Windows Support Forum

Belkin Wireless N+ Adaptor, only 54mbps?

Q: Belkin Wireless N+ Adaptor, only 54mbps?

I currently have a Belkin Wireless N router and have been using the standard wireless card in my laptop to connect to it which only supports wireless G, so I just purchased a Belkin N+ wireless adaptor and set it up but it only shows 54mbps when wireless N should be 300mbps? Are wireless N and N+ two different things? Ive tried setting my router to wireless N only and the adapter picks up the router, but refuses to connect to it. Any ideas on how to get it to connect in wireless N to my router?

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Belkin Wireless N+ Adaptor, only 54mbps?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 93.31%

Hi

I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop with a Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN Wireless NIC. It will only connect to my new wireless-N router (Belkin Vision ADSL) at 54mbps. The signal is strong and both the router and NIC are in wireless-N mode. No other devices are currently connected.

I'm stumped. Anyone got any ideas?

A:Wireless N NIC won't connect to Belkin Vision router at more than 54mbps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-n-nic-wont-connect-to-belkin-vision-router-at-more-than-54mbps.924024/
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a belkin f5d7050 id k7sf5d7050a can't get it to workon xp the drivers won't work and iv done a hardware scan and it says it's a different make and model all together saying it is mwn-USB modelink please help need it fast

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-wireless-adaptor-help.1016218/
Relevancy 82.56%

I ll try to keep this short I ve recently moved house in the UK and have had to switch my broadband supplier to BT They supply a wireless router in this case the BT Home Hub I connected it yesterday and it works fine My Asus EEE netbook and Windows Adaptor 7..? Belkin Wireless N vs my HTC Desire HD phone connected no problem However I cannot get my desktop PC to connect It runs Windows bit and I m trying to use a Belkin Belkin N Wireless Adaptor vs Windows 7..? N Wireless USB network adaptor Model number F D version which is W compatible I have run the Belkin install software Belkin N Wireless Adaptor vs Windows 7..? which appears to install ok and the adaptor shows up in Devices and Printer ok However the Belkin Wireless Utility wouldn t install and when I try to find a network to connect to there is nothing showing I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the Belkin software both from the disc and from the Belkin support page to no avail When I run BT s software it gets so far before it says that the adaptor is not WPA compatible and switch it to WEP The blurb on the box shows that the adaptor is WPA WPA and WEP compatible so not sure what s going on there I diabled the Belkin N Wireless Adaptor vs Windows 7..? wifi whatnot in the netbook and used the adaptor on it and it picked up many wifi networks in the area including mine and sucessfully connected to it so I don t think it s the adaptor as such but rather that it won t run on my machine I ve tried it in several different USB ports with no joy I have managed to get the Belkin wireless Utility to run on the PC now but it s not showing any networks I m hoping that there is some simple setting that I can change which will magically make everything better but I m not holding out any hope I have picked the brains of a couple of IT savvy mates but they seem bewildered by it too Help please nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

Hey there,

Trying to install a Belkin Wireless or Retail Plus+ N USB Adapter, which the microsoft page says is compatible with Windows 7 (for the Belkin) and receiving an error basically saying the driver is not compatible with this operating system.

This is a brand new computer that came with Windows 7 installed and has 0 internet access right now....what can you suggest?

Also, I do have a wired internet access point in my house I can move it to, if there is something I need to download I can probably do this.

It's been hours, and I feel like I may have to take the whole thing back.

I would prefer to use the Retail Plus+ USB adapter for this system if given the choice, since the Belkin is in use on another computer in the house, but I'll take whatever is out there.

A:Belkin or Retail Plus+ Wireless N USB Adaptor

Belkin : Support

Try there,download to a usb and transfer the files over and install.

IMO i would bring the pc online,much quicker.

Thats for drivers,as for it not being compatable im no expert..que expert

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/31549-belkin-retail-plus-wireless-n-usb-adaptor.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I really want to thank to who ever can solve this situation for me I recently bought myself problem Belkin :( 150 N Adaptor Wireless a Belkin's wireless adaptor usb First time using a wireless router Thanks to the router I'm able to to get connected with my ps my other computer's and other web design contraptions When I bought the USB Adaptor for my PC it worked fine for a couple of weeks Until Monday afternoon when my internet began to respond slowly and until it got cut off disconnected I presume Later on yesterday I had to uninstall it and resintall it The same process as my Nintendo Wifi usb whenever I shutdown the computer then turned it back on I wouldn't get connectivity When I finished reinstalling it I got my internet back working Today the samething happened again During the process of uninstalling and reinstalling the software I was unable to pick up the connection It some Belkin Wireless Adaptor N 150 problem :( how got connected to my wireless network but it wouldn't feed the internet I notice also whenever I'd install it again The wireless USB becomes quot Belkin wireless adaptor USB quot then after the next reinstallation process number and Not sure if that's disrupting anything The belkin usb Model is F D V hope that helps I can't get online that's the problem

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/262984-belkin-wireless-adaptor-n-150-problem.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi ive got windows 7 ultimate.

Ive been trying to install my wireless drivers, when you run them form CD everything seems fine and says installed, but when it says connect your usb device it starts to instal the intantly stops and says driver not installed..

A:Belkin F5D8053 N Wireless USB adaptor Windows 7

Right click on it in device manager. Browse. Let me pick. Have disk. Browse. Now find the .inf and double click on it. Hit ok so it installs.

You might have to extract from the .exe driver installer first if that's what you have.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/36574-belkin-f5d8053-n-wireless-usb-adaptor-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Any ideas how I can get this working in Windows 7 64bit final retail version? (it worked fine in the 32bit release candidate) Windows can't find any drivers for it and the latest ones on Belkins website don't work

A:Belkin F5D8053N Wireless Adaptor Problem

Welcome to SevenForums chrislis
From looking at Belkin support page no drivers for x64 are yet available for your adapter. However they indicate that they might be available in the future. You may be able to find a work around but I have not been able to locate one for you. Good luck to you with this problem. I hope that you stay with us here at SF.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/32727-belkin-f5d8053n-wireless-adaptor-problem.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Just purchased a new computer from best buy today with windows 7 (obviously), along with that I also purchased a belkin branded wireless network adaptor. I follow the setup directions all the way through until it tells me to restart the computer for the software to work. When it boots back up, it recognizes the network adaptor but the driver for the adaptor is non-existent like it never installed in the first place, thus the adaptor not being able to work and connect to the internet. I've also tried installing the driver with windows firewall turned off, but still no luck.

Here's the model number for the adaptor: F6D4050 v2

As a side note, this is my first computer that I've bought brand new....Everything else I always bought used, so I'm sorta on a rough start lol. Any help would be much appreciated.

A:Belkin wireless network adaptor not installing

Hi gorilla

Check for drivers at:

Belkin : Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/30856-belkin-wireless-network-adaptor-not-installing.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello all What a great forum you have going here when Adaptor in Crashing pluging Belkin Wireless the tutorials and the content is amazing Well done and keep up the great work I need some HELP i Crashing when pluging in Belkin Wireless Adaptor have been having a lot of problems with my Windows install using i have finally managed to get it quite stable after a lot of crashing but i still have a HUGE PROBLEM Last night i plugged in my wireless PCI Card a Belkin F Crashing when pluging in Belkin Wireless Adaptor D xx and installed it through Device manager and i didnt need a driver CD Windows installed it spot on and it worked great even shut down re-booted and NO Issues The problem today i have come to my PC and booted it up and it locked up straight away on the user page so i had no option but to use the main power switch to shut down so i unplugged the Belkin card and it booted spot on with no problems so i plugged in my card and straight away the power light lit up on the card and CRASH PC locked up if i unplug it again it still remains in the crashed state so again i use the main power button This time i decided to boot in safe mode with the Belkin card fitted and well i was shocked it booted up with no issues at all and connects to teh internet fine I am extremely confussed my laptop is not very powerfull its a compaq presario ghz and gb ram could that be an issue oh im running -bit beta I really hope you can help me im not im going to have to re-install XP cannot live without the internet Thank you in advance Chris

A:Crashing when pluging in Belkin Wireless Adaptor

Quote: Originally Posted by chrisgray21

Hello all

What a great forum you have going here, the tutorials and the content is amazing .... Well done and keep up the great work

I need some HELP... i have been having a lot of problems with my Windows 7 install (using 7000) i have finally managed to get it quite stable after a lot of crashing but i still have a HUGE PROBLEM.

Last night i plugged in my wireless PCI Card a Belkin F5D7010xx and installed it through Device manager and i didnt need a driver CD, Windows installed it spot on and it worked great, even shut down re-booted and NO Issues....

The problem, today i have come to my PC and booted it up and it locked up straight away on the user page, so i had no option but to use the main power switch to shut down .. so .. i unplugged the Belkin card and it booted spot on with no problems so i plugged in my card and straight away the power light lit up on the card and CRASH PC locked up if i unplug it again it still remains in the crashed state so again i use the main power button ... This time i decided to boot in safe mode with the Belkin card fitted and well i was shocked, it booted up with no issues at all and connects to teh internet fine ....

