Windows Support Forum

wifi connection is missing. help pls...

Q: wifi connection is missing. help pls...

i was able to go to the internet using wifi but suddenly, the wifi icon on the lower right screen is gone. the wireless connection in network connection in control panel is gone too. there's a wifi switch in my laptop. if its on right, it means wifi is on (blue led). if its on left, wifi is off (orange led). but now, even if it's on right, the led is orange. so whichever side the switch is, the led is orange (means wifi is off).

im using windows xp media center edition.

can someone help me please?

thanx!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: wifi connection is missing. help pls...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, I have purchased hp-15-ba025au yesterday. After installing Windows 10 64 bit, I found that wifi is missing.  I am not seeing Wifi under device manager. Though I can see bluetooth. I am seeing one "Network Controller" under "Other devices". Not sure if it would help. Cheers,Dharmender 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:hp-15-ba025au wifi adapter and wifi connection missing

Hi: The parts list for your notebook indicates it comes with a Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=X5Q25PA Below are the links to the wireless and bluetooth drivers you need for that model wlan card... This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75613.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75614.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-15-ba025au-wifi-adapter-and-wifi-connection-missing/td-p/5693227
Relevancy 60.2%

So all of a sudden I can't connect to the Internet. I have my wifi switch on my laptop turned on, I've done everything so far so I could get my wifi back on, but it just won't happen. I've rebooted my laptop three times already, did the same thing with the modem, and nothing.
Refreshed and still nothing.
I've uploaded an image so to have a clearer picture of things. Hope it helps.
Please help. I need internet on my laptop.
My OS is win7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-option-on-control-panel-is-missing.1159217/
Relevancy 56.33%

It was working day before yesterday The Tray icon only shows the network Ethernet adapter the wifi icon is missing Normally I'd click on the wifi icon to connect to wifi networks that option is not available Instead I get quot Not Connected - No Connections Available quot If I plug in an Ethernet cable that message goes away But I need wifi I head into the quot Settings quot app choose quot Network amp Internet quot and the topmost tab is quot Airplane Mode quot the quot Wifi quot tab is missing from the Settings app I head into the control panel Tray Tab Icon WiFi Missing; Missing WiFi Settings network and internet network connections change adapter settings and my Wi-Fi adapter is there enabled and full green signal strength quot Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N quot WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing Disabled it and reenabled it to see if that would help didn't help Rebooting twice didn't help Full power reset press-hand-hold power button for seconds and restart didn't help Ran network troubleshooter it says there may be an issue with the wifi adapter's device driver it tried to fix it but failed So I manually updated the device driver in the Properties dialog that seemed to actually install a new driver based on how long it took but it didn't help I wonder if there was a recent auto-update for this device that's causing a problem Or is there some way behind the scenes to hook up this device who's driver seems to be working with the windows app which isn't recognizing it I'm pulling my hair out and wasting a lot of time on this Any help from the experts would be greatly appreciated Specs Windows Home -bit upgraded from Windows about months ago Samsung Laptop

A:WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing

OK I solved it this way:

in control panel, network and internet, network connections, change adapter settings:
1) disabled the adapter
2) uninstalled the driver (removing from disk)
3) deleted the adapter (right-click didn't let me do it; the option was disabled, but I could delete it by pressing the "del" key while selected)
4) refreshed the view (f5) and saw that the adapter was no longer in the list
5) went to the device manager
6) removed the device
7) chose "find new hardware", the device showed up in the list again
8) rebooted.

I was connected to the internet through an Ethernet cable connection while I did this; it may have helped but I'm not sure.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39729-wifi-settings-tab-missing-wifi-tray-icon-missing.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I've had experience this problem for a while now on my newly built windows rig Every few hours my Wifi simply stops working the connection is lost Sometimes it reconnects after a minute or so Most of the time I would need to manually disable enable the wifi adapter in my Network Settings to get it back up again It happened with a relatively expensive adapter that I bought not to long ago - Netgear A USB dual-band wifi adapter I found 2 hours (tested adapters) loses connection wifi on every Wifi diff few a thread about this issue here I've not been able to resolve it with any of the tips provided including downloading a generic rd party Mediatek driver I've used this same adapter without Wifi loses connection every few hours (tested on 2 diff wifi adapters) this problem on my older Win machine I thought maybe this adapter quot went bad quot So I tried to replace this adapter with an older Wifi adapter made by Rosewill using older Rosewill drivers The same issue occurs Again this Rosewill adapter worked perfectly in my Win system So I have a hunch the problem is Windows itself Does it not place nicely with existing or older wifi adapters on the market Would I need to buy a new adapter specifically certified for Windows Anyone have any insights on this would be greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53944-wifi-loses-connection-every-few-hours-tested-2-diff-wifi-adapters.html
Relevancy 50.74%

guys i have a strange problem with my WiFi lately
yesterday the my laptop lost the connection to my WiFi modem and when i tried to search it my laptop not find any WiFi modem but the other device such as: my smartphone detect it normally. but after that, i tried windows troubleshooting and it found that "you've lost your internet connect" and suggest some way to solve this problem, i followed the instruction and voila, my internet connection appear again but next 4 hours, it's dead again, i went to troubleshooting and it worked fine again.
so guys please help me to solve this annoying problem...
thanks before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-lost-wifi-connection-and-cant-detect-wifi.1108989/
Relevancy 50.31%

Although I am connected to our but No 13 ... internet Wifi Wifi on via Folio laptop connection wireless network on the Folio there is no internet connection I can however connect to the internet via Wifi on two other household laptops both of them HP so I believe the problem is with the Folio itself I can also connect to other computers on the network on the Folio but something is preventing it from getting on the internet I can only get the internet via hardwired ethernet connection on the Folio I have tried the following fixes multiple times No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... without success nbsp -Run the Windows troubleshooter for Internet Network It says the connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken But not on other wifi computers here--works fine -Reboot Reset the modem -Disable Renable the wifi adapter Intel Centrino Wireless N -Update wifi No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... adapter driver it says driver is up to date -Uninstall reinstall wifi adapter-Remove Wifi Network from list of available networks reboot add this network back in-Roll back all No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... Windows updates from the past month-Searched self-help forums for a possible solution nbsp And yes the wifi keyboard light is blue not orange nbsp Can someone help please

A:No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ...

Hi A visual reference point... From your description the fault is either with an app or hardware issue.  But if you follow the paths you may actually find the correct resolution. AAND I doubt I can can come up with anything new, but confirmation of the settings from your description, may help me to. So as an administrator, in a Command Prompt window (or copy and paste the whole netfixer.bat) short version... C:\WINDOWS\system32>getmacPhysical Address    Transport Name=================== ============================================48-E2-44-54-66-27   \Device\Tcpip_{F5FF31F1-C343-42B0-B6A9-BD17E49ED64C}B0-5A-DA-DE-84-28   Media disconnected48-E2-44-54-66-28   Media disconnected 1x Wi-FI, 1 x B/Tooth & 1 x Ethernet ----------------------------------------C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show interfacesThere is 1 interface on the system:    Name                   : WiFi 2    Description            : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    GUID                   : f5ff31f1-c343-42b0-b6a9-bd17e49ed64c    Physical address       : 48:e2:44:54:66:27    State                  : connected    SSID                   : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX    BSSID                  : 10:0d:7f:cf:2b:da    Network type           : Infrastructure    Radio type             : 802.11n    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal    Cipher                 : CCMP    Connection mode        : Auto Connect    Channel                : 11    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 72    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 72    Signal                 : 87%    Profile                : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------------------You can swap interfaces for drivers and settings, if you so choose. ------------------------------------------------------------- :: NetFixer.bat, Copy, Paste & Save As...:: Use a text editor (Notepad). Then edit:: the file, EG-Remove the :: in front of:: ::ipconfig -all >>IP.txt to make a txt:: file called IP.txt to read thru later.:: Run as Administrator for best [email protected] THIS MAY HELP TO REPAIR / RECTIFY,@ECHO VERY, SIMPLE NETWORK [email protected]@ECHO THE RESULTS MAY VARY ACCORDING [email protected] YOUR CONFIGURATION AND USER [email protected] A RE-BOOT MUST BE DONE AFTER [email protected] SOME OF THE CHECKS OPTIONED [email protected]:[email protected] TYPE IN YOUR PREFERRED MENU [email protected]@[email protected] 0 - PING_LO Ping test to [email protected] 1 - PING_MS Ping test to [email protected] 2 - GET_MAC Obtain MAC address(es)@ECHO 3 - GET_IPs Lists all IP [email protected] 4 - IP... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-internet-connection-on-Folio-13-laptop-via-Wifi-but-Wifi/td-p/5613506
Relevancy 49.88%

