Windows Support Forum

Selectively unable to connect to WIFI access point

Q: Selectively unable to connect to WIFI access point

Hi I am having problems accessing the internet via a pay for service wifi connection One Zone I am located to to WIFI point access unable Selectively connect in an area with multiple encripted and unencripted networks I can get to one free network but cannot use my cellphone from there I was able to log onto sign up and use the pay for service once The next time after rebooting I could not I called technical support for One Zone and was told to remove Internet Explorer from the list of applicaitons in my Mcafee firewall This Selectively unable to connect to WIFI access point worked once but then failed the next time I rebooted and has not worked when I tried it again Next I tried the suggestion to use the commands For these commands Start Run CMD to open a command prompt Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ip reset reset log This worked once and Selectively unable to connect to WIFI access point then not again I uninstalled the Mcafee firewall - but this did not help Finally I updated the driver for the WIFI card and for the ThinkVantage software used to access the network on the IBM Thinkpad T Throughout this exercise I was able to acceess the free WIFI access point dLink When I try to access OneZone I am told that the signal strength is excellent and that I am connected I am assigned an IP address I can ping the IP address but not the associated gateway address When I look at the status I see IP addresses indications that I am connected a lot of packets going out and no packets going in When I run diagnostics the report says Adapter Details Adapter name a b g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapter Adapter type Wireless LAN Adapter speed Mbps Driver Firmware version N A Adapter status Enabled Connection Status Connected Disable unused cards Yes TCP IP Settings DHCP enabled Yes Append parent suffixes of the primary DNS suffix Yes Register connection s DNS suffix in registration Yes Register connection s DNS suffix in DNS registration Yes Enable LMHOSTS Lookup No NetBIOS setting quot Default quot Wireless Settings Network name SSID One Zone High Speed Internet Connection type Access point Wireless mode Auto Security encryption None Use this profile to connect during Windows log on No System Information System model BU BIOS version ET WW TVT GINA version Operating system version Windows XP Service pack ThinkVantage Access connections version Access Point scan list Network name SSID Wireless mode MAC address Signal strength Channel ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- One Zone High Speed Internet g D D MSHOME g F E D kidPHONE a B EC Cows a B A Cows a B EA One Zone High Speed Internet g D D TRAC a B EB Alaris a B E kidZONE a B E kidZONE a B Alaris a B kidPHONE a B C BELL g C E F ZULU g F F Bondfield g C F BELL g A C TRAC a B B PostLabWireless g E E CA haytham g CD F E SeaHorse g C F FE C Wir in Toronto g EC One Zone High Speed Internet g D B FA Global Settings Network ------- Allow Windows users without administrator privileges to create and apply location profiles - gt Yes Allow wireless connection at Windows logon requires system restart - gt Yes Close all wireless network connections when user logs off - gt No Disable Adhoc connection type option in wireless LAN profiles - gt No Allow the wireless LAN radio to be turned off when inactive - gt Yes Allow selection of location profiles with Fn F On Screen Display menu - gt Yes Enable autodeletion of unused profiles - gt No Disable the Peer to Peer community feature - gt No Notifications ------------- Show ThinkVantage Access Connections status icon in task tray - gt Yes Show wireless status icon in task tray - gt Yes Display the progress indicator window when a profile is being applied - gt Yes Preferences ----------- Enable sound effects - gt No Do not show balloon tips from the Access Connections system tray icon - gt Yes Show WiMAX page as default on Main GUI - gt No Automatic location profile switching list Enable automatic location switching - gt No Include Ethernet connections in automatic switching and prompt me to save Ethernet ports - gt Yes Preferred Location Of WLAN - gt No When no other connections are available connect through Wireless WAN or WiMAX - gt No Wireless priority list ------------------------ Selection Priority Location profile name Connection order Connection details ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Yes One Zone High Speed Internet Wireless LAN SSID One Zone High Speed Internet Yes dlink Wireless LAN SSID dlink nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Selectively unable to connect to WIFI access point

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 86%

Hi all Pulling my hair out at the Inspiron machine type nbsp We ve had it for about two years and it has never connected point Inspiron >10 3000 to 11 from does feet not WiFI 3137 access connect to our home router at a range greater than about ten feet from the access point The problem started when we first took it out of the box then running Windows later now Windows nbsp All the OS upgrades have neither made the problem better nor worse Router is a Linksys E in other words Inspiron 11 3137 3000 does not connect to WiFI >10 feet from access point name-brand stuff nbsp other machines in the house work all over the house and can connect to the router from anywhere in the house The driver is the latest version and we have ruled out problems with firewall settings nbsp We can ping any network service but no luck on HTTP POP SMTP etc protocols For the past two Inspiron 11 3137 3000 does not connect to WiFI >10 feet from access point years my wife has solved the problem by sitting within feet from the access point but that Inspiron 11 3137 3000 does not connect to WiFI >10 feet from access point s not what we paid for and not what we expect from Dell nbsp Any ideas nbsp Anyone had a similar issue Thanks Kevin B

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993682
Relevancy 79.12%

Ok first off I would just like to say that this is my first thread post on with access cant I wifi or point" adapter "Problem to connect wireless this forum so sorry if I have done something wrong or am missing vital information My problem is that I am trying to connect to my college campus's wireless "Problem with wireless adapter or access point" I cant connect to wifi internet I will give more specific details in a bit Basically I was watching YouTube before going to class and shut down my PC before I left I was "Problem with wireless adapter or access point" I cant connect to wifi connected to the internet then and it was working fine When I got back is when I started getting problems I booted up my computer as I usually do but instead of automatically connecting to my school's network it didn't connect at all When I go down to the wifi signal on the bottom right and choose the network and hit connect it fails This is what it reads quot Windows was unable to connect to network name quot I have tried going to Control Panel - gt Network and Internet - gt Network Connections and disabling and enabling everything and that did not work I should also tell you that all the devices in this window have a red quot X quot next to them I also tried all of Windows quot troubleshooting problems quot What I don't get is that my phone connects just fine as well as everyone else on campus I'm getting a bit frustrated because I am quite knowledgeable when it comes to computers and this sort of thing I even custom built my own desktop at home Here are the specs of the laptop I am having trouble with Operating System Windows Ultimate x CPU Intel Core i - MQ ghz RAM gb Not sure if you need this info but these are all of my quot Network Adapters quot Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Protocol TDI Intel R Dual Band Wireless-AC Killer e PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Please let me know if you need any extra information and I will try and add it as soon as possible Thanks for any and all help - John

A:"Problem with wireless adapter or access point" I cant connect to wifi

Quote:
Network Connections and disabling and enabling everything and that did not work. I should also tell you that all the devices in this window have a red "X" next to them.

Can we get a screen shot? I know what you mean but a pic would be nice.
In the meantime uninstall all the devices from device manager and let windows find them again. (you don't have to remove the driver for now)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/343314-problem-wireless-adapter-access-point-i-cant-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I was at a home today and connected to their private home network on a Surface Pro 4. This showed their network as Connected. However, the internet kept going to a local open BT network instead! I couldn't select this open network anywhere to exclude it. Thinking about it now, I should have disabled/reenabled Wifi first, and then tried a reboot after that. But otherwise, is there any hidden setting to ignore certain networks?

A:Using 'open' access Wifi point instead of connected private wifi.

Hello and welcome to the TenForums

If the home where you were had a BT hub then it most probably was offering both an open connection also known as BT Wifi or BT Fon and also a secured wifi connection which would have an SSID number with a BThub name with some random numbers and letters. It is possible that you connected to the open one and were then automatically directed to a BT broadband page on the internet to pay for use of the BT hotspot service that they provide via customers routers. See this article for more info: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...fi-with-fon%3F

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47484-using-open-access-wifi-point-instead-connected-private-wifi.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I recently updated my Inspiron 14" 5459 to the Windows 10 anniversary update, i noticed that when my wifi access point changes or wifi signal drops or turning off wifi, my laptop semi-freezes, you could still scroll with the mouse or track pad and select open tabs but that's all, clicking other icons and even the windows start menu does not work, if you wait for more than 5 minutes, everything goes back to normal. Waiting around for about 5 minutes is annoying so what I do is press ctrl alt delete and from there restart the laptop. my wifi adapter is updated to the most recent version and also both graphics card (intel hd 520 and amd radeon m335) is also updated to the latest version.  Any suggestion on how to resolve this issue?

A:after Windows 10 anniversary update, Inspiron 5459 freezes if wifi is turned off or wifi access point is changed, is there a solution to this problem?

Please confirm the wireless card from the device manger or the network control panel. Also please update the BIOS firmware to the latest version. The BIOS update should ideally be version v1.2.2. Also please try system out with  a LAN cable as well to confirm if is indeed caused by the wireless. Though this may not run a complete diagnostics on the network you can run a hardware diagnostics on the computer using the following steps

Shutdown the computer
Hold the 'Fn' key and turn on the computer
Let go of the 'Fn' key after 2 seconds

This is will initiate the H/w diagnostics. Please let us know if it completes or if  you run into any errors. If  you do run into any errors. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988325
Relevancy 70.09%

I just moved into an apartment that has a WiFi connection already set up for the complex, but I have a few devices that don't have wireless cards in them. I was hoping to take my router and turn it into an access point for internet connections but I need some help in doing so. I have a D-Link router; any tips would be really helpful.

Relevancy 69.23%

A simple question really, if i were to buy a wifi bridge, could i plug it into the internet port on a router to provide that router with internet access?

I have a media centre, connected to a router that does not have internet access, a nas server is also connected to this router. Howevere, connecting a usb wifi dongle to the media pc to acces another router in the house with internet access does not work because there are two connections and it only like 1.

