Windows Support Forum

Network old XP with new Win7 computer

Q: Network old XP with new Win7 computer

I just purchased a Win7 desktop and Win7 laptop and a router for the wireless laptop. What do I need to do to be able to see the files on the old XP computer? I hooked this computer up to the router also and am not able to see the files on the old XP. I just want to transfer some files from the old to the new, but haven't been able to find any good instructions out there. Please help! I'm afraid the old XP is about to go on me and desperately need some files off of it! Thanks!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network old XP with new Win7 computer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 56.33%

As the topic says, I'm having an issue where a computer on a network cannot see the other computer on the network.  It is able to connect to the internet, and I double-checked based on earlier threads and the network discovery IS ON.  This computer
is able to create a Homegroup and the other computer on the network is able to see the shared folders when it joins the homegroup, but I cannot create a homegroup on the
other computer and have this computer see it to join it.  The other computer sees this computer in Windows Explorer under Network, but as far as the problem computer is concerned, it is the only computer on the network.
Despite this, when I open up the Network Map, it shows both computers, the router, and the modem.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6789f7fd-6dc6-4b5f-b997-32480bd340c0/windows-7-cannot-see-other-win7-computers-on-network-other-win7-computers-on-network-can-see-this?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a really strange situation today that started after I had to reboot our UTM device and then switch We have a wired network although our modem router is also wireless if needed We don t use the wireless normally After rebooting the UTM and Switch all computers were turned back on again one by one of the were up and running and on the network and internet straight away One PC connected to the LAN but cannot get internet access Our DHCP server is on the UTM Internet (Win7) Network Wired Computer no has on One device and each computer has it s IP address reserved This computer had reserved and it still has that IP address when I do ipconfig It can access all the files on our NAS and all the printers on the network I ran all the ipconfig commands to One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) release renew One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) flushdns I reset winsock and rebooted Still no internet I did a print screen off one of the PCs that is working properly and compared it Apart from the MAC address and other PC specific items I could see no difference So I put a wireless dongle on it to see if it would connect the the internet on wireless It worked I had internet but no LAN other than to the wireless router So I thought there must be a problem with the NIC I went to the local PC store and bought a new NIC card and installed it I disabled the old one and connected the network cable to the new one No difference If I enable the NIC card I have LAN but no internet if I enable the wireless dongle I have internet but no LAN I need both I cannot figure out what has changed on this ONE PC that was working fine until today Oh one other thing I tried that didn t work I connected a brand new Ethernet cable directly from the modem router to the PC So this bypassed the UTM device and Switch Still no wired internet nbsp

A:One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7)

Try these

ping 8.8.8.8
nslookup google.com
ping techspot.com
(1) shows packets going to google's dns
(2) shows you can convert name to ip address
(3) shows access to our site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-on-wired-network-has-no-internet-win7.193364/
Relevancy 52.46%

I HATE modern networking with every fiber of my being. Once upon a time, networking was simple. To support huge corporate networks Microsoft has made it into a nightmare for home users.

Since I've upgraded from 8.1 to 10 my wife's win7 computer can no longer use the printer on my computer. I've run down every rabbit hole I found on Google to no avail. You are my last hope. How do I fix it so she can use my printer???

NOTE: for what it's worth I can use the printer on her computer.

A:Can't share printer on my 10 with a win7 computer on the same network.

Is the printer network capable? Make/Model Requested.

Sharing is so 90's <.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/55667-cant-share-printer-my-10-win7-computer-same-network.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I changed my ISP to "Clear.com" and now one, seldom used, Win7 computer will not connect to the wireless network. I have two other desktops hardwired and two laptops on the wireless that work fine. The two laptops are in the same room as the Clear 'modem/router', while the Win7 box is not, if that matters. The Win7 box worked in that location when I was on the cable and had a separate wireless router.

The box that will not connect, does show that the wireless connection is available, and the adapter shows to be working properly in Device Manager.

Oh, and Windows Troubleshooter says it cannot fix it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Win7 computer will not connect to wireless network

Make sure that you are not locking yourself out via MAC Address filtering.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win7-computer-will-not-connect-to-wireless-network.1088587/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am running Win7 Pro 64 bit on my desktop computer which is hardwired to my network. I have a Kindle Fire and whenever I try to browse across the network and access the Win7, I can see it but I cannot open it. I always get a bad path or general login failure message on the Fire. I can browse to and access the Win7 from any other computer on the network so the problem seems to be with the Kindle-Win7 interface. The Kindle has no trouble whatsoever browsing to and accessing a computer running XP Pro 32bit that is wirelessly connected to the network. I've tried several different file management apps on the Kindle and I have to admit I'm stumped. I'm beginning to wonder if it's some sort of bug in 7, the Kindle OS, or both. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/402659-issues-connecting-win7-computer-across-network-kindle-fire.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have been trying to set up a homegroup to share between a desktop and two laptops. After many attempts I got the two laptops to work by removing guest from "deny access to this computer from the network" in the local security settings. Both of the laptops were running windows 7 professional. Unfortunately my desktop is running windows 7 home premium which doesn't have the local security settings option. So my question is can I remove the guest account from "deny access to this computer from the network" in windows 7 home premium through some interesting bit of registry editing or something? I really don't want to upgrade to professional if possible.

A:Deny Access to this Computer from the Network Win7 Home Premium

Quote: Originally Posted by Matthew23

I have been trying to set up a homegroup to share between a desktop and two laptops. After many attempts I got the two laptops to work by removing guest from "deny access to this computer from the network" in the local security settings. Both of the laptops were running windows 7 professional. Unfortunately my desktop is running windows 7 home premium which doesn't have the local security settings option. So my question is can I remove the guest account from "deny access to this computer from the network" in windows 7 home premium through some interesting bit of registry editing or something? I really don't want to upgrade to professional if possible.

You shouldn't need to remove guest from anywhere in order to set up a Homegroup. It appears as if you are working around another problem.

Most Homegroup problems can be solved by going through the Homegroup trouble shooter.

Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues - Help Desk Geek

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279091-deny-access-computer-network-win7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Yes yet another question about the quot network password quot issue with Win networking This has nothing to do with Win -winxp networking as most of the questions related to this subject from google appear to be This is an issue of single win installation being unable to connect to another specific win installation over the network computers all Network Password: networking Enter win7 to win7 win ultimate bit no changes or modifications Enter Network Password: win7 to win7 networking made to their network configuration of them talk to each other just fine I share files with without homegroup no problem that th computer which is the trouble computer only has problems when it tries to connect to a specific computer on the network It can connect and see the shared files on the other no problem also the computer I am having trouble connecting to can see the shared files folders of ALL of the computers without a password prompt including on the computer that is having the problem I have never seen this form of quot one way quot sharing issue where the computer in question cannot connect but everyone else can I have tried all the usual stuff changing Secpol settings changing adding users of the same name password on the different PCs changinng the advanced sharing settings to disable password protection deleted added new credentials nothing works I am about at the limit and ready to try reinstalling windows I dont really want to I am running this off a Sandforce SSD OCZ Vertex and I dont really want to have to keep rewriting s of gigabytes worth of data to attempt a fix

A:Enter Network Password: win7 to win7 networking

Dear Bogolo,

your question is not clear what do you mean by

that 4th computer, which is the trouble computer, only has problems when it tries to connect to a specific computer on the network. It can connect and see the shared files on the other 2 no problem.

also, the computer I am having trouble connecting to can see the shared files/folders of ALL of the computers without a password prompt, including on the computer that is having the problem.

can you please re post your exact question.

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185204-enter-network-password-win7-win7-networking.html
Relevancy 46.87%

DT desktop wired LT laptop wireless DT - Windows Ultimate x main PC DT - Windows Vista x LT - Windows Ultimate x LT - Windows Home x work laptop -All on the same workgroup- -All run through D-Link Router- My issue I recently upgraded DT to win x from x and now cannot network or homegroup to any of my other computers or wireless printer Networking was fine in network to Win7/ Win7 with refuses Vista win x I have tried many Win7 refuses to network with Win7/ Vista internet solutions without success LT and LT homegroup with each other and network with DT just fine DT is the only PC excluded from this I have all my sharing settings set and I have gone through the network set-up many times fiddled with my router settings a little bit but came up with nothing When I search for other PC's on my network from DT I find no other PC's or the wireless printer When I search from any other PC I find and have access to everything except Win7 refuses to network with Win7/ Vista DT I have Sophos Anti-virus and firewall disabling the firewall makes no difference windows firewall already disabled I cannot see the wireless printer in the 'network discovery' but it shows up when I need to print and prints just fine When I go to control panel network and sharing and click the quot see full map quot I can see LT and LT as wireless items so they do exists but what gives Thanks for your time on this Caspersim

A:Win7 refuses to network with Win7/ Vista

Quote: Originally Posted by Caspersim

DT (desktop, wired)
LT (laptop, wireless)

DT 1 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (main PC)
DT 2 - Windows Vista x86
LT 1 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64
LT 2 - Windows 7 Home x64 (work laptop)
-All on the same workgroup-
-All run through D-Link Router-

My issue: I recently upgraded DT 1 to win7 x64 from x86 and now cannot network or homegroup to any of my other computers or wireless printer. Networking was fine in win7 x86. I have tried many internet solutions without success. LT 1 and LT 2 homegroup with each other and network with DT 2 just fine, DT 1 is the only PC excluded from this. I have all my sharing settings set and I have gone through the network set-up many times, fiddled with my router settings a little bit, but came up with nothing.

When I search for other PC's on my network (from DT 1) I find no other PC's or the wireless printer. When I search from any other PC I find and have access to everything except DT 1!

I have Sophos Anti-virus and firewall, disabling the firewall makes no difference (windows firewall already disabled).

I cannot see the wireless printer in the 'network discovery' but it shows up when I need to print and prints just fine.

When I go to: control panel\ network and sharing and click the "see full map"
I can see LT 1 and LT 2 as wireless items, so they do exists, but what gives?

Thanks for your time on this.

Caspersim

I am a bit confused. In the above you say homegroup, and workgroup. It has to be one or the other. Which one is it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/135488-win7-refuses-network-win7-vista.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi

I have tried searching the forums and tried all possible solutions but none of them seem to work.

My setup is as follows:

"Server":
Windows 7 Professional x86
Connected to Draytek 2820n MIMO router with Gigabit Cat6 cable (Win reports 1Gbps)

(brand new) Laptop:
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
Connected to the same router wirelessly 802.11n (Win reports 300-450mbps)

Router:
WPA2 AES

I seem to have a problem with server to laptop transfer speeds which look to be capped at approx 3-3.5 MB/s. It seems too low for a 802.11n speed to me!

I feel like I have tried everything:

1. Removed antivirus, disabled windows firewalls on both computers
2. Removed Remote Differential Compression on both computers
3. Disabled autotuning
4. Tested server's HDD with SeaTools
5. Disabled IPv6 on both computers
6. Disabled Large Send Offload in NIC's advanced properties on the server
7. Screenshot from NetCPS is attached below

Any help would be much appreciated!

A:Win7 to Win7 slow network transfers

A question if i may, how far away is the laptop from the wifi router?

Distance affects transfer speeds tremendously...

As an example, I've a laptop hooked up via GbE (1Gbps) using CAT-6 cables to a router that is transfering files to another laptop thats using Wireless N @ 150Mbps..

When the laptop on wireless in right on top of the router i get 8 - 10 MB/s speeds, when it's in a room separated by a couple of walls, it drops to as low as 2-3 MB/s..

Physical obstacles and distance from the router are two major factors... Also try to rule out interference from any other 2.4 GHz devices in the vicinity.... Any other wireless networks in the area using the same channel perhaps? If so, try changing the Upper and Control channels to a different number in the router configuration....

Getting 300+ Mbps requires a dual band 2.4GHz channels which may be impinging on the spectrum that other nearby networks are using.... leading to interference and poorer than expected performance...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/203917-win7-win7-slow-network-transfers.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I got Win7 on both my laptop on PC.
I set the network, and computers see each other
but, when I try to access the shared drive, I'm getting this message: Image 1324847505-clip-35kb.png

My user permission set like this: Image 1324847635-clip-25kb.png

I do able to access to "users" folder on each PC. I compared the permissions, and they look the same.

Any idea what might be wrong?

A:Solved: Win7 to Win7 Network issue

You should be able to share a drive as well as a folder. Some people (for reasons unknown) had trouble sharing a drive with Vista. Maybe some people are suffering a similar problem with Windows 7. How to Share the Root of a Drive Under Vista may help with your Windows 7 issue. Don't be put off by his first three paragraphs of ranting; he does get to the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win7-to-win7-network-issue.1032904/
Relevancy 46.87%

but, when I try to access the shared drive, I'm getting this message: Image 1324847505-clip-35kb.png

I do able to access to "users" folder on each PC. I compared the permissions, and they look the same.

A:[SOLVED] Win7 to Win7 Network issue

Try this..

Quote:

Open Network and Sharing Center by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, and then clicking Network and Sharing Center.
If network discovery is off, click the arrow button to expand the section, click Turn on network discovery, and then click Apply. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
If file sharing is off, click the arrow button to expand the section, click Turn on file sharing, and then click Apply. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
If Public folder sharing is off and you want to share files by placing them in the Public folder on your computer, click the arrow button to expand the section, click Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can open files or Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can open, change, and create files, and then click Apply. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Enable file and printer sharing

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-win7-to-win7-network-issue-620324.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello This is my firt posting here I hope someone can help me I connected two notebooks via a TP-Link Win7 connection Win7 Network Slow between and router Wlan g The first computer is a brand new Samsung RF Win Home Premium bit with Intel I GB Ram The second is a year old HP Pavilion DV device with Win Home Premium bit It dosent matter if i connect via Homegroup or direct over the network to the files The speed Slow Network connection between Win7 and Win7 of transmission between the two computers is about - KB Sometime i get about Slow Network connection between Win7 and Win7 - KB But no idea why I guess i should get at least - MB If i click over the network on a movie file only one clock - no double click windows explorer need about - seconds for read the filedatas While this happen Windows Explorer get slow Fluid browsing in from folder to folder is not possible So whats Slow Network connection between Win7 and Win7 wrong with Win On the Samsung notebook installed a virtual XP If i access with XP to the datas it is very fast Doubleclick a movie and he start withinh - seconds I spent some hours to find a solution in the internet I saw there are plenty of users with the same problem I try alot things like netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel disable disable remote differential compression and many things more Turning off Firewall and Avast Antivirus Nothing helps I change also from DHCP to static IP I checked all the drifer and firmware Everything is up to date For me Win is a backstep

A:Slow Network connection between Win7 and Win7

Try resetting your WINSOCK catalog:
Winsock entries tells Windows 7 how to access your network services.
Additionally, your TCP/IP protocol can be corrupted.
The TCP/IP protocol is a stack of 4 layers that includes several transport layers.
When this stack is corrupt you will constantly have connectivity issues.

