Windows Support Forum

Computer was unplugged now won't detect wireless

Q: Computer was unplugged now won't detect wireless

please help i ll give you the short version then the long I was now detect unplugged wireless won't Computer don t know anything about computers and spendd days online hooking up computers and one ipod to my wireless router this computer was working fine but my mom unplugged the computer computer to paint the wall When we plugged it back in it does Computer was unplugged now won't detect wireless not recogize the wireless network i had this problem before and fixed it but that was weeks ago and i have no idea what i did to fix it i have an LAN line running the length of our house from the router to computer and that is how i am able to get online long version Computer was unplugged now won't detect wireless this particular computer was onced hooked Computer was unplugged now won't detect wireless up to a regular router as another computer computer was i lost my job and moved home bringing my laptop computer ipod touch and wireless router i connected my wireless router to the original router using an ethernet i followed a few tutorials on how to change dchp to static i ethernetted my computer computer to the wireless router and it recognized the wireless network i unplugged it and it worked i did the same thing for my mom s computer computer For what ever reason computer was such a headache and harder to get the wireless to be recognized but i figured it out well today computer was unplugged and now it doesn t recognize the wireless router again All the other systems do i m afraid to reset the router because i dont want the other computers to go down if the router resets to factory it took me days to figure out how to get this far anyway i know the problem is this computer since the other systems recongize the wireless just fine any advice this computer is an hp smart touch vista the router is a wireless linksys any help would be greatly appreciated as my mom wants this blue cord gone also the original router is still hooked up because i was afraid to disconnect everything and just use the wireless lastly this computer says that another computer is using the same ip address well it s the same address on all the other computers so i don t know why this one cares so much thanks and hopefully this makes sense nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer was unplugged now won't detect wireless

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 63.64%

I've had wireless on this pc before A while back we had a tech come out from out internet provider to fix a few things and we told him we already have a few other devices on our wireless network so it may be a better idea to connect through an ether-net cord to our main pc for a more secure connection That has worked fine for the most part but now there's a different problem and I think I need to be able to connect wireless in order to fix it If it matters the problem is that any game I try to patch via the game launcher times-out I actually spoke with a CSR from Square Enix he said it may have to do with the port-forwarding then I spoke with a rep in technical support from our local provider and she said there is no port forwarding through the ir ether-net but it wireless longer driver/Can't has Computer a detect wireless network no is available through wireless So that's essential what has brought me here I'll upload a couple of pics so you can actually see that A Computer no longer has a wireless driver/Can't detect wireless network There is no wireless enabled on my pc at all and B There's no wireless driver - just the one on my driver list that tbh I don't know much about I've already tried uninstalling the driver then re-installing didn't detect anything Computer no longer has a wireless driver/Can't detect wireless network I've tried power-cycling my modem I've messed around with every option in the quot Network and Internet quot settings in my control panel I've checked all around the outside of my pc JUST IN CASE it's weird and has a switch somewhere that enables disables wireless Just to confirm yes there is indeed wireless being transmitted throughout our home We have phones a DS and a smart tv hooked up to it So does anyone have any recommendations beyond what I've already done

A:Computer no longer has a wireless driver/Can't detect wireless network

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Can you Post a screenshot of the Device Manager .. With your Network Adapters expanded ... Before you do that go to View Hidden Devices ... Also what is the Model Number of your Computer ? ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/349841-computer-no-longer-has-wireless-driver-cant-detect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey guys I am using a dual monitor set up with a radeon graphics card I am using a samsun inch LCD TV and an LG flatron w l I have been using the two displays on off or a year with out a problem The TV is running through HDMI and the monitor is DVI-D Yesterday I had a friend come over with a lap top to play some DA II We unplugged my monitor and ran an HDMI cable to it to the lap top The monitor claimed it had a conection but promptly went to sleep We never could get the laptop to detect the monitor I switched the monitor back to it's normal DVI-D cable and low and behold it is no longer detected by my machine This is a major problem as I only used the TV for movies and the monitor Now Second detect. Monitor, Not Unplugged ill for everything else I have checked all my drivers everything is up to date Does anyone have any ideas on where to start trouble shooting Thanks all for the help

A:Unplugged Second Monitor, Now ill Not detect.

what happens if the TV is plugged in on its own? and is it a straight HDMI out? or is it how i have mine DVI to HDMI connector?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/160769-unplugged-second-monitor-now-ill-not-detect.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My on-board network adapter does'nt pick up other devices. I do'nt use it often since I'm completley wireless. But today I tried to cofigure a Netgear ME101 Wireless Bridge for use with a PS2 but when I plugged the cables in it wont pick up anything. At first I thought the cables were bad, but after several I decided to check and see if the Network adapter was on, the drivers updated, and the correct protocols installed, also uninstalled/reinstalled, no change. Its and NVIDIA nForce Network Controller and the only other networking device is a Microsoft Wireless PCI Adapter (MN-730).

Relevancy 59.77%

Hey all-
My Dell laptop, with built in wireless card, is no longer detecting available wireless networks. The problem first surfaced yesterday while trying to access a wireless network while visiting a friend's home, and continued today while trying to access network from my home.

From my home, I can normally detect my own Netgear wireless network, as well as a couple of my neighboors network's. None are detected today.

I'm using the WindowsXPPro operating system.
Also, this problem is somewhat concurrent with an updated version of ZoneAlarm, though I believe I was able to connect to wireless network after ZoneAlarm update for at least one restart. (though not sure)

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Relevancy 59.77%

wireless works on other household computer, but not the Sony Vaio

A:computer cannot detect wireless signal.

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/computer-cannot-detect-wireless-signal-653546.html
Relevancy 58.91%

We have a wireless home network and there are four different computers that can pick up the signal and use the internet no problem, including two laptops, a tower PC and an iPhone.

There is a third laptop that will not pick up the router signal (a Thomson TG585 v7). It connects fine when connected to the router via cable, but won't detect the wireless signal. The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite running XP Home SP2.

The really weird thing is that the laptop can pick up every other wireless connection in the street. Any ideas why it won't pick up this one? I've done several searches across the web and can't find an issue of this kind or compatibility issues between the router and the machine. Any idea what's going on?

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, so lately my computer's wireless network has started to get really bad, we have 100mbit, and it only gets about 0.3. This seems to be an issue with the range, or something, since if i move the computer right next to the router, it runs at about 50-60mbit. Now a few days ago i decided to get an ethernet cable to try and solve the issue, but my computer doesnt detect a LAN connection, only the wireless one ( atleast it doesnt show up among the other connections). Some weeks ago the wireless connection worked nicely, but now suddenly it doesnt anymore. Currently i'm typing this from an old mac computer, since my internet doesnt work at all on my pc.

A:My computer doesnt detect my ethernet, also very bad range over wireless

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-doesnt-detect-my-ethernet-also-very-bad-range-over-wireless.1084000/
Relevancy 58.48%

I've been using an Epson Workforce printer using a wireless connection for a few years without problem using a desktop running Windows XP and a laptop running Windows bit Home Professional I just got a new desktop that runs Windows bit Home Professional I needed a different driver for the bit system which I found and downloaded on the Epson site and everything installed fine But during setup when the new network on Workforce computer wireless Epson detect 610 won't New computer attempted to detect the printer on the wireless network it gave me a message that the printer could not be found The printer is detected by two other computers on the network and works with them just fine As far as I can tell this is not a network problem since the new computer recognizes and uses the same wireless network to connect to the internet and the New computer won't detect Epson Workforce 610 on wireless network printer shows it is connected to the network with a strong signal Plus it is able to communicate with two other computers wirelessly I have tried rebooting both the computer and the printer and uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers with no success Any ideas Epson's site doesn't have any information on this problem Is there something that has to be enabled in Windows that I'm not aware New computer won't detect Epson Workforce 610 on wireless network of

A:New computer won't detect Epson Workforce 610 on wireless network

I have same problem just purchased wireless Epson xp 310 printer, connected with my WiFi, but when adding printer to Acer WIN 7 PC, the PC will not recognize the printer. Would security be preventing this recognition, so disabled Avast, and tried again, again, same result, PC does not recognize printer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/250222-new-computer-wont-detect-epson-workforce-610-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have tried everything Updated drivers downgraded drivers tried drivers from another manufacturer uninstalled and let it auto install the quot correct quot drivers I changed my power settings to max performance messed with the signal configuration and most recently completely reset windows Before reseting windows it would detect wireless networks about half of the time but then would disconnect from them every minutes or so making it very difficult to use Now after reseting windows it has to wireless asus 8 computer detect unable Windows networks not been able to detect any wireless networks at all This issue has occurred on ALL wifi networks including my mother's in Virginia my Windows 8 asus computer unable to detect wireless networks university and my apartment in San Diego It also does not occur on any other device including my old computer this one and my phone All other devices have unbroken and healthy signals on the same wifi Could Windows 8 asus computer unable to detect wireless networks it be a faulty network adapter The computer is refurb Its this Newegg com - Refurbished ASUS G VX-BHI N Intel Core i GB Memory TB HDD amp Notebook Windows -Bit

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/30205-windows-8-asus-computer-unable-detect-wireless-networks.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

Do you have any idea on how to resolved this problem? I cant able to detect or see the SSID of my router at home but i can detect others. I tried upgrading my wireless lan drivers and removed also the all of the stored wireless network in the wireless network manager but still i cant detect the SSID at my house.

Hope you can help me guys.

Thanks.

A:Unable to detect wireless SSID at home but can detect other wireless SSID?

please do not duplicate posts here - thanks

continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1116695-unable-detect-wireless-ssid-home.html

closing posts

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-detect-wireless-ssid-at-home-but-can-detect-other-wireless-ssid.1116694/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

Do you have any idea on how to resolved this problem? I cant able to detect or see the SSID of my router at home but i can detect others. I tried upgrading my wireless lan drivers and removed also the all of the stored wireless network in the wireless network manager but still i cant detect the SSID at my house.

Hope you can help me guys.

Thanks.

