Windows Support Forum

My dell laptop Screen wont turn on

Q: My dell laptop Screen wont turn on

Dell Studio i nd Gen GB Gb Gb Graphic My laptop screen suddenly shows some small color boxes and goes black but laptop still on when I restart screen shows nothing but Hard disk CPU fan are running normally than I tried this Power off the computer Press and hold the quot Screen on laptop turn wont My dell D quot key on the keyboard and then My dell laptop Screen wont turn on press the power button and My dell laptop Screen wont turn on wait for the computer to start I just heard only loud beep sound continuously but screen remain black than I tried this Unplug the power cord -- gt Remove the battery -- gt Hold the power button for seconds -- gt Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop and It Worked and laptop start normally but after - minutes it happen again screen gone black it shows small color boxes and go black than I tried above method once again but this time It s not working Than I connect the laptop to the external monitor and start It shows nothing on it First sec monitor run like working mode green light then it goes to offline mode orange light It s like something is resist in laptop to startup I don t know what s happening Please help Mod note Please do not spam the boards with posts of the same problem One time in the appropriate forum is sufficient Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My dell laptop Screen wont turn on

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My dell laptop Screen wont turn on

Sounds like the graphics processor on your laptop is on the way out, if even an external monitor didn't work.

Does BIOS work? F12/DELETE when booting up to get in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-laptop-screen-wont-turn-on.199389/
Relevancy 80.41%

So I have had this problem several times with the same laptop. I will go to sleep and when I wake up the laptop won't turn on. I do the RAM reset thing, remove the memory cards, but nothing. I'll just leave it plugged in and usually after a couple of days the laptop will suddenly turn on. Well, it happened again yesterday. I woke up and the laptop once again will not turn on. Can't contact dell support because they are absoultely no help. Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

A:dell laptop wont turn on

Check for a tiny little switch below the screen lid. It's possible that it got stuck down. Also, check the bios battery. A dead or low bios/cmos battery voltage will cause all kinds of craziness. Remove power plug, remove laptop battery, press hold power switch. Plug in power only no battery see if it boots. It could be a worn out or broken power port on the laptop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605328/dell-laptop-wont-turn-on/
Relevancy 79.55%

was using my laptop the other night when in bed and had it on my quilt cover. all of a sudden the whole thing just turned off and when i tried to turn it back on again there was no power goin to it at all no lights nothing. so i took the battery out of it and tried and power lead and then put them back in and tried to turn it on again and nothing happened. it is a windows vista. also when i have the lead plug into the socket and not the laptop the blue light will come on the lead but when i go to plug it into the laptop the blue light turns off.. please any help is greatly appreciated

Relevancy 79.55%

I was installing windows on my laptop (latitude C840). I deleted the existing partition, created a new one and quick formatted. After formatting it turned off and now will not turn back on. None of the lights flash when pressing the power button, with or with out a/c.
If anyone could shed any light on the problem it would be much apreciated

A:Dell latitude laptop wont turn on

Hi

Sounds like somethings gone a bit iffy, here the manual for the laptop, make sure things like the memory havent worked loose etc etc.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-laptop-wont-turn-on.74559/
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a dell win 7 laptop that just beeps and will not turn on. I tried replacing the ram with good ram that did not work.
The beeping does not have a pattern it just keeps beeping if it is turned on. No bios screen comes up.

I am not sure what else to check for ..or if there is a way to fix this

thanks for any help

A:Dell laptop just beeps and wont turn on

Have you try to connect via AC with battery remove? Check if its working

When its all the sudden occur the issue? Seems it can be an hardware issue like broken power jack.

A common problem which causes that is a broken power jack - you can check for that by wiggling the power cord where it goes into the laptop - if it seems loose or you see the battery charge light intermittently, that's likely the problem. There are companies that specialize in that repair (it's that common) for a fairly reasonable fee or, if you are adept at soldering it can be a DIY thing
That isn't the only possibility but it's common enough for your symptoms that it should be checkedClick to expand...

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-1784163/laptop-turn-dell-inspiron-1545.html

https://malwaretips.com/threads/dell-laptop-just-beeps-and-wont-turn-on.41209/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have a Dell xps edition I have owned it for when screen on Dell 13 wont turn xps booting just over a year warranty has just ran out nbsp I was doing some light Internet browsing as I always Dell xps 13 screen wont turn on when booting do before bed and then shut the lid The next day when I Dell xps 13 screen wont turn on when booting opened the laptop the screen did not come on so I held the power button until it shut down and then tried to power on On came the power button but nothing happened on the screen except for nbsp slight flicker No Dell logo I searched online and found a comment saying hold D and press power on to check the monitor is okay Well this works perfectly bringing up a display of different colours However holding fn power key does nothing I have searched online and tried the removing battery trick however this has not solved the problem either I am quite angry about this - it looks like quite a few people have had this happen just after their warranty has run out and I am reluctant to pay to fix what blatantly appears to be a problem with Dell I have left the laptop on to completely run down the battery and will try again later but any help would be desperately appreciated

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985482
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a Dell inspiron 5150 laptop, I have a battery installed in it, also have the powercable plugged into the back and yet I have no power going to it. I've got the power light on at the recharger, so that appears to be working, but the laptop itself isn't recieving any of the juice. Any ideas?

A:dell inspiron 5150 laptop wont turn on

gwana said:

I have a Dell inspiron 5150 laptop, I have a battery installed in it, also have the powercable plugged into the back and yet I have no power going to it. I've got the power light on at the recharger, so that appears to be working, but the laptop itself isn't recieving any of the juice. Any ideas?Click to expand...
I had the same problem with a Latitude. Try taking the battery out and starting it. Could be that the battery is bad.
The other thing that could be wrong is the power cord. My Latitude has had a bad power cord even though the green light in that box in the cord stays lit.
Dell sent me a new one. Good luck

Stands

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-5150-laptop-wont-turn-on.261226/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hey there,

I have an Inspiron 11 3000 hybrid laptop. Yesterday it was freezing all night while I was watching a movie, and buy today morning the screen wouldnt turn on. I can hear the ventillation and the backup light is on, when I push the start button. I googled a bit, and someone suggested connecting the laptop to a TV via HDMI, and it actually works. So I can see the windows 10 start screen on my TV, and even the touchpad works -- it just fails to show up on the laptop screen. Any suggestions, Id like to avoid the service point.

Thank you in advance!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983924
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello,
After upgrading my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10, When I manually click on "Start-------> Shutdown " my power button light wont turn off, screen goes black but the bottom is still giving light, it only turn off men I press it 7 sec ore remove the battery. Can some one help me and solve my problem. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989452
Relevancy 75.68%

My laptop was fine until the other day when I booted it up and the screen looked like this:

I was able to at least get it to turn on for a second before it went to that screen and now today the screen wont turn on at all. The lights turn on and the cd player opens so I know the laptop is on. How can I figure out whats wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Its an HPpavilion

A:Laptop Screen wont turn on

Have you tried plugging the laptop in to an external monitor?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-wont-turn-on.943559/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,
I have an HP Omnibook 6000 (I've posted about it on this forum before) Well my HD died so I bought a new one, I installed it yesterdaybut now the screen wont turn on. It was working before I changed the HD. When I turn the computer on the lights above the keyboard dont turn on ( I know one of them indicate the screen) they turn on for a second and then off. The computer is running though I can hear it but nothing happens on the screen. HELP, does anyone know what I can do to get the screen working again?? I would really appreciate soem help, Im lost.

