Windows Support Forum

Solved: How to get from nat type 3 to nat type 2 using two routers one wired other n

Q: Solved: How to get from nat type 3 to nat type 2 using two routers one wired other n

I have 2 router one is a thompsons speed touch (wire) and the other a linksys(wireless) and i cant get the ps3 to connect to the internet properly everytime i try i get nat type 3 (that is limited connectivity) so if anyone know how to configure the router so i wont have that problem please help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: How to get from nat type 3 to nat type 2 using two routers one wired other n

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: How to get from nat type 3 to nat type 2 using two routers one wired other n

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-get-from-nat-type-3-to-nat-type-2-using-two-routers-one-wired-other-n.788709/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi I have pop up error message Unable to cast object of type System Boolean to object 'System.String'" to Solved: Unable type type cast 'System.Boolean' to of type System String quot comes up every Solved: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String'" time windows started So Solved: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String'" I check the msconfig if some start up software has error but I couldn t find anything I unchecked all start up application and reboot it but still have error message So I go event viewer then I found the error happened in the same time I start up the windows so this might be the one This is info for error I got Log Name Application Source WMI Event ID Level error Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Is there any way to fix this error so that pop up error might stop Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String'"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-cast-object-of-type-system-boolean-to-type-system-string.1084910/
Relevancy 83.85%

Finally after 3 weeks I find this solve for this error message

{ Unable to cast object of type system.boolean to type system.string }

by this tool " CCleaner" and It's works! 100%

Enjoy ​

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-cast-object-of-type-system-boolean-to-type-system-string-solved.1094703/
Relevancy 80.84%

I haven't figured out how to get rid of it.. i don't see anything I set in ease of access.  it's making like s a squish sound every few letter i type.  it doesn't do it like for every letter.  it's not when i touch the mouse pad either.  please give me some ideas on how this happened..??

A:Inspiron. I don't know what settings I screw up on but when i type I hear like a squishing sound on every so many letters i type.

Always include your model name and number as well as the operating system when posting a question. Also include a clearer explanation of the problem.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682841
Relevancy 80.84%

To Whom It May Concern or anyone willing to help About - weeks ago guesstimate I started getting a random window popup at various times while browsing online The semi-odd thing about it is -same type of popup on both ie amp my & a popup type on chrome find Unable & now grrrr started! ie, to new adware-type both Chrome browsers - I hadn t downloaded installed anything around then I havenot been able to find their source - Have not found any scan malwarebytes Panda pcpitstop Unable to find adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, & now a new type started! grrrr etc that seems to locate it nor does my Winpatrol The popup windows vary in advertisers but most frequent is for the game quot Big Farm quot They are always fullsized page amp open in a new window not just a new tab without my regular menu Unable to find adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, & now a new type started! grrrr toolbar etc on top I did notice a little icon right before the url it shows at very top clicked it amp got a menu-thing showing the permissions of the settings etc amp I could click to view cookie data in which I was thinking quot yippee I got it quot lol I can quot remove quot amp quot block quot however each time I can make sure I do all of the however it doesn t seem to help because in a little bit quot poof quot it comes up just as before Of course it can get irritating Now as of days ago I ve suddenly gotten a new amp BIGGER annoyance Quite often especially when I open my browser amp go to do anything such as switch sites pages open history etc I get a blackish popup come down about over my page and has a video box which seldom starts amp if it does play a video it doesn t ever start to play for at least seconds amp below video has a button that says quot SKIP AD in or seconds quot amp then counts down to usually a quot playnow quot amp quot download quot button shows where video screen was then I can hit the skip button amp it goes away So far I haven t been able to get the video nor the buttons etc to actually take me anywhere or do anything even I think the video is usually using jwplayer It also happens just the same nomatter if I m using Chrome or ie Any clue If I had an idea of their name or source I should be able to find some sign of their existence in regedit but I don t seem to find any indication anywhere including at top or bottom of screen when they open The two types of popups do not look or act anyway similar related P S I also have checked my extensions etc in each browser amp in my programs Thank you very much for your time amp assistance HOPEFULLY I got this all done posted right HiJackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Pinger Pinger exe C Program Files x FreeAlarmClock FreeAlarmClock exe C Program Files x BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exe C Program Files x mail com MailCheck IE mail com MailCheck Broker exe C Program Files x Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Users Christopher Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Pa... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-find-adware-type-popup-on-both-chrome-ie-now-a-new-type-started-grrrr.1124144/
Relevancy 80.84%

About - weeks ago guesstimate I started getting a random window popup at various times while browsing online The semi-odd thing about it is -same type of popup on both ie amp my Chrome browsers - I hadn't downloaded installed anything around then I havenot been able to find their source - Have not found any scan malwarebytes Panda pcpitstop etc that seems to locate it nor does my Winpatrol The popup windows vary in advertisers but most frequent is for the game quot Big Farm quot They are always chrome new now adware-type both to type! on find ie, popup Unable source & of a fullsized page amp open in a new window not just a new tab with no toolbar etc on top Of course it can get irritating Now as of days Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type! ago I've suddenly gotten a new amp BIGGER annoyance Quite often especially when I open my browser amp go to do anything such as switch sites pages open history etc I get a blackish popup come down about over my page and has a video box which seldom starts to play for at least seconds amp below video has a button that says quot SKIP AD in seconds quot amp then counts down to then I can hit the skip button amp it goes away It also happens just the same nomatter if I'm using Chrome or ie Any clue If I had an idea of their name or source I should be able to find some sign of their existence in regedit but I don't seem to find any indication anywhere including at top or bottom of screen when they open The two types of popups do not look or act anyway similar related P S I also have checked my extensions etc in each browser amp in my programs Thank you very much for your time amp assistance NOTE the st time I ran gmer it fried on me amp restarted computer so I ran it with the quot sections quot clicked I saved the ark then I reran it again but with the original options amp it ran ok that time so I saved its ark also amp named it quot ark quot Im posting them both I hope that is best Ark txt sections c drive selected Ark txt the normal choices

A:Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type!

cginn73,

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your logs. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unable-to-find-source-of-adware-type-popup-on-both-chrome-and-ie-now-a-new-type-823929.html
Relevancy 80.84%

So lately i found this nifty lil Twitter app that comes with Windows 10 But when i click a tweet with a vine retweet or such it gives me an error saying "Unsupported Video Type Invalid File Type" Has anyone been using the twitter app lately and are getting the same error?
-Cheetha

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/43686-unsupported-video-type-invalid-file-type-windows-10-twitter-app.html
Relevancy 80.84%

so a few years back i read a magazine that said to change the type of computer in device manager to standard pc because it made the computer run a little better or faster so now i ve got my laptop and i ve noticed it type type device in manager! can't computer back original to change getting slower and thought that i would can't change computer type back to original type in device manager! do this VERY BAD MOVE i can still boot windows and everything - it meant that i had to let the computer reinstall all of can't change computer type back to original type in device manager! the drivers for my hardware - but i have noticed in the device manager now that there are two instances of standard pc there is also a new section titled other devices with about devices that seem to have no driver for them - some mention ISA so i am guessing that changing to standard pc means that windows thinks my laptop is now a desktop pc with ISA slots i find that when i put my laptop lid down the thing shuts down when i press the power button it turns off straight away doesn t even shut down i had had the laptop configured for ages to do nothing when i closed the lid and give me shut down options when i pressed the power button i look in power options and i can only cinfigure the monitor screen and hard disk power off options - every other option is not available when i do bring up the shut down options i can no longer choose standby i have also realised that i can not turn on my wireless connection - i ve tried all sorts to get it to work with no avail the laptop is an acer ferrari and when i call up the manager app it says that bluetooth and wireless are not present by the way i can still get the bluetooth button to work - correction - it starts up with the button on but if i turn it off it won t let me turn it on again the emanager and presentation manager buttons on the laptops casing don t work either i have to access them via software route my questions are is it possible that something is going on with the acer part of my system - with regards to the buttons and also the wireless and bluetooth can i change my computer type back to acpi uniprocessor pc yes it is compatible and will this solve all of my power option limitations other device entries have i got any of my suspicions right and is there anything i ve missed by the way - i really really really don t want to reinstall windows xp all over again because it has taken me about months and COUNTLESS hours to customise my system to a T i was hoping to get it perfect and then backup an image so i have a better starting block in the future if i reinstall the system i haven t got the windows install discs on me because they are at another location far away and i can t get them very easily at all - i do have an image to reinstall from however but it would take forever to recustomise everything again every bit of help is a life saver - thank you in advance even ideas are appreciated Steve nbsp

A:can't change computer type back to original type in device manager!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-computer-type-back-to-original-type-in-device-manager.589607/
Relevancy 80.84%

About - weeks ago guesstimate I started getting a random window popup at various times while browsing online The semi-odd thing about popup source Unable both chrome of on adware-type & type! find a ie, to new now it is -same type of popup on both ie amp my Chrome browsers - I hadn't downloaded installed anything around then I havenot been able to find their source - Have not found any scan malwarebytes Panda pcpitstop etc that seems to locate it nor does my Winpatrol The popup windows vary Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type! in advertisers but most frequent is for Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type! the game Big Farm They are always fullsized page amp open in a new window not just a new tab with no toolbar etc on top Of course it can get irritating Now as of days ago I've suddenly gotten a new amp BIGGER annoyance Quite often especially when I open my browser amp go to do anything such as switch sites pages open history etc I get a blackish popup come down about over my page and has a video box which seldom starts to play for at least seconds amp below video has a button that says SKIP AD in seconds amp then counts down to then I can hit the skip button amp it goes away It also happens just the same nomatter if I'm using Chrome or ie Any clue If I had an idea of their name or source I should be able to find some sign of their existence in regedit but I don't seem to find any indication anywhere including at top or bottom of screen when they open The two types of popups do not look or act anyway similar related P S I also have checked my extensions etc in each browser amp in my programs Thank you very much for your time amp assistance

A:Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type!

