Windows Support Forum

server 2003 folder redirection and security policys

Q: server 2003 folder redirection and security policys

i have a server running on 2003 and 14 clients i have tried configuring folder redirection but the foldders are not being redirected to the same folder. i partitioned my hard disk on the server and i redirect them to the partion named shared. is it a must to follow the UNC (universal naming convention)

i also want to create a OU named students that i will be able to set security settings for this OU like when to log in and what options they can get and what they cant do on the network

all the clients run windows XP service pack 2.
1. i want the olders to be redirected to one location
2. i want any user to log on on any client machine and be able to get the same settings as configured when he last logged on
please help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: server 2003 folder redirection and security policys

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 94.17%

Good day all from the high arctic I just installed a server in our school running windows SP I have created user accounts for all the students and set them up with roaming profiles active directory I think that is what it is called The problem is that my students do not like to wait the min to login So I started reading about folder redirection Sounds easy Open File Server Management create a shared folder called users Set the share permissions to full control for Everyone open Active Directory Users and Computers Right click the domain and go to properties click on the Group Policy tab this is where I have questions I have been just editing the Default Domain Policy is this right Edit the Policy go to -User config -Windows Settings -Folder Redirection Then I right click My Documents On the Target tab I select Advance - Specify locations for various user groups Then Click Add entered the name of redirection Folder 2003 windows server the group testI have a user called test t who is a member of the test group I selected Create Folder redirection windows 2003 server a folder for each user under the root path and for the root path I enter servername users then click ok So then what I mean what is supposed Folder redirection windows 2003 server to happen I log into a computer with my test t account and the roaming profile works fine BUT nothing happens to My Documents Am I missing something or am I just to simple to figure this out or is the fact that it is snowing out causing some ID- T error Help please nbsp

A:Folder redirection windows 2003 server

* When you try to save something to my documents does it get copied over to the folder on the server?
* What happens when you right-click the My Documents folder and go to properties?
* Whats your OU structure like?
* Where is the user?

No sure what guide you followed but take a look at these

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/ar...e-Folder-Redirection-Windows-Server-2003.html
http://www.msterminalservices.org/articles/Configure-Folder-Redirection.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-redirection-windows-2003-server.746914/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi Sys Windows Pro 8.1, and redirection Microsoft 2003 Windows folder server, clients attached to MS server domain yes I know its best to have a higher win server version with but i do not have that currently Ok so the problem is that roaming profiles and folder redirection work but on only SOME of the windows clients How can these both work fine on only SOME of my essentially identical workstations I realize that I need different Profile types for the different OS's I have applied the V registry edit and created Windows 8.1, Microsoft 2003 server, and folder redirection a V default profile in my sysvol directory on the DC so that the workstations get a proper V starting profile All PC's are in same OU container My GPO's for roaming profiles and folder redirection have not changed from my XP workstations Windows server domain controller So I create a new user and log into one of the win client machines on my Windows 8.1, Microsoft 2003 server, and folder redirection local lan Wow profile works V created in the profile share redirection works perfectly So Windows 8.1, Microsoft 2003 server, and folder redirection I log out I then remote to an identical PC across my wan Log in as same user and it works fine get the redirected desktop and profile But now the fun begins I log out to complete the profile quot swap quot back to the server I try to log back in and the disaster starts Yes I have triple checked my permissions on all shares etc I get the quot DESKTOP cannot be loaded error quot Logs show REDIRECTION SUCCESSFUL for my desktop What the I have received the quot redirection gpo not applied till next login quot log but it is intermittent Its like the OS does does not know it nose from its butt How can my desktop be redirected successfully and I get a message that my DESKTOP IS NOT AVAILABLE So I go back to my local lan machine and try logging in as this same user IT WORKS FINE OVER AND OVER AGAIN Does anyone have any clue how I can get my roaming profiles and folder redirection to work normally with my Win clients on my MS domain server I think I've blow a gasket on this one Thanks much Mark

A:Windows 8.1, Microsoft 2003 server, and folder redirection

I find hot fixes that seem to relate to this problem.

Incompatibility between Windows 8 roaming user profiles and roaming profiles in other versions of Windows

Windows 8.1 V3 Roaming Profiles

Windows 8 and 8.1 now has another version of roaming profiles which are incompatible with the Windows Vista/7 versions (Incompatibility between Windows 8 roaming user profiles and roaming profiles in other versions of Windows). As of the November 2013 Windows 8.1 update there is now a registry key you can set to spawn a .v3 profile to avoid conflicts with older versions of the profile. This registry key is a DWORD Value called “UseProfilePathExtensionVersion” with a value of “1″ and needs to be created under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlset\Services\ProfSvc\Parameters key. This can be then be deployed using the Group Policy Preferences Registry Extension that is targeted to the Windows 8.1 Computers.

Source: How to configure Roaming Profiles and Folder Redirection

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45618-windows-8-1-microsoft-2003-server-folder-redirection.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi I am having an issue Folder issue, Offline 7 Win Client Flie Server. Server 2003 sync with offline files created offline syncing back to the server I have set up a network share to be available offline on a client computer All files are available offline without Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server. issue Here is the issue however If I set the folder to work offline any file I create in the folder when it is offline just disappears when the folder comes back online there are no conflicts or sync failures reported in sync center If I create a new folder offline the folder does sync back to the server Any changes made to an existing file are also replicated back to the server once the share is back online So the issue is only with newly created files when the share is offline I have not been able to replicate this error on any other file server in our environment However I have recreated the issue with multiple shares with multiple Win clients on this file server Steps taken so far Checked and reset permission levels on the share Recreated new shares from scratch for testing Disabled and enabled offline files on the client computer and cleared the offline cache Check various registry entry settings Disabled cashing on the File server Tested with XP the issue does not exist with XP I have spent hours researching this error online to no avail The clients are running Windows Enterprise bit The File server is Server Standard bit with SP Any help or ideas would be most welcome

A:Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server.

I've seen the complaints about this problem but with no clear resolution. There are some hot fixes listed that may help, updating to Windows 7 SP1 is supposed to help in some cases but nothing seems for certain.

No way for me to recreate this problem but apparently others have the same problem.

Offline created files disappear after re-connect

Browse by Tags - The troubleshooters and problem solvers... - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Administratively assigned offline files on Win7 client disappear from server (Network Steve Forum)

The Group Policy settings in the next link may have an effect on this problem.

http://mcpmag.com/articles/2003/11/0...ine-files.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278175-offline-folder-sync-issue-win-7-client-server-2003-flie-server.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I am running XP machines and a windows 2000 server. I can create a group policy and apply it to my users in active directory on the domain and the only domain controller! But when it comes to logging onto a XP machine - and on a domain based user account - this group policy will not appliy - however many times i log in and out. It sounds to me like the policy isnt being taken notice of on a XP PRO machine!
This policy i have set up is a blank one and not one of defult etc. Although i have tried everything - but not everything, as it doesn't work.
Please i have been trying since Friday - anyone got any bright ideas?

A:XP not taking notice of group policys from windows 2000 server

Anybody?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-not-taking-notice-of-group-policys-from-windows-2000-server.394987/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi all,

I got a problem with a Server 2003 and computer with Vista Business 32bit.

Situation:
All user have a home folder on a Windows 2003 Server and I redirect the "My Documents" folder from Vista on this folder.

Problem:
When I look on the server the folder where the home folder are store, I see all folder for all user with the same name "Documents" and not the logon name from my user. Sample in the attached file. If I rename the folder "Documents" with something other all folder have after the same name again.

All computer with Windows XP do not make this problem, the folder name stay with the user logon name.

Can someone help me? Thanks

PS: I hope that my english is not to bad, I'm from Switzerland

A:All Home Folder on Server 2003 with same name

I'm getting the exact same issue. Did you find a resolution?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/183898-all-home-folder-server-2003-same-name.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi - we have a family business and run Windows Server 2003 (as a terminal server) into which each of our computers (2 standalone, 2 laptops) can run from.
Can anyone recommend a good antivirus and anti-malware-adware program, that is not too expensive?
Thanks, Rose

A:Server 2003 security

Hi Rose1957 I may be totally wrong here but I do try, but take a look here it may help. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177703/server-2003-security/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I am the IT support guy at a hospital and have started noticing that a few user logons have the ability to access all of the folders on the network share It appears that they have Domain Admin access I have checked permissions and these users do not belong to groups that have been given access to the folder I have covered what I believe to be the basics folder permissions users permissions group permissions inheritance etc but the IT manager and myself have run out of Inappropriate access Server folder 2003 Win on ideas I realise I can add the users that I have noticed to all folders on the network share and expressly deny them access but this will do nothing to any other users that also have this quirk that I have not picked up on yet Is there any area I am not looking at and is there a way to discover if any other users also have incorrect access without the need of testing every user about at last count The hospital is running Win Server and the client machines are a mixture of Win and Win XP Any ideas would be gratefully received Thanks Inappropriate folder access on Win Server 2003 nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inappropriate-folder-access-on-win-server-2003.775496/
Relevancy 64.07%

Dear all ,

i have a windows Xp professional (service pack 2) hp notebook joined to server 2003 domain. Every morning when the user boots up the notebook she can connect to the share drive on the server but doesnt see any of the folders... she will only see it after a restart of the computer...can anyone tell me why that might be the case ?

thanxs in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/shared-folder-on-windows-2003-server-388587.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello,

I run a Windows 2003 server at home which hosts my website and email.

