Windows Support Forum

8mm Home Video playback wrong speed

Q: 8mm Home Video playback wrong speed

I have a SONY Handycam that uses MP120 8mm Video Cassettes. I used this Handycam to tape home videos. When I use the playback feature on the Handycam it seems as if it is playing back in a slower speed. When I connect the Handycam to my computer and play back, it does the same thing. It is as if the camera was recording at a wrong speed. Is there any way I can control the speed of the video camera via computer, so that I can get the home videos transferred to DVD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8mm-home-video-playback-wrong-speed.199460/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: 8mm Home Video playback wrong speed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 73.1%

I ve encountered a very strange problem when playing video files on both my laptop and desktop The video appears to play at normal speed but the position-slider reaches the end of the video before the actual video finishes This results in the video freezing when the slider reaches the end even though there might still be more video left For example a two hour video might stop playing after only a minute or so - when the slider reaches the end Strangely I can click on the middle of the slider and reach the middle of the video But the slider will continue rocketing along at Video Speed Playback an accelerated speed from that position This only occers with some video files but not Video Playback Speed all of them However the ones that are affected have Video Playback Speed the same problem whether the video is being played in WMP Winamp RealPlayer or the Divx Player However PowerDVD appears to be immune to this effect and plays normally Since this problem affects multiple players it must be a video setting on my operating system And since it affects both my PC and laptop it must be something that came with the operating system Windows XP or at least that s what I m thinking Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this nbsp

A:Video Playback Speed

Is it possible there is no one that knows the solution to my problem? If more clarification is needed, please let me know. Thank you kindly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-playback-speed.552793/
Relevancy 72.24%

I let friends use my computer to watch a webcast, they hooked up a seperate monitor. when i got it back any video i watch including dvd is at double speed and there is no sound.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4092 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 293684 MB, Free - 156554 MB; D: Total - 11556 MB, Free - 1875 MB;
Motherboard: Compal, 30F4, 99.75, CND8283K3L
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 69.23%

I have recently purchased a JVC EVERIO GZ-HM200 and have obviuosly been doing some filming.

The video footage is being saved to a Panasonic SDHC card class 4. I have uploaded the footage to my HP Pavillon dv 9700 Notebook (windows vista) with a NVidia Geforce 8400M video card.

The reason for my email is that the playback is extremely jumpy and audio/video is out of sync. I am unable to view any of the footage on the computer and will not be able to edit it or make and home movies.

I have update the driver for the video card as i thought that this may be the issue but it is still extremely jumpy and not playing back properly.

I have no more ideas and require some assistance.

A:Playback of Home Video

How's the video/audio quality when you play the vids back on the camera. If they are only jumpy/out of sync on your computer, then it could be an issue of not having the right codecs, or too many codecs installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/playback-of-home-video.853562/
Relevancy 61.06%

On home networks many people like to stream music and video At my house we have kids who like the music video and do not want the video stream to become balky freeze or dissolve the screen into pixels So here is the complete Speed on Required Stream Video to Home Network scenario for deploying a Windows Pro peer Speed Required to Stream Video on Home Network network-- all to become in effect a Windows-based music machine The home network is based on a single Windows PC hosting a shared internet connection for other Speed Required to Stream Video on Home Network machines The Windows machine host connects to the household router and internet upstream and connects downstream to a switch creating a subnet to which are connected two or more Windows peer machines All this sounds only slightly elaborate but to be frank we have security concerns-- teens let's say who need to have their internet connections monitored by some quot Net Nanny quot type of program to help them stay out of trouble That is why the kids will be on a subnet attached to the Windows shared connection host machine Now the issue and question-- with streaming music the video quality must be acceptable and that means more powerful hardware On the Windows internet shared connection host machine is it better to have a faster CPU with only gb to enable streaming music and video for two separate PCs downstream or to have more RAM gb and a slower CPU The household budget alone currently determines the power we can provide the streaming host machine and we are looking at Dell refurbished corporate desktops born about running DDR RAM and Pentium Dual Core CPUs for better or worse I realize other parameters apply but I do not have them at the moment Many Bleeping Computer forum readers also may have kids on the household connection They may need to use this shared connection host approach in order to run a packet scanner and to monitor content effectively on a single gateway machine but without slowing down the traffic so much the natives become restless

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/speed-required-to-stream-video-on-home-network-990601.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I built a PC in August and it runs very fast and plays games, videos and audio without issue. However, I have been getting occasional BSODs during youtube playback or when playing a video from my hard drive, even if i played the same video moments earlier without issue. I have updated all drivers windows updates, memtest to check ram but nothing seems to explain my PCs sudden desire to BSOD me.

I would be very very grateful if someone would have a look at some min-dumps for me and see if they can identify the issue as i have reached the limit of my computer diagnostic knowledge.

A:Intermitent BSOD during internet video playback or avi playback (Win7 Pro 64)

How many Passes did you allow for Memtest? I read your five most recent dumps and the were all of the same error as described below...

Your error is 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and is described as "A fatal hardware error has occurred."

This error code and definition has replaced the older XP code 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and though it is older the definition still is applicable: This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump with either error codes give a definitive answer. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any. Your dumps simply cited hardware as the issue and nothing more definitive.

Here are some of the causes that were determined to be the source of 0x124/0x9C errors from posters here and abroad: NIC, DVD/CD drives, dust build up around the CPU that caused overheating of said CPU, bulging capacitors hidden by heatsink, corrupted memory, video card, psu, motherboard, and external harddrive connected by USB.

* Anything overclocked? If so set your hardware to factory specs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intermitent-bsod-during-internet-video-playback-or-avi-playback-win7-pro-64.172412/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello. I have some audio issues that are causing distortion whenever I watch videos on youtube or watch streams on twitch. I updated my flash and that didn't change anything. These issues just started within the last 3 days. I tried a system restore from two weeks ago and that didn't work. I double checked my sound drivers and they are up to date. This happens in both Firefox and Google Chrome. I started Firefox in safe mode with all addons disabled and it still happened. The distortion didn't really capture very well on the video even though I can hear it. You can hear it better in the beginning. And this happens on videos that are buffered, even if I wait 5 minutes, this still occurs. I can try a different video once I get back from school(have to leave right now) if you want to hear the distortion better.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-playback-distorts-during-video-playback-on-browsers.1171398/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi

I convert video files to AVI and store on a ext HDD to playback through a USB connection on a home theatre system. After about an hour or so the video will freeze for a second or so then continue, this will continue a few times until the movie finishes.
I have also put a movie on a USB stick and the same thing happens so the only thing common to both is the home theatre.
Could it be that the information that is being supplied is too much or too fast for the theatre system and it can't keep up so it freezes?

Hope someone can help

Thanks

A:video playback freezes on usb playback

If it were that the hardware "couldn't keep up", I would expect it to happen more often...like every so many seconds or minutes. It is generally more noticeable and occurs soon after starting playback and is fairly consistent during the entire playback.

You could experiment with file types or encoding options to see if you can isolate the problem. AutoGK has a "standalone player" option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-playback-freezes-on-usb-playback.1007608/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have tried every thing I know, help me please.

Whenever I playback audio files they are not played in realtime. Instead, they are played faster than normal. This happens when I download and when I play samples from my media player(windows version 9). My OS is 2000 professional.

A:playback speed

Maybe it's a buggy audio driver that plays at 48 kHz instead of 44.1.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/playback-speed.2592/
Relevancy 54.61%

I doubled my RAM to 753 meg and the playback of cd's and streaming video now sounds like the singing chipmunks. I'm using a Dell Optiplex 249 with Win 2K pro. There is no adjustment in my Windows Media Player 9.

A:playback speed too fast

You could possibly try upgrading to Windows Media Player 11. That might help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/playback-speed-too-fast.553366/
Relevancy 54.61%

dvd, cd, internet audio playback adjustment options? where to look and make the changes? every playback souunds like they sucked helium

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/playback-audio-speed.838698/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

I run windows XP proffesional and any playback from my hard drive is speeded up. this applies to quicktime, windows media player, winamp, real and premier files. (Probably any movie or sound file)

I was wondering wheather anyone knows how to resolve this problem?

Cheers, Mike

A:Playback speed of avi, mpg, quicktime etc

Hi and welcome.

Is it the sound that 'sounds' too fast? If so, do you have the most current drivers for your sound card installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/playback-speed-of-avi-mpg-quicktime-etc.123049/
Relevancy 54.18%

A couple of weeks ago I left a post here because Windows Media Player was playing the videos stored on my computer with a strange high contrast effect, with the coours being wrong sometimes, and with the colours appearing very saturated and pale at times too.
This was solved by turning off the overlays in the WMP settings.

Now, when I play DVDs I have the same problems (both in WMP and with PowerDVD). In the WMP settings, I've turned off the overlays and done everything in there I can think of, but it still looks the same. DVDs are now virtually unwatchable.. Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance (again)

Relevancy 54.18%

In Media Player (sound and video) and Windows sounds, the music plays the correct speed but wrong pitch - mine is lower - I know of someone who's sound is speeded up

Any Ideas

Thanks

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there,
can anyone advise me on how to fix my audio playback problems. Anything I try to view or play sounds like the smurfs.
Any help would be appretiated
Cheers ju

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-playback-speed-is-too-fast.677335/
Relevancy 53.75%

Firefox does not allow changing playback speed on YouTube videos but Google Chrome and some other chrome-based browsers does allow.  Does someone know a way to deal with this?  Vista and win7, up-to-date browsers on both computers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572284/speed-of-playback-changes-on-youtube-videos/
Relevancy 53.75%

When I listen to music files on my brand-new PC the speed of playback varies. If you're old enough to remember what a record player is, it's just as if someone put their hand on the turntable to slow it down. The sluggishness lasts for just a few seconds. The files are okay -- they played fine on my old computer. To be sure about that, however, I burned one of the problem songs onto a CD, which I then played back on a CD player; there was no problem at all, so it's clear to me that something is awry inside the black box. Any suggestions would be appreciated, so that when I go back to the vendor I'll sound clever!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-playback-speed-varies.751270/
Relevancy 53.75%

so i had this video file in quot wsm quot format i tried playing it with playback audio extreme speed VLC player and the minute file was played back at x normal speed the audio was horrible enough i audio extreme speed playback thought my ears popped it s like when you fast forward a cassette while it s being played the sounds that came out of my speakers were a whole bunch of gibberish and screeching noises and in just seconds the min audio extreme speed playback file was played from start to finish i couldn t help but noticed afterwards my brand new speakers seems to make alot of popping noises afterwards it occur whenever i switch from say mp one to two however the popping noise does not occur during playback just before the audio is play and when it ends i thought audio extreme speed playback the speakers didn t sound as good as it did but maybe it s just me so now i m wondering did all those horrible noises from the bad playback earlier destroyed my speakers just like that my friend told me he once had his speakers ruined after playing back a poor quality wav file i didn t believed him then so was he telling the truth can messed up audio ruin the speakers many thanks for the help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-extreme-speed-playback.700346/
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently installed Windows Service Pack actually three times after reinstating my computer software to the original state by erasing card video or software? problem playback Video and streaming. and reinstalling the full software install video playback and streaming. Video card problem or software? CD on my computer s hard drive for Window XP Home I have no problems playing games with my new FX Ultra video card by BFG but I am at random times getting the annoying green screen that blanks out my videos I am streaming or playing happens when I am streaming more often Then after that happens usually the computer video playback and streaming. Video card problem or software? reboots or shuts off I never had this happen before My computer s memory tests ok so why can I play games with this never happening but when I am streaming or watching video through Windows Media Player etc do I get the quot green screen blankout quot and then often the shutdown of my computer I have MB of system memory and MB of video memory I use System Mechanic and it shows I have at least half of my memory even during playback so what is the problem here I can attach my system computer file of my information if you like in an e-mail if it will help AND YES I HAVE THE DIVX CODECS I thought about that to and uninstalled and reinstalled them with the same random problems PLEASE HELP ME This is really annoying nbsp

A:video playback and streaming. Video card problem or software?

Well, it seems u dont have a hardware problem. this problem occurs only when u r watching videos. so i guess its the media player. take my suggestion, stop using it. Download this pack: KLite Codec Pack. I think the latest version is 3.2. Its got all the codecs u need to play compressed videos, and dvds. Its also got an advanced media player which can play any video u open it with like wmv, dat, mpg, rm, mov, avi, divx..... of course, the codecs for these formats r included in the pack.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-playback-and-streaming-video-card-problem-or-software.305886/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all I am looking for some assistance as to what is causing my computer to crash It doesn't happen insanely often but the way it crashes makes me think there's a hardware issue going on I am mostly thinking it's either my CPU or one of my two graphics cards installed but I'd be more inclined towards the GPU being faulty The reason being is that the crashes happen mostly when I'm doing HD video playback or editing video or visual effects The software I use mostly is The Foundry's Nuke and Autodesk's Maya I also experience video lag spikes during this such as poor UI navigation within these software However I have HD 3D Video Playback, & and BSOD VFX Crashes diting, - Video Random tried stress testing my CPU and graphics cards for hours without any crashes and even performing fresh installs on the OS Win so I'm not entirely sure which piece of hardware is causing me these crashes and spikes Any and all help will be greatly appreciated Attached is the zip file Random BSOD and Crashes - VFX & Video diting, HD Video Playback, 3D including the dmp and driver information files as outlined in the forum If you need any other information about my system please let me know Once again thank you for all your Random BSOD and Crashes - VFX & Video diting, HD Video Playback, 3D help Hope to hear from you all soon

A:Random BSOD and Crashes - VFX & Video diting, HD Video Playback, 3D

Two of the three dumps blame your nVidia driver (the other dump is inconclusive), the first think to try would be going to NVidia's site and getting some different drivers and take it from there.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa801d52e4e0, fffff8800f937340, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+921340 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

11: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa801d52e4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800f937340, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+921340
fffff880`0f937340 48ff25f9bfecff jmp qword ptr [nvlddmkm+0x7ed340 (fffff880`0f803340)]

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17298 (debuggers(dbg).141024-1500) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02935b88 fffff880`0fd53134 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`1d52e4e0 fffff880`0f937340 ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`02935b90 fffff880`0fd26867 : fffff880`0f937340 fffffa80`1523b000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`02935bd0 fffff880`0fd52f43 : 00000000`ffffd846 ffffffff`fffe7960 fffffa80`1d52e4e0 fffff880`02d6335a : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`02935c80 fffff880`02d6203d : fffffa80`1883f2d0 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`15090010 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`02935d00 fffff800`0375c0ca : 00000000`02a89052 fffffa80`14c4ab50 fffffa80`12d839e0 fffffa80`14c4ab50 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`02935d40 fffff800`034b0be6 : fffff880`03331180 fffffa80`14c4ab50 fffff880`0333c1c0 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`02935d80 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+921340
fffff880`0f937340 48ff25f9bfecff jmp qword ptr [nvlddmkm+0x7ed340 (fffff880`0f803340)]

SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+921340

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm

IMAGE_NAME: nvlddmkm.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 5457e833

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:x64_0x116_image_nvlddmkm.sys

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {1f9e0448-3238-5868-3678-c8e526bb1edc}

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359708-random-bsod-crashes-vfx-video-diting-hd-video-playback-3d.html
Relevancy 53.75%

When I have the Handycam hooked up, I can see the video on the TV when Sony is in 'camera' mode, but in VTR mode, I cannot see the picture on TV. There is a steady beeping noise from the TV and just static splashes on screen. My equipment is the Sony Handycam Video 8 CCD V9/V90 with a Memorex DVD Player Hi-Fi Video Cassette Recorder MVD4541 through an old TV that is run to the DVD with an RF Modulator. The current setup Camera audio/video out to front of DVD (mono); camera audio/video in hooked to back of dvd with a split out to coaxial to wall. RF modulator is hooked to cable out on TV and RF Audio/Video In to DVD Audio/Video Out (Stereo on both).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-video-playback-on-dvd-player-video-recorder-from-sony-video8.386148/
Relevancy 53.32%

OK, I have to use Windows Media Player for one of my college classes...I'm not terribly familiar with the program since I haven't used it since I found Winamp (which in my opinion is MUCH better). Anyway, for some reason, it won't allow me to speed up the playback anymore, even though it did let me just yesterday for the same video. What the heck happened? I want it to playback at 1.5 speed, and it just refuses to budge off of 1.0. How do I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 53.32%

My computer only plays our YouTube videos in 240 speed-quality...but very time I open a new video the settings jump up to a higher level and the lips don't match up.

Is there a way to set the speed permanently?

Thanks.

A:Solved: Cannot Set Playback Speed/Quality on YouTube

not really
it all depends on what speed the video uploader set as his default
BUT if you have a youtube or google account and they are linked, then log into your yourtube account & select settings. then playback
there are 2 options there that might help.

Always choose the best quality for my connection and player size is default setting or you can chose I have a slow connection. Never play higher-quality video

but for the settings to work, you MUST have a youtube account and be logged into it EVERYTIME you want to,watch a youtube video

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-set-playback-speed-quality-on-youtube.1055982/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a question for the gurus here.

I notice with video playback that it gets a little choppy, like a line that forms across the middle of the screen and breaks up the video. It seems to only happen in 'higher intensity' video playback, but I don't know that for sure. I'm fairly certain that I have the most updated drivers from ATI, but will check for sure when I get home. What else could this be? Do I just need more power? The gfx card is a few years old now. Originally I thought it was my monitor, but I have since replaced it and the problem persists.

A:GFX Issue with glitch when video playback during video gaming

Have you gave your case a good cleaning lately, sounds more like a temp effect than power.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/286193-gfx-issue-glitch-when-video-playback-during-video-gaming.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I listen to audio recordings of conference calls and edit transcriptions of them. When I had Windows XP and and an earlier version of Windows Media Player, I was able to use either a menu command or a keyboard command to increase or slow the speed of playback, and the player responded instantly to these commands. Now I have Vista and its new Windows Media Player 11, and there is a delay of 5-10 seconds between when I use the command and when the recording actually slows down or speeds up. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Alternatively, can anyone suggest another media player that would work better? I've tried Real Player and VLan, neither of which appears to have this control at all, and Goldwave, which has the controls I need in two different windows and doesn't work particularly well.

A:Adjust playback speed in Windows Media Player

The GOM player (http://www.gomplayer.com/download.html) has audio speed controls. I don't know how well it compensates the pitch though.

Is the response time the same for WMP if you use the menu; Play>Play Speed>speed up/slow down method as well?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adjust-playback-speed-in-windows-media-player.703236/
Relevancy 52.46%

Gday First of all thanks for providing a forum like this Secondly sorry for anything I don t describe in this post that you d like to know- just ask me and I ll provide any details I ve included a Direct X Diagnostic txt though which I hope will be useful So in brief here s the problem- Video playback simply doesn t work as it should More often than not it won t work at all Though sometimes it playing back uh, Video not, Playback video will Sorry Video Playback not, uh, playing back video for the vagueness but I ll try to give a better summary here I have Windows Media Player installed but I ve had the same problem on all other versions I ve used- I think they may date back as far as version or On Windows Media Player as well as winamp Video files saved on my computer generally do NOT play I m not entirely sure which formats will play on Windows Media Player and likewise for WinAmp but I m fairly sure that the formats that play on both system correlate I wish I could describe this better but video files embedded on websites which are opened with Windows Media Player will SOMETIMES stream perfectly SOMETIMES give audio but no visual whatsoever and do nothing at all DVDs however will play just as they are intended On WINDVD recently uninstalled Almost all file formats of videos would play However it was uninstalled because it was the crappy demo version that came with the computer in which you couldn t use ANY functions beyond pause and play I might download a bit later if I can t get any help getting other programs to run video as they are intended to On Quicktime and Realplayer Video would occasionally work I know that mpeg is one format that would always work on this players and video embedded on websites which are played by Quicktime almost always play One again I m sorry for general vagueness- I m sort of just hoping that the symptoms will sound familiar to anybody- but if anybody can give me an easy method of determining which formats work for which players I ll definately do so and post the results here On Ulead Video Studio Video editing software Video formats recognised by the player will always work regardless of whether they work on players Videos burned to DVDs or VCDs will play perfectly on DVD players Now I m not entirely sure about this but I believe that the problems began around the same time I installed Ulead And now for some speculation of my own- Is it possible that any of this could have anything to do with my graphics card I ve run the Direct X Diagnosis tool and checked the full graphic rendering section and the results are fine however there are a few possibly irrelevant factors which MAY have some bearing on this problem The Sims I experiance some odd flickering on neighbourhood screens I checked out the EA help files and this can apparantly be caused by outdated video card drivers and similar sorts of graphics card related problems What s more I think though I m not sure seeing as this all began well over a year ago that this began happening at around the same time I started experiancing video playback problems Photoshop For some reason entirely unknown to me Photoshop views certain colours rather differently to ANY other programs on my computer including Paint Windows picture fax viewer Internet Explorer and Firefox Actually I m fairly sure it s entirely unrelated but it s still a rather interesting oddity dontchathink And a final piece of trivia that may prove helpful- utube videos will always ALWAYS play perfectly on my system So Any advice on how to go about trying to fix any of this It d be more appreciated than you could ever imagine Eternally in your debt A Befuddled Llama nbsp

A:Video Playback not, uh, playing back video

Try this player and see what happens.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-playback-not-uh-playing-back-video.476315/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello All,
I just installed The Windows 8 Release Preview using a bootable USB dual boot. I'm not able to play any format of my videos on my windows 8 rp... When I open a video in video app or the windows media player it doesn't show the video and closes or hangs after 10 seconds of playback (No video shown in those 10 seconds also just audio)

When I open sites like youtube, the video is not shown and only the audio comes..!
Please help.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/6700-video-app-crashes-after-10-seconds-video-playback.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have an ancient system I use as a media computer Its an FX- box I put together around DVDs play fine Netflix streams fine although Chrome itself runs a bit slow But if I play a video file AVI MP so on it skips frames and although friends say it is fine it annoys the hell out of me My motherboard is http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E two one-gig sticks of my RAM are http www newegg com not video a but from Poor file DVD playback video Product Product aspx Item N E And two one-gig sticks of my Poor video playback from a video file but not DVD RAM are http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E My video card is http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E I am running windows pro Windows tells me Gigs of RAM are installed but only are usable I don't care much about the RAM I just want video files to play smoothly If getting all gigs of RAM to be 'usable' then so be it

A:Poor video playback from a video file but not DVD

What are you using to play the file?

Maybe if you tried something like VLC Player the problem would go away.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536697/poor-video-playback-from-a-video-file-but-not-dvd/
Relevancy 52.46%

I've been having some severe video problems lately. I have reinstalled a fresh version of DirectX, though dxdiag still reports that I am missing a file d3dim700.dll.

Videos will load as usually, and play normally for a few seconds, until the video starts lagging behind, and the audio continues as normal. This happens with all media players. I have also tried tweaking the acceleration, to no effect.

I am running Windows XP Home, 2.8ghz celeron, 1g RAM, Intel xtreme graphics 2.

A:Video playback trouble - Video slows down

Hi Prospect151

Try downloading & installing a fresh version of the Intel graphics drivers as well. Here's a link to the 9/28/2005 version 14.17 driver for the Extreme Graphics 2 of the the 865G integrated graphics for Windows XP --- http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...lName=Windows* XP Home Edition&lang=eng --- another alternative would be to try Windows Update.

Should you have any other system files missing, scan for malware - to make sure that unwanted visitors aren't altering system files. You can also try a run of Windows File Protection (aka System File Checker) - from the Start/Run box, type

sfc /scannow

... the program might prompt for either your Windows installation CD, or the spot on your hard drive where your .cab files are. It will only do so if it finds a file-version problem, or a file missing. The program will leave entries in the Event Viewer for when it starts, when it stops, and what files it replaced (if any). The Event Viewer is in the Administrative Tools in your Control Panel.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

[P.S. . . . and Welcome to the Tech Support Forums! . . . ]

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/video-playback-trouble-video-slows-down-125490.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all,
I want to connect my VCR to the computer to transfer old home movies to DVD.
The Analog to DV device requires a 1 GHz processor. Mine is 498 MHz.

Regarding the speed, will the device work only slowly or not at all?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Video capture device speed vs. processor speed

It is not a matter of slow or not at all. It is most likely a matter of dropped frames. If you have a cheaper video capture card [one without hardware decoding] it will probably work however you will not like the result.

Video editing / encoding is cpu intensive. I would hate to think how long it would take to encode the video file after you capture it [with that cpu]

To give you some idea, it takes me about 15 min to encode approx 1hr of video with an intel dual core cpu. With yours it will be hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-capture-device-speed-vs-processor-speed.603223/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello all, Im having a bit of troble with video playback, any video i watch either short cartoon or full movies are freezing and unfreezing like a studder, throughout the video. These are short pauses, but still annoying.
It doesnt seem to matter with program I use to view, nero showtime, media player old and new, vlc, etc. they all do the same thing so i am assuming its the comp. Maybe drivers, althougth there up to date. these videos are all on my hard discs, and some on my main and some on storage hard drives. Any ideas?

A:Video playback is pausing throughout video

by the way the specs shown are for my wives comp, I having problems with my second machine, but not sure how to switch the specs, sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-playback-is-pausing-throughout-video.100838/
Relevancy 49.88%

System Asus AGP Wrong speed? P S X mobo latest BIOS Wrong AGP speed? Pentium B Radeon Pro MB Cat GB Corsair two DDR sticks Windows XP Pro SP Here s the issue - games seem to not produce the expected FPS it used to Example an old game like Counter Wrong AGP speed? Strike - where I used to get constant FPS in any situation now I have massive framerate loss whenever there are people on the screen The drops fluctuate quickly - - - - - - - - etc VERY quickly This is NOT Source I m talking about CS I did a clean install of Windows XP Pro with SP slipstreamed First thing I did was installing the latest Catalyst driver Problem - SmartGart would not turn AGP on It would stay at the off position after setting it to x x the only positions available and rebooting immediately when prompted Issue seemed to have been solved after installing the P S X AGP drivers AGP speed is currently set at x However the fluctuate frame rates did not go away This resembled the issue I had when my laptop wasn t speed stepping correctly Mhz when it should be MHz Problem - Thinking the CPU was underclocked I downloaded CPU-z and checked the clock speed The CPU looked fine MHz However checking the Mainboard tab revealed the AGP quot Transfer Rate quot was at x and the quot Max Supported quot was x This puzzled me as I know the Asus P S X is an AGP x board I plan on sticking the Radeon into another machine that I have verified with CPU-z has max AGP transfer rate of x Is CPU-z known to wrongly report AGP speeds Remember I said x x were the only position available could the max speed of x mean x x and x x Did I miss anything in my troubleshooting Thanks all nbsp

A:Wrong AGP speed?

Some things you might try.
1 Do you have fast writes enabled in the bios? If so, try disabling them. If they are disabled, try enabling them.

2 Chipset drivers should be installed before the video driver. I would uninstall your video driver with the ati uninstall app. Now reinstall your chipset driver and then install the CAT driver and control panel. Are you using the new cat control center by chance? If so, that is somewhat buggy. I like the driver with the older version of control panel; it is still available from ati.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wrong-agp-speed.310798/
Relevancy 49.88%

I just upgraded my PC today to an Athlon 2600, 2 x 512MB DDR RAM, and a Gigabyte GA-7S748 motherboard. I had to reinstall WinXP and when I look in the System Properties window I get the following uder the General tab.

Computer:
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+
1.92GHz
1.00 GB of RAM

Does the "1.92GHz" mean my processor is running slow?

Relevancy 49.88%

Ran a wrong up, I my think something I speed HElp pc have me hijack this log I think I have spyware or other malware clogging me up Please help by telling me what I can delete Thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files AVG HElp me speed my pc up, I think I have something wrong AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Documents and Settings Nick and Ashley Desktop Protection damn Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exe C Program HElp me speed my pc up, I think I have something wrong Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support SyncServer exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings Nick and Ashley Desktop Protection HijackThis Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU RunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate C WINDOWS system Macromed Flash FlashUtil q Plugin exe -update plugin O - Startup OneNote Screen Clipper and Launcher lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE O - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Pro... Read more

A:HElp me speed my pc up, I think I have something wrong

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/433555 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433555/help-me-speed-my-pc-up-i-think-i-have-something-wrong/
Relevancy 49.88%

hello everyone i wondered if anyone maybe able to help with my problem i ll give you as much info as possible i have had to go back and use an old computer now as my primary and have reinstalled and and such to get to how i want it the problem i have found is that th CPU since i started to use this is only running at ghz i know it has been a while since i built and used this computer but im know that the CPU is over wrong speed CPU a ghz im not the best when it comes to bios setting to change that sort of thing but in the past i have managed by pure blundering to change these things sometimes having to reset board jumpers the CPU is a amd athlon xp dont remeber what one but i CPU speed wrong know it is for sure over gig the mobo is a msi K N Delta series nvidia nforce chipset based fsb gig of ddr ram Basicaly i ned to CPU speed wrong get the speed back to where is should be for that board and CPU so that i can do the things id like to do with it any help will be apprecaited if we can get this sorted then i ll look at and ECS board and bios problem nbsp

A:CPU speed wrong

It would seem the FSB has been reset to 100MHz & simply need to be set back to 166MHz. In order to do so, it's better to look for the manual that came with your motherboard or if you've lost it, download it in PDF format off the manufacturer's website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-speed-wrong.50307/
Relevancy 49.45%

hi-my dad has been trying to play video on a website using windows media player 12.every time he clicks on a video link he gets the following error message-the specified module cannot be found.i think it could be to a corrupt registry file.i have tried system restore,but it didnt solve the problem.any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:no video playback

Hi -

What file cannot be found?

Try these 3 places for additional information -

1. WERCON -
START | type view | "View all Problem Reports" | 2x-click on WMP line item for additional info

2. Reliability Monitor -
START | type perfmon /rel

3. Event Viewer -
START | type eventvwr.msc | Custom Views | Administrative Events

You can also try alternate Media Player - VLC -- http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-video-playback-528564.html
Relevancy 49.45%

i hope that sums it up i got a new DVD today and as i'm a paranoid kinda person i tried to rip it to my PC after Video playback.. ***'age. i watched it for back up Well when i try to play the ripped video AVI file back the video plays double time but the audio stays regular speed it begins fine but then everything goes ballistic it's really annoying because i Video playback.. ***'age. spent like minutes doing it once to find it buggered and then again to make sure it didn't just rip incorrectly policies on ripping aside I assure you theres no Video playback.. ***'age. illegal intention or bypassing of copyrights or any of that junk i just want to know whats wrong with this stupid thing i put it in windows movie maker to see if i could isolate segments to see if it was just the size that made my computer choke well when editing the videos there i watched the playback of the overall thing fine the video played the right speed there but in Winamp and Windows media player its retarded though when i got around to publishing the small fragment i isolated in movie maker i tried to test it in WMP and Winamp and the screen was completely green i could only hear the sound so i just dont know sup widdat i'm also kinda worried about the original disc now theres a small pin prick looking burn smudge on it only visible under good light but it doesn't wipe off as far as i know its done no damage i wont care in a weeks time but considering i got it today its made me a bit anxious i ripped it with WinX free DVD ripper and i didn't play with any settings because i know better than to do that and because i have no idea what the figures are i'm looking at i'm fine with computers until it comes down to codes and numbers then it's someone elses gig anyway if anyone can shed light on this you're more than welcome thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/video-playback-age-575860.html
Relevancy 49.45%

The other night I downloaded a new version of itunes because it recommended so, and it also installed quicktime as I guess I had deleted it since the last update (I hate quicktime). Anyways, ever since then my video play back is VERY dark to the point where you almost can't see anything. Quicktime plays the files without a hitch, but WMP + VLC are darkened. I deleted quicktime, which didn't fix anything. I then proceeded to update my BIOS as I figured what can it hurt. Didn't help. I also deleted and reinstalled my codec pack for WMP, which again didn't help.

What could this possibly be? Thanks in advance!

A:Bad video playback

Try this..

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...Codec_Pack.htm

Edit...

start>control panel>system>hardware>device manager

see if there are any yellow exclamation marks

...and be very careful with Bios-you can do your pc great damage if not done correctly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bad-video-playback-150297.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Yesterday, all of video play systems, including Pol Pot, mp4 and Windows Media Player all stopped working. I've rebooted several times, but they still don't work. The only error message I've gotten is in on mp4 and it's says it doesn't recognize the file in question, even though it did before. Any ideas?

Relevancy 49.45%

Hey i have tried to playback some video i have but no matter which media player i use the result is the same there is very little colour. everything else on my pc is displayed fine just when i go to play video. nahelp is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-playback.268148/
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm currently using Windows XP Pro and whenever i try to play any sort of video file with any media player (wmp, winamp, real player, divx...etc) all i get is a black screen and the media player locks up. I tried installing windows media players 9-11 and none of them worked, updated codecs, tried codec packs and nothing seems to work. I also tried updating windows / video drivers and still no luck. After awhile i gave up and completely reformatted my computer and reinstalled windows but it's still doing the same thing. Anyone got any ideas?

Relevancy 49.45%

I wasnt sure if i should post here or in the A/V section, but since it works fine in my xp install, i figured here is the right place. Here is the issue:

I am running win7 ultimate (32bit) on an AMD athlon 64 Processor 3500 2.21 ghz
3 gb RAM
Evga egeforce 8600 gt video card

My issue is that while playing back HD video on the windows 7 install (dual boot with XP pro), it is choppy and pixelated, while it works fine on the xp install. All resolutions are properly set, and drivers are seemingly up to date.

If it makes a difference, i am not streaming the media, using my HDTV as an extended monitor. I have tried numerous different players all to same issue.

Any help will be appreciated, as this is basically the only reason i keep the xp install going. Thanks

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello, I'm having trouble when playing any video in any program. I cant figure out the problem, i have the correct drivers according to device manager and i have gotten all automatic updates including direct x and Microsoft service pack 3. I'm currently using a Dell Dimension 2400. Does anyone have any suggestions??? Ill take any at this point.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/video-playback-lag-305549.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently upgraded WMP on my laptop from version 10 to 11. When I play video (doesn't matter the source...DVD, saved clips, on-line video), the video is "zoomed in" in the playback window. It appears as if WMP 11 is playing back in full-screen mode, but not "downsizing" the video image when not actually in full-screen mode. For example, when I play an episode of LOST on-line, the video is zoomed in on an actor's nose, regardless of the size of the playback window. Good quality, but not the intended result.

I can resolve this by rolling back to WMP 10 or sooner, but I'd like to keep using WMP 11. The laptop is a Sony VGN-S580P running XP Pro SP-2. Please help!

A:WMP 11 Video Playback

Very frustrating. I rolled back to WMP 10, and the problem persists. Same with WMP 9. I don't think its a WMP-related problem anymore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-11-video-playback.577594/
Relevancy 49.45%

Windows Media Player and QuickTime aren't displaying any video, only sound. Any reason why? It's only black.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-playback.488609/
Relevancy 49.45%

For some reason on my laptop, whenever I try to view any AVI files I get a double ghosted image no matter what program I use (VLC, WMP, Winamp, REALplyr)

Other computers can play the files fine, but my laptop doesn't display them correctly.

Occasionally I can fix the problem by selecting 'Discard' from the de-interlacing menu in VLC player, but the resolution of the video is compromised.

Here is a screenshot of what I am talking about:

Relevancy 49.45%

several of my video files(mpg,avi)freeze during playback.the audio usually(but not always)continues,but the video stays frozen.this happens on all my media players(ultraplayer,windows media player9,vlc player,divx player).i am almost certain i have all the latest codecs.my OS is windows98se.any ideas on what could be the problem?

Relevancy 49.45%

I have successfully edited a short video using MovieMaker and have recorded same on a CD. Playback on computer is fine but my Samsung DVD player will not recognize the disk.
What could be wrong here?

Relevancy 49.45%

didnt see this already posted anywhere, so here we go.

i have a fairly new laptop. an HP pavillion dv9000z or t (whichever has the athlon chip in it). anyway, when i watch a video in windows media player or while using my divx player, the video is really dark like the contrast is turned way way up. i havent knowlingly done anything to alter the contrast ratio. regardless the source of video -- dvd, web feed from MLB.com or even stuff i took on my webcam, its all dark.

heres the off thing. when i watch the same clips in nero showtime or in quicktime, everything is the proper lighting.

any help on how to resolve the darkness issues?
the windows media player is version 9 if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-playback.592308/
Relevancy 49.45%

while on  microsoft edge if i go on ypou tube and play a video its all distorted like zoomed to 200% the same goesor if i play a movie on netflix but........if im on google chrome the playback on you tube is fine....... n e 1 know howi can solve this problem while using microsoft edge????????

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/video-playback/td-p/5799037
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, I have a Q8400 @3.3GHz, but in My computer > Properties It only says 2.66, This was working some time ago, but now it wont, whats the problem? can i change some registry files to make it correct? please help!!

A:Wrong clock speed!

check this thread Cpu Speed

and try this software CPU-Z to check whether windows misread your Cpu clock

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/87564-wrong-clock-speed.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hi there!
i have an athlon 2800xp cpu,but in my system(win xp)
it shows only athlon 2100xp(since i changed the mobo)K7VM2.
please help.
matrix

Relevancy 49.45%

Some of you may have read my last topic... but this concerns my GOOD xp computer rather than the old crappy one which I upgraded.

Anyway, just tonight when I plug a usb device in, it is taking ages for the computer to recognise it and sometimes it won't recognise anything being plugged in at all. One time I even got that 'plug into hi-speed port' even though all the ports are usb 2.0

Just started to happen, made no changes to the system or devices...

No yellow question marks on device manager.

Thanks guys

A:Hi-speed ports - going wrong.

Update your drivers, if that doesn't work it's possible you have a faltering mobo.

Regards,

Brandon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hi-speed-ports-going-wrong-140581.html
Relevancy 49.45%

AM USING MERCURY MOTHERBORD OF WHICH ITS SPECIFICATIONS ARE THAT IT IS 2000+ PRO PROCESSOR.
MY PROBLEM IS THAT XP ONLYS SEES 785 MHZ. WHY?
WHAT CAN I DO SO AS TO BE ABLE TO SEES THE FULL 2000MHZ <2.0GHZ>.
BYTHE WAY ITS SLOW. A PENTIUM 3 IS FASTER THAN THIS.

OHH PLEASE HELP. KSTEVEY. [email protected]

A:Wrong Processor Speed

Well we need some more details here.

AM USING MERCURY MOTHERBORD OF WHICH ITS SPECIFICATIONS ARE THAT IT IS 2000+ PRO PROCESSOR.
What model is the motherboard, and what do you mean specifications are that it is a 2000+ pro processor. Is it campatiable with that model processor or does it actually contain it? Check some of your BIOS settings.

WHAT CAN I DO SO AS TO BE ABLE TO SEES THE FULL 2000MHZ <2.0GHZ>.
BYTHE WAY ITS SLOW. A PENTIUM 3 IS FASTER THAN THIS.

When it comes to these style AMD's their naming structure is not relavent to it's speed, sure it says 2000Mhz but really its only 1667Mhz max.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wrong-processor-speed.570649/
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently upgraded my CPU from 650mhz to 1000mhz but on reboot it shows up as 750mhz what can i do to show correct CPU speed is it a BIOS thing?

Relevancy 49.45%

Hey I d really appreciate anyone s help in this matter When I right-click on My PC and select quot properties quot the following is displayed quot Intel R Core TM CPU Ghz GHz GB Ram quot As you can see the processor is an Intel Core Duo E that is supposed to have a frequency of GHz I Wrong Processor Speed got my new computer a week ago and yesterday i ran CPU-Z and it detected that the Core Speed was GHz This matches the above mention system properties So my question is Why is this happening What s the problem and Are ther any solutions Here s my complete equipment description Gigabyte GA- P-DS Motherboard iNTEL Core Duo E processor Ghz FSB MHz Mb Cache GB Kingston DDR Mhz MSI NXI tc with NVIDIA Geforce TurboCache Soundblaster Audigy Platinum EX I would really REALLY appreciate anyone s help since this is a new computer and I want to make sure it s working alright Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

When i boot it shows my ram as and its My motherboard General Information Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Gigabyte Product GA-MA -DS Version x x Serial Number Unspecified Support MP Yes CPU s Version MPS Chassis Information Manufacturer speed?? Reading wrong as RAM Unspecified RAM Reading as wrong speed?? Type Desktop Version Unspecified Serial Number Unspecified Asset Unspecified Sensor Information Hardware Monitoring ITE IT F On-Board Device Information Embedded Controller No Slots Information Slot PCI Available -bit v v Slot PCI Available -bit v v Slot PCI-Express x v External Connectors Serial Compatible DB- male Serial Compatible DB- male Parallel ECP EPP DB female Keyboard PS Mouse PS USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB USB Access Bus USB Internal Connectors PRIMARY IDE On Board IDE FDD On Board Floppy COM Pin Dual Inline pin cut COM Pin Dual Inline pin cut LPT DB female Keyboard PS Mouse PS USB USB USB USB USB USB USB USB USB USB My RAM is General Information A RAS Double Bank A RAS Double Bank A Empty A Empty Information SPD EEPROM A Manufacturer Kingston Part Number - A LF Serial Number A DB Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz - DDR - Format Regular UDIMM x Size MB ranks banks Module Buffered No Module Registered No Module SLi Ready EPP No Width -bit Error Correction Capability No Max Burst Length Refresh Reduced x s Self Refresh Voltage SSTL v Prefetch Buffer -bit Manufacture Week of Supported Frequencies MHz MHz MHz CAS Latency tCL clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz RAS to CAS tRCD clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz RAS Precharge tRP clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz Cycle Time tRAS clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz Min TRC clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz Information SPD EEPROM A Manufacturer Kingston Part Number - A LF Serial Number DB Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz - DDR - Format Regular UDIMM x Size MB ranks banks Module Buffered No Module Registered No Module SLi Ready EPP No Width -bit Error Correction Capability No Max Burst Length Refresh Reduced x s Self Refresh Voltage SSTL v Prefetch Buffer -bit Manufacture Week of Supported Frequencies MHz MHz MHz CAS Latency tCL clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz RAS to CAS tRCD clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz RAS Precharge tRP clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz Cycle Time tRAS clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz Min TRC clocks MHz clocks MHz clocks MHz Memory Controller Information Memory Controller Standard EDO Number of connectors Max Module Size MB Max Memory Size MB Supported Speed ns ns Supported Voltages v Error Detection Method -bit ECC Error Correction Capability None Current Supported Interleave -way -way Can someone please tell me how to get my ram to run at Mhz instead of Mhz nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

can anyone help i have a amd athlon 1800 ghz cpu but it is showing only 1200 ghz how can i change this

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi again! When I built my computer I installed a 2.1 GHz processor. However when the system boots up, it says that the processor is a 1.4 GHz. Is my processor defective or something else? I have an Athlon.

thanks a lot

A:wrong processor speed

Have you checked your bus speed in the BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wrong-processor-speed.192252/
Relevancy 49.45%

hi there i have another problem i have an amd athlon xp well thats whats it meant to be i had to us a reboot disk to get the pc back to it orginal state wrong showing Cpu speed. as i had too much spyware and to many Cpu showing wrong speed. viruses to cope with but when after the reboot the number upon startup in the left corner which said amd TM and now it says amd TM please help as my system has been badly affected and is soooo slow the cd was supplied by time as it is a time computer also i Cpu showing wrong speed. had used the cd twice before but this happened on the third time i have attempted OC ing and was a bit of an almost disaster but i was out of m mind when i oc ed and nothing happened to my processor so if anyone has any suggestions i would be very grateful as i really need to professional help thanks people pc specs amd athlon quot quot nvidia geforce fx gb ram gb maxtor hard drive cd rom drive writer drive in card reader nbsp

A:Cpu showing wrong speed.

Post moved to it`s own thread.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-showing-wrong-speed.84618/
Relevancy 49.45%

I just finished building my new christmas pc . It runs great, but the only problem is that my memory is supposed to be DDR3 1600, but when I boot my pc on the black screen ( BIOS post? Something like that ) it says something like DRAM 800. My Motherboard supports up to DDR3 1333.

So my question is, how do I overclock this memory to 1333?
On the stickers on the side of the sticks it says 9-9-9 @ 1.65v, which is the latency I think.

This is my memory.

A:Wrong Memory speed

Download and run CPU-Z and go to the "memory" tab. (this is a handy app to have anyway)

Make sure the memory is in "dual channel" mode and if it's 800Mhz dual channel, you have 1600Mhz RAM.

You can also go into the BIOS...if you built the computer, you will know how to get into the BIOS. There will be memory configuration options there. Make sure you are at the right speed and voltage.

However, your POST screen "should" be showing 1600Mhz. Most POST screens I have seen tell you the actual speed. You could try using the "pause-break" key to stop the POST so you can have a look at it. Use the "print-scrn" button to continue with the POST.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/50048-wrong-memory-speed.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all, I'm hoping you can help me out.
My setup is:
AMD 1.1 proc
256 DDR Kingston Memory
Asus A7M Motherboard

My problem is that I did a reformat last week, and now my computer reads the processor as an 850 instead of 1.1
Anyone know of a way to correct this? Hopefully without reformatting again.
Any help would be appreciated.

A:Processor speed wrong

You need to change the multiplier/frequency settings in the BIOS for the processor.

Go up one step at a time, until you get to where you need to be.

If all of a sudden your computer wont boot, reset the CMOS.

**NOTE EDIT**
Reformatting should have nothing to do with it, the only thing that changes is the hard drive. What's wrong is in your BIOS. However, I'm not too familiar with that low speed processor but I'm more than certain it is a BIOS problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-speed-wrong.6233/
Relevancy 49.45%

Would be great if anyone has any ideas why my Athlon64 3700 is showing varying clock speeds. Sometimes as low as 900 Mhz or so.

Relevancy 49.02%

Been trying to figure this one out for a while, hope that someone here can help. I've been trying to get playback of video to work on my new laptop (Dell Latitude E6510). After maybe 30 seconds of playback, I get a system crash. Sometimes it's closer to 1 minute, sometimes closer to 10 seconds. Youtube, netflix, any flash application on the net, causes this problem. I've updated the drivers, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the video card (NVidia 3100N), updated the drivers, running Silverlight just fine, flash is up to date. Just not sure what's causing it. Anyway, I've attached the requested files. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Running:

Windows 7 Enterprise
32 bit
OEM
Dell Latitude 6510
Nvidia 3100N video card
System is brand new
Computer is brand new

A:BSOD during video playback

Welcome!

It appears as if you did not run that program as administrator.

Please manually upload your dumps now, because the program did not collect them automatically.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/98926-bsod-during-video-playback.html
Relevancy 49.02%

OK this is something I cannot quite put my fingers on Video playback on my new Compaq F AU notebook AMD Turion TL- GHz GB RAM Windows XP Home SP built-in nVIDIA geforce M looks as Playback Jerky Video if the camera Jerky Video Playback used to shoot the clip was dragged across the sand The viewing transition or anything that moves can be perceived as stopping every quarter of a second - oddly enough the audio is not affected It s not jerky enough so as to make any video unwatchable you understand but quite noticeable and very annoying Panning scenes are a pain to watch and this jerky-motion in action is also very noticeable during the credits at the end of the clip movie This happens to ALL video clips regardless of the codec - codec reinstalls and even system reformats fail to give the matter a close And it also keeps happening despite one of or combination of more of the following using various players WMP Winamp VLC Disconnecting from the Internet Disabling anything running in the background updating to the latest system and graphics drivers playing the clip video from HDD flash drive or DVD DVD-video or data disc CPU usage during video watching is rarely above I m at my wit s end Please help nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

When watching video on my computer, I experience audio and video "stuttering" every few minutes. This happens in both Netflix and VLC. Ideas? I'm not sure where to start, everyplace I have looked indicates that issues like this don't usually happen with both web based and stored video.

Thanks!

A:Stuttering Video Playback

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried reinstalling the audio and graphics drivers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuttering-video-playback-832354.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello Folks,

I am having an issue when trying to playback video's or DVD's. The screen shows a split down the middle with a diferrent brightness on each side. I have tried various media players and the outcome is the same. I have also tried changing all the options on my graphics card with still no luck! This only appears on videos no change to gaming etc.

Please help!!

Setup:

OS - Windows Vista x64
Motherboard - Asus Crosshair
Processor - AMD 64X2 6000+
Memory - 4GB Patriot 800mhz
GPU - Asus 9800 GX2
Set in dual monitor mode with:
22" Dell Ultra Sharp
32" Philips HDTV
(I have tried single monitor setups and still had no affect)

Cheers
Keo

A:Video Playback Problems

.... any possibility of a screnshot?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/video-playback-problems-281094.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Does anyone know what would be the cause of this?? All of a sudden if I play a video it is in red and black only??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/red-and-black-video-playback.622189/
Relevancy 49.02%

I can't get video playback of my WoW vid captures. Sound is there. I've used all the vid apps that I can think of and updated/dl'd codecs to no avail. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If I can't get it I'm not to worried about it. Need to step up and get a new machine here pretty quickly! Thanks!

Specs;

865PERL
3GHz P4
1G RAM

ALL-IN-WONDER 9600 SERIES
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI RADEON 9600 Series AGP (0x4150)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6666 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 2/2/2007 13:03:43, 264704 bytes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fraps-2-9-1-no-video-upon-playback.97963/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all!

so a lot of my videos have weird colours like that, but only recently. a lot of them used to play with normal colours. what's wrong?

A:Odd colours in video playback

Possible codec corruption. Looks pretty weird.

I'd suggest downloading a codec pack, and overwiting the current ones. Better yet find out what codec it uses (should be in 'properties' of the file) and reload only that codec.

I use the 'Nimo' codec pack. Search for it on Google.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/odd-colours-in-video-playback-70938.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Asus p wd Premium P Ghz ATI Radeon HD series Hanns-G LCD choppy playback video monitor JW D SB Audigy PCI GB RAM GB used in XP -bit software XP Pro SP with all updates DirectX c updated video sound and motherboard drivers updated audio codecs Combined Community Codec Pack Problem symptoms For several months or longer I've gotten choppy video playback I can't watch any videos on vimeo or youtube in HD or play any HD video files I recorded from my camera The video on choppy video playback my system plays sort of okay at first but with a hint of choppiness choppy video playback my laptop in contrast plays it perfectly and after several seconds it just gets really bad choppy video and crackly audio I notice the XP startup logo animation is choppy too even while still appearing Dxdiag shows no problems and plays the video tests smoothly Event viewer shows no problems So far I have tried - updated all drivers and codecs - ran disk cleanup defragged hard drives emptied browser caches - playing video from other hard drive - playing video with a USB sound card - disabled almost everything in msconfig - disabled all non essential services including antivirus and ATI control center - disabled video hardware acceleration in Display properties disabled write combining no effect so I turned them back on

A:choppy video playback

Different player? Try videolan?

Edit: tried the alternative (if you have it) vid output? Another cable ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/choppy-video-playback-544445.html
Relevancy 49.02%

The only video files my computer is allowing me to play is DivX files On top Problem with video playback...help of that it is only letting me play DivX files in DivX player and nothing else When I try to play avi mpg wmv files in WMP Winamp or Real Player I only hear audio but see no video However I hear audio and see video while playing a DivX file in DivX player I believe this problem started when I upgraded to WMP Problem with video playback...help or up to DivX I have uninstalled WMP and went back to WMP but that didn t change anything I uninstalled DivX and reverted back to DivX and it worked I could play my video files in WMP That lasted for weeks and then it happened again for no apparent reason I have audio and video in DivX player but only audio in WMP etc The driver for my video card is up to date and I think I have all necessary codecs If Problem with video playback...help anybody can think of what might be wrong and have a solution for me I would really appreciate your help with this Thank you Kevin Windows XP Home Edition with SP Intel Pentium CPU GHz GB of RAM ATI Radeon Pro graphics card Creative SB Audigy sound card nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-video-playback-help.694655/
Relevancy 49.02%

can someone pls help me.. whenever i try to play any kind of video it plays back choppy and it is really irritating me.. ive tried to uninstall my video card and install it again.. didnt work.. downloaded multiple codec packs, nothing.. i really need help here

Relevancy 49.02%

hi,

I format my computer several days ago, and it seems I can't play .mpg and some other video formats now, if I play it with windows media player, I can hear the sound, but the screen is black.
I wonder what caused this? do I need to install some kind of codec?

Sorry for my bad grammar, thx

A:Video playback problems

You are most likely correct - installing a codec pack will probably solve your problem - K-Lite codec pack (link in my signature area) is a good one.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/video-playback-problems-363527.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I've downloaded some HD videos and for a while they played like a gem. They were crisp and clear and played at a reasonable speed. Now all of a sudden they are choppy.. they'll play for about a second then it will freeze for half a second then play for another second etc. I haven't installed anything huge... and I have run regular checks for spyware nothing major. mfpmp takes up up to 70% of my resources, could that be it? I don't know... i think its a ram problem. I've also noticed an all together slow down of my computer... It may be spyware i don't know? It is my laptop and the specs are below.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-hd-video-playback.623948/
Relevancy 49.02%

Whenever I play a video on my XP system (in any player) it plays back pixelated and way too bright. This problem extends into video games where the in game movies play the same way. I recently had the K-Lite codec pack on my system but removed it because it was a headache. I'm thinking this might be part of the problem. Aside from that the problem might be the driver for my Nvidia GeForce 5500, it could be doing some kind of obnoxious video acceleration or some crap.

I'm stumped here.
PS. I would have posted a screen shot of the problem but apparently XP wont let you save video frames.

Just a suggestion for trouble shooting try videolan it comes with its own codecs.This may eliminate codecs as the issue, and point to a driver issue...I've used the kl pack for over 2 years with no issues....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-playback-problems.390445/
Relevancy 49.02%

In trying to watch some anime, I've come across resolution woes. My video program of choice is Zoom Player, which does install on my 64-bit Ultimate system. That said, it and other non-WMP programs that I try to use to watch videos render pixelated images (my fallback form ZP is VLC Player, and it too has the problem). So I was fine watching .avi files on WMP until I was unable to get WMP to render .mkv files, despite the fact that I installed the .mkv codec pack. Does anyone know of a good video program without rendering issues, or a fixed version of Zoom Player? I'd appreciate the info.

A:Video playback troubles

Yes use the Vista Codec Pack, remove any other codec programs as these packs contain every codec you will need, They also have two versions and you will need both for Vista X64.
Included in these packs is a player called Media Player Classic which is capable of playing .mkv files.
To adjust the hight and width of movies in MPClassic use your keypad keys 2,4,6 and 8.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/112506-video-playback-troubles.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all,

I bought an HD5670 a few weeks back. And just noticed something odd when I watch TV through Media Centre or play DVDs.

The image has a kind of pastel look, almost solarised (I think that's the effect), with large areas of colour being the same and very little definition/subtlety.

I previously had an nvidia 8500GT, and everything was fine, video-wise with that. The 5670 seems fine with graphics in games, and on windows in general but while watching videos it just seems odd.

I uninstalled the reinstalled the k lite codec pack that I've always had on my PC, but that seems to have made no difference.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

ps I have the same 22" samsung 1050 monitor connected via DVI. It says screen is 32bpp and 1680 x 1050, which I sure is the same as I had it before!

A:Odd DVD/video playback with HD5670

Just checked and this is only happening in WMP and Media Centre. Works fine in Media Player Classic etc!

A bit of a pain as I use the PC to record and watch TV quite often.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/148743-odd-dvd-video-playback-hd5670.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Right I have a Mb avi file on my PC and a nice big lcd tv downstairs with a VGA playback Video problem input thingy I copy the avi file onto my external hard drive It throws up an box Video playback problem saying 'Are you sure you want to copy this file without its properties' whatever this means I then copy it from the external drive onto my laptop and give it a test play to make sure it works It does I go Video playback problem downstairs plug the laptop into TV using the Nvidia control panel to set the TV to display the same thing as the laptop monitor Then I try and play the video Media player opens sound comes out but no picture Try media player classic No picture I've unplugged the TV installed the latest ffdshow restarted but nothing works Since plugging into the TV I'm unable to play any video files they just display nothing Before I plugged it into the TV I could play all video files After I can't get the video for any just the sound Plus the playback is rather laggy The laptop is running SP using the cccp Thanks

A:Video playback problem

try

Right click on your desktop.
Open the NVidia display option.
Go to the monitor setup area.
Select Clone View BUT set you T.V as main monitor and your computer screen as secondary.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/video-playback-problem-205454.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently installed SP on my PC and immediately afterwards anytime I play a video file whether it be with WMP DivX Player Winamp or Media Player Classic the video itself will freeze while the sound continues video playback PC during hangs to play On top of that if I close the program my PC hangs and I am forced to do a hard reset At first I assumed this problem was directly related to Service Pack and since I had been meaning to reformat anyway I did so After PC hangs during video playback a fresh install of XP including updates but not Service Pack I tried playing a video again only to find the same problem was still occuring I would assume this means its a hardware issue but I'm at a loss as to how to fix it I have tried using old versions of PC hangs during video playback both video and sound card drivers as well as making sure I have the most recent ones Neither helped Any advice you could offer would be appreciated Thanks

A:PC hangs during video playback

Does this happen with all video types..avi, mpeg etc??

Have you tried a new codec pack?

Can recommend Ace Mega CoDecS Pack v5.93 and v6.03 (you will only need one though...both contain hundreds of codecs and some very handy tools....completely free too!!!) :-)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-hangs-during-video-playback-97417.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Just recently every video I download or stream seems like it's really faded or washed out. Quicktime works great, but DIVX and Windows Media Player look like crap. And the weird thing is that DIVX looked fine the other day until I upgraded to version 6, now it looks as bad as on WMP. Thanks for any help.

A:Washed out video playback

Sounds rather similar to this:

http://forums.techguy.org/t382994.html

Would you be using some recent version of Nvidia drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/washed-out-video-playback.383616/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am experiencing sever playback problems with any video I try to play. The video will play for about 2-5 seconds and then turn green and skip. I have tried all sorts of file types such as .wmv, .mpg, .mov, and others. In Windows Media Player, after I messed with the settings a bit, it shows a little bit of the video, but the colors are jacked up and after a while it gives me an error and closes. Is there something I need to change in video acceleration or something? Please help me if you can.

You could try lowering the video hardware acceleration, but it sounds more like missing/corrupt codecs.

Install K-Lite Codec Pack 2.70 FULL and reboot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/video-playback-problems-91266.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have been playing video clips (embedded in websites like youtube etc) satisfactorily for a long time using Windows XP.
In the last few days these clips will only play in a very jerky way with no smooth stream. I cannot figure out the problem. I haven't changed anything recently like new software etc.
I'd really appreciate any help that anyone can give. Thanks

A:Jerky Video Playback

Do you have the latest version of Flash?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/127307/jerky-video-playback/
Relevancy 49.02%

when playing DVDs and svcd on my comp the playback is upside down. I have never had this prob b4. could it be codecs?

Relevancy 49.02%

I watch various MP4/AVI files on my WMP (Windows 7) but frustratingly WMP playback skips audio and visual playback every 15seconds or so...quite annoying!

Can anyone suggest why this might be?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-video-playback-skipping.1159071/
Relevancy 49.02%

We are having a heck of a time with video playback compatibility in W8CP.. Any video we try to play has a 50/50 chance of working, either with the metro video player app or good old windows media player.. I've installed a codec pack, but we still have problems and sometimes have no audio or audio with no video..

Is there a way to check the video for compatibility? All the videos play fine under my W7 machine..

A:Video playback compatibility

Try DAPlayer from DAPlayer - Free HD Bluray Video Multimedia Player Software

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/5778-video-playback-compatibility.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi this is been going on alot with my videos lately, when I play an AVI in any media player such a VLC, Real, WMP, and some other ones the videos always play with a different tint usually green. Yet when I play it in Itunes it plays fine color wise but is extremely choppy. is this an issue with codecs or with software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-playback-error.689295/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have been having problems with .mp4 video files I download from Youtube. I can't seem to get it to show videos in Winamp 5 latest. It works with VLC but let's be clear...VLC plays anything and is very reliable. But if anyone can help me with the playback issue in the latest Winamp, straight from the site. I usually use keepvid or file2hd to download to allow me to download the video and I bend up with the converted video which ends up as .mp4 files. Please assist.

A:Winamp Video Playback

It could be due to the codecs used by Winamp, mp4 is quicktime based & VLC might have internal codecs for quicktime.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/6668-winamp-video-playback.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey guys I recently recieved a laptop from a friend and everything on it seems to work on it pretty well asides from one nagging thing Anything Video For some strange reason the video can tend to lag minor in some cases but others really bad The video will really start to slow down while the audio keeps going like nothing ever happened In worst cases videos of sports like mma will really lag and start to skip making it pretty much unwatchable So I'm not sure if its some sort of speed issue or what It can even do this on sites like youtube I'm running Vista Home Premium SP on a hp dv cl It has gb of ram and a AMD Turion X TL- ghz processor and a NVIDIA GeForce m video card I figure the hardware is more than enough to do something as simple as playing back video so I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with drivers playback Problems with video or settings or something like that I'd really appreciate Problems with video playback any help you guys can throw my way Thanks

A:Problems with video playback

hi you can get the latest drivers here http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk i would also use something like speedfan to check your temps when using video

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-with-video-playback-405364.html
Relevancy 49.02%

On one of my older computers running windows xp i am having a annoying problem problem video playback Most of the time when i try to play a video on it it will have video playback problem a little windows installer window pop up i had the ace mega codec pack installed on it but it was really bad and kept me from video playback problem even playing video so i uninstalled it it has been a while since i used video playback problem that pc but now i have it plugged up to a tv and a speaker system in my room and am not in for reinstalling windows everything else runs fine very fast and smooth how do i stop those windows installer screens from poping up those installers sem to try to install things from the ace mega codec pack but it never does as it was uninstalled the video still plays find the installer will just come up while it is playing heres a screenshot of what i m talking about before it would try to install it and then take me through a whole bunch of menues that would not go away until i click on next and waited for it to isntall then find nothing and give a error so i had to use regedit to stop that and just close the ace codec install as soon at it came up so there only up for a short time then go away if they come up while viewing videos like those at ebaums world the browser will hang http img imageshack us img untitled vw jpg in the screenshot i am running sherlock that is a file that doesnt need to be installed and all it does is scans for codecs open them to test if there working properly then display results during the scan that windows installer window will appear and close to times befoe the scan completes this mostly happens when viewing files in WMV and happens every time i play a video in this format http img imageshack us img untitled dg jpg nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I opened up iTunes to play a song and it wont play and when I tried to open iTunes before that a window popped up saying "iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration, Audio/Video playback may not operate properlyI don't know what to do or where to startMOD EDIT: Moved from Windows NT/2000/2003 forum to more appropriate forums ~ stevealmighty

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/100052/no-audiovideo-playback/