Windows Support Forum

Wireless Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects

Q: Wireless Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects

I want to apologize in advanced for my lengthy post I recently upgraded my systems to and Reconnects Wireless Constantly Disconnects Windows Ultimate -bit Ultimate edition on both my desktop and laptop and have changed my router to a D-Link DGL- Here is some information on my systems Dell Inspiron Wireless Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects desktop - wired Windows Ultimate -bit Intel PWLA GT Mbps PCI PRO GT Desktop Adapter x RJ Sony VAIO VGN-CR laptop - wireless Windows Ultimate -bit Intel Wireless Wi-Fi Link AGN Wireless connection is managed by Windows D-Link DGL- settings Basic Wireless Settings Band GHz Mode Mixed n g b Auto Channel Scan Disabled Wireless Channel GHz - Channel Transmission Rate Best Channel Width MHz Advanced Wireless Settings Transmit Power High Beacon Period RTS Threshold Fragmentation Threshold DTIM Wireless Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects Interval WLAN Partition Disabled WMM Enabled Short GI Enabled I have been getting choppy speeds on my desktop and my laptop disconnects and reconnects constantly I ended up disabling a few other settings on my router which were not mentioned above I disabled Gamefuel the firewall SPI and I changed the NAT Endpoint Filtering for both UDP and TCP to Endpoint Independent This sped up my wired connection a bit but didn t help my wireless I also changed some of my wireless adapter settings on my laptop to show the following n Channel Width for band Auto n Mode Enabled Ad Hoc Channel b g Ad Hoc Power Management Disabled Ad Hoc QoS Mode WMM disabled Fat Channel Intolerant Disabled Mixed Mode Protection CTS-to-Self enabled Roaming Aggressiveness Lowest Throughput Enhancement Disabled Transmit Power Highest Wireless Mode a b g Nothing has worked I don t think it s my laptop only because I can connect to one of my neighbor s unsecured connections Another thing is that my Blackberry cannot connect to my network either It can pick up other wireless connections but not mine I used the PBC security method to set up the connection I don t know if this would help but there are at least other wireless connections that my laptop can see I normally wouldn t mind picking up free wi-fi but I would prefer to connect to my own network since I have a NAS server set up Please HELP nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wireless Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 85.25%

Hello For the past months or so I ve had trouble with my internet and have tried recently to fix it since it annoys me insanely Here s my setup - Sony Vaio FE laptop with Vista Home Premium -bit service pack - Router is a Verizon FiOS MI WR reconnects disconnects Wireless and constantly internet - A desktop is connected through wire and doesn t Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly experience the problems Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly Here s the problem My wireless internet constantly disconnects and then reconnects right away for seemingly no reason Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly I can t find a pattern sometimes I have no dropouts for hours sometimes it happens every - seconds for a few minutes I have tried the following - Updating drivers for both the router there was none and my wireless network card - Changing router channels to - Changing to static IP and back - Scanning my computer for viruses with Security Essentials and Spybot removing any bad stuff it found - Doing diagnostics through the router doing a ping test to my computer but it just says quot test failed quot and doesn t help me any further None of that helped and the situation remained the same From the tons of stuff I ve read online I know a few things that could be wrong but I m not sure - There s the wireless phones but the dropouts are completely independent from whenever a phone call is being made or received there s no pattern I don t know if that means anything or if it doesn t matter - I am about feet away from the router the signal has to travel from an office through a living room and into another room where my laptop is However the signal strength is described as quot excellent quot full bars - It could also be a problem with my internal network card For the longest time I ve had a problem with my WiFi switch it has become loose and I have to fiddle with it to keep it on since it sometimes moves to the off position But the dropout happens even when I m not touching the computer which could shake it to the off position and when the switch is on I thought about buying an external USB network adapter thing to bypass a possibly broken internal card but I don t know if that would work and if it would end up being a waste of money - Finally my laptop s power connection is semi-broken on the laptop itself It fell about a foot down onto where the power is plugged in which is on the side and whatever holds the cord into the computer became loose resulting in the computer going to battery for a second before coming back to AC power pretty often It usually happens when typing and there s vibration on the computer from it maybe once or twice an hour I read that using the laptop when it s disconnected from power could result in internet fallouts but the power plug has been broken for over a year while the internet problems didn t show up until about months ago So there s my situation Sorry for the long post and thank you if you read it nbsp

A:Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly

when your internet drops out, does the router still have an internet connection, i.e. is the router still getting an IP address from your ISP? since you said that the desktop is hard-wired into the router and doesn't experience this same problem, i'm assuming this is the case. it seems as though the problem lies more in the wireless connection and not the router or your ISP.

you may need to get a wireless expander because that distance seems fairly long.

a new network card or a wireless USB may help matters, but it still seems like a long distance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-disconnects-and-reconnects-constantly.915917/
Relevancy 101.05%

So I recently bought a Vantec SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter. Once I got it I hooked it up to my 750gb Seagate Barracuda hard drive; it let me view the files, but after I wanted to access my user folder, it said something about not having permission and closed unexpectedly. After that happened, I shut it off. Now when I plug it into any one of my computers, it repeatedly connects and then disconnects within 30 seconds. What should I do?

A:SATA HDD to USB Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects

Try a different cable. Try the Seagate in a computer. Try a different drive in the Vantec.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/49458-sata-hdd-usb-constantly-disconnects-reconnects.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi everyone this is my first time here so please bare wireless HP random disconnects/reconnects with me I have filled in my system specs as best I could At this point I don't know if I have one problem or two First the laptop HP wireless random disconnects/reconnects will randomly begin reconnecting to my wireless network I am the only one on it and none close by It will do this very rapidly then freeze with a blank screen I hit the enter key and the site pops up right away and the computer settles down until the next time In addition randomly when I pick any shortcut on my desktop all the icons begin to blink rapidly and do not begin to search for its address As soon as I hit the enter key then blinking stops which ever shortcut I choose works until the rapid connect reconnect starts again I have updated the drivers for my network adapter and my router I've done malware scans registery scans including windows registery virus scans memory checks bios checks and updates uninstalled reinstalled my router drivers reset the router did a hard computer reboot Nothing helps PLEASE HELP

A:HP wireless random disconnects/reconnects

Hi and Welcome to Seven Forums!

You did well on filling out your computer specs as I see that you have a Norton security installed. Have you also tried uninstalling Norton by using the Removal Tool, make sure that you follow the directions if you wish to re-install Norton later on when your issue has been resolved.

An update will be nice.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/336526-hp-wireless-random-disconnects-reconnects.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello,
I have had wireless network problems for a long time. I bought a new router and I bought a new adapter, it just seems these problems never stop.
Recently (after 3 months or so of working fine) my wireless internet computer (which is a windows XP and is wireless with a Linksys WRT54GS v7 router and a realtek gateway adapter) keeps reconnecting/disconnecting. So I moved my tower over to the left about 3 feet. My internet works fine for a couple of hours. It then starts to disconnect/reconnect again, so I move it a couple more feet towards the left (which is where the exit of the room is, now my tower is halfway outside my door in order to get a good signal!).
Anyone know the problem?
Ideas?

Relevancy 78.26%

I have a new laptop with a built in 802.11G adapter. It connects to my router, but then disconnects periodically, sometimes it reconnects right away, other times I have to turn the wireless adapter off and back on before it reconnects. Any advice would be helpful. Is it possible it has something to do with SP2 as this is the first time I've ever used it and this is the first time I'm having problems.

A:Wireless disconnects constantly.

SP2 and the wireless adapters built in connection utility on alot of models do not play nice so usually you have to pick one or the other to use. As well you will probably want to check the channel your on as something else may be causing interferance. Have you tried your laptop in other wirelesas areas? You may want to do that to have piece of mind that your card and configuration of your laptop is working properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-disconnects-constantly.407959/
Relevancy 78.26%

When on Windows 7 (release 7100, 64 bit), the wireless internet disconnects after/during downloading a file, game downloads updates, or even when playing an online game. The internet still appears to be connected to my network however a message mentions "limited access". If I disconnect from the network, I am unable to reconnect to the network (error comes up).

This issue does not occur when using Ubuntu (dual boot) or on other computers connected to the internet (using Win XP/Vista). And does not occur when directly connected to the internet.

I also have noticed somewhat of an issue that may be relating to this problem. My network adapter is Belkin Wireless G Desktop Card F5D7000. However, Windows 7 recognizes the network card as "Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card"

Thanks for any help~

A:Wireless Constantly Disconnects

I've got the same exact problem. I have a Rosewill RNX-N2X wireless adapter. My computer does the same thing - the wireless connection comes up with limited access and it won't connect again.

Along with this though, when this happens, my CPU starts getting eaten up to almost 90% usage by something. When I try to shut down, it just locks at the shutting down screen, and I have to hold in the button.

The connection works most of the time when just surfing the web, but when making my account for this site it decided to disconnect. I've tried changing the wireless security, channel, drivers, etc... When I try a wired connection, the connection stays fine under heavy load, so it must be something with wireless drivers or something..Please help!

Edit: Also, my router is a D-Link DIR-655, but I don't think it's the problem. A Windows 7 laptop does not have any problems with this using the same router.

Edit 2: Nevermind, wireless disconnects even when surfing web after about 3-4 minutes, but downloads stop it instantly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/23476-wireless-constantly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,
I have ATT Uverse Internet, and an att uverse gateway, and on my computer the wireless keeps randomly disconnecting. Over the past few weeks it has started doing this more and more often, for instance today I can't get connection for more than 5 minutes before it disconnects. However, the wireless works on my other computer, Xbox, and iphone, so I'm not sure what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 77.4%

I CANNOT take this anymore Over the past two weeks our connection has progressively gotten worse and worse to the point now where I m lucky enough to stay online minutes not ISP Wireless disconnects- constantly Solved: at a time Our ISP is AT Solved: Wireless constantly disconnects- not ISP amp T and before this our net used to get easily Solved: Wireless constantly disconnects- not ISP disconnected by a phone call we are to get this problem in itself solved soon with filters The modem router is connected to my mother s computer downstairs She never seems to have any problems with connectivity or at least not as much as I do I m running wireless in the room right above her and I have never had this bad of a problem until recently Any wireless connection upstairs drops constantly and becomes horribly slow or disconnects completely it is still connected to the router We called our ISP and they claimed it was not a problem on their end The tech support was actually very thorough and he did everything he could from tests to helping me reset our modem back to factory settings in case there was anything possibly wrong with the modem itself- which is not that old - years give or take I ve tried multiple times to disconnect the modem and reconnect to restart the system which used to work this issue is something completely different I updated my wireless networking card driver and the problem persists I don t know what else to do and my patience has worn thin on this issue It s very bizarre and I have tried to search for anything similar but to no avail PLEASE if anyone can help let me know and if you need any more information and thank you so much in advance if you have any idea in which to help me with this problem Here is the Ipconfig if it helps at all Windows IP Configuration Host Name amie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description n Wireless PCI Express Card LAN Ada pter Physical Address - - -DA-CC-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c f b da a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - F- - F-C -DB- - B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - F-C -DB- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address - -C - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E -A B - -A - FD br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c bba b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c bba b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Loca... Read more

Relevancy 76.54%

I've never had this issue before with my Linksys Wireless-G PCI adapter model WMP54G. Its not much of a big problem but it is annoying! Connection is great at Excellent but sometimes it just disconnects and then automatically re-connects. It doesn't matter if I'm in the middle of loading a webpage or using the connection in any way either. I've checked for radio frequency interference and there is none in its area. The router is an Actiontec. Also whats frustrating is the connection speed even with an Excellent connection. It tops out at 54Mbps but sometimes drops to 12Mbps or 18Mbps even when there isn't heavy connection activity and the connection runs very slow. Google and web searches have not been successful. Any ideas?

