Windows Support Forum

Old Samsung InfoRanger Firmware Out There Anywhere?

Q: Old Samsung InfoRanger Firmware Out There Anywhere?

Like the title says I am looking for a firmware upgrade for my Samsung InfoRanger SCM-110R.

Recently my ISP upgraded their signals and the InfoRanger doesn't work any longer. The firmware on the device is well over nine years old, and I'd like to try and upgrade it.

I realize this modem is a dinosaur but I can't afford a new one right now so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Nostzz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-samsung-inforanger-firmware-out-there-anywhere.879056/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Old Samsung InfoRanger Firmware Out There Anywhere?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 62.78%

Can't seem to find an answer to my question - Does the firmware update mean I have to reinstall windows? I have done firmware updates on other devices in the past, but not on a "boot" device, so just need an answer.

Edit: According to samsung it does not wipe HD, but just wanted people who have done an "inplace upgrade" to answer.

Edit: It worked fine through magician.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/71269-samsung-850-evo-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hard Drives Hitachi {Firmware SAMSUNG Bug} HD155UI/HD204UI HDS DLE nbsp Firmware M OASR nbsp Serial Number MSK HILD G nbsp Features- S M A R T nbsp bit LBA {Firmware Bug} SAMSUNG HD155UI/HD204UI APM {Firmware Bug} SAMSUNG HD155UI/HD204UI NCQ nbsp I have tried backing up system image to my ext hard drive since early last month July but nbsp there is always the error message The backup failed New bad clusters were found on the source volume These clusters were not backed up x D Run SFC Scannow- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations nbsp Lately while going through CrystalDiskInfo clicking Functions I come across nbsp Workaround which gives this nbsp message Firmware Bug SAMSUNG HD UI HD UI nbsp Googling the above message brings me the website knowledge seagate com articles US FAQ en- Samsung HD UI JP exe Firmware Patch Update If the host issues an identify command during an action of writing data nbsp in NCQ the data's writing can be destabilized and can lead to data loss This is relevant for Samsung-model ID with the following model numbers HD UI nbsp Can this patch update fixed the system image backup failure

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Firmware-Bug-SAMSUNG-HD155UI-HD204UI/td-p/5722959
Relevancy 61.92%

g'day,

my dvd player (samsung ts-h352a) has been having issues lately meaning that it very rarely reads any cd inside. It's light will slowly pulse but it does not sound like it spins up and then reports that there is no cd in the drive. all cd's are original manufacturer copies. I went to the samsung site to upgrade the firmware and it has offered me a *.bin file that has no windows assosciation. when i look for drivers through device manager it looks for only *.inf files. what am i doing wrong, any suggestions to alternate fixes perhaps?

cheers, Hrtbob

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello all My system specs are the following Windows Enterprise -bit UEFI Bios Phoenix BIOS version and drivers are updated also confirmed by Slimdrivers Samsung Series ULTRA U C-S PT Also It is an hybrid drive TB HDD amp GB SSD that is supposedly well installed the laptop never been so fast after formating and installing windows with express cache to take advantage of SSD hybrid boosting Windows works like a speedster the SAMSUNG firmware settings UEFI only UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG problem is the inaccessibility of BIOS for example i want to enable the virtualization VT-X to install Oracle VM and i can't go BIOS to edit virtualization Problems UEFI BIOS firmware settings boot dialog is inaccessible Not working suggested fixes i hotkeys Esc F F F and F don't log in BIOS Although safe mode debug logging etc are available Disabling Fast Bios in the control panel gt power management dialog doesn't do anything ii UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG automatic repair seems to give an error after the account is specified in the repair boot dialog it gives error iii recovery gt Advanced options gt UEFI Firmware Settings Boot is not Visible iv EasyUEFI free only works with Windows Home not Enterprise it would resolve the issue appropriately with the boot into UEFI option Sources Cause according to internet forums i Probably my uefi has Secure Boot Enabled and Fast Boot also making the boot system almost instantaneous UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG and rendering other boot scenarios blocked Because system is only seeing the SSD drive as boot option ii There is a problem with samsung laptops and uefi that makes the express cache and SSD install very tedious and difficult i managed to do it and the pc is smooth the only issue is to access BIOS Anyone has a clue on how to sort this out Specifications Operating System Windows Enterprise -bit CPU Intel Core i U GHz C Ivy Bridge nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD SAMSUNG NP CPU Socket - U E BIOS Brand Phoenix Technologies Ltd Version P AAJ Date Graphics Generic PnP Monitor x Hz Intel HD Graphics Samsung MB NVIDIA GeForce GT M Samsung C ForceWare version SLI Disabled Storage GB Hitachi HTS A E SATA C GB SanDisk SSD i GB SSD Optical Drives TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU- BB Audio Realtek High Definition Audio

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/60382-uefi-firmware-settings-samsung.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi everyone,

New to this, first post so please go slowly.

I have a Samsung blue ray player BD-UP5000, and I have down loaded the new zip file of the firmware upgrade version 1.6 to my computer. I then burnt a dvd-rw. When I inserted the disc into my Blue ray player it reads ERROR #0x000000ff and then ejects the disc. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

A:Samsung BD-UP5000 firmware up grade

It probably can't read re-writable media so try using DVD-R or DVD+R

You can also update it directly via the internet by connecting it to your router and updating in real-time from the Samsung website. The BD-UP5000 has an ethernet port on it for this purpose.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/BD-UP5000/XAC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-bd-up5000-firmware-up-grade.1016097/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hard Drives Hitachi HDS DLE nbsp Firmware M OASR nbsp Serial Number MSK {Firmware HD155UI/HD204UI Bug} SAMSUNG HILD G nbsp Features- S M A R T nbsp bit LBA APM NCQ nbsp I have tried backing up system image to my ext hard {Firmware Bug} SAMSUNG HD155UI/HD204UI drive since early last month July but nbsp there is always the error message The backup failed New bad clusters were found on the source volume These clusters were not backed up x D Run SFC Scannow- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations nbsp Lately while going through CrystalDiskInfo clicking Functions I come across nbsp Workaround which gives this nbsp message Firmware Bug SAMSUNG HD UI HD UI nbsp Googling the above message brings me the website knowledge seagate com articles US FAQ en- Samsung HD UI JP exe Firmware Patch Update If the host issues an identify command during an action of writing data nbsp in NCQ the data's writing can be destabilized and can lead to data loss This is relevant for Samsung-model ID with the following model numbers HD UI nbsp Can this patch update fixed the system image backup failure

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Firmware-Bug-SAMSUNG-HD155UI-HD204UI/td-p/5722959
Relevancy 61.92%

Samsung has recently posted firmware update EXM03B6Q for the 850 Pro on the download site.
I was unable to update via Magician so downloaded the ISO and ran it from a USB drive.
I was one of the lucky ones who didn't update to EXM02B6Q in Feb of 2015 which was a total disaster.
The update worked without any problems and speeds have not changed at all.
There is also a PDF installation guide for those who like to read first.
Don't forget to image the SSD first just in case. I did not, however loose data but better safe than sorry.

Tool & Software | Download | Samsung V-NAND SSD

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402558-samsung-ssd-850-pro-firmware-update-finally-available.html
Relevancy 61.92%

How do I install the latest Samsung SSD firmware update (DXM04B0Q)? The Magician software is supposed to do it, but when I open up the download folder where the firmware update download is located, the Magician software doesn't see it. I've downloaded the firmware in many different locations, but still, the Magician software doesn't see it. Any Ideas? See snips to see firmare update download location and what Magician software sees. The firmware update (DXM04B0Q) is right below the Symantic folder.

Magician download and firmware update download: Support - Solid State Drives MZ-7PD512 | Samsung Memory & Storage

A:How do I install the latest Samsung SSD firmware?