If i connect an ethernet cable from router to router, it works, but i cant have a wire all around the house, so could i plug a bridge into it instead?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-bridge-or-access-point.1068278/
Relevancy 69.23%

win 7 pro
I have an old Internet Gateway - with access point
Thomson TG585 v7 , b/g WiFi + Ethernet 100Mbps

I have installed XAMPP local server

WLAN IP 192.168.10.X worked in the past i think - access XAMPP WEB PAGES - from mobiles wireless devices, but now not work...
I have to have two IPs one for access point WiFi WLAN and one for LAN Ethernet?
Although my mobile devices get WiFi i have only one connection - access point not shown in Network Connections win 7... ONLY GIGABIT ETHERNET SHOWN But as said mobile devices get online without problem.

how access XAMPP files from Mobile Devices on WLAN?

http://192.168.10.8/OOJS/index.html this works in pc but not on mobile

A:I have to have two IPs one for access point WiFi WLAN and one for LAN

I think prior 1mo or so i could access from mobile... via WLAN.

PLEASE SEE THE VIDEO HERE:
Find your computer's IP address - Windows Help

HAS BOTH LAN AND WLAN CONNECTIONS IN NETWORK CONNECTIONS , AND FINDS IP FOR WLAN.

Well why me only LAN IN NETWORK CONNECTIONS not WLAN?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342273-i-have-have-two-ips-one-access-point-wifi-wlan-one-lan.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello,

I am using a tplink access point which blocks only 32 mac addresses. I want an access point which blocks more mac addresses like 75-100. Can someone suggest a model please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-access-point-mac-filtering.1164179/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I think I know what I want but I just wanted to check before I splashed the cash and made the wrong choice I have a Humax Freesat recorder and a Panasonic Blu-Ray player Both of which have services that need internet access but neither are WIFI Network Switch Access WIFI with Point enabled amp are the wrong side of the room to be connected via cabled ethernet I believe that what I need is to wireless access point I d like one with a built in switch as well as most seem to only come with only one port The one I found has four which would be useful as I could replace the poor wireless Xbox dongle The one I was looking at was http www amazon co uk gp product B JV A sr - qid WIFI Network Access Point with Switch ref olp WIFI Network Access Point with Switch product details ie UTF amp me amp qid amp sr - amp seller This seems very cheap Can anyone tell me if this will do what I want amp whether there is anything better without spending a fortune Many thanks in advance Tom nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I have a HP Pavillion x i in laptop I am having problems HP problems access Pavillion wifi point with the wifi staying connected and when the laptop is connected to wifi the internet speeds are slow The speeds are slow as in I cannot stream videos on HP Pavillion wifi access point problems youtube without constant pausing and even downloading something as simple as google chrome takes much longer than it is supposed to In my house there are plenty of other devices that are connected including my old laptop which has no problems downloading streaming and iphones and an ipad All of the other devices except my new HP laptop has no problem streaming and downloading The laptop is extremely new less than a week old I have tried updating the network driver resetting the network driver and disconnecting then reconnecting the wifi yet the problem keeps occuring I do have MacAfee so I guess that could pose a problem but I am unsure The adapter I use is a Qualcomm Atheros QCA with internet provided by COMCAST It could be an adapter problem but because of the other devices working fine I do not think that the problem is from the adapter Also the OS is Windows Thank you for your time and help

A:HP Pavillion wifi access point problems

How does it perform connected by LAN (Cat5/6) cable?

And welcome to the forum!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/54287-hp-pavillion-wifi-access-point-problems.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

I have got this new Lenovo Flex 2 Pro-15 computer a month ago, but I have never got internet on it in my room. My room is 7-8 meters from the access point, and the signal is very weak or not existing. My Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini have a strong signal, if it lays just next to the computer. The computer has fine signal, if it is only 3-4 meters from the access point.

I sent the computer for a repair, and they changed the WLan card, but it did not help. What to do? I think I have installed the correct driver.

- Peter

A:WiFi does not work 7-8 meters from access point

What wireless adapter does it have? What make/model access point? What band are you connecting with, 2.4 or 5 GHz?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/69801-wifi-does-not-work-7-8-meters-access-point.html
Relevancy 68.37%

My usb wifi adapter comes with both drivers and a utility. The utility switches the adapter from adhoc to access point. Problem is, the utility doesnt work with Vista, but the drivers do.
Is there any way I can set the usb adapter as an access point through Windows Zero Configuration?

A:Setting wifi adapter as access point

Nope, that's not a capability that WZC offers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-wifi-adapter-as-access-point.748459/
Relevancy 68.37%

So I live in my parents' basement and I'm positioned at the very front of the house down here The router a Linksys WRT GL stock firmware is down here with me right on my desk along with the cable modem and moving them is not an option access router? get a extender, WiFi point, I Should or a an better I need the simplest solution possible perhaps something I can put upstairs on the main floor My Should I get a WiFi extender, an access point, or a better router? parents have a gazebo out in the back as shown below and they like to take their laptop out there and even though it functions they Should I get a WiFi extender, an access point, or a better router? say that the signal is just barely strong enough and so it reduces the performance noticeably as compared to being in the house roughly where that chimney is but on the main floor I can see that because I'm literally at the front of the house in the basement as close to the front as you can get right about in the center and I'm facing West and so the router is right up against the wall So the router is as far away from the gazebo as is possible outside of putting it in the front yard or something So as you can see it's not exactly close So do they need a WiFi extender an access point or should I get a better router What's the best option without costing too much money Additionally I don't know what's good or bad on the market and so I need your help with that as well I'd like to get them the best unit possible whatever that may be extender access point or router so that it does an excellent job and can keep working for as many years to come as possible However my parents said that they don't want it to be too expensive either I don't know how much is too much for them but I know that they probably wouldn't want the most expensive unit available either Of course that definitely depends on the prices out there too I mean to put it in another way let's say that there's a better router that would solve this problem That extender or access point can't cost more than that router So it has to be at a reasonable price I'm open to getting a new router if the price is right and if it would solve the problem Again we need something wireless that will go up on the main floor to be in the middle between the gazebo and the router Either that or a router that's known to be much more powerful than the WRT GL One final requirement if we get an extender or an access point then I would like it to have some kind of On Off switch or button I thank you for looking

A:Should I get a WiFi extender, an access point, or a better router?

TwoCables, I'm not ignoring you, I just have little experience with that issue. Maybe this article can give you some ideas.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/286939-should-i-get-wifi-extender-access-point-better-router.html
Relevancy 68.37%

hi ya I have a cheapo ADSL wireliess router mbps in the front of my shop and I want to increase the wireless signal access point using signal Increasing wifi I recieve in the office in the back of the shop The signal is strong but the connection speed drops as low as mbps also I have a desktop with no wifi card in the Increasing wifi signal using access point same room which I need to connect to the network My aim is to get the very best connection speeds between the two rooms without cables I was thinking that if I got a draft N router and access point then the shop front and office would have a very strong connection allowing me to connect multiple machines via ethernet cables in each room and at the same time increasing my wifi signal in the office This way Increasing wifi signal using access point I wouldnt need to buy another wifi card and would get better signal for my laptop I dont know Increasing wifi signal using access point if I am completly off track and would better off getting a good router a range booster and installing wifi cards when needed if anyone could give me some help with this and also what routers access points you would reccomend would be great many thanks sean nbsp

A:Increasing wifi signal using access point

N will give 300mbp (realtime is 240 to 270mbps) of data in / data out
Range is greater than G but just to let you know your range my vary due to interference in your shop.
2.4GHz cordless phones
Some lighting systems
Microwave devices
But the Draft-N clears up some but not much again depends on what's you have in the shop. Place the wireless router higher away from other electronic devices. Wireless access point can be use but if you want to go without wires then you need one that can do WDS. That WDS taps into the wireless signal that you presently is transmitting in your store.

Another issues you have one of those all-in-one modems that have wireless router feature. They tend to be slower than just using ADSL modem and a wireless router combination. Cable Modem from the Cable company is much faster, but you'll have to be able to get cable business customer plan. But in any case what you have reported is normal 54mbps can range from 24, 48, 54mbps. So for you N would do a better jobs.

DLINK
DIR-655 ($89 to $129) Xtreme N Wireless Router
http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=530
DAP-1522 ($99 and up) wireless access point Xtreme N Duo 2.4GHz/5.0GHz wireless
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=663
DAP-1555 (new) more for high def media

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/increasing-wifi-signal-using-access-point.110252/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey guys,

There is a difficulty i am facing recently in my girlfriend's house only(in all other places it works fine).
I have recently established a WiFi connection for her to use on her phone. It worked great the first day. It continues to work perfect on her mobile. On my net book, though, i can not see WiFi access point in her house.

It appears randomly for several minutes, i try to connect, it does not want to and then the access point disappears for some uncertain period of time. From time to time it appears and works fine from than on but disappears again if computer goes to sleeping mode...

Do you have any ideas what could it be?

Val

A:Solved: Enable to see WiFi access point

guys, anybody. please have a look. this is serious for me. thanks....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-enable-to-see-wifi-access-point.1015678/
Relevancy 68.37%

I would like to know the step by step to set up a repeater using an WiFi point up or a Setting repeater Access another router set up an alternate access point with out Ethernet Setting up a WiFi repeater or Access point connection to it if possible using the routerlogin net What are the major advantages and disadvantages of both My router is a Setting up a WiFi repeater or Access point Netgear N Dual Band Gigabit Router and the router I would like Setting up a WiFi repeater or Access point to use to boost the signal is the same model The problem is that the signal is not strong enough sometimes to use my Galaxy S on the other side of the house away from the router And sometimes the signal does loose strength to my desktop using an internal wireless adapter for WiFi The desktop is not so much the issue but the phone is So I thought I would try to increase the range of the router to cover the areas of the house that are receiving a week signal from the router Thanks for all your help nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

I'm running 8.1. In some hotels I access their wifi and the icon says connected, but its not. No splash screen or anything. Other hotels and places I connect without any trouble when the icon says connected. What can I do? I deleted previous connections
that I will not use again.