A:[SOLVED] Wireless Adapter constantly disconnects.

How far away is the access point? What happens if you move directly in front of it? Do the problems still occur?
Are there any walls / Metal objects / fridges (large electrical components etc) between you and the access point?
You can try to swivel the Access Point aerial so it is horizontal instead of vertical or vertical instead of horizontal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-wireless-adapter-constantly-disconnects-503426.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Ok I have a Dell Latitude D with a Intel Pro wireless lan mini pci adapter internal on my computer The router is a linksys wrt gs v router The laptop will constantly disconnect and reconnect from the router mostly when I am downloading something Sometimes laptop constantly disconnects Wireless network the network will lock up and disappear completely under View network connections The problem only occurs at my GF s Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop apartment And i know its not poor signal in the walls cause she just moved and have the same problems in the new place I have the same make and model router Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop at my place and have no problems I also have no problems when I connect to the wireless network Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop at my school I also have no problems with the network using my girlfriends laptop Also my ps has no problems connecting wireless to the router either so i m pretty sure the problem is not the router but is the laptop but why only having problems with this router is really puzzling me I m at a loss of what to do i updated the firmware on the router updated the drivers on my laptop and still no solution I also changed the router s channel to one that wasn t being used by any other networks in the area nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

I have a wireless home network set constantly Solved: disconnects on computer Wireless one network up with desktop computers and laptops Most of the computers have no problems but one gets disconnected almost immediately if the network is left idle for a short time usually takes less than a minute The only way I can stay connected is to constantly download a file browse online without stopping play a game online etc If I stop Windows XP SP still displays the network as connected usually with Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer Excellent or Very Good Signal Strength yet I cannot do anything online I can t even successfully ping the router a Netgear WGT v until I disconnect from the network then reconnect Simply clicking repair does not fix anything My network adapter is an Airlink AWLH g Wireless PCI Adapter I have all power saving options disabled so I don t believe the adapter is turning itself off I previously had an Airlink router but moved and it got lost so I now have the Netgear router Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer I never had any problems connecting the other router If I use my laptop in the same room as the desktop it has no problems so I don t think the location of the computer Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer is a problem Any suggestions of what could be causing this problem on this computer Thanks in advance and feel free to ask any questions for further clarification -Jeff nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

I have a Western Digital Elements 1 TB USB 2.0 External HDD. It doesn't matter what USB 2.0 header I connect it to, back or front of PC, an error message will eventually pop up in my tray/task bar telling me the device can perform faster, and the HDD disconnects/reconnects. Some times this will happen more than once. How can I stop this from happening?

My external HDD:
Amazon.com: WD Elements 1 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive WDBAAU0010HBK-NESN: Electronics

Error message:

A:External HDD disconnects/reconnects

intelguy77, take a look here and check your drivers

Saw this posted by vistaking, thought it would be good for you to check this tutorial on USB

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/288483-external-hdd-disconnects-reconnects.html
Relevancy 74.39%

It does this every seconds or so continuously I just built a computer and I have XP Pro bit SP I just downloaded teh LAN driver from here http www biostar com tw app en-us t-power driver php S ID Are there any OS drivers i m missing possibly Microsoft Windows Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ipcong all ipcong is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name eric-l ohx lu x Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Sierra Wireless AC xEV-DO Network Ada pter Physical Address -A -D -FF-FF- PPP contantly LAN Disconnects/Reconnects adapter Sprint Mobile Broadband - Sierra Wireless Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL C P C P PCI-E Gigabi t Ethernet NIC Physical Address -E - D- F-E -CC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server C Documents and Settings Administrator gt nbsp

A:LAN Disconnects/Reconnects contantly

It can be an issue with either the NIC card or Network Cable.

If you have an integrated Ethernet Card you need to disable it in the BIOS and Add a new NIC card in the PCI slot. dont forget to update the driver for the new ethernet card.

Also, check the network cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-disconnects-reconnects-contantly.753127/
Relevancy 74.39%

My internet disconnects itself after 19 seconds of being connected, then it reconnects itself after being disconnected for a few seconds. I am using XP and an ethernet cord. At home (at college right now), when I use the internet I use a wireless router which works perfectly.

Relevancy 74.39%

For the past few months my mouse has started randomly disconnecting and reconnecting Sometimes it only disconnects for a second and other and disconnects Mouse reconnects? times it disconnects for about a minute It s very annoying when playing games and I d like to fix it I ve tried different mice sometimes when I switch mice the problem stops for about a week but then it starts happening again Mouse disconnects and reconnects? I just switched to a different mouse and it s still happening I ve tried every usb port on my computer updated all drivers unplugged my computer and plugged it back in turned it off and on multiple times still no luck Every mouse I used is wired I m out of ideas I don t know what to do The only thing I can think of is that it could be a logitech problem All the mice I tried were logitech two were the mx and the other one I tried is some old non-gaming one I don t have any mice that aren t logitech so if I could fix this without having to get a new mouse that would be great I m also wondering if this could be a motherboard problem My motherboard is fairly old and may need to be replaced Here are my specs if it matters Mobo ASUS M A -M CPU AMD Phenom II X I figured the rest was irrelevant nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

my internet disconnects every 10-15mins with out fail and then re-connects i have run avg/adaware/spybot they are up todate and the scans are clean

im out of ideas any help would be appreciated, should i post a hjt.

cheers...xxx1

A:Internet Disconnects&reconnects

Are you using dial-up or broadband?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50528/internet-disconnectsreconnects/
Relevancy 74.39%

So I have an Actiontec C A modem from centurylink it is a modem and a router at the same time We had the internet installed about - months ago I have DSL internet with speeds up to mbps We usually have about - connections to the router with laptops and phones and ipads My connection is the only one who that plays games though Lately in the past month the router will lose connection to the internet for about a minute then reconnects It s really aggravating when trying to play games then have to start over what i was doing because I got disconnected from Internet disconnects reconnects my game I have lost countless hours of game play Does Internet disconnects reconnects anyone know what this issue may be Could it be the too many connections I have tried turning them off but every now and then it still may do it The disconnects are pretty random it could be times an hour or once in hours nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

Machine is a Dell Precision T3500 workstation, Xeon E5520 quad-core processor, 12GB RAM, shipped with Vista 64 Ult. and did in-place upgrade to 7 x64 Professional.

iPhone appears to be recognized by Windows 7 and is able to sync with iTunes, but when connected, it continually switches between charging and not charging, which I assume it's actually connecting and disconnecting from the computer. It does this without end as long as the phone is docked. This is an older iPhone (original model).

Device Manager shows Intel entries for almost everything under System Devices and USB controllers, so I assume the issue is not the one on the Microsoft KB about USB devices and nVIDIA chipsets. Also since it's a Xeon processor I assume it's not the P55 chipset issue (socket 1156 core i5/i7 processors), as this one uses a socket 1366 motherboard with the Xeon processors.

Anyone have a clue would could be the issue?

A:iPhone continually disconnects/reconnects

It may be that the computer is thinking that phone is going to sleep or something and continually sending out wake up signals, which cause the continual refreshing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/56392-iphone-continually-disconnects-reconnects.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I've posted on BleepingComputer before and you guys have been a miracle for me Well Right And Click Disconnects I My | Can't Reconnects Mouse it's been awhile and now something weird is happening My Mouse will automatically disconnect and reconnect and if my speakers are on I can hear it happen it makes that windows noise when somethingis connected to the computer and disconnected Another thing is when I have my computer on for a long period of time when I go to Right Click Things the box will not appear Like Copy Past Properties ETC Please Help My HiJackThis Log My Mouse Disconnects And Reconnects | I Can't Right Click Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes My Mouse Disconnects And Reconnects | I Can't Right Click C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC My Mouse Disconnects And Reconnects | I Can't Right Click WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS System snmp exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system mqsvc exeC WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Tunebite tunebite exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Dell Network Assistant ezi hnm exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exec program files aol aol toolbar AolTbServer exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC Documents and Settings kameron Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dllO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run tunebite exe C Program Files Tunebite tunebite exe -hiddenO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup Dell Network Assistant lnk O - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEO - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar Search - c program files aol aol toolbar re... Read more

A:My Mouse Disconnects And Reconnects | I Can't Right Click

Hi Kameron,

Sorry for the delay, this forum is very busy right now.

I'm afraid I can't deliver a miracle.

I have examined your log and I don't see any signs of malware. It is clean.

I think you have a hardware problem. You need to do some old-fashioned component-swapping to troubleshoot it.

Your description of your symptoms makes it sound like you are using a USB mouse. If that is the case, then:

Steps in order:

First, make sure your mouse is securely plugged into its socket.

If you have a spare (empty) USB socket, try plugging it into a different socket. If that cures it, you have a bad socket.

Alternatively, if you have no empty sockets, switch sockets with another device such as your printer.

If that doesn't cure it, try a different USB mouse (need not be a new one, you could swap with a friend or relative temporarily. It just needs to work). If that cures it, your mouse is faulty.

If a different USB mouse does not help, try using a PS2 mouse instead. (This is the type with the round plug, the collar is usually green.) Note that you must power off and disconnect the power cable to your computer before inserting or removing a PS2 plug.

If you can't get help from anybody with the components and have to buy a new mouse I'd suggest getting one that will work with both a USB or (via adapter) a PS2 connection.

Let me know what you find out.

Dave

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/80393/my-mouse-disconnects-and-reconnects-i-cant-right-click/
Relevancy 73.53%

hello Im new to this forum and I have been having problems with my new router I decided to purchase a new one after having our old smc one since we first got cable internet There were no problems with the old one except holding back the actual cable speed The new router is a Dlink EBR- model and isp is Comcast cable The connection is hooked up to computers and occasionally a gaming console Xbox live runs great but the two computers disconnect and reconnect randomly anywhere from - times a day It is off for about anywhere from new disconnects/reconnects router random - min and then returns without me having to do anything This is a WIRED connection The firmware on the router is up to date I tried setting up static ips and the same thing happens even worse I ve tried replacing the new router random disconnects/reconnects router and the same problem still occurs any help would be appreciated since it is an annoyance Other weird problems with new router downloads from sites like rapidshare are unusually slow - k bs downloading torrent files often triggers a disconnect thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

First time I've ever posted anywhere about PC Issues Started off as a problem where my hdd would disconnect every months so pretty rarely and i just fixed that by resetting Felt like i should mention that but fast forward years and we get to where we are now where my pc detects undetects connects disconnects freezes you name it and its all to do with my secondary HDD At first I would play games located on my secondary Samsung TB Drive where I keep pretty much all my games and all my games showed weird behavior freezing randomly for - seconds I figured out it was my hard drive doing this so i moved some games to my C drive and kept playing them while I tried through reconnects disconnects HDD and periodically Internal trial and error to fix the secondary one But now it doesnt even detect it anymore when I boot up and then randomly detects it afterwards It also added a 'system reserved' partition to it that i can see in my Computer folder I can't access the hard drive anymore Sometimes I Internal HDD periodically disconnects and reconnects can browse it for seconds and then explorer freezes and i have to shut it down So to summarize - HDD is disconnected reconnects periodically for split second - Tried changing sata cable tried putting sata cable in different slot on mobo - Primary disk That windows is on works fine Any suggestions

A:Internal HDD periodically disconnects and reconnects

Does the drive show in Disk Management?