Couple of things you can try.
- Move the DXM04B0Q folder to your desktop. Does the Samsung Magician see it?
- If still no joy, try letting the Magician download the firmware. Verify it downloaded the correct version.

I also found this tutorial.

Samsung SSD Firmware Upgrade Guide | StorageReview.com - Storage Reviews

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/276163-how-do-i-install-latest-samsung-ssd-firmware.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I ran the Samsung EVO Firmware Evo Samsung Now update boot. windows - won't 840 Firmware update that was provided because of the degrading problem said to be with the product It went all the way through and said complete There were no problems or interruptions there I closed the application and rebooted my machine The computer will get to the windows screen but right when it is supposed to go to the login it goes black and the monitors stop detecting a signal It just sits at a black screen The scary thing is that when i try to run a recovery all executables associated with a Samsung Evo 840 Firmware update - Now windows won't boot. given recovery error out I E StartRep exe fails to run Trying to load previous working fails to run Samsung Evo 840 Firmware update - Now windows won't boot. to They get memory exception type errors I put in the windows disc and have had it come up with quot hit key to boot from cd or dvd quot all repair attempts are the same as above They fail the same way The only thing I have not figured out is how to get the machine to load into safe mode i have been hitting F and doing what I can but I get no such options My options are only the repair dialogs or boot normally I do not understand why this machine has never given me a choice to boot to safe mode How can I get that to work Please help Is there anything I can do I can't find any samsung forums or info Windows Ultimate Asus X Deluxe Intel X x core G Skill Ripjaws Series x gb gb DDR Samsung Evo gb SSD Corsair RM wPSU Corsair H i Nvidia GTX

A:Samsung Evo 840 Firmware update - Now windows won't boot.

What degrading problem ? Samsungs are the best IMO, what did you think upgrading the firmware would help ? Or what did Samsung say it was for ?

How old is the drive, how often is it used ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362743-samsung-evo-840-firmware-update-now-windows-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 61.49%

friends I'm installing a fresh samsung 840 120gb. i thought i could put the ssd on sata 1 [not zero] and get firmware via magician on my windows 8 lab mule. no dice. apparently magician ONLY wants to see the ssd on sata zero. it can pull up the drive, but none of the controls work.
soooo... I'm thinking I'm going to have to go with the drive 'as is' to install 7 on a notebook, then as first order of business go pickup the firmware update and execute it.

will this result in sub-par arrangement? best I can tell the fw update is non-destructive.
is there another way?

A:samsung ssd: will firmware update harm anything? magician no use.

friends i have a new samsung 840 to replace a failing drive in a hp notebook.
i wanted to update the samsung firmware first, then do the install of windows 7 x64 but using the samsung so-called Magician, trying the drive on sata 1 [instead of 0] it still cannot properly register the drive. all I get is the SMART info - everything else is neutered. illogical... how does samsung want to update firmware? AFTER the os is installed?
a little guidance would sure be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/302312-samsung-ssd-will-firmware-update-harm-anything-magician-no-use.html
Relevancy 61.49%

So I installed my new SSD, set up all my programs and files, and was having some trouble with discovering an ACHI drivers (which apparently cannot be achieved on my dell latitude model IDE ATA/ATAPI driver missing?)

Anyway after installing the Samsung Magician software to help optimize the SSD, it said that a firmware update was available, so upon updating I was rewarded with a BSOD after restarting. I became angry and did a system restore with my image disk and started over. This time in the samsung magician it said the firmware was already up to date so I didn;t think anything of it until today another BSOD. If I have to do another reinstall I will take my own life, so I hope someone can help me here.

Attachment 311734

A:BSOD After Samsung magician (840 pro SSD) Firmware update

Do you use the DW1520 Wireless-N WLAN Half-mini card?
If so then it looks like the driver for it is the problem.

Do you have a spare HDD that you can use because I think the driver for it is incompatible with SSDs. I will need to double check.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {10, 2, 0, fffff80002ea4ec9}

Probably caused by : tcpip.sys ( tcpip!IppValidatePaths+71 )

Code:
fffff880`04a8f000 fffff880`04f12000 bcmwl664 (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwl664.sys
Image name: bcmwl664.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jan 07 08:05:56 2011 (4D26C964)
CheckSum: 0048C1C3
ImageSize: 00483000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
It doesn't mention compatibility with SSDs. I will keep looking. Here's the website anyway.

Driver Details | Dell US

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/326467-bsod-after-samsung-magician-840-pro-ssd-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I have samsung fit phone s and recently got firmware update via samsung kies but when i try to update it Kies crashes and give following error Problem signature Problem Event Name CLR r Problem Signature gt-s exe Problem upgrading Samsung error firmware on Kies Signature Problem Signature e ef Problem Signature FirmwareUpdateAgent Common Problem Signature Problem Signature e ef Problem Signature fd Problem Samsung Kies error on firmware upgrading Signature Problem Signature System IndexOutOfRangeException OS Version Locale ID Additional Information a e Additional Samsung Kies error on firmware upgrading Information a e d b ad b a e Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e I have latest samsung Kies version I dont know whats causing this error Little dig from event viewr showed more on error Application GT-S exe Framework Version v Description The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception Exception Info System IndexOutOfRangeException Stack at FirmwareUpdate Agent Common DeviceManagement gBY at FirmwareUpdate Agent Common DeviceManagement DeviceDetect System String at FirmwareUpdate Models FirmwareUpdateModel ctor FirmwareUpdate Agent Common AgentParameter FirmwareUpdate Agent Common UpdateType Boolean at FirmwareUpdate ViewModels FirmwareUpgradeViewModel ctor Boolean at FirmwareUpdate Views FirmwareUpgradeView ctor Boolean at FirmwareUpdate App Application Startup System Object System Windows StartupEventArgs at System Windows Application OnStartup System Windows StartupEventArgs at System Windows Application lt ctor gt b System Object at System Windows Threading ExceptionWrapper InternalRealCall System Delegate System Object Int at MS Internal Threading ExceptionFilterHelper TryCatchWhen System Object System Delegate System Object Int System Delegate at System Windows Threading DispatcherOperation InvokeImpl at System Windows Threading DispatcherOperation InvokeInSecurityContext System Object at System Threading ExecutionContext runTryCode System Object at System Runtime CompilerServices RuntimeHelpers ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup TryCode CleanupCode System Object at System Threading ExecutionContext RunInternal System Threading ExecutionContext System Threading ContextCallback System Object at System Threading ExecutionContext Run System Threading ExecutionContext System Threading ContextCallback System Object Boolean at System Threading ExecutionContext Run System Threading ExecutionContext System Threading ContextCallback System Object at System Windows Threading DispatcherOperation Invoke at System Windows Threading Dispatcher ProcessQueue at System Windows Threading Dispatcher WndProcHook IntPtr Int IntPtr IntPtr Boolean ByRef at MS Win HwndWrapper WndProc IntPtr Int IntPtr IntPtr Boolean ByRef at MS Win HwndSubclass DispatcherCallbackOperation System Object at System Windows Threading ExceptionWrapper InternalRealCall System Delegate System Object Int at MS Internal Threading ExceptionFilterHelper TryCatchWhen System Object System Delegate System Object Int System Delegate at System Windows Threading Dispatcher InvokeImpl System Windows Threading DispatcherPriority System TimeSpan System Delegate System Object Int at MS Win HwndSubclass SubclassWndProc IntPtr Int IntPtr IntPtr at MS Win UnsafeNativeMethods DispatchMessage System Windows Interop MSG ByRef at System Windows Threading Dispatcher PushFrameImpl System Windows Threading DispatcherFrame at System Windows Threading Dispatcher PushFrame System Windows Threading DispatcherFrame at System Windows Threading Dispatcher Run at System Windows Application RunDispatcher System Object at System Windows Application RunInternal System Windows Window at System Windows Application Run System Windows Window at FirmwareUpdate App Main Also found this - System - Provider Name Application Error - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer Ankit-PC Security - E... Read more

A:Samsung Kies error on firmware upgrading

You might try removing and reinstalling Kies. Also try the older version, sometimes newer is not better.
Perhaps there is a Samsung forum where this issue is addressed too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/189668-samsung-kies-error-firmware-upgrading.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I've updated the bios on motherboards and dvd burners but, I'm not sure if I have the most up to date firmware/drivers and am not sure how to go about doing it on this ssd any help will be appreciated Thanks! SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - Newegg.com

A:latest firmware/driver updates for my Samsung 840 120GB SSD

How long ago did you buy this drive? I bought the exact same thing about three months ago and it has the most up-to-date firmware available.