Open a command [CMD] prompt with admin privileges,
then execute these commands:
netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries)
netsh interface ipv4 reset (reset TCP/IP stack)
netsh interface ipv4 reset

Can't remember where I found this online - but it has helped me with network browsing in the past.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/180336-slow-network-connection-between-win7-win7.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am looking at getting new CPU and don't know which way to go.
Windows7 64x or windows7 32x. My Notebook is Win7 32 can I network together with no problems (well almost no problems)

A:Network 64bit win7 to a 32bit win7

they will network just fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/79052-network-64bit-win7-32bit-win7.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I use a Comcast broadband gateway, say that this network is called 'Home'.
Connected to the 'Home' LAN I have multiple PC's, a Wii, and a Linksys E2500 Router.
Connected to the Linksys routers LAN I have 1 PC and 1 network storage device. I would like to map a network drive from a PC on the 'Home' LAN to the storage device on the Linksys router LAN.
The PC on the Linksys LAN is mapped just fine to the storage device because it's on the same LAN, I cant seem to connect anything from my 'Home' LAN to my Linksys LAN. Is it possible to do this type of mapping?
Both PCs use Windows 7.

roadmaster

A:How can I Access a Child Network From a Parent Network in Win7 64bit

Why did you add a second "router" (i.e. the E2500)? You describe only a PC and NAS connected to it, which I assume are both wired-connected to the E2500. Doesn't sound like you need any of the wireless capabilities of the E2500.

What you really should have done is get a "switch", not a router, to satisfy your needs to connect that PC and NAS. A switch has none of the firewall and security features that a router has. It's simply a "port-multiplier" which has one upstream connection port (say to a wired port on your primary Comcast gateway, i.e. modem + router combined), same as your E2500 is currently connected through its WAN port to your Comast router. The switch also has an additional number of downstream ports, to allow devices in its physical vicinity to be wired-connected, same as your router did. So to the downstream wired devices currently connected to your E2500 the "switch" device looks identical, and provides the identical access to the Internet.

But the switch will provide unblocked access to all other devices on the primary LAN hosted by itself as well as by the Comcast router. And it will also provide unblocked access to all downstream devices, to any upstream device (like your first computer). Everything connected through the switch appears identical to how it would look if connected directly to the primary router, and access between ALL devices is now possible and unrestricted by firewalls and security (since there's no second router involved).

The net effect is to provide wired connection of all the downstream devices to the primary router, as if they each had their own individual wired connection to the primary router. But they don't each have their own wired connection obviously, they're simply sharing the one upstream connection from switch to router, splitting the bandwidth (of that one upstream connection) as needed whenever they need to.

So, using a simple inexpensive reliable "gigabit switch" such as the Netgear GS105 instead of your E2500, you would connect the same cable between the Comcast router and your current E2500 to one of the ports on the GS105. Then you'd connect your second PC and the NAS to two more ports on the GS105. Bingo, presto, the second PC and NAS are now part of the primary Comcast LAN's attached devices, exactly as if they had been connected directly to one of the wired ports on the Comcast box.

That's my suggestion. A home LAN with two or more routers isn't "friendly" because of the firewall and security issues (which can be disabled, but really shouldn't come into play at all). You simply want the "port-multiplying" function of a "switch" at the remote room locations around your house, to provide additional wired Internet connectivity (say to smart TV's and players) where you have only one ethernet cable run to that room.

The multiplexing effect of a switch provides no greater than the upstream maximum speed to any of its downstream connected devices, but as long as they're not all working at the same time you might as well have full speed to each downstream device. Otherwise, they will "share" the upstream bandwidth.
NOTE: if you actually do need wireless capability in the neighborhood vicinity of that GS105 switch (which itself only has wired capability) because the wireless range of your primary Comcast WiFi router doesn't reach far enough with sufficient connection quality and speed, you can add an inexpensive "wireless access point (WAP)". This is another form of "switch" which includes both wired and wireless capability (like a WiFi router). The wireless network radiating around the WAP is a SECOND wireless network in your house, and is facilitated by the wired connection between the WAP and the primary router.

If you need this (i.e. remote WiFi to areas of the house where the primary WiFi network can't get to), we can talk more about it. But th... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/355300-how-can-i-access-child-network-parent-network-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I've freshly installed Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit on my system that previously had Ubuntu installed, and prior to ubuntu had win7 ultimate installed. With the fresh install of win7, I receive an unidentified network/no network access issue.

Heres a list of things ive tried:

- reset the network adapter
- restarted the modem and the router
- messed around with homegroup
- reset tcp/ip
- tried connecting to a specific ip/dns/default gateway (which i retrieved with a laptop)
- ip /release /renew although i wasnt successful

Ive tried almost every single thing I could find on google. Nothing works. I connect fine on ubuntu and I connected fine on ultimate.

I havent tried installing drivers though. Because I cannot access the internet on that machine to install those drivers. Help is much much appreciated as I am tired of ubuntu.

Thanks,

j

A:Fresh install of Win7 *unidentified network/no network access*

Welcome to the forums bietzshe,

I don't know much about 7 Enterprise, but I imagine you would need to install the Lan/Network drivers for your Motherboard.
Is your motherboard the P67 FTW? Do you have a driver CD for it? If not then you will need to head over to EVGA - EVGA Download Center find your motherboard from the drop down list and download and install the Network driver there.

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292757-fresh-install-win7-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 45.15%

A:Win7 to Win7 Network issue

Try adding whatever username you use on the PC to the list of users on the laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/204441-win7-win7-network-issue.html
Relevancy 45.15%

For some time now my internet would be fine for 1hour after booting up my computer and then the network would then fail to be recognized. I have followed multiple tutorials on the internet, with countless suggestions, where other people have had the same problem. Some seem to fix the problem for a short time and then it comes back a week later.

Currently I am having to use my phone to connect to the internet.

Any changes I have made to try and fix it I have reversed. Except when I formatted my PC to try and fix it but again was only temp fix.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Willing to remote if needed but do not know how good the connection would be through my phone.

Many Thanks

A:Unidentified Network - No Network Access - Win7 64bit

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would help me to diagnose this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243224-unidentified-network-no-network-access-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Windows computer with Lotus on it and I need to transfer Lotus and all it s files and emails and the encryption key to the Windows computer I do not think that Windows will recognize Lotus so I had the idea to partition the Windows computer and install Windows on one of the partitions thus making it a dual boot computer then install Lotus to the Windows partition My Win8 Boot Software a Dual To 8.5-How from Win7 Computer to Win7 on Transfer Win8Lotus problem is Windows is already installed on the computer and Windows website warns not to install the Dual Boot Win7 on a Win8Lotus 8.5-How To Transfer Software from Win7 to Win8 Computer older operating system second Windows website warns quot You must install Dual Boot Win7 on a Win8Lotus 8.5-How To Transfer Software from Win7 to Win8 Computer the older operating system first and then install the more recent operating system If you don t for example if you install Windows Vista on a computer already running Windows you can render your system inoperable This can happen because earlier versions of Windows don t recognize the startup files used in more recent versions of Windows and can overwrite them quot What should I do I have found some information on installing Windows as a second operating system on a Windows computer thus creating a Dual Boot computer and giving you the best of both worlds and full app compatibility as some of your Windows applications may not be supported in a Windows environment Thank you nbsp

A:Dual Boot Win7 on a Win8Lotus 8.5-How To Transfer Software from Win7 to Win8 Computer

you question is mainly about how to setup a dual boot on windows 8 PC

do you have an installation CD for windows 8 and for windows 7 ?

i will move to windows 8 forum and need to change the title a bit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-boot-win7-on-a-win8lotus-8-5-how-to-transfer-software-from-win7-to-win8-computer.1116460/
Relevancy 44.72%

I found a used desktop Dell Inspiron on a facebook sale group - only First thing I notice This copy of Windows is not genuine But bought "not on Win7 product case genuine", used Win7 computer, sticker it has a proof-of-license sticker on the casement Turns out the installed Windows is Ultimate and the sticker is for Home Premium Tried anyway but it was rejected Installed Win Ultimate Product Key Win Home Premium I got a popup window You must either run Win Setup or enter bought used computer, Win7 "not genuine", Win7 product sticker on case a Win Ultimate product key Not knowing much about computers bought used computer, Win7 "not genuine", Win7 product sticker on case I have no clue how I need to proceed I'd really like to wind up with a genuine copy of windows because apparently auto update will not work without it The computer works with non-genuine copy of windows but is extremely slow and has to be hard booted to turn off and besides I don't want to fool with an illegal copy of Windows Certainly I'd rather have Ultimate but Home Premium is good enough But don't I have to have the disk to run windows Home Pr Setup Any possible options greatly appreciated

A:bought used computer, Win7 "not genuine", Win7 product sticker on case

You're needing to find a Windows 7 Home Premium ISO from a well-known well-respected source.  If you ever want Ultimate, you're going to have to purchase a license, either for an OEM or for a Microsoft 32/64 pack.  After you have legalized the Home Premium, you probably can purchase an upgrade [from Home Premium to Ultimate] for a pretty good price, make sure of your source!  You want a legal version of Ultimate.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613731/bought-used-computer-win7-not-genuine-win7-product-sticker-on-case/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone.
Ok after growing tired of seeing my 2012 laptop run faster on windows 7 than my 2015 lenovo, i decided to install windows 7 on it as well.
After solving enough problems (burned a dvd since the usb port was not recognized by the windows installer once it started running, changed some stuff in the bios from Win8-ideal to Win7-ideal to get the installer to load in the first place, tried 3 different versions of win7 because one never went above 0% progress).
When i was finally able to install windows in a partition (im keeping half of my drive available for installing Ubuntu in the future), I got it to load and the computer reboots. Haven't tried safemode yet (this was yesterday at midnight).
Has anybody come across this problem? What can i do? I'll provide whatever specific details im asked. Thanks in advance!

A:Bought a computer with Win8, installed Win7, now reboots when Win7 Loads

Can you get to the Windows desktop?If so: Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:Report Set #1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be experiencing BSOD's) so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum)   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/FYI - I don't often use the Perfmon report, so if it doesn't work please just let me know.NOTE:Please zip up the (.ZIP) files - do not use .RAR or other compression utilities. .ZIP is the type file that can be uploaded to the forums.Report Set #2)  Please do the following:- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."- save the file as Admin.evtx- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  SpeedFan v. 4.5.1 and later (free from here:  http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php ) can log temperatures in a CSV file:To make it work you have to do BOTH of the below:1. Enable logging in general: Configure...Log...check "Enabled" then click on OK to save.2. Enable logging for specific checks: Configure...Temperatures..left click on each sensor, then click on "Logged" at the bottom of the Window (for our purposes we want them all) then once you've selected "Logged" for all sensors, then click on OK to save.The log will be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedFanNaming: log files are named SFLogYYYYMMDD.csv, where YYYY is the year (four digits), MM is the month (2 digits, zero padded) and DD is the day (2 digits, zero padded). If a file already exists by that name, the file that already exists is renamed according to the following naming scheme: SFLogYYYYMMDD-CCCC.csv, where CCCC is a increasing number. The new file is then created with the standard file name scheme.Notes: whenever you change the options related with logging, SpeedFan starts a new log file.NOTE:You may want to turn logging off when we're done - as I don't know it's impact on performance or on the system. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625237/bought-a-computer-with-win8-installed-win7-now-reboots-when-win7-loads/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi i have recently made hardware changes to one of my computer the build now looks (win7) unidentified network-no network access like this AMD - x - black edition Mobo - M N -VM unidentified network-no network access (win7) I formatted the drive and a fresh install of windows When the computer starts up for the first time all the drivers install properly but in the bottom left i have a message unidentified network-no network access (win7) saying unidentified network - no network access I have searched around online for possible solutions and here is what i have done so far - uninstall network driver and restart computer - made sure my internet protocol V is set to obtain ip automatically - reinstall windows - installing drivers for m n -vm manually I have computers on this router none of which needs the network connection to be set up with setup wizard This computer wont connect though I m all out of ideas as to why Windows IP Configuration Host Name vincent-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - - C-C - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ce cc a d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -C - - - C-C - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B E-DFB - FC -A EB- FB DD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I can see that i don t have a default gateway When i try to make changes to internet protocol of ipv i choose an ip with the same first digits as the other computers in my house and setting the gateway to the same one as the others When i do this it freezes and says not responding nbsp

A:unidentified network-no network access (win7)

Do not start multiple threads on the same topic. You have replies here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-no-network-access-win7.968050/
Relevancy 44.29%

sorry about the long post but i don t know of any other way to get these questions answered i have had for some time a home network consisting of desktops all with win XP and they share a common printer i just recently got a laptop with win starter with wireless internet con i would like to network the new laptop with win starter to my existing win XP network but windows starter says i can t without spending some more with microsoft in win to to control panel gt homegroup gt introducing homegroup it says quot you can t create your own homegroup with this edition but you can join one created by someone on your network who is running win home premium quot questions does this statement mean that PC's network existing PC to starter win7 to win containing 3 XP network if i bought the full-blown ver home premium i could then install it on one of the three computers and create a homegroup and then be able to share files and printer with the laptop that contains win starter keeping in mind i need to network all computers and the printer would i have to install the win home premium on all three of the computers or could i just install it on one and leave the other two with XP to install home premium on all three would i have to puchase a license for each pc or would i be able to install it on all three for the same nickel i also notice i could upgrade the win starter to home prem for about depending on where i buy it if i bought the upgrade and installed it on the laptop could i then create a homegroup that would allow sharing of all pc s and the printer i did do a forum search found several that were close but nothing that would help i m just looking for the cheapest way to network everything together - if anyone can think of a better than what i m considering i m all ears any help app roger nbsp

A:network win7 starter PC to to existing network containing 3 win XP PC's

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-win7-starter-pc-to-to-existing-network-containing-3-win-xp-pcs.1000540/
Relevancy 43.86%

--edit see my second post This is supposed to be easy OK first I have a desktop win pro I never thought I'd own a laptop need networks so I might have disabled something at some point I've disabled everything I don't need for performance reasons - game graphics rig It has ethernet connections is to modem is open I recently bought a laptop win home pro prem desktop/win7 home issues network home win7 premium So time for file sharing Bought a crossover network cable Trying to set up a home network Works on the laptop but going through all the troubleshooters and all I get on the PC is 'cannot add home network to this computer' I can see and get into my PC from the laptop but the PC won't register a network OR my laptop I win7 home prem desktop/win7 pro home network issues actually want the opposite as it's easier to use the PC for transfers work etc None of the troubleshooting in Win Pro PC is working any ideas I've set both clocks to internet time I have everything open to file sharing on both machines edit I did just notice that when I turn on file and printer sharing in network amp sharing advanced settings and hit save changes everytime I reopen the window it's set back to off Doesn't matter how many times i turn it on and save it always gets turned off again

A:win7 home prem desktop/win7 pro home network issues

Quote: Originally Posted by Baddcog

This is supposed to be easy?