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use

Personally I'd back up as much data as possible from it and prepare to replace it ASAP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/378431-internal-hdd-periodically-disconnects-reconnects.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi
On my Acer Laptop, my Internet always keeps on Disconnecting and Reconnecting every 10 - 15 minutes. Sometimes it doesn't but Sometimes it does. When it does it usually disconnects and reconnects all day. This gets in the way whenever i'm doing something on the internet. This does not happen on any other computer in the house, however. I am connected to my sister's computer, which is the main computer. The main computer used to be mine but we changed it when my sister moved into the room where the main computer was. The internet never disconnects for her or for my dad but it does for me, all the time. Does anyone know why?

A:Internet Disconnects & Reconnects every 10 - 15 minutes

What OS? How are you connected to your sister's computer (ad-hoc wireless? ethernet cable? etc.)? Why are you connected to it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disconnects-reconnects-every-10-15-minutes.1015264/
Relevancy 73.53%

I'm not sure if it's my network or my computer. I believe my computer got updated and when I restarted it my internet started to act up. In other words, every time I'm on my League of Legends client I get a disconnection notice almost every minute. Also, when I'm watching live streams it stops constantly. My internet only stops working for about 1-5 seconds but it's still pretty bothersome. I tried to update my drivers but it said I already had the latest version. I don't know any other way to solve it.

Relevancy 73.53%

My computer is wired directly to a modem and router and my ISP is AT&T DSL.

Modem: Motorola MSTATEA
Router: Belkin Surf F7D2301 v1

I still have Local Area Connection but not Internet Connection.

My internet disconnects every 2-3 minutes for about 20 seconds and this lasts for 1-2 hours. Then it happens again later on (I'd say 4 times a day).

If you need more information I'd be happy to tell you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnects-and-reconnects-frequently.157810/
Relevancy 73.53%

Symptom: Ballon from System Tray ping-pongs saying
Cable connected -- cable disconnected -- cable connected​when it remains attached all the while and other systems have no issues.

Nic Card: Broadcom NetXtreme gigabit in default settings.

Lan contains 10/100 mb interface
(D-Link DSS-5+ - 5 port 10/100 desktop switch )

Solution:
use the Broadcom control panel to set the interface back to
10mb/half duplex, no QoS, no power settings.

I tried the 10/full duplex and the 100/half duplex as well,
but only the 10/mb half duplex would retain a reliable connection.

Apparently the Broadcom is drowing the switch to which it is connected.
As the entire LAN is 10/100 anyway, this is an acceptable solution.

The router is too far away to attempt a direct connection, so a switch/hub is necessary for the physical wiring.
Someday we might try another box, vender, or upgrading the whole lan to gigabit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-connects-disconnects-reconnects.107082/
Relevancy 73.53%

When I scan my computer for viruses etc my internet disconnects at around 70% for up to a minute. I am connected by Ethernet and my sister's phone's wireless also disconnects. We are both connected to the network but the internet access has a red cross on it... What is wrong with it? Is it maybe a virus that my software cannot detect because when I do a 100% scan there is no threats...

Relevancy 73.53%

Hi,

My modem disconnects then reconnects sometimes 3 times a day or more. I am using aztech. I changed my router to a linksys, during the first 2 months it was okay, now the same problem arise again with my aztech.

A:My modem/router disconnects then reconnects

If your modem is disconnecting it's likely a problem with your ISP, the cable or phone lines between your ISP and the modem, the modem or its power supply, or a faulty or missing filter if DSL.

If you want to be more specific about your type of internet service, brand and model of modem and router, specific problem, etc., we may be able to offer more help or suggestions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-modem-router-disconnects-then-reconnects.748676/
Relevancy 73.53%

I've been having this problem for the past 3-4 weeks now. I had an old Zyxel router that my broadband provider had given me for free and thought the problem might have been with it. Today I got a new router, an ASUS DSL-N55U and the problem persists.

My internet connection will disconnect (both cable and wireless for all devices) for seemingly no reason. Upon restarting the router, it will connect and be fine for a while until it happens again. Sometimes it stays online a few hours, other times a few minutes. It doesn't seem to be a specific application that disconnects it, as it disconnects when using many different applications and devices. (Although the old router did disconnect when refreshing game server lists, as it flooded the router. The new router doesn't seem to have this problem)

It's been bugging me like crazy, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

A:Internet Disconnects but Reconnects on Restart

Did your Isp .Run a line check for you. I had this problem about a year ago. Turned out it was my line coming in the house. another thing you can try is uninstalling you av protection. Long enough to see if this makes a differance. I have seen AV software cause problems like this also. That is about all I can think of. I am sure someone else here will be able to assist you to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnects-but-reconnects-on-restart.203873/
Relevancy 73.53%

Okay so I have an above average computer with Vista Home I m running Firefox with NoScript and as such allow the website s domain whenever I browse a site to use script About two days ago when then reconnects, Internet mine other? disconnects, or this problem started happening I hooked up my nokia phone to the usb port and the windows Sync center popped up and Internet disconnects, then reconnects, mine or other? now it Internet disconnects, then reconnects, mine or other? is still there every time I boot up but it says something about syncing to the Microsoft SQYL Internet disconnects, then reconnects, mine or other? server I don t know if thats related but thats the only thing I ve noticed that has happened differently besides my regular permission of sites that I browse through NoScript on Firefox which makes me wonder if I potentially allowed a site to run script that may have put some sort of spyware adaware malaware etc onto it I ve previously used Firefox without NoScript and haven t had this problem I ve been using Firefox with NoScript for about to months now We have a fast internet connection which we average about kb s and when my internet works its runs smoothly But now every minutes or so it disconnects often times first slowing down then reconnects like a minute or so later disconnecting MSN then reconnecting it etc This only happens to me I also have an other laptop in the house that this problem never occurs to also running windows vista Thanks for all help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disconnects-then-reconnects-mine-or-other.663603/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a Hatchi external HDD that does NOT have its own every I disconnects/reconnects use time it HDD External power source plugged into my Gateway DX Win home premium bit desktop's USB I think it might do the same thing on my crappy old laptop but don't use it enough to remember nor care Every time I go to use anything in the HDD hit save open etc it disconnects and reconnects a moment later popping up autoplay which annoys the heck out of me I have tried an identical cable from a broken version of the same drive with the same results It does not disconnect randomly when not in use but only when I ask the computer to do something involving it Running something movies a playlist on pause even in another window from the drive will keep it connected but that's a bit of a pain and hogs some resources It does not disconnect in the middle of data transfer External HDD disconnects/reconnects every time I use it ever even when I dumped the whole thing which took a few hours No other devices plugged into either bay of USBs ever do this so the symptoms are device-specific It did not always do this but started many months ago I didn't think much of it then BUT IT GETS WORSE Last week I formatted full format not quick just in case from NTFS back to exFAT because it wouldn't read in my boyfriend's computer or xbox as NTFS I'm not sure if this is related but now it's not popping back up as a newly connected device after a External HDD disconnects/reconnects every time I use it disconnect and I have to get up unplug it and plug it back in every time it disconnects It does have a little power jack spot on it Would finding a power External HDD disconnects/reconnects every time I use it source that fits that help Is there a setting someplace Those are my only two format options anyone have any ideas what I might do Hitachi that doesn't tell me much Product Description EXTERNAL HDD - USB - quot GB HITACHI X MOBILE BLACK Size GB Form Factor quot External Interface USB Gateway Gateway Support - Specifications

A:External HDD disconnects/reconnects every time I use it

Is that a powered USB port you are trying to use it with? I think those have a + sign after the USB logo.

Is this a front port on the computer? If so, try using one of the ports in the back that are mounted directly on the motherboard.

It sounds like the drive isn't getting enough power, especially if the issue happens when the drive is asked to spin up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/242278-external-hdd-disconnects-reconnects-every-time-i-use.html
Relevancy 73.53%

New user here I have an acer aspire g running windows bit Acer provided free upgrade from vista disconnects reconnects and internet Random a couple months ago Got the laptop back last july Just recently though i have been getting a lot Random internet disconnects and reconnects of random internet disconnects about every - minutes I initially had a netgear router setup I tried Random internet disconnects and reconnects using the wifi from it only instead of direct wire and same thing happens I then directly connected my laptop to my comcast modem and the same thing still happens When it disconnects the network and sharing center shows me still connected to the network but on the line going to internet there is an X on it and i am cut off from internet for about seconds to infinity at which time i restart the laptop and it usually fixes itself I turned off the homegroup which hasnt done anything and the wifi and ethernet drivers are both up to date So at this point its either my comcast which I still am trying to test out with my old computer loaded with xp or my laptop with which I have no idea what to do with other than try it with someone else's internet I think its the laptop Sorry for sloppy english Any questions about system and I should be able to find it out

A:Random internet disconnects and reconnects

Take this question to http://www.dslreports.com, find the Comcast HSI forum, and repost your question there. This might well be a signal level problem with your comcast connection. Your modem signal levels can be found at 192.168.100.1 entered into your browser address bar.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/73985-random-internet-disconnects-reconnects.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Every time while I am in the desktop my mouse randomly disconnects and than reconnects.It freezes and making usb sound..
tnx for help!!

A:Mouse disconnects and reconnects randomly

try another usb port. if that doesn't work buy a new mouse. sounds like it's on it's way out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/190794-mouse-disconnects-reconnects-randomly.html
Relevancy 73.53%

First of disconnects/reconnects on USB win 8.0 device sporadically all hello to everyone as I have just registered on this forum USB device sporadically disconnects/reconnects on win 8.0 and this is my first post Here's my situation and hope someone can please lend a hand I've had a sim racing rig setup for about a year but hadn't been able to even switch it on for the past few months A few days ago I switched it back on again and after updating everything basically Avast antivirus Mozilla Firefox Java and Windows updates my USB sim racing wheel Fanatec CSR Elite Wheel has been randomly disconnecting for about a second and reconnecting again while playing a game mainly iRacing but also Grid which is very annoying because while it's disconnected the car wheels turn completely left and usually make me crash It has only happened while paying a game never while doing someting else on the pc I've tried googling for a solution but after trying several things like disconnecting other USB devices reinstalling or updating drivers connecting the wheel to other USB ports or deactivating windows power saving options in the device manager it s still happenning In the hope that it can help find the cause I've captured a usb event trace with logman etl file during which it happened twice towards the end I'd very much appreciate it if anyone who has the knowledge to understand the file could take a look at it and give me their opinion because I lack the knowledge to understand it myself You can download the file from here It's compressed into a MB zip file so it needs to be unziped Anyway I really hope someone can help me because I can see this thing driving me crazy until I somehow figure out what's wrong Thanks

A:USB device sporadically disconnects/reconnects on win 8.0

I had a similar issue on my Toshiba Satellite laptop. Turns out there are some revisions of Intels XHCI USB 3.0 controller that dont operate correctly and will cause that sporadic disconnect/reconnect when there is even just a semi-high power device connected to the USB port. It was said to be a driver issue and Intel knew about it, but had no plans to fix it.

