Windows Support Forum

Hooking up Older computer to High Speed Internet

Q: Hooking up Older computer to High Speed Internet

I have two computers One is directly attached to my internet with an ethernet connection I purchased a wireless card for my older computer and have had nothing but problems with the connection There is a connection in the back for dial up as well to High up Older computer Speed Internet Hooking as an unused USB port The wireless card sends to Hooking up Older computer to High Speed Internet a Netgear Wireless modem but continues to lose contact even though the computer is only feet from the modem I WOULD LIKE TO HARD WIRE THE MODEM TO THE COMPUTER BUT HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO THIS The Netgear has a series of ethernet outputs but nothing else and my older computer has no ethernet port My older computer setup is as follows Thanks for any help John Dimension Series Intel Pentium Processor GHz w HT Technology and MB cache Qty - Dimension Series Intel Pentium Processor GHz w HT Technology and MB cache - GB DDR SDRAM at MHz - Dell Quiet Key Keyboard - in in viewable E FPBFlat Panel Display - MB PCI Express x DVI VGA TV-out ATI Radeon X SE - GB NCQ Serial ATA Hard Drive RPM - No Floppy Drive Requested - Dimension Dell Support - Image Restore - Dell Media Experience Basic - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack English - Windows Media Player - H and R Block Tax Software - Dell Owners Manual installed on your system click on icon after system set-up to access - Dell -button Scroll Mouse - Intel Pro Integrated PCI NIC Card - K PCI Data Fax Modem - Adobe Acrobat Reader - X DVD-ROM and X DVD -RW - PowerDVD Software Decoding forDVD Drives - Sound Blaster Live -bit ADVANCED HD Audio dB Dolby Digital KHz - Factory Installed Audio - Dell A Speaker System - NO SECURITY SUBSCRIPTION MCAFEE - Music Match Basic day OnDemand - Paint Shop Photo Album Standard - EARTHLINK TA ISP - Dell My Way Home Page - NETZERO ISP - Broadband Icon for Inspiron - Microsoft Worksuite Including Money With CD and Documentation English Factory Install - Type - Third Party At Home Service x Technical Support Year Extended - Year Limited Warranty - Type - Third Party At Home Service x Technical Support Initial Year - Soft Contracts - Banctec - Technical Support Initial Year - Technical Support Year Extended - Thank you for choosing Dell - Quickbooks Special SimpleStart Edition nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Hooking up Older computer to High Speed Internet

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 15.05%

I have a HP Pavilion laptop that was able to connect via wifi, or ethernet, just fine until I recently upgraded it to Windows 10. The problem did not start right away, but could be associated with my security software (bitdefender). The laptop does recognize the router, but when I look into the settings I see that there is no connectivity in the IPv4 or IPv6.

Please let me know if additional info is needed to further diagnose this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-connection-on-laptop.217570/
Relevancy 13.33%

After going through lots of programs and cleaning out an infection, I restarted it and it is almost totally unusable. I can confirm that both mouse and keyboard work, mouse light is on, and keyboard lets me open the calculator. Any help please? Thanks.

A:Can't move my mouse, but computer is not frozen

If the mouse is USB (not a PS/2 connection), try disconnecting and then reconnecting. You could also try a different USB port for the mouse.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-move-my-mouse-but-computer-is-not-frozen.183253/
Relevancy 13.33%

Hi, I have decided to buy a new computer(or the parts for one).
It will be the first time I assemble one so I would like a little
help from the people on here that has some experaince with computer hardware,
because I myself do not know very much about it.

I have done some research and this is what I came up with:
Motherboard : Asus Z97-A Intel Z97 4xDDR3 SLI CrossFireX Socket 1150 ATX
CPU : Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Socket 1150
RAM : Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 DIMM PC12800/1600MHz CL9 2x4GB
GPU : Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750Ti OC 2GB D
PSU : CORSAIR PSU 550W VS550
Hard Drive : Western Digital WD20E, 2TB, SATA 6 Gb/s, 3.5", IntelliPower, 64MB

What I want to know is if all these parts will fit together and if it is a good
computer? I want a fast computer thats good at a bit of everything. What I will be using it for mostly is programming, games like bfbc2, downloading/watching movies/tv series and just browse the internet.

And I think I will be using mint as my os(still new to linux).

A:Assembling a computer for the first time

I think those are great choices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/assembling-a-computer-for-the-first-time.217526/
Relevancy 13.33%

I just bought these I will return them if need be so don t pamper me http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Question one these Questions about computer speakers speakers plug into my old jack front speaker port on my mobo should I use the center sub-woofer port instead Should I have bought some kind of HDMI or SDPIF speakers instead If so how much better are they My video card nvidia has extra hdmi ports my Questions about computer speakers mobo has a spdif port Should I buy sound card speaker combo Is my mobo and or video card just as good as a good sound card Should I download some software to compliment my new speakers Do I need to change any settings on my computer to take advantage of them In the control panel should I up the quot quality quot from bit hz studio Virturilze sound Boost enhance Will loudness equalization hurt my coolness nvidia g gaming http www newegg com Product Produ e nvidia g gaming- - - - - -Product Mobo z m pro http www newegg com Product Produ amp cm re z m pro - - - - - -Product p s my old speakers were like years old I don t even see where to adjust the bass p s s I use my speakers for music and gaming ps was trying to spend on a speaker upgrade flac is wow nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/questions-about-computer-speakers.217390/
Relevancy 14.62%

I've been having this problem for only the last week or so where my internet will stop working until I restart my computer, even though it says I am connected and internet is available.

The problem is not with my modem or my router. The internet works fine on every other computer.
I've run multiple antivirus scans on multiple programs. Clean.
Drivers are up to date.

Sometimes it disconnects after five minutes, sometimes forty, sometimes hours.
I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

A:Internet disconnects and won't reconnect until restart

What is this computers make and model? How does it connect to the Internet?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnects-and-wont-reconnect-until-restart.200385/
Relevancy 14.62%

When I try and access the internet through any of the main browsers (I.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari) they tell me along the lines of 'unable to access the network' and 'this page can't be displayed' after taking a while attempting to load. I also cannot access it through any of my Windows 8 apps. I know it's not an issue with the home broadband itself and is something to do with my laptop as it is running fine both wirelessly and through using an Ethernet cable on all other devices. I would really appreciate some help with trying to fix this asap as I have spent a lot of time researching this issue and trying most things to resolve it without success, I also need to use the internet for loads of coursework over the summer hols and cannot afford to be taking it to a pricey IT technician. Please helppp

A:My laptop cannot connect to the internet, even though wireless and ethernet are working

Take a look at the file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts​there MUST be at least a line reading 127.0.0.1 LOCALHOST
but the question is there anything other than comments in it?
If so, leave the comments and the localhost line and delete everything else.

If you modify the hosts file, then you also need to

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-even-though-wireless-and-ethernet-are-working.195158/
Relevancy 14.62%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello friends first time long time And essentially I have a dreaded problem with my quot smart TV quot I have one of the Samsung Led Tv to TV not internet router LED connects but s but an older model like a series or The T V has been working fine for the year and a half I ve had it The software updated itself multiple times and nothing ever happened However last night I had to move furniture around and left my modem and my wireless router disconnected for a good or hrs This action apparently LED TV connects to router but not internet reset my wireless router I reset the network and essentially created a new one I connected an XBOXONE laptops tablet and phones and a wireless printer to the network and they all work fine But for some reason the LED does not want to connect to the internet At first it was the apps that didn t connect and essentially the entire machine could not do anything related to the internet So I went online and tried all kinds of tricks which included doing a factory reset but that didn t work Also I tried to manually plug those google DNS numbers of and and no cigar I tried a few cycles where I unplugged the T V and the router and modem for a few minutes and nothing I called my ISP Time Warner Cable who said the problem was with Samsung I contacted Samsung and got no response I contacted the manufacturer of the wireless router Medialink who told me to change the encryption and the WPS settings I played around with the WPA AND WPA and the WPA AND WPA AND THE AES AND THE TKIP AND BOTH AT THE SAME TIME And absolutely nothing works the crooked thing still wont connect to the internet I have read somewhere that for people with comcast routers they needed to get rid of parental settings but my router doesn t have that I tried to disable WPS and that made it worse So I put everything back the way it was I don t know if the issue has anything to do with static vs Dynamic Ips or what I wonder if anyone can give me another tip I may have skipped over Could it be the internal network adapter is damaged all of a sudden and from pure coincidence independent of the reset Is there a way to set all of these things manually I have attached pictures of the whole process so you can see what I mean I can t figure out how to link so http postimg org gallery c tjth i aa nbsp

A:LED TV connects to router but not internet

That's a great set of pictures to illustrate the issue. As yet I've not bought a smart TV and your post has made me less likely to buy one. In your situation I'd try another factory reset for the TV and then set it up with a cable connection to the router. Assuming that goes well revisit wi-fi concentrating on the router settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/led-tv-connects-to-router-but-not-internet.209188/
Relevancy 14.62%

hi there my wireless through cable work will not My only ethernet internet internet was My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless running fine until yesterday when I tried to connect to the internet the message quot windows can t communicate with the device or resource primary dns server quot came up I followed all methods on this website http answers microsoft com en-us w -b d ec fae but none of them worked for me I then returned my laptop to factory settings in the hope it will work but that didnt not work I then realised it works through the ethernet cable but not wireless I ran ipconfig all with my ethernet cable in and this is the result SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THANKYOU Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nida-TOSH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address D -DF- A-EB- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fccc e c eb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EB- A- A-B - -F -D - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F -D - -EF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EEB-B - C-AC - CEB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb affc eb Pre erred Link-local IPv Address fe affc eb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DF D AB- BF- FA - CB -DFA C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless

There may be an issue on the ISP side or router side since restoring to defaults didnt help. Or it could be an issue with the network adapter. Or it could be an issue with the firewall.

Try downloading running these tools (download via ethernet, run on wireless): Network Fix-It Tool (right click on the internet bars on the task bar in the bottom right hand side of the screen, and click "troubleshoot network...") and Firewall Fix-It Tool.

Did you install anything on your PC before this happened? Did Windows install any updates?

Try disabling your AntiVirus. That may be the issue. I doubt it though.

Tell me if any of these solutions help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-will-only-work-through-ethernet-cable-not-wireless.197067/
Relevancy 13.76%

Memory is a key component in any computer and without a sufficient amount on tap, the entire system will feel sluggish regardless of what other beefy hardware you might be running.

Read more

A:How much RAM is in your computer?