Hello angelgabbby I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with one of these just skip it and move on to the next one.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Scan.After the scan is complete click on "Clean"Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.-Junkware-Removal-Tool-Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.When they are complete let me have the two reports and let me know how things are running.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530996/unable-to-find-source-of-adware-type-popup-on-both-chrome-ie-now-a-new-type/
Relevancy 80.41%

I set up an Outlook account on a new-to-me laptop I had been Is device? default type type of deteremined email by account unable to download email for several months since I didn't have a computer I had been saving the emails I wanted to keep and had planned on downloading them into my new computer After setting up the account it appeared the system automatically downloaded Is default email account type deteremined by type of device? all of my email from the server I know this is default behavior which I turn off So I went through that process double-checked to see that all the email was downloaded and went out to my server I discovered that what I thought were copies of the emails were left on the servier I didn't want that to happen I dug around to find the location that I have used many times to do this and couldn't remember or find the location to make this change So I came to Seven Forums I saw the step-by-step instructions go to the account select it click change click advanced and uncheck the box that says quot Leave a copy of email on server quot When I went to the advanced dialog box for changing accounts I discovered there wasn't any such box I dug around some more decided to subscribe here and ask why mine was different In the mean time since all the email was downloaded to my computer I went back out to my server deleted all the email and purged the trash Then I went back to my Oullook and discovered all the email that I had quot downloaded quot was gone After digging some more and callling my ISP service desk I discovered that I had set up an IMAP account rather than a POP account There was no place to change this in this account so I deleted the account and went through the process again When I got to the account type the only types showing were IMAP and exchange There may have been another option but the important thing is that POP was not one of the options Down at the bottom of the screen was a checkbox to allow custom set up I checked that and discovered there the POP choice I clicked that and the account behaved as I want deleting copies of emails from the server as they are actually downloaded I have set up several Outlook accounts on various computers before This is the first time I have ever had this happen I have never seen the IMAP as a default before but this is also the first time I have installed it on a laptop Was it this way BECAUSE I was adding the account on a laptop There was another account on the computer which I deleted and it was a POP account so it wasn't some sort of previous setting that just followed over All I know for sure is that having this as default cost me a bunch of time and effort and some extremely important emails Any feedback besides quot Pay closer attention to what your various screens say when you are setting up an account dummy quot

A:Is default email account type deteremined by type of device?

Hello Hagridore and Welcome to Seven Forums!

No, I don't believe the problem is because it is a Laptop.
Email can be very confusing to setup with the different protocols such as POP3, IMAP, and MAPI.

Referring to "Outlook" can be confusing, as it can mean different things.
Outlook may mean the MS Office Outlook client email program, or an Outlook.com email address.
MS has created confusion here imho.
When you say "Outlook accounts" do you mean email accounts in the Outlook client program, or Outlook.com email address's, or both ?
What email client program are you using, such as MS Office Outlook, MS Windows Live Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, ... ?
Also fwiw, for WEB (online) access, Hotmail accounts are being converted to the outlook "WEB format" now...just to make it more fun

From what I know, setting up an Outlook.com (or Hotmail) email address with IMAP does not work without a 3rd party paid solution.
MS uses their own proprietary MAPI protocol (or POP3) for hotmail/outlook email address's accessed in a client program.
If it is possible to use an Outlook(Hotmail) email account with IMAP in a client email program, I would like to know how!

When I delete a POP account (Windows Live Mail) I get a warning about messages that might be lost...
Did you get a warning message when you deleted the POP account?

edit:
I just looked at this again, and see it's in the Office forum.
So, can I assume you are using MS Office Outlook on all the PC's?
If so, what version(s)?
Also, who is the email provider such as Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, MS, ...?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/283902-default-email-account-type-deteremined-type-device.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi
Windows 8 hypervisor hyper v is bare metal hypervisor. And vmware workstation is not. So will the new any difference between these two in terms of performance on a Windows 8 machine?
Is there any article document contrasting these scenarios?

A:Performance comparison of type 2 hypervisor vs type 1 hype

A simple web search should give you plenty of information.

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/30179-performance-comparison-type-2-hypervisor-vs-type-1-hype.html
Relevancy 79.55%

How do I search a directory for a file type, and have it only show files that aren't that file type.
For example, searching a directory for only .jpg, and have the search only show files that are not .jpg, such as .txt, .png, etc.

Relevancy 78.26%

Since about weeks both laptops startup extremely slow and 5742ZG 15" type type 17" wit... Travelmate P273-M whereby the ZG is slower than the P -M It can take more than minutes before the ZG responds on mouse commands in a normal way The P -M is quicker but also significantly slower than before Both laptops react in a similar way during startup CPU and RAM usage drop off after a few minutes but there remains nbsp a high level of disk I O on Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M wit... both laptops After the harddisk I O becomes Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M wit... normal both laptops operate in a normal way for the rest of the time Both laptops I have upgraded to Windows a few months ago and both worked ok My impression is that after the latest Windows update to build startup has become so slow Checked Taskmgr on harddisk activity at startup and found the following same for both laptops Service Host local system network limitations Service Host local service network limitations Service Host local systemare responsable for disk I O of to during to minutes at every startup Both laptops are cleaned regularly by running Privazer Also the list of startup programs in Windows auto start is very limited No virusses and malware found Also used Windows Problem Solver but nothing found Also done nothing special with both laptops indicating to me it has something to do with the Windows update s Does anyone has an idea

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Travelmate-15-quot-type-5742ZG-and-17-quot-type-P273-M-with/td-p/405818/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 78.26%

I am using Chrome m -bit Windows Home Premium Service Pack I haven't done a thing to my computer and now I in HELP Firefox Chrome, yet Google PLEASE! in type type anything can Can't I.E. can't type into Google Chrome Omni Box Incognito or any other part of Chrome Even this message had to be done in a word document and cut amp paste here I tried my backup browser Firefox and it also has the same problem Yet when I go to my last resort IE it works fine I turned off all my extensions and add on and it still didn't work I reset Google Can't type anything in Google Chrome, Firefox yet can type in I.E. HELP PLEASE! Chrome by using Reset Settings and nothing I downloaded a new Google Chrome and still the same problem I tried to go back on my Windows using System Restore yet this didn't work as the possible earlier dates said the files were bad I tried to add another search engine under settings yet I can't type into any of the Chrome boxes I ran Malwarebytes AVG Sypbot Kasperay home scan and nothing was found I ran the Google Clean Can't type anything in Google Chrome, Firefox yet can type in I.E. HELP PLEASE! Up Tool and nothing I can access Word Pad I have msftedit dll on my system C Windows System I use AVG for my anti-virus Windows Firewall and OIbit Malaware fighter I went to Google conflicts and it said no conflicts See the results at the bottom of the page I am using Chrome m -bit Windows Home Premium Service Pack I haven't done a thing to my computer and now I can't type into Google Chrome Omni Box Incognito or any other part of Chrome Even this message had to be done in a word document and cut amp paste here I tried my backup browser Firefox and it also has the same problem Yet when I go to my last resort IE it works fine I turned off all my extensions and add on and it still didn't work I reset Google Chrome by using Reset Settings and nothing I downloaded a new Google Chrome and still the same problem I tried to go back on my Windows using System Restore yet this didn't work as the possible earlier dates said the files were bad I tried to add another search engine under settings yet I can't type into any of the Chrome boxes I ran Malwarebytes AVG Sypbot Kasperay home scan and nothing was found I ran the Google Clean Up Tool and nothing I can access Word Pad I have msftedit dll on my system C Windows System I use AVG for my anti-virus Windows Firewall and OIbit Malaware fighter I went to Google conflicts and it said no conflicts See the results at the bottom of the page Here is the info on Google Chrome version which I'm using Google Chrome Official Build m -bit Revision e e b edc a a ad dc ae e fd-refs branch-heads OS Windows Blink e e b edc a a ad dc ae e fd JavaScript V Flash User Agent Mozilla Windows NT Win x AppleWebKit KHTML like Gecko Chrome Safari Command Line C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end Executable Path C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Profile Path C Users John AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Variations b d d-afba f fb fc - f a df c bc -f a cdd eadf-ca d d ba f da-ca d d f a - d f f ebbd - f a df f c c -ca d d dca- f a df e c f -e c cd c ba-ca d d f cb b- d f f b - e d a ea a -ecbb e d b a - d f f e - cf a aa da - a e de -ca d d ce f - dd dbffab d-ca d d d aa- a e f ae a- c ad ac - e a c f c- bbed aae -d f b c ed d -e cc f f f a -d f b c e b - ad e e - ad ab - f a df Compiler MSVC Modules loaded into Google Chrome This page lists all modules loaded into the main process and modules registered to load at a later point Modules - No conflicts detected Software Signed by Version Location Microsoft Office Shell Extension Handlers Microsoft Corporation commonprogramfiles microsoft shared office msoshext dll Shell Extension -- Not loaded yet Microsoft Windows Live ID Namespace Provider Microsoft Corporation commonprogramfiles microsoft shared windows live wlidnsp dll Kaspersky Lab programdata ka... Read more

