Windows Support Forum

Solved: Event log service will not start - error 126

Q: Solved: Event log service will not start - error 126

Hi All I m having a problem with my wireless networking on XP whereby no wireless networks can be found Basically it says quot one or more wireless networks will start not service error Event - Solved: log 126 are in range quot but when i click the bubble it shows no networks at all even when i refresh Normally it Solved: Event log service will not start - error 126 shows my home network access point about metres away along with around - other networks from various neighbours The issue is on the desktop PC not the access point as the laptop i m typing this from is connecting fine After spending many hours trying everything I can find on forums related to this issue and ruling out solutions one by one i ve narrowed it down to a probable specific issue with something called the quot event Log Service quot From browsing forums I think fixing this issue will fix my problem - either way it s definately giving an error message that sounds not nice Under Computer Management - Services The Event Log is set to Automatic but is not running I try to start it it gives the following error quot Could not start the Event Log Service on Local Computer Error The specified module cannot be found quot A similar error occurs with something called quot Task Scheduler quot in the same place - except this time the second part is quot Error The interface is unknown quot Does anyone have any ideas re how to reinstall these components or otherwise fix this computer I do not want to have to reinstall windows etc As I mentioned tried finding an existing solution online but nothing works - I have tried all the obvious things like removing and reinstalling the wireless network driver etc nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Event log service will not start - error 126

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all,

i tried loading the eventvwr.msc file from system32 folder directly as well as from the administrator tools, but i get:

"event log service is unavailable. verify that the service is running."

so i try to start the event log service, from the services.msc program;
whenever i try to start windows event log from services i get the message:

"Windows could not start the windows event log service on local computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

how can i specify the path?
or
how can i resolve the problem?

any help would be appreciated please---thanks

A:HELP need to solve this problem asap - Unable to start event viewer/event log service

Fire up regedit and find this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog

With "Eventlog" highlighted on the left pane, you should be able to see a value called "ImagePath" on the right. ImagePath should be equal to this:

%SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted

If you can't see "ImagePath" in that location, or if it's not set to the text above, that's almost certainly your problem. If you're in the habit of using "registry cleaners", that might be the cause.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/223413-help-need-solve-problem-asap-unable-start-event-viewer-event-log-service.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all,

i tried loading the eventvwr.msc file from system32 folder directly as well as from the administrator tools, but i get:

"event log service is unavailable. verify that the service is running."

so i try to start the event log service, from the services.msc program;
whenever i try to start windows event log from services i get the message:

"Windows could not start the windows event log service on local computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

how can i specify the path?
or
how can i resolve the problem?

any help would be appreciated please---thanks

A:Unable to start event viewer/event log service on vista

By the way the OS is a Vista Home Prem without SP1. and i have searched this problem extensively, finding no solutions.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-start-event-viewer-event-log-service-on-vista-367739.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I am logged on as administrator.  Usin Win7 Ultimate 32 bit.  can not start Event Log service.  Any suggestions?

A:Windows could not start the Windows Event Log service on Local Compurter. Error 5: Access is denied

Hi Bob,

This issue can be caused due to the incorrect permission settings for the administrators group.

I would like to suggest you perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. In the "Start" menu, locate "Command Prompt". Right-click and choose "Run as Administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. Type the following commands, then press "Enter" to execute them one by one. Please note the space before the command and its parameter.

takeown /f C:\windows\system32\logfiles\wmi\rtbackup
cacls C:\windows\system32\logfiles\wmi\rtbackup /G administrators:F

3.   Restart the computer to check the issue.

What’s the result?Arthur Li - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/44479c49-55e6-4bd7-b25e-3f2a6497306e/windows-could-not-start-the-windows-event-log-service-on-local-compurter-error-5-access-is-denied?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi Everyone I am trying to fix up my parents computer that is Start Service Event Log Won't running Vista Home Premium but I can't get the Event Log Service to start and as a result Task Scheduler won't start either nor will any of the services that require Task Scheduler in Event Log Service Won't Start order to work like defrag Not sure if it is what is causing System Restore to not work as well but it isn't working either System Restore appeared to be working as programs like Revo can make restore points but I cannot make one manually and of course it doesn't make the scheduled restore points due to Task Scheduler not working I did not notice that I couldn't make restore points in System Restore until after I ran the Windows Repair from Tweaking com The Windows Repair program caused some problems so I went to use System Restore only to find that Windows Repair program had deleted all of them even the one I told the Windows Repair to create wasn't there That program also caused some other problems but thankfully the registry backup I had it make was there which helped me resolve the problems it created It was then that I tried to make a restore point Event Log Service Won't Start and found I could not do it In any case I am left with my original problem of the Event Log Service not starting which I need to have running in order to have the Task Scheduler work Both are set to automatic in services but neither will start When I try to start the Event Log Service I get a Error The authentication service is unknown When I try to start the Task Scheduler I get Error The dependency service or group failed to start Everything else seems to be working fine and it appears that the problem with the Event Log Service may have been caused by the updates that windows did on the system June as that is the last time there was anything written in the events log I have thought about uninstalling the dozen or so updates that were installed that day but not sure if that would fix it even if it was an update that broke it I found online that some people have had a problem with the Event Log Service and were able to fix it by resetting the winsock but their problems seemed to also involve the internet which mine do not Nevertheless I tried it but it didn't work I also tried just disabling the Event Log Service and restarting the computer then resetting it to automatic and restarting the computer but that didn't work either Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this Thank you for any help anyone can give it would be very appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/628487/event-log-service-wont-start/
Relevancy 66.65%

Windows 7 64-bit SP15

My Dell Latitude e6420 is having problems as of the past week. An error comes up on every reboot or startup of my machine. The "Failed to Start System Event Notification Service" error would come up on my screen down in the taskbar. Details below of startup:Laptop comes up slow.
Login and once desktop shows that error appears on my screen and sometimes my audio service isn't working (but it can't be the the driver for my video/audio card because sometimes it works and other things will crash meaning a corruption of some system driver.)
Takes 5-10 minutes for machine to fully boot.
Look at event log and shows Event ID Error 7026 every reboot.
I cannot find a fix for this error and nothing seems to be working. Please help with any information. Thanks.

A:Failed to Start System Event Notification Service

Windows Server 2008: Event ID 7026 this article just says what you are thinking seems to be correct. have you looked in device manager to see if there are any warning signs in there?
when your in event viewer, isn't there a link with the error that gives some help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/failed-to-start-system-event-notification-service-597183.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Okay, I am a pretty technical user, and I am really struggling with this issue, and I wasn't 100% sure which section to post this in. I used to share videos over my network with multiple xboxs and a ps3. I recently installed Norton Internet Security on my system, and after doing so, I was not able to stream videos anymore. I tried changing firewall settings, and permissions and such, but could not get it to work, so I uninstalled NIS from my system. After doing so, the Windows 7 firewall service will not start. If i look at the event log, it gives me Event ID 7024 : The Windows Firewall service terminated with service-specific error Access is denied.. I have run the norton removal tool, and this has not fixed the problem.

A:Windows 7 firewall service will not start. Event ID 7024

I solved the problem! I followed the instructions here.
Windows Firewall damaged by 'Windows 7 antivirus 2012'

Sorry to bother you guys.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249192-windows-7-firewall-service-will-not-start-event-id-7024-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Has anyone seen this error. MS has a wonderful description, "an internal error has occurred". We rebooted this server on Friday and it worked until this morning (Monday) and is back to reporting failure to find the counters in remote Perfmon. The Performance Logs and Alerts service is set to manual and when I attempt to start it, I get the error and the event log is Event 2003 (0x7D23).

This is a production server that cannot just be rebooted regularly.

TIA for any help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server2003-event-2003-perfmon-service-wont-start.752243/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,

I have several Win 7 machines that all have this same issue.

When you try to view the Event Log I get an error saying the service is not running.

The service is set to Automatic. When you try to start it you get the error below.

Windows could not start the Windows Event Log service on Local Computer.

Error 0x80007000e: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

I have tried everything I can to fix this and am now out of ideas. Not all Win 7 machines have this issue, but most in our network do.

Any thoughts.

A:Event Viewer will not start - Service not running - Not enough storage space

Hi,

According to the error message, there’s no enough storage on your drive.

How much feel space in your C drive? The default event log should be located in C:\Windows\System32\winevt\logs

Please replace these logs to other drive and restart the service to see if the same issue occurs.

Since the issue occur with many machines, the problem may related with the installation image. Did the image make by yourself? How did you deploy these Windows 7
PC? And did the issue appear in a new installed Windows 7 PC?

Furthermore, does your workaround is a domain? Please check if any GPOs were set to those PC.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Leo  
Huang

Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bb11e534-2990-48a3-9396-e34e44ed6d9c/event-viewer-will-not-start-service-not-running-not-enough-storage-space?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 64.93%

OK Now this is getting very annoying Apparently this problem has been going on for a long time Since but so infrequently that I haven t realized it And no I don t remember what I might have down then to start this problem Now I m getting the BSOD at least once a day The last time I wrote down the text and it listed the following quot DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL When I look into the event view the error lists the source as the Service Control Manager The detailed description states quot The USB SECURITY DEVICE service failed to start due to the following error The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it quot I have no idea what might have started this but I do know that it suddenly got much worse after I replaced my power supply BSOD-Event Vwr points to DEVICE USB failed SCM SECURITY & service start to The Fan Died and I shut down gracefully as soon as I got the first wiff or burnt electronics All has worked fine since then except for the increased Frequency of this BSOD-Event Vwr points to SCM & USB SECURITY DEVICE service failed to start BSOD I ll add my full system specs as soon as I get them from the everest pgm I just downloaded nbsp

A:BSOD-Event Vwr points to SCM & USB SECURITY DEVICE service failed to start

Hi GScooter,

I've investigate your minidumps and it is faulty ram. You can run memtest to stress the ram. If memtest reports the ram is faulty, ram is bad. However Memtest is not a perfect tool to test the memory as some faulty can pass memtest.

Suggestion
1. Reseat the memory stick to another memory slot
2. Downclock the ram
3. Clean the inside the computer case
4. Make sure that the ram is compatible to the motherboard
If it still crashes, diagnostic which memory stick is faulty
1. Take out one memory stick. If windows does not crash, the removed memory stick is faulty.
2. If you have only one memory stick, replace the ram

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-event-vwr-points-to-scm-usb-security-device-service-failed-to-start.34168/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi My name is Susan I found your forum when I was looking for a solution to a start-up error message I am now getting after having just installed Windows XP Service Pack I read how someone else on this forum Garcia I believe had a similar but not the message start-up error service 3 after pack [SOLVED] same error I hoped his solution would work for me but it didn't I too have recently added a D-Link Rangebooster G Desktop [SOLVED] start-up error message after service pack 3 Adapter to my computer after which I was sailing along happily until the following day Service Pack was downloaded and I received this message quot Air Plus CFG-exe-EntryPoint Not Found quot quot The procedure entrypoint apsApply could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi dl quot WZCSLDR exe-Ent So far I have removed D-link and its Anio Service program and reapplied with no luck Then I removed service Pack and reapplied the D-Link Rangebooster No luck Just for good measure I tried it one more time When Service Pack is removed and the D-Link Rangebooster is reapplied the message disappears I'd take off and ignore Service Pack downloads except I did read your stickys about sneaky patches that have been downloaded without permission by Microsoft Have you any suggestions Thank you for your help Susan

A:[SOLVED] start-up error message after service pack 3

So while I was waiting for an answer I read some of the other posted problems.. and picked up the idea to go to D-links website for an updated driver... imagine my embarrassment..it worked. The error message is gone! Put it down to being a newbie. Take care. Susan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-start-up-error-message-after-service-pack-3-a-311587.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I am setting up two HP DL G servers with an MSA i with two controllers and the server- is displaying a start up message that says quot iSCSI Discovery Service encountered a problem and needed to close quot I tried to gather information about the log event and all I found was quot - Event ID - Initiator failed to connect to the target Target IP address and TCP Port number are given in dump data o This event is logged when the initiator could not make a TCP connection to the given target portal The dump data in this event will contain the Target IP address and TCP port to which initiator could not make a TCP connection quot I ping both iSCSI targets from my host and both reply so I don t iSCSI error... Discovery Microsoft Solved: start Service up understand why this happens or how can I fix this does anybody have an idea that can help me NOTE Please see attached screen capture thanks in advance to all nbsp

A:Solved: Microsoft iSCSI Discovery Service start up error...