A:Unable to detect wireless SSID at home but can detect other wireless SSID?

any other PCs working OK on your home wireless ?

can you run xirrus please and post a screen shot

its possible the router is on auto channel and may have changed to wireless channel 12 or 13 which is allowed across the world except for north america and if the equipment you have is set for the american market , you may not pickup that channel

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
( the site now appears to require a business email, and does not allow webbased emails like gmail,hotmail or yahoo etc )

Use the links below

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-detect-wireless-ssid-at-home-but-can-detect-other-wireless-ssid.1116695/
Relevancy 54.18%

I need to know this since windows thinks that my monitor gets unplugged when I turn it off and use displayport (DP) as a media to transfer the image. This will be a big issue for windows if its not fixed soon since DP more or less always registers as "unplugged"
when the monitor is off.
Any1 know a solution to this problem? its bad when u need to change the resolution back to normal each time you start the computer and forgett to start one of the monitors...

A:Auto detect "unplugged monitor", where to turn off?

This is controlled by your video driver, not Windows!
The problem lies with the video driver.Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/579e675f-9246-4205-bfd8-5bfcd1bdf4e6/auto-detect-quotunplugged-monitorquot-where-to-turn-off?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 52.89%

My desk top computer has a Wireless Card with antenna that worked well until recently when it indicated that it was unplugged. "Status: Network cable unplugged". I have check the antenna connection which seems okay. What else can I do to get this "Plugged In" Again?

Windows 2000 / Linksys Wireless G PCI Adapter

A:Wireless - Says Unplugged

I think it's unusual for a wireless card to get "Network cable unplugged."

Does Device Manager indicate any problems with the card? What happens when you run the wireless utility--it says it can't find a card? Or can't find any networks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-says-unplugged.500026/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I have a laptop dell xps M with Intel R PROSet ABG It has been working well for several years Yesterday morning I wireless detect unable to a supported PROSet/Wireless was adapter. Software Intel(R) got an error quot Problem applying profile quot then it couldn t been connected I did a lot of things Update the driver from to version Make sure quot Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter. Wireless Zero Configuration quot service started Uninstall the wireless adapter and reinstall it reboot the machine It is not working today The error becomes quot Intel R PROSet Wireless Software was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter quot By checking the device manager for connectivity everything looks good One thing I must mention is sometimes I got an error that is quot Microsoft Help and Support Center has encountered a problem and needs to close quot The detail is Error signature AppName helpctr exe AppVer ModName ntdll dll ModVer Offset b I am frustered but I don t want to reinstall windows system My OS is win xp pro sp Thanks for your reading and help nbsp

A:Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-r-proset-wireless-software-was-unable-to-detect-a-supported-wireless-adapter.789295/
Relevancy 52.03%

i have an acer laptop and recently updated my computer with th latest intel pro wireless software a supported to adapter. Intel install was Pls. detect wireless unable PROset/Wireless and this is what happened When I right click on the Wireless icon -everything is greyed out except for OPEN INTEL PROset WIRELESS and OPEN INTEL WIRELESS TROUBLESHOOTER - When I click the Troubleshooter the message is CURRENTLY Intel PROset/Wireless was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter. Pls. install THERE ARE NO ISSUES REPORTED -When I click on OPEN Intel proset Wireless the pop says Intel PROset Wireless Intel PROset/Wireless was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter. Pls. install was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter Pls install a supported wireless adapter If I go to drivers and look at Network Adapters - it shows Intel PRO Wireless BG Network Connection in green but if I right click it I see a pop-up that says ADAPTER STATE NOT FOUND IN REGISTRY If I click OK button on the pop up it shows a window with tabs General Advanced Driver Details Resources - In the general category its says quot This device is working properly quot and the Device usage shows Device enabled i uninstalled both the drivers and the sofware and reverted to the old one but to no success after doin a lot of research i have to come to know a piece of program that tells me that i have wireless adapters probably the duplicates but how do i remove them and make my wireless right

A:Intel PROset/Wireless was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter. Pls. install

its an intel pro/wireless 2200BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/intel-proset-wireless-was-unable-to-detect-a-supported-wireless-adapter-pls-install-315426.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello!

I will start this off by freely admitting I'm not great with computers and usually don't know what I'm talking about.

I have an Acer Aspire 4720Z laptop.
I recently wiped it clean and installed Windows XP, and have not been able to connect to wireless internet ever since.
I used the Acer website to download the drivers, extracted all the files, etc.

When I open Intel PROSet/Wireless, I get an error message that it is "unable to detect a supported wireless adapter. Please install a supported adapter."

Also, Intel PROSet/Wireless does not appear on my Device Manager. (The only things that are listed under "Network adapters" is 1394 Net Adapter and Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet.) I feel like that's probably part of the problem, even if I'm not sure why, haha.

What can I do to get my wireless access back?

Thank you.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I get bumped off the internet every to minutes I m on a Toshiba Laptop running Vista The linksys wireless router amp wireless cable modem are quot hooked quot up to my husband s desktop computer in another room not feet away My daughter also has a Toshiba Laptop and NEVER gets booted off nowhere in the house I am CONSTANTLY getting these various reasons why I m being disconnected There might be a problem with one or more network adapters on this computer Plug a cable into the network adapter quot Local Area Connection quot Um the Unplugged? I'm Cable wireless! Network whole thing is WIRELESS what plug where Try Moving the computer to a different location Network Cable Unplugged? I'm wireless! eliminating any sources of possible interference and then try connecting to quot linksys quot again Been ALL over the house again my daughter s wireless laptop never has this issue anywhere in our home Usually the only thing between my laptop and the router modem is walls A problem with your network router or broadband modem might be preventing an Internet ConnectionO K but WHY only on MY laptop The main desktop computer NEVER looses Network Cable Unplugged? I'm wireless! connection either This has been going on for a little over a year amp I wasn t really online all that much before so I just dealt with it Now that I need to use the internet more often it s driving me crazy The minute a page doesn t open for me I look down at the network connection symbol in the system tray and sure enough there s a little yellow triangle with an exclamation point there taunting me so I right click hit quot diagnose amp repair quot a list of suggestions come up such as what I showed above and on that list under each suggestion quot it states quot click here to see if the problem is resolved quot which I immediately click on even though I ve already tried all those suggestions previously to no avail and the internet comes back on It s just such a pain to do this routine every - minutes How can I get this to stop Thank you in advance for your time nbsp

A:Network Cable Unplugged? I'm wireless!

OK, I just seen a similar question on here (however, this person had NO connection whatsoever) and an advanced user, JohnWill, requested:

What country are you located in. USA
Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Comcast Cable
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.LinkSys Wireless Cable Modem BENFCU10 ver.4
Make and exact model of the router (if a separate unit).Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54G ver. 6
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless. wireless
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)WEP
Make and model of your computer.Toshiba Satellite A135
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc. ?I don't know where to find this info?
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc. Windows Vista~Home Premium with service pack 1
The expert user, JohnWill, also requested this info:

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 216.109.112.135

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

So, I did that and here it is (I'm hoping someone will PLEASE help me now) :

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Angel>PING 216.109.112.135

Pinging 216.109.112.135 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 216.109.112.135: bytes=32 time=43ms TTL=50
Reply from 216.109.112.135: bytes=32 time=43ms TTL=50
Reply from 216.109.112.135: bytes=32 time=42ms TTL=51
Reply from 216.109.112.135: bytes=32 time=43ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 216.109.112.135:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 42ms, Maximum = 43ms, Average = 42ms

C:\Users\Angel>
C:\Users\Angel>PING yahoo.com

Pinging yahoo.com [206.190.60.37] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 206.190.60.37: bytes=32 time=42ms TTL=51
Reply from 206.190.60.37: bytes=32 time=42ms TTL=51
Reply from 206.190.60.37: bytes=32 time=40ms TTL=51
Reply from 206.190.60.37: bytes=32 time=140ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 206.190.60.37:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 40ms, Maximum = 140ms, Average = 66ms

C:\Users\Angel>NBTSTAT -n

Local Area Connection:
Node IpAddress: [0.0.0.0] Scope Id: []

No names in cache

Wireless Network Connection:
Node IpAddress: [192.168.1.106] Scope Id: []

NetBIOS Local Name Table

Name Type Status
---------------------------------------------
ANGEL-PC <00> UNIQUE Registered
WORKGROUP <00> GROUP Registered
ANGEL-PC <20> UNIQUE Registered
WORKGROUP <1E> GROUP Registered
WORKGROUP <1D> UNIQUE Registered
..__MSBROWSE__.<01> GROUP Registered

C:\Users\Angel>IPCONFIG /ALL

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Angel-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : hsd1.il.comcast.net.

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : hsd1.il.comcast.net.
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR5006X Wireless Network Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-19-7D-97-27-CD
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::44fa:d34f:a190:642f%10(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.106(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, July 03, 2008 12:40:45 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Friday, July 04, 2008 12:40:42 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-unplugged-im-wireless.727089/
Relevancy 51.6%

DELL LATTATUDE
Need help connecting to internet. keep getting message network cable unplugged (WIRELESS)

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I am having an issue connecting to any wireless network Problem s existed for days for unknown reason I have uninstalled and installed and then updated drivers I also disabled and enabled the respective services from quot services msc quot but no go I typed quot cmd ipconfig all quot and that s what I received ------------ Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Solved: any wireless network card can't wireless detect My C Users Thamer gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Thamer-VAIO Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter Broadband M ak Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadband M ak Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - - - D-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -A - - DHCP Enabled Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network Tunnel adapter isatap D A - CBC- B-A -BAB F E EC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e d e ab b e Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe d e ab b e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DD EB B- - -AC -E FC A EADB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DE -F D- A - E - AD AC D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Thamer gt ---------------------------------- TSG SysInfo Report Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO N A N A Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled ---------------------------- HiJack this Report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x WordWeb wweb exe C Program Files x ONSPEED onspeedcore exe C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer exe C Program Files x Quick net ModemListener exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility CCP exe C Program Files x Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Zone... Read more

Relevancy 51.17%

My wireless speed often drops from 54mbps to 2mps (which causes all the wireless users to find connectivity very slow, sluggish and temperamental browsing.

If I then change the channel it shoots back up to 54 and then everyone is browsing quickly again!
Additionally, sometimes the channel change causes the "Network cable unplugged sign", and the lights on the router flash off, and then takes like 30s for the router to what look likes start up again... and then just connects normally.

Furthermore, this network unplugged happens randomly, not often, but often enough to be annoying...

Is my router ****ed?