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c54b3d8-8db7-4c83-8310-26720ff69f46/unable-to-connect-in-some-hotels-even-though-the-wifi-icon-says-connected-but-can-connect-fine-in?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 67.51%

I am going to have a Dlink DWL-700 Access Point. How does this connect to my computer is it normally through ethernet or USB???

A:How do i connect a Access Point?

Usually this hooks into a router or a switch why are you wanting to hook this up to a PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-connect-a-access-point.453938/
Relevancy 67.51%

or repeater or what. I use a netgear dgn 1000 modem router and I want to extend the range using a netgear Dg 834g modem router . There is a single ethernet supply cable in the area I want to cover. I could use that or wirelessly . I have read a bit on this but ended up confused.. I am looking for simplest way to do it .

A:help to connect an access point

One router needs setup as the Base other one as Repeater.
I have this setup on 5 Netgear WNR2000 routers for my company's building. Not sure if different model routers can work all of mine are the same.

How i had to set mine up:
Turn on Wireless Base Station
Enter value of repeater router in MAC ADDRESS 1 - usually found next to serial number.

Turn on Wireless Repeater
Enter IP address of base router
Enter value of base router in BASE Station MAC Address

After this is setup cannot edit settings on the repeater router anymore, since all connections will be directed to the base router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-to-connect-an-access-point.1059554/
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm confused. Here's the scenario. It's small office with a wireless network. They just installed a computer downstairs with one of those giant printer, scanner copier things.

I want to connect the printer to the existing network. The computer has a wireless card but the printer doesn't have wireless capabilities and needs to be plugged in via an ethernet cable. They want to be able to print to that printer from upstairs.

Should I get a wireless router and plug the printer into that or should I get an access point? Can you plug the printer into the access point? OR, should I get a wireless print server and plug the printer into one of the ethernet ports?
Thanks,

Bernie

Relevancy 67.08%

Have a Lost ipad on our wireless network.. 50+ wifi access points.. and thousands of wifi devices connected to them..

nmap the lost device but not showing what access point its connected too.

can ping the device.

tracert shows my computer directly to lost device. will not trace thru which access point.

i can see wireless controller ip and all wifi access points.. but cannot trace the lost device.

can ping the device and see it.. shows up in my inventory just needing a way to trace route or nmap it to see where at in the building its connected tooo. so can narrow down the access point..

Relevancy 66.65%

Here is my setup I get Internet through my cable modem from there it goes to a network switch and from there I connect my PC via ethernet and in parallel my wireless access point (WAP) is connected to the switch. From there I get Internet in my PC but in my phone I can't get Internet apparently the iPhone links with the access point but no Internet...
I'm suspecting the switch to be the reason why it's not working. But tried to hook the WAP directly from the modem and still no Internet.
Your help is appreciated.
Thanks guys

A:Can connect to the access point but not to the internet.

You need a router to connect more than one computer or other TCP/IP connected device to that cable account. I see no mention of a broadband router, which is what you appear to need here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-to-the-access-point-but-not-to-the-internet.739574/
Relevancy 66.65%

hi i have been trying to connect my Wi-fi Access point but sytem shows , windows was unable to connect , however i have checked that access point with my friend laptop that was working fine, i have re installed my wi-fi network adapter , but the problem is same...please help me to out from this

A:unabe to connect wi fi access point

Try viewing all wirerless connections, you may have to reconnect to the wifi access point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unabe-to-connect-wi-fi-access-point.1043330/
Relevancy 66.65%

Scenario...have desktop connected with dsl...have router installed. Laptop pc working fine, built in network card. Have additonal desktop pc, and have just installed the linksys G adapter. Following directions to a "T". Problem..in beginning did not recognize any available networks. Then it detected one, started to connect, then failed. When go to the config. page, says cannot connect to access point. I have compared settings on both other pcs. and find nothing out of order. Is there something I am missing? I actually had laptop directly next to desktop and was recieving signal. Any suggestions? Thank you

Relevancy 66.65%

Hello All,
I would like to know if it is possible to connect sbs2003 to an existing wi fi network using a linksys wmp54gs card to a orange livebox, my network is a base unit pc hard wired and connected to livebox, plus two laptops that use livebox to connect for mail etc. I know it is unusual not to have the server hard connected and connect everything to it. all I want to do is connect the dell450 to my wi fi network to have internet access etc until I have the time the time to move everything around.
I can get the card to see the access point but it refuses to connect to the internet, please help with any suggestions i will try most things as i have puffed myself out trying to get this to work.
If you need more technical info pls ask ans i will do my best.

Many Thanks

A:Connect to access point but no internet

Your WMP54GS is a wireless card so if your laptops can sign on to the network are they using wireless to do this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-to-access-point-but-no-internet.85249/
Relevancy 66.65%

I can't get my wife's laptop to connect to the internet Here's what I've tried so far Ran McAfee Internet Security to check for viruses and MalWare It reported potential PUPs and quarantined them Ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware It found potential PUPs and quarantined them I've reset the TCP IP stack using netsh I've made sure the point, PC connect the get my to internet can't but can access to hosts file has not been modified I've verified the DNS settings I've checked the startup list for this system and made sure I know what everything is and disabled anything I didn't recognize I've removed the network PC can connect to my access point, but can't get to the internet adapters from my wife's system and let PC can connect to my access point, but can't get to the internet Windows reinstall them I've disabled wireless and just tried wired I've reset the computer and router countless times throughout all this I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things that I've tried I have another laptop and two smart phones attached to the same router modem which are working fine I can ping my wife's system and her system can ping mine Her system can see our network printer Any attempts to try and access a website gets This page can't be displayed message in Internet Explorer and Firefox just sits at a New Tab and doesn't give any error message Any thoughts on additional things to try Thanks -T

A:PC can connect to my access point, but can't get to the internet

I'm going to try doing a repair install of Windows 7 over the top of my current image...  Can't think of anything else to try.  if this doesn't work I'm going to officially be at a loss...  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551840/pc-can-connect-to-my-access-point-but-cant-get-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello there I rarely go into forums for I find they are a long hastle specific Point Access Cannot to connect a however it s been almost a month now that i ve been having issues with this and i d like to get to the bottom of it I use windows I stay at Cannot connect to a specific Access Point a hotel and the hotel has wifi connections one for staff and one for guests and the old wifi that s still open I use to use the one for staff until I could not connect to it anymore i ll try to be as descriptive as possible I am currently using the old wifi when i learned that I was unable to connect to the main one I started asking around all the staff can connect to it my laptop seems to be the one with the problem I decided to connect direct and it worked but when trying to reconnect as a wifi it failed mind you the router is behind reception PS I am a staff member of the hotel I spoke to some friends of mine to figure out the problem we enamble Team Viewer so he can dabble on my laptop however he could not get far I did a ipconfig release and ipconfig enable on the cmd but I don t know what i m getting from that I am not a big fan of trying to troubleshoot things myself so if anyone is interested we could coordinate a Cannot connect to a specific Access Point time and date to have a Team Viewer session and i d give you permission to see what the problem is I could connect to wireless connections so in case you need to disconnect from one to try the main one we won t split apart The access point is a WPA -personal encryption AES One more thing When i connected direct it first said something link your ip is clashing with another ip or something like that That s all I really have if anyone can fix this you would have my never ending gratitude and my honorable thanks -Jay nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello guys,
i'm new here and Im really desperate for your help!
As i stated,when I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden.The really annoying thing though is tha i can connect via my smartphone without any problem.
Do you have any suggestions? Im using Vista if that matters.

A:When I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-try-to-connect-to-my-wifi-it-says-unable-to-connect-because-it-is-hidden.1131695/
Relevancy 65.79%

Please help, we have a sony vaio laptop with wireless internet, it was all working fine until the 23/1/10 when the network connection would not connect. The network connection on our sony works at a relatives house ok.
We also have a Dell laptop with wifi and it connects ok on our network.
The only thing I can see wrong is that the network security key passphrase keeps changing in the Properties-Security dialog box.
The sony connects ok when it is hard wired to the router.
Both laptops have Vista home premium.

A:Unnable to connect to wireless access point

Hello,

Do you know the password for the wireless to access it?

If so, go into the network and sharing center, on the left column there will be an option to manage wireless networks / connections > click that and find your network that the sony can't connect to > high light and click remove at the top > now go back at the bottom right hand corner of the screen where the 2 screens are ( it probably has a red ex ) > click that and click connect to a network > now click your network and re-enter the password correctly. Hope this helps

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/267759-unnable-connect-wireless-access-point.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have been using my Linksys WRK54G Wireless-G Broadband Router for years now and have had no problems (other than turning it on and turning it off to recycle connection). Today, my laptop, which is connected to an 802.11g wireless adapter, is telling me I am connected to my access point but that the internet cannot be found. I tried to look through other threads to see what I could do and it seems as if the first step is to check the ip address (by cmd and then ipconfig), but I am only given 0.0.0.0. I'm assuming this is a problem? What happened? I didn't do ANYTHING out of the ordinary that would have made my laptop connection go schizo.

Relevancy 65.79%

Hey

i have a wireless router downstairs connected to a modem. My room is a hot spot with this wireless signal. One of my laptop connects to this signal using a USB wireless adapter, but my other laptop won't connect to the signal using its own internal 802.11b/g wireless card. What can i do to fix that? Thanks. The second laptop keeps saying it is aquiring the signal, but won't actually connect... the singal strength is strong so thats not the problem.

A:second laptop won't connect to wireless access point

"aquiring the signal" or "acquiring network address"?