Was it working before? Did you load any other iSCSI drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-iscsi-discovery-service-start-up-error.891276/
Relevancy 63.21%

We've had multiple computers on our network all having the reported error in event viewer -

EventID: 7023

The SanctuaryExec service terminated with the following error: 
The requested operation is successful. Changes will not be effective until the system is rebooted. 

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

This fault stopped our users from printing. When attempting to print a printer test page the error access denied appeared.

I couldn't find any articles online, does anyone have any ideas?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7b68b961-3c82-493a-9898-9ded39a13fb7/sanctuaryexec-service-event-viewer-error?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 63.21%

Greetings,

I am just trying to hammer out the issues I find in event viewer. Here is one of them:

Event ID: 3095
This computer is configured as a member of a workgroup, not as a member of a domain. The Netlogon service does not need to run in this configuration.

I am, indeed, a part of a workgroup and NOT a domain. What could the Netlogon service do for me as apart of a workgroup as opposed to a domain?
This took place while I was sitting in front of the computer but I have no idea what would cause this error. Any ideas?

A:Event Viewer - Netlogon service error

It may be configured to start automatically in Services, and can't start and complains. If it is not running and you have no problems, then just keep it from trying to start in the first place.

Go to Start, Run, services.msc and scroll down to the Net Logon service, right click, Properties, set Startup type to manual or disabled, OK.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/236623/event-viewer-netlogon-service-error/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello, I have an error in event viewer

Quote:
The WerSvc service was unable to log on as NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM with the currently configured password due to the following error:
The request is not supported.

To ensure that the service is configured properly, use the Services snap-in in Microsoft Management Console (MMC).

I have googled and I think it might be a malware.
Recently I have viewed a website that is now presented with a warning so Im quite worried. Also, yesterday, my computer's microsoft security essentials was disabled, and I have no idea why.
Full Scan did not reveal anything, so Im using Microsoft safety scanner Microsoft Safety Scanner - Free online tool for PC health and safety
What is this error?

Thanks in advance

A:Event Viewer Error WerSvc service

Scan for viruses with a full scan using the free version (do not start the trial) of Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download and see the Good and Free system security combination. for better security steps and scanning tools. Make sure you update your security software before running the scan. Post back the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222746-event-viewer-error-wersvc-service.html
Relevancy 63.21%

We've had multiple computers on our network all having the reported error in event viewer -
EventID: 7023

The SanctuaryExec service terminated with the following error: 
The requested operation is successful. Changes will not be effective until the system is rebooted. 

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

This fault stopped our users from printing. When attempting to print a printer test page the error access denied appeared.

I couldn't find any articles online, does anyone have any ideas?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c1282846-53d5-416c-af8c-9b72ba0df728/sanctuaryexec-service-event-viewer-error?forum=TechNetEvents
Relevancy 63.21%

Just thought I'd post here for any input before I slam Apple with this one I presume its 100 Error Service, Application Bonjour Event a DNS resolve error but I'm not sure where to go from here None of Bonjour Service, Event 100 Application Error my Apple devices iPhone iPad and AppleTV will sync wirelessly with iTunes Here's the event viewer log Log Name Application Source Bonjour Service Date Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer PC-A N Description Client application bug DNSServiceResolve F EE D A appletv tcp local active for over two minutes This places considerable burden on the network Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Bonjour Service quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Bonjour Service, Event 100 Application Error Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt PC-A N lt Bonjour Service, Event 100 Application Error Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt Client application bug DNSServiceResolve F EE D A appletv tcp local active for over two minutes This places considerable burden on the network lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Bonjour Service, Event 100 Application Error

I'm pretty sure this is a Windows firewall conflict. Since updating iTunes to iTunes 11 the TCP ports 123 and 3689 as well as UDP 123 and 5353 weren't showing as being open.

Quick tidy up of a few rules in windows firewall appears to have solved this. At least fingers crossed

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/268375-bonjour-service-event-100-application-error.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Event ID: 16398

A new BITS job could not be created. The current job count for the user Kudryavka\Torugu (60) is equal to or greater than the job limit (60) specified through group policy. To correct the problem, complete or cancel the BITS jobs that haven't made progress by looking at the error, and restart the BITS service. If this error recurs, contact your system administrator and increate the per-user and per-computer Group Policy job limits.

A user I am helping is having this issue; has anyone in the Networking forums seen this on Windows 7 Home Premium x64? Is there a solution?

A:Is there a known fix for Event ID: 16398 BITS service error?

An update: I looked at Event ID 16398 and since Home Premium does not have a group policy editor, it does not apply. Are there ways to fix the problem in Windows 7 Home Premium?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205089-there-known-fix-event-id-16398-bits-service-error.html
Relevancy 63.21%

hi!

I am using win 7 home basic edition.
There was a power failure and could not shut down the system.
when i started the system it gave me this error.

Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification
Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the
system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for
details about why the service didn't respond.

i have also booted in safe mode and went to the command prompt in safe mode and did a netsh winsock reset.But still i am getting this error.does anybody know a solution to this problem?

Thanks
Mahesh

A:System event notification service error!!!

Try using system restore. I am quite certain that will resolve your problem

System Restore

You may try an sfc scan first, but I am not as certain about the results.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/107201-system-event-notification-service-error.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a problem with the system event notification service. Whenever I use my Asus V1JP-AK028E with Vista Business to access any Standard User account, it comes up with an error message - "Login failed, System Event Notification Service service could not start. Contact a system administrator".

When using password login to a Maintenance account I created, it comes up with the same error. This is an administrator account. When using fingerprint login to this account, it works, but the error message comes up in a popup when I first see my desktop, and then I'm logged off.

This was new yesterday, and I don't have the Vista Business disk, because it was preinstalled by PowerPlay Direct Ltd. If anyone has any ideas, please email me on [email protected] Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-event-notification-service-error-157333.html
Relevancy 62.78%

For the sake of completeness I m going to give the full history here We have a computer running Windows Vista Home Premium This is on a home network no domain The other morning following a Windows Update and restart when the user tried to login she received the message quot User Profile Service service failed the logon User profile to please Group service policy - help! error Solved: client failed start cannot be loaded quot We followed online Solved: Group policy client service failed to start error - please help! advice to log in with an administrator account and change setting in the registry for the Profile resetting some values to We also followed instructions to delete the ntuser dat file however we could not locate a file that was just ntuser Solved: Group policy client service failed to start error - please help! dat they also had long series of numbers after them apparently indicating that they are temporary files After several tries at fixing this she now gets a different error when she tries to log on quot group policy client service failed to start quot She can log onto the account in Safe mode and I can log on to her computer using her account from my computer on the same home network without any problems We have tried copying the user directory to a new profile except for the ntuser dat files as suggested on Windows help This took a good - hours to copy and the new profile seems to be severely hosed none of her setting have been carried over webshots will not run Firefox keeps asking if she wants to set it as the default browser even after she tells it yes each time and she can t access the User Accounts settings from the new profile It s almost like it doesn t really have administrator permissions even though the Accounts and Users control panel shows that it does We know that two other things were going on when the Windows update that caused the restart occurred iTunes was conducting a large download and Symantec was running a scheduled security scan The security scan was showing as still running but was making no progress After checking a few Symantec forums we managed to cancel the process and uninstall Symantec which may be the only way to stop the scan Apparently active Symantec scans are known to cause profile login errors However this did not fix the problem When we log on to her profile in safe mode and look at the advanced user account settings the list of profiles includes two profiles with her original user name The basic list of user accounts only shows one I have no idea what this means Her profile now does have an ntuser dat file However we can t copy or delete it - it s in use by the system We also can t restore an earlier version of the ntuser dat file - apparently it doesn t get backed up in the archive probably for the same reason we can t delete or copy it We tried doing a system restore from the start of the day This was while it was still having the quot user profile service failed quot but before the quot group policy client service failed to start quot We have run sfc scannow It indicated that some files were corrupt but it could not repair them I couldn t figure out which files it thought were corrupt The Group Services Client is not running when I view it from the original profile in Safe Mode However I have no idea if it is supposed to be running in Safe Mode or not There is no way to start it all the options to start or stop are grayed out and unselectable The Group Services Client IS running when I check it with a different profile on the system Would really appreciate a fix for this or at least a way to create a new profile that carries over all her settings and doesn t result in a complete disaster nbsp

A:Solved: Group policy client service failed to start error - please help!

I think we've got this resolved. Unfortunately, there have been so many steps that I'm not sure which were neccessary. These includes:
* The instructions here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...gon-user/4ed66b21-c23e-42f1-98b2-706dcf931fae
(changing some registry entries for the profile)
* Uninstalling Symantec, which had an automatic scan that had been interrupted and was stuck not being able to complete or be cancelled.
* The final bit of fix that worked was (hope I'm getting this all right):
1) Clearing the registry entries as above.
2) Renaming the profile folder.
3) Restarting the computer and letting it create a new profile folder with the same name.
4) Copying the ntuser files from the newly created profile to the old profile.
5) Deleting the new profile and renaming the old profile back.
And now things seem to be working, though she had to run setup on some programs again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-group-policy-client-service-failed-to-start-error-please-help.1050515/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all, new to the forum.

I have noticed in my event viewer that I'm getting the following error message associated with iPod Service:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: iPod Service
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 5/19/2007
Time: 5:17:58 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DESKTOP
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( iPod Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
Have not been able to find any information on this. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Event Viewer error involving iPod service

Since the event type is "Information" it's really nothing to worry about, unless your iPod doesn't work when you try to sync it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-viewer-error-involving-ipod-service.575217/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have had lots of trouble with my Vista freezing amp just generally being a mess--shutting down amp starting slow--really operating slow on the net So lately I have been trying to speed it up amp correct problems I've finally gotten it running much much faster amp I am using Firefox as my browser--which I've optimized so its slick as a whistle--way faster I previously posted about the application error w Winword Here is another error I don't know what to do with I must confess to what I did at this point--I didn't want Windows Defender on my system so I deleted it using add remove programs amp I also went in amp manually deleted some files to try to get it completely uninstalled So if you look at this computer's list of installed programs in Windows you Control Log Event Provider Error--service Manager won't see it listed But I am getting these error messages 's amp --Here are of them see below Is there anything I need Error--service Control Manager Event Log Provider to do with this which Error--service Control Manager Event Log Provider will tweek the system amp make it operate any faster perform better Error--service Control Manager Event Log Provider Can I make it stop getting freaked out because it thinks something is wrong Is changing the registry the only way to stop this Thanks again Log Name SystemSource Service Control ManagerDate AMEvent ID Task Category NoneLevel ErrorKeywords ClassicUser N AComputer User-PCDescription The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Telephony service which failed to start because of the following error The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot D -A D - - E E- D F quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt User-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Remote Access Connection Manager lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Telephony lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name SystemSource Service Control ManagerDate AMEvent ID Task Category NoneLevel ErrorKeywords ClassicUser N AComputer User-PCDescription The mrtRate service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot D -A D - - E E- D F quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt User-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt mrtRate lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Error--service Control Manager Event Log Provider