Thanks for the help

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all, This is my first post here so please be gentle with me (newbie)
This is really strange and driving me crazy!!
I have been trying to set up my Wireless connection and had problems so I decided to reset the router and unplug it overnight. It is still unplugged from the mains and the modem. If I turn on my computer it tells me there is a wireless network in range, but the signal is from my wireless router which is not in any way connected or powered up. I have tried removing it under wireless-preferred networks and it still reappears if I apply / refresh etc.
I am using the windows zero configuration and am letting windows configure my wireless network connections.
System: Dell Inspiron 700m
Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG Network Adaptor

Is there somewhere this profile has been saved and keeps on reappearing from? Thanks for any help you can give me!!

A:Wireless adaptor completely unplugged but getting a signal??????

how do you know its yours, did you change the default SSID (name of the wireless signal) in the router, if not then you are seeing someone elses wireless signal with the same make of router - if you have unplugged the router, then it will not be your wireless you are picking up - you may be picking up other peoples wireless networks

the profile will have your details, but if the wireless is not broadcasting then you will not see as available for connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adaptor-completely-unplugged-but-getting-a-signal.852466/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have recently started using a Microsoft wireless mouse for my laptop. But now the screensaver only activates when the mouse is unplugged. Is there any way to get around this?

A:Screensaver won't work when wireless mouse unplugged

Where do you keep the mouse when the screen saver comes on? Might be just turning it off of it is being bumped enough to keep the screen saver from coming on. Any movement from the mouse will keep the screen saver from coming on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screensaver-wont-work-when-wireless-mouse-unplugged.560592/
Relevancy 50.74%

As the subject says...it's an Acer Aspire One (8.9mini). I assumed it was a power scheme issue. Went to support website which mentions ePower Management (which would override Windows XP power schemes) but that's not installed on this machine. Tried Windows XP power schemes but no option for wireless lan (on or off based on power). Lan light functions the same (solid yellow) when plugged or unplugged. What could be causing problem or where is option to change setting? Thank you!

A:Wireless Internet Connection Lost only when AC adapter unplugged

Check this out: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=311389

I pulled this from the link above: "Go into System Properties, Hardware, Device Manager. Then go into Network Adapters, right click Atheros Wireless Network Adapter and choose Properties. In properties go to the Advanced tab, click on Power Save Mode and turn it off! No more issues since I turned it off and it even reactivated my wifi! I have not tried/tested the Normal setting yet, but it may also work. Apparently the power save feature of the network card glitches out and you can disable that useless feature."

I would advise assessing your situation before you so this...make sure you read the entire thread...good luck and welcome to TSG!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connection-lost-only-when-ac-adapter-unplugged.828207/
Relevancy 50.74%

Can anyone help - I am stuck. I have a Belkin wireless card that I have been using to connect a laptop to my 2WIRE router ( 2 other computers are wired to this router as well). All was well until my kids gummed up the laptop with spyware. My husband had his place of work clear off the adware and get the labtop operating again, but now everytime I try to connect to the internet the LAN information says "network cable unplugged" (although there is no "cable" since it is a wireless connection!) There are lots of message boards about this type of problem but I cannot make sense of them for my situation. By the way, the laptop connects just fine to the interent at my husband's place of work - just not at home anymore. The laptop is running Windows 2000. I have the Belkin card correctly configured with the router WEP code.

Thanks.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys new here So this problem is driving me crazy I'm usually quite good with dealing with computer problems but this has left me completely lost The computer im using is a new build around months ago CPU i k GPU MSI GTX windows (0x0xc000007e BSOD When Adapter unplugged 7) Wireless i Mobo ASUS maximus hero VI RAM BSOD (0x0xc000007e windows 7) When i unplugged Wireless Adapter Corsair Vengence gb OS Windows Service pack Wirless usb adapter TP-Link TL-WN N So as recently i started to get lag and sometimes would spike up to ms making the game completely unplayable and making me very ragey So i thought it was just the wireless adapter over heating or something like that I unplugged it and boom BSOD x xc e So my first instinct was to google BSOD (0x0xc000007e windows 7) When i unplugged Wireless Adapter the issue thinking there would be a nice and easy fix quot This issue occurs because of a race condition in the USB Video driver when a USB video device is unloaded quot That was the cause microsoft support was giving After BSOD (0x0xc000007e windows 7) When i unplugged Wireless Adapter reading it it sounded like what was happening to me Before i downloaded anything i done abit of testing I disconnected other usb devices from the back of the computer They didn't cause a BSOD so i swapped the wireless adapter and plugged it in then out That still caused the BSOD So i know for a certain it's causing the issue Now This is where i went down a massive rabbit hole First thing i tried Unistalled Avast as some people were claiming on a youtube comments section that was causing the issue i know im sorry The BSOD still happened Second thing I downloaded the windows quot hotfix quot This is were i gets messy I tried to run the msu file but i got another message quot this update is not applicable with your computer quot Thinking if i got this working it would then in turn stop the BSOD So i proceeded to google that message I read on some forum that i was missing some security windows updates So i downloaded other quot needed quot updates all those installed today Some where installed using the windows update and others being a msu standalone update Then of course It still doesn't install the hotfix for the BSOD error So this leaves me here going crazy Desperate for help If anyone has had a similar problem and can offer ANY help id greatly appreciate it

A:BSOD (0x0xc000007e windows 7) When i unplugged Wireless Adapter

Welcome.

Have you tried updating this driver?

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.3.9600.16384 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\YUSRA\Downloads\GARY-PC-06_01_2015__45707_23\010615-21387-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

************* Symbol Path validation summary **************
Response Time (ms) Location
Deferred SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18409.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c0c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e4f890
Debug session time: Tue Jan 6 06:10:15.998 2015 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:59.810
Loading Kernel Symbols

Press ctrl-c (cdb, kd, ntsd) or ctrl-break (windbg) to abort symbol loads that take too long.
Run !sym noisy before .reload to track down problems loading symbols.

Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athurx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athurx.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88006e0fe26, fffff88003738808, fffff88003738060}

Probably caused by : athurx.sys ( athurx+8e26 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

7: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff88006e0fe26, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff88003738808, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff88003738060, Context Record Address

Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
athurx+8e26
fffff880`06e0fe26 488b8098260000 mov rax,qword ptr [rax+2698h]

EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff88003738808 -- (.exr 0xfffff88003738808)
ExceptionAddress: fffff88006e0fe26 (athurx+... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/357493-bsod-0x0xc000007e-windows-7-when-i-unplugged-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello all I came across this website and forum through searching for this problem I ve come across similar problems but they all either end with the person wireless detect card network Wireless won't taking their computer to a shop or it goes unsolved Here is the issue My Wireless card won't detect wireless network computer Dell Vostro with Windows XP will not detect the wireless network we have here at home The wireless card is an Intel Pro Wireless ABG The Wireless card won't detect wireless network laptop has a light that shows if WiFi is on or not Whenever I turn on the laptop the light is usually on but not detecting any wireless network either ours or someone else s -This started happening about three weeks ago There was no damage to the computer I reformatted the laptop and reinstalled all the drivers but the problem persisted -Turns out one of our cats had thrown up on the router we had at the time so I figured that was the problem and waited until we got another one -The new one came yesterday and everything was working fine A couple hours later the problem resurfaced I rolled back the driver thinking maybe that was the issue but apparently it wasn t I tried uninstalling the wireless card and reinstalling The only thing that accomplished was deleting the profile I had on there I ve tried the simple repair option but that hasn t worked I know the router is broadcasting a signal because everyone else in the house is getting the connection Here is what is displayed when I do the IPCONFIG ALL in CMD Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings ChrisAdmin gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name chris Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain actdsltmp Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain actdsltmp Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - D- -B - -A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday September P M Lease Expires Saturday September PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - C-BF- -A - C Thanks in advance Right now I m connected via ethernet Here is some additional information -Devices listed under Network adapters include Net Adapter Broadcom x Integrated Controller and the Intel adapter I mentioned earlier Intel Pro Wireless ABG Network Connection -No devices under Network adapters have a red x displayed -No devices in the Device Manager display a yellow or nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello there a week ago i bought a msi laptop with wireless card networks wireless detect won't windows premuim OS everything about it is very good except that the adapter card is driving me nuts The problem is that i wont detect wireless card won't detect wireless networks networks at all i went around to places where there were wireless and still nothing so its nothing wrong with my home network i spent countless hours looking it up and still couldn t get an answer i tried connecting a linksys wireless-G USB network adapter to it it always for some reason fail to install device but when i go to device manager and uninstall the device and plug it back in it works fine and i can find and connect to networks problem is i don t really want to have to carry the adapter around with me all the time when there is a built in inside the laptop please help me the adapter card is a bgn T R mini card wireless adapter nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

For the past year and a half I ve been using a Netgear N Wireless USB Adapter to connect my home-built computer with Windows to the wifi from the router on the floor directly below me and it s worked just fine But lately for the past couple antenna ethernet that suddenly nonexistent unplugged insists wireless cable is my My of weeks often when I get up in the My wireless antenna suddenly insists that my nonexistent ethernet cable is unplugged morning my little networking icon in my system tray has insisted that there are no available connections or that it can t find any because My wireless antenna suddenly insists that my nonexistent ethernet cable is unplugged my ethernet cable is unplugged I don t even HAVE an ethernet cable on this computer and I haven t ever I have also noticed that it seems to have this problem during the daylight hours No matter how many times I restart my computer or reset my adapter or physically go downstairs to make sure Dad hasn t bumped a wire Dad s computer remains perfectly connected and functional while mine mostly just frustrates me I get a pretty regular inflow of newsletters from various places and when I wake up in the afternoon and my internet is down my Gmail shows no new messages any later than AM and when my computer is magically able to detect a signal again and autoconnects this magic seems to happen at around PM As an experiment I plugged my old Presario with WinXP back in and hooked the adapter up to it and it couldn t connect either So I was sure it was the adapter so I went out and bought a new one of the exact same model as my old one And I m still having this problem What is this and how do I make it stop Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P P LE Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:My wireless antenna suddenly insists that my nonexistent ethernet cable is unplugged

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-antenna-suddenly-insists-that-my-nonexistent-ethernet-cable-is-unplugged.1101049/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, so today I unplugged my computer while it was still running by accident. Now it wont start at all, no lights, no fans, nothing. I am concerned that it may be a problem with my power supply (maybe fried it or something). And no its not a problem with the cord (I tried a different one), its not a problem with the power switch (the one that you switch to either circle or line) because I tried it both ways. However recently my computers power button stopped working so my brother hooked up an old keyboard to my computer so to start it I will press a key on that keyboard and it will start up my computer, so I have to keyboards one to start the computer up and one to type. So in summary im not really sure what the problem is but im 90% sure it has something to do with either my "power keyboard" of my Power Supply so yeah. Any help will be apreciated

A:Accidentaly unplugged computer without shutting down. Computer will not start.