On the router is the Dhcp server enabled? Sufficient address range? Using MAC Address filtering? What kind of encryption?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/second-laptop-wont-connect-to-wireless-access-point.587639/
Relevancy 65.79%

Just recently set up wireless connection at my house Verizon DSL Wistell dual modem gt Linksys router I ll add model later when I back home gt host desktop machine os XP Wife s laptop get connected with no proble os XP and Linksys wireless card Now I am trying to set up my older desktop os Pentium cpu I connection Connect but Access Internet point no to the did install wireless card I believe it s Linksys G will check tonight with outside antenna I follow all instructions load soft before installing the card etc etc Well I see myself connected with speed connection etc but no Internet I try several dif methods I googled trying to un install soft and let window install the driver try set up manually etc nothing work I call Linksys support and they ask me to download the patch for this router and when I try to install it off my flash drive to old PC it s just blow off show me black dos window for split sec and nothing What interesting when I copy exe patch from Linksys to my HD it no longer shows as the same icon but rather white square like you know some application files Is it possible all this problem I encounter because I have W K Since it wasn t build with all these wireless gadgets But I have seen messages when many people have the same problem with XP Thanks guys in advance Alex nbsp

A:Connect to the Access point but no Internet connection

Done with it.
Replace W2K with XP and use Wireless Zerro util from admin tool to help to set up my connection. Also change some router settings on my Linksys profile page. Guy from Linksys support confirm some time before I complete this task, that my PCI wireless card is defective, lol.
Well, I am glad I didn't listen to him.
Alex

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-to-the-access-point-but-no-internet-connection.111744/
Relevancy 65.79%

Before you get the wrong idea and think I am stealing my neighbors interweb I just want to let you know he is my friend and leaves the network open access for me Anyways I have a Desktop and a laptop both have a Vista home premium OS on them The laptop can connect to my friends access point just fine but when I connect with my desktop it say s local only and will not allow me to connect to the internet My desktop is connected to a Linksys ghz wireless-G box and I connect to the access point just fine but with no internet I typed ipconfig release and then ipconfig renew but nothing changed It showed the ips and such but still no connection When I scroll over the taske bar where it shows connection it says Currently connected point. neighbors to access Desktop can't connect to Network Access Local only Unidentified Network zemo ----friends access point Access Local only Anyways I hope someone can help me because all I can do on my laptop is forum hunt and I am unable to game cry nbsp

A:Desktop can't connect to neighbors access point.

The fact that you have his "permission" means nothing, it's still against the terms of service for the ISP. All you're doing is not stealing from the neighbor, but rather from the ISP. That just makes us folks that actually buy our access pay higher prices.

Closed, please read the TSG Rules before any future posts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-cant-connect-to-neighbors-access-point.709209/
Relevancy 65.79%

Dears,

I have Dlink Router and Dlink access point

I tried to ping from PC2(192.168.1.202) to PC1(192.168.1.200)
BUT when I ping back from PC1 to PC2 it replies successfully

PC2 is connected to wirless access point
PC1 is connected to router using wired connection
any advice ?

A:unable to ping from PC connected to access point

Hi f1steng,

Welcome to TSG!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Sticking with the PC1 and PC2 naming scheme, let's see the following from both PCs.

Please label the logs according to their respective names.

IPConfig

Hold the Windows key and press R on your keyboard.
In the Run box that appears, type CMD and click on OK.
Type the following command:
IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

EDIT: After seeing TerryNet's reply I thought of this, make sure to turn off Windows Firewall (and any third party firewall you may have installed) on both computers for testing purposes.

Windows Firewall may be blocking the ping.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-ping-from-pc-connected-to-access-point.1138897/
Relevancy 65.36%

Ok I will try to give as much info as possible. My roommate has the broadband modem and wireless router (D-Link Dl-524) in his bedroom, along with his Vista machine. He connects into the router so he is a LAN and has access to the Internet.

I have a XP Home machine and a USB wireless adaptor (Linksys WU8546) and I am able to connect to the access point but I can't connect to the Internet. I was able to connect to another router that my adaptor found and got Internet access on that...

Help please!!!

Relevancy 65.36%

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 600m running Windows XP. I have a Ethernet router and a wireless access point. My laptop works fine with the ethernet cable plugged in but it won't connect to the internet or network in wireless mode.

It was working a few weeks ago but has been down since. I am able to connect other wireless devices in the house to the access point such as an iTouch and my son's Xbox.

If I go to my "Wireless Network Connection Status" it says I am connected at a speed of 54.0Mbps.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Dean

Relevancy 65.36%

hi guys had a problem in the office with my broadband router so i replaced it the office is working fine with a sbs server domain i have an ethernet cable running down to my house which always worked then tp-link connect access to point hp vista machine cant with the router change it cant connect hp vista machine to tp-link access point didnt my friend set it up years ago and i didnt see how he set cant connect hp vista machine to tp-link access point it up but i didnt know the password neither does he so i reset it and set it up from scratch my apple ipad and desktop and another laptop connect fine but my hp s vista laptop just wont connect it tries to connect and just says the laptop is taking an unusually long time to connect then fails the network card is a broadcom b g wlan adapter and the tp-link is a TL-WA G i have changed channels turned off encryption reinstalled the network card reset the tcp-ip stack but cant get it working yet it connected first time to my wimax router strange the weird thing is when i was trying to access the router before the reset it seemed to be using ip addressing yet in the router i cant see anything to do with ip addressing the server in the office is dhcp server and the addresses are x as i said other laptops etc are working in the house i even looked for firmware updates for this device but cant see anything any help or ideas greatly appreciated PK nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Hello, I have set up a wireless network and ive got to the stage were file and printer sharing works and i can ping every part of my internet connection as well as my routers ip but i cant connect to the internet!

Heres my setup:

I have a US Robotics 125mpbs DSL Router, (192.168.2.1) and it can be pinged. Plugged into the router i have a DSL connection which is fuctioning and is detected by the router, (i know the DSL works due to the pc wired to it can connect to the internet).

The problem is connecting to the internet wirelessly via a laptop, (the laptop has printer sharing and file sharing working fine as well as pinging servers).

Do i have a wrong setting on internet explorer?

Many Thanks!

Alex

A:Cannot connect to access point's internet but can ping it as well as DNS and GATEWAY

Not sure I fully understand your setup yet. If I'm reading this right, you have a DSL Router, but your DSL Router is plugged into a DSL connection?
Does this mean you have 2 sepparate boxes, or is your DSL connection and router the same box? And so is this a DLS modem/router/wireless all-in-one?

Anyway, I would take a look in the wireless setup area of the router for any type of security measures, like MAC filtering or encryption keys and so forth. And make sure all the data is there for the laptop.

If you plug the laptop into the router using Ethernet, does it get online then?
From what you say, because file and printer sharing works, and you can ping the router, I am assuming that you have a proper IP address and so maybe that is not the issue. In other words, there is nothing WRONG with your wireless connection. But instead there is something wrong with your laptop.

The other all to common problem is with antivirus/firewall software such as Norton Internet Security. The firewall is notorious for blocking everything whether you want to or not, and whether the firewall is turned off or not. It just does what it wants to I guess. So check your software.

The last thing I don't get is, you said you can "ping servers". Does this mean you can ping external servers like google and ebay and yahoo? Can you go into command prompt and type "ping www.google.com". If it says unknown host, try pinging an external IP address instead, googles would be: "ping 66.102.7.99"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-access-points-internet-but-can-ping-it-as-well-as-dns-and-gateway.44441/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey, I have a D-Link DSL-2640U modem/router. I'm trying to set up a D-Link DWL 2100AP Wireless Access Point to work as a repeater in order to boost my coverage. I plugged the AP into the modem/router and it works fine. I can get wireless Internet off of it, no problem. But when I put in the default IP address of the AP to set it up, I get "Page Not Found" Tried 192.168.0.50 which I got from the manual and 192.168.1.50, which some forums seem to claim is the real default address.

Feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Can't Connect to IP Address of Wireless Access Point

Knew I was being an idiot. Had to set the PC to a static IP. I used 192.168.1.50. No problem after that. The default on the AP was indeed 192.168.0.50.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-to-ip-address-of-wireless-access-point.904147/
Relevancy 65.36%

OK I ve searched and can t find a clear answer to this Maybe it s just a simple quot No You can t do that quot I have an existing WLAN broadcasting from a Linksys WRT N I have several Home Theatre components with Ethernet ports but no wireless exisiting WLAN? point a Connect an access second to wireless Samsung Blu-Ray Marantz AV Panasonic TC-P G I have no way to run an ethernet cable to the room where they sit So my question is is there some piece of hardware that can connect to my exisitng WLAN via the wireless and then I can connect the components to that or even connect a switch to that quot access point quot I have looked into access points but they all seem to require a connection via ethernet Am I just missing something simple or is this just not possible This is what I want to do Cable Modem - gt Ethernet Cable - gt Linksys WRT N - gt Wireless Connection - gt Router Switch Access Point - gt Ethernet Cables - gt Components nbsp

A:Connect a second wireless access point to an exisiting WLAN?

Something like this can add 4 ethernet ports to your wireless
network,and a couple of USB ports.
Print server/ethernet switch.

Another option would be to use powerline network adapters and
use the houses power lines as network cables.
Then connect a wired router to the powerline adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-a-second-wireless-access-point-to-an-exisiting-wlan.890443/
Relevancy 64.93%

Operating system - gt Windows xp I am currently have my pc connected to the internet through a ethernet cable connected to an eircom wireless netopia router I want to add a linksys wireless access point g version and have it act as a repeater when i ran the set up cd i got the following message The setup utility was unable to locate a wireless g access point on the network All the connections are wireless-g point to network access in locate the Unable plugged in as the wap shows all lights are on When i try and login to the access points home page on its also unsuccessful Am i suppose to set up any configs on the router to let the access point work ive included screen shots of my netopia routers home page and also of config all in the cmd screen C Documents and Settings The man gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name cormac Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Cont roller Physical Address - - - -B - Dhcp Enabled Yes Unable to locate wireless-g access point in the network Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Unable to locate wireless-g access point in the network Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Connection Information DSL Availableeircom broadband ConnectedUser Name email protected IP Address IP Gateway Primary DNS Server dns cra dublin eircom net Secondary DNS Server dns cwm dublin eircom net Speed kbps Line Attenuation dB Router Information Router Name Netopia Model - Serial Number MAC Address e Software Version r Warranty Date Local Network IP Address Ethernet Connected Wireless Operational Privacy WPA - PSK Wireless ID SSID eircom broadcast nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and I cannot create a restore point. I've been trying to figure it out for about a month with no success!
Create Restore Point is definitely enabled for my C drive.