If a service tries to start, and is unable to start for any reason, it'll give it several tries before giving up. This will cause a little bit of slowdown on the system - but it shouldn't be enough of a slowdown for you to notice it.Not every error in the Event Viewer is serious enough to warrant an investigation. For example, HP systems will usually spit out an error about the parallel printer port (LPT1) - even though there aren't any hardware parallel ports installed on the system. This is, IMO, because the BIOS contains code referencing this feature even though the hardware doesn't exist.Deleting/uninstalling of Windows components from the Programs and Features applet in Control Panel is safe. Once you venture outside of that area, the chances of hosing your system grow drastically. My first suggestion is that you don't delete things without creating a backup of them (and a description of where they're located). My next suggestion is to do things one step at a time. That way you'll be able to assess the impact of a change before moving on to the next change.The key to researching an Event Viewer error is comparing it to the other entries in the Event log (Information and Warning). Then a search for similar errors with Google, and a careful analysis of exactly what the message says.In your examples, the first error is that the Remote Access Connection Manager service couldn't start because the Telephony service couldn't start. Here's a description of the Telephony service: http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/Services/Telephony.htmAnd here's one of the Remote Access Connection Manager service: http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/Service...ion_Manager.htmSo, the first thing to figure out is if you need the Remote Access Connection Manager service (also investigate the Dependencies because they will impact your decision about needing the service). If you do, then you've gotta enable the Telephony service. If you don't, then you can set it to Manual (much safer than disabling it) to see if it works well without the service. If you set the service to Manual and you don't need it - then it won't launch and you won't get the error message in the Event Viewer. If it does launch, despite being set at Manual, then some program is telling you that you need it.As for the second error, the MRT Rate service is commonly associated with the automatic update function in Quicken/QuickBooks. Do you have that installed on your system? If so, try disabling the automatic update to see if that stops the errors.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/159693/error-service-control-manager-event-log-provider/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have been trying to resolve this issue since Friday with no great progress The main issue is that a program on the laptop needs the Background Intelligent Transfer Service set to Automatic start however when you try to change this setting I get an Access Denied error Error I also get a similar access denied error when trying to manually start the service I have done the following general fixes with no success chkdsk r sfc scannow windows update repair tool and windows repair Other things I ve tried Setting permissions in the registry for the BITS entries to give full access using the user s account Setting a password on the Administrator account Repairing BITS using guide on another forum Start the service from Administrator account in safe-mode and new Temp account with admin rights Precautionary virus amp spyware scan as I ve error Service Solved: Automatic Denied start & trying to BITS Access Update when read that Vundo virus can cause problems like this albeit not found Other information that may help I get the same error on the Automatic Updates service I noticed corruption on the Path to Executable where instead of reading SystemRoot it read fystemRoot although I fixed these entries in Regedit When going into Safe-Mode it logs straight in to the user created account instead of normally asking at logon screen which account to login with Administrator account not in list but does exist Similar to above when I created the Temp account it logged straight in to the Solved: Access Denied error when trying to start BITS & Automatic Update Service main user account in both normal amp safe-mode without giving me the option I can log in by choosing Log Out once logged in When enabling disabling an entry in msconfig I get the message about not having permissions to make the change although it does make the change Any ideas would be much appreciated as I have posted this on another forum with no success yet Solved: Access Denied error when trying to start BITS & Automatic Update Service Paul nbsp

A:Solved: Access Denied error when trying to start BITS & Automatic Update Service

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-denied-error-when-trying-to-start-bits-automatic-update-service.824423/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am attempting to the load the software for a Canon Mx850 printer to my Lenovo PC with Windows Vista.

I get the message Print Spooler Service has been stopped. I have checked in the services area and it is set to automatic. When I attempt to start it. I get the following Error: 1068 dependency service or group failed to start.

I have gone to the command prompt and typed the following: sc config spooler depend= RPCSS however I get message access denied. I am set as the system administrator. Not sure what to do at this point. Very frustrating. Printer works fine when connected to laptop. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Print Spooler Service stopped Error 1068 dependency service or group failed to start

Double click on the Print Spooler service to open its Properties. On the Dependencies tab see upon what it depends, and trace back to see if the cause/fix can be determined. Caveat: no guarantee this will work any better than your command attempt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-service-stopped-error-1068-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.915710/
Relevancy 61.92%

Yesterday my wife's HP ENVY laptop began to have problems screen blinking and slow typing The laptop is running Windows I Service start HTTP following to service to The error:%%1009 failed due the ran MiniToolBox and found numerous errors for HpConnectedRemoteService exe continually terminating and restarting After finding The HTTP Service service failed to start due to the following error:%%1009 a post on this site about that service I uninstalled it Things seemed to be fine after uninstalling it but then I found the Print Spooler Service wouldn't start I finally fixed it After all of this I decided to run MiniToolBox again and found error messages stating The HTTP Service service failed to start due to the following error I The HTTP Service service failed to start due to the following error:%%1009 don't know if this is a problem and if her PC is infected The link to Speccy is http speccy piriform com results nuE q rLm H gWnsGDhyGDE The MiniToolBox output from this morning is below I've also run ADWCleaner and Malwarebytes Malwarebytes found nothing and ADWCleaner found some things from another old tool that had been uninstalled Any help you can provide would be appreciated Gary MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Diane administrator on - - at Running from C Users Diane Downloads Microsoft Windows X Model HP ENVY TS Sleekbook Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell User DIANES-HP-PC Description Activation of app microsoft windowscommunicationsapps wekyb d bbwe Microsoft WindowsLive Mail failed with error - See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI Operational log for additional information Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf User NT AUTHORITY Description Unloading The HTTP Service service failed to start due to the following error:%%1009 the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl WmiApRpl failed The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf User NT AUTHORITY Description Unable to read the Last Counter registry value The first DWORD in the Data section contains the Win error code Error AM Source Microsoft-Windows-RestartManager User DIANES-HP-PC Description Application or service 'HP Connected Remote Service' could not be restarted Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name HPConnectedRemoteService exe version time stamp x a Faulting module name KERNELBASE dll version time stamp x d d Exception code xe Fault offset x b c Faulting process id xec Faulting application start time xHPConnectedRemoteService exe Faulting application path HPConnectedRemoteService exe Faulting module path HPConnectedRemoteService exe Report Id HPConnectedRemoteService exe Faulting package full name HPConnectedRemoteService exe Faulting package-relative application ID HPConnectedRemoteService exe Error AM Source NET Runtime User Description Application HPConnectedRemoteService exe Framework Version v Description The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception Exception Info System PlatformNotSupportedException Stack at System ServiceModel Channels TransportManager Open System ServiceModel Channels TransportChannelListener at System ServiceModel Channels TransportManagerContainer Open System ServiceModel Channels SelectTransportManagersCallback at System ServiceModel Channels HttpChannelListener System Canon mscorlib Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken b a c e OnOpen System TimeSpan at System ServiceModel Channels CommunicationObject Open System TimeSpan at System ServiceModel Dispatcher ChannelDispatcher OnOpen System TimeSpan at System ServiceModel Channels CommunicationObject Open System TimeSpan at System ServiceModel ServiceHostBase OnOpen System TimeSpan at System ServiceModel Channels CommunicationObject Open System TimeSpan at SwitchBoard Utils WCFServiceHostUtil setupService System Object System Type Int Boolean at SwitchBoard SwitchBoardSer... Read more

A:The HTTP Service service failed to start due to the following error:%%1009

Download and run wipe  and system ninja,

https://privacyroot.com/software/www/en/wipe.php
https://singularlabs.com/software/system-ninja/

Then.....

Go ahead and install Ccleaner. Now that you have the program installed go ahead and run the cleaner function.
Now that you have cleaned out some temp files, lets go ahead and disable all of the items starting up with your machine except your antivirus. To do this you will need to click on tools then start up select each item then disable.
Now that you have disabled those un-needed start ups lets go into the settings, we will have Ccleaner run when your machine boots, so that you will never have to worry about cleaning temp files again.To do this:
Hit options.
Settings.
Place a tick to run Ccleaner when the computer starts.

Now go to the advanced tab, and select close program after cleaning, now run the cleaner again this will close Ccleaner.

Reboot your machine and then follow the  instructions below.

Step 1: eScanAV.

Disable your antivirus prior to this scan.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114351/how-to-temporarily-disable-your-anti-virus-firewall-and-anti-malware-programs/
Download the eScanAV Anti-Virus Toolkit (MWAV)http://www.escanav.com/english/content/products/downloadlink/downloadcounter.asp?pcode=MWAV&src=english_dwn&type=alter
Save the file to your desktop.
Right click run as administrator.
A new icon will appear on your desktop.
Right click run as administrator on new icon.
Click on the update tab.
Once you have updated the program, make sure the settings are the same as the picture below.
Once you have made sure the settings match the picture, hit the Scan & Clean button.
Upon scan completion, click View Log.
Copy and paste entire log into your next reply.
Note: Reboot if needed to remove infections.

Step 2: Zemana

Run a full scan with Zemana antimalware.
http://www.zemana.us/product/zemana-antimalware/default.aspx
Install and select deep scan.

Remove any infections found.
Then click on the icon in the pic below.

Double click on the scan log, copy and paste here in your reply.

Step 3: Junkware Removal Tool.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your desktop.
Shut down your anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Please post the JRT log.
Step 4: Adware Cleaner.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Scan button.
When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574270/the-http-service-service-failed-to-start-due-to-the-following-error%1009/
Relevancy 61.92%

Very frequent logging of:"The Diagnostic Service Host service failed to start due to the following error: A privilege that the service requires to function properly does not exist in the service account configuration. You may use the Services Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in (services.msc) and the Local Security Settings MMC snap-in (secpol.msc) to view the service configuration and the account configuration."Checking Service status it shows the service faults even before start:SERVICE_NAME: WdiServiceHostááááááá TYPEáááááááááááááá : 20á WIN32_SHARE_PROCESSááááááá STATEááááááááááááá : 1á STOPPEDááááááá WIN32_EXIT_CODEááá : 0á (0x0)ááááááá SERVICE_EXIT_CODEá : 0á (0x0)ááááááá CHECKPOINTáááááááá : 0x0ááááááá WAIT_HINTááááááááá : 0x0The Same logon account (Local Service) is used for DPS (Diagnostic Policy Service) and it starts without a hitch.Morten Ross

A:The Diagnostic Service Host service failed to start due to the following error

á
Since your question or comment has gone unanswered, you can send your request to the development team in this thread.á
Have Comments about Windows 7 Beta Rating posts helps other users
Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e4d701f5-a63f-4fee-9b09-89ea9b07e1c3/the-diagnostic-service-host-service-failed-to-start-due-to-the-following-error?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi guys,

Everytime I start my computer, it starts in the Windows Classic theme, with Aero disabled, and unable to be turned back on.
In addition to this there is a pop-up that says
"Failed to connect to a Windows Service"
"System Event Notification Service"

The Aero issue can be temporarily resolved by switching user to another one, then logging out of the other user, then back into the main account.

I have an Asus G51Jx with:
Core i7 Q 720 Hyperthreaded Quad core @ 1.65GHz
nVidia GTS 360M @ 550Mhz
500GB 7200rpm HDD

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Stu

A:Having issues with Aero and a System Event Notification Service Error

Every user can have their/there own theme. See if this will help.
Theme - Specify Default Theme to Load for New Users

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/256341-having-issues-aero-system-event-notification-service-error.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I'm getting this error on every restart, event id 7022 Service Control Manager Hung on starting. I've taken a look at it in services and it has "do nothing" if Diagnostic Service Host fails. I've tried to change it to restart but get an error and it won't let me change it. Any ideas? Don

A:Event ID 7022 Error - Service Control Manager Hang

Hi everyone,

I still haven't resolved this issue. I have investigated this error to death. I am wondering if there is another service that is causing this error. I don't know how to get more details on this issue Any help on this would be very appreciated.

Thank you,
Don

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/12370-event-id-7022-error-service-control-manager-hang.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I'm getting this error on every restart, event id 7022 Service Control Manager Hung on starting. I've taken a look at it in services and it has "do nothing" if Diagnostic Service Host fails. I've tried to change it to restart but get an error and it won't let me change it. Any ideas? Don

A:Event ID 7022 Error - Service Control Manager Hang

Hi everyone,

I still haven't resolved this issue. I have investigated this error to death. I am wondering if there is another service that is causing this error. I don't know how to get more details on this issue Any help on this would be very appreciated.

