Windows Support Forum

Solved: Router LAN ports dead, hardware fault or ghosts?

Q: Solved: Router LAN ports dead, hardware fault or ghosts?

I have an ADSL modem router combo device ZyXel Prestige HW- Recently I found that the LAN ports are no longer functioning properly It took a long time to arrive at this diagnosis because my second rig -- an dead, fault ghosts? LAN Router Solved: ports or hardware ancient AMD K -III was is connecting just fine Later it turned Solved: Router LAN ports dead, hardware fault or ghosts? out it is in fact the only computer that CAN connect It is a hardware level problem I suspect because the port indicator leds will not light up when a cable is plugged in The client computer will behave as if the cable is unplugged First I thought one particular port was broken but I ve connected the AMD rig to all ports for testing and sure enough it works on all of them Any other rig that I connect will stay on a perpetual cycle of trying to obtain an IP address and never getting it Yes I have tried switching cables rebooting clients AND the router etc The wireless is working just as well as it ever did nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Router LAN ports dead, hardware fault or ghosts?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 71.81%

hi sony vaio xp sp lots of peripheral usage we have front and rear usb ports digital cameras printers mp players one morning when switching the usb printer dead Solved: all dying...DEAD. usb ports....not cable from the laptop back to the front usb port on the desktop the computer froze and NONE of the usb s front or back have worked Solved: all dead usb ports....not dying...DEAD. ever since important to note is that we do lots Solved: all dead usb ports....not dying...DEAD. of plugging unplugging usbs for the above devices what we have tried to awaken our usb s keep in mind we are in the early learning stages of computer knowledge static discharge boot reboot safe mode reinstallation of usb root etc system restore didn t work no matter how far back we went last ditch chance is a system recovery so we bought an external hard drive and are backing up as with everything Solved: all dead usb ports....not dying...DEAD. we do not without problems but that is another post here in preparation for the recovery any other clear step by step advice for us thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Rebuilt PC tower Win 7 + mutiple software. First boot up no problem downloaded from portable hard-drive much data all working fine.
Shut down and left off 14 hours reboot attemted message. Excess current useage from USB will shut down 15 secs and it did. Tried once more same thing. Investigated found short to case of USB port and rectified.
Tried to reboot computer completely dead.
Any thoughts please I am not the sharpest knife in the draw but not total dummy.
Thanks in anticipation.

Relevancy 66.22%

Is it normal for all USB ports to die at the same time? I have an Epox EP-9NPLA-SLI mobo that worked just fine last night. This morning it doesn't turn on my mouse, doesn't make that sound when you plug or unplug something from a USB port, doesn't recognize a different mouse, just doesn't work! The case hasn't been cracked open for moons and I didn't install any drivers or programs. Last night it worked, today it doesn't. Is this how USB ports go to heaven?

Relevancy 66.22%

4 out of 8 of my USB ports are not working. 2 out of 4 on the front and back (both sets on the right side of the computer). I've looked at the advice on this issue and have tried everthing but checking the BIOS, I have no idea how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:[SOLVED] Dead USB ports

in the device manager click on view at the top and in the dropdown
show hidden devices
then uninstall all listed usb items
turn the computer off
unplug usb plugs
reboot twice
replug in the usb plugs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-dead-usb-ports-361925.html
Relevancy 64.5%

well my pc was on during a power outage and now all the usb ports are dead, i can't get the monitor to come on even tho there is power to it and the pc. My system is an Asus CM 5570, windows 7/ 64 bit. Any ideas on what is wrong?

Relevancy 63.64%

I have an HP 8100 elite that keeps bsod. i ran the driver verifier and attached are the zipped results.

How to I read the log files?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-hardware-fault-driver-verifier-run-588143.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello TSG Folks!

I have an ISP supplied D-Link DI-624 router with four ethernet ports on the back. Two ports are being used by computers, one by a printer, and one is wired downstairs to a PS2. I am thinking about buying an Xbox 360 but I don't have enough ethernet ports. What can I do or what should I buy?

Also, I am looking for something to extend the range of my current router or a whole new router. What do you guys recommend? The router is (and will be) in the upper right corer of the house.

Thanks a ton!

ferrija1

Relevancy 62.35%

I recently did a clean install of Vista Ultimate I tried it before and had a lot [SOLVED] on ports only USB works certain Certain hardware of compatibility issues That was over a year ago Now I have nearly no problems with it In fact I [SOLVED] Certain hardware only works on certain USB ports like Vista quite a bit I have all my [SOLVED] Certain hardware only works on certain USB ports software installed and working and had all my hardware working as well I recently went out and purchased a wireless keyboard and mouse That box said Vista certified I couldn't get it to work for the life of me Then I plugged the usb receiver into my friend's Vista laptop and it worked right away plug n play I refused to give up and after tons of installing and uninstalling drivers I accientally got it to work However it will only work on the USB port on the front of my computer They are all usb It won't even work on the other usb port on the front the same hub Any suggestions at all Thanks in advance Sam

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-certain-hardware-only-works-on-certain-usb-ports-252091.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi

I unplugged my mouse from the USB port but when I polugged it back in it did not show up on the devices and printers. I ave an Acer aspire 5732Z on Windows 7.

Pete

A:Solved: USB ports not recognising hardware

I see you've marked your thread as Solved, did you solve this and what did it turn out to be?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-usb-ports-not-recognising-hardware.1122337/
Relevancy 61.49%

I just bought a Belkin F5D-9630-4 ADSL Wireless Router, followed the installation guide but it doesn't work!
The front of the router shows a red light on the Internet LED. The user guide says this means the router could not obtain an IP address. I followed the Belkin advice given on the Troubleshooting section of their website but it hasn't helped.
Short of ringing up my ISP (which is Bulldog) is there anything else I can do to solve this?

Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys,

So recently I bought myself a brand new Belkin N900 Router. It does the job I want it to but it has these 2 usb ports on the back of the router itself. Can someone please explain to me what these usb ports can be used for?? I've tried googling for answers but haven't found the answer I'm looking for. Could someone please explain to me how I can use these USB ports on the back of the router? Thanks

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all Me and my dad have been trying to set up a game of Age of Empires using TCP IP connection over our home network However I am having serious trouble connecting for a game I have tried opening the required ports on the router but I can only computers for Solved: Router, 2 Ports do so for one IP address For example ports - TCP UDP must be opened but i can only open them for Solved: Router, Ports for 2 computers one or the other of our computers Is there some way around this I dont think i can change any of the required ports in the game or something I have also tried to put my computer in the DMZ This didnt seem to change anything i could still not connect Since my computer is in the DMZ should i be the one hosting the game or trying to connect My router does have to UPnP feature and is on but it still wont allow us to connect What do i need to do Thank you very much -Aaron EDIT Both comps are wired to router windows vista EDIT Alternatively would buying a crossover cable to connect them work or some other cable nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hey guys,

What is the best way to add more ethernet ports to my router? Is it to daisy chain a hub /switch to it? I'm all out and I often work on many computers at a time. Currently I have the cable modem, my computer, printer, one spare for computers I work on, and one to vonage modem. I would like more available for computers that I work on so I can hook up at least one more. Thanks!

Relevancy 58.91%

Hey all so I have forwarded some ports on my router with Airport Utility NAT port forwarding but using cmd netstat -n the ports I forwarded aren't listed and using online port checkers confirms they are closed I added exceptions to my firewall even though it is off and windows defender is off and Avast's shields are all off I honestly have no idea how to open the ports up and haven't found a way to do this using Windows not pro Anybody have any ideas It seems like Windows is blocking these ports from opening for some reason There doesn't seem to be an override function in cmd to open them either In case forwarded disabled? router Ports firewalls closed; ports, you're wondering why I need the ports open I'm trying to resolve a quot request timeout quot error when pinging somebody on Hamachi - so I'm trying to open the main ports Hamachi uses I just want to play Terraria man Any Ports closed; router forwarded ports, firewalls disabled? help would be greatly appreciated

A:Ports closed; router forwarded ports, firewalls disabled?

Temporarily add your PC IP into the DMZ and try again , see if the internal/external tests then notice the ports open , this will test if it's a router or PC issue....

Don't forget to take it out of the DMZ after testing...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32603-ports-closed-router-forwarded-ports-firewalls-disabled.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I ve been having won't ports router open Linksys Solved: this problem for quite a long time and I ve done everything under the sun that I can think of Right so here s the situation For Solved: Linksys router won't open ports over a year now I ve been trying to open ports on my Linksys WRT GS and it just won t have it I have a Static Ip and when I remove the router from the equation I can get access through the port so I know its not my ISP blocking the ports I ve set up port forwarding on a different router and its worked fine so that pretty much eliminates the possibility that I m doing something wrong The only thing I can think of is I have a faulty router I hope its not the case but I m at the end of my rope and I want to get this fixed Windows Xp Professional x Core Quad Q Evga I Ultra Geforce GT x GB Linksys WRT GS Firmware V nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I need to share an internet connection here and rather than do it the ICS route - I am going to do it the ethernet route...

Modem / Router only has 1 ethernet port on it - can I just use a four-port switch to quadrouple no. of ports?

(i.e. broadbandline > modem router > swithch > three computers ?

A:Solved: Plugging a Switch into a Router to extend no. of ports possible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-plugging-a-switch-into-a-router-to-extend-no-of-ports-possible.573509/
Relevancy 58.05%

My condo is wired for internet. I have a router connected to an 8 port switch. The router works fine through the switch and was using the other ports on the switch to connect the bedrooms with internet (switch ports connected to corresponding bedroom ports in closet hub).
Tonight I tried to stream my PS3 in my bedroom, however, the connection was not working. I tried switching ports on the switch, but none worked. The router was still working and wifi was same as usual. I even tried to use the port the router was using on the switch but connections still didn't work.

Here is the strange part that I don't understand. The router works on all the switch ports, but the bedroom lines do not.
When I connect the bedroom lines to the router ports they work perfect. I used the PS3 and laptop to confirm

What is going on? What changed all of a sudden?

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi. I have a SMC D3G0804W model router/modem combo and It wont open any ports. I have opened many ports on several routers before this. I am pretty sure I am doing it right. I even tried using port triggering in conjunction with port forwarding, but to no avail. I will post some screens below so you can see if I am doing everything right. By the way, the application I am trying to port forward is Minecraft. Any help would be appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sq3dw4snr3jqqjo/Capture 1.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ti2zq3gx6fqbpdd/Capture.JPG

Relevancy 58.05%

I was streaming a video clip from my main computer to my networked computer when the video stopped and it said there was an error reading the file The file worked fine on the main computer so I figured there was an issue w the wireless wireless just Solved: maybe Is my software glitch router or dead a router So I power-cycled the router and plugged it back in but the file still wouldn t play on the networked computer Then I realized that my main comp no longer had internet access I bypassed the router and plugged the cable modem directly into the computer and the internet worked fine I thought Solved: Is my wireless router dead or maybe just a software glitch I might have a configuration issue w the router so I copied the IP settings while connected directly to the cable modem Then I plugged the router back in and open the configuration page It said something like quot Awaiting IP update from DCHP server quot or something like that There was also an option to input the settings manually so pasted in the info I copied earlier But I didn t have the DNS settings so setting it manually didn t work The next day I figured I should get some screenshots of the configuration page before I posted So I hooked the router up again but this time I couldn t even Solved: Is my wireless router dead or maybe just a software glitch access the configuration page I power cycled it same problem Then I hit the little reset button w a paperclip but it still wouldn t load the config page So from the way the router failed initially and the symptoms I ve had then it seems like a hardware failure But everything still powers up and the send receive lights still flicker - as do the lights on the modem when the router is hooked up So I wanted to make sure it wasn t a software glitch before I go buy a new one nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi guys I have an Acer Aspire g which is no longer charging and need to find out if this is simply the battery that needs replacing or if the fault could be with the dc connection A while back my loving girlfriend dropped my laptop only a couple of inches onto the floor which she dead battery or another fault Laptop denies to this day despite seeing her do it since then I have had the change battery error message but was told that as long as it s kept on the mains it should be ok which it was apart from the power lead being temperamental and occasionally cutting out but with a little wiggle of the cable it would power up again This gradually got worse over a few months until there were only certain positions the cable could be in to charge the laptop until the other day when the power light stopped and without fail the laptop died within mins I ve tried a couple of power cables which work fine on our other laptop also an acer so i m confident the issue doesn t lie there which has led me to believe it s either the battery connection or both Is there anyway I can diagnose what the actual Laptop battery dead or another fault problem is i ve already taken the front of the laptop off to see if there was anything unusual inside as it did heat up on occasionally but couldn t see anything obvious not that i particularly know what i m looking for Ideally I want to avoid paying out for a new battery if it works out that it s the power connection at fault Any help would be appreciated cheers nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