I've been using a Ethernet cable to connect to my computer for a while since it gave me a faster connection then wifi but I also use the Ethernet cable for other devices after a while I swap them I still could connect to wifi on my computer after a month pass I swapped it and I notice that my wifi is not connecting I have check it and it was nothing but a empty list I have searched the web for a solution for this problem but none of the solution worked I can no longer get wifi and I have no idea how to fix it I tried to update the network adaptor but nothing happened after all this manually connect to a wireless network gone missing and as wireless to Help 10 a and missing adaptor missing connect manually Windows network wifi well as my Wifi Network adaptor the only thing that showing in my network connection is quot Help Windows 10 manually connect to a wireless network missing and wifi adaptor missing Ethernet Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS quot and quot LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual Ethernet Adapter quot those are the only things showing please help Also I had my computer for years and my computer had a built in Wifi adaptor or so

A:Help Windows 10 manually connect to a wireless network missing and wifi adaptor missing

Hi welcome to Windows Central! Here's a link from MS that might help. If you need more help, please join the forum and start a thread! https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-get-connected Join the Windows Central Community!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444647-help-windows-10-manually-connect-wireless-network-missing-wifi-adaptor-missing.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I have a new Aspire ES ES - -P C with Windows I can connect to my wifi-router 13 - connection Wifi unstable / Wifi Es ran... Aspire and access the internet but the connection randomly drops after a couple of minutes I can Aspire Es 13 - unstable Wifi connection / Wifi ran... reconnect sometimes after running the windows troubleshooter The wifi-chip is a broadcom BCM It seems that there's an issue with the driver and or Windows Wifi works perfectly on Ubuntu-Linux booted from USB nbsp Here's what I've already tried - reboot of router- turn off all the energy-saving stuff in the device-manager- uninstall old drivers- install new drivers from the Acer site- install all windows updates- install driver in compatibility-mode windows - reset windows delete everything and reinstall windows from recovery nbsp The question really is if this is a known problem with the driver or the OS If so then I could install Windows But I'm very close to sending the laptop back because I really don't want to waste my time nbsp fixing a newly bought preconfigured laptop nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Aspire Es 13 - unstable Wifi connection / Wifi ran...

I had similar problem with ES15.  It started by dropping wifi after about one hour of use, then got worse...Also was plagued with the infamous "red x" over the network icon down in tray at bottom. After slight improvement when I updated the firmware (it was out of date), problem degraded to point that I could not connect at all, even with re-booting. Finally, even no internet with ethernet!   Problem finally solved by doing the following: press "control/alt/delete" all at once, select "Task Manager",click "Services Tab" at top, click "status" tab on line just below the tabs: this will re-sort the services alphabetically together according to their status's (ie running, stopped)...click again on status until all the services in the top  of the list you are seeing all say "stopped". Carefully begin going down the list top to end of services that are stopped, any stopped service that contains a reference to network, connection, connectivity, discovery,x-box,wireless, LAN, WAN, homegroup,:click on it (memorize the service name), right click on it: select "open services" find that service in the alphabetical list,(notice the descriptions here are very detailed now) RIGHT CLICK IT, select "Properties" select "Start", If startup type is not "Automatic", select "Automatic", click apply. Go back to the previous services page, continue down the list from previous service (that you just changed) and find the next one, repeat above steps. It may be faster to make a handwrite a list of all the stopped services as described above, then open the more in depth services page where you can then make the services automatic and start them one after the other. I did this to about 20 services, then rebooted and have never had a problem connecting with wifi or ehternet again! (and never getting the red x anymore either).  This method was used well after live tech support chat with Acer tech support. I wish I could offer a specific service that actually was the culprit, but I was so frustrated by the time I finally tried this, I had lost the patience to deal with documenting the changed services. Once it's fixed you can always go back and turn off services back to manual, but If I did that I would immediately make sure it has not degraded my wifi connectivity before continuing with more! Hope this helps, 'cause I'm Lovin' it! (I am seeing wifi's all around my house I never saw before!)Good luck....Ron   

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-Es-13-unstable-Wifi-connection-Wifi-randomly-disconnects/td-p/394267
Relevancy 47.73%

I have my LAN setup:
ADSL modem ->Router->Compute*r A , Computer B (wireless)

My laptop connects fine... but all of a sudden it just stops connecting to the internet. However the connection has a strong signal and still says it is connected...but it just lags and doesnt connect. Then it'll come back for little while. Sometimes I'll repair the wireless connection and it works again but only for a few minutes.

But here's a spooky thing....all this doesn't happen when i unplug my AC! that's right I'll have it plugged in to the power outlet, and wifi comes and goes...as soon as i unplug it and it runs on battery...the internet works fine...yikes

A:Solved: wifi connection coming and going..but LAN connection is fine

I can't see your exact positioning, but it sounds like you need to move your "brick" so that it is not interfering with the wireless signal when plugged in. When I forget, and start getting the same thing, I move mine at least a foot away from the wireless adaptor and out of the path to the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-connection-coming-and-going-but-lan-connection-is-fine.419751/
Relevancy 47.73%

Dear all I generally have good WiFI connection but in two rooms so I am running a TP-Link system for Wifi through my powernet which provides me with WiFI in our working space No problems here I have been noticing that on my laptop when I sit in the living space my internet connection is dropping WITHOUT randomly dropping WiFi connection through connection Internet losing connection to the WiFi network This makes me reset my adapter but mostly without succes Sometimes it spontaneously regains internet connectivity This happens at random to Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection me My cell phone doesn't have the same problem Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection nor does my Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection GF's computer I notice that when i go back to the workspace where wifi is distributed through my TP-link more often then not I instantly regain connection Which makes me think this is a problem of IP adress that is different when switching from Wifi through router and Wifi through TP-link Here is the runout for my ipconfig all and Output for 'netsh wlan show all' Windows IP Configuration docx Regards Robin

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57254-internet-connection-randomly-dropping-through-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 47.73%

(I cannot run the utility because I am unable to get online at all. Currently using my iPhone)

Recently switched to Comcast ISP and although my computer shows that my wifi is connected, I cannot get online . If I restart my laptop it may get me connected for a few minutes at the most then it will say "webpage not available"

Also when I connect to google chrome it is now giving me three windows, search conduit, search ask and default search .dont know why that is happening either .

Help! Not tech savy at all (clearly!)

Relevancy 47.3%

Dear concern, Good day I recently setup my laptop (HP Notebook - 14-ac037tu)  in windows 7 but it is not connecting with my wifi network. And it is also not working even after connecting with broadband network. So many hard ware is not installing drivers because I cant find them anywhere.Please give me solution. here is a view of the problem:   Thank you,Ahsan   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-wifi-connection-and-no-wifi-driver/td-p/5635294
Relevancy 46.87%

What the hell is going on?

I have an Lenovo P500. Running 8.1. Intel N2230 wifi card

It does have a connection, every now and then it may drop but not really.

On the icon in the bottom right corner if I just hover the mouse over the wifi icon it is normal, name of connection and internet access. If I click the icon the purple box pops up on the right and it says The connection is limited.

I have tried rollback, installing an updated driver from Lenovo support, Disable bluetooth and a couple other.

Wifi works on every computer. Just this 8.1 it does not.

Whenever I restart the computer it forgets the password, I have to re enter the password every time even though I have connect automatically checked.

A:Windows 8.1 .. Wifi connection = The connection is limited

Are you trying to connect to a Public Wifi hotspot, or your own personal network?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67806-windows-8-1-wifi-connection-connection-limited.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, I have installed Windows 10 Home within the last 3-4 months and I have been experiencing several issues. The one of concern is connecting to certain wifi networks. I am able to connect to my hotspot on my phone and certain wireless routers but I am unable to connect my home 5g router, well the 2g connection.I have tried using the following links to solve the problem:https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Wifi-connection-dropped-connect...and https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/WiFi-problem-No-internet-DNS-Not-working...  (namely the "ipconfig /flushdns" cmd, which did get the connection to come with 'connected, secured', however I was still unable to use the browser.) I have removed any vpn that I have been using and have updated by network driver via the device manager > network adapter > Intel(R) Wireless - N7260 > update driver software route have made no progress. Can anyone offer any assistance?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Wifi-connection-dropped-connection-slow-performance/td-p/3385767
Relevancy 46.87%

My hp laptop will no longer connect to the internet thru both a wifi connection or cable connection. I've also tried to do a system restore to an earlier date and it will not let mme do this either. HELP!!!