Thank you,
Don

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/12370-event-id-7022-error-service-control-manager-hang.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I continue to receive the VSS error Event ID and When this happens my computer freezes then goes to blue screen where I see IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL 32 Volume ID & error Service 8193 Event (VSS) Copy Shadow along with other information There is no pattern when this happens It is extremely random I am running Vista Ultimate bit Service Pack I am also running a rd party backup Carbonite Please let me know if more information on my system will help I do not recall having this problem prior to service pack EVENT PROPERTIES - EVENT Log Name Application Source VSS Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Office-PC Description Volume Shadow Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) error Event ID 32 & 8193 Copy Service error Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance hr x Operation Instantiating VSS server Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot VSS quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Office-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) error Event ID 32 & 8193 System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt CoCreateInstance lt Data gt lt Data gt x lt Data gt lt Data gt Operation Instantiating VSS server lt Data gt lt Binary gt D F A D C D C C A D C D A D A D D A A C F D C C Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) error Event ID 32 & 8193 F E C F E B C F E E D A E F C D D A D D D lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt EVENT PROPERTIES - EVENT Log Name Application Source VSS Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Office-PC Description Volume Shadow Copy Service error The VSS Coordinator class is not registered This may be caused due to a setup failure or as a result of an application s installer or uninstaller Operation Instantiating VSS server Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot VSS quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Office-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt Operation Instantiating VSS server lt Data gt lt Binary gt D F A D C D C C A D C D A D A D D A A C F D C C F E C F E B C F E E D A E F C D D A D D D lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt I have been unsuccessful searching for a fix using Google I would appreciate any help with this extremely frustrating crash Thanks nbsp

A:Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) error Event ID 32 & 8193

I too am having the same problem with no solution on Google so far

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/volume-shadow-copy-service-vss-error-event-id-32-8193.718218/
Relevancy 61.06%

I reccently noticed that my scheduled tasks were no longer running I tried to bring up the task scheduler and it said the service was working - stopped The Authentication is Service 1747 Error Event Log : Unknown not running I checked the service and sure enough it was not running I tried Event Log stopped working - Error 1747 : The Authentication Service is Unknown to start it Event Log stopped working - Error 1747 : The Authentication Service is Unknown and it failed because the windows event log service which is a dependency was also not running I tried to start the event log service and gave the error above in the subject line The event log service uses a log on of quot Local Service quot There are other services that use the same log on and they start up with no problem I have searched the internet for a solution to this and have tried several things I found with no luck One was to run SFC another was to delete the Windows Logs and Windows System Logfiles folders so they would be re-created on startup I also tried subinacl to reset the ACLs on registry branches and the subfolders of SystemDrive as recommeded in another forum I am running Vista Home Premium and all the latest updates have neen applied Anyone have any further ideas short of re-installing Vista Thanks

A:Event Log stopped working - Error 1747 : The Authentication Service is Unknown

á
The official recommended solution i got from opening my case was to format and reload Vista.á I offered to send them an image of my pc to troubleshoot the problem themselves but they never took me up on the offer.
3 days of downtime was too much soái reloaded the OS.á Not an acceptable solution but i had no choice.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f4ce24aa-ae9d-4927-8b0f-52f3ddc4fbd9/event-log-stopped-working-error-1747-the-authentication-service-is-unknown?forum=itprovistasecurity
Relevancy 61.06%

Vista shows a error prompt while loading service named Intel? PROSet/Wireless Event Log, please advise how to rectify this, thanks

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: EvtEng.exe
Application Version: 12.2.0.0
Application Timestamp: 48f7e9ba
Fault Module Name: EvtEng.exe
Fault Module Version: 12.2.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 48f7e9ba
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 0006313c
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 18441
Additional Information 1: db8b
Additional Information 2: e34096bb9e7b968c8de7f012c7741c06
Additional Information 3: b176
Additional Information 4: d4ffe685ef05a30ff9a1c635c3da3348

A:Intel« PROSet/Wireless Event Log service stopped automatically with error

Have you downloaded the latest driver for Intel Proset? Please provide full specs of your system, and fill out my system specs.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/249745-intel-proset-wireless-event-log-service-stopped-automatically-error.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Have found the following error in the Event Viewer relating to VSS, ID 8194 when made back up the system Windows 8.1 partition to an image file with OneKey recovery Lenovo program :
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface. hr = 0x80070005, Access is denied.
This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process.
Operation:
Gathering Writer Data
Context:
Writer Class Id: {e8132975-6f93-4464-a53e-1050253ae220}
Writer Name: System Writer
Writer Instance ID:{7382df8f-c426-4940-a8bf-24d4ee707cf3}
I would appreciate some advices how to fix it.
Thanks and best regards,
Ewa

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4d925199-36eb-4b4d-9b8e-d0535a999cee/volumine-shadow-copy-service-error-id-8194-in-the-event-viewer-windows-81?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 60.2%

PROBLEM Being a technician I always have my Lenovo laptop running Windows Professional x working perfectly and smoothly One perfect day I installed Apple iTunes rebooted my laptop and then I discovered that many services had stopped working fingerprint logon failed so I switched to entering password very slow startup up to minute delay comparing with the time it normally consumes NO Internet access at all nor wireless neither wired system message in notification area Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not Winsock failed; Event Solved: doesn't service Log help Solved: No network; reset connect to the Solved: Solved: Event Log service failed; No network; Winsock reset doesn't help System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system As an administrative user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service Solved: Solved: Event Log service failed; No network; Winsock reset doesn't help didn t respond Click to expand Event Viewer eventvwr exe could not start because of a problem with the service In Services snap-in there were two services in uncommon state Windows Event Log in Starting TCP IP NetBIOS Helper in Starting both were holding infinitely Of cause first of all I uninstalled Apple iTunes Bonjour Apple service QuickTime and other software I recently install Didn t help I tried Clean Boot quot sfc scannow quot System Resfore Didn t help I looked into Google for solutions Many guys recommend to reset TCP IP and Winsock with these commands should be run under administrative account Code netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset It works for almost everyone with the same problem so try it first but not for me and a couple of guys because of the following error Code Initialization Function InitHelperDll in NSHHTTP DLL failed to start with error code SOLUTION find a machine with the same OS run regedit on that machine and export HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services Winsock and HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services Winsock into reg files run regedit exe on your computer under administraive account find and delete HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services Winsock and HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services Winsock restore them by applying reg files from a healthy machine reboot reset TCP IP by executing two commands above reboot againg done In case you have no healthy machine around I attached my reg files for Windows Pro x for your convenience If it helps you - please post a couple of words here Thank you P S Many thanks to adlep who post the main idea http forums anandtech com showpost php p amp postcount nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-event-log-service-failed-no-network-winsock-reset-doesnt-help.1017127/
Relevancy 60.2%

I've been having troubles with my SQL database not running it's maintenance lately, after some investigation it seems to be due to my event log service not running. I went to check it out only to find out that the event log service doesn't exist.... any ideas on how I can reinstall it?

This is in Server 2003.

Relevancy 58.91%

I dug around quite a bit I really hope this hasn t already been a thread quot Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system As an administrative user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn t respond quot This message comes with slow start up and Solved: failed System Notification Service, connect Event to shut downs that occasionally freeze Another strange symptom is that sometimes about every other time Solved: System Event Notification Service, failed to connect I boot up the computer it loses the shiny-black Vista theme Not so much a concern of aesthetic and more a note of wonkiness The laptop was sluggish recently and I was doing some cleaning defrags registry cleaning virus spyware scans etc I have a theory my sweep with CCleaner may have done something it really shouldn t have I m unsure what to do about this if it is true though because although I didn t delete them all my restore points are gone I also recently changed the virtual memory size if that is relevant Also uncertain of relevancy but the worst of it Service message began while I was toying around between Pidgin and Trillian Trillian crashed something There are so many event logs now that I m not able to figure out what it was I m really not as familiar with the workings of this computer as I wish I was I m really not certain about how to diagnos a problem from what I see I ve also never really gone to a tech forum before if you need more info you ll probably have to tell me how where to get it It is an Inspiron with Windows Vista Home Premium post SP- MB RAM and a GB HDD Also running AVG Window s Defender is down Firewall is on nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I have been getting the following errors when I try to log into my account.

The system event notification service service failed the logon an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

I created a built-in-administrator and I am able to get into safe mode though not able to run many programs on it such as control panel and start up repair. I looked at my registry and both of my accounts look fine neither of them had a .bak on the end and so I'm not sure how to fix this if my only option is to delete my user account. I've already done a system restore to a couple days before this happened but, I'm still locked out of everything.

Is there anything else I can do that might help?

A:The system event notification service service failed logon ... token does not exist

Google led me to this post as I was researching the problem myself. I encountered the same issue. In this case on a vista32 ultimate box (although I do own an x64 box in case somebody thinks I'm blasphemous posting here ).

I haven't completely fixed the issue yet but I've gotten a bit further so in hopes of helping the next person here are the steps I've taken.

I was able to log in successfully in safe mode (hit F8 while starting up, select safe mode). Once there I went to command prompt (click the start button, type "cmd" [without the quotes] in the search bar and hit enter. From command prompt type services.msc to launch the services control panel. Find the System Event Notification Service, right click, select properties, change it from automatic startup to disabled, apply the change and "OK" out of the dialog box. You can now restart the computer and log in normally.

This isn't really a fix, it's a temporary work-around. SENS is needed for COM+ to respond to things like login and startup events. I've also noticed that my system is very slow right now. My next step is to find a way to generate a new token for SENS and then hopefully I'll be back at 100%. I currently have Dell researching that for me (this happens to be a Dell laptop). If I get a solution short of a reinstall to that one I'll post it too.

Hope this is helpful for someone. Good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/194306-system-event-notification-service-service-failed-logon-token-does-not-exist.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I am on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. When I switched on my computer on 10/13/16, the user profile service started successfully. Computer monitor was active but black screen. When I checked on the event viewer for 10/13/16, under General-
Windows cannot load classes registry file. DETAIL- Unspecified error.
Logged name : Application  Source:User Profile Service Logged on:10/13/2016 9:24:46 AM Event ID:1542 Task Category: None Level: Error  Keywords: None User:SYSTEM
The winlogon  notification subscriber<Sens> was unavailable to handle a notification event.

Logged name: Application   Source: Winlogon   Logged on:10/13/2016 9:24:47 AM   Event ID:6000 Task Category : None     Level: Information  Keywords: Classical  User : N/A
Can somebody help me figure out what were stated in the event viewer?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/eee793b0-d985-4966-8611-d24d27871ac9/event-id-1542user-proflie-service-windows-cannot-load-classes-registry-file-detail-unspecified?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Team I am getting below error when I try to install an application Application installed fine on my local Win Issue is with the Virtual Machine I have setup using VirtualBox VM OS I am using is win and win Both have the same issue I tried running the application as quot Run as Administrator quot but still no luck below is the event log of windows services. (SOSS) start. have system 'ScaleOut sufficient failed Error to you Service StateServer' Verify privileges to 1920. start that - System - Provider Name MsiInstaller - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer PANTHER - Security UserID S- - - - - - - - EventData Product ScaleOut StateServer x Edition -- Error Service 'ScaleOut StateServer' SOSS failed to start Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL B D D D D D Binary data In Words B D D D D D nbsp nbsp In Bytes B nbsp nbsp ACB C br D D nbsp nbsp Error 1920. Service 'ScaleOut StateServer' (SOSS) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. F- D - br D br nbsp nbsp -BFA br D nbsp nbsp - DBC br br Error 1920. Service 'ScaleOut StateServer' (SOSS) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. D nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp C A

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a32caaba-4a5e-4ae1-a27b-d002e4176faa/error-1920-service-scaleout-stateserver-soss-failed-to-start-verify-that-you-have-sufficient?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 58.05%

I logged on to my computer as an administrator and my desktop didnt display for about 4 minutes. There was only a black screen with the white mouse arrow on it. When the desktop had loaded a Windows notification
bubble popped up saying:

"Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification
Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the
system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

I don't believe that I have installed any software etc. recently that could have caused this problem to occur. It just randomly happened one day. In sync with this error I am unable to connect to the internet using my 3 mobile modem and my laptop isn't recognising any wireless signals bringing up the message:

"The dependency service or group failed to start"

My laptop is a Philips freevents 12NB5800 which uses vista.

A:[B]Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service[/B]

try loggin in as an admin and viewing hte error log like it said

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/b-windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-service-b-277883.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi !
I recently have this problem on the services,when i try to Start the service he give me this error "Windows could not start the "service name" service on Local Computer Error 129 0x89" i search on google but i don't find this error,so
i think it will be good when i ask the Microsoft Comunity . I need help ! Sorry for my bad english !
         Thanks !

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/91c47c43-879c-4e37-a3c5-52cc8550f8f1/windows-could-not-start-the-quotservice-namequot-service-on-local-computer-error-129-0x89?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 57.19%

I installed a free event viewer app and noticed that I sometimes get this error which is pointing to the search service - it IS disabled and thats why it probably fails but what I cant work out is why its even trying to launch the service I went to uninstall Windows Desktop Search and it said that it may have already been uninstalled and removed it from add amp it? use Wsearch I start Viewer, not Event in dont error can remove programs I use XP SP -Bit I think its happening when I boot the computer ive checked services and startup using Autoruns amp HJT and theres nothing to say that Windows Search or anything using it is running at boot ive ran MalwareBytes and SAS and gotten clean results if anyone could help with this it would Wsearch can not start error in Event Viewer, I dont use it? be great - its not causing any problems im just curious Wsearch can not start error in Event Viewer, I dont use it? as to whats causing it too run thanks Type Error Date Time Event Source DCOM Category None User MOTHER Paul Computer MOTHER Description DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments quot quot in order to run the server D C F-AC - F F-BEB - C C CE nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wsearch-can-not-start-error-in-event-viewer-i-dont-use-it.1070365/
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm having some issues with my computer and I'm not sure what caused it. I trying to open WordPad and I got a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error that this application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. So I try to check the error in Event Viewer and I get the same error. I tried to go into Services, Computer Management, Device Manager, and I get the same error. There's no error codes or anything else that appears to pinpoint the error. No problems when in Safe Mode. Any ideas on how I can get this fixed without having to reinstall Windows 7? I have Windows 7 64-bit home edition.

A:Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error when trying to start Event Viewer

Welcome to our forum ledgema.

The first thing I would try is sfc /scannow to check Windows 7 system files.
Here is a tutorial by Brink to guide you.
Please post the results.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345937-microsoft-visual-c-runtime-error-when-trying-start-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 56.76%

System event broker stopped working on my windows 8.1 64 bit laptop. Going to services it says that it's startup is "automatic", but trying to start it gives me this message:

Code:
Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

Task scheduler is dependant upon system events broker, and since it stopped working I havn't been able to install ANY drivers (Error: Invalid data) and my networked folders stopped working.

How do I enable / start System Events Broker?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65524-system-event-broker-refuses-start-error-1058-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I ve recently installed Windows on a new pc and am having distinct issues The first is that I have found that I am unable to make many programs start with Windows Avast will as will AI Roboform and Open Office but other 2 Programs with Event start log Windows, error fail in Viewer issues: to simply refuse to do so My firewall Look n Stop for example has the option quot Start with Windows quot Checking the box has no effect the program fails to start with Windows This issue is repeated with a number of other programs e g Speedfan Peerblock In addition adding the programs to the Startup 2 issues: Programs fail to start with Windows, error in Event Viewer log folder has variable success The firewall for example does load on startup when added to 2 issues: Programs fail to start with Windows, error in Event Viewer log the startup folder but neither Speedfan or Peerblock do The second problem is that I am registering the error quot The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load EIO XP quot in the Administrative Events section of Event Viewer I ve searched everywhere and have been unable to find a copy of this driver It appears to be associated with the ASUS Smartdoctor utility which I do not have I did download and install it to see if that corrected the problem but it did not and I have since uninstalled it I am running Win bit Any suggestions much appreciated nbsp

A:2 issues: Programs fail to start with Windows, error in Event Viewer log

Are the programs with which you are having problems compatible with Windows 7 64-bit?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-issues-programs-fail-to-start-with-windows-error-in-event-viewer-log.954984/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have RODC in Perimeter network, i have configured one the SQL service account in RODC member servers but when i configure and start the service i am getting below error message, I know the work around to start service with NT AUTHORITY\Local service however
i have to configure domain account with secure manner, so i dont want to leave the SQL services runs with local service account, I am searching number of article but none can find all are saying configure with local service account which will work but thats
not my requirement

i tried using local account and domain account both are same,.

---------------------------
Services
Windows could not start the Application Experience service on Local Computer.

Error 1079: The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process.

OK  

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9e8106e4-b086-4a43-a099-8d0667367ade/event-7000-error-1079-the-account-specified-for-this-service-is-different-from-the-account?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I have nbsp desktop computers running windows servers nbsp running windows Server STD and servers running windows Server nbsp R STD All of them have the same problems with SNMP service nbsp I am using SNMP monitoring software which polls information every minutes using SNMP All of these computers stop responding to SNMP GET messages after a while this can be hours or days eventually SNMP will stop responding The only way to fix this is to restart SNMP service or restart computer I have looked at windows system logs and see the same message on all of my computers Event SNMP The the IP Event 1501, transports.\n error setting while SNMP incoming has been The Service SNMP. up transport an out. The dropped encountered SNMP Service encountered an error while setting up the incoming transports n The IP transport has been dropped out I have googled this type of problem there was a bug in Vista and server with the same Event ID KB nbsp article is explaining the same symptoms what I am having Unfortunately I can't apply those hotfix to my computers Event 1501, SNMP. The SNMP Service encountered an error while setting up the incoming transports.\n The IP transport has been dropped out. because I am running different OS versions Any Event 1501, SNMP. The SNMP Service encountered an error while setting up the incoming transports.\n The IP transport has been dropped out. suggestions nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d59a0358-8cd5-402a-9f44-f5fe3cf40499/event-1501-snmp-the-snmp-service-encountered-an-error-while-setting-up-the-incoming-transportsn?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

I'm getting issues with Intel Rapid Start technology after upgrade my Port?g? Z30t-A-103 to Windows 10.

Windows Events Viewer shows:

irstrtsv
Error: Unable to read LBA sector directly

I tried to disable the Intel Rapid Start technology from BIOS but it seems that the problem is not solved.

Any ideas?. I guess that an Intel Rapid Start technology Driver is coming.

Regards,

A:Intel Rapid Start technology error in Event Visors after upgrading to Windows 10

Intel might be in the process of approving their Windows 10 drivers, in the meantime just keep it disabled in the BIOS for now.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84121-Intel-Rapid-Start-technology-error-in-Event-Visors-after-upgrading-to-Windows-10
Relevancy 55.47%

Every time I restart it is extremely slow and I believe caused by the following 2 errors that appear in the System Event Log as event ID 10000:

Unable to start a DCOM Server: {7160A13D-73DA-4CEA-95B9-37356478588A}. The error: "2"
Happened while starting this command:
C:\Windows\system32\igfxext.exe -Embedding

Unable to start a DCOM Server: {078AEF33-C48A-49F7-AFF3-A0EE810BFE7C}. The error: "2"
Happened while starting this command:
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe -Embedding

I believe they are Intel drivers but have failed to find a remedy to this problem.
Other than a real slow startup there appears to be no other problem.
Am I the only one with this problem and anybody know the cure?

A:Satellite P200HD-1DV: Event error on startup -Unable to start a DCOM Server

So, you figured out where the problem is but why didn?t you installed another intel graphics drivers? I mean, you know where the problem is and you can resolve it.

Otherwise, if a reinstall does not help it would be better to completely recover your system to eliminate the problem.

Greetings

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?28904-Satellite-P200HD-1DV-Event-error-on-startup-Unable-to-start-a-DCOM-Server
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi! Maybe someone here can help me. I am trying to set up servu ftp on my computer yet every time i try to start the server it tells me that the port or service is already in use.

I am not sure what that mean, but from what I read i think that means there may be another ftp server rnning on my machine? How can i find out if that is the case.

I am running windows xp pro.

A:Error when trying to start FTP Service

You can download two programs that will show you what programs are running and what tcp ports they are using.The first is fport and can be found at :FportThe second is TCPView and can be found at:TCPViewYou should search for the programs that are using TCP port 20 or 21.Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/122/error-when-trying-to-start-ftp-service/
Relevancy 55.04%

Slow booting nbsp Really slow booting fails failed to Kernel-PnP) resulting WUDFRd to Driverframeworks-Usermode) start in 10114, (event UMDF 219, Reflector load... (event nbsp Seems that using an SD card for ReadyBoot ReadyBoost is causing the UMDF Reflector fails to start (event 10114, Driverframeworks-Usermode) resulting in WUDFRd failed to load... (event 219, Kernel-PnP) issue nbsp But why On investigation this only started happening back in November which coincides with the install of KB UMDF http support microsoft com kb UMDF Reflector fails to start (event 10114, Driverframeworks-Usermode) resulting in WUDFRd failed to load... (event 219, Kernel-PnP) Could be a bit buggy I'll uninstall the update and see if this solves the issue So first event Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp System Source nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode Date nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Event ID nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category Startup of the UMDF reflector Level nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Information Keywords nbsp nbsp nbsp User nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SYSTEM Computer nbsp nbsp nbsp LAPTOPW A Description The UMDF reflector was unable to complete startup because the WUDFPf service was not found nbsp This service may be started later during boot at which point Windows will attempt to start the device again Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode quot Guid quot E AAEB- F- BEB-A - E C E D quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventID gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp lt Version gt lt Version gt nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp lt Correlation gt nbsp nbsp lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt LAPTOPW A lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt UserData gt nbsp nbsp lt UMDFReflectorDependencyMissing xmlns auto-ns quot http schemas microsoft com win events quot xmlns quot http www microsoft com DriverFrameworks UserMode Event quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Dependency gt WUDFPf lt Dependency gt nbsp nbsp lt UMDFReflectorDependencyMissing gt nbsp lt UserData gt lt Event gt and Second event Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp System Source nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Event ID nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category Level nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Warning Keywords nbsp nbsp nbsp User nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SYSTEM Computer nbsp nbsp nbsp LAPTOPW A Description The driver Driver WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot UMB amp c b amp amp STORAGE VOLUME SD VID amp OID amp PID SD G amp REV amp BB amp amp Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP quot Guid quot C A - - D-ABD -E C quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventID gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp lt Version gt lt Version gt nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp lt Correlation gt nbsp nbsp lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt LAPTOPW A lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot DriverNameLength quot gt lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot DriverName quot gt WpdBusEnumRoot UMB amp amp c b amp amp amp amp STORAGE VOLUME SD VID amp amp OID amp amp PID SD G amp amp REV amp amp BB amp amp amp amp lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt D... Read more

A:UMDF Reflector fails to start (event 10114, Driverframeworks-Usermode) resulting in WUDFRd failed to load... (event 219, Kernel-PnP)

Hmm.  Now that is interesting.
In my System event log I was getting an NTFS error (57: Failed to flush tlog).  I didn't think it was from my HDD, so using diskpart, I ran a 'CLEAN ALL' on my SD card, then recreated the FS as exFAT (previously it was NTFS).
Seems to be working now, although I'm getting VDS Basic Provider errors (Unexpected failure.  Error code:
[email protected]) "which can be safely ignored" (re: KB979391).
This begs the question: if it can be safely ignored, why is it raised in the first place?
Boot time is also restored to an acceptable timescale.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/38b2ae86-c726-4bb0-8b7d-48e6773ab5f7/umdf-reflector-fails-to-start-event-10114-driverframeworksusermode-resulting-in-wudfrd-failed-to?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 54.61%

hi,
i have win 2000 server and Exchange server 2000 installed on, was working fine, after restarting the machine, netowrk connection is not in task bar, also network connection services are stopped and if i try to start it, gives error 1053:. infact can not start or stop any of the service.

any one can help me? what could be the reason?

Siraj.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-stop-and-start-service.39087/
Relevancy 54.61%

i got xp pro sp3. i restored my computer recently. before i did, i was able to connect my Samsung phone to it via USB. but after i restored my computer, i now get an error 31: "a device attached to the system is not functioning windows driver foundation - user-mode driver framework."the problem is that Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework. gives me this error when i try to start the service. and i dont see this driver listed in Device Manager. how do i get the service, Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework, to start?

A:Service Fails to Start.. Error 31

See response by Imran M at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-performance/could-not-start-window-drivers-foundation-user/04598508-3add-4617-90e3-61ab9935ddca?msgId=accb19d0-2c01-4a1f-825a-93058aba86f3 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472642/service-fails-to-start-error-31/
Relevancy 54.61%

i got xp pro sp3. i restored my computer recently. before i did, i was able to connect my Samsung phone to it via USB by installing a driver called, Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework. after i restored my computer i installed this driver again.. but i now get this error:

"Error 31: a device attached to the system is not functioning windows driver foundation - user-mode driver framework."

i get this error everytime i try to start the service to the above driver. how do i start this service?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wdf-service-fails-to-start-error-31-help.1073849/
Relevancy 54.61%

The following quote contains the text I had prepared to post initially for the problem I was facing with sharing and using a printer on my home network However after doing some quot research quot I reached the conclusion that the reason I am having the issues described below is I believe the fact that the Workstation service is not started although set to Automatic When I try to manually start it I get the error message quot Windows could not start the Workstation service on Local Computer start (Error service 2) won't Workstation Error The System cannot find the Workstation service won't start (Error 2) file specified quot The Path to executable is quot C Windows System svchost exe -k NetworkService quot and the ServiceDll is quot SystemRoot System Workstation service won't start (Error 2) wkssvc dll quot which I checked and it exists in the folder I've also searched for a solution to this problem with no luck I tried running quot sfc scannow quot and it finds several corrupted files but it cannot repair them I can post the log file if needed Quote Hello I have been trying to share a usb printer connected on my sister's laptop in order to be able to use it from my Workstation service won't start (Error 2) laptop too but I came across a couple of issues My laptop Kyris-Laptop can sometimes see my sister's laptop ALICE in the network but NOT my laptop When I try to double click on her laptop I get the error message quot ALICE is not accessible You might not have permission to use this resource quot therefore I cannot see the printer or whatever else is being shared by ALICE As I said I cannot see Kyris-Laptop in the Network folder at all When I press the button to see the full network map the devices are shown properly connected to the router though From ALICE I can see AND access BOTH laptops in the Network folder correctly The shared printer is also available when I see ALICE's shared folder This is the st problem The nd issue that I am facing although I am not sure if it is related to the st is that when I go to change the advanced sharing settings for the current Home Private network profile on my laptop and Select quot Turn on file and printer sharing quot I save the changes but when I go back it's still off This might not be related to the st issue since the printer is not on my laptop but it's still weird Some useful info about the setup of the laptops -Both laptops are wirelessly connected to a linux router for internet access I tried connecting the laptops with an ethernet cable but I still can't access ALICE from my laptop -Both are running Windows Professional with latest updates and service packs installed -bit and both have the home wi-fi network selected as Home Private network -No firewalls are enabled on either laptop -My laptop does not have any antivirus installed my sister's laptop has AVG but the problems persist even after disabling it -In the advanced sharing settings Network Discovery is ON File Printer sharing is ON on my sister's laptop where the printer is connected but OFF on my laptop this is my nd problem described above Password protected sharing is OFF on both laptops -I tried to ping ALICE from my laptop using its IP address and its name and its replied successfully From ALICE when I pinged my laptop using the IP address I got a reply when I pinged using the device name quot Kyris-Laptop quot I got not reply - Both laptops are joined in a Homegroup where file and printer sharing is supposed to be enabled I tried leaving the homegroup from both laptops but the problems persist I've been searching google and forums the whole day in order to find a solution some other people did have similar problems with the quot Turn file printer sharing on quot feature not staying on and they suggested some solutions but nothing worked for me One suggestion was to check to make sure that services were running on my laptop Server UPnP Device Host DNS Client SSPD Discovery and Function Discovery Resource Publicatio... Read more

A:Workstation service won't start (Error 2)

Go to Start type in CMD run as Administrator.

