Windows Support Forum

Internet connection issue

Q: Internet connection issue

OK, so I have a stable network connection through my modem at all times and of which is currently hard wired to my desk top. Every hour or so I seem to lose connection to the internet through my pc but the modem still shows a stable signal (online light stays on) I run the trouble shooter for internet and get nothing most times so I end up having to re-boot the pc to get connection back. I'm not the most tech savy so any suggestions on how to get this fixed step by step instructions would be VERY helpful !

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Internet connection issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Internet connection issue

First I would try replacing the Ethernet cable being used to connect the modem & PC. Next, if there are other "LAN" ports in the modem, plug into a different port. After that I would try pinging the default gateway (ip address of the modem) with an infinite ping and watch to see if there are dropped packets. if there are multiple dropped packets, then it could be a bad network card in the PC or a bad port in the modem.

to infinite ping, open the command prompt and type the following:

ping <ip address of modem> -t (c:\ping 192.168.1.1 -t)

to make the ping stop press: Control C look at the results and see if you have dropped packets. Here's a look at mine after 10 pings

C:\>ping 192.168.10.1 -t

Pinging 192.168.10.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.10.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.10.1:
Packets: Sent = 10, Received = 10, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms
Control-C
^C
C:\>
Hope this helps, post back!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-issue.199470/
Relevancy 56.76%

Running Windows XP Using Outlook to compose and receive email OK issue Internet software - recognizing connection - Other not Connection Outlook stopped recognizing the internet connection one Connection issue - Internet OK - Other software not recognizing connection day and we were having issues with malware so I figured that was the problem and have downloaded software to correct those issues The scans found a ton of junk most likely due to the fact that limewire was used on the computer at some point Connection issue - Internet OK - Other software not recognizing connection Now the issue we have is that we are able to connect to Connection issue - Internet OK - Other software not recognizing connection the internet through firefox and the connection is working fine The wireless connection that is set up through this desktop machine is working fine as well The other software on the computer is NOT recognizing the internet connection at all For instance iTunes provides an error message along with Outlook and others I have tried rebooting and also running the connection wizard which did nothing This computer was originally set up for a dial up but has worked fine for years on the cable modem I have contacted the ISP and they will offer no help besides telling me it is a software issue Can anyone tell me what else to try I am fairly new at this but would really like to correct this issue

A:Connection issue - Internet OK - Other software not recognizing connection

Because you have Firefox and I am NOT familiar with it or how it impacts IE6 to 8, my only suggestion is to open your Network Connections in Control Panel then right click the NIC and then click properties and make sure Client for Microsoft Networks and Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) appear.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/connection-issue-internet-ok-other-software-not-recognizing-connection-525589.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I am new at this connection issue Internet and would like some help as I have a couple of problems with my computer a Compaq Presario SR AN Desktop PC Vista Home Premium bit Problem About weeks ago I was online and Internet connection issue suddenly I wasnt able to connect to the internet I called my IP provider and they told me that I could quot ping quot but couldn't connect to the domain name I have run a dianostic tool which said I had no dial tone but had local area connection Internet connection issue I Internet connection issue went step by step with my IP provider and we still couldnt get it to work Help Problem Last night I went to open a zip file using Zipeg never had any problems til then and now on the desktop all my programs are opening with notepad I cannot access my files on the desktop When I open the files I get a notepad with all these symbols and numbers and thats it I hope I have provided enough information for you to understand what I mean as its very frustrating I thank you in advance

A:Internet connection issue

Hello Purplezz, and welcome to Vista Forums.

I'm not sure about your first problem, but the ZIP download in the tutorial below should be able to restore your default ZIP associations.

Default File Type Associations - Restore

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/243480-internet-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 52.89%

hello... how yah doing?

Ok... I got this laptop I'm fixing. I have try most the common netsh command to repair any common network issue.

Now this problem I currently dealing with is on a windows vista laptop. I connect fine to my wireless/wiredland I have an IP fine but I can't access anything using firefox/IE even any program uses the internet.

but if I go into Safe Mode network the internet works fine. I have remove anti-virus/spyware remover/firewall also scan before I remove them...

I can ping website I get replies"normal mode" but access website with browsers/messenger/etc.. .

wtf is the deal? I don't want to format yet...

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/189412-i-need-help-internet-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have Verizon DSL. I am behind my DSL router and my network router. Everything has been fine for years.

Lately my internet has been seeming to go down alot. I get page cannot be displayed from Internet Explorer, and my online games won't load. Yet my instant messenger program still works fine, as if my internet connection is still up and fine.

I turn off my DSL router then back on, and my internet works fine, but after awhile it will seem to go down again. I've tried turning off both routers, and leaving them off for so long, and the same thing keeps happening. I've reset both routers and reconfigured everything, but the issue still comes back.

What is causing this and how can it be fixed?

-- Thanks in advance.

A:Internet Connection Issue

Top suspect would be P2P applications, which drive many routers nuts. They fill the connection table and cause the router to stop functioning.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-issue.673919/
Relevancy 52.89%

Ok today i have received my toshiba labtop. I tried to get a wireless coneection on it..But my modem has been locked! I ask my dad if he setted a password..he said no and doesnt know anything about computers..so im wondering hackers took over my modem and setted thier own password..because before it wasnt protected and i think thats how it got stolen..so can any one help?

-please and thank you.

Please download the modem's user manual

Use the manual's default username and password (found in the manual)
Check all settings

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-issue.102491/
Relevancy 52.89%

After a user on my network downloaded Spyware Protect 2009, I ran malwarebytes to get rid of the virus. The virus is gone, except now I have no internet connection on the PC. I had a connection prior to running malwarebytes, because that is how I downloaded the software to begin with... This appears to be a common problem - after numerous google searches, I found several other people who have experienced the same issue, yet no one had found any solutions. Does anyone have any experience with this particular issue?

A:Issue With My Internet connection

are you using wireless or wired?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/issue-with-my-internet-connection-642543.html
Relevancy 52.89%
A:DNS issue with my internet connection

Glad to hear you resolved the issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555386/dns-issue-with-my-internet-connection/
Relevancy 52.89%

This is probably a trivial problem and easily solved so I am sorry for troubling people here with it but Connection Issue Internet it is driving me to distraction I recently moved house and changed internet service providers from Orange to BT for those familiar with the UK Setting up my new homehub the modem provided by BT was easy and I was online in minutes However every morning when I get up and switch on my computer it will not connect to the net Hovering over the icon it says quot Unidentified network no internet access quot Restarting everything several times Internet Connection Issue over eventually resolves the problem and I can get online but I cannot fathom what is causing the problem I cannot even discover any particular order of switching off or switching on which works consistently The only thing I have noticed and I am not even sure this is connected to the problem is that when I get online if I hover over the internet icon it says quot Network quot rather than just quot Network quot Is there some procedure to resolve this issue or at least to discover what the real problem is Many thanks in advance for any assistance offered

How are you connecting to the Homehub ? Do you connect via Ethernet or Wireless ? Do you leave the Homehub turned on all the time or do you turn it off each night ?

Sorry for all the questions but it may help the experts to better answer you, I have a BT Homehub but I'm no expert.
I leave mine turned on at all times even though the computers are turned off each night, I have 2 computers connected both via Ethernet cable, although 1 used to be via wireless but that was running XP. Hubby did complain about not having the best connection via Wireless so when he got a new machine with Windows 7 it didn't have a wireless card so we decided to connect via Ethernet and he's happy and doesn't have any problems now.

Another thought what Security programs do you run ?

Hang on there and one of the experts will be able to help you I'm sure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/157003-internet-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 52.89%

a friend of mine just had her internet speed upgraded via U-Verse and while everyone else in the house has internet on all their computers and devices, her laptop reads the connection but doesn't connect to the internet. it isn't her wireless card because i brought it over to my wireless connection and it didn't have any problem whatsoever. it works when directly connecting to the modem but not wireless. i've read a lot of comments saying it might be a virus but that seems incredibly unlikely considering it only occurred after the upgrade. i ran through all of Windows Vista's diagnostics and troubleshooting but still no luck. hopefully someone out there has some idea what the issue might be

whats the adapter is it an AR5007 - as they do have issues -see below

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

post an ipconfig /all - see below

also try a tcp/ip reset - see below
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

For Windows Vista/Windows 7/8
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):​
For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
​Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Den... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-issue.1134482/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello This is my first post so thanks for having me I recently installed Windows Professional bit on my computer It was running Vista Home Premium I usually stay away from upgrade discs and always try to purchase the full verison but I purchased the Internet Issue Connection Win Upgrade for through a student discount I couldnt pass up that price Anyway everthing has been great except for one little quirk When I start up my computer and Internet Connection Issue the desktop loads I do not get an internet connection If I open IE it tries to open my home page for a long time then finally gives the Diagnose Conneciton Problems button If I click on the network icon by the clock in the system tray it will give me one network which is the house icon but it will say quot no internet quot in blue Below that is another network with the park bench icon which also says quot no internet quot Now with it in this state I can still click on Start then Network and browse files on my other pc connected to the same router So my home network and file sharing is set up and working correctly The problem is only with my internet connection Here is what I have noticed though I can go to the device manager disable my network card re-enable it wait a couple of seconds and then my internet connection is flawless When I click on the network icon in the system tray it just shows connected to Network with internet access and the home icon No park bench or second network listed at all But the next time I reboot or if I shut down and start up again I have to disable and re-enable the NIC before the internet works I did not have this problem in Vista Here is what I have done to troubleshoot First things first I updated the drivers for the network card which by the way is an integrated Marvell Yukon E on an Asus P T Delux motherboard This particular motherboard has two of those on it which leads me to my next troubleshooting step I went to the bios and disabled the extra ethernet port on the board so now device manager only shows one Same issue I tried alternating ethernet ports disabling the other and re-enabling the first one I disabled in bios Both ports do the same thing I tried updating all of the drivers available from Asus for Windows for this board including chipset and BIOS I then tried removing the ethernet card totally using command prompt and installing it's drivers manually through command prompt The driver removal and install worked but the issue presists Heres the weird part As a last resort I tried eleminating the router as a possible cause I plugged my DSL modem straight into the ethernet port I rebooted times to test it The problem goes away when I take the router out of the equasion The router I am using is a Netgear WGR v Nothing changed on the router between upgrading from Vista to W My other Vista pc and my XP laptop on wifi neither have any issues with internet connections So I tried switching ports on the router power cycling the router and I tried resetting the router to factory settings and reconfiguring it I am out of ideas Thanks LF

I have the same mobo and had no problems until i set up my router, I updated the firmware on my router and have no problems since.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/36844-internet-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Alright, I've been working this problem for awhile and I still haven't found a fix.

Ever since I installed a new sound card on my girlfriend's computer (P4-WinXP Home) there is a problem with the internet connection. The connection runs through the onboard LAN device through a wired router and then to the broadband cable modem.

Every time I boot the computer back up again the network connection is sending packets but not receiving any. If I disable the connection and then re-enable it, it begins receiving packets and everything is fine.

I've flushed the DNS cache, I've reinstalled the network connection via the internet wizard. Both to no avail.

Please let me know if you have any advice on this, thanks.

Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling you NIC ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29921/internet-connection-issue/
Relevancy 52.89%

So I'm hooked up using an ethernet to my router modem using the -in- 'Super Hub' provided by Virgin and Windows is telling me that I have Internet Access and sometimes that's true but throughout the week it's been volatile a lot with hours on end not being able to access the internet on both Chrome Firefox and other programs that use the issue connection Just another internet internet My old mans computer which is also wired seemingly hasn't been having this problem Same with my mother and her wireless connection Troubleshooting the many times I've tried it doesn't come up with anything I turned off my firewall also MSE I'm kind of lost and frustrated Right now I'm Just another internet connection issue using my really slow tethered mobile internet connection so I'm not too keen spending Just another internet connection issue hours learning and bruteforcing different methods Here's my ipconfig if it helps Code Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe d a b d a IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address b b e Link-local IPv Address fe d c dd d fa a IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway b Tunnel adapter isatap D CE- B - EFF- DD-AF E D DDF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap F F -C - D- CC-D EF EB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap FA F - C - -A D- BCCE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Help would be greatly appreciated- thanks in advance

A:Just another internet connection issue

Hi There

I want to know how many computer are hooked up and how. Need to narrow down the issue whether its the router/modem or your system. As you said that there are more than 1 system if the other system is working fine then I dont think its an issue with your router. If you can provide some more info then I can definitely help.

Do you have a modem and router or just one modem which is also a modem+router.

Quick Fix that you can try

System Restore ( if u think the issue is with your system only )

Let me know

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292180-just-another-internet-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I?m a landlord of a student accommodation building in Liverpool, where 16 students live. I have a fibre broadband account with TalkTalk, which based on the Carphone Warehouse online comparison tool that identifies the best broadband provider based on your geographical area, is supposed to be the best internet provider for my location. However, many of the students are complaining about the internet connection being very slow and sometimes not working at all. There are 2 rooters in the building and 2 boosters; one in the kitchen which is below ground level and another in one of the bedrooms on the 2nd floor (there are 5 floors in total).
What could the problem be and how could I make the connection better? I have noticed that in the room where one of the boosters is located, the student has connected an Ethernet cable from their laptop to the booster. Could this have anything to do with the poor connection?
Thank you.

A:Internet Connection ISSUE

it will depend on the speed you are paying for , the quality of the line

and what they are doing on the network
If they are using any torrent sites downloading and sharing copyright films/music
And it does not have to be that - or illegal usage
Netfix and spotify used on multple devices at the same time would use bandwidth
this would put a huge strain on the network and easily stop others from using the network or playing games

16 students maybe using a lot of bandwidth

what speed are you getting from talktalk service

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-issue.1168151/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I've recently been experiencing an issue with my PC's internet connection I could be happily browsing for any length of time when all of a my Connection Internet with Issue An sudden the connection goes and I get a screen saying Not Connected An Issue with my Internet Connection to Internet or Connection was interrupted Thing is there is nothing wrong with my wifi as I can still receive emails and the laptop's An Issue with my Internet Connection internet connection is fine as are the other devices phone Hudl etc The PC's connection can come back at a random time or when I restart it but then goes again The Diagnose Errors dialogue mentions something about a Proxy Connection and my searching for advice tells me to go to LAN Settings and uncheck the use a proxy An Issue with my Internet Connection server box Thing is when I get to the Internet Properties window the LAN Settings button is greyed out On occasion the connection is lost when a window pops up saying Installshield update service scheduler has stopped working but not always I'm on Windows and I use Google Chrome I also have Opera and that stops working too Sorry if I've rambled but wanted to give as much info as I could as I'm not brilliantly tech savvy Cheers John

A:An Issue with my Internet Connection

I would run your security programs as soon as. It might be malware causing it. If its clean then try opening IE 11 as administrator, click the tools icon top right, select internet options, connections tab then Lan settings to see if its available now to untick. It might work.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/issue-my-internet-connection-4596242/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,
My internet connection was working fine until there was a message just stating that the connection had failed. I closed the browser and open and again and still didnt work. The icon in the bottom right (which shows the strength of the connection etc says I have no connection. I then restarted my laptop and then still no connection. I right clicked on the connection icon in bottom right and now want me to reconnect to my wireless router. Should I try to do that or is there an easier way without having to do everything again , do I need to plug in my ethernet cable again to start the connection again or is there another way that I have ignored!!!
Please help , sister is going mad !!!!!

Thankyou

Have you tryed refreshing the connection using MSDOS? if not try it..

find Run on your computer, type in to it cmd then MSDOS will appear
then type in
ipconfig/release
give it time to release a few seconds it takes then renew it.
ipconfig/renew
this may take upto 20seconds, once it has loaded you can type exit... this should refresh your connection.

If this doesnt work log in to your router and reset it. our router IP address is normally the default address for the class of network you have running, its normally class C which is a 192.168 address.

Other than this, it sounds like your ISP is maybe doing jobs in your area in which case you'd have to sit it out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-issue.922620/
Relevancy 52.89%

More of a stupid question really. That's my speed test. It's always a consistent 1.3mps, Not really fast but fast enough to download whatever I need and surf the web effortlessly right? Wrong!! When in actuality I'm only able to download anything at a rate of 100-150KBps and that's no matter where I download from. Even streaming stuff is slow! But no matter what I do I cannot get ANYTHING to download as fast as the speed test sites say I should be. I'm sure somebody out there can help me with this issue before I call my ISP again! Or at least someone can answer this stupid question of mine. Thanks in advance.

-- Captain Hoek

http://www.speedtest.net/result/638630108.png

Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I had been having earlier problems but after a full sustem restore I had finally got my system up and running except for the fact that the Internet connection had the classic Windows 'i' Icon I have been having this problem for days after the malware removal I had already tried removing the Wireless Network Adapter But it did not reinstall on Launch so anything that removes any important files from the Adapter would not be a preferred solution Since I'd need a step by step guide to refrain from screwing it up I don't want to bring my computer in to the shop because school is drawing closer and I'd rather keep money fixated on the supplies I'm going to need Any solutions available for this issue Preferrably in step by step tutorial format for otherwise with issue Internet Another connection. I'll be tinkering about with the controls unsure of what to do Information My computer is Windows Another issue with Internet connection. Home Premium It has an Intel R Core TM i M CPU GHz with GB of Installed ram and it's a -Bit operating system It utilizes Intel My Wifi Technology if that helps

A:Another issue with Internet connection.

Go to device manager, right click the device with no driver, choose properties, go to the details tab click the properties drop down choose hardware ids click on the first value select copy then paste it here, should look something like this: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_84321043&REV_06

did we not do this yesterday?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/247199-another-issue-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I Connection Issue Internet have been troubleshooting this issue for a week now - following suggested solutions for problems similar although not identical to Internet Connection Issue mine to no avail I believe I have finally narrowed down what event is causing my internet connection to be unavailable When I log in to my Windows desktop my internet connection is unavailable to everything It does not matter whether I use Ethernet or wireless connection If I start up the desktop and just leave it sitting at the sign in screen everything is okay The desktop shows it's connected I can connect and use laptops TV's tablets phones etc The first time the internet is accessed via the Windows PC it will occasionally last minutes or so but mostly drops out immediately As I said I have done most recommended suggestions I can find - e g changing modem routers updating adapter drivers switching off firewalls changing browsers swapping cables etc etc That many I can't remember them all Can someone please offer help - I feel I am going around in circles now

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/49255-internet-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am in a building where there is one wireless router used by everyone wanting to make a connection. The router has excellent connection strength throughout the buidling. If i take a few steps outside the room my computer states I have good or excellent connectivity but changes to aquiring a network address. It will never again pick up an address unless I walk back through the door.

Any ideas why I can be getting good connections to the router but never pick up an address?

Hi,

Few items here that can play:

1) Do you have a cordless phone in that room?
2) Do you have a wireless suround sound system in that room?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-issue.141307/
Relevancy 52.89%

So i've been having this issue for a few months with my internet connection I'll be browsing the internet doing my Internet connection issue usual youtube facebook and twitter when suddenly my browser stops loading pages It stalls out and the spinning wheel just keeps spinning After some time it tells me that it cant Internet connection issue connect to the internet I look down at the notifications area and it says I'm still connected with internet access Whats more is that I'm almost always signed in to skype and when I pull skype up I see that I am still connected to it and can still message my friends I can even make a skype call If I'm in a skype call with this happens my call goes uninterrupted So it is strictly a problem with the browser Furthermore I've tested this with IE Firefox Google Chrome and Opera and this happens across all platforms However when this happens I will pull out my phone and try to browse to a webpage on it and it works I pull out my tablet and do the same and it works My girlfriend who is sitting right next to me can browse pages with relative ease and never experiences this sort of interruption Our smart TV still streams Netflix just fine and her iPad can do all its iPad things My computer is the ONLY device in the apartment experiencing this issue We've had our ISP send out a technician FOUR TIMES to check our lines router modem etc they made a few adjustments and went on their way The first one noticed something was off with the line itself but at that point all devices were experience a loss of service I re-installed windows on Thursday in case I had some sort of malware causing this - didn't feel like going through the trouble of trying to clean my pc I normally don't have any issues connecting to online games either like world of warcraft Aion League of Legends but since I reinstalled I am having difficulty doing even that If I unplug the ethernet cable and plug it back in it fixes the issue briefly The interruption is also becoming more and more frequent I have a wireless card in my pc and can use either a wired or wireless connection I keep one of them disabled at all times I've tested this with the wireless connection as well and it does the same thing I've tried assigning a static IP to myself but our router modem provided by our ISP doesn't seem to like that Does anyone have any idea what this could be

Try updating drivers for the chipset and the NIC cards and possibly flash the bios. 

I doubt it's your internet as well as the internet equipment (router and modem) if other devices aren't experiencing it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551661/internet-connection-issue/
Relevancy 52.89%

Recently I got Comcast Xfinity internet for the mbps plan but the speed dropped drastically after opening utorrent Problem Summary - First hours of connection the internet Internet Issue! Connection was clocking - mbps down - mbps up - Downloaded a game on Steam got mbps active download speed - Tried using Utorrent to torrent a file with the intention of just testing the internet - Torrent maxed at mbps - Since then my Internet Connection Issue! internet only reaches - mbps down mbps up kbs active download Things I've tried - TCP Optimizer - resetting ports in Command Prompt - Virus Malware check amp clean - SWITCHING ENCRYPTION ----- gt AES - mbps down KTIP - mbps down KTIP will only stay within this area AES fluctuates from - mbps Possible thoughts - I have Internet Connection Issue! a WN v Wireless N usb card maybe it's too old - gt this wouldn't explain why I originally had - mbps for the first hours - Utorrent modified internet settings slowing down my internet rate - Internet is being throttled on my IP Address but mbps down to mbps is WAY TOO DRASTIC Other notes - My HP Probook s is clocking - mbps download and upload amp it's in the same room as my desktop - My laptop is Win my desktop is Vista

Relevancy 52.89%

Greetings all Newbie here I'm having an internet problem and Issue.... Internet Connection have no idea what's causing it My mother has a HP laptop running Windows She uses FireFox as her primary browser When she opens FF and goes to a search engine it will load the Internet Connection Issue.... front page fine But when she tries to do a search the computer will never load the search results or if it loads results it won't load images Most of the time the loading wheel just spins amp spins but nothing really happens Her computer is the only one in the house that has this issue My Mac and my dad's Windows HP never have that problem My sister's Windows HP will have the same problem but only occasionally Does anyone have any idea what the problem is and how to fix it Every time she has taken it to Best Buy while it was under warranty it worked perfectly figures They tried to tell her it's our internet connection or the router having too many devices connected But I don't buy that since her laptop is the only one to have that issue on a regular basis It should be noted that - devices are regularly connected to our router my laptop my sister's laptop my cell DirecTV and my mom's laptop I also have an Xbox that connects to it but it's powered off the vast majority of the time Thanks for whatever help you can give

A:Internet Connection Issue....

