Windows Support Forum

Cant connect to local LAN network

Q: Cant connect to local LAN network

Hi
I got a new laptop because my old one was fried by the weather! But now when I try to connect to the network, I can only access the internet and I want to know how I can get my shared folders,which is on the one network computer (which is the main one) to show on "my network places"

I'm using windows XP

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cant connect to local LAN network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Cant connect to local LAN network

You first have to get the computers on the same network (e.g., connected to the same router). Then you need to enable file and printer sharing; here is a wizard way.

Run the Network Setup wizard (found in Control Panel of XP). Tell it each of your computers connects to the internet via "residential gateway" and that you want to enable file and printer sharing. Create a disk at the end only if you have a Windows PC other than XP or 2k Pro or Vista.

Windows XP firewall (if SP2 or SP3) will be properly configured by the wizard. You must uninstall or properly configure any 3rd party firewalls on each machine. Unique computer names and same workgroup, of course.

The Shared Documents folder is automatically shared. Any other folders (or drives) or printers you want to share, just right click on them and sharing ... . When sharing a printer, accept the offer to load other drivers if your other PCs have different Operating System(s).

When you first go into My Network Places there will be nothing there. The first time you click on 'View Workgroup computers' will probably result in great disappointment. It takes awhile (up to 15 minutes) before all the computers in the workgroup get up-to-date and accurate lists of the other computers. Often you can speed up this process via Search for other computers.

When computers show up in My Network Places, double click on one to see its shares. If that includes a printer, you can right click on the printer to connect to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-local-lan-network.811930/
Relevancy 64.5%

I did some moving around of computers and when I hooked everything back up I had to go in a manually configure the gateway and DNS IP so now I can connect to the internet but I cant see the other computers on my network nor can they see me.

I am not sure what to do.

Karen

A:Can connect to Internet but not local network

Need more information.
1. What is your gateway (i.e. Linksys Router)
2. Where you using DHCP prior to the move?
3. Are you using the DNS servers that your ISP provides?
4. Can the other computers on the network see each other?

Anything else you can provide to give us a clearer picture of how your network was setup prior to and post move.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-connect-to-internet-but-not-local-network-224594.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I recently bought a new HP V6000 laptop. I am having problems connecting wirelessly to my local security-enabled network in my new rented accomodation - I display the network when listing the available wireless networks. It cannot be the laptop as i have connected to many other similar networks with ease!

I did manage to connect once the other day by connecting it using the cable instead of attempting to connect wirelessly and then when switching back to wireless connection it was still working. However i had the same problem again, tried the same solution but it does not work anymore???

I just cant seem to pick up the signal. The 2 other people in the house do not have this problem and have full signal from the network.

Any ideas how i can sort this problem - i no expert with computers!

JT

A:Unable to connect to local network

Have you power cycled the router??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-local-network.669562/
Relevancy 64.5%

my friend has a HP laptop with window vista sp he can t connect to the internet if it s secured with or without wire connection however he can connect to the network if it s unsecured the router is Cisco E and my other roommate acer windows but connect to with network only able unsecured Local and i mac can connect to the network without a problem all of his network adapters are updated and we ve tried everything as far as google can tell me but nothing works please help Thanks here s ipconfig all setting Windows IP Configuration Host Name TheShadow Primary Local only but able to connect with unsecured network Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - E- C- E-F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f d f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-FA- - B- - B- -EF- D-B DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A BC- D - FFC-B - C F A br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BAC - C E- EF-BF C-B E EB br A F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Local only but able to connect with unsecured network

The ethernet problem may be a defective cable or NIC or a mis-configured, corrupted or out-of-date non-Windows firewall or security suite.

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atheros AR5007EG & AR5007
We have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters for about a year, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and windows Vista.

The adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
--- Please post back here if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver." That apparently has worked for some posters.

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section, as some manufactures, appear to now have a working driver available.
Toshiba - update has worked for some PCs
HP The latest HP Atheros driver dated Sept 2010 has fixed the issue - so check the driver date, However, that does NOT apply to all HPs / Compaqs machines
- the poster did an online scan for driver updates on the HP website here HP Product Detection which resulted in a solution. Solved: Can't connect to internet wirelessly - Atheros AR5007 Wifi through Clear Comm - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you can post the Make and EXACT model of your PC here, along with the windows version you have and we will see if we can find the driver and will post a link as a reply here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) A few posters here with the same issue have found that the driver from this site ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows resolved the issue
Threads are here
Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: NetGear WNDR3700 Incompatibilty W/ Atheros AR5700 - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Local connection only when connected to secured wirless - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Unidentified Network - Tech Support Guy Forums
Unidentified Network
I do NOT know anything about the site mentioned ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows

However, if you do decide to try the driver, Please let us know the outcome

Direct link to the drivers are below
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " click to download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

AR5007
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista
Although this driver has shown up in BSODs (Blue Screen Of Death) on Vista SP2 systems, usually conflicting with updated Vista OS drivers like netio.sys, tcpip.sys and other networking related drivers.

AR5007EG
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista
Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

You might also bug your laptop's tech support about the problem--maybe people can put pressure on Atheros to find a fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-only-but-able-to-connect-with-unsecured-network.1025589/
Relevancy 64.5%

I can connect to my router and it shows that it has internet connection. I can access folders on my local network, but i cannot browse the internet. IE and Chrome do not work. Could someone please suggest something?
Thanks

A:Cant connect to internet, but can to local network.

Welcome to Seven Forums,

You might want to try a Power Cycle.

Run the Network Troubleshooter tool from your Windows 7 computer.
Using the Network troubleshooter in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/233442-cant-connect-internet-but-can-local-network.html
Relevancy 64.5%

hello friends, i wanted to know the steps to connect my printer to all of my computers on the network.....

thanks

A:How to connect my local printer to the network?

google for 'printserver' which will get an IP address.

It goes on the network and the printer connects to it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-connect-my-local-printer-to-the-network.119007/
Relevancy 64.5%

I want to "Connect A PC To The Local Network but NOT On The Internet.". I don't want the computer connecting to the Internet at all but yet can see other computers on the network and use shared printers and files/folders. I don't want any hackers able to ping the computer or see it at all from the Internet. I would like to do this by not making any changes to my router. Can I just setup a static IP and make a default gateway of 127.0.0.1 on the computer?

A:Connect A PC To The Local Network but NOT On The Internet

If you have a bunch of PCs connected to a router and that router connected to the Internet, no one on the Internet side can see your PCs. They can't get past the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/321902-connect-pc-local-network-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a new laptop that runs Vista Home. I did have a laptop that ran XP. My old laptop was successfully networked with my desktop (which runs XP), but I cannot figure out how to set up the local network between the two machines with this Vista running laptop. I have no problems connecting to the internet through my wireless router, but I think I am missing something simple. I need to network these two computers so I can access all of my data...and use the printer through the network ... like i did before. I may just be missing something obvious. Can anyone tell me what that is?
Thanks

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all network connect Internet while local(wired) on to Can't I have a laptop on which the OS installed is Windows XP This laptop is in a local network wired network and Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet is also in a wireless network and we Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet access Internet with the wirelesss network The problem is that when I access Internet I can t connect to the local network i e when I ping a machine Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet which is in the local network the ping does not succeed How can I do to be able to access to local network while surfing on Internet I provide the following details about the local network and the wireless network The machines on the local network are connected by switches and there is a Windows Server window controller on this network My laptop is configured to obtain its Ip adress on the local network by DHCP My laptop is also configured to obtain its Ip adress on the wireless network there is a wireless router by DHCP I can access Internet only by wireless network I can not access it by local network Thanks Thanks you in advance for your answers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-local-wired-network-while-on-internet.903237/
Relevancy 63.64%

When initially setting my Roku 3, I had this problem, but after a few hours of trying various fixes found online, I finally had success. Unfortunately, in the middle of using the device, it lost internet connection and went back to being unable to connect to the local network. How can I resolve this issue?

A:Roku 3 unable to connect to local network

Can you provide more details please:

Who is your internet service provider?
What brand/model of modem and/or router do you have?
Are you connecting the Roku via wired or wireless connection?
Are you having internet connection issues with any other devices on your network?
What fixes did you try when you were having problems initially setting it up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roku-3-unable-to-connect-to-local-network.1122097/
Relevancy 63.21%

lost wifi access thru local home connection can connect thru public network my grandma during last visit accidentally changed the network to her laptop Have tried to reset netgear wnr v with pin in back turned off and waited and turned back on again--no success have tried to set up new network--see the network listed but no internet access available have modem router from comcast My laptop is Acer Aspire with Lan Broadcom and wireless lan atheros Hope that helps gettting discouraged have looked on your other threads posts for suggestions-have tried many so far no help have used your website in past and has always helped esp since I m not very computer savvy How can I get my wifi connected again Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Vicatron gt PING PING is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file network connect Solved: local/home cant wifi to C Users Vicatron gt Ping google com Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping Solved: wifi cant connect to local/home network statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Vicatron gt nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

until recently I've never had a problem but now it seems that every 5 mins I lose connection. It does this on my computer and my roomates so its not just me. What would be the best way to go about? New router, bring modem to cable company? or is it something I can fix myself.