I have a number of security precautions in place and wondered if there was any more I could do.

Im using a Dreytek router too.

I have noticed recently that the server has been playing up and acting strange. I was just wondering if it could be a security breech or something.

Any ideas from the world?

Thank you

Relevancy 63.64%

Well I got two questions really, is there a way I can do things like block people who login from using run, task manager, Off button. I know I can change all this sort of stuff by editing reg values on each of the computers but is there a way to do it from the server. If it is possible to apply these rules to certain user groups it would also be really useful.

How do I turn off the password rules? you know the way windows will only accept the password if it has a caps letter and numbers and so forth, I find these rules fairly annoying and I do not need this much security.

Thanks in advance

A:Win Server 2003 R2, security question

Local Security Polices
Group Polices these too areas are found in all versions of Windows OS client or server they're in the Admin Tools in the Control Panel There is a free sotware that you can use can disable of of these features...

Can try this
http://www.kood.org

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-server-2003-r2-security-question.90838/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello everybody. We have a Windows 2000 server based domain. Recently we installed Windows Server 2003 x64 R2 edition to a new server and added this server to the domain only as a member server. On this w2k3 server we have several shared directories for all domain users. The problem we have is that though everything seems to be working fine, but after some time domain users cannot access those shared folders at all or the server takes a very long time to react. W2k3 server has SP2 and all of the available updates applied. EventViewer does not show any error messages and there seems to be no problem with the server, because when you log on directly everything looks fine the system doesn't crash or smth. Afer restart of the server everything works again for several hours until the problem appears again. What could be causing this problem with shared folders?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-shared-folder-problem.684450/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi there,

Is there a way to see the current windows audits that have been set up in a sort of list/log? Basically a new client of ours wants to remove all the audits currently running that are not needed. Due to the large number of audits set up by thier previous support company the event viewer fills up too fast for us see all the audits currently active.

If anyone has a suggestion it would be appreciated.

A:Audit Server 2003 [moved from Security]

I've started on the "disable what you can find in the event viewer" part, but having to call in the person in charge of this each time we find another one seems abit of a hassle for thier company and I'm looking for ways to minimize the time he has to spend with us to sort this problem out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audit-server-2003-moved-from-security-227276.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I WANT TO HIDE DRIVES SO THAT ONLY USERS EXCEPT ADMINISTRATOR CANNOT ACCES THE DRIVES FROM MY COMPUTER OR EXPLORE. I TRY THIS USING gpedit.msc BUT IT WORKS FOR ALL USERS INCLUDING ADMINISTRAOR. I WANT TO MAKE DIFFERENT UI SETTING FOR EACH USER.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-security-in-windows-2003-server.707631/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hospital domain with 2003 server and terminal services. A user was checking e-mail and infection came up as security center, emulating vista or win 7 look. she ctrl alt deleted and ended task and called me. ran a scan on server and got trojan.bho, Worm.KoobFace and Hijack.ControlPanelStyle using updated Malware bytes and am now running registered version of Superantispyware.

I Ran Hijack this but have done nothing yet but save log. This Domain is not set up exactly by one person so i am sure there are holes. I am putting a sonicwall in.

What should I do?

Thanks,
Jimmy

A:2003 server r2 infected with security virus

Post the SUPER scan log please.Then run FixExe.regFixExe.reg ....click Run when the box opensRKill....Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 2Link 3Link 4Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again.Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.How is it running now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309474/2003-server-r2-infected-with-security-virus/
Relevancy 62.78%

Dear All,
I have a Windows 2003 Server machine which is connected in the LAN. It is used to access Internet too. The machine is not used to work in a client-server architecture.
I want to know which Antivirus software should I install to protect it from all kinds of viruses, spyware, trojan, worms and other malicious programs?
Best regards,
Yps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213082/security-protection-for-windows-2003-server/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi All Windows Expert,

I have a Windows Server 2003, Win7Pro desktop A (User: John) and Win7Pro desktop B (User: Mary). 2003 sharing to Everyone has no problem. But I am stuck in this situation. I want John can Read & Write all files in 2003 folder (C:/testing) , Mary can only Read it.
They are in the same workgroup, Win Svr 2003 already added John & Mary user account, they have same password. In the folder(C:/testing) sharing setting & security setting, I have set John to Full Control, removed Everyone on both settings. But I still get this message when I click on the folder in desktop A (John) - Windows cannot access , You do not have permission to access.
Did I miss something? If I can't solve this, I can't move on Mary side.

I would be grateful if someone can provide any suggestion,
Thanks,

A:How to share folder (Win Server 2003) to specific people (Win7)?

You have Server 2003, but do you have a Domain ?? Let's start there since that's the easiest way to get the granularity you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335274-how-share-folder-win-server-2003-specific-people-win7.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I m guessing this is a network issue it may not be We have several HP MFPs They all have quot scan to network folder quot enabled They were easy to set up and have been working fine In May we upgraded migrated to Windows servers All these MFPs were Possible Windows 2003 Server to with Scan folder Issue function MFP moved settings changed and again have been working fine This week for some reason none of them can scan to a network folder anymore They are all still printing and emailing but cannot quot find quot the network folder to send scans to I can ping the printer the WINS server is set right The printer uses a generic userid and when Possible Windows Server 2003 Issue with MFP Scan to folder function you sign on to a computer using that id you can get to the shared folder used for scanned files So the access is good permissions are right All these printers are getting the same error even though the all scan Possible Windows Server 2003 Issue with MFP Scan to folder function to different folders on the same server The server they scan to was rebooted on Sunday night Monday was the first day none of them could access the shared folders any more I cannot figure out what happened Nothing else was changed just a reboot Any ideas nbsp

A:Possible Windows Server 2003 Issue with MFP Scan to folder function

hmmm... now that sounds familiar. I don't have the solution for you but I have the same problem with a canon imagerunner scanning to a 2003 server. Spent a couple of hours at it, very simple feature but the server wouldn't allow it. Had to scan to a computer based print server and setup scan to email for the time being.

Had there been any microsoft updates that came down from microsoft before the reboot of the server? Is this a 2003 server? sp1 or sp2? Firewall didn't come on did it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-windows-server-2003-issue-with-mfp-scan-to-folder-function.493489/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hiya Sticking this Guide Exchange Hardening Server Security 2003 for a week as its a Exchange Server 2003 Security Hardening Guide Security thing Read the entire Exchange Server Security Hardening Guide online or download the Exchange Server Security Hardening Guide This guide is designed to provide you with essential information about how to harden your Exchange Server environment In addition to practical hands-on configuration recommendations this guide includes strategies for combating spam viruses and other external threats to your Exchange messaging system Important Since the previous version of this guide was released the following new topics have been added and are available only online Running Exchange Server Clusters in a Security-Hardened Environment How to Run Exchange Server Clusters in a Security-Hardened Environment Supported Operating Systems Windows Windows Service Pack Windows Service Pack Windows Service Pack Windows Windows NT Windows Server Windows XP The file is a Microsoft Word document Users who do not have Microsoft Word can view this document through the downloadable Word Viewer http www microsoft com downloads f-e c - aef- a - db b amp DisplayLang en Regards eddie nbsp

A:Exchange Server 2003 Security Hardening Guide

Unsticking now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-server-2003-security-hardening-guide.379704/
Relevancy 60.63%

how to remove trojan virus in windows which can'y be deleted by
trend micro office scan

A:how to configure security setting in internet explorer in windows 2003 server

Hello and welcome to TSF

I would recommend that you go here; read and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, to here. (Just click on the coloured links.)

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.
Good luck

Please also remember DO NOT post your logs in this thread, please start a new thread here. (Just click on the coloured link.) and post the logs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/how-to-configure-security-setting-in-internet-explorer-in-windows-2003-server-255444.html
Relevancy 60.63%

In our 2003 server, internet explorer opens one security window for each website I visit. And I have to move it to trusted websites before it actually opens. Is there anyway I can disable it?