THANKS!!

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi Guys!
Please kindly help me regarding ACER Aspire V3-371-56cb. The screen wont turn on but the it is fully charged and the power button is on. I tried to press the power button for 10sec but it only turn of with a TICK sound. I really need the help now. Im using it to find a job. Thank you!

A:HELP MY LAPTOP SCREEN WONT TURN ON

If you can use an external monitor to connect to it, see if that produces anything. If the external monitor doesn't work then it is a video card problem. If the external monitor works, then the laptop's LCD screen is dead. Either way, you need repairs done to it. That's one of the reason I don't use laptops, everything is in one piece, when one thing fails, you have to send the whole thing to the repair shop, whereas with a desktop, you can swap parts yourself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-my-laptop-screen-wont-turn-on.1163802/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a compaq presario F558 (AMD Turion64 and a Nvidia graphics card)
When I turn it on everything seems to be working fine and all the lights work
but the screen doesn't turn on so I can't do anything at all.
I read around and tried removing the batter holding down the power button method but I dont think
it worked. I am trying to fix it for a friend so I dont think I can provide any more info since ive never used it.
Is there any way you guys can help without me taking it to a repair place and if you guys dont mind
I need this ASAP my friend needs it soon.

-Thank you

Relevancy 74.82%

sorry if this isn't in the right section seeing as how i don't really know if its a software or hardware problem but my aunt brought me her laptop and tells me to fix it. i turn it on and the lights on the keyboard come one and everything but the screen just stays completely black (it doesn't turn on) i tried plugging in only the charger to see if it was the battery but no, the screen just wont turn on so i cant even get into the bios or look at the POST. i don't THINK i hear anything spinning or anything, either that or it could just be really quiet. anyways i was wondering if theirs anything you could do to help? btw its an hp pavilion dv6000.

And as always your help is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 74.82%

hi new here and im trying to figure out a problem i had with my laptop. I turned it on and got the blue screen of death saying that windows encounter a problem and needs to shut down to protect the computer. That is a far as i got on reading it before it shut down, and now it wont even turn back on. the only thing that turns on is the power light and that is it. is there a way to fix it or is it just dead completely.I dont hear anything when i turn it on either is just the ights. im completely stumped and need a little help thanks

A:Blue screen on my laptop and now it wont turn on

what is the make and model of the laptop and have you made any hardware changes recently?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-on-my-laptop-and-now-it-wont-turn-on.151487/
Relevancy 74.82%

I havent had any problems till now with my laptop ACER ASPIRE 5510 untill now.
Last i remember is i was playing a game and it shut down all of a sudden.
So i pressed the on button and it booted up and i could hear the fan and hard drive all working fine but the screen stayed black, i have checked the screen to make sure it wasnt just dim and its not just not working?

Please Help!

Im starting to get annoyed :dead:

A:My Laptop Screen Wont Turn On But It Powers Up

Have you tried connecting an external monitor (how to is in your manual)?

It may well be a component failure like an inverter board since you 'crashed' when it first happened.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-screen-wont-turn-on-but-it-powers-up.111871/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi, does anyone know what the problem is? I took out the screen of my old laptop, and put a replacement screen in. The screen its self (Samsung) is exactly the same model as the old one, except the inverter board looks a bit different. The laptop turns on fine with no screen plugged in, but when when I plug the new screen in, the only thing that turns on is the power supply light. I tried removing the new screen and it turned on fine. It's only when the screen is plugged in when it doesn't turn on. Is it because it's the wrong inverter board? I still have the old one. Should I just switch the boards? Thanks for all the help.

A:Replaced Laptop Screen but Wont Turn On When Installed

**Update: I tried replacing the inverter board, but the connecter with 6 pins wont fit...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-laptop-screen-but-wont-turn-on-when-installed.192648/
Relevancy 74.39%

I got message saying your window about to expire while turning . The pop up keep coming, I left my laptop on for sometime and it got lock when I tried to turn back on it wont, only the fan noise and led is on. What could be the issue please help.

A:window expired on laptop screen wont turn on

"while turning" ?See if this helps:http://windowsreport.com/12007-your...Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/window-expired-on-laptop-screen-wont-turn-on/2168.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello,
I have a Dell Inspiron E1505, Windows Xp home edition
I got attacked by malware and virsus 2 days ago...and i had a fake antivirus program and stuff.
I killed the fake antivirus program using Malwarebytes Anti-malware and another malware removing program. I was going to use my AVG but, the components were not working.
The next day, the laptop would lock up randomly(usaly 5 min. into startup) and would make a beep sound.
I was installing Avast antivirus and i got a blue screen and it kept restarting my computer and would not let me in.
Now, I have a black screen right after startup and i cant do anything!
Please help me. Thank you

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi i am Writing on Behalf of a friend who is having trouble turning his dell pc on.

what it is yesterday he left his pc on as he went walking his dogs
and when he got back it was off. so he thought his mum must of shut it down

he went to turn it back on and the lights on the front which ususallly go green stayed orange.
he also said his fan seemed to be going really fast.

anyone know the reason for this..? so i can pass on the information.

thanks alot

A:Dell Pc Wont Turn on,

Hi tomo!

First things first - just to clarify, there is no display and the lights do not resolve to green? Can you tell us, are there any beeps when you turn the machine on from a powered-down state?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-pc-wont-turn-on-382623.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I have the same problem as the below post which went unanswered --any takers this time XPS WHL turn Dell wont on for me thanks Somebody has just asked me to look at their computer because it won t turn on It is a Dell XPS WHL desktop computer and is about or years old When you press the power button Dell XPS WHL wont turn on on the front nothing happens I have checked the power cable and also tried a spare that I know works and that Dell XPS WHL wont turn on is not the cause I have checked that all of the cables in the computer are secure and that there are no burn marks or breaks in cables When you first plug a computer in you normally hear the fans spin for a second or some noise but with this one there is nothing the only sound that I could get it to make was by plugging the power cable in to the mains and then connecting it to the computer and it makes the quot Pop quot sound Even the fans on the power unit don t make a noise or move The owner has had this problem once before where it would not turn on and they took it to somebody who plugged it in and there was nothing wrong I have heard of this before though and it is when the computer needs totally disconnecting for seconds and then everything is fine but now that does not work No lights on the front of the computer or on the Motherboard light up even for a second there are no beeps Does this sound like a problem with the motherboard or the power supply unit and how would I test each of them I had a look to see if it is possible to have a look at the power unit but it seems to be in its own compartment that I cannot see how you detach it from the tower I have got a volt meter which I can use to try and find a voltage but I am not brill when it comes to electronics but if somebody is able to give advice it would be great nbsp