16GB... Because I love keeping numerous Chrome tabs open.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-ram-is-in-your-computer.213529/
Relevancy 14.19%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 12.9%

Just checking it seems like something is not wife's on this - my Keyboard - - found disabled getting computer of EPP tired still wrong on this computer just using a standard plain usb keyboard All of a sudden this morning when she was changing a plain ordinary mouse the keyboard quit working it works on Keyboard not found - EPP - disabled - getting tired of this on my wife's computer another computer the mouse works while using the same usb port in device manager there is no entry for Keyboard in devices and printers way down at the bottom a quot usb multimedia quot keyboard shows but when I try to look at the drivers there are several drivers and I cannot delete or disable any Looking at the HID compliant consumer control device driver details there are no drivers Device Manager Keyboard shows keyboard there are speed settings but in the hardware tab no name manufacturer location or device status Just in case with all of the problem we have had lately I did some scans the dss scan seems strange Is it mbam Windows Service Pack x NTFS Internet Explorer Motherboard FOXCONN Keyboard not found - EPP - disabled - getting tired of this on my wife's computer AB Processor AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor CPU mhz Disk Partitions C is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free E is CDROM F is Removable G is Removable H is Removable I is Removable J is Removable K is CDROM M is NetworkDisk NTFS - GiB total GiB free P is NetworkDisk NTFS - GiB total GiB free R is NetworkDisk NTFS - GiB total GiB free S is NetworkDisk NTFS - GiB total GiB free T is NetworkDisk NTFS - GiB total GiB free Something is rotten in Denmark nbsp

A:Keyboard not found - EPP - disabled - getting tired of this on my wife's computer

Some place I saw a message that windows updates was set to no update hareware files, but I can't find where to change that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-not-found-epp-disabled-getting-tired-of-this-on-my-wifes-computer.191043/
Relevancy 12.9%

I have scoured the internet for months, and I couldn't find anything. I even checked an old article from this website, which didnt help. I have tried most obvious things, such as disabling stereo mix, though and help at all is accepted because you never know. Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/turtle-beack-x12-replaying-computer-sounds.216239/
Relevancy 23.65%

While the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X has been praised for its compact PCB and powerful closed-loop liquid cooling solution, many Fury X owners noticed that the pump block included with the card emits an annoying high-pitched whine, ruining what...

Read more

A:AMD revises Radeon R9 Fury X pump block to kill high-pitched whine

Kill every sound, AMD, but the whining will continue...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-revises-radeon-r9-fury-x-pump-block-to-kill-high-pitched-whine.216096/
Relevancy 13.33%

Hello I have a tower just recently bought all the parts from newegg and was building the tower for the last days I had everything put in as it should be and initially it stayed on but no image was portraying problems up boot Building computer on the monitor A friend explained I was using the wrong port to portray image as it should be through the video card I should be connecting it but after troubleshooting the problem Building computer boot up problems initially I removed RAM and put it back in but computer now turns on for a second then right off I hear and see the fans running the dvd drive spinning and the lights go on but then it shuts right off after another - seconds it turns on again and then after another second turns right back off in an endless cycle until I turn it off completely and unplug it Not sure what the next steps are or if I should return the moba for an exchange After reading a lot of forums I noticed that it could be the RAM was improperly placed so I tried many times to take it out and put it back in but same problem keeps occurring I hear no beeps and only hear a click from the power supply when it goes on I tried the psu tester on the power supply and it tells me it should be working fine Any one have any idea moba ASRock Z M Pro Micro ATX Intel Motherboard ram CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M A C B power EVGA -G - -XR W Power Supply case Thermaltake Level Series Level GT VN W N Black Computer Case processor Intel Core i - K GHz LGA BX I K Desktop Processor video card EVGA GeForce GTX Ti G-P - -KR FTW w ACX Cooling Video Card Please someone help and thanks to all nbsp

A:Building computer boot up problems

Okay, I've had the same issue with a new build: Put it all together, switch on the power and basically nothing. Do the following tried and true diagnostic steps that can be tedious but costs nothing to do and can often zero in on your issue:

1. Uninstall everything from your motherboard and disconnect all peripherals from your power supply except psu to motherboard, cpu, and one stick of RAM. Now turn it on. If it boots up and stays booted then shut it down and then...

2. Add your second stick of memory -- nothing else. Repeat by booting up and if it stays booted up then...

3. Start adding one piece of hardware at a time and repeat as directed.

What are your findings?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-computer-boot-up-problems.215853/
Relevancy 12.9%

I heard there's some certification to mount ESD safe equipment (ESD mats, etc) at computer workshops and other ESD safe environments. Could I get this certification myself in London? Is it expensive?

A:Is there some certification to mount ESD safe equipment at computer workshops, etc?

See https://www.esda.org/
OR domestic (U.S) http://www.dekra-certification.us/en/electrostatic-discharge-esd

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-some-certification-to-mount-esd-safe-equipment-at-computer-workshops-etc.214706/
Relevancy 12.9%

So I'm building a coomputer for my first time and have already selected parts that I think would be good. Not sure though as this is all new to me, but basically I just want a good computer capable of running a flight simulator in high quality graphics. So I just want to make sure that everything is compatable with each other, and if you have a part that would be better than what I have listed, please recommend. The list of parts I have come up with are as follows:

Case: Xigmatek Soundwave ATX Mid Tower

Power Supply: Cool Power Performance CP P600 204 pin ATX Power Supply w SATA PCIe & Dual 12V Rails

Mobo: MSI ATX DDR3 2133 Motherboard 970 Gaming

CPU: AMD FX 4350 Unlocked Quad Core Processor 4.2 4

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2 x 4gb) DDR3 1600 MHz PC3 12800 240-Pin DDR3 Dual Channel Memory Kit

Optical Drive: Asus 24x DVD-RW Serial-ATA Internal OEM

Audio Drive: Asus Xonar DG Headphone Amp & PCI 5.1 Audio Card

Video Card: MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4G

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500gb SATA III 7200 RPM 16mb Cache Bulk/OEM

Then I will be installing Windows 7 Home Premium.

Thanks Guys!

A:Are these parts sufficient for a decent gaming computer?

Give us your budget.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-parts-sufficient-for-a-decent-gaming-computer.214561/
Relevancy 23.65%

Corsair is well known for its PC components spanning a range of categories -- from memory to cases, power supplies, cooling and more. But this year it's trying something new with Bulldog, a barebones, console-like Mini-ITX box that's designed for...

Read more

A:Corsair goes for the living room with Bulldog PC kit, supports liquid cooling and high-end hardware

The case looks downright awful too me. I wouldn't have that thing displayed in my lounge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-goes-for-the-living-room-with-bulldog-pc-kit-supports-liquid-cooling-and-high-end-hardware.213594/
Relevancy 24.94%

AMD is today launching the A10-7870K, a new, high-end desktop APU that provides minor spec bumps over the company's previous desktop APU flagship at a similarly competitive price point.

Read more

A:AMD launches the A10-7870K, a new high-end desktop APU

The pricing is what kicks Intel in the nuts, which is great if you going for a low budget computer and don't mind not having a dedicated video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-the-a10-7870k-a-new-high-end-desktop-apu.213480/
Relevancy 13.33%

ASUS ROG G751JY-DH72X Intel i7 2.40GHz 32GB Memory 512GB SSD GTX 980M 4GB Laptop

Windows 8.1
Intel Core i7 4860HQ 2.4GHz
32GB Memory 1TB HDD 512GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 4GB
17.3-inch (1920 x 1080)
Retail Price:
$2,999.00
Price:
$2,749.00

A:Is the CPU good on this computer for gaming?

I'd say it's a good CPU, but note that you won't be able to upgrade it in the future as it is soldered onto the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-cpu-good-on-this-computer-for-gaming.213433/
Relevancy 24.08%

Many in the PC gaming world are turning their attention to AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 300 series launch and specifically, the R9 390X. According to the latest scuttlebutt, this card will ship with two different SKUs - an air-cooled version...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon R9 390X variant will come water-cooled with High Bandwidth Memory

Having to resort to water cooling just to be on par with nvidia what a joke
amd with their hot running primitive brute force gpus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-r9-390x-variant-will-come-water-cooled-with-high-bandwidth-memory.212772/
Relevancy 24.94%

Oculus VR on Friday revealed the recommended hardware specifications needed to deliver the best experience when using its upcoming virtual reality headset.

Read more

A:A high-end PC will be needed for the best Oculus Rift experience

I don't get it? It's supposed to be peripheral device. like an LCD screen, just with inbuilt mouse pointer. What does your PC specs got to do with performance, other than necessity to setup the resolution for inbuilt displays? What does it mean 'games and applications created for the Rift in-house'? Does it mean it will require custom games and applications, no support out of the box for existing games? If that's the case, their VR is gonna die faster than 3D. Please tell Me I'm mistaken?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-high-end-pc-will-be-needed-for-the-best-oculus-rift-experience.213137/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,
the following are the specs of my computer:
Asus P8Z77-V- LX2 Motherboard
Intel i7-2600CPU @ 3.4GHz
16GB RAM DDR3 668.5MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti

I lag on almost every single game, including League of Legends, Maple Story, DotA 2. Most of these does not lag on my low-mid end laptop and I find it very annoying why has it been lagging on my PC. I thought it was a faulty graphics card back then when I had the ATI 6970M graphics card then I upgraded to the GTX 780Ti and it still lags.

I notice miracle happens when I was using my 6970M graphics card, whenever I uninstall and re install the driver of the graphics card at the "Manage my computer" program, the lag disables and I am able to play all games with no lag. However, after restarting, the lag resumes and I must repeat the same step to remove the lag. However, with my GTX 780Ti, it does not work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-end-pc-lag-while-gaming.213241/
Relevancy 15.05%

My windows 7 laptop can connect to the internet, but unable to browse.

I can ping www.yahoo.com with zero loss
when I type ipconfig I am seeing my IP address

I have 4 other computers connected to the internet at home here no issues, it is just this one computer.

I have tried multiple browsers. I have tried both wired and wireless I even copied a chrome installer exe from a usb drive to the computer and ran it. When I double clicked the exe it WAS able to download the chrome software and install it, so I am definitely connected to the internet. But if I try and open a website, chrome says ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED.

I.E. and firefox as well, no connection.

Thank you for your help in advance!

A:Can connect but can't browse internet

Update, I am able to browse in safe mode with network... but unable to in normal mode.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-connect-but-cant-browse-internet.212468/
Relevancy 14.62%

Alright I ll make it short but informative I can t connect cable able internet Only via to ethernet to connect to the internet without an ethernet cable I have tried pressing the laptop s quot WiFi quot button but nothing has happened The light didn t even change I have tried Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable rebooting and going into BIOS to see Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable if there was on option there nothing I Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable have tried going into Device Manager and under quot Network Cards quot I got options I believe I had options though now I have only first I tried to deactivate it and the reactivate it but that just made it not work at all and when I got home and got my connection back I tried to update the drivers which is when I noticed I only had because I was at school when all showed up so I didn t have connection to update them but it just said that they were all up to date I have tried using the windows recovering tool to go back before the problem occurred Though I did get an error the first time due to my AVG being up so it couldn t complete but after that I tried doing it again with AVG off but the situation didn t change and I know the problem isn t with the router as the problem occurs with different WiFi s In the beginning it would only say quot can t connect to the internet quot over and over again but now it won t even show the available WiFi networks in the area Any help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

Any suggestions at all? if you require more information in order to come up with a solution, just tell me what you need an ill try my best to figure it out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/only-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.212310/
Relevancy 13.33%

I have a HP Pavilion Elite m9600t CTO Desktop PC that has 2 drives. One which clearly says it can do lightscribe and burning, however, everytime I try to burn a disk using any software(I've tried a couple) it says no drive that can burn was found....

Config Flags 0x00000000
It's kinda driving me crazy to the point where I'm not sure if I'm wrong or its wrong. Here are the drives I have:

Drive 1

Spoiler
ATAPI DVD D DH16D3S
Device ID IDE\CDROMATAPI_DVD_D__DH16D3S____________________SH12____\4&A9C04EF&0&0.1.0
Status 0x0180200a Started
Problem 0x00000000 (0)
Service wd
Capabilities 0x00000000
Class CDROM
Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)
Drive 2

Spoiler
WJWDG UBKDE3C5U3 SCSI CdRom Device
Device ID SCSI\CDROM&VEN_WJWDG&PROD_UBKDE3C5U3&REV_1.03\5&36E5972&0&000000
Status 0x0180200a Started
Problem 0x00000000 (0)
Service cdrom
Capabilities 0x00000060
Config Flags 0x00000000
Class CDROM
Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)

A:My computer can't burn disks?

