Windows Support Forum

Excellent connection, but no internet?

Q: Excellent connection, but no internet?

A couple of days ago our router stopped working so we had to exchange it for a different but internet? connection, no Excellent one Upon plugging it in both computers two laptops recieved a message about limited connectivity After running through the prompted high-speed internet installation one of the laptops was fine and running the wireless Excellent connection, but no internet? correctly Now the laptop was wasn t prompted to install the wireless still cannot Excellent connection, but no internet? connect to it It didn t automatically update the IP address so we changed it manually exactly to what was being read by the other laptop Although it got rid of the limited connectivity error message it didn t allow access to the internet It s a Dell Inspiron B with Windows XP and I m currently connected through Ethernet The Ethernet only works if it s plugged in while I m turning on the computer but I ve disabled all start-up programs from activating assuming that there was a program blocking it at start-up Although this does work if I unplug the cable while the computer is on it wont reconnect The only program that wouldn t turn off on shut-down was Avast Antivirus so I deleted it from the system and I intend to reinstall later Even with it gone it didn t change anything These are the ipconfig All results Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings ELIZABETH POWERS gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ELIZABETH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - - - - A- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday July PM Lease Expires Saturday July PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-PCI Car d Physical Address - - B-E -C - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings ELIZABETH POWERS gt nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Excellent connection, but no internet?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 74.39%

Hi hope someone can help we re Mac users trying to fathom a PC laptop Our laptop says it has a wireless connection but we can t get online Our Mac works fine We have tried repairs we have cleared the dns cache the dns client is switched to automatic the firewall is off these are the results of ipconfig all Any no internet. but Connection excellent, Help! ideas thanks in advance Microsoft Connection excellent, but no internet. Help! Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Users Kevin OD gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name kevin Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - -D -E - - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Ad apter Physical Address - - - -D - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -D - - C Users Kevin OD gt nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

Okay, it's a win7 64 bit i5 computer.
Shaw is my provider.

The wireless bar is at 3-4 and tells me it is 300mbps
However it certainly is not.

It's slow and often will just nit work for a good 30 seconds before it comes back to it's miserable form. I play BF3 but lag like death but sometimes my Internet is fine and even Utube videos will load quickly. But 75% of te time it is slow and almost unusable. And since It keeps dancing between those it's very unpredictable.

I have installed an antivirus and cleaned my PC. Support told me to disconnect and reconnect my router and I did that.

Any ideas? A laptop in the exact same position has perfect Internet.

A:Excellent connection but slow Internet.

Hi there,

Head to Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test, run a test by clicking on a icon near your location, at the end you will get the option to copy the result link, post it here please.

Wireless connection is based on your connection too the router, not the speed of your connection, fair enough to say the higher the signal the better the connection. Lets see the speedtest.net result.

Also if both laptops are wireless, and the speedtests are the same for both, then check your antivirus, try disabling it for a while.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/excellent-connection-but-slow-internet-619455.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,

I've used my laptop absolutely fine for months on my wireless network, getting 2.3 meg a sec downloads on my 20meg connection, happy days! HOWEVER recently my laptop has decided that it doesn't want to cooperate now and after about 3 mins of booting up the connection goes from 2.3 straight down to between 40kb/s - 60kb/s. Internet pages load extremely slowly an streaming is out of the question, yet the signal strength is showing as excellent as I am sat right next to the wireless router!

I have 4 other computers on the network an they all work fine, including my desktop, i even tried using the usb adaptor in my pc on my laptop an I still get the same problem.

If this makes any sense to anyone then any kind of help would be lovely

Si

A:Slow internet - Excellent Connection

This Microsoft article might give you a starting point to troubleshoot:

Why is my Internet connection so slow?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/115871-slow-internet-excellent-connection.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have wireless internet through Time Warner Cable. We use an Apple Airport for our internet connection. I have brought a client's laptop home to do some work on it as it has the software I need to use for the project I am doing for them. It is a Gateway laptop that usually functions in a wireless environment of a Linksys Router. It says that I have excellent Signal Strength but there is no connection to the internet. I called Time Warner and it is not a problem on their end. I called Apple and was on hold for 45 minutes only to be told there was nothing they could do since our Mac Laptop is working fine.

I am not computer illiterate but I am not a computer whiz either so please explain more advanced suggestions. THANKS!

A:Excellent Signal Strength No Internet Connection

Hello and welcome to TSF

I think Your question might be better answered in a Networking forum:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f134/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/excellent-signal-strength-no-internet-connection-194454.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello all Long time lurker first time poster here I just installed -bit win ultimate on my laptop and am still having a spot of bother getting my internets from a public router connection, access wireless internet excellent no located near my girlfriend's place My problem is the following I connect to the router fine and the signal quality is excellent but there is no internet access at all The wireless connection icon in the taskbar shows a yellow warning triangle and when hovering over it with my mouse pointer I read the following quot no excellent wireless connection, no internet access internet access quot Last week when I still had xp on the laptop I had the exact same problem excellent connection no internet access Both with xp and win I had no problems at all connecting to my router at home I have been connecting to the troublesome router for months on my iphone without any issues Any random macbook also connects to it without any problems When I run diagnostics I am told the following quot wireless network connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration quot TCP IPv is set to quot obtain an IP address DNS server automatically quot and has been since the beginning with DHCP enabled I've tried anything and everything I found floating around on the internet including disabling TCP IPv as well as a whole slew of other settings but to no avail Obviously my wireless card Intel wireless wifi link AGN works perfectly works great on my home router and so does the public router from which I'm trying to get internet access works admirably on anything mac iphone macbooks My guess is the problem lies somewhere in my settings and I have been going over all of the relevant settings I could find some twenty times No love I really hope any of you can offer some advice I'm getting super angry Thanks in advance EDIT I also updated the wireless card driver to the excellent wireless connection, no internet access very latest no worky

A:excellent wireless connection, no internet access

Quote: Originally Posted by jikot

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I just installed 32-bit win7 ultimate on my laptop, and am (still) having a spot of bother getting my internets from a public router located near my girlfriend's place.

My problem is the following: I connect to the router fine and the signal quality is excellent, but there is no internet access at all.
The wireless connection icon in the taskbar shows a yellow warning triangle, and when hovering over it with my mouse pointer I read the following: "no internet access".

Last week when I still had xp on the laptop I had the exact same problem: excellent connection, no internet access.
Both with xp and win7 I had no problems at all connecting to my router at home.

I have been connecting to the troublesome router for months on my iphone, without any issues. Any random macbook also connects to it without any problems.

When I run diagnostics I am told the following: "wireless network connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration".

TCP/IPv4 is set to "obtain an IP address/DNS server automatically", and has been since the beginning, with DHCP enabled.

I've tried anything and everything I found floating around on the internet (including disabling TCP/IPv6 as well as a whole slew of other settings), but to no avail.

Obviously, my wireless card (Intel wireless wifi link 4965AGN) works perfectly (works great on my home router), and so does the public router from which I'm trying to get internet access (works admirably on anything mac: iphone, macbooks).

My guess is the problem lies somewhere in my settings, and I have been going over all of the relevant settings I could find some twenty times. No love.

I really hope any of you can offer some advice, I'm getting super angry!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I also updated the wireless card driver to the very latest, no worky

Hi and welcome

can you type cmd in search>type ipconfig /all> make a screen shot>upload it to us.

Let us know if you need help with any of that
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/56150-excellent-wireless-connection-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm using dsl with D-Link DI-624 router and a D-Link AirPlus DWL-G520 Wireless PCI Adapter(rev.B), on a Dell Optiplex GX260, network authentication is WPA-PSK, and encryption is TKIP. I am using XP-Home SP2. Also using IE version 6. Any and all help is appreciated.

Relevancy 73.1%

I am getting great connectivity on a wi-fi network 80% of the time, but extremely limited access 20% of the time. What should I do to try to resolve this?

Other users are getting this great connectivity 100% of the time, so the problem seems limited to my computer. This does not happen on other networks, so the problem seems limited to this computer and this internet/wi-fi connection. When I have a bad connection (20% of the time) it most often can't even load a webpage, or if it does, it loads it without images or styling.

Steps I've tried (haven't worked):
- Flushed DNS memory/settings
- Cleared cache
- Reset wi-fi adapter in my computer
- Restarted computer
- Tested various browsers and sites

Any ideas of things to try? I do not have access to the wifi-signal (it's an office).

Relevancy 72.24%

I have been running Buffalo G54S Airstation router for quite a while now.
I just bought a netgear WG511T adapter, after installing the software and connecting the device in my laptop, I get excellent signal to my XP wireless network but everytime I try to connect to the internet I just can't do that.
I have triple checked the WEP encription on the adapter and the router, I have also checked all the firewall settings and thats OK, my router also shows that the adapter is connected as the client but still I can't get access to the internet on my laptop in the same room.

Any help will be much appreciated.

A:Solved: Excellent Connection with router but cannot connect to the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excellent-connection-with-router-but-cannot-connect-to-the-internet.593192/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi guys Netbook Acer AspireOne Router Trendnet TEW- BRP I was hoping someone could help me I ve recently got the internet in our apartment and are having problems connecting to the router Firstly there is no problems connecting with an ethernet cable Secondly I ve connected two other laptops wirelessly by changing the TCP IP from automatic to can't but Internet access connection, wireless browser Excellent in ip address subnet mask Default gateway Thirdly i can connect to every other wireless i ve come accross My netbook now shows -signal strength excellent -status connected However I am unable to connect to the internet Some other problems of interest is - it times out when I try to ping - I cannot acces my router by typing into my browser - And the wireless DHCP is not enabled I have tried factory resetting my router re loaded the software for it But to no Excellent wireless connection, but can't access Internet in browser avail I ve attached Excellent wireless connection, but can't access Internet in browser my ipconfig all If anyone could shed light on this I would really appreciate it Thanks Excellent wireless connection, but can't access Internet in browser nbsp

A:Excellent wireless connection, but can't access Internet in browser

i'm not sure but this is what i would try:

Make sure wireless is turned on, on the laptop as some have a switch specifically for that.
Make sure that you do not have a third part wireless network connection program running.
From start, settings, click network connections. right click you're wireless connection and select properties, click the wireless networks tab, make sure the box is checked where it says "use windows to configure...". then below that click and remove all the preferred networks that are there. then click okay and attempt to reconnect to the network via searching for available networks and double clicking your desired network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/excellent-wireless-connection-but-cant-access-internet-in-browser.135239/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello I am using a desktop PC with a wireless USB stick attached in order to connect to the internet via a wireless router however although it states that I am connected with excellent signal strength it continues to show a warning sign over the wireless connection signal bars ON with connection the signal cannot excellent though. use strength, wireless internet THE DESKTOP TRAY ONLY wireless connection with excellent signal strength, cannot use the internet though. I can t surf the web on my desktop or on my IPAD through the wireless connection in which both devices detect I have a Sitecom wireless router I would appreciate some help many thanks Nick Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce LE Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard wireless connection with excellent signal strength, cannot use the internet though. NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL GA- TRC M-NF Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:wireless connection with excellent signal strength, cannot use the internet though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-with-excellent-signal-strength-cannot-use-the-internet-though.1034134/
Relevancy 72.24%

lan and wireless will not connect to internet even though it shows a good connection. Windows firewall is disabled,The network works fine and the other two computers go the internet just fine so I don't think it is the Modem or the Router. It doesn't SEEM to be the network card .my other laptop works just fine
ping router....sent 4, rcvd 4
ping 66.94.234.13 ...... sent 4, rcvd 0 request timed out
ping www.yahoo.com sent 4, rcvd 4\

ipconfig is
192.168.1.106 adress
192.168.1.1 default gateway
have static ip
also did release and renew.
using win xp
also ran pestpatrol and malwarebytes for bugs.

did windows diagnostics for win xp
result is

windows cannot connect . probably caused by firewall settings. Check firewall setting for http port(80) https port (443) and ftp port (21)

A:laptop shows excellent connection but no internet access

Do you have a static DNS server set as well? If not set it to the IP address of the router; 192.168.1.1 OR change all the settings to by assigned automatically by the router's DHCP server and see if you can get online.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-shows-excellent-connection-but-no-internet-access.821550/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello, I am having problems with IE 8 on my desktop. I am connected to the interent wirelessly using a network adapter and using Windows Vista for my OS . I am connected at 4.8 m/bs and the connection status is excellent. For some reason IE andy other browser Goole Chrome will connect but it will take a very long time just to even load the home page or visit anoter site.

I have not had this problem before and was surfing the Internet very fast a few days ago with the same connection speed and status. I have already tried deleting cookies, history, temporary files. Ran a virus scan. Ran a disk clean up and reinstalled both of the browsers does anyone know a solution to this problem or has had the same problem on the past?

A:Internet Explorer running very slowly; wireless connection excellent

You could have a bad add-on.Try running IE in No Add-ons Mode. Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) - If this fixes the issue, then go to Tools -> Manage Add-ons and enable the add-ons one by one to find which one was causing the problem.

You can also try resetting Internet Explorer's settings by going to Tools > Internet Options and then the "Advanced" tab, and click "Reset..."

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Cheers,
Bryn
IE8 Outreach Team

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-running-very-slowly-wireless-connection-excellent-474548.html
Relevancy 70.52%

This started right after i upgraded itunes on my laptop, which i never do because nothing good has ever happened from that. So after i tried to upgrade, which said it couldn't complete, i turn off my computer and when i turned it back on it took longer to load and a message came up saying "Error access violation at 0x22173148 (tried to read from 0x00000060) program terminated" i've never seen that before so obviously something's wrong, the internet doesn't connect and when i click on my wireless connection icon it says "another application is controlling wireless adapter". Intelproset wireless says its searching for a connection and sometimes finds the secure one i have but and will say "excellent signal quality" but a few seconds later says "error in connection". So i'm using another computer in my house, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:Solved: Error access violation, no internet connection but says signal is excellent X

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-error-access-violation-no-internet-connection-but-says-signal-is-excellent-x.778029/
Relevancy 70.52%

I bought a new HP Pavilion dv - dx Entertainment stops but wireless to internet Solved: working network, connection Excellent sometime Notebook PC laptop which runs Vista I have a LynkSys Wireless router model WRT G v Since I bought the laptop I have an intermittent problem getting the internet using Internet Explorer have not tried other browers Sometimes internet works fine however sometimes I have Solved: Excellent connection to wireless network, but sometime internet stops working a problem when I click a link or open a new page When the problem occurs I get an error webpage stating quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot with a button on the page quot Diagnose Connection Problems quot When I click this button I eventually get a window that says quot Windows did not find any problems with this computer s network connection quot However when this problem occurs I check the network connection by going Start Connect to When I look at my network it says connected and that I have an excellent signal all bars are green To temporarily fix the problem I right click on the wireless network and click Diagnosis On the window that comes up I click quot Reset the network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot subtitle Resetting the adapter can sometimes resolve and intermittent problem quot When I click this it looks like it goes through some repairing process and I eventually get a window that states quot The problem has been resolved quot If I go back to the webpage with the initial error and refresh f I do get the correct website and everything seems to be fine However sometimes I need to repeat this process again after minutes Other times I can go for an hour Have not see any pattern as to when the internet stops working If anyone knows how I can always have the internet without having to quot Reset the Network Adapter quot every so often that would be great Other information I use a WEP secured connection and have the network security key I always have to quot Reset the network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot quot after the computer goes to sleep Have not determined if this is a function of the hibernation or enough time has elapsed where I need to reset again anyway When I hardwire connect the laptop to the same router I have no issues Other than I have to stay next to the router which defeats the purpose of the laptop I have a laptop from work that runs XP and has no problems connecting wirelessly through this same router It seems like others may have similar problems but couldn t find exact solution Sorry for any repeats I wouldn t call myself computer savvy so detailed quot how to quot would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Excellent connection to wireless network, but sometime internet stops working

I'd start by downloading and installing the latest wireless drivers for that machine, that seems to be where the issue might lie.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excellent-connection-to-wireless-network-but-sometime-internet-stops-working.869618/
Relevancy 64.93%

My browser (Firefox) won't load any pages. I have tried to load other pages using Internet Explorer but they won't load either. My brother's laptop has a great internet connection and we're connected to the same router. I typed in the IP address of his laptop to check the Belkin router connections and his laptop was the only one connected even though the desktop should have been on the list of connectons.

I reset the modem and router and after that my internet card kept trying to acquire an IP address. When it finally acquired an IP address it was a new one I had never seen before.

I have a Belkin router and wireless desktop card on my Windows XP.

Relevancy 63.64%

Reloaded xp on dell Latitude d610 - reloaded all drivers. Network connection states excellent connection however browsers state no connectivity.

A:Network connection states excellent connection but browsers state no connectivity

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-states-excellent-connection-but-browsers-state-no-connectivity.991690/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello again tech guys,

I am running a Dell Inpiron E1505, with an Intel(r) PROSet/Wireless built in card. I have connected with tons of networks before. I am currently out of town for a little while and am trying to connect to a network that is public (not password protected). I can easily connect to the network with excellent signal. I then go to Internet Explorer to start browsing and am unable to connect to any site. Whats my problem???

Relevancy 59.34%

My sister computer is connected through a LAN server and for some reason her computer says that it has excellent connection, but she cant do any of the internet activity.. any ideas?

A:Solved: excellent connection but no connection?

Is she trying to connect wirelessly? If so, is the router set up with 128bit wep encryption? She will need to enter the wep key if that is the case to be able to do anything but see the available network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excellent-connection-but-no-connection.408985/
Relevancy 58.91%

Alright, Im not really an expert on computer stuff so if you can help speak english please ^^
I use wireless for my computer, and the other day my internet just stopped working. Now it wont connect to the Access Point. I tried hooking up my wire from my Xbox to it and it wont let me get online from there either. Can anyone out there help?

Relevancy 58.91%

Yesterday my computer experienced a power drop out and now i am unable to access the internet with my network adapter. I'm using a Linksys WUSB54G. It has excellent signal strength but is unable to find the internet. I have tried:

-manually resetting the router and modem
-using both manual and DHCP assigned IP address and DNS servers
-resetting the winsock and netlog
-uninstalling and reinstalling drivers
-and using a different adapter WUSB54GC with the same results as before.

I can not seem to work, any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks,
Christine Ashley

A:Excellent Connection, but not receiving packets

Are you able to connect and get internet access by ethernet?

Please set the wireless for DHCP addressing, try to connect and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-connection-but-not-receiving-packets.849508/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi there I have recently moved to a new house and have installed a wireless connection which I am connecting to from a desktop by a USB adapter The problem I have is that i get extremely high latency when playing games despite the Excellent latency?! connection, High connection being reported as full bars and excellent The latency isn t a minor thing as soon as i join a server Excellent connection, High latency?! the whole games freezes until I disconnect What is weird is that if i use the steam client on the desktop to ping the servers everything is Excellent connection, High latency?! fine around lt ms on all my favourites HOWEVER as soon as I actually enter the game such as Team Fortress and then try to ping in exactly the same way with exactly the same tab the games don t respond or have a ping of around - ms I ran a ping to google times and the maximum ping was ms so it seems there s something about the games which makes it unplayable If anyone knows any fixes or investigations I could do it would be very much appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, Im extremely frustrated with this problem.I am using a built in atheros
AR5005G network adaptor and cannot connect to my router at home. I have checked the DHCP to make sure its enabled and the router seems to be set up fine. All i get is a limited connection with excellent signal. It says acquiring IP address then hits limited connectivity. The laptop can connect to all other networks I have tried (relatives, friends) but wont connect at home. Other laptops in the house connect though. Any help would be appreciated. And the laptop that wont connect is a toshiba sattelite L25.

Thanks

A:Limited Connection with Excellent signal

Go to Start/Run and type CMD and hit enter. In the Command Prompt type in Ipconfig /all the Default Gateway is the IP address of your router. Now ping the router. Now type Ping and the IP address of the Default Gateway. You should get a reply. If it times out, then restart the modem, router, and PC.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/limited-connection-with-excellent-signal-403743.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hi,i have not been able to connect wirelessly for about 6months,i have tried every solution,no closer now than 6 months ago, but while i have been searching i have found the same problem with many vista users,my ethernet connection is ok,spoke to Sky technical who have tried to help ,they think it is vista,but i think it is a conflict with sharing the same connection with my son & his xbox live,i have tried working many hours with this problem,when my son is not connected,(we did share before this & the same router ) my router is a Sagemcom [email protected] 2304. wireless router from sky,i am using windows vista basic,on my E-Machine E520 notebook,i hope that some one will know the solution & kindly guide me with my inexperience of technical terms ,kind regards,Gillian.xxx

A:excellent wireless connection( local access only)

would you do the following please
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-wireless-connection-local-access-only.1055891/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, I've got a basic wi fi setup here with a router and my laptop, an it was working great up until the other day when I switched the computer on and it came up with the usual 90something percent signal strength, but "limited or no connection". This has only happened to me before when I've been too far away or obstructed from the router. I know the router is fine because this computer (a different one) works with it fine, but mine doesn't.