I am extremely confussed, my laptop is not very powerfull its a compaq presario 2500 2.4ghz and 1gb ram could that be an issue .. oh im running 32-bit beta 7000

I really hope you can help me, im not im going to have to re-install XP cannot live without the internet

Thank you in advance

Chris

Try these drivers. Netgear WG111v2 beta driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/2622-crashing-when-pluging-belkin-wireless-adaptor.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi ethernet D-link Wireless adaptor bridge Belkin with My wireless router D-link DI Belkin Wireless with D-link ethernet adaptor bridge packed up resently and stopped sending out a signal for internet or to my wireless bridge so I had to buy another one Bought a Belkin N Wireless Router on the advice of the shop assistant seemed to know his stuff plus it came with a USB wireless adapter which is Belkin Wireless with D-link ethernet adaptor bridge handy The USB adaptor is connected to the PC in my room allowing me to get on the Internet and the router downstairs connects other PC we have to Internet too Since I used to have a D-link wireless router I also bought a D-link DWL ethernet adaptor wireless bridge thing in my room which was allowing me to connect to Xbox Live before Now since I have changed the wireless router to a different make got a new one what exactly do I have to do in order for the D-link DWL in my room to communicate with the new Belkin Router I bought in order for me to connect to Xbox live for online gaming I imagine I have to change setitings on the new router but wouldn t know where to start anyone got any advice thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-wireless-with-d-link-ethernet-adaptor-bridge.833556/
Relevancy 80.84%

I am really confused ... basically I was using vista home premium 64bit, I bought the windows 7 home premium upgrade and installed it as an upgrade over Vista. Everything worked fine but my system seemed slow, I thought this may be down to lots of old unused Vista files clogging up my pc as i don't see that windows 7 completely removed them all, I decided to format my hard drive and do a clean install of windows 7. Once it had installed my network adaptor didn't work, i tried the vista drivers, looked on belkins website but no newer ones on there and just a note to say windows 7 drivers coming soon basically!

The thing is i know it can work in Windows 7 because when i upgraded from vista it worked fine but on a clean install it won't, any ideas how i can get it working on a clean install?!!

A:Belkin F5D8053N Wireless Adaptor Windows 7 64 bit Issue

I am kind of in the same position on one machine I have with a D-LINK wireless card.

Some hardware manufacturers are not always quick off the mark with Windows 7 support, are they?

Might mean I get to buy some other card soon - I am NOT going to wait for a vendor to get round to Windows 7, 64 bit support.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/32674-belkin-f5d8053n-wireless-adaptor-windows-7-64-bit-issue.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Still not getting connection with Router at startup I have installed all available upgrades drivers firmware updates and am still having the same problem GatewayE mb ATI RAge pro g gand outrider usb gHDD Generic cd Optprite x Belkin WGT624, 54Mbps Netgear WirelessG CDRW Outrider usb x CDRW PCI port out- in USBcard one MultiCard read write-usb and one belkin wireless adapter g PCI OS-Win pro w Office Here is the problem I was having no trouble with any of my sys then suddenly my wireless began to not connect with the home LAN I forgot That part of this mess consists of an SMC cable modem and NETGEAR wireless Router There are four other systems of varying type also connected and no probs My sons system is doing the same thing and the only thing the two sys have in commom is the operating system If I uninstall- reinstall the card w o reboot itworks fine If I reboot it shows Netgear WGT624, Belkin WirelessG 54Mbps the Netgear WGT624, Belkin WirelessG 54Mbps card to be working but will not connect Specifically diag shows it to be transmitting not recieving My sons system does exactly the same thing and like I said it has nothing physically incommon Netgear does not seem to be Netgear WGT624, Belkin WirelessG 54Mbps the culprit could it be Pro When I installed it I was informed that scrcons exe was missing but it is not it is present this happened when settingup my sons sys as well I can use the system as is I simply hate little mysteries like this Any Help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wgt624-belkin-wirelessg-54mbps.373275/
Relevancy 72.67%

After my faithful old Belkin G wireless adaptor pcacked it in I went out and got a new Netgear N adaptor plus the two USB adaptors for PC and PC I removed the adaptor card from PC and uninstalled the drivers etc getr Adaptor "debris" software rid Cannot Wireless of from Belkin from the original CD installation disc and then moved onto installed thre Netgear stuff After a nightmare of installation errors I got into such a mess that even Netgear themselves could not sort it out but to move on I decided to reformat the HDD as it was full of all sorts of garbage over a Cannot getr rid of "debris" software from Belkin Wireless Adaptor few years and this went quite nicely and I successfully reinstalled Vista Home with no undue problems But even after formatting the HDD Windows still quot quot knows quot somehow that a Belkin was installed in the past as Update keeps offering to reinstall the driver etc and the Network keeps dropping off Netgear and trying to connect ot Belkin I would have thought that after a total format then name Belkin would have disappeared for all time So questions how does Windows know thatr in tghe past therwe was a Belkin router etc installed and two how can I get rid of the offending entries in the Rehistry I have prowled every nook and cranny on both PC s digging out anything like Belkin and the only ones remaining are as stated above in the Registry Driving me nuts Not tb be defeated I used Reg Edit to weed out any Berlkin entries on BOTH PC s but found there were registry entries that quot could not be deleted quot under such folders as quot Friendly Names quot and quot Mfg quot etc So after nbsp

A:Cannot getr rid of "debris" software from Belkin Wireless Adaptor

Please provide you computer model and manufacturer. Can you also plean explain how you performed your "format" and re-install of your OS.

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-getr-rid-of-debris-software-from-belkin-wireless-adaptor.784855/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi there,

I got a new Dell desktop - XPS7100 in April with Wireless N Wlan card and everything was running fine speed wise however for last two weeks I am suddenly only being able to get maximum speed of 54mbps on my wi-fi connection.

I have installed drivers to latest etc but still cannot get back to the speeds I should be getting on my 50Meg BB.

Nothing has changed with the router or anything so am at a loss as to why this has suddenly happened.

Help please!

A:Wireless N only getting 54mbps

try releasing control from the application that came with the wireless device and turning it back over to windows, or vice versa, whichever may be the case. This is usually a application oriented problem in my experience and not a hardware oriented once (unless signal strength is an issue)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/166569-wireless-n-only-getting-54mbps.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My belkin usb wireless has green when i go onto the belkin wireless utility page but has a warning sign between my compter and internet and the other one. I dont know what to do because it hasent changed location with only a floor and a desk between them. Any help is really appriciated

My computer is XP
it is a HP

Thanks

A:Belkin USB Adaptor Not Connecting

can we see an xirrus screen shot
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to haveNET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/ or
if you want to optimise base station position and signal strength / dead spots use
http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/apgrapher/ which has a graph function to monitor signal
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-usb-adaptor-not-connecting.1064205/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi everyone,
I reinstalled a Belkin wireless adaptor F6D4050 CD on to my computer because i reinstalled windows vista and everything came off, but when the CD prompts me to insert the wireless adapter, the green light comes on the adapter but nothing comes up on the computer and it still prompts me to insert the wireless adapter. So i came to the conclusion that the adapter doesn't work anymore. It use to work previously before i reinstalled windows vista.

Please could somebody help me with this problem

Thank you.

A:My Belkin adaptor is not working

Have you tried removing the adaptor and installing it when prompted by the CD installation procedure?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/295870-my-belkin-adaptor-not-working.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Not a problem as such, just something I wondered whilst bored the other day.

If I had a 54mbps wireless router, with 1 client connected wirelessly, the computer would get the full 54mbps.
If I had 2 computers connected wirelessly, would both have 54mbps or would both ahve a throughput of somewhere nearer 27mbps?

As I said, just something I wondered about that may be helpful at a later time.

- Jack

Relevancy 64.93%

I decided to buy a new Router to try and get some quicker speeds, no luck so far, heres what I have.

Qwest DSL modem only 1.5Mbps connect to
A Cisco Linksys E2000 Advanced Wireless-N Router
with a CAT6 cable going between the modem and the router

What am I doing wrong.

Between the router and my DESKTOP computer I get 1 Gbps, but my speed for wireless is still only 54Mbps, I thought I could get this up to 150.

Thanks!

A:Wireless Connection ONLY 54MBps

Just to make sure your wireless adapter is wireless N also? If so then you might want to check your wireless settings. I had a similar problem with mine. When in mixed mode it would cut my rate down to 36Mbps instead of 54MBps despite my adapter being G like the router. When I would set it to G only everything was fine. Maybe you're having the same issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/142633-wireless-connection-only-54mbps.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi everyone,

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Belkin Wireless G router with a Belkin USB Network Adapter for my daughters com. I have the router up and running ok on my com, but I cant seem to find the installation disc that came with the network adapter that I plan to add to my daughters com.

My question is, can I still install this adapter without the installation disc? I found the driver page for it, but nothing else (see below).

http://web.belkin.com/support/download/download.asp?download=F5D7050&lang=1&mode=

Ill be using it on a com with Windows/ME installed and the model# of the Belkin Adapter is F5D7050

Thanks!

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,

I'm having trouble connecting my desktop computer to my Orange Livebox router using my "Belking Wireless G USB Network Adaptor" - It appears to be finding the router and displaying it, but is unable to connect to it.

So far it has either just said "waiting for network..." and then not done anything, or said "network is unavailable". The router is working fine because I can connect to is using my laptop.

I have tried deleting the connection, re-entering the passcode, taking off the encryption all together. I can also connect to the internet fine using the ethernet cable.

This is driving me mad!!

Please help!