They both appear to be ROM drives when reading the spoiler info.

The best I can tell, here is the "ATAPI DVD D DH16D3S" which is a ROM drive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106262
I can not find the second listing with the details provided. I'm assuming that is the drive pictured in the screenshot.

HP Pavilion Elite m9600t Desktop PC Product Specifications

Primary Optical Drive

Must select one of the following options:

16X DVD(+/-)R/RW 12X RAM (+/-)R DL LightScribe SATA
Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner with LightScribe Technology
SuperMulti Blu-ray Disc burner with LightScribe Technology
​Click to expand...

There is lack of detail on HP's site as to which specific drives were used. The drive you pictured is not Blu-ray, so I'll assume the first listed drive is the one you have. The drive may need to pulled out of the case, to find out for sure which unit was used.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-cant-burn-disks.212153/
Relevancy 13.33%

I recently moved my computer from one side of my desk to the other and somehow it managed to make it so when I press the power button nothing happens. I've disassembled and reassembled the computer numerous times and tested the psu. The psu is working and it seems like the motherboard is the culprit. What is confusing me the most is that when I short the 24 pin connector to the motherboard then plug it in if I also press the power button I can turn on the computer. I dont see that as a permanent fix just in case it sleeps and I assume it is not good for the computer so I am looking for help on how to permanently fix my issue. Thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-power-on-after-i-moved-it.212377/
Relevancy 37.41%

So basically how the title is.

My internet would drop out/freeze. Router doesn't indicate any change in service. I plug my laptop into the modem, and have prime speeds.

Restart the router. Works for awhile.
Reinstalled the firmware manually on the router.
Set the Channel off of "Auto" and put on various options of 9, 10, 11 to avoid clashes with other networks.

Freezes. Now the router indicates there's no connection. Drag the cord out of modem and test. Prime speeds.

Okay, screw this - I went and bought a new router yesterday because, sure, that Belkin one was 2-3 years old. Set it up with same channel settings, etc.
Same.
Freaking.
Thing.

I have a laptop that runs a VPN (for work) that uses it, plus multiple iphones (3) and ipads (2) an AppleTV and a Samsung smart TV.

Like, help me please here.

A:Internet Drops Out, Consistent Speed with Modem, New Router - no solution

OK, but lets solve on thing at a time 1) ignore the VPN at work and let's get the home router stabilized.
The mobile devices are difficult to diagnose, so 2) stick with the PC for now.

Standard questions:

did you update the ethernet & wifi drivers on the PC?
have you looked to ensure your new router has the latest firmware?
*if* you have a DSL connection to the ISP, do you have the line filters on EVERY device connected to the phone line EXCEPT the line to the modem? *MUST HAVE*
Got to get these right first.

THEN, find the MTU that's right for you AT HOME and set that into the new router:

get a command prompt
ping -l 1500 -f 8.8.8.8
as long as you see Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set., reduce the 1500 by 8 and iterate with the new number
:: record the MTU that works for your ISP at home
The router conf page is accessible using your browser and HTTP://your_router_address/
You need the router password
set the new MTU. Also set a new router password and save the settngs.

The wired connection should be solid at this point.

The wifi should also be better, as long as you avoid other stations with the same channel.
I assume you've see the post re inSSIDER for wifi setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-out-consistent-speed-with-modem-new-router-no-solution.212305/
Relevancy 11.61%

I have scoured the from computer, sounds" can speakers "computing my hear my through I internet for a solution to this and have found nothing First my dxdiag is attached I have had this issue for over a year now and I am getting fed up If I put my ear to my pc I can hear computer noises coming from it I can not compare it to another sound as there is nothing else to compare it too it just sounds like my CPU or Hard Drive thinking That doesnt bother me though I expect my computer to make some noise HOWEVER I dont expect to hear it in my speakers too I have a lot of speakers and a lot of headphones no they are not I can hear "computing sounds" from my computer, through my speakers the problem Right now I am using a knappenberger tube hooked up to a GK MB just cuz I can When I plug in any speakers I can hear the CPU sound through them regardless of the volume level I can turn the speaker all the way down and yet the sound will come through This leads me to believe I can hear "computing sounds" from my computer, through my speakers it is a grounding issue or electrical to some degree I would like to try physically grounding my case to see if it would eliminate this God awful feedback However I can not find a guide as to I can hear "computing sounds" from my computer, through my speakers the best way to do this or any other suggestions So here I am Help me and earn my eternal gratitude Some notes If I unplug all of my cables except power and the speaker cable I still hear it if I plug in my speaker cable to my monitor instead of my PC I still hear it Front port still hear it I have yet to try a different sound card as I dont have one Once I find one I will update nbsp

A:I can hear "computing sounds" from my computer, through my speakers

Checked some settings in the Bios, noticed the sound isnt there while navigating it. Static started once windows loaded. Maybe it is some sort of issue with the hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-can-hear-computing-sounds-from-my-computer-through-my-speakers.202182/
Relevancy 23.65%

Leaked specifications from a pair of upcoming Intel Skylake processors have hit the web. If accurate, we could see Intel pumping out CPUs with high clock rates on par with the company's existing Devil's Canyon offering.

Read more

A:Leaked specs for upcoming Intel Skylake CPUs reveal high clock rates, 95W TDP and more

@shawn
I read that the performance jump between Broadwell and Skylake will be like what we saw with Prescott to Conroe. Do you believe this is possible with the unlocked Skylake-S parts? Have you heard this rumour?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/leaked-specs-for-upcoming-intel-skylake-cpus-reveal-high-clock-rates-95w-tdp-and-more.212186/
Relevancy 24.94%

So to clear out what my hardware is my core is an intel i LGA For a bit of background - A few months back I encountered this problem that my high temperature with too constantly Problem CPU fan started to malfunction Though a few hours later the fan started to work again I used a flashlight to look into the CPU and yeah it was spinning Both of Problem with CPU temperature constantly too high them at equal rates So onto the actual problem I few days ago I just got my PC fixed since my vid card malfunctioned Fearing it was overheating I downloaded speedfan and now constantly check my GPU temperature However what worries me now is that it constantly reads my CPU temperature to be around - Celsius The frightening thing is it s ALWAYS at that range Even when I just turn my computer on despite it being in air-conditioning the temp is always at that range I also asked the guy who fixed my PC and said that it was a problem but that C is standard for a PC that s been used for hours Since I m kind of lazy to screenshot upload I ll just type out what it reads in Speedfan CoreTemp and CPU Thermometer Speedfan GPU C System C CPU C AUX C SMIOVT - C HD C Core C CoreTemp Tj Max C Core C Min Max Core C Min Max Load varies from - CPU thermometer reads relatively the same with a - C range What the hell is up with my PC and what can I do to solve it nbsp

A:Problem with CPU temperature constantly too high

Hello, omni23414.
It could be a miscalculation on the part of the on-die sensors, or a horribly failing cooling system.
I've checked Google for that chip's average temps, and they aren't supposed to be that high.
My CPU isn't a multi-core, so it by default doesn't generate much heat, but it's overclocked enough to make a toast.

Try disabling any 'Quiet fan' features in your mobo's BIOS, and check the temps.
For how long have you had this problem? Only recently, or since Day 1 of the assembly?

Try taking off all the fans and checking them individually. Check whether any fan is malfunctioning. If none is, it could be a case of bad case airflow. Or miscalculated temps.

Still, give me some more details on which programs you mostly run, how much load they give the CPU. I'll abuse Google for more information on your case.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-cpu-temperature-constantly-too-high.179473/
Relevancy 13.33%

As the title implies I m currently having issues the first major issue is that my PC is turning on off and which the second is that my other hard drive suddenly up and Issue Invisible & HDD Computer Grounding disappeared on me My computer started to turn on and off on me for no reason while I was trouble shooting my initial problem of the HDD when I fiddled around inside my case Eventually ripping everything out of the case and quot card-boarding quot the motherboard which it worked and stayed on and as I gradually put everything back together it was all good until I sat the motherboard back onto the brass copper studs that sits inside the frame and screwed it in At that point my computer started to turn on and off again which lead me to believe it s some manner of a grounding issue Computer Grounding Issue & Invisible HDD I have no clue on what to do at this point about going about this should I just get a new case made of plastic My current full tower case is all steel While I was watching a movie which was stored on my second hard drive is started to freeze lag repeat all that good stuff on me It froze my computer up completely and I was force to hard reset the computer when I booted my PC back up I found that my second hard drive had up and vanished on me So I went into my bios and saw it quot working quot I switch to ACHI to see if it ll make a difference but I got a BSoD so I left it at IDE At that point my computer gave me the option to quot repair windoe files quot or start normally Both options made my computer get stuck on the loading screen thankfully safe mode boots up fine So what could had caused this and how may I go about fixing it nbsp

A:Computer Grounding Issue & Invisible HDD

I also swapped out the PSU with a spare I had lying around, didn't get any power from it so I reused my old one. Now I don't have power from that one either. So besides the "missing" HDD and a suddenly a "no longer working PSU "I'm assuming the motherboard is bad, opinions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-grounding-issue-invisible-hdd.211499/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello So a description of the issue I ve had this about times now spread out over a couple of months The internet will just completely randomly without apparent trigger stop working completely When I check the router will still have an IP and the quot Internet quot light will still be flashing green indicating active internet connection on the front panel So far this has happened at completely random times - While playing a game LoL the internet just cut out and didn t come back for hours - I came back from a shower and the internet wasn t working anymore similar to other times - I was working on a school document not using any internet at the time Skype was running maybe Steam and it just cut out Et cetera The reason I don t think it s a disruption from the side of my ISP is that sometimes clicking quot Renew Lease quot in the router page seemed to fix it though sometimes it wouldn t work until I d refreshed it multiple times Also the internet light doesn t internet but connected, periodically cuts Router stays out go out on the router and Router stays connected, but internet cuts out periodically usually there isn t even any problem indicated in windows except from the internet just not working I e no yellow exclamation mark in the little internet icon Further information The router is a by this time quite old Netgear Wireless GR v and I have upgraded the firmware to the latest version Also my phone AND tablet will remain connected to the wireless network but without any usable internet connection I have double checked all the cables and connections everything seems to be in working order I live in an apartment building and we all share a big internet connection I have a cable coming in from a central modem so I don t have a specific connection that I can contact an ISP about which also means I have no modem to configure or help me Any advice would be greatly appreciated especially regarding whether or not it could be my router at fault and if a new one could fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Router stays connected, but internet cuts out periodically

This isn't my area of expertise by a long shot but I have had these issues as well with my cable set-up. Sometimes I needed simply to restart my router. I have found at other times I would have to reset the box the cable company installed in our cellar by powering it off for 10 seconds and then on again. Once in awhile I will have to do this to my modem.

Our biggest issue was the splitter. It went bad and since it was outside the house and Comcast's equipment they replaced it for free which restored everything to working order.