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a iMac and I have installed Windows7 using Bootcamp v4.0.

When I use the computer on MacOS X I am able to connect to the Wireless Connection named ([email protected]), also when I restart the computer the same connection shows on the boot-loader screen. But when I am on the Windows 7, I am unable to see the same connection in WIFI connection list. I was earlier able to connect it, but now it doesn't shows up in the list.

All other Wifi enabled devices viz. Android Phone, iPad are able to connect to the same connection & they are in the same room. So why I am unable to connect the iMac when on Windows 7.

How do I fix this?

A:Wireless Connection - WIFI connection not showing up

Hello,

Can you please provide us an ipconfig /all output for review?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/289918-wireless-connection-wifi-connection-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium computer that is not connected to the internet. I have checked the drivers and they are all installed correctly and operational. When I go into the adapter settings there is no Local Area Connection adapter. I have included some screen shots of what I am seeing if they help.

-Chris

A:Local Area Connection missing from network adapters, no connection

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

In that computer management window (while Device Manager is selected in the left pane), select View from the menu bar. Then uncheck View hidden devices. Do you see any Network adapters now?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/295663-local-area-connection-missing-network-adapters-no-connection.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Ok so I've looked around this forum and other forums for how to get back the Local area connection and i get stuck. In the Network Connections, I only have "1394 Net Adapter" and no Local Area Connection. What's going on. They say make sure in the device manager it is not disabled. But I only have the 1394 Net Adapter driver in the Network Adapters. Where is my local area connections driver ? Its not there !

I have a clear modem (CPEi 25150) and a D-Link wireless router (DIR-601) and they are connected and set up. It all worked fine before I reset my PC back to factory settings and wiped out everything, but now this happens and I can't get on the Internet. Help ?

A:Local Area Connection missing and no Internet Connection.

Hello,

Have you tried going to "Add hardware" in control panel?

Start -> Control Panel -> Add Hardware -> Click next, and it should detect the network adapter is connected to your computer but hasn't been installed and it should install it for you.

Post back here with results aswell

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-missing-and-no-internet-connection.1009995/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello guys, I just want to know if it is possible to connect two (2) laptops through WIFI without using an AccessPoint?

A:WIFI to WIFI Connection

You can, there's instructions here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-to-wifi-connection.577354/
Relevancy 43.86%

Is anyone having issues with their Windows 10 tablets not connecting to 5G wifi?
I have a couple of Dell Venue 1 Pro 5130 tablets; and they suddenly cannot connect to the 5g wifi at my place simultaneously. They can still be connected to the 2.4g wifi. Meanwhile, all of my BlackBerry 10 phones are fine being connected to the 5g wifi.
Since I have the auto update and install on for both of my Windows tablets, I am thinking it has to do with some update that MS pushed in the past few days. Any ideas?
Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

A:Wifi Connection with 5G wifi

Originally Posted by skstrials Is anyone having issues with their Windows 10 tablets not connecting to 5G wifi?
I have a couple of Dell Venue 1 Pro 5130 tablets; and they suddenly cannot connect to the 5g wifi at my place simultaneously. They can still be connected to the 2.4g wifi. Meanwhile, all of my BlackBerry 10 phones are fine being connected to the 5g wifi.
Since I have the auto update and install on for both of my Windows tablets, I am thinking it has to do with some update that MS pushed in the past few days. Any ideas?
Posted via the Windows Central App for Android try adding the wifi again and also restarting the router

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/435636-wifi-connection-5g-wifi.html
Relevancy 43.43%

hello ...
i'm using toshiba portege m600 with xp
i cant see my wifi signal from my computer .. but my neighbours wifi is visible and my son computer has no problem using my wifi ...
tq for any response ...

Relevancy 43.43%

I have an inspiron dell 3542 laptop that runs on windows 8.1 64 bit...after doing a system restore my wifi stopped working...there is no enable/disable option and restoring the system does nothing..i even reinstalled windows to no avail.i noticed that the adapter in device manager doesnt exist and that seems to be the root of the problem..i installed some supposed drivers by transfering the install file through usb but nothing changed...i would appreciate any forms of help.

A:wifi adapter gone missing

Supposed drivers? You should download the drivers from the Dell site for your model and try those. Make sure they are the ones for 8.1 64-bit.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70041-wifi-adapter-gone-missing.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi !
I have a windows 10, and found it impossible to connected to my library wifi network.
There's a "no access" message displayed; in fact the network is available.
Troubleshoot tool said "One or several network protocol are missing".
How to solve this issue ?
Thanks a lot !

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3a8a1a6b-b443-4dec-9333-bbc7636b2a9c/wifi-protocols-missing?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi !
I have a windows 10, and found it impossible to connected to my library wifi network.
There's a "no access" message displayed; in fact the network is available.
Troubleshoot tool said "One or several network protocol are missing".
How to sold this ?
Thanks a lot

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a30f9003-986a-4be9-8776-f0df32a88413/wifi-protocols-missing?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 43.43%

I have recently upgraded my winows 8.1 to 10. after updated my all drivers are working properly except wifi driver. so, i visited hp support and downloaded the latest driver-(Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Drivers )after installing it i didnt found driver in my laptop. from tht instant im not able to connect through wifi .I had tried so many ways to solve my problem but i can't.please try to fix it

A:wifi driver is missing

@denni2? To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop??? http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-driver-is-missing/td-p/5701750
Relevancy 43.43%

long time i have been using windows 7 which have no drivers for wifi so i ignored wifi and used ethernet. i had a keyboard change from hp service centre under warreny period .now when i updated to windows 10 i updated my wifi driver and found not working seeking online help i gonna reset my wireless board and found 1 cable is missing and other is unplugged when i connected one my bluetooth began to work but still one wire missing . i have hp 2000-2d28 notebook which shows only one wire  on wireless card and fine working can u refer me a solution which i can do myself or is it better to take to an hp care?

A:wifi cable missing

Hi @harimanjakala, Thank you for posting at HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that you found the WiFi driver, so you want to connect the WiFi card to use the WiFi function. Is the notebook needs to be fixed HP Pavilion g6-2313tu Notebook PC? If so, you can refer to this Maintenance and Service Guide. On Page 50, you will find the instruction of how to disassemble and assemble the WLAN module. From the maintenance and service guide: The 1/black WLAN antenna cable is connected to the WLAN module 1/Main terminal. The 2/gray WLAN antenna cable is connected to the WLAN module 2/Aux terminal. Which cable is missing? It could not be found in the laptop? You may need to find a match one. If the laptop is still in warranty, it is better to contact HP support for repair. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-cable-missing/td-p/5695634
Relevancy 43.43%

So my only network adapter showing under device manager is the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller.

No matter what I do (numerous restarts, run as administrator, etc) I cannot get the WiFi adapter to download from the HP site.

I have an HP G6-1b79dx Windows Professional x64.

A:WiFi Adapter Missing

Hi there .. Can you download any thing from the net .. Or is it just the HP website ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/306944-wifi-adapter-missing.html
Relevancy 43%

I INSTALLED WINDOWS 7, BUT I CANT CONNECT WIFI AND BLUTOOTH..SO PLEASE SEND ME WLAN & BLUTOOTH DRIVER LINK

A:MISSING WIFI & BLUTOOTH DRIVER

Hi: According to the parts list for your notebook, it comes with a Ralink RT3290LE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 combination adapter. These would be the W7 wireless and bluetooth drivers you need for that model wlan card... This package contains the driver installation package for the Ralink wireless LAN Controllers in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71525.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the MediaTek/Ralink Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70570.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/MISSING-WIFI-amp-BLUTOOTH-DRIVER/td-p/5726654
Relevancy 43%

I had recently had downgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 8 (Pro) using an installiation disk I got from college (but didn't use it until now). The installiation was successful, but the laptop does not recognize any wireless wifi signals. My old laptop and other household products are able to connect to the wifi just fine. (using my old laptop to type this message). I believe I had wiped the drivers that were previously installed when I had downgraded. What should I do?My laptop (the one I want to fix) is an HP Notebook 15 touchscreen. (Product code on box: 15-F211WM)Thanks in advance.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Notebook missing Wifi Driver

Hi, Yours machine uses  Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11bg/n 1x1 WiFi adapter    Source:   http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=L0T32UA               (Please bookmark the above link for future referrences). Please try the following driver:      http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_134477_1 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Notebook-missing-Wifi-Driver/td-p/5595521
Relevancy 43%

Hello guys, hope someone can help me figure out whats going on with my tablet (WinBook). I've installed W10 few weeks ago since then never had any problems with it, but today I noticed I cannot connect to wifi. it's gone from Network settings, if I open "connection" icon on task bar I only see Airplane mode..Network adapter from Device manager is also gone. I have no idea what to do now...
I did try this - connect to internet via Bluetooth from Lumia phone and with Intel Driver Update Utility scanned tablet, only thing it found is update for Graphics driver.. what else can I do?