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/302118-latest-firmware-driver-updates-my-samsung-840-120gb-ssd.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I've just had a 2Tb Samsung HD204UI drive installed. (I got 6 months out of the Western Digital )

A quick Google has brought up the following link.......

SAMSUNG HD204UI important firmware patch required

I'm wondering if I need this patch? How can I tell if I do? Will Vista updates look after it automatically if I do need it?

Thanks.

D.

A:Do I need firmware update for newly installed Samsung drive?

Hi,

I suppose there is no way to tell, but it would be a good thing to do as there appears to be several issues to cover off!

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/290228-do-i-need-firmware-update-newly-installed-samsung-drive.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I turned on my computer and a message popped up to update my 3 month old Samsung firmware.
I used Magician 4.5, pushed the button, and it said "failed to update drive with new firmware".
Oh? When I rebooted later my OS would not boot. I went into the bios and it ID'd the drive as Samsung 3.
Now I can't boot the drive at all. I burned the ISO of the firmware update but it can NOT find the drive in DOS. If I boot with another drive and the ruined drive together, both Samsung 840 Pro and Samsung 850 Pro, it jams the boot until I remove the damaged drive. Anybody have any knowledge or any ideas?

A:Samsung 850 PRO firmware update fialed. Now drive won't boot

I have the same problem, and now in my bios show my ssd with the name 3ckcCkckcCk;!cKcCcKcCcI and I can't re-update it

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/362315-samsung-850-pro-firmware-update-fialed-now-drive-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 60.63%

The MP3 player contends that it's memory is full, yet it has nothing in its navigational tree. The mp3 device has corrupted before; however, last time it simply froze on one track rendering it impossible to change tracks without the device shutting down. In this instance there are no tracks to attempt to switch to, the only thing that works is the radio.

My solution was simple, reinstall the firmware implementing YP-MT6 updater--just like last time I had an issue. Sadly, the firmware install freezes well under half way through when it says "locking drive[ers?]" it was one of the two.

Anyway to beet this problem? 'Cause I'm at a loss. Not a happy costumer as far as this little samsung is concerned--i figured their phones were great so their other stuff should be too! Ha.

links to costumer service would be great.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reinstalation-issue-with-samsung-mt6-firmware-corrupted-reinstall.45650/
Relevancy 60.63%

I want to upgrade the firmware of my new Samsung DVD writer (from Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology) to the latest version.
DVD writer Model:
TSST corp CDDVDW SH-S223C
For some reason it will not burn DVD ?RW disks.

So I downloaded the latest appropriate firmware file from cdrinfo.com
Namely SH-S223C_SB04.exe which I ran under win7 (64) bit OS

This executable program in turn started up ?Tsdnwin.exe? installation program which then crashes (freezes) the system.
I had to use the Windows ?Task Manager? to End the Task.

Can this be a compatibility problem for win7 64 bit OS?
Or is my Win7 OS somehow corrupted?

Next I installed and tried ODD FW Liveupdate program and it too fails with an error message :

?that due to a system problem it failed to operate a program by
automatically connecting to it.?

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem here?

A:Failure of Firmware Upgrade of Samsung DVD Writer using Win 7 (64bit)

According to this page, you shouldn't need to worry about drivers or firmware. What I would suggest is completely uninstalling the driver from your Device Manager. Restart your computer. Windows 7 should pick up and install the burner fine.

Don't download driver and firmware files from anywhere but the manufacturers website, problems like this happen way more often when you do that

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/96435-failure-firmware-upgrade-samsung-dvd-writer-using-win-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am trying to coble together two non-working Zen Xtras into a working one. I receive a message: "Firmware Problem," and am instructed to reload the firmware. When I attempt to do so, the firware does not recognize the device although the device shows up in My Computer as a Zen Xtra. I have reloaded the drivers. When I attempt to reinstall the firmware, it states that it cannot detect the device and please connect it now. How do I resolve this lack of recognition?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firmware-fails-to-recognize-zen-xtra-for-reloading-firmware.483238/
Relevancy 42.57%

Problems on initializing Samsung GB with Samsung s Disk Manager Ontrack tm Hi There is some problem on my gb Samsung HD The situation is this I have had an old computer which have an ancient motherboard because of the limitations of motherboard it was initializing Hd as gb I installed Samsung s Disk Manager program named Ontrack It does something with the MBR to make the gb initialized HD as gb When you re in bios setup it says your samsung is gb but when you reset and wait for the system disk error message Ontrack activates and then your hd is gb you can install Manager: with on initializing 80GB Disk Samsung Samsung's Problems Ontack(tm) OS after that Here is the problem I bought a new computer whose motherboard to initialize my GB hd as GB also but things didn t happen like that On bios setup it says my HD is gb I plugged the HD to my other computer and its partition magic says quot gb BAD quot also A modified MBR by a program ontrack can fool bios setup if so can i use XP CDs system recovery console with fixmbr command f it is not how can i make my Problems on initializing Samsung 80GB with Samsung's Disk Manager: Ontack(tm) hd back to normal not for old motherboards initialized as GB New motherboard is MSI RS M -IL and because of this problem I cannot enable S M A R T feature I need help and thanks from now on nbsp

A:Problems on initializing Samsung 80GB with Samsung's Disk Manager: Ontack(tm)

If you are using XP then boot fromt eh XP Cd. Then delete the existing partition and create a new one and format that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-on-initializing-samsung-80gb-with-samsungs-disk-manager-ontack-tm.42530/
Relevancy 42.14%

hi I have samsung laptop

When I press power button, then its shows me samsung logo on the screen and after that it goes to black screen.
I try to replace hard disk, laptop find this new hard disk.
but then it straight goes to the BIOS and over there I try to change boot order, to boot from dvd player but I couldnot find any option there.
I open it up and clean everything inside the machine.
but problem is still there.
Is anybody help to to fix this machine.

REgards
loke_itp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello, Last week i did a upgrade on my Inspiron 15R SE(7520) with a SSD Samsung EVO 850 500GB, and now i'm intending to buy one msata Samsung EVO 850 500GB, But i would like to do a RAID 0 with those two "drives", So is that possible? Will it work and have a gain of performance?
Sorry for my bad english, i'm still learning.
My Specs (Inspiron 15R SE (7520)
Intel Core i7 3632QM
8GB ram 1600Mhz
Primary: SSD Samsung EVO 850 500GB
msata: 32GB MZMPC032HBCD
Secondary: Seagate ST1000LM024  5400RPM 1TB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995462
Relevancy 41.28%

I have both Linux and Windows Vista installed on my notebook. Today when I turned it on I accidentally chose "Samsung Recovery" instead of "Windows Vista" in GRUB. After Samsung Recovery has loaded, I quit it and the computer shut off. I turned it on again and now it doesn't make it to the GRUB, it shows the Samsung logo, then "boot from ahci cd-rom", and then it reboots and shows the samsung logo again. I can enter BIOS (F2), but can't enter Samsung Recovery (F4) anymore (after showing "please wait..." the computer reboots again). I tried setting the BIOS back to default but it didn't help. Any input would be much appreciated...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-r620-stuck-on-samsung-logo.1132150/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello HP Support. I have spent now 3 days trying to find the latest firmware for Samsung MZ7TE256HMHP-000H1 aka HP P/N: 742038-002 Samsung PM851 Model: MZ-7TE2560 Which is an OEM of the Samsung Evo 840The latest firmware would address the write slow issue.The current firmware on the SSD is: F/W: EXT09H0QWhat I need is the tool or the software to update the SSD to: F/W: EXT0DB6QAnd the Samsung Firmware update image and tool doens't detect the OEM drive.Scouring the donwload section of HP support doesn't show the firmware update tool. HP EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 HP P/N: 742038-002P/N MZ7TE256HMHP-000H1 Samsung PM851 2.5" 256GB SSDModel: MZ-7TE2560   

A:Samsung MZ7TE256HMHP-000H1 aka HP P/N: 742038-002 Samsung PM...