I m Bonnie support lady for my mom that Please wireless router dead is confirm E2500 Solved: help Linksys she has Win XP and Linksys E router a couple of years old She has a PC connected by Ethernet cable I got her the router Solved: Please help confirm that Linksys E2500 wireless router is dead so that we could connect our other Solved: Please help confirm that Linksys E2500 wireless router is dead devices e g tablets my laptop my phone sister s etc as well as --mostly -- let her use a Roku on her TV to get Netflix Hey she s She enjoys being able to watch shows and movies on Netflix immensely since she can t get out much All we wanted to do was to finish quot The State Within quot check it out Recent visit I m on the Net w her wired PC no problem We leave to go eat dinner Come back and YO I cannot get her Roku which uses the wireless connected Just doing the normal thing to fire up the show Hm I go to PC to verify if wired PC can get to I-net Nope Strange I disconnect Linksys e Connect to I-net via cable directly through modem YES So I do all the things we all do Nothing works IP release renew reset reboot yada yada So I bring her router home to my house where I know I net is working and can give it more time in order to troubleshoot Here are the notes I took At the bottom of this I m copying the info from the Solved: Please help confirm that Linksys E2500 wireless router is dead techguy forum re specs on my network system that I m on right now and using to hopefully verify that her Linksys e is working And now I don t think it is Notes from my Evernotes At Mom s apt without router connected to network I can t get the screenshot I took to paste here Shows IP addr to be subnet mask no default gateway which should show as This problem is so puzzling I am at my mother s her PC is running XP SP Linksys e router Comcast is ISP Motorola Surfboard is modem I have her PC going to router via Ethernet I was successfully accessing Internet etc on her desktop connected via LAN Came back a couple of hours later to start up her Roku to run Netflix on the TV it uses the wireless signal and there was no signal At PC now no internet So I have no idea what caused the problem it seems to have happened spontaneously I did everything I could think of and or find on the forums but no go I came back on a subsequent visit I am here now at her apt to try all over again and still I cannot connect to the wireless router either wired or wirelessly Details Can ping router at really re-reading what were the conditions prob wired PC to router at this point I can get onto Internet fine if I remove the router and just go PC to modem to confirm problem is not with modem Then I put router back so I have PC via ethernet cable to router and the blue cable going from the Internet port on the router to the modem Internet port Lights on I ve reset a million times both router and modem and restarted pc numerous times I switch out cables to make sure no problem with them When try to log onto router by going through Chrome GUI at I get the message about quot management mode update firmware quot quot vs logging me onto the userid and pw screen Why is it looking for this I can t get past this to log onto router numerous searches on Google to no avail Did a bunch of other things pages of notes let s just start now from my house where I have more time and I know my own network is working Here I have a Linksys E So doing searches and then disconnect this in order to test the e - - At my house with my own network still up Disable wireless on my laptop so PC wireless doesn t find my network Doing the next steps with just the e NOT with it plugged into cable modem Trying to determine if e can talk to PC wired to it Without getting my son who is gaming presently totally cheesed off at me for removing his live connection Test loopback Plug router into electrical Ethernet to IP port on router to any of the ports on router Then another cable from PC to a different port on router ... Read more

Relevancy 56.33%

What makes a computer turn on by itself, after it has been turned off. Everything in Control Panel\Power Management, looks OK. Do I have spooks?? Dave.

------------------
Is it OK to use an AM radio in the afternoon?

Relevancy 55.9%

I have xp windows and had to restore. well now when ever i sign into or delete something the mouse over does not go away it just stays there on the desk top. restarting gets rid of it until you use something on desk top. than it is back again. very annoying

A:Solved: Hanging ghosts

Hi Goldilocks

I think I know what you mean, but a screenshot of your problem would be great. Do this by pressing the PrtSc button. then press start > run and type mspaint and click ok. In paint, click Edit > Paste. Then click File Save As. Give it a name and in the box below that select jpeg .jpg.

On to your issue. This is usually related to display. Try this as a solution.

Press start > Right click My Computer and select Properties. Here select the Advanced Tab > Then Performance.

This will take you to the Visual Effects tab. Remove these options from the list:

Animate Windows when minimizing and maximizing
Show Shadows under Menus
Show Shadows under Mouse Pointers
Use visual styles on windows or buttons.

Click ok and reboot.

This should speed up windows too, but also, hopefully, stop your problem. If not. Please take a screenshot and upload it as an attachment if you have to repost your problem.

Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hanging-ghosts.347989/
Relevancy 55.9%

Recently, my XP windows drop down bar has taken on a ghostly apperance (non-apperance). When I right click on a menu item, I see a ghoast of the right side and bottom line of the dropdown list, but no choice text. Only after I mouse over each of the dropdown choices does any text appear. I find this somewhat concerning, because I don't know what caused the change.
Where can I redefine the appearance of the dropdown. I tried looking in Display but don't know the location to adjust.

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello All My son was in the process of updating his USB drivers to install an xpert-tv device and in doing so all of his USB ports went dead I have read many of the existing posts and the difference we are experiencing is we do have no other way of connecting a keyboard or mouse to the computer other than USB no ps ports at all I have tried rebooting in safe mode accessing the BIOS but the computer does not respond to any keyboard commands Unfortunately the only thing I can tell you about the computer is it s a DELL I can t dead have USB gone ports even give you the model at this point How can I gain control of the computer to do any problem solving at all My first thought was USB ports have gone dead to purchase a PCI card with ps ports but not sure if that will work Does anyone have any thoughts at all Appreciate all your help inadvance nbsp

A:USB ports have gone dead

are you sure its a dell with no ps2 ports?

That in itself has left me confused.... i have NEVER seen a dell without them (desktop of course....)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-ports-have-gone-dead.116211/
Relevancy 55.9%

my usb ports wont work anymore my speaker light wont go on my mouse doesnt work in them
everything was working till i too kthe port out and pluged in a camera usb cable then i tried it didnt work i rebooted a few times tried the the different slots with different cables & usb objects and no luck any advice? thanks guys

Relevancy 55.9%

I have a p4p800 SE. I connected my PSP to usb mode then all of a sudden my pc froze. Restarted it, now no usb ports work!

A:Usb ports dead?

If it was a front port you could have possibly fried the Southbridge/USB Controller. The wiring for the front port could be incorrectly connected to the motherboard. Try removing USB Host in Windows Device Manager and let Windows try to reinstall/reconfigure it. Otherwise it could be fried.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ports-dead.568770/
Relevancy 55.9%

Awhile back I made to switch from Vista 64 to Win 7 64, for some reason the new installation would bump into errors where Vista 64would not. 2 of my RAM slots would be ok, but when I used at least one of the other two, I'd immediately get errors from Memtest and Windows. My mobo uses 4 sticks of RAM, and the setup has to use corrresponding RAM types in Slots 1 and 3, and likewise with 2 and 4, if using all four. I've done all I know how, resetting the CMOS, removing components and im all out of ideas, help?

Mobo: Abit Fatality F-190HD Socket 775
PC: Core 2 Quad 6600
ATI Radeon HD 6570
Win 7 Ultimate 64
Thermaltake 430W power source

A:Dead RAM Ports?

"the setup has to use corrresponding RAM types in Slots 1 and 3, and likewise with 2 and 4"

By "corresponding RAM types" you mean RAM sticks of the same density or capacity I assume?
Is that how you've fitted them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dead-ram-ports.1027655/
Relevancy 55.9%

A few weeks ago I left my Dell dimension 4700 on for a lil bit and left the room. I come back to my monitor being black and my computer beeping. I restarted it and the monitor stayed black and it started to beep again. I did some investigating and came to the conclusion my video card wasnt working. I replaced the video card and I turned it on it seemed fine as it booted up. Then I realized my mouse and keyboard werent working so instead of the ps/2 ports i tried the usb hubs and they didnt work either. I know I have some replacing to do but idk what I have to replace exactly. Get a new motherboard? or are those ports replaceable? is it a fairly easy replacement or should I just drop a lot of cash on a professional to take care of it all?

A:Dead ports

Leave ps2 mouse and keyboard attached, can you boot into safe
mode...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dead-ports-294505.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there I have a Winfast m ma motherboard and all my - Please DEAD Ports USB help usb ports arent working It started when I plugged in my external hard drive First it said that it can t pick up the drive or unknown usb something Then eventually I had to switch usb ports and then switch them back for my ipod to work meaning moving the usb s around I left for gym came back and my mouse didn t move usb mouse Restarted and usb ports don t work Tried all of them and nothing The mouse light is shining and brightens up when you move it but the mouse doesn t move on the USB Ports DEAD - Please help screen Then I plugged in an old school mouse with ps I think and that also doesn t work My keyboard on ps works fine but nothing from the mouse I played USB Ports DEAD - Please help around in bios and checked if the settings were enabled and they are I also flushed the bios by switching the bios pin and putting it back Please help Cliffnotes All USB Ports don t work USB Mouse is on but not moving Even PS mouse not working Was fine when I left and now it s not no one touched it THANKS FOR THE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hey guys I ll try not to make this a wall of text also I hope this is in the right forum I recently reinstalled Ports dead? USB Windows thinking that the new install was the problem reinstalled Windows a SECOND time but it appears the problem is some hardware issue USB Ports dead? Basically the most major thing USB Ports dead? that happens is when I m listening to music or any sound for that matter it might randomly just cut out the sound just stops - there s no pattern to this but it seems to happen more commonly during games I swapped headsets with my brother to see if he gets the same problem My headset is not faulty my hardware is faulty My headset USB Ports dead? is USB based How I resolve this random sound quot cut out quot is a simple unplug replug appears to correct the issue until the next time another thing pointing to my USB points being faulty is my mouse randomly freezes then about half a second later however this problem with my mouse does not require my adopter to be repluged My mouse is wireless and using a USB adapter This issue seems to be isolated to my USB ports the rest of the computer seems to run flawless May I emphasize As far as I can tell this is most likely relating to hardware This issue seems to affect USB ports only My sound will randomly stop - however this appears to not happen unless I am playing a game or using Skype this also seems to reset the headset or something All sound is instantly stopped not just the application s own sound The sound can be restored by unplugging and replugging the headset however this is very annoying and cannot be used as a permanent solution for one many games will not resume sound if a sound device is unplugged then replugged My headset is USB based My mouse and keyboard will randomly freeze but then continue as if It s a weak or bad connection with the adapter however my adapter is very close and I ve never had connection problems before lt --- Most likely relating to the USB port the USB adapter is plugged into My mouse and keyboard are wireless and use a USB adapter Switching USB ports does not appear to help of the USB ports quot freezing quot up or whatever seem to happen when using high usage applications such as games or Skype playing games creates the error very constantly in contrast typing this post which has taken a reasonable amount of time has not recreated the error once Specs Bit old I know i GB RAM GTS watt PSU ASRock P DE I ve probably forgotten heaps of specs ask in a reply and I will post the spec thanks so much Thanks guys Any help greatly appreciated Darkedge nbsp

A:USB Ports dead?

Use the site's utility to post your specs
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

Is windows up to date?
Do you have the latest drivers for your motherboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ports-dead.1071603/
Relevancy 55.9%

okey, so i got my desktop hooked up to my tv, 1 of the pin connectors broke on my cable i plugged it back in with the pc on my pc shuts down, next thing i know my usb ports arent working, i got 2 front and 4 back side usb ports, im thinking its odd they would both go out though,

i tried a few things but im not getting anywhere, i was wondering maby someone could give me some help, maby i can test to see if there dead but i dont know how

A:usb ports dead

1 of the pin connectors broke on my cable i plugged it back in with the pc on my pc shuts down,Click to expand...

can you be more specific - what cable, where where you plugging it in
etc etc

have a look in device manager
Universal Serial Bus Controllers
click on the +
right click on the devices and see what it says there
post back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ports-dead.767057/
Relevancy 55.9%

My USB Ports seem to be dead as whenever I plug any USB device in my ports, they don't do anything.
Heres what I tried (and failed):
-Disable Selective Suspending
-Restart
-Scan for Hardware changes
-Uninstall the USB Ports
-System Restore
-Yank out the power cord (only made it worse).
Anyone gonna help?

Specs:
Manufactorer: Hewlett Packard
Model: HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC
Processor: Intel core i3-2350M CPU @2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
RAM: 4,00 GB
64 Bit OS

A:USB Ports dead?