I ran an elevated cmd prompt to reset all permissions to default using the following command:
secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose

I have tried various vbs CreateRestorePoint scripts but Windows Script Host always gives me an "access is denied" code 80070005 error on this line:
sOut = SRP.createrestorepoint (sDesc, 0, 100)
Source: SWbemObjectEx

Can someone please help me correct this problem? Thanks much!!

A:Unable to Create Restore Point - Access is Denied

Application rule in Outpost Security Suite was blocking script. I thought I had disabled OSS but obviously not. Problem is now fixed by unblocking. What an ordeal this has been yet something simple to fix.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/323288-unable-create-restore-point-access-denied.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys I am trying to connect my laptop to wireless internet via an adsl modem plugged into a linksys speedbooster wireless router I used this same router in my dorm room when I was living on campus and had no problems internet the can found to cannot - be point, problem wireless but I access connect at all accessing the internet but now back at home I cannot get connected to the internet It says that I am connected to the access point but that the Internet I can connect to access point, but the internet cannot be found - wireless problem cannot be found If anyone could I can connect to access point, but the internet cannot be found - wireless problem help me figure this out I would appreciate it so much Here is my ipconfig from the laptop Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Claire gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Larry Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - - - -EB-EA Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Wireless-G Notebook Adapter WPC G V Physical Address - -BF-E -C - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday January PM Lease Expires Sunday January PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description D-Link DUB-E USB to Fast Ethe rnet Adapter Physical Address - -C - - - A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday January PM Lease Expires Monday February PM C Documents and Settings Claire gt And this is the ipconfig all of the working PC C Documents and Settings Claire gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Peter Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - D- -ED- - B Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dynalink RTA USB Physical Address - -A - - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday January PM Lease Expires Monday February PM C Documents and Settings Claire gt nbsp

A:I can connect to access point, but the internet cannot be found - wireless problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-can-connect-to-access-point-but-the-internet-cannot-be-found-wireless-problem.536793/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi folks I just finished rebuilding an old PC to now run can't connect access one point New build past Win7 devices to a fresh install of Win Pro -SP No matter what I do I can't get it to connect to devices beyond one of two identical access points on my LAN I have one AP inside my home which a Win Home netbook and my phone and tablet connect to and another one outside my home which connects via WiFi to a remote solar-powered camera site about meters away At that remote site there is a TP-Link client router which connects to an Axis camera and to a Tycon Power Systems site monitor All three devices have static IPs set up and the system has been running fine for over six months with New Win7 build can't connect to devices past one access point barely a hiccup There are six other PCs here on the network and three Android devices All of these including the Win Home netbook CAN connect to those three remote devices at the other end of the long-range WiFi link I can even place an Ubuntu DVD into the drive of the newly built Win machine and boot Ubuntu and it then can see my three remote devices so I know it's not a hardware issue or unplugged cable It has got to be something in the LAN adapter settings or the firewall or something that's evidently over my head When running in Win Pro attempts to connect to the remote devices through that AP just won't go I CAN connect to that AP with no trouble - just not to anything beyond it Pings to the AP return in less than ms Pings to the devices beyond the AP return quot destination host unreachable quot I have no clue what to try next Thanks in advance for any thoughts you guys might have - Darrin

A:New Win7 build can't connect to devices past one access point

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

On the Win7Home32 netbook that can connect to those three remote devices...
...what does the Network and Sharing Center look like?
(Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums)

...and what does it look like on the problematic computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/313389-new-win7-build-cant-connect-devices-past-one-access-point.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I recently switched from DSL to cable No issues on DSL Since switching to cable I haven t been able to connect more than one computer to the wireless access point at one time I have three computers one running W More Cable Than One Connect Point, to Access Cannot After to Computer Wireless Switch one on xp and one on Vista All three of the computers have been able to connect to the WAP when connecting alone I am using a Cannot Connect More Than One Computer to Wireless Access Point, After Switch to Cable wap g linksys access point Setup is internet -- coax -- cable modem -- ethernet -- wireless access point Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ga comcast net Link-local IPv Address fe b eb fdc IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ga comcast net Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ga comcast net IPv Address b b IPv Address bf ba bf ba Default Gateway c c Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ga comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ga comcast net Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e c ca bc b Link-local IPv Address fe c ca bc b Default Gateway nbsp

A:Cannot Connect More Than One Computer to Wireless Access Point, After Switch to Cable

I suspect that your old DSL modem had built in router capabilities and your new cable modem either does not have router capabilities or has them disabled and is operating as a simple bridge or gateway. In either case, the connecting computer is getting a public IP address assigned to it. Most residential broadband service comes with only one available (and usually dynamic) public IP address per customer.

If possible you, should see if you can configure your modem to operate as a router with Network Address Translation (NAT). If not, you may need to replace your wireless access point with a wireless router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-more-than-one-computer-to-wireless-access-point-after-switch-to-cable.975136/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a wired network using a modem, router and a switch.
I wanted to add a wireless access point to the network.
I plugged the WAP into the switch.
When I ran the setup cd, I got the following message.
The setup utility was unable to locate a wireless-g access point on the network.
All the connections are plugged in as the WAP shows all lights on.
I also tried connecting to the WAP's IP address through explorer but was unsuccessful.

Am I suppose to setup any configurations on the router to allow the WAP to work.
The router is not setup with a static ip address.

Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Unable to locate wireless-g access point in the network

The exact make/model of the WAP, router, and modem would be useful here.

You may have to connect the WAP directly to a computer for initial configuration, again without knowing specifically what unit you have, it's hard to say.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-locate-wireless-g-access-point-in-the-network.808845/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am having trouble connecting to any websites through wifi. I have connected to the wifi and used CMD to ping google.com and i get no errors but when i open my browser and try it it says "? Make sure the web address Google is correct ? look for the page with your search engine ? Refresh the page in a few minutes. " all of which i have done i then proceeded to click the Fix connection problems button and i get an alert saying nothing could be found. How do i fix it?

A:Unable to connect through wifi

Which web browser are you using? If you are using internet explorer, do a reset by going to tools, internet options, advanced, reset, ok, then start browser again. Make sure there are no proxies set that would interfere.

Also check any security software or antivirus, they can cause this problem many times.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388206-unable-connect-through-wifi.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

I am using a Nokia Siemens router. Using two laptops one with Vista and another with XP-SP3. My laptop is Acer and my wifes is HCL. And now the issue is that after i set the Security for network with WPA-PSK. My wifes laptop detects and tries to Connect with the network but finally it fails. I tried some possible steps and it didnt work. My Vista Laptop works fine after i delete the old access point.

Can Someone help me to fix this ?

A:Unable to connect thru wifi

She's using the same Network SSID and WPA-PSK security and algorithms and shared key?

The router is set to allow ALL MAC access (not block by MAC)?

The router is set for multiple access (usually a 50 address range)?

The wireless network mode is set compliant with her mode (G, B)?

I'm just rambling off everything I can think of.

:)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-connect-thru-wifi-531566.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey. Can anyone help me with this? Changed my wifi name and password. After that I`m unable to type the password. After clicking connect it loads for a while showing "checking network requirements" and it ends with "cant connect to this network". Password box does not even show up!

A:my PC is unable to connect to wifi

Hi, if you right click on the network that you're trying to connect to is there a "forget network" option or anything similar? If so click it and forget the network, then it will prompt you for the new password when you try to connect after forgetting it

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/29224-my-pc-unable-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Ok so I am working at a friend's house and I have run into a debacle. He needs his wireless adapter to be in a new room with better reception for the house. There are two Wall ports let's say port A and port B. He used to be in port A but wants to move to Port B. When hard connected to either port the internet works fine as well as generates the same IP, DNS, and gateway settings. When I connect Wireless however only port A connects to the internet. Port B will not connect to the internet even though the IP, DNS, and gateway are still the same when I check the wireless ipconfig. Any ideas. I have tried renewing, refreshing, flushing dns cache, making sure his ipv4 is automatic.

A:Wifi unable to connect to DNS

Are these ports connected to a router - whats the make and model of the router
Does if have two fixed IP address OR perhaps the DNS is set to 2 only

can we see an ipconfig /all please
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-unable-to-connect-to-dns.1127057/
Relevancy 64.07%

(My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium)I have had this laptop since 2011 and somewhere in 2012 I think I somehow deleted the ralink WiFi adapter.I haven't been able to use WiFi since then.I got on the HP Recovery Manager and reinstalled the drivers and it alerted me that Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter was unable to reinstall.So I looked it up and downloaded it on this website and it saved in a folder called c:\SWSetup\SP56942But after that nothing happens.Can anyone help me out?

A:Unable to connect to WiFi?

Hi: If your notebook is missing the wireless card driver, there should be a device listed in the device manager under an Other Devices category named Network Controller. Please post the hardware ID for the network controller device so I can figure out what driver it needs. To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the Network Controller device. Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window. Now you will see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description. Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's). Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5668631
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi there,

My neighbour has a problem which I've tried to help with, but have to say am stumped....

He is running a cable modem into a wireless router (Belkin), but since changing ink cartridges on the printer (maybe a coincidence) has lost his internet connection.

The PC (desktop running Xp) connects to the network, but there is no internet connection. I've been there with my laptop and all is well.

It also seems that every time you try to do something with network connections etc, the PC freezes the window/app and you have to reboot/log off and on.

I've never seen this before, but am thiniking pehaps the network card is done for.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
BJB

A:Unable to connect to Net via WiFi

Can't think of any reason changing the ink cartridges should effect the internet connection.

If I understand the problem:

Cable Modem --------> Belkin Router ---------> Desktop
No internet connection for the desktop.