A:Dell XPS WHL wont turn on

Try another power supply first, its easier and a more sure way to test/rule out the power supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-xps-whl-wont-turn-on.930989/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all Somebody has just asked me to look at their computer because it won t turn on It is a Dell XPS WHL desktop computer and is about XPS WHL on turn wont Dell or years old When Dell XPS WHL wont turn on you press the power button on the front nothing happens I have checked the power cable and also tried a spare that I know works and that is not the cause I have checked that all of the cables in the computer are secure and that there are no burn marks or breaks in cables When you first plug a computer in you normally hear the fans spin for a second or some noise but with this one there is nothing the only sound that I could get it to make was by plugging the power cable Dell XPS WHL wont turn on in to the mains and then connecting it to the computer and it makes the quot Pop quot sound Even the fans on the power unit don t make a noise or move The owner has had this problem once before where it would not turn on and they took it to somebody who plugged it in and there was nothing wrong I have heard of this before though and it is when the computer needs totally disconnecting for seconds and then everything is fine but now that Dell XPS WHL wont turn on does not work No lights on the front of the computer or on the Motherboard light up even for a second there are no beeps Does this sound like a problem with the motherboard or the power supply unit and how would I test each of them I had a look to see if it is possible to have a look at the power unit but it seems to be in its own compartment that I cannot see how you detach it from the tower I have got a volt meter which I can use to try and find a voltage but I am not brill when it comes to electronics but if somebody is able to give advice it would be great I don t have the computer will me so will have to go and see the owner to try any solutions you suggest Thank you for reading JPLamb nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-xps-whl-wont-turn-on.856345/
Relevancy 64.5%

So it all started a few weeks ago when I was completely convinced that I was having AC adapter battery issues When I went to plug in the charger into the back of my laptop it would just turn off or go into standby because the power light would stay green after this happened The only way I could use my laptop was to have enough battery for what I needed to do or already have it plugged in to the charger when I went to turn it on So this continued for a while the same problems Now for some reason when it s plugged in and the computer is moved a little bit it goes black again These were the reasons I figure it was my battery connections or the adapter CURRENTLY I cannot turn on my laptop at all I tried taking out the battery and leaving it out for a long time I tried turning it on w o the AC and with it with battery and without AND When I go to turn it on the power light comes on for about seconds then just turns off again with no sounds from fan or processor I read something about breaking the touchpad sensor but I m not the type to wont by turn E1705 on/off Dell itself? just unscrew the lid of my laptop ahhh Anyone have any ideas tbs-rox nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-e1705-wont-turn-on-off-by-itself.112753/
Relevancy 64.5%

I was wondering if anyone knew what was going on with this. I hit the power button and it starts to light up like its going to turn on but then it doesn't. I am wondering if anyone knew what was wrong with it. I am debating on taking it to get looked at to see if its even worth fixing. I think it has something to do with the motherboard. Not really sure though. Any suggestions?

A:Dell 8600 Wont Turn on

Please DO NOT double post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-8600-wont-turn-on-267243.html
Relevancy 64.5%

After taking out memory my laptop wont turn on it just has the caps and number lock button flashing for a while and nothing ever shows on the screen after a while it turns off. I tried the display test and the screen flashes different colors. How can I get the laptop to turn on?

A:Dell inspiron1521 wont turn on

Unplug the system, remove the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.   Return the system to the original memory configuration.  If it'll power up, you're set.
If not, did you remove the memory with the system plugged in and/or with the battery connected?  If you did, you may well have fried the mainboard.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993512
Relevancy 64.5%

Woke up, tried turning on my dell computer. Everything was going alright until the Windows Xp loading screen. it loaded, then the screen just went black. I tried reseting it a few times now it freezes on the opening Dell screen when i turn on the computer. I was unable to get to the log on page which was at first annoying, but now its more annoying that i cannot get into my computer setup or boot options through the opening dell screen. Any suggestions?

A:Dell Computer wont turn on

Please try this in Safe Mode:

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer

Open My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
Click Properties, and then click Tools.
Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed
Use one of the following procedures:

? To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
? To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start. (^^tick)

? To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:

The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?Click to expand...

Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Wait until Chkdsk finishes Checking / Repairing any faults
Windows will then either restart your computer or continue loading Normally.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-computer-wont-turn-on.113628/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a Dell Optiplex SX270 Desktop that has always ran windows XP and it has ran acceptable. I shut it off Friday at the end of business and went to turn it on Monday and it will not turn on. I assumed it could be the PSU so I swapped it out with another adapter from a similar computer and it still doesn't work. The light on the mother board will turn on but the fans will not. Dell's support site said to take out the hard drive and the ram but this didn't have any effect. They said that after the ram is taken out and you try to power it up again the system should emit a beep code, but this did not happen. Does anyone else have any suggestions for me to try?

A:Dell Optiplex SX270 wont turn on

Unless you have a power supply tester, and a spare known good power supply, the best thing to do is to take the tower to a shop and have the power supply tested. If the power supply tests "bad" then they could jump a known good power supply to the motherboard and see if the board is good.

I do these tests in my shop quite often. It takes about 20 minutes and the cost should be minimal, perhaps $25-$30.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-optiplex-sx270-wont-turn-on.866482/
Relevancy 64.07%

hi my e wont turn on when i press the power button no light no sound nothing Preceding this was an accident where orange juice was spilled on the bed where the e was sitting but Inspiron on wont turn Dell e1505 i think it only crept in where the cpu radiator vents are so i opened it up thoroughly cleaned Dell Inspiron e1505 wont turn on everything on the top and bottom of the mobo with rubbing alc and put it all back together and pushed power and no go although its sounds like a mobo issue i have a sneaking suspicion its the tiny little board that holds the actual power button because in the past before the orange juice i would have this problem where it wouldn t do anything and that was eventually solved by pushing really really hard down on the power button so i feel like it could be that the little power board s connections are weak or the power board itself is fried any thoughts nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron e1505 wont turn on

The power board or motherboard could be damaged or shorted by the orange juice or by static electricity... when you disassembled the laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-e1505-wont-turn-on.134143/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 running Vista that will not boot up. When I turn the computer on the fan runs but the screen stays black and nothing turns on. The battery light blinks amber, and the wifi catcher light blinks yellow then blue. I thought it was the DC power jack/USB board, so I bought and replaced it, but that didn't do anything. It still does the same thing. I couldn't find any diagnostic for the blinking lights (the keyboard lights do not light up). I tried re-seating the RAM and anything else I could think of, but nothing works. Does this mean my motherboard is fried? How can I tell if it is that, or something else? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