A:W10 - Network Adapter is missing - no WiFi. What can I do?

I don't know why you are using the intel driver update, but maybe you should get the drivers from the oem tablet?
maybe you should look in the update settings history and see if you got some weird thing there or anything.
maybe check updates with the bluetooth connection, or scan for hardware changes in device manager.
I tried to get you the link of Winbook drivers, BUT I am not sure if it's microcentertech and if that's the one the made your tablet, well their site is crap. maybe you should give some exact model or anything. I am sure if we got the wifi driver and you installed it, everything would go back to normal.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/383899-w10-network-adapter-missing-no-wifi-what-can-i-do.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello,
So I like to keep my Mother's laptop clean and tidy with teamviewer but alas her wifi internet connection is down.
No connection available. From what I can gather the router is flashing as normal but the wireless connection icon on her Windows 10 taskbar is not showing the connected icon.
What would you suggest I ask her to do?
Should I get her to open the device Manager/Network adapters/Right click 802.11n wireless card and choose uninstall followed by reboot? Should She delete the driver software for this device before rebooting or leave that box un checked?
Thanks for your help.
Kind regards,
s.

A:Wifi Connection Is Down...

Is it showing a wireless icon but not connected, or no icon at all? Does she have a cable she could use pro tem?

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/wifi-connection-is-down.307026/
Relevancy 43%

Hi. I have a linksys BEFSR41 Router and i need help setting
up a Wi-Fi connection. Every time i search for an access point,
it says i have no access point in range. I tried the manual setup
but i keep getting error 51100 "Unable to connect to the access point. confirm the correct
WEP key has been entered"

Where do i find my WEP key?

A:HELP! Ds wifi connection help

WEP key is the password u use to connect to the access point

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-ds-wifi-connection-help.919041/
Relevancy 43%

so yesterday i was in the security forum struggling with viruses and after a quiet response i opted for a re-install.

Been ok so far until it gets to the connect to internet.

The PC has a wireless connection to a hub in another room.

The manual says look for the wireless connection icon in the sys tray.......... but there is none there... in device manager there is a 1394 network adapter.

i have tried the disable reboot and enable routine to no avail..

where do i go from here .. PLEASE??

thanks
Adrian

A:wifi connection

You say, "The PC has a wireless connection to a hub in another room." So, what is the issue?

Since I assume you do have some kind of connection problem ...

After the Windows install did you install the chipset drivers and then the networking and any other needed drivers from your Drivers CD or from the PC manufacturer's web site? Do you have any warnings, errors or unknown devices in Device Manager?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection.747823/
Relevancy 43%

earlier my laptop was connecting to wifi but not nowno wifi connection is displaying on the connection setting no wifi connectivity is there in my laptop where as others do connect to the same wifi network 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/no-wifi-connection/td-p/5707722
Relevancy 43%

I'm trying to connect to my wifi. I have bought a win 98 compatable wireless card, but although it is seeing the wireless router it won't connect.

I can't see where I need to enter the password for the router either.

Can anyone give me some advice please?

A:WIFI Connection Win 98

Try disabling all encryption and MAC filtering on the router and see if you can connect. I suspect that most W98 cards may not support WPA, which could be part of the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-win-98.739692/
Relevancy 43%

I have a HP mini windows xp. Why can't I access WiFi?

A:Wifi connection

Hello HP Customer, Can you please help me with the details of your computer. Basically what is the model and product number for me to verify the product details and will revert on further information. Thanks,Mahesh

I work for HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connection/td-p/5605662
Relevancy 43%

Hello, I'm new here. I just got a very old laptop, and I know nothing about computers. I know its microsoft run and im trying to get it connected to my up to date wifi, but it isnt working out. In the control panel it recognizes that the wifi is there but it says it has limited or no connectivity. It also says its problem is that the network did not assign a network address to the computer. ive done a little research on this but still nothing has worked. my wifi does need a password but it hasn't yet asked for it.

Relevancy 43%

My windows 8 won't connect to my wireless at home but will connect everywhere else.
It tells me that my ip needs configuration and that the media is disable on my networks among 100000 other problems that are apparently stopping me from connecting properly, but wouldn't that mean that this problem would occur every time i tried to connect to any internet connection?

THe wifi connects but comes up with "limited" and won't load any content. I assumed that is from the media being disabled but i can't find out how to enable it again!?

I've looked up every possible forum PLEASE HELP:cry::cry::cry:

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/33331-no-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello guys, i just purchased my Y700 from a store. I noticed that i was not receiving good signals from my wifiNot in terms of bars, but when i did a speedtest, i got like 16 Mbps (my plan is 50). I put another laptop beside my y700 , and i speedtest it, and i got 50 on that other laptop.I also noticed that the speed dropped and not getting any stable connection. Is there any solutions to this? I updated my wireless adapter driver and such but still bad connectionThank you!

A:Bad wifi connection

try uninstalling power manager software or change settings in advanced power options

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Bad-wifi-connection/td-p/3391016
Relevancy 43%

i purchased an accer asprire 2315 laptop in april. has vista basic. came with 3 months free trial norton anti spyware . not sure if this is problem. trial period is over. am unable to connect to internet through wifi. would like to uninstall and use microsoft software that came with computer if possible. don,t know what to do. tried, unable to accomplish off line.

thank u

Relevancy 43%

Recently upgraded to Windows 10. No problems. Today I'm connected to wifi and can access Yahoo, Yahoo mail and my G-mail account, but I can not connect to other internet sites. Help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connection/td-p/5670683
Relevancy 43%

hi

my son has a Nintendo DS USB Wifi antenna. Shouldn't this be able to pick up wifi connections as well? it obviously has to communicate with the Nintendo unit but I dont see a wifi connection screen on the computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection.878706/
Relevancy 43%

Hi
I have a wifi connection without any protection. now these days i cannot work on it. it tells me that
there is not any access on internet. earlier i could work on it. but the line is always without any protection. if you can help me, then please help me. thanks

You are going to have to provide much more detail if you want help i.e. system info, router, how connected together etc and what problem you are having with them, thanks...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/272720-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi, really need help here!
Can't get the wifi connection for a while. Tried everything I could. Even restored the laptop to the manufacture status. Still doesn't work. please see the attached details of the laptop.

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ): ​
In the command prompt window that opens

Type the following command
Ping 192.168.1.1
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 98.139.183.24
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connection exists without DNS.
these tests then confirm if there is a dns issue on the connection.Click to expand...

if you see on the results a
"general Failure"
PING: transmit failed. General failure.Click to expand...

This sometimes means a firewall issue
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection.1137764/
Relevancy 43%

Ok I hook up my laptop to my modem with an Ethernet cable and then when I use wifi Connection / wifi I use an Ethernet cable between Connection / wifi the modem and the router correct So whats wrong with that setup what else could I use then Ethernet and why and would it be better and would I notice it being better A friend mentioned something called quot Network quot then he dropped it when it couldn t explain it so am I missing something Also when I use the modem my ISP speed is gigs just love that but then when I want to move about with the lap top I use a netgear N and I get a huge over the top drop in speed down to gigs Is that normal do I need a better router to get better in sync with my Arris Modem or what Can I speed up my router and if so how Just got a router this past week and was shocked at the huge speed drop off using a router for the st time now to get mobile now and then Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Connection / wifi

Ok I hook up my laptop to my modem with an Ethernet cable and then when I use wifiClick to expand...

why do you use both ?