Are you sure the Desktop is connecting to the Belkin? Can he access the Belkin's user interface from the desktop? If he can acccess the Belkin, then the card and cable is probably OK.

Did he try connecting directly to the cable modem to see if that works?

If you connected wireless, try connecting your laptop by the same ethernet cable to see if that works?

Could you supply the followong information for the desktop?

Taken from a JohnWill post.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

Note that there is a space before the -n or the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the - or / in the following commands.

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-net-via-wifi.874471/
Relevancy 64.07%

hi friends i have the problem i cannot access my laptop to the wifi my laptop is intel r atom tm cpu n270 1.60ghz plz help

A:unable to connect wifi

Please post a  MiniToolBox log, so we can see the specs of your computer. Also this seems like a network issue, and a MOD may want to move it to the appropriate category.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494790/unable-to-connect-wifi/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello First via connect - WiFi Unable to im using -PLANET USB WLAN Stick WL-U L - The router which is causing my headache is Unable to connect - via WiFi ThomsonST - SpeedTouch - OS is Windows bit So here goes the problem - I connect Unable to connect - via WiFi normally to the router with my wifi stick - its around - signal Im on internet - everything s fine But suddenly it just Disconnects me Says - No Internet Access I cant go to internet nor access the router configuration - basically disconnected I try to connect again and then it says quot Unable to connect quot For absolutely no reason It keeps saying unable to connect for mins - mins - mins - minutes Completely random And then suddenly I can connect again What I noted is that - When I survey via Win default connection panel - after my problem occured - after it says unable to connect the router disappears for lets say - secs and then i can see it again but same problem - cant connect for random time What I tried so far is Updating my Windows Tried it on XP via WiFi - same it wont connect just on XP it says that connection is no longer in range Changed the channel on which router works Tried connecting with my integrated wifi card in laptop - same thing Please guys its very important for me to fix this so if you could help me Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

So My laptop turned off last night then when I opened it in the morning I automatically fixed it coz its recommended then my laptop is not genuine anymore and theres a yellow triangle with an exlamation point in it in my wifi icon.It is connected but The wifi doesn't work. Pls help me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Unable-to-connect/td-p/5631071
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

I am using a Nokia Siemens router. Using two laptops one with Vista and another with XP-SP3. My laptop is Acer and my wifes is HCL. And now the issue is that after i set the Security for network with WPA-PSK. My wifes laptop detects and tries to Connect with the network but finally it fails. I tried some possible steps and it didnt work.

Can Someone help me to fix this ?

A:Unable to connect thru wifi

it may be that the hardware in the HCL PC does not support WPA-PSK - depending on how old - but also may just need a driver update

Whats the exact make and model of the HCL - see if a later driver is available from the manufacturers website

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-thru-wifi.965055/
Relevancy 64.07%

5/2013 purchased hp 2000 10/2013 personal info was hacked by $ lender scam personal settings then chrome's home page was changed laptop slowed down called hp support explained situation was told shut off computer and it would need repairs had no $ so let it sit few weeks ago gave laptop to my brothers tech guy he uses for his business he said windows 8 needed to be uninstalled close door that was used and I should close my accounts now the unit wont connect to home wifi but all other computers here work fine except mine

A:unable connect wifi

has windows 8 now been completely re-installed ?

can you connect to the router with a cable and does it work that way

is it a desktop or laptop ?
Check the wireless is switched ON
theres often a physical switch or a combination of the FN and one of the F keys to toggle the wireless on/off
often F2 is used - but note , not always - look for a symbol that looks a little like (( i ))

is the wireless on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-connect-wifi.1120555/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi

I am having 3rd generation Ipod Touch..In that i can able to connect with wifi...Only skype is connecting through wifi and no other applications are connecting through wifi...

Can you guys please tell me what i can do with that...otherwise can i configure proxy for that wireless connection and connect to that network somehow...

Please guys help me on this.....

advance thanks for you...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-wifi.1076029/
Relevancy 64.07%

I've bought this HP Notebook 14-ac144TU P3U54PA and have no idea to connect to wifi. Please let me know which drivers I have to install and what I have to do to enable my laptop connect to wifi?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-connect-wifi/td-p/5655795
Relevancy 64.07%

hello! I really need help After reinstalling my Windows I can not connect to wifi. I can see connection but it is impossible to connect to it. Windows writes me :Windows is unable to connect to wifi. I tried a lot of advice from the internet but it did not work.
Thank you for any help

Relevancy 64.07%

The wireless internet aspect of my daughter s laptop failed the Connect Working: Can't Point Internet Adapter to Access Recognized/Wireless It is a system board malfunction I Access Point Recognized/Wireless Adapter Working: Can't Connect to the Internet purchased a USB wireless adapter to overcome the issue and after installation it immediately connected to the access point which is connected to my wired Linksys router Cliff Notes Went to connect wirelessly in another room No connection Unplugged the power to router modem and access point for seconds in order to reset Did not resolve the issue Access point is recognized by the laptop and shows it connected and signal good Wireless adater in device manager recognized and fully working It is quot Device funtioning properly quot Attempted to do a repair several times but here is the repeated message quot Connot connect with DNS server Network Diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response quot So Access is functiong and recognized by the laptop as connected and signal is good The wireless adapter is recognized as fully functioning Yet I can t receive a response Advice please Networking isn t anywhere near a strong area for me One other thing My old Toshiba laptop connects with its a b miniwireless card nbsp

A:Access Point Recognized/Wireless Adapter Working: Can't Connect to the Internet

I assume your using some encryption mode? (WPA, WEP, etc.)

1. Make sure by the access point and the wireless adapter are set to use the same mode
2. Have you entered the network password correctly?

If any doubt, see if your router lets u backup its setttings. Then turn off all encryption in both the AP and adapter and see if they connect then (easiest way to prove it's an encryption issue )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/access-point-recognized-wireless-adapter-working-cant-connect-to-the-internet.148286/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi Let me begin by stating that I have only Setting on a Point printer) connect a (to an up Solved: Access to Wireless Network a basic understanding of Solved: Setting up an Access Point (to connect to a printer) on a Wireless Network how networks work I have setup small home office networks Solved: Setting up an Access Point (to connect to a printer) on a Wireless Network that used linksys routers and adapters that hooked up to DSL and also one that was strictly for Solved: Setting up an Access Point (to connect to a printer) on a Wireless Network file and printer sharing - but other than that I am a newb so please be extremely specific in your answers - I greatly appreciate your help and expertise The questions is What is the best way and HOW do I setup the following request Here is the situation I was asked by a coworker to setup a printer in his office that he could access with several laptops wirelessly The printer does not have built-in wifi but all of the laptops already have network adapter cards we bought a netgear WGR wireless router to use as an access point to accomplish this Our office internet is primarily wireless but there is one internet port in the wall in his office if needed I am wanting to hook the printer up to the existing wireless network so that he can be on the internet and print at the same time How can I accomplish this easily As for the existing network here is how it is setup - It appears as though it is Verizon DSL Connected to the wall is the modem which is a regular small looking plastic modem that I ve seen come with cheap residential plans Connected to that appears to be some type of relay or hub Then that is connected to what looked like a Linksys WRT G wireless router Will any of this work Without using the extra router we bought could I just use that one existing internet port in the office to plug directly into the printer Or Could I use that one port to plug directly into the extra router which then connects to the printer Somehow have that extra router connect wirelessly to the existing router and have the printer plug into that What is the easiest way and how specifically to do this Side Question and not as important right now Considering the network I described above internet to modem to hub to router in order to set that wireless network up securely I would only have to access the router and change the configuration right Or is it more complex Thanks again I really appreciate it nbsp

A:Solved: Setting up an Access Point (to connect to a printer) on a Wireless Network

If the printer is a network printer, and that wired connection in the office is connected to the same router as the wireless machines, you just need to plug it into that RJ45 jack and configure it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-setting-up-an-access-point-to-connect-to-a-printer-on-a-wireless-network.732391/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,

Hope you are all doing good. From past few days I am not able to connect to any wireless networks on my laptop which is running windows 7 64-bit. I didn't change/install anything, it stopped working suddenly. I was able to connect to LAN and it's working perfectly fine. All other devices (phones and others computers) are able to connect to my Wi-Fi networks. I tried many things like re-installing my Wi-Fi adapter drivers, reset my router, clearing the Wi-Fi networks and adding them, many reboots, and few steps like clearing DNS and other settings as per the instructions on the Microsoft website. Can you please review and advise a good solution. Please let me know if you need any further info.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks,
Nikhil.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400453-unable-connect-wifi-but-able-connect-lan.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi was wondering if anyone could help me out on this My Toshiba Satellite L recently stopped to wifi Unable connect Solved: to connecting to my WiFi it will connect with the Ethernet cable hooked to it I don t know what it could be my i pad connects to WiFi with no problem and i use bell fibreop and have a wireless tv that is connected to WiFi no problems i don t know much about ant of this any help please PS I did do a system rest and wiped it all back to factory thinking that would fix it but i had no luck as it still don t work Have a couple logs here if someone could please look at thanks so much Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tasha-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC Physical Address - C- F- B-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac aeac bc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February AM Lease Expires Friday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C- D- -B - -EB- - - E- DNS Servers NetBIOS Solved: Unable to connect to wifi over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address -EB- - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap ECA - FF- D - E - DC F E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d Solved: Unable to connect to wifi abd a ba f fdf Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe a ba f fdf Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Interface List c f b e Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC eb e Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Solved: Unable to connect to wifi Destination Gateway On-link On-link On-link d abd a ba f fdf On-link fe On-link fe On-link fe a ba f fdf On-link fe ac aeac bc On-link ff On-link ff On-link ff On-link Persistent Routes None I don t know if any of that will help or if you need more info nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

In my laptop, whenever i try to connect to my wifi connection, it doesn't shows it. While on all the other devices wifi is working perfectly fine.