Any suggestions? I feel like I've tried everything.

Thanks.

A:Solved: Limited or no connection on excellent signal strength??

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-limited-or-no-connection-on-excellent-signal-strength.586546/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have Desktops and Laptop going off of internet source The Desktops work fine one Excellent Packet Solved: Limited Connection, Transfers VERY of them being on wireless The laptop connects immediately to the wireless network and has a constant Very Strong to Excellent connection My girlfriend went to check her e-mail and it loaded the yahoo page but then kept giving errors when she clicked on mail Same for Mozilla and IE Then I checked Solved: Excellent Connection, VERY Limited Packet Transfers the settings and such and everything looked fine checked the status of the connection and the packets being sent and received are EXTREMELY low Usually gets stuck around send and received I ve been hunting all over the internet for a solution but none have worked I also set it so it checks for IP Addresses automatically which I know a few people had an issue with It also would not let me do things such as update my IE or Mozilla Even Windows Updates would not work Also cannot update anti-virus I m sure there is someone out there Solved: Excellent Connection, VERY Limited Packet Transfers that knows exactly what I am talking about If I am being to vague feel free to ask questions so we can troubleshoot this problem Any help would be GREAT nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

The signal appears excellent, however the internet doesn't work. Well, a few details. The router is in the basement, 3 floors up is the computer receiving the signal. I have an extender on the second floor that's 54mbps, however on the computer it says "Excellent 108Mbps" or something of the like. I'm not entirely sure what's going on, another user can connect to the wifi on the network. Any ideas?

Relevancy 55.04%

I cannot connect to any networks in my area I know the passwords and the signal strength is at a full bars but when I choose connect to a network gt choose a network gt type in the password - limited to no connectivity is what follows This puzzles me because the signal strength is very good and still I cannot access the Internet I tried this with three seperate secured networks I have the right password for all of them And they all did Connectivity, Assistance! of no need Internet. And In Excellent not work the passwords I must remind you were all correct The signals range from bars to bars for Excellent Connectivity, And no Internet. In need of Assistance! the few that I tried connecting to There is a non-secured network I am able to connect to but it s only at a strength of out of bars But it only shows up when I place the laptop by a window - and it works just fine I am very confused with these secured networks If I can find a way to use the stronger signals then I won t have to cram myself into the corner by my window every day maybe somebody could help shed some light on my situation Thankyou nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

My signal strength shows Excellent but my internet connection comes amp goes all of a sudden I read some other post as to what they did to resolve their issue so this is my info below Please help Thank you Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users tebako gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name tebako-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled little to internet strength no signal connectivity Excellent but No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - B-B - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d e d cf d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Excellent signal strength but little to no internet connectivity Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - F-A - - - B-B - -A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E E Family PCI-E FE NI C Physical Address - F- - -CD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E A FEF-F C- - A- F FDF br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Excellent signal strength but little to no internet connectivity Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Excellent signal strength but little to no internet connectivity Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E -C B- BE -B FD-B A B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users tebako gt nbsp

A:Excellent signal strength but little to no internet connectivity

Copied this from a post by pedroguy.

Ok:This is what we know about that Atheros adapter.Boils down to two possibilities :
Encryption and or driver issue.
I think both of those are covered below.
Courtesy of ETAF and Terrynet on the Networking Forum:

Atheros AR5007EG & AR5007
We have recently been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters over the last few months, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and windows Vista.

The adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
--- Please post back here if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver." That apparently has worked for some posters.

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section, as some manufactures, appear to now have a working driver available.
Toshiba - update has worked for some PCs
HP The latest HP Atheros driver dated Sept 2010 has fixed the issue - so check the driver date, However, that does NOT apply to all HPs / Compaqs machines
- the poster did an online scan for driver updates on the HP website here HP Product Detection which resulted in a solution. Solved: Can't connect to internet wirelessly - Atheros AR5007 Wifi through Clear Comm - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you can post the Make and EXACT model of your PC here, along with the windows version you have and we will see if we can find the driver and will post a link as a reply here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) A few posters here with the same issue have found that the driver from this site ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows resolved the issue
http://www.atheros.cz/
Threads are here
Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) - Tech Support Guy Forums
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...ess-local.html
Solved: NetGear WNDR3700 Incompatibilty W/ Atheros AR5700 - Tech Support Guy Forums
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...tibilty-w.html
Solved: Local connection only when connected to secured wirless - Tech Support Guy Forums
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...only-when.html
Solved: Unidentified Network - Tech Support Guy Forums
Unidentified Network
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...d-network.html
I do NOT know anything about the site mentioned ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows
http://www.atheros.cz/

However, if you do decide to try the driver, Please let us know the outcome

Direct link to the drivers are below
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " click to download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

AR5007
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wirele...et=21&system=3
Although this driver has shown up in BSODs (Blue Screen Of Death) on Vista SP2 systems, usually conflicting with updated Vista OS drivers like netio.sys, tcpip.sys and other networking related drivers.

AR5007EG
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wirele...et=22&system=3
Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-signal-strength-but-little-to-no-internet-connectivity.1011864/
Relevancy 54.18%

hi all, im having this weird problem for 5 days now, its really driving me crazy, so i have an alienware laptop, never had any problem before, this problem only happend about 5 days ago, everytime i start my laptop the network works fine, but after about 15 mins, the wifi automatically disconnects although the signal indicates excellent, i cannot browse internet or run anything that is connected to network, only by restarting my laptop can fix this; one thing funny about this is that if i open any sort of web page before this problem occurs, i can still browse that certain web page even after this problem occurs; ive tried to flush dns, reset net interface, obtain ip address manually, none of them worked, so here im hoping that somebody on this forum can help me out.

A:wifi no internet access with excellent signal

I would think about resetting the router if you haven't done so already. After resetting the router go through the wireless settings again, set your SSID, password and also use WPA2 security with AES encryption.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/232845-wifi-no-internet-access-excellent-signal.html
Relevancy 53.75%

We have computers excellent Laptop Solved: signal to gets won't connect internet but in the house - a Solved: Laptop gets excellent signal but won't connect to internet desktop and a laptop The desktop was connected to the modem and the laptop was wireless The laptop worked fine up until about the time we went wireless with the desktop We started getting intermittent internet access on both computers getting error messages that said quot Firefox can t find server quot but would reboot the machine or reset unplug and replug the modem and router which seemed to work for a little while Now the desktop seems to be working fine but the laptop won t connect to the internet at all It just says quot Firefox cannot find server for website quot However the wireless signal strength is excellent Here is the equipment I am using Arris touchstone telephony modem Netgear rangemax wireless router Dell Dimension desktop with Windows XP Compaq Presario V laptop with Windows XP Here is the full error message using the firefox browser Address not found Firefox can t find the server at website The browser could not find the host server for the provided address And using Internet Explorer The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable The web site might be experiencing technical difficulties or you may need to adjust your browser settings Any help would be greatly appreciated I can t live without my laptop Thanks you nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I have an intermittent problem with one of my PCs on my wireless home network. While I always have excellent signal strength, most of the time I can not connect to the internet. All the other computers on my wireless network work fine and I can always connect to my neighbors wireless network to get internet access with the problem PC(A dell latitude E6410 with windows 7). When I have no internet access on my network and I run some diagnostics it says that my default gateway is not available. Any suggestions on what might be the issue and how to resolve the issue?

A:Excellent wireless signal strenght, but no internet access

Welcome to TSG>
Could be a lot of things.
Did this ever work ?
If so what changed?Hardware/software ?>
May we see:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.
Disable encryption on the router.Any difference ?
May we also see:
Wifi test exe. Hint from Johnwill

Download and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspecto from
www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
on the problem machine. Post a screen shot of the main screen here.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button
to upload it here.

Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_...g_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-wireless-signal-strenght-but-no-internet-access.1000387/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi First sysinfo details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD E A E A E A Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled My laptop refuses to access the internet though the WiFi signal is access excellent No through WiFi with Solved: internet strength strong my Android phone connects instantly I am currently in a hotel Solved: No internet access through WiFi with excellent strength so cannot mess with the router as advised by Windows help I have a similar problem in one airport lounge but generally it s fine and at home I Solved: No internet access through WiFi with excellent strength have no problem at all It will connect for a while Solved: No internet access through WiFi with excellent strength but them loses it and it stays lost for ages I have searched this forum as I see this is a problem for others but the solutions are perhaps not exactly relevant to my laptop The ipconfig output is listed below I d appreciate any advice as using my phone for internet access is not ideal Thanks in advance Mick ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mick-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List adb local asiandevbank org Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Address -FF-E - - - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address DC-A - - - B- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d ce b f eb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -BF-E - - -C -FB-C DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address DC-A - - - B- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c f b e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -BF-E - - -C -FB-C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address E - - -C -FB-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address DC-A - - - B- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D D-D D- B F- - CF C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab d bf f d b Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe d bf f d b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap A BBBD -A FB- - - EE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E D-C - - -DB DE B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - ... Read more

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi connected Wireless with not internet signal excellent but working I have just tried to set up a wireless internet connection on my laptop but even though my computer tells me that my wireless connection is working Wireless connected with excellent signal but internet not working with excellent signal internet explorer simply comes up with the message Cannot display etc I am really rubbish with computers so please could you explain everything in extremely easy terms Thank-you I saw someone asking for this information on another post don t know whether it will help C Documents and Settings Janina Luszowicz gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name dude Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List RP v Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix RP v Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Eth ernet Controller Physical Address - F-B - C- -B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September C Documents and Settings Janina Luszowicz gt nbsp

A:Wireless connected with excellent signal but internet not working

Well, that is the IPCONFIG from a wired computer, the one from the failing computer is the one we need to see.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connected-with-excellent-signal-but-internet-not-working.624666/
Relevancy 53.32%

I bought new laptop ASUS K55V, and had an idea to plug in an internet, because my old laptop is really "old", and I found a problem - internet runs really slow in normal mode:

but fine in safe:

I think its a quite big difference
I searched all over internet, tried multiple cmd commands, winsock fixes, and son on, Its a new laptop, all I have already installed are Firefox and Photoshop.

Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium
8GB RAM
intel core i5-3210M
CPU 2.5Ghz 2.5Ghz

I hope that I will find here someone who can help.