A:Can't type anything in Google Chrome, Firefox yet can type in I.E. HELP PLEASE!

I bet it has something to do with this:

Zemana AntiLogger Free Zemana Ltd. 1.8.2.320 c:\program files (x86)\keycryptsdk\keycrypt64(1).dll 

Try disabling/uninstalling it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619603/cant-type-anything-in-google-chrome-firefox-yet-can-type-in-ie-help-please/
Relevancy 78.26%

Since about weeks both laptops startup extremely slow whereby the ZG is slower than the P -M 15" P273-M type type Travelmate and 5742ZG 17" wit... It can take more than minutes before the ZG responds on mouse commands in a Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M wit... normal way The P -M is quicker but also significantly slower than before Both laptops react in a similar way during startup CPU and RAM usage drop off after a few minutes but there remains nbsp a high level of disk I O on both laptops After the harddisk I O becomes normal both laptops operate in a normal way for the rest of the time Both laptops I have upgraded to Windows a few months ago and both worked ok My impression is Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M wit... that after the latest Windows update to build startup has become so slow Checked Taskmgr on harddisk activity at Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M wit... startup and found the following same for both laptops Service Host local system network limitations Service Host local service network limitations Service Host local systemare responsable for disk I O of to during to minutes at every startup Both laptops are cleaned regularly by running Privazer Also the list of startup programs in Windows auto start is very limited No virusses and malware found Also used Windows Problem Solver but nothing found Also done nothing special with both laptops indicating to me it has something to do with the Windows update s Does anyone has an idea

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Travelmate-15-quot-type-5742ZG-and-17-quot-type-P273-M-with/td-p/405818
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a really dumb question - can you connect a PC with no wireless card to a router via an ethernet cable and still have an internet connection?

My mom has an old PC (6 year old Dell Inspiron with Vista) with no wireless card, and now that a couple of her friends have iPads, she wants one too. So I will be getting her a router for her condo so she can play with her iPad. But she will still want to use her desktop computer sometimes for the larger screen size. Do I need to buy a wireless adapter for the PC or just connect it to the router with a cable?

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi TechGuys,

I have been using a wired router for many years and do not want to give it up (I feel more secure with my data going over known wires than being broadcast even if only for a short distance. I recall that when Google Maps cruised around my neighborhood taking movies they also captured some wireless info).

But I need a wireless router to load up some pictures on my new picture frame. Can I purchase a wireless router and use it even though I have a wired network?

If so, what should I look out for with this configuration?

Thanks for any help you can give.

PCB.

A:Solved: Wired and Wireless Routers coexisting?

Can I purchase a wireless router and use it even though I have a wired network?Click to expand...

yes

But I need a wireless router to load up some pictures on my new picture frame.Click to expand...

you can often load via a USB drive or SD Card - whats the make and model of the picture frame
Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wired-and-wireless-routers-coexisting.974875/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi All I have a Linksys BERFS wired router that I use as the main distribution point from my cable modem I have also connected a NetGear WGR wireless router off of the Linksys for my few laptops I would like to have the Linksys set the IP addresses for all of the computers but whenever I try to set it up I cannot access the internet through it I have an NAS device on my network that I use for back-up and also as a USB print server I ve tried setting the RIP on both units to level don t remember the exact phrasing and disabling the DHCP server on the wireless router but with no luck I m sure I m missing a step or here and hope you can help me solve this One question if I flash the routers to the Tomato firmware assuming it supports them both will that help my problem Thanks Tim nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

My PC's been running wierd for about a week now and in that time numerous infections have been found, quarantined and removed. Last virus scan came back clear 'hooray!'... or so i thought...I use AVG free 8.5 and within the space of 45 mins i have received two seperate threat alerts. The first one was exploit phoenix exploit kit type 1112and the second one was exploit rogue scanner type 1148 The next step was unplugging it and drop kicking it out the window until these threat alerts popped up as it proves the machine is still under the influence of something. Can someone please advise me on the 'whats', 'hows' and 'whens' to restore my PC back to how it should be?Many much thanks in advance!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/337954/exploit-phoenix-exploit-kit-type-1112-and-exploit-rogue-scanner-type-1148/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi

I'm looking for a converter that will take my DV Type-1 AVI files and output them as DV Type-2 AVI files for editing with Premier Pro.

I´d like to capture directly with Premier Pro, but I can´t get my Panasonic NV-GS180 to work with FireWire, so I have to capture with USB-interface using Moviemaker

Thank you for any help

A:DV type 1 to DV type 2 converter

How large are the files? This software has a 4GB limit I believe.
http://www.ulead.com/download/dvconverter/download.htm

also: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVdate not sure of any limits.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dv-type-1-to-dv-type-2-converter.93916/
Relevancy 69.66%

Re the new usb type C and usb version 3.1 I get that the type is the physical connector, and that the 3.1 is the latest standard a port could utilize. What I don't get is the type A to type C connector cables. This is fine for connecting backward to 2.0 , or 3.0 etc. But how can a type A port (and connector) support all the features of 3.1 ? All my reading (dozens of discussions) have not said anything about this. It seems 3.1 requires a lot of wires, more than a Type A connector/port has, is that true, meaning Type A cannot carry full 3.1 features. Or in other words, no Type A port will ever support full 3.1?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-type-a-to-type-c-cables.1169477/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi everyone It! Everything Type I Gets I As Type Erased My laptop was fine until a few days ago All of a sudden when I turned it on and attempted to sign into my email I noticed that the letters would erase as I typed them sometimes immediately sometimes not until I would finish typing the whole word It is now extremely frustrating to use it beacause sometimes I try to type fast to get it all in before it gets deleted and then I move down to say the password field and begin to type there well that will all erase AND the username field above will erase too This occurs on every program including the address bar when I try to enter websites in my browser I ve noticed that the cursor just moves around when it s not being touched and also sometimes when I try to select something with it it will just Everything I Type Gets Erased As I Type It! open it quickly and close it For instance I cannot even access the start menu as when it is selected it quickly flashes but will not open Or sometimes give me an error message like Everything I Type Gets Erased As I Type It! quot are you sure you want to abort this quot when I hadn t even touched anything It s almost as if someone is watching what I m doing online and fooling around with me okay NOW I sound off Everything I Type Gets Erased As I Type It! my rocker - but is that possible It is so bad that I am actually typing this question on my Sidekick because my laptop would not permit me to I m thinking otherwise that I must have some sort of bug so I ve run several spyware adware checks anti-virus scans including Ewido reset the system back two months and still no dice The keyboard is perfectly clean with no obstructions or stuck keys It s an Averatec laptop I am using windows xp professional and I believe xp plus is installed as well The computer is primarily used for internet surfing and I do not open foreign emails I do have it on a wireless network that is WEP encrypted Does anyone have any idea what I may be looking at here I apologize for the long-winded question I am just at the end of my rope with this thing and typing on my Sidekick isn t really doin it for me LOL

A:Everything I Type Gets Erased As I Type It!

