Windows Support Forum

Lost network connectivity

Q: Lost network connectivity

Hello,

I have a recently built PC and it was working fine until an hour or so ago, when I could no longer connect to the internet. It doesn't work in both linux and windows (dual boot). Another machine plugged in to the router does still work. Have tried three different cables, the cable from the working machine, rebooted the router, checked device manager in Windows (has Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller 'This device is working properly'). Tried rebooting machine, going in to both windows and linux with the same result. From windows (which I'm more familiar with) I've tried installing updated drivers to no avail. When plugging in the network cable it slowly flashes green (and orange once).

Ideas?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lost network connectivity

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 67.51%

Several days ago my old Compaq P W K lost network connectivity ipconfig shows Autoconfiguration IP Address don t know why the computer changed it from to unless maybe there is a computer on the network and lost network connectivity it just picked the next highest number Subnet mask Can t ping get response quot Request timed out quot Assuming that the return of a ip address means that the computer is not receiving an IP address from the network I substituted other known thought-to-be good nic s no cigar Yellow light shows on card back plate In local area network properties I changed from DHCP to specific and entered chose this because another computer on the n w ends and I thought this should be plenty of room as the address for this computer same as the other computer as the gateway address ipconfig now shows and nothing for the gateway It appears from the lack of a gateway IP that the same thing is still happening i e still not getting an IP addy from the n w I assume that the lost network connectivity router is DHCP enabled since all of the computers on this network are DHCP and working properly Or is this possibly an unwarranted assumption Also to the best of my knowledge this compuer was working previously configured as DHCP I umplugged an ethernet cable from a working computer and substituted it for the existing cable to be sure that it isn t a cabling issue with no improvement so it might be either the card or the mobo The light on the back of the ethernet card is burning steady yellow Or might it still be a lost network connectivity config issue TIA nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Had browser up and working then started a MS update session with 4 updates. The updates all failed and my browser lost all network connectivity.

Windows 7 Home Premium running on an HP e9280t desktop, i7 920 processors, 8 GB memory.

Went through HP support with out any joy. Reset router and modem. Used MS tool to verify router is fully compatible with Win7. Cannot ping the router, nor execute an ipconfig /reset. Tried new network card - same thing.

A:Lost network connectivity

Quote: Originally Posted by sjboyer

Had browser up and working then started a MS update session with 4 updates. The updates all failed and my browser lost all network connectivity.

Windows 7 Home Premium running on an HP e9280t desktop, i7 920 processors, 8 GB memory.

Went through HP support with out any joy. Reset router and modem. Used MS tool to verify router is fully compatible with Win7. Cannot ping the router, nor execute an ipconfig /reset. Tried new network card - same thing.

The only active connection is ethernet and it isnt configured correctly. Heve you checked device manager to make sure the driver is installed and working correctly? (type device manager in search>go to network connections. Yours should be listed and not have a yellow triangle on it.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/86412-lost-network-connectivity.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Dell Latitude D800 Laptop with Port Replicator
Windows XP Pro SP1 - Fully patched (with the exception of SP2)

User was working fine this morning but upon returning from lunch found he had no network connectivity. Task Tray shows LAN Connected at 100.0 Mbps. NIC lights on docking station are illuminated. I tried undocking the laptop and plugging the network cable directly into the laptop's onboard NIC with no luck. Tried plugging in a known hot network cable which provides connectivity to another workstation with no issues. Issue persists whether logged into a domain account or locally. In all cases IPCONFIG shows: 169.254.150.54 and this remains in place after a RELEASE/RENEW. NIC shows itself installed and active in Device Manager and is set to DHCP. Any thoughts?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-network-connectivity.276995/
Relevancy 66.65%

I had what appeared to be a Firefox-specific redirect virus All Firefox based searches would at random redirect to quot building-garden com quot search sites I ran MBAM Super Anti-Spyware Ad-Aware etc and although they found various trojans none of the cleans seemed to solve Network ComboFix After Connectivity Lost the problem Uninstalled Firefox disabled all anti-spyware software and ran ComboFix Lost Network Connectivity After ComboFix ComboFix ran and discovered some rootkit TCP IP and other issues log below and completed successfully After the ComboFix run there was no internet connectivity so I followed the ComboFix bleeping computer recommendations of a network right-click quot repair quot and also restarting the system Neither of these worked and I am now without hardwired or wireless connectivity Thank you in advance for your help and for the righteous work you all do - A ComboFix - - - YorkeA - x Running from c documents and settings YorkeA Desktop ComboFix exe Created a new restore point Other Deletions c documents and settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe lnk c documents and settings YorkeA g mdlhlpx exe c program files Internet Explorer tmp c program files Internet Explorer tmp C Thumbs db c windows NtUninstallKB c windows NtUninstallKB c windows NtUninstallKB c windows NtUninstallKB cfg ini c windows NtUninstallKB Desktop ini c windows NtUninstallKB L hshisvvo c windows help tours htmltour unlock playing htm c windows system d d caps dat Drivers Services ------- Service fd f e Files Created from - - to - - - - - - ----a-w- c windows system HIPIS e b dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system FlashPlayerCPLApp cpl - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings YorkeA Application Data SUPERAntiSpyware com - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files SUPERAntiSpyware - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data SUPERAntiSpyware com - - - - ----a-w- c windows system lsdelete exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers SBREDrv sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers Lbd sys - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Lavasoft - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data Lavasoft - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Spybot - Search amp Destroy - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files PC Tools Security - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings YorkeA Application Data ZWWWK ffRZhTXjV - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings YorkeA Application Data mllIIBttzP - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings YorkeA Application Data y hhTXqqUCelBz Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers mbam sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers SbAlg sys - - - - ----a-w- c program files mozilla firefox components Scriptff dll SnapShot - - - - - - c windows WinSxS x Microsoft VC OpenMP fc b b a e e b x-ww ecc bd vcomp dll - - - - c windows WinSxS x Microsoft VC MFCLOC fc b b a e e b x-ww b db d mfc rus dll - - - - c windows WinSxS x Microsoft VC MFCLOC fc b b a e e b x-ww b db d mfc kor dll - - - - c windows WinSxS x Microsoft VC MFCLOC fc b b a e e b x-ww b db d mfc jpn dll - - - - c windows WinSxS x Microsoft VC MFCLOC fc b b a e e b x-ww b db d mfc ita dll - - - - c windows WinSxS x Microsoft VC MFCLOC fc b b a e e b x-ww b db d mfc fra dll - - - - c windows WinSxS x Microsoft VC MFCLOC fc b b a e e b x-ww b db d mfc esp dll - - - - c windows WinSxS x Microsoft VC MFCLOC fc b b a e e b x-ww b db d mfc esn dll - - - - c windows WinSxS x Microsoft VC MFCLOC fc b b a e e b x-ww b db d mfc enu dll - - - - c windows WinSxS x Microsoft VC MFCLOC fc b b a e e b x-ww b db d mfc deu dll - - - - c windows WinSxS x Microsoft VC MFCLOC fc b b a e e b x-ww b db d mfc cht dll - - - - c windows WinSxS x Microsoft VC MFCLOC fc b b a e e b x-ww b db d mfc chs dll - - - - c windows WinSxS x Microsoft VC ... Read more

A:Lost Network Connectivity After ComboFix

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/424701 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424701/lost-network-connectivity-after-combofix/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a frustrating problem with my internet network adapter It is an Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller OK startup Network indicators on connectivity all despite lost NDIS connected to a Netgear DGN router with one other computer connected that works fine When the computer boots up the internet connection on my computer appears to be fine but no websites will load All troubleshooting finds nothing wrong all indicators and lights appear to be fine Everything that can be updated or reset has been done to no avail There is one procedure that works to fix this problem and bear with me because Network connectivity lost on startup despite all indicators OK it is very silly and completely illogical but it works I unplug the ethernet cable and replace it with an old unreliable cable attempt to connect with it no connection of course because it's a dud then reconnect the new cable and all works perfectly - no reboot no reset just a magic cable that somehow makes it work The same procedure but just taking out the existing cable and putting it back in does not work Resetting the router does not work Disabling the adapter and then enabling it does not work Unplugging the other computer does not work Edit Forgot to add - while the old cable is in I run troubleshooter so it realises a dud cable is in Please can anyone help me resolve this madness because it is driving me insane

A:Network connectivity lost on startup despite all indicators OK

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be most helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/254191-network-connectivity-lost-startup-despite-all-indicators-ok.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have 2 problems that I was previously ably to fix (or appairently send into remision) that have re-arisin.
Firstly, at random times when I try to reboot, I get something along the lines of "f1 to retry reboot, f2 to enter setup" pressing f1 does nothing, and I can't find anything helpfull in setup.

Secondly, my internet drops out ALL the time, at least twice a day (3 this morning) I have talked to my IPS, noone else has this problem, so I assume that it is my Dad's patch-work network.

And of course their is still the whole disapearing memory bit, thank you yet again for you help.

A:Lost network connectivity, Mouse/KB problems

That first bit sounds like a rickety connection between keyboard/PC or mouse/PC, or it could also be a CMOS-battery that is nearly dead (the round silver thingy somewhere on your mobo). These are cheap to replace; if the PC is 3 years or older, replace it (carefully, don't break bits off, disconnect powercord before you do it).

How do you connect to the web: PC-router-modem-web? or PC-other PC-modem-web?

Click on Start/Run and type in cmd and click OK.
Now type in ipconfig /all >ipconfig.txt and hit enter.
The result is in the file ipconfig.txt, attach that to your next post.

As for the memory: take the sticks out, clean the contacts with an eraser, clean off the remnants and put it back in. Make sure to 'earth' yourself so you don't 'blow' the RAM with static. Disconnect the PC from the mains before you do this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-network-connectivity-mouse-kb-problems.31564/
Relevancy 65.36%

All of a sudden my wireless network is not working PC is a Dell running windows XP with a Microsoft MN- router First laptop is an Apple Ibook G- using an internal airport wireless card nd laptop is a Compaq No Preferred Connectivity-lost Connection Or Limited Network using a Linksys wireless g adapter Both laptops are showing connection to MSHOME network although that is not the preferred network I don t have any idea where that MSHOME network came from it never showed up before When you click on the IE icon on the Apple the message is can t find server Yet the status bar shows I have a wireless connection When you click on the IE icon on the Compaq the message is Connection has limited or no connectivity can t find server Yet the network icon is showing in the Taskbar and it has excellent strength I tried the Repair function but the message returned is that is cannot finish repairing because it can t renew the IP address From the router side I can Connection Limited Or No Connectivity-lost Preferred Network t seem to access the Managment Tool on the Microsoft Broadband Utility to check on the status I have tried from the program link the taskbar and putting in the http address but nothing connects to the Managment Connection Limited Or No Connectivity-lost Preferred Network Tool--only the Refresh function is available and that hasn t helped I have reset and turned off and unplugged many times to no avail The router IP address is now showing as a public network different from the IP I have on file The laptop IP numbers are now different from the PC Connection Limited Or No Connectivity-lost Preferred Network and from each other I tried a system restore point from last week when it was all working fine but it is telling me that there have been no changes and it can t restore These laptops have been working forever without any problem Hope you can help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-limited-or-no-connectivity-lost-preferred-network.502327/
Relevancy 58.91%

I apologize if there is a separate thread for Hyper-V running on Windows 8.1 vs this Server thread.  Couldn't find one specific to Hyper-V on Windows 8.1.
We have had for months now 3 Windows 8.1 workstations running Hyper-V with Windows 7 guest OS's. These guest were used to support clients that required a rather tight VPN connection. Suddenly last week all 3 machines has the same issue.
The guest no longer have internet connectivity.  One workstation has Broadcom NIC other 2 have Intel.  It's as if some Windows patch did something that caused the Virtual Switch to stop working.
Have blown away the VM's, dropped the Virtual Switch.  Ran updates.  Recreated the Virtual Switch and built new VM.  Still same condition.
The host to continues to connect to network and internet without issue.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Windows 8.1 Hyper-V host, Windows 7 guest lost network connectivity.

There is a Win8 forum here (for future ref)
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w8itprovirt/threads
Is this in a corporate environment?  If so, were any changes made to the switches?  I've seen environments where the switch is locked down to only allow one MAC/IP per port, which knocks off any VMs.
Are you getting any DHCP information? Can you assign a static IP and get connectivity?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/77936829-77f4-4cc4-8254-7d33c41f907b/windows-81-hyperv-host-windows-7-guest-lost-network-connectivity?forum=w8itprovirt
Relevancy 58.91%

I had Win -bit running on a Dell to Connectivity; "Unidentified Network" Internet Lost Connected PC About one week ago I noticed Internet connectivity was gone and that there was quot Lost Internet Connectivity; Connected to "Unidentified Network" limited connectivity quot as I was now connected to an quot unidentified network quot The other systems on the network are still connected and Lost Internet Connectivity; Connected to "Unidentified Network" working perfect the problem is isolated to this one system The network uses a static IP scheme quot IPCONFIG ALL quot shows that the IP is assigned is included on the correct subnet and has the correct gateway and DNS information I've tried a host of solutions suggested on forums from quot route delete quot to disabling my firewall to configuring for a dynamic IP Nothing has worked Reluctantly I resorted to a fresh install as I began to worry that I may have picked something up I completely wiped the hard drive and did a fresh Win -bit installation all only to have the same problem I assume that the NIC is functioning as it accepts all IP settings Any suggestions

A:Lost Internet Connectivity; Connected to "Unidentified Network"

Hi Nick,

Is this a wired or wireless connection issue?