If you have an Intel USB controller on your motherboard this may end up being your issue as well.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/71596-usb-device-sporadically-disconnects-reconnects-win-8-0-a.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Ok just got new computer with Vista on it not sure if it's a vista problem but this problem only starting occuring when I got Vista Anyway I have a direct cable connection not wireless to a Cox Communications Modem Has worked fine for quite awhile so I doubt it's an internet service providers fault The problem is - I'll randomly disconnect from the internet for a EXTREMELY brief time like second This has no problems with simple new browsing as there is no need for constant connection to be effective However I'm a gamer and my internet playing is very at fault toward this problem For instance i'll play a game and it'll randomly disc from the game I also would have Ventrilo running chatting program and it'll kick me off briefly where i can re-connect right away a note for that matter I can see quot myself quot in the room still as if the connection is applications. up Reconnects Disconnects and Random mess that still trying to re-connect even though I reconnected This problem is extremely annoying specially since i just spent dollars on this new comp gt gt Technical Details - Processor Intel Random Disconnects and Reconnects that mess up applications. R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Video Card ATI Radeon HD Approx Total Memory MB Current Display Random Disconnects and Reconnects that mess up applications. Mode x Random Disconnects and Reconnects that mess up applications. bit Hz OS Windows Vista Home Basic HELP PLZ I WANNA PLAY DEMIGOD AND DOTA o o

A:Random Disconnects and Reconnects that mess up applications.

ive of this alot but only in wireless , due to vista searching for new networks.

do you have the latest drivers for your lan network adapter? are there any driver/firmware updates available for your router/modem?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/229111-random-disconnects-reconnects-mess-up-applications.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hey,
My computer keeps disconnecting the battery charger after 10 seconds without warning. After a few seconds it connects again. I had this problem start about 2 weeks ago and the charger to my computer is plugged in when the battery is disconnected. Please, I've had this problem for weeks and I need it resolved.
Thanks.

TGSUser123

Information about this computer:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 7860 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -293 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 320306 MB; E: Total - 476836 MB, Free - 455556 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc.,
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2014, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 72.67%

Hi Disconnects and External Drive Reconnects Hard I had hoped I would be able to fix this problem without having to create a post for it but after browsing the forums I found many problems similar to mine however still found no answers My external hard drive continuously disconnects and reconnects when I try to access it At first it would disconnect and External Hard Drive Disconnects and Reconnects reconnect non stop then later it would only do that after I try and access the files or run an error-check I have re-formatted the drive and it has been staying connected for longer periods but the transfer rate is now slowed down considerably and it still disconnects during data transfers sometimes Before the re-format I had tried moving it to another computer to see if External Hard Drive Disconnects and Reconnects the problem was with my PC however the issue continued on that computer as well I found in another post that buying a cable from here http www tigerdirect com applicat amp csid ITD External Hard Drive Disconnects and Reconnects amp recordsPerPage amp body REVIEWS may solve my problem however I would like to confirm that this is necessary before I do so It seemed that this external hard drive was also having an effect on my computer itself My computer to a very long time to shut down on some occasions while the HD was on but once I turned it off it would finish shutting down immediately after A similar problem occurred while starting up my computer while the HD was running I have tried removing all other USB drives other than my external hard drive to see if it could perhaps be a problem with the power supply but this didn t fix anything My external hard drive will now stay connected while I am not using it however as mentioned once I try and do anything with it it will disconnect and reconnect The drive in question is currently my G drive Computer Management jpg And these are the options I used when I reformatted it Format jpg If any other information is needed please let me know Thanks in advance nbsp

A:External Hard Drive Disconnects and Reconnects

If someone could give me a hand with this or could at least direct me to another post which may hold some answers I would greatly appreciate it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hard-drive-disconnects-and-reconnects.841664/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello folks I ve been having an issue that perplexes me dearly and pushes my understanding of computer networking It s basic I do understand computers to a fair level enough to solve most issues that come my way Internet and disconnects reconnects automatically then briefly but I have no idea what is going on here My internet connection will drop every - hours on totally random intervals I don t think it s ever happened at the same time and then reconnect itself very fast usually within - seconds It is noteworthy to mention that the small icon on the windows taskbar display the internet connection never actually shows any sign of this as if nothing is wrong It does not show anything wrong at all in fact I simply Internet disconnects briefly and then reconnects automatically get cut off from anything I m doing for those brief seconds As a gamer Internet disconnects briefly and then reconnects automatically it s absolutely unacceptable It was bearable before when the game I was playing would automatically reconnect to the server however in my new game called Darkfall it kicks me out as soon as my connection is dropped I also cannot log back in due to the competitive nature of the game A disconnection is almost certain death You can understand my frustration Some background information that might help I moved into this place about months ago I live with a roommate in Canada Montreal to be specific The ISP we use is Videotron the largest one in Quebec It is a mbp s down and mbp s up extreme high speed cable connection He has a home server tower The internet cable is connected to a modem which is connected then to a router upstairs where he has computers The line then goes downstairs to a switch in the server room and then the line comes to my computer It s all fully wired nothing wireless at all More to note is that his computers do not have the same issue besides one in his office The only common link we ve established between them is they are both using windows XP Hardly narrowing it down much eh I know Again I can notice absolutely no pattern in these disconnections at all That in of itself probably means something to the very tech savvy but I don t know what to make of it Sometimes it will not drop at all for - hours sometimes it will happen twice within hours I am using the Nvidia nforce Network adapter and yes the drivers are installed no yellow flags in the device manager I try to keep my computer clean and stable so I really am stuck here I would very much so appreciate any assistance Thanks in advance PC information Windows XP SP bit Nvidia Nforce i XFX motherboard Watt Corsair TX AMP PSU Sapphire HD GPU slightly overclocked on clock speed Intel core duo E CPU not overclocked Perfectly stable and cooled GB of kingston DDR Mhz RAM nbsp

Relevancy 72.67%

I have a windows 7 machine that disconnects from the Internet intermittedly. The problem occurs with an Ethernet connection or a wifi connection. I've run a number of anti-malware programs and nothing helped.

A:Internet Disconnects and reconnects both Ethernet or wifi

Does this happen on only your Computer or do you have others connected with same issue ?
If you are the only one connected try another Pc or Laptop and see if error reproduces.
I would think it would be a Modem Router issue , also check lines and filters etc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575795/internet-disconnects-and-reconnects-both-ethernet-or-wifi/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have been getting regular disconnects and reconnects within a second or so if messenger is online but idle. This is disconcerting because when it happens, the message grabs "focus" from whatever I was doing at the time. What can be done, if anything, to stop this?

Even, I have Scanned my PC using AVG AntiVirus. I have Removed all those Virus.
Still getting regular disconnects and reconnects within a second.

I would appreciate any advice you may have to keep this from happening... thanks

A:My Yahoo Messenger disconnects and reconnects quickly

I wouldn't say you are completely free from viruses, especially since you use AVG ( I personally have had really bad experiences when it came to AVG dealing with viruses and other malware)

Please run a hijack this scan and post the log here,
download it from the link below.
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/hijackthis.php

Do not fix anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-yahoo-messenger-disconnects-and-reconnects-quickly.836665/
Relevancy 72.67%

About a few days ago I tried copying some stuff from my old laptop to my new one with my Toshiba HDD GB Some are large sizes At least files were corrupted and from then on out I've been having issues with the external The folder it was in could not be deleted I tried EVERY possible way to file trans HDD External during reconnects then disconnects delete it it SEEMED to delete all the files when i did but it says there are still files in it I ran all kinds of checks and defrag fixes and I assumed everything was fine files showed up But now I can transfer files FROM it but not TO it Once in a while I'd be able to get some stuff onto it but then it disconnects and says that the file I'm trying to copy from my laptop both laptops now is not in its location Then the external HDD disconnects then reconnects And I am having that External HDD disconnects then reconnects during file trans folder deletion problem again I have gotten some prompts that I need to reformat my external I'm not sure if I have to do that I have never had this issue before EDIT now I'm having issues transferring FROM the external

A:External HDD disconnects then reconnects during file trans

1. Well first off try some diagnostic on it. Each manufacture has a tool on there web site that you can use to check out the hard drive itself! I personally use HD Tune Pro but that's not free.

Support :: Toshiba :: Computers, Laptops/Notebooks, Tablets, Televisions, DVD and Blu-Ray Players, Camcorders, Storage, Accessories, and more

2. If your using USB 3.0 I would suggest you delete the USB drivers from Device Manager. reboot and they will reinstall that might help.

3. If your hard drive checks out good, you might try a different external case. thinking maybe the chipset in the case could be failing.

4. Use Diskpart to Clean and create a logical partition and format it NTFS

As for losing files? you should be copying that way if something happens you still have the originals. Takes a little bit longer as you have to delete the originals once you have successfully copied them to the new location!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/52441-external-hdd-disconnects-then-reconnects-during-file-trans.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello people I have a problem like the topic might have suggested I've tried three mice Logitech G Razer Deathadder and a random Logitech wireless but the problem remains I haven't found any coincidents when i run a specific program or game Sometimes it goes a day or two without incident and sometimes multiple times a day I have run several Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Avast scans but 8.1 and Windows Mouse disconnects reconnects randomly they did not find anything I have also ran a quot sfc scannow quot and the quot DISM exe Online Cleanup-image Restorehealth quot to fix those problems but that did not help with Mouse disconnects and reconnects randomly Windows 8.1 the mouse disconnecting problem I have tried the current drivers for every mouse tried without drivers and tried to uninstall all drivers all let Windows install them itself I'm currently out of suggestions and would Mouse disconnects and reconnects randomly Windows 8.1 like help with the matter Regards Mattias My specs Windows Pro -bit System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire G BIOS InsydeH O Version V Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz CPUs GHz DirectX Version DirectX Graphics GeForce GT M Driverversion Card name Intel R HD Graphics Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel R HD Graphics Family

A:Mouse disconnects and reconnects randomly Windows 8.1

Install this latest Intel INF chipset package:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...d=inf&lang=eng

Sounds like interference to me. See what you might have near the mice that could be interfering with its radio signal.

Check the batteries you're using. Try new ones if unsure of current state.

