Windows Support Forum

Free wifi in my apy will connect but won't connect w/ internet

Q: Free wifi in my apy will connect but won't connect w/ internet

I have a free wifi connection provided by my property management it is unsecured and password free I've been connecting to it with no problems on my laptop running vista for weeks. I bought a tenda 11n wireless usb device so I could get my desktop connected to it also, I set up and installed the card I connect to the wireless network like it was nothing but it will not connect to the internet please try and help me out thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Free wifi in my apy will connect but won't connect w/ internet

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Free wifi in my apy will connect but won't connect w/ internet

Imagine that. On another board, it was a neighbor, and I closed that because you are violating the terms of service for the ISP. Now you're here, and suddenly it's a new story.

In any case, I'm closing this one too, since I really doubt the second story!

You may want to read the TSG Rules, we don't assist in illegal activities here either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-wifi-in-my-apy-will-connect-but-wont-connect-w-internet.883995/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi,

I am not able to connect internet via wifi (although I can connect to the router). I am able to connect to internet via plunging the cable.

I see that yellow triangle with "!" mark in the internet connection.

Please help!!

Shailesh Jajotar

Relevancy 86.86%

No looking for a fix, just an explanation.
A person came into work (car dealership), and wanted to use our free wifi. They asked me to look at it because our IT guy was out sick. We have various SSID's (some that require passwords and some that don't). Her laptop said it was connected to the network but didn't have internet access. Her laptop was also showing an exclamation mark next to every free wifi SSID. She wanted to send out work emails while she was waiting for her car.

I'm thinking it's a work laptop and her company has it real secure so you can't use free wifi (or at least it wants you to use a password). Any thoughts?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/386895-cant-connect-free-wifi-no-password.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I am looking for a solution to connect for free to wifi networks while travelling, what can I use?

Relevancy 83.85%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm running 8.1. In some hotels I access their wifi and the icon says connected, but its not. No splash screen or anything. Other hotels and places I connect without any trouble when the icon says connected. What can I do? I deleted previous connections
that I will not use again.

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c54b3d8-8db7-4c83-8310-26720ff69f46/unable-to-connect-in-some-hotels-even-though-the-wifi-icon-says-connected-but-can-connect-fine-in?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 80.84%

This is the idea, I have DVR for CCTV and I need to configure it for port forwarding, and since it has only LAN connection it is not possible to connect in pocket wifi, so i used to have a wireless router since it has a LAN connection. But I do not know how to do this connection as the wireless router to be a bridge in my pocket wifi to DVR, Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

A:How to connect pocket wifi to wireless router, to connect the dvr for cctv?

I'm not at all sure I understand. Are you trying to use the wireless router as a Wireless Bridge (to connect to the pocket wifi via wireless and the DVR via ethernet)? If so, does the router have wireless bridge (or AP Client) mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-pocket-wifi-to-wireless-router-to-connect-the-dvr-for-cctv.1140640/
Relevancy 80.84%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 79.98%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 79.55%

Im having trouble connecting to IE via my wifi internet, Im running IE8, and win xp pro.

Sometime ago I switched over to cable wifi and really have nothing but trouble.

Funny thing is Im able to get the internet through Safe Mode, so why can't I get it normally.

thanks.

A:can't connect to internet via wifi

Would anyone like to have a go at this.I can only use internet via safe mode, IE and firefox won't connect normally.I have ran all the scans that I have such as Norman and malwarebytes and I'm all clear.My os is win xp pro s3 IE8.its getting to the stage where I'm about to chuck the puter into the sea.thankseddie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522275/cant-connect-to-internet-via-wifi/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi I can only get local only on my desktop at the moment I have been browsing forums trying to fix it for the last few hours and can t seem to get anywhere I am running Windows Vista Home Basic I have disabled IPv tried setting static IP etc but so far not getting any results The adapter is an abit AirPace The connection works with an ethernet cable If anyone can gie me any help please let me know The relevant results to Can't wifi internet via connect of ipconfig are here primary test with DHCP and secondary without Can't connect to internet via wifi Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name James-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description abit AirPace Wi-Fi Wireless Network Adapt er Physical Address - -AF- A-C -DE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS Can't connect to internet via wifi over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix cable virginmedia net Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - - -C - A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name James-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description abit AirPace Wi-Fi Wireless Network Adapt er Physical Address - -AF- A-C -DE DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix cable virginmedia net Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - - -C - A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 79.55%

Ever since something happened I keep on getting this error and I can't log in to any online services please help me. Thanks in advance.
I'm currently using windows 8.1 and it keeps saying " Exception ESocketError in module ISHelper.exe at 000F14DB"

Relevancy 79.55%

Anybody there can help me out? I cant connect to the internet through wifi at home but i can connect it through a cable at home and wifi in my school. What is wrong and what should i do?

A:Cannot Connect Internet Through Wifi

Quote: Originally Posted by Charlot

Anybody there can help me out? I cant connect to the internet through wifi at home but i can connect it through a cable at home and wifi in my school. What is wrong and what should i do?

start by telling us your computer specs, and network setup
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/122270-cannot-connect-internet-through-wifi.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I can connect to the internet when I am using my aircard but when I connect to wifi through the VZ access I can not get on the internet. "It is saying I am connected to WiFi". a box shows up asking me about dialing 777#. It worked a couple of days ago so i am sure I did something to a setting with out knowing.

Relevancy 79.55%

So basically my HP will connect to WiFi and I'm able to access my browser and all but when I try to use something like the app store for example it displays an error message saying something along the lines that I cannot connect. I'm afraid I'm missing out on automatic updates because of this. There's also the limited access icon near my connection.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-connect-to-WIFI-but-not-internet/td-p/5837887
Relevancy 79.55%

I can't connect to the Internet when I am on WiFi. What can I do?

Bill

A:Can't Connect to the Internet using WiFi

Hey, If your computer has problems connecting to a wireless network, issues with speed or dropped connections then try this simple walk through here:  Help with wireless troubleshooting. -wes

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-Connect-to-the-Internet-using-WiFi/td-p/5698130
Relevancy 79.55%

my home network is windows xp but my laptop is windows vista i use to connect to my home network using my wifi but i can't on my laptop when i use my laptop i got to connect using the ethernet cable to connect to the internet i would like to use my wifi instead of the cord can anybody help me out also when i try to connect using wifi it's says i am connected but can't connect to the internet

i have includes system specs in ipconfig /all results as attachments

A:wifi won't connect to internet

If you go to Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center, and look at the Network connection diagram, is Internet X'ed out? If so, just click on the Internet. Does that work. (I'm sorry I can't be more specific but, for some reason, I can't get there right now to be more precise. I think I need to reboot.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/300380-wifi-wont-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello,

I am having issues connecting to internet through wifi. Tried all the options that were suggested on various sites but nothing seems to work. The wifi signal is excellent, pings gateway but when I open the browser it says page cannot be found, normally it use to goto the gateway page and after giving username and pwd I could access internet.

Internet works perfectly on my other laptop with exactly similar settings.

Please help.

Thanks,
Shoab

A:Cannot connect to Internet using WIFI

Hello and welcome.

Click on Start, in the search type CMD click enter. When command prompt turns up type in Ping www.google.com click Enter, then copy and paste the results back here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cannot-connect-to-internet-using-wifi-477070.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I can connect to my home router through ethernet with my laptop, and I can connect wirelessly to it with other computers.

My laptop can also connect wirelessly to routers other than the home router. For some reason I'm having issues connecting wirelessly specifically with this laptop through this specific router. I need help troubleshooting. Diagnose and repair said there may be a problem with the DNS configuration.

I can't ping IP addresses either even the internet connection icon on the bottom right of the screen indicates that its connected to both my LAN and internet.

I can't connect to the NAS, so the LAN isn't working either.

Sorry, the title wasn't well thought out. I would have edited it if it was an option.

A:Internet won't connect to WiFi

Hello, lets do some cleaning up and see if that helps you out .
How to Flush DNS in Windows Using the Command Prompt

Step 1 ? Close all open web browsers and applications on your computer.

Step 2 ? Open the Windows command prompt by selecting the ?Start? menu and entering ?cmd? in the search text field box followed by clicking the ?enter? key.

Step 3 ? At the command prompt, enter ?ipconfig /flushdns? followed by pressing the ?enter? key. After a moment, Windows will display a message similar to: ?Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.? Once the message is displayed, the DNS will be flushed removing all incorrect entries.

Then , we want to get the IP reset, so, lets renew its settings and see if this also helps out :
you will type in the command box : ipconfig /release then enter, then next ipconfig /renew then enter, this will reset the IP , now restart and attempt to have it reconfigure its connections to your router. Post back results please.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/294012-internet-wont-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I cannot connect connect to internet using wifiAfter troubleshooting it is showing "Problem with wireless adapter or access point"I updated my wifi driver and rebooted my system and then i tried again, even then it is not connecting.In driver details it is showing that the driver is working properly.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/CANNOT-CONNECT-TO-INTERNET-USING-WIFI/td-p/5724247
Relevancy 78.69%

I can't connect wirelessly only with cable. I had no problems connecting via WiFi until recently. In "Manage Wireless Networks" it says "Wireless is not currently enabled"
Help please!

