Windows Support Forum

wireless connecting only if signal is excellent

Q: wireless connecting only if signal is excellent

hi
i have a new toshiba laptop t-230
the wireless connection, does connect if the signal with the router is excellent or very good. if we count it with the signal green lines, it connects only wen the strength is 4-5 lines.
if is lower, even 3 (good signal) or 2 lines (fair signal) it wont connect. If i connect normally with excellent signal and move in another room with good signal, it still disconnects. my other 4 laptops and iphone in the house work fine.

1. i have uninstalled the drivers and put new ones.. same thing
2. i have formated the laptop but still no luck.
3. i have put a usb wireless card and it is working fine.

it seems that there is an issue with my atheros AR9285 card. can I ask from toshiba to replace the network card? is there anything else i havent tried?

thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: wireless connecting only if signal is excellent

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: wireless connecting only if signal is excellent

Well, I think you hit the drivers, and another NIC works, so I'd have them replace it, seems like we're running out of other possibilities.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connecting-only-if-signal-is-excellent.952344/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello I am using a desktop PC with a wireless USB stick attached in order to connect to the internet via a wireless router however although it states that I am connected with excellent signal strength it continues to show a warning sign over the wireless connection signal bars ON with connection the signal cannot excellent though. use strength, wireless internet THE DESKTOP TRAY ONLY wireless connection with excellent signal strength, cannot use the internet though. I can t surf the web on my desktop or on my IPAD through the wireless connection in which both devices detect I have a Sitecom wireless router I would appreciate some help many thanks Nick Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce LE Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard wireless connection with excellent signal strength, cannot use the internet though. NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL GA- TRC M-NF Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:wireless connection with excellent signal strength, cannot use the internet though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-with-excellent-signal-strength-cannot-use-the-internet-though.1034134/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi connected Wireless with not internet signal excellent but working I have just tried to set up a wireless internet connection on my laptop but even though my computer tells me that my wireless connection is working Wireless connected with excellent signal but internet not working with excellent signal internet explorer simply comes up with the message Cannot display etc I am really rubbish with computers so please could you explain everything in extremely easy terms Thank-you I saw someone asking for this information on another post don t know whether it will help C Documents and Settings Janina Luszowicz gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name dude Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List RP v Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix RP v Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Eth ernet Controller Physical Address - F-B - C- -B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September C Documents and Settings Janina Luszowicz gt nbsp

A:Wireless connected with excellent signal but internet not working

Well, that is the IPCONFIG from a wired computer, the one from the failing computer is the one we need to see.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connected-with-excellent-signal-but-internet-not-working.624666/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi. I've recently replaced an antenna to my wirelss router/print server. While it shows a good speed and either very good or excellent connection, I keep getting 'Limited or No Connection' when trying to access my secure network from my laptop. I can access other's networks so I know it's not the laptop. Similary, I am online on a separate PC so I know it's not the cable modem. I recently moved and am wondering if I need to change the IPs, etc. I did not change any of my service providers so I was hoping for a smooth transition. I appreaciate any feedback. Oh yeah, I've already power cycled and no luck.

Thanks

Relevancy 83.85%

I have an intermittent problem with one of my PCs on my wireless home network. While I always have excellent signal strength, most of the time I can not connect to the internet. All the other computers on my wireless network work fine and I can always connect to my neighbors wireless network to get internet access with the problem PC(A dell latitude E6410 with windows 7). When I have no internet access on my network and I run some diagnostics it says that my default gateway is not available. Any suggestions on what might be the issue and how to resolve the issue?

A:Excellent wireless signal strenght, but no internet access

Welcome to TSG>
Could be a lot of things.
Did this ever work ?
If so what changed?Hardware/software ?>
May we see:
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.
Disable encryption on the router.Any difference ?
May we also see:
Wifi test exe. Hint from Johnwill

Download and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspecto from
www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
on the problem machine. Post a screen shot of the main screen here.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button
to upload it here.

Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_...g_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-wireless-signal-strenght-but-no-internet-access.1000387/
Relevancy 82.99%

I have a Linkysys Wireless Router connected through an Ethernet Card to my Desktop PC (PC1) on which Internet works properly. I have another Desktop PC at home (PC2) with wireless card. I get the signals on PC2 (with messages like "Signal: Excellent" or "Good", but I am unable to access Internet on PC2. Neither IE nor Yahoo Msngr or any other internet interface works.

Please help.
Thanks
Mahesh

A:Wireless Router signal Excellent, but wont connect to Internet!

In the router setup, enable internet access for wireless devices perhaps?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-router-signal-excellent-but-wont-connect-to-internet.48068/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi My problem is similar to this one http forums techguy org networking -wireless-network-detected-but-internet html I was able to get the internet on my laptop last night after installing a Belkin wireless card The problems arose when I installed the latest version of IE A version I have of Firefox also will not connect to the internet I have followed the instructions given in the above problem such as resetting the Winsock etc I also typed the following command in CMD IPCONFIG ALL and it brought up the following in case this might be able to shed some light on what is causing the problem Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings John Kelly gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name DD F Q J Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Belkin g Network Adapter Physical Address signal network IE/Firefox detected won't & but connect excellent Wireless - - - F- E-A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July I would really appreciate any advice Wireless network detected & signal excellent but IE/Firefox won't connect thank you nbsp

A:Wireless network detected & signal excellent but IE/Firefox won't connect

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-detected-signal-excellent-but-ie-firefox-wont-connect.846519/
Relevancy 82.56%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop that's running XP and IE. When I try to get onto the Internet, the wireless signal is reportedly excellent but IE does not connect to the Internet. Can't figure out what the problem is.

Relevancy 82.13%

I had some viruses/malware that I was able to kill using rkill.com freeware. Ever since, I have had no internet conectivity although signal is excellent. Any help is very appreciated!!!

Below is the ipconfig/all data:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff Blade>IPCONFIG/all
Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DellLaptop
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : hsd1.in.comcast.net.
Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : hsd1.in.comcast.net.
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Dell Wireless 1490 Dual Band WLAN Mi
ni-Card
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-19-7D-38-04-76
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.102
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:51:48 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 11:51:48 AM
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff Blade>

A:Solved: Wireless signal 'excellent', but 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpag

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-signal-excellent-but-internet-explorer-cannot-display-the-webpag.997384/
Relevancy 82.13%

My Winbook U100 will not connect to my wireless network even though I just returned from a trip where it connected to other networks with no extra effort on my part. When I left two weeks ago, it connect fine. The card is an 802.11bgn 1T2R Mini Card. I am running Windows XP Home and have 2GB ram and 160 GB hard drive. The card keeps trying to connect my network stating 54Mps and Excellent signal strength; however, the View Available Wireless Networks does not show any networks in range. The netbook is sitting within three feet of the modem and router. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this madding situation?

A:Wireless Card Shows 54Mbs and Excellent Signal Strength and still will not connect

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-card-shows-54mbs-and-excellent-signal-strength-and-still-will-not-connect.955020/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi everyone, having a few problems with my laptop which have not happened before.
The webpages take a while to start loading and the wireless is forever dropping signal when in same room as router.
Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

A:Browser pages slow to start loading and wireless drops with excellent signal

Which browser is affected?
Same issue if you use Ethernet cable?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495408/browser-pages-slow-to-start-loading-and-wireless-drops-with-excellent-signal/
Relevancy 75.68%

We have a Belkin router hooked up to our desktop and cable modem, and two laptops using that wireless connection. As of tonight, all our computers are failing to make this connection. I'm online now thanks to an unsecured connection I was able to hook into.

The icon in the lower right of the screen tells us, "Signal Strength: Excellent; Status: Connected." What could possibly be going wrong?

This isn't a problem with Wireless Zero Configuration, incidentally; my wife had that problem in the past, but that isn't it. Our three computers all insist we're connected just fine, yet no websites will come up on any of them.

Any theories? How could I even know where to begin?

Thanks.

A:Solved: No wireless connection even though it says "connected; signal strength excellent"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-wireless-connection-even-though-it-says-connected-signal-strength-excellent.436743/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello there,

I've been having this problem for awhile now, my wireless connection periodically goes and reads "No Internet Access", despite still be "connected" to my connection, with 5 bars "Excellent" signal. The only quick"fix" I've found helps is "renewing my IP"(ipconfig /renew), and when doing so I get the message (see attached picture).

Despite the "error message", this still fixes it, causing my connection symbol to turn into a refresh symbol, and ~5 sec later the is gone and my connection is "restored".

But how can I fix this for good, what is wrong? I can only assume that my GATEWAY is scrambling IPs, and every so often (about 30-45 minutes) it does this, and I have to "reset my IP", but im CLUELESS.

Please help!

Thank you SO much!

A:wireless periodically "No Internet Access", 5 bars EXCELLENT signal

Attached is a screenshot of IPCONFIG /ALL immediately after using the IPCONFIG /RENEW cmd, and "restoring my internet access"..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366971-wireless-periodically-no-internet-access-5-bars-excellent-signal.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have been having issues connecting to the internet since Monday Sunday night it worked fine but since Monday all I get is the yellow triangle with exclamation point in it on my wireless internet icon I have tried unplugging the wireless adapter tried No despite signal connectivity excellent re-entering the password tried to repair and finally reinstalling the Belkin CD but to no avail I have two separate icons in the system tray that show my internet connectivity No connectivity despite excellent signal one for Belkin and the other for wireless network connection This is what they currently show when No connectivity despite excellent signal I mouse over them Belkin Connect to network linksys Network Type access point Encription TKIP Transfer rate Mbits sec Wireless network connection Speed Mbs Signal Strength Excellent Status Limited or No connectivity despite excellent signal no connectivity The last two lines above I believe are the issue excellent signal strength but no connection There are other computers using the same wireless internet including the laptop Im currently using with no issues so it s isolated to this one computer Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Dan nbsp

A:No connectivity despite excellent signal

Having both the Belkin Wireless Controller and Windows Wireless controller on at the same time could cause this. Try turning one of them off.

Not sure how to turn the Belkin off, but here is how to turn off the Windows controller.

Go into Control Panel, Administration Tools, Services.
Go to the bottom of the list to find the Windows Controller.
Wireless Zero Configuration for XP, WLAN Auto Configuration for Vista/7.
Double click on the controller name to pull up Properties Window.
On the General tab,
Next to Startup type, click the down arrow and select Disabled from the list.
At the bottom under Service status click the Stop button.
Click OK to apply the changes.

Usually the install cd gives you the choice of just loading the drivers and using the Windows Controller, which is what I did with my Belkin USB adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-connectivity-despite-excellent-signal.1075845/
Relevancy 68.37%

AOL broadband,

Belkin pre-n router

to Motorola wap

to Hawking pci adapter

Excellent connection, shows 5 bars, but IE does not work.