I would say though that it is probably time to replace the router. I had a good Linksys G for years but then it would constantly drop connections. I replaced it with my current Netgear and it has served my entire household well.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-stays-connected-but-internet-cuts-out-periodically.204922/
Relevancy 13.33%

Okay so I am having an issue working out if my case will be able to hold my motherboard and graphics card Case Details Available Color Black Materials Steel body plastic Dimension x x mm x x inch (I Computer Building my First setup) changed W x H x D Net Weight kg lbs M B Type Micro-ATX ATX quot Drive Bays exposed quot Drive Bays exposed hidden quot Drive Bays hidden I O Panel USB x int USB x Mic x Audio x supports AC HD Audio Expansion Slots Cooling System Front mm fan x optional or mm fan x Building First Computer (I changed my setup) optional Rear mm black fan x pre-installed Side left mm or mm fan x optional Side right mm fan x optional Building First Computer (I changed my setup) Power Supply Type Standard ATX PS EPS V optional Maximum Compatibility VGA card length mm inch with HDD cage CPU cooler height mm inch Now Ill list my other parts I have They should Building First Computer (I changed my setup) also be links if they are not links just search the name WD quot Green TB WD EZRX SATA M RPM HDD Patriot Signature GB Kit Gx DDR - - PSD G KH Samsung SATA x Black DVD RW Gigabyte N - GI N SL- GL DDR GT PCI-E VGA Card Intel BX G Pentium G GHz MB LGA ASRock H M Anniversary Motherboard nbsp

A:Building First Computer (I changed my setup)

From the case details you have supplied (Motherboard type: Micro ATX or ATX and maximum video card length of 320mm) you are well within the parameters of having everything fit.
ASRock H97M motherboard is a Micro ATX board.
Gigabyte N730-2GI video card is 185mm in length.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-first-computer-i-changed-my-setup.210947/
Relevancy 14.19%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 14.19%

Dear Experts

My Windows 7 laptop connected to internet via my mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 by tethering portable Wi-Fi hotspot.

I am a technician field and I need to connect my laptop via USB port to an Ericsson MiniLink (telecom NE) node to do configuration.

https://mazrilhisham.wordpress.com/2004/01/01/traffic-node/#jp-carousel-241

Whenever I connect the USB cable from the laptop to Ericsson my internet gets dropped, while this didn?t happen to my coworker who is using the same laptop brand as mine.
By the way the Ericsson software that I installed on my laptop create the attached socket called : "Ericsson USBLAN adapter" on my computer's network and that would be used for the USB communication

http://imgur.com/IRNyoIv

Any advice what should I do to avoid this problem
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop%E2%80%99s-internet-via-tethering-gets-dropped-when-connects-to-ericsson-minilink.210600/
Relevancy 13.33%

I have done some research and have not found a solution to my problem.

I plug in my HDD (Fantom Drive, Green Drive) and I hear the 2tone sound when I plug it into my USB2.0 port.
My computer then searches for a driver. It decides a suitable driver for what I plugged in is called "Initio Default Controller". I got this information from the Device Manager.
I have looked in my "computer and right clicked "manage". The HDD is not listed. I have used more than one USB cord, ports, and 2 different computers with the same problem.
Both the computers are running windows 7 64bit. One is a laptop (ASUS) and a desktop(HP).

Can someone please help me with this problem.

Thanks,
Chris&Dawn

A:External HDD not recognized by my computer

So I said the facts but I never mentioned exactly what the issue is. sorry.

When I open my computer when the external HDD is plugged in, it's not there. I can't save files in it, open anything, it's just not there.

Also the icon that pops up that lets you "remove hardware safley" in the bottom right is not there. Also the external hard drive does not show up on any programs like "Defraggler" or "Speccy"

Thanks,
Chris&Dawn

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-not-recognized-by-my-computer.176212/
Relevancy 12.9%

With Broadwell and Skylake desktop CPUs expected to launch next quarter, the urge to upgrade my computer has never been stronger.

Read more

A:Weekend Open Forum: What CPU powers your computer?

Got an i5-2500k in my gaming computer, and a C2Q Q8200 in my home server. Because of the small enclosures they are in I have not overclocked them, with the watercooled 2500k being in a Prodigy case stuffed to the gills, and the Q8200 is in a 2U rack case.

Not sure about the server, but I know with Star Citizen in the distant horizon, I'm very compelled to upgrade around the end of the year. This is driven less by my CPU and more by my graphics card (watercooled GTX 570) and memory, which I only have 8GB.

edit: oh yeah, and my XPS 12 has an i5-4210.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weekend-open-forum-what-cpu-powers-your-computer.208477/
Relevancy 12.9%

A factory AMD or Intel heatsink is something I simply won't consider when building a computer. I acquired my first aftermarket cooler 15 years ago to assist in overclocking an AMD Athlon 500 (it reached 800MHz with help from a...

Read more

A:Weekend Open Forum: What heatsink / water kit cools your computer?

Mine is water cooled. Except instead of liquid its solid. And instead of water its aluminum. And instead of a pump its got a fan. Its actually a laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weekend-open-forum-what-heatsink-water-kit-cools-your-computer.209240/
Relevancy 24.94%

So I ve been monitoring my computer s temperatures and I must admit I m not happy with what I ve seen After gaming my FX- has been reaching temperatures above the C max recommendation temperatures FX-8320 high Stock with that AMD has in place The highest I ve seen so far Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures is C which is just outrageously high I m running my FX- at completely stock speeds with the stock fan on a Gigabyte FXA-UD rev motherboard Now as of writing this thread I Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures have already ordered a Cooler Master Hyper EVO as my research suggest that this is a very capable fan for an FX- xxx series processor at stock speeds and maybe even a modest overclock as well I actually intended to get this cooler earlier in my system s life but I ve been lazy and frugal and figured that the stock fan would be fine for stock speeds I also figured my spacious Antec case with a ton of fans at max speed would ve been enough Anyway what shocked me is that when I built this system I kept a very close eye on temperatures during gaming and I never would exceed C under load and idled around C Now quite a while down the line the same cooler can hardly keep the processor below C under load but when the machine is idle I get really low temperatures so low it s at C at some points I ve included a screenshot of both these situations So frankly put what the hell is going on here My idle temperatures are better than ever but my load temperatures are worse than ever Could I have an inaccurate sensor on my processor As precautionary measure I already cleaned out all of the dust filters in my Antec quot Illusion quot case photo also included I also opened that puppy up and blew as much dust out as I could off of the components so it s not real dusty in there anymore The heatsink fan combo was properly secured so it doesn t seem to have become improperly seated over this time Despite this I haven t seen an improvement in temperatures Any assistance in figuring out what the deal is here would be greatly appreciated My specs are as follows AMD FX- GHz Vishera Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD rev G Skill Sniper GB DDR - RAM Gigabyte GeForce GTX GB WindForce Western Digital Black TB SATA-III HDD Antec Illusion case Antec HCG W PSU Windows Ultimate SP x x mm Antec fans mm Antec fan nbsp

A:Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures

Have you cleaned the actual cpu cooler? If it has as much dust as your filter does, that could really affect the efficiency of the cooler. I have both a 8320 in a build and a 8350 and I use AIO water coolers such as Corsair H80 or H100.
The CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO is a very good air cooler. Take your time mounting it and be sure to use quality thermal paste.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stock-fx-8320-with-high-temperatures.202655/
Relevancy 23.65%

If I currently get an average of 20mbps using a linksys n router with comcast as my ISP. If I upgrade to an ac router, and assuming I have ac compatible devices, will I get any significant increase in wifi speed? I wasn't sure if I need to get a faster internet tier from Comcast or not. AC routers promise much faster speeds (400mbps) but comcast says they provide me with 25 tops. Can I just upgrade my router or do I have to pay more to comcast?

A:Will 802.11ac router increase download speed?

If 25mbps is all that comcast is providing, u are doing all u can expect if u are receiving 20 u are doing all u can expect with that plan. changing u'r router is not going to help in the least.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-802-11ac-router-increase-download-speed.209175/
Relevancy 14.62%

I dont know how long its been going on but within a internet provider switch from AT&T to TWC its still been doing this. Every time I reset the router name or password it lets me reconnect to the internet, but when I shut it down and boot it up later or after a couple hours it refuses to connect until I switch the router name or security password.

Its a toshiba running windows 7
The adapter is realtek or something like that which im pretty sure is the cause but nothing seems to fix this issue.
Thanks for any info on this.

A:Laptop Stops connecting to internet randomly

What is the Model number of the Toshiba laptop?
Does your laptop come with an Ethernet port (most do have one)? If so, try connecting directly to your router with an Ethernet Cable and see if the problem continues.
I highly doubt that its a problem with the Router (but it could be). I believe that you may have a problem with the wireless drivers installed. I would suggest:
1. Download the wireless drivers from the Toshiba website
2. Properly Uninstall the wireless drivers
3. Install wireless drivers from the download (step 1).
4. Wait and see if problem still persists. If so, let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-stops-connecting-to-internet-randomly.209164/
Relevancy 14.19%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi guys, so my internet has been dropping a lot more recently (I have had this issue for about 4 months now). The odd thing that I cant figure out, is that it only happens on my desktop. Every other computer and phone can connect and doesnt drop wifi like the desktop does. Also, this happens when im wired through an ethernet cord. I have reinstalled network drivers, bought a wireless usb card, tried troubleshooting everything I can that I know how to do. Any other things I could try?

Thanks

A:Internet Drops Randomly

Specs for computer (make and model of computer that is having problems -or- make and model of the hardware)? Also, what wireless router (or modem) are you trying to connect to? What is your Operating System?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-randomly.208315/
Relevancy 15.05%

My laptop (Asus G73J) is connected to my router, however, has limited access. All other wireless devices in the house are able to connected to the router with internet, including another laptop. I have also already contacted my internet provider and my router provider to no avail. I looked at many other threads to see if anyone else has had my problem and as of now everyone who has, was able to fix it in ways that have not worked for me.

I have already put "ipconfig" in my command prompt and found out that I do not have a Default Gateway, in other words this shows up "Default Gatway .....:". Additionally it says that the Tunnel adapters have "Media Disconnected". I have been working on this for about 3 weeks, Please Help.

A:I am connected to the router with no internet

I've had similar intractable problems from time to time where even after reading up and posting for assistance you still remain stuck. Although I don't know the answer things that I'd try are checking to see if there is a firewall and turning it off briefly for purposes of elimination. I'd check to see if there is an updated driver for the wireless card. Have you been into Control Panel, Network and Sharing Centre and tried to set up a new network? Any problems flagged up in Computer, System Properties, Device Manager?

You haven't mentioned whether this is a problem that has arisen after a period of normal operation or whether it has been present from day one. If it worked OK previously as a last resort there's the return to factory condition option but it's a pain and you'd lose everything on the laptop so I'd hold fire on that. Can it connect to the router successfully with an ethernet cable?

Anyway that's a few things to think about if you've not tried them all already.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-am-connected-to-the-router-with-no-internet.208139/
Relevancy 12.9%

Hi all. I've got this issue with my graphic card (fresh and crispy by the way - 1 month old). Few days ago I was just browsing web when suddenly blue screen came out of nowhere on my Windows 8.1 desktop PC. Ever since then when computer boots screen is filled mozaic-like with green squares, after few seconds it's changing to vertical lines. Obviously Windows window manager won't open at all, and it greets me with black screen. After I deactivated graphic card, and switched cable to main boards VGA port computer runs ok.

I've seen some similar threads on techspot suggesting that due to escessive dust 'consuption' GPU can overheat and irreverisbly burn therefore. Is it possible that the same thing occured here?