Try and get a psu off a friend who might have a extra one. Go from there. This way you might be able to narrow it down. It really hard to say what happen .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentaly-unplugged-computer-without-shutting-down-computer-will-not-start.203970/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am having this issue and have been searching online for days with no solution, so hoping someone here can help..
I have a dell laptop that suddenly started getting this message about network cable is unplugged, when it in fact isn't.. I cannot run ipconfig, i get an error that says it's not allowed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. The light on the network port is on, and I've tried several known working cables with no luck. I even went so far as to buy a dlink ethernet adapter that plugs into the laptop slot (pcm I think it's called) and this network card has the same issue, however works perfectly in another machine. I have tried winsock repairs I found online, but having no luck anywhere.
Any suggestions? Any further questions? Thanks!

John

A:Network cable unplugged error, but it's not unplugged

If it is not unplugged, you have a damaged socket, damaged cable, or damaged or defective ethernet card.
What error flags to you have in the Device Manager?
What is your Dell model and how old is it?
Using a strong light and a magnifying glass, look for bent or twisted wire in the ethernet socket., or just plain ol dirt, dust, hair, and fiber.
Still, a bad cable is most user's most likely problem. Do't forget that the other end of the connection can give you the same error message.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-unplugged-error-but-its-not-unplugged.133483/
Relevancy 47.73%

one of my user's laptop wireless is working properly until the laptop can't see any wireless. i already checked the settings of the laptop, even if the wireless is set to broadcast, i cant see or connect to any wireless..

under control panel > network and internet > network and sharing center, on the left side of the screen i can't see the option "manage wireless settings". that's why i cant add any SSID of the router. i already checked the drivers and update it but still theres no wireless detected. when i run the windows troubleshoot i got this error saying "windows could'nt automatically bind the ip protocol stack to the network adapter".

pls help..
Thanks in advance!

A:can't detect any wireless please help!

Did you check in BIOS and Device Manager the wireless adapter is enabled?

Usually there will be a switch or button on the laptop to turn on the wireless. Did you try them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/207413-cant-detect-any-wireless-please-help.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Running an hp dv6000 on windows 7. I am running cabled internet at home but at university I have wireless. Thing is my laptop isn't even picking it up. I know its not the router cause I have 7 housemates who all have working wireless. My wireless worked last term so I dont know whats going on. All help welcome. Thanks : )

Relevancy 47.3%

I accidently turned the power switch off! Now all I'm getting is the main screen with no icons. I have a Dell Deminsion E310 and WindowsXP.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,
I was playing Eve Online when my computer got unplugged. Now when I try to run eve, I crash. I'm also having trouble with other programs, and can't install some of my drivers.

Any thoughts on what may cause something like this?

Thanks,

A:Computer unplugged now crashing

First guess would be file corruption from the machine being shut off while in use.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-unplugged-now-crashing-558390.html
Relevancy 47.3%

By Accident I Unplugged My Computer while it was on and now i am worried that my movie files will be corrupted...they seem to play fine...but i am still worried....please could somebody please help by telling me if any of my files will become damaged...thank you

A:By Accident I Unplugged My Computer While It Was On

Unless the files were open and being played or saved at the time of the power loss, there should be no damage.

But remember that power can do out at any time and hard disks die without warning (quite often, these days), so all your important data must be backed up. Since you are so worried it would suggest you have no backup plan. Maybe time to get one?

As an example I backup all new data every day, to a second and totally separate hard drive, then all data to DVD every week. Every DVD is "verified" to ensure that no files are corrupt in the copy process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/by-accident-i-unplugged-my-computer-while-it-was-on.473623/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys I really need some help with this one AS MUCH AS I CAN GET I tried to contact acer support but as for me because i have no warranty on the machine they will not do anything to help me but to tell me unplugged will +MORE until not shut Computer down to look on their forums Which i have Problem Computer will not shut down until unplugged +MORE - The computer itself will not shut off If i unplug it and leave it and let everything stop I let it sit for a week i am sure there is no power in it Now If When i plug the computer back in I do not have to push the power button for it to turn on it just turns on as soon as the power source Computer will not shut down until unplugged +MORE is connected Problem - After the computer boots it will not connect to any monitor Nor will it show me anything on any monitor i dont even think the OS is booting properly Computer will not shut down until unplugged +MORE in that case i would have to take it to geek squad and let them look at it since i bought ir form bestbuy No warranty though so i would have to pay for it Problem - I have been looking for weeks If anyone knows anything at all it would much appreciated i am tired of not being able to play video games cuz of this not so fast laptop Computer specs From what i know and have installed - AMD Phenom quad core processor - Nvidia Gforce gtx graphics card - gb sata HD - gb ram Model - Acer AM for Original specs that came with the machine Not my computer this is the one i bought at first nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Dell Inspiron with factory installed Win 7 Home Premium. I have several WD External USB hard drives that worked well on my old XP laptop.

Two things cause the problems in the title: I will be transferring files and it will just stop and suddenly the drive is no longer working. I can still see it in my computer, but none of the files are accessible. Eventually (randomly) the drives disappear from my computer. The second way it happens is if I manually unplug the drive, it will still show up in my computer. Also, like I said, eventually they do disappear.

But then, I cannot get them to be recognized if I plug them back in, unless I reboot.

Is this a Win 7 bug with WD drives? I don't remember this much trouble with XP.

A:USB drives are unplugged, but still in My Computer for a while

No answer to this? I am still having this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/255842-usb-drives-unplugged-but-still-my-computer-while.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Greetings I installed Windows few days certain with Can't detect wireless W8.1 networks ago tried to stay away from it as long as I could but it caught me off guard while I left my laptop running while I was away and it installed by itself Can't really say my problem was caused by W alone though the day I installed it there were a few thunderstorms around here and my internet was dead for most of the time when I actually checked my PC after it restarted itself it asked me to connect to the internet and showed me my wireless network but I still couldn't connect because it was out I skipped that step and allowed it to finish and then turn off the laptop Next day I come back to set up whatever was left but for whatever reason I couldn't find my network on the list figured it was still out but then Can't detect certain wireless networks with W8.1 checked on my phone and it was working perfectly decided to check my other laptop and it was also working just ignored it because my IP gives me wi-fi anyway for when the main line is out I managed to spot my main network again couple days ago tried to connect to it but said something about it being unavailable and dissapeared from the list again yesterday I managed to manually connect to it and it worked only to dissapear after a few hours I've spotted it again a couple times afterwards but still can't connect manually connecting isn't helping either I searched around a bit and tried a couple things like disconnecting from my microsoft account forgetting the network and then trying to manual connecting also saw somewhere that it could be a driver problem tried updating those but I don't think I was very successful the connection I'm using now is pretty slow and unreliable It could very well be my router or IP causing the problem but I can use internet on my phone and other laptop without a problem Help would be appreciated as I'm kinda lost right now Thanks

A:Can't detect certain wireless networks with W8.1

Hello,

It might be good to download the latest driver for your Wi-Fi adapter, either from the manufacturer's site or Windows Updates optional updates.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/56933-cant-detect-certain-wireless-networks-w8-1-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I not wireless detect new PC will adapter am confused as to why this card is not working I purchased AC cards for our new router in my apartment Rosewill RNX-AC PCE Dual Band Wireless AC Wi-Fi Wi-Fi Adapter IEEE AC IEEE a b g n Up to Mbps GHz Mbps GHz Wireless Data Rates USB Interface After receiving the cards I installed the first one to my PC and at first it did not detect the card in my device manager but after shutting down reseating it and rebooting my PC the wireless card worked perfectly However on my roommates PC it just will not detect the wireless card He had a working wireless N adapter card already in his pc that was working We unplugged it put in the new card and installed the drivers for the card However in his device manager there is nothing showing up and there is no devices in the other devices section The light on the wireless card is not lit up and we have tried reinstalling the drivers reseating the card and using Windows update just incase to no avail After a few hours of trying to get it to work I tried using the card on my other roomates PC to see if the card was defective it works perfectly fine on his I am just confused as to why his PC which already had a wireless adapter that was working in the same slot wont detect the new one whatsoever wont even show up in device manager and still works on my other roomates PC The only thing I have yet to try is reformatting his PC Any theories why this isn't working SOrry for the long post btw

A:PC will not detect new wireless adapter

Quote:
Rosewill RNX-AC1200PCE, Dual Band Wireless AC1200 Wi-Fi Wi-Fi Adapter, IEEE 802.11AC IEEE802.11a/b/g/n, Up to 867Mbps(5.0GHz) + 300Mbps(2.4GHz) Wireless Data Rates, USB3.0 Interface,

The only problem I see with your description is that USB3.0 Interface is not mentioned in the description on Rosewill.com - Computer Case, Power Supply, Computer Accessories, Networking, Peripherals. Price, Quality, and Services.[896da13917d944759d73f85c2a27882c].jpg .

Quote:
He had a working wireless N adapter card already in his pc that was working

Was there some desire for features his wouldn't provide?

One thing with modern computers of the last several years is when installing new cards, memory modules, etc., they have to be shut down and the power cord removed and either the power switch pressed or wait a few minutes for residual power to drain from the motherboard or there will be damage either to the motherboard or the to device/s or both.

Quote:
The only thing I have yet to try is reformatting his PC. Any theories why this isn't working?

Did his adapter work after putting it back?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/352774-pc-will-not-detect-new-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,

I have a wireless connection with a d-link router. I connect to the wireless connection without any problems using my laptop and mums laptop (I run XP mum is on vista).

I have now tried connecting using my desktop computer (XP) via wireless dell adaptor. I use windows to connect, but for some reason it detects other wireless connections just not my one.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all,

First off, let me preface this by saying that I am very ignorant about computers...

My laptop can't detect any wireless networks. The ethernet works fine. I have Vista Home Premium and use an Asus Laptop.