Hello EmanModnar. Welcome to the forum

Are these the USB ports in the rear on the motherboard, the ports on the case, or both?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/353023-usb-ports-dead.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hi, my usb ports have never worked on the rear of my com. I've tried unchecking 'enable computer to turn off to save power' on them all and it says they're working properly.. I've tried googling, and some here, but not having much luck
I'm using XP SP 3
Core2Duo 4400
NVidia 7300 GT
2GHz/ 1 GB Ram

Any help'd be greatly appreciated - I've had the computer about a year and a half haha!

A:UBS ports dead?!

Hello kunminger,

What is the make/model of the MB?

Have you checked the BIOS to make sure that setting are correct?

Made sure that all Drivers are loaded properly in Device Manager?

Latest BIOS version for your MB?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ubs-ports-dead-352956.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Dell Inspiron N5040 Laptop.

I have 3 USB ports. Both of the ports on the right side do not work, I get the error when I put anything in them, device driver not recognized and USB Device not Recognized.
-Unplugged and powercycled laptop many times
-Uninstalled USB drivers and reinstalled
-Updated chipset and bios

Still having the same issue. I don't want to do a clean boot because I have a lot of graphic design software I work with and don't want to be reinstall all my files and data. I just want my ports back. Could you guys help me?

System Specs:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6200 @ 2.13GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2934 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1243 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305142 MB, Free - 162604 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 024DTD
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

A:Need Help with Dead USB Ports

You may want to give the following a try. I've never used the procedure myself.

(From a JohnWill post 4/7/09)

First step, Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore. Create a restore point and name it something like "Before USB Fix". This is to bail you out if something goes wrong during the following process and makes things worse.

Create a file with NOTEPAD containing the following lines and save it as FIX.REG

You should have 3 boxes on the bottom in NOTEPAD.
1)Filename : fix.reg
2)Save as type: all files
3)Encoding: ANSI
If you do not change it from txt type to All files type, then the file will actually be fixcd.reg.txt, this won't accomplish the desired result.

-------------------------- Use text after this line --------------------------------
REGEDIT4
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]"DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES"="1"

-------------------------- Use text before this line --------------------------------

Double click on FIX.REG and say yes to the Merge Into Registry question.

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Disk Drives that you know are not present.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

NOTE: If you have a USB keyboard and/or mouse, you'll have to modify the instructions and leave enough parts for those to function. I don't have one yet, so I haven't had time to modify the instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-dead-usb-ports.1130166/
Relevancy 55.9%

i have three usb ports on my laptop two on the left side and one on the right side... the one on the right side is broken in a way that it alows a usb device to be pluged in the wrong way and thats what happened... i connected a usb mouse to that port but i fliped it unintentionally and it was pluged in the wrong side up.... my laptop turned off and it didnt turn on as long as the mouse was plugged ... i only relized this a long time after i pluged it and after plugging out the mouse my laptop worked.... problem is now all my usb ports arent working at all its like they have no power at all... i tried to reinstall driver any many software solution that i found on the internet nothing works.... does that mean this is a hardware problem? and how do i fix it???

A:usb ports dead

Dear Customer, Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum It looks like you are facing issues with regards to the USB Ports on the Notebook Please perform the below shown steps to resolve the issue:1. Now from within Windows, go into device manager and find the USB hub(s) right click and go into properties/advanced. You will have the option to reset the hub. Do it for all hubs and restart the Unit. 2.  Go into the BIOS (F10) and restore to default settings. Reboot.  Note: If this still does not work, then your option is to have the motherboard repaired or replaced or just get a USB external hub so you can have more ports.  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on left to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee   Try this USB3 driver... Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file from the link below...https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24896/USB-3-0-Intel-USB-3-0-Driver-for-Intel-NUC USB 3.0 Driver for WindowsIntel USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver - 64 Bithttp://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_132256_1&sp4ts.oid=6431933 Intel USB 3.0 Driver for Intel® NUC - 32 Bithttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3467&DwnldID=23734&keyword=USB+3.0&la... NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driverhttp://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-100224-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/usb-ports-dead/td-p/5801759
Relevancy 55.9%

Bit of a weird problem this. Ive spent hours trying to sort it so far. After a routine reboot yesterday, I found I couldn't access the internet. LAN was fine, internet gateway was fine. I had an IP assigned by the router. Everything checked out but nothing could open the necessary ports. If I open a command line and ping some web servers I get replies but if I open a browser or try to update some software or ping game servers I get the same problem - can't establish a connection. The issue is not a hardware one as i'm using the same set up at the moment albeit on a different hard drive I luckily had lying around with my OS cloned to it. I'm at a loose end here. Help!
System basics:
P4 2.8
1GB RAM
Win XP Pro

A:Ports dead

If you can't access the Internet with programs like IE, Outlook Express, or other web browsers, you may have corrupted Winsock entries.

Try this Automated WINSOCK Fix for XP: http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ports-dead.465562/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Dell Optiplex GX620 and the USB ports will not work hence no mouse and keyboard. I can't get into bios. The computer will boot but says keyboard failure then continues to boot into windows xp. Any one have any ideas? At this time I have pulled the bios battery and am waiting an hour before I replace it.

Relevancy 55.47%

I run Windows XP HE and get the blue screen of death and a message that my PHYSICAL memory is dumping to disk. I then see numbers ascending, I just switch off, this is the only way I can escape !

Every time I reboot it checks the disks for errors but gets ALMOST all the way through then HANGS. To overcome this I simply reboot again and it is ok.

I am worried that this DUMPING PHYSICAL MEMORY TO DISK will keep happening. Maybe even when I am away from my pc with disastrous results. It just suddenly happens with no warning. I no longer feel I can just leave my pc on unless I am watching it all the time. Very frustrating with broadband

In addition when I boot up I get an error message that the CPU is unworkable, hitting F1 gets me in ok.

A:Is it a hardware fault or O/S ?

Sounds like you have some serious hardware issues.

The "dumping physical memory to disk" is fine, all its doing is recording to disk a copy of the contents of the memory, for use by a Tech in diagnosing the problem (maybe...)

Its not harmful, its just writing a file.

Sounds like you need some physical hands on Tech Service on the PC though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-a-hardware-fault-or-o-s.224868/
Relevancy 55.04%

Ok heres my issue I have a wireless lan setup I my Is Brain being I Dead Dead? am Router or am using a Linksys router WRT GL This router was working fine for the longest then one night a power shortage hits it comes back up and everything seems fine But Is my Router Dead or am I being Brain Dead? now my LAN game cannot play I had a heck of a time setting it up to play and finally had been using Hamachi so I could create a makeshift VPN and have my friend play with me over the net So my setup was like this PCs behind a router played with PC on the internet One of the PCs behind the router would ALWAYS host Hamachi worked perfectly and everything would work so long as the firewalls were down Then that outage happened and I could no longer play My problem is I cant even play locally so now I know something is up with my router At least I think something is up I have tried everything my LAN is working I can share files and folders between the two PCs and ping them But as soon as I go to play the game Neither computer sees the other persons game I am in utter AWE and shock cause I have tried everything I want to purchase a new router to see if thats the problem but I am not sure what to do My router allows me to go online ping the each other and even share files So I am really at a loss Does anyone know any program I could use to monitor ports and whats happening when the game starts Or maybe a networking consulting company in the NY NJ area Im really desperate at this point and wouldn t mind paying for this solution cause its frustrating Its one of those problems where ya know you can fix it but when ya get into it its sucks hours out of you nbsp

A:Is my Router Dead or am I being Brain Dead?

If I were you I will try to reconfigure the router after you upgrade the firmware of your Linksys and try to play online again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-router-dead-or-am-i-being-brain-dead.557099/
Relevancy 55.04%

Last week the two USB ports x USB and xUSB appeared to stop functioning nbsp I had my wireless mouse and keyboard transceiver plugged into the USB port and after removing it to take my laptop away from the office and then returning and plugging the transceiver back in the port s didn't work nbsp I did notice when I started Dead Ports ES1-512 Laptop my USB on the laptop that it did continue a Windows update nbsp I have Dead USB Ports on my ES1-512 Laptop subsequently removed the update but the ports still did not work nbsp I changed the battery in the mouse but that didn't help nbsp I then moved the transceiver to the USB port but that appeared dead as well nbsp Moving the transceiver to the left hand side USB port showed that there was nothing wrong with the transceiver and indeed a check of a USB stick also in that port showed the same behaviour namely the two ports at the rear wouldn't work but the left hand side port would function normally nbsp I have disabled and uninstalled the USB Host Controllers in the Device Manager Windows and restarted the laptop but nothing there helped nbsp Last night I reset the Windows OS using the Win recovery option and that hasn't helped anyting really except when I plugged in a USB TB Western Digital disk drive to either of the rear ports Windows recognised this and showed me all the drives that I had created nbsp But when I swapped it out for a mouse keyboard transceiver or other USB peripheral the system didn't recognise it nbsp Before I return the laptop under warranty does anyone know what might be causing this

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Dead-USB-Ports-on-my-ES1-512-Laptop/td-p/444752
Relevancy 55.04%

hi all I have a frustrating issue with my eMachines desktop computer I read the thread here about how the eMach s are notorius for frying USB ports I have a wireless keyboard mouse logitech that were plugged into the rear ports work? dead. USB My Will this are USBs along with two printers The front ones were used primarily for iPod phone sync flash drives etc The front panel ones died first but i was still able to print and use the keyboard mouse In my attempts to fix the issue the rear USBs are now dead as well weird thing is that when plugged into the usb i can still get to the bios setup on startup from the wireless keyboard Once the Windows logon starts they don t work anymore i My USB ports are dead. Will this work? plugged in a keyboard and mouse into the ps jacks and i can get in to windows but the printers are not working now are you sick of reading yet OK here s my question I have an open PCI slot - will a PCI USB port work to replace the dead ones I really don t feel like replacing the power supply or the whole computer I would get in the back and then get a hub to run around the front Is there any reason you can think of that this wouldn t work Thanks in advance Kenny nbsp

A:My USB ports are dead. Will this work?

yes that should work fine

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-usb-ports-are-dead-will-this-work.122820/
Relevancy 55.04%

I just bought a Corsair M gaming mouse I installed both the updated firmware and the drivers for the ports? USB dead Corsair = M60 mouse and played a few rounds of Medal of Honor Warfigher on multiplayer The mouse performed pretty good I played for a good three hours without a problem I then shut Corsair M60 = dead USB ports? down to attend to something away from my PC When I rebooted my PC two hours later the USB ports in the rear hub of my setup -- where the M was plugged -- were no longer working The mouse was unresponsive I did a hard shut Corsair M60 = dead USB ports? down plugged the mouse into a USB port in the front panel then boot my PC into Windows The mouse worked but the ports in rear USB hub remained unresponsive So I did the quot unplug the power cord wait five minutes then reboot quot band aid solution which -- as expected -- worked Windows installed its generic mouse drivers I m using those now I ve uninstalled the M driver for now but have kept the firmware update intact I would really like to be able to use the driver s features But I m worried that I might run into the same issue again and be forced into another hard reset What could have caused the problem I know it s a lot to ask but I d like to first hear your advice and inputs and perhaps learn more about this issue before I try re-installing the Corsair drivers I ve got an Asus P X Pro motherboard As mentioned the M is plugged into a rear USB port Here are the specs for the mouse As always your help and advice will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Corsair M60 = dead USB ports?

Try rolling back that driver update

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-m60-dead-usb-ports.186546/
Relevancy 55.04%

So I always seem to get good response on this site Hopefully you guys can help me out again 90% USB dead on laptop seem Ports I bought a cheap powered USB hub off ebay Connected to PC and when I plugged anything in was getting quot malfunction quot quot unknown device quot etc So it was faulty I then tried on the laptop to make sure I then thought I'll USB Ports on laptop seem 90% dead try using some different leads to see if it was just the lead they sent me When I connected an alternative power lead I stupidly didnt check the v A it caused the laptop to switch off completely I couldn't get the laptop back on for a sec Was pretty sure the battery was at least half full Eventually got it back USB Ports on laptop seem 90% dead on USB Ports on laptop seem 90% dead the the USB port I had the hub connected to wasn't working The other USB ports all seemed fine I read about disconnecting everything taking the battery out and leaving it for mins may solve it So i tried that but had no luck So left it all unplugged disconnected over night Now today none of the uSB ports are working I've tried plugging lots of devices in and am getting no response Usually some of these devices would light up and stay lit while connected When plugging in now to any USB port on the laptop the light might flicker on then off quickly That's about it I've tried uninstalling USB related stuff in device manager then restarting etc Any suggestions Is my motherboard ed Unfortunately the laptop doesnt have any express pcmcia card slots so thats not an option It's strange how at first it was only the port that I had the hub connected to that was faulty now all of them are Any suggestions would be appreciated Even comments on my stupidity of plugging the wrong power lead in to the HUB Let me know what you think

A:USB Ports on laptop seem 90% dead

Yeah, there is a very good chance you fried the electronics up to or including the Southbridge Controller. It depends on what you did and the voltages involved.