A:Green squares on computer boot, Nvidia GTS 250

It's what I've seen on the screen when one of my graphics cards has died. As it's almost new changing it shouldn't be a problem. It's more likely to be a faulty graphics card than dust. Double check that it's seating properly in its port and that the video cable is OK.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/green-squares-on-computer-boot-nvidia-gts-250.208163/
Relevancy 14.62%

I remember some time ago I found a option which made my computer connect itself to the internet but now I cant find it.Help?

A:Have to manually connect to the internet on startup

Make and Model of computer? What Operating System are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-to-manually-connect-to-the-internet-on-startup.207918/
Relevancy 14.62%

Toshiba laptop. Internet at the bottom right says there is a connection available, but says the settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network. It has to be plugged in to the modem to access Internet. Speakers do not work. Ports do not work either. I had it in for repair and he thought it might be the motherboard, but he couldn't fix the other one and I got help with Broni on here and it works fine now. I am hoping someone on here can help me fix this one. It has no viruses; it's clean. Thanks!

A:Laptop cannot access the Internet unless it is hooked to the modem

Ok, the modem=>pc config working says networking is at least sane.

To get the modem=>router=>pc to work, the pc should not have ANY configuration data stored in the network adapter settings. Can you find and clear the network adapter for yourself?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-cannot-access-the-internet-unless-it-is-hooked-to-the-modem.207405/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello I have an old HP Pavilion n that has - GB DDR PC ram modules but they are being reported in BIOS as only being at PC and I am just wondering if this is the best that this system can do with this speed of ram or is there anything that I can do to get it to run at PC Here are the specs from CPU-Z Mainboard Model - ASUS P B -LA rev Chipset - Intel i D rev Southbridge - Intel BA ICH rev Processor Intel Pentium - GHz - Northwood Clocks Core Core Speed - MHz Multiplier - x Bus Speed - MHz Rated FSB - MHz CPU-Z is reporting that both modules are PC DDR but the BIOS is indicating PC The BIOS does not have the ability to change anything regarding clock settings and the board itself has no jumpers to change so any input would be welcome regarding any suggestions if this system can actually get full usage of the PC DDR GB modules or if it can only run at PC because of the Bus Speed I thought that if Speed Ram reporting BIOS not correct in the board had a MHz FSB it would run DDR PC ram Any advice would be appreciated Thanks Brian nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-reporting-correct-speed-in-bios.207737/
Relevancy 14.62%

Is there any way of sharing hard drives/folder over the internet with the client side need to install anything.
I.e use add network location option in my computer
Or a client programme that is user friendly

The server side will need to run on my computer,
looked at FreeNas thats not an option,
Filezilla looks like it the best option server side of things but uses a client programe.

Im happy to run any programmes/OS's in a VM if that were needed.

Thanks in Advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-hard-drive-over-internet-without-client-programes.207578/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hey guys, I was recently in the malware section, because my laptop had some problems and could not connect to the internet. Broni was very awesome and helped me clear my laptop up, but we still couldn't get it to connect to the internet. He advised me to come here for help.

I will link the previous thread, because there are some log files toward the end I think would be much more helpful than me explaining problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/infected-laptop.206911/page-2#post-1444892

Thank you so much for any help.

A:Trouble connecting to internet (Windows 8)

Can you try to re-install the WiFi driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-connecting-to-internet-windows-8.207500/
Relevancy 13.33%

I recently bought several Dell Optiplex GX computers online for repair I usually do a thorough review of what I am getting but this was a a with VGA Help DVI-D on port computer monitor using a cheap deal on a big lot and a few things slipped by me For one it takes a special power cord that I can t find for less than and there were none Help using a VGA monitor with a DVI-D port on computer with the lot I ordered one to test them with for now but that is not my main problem but if anyone knows where I can get those DA- adapter power cords any cheaper please let me know where My main problem is that these are the small form factor cases so they have no card slots I am dependent upon the motherboard options only So here is my problem the only connector for a monitor on the back of the computer is for a DVI-D which would be great if I had monitors with those connections The only connections I have on my monitors are the VGA I bought some adapters from e-bay that were supposed to convert the DVI port to the VGA which the connector did but I have no screen using this adapter and I am thinking that I was cheated Can this even be done this way I have always just changed the video card but this computer has no way I can see to do that it is all in the motherboard Does anyone know what I can do here I put a fresh install of io xp pro on several of then since that is what they came with They only have pentium s with hyperthreading and single core processors and I didn t think windows would help any If anyone knows what I can do to use these VGA monitors please tell me because without being able to put a video card in it I am lost sincerely cableman nbsp

A:Help using a VGA monitor with a DVI-D port on computer

Your best bet for Global spares is www.pchub.com.

As to the DVI to D-Sub you did the right thing in buying an adapter. It should work period. Did you get the joblot from eBay? Was it sold as untested? Are the PCs even powering on? Maybe there are issues with memory/cpu/motherboard....

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx620/en/ug/A02/solve00.htm#wp1286323

Yes you have to be very careful when upgrading the CPUs for this unit as they follow a narrower roadmap. Top line CPU would appear to be a Pentium D3.4Ghz which worked in a GX620 usff with bios revision A11.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-using-a-vga-monitor-with-a-dvi-d-port-on-computer.172534/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a toshiba laptop right at a year of having it, it will not allow me to get internet connection even though it shows its getting wifi or set up through the router.. Is this a virus or other issue

A:Toshiba Internet won't work

Moving this topic to appropriate forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-internet-wont-work.207422/
Relevancy 15.05%

My toshiba will not get on the Internet Google will come up and search but everytime it says Internet error

A:Laptop Internet error

Need specific; try looking in the cmd-> enter eventvwr.msc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-internet-error.207423/
Relevancy 13.33%

My computer is being running slow and is choppy also, I'm making sure the system is clean right now.

A:Computer slow and choppy

Problem solved, runned some anti-malaware programs and cleaned my computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-slow-and-choppy.207403/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi Sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as much info as possible for a better solution I have been experiencing strange clicking sounds please see link coming from my XFX HD lately or it can XFX PC noise, 4850 temp HD and clicking then High crashes be from PSU I have been using this card since years It XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes used to be very rare only at bootup but ever since I have started playing Bioshock infinite it has become much more frequent Initially I did not get any problems playing but last time I could only manage hr and then mins before pc crashed Today when I started the pc there was not any of that sound but XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes after minutes the hideous sound started and after few seconds pc shutdown This happened again and again with shorter time frames Interesting thing is I did not even played the game was only browsing the potential problem on the net Turns out it can either be -Some hindrance in fans spinning -Coil whine -PSU problem I couldn t pinpoint the exact problem I tried listening to it very closely could only guess that it was coming from gpu it also seemed very hot Using GPUz I started monitoring and gpu temp went from - C range to C within minutes before it shut down So it seems gpu is the reason I put a bit of load on gpu by emulating a game in pj during that time I had got my power outlets checked by a voltmeter few days ago the electrician said they were fine My desktop airflow is good never had a high temp problem with my cpu and side of the cover is always open My questions are -Can I underclock my gpu so that it consumes less power -Do I need to install ccc since I haven t earlier -I used an air blower a couple of months ago and also cleaned the gpu with a brush did nt find much dust or any object blocking the fans I can t rma since I had a bad time doing that in the last few times other h w long wait Also I don t have a built in gfx with this build What do you suggest Thanks Link screens and audio http s tinyupload com index php file id GPUZ min max temps Date GPU Core Clock MHz GPU Memory Clock MHz GPU Temperature C Fan Speed Fan Speed RPM RPM GPU Load GPU Temp DISPIO C GPU Temp MEMIO C GPU Temp SHADERCORE C Memory Usage Dedicated MB Memory Usage Dynamic MB VDDC V - - - - Update After I cleaned my pc again with air blower and also the gpu separately tested the system Starting temps were better from c instead of c and biggest difference was the dramatic reduction in fans rpm previously and now - rpm and noise But bad news is during those - mins the gpu temps kept rising again even at gpu load and once I put a bit of load on gpu - via pj emulater it rised to c before pc shutdown again So does it means I have to apply thermal paste too Or can this be fixed if I update the gpu driver Please any solutions suggestions wil be really appreciated nbsp

A:XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes

I'm having a bit of trouble following (more than likely my fault). What is the GPU fan speed during load?

If the RPM's seem normal, it could be thermal bond in the thermal paste that is broken.
If the fan speed doesn't appear to be normal, the fan itself could be broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-hd-4850-clicking-noise-high-temp-and-then-pc-crashes.207299/
Relevancy 12.9%

I have a Windows 7 HP desktop system that is connected to the internet via an ethernet cable. The system says it is connected, and a ping confirms it is accessing the internet. BUT, all the browsers say the computer is not connected to the internet (tried Chrome, Firefox and IE). All of the Microsoft network adapters (6to4, ISATAP adapter, ISATAP adapter #2, Teredo Tunneling Adapter) shown under device manager cannot start (Code 10). the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller is the only network adapter shown as working properly. What do I need to do to fix this? Let me know if there is any other information needed to help me.

A:Windows 7 computer says connect via ethernet and ping confirms but cannot get to any page

Does your router see this computer on the network?
Are you on Private Network or Home Network?
Is the IP address showing 192.168.x.x or is it showing 169.xx.xx.xx?

NIC network card you can do a few things. You can can disable it and re-able it.
Open dos prompt
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: ipconfig /release
type: ipconfig /renew

Give this a sec or two.

Now under services.msc (use the control panel and type services)
Select view local services
Scroll down for
DHCP Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it
DNS Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it

If none of the above work go into the device manager. under control panel type: device manager. click on device manager

-Network adapters
-Realtek PCI-e this one uninstall the drivers (BUT DO NOT DELETE THEM)

Two options here.
One: Scan computer for new hardware changes
Two: Reboot the PC

Choose Two, because Windows will re-install the drivers and setup network card settings. for you. The Choosing One would do that same but you really want to flush out any prior issues that got you to this point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-computer-says-connect-via-ethernet-and-ping-confirms-but-cannot-get-to-any-page.207373/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys I've got a problem. My GPU GTX780 GHz is making a buzzing / whining sound at very high fps and I mean 300+. I tried to google it but most buzzing seems to be made by PSU however PSU has nothing to do with fps. And I assume that the power consumption is roughly the same when playing Crysis 3 120 fps or Dead Space 2 400+ fps.
Yes I know I could use v-sync but sometime it causes noticeable input lag.

Is it normal? Safe for the GPU? Does it go away?

Thanks for info

A:GPU buzzing / whining at very high fps

What is you PSU make and model? When was the last time you cleaned your system out (physically powering down, opening the case and removing all the dust - especially on all the fans)? Do you monitor your internal temps when you game - if so what are they when you game? Have you overclocked anything?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-buzzing-whining-at-very-high-fps.207333/
Relevancy 13.33%

Hey , I am not good at computers
plz help me to choose the best and cheap graphic card for my computer
the details of my computer are:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name PAWAN-PC
System Manufacturer WIPRO
System Model MS-7267
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz, 2792 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V17.21B6, 9/10/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name pawan-PC\pawan
Time Zone India Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 1.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 0.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 211 MB
Total Virtual Memory 1.99 GB
Available Virtual Memory 921 MB
Page File Space 1.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

A:What's the best and cheap video card for my computer?

I don't think that GPU will make any difference in your 'rig'

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-best-and-cheap-video-card-for-my-computer.207332/
Relevancy 12.9%

When I am playing a video with any browser it is very choppy (sound and video).
Even Window sounds are choppy. It seems like if I move the mouse it gets worse.