Patrick

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

Basically i am trying to encypt my belkin wireless adaptor and am having a few problems. On my main computer I have an orange Livebox (router) which my second computer using the belkin adaptor connects to. The orange livebox is encrytped fine. I only found out today by pure chance that my belkin adaptor is not encrypted. I have just purchased a laptop and connected to the belkin adaptor without even doing anything!!

I have tried to work out how to add an encrytpion but its really complicated with me being such a novice of wireless networks. I have had a look at the Belkin user manual and to be honest its not much help. Its probably something really simple but for the life of me i can't figure it out!!

A:Belkin adaptor encryption problem

Hi
Depending on the os you are running on the laptop, running wpa/tkip security would probably be best as wep is insecure. How are your routers configured? Does one provide connection to the other? I would also disable ssid in the wireless router, and set a mac filter in the wifi router only allowing my laptop's mac. You might want to read up on how all these settings are made, here is a page on wpa/tkip to get you started:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_03july28.mspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-adaptor-encryption-problem.77110/
Relevancy 64.5%

I recently bought a Belkin Gigabit Powerline Adaptor for use in an office outside my home. It's not working well at all; the connection speed is painfully slow, baring no resemblence to that of my main computer, in line with my wirleess connection. Why is this? What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help?

thanks a lot

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

Basically i am trying to encypt my belkin wireless adaptor and am having a few problems. On my main computer I have an orange Livebox (router) which my second computer using the belkin adaptor connects to. The orange livebox is encrytped fine. I only found out today by pure chance that my belkin adaptor is not encrypted. I have just purchased a laptop and connected to the belkin adaptor without even doing anything!!

I have tried to work out how to add an encrytpion but its really complicated with me being such a novice of wireless networks. I have had a look at the Belkin user manual and to be honest its not much help. Its probably something really simple but for the life of me i can't figure it out!!

Relevancy 63.64%

DSL Provider: Verizon
DSL Manufacturer: Westell
Computer hooked to Modem: Windows Vista (2007)
---------------------------------------------------------
Wireless Adaptor: Belkin G Wireless USB Adapator
Computer that Need Internet: Windows XP (2000)
Ok so my C Drive on my XP totally crashed on Tuesday, so i reinstalled Windows. I looked up and reinstalled my Belkin adaptor but I cannot get my internet to work (It shows im reaching the Modem, but no Internet)
I think its a problem with my IP Adress becuase i kept getting an error like (TCP/IP not enabled) when i tried repairing the connection.

So, please IN DETAIL, explain to me from the very begining how EXACTLY to set up everything so that my Internet will work on my Windows XP computer.

Thank you in advance.

A:Setting up a Wirleless Network Using Belkin USB Adaptor

What is Windows XP (2000)?

Can you connect using a wired connection? I'd get that working before the wireless connection.

What is the exact model of that Westell modem? Why are you trying to use ICS, since that "modem" is probably a modem/router? If not, I'd spring for a $20-30 wireless router rather than ICS.

Let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

I'd like to see this as well.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-a-wirleless-network-using-belkin-usb-adaptor.717287/
Relevancy 63.64%

Concerning wireless routers, I need help understanding advertised speeds. Some advertise 54Mbps and some, 108-, 125-, etc.

The router will be used with two-year-old Compaq and Averatec laptops with built-in Wireless G; but, I might consider a Wireless PCMCIA card if it will increase LAN speed.

Brands and specific models don't have any bearing on my question; I'm just trying to understand the data rates and when/how it makes a difference in my real-world use of this wireless hardware on a LAN.

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,
I have updated its driver several times but it always give an error code 12 in device manager of WinXP.
Code 12: This device could not find suitable resources........

Would anyone please help me in this matter.

A:Zonet 2.4GHz/54Mbps Wireless card bus

Device Model Number

You need to tell people more about the device you may get help quicker.

Try to post the model number there are a lot of products made by Zonet. So there is no chance of help by just saying the product manufacturer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/zonet-2-4ghz-54mbps-wireless-card-bus.100948/
Relevancy 63.64%

I'm trying to make my laptop work with a wireless network adapter.
It gets stuck on 'Acquiring ip address'.
Running microsoft windows xp service pack 3
My router/modem (it's a 2-in-one provided by my ISP) is made by Inteno.
2 months ago i installed a portable modem and ran perfectly but after i stop using it i got "Erorr 623:The System Could Not Find the Phone Book Entry for This Connection." The portable modem is: "Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible)"
​Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : hellraiser

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : 3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible)

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-08-74-4B-DB-F7

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NETGEAR WG111v2 54Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-14-6C-6C-C5-BF

A:Netgear WG111v2 54Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter

Disable encryption and MAC Address filtering on the router and try to connect. Assuming success you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect. If unsuccessful please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wg111v2-54mbps-wireless-usb-2-0-adapter.801386/
Relevancy 63.64%

Im trying to install this on a Dell Demension 4700 with win xp professional, I get as far as the setup, but can't go any further, the software wont let me set up any wireless. Not sure what's going on could use some help please.
Heidi

A:NETGEAR WG311v3 54Mbps Wireless PCI Adapter

have you tried installing from device manager
you should have a yellow ? or ! right click and install from there and then point to the CD driver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wg311v3-54mbps-wireless-pci-adapter.1052141/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey all,

Not being a hardware type guy I'm having trouble finding any definitive info on this one.

Can anyone tell me for sure if the abovementioned router is capable of supporting ADSL2?

Can't find specs for it anywhere and even if I could it all reads like heiroglyphics to me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-dg834g-v2-54mbps-wireless-router.766782/
Relevancy 61.92%

I just bought a Zonet ZEW P Wireless USB Adpater Mbps from newegg com and the connections I get is capped at Mbps and I read some of the reviews and someone said they installed a windows driver Adapter, capped at Network Wireless need 54Mbps Connection with 11Mbps a help... and was runnin at Mbps Also they were talking about some Windows Xp Wireless zero Configuration service for WPA encryption What is that exactly do I need it Im not connecting to my own wireless network just to whatever is around my area I Wireless Network Connection capped at 11Mbps with a 54Mbps Adapter, need help... usually get the encrypted secure ones and some unsecure ones that I can actually use but Wireless Network Connection capped at 11Mbps with a 54Mbps Adapter, need help... the signal drops very low most of the time with those ones and I can t stay connected Do I need to download the Ralink driver that one of the reviewers mention to get connected to the secure conenctions What is WPA and WEP and whats the diffrence Heres the reviews from newegg I was talking about This part is a bit long but just read the bold print if your too lazy Very good reception ultra-compact size for desktop easy to The ZEW P is a unique G USB wireless adapter in that it is marketed as a quot desktop version quot It is about the size of five or six stacked credit cards so I suppose it will fit even the tiniest of desktops Most likely it is just a USB pen-style adapter in a different style case That being said it does perform well It consistantly maintains a Mbps connection and a signal from about feet It comes with a ft long USB cable so it is pretty easy to move around The software driver works well but the provided quot monitor quot utility is sorely lacking You ll need to use Windows XP wireless zero configuration service for configuration if you want to use WPA encryption - because Zonet s utility does not directly support WPA even though the box lists WPA If you plan to use this adapter under Windows K SE or ME - you won t be able to use WPA with the provided software - only WEP However the manufacturer of the chipset Ralink used in this adapter publishes it s own updated driver and utility software This updated software will support WPA directly on all windows operatings systems and the utility is slightly nicer overall This updated software is not yet available directly from Zonet - download the chipset software directly from Ralink In summary this is a great little wireless USB adapter - so long as you use Windows XP wireless zero configuration or update the driver and utility to the lastest provided by the chipset manufacturer No problems whatsoever This is the first wireless adaptor I ve ever owned and so far it s worked perfectly I installed the drivers restarted computer plugged in the adaptor it automatically found and connected to the network in just a few seconds after startup and I was ready to go In case you are wondering it is backwards compatible with USB and will automatically switch from b to g depending on what network it connects to this may be obvious to you but this is the first time I ve had a wireless system so it surprised me that it did it automatically Like some people have said the included configuration tool is a little too bare-bones and you re probably better off using Window s Wireless Zero program I noticed that my roomate s Linksys adaptor can identify more networks in the neighborhood so it may not have as good an antennae as the competition In either case it still registers as having quot excellent signal strength quot to my own network Highly recommended Good but no WPA in Windows I did not buy mine from Newegg The adapter has good range but not spectacular However it has no WPA for Windows and Zonet Tech Support told me they will not update software Just so you know if WPA is crucial to your w k Works well under Linux rt sourceforge net Bought one of these after giving up in frustration with a g PCI card This adapter worked immedi... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-capped-at-11mbps-with-a-54mbps-adapter-need-help.413374/
Relevancy 61.92%

Boy am I glad you advised to run your sysinfo it reminded me that I uninstalled an antivirus package and forgot to install the new one I have an SMCWBR S-N router and I m using a usb wireless adapter that says it supports n and promises speeds of mbps My signal strength is excellent yet my speed is only mbps This is the only wireless connection on my network I have PCs connected at mbps and a Dish Wireless runs adapter only Solved: w/150mbps Laptop at USB 54mbps DVR connected at who knows what speed I ve been trying to read questions and answers from others online and I keep reading that ISP speed plays a role How does my ISP s speed affect my wireless network s speed Plus I run speedtest net all the time and my download speed is Solved: Laptop w/150mbps USB Wireless adapter only runs at 54mbps usually mbps But my question is simply why is my speed so low and what can I do about it Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm Mobile Technology ML- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI MOBILITY RADEON XPRESS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Solved: Laptop w/150mbps USB Wireless adapter only runs at 54mbps D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard B Antivirus None nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L500D PLSK0A-00U009 And i can connect to the internet fine but the speed is incredibly slow and no matter what i do i cant fix it ive tryed Reinstalling and fiddling with the settings and with no luck. Does anyone know how to fix the problem with the speed im having www.speedtest.net test shows the speed at 0.52kbp/s Download and upload at 1.45kbp/s Please help

A:Problems with Realtek RTL8187SE Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps PCIE Network Adapter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-realtek-rtl8187se-wireless-802-11b-g-54mbps-pcie-network-adapter.997509/
Relevancy 60.2%

Is there a difference or are they one in the same? Want to hook up XBOX 360 using Wireless G adaptor. I have the Wireless Router.