Well, at first glance this seems to be a hardware issue and not a software issue. Something is 'firing', perhaps the keyboard, perhaps the mousepad or buttons. Don't know. But the fact that your scans come up clean kind of confirms this also. Are you using a mouse with this laptop? A wireless mouse perhaps? Disconnect the mouse if that is the case. See if the problems go away.EDIT: I almost forgot: Welcome to BC!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52502/everything-i-type-gets-erased-as-i-type-it/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,
I apologize if this is not the right section, this seemed to be the most suitable.
I am using a 3D Connexion mouse and when I try to execute an executable file for the software configuration, I get the following error?
"Exception: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Configuration.Internal.ConfigurationManagerInternal' to type 'System.Configuration.Internal.IConfigSystem'"
I've talked with the mouse vendor and they have no idea.  My OS is Win7 64.  Does anybody know what this is?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c619ecf6-c283-4481-87c4-b80c2f3fe3cc/exception-unable-to-cast-object-of-type?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 66.65%

Can I tell what RAM configuration without opening Laptop?

Laptop can handle up to 8G, came with 4G installed.

Is it one 4G chip, or 2 - 2G's? Can I tell if I have an open slot?

HP-Pavilion Laptop / AMD A-Series Processor / 15. Display / 4GB Memory model: dv6-6117dx

Relevancy 66.65%

How can i change my nat type on modern warfare from type Solved: Mw2 nat strict to open depending what router you have just forward these Required Ports for Modern Warfare In addition to the required ports for Steam Modern Warfare requires the following ports for multiplayer UDP outbound only Solved: Mw2 nat type no forward needed UDP outbound only Solved: Mw2 nat type no forward needed UDP outbound only no forward needed UDP inbound outbound must forward to act as a multi-player host but no forward or inbound traffic needed to find and join games For more information please see this page Configuring Your Router If you do not have the original instruction manual for working with your router please check your router for the manufacturer or brand name and the router s model number You will need to run a search for your router manufacturer s website to find instructions for configuring your router to work with Steam and Modern Warfare PortForward com is also a useful resource for router-specific instructions please note that the information provided at PortForward com may not reflect recent additions to the required ports for Steam Click to expand Source http forums steampowered com forums showthread php t how do i do the port forwarding nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

I'm working on a computer running Windows XP SP3, IE7 and Outlook 6. They recently updated their pc with Windows update and they do not know which update ran. Now, they cannot type in any text boxes in Internet Explorer. I tried to run system restore, but there the calendar never shows up. I tried to install IE 8 but after the system reboot, and when the box that goes through the three or four steps after install - just closes after the first one. I've found a fix according to MS - but it only works on SP2. I'm not sure what to do next. The MSHTMLER.DLL file was missing from winnt/system folder, I've copied a new one there but still doesn't seem to solve anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:[SOLVED] Can't type in IE7 + OE

Hello and welcome

Does it work if you access Ie this way:

Open IE and go to Tools => Internet Options => Advanced and uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions" (requires restart). Try opening links after you rebooted and let us know if you still have a problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-cant-type-in-ie7-oe-368749.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi there. Running my Winxp Packard bell desktop with 256mb of ram. I feel i want to add more ram. I am however unsure wich type of ram my PC has or how much more i can add. Is there a program or tip that could help me tfind this out? Thanks for views and replies.

Regards.

A:Solved: Which type of RAM do i have?

Hi check http://www.crucial.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-which-type-of-ram-do-i-have.522499/
Relevancy 66.65%

Recently a DOS type box (black empty field) with the title "Document and Users" and sometimes other words added to the title. It happens in a blink of an eye and I can never fully read the title. It seems to happen when I either enter the web or start new programs, but as I am writing this message a box blinked for a millisecond and it seemed not to have a heading but not sure as it was very fast.

What is it? It seemed to start when I tried to update Norton but not absolutly sure.

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

i am visiting a friend in the next few days and they are wantint me to upgrade the ram in their computer, they have a HP/Compaq DC7100SFF running windows xp and currently have 512mb ram installed.

i am wanting to order the ram so that when i get there the ram should have arrived. they are not too good with the insides of a computer so i dont really want them to start opening it up. i think it is ddr ram but there are some types of ram that wont work with Intel chipsets and i am sure it has an intel chipset.

Does anybody know what ram it uses? and if i buy a 1 gb ram will it work or would i have to buy 2 x 512mb ram

thanks for helping
James

Relevancy 66.65%

I have an older micro systems p.c. it has a pentium p 111 cpu at 500MHz,
192 mb.ram. maxtor 40GiG. H/D. MOBO.is Intel se440bx-2. version aa720932-210, chipset is 440 chipset family,memory controller is 82443 bx/dx/zx.
I have 3 sticks of ram installed,1 is listed as 64m dim/ne -11,1 listed as 64 dim/ne-12 and one as compaq 323012/001. Iwould like to add more ram but I do not know if this is pc 100 or pc 133 also I would like to know how much I could install in this system,also my nephew said he has a mobo with a 2Gb. AMD Athlon cpu. that he will fit for me, would this ram be compatable with the amd setup.
thanks in advance.
p.s. to Mulder ' I believe '

A:Solved: type of ram

All you want is here:
http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/SE440BX2/

The Technical Specification gives a pdf file with the motherboard manual, that includes a full description of the memory requirements.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-type-of-ram.288488/
Relevancy 66.65%

sometimes I receive a CD from my office with some reports inside it, and I don't know if it's a CD-R cd or a CD-RW cd because sometimes I need to edit something and update something. How can I know the type of a CD?

one more thing, I have a CD-RW Drive and want to know if I can write on CD-R cd's?

Relevancy 66.65%

hi i cannot type anything in my XPpro desktop, the alt key does not appear to be stuck, the keyboard is a wired microsoft and seems to be fine.
i run a paid for version of zone alarm as my AV plus a free version of key scrambler, both have been temp disabled with no good result.
the problem has been around for some time , i have previously fixed it by system restore but that does not help anymore.
i believe it may be a` corrupt or damaged DLL file, there are programs available to repair these but as i cannot type anything how do i instal them in my computer.
any advice appreciated, thanks patsym:

A:Solved: can't type in XP

Perhaps go to another computer find the program you want>download and burn to disk then

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-type-in-xp.1115496/
Relevancy 65.79%

Our department has been handed RAM chips that we can use in our machines IF I can figure out what slot to put them in They aren t the normal size I m used to so I don t know where to put them RAM chip details Infineon HYS D HBDL- -C MB DDR PC S Made by IBM Part P type? do Solved: install RAM this I Where It s a shorter than usual chip and it doesn t fit in the long slots that the other RAM I currently have in these machines is The machine I m trying to install it in is IBM ThinkCentre S Type Model WSH Where to I stick this memory chip so that it can be used Currently the machine is running with a MB PC chip which is about twice the length of this new one Is there a different place on the motherboard this thing would go Or do I just put it in the slot and only attempt to latch one end of it nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Hello everyone, i hope i am posting in the right section for this problem, if not then i apologise now.

Recently i have been on a few web sites that give a note saying that if you try to use the site, you must accept their cookies. Since then i have noticed that the items i have done a search for on ebay and Argos, in this case a boombox and drill bits, showed in adverts when i went on to youtube. In one case it showed the exact boombox i have been looking for.

In efect my internet use is being tracked or monitored by companies, is it possible to stop this happening? Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: New type of Cookies?

You might be able to limit some tracking by using something like Ghostery;https://www.ghostery.com/ There are different versions available for most browsers but the IE one is not as effective as the others due to the way IE works.

I use Ghostery in my Opera and Firefox browsers and have it set to block all trackers. I have never visited a site that demands the acceptance of cookies, but I do see the legal notice that the site will place a cookie on your computer unless you opt out. I usually accept them and delete them later.

I have been using Ghostery for some time now and haven't yet come across a site that has refused to work because I block trackers but it must be possible that some will, in which case you could add the site(s) to Ghostery's whitelist;https://www.ghostery.com/faq#q7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-type-of-cookies.1096759/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi There,

I have a client who has recieved an email attachment in the RPS file type format. She would like to view this document, but I can't seem to find anything online regarding how to open this type of file. Any help?

Tom

A:[SOLVED] RPS File type

It is not wise to open unknown file attachments, even when from known senders. It would be best to contact the sender to see what it is.

All I can find on the RPS file type is that it is a "3ds Max Render preset settings file". Of course it could be something completely different, malicious or otherwise.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-rps-file-type-630987.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have an XP SP3 desktop machine that suddenly will only type numbers 1 throught 0 in order, no matter what key I hit. So if I were randomly hit keys it would show up as 123456789012345678901234 and so on. It does the same thing with multiple keyboards, USB and PS2, as well as safe mode. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks in advance for any replies!