A:Slow internet on win7 works excellent in safe mode

Quote: Originally Posted by Revnart

I bought new laptop ASUS K55V, and had an idea to plug in an internet, because my old laptop is really "old", and I found a problem - internet runs really slow in normal mode:

but fine in safe:

I think its a quite big difference
I searched all over internet, tried multiple cmd commands, winsock fixes, and son on, Its a new laptop, all I have already installed are Firefox and Photoshop.

Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium
8GB RAM
intel core i5-3210M
CPU 2.5Ghz 2.5Ghz

I hope that I will find here someone who can help.

Well that's quite a difference. Something that installed with Photoshop must be causing this problem.

Can you look in Windows services and see if there is a service called Bonjour running there?

Can you post the ipconfig/all from this machine as well?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/248911-slow-internet-win7-works-excellent-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Linkysys Wireless Router connected through an Ethernet Card to my Desktop PC (PC1) on which Internet works properly. I have another Desktop PC at home (PC2) with wireless card. I get the signals on PC2 (with messages like "Signal: Excellent" or "Good", but I am unable to access Internet on PC2. Neither IE nor Yahoo Msngr or any other internet interface works.

Please help.
Thanks
Mahesh

A:Wireless Router signal Excellent, but wont connect to Internet!

In the router setup, enable internet access for wireless devices perhaps?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-router-signal-excellent-but-wont-connect-to-internet.48068/
Relevancy 52.46%

I had some viruses/malware that I was able to kill using rkill.com freeware. Ever since, I have had no internet conectivity although signal is excellent. Any help is very appreciated!!!

Below is the ipconfig/all data:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff Blade>IPCONFIG/all
Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DellLaptop
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : hsd1.in.comcast.net.
Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : hsd1.in.comcast.net.
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Dell Wireless 1490 Dual Band WLAN Mi
ni-Card
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-19-7D-38-04-76
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.102
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:51:48 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 11:51:48 AM
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff Blade>

A:Solved: Wireless signal 'excellent', but 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpag

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-signal-excellent-but-internet-explorer-cannot-display-the-webpag.997384/
Relevancy 52.03%

Could Be Good
There's no question that Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus (2015) is the tiniest suite around, with the least impact on system resources. And it offers impressive antivirus protection, demonstrated by top marks in my own tests and independent lab tests.

However, it lacks a number of features found in most of its competition. There's no firewall, just extra support for Windows firewall. If you need spam filtering or parental control, this isn't the suite for you. But if your needs coincide with the features it does have, it can be a great fit.

Sub-Ratings:
Note: These sub-ratings contribute to a product's overall star rating, as do other factors, including ease of use in real-world testing, bonus features, and overall integration of features.
Firewall: n/a
Antivirus:
Performance:
Antispam: n/a
Privacy:
Parental Control: n/a

Full Article

A:Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus 2015 - PCMag EDITOR RATING: EXCELLENT

Great antivirus for people who aren't too prone to malware infections.Despite the $39.99 price tag.I'm using it right now & so far, I've got no complaints about it.

Pros
-Extremely low memory usage (Cloud AV)
-Minuscule disk usage
-Good UI
-Full scan takes less than 10 minutes

Cons

-Cloud AV (Lower detection rates)
-Poor 0-day malware protection
-Requires a constant internet connection to function properly

https://malwaretips.com/threads/webroot-secureanywhere-internet-security-plus-2015-pcmag-editor-rating-excellent.35210/
Relevancy 52.03%

We have a Belkin router hooked up to our desktop and cable modem, and two laptops using that wireless connection. As of tonight, all our computers are failing to make this connection. I'm online now thanks to an unsecured connection I was able to hook into.

The icon in the lower right of the screen tells us, "Signal Strength: Excellent; Status: Connected." What could possibly be going wrong?

This isn't a problem with Wireless Zero Configuration, incidentally; my wife had that problem in the past, but that isn't it. Our three computers all insist we're connected just fine, yet no websites will come up on any of them.

Any theories? How could I even know where to begin?

Thanks.

A:Solved: No wireless connection even though it says "connected; signal strength excellent"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-wireless-connection-even-though-it-says-connected-signal-strength-excellent.436743/
Relevancy 51.6%

My laptop has always been ok when connecting to the internet wirelessly but yesterday I couldnt connect. The icon on the screen which looks like a pyramid of lines shows an excellent connection but there is a exclamation mark in a yellow triangle over the top of it. I have turned off the router etc and other laptops in the house are working ok.

Please help.

A:Wireless connection "excellent" but with an exclamation mark

Moved to Networking forum.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-excellent-but-with-an-exclamation-mark.1017621/
Relevancy 51.6%

Effective Antivirus Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus is the tiniest antivirus around and its installation and scanning are both super-fast The mega-suite is slightly bigger but it still takes about one tenth the disk space of the average suite Read my review of the antivirus for full details I ll simply summarize here None of the six independent labs I follow currently include Webroot in their regular testing though Dennis Technology Labs will add Webroot in the first quarter of A private test by Dennis Labs earlier this year revealed that Webroot would have earned top-level AAA certification Webroot was also one of just three product to pass in a test by MRG-Effitas Webroot s malware detection relies on a cloud service that analyzes program behaviors not on antivirus signatures On detecting an unknown EXCELLENT Internet Webroot SecureAnywhere - Security Complete PCMag 2015 RATING: EDITOR process Webroot starts journaling all its actions and watching for signs that it Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Complete 2015 - PCMag EDITOR RATING: EXCELLENT s malicious If a process steps over the line Webroot reverses all of its actions Until a process gets the green light irreversible actions like transmitting information to the Internet are suppressed I observed this feature in action some of my malware samples initially seemed to get past the antivirus but after a few minutes it started wiping them out In the end it earned a perfect points in my hands-on malware blocking test The suite also earned Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Complete 2015 - PCMag EDITOR RATING: EXCELLENT a very good score in my malicious URL blocking test This test challenges each antivirus with extremely new malware-hosting URLs I record whether the product blocked access to the URL wiped out the malware payload during download or did nothing With percent blocking Webroot did better than all but a handful of its competitors Sub-Ratings Note These sub-ratings contribute to a product s overall star rating as do other factors including ease of use in real-world testing bonus features and overall integration of features Firewall Antivirus Performance Antispam n a Privacy Parental Control n a Full Article nbsp

A:Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Complete 2015 - PCMag EDITOR RATING: EXCELLENT

Actually there is no 2015 range of Webroot products, only Neil J. Rubenking seems to think that. I don't think Webroot releases even work that way.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/webroot-secureanywhere-internet-security-complete-2015-pcmag-editor-rating-excellent.35366/
Relevancy 51.17%

I will try to very slow "excellent" connection, speed? but be as brief as possible if I can "excellent" connection, but very slow speed? Here is my network setup I have computers connected to a Wire Gateway model Both are running XP Pro One is a PC "excellent" connection, but very slow speed? and it is hardwired to the gateway via ethernet cable the other is a laptop and it connects wirelessly to the network I also have a wi-fi enabled printer scanner copier that connects wirelessly to the network When everything is running smoothly both computers can see each other s shared files "excellent" connection, but very slow speed? and also access the printer However after the laptop has been online for about an hour the speed of the connection on the laptop starts to deteriorate At its best it runs at Mbps but begins to fall to Mbps after a while During this time the wireless adapter icon in the system tray continues to indicate that the signal strength is quot excellent quot even when the speed has fallen to Mbps I have no problems with the PC that is hardwired to the gateway it is only the laptop that is showing a problem I don t know very much about wireless networking and am unsure how to go about finding the source of this problem Since the gateway is also a firewall I have disabled the firewall software on both the PC and the laptop hoping that would provide a solution to my connection problem but no joy Can anyone point me in a direction here to begin my investigation of what the problem could be nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello there,

I've been having this problem for awhile now, my wireless connection periodically goes and reads "No Internet Access", despite still be "connected" to my connection, with 5 bars "Excellent" signal. The only quick"fix" I've found helps is "renewing my IP"(ipconfig /renew), and when doing so I get the message (see attached picture).

Despite the "error message", this still fixes it, causing my connection symbol to turn into a refresh symbol, and ~5 sec later the is gone and my connection is "restored".

But how can I fix this for good, what is wrong? I can only assume that my GATEWAY is scrambling IPs, and every so often (about 30-45 minutes) it does this, and I have to "reset my IP", but im CLUELESS.

Please help!

Thank you SO much!

A:wireless periodically "No Internet Access", 5 bars EXCELLENT signal

Attached is a screenshot of IPCONFIG /ALL immediately after using the IPCONFIG /RENEW cmd, and "restoring my internet access"..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366971-wireless-periodically-no-internet-access-5-bars-excellent-signal.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a problem right now with my other computer connecting to the internet This same problem happened before a couple of months ago What s happening is apparently internet-dependent functions such as gadgets do update correctly and it says I m connected to our network and in fact it currently says the signal strength is quot excellent quot Other computers in our house are connected just fine so the problem is not the signal the router or modem etc Yet none of the browsers will connect I have tried Firefox Chrome and Internet Explorer They all say unable to connect to server When it happened before I did a system restore and it temporarily fixed the problem for about hrs and then it would happen don't browsers connect "excellent" Internet signal Solved: but again and I would do another restore Solved: Internet signal "excellent" but browsers don't connect until a few Solved: Internet signal "excellent" but browsers don't connect times into this cycle and the restore quot bandaid quot did not work to fix the problem anymore At my wits end I was about to go ahead and boot from my system image disks and just restore everything back to that point and mysteriously the internet worked properly again right before I resorted to the extreme solution I m hoping I won t have to resort to that this time but system restore is not resolving the problem whatever it is at all Any ideas what s going on and how I can fix this without resetting my computer I m running Windows Ultimate bit nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I don't know where Wi-Fi Access" periodically, signal.. Excellent Internet "No I should start my search for answers to my problem so I'll start here in hopes "No Internet Access" periodically, Excellent Wi-Fi signal.. that it may be something with Windows I'm sitting right beside my ARRIS TG G wireless modem I've tried connecting via ethernet cord and it just would not work but "No Internet Access" periodically, Excellent Wi-Fi signal.. regardless I have bars of signal Excellent over Wi-Fi connected through WPA -Personal this NEVER changes I don't receive any lag when playing World of Warcraft and if I do it doesnt affect my gameplay at all However periodically and I'd say its almost every minutes now I disconnect from WoW and when I go to my desktop my Wi-Fi signal says Excellent but now my connection displays the message quot No Internet Access quot I've found the quick fix for this opening CMD prompt and typing ipconfig renew and although I get the message that basically ipconfig cant work quot without the devices plugged in quot which I've assumed just means because I'm on wireless immediately my connection switches to the quot loading icon quot then comes back to display my bar signal and now no longer displaying this message and restoring my access to the internet Given this information how periodically it is how I fix it and the fact that I have an excellent steady signal what could be causing these frequent disconnect and my connection quot losing internet access quot Thank you so much ahead of time I just can't figure this out and its becoming a nuisance as I'm in groups with others and I disconnect

A:"No Internet Access" periodically, Excellent Wi-Fi signal..

this is my ipconfig /all without the problem occurring

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/365738-no-internet-access-periodically-excellent-wi-fi-signal.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I'm writing on the behalf of my brother who's desktop PC is in the room as I write this internet [SOLVED] icons with connection, missing of in Connection along Loss Internet on my laptop We usually share our internet connection I am still using it but he is no longer able to connect In the past he has gotten a quot A network cable has been unplugged quot message several times in seemingly random intervals restarting his PC would usually fix [SOLVED] Loss of internet connection, along with missing icons in Internet Connection this However yesterday he got a message quot This connection has limited or no connectivity quot and his game AlienSwarm at the time through steam stalled out and [SOLVED] Loss of internet connection, along with missing icons in Internet Connection he decided to restart the PC yet again only this time after the reboot he not only wasn't reconnected to the internet he also couldn't find the Local Area Connection icon s in his Network Connections window the only thing there is a quot Connection quot which we have no clue about I'm gonna add my skype here if any helpful people need more info on this P Feel free to add jaan stern Also I put this in the XP forum because I wouldn't know which Network support subforum to use Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Loss of internet connection, along with missing icons in Internet Connection

1394 Connection = firewire.

Start from 'go', ie, in Device Manager, uninstall his network adapter then reboot and set up a NEW network connection.

BTW - did he have any ports 'forwarded' etc?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-loss-of-internet-connection-along-with-missing-icons-in-internet-connection-580749.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Here is what I get when I type ipconfig all Host Name Tanya Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Realtek on Local connection Windows wireless says internet internet My Vista Only connection RTL B Wireless b g Mbp s USB Network Adapter Physical Address - -D -A -FF- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ed a d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers My internet connection says Local Only on Windows Vista wireless internet connection fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area My internet connection says Local Only on Windows Vista wireless internet connection Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - E- -CE-BB-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C E B - EA - D - F B- F B F br DA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description isatap gateway wire net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My internet connection says Local Only on Windows Vista wireless internet connection

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.255.53.64(Preferred)Click to expand...

this occures when there is no response to the DHCP request.

First, disable the WiFi, cable a connection to the router and retry; what's the result?

While connected to the router, config it for the:
router address and DHCP range
wifi SSID, Channel
set a new admin password and save the settings.

Disable the wired interface, enable the WiFi and retry the WiFi connection

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-connection-says-local-only-on-windows-vista-wireless-internet-connection.161510/
Relevancy 42.57%

I just recently purchased a HP Pavilion dv notebook about a month ago i am a college student and i live on campus i normally connect to the campus internet by plugging in my ethernet cord It s been working fine for the past month until yesterday it started going real slow then it completely stopped working It says that im connected but it says no internet access It shows up as IPv No internet connection and IPv no internet no connection & internet IPv4 internet connection IPv6 no connection My brother has a laptop and he connects the IPv4 no internet connection & IPv6 no internet connection same way as i do and his is working just fine I ve tried googling the problems and troubleshooting them but it still doesn t seem to work Someone please help me Thanks I did the ipconfig all in command prompt and this is what it shows up Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Neddrick gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Neddrick-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - E- - C- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link BGN Physical Address - E- - C- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix fv fvsu edu Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - E-BA- - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe edf d a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday February PM Lease Expires Thursday March PM Default Gateway fe ad a fe f a d c fe bf f c d b f fe b d cb da ac fe ff eabf beb DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -BB-AF-C - - - E-BA- - D DNS Servers fe f a c ec e d Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Tunnel adapter isatap A D F - E - A -B - C C B B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DBE - D A- DA -A - FDAF E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap fv fvsu edu Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix fv fvsu edu Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

OK I'm trying to switch from wireless to a faster ethernet cable based internet access I use a Dell Optiplex bit OS Windows I'm does connection works, internet internet not Ethernet connection USB the utilizing Comcast high speed internet supplier a LinkSys E wireless router a LinkSys WUMC wireless-ac universal media connector with promises faster connections speeds with ethernet cable OUT to the ONLY ethernet port card supplied USB internet connection works, Ethernet internet connection does not Network Connector RJ- on the rear of the small form factor tower when I run the PC with USB wireless Linksys AE it works fine but I hope for an improvement with the LinkSys WUMC inserted in the chain the Network Adapter found in Device Manager is the Intel R DM- Gigabit Network Connection This DOES NOT work with the ethernet cable connection error WAN Miniport problem even when I uninstall this driver it reinstalls upon Windows restart which is contrary to some of the suggested fix posts I've found in on-line forums dealing with these types of issues I'm thinking it may be a missing driver for the ethernet port Network Connector RJ- but I am neither a USB internet connection works, Ethernet internet connection does not hardware nor IT tech therefor I have no idea what driver I would SPECIFCICALLY require ofr this port nor can I discern the particular ethernet card that came factory installed on this machine I have consulted the Dell site and lo amp behold they don't endorse using Windows on the Optiplex so the only driver updates downloads are listed for endorsed OS's XP amp Vista so no answers there I'm also keenly aware that my guesstimate could be completely horribly wrong anyone have any suggestions a workaround or a classic fix for this it quot feels quot as though mine may be a simple problem that I've just never run into before Thank You in advance

A:USB internet connection works, Ethernet internet connection does not

Let's start with some basic information:

Please post two Device Manager screen shots for your Ethernet device

Double Click the device to open the properties page
1) General tab: shows the status
2) Details tab: Hardware Ids
>> scroll down to Hardware Ids on the Property drop down box

Please see http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/9733-screenshots-files-upload-post-seven-forums.html for the preferred method of posting files and images on Sevenforums

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/319486-usb-internet-connection-works-ethernet-internet-connection-does-not.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Well I've fiddled around and searched to no avail I have some form of conflict between my main wireless network and a LAN I use for file transfer and streaming The attached PDF file illustrates the setup Basically the wireless network is fine by itself Music streams from the Asus EeePC to the various Squeezeboxes and internet connectivity is without internet wireless connection connection internet stops LAN enabled on all PCs LAN connection without internet stops wireless internet connection and LAN connection without internet stops wireless internet connection the iPad The LAN works well by itself allowing me to use FreeFileSync to quickly and relaible transfer backup music between the Acer dekstop and Asus netbook server PCs and to stream music from the Asus EeePC which is the music server running Logitech Media Server to the Squeezebox However the two networks can't co-exist without the Acer and or Asus losing internet connectivity when their respective LAN connections are made to the Buffalo router they share with the Squeezebox The notification area shows - Currently connected to BuffaloLocalNet No internet access SqueezeNet Internet access Wireless Network Connection SqueezeNet Connected DD-WRT I have attached the ipconfig all output in the out txt file and diagram of the network in Network pdf I suspect this is a simple clash of parameters somewhere or incompatible IP addresses but I'm not good enough to resolve it Thanks GRC

A:LAN connection without internet stops wireless internet connection

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Check the properties of the wireless network adapter for a feature something like this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/305674-lan-connection-without-internet-stops-wireless-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I tried ZoneAlarm blocking spybot McAfee nothing worked This has worked so far And as requested here are the files Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan vstskmgr exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe Fix! Excellent C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Excellent Fix! WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED Excellent Fix! - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO MSVPS System - ACD - CF - C E-B B - A C - C WINDOWS nsduo dll file missing O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS system msjava dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS system msjava dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - DPF BA B -D - C - BDA-D E A DFCF Confidence Online Enterprise Edition - https vpn-limited harris com llclient IVE winxp DanaInfo confidence harris com CT java AXXPEE dll O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip DE CEE-CAEB- DC- FDD- BA ED NameServer O - Service Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exe O - Service Google Updater Service gusvc - Google - C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service iPodService - Apple Computer Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe O - Service Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files Macromedia Shared Service Macromedia Licensi... Read more

A:Excellent Fix!

Run hijack - mark this and then click fix checked

O2 - BHO: MSVPS System - {ACD85107-9CF9-4C9E-B0B7-39940A0017C0} - C:\WINDOWS\nsduo.dll (file missing)

Clean
If you feel its is fixed mark it solved via Thread Tools above

Clear restore points – here’s how

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/mcgill1.mspx

This clears infected restore points and sets a new, clean one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-fix.624370/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am seeking advice here to solve a problem with internet connection on my laptop The laptop Thinkpad X running bit Vista seems to be ok to connect to my router which is connected to a cable modem Internet is also connected on the base level more details below However Internet Explorer or firefox opera cannot find any web page and Mozilla Thunderbird email program cannot connect to email server I am decently ok with computers so I have run some checks myself This is not a problem of router or cable modem as my other computers can access internet through the same router and modem Also the laptop gets an IP address from the router and can connect to shared resources on other computers within the same network The laptop also finds outside addresses and get a response when I run ping command e g ping www internet not problem browser does connection work weird but connection in Vista, fine google com or ping www yahoo com suggesting that the connection to DNS server is fine at the base level I was suspecting that windows firewall my Symantec antivirus or VPN is creating the problem But the problem persists after I disabled firewall and the antivirus software and deleted VPN connection One important thing to mention is that this problem starts when after a software install which I removed afterwards I tried to run netsh reset by quot netsh winsock reset catalog quot quot netsh int ipv reset myreset log quot and quot netsh int ipv reset myreset log quot and restart Still does not work Really desperate for a solution Any suggestions Thank you nbsp

A:weird internet connection problem in Vista, connection fine but browser does not work

Hi Rainstone,
Did you try system restore.to the date before installing that bad software?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-internet-connection-problem-in-vista-connection-fine-but-browser-does-not-work.919151/
Relevancy 40.85%

hi everyone im almost having the same problem, i just purchased a wirless netgear wgt624 router and i have a hp vista laptop. i also have an arris touchtone comcast dsl modem. my problem is that i can connect to the internet wirelessly thought the router. but i can not connect on the internet on my desktop. i would like to get the internet goin at the same time both through the router. i have tried to insert an e cable from the router directly to the computer but i get limited or no connectivity. and its not the cable bcuz i swapped out with another e cable and the same result occurs. plz help

A:Wireless internet connection on Vista laptop but no connection on desktop

i have a hp pavillion dv6000 and its running on vista home premium

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-internet-connection-on-vista-laptop-but-no-connection-on-desktop.108163/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I have windows Pro installed I have a DSL connection that requires a username and password I have read connection sharing internet as connection Solved: wireless Help wired a with the tutorials for setting up ICS in windows but it is not working for me In my change adapter settings page I have connections LAN Wireless and M this is the dial-up for the username and password Here s what I have done I have Solved: Help with sharing wired internet connection as a wireless connection enabled ICS for M and created an ad-hoc wireless connection called M network I basically want to share my wired connection with my iPhone Everything is ok as far as connecting my iPhone to M network but when I try to use the internet all i get is a connecting message on my phone and it doesnt go any further I have used this network before to connect air mouse on my phone that lets me use my phone as a touchpad It still works fine that way but I cant use internet I have even tried enabling the ICS on LAN instead but got the same results Am I doing something wrong nbsp

A:Solved: Help with sharing wired internet connection as a wireless connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-with-sharing-wired-internet-connection-as-a-wireless-connection.884605/
Relevancy 40.85%

Cannot connect to home wireless network with Toshiba Satellite laptop running Vista with SP2. Other family wireless devices working fine and good internet connection using ethernet cable from my laptop to router.