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi All Here at work we recently had an wireless shows adaptor signal find utility cannot in but networks, Wireless levels access point installed for customer access to the internet We have had no problems with anyone access the network until today I am not that knowledgeable with wireless so please forgive me if I fail to give you what you need to help Installed D-Link DWL-G AP Wireless Access point normally customer just click on connect to networks and their adapter finds the many wireless networks in our area about They choose our network and type in the network key and they are connected We have a customer in this morning now that cannot connect Here is what I have found If you click on the wireless icon choose connect to any network You get quot Cannot find any network quot I Wireless adaptor cannot find networks, but shows signal levels in wireless utility then setup a connection manually still does not find networks Here is the weird part If you go into the Control Panel choose Wireless Config Utility Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility Choose site monitor site It shows a list of the wireless networks and there signal strength So the wireless adapter is receiving the wireless signals but will not connect or show them in the list of wireless networks I would really appreciate help in figuring out what is keeping this computer from connecting nbsp

A:Wireless adaptor cannot find networks, but shows signal levels in wireless utility

It shows a list of the wireless networks and there signal strength. So the wireless adapter is receiving the wireless signals, but will not connect or show them in the list of wireless networks.Click to expand...

I don't understand "It shows a list of the wireless networks" in the same paragraph with "will not ... show them in the list."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adaptor-cannot-find-networks-but-shows-signal-levels-in-wireless-utility.755767/
Relevancy 56.33%

Greetings I have subscribed to DSL and Teleco Video cable through DSL/Router Compusa D90-740010-06 54Mbps Westell router + wireless (SKU:333628) my Westell D90-740010-06 DSL/Router + Compusa 54Mbps wireless router (SKU:333628) phone company They provided the Westell Modem Model D - - It has ports but goto the televisions for cable and the other is going Westell D90-740010-06 DSL/Router + Compusa 54Mbps wireless router (SKU:333628) to my personal computer I have a Compusa SKU wireless router I want to connect so i can also use my laptop my ISP will not assist since the connection works with model personal computer with hardwired I thought I could just run a cable from one of the ports on the DSL Router to the WAN port on my Wireless Router however this did not work So I ran a cable from one of the ports on the DSL router to a regular ethernet port on the wireless routher not the WAN and I could hardwire both the desktop pc and wireless and connect to internet however the wireless would never work my pc says wireless is connect but when I open IE or firefox it does not connect Can someone please help I am going insane The following link will take you to the manual for my wireless router http fmi compusa com driver asp SKU and the following is the datasheet for the westell model router http www westell com images products ultraline pdf exact info on the dsl router Model Number D - - Serial Number B MAC Address a db Software Version VER Software Model Port Gateway Description WireSpeed Data Gateway Boot Loader VER Configuration - - A Thanks Martin Maynard In Loving memory of our daughter Bailey DeLonais Maynard January - March SIDS IT S REAL www healingokhearts org nbsp

A:Westell D90-740010-06 DSL/Router + Compusa 54Mbps wireless router (SKU:333628)

You have 2 routers - they are both trying to issue IP addresses so it is not surprising that there is a problem. If you can disable DHCP on the wireless router it might work as a wireless switch or hub. It is worth a try.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/westell-d90-740010-06-dsl-router-compusa-54mbps-wireless-router-sku-333628.86758/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a wireless-G linksys USB network adaptor (2.4 GHz 802.11g) that cannot pick up my wirless network. It is however picking up numerous other networks surrounding my house. Right now I'm using my Toshiba laptop that is connected to the same home network that my linksys adaptor cannot find.

Can anyone offer my any advice as to how to find my wireless network through my USB adaptor hooked up to my desktop computer? I know how to access my router information (Enter 192.168.1.1 for linksys and all that other good stuff) but do not know what exact settings I may needto change in order to have my desktop computer recognize the home network.

Is something perhaps hidden on the router information? Or is my adaptor out of date? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

A:Why can't my USB wireless adaptor (Desktop Computer) find my wireless network?

Did you follow the manual for the USB wifi adaptor, installing procedures, driver? What happens to the Toshiba laptop's self wifi capability?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431270/why-cant-my-usb-wireless-adaptor-desktop-computer-find-my-wireless-network/
Relevancy 56.33%

Just reinstalled Windows XP Pro on a friend's daughter's computer. A D-Link Airplus dwlg510 wireless adaptor was added to her EMachine a few years back (model D6417). It was working erratically before the XP reinstall (which was done for another reason - was never done and computer was really slow so we figured this might speed it up - it did dramatically by the way). I went to the D-Link site and downloaded and installed the driver. Wireless connection still isn't working (tried wired and it works fine, but her room doesn't have a cable connection available) and the symbol in the taskbar comes up with an X over it then goes out. Light on the adaptor is blinking. Is there anything else I could be overlooking??

A:Solved: wireless adaptor light lit, but icon in task bar says there's no wireless car

Have you installed SP3 and then all the latest chipset and networking drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-adaptor-light-lit-but-icon-in-task-bar-says-theres-no-wireless-car.1012203/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,

My room mate and I have a Linksys wireless router connected to our cable modem. He can access the Internet on his laptop through the router, but I'm having trouble connnecting on my desktop (windows XP). I have a TRENDnet TEW-424UB wireless USB adaptor, and it's fully installed, but I have no idea how to get it to connect through the router. The setup didn't walk me through anything beyond installing the USB adaptor, and I'm entirely new to using wireless connections. I don't even know where to start.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:Connecting a wireless USB adaptor to a wireless router

Hi Lieskens, and welcome to TSG.

Did you get a printed User Guide with the adapter or a PDF file for the User Guideon a CD? If not, there is a download link for an Adobe Acrobat PDF file on the Trendnet web site:

http://www.trendnet.com/downloads/list_subcategory.asp?SUBTYPE_ID=1155

The guide seems include the set-up procedure for establishing a connection. You will need to know the Wireless SSID of the router and any encryption key being used.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-wireless-usb-adaptor-to-a-wireless-router.871943/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have been experiencing wireless wifi connection problems with my HP Pavilion dv laptop I am running xppro I went from vista to xp pro took a long time network adding adapter G wireless dv6000, HP wireless Belkin Pvilion as I am slow Anyway I read that you can add another wireless network card as a work around in the event that the internal wireless card breaks dies I bought a BelkinWirelss G USB network adapter- F D and tried to install it on this HP Pvilion dv6000, adding Belkin wireless wireless G network adapter laptop I was able to install it on my IBM T and Gateway laptop I had to disable the radio on the gateway before it worked The IBM is HP Pvilion dv6000, adding Belkin wireless wireless G network adapter old and has no built in wireless card ON my HP pavilion dv I slid the wireless button to disable and also went into device manager and disable there too For some reason after loading the Belkin in it does not find any wireless networks I called Belkin and spoke with their help desk but they were not helpful My question short of disabling my HP wireless card do I have to remove the actual software uninstall broadcom so the computer will look only at the belkin software My HP laptop warrantied expired months ago Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pvilion-dv6000-adding-belkin-wireless-wireless-g-network-adapter.802008/
Relevancy 54.61%

I set up everything and if I have it wired it works fine but wireless it says can't find page when you try to get on the internet. I have set up networks before and never had a problem. first time I have used a Belkin router G+ I guess one of my question is this. I was reading on the Belkin site that it is already set for dynamic and that is for a cable modem and sounds like I should change it to pppoe for a DSL modem. would that make the difference. It is a brand new laptop and the wireless card is on and it sees the network and works when wired, it says it is connected wirelessly but wont get on the internet when not wired. Would the pppoe thing make a differnce? Please give me some help here. Thanks

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all,
I just connected with WiMax, problem is I have the wimax wireless router in the house(all good).

But my office is in the garage! I was hoping to run an ethernet cable from WiMax Zylex router to my Belkin Wireless Router.

Is this the way to go about, sharing my internet connection? Also can anyone
give me any pointers on how to go about doing this.

cheers,
LiverKing.

