Windows Support Forum

Extend wirless network by using 2 routers and dLAN duo?

Q: Extend wirless network by using 2 routers and dLAN duo?

I recently went to PC world and asked them about extending my network to an office that is situated in the garage beside my house. A phone line is present which is just taken from the same line that is in my house. The office is around 50m from my current wireless modem router (netgear dgn2000).

They supplied me with dLAN duo and a belkin wireless router (n150 - enhanced wireless router). however i do not know how to set this up. would anybody be able to tell me how? i currently have one of the dlan adpaters connected to ethernet port 1 in the netgear router and do not know where to connect the other one. i am also having problems setting up the belkin router. Thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Extend wirless network by using 2 routers and dLAN duo?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Extend wirless network by using 2 routers and dLAN duo?

OK, I'll take a stab, this sounds like fun.

You have two wireless routers and 2 powerline adapters/bridges that will interface with either USB or ethernet. The first wireless router already has the high speed modem connected to WAN port and is working properly. The second router is not yet configured and the power line adapters have not yet been utilized.

First, connect one of the powerline adapters to the LAN port of the router that already has internet. You'll need a CAT5 ethernet patch cable. Now, plug that powerline deal into the wall. Then, repeat this for the other router. Now remember with this new router you do NOT want anything plugged into the WAN port, furthurmore you need to disable DHCP and configure the same essid name but a different channel.

That should get you going in the right direction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extend-wirless-network-by-using-2-routers-and-dlan-duo.938214/
Relevancy 69.23%

which one is better?

WRT54GS
Wireless-G Broadband Router with SpeedBooster V2.0

or

WRT54G
Wireless-G Broadband Router V3.0

A:Which one is Better of these 2 Linksys Wirless Routers?

Personally, I think all of the "speed booster" and "turbo" stuff that many manufacturers hang on their products are 90% marketing hype and 10% compatibility issues for other brands of equipment connecting. I'll take the standard 802.11g model anytime.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-one-is-better-of-these-2-linksys-wirless-routers.394522/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a desktop that I want you use like a server. I have a 'Cricket' broadband air card as my isp and I just picked up a 'Linksys' (WRT160N) wireless router. I have 2 laptops with wireless capability that I wish to connect to run as well. I have installed the software for the router, set the security settings and assigned the security password. The laptops find the signal from the router, but cannot access the internet. Which sort of defeats the purpose. I am network illiterate but have some basic understanding of how networking should work.

Can someone please help me?

Relevancy 67.94%

I ve recently upgraded my internet provider to BT and received a BT Home Hub as the new wireless router Previous to this I was using a wireless Belkin G MIMO ADSL router model number F D - There are places in the house where the wireless signal is very poor Connecting to the internet using either of these routers is difficult in these spots However since the Belkin is now spare I ve been thinking about trying to use it as a low cost repeater i e free to extend the wireless range in the house There are several good articles that I ve found on this a a link routers wireless network between two wireless wireless using Extend site which address the connection of two routers together e g John Will s article on connecting two SOHO routers is a good example but they rely on an ethernet connection between the two routers I m just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a way to establish a wireless link between the two routers to extend the range of the current wireless network Cheers everyone and thanks in advance nbsp

A:Extend a wireless network using a wireless link between two wireless routers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extend-a-wireless-network-using-a-wireless-link-between-two-wireless-routers.1074102/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi--we made a quot hardline quot dlan network no wifi in this four family house--four small one bedrooms Used an port ethernet switch from best buy and cat cable My netbook HP gets on in my place and in his place His computer he hasn t but can Dlan one connect outlet, network any can't guy house--I family in 4 at told me the model will not access the internet in his place but it does access it at work What s going on Why can t he access the internet on his jack when I can Our Dlan network in 4 family house--I can connect at any outlet, but one guy can't freelance cable guy tried to troubleshoot it but could not figure out what s going on We thought it would be a firewall or software Dlan network in 4 family house--I can connect at any outlet, but one guy can't but he took his laptop to work and got on the ethernet By the way I tried this ipconfig all thing you seem to be asking for on other posts So this is what my netbook gets on the network and my netbook is working in my place and his place Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings wilt gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name hplaptopmini Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ga comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ga comcast net Description Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet C ontroller Physical Address - -B - E- -C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday March PM Lease Expires Saturday March PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - - E- - D- C Documents and Settings wilt gt nbsp

A:Dlan network in 4 family house--I can connect at any outlet, but one guy can't

Well, I find it interesting that you have a public IP address, which indicates you have no router in the picture. Since most residential ISP accounts only offer a single public IP address for a customer, the first guy that connects gets the connection, any other connections fail.

Buy a broadband router and connect it between that modem and the switch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlan-network-in-4-family-house-i-can-connect-at-any-outlet-but-one-guy-cant.907791/
Relevancy 67.51%

I installed a Netgear RangeMax WPN router over the weekend and noticed something odd When I scan the available wireless networks on a Toshiba laptop with integrated Atheros g SuperG I believe adapter I see the SSID for the Netgear router and signal strength is quot Excellent quot The distance from the router is about ft or so at the opposite end about strength wirless Question in signal and changes routers of the house and down one story When I connect to the Netgear router using WPA security the signal strength drops to quot Very Low quot I m using WZC to manage the connection I can get to the Internet ok AND I even get a mbps connection to the router When I have the laptop in the same room as router signal strength remains quot Excellent quot as expected When the laptop is far away from the router why does the signal strength change from quot Excellent quot to quot Very Low quot after I get connected to the network Peace nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

is there any way I can use a cisco ea3500 and then use my netgear WGR614 as a wifi extender??

Relevancy 66.65%

Hey All,

I have a question regarding extending my wireless network throughout my building.

I have on hand three Linksys WRT54GL wireless routers and am wanting to use all three to expand the coverage area of my signal.

What I am thinking is, using the latest firmware from Linksys, hard wiring the cable modem to the main router and then configuring each of the other two routers with a different IP, placing them a distance in either direction from the main central router. It sounds logical on paper, but can it be done?

If so, can anyone walk me through the process, or at least direct me to a link where this process is explained in detail?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 65.79%

Hello everyone I have searched for days trying to find the answer to a problem that I m having and haven t come up with any solution I have Connection extend routers to two range wireless two wireless routers a linksys BEFW S and a d-link DI- The D-Link is much faster but the range is horrible The range on the linksys is much better I would like to set them up so that computers connecting within the range of the d-link can take advantage of the speed but outside of the d-link the computer will connect through the linksys Is this even possible Or would it work to set it up so that one computer connects wirelessly through the d-link and one connects through the linksys That could work too I only have one DSL router and the linksys and d-link routers are sitting next too Connection two wireless routers to extend range each other I have tried connecting the linksys with an ethernet cable from the linksys port for internet to an open port on the d-link and configured them similarly but with separate ips Either way nothing I have done has worked and I was wondering if anyone could help me with a solution Your time is much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Connection two wireless routers to extend range

This should work OK I think. I'm not up on wireless, much prefer a bit of wire. I have two ADSL routers on my network (only one connected to my ISP) and all machines hook up OK using DCHP form the connected router. See as you can only have 1 DCHP server the wireless machines will probably need to have static addresses. I would think it will work better if the two routers were not too close.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-two-wireless-routers-to-extend-range.27341/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey all,

I am wanting to extend my wireless range out into my garden for the summer, and as my standard router doesn't have enough distance on it, I wondered if I might be able to use the kit that I have currently to help at all...

Ok, so I have a

Netgear WGR617v7 router (current router)
Netgear WNR 2000V2 router (unused)
2 x Homeplugs (just for Xbox in top bedroom)

I am thinking maybe connecting one router to the other via the homeplug might work, but I have no clue how to go about setting it up, settings etc- anyone have any ideas?

Cheers!

Chris

A:Extend wireless range- 2 routers + homeplug

One way ...

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extend-wireless-range-2-routers-homeplug.1054790/
Relevancy 57.62%

hi i am new on this site, i was searching to find ways in my problem until i get my self here hoping some1 could help me..

i could not find my wireless network.. my os is XP pro and i am using acer aspire 3050.. after formating my os to xp i tried to connect trough wireless but could not find it .. i click on Control Panel -> Internet Connections but couldt not find my wireless there and i only see Local Area Conection .. so now i dont know how to on my wireless

pleasee help

Relevancy 55.47%

So heres the case. This past Saturday night my internet crapped out and so I unplugged replugged the modem and router. We've done this many times. Well for some reason it recreated a new name and what not yet we couldnt connect to our old network setting. (we can connect to this new one however). how do I recreate my old setting? Do i have to call Linksys? I have a wirless network setup wizzard which can allow me to change everything back but does that mean it will do just my computer or will it rename and change the password for everyone help Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wirless-network-help.679938/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I need some help with wirless networks I have checked up some sites about them but they don t really help me much I want to set up a wirless network between my desktop computer my laptop and I will be connecting my xbox into my laptop when i want to play Also i will be connecting my printer to the network I would prefer to wire everything togethor except the laptop becasue the printer and Wirless Me Please Network Help desktop are right next to each other I have a few questions relating to Wirless Network Help Me Please this How should i connect this My internet uses an ethernet plug Should i use a hub and router with a wirless antenna card for Wirless Network Help Me Please my desktop My internet is located right by my desktop computer already so should i just wire them G or B This is gonna be used for Wirless Network Help Me Please file transfering and gaming What should i buy The laptops going to have a wirless card so no need to answer that Thank you for all your help -DarkPyro nbsp

A:Wirless Network Help Me Please

1. Wireless router on desktop. no need for hub or antenna card there. The printer and desktop should be able to both plug into it as most have at least four wired ports.