At the command prompt type in

SFC /SCANNOW

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/workstation-service-wont-start-error-2-a-612107.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I've searched through here a bit and it seems like others have had this problem hoping I can find a solution Recently bought Service (Error Cannot Start 5) DHCP a new machine after my old computer's motherboard died HP desktop running Vista Home Premium GB ram ghz processor Networking was working fine at home and DHCP Service Cannot Start (Error 5) I was DHCP Service Cannot Start (Error 5) actually enjoying the whole experience more than I expected DHCP Service Cannot Start (Error 5) coming into Vista Yesterday I took the computer to a LAN party and as soon as I got there the problems began On startup at the LAN party I noticed that the network connection icon had the red x and said network status unknown After about an hour of searching around I found that the issue stemmed from the DHCP Service's inability to start properly Also ironically the system event viewer service is unable to start as well which restricts me from viewing the error log as far as I can tell Some system info I've seen requested before related to this problem Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Newman gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name COMP- Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - F-C - C- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d eb b a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AE - - -B -B F E B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Newman gt net start dhcp System error has occurred Access is denied C Users Newman gt sc sdshow dhcp D A CCLCSWLOCRRC AU A CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC NO A CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWD WO BA A CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC SY I'm at my wit's end here I've even gone so far as to attempt a system restore from many different restore points they continuously encounter unexpected errors and do not work Any help is appreciated Zanz

A:DHCP Service Cannot Start (Error 5)

There is a link in here that might be of assistance: Cannot start Dhcp client

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/162301-dhcp-service-cannot-start-error-5-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,
We are getting the following error message when we try to start "MS Software Shadow Copy Provider" in Services. (This service is required by Norton Ghost 10 when creating a Back Up (Recovery Point) Image.)

We are having this problem on a Windows XP Home Edition, SP2 computer.

Services
? ?Could not Start the MS Software Shadow Copy Provider Service on Local
Computer. Error 1053: The Service did not Respond to the Start or Control
Request in a Timely Fashion?.

Microsoft KB article 839174 resolution to this problem is to install the latest service pack for the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1, service pack 1.
We have this already installed on the computer. We also downloaded and installed framework 2.0 (KB829019) from the Windows Update site.
This doesn't solve the problem.

Does anyone know how to correct this problem? Any suggestions would be
appreciated.
Thanks

A:Error 1053: Cannot Start Service

Did you reboot after the Windows Updates?
Just a thought

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-1053-cannot-start-service-94843.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

I am currently running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and one morning, my audio stopped working. I discovered audio stopped working because the Windows Audio Service, which relied on the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder service, which relied on the Power service, all stopped working.

So to solve my audio problems, I must first start the Power service.

However when I try to start it, it gives the following message:

Windows could not start the Power service on Local Computer.
Error 127: The specified procedure could not be found.

Could someone please help me solve this issue.

Thanks.

A:Cannot start Power service, error 127

A corrupt file in the winmgt can cause a service or Services not to start. This could be your problem. I'll upload a txt file that you can edit the text out at the end and save it as a bat file. Run it at an elevated command prompt and it should remove some old cat files that might be the problem. On a reboot the cat's will be recreated. I have a more detailed solution that does the same thing I will look for it also. I have forgot where I got these files but I think it was from the forum.

Attachment 222431

Attachment 222432

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/241539-cannot-start-power-service-error-127-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys,

I have a nasty problem on Windows 8.1

My BITS Service won't start (and therefor Update, Store, etc are all down).

Event log shows two error events;

The BITS service failed to start. Error 0x80070002.
The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service terminated with the following service-specific error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

Addditionally another error appears every now and then:
The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for FailureActions with the following error:
Access is denied.

I've tried so far:
wsreset.exe
Windows Update Troubleshooter -> first few times it just said it coudn't fix my problem, now it just hangs on starting BITS
sfc /scannow -> no errors found
Microsoft FixIT for Win Update
System Restore
Refreshing the image using DISM
I checked all the registery keys for BITS with another build 9600 pc and made them matching, no effect.
I cleared the Data Store folder and restarted Win update serv, no effect on BITS

Any thoughts?

A:BITS Service won't start Error 0x80070002

Sorry for doublepost, found a possibly related error in event log:

The server {4991D34B-80A1-4291-83B6-3328366B9097} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Source: DistributedCOM

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68617-bits-service-wont-start-error-0x80070002.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello First off let me say thanks in advance to anyone that may be able to help me out here i have been going crazy trying to fix my mothers computer My Mom called me a few days ago and says quot can you come look at my computer it won t dial-up to the internet quot start Telephony will not service 193:Oxc1 Error I went to investigate and sure enough it will not dial-up to the internet yes my Mom still has dial-up MSN rolleyes anyways the first thing i did Error 193:Oxc1 will not start Telephony service was check the telephone jack to make sure it was working properly by plugging a telephone into the jack and all was working well I signed on her computer and then clicked on the MSN butterfly to sign on but nothing no noise of the modem dialing up Next i tried to go to Control Panel - Hardware and click on the Error 193:Oxc1 will not start Telephony service Telephone Modem icon to check the settings etc and it would NOT let me open it Next i went to the Connection settings on the MSN sign on and i clicked where you can change your settings Error 193:Oxc1 will not start Telephony service like the phone number you are dialing from etc it starts going through this procedure and then shows an ERROR quot There is a problem with a Windows Service TapiSrv to resolve the problem click quot fix quot I clicked on quot fix quot and it shows a green bar go accross like it s fixed and then goes right back to the message about a problem with TapiSrv again I also get Error Oxc could not start the telephony service on local computer I tried going to START-RUN-servicesmsc and then doule clicked on Telephony it shows under the general tab Start-up Type MANUAL under that it says SERVICE STATUS and that shows STOPPED for the heck of it i clicked on START and that s when i get the ERROR Oxc quot Could not start Telephony service on local computer quot I am totally lost here guys and my Mom is going nuts because she can t get online it shows the modem is working properly and i even put the driver disc in that came with her Dell computer for the Modem BCM V k and re-installed the drivers thinking maybe that would help Anyone have any ideas at all She said her computer was working perfectly fine the night before i even did a RESTORE to earlier dates thinking that may help and no luck with that either Thanks guys nbsp

A:Error 193:Oxc1 will not start Telephony service

forgot to mention that some of the windows don't want to close and then you'll get a box pop-up saying " rundll32.exe not responding "

also had another Error that showed

" TAPI ERROR 80000048 "

I just don't understand how her computer was working fine the night before and dialing up to the internet and now it won't .. she said she did not download anything. I did a System Restore a couple times and went back a few days and then went back a month and it still did not solve the problem.

Could it be some sort of virus or trojan horse ? i ran her AVG and it scanned the whole computer and showed no threats or viruses found, i also ran her spybot program as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-193-oxc1-will-not-start-telephony-service.110140/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi All,

Anyone could u please help me for this problem.

I just change my office internet modem. And after i change to the IP and DNS to obtain automatically, 1 of my computer was having problem connect to the server, we are using a "TP-Link Switch".  The computer is connected to the switch and able to connect to internet but failed to share files and folders.

When I tried to start the "server" services in services.msc, it show this error message.>>Could not start the Server service on local Computer. Error 126: The specified module cannot be found<<
I  tried this method but also failed to fix it.
Error message when starting the Server service in Windows XPhttp://www.winhelponline.com/articles/64/1/

Okay for this command,
expand CD drive:\i386\srv.sy_ %systemroot%\system32\drivers\srv.sys  

I stuck at "expand E:\i386\srvsvc.dl_ C:\Windows\system32\srvsvc.dll" 

A:Unable to Start "Server" Service - ERROR 126

Do you have a Windows Xp disk?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568252/unable-to-start-server-service-error-126/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys,

I have a problem on Windows 8.1 (Build 9600)

My BITS Service won't start (and therefor Update, Store, etc are all down).

Event log shows two error events;

The BITS service failed to start. Error 0x80070002.
The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service terminated with the following service-specific error:

Addditionally another error appears every now and then:
The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for FailureActions with the following error:
Access is denied.

I've tried so far:
wsreset.exe
Windows Update Troubleshooter -> first few times it just said it coudn't fix my problem, now it just hangs on starting BITS
sfc /scannow -> no errors found
Microsoft FixIT for Win Update
System Restore
Refreshing the image using DISM
I checked all the registery keys for BITS with another build 9600 pc and made them matching, no effect.

Any thoughts?

A:BITS Service won't start Error 0x80070002

I found a new error in event log that might be related:
The server {4991D34B-80A1-4291-83B6-3328366B9097} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Source: DistributedCOM

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/bits-service-wont-start-error-0x80070002-1018106.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

Please help me with my issue.
Below error has been keep popping in Windows 7 Event Viewer whenever I bootup my system, I had even format my system drive and it still happening.
I also have observed that now my PC took a little while more to load.

The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the following error:

Attached is the screenshot of the error.

Thank you in advance and your helps are appreciated.

Regards,
Wayn Ong

A:The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the following error:

Welcome aboard Do you have Open Hardware Monitor installed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/476172/the-winring0-1-2-0-service-failed-to-start-due-to-the-following-error/
Relevancy 54.18%

After running windows in safe mode to test something my firewall stopped working. I need some help since i could not find anything related to this issue on Win10. When i try to initialize windows Firewall service i get the message error 1068 and when i try to run it through Control Painel i get another message error with the code 0x8007042c.
Anyone know what can be causing that? If you need, i can provide more information about the issue. Btw there is aN event log saved on my pc everytime i start windows (ID 7001)

i also cannot run SFC /scannow anymore.. this is getting annoying.

A:ERROR 1068: Cannot start Firewall service

The firewall service could be turned off/stopped - check this by searching for 'services' in the search bar. If the Windows firewall service is stopped, try and start it or if it is already running, try restarting it.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38541-error-1068-cannot-start-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 54.18%

when i try to start the theme service which allows me to change and activate themes it says ''error 2: the system cannot find the file specified''

A:error trying to start the theme service :rolleyes:

hey when u find a solution can u tell me about it because i have the same problem

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/196594-error-trying-start-theme-service-rolleyes.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,

I have created a service using the following command in cmd prompt:
sc \\computername create servicename binpath= C:\Windows\System32\sam.exe

Then in the service list, I could see my service.
When I right clicked on the service and clicked on Start , I am getting a pop-up with the following error:
Windows could not start the newservice4 service on Local Computer.

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

And the status of the service getting reflected as "Starting" or blank.
Please suggest how this error can be resolved.

A:Getting Error 1053 where trying to start a windows service

Perhaps this will help?

Debugging Windows Service Timeout Error 1053

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276614-getting-error-1053-where-trying-start-windows-service.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,
Please help me with my issue.
Below error has been keep popping in Windows 7 Event Viewer whenever I bootup my system.
Thank you in advance and your helps are appreciated.
Regards,

Ian Hourston

A:he WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the following error:

Try going into Services, find that service, and disable it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558093/he-winring0-1-2-0-service-failed-to-start-due-to-the-following-error/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I have been keep receiving the below error in my Windows 7 Event Viewer and I have observed that now my PC took a little while more to load. This also happened after I did a format to my system drive.