@StevenKhieu? To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop??? http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Samsung-MZ7TE256HMHP-000H1-aka-HP-P-N-742038-002-Samsung/td-p/5712829
Relevancy 41.28%

CLONE FAIL FAIL FAIL So I have a Haswell i rig GTX with Platinum PSU etc etc W Pro and a few other W PC s I tried the clone op with also and on the SSD to clone in question it is a Samsung EVO Gb SSD It seems to work perfect But its getting near full ish Gb spare so I bought a Samsung EVO VNAND Gb twice the capacity and thought an easy clone was in store I also have some additional drives I have just disconnected for the Clone op as the Samsung clone software was being stupid trying to get me to clone my documents drive to my new SSD With or without the other drives connected it FAILS FAILS FAILS So when I try to clone It SSD CLONE SAMSUNG Fails every SSD to PC FAIL Samsung on gets CLONE FAIL SAMSUNG SSD to Samsung SSD Fails on every PC to about cloned and then fails Time after time Recent ERROR MESSAGE is - quot Failed to retrieve source information bc quot I tried to clone the SSD to SSD on a CLONE machine Box A FAIL I tried to clone using Macrium Reflect A FAIL I tried to clone using EASEUS A CLONE FAIL SAMSUNG SSD to Samsung SSD Fails on every PC FAIL I tried them all a few times including the SAMSUNG CLONE Software FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL What am I doing wrong Is there a problem with the Gb SSD I don t know about I am using this PC with it in now Or will a SAMSUNG EVO not clone to a SAMSUNG CLONE FAIL SAMSUNG SSD to Samsung SSD Fails on every PC VNAND Do I have to try everything including disabling features such as RAPID MODE And Disable Performance and everything Or what I have been a dozen hours trying to do this simple task P S I tired to contact SAMSUNG but as I bought the SSD s from Amazon their help website gives me the brush off And I dont want to send them back as they both work I installed a bare W onto the VNAND and it ran great But I have thousands of files and links to the other hard drives and programs etc etc etc and it would take me a month of part-time work to get them all linked properly so I PREFER To CLONE It should be easy so

A:CLONE FAIL SAMSUNG SSD to Samsung SSD Fails on every PC

Create a recovery CD with Macrium(Win PE Rescue), back up your current SSD to an external HDD, install 500GB SSD and boot with rescue CD( Win PE) and restore the image from the back up with Macrium Reflect.
Or
Try this utility, I have cloned with this a while ago: AOMEI Windows Backup, Cloning, and Recovery Software

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/61716-clone-fail-samsung-ssd-samsung-ssd-fails-every-pc.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I want know...  Which one ist faster?Which one is better?Which one has better drivers under windows 10?Which one runs cooler?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Samsung-NVME-SSD-OEM-PM961-or-Samsung-950-PRO/td-p/3386754
Relevancy 39.99%

I have two Samsung NVMe 950 Pro (MZVKV512) that came preinstalled in a Lenovo ThinkPad P50 running Windows 10 x64. The Samsung Magician (latest v4.9.6) software does not detect the drives as Samsung Brand SSDs and therefore OS Optimization is unavailable (the only option is to run a benchmark). Samsung Magician supports this SSD as I can see users in other forums using the software on their systems (not necessarily Lenovo). I have also installed the Samsung NVMe Controller driver and this is showing in Device Manager. There are no system updates available and UEFI BIOS is up to date (version from the 4th May). Any ideas?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/ThinkPad-P50-with-Samsung-NVMe-950-Pro-amp-Samsung-Magican/td-p/3325159
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello Friends.  I successfully installed a Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD as a boot drive just fine.  However, it looks like the Windows 10 NVME driver is being used in place of the Samsung NVME driver.  I saw this post here where it says: "Windows is indicating it is using the NVMe driver for this drive." https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Envy-750se-capable-of-M-2-NVMe-... However I do not know how to determine this myself.  I am using a utility called "AIDA64 Extreme" and it's telling me the driver provider for the 950 is Micrososft and the driver version is 10.0.14393.0.  So, how do I get the 950 to use the Samsung driver instead?  Thanks for any help. 

A:How to tell if Samsung 950 Pro is using Samsung NVME driver ...

Hi, From Samsung tool (Samsung Magician), it shows my machine uses Samsung firmware, no information about driver. It uses Microsoft driver. The tool allows use to check and update firmware but not driver. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-tell-if-Samsung-950-Pro-is-using-Samsung-NVME-driver/td-p/5814963
Relevancy 39.99%

I get above error; I've updated the intel rapid storage driver and asmedia sata controller driver.
My motherboard is an asus z97 deluxe. Help is appreciated; thx !

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/59239-samsung-magician-samsung-ssd-840-series.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Call 0800-014-8577 for Samsung Support in the UK, Our well expert technicians are here to help for our valuable Samsung customer, Samsung Printer customer Support, Samsung customer care, Samsung Printer Help desk Number.

A:Samsung Printer Help, Samsung Support

SPAM SCAM SPAM SCAM Samsung Printer Support is a Third Party Technical Service provider. Trying to take your money by misleading advertising. They are NOT genuine Samsung support.
FE notified

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/samsung-printer-help-samsung-support-4608325/
Relevancy 39.99%

After installing Samsung Touch Supporter on my non-samsung PC,I get this:

"This Program only runs on a Samsung PC.
Program will terminate."

I try to use some of the software that came with the Samsung Series 7 PC.
I will not let me open the program.
I have an Archos 9 PC and would like to use it.

Can anyone make it so that I can install this software on any other PC?
Sometimes it's a simple edit,can anyone look in to this?

Software can be downloaded from the Samsung website here(it's under manuals & downloads/software):
Support - Tablet PCs XE700T1A | Samsung Tablet PCs

May you please attempt to fix Play Touch App (Software) (ver.1.0.0.33),Play Touch Luancher (Software) (ver.1.2.0.32), and Touch Supporter (Software) (ver.1.2.0.10)

Note: Play Touch Laucher says the same message as above,but still manages to open, Touch Supporter does not though

A:Samsung Series 7 software on non-Samsung PC.

That software is only licensed to use on the Samsung PC it came on, so I don't know why you would expect it to work on any other PC.

Samsung is also the most difficult model to get the OEM software to work after a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 which is entirely legal and recommended for most users of preinstalled Windows to get the best Win7 performance.

But for Samsung it's especially important to back up the Recovery Image and make a secondary Win7 backup image so that if any features are missing after Clean Reinstall and the Samsung software won't work correctly, you can set it back to factory condition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/270725-samsung-series-7-software-non-samsung-pc.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I am buying a new monitor. Probably one of these two in title! Which monitor is better?
I need some suggestions...
thanks..