I'm not clear on this:
"When I connected an alternative power lead "
What is that?

The best way to tell if you are dealing with a hardware problem (fried component) or a software problem (altered or corrupted drivers or OS settings) is to download, burn, and run a "Live CD" like Ubuntu or Puppy Linux. If the USB ports do not work while running Ubuntu then you will know it is a hardware problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/231825-usb-ports-laptop-seem-90-dead.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello guys. My travelmate P253-M i5 two usb ports on one side went suddenly dead after i updated. can you help me to fix it?

A:Travelmate usb ports dead

Pradip,

Perform a system restore to before the updates were installed and see if they start working again.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Travelmate-usb-ports-dead/td-p/369030
Relevancy 55.04%

Last week the two USB ports x USB and xUSB appeared to stop functioning nbsp I had my wireless mouse and keyboard transceiver plugged into the USB port and after my Dead Laptop on Ports USB ES1-512 removing it to take my laptop away from the office and then returning and plugging the transceiver back in the port s didn't work nbsp I did notice when I started the laptop that it did continue a Windows update nbsp I have subsequently removed the update but the ports still did not work nbsp I changed the battery in the mouse but that didn't help nbsp I then moved the transceiver to the USB port but that appeared dead as well nbsp Moving the transceiver to the left hand Dead USB Ports on my ES1-512 Laptop side USB port showed that there was nothing wrong with the transceiver and indeed a check of a USB stick also in that port showed the same behaviour namely the two ports at the rear wouldn't work but the left hand side port would function normally nbsp I have disabled and uninstalled the USB Host Controllers in the Device Manager Windows and restarted the laptop but nothing there helped nbsp Last night I reset the Windows OS using the Win recovery option and that hasn't helped anyting really except when I plugged in a USB TB Western Digital disk drive to either of the rear ports Windows recognised this and showed me all the drives that I had created nbsp But when I swapped it out for a mouse keyboard transceiver or other USB peripheral the system didn't recognise it nbsp Before I return the laptop under warranty does anyone know what might be causing this

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Dead-USB-Ports-on-my-ES1-512-Laptop/td-p/444752/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello guys. My travelmate P253-M i5 two usb ports on one side went suddenly dead after i updated. can you help me to fix it?

A:Travelmate usb ports dead

Pradip,

Perform a system restore to before the updates were installed and see if they start working again.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Travelmate-usb-ports-dead/td-p/369030/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Compaq Persario A Laptop Vista Home Premium Dual Intel CPU T GHz On one side of the computer is the mulitcard device and one USB all - ports dead USB Vista work fine On the other side I have two USB ports that are dead They used to work I don t use them USB ports dead - Vista often so I m not sure when they stopped working I ve updated all the drivers I ve checked the BIOS and there is no place to check that the USB devices are there In Device USB ports dead - Vista Manager is shows the following Disk Drives Generic-Multi-Card USB Device Hitachi HST K SA USB Controllers Apple Mobile Device USB Driver Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - USB Mass Stroage Device YES it is misspelled USB Root Hub USB Root Hub USB Root Hub USB Root Hub nbsp

A:USB ports dead - Vista

Have you tried using those ports in "Safe Mode"? If so...read on.

---
Try removing the drivers in device manager. Right click each line, then choose "Remove/uninstall"
Then reboot your computer and when the drivers reinstall, try using the USB ports in question.
----

If the USB ports still don't work, then it's possible that they are defective. (but then again Windows can cause many random issues from time to time so we'll first have to rule out software as the problem.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ports-dead-vista.933798/
Relevancy 55.04%

Dear Friend,
first day at work. new computer ibm thinkcenter was given to me and i decided to downgrade it from vista to xp and when i had done downgrade. all usb are dead now and i cant connect usb mouse or keybord. please advise me how to fix usb ports to work.

thanks

A:downgrade to Xp and usb ports are dead?

Try to install your Motherboards USB drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downgrade-to-xp-and-usb-ports-are-dead.685338/
Relevancy 55.04%

Sorry for writing a novel as a first post It all started with my PC running slow on the gaming frontier I forked out for a new gig stick of RAM and all was well until my PC had random complete shutdowns Entire power off no warning nothing like oldschool pc shutdowns bam off so I had a look inside the case to see fault locating Need hardware help if there was anything obvious like if I had bumped something but I accidentally hit the voltage switch and blew the PSU Next day I got a new off the shelf Need help locating hardware fault Thermaltake w everything was fine again until I started getting screen garble Big Florescent pink and green lines on a white back ground with an offset square where the mouse was So I tinkered with graphics settings and all but it still continued So next day I bought a new Radeon X Pro I don t have a question I m just bragging lt Kidding Need help locating hardware fault gt I threw in an old Gb HDD at the same time as the Vid card and again all was going well until I started playing UT and the sound goes funkadelic three distinct different tones repeating over and over I shut down the PC at the PSU and Need help locating hardware fault restart but it wont go further than post It comes through with Clockspeed and memory count but wouldn t go further I disconnected the old HDD and it went past post and seems fine The real question is Where could the real fault be and the point of origin What could I have done to the machine could the PSU have spiked other hardware Why would the HDD work fine until put under heavy access Are there likely to be any further faults Has anyone had this happen before nbsp

A:Need help locating hardware fault

1. Where could the real fault be, and the point of origin?: Well you replaced everything apart from the motherboard and RAM so they would be your best bets. Download memtest and test your RAM for a while with it. Not the Windows version but the DOS version. I think it is on Hirens boot CD. Also on the Ultimate boot CD wich you should be able to find through google

2. What could I have done to the machine, could the PSU have spiked other hardware?

Did you insult your computer or look at it **** eyed? It is not likely that the PSU spiked the hardware but it is more possible that the amount of amps that came through the PSU was to much for the rest of the components to handle

3. Why would the HDD work fine until put under heavy access?

Well the harddrive is a mechanical object. The more you push it the harder it works. The harder it works the more likely it is apparent to develop problems but this would only happen with a damaged or extremely old harddrive

4. Are there likely to be any further faults?

Well it is still not working correctly so you still have problems. The fact that that the motherboard beeps is an indication that something is upsetting your BIOS. It is quite possible that the motherboard is damaged. Or at least that your computer is overheating

5. Has anyone had this happen before?

I have had all of these problems but not all at once. Now this is a novel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-locating-hardware-fault.605718/
Relevancy 55.04%

dropped the lappy and now all i get is the

we appoligise for the inconvience but windows did not start succesfully a recent hardware change might have caused this

then goes on start normally or safe mode etc,

it does not boot in anything

Can you please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/posible-hardware-fault.886645/
Relevancy 55.04%

OK the C key on my keyboard seems to have developed a life of its own Sometimes it won't work at all sometimes when typing it repeats amp repeats the only way to stop it is to hit ctrl amp alt at the same time This only happens with the C key If there isn t a text window open then two of the icons on the desktop flash repeatedly one is pdf file one is a powerpoint file Again only way to stop it fault? Malware hardware or seems to be ctrl amp alt at the same Malware or hardware fault? time scanned with Avira nothing shows same with malwarebytes I use both of these regularly DDS wouldn't execute on my laptop I just get a DOS window opening that Malware or hardware fault? reminds me to turn off script blockers what are they tells me it's non invasive won't take longer than minutes and that a log will be produced but then that window disappears and nothing else happens The GMER log seemed togo ok and Malware or hardware fault? is zipped amp attached Did all the above with AV etc disabled

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everyone this Hardware My Fault A PC Help On Need Diagnosing is my first post on techspot so be nice My problem is that i started my pc up earlier today and i was prompted with a bios screen asking if i wanted to boot windows normally safe mode or from last known good configuration I chose last known good configuration My pc then restarted and nothing displayed on the monitor so i turned it off and back on and nothing displayed again Anyways im at the point where no matter how many times i try the display will not show The pc sounds as though it starts up but wont load the bios screen I have tried motherboards switching over all the components thinking it was a faulty motherboard eventhough it had worked the previous day I get Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC the exact same problem with this motherboard too I have Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC disconnected all the drives and i still get the same problem My PSU Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC is an antec w which is only several weeks old so i wouldnt say it was a problem with it not supplying enough power to the motherboard The motherboard does not beep at all either So i have no way of finding out whats wrong with it I have left it unpowered and removed the bios battery several times but no change Also my dvd rom will not open whilst connected to either motherboard it will only open when i remove the IDE cable and run it only with power The computer doesnt even show anything with the dvd drive disconnected either I have also tried reinstalling the ram but if it was the ram then the motherboard would beep right My only guess is that it could be the cpu but the fan powers up and there is no bleeps from the motherboard indicating this I would really appreciate any help that you can give And before you ask all the cables have been connected properly Specs are amd dual core skt ASUS a v-nm and the SE motherboard was the original one gb mhz kingston ram gb SATA seagate HDD Empire DVD Writer Geforce gt Antec w PSU Thanks for reading this by the way and thanks in advance to all the replies Its really frustrating lol Ryan nbsp

A:Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC

It looks to me that you have done a very thorough job of fault diagnosis and i agree with your conclusion that the fault could well be with the CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-diagnosing-a-hardware-fault-on-my-pc.89046/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I have fault or hardware Virus a problem with either a repeating c key or it doesn t work at all i have to opy and paste it all the time I m unsure if it s a virus thing or maybe just a hardware fault but it doesn t happen in safe mode so I m leaning toward the former DDR doesn t seem to run on my laptop i just get a window explaining that it s non invasive et and when that disappears nothing else happens Below are the hijak this amp gmer logs Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Virus or hardware fault svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Connect BecHelperService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Virus or hardware fault Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS System SnoopFreeSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS SnoopFreeUI exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I L EXE C Program Files Zoom CnxDslTb exe C Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LWS exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files PPLiveNetwork PPAP exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet Wireless O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O... Read more

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello Right now I BSOD: Fault ?? Hardware am trying my best to keep my laptop running while I am posting this thread I have been victimized by relentless blue screens which I suspect is a result of some hardware problem I initially thought this was a Windows and or Virus problem BSOD: Hardware Fault ?? I posted a thread as well http forums techguy org virus-oth -extreme-system-slowdown-blue-screens htm l but I recently formatted and reinstalled Windows but the blue screens keep coming back I am using IBM Thinkpad R a model so pretty old by now It runs Intel Centrino GHz proc GB IDE hard disk it initially came with MB RAM but I upgraded it to GB Windows XP SP Here are the problems I am facing since last one month Extreme system slowdown while running two or MS Office files or Outlook or even two tabs on Google Chrome The mouse pointer tends to get stuck while moving on the screen as if my system is busy even when Task manager shows system usage between to times I face a slowdown I end up with a blue screen it mostly says something like A critical process thread has been stopped to stop further damage and a few error codes are X F X X A F DA X A C C X A CB C though the error codes change every time Also at times I get a blue screen while boot up that says Unmountable Disk and while running Windows I see Unknown Hard Error I showed my laptop to someone and he predicted that the MB RAM was causing the trouble and took it out but it still did not solve the problem The problem occurs instantly if I move my laptop from my desk to another location i e the moment I move it I get a blue screen I did run a memtest and it returned no errors Can anyone please help me figure out what s the problem I am living with it for more than a month now and its frustrating Thanks nbsp

A:BSOD: Hardware Fault ??