Ethernet Cable will usually be faster and more reliable

Wireless speed is effected by a number of factors - distance , quality , obstructions , type of adapter/router "G", "N"
and yes its quite common to have a drop in speed

you will not have 58 gigs

the speed is usually quoted as Mbps (Mega bits per second)

the ISP and your connection type (broadband provider) will determine the speed yo can get at the modem
what are you paying for - usually quoted as approx or upto speeds

lets see an xirrus screen shot - so a) see the signal and b) possible interference

if you are about 4 feet away from the modem/router and with NO obstructions
what speed do you get and how are you measuring that speed
I recommend
www.speedtest.net
also run
www.pingtest.net

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr b... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-wifi.1151907/
Relevancy 43%

Hi to all on this brill site, I'm to this site and need some help if poss. I have a works supplied Toshiba Satellite pro c650 laptop running windows 7. I travel the world and have to use hotel and site WiFi to carry out my work. But some times I can not connect, the laptop will find the best conx and using the correct pass word etc. But it will not give me access, so is it the router or my laptop that's the problem. Thanks if you can help.

Wayne

check the fire wall settings is allowing access for the device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection.1007157/
Relevancy 43%

Hi can anyone help me. I am in the process of setting up wilress networking, I have completed the first stage and have the router an dmodem connected , when I try to get the Pc linked with the one upstairs it says time out, what is causing this and how do I resolve it?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection.772257/
Relevancy 43%

I have just had a new smart tv ,when I try to set the computer on the tv through wifi it is asking loads of imfo the only 2 details I know is the network name , its asking for subnet mask and a couple of other things I don't understand plus how do I find this imfo out ive been to there website but is not helped me( samsung _ I have a wifi printer that works fine so when I try to set up the connection on tv it is asking for an ip address im not sure of this either , does each device have a different address say like 192.168.0. ?????? 1.2.3.4 depending on how many devices is running would my printer have a different address to my computer . any help is always appreciated thankyou

A:wifi connection to tv

Quote: Originally Posted by Bosslady

I have just had a new smart tv ,when I try to set the computer on the tv through wifi it is asking loads of imfo the only 2 details I know is the network name , its asking for subnet mask and a couple of other things I don't understand plus how do I find this imfo out ive been to there website but is not helped me( samsung _ I have a wifi printer that works fine so when I try to set up the connection on tv it is asking for an ip address im not sure of this either , does each device have a different address say like 192.168.0. ?????? 1.2.3.4 depending on how many devices is running would my printer have a different address to my computer . any help is always appreciated thankyou

Rather than trying to set up a static IP, you should see a setting there to enable DHCP which will input all the settings for you automatically.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/287745-wifi-connection-tv.html
Relevancy 43%

Sometimes when I turned on my laptop the wifi connection isn't available.(Nothing is shown on the wifi list) I tried turning wifi on and off and also disabled and reenabled the wifi adapter but neither worked. I have to restart my laptop every time when this happened.(It happened only when I first turned on my laptop) What could the problem be?

Thank you in advance!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/no-wifi-connection-available-1113994.html
Relevancy 43%

whenever i take my laptop out of the house, use it at a coffee shop or library, and then bring it back home, i always have issues reconnecting to my home wifi. for it to work, i usually have to unplug the power from the router then try it again. this only happens when i use my laptop at another wifi connection for a while... any resolution to this? its very annoying..

when i connect to my home network, i dont any have issues when i try to reconnect the next day, it only happens when it leaves the house!

itll connect to the router, and say internet access, but then when i load the internet it doesnt work.. sometimes it says limited activity.. only when i disconnect the router and reconnect it, does the internet start working again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection.937707/
Relevancy 43%

ok, total newb question. my laptop which I've previously been able to use to connect to open wifi networks no longer seems to function properly. I can connect to the network (or so it says) but I'm unable to get online. Apparently I'm getting "no response" from the dns server. I literally have no idea how to fix this. anyone have a techno-weenie solutions?

Welcome to TSG, and happy christmas

can you open a command prompt please: start >> run >> type "cmd" and press ENTER

in the box type each of the following and press ENTER after each one, and allow each one time to finish:

ipconfig /all
ping www.yahoo.com
netstat -n

now right click in the window, click on "select all" in the submenu that appears. and then press ENTER to copy the data. right click and paste into your next post.

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection.782179/
Relevancy 43%

Hello all

i got a problem with my wifi, actually its not only me, it affects a lot of students on the campus here. the problem is we have wifi, but only torrent clients work (that means we can only download movies and stuff), but we cant use internet, no browser works. only this 1 dude who had and old laptop with windows xp could use internet. so i tried putting on xp, but it didnt work. so what is the problem? maybe by changing port will help? tried to google how to change ports and stuff but didnt find nothhing. so what should i do

thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-wifi-connection-510620.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi nbsp I recently purchased this HP Notebook - WiFi Connection -x nr running Windows -Bit nbsp But when I try to connect to the internet via WiFi or Android HotSpot I get web pages that says nbsp An issue prevented Google Chrome from displaying the web page Click the button to the left to launch HP Network Check to automatically diagnose and repair the issue nbsp nbsp With Edge and FireFox it simply does not enter a website nbsp Just states connection errors WiFi Connection nbsp However when I check the internet access it is strong nbsp nbsp And then sometimes I AM connected to the internet same way as before but the connection goes in and out nbsp All the while the connection is weak nbsp What is the issue here nbsp And what is with this HP Network Check button nbsp Seems like HP knew there was a problem with the adapters but installed them and sold the laptops anyway nbsp nbsp Your Solution s

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-Connection/td-p/5754480
Relevancy 43%

Ive just bought a brand new hp laptop, with windows 10, 32 bit. I am having so much difficulty with the wifi, i have tried everything from troubleshooting, to codes and BIOS resetting. Nothing has worked! My wifi router is fine as my phone and other devices are connected perfectly, however it says 'No WiFi networks found' when i click on the wifi icon. Im in desperate need of fixing this as i believe i have tried everything!

We have to know the model number of the laptop. We have to know what kind of wireless card. If you have 32 bit Windows 10 I am thinking it is a relatively low-end model and HP unfortunately puts some low-end wi-fi cards in those models, using a single antenna lead. But I digress. We need the model number. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connection/td-p/5616219
Relevancy 43%

how to connect your laptop to wifi without appearing in the list of the router owner??

A:wifi connection ???

When I connect my laptop to Wi-Fi I don't worry about "appearing in the list of the router owner." And I can think of no good reason for you to care either. Closing, as we do not help with such activity.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection.1064368/
Relevancy 43%

Hi guys I have been messing with this thing for days and nothing I am reading seems to solve the problem I don t know what my wife did to her tablet but I want to fix it for her The machine is Nextbook and it runs Wifi but connection no Windows It used to Wifi but no connection connect to the internet fine and then it wouldn t The internet is all on the same connection and it works on every other device in the house When she tries to connect on hers it says Wifi is on but no connections are available I have tried to manually connect but a connection still cannot be found My connection shows up in quot Known connections quot but the only option there is to quot forget quot the connection I used the command prompt and did the resets rebooted and all of that The config says that on all of my network adapters the media is disconnected but the drivers appear to be working properly from the device manager Also it says IP routing is disabled Any idea how to get it running again I will be checking this frequently and will answer any questions I can I didn t post the ipconfig here because I can t find my flash drive but I will ask my wife for hers when she gets home nbsp

A:Wifi but no connection

Have you tried "forgetting " the network and then inputting the info again?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-but-no-connection.1166736/
Relevancy 43%

I usually work on hardware issues so Im a little in over my head, so I figured I'd ask some smarter people. ^_^ My friend brought me his laptop, it works fine with dial-up, picks up wi-fi hotspots, but even after connecting, the browsers aren't seeing any net. This is the info I could get on it...

Pentium 4 CPU/2.80GHz
448MB RAM
AC'97 Modem
Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG

I only got to look at it a few minutes before its battery died, so I'd have to call for anymore information off it (which makes finding a solution even harder) but any ideas?