I have no idea if this relates, but every time I start my computer, an error message comes up saying that windows host processes has stopped working.

THANKS in advance-

Caroline

A:Cannot detect wireless networks

Hi Caroline,

I'm not sure if there's a Vista Guru here about to reply... in case not, I thought perhaps I might be able to assist as I've troubleshooted this kind of problem before.

First off, are there any other computers in your household that are successfully using the wireless network? If so, when they connect does the wireless network show up in a list? Some networks can be configured not to broadcast the ID. In that case, you wouldn't see anything in your list.

The windows host process could very well be tied to a different issue. But in the course of troubleshooting, it may become more clear if it is involved.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/285274-cannot-detect-wireless-networks.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, I have an 802.11n Wireless LAN card, but Windows is not detecting it. When I go to set up a network, I get the "it may take up to 90 seconds to detect your network" screen, but it never finds it. Can someone help me out with this or something? Thanks.

A:Windows will not detect my wireless

did you install the drivers for the wifi device .check device manager for any red/yellow !.indicating missing drivers or devices

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263638-windows-will-not-detect-my-wireless.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a hp pc that runs windows XP .
I have A belkin wireless usb.
And a belking router.
My laptop captures the signal and detects it but my pc doesnt.
This happened out of no where.
It shows that theres no network availaible when there is .
please help.
ive tried everything and you guys are my only hope .
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!! =]

A:Cannot Detect Wireless Network On My PC =9

Try some of the suggestions in this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870702 Good Luck !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284705/cannot-detect-wireless-network-on-my-pc-9/
Relevancy 47.3%

After I turned the computer back from sleep the Wi-Fi function disappeared on my laptop I'm using an old HTC Wildfire S as a Wi-Fi hotspot after the USB modem got broken and connection works well detect cannot adapter OS wireless on two Samsung tablets the carrier is Smart Mobile in Cambodia OS cannot detect wireless adapter And I can download or browse the web normally when connecting through USB tethering from the smartphone I looked for Samsung RV drivers and tried installing QCA WLAN Driver and WLAN Atheros Win and the wireless adapter worked only once after a restart but after turning on from sleep it was gone again It's gone completely it's not showing up in Device Manager no yellow icon In Manage Wireless Networks it says quot The wireless is currently disabled quot The Fn F doesn't work nor is there any Wi-Fi button on the laptop I installed Easy Display Manager for Fn keys but it's not working and I also looked into the BIOS at startup but I don't see anything strange In Change Adapter Settings there are only Local Area Connection for network cable and Local Area Connection for HTC hotspot The WLAN AutoConfig in services msc is set to Automatic and OS cannot detect wireless adapter restarting it or restarting the computer doesn't fix it Unfortunately System Restore option was disabled so the few restore points I have don't fix it either Yesterday I did a long Windows Update didn't help and also disabled the firewall and restart Nothing I can also do wishful thinking but I hope the wireless adapter isn't dead yet It worked once after installing drivers but then it was gone again Is there anything else to try

A:OS cannot detect wireless adapter

Hello and welcome Celeste. Now can you post a shot of the Device Manager for us to see what WLAN you have installed.

Use this if you need to Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/304343-os-cannot-detect-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Every once in a while, my router fails (due to a problem in part by the supplier). The common solution to this is that i unplug it for a couple seconds, replug it, and the net comes back on.

Now i got three computers sharing this connection. Two of them will re-detect the connection, and everything works fine. Not so for the third system.

It refuses to detect. I have to end up disabling and re-enabling the wireless card, and it gets backs detecting again.

It is a rather cumbersome procedure.

Does anybody have any solution?

Thanks in advance!!!

A:Wireless not detect signal

What OS?
What router model and brand is doing this?
Are these wireless adapters USB, Built-in or PCMICA.
Are you seeing a lot of drops on the LAN and WAN (internet)

Router you got there as anyone updated the firmware on it? If you flashed the firmware on it and it does the same thing. Time to replace the wireless router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-not-detect-signal.149864/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi
I have been having some troubles with my Toshiba laptop. I have a Atheros AR5007EG wireless network adapter. Initially it started with BSOD issues. So I tried to delete and reinstall the driver for Atheros card. Now I am able to start up and connect to Internet with Ethernet cable without any BSOD issues, but I am not able to see any Ethernet connections. When I check in the Device driver, it says the Atheros card is functioning correctly. I tried to delete and let Windows reinstall drivers a couple of times, but no luck.

I have attached screen shot of the Atheros driver in device manager and the output of ipconfig /all. I would appreciate if anybody can help. My model number is L305 - S5894.

Thanks

Hello houston2014,

Welcome to TSG!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the support page for your Toshiba L305-S5894. You should bookmark this page for future reference.

Based on your screenshot, both LAN adapter and wireless network adapter should be functioning.

Let's try downloading the latest drivers for the LAN card first. They are available here. [I would have given you a direct link, but I cannot determine your operating system from the screenshot you gave].

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Assuming you are running Windows Vista or later, please include a screenshot of the Network and Sharing Center in your next reply as well.

This can be opened by clicking Start > in the search bar type Network and Sharing Center and hit Enter.

On Windows 8/8.1 the search function can be launched by moving your cursor to the top-right corner of the screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-detect-wireless-networks.1131574/
Relevancy 47.3%

Very frustrated.

Macbook Pro OSX 10.6.5
Canon MX870
Linksys wrt54g router

The printer finds the network. It says the connection is active - and if I unplug the router that changes to inactive, and back to active when I plug back in. So I feel the printer - router connection is OK.

The computer finds the network fine - evidenced by the fact that I'm wirelessly on the internet now.

The setup software tells me the printer can't be detected. I've played with a few of the alphabet soup of settings on the router page - but none seem to have any effect.

Would greatly appreciate any guidance.

Thanks

TL

A:Cant detect wireless printer

For anyone else with this problem:

This helped:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1341

After reseting the printer system click add a printer and select the MX870. It also shows up as a bonjour scanner. I just selected the printer first and it worked fine. Suspected I might not be able to scan if I didn't select the scanner as well so I did that too. I don't have time to try and scan something but the printer still works wirelessly.

Hope that helps someone.

TL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-detect-wireless-printer.973310/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi
I have a dell inspiron 1501 laptop which was working fine until thursday. when I got infected with the b.exe virus.
I have used nod32, avira, superantispyware & anitmalaware the virus appears to be gone and the computer clean.
The problem i now have is; both the Lan and network connection icons on the task bar have red crosses through them. The network connection icon has a pop up message that states that wireless networks are in range click to view them, when I click to view the network task window states that no wireless networks were found.
I have uninstalled the wireless card and re installed it, uninstalled and re installed the driver for the wireless card, I have flashed the bios using dell updates

What am I missing and how can I resolve this?

Can anyone help me with this please.

Thanks Goaliehammy

Relevancy 47.3%

A friend has a new Compaq system with Win Home factory installed She asked if I could set her up with wireless to avoid running Cat in her really old house I visited with two cards I'd used previously detect Won't wireless cards PCI Linksys WMP v Netgear MA rev I also brought a disc with the latest drivers which didn't include Win The problem however was that Windows didn't even detect either Won't detect PCI wireless cards card when installed Won't detect PCI wireless cards Each board lit the little green light near it's antenna indicating it had power from the PCI slot but Win never knew I plugged them in I tried re-seating each a few times I checked the BIOS but nothing there seemed related There was one setting to enable PCI graphics but since the slot was empty and it was using MOBO graphics I disabled that - no improvement I checked the MS compatibility list and the Linksys card is definitely compatible Netgear card doesn't show up but those with close 's are all compatible I also tried installing the software for each board using the setup wizard for each on the disc Each installed fine but still didn't see a board plugged in I even got bold or dumb once and plugged the Linksys board in hot but it did nothing Any ideas on why the PCI slot seems dead I didn't see a way to disable it in the bios Thanks Hoosemon

A:Won't detect PCI wireless cards

Linksys WMP11 v4 & Netgear MA311 rev2 are both old B rated cards.
Would be worth getting a new N rated card.

It does sound like you have probloms with PCI slot, as PC is a new Compaq system, have HP/Compaq check out frist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/136010-wont-detect-pci-wireless-cards.html
Relevancy 47.3%

If one has only one desktop PC for home use and uses say cable/DSL, is there a network monitoring program that is easy to use and display wireless LAN piggybacking, virtual network, & anonymous/remote servers including its IP addresses and location and description of what it was doing?
Can this program also be able to disable, block, disconnect wireless LAN piggybacking, virtual network & anonymous/remote servers?

One more thing, how can a user be able to isolate the home desktop PC using Win 7?
In other words, the user does not want the PC to be a domain nor workstation, but wants to connect only to the Internet - to surf, e-mail, shop, upload/download. No sharing with anyone.

A:how to detect wireless LAN piggybacking

Disable wireless in the router!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114140-how-detect-wireless-lan-piggybacking.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I've been searching through some threads but I can't seem to find the answer to my problem.. Or I'm just dense.

I just downloaded Windows 7 and I can connect to the internet with my ethernet cord but not using wireless. Before I downloaded 7 I could connect easily with Vista and had no problem detecting wireless networks..

I am having the same problem. Can anyone help me figure this out?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/28611-cannot-detect-wireless-networks.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Can anyone help me? Why do my laptop can only detect the wireless connection when its placed beside the router? Other computer can detect the connection although it is far from the router. I'm using acer aspire 4920, windows 7. Thanx

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,
I have an acer aspire 5810tz laptop and i had downloaded driver genius and it said i should update my driver for my Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter, so i did, from the acer website. it uninstalled the old driver (Said it detected a previous installation and asked if i wanted to uninstall it and i said yes) and now control panel says my driver is up to date and device is working properly but i cant detect my wireless network at home even though before this it was working fine. the only reason i was trying was cause it would disconnect me randomly and reconnect me. I have a Netgear WGT624 router. Internet works fine when i connect to the router via ethernet cable. Please Help and thank you!

Relevancy 47.3%

I recently got a Canon MX870 and have successfully added it to my network wirelessly. I can print fine from my Macbook Pro and my iPhone (via AirPrint Activator). I have set it up so that the printer can be shared.