Relevancy 65.79%

HP Pavilion vx model number a w product number PJ AA I know you guys need tons of info to help someone but have? Motheboard What of do type Solved: I this all I have right now My Hp is at a repair shop I am not to comfortable with the guy who is working on it he seems too unsure of everything Solved: What type of Motheboard do I have? I Solved: What type of Motheboard do I have? ask him and I have been trying to learn about the hardware needed for my repair I was reading some how to guides on replacing the motherboard wich the guy at the shop told me was what the problem was not sure if I will give it a go just yet I know that when your pc boots up you can find the info there if you pause the screen at start up but I m new at all this and plus I m a dumb a So the computer is at the shop and it wont start up anyway How can I find out what type of motherboard I will need if say I wanted to try it myself or have a friend who I think can do it The guy at the shop said it will take other brands than Hp Universal or something the guy is so vauge Any suggestions on how I should go about this I will try to find out my specs so you guys can help me but without the computer here I really have no clue Thanks so much in advance Oh also he estimated the bill at of that being the price of the motherboard does that sound about right TY again nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

A friend asked me to upgrade her mem but I found a strange beast inside that I am not familiar with. Chasis shows it to be a Dimension 4500 but ser code and Everest show it to be a 8200. Crucial shows it have Rambus Inline mem. 4 mem sticks with bank 0 and 1 covered with aluminum and bank 2 and 3 "plain" Dell sticks with no circuits on surface ?? I removed 2 plain sticks and PC beeped like crazy. I assume I can replace these sticks with normal looking mem but curious as to what I have?? Each stick has 2 notches in middle of stick about 1 in apart.

Relevancy 65.79%

See the attachment to see what I mean. I have tried to 150% with little advantage, plus the icons then can't be organized as I desire on the desktop. This smallness of print occurs throughout the displays, beginning with the splash page and the request for the password. You can barely read it!

{redoak}

Relevancy 65.79%

Just a quick question.
Is Cable different to ADSL, or?

Thanks.

A:Solved: Type of Internet

Yes, ADSL is (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line), which is delivered over the copper pair from the telephone company central exchange.

CABLE is typically a DOCSIS (Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification) and comes via the cable company's coax connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-type-of-internet.830522/
Relevancy 65.79%

I want to uprgade my processor but to do so need to find what processor I currently have. The best info i got was this...

Intel(R) Processor Identification Utility
Version: 2.5.20050912
Time Stamp: 2005/09/19 22:26:19
Number of processors in system: 1
Current processor: #1
Processor Name: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 505 2.66GHz
Type: 0
Family: F
Model: 3
Stepping: 4
Revision: E
L1 Trace Cache: 12 Kµops
L1 Data Cache: 16 KB
L2 Cache: 1 MB
Packaging: LGA775
Platform Compatibility Guide: 04A
EIST: No
MMX(TM): Yes
SIMD: Yes
SIMD2: Yes
SIMD3: Yes
Enhanced Halt State: No
Execute Disable Bit: No
Hyper-Threading Technology: No
Intel(R) Extended Memory 64 Technology: No
Expected Processor Frequency: 2.66 GHz
Reported Processor Frequency: 2.66 GHz
Expected System Bus Frequency: 533 MHz
Reported System Bus Frequency: 533 MHz

I'm looking to uprgade it. Any suggestions ? Thankyou.

A:Solved: What type of proccesor have I got ?

Hi, You have this one

http://www.intel.com/personal/products/lga775.htm

Try this for some motherboard info, which we need, for the chipset ID and other info

www.belarc.com Get the free belarc advisor, download to desktop, run it, it will produce a sheet with lots of info, post ((Not the whole page)) just the CPU or processor info Belarc shows and the motherboard ID it shows.

see this too

Looks like yours is a 505

http://indigo.intel.com/mbsg/results.aspx?orgID=0&aryAttrID=202

Those should be the motherboards that support this model processor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-what-type-of-proccesor-have-i-got.400479/
Relevancy 65.79%

When I try to type the number 0 in the number keyboard, I get a pop-up saying cut, paste, etc. This happens in both my word processing program (WordPerfect) and also when I'm trying to type an e-mail. All other numbers are OK.

I am able to type the number 0 when I use the regular keyboard. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi everyone as the title says i have a pretty big problem type i standby PC into something goes Solved: whenever This started Solved: PC goes into standby whenever i type something happening about days ago and this is my first post in the net about it I hope you can help me So whenever i type something for more than - seconds my computer goes into standby mode This problem happened on windows as well and I tried like every virus tool you can imagine to find out what could cause this I did find malware and some other junk but that didn t fix the problem so i re-formated my computer with my newly acquired windows copy But to my luck the problem persists Well then it must be a CPU or a PSU problem right I cleaned the interior of my PC checked if the fans are running Observed the temperatures with speedfan everything normal Then i had my computer sit in bios mode for an hour or so it didn t shut down I m starting to think that it s actually my keyboard or something going nuts Is this possible The windows event log says that kernel s quot energy-management quot has initiated the standby My system specs Intel Core CPU GHZ GB RAM bit Win Geforce Hope someone can help me nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD E1-2500 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 22 Model 0 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3546 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8240, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 450050 MB, Free - 402191 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, Kabini CRB
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

I have just received an email with two attachments. Both are docx. I am very reluctant to try to find a program to open them, because the last time I tried it, I accidentally downloaded some malware, and got a real ear bashing from one of your advisors. could anyone point me to a safe download to open these, apparently new, attachments.

A:Solved: New file type

Those are later format Word files so they should open in your Office document program or a Word viewer.
see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891090/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-file-type.1144063/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a port on my computer that this card fits, I need to change it to a sound card as one of the jacks on the motherboard fried. I only get 1/4 volume out of the front jack because it is designed for headphones and not my 5.1 surround sound system. If your wondering that is my outdated nvidia geforce 4000 mx, i found it fits when my current card was having a fan problem the manufacturer fixed.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
tek

A:Solved: what type of connection is this? pci??

Hey dude. It is a PCI slot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-what-type-of-connection-is-this-pci.928267/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a NVIDEA GeFORCE 6600LX 256mb card now. I am thinking of getting an ATI Radeon 9550 256mb graphics card. I use AGP connection. I increased from a 128mb card by NVIDEA . It had an AGP 2X/4X slot. The 6600 card has an AGP 4X/8X slot. The Radeon card has 4X/8x AGP slot. Can anyone tell me which is the better card/processor. I do a lot of Flight Simming which requires a good card. I am running Xp with Pent 4/ 2.4 ghz processor on an 80GB and 250GB H/Drive
Bruce.

Relevancy 65.79%

I am using 'Windows XP Home Edition and every time I click a site like a Yahoo game room or Pogo or sites like that my Windows just disappear. No error messages, no nothing. I tried to click on the link on the page at Sun Java to "verify installation" and the Window closed immediately. Anybody got any idea what could cause this or how to fix it?

Relevancy 65.79%

Is there a type of vnc program that will allow me to administer support (take control of someones computer remotely) to someone who's getting their IP from a wireless router. The IP is supplied from the router, so VNC cannot connect? Thanks

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,
A few days ago, I was angry so I just banged my hands on my keyboard, pressing down random buttons.
Anyway, turns out I tweaked something and now when I type it comes up with Chinese characters.
Stupidly enough, I logged off thinking it would fix the problem, but it only made it worse and now I can’t log back in.

I have a crappy Toshiba M300 Satelite Laptop and lost the manual.

Could anyone help me and tell me what buttons to press so the typing language goes back to English?
Kindest Regards,
X X X

Relevancy 65.79%

We have two desktops on an ethernet connection and two laptops that are on wireless adapters. My wife uses Remote Connection to access some of her clients . At present we are setup as a home network .

I am concerned about security and have changed my admin password from that given to us be internet provider, I have also changed the password encryption key. We are using WPA-PSK with TKIP. I have also edited Mac address filtering to only allow our laptops and Wii to access our gateway.

Should we switch to a work network? All computers are running Windows 7 Home Premium except for one which has Windows 7 Starter installed.

A:Solved: Type of network to use?

I have also edited Mac address filtering to only allow our laptops and Wii to access our gateway.Click to expand...

It is a waste of effort and just makes your network more difficult for you to use. Anybody who wants to spoof one of those MAC Addresses will do so. The only real wireless security is WPA or WPA2 encryption with a strong passphrase. Anybody who can crack WEP or who will try to break WPA(2) surely knows how to spoof MAC Addresses.

Should we switch to a work network?Click to expand...