A:Dell Inspiron 1525 wont turn on

Hi this is from the manual

Solving Problems
Power Problems
If the power light is off — The computer is
either turned off or is not receiving power.
• Reseat the power cable into both the
power connector on the computer and the
electrical outlet.
• If the computer is plugged into a power strip,
ensure that the power strip is plugged into
an electrical outlet and that the power strip
is turned on. Also temporarily bypass power
protection devices, power strips, and power
extension cables to verify that the computer
turns on properly.
• Ensure that the electrical outlet is working
by testing it with another device, such as a
lamp.
• Check the AC adapter cable connections. If
the AC adapter has a light, ensure that the
light on the AC adapter is on.
If the power light is solid white and the
computer is not responding — The display may
not be connected or powered on. Ensure that
the display is properly connected and then turn
it off then back on.
If the power light is blinking white — The
computer is in standby mode. Press a key on the
keyboard, move the pointer on the trackpad or a
connected mouse, or press the power button to
resume normal operation.
If the power light is solid amber — The
computer has a power problem or an internal
device malfunction. For assistance contact Dell,
see “Contacting Dell” on page 50.
If the power light is blinking amber — The
computer is receiving electrical power, but a
device might be malfunctioning or incorrectly
installed. You may have to remove and then
reinstall the memory modules (for information on
removing and replacing memory modules, see
the Service Manual on the Dell Support website
at support.dell.com).
section 2 page 28 here http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...Y465HA01MR.pdf

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-inspiron-1525-wont-turn-on-685520.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I plug in the power chord and try to swithch on the laptop.
3 light's on the laptop turn on for 3 seconds and then nothing .Nothing comes on the console is all black.
I have tried switching on without battery, without ram and nothing _> same light on the laptop comes on for 3-04 seconds and nothing after that.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks All

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-6000-wont-turn-on.102470/
Relevancy 64.07%

i had this computer for a few years now but
i only used it for about a year then i messed up the os..
eventually i go to ficxing it late last year but it only worked for a few days
then it never turned on again...
its not the battery because
i plug in the charger and no charging light comes on the computer
but the light on the charger is on
help? what could it be?

A:dell inspiron 1501 wont turn on?!!

It could be a loose power jack on the laptop. If you move the power connection around while plugged it, can you see the battery charging light come on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-1501-wont-turn-on.911619/
Relevancy 64.07%

i have Dell Latitude E6320 and since today everything worked perfectly.
now if i try to turn wifi on, it switches imediately off. 
I updated the drivers, and tried to pres Fn+F2. it doesnt work
is there another key combination for E6320? Because the wifi led isn't on .

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996541
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a n7110 17r, i got it used so there is no warranty on it. I got it around February of this year. Then one day around May the screen stopped working but the fan and everything else worked still. I decided to take it apart to see if the cable to the screen was on correctly but then when I put it back together nothing started working and there are no lights except for the Windows mobility center button (the one with 2 gears on it). It lights up as soon as i plug in the charger in the laptop with no battery or if the battery has some charge and I push the power button. Is there a way to fix this or is this laptop dead?

A:Dell Inspiron n7110 17r wont turn on

Hi VINDOG25,
Download the service manual here - http://dell.to/2c6rRgA - remove the memory modules, disconnect the HDD / ODD and power on the system and check the exact # of beeps in a cycle. This will help diagnose the source of the issue.
Press and hold the fn key + power button - it should initiate diagnostics and if there is an error, count the exact # of beeps in a cycle and it will help isolate the source of the issue.
Connect an external monitor and check if the display works fine.
If nothing goes, I would primarily suspect the motherboard.
As there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ
Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990032
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a dell inspiron 6000 adapter light went off, wife saiid dogs jerked it out running thru the house. got new adapter, adapter lights up, pc does nothing when power button pushed, no lights nothing. The battery has not held charge for some time. But it worked before with the same battery, so I am confused. I tore it apart after reading about magnet sensor problem, and that was a msitake as my pc does not seem to even have that same part as mentioned in the post. Any suggestions are appreciated for this newbie. I will be getting a new pc for self, but would like to keep this one for the kids.

A:Dell Inspiron 6000 wont turn on / power up

When the dogs jerked out the AC adapter, this probably broke the DC jack from the motherboard. This can be repaired, but you "tore it apart", maybe causing more damage

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-6000-wont-turn-on-power-up.134135/
Relevancy 63.21%

My computer wont turn on. Please put into simplest form you can.

A:[SOLVED] Dell Diminsion 9100 wont turn on.

Hi,

we could use more information than just wont turn on. Do you have another power supply to test with? if not see if someone you know has one you can use to test with.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-dell-diminsion-9100-wont-turn-on-631605.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Dell Inspiron R suddenly wouldn t want (continuous beeping) wont Inspiron 15R on turn Dell to start When boot up nothing seem to appear blank screen no logo no text nothing there is a continuous beeping it not beep or beep or any number of beep it just beep continuously never ending until I turn off the laptop nbsp Did some searching around on the web forum and so far I attempted -Checked ram and hard-drive to see if it fully connect -Turn off computer unplug battery and ac power press the power button for sec still haven t resolve the problem yet Next I try to do a Pre-boot System Assessment FN Power Took SEVERAL attempt Dell Inspiron 15R wont turn on (continuous beeping) to finally got it to run Pre-boot System Assessment Hold FN Power hear beeping turn it off Hold FN Power hear beeping turn it off Did that for about times and finally got Pre-boot System Assessment instead of the beeping nbsp postimg org zcsy This is the result I got from it Currently doing the remaining memory test It taking a long time ill have an update once that is done it stuck on nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 15R wont turn on (continuous beeping)

This paper discusses troubleshooting steps for notebooks that are not turning on.  Typically it could be one of three issues,  No power (no power to the notebook), No post (the system has power but is not fully turning on), or No boot (the system has power, it is turning on, but it is not booting to the Operating system).
From your post it is obvious that the notebook has power,  but it isn't fully turning on.  I would have to say that this is a No post problem. This paper will go over further troubleshooting steps to help determine the problem.
If the notebook is not starting up or showing a blank screen:

Remove any peripheral devices that are attached to the computer. Peripherals include:

Printers
Scanners
Media Card Readers
Mobile devices such as smart phones or tablets or portable digital assistants or MP3 players
Digital cameras or video recorders
USB storage devices
Remove the computer from a docking station if it is in one
Remove any CDs or DVDs in the optical drive
Remove the AC adapter from the computer and remove the AC power cord from the wall outlet.
Remove the computer's battery. For instructions on how to do this, consult the Online Owner's Manual.
Press and hold the computer power button for 15 seconds.
Insert the AC adapter plug and make sure it is seated properly.
Plug in the AC power cord to a known good working outlet.
Press the power button to see if the computer turns on.
If the computer starts, turn it off and put the battery back in.
Press the power button to see if the computer turns on.
If the computer starts, turn it off and continue replacing peripheral components until you determinewhich one is causing the failure.
Please let me know if this helps out.