A:Can't Connect To The Internet Via WiFi, But Can With Cable

Please post some relevant specs on your computer.
Retail? Homebuild? Desktop? Laptop? Age of computer?
What have you already done to try to fix the problem? That way we don't waste time explaining how to do things you have tried already.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629989/cant-connect-to-the-internet-via-wifi-but-can-with-cable/
Relevancy 78.69%

Laptop got a virus and I used system restore. When the computer came back up, it would not connect to the internet. It is a wireless signal and the computer recognizes the signal is there, but it won't connect. The connection box says "Connections are available". It also says "Not connected" and "Limited access". How can I get this fixed?

A:Wifi signal is there but won't connect to the internet

and welcome to the Forum

What exactly hapens when you try to connect? . .

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-signal-is-there-but-wont-connect-to-the-internet-616647.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi there! I'm not not really techy. I was looking for a customer support number for Tp-link but thought that this forum may be helpful since I can't find their number anywhere on the net. Im using a Tp-link wireless router and I have a modem attached to my pc. I just noticed that if I turn off my router, the Ethernet light on my modem turns off, but the power and dsl lights are still on. Is there a way for me to use my pc even if my router is turned off? If I remember right, i've tried it before and it worked... But now, I have to turn on my router just for me to be able to connect to the net on my pc.

A:Can't connect to the Internet when wifi router is off

Every router user manual I've ever looked at includes a customer support number for the company. Have you looked in the manual?

Im using a Tp-link wireless router and I have a modem attached to my pc.Click to expand...

Could you be very specific about your network, beginning with your type of ISP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-the-internet-when-wifi-router-is-off.1026902/
Relevancy 78.69%

I am using Windows XP Pro with a TRENDnet wireless card in my laptop. I can connect to the wireless AP but then I am unable to connect to the internet with either Netscape or Explorer. Is my wireless card suppose to have its own IP address? I can't find one for it, if so. It use to work but think that adding SP2 may have changed a setting. I've pulled out all my hair by now, so please help!!
John

Relevancy 78.69%

Help.

My laptop will not connect to the internet. It is saying Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. When I click Diagnose Connection Problems it states:

Contact the company that provides you Windows XP Product Support. You can also use another computer to visit online support services on the Microsoft website: http://support.microsoft.com/winxp.

Has anyone had this problem? Can you advise on how to correct? Thanks!

Relevancy 78.69%

Up until yesterday, I could connect my iPhone to the internet via my Win 7 laptop using an ad-hoc network and internet connection sharing. Now I can connect the two with the wifi ad-hoc network, and my internet connection is shared, but the iPhone just can't see the internet connection. I know it's a Win 7 problem because the iphone connects to the net fine using an ad-hoc network and connection sharing when I boot my laptop (MacBook) into OSX (snow leopard).

Both networks (3G internet and wifi ad-hoc) are classed as 'work' networks in Win 7. Can you help ? it's a real pain having to switch to OSX to update my iPhone.....

Things I changed recently - installed Boot Camp 3.1 64bit (am running Win 7 Ultimate 64bit).

Relevancy 78.69%

After latest Microsoft update on 9/25/2016 I can not connect to the internet either wired or WIFI. Says network adapter is working fine.  Uninstalled and reinstalled another driver version in compatability mode but no help.  running the troubleshooter it says can not automatically bind to IP address??  Any thoughts?  Was windows 7 but upgraded to windows 10 about 2 months ago with no issues.  Can't find a windows 10 driver for my network adapter.  I think it's a Broadband 4313.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/I-can-not-connect-to-the-internet-either-wired-or-WIFI-after/td-p/5782565
Relevancy 78.69%

I try to connect to hotspot in friends phone for file transfer from WIFI.
But since my friends data connection is off, and when i try to connect , it shows me "no internet access" and wifi doesnot get connected .
After turning on-off wifi multiple times (around 15-20 times), sometimes it gets connected . But it never gets connected in 1 shot .
Is it compulsory to have internet access to connect to a hotspot?
Is it bug or feature of windows ?
I use lumia 640xl lte with latest windows 10 Anniversary update.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436870-unable-connect-wifi-if-internet-not-available.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Lately i cant connect to the wifi but is says it does connect. My desktop that is connected with a cable to the router still works fine but everytime i get on like my iphone, laptop, and xbox it cant. It dosent get any internet but it says it has wifi im really not sure what to do im not so good with all this stuff so please help my iphone connects to the wifi it has the bars but it dosent whave internet same with the laptop and the xbox it has been like this for 3-4 days now

A:cant connect to the wifi but the internet still works?

The first thing you should try is to reboot your router by powering it off, wait 20-30 seconds, then power it back up. This is especially true if those devices that don't connect now, connected fine in the past.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/293908-cant-connect-wifi-but-internet-still-works.html
Relevancy 78.69%

My dell laptop won't connect to any site or app needing internet (internet explorer, netflix, the app store...) but I'm connected to wifi and the wifi works on all my other devices. Please help!

Relevancy 78.69%

I just dumped Windows 8 and installed a newly purchased copy of Windows 7. The devices show only Bluetooth and nothing else.
I highly suspect the software is missing the required drivers.
I load Linux Ubuntu live disk and have no problems at all. In fact, that's what I am using now.
Any help here would be appreciated.

A:New install... cannot connect to Internet...wifi or lan

jrj350

Welcome to SevenForums . When you go to Device Manager do you see any ? If so right click on the item with the symbol select Properties . Click on the Detail tab on the drop down under property and select Hardware Ids and do a prnt screen and upload the image .

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301759-new-install-cannot-connect-internet-wifi-lan.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello there,
I could not find the exact answer to solve my problem.
My desktop Windows 7 home premium can't connect internet even with the WIFI is on. Please help. Have been trying for last 5 days.
I tried to install Malwarebytes, it deleted 347 files but could not update due no connection. Tried to work from Safe Mode but no luck either.

Badesh

A:Can't connect internet even with wifi on in my desktop

I'm assuming you mean Safe Mode with Networking. My best guess is a software blockage, some program has closed your internet access, or, drivers for the devices that connect to the internet are "disconnected." You might consider removing the ethernet card and the wifi card [if such is in the desktop] from devices within Device Manager and force Windows 7 to rediscover the drivers -- hopefully such are on the hard-drive, just needing to be reIntroduced, reinstalled, reregistered. If you can, from another computer, download Tweaking.com's Windows Repair (All in One), install on problem computer, it just might be able to shake loose the obstruction. Accept defaults, add item #26 & 27, run WR in Safe Mode with Networking.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/374761-cant-connect-internet-even-wifi-my-desktop.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Our internet connection was working fine until one day we cannot connect anymore I tried using the ethernet cable directly from the modem and it was working fine so I thought our Belkin N wireless router was the culprit I decided to buy another one Linksys E but we had the same problem Our laptops and phones can detect connect the wifi connection but cannot access the internet It s really frustrating already http www hp com ph en support-topics network-internet-support cant-connect-internet html I tried following the instructions above but to no avail Here s our IPConfg Windows IP Configuration Host Name sysuser-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR x Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -AF-E -D - DHCP Enabled access internet to connect cannot Can but wifi Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe Can connect to wifi but cannot access internet dd fb d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -FD- D- F- - - C- B-C -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - - C- B-C -C DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I also tried to reset ping the router but it doesn t seem to respond C Users sysuser gt netsh winsock reset The requested operation requires elevation C Users sysuser gt netsh int ip reset Reseting Echo Request failed The requested operation requires elevation Reseting Global failed The requested operation requires elevation Reseting Interface failed The requested operation requires elevation Reseting Unicast Address failed The requested operation requires elevation There s no user specified settings to be reset Any help would be much appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 78.69%

Good afternoon Geeks.

Because Virgin are lame they are making me wait over a monthy to sort my broadband so i need a temporary solution.

I've been looking into Mifi devices as pay as you go/ rolling contracts however most of the devices lack an ethernet port.

My question is can internet me transfered from the mifi device to my pc via a usb/ micro usb cable?

If yes, can i usb-usb my pc to a second pc so they BOTH have internet access.

A quick response would be beneficial.

Kind Regards.

A:Need Wifi Internet Connect Wired To Pc/ 2pc's

Do both PCs have Wi-Fi?