OK, first I have a desktop, win 7 pro 64. I never thought I'd own a laptop, need networks so I might have disabled something at some point.
(I've disabled everything I don't need for performance reasons - game/graphics rig)

It has 2 ethernet connections. 1 is to modem. 2 is open.

I recently bought a laptop, win 7 home premium 64.

So time for file sharing. Bought a crossover network cable.

Trying to set up a home network. Works on the laptop, but going through all the troubleshooters and all I get on the PC is 'cannot add home network to this computer'.

I can see and get into my PC from the laptop, but the PC won't register a network OR my laptop. (I actually want the opposite as it's easier to use the PC for transfers/work/etc...)

None of the troubleshooting in Win7Pro PC is working, any ideas?

(I've set both clocks to internet time, I have everything open to file sharing on both machines)

==edit

I did just notice that when I turn on file and printer sharing in network & sharing/advanced settings and hit save changes,

everytime I reopen the window it's set back to off. Doesn't matter how many times i turn it on and save, it always gets turned off again.

The problem is in bold. Once you disable those services all bets are off on the network sharing being functional until all your required networking services are all enabled and set to automatic.

You shot yourself in the foot by doing that and disabling those services doesn't do much to improve system performance.

The reason that file and printer sharing isn't staying on is because you disabled the service it requires.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/125403-win7-home-prem-desktop-win7-pro-home-network-issues.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Not as easy as the title sounds mind you.

I did some tweaking,
at first I had problems getting to my XP systems.

Now I setup another Win7 System, tweaked it the same way,
and they wont see each other.

I can however, ping the IP's and the computer names.
Also in Nortons Security Suite, the computer came up in
the connections for trust control.
I added it to trusted, and still no go.

Not sure what to check or where to do, as my main system is the same OS and running the same service tweaks.
Also, to mention,
both machines see my XP computers, just not each other now.

UPdated.

I can in the windows address bar, explore, not IE explore..
type \\Computername .. then connect using the username/password of the system.

So I can do all this, but it will not show in the normal networking window.. ??

A:Win7 to Win7 Network

Under Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Advanced Sharing Settings

Is Network Discovery turned on?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/142624-win7-win7-network.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I know I've asked this before (and I'll probably ask it again in a few months). Has anyone found a 3rd party tool to replace the deleted Windows full network map?

I know the Windows tool was not perfect, but it provided a lot of information for each found device (MAC address, IPv4 addrs, IPv6 addrs, etc.). The topology displayed was not always accurate, but it gave an approximation of what was connected to what.

SoftPerfect's NetScan is pretty good, but I'd be willing to pay for a tool that is closer to the old Windows tool. NetScan at least understands IPv6. Many otherwise useful tools don't.

Has anyone heard why Windows dropped it?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45375-network-map-win7.html
Relevancy 40.85%

This office network has happily transferred files between OS 10 and XP for several years. They have just acquired a Win7 machine which asks for a password and user name to access the Mac, and none of the known User name/PW combos work. I even created a new account on both machines with the same User Name/PW and still get a "Wrong User name/PW" message.
I have closed the firewalls, checked all the sharing settings, etc, to no avail. I can ping the Mac from the Win7 machine and it shows up in the network.
What do I need to do to transfer files from the Mac to the Win7 machine?
TIA.

A:MAC Win7 Network

I don't know. I've sometimes had strange errors like that with my Windows 7/Vista/XP systems. Sometimes after trying several times and rebooting both machines it will start working as I think it should and sometimes not.

Maybe there is something in this PC World Set Up Your Home Network, Windows 7 Edition article that will help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mac-win7-network.1075602/
Relevancy 40.85%

Well I have tried everything I have read on line to get the old XP system to "see" the Win7 machine.

There must be a logical step by step, start here guide or system to get this to work. It seems like most people give up and install Win7 on the old pc. I paid good money for that XP (twice!) and I'm not paying more to change it to Win7.

The sort of guide I'm looking for would start at the beginning. What's the first thing to check. Then check this and so on......

I have just one folder shared on the Win7 machine. XP doesn't even see the Win7 pc. Win7 see's the XP no problem since I added the patch on the XP machine

Here is my set up.

Thanks for any help.

Menessis

A:Network XP and Win7

Have you gone into the "Network and Sharing Center", clicked the link at the left for "Change advanced sharing settings" and set:
Turn on network discovery
Turn on File and Printer sharing
Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in the Public folders
Enabled file sharing for devices that use 40- or 56-bit encryption
Ideally, both (all) computers should be in the same Workgroup and you should be logged in to all computers with the same Username/Password.

Quote:
It seems like most people give up and install Win7 on the old pc.

I never had any problem networking XP and 7, so there's certainly no need to upgrade the XP PC.

If you haven't already done so, you should install the Link Layer Topology Discovery Responder in the XP PC:

Download: Link Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) Responder (KB922120) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/265989-network-xp-win7.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My newly installed Windows 7 (64bit) does not see my 2 other Vista (32bit) computers on my home network.
Any suggestions?

A:Win7 does not see others on network

I was lazy. All I did was leave the Homegroup on Win 7. Should have thought about it before.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/35816-win7-does-not-see-others-network.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am attempting to set-up a Windows Workgroup network between a Win7-SP1 computer (1) and two XP Home-SP3 computers (2 and 3). All have the same network name.

-Computer 1 can see all computers and access 2 and 3,
-however,
-Computers 2 and 3 can see all computers, but can access only each other, not computer 1

When I attempt to access computer 1 from either 2, or 3 I get the old "\\computer\ is not accessible. You might not have permission . . . The Device is not ready".

Computer 1.
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 12278 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5670, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1895145 MB, Free - 1831076 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 05DN3X, A00, ..CN7441513Q0822.
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

TIA!!
Verne

Relevancy 39.99%

Starting to pull my hair out over this...

Had two 32-bit Windows 7 machines and they networked seamlessly using Homegroup. Have now replaced one of those machines with a beast running 64-bit Windows 7.

For the life of me, I cannot get them to see each other. Here's what I've tried:

both on same wireless network,
both set to Home Network,
tried creating Homegroups on both computers,
not just turned off all Firewalls but actually uninstalled all AV software,
run the Homegroup Troubleshooter many, many times.

Any ideas anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-network-32-bit-and-63-bit-win7-machines.972477/
Relevancy 39.99%

I thought I had the networing complete(win7 to vista) and vice versa. I am trying to set up on wireless network. I did so I thought but, I can do the printers from vista and get on internet. I want to use win7 as primary computer and vista as secondary computer. I have done sharing and permissions on both,the problem is I can't see programs and files from vista to 7; any and all suggestions would be appreciated
thank you

Relevancy 39.99%

I am having an apparently common problem my Windows machine can access my XP SP laptop just fine but though the XP can see the Win it can't access it at all What I get is Win machine is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource yada yada yada I've looked up the topic and this phrase and find trying network XP to nuts Going Win7 to lots of answers some ridiculously complex registry hacks most of them contradicting each other Nothing I've found offers a step-by-step how-to I'm one of those who skipped Vista so I'm not familiar with all the new security When my home network was all XP I just connected a computer to the workgroup gave folder permissions and go I don't use passwords So how do I do it now There are will be a lot of us moving to straight from XP and we need some sort of quot you used to do this now you must do this quot type of guide Thanks for any help and please pardon any frustration This should SO NOT be a problem Ed

A:Going nuts trying to network XP to Win7

First, ensure your workgroups are named the same. I can't remember exactly which SP's made the change but by default some were named WORKGROUP and other HOMEGROUP (I could be thinking of Vista though). Also keep in mind that if you're using Win7's homegroup, that it's IPV6 based and you will need it running on your XP machine. Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/12671-going-nuts-trying-network-xp-win7.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I want to set up an ad-hoc, non-internet wireless network with a printer on one PC that allows others to connect, share directories and print wirelessly. I have a Linksys WRT54G that I want to use as the WAP and router to the ethernet printer or connect to the printer via USB and just use the Linksys as the WAP. Everything I read talks about hooking up to the internet; we don't want to do that. Possible? Can you walk me through the settings on the Linksys to receive clients and allow printing? Already have two main computers set up for Workgroup and the PCs share over a LAN connection, just need to take it wireless. Will be putting the Linksys on the PC with the printer and finding another solution to hook to the other PC.

(Don't think it matters, but both PCs are HP SFF Win7 Pro with on-board 1 Gigabit Ethernet)

Thanks!

CLD

A:Ad-hoc network with no internet, Win7 Pro

You should be able to connect through the wireless router, whether it's connected to a modem or not. You set it up the same as if it was connected to a modem, just skip those steps. (I did it that way with a Belkin)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387688-ad-hoc-network-no-internet-win7-pro.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi guys I've searched this site for this problem but none of the fixed have worked For many years I have WinXP SP on my desktop computer and I had Vista Home Premium bit on the my laptop they would both connect to each other no problem I've had problems with IE on Vista always crashing with no fix available WinXP and Network Win7 so I install Windows Ultimate SP bit on the laptop and it still connects to my WinXP desktop I can't access my Network Win7 and WinXP laptop from WinXP even though both are set to WORKGROUP Now on Win the same as I did on Vista I set every folder I wanted to share with an additional Guest user and set it to read write I also set each folder with Share with Homegroup read write On WinXP I have a shortcut on the desktop Fujitsu-AMILO which is the laptop name which worked before but when I double click now it says Quote Fujitsu-amilo is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the Administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions Logon failure user acount restriction Possible reason are blank passwords not allowed login hour restrictions or a policy restriction has been enforced There is no password set on either system I can do a search for computers on WinXP and Fujitsu-AMILO shows up but it shows the same message when I double click it I've read and checked every option in this thread but the problem still exists Any suggestions will be appreciated

A:Network Win7 and WinXP

On the Windows 7 machine, you should first make sure that you are sharing the C:>Users folder which is a default setting which allows you to share folders which are inside of that particular folder. Picture below.

It may also be easier to put any files or folders you need to share with the XP machine inside the C:>Users>Public folders because the restrictions are eased up on these folders once you share them per the second picture. After that you can place a any file or folder into any of the Public folders on the Win7 machine and they will be shared out with the Workgroup machines.

I'm not sure why you would set permissions for a Homegroup because it's best not to have a Homegroup set up in this instance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/281934-network-win7-winxp.html
Relevancy 39.99%

hello all i'm new to the forums here because i'm having a baffling problem i just can't seem to fix i recently was using Windows beta and about days ago i switched over Unidentified RC Network Win7 and Win7 RC Unidentified Network did a clean install of Win RC after about a day or of no problems all of a sudden i have an quot quot over my network connection and i can't get on the net I cant even access my router when typing in the IP in the address bar im currently on my laptop and its working fine here's what i have done so far tried uninstalling some programs that i installed after i got win rc un installed avira also disabled windows defender and unplugged my connection and plugged it back in still no go restarted my computer after doint this the connection was fine but i went to work and came back and it was having the same trouble again i just restarted my computer now and it's working fine but im sure it will revert in a few short hours i cant explain why i looked for this quot bonjour quot program people are talking about but couldnt find it not even too sure where to look or what it is i have a netgear router im using brighthouse i went to the cmd and typed in ipconfig all not sure if this will be any use but windows IP configuration IP routing enabled no Wins proxy enabled no node type hybrid theres alot more there one says ethernet adapter local area connection i assume thats what is important here's an interesting note at one point it says Lease Obtained quot Tuesday june Lease expires wednesday june not sure what this means autoconfiguration is enabled it shows tunnel adapter sections any help would be appreciated oh and also under properties of local area connection internet protocol v and v are checked and both are set to obtain address automatically

A:Win7 RC Unidentified Network

Quote: Originally Posted by Renzokucant

hello all, i'm new to the forums here because i'm having a baffling problem i just can't seem to fix. i recently was using Windows 7 beta and about 2 days ago i switched over and did a clean install of Win7RC. after about a day or 2 of no problems all of a sudden i have an "!" over my network connection and i can't get on the net. I cant even access my router when typing in the IP in the address bar. im currently on my laptop and its working fine. here's what i have done so far.