Please download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your desktop.

Shut down your anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Please attach the JRT log.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Scan button.
When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)
Click Go and post the result.  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541966/internet-connection-issue/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,I have Elitebook8760w. I installed windows server 2012 on it, but I cannot connect to Internet. I go to Network and sharing center, Change Adaptor Settings , it shows my WiFi is Enable. Why still I cannot connect to the Internet. Thanks, Melina

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Internet-Connection-Issue/td-p/5669011
Relevancy 52.89%

I have two computers hooked up to a network and one of the computers will not connect to the internet. It is an Ethernet hook up, not wireless. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks, Andrew

A:internet connection issue

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/internet-connection-issue-664353.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I was recently trying to connect my bluetooth headset to my laptop and ended up downloading a bluesoleil software for it. Ever since I downloaded the software I can't connect to the internet through mozilla, IE, google talk, skype etc. The only program that IS able to connect and works fine is AOL Instant Messenger. The connection between the router seems fine, Im getting a signal and other than being able to use AIM and chat with people I can also ping www.google.com, for example, and receive packets. I already tried turning off firewall settings to no luck and I fully uninstalled the bluetooth software that I downloaded. Additionally, my laptop won't go back to any restore points for some odd reason, I suspect not having enough HD space, but I think that's a sepparate problem. Any suggestion on how I can attempt to fix this connection problem is highly appreciated.

Let's try the classic stack repair.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-issue.567404/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a HP desktop that is running Vista.

This morning everything was working fine but now suddenly I cannot open any websites. When I clicked on the button for windows to diagnose the problem it came back saying there is no problem and that I'm connected. I called Comcast and we went through all the different settings and there is nothing wrong with the settings. I am able to connect to the internet on my laptop (using the router) so we know the router isn't the problem. This has me (and Comcast) stumped. Has anyone had a problem such as this and found a solution?

Thanks!

Hey there.

Are you trying to connect wirelessly? If so, can you connect with an ethernet cable?
If you can, uninstall the drivers for your wireless network card, reboot, and Windows should update the drivers on its own when you start back up.

start > search > device manager > right click your wireless network adapter under "network adapters" and hit uninstall.

Hope this helps! I actually had the same problem a few hours ago, not being able to connect to a new network, but I used this method and it worked for me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-issue.1007072/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi everyone ..

Couple of days ago my computer just wouldn't connect to the internet with a yellow exclamation mark at the taskbar though everything was fine from the outside. Then at Network & Sharing Center I clicked at the disconnection sign for troubleshooting. It ran a check and said something to the effect that "a network plug was not properly connected" which has been "fixed." Thereafter it connected but left me utterly puzzled what may have been the issue and how to avoid it in future for it may happen again any time and I may not be fortunate enough to get it resolved as quickly. Does this refer to a configuration problem or the need to power-cycle the modem & router by unplugging and plugging, etc.? Any feedback to educate me a bit would be helpful. Thanks.

Seems your NIC just mis-configured and the troubleshoot restarted / reset it. This can happen to any NIC at any time.

You can check eventlog at the time it happened and post the log on here, I can have a look at the issue, it may be something else and I can help you prevent it next time.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f50/internet-connection-issue-276254/
Relevancy 52.89%

When I go to connect to my wireless connection, it lets me enter in the WEP key, but wont connect!
Images below are from my attempts. Please Help!
http://imageshack.us/f/191/hni0008p.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/214/hni0007x.jpg/

Relevancy 52.89%

Hey everyone - been having this problem for the last year or so and kind of shrugged it off and have been lazy in trying to sort connection Internet issue it out Anyway my computer has a network interface card that Internet connection issue connects to my router wirelessly router is downstairs My router is a D-Link DSL-G T and my network card is a Lynksys WMP GS I am currently with an ISP called Tiscali based in the UK and when I first Internet connection issue setup this network I had no initial internet troubles or anything However after a while I noticed some internet issues appearing when visiting certain websites In particular if I visit www ign com my internet connection seems to disconnect and no webpages are working I have to restart my router and then it will work again This also happens if I visit www qj net - it only happens with certain websites such as the two I have given here I have searched google and couldn t find anybody with my particular issue although I kept getting results regarding DNS errors I m not sure if this is the problem however if anybody has any clue as to how to solve my problem it would be greatly appreciated If I haven t given enough information then just ask and I ll try to reply as soon as possible Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I have a 4 port ADSL Teracom modem and if a laptop is connected, internet works, whereas if I connect a Video Phone ( this phone is preprogrammed and just needs a internet conenction to make voip calls) and
this does not get registered and no connection is possible. What needs to be done ( some of my friends
say this could be an firewall issue). How can we byepasss the firewall in Teracom modem connected to BSNL broadband in India

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-phone-connection-issue.994543/
Relevancy 52.46%

Upgraded my laptop to 7057 from 7022 and all went well, apart from the fact that I now have no internet connection?

Wireless is connected but its limited with no internet. Running the troubleshooter throws up that it cant fix it - but it does!! and it all works fine, that is until the next reboot So if I want it working, the troubleshooter must be run first.

Any ideas guys?

A:7057 Internet Connection Issue??

yeah mine seems to have something against watching youtube videos

just ran the trouble shooter it said it couldnt find a problem and magically they play now

edit: turns out i just got lucky that one time running the trouble shooter does not fix it for me

just tested with firefox it has the same problem...

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/5248-7057-internet-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have HP Pavillion Laptop, Windows 7 bought in January 2010. Everything on the thing worked fine until one day it just stopped connecting to the internet. I was using a wireless connection, but its not connecting hard-wired either. Its under warranty so had the geek squad look at it (2 weeks later they say nothing is wrong and it works fine) They showed me in the store it connecting to their wireless network and my boyfriend was able to connect wirelessly at work. He brings it home and still nothing.

We did IP Config and it shows media disconnected, found some helps that said what to do to fix that and it still shows media disconnected.

We are beyond frustrated, have no idea what the issue could be. Desktop at home connects hard wired and through the router ....

Any thoughts?

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello there Forum Recently an issue has occurred to do with all of my Programs on my Computer that require connectivity to the Internet Programs Connection Internet Issue with to work What seems to be the issue is Internet Connection Issue with Programs that I have perfect connection using my Browser Opera It works Completely fine But as I attempt to Login on Steam Windows Live or any of my Online Games I get an error Message explaining that I have no connectivity to the Internet what so ever Even though I can assure the Internet is connected I have been searching for answers and what-not in other Forums and they all say the same sort of thing Apparently a Firewall causes this Internet Connection Issue with Programs issue to arise I have tried disabling my Firewall Windows Firewall I have tried disabling my Anti-Virus Nod and non of this seems to work So I am asking how did I fix this Issue Thank you in advance EDIT I am currently running Windows bit If that helps nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I have a MID Tablet and i am having an issue getting Wifi to work , what settings should it be on to use wifi?

A:Tablet Internet Connection Issue

7" and 8" tablet instructions
10" tablet instructions

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tablet-internet-connection-issue.1076464/
Relevancy 52.46%

I connect to the internet help connection Internet issue wanted! - through a wireless network at home TalkTalk service and their provided router I tried to install a Linksys range expander WRE G today running the setup app on Internet connection issue - help wanted! my laptop It couldn t find the expander which I half expected as I wasn t sure whether the router and expander were compatible However - having disconnected turned off the expander and rebooted the laptop I now can t reach the internet through the original wireless connection or even using an ethernet cable - network connections shows up as connected strong signal strength - view available wireless connections shows as connected - router lights are as normal - other machines on the wireless network work perfectly Having spoken to my ISP helpline they tried resetting the winsock catalog but had no further ideas when that didn t work Any suggestions welcome at the moment I m out of ideas The laptop is running XP SP Thanks in advance Andrew nbsp

A:Internet connection issue - help wanted!

It appears you have overwritten the drivers or install for the TalkTalk service during the LinkSys install process. Do they offer tech support, or a site to download and install what you need? This sort of fix is difficult to do online without the ability to see what is happening.
There is a free download called Network Magic that helps, but you need more information from TalkTalk or the maker of their router.
Tell us what information is on the bottom of the router, such as brand, model number, version, etc. as a disk or downloads for that particular model will likely be needed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-issue-help-wanted.131662/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have a very annoying problem with my internet connection and I can t figure this one out When I m browsing the web there seems to be some kind of time out limit at about second that is if the server my browser is trying to connect to doesn t respond in about second it says the quot page issue with connection internet Time-out could not be found quot or something similar depending on browser If I try repeated times it eventually work for some reason almost always on the third attempt This happens both when I m using Internet Explorer Opera and Firefox so it doesn t appear to be a browser related issue rather something in the settings for the internet connection itself Time-out issue with internet connection but I haven t found anything I have gotten all updates from Windows Update and checked the settings Time-out issue with internet connection for Windows Firewall but not found anything there either and turning the Win Firewall off has no effect I have written about this problem on various tech forums but my posts have always been completely ignored Hope someone here can help me thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all I have a little delimma I have a cable modem which is connected to a Linksys wireless router G I have configured my wireless router to allow for Connection Issue Internet (Wireless) multiple user access to be exact My desktop which I m writing from now can access the internet all Internet Connection Issue (Wireless) day long no problems However when I try to access the internet through my Laptop Sony Viao I am having issues I know that it has to be something related to my laptop specifically because my friends can come over and with key can access my Internet Connection Issue (Wireless) network connection with no problems I can see the icon in the sys tray showing the little red x I right click to view wireless networks I see mine because I m broadcasting my SSID I have encrypted Internet Connection Issue (Wireless) the network and I have manually entered my WEP key to connect to my network but its a NO-GO My wireless card adapter on my laptop is internal and is powered through an on off switch on the laptop which I have on I have tried repairing the connection by right-clicking the connection icon and choose repair I have tried to connect by clicking on the connect option in the network list view and manually entering my WEP key But it just goes and goes and never connects I have also tried ipconfig release and renew BUT when I do that I see that my media state says Media disconnected I m pretty sure it says that because I have a connection that I use sometimes at work that requires me to use a physical cable connection It shouldn t effect my wireless connection right If anyone can help me in trying to determine why my Laptop won t connect to my wireless network connection I would be greatful Thanks Daddy O nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-issue-wireless.51945/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion dv6000 32 bit running Vista.

I don't know what happened but it could not just detect my LAN Internet/Network.

I loaded the backup/recovery/driver CD but again - still not working.

Any HELP would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bily

A:LAN Internet/Network Connection Issue

Hi Bily,

Welcome to the Forums.

You should try updating the drivers through the manufacturers' website.