If moving it causes that kind of issue - I'd be looking at loose connections. DVD drive connection, AC adapter connections, Hard Drive connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-hardware-fault.949929/
Relevancy 55.04%

I sometimes spend a long time diagnosing certain faults on a PC/Laptop. Is it RAM, HDD, Mobo etc etc, until I pin down the exact faulty piece of a computer. I have been looking into diagnostic kits to try and save me some time, They seem to vary in price from £30-£1500. They all claim to be able to diagnose the exact hardware fault of a PC or laptop. My questions are, does anyone have any experience of these kits, if so do they actually work? And can anyone recommend a particular brand/model?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-fault-diagnostic.1139570/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys have a myriad of problems that I can t seem to shake My system will freeze up on a regular basis doesn t seem to be any rhyme or reason And when I say freeze I mean freeze the only way to shut the system down is to disconnect the power supply I have run AVG Spybot S D AdAware and the professional Luria spyware package Found the usual suspects but nothing extraordinary removed all This all seemed to Ghosts the in machine..sporadic Solved: freeze. start when I attempted to remove the backweb components Still get quot Invalid backweb application ID quot Also get quot unknown software exception x eedfade at location x e bg quot Solved: Ghosts in the machine..sporadic freeze. and quot Exception Ewrite error in Modul Ad-Awar exe stream write fehler quot the latter when I try to run Ad-Aware Also the AVG program took over my e-mail in spite of the fact that I checked the box at setup to avoid the e-mail and my server kept disconnecting and I couldn t get it out of there so I removed the program Anyway I have exhausted my limited abilities and Solved: Ghosts in the machine..sporadic freeze. need some pros to point me in Solved: Ghosts in the machine..sporadic freeze. the right direction Thanks in advance for any help here is my latest HiJack readout Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Norton Personal Firewall NISUM EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS System VTTimer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe C documents and settings owner local settings temp HIgwdvFjW exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute PopSubtract PopSub exe C PROGRA ALURIA asKernel exe c Program Files Norton Personal Firewall ccPxySvc exe C WINDOWS System gearsec exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search http nkvd us obfuscated R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http nkvd us obfuscated R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search http nkvd us obfuscated R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http florida rivals com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO AcroIETo... Read more

Relevancy 54.61%

So I tried to search and 'google' for help but found none so I'm posting here If there is a link that I missed feel free to dub me a noob send a link and be done Thanks I currently own an HP Pavillion dv dv us with these specs Windows Vista bit gb hard drive space gb RAM nVidia graphics card AMD Turion Processor I have defraggler A Squared Free Hijack This and CCleaner I have yet to have a major problem until two days ago Of four none of my usb ports are currently working They don't read any devices I tried plugging in two external hard drives three flash drives an HP wireless mouse well two actually my Samsung Delve and my Sony dead! Hp Pavillion USB laptop ports Walkman mp player The laptop does not read any devices However I Hp Pavillion laptop USB ports dead! did note that the walkman and my phone charge on all four usb ports which leads me to believe that they are all getting power The usb ports are all listed on in my Device Manager but disable enabling didn't work Also my integrated Webcam no longer works which is also new I'm currently attempting a system restore to see if this helps but I'm lead to believe this is some sort of driver issue some other sort of software issue Do any of you fine gentle-people of the vast and glorious internet have some sort of knowledge as to what the problem could be and how I could fix it Any help Hp Pavillion laptop USB ports dead! would be appreciated very Hp Pavillion laptop USB ports dead! much Thank you I'll try to repost here with new developments Mantrid

A:Hp Pavillion laptop USB ports dead!

Since the problem occurred 2 days ago - run a Vista System Restore -
START | type rstrui - choose an appropriate restore point

Watch any subsequent Windows Updates coming back in.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavillion-laptop-usb-ports-dead-440954.html
Relevancy 54.61%

well, the only 3 usb ports that are on my pc dont seem to work,
the system picks them up in the harware manager, and their controllers,
but when i plug a object in to them, i hear no sound and there is no recognition of the connection on my pc (as you usely get a sign saying "found new harware : blah blah blah")
i need some help because my wireless LAN internet card is usb so i cant go on the internet on my othe pc until this is fixed.

edit1: gunna try resetting cmos.
edit2:resseting the cmos didnt work

my motherboard is a msi ms-7046.

thanks =]

Relevancy 54.18%

HI THERE i'm really disappointed i got blue screen amp blue screen error several time a day since MONTHS I loaded WINDBG to BSOD FAULT disk SRV.SYS & IN WITH hardware read my last BSOD there were'nt same i mean this is the Code Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck F fffffa b fffffa b fffff dc d Probably caused by hardware disk Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt BSOD WITH SRV.SYS & hardware disk IN FAULT analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION f A process or thread crucial to BSOD WITH SRV.SYS & hardware disk IN FAULT system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the system when they are terminated for any reason the system can no longer function Arguments Arg Process Arg fffffa b Terminating object Arg fffffa b Process image file name BSOD WITH SRV.SYS & hardware disk IN FAULT Arg fffff dc d Explanatory message ascii Debugging Details ------------------ PROCESS OBJECT fffffa b IMAGE NAME hardware disk DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAULTING MODULE PROCESS NAME csrss exe EXCEPTION RECORD fffff c b -- exr xfffff c b ExceptionAddress e f ExceptionCode c In-page I O error ExceptionFlags NumberParameters Parameter Parameter fefd fd a Parameter c e Inpage operation failed at fefd fd a due to I O error c e EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - L CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT CURRENT IRQL ERROR CODE NTSTATUS xc - L EXCEPTION PARAMETER EXCEPTION PARAMETER fefd fd a EXCEPTION PARAMETER c e IO ERROR NTSTATUS xc e - Un p riph rique qui n EXCEPTION STR xc c e FAULTING IP a e f BUGCHECK STR xF IOERR C E FOLLOWUP IP a fe fd fd a FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME hardware disk STACK COMMAND kb FAILURE BUCKET ID X xF IOERR C E IMAGE hardware disk BUCKET ID X xF IOERR C E IMAGE hardware disk Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v And the Second Code Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck A fffff fc f ffffffffc e b fffff eed Probably caused by srv sys srv TerminateServer Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR a The requested page of kernel data could not be read in Typically caused by a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error Also see KERNEL STACK INPAGE ERROR If the error status is xC E xC C xC D or xC it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure If the error status is xC A then it means the request failed because a filesystem failed to make forward progress Arguments Arg fffff fc f lock type that was held value or PTE address Arg ffffffffc e error status normally i o status code Arg b current process virtual address for lock type or PTE Arg fffff eed virtual address that could not be in-paged or PTE contents if arg is a PTE address Debugging Details ------------------ ERROR CODE NTSTATUS xc e - Un p riph rique qui n DISK HARDWARE ERROR There was error with disk hardware BUGCHECK STR x a c e CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL TRAP FRAME fffff bd -- trap xfffff bd NOTE The trap frame does not contain all registers Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect rax ff b rbx rcx fffff a d b rdx fffffa d eb rsi rdi rip fffff eed rsp fffff bd e rbp r r r fffffa d r r r r r iopl nv up ei ng nz ac po cy srv SrvCloseShare fffff eed fff push rbx Resetting default scope LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff afa to fffff a STACK TEXT fffff bd fffff afa a fffff fc f ffffffff c e b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff bd fffff a b fffffa e fffff bd b fffff c fffff b nt FNODOBFM string' x c e fffff bd fffff aa c ffffffff ffffffff nt MiIssueHardFault x b fffff bd f fffff a e fffff a d b fffff a d b nt MmAccessFault x c fffff bd fffff eed fffff f e fffff a fffff a b fffff a d b nt KiPageFault x e fffff bd e fffff f e fffff a fffff a b fffff a d b f srv SrvCloseShare fffff bd f fffff f e fffffa b f df fffff c a f fffffa d ... Read more

A:BSOD WITH SRV.SYS & hardware disk IN FAULT

Oh, you're not dead yet

Hello and welcome to TSF.

At a glance, it looks like you're having some problems with memory management. Please follow the instructions here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-with-srv-sys-and-hardware-disk-in-fault-553145.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I m having some issues with my PC and i am not sure what is wrong i have exhausted what knowledge i have to be honest A couple of weeks ago i was using my HDD related, Fault. Hardware maybe not? Unknown Maybe PC same as always and i got a crash i dont remember the exact nature Unknown Hardware Fault. Maybe HDD related, maybe not? now but Unknown Hardware Fault. Maybe HDD related, maybe not? i restarted the PC and when i did i was greeted with a black screen with a flashing cursor when i tried to boot I fiddled around with my hard drive configuration at this point disabling one then the other to see if Unknown Hardware Fault. Maybe HDD related, maybe not? i could get the GRUB loader to appear This didnt work but when i put both drives back in as they were before i could access GRUB again but it would throw up error Makes sense i messed around with the drive positioning so grub would be a bit confused It s from this point that things went really wrong I used a LIVE ubuntu CD to try and repair grub but found that my GB HDD was actually inaccessible due to a bad superblock Further inspection showed that both my HDD s were showing some level of corruption I ran SEATOOLS on both my drives in the hopes that at least an error code would get me an RMA The GB drive passed fine first time The GB drive did not it failed the long test due to some corrupt LBA s that it corrected It has passed the long test twice now without error I decided at this point just to cut my losses reformat the drives and start over This went relatively painlessly and once i was setup in ubuntu i got a reminder that my HDDs were failing This feature is notoriously over sensitive though so i investigated further The GB drive had reallocated sectors that were not present before and the GB drive has pending sector rewrites as well as uncorrectable errors also not present before I have been monitoring the drives since and there has been no increase in damage over the last couple of weeks I assume they both took some damage in the crash but have no idea how My issues now have become more pronounced In windows my mouse will slow down under periods of heavy usage and freeze or lag a lot Sometimes i boot up and my USB devices kb mouse wif dish need to be reconnected before windows will detect them When the mouse is lagging the computer also slows to an absolute crawl and becomes unusable whilst this is occuring Performance in d games has plummeted too my fps jumps widly from the maximum amount i know i should be getting all the way down to around a quarter of its full speed So what has happened My operating systems are both on the GB drive the one i figured had taken the least amount of damage I cant RMA these drives without a seatools code so am stuck with them for a while besides if the manufacturers tool passes them fine then they cant be that damaged right Are all the problems indicitive of hard drive errors I m thinking whatever caused my drives to frazzle in the first place might be responsible here All help appreciated sorry for long post nbsp

A:Unknown Hardware Fault. Maybe HDD related, maybe not?

Update:

Tried extracting an archive on the 250GB drive, went at 16MB/s, lagged my computer out like crazy and i had to forcibly close the extraction. Copied the files to my 320GB (copied at full speed btw) and extracted there at 40MB/s with no impact on my PC performance whatsoever.

Seems fairly obvious then that my 250GB is simply screwed? Is there anything i can do here? SMART only shows 34 reallocated sectors out of 36 that were available for remapping leaving 2 spare sectors still, it should not be behaving like this, should it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-hardware-fault-maybe-hdd-related-maybe-not.911131/
Relevancy 54.18%

Recently I took delivery of a new PC Intel Pentium quot LGA Prescott quot GHz FSB with HT Technology Asus P AD Premium X LGA Motherboard Western is - or hardware Serious software it problem fault a ? Digital Caviar Special Edition GB JB ATA- MB Cache AOpen H A Super Tower W Serious problem - is it a hardware fault or software ? PSU Corsair MB DDR XMS - Pro Windows XP Pro already owned Everything was going fine until I connected to the net for the first time and got a virus that made the pc keep restarting itself and freezing up the net As a result of this I decided to reformat the hard drive and start from scratch nothing unusual there yes but as I had never reformatted before I by mistake tried to reinstall Windows via desktop instead of reformatting the hard drive first and that is where the problems began when I tried to reformat the hard drive like i should have done in the first place my pc kept refusing saying that there were programs already running the virus I guess Now when I try and install Windows via boot up it comes up with the following error message every time that I try and install Windows via boot up stop x b xf c xc x x This also happens if I change over hard drives so it can t be a hard drive problem BIOS update has also been installed so that is running normally So is it a a faulty XP disc b a problem with the motheboard c a system virus I need to know as it simply won t let me install Windows even after reformat or switching drives nbsp

A:Serious problem - is it a hardware fault or software ?

Sounds like the computer is not booting of the CD. You need to go into the BIOS setup when the computer first turns on, usually press F2 or DEL, and find the Boot Order. Make sure the Boot Order has the CD-ROM in the sequence before the hard drive. Then save and exit. Now when the computer starts with the XP CD in the drive it should come up and ask you to press any key to boot off the CD which is what you want to do. Then follow the onscreen instructions. You will probably want to do a new/clean install of XP so you will want to format the drive when asked.