Problem just started today after trying public free wireless in airport early today. Would not connect and got a security certificate warning on another free internet network. So, did not use. Internet worked fine tethered to my phone.

I have an internal wireless g card and a usb plug-in wireless n adapter. Neither one works now. In network status section of control panel shows good network connection but red X before internet connection icon.

I ran a Norton scan and Malwarebytes scan in safe mode with no issues. Also tried to connect wireless in safe mode with no success.

Lastly I did system restore to a few days ago when wireless connection was working fine. No success there either.

A:[SOLVED] Good wireless network connection but no internet connection

you have not accedently switched OFF the wireless at all

can we see an ipconfig /all and ping tests and an xirrus screen shot

also delete all the profiles

How to remove Wireless Profiles
Removing an existing wireless "profile"
b]- Vista/Windows7:[/b]
FAQ - Welcome to TP-LINK
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

to do that:
Next
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Quote:

For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is working

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Direct link to the program is here Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-good-wireless-network-connection-but-no-internet-connection-599619.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Sony VAIO laptop running Windows Vista Business, Intel Centrino Duo, 1 gb RAM. Was recently traveling. Used hotel wireless. Now having trouble with home office wireless connectivity. Will conntect to home office Linksys N router. Will send via wireless to printers on network. Yet will not connect to internet via wireless. WILL CONNECT to intenet if connected to the router via a cable. Have tried release and reset IP address, reset TCP/IP stack, and reset winsock. Have done re-install of the Linksys software (deleted the connection and followed the add new computer steps in the Linksys program.) In past had a HP laptop running Windows XP that had same problem, but simple IP address release and reset would fix that one. Thanks to anyone who has the fix to this one! Icarus50

A:Solved: Vista Business Wireless connection OK but no connection to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-business-wireless-connection-ok-but-no-connection-to-internet.814998/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello everyone I have an internet connection problem and was wondering if anyone here can help I cannot connect to the internet even though all the green lights on the modem are solid and steady I have a laptop connects ethernet cable to the modem which connect to the ISP I ask my ISP support to problem laptop connection connection cable Internet modem to verify my IP address and my modem mac address and they check out good I have an XP OS IE firefox and opera web browsers and a cable modem connection to the ISP - all Internet connection problem laptop to modem cable connection three browsers cannot connect to the internet I can ping the yahoo and google websites and my loopback address but cannot access these websites via my browsers I look in the TCP IP protocol properties and they re all set to automatically obtain the address I also tried to manually configure the ip address the sub mask the dns servers and the default gateway first in the general tab then in the alternate configuration tab to the ones I found the network connections detail I tried the ping ipconfig and netstat commands to try figuring out the problem but no luck Has anyone comes across this problem Any help and advices are much appreciated Thx in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-problem-laptop-to-modem-cable-connection.131928/
Relevancy 40.85%

The title explains it pretty much...

But I have a Belkin N router, in the room above I have a desktop with a Belkin N stick.

I also have a 100mbps connection

The Windows Network and sharing centre says I have a 150.00 Mbps connection, signal stregnth low, status connected.

Any reason why the signal is low?

My download speed is very slow all of the time.
Any advice appreciated thanks

A:Solved: Low internet connection - N router + N dongle + 100mbps connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-low-internet-connection-n-router-n-dongle-100mbps-connection.891691/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

Hoping someone can help.

I have a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows XP with a wireless connection to a broadband router.

Several weeks ago my laptop started dropping the internet connection randomly (I'm alos unabel to access email when this happens).

My wireless network icon in my toolbar shows the connection as 'Excellent' but for some reason both Internet and Email is not available. The only way to fix the problem has been to restart my laptop which is very frustrating.

I've noticed that this also happens randomly when I'm at home (using different wireless broadband modem) so I think the issue is my laptop not the 2 x routers/modems.

I'm running NOD32 for security as well (but have been for 4 years now with no problems till now).

Please help.

Relevancy 40.85%

Hii all Tech savvy Fedora for 3 connection in Core Internet Configuring PPPoe Connection I am new to this forum and Configuring PPPoe Connection for Internet connection in Fedora Core 3 somewhat new to linux world I have some problem while connecting to the internet My PC configuratiion is as follow Processor AMD athlon RAM mb Motherboard ASUS A N X Display Card NVIDIA GeForce MX Integrated CPU Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter PPPoEWin Miniport I am Configuring PPPoe Connection for Internet connection in Fedora Core 3 having Cablenet Internet connection PPPoE I am able to connect to internet in Windows XP but i am not able to use connect via Fedora Core I used the following IP address I assign it statically in XP to use LAN facilty NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport IP Subnet Gateway WAN PPP SLIP Interface IP Subnet mask Default Gateway DNS Server server ip address Client ip address Please Help me how to coonect in Fedora Core I would also like if you reply me at the following email address allongwiyh this forum rush kanti yahoo co in Waiting for reply nbsp

A:Configuring PPPoe Connection for Internet connection in Fedora Core 3

Hello and Welcome. :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/configuring-pppoe-connection-for-internet-connection-in-fedora-core-3.23159/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there im new to the forums and i ve got a problem that laptop; LAN internet Working a no on wireless broken but connection connection s been a real pain for me lately I ve got a wireless connection in my house going through a Linksys WRT GC router and also a wired connection with Cisco gateway only laptop uses it About month ago some strange things began to happen with the wireless connection my PC seems not to be able to connect unless I reinstall the protocols and it s really annoying to do that every time I run my PC Also the wired connection stopped working probably because of cable being broken but it requires a router restart of the time when I want to connect the laptop that used to connect through cable to the wireless network The nd laptop has an issue mentioned in the title the LAN works but it can t connect to the Internet through the router Ipconfig all shows that DHCP isn t working there s no default gateway Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection and DNS seems to be wrong Could that all be related to router not being updated for a long time I tried reinstalling drivers unistalling and installing back network card and doing most of the things mentioned in similar threads but nothing seems to work I know it all looks very silly Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection but I can t do anything about it Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection at least now - I don t have access to any router settings and can t update it Every bit of help is appreciated I can paste all the information needed from all computers Operating systems are Windows on PC and the st laptop nd laptop is Vista nbsp

A:Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection

can we see the ipconfig /all and an xirrus screen shot

ipconfig /all

to do that:
Next

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/working-lan-but-no-internet-connection-on-a-laptop-broken-wireless-connection.1021421/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello All,
i am building my own unit and i need help with a Cooling fan I wanted to be quite and excellent as far as cooling and lasting, Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks again
Jon

A:Quite and excellent cooling fan?

i know im not a guru or anything and i dont know much about fans to recommend any but i thought it might help the next people who read this to know what you are trying to cool....you said you are building a new computer so im guessing you are wanting some case fans and a cpu fan? might also help if you posted your build so we know what your trying to cool so the tech wizards can tell you the appropriate fan/s. also how much are you wanting to spend.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quite-and-excellent-cooling-fan.131176/
Relevancy 40.85%

OK, where do I begin. Yes I need your help. I have a computer running XP. I installed a new DVD RW and all worked well for a week. Then all went blue, restarting all the time, then nothing, tried to reset up using boot CD for XP, it goes most of way thru, approx 20 minutes to end I either get a message
bios not fully ACPI compliant ....
or
STOP: 0x0000008e
If the DVDRW was working fine for 1 week, could it be this or something else??
mk

A:excellent problem

Your meeages are either a down rev BIOS or you don't have the latest or a corrupt driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-problem.282494/
Relevancy 40.85%

I spend quite a bit of time in hotels so I am looking for VPN software that is fast and will connect to a trusted secure host server with a reliable reputation. I tried HotSpotVPN and found that it worked very well. However, I discontinued with HotSpotVPN because they have filters that block various websites that they feel are unnecessary for a business computer. My laptop in not a business computer but my own personal laptop. I also tried WiFi Guardian 2009 trial but discovered that it does not work with Windows 7 yet. Anyone with suggestions? I prefer the payed for software because they are usually ad free and are also usually connected to a dedicated fast and secure server. Thanks!

A:Looking For Excellent VPN Software.

Here is more information on setting up a vpn on a Windows 7 machine: Set up a remote connection to your workplace using VPN.

If you are looking for compatible software I suggest you search at the Windows 7 compatibility center and compare based on your needs: Windows 7 Compatibility Center home.