1. tried uninstalling some programs that i installed after i got win7rc, un installed avira, also disabled windows defender and unplugged my connection and plugged it back in, still no go.
2. restarted my computer,, after doint this the connection was fine, but i went to work and came back and it was having the same trouble again. i just restarted my computer now and it's working fine but im sure it will revert in a few short hours. i cant explain why.
3. i looked for this "bonjour" program people are talking about but couldnt find it, not even too sure where to look, or what it is.

i have a netgear router im using brighthouse.
i went to the cmd and typed in ipconfig /all not sure if this will be any use but
windows IP configuration
IP routing enabled..... no
Wins proxy enabled.....no
node type ... hybrid

theres alot more there, one says ethernet adapter local area connection:
i assume thats what is important here's an interesting note. at one point it says,
Lease Obtained..........." Tuesday, june 23, 2009
Lease expires............: wednesday, june 24, 2009
not sure what this means.
autoconfiguration is enabled

it shows 3 tunnel adapter sections

any help would be appreciated

Hi and welcome to SF

Im hoping this is an easy one. I wonder if you have re-booted the computer and the router.
That should help the lease expires note

Lets try thata first then we can delve into it more

Hope this helps

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/14117-win7-rc-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 39.99%

This problem has become progressively Issues Network Win7 worse It started out months ago when ever I would try to do multiple things over my network connection on my Win machine the network connection Win7 Network Issues would just die and I'd have to disable enable my LAC to get a connection again This included opening up too many tabs in firefox or trying to stream music off my other PC play a game use vent and web browse etc It seemed to be linked with the of active connections I had Well now it's doing something entirely new and I need help When ever I try to do anything streaming it's just not responding It sets up the initial connection downloads a little bit then just stops responding I can still go to web pages and load them easily provided they're not large pages but if I try to watch a video it only loads parts and doesn't play I tried running the Pandora app I've used up until today without issue and all it does is open load the song then stop I tried streaming audio off my other PC and all it does it load the play list but doesn't play Someone please help me gt lt

A:Win7 Network Issues

Could be countless things, down to the driver you're using for your NIC. (We're talking about a wired pc here, right?)

I'd start by scanning with Malwarebytes to ensure a clean system. Hopefully you're not rooted lol.
Make sure your router is in a relatively cool place and not near the exhaust of pc heat.
Disable any 3rd party antivirus and/or firewall as a test effort.
Disable IPv6 permanently if you do not use Homegroup.
If you disable IPv6, open services.msc and disable IP Helper service.
Permanently disable DNS Client service.
Important: Make sure Bonjour service is not in services or mdnsresponder.exe is not in task manager. Google how to get rid of it if it is.

If nothing helps, I'd consider completely uninstalling any AV or firewall. There is a big difference with uninstalling as opposed to only disabling. Complete removal is necessary for testing purposes.

You could check to see if there is a firmware update to your router as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/29548-win7-network-issues.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello
Is there a way to reset all network settings in win7 like it would have been when clean installing.
I have many issues with my home network that i cant find any solutions to and they seem to be getting worse with time. Before i go into describing everything that is going on and the routers connected i just wanted to ask if there is a way to just reset everything altogether. I was even thinking about formatting and clean installing everything from beginning but that will take me ages and i would really want to avoid that.
Please if anyone know of a simple solution I would be very happy. If there is no such thing i would gladly write all the network and problem details if that would help.
Thanks

A:Network reset in Win7

There are some Steps in the Link below ... Which may help with some common issues .. If they do now Resolve you issue ... Please state what problems you are having with your Network ...
https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=37620

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/352857-network-reset-win7.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I am having problems with connecting my new win 7 computer to my network (all of which are XP). I cannot access my network drive or for some strange reason Outlook. Any suggestions? thanks Brian

A:Can you network with win7 and XP machines

The best luck I have had mixing either 7 or Vista with XP is to use a Workgroup and the default public folders. Enable file and printer sharing. Disable password control. Here's the weird thing.. it seems once you have it set up to use the public folders, then if you share a different folder, it will work with the new folder also.

Don't ask me why but it does.

Don't try to use the 'homegroup' stuff. It won't work with XP. Just use the same workgroup as your XP already has. If you have some kind of domain setup, then I can't help you. I'm not a network expert. Just relating how I got my home systems to "Lan" for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/73505-can-you-network-win7-xp-machines.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi everyone I have Windows Ultimate computers hooked up to a ATT FastAccess DSL line They are in a Homegroup I also have Windows xp Pro computers that are connected to same the FastAccess DSL From the XP can see all win xp computers by browsing the quot entire network quot On one of the Win computers is assigned to Susan Susan Win PC has a Tb external hard drive attached to it I created a folder on the tb external HD Win7 Map Network XP Drives to from called Frank and shared it What I am needing to do is on Frank's Windows XP Pro computer is to Map Network Drive and Map to the quot frank quot folder and have it reconnect at logon Problem is when it goes to map the folder it wants an id password to connect to the quot frank Map Network Drives from XP to Win7 folder quot Map Network Drives from XP to Win7 I can enter the credentials that Susan uses on her PC and the drive will map just fine but I need it to map without asking for any credentials I already tried quot reconnect at logon quot and it shows in explorer but wants a password to reconnect I was thinking if I create a Frank user id and password on Susan's PC then use those credentials when frank tries to connect to the folder quot frank quot from his XP Pro PC then that might work I am not sure Any ideas Thank You Lat Raj

A:Map Network Drives from XP to Win7

Welcome to the forums Raj
Make sure all computers have the same workgroup (not homegroup) assigned
I usually have a similar problem because of a firewall or when one computer is connected to a VPN. Is that your case?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/92669-map-network-drives-xp-win7.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi all for a couple of days I cant connect my other computer to internet it allways said unidentified network I have two computers one laptop working internet and on win7 Unidentified network desktop pc not working I have google it and try many solution but I cant fix the problem This is my ip config all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dragan-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - F- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Unidentified network on win7 D-Link DFE- TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter rev C Physical Address DE-DD- Unidentified network on win7 F-FD- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd cb c b a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F- F-E - - D- - - E- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - F- - C-DD- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A- FC - AD- AFE-A B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A- B- -B D- E F E DA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D - EBE- D - -B E DA A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt if you need any other info I will gladly give P S My internet was working on both computers for a half a year then after some internet provider monthly work it stoped

A:Unidentified network on win7

OK so your wired to the router,

The 169 number on your connection is widows way of saying nothing coming back ie: DHCP not being assigned.

have you another Lan cable that you can use, try using the other Gig Lan that you have. If all fails,

have your laptop next to your desktop and plug the Lan into your laptop and the desktop share your connection on the laptop and see if the laptop gives the desktop a ip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/235419-unidentified-network-win7.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Suddenly, Windows 7 will only see one of the 4 other machines on my network. It was working fine a few days ago. I have tried uninstalling Comodo and everything else I can think of - same result. All other machines show all 4 other machines on the network. My Win7 machine only shows one other machine, which is a Vista notebook. The other 3 machines that don't show up are another Vista notebook and 2 XP desktops. All machines can see the Win7 box and even print through it. What is going on? Why would one machine show up but not others??

A:Win7 Can See 1 But Not Other Computers on the Network

Quote: Originally Posted by mxcrowe

Suddenly, Windows 7 will only see one of the 4 other machines on my network. It was working fine a few days ago. I have tried uninstalling Comodo and everything else I can think of - same result. All other machines show all 4 other machines on the network. My Win7 machine only shows one other machine, which is a Vista notebook. The other 3 machines that don't show up are another Vista notebook and 2 XP desktops. All machines can see the Win7 box and even print through it. What is going on? Why would one machine show up but not others??

Hi and welcome MX

I can assume you are using homegroup for networking. Homegourp is fine if the machines are all win 7 but if not it can be problematic. another problem win 7 has is the use of IPv6. In older networking (XP and early vista) IPv4 was used and was more stable. If you want to change from homegroup to workgroup its pretty simple. Just go into network and sharing>device>properites> ipv6 and uncheck. then add a new network using workgroup and not homegroup

Let us know if you need any help with this and good luck\

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/39762-win7-can-see-1-but-not-other-computers-network.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I network access pc win7 no have three computers that win7 pc no network access have been on a network and see each other fine until this week Computer A Windows x laptop Computer B Windows XP pro laptop Computer win7 pc no network access C Windows Xp home desktop Computers B and C can see computer A but computer A cannot see B or C Computer A can ping B and C but B and C time out when pinging A Computer A can access B and C with ipaddress or computer name but I can t see them under network and B and C cannot access A no matter what The only reason I care about this is b c all of my music is on Computer A and I want to be able to listen to it no matter which computer I am on Itunes wont see any shared libraries on any computer even though they are all on the same network All computers are in the workgroup quot WORKGROUP quot On computer A win7 pc no network access network discovery is on file sharing is on everything is set to share yet it cannot see anything in network in windows explorer except for the router Also in the TCP IPv settings on computer A it is set to obtain automatically but the default gateway in the greyed out area says This is the correct gateway but it shouldn t say anything and I can t get it to go away and stay gone All computers have microsoft client and file sharing checked I am out of ideas I need some new ideas please

A:win7 pc no network access

I take it you can access the internet i would check all your settings in firewalls to eliminate blocking.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357260/win7-pc-no-network-access/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have installed a few win7 pro machines, both in Work Group & Domain mode, and I can not find a way to configure them so that I can browse the Network for shared servers, but not have them show up in Network neighborhood from the other Win7 & WinXP workstations. Havinh a bunch of Win7 workstations (that are not shared and you can not connect to) show up along with the shared servers is cornfusing for the users. Can someone shed some light on this, plz? Is this possible with Win7 Pro? THNX.....

A:Win7 Network Browsing

As far as I know, if a machine has Windows 7 then it will be seen on the network.

You might look into turning OFF the network discovery on those machines that are NOT shared. BUT, then they may not be able to see the "Shared" machines.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-network-browsing.979631/
Relevancy 39.99%

hi all!

i tried to set up a network via a wlan router between my windows7 64bit pc and an imac. everything works fine - only the pc is not visible in the network. i can access the imac from the pc but not vice versa (pc = not visible). data transfer from pc to imac is ok. from my smartphone i can see all the network devices at my place - again, the pc is not there. any clues?
regards,
markus

A:win7 invisible on network

Quote: Originally Posted by 149047

hi all!

i tried to set up a network via a wlan router between my windows7 64bit pc and an imac. everything works fine - only the pc is not visible in the network. i can access the imac from the pc but not vice versa (pc = not visible). data transfer from pc to imac is ok. from my smartphone i can see all the network devices at my place - again, the pc is not there. any clues?
regards,
markus

Are you using "homegroup" for networking??? On mixed networks you should be using "workgroup" as it is much more stable and uses IPv4 instead of the IPv6 that homegroup uses.

To test that simply create a new network connection using workgroup. If it works You can disable IPv6 and kill network

Let us know if you need help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/91749-win7-invisible-network.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Friend has an old computer. I put XP on it, but could not find drivers for the onboard video and sound devices..
So I figured that, because I did not need to install any drivers when I upgraded my desktop to 7, that it would work on his.

However, the computer doesn't have a dvd drive, and I could not get the computer to install XP via usb, so that is out of the question.

When I bought a student copy of 7, I was able to download an .exe.. I did not install it on my computer from the .exe, because I burned a disk, but could I just copy that to a flash drive, put it on the junked computer, and install it as a trial until he gets the product key?

A:Install Win7 with no DVD, network, or USB?

Hi try going to device manager on the xp machine Click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager then go to sound and click the + to expand the view right click on the device it should be flagged with either a yellow ! or red X and choose properties then the details tab and from the drop down list hardware id's and post back the info from both devices ie repeat the steps for video

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/install-win7-with-no-dvd-network-or-usb-541805.html
Relevancy 39.99%

For some time my desktop XP doesn't see my wife's Vista desktop although hers can see mine. Now she has installed release candidate Win7 on her laptop and it doesn't seem to see anything else. I'm not very good with networks. Can anyone help or direct me to some reference material that might help?

Thanks in advance

A:XP, Vista, Win7 not seeing each other on network

Windows 7 tries to create something called a homegroup when it is first connected to a new network. The whole 'homegroup' protocol works only between Windows 7 machines and will make the Win 7 computer invisible to anything but another Win 7 machine configured to be within the same 'homegroup'. You'll need to play with the network setting to get rid of the homegroup and enable the old fashioned sharing model if you want the XP computer to access files on the Win 7 one.

As for Vista, I believe that sharing and security were oomphed a bit and the OS simply doesn't do any kind of sharing by default. I'm not entirely sure if that's the issue for you but it sounds rather plausible.

P.S. To get rid of the homegroup you do the following (preferably while the Win 7 computer is connected to your home network):

- Click on the connection's icon in the notification area
- Select Open Network and Sharing Center
- Select Homegroup and Sharing Options
- Select Change Advanced Sharing Options
- Assuming your home network has been marked as a 'safe' (home or work network) you want to change the options under 'Home or Work'
- Enable network discovery and the anything else you might need (file and printer sharing, public folder sharing, media streaming, etc.). I'd also recommend enabling 128 bit encryption for extra security but if you're still having issue turn it down to 40 bit encryption.
- If you want to do file sharing also choose to use password protected sharing and select the 'Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers' option as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-vista-win7-not-seeing-each-other-on-network.131104/
Relevancy 39.99%

hi,
i am windows certified but , i have not studied about how to install windows 7 in network
with another pc not a server
please would you give the steps for that kind of installation

A:network installation with win7

It should do it by itself when you fire up the computer and it (the OS) finds the Wi-Fi or Cat5 connection.

You will have to set up your sharing on the new machine, but all of the existing ones of the other machine(s) should be found.

NOTE: Windows 7 and Vista like to have a common user account with a password on all machines. These need to be the same account name and password. I use a Admin account, that is my "backdoor" in case my main account get clobbered.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-installation-with-win7.1044363/
Relevancy 39.99%

My friend gave me a computer that had vista on it, but asked me to downgrade it to XP. I did, but I could not find audio and video drivers at all..
The computer is "everex impact gc3500"

So I want to put win7 on it. But, it doesn't have a dvd drive. I have the win 7 disk, iso, and the exe that I downloaded when I bought 7 with a student discount.. Will I be able to do it with just the .exe, or will I need to mount the iso?

A:Install Win7 with no DVD, network, or USB?

Hello wkw427.

Here's some options for you at these links below.

USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

Install Windows 7 FAST without a DVD or USB device

Install Windows 7 from USB Pen Drive/External Hard Disk Using Grub4Dos

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/135919-install-win7-no-dvd-network-usb.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello Network see Win7 my Boxes New can't Helpful People I have an XP box that hosts my hard drive farm via a port replicator It contains my key network drive S SALT All my XP machines were on a workgroup SPICE and all the machines can see each other on that SPICE network and could access SALT All my desktop computers come to a switch The switch also has a router on it New Win7 Boxes can't see my Network that that accesses the internet via a wireless bridge as opposed to a hard line The router is also a WiFi device serving the several laptops My main desktop machine ANISE in my office is a Win box migrated up from an XP installation It was able to see SALT from the beginning and have successfully been able to communicate between this Win box and my network XP box Here is the PROBLEM I have purchased new Windows boxes and they can't see the network of computers They can all access the WiFi and get out to the internet just fine but they can't see the SALT drive New Win7 Boxes can't see my Network or the XP box In the new windows boxes they started out with the WiFi Router as the link between them and the Internet Then I changed the network to a HomeGroup They were still able to get to the internet New Win7 Boxes can't see my Network What I guess I can't figure out is how to get them to see this legacy XP box

A:New Win7 Boxes can't see my Network

Quote: Originally Posted by mclaws

Hello Helpful People.

I have an XP box that hosts my hard drive farm (via a port replicator). It contains my key network drive S:SALT. All my XP machines were on a workgroup (SPICE) and all the machines can see each other on that SPICE network and could access SALT. All my desktop computers come to a switch. The switch also has a router on it that that accesses the internet via a wireless bridge (as opposed to a hard line). The router is also a WiFi device serving the several laptops.

My main desktop machine (ANISE) in my office is a Win7 box migrated up from an XP installation. It was able to see SALT from the beginning and have successfully been able to communicate between this Win7 box and my network XP box.

Here is the PROBLEM. . . .

I have purchased new Windows 7 boxes and they can't see the network of computers. They can all access the WiFi and get out to the internet just fine, but they can't see the SALT drive or the XP box.

In the new windows boxes, they started out with the WiFi Router as the link between them and the Internet. Then I changed the network to a HomeGroup. They were still able to get to the internet. What I guess I can't figure out is how to get them to see this legacy XP box.

When you connected them up to the wireless network, did you select the network to be a "Home Network"? If not, and you selected "Public Network" it would block the ports for services that allow the machine to be discoverable and to discover other machines.

Just an idea.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/125790-new-win7-boxes-cant-see-my-network.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Does anyone know what the executable file is (specifcally in Win 7-64bit) that brings up the "network and Sharing" section in Control Panel or, more specially, the Local Area Connection.

I have a problem child who needs local admin rights to run some software, but I really really really really don't want to give him the opportunity to play with IP settings and the like. I was hoping that, if I could deny him access to this one file or folder, I could elevate him to a local admin without so much worry.

Thanks all!

Relevancy 39.99%

I have WIN bit computer and a WIN XP bit computer I wish to share files between The WIN comp used to be have WIN XP on it and I did have a successful Ethernet connection between the two machines Problems I have status connected on WIN XP but no network connection on WIN I have tried I think just about & WIN7 XP network access every bit of advice I can read about on network set-up but something is just not working I have even tried manual configuration of the IP address under TCP IPv to the same address that worked under WIN XP I had a manual setting under WIN7 & XP network access XP I have turned off all firewalls and set all sharing to yes etc My set-up is like this WIN XP WIN7 & XP network access comp connects to internet and I disable WIN7 & XP network access this connection to connect this comp to the WIN comp for networking I dont want internet connection for the WIN comp to ensure cleanliness as its my work computer Unfortunately all the how-to's for networking are too simple for my problem it seems Does anyone have any suggestions Thanks in advance

A:WIN7 & XP network access

Did you say you have successefully connect the machine through ethernet?

If they can ping one another, you can share files, provied you have allow what ever files to be shared (ie creating shares), use the correct username and password to access each machine, no firewall blackage.

Check this tut our. If you don't care about internet connectio, just don't do the bridging part.

Internet Sharing using Cross-Over cable[2]=Networking Internet

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/49990-win7-xp-network-access.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Heya I have a problem which I was hoping you guys could help me out with I have looked around but can't find anything related to my problem Not the easiest thing to search for either Network with and issues XP Win7 Anyway the problem is this short version first details after A single computer connected through a broadband connection with static IP was working fine first in xp and then after some driver issues also in win However when I tried to connect a different computer it suddenly doesn't work on either computer despite having changed nothing It does however work just fine on this notebook which is running XP Atm I'm stuck with this notebook and can't get either win computer going again - I'm at a location Network issues with XP and Win7 with a static ip connection connected directly to the modem itself which is locked to the ISP specs by a password There's normally only Network issues with XP and Win7 one computer connected here and it was running win just fine I did have similar issues when installing win though it was using a realtek card and the solution was to use older vista drivers to make it work My home computer which I wanted to use instead of the regular one is running fine and works great with my NAT address at home The XP laptop is an older model and it works just fine with either connection Now for some specifics I cannot ping my gateway on either computer running Network issues with XP and Win7 win and if I run a diagnostic it says that quot the computer seems to be correctly configured but the dns doesn't seem to be working quot I've tried pinging an ipaddress directly as well as surfing to it but so far no luck I can ping my own IP on both computers so it's not the cards Both machines are also running double network cards where only one is in use and no connection sharing I have tried resetting the modem restarting flushing the dns reset winsock uninstalling the drivers on the original computer removing the homegroup creating a new connection disabling automatic network discovery and enabling again ofc but so far nothing works I am using comodo firewall on all three computers and also tried uninstalling it on one of them I have also disabled the windows firewall completely The only thing I'm slightly unsure about is the net mask for the connection but seeing as it's working here I'm guessing it's the standard I have no idea what else to try and would be greatful for any help or suggestion on what to do next

A:Network issues with XP and Win7

What weirds me out the most is the fact that all I did to begin with was connect the cable to a different computer and then when I connected to the original computer again nothing is working :P

I also forgot to mention that I have tested with a different cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/127189-network-issues-xp-win7.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I feel like noosing myself after browsing this and other forums on how to network between windows and Vista God forbid you have an XP machine as well for the kids Is there no way network myself noosing WIN7 over to set up a STANDARD network like we used in Vista - through Windows I cannot find noosing myself over WIN7 network anything using a somewhat standard network on WIN through wireless connecting to Vista XP or three Media Centres I have Home wireless media centres that noosing myself over WIN7 network USED to run nicely on my Vista system Streamed everything just fine I updated to WIN on my hub main system and now have to re-network but figured it was all part of the job and just got on with it Whoaaaa up there fella You want a network Well we have Homegroups - how bout that Well no they wont cut the cheese with any of the other systems or the media centres - what else do you have Can I go to classic networking like you went to classic control panel in Vista well no apparently not I can deal with the no printer sharing for a while I can deal with the emailing of docs and files instaed of just drag and dropping them but I cant deal with or rather my kids wont let me deal with the no wireless media centres They are nothing special both - kids and media centres The media centres are all suppossed to be win compatable x Astone x noidea If theres a network on offer they have fund it previously but these cant find the win system They find the wireless modem they cannot find anything beyond that PLEASE if you are going to respond helpfully give a fools guide dont just say try advanced settings or like i saw on another website where some goose replied quot thank god it has classical settings quot Bach anyone Any help would be appreciated Or vote on the poll should I noose myself Oz

A:noosing myself over WIN7 network

Welcome to SevenForums Oz
Have a look at this link. I vote no. Keep trying it can be done.
Networking home computers running different versions of Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118115-noosing-myself-over-win7-network.html
Relevancy 39.99%

What is Best Non-MS Network Monitor for Win7?

OK... before half of you suggest Perfomance Monitor in Administrative Tools, I'm looking for something easier to use and preferably something that can measure both wired and 802.11x speeds and throughputs.

Once I have a fair amonth of suggestions I will add a poll to this thread!

A:What is Best Non-MS Network Monitor for Win7?

Perhaps you would find Ethereal as being beneficial.

Network analyzer and why you may want

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/32766-what-best-non-ms-network-monitor-win7.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi.I just got Windows 7 Ultimate for my desktop, and I need to set up a network via ethernet cable & ASUS 8 port Ethernet Hub with 2 other Vista laptops.

OK, all of the computers are connected to the Hub.Now I have to run a network wizard or something, and I want to do it from Windows 7(desktop).

What are the steps that I need to follow ? Help anyone ?

A:Network between Vista and Win7

What are you trying to share? One way to do it is with by creating a workgroup. If you need instructions, just ask for them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/34716-network-between-vista-win7.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hope this is the right place to post Seven Forums was great with helping setup two machines got nothing on the following from Microsoft forums IMG file C Users Tim AppData Local Temp moz-screenshot png IMG Running network with Win Pro and XP Home Edition Have one problem laptop that connects to recognizes the wireless router but can't connect to the internet Prior to changing the WEP key for the system this laptop would connect Have another laptop and a couple printers working fine on this wireless router keys changed also on these but the Toshiba laptop will not go on-line The only other thing that changed is the desktops now have Win Pro the other laptop that's connecting is XP Home SP and the problem Laptop is also XP Home SP Have checked and double checked the key it is correct and must be if the router recognizes the laptop in the router configuration attached devices Please suggest what might be going ? Win7 issue & XP network on here and how I can get the laptop re-connected to the Internet On problem laptop Network Connections shows a status of quot Connected quot as does the little network icon in system tray Thanks Tim

A:Win7 & XP network issue ?

So the Toshiba is the laptop that can connect to the wireless network, but not access the internet? Can you try flushing th DNS

C:\ipconfig /fluashdns.

Please provide ipconfig /all details, after. Also provide ipconfig details of the machine that has no issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/64987-win7-xp-network-issue.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi everyone I had a workgroup at home machines all xp pro you could share and print between PRO3 blues... network WIN7 & XP all of them Worked great all the time no problems at all View workgroups on all the machines all the time Purchased new PC w WIN removed old desktop from router put new WIFI card in older PC But I am a little stuck trying to connect Windows to it So far I have my WIN as the main PC wired to router gt modem which I created the workgroup on and my other XP machines are connected wireless to my workgroup name or should I say that s what I want to do Have run network setup wizard on all XP s numerous WIN7 & XP PRO3 network blues... times quot workgroup quot name is the same files and printing shared verified shared folders on each when you click on quot view workgroup computers quot on the XP PC s it says quot Network not accessable you might not have permissions also quot NOT ENOUGH STORAGE SPACE AVAILABLE quot Have created a Homegroup on Windows but cant see my other PC s using quot Network quot WIN7 & XP PRO3 network blues... all that shows up other than the Win PC are the networked printer UPNP and an Xbox for the kids I have a few shares WIN7 & XP PRO3 network blues... on the WIN and it says they are shared when folders are right clicked and you select quot share with quot it has a padlock on quot nobody quot I tell it to share with home goup with read write and it stays padlocked to nobody It shows my workgroup name at the bottom of the Computer window as being correct but in quot Network and sharing quot it says quot Network quot in blue Home network in black Access type Internet HomeGroup joined connections LAN In Network and sharing center I have set Network discovery to on File amp Print to on Even turned on Public folder sharing File sharing connections was using encryption tried - also All XPs are WPA PSK -TKIP Homegroup connections is set to allow windows to manage Password protected sharing is off Clicked Start type workgroup in the Search and choose quot Change workgroup Name quot it s not changed Have done the below many times Have verified my workgroups are the same gone into the Network and Sharing Center selected Change Advanced Sharing settings and made certain the various discovery and file sharing options are available and enabled New PC had Mcaffe suite installed It could see on a network map it has all my devices in the group So I turned off the firewall and still no luck Not knowing my way around Mcaffee I uninstalled it Still no luck with windows firewall off on all PC s in group In WIN s quot network window quot it only see s the WIN PC and the UPnP printer Network adapter is a realtek PCIe GBE I played around with enabling all quot Large Send Offload IPv quot quot Large Send Offload v IPv quot and quot Large Send Offload v IPv quot Still no luck by the way forgot how these were originally set Even downloaded hotfix for Link Layer Topology Discovery LLTD Responder KB on the XP machines Going on third day of frustration and need some guidance Thanks T nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-xp-pro3-network-blues.880805/
Relevancy 39.56%

I am the only win PC on a OSX network cannot and see OSX Win7 server OSX Network- shares server in OSX I have Win7 and OSX server Network- cannot see OSX shares SMB service turned on I do not see windows sharing in Win7 and OSX server Network- cannot see OSX shares the file sharing area Win7 and OSX server Network- cannot see OSX shares of the server admin app on the Mac server Which is weird I have a user account and PW set up with share permissions turned on on both systems I can see my win pc from the Mac I even have a shard folder on the Win pc that I can drop files into from the mac when I am copying files over to the Win pc I can see the mac In the network section of explorer but I cannot see anything like a sharepoint if I click on it even though they are set up I can ping from either the PC or the mac and all packets come back no loss On the win box I have the same Workgroup name as on the Mac I have changed the local security policy to the common mods needed for macs and Win machines to talk to each other firewall is off Homegroup is off file and print and password sharing is enabled From the mac I have to put in a user name and pw to connect to the share on the win machine I have been working on this issue for days on and off it is driving me crazy Any help would be great Local SEC Policy I changed were In NETWORK SECURITY Change the setting from quot Send NTMLv response only quot to quot Send LM amp NTLM - use NTLMv session if negotiated quot Network Security Minimum session security for NTLM SSP Based including secure RPC Clients Change the setting from quot require bit quot to unchecked No Minimum Sent from phone pls excuse spelling Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-and-osx-server-network-cannot-see-osx-shares-532384.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Ok I'm totally new to networks & everything so bear with me.

My computer is the main machine.

I have Win 7 64 & the other computer, which is my buddies is XP Pro 32.

I currently have an N wireless Netgear router that both computers are hooked up via ethernet & my machine also has the N wireless dongle from Netgear, but they dont have drivers for 64 yet.

Now I want to send a couple of files to my other computer which is my buddies. I want him to also be able to send me files, but he tends to surf the net a little less carelessly than I would and I want to make sure when hes sending or receiving info from my particular computer that I dont get a virus or anything.