Can you please post an ipconfig /all output for review?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/214770-lost-internet-connectivity-connected-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Greetings My computer info is as follows a Dell XPS running Windows XP Professional sp G pentium G installed memory I use AVG as an antivirus and run ad-aware se a-squared spybot spyware blaster windows defender and spyware guard All are up to date All of a sudden today the wireless connectivity on this computer disappeared - the icon wavered between marginal and no connectivity while the computer Connectivity Lost showed that it was still Lost Connectivity connected As this has happened occasionally in the past I did what I ordinarily do I rebooted But alas the same problem Wondering if it was the provider I turned on my laptop It s sitting right next to my desktop and it is connected with a good signal strength - no problem I called Dell never the most satisfying experience Lost Connectivity in the world - went to DOS and yes my IP address was there and I successfully pinged packets I turned off the computer and Lost Connectivity went downstairs and turned off the router and then I turned off the modem - waited Then turned them on in reverse order came back upstairs Alas same problem after rebooting the computer I did a system restore back to Sunday when everything was in working order And still after all that - no connectivity The guy at Dell suggests that I call Lynksys Hmmm The router is working just fine on the laptop as evidenced by this posting If they don t have a solution I should restore the computer back to its factory condition Are they out of there minds This computer has over two years of work on it I did that about months ago and is it ever a pain to get everything right again And it takes forever to reload all the programs So does anyone out there have a solution I am unable to use my desktop for internet or email and that s problematic because my desktop is my quot workhorse quot Thank you Pat

A:Lost Connectivity

What type of wireless deveice does your desktop use? USB dongle, PCI card, etc. + make & model.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/99420/lost-connectivity/
Relevancy 50.31%

My computer is either getting limited connectivity message through wireless or will simply not connect to the access point at all. All other wireless devices on the network are connecting. The are no static IP addresses or proxy settings enabled. No viruses are on this computer. I work in IT but I am stumped. Nothing was changed by a user. I am assuming this has something to do with an automatic update but there are no restore points. In event viewer I have HAL errors and Schannel errors which I have no experience with. I know information is a bit tight but I am not sure where to look.

A:Lost Connectivity

Reinstall the wireless lan drivers or just give the PC a Static IP :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-connectivity-497615.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My home set-up is I have Lost Most connectivity an HP Pavilion set-up as our basement computer attached to Lost Most connectivity our printers wireless router and external HD I have other laptops that connect wirelessly to the router and out to the internet as well as in to the basement computer and the printers external HD connected Lost Most connectivity to it This confirguration has been working well for a year and a half with minimal troubles Four weeks ago no changes to any of the components within the system I suddenly could not acccess the internet from my basement computer via internate explorer I reset my modem and router to no avail I confirmed that I still could access the internet from by wireless laptops but that those laptops no longer had access to anything handing off of my basement computer Finally I confirmed that I could ping various URLs from the basement computer but just couldn t accesss them via HTTP or FTP When I try to repair my LAN connection I get the following message Windows could not finish repairing the problem becasue the following action cannot be completed Clearing NetBT I ve seen a similar post on this site where somebody mentioned pulling up a command prompt and typing netsh int ip reset c logfile txt I ve done this but it has not fixed the problem If anybody can help it would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

hello week ago i browsed some website where one website said that i have no flash player and a flash player installation file was downloaded while installing that file my windows security essential found a virus and deleted it and i have to restart my computer after that i lost any type of internet connectivity my wimax modem says failed to obtain IP btw i have windows bit FYI quot Broni quot helped me to some extent to determine the problem and advised me to post in here i have done so many things like uninstalling ipv and reinstalling that again Connectivity Internet LOST reset winsock and ip etc and then followed what Broni suggested here is the link of my previous post i followed the Prep log and now posting the results DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Rashed at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT AV Microsoft LOST Internet Connectivity Security Essentials Enabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exeC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program Files Common Files Apple LOST Internet Connectivity Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Windows system crypserv exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files QUBEE WCM GPCommonService exeC Windows system svchost exe -k bthaudiosvcF Program Files Nitro PDF Professional NitroPDFDriverService exeC Windows system NLSSRV EXEC Program Files Photodex ProShowProducer ScsiAccess exeC Program Files Zoom bin MonServiceUDisk exeC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Windows system WUDFHost exeC Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware NisSrv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskhost exeC Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exeC Program Files A Tech Mouse Amoumain exeC Program Files Freecorder FLVSrvc exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer Update realsched exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeF Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeF Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exeC Users Rashed AppData Local Facebook Update FacebookUpdate exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files QUBEE WCM QUBEE WCM exeC Users Rashed AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files QUBEE WCM wimax WmMMgr exeC Windows system conhost exeF Program Files Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exeC Windows system conhost exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support SyncServer exeC Windows system conhost exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Program Files CometBird cometbird exeC Windows system conhost exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www msn comuSearch Bar PreservemStart Page hxxp eis esnips com page search client uuid bda ac - c - b -b d - fde d dmSearch Page hxxp www msn comuInternet Settings ProxyOverride local localmURLSearchHooks Freecorder Toolbar b d - c - f-a f -b... Read more

A:LOST Internet Connectivity

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/435408 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435408/lost-internet-connectivity/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey there, I just the other day after not using my computer for 3 days and having been using my NIC card to directly connect it just stopped working.

I looked into device manager and in there now is 3 conflicts two 6TO4 adapters and a isatap.{xxxxxx}

I opened my network connections and there was my wireless which is functioning properly and my local area 1 which was disabled, I kept trying to re-enable it but it wouldn't have it. So, I'm still pretty used to XP I guess so I figured I could un-install my LAN1 and restart and have windows re-recognize it and reinstall it, but nope. Now it's not under device manager, it's trying to update through windows update and when I try that it says the device isn't connected to the computer. I also tried a manual driver install which did nothing. Anyone help?

Relevancy 49.88%

To be honest Lost Connectivity My Ethernet I am dead tired and I haven t yet read through your forums I am on a borrowed laptop and I am having problems getting use to the keyboard Once I post this I will do alot of reading Yesterday I lost communication with my ethernet card VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter I was installing and uninstalling the firewall Jetico as it was tying up my ethenet card The last time I did it I lost both my Rhine card and Net Adapter I nolonger have Jetico but I still do have the the jetico monitors when I look in device manager I have tried to uninstalled the card but a menu pops up telling me it failed When I shut and boot my computer it tries to load the card but it fails It says failed to load driver code Other times it just said could not find driver Thanks any help is appreciated I just read this Hold the Windows Lost My Ethernet Connectivity key and press R then type CMD to open a command prompt What is the Windows key I have now done the following and cannot get the ip config info open quot run quot and type cmd next type ipconfig all What am I doing wrong Processor AMD - mhz Lost My Ethernet Connectivity Memory Motherboard MSI MS- XP Home Modem Router Lynx L- it is working fine Ethernet Card VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter The actual on-board peripheral is a VIA VT MAC VIA Ethernet PHY I only run one Virus Kaspersky I aslo use Lost My Ethernet Connectivity Defender Just for scans I use Spybot and Adware nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Bottom Line: ethernet connection worked Tuesday evening before shutting down, turned on machine (Dell Dimension desktop, XP Pro) yesterday and no connection. I have a wireless router with the desktop using an ethernet card and a laptop using a wireless connection. Wireless connection works fine (Vista Home Premium). Unplugged desktop and bypassed router by plugging ethernet cable directly in to DSL modem. Still no connectivity. Looked at network icon in control panel and it says connected. Clicked the repair button and it goes out and tries to renew my IP address and fails. Any ideas? Bad hardware (ethernet card, cable)? What can I do next to troubleshoot? Thanks.
John

A:Solved: Lost My Connectivity

I apologize for not checking previous posts. Looks like it could be related to a MS update. How can I determine if the offending update is on my machine and how can I turn off automatic updates from MS? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-my-connectivity.729204/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi my computer has become infected with some malware that spywaredoctor can't remove I have removed a lot of malware trojans lost .net onlinenotify connectivity and but there are still a few problems that I think must be due to remaining onlinenotify .net and lost connectivity malware Firefox keeps trying to load up a site called onlinenotify net onlinenotify .net and lost connectivity without the space in between This site appears linked to onlinenotify .net and lost connectivity a number of malware programmes http www threatexpert com report a b d d b It has lost internet connectivity it says quot limited or no connectivity quot although I know the connection is good because it works fine with another uninfected computer When I try to repair the connection either with dos or windows functions it says quot the following action cannot be completed renewing your IP address quot I have tried restarting the router and deleting and then reinstalling the network connections through the device manager but nothing has helped I'm not sure what to do now -- if anyone can offer any advice that would be much appreciated As I said I'm using another computer to download items and to make this post as the infected computer can't connect Many thanks in advance Toby DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Christina at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus On-access scanning disabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS SYSTEM userinit exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System SCardSvr exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Olympus DeviceDetector DM Service exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system msdtc exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE C Documents and Settings Christina Desktop dds scr C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Documents and Settings Christina Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www hp com mDefault Page URL hxxp www hp com mDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp redirectfor-me com MTk MjQ mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Yahoo IE Services Button bab b b- bc- b - d - fc de a - c program files yahoo common yiesrvc dll BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO be -c d - a - e - f aef c e - c windows system wegagolu dll BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B E dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll TB Veoh Browser Plug-in d - - -a b -aefaf ab - c program files veoh networks veoh plugins reg VeohToolbar dll TB amp Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll mRun MSConfig c windows pchealth helpctr binaries MSConfig exe auto mRun virutapani Rundll exe quot c windows system rinokulo dll quot s mRun CPM a aee Rundll exe quot c windows system nojepake dll quot a IE E amp xpo... Read more

A:onlinenotify .net and lost connectivity

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

Please copy this page to Notepad and Save it to your Desktop in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding.
Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Your hard drive is almost full. Having too little free space on your hard drive can compromise system performance.

Quote:

C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 37 GiB total, 2.028 GiB free.

I suggest you move pictures, music, etc. to an external drive or USB stick if you have one and uninstall any programs that are never or hardly ever used.

Download ComboFix and the Microsoft file to a USB drive on another computer and transfer the files to your desktop.

Please download ComboFix and Save it to your Desktop.

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

First, we need to install the Windows Recovery Console.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery(repair) mode, if needed. This allows us to help you in the case that your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

Download the file from this Microsoft page:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Save it as it is originally named to your Desktop.

Now close all open windows and programs, including all antivirus and antispyware programs. Get help here

Then drag the setup package onto ComboFix.exe and drop it. Follow the prompts to start ComboFix and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Recovery Console.

As part of installing the Recovery Console, ComboFix will begin to run. Your desktop may disappear. This is normal. It will return.

ComboFix will now automatically install the Windows Recovery Console onto your computer, which will show up as a new option when booting up your computer. Do not select the Windows Recovery Console option when you start your computer unless requested to by a helper.

Once the Recovery Console is installed, this blue window will appear:

Please continue as follows:
Close/disable all antivirus and antispyware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Get help here
Please click Yes to continue scanning for malware.
When the tool is finished, it will produce a log for you.

Please post that log, ComboFix.txt, in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/onlinenotify-net-and-lost-connectivity-353652.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am unable to connect to any web pages. Am running: Windows XP Home on eMachine; SP2 is not installed. There are no firewalls running. Connection is via a cable modem which is working OK- verified with ISP that there is connectivity; IP address is able to be released and renewed so it appears there is connection between the computer and the Internet, am just aunable to connect to any sites via: IE, Netscape, Firefox or an application (such as AOL IM, NAV, etc.). I have done a complete system restore with no change. There appears to be no effect by switching cable modem from ethernet connection to USB option (modem works fine on second computer running WIN ME via USB). I can run IE to the Internet on this computer using a dial-up connection, just not with the boardband cable. Any help appreciated!

Relevancy 49.88%

While trying to veiw a video on an untrusted bloggers site stupid i know i was propted connectivity after download Lost bad to update my adobe flash player in order to view the video the prompt was located in the actual video window which seemed unusual I clicked ok to update and went through all of the quot do you wish to allow quot and Lost connectivity after bad download quot program needs permision quot prompts to download the update It never worked The update seemed stuck on quot gathering info for download quot so i tried to exit the site When i did not only did Lost connectivity after bad download internet explorer shut down but my entire desktop disappeared Just my background was left When i restarted my laptop i immediatly get a quot host process for windows services has stopped working quot message Everything else appears to be fine except i have lost all internet access now When i try to start explorer i get a quot explorer has stopped working and has closed quot message Also none of my other programs can connect either including itunes google chrome etc Seem to have lost connectivity all together I have deletet temp files cookies etc Also ran mcaffee full scan and it detected no threats I feel like something has infected my computer but i dont know Please offer any help or advice thanks

A:Lost connectivity after bad download

have you tried a restore to a date before this happened?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-connectivity-after-bad-download-487943.html
Relevancy 49.88%

HI My Laptop Lenovo XP Symptopms I was using wi-fi for almost months without a single hassel One fine night it went off all of a sudden I can see quot Acquiring network connection for long time quot and then it shows connected However when i click interenet browser it shows standard error message quot cannot find server or DNS error quot When i click on the network connection icon on Lost connectivity Wi-fi HELP: laptop the same shows xxx bytes sent but bytes received Other laptop in the home is working perfectly Only difference is that when i go to property details only difference is of DNS server I cant see any DNS server in my laptop I cant see any wi-fi connection on the wi-fi radar earlier i use to see many of them What i did Disabled the connection and enabled again Checked whether Automaticvally detect settings is clicked or not Did On off wi-fi button Tried following HELP: Lost Wi-fi connectivity on laptop thing learnt from tech guy Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults type netsh int ip reset reset log Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults type netsh winsock reset catalog I am unable to post the result of ipconfig all since i dont have pendrive with me I need to get interent on ASAP for some important work PLEASE HELP Regards nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi My connection was upgraded from Mbits to connectivity lost Laptop Mbits this morning Laptop lost connectivity and everything was working properly but the joy was only short-lived as all of a sudden the laptop is unable to connect I have a Desktop with Vista on it connected over LAN Laptop lost connectivity and a laptop with Windows on it that connects over wireless to the Laptop lost connectivity FritzBox Router The router itself is showing the connection coming in at kbits and an upstream of kbits and Vista is working with no issues The router however is showing only grayed out neighborhood connections but is not showing itself When I connect the laptop directly over the LAN cable to the router it has no problems establishing the connection The troubleshooter on Windows on the laptop is showing quot Problem with wireless adapter or access point quot and quot A network cable is not properly plugged in or it may be broken quot as quot detected quot which is bogus since both these conditions are ruled out as in that case it would not even connect directly So what is possibly wrong Any solution would be really appreciated Thanks

A:Laptop lost connectivity

Did you try to reset router?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/345520/laptop-lost-connectivity/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there,

For some reasons my mouse is no longer working . It is plugged correctly into an USB port and I still have a red light turned on but I cannot move the cursor. In order to move around I have to use a TouchPad or a TrackPoint.