Cheers,
Tara
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/51089-looking-excellent-vpn-software.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3325 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset, 1534 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 177072 MB, Free - 140941 MB; D: Total - 99 MB, Free - 34 MB; E: Total - 61388 MB, Free - 55891 MB; F: Total - 61399 MB, Free - 47584 MB; G: Total - 243742 MB, Free - 66739 MB;
Motherboard: ASRock, G41M-VS3.
Antivirus: None
thank you i followed a thread about listing of music and a suggestion to use karens directory printer excellent choice and then i opened these files in excel as suggested and formed my own music list
i then changed a little bit and placed a hyperlink on the file extension so now i can go through the list select what i want to listen to click on the hyperlink and the song is playing once again thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thank-you-for-excellent-assistance.1068045/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey I ve been having this problem ever since coming back home from university My laptop doesnt seem to be able to stay internet not to connection connection but Losing laptop wireless on the internet very well I ll be randomly browsing downloading whatever and then suddenly it ll stop The wireless icon on the taskbar comes up with a amp quot amp quot and says no internet access The wireless connection is still full strength at this point but no internet What I don t understand is that the internet connection to the main computer which is wired works fine all the time the internet connection works on the other wireless laptops in the house and at uni I Losing internet connection to laptop but not wireless connection have no problems with the wireless internet I don t know where the problem can be Turning off the wireless card and turning it back on works for a few minutes or so restarting the computer works for a bit longer It usually works just long enough for me to get the false hope that it s fixed itself Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F BCHR H CN U VD Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled I m not particularly tech savvy computers and myself dont seem to get on very well I ve absolutely no idea where to go from here Cheers for any help guys nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

This one is gonna blow your mind I dropping, still connection Internet availability connection displaying ve had this windows vista home premium for almost an year now and I m probably going to remove it bevause I can t use internet properly with it Here are Internet connection dropping, still displaying connection availability the great details Regardless wether I use wireless or wired networks my Internet connection dropping, still displaying connection availability PC connects and displays that it has no problems with connecting to the internet However with the wired networks it would connect to Internet connection dropping, still displaying connection availability skype and web pages literally whenever it wants to -sometimes the connection would be perfect for hours sometimes it would be here for minutes and then be gone for Most of the times it would just not be there Peculiar fact is that if I had written down the link to a file I would have no problems downloading it with software similar to GetRight Download Accelerator Flashget etc The same with torrents Another peculiar fact is and this one not sure but my personal observations for an year are pretty accurate starting a download like that would kill the connection abilities of my browser and skype The annoying icon in the bottom right corner however would never stop telling me that I have no problems connecting to the internet Sometimes disabling and enabling the Local Area Connection would help for let s say minutes other times not so much The access to shared files on the networks was always full If you re curious that s the only reason I still haven t removed the Vista - if I needed Internet I could use those of my roommates and the file sharing basically solved all my other needs It s summer I went work and travelling in the US hurray now I m using wireless linksys However the wireless connection has it s own mind and will as well After I connected successfully the first time and used internet for about an hour it was gone Again I had no problems re-downloading setups of programs whose links i had memorised in GetRight but my browser and skype would not connect again I restarted the laptop and had minutes of connection when the Internet was down again Tried to and successfully re-downloaded a torrent file with a download speed of mb s Restarted again had internet for another two minutes It s been like that ever since I have no problems pinging yahoo with an average round trip of ms my netBIOS local name table has everything registered but the only way I can use Internet is to reboot every minutes If someone out there has any idea what is going on I d be more than grateful I ve decided to set up a date to throw patience away and install XP even if I have paid for Vista on the first of June Just to make sure the child in me doesn t die Thanks in advance to everyone who is even going to try to help P S Sorry for the unrelated information and the repeated use of the word quot again quot but this is really getting to me Thanks again to everyone that tries nbsp

A:Internet connection dropping, still displaying connection availability

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-dropping-still-displaying-connection-availability.713271/
Relevancy 40.85%

Running Windows XP Using Outlook to compose and receive email OK issue Internet software - recognizing connection - Other not Connection Outlook stopped recognizing the internet connection one Connection issue - Internet OK - Other software not recognizing connection day and we were having issues with malware so I figured that was the problem and have downloaded software to correct those issues The scans found a ton of junk most likely due to the fact that limewire was used on the computer at some point Connection issue - Internet OK - Other software not recognizing connection Now the issue we have is that we are able to connect to Connection issue - Internet OK - Other software not recognizing connection the internet through firefox and the connection is working fine The wireless connection that is set up through this desktop machine is working fine as well The other software on the computer is NOT recognizing the internet connection at all For instance iTunes provides an error message along with Outlook and others I have tried rebooting and also running the connection wizard which did nothing This computer was originally set up for a dial up but has worked fine for years on the cable modem I have contacted the ISP and they will offer no help besides telling me it is a software issue Can anyone tell me what else to try I am fairly new at this but would really like to correct this issue

A:Connection issue - Internet OK - Other software not recognizing connection

Because you have Firefox and I am NOT familiar with it or how it impacts IE6 to 8, my only suggestion is to open your Network Connections in Control Panel then right click the NIC and then click properties and make sure Client for Microsoft Networks and Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) appear.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/connection-issue-internet-ok-other-software-not-recognizing-connection-525589.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Dear all I generally have good WiFI connection but in two rooms so I am running a TP-Link system for Wifi through my powernet which provides me with WiFI in our working space No problems here I have been noticing that on my laptop when I sit in the living space my internet connection is dropping WITHOUT randomly dropping WiFi connection through connection Internet losing connection to the WiFi network This makes me reset my adapter but mostly without succes Sometimes it spontaneously regains internet connectivity This happens at random to Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection me My cell phone doesn't have the same problem Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection nor does my Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection GF's computer I notice that when i go back to the workspace where wifi is distributed through my TP-link more often then not I instantly regain connection Which makes me think this is a problem of IP adress that is different when switching from Wifi through router and Wifi through TP-link Here is the runout for my ipconfig all and Output for 'netsh wlan show all' Windows IP Configuration docx Regards Robin

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57254-internet-connection-randomly-dropping-through-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi everyone I work in an office where we have a main desktop computer which is connected to the internet via a Time Warner modem The modem is connected by cable to a netgear wireless router and up until today there have been no problems connecting to the internet from internet connection network Wireless lost connection the laptops that use the wireless connection Today for no reason with no changes upgrades or anything different at all I am now getting the message that my laptop sees the wireless network but claims the network has no internet access not true I am able to connect to the internet from the desktop which is where I'm typing from So we have internet coming into the office and the desktop but suddenly the router isn't broadcasting the wireless signal any more Wireless network connection lost internet connection I ran windows network diagnostics several times and I've gotten different responses one said quot wireless connection doesn't have valid IP configuration quot another said quot the default gateway is not available quot and quot tourbleshooting couldn't identify the problem quot I'm reasonably computer savvy and I can follow instructions so does anyone have any ideas where I should start Many thanks Caroline

A:Wireless network connection lost internet connection

The first thing to try is to power everything off, Cable mode, router and computers. Then power them on again in sequence. Cable modem, router then computer. Let each device settle down before going on to the next.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118734-wireless-network-connection-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Previously my 2 computers (specs under profile) were networked successfully with a shared dial up connection showing up as the Internet Gateway on the second computer. After switching to Tiscali ADSL Tiscali shows up as the Internet Gateway and can be connected and disconnected successfully from the second computer, however, no connection can be made to the internet. The internet settings on the second computer under both Firefox and IE are set to Auto detect settings for network. (Note: AVG update doesn't work either from the second computer- does it take its connection settings from IE?) ICS is enabled in Network Connections.

Thanks in advance.

A:Internet Connection Sharing with ADSL connection & crossover LAN

Tiscali put its proverbial foot into it, by not letting connect 2 PCs. Read the smallprint, then get rid of Tiscali while you still can. They are the worst ISP under the sun!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-sharing-with-adsl-connection-crossover-lan.27966/
Relevancy 40.85%

Ok so I've looked around this forum and other forums for how to get back the Local area connection and i get stuck. In the Network Connections, I only have "1394 Net Adapter" and no Local Area Connection. What's going on. They say make sure in the device manager it is not disabled. But I only have the 1394 Net Adapter driver in the Network Adapters. Where is my local area connections driver ? Its not there !

I have a clear modem (CPEi 25150) and a D-Link wireless router (DIR-601) and they are connected and set up. It all worked fine before I reset my PC back to factory settings and wiped out everything, but now this happens and I can't get on the Internet. Help ?

A:Local Area Connection missing and no Internet Connection.

Hello,

Have you tried going to "Add hardware" in control panel?

Start -> Control Panel -> Add Hardware -> Click next, and it should detect the network adapter is connected to your computer but hasn't been installed and it should install it for you.

Post back here with results aswell

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-missing-and-no-internet-connection.1009995/
Relevancy 40.42%

What are some games you guys know for PC that have Excellent graphics? Im tired of playing some of these games that turn out to have good but not great graphics, and some are awesome, Need For Speed Underground (PS2 or PC Demo) has good graphics...

What are some of the games that had graphics you liked? I may try them.

Relevancy 40.42%

I have been having issues connecting to the internet since Monday Sunday night it worked fine but since Monday all I get is the yellow triangle with exclamation point in it on my wireless internet icon I have tried unplugging the wireless adapter tried No despite signal connectivity excellent re-entering the password tried to repair and finally reinstalling the Belkin CD but to no avail I have two separate icons in the system tray that show my internet connectivity No connectivity despite excellent signal one for Belkin and the other for wireless network connection This is what they currently show when No connectivity despite excellent signal I mouse over them Belkin Connect to network linksys Network Type access point Encription TKIP Transfer rate Mbits sec Wireless network connection Speed Mbs Signal Strength Excellent Status Limited or No connectivity despite excellent signal no connectivity The last two lines above I believe are the issue excellent signal strength but no connection There are other computers using the same wireless internet including the laptop Im currently using with no issues so it s isolated to this one computer Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Dan nbsp

A:No connectivity despite excellent signal

Having both the Belkin Wireless Controller and Windows Wireless controller on at the same time could cause this. Try turning one of them off.

Not sure how to turn the Belkin off, but here is how to turn off the Windows controller.

Go into Control Panel, Administration Tools, Services.
Go to the bottom of the list to find the Windows Controller.
Wireless Zero Configuration for XP, WLAN Auto Configuration for Vista/7.
Double click on the controller name to pull up Properties Window.
On the General tab,
Next to Startup type, click the down arrow and select Disabled from the list.
At the bottom under Service status click the Stop button.
Click OK to apply the changes.

Usually the install cd gives you the choice of just loading the drivers and using the Windows Controller, which is what I did with my Belkin USB adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-connectivity-despite-excellent-signal.1075845/
Relevancy 40.42%

Check out this program at

www.goldwave.com

This program provides your typical open file, save as feature that is so much more simpler than winamp.

Just thought I would share.

Tweak

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-program-for-converting-your-mp3s.37970/
Relevancy 40.42%

You dont need to fork out to have top-of-the-range effective protection

this is how....

FIREWALL

1. Use Windows Firewall in XP SP2
2. No XP SP2? Zone-Alarm is a 1st class FREE firewall
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conte...alm/freeDownload.jsp?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en

ANTI-VIRUS

1. Goto www.bitdefender.com and download Bit Defender 8 FREE of charge
it offers excellent protection against Viruses AND Spyware and its absolutley FREE
http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Main/view/Download-Free-Products.html#

I Use Bit Defender Pro with Windows Defender and never have problems...
Viruses are blocked if downloaded and are completley disabled....

ANTI-SPYWARE

1. Download Microsoft's Windows Defender which integrates itself into Windows
so theres no Icons in Tray or Desktop just Real-Time spyware protection
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...E7-DA2B-4A6A-AFA4-F7F14E605A0D&displaylang=en

Relevancy 40.42%

How could I add a excellent banner on a PHP website? Here's our website www.decarle.com. We gona redesign our website. How could I do that??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-could-i-add-a-excellent-banner-on-a-php-website.809693/
Relevancy 40.42%

First off i have a Thermaltake Armor Jr. Case. The problem is the front L.E.D standard intake fan isn;'t taken in air at all. There is no wind blowing in the case, and yes the fan is mounted properly when i checked.

So my question is, what is a good intake fan with good airflow and at a good air rate.

Also, anyone know if the side window vent is a 90mm or 92mm fan placement?

Note: The intake fan is 120mm.

any help will be the best thanks.

Please provide links with the item please.

A:Good to Excellent intake fan please.

the best way to guage a fan's performance is by the CFM rating. the higher the rating, the more air it can push or suck in. and one of the best ones i've seen has a cfm rating of about 63. normal ones i've seen are around the 35cfm mark. and this is one is advertised as being exceedingly quiet as well. it's very high quality. you might be able to tell that from the price. but it's well worth it if you want performance and quality.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185006

25 dollars. it's 120mm as per specifications.

i'm not sure about the side vent. but it appears to be a simple 90mm vent.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-to-excellent-intake-fan-please.94239/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello Guys,
I have recently joined this forum just because of some issues which are colliding in my mind..
Actually I want to know that Is DDR2 an excellent memory for automotive and industrial to server, consumer, networking, and computing?

A:Is DDR2 excellent memory?

Is there a reason for asking?

You can't just pick and choose the memory type you want. The memory type must match the design called for by the motherboard. DDR3 is the latest memory design and DDR4 will probably be available before long.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-ddr2-excellent-memory.174005/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello Guys,
I have recently joined this forum just beacuse of some issues which are colliding in my mind..
Actually I want to know that Is DDR2 an excellent memory for automotive and industrial to server, consumer, networking, and computing?

Relevancy 40.42%

AOL broadband,

Belkin pre-n router

to Motorola wap

to Hawking pci adapter

Excellent connection, shows 5 bars, but IE does not work.

IE is ok when I use dialup.

Have no idea what's next.

Thanks, Ron [email protected]

Relevancy 40.42%

Hey, I found a Good and interesting website for All softwares.

A:Hi, Excellent website for All software!

Closing duplicate post .....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-excellent-website-for-all-software.139142/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I seem to have recently picked up a redirection virus - at least I hope that s what it is Whenever I try to search for something I get redirected but in the bottom left of the screen it says waiting for excellentsearchserver com before I get redirected I m rather fed up about this having only just recently cleared the going on earth redirection server.com search excellent virus and I ve tried to be really careful since then I m running Windows and Firefox Also excellent search server.com whenever I try to do a virus scan using McAfee it stops and says An error has occurred An unexpected error occurred during your scan Please click ok to go back to your Home page and then try running your scan again But running it again gives the same results It s also doing this thing where when I open a program up comes a window that syas that Windows Firewall had blocked it and do I want to allow it I ve just tried running Mbam and it s immediately stopped running and when I ve tried to open it again it says that the pathway is invalid and I don t have permission Please help me Again Thanks Mick

A:excellent search server.com

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417795/excellent-search-servercom/
Relevancy 40.42%

A few dayds back I downloaded some nForce drivers (1.12 I believe) that were uploaded to NVIDIA FTP, though since removed. Check out these shots;

When using RegClear 4.3 I *also* discovered an entry for;
NVIDIA ASIO Driver

I've yet to give these any real testing though seems like NVIDIA really put some hard work into these & may even finally have MultiDrive 5.1 support.

A:New NForce APU drivers may be excellent?

Download links are here;
http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=776

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/e_service/forum/viewthread.php?threadid=2793&boardid=14&styleid=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-nforce-apu-drivers-may-be-excellent.2426/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi there For a good FREE alternative to Outllok which looks OUTLOOK FREE Excellent alternative to pretty much the same Excellent FREE alternative to OUTLOOK as Outlook unlike a load of other email clients try this If you can manage Linux either as a VM or as a Host then I'd suggest you use KMAIL - this has improved so much these days that I'm happy enough to use it daily even at work Install the KDE desktop on your Linux Distro -- KDE has improved very much these days - the KDE team seem to have found a winning formula KMAIL works with different servers you can have multiple accounts on different servers integrates with EXCHANGE GMAIL Other email servers as well as IMAP and it's great having a SINGLE email system for Work and home - especially if you are on or different client sites all with their own different email servers KMAIL is integrated into KDE - you don't have to install it separately and IMO is far superior to Thunderbird or Evolution - the two other email clients often used The only very slight snag is that to configure the first account is a bit fiddly - then configuring other ones are simple As always with Linux - documentation could be better - but I'm sure if anybody here is or has been a developer on any system you know what a chore documentation is and how even when it is done it gets out of date alnmost before the documentation is finished I'm gradually trying to wean myself of Ms Office -- I've found some aceptable clones for EXCEL Powerpoint and Word WPS KINGSOFT office but until now finding a decent OUTLOOK alternative was a problem - especially for managing multiple email accounts on different servers I refuse to go the Office subscription route and don't like the way everything is inching towards quot Cloud quot servers -- probably trying to get us in future to PAY for everything Cheers jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/51219-excellent-free-alternative-outlook.html
Relevancy 39.99%

...I changed to virgin at the weekend. Router cd did not detect router so i phoned them and did it manually.....5 mins later it wouldn't connect again, this is the same for all 3 laptops i have. I've since been on phone all weekend to virgin without sucess. One guy said to send off all my laptops as they have a problem!!! I've messed about and messed about even more on phone with them. Took my laptops round my dads and now they won't even connect with his which they used to do. Virgin won't send anyone to me they are sending new router. I'm going mad!! Help me please!! PS, they all worked fine on Sky till this weekend.

Relevancy 39.99%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop that's running XP and IE. When I try to get onto the Internet, the wireless signal is reportedly excellent but IE does not connect to the Internet. Can't figure out what the problem is.

Relevancy 39.99%

Im using a GB Crucial M firmware as my OS drive on a Gigabyte GA-Z A-D H-B in the SATA port I have GB RAM and a i - k Ghz Recently Im getting a boot time of about seconds after boot I know that isn t all that slow in general but for a SSD it is I have done all the usual tweaks for SSDs advised on many websites like disable defrag enable write caching disable page file and indexing superfetch and prefetch I used an online guide to tweak my bios for SSD- I installed windows with ACHI mode on etc I m sorry I don t have the crystal mark results but trust me they were very very good much faster rates compared to other results I saw posted online for an M Applications start fast but when I disabled all start up programs in benchmarks boot SSD, Slow excellent MSConfg it loaded the same- about seconds to boot after BIOS So I disabled all services too Same boot time So far I have uninstalled a recently added program APC UPS software I checked all cables in the computer and all were snug I m just confused because the benchmark was so good and I thought it was software But when disabling everything the boot was still slow Any ideas

A:Slow boot SSD, excellent benchmarks

Are you overclocking?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438075/slow-boot-ssd-excellent-benchmarks/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi all Santa left me one of these for XMAS Crucial M GB SSD drive EXCELLENT drive GB absolutely Crucial M4 -- SSD 256 I've just installed it in a decent laptop Sony VAIO with INTEL I cpu and GB RAM The main difficulty was actually physically getting it into the laptop -- slots were OK but the wretched people who assembled the laptop in the first place seemed to have the screws so tight that I was afraid I'd cross the threads on the laptop Crucial M4 256 GB SSD drive -- absolutely EXCELLENT case which gives access to the old HDD Finally after cloning the OS and booting up --- I JUST CANNOT believe the SPEED and fast response Crucial M4 256 GB SSD drive -- absolutely EXCELLENT I'm getting on the laptop now I wish I'd installed one of these AGES ago If you can beg borrow or steal one of these devices -- GO FOR IT It even makes using Photoshop on LARGE RAW PRO DSLR camera files a pleasure I use one area on the SSD as a photoshop scratch area too Makes my fast Crucial M4 256 GB SSD drive -- absolutely EXCELLENT Desktop look like a SNAIL Cheers and happy new year everyone

A:Crucial M4 256 GB SSD drive -- absolutely EXCELLENT

Jimbo, they are great, aren't they. I bought a Samsung laptop that I keep very little on. I put a 64GB M4 as a OS drive and a Vertex2 as a data drive. Restart time is 26 seconds. My Wife has now confiscated it, and it is her laptop now. I get the old one that still has Vista on it.(for now).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/205055-crucial-m4-256-gb-ssd-drive-absolutely-excellent.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi there I know a lot of people HATE Windows -- but if you download the FREE Windows ENTERPRISE day free trial you can install a Windows to Go system on to an external USB device use an SSD and it's great which BOOTS AND RUNS from the USB (Free) system recovery Excellent and runs as a FULL windows system -- not a LIVE system but a real Windows system This is a REAL running system not an INSTALLATION Disk You can install stuff just like you can on a normal Windows system It's a genuine portable system which will boot on any device that allows booting from a USB device If you use an SSD it runs perfectly fast enough too Now if you install things like OFFICE Excellent recovery system (Free) PHOTOSHOP Partition Wizard and Backup recovery software like Acronis you can use this as a full working Windows system and it will boot even if the main HDD on the computer is broken You can also install VLC and a load of other stuff making this a very convenient PORTABLE windows running system - far easier than messing around with things like BARTPE or trying to boot and run VHD's OK it's Windows but if your main system is broken you can use this to recover it very quickly with all the tools in one place - Meanwhile while the system is being repaired you can still watch a Video listen to music or do other things at the same time as it's a FULL windows system Normally the USB devices have to be certified but if you do it THIS way then you can use ANY USB device http www admin-magazine com Articl on-a-USB-Drive Cheers jimbo

A:Excellent recovery system (Free)

Windows 8 To Go - Setup on a USB Flash Drive or USB Disk

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/297544-excellent-recovery-system-free.html