IE is ok when I use dialup.

Have no idea what's next.

Thanks, Ron [email protected]

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, Im extremely frustrated with this problem.I am using a built in atheros
AR5005G network adaptor and cannot connect to my router at home. I have checked the DHCP to make sure its enabled and the router seems to be set up fine. All i get is a limited connection with excellent signal. It says acquiring IP address then hits limited connectivity. The laptop can connect to all other networks I have tried (relatives, friends) but wont connect at home. Other laptops in the house connect though. Any help would be appreciated. And the laptop that wont connect is a toshiba sattelite L25.

Thanks

A:Limited Connection with Excellent signal

Go to Start/Run and type CMD and hit enter. In the Command Prompt type in Ipconfig /all the Default Gateway is the IP address of your router. Now ping the router. Now type Ping and the IP address of the Default Gateway. You should get a reply. If it times out, then restart the modem, router, and PC.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/limited-connection-with-excellent-signal-403743.html
Relevancy 67.51%

...I changed to virgin at the weekend. Router cd did not detect router so i phoned them and did it manually.....5 mins later it wouldn't connect again, this is the same for all 3 laptops i have. I've since been on phone all weekend to virgin without sucess. One guy said to send off all my laptops as they have a problem!!! I've messed about and messed about even more on phone with them. Took my laptops round my dads and now they won't even connect with his which they used to do. Virgin won't send anyone to me they are sending new router. I'm going mad!! Help me please!! PS, they all worked fine on Sky till this weekend.

Relevancy 67.51%

The signal appears excellent, however the internet doesn't work. Well, a few details. The router is in the basement, 3 floors up is the computer receiving the signal. I have an extender on the second floor that's 54mbps, however on the computer it says "Excellent 108Mbps" or something of the like. I'm not entirely sure what's going on, another user can connect to the wifi on the network. Any ideas?

Relevancy 67.51%

I have configured my Belkin wireless card to static ip and dns like the working laptop I have going I can ping and it comes back success I can not however ping the router or the strength Ping excellent even Can't signal with out the laptop on the network I checked the network connections utility and IP is set up ok The windows screen shows packets sent and received There are green bars in signal strength indicator I can not browse or get any web action or email My question is this How can windows say all is well when I can t even do a basic Can't Ping out even with the signal strength excellent ping to the router I have a Hijack file for you i it helps I saw some interesting web and assorted items in the middle that look suspicious Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer Can't Ping out even with the signal strength excellent v SP Running processes Can't Ping out even with the signal strength excellent D WINDOWS System smss exe D WINDOWS system winlogon exe D WINDOWS system services exe D WINDOWS system lsass exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe D Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe D WINDOWS System wuauclt exe D Documents and Settings Eric Entin Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - D WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run bcmwltry bcmwltry exe O - HKLM Run removecpl RemoveCpl exe O - HKLM Run SSBkgdUpdate quot D Program Files Common Files Scansoft Shared SSBkgdUpdate SSBkgdupdate exe quot -Embedding -boot O - HKLM Run PaperPort PTD D Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe O - HKLM Run IndexSearch D Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort IndexSearch exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk D Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - D WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - D WINDOWS web related htm O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip F A - AC - DE- AB- BAD E NameServer nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Alright TSGers, I need your help for this one.
I have 5 wireless PCs and a Linksys WRT160N router. 2 PCs are using Wireless-N Cards and the others are using Wireless-G. The problem is that they all connect to the router and have excellent signal strength but the speed is horrible. Even in the same room on wireless the speeds are horrible. However, when you connect directly to the router, speeds are out of this world. Any ideas? This is happening on multiple routers. (Netgear Wireless-N, Linksys WRT150N) What could the interference be?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Excellent Signal and Horrible Speeds

Did you try changing channels?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excellent-signal-and-horrible-speeds.698085/
Relevancy 66.65%

My signal strength shows Excellent but my internet connection comes amp goes all of a sudden I read some other post as to what they did to resolve their issue so this is my info below Please help Thank you Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users tebako gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name tebako-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled little to internet strength no signal connectivity Excellent but No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - B-B - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d e d cf d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Excellent signal strength but little to no internet connectivity Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - F-A - - - B-B - -A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E E Family PCI-E FE NI C Physical Address - F- - -CD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E A FEF-F C- - A- F FDF br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Excellent signal strength but little to no internet connectivity Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Excellent signal strength but little to no internet connectivity Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E -C B- BE -B FD-B A B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users tebako gt nbsp

A:Excellent signal strength but little to no internet connectivity

Copied this from a post by pedroguy.

Ok:This is what we know about that Atheros adapter.Boils down to two possibilities :
Encryption and or driver issue.
I think both of those are covered below.
Courtesy of ETAF and Terrynet on the Networking Forum:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atheros AR5007EG & AR5007
We have recently been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters over the last few months, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and windows Vista.

The adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
--- Please post back here if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver." That apparently has worked for some posters.

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section, as some manufactures, appear to now have a working driver available.
Toshiba - update has worked for some PCs
HP The latest HP Atheros driver dated Sept 2010 has fixed the issue - so check the driver date, However, that does NOT apply to all HPs / Compaqs machines
- the poster did an online scan for driver updates on the HP website here HP Product Detection which resulted in a solution. Solved: Can't connect to internet wirelessly - Atheros AR5007 Wifi through Clear Comm - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you can post the Make and EXACT model of your PC here, along with the windows version you have and we will see if we can find the driver and will post a link as a reply here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) A few posters here with the same issue have found that the driver from this site ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows resolved the issue
http://www.atheros.cz/
Threads are here
Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) - Tech Support Guy Forums
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...ess-local.html
Solved: NetGear WNDR3700 Incompatibilty W/ Atheros AR5700 - Tech Support Guy Forums
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...tibilty-w.html
Solved: Local connection only when connected to secured wirless - Tech Support Guy Forums
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...only-when.html
Solved: Unidentified Network - Tech Support Guy Forums
Unidentified Network
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...d-network.html
I do NOT know anything about the site mentioned ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows
http://www.atheros.cz/

However, if you do decide to try the driver, Please let us know the outcome

Direct link to the drivers are below
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " click to download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

AR5007
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wirele...et=21&system=3
Although this driver has shown up in BSODs (Blue Screen Of Death) on Vista SP2 systems, usually conflicting with updated Vista OS drivers like netio.sys, tcpip.sys and other networking related drivers.

AR5007EG
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wirele...et=22&system=3
Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-signal-strength-but-little-to-no-internet-connectivity.1011864/
Relevancy 66.65%

hi all, im having this weird problem for 5 days now, its really driving me crazy, so i have an alienware laptop, never had any problem before, this problem only happend about 5 days ago, everytime i start my laptop the network works fine, but after about 15 mins, the wifi automatically disconnects although the signal indicates excellent, i cannot browse internet or run anything that is connected to network, only by restarting my laptop can fix this; one thing funny about this is that if i open any sort of web page before this problem occurs, i can still browse that certain web page even after this problem occurs; ive tried to flush dns, reset net interface, obtain ip address manually, none of them worked, so here im hoping that somebody on this forum can help me out.

A:wifi no internet access with excellent signal

I would think about resetting the router if you haven't done so already. After resetting the router go through the wireless settings again, set your SSID, password and also use WPA2 security with AES encryption.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/232845-wifi-no-internet-access-excellent-signal.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have wireless internet through Time Warner Cable. We use an Apple Airport for our internet connection. I have brought a client's laptop home to do some work on it as it has the software I need to use for the project I am doing for them. It is a Gateway laptop that usually functions in a wireless environment of a Linksys Router. It says that I have excellent Signal Strength but there is no connection to the internet. I called Time Warner and it is not a problem on their end. I called Apple and was on hold for 45 minutes only to be told there was nothing they could do since our Mac Laptop is working fine.

I am not computer illiterate but I am not a computer whiz either so please explain more advanced suggestions. THANKS!

A:Excellent Signal Strength No Internet Connection

Hello and welcome to TSF

I think Your question might be better answered in a Networking forum:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f134/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/excellent-signal-strength-no-internet-connection-194454.html
Relevancy 66.65%

So I have a wireless network setup in our 4 bedroom apartment and I am connecting wirelessly on my desktop with a usb drive(hub is in another room). Half of the time I will have an excellent connection at 54Mbps, and then for whatever reason, will just plummet to 1Mbps but still says excellent signal strength. Right now its working perfectly fine, however an hour or so from now, will probably crash randomly. I have a feeling its my firewall because its disabled right now, but im not sure. Any other ideas?

A:Signal Strength = Excellent, Speed = 1 Mbps

Make sure you have the latest driver for the wireless adapter.

Could be the adapter or router beginning to fail. How to recover after the bandwidth plummets?

In an apartment building there are lots of opportunities for wireless interference, such as from 2.4Ghz cordless phones and other networks on the same or close channel.

Firewalls either block or not; I have never heard of them affecting speed as in your symptoms.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/signal-strength-excellent-speed-1-mbps.615141/
Relevancy 66.22%

We have computers excellent Laptop Solved: signal to gets won't connect internet but in the house - a Solved: Laptop gets excellent signal but won't connect to internet desktop and a laptop The desktop was connected to the modem and the laptop was wireless The laptop worked fine up until about the time we went wireless with the desktop We started getting intermittent internet access on both computers getting error messages that said quot Firefox can t find server quot but would reboot the machine or reset unplug and replug the modem and router which seemed to work for a little while Now the desktop seems to be working fine but the laptop won t connect to the internet at all It just says quot Firefox cannot find server for website quot However the wireless signal strength is excellent Here is the equipment I am using Arris touchstone telephony modem Netgear rangemax wireless router Dell Dimension desktop with Windows XP Compaq Presario V laptop with Windows XP Here is the full error message using the firefox browser Address not found Firefox can t find the server at website The browser could not find the host server for the provided address And using Internet Explorer The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable The web site might be experiencing technical difficulties or you may need to adjust your browser settings Any help would be greatly appreciated I can t live without my laptop Thanks you nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

i had 130 mbps  speed test 8.45 and 1.99 and another 9.35 ans 2.20
i can see movies and download 569 mb in 3 min.
but when see streaming live tv the signal is dropping every 10 min.

A:excellent signal 130 mpbs in 3000 dimension dell

A family member was experiencing the same causing freezing in special top boxes using XBMC for FTA. It appears to be throtteling done by the ISP for whatever reasons.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550925/excellent-signal-130-mpbs-in-3000-dimension-dell/
Relevancy 66.22%

My computer is not connecting to the internet, despite the network I'm trying to connect to having "Excellent Signal Strength."

My computer is running Windows 7 64-bit, 6GB of RAM and 1TB HDD.

I can't figure out any logical reason why I shouldn't be able to connect to the internet.

Some info:
-The wireless router was replaced recently (brand new one)
-The new network and password are not the problem (as in I've connected to this network before).
-I tried troubleshooting (and to no surprise, Windows troubleshooting tools were no help at all).
-This is a wireless connection

I don't have any idea what could be causing this. Another computer in the same house, as well as cell phones can connect to the network fine.

A:Limited Access to network with "Excellent Signal Strength"

Anyone? This doesn't seem like a difficult issue. I can't find the answer with a google search, but a forum for pc help should be able to help me figure it out, I think.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569777/limited-access-to-network-with-excellent-signal-strength/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, I've got a basic wi fi setup here with a router and my laptop, an it was working great up until the other day when I switched the computer on and it came up with the usual 90something percent signal strength, but "limited or no connection". This has only happened to me before when I've been too far away or obstructed from the router. I know the router is fine because this computer (a different one) works with it fine, but mine doesn't.

Any suggestions? I feel like I've tried everything.

Thanks.

A:Solved: Limited or no connection on excellent signal strength??

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-limited-or-no-connection-on-excellent-signal-strength.586546/
Relevancy 66.22%

HELP My first time on here and I am a Connectivity Strength with Message Signal Excellent Limited computer idiot have a sony vaio laptop with wireless capabilities was able for months to connect to netgear but now get the seemingly infamous Limited Connectivity Message with Excellent Signal Strength limited connectivity even with excellent signal strength tried the above solution recommended by johnwill For these commands Start Run CMD to open a command prompt Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ip reset reset log and I was so ecstatic to see the limited connectivity go away I immediately restarted the computer as recommended but upon restarting the same limited connectivity issues came up again went through the whole routine again but noticed a funny thing although I went through the recommended actions above before I rebooted I tried to connect to the internet wirelessly thought because it showed connected and with excellent strenth no limited connectivity I could connect but could not when I go though the recommended steps by johnwill it takes about - minutes before the limited connectivity goes away but still cannot connect to the internet HELP thanks sue nbsp

A:Limited Connectivity Message with Excellent Signal Strength

Hi Sue. There are some more things we can try.

1. Do a System Restore to when the wireless worked.

2. Disable encryption on the router and connect via wireless. Assuming success, re-enable the router's encryption and reconnect the wireless computer.

3. Shut everything down. Then bring 'em up in order: modem, router, wireless computer, other computers.

4. Reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it. Repeat step 3 if needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-connectivity-message-with-excellent-signal-strength.624982/
Relevancy 64.93%

Alienware X-51
Win 7 Home Premium SP1
Thompson TG585 v8 Modem /WPA2-PSK

Scope of Problem:
This is a Desktop LOADING based problem.
NOT a connection dropping, fading while in use problem.
Other Devices work fine.
Same problem with previous Modem.

Problem:
Login.
Wireless icon shows spinning busy symbol.
If it connects fine, then it will Remain fine until the next Restart

If connect fails then yellow exclamation mark shows over TaskBar Icon.
Viewing connection it shows as Limited Access, but signal strength is 5 Bars
A Manual Disconnect, then reConnect will always establish a working connection (sometimes needs two attempts).

Signal Strength is ALWAYS Excellent, No other devices have issues with WiFi.

This is a persistent and long term problem which has "survived" improved Modem placement , ISP directed settings changes, and a new Modem.

[ Other threads all seem to be about No Connection OR Dropping/Fading/Poor Connection. This isn't ].

A:WiFi Limited Access, Signal Strength Excellent, works if I reconnect

Modem was the problem.

Recently the Thomson V8 was replaced with a telco provided Huawei HG630B.
The issue disappeared instantly, there is now just a little lag and then connection.

So problem solved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/322706-wifi-limited-access-signal-strength-excellent-works-if-i-reconnect.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have 2 PC's and a laptop, laptop on wireless as well as one of my PC's, it always show im connected to a network and my signal strength is excellent however when I load IE it shows paige will not display or not a valid address grrr. Please speak in lamens terms haha! Also it seems to disconnect over and over again. Any suggestions is very much appreciated!

A:Vista Basic Excellent signal but wed paige will not display. Using trendnet router

Please follow the first steps here to post in the Malware forums: http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-basic-excellent-signal-but-wed-paige-will-not-display-using-trendnet-router-524393.html
Relevancy 64.93%

This started right after i upgraded itunes on my laptop, which i never do because nothing good has ever happened from that. So after i tried to upgrade, which said it couldn't complete, i turn off my computer and when i turned it back on it took longer to load and a message came up saying "Error access violation at 0x22173148 (tried to read from 0x00000060) program terminated" i've never seen that before so obviously something's wrong, the internet doesn't connect and when i click on my wireless connection icon it says "another application is controlling wireless adapter". Intelproset wireless says its searching for a connection and sometimes finds the secure one i have but and will say "excellent signal quality" but a few seconds later says "error in connection". So i'm using another computer in my house, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:Solved: Error access violation, no internet connection but says signal is excellent X

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-error-access-violation-no-internet-connection-but-says-signal-is-excellent-x.778029/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a problem right now with my other computer connecting to the internet This same problem happened before a couple of months ago What s happening is apparently internet-dependent functions such as gadgets do update correctly and it says I m connected to our network and in fact it currently says the signal strength is quot excellent quot Other computers in our house are connected just fine so the problem is not the signal the router or modem etc Yet none of the browsers will connect I have tried Firefox Chrome and Internet Explorer They all say unable to connect to server When it happened before I did a system restore and it temporarily fixed the problem for about hrs and then it would happen don't browsers connect "excellent" Internet signal Solved: but again and I would do another restore Solved: Internet signal "excellent" but browsers don't connect until a few Solved: Internet signal "excellent" but browsers don't connect times into this cycle and the restore quot bandaid quot did not work to fix the problem anymore At my wits end I was about to go ahead and boot from my system image disks and just restore everything back to that point and mysteriously the internet worked properly again right before I resorted to the extreme solution I m hoping I won t have to resort to that this time but system restore is not resolving the problem whatever it is at all Any ideas what s going on and how I can fix this without resetting my computer I m running Windows Ultimate bit nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I don't know where Wi-Fi Access" periodically, signal.. Excellent Internet "No I should start my search for answers to my problem so I'll start here in hopes "No Internet Access" periodically, Excellent Wi-Fi signal.. that it may be something with Windows I'm sitting right beside my ARRIS TG G wireless modem I've tried connecting via ethernet cord and it just would not work but "No Internet Access" periodically, Excellent Wi-Fi signal.. regardless I have bars of signal Excellent over Wi-Fi connected through WPA -Personal this NEVER changes I don't receive any lag when playing World of Warcraft and if I do it doesnt affect my gameplay at all However periodically and I'd say its almost every minutes now I disconnect from WoW and when I go to my desktop my Wi-Fi signal says Excellent but now my connection displays the message quot No Internet Access quot I've found the quick fix for this opening CMD prompt and typing ipconfig renew and although I get the message that basically ipconfig cant work quot without the devices plugged in quot which I've assumed just means because I'm on wireless immediately my connection switches to the quot loading icon quot then comes back to display my bar signal and now no longer displaying this message and restoring my access to the internet Given this information how periodically it is how I fix it and the fact that I have an excellent steady signal what could be causing these frequent disconnect and my connection quot losing internet access quot Thank you so much ahead of time I just can't figure this out and its becoming a nuisance as I'm in groups with others and I disconnect

A:"No Internet Access" periodically, Excellent Wi-Fi signal..

this is my ipconfig /all without the problem occurring

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/365738-no-internet-access-periodically-excellent-wi-fi-signal.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm using dsl with D-Link DI-624 router and a D-Link AirPlus DWL-G520 Wireless PCI Adapter(rev.B), on a Dell Optiplex GX260, network authentication is WPA-PSK, and encryption is TKIP. I am using XP-Home SP2. Also using IE version 6. Any and all help is appreciated.

Relevancy 57.62%

hi,i have not been able to connect wirelessly for about 6months,i have tried every solution,no closer now than 6 months ago, but while i have been searching i have found the same problem with many vista users,my ethernet connection is ok,spoke to Sky technical who have tried to help ,they think it is vista,but i think it is a conflict with sharing the same connection with my son & his xbox live,i have tried working many hours with this problem,when my son is not connected,(we did share before this & the same router ) my router is a Sagemcom [email protected] 2304. wireless router from sky,i am using windows vista basic,on my E-Machine E520 notebook,i hope that some one will know the solution & kindly guide me with my inexperience of technical terms ,kind regards,Gillian.xxx

A:excellent wireless connection( local access only)

would you do the following please
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-wireless-connection-local-access-only.1055891/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello all Long time lurker first time poster here I just installed -bit win ultimate on my laptop and am still having a spot of bother getting my internets from a public router connection, access wireless internet excellent no located near my girlfriend's place My problem is the following I connect to the router fine and the signal quality is excellent but there is no internet access at all The wireless connection icon in the taskbar shows a yellow warning triangle and when hovering over it with my mouse pointer I read the following quot no excellent wireless connection, no internet access internet access quot Last week when I still had xp on the laptop I had the exact same problem excellent connection no internet access Both with xp and win I had no problems at all connecting to my router at home I have been connecting to the troublesome router for months on my iphone without any issues Any random macbook also connects to it without any problems When I run diagnostics I am told the following quot wireless network connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration quot TCP IPv is set to quot obtain an IP address DNS server automatically quot and has been since the beginning with DHCP enabled I've tried anything and everything I found floating around on the internet including disabling TCP IPv as well as a whole slew of other settings but to no avail Obviously my wireless card Intel wireless wifi link AGN works perfectly works great on my home router and so does the public router from which I'm trying to get internet access works admirably on anything mac iphone macbooks My guess is the problem lies somewhere in my settings and I have been going over all of the relevant settings I could find some twenty times No love I really hope any of you can offer some advice I'm getting super angry Thanks in advance EDIT I also updated the wireless card driver to the excellent wireless connection, no internet access very latest no worky

A:excellent wireless connection, no internet access

Quote: Originally Posted by jikot

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I just installed 32-bit win7 ultimate on my laptop, and am (still) having a spot of bother getting my internets from a public router located near my girlfriend's place.

My problem is the following: I connect to the router fine and the signal quality is excellent, but there is no internet access at all.
The wireless connection icon in the taskbar shows a yellow warning triangle, and when hovering over it with my mouse pointer I read the following: "no internet access".

Last week when I still had xp on the laptop I had the exact same problem: excellent connection, no internet access.
Both with xp and win7 I had no problems at all connecting to my router at home.

I have been connecting to the troublesome router for months on my iphone, without any issues. Any random macbook also connects to it without any problems.

When I run diagnostics I am told the following: "wireless network connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration".

TCP/IPv4 is set to "obtain an IP address/DNS server automatically", and has been since the beginning, with DHCP enabled.

I've tried anything and everything I found floating around on the internet (including disabling TCP/IPv6 as well as a whole slew of other settings), but to no avail.

Obviously, my wireless card (Intel wireless wifi link 4965AGN) works perfectly (works great on my home router), and so does the public router from which I'm trying to get internet access (works admirably on anything mac: iphone, macbooks).

My guess is the problem lies somewhere in my settings, and I have been going over all of the relevant settings I could find some twenty times. No love.

I really hope any of you can offer some advice, I'm getting super angry!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I also updated the wireless card driver to the very latest, no worky

Hi and welcome

can you type cmd in search>type ipconfig /all> make a screen shot>upload it to us.

Let us know if you need help with any of that
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/56150-excellent-wireless-connection-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I m fairly ignorant to how computers work My computer is about years old it s a Dell was at that time it s a desktop I use quot Broadstripe quot cable internet company Not my choice mbps Signal is speed 1 to mbps? 8 excellent is and live with my mom Not sure of the internet Signal is excellent and speed is 1 mbps to 8 mbps? speed she purchased Probably the cheapest knowing her I did purchase a somewhat Signal is excellent and speed is 1 mbps to 8 mbps? expensive router It s a quot N wireless dual band router quot Model WNDR v I m using a USB wireless netgear connector The signal strength is very good to excellent But the speed is very slow Between mbps to mbps during a good minute And the internet connection goes out frequently About times since I Started this question Does anybody know whats wrong or if there is any thing I can do to help speed up the computer Changing cable internet company is out of the question as it is not my house Would a different type of wireless connector help What about a Ad Hoc connection My son has a wireless ready laptop that runs just fine on the internet as well as all the other wireless ready laptops in the house My desktop is about about feet from the router Any help is appreciated

A:Signal is excellent and speed is 1 mbps to 8 mbps?

From a quick look at you post, I think you are not using the right driver for the USB adapter. Also, XP has to be up to date to work with wireless.Does the computer have an Ethernet card?Can you possibly get an Ethernet cable and run it directly from the tourer to you old XP computer? If you can do that, you will have to do the Internet Wizard again so that it includes the Ethernet card in the network.Older versions of XP that are not up to date only work with Ethernet. Unless you disable wireless security. Which is a bad idea. Windows XP has a hard time with wireless security.However, I am not sure that would fix lour problem. Sometimes you have to do the XP Network wizard three times before it comes out right.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,146456.0.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi guys Netbook Acer AspireOne Router Trendnet TEW- BRP I was hoping someone could help me I ve recently got the internet in our apartment and are having problems connecting to the router Firstly there is no problems connecting with an ethernet cable Secondly I ve connected two other laptops wirelessly by changing the TCP IP from automatic to can't but Internet access connection, wireless browser Excellent in ip address subnet mask Default gateway Thirdly i can connect to every other wireless i ve come accross My netbook now shows -signal strength excellent -status connected However I am unable to connect to the internet Some other problems of interest is - it times out when I try to ping - I cannot acces my router by typing into my browser - And the wireless DHCP is not enabled I have tried factory resetting my router re loaded the software for it But to no Excellent wireless connection, but can't access Internet in browser avail I ve attached Excellent wireless connection, but can't access Internet in browser my ipconfig all If anyone could shed light on this I would really appreciate it Thanks Excellent wireless connection, but can't access Internet in browser nbsp

A:Excellent wireless connection, but can't access Internet in browser

i'm not sure but this is what i would try:

Make sure wireless is turned on, on the laptop as some have a switch specifically for that.
Make sure that you do not have a third part wireless network connection program running.
From start, settings, click network connections. right click you're wireless connection and select properties, click the wireless networks tab, make sure the box is checked where it says "use windows to configure...". then below that click and remove all the preferred networks that are there. then click okay and attempt to reconnect to the network via searching for available networks and double clicking your desired network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/excellent-wireless-connection-but-cant-access-internet-in-browser.135239/
Relevancy 56.76%

My Sprint HTC EVO phone is cheaper and faster than my AT&T broadband connection so I want to drop AT&T and use sprint.

The problem is I have a few devices such as a Blu-ray player, a Direct TV DVR and other items that need to be hard wired.

I want to use my phone as a WiFi hot spot then pick up the signal with a device and plug my Direct TV DVR into the device with an ethernet cable.

Sprint was unable to help and someone on another non-tech site suggested a Engenius Network ESR9850.

Does anyone know if this will work, or if there are other options available

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-to-convert-a-wireless-wifi-signal-to-a-wired-ethernet-signal.1003226/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello, I am having problems with IE 8 on my desktop. I am connected to the interent wirelessly using a network adapter and using Windows Vista for my OS . I am connected at 4.8 m/bs and the connection status is excellent. For some reason IE andy other browser Goole Chrome will connect but it will take a very long time just to even load the home page or visit anoter site.

I have not had this problem before and was surfing the Internet very fast a few days ago with the same connection speed and status. I have already tried deleting cookies, history, temporary files. Ran a virus scan. Ran a disk clean up and reinstalled both of the browsers does anyone know a solution to this problem or has had the same problem on the past?

A:Internet Explorer running very slowly; wireless connection excellent

You could have a bad add-on.Try running IE in No Add-ons Mode. Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) - If this fixes the issue, then go to Tools -> Manage Add-ons and enable the add-ons one by one to find which one was causing the problem.

You can also try resetting Internet Explorer's settings by going to Tools > Internet Options and then the "Advanced" tab, and click "Reset..."

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Cheers,
Bryn
IE8 Outreach Team

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-running-very-slowly-wireless-connection-excellent-474548.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I bought a new HP Pavilion dv - dx Entertainment stops but wireless to internet Solved: working network, connection Excellent sometime Notebook PC laptop which runs Vista I have a LynkSys Wireless router model WRT G v Since I bought the laptop I have an intermittent problem getting the internet using Internet Explorer have not tried other browers Sometimes internet works fine however sometimes I have Solved: Excellent connection to wireless network, but sometime internet stops working a problem when I click a link or open a new page When the problem occurs I get an error webpage stating quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot with a button on the page quot Diagnose Connection Problems quot When I click this button I eventually get a window that says quot Windows did not find any problems with this computer s network connection quot However when this problem occurs I check the network connection by going Start Connect to When I look at my network it says connected and that I have an excellent signal all bars are green To temporarily fix the problem I right click on the wireless network and click Diagnosis On the window that comes up I click quot Reset the network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot subtitle Resetting the adapter can sometimes resolve and intermittent problem quot When I click this it looks like it goes through some repairing process and I eventually get a window that states quot The problem has been resolved quot If I go back to the webpage with the initial error and refresh f I do get the correct website and everything seems to be fine However sometimes I need to repeat this process again after minutes Other times I can go for an hour Have not see any pattern as to when the internet stops working If anyone knows how I can always have the internet without having to quot Reset the Network Adapter quot every so often that would be great Other information I use a WEP secured connection and have the network security key I always have to quot Reset the network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot quot after the computer goes to sleep Have not determined if this is a function of the hibernation or enough time has elapsed where I need to reset again anyway When I hardwire connect the laptop to the same router I have no issues Other than I have to stay next to the router which defeats the purpose of the laptop I have a laptop from work that runs XP and has no problems connecting wirelessly through this same router It seems like others may have similar problems but couldn t find exact solution Sorry for any repeats I wouldn t call myself computer savvy so detailed quot how to quot would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Excellent connection to wireless network, but sometime internet stops working

I'd start by downloading and installing the latest wireless drivers for that machine, that seems to be where the issue might lie.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excellent-connection-to-wireless-network-but-sometime-internet-stops-working.869618/
Relevancy 55.04%

We have a nice signal from the router until about the same time each day. Only cable tv modem is available. Evidently the country neighbors do lots of internet during the afternoon.

Is there a way to boost the signal coming down the cable line ? The cable tv company has installed new cables from the pole into the house. We have installed all new cables in the house.

All of the boosters I've seen are for after the wireless signal gets to the cable modem.

Thanks !

Jim

A:wireless signal boost to help low signal from cable tv ?

This is a known issue with cable connections. When its not heavily used the signal, speeds can be good, but when it is used heavily things can deteriorate.

However, how do you know that the cable signal is changing? Unless someone from the cable company has measured the cable signal you don't know that is what is causing the problems. I don't think the signal level on the cable side will affect the wi-fi signal level on that side. They are two separate functions. If your wi-fi signal is deteriorating it has to be some other interference.

Going back to the cable signal level, I had a change every day around 1PM and the cable modem would lose sync. It turned out to be a bad underground cable between the main cable distribution amp and an intermediate amp in our neighborhood (every thing is under ground). It took a special crew to find and fix this, the tech that came to the house knew "nothing". I had to keep calling everyday when it went bad and after the problem went "chronic" then they got the cable crew on it.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/51329-wireless-signal-boost-help-low-signal-cable-tv.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a newly purchased TP-LINK TL-WN951N wirelass pci adapter with bad packet loss and the peculiar problem of having near full signal untill i connect to the router, after which it quickly drops to one bar. A ping -t durin connection shows that immediately after connection the ping is reasonable and reliable, but after a few second, when the signal drops the ping suddenly starts timing out every 5 packets or so. I have installed the latest drivers from the website and no improvement. Other people using laptops in the same room have perfect signal and my usb wifi cards work fine untill they overheat. Note that the wifi card also has an antenna installed which is placed on top of my monitor. Any help would be much apreciated

A:Signal drops from 4 to one bar shortly after connecting

On Topic: All i can suggest is if you have another computer try it in that or if you have another PCI slot try it in their if nothing changes i would suggest you get a replacement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/signal-drops-from-4-to-one-bar-shortly-after-connecting.969957/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have two home PC's, a 2wire 1000hg wireless router/modem. One PC is running a Buffalo wireless PCI adapter and working fine. The other is running a netgear WPN311 pci adapter. This one picks up the signal but never connects. I am using windows configure the device and even tried to have it repair the connection but it comes back claiming that it is unable to renew the IP address. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Strong signal, no connection one pc but connecting on another

Hi

Usual cause is a faulty key or incorrect SSID, first thing to do is deactivate the security on the router and see if you can connect, if so the problem lies with either of the aforementioned.

If you cant connect the fault is with either the network card or the software, swap the cards around and try them in the other PC.

Logical progression will bring the answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strong-signal-no-connection-one-pc-but-connecting-on-another.115935/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I am sorry but I am kind of a novice when it comes to my computers I will tell you what I know I have a Sony Vaio VGN-B Laptop I also have a wireless Laptop signal connecting internet to not network I set up in my house and it has been working Laptop not connecting to internet signal without a problem for about a year now The other day I went to log on and it started showing me an error in Internet Explorer I tried the laptop that I am using to write this message and I am connected to the same network without a problem My ISP is from Brighthouse Cable and their suffix is cfl rr com My cable modem is a Touchstone Telephony Modem by Arris Model TM G My Router is a Linksys WRT N Wireless-N I am using Windows XP I really don t know why it just stopped working on that computer but everything else including my WI-FI printer are working fine When I ran ipconfig all on my laptop this is what I got Microsoft R Windows DOS C Copyright Microsoft Corp - C DOCUME JOSHUA gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Josh Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List cfl rr com Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix cfl rr com Description Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Physical Address - -F - F- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday April PM Lease Expires Wednesday April PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - - A- - -EA C DOCUME JOSHUA gt Thank you for anything you can do to help with this nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Here is the Official Stance of Tech-Forums on this matter.

If you are connecting to a Hot Spot at a store or some city that has it free, then we can try to assist you.

But if there is a unsecure WiFi network in your area that is NOT yours we can not help you at all.

Our stance is that it is considered stealing since it is not your internet connection you are trying to steal someone else's internet. We view ti as trying to hack someone else's computer. Since you technically have to connect to their router to due such a act.

From here on out this will be meet with stern and swift action.

If the connection is your we will assist you in every way we can.

Cheers,
Tech-Forums Staff

http://www.techist.com/forums/f50/connecting-unsecure-wifi-signal-178981/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All Here at work we recently had an wireless shows adaptor signal find utility cannot in but networks, Wireless levels access point installed for customer access to the internet We have had no problems with anyone access the network until today I am not that knowledgeable with wireless so please forgive me if I fail to give you what you need to help Installed D-Link DWL-G AP Wireless Access point normally customer just click on connect to networks and their adapter finds the many wireless networks in our area about They choose our network and type in the network key and they are connected We have a customer in this morning now that cannot connect Here is what I have found If you click on the wireless icon choose connect to any network You get quot Cannot find any network quot I Wireless adaptor cannot find networks, but shows signal levels in wireless utility then setup a connection manually still does not find networks Here is the weird part If you go into the Control Panel choose Wireless Config Utility Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility Choose site monitor site It shows a list of the wireless networks and there signal strength So the wireless adapter is receiving the wireless signals but will not connect or show them in the list of wireless networks I would really appreciate help in figuring out what is keeping this computer from connecting nbsp

A:Wireless adaptor cannot find networks, but shows signal levels in wireless utility

It shows a list of the wireless networks and there signal strength. So the wireless adapter is receiving the wireless signals, but will not connect or show them in the list of wireless networks.Click to expand...

I don't understand "It shows a list of the wireless networks" in the same paragraph with "will not ... show them in the list."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adaptor-cannot-find-networks-but-shows-signal-levels-in-wireless-utility.755767/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I have a Dell Latitude with windows XP. Roughly a week ago it stopped working properly. The internet will connect but has no signal, even when I'm directly next to the router. All other computers on the network connect fine. Itunes and various other programs aren't working correctly either. I've run MalwareBytes and Rkill and come up empty. From my own experience I'm almost certain that there's a virus of some sort. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Connecting to internet with no signal, many programs not working either

Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in safe mode.-- If GMER crashes or keeps resulting in a BSODs, uncheck Devices on the right side before scanning.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415955/connecting-to-internet-with-no-signal-many-programs-not-working-either/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello. We have connected a HP 8200 Elite to our Samsung TV with a displayport to hdmi converter 1 year ago, and it worked well. A week ago we bought a new TV table and after reconnecting the HP 8200 to our Samsung TV we get no signal to the TV.Yesterday I tested to connect a HP monitor with displayport to the HP 8200 with a displayport cable, and it did work.Today I was and switched the displayport to hdmi converter at the Kjell & CO reseller, BUT WE STILL GET NO SIGNAL TO THE SAMSUNG TV. I have connected a monitor with the RGB contact / cable, and have tested to change the display settings to make it work, BUT WITH NO SUCCESS. Could a straight displayport to hdmi cable solve the problem? Regards Roger

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/No-signal-when-connecting-displayport-to-hdmi-converter-to/td-p/5713020
Relevancy 51.17%

ASUS PCE-N13 Wireless Adapter IEEE 802.11b/g/n PCI Express 150/300Mbps Transfer/Receive Rate 64-bit/128-bit WEP, TKIP, and AES WI-Fi alliance WPA, WPA2 - Newegg.com

I randomly pick the above. It has 2 antenna. Is this card gives a better signal than a motherboard that has an embedded Wifi module?

because the situation I was at today is, these folks has a toshiba all in 1, which comes with an embedded wifi module in that All in 1. The wireless router/Cable modem is at the basement, and some times they lost signal.

So I'm thinking of something like Linksys WRT1900AC that has 4 antenna, and perhaps source out a signal booster. But if that does not work, it would be time to get a real PC that c/w PCI wireless card.

Do you guys think there is a sizeable gain on signal strength on these PCI wireless card vs. embedded Wifi module on motherboard?

A:Does PCI wireless card has better signal than embedded wireless module inside PC

I would try power over Ethernet. But if you must use wifi the all in one probably has its antenna around the screen. I would look at range entenders. They are getting cheap where they just act as an access point and will allow you to extend their coverage

https://hardforum.com/threads/does-pci-wireless-card-has-better-signal-than-embedded-wireless-module-inside-pc.1898274/
Relevancy 51.17%

My laptop has always been ok when connecting to the internet wirelessly but yesterday I couldnt connect. The icon on the screen which looks like a pyramid of lines shows an excellent connection but there is a exclamation mark in a yellow triangle over the top of it. I have turned off the router etc and other laptops in the house are working ok.

Please help.

A:Wireless connection "excellent" but with an exclamation mark

Moved to Networking forum.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-excellent-but-with-an-exclamation-mark.1017621/
Relevancy 50.74%

For some reason the laptop my friend brought over is not connecting to the internet and has had a problem connecting to the internet for awhile apparently At first i thought the Laptop Solved: internet up to but the connecting picking not signal is it was just because his mom accidently hit the hotkey to turn off the wifi so i turned it back on and it still will not connect to the internet The Mac and the PC i am using to write in this forum work just fine as well as the xbox I have been stumped all morning and still cannot figure this out maybe you guys Solved: Laptop is picking up the signal but not connecting to the internet and girls can help me I ve tried troubleshooting everything and im seriously about to throw this laptop out the window Here are some Solved: Laptop is picking up the signal but not connecting to the internet specs Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link Physical Address - - B-CE- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS Solved: Laptop is picking up the signal but not connecting to the internet over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - D- -FC- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ecea e df Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BDB -A B- B C-BFC - FF B br FD Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Gaming gt Also i even tried hooking up the laptop to the modem directly and it still picks it up like theres something there but still no internet nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop is picking up the signal but not connecting to the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-is-picking-up-the-signal-but-not-connecting-to-the-internet.1069848/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm trying to use a router to establish a wireless connection with a machine running XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2. I've connected successfully in the past with other machines (including now, as I write this), so it doesn't seem to be the router or the modem that's the problem. What's more, it's not XP, since there's another machine that can connect fine.

So, I'm stumped. I've contacted both my ISP and the manufacturer of the router, but not much help there.

Any thoughts? The machine sees the wireless connection fine, will attempt to connect and will actually say that it was successful in connection -- but there's no access to the internet and the status is actually limited or no connectivity.

A:Solved: wireless/router says it's connecting but not actually connecting

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-router-says-its-connecting-but-not-actually-connecting.729024/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello Guys I am having trouble with my wireless connection It was working fine till a couple of days back and then started acting up Let me explain the problem in detail System connects to the router It shows full signal After - seconds the wireless gets disconnected After that the behaviour is quite varied Sometimes the router itself is not recongnized Sometimes the router is recognized but the system doesnt connect If I force it to then it again says cannot connect to a hidden network After a while maybe - mins later it recongnizes and tries connecting again sometimes it succeeds Wireless connecting Router keeps and disconnecting Connecting to sometimes it doesnt My System Specifications are given below Samsung Ultrabook Series S - Model NP U C-A UK Processsor - Intel COre - U CPU Ghz Windows Hope Premium - Bit OS Wireless Network Adaptor - Intel Centrino Advaced N- ROuter - Thomson GB RAM A Little bit about my Home network There are devices connected Connecting to Wireless Router keeps connecting and disconnecting usually My Connecting to Wireless Router keeps connecting and disconnecting Wife's PC which is a Dell Inspiron and runs on Windows Home premium My Ipad of our Smart Phones and My PC Every other device currently works fine except mine So looks like the problem is with my system rather than the router or network provider Remedies I have tried and failed Updated the Network Driver by downloading and installing it from Intel Website From the ROuter side manually changed the channel to see if that has an effect FLushed my DNS tried to release and renew IPs Changed the Encryption parameters Removed and added the network again DOwnloaded Xirrus Wifi Inspector Diabled the n from adapter and tried None of the above worked Now I have reached the end of my ability to find out what the issue is I am posting this but connecting to internet by my phoes USB tethering which in turn is connected to the same router I am having problems with Please help me Any nudge in the right direction is greaty appreciated If you need more info about my system please let me know With Regards Avisesh

A:Connecting to Wireless Router keeps connecting and disconnecting

I hate to say it, but since you have done everything I would have done, its possible the wireless adapter is broken/not functioning correctly. Is the product still under warranty? Especially since you stated that other devices connect just fine.
So its probably not the router.
The only other thing I can think of to try would be to buy another wireless router and test it with that.
If you have no problems, something is amiss.
You could also set your router back to factory defaults and try again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/304887-connecting-wireless-router-keeps-connecting-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Got a wierd problem here.

Got a Zyxel wireless modem router. The wireless part works perfect but when I plug in a RJ-45 (ethernet cable) into on of the ports and then into the network card on a desktop computer - its gets no internet. I can login to the router from the desktop fine.

I thought this was the computer it-self.

So I got a laptop, and plugged the same cable into it - still no internet connection.
(The cable was replaced with another RJ-45 - so it is not the cable - this problem is baffling me)

Any ideas anyone?

A:Solved: Wireless Router - Wireless Pefect but no signal from RJ-45

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-router-wireless-pefect-but-no-signal-from-rj-45.654971/
Relevancy 50.74%

i have a netgear wgr614 v7 is there any way i can set it up th receive a wireless signal instead of transmit i essentially want to turn it into an external wireless card for a desktop computer any ideas?

A:Using a Netgear wireless router to recieve a wireless signal

Nope, not with the standard firmware. That model operates only in infrastructure mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-a-netgear-wireless-router-to-recieve-a-wireless-signal.672352/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have an HP desktop with an ASUS VS montior connected with VGA cable I have an NVIDI GeForce GTX graphics card I have a BENQ projector connected with HDMI cable All has been running perfectly for months no connecting Solved: when cable VGA monitor signal on HDMI ASUS The setting has been set on quot duplicate screen quot Yesterday rather than turn off the projector s power as normal I simply clicked windows-P and Solved: VGA no signal on ASUS monitor when connecting HDMI cable selected quot PC screen only quot My Solved: VGA no signal on ASUS monitor when connecting HDMI cable monitor immediately went black and said quot VGA no signal quot Since then I can use the computer as normal when the HDMI cable is not connected but as soon as I connect the HDMI cable I get a black screen on my monitor The screen shows on the projector as expected but the monitor screen is black My monitor only works when the HDMI cable to the projector is unplugged from the back of the desktop I have no idea how to get both screen working again Any help much appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

At one time I used Connectify which enables a Windows notebook to share it's internet connection by turning the notebook into a wifi hot spot I received BSOD each time I would connect to the signal with my DroidX this was not a problem with any other system I connect I received a recommendation download from Windows which was Intel's to netwns64.sys DroidX connecting 4d36bce4 My Intel signal, Wifi BSOD official version of software similar to Connectify It allows you to turn your notebook into a wifi hot spot I figured that it was BSOD connecting DroidX to Intel My Wifi signal, netwns64.sys 4d36bce4 best to use this software because it was developed by Intel and my wifi hardware is Intel Long story short I am still having the same BSOD issues each time I try to connect my DroidX to the hot spot signal generated by BSOD connecting DroidX to Intel My Wifi signal, netwns64.sys 4d36bce4 my notebook Any other system I try to connect such as other laptops and other phones do work perfectly and do not cause any BSOD's Thanks for taking the time to read this and helping me out HTML Code -Windows bt all current updates -original installed OS is Windows Vista Home Premium bt -age of system hardware between and years -OS instillation age is week because I reinstalled Windows but the issue has been present before the reinstall

A:BSOD connecting DroidX to Intel My Wifi signal, netwns64.sys 4d36bce4

BSODs caused by Intel Networking/Wifi driver
Update it using the update utility or find a newer version from your laptop manufacturer's website
Intel? Driver Update Utility

Revert back to an older version if the newer ones still cause BSODs

Update your Agere Systems Soft Modem driver
Find Support by Product

Code:
agrsm64.sys fffff880`078b5000 fffff880`079d7000 0x00122000 0x49184ccf 10/11/2008 19:01:35

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {28, 2, 0, fffff880048ecf4b}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETwNs64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETwNs64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETwNs64.sys
Probably caused by : NETwNs64.sys ( NETwNs64+e1f4b )
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000028, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff880048ecf4b, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030bc100

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
NETwNs64+e1f4b
fffff880`048ecf4b 488b4828 mov rcx,qword ptr [rax+28h]

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

PROCESS_NAME: System

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800715c550 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800715c550)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa80056c2888
rdx=0000000000000002 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff880048ecf4b rsp=fffff8800715c6e0 rbp=fffffa8005f66db0
r8=0000000000000000 r9=0000000000000000 r10=0069004c00200069
r11=0000000000000002 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
NETwNs64+0xe1f4b:
fffff880`048ecf4b 488b4828 mov rcx,qword ptr [rax+28h] ds:c3be:00000000`00000028=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002e891e9 to fffff80002e89c40

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0715c408 fffff800`02e891e9 : 00000000`0000000a 00000000`00000028 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0715c410 fffff800`02e87e60 : fffff880`009e7180 00000000`00000001 fffff800`03014520 fffffa80`05f66db0 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`0715c550 fffff880`048ecf4b : fffffa80`05f66db0 fffffa80`05f66db0 fffffa80`00000002 00000000`00000018 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff880`0715c6e0 fffffa80`05f66db0 : fffffa80`05f66db0 fffffa80`00000002 00000000`00000018 fffffa80`000000cc : NETwNs64+0xe1f4b
fffff880`0715c6e8 fffffa80`05f66db0 : fffffa80`00000002 00000000`00000018 fffffa80`000000cc fffff880`048b4390 : 0xfffffa80`05f66db0
fffff880`0715c6f0 fffffa80`00000002 : 00000000`00000018 fffffa80`000000cc fffff880`048b4390 fffffa80`05f66408 : 0xfffffa80`05f66db0
fffff880`0715c6f8 00000000`00000018 : fffffa80`000000cc fffff880`048b4390 fffffa80`05f66408 fffffa80`04d5c000 : 0xfffffa80`00000002
fffff880`0715c700 fffffa80`000000cc : fffff880`048b4390 fffffa80`05f66408 fffffa80`04d5c000 fffffa80`05f66408 : 0x18
fffff880`0715c708 fffff880`048b4390 : fffffa80`05f66408 fffffa80`04d5c000 fffffa80`05f66408 fffffa80`05f6... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/184515-bsod-connecting-droidx-intel-my-wifi-signal-netwns64-sys-4d36bce4.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an older ativa router don't know the model number right off but it has worked fine and I have 4 hardwired computers wired in and on occasion i use my netbook for a wireless connection. I haven't used it in a few weeks and now it won't work. nothing has been changed on any computer. I can sometimes get a connection but it show packages sent but none received and wont work. do you think the wireless part of the router went bad and how do I know how to check. Please help need the wireless service for my netbook and my new laptop which would not pick up the signal either and i have no password or restrictions on it . They normally just pick it up and work. Please help if you know what i need to do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-wireless-signal-on-wireless-router.170898/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all!

I have a fujitsu notebook with a atheros wireless 5005g inegrated card. To make a long story short; when looking for wireless networks with the standard vista "wireless manager" I see full signal strength before connecting. After connecting it goes down to 2 (out of 6) levels. When using another computer connected to the same router, it receives full speed, both before and after connection. My wireless connection also disconnects alot, with a waiting periode of 30 seks or so before I`m able to reconnect.

I`ve seen similar problems (and solutions) for Linux users, but this does not help an average computer skilled guy like me.

My router is a Thomson Speedtouch 546i set up with wep security. (also tried Wpa etc)

appreciate all help I can get.

thnx

A:Low wireless signal with Atheros wireless 5005g

Hi Chrisdue,

To make a better analysis of your problem :
- does that other computer also run vista?
- which connection is lost ? to the router or to the internet?
- what is the driver you use for your wireless adapter? has it been signed ? did you look if any updates are available for the wireless card driver?

If internet connectivity is lost, I think upgrading the firmware of your router might be a good option.
If it's the connectivity to the router only we might need the information above to do a better troubleshooting.

Kind regards,
Stumpy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/low-wireless-signal-with-atheros-wireless-5005g-224704.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I want to expand my router's wireless signal in order to cover the whole house. I already have two modem/routers. Does it have anything to do with wireless bridge or something? Can I do it without using any kind of software? So note that I want to use the basic router which will have internet connection and use a second router to increase the wireless signal. It's crucial that I find a solution as soon as possible. Thanks in advance!

A:How do I use two wireless routers to expand wireless signal?

One router will supply DNS and DHCP (IP addresses), the other can be configured to be an access point. To achieve total coverage, run a CAT-5e cable from the main router to the access point (which will be located across the house), and have both use the same SSID.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/223154-how-do-i-use-two-wireless-routers-expand-wireless-signal.html
Relevancy 48.59%

So at my friend s house whenever it rains or bad cloudy day there is no WiFi signal sending from main floor to nd floor So I recommend them to install a Linksys RE range extender to boost the signal on the existing Linksys AC unit and the setup of that extender is wacky It somehow works after a while but w o the GHz band But the other day when they re-plug and good what's signal doesn't day during booster signal & WiFi rainy the work, signal extender? no in that extender there is no signal even on a sunny no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender? day So today no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender? I try to help them to re-initialize that RE by going thru the instruction totally no signal on a sunny day Now assuming it s a defective DOA unit is there some range extender that is high quality And has a nice and simple setup software just in case pushing the WPS button doesn t work And more importantly should we unplug the extender when you don t use it Or are you suppose to always leave it plug in If you unplug it would you lost all the setting on that extender nbsp

A:no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender?

Ouch!
Use a wire. Extend WiFi via remotely placed access points.

https://hardforum.com/threads/no-wifi-signal-during-rainy-day-and-signal-booster-doesnt-work-whats-the-good-signal-extender.1904091/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi everyone I m having an extremely frustrating problem connecting to my Netgear DG G v wireless router in my flat In short Ever since I reformatted router's network to Can't adapter wireless connecting connect to wireless despite net my hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP Pro internet browsers do not detect a connection to the internet despite a wireless connection being detected in the network connections and the icon in the system tray when my wireless adapter is plugged into my PC Connection problems only occurred after the reformat another PC in my flat connects wirelessly to our router with no problems before during amp after the time I reformatted I m posting this using his PC and the router config settings have definitely not been changed in any way so its not a router problem It appears that the wireless adapter is able to detect a signal from the router but the router is not sending information to the adapter I can t even connect to the router setup IP address More detailed I wiped the PC s harddrive then reinstalled Windows XP Pro I thought the recovery disk would have drivers with Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network it like others I d used but it didn t so I had to manually find nVidia chipset amp com Ethernet controller Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network drivers and SP for USB functionality download them on another PC and transfer and install them on mine I got SP this didn t change anything I changed back to SP still no change to connectivity When my Netgear WG v wireless adapter is plugged into a USB port Windows recognises it as a device connected to the PC My Netgear DG G v router is working normally the power light is on the internet light is on and the wireless light is on all are green the internet light blinks intermittently as normal the other two are solid When the wireless adapter is plugged into the PC wireless networks are detected and I can detect and connect to my Netgear router using the same WEP key and SSID as before set at the time of router setup Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network and not changed since Bubble comes up with Wireless Network Connection NETGEAR Speed Mbps Signal Strength Very Good When a browser is opened and set to any website the DNS error screen The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable etc in IE Server not found Firefox can t find the server at www google co uk in Firefox When opening Internet Explorer the bar at the bottom of the window displays Detecting proxy settings for a few seconds before the DNS error comes up The router settings cannot be opened via a browser either by using the router setup CD or by typing http into the address bar The same error msg is displayed in IE Firefox displays Unable to connect Firefox can t establish a connection to the server at I can connect to the router setting page in the above way using my flatmate s wireless connection to the same router Opening up the properties of the wireless connection shows that data packets are sent but not received e g after leaving the wireless connection on for hours packets sent packets received I tried bridging the wireless connection with the Net Adapter connection in Network Connections LAN or High Speed Internet this had no effect reversing this also had no effect All settings IP etc were set to be automatically provided no effect I looked at my flatmate s connection settings IP address subnet mask DHCP server etc and manually specified as many of them as I could on my connection no effect I used my flatmate s connection to go into the router settings and manually specify my PC s Physical address MAC no as being always allowed to connect no effect I effectively turned off the router s firewall by setting it to allow incoming connections on all ports no effect Changed it back no effect also no firewalls installed... Read more

A:Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-net-despite-wireless-adapter-connecting-to-routers-wireless-network.541734/
Relevancy 48.59%

I just purchased a wireless router (Linksys) to set up as a wireless access point connected via an ethernet cable to another Linksys wireless router that is connected to my DSL modem. I know I need to connect LAN port to LAN port, but do I need a "straight through" or a "switched/crossover" cable? As I have done some reading, some directions say straight, others say switched, some don't say at all. I just want to be sure I don't have a cabling issue. Thanks in advance for any information.

A:Solved: Connecting Wireless access point and wireless router

Well, a crossover cable will certainly work. If either end of the routers have auto-MDX ports, a straight patch cable will work as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connecting-wireless-access-point-and-wireless-router.908446/
Relevancy 48.16%

I just purchased a Lexmark X which is wireless enabled I followed the install instructions using my main desktop system The install does have you connect printer to wireless Wireless existing Connecting network a USB Connecting Wireless printer to existing wireless network cable for part of the installation My main system is wired to my router I installed the printer drivers and did wireless setup on one of my laptops Good news is that the laptop recognizes the printer and prints just fine Ok here is my question My main system that is hard wired to the router does not recognize the lexmark printer unless I plug the USB cable back into it If I do that then the printer does not work for all the other wirelessly connected systems So does anyone know if I can get this to work without buying a wireless card for my main desktop system I was hoping that with my main system connected to the wireless router wired that it would work Thanks in advance for the help Marty nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all This is my first post and I would like some advice and for someone to tell me if what I want to wireless wireless Connecting router to point access do is indeed possible I would like to connect a wireless access point placed upstairs to my wireless belkin router placed in downstairs living room I want to place the wireless access point upstairs then connect a switch to this with an ethernet cable I will then be connecting a blu-ray player Connecting wireless router to wireless access point tv and xbox console via the switch to the wireless access point I m hoping this will also increase the wireless signal in the attic which would be a bonus but not hugely important I want to Connecting wireless router to wireless access point connect everything upstairs wirelessly because trailing a long ethernet cable through the house isn t possible which is why i m thinking of this set up I m thinking of using either the TP-Link TL-WA ND or the Edimax EW- APN because these seem reasonably priced with good reviews If any one can tell me if this sounds correct and if it will work before I go out and buy the gear that would be great Many thanks for any help in advance nbsp

A:Connecting wireless router to wireless access point

Sounds like you want a Wireless Bridge (or AP Client). If you get a decent signal in the desired location and the WAP includes Wireless Bridge mode it should work fine. I use one (now discontinued, so I won't recommend it) myself for a camera whose integrated wireless no longer works.

I'm hoping this will also increase the wireless signal in the atticClick to expand...

That requires Repeater (or Range Extender) mode. If the WAP includes Wireless Bridge mode it will (I'm pretty sure) also include this mode. I understand that some units can do both jobs (wireless bridge and repeater) at the same time.

I didn't look at the specs or manuals for the units you mentioned; just indicating what you should be looking for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wireless-router-to-wireless-access-point.1031008/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Im new to this forum and i just have a one question. Can i connect my 2WIRE wireless gateway with a wireless router?

A:Connecting my 2WIRE Wireless gateway with another Wireless router

Yeah i can do that but if i disable the dhcp server then i dont have internet. the 2wire gateway is for my dsl connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-my-2wire-wireless-gateway-with-another-wireless-router.55079/
Relevancy 48.16%

i have a dell insperon 2500 from 1998 and a belkin wireless G card. i have spent about 3 hours on the phone with customer service with no success.

i installed the drivers and followed instructions and have had about 2 minutes of being connected with the rest of the time the computer is trying to "validate identity" or find a certificate to log me onto the wireless network.

if you need anymore information to solve this let me know and i will provide it

but i am not smart in computer language so i will need some instructions to find some things.

our router is a wireless n e1000 from linksys
and i need any settings i change to still work with an xbox 360 wireless n adaptor.
thanks ahead of time!

A:problem connecting to wireless internet with wireless card.

Hi:See if this link addresses your issue.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can't_validate_identity_of_a_wireless_connection_using_windows_xp
And this one from TSG:
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/819343-wireless-unable-validate-identity.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-connecting-to-wireless-internet-with-wireless-card.915045/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi there Right ADSL, router a DSL other Connecting two wireless the - wireless together One routers I really need some help here - I thought I had done this correctly but clearly not as it Connecting two routers together - One wireless ADSL, the other a DSL wireless router still doesn t work Info Basically I got my sister a wireless router and purchased a big antenna for her to take up to Uni as she has rented a house with loads of friends and it s massive with very thick walls Luckily the router and modifications mean she can access it all round the house although she has had to put a long cat cable in to put it on the middle floor When she finally got round to purchasing internet from quot Be quot they sent her a wireless ADSL modem router Here is the problem The router they sent doesn t have the range needed in my sisters house The router I gave her doesn t have an ADSL modem They also don t have a telephone cable going to the middle floor only cat How can I connect the two routers together I know it s possible by turning off DHCP etc from the second router but it doesn Connecting two routers together - One wireless ADSL, the other a DSL wireless router t seem to be Connecting two routers together - One wireless ADSL, the other a DSL wireless router working More info Router quot A quot is the ADSL modem wireless router they provided Router quot B quot is a Kcorp KLG- - pdf manual can be found here Connection info from a pc connected wirelessley to router quot A quot Physical Address - - F- - F-BD IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server Lease Obtained Lease Expires DNS Server WINS Server Click to expand Settings available on router quot B quot LAN and DHCP Server Select Connection Type Any ideas If you look on the manual link page onwards shows you all the settings available Thanks for your time Panda nbsp

A:Connecting two routers together - One wireless ADSL, the other a DSL wireless router

You need to get her a wireless Access Point and place it in a central location in the house. Select the DSL modem and configure the Access Point to connect with it...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-two-routers-together-one-wireless-adsl-the-other-a-dsl-wireless-router.92410/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Belkin g+ wireless router it is getting internet, I am connected to it by cable, and can access it's setup page, but it is not sending out a wireless signal. It works as a hub but not as a wireless router. Any Help?

A:Wireless router no wireless signal

Sounds like your wireless function has been turned off, have you checked the "Wireless" section of your routers setup page? Another possibility is that you have some kind of interference (another router, wireless phone, microwave oven etc.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-router-no-wireless-signal.167866/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello again tech guys,

I am running a Dell Inpiron E1505, with an Intel(r) PROSet/Wireless built in card. I have connected with tons of networks before. I am currently out of town for a little while and am trying to connect to a network that is public (not password protected). I can easily connect to the network with excellent signal. I then go to Internet Explorer to start browsing and am unable to connect to any site. Whats my problem???

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello!

Im a bit confused with what I need to do with my set up so any advice will be tried and will hopefully work.

I just had charter install a wireless cable modem into my house and it was put in my study. however, i would now like to get my xbox 360 running as well as the internet for my blue-ray player and tv. So i bought a wireless router.

The modem from charter is called: Ubee wireless cable modem (from charter)
The wireless router purchases is: Netgear N300 wireless router (wnr2000v3)

I am trying to connect them wirelessly. Like I said above, my modem is in the study and the router is about 30 feet away in the living room area. Is there any way to connect those?

Thanks!

A:Connecting Wireless Modem to Wireless Router

Is there any way to connect those? Click to expand...

Yes, best and maybe only way is by ethernet cable--LAN to LAN port if you want everything on the same local network.

I am trying to connect them wirelessly.Click to expand...

Does the router have a Wireless Bridge (or AP Client) mode? If not, if it has an AP mode there is a small chance you may still accomplish it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wireless-modem-to-wireless-router.1006067/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All Firstly to set the scene am compuer literate having been a programmer for some years but networking not my strong point Am trying to create a small network at home I have the following wireless Connecting wireless router to dongle Laptop PC Connecting wireless router to wireless dongle Linksys wireless router LinksysWRT GS Wireless dongle chinese thing from airtel Zambia Africa where I am I want to connect the Laptop and the PC together via Connecting wireless router to wireless dongle the Linksys router and for the laptop and PC to go on to the internet via the router to the internet dongle and out The key is that I have to link the Linksys router to the dongle via wireless as there are no other ways to connect them The wireless dongle has the following setup that I cant change Its IP is It dishes out IP addresses starting at The Linksys wireless router is as follows but obviously these can be changed Its IP is It also dishes out IP addresses starting at I can find plenty of examples where the Linksys is connected to a modem via a cable but not via wireless Also can I actually do what I am trying to do thanks Ivor nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,

Im trying to find out if a network combination is possible with the particular hardware I have at the moment.

I have looked thourgh other threads but could not find exactly this.

The hardware I have is : Hawking HWBA54g wireless bridge and a linksys WRT54G2 V1 router

I have the Hawking bridge setup picking up a wireless network from the hanger across from it, it picks this up fine and I can plug a wired connection and use the net.

What I want to do is plug the WRT54G Router into the Bridge to broadcast the connection wirelessly in that hanger.

Is this possible with the hardware I have?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thankyou

A:Connecting a wireless Router to A wireless bridge

I don't see why not. You should be able to simply plug them together. If the remote wireless network has the same 192.168.1.x base address as your Linksys, you will have to configure the Linksys to a different base address, say 192.168.2.1. You obviously also want the channel of the Linksys as far away from the bridge channel as possible to minimize crosstalk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-wireless-router-to-a-wireless-bridge.832594/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,

My room mate and I have a Linksys wireless router connected to our cable modem. He can access the Internet on his laptop through the router, but I'm having trouble connnecting on my desktop (windows XP). I have a TRENDnet TEW-424UB wireless USB adaptor, and it's fully installed, but I have no idea how to get it to connect through the router. The setup didn't walk me through anything beyond installing the USB adaptor, and I'm entirely new to using wireless connections. I don't even know where to start.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:Connecting a wireless USB adaptor to a wireless router

Hi Lieskens, and welcome to TSG.

Did you get a printed User Guide with the adapter or a PDF file for the User Guideon a CD? If not, there is a download link for an Adobe Acrobat PDF file on the Trendnet web site:

http://www.trendnet.com/downloads/list_subcategory.asp?SUBTYPE_ID=1155

The guide seems include the set-up procedure for establishing a connection. You will need to know the Wireless SSID of the router and any encryption key being used.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-wireless-usb-adaptor-to-a-wireless-router.871943/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Wondered if please! help Signal Wireless - anyone could help me identify a problem that I seem to be having I ve Wireless Signal - help please! had a wireless network set up for a good while using a Dlink DI- router with a MEG connection from Virgin Telewest using their standard modem Wireless Signal - help please! The router and modem connection point is upstairs directly above where I m trying to connect For the first few months this setup was spot on I was getting decent speeds and decent connection reliability but for the past month it seems to have got slightly shaky the speed has dropped considerably as an average sometimes fast sometimes slow slow most of the time but most frustrating is the reliability of the connection I ll be happliy surfing along and suddenly it ll fail to open a page sometimes I see the Wireless symbol in my intray looking for the connection a few seconds later sometimes it stays connected throughout But the laptop then finds the connection again after about seconds Is this a classic router signal strength problem or does it sound like a telewest internet speed problem or both I tried a speed test on toast net yesterday and apparently my connection is only just faster than dial-up which is slightly worrying Any help would be greatly appreciated as it s a slightly annoying dilemma nbsp

A:Wireless Signal - help please!

This a pretty good wf-router, have you release and renew the ip address from your ISP lately. How's the LAN is that stable? WAN is your problem then? If you stay close to the connection to router how it good fair or bad in signal strenght?

Also you have DSL or Cable modem? Sometimes the DSL modems act up plus have your ISP check your lines and DSL strength. But if you w-f router is dropping the connections you need to check the logs and you might have to reset the router to see if that clears it up. Firmware updates are good to do..

Here's the dlink link for you w-f router
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=316

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-signal-help-please.78187/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have two computers that use a wireless network. I have a linksys modem on one computer and a wireless usb adapter on the other. I have had this for a few years and just realized that it is possible that the linksys equipment could be my problem. The problem is that my internet connection goes in and out all the time. If I am on AIM I constantly loose my signal. It connects and reconnects every few minutes. If I get a new modem and wireless adapter would the same thing happen?

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,just decided to changed wired modem router to a wireless one.

First purchased a Netgear DG834PN ADSL2+ RangeMax MIMO-G Wireless Modem Router.

Worked ok,but range was poor furthest point from router.

Rang ebuyer from where i purchased product,recommended to get Netgear DGNB2100 Wireless-N Modem Router and USB Adapter Kit.

Had same problems as above,rang ebuyer tech support. He changed some settings on router(not sure what,think he changed channel and type of security)still poor range.

Now when i look on network symbol on taskbar,i have 2 wireless connections.

One is internal card on Dell vista laptop,other is USB device.On furthest point in house,Dell card shows one bar,USB shows two bars on signal strength. Dell shows local only connectivity,USB limited connectivity.

Also when pc is switched on it takes 4mins to connect to wireless!!!

Please help,my knowledge of above is very limited,just like my wireless connection!!

Relevancy 46.87%

My neighbor just recently got wireless internet via router. I was wondering if there was a way that I could receive the signal from them to my desktop computer, i can pickup signal from there with my PSP but they live across the road from me, around 200 feet maybe, and i can only get it at about 40-50% when i go right to the road at around 100 feet away. I cant pick it up in my house at all, it could be because of a big green tree in front that messes the signal. I was wondering if there is some kind of super wifi picker uper that i could use to receive internet for use on my desktop for surfing.

A:Wireless Signal

are you talking about hacking off his signal?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-signal.934672/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello everyone I have a far signal not Wireless is going D-Link router model DI- here at home and it always worked great I don t always use the wireless so sometimes Wireless signal is not going far I remove it sometimes I plug Wireless signal is not going far it like when friends bring their laptops Now I recently got myself an iPhone so I plugged it back for the signal but now it just doesn t seem to work as well as it used to What I mean is that on my portable I only get out of the bars for the strength of the signal while it always worked perfectly and my portable is in my room which is also the same room as my router So it seems that all of a sudden the signal isn t as strong as before Any ideas why I d like to know cause it s such a pain I can t even use the Wi-Fi on my iPhone in any other room in my house I HAVE to be in my room That s kind of stupid cause it used to work great everywhere in my house Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Wireless signal is not going far

I believe that some hardware and firmware versions of the DI-624 have an Advanced performance settings screen that let you adjust the transmit power to less than 100%. You may want to make sure you are running at full power. If the antennas are detachable, make sure they are screwed on finger tight.

You might also try experimenting with different channel numbers in case a nearby neighbor is running a wireless router on the same or adjacent channel. If you want to be more scientific about it, you can use free WiFi scanning software, like inSSIDer, to see what other wireless access points can be picked up by your computer and what channels they are using.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-signal-is-not-going-far.961520/
Relevancy 46.87%

i took my laptop in to have cleaned (the dust removed) now i have a problem staying connected with the wi-fi.the signals bar reads 4 out of 5.i have to take the laptop to the router it will then connect.i can then go in the other rooms with it.it will stay connected for a few hours and the get cut-off.i never had a problem until i got it cleaned.4 out of 5 bars and it wont connect.

A:wireless signal???

Could you tell us the make and model of your equipment and do the following:
Start>Run>Type "CMD">Type "IPCONFIG /ALL">Right click and click"Select All">Press Enter key and paste log here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-signal.906896/
Relevancy 46.87%

why does my aspire one cloudbook 14  internet signal keep going up and down and disconnecting

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/wireless-signal/td-p/461565
Relevancy 46.87%

This has happened to me before but I can't remember how I fixed it My laptop only works when it's plugged in all the time because of the battery But my sister unplugged it and the battery drained completely in mins The date amp Signal Wireless Low year changed which I know is a sign that I need a new battery but it's been working fine as long as I keep it plugged in But since I've turned it on Low Wireless Signal I can't connect to the internet again because there is quot Low Wireless Signal Low Wireless Signal quot from the router even though the network has a bar signal and I'm sitting next to it And my iPod my Dad's Mac and my sisters laptop all connect to it fine I've tried switching the router off for Low Wireless Signal seconds and then turning it back on again to no avail Does anyone know how to fix this problem I'm not great with computers so I might not understand what to do if there is a solution so a step-by-step solution would be really helpful

A:Low Wireless Signal

UPDATE

I reinstalled my wireless adapter driver and now a different message is coming up. saying Make sure the computer is in range of the network and that the settings match the router.

Even though I AM in range as I'm right next to the router, and everyone else in my family can connect to it.

Can someone please help me with this because I really need my laptop for my portfolio so that I can get into University.

If you need details of anything just ask, and maybe tell me how I can get the details...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/281858-low-wireless-signal.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a E100 Linksys router and I am not getting any wireless signal on my phone. I got on the internet to get help but ended up getting a scam linksys company who said my firewall security expired and that I had a worm that was preventing the wireless signal from getting out.
Do you have any suggestions on where to start to resolve the no signal dilemma?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/no-wireless-signal-1090746.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hi, evreyone

can anyone tell me how to strengthen your wireless signal from very low to excelent? i have to do a presentation on this in front of my class
plz help me?

A:wireless signal

You can do that by:

Bringing the wireless devices (router and computer) closer to each other.
Installing gain (min 7 dB) directional antenna on the router and/or computer.
Moving computer around by few inches and monitoring the siganl level for the strongest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-signal.568146/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey i have a buddy that wants to share internet connection. well first let me say this is a 2 house lot one house in front and the other in back he wants to shot the connection from the front to the back.

his setup

linksys wireless B router (in back house)
laptop with built in wireless card (in front house)

Know i went and bought a card for his laptop wich is a wireless N card. I set it up fine but it dose not pick up the signal it sees the router but the signal is very weak. Now, i know dont need a boster because i took out my mac G4 laptop with a built in airport extrem card in it and it picks it up at full signal it dose not even go down one bar. Can some one help me out is there a stronger card that will work with the linksys

A:how to get far wireless signal

I don`t know if this`ll help at all, but it`s an interesting read nonetheless. Look HERE.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-get-far-wireless-signal.71374/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey all, i tried to search this board but couldnt find an answer. I have an older Linksys wireless-B router (BEFW11S4). My wireless laptop which is 2 floors above the wireless router, has a really low signal and it makes it hard to use the internet. I remember there was a signal booster that linksys made a few years ago, but I cannot find it anymore. If I upgraded to a more current router, would my signal strength improve? Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks!

A:Really low signal for wireless??

If you buy a new router, with a wide range, it will help.
You are 2 floors above the router, and plus the router is old. This is why you are having connection problems. I'd would say buying a new router is your best option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/really-low-signal-for-wireless.54936/
Relevancy 46.87%

is there a way to get a better wireless internet signal? i have 2 computers in the house, one with a modem going through DSL, and a wireless adapter feeding off of that connection (the modem) to get internet. is there a way to avoid things such as 'Unable To Connect' and random disconnections?
Thanks for any help in advance.

Relevancy 46.87%

ok, I will be honest, I suck at internet stuff and now I have this problem...
I have a Belkin G Wireless Router connected to a free modem given by the internet company
Now, the connection is stable and smooth but the problem is that if I turn on my computer (wired connection), my laptop in the other room cannot access the internet wirelessly.

The connection at the other room just stops dead when I turn on my wired pc. Also, wireless connection is very sporadic, able to connect for a few minutes then its gone...

Any thoughts or suggestions to this problem? Thanks

A:No Wireless Signal... Help Please

would you post an ipconfig /all from the wireless machine when its working correct
And also an ipconfig /all from the cable computer when it disocnnects your other PC
it maybe an IP conflict
{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-wireless-signal-help-please.927625/
Relevancy 46.87%

I already had a topic I started about weak signal in a three story house - we'll probably just put a WAP upstairs.

However, even when I'm downstairs and have excellent signal strength, the wireless signal will sometimes just go away. You go to the list of available networks and its not on there, then a minute or so later, it is and it reconnects. What could be causing this? the router? Our cable itself?