Here's some installation guides:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
http://www.blackviper.com/Articles/OS/InstallXPHome/installxphome1.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-problem-is-it-a-hardware-fault-or-software.280252/
Relevancy 54.18%

Okay so in the last couple of weeks about of my Constant fault? - Corruption Hardware downloads will not install or extract due to file corruption Even legitimate downloads from legitimate websites I ve reinstalled windows and formatted the entire hard drive several times and even ran a Constant Corruption - Hardware fault? legitimate copy of XP and Windows and I am still experiencing the same problems Not only this but many of my programs will crash or not even open such as MSN Firefox and others I ve got a Seagate GB Barracuda internal HDD and I ve ran some SeaTools scans and they seem fine I ve also swapped out the SATA cable connecting it to my motherboard The trouble is it is one of those really irritating problems that you can t specify as being one thing because so many things are irritating me I ve Constant Corruption - Hardware fault? got no problems with speeds or anything it has no problem running programs that work just they will crash regularly My hardware is Host Name JOE-PC OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate OS Version N A Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation OS Configuration Standalone Workstation OS Build Type Multiprocessor Free Registered Owner Joe Registered Organization Product ID -OEM- - Original Install Date System Boot Time System Manufacturer Winfast System Model AWRDACPI System Type X -based PC Processor s Processor s Installed x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Phoenix Technologies LTD W P Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume System Locale en-gb English United Kingdom Input Locale en-gb English United Kingdom Time Zone UTC Dublin Edinburgh Lisbon London Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Virtual Memory Max Size MB Virtual Memory Available MB Virtual Memory In Use MB Page File Location s C pagefile sys Domain WORKGROUP Logon Server JOE-PC Hotfix s Hotfix s Installed KB KB KB KB KB KB Network Card s NIC s Installed Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Connection Name Local Area Connection DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server IP address es fe a b ab d cd My motherboard http www foxconnchannel com Product Motherboards detail overview aspx id en-us I m running Windows Ultimate bit at the moment I did recently install a GB stick of RAM but with several tools I can confirm that it is exactly the same as the other stick and it is properly inserted and functioning Do i need to update some drivers or something I am honestly clueless nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I don't even understand this So my computer has been running slow lately I thought I'd system restore it to help it I attempted to and after waiting several minutes Restore USB after ports System failed Dead for my computer to start back up I get a message a system restore error that it was unable to system restore and that my files were unchanged I remembered now that it happened before when I tried to restore I was planning on googling why that was when I noticed that all my freaking USB ports were dead This makes absolutely no sense to me how they'd randomly die after a failed system restore Anyway Dead USB ports after failed System Restore I freak out for a really long time and then decide to undo the failed restore - hoping it would help - and thank the Lord it did But why Why did my ports die from a failed system restore Was it just an error a virus a what I've ran several scans already and come up with nothing but recently I was redirected from a Facebook page how that was even possible I don't know Credit to hackers though Since then I've been worried about virus infections etc Could these events be related Anyway spoon is Why did my usb ports die after failed system restore Should I trust my virus scans telling me no threat is found I use Avast and Malwarebytes Why the failed system restore Thanks a lot

A:Dead USB ports after failed System Restore

Hi IsThisTheHIV and welcome to TSF.

There are a few things that can cause a System Restore to fail, so will try to fix that now. As for the USB port failing to work, that could be that the drivers for them were knocked out during the process and needed re-installing.

First, make sure that Volume Shadow Copy has started in Services and is set to automatic.

Windows Key+R and type services.msc and hit OK. Then scroll down to Volume Shadow Copy (double click on it to open the properties dialogue box) and make sure the service has 'started' and is set to 'Automatic'.

Next we need to create a restore point. This is because doing a System Restore in Safe Mode doesn't create an undo, hence we will create one now.

Start>and type System Restore into the search box, and you will see it appear in the list above. Click on it and follow the wizard. Call the restore point 'Troubleshooting SR' or something you will remember.

Now, boot into Safe Mode (Tap F8 whilst booting, and choose Safe Mode) and try to do a System Restore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dead-usb-ports-after-failed-system-restore-573216.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am a some what a novice around computers but Illl try to give you the best info i cant if you need more just ask I have a dell dimension E ram Windows XP media center edition My computer over BSOD, more... dead, ports redirect, and Google USB the past few days has been reduced to a very slow internet surfing slug I cant sync my ipod BSOD, Google redirect, USB ports dead, and more... cant use my printer and cant upload pictures and videos of my camera and cant save anything to flash drives It also has a BSOD, Google redirect, USB ports dead, and more... Google redirect Virus only on internet explore and Firefox Im using safari with no problems other then its slow A freecorder toolbar was installed on those two browsers BSOD, Google redirect, USB ports dead, and more... it has since been deleted but i still have problems When i plug in a ipod it just shows quot safely remove usb mass storage device quot my printer dose not respond when i try to print I have had several BSOD's All saying the driver that crashed was quot DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot I run windows defender Microsoft Auto updates Trend micro pc-illion security and use malwarebytes anti malware for scaning also After scanning in safe mode each come up with a few virus and i delete them Heres the Hijackthis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMAS OE TMAS OEMon exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Icecast Win icecastService exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Safari Safari exeC Program Files iTunes iTunes exe globalroot C WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files mIRC mirc exeC Documents and Settings Ben Gorecki Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www runescape com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - HKLM Run IntelMeM C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot c Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startupO - HKLM Run pccguide exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe quot O - HKLM Run DLCCCATS ... Read more

A:BSOD, Google redirect, USB ports dead, and more...

Hello! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. In order to see what's going on with your computer I will ask for you to post various logs from the tools that we will use to resolve your issue. Please also share with me any information about how your computer is reacting and behaving each step of the way as we work through this process.We need to create an OTListIt2 ReportPlease download OTListIt2 from hereSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the "Run Scan" button.The scan should take just a few minutes.Copy the log that opens up and paste it back here in your next reply.=============The next log will show us any hidden files that are present.Download GMER from here:Unzip it to the desktop.Open the program and click on the Rootkit tab.Make sure all the boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for ?Show All?.Click on Scan.When the scan has run click Copy and paste the results (if any) into this thread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226194/bsod-google-redirect-usb-ports-dead-and-more/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have no idea why this happened, after the update none of the ports on my computer work after booting into windows. bios was updated before this and all was fine. checked in bios if ports were enabled. still no joy. help!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-usb-and-ps-2-ports-dead-after-msi-motherboard-driver-update.200108/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi about two weeks ago both of the usb ports on the front of my Dell Dimension 4700 went dead after trying to use a multi-port hub with them. Now nothing will read on either of them. I have checked in my device manager but nothing shows with an error and I do not know how to differenciate how they are listed compared to the ones on the back. Does anyone have any suggestions?

A:Dead usb ports on from of my Dell Dimension 4700

Failure after connecting a device, is typically not a driver issue.

You can try reinstalling the motherboard/system or USB drivers (they aren't often seperate). The drivers are available on the Dell website.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dead-usb-ports-on-from-of-my-dell-dimension-4700.1123724/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi folks My brother s computer recently bit the dust while he was at work much to my chagrin he leaves it hardware fault of BSODs assumed...? Variety - running almost continuously for no particularly reason Variety of BSODs - hardware fault assumed...? and in trying to fix it I ve uncovered various BSODs which come and go but invariably full XP refuses to load It dies either whilst loading or when you attempt to log in Safe mode boots but only after I already tinkered with a few things The spec is as follows Athlon FX GB RAM Leadtek GT GB Maxtor Asus A V Initially the computer wouldn t boot to XP at all but having disabled all but two of the USB ports underclocked the CPU multiplier to x and unplugged the DVD drive a CD writer remains safe mode now seems largely stable I was able to run a disk defrag but when networking is enabled it BSODs I ve run memtest and it comes up negative for errors I it continuously overnight and apparently no problems Some of the BSODs are NDIS sys nv mini sys USBPORT sys Haven t seen USBPORT sys since disabling most of the usbs and NDIS seems to be the most common cause combined with the added instability of network safe mode could the onboard LAN be at fault Otherwise I m suspicious it might be a PSU problem as this would explain the variety of errors and apparently unfaulty RAM Looking in the BIOS setup the VCORE seems to be fluctuating a little but having never checked before I don t know if this is normal The readings are as follows VCORE V -- gt V V -- gt V V -- gt Any suggestions as to how I might further test anything would be much appreciated Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi

Was getting the following error: "Hardware ID Missing, Windows cannot identify the device plugged into the ATA Controller 0"

To date I have carried out the following actions with no success:

1. Removed DVD and re-connected
2. Deleted ATA Controller 0 in Manage Device Manager and rebooted
3. Installed the latest driver and rebooted
4. Removed all motherboard connections and re-connected
5. Purchased replacement DVD drive and replaced

The DVD opens/closes correctly. When I boot into BIOS the DVD is present but listed as this in the Boot Menu:

CD/DVD \S[TKozp)CLD^D_ \S-L>3:H(-(PM)

God only knows what that means, but could be a good clue!!!

If anyone could please help it would be appreciated, many thanks in advance..

Rik

System:

Toshiba Satellite P200D-128
Vista 32 Bit
2GB RAM
Processor AMD Turion 64x2

A:Hardware ID Missing fault with DVD drive, even when replaced DVD.

Try the following two Fix It tools.

Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media
Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/212297-hardware-id-missing-fault-dvd-drive-even-when-replaced-dvd.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently tried to install Call of Duty Ghosts. My system has

Nvidia 540M 1gb video
8gb DDR3
corei3 2.21ghz

and I can't get the game to work it says that my intel HD Graphics isn't good enough. It won't see the Nvidia card only the HD. How do I get the game to recognize the right card and or how can I turn off the specs blocker so I can play the game? thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-timeline-383tg-and-call-of-duty-ghosts.1115973/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a system that has This chasing Solved: needed Log after-virus-removal ghosts-HiJack Help been over run with trojan Pandex Vundo Downloader WinFixer Infostealer Solved: Help needed chasing after-virus-removal ghosts-HiJack This Log Banker C etc Norton seems Solved: Help needed chasing after-virus-removal ghosts-HiJack This Log to have cleaned everything up but I am still having issues It won t allow me to run Task Manager unless I am in Safe Mode This is a XP Home machine so I have already checked the disabletaskmgr in the registry to no avail Also still getting pages redirecting to adware removel tool advertisements whenever launching IE Please see the below hijackthis log and startuplist Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe C PROGRA WALGRE WALGRE data Xtras mssysmgr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navw exe C Documents and Settings SUZANNE Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http myembarq com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system ntos exe O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - HKLM Run ccApp C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe O - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A AlertEng dll quot O - HKLM Run SearchIndexer rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system mwwncdwy dll quot sitypnow O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run googletalk quot C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe quot autostart O - HKCU Run Walgreens PhotoShow Media Manager C PROGRA WALGRE WALGRE data Xtras mssysmgr exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS system Shdocvw dll O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF C EB-A D - B F-BD E- E C D Toontown Installer ActiveX Control - http a download toontown com sv ttinst cab O - DPF D BF - A- -A F - ... Read more

A:Solved: Help needed chasing after-virus-removal ghosts-HiJack This Log

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-needed-chasing-after-virus-removal-ghosts-hijack-this-log.633908/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a relatively new - isk I plugged in a micro-usb cable last week and instantly an error in Windows popped up and said that it had a USB power surge I disconected the cable and reset it I DID check the cable and found that near the connector two internal wires had frayed from wear and were shorted nbsp Now everytime I turn on my Yoga and at other random times I keep getting the USB power surge error even when nothing is plugged in and neither the USB or the USB port on the right side work when I plug a device in BUT they do provide power Also the controllers surg... USB USB 700-11isk Yoga power ports dead after and hub are in device manager with no error codes or anything The USB port Charging port does still work when I plug in a device nbsp nbsp I have done all the recommendations including turning it off popping open the case and disconnecting the battery and holding down the power and I did a full BIOS reset I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the devices in Windows nbsp I have Yoga 700-11isk USB ports dead after USB power surg... never ran into this before I could do a Windows reset reinstall but i JUST did that a few weeks ago and am in the middle of a project so really dont want to I am just trying to figure out if the ports are just locked in windows for safety or if they are now dead nbsp I have disabled all the other devices I can find and nothing has stopped it Can I possibly trae down which port is causing it specifically I don't see ANY identifier info in the error and once I click reset I can't find any history of the error nbsp Also I HAVE noticed that since this happened my yoga seems to ge a LOT hotter when I am charging it and battery seems to go quicker though it could be something else or just my imagination Nothing else is giving me issues except my headphone jack but I checked that and a solder point IS broken so just using bluetooth headphones from now on Which internal devices also use USB nbsp nbsp Here are a few screenshots of Device Manager and the USB hub controller power info Hic Svnt Dracones devmanager png KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-700-11isk-USB-ports-dead-after-USB-power-surge-error/td-p/3445068
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,
I lost access to my USB powered devices primarily my Keyboard and Mouse which has rendered my Dell PC unusable.
I get the Keyboard Failure message displayed on top of the screen right after the Dell logo gets displayed. I never get the option to hit the F2 Setup key because the sustem cannot detect a keyboard and mouse.
I will need to find out if there are any chances of recovery outside of replacing the motherboard on the system.
Thanks,
LaFay

A:All the USB ports dead after lightening on Inspirion 660 - Cannot use Keyboard or Mouse

LaFay
Have you tried using a different KB and mouse, if does not fix the issue, then it would seem that the motherboard has issues and requires replacing.
Bev.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19986021
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok so I m running an AMD athalon in an Asus A N X-X motherboard A little while ago my PS ports went bad which wasn t much of a problem PIcked up a USB keyboard Mouse and enjoyed myself for quite a while Then I had to change boot order in the or Ports...argh... so ISA drive Can't PS/2 Floppy bus get dead, no BIOS. is into BIOS Can't get into BIOS. ISA bus is dead, so no Floppy drive or PS/2 Ports...argh... and I realised that I couldn t hit DEL to enter setup I flashed the BIOS in hopes that it would somehow automagically enable USB boot support probably stupid When I restarted the computer I got an error that says quot No secondary ide cable inserted disk drive failure quot lt or whatever it says when there s no disk drive gt I then realised that with no way to hit F to skip disk checking and no way to get into the bios to enable USB keyboard support I was Can't get into BIOS. ISA bus is dead, so no Floppy drive or PS/2 Ports...argh... royaly F cked So the computer sits there waiting for me to hit the F key I guess I have to order a new mobo just to tell it never to use PS or floppy drives again nbsp

A:Can't get into BIOS. ISA bus is dead, so no Floppy drive or PS/2 Ports...argh...