2. Either would work, as both are most likely faster than your internet connection.
Go with cheapest and save money. If you have a lot of devices working at 2.4ghz already, consider 802.11a as it uses 5.8ghz instead of 2.4.

3. Any namebrand (netgear,Dlink,etc) wireless router, and preferably the same name brand PC card for the laptop. Same brands generally work best together than Adhoc..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wirless-network-help-me-please.284726/
Relevancy 55.47%

I just purchased my second PC, a laptop. So, I would like to set up a wirless network. But this is all new to me. I just have not paid any attention to networking.

I only have a dial up moden, no DSL or Cable. Can you still use a router without high speed internet? How about sharing a single printer?

Any help would be appreciated. THANK YOU

A:How do I set up a wirless network?

Not much to it, check out this tutorial by Linksys. It shows step by step how to set it up (as well as promoting their router).

http://www.linksys.com/edu/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-set-up-a-wirless-network.184703/
Relevancy 55.47%

i have a wirless network that starts with Virgin media cable coming into a MODEM and then connecting to a NETGEAR wirless router I can connect my laptop wirlessly to the internet but my desktop wont connect wirlessly (it will if i put a network cable in the back to the router ) I have tried a NETGEAR wireless USB dongle (no Joy ) it states the network can be seen and the signal is 100% and EXCELLENT connection but no web pages
I have treid a wirless network card and that too gives the same results
All the devices are next to each other at the moment so there is no interference , I know thw router is working as the laptop can connect (wirelessly) and I have checked all the security setting I know of
what can I try guys

TIA
Keith

A:wirless network

Hi:
Let's make sure, firstly,that all the required services are running:
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:
• COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
• Computer Browser
• DHCP Client
• DNS Client
• Network Connections
• Network Location Awareness
• Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
• Server
• TCP/IP Netbios helper
• Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
• WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
• Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic (or perhaps manual).

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Then,we might have enough info to give you more diagnostic direction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wirless-network.926148/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I have a Network Wirless Problems! wireless router with computers on the network computer is wired the rest are wireless Everything was working fine until computers that were working fine before decide to stop working at the same time I have reset the router checked the settings reinstalled the software on the PC s moved the PC s closer to the router I ve tried everything but I am still getting the same problem I wired the PC s up to the network and that works fine The PC s also have no problem connecting to a different wirless network What the hell is wrong with it Help Gary The three laptops that Wirless Network Problems! aren t working are using a netgear wireless PCMCIA card Maybe a coincidence but all other machines on the network use a different network adaptor Have checked all IP settings They computers on the network are set to automatically detect setting Have tried setting them up manually to no avail I hate wireless networks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wirless-network-problems.30264/
Relevancy 55.04%

While in the process of downloading an xbox game code, we had a power outage. My wireless devices no longer can connect to my wireless network. My game systems, iphones and printer can not connect despite having the correct SSID and password and disabling my access card list. I have a Netgear WNDR3400v2. Worst case scenario would be to reset to factory default, but I would like to avoid that if possible.

Many Thanks in advance,
PokeyTurtle

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi again. I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop with built in receiver for wireless network connections. I am on a trip right now....

I connect to the network just fine. (I have done this both at the hotel I was staying at, and now at my bro-in-laws apartment complex.) I establish connection, and it says the signal is strong. However, when I try to get on the internet, i get the generic "page cannot be found" message. I also cannot connect to me email. I plug in the ethernet cable, and everything works fine.

I got this message when I rebooted my computer:
IEEE802.11b WLAN Card Utility has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi
Okay so I am curretnly using a rental computer from my university while they fix my original computer and although it works fine within our libraries (where we get free public wireless connection) it does not work in my apartment. We have a router and our own wireless connection, but whenever i type in our password/network key, i get a pop up that says something along the lines of 'the network key needs to be 40bit or 104 bit, depending on ou network configuration. this can be obtained using 5 ascii character or 13...' etc, etc. what does this mean? the other girls in my apartment are able use our wireless just fine without that popup message and it worked with another rental computer i was using earlier...is there a way i can fix this?
thanks

A:Problem with wirless network

Is there any difference between this computer and the other rental (like built in wireless compared to a PCMCIA card)

I know it may be a insulting question, but are you certain that your typing the correct PassWorD (CaseSenSiTivE) and that you have selected the right channel (if that option is available)?

Try refreshing the available networks and click the connect when your is displayed, type in your password and make sure its correct.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-wirless-network.526615/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all I set WEP on my friends laptop for his wireless connection NETGEAR set up the NETKEY and saved the settings As soon as the options have been saved i have been unable to connect to the internet or unable to log on to the router by typin its ip address Also the wirless netwok manger says i have limited or no connectivity it can not seem to aquire an network address It displays the ip as I typed in ipconfig in cmd and it diplayed an ip address or similar so i changed settings to an ip address of in the TCP IP settings ANd the connection says successfull on the On After Connect Wirless Cannot To Wep Network Net icon on the systray and it seems to have a good connection to the router without the error of limited or no connectivity BUT still i cannot get online As stated this has happened as soon as i enabled WEP on the router and entered a passkey and saved the Cannot Connect To Net After Wep On Wirless Network seetings I cannot disable it now because i can not get onto the router Any suggestions as i ve tried lots of things and i have still had no success The only thing i was thinkin of was to press the reset button on the back of the router to see if it restores it to the facory default settings And set it up again THANX ALL Cannot Connect To Net After Wep On Wirless Network nbsp

A:Cannot Connect To Net After Wep On Wirless Network

Connect to the router with a wired connection. When you recreate the settings do NOT use the passkey option, use the full hex key option. Different brands of equipment generate different hex keys from the same passkey.

You can indeed reset it to factory defaults. If you note, most router manuals tell you not to try to configure them with only a wireless connection, and you're livin' proof they're right.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-net-after-wep-on-wirless-network.447117/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello guys, Recently I sold my Desktop And brought A new Laptop which Is A Dell Inspiron 17R Turbo
3D Inspiron 17R Turbo laptop | Dell India

As I had desktop So I had A broadband Wired Network Connection. But Here in my laptop I have a LAN Port but I have A Powerful Intel Centrino Wi-Fi.

So my question is that is there any way to make my wired connection as a wirless So that My broadband connection would be at home but I could get its network In my laptop Anywhere I go through my Laptop Wi-Fi.

Please Help Me.......

Thanks.........

A:How To Get Wired Network As Wirless?

Yes, but you will need to buy such a service from your mobile phone carrier, which will come with a 3G/4G usb adapter. It's very popular this days. Not sure what you have available in your country. Other wise you will need a wireless router for you home network which will do wired and wireless connections.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/20547-how-get-wired-network-wirless.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Morning,
My sister bought a new laptop this week and we can't get it to conenct to the network she was using before (her roommate set it up, and he moved away). He left the network info and I can use the key to connect, but it says "no internet access". I can see it has excellent signal strength but I can't use the internet when connected to it. we are currently signed onto an unsecured network but it is very slow.
here are the computer details:
CQ61-313US Notebook.
windows 7 home premium 64 bit
wireless card info: Ethernet (10/100 Mbps)|Wireless Ethernet - IEEE802.11b|Wireless Ethernet - IEEE802.11g
I searched the questions, but I couldn't find this exact situation or any solution.
Thak you in advance for your help.

A:Need help conntecting to wirless network

So you the laptop does work and connect to an unsecure wireless laptop all OK
Correct

So we know the latop works wirelessly OK
Just need to get it connected to your secure network

1) Are you sure you have the correct key ?
2) Remove the wireless profiles you have already setup
Start
control Panel
network and sharing center
manage wireless networks

3) Loginto the router by connecting with a cable- post make and model - and remove the secruity OR check you have the correct key .
4) It maybe the firewall blocking access - unlikely as you can connect to other netwroks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-conntecting-to-wirless-network.900463/
Relevancy 55.04%

Ok for my laptop i need a wireless network card reccomended for less than 40 bucks i need one with the longest signal distance i can get in that price range.