A:Connect WiMax wireless (Zylex) with my Belkin N wireless router

I am no expert but will try to help. If I have understood you correctly, you only require the one router.
If the router in the house is a wireless router and your computer in your office is equipped for Wi-fi you could connect wirelessly. You will need the access code for the router when you try to connect. I think it will be a WEP or a WPA PSK code.
Otherwise run a ethernet cable from your house router to your office and connect it direct to your office computer (not too a second router) This is probably the safest method anyway if you do not need wireless.
You will then need to set up a network by going to "Control Panel" and clicking on "Network Setup Wizard" and following the instructions.
Hope that is of some help to you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-wimax-wireless-zylex-with-my-belkin-n-wireless-router.176558/
Relevancy 53.75%

Belkin G wireless router ghz- g Dell Wireless WLAN mini-card I am having an odd problem with the wireless capability of my wireless router When I first got Wireless Router, Wireless G Belkin Problems Solved: my router I used the Software included Solved: Belkin G Wireless Router, Wireless Problems but that did not work so I set up my network manually For several months everything was working perfectly and both physical and wireless connections to the router were working Recently the wireless capability of the router has stopped working however it still emits a strong signal and functions perfectly as a non-wireless router The problem my laptop encounter when it is try to connect is that the connection status constantly displays quot Authenticating quot I have tried to rebuild the network no effect Have clicked on the repair button it sits indefinilty on the step quot renewing IP address quot I have tried physically entering my IP address no effect I am positive the problem is not my laptop wireless card because it still fuctions perfectly on all other networks Is this a networking problem or is it just time to get a new router nbsp

A:Solved: Belkin G Wireless Router, Wireless Problems

Reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure. Initially try to connect wirelessly with encryption disabled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-belkin-g-wireless-router-wireless-problems.720204/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I just recently got a new computer setup in the basement of my house The other two computers on the network are upstairs and we also have an Xbox hooked up I was told that I could have up to things connected to the router We have computer directly connected and the second and third connections are Xbox and another PC in the office I cant seem to get the basement PC hooked up to the network The Belkin card see s the network but it wont connect to it At some point I Utility) Connections problems Wireless (Belkin Wireless even got it to connect but it wasnt sending receiving packets and it wouldnt open a web Wireless Connections problems (Belkin Wireless Utility) browser A family member came over and tinkered for awhile and manually put in the Network Key and randomly tinkered with the stuff and I was able to connect and use the internet Well when I turned it off and turned it back on it was doing the same exactly thing Now we cant get it to work at all again It wont aquire the network address it just keeps saying quot aquiring network address quot I cant remember some of the other stuff it told me but I will be checkin the site for replies and will be trying everything you guys say What must we do to get this crap up and running I really appreciate any help and if you happen to be the one that gives me the correct advice that gets things up and running I will mail you a Taco Bell gift card as a sign of my gratitude Just so you know that can buy or days of burritos tacos if you play your cards right Thanks nbsp

A:Wireless Connections problems (Belkin Wireless Utility)

Actually, you can have more than four things connected to the router. You normally have connections for four wired connections, but you can have more wireless connections. Also, you can expand the wired connections with an Ethernet switch.

First off, I'd access the router's configuration and disable encryption to get the connection initially connected. Once you get it connecting without the encryption, then we can add in the encryption as a separate step.

Please supply the following info.

The name of your ISP and country of residence.
Make/model of the broadband modem.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Connection type, wired, wireless.
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows, i.e. XP-Home SP2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connections-problems-belkin-wireless-utility.591108/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am using a wireless belkin 802 g router for a win7 laptop computer. I also have a desktop computer hardwired to the same router. I want to In Install Internet cable. I will need to connect wirelessly to the desktop hard drive. what hardware will I need or method to accomplice this ??? thanks

A:xp wireless adaptor

Hello alexm,

If you have already have a Cable subscribed from your ISP, you've mentioned Belkin wireless router you will only need to get a Wireless Network Card for your desktop. Here's a variety of selections.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/204587-xp-wireless-adaptor.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I just bought a linksys compact wireless-g USB adaptor with speedbooster and tried to get it to work on windows 7....no luck...

Am I missing something? It's picking up networks, it's just not letting me connect to the networks after I put my password in.

A:Need help with wireless adaptor

Are you new to setting up a wireless adapter? Is this a USB or a computer PCI/E card? Do you have a wireless access point or a wireless router? The wireless networks your card is finding, were they setup by you?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/5107-need-help-wireless-adaptor.html
Relevancy 52.89%

hi everyone

keep getting disconnection error and have to reset wireless adaptor, (see attached)

why do I keep getting this and can anyone help me solve problem.

regards calmat wireless adaptor.PNG (32.5 KB)

A:wireless adaptor

Try a different version driver, let us know the specs of your system and the details of your wireless card, someone will help you.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32911-wireless-adaptor.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I need a new wireless adapter for my PC, my old Linksys was working fine for ages even with Win 7 64bit version then all of a sudden I kept getting horrible BSOD's , can you peeps recommend me one that def works with a old BT homehub version 1. I need it to be N version as my dad will probably upgrade his router in the not so distant future.

Thanks for any help

A:Wireless N USB adaptor

The compatibility with your modem won't be the issue, it'll simply be the compatibility with your computer and your router. As long as the device is compatible with Windows 7 you should be fine. You can check the compatibility via the Windows 7 compatibility center.

https://www.microsoft.com/windows/co...s/default.aspx

You should also know that you may be able to fix your BSOD if you post the minidumps from your crashes in the crashes and debugging section of this forum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

Here's a decent adapter that should work for you.

Linksys Wireless N (Draft) USB 2.0 Adapter
Newegg.com Link

A High End Version If You Want Dual Band

Linksys Wireless N Range Plus Dual Band
Amazon.com Link

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/83918-wireless-n-usb-adaptor.html
Relevancy 52.89%

hi everyone

I am still having trouble with my wireless adaptor which keeps disconnecting and I have to keep reconnecting.I have bought a NETGEAR N150 wireless USB adaptor, could this solve my problem, and if so are they easy to install.
regards calmat

A:wireless usb adaptor

I have a brand new Netgear AC1900 Night Hawk router,it works great with all Win7 computers but it keep having to be reconnected to my Win8.1 computer. I am sure the Netgear router is not the problem,it's a Microsoft Win8.1 problem. I am already very tired with the Win8.1 system and very happy I have my other Win7 computer to still use.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/35897-wireless-usb-adaptor.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My pc is driving me crazy. I frequently get dumped for a few seconds at a time by my internet provider. When I do, my wireless adaptor automatically connects to this unsecured public network somewhere around me instead of reconnecting to my network. I've gone in to network settings and unchecked automatically connect to the public one and told it to connect to my network. Next time I'm dropped, it switches right back to connecting to the public one and the option to automatically connect is checked again. I have to be missing something somewhere. Is there any way to permanently tell my adaptor to never, ever, ever connect to a particular network and have those settings stay? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Relevancy 52.89%

After putting together my new build, i discovered that my graphics card blocks one of my pci slots so I've only got one usable pci slot. Problem is I have a PCI network adaptor and a PCI TV tuner.

I figure its cheaper and easier to replace the network adaptor. So I need some suggestions. Anyone know of any particularly good ones. USB or PC Express x1 or x4. Draft N (v2) preferable.

Thanks in advance

Chris

A:Need a new wireless adaptor.

I suggest a Belkin N+ USB Wireless adapter will just be fine. The installation is easy and it works great.
For details go to : Belkin : Wireless N+ USB Adapter

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/211677-need-new-wireless-adaptor.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I just bought a dell inspiron 6000 notebook with the Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 802.11b/g.54Mbps and I see that the icon in the lower right icon tray has a red X. When I click it to enable, a msg says 'no supported wireless adaptors available'. I was able to turn on the 'radio' by pressing fn+F2, but I can't find how to enable the WiFi. Please help!

Relevancy 52.89%

Hey all, I've posted this in Wireless Networking, but as its not actually a network problem, I'm posting here too...

Got a shiney new Mesh Elite2 PC the other day, but something is being weird. I've installed my Zoomair USB Wireless Adapter (should point out I've never had a problem with it before) but here's the weird thing - when I turn the PC on, it thinks the wireless adapater is an unplugged ethernet connection, and if I unplug the adaptor, the PC restarts.
The error message I get says its something to do with the video card (highly unlikely I think), but I've uninstalled and reinstalled both the adapter and the USB ports, and its still doing the same thing. Ideas anyone? I'm on Win XP Media Centre with SP 2 installed.

A:Wireless USB Adaptor being odd...

*bump* anyone help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-usb-adaptor-being-odd-136533.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I have an Dell c laptop It is actually one of about laptops I have in my small computer lab as an instructional technology teacher I wiped off windows and reinstalled it xp because these laptops are old and not supported by our tech team any longer I am sure they would have looked at it but they don t care much about them so I did it I downloaded and saved the drivers from Dell so that I could reinstall them after the new Windows installation I have all of them on except for the Intel proset wireless adaptor I was able to install the pro set software and I can see the icon in the service tray but it has a red x and stays quot unable to detect a supported wireless adaptor quot The device manager only shows a Com c integrated Fast Eternet Controller under the network adaptors I Wireless Adaptor know that it is suppose to show the pro set here as the other laptops I have do How can I get the adaptor on so my wireless will work The software tells me to remove the card and reinstall but I do not think I Wireless Adaptor have that card Any ideas Thanks Alison mom just helping out nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Can any one recommend a good wireless adaptor to use with my Dell Inspiron 530

A:Wireless Adaptor

It depends on what you have for wireless in your home or where you will mainly use it. It makes no sense to get a wireless N adapter if the places you will use it most only have G. Linksys, 3Com, Belkin, Netgear are all good.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adaptor.978221/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I am currently using a windows 7 hp laptop and for months now the wireless adopter icon (the three bar icon in the task bar) has been missing, if we want to connect to our internet we have to do so through an Ethernet cable which after months of having to do so proves to be highly annoying. If anyone could help us we'd really appreciate it. (We used to have the wifi option but when we switched users it disappeared)

A:Wireless adaptor app missing

Hello, and Welcome
Are there any yellow exclamation marks next to Network adapters in Device Manager? What is the make and model of the computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557749/wireless-adaptor-app-missing/
Relevancy 52.03%

hi everyone

my computer keeps disconnecting and I get an error message that tells me that my network wireless adaptor needs resetting,
which I do, this fix lasts a while and then it disconnects again, I have taken the computer back to PC World and they
have put a diagnostic check on it and it says that the adaptor is ok. Can anyone tell me if this can be fixed, if I reset
my computer back to factory settings could this cure the problem.