When I go through Control Panel and click on the mouse Icone I get the following message Control Panel Extension is Incompatible with Driver version then I enter into Mouse Properties

Manufacturer : IBM Corporation
Device Status: This Device is working properly

Device Name : IBM ThinkPad UltraNav Pointing Device

Regards,

Pascal

A:mouse lost connectivity

reinstall the latest drivers from their website and make sure the control application is up to date as well, that should solve your problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-lost-connectivity.583789/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all This is all on my home network - both PCs are local to each other I have a Win PC which hosts all within network Remote loses network home drive randomly desktop and connectivity mapped my media and documents which I connect to via remote desktop and share a drive on the network It has no monitor so remote desktop is my main method of access Very occasionally I will turn it on and be unable to connect to it or the mapped drive In fact my main PC Win cannot find it on the network anywhere But it IS on the network - I can connect via my mobile using Splashtop and I can also connect via TeamViewer from the main PC This is not a solution though as I need to be able to access the shared drive on my main PC Remote desktop and mapped network drive within home network randomly loses connectivity Both PCs use Bitdefender Makes no Remote desktop and mapped network drive within home network randomly loses connectivity difference with the BD firewall temporarily turned off As I mentioned sometimes it connects fine with no issues and sometimes it can't find it In these situations I can't even ping the Media PC's IP address timeout nor can the Media PC ping the main PC It can obviously ping the router Usually a restart of the Media PC fixes this although that's annoying - but today it isn't The error that I get is 'The network path was not found' and for remote desktop 'Remote Desktop can't find the computer 'MediaServer quot This might mean it does not belong to the specified network quot etc I also thought it work mentioning that this is what comes up when using the net use command Status nbsp nbsp nbsp Local nbsp nbsp Remote nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Network ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Unavailable nbsp X nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp MediaServer D nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft Windows Network The command completed successfully If I then muck around with deleting the share and reconnecting it will sometimes reconnect Today - no can't find the network path Any help appreciated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1a303e2f-6cbb-4147-8cdd-2009aa384661/remote-desktop-and-mapped-network-drive-within-home-network-randomly-loses-connectivity?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I lost my wireless connectivity after removing a Patcher.Ao Trojan and a few other malware. I scanned using Malwarebytes with no positives but the Dnsapi.dll from sfc cannot be registered. I'm posting this through my phone as my laptop cannot connect to any networks. Device manager indicates that the network adapter are Code 31. I've attached the FRST and FSS logs from using the tools. I know I have utorrent. I've stopped all Cd emulation software.

A:Lost Net Connectivity after Dnsapi.dll Trojan

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/595308 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595308/lost-net-connectivity-after-dnsapidll-trojan/
Relevancy 49.02%

Dear Friends,
I am having Dell Inspiron 15R 5521 Laptop, which was bought in September'2013. Since than I am facing problems of my wifi networks which has really got worsened in last few days. The main problem is received and failed connectivity while wifi is connected. It also first connects but than starts showing things like connecting, limited, connected and suddenly the bar shows the network is lost.
I am using windows 8.
Please help as it is taking on my nerves now to resolve this.
thanks in advance.

Abhay Kaushik

A:WIFI Continuous lost connectivity

Hi
do you try to update your wireless driver ?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/41854-wifi-continuous-lost-connectivity.html
Relevancy 49.02%

On most recent bootup, my Toshiba Mini-Laptop won't recognize the wireless connection. It worked fine last night. It is model NB-205-N310/BN. The OS is Win XP Home Edition. Message screen states that Windows is no longer managing the wireless connection. Went through process of re-establishing Windows as wireless manager, but it keeps coming back with the same message. I feel like I'm overlooking something simple. Isn't there a "Wireless connection wizard" in WinXP???

A:Wireless connectivity suddenly lost

Google LinksLouis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/409440/wireless-connectivity-suddenly-lost/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am troubleshooting a RAID 5 configuration on a Window XP Pro machine. It was being used for data storage on the network. At some point I lost connectivity to the network drive (RAID)? I also had a network bridge which has disappeared as well? The machine has 2 NIC's installed on it which I don't understand its purpose for 2 NIC's? So as a temporary solution I copied the data on an external hard drive via USB. Then connected it on another machine and made it a shared network Drive. Any suggestion on restoring my RAID 5 array connection and network bridge? I have 3 stations, 3 switches and one Router.

A:Lost connectivity to my RAID 5 configuration

Uhm.. If you lost access to the RAID and the data, how could you copy it to the eternal drive? Or, do you mean that other computers could no longer access the machine with the raid array?

There is a big difference between network access and local access!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-connectivity-to-my-raid-5-configuration.92966/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone I have a WLAN with computers on it Both other computers connect through the Internet to router using when connectivity wi-fi Lost http fine Lost connectivity to wi-fi router when using http but my computer does not ANYMORE The other day I lost my BIOS parameters because the onboard CMOS battery went dead So I reconfigure my setup and I find this problem whenever I use IE or Firefox I lose the connectivity to the router after a few minutes use and my NIC does not manage to re-connect to the network unless I restart the comp NOTE I don t lose the connectivity nor the Internet when I use other applications such as Eudora or other clients eg Pokerstars client Thanks for the help Here is the HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM KB KB EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM LVCOMS EXE C PROGRAM FILES ALCATEL SPEEDTOUCH USB DRAGDIAG EXE C PROGRAM FILES ZONE LABS ZONEALARM ZLCLIENT EXE C PROGRAM FILES USBTOOLBOX RES EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETGEAR WG V WLANCFG EXE D PROGRAM FILES PALMONE HOTSYNC EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES DATAVIZ DVZINCMSGR EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YMSGR TRAY EXE D MYDOCUMENTS HJT HIJACKTHIS EXE O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX O - Toolbar DAP Bar - - FC- baf- C C-BCE BD F - D PROGRAM FILES DAP DAPIEBAR DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run VortexTray C WINDOWS au setp exe O - HKLM Run DXM Patch C WINDOWS p exe Q A O - HKLM Run LVComs C WINDOWS SYSTEM LVComS exe O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot icon O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run USB Storage Toolbox C Program Files USBToolbox Res EXE O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices KB C WINDOWS SYSTEM KB KB EXE O - HKLM RunServices TrueVector C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE -service O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YAHOOMESSENGER EXE quot -quiet O - Startup NETGEAR WG v Wireless Assistant lnk C Program Files NETGEAR WG v wlancfg exe O - Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Startup HotSync Manager lnk D Program Files palmOne Hotsync exe O - Startup DataViz Inc Messenger lnk C Program Files Common Files DataViz DvzIncMsgr exe O - Startup PowerReg Scheduler exe O - Extra context menu item amp Download with amp DAP - D PROGRA DAP dapextie htm O - Extra context menu item Download amp all with DAP - D PROGRA DAP dapextie htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSJAVA DLL O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSJAVA DLL O - Extra button Run DAP - BC-A - A D- CDF-BA C F C - D PROGRA DAP DAP EXE O - Extra button PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - D Program Files PartyPoker PartyPoker exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - D Program Files PartyPoker PartyPoker exe file missing O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YAHOOMESSENGER EXE O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YAHOOMESSENGER EXE O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDO... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-connectivity-to-wi-fi-router-when-using-http.497301/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an Aspire E1-532 that I've been using for about 2 months now with no problems.  OS is Windows 7.  Yesterday morning I could no longer connect to the internet either through wifi or through an ethernet connection.  Other devices (tablet, phone, etc) can connect.  Wifi will connect to my router but I get no internet connection. So far I have tried:1.  Rebooting the modem/router2.  Uninstalling and reinstalling drivers3.  System rollback to a week or two ago in case any updates were causing the issue Any other possible solutions or thoughts on why I'd lose both my wifi connection and ethernet port internet connections?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-E1-532-lost-internet-connectivity/td-p/434810/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi guys I recently did a fresh install on my lost Connectivity Windows after update gf's computer as it was suddenly unable to establish an online connection The error showed in the connection status Connectivity lost after Windows update as the small yellow warning icon at the top left of the connection status icon not the big red X that appears when the machine isn't connected at all Here are the specs OS Windows Connectivity lost after Windows update Ultimate x Mobo Gigabyte GA-X A-UD R Rev CPU Intel i RAM GB Corsair Connectivity lost after Windows update Dominator GT mhz The system is also not overclocked After trying many things reinstalling network drivers flushing DNS trying a different ethernet cable restoring all network settings to default I gave up and did a fresh installation After installation I installed all the usual official drivers then performed a Windows update but only the important updates The connection was back I then decided to install some optional stability updates and after reboot the network problem was back I did a system restore to before I installed the optional updates but the problem persists Any advice as to how I reverse this I have no idea which optional update is causing this or which one to remove first to avoid creating more errors Any help on this would be great as i've been tearing my hair out all day trying to fix it Cheers Ned

A:Connectivity lost after Windows update

Hiyya Ned and welcome mate you might have to go back even further - or at least I would try that.

For the record I have problems with "optionals" too and leave them if don't need them - leave them there or do them one at a time and leave any with network stuff alone for the time being.

I know this could get tedious maybe you need to start from scratch again and what I do in those cases I don't ever download huge quantities of updates at a time.

NOw you might get lucky with either the update history or the event viewer find two that corrrespond and just maybe you have found the culprit.

Another thing you might try to put on is this Download: System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [November 2012] - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/275274-connectivity-lost-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 49.02%

2 days ago, lost all connectivity between Windows 7 and the internet and 32-bit level.

I can still browse using IE 64 bit, but the 32 bit browser, Windows Live Messenger, Office 2007, Warhammer Online, Steam and a whole raft of other applications (inlcuding my Kaspersky anti-virus) cannot see the internet.

So far, chain of events to try and fix:

1. Different network adapter running 64 bit drivers (D-Link DGE560T)
2. Reset Internet options from control panel (both browsers)
3. Tried USB based Wifi connection
4. 3 x System restores to over a week ago (before problem).

Worth adding it's not a router issue, I have tried two different routers and no change, also my other machine, a HP Voodoo Envy 133 which is running the same build of Windows 7 is not experiencing any problems whatsoever.

Does anybody have any ideas? Before I resort to a painful rebuild!

A:Lost all32-bit internet connectivity

In IE 32 bit, go to tools | internet options | connections | lan settings

and remove any checked boxes that are there. Close and reopen the IE try.

Check that your dns is correct by typing

ipconfig /all

from command prompt. There is malware that changes dns settings that can cause this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/15344-lost-all32-bit-internet-connectivity.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a sony viao dual core laptop and all internet connectivity has suddenly ceased I have nothing listed in available networks and am unable to connect to the router even with internect lost vista all connectivity a direct cable connection Every other device in teh house can connect old XP pc and games console Running network sharing I get the notification that The dependency service or group failed to start Running diagnostics identifies that there is a fault but not what or where This is affecting both wired and wireless connection Vista sp was installed automatically on th September it vista lost all internect connectivity all went tits up on th so I don t think I can point the finger at sp I previously had a vpn set up listed for connection to my work network but that is missing from the connections tab in internet connections I get the feeling that there is a dll that is either corrupt or missing but I m just guessing on that score I tried ipcongfig all and it responded that the media was disconected amongst the numbers and stuff The last thing I remember being installed was an adobe update for adobe reader It also takes an age to boot up perviously it was reasonable quick but now it takes longer than boiling the kettle for a cup of tea Any thoughts or advice the machine is months old nbsp

A:vista lost all internect connectivity

Taking ages to boot indicates that the networking may be only one problem of many. Try the following repairs.

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista.

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

If you still cannot get a connection, try Safe Mode with Networking.

If you still cannot get a connection, try to connect both wireless and ethernet and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-lost-all-internect-connectivity.750839/
Relevancy 49.02%

Every time I close the lid on my laptop and then open it later I lose internet connectivity and have to restart the computer. How can I fix this? Thank you.

A:connectivity lost when I close the laptop

just to add more info to my last post, i am using an HP ENVY m6 Entertainment PC. It doesn't seem to matter what browser I use, I have tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer. Sorry, I know other info will be needed but I have no idea what. Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32988-connectivity-lost-when-i-close-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I have a Netgear Wireless G Router WGR614v9 which has hitherto allowed me wireless connectivity with my PS3 for a couple of years. Suddenly, this connectivity has gone and when I scan for networks on the PS3 it picks up a Thomson device (which I assume is from the house next door) but no sign of my Netgear SSID. It tells me that no connectivity may be due to wrong SSID or poor signal strength (I haven't moved my router). I would at least have thought the PS3 would pick up my Netgear! I have tried to set it up manually on the PS3 but with no joy. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks in anticipation

Relevancy 49.02%

A friend of mine recently had his son upgrade his Windows ME machine to Windows XP Everything worked fine after the initial upgrade but many security updates came down the wire later and after they were all complete he could no longer connect to the internet Here s what s I ve done to try and narrow the cause of the problem down haven t tried everything I can think of because it takes forever to tell someone what to do over the phone Had Connectivity upgrades Lost after Internet XP him run cmd gt ipconfig His computer is being assigned a proper IP address and his computer gateway IP address is correct as well I had him attempt to ping his default gateway It gave Lost Internet Connectivity after XP upgrades him an error code response After looking up this error code it suggests that a software firewall might be blocking But there isn t a firewall running on the PC No Zone Alarm nor was Zone Alarm ever on the PC as far as I know Not even the built in firewall that is included with XP is enabled What should I try next nbsp

A:Lost Internet Connectivity after XP upgrades

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Make and model of the broadband modem.
Make and model of the router.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make/model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2, Vista, etc.