A:WIFI But No Connection?

it could be a virus blocking
it could be the wireless network switched OFF - often a switch on the laptop , or and FN + F key
it could be a driver issue and need a new driver
it could be a security suite / firewall blocking access
it could be a proxy setting - start>control panel > internet options > connection tab> lan settings > proxy setup there

otherwise we would want to see the following info
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments b... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-but-no-connection.984957/
Relevancy 43%

Hello every one out there i am new to this forum So this is my first question I'm new to windows connection Wifi recently bought a desktop and I have a question about it regarding my network connections When I open Control Panel Network and Internet Network and Sharing Center three icons under the currently connected to section Wifi connection One is my broadband connection with bench icon and below it says Internet Access Second one is my wireless network connection wyp with house icon and below it says No internet access Third one is another bench icon with name wyp and below it says No internet access I don t know from where the third icon connection came from How do I delete it Though my wireless network says connected I don t have any internet connections I have tried to run diagnostic and its DNS server isn t responding Therefore I m using broadband connection instead Please help to set up wireless connection Edit Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum Animal

Hi wangdyp

Most desktops do not have internal or USB wireless adapter but it is an option to add to acquire wireless connections on home networks. I presume you are viewing this network connections or is the same by looking on your system tray network icon and clicking it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490183/wifi-connection/
Relevancy 43%

I need help with this. All laptops, cell phones and tablets can connect to My WiFi/router except the desktop.

The second and third attachment shows the results from the diagnosis which all didn't work.

I then did the "cmd" in the run field in order to release and renew dns but to no avail. That's the first attachment you see.

Any suggestions?

A:no connection to WiFi

where are the "attachments"? I don't see them posted in your thread.
and what kind of "desktop" computer are you using that has the wifi connection problem?
you may need to install a stronger usb wireless lan adapter so that it can find your wifi/router

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/303384-no-connection-wifi.html
Relevancy 43%

My wifi connection has sucked since the day connection Wifi they installed it but only option unless I go back to dial up or switch back to Hughes net and boy it doesn't take long to exceed MB in a hour period so Hughes net is OUT Anyways so far I love Windows until I have to deal with restarting my Wifi connection wifi I liked XP's way of repairing the connection It was fairly fast and usually helped solve my issues This thing that and Vista does when it repairs takes forever and I'm lucky if I have a connection at all after it spends minutes examining my system and in the end I have to unplug the primary router unplug the power supply for the wifi accelerator unplug the cable between actual outside wifi antenea and the accelerator box and then plug everything back in I guess my question is is it possible to force windows to do what XP did when repairing my connection

Hello Meduza.

To manually do what XP does to repair the connection, do the following:

1. Open Control Panel - Network And Sharing Center - on the left pane click "Manage Wireless Networks", find your wireless network in the list and delete it.

2. Go back to Network And Sharing Center - on the left pane click "Change adapter settings", right click on your wifi connection and select "Disable". Then after 4-5 seconds, right click again and select Enable.

That's the most of it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/4882-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello, I am 14 and I have a DSi and I was playing pokemon diamond and couldn't get the wifi to work so I could get a friend code. This has also been happening with Animal Crossing: Wild World. Can you please help me to set up my wifi?

Relevancy 43%

I recently restored a laptop with Windows XP on it. After I got it set back up and tried to connect it to WiFi it won't connect. It keeps asking for WEP key. I tried the password but didn't work. Can you please help??

Relevancy 43%

I have no idea what to do i know it is about drivers but i cant connect to the internet at all can someone please help me!

A:no wifi connection what do i do?

What exactly are you experiencing when trying to connect to the Internet via WiFi?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/17649-no-wifi-connection-what-do-i-do.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 on my mini because the Windows 10 upgrade left it basically unusable. I've successfully installed windows 7 professional on it however I'm unable to connect to my wifi to do any updates. Under the device manager it says I am missing a network controller and a video controller. I was able to find a network adapter (Realtek PCI FE Family Controller) but I need help locating the others. I've tried to look up available drivers under my product on the HP website but it only had something Windows 10 specific. Device Instance path:Network controller: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_145C103C&REV_01\4&EDE306C&0&00E0 Video Controller: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A012&SUBSYS_1584103C&REV_00\3&21436425&0&11 Thank you for any assistance!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Cannot connect to wifi, network driver missing

Hi: You need these drivers... Network controller: This package contains drivers for the supported Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapters in the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems. File name: sp57965.exe Video Controller:  You posted you are running W7 64 bit, but your notebook came with W7 32 bit. You would need to use the 64 bit graphics driver directly from Intel for the 64 bit version.  2nd one on the list. Note:  I think the Intel driver site is messed up because when I click on the link to get to the driver, nothing happens, and this has happened to me twice today. You may have to wait until after the 4th of July holiday to get the driver if you have the same issue. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/intel-graphics-media-accelerator-3150-intel-gma-3150.html

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Cannot-connect-to-wifi-network-driver-missing/td-p/5677927
Relevancy 42.57%

Sooooo My WiFi card basically disappeared This happened before but the computer was able to fix itself Randomly for no apparent reason the WiFi card disappears from device manager and the WiFi setting disappears in Windows settings Last time I didn't do anything to fix it I found the device in the hidden section if device manager I uninstalled it and restarted a whole bunch Card WiFi R7-371t Missing Acer of times I guess eventually it re-detected it and started working again for a week or two So I've been trying that again It might not be a surprise that it's not really working out so far heh This time I did go onto Acer's driver page obviously not with the computer with the not working internet and got the drivers for WiFi Acer R7-371t Missing WiFi Card Intel I have an Intel r Dual Band Wireless-AC Sooooo yeah Hope someone knows a fix for this because my laptop is basically bricked now Thankfully I have a desktop but its obviously not portable Thanks in advance

A:Acer R7-371t Missing WiFi Card

Something you can try.Shut down and then start holding Fn and as soon as you see the Acer logo, tap F3.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-R7-371t-Missing-WiFi-Card/td-p/425713/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all I just reinstalled Windows on an older notebook one of the first with it so it was ORIGINALLY with Windows and am now having issues with 7 missing adapter reinstall Wifi Windows after the WiFi It has never had any issues with this before so it is not an issue with the hardware I have followed the instructions given on a few sites and I have found that the WiFi card is listed under problem devices in the System Information window The vendor is and the device is C Wifi adapter missing after Windows 7 reinstall After finding that I went on the hunt for the drivers adapters for this but I was unable to find them I downloaded the wireless drivers available on Dell to no avail Even Wifi adapter missing after Windows 7 reinstall after installing each and restarting it did not fix the issue The only driver that seemed to match the lookup for that device was hosted on HP but installing that also did nothing If it matters I am currently on a Dell Studio Laptop Any help would be appreciated and I will give any information necessary I have attached a picture of the System Info Problem Devices If anyone knows what the others are or if they are important I would appreciate that Wifi adapter missing after Windows 7 reinstall too but I care much more about the WiFi nbsp

A:Wifi adapter missing after Windows 7 reinstall

Device #422C is a Broadcom WiFi and Vendor #8086 is Intel.
So if Dell is of no use, start digging around Intel or Broadcom's sites for native drivers.

Source: http://www.pcidatabase.com/search.php?device_search_str=422C

EDIT: Just realize this is from September. Whoops

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-adapter-missing-after-windows-7-reinstall.205416/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi guys, im going to install windows 8.1 on my lenovo g50-30, but thers no wifi Realtek driver to download , only Intel, anyonee has an idea where to get it ? 