Try installing this for your USB 3.0 port:

EVGA X58 FTW3 USB 3.0 Driver 2.1.19.0 - Windows XP/Vista/7 32/64bit Download

Try a 2.0 port if you have one.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/40184-mouse-disconnects-reconnects-randomly-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Need a little help with a prob that has Disconnects/Reconnects Drive External Continusouly Upon Access... gotten to be a real pain I have a WD gb external drive a little over a year old partitioned into x gb drives I amp J I also have a WD TB drive K These drives are connected via a newly replaced Belkin -port powered USB hub External Drive Continusouly Disconnects/Reconnects Upon Access... I thought that this may have been the culprit but alas prob still happening with the new hub I also replaced the usb cable from drive to hub with a new gold connector type The problem Over the last week or so External Drive Continusouly Disconnects/Reconnects Upon Access... each time the drive is accessed it appears to be disconnected even tho its listed in Windows explorer and has to reconnect External Drive Continusouly Disconnects/Reconnects Upon Access... before any folders files can be accessed All folders files access as normal Then when the need arises again in a minute or an hour the same thing begins all over again I have an HP tower ghz gb ram XP The drives are set for quot optimize for quick removal quot in the Hardware Properties I have checked the power settings for all my usb ports they are off I ve attached the hub to different ports on the back of the tower as well as the ports on the front No difference As I mentioned above I replaced the hub and the cable In my device manager list I have USB host controllers and USB host controller I don t know which is which Over the last couple of days I have used the WD diagnostic tools to run scans on both external drives because I was having the same problem with the TB drive as well After running the WD scan on the TB drive errors were found and I chose to repair them The disconnecting problem has not repeated so far on this drive I ran the test on the GB drive but no errors were found go figure There is also an HP Personal Drive that connects via a slot in the tower H This drive has never exhibited any problems whatsoever it is accessed frequently as it holds My Documents folder Also in case it s pertinent Within Computer Management both I amp J are listed as healthy I is listed as the Primary Partition followed by J as a Logical Drive within the Extended Partition H is listed as a logical drive within the extended partition but there is only partition why is this K is listed as the Primary Partition there s only partition This seems correct so why doesn t H appear the same way And does it really matter And what does quot mark as active mean quot This option is available on the primary partitions but not on the logical drives At this time the only drive that is quot active quot is C BTW I also had a similar problem with a third WD GB drive where the tower finally stopped finding it at all most of the time I tried the diagnostic tools they didn t detect the drive as WD and reformatted but it didn t help so I moved this data to the TB drive This drive is recognized by and works fine with my laptop so I think the problem lies with the tower I m planning to uninstall all usb controllers and let them reinstall after reboot as I read somewhere on this forum I will also try to remember to check the USB settings in the BIOS Beyond that I am out of ideas I would appreciate any suggestions that will help eliminate this problem Sorry for the long winded post sbergstc nbsp

A:External Drive Continusouly Disconnects/Reconnects Upon Access...

bump... Anybody???
sbergstc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-drive-continusouly-disconnects-reconnects-upon-access.794123/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello all,

So, I have a Toshiba Satellite computer that's a couple years old, but runs fine other than the internet.

This problem started happening around a month ago, for a couple days it'll just disconnect and reconnect to the internet randomly ( Every couple minutes or so) But after a couple days, it usually just stops. Recently it started doing it again, and I've searched and searched online and tried literally everything I can find but nothing seems to work. We've updated drivers, tried restore points, changed the driver settings to maximum performance in the power management settings, but to no avail.

We're running on Windows 7, have intel-Centrino Winax adapters. It isn't the router either btw, as we have another laptop that stays connected perfectly fine. Tried toshiba support, but since the warranty is out they wanna charge us, but the tech guy did say something about changing settings, just not sure what settings he was talking abou

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and any more info you need just let me know how to get to it and I'll post. Thanks!

A:Toshiba Laptop randomly disconnects and reconnects every couple minutes.. Tried everything

You may have to invest in one of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833315091

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-randomly-disconnects-and-reconnects-every-couple-minutes-tried-everything.199323/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a Windows computer that is having trouble connecting wirelessly to the internet The user connects wirelessly via a network adapter card and due reconnects network few disconnects and Solved: adapter DLink seconds every to his desk location an Ethernet cord can t be used Several Solved: DLink network adapter disconnects and reconnects every few seconds other users are Solved: DLink network adapter disconnects and reconnects every few seconds able to connect including other wireless users via the small office router Netgear and no one else is having a problem except for this one user The user has a DLink WDA desktop network adapter The adapter continually connects to the network but after - seconds disconnects Even during the period of connectivity I am not Solved: DLink network adapter disconnects and reconnects every few seconds able to ping the router or any outside web address I looked in Device Manager and the wireless network adapter is showing no question marks or exclamation points and it says the device is working properly I went ahead and installed the latest driver for the network adapter and nothing has changed I have tried to change the TCP IP setting from the standard static configuration to DHCP and nothing works I also went into services and disabled the computer browser No change I restarted the Netgear router just for kicks No change My assumption would be that the network adapter is bad How do I know this for sure since Device Manager indicates that it is working Any other suggestions on what I should check Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: DLink network adapter disconnects and reconnects every few seconds

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dlink-network-adapter-disconnects-and-reconnects-every-few-seconds.953024/
Relevancy 69.66%

http www bleepingcomputer com forums t help-computers-internet-keeps-reconnecting Sorry about posting in wrong place the st time HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Reconnects Help! To Internet! Computer Constantly Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files UPHClean uphclean exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exeC PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exeC PROGRA Webshots webshots scrC Program Files iPod bin Help! Computer Reconnects Constantly To Internet! iPodService exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www gci netR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www coasttocoastam com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - Help! Computer Reconnects Constantly To Internet! HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - no file O - BHO Big Fish Games - A EAA BB DF-DB -E -D B -F DB E - no file O - Toolbar Big Fish Games - A EAA BB DF-DB -E -D B -F DB E - no file O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleSyncNotifier exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgw exe RUNONCE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgw exe RUNONCE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgw exe RUNONCE User 'Default user' O - S- - - Startup AutoTBar exe User 'SYSTEM' O - DEFAULT Startup AutoTBar exe User 'Default user' O - DEFAULT User Startup AutoTBar exe User 'Default user' O - Startup Webshots lnk C Program Files Webshots Launcher exeO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-A... Read more

A:Help! Computer Reconnects Constantly To Internet!

Hello and welcome to BCWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. We aim to provide the valuable service known to come from BC to every member we can, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.Upon completing the steps below a staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.Thanks and again sorry for the delay. Please see here for instructionshow to install HijackThis and make a logfile. Save it into convenient location and include it to your next reply, please.NextPlease do a scan with Kaspersky Online ScannerNote: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My ComputerThis will start the program and scan your system.The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.Once the scan is complete, click on View scan reportNow, click on the Save Report as button.Save the file to your desktop.Copy and paste that information in your next post.Please post back with HijackThis log and Kaspersky report.Regards

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/165331/help-computer-reconnects-constantly-to-internet/
Relevancy 61.06%

Got a new T400 with XP for work at home. My SSID is broadcasting and I'm using a WEP key so I have my preferred network listed in there with those settings. On every bootup, it never connects on its own. I have to go into its network properties --> wireless networks and check the "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" box. Only then will the preferred networks box become active, and then it'll connect to wireless fine. How do I get it to do keep that box to stay checked on every bootup?

I already have it using the same network name as my other machines.

A:wireless never reconnects upon bootup

I'd look for a 3rd party wireless client that is probably starting up and disabling your WZC configuration.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-never-reconnects-upon-bootup.856287/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I have been having a problem with my DSL constantly disconnecting I like to play an online game called Rumble Fighter That s pretty much the help. DSL constantly disconnects, only game I play online It used to stay connected pretty good maybe DC DSL constantly disconnects, help. ing once in a while but lately it disconnects about every - mins I can t stay connected and it s getting anonying Here is some info about my setup DSL thru Verizon Modem Westell model W Vonage as phone company PC specs Windows Vista HP F AMD Phenom Quad Core GHz GB of DDR RAM GB HD We have also had problem with Vonage dropping calls I have have contacted them and we have done everything they can on their end to fix it so I am thinking Verizon is the problem I also ran a Line quality test and here is DSL constantly disconnects, help. the results I got http www dslreports com linequality nil Also ran DR Ping from that same site which gives me a result of which I don t know what that means and it says the following Sorry pings gave errors or timeouts from IPs were reachable Any help is greatly appreciated Should I contacted Verizon I am on the West Coast if that DSL constantly disconnects, help. matters Thanks Mike nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Right, so before this DSL was rarely stable, it was incredibly slow. I solved the problem by directly connecting the modem (a Westell 6100) to the phone jack, as from what I've seen, the three way splitter that was used killed the connection speed. Now the results from doing this was the internet speed being increased sevenfold. The connection I have is from Verizon, not really too sure on the connection, but if it helps, the top speed I have now is about 70 kb/s. I've taken the line quality test from DSLReports, but from what it says, everything is apparently good. Another thing I've noticed too is that the Internet and Ethernet lights on both the router (A Linksys WRT300N) and the modem are constantly flashing. If anyone could help me with this, I'd be grateful, and the link to the test is here. http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2537166

Relevancy 59.77%

Heres my problem, it has persisted for the past 3-4 months or so.

Randomly, but more frequently when i am gaming (WoW, Counter strike, Ventrilo, Warcraft III), my cable completely disconnects my internet and telephone (Optimum online & Voice)

The modem itself stays on but the lights for DS, US, and Online go out for 30 secs to a minute then reconnects and my internet is fine for the next 30 minutes or so until the same thing happens again.

I have switched out modems since it happened, no change.
I have switched out routers (upgraded from a WRT54GS to a WRT310N), no change.

I have seen you guys do some remarkable stuff with Hijackthis and such, if you could help me now with this problem it would relieve a lot of grief.

Thanks for your time

A:Internet Constantly Disconnects

Hi

Just out of interest have you contacted your ISP in case it is a fault with their equipment. ?

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-constantly-disconnects.109954/
Relevancy 59.77%

I've had Verizon DSL for a while now, and I'll be honest, its the worst service we have ever gotten.
It goes down consistently, and by the time i call Verizon Tech Support, internet seems to stabilize and they say there is nothing wrong with my internet.
I did a line test at dslreports and got the following result.
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2552521

Looks just fine, but what explains the constant disconnections?
Oh, their 24/7 Tech Support lines seemed to have been closed for a long time now as well. Also, when i try calling corporate, they put my on hold then hang up.

Sooo, what do you guys think?
Thanks in advance.
-Jonathan

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all, I recently bought my first laptop (HP Streambook) and it's fine except for it constantly disconnecting from my wifi?
It only does this in my room (note that every other device I own can still pick up and keep a consistent connection in here), and when it picks up the connection, it only has 2-3 bars. It'll then go to 5 bars for about 30 secs, then disconnect completely. When I attempt to reconnect it may not work at all, or appear there with 2-3 bars again. I have reset the network card more times than I care to mention and any amount of troubleshooting won't help. I'm at my wit's end, any ideas?

A:WiFi constantly disconnects?

Welcome to the forum!

Honestly, not the top of the line when it comes to notebooks/laptops. Can't rule out that it simply has a weak wifi adapter and antenna. What adapter does it have? May need to update the drivers. How far are you from the router and are there walls in between?

Also be sure the adapter is not allowed to sleep and power saving mode is not enabled.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62902-wifi-constantly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Um, I do have internet that runs perfectly but for some reason..after a good while on the internet, it disconnects and i have to reboot just to get a connection everytime. I don't know what is going on but it gets on my nerves. I'm working on a bunch of projects that need access to the internet but i can't finish them with the internet giving up on me everytime i need it. Is there anything i can do to fix this?

A:Internet Constantly Disconnects...