A:[SOLVED] disable IE security trusted website window in 2003 server

You could put in trusted sites as a wildcard which would take care of the whole domain i.e. *.techsupportforum.com. I don't think you mean you want to disable enhanced security, but you can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-disable-ie-security-trusted-website-window-in-2003-server-601882.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello We have a Windows server running Exchange This 2003 Windows security Server 2000 question Exchange running server sits inside a local domain but receives its mail from an outside domain That sounds confusing but it was easiest during our migration after being purchased We are trying to create public folders that our sales group can access in Exchange but the security settings for each user always Windows 2000 Server running Exchange 2003 security question change to whatever the Default users permissions are For example we set up users with Author permissions and the Default we set to None When we did this none of the users could see the folder So we changed the settings for the default to Reviewer and left the other users as Author They could then see the folder but they only had reviewer Windows 2000 Server running Exchange 2003 security question privileges Does anyone know a way that we can restrict access to this folder Any time that we give the Default any permissions than Windows 2000 Server running Exchange 2003 security question anyone in the company can access this folder We don t want that to happen Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I have a set of 5 machines - 2 desktops (one being a thin client and the other to function as a 'server' ) and 3 notebooks. I was wondering what was the difference b/w the 2 versions Windows Server 2003 and Windows Small Business Server 2003. Is it true one cannot use a thin client but need a regular cpu setup to use Small Business Server 2003 ?

There is a difference in costs and since i have windows 2000 on the desktops and xp on the notebooks wondered if i needed to shell out so much more $$ for the Windows Server 2003 . I plan to put in a wireless networking system to link all the 5 machines.

Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

S

A:Solved: Difference b/w Windows Server 2003 and Small Business Server 2003

Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server has the following restrictions:
- Only one computer in a domain can be running Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server.
- Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server must be the root of the Active DirectoryŽ forest.
- Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server cannot trust any other domains.
- A Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server domain cannot have any child domains.
- Each additional server must have a Windows Small Business Server 2003 client access license (CAL). You can use CALs for each user or for each device.
The standard edition of Windows Small Business Server 2003 includes Windows Server 2003 technologies, including fax service, firewall service, and remote-access service. Additionally, it includes Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, enhanced tools for server monitoring and administration, and an out-of-the-box solution for internal Web sites. The standard edition is ideal for customers who do not require the higher-level functionality included in the premium edition

The premium edition includes everything in the standard edition, plus Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000, and Microsoft FrontPageŽ 2003. The premium edition is ideal for small businesses with more demanding IT needs, such as data-intensive line-of-business applications, or advanced firewall and Web-caching capabilities

The standard edition has most of the stuffs inside.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-b-w-windows-server-2003-and-small-business-server-2003.287187/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I have a set of 5 machines - 2 desktops (one being a thin client and the other to function as a 'server' ) and 3 notebooks. I was wondering what was the difference b/w the 2 versions Windows Server 2003 and Windows Small Business Server 2003. Is it true one cannot use a thin client but need a regular cpu setup to use Small Business Server 2003 ?

There is a difference in costs and since i have windows 2000 on the desktops and xp on the notebooks wondered if i needed to shell out so much more $$ for the Windows Server 2003 . I plan to put in a wireless networking system to link all the 5 machines.

Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

S

A:Solved: Difference b/w Windows Server 2003 and Small Business Server 2003

ok i got the answer to this from another source.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-b-w-windows-server-2003-and-small-business-server-2003.286015/
Relevancy 55.9%

Security Update for Microsoft Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2572073) keeps saying it needs to install even after it's installed several times. I've used Microsoft's Mr. Fixit? and it says it repaired the Windows Update component and the update still says it needs to be installed. Any ideas? J.R.

A:Security Update for Microsoft Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2572073)

Hi, J.R.
Are the updates listed in Add/Remove Programs? Make sure the box is checked to include updates.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425732/security-update-for-microsoft-framework-20-sp2-on-windows-server-2003-and-windows-xp-x86-kb2572073/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hiya

The Threats and Countermeasures Guide contains detailed information about relevant security settings that can be configured on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP. This guide details the different threats, potential countermeasures, and the potential impact of configuring these settings.
System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003

Adobe Acrobat Reader
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...93-147a-4481-9346-f93a4081eea8&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/threats-and-countermeasures-security-settings-in-windows-server-2003-and-windows-xp.130617/
Relevancy 55.9%

This won't load for some reason and keeps popping up as an extremely important update and cant figure out why it wont install. Please help.
Thank you in advance!
Danny

A:Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Wi

Try temporarily disabling your antivirus application and if you have a third-party firewall installed, enable the Windows firewall temporarily but disable the third-party one.

This has solved the same problem for many other people according to what I've read elsewhere on other forums. Seems to be a common problem with Net Framework updates.

If this solves the problem and the update installs okay, you can re-enable your antivirus and third-party firewall, but remember to disable the Windows firewall as having two firewalls running together is not advisable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/security-update-for-microsoft-net-framework-4-on-windows-xp-windows-server-2003-wi-568676.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hiya

The Threats and Countermeasures Guide contains detailed information about relevant security settings that can be configured on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP. This guide details the different threats, potential countermeasures, and the potential impact of configuring these settings
System Requirements

Adobe Acrobat Reader
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...93-147a-4481-9346-f93a4081eea8&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/threats-and-countermeasures-security-settings-in-windows-server-2003-and-windows-xp.163803/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I am having very strange problem I am using Windows - Home Premium bit There is - Failed Redirection Only Folder Folder for Desktop only one user on this machine which is Administrator and this computer is not connected with any networks I am trying to move all of User s folders to D drive I have successfully moved My Pictures My Documents My Videos Contacts and other folders but when I try Folder Redirection Failed - Only for Desktop Folder to move quot Desktop quot folder it gives me an error message at the end of the operation after coping all the data to the new location that quot Folder Redirection Failed quot quot Operation was cancelled by the user quot I have tried to change the location several times for this Desktop folder but every time I do it I get this error message Now situation is Data from my Desktop is present in its default location but also copied to D Users MyName Desktop folder Means exactly the same data is placed on two different locations but default Desktop location is still at C drive Can anyone help that why I am unable to change my Desktop location P S I am trying to change the location by right clicking on Desktop folder in User s folder then Properties and then Location tab It s exactly the same way by which I moved all of my other User s folders successfully Look forward to any quick help nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Here s the situation Every week I ghost copies of our servers Two Windows servers and two Windows servers Each server has one Western Digital GB ide hard drive in a hard drive rack and there is one open rack for inserting the backup hard drives I use ghost on floppies each is configured to run the ghost backup automatically When I am ready to ghost I insert the backup drive insert the floppy disk and start the server Ghost loads backups the drive and says ghosting is complete I and Server problem Windows Ghost Norton 2003 (long) 2003 take the main drive out and replace it with the ghosted copy The ghost copies for and boot up fine no Windows 2003 Server and Norton Ghost 2003 problem (long) problems FINALLY TO THE PROBLEM When I remove the Ghost copies and reinsert the main drives the Windows 2003 Server and Norton Ghost 2003 problem (long) servers will not boot but the servers do This doesn t happen every week and sometimes one server will work and the other won t When they don t work the servers post but for some reason don t see the hard drive this is not the ghost copy On one of the servers I have figured out the problem When the server won t read the hard drive I would pull out the drive and reinsert it fixing the problem Recenctly the other server wouldn t boot the main drive after it was ghosted I thought maybe the hard drive bay was bad so I switched the hard drive out with a spare bay Reinserted it in the rack and the server still couldn t find the hard drive during boot If I stick the ghost copy back in it boots up without a hitch Is it possible for ghost to destroy a hard drive like that nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-and-norton-ghost-2003-problem-long.289436/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, some time ago I deployed two servers for a small RDS environment.  They are both physical servers, session-based RDS.
I want to now get USB Redirection to work on them to enable the use of WebCams.  Looking through all the literature and articles, I get the impression that I need Hyper-V installed.  Is this true?  Was my initial deployment setup incorrect
or can I just add the Hyper-V feature now?   I am worried if I install that role that it will change the architecture of my setup.
Can someone please advise.
Many thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1c222882-69b9-4305-a81f-ae582ad06086/usb-redirection-in-server-2012?forum=windowssteadystate
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm about to start using a new CIS that has the ability to scan documents directly into a database but it requires a temp folder to be setup on the C: drive.  Normally, that would be fine but our users are using Surface Pro 3 tablets and that space will fill up quickly since the documents will all be scanned as PDFs.  What I'm trying to do is to redirect the C:\\temp folder to a server.  All tablets have Windows 8.1. Also, will this fix work on Windows 7 Pro laptops?