On any problem computer, I'd also like to see this:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connectivity-after-xp-upgrades.655139/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all

I'm running two PC's and a laptop on a home network (1 PC has Vista, the other PC and laptop is XP) via a Linksys WAG gateway. Up until Thursday everything was running fine and internet access no problem. On Thursday I switched a PC on but although network is fine, I can't access the internet. I've tried all the machines on the network and can't get access with any. One message I got was 'cannot communicate with DNS server'. I've re-booted the gateway/router and re-set it but it makes no difference. My ISP (Vispa) recently told me that my static IP address would need to be changed. I've done this but don't know whether this has caused a problem (I've contacted the ISP and await a response) - the DNS addresses haven't changed. Any help would be much appreciated.

Phil

Relevancy 49.02%

Hoping someone can shed some light on a lost internet connection please System is Acer win -bit with ie browser Browser has been acting slow to open web pages and displays 'cannot open web page' quite frequently Decided to uninstall ie via Progs amp Features etc and assumed ie would default to ie as suggested by some websites Wrong Or in this case anyway I have lost all internet connection So this is what I've tried so far System Restore Reset Router Netgear DG GT Rebooted Router amp factory reset Checked all cables amp filters - all ok Opened Network sharing center - disabled amp enabled LAN amp Wireless network connection Ran connectivity Internet traffic lost CMD - netsh in tip reset c resetlog txt to reset TCP IP Ran CMD to Ping - DESTINATION NET UNREACHABLE message Ran Network Diagnostic Internet traffic connectivity lost Tool - THE CONNECTION BETWEEN ACCESS POINT ROUTER OR MODEM AND INTERNET IS BROKEN message So the network gateway DG GT Router is I'm assuming accessible but Windows can't receive traffic from Internet Finally ran Network Adaptor Troubleshooter which informed me The Wireless connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration So I'm wondering if it's as simple as IE having been 'Lost' from my system or a missing Router path Any ideas will be very welcome Thanks

A:Internet traffic connectivity lost

Make sure you have it enabled:

You can't connect via internet explorer or any other browser to the internet?

System Restore wont work so could you try an sfc /scannow in command prompt window

You could try a repair install

Did you try typing internet explorer, internet, or ie into the search bar (provided you have it enabled. If you don't, then look for it in programs)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/195368-internet-traffic-connectivity-lost.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Have problem with my Atheros chipset Blue tooth setup. Couple days ago electricity cutoff so PC shut-down! Restarting I no longer have Blue tooth. Tried to reset but nothing there, though driver updaters reports there is one there! What can I do now? Resorted my mobile connected via USB. Not very handy!
Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-blue-tooth-connectivity.1156645/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,

I've instaled TuneUp Utilities on my PC. It was working fine. Then I've run some optimisations and now I don't have an internet connection.

I've tried all the fixes in the site, but nothing works.

Here is the info:

" Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . :
%.`#(-PC Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter %'&(g- ,`%&." "`j'* :

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 94-39-E5-28-84-C2
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.100(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, April 04, 2015 3:05:19 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, April 04, 2015 5:26:48 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled"
Please save me!

A:Unidentified network / Limited Connectivity to a wireless network

moved to network forum

those utilities can often cause issues - if they do a registry clean-up - not recommended

lets start with a tcp/ip reset

------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista - Windows 7 - Windows 8 and Windows 10

For Windows Vista through to Windows 10Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):For Windows 8 To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter
Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter
Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied
This often occurs with windows 8

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility
also the link has a Microsoft Fix it , which will do the above for you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/unidentified-network-limited-connectivity-to-a-wireless-network-979730.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Computer Info year old IBM Stinkpad x OS Windows Se NIC Com Megahertz Lan CardBus w XJACK Connector Router Lynksys not sure of model Current Network Settings DHCP active and issuing correct addresses DNS address set correctly per our IT Manager I apologize in advance for the length of this entry I have been working on this for days and have about hours into this I have involved my IT Manager and a couple of others whom I respect their knowledge internet ftp connectivity Solved: via to http Lost or So far Solved: Lost connectivity to internet via http or ftp no help Then I found this site Long story short daughter in Florida broke her dongle on her NIC A friend gave us a Xircom card and dongle stating that he thought is would work I removed my Com card and inserted the Xircom and loaded all the appropriate drivers Laptop indicated that everything was working properly but I could not do anything with the card I removed it and the drivers and reinstalled my Com card and dongle As of the re-install I can ping my router and www yahoo com However when I bring up either IE or Mozilla Firefox I can not get to ANY website I can not even get to the GUI on my router with this computer I have other computers using this connection and they all work perfectly I downloaded the last available drivers for the Com card and uninstalled it and networking on the laptop I then shut down and restarted and reinstalled networking I shut down again and restarted with the NIC in place and it appears to have installed correctly I still can NOT reach the outside world through any browser or through my FTP program that I use WS FTP Pro One point of interest I can connect to all of the other computers in my home network setup with no problems I just can not get past the router on this laptop I have checked all setting on the router and they are correct as I stated all of the other computers are working I have tried using a static IP address and DHCP I have tried the DNS address the other computers are using and the ones listed in the router configuration Last thankfully I took the computer to work and set it up for DHCP and entered the business DNS server information I can now ping almost anything by name but STILL can not get anywhere with HTTP or FTP I have deleted and replaced all the files I can identify and I have made a detailed scan of the registry I have run virus scans spyware scans a quot thorough quot scandisk and everything else I can think of to run nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Internet connection was lost after a recent program download that some had flagged with suspcious nature. A static IP address had been established through a Netgear (WNDR3300) router with an antiquated Netopia modem. Static address/Defaut gateway has always began as: 192.168..... After connection loss, reset (or so I think) IPv4 properties back to: Obtain IP address automatically and have received an IP address as: 169.254.172.83. Also have not been able to access router or modem settings/configurations page(s). Thanks for any advice or instructions available.

A:Lost Internet Connectivity After Shady Download

Is it possible you have a virus or malware now - have you run any scans at all

is the router setup to give DHCP - otherwise you need a static IP - that IP of 169.254 is windows assigned IP when it cant find a dhcp service

check that the dhcp service is running - see below

post an ipconfig /all here
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7.

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
The please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Post back the results here
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

Post back the results here
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Services}
post back the status - started/stopped and automatic/manual
Check your Services are Started on all PCs:

COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations only)
WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations only)
Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic (or perhaps manual).

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running.

Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.
Start > control panel > administrative tools > event Viewer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connectivity-after-shady-download.974975/
Relevancy 48.59%

I uninstalled and reinstalled Norton Antivirus 2005 (disk). Now I have no internet connection.

I have cable internet with a Linksys router which works fine with the other two computers in the household. The computer's OS is XP Media Center Edition. Under network connections it now says, "Local Area Connection, Network Cable Unplugged" The ethernet connection to the router is not unplugged.

I tried system restore to the previous day and it says that nothing has been changed since then. I uninstalled Norton Antivirus 2005 again using Norton 360 and installed the Norton 360 software. No luck.

I've disabled firewalls. No luck.

I reinstalled the network adaptor drivers (Intel Pro/100 VE Network Connection and Intel ProSet Application). No luck.

I suspect that Norton changed my registry. I don't trust myself making registry changes with no guidance.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Friends,
I have Windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron 1545. Most of the time when I put my laptop to sleep and restart it Wifi network connectivity is lost and I have to click the 'Wifi Signal' icon in the system taskbar and click on my network name and click connect to regain connectivity. I have gone to 'Power Management' tab and cleared 'Allow Windows to turn off this device to save power' option as suggested by most posts but it has done nothing to help me. But sometimes even after a long sleep the laptop immediately connects back to the network and sometimes even if I just close the lid and open it after a few seconds network connectivity is lost. Please help.

A:Wifi connectivity lost after sleep mode

Going into device manager and unchecking the power saver on the adaptor itself has fixed this problem in the past. Or maybe putting check marks in both places will help, hard to say because they all react different to this adjustment.

It's considered to be a driver problem so updating or finding a better driver for your network adaptor might help but unchecking the power saving feature can also work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/121329-wifi-connectivity-lost-after-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi

I'm having trouble with an external hard drive which connects via USB. The drive now very rarely gets recognised and the drive letter does not appear in the directory.

I have uninstalled all the USB controllers and let windows reinstall them however this has not solved the problem. I have also done a system restore back about two weeks which is when the problem started however this has also not solved it.

I have also scanned the drive for problems. I do not get this problem when the drive is plugged into another laptop using another lead.

Any thoughts? I'm running Windows 7.
Regards

A:External hard drive connectivity lost

This is one of the more common problems we see here. The key information is that the drive is recognized fine in other PCs.

This indicates that your USB ports are underpowered. This is a defect and/or fault in the motherboard in your laptop which, unfortunately, is all too common also. USB specs require a minimum 5v power output. If the output drops below 5v the drive does not engage.

You can try different USB ports. Sometimes it is just one port that is faulting.

You can test to see if the problem only exists on battery power, and goes away if the power supply is plugged in.
As a workaround you could purchase a powered USB hub. They also make a 2-port connector that will double the power supply that sometimes works.

But don't get too involved with toying with the OS. I doubt that is where the problem lies based upon the results you posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230871-external-hard-drive-connectivity-lost.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Dell Dimension which was connecting to the Internet via Netgear WG v wireless USB adapter I also have a Dell Insprion using lost after connectivity Windows Wireless Update an Internal network card no problems Both running Windows XP Router is BT Voyager After doing a Windows Update I had problems with internet connectivity limited or no connectivity Reinstalled the Netgear drivers via laptop connection no joy Tried manually setting up IP address and it could see the router but would not bring up the Internet Did a system restore to just before the Windows Update and Internet came back but then had problems with itunes quicktime A Wireless connectivity lost after Windows Update knowledgeable Wireless connectivity lost after Windows Update friend thought it best then to do the Windows Update and the Internet connection again disappeared but now I cannot do a system restore Am able to connect to router with an Ethernet cable Thought maybe the Netgear was faulty so I ve now installed a Belkin Wireless G desktop card Initially this found the router but with limited or no connectivity After a reboot the Belkin cannot even see the router cmd line says Media disconnected but after complete reinstall of Belkin using latest software from Belkin website no joy In desperation I ve restarted the Netgear which comes up with Limited or no connectivity still ipconfig all shown below Host name Arthur Primary DNS Suffix - Node Type - Unknown IP Routing Enabled - No WINS Proxy Enabled - No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media state - Media Disconnected Description - Belkin g Network Adapter Physical address - - - F- - F- Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection specific DNS suffix - Description - Netgear WG v Mbps Wireless USB Adapter Physical adreess - - F-B -CD- - Dhcp enabled - Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled - Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address - Subnet mask - Default gateway - If I try to ping the router on the request times out Laptop ipconfig all below Host name - Larry Primary DNS suffix - Node type - unknown IP routing enabled - No WINS Proxy enabled - No DNS suffix search list - home Ethernet adapter Network Bridge network bridge Connection specific DNS suffix - Description - MAC Bridge Miniport Physical adreess - - - D- E- -D Dhcp enabled - Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled - Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address - Subnet mask - Default gateway - DHCP Server - DNS Servers - Lease obtained - Dec Lease Expires - Dec I set up a network bridge on the laptop to enable me to connect our XBox to the internet via a bridge - don t know if that s significant This morning I connected the Wii to the router wirelessly - no problem Any suggestions greatly appreciated Sorry for the lengthy post nbsp

A:Wireless connectivity lost after Windows Update

Try a winsock repair per;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259/en-us