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-30-Missing-Wifi-Realtek-Driver-for-Windows-8-1-on-Lenovo-G50/td-p/3395114
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi there My network adapter has disappeared overnight The computer was on all along and when I got to it in the morning the adapter missing device manager Wifi from network was Limited I turned airplane mode on off no networks were showing I disabled the adapter but it would Wifi adapter missing from device manager not re-enable code I then tethered using my phone but the plugged connection literally replaced the wifi adapter in my network options I've rebooted twice run sfc scans in between the window shuts straight away when it finishes therefore can't read any notification if Wifi adapter missing from device manager any but no dice I went into device manager and ticked 'show hidden items' which revealed my adapter I tried uninstalling it to then scan for hardware but the scans just come back as if nothing was missing Was gonna do a DISM repair next but with the adapter uninstalled altogether I'm a bit reluctant to dig my hole any further without guidance This issue seems common from what I read but usually one of the manipulations I've attempted solves the problem Would anyone have a clue I'm using Windows bit adapter is Realtek RTL BE Happy to provide more info if need be Thanks t

A:Wifi adapter missing from device manager

First, please fill out your System Specs. See here: How to See Your System Specs with "System Info"

Try installing the Windows 8 64 bit driver from here: Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - ThinkPad S440, S540 - Lenovo Support (US)

If no help, to see all devices in Device Manager:

Create a new Environment variable called devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices and set it's value to 1 as follows:

Right click on My Computer, Computer or This PC and select PropertiesClick on the Advanced tabClick on the Environmental Variables buttonClick the New button under the User variables for xxxxx" area.Set the Variable name as: devmgr_show_nonpresent_devicesSet the Variable value to: 1Click OK as needed to close all the windows you opened.
To see the status of everything in Device Manager:

Open Device Manager:Hardware tab, Device Manager
XP: Control Panel, System, Hardware tab, Device ManagerVista, Windows 7, 8 and 10:Control Panel, System, Advanced System Settings, Click on View then Show hidden devices.Click on the + next to anything that shows a yellow mark.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/71872-wifi-adapter-missing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello, I have a Spectre 13-3000t that has worked pretty well for a while now. However, the wifi adapter has completely disapeared.  The Airplane mode is off but no adapter shows under the network connections. I have verified that with a usb to ethernet adapter I can get internet again but wifi is completely missing from the system. So far I have reinstalled the wifi intel drivers with no luck.  Any help would be appreciated! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-adapter-missing-on-HP-Spectre-13-3000t/td-p/5711984
Relevancy 42.57%

using HP notebook 15-ac118TU with newly installed windows 8 32 bitnetwork installer is missing and is not available anywhere. Have given request earlier also but problem was not fixed.hardware ID's for controller isPCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&SUBSYS_804C103C&REV_00PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&SUBSYS_804C103CPCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&CC_028000PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&CC_0280if possible please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/missing-network-controller-due-to-which-unable-to-see-wifi/td-p/5654499
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a pretty new ASUS SonicMaster laptop.

Worked great for about a month.

Then no WIFI. Checked device manager and only the Family Ethernet device was present.

Then a few reboots later it appeared again. Since then it just randomly appears and goes missing.

It's a Qualcomm Atheros AR9485

Driver version is 10.0.0.287

Driver date is 3/25/2014

Windows says the driver is up to date. Tried installing Windows 10. Same problem. Tried a fresh install of Win 8.1. Same problem. The laptop has barely left my table so hasn't been knocked around at all.

Any help much appreciated. I don't really want to buy a WIFI dongle so would like to get the laptop sorted. Thanks in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/wifi-network-adapter-keeps-randomly-going-missing-1065386.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Dell Inspiron 17 7737 came with Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless - N 7260 adapter. The adapter is "lost" after soon after upgraded to Windows 10. Windows 10 is not able to detect the adapter, as if it was not installed. Any attempt to update driver was blocked.
I managed to get Bluetooth driver updated and working. However, WIFI adapter is somehow "history". Currently I have to depend on external WIFI adapter. Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 should be serving both Bluetooth and WIFI.
Does anyone experience this situation? How could we resolve this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Eddie

A:Inspiron 17 7737 -- WIFI Adapter Missing

I am also facing the same problem now; but it worked very well for nearly past 1.5 years with Win10.
I don't know how to fix this issue.  I tried and I am trying various options, and failed in all attempt.
Please could anybody help me to overcome this issue ?

Thanks
Ben

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19665938
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi guys, im going to install windows 8.1 on my lenovo g50-30, but thers no wifi Realtek driver to download , only Intel, anyonee has an idea where to get it ? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Missing-Wifi-Realtek-Driver-for-Windows-8-1-on-Lenovo-G50-30/td-p/3395114
Relevancy 42.57%

Dear sir, I have HP Mini 110-3000 . As there was problem in my original pre-loaded operating system so i formated it and installed windows 7 ultimate 64bit operating system.After formating it i am unable to see wireless network icon in my system tray instead there is another icon which is used to connect internet via LAN cable. What is the problem? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/After-formating-wifi-network-icon-missing/td-p/5711013
Relevancy 42.57%

I bought HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab205TU on 22nd july 2016.when i tried connecting to wireless network (WIFI) it didnt give any connection and asked to connect internet using LAN ? I opened device manager and found out that there is no driver for wifi available. It has not been 6 hours since i bought it and first time I opened it is not connecting to wifi.

A:WIFI Driver missing HP-Pavilion 15 ab205tu

Did you downgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 10 or are you connecting by use of a different PC?  Actually, you could have booted to the usb recovery media that you should have created by now and selected reinstall drivers and software. There is a driver available there for your wifi adapter. Wifi adapter drivers are available online at the suport portal for Windows 10.http://support.hp.com/ph-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/8499306/model/8818...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-Driver-missing-HP-Pavilion-15-ab205tu/td-p/5698923
Relevancy 42.57%

cannot see wifi options anywhere in setting.
and my wifif adapter is intel dual band wirless AC 8260.
but i can connect to internet through ethernet.
Please help

A:Wifi adapter missing from network settings.

It's possible that driver is wrong/corrupted, did you try reinstalling it ?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57188-wifi-adapter-missing-network-settings.html
Relevancy 42.57%

cannot see wifi options anywhere in setting.
and my wifif adapter is intel dual band wirless AC 8260.
but i can connect to internet through ethernet.
Please help

A:Wifi adapter missing from network settings.

It's possible that driver is wrong/corrupted, did you try reinstalling it ?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/57188-wifi-adapter-missing-network-settings.html
Relevancy 42.57%

my wifi adapter has vanished from my netork adapter list. Is there a simple way to get it back?Please help

A:missing wifi adapter hp pavillion windows 10

Can we have your model number? Do you have any problem devices in the device manager?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/missing-wifi-adapter-hp-pavillion-windows-10/td-p/5768786
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a HP p tx laptop and it's under warranty nbsp Like since months i am having problems with wifi like my wifi adapter used to be unavailable after i woke up my laptop from sleep I mean the wifi wasn't just disconnected but there was no wifi adpater under device manager list Once i selected scan for hardware changes it usually used to be back again But on the last wednesday nbsp it just didn't and now it's gone forever Tried restarting several times which didnt help ofcourse nbsp nbsp I thought of restoring system using windows system restore to a date before i had adapter under manager Wifi device missing this problem Now as the Wifi adapter missing under device manager laptop booted again the wifi was back and working normally as it used to I never put my laptop to sleep but just turned it off Next morning the wifi was still working and i thought the problem was solved but that was only before i put my laptop to sleep again and it was gone later nbsp nbsp I also tried removing the drivers installed for it from programs and features but it didn't allow me to uninstall them and popped an error saying it cannot be removed update nbsp There's no option nbsp of uninstalling the driver from device manager as i mentioned it doesn't even show up in the list So i tried resetting the laptop and same thing which happened for a system restore happened After putting the laptop to sleep it didn't work any further nbsp Plz help nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-adapter-missing-under-device-manager/td-p/5646240
Relevancy 42.14%

what i got is an internet connection from a network socket in my room where when i conect my computer to it and open a browser i need to enter a username and password in. once my connection to the net has been idol for 30 mins or my computer is switched off i then get disconnected and have to sign in again via my web browser.

what i want to do is stick my router in to that connection and then connect to the net wifi style with my i pod/wii/phone/ laptop ext ext.

any ideas how i do this without having to keep my pc switched on.

any help would be cool. thanks.

neil

A:setting up wifi from my connection.

A router set up would probably have the same problems.

Auto-disconnect after 30 minutes idle time is fairly strict bandwidth usage control and shows that usage is being monitored.

Trying to set up an always on connection without permission could result in the total loss of internet privileges.
Have you checked with the owners of the network to see if this is allowed? They would also be the best resource for instructions on doing it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-wifi-from-my-connection.1011054/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello all I am new to this forum but think it s an excellent idea help! Notebook WiFi Connection and will contribute where I can I ordered a quot Tevtec Mini Notebook quot from ebay for my daughter It s made in Japan was shipped from the US to my sister s address in the UK and I am trying to get it to work on a quot Livebox quot in France where I live It is supplied with Windows software usually used on mobiles I think it is the networking settings I need to set correctly It can see the live box but when I click on quot Connect quot it goes through the following four stages Status Not Connected Signal Strength No Signal I click on connect then Status Associating with Livebox BFDA Failed to connect to Livebox BFDA Signal Strength Excellent Status Nor Connected Signal Strength Excellent Status Nor Connected Signal Strength No Signal I have an opportunity to configure the following settings Encryption WEP Disabled Authentication Share Open WPA WPA WPA -PSK WPA-PSK IEEE x Authentication Enable x authentication on this network Tick Box and if I check the box there is a choice of EAP Type EAP or TLS I bought this for my daughter and gave it to her last night but she is mighty disappointed that I can t get her onto her onto the net so anyone that can help would be making a little girl very happy Notebook WiFi Connection help! Many thanks in advance Wallplug nbsp

A:Notebook WiFi Connection help!