I think thats all the info you will need if you need more let me know

Relevancy 54.61%

HP Pavilion dv - mx Entertainment Notebook PC C Users Manager gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Johnae-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom AG a b g draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address - - -BB- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected connect but is Wirless in view will network Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wirless network is in view but will connect Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - E- - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - - A- -D -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday March PM Lease Expires Tuesday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E F B E- EE- D - A- A E span br span style color black A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B B E-E D- - C A- B span br span style color black A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description isatap gateway wire net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C nbsp

A:Wirless network is in view but will connect

can we see an xirrus screen shot
what firewall do you have or ever had on the PC - like norton, mcafee

looks like you have a good connection via the LAN - is that correct
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

EDIT
Oh ok - so they are in the word document - its easier if you post directly into a reply

so the adapter is working - what happens when you try to connect ?

lets see the status of the services
Services - Fabar Service Scanner, free

We would like to see some status information for each of the services on the PC goto

http://www.technibble.com/fabar-service-scanner/

and download the free scanner tool

Theres a Direct link to the program here
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FSS.exe

Now "double click" on the downloaded file to run the scanner , the scanner program will now open

tick all the options. and then click on scan

the scan results will open automatically in a seperate window in the notepad program.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

if you have any issues. A log file called FSS.txt will be created in the same directory as the program is run from.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wirless-network-is-in-view-but-will-connect.1044968/
Relevancy 54.61%

hi i have had my hp pavilion dv notebook for over a year now and just got wirless through telstra i have set up the connection and it has worked but keep failing to find the network i can find the neighbours but not mine as soon as i turn on the ps it connects to it when im trying to connect my laptop ps3 network does cant comp find my wirless but the wirless light on the router does even blink The trouble is i had it working fine one day then not the next I have been through all the setup processes with telstra and they said it was the comp sometimes if it just my comp cant find wirless network but ps3 does sitting there it will connect by its self but other times i cant i have to connect via ethernet and when i do in network and sharing centre there is two networks and other times just one I have tried everything and search everywhere for answers but no luck im ready to hurt this comp and thats not good i am running vista and my comp cant find wirless network but ps3 does have wlan is it my settings or a firewall please my comp cant find wirless network but ps3 does help me nbsp

A:my comp cant find wirless network but ps3 does

Make sure you have the latest driver for the wireless adapter. If it is integrated get the driver from HP's web site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-comp-cant-find-wirless-network-but-ps3-does.837555/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Dell Truemobile 1300 Wireless adapter. It has been working fine but in the past month or so it has started disconnecting randomly from my wireless network and I have to unplug it from the USB port and plug it back in, in order to see the wireless network again. I read on other threads and it said to update the drivers which I did but i still have the problem. I also don't think I have the corrupted drive file thing (INFACHE or whatever its called) as all my other USB devices worked fine. Anyway, any help in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Wirless network randomly disconnecting

Hi penguin

Did you find Vista-compatible drivers for that adapter? The most recent official drivers that I can see from Dell are from March 2004, and of course are Win2k/XP drivers.

Decent adapters can be had for $25 when on sale, should things begin to drive you crazy, it might be worth grabbing a newer adapter. Beats uphill battles.

Other than that -- you can try

1) Download CCleaner --- http://www.download.com/CCleaner/300...-10315544.html
2) Use CCleaner's Cleaning function to clear temp files (which can be troublesome for some installers if things get piled up).
3) With the Dell TrueMobile 1300 USB adapter plugged in, go into Device Manager, and into the Network category, & uninstall it.
4) Should the device still show in the "Safely Remove Hardware" applet in the System Tray, select it, and unplug it. Also unplug it even if it doesn't show in the Safely Remove list.
5) Use CCleaner's "Issues" function to clear tangles from the Registry. Run the Issue function until CCleaner reports "no issues found".
6) If you found a Vista-qualified driver, install it, then plug in the adapter.
7) Since there's been a lot of coming and going, check in the adapter's "Properties" to make sure that it's wireless settings are correctly set. (They'll need to match your network-type - probably "Infrastructure" and not "AdHoc", and probably set to "Mixed" modes if you travel between wireless networks of 802.11a/b/g/&n types).

Best of luck
. . . Gary

P.S. ... we don't recommend the casual use of Registry Cleaners, and only recommend the tools specifically mentioned by a certified technician for a task. Many cleaners cause more trouble than they cure, and some are outright frauds or rogues. CCleaner has won awards for years, and can be used with confidence (it also has built-in "un-do" features as a fail-safe precaution).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wirless-network-randomly-disconnecting-218410.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi
I am running windows 7 home and just restore my computer back date due to some problem in start up. But now I am not able to connect to my wireless router. My machine is Sony Vaio.

thanks

A:[SOLVED] Can't connect to my wirless network

Hello can your Laptop recognise the Wireless Connection? You should be able to tell by clicking the Wireless Icon in the Notifications Area. You most likely will also need to provide a password to connect to your Wireless so make sure you know this.

Regards,
George

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-cant-connect-to-my-wirless-network-553703.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi First time I have posted here only because I Issue. Home network wirless need some help if someone knows the answer My Vista home basic laptop is having some wireless internet issues I have it Home wirless network Issue. connected wireless from my main computer XP home which is ADSL When I am on my laptop I can use the internet for about minutes or so then it becomes extremely slow- slower than a dial up connection Down in the bottom right hand corner where those little computer monitor screens are they are both not flashing which I think they normally are and have a little world picture symbol beside it When I left click the little computer screens there is an option to quot Diagnose and repair quot when I click that a pop-up occurs and says Idenstifying the problem quot then once that has Home wirless network Issue. occured it comes up with quot Windows has confirmed that this computer is currently experiencing a network connectivity problem quot that cannot be repaired automatically contact you internet provider But because my main computer is running fine there is nothing wrong with the internet connection and there must be a problem with the wireless Can anyone provide any assistance to this at all Any help would be great nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

i have a wired network but have just bought nintendo dsi xl and want to connect to the internet wierlessly , can i do this with the same router .
myoperating system is windows vista home premiuTech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-Core Processor, x64 Family 16 Model 2 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3069 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 371753 MB, Free - 226907 MB; D: Total - 9797 MB, Free - 1322 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC., NARRA3
Antivirus: PC Cleaners, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabledm , my router is a dlink

A:wirless connection on wird network

exact model of the Dlink router - do you know if wireless - may have a light on the front named wlan - which may be on or off

also written on a label on the bottom of the router may be the wireless details

SSID
Passcode

if that is on the label- then it will have wireless

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wirless-connection-on-wird-network.1083219/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey guys and gals I just recently got my computer working after two years in the graveyard but it so happens that my Belkin Wireless G Network Adapter is not working We have a family computer which is also Win Home prem bit and it works perfectly fine Except the one i am using Identical both operating system and adapter is not Any problems with this model I should Wirless Usb Adapter Belkin Network G know about I know it said that the one Belkin Wirless G Usb Network Adapter I am using is meant for xp - Vista but then how is the family computer able to run it I know pretty much nothing about internet cards and network adapters so I might just go buy another high-speed one from Walmart but would not like to spend dollars on a small piece of plastic I have gone to Belkin and talked to the tech support seems like they have a free download link but when the lady answered the phone she told me to buy days of tech support for bucks What type of service is that And when i told her about the website she was like quot I cannot tell you what to download quot and I'm said quot ITS ON YOUR SITE quot She ended up hanging up I tried downloading all of them through my friends Network Adapter not mine but none of the patches work and the USB ports dont recongize it as plugged in Thanks for reading I hope you can help Belkin Wirless G Usb Network Adapter

A:Belkin Wirless G Usb Network Adapter

Quote: Originally Posted by phenry552

Hey guys and gals,

I just recently got my computer working after two years in the graveyard :0 but it so happens that my Belkin Wireless G Network Adapter is not working. We have a family computer, which is also Win 7 Home prem 64bit and it works perfectly fine. Except the one i am using (Identical, both operating system and adapter) is not. Any problems with this model I should know about? I know it said that the one I am using is meant for xp - Vista 32 but then how is the family computer able to run it? I know pretty much nothing about internet cards and network adapters, so I might just go buy another high-speed one from Walmart, but would not like to spend $30 dollars on a small piece of plastic.

I have gone to Belkin and talked to the tech support, seems like they have a free download link but when the lady answered the phone, she told me to buy 30 days of tech support for 40 bucks???? What type of service is that? And when i told her about the website she was like "I cannot tell you what to download" and I'm said "ITS ON YOUR SITE!!!" She ended up hanging up.

I tried downloading all of them through my friends Network Adapter (not mine) but none of the patches work and the USB ports dont recongize it as plugged in.

Thanks for reading.

I hope you can help!

For the USB problem not sure but try shutting the system down then unplug it and hit the power button, plug back in and then see if it picks up the USB NIC.

If you can connect using a wired connection then try going to Windows updates with the USB adaptor plugged then most likely Windows update will find a driver for it.