I forget exactly what the difference is. A "Work" network does not allow media streaming or doesn't allow HomeGroups or something like that, right? If you want to disallow whatever it is on your LAN then make the change.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-type-of-network-to-use.1022175/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello all I recently got a xps 600 super cheap like 60 bucks) Now I realize its old but was wondering if anyone could help me determine what are the best cards I can put in it with a SLI configuration? Im really new to this whole SLI stuff and video cards kinda don't know me too well anyway I have the 3.0 Pentium D (dual) 2GB 533MHz DDR2 and right now it has a crappy 128mb ati x300 (crap card) lol I bought it because I wanted to use it to teach me SLI for when I build my own PC later thanks in advance for any help

Relevancy 65.79%

I have just got an IPOD nano and it says I need a powered USB 2.0 connector

how do I work out what i have ??

i have a laptop and a PC and I think they may both be 1.1 but not really sure...

The laptop is a Compaq N600C
The PC is a homebuilt job 3/4 years ago, with an MSI AMD motherboard, but i'm not near it to find the motherboard number

i tried running belarc but it did not tell me anything..

Relevancy 65.79%

hey guys here s my question i live in a type would Which connection Solved: be best ?? of small town out in the middle of nowhere i dropped mediacom as my internet provider then discovered that my choices for another internet provider were very limited since i wasn t looking for any kind of dish service i had only one choice and that was to go with windstream internet services so now i have windstreams Mbps Solved: Which type of connection would be best ?? DSL internet service running through the phone lines in my house into a wireless Sagemcom modem right now the modem Solved: Which type of connection would be best ?? is connected to my computer by dsl cable i recently discovered that this modem is an older version now my lack of knowledge is going to shine what i mean is this modem is a quot G quot type series it is not the new quot N quot type modem sorry for bad explanation this new internet Solved: Which type of connection would be best ?? service with this type connection is very slow so before doing the proper research i ordered a new wireless PCI adapter card it is a Mbps g adapter my question is would the use of this wireless PCI card help to speed up my internet service or will it slow it down even more also for only more i can get there Mbps internet service if i had this service would the wireless PCI card help or hurt my internet speed please offer your advice on what i have and what i am wanting to do Ron Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card S Graphics ProSavageDDR Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS P VMM Antivirus Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Hello guys,
This may sound a really dumb question but forgive me for asking it.
I have a Intel P4 2.4Mhz processor with Intel Mobo 845GEBV2 with 128MB of memory.
But I dont know the type of memory.
I used Aida and looked in the memory it said 128MBDDR SDRAM(PC2100)(133 MHz).
But under a different header it said effective speed 266Mhz.
which is the correct one?
Is it possible to use to memory sticks with different speeds on a single mobo.
Also cooould anyone tell me the maximum size of HDD that i can connect to this mobo and does the limit apply to both primary and secondary hd,s
thanks in advance for the help.

Relevancy 64.93%

Win 8.1 (64 bit)

On start up, after all icons etc are in place, I get prompted with the message, "How do you want to open this type of file". If I just click anywhere on the Desktop, it disappears.

I have run sfc /scannow 3 times , I have run DISM and it fixed a few corrupt files. I have run cc cleaner on the registry. I have run Malwarebytes (with the latest updates) and it is still there.

The only process in Start-up is Windows Host Process (Rundll32)

Any thoughts, anyone?

Thanks in advance

A:[SOLVED] How to you want to open this type of file?

First off, never run CCleaner's registry cleaner. It can ruin your PC from usage and require a full reinstall.

Do you have a CD in your CD tray?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-how-to-you-want-to-open-this-type-of-file-845978.html
Relevancy 64.93%

hi. im new here and i need some help. when i play videos in itunes, windows media player, on youtube (anytype of video) the video lags every 30 -40 seconds. ive been told to get the right codecs and i have the k-lite full pack and im just out of answers. can anybody help?

A:[SOLVED] Every type of video lags

I am getting this problem on flash video as well. Did not do this with vista but W7 is giving me headaches here. Everything else is solid with W7 though. I am just waiting for updates.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-every-type-of-video-lags-432201.html
Relevancy 64.93%

After my computers been on for a few days it tends to think I speak chinese or whatever language that is.. I cant type without it suggesting strange characters. I want this gone permanently!! Please help me
See attached image..

Relevancy 64.93%

I have a router which dials my DSL using PPPOE.

My PC is connected to the router via ethernet cable.

My laptop is connected to the router via wireless.

I want my PC and laptop to be able to share files.

How do I do this? I tried many combinations with the Windows XP networking setup wizard to no avail. The best I got is, the PC sees the Laptop but can't access it. Laptop doesn't see anything.

Thank you.

Relevancy 64.93%

I have a friend who has a PC that was home built by someone else a while ago. What I know about the computer is that it is running with a Pentium 4, 1.6 Ghz. What type of memory does this computer likely use?

A:Solved: Quick Question: What type of ram do I need?

For the answer to that you need to find out what motherboard you have. Use SIW to find out. Look under Hardware - Motherboard - Model.

SIW: http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html

Or you can try using an online scanner such as the one at www.crucial.com to see if it can detect your system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-quick-question-what-type-of-ram-do-i-need.665033/
Relevancy 64.93%

i am not entirely sure what is infecting my computer but yesterday what seemed to be a safe key gen turned out to be what i think is a trojan something or other AVG doesnt seem to be able to deal with it correctly Something continues to create a large amount of virus? type Trojan? Solved: some of tmp exe files in my windows temp folder Here is my hijackthis file all help appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C Program Files Alias Maya docs wrapper exe C Program Solved: Trojan? some type of virus? Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe C Program Files Alias Maya docs jre bin java exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcLog exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files VNC VNC Solved: Trojan? some type of virus? WinVNC exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system conime exe C WINDOWS system issearch exe C WINDOWS system isnotify exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nTrayFw exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files EPOX USDM USDM EXE C Program Files ImageIt ItRun EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files Razer Copperhead razerhid exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Razer Copperhead razerofa exe C Program Files ewido anti-spyware ewido exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA MICROS wcescomm exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgcc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Kurisu Desktop New Folder HijackThis exe R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - HKLM Run nTrayFw C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nTrayFw exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run URLLSTCK exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security UrlLstCk exe O - HKLM Run NVIDIA nTune quot C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTune exe quot clear O - HKLM Run EPoXUSDM quot C Program Files EPOX USDM USDM EXE quot quot quot O - HKLM Run WinIt C Program Files ImageIt ItRun EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run SW C WINDOWS system sw exe O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run razer C Program Files Razer Copperhead razerhid exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe q... Read more

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello, I'm having an odd and annoying problem where my program files x86 folder has somehow been set to act like it's on picture mode, making it really tedious to scroll through.

There's not even a customize tab for that folder, and I've already gone to tools - folder options - and reset all the folder views on my system. They all went back to default, except for that one.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Solved: folder type problem

Have you looked under View in the toolbar?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-folder-type-problem.900553/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello All: Been a while since I asked any questions. I just got an updated Dell OptiPlex 755 that has a DVD that does not accept my new DVD+R disks. I don't want to open the case. How can I determine what type DVD disk is needed to burn some data? I was trying to burn a Win 7 Rescue Disk. Any good Identify DVD Freeware with answers? Thanks.. agpilot
( sorry if this is not well written )

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,

This is my first post so I hope it is in the right place.

I have a very odd problem. If I try to type letter m (lower or upper case) in any of my browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome) I get letter r instead. I thought that my keypad is going bad, but the letter m types fine in word for example. As far as I can tell, it is only letter m and only the browsers that have an issue with it.

I have no idea whatsoever what's causing this or how to fix it. At this point I have the letter copied in the clipboard and I pass it as needed...but it's painful...

Thanks,
Alex

A:Solved: Cannot type letter m in any of my browsers

Never mind, a simple restart fixed it. I still have no idea what caused it though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-type-letter-m-in-any-of-my-browsers.1112621/
Relevancy 64.93%

im going to upgarde my Dell Optiplex GX110 to 512 MB ram, but dont know which type of 256 MB chip to look for? do anybody know what would fit in my computer? thanks.
and i was going to upgrade my hard drive to, to like a 40 gig but dont know if anyone would fit.

Relevancy 64.93%

The following is the tech info for my computer Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Processor model unknown x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd M SLI-S Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled When I select Japanese from the Task Bar language setting anything typed in the Japanese language is incorrect That is the kana characters that appear are not the ones I typed The Japanese keyboard appears to be incorrect I have read many forums about this problem and can only guess the Win version I have is not compatible with the language pack I installed Is there any chance there is some app available for download that will solve this problem Perhaps I should also ask if there is a Japanese word processor free version preferred available I could use My basic need is to type in kana that is hiragana and katagana I don t need Kanji characters because I can t read them Any help will be much appreciated - - - - PS - If possible could help information be addressed to my email address as well as to this thread Address is email protected nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

hi there,

i was wondering if anyone knows of a free software to compress a file to make it small enough to send as an attachment by email (Trying to send a 0.3Gb Quicktime file by email. I'm PC, the recipient will be Mac).

thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

A:Solved: WinZip type of software

Video files are usually already compressed. Zipping them doesn't compress them much further. E-mail is a terrible way to send large files. There are lots of file sharing applications available instead. Drop.io is one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-winzip-type-of-software.895340/
Relevancy 64.93%

I need to use the copyright ©, trademark ™ (and whatever this one is ®) symbols. I can't find how to make them in photoshop. Even tried to copy/paste from word, but it just turns it into a text letter when I paste it. Can't seem to find it in Adobe Help, either.
Also need to use small numbers and wondered if the only way to do that is to just change the font size on each one?