So how do I set up a network between a Win 7 64 computer & an XP Pro 32 computer, making sure to extra safeguard my main machine?

A:Need to set up a network for file transfer from Win7 64

First make sure both machines are on the same workgroup. My Computer>Properties>Computer Name for XP and Computer>Properties>Advanced System Settings Computer Name for 7... they should both be defaulted to WORKGROUP, you can change it if you want but not necessary.

Now on both machines make sure you have Computer Browser, SSDP Discovery, TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper, Server and Workstation services running. You can check this in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services

Also make sure on both Machines that your TCP/IP v4 settings for WINS has NetBIOS over TCP/IP set to Default or Enabled.

On 7 open up the run command and run gpedit.msc then go to Computer Configuration>Security Settings>Network List Manager Policies Under Network name your network the same as on your other machines(they should be the same) and under Unidentified and Identifying Networks set to private. This will force Windows 7 to connect to the default network you just set in gpedit and bypass the "Network Detection" feature. ( easier and guaranteed to work first time)

Now in Network and Sharing Center under Change Advanced Sharing Settings>Home Network Check Turn Off Network Discovery, Turn On File and Printer Sharing, Turn Off Public Folder Sharing, Turn On Password Protected Sharing.

On the XP machine make sure at least one folder is shared.

Now The XP machine should bae able to see the 7 machine but have no access, and the 7 machine will see the XP machine and have access to whatever you set to share on the XP machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/33089-need-set-up-network-file-transfer-win7-64-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello all,

I recently created a Win7 image in VM Workstation 6.5.3. On the host machine (running Windows XP) I was able to access the internet using a NAT connection. Unfortunately, when I migrated the image to my VMWare ESXi Server (3.5.0), it was unable to connect to the internet.

The error message I get is "Windows did not detect a properly installed Network Adapter...". I'm really not sure what could be causing this issue. The Hardware tab in the VM Settings says that Network Adapter 1 exists and is a VM Network. The Device Status Connected checkbox is checked, as is the Connect at power on checkbox. Adapter type is set to flexible.

Does anyone know if there is a hardware compatibility issue for network adapters for Win 7 images on VMWare ESXi or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Win7 VM No installed network adapter

Over a year and a half and still not a reply ?

It sounds like I am currently ran up against this same issue but i know for a fact I have created a NEW CLEAN BLANK virtual hard drive with Virtual Box ver. 4.1.8 Newest last stable edition . ..

It have got it to work , boot up and all but NO NETWORK ADAPTER HARDWARE FOUND !!!

I have been spending days on this trouble and about to switch back over to vmware player or virtualpc or ....

I can not just seem to find any solution for this delima .

I even tried bridging my Ethernet hardware RealTek NIC card with my Belkin Router to no avail ..

So if anyone would care to shed some light on this i would be very appreciated !

Windows 7 64x Home PRemium - Host Windows 7 64x Home PRemium - guest

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/94348-win7-vm-no-installed-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi All, This worked Ok the last time I accessed the win2K PC on my network some months back.

I have Acer7, AcerVista and Win2k. All with the same logon name and password.

Acer7 can access AcerVista but not Win2K.
AcerVista can access Acer7 and Win2K
Win2K can access Acer7 and AcerVista

So it is only Acer7 that keeps asking for the Password and rejecting it even though it is correct.

Also, Acer7 running TightVNC can access the Win2K system OK so the TCP/IP connection is OK.

Thoughts?

I have searched here and elsewhere and tried everything suggested, but still it asks for the password and rejects it.

Thanks

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi This is my third day struggelig with this problem I've searched around and realize there are to Win7 Vista - unidentified network many with Vista to Win7 - unidentified network the same issue Ever since I migrated to windows I can not get my laptop to connect to the internet The error message is quot Unidentified network quot and when I perform a diagnosis is says quot Local connection does not have a valid IP configuration quot I think I've tried it all with no luck so far I connect directly to the modem with cable I also have dug up an old stationary machine to work with and connected it to the very same network with no problems This is what I've tried Ensure Ip adress and dns are received automatic Restart modem reset button and restart pc swithed cables Tried the rebuild ip stack and winsock commands Checked for the Bonjour program interferrence don't have it typed in ip adress and dns manually deactivate ipv checked the quot do not identify network quot option update nic driver Tried to see if wireless connection works it doesn't typed in the real mac adress and then a fake one getting ip adress from another router turn off firewall disable antivirus Is there a solution to this except reinstalling an old OS The old vista was bit and so was the Win upgrade kit I've read about a possible solution which is to enter a registry key to force dns registration but I don't really grasp it I'm getting desperate and yet more determined to find a solution to this What I'm really hoping for is for someone to say quot Yes this problem was fixed just do this and that quot Thank you

A:Vista to Win7 - unidentified network

Quote: Originally Posted by PeterQ

Hi,
This is my third day struggelig with this problem. I've searched around and realize there are many with the same issue.
Ever since I migrated to windows 7, I can not get my laptop to connect to the internet.

The error message is "Unidentified network" and when I perform a diagnosis is says "Local connection does not have a valid IP configuration".

I think I've tried it all with no luck so far.

I connect directly to the modem with cable. I also have dug up an old stationary machine to work with and connected it to the very same network with no problems.

This is what I've tried:

*Ensure Ip adress and dns are received automatic
*Restart modem, reset button, and restart pc, swithed cables
*Tried the rebuild ip stack and winsock commands
*Checked for the Bonjour program interferrence (don't have it)
*typed in ip adress and dns manually
*deactivate ipv6
*checked the "do not identify network" option
*update nic driver
*Tried to see if wireless connection works (it doesn't)
*typed in the real mac adress.. and then a fake one
*getting ip adress from another router.
*turn off firewall, disable antivirus.

Is there a solution to this except reinstalling an old OS?

The old vista was 32bit and so was the Win7 upgrade kit.

I've read about a possible solution which is to enter a registry key to force dns
registration, but I don't really grasp it.

I'm getting desperate and yet more determined to find a solution to this.
What I'm really hoping for is for someone to say "Yes this problem was fixed, just do this and that.. "

Thank you

Hello PeterQ, and welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Thank you for listing what you have already tried, it will save time. It also tells us you have done some homework! Nice.

There was a missing registry entry in Vista that resulted in an all zeros MAC address, but that was corrected with 7, so unless you did an inplace upgrade from Vista to 7, it is not likely that applies. Please let us know how 7 was installed? "Clean" install? "In-place Upgrade"?

It would be helpful for us to be able to see your 'network' settings. There are several ways to do that. One way is to open a "elevated permission" command prompt (meaning right click on the command prompt icon and "Run as administrator"), then type: ipconfig /all

Then, right click inside the command prompt window and select "select all". Next press "Enter", then in the reply window where you are typing to us, you can paste the ipconfig. You can even edit out any personal info you do not want to appear.

We find pictures are worth a thousand words. Here are some links, if they are of help to you, on adding some to your posts:

Screenshot and Upload using MWSnap

Screenshot with Paint

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html

Cheers!
Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/75366-vista-win7-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi All I ve been beating my head against a wall for the past months with an intermittent networking issue whereby one of my PC s network connection runs extremely slow It will run fine for a month or so then issue strikes It s isolated to one PC the other computers on the network are unaffected I ve found today that the activity sent received is very high compared to other computers i e connection has been enabled for about minutes and sent received values are MB MB and all I ve done is accessed a website It also appears to work fine for the first site I access and the activity level is minimal then I try to navigate to a different page the activity sky rockets and website fails to load or loads extremely slowly The only fix I ve found bit -Win7 64 Excessive activity network is to run a network cable then after a week or so I try the wireless connection and Excessive network activity -Win7 64 bit it runs Excessive network activity -Win7 64 bit as expected I ve just run a virus scan with AVG free Excessive network activity -Win7 64 bit and no threats were found Also run Malwarebyte and didn t pick up any malicious softward The router is a TP-Link TD-W N The wireless card is TL-WN N Windows -bit Any ideas nbsp

A:Excessive network activity -Win7 64 bit

Welcome to TSG:
So are you saying that a wired connection does not have this problem ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excessive-network-activity-win7-64-bit.1007615/
Relevancy 39.56%

i cannot connect to any wireless network..this happened all of a sudden..previously i was using HOSTEL-TP (attachment)..just today i got a new router installed just in my corridor so i disconnected from HOSTEL-TP and tried to connect to boyshostel-5 but i failed to connect...then i tried to reconnect to HOSTEL-TP but i can not connect to it even.
The problem is when i press connect it dont even promt for PWD...i SIMPLY does nothing....

NEED HELP...

A:Cannot connect to Wireless network in WIN7

Can others connect to the new router?

Try turning your wireless switch off/on

Delete the wireless profile:

Click Start > Control Panel > View Network Status and Task under Network and Internet >Manage wireless networks > remove the wireless network

Now when attempting to connect you should get the prompt to enter passphrase

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-connect-to-wireless-network-in-win7-609040.html
Relevancy 39.56%

So I have a NAS setup on my network so that i can share files between all the computers on my Executables over Network [SOLVED] the Win7: network Just joined Win to my network and I mapped the drive so that i can access it easier No problems there I can see everything on the drive and can access everything except for executable files I get an error that it can't find the lt application name gt on the drive It doesn't matter if i run it as [SOLVED] Win7: Executables over the Network administrator or not If i copy the file down to the computer and run it it works like it should However this isn't a very practical solution as i don't want to be copying all these files over All other network sharing and functions work so i don't know what it is i should be checking So I am stuck there Note that this works fine with all other computers on the network which are running various OS Here is some system specs Win Sony Vaio vgn-cr e Linksys WRT N I would appreciate any help that any body can give

A:[SOLVED] Win7: Executables over the Network

Ok, so i got an update.

If i boot into safe mode with networking i can run the executables. So this leads me to believe that there is some application running that was interfering. I uninstalled AVG and completely disabled windows firewall, rebooted and it still didn't work.

I looked in msconfig and there is nothing else to uncheck in the startup tab. This is pretty much a fresh install. So the only thing left would be services. They are all microsoft services so there is no other ones running. I don't have a clue which one it could be.

If anyone has any suggestions i welcome them. I don't bite.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-win7-executables-over-the-network-393087.html
Relevancy 39.56%

We have 30 computers all running XP, we are now due to replace them as they are 10 years old. Would I need to update my Server OS from SBS 2003 before installing Win7 on the clients ?

I know the proper procedure is to upgrade all tech together, back end through to front end, but would SBS 2003 handle and function at 100% ? If I go for an upgrade on the Server OS I would need to upgrade the server hardware to 64bit.

I can see the ????s stacking up !

A:Changing an XP network to Win7 with SBS 2003

According to Windows support there will be some updates required for the server. The link below explains the updates required in great detail.

Windows Small Business Server 2003: Windows 7, Windows Vista and Outlook 2007 compatibility update

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/224217-changing-xp-network-win7-sbs-2003-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello.

Last couple of moths we are migrating machines to win7. And the tendency of our company is to put all printers on network (server 2003). But something happens when we install new network printer. After installing new network printer, all the machines on win7 suddenly have lost connection to the all of the printers they have been connected to previously. And our policy is that users have no installing rights and we tend to keep that. Only solution is to go to the user and log on as admin and connect printer again. Did anybody had similar problems and has a solution or knows whats the problem. Thanks

A:Win7 machine + network printers

Yes we did. Sorry to say the solution was to install a new Print Server on Windows Server 2008 R2. All Windows 7 machines and XP machines have no issues with printers or them sticking.

I hope you find another solution. I will keep reviewing this Thread. -WS

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/140218-win7-machine-network-printers.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Greetings all As the title says our Win desktop with a wireless NIC during boot up reports it is unable to connect to the shared network folders on our WinXP-Pro workstation wired nic After the OS is booted we can left-click on the mapped drive shown with a red X and then navigate the folders without issue also the red x disappears Our other two WinXP-Pro network XP-Pro not connect Win7 does to shares PCs also wired NICs Win7 does not connect to XP-Pro network shares have no trouble connecting at boot up I have read the many threads at sevenforums on the quot unable to connect quot threads tried the suggestions given to the others and have not found a solution One interesting point of observation I do not recall others clarifying if this issue was occurring with their wired or wireless connected PCs So my question Is this issue because the Win OS has finished booting before the shared drives are recognized as available to the OS If this is not the root of the issue does anyone know if I replace the WinXP OS with Win OS HDD rebuild will the XP-PRO PCs have similar issue with accessing the shared folders on the Win PC I appreciate any insight guidance and recommendation all may have in the matter Tumbleweed

A:Win7 does not connect to XP-Pro network shares

If your network is connected ok, that is,
1. You can view all other networked computers from any station
2. You can access anyone of those computers to view shared folder

but you cannot open the folder, then it is a security issue. Check your sharing permissions for your shared folders

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/112394-win7-does-not-connect-xp-pro-network-shares.html
Relevancy 39.56%

NETWORKING PROBLEM I have a networking problem that I do not understand and have been unable to resolve It concerns computers on HOMENET OfficeMain runs Windows OfficeSecond runs Windows Laptop runs Windows XP SP OfficeMain can see but not access OfficeSecond and cannot / Network Home XP 3 Computers Win7 see Laptop Attempts to access OfficeSecond from OfficeMain give The specified network provider name is invalid OfficeSecond can see and access both OfficeMain and Laptop However it has read only access to OfficeMain files Laptop can see and access both Home Network 3 Computers Win7 / XP OfficeMain and Home Network 3 Computers Win7 / XP OfficeSecond Laptop has read write access to OfficeMain files The network map on OfficeMain shows both OfficeMain and OfficeSecond but neither can be accessed by double clicking the icons This returns The specified network provider name is invalid The network map on OfficeSecond shows OfficeMain OfficeSecond and Laptop but only OfficeSecond and Laptop can be accessed by double clicking the icons HomeGroup can be created as a one-off but only on OfficeMain which can see but not access shared libraries Restarting Main or Second sometimes loses HomeGroup connectivity Help And please tell me any additional information actions required Thanks OfficeMain data AV temporarily disabled for fault finding Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB S Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire X Antvirus PC Tools Internet Security Anti-Virus Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

I have a network with to Share Network Xp Win7 Visible Can't But XP Pro SP systems ans - Win Ultimate systems I have them set up on a Work Group with all of the same names and print and file sharing enabled When I Network Visible But Can't Share Xp to Win7 look at the network from the network icon I see the groups name and all of the systems are listed I can share files between all of the XP systems from anywhere including the Win machines The problem is that When I try to access the Win machines from the XP systems I receive the error you are not authorized to access this system I have the systems set up as a work network and have turned off the passwords for sharing Network Visible But Can't Share Xp to Win7 I have completely turned off the firewall and it still won't let me access the Win machines I am listed as the administrator on Network Visible But Can't Share Xp to Win7 all of the machines and they all are set to allow anyone to change things Anyone have any ideas I am pretty sure that this just happened after one of the latest MS updates but I can't seem to find where the problem is Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Network Visible But Can't Share Xp to Win7

Hello gingem,

Try these recommendations:

Create Identical UserNames and Passwords for both computers.