A:Folder redirection

I never tried but I there is a way to do that and probably would work only question is what bugs will appear, try it is a insane idea but could really work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558641/folder-redirection/
Relevancy 52.03%

i ahve 14 client computers all running as windows xp clients in a win server 2003 domain which also runs the dhcp and dns and AD for the system..

i want to enable folder redirection such that any client has the same dextop background if they log on to any client and they are able to view their documents as if they are on their local machines.

all data has to be stored on the server to enable storage area network

please help

A:folder redirection

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc782799.aspx
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738596.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-redirection.805268/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all Dont know if Folder Redirection. you can help We have been running folder redirection Redirecting users My Documents path only We used to have users my documents pointed to NAS however we are now pointing this to a totally different hostname We have moved the files across with permissions and changed the settings within Group Policys however on users workstations we can still see the old server and the files are trying to be backed up to the old server We can see that the Windows XP workstations that the users are using are reading from Group Policys because it has added the new server below the old server Does anyone know anyway I cant stop Windows XP looking for that old server on logon and logoff I have tried regedit and changing a few settings in there thats not worked I have evgen tried disconnecting the workstation from the domain resetting the workstation and reconnecting to the domain but the machine is still looking for the old NAS Folder Redirection. Server to sync My documents on logon Folder Redirection. amp logoff Any help would be great Dean

A:Folder Redirection.

You should be able to use group policy editor for that. I'm not sure about the exact settings that are responsible for this. This link talks about folder redirection using GPE.
Implementing Folder Redirection using Group Policy - Top Bits

Best Practices for Implementing Folder Redirection

A few best practices for implementing folder redirection using Group Policy are summarized below:It is recommended to accept the default folder redirection settings on the Settings tab when configuring folder redirection.
It is always best to allow the system to create the folders.
Because users typically need to access the contents of redirected folders when the network connection is lost, you should enable the Offline Files feature for redirected folders.
The My Pictures folder should exist within the My Documents folder.
When specifying the location for redirected folders, use fully qualified UNC paths.
Only redirect the My Documents folder to the user' home folder if you have an existing home folder environment.
The Application Data folder should not be redirected if you are using the Encrypting File System (EFS).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/100337-folder-redirection.html
Relevancy 52.03%

OK so I tried to move the quot My Documents quot folder per Changing the target in the start menu I had to create the folder on the nd partition I m using and when saving files I have to navigate to this location in order for a proper quot save quot operation What I would like to know is how to move the UserProfile to the nd Partition or maybe how to move Docume or My Documents if that s correct I m not sure which environemt variable I have to move or where to make the change Should this be done Redirection Folder from the command line the registry or by changing the target folder itself and just deal with navigating the folders The effect I want to have is to tell XP and programs that the SystemRoot Documents and Settings Users is not where My Documents and UserProfile resides but rather on E Documents and Settings Users How can I accomplish this without as few headaches as possible

A:Folder Redirection

I've successfully relocated my My Documents folder using TweakUI from MS. I'm not sure about changing the user profile, though. Let me do some research.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128202/folder-redirection/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I am currently running Server 2003 and want to make it so that when someone logs on that their "My Documents" Folder is actually saving to a folder on a NAS system. I know its possible but just dont know how to do it. Could someone please provide me with the steps in doing this?

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I work in a high school and this year we moved to Win Pro from Xp In the past we have made a lot of folder redirection redirection Folder Desktops and Startmenus are redirected to certain shares to provide students with locked down desktops and startmenus We also redict Folder redirection user folders such as My Documents My music My videos all the new folders in Windows I have an issue though and I have read the documentation on the MS website about it but still had no joy When you redirect the Documents folder on a Windows Vista-based computer to a network share the folder name unexpectedly changes back to Documents If user anne scott logs on her my documents are redirected to server anne scott and the same for the other folders As a redirect option I can assign exclusive rights to the user but I dont want to do this as staff and admin people sometimes need to access students work If I do not tick the assign exclusive rights option when that user logs on the users folder gets renamed from anne scott to My Documents So when teachers and admin staff go to access any students work they only see hundreds of folders call quot my documents quot To fix this your need to delete the file desktop ini and folder renames itself correctly The MS website recommends that you create a subfolder beneath the share to redirect to so My Documents gets redirected to server anne scott My Documents Sadly the folder renaming continues with this option also Has anybody a solutions to this please bear in mind that I have users to look after so a scripted option is appealing - I can of course turn Document redirection off but this seems to defeat the object Thanks

A:Folder redirection

You can download a document from msoft which explains the new process for folder redirection and user profiles. I havn't read though it all myself so good luck with it.

Download details: What's New in Folder Redirection and User Profiles

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/82941-folder-redirection.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i am having microsoft windows server for small business server Service Pack iwant to run an application build up with ASP NET amp SQL DATABASE for generating reports we are using crystal reports while running the application i am gettig an error message as File or assembly name CrystalDecisions Web or one of 2003 microsoft small Pack business windows for Service 1 server server its dependencies was not found i tried to copy all the dll files in to the bin folder still the problem is not solved Source Error Line debugging ASP NET files Line -- gt Line lt compilation defaultLanguage quot c quot debug quot true quot gt lt assemblies gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions CrystalReports Engine Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions ReportSource Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions Shared Version Culture neutral microsoft windows server 2003 for small business server Service Pack 1 PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt microsoft windows server 2003 for small business server Service Pack 1 lt assemblies gt lt compilation gt Line Line lt -- CUSTOM ERROR MESSAGES Source File C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS web config Line Assembly Load Trace The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly CrystalDecisions Web could not be loaded Pre-bind state information LOG DisplayName CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e Fully-specified LOG Appbase file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS LOG Initial PrivatePath bin Calling assembly Unknown LOG Publisher policy file is not found LOG No redirect found in host configuration file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v aspnet config LOG Using machine configuration file from C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v config machine config LOG Post-policy reference CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web EXE nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-windows-server-2003-for-small-business-server-service-pack-1.498807/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all,

Has anybody come across this error "Calendaring agent failed with error code 0x80150856 while saving appointment.". This appears in application log files in exchange server 2003. Does anybody know how to fix this issue?

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-outlook-2003-exchange-server-2003.496518/
Relevancy 52.03%

Currently we are on an NT network with a few 2000 servers tossed in. Today I learned that the plan is to migrate everything to Linux. Lets assume that this only applies to the servers and that the users will still operate with 98/nt/2000/xp. What are your thoughts on this?

I put this in this forum for a reason. Because I'd rather get the advice from 2000 and 2003 experts who know what Linux cannot replace than to hear the Linux fanboys and anti-Microsoft activists praise it to the high heavens.

What would your concerns be if this was done on your network? What problems have you encountered if you'd tried this? Or what successes? Know of any businesses that have done this successfully?

Relevancy 52.03%

I'm having issues finding the location of en expired certificate that one of my LDAP servers responds with during an LDAPS bind attempt.

I'm using Linux's ldapsearch to perform specific tasks during user creation but recently discovered the certificate expired. I have renewed said certificate and placed it in the personal store on that ldapserver but after debugging the SSL connection it still responds with the previously expired certificate.

Can anyone tell me where this certificate would be stored on Windows Server 2003. I've found multiple post regarding the store in 2008 but that does not exist in 2003. I've searched the whole store using certutil trying to match the serial on this certificate but can't find it anywhere.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

https://hardforum.com/threads/windws-server-2003-ldaps-returning-expired-server-certificate.1911174/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello All,

I want to dual boot XP Pro , 2000 Server and 2003 Server and wanted to check the best order to instal these OS's?

Can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-booting-xp-pro-2000-server-and-2003-server-instal-order.637431/
Relevancy 52.03%

Can anyone help me with setting up 515E up 2004 Setting ISA Exchange in Server Server 2003 front and of Pix this network layout with my Pix Firewall Network Layout Pix gt DMZ gt ISA Server gt Exchange Server Users Pix outside IP Address Pix inside IP Address DMZ IP Addresss ISA Server outside IP ISA Server inside IP I ve identified the interfaces IP Address and named all plus the following config global outside interface nat inside nat dmz conduit permit icmp any any route outside I can now access the internet from my ISA Server in the DMZ zone I Setting up Pix 515E in front of ISA Server 2004 and Exchange Server 2003 am intending to put the ISA Server out on the DMZ to access the outside world with static dmz outside netmask and then open all traffic to ISA with access-list acl out permit ip any host any access-group acl out in interface outside then I ll give ISA server access to the inside network with access-list acl dmz permit tcp eq access-group acl dmz in interface dmz With the above commands the first access-list acl out was not accepted by pix plus the second access-list acl dmz so if you could please share some light upon my configurations Regards Semisi nbsp

A:Setting up Pix 515E in front of ISA Server 2004 and Exchange Server 2003

Here, I scrapped your config. NAT bad/static bad/conduit bad/access-list bad.

no fixup protocol smtp
nameif int xxx outside security 0
nameif int xxx inside security 100
nameif int xxx dmz security 80
icmp permit any outside echo-reply
icmp permit any outside unreachable
icmp permit any inside
icmp permit any dmz
global (outside) 1 int
nat (inside) 1 172.17.0.0 255.255.0.0 32768 16483
route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 65.77.78.1 1
static (inside,dmz) 172.17.0.0 172.17.0.0 255.255.0.0
static (dmz,outside) 172.18.0.2 65.77.78.48 netmask 255.255.255.255 << Can't have same IP as interface**
access-list internet permit tcp any host 65.77.78.48 eq 80
access-list internet permit tcp any host 65.77.78.48 eq 443
access-list internet permit tcp any host 65.77.78.48 eq 25
access-list internet permit icmp any any eq echo
access-list internet permit icmp any any eq echo-reply
access-list internet permit icmp any any eq unreachable
access-list internet permit icmp any any eq source-quench
access-group internet in interface outside
access-list dmz permit ip host 172.18.0.2 any << *Read note 1
access-group dmz in interface dmz
access-list inside permit ip any any
access-group inside in interface inside

The above config will nat 172.18.0.2 to 65.77.78.48. You can't static NAT an entire IP to the same as a global (your interface). You can only do this if you NAT specific ports.

