Windows Support Forum

Solved: kicked off wireless network

Q: Solved: kicked off wireless network

this is kind of a network security issue i have a network of sometimes computers one is hard wired kicked off Solved: wireless network at all times the rest are wireless connections heres the situation at Solved: kicked off wireless network least once sometimes more a week the wireless connections get kicked off the network and i have to go in and communicate with the router through a hardwired connection and re-apply settings the router is a netgear wgt the computers are different makes and os this only happens when my step-daughter is up late at night doing her chat thing on one of the wireless computers which has parental controls thru norton and all kinds of website blocking now one of her friends is a little hacker with a keylogger could this be the cause of the wireless computers losing connection could my firewalls be detecting something and kicking up off as a result i am never aware of the lack of connections until the next morning when i try to connect to the net nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: kicked off wireless network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 76.97%

I have a Toshiba Satellite notebook with Windows Because I frequently Getting network wireless kicked off have to Getting kicked off wireless network take my computer Getting kicked off wireless network to client sites I find it easier to connect to the internet via wireless Often after the computer has been idle for an extended period it would disconnect from the wireless When I came back I would have to go through a reconnect and sometimes use troubleshooting to get back on-line Recently however the problem has expanded I'll be sitting at the computer working when it just goes off line When I click on reconnect and then go to troubleshooting one of several things happen I get a message that says quot Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all of the issues found 'Local Area Connection' doesn't have a valid IP configuration quot Then it reconnects I get a message that says quot Investigate router or broadband modem issues quot and tells me that it could not fix the problem Then it reconnects Neither of the above work and I have to reboot Does anyone know why it is doing this and more importantly if there is anything I can to about it It is incredibly annoying to click send on an email only to get a message that I am no longer connected to the internet Thanks for any help Harry Dreier

A:Getting kicked off wireless network

I removed the email address so that you do not get swamped by spam.

First thing is to update the driver for the wireless card . . Download it from the manufacturers support site and install it.

if the problem is still there,we can look deeper into your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus WiFi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here. For Vista and Windows 7, 8 you can use the Windows Snipping Tool

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/getting-kicked-off-wireless-network-851738.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a pc desktop, pc laptop, and a Macbook. ATT DSL is my IPS, and the router is a D-link DI-624 v. C, and it has the most recent firmware.

I can be on my Mac for hours, and when I turn on my desktop PC, the Mac gets kicked off the wireless network within minutes.

Is it the router?

Don't think it's the Macbook, as I have no problems at hotspots.

A:Keep getting kicked off wireless network when second wireless pc is turned on

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-getting-kicked-off-wireless-network-when-second-wireless-pc-is-turned-on.611763/
Relevancy 58.91%

My wireless on one computer (Compaq Presario M2000) has been very spotty for the past couple of days. It will not connect automatically to the wireless (router: Linksys WRT54G modem: Motorola SB5120). When I connect manually, it works for about ten minutes and then kicks me off again. I am able to reconnect, but again after ten minutes, I'm off again. Sometimes when I am connected the icon in the bottom still indicates that I'm disconnected. This does not happen with my other laptop. I tried to change my IP address, but I'm too good at this stuff and it didn't work. Any advice???

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello all and thanks in advance Here is my problem I pay rent and rent a small room in a back house In my rent is included the wifi internet provided by landlord Now here Need off kicked help, network... getting is the problem I have complained to the landlord that my connectin keeps cutting out every five or ten minutes and the signal keeps getting dropped or im beeing kicked from network try explaining this to a year old woman with no knowledge Need help, getting kicked off network... whatsoever about bandwidth and connection or wifi So I complain that I need the internet to upload and download and email projects because im a graphics arts student among other things i need the net for im paying for my share NOW the juicy thing is she has a stupid son who owns an xbox and she has envited me in their house and i see the wifi router in the same spot WELL RECENTLY its not there it got moved into the son s room He is now messing with me and Keeps booting me somehow from the wifi network Keeps moving the router out of my laptops range he knows this keeps turning the router off and on until i get tired and walk to library HOGS ALL the bandwidth with his laptop downloading and torrenting and xbox on playing online via WIFI connection So what im trying to get at is is there a way I can BOOT HIM make him taste his own medicine possibly block his xbox IP or ban it or even just shake him up by booting him back I ve spoken to the landlord mother about is alot of times and she just believes her son and has me on a lease contract so I cant move The son loves to play COD and BF on XB and gets mad when his latency gets too high or starts lagging real bad he blames my litlte laptop for hogging the bandwidth and starts doing his tricks on me he has friends at his school who know alot about networking and PCs he gets advice from them to harras me and make my life mysery All i need is a connection for an hour at a time so that I can upload my documents chat with my professors and do some of my online courses i been having to walk to the library just to use the net HELP ME SOMEONE WHO IS A COMPUTER GURU nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

hi all. my problem is that my network kicks me off after 8 min or so EVERY time.

i reboot, and it connects and works fine for 8 minutes, then i get no internet.

what should i do to fix it?

thanks!

(any info you need?)

Relevancy 58.91%

Just moved in to a new home and didn t have this problem before the move We have a new internet company but all other computers work with it including other wireless ones My laptop works if I m hardwired in but not Kicked off network the through my Kicked off the network linksys wireless router I can get on the network but it kicks me off after a few minutes The only way I can get back on is to click quot repair quot and then toggle my windows firewall settings I have no clue why this works but then I get kicked off after a few minutes and have to do it all over again It makes no difference whether I toggle on to off or off to on The toggle just lets the repair go through from Kicked off the network wherever it got stuck Ran anti virus software and nothing came up Downloaded a new reg key and that didn t work either We re at a loss here Help nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

A long time ago we got a wireless router for our downstairs and two quot cards quot which where placed in mine kicked out the Network Sister of me and my sister s computer Well our quot friend quot jacked her laptop card thingy and all and so she was lap-topless for a while Now her father got her a relatively old lap-top and we got her a new quot card quot to hook her up The Router was a Linksys quot Wireless-G quot Router which came with some quot SiS -based PCI Sister kicked me out of the Network Adaptors quot or something similar Now when she connected with her new card it required a network password or something where I just typed in some letters I remember and after I lost internet connection upstairs I was forced to type in the pass I am sure I had it right but it did not connect It said it was at first connecting and then renewing the IP address although it never completed renewing the IP Later after much tinkering with mine and the router connected PC s network settings it doesn t even connect although I suspect it never really did Any tips nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

This is my work computer and while I was checking my email a notification popped up from my anti spyware which is CA Secruity. There was a "Red X" down in my taskbar but once I pressed "Kill" on CA Security scan and restarted my pc it was gone. Yet my troubles continue. I've been booted off the network, it seems. When I try to start Quickbooks or UPS World Ship or even just try to go to the network itself it just says "You might not have permission to use to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions." This has never happened before and no one at work knows why. I think the thing from the email did it. Also I have XP SP3.

Sorry for the inconvience

-Ben

A:Extremely slow and kicked off the network

DDS (Version 1.0) - NTFSx86
Run by Meagan at 15:48:38.21 on Wed 11/19/2008
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.2037.1187 [GMT -6:00]

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k rpcss
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxFwHlp.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Magical Defrag 2\bin\aDefragService.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\ISafe.exe
C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Magical Defrag 2\bin\defragActivityMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Network Assistant\hnm_svc.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\CA_LIC\LogWatNT.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k HPZ12
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k HPZ12
C:\PROGRA~1\Intuit\QUICKB~1\QBDBMgrN.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\VetMsg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svcprs32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfsem.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Drag-to-Disc\DrgToDsc.exe
C:\UPS\WSTD\UPSNA1Msgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\cctray\cctray.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfasem.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spam\QSP-6.0.1.33\QOELoader.exe
C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Magical Defrag 2\bin\defragTaskBar.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mdmcls32.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboTaskBarIcon.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBServerUtilityMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe
C:\UPS\WSTD\WSTDMessaging.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\CAPPActiveProtection.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBCFMonitorService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Website Inspector\Toolbar\CAGlobal.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Website Inspector\Light\CAGlobalLight.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Website Inspector\Toolbar\CAGlobal.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Meagan\Desktop\dds.scr

============== Psuedo HJT Report ===============

uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com
uSearch Page = hxxp://www.google.com
uSearch Bar = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
mDefault_Search_URL = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
mSearch Page = hxxp://www.google.com
mStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com
uSearchAssistant = hxxp://www.google.com
mSearchAssistant = hxxp://www.google.com
uURLSearchHooks: {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\yt.dll
mWinlogon: Userinit=c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe,c:\windows\system32\twext.exe,
BHO: {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - c:\program files\yahoo!\com... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/extremely-slow-and-kicked-off-the-network-314804.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Can anyone help My laptop keeps getting kicked off the wireless until Laptop gets restart kicked reconnect network, won't off network Everything else connected to the network remains fine but the laptop won t let me reconnect until I reboot I ve ran TSG SysInfo and Hijack This and have posted the logs below any help would be much appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - Laptop gets kicked off network, won't reconnect until restart MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Satellite L Antivirus None Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Laptop gets kicked off network, won't reconnect until restart Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Laptop gets kicked off network, won't reconnect until restart Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files mail com mcalert exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files hijack Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sky com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http vshare toolbarhome com hp df R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer Provided By Sky Broadband R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll file missing R - URLSearchHook Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files Vuze Remote tbVuz dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll file missing O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and vid... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-gets-kicked-off-network-wont-reconnect-until-restart.1032233/
Relevancy 52.03%

I recently switched ISPs going from DSL to Cable and that s when everything went wrong In order to get the new network up and running I needed to use a new router I setup this network and everything seemed fine all computers could see and connect to the new network and even the printer could see and connect to the new network For whatever reason I could not get any of the computers one laptop running Windows and one running OSX Snow (I have work wireless Solved: network HP new on tried printer everythi won't wireless Leopard to see the printer wirelessly works fine via USB Solved: HP wireless printer won't work on new wireless network (I have tried everythi It would always say quot printer offline quot Uninstalled an re-installed all printer drivers on all machines printer is an HP Photosmart Solved: HP wireless printer won't work on new wireless network (I have tried everythi C all in one The printer network diagnostic page came back clean indicating that everything was connected correctly but when I pinged the IP address of the printer from the windows machine I d just be bet with a quot timed out quot message This lead me Solved: HP wireless printer won't work on new wireless network (I have tried everythi to think it was something to do with the router so I bought a D-link router and set everything up again Exact same scenario Even after setting the network up with no security options no WEP or WAP security This lead me to do a hard reset on the printer After booting it up again I ran the network setup wizard via the printer s LCD screen and tried to connect to the network This time however the printer won t connect the the network at all I printed the wireless network diagnostics page and it fails the quot No Filtering quot test HPs recommendation came back saying I should check to see if the router has MAC filtering turned on I went back to the router configuration page to see and no it s not conducting any MAC filtering Short of buying a brand new printer or buying some HP support it s out of warranty I don t know what else to try Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and just let me know if you need any further details The cold hard facts Mainly trying to get this working on a Windows laptop but I also have a Macbook pro running Snow Leopard that is experiancing all of the same problems Printer is an HP Photosmart C all in one Routers I ve tried both of these and they seem to have identical results Netgear WPN D-link N this is the router currently installed on the network Cisco modem and our ISP is Time Warner Cable nbsp

A:Solved: HP wireless printer won't work on new wireless network (I have tried everythi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-wireless-printer-wont-work-on-new-wireless-network-i-have-tried-everythi.1025500/
Relevancy 52.03%

I m trying to setup connect a wireless printer HP All-in-one so that a user can use his laptop wireless and print from anywhere in the house He did not have Home Solved: with How wireless to Printer - Internet & Wireless network any network set-up previously He had dialup and just purchased a new laptop with wireless and this new printer and has just gotten this new Rogers quot Rocket quot Stick Solved: How to - Wireless Internet & Home network with wireless Printer It s a USB internet connection uses cell phone frequency Normally this is pretty straight forward when conected to a wireless router I brought over a wireless router to test out When Rogers quot Rocket quot stick is connected for internet Can I connect to another wireless home network for sharing at the same time Computer Vista Laptop with Rogers Rocket Stick I tried a couple of things Setup a wireless network I used the setup internet connection wizard to configure a computer to computer wireless adhoc network appears to work for very short distances - feet I was able to print a test page but not anything else - so I thought about using my Dlink Router for greater distance if it was a distance thing as indicated I setup the Dlink wireless router as a standalone wireless network - not conected to the internet configured it and then configured my HP printer wireless to connect to that network I successfully configured the printer via wizard to connect to the found network - I then connected to this wireless network and added the network printer using it s HP Wireless wizard - it found it and added it successfully - I was able to print a test page from about feet But when I move to another room - It would not print assumed maybe a conflict collision with wireless rocket - but not sure Then I setup the HP printer as a hard wired network printer not wireless attached to a port on the wireless router itself - I then determined its IP address printer config report and then connected to the wireless network router and set-up added printer on the laptop as quot local printer quot using TCP IP specifying this ip address - When connected to the home wireless network and I was able to print a test page but not anything else Not sure if I m having a problem with the Rocket and Wireless router conflicting a firewall issue or something else or just Vista playing games Biggest issue is that it appears the wireless printer CAN BE reached by the laptop by either the wireless setup or direct network printer connection successfully Issue is that I m not able to print any other documents I get a message saying the printouts are pending I assume the printer is configured for sharing - thought about this after I left It appears it has something to do with a lost connection or collision Not sure if I m clear here - looking for advice recommendation on how to set this up Any help direction appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: How to - Wireless Internet & Home network with wireless Printer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-wireless-internet-home-network-with-wireless-printer.786885/
Relevancy 51.6%

I ran Yahoo Anti-spy and it brought SearchNet up It up Kicked Solved: SearchNet is in the registry hkey local machine system currentcontrolset enum root legacy fad I tried to remove it and got nowhere My computer has been slow amp freezing up alot - I m Solved: Kicked up SearchNet not sure if that is what has been causing it Yahoo anti-spy also kicked a trojan called othdo but was able to remove it So any help would be appreciated HJTlog Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS Solved: Kicked up SearchNet system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmsrvc exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS System igfxpers exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe C Program Files Yahoo YPSR ypsr exe C PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C Hijackthis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system verclsid exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com home ytie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com home ytie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su yme http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp yme http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com home ytie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS System igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM... Read more

Relevancy 51.6%

So guys I have been having this problem for several days One day I noticed that my wireless internet icon was gone from the taskbar I thought that s easy I d set it to show from Network Connections However when I went to Control Panel Network Connections would not open no hourglass or Network service Solved: start, wireless no Connections cannot network icon anything Nothing So I went to services msc and sure enough Network Connections was disabled I set it to Manual and tried to start it I got the error quot Could not start Network Connections on Local Computer xc quot This is bringing me down because I ve searched for an answer online for days nothing worked I tried using regsvr to register netshell dll but I got the error quot netshell dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found This file cannot be registered quot I have Windows XP Home Edition SP I have scanned for viruses with avast Home Edition Solved: Network Connections service cannot start, no wireless network icon found nothing And very surprisingly I still have internet But I travel so I need to choose my wireless networks and this way I can t Thank you in advance for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-connections-service-cannot-start-no-wireless-network-icon.758745/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All Please can anyone help I have done something and I don t know what I have just bought a new a IP Connection' Solved: does Help have Network not 'wireless a valid adapter network computer a compaq running windows AMD athlon tm IIx processor I had no problems connecting it to the internet it has Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a a wired ethernet cable which plugged to my Thompson router and worked straight away I also have a Toshiba satellite L - laptop running Vista with wireless internet connection At this stage I was getting internet on my new PC and wireless internet on the laptop The problem came when I tried to set up a home network I have done it previously on the old pc running Windows XP with no problems however I am not sure what I have done but I can get internet on the PC but on the laptop it is connecting to the wireless network but not the internet In the network and sharing centre it shows the laptop connected to an Unidentified network but then there is a cross through the line connecting it to the internet In Network and Internet Network connections I double clicked on Wireless Network Connection and then on diagnose I got a box with the heading - The network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot does not have a valid IP Configeration I am a bit bewildered what to do and thought it better to seek help rather than fumble around in the dark Hope someone can help Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-network-adapter-wireless-network-connection-does-not-have-a-valid-ip-a.1016800/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am trying to add a new network-ready printer Brother MFC- N to my existing wireless network The printer is connected to a LAN port on the back of a wireless router The pre-existing wireless network consists of a Linksys BEFW S wireless router a wired Windows XP Home desktop and a wireless Windows XP Home laptop The network has MAC address filtering and WEP security enabled I wired WEP network with Solved: security wireless printer on network turned off both MAC and WEP security when installing the printer and the wired desktop was able to detect the printer after going through quot add network printer quot I got the printer s MAC address from the printer test page and added that to the router and turned the MAC filtering back on and still ok I was able to detect the printer from the wired desktop and print I then turned on the WEP security Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network and suddenly the wired desktop no longer detects the printer tried pinging printer s IP address If I turn off WEP the desktop again recognizes the printer I m not sure why WEP is affecting communication between two components that are both wired into the router I haven t even tried to get the wireless laptop to communicate with the printer yet since I can t even get the wired desktop fully working first I don t want to disable WEP security so that is not an option Brother support says Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network its an issue with the router Is there some setting I need to change on the router Alternatively I think if I got a wireless print server and entered the WEP Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network key into the print server it would work but then there was no point in getting a network-ready printer in the first place I could have just kept my old non-network printer Any suggestions would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I have a small office network I had to reset the network password key and now I can enter wireless No secure network to [SOLVED] for otpion network key not get one of the laptops to connect to [SOLVED] No otpion to enter network key for secure wireless network the secure network All other wireless devices connect with no problem The network is available and has a bar signal strength When I select the network I do not get asked for the network key Instead there is an attempt to login and shortly thereafter I get an error message saying quot Windows is unable to connect to the selected network The network may no longer be in range Please refresh the list of available networks and try to connect again quot As stated above the strength is at bars and all of the other wireless devices are connected to the same secure network I am trying to connect to I have manually a ded the network SSID and network key and still can not get this laptop to connect to the secure network I am able to connect to several unsecure networks in the area but not my secure one My question is how do I get Windows to stop trying to login without asking for the network key Last note I have even tried uninstalling all the network adapters in hopes of resetting so that windows asks for the network key This also failed Thanks for any and all assistance

A:[SOLVED] No otpion to enter network key for secure wireless network

Hi and welcome to TSF I have moved you to networking support for more help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-no-otpion-to-enter-network-key-for-secure-wireless-network-569931.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am having a frustrating time with my network I work for an animall hospital and we have a wired wireless network with computers mixed vista ultimate and xp pro with server sp on the server I am using a Linksys WRT n router My main problem is with my wireless computers a desktop with a US Robotics g turbo and one of my laptops a Dell Inspiron They are and network drops Wireless slow network is Solved: signal no more then feet from the router and Solved: Wireless network drops signal and network is slow always have a strong signal but will drop their connection and have to be logged of and logged back on It is very frustrating because there is no rhyme or reason for it Sometimes it will stay connected all day without dropping and other days it will drop - times I am not sure if this is related or not but there are several wireless networks that can be seen by these computers including a Comcast WIFI and an Optonline WIFI Also the network will slow down every so often wired as well as wireless and I am no sure what the is about Our applications that we run are not very intence no graphics or large packets being sent Some one said they thought there might be a some sort of a Windows Sharing App running on the server Solved: Wireless network drops signal and network is slow that was bogging it down but I am not sure Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance Supergroomer nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there, I use Wireless internet for both my pc and laptop, and connect through my BT Homehub. But whenever I open the wireless connections tab, it always shows a Talk Talk Wireless option along with the BT one which I use (and sometimes a 3rd connection that is unknown to me).
I think my network is secure, as I have to put a network key in before it will connect to the internet on the PC, but when I connect to the internet on the laptop no key is required, (so unsure a bit now) but I just wanted to make sure that the Talk Talk connection and the other one that is showing, is not somebody who can see all of the files on either my pc or laptop.
Just wanted some advice really, to make sure I dont have anybody viewing my files etc. Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 51.6%

IGNORE IGNORE.... fixed it thanks anyway
Hi there,
I am having trouble connecting to the internet from my laptop via a D-Link wireless ADSL router.

This is a new problem on a laptop that has been used on this wireless network many times - very strange?

When i click "repair" it seems to hang at the point of acquiring my IP address.
Any ideas?
Thanks

A:Solved: Wireless network connection can not acquire network address?

Through the web browser on my desktop i changed some settings on the router i.e. the WPA, and it seemed to work? Magic

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-connection-can-not-acquire-network-address.620247/
Relevancy 51.6%

Someone asked me about hooking up there xbox to the internet. Their home is wireless and the xbox is across the room. Is there something I can get that receives the wireless signal from the network then transmits it through the wire plugged into it? Basically, the opposite of a wireless access point. Thanks.

A:Solved: Wireless network - need something that does wireless to wired for xbox

The device you want is called a wireless bridge; e.g., see http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q...r=lang_en&newwindow=1&sa=N&tab=ff&oi=froogler

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-need-something-that-does-wireless-to-wired-for-xbox.401547/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I am having an issue connecting to any wireless network Problem s existed for days for unknown reason I have uninstalled and installed and then updated drivers I also disabled and enabled the respective services from quot services msc quot but no go I typed quot cmd ipconfig all quot and that s what I received ------------ Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Solved: any wireless network card can't wireless detect My C Users Thamer gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Thamer-VAIO Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter Broadband M ak Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadband M ak Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - - - D-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -A - - DHCP Enabled Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network Tunnel adapter isatap D A - CBC- B-A -BAB F E EC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e d e ab b e Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe d e ab b e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DD EB B- - -AC -E FC A EADB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DE -F D- A - E - AD AC D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Thamer gt ---------------------------------- TSG SysInfo Report Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO N A N A Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled ---------------------------- HiJack this Report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x WordWeb wweb exe C Program Files x ONSPEED onspeedcore exe C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer exe C Program Files x Quick net ModemListener exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility CCP exe C Program Files x Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Zone... Read more

Relevancy 51.6%

I live in a large house that has ethernet ports throughout the house. I need to have two separate wireless routers to insure I have wireless coverage. There will be one upstairs and one downstairs. Is there any advantages or disadvantages in naming both of the wireless networks with the same name?

Thank you for looking.

A:Solved: Naming a wireless network using two wireless routers

I wouldn't use two SOHO wireless routers for this.

The better way is to use APs from companies like Aruba Networks, Ubiquiti, or Meraki. These companies have APs which allow them to operate as one unified wireless network without the expense of purchasing a wireless controller. By doing this, you have the ability to add APs anytime you want which will join the AP cluster and operate as a unified device with the cluster. It allows the ability to have the APs being aware of each other and as a result adjust their output transmissions so they won't be stomping on each other running full blast. It allows you to use one or more SSIDs which all the APs will service and hence more seamless roaming throughout your house; without issues inherent with using independent APs or with SOHO wireless routers configured to use the same SSID. These systems also have the ability to constantly auto select operating channels in both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands so your wireless network is always operating at the best efficiency/performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-naming-a-wireless-network-using-two-wireless-routers.1139849/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi! i really have a big trouble at my wireless connection. i cant enable my wifi by using Fn. and when i try enabling my wireless connection trough control panel, my laptop started hanging and i can't use it any more. so i have to force turning it of and i have to restore the system trough safemode. i have to do it to enable to use my laptop again.. im using Windos 7 my laptop is MSI GE700

Hope someone could help me . =(

Relevancy 51.17%

I was trying to tripple boot w/ Windows 7, win xp and ubuntu. i already had windows 7 and ubuntu on the computer, but when i installed win xp, windows 7 wouldnt boot. ive tried grub, using the bootrec.exe /fixboot and /fixmbr commands, but cant get it to load. When i load up the windows 7 install disk, it finds the windows 7 installation, but says its on an unknown disk. i can only assume that the windows xp installation kicked windows 7 off of the c: drive, and now windows 7 is floating around in oblivion.

any thoughts on how i can get it to boot?
Other potentially helpful info:

i can see the partitions info in ubuntu, but since linux dosent use a drive scheme, i kinda expected that.

i can see the drive in win xp's disk management, but i cant give it a drive letter

A:Solved: Windows 7 was kicked off of the C: drive by Win XP

ok, so i managed to get it working. i had to use the paragon partition manager to make the partition unhidden and active.(not quite sure how that happened, perhaps a side effect of the win 7 startup repair?)

once i did that, i went into the boot.ini file and pointed it to the correct partition, then reran the win 7 startup repair. it seems to have fixed it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-was-kicked-off-of-the-c-drive-by-win-xp.884878/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,
No matter what I do firefox continues to kick me out everyday. It is not even a pattern . I updated to the latest one and went back to classic view.
Still being kicked out.

Thank you,

Kim Morris

A:Solved: firefox-continue being kicked out

Are you experiencing this issue with any other browser, like IE?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-firefox-continue-being-kicked-out.844606/
Relevancy 51.17%

First of all, THANKS for looking! Here's my quandry:

My wireless router is in the living room. My printer (which is networkable but not wireless) is in the study. How can I print from a laptop that is on the network wirelessly to that printer? (without walking the laptop over to the printer and using the USB cable)

I was thinking of adding another wireless router over by the printer and plugging the network cable into the router and printer. The router would not have any other network connection (wired) and set the router as an access point only.

Would that work? Probably not but figured it was worth a shot!

Thanks again for your help.

A:Solved: Printing to Network Printer via Wireless Network

If you are able to use the wireless router in bridged mode to connect to your wireless router in the living room then it should work yes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printing-to-network-printer-via-wireless-network.800417/
Relevancy 50.74%

I was kicked off my dial up connection I checked the event log and this is what I found Event Type Error Event Source W Time Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer COMPUTER Description The time provider NtpClient is configured off kicked error, internet Solved: W32Time XP to acquire time from one or more time sources however none of the sources are currently accessible No attempt to contact a source will be made for minutes Solved: XP W32Time error, kicked off internet NtpClient has no source of accurate time For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type Error Event Source W Time Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer COMPUTER Description Time Provider NtpClient An error occurred during DNS lookup of the manually configured peer time windows com x NtpClient will try the DNS lookup again in minutes The error was A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host x For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I have an older desktop and increased my memory from 378mg to 750 mg - I installed PC133 512 mg - - programs are working great - the problem is that I am getting kicked off the internet - it will sometimes reboot the pc when I get kicked off. The pc recognizes the memory. Is there something that I need to do to that Mozilla or Explorer recognizes it? I am running XP pro

Thanks,

Frank

A:Solved: increased memory - getting kicked off internet

I took ram back ... working ... sort of

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-increased-memory-getting-kicked-off-internet.609983/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm trying to connect to a wireless network with a laptop. It required a network key, so I went on the one laptop used regularly in the place and used to configure it and turned off the encryption. I am now posting this from the desktop which is still connected. My laptop indicates it's connected but won't receive any data. Ping shows "destination host unreachable" and 100% loss.

Relevancy 49.88%

I am totally new to networking and have been reading up for a week now and cannot work my issue out I realise this is most likely basic questions but total learning curve is a Network Network and Solved: Wireless Wired testing me out I have just purchased a new PC and the OldPC is still good and works fine so I would like to network even if for short time to move large files over Both PC s run XP Home in SP I have a Speedstream Modem with a Belkin Wireless N Router connected to it and through to new PC with Ethernet Cable I have added a Netgear Wireless G USB Adaptor to OldPC Both are connecting to net and work fine Also purchsed a crossover cable and I tried connecting OldPC to Belkin Solved: Network a Wired and Wireless Network Router and was successful - still got net on old PC so everything seems ok there I have Trend Micro trail version on new PC - at least for a short time and AVG Internet Security on OldPC On the Trend Network page I can only see new PC I can log into Belkin Router and see both PC s Also connected at times are PS and an IPod While I had the crossover connected I could see entries on the Belkin for OldPC However no matter all above the original intent to network the via wireless and or crossover I cannot see either from the other PC When I go to My Network Places and select View Workgroup Computers is says that I do not have access Obviosly I have done something wrong I also suspect it may have something to do with Access Pont but not sure How do I get setup nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

This concerns my mother's 2-year-old Toshiba laptop. My mother says that sometimes she is suddeny thrown out of her computer - when she is on the internet, or reading her e-mails etc.- whatever she is doing is interrupted without warning by a Windows Update screen telling her to wait and that Windows Update is updating her computer. Then the computer shuts down/reboots. And my mother has to start anew with whatever she was doing. Is this a Windows Update setting thing? My mother says that she has had this problem from the very start (she thinks so at least).

A:Solved: Windows Update problem: user is kicked out of system during installation

Update: okay, I checked my mother's laptop myself. It seems that there is a Windows Update feature my own laptop doesn't have: after downloading the updates, a nagging Windows Update box with a sort of timer/countdown function appears, asking whether the computer should be restarted, or the installation of the updates postponed. If neither of these options are chosen, then it will reboot automatically in 5 minutes. So...how do I get rid of that pesky box?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-update-problem-user-is-kicked-out-of-system-during-installation.762939/
Relevancy 48.16%

Virgin ar upgrading out internet to mb yay for free yay However at the moment we are using the virgin router to get the internet into the house and then using a Belkin play for the wireless netwrok to get internet the reason for this is that the Belkin router has a USB socket wireless play network simultaneously? network belkin and virgin wireless on it that we have a hard drive plugged into it with all our music on it so that we cna access our music from all the computers around the house This has worked fine fo rus for a while now However with Virgin upgrading the internet they are provinding some new superhub theri words wireless router for free and it makes sense to use it as I suspect it will be faster and able to cope with the mb internet speed We would however like to still access out hard drive from all around the house So is it possible to get out internet from the virgin wireless router and access the hard drive through our Belkin router So we need to access two wireless routers at the same time Is this easy or horrible complicated i will need to set up virgin wireless network and belkin play wireless network simultaneously? computers to do this - is running windows basic windows home premium windows virgin wireless network and belkin play wireless network simultaneously? professional running vista Sandy nbsp

A:virgin wireless network and belkin play wireless network simultaneously?

should be easy , I had to do the same with talktalk supplied router and my linksys router which had the harddrive via usb for music

what you do is here
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together
From a John Will Post

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Connecting_two_SOHO_broadband_routers_together

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virgin-wireless-network-and-belkin-play-wireless-network-simultaneously.1048065/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi first of all I m not a tech whiz so please bear with me enabling/disabling SSID network broadcast. disconnection, Solved: solved by Wireless My home network consists of a SpeedTouch ST Solved: Wireless network disconnection, solved by enabling/disabling SSID broadcast. ADSL modem and a Cisco WRT G wireless router I have a desktop under a wired connection and a notebook in another room that connects wirelessly Both of them use windows Almost daily the wireless connection disconnects after some time of usage and stays that way From what I can tell it seems to occur randomly My desktop however remains connected so it s not the entire internet is down Through some tinkering I discovered that I could get the notebook to reconnect by either enabling or disabling my SSID broadcast depending on which setting it was in the first place I do think it s related to my desktop though This problem occurs ONLY when both desktop and notebook are on If I m only using my notebook there won t be any disruptions Anyone has any idea what s going on Could someone be hijacking my network Any help will be appreciated thanks Btw I used to use a Wire unit which was a modem and router and did not encounter such problems before nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless network disconnection, solved by enabling/disabling SSID broadcast.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-disconnection-solved-by-enabling-disabling-ssid-broadcast.1087901/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have 3 pc's one wired to modem and router, the other 2 are wireless. The printer is connected to one of the wireless pc's and prints fine from this pc, the printer is set to shared on this pc, i cannot print at all from the other pc's and the printer software and drivers are installed on all. xp home sp2 on all pc's Its like i am missing something

A:Solved: Solved: Solved: help: printer sharing on a wireless network

When you go into Printers and Faxes on the "host" computer, the printer has a hand under it, indicating shared, right?

In Printers and Faxes on the other two computers, does the printer have a pipe under it, indicating a network printer?

What error message do you get when you try to print? If no error message, does the print job go into a queue on that computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-solved-help-printer-sharing-on-a-wireless-network.415640/
Relevancy 47.3%

I would like to add a wireless router to my system, but don't have a clue what equipment to get. I have the following computers in the house and need something that will work on all of them.

Compaq Presairo PC (this is my main computer)
HP Pavillion PC (my daughters)
Dell Lattitude laptop (my mothers)

The two PC's are currently connected to a router, but with the addition of my mom's laptop I would like to try wireless rather than run another cable through the house.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Relevancy 47.3%

I am just speculating on whether I can do this...
I have one computer with broadband and a router (Linksys broadband with phone ports) for my VoIP phone. I wonder if it is possible to create a wireless network with an old Mac (circa 1995). What hardware would I need for both computers? How expensive would this be? Would there be interference with my VoIP? (I have no problem using the phone when I'm also on the Internet.)
Thanks, jethsy

A:Solved: Can this be done?--wireless network with old Mac

It's really going to depend on the MAC. I suspect you can use a wireless access point, since it'll have the connection logic embedded. A wireless adapter is unlikely to run with most 1995 vintage Mac's I would imagine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-this-be-done-wireless-network-with-old-mac.378848/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok, so I just recently moved and we bought a brand new router that could handle multiple connections to the network. I am running windows 7. The other laptop and our wii are not having any problems, just my laptop. The connection keeps going in and out throughout the day even when it is reporting full strength. Websites will fail to load, so I keep clicking on them until they do. When it gets too bad I will go unplug the router to reset it and that fixes the problem for a few hours. Occasionally it will show limited connectivity but it doesnt even last long enough to run the diagnostic to tell what the problem is. It has to be something with the computer. Settings maybe? IP address? I have the free Norton trial for anti virus right now (laptop is only a few months old). HELP!!

Relevancy 47.3%

Alright guys... I have two computers (1 laptop and 1 desktop) and they are both wireless. My problem is that I have not been able to network them together so that we may share files and more importantly the printer. I have had no luck with anything I have tried so far. Both are online and both are working great but no luck with file or printer sharing yet. Any ideas?!?

A:Solved: Wireless Network

Hey,

Are they both on the same workgroup? (check this in System Properties) If not just make both of them have the same workgroup name and ensure that their firewalls aren't blocking each other.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network.376072/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi

Basically I have a Netgear DG834PN which works OK but for some reason it doesn't reach the whole house as fast as I would like therefore I want to extend the wireless connectivity. I am going to get a Netgear DG834GT from my new ISP so basically is it possible to connect them together using wireless so the signal is much stronger throughout the whole house?

At the moment my PC is connected to the DG834PN using ethernet but I cannot get wireless upstairs so I want to somehow extend the signal using DG834GT so my laptop works upstairs.

Thanks for your help

Relevancy 47.3%

hi i am trying to create a wireless network for the business i work at, i am kinda there tech guy, and i dont have the disc to the router. the router is a sagemcom se567 in other words the one frontier gives there costumers the most. thank you if you guys can help also i have tried creating a network through the contol panel did not work.

A:Solved: wireless network help

It appears you can download the user manual (full version) here.

We can probably be of some help, but you need to specify with what you are having difficulty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-help.1021919/
Relevancy 47.3%

ok I cant connect to a wireless network any more because my computer doesn’t know it is capable of doing this any more

the problem is the network driver I think I might have deleted it by mistake anyway when I look at it is system hardware

this is what is said. The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) so I try and install them but it said it cant find them

is there a website I can manually download it from and install my self I have a hi grade computer notino c7000s

can some one pleas help thanks

Relevancy 47.3%

Got a problem, my sons computers (2) are working off a LinkSys wireless router while mine is connected to the router with a cable,. we're all running XP Pro.
When I did the XP home network thing, my kids can see my computer but not the individual drives, even though I'm set to 'share' them all. I can see their drives though, and they also can't see each others.
Do you think this problem is with the router settings (some kinda security thing?) or is it a MS problem.
Any help appreciated, thanks!

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I will give you the whole background so you will know how to pinpoint the problem I had just recovered from a virus and was able to re access windows But safe mode was locked out from a blue screen of death I ran a windows repair It completed and restarted but in the middle of the re start it froze I was locked out windows but followed instructions to reset the activation for days But the activate key icon would disappear and never opened I went back in the safe mode and got rid of the activation reminder When I tried to start the wireless network I kept getting errors Limited connect acquiring network signal verify identiy The wireless adapter Wireless network Solved: that I Solved: Wireless network was using was a linksys I tried to reinstall it an it said that service pack was required I returned it and got a netgear The netgear said that in order to support wpa security Solved: Wireless network download Microsoft hot fix kb I tried to install the later program kb and I got that it was incompatible nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hey All, Im getting ready to setup a wireless network at home. I have a wireless router and my laptop has built in wireless capabilities. I have all the cables necessary and am ready to begin. Does anyone have any tips on what to and not to do. Thanks!

Relevancy 47.3%

My wife is using a Dell laptop computer for the semester and since we do not have cable outlets for our cable modem in every room, we would like to buy a wireless router. The laptop she is using contains a Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN mini/PCI wireless card. I was looking at a Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router, but I am not sure if that card will recognize that router signal or whatever you call it. We don't want to have to buy an adapter just to get a decent router, so if the two are not compatable, could someone please let me know what a good purchase for that wireless card would be.

Thanks.

A:Solved: Wireless Network

Yes, they are compatible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network.493394/
Relevancy 47.3%

i have a win7 wired pc and wireless xp pc on my home network, file/printer sharing works between those 2 but i cant see the xp pc in the network sharing centre on win7.

why is that?

Relevancy 46.44%

I will be getting a D-Link DWL-922 Wireless Network Starter Kit. It comes with the DWL-G122 USB adapter and DI-524 wireless router.

My question is:
How do I make sure no one else outside my home can access my computers/internet?

I am running Win XP Pro and Win 2000 Pro.

Relevancy 46.44%

I have a moden that is both a modem and a ethernet/wireless router. My desktop is connected to it via ethernet and my laptop via wireless. When I try to make a LAN which contains both computers, it doesn't recognize the laptop and when I try to make a wireless network, it doesn't recognize the desktop. I would like to know how to make a network that incoperates both computers.

A:Solved: Create A Network with Both Wireless and LAN

I just find it kind of funny that I went to Yahoo Answers, a non-technical forum and recieved an answer to this question within eight minutes. As of now, I've been waiting one hour.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-create-a-network-with-both-wireless-and-lan.801511/
Relevancy 46.44%

i just bought the D-LINK wireless N DIR 615 and installed it to my desktop. Then i have the dlink DWA-130 wireless N usb adapter plugged into my laptop. After installing everything, the internet works perfectly on my desktop but the connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and disconnecting etc for my laptop. I don't know what's causing this problem and how to solve it so please help. When i click repair in the "Local area network properties", it says it "cannot renew IP address". SO im guessing it has somehting to do with the IP address.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hiya A mate of mine has rung and Solved: Setting Network Wireless up he s setting up a wireless network but as I ve never done one yet I thought to ask here Its an INeXQ ISW T broadband router Looked on the website and its Solved: Setting up Wireless Network not listed so Solved: Setting up Wireless Network looks like Solved: Setting up Wireless Network it may be an upgraded model He conected it all up and looked at the little icon near the taskbar and it said it was sending recieving okay However he cannot access the internet Had a look at this http www inexq co uk web english service faq asp app id amp topic id amp service id And tried the last part about switching off and on in certain steps no joy Just looked in the Control Panel and he tried the Wireless Wizard that s shown There was a part where it said to add the name of the network and press Next He does but it said its using charecters that are not to be used I told him to just type the letter a and it still said it At the bottom there were two options Automatically Assign a WEP key Manualy assign a WEP key Any ideas what he s don t wrong Can t get round there myself have to do this all via the ol phone Many thanks eddie nbsp

A:Solved: Setting up Wireless Network

Well, you want to manually assign a WEP key, and you need to make it match the one in the router. I'd simply disable encryption until you get connected, then enable it and enter matching keys in the router and the client. Also, use the hex key option, don't use pass-phrases to generate the keys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-setting-up-wireless-network.418139/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a server that s hard wired to a Linksys WRT GS router I also have wireless pcs and one wireless Xbox live on the network One of the wireless pcs lost internet randomly and I haven t been able to figure out the problem It s Solved: network wireless browse pc 1 Can't with on a Vista pc the server and Solved: Can't browse with 1 pc on wireless network other pcs that can connect are all XP I cannot browse in Firefox IE with without add-ons or Opera in regular mode I am able to ping the router and ping google successfully I am able to browse in safe mode I have updated the firmware on the router I have updated the driver for the wireless adapter Dell Broadcom I have tried a static ip I have tried both netsh winsock reset and netsh int ip reset I have moved the wireless card to another slot I have turned off firewalls on the Vista pc and the router The only thing that I can come up with is that there were a few viruses on the pc it s my son s and he installed unistalled many firewalls amp virus scan programs I m worried that there may be traces of the firewalls or viruses left that could be the issue Any suggestions on what to try next nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I think this problem has something to do with our network as it is present on both laptops but not on the pc We are unable to access many pages on IE although they all open on AOL with no probs Windows XP update will not work through either browser though and says that the server is unable to communicate with the system We have tried running an upload test on pcpitstop which said there was likely a problem with the ftp protocol presumably that would also cause the windows update problem We have tried disabling both windows firewall and the router firewall but it makes no difference My husband has also had a problem downloading programmes on the bbc imp player which their tech department say is caused by his not having an internet connection he clearly does as I am typing this from his laptop now He removed the imp player to try to re-install it but we cannot open the sign-in page on either web browser to download it again I have had problems on my own laptop with opening sign-in pages on ebay paypal and msn passport Has anyone any suggestions please Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: FTP problem on wireless network?

Problem solved.

The router software updated, and we had to re-install...I forgot that I had originally used Drtcp to set the mtu to 1400.

I have done that now, and all works fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ftp-problem-on-wireless-network.422290/
Relevancy 46.44%

Am using hp pavilion t550a with xp home and dlink dwl 520 wireless adapter.
Have got internet protocol set to obtain ip & dns automatically.
I get a bubble mess saying that there might be inerference between this computer and the network access point, or the network is refusing access to this computer.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi folks Sorry about this but it s another post about the wonderful world of wireless Here is my setup Machine Host machine XP Pro self built PCI wireless network another problem wireless sorry Solved: network card Belkin g Machine XP Home Fujitsu Siemens Solved: sorry another wireless network problem USB Wireless adaptor Belkin Wireless G Router Gateway Linksys WAG S The problem All was well until Monday when my girlfriend logged into machine and told me that she had a message saying limited or no connectivity She knows how to do a repair and tryed that option but all to no avail I then checked all the settings and everything was correct obtain IP address automatically etc I rebooted the router but still no joy tryed my machine machine but still nothing I then dug out my network cable and attached that sucess I now had an internet connection but still no wireless This unfortunately has been the situation ever since I have tried all sorts to fix the wireless but still no joy What I have tried Rebooted the router reset to factory defaults on the router re-installed the router Uninstalled the wireless network card reinstalled the card both phyiscally and virtually Updated the drivers used the ipconfig release and renew commands searched various websites even tried swearing but still no joy Please please can someone help nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I just got my laptop running on XP back from repair with new motherboard and harddrive My problem is that I cannot connect to the internet now via my router I m quite sure that the repair people connect network to Can't wireless Solved: connected to their local wireless network because I can see their Solved: Can't connect to wireless network details in quot preferred networks quot under quot wireless network connection properties quot Also it seems that when being online Solved: Can't connect to wireless network my windows xp got updated via the automatic update feature so it seems rather certain that it IS possible to connect from the laptop But not to my router trying to connect results in it trying for a long time before giving up I m sure it is WEP and I m sure the network key is correct I m not sure what to set the quot network authentication quot to if that matters but I ve tried all combinations anyway and no joy so far I m not quite sure what further info you might find useful so please Solved: Can't connect to wireless network let me know if you need to know more The following is what I get from an quot ipconfig all quot any use Windows IP Configuration Host Name acer-b d b Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - F-B -F - -E Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - A-F - C Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - F-B -F - -E Ideas by the way the router is ok as I can connect to it from another laptop nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, I just got a brand new lap top with windows 7. For some reason it can't seem to pick up my wireless network. It's equipped with the Intel wifi link 5300 AGN.

My wireless router is a Linksys Wireless-G (WRT54G) V8.

It's really annoying to have it prompt me saying "no networks available" when my old laptop and ps3 pick up my signal just fine.

Any advice as to how i can correct this?

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I hope you guys can help me.

Wireless Equipment

D-link DIR-655 router set to only N
Old Netgear Router used as access point set to only G (I set up as an access point by turning off DHCP, changing the IP adresss and set to only G.)
Wireless Printer (only G Capable)
Cell Phone (only G Capable)
2 Laptops (both N capable)
iPad (N Capable)
Roku Media Box (N capable)

Problem

If I put the router and access point on the same SSID then equipment that is N capable will connect to the G network.

If I use two different SSIDís then the printer is unreachable.

Is there a way of either (a) having two SSID's but allow the printer to be seen or (b) having one SSID, with separate access points for N and G but not allow N functioning client to connect to the G access point.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello recently I was playing a game on my Toshiba satellite laptop I was connect to my wireless network when suddenly I got disconnected I went to network and sharing center and it said quot No connection are available quot so I checked my wireless router and it is working my desktop computer can connect to the internet via ethernet as can my Nintendo Wii via wireless so I plugged my laptop in directly to the router via ethernet and the internet works perfectly but when I unplugged wireless to Solved: network connect Cannot the ethernet cable I still had no wireless internet access I tried uninstalling and re-installing wireless adapter drivers unplugging router and plugging it back in secs later turning laptop wireless adapter on and off and booting into safe mode with networking non of these worked I can ping loop back address from wireless but cannot reach anything else when I tried IPconfig command it said status was quot Media Disconnected quot my guess is it needs a new wireless adapter but wanted to make sure before I buy one NOTE wireless adapter is internal and is the original one that came with the laptop PC Specs Solved: Cannot connect to wireless network model Toshiba Satellite L D-S OS Windows -bit processor AMD Turion X Dual-Core Mobile RM- GHz Memory GB Wireless Adapter Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

What is the network cofiguration that has been best for you and why? I have had good luck with Linksys and D-Link in the past. So far - no problems with compatibility.
-pist-

Relevancy 46.44%

2 Laptops, both with XP Pro. Using Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router wrt54gx2. Both computers can now connect to the internet okay. But they cannot communicate with each other. I ran "Set up hom e or small office network" wizard on both; said they connected to the internet through residential gateway. Rebooted; still cannot see each other. Under Network connections, each can see its own shared folder but nothing else. Both computers are on the same workgroup.

Any suggestions on what to look for to get them to recongize each other?

Relevancy 46.44%

The secure wireless network I've been using for the last 2 years has suddenly gone missing. I am able to connect wirelessly on the unsecured Linksys network, but that is the only choice available. I am able to view my secure network in the Network and Sharing center under the task of Managing Wireless Networks, but don't know how to add or access it. I'm not a very tech savvy person, so any help would be really appreciated. I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 running Windows Vista Home Basic and a Linksys Model WRT54G wireless router. Thanks!

Relevancy 46.44%

Please bear with me a s I am not very good at PC problems so be patient Before Christmas I was running my desktop through an ethernet cable to Solved: problems network Wireless my ISP The router I am using is a netgear DG The router has a link for a wireless modem so I have purchased one - a D-Link DI I Solved: Wireless network problems have wired it as shown - from my internet link to the Solved: Wireless network problems netgear from the netgear WAN link to the D-Link with a hard wired ethernet cable from the netgear to my desktop My desktop is working fin I have normal internet access but my laptop will not conect to the internet The laptop has picked up my wireless link it shows a Mbps normal connection but then when I try to go to the internet it cannot connect I have typed in the CMD line the IPCONFIG address which returns lots of data but one is the IP address on the laptop is amp on the desktop it is I have also pinged the router and received returns but when I ping a web address it cannot find it I am desperate - my kids are about to kill me PS - laptop works fine hardwired through the netgear router Any ideas Thx nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I am currently connected to a wireless network using the BT Voyager 2100 Wireless router, my computer uses a Card which came with the router to connect to the network.

However I have recently bought a new laptop which has its own inbuilt wireless adapter, however when searching for the network with the wireless adapter on and the security settings off it cannot detect it.

How do I get my laptop to connect to this network.

Thanks

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all,

I'm having a recurring issue with my wireless network and would appreciate any help you can provide.

I connect to the web via a Belkin F5d7630-4a ADSL Modem with built in wireless router. The router is always on and I have a desktop PC connected via a wired connection.

When I first boot the laptop, it will generally find the wireless connection within a minute or so (although not always). If the laptop powers down, hibernates or sleeps, it sometimes reconnects, but generally can't. Once it's lost the connection, I generally need to reboot the laptop, sometimes two or three times to get it to find it again, even with the laptop sitting right next to the router.

I'm using WPA authentication and have hidden my SSID.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to resolve this, as it's driving me crazy.

Thanks.

Mike.

Relevancy 46.44%

Solved on my own - thanks anyway

A:Solved: Wireless network won't show up

Open up an internet browser and type 192.168.2.1 and hit enter. Then click on "wireless" and there should be a setting to "enable wireless"

Just a thought

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-wont-show-up.818403/
Relevancy 46.44%

Ok, so all these support websites say it's so easy to protect a wireless network. they would be pretty much right except for one detail, they dont tell you how to protect a network, they tell you how to protect a profile. while setting up the profile, enable wep security, enter the password blah blah blah and yeah you've got the profile protected, whilst you're network still appears unsecured and anyone can connect to it! can someone please tell me how to protect the NETWORK???? thanks

A:[SOLVED] how to protect a wireless network????

Hi Anne, welcome to TSF.

You need to be connected to your wireless router via ethernet cable.
Then you need to browse to it to access it's settings.

To find out it's address, go to Start > Run and type cmd. Press OK.
Type: ipconfig and then hit enter.

A list will show. Look for Default Gateway and it should have an address of 192.168.*.1 (the star being a number).

Open up Internet Explorer and then type in the Default Gateway into the Address Bar.

Your router settings interface should load. Remember this address for the next time you want to access router settings.

Next, find the Wireless Settings. Choose a name for your network and enter it into the SSID.

If there is an option to HIDE your SSID or not to Broadcast it, you should choose this option later, once you have connected all wireless devices to the network. This is added security as no one else will be able to see your network.

Find the Encryption Settings. DO NOT CHOOSE WEP
As a minimum choose TKIP, unless you know that your computer wireless card can support higher, such as AES. (Windows XP's built in WiFi Utiltiy only supports up to TKIP)

Choose an authentication of WPA-PSK if asked. This is the safer option for compatibility reasons.

Now it's time to choose a password. Make it a word you will remember. Make it long (between 8 and 63 is the limits with WPA-PSK). Replace letters with numbers. (1=I, 4=A 5=S etc etc.)

For example, if you're password was password: Use Pa55w0rd. A strong password always consists of letters and numbers.

Now you should be read to apply these settings. You will need to configure your wireless device to connect with the network, which means changing it's encrytpion to see TKIP and entering the authentication type and the new password.

I've been brief, but I hope this helps. Remember, once you have connected you laptop, hide your network.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-how-to-protect-a-wireless-network-168992.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have just set up a new wireless network and I have no problems with the internet.My main PC connects via a router(wirelessly) to my ADSL modem and the second connects (wirelessly) through the main. Both are running XP. When I try to connect to Hotmail, either through Outlook Express or directly or my stepson upstairs tries to go on MSN Messenger we can't! Help!

Relevancy 46.44%

I m Solved: wireless network Slow often using wireless Solved: Slow wireless network network to transfer files between computers and got the following problem The transfer speed is only - M sec Fresh install both computers are idle except for that file transfer and still no better speed I Checked configs of my router tried to tweak em went back to default or almost default configs I m using a D-Link wireless router DIR- which is about feets away from my computer On the computer I have an ASUS PCE-N Mbps - b g n PCIe I also bought a TP-Link TL-WN ND antena to try to have a better performance but nothing seems to work Both computers are set to have no HD sleep hibernate Wireless seems to otherwise work properly Internet speedtest at MB download k upload as it should I also include router settings screenshots In the advanced screen I changed the beacon period and got a faster response but no better speed Note that my security is off because I use MAC address authentification on my router and exclude any unknown MAC address Thanks for any help Solved: Slow wireless network nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-wireless-network.1082755/
Relevancy 46.44%

Is it normal that you pick up the signal better in different rooms of the house, in my room the connection speed is 54Mbps, but in my living room (just down the hall) its 11mbps, and in my kitchen (right next to my room) the connections none existent.

The wireless router is above us upstairs (where the main PC is).

Any help or advice on how to improve this would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Wireless Home Network

Joe;It has been my experience that your signal strength can vary from room to room.When I had my laptop connected via wireless connection in one room,my connection strength was weak.I moved it into another room about 20 feet closer to the router,and the signal strength is now consistently excellent.
The other thing you could try,if possible change the channel you are using to communicate wirelessly.This is normally done from the router's admin /setup page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-home-network.541472/
Relevancy 46.44%

I need help getting my laptop to work with my wireless network.
The hardware consist of a netgear 614v6 and a wgt611T (sp).
The other 2 computers and Xbox 360's in my house have no problems logging into the system with the passphrase, but for some reason after my HD died and I switched it back to my old HD, my wireless stopped working.
I have tried to connect using both the windows and Netgear software.
Can anyone help me figure this out. I currently have my laptop hardwired to the router.

if it helps, I am using Zonealarm as my firewall.

A:Solved: Wireless Network Problems

have you tried it with zonealarm off
have you updated the driver
have you tried with secruity off

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-problems.579563/
Relevancy 46.44%

my computer works of wireless connection the main computer with the router is in another room and i recive the connection through a belkin reciver thats plugged into my usb port my problem is every so often during the day i lose the connection for minutes at a time then will only reconnect after i restart the computer any ideas whats wrong?

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi - I m new to this forum amp hope someone can help me with this issue One of the computers in the house is having trouble connecting to the wireless network My computer running Vista was connected no problem amp was able to access the internet My daughter s computer running XP said it was connected but we were unable to access the internet even though it read connected with a good signal It was connected yesterday amp before that today all of a sudden there s a problem She swears she did nothing but open up Internet Explorer I tried everything that I could think of to fix it turned everything Solved: Wireless Problem Network off amp on again repaired the connection etc but could still not access the internet When I returned to my computer I found that now I can not connect to the wireless network amp received a messsage that the computer could not connect b c another computer in the network had the same IP address Seems in trying to fix one computer s Solved: Wireless Network Problem connection I did something to mine Right now I am connected via a wired connection to the router So now I need to know how to get both of them connected Solved: Wireless Network Problem again nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I ve tried looking at previous postings but haven t found anything like my problem so here goes Howdy Y all I ve got a strange problem Solved: network. Disappearing wireless that s got me puzzled I have three desktop computers in my home network No Running Linux SimplyMepis hard-wired to router No Running Win XP Pro SP also hard-wired to router No Running Win XP Pro SP Wireless to router thru Netgear WG T USD Adapter which is hung on wall about feet above computer Router Belkins G which is hung on wall about even with top of computer Solved: Disappearing wireless network. The wireless network is running under WEP security and has been functioning nicely for a couple of years as it is The available connections on No as shown above include mine with a very good signal strength and three others with weaker signals Now I removed the hdd from No and installed Windows on a new hdd At Solved: Disappearing wireless network. first I had a problem getting Win to recognize the Netgear WG T adapter Finally got that corrected and it locates the Solved: Disappearing wireless network. three other networks but not mine I ve removed the new hdd and replaced the old one and it still works fine Then on reverting to the new hdd with Win same thing happens ie my network does not show to be available Can anyone tell me what is causing this quot Disappearing Wireless Network quot and how to correct it nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack bit Solved: connection Wireless network Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free Solved: Wireless network connection - MB Motherboard Dell Inc U C Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled I m building a solar power system and wanting to network together morningstar controllers a relay device and my computer The diagram shows a morningstar RSC adapter with a cable hook up on one end of the adapter and the EIA connections on the other No problem With the RSC adapter for the computer I will make the EIA connections on one end of the adapter however do not want to have my computer physically present to use the pin serial How do I go wireless from the port Also the RSC shows that I need to have two ohm resisters installed between the inner two wires on the EIA wiring Where do I install the resisters Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-connection.1086785/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I have a laptop with a mbps internal wireless card I m using that laptop to watch movies files over the network that are storage on a PC connected with a ethernet cable to the my mbps router My dilemma is that in the middle of watching the movies the Solved: down Wireless slowing network network connection icon on the laptop says that the network is down to mpbs mpbs Solved: Wireless network slowing down ect and the movie start to slow down for a few minutes or Solved: Wireless network slowing down seconds until it come back to normal again and this could happened on and off If I buy a mbps wireless card for my laptop will it take care of the problem and even if the net work slow down will it always keep it a least over mbps Or not matters the speed of the card the wireless connection will always slowdown to unless I fix whatever is happening on the network Bottom line buying a faster mbps will fix my problem and I will be able to watch my movies without interruptions thanks Alex nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi All I was running D-link DI- wireless router My desktop was connected to the net no problem For years using a D-Link AirPlus Extreme G DWL-G Adapter My work laptop was able to connect as well I had WEP enabled Now I ve upgraded to the Dlink DI- M so that my kids computers upstairs and at the other end of the house could get a better signal supposedly Anyway w o WEP enabled my laptop and desktop can connect no problem However even though my desktop can connect if I try to view available networks nothing shows up The advanced button is not even enabled The only option is the cancel button When I enable the WEP I can find my network in the available networks and connect to it no problem with my laptop However my desktop now will not connect And again there is no available networks to Wireless (when Solved: Showing Up Not Network WEP)? find even though I m broadcasting my networks name The advanced button isn t enabled either so I can t even type in the network name Why would I not be able to see or do anything at all except cancel when I look at the available networks on my desktop which is running win xp pro sp Thanks P S The quot Wireless Networks quot tab is completely missing from my desktop Wireless Network Connection Properties window when I right click on the wireless tray icon I was there with the previous router but not this one And as mentioned if WEP is not enabled I can Solved: Wireless Network Not Showing Up (when WEP)? connect with the desktop nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello,

I have a wireless network that allows four computers in my home to access it. Through the network, files, a printer and an Internet connection are all shared. However, the wireless network is unsecure, while there are other wireless networks in the neighbourhood that are secure. Obviously, this is probably not a wise idea.

How can I secure my wireless network so that only the four computers in my home can access it?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 46.44%

This may be long but hopefully someone can help me out I have desktop and laptops networked Up until a few days ago everything worked fine Then my toshiba laptop would not print but my dell still would I decided to quot delete quot the printer from the toshiba and then quot add a new printer quot Would not work I then realized that my other comps could not quot see quot the toshiba on the network but could see each other I decided to recreate my network with a new name I went through the process but the results were the same except now when I connect the toshiba to the network I get a quot limited or no connectivity quot warning Goofy Solved: network. wireless I can connect to the internet sometimes but not the network I am using security WEP it s the only one I can use with the dell If I disable security the Toshiba connects to the internet fine but still not the network Solved: Goofy wireless network. but without the connectivity warning and the dell connects to the internet but not the network with the connectivity warning I ve tried to make Solved: Goofy wireless network. this as clear as I can but probably didn t do the best job The only thing that has changed recently is that I bought a Play Station and added it to my home network How much difference do the channels used in the wireless setting Solved: Goofy wireless network. make They were set set the same so I m guessing not much nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Ok, so i decided to install a copy of vista RC1. But anyways, I am using a DLink DWL-G122 and I have installed the drivers from my disc, all is working correctly (except the DLink connection manager) But at least the drivers are. But when I go to connect to my network it fails. I have tried wep, wpa, no security. It fails on everyone, I have 3 other computers connected wirelessly, any suggestions? Thnx in advanced

Relevancy 46.44%

So Solved: ... wireless paradox? network I have two laptops both Solved: wireless network ... paradox? dual boot both windows linux and I have an unusual issue in the Windows partition on my Dell Inspiron running xp It recognizes a network called called quot HPsetup quot It does not find my home network but my other laptop and also the Ubuntu partition on the Dell do And I m able to get online with the other three partitions too So the wifi radio is both working and on on the Dell but while in Windows it only finds one network and that network hpsetup Solved: wireless network ... paradox? does not appear Solved: wireless network ... paradox? in the available wireless network list on my other laptop And again in the Ubuntu partition it does find and connect to my network I m flummoxed I need to be able to get online via my wireless network in the Windows partition on my Dell laptop but I can t because my network name doesn t appear I turned the router off and so too both laptops and then I powered on the router and then the Dell Windows computer Still no network recognition And my IT person wrote this support ticket Thanks in advance Deborah and Battlesoaked nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi. I have a Netgear WGR614v9 and am using Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility. I have my security settings setup using WPA2-Personal (AES-CCMP) with a wireless security password using special characters and upper and lower case letters. I have also changed the default login password. At any given time I will have a laptop, home computer, iPod touch and X-Box connected. My internet provider (Clear) told me that for every connection I have, it will increase the last number of my ip address by 1 with my router being .1. My laptop used to be .2 but recently it changed to .5. I think this makes sense if all the other items are connected (router + 4 connections). Right now, the only connections are my laptop and iPod but my computer is still .5. Does this mean that someone else is using my connection or once my computer is .5, it will always be .5, no matter how many connections I'm currently using?

A:Solved: Is my wireless network breached?

Your network is probably still safe, considering that some person has only speeded up the password crack by using many Nvidia graphics chips running in parallel. But a long complex passphrase should still foil that brute force attempt. I'd say a passphrase longer than 16 characters is good.. Internal ip addresses are probably assigned through the router's DHCP server, and each ip address is given a lease time. So, any particular computer will get to keep the same ip address for a period of time. With some routers, you can configure how long that time period is, but not all routers have that feature.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-is-my-wireless-network-breached.897149/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Gateway MX-3701 laptop, and I just installed a Linksys WRT54G Wireless router into my home network. All other computers are working just fine; they instantly connect to the wireless network and all is well, except for this gateway laptop.

At boot, I try to connect to the network, and it just stalls, giving me the "Waiting for network..." message. It does this until the window goes away, in what I'm guessing is a timeout. After about 5-10 mins of the computer being on (it fluctuates randomly), I am able to connect to the network.

I just install the latest driver for the wi-fi card, and I'm not sure if I need to update the firmware on the router.

Thanks for your help!

Relevancy 46.44%

I can't seem to find a wireless driver to be able to connect to the internet anywhere. I do not have the installation cd's.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 560 @ 2.67GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3317 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA NVS 3100M, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 74231 MB, Free - 44586 MB; D: Total - 2035 MB, Free - 1942 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0K42JR
Antivirus: Sophos Anti-Virus, Updated: No, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 46.44%

I m trying to set up a wireless network I have installed the router which is actually wired into computer number one I am waiting for an OS in the mail so I haven t put the wireless card into computer number two yet over Control Solved: my wireless network? I ve got a Linksys WRT G router and ended up setting it up by downloading the Linksys program after being advised to do so by Linksys support I started with the install CD then ran into one of those Catch- loops so I called support on a Saturday afternoon when every other Solved: Control over my wireless network? person in the world decided to go wireless too My ear has yet to dry out after being pressed Solved: Control over my wireless network? against a phone receiver for minutes Everything seemed to go well but I guess I anticipated getting some kind of utility with the router so that I could maintain the network change configurations if necessary etc but no program or applet miraculously appeared I d Solved: Control over my wireless network? like to change the SSID for example before I get the whole thing set up as I didn t give it much thought at the time and now in hindsight it looks like a pretty obvious and hackable choice How do I get control of this network Right now I see no options to interact with the it except whatever I can configure in Windows As you may have guessed I m totally new to this Any input would be appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Control over my wireless network?

I found a sheet of FAQs that came with the router. i entered the default IP address in Mozilla and was greeted with a login box. I don't remember creating a login name or password. I remember creating an SSID and passphrase, but these do not work. What next?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-control-over-my-wireless-network.434990/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,
I have just installed a Tenda Mini 11 N Wireless USB Adapter model no. W311U onto my desktop XP Home Edition Service Pack 3. I used the CD that came with adapter for installation. I get the message 'not connected'. When I try the repair option I get Windows could not repair because it can't disable the network adapter.
I run Zone Alarm free version. Windows firewall is turned off. Any advice welcome please.

Barvic

Relevancy 46.44%

I have a friend who recently found that he has an issue with his wireless network. He is able to connect at home or work without any issues as long as his laptop is not plugged into the power source. As soon as he plugs into the power source, he no longer is able to get wireless network. He noticed the change after he did a presnation the other week for work. Since then he has has wireless network issues.

Any ideas what to even consider for this.

I have jokingly told him that if he wants to use the wireless, to make sure that the battery is fully charged, so that he doesn`t have to plug in the laptop.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello to all!

I hope someone can help me with this. I have a compaq presario 2500 running windows xp. I noticed that my signal strength for my wireless network was very low, right around 10 mbps, while my other laptop has strong signal, like my presario shoudl have. i tried to repair the network connection, and this is the message I received:

Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: clearing the arp cache For assistance, contact the person who manages your network.

Where do i go from there? If anyone has a solution please let me know.
Thanks,

Matt

Relevancy 46.44%

The other day the parents went out and bought a new computer Acer aspire I think one of the mini laptops Has windows started it up got it going except for the internet I m trying to connect it to a wireless home network but the closest i ve gotten is at one point it said limited connectivity The other three computers we have to New wireless Solved: network. not PC connecting all connect fine and dandy I ve tried everything the troubleshooting guide said I reset the router I reset the modem I reset the router and the modem at the same time I unplugged waited seconds and plugged them back in I checked the Solved: New PC not connecting to wireless network. network password multiple times It can see the network the network strength is excellent But when I try to connect it comes back with unable to connect to the network Almost like it s taunting me So any ideas Am I missing out on something horribly obvious that hasn t occurred to me yet Should I just go ahead and sell my soul to the devil Is this punishment because I have a mac Any and all help would be wonderful Cheers -Mike nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

My computer had multiple windows errors according to a shop technician so I installed a new version to Solved: connect help. network. cannot please wireless of windows and am now trying to access the internet again on my home wireless network I have now re-installed Solved: cannot connect to wireless network. please help. my Linksys Setup Wizard CD but cannot access the internet The linksys monitor says under Link Installation that it quot cannot associate with access point quot but under Site Survey it does recognise my home network as well as my neighbours on either side of the house When I click on connect in Site Survey and Solved: cannot connect to wireless network. please help. enter the correct WEP key and password it takes me back to the Link Installation screen informing me Solved: cannot connect to wireless network. please help. that it quot cannot associate with access point quot If I quot Use Windows XP wireless configuration quot it also tells me that a few wireless networks are available but when I click on my home one and enter the correct WEP key it does not connect When I first clicked on quot Use Windows quot earlier for about seconds it was connected to the internet as quot Excellent quot but this kept coming on and off every seconds From looking at other forums it appears this information may be of some use quot Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp D Documents and Settings Joe gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name john-gc ipqsr Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - -E -ED-A - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter Physical Address - - - - - quot The biggest potential difference that I can see to others is that my quot Media State quot under Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection is disconnected Could this the problem I ran quot Winsockfix quot earlier but it made no changes PLEASE HELP It is very much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone, im getting ready to setup a wireless network to use with my wireless laptop. Can someone give me tips on where to begin? I have my wireless router purchased and I have all necessary cables. Thanks All!

A:Solved: Wireless Network Hookup

Just follow the directions that come with the router to set it up. Make sure you enable the encryption, or you'll have the whole county hooking up to your system. The router is a firewall in itself but it's a good idea to run a software firewall, like ZoneAlarm or others.
You may want to ask a moderator to move this thread to the Security forum. I'm sure those folks can tell you all sorts of helpful hints and fix you up if any problems pop up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-hookup.402482/