A:Samsung SM 2333SW vs Samsung P2250N

Samsung SM 2333SW

Bigger, nice specs. On the other one, I can't read the text.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/26838-samsung-sm-2333sw-vs-samsung-p2250n.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I upgraded on Friday from windows 8.1 to windows 10 
Since then  it became very slow to start
the fan seems to be continuous - neither sleep nor shutdown buttons/clicks work - I have to switch the button off/on
each time it go to sleep

this is the image of the chat I had with Samsung today - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8u2AsQfH8MaNGpScGlwQlA1SUk/view?usp=sharing 
!!!
I tried running SW update it didn't work and vanished - not possible to uninstall as now the directory path is different........

A:Samsung NP350V5C-A06UK user (Windows 8.1) upgrade to Windows 10 - see Samsung response to me!

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM (if necessary) if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...
Should you have any questions please ask us.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System
Files

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c71106c9-bc89-4770-97d2-a840938b62cc/samsung-np350v5ca06uk-user-windows-81-upgrade-to-windows-10-see-samsung-response-to-me?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi,

I really need you guys to help me on this.... i just bought Samsung jet and have installed Samsung New PC studio into my laptop. But i cannot run this program as it keep on appeared:

New PC Studio has stopped working.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: NewPCStudio.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 49e6d9a5
Fault Module Name: Secur32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18051
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a366084
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000021dc
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 17417
Additional Information 1: c060
Additional Information 2: 6257e35ffaf5fb500d9790030367de3e
Additional Information 3: b562
Additional Information 4: 21e35a6d0bc52ba6a38b0e481fab5ce7

Any idea on how to solve this problem?? many thanks in advance....

A:Samsung jet - Samsung new pc studio

shawncss

First we need you to go to c:\windows\minidump which is where the BSOD dump file is located. zip the most recent dump file (*.dmp) and upload it to us. If you need help uploading let us know
Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/243935-samsung-jet-samsung-new-pc-studio.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Keep seeing secondary drive disappear under heavy IO operations.  This has happened across multiple machines.  Have attempted all firmware and BIOS updates available.  
Anybody else seeing this with their T7910's and have you used any other drive models in these workstations.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19991238
Relevancy 34.4%

hi!

Can anyone tell me what is firmware?

A:what is a firmware?

Firmware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
In electronic systems and computing, firmware is a term often used to denote the fixed, usually rather small, programs and/or data structures that internally control various electronic devices. Typical examples of devices containing firmware range from end-user products such as remote controls or calculators, through computer parts and devices like hard disks, keyboards, TFT screens or memory cards, all the way to scientific instrumentation and industrial robotics. Also more complex consumer devices, such as mobile phones, digital cameras, synthesizers, etc., contain firmware to enable the device's basic operation as well as implementing higher-level functions.

Better than I can explain it.
Click Wiki link above for more info.
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/168544-what-firmware.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello all,

I am looking for Firmware for DI-614+ wireless router. When I use WEP encryption, no wireless client (laptop) can connect. I have also tried the latest firmware I can get from D-Link. I hoping to use this with my TFCko box or as my access point for my laptop.

If I cannot use it as wireless access point. Is there a firmware hack to make it a wireless client or a repeater?

Thanks for any ideas

------
TFCDealer
Looking for TFCko (Pinoy Channel) deals? Connect to http://www.TheFilipinoChannel.ca

Relevancy 34.4%

I went to WD's website and was looking for a firmware update. Where is it on the webpage, don't trust other pages. My firmware on my WD800JB is 77.07w77 Just for the record. Please let me know if I have missed it or a safe site to get an update for it. Thanks Everyone

A:WD 800 JB Firmware

Plus I have a Pioneer DVD-117 Rom and looking for a firmware update.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wd-800-jb-firmware.136762/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a Intel 510 ssd and I looking to add another ssd. Can you have both if they have different firmware. I'm looking at several including Intel 320.
Will this confuse the motherboard bios or Windows 7?

A:2 SSD's 2 Different firmware?

I don't think it will give any problems just because of firmwares. After all, it's entirely internal to each device. As long as each one has the proper drivers and the motherboard recognizes each one, they should work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/295018-2-ssds-2-different-firmware.html
Relevancy 34.4%

hi guys I was just wondering. What is dd-wrt? I keep hearing it coz my router supports dd-wrt firmware from a third party but i don't know what it is. I know I should not mess around with things i dnt know but i'm just wondering what it is. Thx

Relevancy 34.4%

I am fresh out of college, and seem to have found a job where I am in way over my head. My employer knows it though, and just expects me to try my best.... anyway heres the question, even though it seems dumb...
When using C, does a hexadecimal Number refer to the memory address (AKA a register or part of the the memory or a port), or does it simply refer to the number itself?

Eg:
ulData = ulMemPos + 0x20;
does this mean add the hexadecimal value of 20-- or to add twenty memory addressing to it?

Relevancy 34.4%

I saw the phrase firmware tossed about on a message. What exactly is it?

A:Firmware?

Firmware is half software, half hardware. Usually it is software embedded permanently into a piece of hardware. Such as the software that runs a digital camera, or drives a USB networking cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firmware.153975/
Relevancy 34.4%

Dvd disk drive won't run DVD's. Makes alot of clicking, spinning noises but wont read disks. Went to HKEY areas and changed some things recom by other forums. Didn't work. Told needed firmware upgrade. Unable to find firmware for Optiarc DVD RW AD-7530A ATA Device because as near as I can find it's an OEM Device. Went back to Gateway(Notebook Manufacturer) and they don't have. Any suggestions? Ifu can't fix, I guess u install a new DVD Device or a new Notebook.
Was also told by Gateway I needed a Codec upgrade.

A:OEM DVD Firmware

The codec pack is easy enough- Techspot has what you need here http://www.techspot.com/downloads/775-klite-codec-pack-full.html
Install and then try running the discs.

How does the drive show up in the Device Manager ? No exclamation mark in a yellow triangle?
What DVD's won't it run-commercial (retail) movies, or discs you are attempting to burn ? If the latter, what brand of discs.

If it definitely requires a firmware update then it seem's you're out of luck as there are none as far as I can tell.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/oem-dvd-firmware.141377/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi, I have a sony cd-rw crx216E I've had it for about 2 years does it need to be upgraded with firmware the driver seems to be working ok, also can you tell me what on the fly means.

Relevancy 34.4%

I have recently had trouble with Genie-Soft backup software. They tell me I need to back up my firmware. I am not sure what they mean by this and their explanation hasnít helped me.

I have Nero 5.5.10.9 installed on my computer and my CD-RW Burner is Imation. I used the Nero Info tool which showed [1.0] G:\CD-RW CDR 6S52 in the top left of the box and Type: CD-RW Recorder and Firmware Version: CDR 6S52.

I went on to the Nero site which states they will not accept responsibility for any firmware updates.

I havenít a clue what Iím supposed to do now. Itís taken me ages to get this far and in all honesty, I donít really know what I am doing. Is the firmware update supposed to be for Nero or Imation. Can anyone help me?

My OS is WinXP Pro

Joe

Relevancy 33.97%

For those with any of the following, OCZ has issued a series of firmware updates for the OCZ Vertex 3, Vertex 3 Max IOPS, Agility 3, Solid 3 and RevoDrive 3 bringing the firmware towards version 2.22,

OCZ Technology

For those with Windows installed on it the USB stick method works very well (and easy to set up),

NEW! - Bootable tools for OCZ SSD's

List of resolved issues (as well as a direct download link) can be found here),

OCZ Vertex 3, Vertex 3 Max IOPS, Agility 3, Solid 3, RevoDrive 3 2.22

A:OCZ SSD Firmware update for...

Thanks! My Agility 3 will appreciate this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/227342-ocz-ssd-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Is there anyplace you can get firmware updates for com21 modems other than from COM21?
They say you must be a cable company or something to get these?