The above config will allow internet to reach 65.77.78.48 via TCP 80/443/25. I can only assume you're using ISA for EFE server, and maybe proxy. (Not an ISA fan)

The above config allows your ISA server carte-blanche access. In essence, it's a DMZ by name only. Don't fool yourself.

Don't use conduits, they're deprecated.

Don't use a firewall to permit "any" to your ISA server, actually use it to block inbound ports.

Also, your ISA server shouldn't/can't have two NIC's in the same subnet. That's a bad idea on 10 different levels. IF you're using your ISA server (blech) as EFE / reverse proxy for OWA, and outbound proxy - you might as well keep it on the same subnet as your Exchange server (inside, I'm assuming.) Again, 10 different reasons why it's a flawed security plan.

If this is simply an EFE server or reverse proxy, make sure you don't keep the ISA server part of any AD domain, stick it in the DMZ, and restrict what hosts it's allowed to see on the network that you're trying to protect.

Regards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-pix-515e-in-front-of-isa-server-2004-and-exchange-server-2003.563885/
Relevancy 52.03%

Just bought 2 new Intel S5000VSA server boards, After building both Pcs using the Intel disc that came with board and even the win 2003 setup disc directly I cant seem to install windows server 2003 without receiving a BSOD during setup. All Hardware is compliant with the board. Please Help

A:Cant install Windows Server 2003 on Intel s5000vsa server board

Strip the system down. One memory stick, no USB devices, on-board video and sound, no sound card and try the OS install again. Reset the bios to failsafe defaults

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-windows-server-2003-on-intel-s5000vsa-server-board.113843/
Relevancy 52.03%

I am unable to disable Windows Firewall (I have installed AVG firewall) because of Group Policy which was enable by a former employer.

How do I edit/get rid of Group Policy?

thanks!

Jeff

A:Group Policys

I'm assuming you had your laptop on the network at work?You must be logged on as Administrator. If you are not the Administrator, we can't help you circumvent security proceduresWarning, this involves editing the registryBe sure to properly back-up your registry before proceeding:A simple approach to backing up the registry (XP)Guide OverviewThis guide will explain how to backup the registry to your hard-drive.Instructions Click Start Click Run Type in "regedit" (no quotes). Next, click the File menu in the top left. Scroll down to Export Select a easy-to-find location from the resulting box such as the desktop Give your backup registry a name, such as "backup" along with the current date.It should look like this: :exclaim: Just a quick note: by default, Windows backs up the registry when you shut down your machine. The above is probably best used for those who are editing registry settings.Disable Group Policy[Start] [Run] [Regedit]Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System[ In most cases, this registry key is not present and will need to be created ]Modify/Create the Value Data Type(s) and Value Name(s) as detailed below.Data Type: DWORD Value // Value Name: DisableGPOSetting for Value Data: [0 = Default (Enabled) / 1 = Disabled]Exit Registry and Reboot

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/189393/group-policys/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a print server running standard sp I have been looking for a way to allow helpdesk staff install 2003 Windows SP2 on Standard server print to install & Server Unable remotely 7 driver and manage printers without logging into the server and Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server without adding them to the admin group So I added them to the power users group and the print operators group that worked fine they were able to UNC servername Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server to the server and install printers drivers as well as uninstall drivers printers ect Now the problem this works great from an XP box but when we try it from a windows machine we get access denied More specifically it acts like it is going to install the printer then when it comes to the driver installation part it fails Printer driver was not installed Access is denied No changes have been made to the permissions I can log into an XP machine with my profile and it works fine log out go to a Windows machine use the same credentials and I get the above message access is denied I am an admin of both machines on the windows machine I have UAC turned off completely Running XP Pro SP amp Windows pro both are bit machines I should also add that I have made the necessary group policy changes to allow printer operators to Load Unload device drivers and under the local policies security options I ensured that the Prevent users from installing printer drivers was Disabled Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

A:Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server

How do you enter the credentials on the Windows 7 machine? I've noticed that you have to use "domain\username" rather than just the username in some cases.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403507/windows-7-2003-server-standard-sp2-unable-to-remotely-install-driver-on-print-server/
Relevancy 51.6%

Every 5 minutes I get this error message popping up under event viewer on a Windows 2003 Small Business Server (all updates etc):

Event ID: 1054

Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. (An unexpected network error occurred. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.​
I have done the MS Support site "recommendations", but the Server is pointing to itself for the DNS and the IP address and all that are fine. Not sure why or what is going on here. I can't seem to stop it.

A:Server 2003: (Event Viewer) error every 5 minutes RE: DNS Server

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2003-event-viewer-error-every-5-minutes-re-dns-server.472922/
Relevancy 51.6%

Cannot access windows updates any admin tools av websites cannot run spybot internet explorer giving security settings warning cannot change any of the settings HJT log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Documents and Settings administrator domain WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe tools admin Terminal access 2003 Server Server cannot C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreServiceShell exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiWatchDog exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreFrameworkHost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent tmlisten exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt exe Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe P Worldox WDA exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Tabs CMMAIN EXE C Program Files Tabs STMapi exe C Program Files Tabs dropbox exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrobat exe C WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat plug ins PaperCapture Server Roman Capserve exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system mstsc exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE EXCEL EXE C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt exe C Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files FileOpen plug ins FileOpenAPI exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings administrator domain Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http companyweb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS system blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Trend Micro NSC BHO - CA B-DC D- A - - E FAC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmIEPlg dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run bacstray C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe O - HKLM Run PaperPort PTD C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe O - HKLM Run IndexSearch C Program Files Scan... Read more

A:Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403995/server-2003-terminal-server-cannot-access-admin-tools/
Relevancy 51.6%

Setup Is Comcast(DNS/ISP/Phone)->D... Computer Connected --> Server(AD/DNS/DHCP/RRAS)F... Server --> Switch --> WIndows Xp And Sever 2003 As Work Station. Problem Is Trying To Install VNC On All Computers Behind The Primary Server 2003. Need To Forward Ports Through Server 2003 to Dlink For Query to Internet: Thanks In Advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-port-fowarding-vnc-cleint-behind-server.716193/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi guys!
I just installed Windows 2000 Advance Server recently to a Compaq Proliant ML530 server and found out that the license for this server is more expensive than Windows Server 2003 Standard. The SmartStart CD of the compaq does not support windows server 2003 and I don't want to manually re-configure everything and start all over again. Does Win2K A.S. support Windows Server 2003 upgrade?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-upgrade-win2k-advance-server-to-windows-server-2003-std.390752/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All Today Proxy server in on my workplace attacked by some hacker Server running Windows Std Edition Service Pack Attack Details A Server help, Server Attack by need Proxy Unknown Hacker, 2003 account created with administrative privilege and while we checked it s logged on with that account strange thing is it s showing built in account 2003 Server Attack by Unknown Hacker, need help, Proxy Server also a exe file called AutoSQL and it started scanning lot s of Public IP s looks like it broadcasting created account is hackp and on event log it showing following successful logon Code Event Type Success Audit Event Source Security Event Category Logon Logoff Event ID Date Time PM User AFT-PROXY hackp Computer AFT-PROXY Description User initiated logoff User Name hackp Domain AFT-PROXY Logon ID x x b fec After initial shock we did scan with Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer it s showing critical update and important update reqd and most interesting part is when I was installing update via Windows update suddenly hacker take my full desktop control accessing my mouse keyboard and cancel update then open Internet Explorer open a site Service Window AutoSql IP Scan Netstat Code Microsoft Windows Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings hackp gt netstat Active Connections Proto Local Address Foreign Address State TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf CLOSE WAIT TCP asdf asdf CLOSE WAIT TCP asdf asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf FIN WAIT TCP asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf http ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf TIME WAIT TCP asdf TIME WAIT C C Documents and Settings hackp gt netstat -n Active Connections Proto Local Address Foreign Address State TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED TCP TIME WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP FIN WAIT TCP FIN WAIT C Documents and Settings hackp gt Netstat Code Microsoft Windows Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings hackp gt netstat -nr Route Table Interface List x MS TCP Loopback interface x f Intel R PRO CT Network Connection x f Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric Default Gateway Persistent Routes Network Address Netmask Gateway Address Metric C Documents and Settings hackp gt We hav PIX in our workplace We hav Trend Micro office scan Using Trend Micro Proxy Server Is there any new vulnerability on server Please help urgent nbsp

A:2003 Server Attack by Unknown Hacker, need help, Proxy Server

For instant Recovery, we re format our servers and change it's password, and fully patched with windows update. still now, no further attack..

Any help would be grate..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2003-server-attack-by-unknown-hacker-need-help-proxy-server.707393/
Relevancy 51.6%

Setup Is Comcast(DNS/ISP/Phone)->D... Computer Connected --> Server(AD/DNS/DHCP/RRAS)F... Server --> Switch --> WIndows Xp And Sever 2003 As Work Station. Problem Is Trying To Install VNC On All Computers Behind The Primary Server 2003. Need To Forward Ports Through Server 2003 to Dlink For Query to Internet: Thanks In Advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-port-fowarding-vnc-cleint-behind-server.716194/
Relevancy 51.6%

so i have problems with a sbs2003 box. Its slow...fax services are not working properly etc...

the only option i see is to reinstall it.
is there anyway i can migrate accounts,exchange settings,shares ...as much as possible.

how would i go about doing this?

do i have to use some virtual server software...(thats what my friend was telling me)
has anybody got any info or links to accomplishing this...

any info appreciated...

pk

A:migrating server 2003 ..to server 2003

Take a quick look here

http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archiv...er-2003-migration-update-943494-released.aspx

You have three options, theres a fourth but thats install from scratch
ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&scoring=d&q=move+to+new+hardware&btnG=Search&meta=group%3Dmicrosoft.public.windows.server.sbs

1. Swing Migration - http://www.sbsmigration.com

2. forklift. Image your installation and restore it to your new hardware. Some information on this method at http://www.smallbizserver.net. Check out google groups also for some info also.

3. Theres a Microsoft tool called Active Directory Migration Tool. For this you'll need to rename your server and you domain http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=16414

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/migrating-server-2003-to-server-2003.738516/
Relevancy 51.6%

I can't get the folder redirection item to appear in mmc's Group Policy Editor snap in.

I found microsofts knowledge base article 555218 [http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555218/en-us]
which describes it fine and typing <regsvr32 fde.dll> brings up a message saying its been successfully re-registered but still nothin in the console. Have tried restarting the console (not the computer - Hey, I'll try that) but nothing.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-redirection-problem.526224/
Relevancy 51.6%

I had a GPO that I was testing with my account (folder redirection). I mistakenly deleted the GPO completely. Now, my computer, every time that I login trys to connect to that path which no longer exists. So, every time I login it says windows cannot find \\servername\sharename. When I right click documents or desktop, it still shows that location, which isn't there.

How can I get the defualt directories back so windows isn't trying to find a path that doesn't exist?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382156-folder-redirection-messed-all-up-help.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am running Active Directory on Server 2008 and redirecting My Documents, Favorites, and Desktop folders to the server. When the PCs go a screen saver and the user needs to login they loose connection to their Desktop icons. Their My Documents, Favorites and all mapped drives all work fine, they only loose Desktop icons. The only way to restore connection is to restart the PC. I have disabled the setting on the network card to allow Windows to put it to sleep, and it seemed to help for about a week. The strange part about this issue is, it doesn't affect all users only about 6.

A:Desktop folder redirection

I have taken Ownership as Domain Administrator and forced full permission for each user to their Desktop folder on the server and so far no one has lost their Desktop icons. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/155155-desktop-folder-redirection.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I successfully created a partition D: to hold my media files. I wanted to use folder redirection to move My Music, Videos, and My Pictures to the D: drive. Starting with Videos folder, I changed it from C:\Users\Pestoman\Videos to D:\

The problem is that I changed it to D:\ instead of D:\Videos. Now in My Documents, I have an icon for my D drive. When I right click and open properties, I can access the Location tab, but when I try to restore default it say "Access is denied."

So how can I restore my Videos folder?

A:Folder Redirection Problem

Screenshot of user folder

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/54878-folder-redirection-problem.html
Relevancy 51.6%

not sure where this thread should belong so i will dump it here...HI ALL 1st post.

with our xp users we right click and redirect the location of their my documents folder to a network location. this can also be done by group policy that much i have figured out....but in xp there is an "easy" option when you right click the my docs folder to change the location.

in windows 7 the folder structure has changed considerably. i am unable to figure out how to do this redirection from the OS logged in as the user. i realize there is some mechanism for doing this using the Group Policy Object Editor and a folder redirection snap in. is there even a way to do this as i mentioned above? or am i stuck doing this via GP?

well happy windows7'ing - i am looking forward to the new OS and features. job security for sure

A:my documents folder redirection

Go to your user directory, right-click on the folder you want to change > properties > location tab.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/36356-my-documents-folder-redirection.html
Relevancy 51.6%

We recently purchased a new server and set up folder redirection. After hours of endless thinking and looking around the web we could not manager to get it to work. I spoke with another company that I know that has it set up and it appears as if we have it set up just right.

It is set to redirect all Documents saved it "My Documents"

In the box where you redirect the folder I have entered \\servername\folder redirection\

It shows that it will create files as \\servername\folder redirection\*username*\my documents

I have gotten to the point where I thought there was too much security so I just decided to allow Full Control of the folder just to see if it would work and nothing. What am I doing wrong.

-Jason

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-redirection-not-working.772055/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am on a windows server 2003 domain and running xp clients, x86 windows 7 clients and got a few computers on windows 7 x64 and with the x64 i dont think the folder redirection is working, none of the files show or be created on the network drive, i have ran gpupdate and still nothing.

Does anyone know?

thanks.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello Everyone!

I have a domain with about 200 users all over the US, in all but one location we have a Gigabit network with ample server storage. I just upgraded to Server 2012 R2 for all server and have a specific server for the users Home drives and folder redirection.

My question is this; is folder redirection via GPO still a good thing in todays system administration? I have plenty of users who delete files from their systems then i have to recover, causing downtime, with the folder redirection I can make sure that nothing is deleted.

How many Sys / Network Admins still use Folder redirection?

thanks all

https://hardforum.com/threads/domain-folder-redirection.1909928/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an NT Server which has various policys
set up to prevent users from running all but a few named programs. I want them to be able to have a named screensaver but the policy seems to block them from running screensavers. Looking in the registry, I have noticed that the scr's appear to be running as executables using a /s switch so tried putting scrname.scr as allowable in the policy but it didn't work.
If anyone has any ideas how I could achieve this, it would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Trevor Davies.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/altering-policys-to-allow-screensavers-to-run.28344/
Relevancy 51.17%

Ive seem some cool assed restrictions that I want to apply to my pc - ( group policy editor ). How would I apply these to a group of users, or just select a user to apply these to. cheers.

Relevancy 51.17%

Ok so i need to set up windows 2003 server edition as a vpn server so someone can connect to it from home or from his work! Does anyone have any advice i have been trying but nothing seems to allow me to get connected!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-setting-up-a-vpn-server-on-windows-2003-server-edition.130776/
Relevancy 51.17%

What are the steps involved in sharing Windows 2000 Server and Windows 2003 Server resources over a network?

Relevancy 51.17%

Is there a good guide or tutorial to show you how to set up a file server with file permissions and access?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seting-up-file-server-permissions-server-2003.294310/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I am not able to connect to OPC server for non admin user in windows server 2003.

I get Runtime error '-536608665(e0040067)':
Failed to connect OPC server.
The system returned the following error message:
Access is denied

But i can connect non admin user to opc server in Windows xp

Is it possible for non admin user to connect OPC server in windows server 2003?

OPC server and client are on same system

Please give me your feedback

Thanks!
Santosh

A:Non Admin not able to connect OPC server in Windows Server 2003

From what I've read on this thread, you'll need to set computer-wide DCOM security permissions. You'll want to peruse that thread.

On another note, this isn't really the best spot for this question. An error message isn't a crash, hang or bsod, and the situation is more relevant to specifically the Windows Server section (even though OPC servers can and often do exist in many client versions of Windows). You'll be able to receive more help there, as it's pertinent to your needs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/non-admin-not-able-to-connect-opc-server-in-windows-server-2003-a-560614.html
Relevancy 51.17%

We had:

1) 1 Windows Server 2003 running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 workstations.

We now want to have:

1) 1 Windows Server 2008 R2 server running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 same workstations, with their same user profiles.

So I joined the 2008 R2 server to the domain, and then used the dcpromo tool to make it a domain controller.

Problem is, whenever I take the old server offline, (the 2003 one) everything flips out, logons are slow, and the 2008 server gives people trying to access shared files weird errors like that the server that authenticated them cannot be contacted, and asks them to log in again with their username and password before accessing shared files on the server.