The driver on the Cd may be out-dated.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/285509-lan-internet-network-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I recently reformatted an old PC of mine Tiff and when Tiff s ethernet cord is plugged in to my router there is no internet connection issue. An connection Solved: internet I configured Tiff s Local Area Connection IP Solved: An internet connection issue. settings like this Tiff IP address Subnet mask Default gateway Preferred DNS Solved: An internet connection issue. server My main PC Tiff its IP settings are Tiff IP address Subnet mask Default gateway Preferred DNS server PC Tiff has always had an internet connection Although all computers in our house are not connected to a network we cannot share printers and files that has not been set up All computers are connected to our router though and have an internet connection PC Tiff does not have an internet connection Our set up is like this Random things I have noticed In Tiff s Local Area Connection Status under Activity at the moment it says there s sent packets and only received In Tiff s Local Area Connection Properties it says quot Connect using Realtek RTL x Family Fast quot But in Tiff s Local Area Connection Properties it says quot Connect using Speedstream Ethernet USB Adapter quot which is the name of our modem I don t know if Tiff and Tiff s supposed to connect using the same thing it would make sense but I m not sure On Tiff I can ping Tiff s computer but I cannot ping the DNS server I cannot ping something like google com Tiff s ipconfig C Documents and Settings Tiffy gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name tiff Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - - - - D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server Lease Obtained Monday June PM Lease Expires Monday June PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Speedstream Ethernet USB Adapter Physical Address - -D - -EC- Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers C Documents and Settings Tiffy gt Tiff s ipconfig C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name tiff Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers C Documents and Settings Administrator gt - I m not concerned about setting up a network to share files at the moment I just want to get an internet connection on Tiff I apologize if there s so much in this post I didn t know what was relevant And sorry if my terminology is wrong I m not great with this nbsp

A:Solved: An internet connection issue.

All fixed. I wasn't able to do ipconfig/renew 'cause it was failing. So I used this thread:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/net...82285-internet-ip-error-operation-failed.html
This fixed it:

"Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-an-internet-connection-issue.835335/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all I have a relative s Benq laptop runing XP that shows its connected to the internet in network connections but fails to load webpages It all started when it was running very poorly thought it may have been a worm but scans were Internet Issue Connection Benq negative Installed more ram for a total of GB and blew XP Home of the face of the planet bought and loaded Pro onto it So the internet was quot working quot before the reload When I say working the laptop was so slow that webpages would time out but eventualy we could get them to load With the new clean install of XP Pro I can Benq Internet Connection Issue download updates for programs and can use google can do searches It can also load some Australian hosted pages For pages it doesnt load it just seems to time out Very simmilar result as you would expect when your internet is shaped I thought thats what it was at first but the other computers on the network sharing the same connection are fine working fine The cat isnt an issue as i have tried another PC s cable with the exact same ofcourse different MAC networking options I have taken the laptop home and it works fine on both wireless and wired connection Because it is working at home I am finding it hard to replicate and therefore narrow down the problem so have reset the ip stack done the winsock fix Running out of ideas as a last resort I may have to load to ghosted image and see what is different Summary Recap Slow laptop With home Installed more RAM and reinstalled XP but pro edition Internet works fine on my network Only some webpages Hosted in Australia work on relatives network Internet looks like it is connected in Network Connections Thank you all for your time and reading through all that it was an effort to type so must have been awful to read nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Good Day This week I upgraded to Win from a Vista machine using HP's free upgrade that came with the laptop we got on - Upgrade went fine but couldn't connect to the internet not Internet Connection router - Issue The laptop was seeing and communicating with the router just no internet Internet Connection Issue - not router on the back end The laptop DOES get a usable connection when I boot in Safe Networking mode and I am posting from that laptop now But obviously my wofe would like to be in standard mode I have tried to reinstall the driver for the adapter I have tried to uninstall and re-install the adapter I have reset the WinSock settings I think I was doing that correctly I have uninstalled Bonjour and several other things that quite honestly I forget Here are a couple other clues to this puzzle When in conventional logon the Ethernet adapter also does not work when the laptop is hard-wired to the router When in conventional I can get a response when I ping Google the yellow triangle and exclamation goes away but I still get no usable connection When I had updates under Vista that included IE the connection issue also showed itself I would go to a restore point before this update and the machine would work again Obviously system restore with a new upgrade to Win really isn't an option or is it I know this isn't the OS nor is it probably IE but omething associated with the updates or the upgrade that is preventing a connection but that goes away when I boot up in safe mode I know it's probably something running in conventional boot-up that is running but what exactly would I look for that would be there then and not in Safe mode Thanks for any and all assistance you can give me

A:Internet Connection Issue - not router

First, I would like to welcome you to the Seven Forums.

Could you please post results of ipconfig (open command prompt, type ipconfig /all) when logged in normally, not on the safe mode w. networking.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/41142-internet-connection-issue-not-router.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello thar Last night i was happily gaming away when my pc crashed on me after forcing it to power down and boot back up it would no longer connect to the internet and left me at quot Local Limited Connection Only quot I used the repair button enable disable reset the modem router and pc multiple times ipconfig commands etc and after awhile simply gave up Returned home this evening and powered it up again with the error still showing I have been Connection Pc Issue Internet Solved: here for hours now and after running all the possiblites above again with no avail I looked at my services menu and it appears that computer browser isn t started however when I try to start it I just get an error message saying it stopped again there are no dependancies for this process I decided to nab the girlfriends laptop of which I am appealing for help from and disable the wirleess and plug the ethernet cable from my desktop into this Which is working perfectly fine I have changed no settings on the desktop and it has and is still configued to auto detect ip dns etc just done a quick browse and so Solved: Pc Internet Connection Issue is this laptop The desktop is running windows xp i ve come across this problem before and generally its been a router modem restart fix because its bugged out however this time it seems something happened with that crash last night Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I am having this strange issue with my internet I have Issue Weird Internet Connection Help! a Netgear NB W and two computers directly connected to it Both computers are networked to each other On one of Help! Weird Internet Connection Issue the computers running XP - the internet works fine - no problems On the other computer running Vista - the internet works fine just after startup - for like - minutes - then can not connect to any sites Upon reboot the same happens - internet works for - minutes then no more Please help I have the ipconfigs below - for when it was working and afterwards - seems like there is no difference Internet Working Windows IP Configuration Host Name P AS HC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VM Network Connection Physical Address - B-CD-E - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b fd b fc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday January AM Lease Expires Sunday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A F -F - -AB A- C D B br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Internet Not Working Windows IP Configuration Host Name P AS HC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VM Network Connection Physical Address - B-CD-E - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b fd b fc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday January AM Lease Expires Sunday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A F -F - -AB A- C D B br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Other notes - I have disabled the IPv helper service on the Vista machine and am sharing a Canon MP which is directly connected to the XP machine Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I am having trouble getting my other laptop to connect to the internet that i use constantly it doesn t even recognize wireless internet now for some reason it isn t outdated or anything it is an Asus x l and i was on the internet earlier and restarted my computer to install updates and when it came connection issue Solved: Internet back on it only had an ethernet connection option how do i get it to connect to my wireless again Also as a minor note the computer info on my profile is for the netbook i have not my asus Solved: Internet connection issue since i can t get it to connect if you need the info for the one with the issue please let me know Update i used my flashdrive to get the systeminfo program onto my other laptop for you guys here is the info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc K L Antivirus Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security Disabled Update Upon further looking into my computer i discovered i my have somehow removed my wireless driver nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I have an old laptop that I am trying to connect to the Internet. It is a Dell Latitude D610 running Windows XP. Last time I used it, it was my primary computer and I had a Verizon USB drive and installed Verizon software to connect to the Internet. I have Adobe Creative Suite installed on that computer and the version I have (CS3) is not compatible with my current laptop that runs Windows 8. So I was just going to use it on the old laptop but it is asking me to verify the software online. So I plugged the laptop into my Comcast modem using an ethernet cable. It now says it is connected but I still don't have Internet access. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Internet connection issue on old laptop

On XP you have to re-create the Network connection from scratch via Control Panel/Network

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,150058.0.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Newbie here and i m sure you ve heard this one before so apologies and thanks in advance for any help I ll try to be as thorough as possible Two PC s Desktop running sharing Internet / LAN HELP issue, connection XP Home with internal generic Internet connection sharing / LAN issue, HELP NIC and AOL silver Internet connection sharing / LAN issue, HELP BB k i can see you all cringeing Laptop running XP Pro PCMCIA NIC connected together via a Netgear base T port hub cos it was there and cheap Have gotten the PC s seeing each other shared drives etc etc Cannot get ICS to work AOL say can only work via a router and only on gold or platinum or bloody titanium or nickel alloy etc but not silver In short v unhelpful considering they told me i couldn t use the gold as the phone line isn t good enough previous long running problem OK so I believe there s a way of doing this and don t want to go to the expense of a router if i can avoid have tried using AnalogX proxy but can t make sense of it additionally can ping laptop from desktop but get request timed out vice versa have verified IP addresses for both network connections checked ICS etc Help please P S If i have to go the Router route what should i expect to pay for a port will be adding another desktop PC in the near future Mike nbsp

A:Internet connection sharing / LAN issue, HELP

As long as you have internet connection on the main machine, you can share the internet connection and It doesn't matter if its cable, dsl or dial up. You say you have a local area network working properly. Do you have firewalls on both machines? If you are using firewall, you might need to configure your firewall software on both machines.

Router is a better idea for internet connection sharing. Most of the new routers has firewalls. You will be saving your system resources too. On ebay you may find them for really cheap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-sharing-lan-issue-help.31609/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have been using broadband with an ethernet connection through a router for months happily Recently I configured a proxy from URL firefox in attempt to access university data on Connection ADVISE PLEASE Internet Issue... campus culprit Eitherway after resetting LAC connects as expected however all browsers fail to access internet Instead try to connect to a Internet Connection Issue... PLEASE ADVISE dial up connection rather than using connected ethernet Also worth mention IE achieves internet connection through using wireless connection to router however firefox does not Any suggestions advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks Windows IP Configuration Host Name CalumsPC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List FLAT Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VIA Compatable Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - B- A-CC- B-BA Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Flat Connection-specific DNS Suffix FLAT Description ASUS b g Network Adapter Physical Address - -D -F - -DE Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained April Lease Expires February nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Okay I've had this issue for a while and I'm going to try and explain everything I can recall about it but please feel free to request any relevant information that I may have missed out internet issue connection Mysterious The issue is the following At some point for some reason my PC loses Mysterious internet connection issue the ability to establish NEW internet connections Ping requests time out pages don't load etc HOWEVER existing connections remain unaffected I can remain signed in to Steam friends Mumble etc However if I disconnect from said Mumble server I will not be able to reconnect whilst this issue is in effect I have had the issue occur spontaneously but that's rare and that's only ever happened when using a wireless adapter not when using the ethernet cable I believe this may be related to the fact that it can also be triggered if I switch the router off for an extended period so my wireless card loses its connection Then if I switch it back on the issue will happen I can also trigger the issue by hibernating my PC and then restoring it from hibernation The problem does NOT appear to be adapter specific I have experienced it using an ethernet cable to connect to the router as well as a USB wireless dongle rather than using my wireless card In addition other Windows machines two laptops in this house are not affected by this issue the problem is unique to my PC Disabling and re-enabling the adapter can temporarilly fix it but disconnecting and reconnecting does not If the issue occurs restarting the computer usually permanently fixes it barring any of the 'triggers' above I have also recently found that using ipconfig release followed by ipconfig renew will temporarilly restore it In fact when I repeatedly used these commands today each time the issue appeared it has remained connected for longer each time without disconnecting However because the amount of time I can remain connected after 'fixing' it without restarting can often appear to be random I have no idea if this really has dealt with it yet I did try changing to a fixed IP and gateway in my network settings This temporarilly fixed it but when the issue appeared ipconfig release followed by ipconfig renew did NOT have any effect I restored it to automatic detection and it worked again etc This issue has me frustrated I am no networking expert but I would rather not just 'reinstall Windows' as one of my friends suggests I do as this is not only inconvenient but it doesn't get to the bottom of the issue and it could potentially happen again I want to try and track down what is happening and fix it once and for all Any assistance with this matter would be greatly appreciated Sorry for the long post

A:Mysterious internet connection issue

That is one of a problem! And a long post; but you know what? I love long posts! Well... I find your problem really mysterious... And, I'm away from home right now (I'll be home in a couple of hours) so I'm writing this from my phone = can't really do some research. I'll do it when I get home. Just some quick suggestions before the little research: Download thr latest updates and drivers to your computer. I think the problem lies in either the firmware of the adaptor or a component broken in the adaptor. Can't give more help right now, but I'll try my best when I get home!