Dale

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/com21-firmware.123443/
Relevancy 33.97%

Okay I want to update my DVD-rom Driver due to it update.... Firmware having a difficulty playing LOTR-FOTR Special Edition Here s a link to LG s site http ca lgservice com index b c jsp Link doesn t work Got to www lgservice com than to Canada than to device driver dvd-rom scroll down to LOTR-FOTR Special edition Will tell you Firmware update.... there Now I know that I have to download the files from www bootdisk com for Dos After I do this do I double click on the files from Firmware update.... Bootdisk com and send them to a floppy Firmware update.... disk Than after that the files from LG s site I put on this Bootable Disk Restart the computer type in the command and let it go If I do this wrong is there anyway of screwing up my Bios I have a Dell computer and don t want to screw anything The Lg Dvd-rom I bought seperatly and installed myself Someone help me on this or was the above correct nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

ACK!!!!! I give up. Cendynes firmware download page is impossible to navigate. i have no clue which is the one i need. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO USE THEIR PAGE???????

Relevancy 33.97%

Hello I firmware Tomato or.. have a router called Belkin F D au A My question is very simple though i could not find any information on the subject Tomato is not supported on this model - so my only option would be to buy a new router This belkin router i have currently cost Question one specs in the router Could i buy a router install tomato firmware - and then it would function better than the Belkin Is it really the firmware that is the main thing people look for when it comes Tomato firmware or.. to routers I don t know anything about them therefore i don t know but I don t know if the specs are the things i should be looking out for Tomato comes with a signal booster so that should be a huge improvement Here is a link of tomato LIFEHACKER DOT COM turn-your- -router-into-a-user friendly-super router-with-tomato Yes the firmware is MUCH better than my routers firmware for one my router doesnt have QoS If i got the cheap router from the guide there would it actually function better though the specs may be worse Thanks for your time to read this and I would also like to thank you Tomato firmware or.. for any answers in advance -Apaz nbsp

A:Tomato firmware or..

So what is the problem with only using the proper Belkin firmware upgrade for this expensive router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tomato-firmware-or.125262/
Relevancy 33.97%

Face it, CD/DVD/BLU-RAY all use firmware on their drives, digital cameras use it, USB uses it, video cards on computers use it; pretty much every different kind of hardware I can think of uses firmware.

Firmware is burned program code and data, so all hardware needs program code and data memory to execute.

Aside from programming for hardware directly, all hardware seems to have burned program code in one way or another.

Mice devices/point and click devices have firmware, keyboards, etc.

Is there any hardware that doesn't use firmware?

A:Does all hardware need firmware?

The speakers plugged into the computer (unless they are USB).

A basic desk lamp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-all-hardware-need-firmware.1089221/
Relevancy 33.97%

Just bought an Asus Drw 24B1ST, am trying to update the flashware from 1.00 to 1.03, flash will not finish get the message "firmware update cannotbe completed contact vendor", never had that happen before, any ideas appreciated

A:Firmware Problem

Where are you finding that 1.03 firmware version? When I look here, I only see 1.00.

Also, why are you trying update the firmware? I never update firmware unless it addresses a problem I am experiencing.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/firmware-problem.304915/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey, recently Ive had trouble burning DVDs using Samsung TS-H552U, so after reading around I went to update my firmware using their automatic flash download. I downloaded the latest version, which lifted me from US03 to US07. It installs and asks me to restart. I restart, and when it boots back up, my DVD drive is no longer recognized. I have no idea what to do. For firmware to update using their program, it needs to find the drive, and since it isnt showing up, I cant do that. Any ideas?

Relevancy 33.97%

Does the model number have to be the same too?

If I use a different firmware for my HDD will it not work or cause damage?

A:To replace the PCB on a HDD does the firmware have to be the same?

The HDD model number and firmware revision should be the same for a PCB replacement to work. Professional data recovery firms will have special tools like "PC-3000" card or "Salvation Data HD Doctor suit" etc to fix firmware issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335323-replace-pcb-hdd-does-firmware-have-same.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Is there such a thing as a firmware update for a processor?

A:Processor Firmware?

I want to say yes, but no at the same time. Wouldn't it be hard because it'd have to use the processor in order to figure out what to do with the firmware!

:S perhaps I'm thinking too deeply into it though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/23466-processor-firmware.html
Relevancy 33.97%

How do I revert to a previous version of the Plextor firmware for the PX-W 12/10/32A CD-RW drive? I installed version 1.07, not knowing that it causes complications with CloneCD. I'd like to return to version 1.04, but when I try I get "Error sending firmware (4: 40: F5)"
I dualboot Win2000 and WinMe, and have tried it in both Oses (just to be sure Win2K wasn't blocking access) to no avail. PLEASE HELP!!

Relevancy 33.97%

Should I get new firmware for my router? v1.02.5 build 002
Thanks!

Relevancy 33.97%

I just updated the firmware on my CDRW (Yamaha 4416S ver. 1.0j) and it can still read CD's but it seems to be having trouble burning CD's. Is it possible to revert back to an older firmware version? I'm not sure if upgrading the firmware would cause it to stop burning CD's correctly.

Thanks for any help.

A:CDRW firmware

Did you activate the "autoinsert notification" feature for this unit?
Right click in My PC, select Properties then in the Device tap select the CDRW and in Properties, check if this box is marked, if not, check it and reboot your machine. Anyway if you still have trouble, you can try this link: http://www.yamaha.com/ycaservice/group001/fgrop001.htm TEch support from Yamaha. Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cdrw-firmware.52061/
Relevancy 33.97%

can anyone tell me how to update the firmware for my
GD-5000 hitachi dvd rom?

i have downloaded latest version but not sure how to do it
can someone explain in novices terms please

A:updating dvd firmware(please help)

i have downloaded the following text but dont understand the
part between the *'s

GD-5000
When you have downloaded the file, unzip it and save the resulting .exe file to the C:\ directory. Create a DOS boot disk, as detailed above, and boot into DOS mode. Change to the C:\ directory, then type:
50UPH140.exe
*You will be asked to specify the position of your drive on the IDE bus, then the file will run and your f/w will be updated*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updating-dvd-firmware-please-help.60556/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am running an old Vivastar RS-111 DVD-R burner and recently bought some blank DVD-R media which will not burn worth a squat. It seems that Vivastar is now out of buisness. Are there ony firmware updates out there which are compatible with this POC Vivastar?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vivastar-rs-111-firmware.177723/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi all

Is there any way i can uninstall my current firmware version, because when i had the old one, everything was going fine, no problems, and since i got the new version, it keeps on blocking my mouse.

Anyone any idea?

thx

A:Logitech G5 Firmware

Download the older version of firmware, or use your Logitech disc, and install it over the top of the newer version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-g5-firmware.76595/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi all,
I have an NEC ND-2510A firmware 2.15. I was looking to upgrade the firmware but there is always a warning at the download sites (such as NEC's own site and this one) that the firmware should not be used with OEM drives. Mine was sold as an OEM drive from an online store (Ebuyer) as a single item not as part of a system. Is it safe for me to perform an upgrade? As the drive was bought separately I don't see how an OEM PC supplier could have fiddled with the firmware previously. However I'm not an expert or I wouldn't be asking for help would I?