If you can give the model number of the Belkin USB NIC then I could look for a driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286634-belkin-wirless-g-usb-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I recently wanted to switch to at amp t dsl services from Time Warner road runner broadband cable However once the tech came out and installed network connection wirless on Losing the gateway wire wireless system along with an at amp t yahoo browser configuration software my labtop conenction became much slower and I couldnt uplaod large files anymore MB which I need to do regularly because I work from home and Losing connection on wirless network its a job requirement Even though I switched back Losing connection on wirless network to Time Warner road runner cable due to speed and technical issues I still keep losing connection and my upload is extremely slow where as before this tech came out to install wire gateway everything was working fine I did a system restore and tried to remove at amp t yahoo browser config and kept receiving an error message I accidently removed progarm from my list but now can t find program on my computer even after doing a search and checking on all C files running I m not even sure if that software is the problem I need to upload large files for my job and already lost a couple days of work due to this issue Please help me as sson as possible nbsp

A:Losing connection on wirless network

i will move from Vista forum to networking

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-connection-on-wirless-network.900790/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys, I have a Belkin 332F Basic router which serves as the hub to host my broadband connection as a wireless. Anyway last couple weeks I have been having trouble with the modem with drop outs and refusing to connect to the network.

I've also updated the drivers and that seemed to have failed to constrain the constant drop outs. I was wondering what network diagnostics I can perform so I can figure out what's going on? I also am thinking that it could possibly be a fault with the modem.

What steps can I do in order to try and solve this problem?

Do you guys require any other information? I'll be happy to get some for you.

Cheers!
darkdisturbed

A:What could be causing wirless network to drop out?

For starters have a look here
Is your wireless connection dropping?

-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/125263-what-could-causing-wirless-network-drop-out.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I need to add some type of wireless capability to our Gateway DX4831 so my DW can use her eReader.

Would it be best to add a full wireless card or a PCIe, it looks like I can go either way or can I use a USB wireless adapter?

This is a pic of the H57M01 MB
Here are pics of the rear, and top slots that the machine has.
For now my concerns are, Would there be any conflict between the two, and would it be a PnP installation?

I am open to any, and all suggestions.

A:Have wired network, need to add wirless for eReader.

I personally would not touch the PC at all

Pick up a cheap wireless router and add it to your internet connection and you then have the option of connecting any further items you have to PC or the Web.

Not sure of the setup you need for the reader but should be virtually PnP, if not we're here to help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/189283-have-wired-network-need-add-wirless-ereader.html
Relevancy 54.61%

A friend has asked me to setup there workstation pc and there laptop to be networked together The up on wirless and PC Setting laptop a network? a have insightbb broadband I will purchase a wireless router Linksys Setting up a PC and wirless laptop on a network? or D-Link probably D-Link I will use a data cable to connect the workstation pc and the laptop will be wireless Not so sure what my settings will be Here is what I am guessing Please help to make sure I will have all my setting correct Any advise will be greatly appriciated Not sure what OS they are Both are Windows XP but not sure if they are XP Pro or XP Home For the laptop what Setting up a PC and wirless laptop on a network? do I hard code Will it be the wireless connection or will I have to run a data cable to it and hardcode the network connection If I hardcode the wireless connection won t that mess up the internet connection through the firewall or will that be ok Really not sure about that Workstation PC Computer Name Dell PC IP Address Subnet Workgroup Home Make sure file and print sharing are on Share whatever folders they want Wireless Computer Name Laptop IP Address Subnet Workgroup Home Make sure file and print sharing are turned on Share whatever folders they want I think that is it Please any advise will be greatly appriciated Thanks Senna nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello all this is the first post I have made. I just installed a wireless network in my home. I am using D-link products in the form of Wireless network cards, routers and access points. I am recieving very good signals 90% plus in link quality. Any way I have a server hardwired to the router and am able to access the internet with out any issues. I am running Windows 2K Server on it, and running windows 2k pro on the 5 pcs in my home. I am unable to access the internet from any of the workstations in my home other than the server hard wired. I can ping the router from each of the PC but get no access to the internet. I assume that it is a small issue that I am missing, any help any of you can provide would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
UnderScore

A:Wirless Network Issues D-link

How are your computers' network settings set up? How are the workstations and the server different?

Can you ping the server from workstations?

Two things to check:

run "ipconfig" from Windows command line - the gateway should be the IP address of your router.

run "nslookup" from command line and see what it reports as the server. It should be either your router or the nameserver of your ISP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wirless-network-issues-d-link.20172/
Relevancy 54.61%

Getting to the point I have a network where my Network Issue-Connectivity Wirless computer is connected via ethernet to router and then computers connected to router via wireless connection I have come to the conclusion that the Internet is fine since my computer doesn t have Wirless Network Issue-Connectivity any Wirless Network Issue-Connectivity problem connecting and opening web pages But the other computers have an interesting problem connecting The wirelss icon in the quick launch tool bar shows connected but when I open up iexplorer it will not open ANY webpages Since this could be many things I don t know where to start but here are some things I tried I thought it would be pointless but I tried restarting computers at one time and resetting the router another time and neither worked I am running Utorrent on my computer and in the past it somehow has interfered with my web page viewing Wirless Network Issue-Connectivity despite the fact it was not downloading or uploading anywhere near max so I thought that maybe had something to do with it given my deduction I closed Utorrent and then tried to connect that did nothing Thanks for any and all help provided to me Logan nbsp

A:Wirless Network Issue-Connectivity

Do you have a firewall active on these wireless computers? I've seen it where a firewall has interfered with connection like this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wirless-network-issue-connectivity.543954/
Relevancy 53.75%

I updated MS 1607 update last month after that wirless frequently disconnected and speed down on the other hand  wireless signal mark retained 'connected' and 'strong signal'  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wirless-network-problem-after-MS-redstone-update/td-p/5766270
Relevancy 53.75%

I have been using my Acer aspire 5532 laptop with windows 7 and printing from my hp photosmart all in one c5180 printer via my netgear WGR 614v9 wireless router connected to my desktop with windows xp installed on it just fine for well over a year now.
I recently built and replaced my old desktop with a new desktop and installed windows 7 home premium 64bit but I am now unable to print to my printer! I can install it on the laptop but can not print to it. It states that it can not locate the printer? Gives an error code of 31?
Help!

A:Printer no longer working on my wirless network

Quote: Originally Posted by tinabina22

I have been using my Acer aspire 5532 laptop with windows 7 and printing from my hp photosmart all in one c5180 printer via my netgear WGR 614v9 wireless router connected to my desktop with windows xp installed on it just fine for well over a year now.
I recently built and replaced my old desktop with a new desktop and installed windows 7 home premium 64bit but I am now unable to print to my printer! I can install it on the laptop but can not print to it. It states that it can not locate the printer? Gives an error code of 31?
Help!

Is your Acer laptop 32-bit Win7 or 64-bit Win7? I'm going to guess it is 32-bit Win7.

If it was 64-bit Win7 you'd have no problem right now. My guess is that since your old desktop had WinXP (32-bit no doubt), your Acer laptop was also a 32-bit version of Win7.

I'm assuming that your printer is now installed on your new 64-bit Win7 desktop, and will go from there. You now want to "share" that printer, which is hosted by the 64-bit Win7, so that your other network machine (your 32-bit Win7 laptop) can print to it.

You simply need to install the 32-bit (x86) printer driver on your 64-bit Win7 system, as an "additional driver". The hosting 64-bit Win7 system will thus actually have TWO drivers installed for this printer which you've marked as "shared"... one for its own 64-bit local/USB printing needs as well as for 64-bit client machines (say if you had a 3rd 64-bit laptop wanting to print to the "shared" printer) and a second for 32-bit client machines (say a 32-bit WinXP laptop/desktop, or a 32-bit Win7 laptop/desktop, wanting to print to the "shared" printer).

You need to download the 32-bit Win7 version of your C5180 printer driver from the HP site, and "expand it" so that you can access the INF files for it from the "add additional printer driver' dialog on your 64-bit Win7 desktop system that is "hosting" the "shared" C5180 to the rest of your network's machines. Note that I'm not asking you to "install" it on your 64-bit system. It's meant for a 32-bit system, not a 64-bit system. But the imbedded 32-bit printer driver (INF) file CAN be installed as a second 32-bit "additional printer driver" on a 64-bit hosting system, thus allowing the printer to be "shared" with all network client systems, be they 32-bit or 64-bit WinXP or Win7 systems.
On your 64-bit Win7 system where you currently have the x64 64-bit version of your C5180 printer driver installed:

Start -> Devices and printers -> right-click on the printer, and select "Printer properties" from the popup menu.

Select the "Sharing" tab, and then push the "additional drivers" button. You should then see the x64 radio button checked for the currently installed driver. You should obviously have the "share this printer" button checked, and the name you enter as the "share name" is what will be presented on your 32-bit laptop in order to "connect", which will facilitate printing on the 64-bit Win7 host machine for print requests made from the 32-bit laptop.

Now check the x86 button and then push the OK button (which will light up, to allow you to enter the wizard) to proceed to the next steps.

You'll then get an "install print drivers" dialog window which will allow you to navigate to the folder in which you expanded the 32-bit driver for the C5180 that you downloaded from the HP support site. You need to point to the folder where the "INF" file lives for the printer. Then push OK, and follow the remaining instructions for the "additional drivers" wizard.