EDIT: Looks like I missed a part of your post! So the problem also occurs when you're using a ethernet cable! As already said, I'll help as soon as I get home!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246073-mysterious-internet-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I recently bought a Studio 1535/1536 laptop. Everything seems to be in working order except it so far has not been able access the internet through the ethernet cable. The only message I get is unidentified network access: local only. Um HELP I'm don't know all the specs and anything I'm just a student trying to ge this laptop working. PLEASE HELP!!!

A:Vista Lan connection issue (internet)

contact your ISP . I think you are not able to reach gateway.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/170726-vista-lan-connection-issue-internet.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have quite a serious problem with my internet / computer. Whenever I try to connect to hotmail, msn or any other related service, the connection just times out.

Furthermore if I try and access the server list for a game I play (call of duty). Nothing happens, it gets stuck on 'retrieving master server'...

All of this was working 24 hours ago...

I have fiddled with IE a lot, SSL etc
Rebooted my pc, turned it off and on
I have no firewall, so nothing to worry about on that end
I installed Panda antivirus and scanned all my windows folder, it just found a dodgy cookie called 'atmdmt' or something. It didn't seem relavent.

Yeh not sure whats going on, really annoying please help!

Relevancy 52.46%

The internet has not been working. Upon diagnosis, this is what I have found....

Modem: Motorola from AT&T?
Router (Wireless): Linksys WRT54G

Computer - Modem: This works. No problems.
Computer - Router - Modem: Doesn't work. Thus....
Wireless: Signal can be received by various electronics, but no internet.

IP for Modem: 192.168.1.254
IP for Wireless: 192.168.2.1

Tried powering off & restarting everything. Tried resetting router & configuring from IP address. It just seems as though the router doesn't want to talk to the modem. I can't access the IP of the modem from a C-R-M (computer-router-modem) connection setup. I think I have to change some setting in my modems configuration, but I don't know what.

Please help

A:Solved: Internet Connection Issue

Well, if your connection is really from AT&T (and it's not U-Verse), then this is probably a DSL line. In that case, you would probably need a PPPoE enabled router that can store a login/password for the PPP connection.

If it's U-Verse, then they have a built-in router and you could just use that ;P

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-issue.1014348/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I'm running Win on Weird issue Connection Internet a laptop Weird Internet Connection issue in an office environment When i connect to the internet using the ethernet cable at the office everything is fine BUT when i attempt to connect via wireless at the office the following weird things happen I can send email with Outlook but i Weird Internet Connection issue can't receive them Weird Internet Connection issue even though by testing the account settings it successfully connects with the server and sends a test message etc I just don't receive it I can connect to the internet via skype and have a conversation I can go to google and do a search and have the results returned BUT when i try to actually go to one of these pages it doesn't connect and times out I don't get it - I can send emails I can use skype I can use Google but I can't receive emails or see other webpages when using Wireless but can do everything on ethernet cable Any ideas I tried turning off windows firewall but same result Looked at my anti-virus BitDefender but can't see anything obvious Any help would be much appreciated Thanks Tom

A:Weird Internet Connection issue

Quote:

Originally Posted by discotom

Hi,

I'm running Win 7 on a laptop in an office environment.

When i connect to the internet using the ethernet cable at the office everything is fine BUT when i attempt to connect via wireless at the office the following weird things happen:

1. I can send email with Outlook but i can't receive them even though by testing the account settings it successfully connects with the server and sends a test message etc. I just don't receive it.
2. I can connect to the internet via skype and have a conversation
3. I can go to google and do a search and have the results returned. BUT when i try to actually go to one of these pages it doesn't connect and times out.

I don't get it - I can send emails, I can use skype, I can use Google, but I can't receive emails or see other webpages when using Wireless, but can do everything on ethernet cable...

Any ideas?

I tried turning off windows firewall but same result. Looked at my anti-virus (BitDefender) but can't see anything obvious....

Any help would be much appreciated...

Thanks

Tom

Hi Tom,

Just a few questions so we can get to the bottom of this :)

What model laptop do you have?
What model is the router that is broadcasting the wireless?
When you are sending emails via outlook, are the emails definitely going into the sent items? Or are they pooling in the outbox?
What kind of wireless password do you use? Wep? Wpa?
How many others use the same wireless network?
Does anyone else in the office suffer the same issue?

Hope that's not too hard to answer :)

L

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/weird-internet-connection-issue-608192.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I am currently using the wifi on my computer, but it randomly disconnects and does not register any internet connection at all. I then click the trouble shooting button which fixes the issue, but only for a couple minutes or so before the issue repeats. In the trouble shooting window, I keep receiving two error messages and they are...

A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken

Problem with wireless adapter or access point.

The trouble shooting window says it fixes the wireless adapter part, but only detects the network cable. However, every time the wifi drops, both issues are still there.

I greatly appreciate anybody taking time to help figure this issue out.

A:Windows 7 Internet Connection Issue

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Do you have a wireless program installed that controls your Wi-Fi setting?

Also, it will help us troubleshoot your issue if you can provide us some more info. by following the preposting guidelines here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/345936-windows-7-internet-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 52.46%

For the last couple of weeks or so I ve been regularly getting the An error has occurred Please try again later message when trying to watch YouTube video clips I found a solution to the problem on YouTube itself Please read on the Internet Issue Connection Comodo & solution went as follows Go to Start gt Go to Network gt Click on Local Area Connection gt Click on Properties gt Click on Internet Protocol gt Uncheck Obtain DNS Server Automatically gt Check Use The Following DNS Server Addresses I then filled in the two boxes with the numbers and then click OK Apparently this is Google s own DNS servers which are supposed to be much faster and more reliable Now my Internet connection does seem to be better on YouTube but the problem hasn t been Internet Connection Issue & Comodo fixed entirely and doesn t seem to be as great a fix as the guy in the video makes out Anyway on starting up my PC I m now getting this window see screenshot every time What s going on here and is it a problem My O S is Windows XP nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

have Windows Vista Business and a broadband internet connection. I am also using a Netgear DG834G router. I have had it working previously, but recently however I cannot seem to connect to the internet via the router. I can connect to the network but then recieve the "explorer cannot display the webpage" piece.

I have tried resetting the router. Is there a particular configuration that will get it to work?

Anyone's help is much appreciated -i want my ps3 wireless back!

Tom

A:Wireless Internet Connection Issue

Did the router come with any software?
If it didnt you may want to go to the venders website, you may have to insert your Isp information back into it, eg: Username , password , Email Adress

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/199267-wireless-internet-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Have a friend that needed help setting up his Dial Up internet access no broadband Connection Dialup Internet Issue available in his area Been a LONG time since Ive had to troubleshoot a dialup issue and Im stumped Heres the sitution Dell p with windows XP Home I have verified that the modem driver is installed correctly He has both an Earthlink and AOL account So I click the dialup connection the phone dials and connects I open a command box and do ipconfig all he is getting an IP address gateway and DNS servers I can physically ping the gate way and dns Dialup Internet Connection Issue servers by IP I am however NOT resolvng DNS ie ping www yahoo com does not resolve to a numeric IP addy I understand that this is the problem Opening IE i get the page not found Downloaded firefox for him and get the same issue Recreated the dialup connection reset all IE explorer settings The symptoms are the some with both AOL and Earthlink no DNS resolution Is there something that I am overlooking simple here Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Dialup Internet Connection Issue

Go to START > RUN > Type CMD and hit enter.

Type: ipconfig /flushdns at the prompt and hit enter. See if it works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dialup-internet-connection-issue.555315/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have Vista home issue connection ) (local Internet basic bit And I am connected to DSL via ethernet wired About a week ago I stared having a issue that my browsers would stop working both firefox Internet issue (local connection ) and internet explorer I would get the typical error saying the connection has been reset My modem was showing that I am connected tho At the same time my AIM messenger was working fine I was still connected and able to send and receive messages I tried to reset my modem that didn't work So I restarted my pc and that seemed to fix it This has continued to happen daily now usually around the same timeframe too I have scanned my pc with avast super anti spyware and malwarebytes and they haven't found anything wrong Internet issue (local connection ) I tried disabling my firewal pc tools firewalls plus that didn't work I read that zonealarm could cause this issue and i had it in the past but it's been long uninstalled The last thing i tried was Internet issue (local connection ) i disabled avast web scanner and i reset the TCP IP Winsock And again it didn't work Could anyone shed some light on what the issue may be having to restart often is getting a tad annoying Thanks

A:Internet issue (local connection )

How strange that you couldn't access web pages, but you could use AIM. Although, that would use a different port.

Open a command prompt and try pinging an ip address.

C: ping "www.yahoo.com" (without the quotes)

Was is successful?

C: ping 128.163.1.6

successful?

Update your network card to the newest driver.

Run C: ipconfig /all > config.txt

upload config.txt to us here.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/249757-internet-issue-local-connection.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm using my sons pc cuz my new one, an HP 110-430 Windows 8.1 won't connect or keeps blinking in/out of internet connection. Comcast and myself have done many things to correct this to no avail. My daughter has just done a complete system recovery to the day I bought it, 01/13/15. We are using an ARRIS TG862 BOX, Power, US/DS, Online, WiFi, Tel. Please help

A:Windows 8.1 internet connection issue

won't connect or keeps blinking in/out of internet connection.Click to expand...

By "won't connect"do you mean to your network? Or connects but does not have internet access? By ethernet? By Wi-Fi? Or both?

By "blinking in/out of internet connection" do you mean connects/disconnects from your network or stays connected by keeps losing internet access? By ethernet? By Wi-Fi? Or both?

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-1-internet-connection-issue.1143343/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello friends,
I bought 2 LG BD550 DVD players and connected 1 of them using the Netgear HOme connect (uses home electric circuit) to connect to my Airlink N router, so that I can connect to the Internet, but no joy! I tried that same connection on my laptop and works fine. I can browse the net. Tried Static IP and DHCP on the LG but no joy..any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lg-bd550-internet-connection-issue.1016956/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I am attempting to set up a basic internet connection and am having difficulties doing it. My 1394 network adapter is not sending or receiving a connection.

Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Jstealth

Relevancy 51.6%

My internet Firefox AND Internet Explorer have been acting very strange lately When I click links it just says done every time Eventually after clicking them enough it will go through and load the page the link goes to but images usually don't load because the connection gets interrupted again I have been having a trojan problem lately and have had trouble removing it through Symantec Housecall and Malwarebytes Anti Malware so this is probably one of my last resorts I could not get the DDS file to execute but I issue Internet not keeps a interrupted, getting connection hardware though do have a HijackThis log and RootRepeal log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Internet connection keeps getting interrupted, not a hardware issue though Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system agrsmsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink KeyboardSurrogate exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM WISPTIS EXEC WINDOWS System tabbtnu exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TCServer exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XboxStat exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system qwkwj exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATICDA EXEC Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files Xfire Xfire exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Last fm LastFM exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTE EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myspace com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www myspace com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myspace com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by MySpaceR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer proxy sdsmt edu R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt localO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA ... Read more

A:Internet connection keeps getting interrupted, not a hardware issue though

Hi,Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized, if not you'll find it in c:\rsit folder)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/269018/internet-connection-keeps-getting-interrupted-not-a-hardware-issue-though/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am trying to connect to the internet thru a friends xps desktop. I have internet connection, says strength is good and connected but it when I bring up explorer it says cannot display. I tried hardwire with same results. I am using cpmact usb wirless adapter and its working fine according to device manager. Only thing I can think of is the Dell installed usb 2.0 wirless lan card utility getting in the way.

any steps I should take now to try and figure this out?

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I'm having issue Internet server?) (DHCP connection issues connecting to the internet with Internet connection issue (DHCP server?) my desktop computer through my wireless router my laptop works just fine If I connect LAN directly to my modem the IE works jsut fine but if I connect WAN or LAN to the router I can't seem to get to the internet The connection shows that it is connected in the network connections area however I've gone through the settings on my laptop and they match what I have on my desktop so I'm lost as to where to go next Is this a DHCP server issue Oh and the most frustrating part is that on a fresh reboot you can log right on and IE will work for one or two pages and then the error page comes up It also seems to be runing IE more slowly than it used to I've run spybot and my norton and both are clean to see if it was virus related but I'm just an ametur so any suggestions are appreciated Josh

A:Internet connection issue (DHCP server?)

So are you saying that when your desktop computer is connected to the router via network cable, your IE won't work? And if you connect the computer directly to the modem, IE works?

Since you have a wireless router your laptop works fine which is good. Hmmm...........on the desktop computer I would try to un-install IE and re-install it again and see if that helps. Also perform a windows update on that desktop computer.

I would also try to perform a windows repair and see if that helps as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-connection-issue-dhcp-server-235044.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I had a BSOD a couple of days ago, and today my computers WiFi and lan internet connection stopped working, on trouble shoot my computer had another BSOD and I have not been able to connect to the internet since. I would appreciate any help. My computer is a GE60 msi, about 3 years old, worked fine after I had a warranty repair for a motherboard issue about 2 years ago. Had to modify problem file name, phone would not allow me to copy it.

A:Internet connection issue, BSOD on troubleshoot

added new file after another crash, was able to fix wifi by updating driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/387573-internet-connection-issue-bsod-troubleshoot.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello.
Suddenly we no longer have email or internet service, we have attempted to reset the IP address and it was determined that there is a winsock.
We are hopefully you can assist us.

Thank you so much
We have reconnected; rebooted; without any luck

A:Windoxs XP winsock issue/no internet connection

Suddenly, I noticed that you provided absolutely NO useful information with your post!

You need to supply details of your ISP, the make/model of any networking equipment, the O/S you're running, and SPECIFIC symptoms.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/windoxs-xp-winsock-issue-no-internet-connection-21514.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all I have a problem which I have not encountered before I received a new wireless internet adapter a Netgear WG T I attempted to install the wireless adapter but had a Wireless Issue Connection Solved: Internet problem with the installation which it would constantly connect and disconnect from the router After attempting to find the problem I decided to ditch the installation and go back to my Solved: Wireless Internet Connection Issue old wireless internet adapter a TP-Link WN G My computer would then no longer recognize this adapter I then tried to system restore my computer back to an older date but had no luck After selecting dates from as short as a day back to as long as two weeks back I decided to uninstall the driver and program which came with the Netgear adapter I then tried the TP-Link adapter again and it would still not recognize the adapter I then Solved: Wireless Internet Connection Issue uninstalled the driver and program which came with this adapter and reinstalled it My computer now recognizes the adapter but I am now getting the problem which I had gotten from the Netgear adapter it will continuously attempt to connect the internet acquiring network address After reading multiple threads on here and trying the different solutions on there I decided to make m own thread Here is some info which might be useful in solving my problem Internet Provider SBC Global AT amp T Internet Modem Siemens Speed Streem Internet Router Netgear WGT v I have gone through the administrative tools and made sure that everything was started that JohnWill had said should be started and the only thing that was not started was the Computer Browser which was set to automatic I received a message that stated quot The Computer Browser service in Local Computer started and then stopped Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do I also ran the CMD Ipconfig all and these were the results Host name Gregs-pc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - - B- - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TP-Link TL-WN G G Wireless Adapter Physical Address - - -E - E-F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server I also have other computers in the house desktops and laptops All are able to connect to the internet I have a feeling it has something to do with the DHCP since I typed a command in and it said quot unable to contact DHCP server quot Installing the Netgear Wireless Internet adapter had to have changed something which is no longer allowing me to connect to the internet nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

This has been going on issue bizarre Very Solved: connection Internet for two days now and it s a bit complicated Hopefully I ll be able to explain this clearly enough that someone will be able to help me figure out what s going on I m running Windows XP Pro SP on a computer that I built in Solved: Very bizarre Internet connection issue Nov of last year I have had no problems with the internet until two days ago when I noticed that some websites wouldn t load I figured it was just a hiccup and ignored it until the next day when I couldn t get any Solved: Very bizarre Internet connection issue sites to load in Firefox or IE The really weird part AIM still works just fine times out of After some fiddling I ve gotten it to the point where if I refresh a page enough I can get it to load Sometimes I only have to refresh once or twice sometimes much more often it s between and times The other computer Solved: Very bizarre Internet connection issue using the router in my apartment is working perfectly no internet problems at all Here s what I ve tried so far - Reset the router and modem - Check the physical cable connecting my computer to the router - Disable enable the LAN connection - Reboot about times - Run anti-virus and anti-virus software - Disable enable the firewall - Flush the dns cache in command prompt This helped a little cut down on the refresh times but hasn t solved the problem at all - Deleted temporary internet files This also helped and got me to the best functionality I ve had since this started-- about of pages load on the first try and most of the others load after a couple refreshes - Check ipconfig dnsdisplay This gave me a list of websites all spyware or virus related judging by the names but they all appeared to be looping back around to my computer A friend of mine who has a degree in computer science says that she s pretty sure that means that this is an anti-virus measure in order to keep my computer from getting hit with those viruses it just loops back to my computer so I can t possibly access them I m fairly certain I ve tried other things as well but I can t remember them At this point my options appear to be dwindling down to a full uninstall reinstall of Windows which I d really rather not do Any ideas as to what could be causing this problem and how I can fix it Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Very bizarre Internet connection issue

Sorry, but that sounds to me more like malware. How about posting the exact display you got back here? I've never seen that in an AV display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-very-bizarre-internet-connection-issue.711227/
Relevancy 51.6%

Here s my situation I have computers running Windows a Connection Internet (Win7) Issue! Sharing desktop and a laptop The desktop is Internet Connection Sharing Issue! (Win7) the quot main quot computer and is connected to the internet via cable modem The desktop has network cards One Internet Connection Sharing Issue! (Win7) is connected to the cable modem The other is connected via crossover cable to my laptop A couple years ago when I first got the laptop I set up ICS somehow and everything was working great I was able to share my desktop s internet connection and I was able to see the shared directories I had set up on my desktop I had disconnected my laptop several months ago and it has been dormant in it s carrying case since then I just took it out today and I plugged in the cable to connect it to my desktop For some reason I no longer have internet access The network icon in the tray shows the yellow quot quot symbol saying quot no internet access quot I have no idea what happened and I don t remember how I had set it up in the first place I tried for hours searching forums online finding dozens of different setups and quot fixes quot to ICS issues I tried setting the IP to on both machines since it was never clear in these posts exactly which connection to set to what I am terribly confused and there is a pressing matter that I NEED to get this connection working here at home in order to tend to I don t understand why this is so complicated and why I cannot simply click a button to enable sharing between two systems running the exact same version of Windows It is incredibly frustrating to me and I m about to lose my mind I need help What ARE the correct steps to enable ICS between Windows computers via crossover cable and double network card on the main system nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Salutations everyone Thanks for giving a read through Hopefully we can get this one nailed down cause I m at my wits end Some background info first A month ago my pc was hit with a nasty because McAfee failed on me big time After getting rid of the nasty I noticed that I was able to connect to the internet but I could no longer browse my internal network couldn t even start the workstation service Followed a lot of advice to no end and finally yesterday I did an in place install of the xp software It went without a hitch and now I can browse my internal network again however I can no longer surf the web This is where it gets strange ok so I pull the network card Internet via issue Linksys connection WRT54gs drivers disconnect the linksys router along with the comcast gateway reboot into safe mode to make sure all indications of the card are gone so far so good reboot into normal mode again and install the network card drivers and reboot Reconnect the linksys router and the comcast gateway and viola limited or no connectivity awwwww to bad so sad Anyway I fiddle around with the network connection settings by Internet connection issue via Linksys WRT54gs assigning dns i get connected but Internet connection issue via Linksys WRT54gs still can t surf and as soon as i go back to automatic ip assignment limited or no connection Internet connection issue via Linksys WRT54gs Now when i connect the pc directly to the comcast gateway boom surfs up Interestingly my other computer that is tethered to the Linksys Router that is tethered to the comcast gateway has no issue at all I ve reset the Linksys router and still I can no longer route through Linksys router to the comcast gateway to the internet I ve tried netsh winsock reset catalog - netsh int ip reset reset log - flushing dns dhcp both on the router and in windows nothing Suggestions the in place windows reinstall was done with xp sp and updated at once to sp thanks everyone nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I am trying to troubleshoot an internet connection issue with my dell desktop pc running XP connected to a Westell DSL router modem and my fiber ISP enGenious wireless router I am a novice at networking as well Dell Windows XP No Wireless NIC card Connection 2 Issue Internet Between Routers Wireless Windows Firewall Disabled hardwired to Westell DSL wireless router modem obtained when I had Verizon DSL WEP WPA Fiber Wireless Router enGenious mbps N WPS w Firewall I currently have my HP Laptop connected to wireless fiber internet via the enGenious router and have verified the connection I have my Dell desktop in the same room that I would like to connect to the Westell router and access the wireless internet Internet Connection Issue Between 2 Wireless Routers network from the enGenious wireless router but I am having issues doing so I have logged into the Westell router s configuration via http and configured the simple set up with the same SSID and WPS pin from my fiber internet connection on the enGenious router But it is unable to find and connect to the enGenious router The Westell router IP is in a different starting address than the enGenious router IP Do I need to assign a static IP to the Westell router that is within the DHCP address range of the enGenious router Is this a firewall issue I have not configured any settings in the enGenious router as of yet Any help would be greatly appreciate Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

To Win7Fourm Memebers

I am a newbie at this forum posting business so please bear with me.

So i have a Dell 9010 that is have a lan issue. I can't access local or online resources able to ping online and local ip address. I have Exclamation point on the network icon in the system tray.

Tests i have done.