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/need-wifi-internet-connect-wired-to-pc-2pcs.304891/
Relevancy 78.69%

My workstation is running Windows Professional I cannot connect to the internet after using adwcleaner to remove the Ads by Advertise from my browser At that point Chrome presented this message DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN So Wifi or connect the Unable to to Internet I did a Google search for that phrase and tried various recommended actions including various ipconfig commands from the cmd window as an Admin No luck Then followed instructions to change Unable to connect to Wifi or the Internet the TCP IPv DNS settings to use and alt Still no luck Read some threads the that Winsock settings in the registry may be corrupt Referred to a MS too called FixIT Instructions said to use msinfo to check Components gt Network gt Protocol and make sure various Titles were present If not run FixIT FixIT was supposed to delete all entries and then replace the missing ones Didn't work It only deleted And now I get this message when trying to connect and can not longer connect to my Wifi DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET Did more searching and found a list of tools to help repair Winsock issues Ran these three utilities none of which helped Maybe Winsock is not the issue Maybe I used these incorrectly I don't know I am pretty discouraged that I have created a digital Gordian Knot Complete Internet Repair Winsock Fix WinsockReset Finally decided to come here for help Here is the log file from adwCleaner in case it is helpful for troubleshooting AdwCleaner v - Logfile created at Updated by Xplode Database - - Server Operating system Windows Professional Service Pack x Username Chris Zachidny - ASUS Running from C Users Chris Zachidny Downloads AdwCleaner exe Option Clean Support http toolslib net forum Services Folders - Folder Deleted C Program Files x FlvPlayer - Folder Deleted C Users Chris Zachidny AppData Roaming download Manager - Folder Deleted C Users Chris Zachidny AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu FLV Player Files I have a laptop set up next to the troubled workstation and am ready to follow your instructions Happy to compensate or tip for you timely helpful assistance Thank you in advance for your consideration Chris SpaceCowboy -

A:Unable to connect to Wifi or the Internet

Restart your computer.As the computer is starting, continue tapping F8 as before and select Repair your computer option.start the windows 7 recovery-environment and try to run system restore from there.Choose a restore point that is more than 10 days old!How the pc is running now?Please try only one restore point and then post results her

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610689/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-or-the-internet/
Relevancy 78.69%

I just installed WiFi Internet WiFi access to connect no Can but at my house I can connect on my smartphone and by ethernet cable and the Internet works great I can also connect to the WiFi on my laptop but the Internet does not work My homepage will come up but I can t go to any other sites My computer does not have this problem with any other WiFi networks I ve read a lot of old threads on this site about similar problems I can t figure out what s wrong though I m a total dummy when it comes to this stuff Can someone help Based on what I ve read here s some quick info that might be useful HP Pavilion laptop Windows I have Norton Internet Security I also did the ipconfig all command and here are the results I don t know how to interpret them C Users gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name -HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Can connect to WiFi but no Internet access Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C-A - - - C-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C-A - - - C-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link BGN Physical Address C-A - - - C-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d dc a aa f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday March PM Lease Expires Saturday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -F -C - - B-E -A - C-D DNS Servers NetBIOS Can connect to WiFi but no Internet access over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Can connect to WiFi but no Internet access Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F FC AB - D - B - DA-CEBEFC FF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c f e b c e Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f e b c e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap B B -B CD- C-B E - BC BD B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C BD F- B - -BBCC- BBB B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users ... Read more

Relevancy 78.69%
Relevancy 78.69%

I cant connect to any wireless connection. I tried at my house and school and it shows either a red x, yellow triangle, or yellow ball showing connections are available. I can connect through ethernet though. I ran into this problem a few weeks ago but it was fixed after I did a malware scan but I have done many scans and everything clean. I also did ipconfig. Can someone help me?
Thanks

A:Laptop cant connect to the internet using wifi

If malware was involved try running this
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Also, more specific specs on your system would be helpful.
Model number ...stuff like that.

It wouldn't hurt to look for updated driver/software for your wifi device either.
Which I could point you to if I knew what kind of system we were dealing with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/256481-laptop-cant-connect-internet-using-wifi.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Can connect to wifi but no internet connection?

hello! I'm having a connection problem. I'm using a Compaq with windows vista. it will connect to my wireless router at home but has no internet connection. if i hook it up to the ether-net cable it works with no problem. i can take my computer to my sister witch has WiFi and it works with no problem.. i also have another identical computer that i use at home and i have no problem out of it.. its just old and beaten up. and i wanna use my newish laptop.. any help would be appreciated. im not good with computers so if you can walk me through it that would be awesome. my router is supplied by my internet provider.

A:Can connect to wifi but no internet connection?

Go to Start type in CMD locate cmd.exe right click on it then select "Run As Administrator" at the command prompt type in each command the hit enter.

Ipconfig /release
Ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /all

copy and paste the /all contents here.

Also shutdown your system. Unplug your modem and router wait about 3 minutes. Plug them back in what for all lights to stabilise. Power up the machine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/can-connect-to-wifi-but-no-internet-connection-643582.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Downloaded windows 10 about 7 weeks ago. Had no problems what so ever. Everything went smoothly. Then I was online when windows defender popped up about finding malware. When trying to fix this problem.. screen went blue and updates started. From that point on computer says I am connect to internet but the Linksey router said internet connection is lost. But computer in bedroom, cellphone,tablet and a few other devices still work using the wifi. Please help not sure what to do.

A:Windows 10. Had WiFi but now cannot connect to internet

So your computer is still running, thats good. First lets make sure that it was really Windows Defender that says malware detected. Open Windows Defender, go to the History tab, select Quaranteen and click details. It should list the malware that was detected.
Is the computer wired or wireless?
Then, you said Linksys router says connection is lost, do you mean connection between the computer and router? Some routers can show a list of the connected PCs, is that what you are referring to?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-had-wifi-but-now-cannot-connect-to-internet.1157146/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello Sir,
I have Router model 3G/4G TL-MR3420,
I want to use it to share internet through WiFi, I can logon on that router to configure as Wifi name, Password and after that, i restart that Router and i tried to access internet through wifi, after that it's said no internet connection even it's know wifi name available.
Can you share me step by step please to configure it to get internet working through wifi?
I will give you more informations if you need.
Regards,

A:No internet connection when connect through wifi

VeasnaYim,
Welcome to Seven Forums!

First off, check to see if your internet indicator light on your router is on. If it is not, then it is the router that needs to be reconfigured. Otherwise, disconnect and reconnect to the router and see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/321557-no-internet-connection-when-connect-through-wifi.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I have new laptop Acer Aspire ES 11 (ES1-131-C7YE) but WIFI connection limited to internet.Would you please assist me to solved this problem? Thanks.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:WIFI limited connect to internet.

Check my router settings, this is a router issue. WIFI provider in Indonesia (Telkom Speedy) already change the region of TP-LINK from original United States to Indonesia and to cause Acer with Windows 10 limited connect to internet. So, after rechage to original region (United States), problem solving.  Thanks. 

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/WIFI-limited-connect-to-internet/td-p/390147/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 78.69%

My HP Envy m6 laptop cannot connect to our wifi connection and only connects using the cable connection, ethernet. It was still fine when I downloaded windows 8.1 but all of a sudden displays limited/no connectivity. I tried everything I can including resetting tcp ip settings thru command prompt, finding other drivers till someone suggested me to put my laptop back to windows 8. Still didn't fix the problem. Now, my laptop does not access wifi nor detect any wireless connection whether our home wifi, or others. Please do help me. I really need to fix this. I'm a student and I badly need wifi connection since its the only available connection in our school. I am not knowledgable about this issue and it would be really great if someone could help. Thank you so much!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Envy m6 cannot connect/detect wifi but can connect to eth...

Hi, Please try "Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter":    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57538.exe Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Envy-m6-cannot-connect-detect-wifi-but-can-connect-to/td-p/4375364
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello guys,
i'm new here and Im really desperate for your help!
As i stated,when I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden.The really annoying thing though is tha i can connect via my smartphone without any problem.
Do you have any suggestions? Im using Vista if that matters.

A:When I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-try-to-connect-to-my-wifi-it-says-unable-to-connect-because-it-is-hidden.1131695/
Relevancy 78.69%

hi, i have an alienware m15x r2 which i recently upgraded to windows 8 through a clean install. everything works great except for the wireless, and i cannot for the life of me figure out whats run. ive tried about 10 different wifi points on campus and tried wirelessly tethering tommy phone and nothing works. the wireless card is a broadcom aw1397. also when i run ipconfig, it says there is no default gateway for the connection

A:Wifi does not connect, limited connection or cannot connect

Bump plz help

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12320-wifi-does-not-connect-limited-connection-cannot-connect.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi All After much trawling on the net i have finally given in and am seeking direct help When i choose the connection's icon from the task bar to connect to wifi the connection side bar appears for a brief instant and disappears At the moment i can connect to the network in my home since it is default but anywhere else i cant choose a new network Same occurs when i try to display available networks from the network and sharing centre I made a workaround which is very cumbersome for a casual user command prompt and listed and deleted the profiles using the netsh wlan command Network and sharing Setup new connection Connect connect. Wifi disappearing, cant sidebar or network Manually connect to a wireless network typed the credentials of the network checked start this connection automatically box and apply i needed to know the details for this Any answers as to why i cant' see the list of available networks or an easier work around or just see it briefly would be a help Cheers in advance Gerry

A:Wifi Connect sidebar disappearing, cant connect.

Did not find a solution to my problem, so resorted to a 'refresh', which gave me the the full functionality for the sidebar.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47558-wifi-connect-sidebar-disappearing-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello; I have been having a problem with connecting to Wifi signals ever since this RunDLL error message has started popping up when I restart my computer. When I plug in an Ethernet cord I can connect to the internet but I can't connect to Wifi signals. I'm figuring there are some files missing by what these error messages are telling me.