TB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19629645
Relevancy 62.78%

Yesterday i was trying to install windows on to my dell vostro 5470 but later i want to make some changes so i exited the installer since then my laptop wont boot up not even power led blink
When I tried to press power on only battery led blinks once no other indications even i have connected the supply
Please help what to do futher?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19974408
Relevancy 62.78%

My laptop started showing signs of trouble last year. At first, it would go blue screen while I was using. I neglected that. Then, It started turning off if shaken. Now it turned of after I picked it up, and it's been dead nomather what I do.
I tried unplugging everything, including power supply, discharged flea power, but nothing happened...
When I press the on button, the LED light up as they should. The screen remains dead. After about 10 seconds, the battery LED and the CD LED start pulsing on and off (around 1Hz). The fan also follows the LEDs, accelerating and decelerating... No beep is heard.
What could it be? How can I test it?
Warranty is long gone.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982466
Relevancy 62.35%

whenever i switch on my dell studio 1737 laptop it wont go past the dell logo stage.
any help out there on how to fix the problem?
at the moment i am running a diagnostics test and seems like most devices are passing the test.
Michael

A:dell studio 1737 laptop wont boot past dell logo

It could be any number of things but my first 2 guesses are possibly the hard drive or motherboard.you might want to take it somewhere so that you will get a correct diagnosis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-1737-laptop-wont-boot-past-dell-logo.1107624/
Relevancy 61.92%

2 days ago my Dell started to mess up. It's only a couple years old, but it won't turn on. I put it on standby a couple days ago, and when I woke the next morning, all it does is flash orange (or amber) rather the turn green and power up. I tried messing with the insides and sercuring cables, but I don't even hear the fan blowing, so I have no idea whats wrong.

It would be great if you could help. i'm desperate here.

A:Help Dell wont turn on after putting it on standby all it does is flash orange/amber

sorry, i'm so used to posting here i accidentally posted this in the wrong section. i posted this in the appropriate section 'other hardware'

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-dell-wont-turn-on-after-putting-it-on-standby-all-it-does-is-flash-orange-amber-227125.html
Relevancy 61.92%

This computer was just continually rebooting itself so I was preparing to try to get into safe mode or something. Now however, it just boots to a Dell screen and stayst there with the blue globe with the word Dell on top of it and www. dell.com on the bottom of the screen. I removed power from the machine for a few minutes, and tried booting again to the same situation. Has been running now for 15 minutes with no change, just the dell screen. All advice welcome!

Relevancy 61.92%

Dell N W wont start Dell logo gt black screen How to restore Hello friends Please could you advise me My friend has asked me to help with her Dell N Inspiron laptop She has had it for about just over a year now Dual-core Pentium GB RAM W bit She is not computer savvy and I dont know how shes managed to do this but heres the problem You press the power button The Dell logo appears along with the F amp F options for Setup amp Boot Options This is followed by a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left Thats it All this happens in the space of seconds power-up to black screen Nothing else happens no Windows logo screen start. N5030:W7 logo black Dell reset Dell wont how? screen. + Factory no Microsoft logo nothing Screen stays black with the cursor and the laptop instantly turns off when I press the power button My friend was desperate because she had over family photos and some important documents she didnt want to lose I was able to recover all of those using a Linux Mint live CD so at least shes all smiles for that Using Mint made me realize that the hardware was working perfectly The hard drive was good no mem faults and of course the optical drive was fine Dell N5030:W7 wont start. Dell logo + black screen. Factory reset how? So its something with Windows Also while using Mint I could clearly see the Dell Recovery Partition The problem is I dont know how to get the Inspiron to fire it up - because I cannot even get into Safe Mode where the quot Repair Dell N5030:W7 wont start. Dell logo + black screen. Factory reset how? your computer quot option is When I pressed F all that comes up is an option to tweak the boot order and a diagnostics option I ran the latter and it found no hardware faults at all I wasnt surprised I tried the usual tricks for trying to get it to begin the factory reset Stuff like CTRL F hold F down and then press power button keep pressed and then press power button All of these do the same thing - they just start the Diagnostic Tests My friend says Dell did not provide a Restore DVD because they told her quot it was all on the hard drive quot But they assumed that the user would be able to get to the Advanced Boot Options screen - which is not happening Pressing F results in the Insipiron once again running its diagnostics Safe Mode is not working How do I get this laptop to begin the factory reset Thanks very much for any help you can give

A:Dell N5030:W7 wont start. Dell logo + black screen. Factory reset how?

Dell states that the Factory Restore option should be visible on the F8 screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/216121-dell-n5030-w7-wont-start-dell-logo-black-screen-factory-reset-how.html
Relevancy 61.06%

When I turn on my laptop The Progressbar When windows loads onnly does up one then the blue error screen blinks and the laptop restarts
I Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Dell Inspiron 3543 and it will not turn on! It beeps when I try, in 3s, over and over. I have tried taking the battery out and unplugging it and pressing the power button for 10, 20, 30 seconds, I have tried pressing it 10, 20, 30 times. I tried pressing F2 and F10 and F12....Tried everything forums have told me and still it is not working. I don't know what else I can do. My warranty ran out in July 2016 and I can not afford the computer repair places. I do a lot of work on my computer!! Please someone help me! 

A:Laptop wont turn on.

How many beeps between pauses?
If it's three beeps, pause, three beeps repeating, it's a bad mainboard.  Which board you need depends on which CPU you have - the CPU is a permanent part of the mainboard.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989462
Relevancy 61.06%

My laptop will not turn on. Its a hp 2000 with windows 8.
The white charger light flashes when charger is in, but nothing happend when I hit the power button. No fan, no sound....nothing. If I take battery out and plug in charger, its a solid white light...but same thing...no power, no fan...nothing. Is it likely its toast?

Relevancy 61.06%
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I'm new to all this and not sure if I'm posting this in the right place.

When I turn on my laptop the power button comes on for about 30secs and then it goes off nothing happens on the monitor any ideas how to fix this???