On both computers make sure that DHCP is enabled. http://iyogibusiness.spaces.live.com...1ACB!174.entry

Netbios need to be enabled on both computers.
http://ttcshelbyville.wordpress.com/...os-over-tcpip/

Try accessing the Shared Folder/Drive by using the IPAddress of the computer that you're trying to access.
Click on Start and type \\IPAddress\SharedFolderName then press enter. An alternative to the Shared Folder Name could be C or C$ which is the Local C Drive of the computer if you have the entire drive shared.

Please post an update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139199-network-visible-but-cant-share-xp-win7.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi,
I just did a full install of Win7 Prof. to my Alienware area 51 7500 desktop computer but now I'm unable to connect to the internet.  When I go to the Device manger there is no "Network Adapter listed at all. I went from WinXp 32bit to Win7 32bit   Can anyone help me? 

Here is my system stats Alienware Area 51 7500

AREA-51 7500-R4

1 | 

FULL-TOWER BLACK CASE 2.0B

1 | 

EVGA NFORCE 680I SLI MB

1 | 

D- CORE 2 DUO 2.13GHZ E6400 2M CACHE 1066MHZ

2 | 

PDP 512MB LOW LATENCY PC-6400 AW95

1 | 

SEAGATE 250GB SATA 3G 7200RPM 8MB CACHE NCQ

1 | 

NEC 18X DUAL LAYER DVD±R/W RAM RECORDER

1 | 

INTEGRATED HIGH-DEF AUDIO NVIDIA C55-MB

1 | 

EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE 7950 GT 512MB PCIE

1 | 

MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP MCE 2005 COA

1 | 

ALIENGUISE XENOMORPH

1 | 

CYBERLINK POWER DVD 7

1 | 

OWNER IDENTIFICATION CARD

1 | 

WINDOWS VISTA CAPABLE LOGO

1 | 

AVC PENTIUM 4 DUAL CORE HSF Z9H741K001

1 | 

ALIENWARE MAIN BOARD RGB REV 4

1 | 

CONTROL ELC DIP CARD

1 | 

GX2 G80 DUAL SLOT CARD KEEPER

1 | 

700 WATT OEM ATX PSU REV2

A:Network adapter is gone after Install of Win7

Can you go to the manufacturers website on another computer and burn the network driver to disc and then install it onto your computer?
If not borrow or purchase a USB Network Adapter. That will get you connected to the internet

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530162/network-adapter-is-gone-after-install-of-win7/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi Guys I have following configuration A laptop with Vista Home Premium and a Desktop with Windows Pro both connected together via cabled network Both systems recognize each other on the Lan and with the Vista box I can share + same problem(s) Win7 Vista network on files with the WIN box through Password Access BUT with the WIN box I can't access the files on the vista My Access name and or password is rejected Those PSW are the same on Win7 + Vista on same network problem(s) both systems I use the same home network name on both and on both I have administrator rights I read a lot of possible solutions on this forum but none worked for me so before doing any strange Win7 + Vista on same network problem(s) decision I ask you what can I possibly have overseen Oh yes I also disabled the firewall on both systems but still with no access to the Vista Hopefully you have a solution for me Notice I'm not a network expert so please be clear in the description of the steps I have to do to solute this Thankx

A:Win7 + Vista on same network problem(s)

I'm not sure what Password Access does, but have you tried without that program?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/57181-win7-vista-same-network-problem-s.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I had a bad virus i managed to remove it but some bad ARP or DHCP or WINS entries are still there it's a WINS DHCP workgroup network with XP and Win machines now on my win when i ping my xp machine's IP i get ping success but when i ping the xp by name i get C Windows system gt ping DVR--PRINCESS Pinging DVR--PRINCESS DanceHall with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out The wrong ip which is also out of network XP/Win7 FUBARd network. my virus what could the virus of changed to of made this static entry how can i remove it so virus FUBARd my network. XP/Win7 the DHCP will update virus FUBARd my network. XP/Win7 it my arp -a only shows my router other machines are showing up fine on my network my XP is working fine but can't talk to this specific Win machine - i think it's because this win machine is trying to reply to the wrong IP address so basicly - since i got the virus - i can't see my xp machine from my win my xp can see my win but can't access it suggestions

A:virus FUBARd my network. XP/Win7

You might try resetting both winsock and tcp/ip. Type the following commands one at a time into your command prompt and hit enter. I'm not sure why you are using WINS, I would go with DNS name resolution unless you have a really good reason to use WINS instead.

netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries)
netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack)

Then try these commands> ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew

You might also want to post this at the security center of this forum to get more help with the virus problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/113659-virus-fubard-my-network-xp-win7.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a network Network with Win7 connection problem of computers already running and networked through different platforms e Network connection problem with Win7 g Win Network connection problem with Win7 SE Win WinXP They all use com Ethernet cards using coax network cabling Network connection problem with Win7 I have a new Laptop with win preinstalled The problem is I cannot get the laptop to communicate with any of the other computers It will not Ping nor tracert from Win to the others and I cannot get any of the others to ping nor tracert to the laptop they do ping each other OK on the existing network I have used two connection cable methods each in turn A Hub Netgear dual speed hub with Cat and Peer to Peer with quot X over twisted pair quot Cat Using a Netgear Hub I have used Cat cable from the Laptop to the hub and Cat from the hub to each of the other computers com card s Cat socket Leaving the existing network cable in place I have also tried plugging the cable into the dedicated network Cat socket already on the Motherboard of each computer that is each in turn not all of the computers at the same time However I have also used the hub to connect to three of the computers at the same time via Cat whilst leaving the existing network connections in place and to the laptop I have also tried using a dedicated twisted pair quot X over quot Cat cable from the laptop to one of the other computers peer to peer and tried that with each of three of the computers trying both the Com card socket and the dedicated Motherboard socket each in turn The existing network is on a designated Workgroup Not a Domain no server is involved The Laptop has been given the same workgroup name In none of these tests have I been able to get a Ping through in either direction Nor have I been able to pick up the Network on windows explorer when showing existing members of the network I have tested the quot X over twisted pair quot cable on two of the other computers peer to peer without the existing connection in place and that works fine they talk to one another The laptop has been given a fixed IP using TCP IP The existing network computers are self selecting IP addresses i e quot Obtain IP address automatically quot I have checked the Administrators handbook produced by Microsoft for Win and nothing that I have done in setting up the Win network configuration appears to be incorrect I have tried the auto feature within Win to detect other computers on the network but it cannot find the network I fully understand that Win is completely different to all other versions of Windows The book makes that very clear I would appreciate an advice and suggestions thank you nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

We have two HP pc'c running Win on my home network The wifes' has the ethernet connection and I am connected via a network adapter The connections have been the opposite at one time In the distant past we could both use the printer connected to her pc and see each others files Now I can't connect to the network at all Her pc says she is connected and mine says I am not I have the password I got by asking the pc for it and have tried to log on with it and every other password I have used for anything I get a error for incorrect password every time I my to connect Can't Win7 Network Home would delete the network but can't find a method that doesn't involve more entries than I am confortable making So anyone know why I can't log on or a resonably easy to delete the network and start a new one Thanks as always for the help I get here

A:Can't connect to my Home Win7 Network

When you state "network adapter", do you mean a wifi adapter?

Is the adapter connected through a USB port, or is it a dedicated card?

Have you tried connecting through a Ethernet cable to see if that works?

Is this a laptop or desktop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576706/cant-connect-to-my-home-win7-network/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello how to configure network between xp and win7, i have properly crossed cabel, also in both computers there are in each an additional network card. In first card i set ip 192.168.0.1 and in the second 0.2, but i cant ping each other, can someone help?

A:Making crossed network XP-->Win7

Hi rynio,look this thread.It should help you
Internet Sharing using Cross-Over cable

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/127612-making-crossed-network-xp-win7.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have 5 Acer Revo nettops running W7 64bit. We are a Church with an Internet Cafe. All are Wireless but in a homegroup (or will be).

Have found Fab System Roll-back tool (after MS decided NOT to do SteadyState for Win 7!). Comodo Time Machine.

Now need equally Fab (and equally FREE) software that will automatically install the right software on each PC and how to do that from upstairs in the Office on my Windows Vista 32-BIT laptop?

We are a small UK Charity but want to grow to 10 machines. I need to take about 20 individual games off each ACER (they came with them - grrrrrrrrrr!!!!) How do I do a once on one machine set up and copy it to 5 (and soon to be 10) more?

Thanks so much if you can help me?

David G

A:ADVICE PLEASE: Win7 Network Management

Quote: Originally Posted by Davegre

I have 5 Acer Revo nettops running W7 64bit. We are a Church with an Internet Cafe. All are Wireless but in a homegroup (or will be).

Have found Fab System Roll-back tool (after MS decided NOT to do SteadyState for Win 7!). Comodo Time Machine.

Now need equally Fab (and equally FREE) software that will automatically install the right software on each PC and how to do that from upstairs in the Office on my Windows Vista 32-BIT laptop?

We are a small UK Charity but want to grow to 10 machines. I need to take about 20 individual games off each ACER (they came with them - grrrrrrrrrr!!!!) How do I do a once on one machine set up and copy it to 5 (and soon to be 10) more?

Thanks so much if you can help me?

David G

If I were you, I'd create a base "System Image" on one HDD, then use Clonezilla to copy it over to other lappys... just dont activate the Image before you clone it, or all machines will have same registration key.

However, is it really that big a deal with only 5 machines at present?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/72006-advice-please-win7-network-management.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have had an XP system running for many years on a PC The network is accessible by a wirless laptop I have just bought a new Windows computer running W Professional I plugged it into the router and it worked perfectly So far so good It is my intention to make the W computer the new main computer and will eventually transfer all the data network - problem Solved: Win7 XP files and the printer to that computer The XP machine will then be used as for back-ups so it needs to be able to see everything on the W computer On the W computer I connected to the XP network and can see all the shared files on the XP computer On the XP computer I can see the Solved: Win7 - XP network problem W computer but when I try to connect to it it asks for a user name and password When I originally connected to the network on the W computer I didn t allocate any password In fact in the advanced section I turned off passwords How do I find out what password to use nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Hello I have a windows xp proxy running squid and another machine with windows bits Ip address of proxy is and win is configured with Hello I have a windows xp proxy with unidentified network proxy Win7 running squid and another machine with windows bits Ip address of proxy is and win is configured with Hello I have a windows xp proxy running squid and another machine with windows bits Ip address of proxy is and win is configured with Microsoft Windows Versi n Copyright c Microsoft Corporation Reservados todos los derechos C Users Turno ma ana gt ipconfig all Configuraci n IP de Windows Nombre de host PROF Sufijo DNS principal Tipo de nodo h brido Enrutamiento IP habilitado no Proxy WINS habilitado no Adaptador de Ethernet Conexi n de rea local Sufijo Win7 unidentified network with proxy DNS espec fico para la conexi n Descripci n Intel R LM- Gigabit Networ k Connection Direcci n f sica - -B - -F - D DHCP habilitado no Configuraci n autom tica habilitada s V nculo direcci n IPv local fe ac a b a d Preferido Direcci n IPv Preferido M scara de subred Puerta de enlace predeterminada IAID DHCPv DUID de cliente DHCPv - - - - -A - -FA- - -B - - C- E Servidores DNS NetBIOS sobre TCP IP habilitado Adaptador de t nel isatap A FFE CE- D - A- BC- ED Estado de los medios medios desconectados Sufijo DNS espec fico para la conexi n Descripci n Adaptador ISATAP de Microsoft Direcci n f sica - - - - - - -E DHCP habilitado no Configuraci n autom tica habilitada s Adaptador de t nel Conexi n de Win7 unidentified network with proxy rea local Estado de los medios medios desconectados Sufijo DNS espec fico para la conexi n Descripci n Adaptador de tunelizaci n Teredo de Microsoft Direcci n f sica - - - - - - -E DHCP habilitado no Configuraci n autom tica habilitada s Adaptador de t nel TO Adapter Sufijo DNS espec fico para la conexi n Descripci n Adaptador to de Microsoft Direcci n f sica - - - - - - -E DHCP habilitado no Configuraci n autom tica habilitada s Direcci n IPv d d Preferido Puerta de enlace predeterminada Servidores DNS NetBIOS sobre TCP IP deshabilitado All works fine My machine can go to Win7 unidentified network with proxy internet but i don't know why network icon shows a admiration symbol and network is unidentified How do i can solve this Thanks

A:Win7 unidentified network with proxy

For the unidentified network problem try following the procedure in this post.

Windows 7 Unidentified Network, Limited Access, No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/62630-win7-unidentified-network-proxy.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Under advanced sharing options it's "Turn off password Protected Sharing" but whenever I try to access the other win7 pc, it asks for that system's username / password.. why ?

A:Disable Win7 Network Password

Quote: Originally Posted by Evil Nemesis

Under advanced sharing options it's "Turn off password Protected Sharing" but whenever I try to access the other win7 pc, it asks for that system's username / password.. why ?