Relevancy 63.64%

Hello nbsp My laptop has recently had the issue of not being able to connect to a wireless point nbsp The issue nbsp When I boot my laptop everything works fine for about a minute then my laptop tells me that the current access point is connected but has no internet after about another minute it doesn't detect any wireless points and wifi to Laptop connect to unable the whole system crashes Laptop unable to connect to wifi nbsp What Laptop unable to connect to wifi I've tried nbsp Waiting for my laptop to respond - It only responded once which I rebooted and the problem still persists Refreshing nbsp my laptop - The problem still persists Tethering my phone to my laptop - this works fine and I'm able to get consistent connections my laptop also doesn't drop out from the access pointsRan a wireless troubleshoot - Which helped somewhat error code at the foot of this post Updating my drivers - Problem still persitsWhat do you advise me to do nbsp Error message from network diagnostics nbsp The Broadcom BCM bgn Wi-Fi Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problemsThe Broadcom BCM bgn Wi-Fi Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems Not fixed Not Fixed The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Failed A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be brokenA network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken Not fixed Not Fixed Plug an Ethernet cable into this computer Failed Issues found Detection details The Broadcom BCM bgn Wi-Fi Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems Not fixed Not Fixed The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Failed Contact your administrator to resolve driver or hardware issues InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log File Name B CDD-E CB- F- D -A Repair etl A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken Not fixed Not Fixed

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-unable-to-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5809325
Relevancy 63.64%

PLEASE TELL ME THE HOW TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM   " WINDOWS UNABLE TO CONNECT WIFI" IN hP15 R062TU NOTEBOOK PC INSTALLED WITH WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 BIT OS.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WINDOWS-UNABLE-TO-CONNECT-WIFI/td-p/5703974
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey all!

Few days ago I got Acer V5-531. On this laptop, I can easily connect to wireless networks, but my home one. I could do it on my old laptop with no problems. How is it possible to solve this? It's getting quite annoying, especially knowing that this is the only network I can't connect to. In case with this network, it prompts password and then says "Unable to connect".

What have I tried

Air Mode is off
Updating/rolling drivers back
Resetting the router once (owned by neighbor, thus, I cant perform all maintenance on it)
router lights are on
pw is correct
wireless switch is on
What else can be done?
Thanks all!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/17915-unable-connect-certain-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 63.64%

when ever I switch on Laptop,wifi is unable to connect automatically,After trouble shooting by windows 10,the message displayed unable to connect.If I do power reset of my router then my laptop gets connected to wifi and am able to browse.
!: tried following methods to avoid power reset of router.
2:cmd prompt,ipconfig /release and next cmd ipconfig/renew,It did not work for long( flushing IP)
3:services.msc, then DHS and DNS restart.did not work.
4.i have to power reset my router everytime if my laptop has to connect to wifi.
pl suggest some ways.
5: if my wifi card is faulty ,then how it immediately connects to wifi once the power of router is off and on
[email protected]

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/wifi-unable-connect-laptop-4607515/
Relevancy 63.64%

hi all, I'm currently having trouble connecting to wifi, on a regular basis.

I have to connect and disconnect multiple times until the connection actually sticks, then its usually fine, ive tried trouble shooting to no avail. can anyone offer any help? likewise when I click the box to connect automatically the next time I go to use my computer it doesnt connect and the box is no longer clicked

I am fairly inexperienced with computers so I might be missing something simple.
I havent updated to 8.1 yet as my connection usually drops, computer is a laptop lenovo G580, the connections are a home one that has worked for xbox,xbone,phones, other laptops, and desktops. the other main connection this is a problem with is my school connection.
thanks for all the potential help

A:unable to connect to wifi on first attempt

This might help: Wired and wireless network problems - Microsoft Windows Help

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/43210-unable-connect-wifi-first-attempt.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Sir, I am facing problem with connectivity on WiFi... On available networks it always show can't connect to a network...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Unable-to-connect-to-any-WiFi-network-available/td-p/5847764
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,
i have hp 15-r007tx notebook and window 7 ultimate os. I have installed many drivers for wifi adapter - RT3290 802.11 b/g/n. It shows the available wifi networks.. but i am not able to connect to any network. Pls help.

Relevancy 63.64%

Ever since I got internet home service with Charter, I have been unable to connect to public hotspots. or rather I can connect for about 15 sec, and then my computer automatically disconnects. This never happened when I had home service with Verizon. Is there a setting that needs to be changed on my HP?

A:unable to connect to public wifi

Do you actually get connected and are able to see a web page at a public hotspot? Have you made SURE your firewall is properly configured to allow you to connect to the hotspot? Perhaps you've restricted the connection to a specific IP address subnet?
Let's see this when you're at home, and again when you try to connect to a public hotspot.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-public-wifi.864330/
Relevancy 63.64%

I hope that this is the correct location to post this issue Connect to on Wifi Unable to Devices All and that this request for assistance finds you in good Unable to Connect to Wifi on All Devices health The core issue in my home is that I cannot connect to the WiFi router an all-in-one modem Unable to Connect to Wifi on All Devices router provided by my ISP The brand is Arris if that helps ascertain what I m talking about Now I run an Ethernet cord from the router to my computer the computer works just fine As of a day ago though none of the home s Apple devices will connect to the network despite reboots password retypes and shouting at them Each device two phones and an ipad can identify my network but they cannot join Additionally there is an old laptop that cannot connect anymore Here s the wrinkle as near as I can see it The Nexus connects just fine via the WiFi and it has not needed to reboot or to have the password retyped The aforementioned devices have suddenly stopped working and despite searching these and other forums my Google-fu has not yielded any answer to this particular question AFAIK I have seen others post this information so though I m not sure it s relevant I ll provide it just in case Thank you for your time and attention in this matter whatever you feel that you can and have spared Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ghidra Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd tn comcast net Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address D -A - E- -FE-EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tn comcast net Description Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address D - - - - B- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d bdc e c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -AE- A-C - C- - E- B- C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tn comcast net Description Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address C - C- - E- B- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fb c e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -AE- A-C - C- - E- B- C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C BA - - CAE-AC - F F B F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c c bbca d dc Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c c bbca d dc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap hsd tn comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tn comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I try to connect to hotspot in friends phone for file transfer from WIFI.
But since my friends data connection is off, and when i try to connect , it shows me "no internet access" and wifi doesnot get connected .
After turning on-off wifi multiple times (around 15-20 times), sometimes it gets connected . But it never gets connected in 1 shot .
Is it compulsory to have internet access to connect to a hotspot?
Is it bug or feature of windows ?
I use lumia 640xl lte with latest windows 10 Anniversary update.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436870-unable-connect-wifi-if-internet-not-available.html
Relevancy 63.64%

My laptop is unable to connect to my home wifi network after it had ip conflict last night. I tried network troubleshooting it and it always ask me to investigate the router. I tried to reset the modem a few times but my laptop still could not connect to it while my roommates and my phone could. Then I remove my wifi profile and attempt to connect back to the network. However, the same problem persist.My laptop model is Asus A43S and having Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1. Anyone who can help me on this? I'm currently using my roommate's laptop for Internet. Thanks

Relevancy 63.64%

Hello, I'm having some wifi issues. In the past few weeks I've only been able to use the internet on my laptop when connected via ethernet, despite having used the same wireless, router, laptop, etc perfectly fine for years!

When I first start up my laptop, I can see the list of my available connections. I press connect for my usual home router and then it will say "Windows was unable to connect to blahblahblah". And then the list will have a red cross and claim no connections are available. 

If I press troubleshoot problem, Windows Network Diagnostics says to "investigate router or access point issues", which involves turning the device off (done this several times). When I select "check to see if problem is fixed", it thinks for a bit then says "Windows cannot resolve your wireless connectivity issue".

Please can you help?  

A:Windows unable to connect to Wifi

Welcome to BC. !

Have you Reset the router ?....this usually involves inserting the end of a paperclip into a tiny hole located on the router itself......google the name of the router and it will show you where that hole is.
The word Reset should be written directly above/beside the hole.

To do this, press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds. NOTE: Resetting your router to its default factory settings will also reset your router's password. The router's default password is “admin” as for the username, just leave the field blank.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582941/windows-unable-to-connect-to-wifi/
Relevancy 63.64%

My workstation is running Windows Professional I cannot connect to the internet after using adwcleaner to remove the Ads by Advertise from my browser At that point Chrome presented this message DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN So Wifi or connect the Unable to to Internet I did a Google search for that phrase and tried various recommended actions including various ipconfig commands from the cmd window as an Admin No luck Then followed instructions to change Unable to connect to Wifi or the Internet the TCP IPv DNS settings to use and alt Still no luck Read some threads the that Winsock settings in the registry may be corrupt Referred to a MS too called FixIT Instructions said to use msinfo to check Components gt Network gt Protocol and make sure various Titles were present If not run FixIT FixIT was supposed to delete all entries and then replace the missing ones Didn't work It only deleted And now I get this message when trying to connect and can not longer connect to my Wifi DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET Did more searching and found a list of tools to help repair Winsock issues Ran these three utilities none of which helped Maybe Winsock is not the issue Maybe I used these incorrectly I don't know I am pretty discouraged that I have created a digital Gordian Knot Complete Internet Repair Winsock Fix WinsockReset Finally decided to come here for help Here is the log file from adwCleaner in case it is helpful for troubleshooting AdwCleaner v - Logfile created at Updated by Xplode Database - - Server Operating system Windows Professional Service Pack x Username Chris Zachidny - ASUS Running from C Users Chris Zachidny Downloads AdwCleaner exe Option Clean Support http toolslib net forum Services Folders - Folder Deleted C Program Files x FlvPlayer - Folder Deleted C Users Chris Zachidny AppData Roaming download Manager - Folder Deleted C Users Chris Zachidny AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu FLV Player Files I have a laptop set up next to the troubled workstation and am ready to follow your instructions Happy to compensate or tip for you timely helpful assistance Thank you in advance for your consideration Chris SpaceCowboy -

A:Unable to connect to Wifi or the Internet

Restart your computer.As the computer is starting, continue tapping F8 as before and select Repair your computer option.start the windows 7 recovery-environment and try to run system restore from there.Choose a restore point that is more than 10 days old!How the pc is running now?Please try only one restore point and then post results her

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610689/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-or-the-internet/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi

I have installed a TP Link W8960N router and it is working fine using the ethernet cable. I have installed a realtek 11n USB adapter but cannot get it to connect to the router.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and whereas previously today it found my router (but wouldn't connect it says not associated) when I search now it doesnt even come up!