The Messages: (appears in two different windows)

There was a problem starting
c:/Users/SUNFLO~1/AppData/Local/Temp/wrvetx.dll
The Specified module could not be found

There was a problem starting
c:/Users/SUNFLO~1/AppData/Local/Temp/roron.dll
The specified module could not be found

At one point I ran a virus scan; could it be that the files got contaminated and were deleted? If so how do I get these files back? I have a Toshiba lap top, fairly new.

A:RunDLL Error Can't Connect to Internet/Wifi

Files are in TEMP folder of user starting with name SUNFLO. It's a temp file anyway. So you may delete it (as you probably did).

Start REGEDIT and start at the top (click on computer icon). Now search for: wrvetx
also search for: roron

Do you find them... if so where? Post screenshots

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/265649-rundll-error-cant-connect-internet-wifi.html
Relevancy 77.83%

hello Dear
I have some issue about VPN I am live in Pakistan there no work youtube I found UK free VPN
I am try to connect but he cant why WIFI not sport VPN...? I am connect via WIFI dongle that driver is updated
WIFI dongle TP Link tw722N
WIFI router TP Link 300 mbp
I try this VPN in my office there is DSL connect via cable to the PC it's work fin I don't no any one help me

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/38334-cant-connect-vpn-windows-8-1-wifi-internet-connectio.html
Relevancy 77.83%

My pc was slowing down so I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows 7. All went well except one thing internet on wifi doesn't work. The rest of the toys in the house still connect through the router but the laptop does not. If the lan cable is plugged in the internet works. I used this to find the latest drivers for my laptops wifi card. Through the wifi I can enter the router settings but not externally to the internet. I'm thinking its something simple in the security setting Please help.

A:Windows 7 laptop wifi connect but no internet

Did you install ALL drivers including the chipset driver? Open device manager - any yellow or red symbols?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472718/windows-7-laptop-wifi-connect-but-no-internet/
Relevancy 77.83%

DISCLAIMER This is my first post so I apologize Wifi, Connection no Internet Devices to but Connect for any mistakes I make Hello all Yesterday morning upon waking up I discovered that the Wifi in my house was no longer working It had worked fine Devices Connect to Wifi, but no Internet Connection the day before but stopped working completely overnight At first I thought it might have been Charter Communications My ISP throttling the internet due to our bandwidth My Mom watches a TON of Netflix But the internet works fine with our two home desktops It is the same connection but devices such as my iPhone Nexus iPad iPhone etc are unable to get internet access They are able to connect to the wifi and you are able to see the bars but when trying to connect to the internet you get a network error message To try to fix this problem I ran measurmentlab test for throttling my virus scan McAfee and malwarebytes I was unable to see any noticeable change in my problem I am hoping someone might know what I am doing wrong but I haven't been able to find a thread that has helped me out thus far Thanks for reading Nick

A:Devices Connect to Wifi, but no Internet Connection

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Sorry for the late reply, have you resolved this issue? If not, start of with a Power Cycle if you have not done this yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/350192-devices-connect-wifi-but-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello.

I have a problem here. Everytime I connect to my WiFi, it looks like this:

It says "Internet Access", but I can't access any website. What is going on here? The only solution I find this so far is to turn off the Wi-Fi adapter then turn it on again. It makes me tired. Is there any solution available?

Oh yeah, I've tried updating the driver, but it says "Your Adapter is up to date".

Adapter: Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

Thanks.

Regards,
Akip

A:WiFi Connection is Good But Can't Connect to the Internet

Try to troubleshoot it ? In notification area, bottom right, right click the network icon.Click Diagnose in WiFi Status from image you posted. Might need reset adapter. Which browsers any, IE too, see you use Mozilla ? What exactly does it say in browsers ? Try reset browser too.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/58328-wifi-connection-good-but-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 77.83%

i've had a wifi network set up at my house for several months now and no problems if i couldn't connect i always just unplugged the router for seconds and was able to connect well suddenly today i can't connect to the internet but my wifi network appears to be fine it's says i have excellent signal strengh and that i'm connected but i can't connect to the internet when i go to the program that came with the router and hit quot repair quot it says that i AM connected to the network but that my internet connection is broken what UP with that i don't get it can someone please advise on what to do i tried using connected can't to internet..??? connect but network, to wifi another device to see if i could connect with internet my ipod touch and it also said that i was connected to the wifi network yet it could not connect with the internet it never had a popup that said anything it acted like it was trying to connect but just never did i'm puzzled during the day while i was at work my roommate connected to wifi network, but can't connect to internet..??? was going to use the laptop when she couldn't connect she did the unplug for sec thing whent that didn't work she unplugged the two cables from the back of the router and plugged them back in is it possible that she plugged them into the wrong place would that be the problem i am not at home right connected to wifi network, but can't connect to internet..??? now so i can't check but will try to fix this when i get home tomorrow not sure what i need to do signed frustrated

A:connected to wifi network, but can't connect to internet..???

Willing to bet you are using a third party firewall / antivirus application.
Which one is it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/153584-connected-wifi-network-but-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Pavilion g7-2010 running Win7, will connect to router but has a yellow exclamation point.  All other computer in the house connect fine.  Have tried releasing the ip, reinstalling the lan and wifi adaptor drivers, and system recovery.  This is a new computer purchased today.  Please help.

A:Wifi connects but will not connect to internet - pavilion g7...

I understand your new system is having some Internet issues.When it is connected to the wifi, is it obtaining DHCP information from the router? This can be obtained by going to the command prompt and entering ipconfig.You mentioned other PCs work fine. Are any of them also running Windows 7? Has the router's firmware been updated? A router firmware issue can cause some devices not to work properly while others do work fine.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connects-but-will-not-connect-to-internet-pavilion-g7/td-p/2708271
Relevancy 77.83%

So my pavilion g7 windows 10 laptop, connects to the Internet, I can use it momentarily, about an hour or so and then it shuts off, the Internet does. Then it'll sit there for quite a bit (a couple hours) and then turn back on, but it goes on and off and at the same time that my phone and tablet and my mother's windows 7 computer that still uses the internet. No problems.. I have tried almost everything and I am unsure of what to do.. I need help. I have turned off the router and restarted my computer and used cmd as administrator and all of these processess do not work. It's very frustrating.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connects-but-will-not-connect-to-internet-pavilion-g7/td-p/5665574
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi all I m going to phrase this the best way I know and hope I can make my question clear and I will apologize in advance if my terminology is incorrect I am moving from the US to Costa Rica and the place where I will be staying has Wi-Fi I have a laptop and a desktop I want to use while there I know WiFi? desktop Solved: connect internet a to Will on PC the laptop will work but I m not sure about the Solved: Will a desktop PC connect to internet on WiFi? desktop I have a wireless network now but my desktop is hard wired via ethernet to the wireless router I have DSL service now through my ISP My question I guess is do I have to have a land line at my new location to connect my desktop to the internet or is the wireless technology built in and the ethernet cable is superfluous I hooked up everything myself for my home network but just followed directions so I have no clue what everything does I just wondered about the desktop being able to connect to the internet Under Network Adapters in Device Manager I have items n Wireless LAN card Microsoft Virtual Miniport Adapter and a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Sorry for my ignorance and any guidance you can give me is certainly appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD A - APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD D Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION ACF Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Same Connected connect to to router, internet can't wifi wifi network works on my laptop but not my desktop Running the troubleshooter on my desktop Connected to wifi router, can't connect to internet comes up with no errors My ipconfig all is below Thanks in advance Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Mike gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TARDIS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address B -DB-C - B- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - -C -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -DB-C - B- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b b d a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November PM Lease Expires Saturday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EE- F-B -C - - -E - D-F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address C - - -E - D-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B - - B - A D- B A F CA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E B A - BAD- CD-B - FAE AD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cbc b ea Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap BA C C- C - E-B - D D D A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E - A F- - C- FBF D AD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Mike gt

A:Connected to wifi router, can't connect to internet

According to this you should have a connection so something may be blocking the connection like an Anti Virus software.

Does it show up as connected but the browsers won't go anywhere? If so I have something for that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/262213-connected-wifi-router-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Please gave me all drivers of windows 7  link to download for HP AF 103 AX .  I tried to install windows 7 on hp af-103-ax , but i have some issues, please gave me all related drivers, to download, for win 7...  Major issue was i am unable to connect internet . Sorry for my bad english... Hope you will solve this issue as soon as possible..

A:i am unable to connect internet or wifi, please gave me rel...