Also...bullets... It works to copy/paste from word, but it seems like they should be available in photoshop...?

Thank you!!
Lucy16

Relevancy 64.93%

where do i look to find out which type of video card i need for my computer. it is an hp pavillion a6119h. also which one is best for the money. ie; 256 vs. 512 vs. 1gb.

A:Solved: What type of video card ?

It uses a pci-e video card. Before you buy anything, I would check to see what power supply you have installed. Big box systems like hp, dell, etc come with a pw supply that is just enough to power the system as shipped. There is little or no upgrade "room"

You can probably get by with a basic video card however installing a high end card like a 4850 ati or 9800 nvidia is asking for problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-what-type-of-video-card.788717/
Relevancy 64.93%

All of a sudden I cannot type in fields online and cannot restore because the calendar is blank in system restore. Can anyone help? I can click on links, but can't type passwords, etc. I would greatly appreciate any help!!!

Relevancy 64.93%

I've disabled Clear Type in Win 7 and yet some programs (including IE9) use it.
Any idea?

Thank you.

Relevancy 64.93%

Now my numbers appear as letters, and I can't figure out how to get them back -- looks like capitals of numbers like exclamation points won't print either.

There must be a setting that I haven't found. Any suggestions? My passwords won't work without numbers...

Relevancy 64.93%

I just bought GB of Corsair DDR memory x GB CM X - C DHX XMS - V This memory was to add to my GB of DDR Dual Inline Memory Modules DIMMS Memory Solved: Type Problem When I read the instructions with the Solved: Memory Type Problem new items it stated that they were only suitable for Bit systems I contacted the seller about this and he advised that it did not matter what Bit size my system was and that they would work I therefore decided to test this out by installing one of the GB modules and was pleased to see that the system recognised the increased RAM I then installed the second one and this time the OS refused Solved: Memory Type Problem to start I have Solved: Memory Type Problem tried both installed on there own and it works but not with the two together These were expensive items which the seller is not keen to take back can someone explain what is wrong here and possibly tell me what I should have ordered Thanking you in advance CPU - Intel Core Quad QX Extreme CPU Cooler - Thermaltake Golden Orb II Motherboard - Asus Striker II Extreme nForce i Ultra chipset -way SLI DDR Memory - GB Corsair DDR mhz XMS DHX CL x GB Hard Drives - Velociraptor GB S-ATAII RPM Optical Drive - x Blu-Ray ROM S-ATA DVD RW Graphics card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX GB Sound card - Onboard Audio PSU - W Cooler Master Modular Accessories - Floppy drive Accessories - -in- USB Media Card Reader Case - Coolermaster Cosmos Type-S OS - Windows Home Premium -bit nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello Guys,
Laptop- Compaq,
Operating System- XP Pro
Please help me, from last 2 days I am facing this Problem,
My Laptop Autotyping in any blank box
Auto Typing Like in Internet, Chrome, Google Search, Microsoft Word even Administrator Password.
It's intermittent problem...

Error:- [[[[[[[[[[[
It's keep repeatedly typing above bracket.

Basic Troubleshoot what I did is,
1) System Restore,
2) Safe Mode with Networking, but I am getting same problem in Safe Mode as well and static sound (irritating although mute key is on)
3) Unplug all USB devices.
4) Update Keyboard driver,
5) Scan Laptop with Antivirus & Antimalware but nothing found.
6) Reset keyboard Settings.

Please help,
All suggestion appreciate

A:[SOLVED] Auto Type issue

Try removing the Bracket key [ clean the contact with a Q Tip. It sounds like that key is stuck. Try an external keyboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-auto-type-issue-604043.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Okay, it's BIGGER than I want now! LOL

I've been trying to make print easier to read since I got WinsXP SP2, but now I've messed around where I shouldn't be and have ended up w/GIGANTIC print on websites such as this one. (Much bigger than the type you're probably seeing here.)

I was fooling around in Ctrl Panel and reset some size options. I thought I was in device mgr, but can't retrace my steps...but I was DEFINETLY somewhere in the Ctrl Panel.

Can anyone help? Thanks, Fox

Relevancy 64.93%

Greetings My virius protection says that I have sometype of PUP Virus here is myn HJThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Solved: found Some type virus of Platform Windows Solved: Some type of virus found XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Solved: Some type of virus found SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Solved: Some type of virus found SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe C PROGRA mcafee com mps mscifapp exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CamTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Location Finder LocationFinder exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www keysnews com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http r office microsoft com r rlidOfficeUpdate clid R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer bess proxy ntplx net O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO McBrwHelper Class - B AA -DAF - -BD D- F BCB E - c program files mcafee com mps mcbrhlpr dll O - BHO McAfee PopupKiller - EC F-E - cae- B B-B C A - c program files mcafee com mps popupkiller dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run IntelWireless C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe tf Intel PROSet Wireless O - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDA... Read more

A:Solved: Some type of virus found

Hi, Don't see anything obvious in your log. But, you may need to check on what type of Intel PRO Wireless adapter you have, as there have been announcements of a bug in the Windows drivers for some of this adatper types>

http://support.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-023065.htm
If you have Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG and 2915ABG Network Connection Hardware installed and are using Microsoft Windows on your system(s), your system could be affected. If you are unsure of the product in your system, please go to the following URL to identify it: http://support.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-005905.htmClick to expand...

The online checker will identify what adatper you are using:

http://support.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-005905.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-some-type-of-virus-found.516799/
Relevancy 64.93%

It started doing this not too long ago.

And when I type alt+0191 I get a smile☺ instead of an upside down ?.

How can I fix this?

Relevancy 64.93%

My problems continue with Win s faulty file associations subroutine Have a friend with a new Toshiba Core i on which listed .pps not type Solved: file he has MS Office Professional fully installed including PowerPoint Three weeks ago he complained that he could not open pps files attached to e-mails so he brought the computer to me I opened the file associations subroutine found pps in the list of extensions Solved: .pps file type not listed and ultimately tha ts another whole story got MS PowerPoint Solved: .pps file type not listed registered as the default program to Solved: .pps file type not listed open such files Today he claimed he got another e-mail with a pps attachment and could not open it so brought the computer to me again I don t know why he wasn t able to open it because I called up the e-mail clicked the pps attachment and it opened perfectly However I opened the Default Programs Set Associations list and scrolled down to see what the pps entry said was the current default To my amazement and utter puzzlement THERE IS NO PPS FILE TYPE IN THE LIST There is ppt ppa ppam ppsm ppsx ppt ppthtml pptm pptmhtml pptx pptxml but no pps How can a file type be missing from this list when the program that opens the files is installed on the HD nbsp

A:Solved: .pps file type not listed

Not sure exactly why it did that, but there could simply be corruption within PowerPoint. Perhaps a repair or reinstall of Office might do the trick?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pps-file-type-not-listed.1062445/
Relevancy 64.93%

I download Mp3 files to "My Documents" from Limewire and all of the icons in the folder are Real Player icons and under "File Type" column it says "Movie". Should be a Winamp icon and "File Type" mp3. Any help? Thanks, jberd99usa.

A:Solved: Wrong File Type

Open control panel/folders/file types and look at mp3 and associate it with WMP or
Winamp or whichever you prefer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wrong-file-type.714186/
Relevancy 64.93%

Ok basically due to someone screwing around instead of waiting for me I have a file type association issue The type of file is UMOD For those that don t know its a Solved: File Association Type help self-extracting installer for Solved: File Type Association help the Unreal series of games Unreal Unreal Tournament etc Now when they were screwing around I hadn t yet reinstalled my Unreal games so obviously they wouldnt self-extract So you all know what windows does with unrecognized file types They associated it with random things and now after I have installed the game they obviously don t work properly because Windows is trying to open them with other Solved: File Type Association help programs I even tried setting them to the games exe file and it didn t change anything but I didn t expect that to help Basically my question is how can I dis-associate the file type with all things rather resetting its association to nothing at all Would I have to manually edit parts of the registry If so where and how All help is appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: File Type Association help

Folder Options. Delete the file type.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-file-type-association-help.689138/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have XP SP3 and did install the fax component, and did connect the phone wires correct, and I connect with Comcast cable modem. But when I attempt to send a fax, only the cover sheet actually goes with no option to select a fax document. My printer is a multi-function Canon PIXMA MP 500, so I scan a document which is saved as a Omni page image file type, (.opd), but I think to send a fax the file type needs to be a .tif file, is that correct ? OmniPage OCR is the Canon scanner software, but that printer does not have built in fax function. In folder options file type associations it shows .tif files for that OmniPage, but will it let me change it to the fax service?