Relevancy 63.21%

I just did a fresh install of xp on a work computer(virus, nasty stuff), and now it will not connect to our office network. I've had to do this before, and we had an outside guy come in. He took two seconds in the cmd prompt and fixed it. I've reinstalled all the drivers and I did a network diagnostic. The only spot it's showing a fail is at the dnssearchorder.
Any help would be appreciated!

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

We just set up our Dlink router and all computers and iPhones can connect to the wireless fine, but one of the computers is showing "local only". What gives?

A:Access shows Local Only on one laptop on DLink network. All other laptops can connect

Don't know...
Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-shows-local-only-on-one-laptop-on-dlink-network-all-other-laptops-can-connect.744424/
Relevancy 61.49%

I can't connect to the internet. When I double click Local Area Network under Network connections it says it has both sent and received packets. It is set to automatically acquire an ip address. The computer is connected to a router. I can ping 192.168.1.1 but when I try to reach my router's settings it says page can't be loaded. I tried to hook the computer up directly to the modem and connect that way. It said it was connected and it was sending packets but I still couldn't do anything. I've turned off the windows firewall. The computer is Windows XP SP1. Any ideas?

More info:

ip config /all
netstat -n
ping&tracert 192.168.1.1

A:Solved: Can't connect to internet but Local Area Network is sending packets

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-to-internet-but-local-area-network-is-sending-packets.986478/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello folks,

I was able to revive my computer after a fake anti virus malware infection followed by a nt_authority shutdown loop but now have lost connection to my local network domain. I connect to the internet and all else seems to be operating normally.

I have searched for possible fixes and none have worked.

My computer network id and change options are greyed out under the computer name option.

I tried starting the workstation service and it states it is unable to run because of server specific error 2205.

I have also tried cleaning the registry and a chkdsk /r in the recovery console and still cannot seem to reconnect.

Thank you for any help.

Bryan
The DDS scan would hang up about %75 of the way through and freeze the computer so it never completed, I tried disabling my anti virus but had the same result.

Attached is my gmer log.

A:Recovered computer after fake antivirus malware now unable to connect to local network

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/423626 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423626/recovered-computer-after-fake-antivirus-malware-now-unable-to-connect-to-local-network/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I have an acer aspire windows vista bit operating system I recently got a new modem router it s apparently in from rogers and I cannot connect to connect cannot modem. connect I internet can only using to connection' new 'local the internet When I attempt to connect i can only connect to the quot local quot connection Everyone else in my family can connect via wireless and I can only connect if i use an ethernet cable which is directly connected to my laptop When i typed in ipconfig all on the command prompt cannot connect to internet using new modem. I can only connect 'local connection' this is what pops up Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Alice Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List vlan phub net cable rogers com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix vlan phub net cable rogers com Description Broadcom NetLink TM Fast Ethernet Physical Address - B- - - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv cannot connect to internet using new modem. I can only connect 'local connection' Address fe e d be Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January- - PM Lease Expires January- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- - - - E- C- F-C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix vlan phub net cable rogers com Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - E- C- F-C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f a f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January- - PM Lease Expires January- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- - - - E- C- F-C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix vlan phub net cable rogers com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt I am grateful for anyone who can provide me with some insight on how to solve this problem thanks in advance for anyone who replies ps If there is nothing I can do and its a problem with my old laptop friend told me its too old please tell me so I can look for a new laptop nbsp

A:cannot connect to internet using new modem. I can only connect 'local connection'

Atheros AR5007EG Click to expand...

this is a problem adapter on vista whenever a change is made

Have a read through the following - the most common fix is the driver update - from the manufacturers website or from the atheros website

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007

Over the last couple of years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

The majority of fixes are via installing a new driver from either the Manufacturers website and if that does not resolve the issue then from the atheros web site - see item (3)

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 3) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems

--- 4) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

Please post a reply here , and keep us informed of the situation and how you finally resolved the issue.

To install the driver you will need to do the following

Extract the downloaded zip file into a folder on the PC
then

For Vista;
> Start Globe
> Control Panel
> System and maintenance
> Scroll down to Device manager
> network adaptors, click on the + >
> Right click on the AR5007(EG) Adapter
> click on Update Driver Software...
> click on Brow... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-internet-using-new-modem-i-can-only-connect-local-connection.1084927/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I'm currently in the process of testing deploying IE in setup XML - file File Local Enterprise Local List Network, IE11 Manager or HTTP, Site our environment and I've begun testing on the IE Enterprise Site List manager I've read that there are a few different ways to configure the XML file to apply via GPO IE11 Enterprise Site List Manager XML file setup - HTTP, Local Network, or Local File per the article below nbsp HTTP Local Network Local File https technet microsoft com en-us library Dn aspx In my isolated testing I've chosen to use the local file method which is very easy to setup and use on a testing machine It looks like we have the flexibility to choose how we apply the XML file and I was curious what the best options are and why nbsp Also are there examples of each setup being used and the benefits downsides to each Here's the options that I can see using HTTP - setup an IIS website to host the XML file Local Network UNC - setup a UNC path on our DFS where we store the current XML file and users would have read only access to that location Local File - We could just deploy the XML file via SCCM package application when updates to the list are required Could anyone please point me towards some articles etc explaining the pro's and cons of these methods and why I might want to choose one over the other nbsp I'm leaning towards just using a DFS share and option because it doesn't require us to maintain an IIS site for it but I am curious to hear if there might be any downsides to this method or benefits to going with another method Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ffeba7b5-ee91-4622-a535-a16b90c4a41f/ie11-enterprise-site-list-manager-xml-file-setup-http-local-network-or-local-file?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 49.45%

This sounds really noobie of me but is it possible to improve local network transfer speed by adding a 2nd network card. I was planning to connect one exclusively for lan transfers and another one hooked to a separate wireless router.

Right now only a maximum of 3 users can stream SD videos off the PC before it gets a little choppy.

The pc in question runs on windows 7 and it's board has built in gigabit, I happen to have a spare gigabit card.

A:Will adding a 2nd network card improve local network transfer speed

That won't really help the way you are describing the problem, although adding access points will help with streaming to wireless devices.

Although there is a setting in Group Policy that allows you to use two connections at the same time, I don't believe it will help in this situation.

I've done many HD movie streaming tests on my system.

I can stream from my media PC to at least 7 other machines at the same time, 4 wired, 3 wireless, plus my TV, and have no problems at all, no skipping, no freezing, even with the same movie in the same place or with 8 different movies at once, my TV is connected to my media center PC so counts as the 8th one.

This is Gb LAN, and 300Mbps wireless but even the 65Mbps limited laptop has no problem.

I'm not really sure why you are seeing these limitations but it may be the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275341-will-adding-2nd-network-card-improve-local-network-transfer-speed.html
Relevancy 48.59%

HI,

I have installed server 2003 on a small network and created a domain that is the same as the public domain name (ie the companies website).

This is now causing a problem because when i type in the public address (for example www.company.com) it is trying to resolve it locally - because the local domain name is also company.com.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get round this problem?

Many thanks in advance

Dave

A:problem with the local network having the same domain name as the public network

add 'local.' to the internal domain or change it altogether.

Your public domain should not have any connection into your private infrastructure,
but you may have references from private->public; not very common.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-the-local-network-having-the-same-domain-name-as-the-public-network.69968/
Relevancy 47.3%

i got a laptop and i was useing ethernet tell my mom got a router so now when i go to my dads house and use ethernet again i get the gay ass local only internet but his computer the 1 im on works fine i have to play wow my guild need me for a raid i dont know how im going to do the ipconfig cuz im on 2 computers so im SOL

I HATE MY LIFE

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/243889-local-only-internet-connect.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I run Win 7 on my Inspiron 15 wife runs XP on Inspiron 15 I can connect to internet but she cant.

Every now and then she cant connect to internet but i can in Win 7.

Sometimes if i keep disconnecting her and reconnecting her it starts to work.

Any idea what is causing Win 7 to work and XP wont work?

A:Solved: Local Connect Only on XP

would you provide some more detail - how are you connecting - wireless or cable to the router

can we see the following when its working and then repeat when it all disconnects - note xirrus only if on wireless

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot o... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-connect-only-on-xp.1040118/
Relevancy 46.87%

So i have two laptops both running windows 8, so on the first laptop im running the minecraft server not LAN and I'm trying to connect via laptop 2 but it's saying connection refused. So i ported firewall with custom application, and also passed it threw windows firewall public and private. But still unable to connect from second laptop both running on same router and connection. Help?

A:Can' t connect to Minecraft local server?

Make sure port 25525 TCP is open on the computer running the server, and that the server software is running. Setting the firewall for a specific application doesn't always work - you have to go with the actual port number.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-t-connect-to-minecraft-local-server.1102712/
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm trying to fix a friend's computer. When I first looked at it it said that it was connected to the network, but I could not access the internet. Now it says local access only. I've already tried a system restore and have also tried reseting the winsock. The computer is a Dell Inspiron 1535 with Windows Vista. Whatever other information you want, just let me know. Thanks

Relevancy 46.87%

I get page cannot be displayed errors all the time and I can't access this specific site either http://127.0.0.1/ doesn't work how could I fix this.