Regards Calmat

A:network wireless adaptor

It may not be your computer at all, it may be your router. Try unplugging power to the router with the Wifi on it, for 10 seconds, then plug it back in, if your Wifi connection is saved in the Wifi List, it will auto reconnect.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29226-network-wireless-adaptor.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I've got a small problem with my Netgear WG v wireless network adaptor I've looked just Problems Wireless Adaptor about everywhere under the sun to find an answer and I can't seem to find one So I hope one of you guys can help So I installed the card in a spare PCI slot I installed Windows drivers for the card After installing the drivers I get this error message - quot This device cannot start Code quot When I try to update the driver software automatically it seems to think the software is up to date The wireless card has no connectivity whatsoever But then something weird happened I saw on another forum that someone has taken out GB of their GB of ram and it started to work So I opened up my PC took out GB of memory and left the other two Wireless Adaptor Problems in there Alas my wireless adaptor works Does anyone know why I know it's a fairly old card November it was released But I don't really like the idea Wireless Adaptor Problems of forking out more money for another card when I know this one works perfectly fine System specs are as follows Windows Professional -bit Intel Core Duo E Intel DG NB mobo Atapi IHAS optical drive CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W PSU GB of ram Any help would be appreciated Cheers

A:Wireless Adaptor Problems

Hi win 7 32 bit will only work with around 3Gb of ram the rest is not really usefull and having it can in some cases throw up issues

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-adaptor-problems-477841.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I just purchased a new Dell and need to get a wireless adapter so that I can connect to the internet from the home office which is actually just the room next door The computer is very fast and I pretty much maxed it Solved: usb Wireless adaptor out with the processor ram video card etc when I bought it so I want Solved: Wireless usb adaptor something that is going to be fast I don t know if there is a difference and if playing world of warcraft would make a difference I have an external Belkin in my daughters room for Solved: Wireless usb adaptor her computer which is fine I think for her-its called wireless G and is mbps GHZ I should have just had them put in an eternal card but wanted to save the dollars Will this be sufficient They still carry them at walmart They don t say for vista though-yet she has vista and it works fine Thank you in advance for your helpp nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

[Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP-1]
[Duronic USB-2 Wireless 802.11N Adaptor]

Have installed dongle and driver according to manufacturer's instructions.

Everything appears to be in place and working, but Windows can't find a wireless network whose wireless router is less than a metre away and working well with a laptop downstairs.

Realtek wireless LAN icon in system tray - Available Networks tab - Searching, but nothing is found. Dongle's LED is flashing slowly.

Control Panel - Manually connect to a wireless network - 'An unexpected error occurred'. Not helpful.

Windows diagnostics suggests problem is driver - searches and finds driver - informs me the installed driver is up-to-date.

The dongle connects easily when installed on an XP 32-bit machine.

Wired network connection works perfectly.

A:Windows Can't Use Wireless Adaptor

Everything appears to be in place and working, but Windows can't find a wireless network whose wireless router is less than a metre away and working well with a laptop downstairs.

=> It doesn't find any router even if it's very close to router?
you see wireless adapater in network centre->adapter settings?
Connect using wire works without problems?

Ron

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/204976-windows-cant-use-wireless-adaptor.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a good wireless net up, and configured the MA111 on a Compaq Presario 700 laptop. The icons in the systray say I am connected to the wirleess network with a good signal, but the browser cannot get me onto the net. Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-get-on-net-with-ma111-usb-wireless-adaptor.568788/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone!

I Installed windows 7 on my computer and i got a problem since the beggining. When i let the computer alone, downloading, i come back after some hours and the wireless adaptor's light is blinking slowly, like whn the screen if off due to inactivity. Near the clock, the wifi icon appears with a big X and i have to click and select solve problems to get my connection back.
I tried with energy options, putting suspension off, and choosing "high performance" for everything but without any result. Tried to run windows media with loop option and let tyhe pc doenloading files, but same problem, when i come back the connection is deactivated again...

i'm desperate! what can i do?

A:Wireless adaptor going off every X hours

My adaptor is a BELKIN N... as well as another guy fron another post has... i tried everything, really

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/37951-wireless-adaptor-going-off-every-x-hours.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Okay I have this wireless adaptor which is 1.JPG file found below

and then on 2.JPG picture file I want to know what all those options do that are in that box

please

aka the stuff like Radio, SmartScan

Alex Gower

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/165626-answer-some-s-about-my-wireless-adaptor.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I have windows vista home premium on a toshiba satellite L I have had problems with the wireless facilty at first it wouldn t recognise wireless disappearing adaptor the signal Then after I disabled ipv the wireless connection worked again albeit with occassional needs to restart the computer to regain the connection Now the problem seems to be more serious - the computer thinks it doesn t have a disappearing wireless adaptor wireless adaptor installed In the device manager only a realtek ethernet adapter appears now which wasn t the case before I have restored my computer at a point before this happened but the problem remains It first happened after I disabled the connection in the network window in order to try to get a connection again I enabled it and it said it was enabled in the box that appears saying enabling but then it didn t appear enabled in the main explorer window I restarted the computer and since then I apparently don t have an adaptor Does anyone understand why this might have happened Many thanks for your time nbsp

A:disappearing wireless adaptor

What is the brand and model of the wireless adapter?

From the symptoms my first guess is that the adapter is loose. Or is failing or failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disappearing-wireless-adaptor.674013/
Relevancy 52.03%

My son just bought an HP with Vista. I have a computer with a router attached. My wife's computer (2 rooms away) receives via this router as does my son's old computer.

However, to get internet access to his new computer we purchased a LimitOne USB Keychain wireless and it didn't work! Then we went back (thinking the LimitOne wasn't compatible with Vista) and purchased a Buffalo Wireless-G USB adapter for his new machine. It ALSO doesn't work!

I find it hard to believe that two USB adapters don't work! We're both very frustrated as he can't use his machine for anything right now.

Note: both machines are right next to each other right now, so distance should not be an issue.

Should we go exchange the USB adapter for a card?

Any other ideas?

A:Wireless Adaptor Won't Work

Driver support for Vista and USB network adapters is very poor. I don't know which USB adapter you have but I certainly had a Buffalo USB adapter working with 32-bit Vista, even though it didn't claim Vista compatibility.

My advice would be to exchange the USB adapter for a card or other USB adapter but do some research first - make sure that whatever you buy has some proper released Vista drivers and claimed Vista compatibility. If you have any trouble with it you can ring the company support line and get them to help you with it.

Try the HP support forums and see if you can find other HP owners that have found devices that work.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/163851-wireless-adaptor-wont-work.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hello to every one
I have Toshiba Satellite L300 laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit triple booting with windows xp and window developer preview
and ALFA (AWUS036H) wireless usb adaptor
the reception in my room is poor so i've got a 5 meter usb extention cable to overcome my issue , when i connect them together the wireless adaptor works perfectly and i can easily connect to my wireless network but my problem is the adaptor becomes disabled or disconnected spontanously after 4 to 5 minutes.
i tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver and updated the driver as well but still the same issue
any help will be appretiated
i already tried a powered usb but still the same

A:usb wireless adaptor disabled after a while

Check the 5 metre cable. For testing purpose remove the 5 metre cable and connect directly and move close to your wireless router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/195259-usb-wireless-adaptor-disabled-after-while.html
Relevancy 52.03%

HP Desktop s f AMD Athon II X Processor Ghz Gb RAM Windows bit OS ISP Provider Comcast Norton Antivirus Firewall etc provided by Comcast Also have run Spybot for several years and have the newest edition now Now purchased and downloaded Emisoft Anti Malware Guard and Online Armor Firewall About a month ago we believe my wife's Adaptor Cannot see Malware? Wireless email account was hijacked I immediately closed the email account and set up a new one for her which has received pieces of mail from strangers We are not using it Most of the time when I open my Malware? Cannot see Wireless Adaptor Windows Live email I get a box that pops us with the header Mail It says quot We have noticed some unusual activity Malware? Cannot see Wireless Adaptor in your account Your action is needed to make sure no one is using your account To continue click OK quot I started in one time and it was asking for personal data I backed out I don't think it is legitimate Purchased Emisoft Anti Malware Guard even though I was already supposedly protected through Comcast with Norton and ran Spybot for a long time Followed the recommendations of the Emisoft Anti-Malware as it ran I think I may have shut down some things that were probably safe as I did this I have only been able to print to HP Pro Wireless intermittently I tried to reinstall the printer driver as that has helped in the past now I can no longer see my Wireless Adaptor so I can't install the printer or connect to the wireless network that is running laptops connected to the router and it is working fine I am attaching the DDS txt and attaching the Attach txt zip file I could not run the GMER program as I am running on a bit operating system Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide I believe I have the Windows OS on a CD somewhere that I received when I purchased the computer ---------- DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Kathy at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Spybot - Search amp Destroy Disabled Updated EAF D - -F B -EB - F F EE SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Security Suite Enabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC FW Online Armor Firewall Disabled E E - AAE- - ABD-EA CE Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files x Emsisoft Anti-Malware a service exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Online Armor OAcat exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x CinemaNow CinemaNow Media Manager CinemanowSvc exe C Windows system dllhost exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt c Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuAgent exe C Program Files x PDF Complete pdfsvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDUpdSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windo... Read more

A:Malware? Cannot see Wireless Adaptor

Hi,

Welcome to TSF.
I'm K27 and I am currently reviewing your log.