Thanks

A:laptop wont turn on

Did anything peculiar happen the last time you shut it down? Has the computer been exposed to high humidity or general moisture? Most likely this is an issue with the power supply, as a quick fix you might try booting without the battery, or visa versa without the charger.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-turn-on.1072385/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I have a friends laptop that wont turn on He believed he had some infections due to a white line down the side of his screen while gaming on the desktop and he laptop turn wont on even said during boot He used malwarebytes to clean his computer It found probably close to items that weren t selected to to be removed but he selected them all and removed them He restarted his laptop to find that it was trying to do some sort of repair function some sort of operation that froze during its process so he rebooted He said it he had options to select a function but ignored it and just had to start normally He got to his login screen were he couldnt use the middle row of keys he first pw letter is f and all the keys on that line had no effect At this point I believe he kind of shrugged it off and left is laptop off overnight to find it wouldnt turn on in the morning I have googled some solutions and what we tried was to remove the battery and ac cord and hold down the power button for laptop wont turn on secs Plug in ac cord and turn on which it didnt After trying that process over and over it would turn on laptop wont turn on load to his login again were he couldnt use his letters on the f row of keys I tried to have him boot into safe mode but he was saying laptop wont turn on that when he turns his laptop on that its displays Toshiba goes to screen where you can load bios then after that starts to create the windows logo I think its missing a post screen but im not sure He was unable to boot into safe mode I met him at work and I have tried again to turn is laptop on but I have not been able to do so I have tried with no hdd dvd and ram Wont turn on One thing I find strange is that when there is no battery no ac cord held down power button and plug in power cord that the led indicator light comes on then goes off Its been plugged in all night and there is no led light displayed From what ive been reading this may be a sign of failed hardware or components but I guess I just dont believe it is cause of how he cleaned all those files that malwarebytes had not selected then soon after his laptop seems to be dead I am trying to help him out because he is on a tight budget and wont be able to bring it to a repair shop Im hoping to try and get some possible solutions here so he can regain control of his computer I have been trying to google to find a few answers but I have been unable to get those clear I am wondering if say those files he cleaned were crucial to the integrity of his windows would that prevent it from powering on I have read about usb bootable drives but im unclear as to if its possible to use that method to try and help the laptop turn on Also was just wondering that maybe a new hd and os would solve it Im also not sure why it is that I read to take out the hd ram and dvd to see if it would turn on but it didnt what does that mean Sorry if this is a bit long but I tried to provide as much detail as possible Any advice is greatly appreciated Thank you

To get into 'Safe Mode', tap the F8 key several times once you see the BIOS screen, but have a look at this tutorial which covers the subject in some depth :

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

Before you do anything else, if you can get into Safe Mode, use Windows Explorer to back up any data your friend may have on the computer, to a memory stick will do fine. If you are getting as far as the log-in screen you should be able to boot into Safe Mode as this happens before you get that far. I can see no reason for you to touch the hard drive, RAM or DVD drive, at least in the sense I think you mean of removing them.

From Safe Mode, try restoring the computer to an earlier configuration using a restore point. If that doesn't work, he may be faced with an operating system re-install, but come back before you go that far and see if you can get more expert help.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467083/laptop-wont-turn-on/
Relevancy 61.06%

i have an acer aspire 7736z-4088. I bought it brand new in feb of this yr and it worked fine until one day i went to use it and i got it on and then all of a sudden it shut off and will not come back on. I tried unplugging it from charger, taking battery off and plugging laptop straight to charger with no battery, holding down the power button for however long it says too, bought a new charger and battery. It will not even light up to show that charger is attached. No lights come on at all. Can anyone help?

A:Laptop wont turn on

Sounds like an internal problem with the power input circuitry on the board. My top suspect would be the power jack that's mounted on the motherboard, they're very fragile and frequently get broken. I've personally replaced several of them.

Be very careful trying to power this up if the jack is suspect. If you wiggle it around and get a short, really bad things can happen. Here's an example, this was a Compaq laptop that was brought to me to fix, but I was a little late after the flames.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-turn-on.949868/
Relevancy 61.06%

hi, i brought my laptop last december. i only uses it for school projects and related stuff. not gaming. Only recently, my laptop wont turn on even if i plugging the power socket in. it wont show any life. please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-Laptop-wont-turn-on/td-p/5608822
Relevancy 61.06%

My laptop wont turn on. I have tried removing the battery and it still wont turn on. What do i do? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-laptop-wont-turn-on/td-p/5597257
Relevancy 61.06%

when i press the power button it wont do anything i have held the power button and etc with the battery not in and the charger unpluged but it still wont come on please help me   

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991057
Relevancy 61.06%

when i press the power button the light turns green and it stays on like that for about 5 seconds before it turns back off....afterwards the battery light turns on as if signaling to where the problem is but it lights on green and turns off again

A:My laptop wont turn on

Sounds like a motherboard fault, what make/model is it & how old is it?

Does anything else come on - anything on the screen, or the screen backlight? Any fans? Can you hear the hard drive or CD drive spinning? Can you hear any startup beeps or sound from the speakers?

Do you get the same lights if you remove the battery, plug in the power cord and try to start it up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-wont-turn-on.1075734/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I have a Nec Versa L1100, and it wont turn on. It runs windows Xp.
Was working fine a few hrs ago and i charged up the battery, when i went to turn it on it seems like the power switch is had it. The blue light for the battery iw working but that seems to be the only thing that is. Any help would be appreciated, Thankyou.

Hello,
Have you tried to power it "ON" without the battery on it? Take the battery off, give it a try and tell what happens.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-wont-turn-on-484295.html
Relevancy 61.06%

After i woke up this morning i just tried my laptop to boot and it wont turn on. I already tried the press the power button one minute and my laptop just got statics with im touching it . HELP

A:My laptop wont turn on.

According to me the best solution will be to take it to an HP Authorised Service Center as it seems to be a serious hardware issue. Please don't try any repairs yourself as you told the laptop is giving statics.  Happy to [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-laptop-wont-turn-on/td-p/5806266
Relevancy 61.06%

my toshiba satellite has just randomlty stopped working. the laptop wont turn on at all. the charger is working fine because the lights are on for the battery and charging. (i think it is charging not sure) the screen doesnt even turn on and the fan doesnt spin when i press the power button. nothing works... what should i do please help! :'(

A:Laptop wont turn on at all! help please

I don't see how this could be a Windows 7 problem so I moved your thread.

Have you tried with just the battery? With only the AC? Removed and reinserted the battery a few times in case the contacts are corrupted?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-turn-on-at-all-help-please.1006536/
Relevancy 61.06%

My acer laptop will not turn on or do anything, but when the power cable is plugged in the light shows the battery is full.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-turn-on.1011548/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi had my pavilion for around a year maybe two, the problem is that it just wont switch on, i've tried taking the AC adapter and battery out and holding the start button for 10,20,30 and 60 seconds to no avail.i've brought a new charger and still nothing happens even though the charging light comes on when plugging ac adapter in and replacing the battery,Please can you tell me what i'm doing wrong' i'm a my wits end, Thanks  Jay

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-wont-turn-on-please-help/td-p/5680013
Relevancy 61.06%

My friend is having trouble with her inspiron 4000. It won't turn on at all. I told her it was probably the power supply. She then asked what to do next. I've never had experiences with laptops so where can I purchase a power supply for a laptop. Also, could it be a different problem?