Computer is very slow to open programs, even though the system idle process
is at 99% before starting another progam. This happens even when no browser is open and the
anti-virus software is disabled.

I don't know is this is a software or hardware issue.

A:Computer very slow. Choppy video and audio playback from browsers

Post this here:
http://www.techspot.com/community/forums/virus-and-malware-removal.28/
See if they can help with this problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-very-slow-choppy-video-and-audio-playback-from-browsers.207159/
Relevancy 12.9%

Hello all,

I use an ADSL modem for accessing Internet in my home. I think my wifi password is stolen. I wanna change it but I have a computer only in my office and use the Internet in my home by my iPhone. Is there a way to change that password with my iPhone or should I surely use a computer to do that work, please?

A:How to change the Wifi password of an ADSL modem without a computer

Hello abbasi ,
You can use your iPhone to log in the router and change the wireless settings, however this isn't usually recommended. If something goes wrong when configuring the wireless settings and you are not able to connect to the router you'll need a device that can be connected via Ethernet cable to restore the access.
If this router is supplied by your ISP you can ask them if they have remote access to it to change the password.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-change-the-wifi-password-of-an-adsl-modem-without-a-computer.207093/
Relevancy 13.33%

I need a computer that can handle video editing, mainly Final Cut Pro and Adobe Suite. Right now I have a 5-year-old MacBook Pro that can't manage FCP let alone run any programs smoothly and quickly. I can't afford a MacPro, so I've been considering iMacs. What's my cheapest option that will get the job done? I've heard you can buy PCs and install Mac OS. Would that be my best option? (Having PC capabilities would be awesome, for light gaming). I want to save money but I don't want to buy anything that isn't equipped to handle video editing well (cause then I'm just wasting money). I want to stick with Mac OS, but I don't care about the design or whatever, so I'd happily get a PC and put Mac on it, but I don't know how I would go about doing that. So if you have any suggestions or advice, please let me know! Thanks!!

A:Buying new computer/OS for video editing

What is your budget (how much can you spend) for this new computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-computer-os-for-video-editing.207058/
Relevancy 14.62%

I laptop My wirelessly to will the connect not internet have had my laptop for around a year and it has always connected to the internet both wirelessly and through the cable Suddenly for no apparent reason about a week ago it stopped working All that I had done was turn on my quot Guest Account quot and download Skype It worked for a few minutes after this and then stopped completely- if I hovered over the wireless connection on the bottom right of my screen there is a big red cross and it tells me that there are no wireless networks available in the range We have another laptop which we use from My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet the exact same location within the My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet house and this connects no problem it also finds another or so wireless networks in the neighbourhood I know that there is not a problem with my router modem as I can connect via my other computer I have not done anything to the laptop except the installation above- I tried uninstalling this and turning off the Guest Account but still no joy I looked at other posts on here and tried some of the things suggested but still no joy I thought I would try to be clever also and think I have actually made this worse so that it is now beyond repair I know with most computer based things uninstalling and reinstalling it can work tried this and have now uninstalled my wireless network cannot now find where it is to reinstall If you are able to give me suggestions to fix this please treat me as a novice as although I know some things about computers I really don t know enough to decipher some of the more technical terms Thanks in advance nbsp

A:My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet

bangj001 said:

I have had my laptop for around a year and it has always connected to the internet both wirelessly and through the cable. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, about a week ago it stopped working.

All that I had done was turn on my "Guest Account" and download Skype. It worked for a few minutes after this and then stopped completely- if I hovered over the wireless connection on the bottom right of my screen, there is a big red cross and it tells me that there are no wireless networks available in the range.

We have another laptop which we use from the exact same location within the house and this connects no problem, it also finds another 7 or so wireless networks in the neighbourhood.

I know that there is not a problem with my router/modem as I can connect via my other computer. I have not done anything to the laptop except the installation above- I tried uninstalling this and turning off the Guest Account but still no joy.

I looked at other posts on here and tried some of the things suggested but still no joy.... I thought I would try to be clever also and think I have actually made this worse so that it is now beyond repair!! I know with most computer based things, uninstalling and reinstalling it can work... tried this and have now uninstalled my wireless network...cannot now find where it is to reinstall!

If you are able to give me suggestions to fix this, please treat me as a novice as although I know some things about computers, I really don't know enough to decipher some of the more technical terms! Thanks in advanceClick to expand...

I assume you're using some sort of windows machine. Have you tried a system restore to a previous state when the OS used to work?
if not you should try that first by going to Programs>accesories>system tools> system re-store and select a time from when the laptop used to work fine.

Mm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-will-not-connect-wirelessly-to-the-internet.158976/
Relevancy 13.33%

I have been thinking about buying a really good Gaming Computer, and now I have no idea which computer or specs to actually get. I want something cheap but don't mind expensive. I also heard that custom built computers are better than already engineered computers. I was checking out http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-B85-Configurator but like I said I don't know what specs to get for this computer. I want a computer that can support any game like any call of duty, minecraft, LoL, WoW, etc. and maybe posting videos on YouTube or others. Please help and thank you for your attention.

Please comment the specs

A:A good gaming computer

That is a good place to have a computer built as far as specs go there is no computer specs that have to be met, a good PSU is good in any machine, a reasonable mobo is needed in any machine. I prefer ASUS but they will be the highest if top of the line. if u are going to overclock make sure it is over clockable and make sure the processor is over
clockcable and yes they both have the ability, although the board will just put the # down. any video card will play games, but the newer ones should give u more frames, and last longer. as far as the processor AMD or Intel will be fine. and that site will e-mail u if the MOBO and processor will not work together.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-good-gaming-computer.206756/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi I have also been experinsing these problems. I am a video game player as well and whenever I try to play on my laptop my internet disconnects. But all my other devices that use wifi work fine. Also there is nothing wrong with my computer because it works fine on other networks such as my schools. I recently moved and am now using a different internet provider ,centerylink. I think I have to change my modem channel but centurylinks website were you change modem settings is a scam. The website does not work and my parents think theres something wrong with my computer and are refusing to change internet service providers. So I am wondering how If I can change modem channels a different way.

Moderator note - This post removed from this thread: http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-keeps-disconnecting-randomly.205710/#post-1439822 to avoid hijacking.

A:Internet disconnects

Hi, You might have another wifi signal very close to your house that is on 'your' channel, it happens.
You can only move your channel to one of three different frequencies, that is the lowest, the middle or the highest one. So say your current channel is 6, there is no point going to 7, it's still too close.
If the 'other' problem wifi channel near you is say '1' then you should try to go to the other end of the range.
You change your WiFi channel in your router, then your laptop will find it.
You don't need a website to do that, it's between your laptop and your router.
You make the changes through any web browser, and the details will probably be on the label of your router.
But this might not the problem, although it's a fairly easy one to 'fix' if it is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnects.206830/
Relevancy 12.47%

Printer Problems in Windows XP sp3
Dell Personal Printer all in one A940
After trying to speed up an older computer running Windows XP
I may have cut off the Print Spooler (or it was already off ?)
I went back to Services dialog box & selected Print Spooler
I clicked the "Start" link at left of service list & got a message tgat said
"could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start."
Printer is still not working can anyone help?

A:Could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068

On Win/7 the dependencies are

HTTP

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
DCOM Server Process Launcher
RPC Endpoint Mapper
Manually start each on and set to AUTOSTART as you go.
If one fails, then that is the root problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-start-print-spooler-service-on-local-computer-error-1068.206839/
Relevancy 14.62%

The (Tp internet connect to 740n) router link via Unable to router worked fine in the past until recently my ISP had a break in the cable line and repaired it Now I am unable to connect to the internet If Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n) I connect the ISP s LAN cable directly to PC windows and do the following steps Control panel gt View network stats and tasks Setup a new connection or network gt Connect to the internet gt Next Broadband PPPOE gt Next Type in username password gt Connect Internet works fine This means there is no problem with the internet connection However if I connect the ISP s LAN cable to the quot blue quot port of the router and the short LAN cable to my PC then do the following steps Open http tplinklogin net It shows me router config page Click Quick setup gt Next Select PPPoE gt Next Type in username password gt Next Leave the Wireless Page untouched gt Next Click Reboot Wait till router reboots It does not work the router page shows quot Connecting quot but does not connect at all Here s the router log TL-WR N System Log Time - - s H-Ver WR N v S-Ver Build Rel n L M W PPPoE W M G st day OTHER INFO User clear system log st day PPP NOTICE PPPoE start connecting st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x nbsp

A:Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n)

Please help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-router-tp-link-740n.206843/
Relevancy 24.94%

Now I know this question has been asked quite a few times but the results always vary and it appears really dependent on the hw So Recently I have been hearing an interrupted high pitched whistle from the case It is not too loud but interrupts when pitched High whistle PC coming from somewhere I need to ex read High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC something and concentrate It is not a singular long beep High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC but series of small beeps When I opened the case I tried to High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC listen where it goes from it does not appear to whistle from the electric source and CPU Graphics Net card Motherboard are too close to each other to properly determine I tried to listen with a straw but it always appears to emanate from someplace else when using this method I tried to dust everything firm the screws nothing helped The issue started about two or three weeks back I purchased the PC about a year ago and the user have not reported anything similar the last change was adding a new CPU fan about four months ago The Rig Mobo ASUS M N -AM SLV CPU AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor CPU Fan Coolermaster Hyper Evo Ram x GB PC AM Vga AMD Radeon FDD in apacer sln HDD seagate GB sln E C Cdrom DVDRW LG sln Advice very much appreciated nbsp

A:High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC

That noise could be either:

FAN
HDD
PSU

Is this system OC = overclocked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-pitched-whistle-coming-somewhere-from-pc.206833/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi there!

I recently have come across an issue where my internet randomly disconnects, mostly while on Skype or downloading video games and cannot figure out the issue at all. It usually downloads fine for about 1 minute and then disconnects completely. 0kbps and internet drops on my computer alone.

I'm kinda new to tech forums so if you guys need any information let me know.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting randomly

Hi, I had this problem a few years ago, which was fixed by buying a new USB wireless dongle.
But if you are using wireless connection to the router, try an ethercable instead and see if the same thing happens.
Are you using a laptop? If so it could be faulty wireless 802.11 board.
If you are using a USB wireless adapter, it could that the pc is turning off the power to the USB ports to 'save power', that can be changed if required.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-keeps-disconnecting-randomly.205710/
Relevancy 12.9%

My 320 GB Seagate external hard drive is detected but not showing up in my computer. What should I do?

In cmd> diskpart> list volume it does not show up. (screenshot attached)

In Device Manager it gets detected. (screenshot attached)

In disk management it shows up as 'unallocated'. If I initialize it, will I lose all data on the drive? It had 4 partitions. (screenshot attached)

In My Computer also it does not show up. (screenshot attached)
Even BIOS recognizes it.

What to do? I don't want to lose any data on the drive. If I initialize it in device manager will I lose data?

I was installing window XP on my computer, usually I remove the external drive but this time I did not. The external drive was shown as 4 drives in partition manager during installation. But the installation failed. The next time I was installing windows again, the external drive was shown as 1 single unknown or unrecognized drive. I'm not sure if it was unknown or unrecognized. I'm sure I didn't format it. So what I need to do now? I don't want to lose any data.

A:Seagate external hard drive not showing up in my computer. It is detected.