A:Can't connect to local host or other sites

Follow these instructions EXACTLY and put HijackThis in e.g C:\Program Files\HJT and NOT in Temp or on the Desktop!.
How to remove Begin2Search/Coolwebsearch and Other Nasties

Then see How to post your Hijackthis log-files as an attachment.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-local-host-or-other-sites.32456/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,
I have a big trouble with user account.

I have just got windows 8 and trying to create another account in my laptop.

*1 user local created, and Guest account actived. ( Everything is ok)
*when i connect with a new user account or Guest, windows connect and deconnect automatically.
Could you explain me why ? and how to fix it ?

Thank u so much.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/20931-cannot-connect-user-local-guest.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I d really appreciate any help you can give me I have a Compaq Presario Windows Vista I currently have a Wireless router It used to be Netgear About wks or so my company changed it and gave me the password I am currently connected to the one they changed to but local access to Local get can't internet Access only connect only and no internet Under Network and Sharing Center it says Unidentified network Public network Access Local only Connection Wireless Network Local Access only can't get internet to connect Connection perfectv Under Internet Options Connections it shows the following connection T-Mobile US Standard Modem When I try using the Windows Network Diagnostics it keeps coming back with the options that haven t worked The options are - Plug a cable into the network adapter Local Area Connection - Automatically get new IP settings for the network adapter Wireless Network Connection - A problem with your network router or broadband modem might be preventing an Internet connection Note I am always able to Local Access only can't get internet to connect connect to the internet wherever free wi-fi is available If a password is Local Access only can't get internet to connect required all I need is to obtain it and enter it without making any changes in the system This is the only time I ve had issues getting online even though I have the password nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I have finally acquired the dreaded vista local only connection.

I have searched the forums here and the Internet in general - no situation that really matches mine has a solution.

My wife uses a laptop wireless here at home.

No hardware or router changes for several years and the machine has worked from day one

Yesterday - bang - local only - no internet.

The network is a 2wire - at&t uverse - TVs and other wireless have no issues.
Hardwired machines no issues as well.

I have disabled the Ivp6, reset tcp and winsock stacks, removed and added the 2wire network, manually and automatically

We use WPA-personal. Other wireless networks are working fine - also been used for years.

any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dreaded-vista-local-connect-only.1001941/
Relevancy 46.87%

When I try to connect to 192.168.1.1 my router's page, most of the time (but not always) it doesnt load, router model is TP Link. I thought the router wasnt working since it was old so I bought a new one, still the same problem, I thought maybe my Windows had some issues so I made a fresh install, still the same thing, so I thought maybe it was something related to the hardware in my PC so I tried it on a totally different PC connected to the same router, still no luck. This is the strangest problem I ever had with a router so would appreciate any suggestions.

A:Can't connect to local router page

Try using Chrome to surf to the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/372999-cant-connect-local-router-page.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi

I have read various threads with similar problems and tried out various solutions but to no solution has worked yet.

I have used a few hours today for a friend of us who is here visiting hoping that I will be able to fix her HP laptop.

Checked the cmd -> ipconfig and noticed that the default gateway is blank, and it says no connection for the various connections below it.

I have tried resetting the WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog.

Home Premium Vista.
Network card: Atheros AR5009 (which might be giving out problems)
But even when I use ethernet cable it still does not work.
I try the various repar and diagnosis but it is still not working.

Hopefully someone can teach me to wave the magic wand and make internet appear on her laptop again.

Thank you for any help!

Relevancy 46.87%

I am connected to the net viq EMBARQ DSL The DSL modem connects to a Linksys BEFSR cable dsl router Two computers a Dell M and an IBM T are normally connected to the router Also connected to the router is a Linksys WAP G Wireless Access Point This is used to connect wirelessly when either computer is in another room This is a new LAN setup the BEFSR was purchased in the last week but the WAP G is a year or two old and has been used successfully on other network The Dell laptop connects wirelessly with no problems but the IBM does not Strangely the Wireless Connect to Can Not Local Device IBM did connect fine as recently as a month ago in a virtually identical LAN setup in another house The only significant Can Not Connect to Local Wireless Device difference between the old LAN and the new one is the ISP new is EMBARQ DSL old is time warner cable The IBM detects the LAN correctly and realizes that it is a secure network but when I attempt to connect the normally encountered window asking for the network key does not appear Rather the system jumps to the quot trying to connect quot window as if there were no security to seconds later an error message appears that the system was unable to connect because the network is out of range The physical distance between the WAP and the computer is feet I have spent two hours on the phone with Linksys going over setting resetting things etc with no success I honestly do not think that the problem is the Linksys boxes as the Dell laptop connects without any problems All relevant h w devices report that they are functioning properly and the Preferred Network window has been cleared I plan to try connecting at a few WiFi spots tomorrow to see if that work s Any thoughts in the meantime Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I cannot conntect to my local database server from start->run.But I can ping to that IP.I need to get a file from that datavase server.Pl help me.

Thanks

Relevancy 46.87%

My internet was working perfectly well until last night I did not make any changes at all was only surfing Tumblr and Facebook But Area Connection to Connect Local Cannot now I can't connect to my local area connection Here's what I have tried - restarting modem and router - my other pc can successfully connect to the same modem and router - reconnecting cable and changing other cable use - successfully connected to Cannot Connect to Local Area Connection WiFi - used Cannot Connect to Local Area Connection these cmd commands and restarting pc 'netsh int ip reset' 'netsh int ip reset reset log' 'netsh winsock reset Cannot Connect to Local Area Connection catalog' But there is no change whatsoever - countless diagnosing and troubleshooting - anti virus scan results came out clear - setting ipv and ipv address and dns to automatic restarted pc - used ipconfig all and here is my results Quote Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Chloe gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Chloe-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g n Physical Address CC- -AF- E- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d e c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November PM Lease Expires Saturday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- C- D- - B-E -B -AC- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - B-E -B -AC- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d ee fd Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- C- D- - B-E -B -AC- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B B - AF - C- D B-BF B A AE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FDDE - A- C- - EACA DA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B FB - - F - F -D C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Chloe gt And yep still no connection via my local area connection Please help me before I have to resort to sending this back to the shop This laptop is only a year old

A:Cannot Connect to Local Area Connection

my Ethernet port is not working and it doesn't recognised the cable

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-connect-to-local-area-connection-610417.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am in Germany and trying to connect to my office in Canada using a VPN I am using SafeNet SoftRemote Build Mobile User VPN Version I can activate the security policy and the computer guys won't IT helping connect...Local not VPN seems to go through phase of the negotiation with the server in my VPN won't connect...Local IT guys not helping office but then stops working on phase giving the following error log Initiating IKE Phase IP ADDR xx xx xxx xx SENDING gt gt gt gt ISAKMP OAK AG SA KE NON ID VID x RECEIVED lt lt lt ISAKMP OAK AG SA KE NON ID HASH VID x NAT-D x Peer is NAT-T draft- capable NAT is detected for Client Floating to IKE non- port ISAKMP OAK AG HASH NOTIFY STATUS INITIAL CONTACTNAT-D x Established IKE SA MY COOKIE xx xx xx xx xx xx xx VPN won't connect...Local IT guys not helping xx HIS COOKIE xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx Initiating IKE Phase with Client IDs message id D ED D Initiator IP ADDR xxx xxx x xxx prot port Responder IP SUBNET MASK prot port SENDING gt gt gt gt ISAKMP OAK QM HASH SA NON ID x QM re-keying timed out message id D ED D Retry count SENDING gt gt gt gt ISAKMP OAK QM Retransmission SENDING gt gt gt gt ISAKMP OAK INFO HASH NOTIFY INVALID SPI I have deleted the specific cookie information and actual ip addresses for security reasons but the rest of the message is right out of the log file At this point it just keeps retying over and over again It successfully connected only once and I don t know why I am using a Toshiba Satellite laptop and running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Service Pack with Norton Internet Security with Add On Pack I have a second laptop which I have tried this on as well It is a Dell running Windows XP pro using McAffee Enterprise and only using the built in Windows firewall I have currently disabled the firewall in an attempt to make this vpn work I have been able to connect with this machine but not consistently It often takes hours to connect and then seems to connect for no apparent reason The log file from this machine follows Initiating IKE Phase IP ADDR xx xx xxx xx Sending ISAKMP OAK AG SA KE NON ID VID x message not recieved Retransmitting It then repeats this over and over again for hours before just miraculously deciding to connect Here in Germany I am hooked up to an DSL line through an isp called Arcor using an Arcor Easy Box A WLAN router which is made by SMC in China That DSL line uses a Deutsche Telekom phone connection I have checked with Arcor tech support and they say that there should be nothing preventing the vpn from connecting on their end although they were really not very helpful or informative My tech support guys in Canada were not helpful either saying I am too far away for them to give me support and I should find help elsewhere GRRRR Anyway because of that here I am While the security policy is enabled and the vpn is trying to connect it blocks all ability to surf use messenger etc on the internet on that machine although other machines plugged into the same router are unaffected As soon as I deactivate the security policy the internet works normally On the odd occasion that it does connect I can surf and use messenger with no problem I also have a voip running through the same dsl which is unaffected by any of this As I am in Germany for an extended time and am unable to work without this vpn connection to my office I would really appreciate whatever help anybody can give me out there to make this work I am not a computer expert by any stretch of the imagination but have enough knowledge to be talked through trying some solutions Thanks in advance for any assistance you are able to give me Marcus nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-wont-connect-local-it-guys-not-helping.610789/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello there I'm new here I just won't connect to local. only Laptop internet to came on to ask a question about my laptop Last night it was working great I turned it on and it connected to the LAN very quickly and I was able to get online Keep in mind I have laptops and one PC Both of the other laptops are able to connect to the internet One is on XP one Vista but the other will not It's also running Vista Now today I had a problem with my Xbox connecting to it and had to reset the router then it worked The only thing I had changed was the ICS - I turned it on because I'm going to create a LAN between my and my laptop and using the laptop's wireless as the connection But my one laptop will not connect to the internet Will connect locally because it says something is wrong with the DNS Yet the other two are working perfectly I checked in the properties of the thing and its all set to obtain automatically any ideas

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/263905-laptop-wont-connect-internet-only-local.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Compaq Presario a931nr running vista home premium sp2, with all updates installed.