Hi: You need these wireless and bluetooth drivers... The package contains the Broadcom wireless LAN drivers and utility that are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapter in supported notebooks that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp70888.exe This package contains the Broadcom Bluetooth driver and software for supported models that are running a supported operating system. Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Driver is required to enable Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 devices and is compatible with Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0 and earlier versions. File name: sp71440.exe You should be able to use the W7 x64 drivers and software from the base 15z-af000 on your model except the BIOS and firmware files. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-af000-Notebook-PC-series/7771410/model/8341291 In addition to the above drivers, you will need to install the amd chipset driver from AMD for the smbus and usb controllers. You want the 1st file on the page.  Install and restart the PC. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/i-am-unable-to-connect-internet-or-wifi-please-gave-me/td-p/5704623
Relevancy 77.83%

Ok to will internet, co... direct wifi the OR connect not Notebook question is nbsp nbsp My HP Pavilion G Notebook PC nbsp will not Notebook will not connect to the internet, wifi OR direct co... connect to the internet in any manner nbsp Problem started suddenly - I've been using it via WiFi for a Notebook will not connect to the internet, wifi OR direct co... long while and then it just quit connecting or even detecting my router or the extension nbsp Then I plugged it in DIRECTLY to my router and it STILL does not Notebook will not connect to the internet, wifi OR direct co... connect and tells me the cable is disconnected nbsp Not so - my router is just fine and I can connect with it easily with two DIRECT connect computers and WiFi computers and my phone nbsp My HP laptop network controllers are the problem nbsp Maybe hardware nbsp nbsp I've updated the drivers in both the hard wired controller and the WiFi but that didn't help Uninstalled both controllers and rebooted and that didn't help nbsp Rebooted numerous times after installing dirvers and STILL cannot connect to the internet more than a few seconds with either network controller nbsp nbsp I couldn't do a RESTORE because somehow the restore selection had been turned off nbsp Surprised me nbsp nbsp I did a 'system' check and find that nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp The controllers are nbsp Realtlek PCle FE Family Controller nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp hard wired nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Realltek TL CE b b n WiFi adapter nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WiFi nbsp nbsp And both Belarc Advisor and 'system' tells me that the identifying information of the laptop is nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp HP Pavilion G Notebook PC and nothing more for the Model nbsp Belarc tells me the serial number and Asset Tag but I don't think that is helpful nbsp nbsp So what can I do now nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Notebook-will-not-connect-to-the-internet-wifi-OR-direct/td-p/5704381
Relevancy 77.83%

my neices inspiron 1525 laptop has a wifi connection and hasnt been able to connect to the interenet for a cpl months. the wireless connection works. we had the charter cable guy come out and check it. he said its the computer. for some reason it has a connection but wont pull up the page online. what might that be? hardware issue? Please help! trying to help my sister out with her daughter on this one.

A:Cant connect to internet w/wifi connection! AHHHHHH

the wireless connection worksHow do you know?What browser do you use?Did you try another browser?Does same thing happen, when you hardwire laptop to the router/modem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303583/cant-connect-to-internet-wwifi-connection-ahhhhhh/
Relevancy 77.83%

Something strange happened This morning at my Dell laptop quot Wi-Fi quot changed from quot Wi-Fi quot to quot Wi-Fi quot and my Ethernet is now quot Ethernet quot Now I cannot connect to the Internet through Ethernet which is my only option where I am which is at home and the Wi-Fi networks that used to show up on the list because I am within range don t show up anymore I cannot even turn Wi Fi on since it is grayed out under quot Networks quot Specifically it now says quot Dell Wireless b g n GHZ quot on the Device Manager I tried to delete the from quot Wi-Fi quot on the Network Connections page but Laptop or connect Internet to ethernet Wifi with won't it says quot cannot rename this connection A connection with the name you specified already exists quot So the original Wi-Fi Laptop won't connect to Internet with ethernet or Wifi and Ethernet are still there somewhere but where Why did they disappear How can I get them back Here is some system information Windows edition Processor Intel Core i - U GHz GHz -bit operating system I restored my system to March but that didn t work Any help would be Laptop won't connect to Internet with ethernet or Wifi greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Hi Experts,
I am using Windows 7 PC, I want to connect the LAN with internet and WiFi with a Television to display the statistics of a particular process software. I could connect individually but I would like your help to connect both LAN and WiFi private network at same time. Request your kind help thank you!

A:Connect LAN to internet and WiFi with seperate device

You have two different networks configured?

My home LAN (wired and wifi) is all the same network. Devices connected by ethernet and wifi can all see each other.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connect-lan-to-internet-and-wifi-with-seperate-device-1143985.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello, I have lost my wifi access via wifi. 
I am using my own router and all other devices are working fine.
It is picking it up, showing 5 bars and saying it is connected and I have internet access, but will not go onto any Internet pages.. Chrome
says DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET. 
When I ran troubleshooting on the wifi connection the the problem found was ' the remote device or resource won't accept the connection'. 
Please can someone help?
Thanks in advance, Jan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7bf25c80-386a-4557-b8e0-58784f7eec88/unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-wifi-windows-81?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello everyone I am having an issue I attempted installed zonealarm free a few days ago when I woke up I saw that it said the installation failed Yet still I saw zonealarm listed as a new program that was installed I also can unable to connect to the internet I changed the settings of zonealarm from high to medium but still no internet I uninstalled zonealarm and even used the clean exe zonealarm tool no internet I manually went ahead and removed via or connect ethernet wifi to internet to Unable as many zone Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet alarm components as possible but still no internet I have done various elevated command prompts net sh etc However for the reset one it always says reset failed Ip and Ip in a not connected state and all wifi networks say limited as well as Ethernet connections I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers Also I have no system restore points available When the issue Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet was first present my last restore point was Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet Office preview which I had installed two hours or so before zonealarm Zonealarm never had a restore point Since trying to troubleshoot this issue all my restore points have been erased I am going insane Can you guys please help me to figure out how to fix this Thanks in advance for your help Laptop Sony Vaio Flip OS Windows Professional Wireless Card Intel Wireless N

A:Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet

System Restore to before you installed Zonealarm.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/66161-unable-connect-internet-via-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 77.83%

my problem is i can connect to my network also internet via WiFi but i get drop out . but not via cable the router IP is 192.168.0.3 my server 2012 ip 198.168.0.10 we have 16 port switch trying to connect to server with cable also get internet . Could the windows server be blocking my access. email

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64056-my-computers-cannot-connect-internet-via-cable-only-via-wifi.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Guys, we are seeing on multiple Lenovo models like the T440 and X131E's that when they are connected to Wireless they get a DHCP address and can get to intranet sites for our domain but cannot get to anything on the internet. they can ping and resolve to internet sites like google.com. They have this issue on multiple SSID's that they connect to and sometimes it will fail for hours then all of the sudden start working. We have updated the drivers, double checked our wireless LAN controllers, DHCP and we are jsut stumped. Any help or direction on this would be great. Thanks,Matt Thompsonmthompson@henry.k12.ga.us

A:WiFi pulls IP but wont connect to internet

Sound like dns issue. Check which DNS is being assigned. Also if correct and valid. Typically if you can ping beyond your own network its then a DNS issue. You can override the default with something like OpenDNS IP's rather than the ISP or your own.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GBZ70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Window 8.1 64bit FHD 17.3 inch Display, Nvidia G840 w/2GB memory

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/WiFi-pulls-IP-but-wont-connect-to-internet/td-p/3316475
Relevancy 77.83%

I have an acer x desktop - no connect antenna the to internet cannot USB wifi RTL8187 wifi card I installed RTL8187 USB wifi antenna cannot connect to the internet a db gain usb wifi antenna Everything looks good but I cannot connect to one of the local networks - It is WPA preshared key TKIP AES The realtek wireless lan utility never gets an IP address despite excellent signal strength I have an acer netbook running xp with built in wireless connects perfectly There is a second local network that is not encrypted I have connected to the system - acquired IP address Subnet mask and gateway Network and sharing show the connection PC to Network but no connection to the internet My netbook does not have enough gain to access that network but I am sure that it is working fine The initial firewall setup was using Mcafee Mcafee wouldn't let me in without an internet connection So I uninstalled Mcafee I have disabled the windows firewall I have tried to connect using the Realtek utility and with the windows wireless network connection screen IPconfig media state media disconnected connection specific DNS suffix blank description Realtek RTL Wireless b g MBPS USB Network adapter physical address - F- - - - C DHC enabled yes autoconfiguration enabled yes Device properties indicates that it is working properly such is life - Any ideas

A:RTL8187 USB wifi antenna cannot connect to the internet

Any more information from the ipconfig? You're not even showing as having an IP address unless you chose to leave that information out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253166-rtl8187-usb-wifi-antenna-cannot-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have internet and can receive emails, but I cannot connect to IE or Google Chrome.  Started with not getting images on emails. Cannot send emails.  Error messages I am getting are "Program Manager not working" "HPSF.exe stopped working"  'HP connection manager stopped responding, Error 80080005"  "AMD/ATI video driver" and AMD-Display Adapter-ATI Radeon Graphic Cards not working.  The computer won't restore to an earlier date. Have no idea what to do. Any suggestions?

A:wifi on but will not connect to google chrome or internet ex...

Hello @healingwind, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I have read your post on how you are not able to connect to your Internet browsers, that your notebook is experiencing multiple error messages, and I would be happy to help you! For further assistance, I will need to know: If you can provide screen shots of all of the error messages as they appear on the screen.The Product and Model Number of your notebook computer.The version of Windows you have installed on your computer.If your computer has completed all of its important Windows Updates.If you have updated your HP drivers using the HP Support Assistant.If this is an on-going, or recent issue.Please re-post with the necessary information, this way I will be able to research this further for you. I look forward to your reply!Cheers!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-on-but-will-not-connect-to-google-chrome-or-internet/td-p/4480070
Relevancy 76.97%

My wifi router is normally placed on the first floor. When I go upstairs and try to connect to my laptop wifi to the internet, it will not work. The problem is, my laptop cannot find the network on the wifi list. I've been using the wifi on my laptop in my room upstairs for years yet all of a sudden today it stopped working.

I tested it with my phone on the exact same spot as my laptop and the internet connected just fine.

I moved my laptop to the basement and also tried the first floor and it worked fine. The Network Adapter driver is working fine from what I've seen.

Could it be because there is a setting on my laptop that it will not try to look for the wifi that is not close enough? If there is any missing information feel free to ask. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/390676-no-longer-able-connect-internet-using-my-laptop-wifi-win7.html
Relevancy 76.97%

1st. I have a desktop and nearby there is wireless internet WiFi hotspot. Please I would like to know how can I connect it to the wireless internet WiFi? I am thinking of buying this: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/802-11n-150mbps-wifi-wlan-wireless-network-usb-adapter-53538

Apart from that adapter do I need something else?

2nd. Where the desktop is, I have no reception. I mean because my cellphone has no reception when it is in the same place where the desktop is. But when I put my cellphone in the window around 12 feet away, there is reception. So I am wondering if I can make a 12 feet long USB cable from the desktop to the window and with the Wifi/WLAN Wireless Network USB Adapter in the window.

Any suggestions and help?

Thanks

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi, haven't been here for a long time! I'm currently having a problem with using WiFi on Windows 8. I can't seem to connect to the internet at all over WiFi. Previously I randomly had issues where my internet connection would randomly drop off. After trying to reset TCP/IP and reinstalling the network drivers I found I could not connect over the internet at all. Ethernet works perfectly fine, but I don't have an Ethernet connection to run to the room I use my laptop in. Does anyone have any ideas? I have an Acer Aspire 7736g with an Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN according to Device Manager.

A:WiFi internet connection issue (cannot connect to interne)

What type of router are you using, brand model, type of security and encryption etc.?

Can you post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30717-wifi-internet-connection-issue-cannot-connect-interne.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Running Win -bit -Running two routers st router is ISP facing which is connects via wireless bridge to a second Linksys WRT don't connect - setting cannot hoc hotspot ad wifi Trouble internet up to remember exact model atm to extend range in my house Either way I get the same problem when connecting host machine to either router When I am connected to downstream nd router via wireless bridge my default gateway points to the first router I think under normal conditions the first router acts as DHCP server second one disabled Basically I want to set up host machine as ad hoc wifi hotspot via Windows wizard I set up the virtual wifi hotspot and it seems to work followed these instructions How To Turn Your Windows Laptop Into a WiFi Hotspot I then Trouble setting up wifi ad hoc hotspot - cannot connect to internet try to connect with the client machines to newly created ad hoc wifi hotspot by selecting wireless network and entering password and the process fails saying DHCP lookup failed I open cmd exe and run quot arp -a quot and see that APIPA addressing is active in lieu of dynamic IP address and that the client machine does have an APIPA address yet I cannot access internet Is it a DNS issue I notice that when I run ipconfig all on host Trouble setting up wifi ad hoc hotspot - cannot connect to internet machine it shows DNS servers as hexademical values MAC addresses I was under the impression that in the absence of DHCP which the host machine cannot serve to client APIPA will kick in thus giving address to host machine But it seems like I can't get onto internet with this machine I mean how does the client access DNS tables when it is in APIPA mode Does it have to do with my wireless bridge dual router set up upstream or some DNS issue at the ad hoc wifi hotspot host machine level I realize that setting a static IP on the client machine is an option but I'd rather get DHCP APIPA working instead Another point The ad hoc set up works when I run a program called Connectify Hotspot and when host machine is connected to either router but not when I use Windows' built in function I'd appreciate any insight Thank you

A:Trouble setting up wifi ad hoc hotspot - cannot connect to internet

APIPA (Automatic Private IP Addressing - 169.254.0.0) means you couldn't discover any DHCP servers. I don't have much experience in wireless routing but if in bridge mode I guess router 2 was supposed to be somewhat transparent. Normally (shouldn't be the case while bridged) DHCP protocol can't be routed, would need a DHCP proxy set up at the 2nd network segment.

Hmm, to not complicate things, can your host machine connect to the wireless network (normal private IP address)? And if so, to the Internet?

When connected to the 2nd router, in cmd (copy paste):

Code:
ipconfig -all | clip
It won't show anything but copy info to clipboard automatically, paste here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/374978-trouble-setting-up-wifi-ad-hoc-hotspot-cannot-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi folks Unable my connection to with Wifi Ethernet or through connect internet the machine is Samsung NP e a installed with windows bit Unable to connect with my internet connection by any means wifi or ethernet One of the senior member of this forum sent Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet me a link of Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet drivers I uploaded all the drivers again and again The Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet laptop has no error message in Control Panels except the D video adaptor which I think isn t related Here is the detail of Network Adaptors installed Bluetooth device personal area network Bluetooth device TDI protocol RFCOMM Realtek PCI GBE family controller Intel Centrino Wireless N Microsoft Virtual minport adaptor Microsoft Virtual minport adaptor I tried to connect via ethernet but it doesn t detect the cable I checked the same cable and router with other computer and its working Wifi networks are available tried to connect my network it asks for password and then gives the message window Windows could not connect to my network The wifi network is working with three other devices One more strange thing bluetooth is also not working although its drivers are showing no error but that I doesn t require at the moment Please help

A:Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet

again i will tell you to do the same thing i tell others in same situation. In addition to the driver downloads; try power cycling the modem and router. Unplug the power to both the modem and router and wait about a minute or so; then plug the modem back in first and let that fully boot; then plug the router back in and let that fully boot. Post back if that does not solve the issue; or mark this thread solved if it has.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/327564-unable-connect-my-internet-connection-through-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

I have a Sony Bravia 55" tv and I tried connecting to the wifi both auto and manually, but no luck. It shows connected but without Internet access. Am able to connect to other devices with this wifi connections. I did check the ip settings too. Please help. Thank you !

A:Sony tv 55" unable to connect to wifi internet

Hi

Is it a smart tv?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-tv-55-unable-to-connect-to-wifi-internet.1142490/
Relevancy 76.97%

I hope the title made a little sense We currently have - laptops on location depending on the day There are around signals in the area including our two from on wifi, working same 2nd LAN connect drops to Internet SSID will which isn't insane considering signals in an apt building isn't unusual and rarely causes conflict This is in a two story office building with ours on the top floor Directly below us is a restaurant which I assume some of their appliances mess with our signal Regardless of that we still have great signal strength We have two routers in Internet drops from working wifi, will connect to 2nd SSID on same LAN the office to help ensure signal strength and two SSIDs for the swapping mentioned below A random number laptops at random times of the day will lose connection to our signals Which laptop when how many laptops and which SSID is not consistent There is nothing wrong on the WiFi icon or an ipconfig all and others will still be working on the network just fine You can then swap to the other SSID which could at the current time have users working on Internet drops from working wifi, will connect to 2nd SSID on same LAN it and users with it broken and your internet works I've tried to find some sort of pattern behind this Time brand model laptop and WiFi card nothing leads to a pattern No where in our office is the signal weak Sometimes we do remote conferences Internet drops from working wifi, will connect to 2nd SSID on same LAN presentation from our location and it looks quite bad when the laptop presenting the remote session randomly drops in the middle of it so it's becoming quite an issue there It of course is a nuisance regardless of what people are using the internet for Any suggestions of something to try Edit I forgot to mention that both routers are simply APs connected to the main firewall which does dhcp etc

A:Internet drops from working wifi, will connect to 2nd SSID on same LAN

Quote: Originally Posted by tanwedar

Edit: I forgot to mention that both routers are simply APs connected to the main firewall which does dhcp etc.

Just to clarify some terminology...

APs (i.e. "access points") are more often referred to "wireless access points", i.e. WAPs.

They are not in fact "routers". They are simply "wireless access points", which provide secondary wireless networks (i.e. SSID's) at remote distant locations away from the primary router, through a wired connection to the true primary wired router. This solution is commonly used when the wireless network available from the true primary router just can't reach the remote location dependably because of walls, distance or other radio frequency interference in the neighborhood.

Any device connecting (either wireless, or even wired if the WAP also provides some wired connectors as part of its "wired/wireless switch" technology) through these secondary wireless networks is actually passed on through by the AP to the primary router, where true network connected device management and DHCP occurs. Devices connecting to the WAP (either wired or wireless, doesn't matter) all appear as "wired connected devices" back on the primary router. This is because the WAP really is a "wired multi-port switch" from the perspective of the primary router, and any device connected through a wired switch will appear as a "wired connected device" on the primary router. It just happens that a WAP also provides a wireless way to connect to it, but this fact is hidden from the primary router and still looks like a "wired connected device".

Also, the primary main router (where DHCP management occurs) does normally also contain "firewall" technology to prevent intrusion from the outside. But the device itself is still referred to as a "router", not a "firewall".
Now, as to your actual issue, which I'd describe as random and occasional and unpredictable "fadeout" of wireless connectivity to assorted laptops, even while other laptops remain connected just fine to the same wireless network (i.e. SSID, from one of your two WAPs). The existing wireless connection is working fine from that laptop, until for no apparent reason it just is lost.