What did I do wrong? I must be forgetting something.

A:Replacing a Windows 2003 AD DS server with a 2008 R2 AD DS server

1. Transfer all FSMO roles to your 2008 R2 server
2. Uninstall AD on 2003 server
3. You can now permanently take 2003 server offline

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-a-windows-2003-ad-ds-server-with-a-2008-r2-ad-ds-server.189290/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have two domain controllers with different domain names but on the same subnet and with active directory installed. One domain controller is win 2000 and the other is win 2003. The computers are in a workgroup the users don't log on but are connected to the win 2000 box with shares to a program. If I take active directory off the win 2000 box and demote will that affect the computers that are In a workgroup connected to the shares? I want to install all the programs and shares on the new win 2003 box but one computer win not let me log on to the win 2003 box it says no domain available. What can I do to slowly migrate the programs and shares to the new server?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/demoting-a-win-2000-server-with-a-win-2003-server-on-the-same-subnet.136644/
Relevancy 51.17%

I volunteer at a small catholic school to take care of their network I am very good with the hardware portion and most of the administrative tasks but the thing that has me stumped right now is getting the user profiles set up properly Our server runs Server and ALL of the clients are XP Pro We want all Students to see the exactly the same thing when they logon each and every time We want them to be able to make changes but we do not want those changes saved I have been told by various experts to use roaming profiles folder redirection and Redirection Folder Mandatory Profiles mandatory profiles etc The thing is so far nothing has worked I am not an expert in gpo or aduc but I am trying to learn Right now though I need the simplest method to accomplish our goal I can get the local administrator account to look like we want it but that doesn t transfer to the users I have deleted all the contents of the user profile folders on the server but when I log them in I can not get rid of unwanted desktop icons I can make some of the other changes that we want and save them but the desktop icons always reappear I have checked the default user profile on the local machine and there are no desktop icons present Please provide help asap since school starts next week nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mandatory-profiles-and-folder-redirection.943749/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create an Ntconfig.pol file for Win XP Pro clients, to be placed on my NT4 PDC. The end goal is to set-up a simple policy that redirects "My Documents" and "Desktop" to server shares, to minimise the size of the roaming profiles.

I've got a copy of poledit.exe, and I think the jist of it is to open an .adm "template" file, make changes to the settings, and save it as Ntconfig.pol. Pretty straight forward.

But, where do I get the .adm files to begin with? A quick search of a fresh install of XP pro reveals a ton of .adm files. Some are in C:\Windows\inf and some are in C:\windows\ServicePackFiles\i386.

Does anyone know which .adm file is the one I want? Thanks in advance!

A:NTConfig.pol Folder Redirection, Win XP, Which .adm File Do I Need?

I found a good .adm template here:

http://www.pcc-services.com/custom_poledit.html
I've almost got this working- It applies policies for new users, but the NTConfig.POL file gets ignored for my users that already have profiles.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ntconfig-pol-folder-redirection-win-xp-which-adm-file-do-i-need.843494/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All An issue with Folder Redirection has been rearing its head recently When a specific user logs into a specific PC we get the following message ychfred folderredirection username Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable It could be on a hard drive on this computer or on a network Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted or that your are connected to the internet or your network and then try again If it still cannot be located the information might have been moved to a different location When checking access to the share from this PC Windows cannot access ychfred FolderRedirection You do not have permission to access ychfred FolderRedirection Contact your network administrator to request access On every other desktop the desktop loads without issue and the user can successfully browse to ychfred folderredirection Permission is set to allow all authenticated users access to ychfred folderredirection I can see no reason why this would fail Checking the Redirection on Specific PC Issue Folder event log for the problem Folder Redirection Issue on Specific PC desktop shows no errors and successful redirection for each folder I have previously 'fixed' this issue by rebuilding the problem desktops but I do not see this as a long term solution Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated Richard

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/60aebd31-8a30-42da-abf3-2341eddadcb7/folder-redirection-issue-on-specific-pc?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 51.17%

I have been doing some work at a Library and one of the tasks is setting up Active Directory I have never setup Folder Redirection before but I am literally doing it exactly how everyone has told me to do it and how every page online explains it has to be done yet when a user logs on Redirection Folder Active Directory in from any machine even the AD server itself Folder Redirection does not work Nothing happens at all The main task is to get My Document s for each user to be placed at SERVER user username In the settings I have set the Folder Redirection for SERVER user username Now I am sure that I am setting this up correctly but I think I am missing something else that needs to be done possibly Also another thing is I have created a Visual Basic script which is executed when a user log s on The Folder Redirection in Active Directory script works perfectly when Folder Redirection in Active Directory any user in the Lib Staff group log s on from the AD server itself but not from ANY other computer Including and XP machines Neither execute the script If the script is ran manually from any machine it works completely fine but the script will not execute automatically at logon like it should What am I missing Yes the server has been rebooted nbsp

A:Folder Redirection in Active Directory

Can't help you with the folder redirection :\

As for the logon scrpt, I assume the netlogon share is set up properly and the script placed in the right directory. It may be that running remote vbs scripts is disabled. Try with a simple batch file as the login script to eliminate problems with server-network-client setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/folder-redirection-in-active-directory.13877/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all I have setup folder redirection to redirect my documents and the desktop from one folder on our win k server to another folder on the same server I have created a security group and placed everyone in that group that I want to have folder redirection I tested files!!! not redirection all Folder redirecting it on my account and it worked fine it redirected my desktop to the new folder and redirected my documents even though Folder redirection not redirecting all files!!! there was nothing in my documents at the time And it deleted the old folders once the new ones were created and everything moved across However when the Folder redirection not redirecting all files!!! group policy tried to move other users my documents to the new location it would only move some of the files and leave all the rest in the old directory and it wouldn t change the path of the my documents to point to the new directory However it would move the desktop icons with no problems at all and delete the old folder The path that I am using to redirect the folders is server usersdocuments USERNAME and server usersdesktops USERNAME And this is applied to a security group call folder redirection I am completely at a loss with this problem and any help would be much appreciated thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/folder-redirection-not-redirecting-all-files.29573/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Just about everyone in my company has Windows Pro -bit and we are running Windows Server R as our domain controllers nbsp I have a group policy to redirect the Desktop Documents Favorites Music Pictures and and offline file? Folder redirection Videos folders to a network location nbsp It has been working fine while everyone was using desktop computers in the domain Now I have two new users who have laptops and of course will need to use them Folder redirection and offline file? outside of our network nbsp But when I tried logging into the laptop off-site I get error messages about not being able to find the redirected folders So I have been looking into folder redirection with offline files thinking this was the solution nbsp However I can't seem to find the settings that the articles I'm looking at reference nbsp For example this article references User Configuration Administrative Templates Network Offline Files but I Folder redirection and offline file? can't find it in my Group Policy Management Editor nbsp In fact User Configuration Administrative Templates doesn't even exist https technet microsoft com library Folder redirection and offline file? cc v WS aspx So what am I missing here nbsp How can I make these laptops work outside my organization Thanks in advance Linn

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c51946e7-1d7e-4634-a284-5456fdaab7f3/folder-redirection-and-offline-file?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 51.17%

So, I've been playing around with windows, and I moved the location of the Libraries "My documents" form C drive to D drive. And when I wanted to change the location back to C drive, I get the following error.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402578-folder-redirection-failed-d-config-msi.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am redirecting folders in group policy. When the desktop folder is redirected for some reason desktop does not show up as an option when you choose save as. I know the redirection is working, because when I go to the fileshare where it is redirected, I can add things to the desktop in that folder and it shows up on the machines desktop. Any thoughts on to why the user can't save things to there redirected desktop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-redirection-desktop-question.996222/
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok here is my issue. I am running windows server 2003 that does not have Active directory installed. I am using software called synctoy to sync two servers. The problem is Synctoy creates a .DAT file in local users appdata folder and it is about 2 gigs by the time it finishes well I dont hav 2 gigs to spare on the main drive so I want this file relocated, Synctoy does not give the option anywhee to relocate this file so I need a simple way to redirect the users/localsettings/appdata/microsoft/synctoy/2.0 folder

any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/synctoy-dat-file-folder-redirection.999470/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am running Windows 2003 server 32-bit. I have setup folder redirection in group policy and linked it to 3 OU's. It only works for one OU. The only differences between the computers is the working OU is running Vista Ultimate the others are running XP Pro.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/folder-redirection-works-for-one-group-not-another.112011/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I really messed up big time and i'm hoping someone can help me with this!!

I tried redirecting my "Documents" folder to my D: drive and thinking it would create a Documents folder in the root drive i hit move to D:\. Now i have a "Data D:" in my Start menu which is empty. I also have no Documents folder under C: Users\Username. Don't know where my documents (9GB worth of data) has gone!! Can someone please advise me what to do??