Please DO NOT run any scans/tools/fixes on your own as this will conflict with the tools we are going to use.

Please Print or Save to Notepad all instructions and please follow them carefully and if there's something you don't understand or that will not work please let me know and we will go through it together.

Please DO NOT use this system for anything apart from visiting this forum and other sites I direct you too, as this will only make the cleanup process all the more difficult.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed. This is to free up my time so as to continue to help others. If you need longer to reply, then that is fine, but please to let me know.

Please replay back to this thread if you are still in need of assistance.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/malware-cannot-see-wireless-adaptor-626028.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I need an adaptor that's good for gaming and needs a long range connection.
(My other adaptor I bought didn't have good enough range so it does need to have amazing range)
Budget: 20-30 Pounds
THANKS!

A:Best USB Wireless Adaptor for Gaming?

instead of getting a wireless adapter, look into power over ethernet if possible.

http://www.ebuyer.com/512619-zyxel-5...4201v2-gb0201f

simply plug one in next to the router and the other next to your pc, then run an ethernet cable from router to the one next to it, and then one from your pc to the other.
then your wires in your house become hiden ethernet cables!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/339077-best-usb-wireless-adaptor-gaming.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Can any-one recommend a good wireless card/adaptor for my Medion MD8820 PC, Thank-you.

A:wireless Card/adaptor

I have a basic tp-link with standard antena, and it works well.

If you keep your tower under your desk, you might need one that has a longer antena that you can place above the desk to increase reception.

Like this: Newegg.com - Rosewill RNX-N150PCx Wireless Adapter IEEE 802.11b/g/n PCI 2.2 Up to 150Mbps Wireless Data Rates 64/128 bits WEP, WPA (TKIP with IEEE802.1x), WPA2 (AES with IEEE802.1x)

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/291789-wireless-card-adaptor.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Folks,

is this weird or what? Last Friday the security guys installed the final phase of a new system that included a wireless router. It think they could have just used a standard one but most nowadays are wireless. When I came back after the weekend I switched my Dell Inspiron 510M on and received a prompt "Choose a wireless network". Strange because I didn't have my Belkin Network Card slotted into the side of the laptop.

So I sneaked into the survelance room and wrote down the address code and entered it into the box provided during the prompt....IT WORKED!!! Access to the outdie World via the internet while bypassing the company server.

Is the signal so strong that the eletronics in the laptop can pick up the signal (full strength) or am I being radiated with radiowaves? Shoild I be worried?

Best Regards

PFJ

A:Wireless without adaptor on my Laptop

Guess what? Your laptop has a built in wireless card already and you were weakening it by installing a Belkin external PCMCIA adapter. Happy computing!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-without-adaptor-on-my-laptop.114823/
Relevancy 52.03%

hello, I had d-link dw510 pci wireless desktop adaptor, i'm using vista sp2 64bit operation system, due to some problem before yesterday in my operating system I was lead to format my system after which my wireless desktop adapter was not working , twice trice i uninstalled and installed i used windows to update the driver(up-to-date) but problem wasn't fixed yet

problem is when i go to device manger i can find there device is "enabled" but when i come to network properties there it says "disabled" when i try enabling it says enabled but same moment disables, i couldn't figure out mistake committed by me and specifically there is not error message. It was working fine before this format and I tried unpluging from Motherboard and switched it back, no use. help me to solve this issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-desktop-adaptor.859154/
Relevancy 52.03%

My daughter has a new Sony Vaio laptop, running Windows Vista. It has been fine for three weeks. Suddenly, the wireless adapter cannot see a wireless network. All other computers in the house see the network, but not the new Sony. In fact, her Sony will see the network for a few minutes, and then suddenly stop. Other times, it doesn't see it at all.

I've tried the following

turning off and then on the wireless receiver
reinstalling the device driver for the wireless card
updating the device driver for the wireless card

Nothing seems to work. She did say that all was fine until she installed Canon software for her digital camera.

Any help would be welcome.

A:Trouble with wireless adaptor

Uninstall the camera software and do a system restore to before the troublesome installation. See if that restores functionality.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-wireless-adaptor.670627/
Relevancy 52.03%

I adaptor Wireless and problems other am completely ignorant when it comes to networking Let me try to make a long Wireless adaptor and other problems story short I paid someone big bucks to network my XP computer to my husbands Windows Pro several month ago The installler purchased Wireless adaptor and other problems what was needed he bought a Belkin router and a Dynex wireless adaptor He set it all up and on the most part it worked fine He seemed to be too busy to come see what was wrong At times the machine didn t want to hook up Wireless adaptor and other problems but with persistance and restarts you could get it going FAST FORWARD Our electric was off for about an hour At this time the machine was off The XP was on but I imediately turned it off at the power surge strip When power came back on the XP could not hook up to my DSL I called Verizon and after about hours I was back on the web but the tech was changing settings in the router When finished we checked the pc and it would not connect so they transferred me to a Belkin tech which worked on it for another minutes changing things We were then asked to click on the network connections of the machine and when I did the wireless adaptor screen came up and I said it says quot Dynex quot and as you could guess the call was terminated because it wasn t Belkin I understand that but believe me I didn t now they were different brands I didn t want to throw more money out the window to get the installer back so I decided to give it a try myself Well I uninstalled the Dynex and reinstalled through the software I didn t get all the quot steps quot shown in the manual but I did get the adaptor icon on the task bar When I click on it it says quot Network cable unplugged quot We have checked all cables and they are tight Can anyone help me I would appreciate any instruction to get this back up and running than you can give me Another question Is having a Dynex adaptor with a Belkin router making it more difficult nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adaptor-and-other-problems.699912/
Relevancy 52.03%

So I just got a brand new laptop, a Dell Inspiron. I turned it on, started adjusting properties to suit me, and tried to connect to my internet connection. In the process I wanted to disconnect from my internet, but nstead I pressed disable. Now I can't figure out at all how to enable the thing again. I try to troubleshoot it and it tells me that the wireless adaptor is disabled, but gives me absolutely no clues on how to enable it again.

How do I do this? 5 minutes old and I already have problems...

A:Enable wireless adaptor

Hi,

Usually its a special keystroke, something like ALT+F8 - check above the laptop keys : are there special functions shown, perhaps a wireless icon?

If you are able to take a photo of the keyboard and post here we can solve it in two shakes of a lambs tail.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139552-enable-wireless-adaptor.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, I recently bought a Zonet1642d for my computer. The installation went well but for some reason the network speed maxes out at 1 Mbps and web pages take minutes to load. I know this is either a problem with either the settings of the adapter or windows 7 since a laptop with a similar network card can get full speeds from the same location.
Any help is much appreciated and thank you in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adaptor-problems.1021212/
Relevancy 52.03%

I've got this error when i boot my laptop and don't know why this message appear and how can i solve it, any suggestion or explanation. The network adapter is intel 82579V gigabit network connection

A:wireless adaptor not supported

@ebedthan? That error has nothing to do with the 82579V that is your ethernet adapter. Ethernet  vPro: Intel 82579LM GbE LAN 10/100/1000 network interface card (NIC)with iAMT Non-vPro: Intel 82579V GbE LAN 10/100/1000 network interface card (NIC)  Have you replaced your WiFi card recently??? REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wireless-adaptor-not-supported/td-p/5805024
Relevancy 52.03%

I have downloaded and installed all the latest drivers from HP website specific to my product still my wi-fi is not working.Before this I used Lenovo and Acer and never had any issue but this HP Product is my worst nightmare.PRODUCT:- J7V62PA#APJSERIAL:- CND4306DHO While in Kolkata I had raised the issue and tried to get it fixed in warranty but that didn't worked as it was still getting disconnected after few hours of usage. But now the situation is totally different. I simply can not see wifi device in my machine.  Please sugget where to reach outthank you7040190097   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-250-G3-Wireless-adaptor-not-working/td-p/5767169
Relevancy 52.03%

hello
i have windows 7 and am trying to conect to the internet wirelessly through a d-link dwa-130c. I think it has installed properly i followed the cd provided typed in my router name (SSID)and network key and it shows up as an available connection option but when i select it it says unable to connect .I must add i know nothing about about computers so any abvise is very welcome and appreciatated

A:d-link wireless adaptor

can you post what is your error message?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/73126-d-link-wireless-adaptor.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I have a compaq perario f notebook and recently have found that my wireless adaptor stops working every now and then When the adaptor doesnt work its not even listed in the device manager I have done the IPCONFIG ALL and this is the information i get Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users pc gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - B- - F- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b bbe d a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January Lease Expires January Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Found Not Adaptor Wireless Enabled Yes IPv Address d c a d b f a Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe b f a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description isatap home Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Wireless Adaptor Not Found

If it's not listed in Device Manager anywhere, I'd check the BIOS to see if it's disabled. If not, open up the access door on the bottom of the machine and make sure the wireless adapter is firmly seated.