For some work things I use VMWare fusion to run WinXP on my MBP. I've failed to be able to get WinXP to recognize the printer. When I run the included software it does not find the printer at all. The same thing happened when I tried to find it in OSX. Eventually someone recommended that I clear all printers from the OS and then add them back individually. Sure enough the printer was there and that worked perfectly. I've tried the "Add a printer" function in control panel - but XP doesn't find the printer so that I can add it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Relevancy 47.3%

I have recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit, but when i inserted my Compaq Wireless adapter (network receiver or whatever it's called), USB, to connect my computer to my wireless network, windows doesn't detect it. It has worked fine on Windows XP on the very same computer, but now - nothing.
Any help would me much appreciated.

A:Don't detect wireless adapter

Hello Duckyouck, Welcome to the forum

More details would help us to help you
Have a look here; HP Support & Drivers | United States

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/169363-dont-detect-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Dell Inspiron E running windows xp Also an HP Photosmart C wireless printer This happens every time I move I get the computer on the network and the printer on the network but they don t talk I can t ping the printer and I can t bring up the embedded web browser I can print the network config page from the printer but can t print a test page from the computer I ve can't detect printer wireless disabled my firewall That hasn t helped I ve tried creating a port especially for that ip address However I don t have the disk for the printer and when I had to select can't detect wireless printer my product it only showed the C series BT I don t know what BT means but I selected that I don t know what that means but it still won t print The printer shows up in my printer and faxes menu but when I can't detect wireless printer ran the HP print diagnostic utility no printers were displayed nbsp

A:can't detect wireless printer

Here we have found that Home networked HP printers often need to be completely re-installed to get them to work again when anything in the network changes

the complete HP driver package is here
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...en&cc=uk&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=1153494#N243

Its quite a large file for the full package

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-detect-wireless-printer.989678/
Relevancy 46.87%

I was cleaning my office and moving my office around yesterday. I unplugged the computer and disconnected all peripherals in order to move it to the other side of the room. Once everything was in place in the new location, I connected everything and then plugged in the computer. the fan came on, leds show up on my ethernet port, but the computer won't turn on. I press the on button and get nothing, the fan continues to turn, and only turns off if I unplug the machine... is this a PSU problem?

I have already purchased a new and improved computer, but need to access my old one for contact information, legal documents, and website addresses that I can't afford to lose.

I am considering bringing it in for service but thought if the suggestion is that the PSU is bad then I might just switch that out myself.

please advise.

A:Unplugged and Moved Computer, Now it will not turn on

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Just try starting the computer with just the mains cable and monitor attached.

The reason I say that, is because not so very long ago, I had the same problem.

It turned out that the din connector to my tv card was shorting out.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unplugged-and-moved-computer-now-it-will-not-turn-on.45507/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

Just building a new system today, its running a i7 930, anyway if I have the processor plugged in all the fans start and lights come on, but the fan are not at full speed and then I get continuous short beeps. If I unplug the processor all the fans run at full speed and I get no beep. I have already swapped out the PSU with a known working PSU and still got the same result. Any suggestions?

A:Computer Beeps continuously unless CPU is unplugged

I believe that, in order for anyone to be able to help, they need to know a few more things.
At the very least , which Motherboard or which BIOS does your MOBO have?
To quote from the website pcapprentice,"Computer beep codes run in a sequence and need to be identified as such. Whether they
are long or short beeps you have to determine where the sequence ends and the next begins. While the
sequence is continuous there is a slight pause between the series of computer beep codes"
You can buy a POST Diagnostics Card to get a readout, if you can't determine the number of beeps.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815158065&Tpk=bios post card
It might also be helpful to know what else is connected to the MOBO--graphics card, RAM, etc.?
With luck, it could be something really simple, like you don't have a GPU plugged in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-beeps-continuously-unless-cpu-is-unplugged.145276/
Relevancy 46.87%

Earlier today I was surfing the internet when my computer suddenly made 2 beeps. Over the course of the next hour it continued making the same 2 beeps at intervals of approximately 5-10 minutes. I decided to turn off the computer and unplug it and, whilst waiting to plug it back in, I was surprised to hear the computer make the same two beeps! I carried on waiting and the computer continued to make the same 2 beeps every 5-10 minutes despite being disconnected from the mains.

At present the computer is still doing the 2 beeps every 5-10 mins regardless of whether it is on, off or unplugged. I'm not 100% sure where the noise is coming from but i'm guessing its the motherboard?

Can anyone offer any help as to what is causing the beeps and how to stop it?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 46.87%

I mistakenly unplugged my computer while working on it. Now, I cannot find my hard drive. How can I get everything back?

A:Unplugged computer/hard drive gone

HELP! computer was unplugged while being logged on and doing work. now my hard drive has disappeared. What can I do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unplugged-computer-hard-drive-gone-562704.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Issue I unplugged and replugged my two monitors Now when I turn the computer on it does not boot up Instead the CD drive clicks and nothing happens If I attempt to Boot Monitors, Now Won't Unplugged Computer shut it off by holding the power button it turns right back on again While it still worked external memory devices USB flash SD cards in USB adapter etc Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot did not work All other USB devices did Sims would only run with severe graphical glitches see thread in Games subsection for details Latest Changes Idiot ex installed Windows Ultimate on my machine assuring me it would take care of all driver needs I was unaware of his habit at the time but looking back I believe he may have Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot been operating under the influence of marijuana And he intends to do this sort of thing Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot professionally in the military in a life-and-death situation I hate my life Specs Compaq Presario SR NX Desktop Windows Ultimate -bit SP AMD Athlon tm Processor GHz GB RAM AsusTek EAH graphics card Update I unplugged the computer and then plugged it in again for the third time and now all of a sudden it recognizes both monitors now and can boot up again Now my question is quot why quot Oh and it s back to the previous two problems now nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unplugged-monitors-now-computer-wont-boot.1054619/
Relevancy 46.87%

I too had a problem when we re-modeled the computer room I simply unplugged the power and to computer Unplugged can't Internet connect now supply and left all other cables intact Since we don t usually use the PC Unplugged computer and now can't connect to Internet that the router and modem are attached to rather we use our laptops I simply re-plugged everything into a portable power strip and we did fine for the week that the room was disassembled When I moved the PC back into the room I simply plugged in the power Nothing No internet to the PC no wireless I have tried resetting all boxes changing out ethernet cables uninstalling the router and reinstalling calling AT amp T short of their service call which I refuse and being mindful of switching the modem from PPOE to bridged I finally bought a new router which was stupid I ve never heard of a router going bad and even that didn t help when I had this problem last year it ended being the modem and once they replaced it I didn t have any other problems until now My modem works fine as long as it s hardwired into the PC Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated I ve never had this problem with any other service provider besides at amp t I m so over it nbsp

A:Unplugged computer and now can't connect to Internet

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unplugged-computer-and-now-cant-connect-to-internet.909141/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have Verizon Wireless 4G LTE mifi network but for some reason, my PC won't detect it. I had it on the computer once before, but then I had to take my computer to a repair shop to get a new hard drive, and when I booted up my PC after bringing it home, for some reason the Verizon wireless network does NOT show up on my computer under network connections or on the list of availible wireless networks, and I have absolutely NO clue how to get the my PC to detect the network, any ideas?

A:Windows XP can't detect wireless network

Usually the best place to start is the user manual. Connection instructions start on page 15.

http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/mifi_2200_ota/mifi_2200_ota.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-cant-detect-wireless-network.1002646/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a laptop that decided it does not detect the network. It worked fine until two days ago. I have not changed anything on the computer. My other laptop and printer work ok with the wireless router network system. But this one has decided it does not "see" the router network. The device manager shows no problems with the network adapter. I am lost now. What to do?

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys,

In december i installed a Lexmark wireless printer to a laptop, a few weeks ago the laptop was stolen and has now been replaced. During this time the isp has changed to talktalk.

I tried to install the printer on the new laptop but it just cant seem to see the device. I tried a factory reset on the printer and i KNOW im using the right wireless key.

Having phoned Lexmark and tried everything again the technician advised its something to do with the router/isp settings (we disabled the mcafee firewall)

In summary, during setup (with a usb cable between laptop and printer) the ssid is found, when i click continue it scans for the printer but never finds it. I know the ip of the printer but when i ping it all packets fail.

Can anyone tell me wot i should do please?

Thanx
Paul

Relevancy 46.44%

I shut down my laptop on thanksgiving day and came back later that night and logged on and My Wifi wasn't working It doesn't show any available networks - My wifi switch is Different Very Cant' Networks: Wireless Problem Detect in the ON position - In the Device Manager it says that it is WORKING PROPERLY - It shows a red x in the task bar showing that theres no connection -When I go Cant' Detect Wireless Networks: Very Different Problem to Control Panel gt Network and Internet gt Network and sharing Center it is completely empty nothing is there only icons nothing else - It doesn't show the wireless button in Windows Mobility center anymore - I bought a Linksys Wireless adapter and it would not work unless i enabled the windows wireless network Cant' Detect Wireless Networks: Very Different Problem manager which i can't do either - I uninstalled and reinstalled the Drivers from the Toshiba website - I did a system Restore - and a bunch of other stuff Nothing works I read in other forums that its a problem with windows and bad drivers and maybe a bad windows update If anyone can help me I would appreciate it very much Thank you

A:Cant' Detect Wireless Networks: Very Different Problem

When you mentioned this> -When I go to Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network and sharing Center it is completely empty, nothing is there...only 4 icons...nothing else.

That would indicate a system problem where you may have lost some system files. Have you tried doing a repair install from the Windows CD? The tutorial below shows you how.

Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/127517-cant-detect-wireless-networks-very-different-problem.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I just upgraded to windows xp pro on my laptop and the new system cannot enable a wireless connection. Before i upgraded i was wi-fi capable (wifi was built in when i bought the laptop) but now nothing shows up on my network connections. The wifi switch is on but no possible connections show up on the network connectoins menu. I need help.

A:Windows cannot detect my wireless card

You may have to disable the onboard wireless card...

Check your userguide on how to do this.

Regards,

Korrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-cannot-detect-my-wireless-card.58155/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am running the wirless network install for an HP C4750 printer on my HP/Vista laptop (it is currently hard-wired to my PC). I follow the steps and it tries to find networks-none are listed. I enter the network name, and it says it cannot find it. I tried connecting the PC directly to the Motorola router, but still no luck. Tried logging to 192.168.10.1 and 192.168.10.3 to verify SSID - but it says "Internet Explorer Cannot Display Webpage" I know the network is up and running (the laptop is wireless), what am I missing?

A:Wireless Printer set-up - Cannot detect SSID

would you post an ipconfig /all from the laptop - also xirrus - see below
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-printer-set-up-cannot-detect-ssid.952696/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey wireless 7 any Windows networks detect cannot guys I did a clean install of Windows on my desktop last night upgrading from Vista The install went smoothly and all was working until I tried to install my wireless adapter TrendNET TEW- UB and discovered that although the driver installed it could not detect any wireless networks My first thought was that the adapter just wasn't compatible with so I went out Windows 7 cannot detect any wireless networks and bought a DLink DWA- only to discover I'm having the same problem So I googled this problem and discovered that a great number of people are also having trouble with Windows After browsing through the forums I've been unable to find a general fix for all of this I found something about the WLAN config utility that has I disabled it and tried uninstalling installing the adapter drivers with no luck And then the same thing when re-enabled it again Edit I forgot to mention the network works perfectly without a problem As I type this there are two other computers connected via wireless to it and when the computer had Vista installed it worked without a problem So my question is has this problem been solved yet or am I stuck without an internet connection Thanks for your time

A:Windows 7 cannot detect any wireless networks

Hiya pal and welcome to the forums.

Is there any chance you could let us know what make and model router you have

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/73973-windows-7-cannot-detect-any-wireless-networks.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Wndows 7 ultimate 64 working fine for 2 weeks, network ok with a Dlink dir 628, my wife's macbook air connects ok, now my Dell Inspiron e1705 does not detect any available networks, in network and sharing center did everything even setup a new connection, manualy but does not work, i unistall and reinstal the adapter (dell 1390 WLAN mini-card) that was working fine (and did connect to the wireless network for the last two weeks), any suggestion?

A:unable to detect wireless network w7

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Let's see this as well.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-detect-wireless-network-w7.877956/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys I just bought a D-Link DI- from tigerdirect ca I m now trying to set up a home network but to no avail I ve gotten as far as pluggin the components in correctly but the computer can t seem to connect to the router -- I can t get to the setup wizard through tells me it can t be found I ve called the D-Link tech support but they were unable to help I was told to reinstall detect automatically D-link won't Wireless IP my computer s network card which I did but that didn t fix it Basically it doesn t seem to be able to get the IP address automatically well that is what happens The network icon appears on the bottom on the status bar tries to connect for a bit but then tells me it can t acquire the IP Now I am clueless about networking so don t know what other you ll need From what I can think of Wireless D-link won't automatically detect IP WinXP Dlink network card TX DSL connection using a speedstram modem Also when I do the ipconfig in dos with the router connected I get IP which seemed to be the problem according to tech support mask and the DNS and Wireless D-link won't automatically detect IP Gateway are blank Any ideas of where to go from here Thanks in advance EDIT Okay I tried plugging the router into my other computer There is no jack near is hence why I need the router so just had the WAN connection However it was still saying that is couldn t get an IP Wireless D-link won't automatically detect IP does that mean that the problem IS with the router nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I just upgraded my home network with wireless N.
USB wireless adapter is dlink DWA-130C, driver installed properly and windows 7 32bit detected it correctly as DWA-130C on device manager but it could not find any network in my area.
When I do troubleshoot, windows tell me that driver may not installed properly.
FYI it happened with my older G USB adapter too, when I uninstall the driver to update, it installed normally but then it does not detect any network. I have to do system restore to make it work again.
Any idea?

A:USB wireless adapter does not detect any network

Quote: Originally Posted by denox

I just upgraded my home network with wireless N.
USB wireless adapter is dlink DWA-130C, driver installed properly and windows 7 32bit detected it correctly as DWA-130C on device manager but it could not find any network in my area.
When I do troubleshoot, windows tell me that driver may not installed properly.
FYI it happened with my older G USB adapter too, when I uninstall the driver to update, it installed normally but then it does not detect any network. I have to do system restore to make it work again.
Any idea?

Hi denox and welcome

You might want to un-install and re-install in safe mode (F8). You still 32bit?
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/45616-usb-wireless-adapter-does-not-detect-any-network.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys this is my first post I just joined the club Thanks in advance for all the help you can provide I ve been having pbs with my wireless recently It worked fine at home until I went to visit some friends in England and couldn t detect their own network in their house I had please networks Wireless help won't detect Windows - any used it in the past so Windows should ve detected it automatically I opened the DELL Wireless Utility which I didn t even know existed and it could detect their network as well as their neighbours I tried to disable Windows and let DELL configure my wireless tried to add connect to network etc but nada I re-enabled the Windows utility and now that I m back home it s doing the same It won t detect any networks DELL utility still does by the way What I did - I restarted Windows won't detect any Wireless networks - please help Wireless Zero configuration No change - I disabled Windows Firewall I thought it might help No change either - I tried to update the driver apparently it s working fine - I did the simplest most stupid thing switched the Wireless button off and on and off and on again It s working but still no network - I tried to set up a new wireless network with the wizard but since my Wireless is work - ESET Smart Security says I ve no viruses - Malwarebytes says I ve no malwares Everything looks OK but I m still not getting connected with wireless and have to use a cable plugged directly into the internet box PS I downloaded ESET Smart Security AFTER the windows wireless started to act funny at my friends place So I guess it can t be what s causing any pbs can it HELP PLEASE Cheers sando nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

hi everyone...hope i can get some help here
i'm connected to a wireless network in my college that requires certain proxies.
is it possible to find these proxies ourselves?[without asking people :grin:]
hope u get what i mean. sorry for my bad english.
C:\Documents and Settings\****>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : aioxen
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : ucsihq.edu

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1D-72-47-1D-22

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : ucsihq.edu
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 802.11a/b/g WLAN
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1A-73-F3-AD-F5
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 172.18.100.225
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 172.18.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 172.18.1.1
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, February 09, 2009 9:53:25 AM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, February 14, 2009 9:53:25
AM

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys!

Today I bought a Belkin Wireless G Router to share my cable connection with my sister's laptop. I setup the router perfectly and she can detect and use the wireless connection!

My problem is that I want to use the wireless connection on my laptop too, and it won't detect it. It is really strange because we have both laptops side by side and we can detect our neighbours connections, but my laptop refuses to "find" the one I setup.

I've tried disabling WZC and using the software from Intel (my wireless adapter), but it wont work!

Could someone give me a hand!
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 46.44%

Greetings lads I recently bypassed my previous BSOD issue by simply replacing my HDD with a SSD and doing a fresh install of Windows bit Pro Where the computer is currently located I need to run wireless internet To do this I have used a NetGear wireless adapter quot WNDA v quot It's a nice adapter and it's worked fine for about years including immediately prior to adding my new SSD So I fire not Wireless will detect? Adapter NetGear up my fresh copy of windows and install my critical software Once all of that is sorted I go to install the drivers from the CD At one point it suggests that I insert the USB adapter and click next As NetGear Wireless Adapter will not detect? soon as the adapter is NetGear Wireless Adapter will not detect? inserted Windows NetGear Wireless Adapter will not detect? begins searching for a driver which fails On the same instant that I click next the proprietary software for the device says quot detecting quot This stays this way infinitely it seems and never detects the device If I just yank the adapter out it will say quot failed to detect quot so this leads me to believe it is at least aware that it's there I tried to backdoor it and ran a wired connection through my window down the outside of the house to my router LOL and forced Windows to search for it's own updated driver On most occasions it just says quot failed quot but I was able to get it to find one last night and it downloaded to before it just hung up for a while and then quot failed quot Netgear's website is offering no help despite this seeming to be a common issue Just wondered if maybe any of you lot had a thought or two

A:NetGear Wireless Adapter will not detect?

You are using the Netgear Smart Wizard software? Is your router dual band also?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/259237-netgear-wireless-adapter-will-not-detect.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi.

In a house with 2 pc's and 3 laptops.

All are working fine expcept for one laptop.

It was happily connected to the wireless network one day and then the next it wouldn't detect the wireless network, even though it was sitting next to the router. Tried viewing wireless networks, refreshing network list etc.

It will work fine if it is connected by a wire to the router, and is picking up our neighbours networks. Just not ours!

It works on Windows XP.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Hannah

A:One Laptop Won't detect Wireless network!! Help!!

Have you tried resetting the router by unplugging the power cord for a few seconds an plugging it back in?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-laptop-wont-detect-wireless-network-help.635623/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I ve tried searching and searching for solutions but I can t find any Okay here s my problem My laptop can t detect any wireless network but I m sure the router is working well because my PSP can connect to it Also when I plug in my Wireless USB adapter I can easily get a signal I think last week it was working right I installed my quot wireless USB adapter quot days ago then I checked my wireless adapter poof I can t connect anymore But the USB adapter works well that s what I m using sometimes instead of my built-in wireless card RaLink RT RT a b g Wireless LAN My laptop is Advent You can see the full specs here - http www uktsupport co uk advent laptop htm I uninstalled my wireless card and reinstalled it I even downloaded the lastest driver from Ralink - Router s SSID is broadcasting - Wireless adapter is enabled - I tried to disable AVG s firewall still no good I can connect with my USB adapter even if it is enabled - Installed the lastest driver of my netword card - Network card is turned on I didn t make any changes at all I just installed my USB wireless adapter Btw when I open Ralink Config Utility I can switch to AP mode I don t know what does it do though so I assume my network card is still good Here s my IPCONFIG ALL up to wireless adapter only Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name zhyptyx Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Ralink Wireless LAN Card V Physical Address - D-F - A-D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Here s a screenshot of my Device Manager If there s some info that can't detect Laptop wireless network any I missed please let me know Thank you in advance -Abe nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello guys

When i bought my laptob it was without any operating system to save some money, because i had my own windows 7 32 bit. I installed it and everything worked, except that the laptop could not detect any wireless network adapter. Luckily i had a friend who's brother could help me. Unfortunately i do not know how or what he did, but some how he managed to make it work.

But a few months later i wanted to upgrade my 32 bit to 64, since i could only use ,4 GB ram,So i bought a win 7 ultimate 64 bit and installed it. Now i face the same problem, my laptop can not detect any wireless network adapter,

I hope you guys can help me, because this is really freaking me out. specially because this is my office laptop and without any internet acces i can't participate in office works.

A:can not detect any wireless network adapter

Hi have you gone to hp support and download and install the wireless driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371957-can-not-detect-any-wireless-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am trying to set up wireless internet in my home with a Netgear WGT624v4 router. After shutting everything down and starting up my modem, waiting, and then plugging in the router, the "wireless" led should, after a minute, remain on, instead it just flashes.
I am able to detect the wireless network on my computer, but when I try to connect, it just times out. What should I do?

Relevancy 46.44%

Hey there I just moved into a new apartment and I bought a usb wireless adapter so I could make use of the virgin media broadband I ve only ever used the internet on this computer via my ethernet connection I installed the network adapter with no problem using the CD included in the box and it appears in my device manager detect wireless to my Unable network and is working correctly However when I look look at the available networks I can only find BT Openzone it s a pay as you go service I m using it now to try and fix this and some random BTHomeHub I should be able to see a lot more including my Virgin Media network but I can t It was the best Dongle in the store so I m guessing it s not an issue of proximity I m also certain that the network should be publicly visable I d be grateful if someone could suggest some possible fixes I ll provide any further information you require Some Unable to detect my wireless network things you will need to know OS Windows XP PRO SP ISP Virgin Media USB Wireless adapter Belkin Play dual-band N F D I have used Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and it does not detect any networks other than the two I ve mentioned Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp H Documents and Settings Glenn gt ipconfig Unable to detect my wireless network all Windows IP Configuration Host Name glenn-una nvz Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Local Unable to detect my wireless network Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address F - D- - -B - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Belkin Play Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - - B- F- - B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday June PM Lease Expires Thursday June PM H Documents and Settings Glenn gt Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I have an Acer Aspire D e running Windows Home Premium edition bit I upgraded the memory to GB to handle the Samsung Allshare streaming software I have a TV detect Network Samsung wireless can't Samsung LED TV with the wireless dongle Samsung brand that connects it to my Belkin router Plug and play are enabled on both the router and the TV so connecting the TV to the network was easy I was able to start using Netflix immediately When Network can't detect wireless Samsung TV I go to Add a Device in the control panel my netbook can't detect the TV It never appears on a list of devices that can be added When I go to the Network and Sharing Center and look at my full network map I see an icon for the TV shown below When I mouse over the PC icon I see both an IP address and a MAC address for the device For the TV there is only a MAC address there is no IP address listed It seems like the Windows network did detect the TV to an extent because it's on the network map but not completely because it can't be detected by the add device utility None of my digging around the web has given me any clue why the device can't be detected and added expecially if plug and play worked to allow me to connect to the Internet and watch Netflicks and I can see the device with its Mac address on my network map Does anyone have any ideas about how to force the network to detect and add the TV

A:Network can't detect wireless Samsung TV

Hiya pal, and welcome to the forums
Try setting the IP address manually on the samsung TV
ie.

ip address 192.168.x.x (same range as you network)
subnet 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.x.x (router IP)

dns 192.168.x.x (router IP)

Hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/224148-network-cant-detect-wireless-samsung-tv.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

My HP laptop's wireless does not detect my home wireless network.

The wireless is on, there is internet connectivity and other devices at my house detect the network but not my laptop.

Please suggest what should i do, coz i hve already spent so much of time in finding out the problem.

The driver for the wireless is installed and updated.
The service is running. Checked the Wireless Zero Configuration.

Waiting for any suggestions,

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I recently purchased a used laptop from a local school district and I have been trying to access the wireless internet connection I have at home - but I can t It can connect to Solved: Card Wireless Cannot Detect the Solved: Cannot Detect Wireless Card internet through the ethernet cable It came with quot IBM Access Connections quot a connections managing program that lets me switch between the default quot USD XXX Wireless quot network The school district s default wireless connection quot Out of District quot also came when I bought the computer and quot My House quot the network I created to connect the laptop to the internet at home that I m forced to use an ethernet cable with In the Control Panel an icon quot Wireless LAN Settings quot is available that gives me the message quot Unable to Connect to the Wireless NetCard Is it inserted quot All of these clues of wireless connections that once were lead me to believe that the NetCard that allows for wireless connections was removed before the laptop was given to me Is there somewhere I can check to see if this hardware exists or is configured correctly This computer is an IBM ThinkPad R Windows Intel R PRO VE Network Connection This is I think the adapter that lets me connect to the internet through ethernet When I try to switch to quot USD XXX Wireless quot configuration a message of quot Switching to another adapter Switching to another adapter quot appears before the computer tells me that the quot Connection Failed quot Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys, I have an hp pavilion g6 C6C72EA#ABU and with wireless switched on, it won't detect the hotspot connection from my blackberry q5. other devices around the house can detect that connection just fine. I've disconnected the other devices connected incase the hotspot can only be used with one device at a time but the laptop still didn't detect the connection. help?thanks a lot

A:Wireless wont detect my hotspot

Hi there @thaParadise,  Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome, this is a great site to get answers and ask questions. I understand that you are having an issue getting your HP Pavilion g6-2297sa Notebook PC to detect your hot spot. Have you tried connecting to a hotspot or to someone else's Network wirelessly? If not, please try to and see if the Notebook will connect.  Have you tried to Restore the BIOS? Have you uninstalled the driver in the Device Manager? If not, please do the following: Please try to use the Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet document.  Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system at the time of purchase or that need updating on Windows 10.  Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. Please follow the troubleshooting steps provided above and re-post with the results.  Thanks!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-wont-detect-my-hotspot/td-p/5595609
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all,

This is somewhat embarrassing. I have an Acer Aspire 5044WLMi laptop with built-in 802.11g wireless LAN capability. "Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter" is the name.

However, I keep getting the "No wireless network were found in range. Make sure the wireless switch on your computer is on." error message.

I'm *pretty sure* that the "wireless switch" is the button between the bluetooth and the microphone input jack on the side of my laptop that is closest to me (south side).

It's a really long shot, but can anyone tell me what's going on? Am I missing something really obvious here? I've tried googling but to no avail. I've also tried disabling/re-enabling the connection.. again to no avail.

Any help/ideas is appreciated.

A:Cannot detect wireless network nearby

Try reseting the wireless router also.. Or unplug it and wait 30 mins then plugin again and see if if works. Also restart the laptop too while you're at it..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-detect-wireless-network-nearby.68678/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have recently rebooted my Toshiba Satellite M50 laptop but because I misplaced my recovery cd I downloaded the drivers from Toshiba website. My wireless can detect the router but not connect to it. I tried repairing it and turn off the firewall and it still won't connect. What other ways can I do to troubleshoot and solve this problem? Thanks heaps!

A:laptop can detect wireless but can't connect

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-can-detect-wireless-but-cant-connect.879945/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm having big problems with my PC running vista ultimate detecting any available network I'm having to use my second PC which is XP to connect to the network network cant detect 64 my wireless Vista to write this and having splashed out on a uber machine to play online thats pozzing me off Heres the story so far In my old house I had both my PCs XP-pro and Vista ultimate connecting to my wireless network without problem Moved to a new house and the ISP provider sent me a new WIFI gateway netopia nwg which is the same model as my old one and therefore a new network to Vista 64 cant detect my wireless network set up Set up my Xp PC with the SSID and WPA pass and it Vista 64 cant detect my wireless network connects no problem Yet my vista PC refuses to see any available networks even if I power-up the old router which it used to detect and connect to Meanwhile trusty Xp detects both gateways In device manager my PCI WLAN adapter is showing as working 'it is a buffalo g using the broadcom chip' As I could not Vista 64 cant detect my wireless network get the cards drivers to work with vista as there are no bit drivers available by buffalo it defalted to the windows generic drivers that came with the vista installation disc It worked with these drivers at my previous house for over a year I've trawled the web for more time than I care to sacrifice and there are similar cases of vista not detecting networks but no solutions that have helped me Tried netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset resetlog txt netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ip reset reset log turning off IP and link layer topology discovery changed regedit HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services ndisuio start value to made sure WLAN autoconfig is auto and started and all its dependancys ran sfc scannow in CMD prompt nothing worked and am still trawling for help Im sure all my hardware is good so my thinking is that this is a software issue Dont stop this is where it gets interseting Progress update Got fed up and did a system restore to an early working date On reboot BSOD then a report that a file was corrupt or missing and advice to repair using install disk This failed and I thought sod it I'll do a clean install As vista wont install with gb of ram this ment dismantling a couple of coolers to get at the ram grrr Anyhow vista installed no problem after that And hey-presto my network was available set up my wireless config and connected to the internet With glee I updated all my drivers with the PC rebooting and finding my network each time Updated vista all the way to service pack still have a connection Installed the most exellent game COD and tested it online Exellent it took six hours installing and updating but I can look forward to a Saterdaynight of multiplayer mayhem Switched off PC played with the kids had dinner talked to the wife And then got my self a cuppa tea and switched on my PC You guessed it no wireless network detected by vista FEEL MY PAIN Let the knowledge flow people I'm getting desperate here

A:Vista 64 cant detect my wireless network

You know, Ive been battling with a wireless network connection in Vista x86 and x64 for 2 years now. I am using a Netgear WG111v2 USB adaptor, which I know is a bit older.. But I get constant drops, and 50% of those drops from the network result in the inabillity to find a network connection.

The adaptor only connects to the network when plugged in one specific USB port, the other ones result in finding the network but being unable to connect.

Very frustrating. I could just upgrade my adaptor, I hear USB ones are not that great to use, but if anyone has any information on this as well Id appreciate it..

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/203501-vista-64-cant-detect-my-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I looked through the various threads and i coudnt find a similar problem. so sorry if i sound redundant.. I have a Notebook HP Pavilion zd series and so far my built in broadcom wireless card hasnt given me any problem. Except for my friends internet connection. My Notebook doesnt seem to detect his wireless hub! And whats more their laptop has no problem with it. I have been able to detect all kinds of wireless networks in the city, but just this one is giving me a hard time! What could be the cause? I have firewall disabled. Please explain in simple words as I am a newbee with networking. I also wanted to thank you guys for your work! You are great!

Relevancy 46.44%

i recently got a virus on my computer so Dell sent me a CD to wipe everything out on my computer... well in doing so i guess it wiped out my network too because i cant even go to find/search for a wireless network nonetheless set up mine on my computer... im lost