When this second driver installation process completes successfully you will then see BOTH the x64 and x86 radio buttons checked. You're now ready to "share" this printer... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/164204-printer-no-longer-working-my-wirless-network.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello
I've a problem with a MacBook Pro with Mac OS X 10.5.1 connected to a Windows Domain. When I use the Airport connection after 10 min the client loose the connection to the server, and the way to recoonect is deisable and enable the airport.
If i use the wire network there is no problems.

Anybody have is problem ?

Thank's in advance for your help
Bye Enzo

A:Wirless Network & Windows Server 2003

Hi enzo62 - welcome to TSG.

Do you happen to have any other wireless devices in close proximity? I had a similar problem when I was installing another wireless device in my home, and it was because they were both 2.4GHz.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wirless-network-windows-server-2003.682346/
Relevancy 53.75%

My home network consists of the following:
2 custom made pcs (XP)
1 HP pavillion DV6000 (Vista)
Ps3/X360
router speedtouch585v

now, what I am most interested in is a connection between my personal pc which is hooked to the wireless router through LAN with a wireless Laptop.
I have created a workgroup for both, its called "W" , it allows me to see the shared folders of the laptop but I cannot access them (Access Denied).
from the laptop I can see my pc but it requires a login with a pass :/ ???
I have both firewalls turned off, and all possible options checked to allow the sharing, can anyone help me?

Relevancy 53.75%

I recently reformatted and switched from vista to xp, when i tried to connect wirelessly i couldn't because the wirelss network icon is not there. I've been doing research and found that this problem can be solved through updating the drivers on the Network Adapter. I went to device manager to see what my network adapter is and all that is there is 1394 Net Adapter, under the category Other Devices is 802.11 b/g WLAN, which i tried to update and had no effect. Help would be greatly appreciated.

HP Pavilion Slimline s3620f PC

A:Windows XP Wirless Network Icon Missing..

Does HP have an XP driver for the wireless, or did you get it from somewhere else?

EDIT: You may have to install the proper driver for the ethernet controller or adapter before the wireless. And first you may have to install the latest chipset drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-wirless-network-icon-missing.939973/
Relevancy 53.75%

Our remote user notebooks have either XP or the newer ones have windows On XP they use wireless internet and Cisco VPN client They have a mapped drive that was set up when the machine was in via and mapped reconnect drive vpn network wirless the office All they need to do is connect the wireless broadband then vpn client and they can acces the mapped drive reconnect mapped network drive via wirless and vpn without having to browse it They have an Access database that transmits to the drive On Win we haven t been able to use VPN client even newer versions via a wireless connection so we use Cisco Any connect instead But when you look at the computer the drive still has an x on it and won t quot kick in quot until you manually browse the drive So the Access database won t transmit until you manually browse the drive Is there a setting to allow you to make sure the drive is available once the notebook has connected to our local network via Cisco Anyconnect We prefer the users don t have to do this extra step nbsp reconnect mapped network drive via wirless and vpn

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnect-mapped-network-drive-via-wirless-and-vpn.956231/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am running a windows xp pc and wii and both connect to the wireless network fine. However i cannot get my new vista laptop connected. The laptop is seeing the router and signal strength is excellent. It just wont connect to the net. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Relevancy 53.75%

I was just given a laptop and it had an old vertion of avg I pluged it into the cable modem directly rj and was able to get on the internet just fine tryed to update avg I think it worked but then I tried to install ver but that didint work so it seemed I had aversion hanging around I couldnet get it transfer via flash drive so I had to by cd got it installed but then the interent wouldnt work all of a sudden the night before the I think found some viruses and delt with them suppoidly I ran wirless and doesnt on Internet network work a scan with the ver unupdated old version it found some too and delt with them but I can get the internet to Internet doesnt work on network and wirless wlrk wired I tried going into interenet explorer and going to the connections tab and clicking the setup there to select internet manually always on nothing I tried firefox as well nothing I tried going into device manager I uninstalled the network card in there and restarted the computer windows reinstalled it still nothing it sees it just says local only I went to the laptops web site to downoad the dirver but its not there HP i tried unplugin and repluging the cable modem with wire off ill its fully inicialized so why cant I connect did virus do something I am running XP PRO I think and I just installed service pack just before all this and it was able to go on the internet before all this happend thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-doesnt-work-on-network-and-wirless.984665/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am working on my aunts computer and it worked while it was hooked up to the cable modem and router. I recently hooked up another laptop (that worked wirelessly with no problem) to the cable modem and router and then tried to work my aunts computer (the Gateway MA7) with the wireless network and it says it cannot find a network. I try to use the wizard to connect to the internet and it says "wireless capability on this computer is turned off" and tells me to turn it on by using a switch (which I could not find any) or a function key combination. I have no idea where to begin. I have searched a few forums and also googled this but to no avail. I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks so much.
Have a blessed day!
Penne

A:trying to find wirless network on Gateway MA7 laptop

I don't know what Gateway uses for a wireless switch. Most times the physical switch or function key is identified by an antenna icon. If in color it will probably be blue.

Fn + F2 is a common key combination. On the front of the laptop, down low where you don't see it unless you stand on your head, is a common place for slide switches. To the upper left of the keyboard is a common location for push button toggle switches.

Let us know when you find it so I can add it to my list.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-find-wirless-network-on-gateway-ma7-laptop.727887/
Relevancy 53.75%

Alright, I'm a little new to networking, so I apologize for any stupid questions.
I have a linksys router and card, wireless-g. It was all working fine until a few days ago. Now I will connect for about 5 minutes then get dropped, and it wont reconnect. I've tried chaging the channel and what not, but it still hasn't worked. I believe I have a WPA-SK encryption and I am running on windows XP. I don't know what the problem is, can anyone help?

Relevancy 53.75%

Apple TV Capability from iDevice securely within wireless network possible? I'd like to give access to attendees in conference room only on my guest network BUT not from outside the Conference room. Any thoughts?

Relevancy 53.75%

Good online how to for wireless network setup Hi all I m struggling at the moment trying to set up a wirless network I m in Japan and I m using a Japanese airstation router Buffalo but my base PC is in English I have two notebooks - one in English one in Japanese the latter for my wife The airstation is connected to a cable modem The airstation setup screen I get at http is in Japanese which is frustrating but doable I have downloaded an English manual for the unit from the Buffalo site and that is getting me part of the way there But still problems exist The main problem is setting up the different computers connections to the Internet I can get the PC to access the Internet via username and password viz the LAN connection through the airstation router but when I do that it means I can t get access to the Net with a notebook in another room - i e no abilityt for two comps to similtaneously access the Internet The ISP will not permit me to dial-up from two comps at the same time I realise that using a dial-up system in this situation is incorrect but I m unsure how to change the way in which the notebooks network setup? to' wirless for online 'how Good, access the Internet Good, online 'how to' for wirless network setup? via the wireless connection Each time I try and tweak the airstation system I lose a connection or even the basic ability to acces the Internet from any comp I m restting the airstation and starting from scratch again and again Any ideas I can post any other technical details you want I m running XP nbsp

A:Good, online 'how to' for wirless network setup?

Howz about this'n?

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/wirelesssetup.mspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-online-how-to-for-wirless-network-setup.48212/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there,
Right this is my first post, and first time on these forums so i dont know if this has been ased before.
I have a laptop and a PC, the PC is pluged into my broadband router and the laptop is connected to it using wirless network. My uncle was telling me that it's possible to network the laptop and PC over the broadband router. Could someone please tell me how you do this? Also if this is possible how do you set it up so that the laptop and PC can share a printer? I.e. If the priner is connected to the PC is it possible for the laptop to use this printer over the wirless network?

Thanks,
Barry

A:Network PC and Laptop over broadband wirless router

All of that is possible, wired or wireless makes no difference in how you configure file/print sharing.

This TCP/IP Home Networking and File Sharing Tutorial should get you started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-pc-and-laptop-over-broadband-wirless-router.690493/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

I have a HP 2710 All in one printer, which is wirless. It used to work with my network and vista computer very well however now it doesn't connect at all. The printers wirless is definatly on and connect successfully to my router and says on the printer its giving a signal. When looking on my 3 laptops, all connected to the same network and search for wirless printers, no printers show even though a while ago it worked. Could i have accidentely changed a setting or something??

Any help greatly thanked!!!!!!!

Steve!

A:Link printer to wirless network and computer

Connect it using the Ethernet connection directly to the router and see if you can get it working that way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/link-printer-to-wirless-network-and-computer.858797/
Relevancy 53.75%

I was wondering if it was possable to setup a network with my wireless broadband connection ? My Desktop PC is connected to the internet with my wirless broadband card. I have a Dlink wirless router.

Relevancy 53.75%

I just reinstalled XP onto my labtop and currently have nothing on it at all. I want to figure out how to obtain a new ip address soo i can figure how to get my connections back up. I need Local area connection #2 but cant seem to figure out how to configure!!! my wlan switch will not switch on anymore either. So basically im just asking how do you get your connections back up and going after reinstalling xp??