You can order a new BIOS chip from Asus for $20. If your board is still under warranty you can get the chip for free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-into-bios-isa-bus-is-dead-so-no-floppy-drive-or-ps-2-ports-argh.32280/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I have recently built my own PC but when im using it It constantly freezes for about - seconds then it works again but it Fault) for (Hardware short Computer time a Freezing keeps doing it and the Hard Drive light stays on during the Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault) freeze and when it starts flashing the computer starts Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault) working again Some people say I go too fast but I only run one program at a time Also it is a gaming computer so it should be able to cope can anyone tell me what is causing this to freeze Also It takes ages for something to install on the computer My system specs are P K Premium Motherbaord BFG GTX Graphics Card GB Reaper GB DDR RAM TB Spinpoint F Hard Drive W Coolermaster Power Supply Pioneer Blu-Ray Reader Drive Q GHz Porcessor Vista Ultimate -bit One of these is slowing my computer down badly but I dont know which one I have a feeling it could be the Hard Drive because of the Slow Installations and freezes and also the light being on when it does but im not sure nbsp

A:Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault)

Identical problem here.. hard drive light goes solid and pc just stops for 1 min, still able to move the mouse cursor but cannot slect anything or alt-tab etc. Any alt tab or double clicking is cached up and then all fired off at once when the minute freeze is up.

I'm pretty certain now it's down to my Asus P5K-E motherboard (which is what I assume the original poster has)

I'm looking towards M/Board now as I have swapped drives and changed CPU from Q6600 to Q8200 also switched from Vista 32bit to Win7 64bit and still get the issue.

I alleviated it for a while by switching my SATA 300 drive down to 150 mode by setting the jumpers.

Have flashed the P5K to the latest bios with no joy.

Full specs are..
Q8200 Quad
Asus P5K-E Wifi Premium
500GB Samsung SATA300
4GB Ram
lightscribe 20x DVDRW
Sony Bluray Drive (installed after problem had already appeared)
2 x ATI HD3870's in crossfire config.
Windows 7 64bit / WinXP dual boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-for-a-short-time-hardware-fault.127246/
Relevancy 53.32%

i'm having trouble with a Dell Inspiron 600m laptop. when i try to start it, i get a blue screen with the error "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", etc.

i can't get it to boot fully to a desktop screen in normal mode or in safe mode. so i dont have a HJT log or any other log. is it possible this is a malware/trojan issue or is it a RAM problem?

i am able to get to the windows log-in box but then it briefly (1 or 2 seconds) shows the desktop and i get the error message above.

thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-or-hardware-problem-page-fault-nonpaged.790558/
Relevancy 53.32%

I ve been really suffering and cursing my laptop When I attach an external monitor under + fault this atikmdag I covered - am software or is hardware? warranty? it will work fine - for a while And then it will just crash If I don t yank out the external monitor cable in time - I see the dreaded bluescreen of atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty? death Today the same thing happened - but I noticed in the bubble from system tray mention atikmdag I googled and it atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty? seems I am not alone - atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty? there are millions and billions of people suffering from the same problem The thing is tooo much information I couldn t figure out head or tail of what exactly the cause and solution was Many links say that it could be based on a zillion different thing and to each of these there are different solutions Firstly is it hardware or software Secondly can I make a claim against my warranty I have a Dell laptop and am years into a year warranty - so I m still covered I would add I have updated the latest graphics driver from Dell - doesn t solve problem And also I thought I d mention I rebuild my laptop every days and make sure all Windows and Virus updates are in place - so it ALWAYS is a fresh new laptop - just mentioning this to dismiss the fact that it could be a Windows problem Any replies would be great Thanks OM nbsp

A:atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty?

The ATI driver that is being blamed in the error pop up is for your graphics card but it could mean that your card is failing.

When you say "I rebuild my laptop every 30 days" what exactly do you do and what software are you using.

Windows and all Anti Virus software can be set to automatically update so you should not need to check either of them.

Follow this to post a few of the latest minidumps from the BSOD's so they can be analysed.

First locate your minidump files, they are usually found by clicking on your C: drive, in windows explorer, then click on Windows to view the contents. If your operating system is installed under a different drive letter then look there. They should be stored under a file called minidump.The files will have a .dmp extension.
Zip up at least 6 of the most recent files into one zip folder and save on your desktop (if there are less then just zip up what you have).
Below the reply box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button, Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.
Click on the Browse button, find the zip folder you made earlier and doubleclick on it.
Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.
Enter your message-text, then click on Submit Message.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/atikmdag-fault-is-this-software-or-hardware-am-i-covered-under-warranty.1007508/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, and thank you for taking your time to help me

So each night I take my computer along with monitors etc. out of the power plug in the wall.
When I but the power plug back in to start the computer up, my keyboard instantly powers on, the same goes with my two monitors.
When I then turn on the computer nothing really happens. All of the fans and lights turn on (The MoBo fan spins insanely), but nothing comes on the monitor screen. The monitors keeps searching for a unit but won't find the computer.

Sometimes after waiting a few minutes the screen suddenly shows the startup of windows and I can use it normally.

I think it's an hardware related problem but I'm not entirely sure.
I use windows 10.

Hope you can help me
Johan, Denmark

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-boot-problems-suspect-hardware-fault.1169961/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there I've installed Windows Ultimate bit on a HP Pavilion Laptop model dv eu by backing up my work and formatting the HDD The issue I am having is that I cannot seem to get the Nvidia Graphics driver to work I downloaded the most recent driver for the Nvidia Geforce Go from Nvidia site and I get the blue screen so I have now uninstalled the driver and gone back to standard VGA I have also searched this forum and I came across the following thread which assisted Geforce fault? Hardware 7600 re Software Go or Nvidia me in the past with a Sony Vaio laptop NVIDIA Driver - Convert from Desktop to Mobile Laptop I followed the instructions outlined but I still get a blue screen on this HP laptop I also get red green vertical lines on the boot Hardware or Software fault? re Nvidia Geforce Go 7600 screen but it goes away when the quot Starting quot graphic appears with the windows logo I can still log into windows using the Standard VGA driver which windows installs but I would like to get the Nvidia driver to work I think there is a physical problem with the Graphics card but then why am I able to login to Windows Can anyone advise please Thanks in advance

A:Hardware or Software fault? re Nvidia Geforce Go 7600

I have a dv9720us and it has the Geforce 7150M/nforce 630M graphics using version 179.67 for windows Vista 64 bit drivers, because the Windows 7 64 bit are beta.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/151735-hardware-software-fault-re-nvidia-geforce-go-7600-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

This crash started out of the blue for no apparent reason I generally find that leaving one side of my case open helps to keep my PC freezes/crashes) WHEA-Logger Hardware fault (W7 cooler than when the case is WHEA-Logger (W7 freezes/crashes) Hardware fault closed and sealed I have the case closed atm I did have a noisy PSU which was slightly respositioned but other than this I am sure nothing else could be the cause The only thing I did with the PSU was to adjust the casing screws so it no longer vibrated And I do have my doubts about the PSU being at fault here This error crash has only showed up months later after adjusting the PSU If the problem consists and no one here is able to help resolve this then I will go back to Vista Ultimate and see if the problems showup there Also FYI this PC has never had nor ever will be overclocked Copied from Event Viewer Script -- php buffer start -- code span style color span style color BB Log nbsp Name span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB System br Source span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Microsoft span span style color - span span style color BB Windows span span style color - span span style color BB WHEA span span style color - span span style color BB Logger br Date span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB nbsp span span style color span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB br Event nbsp ID span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB br Task nbsp Category span span style color nbsp span span style color BB None br Level span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Error br Keywords span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp br span span style color BB User span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB LOCAL nbsp SERVICE br Computer span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - span span style color BB office span span style color - span span style color BB PC br Description span span style color br span span style color BB A nbsp fatal nbsp hardware nbsp error nbsp has nbsp occurred span span style color br span span style color BB Reported nbsp by nbsp component span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Processor nbsp Core br Error nbsp Source span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Machine nbsp Check nbsp Exception br Error nbsp Type span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Internal nbsp Timer nbsp Error br Processor nbsp ID span span style color nbsp span span style color BB br The nbsp details nbsp view nbsp of nbsp this nbsp entry nbsp contains nbsp further nbsp information span span style color br span span style color BB Event nbsp Xml span span style color br lt span span style color BB Event nbsp xmlns span span style color span span style color DD http schemas microsoft com win events event span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB System span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Provider nbsp Name span span style color span span style color DD Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger nbsp span span style color BB Guid span span style color span span style color DD C C F C- F - E - F A- CFED nbsp span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB EventID span span style color gt span span style color BB span span style color lt span span style color BB EventID span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Version span span style color gt span span style color BB span span style color lt span span style color BB Version span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Level span span style color gt sp... Read more

A:WHEA-Logger (W7 freezes/crashes) Hardware fault

Please read this article: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-what-try.html

In particular, test your RAM, Video card, and make sure your temps are okay using Speedfan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/85976-whea-logger-w7-freezes-crashes-hardware-fault.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey this is my first time posting here but I'm familiar with BSOD's fault. hardware during Windows bootup, suspecting forums and such Well I might as well describe my problem I have a HP Pavilion dv ca laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium CPU AMD Turion X GHz Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go M RAM Gb DDR Well Windows BSOD's during bootup, suspecting hardware fault. this all started out a few weeks ago I was busy doing my normal stuff browsing the web talking to my friends on Skype and listening to music in iTunes when I get a notification for an update to bring iTunes up to I did the update and the process went smoothly But then things started to go horribly wrong for me During the reboot sequence Vista blue screened and went into autorestart Unfortunately I was unable to make out what the message said During POST everything was fine but when Vista tried to boot up I chose start Windows Normally when it gave me the option to it blue screened yet again during this bootup and restarted So in a rut I quickly hit f and managed to get into boot options Naturally I tried to get into safe mode BUT that's when things started to get weird It tried to boot but I got absolutely no GUI at all Explorer exe somehow didn't load up properly or anything My mouse was working as the pointer was up and I could move it around and everything but behind it was just a black screen Nothing else at all Frustrated I hard rebooted and did a system restore BUT during the restore I chose a restore point that was set the day before it gave me a message saying that the restore point could not be used please use another one That was an odd one So I fiddled around with the different restore points until I found a good one that was set before the iTunes install But then this is when things got really weird Windows finally managed to boot properly and I could get into my desktop But then I noticed that the internet wasn't connecting I tried to connect manually but Windows kept saying that the dependency group service could not be started This was getting a little odd So I tried to start it manually by going into My Computer BUT when I tried to do that Windows told me that it couldn't start it up at all and then afterwards I got BSOD' yet again Frustrated and going through a horrible anxiety attack my schoolwork and personal files are on this laptop here and I'm not one for backing up on a regular basis I tried doing another system restore THIS time it seemed to have worked out ok cause now the services had managed to get working again I'm typing this up right now on said laptop because everything's stable at the moment However I'm suspecting that Windows won't boot up right if I do a restart and go through the whole cycle yet again leaving me in an anxious mess Since I have no idea where the BSOD report dump is I checked the reliability monitor and it gave me this http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part So finally my question is what just happened How did iTunes do this DID iTunes do this Is my computer still properly stable Is a Vista reinstall in my future I need some help making sense out of my situation I appreciate you guys taking the time to read this

A:Windows BSOD's during bootup, suspecting hardware fault.

UPDATE: A friend of mine that's CompTIA A+ Certified took a look at the computer finally and ran some memtests; turns out that there was a bad stick of RAM that was doing this. I'm grabbing another 1 gig stick during the weekend, so that'll be fine now.