A:NEC 2510A firmware

Welcome to Techspot !
An OEM supplier normally just sell parts .A PC manufacturer ie Dell , who buy OEM parts often write their own Firmware to make them proprietary to their machines therefore the warning about updateing firmware on OEM parts.
You have to decide that the supplier has sent you a stock item direct from it's manufacturer. In which case you should have no problem updating.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nec-2510a-firmware.20100/
Relevancy 33.97%

I bought a dell xps 13 and got it one week ago. Tonight i got a message that dell updates had to be installed.
The computer restarted and started a EC BIOS update. After a short while it froze while updating the firmware.
It's been frozen for about 2 hours. I don't seem to be able to do anything. Please help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19985370
Relevancy 33.97%

trying to update the firmware to 2.21 and now din Dual config it says image 1 and image 2 do not exist. I tried going back to factory. it boots into 1.16. How can I recover to get to 1.20  then 2.21

A:1810-24G firmware

Hi: You may also want to post your question on the HP EBC support forum -- Web and Unmanaged switching section... http://community.hpe.com/t5/Web-and-Unmanaged/bd-p/switching-v-series-forum#.V373iORTHGg

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/1810-24G-firmware/td-p/5682936
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi folks I have a Sony VAIO computer with a DVR- DVD burner installed The current firmware available is but the firmware on my drive is For some reason I am unable to upgrade the firmware using the firmware installer software Normally I wouldn t worry DVR-108 1.19 flash my Cannot to firmware! too much about it but my drive supports burning at X speeds with DVD R discs and I am only getting X burn speeds with the X discs I bought and yeah they are good quality media I actually get X speeds with my X discs but am getting X speeds with X discs what a mess I have done my share of googling to figure out how to flash the firmware but nothing seems to help - it s a little overly complicated for me When I run the installer it tells me that the device is not found Argh does anyone have anything to offer that might help thanks in advance David in Athens Ohio nbsp

A:Cannot flash my DVR-108 to 1.19 firmware!

Are you sure you're using the correct firmware? There are several flavors...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-flash-my-dvr-108-to-1-19-firmware.356082/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi there
Just wondering if anyone out there has one of these. Today i bought one,already have sent mp3 across and works fine.
Small and jazzy size of an oxo cube.
But on reading manual it says that there is a fm radio option,is this true? the web site is poor,to say the least. Also the supplied disc is a 2.5" affair which wont enter my acer slot drive but on trying elsewhere its only win98drivers.
q-eb.net is the home site
cheers
inch

Acer Aspire2026wlmi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/q-be-1gb-mp3-player-firmware.409592/
Relevancy 33.97%

Trying to update firmware on blu-ray but frm file will not write in Vista says I need supported writing software. What exactly do I need to do this?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/263518-update-firmware-blu-ray.html
Relevancy 33.97%

i've downloaded a firmware upgrade from the pioneer site, but when i run it, it says 'Available target is not found'.

Any ideas please.

Thanks for reading...

Relevancy 33.97%

I have a HP Z800 which has a Seagata Barracuda ST31500341AS which I would like to upgrade the firmware for. Seagate has "4D8H-SD1B" as the latest version. My disk doesn't have firmware from Seagate though, but "HP23" that came with it when shipped. Does this contain changes from HP that are needed or useful? I tried to find the latest version of the HP firmware as well. On http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=0&... I find "HP26 Rev. B (14 Mar 2011)", but only some other models of Barracuda disks are listed (ST3500620AS, ST750630AS, ST31000340AS). I'm wondering if my model shouldn't be listed there as well. I'm also wondering if HPs firmware for these disks add something that is needed or useful, or if I could use Seagate's own.

A:Barracuda firmware

Firmware HP26 Rev. B (14 Mar 2011)" only applies to Seagate drives... ST3500620AS, ST750630AS, and ST31000340AS. You can not flash the firmware to Seagate version... the flash routine will kick out an error. Please send KUDOs

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Barracuda-firmware/td-p/2688711
Relevancy 33.97%

I don't know much about firmware updates as I never had to do it but my DRW-2014L1Tburners are giving me some coasters in vista x64. Not 1 coaster under Nero 6 in xp pro.

I got the driver update listing in the sticky, went to the asus site to check on a firmware update for my burner's for x64 vista and there are 3 hopefully that will eliminate the coasters.

My question is: If I get the updates for the 64-bit vista will that interfere with those drives when I use xp pro ?

thanks,
kevin

PS: I use swappable drives; switching between vista x64 and xp pro.
only keeping xp for gaming and Nero 6

A:cd/dvd firmware update ?

Originally Posted by kem

I don't know much about firmware updates as I never had to do it but my DRW-2014L1Tburners are giving me some coasters in vista x64. Not 1 coaster under Nero 6 in xp pro.

I got the driver update listing in the sticky, went to the asus site to check on a firmware update for my burner's for x64 vista and there are 3 hopefully that will eliminate the coasters.

My question is: If I get the updates for the 64-bit vista will that interfere with those drives when I use xp pro ?

thanks,
kevin

PS: I use swappable drives; switching between vista x64 and xp pro.
only keeping xp for gaming and Nero 6

no the firmware should be backwards compatible

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/244741-cd-dvd-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi, I have a version 8 of that router. I understand you must upload the driver via the 192 address. Does it matter if I'm on 32bit or 64bit OS? Is the driver just on the router not on my computer? thanks.

A:32 or 64 bit for Linksys firmware?

Originally Posted by Vista_32bit

Hi, I have a version 8 of that router. I understand you must upload the driver via the 192 address. Does it matter if I'm on 32bit or 64bit OS? Is the driver just on the router not on my computer? thanks.

No, just download the firmware and do the update. It doesn't matter which version you have, 32 or 64-bit.

And you're not uploading the "driver", you're uploading the "firmware", there's a difference.

Firmware is directly applied to the hardware (in this case, the router), whereas a drivers is applied to the OS. Once the firmware is applied, it can't be overwritten by the OS, even if you replace or reinstall the OS. A loose example of a firmware would be a BIOS update.

Hope that helps.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/222351-32-64-bit-linksys-firmware.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I am thinking of buying a Sony DW-Q30A-B2 DVD burner. I see it's for a good price and the reviews aren't bad. You only get the drive. But when I googled the model I didn't see any manual or firmware information.

I can get along without a manual, but since I don't see any firmware info on the model does that mean its firmware doesn't have to be updated?

Thank you for your time

Relevancy 33.97%

Got a BIN file for a firmware update from this site. Just wondering how I use this. Usually I get these BIN files for BIOS updates, but I never seen one as firmware. Do I need to boot this in a floppy?? Thanks/

A:BIN file for Firmware??? How do I use this??

Buy the way this firmware is for a dvd cdrom drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bin-file-for-firmware-how-do-i-use-this.39871/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte CD-RW. model GO-R5232B. I downloaded a zipped Firmware of the same model from the Gigabyte website. Is it safe to update my hardware with this firmware even it has not encountered any problems for the past two years?

Tony

Relevancy 33.97%

I was wondering your opinions on router firmware. My router is a Linksys WRT160Nv3. I purchased a Roku player and started streaming my video to my tv. The router was terrible, and would not go into wireless N mode. Well it would, but my roku, laptop, and phone would not connect to it.

I looked around and installed DD-WRT, now it works great. I heard tomato is good too, so was just looking for feedback. Thanks

A:Router firmware

DD-WRT is great, but I would look into powerline adapters if you are streaming video. You get much better throughput and is less of a load on the router.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/52901-router-firmware.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi guys,

I have two dvd writers Pioneer 108 and a Pioneer 111d and I been told to update the firmware for better performance. How do I update the firmware and is it the ok to do. I heard once you update you cant go back.

Relevancy 33.97%

I have Aspire E 14. Last night, I saw I have 1 critical update for firmware v1.17. When I clicked the update button it just says "updating" It just goes on and is not stopping. I closed the portal and a window appears saying reflashing. I saw it did reflash up to 100%, but why won't the critical update notification disappear on Acer Care Center portal? I also checked update history and the firmware is not yet included. I tried it again the next morning, clicked the update button, but still, it just says updating and can go on until you close the portal.  Any solution? Did my Aspire really did reflash? It seemed nothing has changed. Thanks in advance!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Update-on-firmware-v1-17/td-p/443847/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 33.97%

i need to downgrade my firmware for my linksys befsr41 to 1.39, i have the most current firmware at the momentr and it sucks . Can anyone enlighten me on how i should go about this?

A:how do i downgrade my firmware?

Here are the instructions from linksys

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-downgrade-my-firmware.317186/
Relevancy 33.97%

Noob here!

I just got a new Dell XPS 8300. I will be placing a Crucial M4 ssd in it to be my main drive. I've been reading up on what to do, and my main concern so far is the firmware update. It sounds slightly more complicated than I'd like, and I am trying to decide if it's definitely something I need to do before installing Windows7 on the ssd.

Would I be a fool to just install it as-is, with whatever firmware comes on the drive?

I will be installing Windows7 Home Premium on it, but then will be paying for the upgrade to unlock it to Professional.

Thanks!

A:Firmware Necessary Before Installing OS on SSD?

Might be worth it add.... The primary use for this PC is audio recording, using programs like Cubase and Reason.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/216895-firmware-necessary-before-installing-os-ssd.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi------ I can tell what driver I have for my Plextor cd rom but how do I find out which firmware version is installed? Plextor has several new versions but I don't know where to start. Thanks Frank

Relevancy 33.97%

I have the Netgear MR814 (v1) router, and it's not working like it used to. The IP Reservation interface has become messed up, so that now I can't use it... the port forwarding is messed up, too. Also, it won't allow my xbox to log on to xbox live, like it used to, unless I fiddle with the settings every time I use it.
I've got the latest firmware installed. I just went and checked to make sure.

My question is: Will reinstalling the firmware do anything? Also, are there any 3rd party firmwares out there for this router?

A:netgear firmware

My only suggesting would be to grab the manual for it and find out how to reset it completely. If nothing has changed then Firmware upgrades will not likely do anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-firmware.236343/
Relevancy 33.97%

Is there any hacked firmware that would help me increase the Xmit power of the ZyXel P-330W? I am trying to get the signal to reach my basement. No, I don't want to hear about using two routers and bridging connection between them or whatever, I just want to know how to increase the Xmit power of the ZyXel P-330W.

A:Hacked Firmware?

I don't know if this is possible, but it will definately shorten the lifespan of it and probably void the warranty.

How about using two routers and bridging connection between them

Regards,

Korrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hacked-firmware.59768/
Relevancy 33.97%

Is there any way to do a firmware downgrade on a Linksys BEFW11S4 Wireless Broadband router? Ever since I upgraded the firmware, I have been having all kinds of problems with my connections quitting. I have tried logging onto the router to downgrade to the original firmware but it fails every time. I am getting sick of unplugging the router and restarting the modem every time this happens. My connection to the internet won't even last a day before it quits! If it is not possible to downgrade is there ANY way to fix my problem without going out and buying a new router?

A:Router Firmware

There should be a reset button on the back of the router. This will reset everything to default so you'll need to reconfigure everything.

Regards,

Korrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-firmware.56084/
Relevancy 33.97%

A friend of mine with a laptop installed Firmware on her DVD-ROM drive, and tried to copy something, and now her whole computer is out of whack. It has trouble loading up, and it doesn't recognize her DVD-ROM drive. I tried doing an upgrade install, but that didn't help-the only other thing I can think of is to do a fresh install of Windows, but even that might not work. Otherwise, we'd have to send in the computer and have them remove the drive and install a new one (it's not removable, it's fixed). It's a Gateway computer running XP PRO

Any ideas on what to do? thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firmware-on-dvd-rom-drive.236630/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a qsi cdrw dvd sbw- in a hp pavilion laptop - XP I cant burn anything anymore This happened before and customer service had me reformat from the recovery disks which i dont want to repeat I have found a patch which i need to run from dos after using a boot disk I made a boot diskette then transferred it to CDr on another computer so i could run it on my computer Changed the boot order to CD first in bios but windows still loads I tried a USB floppy drive with the boot disk itself boot disk worked on another computer and it tried to work but gave me a i o error message CR-R firmware to fix Unable my My question is should i get a new floppy is there something i can do to make a CD work as a boot disk should i reformat should i get a new cd drive or what Unable to fix my CR-R firmware Thanks in advance for the help nbsp

A:Unable to fix my CR-R firmware

the patch is at etna.rpc1.org/qsi/index.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-fix-my-cr-r-firmware.242503/
Relevancy 33.97%

i have an LG 4163B burner if i do a firmware upgrade will this reset the the number of times i can change the region code on the burner to factory spec 5 i think ? if not how do i reset?any help appreciated

A:firmware upgrade?

I found this don't know if it will work:

RPC2 firmware where the number of "User Changes" and "Region Setting" snap back to the pre-flashing settings every time you cycle the power on the drive.

This effectively gives you an infinite number of region changes, without all the software BS required by an RPC1 firmware. For more info try Google, or a search on rpc1.org

Region free firmware: http://tdb.rpc1.org/#GSA4163B

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firmware-upgrade.54527/
Relevancy 33.97%

Gidday I wanted to see if I could get my Dell CD writer to burn at slower than the maximum x Speed I was getting burn errors so wanted to try a much slowre speed like x - x I tried Nightmare Firmware everything and finally risked a firmware update from another Firmware Nightmare company IBM I tried updating firmware on my CD Burner It s a Dell one made by LG and it s called HL-DT-ST GCE- B after reading recomendations to do so on a forum Which I refer to here And I Quote Re Changing write speeds - LG GCE- B and Nero -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Quote Originally Posted by HALO JINX i updated the firmware v for the CD-RW drive which was intended for IBM computers I have a Firmware Nightmare dell but works fine with my CD-RW drive GCE- B instead of just x i can burn and x speeds now here is the webpage i found the driver http forum Firmware Nightmare rpc org dl firmware php download id Direct download ftp ftp software ibm com pc pccbb j win us exe Just stumbled on the same prob with the same drive on an old Dell client at the office thanks for this drift it worked beatifully unquote The Problem is that the firmware was for an IBM GCE- B not a Dell HL-DT-ST GCE- B although the forum I refer too said it would work with the Dell one aswell So I gave it a go Next thing that happened was the firmware upgrade stoped half way through and gave error message I had to reboot When I Did this the computer locked up at the memory test screen I have not been able to boot into windows with the CD Drive connected since this firmware conundrum Have I fried my CD Burner Is it toast Or is there a way around this Any replies that may help will be greatfully received Thanks Newbie nbsp

A:Firmware Nightmare

try go to bios and untick stop on errors for all cept mouse keyboard
may be able to reload the firmware
I did upgrade for a plex needed to burn at higher speeds burn and usb issues same thing happened lost the cd writer got it back after lots of effort tried again locked up it now sits as paper weight

good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firmware-nightmare.54502/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have Aspire E 14. Last night, I saw I have 1 critical update for firmware v1.17. When I clicked the update button it just says "updating" It just goes on and is not stopping. I closed the portal and a window appears saying reflashing. I saw it did reflash up to 100%, but why won't the critical update notification disappear on Acer Care Center portal? I also checked update history and the firmware is not yet included. I tried it again the next morning, clicked the update button, but still, it just says updating and can go on until you close the portal.  Any solution? Did my Aspire really did reflash? It seemed nothing has changed. Thanks in advance!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Update-on-firmware-v1-17/td-p/443847
Relevancy 33.97%

I was wondering your opinions on router firmware. My router is a Linksys WRT160Nv3. I purchased a Roku player and started streaming my video to my tv. The router was terrible, and would not go into wireless N mode. Well it would, but my roku, laptop, and phone would not connect to it.

I looked around and installed DD-WRT, now it works great. I heard tomato is good too, so was just looking for feedback. Thanks

A:Router Firmware

tomato is this like android and there Jelly bean

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/343596-router-firmware.html
Relevancy 33.97%

How do i check what firmware my LG 4160B has and also how do i update it?

Thanks for any help

Relevancy 33.97%

Could someone please tell me the manufacturing web site for MATSHITA CD-ROM CR-586 and OPTORITE CD-RW CW4802 so that I could do a firmware update??????????????????????????????????????????