1. I am getting an IP with the correct dns.
2. Changed motherboard to make sure it is not a hardware issue.(built in lan card)
3. Test Lan card under win pe able to use internet and access network machines. (hiren Boot Disk)
4. Manually assigned ip with dns and wins both from the isp and google open dns.
5. Reinstalled drivers from dell's site and intel.
6. Updated Bios.
7. Turned off ipv6.
8. tried winsock fix
9. netsh services restart and reset.
10. Pushed ip to workstation from firewall using mac address

I am Stumped minus reinstalling window. Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Card

A:Windows 7 Lan issue no internet or local connection

Try:
- Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware free
- uninstall AV
- scan with MiniToolBox Download
- run Tweaking.com - Windows Repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/373404-windows-7-lan-issue-no-internet-local-connection.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello Was hoping someone could help I Windows internet 7: issue connection Sporadic installed Windows on my sister s desktop a few days back and ever since then the internet on it would sporadically quit working but it could still see the network I m still able to connect to my NAS Windows 7: Sporadic internet connection issue and see other computers on the network I m thinking it s a Windows issue and not my router because all other computers and the playstation still have internet connection while this particular desktop does not I m sure it s not a hardware issue because the motherboard and Ethernet worked fine under XP with no issues So I m thinking it s a Windows issue or a Windows driver issue The motherboard is an Asus P Q SE Plus and I downloaded and installed the latest driver from the Asus website I do have a question how do I uninstall the driver and go back to the one that comes with Windows I mean I know how to uninstall the driver but how do I get the Windows driver that was initially installed back on I haven t tried this but I m thinking once I Uninstall the driver Windows won t automatically revert back to the one it came with I apologize I m at work and cannot test out this theory I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for me Any help with this is greatly appreciated

A:Windows 7: Sporadic internet connection issue

Quote: Originally Posted by kman79

Hello,

Was hoping someone could help.

I installed Windows 7 on my sister?s desktop a few days back, and ever since then, the internet on it would sporadically quit working, but it could still see the network?I?m still able to connect to my NAS and see other computers on the network.

I?m thinking it?s a Windows 7 issue and not my router because all other computers and the playstation still have internet connection while this particular desktop does not. I?m sure it?s not a hardware issue because the motherboard and Ethernet worked fine under XP with no issues.

So I?m thinking it?s a Windows 7 issue or a Windows 7 driver issue. The motherboard is an Asus P5Q SE Plus, and I downloaded and installed the latest driver from the Asus website.

I do have a question, how do I uninstall the driver and go back to the one that comes with Windows 7? I mean, I know how to uninstall the driver, but how do I get the Windows 7 driver that was initially installed back on? I haven?t tried this, but I?m thinking once I Uninstall the driver, Windows 7 won?t automatically revert back to the one it came with. I apologize, I?m at work and cannot test out this theory

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for me? Any help with this is greatly appreciated

Hi and welcome

Its not a driver issue. I suspect that your problem is Homegroup. I bet you are using homegroup and IPv6 for networking. Homegroup is for homogeneous win 7 environments. Just win 7 machines. IPv6 in certain configs has issues with random drops, slow downs, etc. It is really an easy fix though.

All you need to do is create a new network using the "workgroup" model instead of homegroup. when you have it up and running you can disable IPv6 and kill homegroup. You can have them both untill you are sure that workgroup is 100%

Let us know if that doesnt do the trick

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/47870-windows-7-sporadic-internet-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Whats good everyone I got an issue with my home wireless that can t be fixed by the morons at tech support It seems they transfer me to different support so they internet wireless issue connection Desktop don t have to deal with me Desktop wireless internet connection issue Anyways I have one desktop in my home I use At amp t connected to a Belkin wireless router I use a USB plugin for my wireless receiver My girlfriend or Desktop wireless internet connection issue daughter I blame them because it s easier did something and the connection is messed up I have connection Desktop wireless internet connection issue to the internet but it seems that the connection is lost and than found again almost every minutes Anything I do that is streaming such as youtube videos or downloading from Limewire and if I open a web page is affected Videos and streaming music stop from seconds to mins of playing and I have to keep refreshing to watch those seconds or mins again Also I m a private security consultant for small business or morons who are worried about their home security and my connection is needed for when I review videos they send me or anything else This is a major issue to me for my work or my enjoyment with music and downloads Please help nbsp

A:Desktop wireless internet connection issue

I have no other computers. And I cannot connect the cp directly to the modem because the layout of my apartment does not allow the modem and phone line to be in the same distance as the cp.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-wireless-internet-connection-issue.131389/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a hp IQ a Touchsmart pc with pre installed Vista operating system After upgarding to Windows ultimate my Ethernet LAN Ethernet LAN - G went missing yes I have checked the Device Manager and nothing is there and could 7 Internet Wired LAN Windows issue connection not connect to the internet with wired ethernet LAN however I have access to the internet via Wireless router but it is not very fast troubleshooting Wired LAN Internet connection issue Windows 7 I went to hp web site and tried to download the drivers for my pc but got an error message I Contacted the hp and this is their answer I understand that you are unable to connect to internet after upgrading to windows and when you try to install the network driver it gives an error message saying System does not meet minimum requirements for this update Thank you for trying the solution mentioned in the previous Email and I am sorry that solution did not resolve the issue However this error message indicates that the driver is not compatible with the PC I have also searched for chipset driver as the Ethernet card is integrated to it Unfortunately Intel has not released the chipset driver for Windows Operating System of the HP TouchSmart IQ a Desktop PC At this moment there is no option to use the wired network connection without installing the network driver I wanted to purchase a USB ethernet LAN Adaptor but there was none for windows one or two in the market but only for XP and Vista Any suggestions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-lan-internet-connection-issue-windows-7.969934/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I m having an issue with my laptop other than my main PC in the specs specs in attach The problem is kind of weird On very few wifi places one of them my former appartment now Eduroam at school the internet connection is not working well Windows saying its connected and quot Diag nad repair quot option finds no problem but UL30Jt DNS? ( Asus internet Issue - with ) connection like half of internet pages are not working sometimes majority sometimes minority Sometimes my Outlook connected through exchange works sometimes not Sometimes only frame of the page loads and some images are missing Other devices are of course working fine at the same time Tried updating drivers from Win Update Asus drivers for wifi connection are impossible to download archive corrupted but they are yrs old anyway My tip is something with DNS is broken as something works something not DNS translation sometimes something works in one browser and not in other Any clues on how to fix it Thanks

A:Issue with internet connection ( DNS? ) - Asus UL30Jt

P.S. 99% of wifi and ethernet connections are of course working for me. But now it became painful as my school wifi doesnt work.

I think it must be somehow linked to what the AP device is or its settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/346647-issue-internet-connection-dns-asus-ul30jt.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My internet connection constantly disconnects but immediately reconnects in a matter of seconds. It does this this every fifteen minutes or so. Sorry to be a bother, but can anything be done about this issue?

A:Internet connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. Any way to fix this issue?

Is your internet connection wireless?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-connection-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-any-way-to-fix-this-issue-573553.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys i need your help to fix a problem with my laptop since a week or so i m getting the event almost every mins when it happens my internet connection works pretty slow and sometimes i lose all connectivity to internet when this happens i can t restart the service i try to reboot the router but it doesn t work i try to disable enable the ethernet connection but the program just crash After that i have to reboot windows but it doesn t work it tries to reboot like for mins and then i get an error message in a cyan background telling me that windows just crashed it will restart after getting some (event issue 1002 often) very internet connection (101) info of the internet connection issue (event 1002 (101) very often) problem some info - I use windows - I use Ethernet connection - In the event viewer of windows i get this message pretty often Event The program backgroundTaskHost exe versi n stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Action Center control panel Process ID bb Start Time d ae fb ae a Termination Time Application Path C WINDOWS system backgroundTaskHost exe Report Id d d ae-a a - e -bef -a d e Faulting package full name D F B Box neutral qk zy s qmee Faulting package-relative application ID Box Please i really need help with this

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599937/internet-connection-issue-event-1002-101-very-often/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have just installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my PC, but I cannot connect to the Internet even though I've tried almost everything. My connection is there but i can't press the connect button and it's very frustrating. I am very new. Can someone help please?

A:Windows 7 Wireless Internet Connection Issue

Please edit your image links - you've linked to the thumbnails instead of the large images. Also, please update your system specs - the link is in my signature. We need to know what hardware you have, so we can figure out what the problem may be. Make sure you put your wifi hardware in there, too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/36639-windows-7-wireless-internet-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, haven't been here for a long time! I'm currently having a problem with using WiFi on Windows 8. I can't seem to connect to the internet at all over WiFi. Previously I randomly had issues where my internet connection would randomly drop off. After trying to reset TCP/IP and reinstalling the network drivers I found I could not connect over the internet at all. Ethernet works perfectly fine, but I don't have an Ethernet connection to run to the room I use my laptop in. Does anyone have any ideas? I have an Acer Aspire 7736g with an Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN according to Device Manager.

A:WiFi internet connection issue (cannot connect to interne)

What type of router are you using, brand model, type of security and encryption etc.?

Can you post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30717-wifi-internet-connection-issue-cannot-connect-interne.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I'm not sure if this is in the right place this is a new account and I don't know much about this site My apologies if this is in the wrong category it's just such a unique issue that strange 7 connection Windows Laptop issue internet I'm not sure Windows 7 Laptop strange internet connection issue where it would go Anyway I have an Acer Aspire V p laptop I've had it for about two years and it's been working well enough for what I need I'm a Windows 7 Laptop strange internet connection issue college student But recently I wasn't able to connect to my wifi at home Nothing that I know of changed within the router or modem and nothing has changed within the laptop except for the connection issue It connects just fine everywhere else The other two computers in the house not mine connect just fine they're both slightly older desktops The other laptop that I own isn't connecting as well I've done all of the following -reset the router -reset the modem -restarted my computer -made sure all the information is correct for the wireless network -completely reset my laptop to factory default -bought a new router -moved the router around the house to see if I was too far away I don't know what else to do I've talked to four different tech support professionals and none of their advice has worked I'm coming here as a last ditch effort Maybe someone else has had the same problem I'm about to give up but I need wifi at home for school so I don't really have that option I appreciate any advice at all

A:Windows 7 Laptop strange internet connection issue

Do the machines detect the wireless network? or is it no longer visible?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528292/windows-7-laptop-strange-internet-connection-issue/
Relevancy 51.17%

I  have a Lenovo G570 , started it up , but nothing happened,  how do i get a new start-up disk to get this on line, have put win 7 back in but i can't get the internet at all. have a wireless from windstream.net  this is a a really clean machine ,but no good to me if it won't run.

thanks

*************@windstream.net

Mod's Edit: Email address removed to protect owner from email harvesters.  Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue and moved post to its own thread.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G570-Internet-connection-issue-and-Startup-disc-question/td-p/3456169
Relevancy 51.17%

I have this Vista computer of a relative Here's the issue I take the Vista desktop home with me connect it up to my Linksys router connected through issue, adapter internet reset Vista can't connection AT amp T DSL and opened up Internet Explorer amp Firefox and EVERYTHING is PERFECT I can go to any site at all So when connecting to their DSL modem direct and accessing the settings through modem I click on quot diagnose connection quot and EVERYTHING passes the PPPoE ADSL etc passes ALL GREEN And then when going to quot Login quot it clearly states quot You are now connected to the Internet quot But yet IE amp Firefox CAN NOT access Internet Vista internet connection issue, can't reset adapter I checked firewall and even disabled it all completely still can not access it I am able to ping the local loopback and also ping yahoo com and google com amp other sites but still doesn't not work So taking it home I know it can not be the firewall or TCP IP stack or anything wrong with the computer period It connects fine at my place Going to the Network screen and seeing the lines from the Network to the PC and to the Internet there's a RED X on line from the NETWORK to the Internet saying CLICK HERE to diagnose so I do that and it is unable to find the problem but states there is a problem and then it says to try to reset the adapter but yet that is unable to solve problem too the Vista OS states So I am believing it's either on their end ATT or with the wires in the home I tried another brand new ethernet cable but same issue When I click on the right bottom in the taskbar icon the internet icon states it has quot LOCAL ONLY quot connection sometimes it says Internet and it goes away every now and then but even when it says Internet it still can not access it So can someone please tell me what else would be the issue I appreciate it ALOT I also checked the Network location I put it both on Public amp Private same issue same problem I thank you everyone for those who help

A:Vista internet connection issue, can't reset adapter

Hi, the first thing we do with connection problems is power cycle. Turn off the adsl modem turn off the computer. Turn the adsl modem on and wait till the adsl connection shows active then start the computer. Have you contacted their ISP to see if they can see you?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-internet-connection-issue-cant-reset-adapter-316384.html
Relevancy 51.17%

yesterday i have installed win 7 on my old desktop (2005)
everything went okay except for the network adapter driver for (WMP54G linksys).. anyway after hours i could solved the problem thanks to How to install WMP54G Drivers on Windows 7 Beta 64 bit (or Vista 64 bit) | PhishThis!

the network adapter was identified succesfully by win 7 and the device status says "this device is working properly"

BUT i still can not connect to the internet!!

1. no connections are availble > troubleshoot
2. windows network diagonstics says: investigate router or acess point issues
if youre connected to a hotspot or domain network, contact the network administrator, otherwise: 1. unplug or turn off the device, 2... 3..."
3. did all of suggestions, then check to see if the problem is fixed...
4. "Refer to windows help and support for more information about wireless connectivity problems" .. "Windows cannot resolve your wireless connectivity issue"

what should i do i need to connect to the internet

A:Wiress Internet connection issue (Linksys WMP54G)

alm3rs welcome to the seven forums...

DId you try resetting your wireless router and or modem? Also reboot your PC?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/66556-wiress-internet-connection-issue-linksys-wmp54g.html
Relevancy 51.17%

HiFor about a year now I continue to experience an occassional intermittent yet consistent problem with the Network Adaptor for Broadband Internet Adaptor for Connection Network Issue my Broadband Router Please note this issue not only relates to my current Router but also relates to a previous Broadband Router so I don't believe the issue is anything to do with my Service Provider or Broadband Router but I believe it is some issue in Windows Vista relating to Network Adaptor Issue for Broadband Internet Connection Network Adapters Some days when booting up my PC I have no internet connection which is shown by a red cross through the blue computer icons in my Taskbar because no Network Adapter is present When I check Device Manager no Network Adapters are present so I add randon legacy devices choosing from Intel or Microsoft e g Microsoft Isatap Adaptor plus pre-installed Adapters shown in the list After doing this and rebooting or switching off completely and back on again sometimes the PC will connect to the internet using NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller I could not connect this morning and hours have passed today with me trying to resolve the issue again without success however after shutting down the computer and leaving it off for an hour and re-starting once the PC has settled down usually after to minutes it connects again to the internet using the Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller I am not even sure if this is a Network Adapter Could anyone provide information on why I experience this internet connection issue frequently and what I can do to eradicate the connection issue completely and what details I should check for LAN settings please Thanks very much Danny

A:Network Adaptor Issue for Broadband Internet Connection

"no Network Adapters are present so I add randon legacy devices choosing from Intel or Microsoft "Really great way to fill your registry with garbage.You can't guess at your hardware specs. You need to know. What is the make and model of your pc?Nic built in or is it a add on card?Answers are only as good as the information you provide.How to properly post a question: Sorry no tech support via PM's

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/network-adaptor-issue-for-broadband-internet-connection/13592.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Edit - BTW mybad for reviving a year old thread Not to hijack OP thread but im having the same type of problem I am able [SOLVED] Windoxs XP connection issue/no winsock internet to access the web through firefox but am unable through internet explorer Ive tried several fixes Ive tried winsockxp Ive tried reseting the winsock [SOLVED] Windoxs XP winsock issue/no internet connection through the command prompt Ive tried LSPfix Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exe C WINNT System igfxtray exe C WINNT System hkcmd exe C Program Files Intel Intel R Active Monitor imontray exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Intel R Active Monitor imonnt exe C WINNT system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exe C WINNT system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll file missing O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager SystemRoot system mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run Smapp C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINNT System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINNT System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run IMONTRAY C Program Files Intel Intel R Active Monitor imontra... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Windoxs XP winsock issue/no internet connection

No problem, I have moved and created your own Thread and will get assistance here.

-----------
See if you have any Proxy enabled in your IE by following this guide. Disable it, then test your internet connection.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-windoxs-xp-winsock-issue-no-internet-connection-479298.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I m so glad I found this website with the instructions and software to get rid of that nasty XP runtime virus & connection XP issue error internet after virus thank you very much My runtime error & internet connection issue after XP virus windows is Xp Pro version Build xpsp - Service Pack I now have runtime error & internet connection issue after XP virus some other issues the first major problem is runtime error & internet connection issue after XP virus that every time I try to run certain programs I get the error message Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library Runtime Error Program C Pr it is just like that cannot see any more here This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Please contact the application s support team for more information OK The other problem is that I cannot access the internet I have cable service plus a wifi router attached to the cable modem so I can use the wifi with my laptop but the PC will not connect even when the icon shows that it is connected I read some here in the forums and so downloaded the FSS and ran a scan here is the log from that Farbar Service Scanner Ran by mary administrator on - - at Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Dnscache Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Dnscache service is OK The ImagePath of Dnscache service is OK The ServiceDll of Dnscache service is OK Dhcp Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Dhcp service is OK The ImagePath of Dhcp service is OK The ServiceDll of Dhcp service is OK Tcpip Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Tcpip service is OK The ImagePath of Tcpip service is OK Connection Status Localhost is blocked There is no connection to network Attempt to access Google IP returned error Other errors Attempt to access Yahoo IP returend error Other errors Windows Firewall sharedaccess Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of sharedaccess service is set to Disabled The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of sharedaccess service is OK The ServiceDll of sharedaccess service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile quot EnableFirewall quot DWORD HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile quot EnableFirewall quot DWORD System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Security Center wscsvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type Attention Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath Attention Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll Attention Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking LEGACY wscsvc Attention Unable to open LEGACY wscsvc registry key The key does not exist Windows Update wuauserv Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type Attention Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath Attention Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll Attention Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking LEGACY wuauserv Attention Unable to open LEGACY wuauserv registry key The key does not exist File Check C WINDOWS system dhcpcsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system Drivers afd sys gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system Drivers netbt sys gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system Drivers tcpip sys gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system Drivers ipsec sys - - - - - - A A E CE BFC AAA EA C WINDOWS system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system ipnathlp dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system netman dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system srsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS... Read more

A:runtime error & internet connection issue after XP virus

Hi Mary -Please try this first. Open Command prompt from Start > Accessories -From the command prompt type the following, pressing enter after each line : ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /releaseipconfig /renewnetsh winsock resetIf you still hane connection problems download -winsockXPThank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436886/runtime-error-internet-connection-issue-after-xp-virus/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi

I have been given an old(ish) Compaq Presario C700 Notebook PC by a friend and whilst it appears to connect to my Belkin wireless router it cannot connect to the internet. My wireless network is located by the notebook but there is a red X between the "unidentified network" and the internet symbol.

I have tried to connect before and after reformatting the notebook but to no avail. I have looked at a number of threads here and tried a few things suggested for other people with a similar issue but nothing works. I have restarted the router numerous times as well but still no luck.

The PC I am using to post this is connected via the same router and is working fine so what am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also not sure how to network the notebook and this PC as well.

Cheers T

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello First time poster long time browser bear with me as this is a little long but I think I got a really unique one going on here Before I get into it My system is a custom built rig Wireless works/Lan Doesn't Internet Connection Odd Issue- running Windows XP on an Athlon I m not the most computer savvy but in my device manager it says that I have a Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller as well as a NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller for network adapters For wireless I run a NETGEAR WG v Mbps Wireless USB adapter I live in a house with people and our internet is set on comcast broadband Cable I believe that runs through the entire house and has some centrally located mega router thing as well The guy in the room next to me runs wireless Odd Internet Connection Issue- Wireless works/Lan Doesn't from his room so that he can do work outdoors weather permitting I had not even plugged in the wireless until today and had been running the hard line out from the wall into my computer Here s what happened My computer had been left on for a few days and was starting to run slow so I went to run a restart Prior to this I did not have any wireless going When it rebooted it would get Odd Internet Connection Issue- Wireless works/Lan Doesn't stuck quot acquiring network address quot for the LAN There were two LAN s in the network connections one for the nVidia and one for the Marvell controller I believe When I try to repair it says it can not renew the IP address I plugged in the USB wireless and it was appearing to have the same issue Looking around for some advice I uninstalled the ethernet controllers and reinstalled them When I restarted the computer the wireless instantly connected and I can now get on the web fine however the LAN connections still have the same problem however now after taking a few minutes quot acquiring network address quot it gives me the quot Limited or no connectivity quot error I have to work from the computer and would like a more secure connection than the guy next doors wireless router so I m really looking for help getting this LAN back up and running Any suggestions input appreciated Some other maybe useful info I run dual monitors and when I did the first couple reboots trying to get the internet up on one of them the primary monitor was not functioning and I got the quot Want to run in SAFE MODE quot prompt after restarting from that point Not sure if it s related or what not but just worth mentioning I m a little nervous maybe leaving the computer on did some hardware damage or something Also being the computer noob I am I am wondering what information you guys may have on how long is OK to keep a computer on I have a top of the line cooling system but is it still not advisable to leave the computer on for multiple days at a time I ve read some conflicting things Cliff notes My computer will connect to my roommates wireless router which is on the same LAN I am trying to connect to however it will not connect to the LAN via hardline nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

When I booted up my desktop computer today I could not get online or retrieve my email. Running Windows XP PRO, and using Firefox & Thunderbird. I have a wireless router setup, and I can access my email and get online. So, I took the router out of the system and plugged the cable modem directly into CPU. I can now get online except not on my ISP website or access my email via pop3 from same ISP server.

Under Network Connections in Control panel, I disabled connection, and then enabled connect. Then I right-clicked and clicked repair. Received error" Task could not be completed because the DNS Cache can not be cleared.

I called my ISP to see if they could help, and they said they could not.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Elizbeth

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-issue-error-can-not-clear-dns-cache.1067623/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have had this stupid problem occuring times in the last week on different websites that I'm supposed to do templates for The first one I figured was because the site was from another country so maybe they blocked my IP But now these next two I can't load or view FTP on I thought it was just an FTP issue but I can't even load the domains in my internet browser at all I tried Flushing my DNS ever since I learned how to do it I always wish it is a cure-all It's not though and I would really appreciate any suggestions Could this be a that Timing Connection definitely Can't sites Internet are Out, view up. Issue. modem problem with our internet router or whatever When trying to load the websites I get Connection InterruptedThe connection to the server was reset while the page was loading When trying to connect to the sites in ftp I get SmartFTP v Resolving host name quot xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx quot Connecting to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Port A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed becauseThe site owner and someone else can view the sites perfectly fine They're online and running Internet Issue. Connection Timing Out, Can't view sites that are definitely up. It's definetly me and it's not an FTP problem I don't Internet Issue. Connection Timing Out, Can't view sites that are definitely up. think

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/196684/internet-issue-connection-timing-out-cant-view-sites-that-are-definitely-up/