This topic can now be closed. :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-bsods-during-bootup-suspecting-hardware-fault-309627.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi The problem is a mix of BSOD s and freezes I only noticed the error message on the BSOD a couple of times which was quot page fault in non-paged area quot with a reference to the file win k sys It then started a memory dump and rebooted on completion Attached is the minidump file and and in fault with install Page hardware new BSOD area non-paged a txt document with the error codes The machine is new I built it last September - specs below with Page fault in non-paged area BSOD with new install and hardware Vista -bit SP It had been running absolutely fine since a week ago when I swapped my old Seagate hard drive out and put in the current drives and installed them in RAID Initially I thought that it was the RAID config or drivers and have since done several Page fault in non-paged area BSOD with new install and hardware reinstalls However same probs kept occurring I was Page fault in non-paged area BSOD with new install and hardware also worried that my system might be underpowered and that the nd hd was just slightly too much I ve consequently also reinstalled everything on one of the hard drives and disconnected the other as it is now but still the same problems I can t help feeling that it s hardware-related and am on the verge of buying a higher-powered PSU I ve run Memtest a couple of times to coverage no errors Have Kaspersky Internet Security installed fully updated and nothing detected just now after a full scan Hope you can help Am desperately trying to do my work on this machine Thanks Specs Asus P Q motherboard Intel C D E stock Geil Black Dragon GB MHz dual channel Powercolor HD PCS Mb x GB Seagate currently x DVDRW Corsair VX W several fans EDIT Another crash just now but this time the screen went haywire with lots of colours and lines - no BSOD or anything else Wasn t doing anything stressful just IE Could the video card be damaged Had the processor running lightly overclocked before Christmas and tried it with Crysis - could this have pushed the PSU to beyond limits nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

ive been experiencing need identifying part fault; help the random hardware BSODs, suspected random BSODs since some - weeks first just a few came random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part up then suddenly stopped for more than a random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part week and then started again i have done lots of HDD RAM amp video memory checks and neither indicated any damage to these parts but since the BSODs are all memory-related i random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part suspect it to be the CPU memory controller or something between the CPU and the RAM or maybe the chipset or the connection between the RAM slots and the motherboard one symptom that is very special is that occasionally usually right after a crash one of my RAM modules doesnt get detected anymore of course i tried reseating them both using just one in each slot and using totally different RAM modules just to exclude the chance that the RAM modules or one of the two slots became defective regarding the BSODs the majority is error B with atikmdag sys however after having completely removed all AMD software and drivers and registry keys and installed a previous version of CCC and the GPU driver which used to work perfectly before having installed the most recent one beta and before the BSODs started to occur the BSODs reoccured so it definitely is not related to the GPU drivers but they just seem to be the first to suffer from the errors my suspicion regarding the CPU memory controller or something on the motherboard is strenghtened by the fact that this notebook has always had major heat issues due to its internal design just one fan and suboptimal placement of the hottest parts inside so i fear the heat might have caused damage mostly around - C sometimes when stressed very much like during gaming the CPU throttles when reaching C and the GPU when reaching C ive been cleaning the inside of the notebook regularily each - weeks since ive gotten it years ago and already repasted the CPU amp GPU times about months in between last time was end of may which may suggest that something went wrong last time i did the repasting job usually after repasting the temps went down noticeably and only after some - months i needed to blow the inside and maybe clean it a bit for the first time the specs are following windows ultimate bit sp custom freshly installed right after purchase so no OEM OS and no upgrade HP Envy D ea notebook i qm ATI mobility radeon gb kingston hyperx ram x gb seagate momentus xt gb HD i know there is almost certainly no hope for this notebook anymore but since there is no real alternative i would be willing to buy at the moment i would like to keep it alive for some additional months if anyhow possible then id go for a HP zbook mobile wirkstation so maybe if we can narrow the issue down to a single part i might be able to buy this exact part and replace it if eg a new CPU would do it just to prolong the notebook for these months this would be great btw the notebook is not completely dead now i am writing this thread from it and i can mostly avoid any BSODs by just not stressing it too much by browsing too many windows tabs etc surprisingly when gaming it only crashed once so i think the stress and heat that gaming produces is not the right one to produce the errors but having several browser windows open and eg a youtube video this almost certainly crashes after a while i am uploading the jcgriff folder perfmon report and additionally most of the minidumps ive saved from the last weeks so you can see that it is not restricted to a specific driver there you can also see the dates of the minidumps and how there was a gap with no errors for more than a week note i have no full memory dumps because of limited space on my primary partition why i neither have system managed page file on my c partition if really needed i can turn it on temporarily so a full memory... Read more

A:random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part

although i am quite sure this is a hardware issue, not a software/driver one, ive been running the driver verifier for some time now, and got some BSODs, so i am uploading them here now as well.

though as already said, i doubt this will help further, since the BSODs i get do not always recognize a driver, sometimes its just memory fault with no service identified, or in rare cases the system just turns off without a blue screen.

note: ive had the driver verifier select all installed drivers automatically, and not just non-microsoft ones, since quite often system kernel files such as win2k.sys are the ones mentioned in the BSOD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-bsods-suspected-hardware-fault-need-help-identifying-the-part-859185.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Dell Optiplex GX520, and it now only recognizes my External Hard Drive and other peripherals (mouse and keyboard, etc.) but will not detect any new hardware (such as my Flash Drive).

Would this be a driver issue, or something else?

A:USB ports not discovering new hardware

Plug in your external hard drive, go to Computer Management, Disk management and assign it drive letter like J:.

Then see if the other device gets seen after reboot.

BE VERY CAREFUL AND DO NOT CHANGE C: BY MISTAKE!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-ports-not-discovering-new-hardware.119363/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there Recently I have encountered a very very annoying problem and since I didn't really know where to get help for it I'm posting on this forum Here is my setup Razer BlackWidow Ultimate and a Logitech mouse Here is the description of my problem I am on my computer and suddenly the lights of my keyboard are turning on and off with a random idling time between the falshes as the ligh flashes I cannot use my keyboard My mouse isn't responsing either Here is what ports USB hardware my affecting !? I tried I tried to switch the usb ports I was using but to my confusion it only made things worse I don't really know why this is but switching from USB ports affecting my hardware !? several ports at the back of my tower didn't suit windows and I couldn't even enter my password with the keyboard in the windows log in screen I had to use the numeric one and then open the razer program for it to work So that get's me really confused to what USB ports I should use I tried getting windows to search new drivers for me but it didn't fix the problem Thank you for taking the time to read my post USB ports affecting my hardware !?

A:USB ports affecting my hardware !?

And here is (a) way to properly fill in your system specs

System Info - See Your System Specs

This tell us nothing.

Quote:
Computer type PC/Desktop
System Manufacturer/Model Number custom build
OS Windows 7 x64
CPU a
Motherboard a
Memory a
Graphics Card a

Hard Drives a
Antivirus a
Browser Chrome

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351711-usb-ports-affecting-my-hardware.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all,
I'm looking for suggetions...

My hardware is:
ASUS p4c800-e deluxe mobo
Antec Smartpower 2.0 500W
Kingston Economy Ram DDR400
P4E HT 3.0GHz w/ Vortex TX CPU Cooler
CM Stacker Case
ATI Radeon x800xl (AGP 8x Pro)

I have no overclocking and all frequency/power settings to either default or required for hardware.

My problem is infuriating... My computer after power on will graphically lockup at the bios flash screen, however i can hear windows booting up. Through some fancy magic i was able to remote desktop into the machine so I know it's functioning. I put in a PCI card and was able to see the computer boot into windows and everything seems A-OK...

I want to say my graphics card is dead, but if that's the case would I even see the bios splash screen?

Any suggetions would be awesome, thx in advance.

A:My Hardware Nightmare - Dead AGP?

Have you tried removing your graphics card driver in safe mode then reinstalling it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hardware-nightmare-dead-agp.58966/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Everyone My PC just crashed a week to which dead blame??? hardware Almost PC ago after having some problems I ve been running it for almost a year First problem start appearing weeks ago I d greatly appreciate if anyone can provide any clue of what happened Symptoms leading to crash are arranged chronologically My XP was running well for almost a year first problem was the mouse started to move really slow almost stalling for no reason Few days later PC started Almost dead PC which hardware to blame??? to reboot automatically when doing first boot and after a few boots I was lucky enough to get into XP My downloaded files start to get corrupted and I couldn t install software as installation Almost dead PC which hardware to blame??? process aborts with strange warnings saying missing file or corrupt files At this point I thought it was a HDD issue It s years old Then the BSoD start to appear I did a fresh installing of XP with formatting and error checking the HDD and it went well I detached Soundcard Wi-Fi card other HDDs from PC just to make sure I have the minimum hardware to start After a few hours of use again Almost dead PC which hardware to blame??? the BSoD start to reappear and this time XP wouldn t boot at all Then I updated the old BIOS BIOS update was successful and tried to install XP again it ended up in blue screen again After that the monitor went off showing No Signal The fan in mobo AGP CPU and PSU are still working all the lights are still working just nothing on the monitor I tested the monitor with my notebook it is OK Specs of my system Mobo GIGABYTE GA-MA -DS AM AM AMD ATX CPU AMD Athlon X Brisbane GHz Socket AM W Dual-Core black edition RAM G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Video Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express PSU RAIDMAX HYBRID RX- SS W ATX V V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply Thanks In Advance nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I have bought a new hardware recently Asus M A LT-M hardware and Area Nonpaged system Fault unstabilitity BSOD change. after In Page LE AMD II X and Geil GB DDR Value - - I assembled everything togheter with hardware left from BSOD and system unstabilitity after hardware change. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area my old PC which gave me this CPU AMD II X Mainboard Asus M A LT-M LE Memory Geil GB DDR Value - - Hard Drive BSOD and system unstabilitity after hardware change. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area GB Westgate Video Geforce GT Power Supply Chieftec smart W I formatted whole HDD and installed fresh copy of Windows XP service pack After few hours my windows started crashing BSOD PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA STOP x nv disp dll dumps of the BSOD in the attachment when I tried to play Crysis or Race Driver Grid I checked other games and windows crash in all of them Modern Warfare Need For Speed Shift Left Dead with same BSOD I tried reinstalling GPU drivers but that didn t helped I also tried installing old ones no success I have noticed that almost all of my applications suddenly crash Mozilla Chrome Office after few minutes of use Furthermore the files I download from the internet or copied from the usb sticks to HDD gets corrupted by CRC errors very often I reinstalled system two times but that didn t solved crashing and BSODS After that I had all my hardware component tested and I also have found nothing CPU Tested with orthos I ran two instances to test first two cores and the third one One hour test with no errors - C when IDLE - C when in stress RAM I tested my stick with Memtest passes and hour of testing which gave me no errors I tried testing them with this Memtest from hcidesign com it gave me few errors but I find Memtest to be more reliable Maybe I m wrong HDD Tested with HD tune CHKDSK and HDD Scan no errors C - C GPU Couldn t test because system crash when I try to run any graphic advanced application or game but it was fine before I changed my hardware C in IDLE and up to C in stress Here s my question what should I do I m getting out of ideas At start I thought that all errors are caused by bad stick of RAM but Memtest didn t showed any errors which made me confused Thanks for the help I ll provide you with all information you ll need just tell me Any kind of advice will be appreciated nbsp

A:BSOD and system unstabilitity after hardware change. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area

0x50AGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

nv4.disp.dll is a Nvidia display driver. Try the following:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-and-system-unstabilitity-after-hardware-change-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.152973/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am running windows xp with service pack 2 and I just ran into a problem with
the usb port on my computer (all 6 of them) will NOT acknowledge any hardware
that is plugged into them

Anyone know why this happened and how to fix it.

Thank you
Ed Fulke

A:usb ports(windows) will not acknowledge hardware?

Do you have a Universal Serial Bus Controllers section in Device Manager? To get to Device Manager go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager. USB should be at the bottom of the list. If its not then the USB ports may be disabled in the BIOS setup of teh motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ports-windows-will-not-acknowledge-hardware.443181/
Relevancy 51.17%

When being in BIOS I did a hardware reset (the small hole besides the on-off switch) and the computer stopped running.Now I no longer can start the 600 E.With the AC power adapter connected, the rectangular led besides the IBM logo is green. When operating the power switch it starts to flicker yellow a few times and then returns to continuous green. Nothing more happens, no noise from hard disk or ventilator. Also switching-on with F1 pressed gives no result.Thinkpad 600 E is like dead.What are the causes and what can I do ?Thanks for any help.Hans

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/600-E-like-dead-after-a-hardware-reset-from-bios/td-p/165661