Attached is the screenshot of the error.

Regards,
Wayn Ong

A:The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the following error:

This also happened after I did a format to my system drive.Click to expand...

hmm; looks like that was a poor choice.
After the reformatting, ALL the OEM drivers were lost. You need to visit the barnd name website and download all the drivers.
I also see you posted to bleepingcomputer.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-winring0_1_2_0-service-failed-to-start-due-to-the-following-error.187484/
Relevancy 53.75%

hi...i did everything (as far as i know) to have my bluetooth work,no good.... i uninstalled the drivers and reinstall it. i even updated the drivers, but it didn't solve the problem.. many people said that it was because of the service pack 2. what i did was to uninstall service pack 2, but still, it didn't work. i can only send files from my phone to my laptop via file transfer wizard...that's the only thing i can do with my bluetooth... i'm thinking of reformatting it, do you guys think it will solve my prob? if you have other ideas, please help...thanks...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-unable-to-start-bluetooth-stack-service-454685.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently got a virus on my PC and managed to get rid of it. I was using TDSS killer and it somehow removed my svchost.exe -k netsvrs file from registry and I am almost positive this is why I cannot start it. Although I do not know how to fix it. I am running windows 7 ultimate x64. If anyone could give me some input on how I might fix this registry problem I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks!

A:Error 1083, Windows 7 Theme Service won't start

welcome to the forum
Try to run a startup repair:

Startup Repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237373-error-1083-windows-7-theme-service-wont-start.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

I have Windows XP SP3 installed on my desktop and suddenly my LAN/NIC is not receiving and sending packets from my network. The DHCP Client Services and TcpIP services wont start it gives error from the above.

From the device manager of non-plug and play drivers, the tcpip protocol driver, ip network address translator and netbios over tcpip has exclamation point. When I uninstall the drivers and start the services the connection is established but when I shutdown/restart the PC it will came back again the issue.

AFD is running

Below drivers are present in system32\drivers folder.

afd.sys
tcpip.sys
netbt.sys
Any ideas?

A:DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068

Hello,

I update the system and the LAN driver but still the issue exist.

I copy the netbt.sys from a working machine and paste that to the non-working machine. Same problem.

Is there other way resolving this issue aside from repairing or fresh install of the OS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dhcp-client-service-wont-start-error-1068.197233/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have recently installed Windows 7 on my new computer. My sound drivers are all up to date, and the Device Manager knows they are there and working. However, the Volume Adjuster has the speaker with the red and white cross, and when the audio troubleshooter pops up, it does nothing to fix the problem, just acknowledges that there is one...

So, I looked up solutions, and was told to enable the Windows Audio service. I tried, and got a 1067 Error (Unexpectedly terminated). I have started, and successfully run, all of the dependencies, yet Windows Audio still won't run. I ran the 'sfc /scannow' as I was told that might work, but no luck. I also uninstalled and reinstalled my audio driver numerous amounts of times, still no luck. I'm running out of options, so I came here.

Please, any help would be appreciated.

A:Windows Audio service won't Start Error 1067

Did you clean install Windows 7 or upgrade?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/84315-windows-audio-service-wont-start-error-1067-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

heelo guy.its me agaiin heheh, have a security warning that my automatic update is tirned off when i click
on this is icon it opens window security center i try to turn it on but am
tolld it can do do it from there and to go to control panel. but in atomatic
updates through control panel it shows atomatic updates as on. Try to update
and am told to run services.msc.
try to enable updates and get "cannot start the automaic updates on local
computor
ERROR 1058 the servces cannot start either because it is disabled or
because it has no enable devise accouiated with it.

A:Could not start the Automatic Updates service - Error 1058

Have you checked in your Windows Services listing? Logged on with your Admin account, Click Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services, and scroll down to Automatic Update Service. Right click, click Properties and be sure it is set to Start Type: Automatic, click the Apply button, and then click Status: Start button. Maybe it got turned off somehow at this level. Happened to me one time for no explicable reason. Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219832/could-not-start-the-automatic-updates-service-error-1058/
Relevancy 53.75%

Whenever I start my computer, after about 10 minutes, a little window from BTTray pops up and tells me this error message. This didnt happen until I installed Vista Service Pack 1. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

A:Error: unable to start bluetooth stack service

I am getting the same issue after I installed Vista Service Pack 2. In my search, I'm finding a growing number having the same problem. I've yet to find a fix.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-unable-to-start-bluetooth-stack-service-293938.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Since upgrading the operating system to Win 7, I started receiving the error as follows:

ERROR: Unable to start the bluetooth stack service

I ran reg cure and still no fix. I'm not an expert on computers so any help is greatly appreciated!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3838 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M G, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 289788 MB, Free - 123315 MB; D: Total - 15359 MB, Free - 7868 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0K171D, A15, .6DP77J1.CN4864391N0327.
Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-unable-to-start-the-bluetooth-stack-service.1004329/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all,

Recently my search using the top right bar in Windows Explorer is not working.
It was working ok yesterday.

Upon looking on Services, Windows Search status is Stopped.
When I try to start Windows Search Service I get the following error.
"Windows could not start the Windows Search service on Local Computer.
Error 1613: The installation package cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service. You must install a Windows service pack that contains a newer version of the Windows Installer service."

I also checked Event Viewer and found this under Administrative Events:
"The Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 36 time(s)."

Your help is much appreciated.

A:Windows Search Service can't start, Error 1613

Jmarevalo

-First you should delete all files with .BLF and .REGTRANS-MS extension by following directory:

C:\windows\system32\config\TxR

-May be these files in the folder location above are hidden and to view these Files you should set the system under Tools - Folder Options.

-After deleting these files , reboot your system. Once rebooted, hopefully the Windows Search service will start

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/290588-windows-search-service-cant-start-error-1613-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi All I've been having a problem installing Windows updates and certain other software packages lately It seems the Windows Module Installer Module cannot be started as below - so I've taken Windows Modules Error service Installer start cannot 126: - the liberty to push diagnostics a bit further all below as well Apologies for the French let me know if Error 126: cannot start service - Windows Modules Installer you need anything translated The last step is ICACLS command saying quot c windows CSC trustedinstaller Access Denied quot and stopping there Any help would be greatly appreciated from this side of the pond Thank you in advance Kind regards Error 126: cannot start service - Windows Modules Installer Thierry Code C Windows System gt net start trustedinstaller Le service Programme d'installation pour les modules Windows d marre Le service Programme d'installation pour les modules Windows n'a pas pu tre lan c Une erreur syst me s'est produite L'erreur syst me s'est produite Le module sp cifi est introuvable C Windows System gt sc qc trustedinstaller SC QueryServiceConfig r ussite s SERVICE NAME trustedinstaller TYPE WIN OWN PROCESS START TYPE AUTO START ERROR CONTROL NORMAL BINARY PATH NAME C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe LOAD ORDER GROUP ProfSvc Group TAG DISPLAY NAME Programme d'installation pour les modules Windows DEPENDENCIES SERVICE START NAME localSystem C Windows System gt dir c windows trustedinstaller S Le volume dans le lecteur C n'a pas de nom Le num ro de s rie du volume est FABE- BD R pertoire de c windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe fichier s octets R pertoire de c windows servicing fr-FR TrustedInstaller exe mui fichier s octets R pertoire de c windows winsxs amd microsoft-windows-t installer resources bf ad e fr-fr a b cf a TrustedInstaller exe mui fichier s octets R pertoire de c windows winsxs amd microsoft-windows-t installer resources bf ad e fr-fr d f acc bc TrustedInstaller exe mui fichier s octets R pertoire de c windows winsxs amd microsoft-windows-trustedinstaller bf ad e none ed b d bca TrustedInstaller exe fichier s octets R pertoire de c windows winsxs amd microsoft-windows-trustedinstaller bf ad e none ef f c c TrustedInstaller exe fichier s octets Total des fichiers list s fichier s octets R p s octets libres C Windows System gt icacls c windows trustedinstaller T c windows CSC trustedinstaller Acc s refus fichiers correctement trait s chec du traitement de fichiers C Windows System gt

A:Error 126: cannot start service - Windows Modules Installer

That error is common - and nothing to worry about.
Use these commands instead...

DIR C:\Windows\servicing\TrustedInstaller.* /S
ICACLS C:\Windows\servicing\TrustedInstaller.* /T

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/305140-error-126-cannot-start-service-windows-modules-installer.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Starting yesterday I haven't been able to connect to my network via Ethernet I'm using the onboard network Error DHCP Start Service Won't - Client 1068 adapter from my ASUS M N -SLI Deluxe mobo and Vista Ultimate Bit Under device manager my network adapter is NVIDIA nforce Mbps Ethernet That's a generic name I checked my mobo specs and it's specifically a NVIDIA nForce SLI MCP I have the latest driver which is My router is a Linksys WRT GSv I want to use a dynamic address I have a static IP set up on my wireless and that's working fine right now But I can't connect using either of my Ethernet ports I've switched ports on my router DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068 but my connects no problem so I don't think it's the router Under network connections my Local Area Connection is stuck on quot Identifying quot If I double click it and click details I have no DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068 default gateway Belarc Advisor tells me DHCP Server none responded I've been researching the problem as much as I can So my DHCP Client Service Won't Start I get Error Which is the dependency services or group failed to start The dependencies I have for the DHCP Client Service are Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver gt TCP IP Protocal Driver Network Store Interface Service gt NSI proxy service Under services I can see that Network Store Interface Service is running I ftyped net start AFD on cmd I was told that the service is already running So that leaves TCP IP but I am able to ping so I don't know what the problem could be here

A:DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068

Originally Posted by Tyler1986

Starting yesterday I haven't been able to connect to my network via Ethernet.

I'm using the onboard network adapter from my ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe mobo and Vista Ultimate 64 Bit. Under device manager my network adapter is NVIDIA nforce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet. That's a generic name, I checked my mobo specs and it's specifically a NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP. I have the latest driver which is 67.8.9.0. My router is a Linksys WRT54GSv4.

I want to use a dynamic address, I have a static IP set up on my wireless and that's working fine right now. But I can't connect using either of my Ethernet ports. I've switched ports on my router, but my 360 connects no problem so I don't think it's the router.

Under network connections my Local Area Connection is stuck on "Identifying..." If I double click it and click details I have no default gateway. Belarc Advisor tells me DHCP Server: none responded.

I've been researching the problem as much as I can. So my DHCP Client Service Won't Start, I get Error 1068 Which is the dependency services or group failed to start. The dependencies I have for the DHCP Client Service are

Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock
NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver > TCP/IP Protocal Driver
Network Store Interface Service> NSI proxy service

Under services I can see that Network Store Interface Service is running. I ftyped net start AFD on cmd I was told that the service is already running. So that leaves TCP/IP, but I am able to ping 127.0.01 so I don't know what the problem could be here.

Hi,

1. Type netsh winsock reset catalog in elevated command prompt and press enter.
2. Once the command finished her work restart your system and try to start the service

Let me know the result

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/238665-dhcp-client-service-wont-start-error-1068-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Last night there was a power failure (lightning strike) while I was running Windows Update. Today when I run Windows Update I get Error 80246008, and I am unable to start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS), which gives service-specific error code -2147024713.

What I have done so far to try to solve the problem:

1. Run sfc /scannow, which reports no errors.

2. Deleted the contents of the C:\ProgramData\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader folder.

3. Run Microsoft Fix It 50202 in Aggressive mode, which is supposed to solve this problem. It reports that it is unable to start the BITS service.

I'm about out of ideas, so some help would be appreciated.