There are two passwords. One for homegroup (network password). That lets you log onto the network, you need the users name/pword to get the share.

You can get rid of the network password by using workgroup instead of home group but you are still going to need the UID/pword.

If you really want to be password free you are going to have to take a big hit on security and allow all sharing for all people. Not a good idea.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205239-disable-win7-network-password.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have most of a win bit xp network set up but the xp system can't access files on the win system Here's what works and what doesn't and what I've set up In Win the xp files show in the computer network window and are accessible from there However the xp files cannot be mapped the control panel network map shows an icon and name of the xp system and says quot the following discovered devices cannot be placed in the map quot location xp work network? to How add to win7/xp no explanation is given In the xp system the win files show in network places but when i click them an access denied message appears the win system name is W the xp system name is XP the work group for both is named workgroup How to add xp location to win7/xp work network? to give the xp permission to access the win files in the advanced sharing window i tried to put in the location of the xp workgroup like this but it wouldn't accept it xp workgroup only W appears as a location i've already given permission for quot everybody quot to access the win files but i suspect that is everybody at the w location only how can i add the xp system to advanced sharing section and how can i get it mapped and is there anything i haven't asked that i should do thanks for any help ellen

A:How to add xp location to win7/xp work network?

I needed to fix a security setting. Problem solved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/214982-how-add-xp-location-win7-xp-work-network.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I just got a new toshiba laptop L with windows First thing I did was make the recovery discs Then generaly played with it It found my linksys wireless network and went on line I could see the other computers on and Solved: problems- network Win7 the network I could not print to the network Brother printer hooked up to a windows se machine Got error code x Was not to worried about it would work on it later Next I uninstalled Norton trial software and downloaded Norton from my comcast account At that time I could still see the other computers on the network but still could not print to the network printer on the machine This morning when I booted up the new laptop it did not see the other computers on the network I rebooted it and it did see the network but could still not access the network printer I shut it down and pluged it directly into the brother Solved: Win7 and network problems- print with usb cable It did the driver install and I printed the test page I turned the new laptop off and disconnected the printer When I booted back up it can not find any another computers or printers on the network I tried turning off the norton firewall but No change When my new computer is turned on now my older machines with windows se can not find the network at all A windows k machine can Solved: Win7 and network problems- find the network sometimes When my new laptop with windows is turned off everyone plays well as before Any knowledgeable suggestions Thanks Dave nbsp

A:Solved: Win7 and network problems-

Well after playing around for awhile it became obvious the problem with not seeing the other computers on the network was Norton security. Everthing work fine when I turned off the Norton fire wall. Clicked on the little network icon on the lower right of the main norton window. Edit the network trust to full trust and the computers will appear on the network map. Click on each computer on the map and edit the trust level to full trust. After that you can re-edit the network trust back to "protected".
Still have not worked out the problem with the remote printer. I can install it and print to it. But once I turn off the Win 7 computer and turn it back on, the printer is off line and can not be reconnected to. Will play with it for a couple days and repost. Maybe I will be able to get some help with the printer problem.
Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win7-and-network-problems.905884/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a home network with win7 pc's - a mix of home and pro. I used to be able to connect to all the computers across the network OK. but recently, one win7 home pc has become recalcitrant, refusing to allow other pc's on the network to log on to it. it keeps asking for credentials (user/password), but rejects what I know are the correct credentials and throws the "use another account" box on the screen. I know they're the correct user and password because I can log on and off the pc locally.

I gotta be doing something wrong, but heck if I know what it is. perhaps someone in the big brain-trust here knows?

A:win7 pc won't accept credentials across network

Be sure that the User "name" you are using is correct. If you changed it since building the computer.

I ran into a problem when I renamed my wife's computer to "Karen" (when I setup the computer I named it "user1"). So when I see her computer on the network it says Karen, but the credentials for network access are still looking for "user1". Run "net user" at a command prompt to see what the system thinks is the User name.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/372898-win7-pc-wont-accept-credentials-across-network.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I work in Solved: XP with & printers in network 2 Win7 a small print copy shop For some time we Solved: Win7 & XP in network with 2 printers ve had a simple system a single XP machine printing to a couple of printer copiers connected by ethernet cable The XP Solved: Win7 & XP in network with 2 printers often needed several reboots a day a lot of the problem came from having to run too many programmes at once Word Excel Firefox as standard then probably Photoshop Illustrator Quark Then somebody comes in and wants a Publisher file printed or a mB Photoshop file and everything grinds to a halt The work started picking up recently and we decided it was time to invest in a new faster PC a nice Win x with loads of memory and a terabyte of disc space I knew there were networking Solved: Win7 & XP in network with 2 printers issues between win amp XP but I ve always managed to figure things out eventually It s been three weeks The problem really began the day before the new machine was delivered The XP got hit by a really nasty virus No matter how much I cleaned it off it kept coming back Eventually I gave up and reinstalled Windows And lost connection to both printers I did manage to get the new machine connected to the main printer copier so we were still in business while I figured out the rest Internet access has to be via the XP We re on TalkTalk via a Speedtouch modem No drivers available for Win x I ve managed to get the two machines connected and using the shared internet link but it s flaky Every couple of days the Win machine decides it s on two networks not one the Private network I ve set up and another Public network that it seems to pluck out of thin air When this happens I lose internet sharing from the XP though file sharing is still enabled I m hoping I can figure that one out It s the other problem that has me beat I now have two computers two printers all on a cabled ethernet network From any machine I can ping all the others From the two PCs I can quot see quot both printers at least to the point of being able to query their configuration amp setup From the PCs I can print to the main machine a Xerox colour copier printer Can t print to the other a Canon black amp white copier printer Not even a Windows test page Here s how things stand at the moment XP - DHCP disabled IP Win - DHCP enabled auto IP alternate configuration IP Xerox - DHCP disabled IP Canon - DHCP disabled IP I ve tried various combinations starting with DHCP enabled for all machines then DHCP disabled for all machines This is the only setup I ve found which gives internet sharing from XP to Win plus printing to the Xerox So why won t it print to the Canon Any thoughts Sorry this is such a long post but I ve tried to trim out most of the angst nbsp

A:Solved: Win7 & XP in network with 2 printers

If I were you, I would make a couple of investments (all less than $100). Dump the USB modem. Get an ASDL modem with an Ethernet port. Also, purchase a SOHO router (like a Netgear, Linksys, Dlink or Belkin). Just about any one will do. Follow the instructions on setting up the devices. You will find that the router will hand out IP addresses in a specific range. Note that range.

Now you have a DHCP server on your network and you don't need software to connect. (I.e., it doesn't matter what computers you have on your network; everything will work via TCP/IP). Change all of your computer devices to DHCP. Change all of your printers to a static address, but this is important.

Using the range you recorded in an earlier step, manually assign addresses to the printers that are NOT in the range of the router. For example, if the router assigns addresses from 192.168.0.50 to 192.168.0.100, sent the printers to 192.168.0.200 and 201. Remember that you normally cannot use .1 (the router itself) or 255 (a broadcast IP).

Now, on all you computers, you want to install the printers locally, but assign them to a TCP/IP port. Remember, these are NOT network printers (Microsoft definition), they are local print devices, connected via network.

Using this setup, you don't need to do anything special to the computers, they will work right out of the box. You also don't need any additional drivers and you even have a firewall (of sorts). This setup also has the advantage of not relying on any individual PC or printer. XP failing will have no effect on the Windows 7 machine or vice versa. One or the other doesn't even need to be on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win7-xp-in-network-with-2-printers.1015356/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have just set up a new Win7 computer and am trying to access the HD across a home wireless network from my XP laptop. XP can see the Win7 but it is asking for USER NAME and PASSWORD. I put in, what i think is, my user name on the Win7 in the dialog box and then put in the password that I use to log into the Win7 when I boot it up but it rejects these. I went to look on the Win7 for user name and password and can't seem to find it in PROPERTIES of COMUPTER.

Can anyone help me with where the info it's asking for can be found?

Thanks,

Ken

A:How do I identify my user name to log onto Win7 from XP across network

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Make sure that you have identical user names and passwords on both Windows 7 and XP computers if you wish to access each computer. If you have created and/or own the computers you would have been an Admin and able to create the User Accounts. Here's a tutorial on how to access and create a user account in Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253274-how-do-i-identify-my-user-name-log-onto-win7-xp-across-network.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi,
I have been using a d-link wireless access point for some time now, with a worldbook 1tb networked HD plugged into it, which i used to access/share files wirelessly.

Since upgrading to windows 7 i can no longer access my hard disk files, just not showing in network places. this is the same on any instance of windows 7.. but works fine with an xp machine i recently tested with.

is there any settings in windows 7 that i can adjust here.. nic or otherwise?

thanks guys

A:Wireless network storage and Win7

first of all do you know the ip address of the network drive?
Have you tried creating a shortcut that points directly to that ip?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/197288-wireless-network-storage-win7.html
Relevancy 39.56%

My local network printer is a HP Business Ink Jet 1200DN and it is currently serving 4 computers. I just added a Windows 7 computer to the network, but found the original HP Startup CD will not load the network printer driver under Windows 7. When the the Starter CD is opened and the "install driver" button is hit, a message appears stating that the software requires Internet Explorer (IE) 5 or greater. (My Windows 7 package has IE8 installed, so this error message is bogus.) It is noted that the Starter CD disk loads the printer network drivers OK on computers running Windows XP.

I checked out the HP Windows 7 printer support web page for the 1200DN printer and found that they provide one (1) download driver, which is strictly for the 1200 printer to PC connection using the USB cable. So this download is of no use for installations where the HP 1200 printer is used in network configurations.

A:How to fix Win7 incompatibility with Network Printer

Have you tried using the compatibility manager to install the drivers?

Do not allow the auto run to begin, if it does cancel it. Instead right click on the printers .exe file (setup file) and then click on "Troubleshoot compatibility", a window will open. After the scan tick the box for "troubleshoot program" then tic the box for "The program worked in earlier versions of windows but won't install or work now"

Now pick the version of windows you've used with the printer and it worked fine, if it was Vista sp2 then pick that, if XP sp3 then pick it etc etc.

Then click "Start the program", move the trouble shooter window to one side of the screen, the program tends to open under it out of view making it look like nothing happen, or check the taskbar either one.

Once installed and is working click "next" in the troubleshooter window, select "yes save these setting for this program".

Once done if the error window opens, click "this program installed correctly" and close it.

If the program fails to install or the printer fails to work right once installed do the same thing again but pick a different version of windows to install it as. You may have to try two or three, more? until you hit on the one that works for your printer but one should work.
You might have to uninstall the program before trying again with a different version of windows.

Then keep checking the manufactures web site for updated drivers, naturally if its a fairly old printer they may never offer win 7 drivers for it.

Keep in mind even at that there is a chance the printer will not work right with win 7 but doing as I suggest here should give you the best shot at it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284045/how-to-fix-win7-incompatibility-with-network-printer/
Relevancy 39.56%

Just got a new PC yesterday and cannot Network Issues PC...Help on new Win7 appreciated. connect to my wireless network The network appears in the list of available networks but will not connect After a while of trying Windows says in cannot connect to the hidden network The network isn't hidden I am broadcasting SSID Even more maddeningly once in a while it will connect to the network and Network Issues on new Win7 PC...Help appreciated. show that it has internet access but as soon as I try to connect it drops the connection and gives me the message about the hidden network Right now the computer is on the local network but Network Issues on new Win7 PC...Help appreciated. without internet access When I try to diagnose repair the connection it tells me to restart my modem router I have restarted them more times in the last hours than I have in the last months and it isn't doing any good The connection is WPA AES encrypted From what I have read Win isn't keen on WPA security A lot of the places I have looked for answers say to switch to WEP but I'm not comfortable doing that This is my first Win experience and it is driving me up a wall

A:Network Issues on new Win7 PC...Help appreciated.

Try changing the channel that your Wifi is broadcasting on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/147929-network-issues-new-win7-pc-help-appreciated.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi all network problem WIN7 XBOX / I know this problem have been described some times before but it seems that XBOX / WIN7 network problem I have tried all the workarounds and solutions without getting my problem solved The problem is that my XBOX cannot stream from my computer anymore Here s some facts My computer - Is running Win Home Premium bit and is fully updated - Can quot see quot the XBOX on the Full Network Map but nowhere else except media sharing See beneath - Have all the relevant services on automatic UPNP Media Player Streaming etc - Have media sharing enabled with full rights on the network When editing media sharing right the XBOX do appear but only when quot all networks quot is selected as if it s not on the same network Maybe the presence of the XBOX in that menu is just an old setting cached or something - Is connected to a switch and from there to a fibernet router to the internet the fibernet router is not configurable Internet is running fine - Have had quot Homegroup quot enabled and disabled without any difference My XBOX - Is fully updated - Cannot quot see quot the computer When running tests the quot PC Not Listed quot just appear - Is connected to the internet via the same switch and router as the computer Internet XBOX Live is running fine - Network settings is set to automatic This have all worked fine before But after I moved it have either stopped working properly or not at all It driving me mad that Windows and the XBOX can t just connect to each other when connected to the same LAN switch And Windows XBOX support is useless They only apply on quot family-level quot with their stupid quot have you connected the lan-cable quot kind of thing What I need is a technical reason why this is happening and what I can try to solve it Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:XBOX / WIN7 network problem

C'mon people!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xbox-win7-network-problem.923508/
Relevancy 39.56%

Whenever i boot up my win7 x64, on the lower right side of bar the blue circle keeps on spinning while it says windows is identifying the network, any idea how to speed up the process of network identification, it takes about 3 mins to identify the network,...fyi i am not using wireless router, it is Motorola surfboard

your help would be appreciated, thank you

A:win7 keeps on Network Identifying..how to speed up that?

On my system it was my Epson printer's "EventManager" application that was doing it. I stopped that from starting when the computer started and it solved the problem.

You can check to see what you have starting on Startup by looking on the Startup Tab in MSCONFIG. (Type that in the Start box).

Most everything on the Startup Tab does not *need* to run, but you can experiment by unchecking them one at a time and Restarting to see if any one of therm causes your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/144123-win7-keeps-network-identifying-how-speed-up.html