http://www.spychecker.com/download/download_winsockxpfix.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connectivity-lost-after-windows-update.118558/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi i downloaded dds scr and pasted onto desktop it is listed as an autocad script when i run it I get this quot MZ L This program cannot be run in DOS mode iFQ B k l D j f - wJ lnZh g A A PE L K l k w with but ie firefox not LOst opera internet connectivity p I o E K s - v t ZZ L amp amp K r' n B w ' f w v l B W F G u r u s u s r F tt u u u A u s u LOst internet connectivity with ie opera but not firefox s v B GIu c w L J G lt w u f LOst internet connectivity with ie opera but not firefox tE P G LOst internet connectivity with ie opera but not firefox t y GPG WH U t PTj SW XPTPSW Xa D j u K n X p P h T quot h i j o h lt X g X o o x o x x o o o x x o x o x V S V E R S I O N I N F O S t r i n g F i l e I n f o e X C o m m e n t n o n i n v a s i v e d i a g n o s t i c s c a n n e r C o m p a n y N a m e S w e a r w a r e T F i l e D e s c r i p t i o n D D S D o e s n ' t D o S q u a t lt F i l e V e r s i o n I n t e r n a l N a m e d d s e x e L e g a l C o p y r i g h t s U B s O r i g i n a l F i l e N a m e d d s e x e P r o d u c t N a m e D D S D V a r F i l e I n f o T r a n s l a t i o n lt xml version quot quot encoding quot UTF- quot standalone quot yes quot gt lt assembly xmlns quot urn schemas-microsoft-com asm v quot manifestVersion quot quot gt lt assemblyIdentity version quot quot processorArchitecture quot X quot name quot Nullsoft NSIS exehead quot type quot win quot gt lt description gt Nullsoft Install System v lt description gt lt dependency gt lt dependentAssembly gt lt assemblyIdentity type quot win quot name quot Microsoft Windows Common-Controls quot version quot quot processorArchitecture quot X quot publicKeyToken quot b ccf df quot language quot quot gt lt dependentAssembly gt lt dependency gt lt trustInfo xmlns quot urn schemas-microsoft-com asm v quot gt lt security gt lt requestedPrivileges gt lt requestedExecutionLevel level quot requireAdministrator quot uiAccess quot false quot gt lt requestedPrivileges gt lt security gt lt trustInfo gt lt compatibility xmlns quot urn schemas-microsoft-com compatibility v quot gt lt application gt lt supportedOS Id quot b a- d - fbd- e d-a f a quot gt lt supportedOS Id quot e - - c -a fe- deee d f quot gt lt application gt lt compatibility gt lt assembly gt - - - '- - gt - L- - l- z- - - - - - - - KERNEL DLL ADVAPI dll COMCTL dll GDI dll ole dll SHELL dll USER dll VERSION dll LoadLibraryA GetProcAddress VirtualProtect VirtualAlloc VirtualFree ExitProcess RegEnumKeyA SetBkMode CoTaskMemFree ShellExecuteA GetDC VerQueryValueA NullsoftInst f N ysH Mo QG f g s J T n c - l y quot t j o i E Q f N s M K l VP q YQ oS br i q s gOW Q p F a cG lt qFk v gt BZ w Z J L k B br w r x b quot m z iG qg z Kl D kE EY A ' o ' PN gt v QEa u g L lt B o quot S A m br I quot O e p N Z amp lt V ls f l k R zG L O H lt br gt a LVa H s C A Q n U H B ' z quot IU u v z a b S t N F W s lt d d br I C E d m J cC ' R K Q C O amp D v br LZ T ex n L S vJ amp j t V U JP F br gO s TNO c B Ng lt u br w f b L gt s amp d v K T Y I y amp f u n quot c P br 'R Yn UCO gGN n g vo W D JE y -q J amp w C NT c R amp t tE b r U Ha ' b ' - p U sda w Uy Zk B e amp d R w X KV RP p quot U b G h T hc gt quot o s G x IZ W I u s C quot b Yg m qG x gt b U D gc F' J ewX gt amp m GE lt p m X QCU zw p l c lt gt I Jp mF uD b O I B Xq A L P gt Di gt o Y p P C AL p eE A YC i S K t K wT x B JdJf Z B G lt z F I G - J k Zlx O v GZ M p b u yn b X amp n - M m w k r D Q l F B p lB b - F G nBm i f Br he x e n B - N F- W ' l E Z gt E Ii u z KZy T V wP p f Yu b X zD Hq wdD gt V l z b E w y v t w X Z e z Y K x 'X T U lt LG P c M d z B h H G J cZ a d K l t n Y m P N gt D c w L z v p O i U u ' d l gt u u j p a r GJ w quot - y pE quot W B iI t x s w P quot B I lt k I j Z l r Y e p uA D gt E n m DmDz k t quot w D R e K s o z lt t x m U I p F g lt DX Y c f a H j K XT M M XBa S O L R z qL t b t G L ev A Q xd D quot T N RK f UZu z p n H g SP z W N L amp amp z A lt k N mp b q rH yq Qi Q M gt amp W j vE i Y r w IZ Q i e lt X u K w Z z lK N I i ... Read more

A:LOst internet connectivity with ie opera but not firefox

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

Please download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.Run AdwCleaner and select Scan
Once the Scan is done, select Clean
Once done it will ask to reboot, please allow the reboot.
On reboot, a log will be produced. It can also be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C#].txt
Please copy/paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
Make sure the Addition.txt button is ticked.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/lost-internet-connectivity-with-ie-opera-but-not-firefox-1108442.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi i have lost connectivity with ie and opera this is I think a registry problem here is hijack this report Any help appreciated Peter Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v FIREFOX firefox but with LOst not connectivity ie internet opera x en-US Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x SAMSUNG EasySpeedUpManager EasySpeedUpManager exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip LOst internet connectivity with ie opera but not firefox exe C Program Files x Samsung LOst internet connectivity with ie opera but not firefox Samsung Recovery Solution WCScheduler exe C Program Files x Samsung Easy Display Manager dmhkcore exe C Program Files x Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService exe C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Support Center SSCKbdHk exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Program Files x LG Soft India EasySetPackage bin EasySetPackage exe C Program Files x Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files x AVG Av avgui exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x AVG Framework Common avguix exe C Program Files x LG Soft India EasySetPackage bin TestDDCCI exe C windows SysWOW ctfmon exe C Users a Downloads OperaSetup exe C Users a Downloads OperaSetup exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Opera opera exe C Program Files x Opera opera crashreporter exe C Program Files x Opera opera exe C Program Files x Opera opera exe C Program Files x Opera opera exe C Program Files x Opera opera exe C Program Files x Opera opera exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Users a Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com - Hotmail Outlook Skype Bing Latest News Photos amp Videos R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com - Hotmail Outlook Skype Bing Latest News Photos amp Videos R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com - Hotmail Outlook Skype Bing Latest News Photos amp Videos R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt -loopback gt lt local gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO no name - AutorunsDisabled - no file O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS Plugins IEPlugin contributeieplugin dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO Logitech SetPoint - AF - - - EC-D C - C Program Files Logitech SetPointP -bit SetPointSmooth dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Adblock Plus for IE Browser Helper Object - FFCB - F - E B- - ED - C Program Files Adblock Plus for IE AdblockPlus dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS Plugins IEPlugin contributeieplugin dll O - HKLM Run AVG UI quot C Program Files x... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-internet-connectivity-with-ie-opera-but-not-firefox-1108042.html
Relevancy 48.59%

After a blue screen I got a glimpse of the problem a driver failed but I was unable to get the full message in XP is there log that traps all the startup crash messages like in UNIX If so I would like to read the crash is there a utility to read a crash or is it a text file I believe the Broadcom x driver may be the problem I'd like to simply replace the driver with a new one and see if connectivity is restored I've gone to Broadcom's web site but cannot find blue screen internet after connectivity lost a replacement the current driver is quot bcm sbxp sys quot Ver how can I find a replacement What I've done thus far is run ipconfig it shows an IP address run SBC Yahoo troubleshooter which comes back after a few minutes and indicates it has trouble with the internet connection big help that is run quot netshell quot utility to reset the TCP IP stack I still have no internet connection

A:lost internet connectivity after blue screen

Hi martino

System errors are usually trapped in the system event logs. You can view these with the Event Viewer tool = go to Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Event Viewer. You can reach these tools in Safe Mode, when the system won't successfully boot normally.

If your Broadcom Network component is integrated onto your motherboard, you should be able to download a fresh driver by visiting the website of the motherboard manufacturer.

If the problem persists after reinstalling your Broadcom drivers - have you recently suffered from a virus attack? If yes - scan again as thoroughly as possible - in Safe Mode if necessary, and if a severe infection is present, try following the 5-Step Security Checklist over in the Security forums here at Tech Support Forums http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=15968

If the system proves clean, and a new driver doesn't help, try using the WinsockXPfix utility as a quick-fix --- http://www.majorgeeks.com/WinSock_XP_Fix_d4372.html --- the program will offer to make backups before it changes things - this is a smart step to take.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-internet-connectivity-after-blue-screen-123265.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys. A little help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Got a domain here at work, all workstations members in it. One PC, though, has recently started to lose connectivity to the LAN and internet, randomly, every few hours. The strange thing is that it pings totally ok to everything I try pinging to (the DNS server, exchange server, other workstations, etc.). One restart solves the problem untill the next connection loss (logging out, however, does not).

Even tried to put in a new LAN card - didn't do any good.

If anyone needs more detail I'd be happy to give it.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot some important details. I'm on WIN2000 SP4, using an on-board Intel 10/100 ethernet adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connectivity-to-lan-randomly-lost-despite-proper-pings.641240/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi i downloaded dds scr and pasted onto desktop it is listed as an autocad with not LOst firefox internet ie but opera connectivity script when i run it I get this quot MZ L This program cannot be run in DOS mode iFQ B k l D LOst internet connectivity with ie opera but not firefox j f - wJ lnZh g A A PE L K l k w p I o E K s - v t ZZ L amp amp K r' n B w ' f w v l B W F G u r u s u s r F tt u u u A u s u s v B GIu c w L J G lt w u f tE P G t y GPG WH U t PTj SW XPTPSW Xa D j u K n X p P h T quot h i j o h lt X g X o o x o x x o o o x x o x o x V S V E R S I O N I N F O S t r i n g F i l e I n f o e X C o m m e n t n o n i n v a s i v e d i a g n o s t i c s c a n n e r C o m p a n y N a m e S w e a r w a r e T F i l e D e s c r i p t i o n D D S D o e s n ' t D o S q u a t lt F i l e V e r s i o n I n t e r n a l N a m e d d s e x e L e g a l C o p y r i g h t s U B s O r i g i n a l F i l e N a m e d d s e x e P r o d u c t N a m e D D S D V a r F i l e I n f o T r a n s l a t i o n lt xml version quot quot encoding quot UTF- quot standalone quot yes quot gt lt assembly xmlns quot urn schemas-microsoft-com asm v quot manifestVersion quot quot gt lt assemblyIdentity version quot quot processorArchitecture quot X quot name quot Nullsoft NSIS exehead quot type quot win quot gt lt description gt Nullsoft Install System v lt description gt lt dependency gt lt dependentAssembly gt lt assemblyIdentity type quot win quot name quot Microsoft Windows Common-Controls quot version quot quot processorArchitecture quot X quot publicKeyToken quot b ccf df quot language quot quot gt lt dependentAssembly gt lt dependency gt lt trustInfo xmlns quot urn schemas-microsoft-com asm v quot gt lt security gt lt requestedPrivileges gt lt requestedExecutionLevel level quot requireAdministrator quot uiAccess quot false quot gt lt requestedPrivileges gt lt security gt lt trustInfo gt lt compatibility xmlns quot urn schemas-microsoft-com compatibility v quot gt lt application gt lt supportedOS Id quot b a- d - fbd- e d-a f a quot gt lt supportedOS Id quot e - - c -a fe- deee d f quot gt lt application gt lt compatibility gt lt assembly gt - - - '- - gt - L- - l- z- - - - - - - - KERNEL DLL ADVAPI dll COMCTL dll GDI dll ole dll SHELL dll USER dll VERSION dll LoadLibraryA GetProcAddress VirtualProtect VirtualAlloc VirtualFree ExitProcess RegEnumKeyA SetBkMode CoTaskMemFree ShellExecuteA GetDC VerQueryValueA NullsoftInst f N ysH Mo QG f g s J T n c - l y quot t j o i E Q f N s M K l VP q YQ oS br i q s gOW Q p F a cG lt qFk v gt BZ w Z J L k B br w r x b quot m z iG qg z Kl D kE EY A ' o ' PN gt v QEa u g L lt B o quot S A m br I quot O e p N Z amp lt V ls f l k R zG L O H lt br gt a LVa H s C A Q n U H B ' z quot IU u v z a b S t N F W s lt d d br I C E d m J cC ' R K Q C O amp D v br LZ T ex n L S vJ amp j t V U JP F br gO s TNO c B Ng lt u br w f b L gt s amp d v K T Y I y amp f u n quot c P br 'R Yn UCO gGN n g vo W D JE y -q J amp w C NT c R amp t tE b r U Ha ' b ' - p U sda w Uy Zk B e amp d R w X KV RP p quot U b G h T hc gt quot o s G x IZ W I u s C quot b Yg m qG x gt b U D gc F' J ewX gt amp m GE lt p m X QCU zw p l c lt gt I Jp mF uD b O I B Xq A L P gt Di gt o Y p P C AL p eE A YC i S K t K wT x B JdJf Z B G lt z F I G - J k Zlx O v GZ M p b u yn b X amp n - M m w k r D Q l F B p lB b - F G nBm i f Br he x e n B - N F- W ' l E Z gt E Ii u z KZy T V wP p f Yu b X zD Hq wdD gt V l z b E w y v t w X Z e z Y K x 'X T U lt LG P c M d z B h H G J cZ a d K l t n Y m P N gt D c w L z v p O i U u ' d l gt u u j p a r GJ w quot - y pE quot W B iI t x s w P quot B I lt k I j Z l r Y e p uA D gt E n m DmDz k t quot w D R e K s o z lt t x m U I p F g lt DX Y c f a H j K XT M M XBa S O L R z qL t b t G L ev A Q xd D quot T N RK f UZu z p n H g SP z W N L amp amp z A lt k N mp b q rH yq Qi Q M gt amp W j vE i Y r w IZ Q i e lt X u K w Z z lK N I i amp F E q - f - D pT ZPU v VOY R K U gt j z R a r - g a C zgb quot ix Vt W j G O Ps a w O n y R ReF E g H PB R n d... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/lost-internet-connectivity-with-ie-opera-but-not-firefox-1108442.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Please help,
I've recently moved house and since then I cannot connect to the Internet wirelessly the access is described as 'limited connectivity' I can surf if directly attached to the Ethernet cable but I just cannot get wifi.
I've tried multiple you tube videos and still no closer- is anyone able to help??
I have other computers connected wirelessly so I presume the problem is in my computers setting somewhere!
I would be really grateful for some advise and help.
I'm not totally computer minded so you may need to explain in some depth!! ;o)
THANK YOU!

Relevancy 48.59%

I had my HTPC up and running last night watched a movie turned it off and went to bed When I woke up this morning I found that I couldn't get any sound while playing videos through my web browsers thinking it might be a video card issue I first checked some of my movies but they also wouldn't play with sound so I deleted my nvidia files and reinstalled them No luck on one restart I lost my internet connection with my router If I look inside the Buffalo's settings I can see my HTPC's IP address after running ipconfig all on the htpc I did a system restore but that didn't work I even went so far as to do a clean install of Windows on the HTPC but that also didn't work I keep getting the yellow triangle and the message quot unknown network quot PC connectivity internet lost connection Networked The HTPC tells me to check my router which I have restarted a number of times unplugging the cable modem and the Buffalo Turn on the cable modem get it online then plug in the Buffalo but nothing works I have tried switching ethernet cables ports but no luck Any ideas Help Thanks in advance Both HTPC and Desktop are running WIn bit

A:Networked PC lost connection internet connectivity

Hello,

Can you copy and paste the ipconfig /all into here?