Yes, if you initialize it you will 'lose' everything. You will want to try something like [email protected] Recovery or maybe Easeus Partition Recovery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-in-my-computer-it-is-detected.205926/
Relevancy 15.05%

My internet will just crash every minutes to sometimes seconds and the crashing only last about 10 seconds. It really gets annoying. its been happening for a couple months now and I have no idea how to fix it. I'm using cable and it seems to only happen to me in the house my brothers laptop isn't affected by the crashing, if anybody knows how to fix the problem please tell me.
EDIT oh and it happens randomly like say its could crash one day then it wont crash the next day. Or it could crash for one hour and not crash for the next 3 hours.

A:Internet Crashing

I'm using cable and it seems to only happen to me in the house my brothers laptop isn't affected by the crashing,Click to expand...

I guess you are saying that at your house, your Internet connection has problems but your brother's laptop does not.
Crashing(what: your system versus your browser) or Disconnecting?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-crashing.206507/
Relevancy 15.48%

Hello techspot community I m new here and I apologize in advance if I ve done something incorrectly using internet my LAN In short any computer I access via LAN that is connected directly to my router uses up internet data For instance if I watch a movie stored on a computer connected directly to my router though it is being streamed through my LAN my net usage gets eaten up quickly from it This also happens with software such as teamviewer and splashtop even when set to accept LAN exclusively Whats odd is even when I disconnect my modem from my router and watch a movie my router still says data is being passed solely through the internet and a lot of it So I m LAN using my internet almost certain the issue is with the router but not entirely sure what Interesting enough when I access a computer that is connected to my router by wireless from a wireless device there isn t any issues consuming my internet when using the LAN I find this to be a huge problem as on the first of this month I decided to watch some HD movies over my LAN and it used up over gigabytes of data which I confirmed from my ISP I have to pay for that usage even though I wasn t actually using the internet This problem is quite new I m not sure exactly when it started but I haven t had this issue for the first months I owned this router it must have been something I changed in the router options but I haven t yet found what it could be Addition info ASUS RT-N U wireless router ASUS router is bridged from a Hitron modem Win Ult OS What I ve already tried Monitored my internet traffic to conclude the problem Contacted my ISP everyone was confused and no one was able to help Reformatted a single computer connected directly to my router so see if it was software related didn t help Went through router options intensely without success Tried multiple computers directly connected to the router and issue persists with newly connected computers Upgraded my modem to see if that was an issue it wasn t Updated router firmware to the latest didn t help Gone through the network sharing options from OS thoroughly Any suggestions regarding this is much appreciated Though already implied I want to ensure the understanding that even file transfers from one computer to another on my own network is using my internet data for some odd reason nbsp

A:LAN using my internet

The ONLY way I can think of this happening is if you are using some type of media server that you are allowing web access to your library with AND then you are connecting to that service online to view your local media. Like Plex Media Server will allow you to do that if you set it up to, I'm sure there are other softwares that do that as well. But that is not default behavior.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-using-my-internet.206003/
Relevancy 12.9%

Hi,

I'm using a Huawei Mobile Broadband E303 and I've been having this problem for 6-7 days now Ples halp
It was working perfectly fine before but now the speed wont go past 60-70kbps.
My current operating system is windows 7 ( V 6.1.7601 )

I've tried using it on other laptops with windows 7/xp/vista as their operating systems still the same problem except for my brothers laptop which runs on windows 8. and dont tell me that this Thing wont work because its not compatible with my operating system, because I've been using it for over a year without an issue.

My ipconfig shows:
Mobile Broadband adapter Mobile Broadband Connection:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::7450:69bc:7a3e:fee8%57
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 172.22.155.137
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.252
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 172.22.155.138
And when I try to do nslookup:
C:\Windows\system32>nslookup
Default Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8

The default server shouldn't be that thing. please help. Nor the address

Edit: I've tried Uninstalling the Program which came with the USB.
I've tried calling my ISP, with no problems on their end.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/your-computer-seems-to-be-correctly-configured-but-the-device-or-resource-dns-server-not-respondin.206332/
Relevancy 13.33%

Randomly, about 2-3 weeks ago my computer began to run slowly. If I'm just browsing the internet or using word documents and things like that it is fine and I cannot tell. The problem lies in things like playing games or running programs like itunes. I checked for all virus/malware, and there was nothing that I could see. I did a defrag and cleaned/cleared the registry and temp folder. Does this sound like it could be a hardware or driver problem? If its not a virus, could you give me a few other reason a computer would start doing this randomly.

A:Computer runs slow

Overheating? What are the computers specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-runs-slow.179236/
Relevancy 14.62%

My internet started to become slow out of no where and I didn't mess with my router/modem or any computer settings so I'm guessing it's a hardware problem. Pages take a while to load, some don't load (Unable to connect to webpage message), or sometimes they won't load completely. I've had this happen 3 times over the past years, even with different routers/modems/ISP's, my internet would be working normally for a few months and then it'd dramatically get slower. I've always thought it was my router causing the problems, potentially screwing up and degrading my modem's performance. It must be that Netgear routers are awful, as that's the only brand of routers I've had over the years.

I'm on my desktop, and have my modem connected to my router. I'm connected to the internet via cable since my desktop doesn't have WiFi.
Got 58mb/s download speed and 12mb/s upload speed on speedtest. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Edit: I have the same problem with every browser if you're wondering.

A:Internet suddenly slow and pages not loading completely

Have you tried having your ISP run a line check.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-suddenly-slow-and-pages-not-loading-completely.206046/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi I'm not a tech-y person so I'm just hoping that someone can help me.

I recently bought a new laptop it's a Lenovo G40
System:

Intel Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz 2.40 GHz
RAM: 4.00GB
64-bit Operating System
Windows 8.1 Single Language
I got home, downloaded and installed Firefox for me to use as my default browser. I got to use it for awhile (about 3 hrs) then I tried going on Facebook and it was taking too long to load. Then I tried it on my phone, it loaded faster than on my laptop. I tried searching (on both devices) random stuff on google (e.g. Miley Cyrus) and it took my laptop about 3 mins to load and my phone only took less than a minute to load. I did a speedtest on my laptop and I got 3.4mbps as a result (that's fast enough right?).

I really hope someone could help me with this because I'm currently student and I have a lot of requirements to do and I can't do that without a laptop and internet.

A:Slow internet on laptop but fast on phone

So, all 3 are on WiFi. Can you run a test with either of the laptops connected with an Ethernet cable and let us know the results? I suspect your wireless router has 802.11N, and that your phone supports it but your PCs only support 802.11G. 802.11N and G don't always play nicely together, and no 802.11G implementations is ever going to deliver 49Mbps of application layer throughput.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet-on-laptop-but-fast-on-phone.205723/
Relevancy 13.33%

These are the specs I have so far,

MSI X99S Gaming 7 Motherboard
i7 5820K
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4)
2x MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4GB SLI
Cosair Hydro Series H80i
Cosair HX1000i 80plus Platinum 1000W (For future maybe a third gtx970)
Coolermaster Cosmos 2 Ultra
Samsung EVO 250GB (OS)
2x Samsung EVO 1TB (Main Games)
2x Western Digital Black 3TB (Other older games and programs)
Windows 7 Pro 64x

Other various fans (going with a black and blue theme outside and red and white inside)

Plenty for max setting at that resolution?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/parts-for-3440x1440-computer.205962/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello there,
I have seen that you are knowledgeable regarding pc, and have also seen tht you resolved successfully several threads.

I have a laptop and up to yesterday I could connect to the internet through wifi and cable. But today I cannot.

Here you can see my wifi.txt : https://www.dropbox.com/s/27g7g6xzqb8al1e/myWifi.txt?dl=0
and here my wired: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5nwfr6nwafoj1a/myWired.txt?dl=0
I uninstalled bitdefender to no avail.
Yesterday I was experimenting with this software: hotspot shield, bot revolt, ghostsurf. I uninstalled it yesterday and internet was working fine after that. I am just mentioning it.
I have win 8.1
I dont have any red in device mgr.

I am looking forward to your answer.
I hope you can help me
Kind regards
nisidotatos

A:Connected to internet, but no access

I'm posting a Win/8 solution solved in a private conversation. After proving that TCP could PING and use NSLOOKUP, it is time to suspect browser settings - - here's the solution:

jobeard said:

IE(9) -> Internet Options
General Tab
set homepage too www.google.com/

Security Tab
[x] enable protected mode

Connections Tab
at the bottom click Lan settings button
[x] Automatic detect settings SHOULD BE ON
[ ] auto script OFF
[ ] use a proxy OFF

Advanced Tab
[x] software rendering instead of GPU
Browsing
[x] disable script debugging (there's 2 of these)
HTTP 1.1
[x] both boxes
International
[x] send IDN names
[x] send UTF-8
Security
[x] check publisher revocation
[x] check certificate
[x] check signatures on downloads
[x] enable Windows Authentication
[x] enable memory protection
[x] use SSL 3.0
[x] use TLS 1.0
[x] use TLS 1.1
[x] use TSL 1.2
[x] warn certificate address mismatch
[x] warn if postClick to expand...

nisidotatos said:

It worked.
it was a problem here:
Connections Tab
at the bottom click Lan settings button
[x] Automatic detect settings SHOULD BE ON
[ ] auto script OFF
[ ] use a proxy OFF

the auto was off, and also a vpn required was on, which I deactivated.
It is working now.
This is great.
I thank you so much.
If you ever come to Greece, give me a call!!!Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-internet-but-no-access.205805/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello, I've had this problem for a good while and cant seem to find many answers. What happens is that I will be online and everything is fine untill my wife or daughter decide to get on to one of their devices that use the same wifi (ipad, ipod, phone) and everyone will get disconnected. After 2 or 3 minutes everyone will be able to connect again, for a few minutes at least, then we will get disconnected again. Rinse repeat.

Our router is a Belkin wireless G-plus mimo, Model# f509230-4
Modem is Westell model 6100, e90-610015-06
My wireless router in the bedroom connected to the PC is a linksys wusb6300 (blinks orange light at the time of dissconnect)

Any ideas on how we can stop constantly disconnecting each other would be greatly appreciated.

*just saw I posted this in the wrong place..ugh

Moderator note: Moved.

A:Disconnecting from internet when others use the wifi

Two suggestions:

First, make sure you have the latest firmware for that router

Second, after updating the firmware, access the router config and set the MTU to 1492.

This will stop packet fragmentation and all devices will then be protected from a packet reassembly overflow condition, failing all existing connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disconnecting-from-internet-when-others-use-the-wifi.205777/
Relevancy 14.19%

24x7 - Low Power Consumption ? Internet Download Machine

I want to build a System that has LOW POWER Consumption.

Use:

Mostly Downloading Stuffs , Might Host Own Cloud too , Email Clients , IRC Clients , Other Internet Connected Apps

I was thinking of a Kabini System

Athlon 5350 (25 W TDP) & Some AM1 Mother Board

http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopAPUDetail.aspx?id=105

Again I was thinking about the Intel G3258 Anniversary edition processor (But it has Much Larger TDP)

It should be A Windows 7 Machine . Not Linux or other what nots !

But I am Here for some Advice. I already told you my requirements.