Well, I'm not sure there's an actual true solution here. I'd say it might be externally caused by the comings and goings of the other wireless networks also active in your building, potentially causing occasional RF interference on the very same wireless channel that happens to be in use for your own various wireless connected laptops which might then be affected. Remember that if your laptops vary by manufacturer and type, then the wireless adapters in them almost certainly also varies in their capability and sensitivity and reliability. Even when two laptops are side by side, their wireless reliability may vary depending on which wireless network they're currently connected to, as well as just their own inherent wireless hardware capability.
These types of situations can certainly be bothersome and annoying, as they are intermittent and seem to elude any genuine correction attempts, but are really "fatal" when they occur and that's harmful. But you can certainly try out other adaptations to improve the reliability and consistency.

(1) you can try WAP hardware from different manufacturers, to see if that provides superior performance. The WAP units from Ubiquiti (which come in assorted capabilities and prices depending on your need) are very highly regarded for commercial WiFi setup situations, and perhaps need to be installed professionally. But you presumably get what you pay for. I don't have any firsthand experience with these myself (other than to read the user reviews) but they're probably much more consistent and dependable than everyday inexpe... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/354646-internet-drops-working-wifi-will-connect-2nd-ssid-same-lan.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a netgear router(maybe my first problem). My phone and kindle get a great wifi signal but the computer itself has zero signal and cant connect to the internet. Can anyone please help????

A:devices connect to wifi but puter has no internet connection

If the computer is running Windows ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If your only email accounts are free (Hotmail, gmail, etc.) try this direct link. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/devices-connect-to-wifi-but-puter-has-no-internet-connection.1115365/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have never run into this before.

I have a dsl modem/gateway (actiontec) which i use to connect to the internet

when I connected a Linksys WRT54G v.4 router to my laptop thru RJ45, WITH wifi disabled on the router, I lose connectivity to the internet on the wifi connection.

I'm used to XP with independent connectoids. Looking at the properties on each connection, they appear to be correct.

Has anyone run into this on Vista?

I thought surely by disco'g the wifi on the Linksys Router it should just be a standard wired connection.

both routers are setup for DHCP. Is that what's confusing Vista?

weird. appreciate any help. I am so out of troubleshooting ideas.

A:Can't Connect wifi w/internet when connected to RJ45 to another Router (x64)

Originally Posted by notech

I have never run into this before.

I have a dsl modem/gateway (actiontec) which i use to connect to the internet

I connected a Linksys WRT54G v.4 router to my laptop thru RJ45, WITH wifi disabled on the router, I lose connectivity to the internet on the wifi connection.

I'm used to XP with independent connectoids. Looking at the properties on each connection, they appear to be correct.

Has anyone run into this on Vista?

I thought surely by disco'g the wifi on the Linksys Router it should just be a standard wired connection.

both routers are setup for DHCP. Is that what's confusing Vista?

weird. appreciate any help. I am so out of troubleshooting ideas.

can you just run through your post again, you seem to be saying that you have disabled your wireless on your router and you lose connection on the wireless connection on your computer.
you will, because you disabled it.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/208242-cant-connect-wifi-w-internet-when-connected-rj45-another-router-x64.html
Relevancy 76.97%

So here's what I have, my internet is one of those broadband Sprint/Nextel wireless services that I connect to via a USB Dongle. I just got an iPod Touch and want to setup a Secure WiFi network at home so I can use it's WiFi applications in the house.

So what do you think I would need to do this? Is there a wireless router I can buy that would be ideal for this situation?

A:Setting up WiFi to connect to USB based Internet Service

CradlePoint makes a line of cell phone WiFi routers.

The Kyocera KR1 or KR2 is also acceptable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-wifi-to-connect-to-usb-based-internet-service.784442/
Relevancy 76.97%

I can't connecto to internet wifi or direct connect to modem. I have a toshiba laptop windows vista is the operating system. it always give me internet explorer error. I try to download firefox still giving me error on internet explorer

A:canot connect to internet using wifi and direct to modem my

Try the following to check, whether the problem is located in your internet browser settings.Therefore:Press WIN+R key.Type in cmd and click ok.In the upcoming black window (command prompt), type in tracert google.com.What did you get?Post back the result.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/canot-connect-to-internet-using-wifi-and-direct-to-modem-my/13678.html
Relevancy 76.97%

After my laptop was fixed, I cannot connect to the Internet. It has limited acces. I did some research but cannot fix it. I really need Internet in my laptop. My laptop is Acer Aspire 5733.

A:My laptop cannot connect to the Internet and has limited connectivity to my wifi.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-and-has-limited-connectivity-to-my-wifi.1123977/
Relevancy 76.97%

So this might be pretty long but this is all that has wifi drivers/internet/ethernet port connect No to to happened so far So my laptop which is a HP DM it was fine nd No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi everything but it would shut itself off but i had it plugged in and everything then when i went to turn it bck on it said to put a recovery disc No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi so i went on my mom's laptop nd downloaded that nd burned it and used it It reinstalled Windows but when it would No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi boot up it would look like Windows but the log on screen nd home screen would look like Windows XP so i been downloading drivers since i dnt have most the stuff i need nd i got Areo nd it looks like Windows again but the clock nd those icons still look like XP like it shows a computer instead of wifi bars So problem is now that my internet button doesnt work for wifi nd there is no networks to connect too nd some drivers are missing which ive tried so many things nd not getting anywhere Idk what i did though but out of the times i was trying to download windows i finally got windows home premium up but it was all black nd said it was an ungenuine copy nd was on a temporary account nd everything would get deleted after logging off After i shut dwn it made me reinstall windows nd now ive tried to get bck to the black screen one but it just goes ito the XP looking one

A:No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. No idea where you Downloaded Windows from .. But it looks like a corrupt Install .. Your should start again .. Read the Link below and follow the Instructions step by step .. Every thing is in the Link you need to get the perfect Install including the Link for the Download ISO for Windows .. If you Post the exact Model Number of your Laptop ... I will find any Drivers that are missing after the Re-install .. Windows should find most of them if you run the Updates ..
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335432-no-drivers-internet-ethernet-port-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello and thank you for your time This is very kind of you and your group My wife s computer s problems began when we downloaded Mu Torrent and downloaded CloneDVD and some MB WMV file that carried the signature of aXXo It would not play rather when we tried using Windows Media Player version it connected to the internet and asked us to download quot media usage rights quot That is when PlayMYDVD downloaded to the computer The first problem we recognized was that clicking on links no longer worked whether on Google or Yahoo via Firefox or Explorer Instead the links redirected to some fake ad-like connect Can't Gaopdxserv: or W32.Tidserv.G wifi) (hardwire internet and to websites However if we cut and pasted the links they would usually work Also even without a browser running pop-up ads would come and visit us I noticed that when i cleared my cookies the problem was fixed -- for a minute -- and it would start right back up again Our symantec virus software didn t see anything We weren t aware of other programs and did not have any Not knowing about your group or your suggestions W32.Tidserv.G and Gaopdxserv: Can't connect to internet (hardwire or wifi) I W32.Tidserv.G and Gaopdxserv: Can't connect to internet (hardwire or wifi) followed some threads about how to fix it The first thing I did was try and download Spybot Strangely I could not even connect to the websites that offered spybot downloads Luckily or not Adaware website was accessible and I downloaded it They found some things but the problem wasn t gone I then downloaded spybot malwarebytes and GMER Spybot wouldn t load nor would malwarebytes Gmer found some Rootkits C WINDOWS system drivers gaopdxqevpeycgyrjklypuoapxexyyridwkmxe sys and C WINDOWS system gaopdxxmmexmtyxjqtthveqxhsdulkiqlrmmaf dll It also found a module that could not be deleted rather it had to be quot dumped quot into some kind of bin file This didn t fix the problem but it W32.Tidserv.G and Gaopdxserv: Can't connect to internet (hardwire or wifi) let me navigate to and run Malwarebyte No luck I then found a thread recommending combofix It found all sorts of things and after it fixed them the internet links worked But after I reset the computer I can t connect to the web anymore Then i found your site I hope not too late I wish i had read it first Thanks for your help

A:W32.Tidserv.G and Gaopdxserv: Can't connect to internet (hardwire or wifi)

Hello.This is a nasty infection.Backdoor ThreatIMPORTANT NOTE: Unfortunatly One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?When Should I Format, How Should I ReinstallWe can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do.With Regards,Extremeboy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216801/w32tidservg-and-gaopdxserv-cant-connect-to-internet-hardwire-or-wifi/
Relevancy 76.97%

Morning folks,
Laptop won't connect via wireless.
It will connect via ethernet.
I have run antivirus and malaware bytes
I have checked relevant drivers
This is a known software issue as it happened last month. I took it to my local PC guy and he fixed it but was very vague about what he did. "I ran a couple of scripts" was his answer
All other devices in the house are fine.
When the laptop crapped out last month, so did the desktop BUT desktop is ethernet only. The computer guy fixed this the same way.

I could go back to my guy, but if  it is recurring then I would like to know what is causing it.