Also, right click Computer and select manager. Go to device manager on the left hand side. Do any of the devices have exclamation marks next to them or say unknown?

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/194917-networked-pc-lost-connection-internet-connectivity.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Previous hardware set up:
IDSL Modem/Router
2 local PC's (one XP, one 2000Pro), each connected via Ethernet directly to router. Worked fine.

Added a Netgear wireless router MR814 to handle daughter's new laptop with wireless connection. Wireless is also connected to Modem/router LAN.

Laptop connects fine wireless or wired, however neither wired machine can connect to the internet! Spent countless hours with Covad Tech Support. Since we can connect laptop, their circuit/modem/router appears fine. No one can explain loss of connectivity with wired machines. We know the cables are good, which points to the network cards - however what are the odds two network connections (integrated in each desktop PC) go bad simultaneously? Slim and none is my guess but we're open to ideas.

A:Added wireless router; lost wired connectivity

First off do the wired systems have a little tray icon showing a connection to the router?

I will ask another rather obvious question...

Did you shut off and disconnect the wireless Netgear and reset both computers and the IDSL router and see if the wired systems work fine without the Netgear device in?

If so its the Netgear device fudging up the works and is incompatible for whatever reason.

Somethings you can try are

Leaving the wired systems OFF and turning them on after the Netgear wireless connection and the laptop are up and running

Trying to connect the systems to the router in different orders after everything is shut off and reset.

And thats about it, odd things happen and odd solutions work. Especially when it comes to high speed internet, you would not believe the number of strange things I've had to do to get my friends high speed internet systems up and running.

Good Luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/added-wireless-router-lost-wired-connectivity.319442/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all new to the forum so upfront let me say I appreciate any help solving problem I'm not sure if it's a OS issue network issue or what I've been trying to solve for three weeks now and everything I try fails to solve it Every Days, Internet Freezes - 2 Every Connectivity Lost PC Stumped to days like clockwork my PC's network wifi adapter loses connectivity to router This coincided with upgrading to Verizon Quantum BUT because the way the PC reacts after losing wifi Stumped - Lost Internet Connectivity Every 2 Days, PC Freezes connection I am deducing that it's something with my PC If for instance I lose connectivity at am and try to restart my PC many hours later I've found the PC locked up No mouse at times unable to open up the wireless adapter software D-Link Wireless AC unable to click on icons and unable to restart normally I have to push and hold start button I've even removed the network adapter from USB port and I've used several to see if that was the issue and no joy It's just mind-boggling that it's consistently every couple Stumped - Lost Internet Connectivity Every 2 Days, PC Freezes days I have run virus malware scans using SuperAntiSpyware Professional CCCleaner ADWCleaner and even tdsskiller All clean I have looked at Event Viewer but frankly am unable to put and together I'm almost positive all of my drivers are up to date as is Windows updates My educated guess is that there is some service that is in conflict with something else but I really have no idea and have looked through tons of forum string to no avail So I'm begging for someone to help guide me through some troubleshooting to resolve this For what it's worth I upload weather data to wunderground com and if I'm at work and not in front of this PC I know when the connection is lost because it stops reporting One other thing I've noticed that when I restart my PC normally it takes a good to minutes to shut down and restart Here are the PC details Windows bit Intel quad core i - Ghz GB RAM Radeon HD Corsair SSD GB D-Link Wireless AC good signal strength using G WPA- I can upload logs from Event Viewer or anything else but may need some hand holding through that process Thank y'all again so very much for any help in trying to solve this

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611417/stumped-lost-internet-connectivity-every-2-days-pc-freezes/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have lost http (browser only) connectivity.

Neither IE 9 nor FireFox 6 nor Chrome can reach any websites,

However, MagicJack and Skype work fine which, to me,
means that the box's internet protocol is fine.

What can I do to fix that problem ?

A:I lost http connectivity but skype and magicjack work OK

Quote: Originally Posted by arealnoob

I have lost http (browser only) connectivity.

Neither IE 9 nor FireFox 6 nor Chrome can reach any websites,

However, MagicJack and Skype work fine which, to me,
means that the box's internet protocol is fine.

What can I do to fix that problem ?

Any chance we can get your system specs and network setup my crystal ball is in for repair.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/193389-i-lost-http-connectivity-but-skype-magicjack-work-ok.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My mother's computer periodically loses internet connectivity. This happens regardless of the browser (IE or Firefox). She must restart her computer to get access again. This happens regardless of her internet connection. She uses verizon at her home and accesses through my wireless router when visiting. This also happens if she is on a public access network such as a hospital.

Her OS is Windows Vista.

It is not a problem with high memory usage. There are no other processes or applications running when this happens.

Any ideas how to fix it?

I'm pretty good at following instructions but don't know where to start...

Thanks for any help you can provide.

A:Internet Connectivity Lost and Must Restart Computer for Access

Happens with both wireless and ethernet connections?

Please show for a good connection and for when internet access has been lost ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connectivity-lost-and-must-restart-computer-for-access.1033306/
Relevancy 48.16%

Folks:

I need advice on the implications of setting up a VPN and any impact that might have on the winsock file.

I'm running win2000 Pro on a P4. I successfully created a VPN but the next time I booted up, I had no internet connectivity. Ultimately, tech support came out and said the winsock file was not present. He rebuilt it but now I'm afraid to set up the VPN again. There definetly seemed to be a causal relationship between setting up the VPN and losing connectivity. (or else it was a pretty severe coincidence)

I found the following MS discussion that may explain what happened:
support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;247146

However, I'm not techincally astute enough to proceed.

Any insights you can provide would be very appreciated.

thanks

Alan
Kissimmee FL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-reboot-after-connecting-vpn-winsock-was-gone-lost-internet-connectivity.362412/
Relevancy 48.16%

I cannot connect to Internet with either Internet Explorer or Firefox nbsp Windows Home Premium Machine running Microsoft Firewall and Virus protection nbsp Only had Internet Explorer on machine at first Problem started after major update loaded last night nbsp Tried to go back but unable to Checked with both wireless and directly into cable box nbsp Internet provider says that everything looks fine on their end nbsp Am currently using same connection on XP machine which I am composing on with no problems nbsp Everything shows green on connectivity nbsp Diagnosis can find no problems nbsp Tried resetting to default Internet Explorer settings nbsp Loaded Firefox fresh from Flashdrive after download on the XP machine nbsp On Firefox Problem Loading page Unable to connect On Internet Explorer nbsp When I enter a web address directly I get a http and no address valid nbsp When I do a Bing search I get the Bing search character string http www bing com IPv Connectivity nbsp Internet IPv Connectivity nbsp No Network Access Media State nbsp Enabled SSID nbsp My home Internet Windows Connectivity Lost 7 after Major Update network is listed Signal Internet Connectivity Lost after Windows 7 Major Update Quality nbsp bars computer sitting next to router Machine is a Compaq Presario CQ - US Thanks Mike

A:Internet Connectivity Lost after Windows 7 Major Update

Hi,

After checking this issue, I want to confirm if other computers on the same network can access Internet? If your internet connection is OK, In this situation, I would
like to suggest you:

1.  Go to
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting, click
connect to the Internet, see what the result is.
 Since the issue occurs after update. Just check which update applied before the issue occurs and try system restore.
3.  If the issue persists, boot the Safe Mode with networking to have a check, or you could perform a
clean boot to see how it works.
4.  Update the firmware for your router.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Alex ZhaoPlease remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4f25b2fb-874e-4510-833e-c5166c037a2b/internet-connectivity-lost-after-windows-7-major-update?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 47.73%

On the right hand side of the taskbar I have the icons for battery life, volume, internet connection, etc. When I used to put the mouse over the internet connection it would show me who I was connected too (SSID) , signal quality, and speed. I began having some issues so I had to remove my Netgear connection and then reconnect. Ever since I did this all that shows up now when I put the mouse over it is now only says: Netgear and Internet access. How do I get the information back. It shows up on my desktop, but not my laptop.

Relevancy 47.73%

I'm running Windows on an ASUS laptop and typically use Firefox for web access Until May of this year I was using Norton AntiVirus that I paid for through Best Buy when I bought the laptop When that expired I installed the free version of Avira Windows Buzzdock and - 7 removed and lost connectivity Springsmart internet Antivirus and have been using that Windows 7 - removed Buzzdock and Springsmart and lost internet connectivity since A while back I started to notice more ads than I would expect from various websites some of which said Buzzdock in the lower corner My google searches were also being intruded upon by a slew of ads with the tagline Powered by SpringSmart at the bottom of the ads I checked Firefox to see if there were extraneous add-ons running but there were none I went to my control panel and under Uninstall Programs I saw both Buzzdock and Springsmart So I uninstalled them After that I couldn't access the internet I tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer and had no luck Since I have backups of all my important files I decided to do simply do a system recovery reinstall windows using the ASUS System Recovery DVDs that I made about a year ago I Windows 7 - removed Buzzdock and Springsmart and lost internet connectivity tried to run the DVDs five or six times each time it got hung up at and then after a few hours it would eject the DVD and show me a failure message As a next step I tried a System Restore from an old default windows restore point This also failed So I tried a system restore from a very recent restore point That worked so I now have internet access again but Buzzdock and Springsmart are also back It seems to me that I've got a problem but I'm not sure how to address it and after my recent adventures with no web access on the computer I've lost my sense of independent troubleshooting adventure - I'd like to consult with people much more knowledgeable than me So I'd appreciate any advice or direction you can provide first to figure out if I'm infected and then if so what I can do about it Thanks much

A:Windows 7 - removed Buzzdock and Springsmart and lost internet connectivity

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will start. Click "Next" to continue.Click in the following screen "Update" to obtain the latest malware definitions.Once th... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543875/windows-7-removed-buzzdock-and-springsmart-and-lost-internet-connectivity/
Relevancy 47.3%

Last night I came home to find that I had no Internet (sort lost Internet Completely - Modem issue. connectivity Cable of) connection Not uncommon seeing as we have a terrible router-modem combo from Time Warner Usually I just reset the modem and it s back Not this time I tried that a few times and also reset my separate wireless router to no avail My setup is as follows - Windows XP -Bit on the main computer - Time Warner Wireless Router Modem - Linksys Wireless Router on top of that with DD-WRT so I can get a decent wireless signal I ve had intermittent connectivity problems and terrible lag spikes for months so I m used to that but now it seems Completely lost Internet connectivity (sort of) - Cable Modem issue. to be dead in the water Here s a small list of things I did to try to narrow down the problem - Tried multiple computers devices to be sure it wasn t the computer itself None worked - Reset the Time Warner modem and the Linksys router multiple times - Connected directly to the Time Warner modem to be sure the Linksys was not the problem - Tried pinging some websites with the following results From the computer I can ping and connect to the router setup page From the computer I can t ping any outside websites From the router s built in Ping tool I CAN ping outside websites After trying these things multiple times and calling Time Warner - who haplessly suggested I restart the modem again - they decided to try to reboot the router remotely This was a bad idea apparently Once they did it I lost the ability to even connect to the router setup page The tech sounded baffled and wouldn t transfer me to anybody higher so I gave up on him After getting off the phone with the TW helpless desk I tried power cycling the modem again Now I have nothing The lights on the modem are all on like they should be but I can no longer connect to the router setup for it and I can t connect directly to it wirelessly with any of my devices even though the network shows up The only thing I can assume from this is that the hardware is bad somehow and I should go replace it at the TW store but I d like to know if anyone else has experienced anything similar and has a suggestion as to how I might be able to fix it otherwise nbsp

A:Completely lost Internet connectivity (sort of) - Cable Modem issue.

This is clearly an issue that the ISP should solve, I'd call and get a different tech until you can find one that has a brain.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/completely-lost-internet-connectivity-sort-of-cable-modem-issue.951454/
Relevancy 47.3%

I was getting security popups and a quick google search showed that I had one of the sirefef variants I followed the limited antivirus internet and and connectivity functions Removed lost sirefef removal instructions I found on this site TDSSkiller rkill and MBAM and it seems like it removed it Removed sirefef and lost internet connectivity and limited antivirus functions but then after I restarted my computer I lost internet connectivity My computer connects to my home network but it has limited connectivity and reports that it cannot automatically detect the network s proxy settings Also after I went through the removal steps I can t turn on windows firewall and my avast antivirus has limited functionality I Removed sirefef and lost internet connectivity and limited antivirus functions get error stating that it will not be able to protect mail news and that I should check that AvastScv exe is not being blocked by my personal firewall Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance DDS txt is below DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by John at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated C D F - -E C- AA- DAD F SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated C E - -EBB - A A- CA AE B B SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TosCoSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client concentr exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client wfcrun exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows system igfxext exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Users John AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERANTISPYWARE EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k HPHNDUService C Program Files real realplayer update realsched exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox ... Read more

A:Removed sirefef and lost internet connectivity and limited antivirus functions

Hello stroke5 and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I'll be addressing you by your username, if you'd like me to address you by something else, please let me know!I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)

Because of this, you must reply within 3 days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed! I like chocolate chip cookies.Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system or even taking your computer into a repair shop.

Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data and have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________It appears you're infected with an infection known as ZeroAccess.ZeroAccess (Max++) Rootkit (aka: Sirefef) is a sophisticated rootkit that uses advanced technology to hide its presence in a system and can infect both x86 and x64 platforms. ZeroAccess is similar to the TDSS rootkit but has more self-protection mechanisms that can be used to disable anti-virus software resulting in "Access Denied" messages whenever you run a security application. For more specific information about this infection, please refer to:Dissecting the ZeroAccess RootkitZeroAccess / Max++ / Smiscer Crimeware RootkitMAX++ sets its sights on x64 platformsZeroAccess (Max++) RootkitZeroAccess Gets Another UpdateZeroAccess ? an advanced kernel mode rootkitNEXT: One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan and password stealer.This type of infection allows hackers to access and remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it contains any other sensitive information, then from a clean computer, change all passwo... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448349/removed-sirefef-and-lost-internet-connectivity-and-limited-antivirus-functions/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi My Dlink Dir- seems to cabled lost DIR-825, connectivity, fine. works suddenly Solved: Dlink wireless have crapped Solved: Dlink DIR-825, suddenly lost cabled connectivity, wireless works fine. out on me I am looking for things I could do to confirm it has indeed died or if there s some setting that spontaneously changed that would prevent connectivity Yesterday I suddenly lost all internet on PCs running Windows other Vista and other XP connected via cable to my Dlink My other devices on the wireless network of my Dlink still had internet though This network has been up and running for at least a few months I have tried Restarting all of the computers Resetting the Dlink by unplugging and waiting seconds and also by pushing the reset button in the back for seconds Enabling disabling MAC address filtering Tried connecting a Mac as in OS X by cable to see if it was pc specific Mac couldn t connect via cable either PCs connected directly to Modem get to the internet fine so I m thinking it isn t the PC s internal cards taht are the problem Sometimes the PCs will say they are connected to Local and Internet or just Local but they never really are All the lights on the Dlink light up and blink saying that a connection is established Here is the ipconfig all I get while my vista PC is connected to the Dlink C Users Brousseau gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Brou Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C-F - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dce f a ae ca f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-FE- - C-F - - - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Brousseau gt Click to expand Eagerly awaiting your help nbsp

A:Solved: Dlink DIR-825, suddenly lost cabled connectivity, wireless works fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dlink-dir-825-suddenly-lost-cabled-connectivity-wireless-works-fine.1045034/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there Apparently as the result of malware I suddenly received many detected viruses using Avira and Malware Bytes empty All is adapters connections and lost window network network I can no longer All network adapters lost and network connections window is empty access the internet The Network Connections window is completely blank and in the Device Manager every single driver All network adapters lost and network connections window is empty under Network Adapters net Adapter Direct Parallel Intel Pro Wireless Realtek WAN Miniport etc has a yellow exclamation mark I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers In some cases I got a message saying uninstallation is not allowed But in all cases even where I could uninstall and reinstall it didn t help at all I also already tried running regsvr netshell dll regsvr netcfgx dll regsvr netman dll Each routine was successful but didn t help Running quot Start netman start quot gives a response that it is already running Any advice Is there any way around reinstalling XP Will that even help I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro M running XP Professional Any advice is greatly appreciated I have been working on this to no avail for over hours nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi Operating system is Windows Enterprise Edition SP and Office Professional is installed nbsp User clicks one the file opens fine Change one character or a bunch then click SAVE nbsp We get quot There has been a network or file the error. has been file may network a lost be permission connection or network there permission error The network connection may be lost quot If I attempt to save it as a new filename the new filename is written in the shared folder but has a size there has been a network or file permission error. the network connection may be lost of K and the Save As window pops up again nbsp Any attempt to save as ANOTHER name produces the same results K size file written Save As window pops up I found a document from MS that says to save to your desktop or map a new drive but this was working just fine a short time ago This issue happens for only one machine If the same user logins to the different machine and it works Who ever login to the laptop get the same error nbsp Below did not help as nbsp it was for Office and Windows XP https support microsoft com en-us kb https support microsoft com en-us kb https support microsoft com en-us kb What has to be done for this Regards Boopathi

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4eb5d0af-32bb-4640-9691-b90a6406d24c/there-has-been-a-network-or-file-permission-error-the-network-connection-may-be-lost?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 45.15%

I daughter is at LSU and has a new Dell laptop. She can connect to the wireless router in her apartment but cannot get to the web. She can connect to other networks around the campus with no problems. Her roommtes and friends have no problems connecting to the web through her apartment wireless router. She is running Windows 7.

Relevancy 45.15%

Me and networks weren't meant to coexist.

To test whether I have a bad video card on my PC (HP s3700y) or monitor all I did was was take the VGA from the monitor and plug it in my wireless laptop. Now the PC that DID show on the network when the VGA cable was attached does not. Why is the hard-wired PC no longer on the network simply because I disconnected the VGA cable? No other cables or USB devices were changed on either the laptop or PC.

Thanks for the education.

A:VGA and Network Connectivity

My guess is you bumped the ethernet cable and it disloidged from either the router or computer.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/296496-vga-network-connectivity.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I ve had a home wireless network for several years with no problems I have a Dell Dimension computer running Windows XP I have Verizon DSL and was using the Westell modem they originally supplied I have a Dell TrueMobile router A few days ago the modem died Connectivity Network and Verizon supplied a new Westell to replace it I successfully connected this to my computer and established an internet Network Connectivity connection I then carried out Verizon s instructions to bridge the modem I re-connected my router removed the power supply from the router plugged it in again and connected to the internet However every five minutes or so now I lose the connection All the lights on the Network Connectivity modem and the router are still lit and the network quot thinks quot Network Connectivity it s connected If I unplug the router wait seconds or so and plug it in again the connection reestablishes but it only last for five or ten minutes again As you can imagine this is becoming rather frustrating Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this and what the possible solution may be Many thanks nbsp

A:Network Connectivity

I'd upgrade the firmware on the router to the latest available and then reset to factory defaults and reconfigure. It sounds like the router isn't getting along with the modem in bridged mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connectivity.918574/
Relevancy 45.15%

For about a week now my internet connection is lost only on one laptop in my home wireless My phone and other devices work fine When using IE this is the error message I get Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage we can try quot Diagnose Connection Problems quot When I run this sometimes it repairs the connection Then after awhile the connection is lost again When I rerun the diagnose connection problems I get the message quot Windows has detected a problem with the Winsock Provider Catalog on this computer Connectivity Network This catalog allows Network Connectivity programs to communicate with this computer across the network Would you like Windows to reset the catalog to Network Connectivity the default confirguration This computer might need to be restarted to restore network connectivity Yes or No quot Again this happens even after the restart Please help Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by sales at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV avast Antivirus Disabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Giraffic Veoh GirafficWatchdog exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files EeePC ACPI AsEPCMon exe C Program Files EeePC ACPI AsTray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Asus LiveUpdate LiveUpdate exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data IBUpdaterService ibsvc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C program files real realplayer update realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ASUS Eee Docking Eee Docking exe C WINDOWS system igfxext exe C Program Files Oracle JavaFX Runtime bin jqs exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Documents and Settings sales Local Settings Application Data MediaGet mediaget exe C Program Files Motorola MotoConnectService MotoConnectService exe C Documents and Settings sales Application Data Spotify Spotify exe C Program Files Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer veohwebplayer exe C Documents and Settings sales Application Data Spotify Data SpotifyWebHelper exe C Program Files ASUS EeePC Super Hybrid Engine SuperHybridEngine exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files Giraffic Veoh Giraffic exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Motorola MotoConnectService MotoConnect exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files EeePC ACPI AsAcpiSvr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files FixCleaner FixCleaner exe C Program Files BitTorrent BitTorrent exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c documents and settings all users application data real realplayer browserrecor... Read more

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. [/b]If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456209/network-connectivity/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I have been setting up two new machines for our network which is working fine the router etc have no problems - there are around Connectivity Network machines connecting with no problems Set up was going fine until I made a stupid mistake I unplugged the network cable from one machine that didnt require a network connection temporarily and plugged it into a brand new machine I booted this machine and set about setting it Network Connectivity up When I typed ipconfig all I noticed that the machine had the same IP address as the machine I had taken the cable out Network Connectivity of I made my next stupid mistake I panicked and pulled the network cable out of that machine and put it back in the st machine I now have two machines that show IP address the Event log in windows shows the following for the st machine I removed the cable from The system detected the network adapter was disconected from the network and the adapters network configuration was released Then The system detedted the network adapter was connected to the network and has initiated normal operation over the network adapter Then The IP Address lease for the network card with netowrk address xxxxxxxx has been denied by the DHCP server I have tried all sorts to try and reconnect the machine to the network but it has failed I have tried Assigning a static IP address Starting and Stopping DHCP Client Service Modifying the registry to make sure the HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System ControlSet Services DHCP is correct ipconfig renew ipconfig release Has anyone got any ideas of how I can sort this problem Thanks hutchie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connectivity.566470/
Relevancy 45.15%

For about a week now my internet connection is lost only on one laptop in my home wireless. My phone and other devices work fine.

When using IE this is the error message I get: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage, we can try "Diagnose Connection Problems". When I run this sometimes it repairs the connection. Then after awhile the connection is lost again. When I rerun the diagnose connection problems: I get the message "Windows has detected a problem with the Winsock Provider Catalog on this computer. This catalog allows programs to communicate with this computer across the network. Would you like Windows to reset the catalog to the default confirguration? This computer might need to be restarted to restore network connectivity. Yes or No"

Again this happens even after the restart. Please help.

Thanks,

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936211 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456207/network-connectivity/
Relevancy 45.15%

System info HP DV NotebookWindows Vista Home Premium SP connectivity network No bitAMD Turion x ghz processor gb RamI don t have the original Vista install CD or a recovery CD from HP I do have the RECOVERY partition on my hard drive not sure of any corruption there No network connectivity Didnt really notice when it happened been stored for about a month worked fine prior to storage I cannot connect to my quot home network quot comes up with quot unidentified network quot ip address Noticed within the NIC adapter Properties that quot Client for Microsoft Networks quot Client is not installed tried installing following message appears Could not add the requested feature The error is The remote procedure call failedThe only service protocols present are File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder Link-Layer Topology Discover Mapper I O Driver Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv Same goes for nic and wireless adapter Thought that perhaps AVG or Norton were causing the problems ran uninstall AVG from you Bleeping Computer ran Norton Removal Tool exe from Symantec s websitestill no internet access or home network Thought of running Malwarebyte s Anti-Malware maybe a virus got through which I ve had installed prior to this but the definitions are out of date now and I don t have internet access to update same holds true for my SuperAntiSpyware Edition Tried the MiniToolBox to flush reset settings to no avail Under msinfo gt components gt network gt winsock were empty ran winsockfix exe hoping to solve problem it filled in the following below c windows system winsock dll ver c windows system wsock dll ver Did notice under msinfo gt components gt network gt Protocol that I have ea MSAFD NetBIOS Device NetBT Tcpip all have misc letters amp numbers and ea MSAFD NetBIOS Device NetBT Tcpip all have misc letters amp numbers except the corresponding SEQPACKET to DATAGRAM lines are the same misc letters amp number combinations Didnt noticed any of the following according to microsoft s website http support microsoft com kbid should have these under protocol section MSAFD Tcpip TCP IP lt LI gt MSAFD Tcpip UDP IP lt LI gt MSAFD Tcpip TCP IPv lt LI gt MSAFD Tcpip UDP IPv Tried resetting winsock with the quot netsh winsock reset quot command still nothing Tried resetting the tcp ip stack with the quot netsh int ip reset c resetlog txt command some more nothing Downloaded newer NIC amp Wireless adapter driver from HP same problem Also there is NO hosts fileTried ping to internet ip following error occurs PING transmit failed error code Does PING to local tho hooray Any suggestions would be appreciated I ve been researching trying different avenues for about a week now really would like to get this laptop fixed without doing a restore Thanks for your help in advance

A:No network connectivity

Download and install Windows Repair.Note: If asked to make a restore point, please do.Open Windows Repair.Go to Start repairs.Put a checkmark "Repair Winsock & DNS Cache" « You can look at an example (screenshot).Then click on Start.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458712/no-network-connectivity/
Relevancy 45.15%

I installed Windows 7 RC 64bit on my Ausus Striker II Formula Motherboard (Nforce 780sli) and everything was working sweet.

I attempted to do a System Transfer from my old Windows Vista 64bit (where you transfer your documents etc.), this appeared to go well however now my network connection will not work. DHCP or Static IP settings dont work. I am unable to change the 'unidentified' network's location from public.

Any ideas from anyone?

I am close to reinstalling.

the network didnt start working again after a reboot?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/8896-network-connectivity.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I suffer total loss of network connectivity after a computer crash I am on win x Here is my ipconfig all hopefully someone can spot what is wrong C WINDOWS system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Xello Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address -C - B-A connectivity No network - E- D DHCP No network connectivity Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c a fb d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default No network connectivity Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- -A - B- -C - B-A - E- D DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C C D-EA - D -BFEF-FC EEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C WINDOWS system gt Windows troubleshooter reports that No network connectivity quot One or more network protocols are missing on this computer quot Some other info i am unable to connect to which is my router's home page I can load this page on my laptop if i connect my laptop with ethernet so the router is fine

A:No network connectivity

169,254... is a local IP address. Also, no Gateway, your PC is not picking up a DHCP address from your router. Check the connections to your router and restart your router.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39710-no-network-connectivity.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Okay so here is the problem please help before I just stop using a network. I have been having a problem where the network that I have and have been using with no problems has started to act up. It started to just kick device off the network all the computers wired or wireless will say a network cable has been disconnected then it will say it was reconnected a second later. This seems to be a router problem so I changed my old router out and replaced with a dlink wbr-2310. Still problem persist. I have a compaq laptop a dell desktop and a home build system there is no updates for any of the network cards because they are a little older and no one cares.

If any one can please help that would be great thanks.

Steven

how frequently does this occur? If infrequent, then it is likely to be associated with
the ISP Release/Renew of your IP address and the router is not behaving well
(but it could be the NIC card too).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connectivity.104538/
Relevancy 45.15%

I seem to have lost all network connectivity after installing MSN Monitor Pro and WinPCap 4.1 beta 3. It _may_ be unrelated but everything was working fine before I did this.

After I installed it and tested it everything still seemed to be working ok. After a reboot however I seem to have lost connectivity. I have now uninstalled both apps but not managed to regain network connectivity. Although the System Tray Icon tells me I am connected at 100MB (I have a broadband router connected via a hub) when I try and report my network status with ipconfig /all I get nothing more than the simple " Windows IP Configuration " response.. no details whatsoever.