A:Windows Update error; cannot start BITS service

I solved the problem. First, I did a system restore from the last restore point prior to the power failure. But that wasn't the only thing necessary. I then ran Microsoft Fix it 50123, which apparently recreated the damaged files in the C:\ProgramData\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader folder and successfully started the BITS service. And that seemed to take care of it; Windows Update ran without error. The only trouble with these Fix its and wizards is that you don't entirely know what they do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/256605-windows-update-error-cannot-start-bits-service.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Two days ago, I had to configure my PC to my college domain so as to access the on-campus network access. The configuration was successful but on opening network and sharing center, I find "Dependency service or group failed to start" error message in place of the connected network name. Oddly, this error is not interfering with my internet connection whether on-campus or off-campus. Now, if I had to manually enter an IP address, I have to go all the way through "Change adapter settings option" and select properties from my WiFi name. I could not find any fix to the issue. Please help.
Regards

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/73568-dependency-service-group-failed-start-error.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello not Audio error 1067 Service will Windows start, This is my first time asking for help thank you for your time I have an Asus N JV laptop with windows It has been working great the last year but Windows Audio Service will not start, error 1067 after a recent windows update my audio completely stopped working After running the troubleshooter it stated the following One or more audio service isn't running Not fixed Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for audio to work correctly Atleast one of these services isn't running After doing some research I was able to view the local services running on my laptop I found that Windows Audio Endpoint Builder is running but Windows Audio is not When trying to start Windows Audio I got the following messgae Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer Error The process terminated unexpectedly How do I get my audio back I have Online Lectures I need to watch for school so any help would be great Thank you for your time jvelichk

A:Windows Audio Service will not start, error 1067

Do you have a System Restore point that is BEFORE the last update?

Sadly, you may have to do a reinstall or if you have a backup a restore from the backup. My Windows 8.1 was corrupted by the last update (my suspicion). Fortunately I had a recent full backup and restored from the backup.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/60868-windows-audio-service-will-not-start-error-1067-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi

I get the above error when i try and start the above service , it says that the module could not be found , im trying to do some trouble shooting by enabling and disableing services .

Thanks
Rich

A:Human interface service wont start , error 126

Maybe it's because you do not have any peripheral attached that requires that service. You could leave it at Default.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/human-interface-service-wont-start-error-126.230284/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,
I have a pretty frustrating problem with my Windows 8.1 laptop. The BITS service won't start. There are 3 different errors shown in Event Viewer:
1. The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service terminated with the following service-specific error:
2. The BITS service failed to start. Error 0x80070002.
3. The server {4991D34B-80A1-4291-83B6-3328366B9097} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
So far I have tried:
-chkdsk
-sfc/scannow
-Windows Update Troubleshooter
-wsreset.exe
-Refreshing the image using DISM
-making sure the registry key parameters were correct
How can I fix this issue?
Thank you very much

A:The BITS service failed to start. Error 0x80070002.

After looking more into the issue, I noticed a few other problems.
1. I can't register qmgr.dll: the module qmgr.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found
2. Windows Automatic Update Service is not showing up in services.msc. I read in a forum that I should type this command into command prompt to reinstall it: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 %windir%\inf\au.inf
But command prompt just tells me that the installation failed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/the-bits-service-failed-to-start-error-0x80070002-1026266.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I've gotten this error every time my computer freezes and makes a horrible noise in my headset, the only way to fix that is to turn the computer off. I am pretty sure this is from a virus called "Free Ride Games" that I somehow got on my computer while cleaning it up. The error is  the X5XSEx_Pr143 service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. I was wondering if anyone could help me fix this problem/ Virus.

A:the X5XSEx_Pr143 service failed to start due to the following error: The system

I'm sorry I didn't post in the right forums I just realized there was more I was just sick and tired of this virus that I was in a hurry.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502825/the-x5xsex-pr143-service-failed-to-start-due-to-the-following-error-the-system/
Relevancy 52.89%

I get cannot start the print spooler service on local computer. I have set the print spooler to automatic and started the remote procedure call manager and set it to automatic but still get error. Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-1068-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.973511/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi

I have been trying everything to get bits service to work.As i am not a IT specialist i need help

Took advice from a friend.He messed up and now windows update etc. wont work>will post anything that is needed as i said i am not a IT person.

Also the memory and disk usage is very high.Disk spikes to 100% for no reason
Memory also is high but only running chrome

Please assist!!!!
Niel Erasmus

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70027-bits-service-gives-error-5-access-denied-unable-start.html
Relevancy 52.89%

For about a week now when I start my computer i get this message EDSLoader exe not found Reinstalling Keymanager DLL may fix the problem Since I bought this computer I have never been able to install service pack Microsoft has been music Message service error, Start Random pack2 , of no help Yesterday I began to hear random musical notes on the speakers I'm wondering if not being able to download SP has anything to do with this I do have SP and SP It was my understanding that SP included everything in SP and SP so I didn't worry about it I was recently told that this is not the case Don't know if this is important but I'm running AVG free edition Zone Alarm Malwarbytes Super Antispyware and Ad-aware Yesterday I downloaded a Start Message error, Random music , service pack2 Keygen and I Start Message error, Random music , service pack2 also recently downloaded Utorrent Please help and thanks in advance Booh-kitty Also I see in the report that it says I have Internet Explorer I don't use except to get Windows updates I also have Mozzilla but I use Google Chrome Just thought I'd tell you in case it might happen to be important DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Sherri Taylor at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePerformance MemCheck exe C Program Files Intel AMT atchksrv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Acer LANScope Agent awServ exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C WINDOWS system ifxspmgt exe C Acer LANScope Agent LockKM exe C WINDOWS system ifxtcs exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Intel AMT LMS exe C Acer Empowering Technology eLock LockServ exe C WINDOWS system IfxPsdSv exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Intel AMT UNS exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRAgent exe C WINDOWS system SysMonitor exe C Acer Empowering Technology eLock Monitor LockMon exe C Program Files Intel AMT atchk exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Infineon Security Platform Software PSDrt exe C Program Files Infineon Security Platform Software SpTna exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Documents and Settings Sherri Taylor Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C Documents and Settings Sherri Taylor L... Read more

A:Start Message error, Random music , service pack2

Hello..Cracks and Key Generators WarningYour system is full of "cracks and keygens", this means You have used cracks or key generators.Some of the worst types of malware infections can be contracted and spread by visiting crack, keygen, warez and other pirated software sites. In many cases, these sites are infested with a sm?rg?sbord of malware. Those who attempt to get software for free can end up with a computer system so badly damaged that recovery is not possible and it cannot be repaired. When that happens there is nothing you can do besides reformatting and reinstalling Windows.Merely visiting such sites without downloading ANYTHING is one of the worst things a user can do online. They are illegal. Cracked software is notorious for carrying malware/infections. How do you think these people make their money... they aren't really giving you this software out of the goodness of their hearts. Also a 'cracked' version of a security suite is obviouslly "bad" for the system. I would like you to agree that you will NOT use any crack/keygens anymore from now on, until we are clean!Peer-to-Peer Programs WarningYour log shows that you are using so called peer-to-peer or file-sharing programs. These programs allow to share files between users as the name(s) suggest. In today's world cyber crime has come to an enormous dimension and any means is used to infect personal computers to make use of their stored data or machine power for further propagation of the malware files. A popular means is the use of file-sharing tools as a tremendous amount of prospective victims can be reached through it.It is therefore possible to be infected by downloading manipulated files via peer-to-peer tools and thus suggested to be used with intense care. Some further readings on this subject, along the included links, are as follows: File-Sharing, otherwise known as Peer To Peer and Risks of File-Sharing Technology.It is also important to note that sharing entertainment files and proprietary software infringes the copyright laws in many countries over the world and you are putting yourself at risk of being indicted through organizations watching over the rights of the authors of such files (i.e. the RIAA for music files, or the MPAA for movie files in the USA) or the authors of the files themselves.Naturally there are also legal ways to use these services, such as downloading Linux distributions or office suites such as "Open Office."I suggest you remove it via add/remove NOW!. If you decide to keep it, please refrain from using them until your computer has been declared clean!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/200435/start-message-error-random-music-service-pack2/
Relevancy 52.89%

This is my last try for help with this issue I'm going to start at start Base Engine 1068 Filtering not Error service will (BFE) the very beginning and I really Base Filtering Engine (BFE) service will not start Error 1068 hope this site can help me out First off I have a Dell desktop running Windows Home Premium connected to a Brother all in one printer I recently purchased a Dell Laptop running Windows and am trying to share the home group so I can use the printer on my laptop Now I'm not a beginner at this part so it should only take a few minutes to do this right Well obviously I have a problem which is preventing the desktop PC from sharing Open up printer settings and I try to change share options I click apply and get an error code stating it's unable to apply changes to the printer I'm pretty certain I know why it's preventing sharing but I can't seem to fix it The only antivirus software I have on the desktop is McAfee security center with paid subscription Easy way around that is to uninstall Did that reboot still can't start BFE or Windows Firewall Given error when trying to start BFE in Services and of course the firewall won't start without BFE I've ran the scan in command prompt I've scanned for viruses with MULTIPLE programs that were talked about in other forums I've ran registry repairs I've created everyone and gave all access to BFE in regedit I've done everything Base Filtering Engine (BFE) service will not start Error 1068 I can think of and BFE WILL NOT START Can someone please point me to the right direction This is a dang headache just to share a home group with my laptop especially when I don't print THAT much stuff anyway

A:Base Filtering Engine (BFE) service will not start Error 1068

Hello, lets look at these services. Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522563/base-filtering-engine-bfe-service-will-not-start-error-1068/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I would be so grateful if anyone could help me with a problem with my laptop Everything was working fine until I booted up yesterday morning and it took absolutely ages - at least minutes On finally slow connecting to error start up, windows Extremely service booting up the desktop icons had turned huge and the laptop was generally very slow I ran chkdsk and since then the laptop now boots up and the icons are correctly sized but I get a message in the system tray saying 'unable to to connect to windows service' and it still takes ages to boot up The design of windows has also changed to a basic version In addition to running chkdsk I have performed scans with superantispyware and malware bytes no issues just tracking cookies which I deleted Could anyone please help I use my laptop for work I am self employed so could do with sorting this out asap I don't have a huge amount of files so while I'd prefer not to do a complete re-install this is an option if needs be My laptop is a sony vaio running windows bit GB Extremely slow start up, error connecting to windows service Intel Extremely slow start up, error connecting to windows service core i CPU My knowledge is fairly basic so if any further info is required please let me know and I will provide it Thanks an advance for any help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627693/extremely-slow-start-up-error-connecting-to-windows-service/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am having problems with my computer I cannot seem to update anything I am running Windows Home Premium bit I first noticed that Adobe Java and Microsoft Security Essentials would no longer update I have not tried to Windows Error to start, unable 0x8007277a service Update use Microsoft Update but Windows Update service unable to start, Error 0x8007277a I am certain that would fail as well which is why I have not even bothered Every time I tried to update one of those programs I would get an error saying that the server was unavailable and to please check my internet connection or it could not update due to an internet or network connectivity issue However Malwarebytes Anti malware will update the definitions just fine for some reason Microsoft Security Essentials shows the most recent definitions as Jan so it would seem the problem happened around that time Running a manual update of MSE definitions gives me an error of x Well the browser was showing web pages just fine so after some googling and searching around I realized that the quot Windows Update quot service and the quot Background Intelligent Transfer Service quot were not running Attempting to restart the computer and manually quot start quot either of these services would bring up an error message Trying to manually start Windows Update service gives the error x a I tried to use Microsoft's quot Fix-It quot solution which also immediately gave me an error saying that the computer failed to connect to all of the servers required to run it thus it failed If anyone could help me or has had a similar situation that they solved I would be very grateful This one has me stumped Thank you MS ETA - Checking through the error log in System I keep seeing errors over and over that show the Windows Update service and BITS service terminating with the following error - Also many more times than that are errors saying that quot The IPsec Policy Agent service terminated with the following error The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized quot Checking through the error log in Adminstrative Services around that time I see hundreds of instances of one error over and over sometimes only seconds apart not sure if it has anything to do with it but here it is It says the source is Side by Side under the general tab Activation context generation failed for quot C Windows WinSxS x microsoft vc mfc fc b b a e e b none cbf d MFC U DLL quot Dependent Assembly Microsoft VC MFCLOC processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot type quot win quot ver sion quot quot could not be found Please use sxstrace exe for detailed diagnosis and under the details tab Microsoft VC MFCLOC processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot type quot win quot ver sion quot quot C Windows WinSxS x microsoft vc mfc fc b b a e e b none cbf d MFC U DLL

A:Windows Update service unable to start, Error 0x8007277a

Hi, Welcome to forums.

This could be an issue with third party winsock. You can reset winsock. Here's how you can do it.

1.Click the Windows Start button.

2. Type Cmd in the Start Search text box and press Ctrl-Shift-Enter (keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator). Click Continue to allow elevation request.

3. Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.

4. Type netsh int ipv4 reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.

5. If you use ipv6, type netsh int ipv6 reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.

Note: you may need to run Network Diagnostics afterwards to "repair" your connection after this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/322297-windows-update-service-unable-start-error-0x8007277a.html