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,i hadnt charged my inspiron 15 5558 laptop for a while and now when i tried charging it the ac power cord glows properly but the led indicator on the laptop doesnt glow at all and if i try to press power button it just doesnt respond at all plz help

Try the following:
1) Unplug the charger from the laptop
2) Remove or disconnect the battery
3) Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds
4) Reinstall or reconnect the battery
5) Try powering on
6) Plug the charger back in to the laptop
7) If step 5 didn't work, try powering on again

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995508
Relevancy 61.06%

my laptop won,t turn on i have tried to press the powerbutton for 1 munite sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn,t but honestly always it doesn,t work but i am sure that the hardware is working 100% good everything is working but i am Doubt that it amy be the poer button but the main question is may windows 10 cause these problem PLEASE ANSWERPLEASE ANSWER 

A:Laptop Wont Turn on

Dear Customer, It looks like you are not able to Power ON the Notebook and wanting to fix the issue Please perform below shown steps to find out if this is a Software or Hardware Issue:Remove all Peripherals and Cables, Disconnect them and try to Power ON the UnitCheck for LED Light Status and ensure Power Button spring action is normalSwap with a known good Power Cord and Power AdapterIncase no Adapter is available, Check if the Power Adapter is slightly warmNote: This will give us a hint that the Power Adapter might be fineDo you know if the Notebook was in Battery or Power Adapter Mode when you used it for the last timeNote: Ensure there is no liquid spillage or Power OutageCheck if the AC Adapter Port is loose/brokenNote: If the Notebook doesn't Power ON even with a known good Power Adapter this confirms the Hardware fault with System Board or the DC Power CircuitHope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on left to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,TechToday

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-Wont-Turn-on/td-p/5682544
Relevancy 61.06%

I tried that hold 1 min after removing battery..but eventhough my laptop doesnot turn on..when i press on button just flash light blinks

Relevancy 61.06%

Hello i ahve a Compaq laptop When i turn it on it starts but the screen stays black. It turns off and tries to start again. I brought it to someone and they say it is the motherboard. Should i repair it i bought the computer for 400. How can i get my files off the laptop if it doesnt start

A:My Laptop wont turn on

It may be the lcd screen inverter. I wouldnt try repairing it your self if you've never tried before. you can buy one off ebay according the the model number of your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-wont-turn-on.820488/
Relevancy 61.06%

Ive had my laptop for about six months now and it suddenly stopped working. i shut it down this morning before class and when i tried to turn it on to take notes, nothing happened. no battery low sign or anything. i have it plugged in now, but still no results. i knopw that the a/c plug is working because the indicator light where i plug the adaptor in is on. Im running windows vista and my computer is a Compaq Presario CQ60. HELP PLEASE i have valuble notes music movies and songs im writing that i need for my final grade.

A:mY Laptop wont turn on

Hi, disconnect the laptop from the mains, then remove the laptop battery, with the battery out reconnect to the mains, try now, if it works then disconnect the mains add the battery and reconnect with the mains .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-wont-turn-on-476870.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I am helping a friend with her notebook which started acting up. It is a Pavilion Touchscreen 15-b150 - running windows 8. As a was updating the firmware drivers through HP Support, the computer shut down and now won't boot up again. I looked at the videos for checking connections inside, but most of them seemed to have a panel I don't have. I tried the hard reset. that didnt help. any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-wont-turn-on/td-p/5836278
Relevancy 61.06%

My laptop wont turn on properly. It goes to a windows error recovery page which then gives me the option to,
Launch startup repair (recommended) or
Start windows normally.

Which ever option i click on it starts to load then just freezes.

How can i fix it? Help please!

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi

Iv'e got a real strange problem with my lappy.
It is a Dell Inspiron 6000.
The problem is I can turn it on with battery plugged in no problem. I can turn it on with just the power cable plugged in and no battery with ease. But when I try to turn it on with the power cable AND the battery plugged in it shows all the lights and then just stalls. It is still on but doesn't get anywhere.

Can anyone help?

I guess it's because it can't handle 2 power sources at once. Just use one of them at a time. Why would you need both at once anyway?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-turn-on.862652/
Relevancy 61.06%

Okay, so my laptop, a Compaq Presario V6210US, wont run on. I push the power button, the led lights light up for about a second then they go off and it dies, please help. The power supply is plugged in, ive tryed it pluged in and not and with the battery in and out.

A:Laptop Wont turn on

There are a lot of possibilities. So it can be difficult (and easy!)

Lets do the real simple stuff.

Reseat the ram card(s) and blow out any dust
Reseat the HardDrive (make sure to make a secure connection)

Pull out the main (big) battery,; remove the power adaptor. Hold down ON for 30secs (dispersing all internal power)
Re-insert the power adaptor
Turn On

Now it gets a bit harder!
Remove all power again
Begin to pull it apart (the dissamble guide should be on the net somewhere)
Remove all internal dust
Reconnect all internal connections
Turn on again

Lastly (still with it apart)
Reseat the CPU
http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions.htm

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on.109751/
Relevancy 61.06%

HELP PLEASE MY LAPTOP WONT TURN ON! I TRIED TO REMOVE THE BATTERY,DISCONNECT THE ADAPTER AND HOLD THE BUTTON AT LEAST 30 SECOND TO 2 MIN!!! BUT AFTER I DID THAT MY LAPTOP STILL WONT TURN ON! HELP PLSsorry for caps lock

A:HELP MY HP LAPTOP WONT TURN ON AFTER I TRIED SOME WAY TO FIX...

Hi @Makoro, Thank you for your inquiry.Please remember when posting to include your exact model of HP notebook and your operating system to help us to help you. I understand you tried removing the battery, disconnecting from power and held the power button down for up to two minutes.  When you state your notebook will not turn on, is it not getting power or do you see a blank/black screen on startup? Do you see any flashing lights or hear any beeps?   Are you connecting directly to an electrical outlet or using a power/surge bar? Have you tried a different outlet? Here are links to documentation that may help:HP Notebook PCs - Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues,( Be sure to remove any peripheral devices, such as USBs, memory cards, printers or additional displays)  HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Using the AC Power Adapter and HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge. Please let me know the outcome. Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the ?Thumbs Up? below!    If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HELP-MY-HP-LAPTOP-WONT-TURN-ON-AFTER-I-TRIED-SOME-WAY-TO-FIX/td-p/5603492
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a HP DV 6700 Laptop, The power supply is usually connected to the laptop 24/7. Last night I accessed it and this morning when I tried to fire it up. It won't turn on. I removed the battery and tried to connect directly to the power chord but to no avail.

The fan doesn't fire up. It's only a year old machine , any help is appreciated.

A:HP Laptop wont turn on

read the laptop won't power guide in the guides forum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-wont-turn-on.127137/
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm writing from my phone as my laptop is unusable at the moment so sorry if its a wrong place, there is a similar topic alreaady and for any mistakes. My laptop is packard bell easy note tj65 with windows 7 home edition.

I turn the thing on and have 2 options. One to start windows normally (which when selected reloads back to that menu) and one to fix windows. I try this one, it flashes blue for split second, goes black says ' windows is loading files' and goes black again. It then shows the blue welcome screen + mouse and stays this way.. For now at least. Trying to turn laptop off and on p produced the same results. How can I help it?

Hello and welcome Serii mate try going into safe mode (power on and tap F8) and run these

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < DO NOT run on a SSD

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/312718-laptop-wont-turn.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Laptop wont turn on after I had closed the laptop as it should be (cause someone else closed it wrong and it had like a bump in the middle) It makes 4 or 5 beeps and turns off.

Any idea what I can do.