Have checked in registry and "Personal" in Shell Folders is C:\Users\Username\Documents. Have also done a System Restore.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!!

Relevancy 51.17%

My computer is standalone no domain I have right-clicked on c Users MyUserName AppData LocalLow and there was a quot Location quot tab so I specified a new location same path but on drive F and chose to move all files Is this a correct way to redirect this folder It is currently used by only one application on my computer What happened next Next time I launched this application that is using this folder it filled with files once again on drive C So this application somehow did not respect the redirection So I deleted the files in LocalLow on drive C and this time I denied Write permission for this folder on drive C Next time application crashed I am asking about it here because I think the application is buggy but before creating a bug in and Folder of LocalLow other AppData redirection ticket I'd like to be sure that what I did according to the redirection was correct I have doubts because In many places in the internet I found articles about redirecting folders and all of them mentioned doing it via GPMC MMC Folder redirection of LocalLow and other in AppData which I don't have probably because it is for domain users only Some other Folder redirection of LocalLow and other in AppData articles mentioned redirecting the Roaming user profile So maybe it is legitimate to redirect AppData Roaming but not AppData LocalLow I don't know

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/282413-folder-redirection-locallow-other-appdata.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Having issue with email. some emails will be received while other will not. Cannot put or finger on the problem. Has anyone had this problem.

Relevancy 51.17%

I am running Windows Server 2003 with Terminal Services enabled and was wondering if there are any compatibility problems with installing Word 2003. Microsofts website says Windows 2000 with SP3, Windows XP, or later as OS requirements but that is very general.

Thanks in advance, Dave

Relevancy 50.74%

ok, i too am having trouble with being able to control my firewall settings. thing is it did not used to be this way and then one day computer crashed ( thanks to husband) anyway after reinstalling windows with my recovery disks,and somewhere in the set up things went different i suppose. i have no idea bout this group policy, system admin, or how i even became part of what ever domain or network group i have become a part of. can someone plz explain all this to me and how i can revert back to how it was before. simple explations plz, seeing as how im still somewhat new to some of this stuff. thanks very much for whatever help yall can give

A:System Admins, And Group Policys

The policies depend on whether the computer is part of a network and/or domain or not, but it is not something that you should have to deal with on a Windows reinstallation even if it is connected to a home network.

Did you do a format and a fresh installation or did you do a repair install which retains all the settings the previous installation had?

What firewall are you using?

Are you using XP Home or XP Pro?

What specific problems are you having?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/62569/system-admins-and-group-policys/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm experimenting with Folder Redirection and after getting it set up, I quickly realized that any VBS scripts that have environmental variables such as %UserProfile% become unusable.
A simple example:

Code:
C:\CD %UserProfile%\Desktop
And

Code:
'Place to deposit excel output file
Depo=oShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%userprofile%" & "\Desktop\Folder_This_User_Needs_Easy_Access_To\")
if not objfso.folderexists(Depo) then
objFSO.CreateFolder(Depo)
end if
These no longer work when using Folder Redirection. I'm hoping there is a work around for this because a lot of my existing scripts depend on this variable remaining valid. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

A:How do I enable %UserProfile% for scripting with Folder Redirection?

Nevermind, apparently this can enable pointing to to a redirected profile:
oShell.SpecialFolders

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/279783-how-do-i-enable-userprofile-scripting-folder-redirection.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Synctoy .DAT FILE Folder Redirection Ok here is my issue. I am running windows server 2003 that does not have Active directory installed. I am using software called synctoy to sync two servers. The problem is Synctoy creates a .DAT file in local users appdata folder and it is about 2 gigs by the time it finishes well I dont hav 2 gigs to spare on the main drive so I want this file relocated, Synctoy does not give the option anywhee to relocate this file so I need a simple way to redirect the users/localsettings/appdata/microsoft/synctoy/2.0 folder

any ideas?

I don't have any idea at exactly how to help you. What I do know is that the ".dat" file is needed in case you directory letter changes. So if it changes from "C:\" whatever to "D:\" you can still sync the drives properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/synctoy-dat-file-folder-redirection-idea.1073858/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello everyone I've got Server no R running as path redirection changes client folder UNC 7 Windows a PDC for my small LAN The clients are an XP SP Pro laptop a Pro laptop and the server itself I created a folder redirection policy to keep the roaming profiles V and V in sync so e g quot V Start Menu quot points to quot Windows 7 client changes folder redirection UNC path V Start Menu quot Additionally I used this policy to redirect the Desktop and the Documents folder outside of the profile They point to a share e g quot Homeserver ProfilesLive username Desktop quot on Windows 7 client changes folder redirection UNC path the server This setup works flawlessly when switching between XP V and the V client All profiles folders are synced changes to Desktop and Documents are updated live on the server Windows 7 client changes folder redirection UNC path share When I log into the laptop however I see a very strange behaviour The profile settings like Start Menu Taskbar style Desktop background color etc are correct but folder redirection does not work because the client cannot find the share named quot Laptop ProfilesLive username Desktop quot This is quite odd because I never defined the client to be the host of that share Obviously Windows changes the UNC path it gets from the GPO on its own Some additional facts - the laptops had been members of a different domain before I added them to the current one - DNS NetBios ping works fine on all machines - initially the client loaded the folder redirection policy just fine upon login Desktop and Documents were there but the rest of the profile did not load without leaving any error message in the event log so I landed in a local temporary profile After manually copying the profile from the server to the client I got the error described above Any help would be greatly appreciated since I will otherwise just reinstall W Regards Eric

A:Windows 7 client changes folder redirection UNC path

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but it seems to relate to the same type of problem.
Add UNC path to search index in Windows 7

Download details: Windows Desktop Search: Add-in for Files on Microsoft Networks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/103272-windows-7-client-changes-folder-redirection-unc-path.html
Relevancy 50.31%

After well After don't launch folder redirection, app work quick configuring Folder Redirection on the domain server for my domain users group policy shortcuts on my quick launch isn t working like it used to before folder redirection Everytime when I click on the quick launch application icon I get this popup window Some files can harm your computer If the file information below looks suspicious or you do not fully trust the source do not open or save this file This window have an Open Cancel and More Info butons active and Save button grayed out If I click Open the application will be launched The check box quot After folder redirection, quick launch app don't work well Always asked before opening this type of file quot is checked and grayed out Is there After folder redirection, quick launch app don't work well a way to disabled this window When I click on the application icon on my quick launch I want the application to automatically launch I don t want the window popup asking me first then click on the Open button and then launch the application After folder redirection, quick launch app don't work well I dont want this second step Any suggestion on how to disable this window popup will be greatly appreciated ljCharlie nbsp

A:After folder redirection, quick launch app don't work well

Okay, I found out what the solution is on this. However, I have another problem. I have to include the server and folder that contains all my quick launch links in the Internet Explorer Local Intranet security zone. The problem now is, how do I edit the group policy to automatically include this so I don't have to manually add this to every profile?

ljCharlie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-folder-redirection-quick-launch-app-dont-work-well.252472/
Relevancy 50.31%

W2Ksbs2K - Desktop Folder redirection Permissions "dropping off" for some users intermittantly.

Desktop folder redirection to \\servername\FLDREDIR\<username> has been set up and working happily. IN the past few days i have had instances where users are now getting denied access to this redirected folder at login (in some cases asking them to authenticate). Synch fails and they get a partial desktop.

These (XP Pro Client) users havent changed their logon passwords recently, and havent had this problem previously.

Permissions on the FLDREDIR folder and sub folders are as per M$ Knowledgebase and havent been modified.

damn annoying - any ideas folks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sbs-2000-desktop-folder-redirection-permissions.278661/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I post this because Microsoft has made a huge problem for all buissnies that want to upgrade to e g MS Windows or now MS Windows We are a lot of buissnies that rely on user folders such as Documents and Desktop folders are redirected to a User drive on the network thru appllied group policy's This function DO NOT WORK in either Windows or Windows Why do Microsoft make such problems for their customers holding them on a Windows verisons and WHY DO THEY NOT FIX IT It has been a problem since Windows not on upgraded PC's from windows and of course policy's redirection thru not Folder group working MS do nothing to fix their errors What can we do Stop using Microsoft products or just not install any new Windows versions on a compagny scale until MS get their head out of their but and make Folder redirection not working thru group policy's something that works I'm so glad I discovered this before starting a full scale upgrade to Windows and would propperly now have to use a lot of time just to finde any work around for any policy's that will not work any more Damm MS this was not in my plans so hopy you will start fixing your issues ASAP or we just stay on Windows

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d7eb7921-1086-420e-b75a-8852b2119eca/folder-redirection-not-working-thru-group-policys?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.31%

Hiya

A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
System Requirements

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...96-0bd0-4355-9f29-2b26cb0961af&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/security-update-for-windows-server-2003-64-bit-edition-and-windows-xp-64-bit-edition.318166/