Well, first off, remove 802.1x authentication! Unless you're connecting to a corporate wireless network with a RADIUS server, you'll never get that working.
Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework. For machines with no Internet connection, download this NET Framework 3.5 Full Package on another machine and transfer it with removable media to the problem machine.
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-wifi-connection-help.956129/
Relevancy 42.14%

I need help When I'm not using my wired internet connection I usually use Wifi connection help! - loses whatever unprotected wifi connections are available nearby Trouble is my computer sometimes loses connection Wifi loses connection - help! and I can't connect to any other wifi networks because it says it can't detect any I have to restart my computer and connect again and this works fine until the connection inevitably drops I've tried switching the wifi switch on and off repeatedly and it still doesn't work Any help would be appreciated and if whoever answers this needs more info about my computer then I can provide Thanks in advance EDIT I went into Device Manager to see if there were any problems there and in the TO adapter properties I got this message This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device Code Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available So I clicked on it but nothing seems to be happening Will look around to see if I can get any answers from elsewhere but again all help is appreciated

A:Wifi loses connection - help!

Hi Nikkerloo,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

First, just because a nearby wireless connection is unprotected doesn't mean it is legal to use it. They typically belong to neighbors or other people or companies (who haven't the skill or knowledge or gotten help protecting the router) and when you use them you are using their paid-for access which not only slows down their connection, but may cost them money as they may be on a limited plan and thus would be paying also for your usage of their connection. Not only is this illegal, but it is unethical and immoral as well. Plus such signals are almost always weak (and the owners may turn them off), so getting disconnected is not all that unexpected even if everything were working properly - which the error suggests may not be the case here though it may be a factor. This does not apply to places like Starbucks and computer kiosks and such where wifi is provided and some may or may not be protected, but they have a specific connection (you can't just use any others that may show up) and it isn't "any nearby unprotected wifi connection" and, as a general rule, the signal is quite strong when you are in a location where connecting to that network is appropriate.

If you decide to setup and use your own wireless network (or need help connecting in places like Starbucks if that is something you need and are unable to do), I will be more than happy to assist you with this problem; however, I cannot in good conscience assist you in piggybacking off any unprotected wireless signals belonging to other people or companies. It is a violation of my principles and I believe it may also be in violation of this Forum's Code of Conduct.

Let me know if you get your own wireless router (including the manufacturer, make, and model). I will then also need the make and precise model of your Packard Bell (and the manufacturer, make, and model of the wireless adapter). Checking and updating the drivers (from the manufacturer's website) will probably be the first step. Next, we will gather information about the connection and see if we can resolve or identify the problem by you following the instructions in: Network Posting Tips. Then, assuming that doesn't work, we will work on getting it setup and resolving the problem by digging deeper into the situation (unless setting up your own wireless router or updating the drivers or following those procedures resolves the problem with nothing further required) - even if we have to start from scratch. I've now assisted more than I probably should have done, but that's as far as I will go given my understanding of the situation.

Good luck and best wishes!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/287109-wifi-loses-connection-help.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I recently had malware problems with my desktop that resulted in my IE being hijacked (connected by adsl cable to a netgear wireless gateway). I solved the problems (which included deleting a lot of keys) and was given advice on how to upgrade my security to stop future problems with my IE being hijacked. I upgraded my laptop (which is connected to the gateway via a wireless LAN PCMCIA card) - which included installing a number of programmes including Spywareblaster.

Unfortunately on reboot - my laptop is no longer connecting to the wireless lan. I tried IPCONFIG and was given the message that the Media is Disconnected. The Tx/Rx light continues to flicker but the Link light on the PCMCIA card no longer works.

Does anyone have suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks,

Rob

A:Wifi Connection has died

Here's a couple of fixes you can try...

WINSOCK Fix XP: http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html

Reset TCP/IP Stack: http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wifi-connection-has-died-12747.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have the ZyXEL AMG -T A router all of the lights are lit up in green I am able to gain access to the internet on my desktop pc via the B-LINK Wireless Network adapater However the speed has decreased http i imgur com oljvDft jpg The problem is other devices are unable to use the internet We have a Samsung Galaxy S and that can detect and connect to the Wifi but we are unable to actually use the internet on our phones For example we unable to perform a simple google search as it will return nothing but a white blank page that eventually turns into a connection error message My PS can detect the Wifi but is unable to connect I have tried the following Restarting the router manually Logging into the router and restarting the router Reset to factory settings Changing the channel Restarted the android phones Reformatted the Samsung S Reset to factory settings on PS No success with any of the above This has just happened suddenly within the last hours and I am pulling my hair out to find out why and how to fix the problem I am baffled how I can connect on my desktop pc with a Baffled Wifi by connection wireless adapter but no other devices that was working perfectly yesterday My ISP isn't having any problems so I am Baffled by Wifi connection stumped

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/55631-baffled-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have finally switched to broadband with Virgin Media here in the UK Everything appears to be working so far but my son will soon be wanting to wirelessly connect his new PS and I have no idea how to do that as securely as possible I am using XP SP and we have a Netgear VMDG combined hub and router Googling that reveals that Netgear do not include that model in their product list so it was presumably a special produced specifically for Virgin Google has lots of threads about people complaining about Virgin and their router but not much about a user manual As it happens Virgin PS3? for connection WiFi Solved: messed up the installation leaving me with a broadband modem not a hub but they Solved: WiFi connection for PS3? supplied the hub by post and my son and I followed the instructions and installed it ourselves via an ethernet cable my XP computer is not wireless capable We were not given any separate software for the hub on CD DVD We have WiFi switched off at the moment but what I really need to Solved: WiFi connection for PS3? know is how to change the routers default password and any other stuff needed to make the connection as secure as possible Are there any other Virgin users out there who can help nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A running on Windows Home Premium Over the last months I ve been having serious issues with my laptops wireless connection The connection itself just suddenly drops before reconnecting at bad Really connection wifi issues random times later Sometimes its immediate sometimes it takes minutes sometimes longer The times it does this is random however I have noticed that it also tends to do this more often when strangely enough people are around or enter my home I don t know if that happens because of their cell phones or what but almost every time a guest or two come over my internet connection flat out drops repeatedly I ve tried numerous fixes Downloaded drivers acanned for malware moved by router and changed Really bad wifi connection issues its channel Also these connection drops seem to only occur with my laptop When my laptops connection drops I m able to browse at that exact moment on my cell phone just fine which I connect to use my wi-fi at home My cell phone almost never has these issues Is there anything I can do to remedy this situation It s very annoying and even more troublesome getting anything done nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

hello im new here. i have a wifi problem. i am trying to turn my phone into a wifi hotspot. i know how to turn my phone into a wifi hotspot. there problem lies when i try to make my laptop connect to it. the laptop picks up the signal. when i try to connect to it. it says that it is connected and then it disconnects after about 10 seconds and then it says "windows is unable to connect to the wireless network." i then click the popup and then click repair. it says it was unable to "clear Netbt" i dont know where to go from here. i tried googling the solution but im afraid of trying something without full knowledge of what im doing. please help me and thank you in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-problem.1125693/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello I'm a fairly new Vista user living in school housing. I'm on a wireless network and every 1-3 hours about my connection will drop. I dont believe this to be an issue with the school's Wifi as my roomates connection never seems to drop. I can always hop back onto the network but it's becoming annoying when I've been right in the middle of something. Unfortunately I'm not very computer savvy so I'll tell you what information I have but it probably wont be enough.

I'm not on a laptop, this computer was built.
When I looked up my Wireless adapter all i can find is 802.11n Wireless LAN.
I have already tried updating the drivers for this.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

A:WiFi Connection keeps dropping

Try rollbacking them. I had a similar problem at my college, but it worked itself out. Sry, I wish I could help.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/246368-wifi-connection-keeps-dropping.html