Relevancy 53.75%

I have laptops on my home network comcast cable - gt netgear g wireless router Both computer Wirless Solved: 1 slow & network: ok 1 laptops run Vista I ve tested my speeds at speedtest net and get the following results Laptop A way under mbps down in fact websites often time out before loading Laptop B mbps down both machines are sitting on the same desk Laptop A clearly has a problem The speeds do not improve even if I get closer to the wireless router However when I plug quot A quot directly into one of the router ports or directly into the cable modem I get excellent speeds mbps I would normally assume it s a problem with quot A s quot wireless card however we just got the comcast Solved: Wirless network: 1 computer slow & 1 ok service and the laptop was working just fine on the same wireless network with our old ISP The wireless also works fine in the office If it helps the Dell Wirless WLAN Card Utility lists my speed ranging Solved: Wirless network: 1 computer slow & 1 ok from mbps to mbps In addition it lists my signal at around - dBm and noise at - dBm not sure what any of that really means Any idea what could be wrong with this laptop s configuration nbsp

A:Solved: Wirless network: 1 computer slow & 1 ok

Were you using your connection when performing the speed test? Have you installed the most updated version of driver from your manufacturer's website? What speed is your wireless access point configured to broadcast at?

Also, check that you do not have security software that would interfere. And browse the configuration menu of your adapter to make sure it is not set to throttle down your speed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wirless-network-1-computer-slow-1-ok.850869/
Relevancy 53.32%

Our company needs to extend it's wireless network 1.2 miles between buildings. It's mainly directional, but would like to avoid using parabolic antennae due to it's needs for having exact focus and line of sight. We're also concerned about following FCC rules and guidelines about dropping wattage for every 6db gain increase in antenna usage. The signal will be going through a unpopulated forest area.

So, has anyone done this before, and what do you suggest?

Relevancy 53.32%

I have a wired network I would like to extend to an area that I can t run wire to I have antennas that will send the wireless signal I only want to extend it to give the new segment internet access not necessarily access to network shares The PC s on the extended segment are not wireless but the building is wired So basically need a router on one end with something on the other end to receive the signal then wirelessly my Extend network hand out internet access via ethernet I had it setup with a TP-Link router sending the signal and a Linksys WAP G access point on the other end The router went belly up and they don t make that particular Extend my network wirelessly one anymore so I bought the newer model a TP-Link AC The AP on the other end sees the router but won t connect I ve tried all various security settings to no avail Any ideas If I didn t explain it well enough feel free to ask more questions nbsp

A:Extend my network wirelessly

Depending on how far away the other site is, it sounds like you may need an outdoor unidirectional antennae to extend wireless coverage. Then a receiver at the extended site would receive it and provide access to the clients there.

If you plan on sharing just internet access and not local shares though, that makes things slightly more complicated. You can connect the new wireless antennaes directly to your ISPs modem (highly insecure), or you can keep them behind your firewall configured on a different VLAN (secure and better practice).

Having said all that, I've never done such a setup with the unidirectional antennaes. Maybe someone else here has and can weigh in more on that aspect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extend-my-network-wirelessly.1143397/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys I just had a quick question about extending my wireless internet I just bought a laser printer that is internet capable but not wireless I have a wireless router through my internet provider extend wireless How network to Rogers that sits on my main floor I am in How to extend wireless network the basement I moved into my unit three years ago and ran a foot cable through the vents into my bedroom to hook up my older xbox to the internet rather than buying a router I also want to do the same thing with my printer however I would rather not get into the three day job that I did before and drill more holes into the floor vents etc I have a D-Link DIR- version B router that I am hoping to use I have tried to find solutions on here for my particular setup I am looking for but I cannot seem to find it I want to use the router almost the same way as you would use a cable splitter I do not actually want to broadcast a new wireless signal because I get bars on both of my laptops now anyways I just want to be able to use the one cord running to my bedroom to hook up BOTH my xbox as well as the printer My question is two-fold Is it just better to buy a internet splitter Or will the quality of the connection be compromised If this option is the best does anyone have any advice or products that are good they have had success with If the first option is not the best how do I actually go about making the router work Thank you all so very much in advance and sorry for the long answer Any help is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

OK, so I have a really big ask for you guys. What I'm trying to do is get my pc (Vista Home Premium x64, other specs as required) to connect to my new samsung tv via the ethernet port on the back. I already have it linked up to the PC to stream video's, music and pics, but what I'm really wanting is to be able to extend the windows desktop to it, without using video leads as I would require rather long leads. Every link I've found so far either tells you to use VGA/HDMI/S-Video etc. to connect it. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

A:extend desktop to tv using network

Nope. You can't do it that way. You need some device which translates your video output into a protocol which can ride over an ethernet connection and then a corresponding box on the other end to convert that protocol back over to standard video.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extend-desktop-to-tv-using-network.944017/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi im trying to extend my network and have run into some issues im trying to set up a wrt g as a second router on my network the main router trendnet tew- brp IP is with DHCP range of - so i set up the wrt g to have the address and thurned off dhcp then under advanced routing switched it from gateway to router as instructed for all cascading LAN-LAN setup guides across the internet I have trouble getting wifi to the far end of my house so hopefully this setup will enable that I just purchased a Netgear powerline bridge and have that connected between the two routers as of now I feel that this may be part of the issue Perhaps I will try again without the powerline bridge but my network needs to span a far Cascade/ extend network distance ISP gt Cable Modem gt Trendnet TEW- Cascade/ extend network BRP gt NETGEAR XAVB Powerline AV Ethernet gt Linksys WRT G Cascade/ extend network v gt when a computer connects to the wrt g it does not aquire an ip address which is supposed to be assigned by the main router and cannot connect to the network internet I was connecting using a mac but have macs pcs and game consoles that need to connect so when the mac connects to the main raouter everything is fine but connecting to the wrt it says no ip adress so i manually configure to have an ip adress and can get to the setup page but no internet access or anything I WANT it to not have to maunally configure the IP adress and i WANT it to have internet and access to network files I would also like to have the same SSID and auto jump to which ever access point is best is this possible without DDWRT I think my linksys v is capable of the hack not sure about the trendnet also have a nice new netgear def capable of the hack at school but not here atm so off the table for now Please help I have been reading and wonder if i need to connect the two by a crossover cable i can do trendet- gt wrt via x-over - gt powerline bridge I also have old-school WRE G Wireless G range expanders which I have never ever never been able to successfully work note it needs WEP and my other devices use the WPA standards HELP ME BOOST MY NETWORK PLEASE nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium, 32-bit, on a hp Pavillion6000 laptop. The network adapter is a Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG (it was stock with the computer).

I've never had problems with the network adapter before! It completely stopped working on all fronts. I tried updating and/or replacing the drivers, but there's one error that I keep getting no matter what I do (besides erasing it all together) when I look at it under Device Manager.

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

That's it! It doesn't work at all! It won't update, I already tried manually downloading / installing drivers from Intel's website, and it's still messed up! I've spent hours trying to figure this out, and I'm completely stumped. Any ideas?

- Nate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wirless-network-adapter-doesnt-work-vista.807684/
Relevancy 53.32%

My PC is not detecting my wifi hotspot.

I've used the diagnose tool and the result comes back as 'This computer does not have a wireless network adaptor installed and configured'.

However, in device manager under network adapters, NVIDIA Network Controller is listed.

Also, there is an unknown device with a yellow explanation mark. I am unable to update the drivers via internet.

If it helps, here is my system info:

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ 2.01 GHz
32-bit Operating System

Thanks!

Relevancy 52.89%

i bought a dlan to connect two computers and share files and printers . But i don´t want to use the included software (easy share) because it´s unpractical. Is there a way to install a dlan like a normal lan? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

AMD athlon +2000
512mb
120gb
Radeon 9800pro
2 ethernet cards
1 dlan (connected to one of the ethernet cards)

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi

I have been using Windows 7 HomeGroup successfully for some time to share data between my desktop and notebook. However, I have just acquired a Develo DLAN Homeplug 200 AV Plus. I have this connecting ok BUT the HomeGroup does not get 'loaded' or recognised over the dLan

Is there something obvious that I am missing?

A:Homegroup over dLAN

Quote: Originally Posted by kevvyb

Hi

I have been using Windows 7 HomeGroup successfully for some time to share data between my desktop and notebook. However, I have just acquired a Develo DLAN Homeplug 200 AV Plus. I have this connecting ok BUT the HomeGroup does not get 'loaded' or recognised over the dLan

Is there something obvious that I am missing?

What OS is the Develo running?

I assume there is a driver and configuration issues to be worked out. Have you gone to their web site for instructions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/168628-homegroup-over-dlan.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a new Siemens router and have set up my old LinkSys router as a switch (set DNS outside the IP range of the primary router, disabled DHCP server, connect LAN to LAN port).

The SSIDs are still different. As a result each device now sees 2 networks and although internet GW is available from either connection, not al resources are shared across the network. There is one driveshare (with wired connection to the secondary switch) which cannot be seen by some of the wireless resources on the same secondary network.

Questions:
1. How can I set up the NW config such that it is seen and behaves like one physical network, anbd roaming devices pick up the signal from the strongest access point?

2. How can I share resources across the entire network?

A:using router as switch to extend network

Set your second Linksys WAN IP address to be part of the siemons network address range and do port forwarding from the WAN to LAN ports for all traffic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-router-as-switch-to-extend-network.1023204/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,
While at college I got a wireless router for my room, now that I'm back home this router is sitting idle. What I would like to do, if possible, is extend my homes wireless range, particularly for my sister who has trouble picking up the signal upstairs. I was told that some routers can do this but others cannot, and I'm not sure how to check or how to go about setting it up. The wireless router that is currently working is a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router Model WRT54G v4, the idle router is a Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO Router Model F5D9230-4. Thanks for all the help.

Relevancy 52.89%

I have an internet connection with wireless

Can I connect a wireless access point wirelessly?
Does that make sense?

And then further, can I connect another wireless access point to the first wireless access point?

Whenever I have seen it: wireless access points are ALWAYS connected by wire to the network!

Thanks
OM

A:Can I wirelessly extend a wireless network?

There are "wireless range extender" or "expander" but IMHO your looking at a load of troubles if they work at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-wirelessly-extend-a-wireless-network.805600/
Relevancy 52.89%

Is there any way to make this work 2 miles away? I want to use this around my small town. What gear or steps can I improve to beam out the biggest signal. We currently have an ATT internet standard router.

Adam

Relevancy 52.89%

The other day I went to a friends house came back home booted up my PC and my wireless network adapter wasn t working I ve tried everything to fix it It s a D-Link DWA- n Wireless PCI on network working Desktop. Wirless randomly stopped adapter netowrk adapter On device manager it just says Wireless LAN Card with Wirless network adapter randomly stopped working on Desktop. a yellow exclamation next to it And when I check what the error is it s either error or at different times depending what I ve tried to do to fix it I tried downloading the driver for it off the D-Link website nothing happens at all when I install it I tried taking it out of my computer and plugging it in I tried enabling it and disabling it on device manager I noticed one thing when it s in my computer the green light at the back that says activity next to it isn t on Could it be broken I haven t done anything to it and really don t want to buy a new one Please if you have anything else I can try to fix this it would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Is there a way to extend an existing network cable? I have one that reaches my brother's room by carpet but now I have relocated the router and it no longer reaches. The easiest fix I want is just to be able to attach another cable to the current cable to make it longer.. Next fix is more cable but that seems more expensive due to length.
Thanx in advance.

Relevancy 52.03%

Why I would like to extend is because I do not want to contract another service I have two house A one with the DSL wireless modem and the other one B with no network set up as yet The houses are about or less meters apart with several trees in between The house where the modem is the primary location I have a computer there and my family uses the wireless network from the modem to connect to the internet with their mobiles In DSL 100M Solved: Network Extend Internet the other house I have a desktop computer and a smart TV which I want to use to connect to the internet my intention is for video calling I ve searched that if I opt for some type of wireless extender the QUALITY of the network will be reduced by although the signal will be strong when it is received by the devices at location Solved: Extend DSL Internet Network 100M B and Solved: Extend DSL Internet Network 100M thus my video calling would not work well I am not experienced on networking technologies but am seeking expert advise on the best option and less expensive I would not mind if I had to dig up to cross over wires to the house B In either case whether wireless or wired I am looking on the specific equipment devices and configuration that would let me accomplish having internet on Solved: Extend DSL Internet Network 100M house B and some decent internet quality I understand if I would not get the as a plus it would be great if the internet on house B is wireless for small devices like phone or laptop nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

We use electronic devices throughout our home, and need something to strengthen our network signal, which is located on the 2nd floor. I've read so much about different ways - range extenders, range repeaters, range boosters and Access Points, but I don't know which would be the right one for me without costing an arm and a leg. I have a Verizon DLS Router D-Link DSL-2750B. I have contacted Verizon and posed this question on their forum, but he only answer I received was a suggestion to move the router to the 1st floor. Great, now I won't be able to connect on the 2nd!

Any help is appreciated.

A:Best solution to boost/extend network signal

The "best" and most reliable way is with wireless access point(s). However, some people don't find that solution acceptable because of the ethernet cable between router and access point(s).

Another way, which you didn't mention, is powerline adapters, which plug into an electrical outlet near the router and the wireless access point, using the electrical system instead of running an ethernet cable. Some powerline adapters include a wireless access point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-solution-to-boost-extend-network-signal.1127513/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a 5yr old home, two story, 3,000sq ft. I use a Linksys E4200 dual band router. I'm finding a dead spot where we place our TV and watch netflix streaming via a Roku box.
Running cat 6 is a project that I would rather not get into.

I would rather not extend the reach of my wireless. I would prefer a wired solution as it places an ethernet drop for other devices I might want to add.

Two options came to mind: Run ethernet over Power lines. I've read good things about Western Digital LiveWire http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=310

Then there is the option of running ethernet over coax. My home is fully wired for cable (which we don't use). Actiontec has a product http://www.actiontec.com/products/product.php?pid=192

Comments on the devices and/or other options to solve the problem?

Thanks,
BigDog101 in Texas

A:Extend network using Power line vs. Coax

I have never used the coax setup, but I have heard good things about powerline adaptors. They do the job and your house if fairley new and your should have no issues with crosstalk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extend-network-using-power-line-vs-coax.1024294/
Relevancy 52.03%

Please responed...

This is what i really hope to set up.
Its really all there..
if someone could tell me what i have to do...

BTW- the routers are both linksys.

The Link--- img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mynetworkqr0.png

thanks!!

A:Please Help Answer About My New Network And 2 Wireless Routers in One Network

I know English is not your first language... What is your question? Your link isn't posted properly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-answer-about-my-new-network-and-2-wireless-routers-in-one-network.107291/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi i have just setup a Devolo dlan 500 AV in my house but now i have two wireless networks in my house i am told i can get the Devolo to take the configuration of my original network so there is only one network.

I have tried following a video from Devolo and it does not work can anyone please help

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64383-help-needed-setting-up-devolo-dlan-500-av.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,

A friend of me has a setup where she uses a Devolo AV adapter to connect to a modem+router,

Now here's the problem:

Whenever internet works for her it goes down to everyone that's connected to the router whereas when those connections are working it is down on the devolo.

What might cause this?

A:Devolo DLAN as A.P. giving trouble

is this the device
http://www.devolo.co.uk/microsites/freesat/what_you_need.php?prid=5

can we see an ipconfig /all from the PC when connected and working

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/devolo-dlan-as-a-p-giving-trouble.1077937/
Relevancy 51.6%

I currently have a TP-Link WR do add range? How I router wireless to my extend my another home to network N as my main wireless router connects from the cable to modem to TP-Link I get pretty good range with the TP-Link but the wireless signal doesn How do I add another router to my home network to extend my wireless range? t cover my garage area I was thinking about running a network cable to my garage and hooking up my Linksys WRT G wireless router so that the wireless signal covers that area What do I need to do to set this up Is it as easy as just plugging in my Linksys router to a network cable and then just being able to connect a laptop wirelessly It would be great if I could just walk outside and as I moved toward the garage the laptop would just pick up the new routers wireless signal But if that isn t possible or requires to much then I would be ok with having to just switch and reconnect to the Linksys router everytime I went to the garage Thanks for all your help nbsp

A:How do I add another router to my home network to extend my wireless range?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-add-another-router-to-my-home-network-to-extend-my-wireless-range.999638/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I m hoping to extend my home network to include a few more devices and am looking for a little advice My current network comprises a Buffalo WBMR G UK router This is wired to a laptop a desktop and a music server Roku Soundbridge A nd Roku music server and my PS are connected wirelessly I plan to add a Linksys NSLU connected to a TB drive to serve my media and to wire the wireless components Ultimately I will have wired devices but only ethernet ports on my router I have a nd Buffalo WBMR G UK and also a spare old BT router lying around I had planned on converting one of these routers probably the Buffalo to work as a straight switch I then planned to connect the music servers and the NSLU to the quot switch quot and then connect the switch the pcs and the PS to the primary gateway router So my questions Can I use the nd router as a switch in this manner If so can you tell me what I need to do to it ie what settings to change in each router to make this happen Is it possible to stack the router and switch in this way and have all wired items accessing the network simultaneously or will I still be limited by the gateway router to just active ports with the devices on the switched port only being active one at a time If the answer to these questions are no then can you suggest another way to do this without spending too much time and money on this project Any advice on this is much as Buffalo a to switch network extend router home Using appreciated as I m essentially a network novice Thanks and Merry Christmas nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

My house is networked and we have a Linksys router in our basement supplying the connections. My father wants wireless upstairs. So if I get another router that supports wireless, how would I configure it to work with the current network? Thanks.

Relevancy 49.88%

i have an adsl modem with ethernet ports Network Two On Routers One and it does NOT have WiFi we will call this Router A as Router A has Two Routers On One Network no Wifi i Two Routers On One Network bought another router which has wifi ethernet LAN ports WAN port and it is NOT A MODEM we call this device Router B i have the network setup i set the IP of router A to ran an ethernet cable from it to Router B s WAN port and assigned it IP to access internet and set Router B s local IP to Router A assigns IP xxx whereas Router B assigns xxx to the devices that connect to it so now internet works in any way i connect to any of the routers but file sharing does not work between the two routers for example if i have one pc connected to one router and another pc connected to the other router i cannot share files between them what is the solution to this problem nbsp

A:Two Routers On One Network

i fixed my problem...i was connecting my Router A to Router B's WAN port.....now ive connected it to Router B's LAN port and disabled Router B's DHCP so that it only acts as a switch, its now working fine....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-routers-on-one-network.143206/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey folks I m attempting to configure a secondary router and I keep having to go to a computer that s plugged directly into it and reconfigure it before being able to access the configuration settings Network Two on Routers this on the secondary router Let me give you a brief run-down on the topology here T comes into the Two Routers on this Network house and connects to the primary firewall router a line goes directly from there to a -port switch to which CAT lines are connected One of the lines goes to an office that s some distance away and holds computers vs the originally-planned computer Therefore in that office we have installed the secondary router to handle the traffic of the now computers in there On that secondary router other than turning off DHCP there hasn t been any configuration Then on the two computers that plug directly into the secondary router they re both configured with static IP addresses and no Gateway cause they re merely file-servers that don t need Internet access What I would like Two Routers on this Network to be able to do is remote connect to one of those two and access the secondary router s configuration settings As it stands right now I have to physically go to Two Routers on this Network one of the two computers re-configure it to use the secondary router as its gateway then I can access the secondary router s config nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have about lost all my hair I am trying to follow instructions to the T and I am getting stuck Here is what I am wanting to do We have a BlueRay and TV that uses internet features and the TV has to have a wired and Blueray is cheaper to be 2 Routers, 1 Network wired than getting their wireless adapter anway Instead of buying a switch I still have my old router WRT G V one I am gonna put in living room My new Router is WRT I have the old router set as and 2 Routers, 1 Network the WRT It is setup on the LAN ports on both not WAN Block Anonymous Internet Requests is quot unchecked quot on the old router DHCP is disabled on the old router I can access both routers config pages from the main computer But the laptop that is attached to the old router cannot do anthing no config page nor internet I have manually tried doing an ip gateway in Windows but thats a no go I am at a loss please help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:2 Routers, 1 Network

disable DHCP on the wireless and leave only the Wired router with DHCP.

wire them in this sequence

Code:
modem---wired---(lan side)wireless....
any system can be wired to either router and the wired router will control all ip address assignments

the address of the wireless router does not matter as it will do no routing --
it's acting just like a switch.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-routers-1-network.130410/
Relevancy 49.88%

The scenario is: I have a PC running Windows 7 which is wirelessly connected to my Netgear modem-router. I wish to install a security camera outside my house, instead of running a long ethernet cable all the way back into my house from the camera to the Netgear, is it possible that I can connect the camera to another router outside, and then get that second router to communicate with my Netgear inside the house, and thus be able to control my security camera from inside?

Now I know the security camera can be connected to a router, and I can install software to remotely control it, but I'm not sure how I can go about using my Netgear to communicate to a second router. I haven't purchased the second router or the camera yet, but I want to know if it's possible before I do.

A:How do I use two routers in the same network?

Give this a read,
Wireless Bridge - DD-WRT Wiki

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184679-how-do-i-use-two-routers-same-network.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

Basically I live in a relatively big house, 2 Computers / 1 Console Downstairs and 3 Computers upstairs.

There is currently a Ethernet cable going upstairs into a computer, can I put that cable into another router and utilize it as a switch to then have 3 cables leading out of that router into the systems upstairs?

any information on this would be greatly appreciated I have been searching around google but nothing looks reliable to me, I have a fairly good knowledge on Hardware / Networking, but still studying.

thanks

A:Two routers on network

Put the cable to the upstairs computer into a SWITCH (not a router) and everything will be managed by the original router just fine

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-routers-on-network.169630/
Relevancy 49.88%

can two routers be used in the same network?

A:2 routers 1 network

Yes, you can use as many routers as you want, just remember the network speed will decrease as more computers are added.

Hook up one router to the modem then hook the other routers to it or even in series.

I haven't played much with multiple wireless routers, but we have several wireless routers running at work. I think you just have to make sure the computers within the overlap areas are configured to select one signal.

Also, if you have to run wires a very long distance, you can use routers to boost the signal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/2-routers-1-network-188707.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys,
I have a home network, it serves 2 laptops, 2 desktops. At the moment I currently have a Linksys Wireless B/G router. This is working well but i don't get a very good signal in my office, is their anyway to introduce a Netgear wireless B/G adsl router in to boost the signal?

Thanks!

A:Two routers one network

see if the linksys doesn't have this interface where you can boost the xmit rate

"Go to the Wireless tab, then to Advanced Settings. Find the entry labeled Xmit Power"

Unless you change the firmware on the linksys or either router has the ability to do wireless bridging you can't get two wireless routers to talk to each other wirelessly.

Google WRT and linksys for how to's on the firmware upgrades needed to make a linksys a wireless bridge.

You can always do this:
http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/N101236.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-routers-one-network.716768/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am currently on a T1 connection for my network. I have a server setup with dedicated IPs from the T1. I also connect to the server from my local network. I have recently gotten Comcast Cable for faster speeds for my network, but want to keep the T1 for the server and to server as a backup ISP. I purchased a Dual WAN router, but am having trouble switching over and letting my Server use the T1 while my PCs use the Cable.

So here's what I'm thinking. Can I have my server on its own router looking at only the T1, have all my PCs on the dual WAN router, and have them all see eachother?

Here is a picture to hopefully show how I'm setup now and how I am envisoning this. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 49.88%

So i have router hooked up to dsl line working fine wireless and everything. Now i Have a second router as well which i want to be able to pick the Wi-fi signal of the initial router and let me access the Internet on the second router (the one that i want to pick up the wifi signal) via its ethernet ports to stuff like TV blu-ray console etc.. Is it possible and how do i do it?

A:2 Routers network

I believe you need to configure the 2nd router as a bridge or access point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-routers-network.150706/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have two routers in my house and wish to network computers connected to each router.

I have no problem communicating between computers connected to the same router but not able to see/access the other computers that are connected to the 2nd router.

My two routers are 2wire 2701HG-B (router/modem), and Netgear WGR614 which is plugged into the 2wire router/modem.

Thanks for any help or maybe where to look information.

A:How do I network across two routers??

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-network-across-two-routers.857609/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am helping with a small network, maybe 10-12 computers, in very large building.
We have a bt business hub, which has DHCP Enabled (although most computers have manual IP Addresses).
Bt Router is 192.168.1.254 with standard subnet.

We have a 2nd TP-Link router setup but no DHCP on it, assigned 192.168.1.1 to Router. Gateway and DNS set to 192.168.1.254

Scope of Network on both Routers is identical 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.255

This is due to building size, with TP-Link Router acting as repeater (No Internet setup on Router as this is through BT Router).

The PC's nearest TP-Link identify and connect through TP-Link Router, and most work okay, but 1-2 drop off and can't find Internet Etc (PC's are mix of Win XP & Win 7)

Can i force PC's to look at BT Router rather than TP-Link (Just need TP-Link to be a Wireless Repeater).

Thanks In Advance

Relevancy 49.88%

Hey Guys been a while since my networking courses.

I have 2 routers 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs right now I have them both on different networks broadcasting different SSIDs. I want to move them both to the same network, instead of one being 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1 I want them all on the 192.168.0.1 network.

My plan is to simply apply the same SSID to both routers and subnet both of them within the 192.168.0.1 network to hand out addresses within their subnet.

Will this allow me to move throughout my house as if it was one network or should I have the second router act as an access point?

What are your thoughts?

A:2 routers 1 network

What is your Internet source(s)? One to each router or are they sharing one line?
If sharing one line, one has to be subservant to the other to function as one address network and if its two lines then even though you might have the same I.P. range they'll still be seperate networks...and confusing.
So for one network, yes, access point and simple switch for one router.
And if its two lines, therefore two networks, you can still communicate to each thru a proxy in the form of a computer with two network cards, one hooked up to each network, and then remote into that computer and network away!
I have two networks, one line, seperated into media and regular/work, so things like NetFlix and network media device playback work a treat without network congestion with the work network. Then I just use a computer with two network cards to transfer, maintain and what not between the two.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-routers-1-network.988355/
Relevancy 49.88%

At work we have a T1 line and then we have a cable connection through charter both on the same network. If i know the IP address of the charter modem, and I wanted to tell my NIC to use that instead of the T1 line would I just change the default gateway on my card to that of the modem?

A:Two ISP routers in one network

Yes. Provided both routers are on the same subnet your NIC is on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-isp-routers-in-one-network.917854/