What is the manufacture and model of the laptop?
Can you give more detail to your statement " someone else closed it wrong and it had like a bump in the middle"?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/256716/laptop-wont-turn-on/
Relevancy 61.06%

I was on my laptop for a while left and then when i came back it wouldnt turn on even when its plugged in. Its a compaq presario 3000

Hi

A very vague post, first is it under warrantly if so take it back to where you bought it from.

If your able test the power supply with a test meter and see if there is any voltage coming out of it.

Post back and let us know.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on.108076/
Relevancy 61.06%

pls my laptop was turning on recently, i even used it yesterday before sleeping it during the night. this morning when i powered it, its came on then all of a sudden the laptop went off and refuse to  turned on is then. the charging light is coming on when i plug the charger. pls help me i dont kniw what wrong with it

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-laptop-wont-turn-on/td-p/5719462
Relevancy 61.06%

I have an Advent laptop, im not sure what type =P, its fairly new, I just got it in May, and it's been in repairs for two weeks. I sent it in because it wouldn't turn back on after I turned it off, and after waiting two excrutiating weeks it will not turn back on still! Help me pleaseeee!

read: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic53864.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on.88325/
Relevancy 61.06%

Laptop:
Asus Vivobook S550CM
8GB Ram

everytime i press the power button, it just lights up then turns off.
please help.
I recently used ASUS Backtracker to fix my other issues.

A:My laptop is currently off and wont turn on

Try removing the battery for 5 minutes then put it back in and try again. If still no connect the power supply in case the battery is dead.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53167-my-laptop-currently-off-wont-turn.html
Relevancy 61.06%

a few days ago when turning on computer the display just showed lines then I would reboot and the start up window would appear and I would be fine. today it wont even come on, not sure if its the video display or if the power supply died.

I know its an older computer but as usual I have important files on there

any suggestions

averatec 5500 laptop

thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-wont-turn-on-475398.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My hp pavillion x2 detachable will not turn on when I press the power button, what do I do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-wont-turn-on.1164905/
Relevancy 61.06%

My Laptop wont turn on at all, ive tried to reset it both ways and that didnt work. Ive also tried to see if anything was wrong with the charger and battery. Any help would be appreciated!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-wont-turn-on/td-p/5766655
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, I have a msi CR410 that is working perfectly last night. Tonight, When I turned it on (plugged to adapter ) it didnt turn on..the battery light on my laptop is on and the adaptor's light is also on.. I tried the suggested on taking out the battery, pressing the power switch for 30 sec then put battery, plug it and press power but it still didnt turn on. After that I let the laptop be plugged to my adaptor just to see if the device is just power drained but after a while I saw that the battery light indicator on my laptop is also gone. When I touched the adaptor it was not hot not like before that its hot. This time its not hot nor warm, just no temperature but the light on the adaptor is still on but the battery light on my laptop is now gone too not like earlier.

A:Laptop wont turn on. why?

Have you tried removing the battery. Then just plugging the adapter into the laptop. See if it boots this way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on-why.195939/
Relevancy 61.06%

my Compaq 6735b laptop won't start at all even when I plug the adapter nothing shows up not even a single light showing there is power connected to it wish someone could help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/laptop-wont-turn-on-at-all/td-p/5633416
Relevancy 61.06%

My laptop is driving me crazy. I have experienced the apparent common issue of not being able to turn my laptop on. I've followed all the instructions online (ie remove battery, press and hold start button , replace battery etc) It used to fix the problem but I cant turn on at all now. The laptop is only just out of warranty and has hardly been used. Can you suggest anything?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-wont-turn-on/td-p/5654555
Relevancy 61.06%

My laptop wont turn on.

I got a fan to put under it to keep it cool for games, and the cord got stuck in my chair, and I was pulling at it to get it out and it broke, and the laptop turned off and wont turn back on...it is still under warranty for if it is killed but...I am very upset...

Anything to be done?

Calm done and send it in for repair.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on.29306/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a dell ispiron 15 5000 series and it wont turn on anymore. I still have the factory warranty so i am wondering can you fix it or replace it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988232
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi. 
I have Dell e7450.
Sometimes when I turn on or reboot my laptop, his screen wont turn on. 
Just totally black.
If I connect external monitor, I can see that system is works fine, its loading into OS.
If I trying to press D+Power, I can see laptop displays turning on and goes fine through display check, but then its turning off and become black again.
 I spend some time turning on and turning off the laptop, and after some trys (5-20 times) it is starting work fine. 
Help me, please.
As I can see it is some software problem, but I cant understand what to do. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19997027
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello, I was working on my laptop when it froze. So i turned it off and hit the power button to turn it back on however nothing appered on the screen. The power light button is on however nothing on the screen. I was wondering why this happened and what i can do to fix it.

A:Screen wont turn on

Hi -

A few things to try -
1. Boot into SAFEMODE
2. " " and choose "Last known good configuration"
3. " " VGA option
4. Boot using Windows DVD and select "Windows System Restore"

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-wont-turn-on-502545.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Dell PP25L and it was given to me and when i turn it on i can hear the fan going but the screen wont come on can you help me figure out what could be wrong with it.

A:The screen wont turn on.

Try connecting a monitor to it.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/the-screen-wont-turn-on/13660.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Yes my jumpers are correctly set.
Yes my video card is PCI and was tested on another computer.
Yes the screen was also tested with other systems and the cable, and they both work.
It is a P2B Asus Motherboard running on a 350mhz Pentium II 100mhz, 3 sticks of 128mb sdram pc-100. 250w working powersupply.

Screen just doesnt want to turn on with the system.

A:Screen wont turn on.

When the screen remains blank either something is loose or needs to be replaced. Any history or did this just happen one day when you turned the system on? Since you have 3 sticks of RAM have you tried one at a time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-wont-turn-on.369137/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Dell inspiron 15 that won't power on. I tried taking the battery out and pressing the power button for 30 seconds, didn't help. Called customer service they said maybe the motherboard but they don't have any that would fit my laptop and the warranty is expired.
Any other suggestions? Thanks

A:Dell laptop won't turn on

Hi VICIOUSVIC,
Thank you for writing to us.
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).
Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19978663
Relevancy 60.63%

I was just wondering before I throw it out , can this Laptop be fixed?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAm97i84aU8

A:Dell XPS Laptop won't turn on...

Could be software or hardware...Maybe Battery,maybe BIOS.Take it to the shop you bought it.Maybe they'll fix it...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/315929-dell-xps-laptop-wont-turn.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey guys, honestly for the life of me I cannot turn on my old laptop. I got a Dell Inspiron 1520 and stopped using my Dell Latitude D420. I want to use it again for college because the Inspiron is a hassle to carry around. But as embarrassing as it is, I can't remember how to turn it on. Any help would be greatly appreciated by my aching back. Thanks!

A:Dell laptop won't turn on

aslinks said:

, I can't remember how to turn it on.Click to expand...

Are you not finding the power button, or is the problem more serious than that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-wont-turn-on.160775/