Relevancy 64.93%

I am attempting to compare cells for the same Text and if mismatch Type ? Solved: (Error 13) they are the same I take a certain action However I am getting Solved: Type mismatch (Error 13) ? a Type mismatch Error I read other posts regarding this error but none met my needs Columns T U and V are added as a result of a VLOOKUP then I use the Copy Paste special function to remove the formula This is a pretty simple bit of code but I don t Solved: Type mismatch (Error 13) ? understand why it is not working - I tested before adding to a larger code and it worked fine but not now Code Sub Repeat Solved: Type mismatch (Error 13) ? issues WorksheetFunction CountA Range quot m m quot ' lt --- SET NUMBER OF TIMES LOOP WILL RUN Range quot m quot Select For i To issues If ActiveCell Value quot PEST ACTIVITY quot And ActiveCell Offset quot PEST ACTIVITY quot Then Selection Offset Select ActiveCell Value quot Y quot 'place a quot Y quot in the Repetitive column Selection Offset - Select Else Selection Offset Select ' lt --- if quot Pest quot not found go directly to next record End If Next i Range quot m quot Select For i To issues If ActiveCell Value quot SANITATION ISSUES quot And ActiveCell Offset quot SANITATION ISSUES quot Then Selection Offset Select ActiveCell Value quot Y quot 'place a quot Y quot in the repetitive column Selection Offset - Select Else Selection Offset Select ' lt --- if quot Sanitation quot not found go directly to next record End If Next i Range quot m quot Select For i To issues If ActiveCell Value quot STRUCTURAL CONCERNS quot And ActiveCell Offset quot STRUCTURAL CONCERNS quot Then Selection Offset Select ActiveCell Value quot Y quot Selection Offset - Select Else Selection Offset Select ' lt --- if quot Structure quot not found go directly to next record End If Next i End Sub nbsp

A:Solved: Type mismatch (Error 13) ?

That's exactly waht it is, there are a number of cells containing #NA so that is a type missmatch.

You will have to include extra error checking in your macro.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-type-mismatch-error-13.1020503/
Relevancy 64.93%

I've followed instructions online here (for W2K) - (halfway down page):

http://www.declan-software.com/korean_ime/index.htm

so that I can type in Korean Hangul but it's not working. When I have Korean selected in the taskbar it still types in English. I have the Korean language pack installed.

For W2k I don't have to download Global IME. I have to go to Control Panel/Regional Options/Input Locales. Then I click 'Add..' and choose "Korean" from 'Input Locale' drop-down, and "Korean (Hangl)(MS-IME 98)" from 'Keyboard Layout/IME' and supposedly that's it. I then can switch between English and Hangul...but it's still just typing English.

I must be missing something. I noticed in Control Panel there is a Keyboard icon, but the instructions said nothing about inputting anything here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Christy

Relevancy 64.93%

Having originally posted this in the Win forum I was advised to file this open to do you type want of How [SOLVED] post here http www techsupportforum com foru ml post On start up after all icons etc are in place I get prompted [SOLVED] How do you want to open this type of file with the message quot How do you want to open this type of file quot with the usual list of possible applications underneath If I just click anywhere on the Desktop it disappears I have run sfc scannow times I have run DISM and it fixed a few corrupt files I have run cc cleaner on the registry I have run Malwarebytes with the latest updates and it is still there The only process in Start-up is Windows Host Process Rundll Somewhat bizarrely I get the same issue with a clean boot I decided to choose Notepad from the list of applications that appeared and received the following message quot Cannot find the C Program txt file quot Do you want to create a new file This I did and rebooted and received the following information quot You have to rename to it to C Program or Windows will not operate properly This I did with no apparent ill effects The computer operates as normal In the C folder I can see no files called Program hidden or otherwise Hoping someone can advise Thanks in advance

A:[SOLVED] How do you want to open this type of file

Having moved to this forum from win 8 forum under advise from mods and having now actually read the very clear instructions at the top of the page (!!) Please find attached a zipped copy of ark.txt

I was unable to run DDS in win 8.1 (compatibility mode issues)

A full account can be found in my first post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-how-do-you-want-to-open-this-type-of-file-846370.html
Relevancy 64.93%

this is what I have in my registry --
Favorites REG_SZ %USERPROFILE%\Favorites

this is what I need in my registry --
Favorites REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\Favorites
how do I change the "type"? the REG_SZ to REG_EXPAND_SZ

thanks,
JTN

A:Solved: edit registry type?

What specific key are you attempting to change?

And, why do you think it should be "REG_EXPAND_SZ"?

If, it is HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Then, delete the key called "Favorites".
Then, select "User Shell Folders" and in the right window, right mouse, new, Expandable String value
"New Key Value #1" will be highlighted. Overtype it with the word Favorites.
Then, select Favorites, right mouse, modify and change the Value data to %USERPROFILE%\Favorites

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-edit-registry-type.502234/
Relevancy 64.93%

Marking this solved, thanks for the help.

I want to upgrade my video card but I'm not sure if my motherboard supports it.

This is the video card I want to upgrade to:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130378

I looked around and found these choices for Primary Video Adapter in the BIOS, and PCI was already selected. This is what it looked like in the BIOS:

[x] PCI
[_] Onboard
[_] PCI-E

My question is since I have an option of selecting PCI-E, does that mean my computer is capable of being upgraded to the video card I linked above?

Extra Notes
Power supply: 500W
RAM: 3GB

Relevancy 64.93%

Cannot type a password or type in "run", to run the sfc. Today I renewed my subscription to MSN. After that I've not been able to get back on internet, because I cannot type in my password. I go to control panel and cannot open much in there. On my desktop when I left click, it opens in "properties". While at a Microsoft website today, it said I needed to upgrade "java script". I did, but it said with errors on the page. Did this mess up my computer? What do I need to do?

A:Solved: can't left click or type

I assume you've tried rebooting your machine? what Operating system are you running?

Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-left-click-or-type.1121047/
Relevancy 64.93%

I want to buy a second internal hard drive. The primary one says it is an ATA/IDE. Will this one work in my system, eMachine, T2798, XP Pro?
Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 400GB UDMA/100 7200RPM 8MB IDE Hard Drive - ST3400832A-NDW-R

Will XXclone make an exact copy of the existing drive that is bootable with all the system and program files on it?

Relevancy 64.93%

I am disabled & on a very tight budget. I need to download info & it tells me I need a Winzip type program. Anyone know of a comparable one that is free or shareware?Thanks in advance!
Steve

A:(Solved) WinZip type program

You can get Winzip 8 here: www.winzip.com You can download the free evaluation version which unless they changed it from version 7 should still run when it expires. If it won't run after it expires then post back and i'll email you version 7 which you won't have to pay for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-winzip-type-program.56052/
Relevancy 64.93%

I'm planning to buy the Asus A8N-SLI mobo, was wondering...

With AMD Chips, does the socket type always have to match the mobo?

For example.. with Intel boards you could have a northwood chip in a prescott ready mobo. Dont know whether the same applies with AMD

I managed to find a cheap socket 754 chip but the a8n-sli is made for 939

A:Solved: amd cpus + socket type

Sli or rather any PCI-express options are going to be with the 939. The 754 is more or less the budget 64 bit CPU and you don't get most of the WOW factors using the 754. If you PCIe you must go 939, but the performance is worth the extra cash. Or at least will be

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-amd-cpus-socket-type.386577/
Relevancy 64.93%

I installed Explorer 8 on Windows vista home premium why can't I type in chat in the pogo java games.

Relevancy 64.93%

Can't type in the Start Search box. Affter typing two letters it freezes up and when moving my cursor it goes under the menu. I hit enter a few times and I get a "Not Responding" message.

Also. I don't know if this is related but during this time I will occasionaly get a black desktop. I can return my dreamscene by going to personalize.

Just got through a problem that NeonFx fixed for me and he said my computer is not virus infected.

Appreciate anyone's help here-

A:Solved: Can't type in the Start Search box

Got a work around at least. Type into Word and do a c&p into the search box.

the black screen IS related to my problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-type-in-the-start-search-box.912586/