First, try another browser to see if this behavior occurs there. This'll let us know if it's a browser issue or not. Here's a link to a nice free browser (Firefox) that I use: http://www.mozilla.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72897/internet-constantly-disconnects/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi im new to this forum I have some problems with my network To begin i have a D-Link DI- wireless router with latest firware And i have pc's and a laptop All computers have D-Link wireless network adapters which can have a throughput of mb so can the wireless router The network is fine No problems Constantly Network Drive Disconnects My pc has a HDD that the whole network can put there stuff on they have full access to it But my brothers pc and my dads laptop keep losing connection to after a certain amount Network Drive Constantly Disconnects of time But my sisters pc has no problems it wont loose connection Here are some basic specs of the pc's Mine Windows XP Pro x SP AMD Athlon X gb SATA Master HDD not shared gb ATA Slave HDD full access gb DDR RAM Dual Channel Brothers Windows XP Home SP Intel P HTT ghz gb ATA Master HDD not Shared gb DDR RAM Sisters Windows Network Drive Constantly Disconnects Vista Home Basic Intel Core Duo ghz i think gb ATA Master HDD not shared gb DDR RAM Dads Laptop Window XP Home SP AMD Athon gb ATA Master HDD Not Shared mb DDR RAM Any ideas If you need more info just say

A:Network Drive Constantly Disconnects

Anyone going to help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-drive-constantly-disconnects-144284.html
Relevancy 58.91%

After years of my laptop running flawlessly I ve started having major problems connecting to my router the internet I noticed the problems started happening after I did a huge gb download My computer constantly but randomly disconnects for random intervals of time If I do while computers constantly other not disconnects Laptop m lucky it ll connect just fine but once it disconnects it ll most likely not work for quite some time The other computers cellphones etc aren t having any problems with connecting and it s only my laptop Sometimes it seems to go on a quot Identifying Name No internet access quot loop or it connects to the router but I get no internet access And whenever I troubleshoot it it never really helps anything and I never get a consistent reason as to why it isn t working The laptop is an Asus running Windows Windows IP Configuration Host Name Katie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C- B-D - - -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ca comcast net Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- B-D - A- F-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address - B- - -F -DD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Laptop constantly disconnects while other computers do not Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E D -E A - FCC-BCD -B DC FA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - Laptop constantly disconnects while other computers do not - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ca comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B C D-E B- FA -BDB -E C E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

I have a network with up to a dozen computers at any one time.
All have static ips
Most are wired.

The prob is between 2 wireless computers.
If I run both comps with windows xp, all is fine.
But 1 of the pcs is often booted from a live (Puppy) Linux cd.
When I boot using Linux, both of these pcs start dis/reconnecting to the network, every few minutes.
The nics both have different macs, & they are both assigned their own static ips correctly.
Another wireless pc on the network is not affected.

Any ideas why the disconnects & how to solve this prob?

PS. I am using a Netgear 824 router.

Thanks for any replies

Rob

Relevancy 58.48%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have had a problem for the past couple days. I have looked over many places on the internet and have not found a solution.

The problem is my computer ASUS ul 30-a up until a few days ago was running fine on wireless until a couple of days ago when the wireless constantly was cutting out every minute or so and reconecting 10-15 seconds later. I have reformatted my computer and installed multiple new driver from the Asus website. When wired into the router the internet works perfectly. But wireless even directly next to it does not work. Their are 2 other laptops in the house neither which have had any problem dropping connections. Another thing I fine odd is that my computer is perfectly fine on my wireless at school. I have tried resetting the router and multiple router setting but still nothing. Renew release Ip, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 58.48%

As the topic title says, my Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN (On this machine) Constantly connects and disconnects about every 5-10 seconds. My other machines on my network are fine.

I've tried moving the card into different PCI slots;
Changing the RJ45;
Installing drivers on the CD provided;
Installing drivers from the internet;
Uninstalling the card completely and installing as above;

Any ideas?
Any other specs you may require, just ask and i'll post them.

Windows XP (No service Packs as i just formatted. It had the same problems with SP1 and SP2 installed too)

Many thanks.

Ben

A:Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN Connects-Disconnects constantly

Where are you connecting to? A router? A switch? A bridge? A hub? Another computer?
What does your network look like in general?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-10-100-lne100tx-lan-connects-disconnects-constantly.22663/
Relevancy 58.48%

I m constantly getting disconnected on my Comcast Internet It s my primary connection but I do have a VZW BroadbandAccess as a secondary and for when I commute go on the road etc This has always happened but mostly stopped after Internet Comcast Disconnects Solved: Constantly I switched to a - mhz -Way Solved: Comcast Internet Constantly Disconnects splitter about months ago Before that the disconnects would be like every ten days Now it s happening every few hours Sometimes it resolves itself sometimes I have to disconnect and reconnect the modem from the cable line powercycling doesn t do it My cable modem is a real pain to get to being at the bottom of a rack in my crawlspace It s on a cheap VA UPS with the router and some switches It always fails on establishing send channels Can tell that from the logs Which I can t seem to access anymore but that s what it always used to be Modem SB ISP Comcast Chicago Router WRT G v on DD-WRT but it doesn t really matter Does the same thing when connected to my RouterBoard but that s not setup the way I want it yet Other Stuff Airport Express as AP Print Server Speakers with DHCP turned off Should I just order a new modem Any recommendations Would a bidir cable amplifier before the splitter help nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I've been trying to use my IPv6 as default over IPv4. After manually entering in the IP address into the adapter under IPv6 protocol, it would connect for 5 minutes before disconnecting itself. I would have to constantly redo just to keep the connection up. How can I use my IPv6 without constantly disconnecting, is there something I'm doing wrong?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/392167-ipv6-constantly-disconnects-windows-7-xfinity-comcast.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello TwinHeadedEagle,

My web browser (Chrome and IE) also redirect to "Meet Local Singles". I follow your instructions and have 2 files. Please see the attachments. Thank very much for your help

A:Malware/Virus constantly slows down and disconnects my internet and redirects to harmful webpages

Task: {069C68BA-AD06-4E87-8E5E-F3C43AC230FC} - System32\Tasks\AutoKMS => C:\Windows\AutoKMS\AutoKMS.exe

This topic will now be closed due to evidence of cracked or pirated software on this system.

Piracy Policy

Should you think that is not the case, please send me a private message.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/malware-virus-constantly-slows-down-and-disconnects-my-internet-and-redirects-to-harmful-webpages.54556/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I'm bombed by a harmful virus which always slowing down my internet and lots of disconnections. I also redirected to different harmful web pages (some of them are Russian porn sites and dating sites).

I scanned multiple times with Kaspersky Internet Security tools (pro) and Malwarebytes along with Adware Cleaner. They couldn't detect any infections.

Because of this virus I can't use my internet properly. Every other computer and phone at my home can connect to internet with high speed and not a single problem ever.
Here's the link I get redirected to: Meet local singles!

Please help me get rid of this virus, I'm desperate with only one choice of resetting my computer if it doesn't stop..

A:Malware/Virus constantly slows down and disconnects my internet and redirects to harmful webpages

Hello,

They call me TwinHeadedEagle around here, and I'll be working with you.

Before we start please read and note the following:

At the top of your post, please click on the "Watch thread" button and make sure to check Watch this thread...and receive email notifications. This will send an email to you as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing me to solve your problem faster.
Please do not install any new software during the cleaning process other than the tools I provide for you. This can hinder the cleaning process. Please do not perform System Restore or any other restore.
Instructions I give to you are very simple and made for complete beginner to follow. That's why you need to read through my instructions carefully and completely before executing them.
Please do not run any tools other than the ones I ask you to, when I ask you to. Some of these tools can be very dangerous if used improperly. Also, if you use a tool that I have not requested you use, it can cause false positives, thereby delaying the complete cleaning of your machine.

All tools we use here are completely clean and do not contain any malware. If your antivirus detects them as malicious, please disable your antivirus and then continue.
If during the process you run across anything that is not in my instructions, please stop and ask. If any tool is running too much time (few hours), please stop and inform me.
I visit forum several times at day, making sure to respond to everyone's topic as fast as possible. But bear in mind that I have private life like everyone and I cannot be here 24/7. So please be patient with me. Also, some infections require less, and some more time to be removed completely, so bear this in mind and be patient.
Please stay with me until the end of all steps and procedures and I declare your system clean. Just because there is a lack of symptoms does not indicate a clean machine. If you solved your problem yourself, set aside two minutes to let me know.

Please attach all report using button below. Doing this, you make it easier for me to analyze and fix your problem.

Do not ask for help for your business PC. Companies are making revenue via computers, so it is good thing to pay for the repair.
If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.

Rules and policies

We won't support any piracy.
That being told, if any evidence of illegal OS, software, cracks/keygens or any other will be revealed, any further assistance will be suspended. If you are aware that there is this kind of stuff on your machine, remove it before proceeding!
The same applies to any use of P2P software: uTorrent, BitTorrent, Vuze, Kazaa, Ares... We don't provide any help for P2P, except for their removal. All P2P software has to be uninstalled or at least fully disabled before proceeding!

Failure to follow these guidelines will result with closing your topic and withdrawning any assistance.

Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/malware-virus-constantly-slows-down-and-disconnects-my-internet-and-redirects-to-harmful-webpages.54447/
Relevancy 54.61%

Mine is Dell Inspiron Os Windows Ultimate x My laptop wifi works fine for some period of time but suddenly the current wireless connection gets disconnected and no wireless networks appear in the list The network connection icon in taskbar changes to no network connection small monitor with yellow exclamation icon The wireless adapter is still enabled only Well i found a way to bring back the connection and to show the available wireless networks by disabling and enabling the dell wireless adapter under quot change adapter settings quot in abruptly network adapter, wireless Problem disconnects with wireless Network and sharing center But this problem keeps repeating at Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly unpredictable intervals and i have Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly to disable and enable the wireless adapter everytime Please help me with Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly a solution I have already tried the following Re-installing updating wireless network drivers Re-installing entire OS with full format of all hard drives Disabled unchecked quot allow computer to turn off this device to save power quot option under power management tab of dell wireless adapter properties Changed the power saving options for wireless adapter to quot maximise perfomance quot for both on battery and plugged in modes Having tried all these still no luck the problem persists I borrowed a digisol wireless USB adapter from my friend this works fine all the time with no issues I have no idea why mine is not working properly please do help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383002-problem-wireless-adapter-wireless-network-disconnects-abruptly.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I need some help stopping the disconnecting Its very anoying As the title states my PC is disconnecting from the BT Home Wireless Hub It doesn t do this all the time and from what I can gather it only disconnects when downloading uploading some amounts of data Specifically Playing MMO s EVE-Online Tibia Star Sonata WoW and Downloads Network Adapter Zoom Wireless-G Zoom Disconnects from USB Home Wireless BT 4110 Wireless-G Hub USB adapter I have the latest drivers for this device and the hub is working fine The usb adapter is on a M Belkin USB Extension cable The Hub is on the other side of the house and on the second floor The understanding I have is that it disconnects due to low signal strength but I have a strength of - most of the time lowest being Link Quality always sits between - Example When I load EVE-Online Client the client gets the status of the server cluster online number of players or offline etc This is when it starts to Zoom Wireless-G USB 4110 Disconnects from BT Home Wireless Hub disconnect The connection just drops no matter what the link quality or signal strength This happens constantly every minutes Tedious solution for the random disconnection when the ZoneAlarm Icon my firewall stops showing the data traffic of the connection click Apply on the Zoom Wireless-G application It looks like this refreshes the connection Parts of the setup for my PC that I cannot change Location of the PC and BT Home Hub Hub is directly connected into the business computer and laptop dock PC is in my room Having the usb adapter connected directly into the computer i cannot get a signal to the hub on any port due to the amount of objects between them My PC Specs Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name MSI Gamila Giovani Neon Series Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale-G i GE System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GS MB Monitor HP V quot CRT CNN ZN Multimedia Audio Adapter Intel DB ICH - AC Audio Controller B- Storage IDE Controller Intel R DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller - CB Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive WDC WD JB- REA GB IDE Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B x x DVD-ROM Optical Drive HP DVD Writer c DVD x x x CD x x x DVD RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard HID Keyboard Device Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Network Network Adapter Hamachi Network Interface Network Adapter Zoom Wireless-G USB adapter Modem SoftV Data Fax Modem Hope someone can help with this very anoying problem Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zoom-wireless-g-usb-4110-disconnects-from-bt-home-wireless-hub.801802/
Relevancy 50.74%

I want to keep both my wireless and LAN working and control my routing using advance option of meric. I want to use my LAN for my local devices and use wireless for internet.