Advise me - What should I do ?
I only want to buy

Processor + Motherboard + RAM

&

SMPS (PSU) + HDD

I have the rest

A:Hardware Suggestions - 24x7 - Low Power Consumption Internet Connected PC

Hmm; Why is power consumption a hi priority issue - - are you running off a solar powered system or portable generator?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-24x7-low-power-consumption-internet-connected-pc.205627/
Relevancy 13.33%

A few months ago my computer started crashing when playing games. The screen would turn either black, white, (or once pink), the fan/fans would max out, and the audio would just change to a loud buzzing sound. This would continue until the laptop was turned off.
Around that time, one of my hard drives was failing. We thought, seeing as it fitted so well, that it was the problem. I've just had the hard drives replaced, and while it was running perfectly for a few days, it has now started to crash again, and far more frequently. Most of the time just after the desktop loads.

I'm currently running in safe mode, and that's perfectly fine. No crashing.
I've tried disabling my audio drivers, and rolling back my video card driver, but with no success. I'm assuming that as safe mode has no problems that it must relate to a driver, or, some software, but I have no real clue what I'm talking about.

My video card is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M, if that's important. No idea what other information to include. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

A:Computer crashes increasingly often

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. If there are any .dmp files, select them all and right-click, sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as file here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-increasingly-often.205623/
Relevancy 13.33%

Hello guys..I have a same a problem..I cant play any of my mouse in my laptop..can u help me to fix it..thank you so much.

Moderator note: Moved from this thread: http://www.techspot.com/community/t...t-computer-is-not-frozen.183253/#post-1430301

A:Can't move my mouse, but computer is not frozen

You can't use any USB mice in your laptop? How many have you tried?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-move-my-mouse-but-computer-is-not-frozen.205615/
Relevancy 13.33%

Hello all,

I'm reading this (http://wps.pearsoned.com/ecs_kurose_compnetw_6/) networking book.
The exercise no 13 of chapter one says:

P13. (a) Suppose N packets arrive simultaneously to a link at which no packets are currently being transmitted or queued. Each packet is of length L and the link has transmission rate R. What is the average queuing delay for the N packets?

(b) Now suppose that N such packets arrive to the link every LN/R seconds. What is the average queuing delay of a packet?

I've obtained these for (a) and (b):

(a): (N-1)/2 L/R sec.
(b): For nth LN/R: [n(N-1)-2(n-1)]/2 L/R sec.

1- Are these answers correct?
2- Is here a correct place for posting such problems?

A:Computer networking exercises

My my; Network theory. Not to dampen your efforts, but unless there's a switch, knob, or parameter that can alter the outcome, there's little practical use of this kind of information IMO.

As an example of a practical issue, the SACKOPTS paramater greatly improves TCP performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-networking-exercises.205528/
Relevancy 12.9%

Hello,

I'm really new to the tech/ computer world, and know next to nothing about graphics cards. I was wondering if someone could help me figure out what graphics card I can upgrade my computer to (if I can upgrade at all) I was wanting to buy the new Sims 4 game, but after having played a very slow and choppy Sims 3 for years on this computer, I'm ready to actually play a game smoothly without it freezing all the time.

Here's what computer I have:
Compaq Presario PC SR5601P
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 4400
Dual-Core Processor
Memory: 1 GB
Hard drive: 250 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics
Windows Vista SP 1

Thanks!

A:Unsure of what graphics card my computer can upgrade to

Sims 4 System Requirements & your PC system results

For Sims 4 according to the link above, your CPU GPU and memory is lacking for even the minimum system specs. We can recommend a GPU, but that's not all you need if you plan on playing Sims 4. And if you get a stronger GPU, chances are you will also need a stronger PSU. If 300W's is all you have for power, you are limited to sub $100 graphic cards. Which would be fine for Sims 4, but then you also have a CPU and memory that needs upgrading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unsure-of-what-graphics-card-my-computer-can-upgrade-to.205298/
Relevancy 15.05%

On WiFi bars always but I keep getting disconnected every couple minutes It reconnects a minute later and runs for another mins or every or so minutes five off Internet Shutting so Its an endless process Would appreciate any help Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Student Internet Shutting off every five minutes or so ATTENTION The logged in user is not administrator on - - at Running from quot C Users Student Downloads quot Microsoft Windows Enterprise Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore SDRSVC Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of SDRSVC service is OK The ImagePath of SDRSVC service is OK The ServiceDll of SDRSVC service is OK VSS Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of VSS service is OK The ImagePath of VSS service is OK System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Windows Defender Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Defender quot DisableAntiSpyware quot DWORD Other Services File Check C Windows System nsisvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System dhcpcore dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers afd sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers tdx sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System Drivers tcpip sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System dnsrslvr dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System mpssvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System bfe dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers mpsdrv sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System SDRSVC dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System vssvc exe gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wscsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wbem WMIsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wuaueng dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System qmgr dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System es dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System cryptsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System ipnathlp dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System iphlpsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System svchost exe gt File is digitally signed C Windows System rpcss dll gt File is digitally signed End of log nbsp

A:Internet Shutting off every five minutes or so

First, if your ISP is over a DSL line, make sure every device connected to the phone wall jack(s) have a filter installed.

Second, get the latest firmware for your Modem && the router installed.

Lastly, on your router, find and set the MTU to 1492 which will stop packet fragmentation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-shutting-off-every-five-minutes-or-so.205339/
Relevancy 14.62%

My internet wont work, ive tried using both crome and IE but both browsers say that I am not connected to the internet despite the fact my computer says that I am connected to the internet. I know its not a network problem because my other devices are connecting fine. Also I tried connecting to the wifi at home and at school and it still does not work. My laptop is a HP ProBook 6390b and I am using windows 7. This problem started occurring after about 4 months disuse of my laptop which I think might be a factor as to why its not working. I have run windows updater and run a scan with my antivirus but still nothing helps. Thank you for any assistance in advance.

A:Internet wont work on laptop

Have you kept up and installed all the Windows 7 updates and are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-wont-work-on-laptop.204944/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello guys,
I built myself a new PC and it is pretty loud so I am worried I didn't made a good seal between thermal paste and a CPU, I use a stock AMD cooler and the CPU is AMD Athlon X4 760K, no overclocking.
Max temperatures that my BIOS showed was I think 69°C-71°C.
Should I be worried and should I replace thermal paste or it's all OK?
Thanks in advance.

A:High temperatures on AMD CPU?

That seems a bit hot. AMD recommends that the 760K stay below 74C and you are approaching that point. I would recommend putting $35 into a Hyper 212 Evo. that will ensure cool temps on the cheap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-temperatures-on-amd-cpu.205049/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi I m using windows OS and Internet DSL Wifi but Router modem not through connected through using Reliance DSL broadband When I connect to internet directly through modem Internet is accessed but when I use D-Link DIR- Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router router Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router It shows you are offline and shows limited connectivity Ip configuration through wired connection is as below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway When I try to connect with wifi It shows limited connectivity and I can t open login page for ISP Ip config when connected through wifi is below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway C Users Hiren s gt nbsp

A:Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router

I also tried friend's TP-Link router, with my Cable, Then it connects perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connected-through-dsl-modem-but-not-through-wifi-router.205006/
Relevancy 14.62%

I have spent the last days trying to get my WiFi to connect Connection Ethernet not through Internet but WiFi to the Internet and am ready to throw the computer and all its additional equipment out of the window Amongst a collection of other laptops and a desktop running different systems - Windows XP Vista Windows and Windows - I have an old Acer Aspire running Windows XP Pro SP I use it mainly for midi file work and as a host for Visual Studio which I keep for maintenance of some programs written many years ago but still in use by some of my friends and for which I require frequent searches on the Internet Just recently for no apparent reason the WiFi on this laptop suddenly stopped working I have been using an Edimax EW- Usg wireless adapter Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi which has never given any trouble in the past to connect with my home network through a router modem supplied by my ISP Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi Since every other computer iPhone iPad and Kindle connects to the same network and works perfectly I have to assume that there is no problem with that router Also the problem laptop connects perfectly via the ethernet cable It just won t work on WiFi alone I have checked my wireless connections setup including TCP IP and can find no problem devices in Device manager I have searched for solutions on the internet and tried everything I can find - I have scanned my hard disk with Panda Antivirus have downloaded and run MalwareBytes I have tried changing the router channel I have tried setting the ipconfig values Nothing makes any difference When I attach the wireless adapter there is usually a message telling me the connection has quot limited or no internet access quot At this point ipconfig all shows the default values for the configuration If I try repairing the connection I am told that the process cannot continue for one reason or another though on occasion it connects when I close the message box However the adapter still shows quot acquiring IP Address quot and hangs there Here ipconfig all shows the correct configuration In both situations the only ipaddress I can ping is the host PC - the problem one Every other IP whether in numerical form such as Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi the router or alphabetical form such as google com returns either a quot timeout quot or a quot cannot find quot message and of course I cannot connect to the internet I have tried clearing the ipconfig I ve forgotten the command and followed it with ipconfig renew but that won t work I have repaired winsock using Microsoft s instructions and I have become quot war-weary quot trying to make sense of the whole thing I am trying not to have to re-install Windows XP and the associated updating of all programs so as a last resort I tried probably unsuccessfully to uninstall Edimax In the end after using Add and Remove to clear as much as possible I just deleted the complete folder from Program Files Then I installed the software for an old Belkin Wireless USB Adapter which I had lying around and tried it The outcome was exactly the same The Belkin software has one advantage however - it allows the user to opt to control the adapter through Windows though I still could not make it work I just don t know enough to solve this one Any ideas anyone BarrieC St ckM n nbsp

A:Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi

Have you tried using another adapter? Or tried using the adapter on another computer? Just to rule out if the adapter is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-through-ethernet-but-not-wifi.196216/
Relevancy 13.33%

I have been upgrading an old Compaq Presario SR5130NX.
I'm new to the computer scene, and decided to switch the PSU to 230V, just to see what would happen. It exploded. That's what happened. I installed a new PSU, and now, whenever I turn on the PC, there is an error message saying "CPU fan has failed" and the PC shuts down automatically before I can access the set up, or bios. My case is currently open however, and I can see that the fan is working so I think the motherboard got messed up, and I'm afraid this could have also damaged my graphics card and memory.

My motherboard is a m2n68-la (ivy) and here are the product specifications: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&product=3436820&tmp_track_link=ot_search#N96

Can anyone tell me what's going on? Can this be fixed, or should I just get a new motherboard and start from scratch?

If I'm posting this in the wrong section, please point me in the right direction.

A:Is my computer dead?

Unplug from wall socket.
reset bios by removing bios battery for few seconds. reinsert bios battery.
check if cpu fan is still attached to cpu fan header and is still intact.
check 20+4 main power connector
check 4-pin auxiliary power connector (can be 4+4, depending on motherboard)
(check the motherboard for any burnt marks, bloated capacitors.)
plug to wall socket and turn on.

if unable to power up computer, then maybe the motherboard is dead.
if the motherboard has any burnt marks or bloated capacitors, don't use it as it maybe dead.

if you are going to build a new budget build:
processor: intel Pentium g3258
cpu cooler: coolermaster hyper 212 evo (or 212x)
motherboard: h81, b85, h97, or z97
memory: 4gb ddr3-1600 single memory module (or 2x4gb)
gpu: NVidia gtx 750, amd r9 260
storage: 1tb hdd
psu: seasonic 500w+
case

alternate build:
processor: i5-4690k
cpu cooler: coolermaster hyper212 evo (or 212x)
motherboard: asus/asrock z97
memory: 2x4gb ddr3-1600 (or 2x8gb)
gpu: NVidia gtx 760 or amd r9 270x (or higher)
storage: 256gb Samsung 840 evo ssd + 3tb Seagate hdd or 2tb wd black hdd
psu: seasonic 600W+ for single gpu usage
case

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-computer-dead.204809/