Likewise with Control Panel Network Connections Local Area Connection -Support - Details - there is absolutley no data, no details, just blank!

Have I broken something?

What should I look for ?

Thanks
Ben

A:Network connectivity gone

Log on as an administrator, go Start > Run and type: "cmd". In the window that appears type: "netsh winsock reset". When the program is finished, you will receive the message: "Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the machine in order to complete the reset." Close the command box and reboot your computer.Go Start > Run > type: "cmd" In the window that appears type: "ipconfig /flushdns". Close the command box.Go Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. Right click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection if you are using Dial-up, and and choose Properties. Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item. Select the radio button that says "Obtain DNS servers automatically". Reboot.Warning: Some Internet Service Providers need specific DNS settings. You need to make sure that you know if such DNS settings are required before you make this change.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/243207/network-connectivity-gone/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi
I am having annoying problems with my home network, (two computers with Win xp connected by ethernet). I have set them up so that one has a static IP add and the other (which connects directly to the internet with an ip add made by me. What the problem is that, although it will see both comps, it always comes up with a limited or no connectivity message (*I have Service pack 2*), I turned off all firewalls and still recived the message.

The other problem though, that I mainly want to fix is that when ever I reset the comps they don't always see each other unless I repair my static IP address. The reason I have this as static is only because for some reason I can not connect to the net through the other comp with a user defined ip address.

I appreciate all help in advance.
Noyzy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connectivity.294997/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a really strange network problem. Config is simple. Two laptops connected to a router/switch. Both are configured for DHCP addresses, which are supplied by the router. One laptop works just as expected. It can ping itself and the router. The second laptop can ping the router but not itself.

In an effor to troubleshoot this problem, I moved both laptops to an existing network and set both to have configured(non-DHCP) addresses. There is a router/switch here too. Again, the first laptop works just fine, can ping itself and other systems on the network. The second laptop can not ping itself or other systems but can ping the router. That is the part that makes no sense to me. I am looking for next troubleshooting steps.

The fact that the second laptop can ping the router but not itself is the part that confuses me.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I have a small home network that I am trying to get up and running. I have 3 Windows XP PCs, I will call them Comp1, Comp2 and Comp3. I also have a wireless router properly configured.

Comp1 and Comp2 both have an ethernet port and wireless cards and currently connect to the internet just fine. I have also mapped a folder on Comp1 as a network drive on Comp2. Comp3 only has an ethernet port, NO Wireless card.

I am wondering if anyone knows how to get Comp3 on this network (connecting directly to the router is not an option for me). I know how to set it up via ethernet by connecting it to Comp2 and using ICS. However, it is crucial that I am able to access the network drive on Comp1.

Relevancy 45.15%

Sometimes when I open my laptop back up (power has been ON the whole time), I'll have an "X" through the network connection in the tray on my taskbar. In previous versions of Windows, all I had to do was right-click, fix signal and the computer would always find the connection. However, in Windows 7, when I go to the Network & Sharing Center and click the red "X" at the top of the window, Windows is able to detect the problem exactly 0% of the time. It's incredibly frustrating. The only solution is to close the laptop again and then re-open it, and I sometimes have to do this multiple times until the internet signal is detected. There's gotta be a better way to do it. Not a fan of the user-friendliness of Windows 7 compared to past versions. Not a fan at all. Any help would be much appreciated.

A:Network connectivity

In that case you should turn off all the sleep or hibrenate functions of the driver, both in power options and also in device manager.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/132593-network-connectivity.html
Relevancy 45.15%

After rebuilding my puter with a Gigabyte GA7VR i then rebuilt XP SP2 MCE.

Now i cannot access my network for toffee. No DHCP or static ip works

No response with ipconfig/renew
No network traffic (only sent packets none received)

I tried static ip and assigned one from my network OK.

unplug and replug patch lead, detects 100meg connection.
Tried new netgear 10/100/1000 card, same problem, my workstation plugged into same D-link router/hub works fine running DHCP.

Windows firewall and Norton are both off disabled im really puzzled, any help appreciated.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I've been reimaging my laptop with a Windows XP SP2 boot disk. Before the reimage it was on XP SP2 and the network connection worked. After a few reimages it worked. However after one particular reimage the local area connection would always say it's connected but wouldn't work (addition reimages did not resolve this). The status light on the router does not show the laptop's Ethernet connection as it did before. I have the IP address manually configured as I had done before reimaging. Would anyone know the cause of this problem?

Router: Nokia M1122
NIC: Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet via PCMCIA
Internet connection: DSL via router

-Thanks

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello all I have a main PC an LT that is running as I am using it as a media server to my Roku's The LT an PC are networked together an sharing their proper folders via my router which is not a cheap one in getting items Explorer/Network lost menu Network an fairly new an both are running Win Ult For the most part everything works OK but for some reason Network items getting lost in Explorer/Network menu I keep loosing the LT in the Network menu if the main PC If I reboot the main PC this does not fix this mostly if I reboot the LT I can get it back but most Network items getting lost in Explorer/Network menu times it can take some time an I wouldn't say it works of the time Now to bring up some interesting points When I loose the LT I also loose the few other things that are on the Network too such as the Network shared printer server When this is happening if I go into the routers http based main programming the LT as well as everything is there If I use the routers Windows based utility on the main PC kind of a software ver of the main access the LT an everything else is there When I open the Laptop an go into quot its quot Network explore menu the main PC along with everything else in the Network is there I have made sure the Network device for the LT is set to stay awake all the time I have gone through an setup dedicated IP address's and ones way out side of anything else an as well done the other proper networking setting for the main PC an the LT My IT guy at work helped me with that For all times I have never quot Not quot been able to access the LT with the Roku systems Which for a lot of this it tells me with my limited knowledge that the LT an router should not be the issue As best as I can tell an I have checked for this nothing else on the network has any conflicting at least IP address From as best as I can tell I haven't shut off any Network scanning services on the Main PC Although I can't say I really know where or how to check for this of if something else did this Also note that this condition stays this way no matter how many times that main PC is rebooted All in all it seems to me again with my limited knowledge that for what ever reason the main PC is either loosing or not checking for things on the network not that I can really say what I mean by that because I don't know of a way to check test for this just more or less the plain to me way to say it So am really hoping someone might have some ideas or things I can check an I greatly appreciate any help I can get Thanks for any help

A:Network items getting lost in Explorer/Network menu

When this happens next time, check in Main PC if "Computer Browser" service is started. Run: services.msc to get to services.

Run this as admin: Download Complete Internet Repair - MajorGeeks

Also, see if this will help Windows 7 Network Discovery Issue

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/374104-network-items-getting-lost-explorer-network-menu.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am trying to help a friend connect to our wireless network The network is detected by her computer which is an HP running Windows but Problems Connectivity Network never connects when the information is entered I m using my Macbook w o any problems at all and another friend is using his XPS w Win without any problems After entering all the security info into the HP the computer goes into it s mode of trying to connect to the network Once it s done we re left with quot limited or no connectivity quot When we try to redo it we get multiple networks available all with the same name as the original albeit with a etc We re all at a standstill here I ve tried resetting the network card the router itself and even rebooting the machine I m at a loss here as the two laptops work Network Connectivity Problems just fine but the desktop HP doesn t want to Network Connectivity Problems at all nbsp

A:Network Connectivity Problems

Hi -

Let's take a look at ipconfig & other NIC/ Network info. Please download the attached zip file, extract the EXE file to Desktop. RIGHT-click on the EXE file, select "Run as Administrator". 2 Notepads will open (one behind the other). Zip both up & attach to your next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connectivity-problems.875245/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey everyone I ve been searching and reading the forums but I can t seem to find a solution that works for my particular problem Little Background I Laptop has no Connectivity Network use an old Panasonic Toughbook to connect my Laptop has no Network Connectivity xbox online for playing Laptop has no Network Connectivity I hardwire the xbox to the laptop connect the laptop via wifi then bridge the connections Laptop has no Network Connectivity and it has always worked well However tonight I had to take the laptop out and when I brought it home it wouldn t connect to either The wifi will stick at quot Waiting for the Network quot So far I have tried Restarting the laptop Restarting the router Setting Static IP Settings Windows quot repair quot Restarting the wifi adapter Clearing all preferred networks Disabling all WEP Settings Ensured that Mac filtering is not on Disabled Encryption Enabled NetBIOS restarted DHCP Changed the router channel Checked to ensure my drivers were all up to date netsh winsock reset catalog and netsh int ip reset reset log Interestingly enough when I cleared all the preferred networks it would stick at quot Detecting Wireless Network quot before timing out Then for no apparent reason after about minutes it would allow me to enter the WEP However if I click on one of my neighbors networks whether security enabled or not it can t detect the network type When I connect the crossover CAT from the xbox to the laptop it sticks at quot Acquiring Network Address quot before giving me the limited no functionality message I havent tried much here other than some of the things from the above list I ve also completely deleted the network bridge which seemed to get me on wifi but the moment I connected the hardline wifi disconnected and has not come back regardless of whether or not the Cat is connected I also know that the network itself is fine as I m on it typing this I m officially at a loss of ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

i was using a wifi network and suddenly it got disconnected it get connected to others but not that specify network ... in my friend's laptop this network working well ... need help

A:network connectivity problem

Disconnect from current network, then locate the correct network and connect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connectivity-problem.1132080/
Relevancy 44.72%

when we use our GateWay Laptop & a Targus Universal Docking Station.

If I keep the laptop hardwired to the network, no problems. Apps run fine accessing the network. When I use the Docking station, and have the network drop plugged into it, I have 2 apps that loose the network resources.

The docking station did come with software which I installed prior to using it. The OS running is Windows XP prof.

Any ideas ?

A:Loosing network connectivity

Here's just one review of that station:
REVIEW BY: yacht_boy Reviewed Jun 02, 2007
I nearly bought this until I did a little googling. This has terrible reviews around the web--make sure you check before you buy. This product has known issues with Vista, the video thru' USB is reported to work very poorly, and many people report unfixable driver issues.Click to expand...

You might try downloading a driver update for it from Targus: http://www.targus.com/us/product_Details.asp?SKU=ACP50US

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loosing-network-connectivity.597253/
Relevancy 44.72%

Suddenly having problems connecting. No SP1 on this machine. Running 32bit on home premium. I have home network set up with wireless router to dsl modem. Network is saved and is automatic. When it connects either wirelessly or via wired all that I am getting is windows default ip. Cannot connect to router or modem wireless or lan. The only way to connect of manual configuration of nics. How can I solve this issue? Have tried all the obvious, resetting, etc.. Any suggestions appreciated. Drivers are current for pc model per manf..

A:Network Connectivity Problems

Hi movingtarget,

Have you updated any drivers between the time that it was working and now (specifically network drivers)? If so, use the information in the following Tutorial: Device Manager - Roll Back Driver. Select the 'Network adapters' category and follow the instructions.
I also notice that you haven't installed SP1 yet. You should really install this important update as soon as possible as many newer updates need this installed to work properly.
Here is a link to SP1: Download details: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone (KB936330)
As a bonus, here is a link to SP1 for Office 2007: Download details: Microsoft Office Language Pack 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
As a bonus, both these Service Packs will fit on a standard 700MB CD.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/189217-network-connectivity-problems.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi so basically there are roomers in my house I was wondering why some PCs lose connectivity after smooth sailing for days whilst majority of PCs in the house don t have the same problem IPs Network connectivity lose often on PCs of the problem PCs check out fine on the router page PCs on Network lose connectivity often Signal strength is better than the other PCs who don t problems at all I have gotten this with different PCs The problem is only resolved when I unplug and plug in the modem Occasionally dhcp release renew helps Restarting the PCs with limited connectivity does not help nor does repairing the connection PCs on Network lose connectivity often nor disconnecting and connecting from the wifi I am using a d-link wifi router dhcp with wpa psk protection Lease time is min Router is on channel auto-search MAC filtering is off All PCs in the house use either b or g adapters Is it true that adding the MAC addys of all the PCs onto the router will help I rather do that as last resort as people in the house apprehensive about the landlord intruding into their laptops nbsp

A:PCs on Network lose connectivity often

I'm guessing that you have some applications running that are filling up the memory on the router, probably one or more P2P applications. You need a better router, or better control of what the people are running. Exactly how many people are running off this router? Many SOHO routers have problems when you start to get more than 9-10 connected clients.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pcs-on-network-lose-connectivity-often.847502/
Relevancy 44.72%

Limited connectivity within my c s network I m a newbie on this site I posted this to the networking forum but it seems to me it might work out better here I hope I haven t broken a rule by putting it in two my network c/s Limited connectivity within places I have been running a home network for several years Most of the time it works fine Recently I have been unable to make connections between some of the computers although they can all Limited connectivity within my c/s network reach the internet At present there are computers with these configurations A Win K Advanced server SP operating DHCP DNS and other necessities B My personal computer running W K Pro SP using System Suite for firewall a v etc C My wife s personal computer running XP Pro SP and System Suite D My wife s old computer running XP Pro SP and System Limited connectivity within my c/s network Suite I have two routers but only use one at a time One is a Linksys BEFSR V the other is a Netgear WGT V I flashed both routers this past weekend to upgrade to the most recent firmware but the problems I am describing began before that Either router when used is configured as and is hooked to the satellite modem Until recently I have been happily sharing printers sending files back and forth etc I use machine A only as a server it has very few programs installed upon it other than the OS and its ancillaries Here is what is happening now A can only ping A but in Windows Explorer Entire Network it can see A B C and D and can read files on A and C B can ping A and B it can see A B C and D in Explorer and can read files on A B and C C can ping A and C Limited connectivity within my c/s network it san see A B C and D and can read files on A and C D can ping A and D can see A B C and D and can read files on A C and D I don t think it s a DHCP DNS problem because the pinging results are the same whether I use the computer name or the x number assigned it by the server Each NIC except for the server is set to receive an IP assigned to it and is set to use the server as its primary DNS source Any suggestions will be gratefully received nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-connectivity-within-my-c-s-network.826631/