I've tried different routers

I'm running Windows 10 

Thanks in advance,

Herdsmann

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623017/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-via-wifi-its-a-known-software-error/
Relevancy 76.97%

hello,

I am newbie in such things. My internet was working over wifi (router Netgear 150), but suddenly it stopped working. Wifi is working as my smart phone and other laptop is working properly on it.

However My Sony Vaio though connected to wifi, apps like IDM, IE, google chrom nor firefox connets to internet. I remember that I has installed youtube downloader and uninstalled it quickly. It downloaded some additional apps like shopping pro, g-force and I uninstalled that too. but none of my app connescts to internet.

Please help. I checked for proxies, but it is connected directly and disabled firewall as well. but still it is not working.

Relevancy 76.97%

Hey so I think I may be infected big time At first I had a redirect virus on my computer and I couldn't get DeviMang Big have infection;no network in internet,still Wifi,nothing connect, rid of it at all I used Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA Windows Security Essentials Microsoft Support Emergency Response Tool SUPERAntiSpyware and even TDSSKiller nothing was fixed But then it gets worse Now my start bar reverted back to the standard silver boxy look I have no internet connection on my desktop every time I use Firefox Big infection;no internet,still have Wifi,nothing in network connect, DeviMang or Safari I get server not found You are not connected to the Internet and when I try IE it keeps encountering a problem and needs to close Big infection;no internet,still have Wifi,nothing in network connect, DeviMang and it won't stop until I shut it down via task manager I still have Wifi and I can surf the web fine on my laptop iPhone When I Big infection;no internet,still have Wifi,nothing in network connect, DeviMang check network connections there's NOTHING there device manager same thing I tried pulling up help and support it says Help and Support can't open because a system service is not responding Tried a system restore and all of my previous dates were wiped out Completely out of options need some serious crucial help

A:Big infection;no internet,still have Wifi,nothing in network connect, DeviMang

Can you browse in safemode with networking? Farbar's MiniToolBox--------------------Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktopPlease close any Firefox browsers you may have open
Double click the icon to launch the program
Make sure the following options are checked:

Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList DevicesList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and once the scan is completed a Result.txt Notepad document will open on your desktopPlease copy and paste the contents in your reply===================================================Farbar's Service Scanner--------------------Please download Farbar Service Scanner, save it to your desktop, and run it.Make sure the following options are checked:

Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487534/big-infection;no-internetstill-have-wifinothing-in-network-connect-devimang/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey all,

I've been away from the PC world for the past few years because I've been running a Mac.
I decided to get back into some gaming on picked up a Dell XPS desktop running windows 7 ultimate x64.
I bought a Asus USB N10 Wifi Adapter and it won't connect to the internet. It gets a limited activity logo over top of the connection.
Today I tried plugging it rite into the router with a LAN cable and still, no dice. Came up with an IP address error.
I'm guessing this is a router issue? When i run ipconfig in cmd prompt, it doesn't even have a default gateway?
Could someone explain what is going wrong here, and why It wont connect? We have 2 Macs, a PS3, some android tablets and a HP laptop running from out D-Link router.

Thanks for the help in advance, I really appreciate it guys!

A:Dell XPS Desktop won't connect to internet through LAN or Wifi Adapter

Did you install the Asus driver?

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Networks- ASUS USB-N10

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/208845-dell-xps-desktop-wont-connect-internet-through-lan-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,
I've a linksys wifi router WRT54GH connected with D-link modem to have a wifi access point at my home.
All the devices, my 2 laptops, 1 desktop can connect to this wifi & can access the internet without any problem.
But when I connect my phone Samsung Galaxy S2 OR Samsung Galaxy Grand, phone cannot access the internet even though phone is able to connect the wifi & can get an IP address as well from router.

I tried my phone connected over other wifi access points & worked without any issue & can access internet, to confirm that there is no problem with phones.
So problem is with my home network configuration / setup.
Can someone please help ?

Thanks in Advance

Relevancy 76.97%

Well the problems connect to but can browse aspire the internet wifi not one Acer exactly what the title says i can connect to my wifi but not the internet I tried a variety of the different solutions that i ve found online e g updating Acer aspire one can connect to wifi but not browse the internet the driver uninstalling the driver then rebooting causing it to reinstall as new hardware reseting my tcp stack but so far no luck I ve connected it to the same network using an ethernet cable and it all works fine the same can be said for when i connect to any other wireless network It only seems to be my wireless network which doesnt work We recently changed our internet in the house from bt to virgin and this was when the problem started however all of the other wireless devices work fine For those who want to know my wireless driver is an atheros ar eg And my ip configuration shows C Documents and Settings Alex gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name blue Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast E thernet NIC Physical Address - E- -BD- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Ad apter Physical Address - - - - -C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Thanks nbsp

A:Acer aspire one can connect to wifi but not browse the internet

what security do you have on the wireless ? - try removing wireless security and see if connects
are you running vista ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007
We have recently been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapter over the last few months, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and windows Vista.

The adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
--- Please post back here if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver." That apparently has worked for some posters.

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section, as some manufactures, appear to now have a working driver available.
Toshiba - update has worked for some PCs
HP The latest HP Atheros driver dated Sept 2010 has fixed the issue - so check the driver date, However, that does NOT apply to all HPs / Compaqs machines
- the poster did an online scan for driver updates on the HP website here HP Product Detection which resulted in a solution. Solved: Can't connect to internet wirelessly - Atheros AR5007 Wifi through Clear Comm - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you can post the Make and EXACT model of your PC here, along with the windows version you have and we will see if we can find the driver and will post a link as a reply here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) A few posters here with the same issue have found that the driver from this site ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows resolved the issue
Threads are here
Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: NetGear WNDR3700 Incompatibilty W/ Atheros AR5700 - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Local connection only when connected to secured wirless - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Unidentified Network - Tech Support Guy Forums
Unidentified Network
I do NOT know anything about the site mentioned ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows However, a number of forum members have now successfully used the site to update the driver

However, if you do decide to try the driver, Please let us know the outcome

Direct link to the drivers are below
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " click to download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

AR5007
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista
Although this driver has shown up in BSODs (Blue Screen Of Death) on Vista SP2 systems, usually conflicting with updated Vista OS drivers like netio.sys, tcpip.sys and other networking related drivers.

AR5007EG
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista
Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

You might also bug your laptop's tech support about the problem--maybe people can put pressure on Atheros to find a fix.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-can-connect-to-wifi-but-not-browse-the-internet.1020954/
Relevancy 76.97%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 76.97%

Please help I know very little about computers Please excuse me if I explain things wrong and use incorrect terminology I hadn t used my laptop for a while and yesterday it didn t come on when I tried to turn it on I ended up taking out the battery then holding down the power button for seconds The laptop worked fine after that and I was able to access the Internet When I went to shut it down it said that it had updates to install so I told it to install the updates and shut off when it was done When I started it up today it seemed slow to get to the Toshiba screen It looked liked it was still installing updates which I found odd because it had shut itself down yesterday after installing all of them I thought I shut it down again after the updates or whatever that was had completed and I was able to access one site very briefly However now I can t access the Internet at all The Internet Explorer page comes up for a few seconds and then closes again to the Toshiba page When I check my connection it says that the Wifi is connected I can t figure out why I can t access the Internet Please help Edited to add that I it's to the won't My connected Toshiba even though laptop Wifi Internet connect to m using Windows Also My Toshiba laptop won't connect to the Internet even though it's connected to Wifi I just tried to scan with Norton but the scan won t work nbsp

A:My Toshiba laptop won't connect to the Internet even though it's connected to Wifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-toshiba-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet-even-though-its-connected-to-wifi.1138598/
Relevancy 76.97%

My laptop is inable to connect to internet via its own network card. The WiFi connects but shows no internet while im able to access the internet using a WiFi dongle. I have updated the drivers and even deleted and reinstalled the drivers but still issue didn't get resolved. The laptops own wifi is showing the networks just unable to get the internet and shows an error sign exclamation on the WiFi signal for the laptops wifi card while connects fine using the dongle

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-wifi-network-card-is-unable-to-connect-to-internet/td-p/5750730
Relevancy 76.11%

All An elderly Their Wifi Helping an Friend: Connect Internet Won't Elderly Laptop to the Using friend of mine let someone borrow their laptop and when they got it back it no longer worked on their home Wifi I have been researching how to fix this but so far haven t been able to fix it so I would really appreciate any help Here s the situation - I can see they haven t installed anything new since it was borrowed - It works completely fine on the internet when connecting via internet cable - I have run anti-virus software which didn t find anything - I tried to update Helping an Elderly Friend: Their Laptop Won't Connect to the Internet Using Wifi the wireless card s driver but it said it didn t need an update - The DNS settings look ok to me no VPN or anything - I checked the LAN settings and that seems normal - I ve tried it in my house as well and it doesn t connect to the wifi either - Lots of other devices connect without any problems - There is some HP internet software installed that came with the laptop it says did not find an ip address - OS is XP They are quite upset about this and I d love to fix it for them It s quite an old laptop and so it s slow so it makes it quite hard to try and fix I would be hugely grateful for any suggestions nbsp

A:Helping an Elderly Friend: Their Laptop Won't Connect to the Internet Using Wifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/helping-an-elderly-friend-their-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet-using-wifi.1146575/