Windows device manager says the adpater is working properly

When installing router and adapter I set them both to WPA2 and used the same passkey.
I am using Windows 7

Please can someone advise

thanks

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I've searched the web endlessly trying to solve this problem with one of my laptops - without any luck at all Hoping someone here is able to assist My main PC laptops an iPhone and an iPad all connect to my home wifi network All worked perfectly until days ago The laptops and my PC all run Windows all updated days ago my Toshiba own connect to wifi Unable to network Qosmio stopped Unable to connect to own wifi network being able to Unable to connect to own wifi network connect to my home network All other devices still connect perfectly The Qosmio doesn't detect my wifi network I immediately went to the network adapter's Qualcomm Atheros website and downloaded the latest driver Installed it and for a brief very brief time it could once again detect and connect to the network Last days unable to either detect or connect It detects other networks Unable to connect to own wifi network fine and has no problems connecting to any other network - except mine doesn't even detect mine anymore It connects to the iPhone when used as a hotspot without any issues I've uninstalled and re-installed the new driver re-booted the wireless router several times re-set the router to factory settings used Windows trouble shooter checked amp deleted the netsh profiles Re-booted the laptop a dozen times disabled amp uninstalled software for the laptop's Bluetooth It simply stopped working I've tried everything I can find on the web - without any success at all I've had the laptop sitting only a few cm from the router Not sure where else I can go with this now - it has quite defeated me If anyone has any suggestions please help Getting very very frustrated Thanks

A:Unable to connect to own wifi network

how does the LAN work is it connecting? Do you have Reserve IP for each of your devices on your router?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/54411-unable-connect-own-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Cisco Lynksis Router Model WRT120N - which is connect wirelessly to my MAC home computer. I also have a Dell D630 Laptop using WindowsXP. I have recently moved and my laptop used to connect to my wireless router (when I was at my old house) But now at my new house my laptop wont connect. It will connect wirelessly at other locations. The laptop picks up the wireless name and shows full strength. I have trouble shot a little. Help Please!

A:Unable to connect to wifi at home

Do you have service pack 3?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-at-home.1070180/
Relevancy 63.64%

I'm unable to connect with some Hotel wifi's but many others there's not an issue. The hotels where I can not connect sees the wifi and says it connects, but the browse and everything else says it's not connected. When connected to many Hotels a splash page will appear for acknowledgements or passwords, but no splash pages appear when I can not connect. I have not updated or know that I need to update my wifi drivers, but the Hotels I'm having issues with are not the ones with the newest routers and my home wifi is the latest technology.

I've had issues in the past and I do not remember any of the solutions. Would flushing the DNS help? I'm running Win 8.1.

Thank you

A:Unable to connect to wifi at some hotels and able to with many others

Some of it will depend how the hotel manages their network. Some use passwords, some use splash screens and some just have open networks. Some splash redirects don't work right away and take a couple minuets to come up. specially if its a small hotel and its check in time. Other redirects don't work with some browsers like Chrome. Last, try manually entering in a website in the address bar to trigger the redirect. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616743/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-at-some-hotels-and-able-to-with-many-others/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello geeks,
I am enable to connect my organization AD USER wifi on new DELL lattitude E5470 laptop. (OS Win 7 Ent)
But other series laptop connected properly we have reinstall the OS on new laptop also drivers are updated . other SSID are working fine with this laptop like GUEST and SECURE but when we tried to configure manually every time we unchecked the server validatate
certificate mark then it will connect but when we log off the computer its again dissconnected and not able to connect automatically.
We have used 3 AD user credentials every user got same issue with this new laptop .:(
Some times manually also not configured our local NOC team is also checked from access point level but mo luck they said we have created same settings for all series laptop so dont know how to resolve this issue ....
Need your help 
Thanks in advance !!!
Regards 
Siddhesh R

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fa8c9fc4-59f5-45b1-97c5-3df001e18e7c/unable-to-connect-aduser-wifi?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 63.64%
Relevancy 62.78%

i have a acer laptop running windows 7 ultimate. I am unable to connect to public WiFi hotspots. But i m able to connetc to ad hocs and my mobile WiFi hotspot. Please recommend a solution

A:Unable to connect to public WiFi networks

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\SLN>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : SLN-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Mixed
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 3:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Spotflux Network Device Driver
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-FF-95-DB-43-E2
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-22-FB-4A-B4-66
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9010:eaf2:ae86:74ae%13(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.43.239(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 26 September 2012 21:43:08
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 26 September 2012 22:43:08
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.43.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.43.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234889979
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-17-00-87-CA-00-1F-16-9E-5C-76

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.43.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con
troller (NDIS 6.20)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1F-16-9E-5C-76

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 17:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #8
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:4137:9e76:10cd:3954:8a19:3dfa(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::10cd:3954:8a19:3dfa%11(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft 6To4 Adapter:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #3

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 13:

Description . . . . . . . . . . ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-public-wifi-networks.1070455/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I hope someone can help I am on holiday in Spain attempting to connect to a residential wireless network on a router that was installed up connect to 2nd on laptop to Unable wifi Solved: by an engineer this morning When the engineer was here he connected an HP laptop using XP to the wireless router At first there was an issue with the connection seemingly the same error message I am getting now he did something to the wireless settings on the laptop which stupidly I didn t see and Solved: Unable to connect to wifi on 2nd laptop it successfully connected When I attempted to connect my laptop to the same wireless router I got the same error message Connection Unsuccessful I clicked Diagnose Problem and got this This computer has got limited or no connectivity I first selected the Automatically get new IP settings for the network adapter but this didn t solve the problem I then viewed the Wireless Network Security Settings and as far as I can see they are identical to those on the HP laptop that has successfully connected Security Type No Authentication open Encryption Type WEP Network Security Key Key Index I then connected my laptop to the router using the ADSL cable and was able to connect to the internet but I am still unable to get a wireless connection When I view the wireless connections I am Connected With Limited Access I have included information below about laptop router types I m not sure if anything else is required Please also bear in mind I am in Spain on holiday and my Spanish will definitely not be sufficient to try and communicate successfully with the telephone company The person I am staying with is fluent in Spanish and English but is even more of a computer illiterate than me ISP MOVISTAR ROUTER XAVI CONNECTION TYPE WIRELESS WIRELESS ENCRYPTION WEP OPERATING SYSTEM WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM NO SERVICE PACKS INSTALLED BROWSER FIREFOX C Users Misha gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Misha gt PING YAHOO COM Pinging YAHOO COM with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Misha gt NBTSTAT -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- LAPPYTOP lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt E gt GROUP Registered LAPPYTOP lt gt UNIQUE Registered Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- LAPPYTOP lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt E gt GROUP Registered LAPPYTOP lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered C Users Misha gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Lappytop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List local lan Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -E -BF- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b a d cfd f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - B- -BA- C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f bcc be f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February... Read more

A:Solved: Unable to connect to wifi on 2nd laptop

can we see an xirrus screen shot

Have you got the correct password for WEP for the wireless setting
remove the wireless profiles and reconnect and re-enter the password - see below

whats the make and model of the router - i would log intothe router and remove the WEP setting and see if you can now connect

Wireless Profiles
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- Vista/Windows7:
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=214
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all
--

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-wifi-on-2nd-laptop.982327/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi guys I had a look around and tried different solutions proposed but so far nothing solved I also searched on this forum but still Wifi, connect windows 10 public to to Unable nothing useful found If I missed the right topic I'm sorry I'll provide to erase this asap My problem is that I'm not able to access internet in every public free wifi connection that requires no password No problem at all when I access to a protect wifi everything runs as is supposed to be But when I try to connect to open wifi I have no internet connection So yes I can see Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10 the name of the public wifi connect to it but still have no internet while people around me have no problem it says no interne open It doesn't even appear the pop up page to accept the conditions I've tried disable the firewall the antivirus and many extensions that I thought could interfere with it as AdBlock I have other extension as WOT Lastpass ProxFlow and Mailtrack But on Chrome so I thought there should be no problem for Internet Eplorer Thanks in advance and let me know if i should tell sometime more about my pc please try not to be too technic I use my laptop a lot but I'm no expert

A:Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10

Try to Reset your WiFi : Settings>Network & Internet>Network Reset. You will lose all the Passwords and Config. Windows will reboot ,but it waits 5 min. to do it.
Try to Reset Firewall: Control Panel>Firewall>Restore Defaults . There is also an Option "Troubleshoot my Network"
Try the Troubleshooter: Control Panel>Troubleshooting>View All>Internet Connection

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/66670-unable-connect-public-wifi-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Just completed upgrade to windows 8 from 7 but am unable to connect to my wifi. Have iPad and MacBook that are still connected fine but my pc can now no longer find any wifi networks. If I select change pc settings I have no networking options available. If I access the desktop, control panel and network connections nothing I do will allow it to connect to a network. HELP!!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/17111-unable-connect-wifi-following-windows-7-8-upgrade.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I have just moved homes and I am unable to connect wirelessly to the internet through the network in my new house The computer is connected to the network with excellent signal strength but access shows as local only and will not connect to the to to unable wifi connections connect some Solved: internet All other computers have been able to Solved: unable to connect to some wifi connections connect to the internet with no problems and my computer will connect to other wifi connections no problem I can connect with a wire directly to the router but no luck with wifi I have also had this problem with one previous wifi network I have tried many things including taking the compter to a computer shop for them to look at and having another professional look at it but so far no luck Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard D CND S Q Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp