Windows Support Forum

Can't connect to router or do a hard reset

Q: Can't connect to router or do a hard reset

i have an On-Q router, model# P/N 364772-01.

I'm trying to re-establish the home network, but I cant get anything to connect to the router. IP config shows no gateway, and I cant ping the router. I dont think I've ever had to do a hard reset on this router, but nothing blinks or flashes to indicate a reset took. This is a wired network, nothing is wi-fi.

Is there anything I can do??? Or is the router a brick now?

Edit: Im googling like mad, but it doesnt help when i have such an obscure router model. Would i be able to access anything if i connected my computer to the WAN port?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't connect to router or do a hard reset

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,

After being discon a few times I reset my router through anger and now I'm struggling to
connect to the internet.

My wi-fi is not being noticed by my mac.

I was told to go to 194.168.1.254 and set it up again. However, I have
no Internet.

So, I'm trying to do it via Ethernet. However, I struggled to get on the net this way and couldn't type in that ip address for
my speedtouch router ST585 v6

So, I had to do it manually and so my settings are..

Ip address: 192.168.1.10
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
router: 192.168.1.254
dns: 192.168.1.254

using these settings I am still unable to connect. I can't ping the address because I get the error that
my host is down or can't find a route.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks

Relevancy 67.08%

OK so here is the problem Someone went into my computer pulled up the black screen thingy and changed the wireless password for our wireless att modem in the middle of it I got this red X and it would not let me even choose to connect and their connect Router after Reset Wireless Cannot response was quot You use Comodo and some firewall must be up and I don t know how to do anything in Comodo quot so I then had to restore my PC back to a date previous to then in order to get the red x to go away and connect I was able to connect after that with the new password THEN there was a lightning storm and it struck the connection point outside the house At amp t came out and rewired it Same modem still works fine BUT they had to Reset the modem So since it was Cannot connect Wireless after Router Reset reset to the Default password my computer will no longer connect via wireless I can only connect via ethernet cord Every other device in the house can connect Kindle and my phone but my computer can t I even went outside the home to see if I could connect to other wireless routers and it worked just fine I tried restoring it back to an earlier time before the storm was the earliest date and nothing helped I did quot ipconfig quot and all those Cannot connect Wireless after Router Reset commands did not help We made sure it was WEP and Open and the password was correct So all obvious things are ruled out I know it has something to do with when he changed the password about a month ago the error messages that I get are quot invalid ip configuration quot I set it on automatic to read IP and that still did not help and quot No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected quot Also when I am trying to connect to the wireless the modem shows I am connecting but on my PC it says limited connectivity and shows and Unidentified network Nothing seems to be making sense CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

I bought a new laptop and it needed a password to connect. I didn't know the password and a site told me to reset my router. So I did this and now neither of my laptops can connect to it. What should I do?

A:Reset my Router and Laptops can't Connect

Without the password for the router, they wont connect. Talk to the person who has the router and get the password. if it is your router, call your ISP and see if they will reset it for you. I know my cable modem/router can be reset by the cable tv company.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/237530-reset-my-router-laptops-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello people,
So I moved into a new shared flat and had trouble with the W-Lan connectivity. I tried to set the channel to a less used one and instate a password for the router. Something went wrong with the password an I had to rsset the router. Now nobody can connect to the internet (the lamp on the router showing that is off) but the network still works. Itsdefinitly a problem on the routers side, as all computers still work with other networks. The router is an eltek V7621 A2.

A:cant connect to internet after router reset

more details:
When I run the Vista onboard diagnostics It says that the communication with the primary DNS Server (fe80::1%12) is not possible.
ip config all returns
Windows-IP-Konfiguration
Hostname . . . . . . . . . . . . : Manuel-PC
Primäres DNS-Suffix . . . . . . . :
Knotentyp . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP-Routing aktiviert . . . . . . : Nein
WINS-Proxy aktiviert . . . . . . : Nein
DNS-Suffixsuchliste . . . . . . . : domain.name
Drahtlos-LAN-Adapter Drahtlosnetzwerkverbindung:
Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix: domain.name
Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : TP-LINK 300Mbps Wireless N Adapter
Physikalische Adresse . . . . . . : B0-48-7A-E3-C0-AB
DHCP aktiviert. . . . . . . . . . : Ja
Autokonfiguration aktiviert . . . : Ja
IPv6-Adresse. . . . . . . . . . . : fc01::a448:a8de:b5e8:a3d5(Bevorzugt)
Temporäre IPv6-Adresse. . . . . . : fc01::25be:391b:f5ed:8969(Bevorzugt)
Verbindungslokale IPv6-Adresse . : fe80::a448:a8de:b5e8:a3d5%12(Bevorzugt)
IPv4-Adresse . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.100(Bevorzugt)
Subnetzmaske . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease erhalten. . . . . . . . . . : Sonntag, 31. Juli 2016 15:59:15
Lease läuft ab. . . . . . . . . . : Montag, 1. August 2016 15:59:15
Standardgateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP-Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6-IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 296765562
DHCPv6-Client-DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-14-4E-3F-73-00-1D-7D-9D-1A-33
DNS-Server . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::1%12
NetBIOS über TCP/IP . . . . . . . : Aktiviert
Ethernet-Adapter LAN-Verbindung:
Medienstatus. . . . . . . . . . . : Medium getrennt
Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix:
Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigab
it Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)
Physikalische Adresse . . . . . . : 00-1D-7D-9D-1A-33
DHCP aktiviert. . . . . . . . . . : Ja
Tunneladapter LAN-Verbindung*:
Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.{0A484189-D971-4543-8CB4-F18EFEA16
CC2}
Physikalische Adresse . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP aktiviert. . . . . . . . . . : Nein
Tunneladapter LAN-Verbindung* 2:
Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physikalische Adresse . . . . . . : 02-00-54-55-4E-01
Tunneladapter LAN-Verbindung* 9:
Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.{91DB62F4-69B3-4441-AE4F-102B085DF
460}
Tunneladapter LAN-Verbindung* 10:
Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapter #3
Tunneladapter LAN-Verbindung* 11:
Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapter #4
Tunneladapter LAN-Verbindung* 12:
Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapter #5

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/cant-connect-internet-after-router-reset-4598172/
Relevancy 67.08%

This driving me nuts. Just about every time our lap top (which is running Vista) is turned off for any length of time, say about 6 -8 hours. When it's started back up, we get "connected with limited access" and can't get on the net. I have to go on the wired pc and get on my routers set up page. And with out changing any settings, just hit apply. And then the lap top connects. I have a D-link DI-624 with up to date firm ware, and everything is up to date on the lap top too. Any ideas?....Thanks

Relevancy 66.65%

Hello I recently reset my router because the connection was slow.. I tried setting it back up but I can not connect to the internet. I can connect the router and the lights on the router are solid green, but no matter what I do I still cannot connect to the internet. hardwiring my computer into the router does not work either. My ISP provider said that it was because the router keeps dropping the IP address. What could I do to fix this? I must mention that that the problems star ted after I updated the firmware, and the last step was to hold the reset button for 10 seconds. Linksys wants me to pay them 30 dollars to fix a problem caused after updating their router with the software on their website. Someone please help!

Relevancy 66.65%

I have a WGR614 v6 Netgear router. The router was working fine then wouldn't connect to the internet. When it was working properly, only the number 4 was lit. Now numbers 1-4 are lit and it does not reset when I hold down the reset button. Please help!

A:Netgear router won't reset or connect to internet

If you hold the reset button for 15 seconds with power on and it doesn't recovery, I suspect it has simply died. I'm guessing you don't have devices connected to all four ports, right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-wont-reset-or-connect-to-internet.894926/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I bought a new router to connect to my cable modem so that via reset ethernet connect Help! router cable. DNS, net adapter. Can't to Flushed I could share through USB It s a Netgear WNR the N range I was trying to find out how to set the two of them up and stupidly followed the wrong instructions setting the Can't connect to router via ethernet cable. Flushed DNS, reset net adapter. Help! IP address to yes I ve tried typing that into browser tried typing the old one tried routerlogin net and com Then I tried resetting the network adapter following threads by people who had the same problem by doing the following in elevated command prompt ipconfig flushdns nbtstat -R nbtstat -RR netsh int reset all netsh int ipv reset netsh int ipv reset netsh winsock reset And Can't connect to router via ethernet cable. Flushed DNS, reset net adapter. Help! then a reboot I ve tried resetting the router by holding the pin in and Can't connect to router via ethernet cable. Flushed DNS, reset net adapter. Help! letting the test light flash for a good - seconds I ve tried turning it off waiting turning back on I ve tried restarting in safe mode What can I do to connect to this router again so I can restore the proper IP I don t have another laptop I can use nbsp

A:Can't connect to router via ethernet cable. Flushed DNS, reset net adapter. Help!

After you reset it to factory defaults its LAN address is set to default. Connect a Windows PC to it and show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-router-via-ethernet-cable-flushed-dns-reset-net-adapter-help.1124398/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi ...

I have a Linksys wirleess broadband router w/speedbooster, model: WRT54GS V.6

Anyway... i've had multiple networks in my home thru the years... usually with minimal issues. But for the past year or so... both with this router and my last, I find that it disconnects from the internet daily, and every morning I have to reset the router.
I recently reconfigured the router, but same results.

just an fyi.... my network is secured, and has two computers wired and one wireless

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Nancy

A:Router disconnects daily-have to reset every morning or no connect to internet

Check to see if any of your Phone filters are defective.....your phonelines might be disconnecting you...i had the same problem and use the same Router by Linksys!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-disconnects-daily-have-to-reset-every-morning-or-no-connect-to-internet.581425/
Relevancy 64.5%

After working fine (well mostly) for the last couple of years, my network has been crashing for the last week or so. While connected to the internet, minding their own business, suddenly all 3 of my computers will lose internet access. I've tried everything, including following the instructions received on the D-Link help line (model DI-624), and I can get the system back up for a while, but inevitably it will crash again almost immediately. The only thing that has worked so far is doing a a hard reset (is that what it's called?) where you stick a paper clip into the reset hole and hold for 20 or so seconds.

Question 1: Does this mean my router must be replaced?

Question 2: Could the problem possibly be an adapter card in one of the clients? Would that cause the whole shebang to crash?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. I am so frustrated!

A:D-Link Router Needs Hard Reset

'Could the problem possibly be an adapter card in one of the clients?'

Possibly.

The obvious test is to run only 1, and if it happens, keep alternating one out and another in. If all 3 get the router failure 1 at a time, then the router is toast. If single comp causes the fail, then the comp NIC is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-router-needs-hard-reset.109730/
Relevancy 64.5%

Greetings on hard reset Accidental router- Help! we recently got a new desktop and Accidental hard reset on router- Help! my nephew configured the wireless DLink router for the desktop and two laptops It was all working fine with our home network connecting with all the computers Then my laptop stopped being connected to the home network I tried rebooting didn t help I read online that I should reset the router- so I pushed on the reset button and reset it Then I learned that was the worst thing I could Accidental hard reset on router- Help! have done-my home network disappeared I think it deleted all the configurations on the router My question now is- can I get it all back Accidental hard reset on router- Help! I am very computer illiterate I do have the CD that came with the router- can I just reinstall it with the CD I see that the home network is still on the computer but it will not show up on the internet access The only way I can connect to the internet is using the DLink internet access but I understand that is not safe So- is there any way to recover all the configurations my nephew put in or must I start from scratch Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Accidental hard reset on router- Help!

ask your nephew if he saved the settings for you, or try searching your computer for a file named something like this

network settings.conf

not sure if DLink save as .conf files but worth a try

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidental-hard-reset-on-router-help.1086000/
Relevancy 58.91%

I got a new router - Verizon M1424wr

It works with wireless stuff but not with my PC...which is hard-wired. But it works with my printer (which is hard-wired).

SO, something is up with my pc. I have Win7.

I have a network controller called nforce network controller from nvidia, but people on those forums are saying that nvidia doesn't make those controllers anymore...so yeah. I looked up my system info and it looks like my adapter is called

WAN MINIPORT (SSTP)

Even though, in my network window, it says the nforce is the default network controller.

Uh..so...HELP!!!!

A:Can't connect to new router - hard-wired.

Are your "System Specs" correct? Do you have an ASUS M4N98TD EVO board?

If so then you have a Broadcom LAN adapter, not nVidia. I think you're mis-reading whatever you're looking at. It is the Broadcom B5071 which is your network adapter, and you should already have correct drivers installed.

Here's the specs for your board from ASUS:

Aside from getting a new M1424wr router from Verizon FIOS, what else in your system has changed? What modem/router were you using before this one? Were you always on FIOS, or were you on your cable system, or what?

How were you connecting to whatever you had previously... wired, or wireless? Again, what was the router hardware previously and who was your ISP service provider, if not FIOS??

Does the Broadcom network card provide a wired vs. wireless configuration setting?? Is there some kind of "network setup" wizard for the supporting software which specifies wired vs. wireless?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/322609-cant-connect-new-router-hard-wired.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Windows 7 HP Compaq 615, Belkin N+ Router, Freecom 500gb NTFS HDD

I am trying to make a wireless connection to my external hard drive which is attached via USB to my Belkin N+ router. I use the router as the default gateway to the internet and have used the ping command to check I can send to and receive from the router.So far my laptop is not recognising the hdd even though my son on a Mac has had no problem in connecting to it. All offers of help gratefully received.

A:Connect wirelessly to router connected Hard drive

I own a Belkin N+ and have a WD 320 HDD attached to it. On the Belkin CD is a software package called Belkin Storage Manager which must be loaded on any PC wishing to gain access to the drive attached to the router, it lists the drive as Z:On Belkin N+ unless you give it a name then it will be Z:the name you gave it on Belkin N+. The reason your son's MAC see's it is the MAC finds everything attached to the IP and it essentially is attached to your router's IP table.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/94191-connect-wirelessly-router-connected-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700(I5 Core) and i am trying to factory reset to the default settings again because of the stupid problems i am having on the tablet.
Here is the problem i am trying to get into the BIOS which is the 1 step on the Acer website but for some bizarre reason when it is completely off i press the Windows button and the power button to get in to the BIOS as it says on the Acer Website but it keeps going to the start menu/desktop now instead of going to the BIOS. :/
I have factory reset/hard reset on my Acer Iconia W700 a couple times and i never had this problem before, i gone in to the BIOS no problem!!!
Can someone help me please?? Thanks!!!

A:Windows 8 tablet factory reset/hard reset problem!!! HELP!!

Is it still under warranty? You should try contacting Acer.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/397817-windows-8-tablet-factory-reset-hard-reset-problem-help.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I cant access my router I need to change the passwords on it witch I redid with my internet provider company So no shared internet within the house The thing is no reset button on the router I was away days and later router - reset How the to reset button no today I found out that my brother had changed something with the router previously After that - no access to the router via usual way enter ip in inet client He did talked something that he only changed one thing Something from TCP IP option to Router option Dont know under what catacory or so I see options reset router somehow or contact it another way than regulary and duo to How to reset the router - no reset button the brother changes There is just one button on the router btw on off But that dosnt seem the completely reset it The router itself is a Chronos Broadband Router cant say anything more specific about it No mark or so Only - support NAT for IP sharing and -port Mbs Base-T Fast Ethernet Switch If that problem rings any bells to someone and knows how to reset it or access it please post Help much appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

hi,i wanted to know if hard reset and factory reset are the same things?my laptop won't turn on and i found out that i can hard reset that, but i do not want any of my data on hard disk to be erased. is it possible?(i've shut it down before so there is no data on RAM)thanks in advance.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:are hard reset and factory reset the same thing?

Hi, No, factory reset will bring your machine back to facory status (the time opening the box) byt hard reset won't. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/are-hard-reset-and-factory-reset-the-same-thing/td-p/5676772
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

My laptop can't connect to my router, everyone else can but mine just wont connect. It has connected to the internet through the router a couple of times but it will only last for a minute or so and then the connection would be lost.

I have a windows XP laptop, my router is a Netgear Wireless-G Router WGR614 v9, and is connected to a modem.

My wireless card detects the connection but it just can't connect to it. When I tried to set up the router using the provided installation CD, it detected said that the modem wasn't being detected.

I appreciate any help I can get on this!

A:Laptop can't connect to wireless router (hard-wired or wireless neither)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cant-connect-to-wireless-router-hard-wired-or-wireless-neither.897535/
Relevancy 49.45%

I was trying to make my sister-in-law s wireless connection secure they ve had wireless set up for awhile unsecured and all seemed to go well until router, laptop problem connect Wireless refuses router - finds to magically it didn t It allowed Wireless router problem - laptop finds router, refuses to connect me to set up a password -WPA Personal it was fine other devices ipod Touch and another laptop connected to the network by putting in the right key HOWEVER the original laptop now wants no part of connecting to this network It finds the network but doesn t even let me get to a stage at which I need to enter the WPA key It automatically says it can t connect and is very useless when I hit quot Diagnose the problem quot I am only marginally less clueless than the people that asked for my help so please don t get too technical on me I have spent hours trying to figure out what the problem is and though I know it s obviously something with the computer s setting I don t know what that is When I go to the Network and Sharing Center rather than being a three-way quot map quot it s two - the computer then the internet There is nothing ie router in between I have no idea how to get that step back in there I have connected the router to the laptop directly and an internet connection does come up so it isn t an ISP issue The wireless does work with the devices mentioned above as well as my own laptop just not the central laptop I understand it may be a TCP IP issue or something like that but I don t know what to look for and even if I did I wouldn t know how to remedy the situation anyway Thanks in advance and I apologise for my complete ignorance I have included the information below if it s of any help The router is a Philips SNB If possible phrase any replies in complete idiot-speak because I have really overextended myself in trying to do this given my inability to be remotely tech-y My husband s family may ex-communicate me after this Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name lewis-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - F- - -A - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e b a f b a b a Pref erred Site-local IPv Address fec b a f b a b a Preferred Temporary IPv Address e b dee b ff e dc Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe a f b a b a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December Lease Expires December Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - D- B-B - - - B- - F-CA DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - B- - F-CA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C F - - D - FA - F C br D B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e e Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BA AEE- - CAC- D C-DD F F br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c a d ff a e aded b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe ff a e aded b Preferred Default Gat... Read more

A:Wireless router problem - laptop finds router, refuses to connect

That IPCONFIG shows a direct connection to a broadband modem. If that's when you're connected to the router, something is amiss.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-problem-laptop-finds-router-refuses-to-connect.888677/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

Is it possible connect one DSL router with RJ45(LAN) output to Wifi ADSL router with RJ11 (telephone) input?

I want to use the wifi only on this adsl router.

a had find also
RJ11 to RJ45 Adapter

Converts RJ11 to RJ45 and Visa versa. Useful for connecting ADSL broadband modems to network switches etc. Uses the middle 4 cores to transmit the data.

Is this adapter work also in other way RJ45 to RJ11?
Enyone tried this?

Thanks for advice.

A:Connect one DSL router with RJ45 output to Wi-Fi ADSL router with RJ11 input?

steveke999 said:

Hello,

Is it possible connect one DSL router with RJ45(LAN) output to Wifi ADSL router with RJ11 (telephone) input?Click to expand...

only if connected in a not obvious manner

I want to use the wifi only on this adsl router.
a had find also
RJ11 to RJ45 Adapter

Converts RJ11 to RJ45 and Visa versa. Useful for connecting ADSL broadband modems to network switches etc. Uses the middle 4 cores to transmit the data.

Is this adapter work also in other way RJ45 to RJ11?Click to expand...

no, that will not work as it is only a 'wire connector' and not a signal converter.

here's how; do not put anything into the RJ11 slot on the ADSL WiFi router.

connect an ethernet cable from a LAN slot on the router connected to the phone line
TO another lan slot on the WiFi router. This will cause the WiFi router to act very much
link a switch. Just be sure the DHCP service (on this device) is disabled and only the primary router has DHCP active.

You will still need to setup the WiFi configuration (but do so ONLY with a wired connection to it).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-one-dsl-router-with-rj45-output-to-wi-fi-adsl-router-with-rj11-input.152806/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi friends ...

I hav bsnl broadband connection in my home.... I connected a tplink wired for browsing...

I also have a belkin wireless router..... I connected those routers.... And only wired communication is possible
and i cant access in wireless connection... Pls help me

i m sttuggling....

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello every one I've been having a long term problem that has basically plagued my computer since I've built it Yet the issue manifests itself in different ways through out the years The issue is At certain seemingly random points my computer screen freezes with no BSOD Computer is still running with Firefox freezing Random, Life. Hard in Second hard and reset required. fans going No error message Sound stops Mouse is not responsive on screen Nothing works Screen is frozen on the last picture A holding down of the power button for a hard reset is the only way to recover Through out the years since I've changed graphics cards and RAM chips in order to try and solve this Random, hard freezing in Firefox and Second Life. Hard reset required. problem I've found that the RAM had no effect on the issue but the graphics cards perhaps did Back in I had constant random freezing at random intervals during the days of the week whilst basically doing any thing An SLI set up of two Geforce s I finally discarded one of the graphics cards to only run one and that seemingly fixed most random freezing issues for some time Though it did happen on some rare occasion that I could not explain How ever In I upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX OC and found that issues immediately arose again I could not activity render videos in Adobe Premiere Elements whilst working on the video editing software with out a hard freeze Basically unable to render videos in real-time whilst working on them any more More issues started occurring later with this same card When watching Youtube videos in Firefox browser Occasionally with increasing frequency watching videos in the browser were causing this problem Then I discovered the option to disable 'hardware acceleration' and the problem hasn't arisen in the browser since Come Using a program known as 'Second Life' that does tend to use a lot of resources When computer resources were being strained too hard this problem did return on a rare occasion when I was running dual clients of this program In this same program known as 'Second Life' had gone through some updates and now for some reason the freezing issue has reared its ugly head in a big way Some times I can't be on this program for even an hour and the hard freeze occurs To fix this issue from that point I've tried updating to the latest graphics drivers No success I've even upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX Ti and again updated to the latest graphics drivers The issue still persists and renders use of them program unusable I am able to play games such as Guild Wars Grand Theft Auto Trove etc with out issue how ever I do not know what is causing the issue in order to know what I need to fix My current setup is ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model X A-UD BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit H... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396853-random-hard-freezing-firefox-second-life-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 48.59%

This is the idea, I have DVR for CCTV and I need to configure it for port forwarding, and since it has only LAN connection it is not possible to connect in pocket wifi, so i used to have a wireless router since it has a LAN connection. But I do not know how to do this connection as the wireless router to be a bridge in my pocket wifi to DVR, Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

A:How to connect pocket wifi to wireless router, to connect the dvr for cctv?

I'm not at all sure I understand. Are you trying to use the wireless router as a Wireless Bridge (to connect to the pocket wifi via wireless and the DVR via ethernet)? If so, does the router have wireless bridge (or AP Client) mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-pocket-wifi-to-wireless-router-to-connect-the-dvr-for-cctv.1140640/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a lenovo u running windows a couple of days ago it seemed my computer was infected with something giving a series of security warnings I had not seen before not av security suite It slowed the computer down for a few minutes After closing these messages there seemed the to infection, possible connect connect does can but internet router/wireless not to now network, to be no problem but then my computer was no longer connect to the internet It connects to our router wireless network but not to the internet I tried resetting and unplugging the router and the modem but still no luck We have two other computers possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet on the same network that are connecting to both the network and the internet I tried running rkill and malwarebytes twice and no malicious items were detected I restored the computer to an possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet earlier point - days earlier On the toolbar in the bottom right of the taskbar it possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet shows a white signal bars with a quot quot inside a yellow triangle If I click on the network button it states it is quot connected quot to the network It describes the connection as quot excellent quot - bars Above the display of the available networks it states quot currently connected to Unidentified network No Internet access quot I am not computer savvy and have not run into this problem before Thanks for your time and help

A:possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwarePlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for trac... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396665/possible-infection-now-can-connect-to-routerwireless-network-but-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 48.59%

My small home network is connected to a Z100G Zone Alarm router via wires. This router has WiFi but I do not use it as it is not wireless N capable. I would like to have wireless N to stream movies to a wireless N BluRay player. I would like to keep the Z100G because of the firewall function.

Can I just connect a new wireless N router to the Z100G? If so, would it then be best to connect all the network computers to the new router either via wired or wireless?

Thanks...
Dennis

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I have been racking my brain for ages over this to no avail.

I am a professional designer with a digital press (canon imagePress C1)
What i want to do is connect the printer to a router and then some how connect that router to the main router where the internet comes in Wirelessly.

I cant plug a computer into the printer. The computers are upstairs and the printer is downstairs. There is also no way of connecting the printer to the main router(A)

My general basic idea is connect the printer to a router(B) via small ethernet cable.

Then me being optimistic Router(B) wirelessly sees router(A) so then I can print to it wirelessly from upstairs.

I hope this makes sense?!?!?!?

Thanks
Joe

A:Connect Printer to wireless router (then to main router)

Hello,

After doing some serach on google finally found this. Hope it will help you.

Router Setup Guide

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-printer-to-wireless-router-then-to-main-router.141254/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey all I m trying Router to Solved: Connect Router Wired Wireless to connect my wireless router to my wired router Ideally I want the following internet-- gt A -- gt PCs B -- gt itouch ps laptops A Gnet External ADSL modem with -port switch bb note this is a modem wired router Solved: Connect Wireless Router to Wired Router B Trendnet Wireless router tew- gr All PCs have internet so i m sure my wired Solved: Connect Wireless Router to Wired Router router is working properly Using an ethernet cable I ve connected a Lan port in my Wireless router to a Lan port in my Wired router My itouch ps and laptops can connect to my wireless but I m not getting any internet I ve also been able to access my wireless settings and change a couple of things From what I ve read online In B I need to turn off the LAN DHCP and change my LAN IP Address I ve tried a couple of things but it still isn t working Also what should I set my WAN settings to in my wireless router Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Connect Wireless Router to Wired Router

Nvm fixed it somehow...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connect-wireless-router-to-wired-router.901674/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I own two routers - D-Link DSL- another connect (via Router a Solved: modem) as router Internet used to cannot ADSL not wireless and D-Link DIR- wireless The set-up used to be like this - Internet ADSL cable pluged Solved: Router cannot connect to Internet (via another router used as a modem) in Solved: Router cannot connect to Internet (via another router used as a modem) DSL- router - PC connected to DSL- via Ethernet port - DIR- connected to DSL- Ethernet port to Internet port - DSL- works as a modem - Laptop wirelessly connected to DIR- Everything has worked note it wasn t me who set this up Unfortunatelly I have reseted the DIR- wireless router because of some troubles Now the wireless router doesn t connect to the Internet I can connect either computer via cable with the first router and it works like a dream Computers can also see the DIR- router when connected to it via cable but it does not see the Internet I ve switched the setup on and off several times Cables work Computers work they can see Internet from other sources I guess I need to configure the wireless router in some certain way but I really have no idea how I d be grateful for your help nbsp

A:Solved: Router cannot connect to Internet (via another router used as a modem)

Probably IP Address conflict as both D-Links would usually use 192.168.0.1 for default internal (LAN) IP.

You would need to change the LAN IP address of the DIR-615 to another subnet such as 192.168.2.1 for a modem LAN port to router WAN (Internet) port connection unless the DIR-615 can be set as an access point. Will need to check the User Manual to see. Will pull up a PDF and check.

Another option would be to set up using the following method by John Will.
Connecting two soho routers in a network
Tutorial from Johnwill from the Networking Forum

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

Hopefully one of these will lead you in the right direction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-router-cannot-connect-to-internet-via-another-router-used-as-a-modem.1082208/
Relevancy 48.59%

First I would like to say hello to everyone in the community as this is my first post. I would like to set up Linksys wireless router(wrt160n) with a Dlink wired router(DLR-604),The wireless would be the host router and I would like to isolate the wired router from that network,to protect my main computer's(2computer's plus network printer) from from my children s and friend's machines I connect to the wireless or wired ports on the Linksys.Thanks in advance, any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated .Cheers

A:Solved: Connect wireless router and wired router

This should be pretty easy. Just connect the D-Link router's WAN port to one of the Linksys router's LAN ports. The computers connected to the D-Link router will be isolated from the Linksys connected computers by the D-Link router's NAT firewall.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connect-wireless-router-and-wired-router.912641/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi there, I'm having a bit of an issue with one of my computers. It's fairly new, running on Windows Vista.

I am able to connect to a wireless router (Belkin), but I am not able to connect to the internet on this one particular computer. Another desktop computer on the network is able to access the internet. I just get the error "Internet Explorer cannot display the page" on the laptop whenever I attempt to open IE.
I've read through quite a few similar problems on other sites, but have yielded no solution. Any suggestions?

A:Able to connect to wireless router, but unable to connect to the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/able-to-connect-to-wireless-router-but-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet.971764/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I just got my Netgear router WGR614 v6. I was able to initally access http://192.168.0.1 to finish setup. Setup was successful but then whenever I started my IE, intead of loading my homepage, it will only load the Netgear login page while displaying my default homepage's address. But it has no problem connection to any other website.

So I restarted my laptop and reset my modem and router. After that,
I can no longer connect to http://192.168.0.1. The IE only displays this Dell page: http://www.google.com/hws/dell-usuk-rel/afe?hl=en&channel=us&s=http://192.168.0.1/
stating "Sorry, we couldn't find http://192.168.0.1/. "

I'd like to know How can I connect to http://192.168.0.1/ again because as soon as I unplug the cable from my router to the laptop, I lose internet connection.

Please help. Thanks much in advance!

A:Netgear router: Can connect to Internet, but can't connect to http://192.168.0.1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-can-connect-to-internet-but-cant-connect-to-http-192-168-0-1.608785/
Relevancy 48.16%

Bit of an odd problem here hoping someone could offer solutions until I have access to the connect to but to Can't router.. other networks..? wireless connect Solved: can router settings So I just moved into the rd floor of a house here in Boston I have a desktop and so I have always used ethernet cables Unfortunately the router is on the second Solved: Can't connect to wireless router.. but can connect to other networks..? floor of the home here and it s impossible for me to run a cable so I went out and purchased a wireless adapter netgear n The adapter is great not a problem The problem is when scanning for networks I can see his router which is using WEP I connect but it refuses to acquire an ip I can connect to other networks fine just not the one I need The man who lives downstairs won t be home for a few hours so I won t have access to the router until then I have tried to get to the router from my desktop but don t seem to be working so I have no idea what the default ip could be Are there any other possible explanations for why this could be happening Also what should I do in Solved: Can't connect to wireless router.. but can connect to other networks..? the router settings when I get access later on tonight Any help is severely appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Can't connect to wireless router.. but can connect to other networks..?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-to-wireless-router-but-can-connect-to-other-networks.944538/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have just rebuilt a laptop for a friend. I downloaded the latest drivers for the wireless connection from Acer website. They have installed correctly.

I can connect the laptop to the router by wireless and I can browse the local network and see the other PC's BUT the internet is shown as not connected. Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit. Other wireless devices (iPad for instance connect to the internet fine).

I have re-booted the router.

Anyone got any ideas?

A:Solved: Unable to connect to internet but can connect to router.

Same with an ethernet connection?

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following commands:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

ping 8.8.4.4

ping yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-internet-but-can-connect-to-router.1106274/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an Actiontec (Qwest) PK5000 router that for some reason isn't assigning IP addresses. I can't log into it from a wired computer and ssid isn't showing up for wireless. I press and hold the reset button on the backside and nothing happens. I've held it for up to 5 minutes and nothing. Can someone please tell me how to reset this thing?

A:how to reset my router

Have you tried unplugging it -
Wait 3 minutes -
Then plug it back in- then hit the reset button.

If you have a cable modem as first line access - then it goes to the router - unplug the modem 1st - then the router - wait 3 minutes - hit reset .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reset-my-router.898467/
Relevancy 47.73%

I need to reset my Linksys WRK54G quite often. I get a "limited or no connectivity" message on both my wired desktop & wireless laptop. I unplug & replug my router & then it's fine for a while. The cable modem is a Motorola SBV5120.
I'm on Optonline on Long Island.

A:Need to reset router very often

Connect directly to the modem to test and determine that the problem is really with the router and not with the modem or ISP.

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the router; then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-reset-router-very-often.966473/
Relevancy 47.73%

Why is it necessary sometimes to reset one's network? Be it at the router, gateway, switch, etc... level...What is inside these things that makes them so unreliable. Why doesn't some company make a router that automatically renews and refreshes its own Internet, application and transport information??

Relevancy 47.73%

My wife reset the router (dlink dir-615),and we don't have the password. We tried to google the password for admin and found it but we still can't use the Internet . It keeps coming up with a dns settings error. Can someone please help me step by step how to reset my router to configuring my computer. If Any of this is illegal I apologiZe I don't know anything about my computer and neither does my wife. Thanks

Relevancy 47.73%

If I reset my router will it reset the internet username and password too, or just the ip, router password and username? I have a motorola SBG680 router.

A:Router reset

It will reset everything. But since it's a cable modem it doesn't use a username/password for the internet connection so that doesn't exist to be reset. The modem will stay authorized after a reset and reconnect automatically.

Also, I assume you mean an SBG6580 as SBG680 is not a valid model number,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-reset.1131393/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router that seemed to reset itself.

Is this possible? Or did someone hack my router to reset it?

It's just my wife and I and I know she didn't do it.

I couldn't remember my dang password and for the heck of it typed 'admin' and holy cow, everything appeared like it was when I first installed it. Really weird.

Thanks.

A:Router reset it's self - Is this possible??

Yes, it is possible for the router to RESET itself. I have seen a few times before in the past.

I would think that if someone took the time to hack into you router, they'd take the time to change the default admin password and lock you out of your own router. I know I would if I did it. Not that I would, but if I put that much effort into, then I might as well take the extra 1 minute to do the rest too.

They can at times reset themselves for no apparent reason. Just make sure you secure it again (default admin change) and make sure you setup wireless security again too.

Thanks!

Shane

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-reset-its-self-is-this-possible.715348/
Relevancy 47.73%

how do i reset my router so that i can see if that will work for me hooking both of my computers up is there a way to take it back to the factory settings for it?

A:how to reset my router

Many routers have a reset switch behind a small hole on the rear panel. The exact location and how long it needs to be pressed depends on the brand and model number.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reset-my-router.940142/
Relevancy 47.73%

I lose my wireless internet connection sporadicaly and have to reset my router. I ahve a cable modem and it is not a problem with that. All lights stay active on teh router, just loses connection.
No sign in and user name is required with Comcast. Is router going bad??
I ahve a Lynksys

A:router reset

Unplug the router completley, and leave it like that for a good 2 hours, more if you can wait. I normally unplug it before I go to bed and in the mornining plug it back in. This SHOULD give you a new I.P., if not, call your Internet Provider and ask them if you can get a new I.P. Also, i don't think your router is going bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-reset.530834/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

How do you reset the router(Linksys BEFSR41)? We found the reset button, what is the next step? We need this so our computer will get the internet connected. Please advise! Thanks!

yi

A:reset on the router

With it powered on,use a straightened paperclip
or something similar to press the reset
for 20 seconds and release.
Wait for it to reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reset-on-the-router.750529/
Relevancy 47.73%

hi
i would like to know how i can reset my lucent ( cell 20a-gx) router ip
as there ae no reset switch on the unit and i have forgot the old ip
kindly help me out in this regard as i m just a normal computer user and not a professional.

A:how to reset router ip

if you are already connected to it, go to start > run > type cmd and press enter. Then type ipconfig and press enter. The default gateway listed should be your router's ip address.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reset-router-ip.654651/
Relevancy 47.73%

Recently I bought a TP-Link WR841N router and, unaware of what it needed, there had to be an ethernet cable coming from the main router (BT Homehub 3) for it to work. Is there any way I can connect these two wirelessly? I don't mind whatever way I connect it to my PC.

A:Connect router wirelessly to main router

Why do you need the additional TP-Link router - is the BT hub not a combined N modem/ router ? A bit more detail of your setup would help understand what you're trying to achieve...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/322124-connect-router-wirelessly-main-router.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Please forgive me if this isn t the right area of the forum I should ask this I m not really tech savvy when it comes to router stuff so I m Fios Can Connect old with my modem/router? my router new I with also going to explain this as best as I can so sorry Can I Connect my old router with with my new Fios modem/router? if I m not as thorough as I possibly can be I just got Verizon Fios and I m wondering if I can connect it to my old router Basically I m trying to do this because my office is at one area in the house where the Fios modem is and on the other side is my media PC and game consoles Now I have enough cable to go from point A to point B but it s only one cable and I have several things I d like to hook up Hopefully someone here can help me because I don t want to go buy a ton of ethernet cord and I m not looking to spend any more money buying a wireless bridge My old router is a D-Link WBR- Thanks nbsp

A:Can I Connect my old router with with my new Fios modem/router?

I disabled DHCP in my d-link router and I'm now able to connect to the internet on my PC. I plugged a cable that was in a LAN port on my fios modem/router into a LAN port on my D-Link router then plugged my PC into the D-Link modem.

My only problem is that when I plug in my Xbox 360, It won't connect(It will though if I just plug it right into my Fios modem/router).

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-connect-my-old-router-with-with-my-new-fios-modem-router.119296/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

Network Description:
5 computers are connected to Linksys router (192.168.1.1).
the Linksys router is connected to the internet.

NetGear router is connected to the Linksys router (192.168.0.1).
2 computers are connected to NetGear router.
These 2 computers are able to surf the Internet but I can't see the other computers in network through them...

How should I configure the NetGear router to be able to see the other computers in the network

BTW: all the computers configured to WORKGROUP

Thanks

A:Connect router to router and be able to see all the computers in network

There`s a good page HERE which almost certainly has the solution somewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-router-to-router-and-be-able-to-see-all-the-computers-in-network.54161/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a wireless network, through LinkSys an access point and switch.
The access point acts like the router, I have to laptops which need to connect to the internet, they can see the intranet, but when I ping the router the host is unreachable. The ip's are static, and have been setup manually. I can't understand how they can reach the local network but not the external. Any advice?

A:Wireless, can't connect to router but can connect to intranet?

what are the numbers in nics
most routers default
192.168.1.1 gateway lan

they can see the intranetClick to expand...

whats that mean
see ??
try run cmd ipconfig /all
what are the numbers here
then do a ping in cmd like ping www.m7l.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-cant-connect-to-router-but-can-connect-to-intranet.42567/
Relevancy 47.3%

I feel bad for starting a new thread on the subject but I looked through a bunch of the other wireless to :( connect router internet Can cannot BUT to connect threads and I couldn't find a solution I am on a Dell Laptop Latitude D And I'm running Windows XP Can connect to wireless router BUT cannot connect to internet :( Ver Service Can connect to wireless router BUT cannot connect to internet :( Pack My ISP is Speedlink Cable We are using an SMC modem router SMC WN My roommate can connect to wirelessly and I can connect with a hard wire connection I also can connect to the router full speed but I get limited or no connectivity to the internet I connect to the wireless via a 'NETGEAR WG v Mbps Wireless USB Adapter' using the NETGEAR SMART WIZARD - Wireless Assistant WG v When I run IPCONFIG ALL the output is Windows IP Configuration Host Name GOAT Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Gigabit Integrated Controller Physical Address - D- -DC- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday August AM Lease Expires Monday August AM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NETGEAR WG v Mbps Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - F- - - D- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway So I will be extremely grateful for any help towards solving this problem Thanks Sean

A:Can connect to wireless router BUT cannot connect to internet :(

Try putting static IP addresses in to your wireless network connection.
By the looks of it it seems your wireless connection cannot get an IP address automatically via DHCP.

Let me know if this works or you need help doing this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-connect-to-wireless-router-but-cannot-connect-to-internet-504408.html
Relevancy 47.3%

For reasons that are slowly pushing me over the edge of insanity I have to reset this dumb router I press the stupid little button on the back of it the lights Cannot reset Dlink 615 router go out one amber one comes on etc etc but when I go to everything is still the same Like the passwords are still there and nothing has changed I thought Cannot reset Dlink 615 router resetting it was supposed to wipe all that stuff out so you could start from scratch Also pulled the power cord in and out a zillion times but no way it will reset As an aside I am having no end of problems Cannot reset Dlink 615 router getting my iPads and iPhones to connect to the wireless network The quot Network Discovery quot button will not stay checked and though I have done all the Googling and been into Services to start things running no way it is going to work But I digress how do I get this fool of a router to reset properly Thanks all nbsp

A:Cannot reset Dlink 615 router

Generally, for a full reset, you need to hold the button for a good minute at least.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-reset-dlink-615-router.1062914/
Relevancy 47.3%

To make a long story short, I changed my network's name thinking it wouldn't do any harm, but when I did that I lost connection, and when I tried logging back to the new name with my old network password, it wouldn't let me, or it said Limited Connectivity. So now I'm trying to reset my router, and I have all the right instructions from this page but I can't get past the 2nd step which says go to 192.168.1.1, because my browser says I'm not connected to the internet.

Please help or reply ASAP, thank you.

A:Trying to reset my router but can't access 192.168.1.1

1st try a sys restore

192.168.1.1 should bring up the router sign in page

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/269269-trying-reset-my-router-but-cant-access-192-168-1-1-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello
I have a Linksys WRT54G and I have a problem. I like to plug out my main power cabel from the power outlet when I go to bed and when I turn it back on in the morning and switch my computer on I need to reset my router so it can work (otherwise the internet icon has a yellow exclamation mark)
(also my router is connected to my computer via cabel)
I don't think that is normal. Why does the router stop working after losing power?
(it doesn't lose its settings but I need to reset it to fix it)
How can I fix this?
Thanks.

A:Router needs reset after power is off.

Quote: Originally Posted by headbuster

Hello
I have a Linksys WRT54G and I have a problem. I like to plug out my main power cabel from the power outlet when I go to bed and when I turn it back on in the morning and switch my computer on I need to reset my router so it can work (otherwise the internet icon has a yellow exclamation mark)
(also my router is connected to my computer via cabel)
I don't think that is normal. Why does the router stop working after losing power?
(it doesn't lose its settings but I need to reset it to fix it)
How can I fix this?
Thanks.

No Headbuster it is not normal, Most of the routers that I deal with do keep their settings when the power is removed and restored.

What might be happening is that the router has not completed it's startup routines and connecting to your ISP before your computer keeps asking for an IP.

I recommend that you plug in the router a few minutes before you turn your computer on and see if then your pc picks up an ip properly.

What you might be experiencing is hurrying the router when it is not ready.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172804-router-needs-reset-after-power-off.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Cisco Valet, model # M10. It does not put out a wireless signal and will not allow me to reset it. I have turned it off several times for periods of 30 seconds to 15 minutes. When I plug in directly to the modem I receive internet but have no clue how to get this router working again. I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Windows Vista.

A:Cannot access/reset router

Hi valleygirl123, and welcome to TSG.

Before resetting the router, have you tried logging into it through a wired connection? Has the wireless ever worked on it?
Is there a small, recessed button next to the router's power jack? while the router is powered up, pushing that button for about 10 seconds using a small blunt object, like a straightened out paperclip, will reset the router to factory default settings. CAUTION: THIS WILL WIPE OUT ALL SETTINGS, USER NAMES, AND PASSWORDS CHANGED BY THE USER AND WILL NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL HAVE A WORKING WIRED OR WIRELESS CONNECTION TO THE MODEM OR THE INTERNET.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-reset-router.1092267/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok here's a strange one for you.

At my mother-in-laws to be, she has a PC and her work laptop.

Her PC connects wirelessly no problems, my laptop will connect wired or wirelessly no problems.

Her work laptop (Dell Inspiron 2600) if you connect it either via the wired card (3com 3c905b) or the wireless card (Linksys WPC55AG) when it tries to pick up an IP address it causes the router to reset itself.

Dont think it can be the router as the other machines work fine, but for some reason the Dell laptop has some serious issues.

Have re-installed all drivers and no joy at all.

Any ideas?

A:DHCP Causes router reset

Just an update, if I connect it wirelessly or wired and set a static IP it works no problems.

most bizarre

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dhcp-causes-router-reset.755999/
Relevancy 47.3%

often when i "Switch User" in XP and log back in later, the internet stops working. So then i have to reset my router using the on/off button - and the internet will suddenly work again.

This setup has worked fine for a few years, but only recently ive been getting this problem. Any ideas why this might be happening?

My router is an Origo ASR-8400 (non-wireless)

A:Keep having to reset router for internet

Try a new router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keep-having-to-reset-router-for-internet.102616/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am using XP SP 3 and have happily used a Netgear router DG834v3 for a couple of years. Been seduced to change ISP to TalkTalk. The router now will not connect. Just spent a fortune with the geeksquad saying they do not support that router and garbled instuctions ending with "phone Netgear". Should I just throw it out the window or is there a sane way of sorting my problem?

Relevancy 47.3%

I have Earthlink DSL My router is model no Linksys WRT54G2 V1.2. It works fine during the day. But every morning I have to take the plug out and wait a minute and plug it back in to get it to work.

How do I fix this? I'm in my bedroom and I have to come outside to my living-room to do this and its a real pain.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hey there Getting nervous because some strange things are happening I have been getting random disconnects from the internet It will connect again if I pull the power from the router and then plug back in On two of our pcs a random pdf popped up that nobody would have opened before Then tonight internet was running fine until I tried random pdf ups, router pop reset to browse on my pc the one with pdf pop up random pdf pop ups, router reset Disconnect happened again Tried the usual trick but wouldn random pdf pop ups, router reset t reconnect Windows wasn t even seeing it as a active wireless I went to router web page and I couldn t log in with my password I then tried the default password and it worked Went through the settings and the router had no security Looked like it was reset to factory defaults no one other then me would know how to do this I went through the whole process new password to enter new password to connect new SSID name etc It was then that I realized the PCs were finding the network just the unsecured one When the pdf should up on the pcs I ran MBAM quick scan on one and GMER and ESET on the other and the results were clean I am terrified that someone has access to our computers I won t even let family get on internet boy they are not happy I have disabled internet on all but one pc which I am hard-wired I don t know if that is any safer Please advise and TIA

A:random pdf pop ups, router reset

Hello, the best way to be certain is to repost this with the logs below.Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6-9.Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9 which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.If GMER won't run (it may not on a 64 bit system) skip it and move on.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465515/random-pdf-pop-ups-router-reset/
Relevancy 47.3%

My friend ha a linksys Wireless Broadband router (WRT54G) It is password protected and my friend did not write it down. How can I over-ride or reset the password on this router? She wants to do this because it is preventing her Nook from accessing the internet.
Thanks,
clawmeister

A:reset linksys router

Try the reset button. Hold it for 30-60 seconds.

I would highly recommend that DD-WRT firmware.

(That's a classic router, with a lot of free memory. I have a Linux OS installed to mine. )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reset-linksys-router.1034952/
Relevancy 47.3%

A couple days ago I figured out the neighbors were jacking my wireless so I put a password on it.
Ever since then, one of my laptops will not connect every morning and I have to go and turn the power off and then on on the router and modem. Other people in my house don't have this problem so it is with my laptop, which is the only one with vista. I try to reset, reboot, etc on this vista laptop, but it will not get internet access until I reset the router and modem. What kind of software glitch might make this happen? This seems to happen every 24 hours.

Much thanks

Relevancy 47.3%

I have windows xp on both my desktop and laptop Last night I reset my Dlink wbr router because I could not remember the password for router work! it now reset and won't my I someone to I reset my router and now it won't work! be able to use my wireless network Ever since then I have not been able to use my router I am on my desktop now plugged directly into the modem not using the router which I also need for my laptop I think part of the problem is that my internet IP address and my router ip address are different I went into the setup for the router which I can sometimes get to and sometimes cannot and tried to change it but am still having issues When everything is plugged up hooked up correctly most of the lights on the router are still blinking which from what I can tell from the manual means that it is still transmitting It did this all night last night and still no connection Please help nbsp

A:I reset my router and now it won't work!

Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on. The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-reset-my-router-and-now-it-wont-work.795935/
Relevancy 47.3%

I got a wireless USB port for my computer today, and for some reason i thought it wanted me to press the listtle reset button on my d-link wireless N router. Now it's lost all it's settings and I can't connect to the internet with it. I also lost the CD that would re-install the router because my family moved away, and I stayed back to go to college. Is there any way I could fix this badboy, without having to buy a new one?

A:Wireless Router Reset Help

Okay so some parts of the cities internet is down.. not sure how I'm still connected through someone elses connection, but it's working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-reset-help.742591/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a desktop system running Windows Vista that is wired to a dlink wireless router WBR The DSL modem is connected to the router and the network has been running just fine for my wireless must reset be router often dlink too laptop ipod touch and wireless blueray DVD player When I upgraded the modem to Actiontec M in advance of a DSL speed upgrade the problems began After lengthy tech support calls to Qwest and Dlink and dlink router must be reset too often updating the firmware of the router I dlink router must be reset too often am connected to dlink router must be reset too often the Internet at fairly consistent speeds on the desktop However the network signal is very inconsistent for the wireless devices Sometimes they can t find the network at all until I reset the router it doesn t seem to matter whether I use the reset button unplug and replug or go to the admin Settings page and save the settings again Sometimes they find the network but can t connect to the internet until a reset Sometimes they connect and everything works better than ever For a while - then it goes funky again The most noticeable problem is with the laptop but I suspect that is just because it has more ways to monitor what is happening with the signal I am at a loss as to what to try Should I get rid of all of the network settings and start over I m not quite sure how to do that Any suggestions will be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

the router reset button changes your ip but does leaving your router off for 30 sec do the same

A:router reset button

Your IP address is assigned to you by your ISP dynamically (unless you have a static address, in which case that information will be stored in your router). Dynamic addresses are not stored in your router. It is quite possible that even though you have a dynamic IP that you appear to have a static one. It just depends on how your ISP allocates its IPs.

The router reset button is usually used when your router gets itself into a state that even a power cycle cannot recover from. It resets all of the router settings to the default factory state. You will need to re-enter all information that was previously stored in order to be able to access the Internet. Check with your ISP for the settings to use, and the router manual for details on how to enter it. Most routers allow you to store all settings and save the data to a file which you can place on a USB stick or other storage and from which you can quickly restore if you need to. I strongly recommend that you create such a file, if you haven't already done so. Again, see the router manual for details.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/108463-router-reset-button.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there,
I am wondering if anyone can help, i recently locked the router with a password and do not remember it. If i use the manual reset button on the router will that reset it for me? Will it also change all of the settings that were previously done?

HELP PLEASE???????

Relevancy 46.87%

Hope this isn't confusing but, my internet provider (my cable company) came in to set up a wireless modem/router when we upped our internet speed today. We have three desktop computers which are hard wired to our existing Linksys router which we have been using previously. Would it be in our best interest to turn off the wireless function of that router (it's hooked up to the new modem/wireless router so the hardwired computers can function since the new unit has no ports to plug in the desktop computers into). Our wireless devices are all 'connected' to the new modem/router (using its passphrase and SSID). Can the wireless capabilities of each interfere with each other? They are sitting right next to each other.

A:Solved: Internet provider wireless modem/router and my hard wired router

It's confusing to me, but can make two comments ...

a. If you are not using the wireless network of a router it's best to disable or turn off the wireless--saves electricity and should extend the life of the router.

b. Two wireless networks whose channel numbers are less than five from each other can interfere. In North America if possible use channels 1, 6 and 11 to guarantee non interference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-provider-wireless-modem-router-and-my-hard-wired-router.1122336/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I have a rather important issue at hand I did a stupid thing and reset my router since I was trying to open a port and then default password wasn t working anymore Now that I have reset it though Reset internet my cannot I access router - now I find myself unable to surf on the internet anymore Reset my router - now I cannot access internet I can connect to the signal just fine but although I am connected I can only access the admin setup page My guess is that I somehow have to validate something before on that page before I can surf again but I have no clue what It might sound like a rather dumb thing Reset my router - now I cannot access internet to say but I just moved to Germany and hence am not familiar with the language as much as I would be back home and am totally lost Any help would be gladly appreciated Thanks a lot for your time and attention I am running XP SP and my modem is a Zyxel P HWT C nbsp

A:Reset my router - now I cannot access internet

if your on ADSL you probably need to enter your username and password into the router
or fixed IP - enter the IP addres

make and model of your router / and modem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reset-my-router-now-i-cannot-access-internet.554055/
Relevancy 46.87%

hi, i was wondering if anyone knew how to reset an internal wireless router, rather than an external. i've found how to reset an external one by using a paper clip or something and pushing the button for a few seconds, but how can i reset an internal router??

A:how to reset INTERNAL wireless router

Make/model of your router would have been nice; however, I would presume that you would reset it by simply logging onto your router web-interface. Just type: 192.168.1.1 into the IE Address bar. If you don't know the username/password, then visit: http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm and look for your router. Just look at port forwarding, however only the start of the topic will be relevant to you, as it discusses how to log-in. Once you've logged in, just browse the site for a 'reset' or 'reset to default settings' option. That would be my best guess. Good luck :/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reset-internal-wireless-router.359043/
Relevancy 46.87%

I turn off my router everytime I leave the house or go to sleep for fire safety. Everytime I bootup my router, I am forced to reset it using the reset button on the back. Then I have to reconfigure everything. I have a Wireless G WRT54G V1 with the latest firmware. I know I know, I need to get a newer router. Thanks.

A:Reset router every time I boot it up.

A router isn't much of a fire hazard (5 V at 2 amps?).
These routers have a "Save config" feature you could use of you insist on doing this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reset-router-every-time-i-boot-it-up.726070/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an adsl connection using TP-link 8840t (adsl model + wired router). I have a cisco wrt310n v2 wireless router connected to the tp-link on 192.168.2.1 (tp link is on 192.168.1.1). I notice that whenever someone uses the wifi network for a few hours, the cisco router needs to be rebooted, otherwise the whole network, including computers connected to the tp-link, will slow down. The effect of the slow down causes accessing certain websites, such as this one, to timeout. The cisco router is already using the latest firmware. Curious if there are some settings I have missed?

A:cisco wireless router need to reset every other day

can you connect all the wired devices to just the cisco and see how that performs

perhaps change the TP link to bridge mode - so it acts just as a modem

how have you connected the two routers
is it like this ?

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Connecting_two_SOHO_broadband_routers_together

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cisco-wireless-router-need-to-reset-every-other-day.1122203/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey reset won't Solved: Router unless broadcast all My router has been having major problems lately Well for a while now Before it would make all my machines PC Laptops disconnect from the internet briefly and reconnect This doesn t impact browsing video watching etc It wouldn t even say I was disconnected However I know it was disconnecting because programs like AIM MSN and multiple video games would say I lost connection For example MSN would disconnect and take me out of any conversations and reconnect a Solved: Router won't broadcast unless reset second later Friends tell me that I keep going offline and then online I read somewhere I should change my channel so I did and still got the same problem Furthermore my router pc are literally right next to each other Then I read elsewhere I should do a factory reset on my Solved: Router won't broadcast unless reset router by holding the reset button for a while So I did and it reset It started broadcasting as an unsecured network so I was going to secure it I used these directions from here Log in via http default quot username Admin and no pass quot Go to setup tab ---- gt internet ---- gt internet connection wizard CHANGE PASSWORD click next chose time zone you know where you are Configure your Internet Connection DHCP Connection Dynamic IP Address Choose this if your Internet connection automatically provides you with an IP Address Most Cable Modems use this type of connection press quot clone your computer s MAC address quot hostname your computer name in ubuntu mine is quot grobar quot yours is Go to setup tab ---- gt wireless settings ---- gt Wireless Network Setup Wizard after this we re gonna do manual settings give your network a name SSID e g grobar Automatically assign a network key Recommended and chose WAP or WAP Write down the network key Or do printscr and save this page Right here you re pretty much set but please do step as well Go to setup tab ---- gt wireless settings ---- gt Manual Wireless Network Setup Wireless Network Settings Enable Wireless ALWAYS Wireless Network Name Also called the SSID the name you gave in Mode chose quot mixed n g and b quot Enable Auto Channel Scan YES Wireless Channel AUTO Transmission Rate BEST Mbit s Channel Width AUTO MHz Visibility Status Invisible so that no outsiders know your SSID except you Click to expand So after I finish the Internet Connection Wizard Setting up Password etc the http page asks me to click quot Connect quot so it can reboot the router with the settings When I do so the router turns off with the power icon being orange After about seconds or so the broadcasting icon power icon and PC icon all turn green However there is a globe icon on it as well and that is ORANGE Regardless of power cycling redoing the process etc it stays orange None of my machines can connect to it The only way I can connect again to the router is if I do a reset again By holding the reset button But then I am unsecured and live in an apartment I would like to add that the above process is the one I did previously and it worked fine But then I had to reset the router and a similar problem occurred but I managed to fix it somehow and the first problem I talked about started happening Reconnecting and disconnecting Furthermore when I go to quot Connect to a Network quot one of the old SSIDs I created for the router is still there regardless of the router status Offline Not connected etc I am typing this by connecting my PC directly to my modem Router Information D-Link DIR- N nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

My wife threw away the password for the wireless router. I am able to access the admin by typing into internet exployer 192.168.1.1, but then it asks me for my password & doesn't let me do anything else. Help???

A:How to reset wireless router's password

Did you change the password or is it set to the default
post make and model - and th emanual will tell you the default settings

otherwise you should be able to reset to factory conditions - a button on the back you need to hold in for 10secs BUT you will need to set it all up again , and if on ADSL you will need your ISP username and password

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reset-wireless-routers-password.721642/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am constantly needing to reset the network adpater in order to connect to my router/internet. This is one of those niggly problems that occurs quite often but not always...

I have checked driver updates and all OK. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Adapter: Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection
Router: Netgear N Series (had the same problem with Belkin 54g)

A:network connection to router needs reset

Same problem occurred again. This time it took 3 attempts to 'reset the adapter' and 'get new IP address' after right-clicking diagnose and repair. Really puzzled.... Does anyone have any ideas?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/279677-network-connection-router-needs-reset.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Lynksis WRT54GS Ver. 6 router. I tried to log in 198.162.1.1, pop up asks for user name and password. Nothing works! I've reset the router and the same thing happens. I know it reset because I now have an unsecured network. I've tried resetting again, again and again, but nothing happens.

I then changed to a older Trendnet router I had but the same thing happens, even after resetting it, it asks for the password but won't accept the default passwords shown in the manual. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 46.87%

Like the title says, I recently reset my wireless router and no matter what I do I can't get my computer to connect to it. My computer will connect to it wirelessly, but the internet wont work. I've got the modem connected to the router, the router connected to my computer, but no matter what I do, my computer wont connect to it via the 192.168.1.1 IP address. The router is a Linksys WRT54G2.

A:Recently reset wireless router

You need to connect via a wired connection in order to configure it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recently-reset-wireless-router.606172/
Relevancy 46.87%

Is there a way to reset the password on my router? My roommate set it up and forgot the password months ago, and we haven't been able to get into the router and change settings since. We have a D-Link 604 router.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Reset password for router

Do a total reset on the router. No other way whihc means all of your configuration settings will also be lost.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-reset-password-for-router.606163/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all I live at university and the other day the webmaster had to reset the hub that controlled my building block s internet Mine and most of my neighbour s internet stopped working temporarily and all but mine worked router reset Ikasu after working hub not again after a short while After some testing I found Ikasu router not working after hub reset that my internet worked if I plugged my computer directly into the ethernet socket in the wall Ikasu router not working after hub reset but not if I connected to the internet wirelessly or wired through the router I tried a factory reset on my router and changing the WLAN name ssid with no luck The strange thing is that my friend with the exact same router with me who also was affected by the hub reset has had no problems with his router The above may indicate that my computer has a problem however when I plug my xbox into the router it cannot connect to the internet either The router has been working fine with my computer and xbox for at least months I am running windows amp Avast anti virus Thanks for your time and in advance for your help Max p s might be worth mentioning that my friend wasnt actually using his router at the time of the reset his computer was plugged directly into the wall and the router was off and unplugged nbsp

A:Ikasu router not working after hub reset

They're probably using MAC address filtering to ensure only one physical machine in connected per outlet.

Circumventing this may defy the terms of service. Ask the network administrator for details about the specific rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ikasu-router-not-working-after-hub-reset.928895/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi guys
my boss gave me two routers a while back and when i got home i tried to set them up but they still have the old settings from the internet at work,so how do i reset them to factory settings?they are both netgear dgn2000.

so i also have five laptops and xerox work centre 7020 printer that i want to connect to the network but i can only print from one pc.

i have the following to set up the network: 25 port netgear switch,two wireless netgear routers,cat5e cables,xerox workcentre 7020 printer and five laptops and i want all of them to communicate on ethernet network

i would very much appreciate any expert advice,i am not a geek

cheers
cheers

A:how to reset router to factory settings

Procedure starts on page 36.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/DGN2000/DGN2000_SM_20May08.pdf

Suggest saving the PDF for future reference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reset-router-to-factory-settings.1093657/
Relevancy 46.87%

Ok, so I recently reset my router. And now that I have changed all of the default settings to at least what I assume they should be at, I cannot get the internet to work. (I am currently using the internet by directly plugging my modem into this particular comp, but I need internet on the others as well)

I remember that I was using a static IP on the old settings, and I'm at least pretty sure that I put the IP settings in correctly, and while the router is connected it SAYS i have an internet connection, but I can't actually browse the internet. Any Idea what I might need to do?

-thanks

Relevancy 46.87%

My hubby set up our wireless router, d-link wbr-1310 but is not able to remember our password. I have read about doing a hard reset but have a feeling I am missing a vital step. Do I need to have the router connected to the laptop somehow in order for me to reset? In order for me to go online with the laptop I will have to plug into the wall, but then my router will not be plugged into the computer any longer... HELP? I must sound like an idiot, but my hubby is in Iraq and not able to be here to help.

A:How do I reset our wireless d-link router

Why do you need to reset the router? Are you having problems?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-reset-our-wireless-d-link-router.923075/
Relevancy 46.87%

HI guys, I reset my router (WBR-T2) a fews days ago and now I cannot connect to internet (although I can connect to the router - local only). Any solutions please? Thanks guys . Oli.

Relevancy 46.44%

Good morning I m just in the process of connecting some new wireless devices iphone wireless printer etc to my internet Forgot Router? (Retail key...Reset Plus) network but I am unable to figure out what our employee last set the password to he kept changing it to Forgot network key...Reset Router? (Retail Plus) be safe and failed to record the new one in our records So now I need to reset the network security key I did a bit of research and discovered most similar situations suggested I reset the router I checked your forums and was unable to find any for my particular router brand apologies if I missed it I just want to make sure I do it right and dont end up locked out of my internet It is vital we keep connected for our pos terminal Is resetting the router the best way to go or if not what else should I do and how Please let me know the best way I should go about doing this Thank you in advance TSG Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled Router info I took out some parts I thought were unwise to post publicly if you need anything else then let me know and I ll add it System Uptime day h m s Firmware Version vs Build Time Tue Mar CST Wireless Configuration Mode AP Band GHz B G N SSID Channel Number Encryption WEP bits BSSID Associated Clients TCP IP Configuration Attain IP Protocol Fixed IP IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server Enabled MAC Address WAN Configuration Attain IP Protocol DHCP IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway MAC Address nbsp

A:Forgot network key...Reset Router? (Retail Plus)

If you still have the router login password,you should
be able to login to the router and check the wireless
security settings.
There should be a checkbox or selection that says
show password so it is not displayed as all stars,
You can also change it on that page.
The encpryption key is for network connections.
The login password is for the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forgot-network-key-reset-router-retail-plus.1039987/
Relevancy 46.44%

i am unable to reset my router back to default username/password setting.ive been able to reset it in the past, but i cant remember what i did.

i have held the reset button down for 90 secs. then i unplugged the router while still holding down the reset button for an additional 90 secs. and finally plugged the power back in again still holding the reset button for an additional 90 secs.

ive tried switching between different web browser. default gateway is 198.162.1.1

tried using cmd prompt. used ipconfig /release. ipconfig /renew. just for the heck of it.

ive also read that this same model and version is giving alot of people trouble as far as resetting it goes.

honestly, im not sure what firmware i have installed. im not sure how to check it... if that may be the issue.

while trying to login to router via firefox, i get the security level 15 message

cant remember my username/password

A:Unable to reset linksys BEFW11S4 ver 4 router

Sounds like your router needs a hard reset, the following has helped me in some cases, but be aware, if these procedures don't work, than your router has gone bye bye, it's junk.

To reset your router to factory defaults, use the following procedure:

1) Power down all computers, the router, and the modem, and unplug them from the wall.
2) Disconnect all wires from the router.
3) Power up the router and allow it to fully boot (1-2 minutes).
4) Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds, then release it, then let the router reset and reboot (2-3 minutes).
5) Power down the router.
6) Connect one computer by wire to port 1 on the router (NOT to the internet port).
7) Power up the router and allow it to fully boot (1-2 minutes).
8) Power up the computer (if the computer has a wireless card, make sure it is off).
9) Try to ping the router. To do this, click the "Start" button > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. A black DOS box will appear. Enter the following: "ping 192.168.1.1" (no quotes), and hit the Enter key. You will see 3 or 4 lines that start either with "Reply from ... " or "Request timed out." If you see "Reply from ...", your computer has found your router.
10) Open your browser and point it to 192.168.1.1. This will take you to your router's login page. Leave the user name blank, and in the password field, enter "admin" (with no quotes). This will take you to your router setup page. Note the version number of your firmware (usually listed near upper right corner of screen). Exit your browser.

If you get this far without problems, try the setup disk (or setup the router manually, if you prefer), and see if you can get your router setup and working.

If you cannot get "Reply from ..." in step 9 above, your router is dead.

If there's some time left on any type or warrenty for this device, I would recommend using it, that is if in fact your router is dead.

Good luck.............hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-reset-linksys-befw11s4-ver-4-router.178724/
Relevancy 46.44%

Ok so last week I got some trouble with my router (d-link)
I reset it to the defaults then went to 192.168.1.1

Got in and put in my username pw and the rest!
Got my internet back and everything was fine!

Next day I wake up and try to access internet. wouldn't load.
Checked my settings, they'd been reset again.
This has happened in a loop every day.

The settings I input only last a day or reset whenever I turn my router off at night.
I've tried inputting the settings in Firefox, as safari doesn't log me in.
I tried Opera too!!

A:My Router appears to reset it's settings daily

No they must be in the router (ie it's not dial-up)

Did you select :"Save settings to router, and restart router" (wording may be different, but about right)

The Router will then Save all your modifications and restart (Actually I think it's "Save All" syntax)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-router-appears-to-reset-its-settings-daily.109426/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello,

I have an Arris Tg862 for my home network, with a single computer attached to it. I wish to reset my wifi's security key for multiple reasons, but I cannot access the router options at 192.168.0.1 because I do not remember the password. After looking online several times, I performed a factory reset on the router, but it seems to no avail, as the wifi still works on my phone and I still cannot use the default password and user on the router. (The factory reset entails holding the reset button pinhole down for ten seconds or so.)

I just want to be able to reset the router to factory settings to access it, but it seems that the reset doesn't work.

My ISP is Time Warner Cable and they are the ones who provided the router.

A:Cannot access router. Factory reset not working.

Have you called your ISP and asked for help in doing it?

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-router-factory-reset-not-working.1159066/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi Hope you can help I had to factory reset my router for security purposes etc and after this Ive had problems with a lost connection when I connect via a wired router philips snb drops after wired connection reset router g If i wire direct from modem to PC vista then the connections stays ok but when i connect via the router i lose connection perhaps after an hour or so - this is resolved if I reboot them all - modem router pc in that order etc - I cant at the moment get one computer to stay on let alone the second wired pc needed also Had this problem before and it was suggested that I updated the firmware which i have already done this Im a bit of a novice wired router drops connection after reset really but can do basic bits etc under guidance - im sure this problem is just a config type fix buty not sure what to change etc and how anyway I hope this might be enough info to start off Tearing my hair out now as ve had this probl for over a week Windows IP Configuration Host Name behemoth Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R DC- Gigabit Network Connec tion Physical Address - D- - - E-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fa d c dd f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c a ca f fef Preferr ed Link-local IPv Address fe f fef Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A - - E - A - A B br BF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:wired router drops connection after reset

If upgrading the firmware and resetting to factory defaults and reconfiguring don't cure this, it may simply be a defective router.

The system work fine connected directly to the modem, but introduce the router and the problem occurs. Diagnosis: The router is the cause.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-router-drops-connection-after-reset.752061/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a used wireless belkin router no cd with it i am using it now however anyone has access as i dont know the previous owners password i was wondering if i set it to default factory setting what it would do its model number isF5D7230-4 and im running windows 7 i tried you tube and they walked me through cmd then ip config then it walked me through login no password and i followed entire vidio several times it does not work thank you all for help

A:reset my belin wireless router so i can add a password

There is a reset button on the bottom of the router.
Quick push and release will reset the modem with no changes to the settings.
To restore factory defaults, hold the reset button down for 10 seconds.

Default IP - 192.168.2.1 Default Password - None, leave blank.

User manuals - http://www.belkin.com/support/article/?lid=en&pid=f5d7230-4&aid=5999&scid=221

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reset-my-belin-wireless-router-so-i-can-add-a-password.1080460/
Relevancy 46.44%

Recently reset a Linksys Router. The only settings I changed were the name of the Router, the password, and the security settings to WPA2. My computer is able to connect to the router and has internet access. However, my cell phone is able to connect to the router/wireless network successfully but the internet is not working. Is their a setting on the router that I need to change to ensure that my cell phone can access the internet?

Thank you for your time.

A:Reset Linksys Router problems connecting

it maybe a DNS issue - what are the phone network settings
IP address
DNS address

can we see an ipconfig /all from the working PC

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reset-linksys-router-problems-connecting.1078600/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a problem - my internet continues stopping by itself.
I am wired through a router which is wired to a modem.
This router is connected to 3 computers, and all computers lose connection simultaneously. It started as a few times a week but not happens every 5-20 minutes.
I tried to buy a new router - but problem persists.
I can not download the new router's software nor install it's software because it does not support win7 (the installation stops working at some point). I use Belkin. Old router was D-Link.
I have googled for days but nothing helped.

I am using Win7, AVG and ZoneAlarm as firewall. (Problem persists with the build-in firewall aswell)

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I got a new ADSL router from my ISP, it's a D-Link 2640U BRU/C.My problem is that i cannot logon to the its web interface with the default username/password of the router to change its settings and i cannot locate its reset button to reset the username and password to the default, the ISP must've disabled it.I called my ISP and the help desk said that they have changed the default username and password before handing it to me,who knows what else, and that they need a good reason to give me the credentials.I just need them to enable port forwarding on the thing but i don't want to involve them in this.
Is there anyway to do it?

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi

I have a Belkin Router, model F5D7230-4 & I have forgotten the password. I was advised to hit the reset button on the back (& hold for 10 seconds) however, once I have done that, the Internet light continues to flash & does not stay bold so i lose internet connection.

I have unplugged the router & rewired but with no joy - can you advise please?

Thanks

Relevancy 46.44%

Now when I try to log in to my router to change everything back at 192.168.1.1 in the browser's address bar, all the default user/pass available/possible won't work (admin/admin, admin/password, etc.)
And each time I type a character into the pass field, it adds an extra * to the field. So if I type ***, it goes: ******.
Contacting my ISP, Verizon via phone/online is useless. They aren't a help at all.
Verizon came and set up everything when we got internet.
I HAVE to change everything back.

A:I accidentally RESET my router (thus clearing the set WEP Key, ESSID, etc.)!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-accidentally-reset-my-router-thus-clearing-the-set-wep-key-essid-etc.732283/