My problem is that as soon as I enable my LAN connection, my wireless gets disconnected.

I would appreciate if you gurus can help me fix this.

Thanks a bunch,

Karpadium

A:Wireless disconnects when on LAN

This is how Windows 7 works, by default "at least for me" it will choose the LAN connection over the wireless when ever it's available. Or I should say it will choose the faster connection or the one with the lowest metric value which is usually the LAN connection but can also be the wireless connection.

I think you meant to say advanced option of changing the metric, the link below may help you to change the metric so you can change this behavior.

Blog Rat: Forcing Windows 7 to use wired when available

Here is what Microsoft says about using the Metric.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299540

This link has some solutions that might also help.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2-34f05b47a06c

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/230113-wireless-disconnects-when-lan.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey I have a really strange problem with my network I have a WRT G v with DD-WRT firmware I have had all sorts of firmwares such as the stock one thibor c and sveasoft The wired portion of the network is flawless but the wireless one is really out of wack and I don t know if it is the router itself kicking the wireless computer off configuration settings in the router or the wireless usb D-link DWL g It kicks the computer off for long periods of time then randomly connects for a couple hours Disconnects Wireless Then it tries to connects connects and diconnects immediately after until I stop using the wireless for a couple hours I Wireless Disconnects don t know what to do or where to start I generally can figure stuff like this out but i feel helpless I replaced the wireless usb with a brand new one of the same type and the problem still persists Help nbsp

A:Wireless Disconnects

Could be something wrong with the Router itself? How old is it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-disconnects.71373/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi. I am having frequent disconnects from my Belkin G plus MIMO router. they occur at random times, sometimes more frequent then others. When plugged directly in, there are no problems, however when plugged into the router or wirelessly connected, disconnects range from every few seconds to every 5-8 minutes. There seems to be no pattern to disconnects. Our previous routers, a D-link and a linksys also had the same problems. I have tested this with multiple computers, a Gateway, a Sony, a Dell, and an Alienware, all with similar results.

A:Wireless Disconnects

Have you thoroughly investigated the possibility of wireless interference? Used NetStumbler or something similar as a tool?

Do you live close enough to another living unit that there may be a 2.4Ghz cordless phone that you don't know about?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-disconnects.719720/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a desktop in the basement of my house and we use a wireless internet connection. It worked fine forever, but then one night the power went out and now it disconnects all the time. I have no idea about computers what so ever. I know we have a modem that connects to a router and then theres little thing by the computer with 2 lights on it and when the lights go out the internet shuts off, it says d-link on that thing. And the computer is a dell. But I have no clue where to begin so if someone could give me some advice in like baby computer talk that'd be greatly appriciated

Relevancy 50.31%

So I figured I d jump on here instead of making another new thread-condense what do you tech s call it-aggregate some information I have been with AT amp T Uverse at the current place I m living for almost a month The connection has been satisfactory for wireless with disconnects Having issue same the first three weeks but this last week my PC s connection has gone diggin through the Earth cause it sure as hell can t penetrate clearly I personally have three devices and the two roommates have their own and they have not mentioned any issues with theirs-if they ve even noticed My Devices PC - OMG FML KMN Mainly cause I want my EVE crack PS Having same issue with wireless disconnects - No Problems Tablet - No Problems Speeds have been testing in ranges from kbps to mbps over five samplings this morning while the tablet s been testing standard speeds consistently During Xirrus quot Ping quot testing Yes I Googled Having same issue with wireless disconnects the hell out of and troubleshot this irritation for now almost two days first my PC s connection died and was unable to locate my connection for at least seconds This had happened several times yesterday as well with the following instances The usual items I have running EVE Online x clients I lost a thorax Having same issue with wireless disconnects cause of it Five peripheral programs Mumble Pidgeon Pyfa EVEHQ Garpa At least five tabs open on Chrome Misc software In the past few days my PC s connection has been highly intermittent-and that s at best First I thought it has something to do with my video drivers which I updated to no effect Then I thought it might have something to do with some of the software I use for EVE Online which had me trying variations of running programs to still no useful effect I ve also switched from the internal wireless device to a NetGear Dual Band adapter but unfortunately it still produces the same results This put me at a loss If my other devices are staying connected but two independent network devices produced the same failing result on the same PC wth maaaan Software Hardware Signal Clarity IDK Let me know if you would like me to force it to spike and collapse for the signal history The computer s about years old now nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hey, I have a bit of a problem with my wireless connection on my desktop computer. I use a USB Wireless connection to connect to my router. I get full bars when I'm connected but throughout the day I will get randomly disconnected for 5 or 6 seconds the re-connect. This does not happen to my laptop, or my roommates laptop. I've used two different USB wireless connections now, a Belkin and a dlink. Anyone know why this happens?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constant-disconnects-with-wireless-n.873540/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello up until now my internet connection has been fine using a wireless USB adapter to connect to my BT Home Hub router that is downstairs in my house A friend wanted me to download a game i had trouble disconnects Random wireless connecting to the game and one of the possible fixes of this was widely supported as Random wireless disconnects quot a working fix quot which involved these steps open up windows search bar search for services msc then press enter In the list of services scroll down to quot UPnP Device Random wireless disconnects Host quot click it and press quot Random wireless disconnects Stop service quot Now do the same thing but with the service quot SSDP Discovery quot Exit the window and go to control panel- gt Network and Internet- gt Network and Sharing Centre- gt Change advanced sharing settings to the left - gt Under quot network discovery quot select to turn off network discovery SAVE CHANGE In hindsight i should not of been messing around with internet settings but whats done is done doing these steps did nothing for me so i reverted them re-enabled SSDP Discovery for me UPnP Device Host was already stopped as a service so i did not have to do that step only now after reverting these steps im getting random disconnection issues from my connection to my router every few minutes im thinking that when changing SSDP Discovery back from stopped to started it did not enable disable everything that i did originally when i stopped it any thoughts note it has not caused me to not be able to reconnect to my internet they are just random few second disconnects it reconnects itself a few seconds after the disconnect and carries on working perfectly fine until the next disconnect which is usually less than a few minutes later nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-wireless-disconnects.1127118/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all,
running xp, my cell modem (vz broadband) works fine until I connect to a wireless printer or another wireless network via internal wireless card. When connected to both it constantly disconnects the dial up connection about every 4 to 6 minutes.could this have something to do with ppp echo packets? Can i turn off those packets and how?
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-disconnects-dial-up.804623/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I put Windows Pro bit on my computer about weeks ago and I'm using a Belkin wireless USB adaptor to connect to the Internet I am connecting via Windows and NOT a rd party utility Some days the wireless connection is solid but the majority of the time the wireless Internet Wireless Disconnects drops and I have to reconnect it to the network This can happen once or several times during the day and it's pretty annoying especially when playing games The router is in the next room and the signal strength is full When using this adaptor on XP Pro with the Belkin utility I never had any wireless drops and the connection was solid all the time I've tried -Updating the USB adaptor drivers but they're already up to date -Setting the WLAN AutoConfig startup type to Manual and starting the service myself but the disconnects still happen -Switching power management off on the adaptor disconnects still happen Just wondering if there are any other suggestions in order to stop the wireless disconnecting Can't really run a cable but I am considering formatting back to XP which I don't really want to do Thanks

A:Wireless Internet Disconnects

You might want to go into your router settings and change to a different wifi channel. Windows 7 seems to be more sensitive to channel cross over problems than XP was.

You can also use this Wi-Fi scanner to look for unused channels in your area.
inSSIDer Wi-Fi Scanner | MetaGeek

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/96006-wireless-internet-disconnects.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello, I have a probmelem with my wifi connection.All other devices are working fine (phones, etc), but my G50-70 can suddenly disconnect from network and then not able to see it again for a few minutes. I have Win10 x64 and Intel Dua-Band Wireless AC 3160.Latest drivers (2016-01-05), v. 18.33.0.1, from Windows Update. Wireless icon in windows always shows full connection.I've tried to install Acrylic Wi-Fi Home monitor and it shows at least 2 bars and -60 RSSI. Also, so far Wi-Fi is analyser is running I don't have any disconnects (so it keeps smth running?). Any ideas?Thx!

A:G50-70 Wireless disconnects all the time

HI ZxFox , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Initially try to maximize the power utilization of the WLAN card, 
Go to device manager and oprn network adapters as this would show the WLAN card. 
Right click for properties and from Power management tab , uncheck box for "allow device to save power" .
Go to advance tan and place any roaming aggressiveness / tendency to highest .

Update us how it goes.

Regards 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-70-Wireless-disconnects-all-the-time/td-p/3332400
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a D-Link model DIR-625, and it always seems to disconnect when my mother logs on her computer. Is there some kind of setting on her computer that could be disconnecting us? When my dad is on his I never disconnect which is why I am wondering it must be something on her computer that's interfering with the signal or something. If I reset the router while she's still on, It will disconnect again within a few minutes. So where can I check if it could be her computer that's interfering with the signal?

A:wireless router disconnects when...

can we see an ipconfig /all from your PC and from your mothers - make sure we know which is which
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-disconnects-when.1048636/
Relevancy 50.31%

I recently got a new router for my wireless network. Shortly after installing it, I'd notice that it would constantly disconnect in small spurts and then reconnect. Any idea what might be causing this?

Relevancy 50.31%

I m on an HP Pavilion laptop and access the internet using a Linksys wireless router Once a day the connection disconnects for about minutes or until I reboot my router Also using the same router at a friend s home a three-floor house I m able to connect Wireless connection disconnects to the router from the ground floor but it disconnects regularly My friend who s on a Dell Inspiron never gets isconnected I ve provided my HiJack this log in case there s anything apparent that can be seen Also if there are any ther problems with my og I d appreciate having them pointed out to me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft Wireless connection disconnects AVGFRE avgamsvr exe Wireless connection disconnects C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System Fast exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system ssoftsrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Tablet exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS NCLAUNCH EXe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS system WTablet TabUserW exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME ERA LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hp com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Tweak UI RUNDLL EXE TWEAKUI CPL TweakMeUp O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe tray O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run BootSkin Startup Jobs quot C PROGRA Stardock WINCUS BootSkin BootSkin exe quot StartupJobs O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run NCLaunch C WINDOWS NCLAUNCH EXe O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Global Startup TabUserW exe lnk C WINDOWS system WTablet TabUserW exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - ... Read more

A:Wireless connection disconnects

I do not see anything that sticks out from the HiJackThis log.

I see this problem often. There seems to be many causes for this. I know that often Linksys routers will overheat--my advice is to make sure it isn't on top of your modem or anything that might provide excess heat.

Further, I would be most interested in the wireless network card. Have you made sure you have updates for it?

Also, have you tried running something like an streaming-audio player (i.e., iTunes) on some internet radio show to see if it keeps the connection active. Another idea would (if you have a Wireless G [WRT54G] router) be to turn on the logging feature to see when the connection drops and why.

Most likely, it will be something with the network card. But, there are other settings on those Linksys routers (like Beacon Interval) that can be modified to get it to work...

HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-disconnects.394392/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have windows vista home premium 32 bit edition and wireless router. Roughly 2-3 times per day the internet connection will stop working and i have to restart the pc after which it works fine again.