If those measures fail, it may have simply died.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adaptor-not-found.891975/
Relevancy 52.03%

In my house I have 2 computers. One downstairs that is connected to Wireless router. That computer uses the router to connect my computer upstairs, that uses a Wireless G USB network adaptor. I bought a Game adaptor for my PS2 to run it upstairs. My cousin came over and set it up. So the PS2 was hooked up online. After a while it would not connect to the internet or it would fail to go past the DNAS stage. Sometimes unplugging the game adaptor or power cycling would fix the issue. Then it got to a point where I had no connection on my PS2 and I was forced to drag it downstairs and play it plugged in on the router. Any ideas on how I fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-wireless-game-adaptor-help.354064/
Relevancy 52.03%

I am going to post an entire new thread on an issue with my computer and the USB wireless adapter. I have dumb question for now, Can a USB wireless adaptor hold a virus?

It is one of those wireless adaptors that you plug into a usb socket for a wireless connection. Sort of looks like one of the new USB memory sticks.

A:Can a USB wireless adaptor have a virus??

If it cannot store data, it cannot store a virus.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-a-usb-wireless-adaptor-have-a-virus.517484/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Tech Support Guy,

I have problem with wireless adaptor

But I have good internet connection

I want to show the screenshot but I dont know how to put here

but i attached to this tread

help me guyz

Regards
Kiran

A:problem with wireless adaptor

What's your problem is you have a good connection?
Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework. For machines with no Internet connection, download this NET Framework 3.5 Full Package on another machine and transfer it with removable media to the problem machine.
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-wireless-adaptor.949990/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I use all linksys for networking. The main computer has the router and everything works fine on it. I have another computer with a wireless adaptor and everything works fine on it as well. However, I have one computer, that, when I plug in the wireless adaptor, it says the signal stength is excellent, however, the packets sent is such a small number going up VERY SLOW, and the packeets received usually hangs around the number 5. I can't do ANYTHING on the internet. It says the page can't be displayed and I can't connect to anything. However, if I take this exact adaptor and plug it into another computer, it works fine.......so I assume the problem is on the computer's end. What could it possibly be? PLEASE help, Thanks

A:wireless adaptor - NO INTERNET!!

Nope, don't have one

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-adaptor-no-internet.14403/
Relevancy 52.03%

Ok guys newest problem I have had this Trendnet tew- so going sleep every adaptor often. USB Wireless to ub wireless adaptor since the end of the summer and well i have had no end of problems with it First the signal strength was awful i had to Wireless USB adaptor going to sleep every so often. make myself a wokfi dish to increase the Wireless USB adaptor going to sleep every so often. gain and that did the trick But the newest demon to interfere with my wireless experience is ocnstant contsant headaches with the thing going to sleep Like im trying to download the new COD demo past few days and i have had no luck because this thing just keeps knocking off Steps i have taken Device manager make sure computer is not allowed to turn off power to it also did the same things with the usb ports Got newest driver from the site The tinfoil dishes i made solved the problem for a night then i was back to square one Respositioned router and the adaptor to no end Investigated with net stumbler Trawled google for hours To make it work again simply unplug and plug back in When it goes on and at startup in device manager it says the device was unable to start Is it a dud or are my usb ports rejecting it Thanks in advace sorry for long rant nbsp

A:Wireless USB adaptor going to sleep every so often.

Also this happens more often when downlaoding. I have had a steady connection for more than half an hour now....but i bet when i re start my download...it'll hit the dirt again.

Some more info:

Tried changing channels in router settings.
Currently looking for a way to reset my usb hubs and possibly find drivers for them???( any help here would be appreciated)I think it mihgt be a conflict with my usb hub.Maybe they dont supply it with enough juice.
I also unplugged my other usb applications save my mouse...see if usb bandwidth was the problem. No obseervations as of yet as ive just done that....but does anyone else agree its not a hardware problem in the adaptor itself but with the usb ports?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-usb-adaptor-going-to-sleep-every-so-often.89379/
Relevancy 52.03%

Linksys wireless adaptor, WUSB11 ver 2.6
Windows 98 SE, all updates installed.
After a reboot the card / drivers loose the ability to connect to the wireless network, it can “see” it just not successfully connect.

After entering the WEP (it only supports that) key again it will be able to log into the network.

Not a big fan of Linksys already, is this a common problem with them?

Ken

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-wireless-adaptor.462233/
Relevancy 52.03%

My laptop has stopped picking up wifi networks and I cannot get the wifi adaptor to work. When I look on control panel all the hardware to connect to the network appears to be faulty. All the drivers appear to be upto date but I can't get anywhere with the issue.I've tried connecting through an Ethernet cable direct to the router with no joy either! Without access online I can't conplete any updates etc so I'm completely stuck.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-adaptor-issues/td-p/5813105
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello

Im hoping you can help me!!
My wireless adaptor is preventing me from connecting to the internet at home, it enables to me o find the router and type in a password but only shows " unidentified network and local connectivity" with no access to the internet. When connecting via LAN, i am able to surf the internet. i have tried a full system restore, update drivers , enable and disable drivers but still nothing

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 900 @ 2.20GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 3032 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1292 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 227472 MB, Free - 200337 MB; S: Total - 1499 MB, Free - 1440 MB;
Motherboard: Advent, Roma
Antivirus: None

Ross

Relevancy 51.6%

I have been suffering from Bluse screen of death BSOD for a week I have wireless bluetooth by adaptor BSOD ? attached bluetooth wirelss adaptor and tranferred my pictures from my cell-phone to my computer After this BSOD started I am only able to boot my computer via Safe-mode ---------------------------------------- Computer Compaq presario c notebook pc Windows Vista Home Premium service pack Intel reg Pntium reg Dal CPU T GHz GHz RAM GB -bit operation system HD GB GB ---------------------------------------- Anti-virus anti-spy McAFEE from AT amp T ---------------------------------------- Blue Screen Error message -------------------------------------------------------------- A problem has been detectedand BSOD by bluetooth wireless adaptor ? windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR BSOD by bluetooth wireless adaptor ? EQUAL If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a BSOD by bluetooth wireless adaptor ? new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode or disable components restart your computer press F to select advanced startup options and then select safe mode Technical information STOP X D X X X X A Collecting data for crash dump Initializing disk for crash dump Beginning dump of physical memory Dumping physical memory to disk Physical memory dump complete Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance -------------------------------------------------------------- Bluetooth wireless adaptor Bluetooth EDR -------------------------------------------------------------- I removed the adaptor But BSOD continues I suspected that Bluetooth drivers caused this and tried to remove it but failed I cannnot remove nor disable these softwares Bluetooth file transfer Wizard fsquirt exe Bluetooth radios Silicon Wave Bluetooth Wireless Adaptor After this BSOD started my Anti-virus anti-spy McAFEE from AT amp T became inactive and cannot scan update etc I cannot update windows When I use Internet Explorer URL frequently automatically re-directed to pages which I do not know I scaned my computer using Spybot S amp D and cleaned it up But still BSOD continues Please help me

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/243778/bsod-by-bluetooth-wireless-adaptor/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi im new and from my experience on forums i tried to search if my question was previously answered but i couldnt find anyhting Here it Wireless problem adaptor/firewall goes i cant Wireless adaptor/firewall problem repair my wireless connection I have no problem connecting or picking wireless networks and connecting to them but i cant repair my connection If i try it says windows could not finish repairing the problem becasue the following action cannot be completed Disabling the wireless network adapter Make sure your network adapter is properly installed What i dont get is that i can push the button on the laptop and turn the connection off and push Wireless adaptor/firewall problem it to turn it on and the computer sometimes automatically finds available networks and connects to them My other problem is that if i try to mess with the firewall i get the message due to and unidentified problem windows cannot display windows firewall settings i have windows xp home with service pack in a averatec series laptop with amd mobile sempron I really dont know much as far as networking and stuff like this goes any input is greatly appreciated Thanks C nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all on my windows 8 basic 64 bit wireless adator not working. Can someone help me with this please.
Thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello guys

My problem seems to lie with my 'wireless adaptor card' that's in my Advent 4490 netbook. If the netbook has not been used for a day or so, when it boots up I have no 'wireless' connection - but if I open the netbook and remove the wireless adaptor and reinsert it ..... whoosh ..... all is well again !

What I would like advice on is:-
1 - whether it's worth getting another wireless adaptor card? or internal cable?
2 - does it matter which 'connector' the internal cable is attached to on the adaptor card?

Ta

A:Wireless adaptor card 'missing'

Try cleaner the gold connectors with an eraser, make sure you remove any bits of rubber left on them, use a Q-tip or tissue for that and avoid touching the connectors with your fingers.

There's a card on Ebay now, not saying buy it but if you look at the pic the cable should go to the left hand connector labelled 'Main'.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADVENT-44...ting_LaptopAccess_RL&hash=item2565071e08#shId

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adaptor-card-missing.1039959/