This is a new install and updated totally. plugged into the router I have internet access. But connecting via the wifi I only have local access.

I have reset the winsock catalog and the log. I have uninstalled the device removing the drivers and reinstalled and it appears to be working correctly.

No Tunnel adapter information when I look at the configuration of the network on the machine with the issue.

HELP??????

Tim

A:Can connect to router but only local access

You seem to know a lot more about wireless routers and modems than I do, so I may not be able to help. Try unplugging your router and/or modem for at least 30 seconds and then plug them back in and see if it helps. Also, restart your PC if you haven't already since the problem started. When did the problem start? Did you update something or install a new program right before the issue started? OR did it just suddenly stop working? Can other devices connect to it wirelessly without a problem?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/291913-can-connect-router-but-only-local-access.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi geeks.

I need to connect to some other Win 8 Pro rigs using credentials of a local account. I am unable to find how to change default account type as shown in this screenshot:

Remote connections to Microsoft Accounts working as they should, no issues there.

Kari

A:How to remote connect to a local account?

Let's pretend your current PC is named Kari-PC and your username is kari, you would login with this username:

Kari-PC\kari

You can go to Control Panel -> User Accounts and then click on manage user accounts. From that window, you can see the "domain" name and user name. Then it's basically using "domain\user", even though it may not be an actual windows domain.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/19252-how-remote-connect-local-account.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello, I'm working on my boss's computer. It's win7 64bit. She was having problems with strange popups, being redirected to different random websites, etc. She upgraded to AVG 2014 and then she couldn't connect to the internet. There is a local lan, and she can connect to the network printer, server, etc. She called me in after all this happened.
I used the AVG Removal tool, to remove avg. I noticed that she had PC Optimizer Pro. I ran the uninstaller from the control panel, ran AdwCleaner, Junkware removal tool, hitman pro, malwarebytes, and still cannot connect to the internet. Please help!

A:Can't connect to the internet, local lan works

ok, I guess I didn't run hitman, and it repaired a winsock thingy..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520857/cant-connect-to-the-internet-local-lan-works/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey all I ve got a challenging one for you if any of you are nice enough to help I would appreciate any help I have a co-worker who suddenly lost his windows user profile He can't Client local servers to connect could log in to our company domain but none of the setting desktop files etc would load up It was basically like a new profile I tried copying his Client can't connect to local servers profile to a new profile I was unable to do so and got a error message I think some of the settings files are corrupt and won t copy Client can't connect to local servers So no big deal I was able to locate the necessary files in the corrupt user profile and move them to a new profile The settings aren t so important atleast I would like to think so All is good now except that while logged on to the domain with the new user profile I can t log on to our other servers We have a Windows server the domain server no issues a Mac Xserve and LaCie snap servers When Client can't connect to local servers I tried to connect by typing in the ip in windows explorer server IP windows says I can t connect b c I don t have permissions I don t know why I didn t get prompted to enter a username and password This happens when trying to connect to all servers besides the windows server If I go to my network places gt map network drives gt browse I can find the Xserve but when I select it but Windows will not let me continue since the OK button remains greyed out The LaCie snap drives are a bit different If I try to map the drive it tells me that the drive is already mapped with another user name and password Not true I am stumped here I don t think its got anything to do with settings on the servers because this computer was once able to connect to everything Other windows users are able to connect as well fyi windows clients XP Pro Win Server Mac Xserve G -Panther LaCies snap servers are powered by Windows nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/client-cant-connect-to-local-servers.500245/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have 2 computers. The one in the 2nd room, must be repaired after a short length of time. I use local area connect, support repair. It use to work. I am wired to 2nd one as I don't know how to set up wireless. I am using a Westell327W from Horizon. Router is Aero14.

A:Help-i Have To Go To My Local Area Connect And Use Repair For 2nd Computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-i-have-to-go-to-my-local-area-connect-and-use-repair-for-2nd-computer.615891/
Relevancy 46.44%

This is a very strange problem that has been happing We run Windows Server all the client PCs run Windows XP Pro ----- We have on user who can login to her PC fine but if she tries to login to a different PC it will let her login but not load any of her files rather than My Documents linking to her My Documents on the server it links to the local only the she to connect PCs her can User account is administrator where to local My Documents in her profile User can only connect to her account to PCs where she is the local administrator on the actual PC All the other network drives work fine so she can connect to all the shared stuff etc but just not her own personal files my documents desktop etc I have logged in fine on her PC and the others that we tested her account on after some playing we found out that on her PC she is set as the local administrator if we remove that as she shouldn t really be set as admin she suddenly has this connection problem and likewise if we set her to local admin on one of the other PCs sudenly the problem is fixed Any ideas why this might be happening Thanks very much for any help that anyone can give nbsp

A:User can only connect to her account to PCs where she is the local administrator

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-can-only-connect-to-her-account-to-pcs-where-she-is-the-local-administrator.597233/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

My Dell laptop with Vista and SP2 was accessing the Internet fine until a few hours ago, when I pressed the reset button on my router because the Internet was slow. After that my laptop has not been able to connect to the Internet. My desktop which also uses the same router is able to access the Internet fine. I went to the router page (192.168.1.1) and have no idea what settings are right or wrong. How do I solve this problem?

Relevancy 46.44%

I have had this issue for 3 days now, and have searched numerous forums and tried many solutions, but nothing has helped.

On my laptop, whether using a wired or wireless connection, my computer will not access the internet. It seems to access the router/modem (Local Only), but will forever say that it is "Identifying...."

I have tried various regedits, safemode (result is the same), turn off IPv6, among other things. I don't know a lot about computers, but know enough to follow these directions when I read them.

If there are any other suggestions out there I would be forever grateful, as this has been unbelievably frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

A:Cannot connect to the internet:Identifying... Access: Local Only

Hello, have you used elevated command prompt and flushed the dns and released the ip and renewed the ip and then restarted computer and seen if it connects then ?
DNS Resolver Cache

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/294161-cannot-connect-internet-identifying-access-local-only.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, so I have an Acer laptop, and it won't connect to the internet. Whenever I try it says Local Only and won't let me access anything on the web. This happened a few months ago, and I had recently switched to a new router. I know this question has been asked before, but I've tried all the non-specific solutions, and non of them worked. Please help.

Also it won't even connect when I use a non-wireless, ie cable, connection.

A:Acer Laptop Won't Connect to Internet, Local Only

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

can we see an ipconfig /all and xirrus

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to haveNET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user gu... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-local-only.1064207/
Relevancy 46.44%

I want to play Warcraft 3 over Local area network, but i don't have a clue what to do.Me and my friend both have cable internet and i'm the only person that has router . thanks

A:How do i connect two computers with local area netwok?

Check out this page. I hope it helps you...http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=560705

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-connect-two-computers-with-local-area-netwok.88179/
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently had my hard drive replaced. Before that, I bought a wireless router and had no problems connecting to it. Now, I am able to connect via local area connection but not to my wireless. Every time I select repair connection, it connects but hangs on repairing IP for hours. When I enter in the command ipconfig/release, the IP for wireless shows up as 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
I have spent hours googling this and playing around with it, obviously no luck. Help would truly be appreciated

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi there Let me explain my situation I have a PC on a crowded network that cannot handle much more bandwidth usage I am now going to have a tons of transferring to do offsite so I added a second internet line just to deal with the influx of file transfers I tried a dual WAN setup on my router and the performance was not improved if it was nobody noticed it so I said forget that idea I only need to do these massive transfers from PC so I will just add a second NIC to the machine so that the st NIC NICs to on machine Connect 2 Exchange Local with can maintain local network functionality and the nd NIC will be just for internet traffic sending files up down to offsite Connect to Local Exchange on machine with 2 NICs location Essentially I just need NIC for handling local network connecting to exchange etc and NIC to handle Connect to Local Exchange on machine with 2 NICs files transfes to offsite location through seconday internet line So now I have a desktop PC with two NICs One of them built into the board the other a pci add on nic they are both On nic there is a connection to my Connect to Local Exchange on machine with 2 NICs network X which is the internal network for Exchange local files transfers etc This is the network i have always had connected and I have no problem connecting to my exchange server etc my server is providing dns dhcp wins AD MSE for the entire network so I installed a secondary NIC and a secondary network line to the NIC on the machine I set it up with an IP a SN a gateway and a DNS I removed the gateway from the st NIC When I did this I am now on networks IP for internal use exchange etc IP for big files transfers to the offsite location There are no other users on the secondary network just me right now I knew I should not have gateways defined so I only used a gateway on the secondary NIC as thats the one going outside the building I am able to browse all machines on the primary network I can initiate RDC and I can transfer files share devices etc all is great EXCEPT I cannot get outlook to connect to exchange with the nd NIC enabled Everything else works fine with only the gateway on the nd NIC just not exchange connection through the primary NIC I tried changing the name from a server name to the ip in Account settings more settings and outlook still cannot make a connection to the exchange machine When i type the name OR ip into my run command bar I can get to the server without issue so DNS is OK I think When I browse network neighborhood I can access all machines devices When I RDC I can connect by name or by IP Its just the darn outlook that will not connect to the exchange through the st network adaptor I thought of modifying the lmhosts file but I dont think it will matter because regardless of putting in the server name or its IP address into outlook it just says it cannot connect to server outlook client sbs btw am I doing something wrong here SO then I tried adding a gateway to BOTH of the NICs This allows me to do EVERYTHING I want however when i go to whatismyip com and get a result the IP it is giving me is NOT either of my static IPs each network has a seperate internet line with a static IP Not sure where this IP is coming from but if i tracert google com it says I am going out through the primary adaptor The new IP from whatismyip com makes no sense to me as it is not either of my static IPs however it is very close Would this be a situation where my ISP see s I have gateways defined so it generates a rd external IP for some reason Never heard of this but i am no guru essentially I just need NIC for handling local network connecting to exchange etc and NIC to handle files transfers to offsite location through seconday internet line is there a way to get this to work please advise thanks jeff nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I have seen multiple threads on this but have not yet found the fix I need in any to Can't Connect internet- Access Only Solved: Local of them I have had this Toshiba A -S Satellite laptop since September and have never had any internet connectivity issues until last week It came with Vista Home Premium -bit and I ve used in my apartment and at my parent s house and it has always automatically detected both networks and connected immediately Last week I started getting quot Local access only quot when I connected at both my apartment and at my parent s house I ve clicked quot Diagnose and Repair quot and it says quot Cannot communicate with Solved: Can't Connect to internet- Local Access Only Primary DNS Server quot I have tried many Solved: Can't Connect to internet- Local Access Only fixes including disabling Solved: Can't Connect to internet- Local Access Only IPv adjusting the DHCPBcast Flag in the registry editor etc Nothing is working I took it into Best Buy where I bought it and have an active warranty and the Geek Squad connected to the Best Buy wireless network right in front of me and told it looks like its working and there s nothing they can really do Please help Here is my ipconfig info C Users Jeff gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name JEFFH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List buffalo rr com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix buffalo rr com Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - E- - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday March PM Lease Expires Sunday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap buffalo rr com Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E - FC- BC-B C- F br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And for good measure here is the ipconfig info of my dad s computer which is currently running XP and connecting to the internet with no issues Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Jeff gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tom Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List buffalo rr com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - - -F -ED-FF Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix buffalo rr com Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - -CE- C- A- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday March PM Lease Expires Sunday March PM nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I have a brand new Toshiba laptop. It won't wirelessly connect to the internet with or without router encryption. It connects perfect when using the ethernet connection. Can someone help me with this problem?

A:Vista Local Only / Cannot Connect To Internet Wirelessly

What are the exact symptoms of the failure to connect? Does it see the wireless networks?

Please download Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and post a screen shot of the main screen.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to TSG, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-local-only-cannot-connect-to-internet-wirelessly.878152/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Compaq 714NR running on windows vista, trying to connect to a Netgear WNDR3400 Router. The pc connects local only and will not allow me to go on the internet. I have 2 additional labtops, 1 PC and 1 MAC that connect with no problems. I have tried to connect to other wireless routers and the pc connects with no problem. I tried to unconnect and reconnect without any success. I also ran IPCONFIG and no luck. Please advise if there is anyhing else that I can try to correct this.

A:Compaq 714NR connect local only to Netgear

I also ran IPCONFIG and no luck.Click to expand...

What does this mean?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-714nr-connect-local-only-to-netgear.1064122/
Relevancy 46.44%

hi am having a string of problems with my microsoft account all brought about (i think) because of a problem with the audio system, i am now stuck in a local account,(having followed advice from a thread i followed on windows support). every time i try to change back to my microsoft account i get as far as signing in to my local account then it just says 'please wait' and goes no further (had it sat like this for an hour!) anyone have any ideas what i can do? thank you

A:cannot connect to my microsoft account, stuck in local

Log into the Microsoft side and delete the Live account on there, then go through the process of creating a new User Live ID on the Laptop, which should create a new Live account with Microsoft.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/66293-cannot-connect-my-microsoft-account-stuck-local.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I can connect through the cord but HP Laptop HELP (local Solved: can't connect wirelessly only) PLEASE when i try to connect to my wireless connection i get a DNS problem I have made sure my tcp ip were set automatically please help Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name hp Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix NetScreen-NS GT Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - D- - E-EF- DHCP Solved: HP Laptop can't connect wirelessly (local only) HELP PLEASE Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR a g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - D-A -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c b b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Solved: HP Laptop can't connect wirelessly (local only) HELP PLEASE Mask Lease Obtained Saturday October PM Lease Expires Sunday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E - - - - - D-A -B - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Solved: HP Laptop can't connect wirelessly (local only) HELP PLEASE Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D A-AEB - A- -EC FCF br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap NetScreen-NS GT Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt nbsp

A:Solved: HP Laptop can't connect wirelessly (local only) HELP PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-laptop-cant-connect-wirelessly-local-only-help-please.873362/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have blocked router. let host local to me Something connect won't my not been able to get online and have worked with one of your reps here http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html They said to start a new post here with these logs hope you can help me DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Outdated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated BCF -A - -AEDE-D FCBCFCDF Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Something won't let me connect to my router. local host blocked WINDOWS System svchost exe -k Something won't let me connect to my router. local host blocked netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe Something won't let me connect to my router. local host blocked C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Keymaestro Multimedia Keyboard MMKeybd exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG T wlan t exe C Program Files Keymaestro Multimedia Keyboard TrayMon exe C Program Files Keymaestro Onscreen Display OSD exe C Program Files Keymaestro Multimedia Keyboard nhksrv exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesService exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Facebook Update FacebookUpdate exe C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp Rar EX gmer exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO SnagIt Toolbar Loader c d-c - c - -fce ad c - c program files techsmith snagit SnagitBHO dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dll BHO RoboForm BHO d a - d - d - - e a - c program files siber systems ai roboform roboform dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Skype Plug-In ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB amp RoboForm d a - d - d - - e a - c program files siber systems ai roboform roboform dll TB Snagit ff e -abde- eb-b e-d aab cabe - c program files techsmith snagit SnagitIEAddin dll TB D C F- A- -A AD- D - No File TB FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - No File mRun MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD c program files keymaestro multimedia keyboard MMKeybd exe mRun MSC quot c program files microsoft security client msseces exe quot -hide -runkey mRun AVG TRAY quot c program files avg avg avgtray exe quot mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun nmctxth quot c program files common files pure networks shared platform nmctxth exe quot dRun DWQueuedReporting quot c progra common micros dw dwtrig exe quot -t StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs... Read more

A:Something won't let me connect to my router. local host blocked

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436073/something-wont-let-me-connect-to-my-router-local-host-blocked/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello everyone,

On a friend's computer, they have broadband with Comcast. It seems that once every few hours (maybe after every restart? Not sure really...) they can't connect to the internet. I've found that going into Network connections, and clicking "Create a New Connection" on the left-hand menu and going through setting up a broadband connection manually seems to fix it- for a while...

Any ideas why this would suddenly stop working? I'd like to find a permanant fix.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

-Capnbob

A:Local Area Connect Stops Working?

Try this:
Go to Control Panel/Network Connections,right click on it and select Properties.On the next box,on the General tab,look for "Connect using"and you will see a "Configure" button,click it and on the next box select the "Power Management" tab.Uncheck the box beside "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
Hope this works for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connect-stops-working.328663/
Relevancy 46.01%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 46.01%

I have set up a router to work with my cable modem on my sony desktop pc - but somehow my sony laptop won t draw the correct IP from the router - I have tried setting a static IP to no avail - with DCHP enabled I get which - local failure unplugged connect ip renew area I think means that it can t get an IP I have tried to renew release the IP flushed the DNS shut down and unplugged everything repeatedly notebook PC router ip renew failure - local area connect unplugged amp modem - My network connections shows a local area connection unplugged a connection and the wireless net work connection When I try to renew the IP it tells me that ip renew failure - local area connect unplugged the adapter either isn t there or not in a permissable state - I even tried with my ISP support to connect directly from the modem via ethernet cable also reversed the cable without the router and still could not draw the correct IP or make it work with a static IP The wireless worked at my work network before and now event that has ceased to work - the DCHP will not obtain an IP from the network at ip renew failure - local area connect unplugged my job or from the router I have at home I would be grateful for any help or advice on drivers reloading of software changing config or whatever - I have seen advice about working around the windows detect media but am afraid to make registry changes unless I really have to Thanks for your attention to my problem nbsp

A:ip renew failure - local area connect unplugged

Are you trying to connect via a wired LAN connection or wirelessly?

The address you are pulling is valid - it is not likely from your router though, as it is a routable INTERNET address, not an INTRANET address. Most routers are configured to use one of the following address schemes for the inside connections
192.168.x.x
172.16.x.x
10.x.x.x
These are not routable through the internet and are safer to use than connecting through a Internet Routable address as they are not visable by anyone on the Internet.

The question is where is it pulling the address from?

Steve

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-renew-failure-local-area-connect-unplugged.200366/
Relevancy 46.01%
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

I am using a Dial up connection but when i have to connect dial up connection then i have to change my local area connection ip.
Is there any tip or method which is able to my local area connection ip through batch programming/Command prompt ?I need random ips every time before connect from dial up connection.
please find the below screenshot

someone told me it would be possible from batch programming.
I am waiting for your answers.
I am using Windows 7 64 bit
4GB RAM
4MB DSL connection

A:Local area connection ip conflict before connect dial up

You could try making a .bat file (this must be run as administrator)

netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" static 192.168.1.10 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1 1
netsh interface ip set dns "Local Area Connection" static 192.168.1.1

and another .bat file to change it back if needed

netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" static 192.168.1.153 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1 1
netsh interface ip set dns "Local Area Connection" static 192.168.1.1

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212245-local-area-connection-ip-conflict-before-connect-dial-up.html
Relevancy 46.01%

suddenly my wireless internet connection went and it says "local area connection adapter is not connecting properly". My computer model is HP G5120UK and tried to download drivers from the HP website but nothing worked. can anyone help me?

A:Local area connection not working - only able to connect wired only

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Does the Adapter show in the Device Manager ? ...

Which Drivers did you download from the HP Website ? ...
Read the Link below and see if any of the Solutions help ...
Troubleshoot network connection problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/376708-local-area-connection-not-working-only-able-connect-wired-only.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm X Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM- AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard HP F Antivirus None I can not connect to my wireless network from my laptop I ve tried researching and trying so many different options but have had no results I m not very tech Only from can internet to not laptop my connect Local wireless Access savy and am tired of getting no results so thought I may be able to get help from here I am able to connect to the internet by plugging the ethernet cord into my laptop but my wireless connection shows quot unidentified quot and Local Access Only can not connect to wireless internet from my laptop says quot local access only quot I don t believe it s my router though because we use our phones ipad and wireless printer with no problems I m going to include what showed up after I did something I saw in another post on this site so that maybe it will help I have an HP laptop Windows Vista -bit OS and belkin router Hopefully someone can help me Windows IP Configuration Host Name AAPC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F-E - E- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c a f b f f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday August AM Lease Expires Sunday August AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-F - -A - - E- - -B -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - -B -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a e b e eb f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday August AM Lease Expires Tuesday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-F - -A - - E- - -B -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Local Access Only can not connect to wireless internet from my laptop

the Atheros AR5007 adapter on vista has given a lot of problems over the years here
the most common fix is to use the driver from the atheros website

heres the full details

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007

Over the last couple of years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

The majority of fixes are via installing a new driver from either the Manufacturers website see item (2) and if that does not resolve the issue then from the atheros web site - see item (3)

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 3) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems

--- 4) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Please post a reply here , and keep us informed of the situation and how you finally resolved the issue.

To install the driver you will need to do the following

Extract the downloaded zip file into a folder on the PC
then

> Start Globe
> Control Panel
> System and maintenance
> Scroll down to Device manager
> network adaptors, click on the + >
> Right click on the AR5007(EG) Adapter
> click on Update Driver Software...
> click on Browse my computer for driver software
> let me pick from a lis... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-access-only-can-not-connect-to-wireless-internet-from-my-laptop.1105716/
Relevancy 46.01%

How do I connect to internet using Local Area connection? I only access internet via wireless connection. With Local Area connection, IPv4 and IPv6 do not have internet access.

Connection-specific DNS Suffix:
Description: Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller
Physical Address: &#8206;00-25-64-6C-2F-D8
DHCP Enabled: No
IPv4 Address: 172.16.70.120
IPv4 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
IPv4 Default Gateway: 172.16.70.1
IPv4 DNS Server: 172.16.70.10
IPv4 WINS Server:
NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled: Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address: fe80::36:1641:a5c7:8968%11
IPv6 Default Gateway:
IPv6 DNS Server:

Relevancy 46.01%

I have a lenova laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium SP I have a comman Wireless internet connection in my hostel my Vista Local Problem connect to Primary unable ( to Only DNS) friends were able to use it but i am unable to access the internet Its a unsecured wireless connection I am able to connect to the network but it says quot Local only quot Once I repair it its saying quot cannot Vista Local Only Problem ( unable to connect to Primary DNS) connect to the primary DNS quot The Wireless details are below gt gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kramms-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List MegaPanda Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix MegaPanda Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - C-BF- F-E -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f a a b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Fast Ethernet Physical Address - B- -A - - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - D-D -EC-D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Any help please

A:Vista Local Only Problem ( unable to connect to Primary DNS)

Hi guys!!!!!! Finally I am able to brows Internet !! I just restarted my Modem and router...and now i am able to access internet..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-local-only-problem-unable-to-connect-to-primary-dns-275233.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I'm new to asking a question so here it goes nbsp nbsp I just upgraded from Vista x to Win x on an HP b Laptop I used to be able to connect to my home network internet both Wired ethernet and Wireless A few months ago I via Area Wired can't connect Ethernet... "Local Connection", No needed to connect with an ethernet cable I usually use wireless and I couldn't I looked in Network amp Sharing there wasn't a Local Area Connection listed just Wireless and Bluetooth and the same thing in Device Manager I tried to find LAN amp Chipset drivers on HP's site but was unsuccessful I upgraded to Win Home Premium x hoping that they'd be there with the new OS but it's the same thing only Wireless and no Ethernet No "Local Area Connection", can't connect via Wired Ethernet... nbsp I'm not even sure what kind of LAN Ethernet adapter controller I've got No "Local Area Connection", can't connect via Wired Ethernet... pretty sure it's a Broadcomm I know that it's on the motherboard and it used to work really I'd really appreciate any help I can get Thanks nbsp PH

A:No "Local Area Connection", can't connect via Wired Ethernet...

Hi: You should be able to use the Vista drivers for the ethernet. This package provides the Ethernet drivers for the Broadcom NICs in the supported notebook models and supported Microsoft Windows Vista Operating Systems (both 32- and 64-bit editions). Try manually installing the driver if the auto install doesn't work. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp35001-35500/sp35379.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-quot-Local-Area-Connection-quot-can-t-connect-via-Wired/td-p/5633180
Relevancy 46.01%

Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 Build 6002
Communications Dell Wireless 1390 Wlan Mini Card Rev 3.6
McAfee Virus Scan Ver 99.9.99 McAfee Firewall Ver 10.15.106.0
Router Cradel Point MBR-1000
Ran Connection Dagnostics all ok except Internet IP Ping Failed

Error message.
The wireless router/ap for your network is working but your computer is not able to use an ip address to connect to the internet. You will not be able to connect to the internet although you might be able to connect to your local network. Contact your network administrator or wireless,ap installer for assistance.

I can use this pc wireless on other routers with no problems.
I can connect to internet using ethernet cable connected to the Cradle Point router

Any help graeat appreciated.

Relevancy 46.01%

Have a USB wireless WiFi unit. To connect to the Internet. Have to disable the Local Area Connection. When connected to the Internet. If I enable the Local Area Connection. Unable to connect to the Internet. When I disable the LAC, the Internet connection is restablished. Using a D-Link boradband VPN router.

A:Wireless Network Connection will only connect to Internet if Lcl Area Connect disable

sounds about right! Your big issue will be the VPN, as it is frequently specifically
config'd to use a specific adaptor AND to force all tcp traffic thru that connection,
even though you want to do some trivial google.com search.

Consider using a Hardware Profile to define
1) a LAN connection environment (ie no WiFi)
2) a WiFi environment (w/o a LAN)

the choice occurs at boot time and the hardware is enabled/disabled per
the profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-will-only-connect-to-internet-if-lcl-area-connect-disable.74628/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a lenovo u running windows a couple of days ago it seemed my computer was infected with something giving a series of security warnings I had not seen before not av security suite It slowed the computer down for a few minutes After closing these messages there seemed the to infection, possible connect connect does can but internet router/wireless not to now network, to be no problem but then my computer was no longer connect to the internet It connects to our router wireless network but not to the internet I tried resetting and unplugging the router and the modem but still no luck We have two other computers possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet on the same network that are connecting to both the network and the internet I tried running rkill and malwarebytes twice and no malicious items were detected I restored the computer to an possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet earlier point - days earlier On the toolbar in the bottom right of the taskbar it possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet shows a white signal bars with a quot quot inside a yellow triangle If I click on the network button it states it is quot connected quot to the network It describes the connection as quot excellent quot - bars Above the display of the available networks it states quot currently connected to Unidentified network No Internet access quot I am not computer savvy and have not run into this problem before Thanks for your time and help

A:possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwarePlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for trac... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396665/possible-infection-now-can-connect-to-routerwireless-network-but-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 45.58%

She keeps loosing connection then has to wait until network - connect wireless still home connect/doesn't win 7 looses it decides it can connect again She would wait about five minutes and then click on something and would gain access http www sevenforums com network-s reconnect html the symptom has been occurring for at least a month and more We are on a wireless still looses connect/doesn't connect - win 7 wireless home network network Uverse and have not had any problems with this still looses connect/doesn't connect - win 7 wireless home network wireless network One thing i notice is that her icon for the connect shows one less bar than mine shows I should be the same they are both HP machines and sit in the same spot when it is not connected and the icon is clicked it does not show our connect name as an option Sometimes rebooting solves the problem sometimes clicking 'connect' does It will work for a while and then she looses the connect I am not sure that her problems started when she got that quot conduit quot search malware I had only partially removed it it was still resident when another tab on her firefox was opened Yesterday i found some additional information to remove the settings from registry and thought that had cured it But apparently it did not we are now back to the disconnect problem last i tried it it wouldn't even connect on restart Right now she is saying that its been doing pretty well for about five minutes Probably wont last long I don't really know why this all started I think it went back before the 'conduit' thing got installed She usually doesn't say anything to me she sits there and waits until it will connect so i don't always know what's going on Need suggestions as to look for settings to be changed etc By the way i got her repair disks and tried a repair its windows home and it decided there was nothing to repair Please help we are tearing our hair out - J

A:still looses connect/doesn't connect - win 7 wireless home network

How far away from your computers is the router? Also; have you tried to power cycle the modem and router? If not; i would try that. Unplug both the modem and router; wait about a minute; then plug in the modem first; let that boot; then plug the router back in and let that boot. Try doing that and see if it helps the situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/324656-still-looses-connect-doesnt-connect-win-7-wireless-home-network.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi folks Been having a problem for a while with an acer aspire laptop in that whilst I can connect to our wireless network I can t connect to the internet It says I ve got local internet access - limited Can't to connectivity ipv4 local only - connect only access I Can't connect to internet - limited ipv4 connectivity - local only access ve tried to follow the steps on previous threads about this but to no avail Can't connect to internet - limited ipv4 connectivity - local only access I m using Vista have re-installed Kaspersky anti-virus uninstalled Norton Internet security and set windows firewall to be the firewall After renewing the winsock settings and restarting I noticed that I had no default gateway on the wifi settings and thought that might be the reason behind this all not working so I manually set the ip and dns ipv settings for that wireless network copying them from the LAN settings that worked But that hasn t fixed the problem hence posting here Here s the ipconfig all with a LAN connection that works and a wireless connection that doesn t C Users Sophie gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sophie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address - - D- - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e d d aa d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D-AB-E - - - -D -A - F-F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Broadcom x Integrated Controlle r Physical Address - -D -A - F-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f db e ed Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained June Lease Expires June Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D-AB-E - - - -D -A - F-F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap home Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Loca... Read more

A:Can't connect to internet - limited ipv4 connectivity - local only access

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-internet-limited-ipv4-connectivity-local-only-access.927755/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello!

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 - SP 1
Java Version 8 / Update 60 (Build 1.8.0_60-b27)

After the last Java update to Version 8 the local drives do not show up anymore when establishing an RDP connection. When I shut off Java it works.

I would be happy to get a work-around to this problem as we, unfortunately, still need Java for some applications.

Thanks a lot for any tips and tricks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380213-remote-desktop-does-not-connect-local-drives-after-java-update.html
Relevancy 45.15%

hello i am trying to connect to my fiances home network on my dell inspirion 8200 it connects fine at home with out having to configure anything, but at my fiances house its giving me problems the connection will pop up as soon as i click connect it tries to but then this comes up. unable to connect to selected network network may not be in range but the thing is that im right in front of the wireless router. someone please help

A:trying to connect to my home wireless network but it odesnt connect,

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-connect-to-my-home-wireless-network-but-it-odesnt-connect.1087684/
Relevancy 45.15%

Running Internet Explorer v.8
We have a computer at our office, that as of this morning, IE won't connect to any webpages. We've gone through the diagnostic tool - but the remedies it presents do not affect the problem.
Email (through Outlook 2007) connects fine and is receiving email fine.
All network drives can also be reached with no problems.

There is also no other computer in our office experiencing this problem.

I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone has. thx

A:Internet Explorer won't connect - but all other items connect to network

What error message are you getting using IE8?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-wont-connect-but-all-other-items-connect-to-network-410702.html
Relevancy 45.15%

whats the difference between network & local access. my internet says i'm "Currently Connetected to network 6 - Access Local & Internet"
Then it says i can "Connect to a Network & Sharing Center" which i dont. what does alll this mean?
it is an icon on the bottom of my screen.

Relevancy 45.15%

I posted a couple of days ago about my network access dropping from local amp internet to local to Local Fix Network no connection after Local Network Fix recently upgrading to vista I tried every solution othe people have posted on the net but my problem still persisted So last night I reinstalled vista and created a restore point after the st start-up I was able to use the internet without interruption for over hrs Then this morning windows Local Network Fix installed updates After the updates were installed my problem started again I went ahead and restored my computer to the st restore point and now it is working fine My fix to this problem is to not install any updates I know that it is not the proper fix but for anyone as frustrated with vista as i am this is a way to maintain your internet connection I am a newcomer to vista but I found out that this problem has been happening to other for years I can't understand why microsoft wont fix this problem If this post helps anyone else with the same problem please reply with your story

A:Local Network Fix

the problem with not updating vista is it leaves your operating system wide open to attack , thats exactly how conficker spread. An unpatched OS can make your firwall and AV next to useless

why dont you set your updates so they are not automatic , then pick the updates to install , install them one at a time run your pc for a while each time until you find the offending update

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/227799-local-network-fix.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have installed a router and have Two computers working on line right now I believe I have created a Network(HayesGroup) between the two computers,the problem is I have no idea how to log on to this Network or what a Network adapter is.The two computers show when I click on View all computers in this work group,but when I click on My wifes it says its unavailable thatI might not have permission to go there??allso"the network path was not found?????I have used the Network wizzard on both computers and it says its installed,How do I get to it??Does it show up like a Program or website in the Computer? How do I install a Network adator if I dont have one?

Relevancy 45.15%

I would like to start using a VPN service for better privacy while online However I have read that using a VPN client will block the local area network is this true I use local and VPN network a HTPC with a large RAID array to share media with my other devices and I want to still be able to access my local files via network drives while using VPN to browse the web Is this possible My current setup is the HTPC file server xbox and a workstation PC connected via ethernet to a dd-wrt router The VPN and local network dd-wrt router connects via WiFi to a VPN and local network primary router plugged into the modem The primary router also supplies WiFi to some phones I have WiFi adapters for the computers if that helps but I uninstalled them when I couldn t figure out how to get Windows to separate local file sharing over the faster ethernet and internet over WiFi I m pretty inexperienced at networking but am willing to try anything to make this work Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:VPN and local network

You'll have to do something called "split-tunneling" to access both the internet and LAN.
I don't know what operating system you have, and the steps to do this are different depending on the OS, so here are a few links to help you figure it out (I honestly have next to no experience in this area):
https://kb.meraki.com/knowledge_base/configuring-split-tunnel-client-vpn-on-windows-and-mac-os-x
http://bit.ly/1gfbVFi
http://web.stevens.edu/itwiki/w/index.php/VPN_on_Windows_7_-_Split_Tunneling
http://web.stevens.edu/itwiki/w/index.php/VPN_on_Windows_XP_with_Split_Tunneling

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-and-local-network.1126145/
Relevancy 45.15%

I cannot join the second party on command and concor 3 when playing on network. I receive a message states "request time out"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-network.782138/
Relevancy 45.15%

In the last day my computer has disappeared from my local network. i have itunes home sharing and folders i share from this computer but suddenly gone. It is a problem with the firewall because when i turn it off it works right. i DID NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES IN THE FIREWALL AT ALL. someone please help. Running windwows 8.1 64 bit. The only AV i am running is windows defender

A:Local Network

In the Windows Firewall, left pane, did you try to Troubleshoot my network or Restore Defaults.

Also verify in Device Manager if any problems showing up for your Network Adapter and are your drivers up to date.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/47922-local-network.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My HP laptop with windows XP OS will not connect to the internet as long as the local network connection is connected, this trend just started recently, the local network is connected to two Toshiba Cash registers for Polling/ price changes.

A:Local Network

Do you connect through a router (and is the other nodes on the network connected to the same router?)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/local-network-666439.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have two computers that I would like to have FTP between.

One with Windows Vista 64bit
Another with Ubuntu 9.10

What kinds of steps do I need to go through to get files from my Vistas HDD to the Ubuntu's HDD.

A:FTP over local network

Quote: Originally Posted by Focksie

I have two computers that I would like to have FTP between.

One with Windows Vista 64bit
Another with Ubuntu 9.10

What kinds of steps do I need to go through to get files from my Vistas HDD to the Ubuntu's HDD.

The fastest way -- FTPDMIN: Minimal ad-hoc file transfer Windows FTP server Windows 7 will alert you that it's listening on the FTP ports but that's what you want right? Make note of the IP address it's listening on and make sure that's the address on your local network you want.

Then just use your favorite FTP client in Ubuntu...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/89522-ftp-over-local-network.html
Relevancy 44.72%

When I open Steam and then attempt to connect to a server I get a quot Game is not available Please Try Again Later quot notice followed by systemantic telling me I have quot Static quot Originally there was nothing in alerts box only an icon above it saying Static but now it pops up with tmp tmp and tmp It says they are Trojans and that they were quarantined but everytime I attempt to connect to a server it gives me the same message I ran a system scan and it does not detect anything but then when to created connect Steam Trojans attempting to local settings/temp after in being I try to connect to a server it goes off again Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Trojans being created in local settings/temp after attempting to connect to Steam Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nTrayFw exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcLog exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Computer Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www penny-arcade com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run NVMixerTray quot C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exe quot O - HKLM Run nTrayFw C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nTrayFw exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run POINTER point exe O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun J... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojans-being-created-in-local-settings-temp-after-attempting-to-connect-to-steam.593410/
Relevancy 44.72%

This just happened out of nowhere yesterday morning My local "Network a - internet? to the network to not Connected 7" but Solved: roommate was using her laptop with no issues until suddenly the connection cut out She tried reconnecting but had no luck so she waited still no signal She was able to see our network name but it would not allow her to connect to it Same thing when I tried my laptop I could see it scanning wi-fi and showed available connections including our own but it wouldn t let me connect The desktop in our home office has internet The modem is showing all the proper lights flashing indicating there is ethernet DSL and internet When we open our laptops and get a signal even for a brief moment it kills the connection on the desktop and all lights on the modem go off except the power light which starts flashing slowly Totally loses connection As soon as we close the laptop the connection comes back on the desktop I noticed that the icon in the Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet? tray that indicates connectivity the two computer monitors flashing blue back and forth looks different than normal There is no little globe in Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet? front of them there are just two monitors and there is usually a globe showing internet access So I clicked it and it says we re connected to quot Network quot Access local So I took a screen shot of this What is going on can someone help me out I have no idea what to do but we need internet on the Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet? laptops If you need any more information from me feel free to ask Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-to-network-7-a-local-network-but-not-to-the-internet.1073683/
Relevancy 44.29%

I recently purchased a new HP laptop with built in wireless adapter. While setting up this PC I connected to my wireless network just fine to update the windows operating system, (Vista Home Premium).

A few days later I upgraded my desktop PC which is connected to the router with a cable from XP Media Edition to Windows Vista Home Premium.

Now, when I turn on my new laptop it will only connect to my wireless network "locally" and not connect to the Internet.

Nothing has changed with my router.

What gives? I can't make it work.

William

Relevancy 44.29%

If I have three computers on local network and only one has internet access will this update all machines on local network?

A:Updates on Local Network

Yeah - this is a great option. It does not entirely stop getting stuff from internet as it is basically a torrent system, but is much faster and much reduces download demand

A torrent system basically extacts bits of a file from multiple sources, so each serving pc does not have to upload whole file (uploading usually being slower than downloading), and receiving pc glues it all together again. So you might get 5 pcs uploading a fifth each of the file at the same time, and pc can download all five parts simultaneously as download is usually several times faster than upload. It actually works in much smaller increments, but the principle is the same.

I always update my fast pc first, leaving my other slower devices switched off. Then I turn on other devices, and you see the hdd flicking away as it serves the updates to the other devices.

Do not enable last option as it will 'steal' bandwidth from you.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/41718-updates-local-network.html
Relevancy 44.29%

So, here is the problem. I have two laptops I am working on. The gentleman who owns the laptops recently got an air port router for his macs. Well, the two HPs that he has, both of their wireless cards stopped connecting to his network. Nor, will the connect to mine. If I connect it through Ethernet, the internet works great. If I connect it through wireless, local only every time.

I need help to resolve this issue. I have tried renewing the ip address. Disabled the IPv6. Uninstalled Norton in case it had a block on it. Disabled firewall temporarily. Uninstalled all Air Port files. I am absolutely boggled on what this guy could have done.

If it means anything, he is running vista on both of them.

Relevancy 44.29%

how can i manage vlc on one network to another
it is http interface something

A:remotely use vlc on local network

Which is it, local network or one network to another and if the latter, is it via the Internet or still local?

Remote on a local network is a snap. After assigning a static local I.P. to all server machines if you haven't already (not needed if you use machine name instead), share the folders you want to serve and just open them across the network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remotely-use-vlc-on-local-network.645538/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi-

I am hoping someone has run across this and can offer some advice
My printing worked fine up till a few weeks ago.
I have removed and unintalled the printers, drivers and packages.
Rebooted my laptop
Went to vendor website and downloaded latest drivers
Installed printer first as local LPT1 with the latest drivers from previous step
added port, a TCP/IP port and provided the static IP address reserved for this printer.

When I try to print a test page it sends to printer and after about a minute the print queue
will show "error printing" and that is it.

Print spooler is set to automatic and started
no other jobs are in print queue at time I send the test page

Thanks in advance for any help, tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/385393-printing-local-network.html
Relevancy 44.29%

If am trying to share files / printer between to Win 7 computers on the same network. From one of the computers neither the homegroup or the network will work. I can see the other computer in the homegroup but I can't access the files.

With network, it tells me the network provider name is invalid. I will not even allow me to access the network folders on the local machine.

The machine has a single administrator account. I think that there is something wrong with the administrator privileges, but I am not sure what.

I have tried most of the things mention in this forum to right the problem, but nothing works. There was a suggestion to scan the system files for corrupted or broken files. It writes a log file at the end of this process. I couldn't examine the file because there is something wrong with my administrator privileges.

So HELP please.

A:Local Network Issue

Hi there,

If you're sure that the Homegroup in your network is setup correctly try creating a new account as Administrator from the problematic computer and see if you're able to access the shared network resources. Compare the ipconfig/all output of this computer to another working computer. If there's any discrepancies please post both ipconfig/all output in your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/318730-local-network-issue.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Does anyone know if there is a way to setup a log that shows what people have downloaded from my local network, and what their computer name is? It isn't a big deal, but would be kind of nice to see what certain people wanted.

A:Log for local network sharing

I think you should find an app from Network Information Tools - TotalShareware Software Archive

If you want to go overkill - check out the ultimate network analyzer: The Ethereal Network Analyzer. I was quite amazed of how much information is being transferred all the time on LAN.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/log-for-local-network-sharing.2785/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a small network of four desktops and two laptops. One of my laptops, an IBM Think pad X40 cannot access the workgroup. It cannot even see itself, I time out and get an error if I try to view the workgroup.

"Workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available."

All the other PCs function fine. This has really got my stumped and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Ive tried everything I can think of short of reformatting. I've reinstalled in hardware drivers, I've reinstalled all the client-service-protocol stuff in network connections, I've enabled and disabled firewalls, set it as the DMZ host on the router. Ive used both wired and wireless connections. I've gone through the wireless setup wizard probably 15 times now. I am totally baffled as to what is causing this.

A:Cannot see other computers on local network.

Forgot to mention: Other computers can see the name of the IBM Laptop on the network but cannot access it with a network path not found error. And the Internet works fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-see-other-computers-on-local-network-45345.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Is there a command prompt command to run a file within a network? Such as shutdown -i [localip] etc..

A:Run a file within a local network

One does not "run a file". Open can "open" a file, but that's executing an application and telling it to open that file.

Perhaps if you were more specific about what you mean.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/17127-run-file-within-local-network.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I recently had to re-install Windows XP (SP2) on my Dell 5150 Laptop. I have not been able to get my internet connection to work since the re-install. I have plugged the cable into my network card in the computer and the light that comes on is orange and not green. I know the cable and internet connection work fine because I use that same connection/cable on my desktop computer with no problems. I recently used this same port on my laptop not more than a week ago with no glitches. I have gone to Network Connections in the control panel and there is no Local Area Connection icon being displayed. There is a 1394 Connection and a Wireless Network Connection icon displayed but no LAN connection. I do not have a wireless Network connection so I am unable to use that. Please let me know what you think about why I do not have a LAN connection.

Thanks!

A:Local Area Network

Did you install your network controller and driver?

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-network.699501/