I have 2 other laptops and a wireless skype phone connected to the same wireless router and they remain connected throughout so it appears not to be an issue with the router. Windows says there is an error which it cannot repair. I have tried every diagnostic and repair in the network and sharing center - also disabling and re-enabling the wireless connection, manually switching the wireless card on and off, manually restarting the router.

Nothing seems to work apart from restarting the laptop after which it works fine until the next time. There doesn't appear to be any correlation between what im doing at the time and when the connection breaks either.

any help much appreciated

A:vista disconnects from wireless

I have a newer HP Laptop running Vista and have the same exact problem. Tried fixing router. Problem is definitely not with router. My sister is running a Apple and has no problem. I called HP tech support and they weren't able to help. Updated all drivers and firmware. Also called router tech support but they couldn't help either ( didn't think they could but thought it was worth a shot).

I would love the answer to this question.

Thanks!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/126226-vista-disconnects-wireless.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all.

Newbie here I have a Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Omega Wireless Gaming Headset. When I play CS GO or use the net in general using my speakers = all good, stable connection to the net. When I use the Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Omega Wireless Gaming Headset, I get drop outs. Initially it dc's my net as soon as I turn them on, then it drops me out intermittently. I just received a 7 day ban from CS because I left the game an couldn't connect in time. I am guessing it may be interfering with my wireless connection when it is searching for a signal? Would be most grateful for your help.

IOS 7
Wireless modem (Belkin248)

Nox

A:Wireless Headset disconnects net?

It sounds as though the headset is using the same wireless frequency and channel as your internet connection.
You need to change one of them.
Get hold of inSSIDer which should show what is being used most heavily around you so you can choose some other settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-headset-disconnects-net.1150245/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I've posted a few times in the past few days because it seems as though my PC is deteriorating before my eyes I had a problem a while back where the only way I could connect to my router was to manually reset the router the wireless adapter recognized the network but would give errors Few...Somethings Wireless Disconnects Every in Wireless Disconnects Every Few...Somethings connecting until I did the reset After a while that went away - I don't know how it just stopped Now I have a new problem Every few minutes or seconds while connected my connection will just drop It will still quot say quot that the computer is connected with internet access and five bars signal but I won't be able to open any web pages and I get disconnected from teamspeak IMs and my latency in online games will go through the roof as in ms Also for whatever reason over the past week my network connections went from Wireless Network Connection --- gt Wireless Network connection and the microsoft miniport became wireless network connection I have an ASUS n wireless LAN card which is known in device manager as quot ASUS n Wireless LAN Card quot whereas it used to just be quot ASUS n Wireless LAN Card quot What should I do Edit Also I can't rename the connection it gives me an error saying that a connection with that name already exists When trying to just revert it back to quot Wireless Network Connection quot

A:Wireless Disconnects Every Few...Somethings

Quote: Originally Posted by Pythene

Hi,

I've posted a few times in the past few days because it seems as though my PC is deteriorating before my eyes.

I had a problem a while back where the only way I could connect to my router was to manually reset the router (the wireless adapter recognized the network, but would give errors in connecting until I did the reset). After a while, that went away - I don't know how, it just stopped. Now I have a new problem. Every few minutes or seconds while connected my connection will just drop. It will still "say" that the computer is connected with internet access, and five bars signal, but I won't be able to open any web pages, and I get disconnected from teamspeak/IMs, and my latency in online games will go through the roof (as in, 6000+ ms). Also, for whatever reason over the past week my network connections went from:

Wireless Network Connection ---> Wireless Network connection 10

and

the microsoft miniport became wireless network connection 11
I have an ASUS 802.11n wireless LAN card, which is known in device manager as "ASUS 802.11n Wireless LAN Card #2", whereas it used to just be "ASUS 802.11n Wireless LAN Card".

What should I do?

Edit: Also, I can't rename the connection, it gives me an error saying that a connection with that name already exists (When trying to just revert it back to "Wireless Network Connection")

If you have more than one driver installed (you have 10-11) all sorts of borkedness occurs.

Please open device manger>wifi>properties and check how many are listed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/192751-wireless-disconnects-every-few-somethings.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Okay, i have solved my previous problem but now i have another problem. My wireless network disconnects after 5 - 10 seconds when i am connected to access point. Even sometimes after i try to connect to it, wireless network just disconnects straight away. I have Windows XP Home Edition.

A:Wireless Disconnects Every 5 - 10 Seconds

You need to post details about the network, specifically the exact make and model of the router to start.
I'd also like to see this.
Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework. For machines with no Internet connection, download this NET Framework 3.5 Full Package on another machine and transfer it with removable media to the problem machine.
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-disconnects-every-5-10-seconds.949119/
Relevancy 50.31%

The title says it all .
Any ideas what would cause this .
Its very annoying .
Also when my wireless is connected it causes problems with the audio .
Help please

A:Wireless disconnects for no reason .

Hi wayne123,

I would reccommend re-installing or updating your wireless card's driver, as a first step.

You can do this through the Device Manager.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/277483-wireless-disconnects-no-reason.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have set up a small wireless network, with two notebooks using wireless dongles. It all works well, but even though I have set the notebooks to connect to the preferred network automatically, every time they restart I have to manually connect and type in the WEP key. This is a big hassle - Why won't they connect to the detected network?

Relevancy 50.31%

I have recently upgraded from XP for Win7. In my househouse we have 1 wired computer and several wired devices along with several wireless devices and 2 wireless computers. The issue seems to be that when the two wireless computers are accessing the network at the same time, they both will disconnect constantly and share a slow speed.

The touchpad (wireless pc 1) was working fine before and I was able to access the internet fine before on my desktop (wireless pc 2) when running XP. Since upgrading there seems to be some issue whereas the computers are recognizing each other on the network and causing some type of network flaw. Im completely at a loss as to what is causing this and have investigated the issue at lengths using google searches - this is my first forum post and any help would be much appreciated.

A:Wireless disconnects frequently...

Have you tried changing the wireless channel to one that isn't being used by your neighbors?
Windows 7 wireless networks are more picky about over crowded channels than XP and will disconnect if the channel is overloaded. You can change the wireless channel in your routers set up page. You should also change to WPA-2 with AES encryption if you aren't doing that already.

In general, channels 1, 6 and 11 are the best channels to use.

The Xirrus wifi inspector software will help you figure out which channels are the least crowded in your area.
Wi-Fi Inspector | Xirrus

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/222105-wireless-disconnects-frequently.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey everyone I m running Frontier internet not of my own choice and everything was working decently for several months until the past few weeks Disconnects Wireless Random My Random Wireless Disconnects internet keeps disconnecting for absolutely no reason from Random Wireless Disconnects anywhere from seconds to several minutes Here recently it s been getting worse and has led me to post this I disconnect every five or so minutes usually for Random Wireless Disconnects - seconds which makes any sort of gaming impossible and i can tell that it never stops because sometimes if i watch a stream it will stop for a while and then come back picking up wherever it happens to be when my connection picks back up The strange thing is that with the short disconnects which is almost always what i get with the exception of a few times tonight my computer says that i m still connected to the internet with a very good connection It still shows that it is connected to the internet but i literally can do nothing until it picks back up My internet just hiccups or something I m using a linksys WRT G Version router I really cannot figure out anything and it s been so frustrating because anytime i need or want to do something involving the internet it is a nightmare to work with I d really appreciate any help that can be put forth Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I have Vista home premium on my desktop PC and connect to a D-Link DSL-G604T modem router using a Linksys wireless-g PCI adapter. Some of the time, the PC will connect to the network but if it does, it usually drops out after 5 minutes and then I can't connect again. I get many different error messages each time:

Your modem or router is not available
Cannot communicate with DNS server (10.1.1.1)
There might be a problem with one or more network adapters on this computer
Windows has confirmed that this computer is currently experiencing a network connectivity problem
Connection Interupted
There has been an IP address conflict

My laptop can connect to to the modem fine and doesn't drop out when connected and there connection strength is very good from my desktop when it is connected.

Thanks in advance,
Kieren

A:Wireless connection on desktop PC always disconnects

Hello kieren1992,

Welcome to Vista Forums.

I would suggest you re-install the driver for your wireless adapter.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/277902-wireless-connection-desktop-pc-always-disconnects.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Basically,

I launch a game (HoN, Dungeon Defenders, Team Fortress 2, CSS, LoL, Whatever.) and my internet sputters out, disconnects and my wireless cannot 'discover' any networks.

I have tried:
Speedtest.net (Check connection)​Pingtest.net (Check Packet Loss and Jitter)​ping google.com -t (Nothing but normal, for an hour)​Reinstall/Update video drivers​Switching Wireless card to new PCI-E slot​Resetting router​Switching off router for 25 mins​Disabling IPv6​and; Removing my wireless network and making a new profile​
I am at my wit's end and ready to give up all together, everywhere I went I found dead end threads, nobody replied and/or nobody could solve the problem.

ANY help is appreciated and if you solve my problem you WILL be my saviour.
I can and will provide every bit of information you need, so long as it relates to my problem and is useful in helping fix it.

Regards,
Arrisar

Relevancy 49.45%

when I boot system wireless connects to my network.
when I open IE or FF, wireless disconnects and may connect to an unsecured local net. signal isn't strong enough to use.

If I try to reconnect, my network does not show in the list of available networks.
If I close the browser, I can then reconnect.

XP system Cisco/linksys adapter, with or without linksys manager.
2 other computers (Vista & W7) have no problems with network.

please solve.

thx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-wireless-disconnects-on-browser-open-473311.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello. I actually have four computers that all seem to have gotten something last week. I'm going to start with this computer first. Sometime last week it started acting sluggish. While on the internet, many pages would take quite a long time to load. Now my it will not connect to my wireless router. When it does connect it may stay connected for a minute at most then it disconnects. It shows the network but it will not connect or repair the connection. If you try to repair the connection, it says to make sure you are in range and to check the settings to make sure they match. I have done all of that. It also appears that my hard drive is working a little hard.

This is a Laptop running Windows 7 Home Premier.

A:Computer is sluggish and wireless disconnects

Lets try to eliminate the router, please power cycle it by unplugging it and leaving it unplugged for about 30 seconds plug it back in.

Please make sure all networking devices that connect to it are off.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415331/computer-is-sluggish-and-wireless-disconnects/
Relevancy 49.45%

I m using Ubuntu on a Acer Aspire - Laptop with a Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter This is a dual boot with Windows amp I have no problems staying connected with Win but every time I boot into Ubuntu I loose the wireless connection after minutes or so The time varies on how long it stays connected but once it disconnects the only minutes after Ubuntu wireless about 15 9.10 disconnects way to reconnect is to reboot amp then it auto connects amp goes thru the cycle again If I connect via Ethernet I have no problem but this is a laptop so it would be nice to be able to use the wireless connection without having to keep on rebooting all the time Needless to say I don t use Ubuntu very often for that reason I ve read Ubuntu 9.10 wireless disconnects after about 15 minutes on other forums even the official Ubuntu 9.10 wireless disconnects after about 15 minutes Ubuntu forum of others having the same problem but I have not found a solution Anyone have any ideas on what is causing this to happen nbsp

A:Ubuntu 9.10 wireless disconnects after about 15 minutes

Your best form of aid is going to be the ubuntuforum.

From a quick check; http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1226678

I would suggest following the instructions in post 2 of this thread; it seemed to work for others.

Your wireless card is known for being problematic with Linux installs. It's probably not the news you want to hear, but maybe a good search on those forums will help you on this occasion.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ubuntu-9-10-wireless-disconnects-after-about-15-minutes.157704/