Windows Support Forum

windows 7 computers not appearing on the network map - 2010 mac mini server

Q: windows 7 computers not appearing on the network map - 2010 mac mini server

i would like to reopen the pending issue small computers the not map 2010 server - windows 7 on network mini mac appearing network with stations running windows PC ultimate -bit all were fresh installed with BitDefender antivirus and MS office brand new laptops new desktops older P desktop windows 7 computers not appearing on the network map - 2010 mac mini server on ethernet the old one is visible as billing-pc most of them are via WIFI-n DLINK router one via ethernet on the network is also mac mini server running SMB for file sharing services the server is not showing by default ether at some point i began to notice that not all computers are showing under the quot network quot in windows explorer i can easily ping all computers by IP or name without problems i can always force open the computers shared files i can force browse any computer by pc-name just fine later on i ve discovered that turning on the GUEST MODE mode in the SMB setting made all those problems disappear the full tread is described here http forums techguy org networking -windows- -problems-computers-not html few additions the new desktops do not show a log-in prompt window when connecting to a shared folder on the SMB server i don t know why the laptops require login every time and it windows 7 computers not appearing on the network map - 2010 mac mini server s easy to track the permissions also i see in the connection tab in the SMB a mysterious DENY NONE user that seems to be the one when the GUEST MODE is on Now i would like to investigate with your help why the W computers are not showing in the windows explorer network browser the GUEST MODE is more of an emergency way nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: windows 7 computers not appearing on the network map - 2010 mac mini server

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: windows 7 computers not appearing on the network map - 2010 mac mini server

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-computers-not-appearing-on-the-network-map-2010-mac-mini-server.955257/
Relevancy 82.99%

small network with stations running windows PC ultimate -bit all were fresh installed with BitDefender antivirus and MS office brand new laptops new desktops older P desktop on ethernet the old one is visible as billing-pc most of them are via WIFI-n one via ethernet on the network is also mac mini server running SMB for file sharing services the server is not showing by default ether at some point i began to notice that not all computers are showing under the quot network quot in windows explorer i can easily ping all computers by IP or name without problems i can always force open the computers shared files windows firewall is on on all as standard from installation and has not been touched IPv disabled on all i started to mess around in advanced sharing but none seems to have an effect when i force the with windows only 7 problems computers not appearing - map on network some the computer windows 7 problems with computers not appearing on the network map - only some to open server it shows in the network browser but when i refresh the windows 7 problems with computers not appearing on the network map - only some window it disapears from the main right side window and remains as old link on the left mostly - stations list normally all the time i ve checked ipconfig -all on a visible vs unvisible computer and that was identical Code C Users bruce gt ipconfig -all Windows IP Configuration Host Name bruce-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -D - B-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August AM Lease Expires Wednesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap E C BD - D - C -AC A- A A FD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e d f fffb Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe d f fffb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled i hope this might be a common issue with a quick fix before i spent hours of investigating this please advise what i should check nbsp

A:windows 7 problems with computers not appearing on the network map - only some

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-problems-with-computers-not-appearing-on-the-network-map-only-some.944131/
Relevancy 75.25%

i m upgrading the messy computer network at our clinic here is a brief Windows and and small MAC LAN 7 apple mini network WiFi server with setup all WiFi and LAN small network with apple MAC mini server and Windows 7 Windows -bit ultimate and MAC mini as file sharing server all computers have WIFI-n cards capability FRONTDESK computers running critical scheduling SW at the moment they are connecting via WIFI however i would like to be able the setup X-cable link between them and utilize the network traffic for the scheduling application shared database with R W access by both computers The WIFI should be for occasional internet use and grabbing documents from the MAC server most of the traffic will be local however Can i somehow configure the ethernet between these desktops Gbit speed and force the application to use that rather then the slower WIFI THERAPISTS STATIONS laptops with WIFI connecting to shared folders according to each therapist storing all important documents remotely with R W access Mostly MS WORD documents and some internet use i still need to figure out how to configure MAC mine server with properly shared folders with correct permission as some have R W access some only R access The main Q is Ethernet priority traffic over WIFI if that s possible nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

I've been having a little bit of difficulty reestablishing a wireless network that used to work. Right now, I've been trying to fix one problem at a time, and I've been focusing on the server. My question is, I was wondering what it means when the server is able to ping it's own address as well as it's own computer name, but the computer name does not appear under My Network Places>Entire Network>Microsoft Windows Network>"workgroup name"

Appreciate any help you can offer!

Relevancy 64.93%

I hope someone can give me some help on this one. I work for a small automotive repair shop. We just bought an hp proliant server to run our repair invoice program on. The problem i am having is that I cannot get the server to be able to ping the other computers on the network. I can ping from the other computers to the server though. I need to be able to do this so ican set up the rest of our software. Does anyone know where I might find the problem? By the way, I am running windows xp professional sp2 on the server and windows xp professional sp1 on the other computers.

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi everybody.

I would be more then happy if somebody could help me.

I have a company with 8 PC on local network. But often we can?t see one of them which is called "server" and sometimes another one. We use one AV (bitdeffender), and Code two publick folder for sharing emails via outlook. The base settings, like visibility or firewall we have set fine.

So please does anyone know where the problem is?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/386417-sometimes-we-can-t-see-server-other-computers-local-network.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi Everyone This is my first post so be gentle with me I need some networking help please We have wire port ADSL router Server - Running SBS with NICs port switch A load of > Computers Server Switch help. Router Network > config > computers running a mix of XP and vista One of the server NICs plugs into Network config help. Router > Server > Switch > Computers the router the other into the switch The router doesnt plug into the switch The server gets and internet from the switch with no problem I ve plugged all the client computers into the switch - so in theory they would connect to the server gt get their ips dhcp gt then gain access to the net via the server However this is not Network config help. Router > Server > Switch > Computers the case no client computer can ping or rdp into the server altough Network config help. Router > Server > Switch > Computers when doing IPCONFIG it seems to have got an ip from the server If i plug a computer directly into the servers NIC not the internet one I can RDP into it and get an internet connection Why is does it stop working once i plug them both into the switch any help is greatly appreciated as this one has been racking my brain for some time now Thanks Joe nbsp

A:Network config help. Router > Server > Switch > Computers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-config-help-router-server-switch-computers.830677/
Relevancy 63.64%

I'm thinking something similar to ftp, have no idea what options there are.

Have 3 computers want to network between both in a more convenient manner than msn.

Hopefully can get some recomendations to minimise trauling time. Both computers are running windows XP and are connected through a multi-port router.

Thanks for any input.

A:Home network, looking for server to share files between computers.

You should be able to do this simply WITHOUT a server. All you have to do to share files, is use windows file sharing. Let me paint a picture for you...say you have your 3 computers. One is named Suzy, one is Steve, and one is Bill. Once file sharing is enabled (which you can do just by sharing a file), you should be able to do something similar to this. Say your on the computer Bill, and you want to grab some files from the shared folder on Suzy. Open up my computer, and in the address bar (Where is says your location) type in \\Suzy. This will give you access to the files and printers on that computer. BTW if you dont know how to rename a computer, right click on the my computer icon and select properties. Once the system tool comes up, click on computer name and change if necessary. Good luck and I hope this helps make things cheaper than buying a crappy old server lol.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-looking-for-server-to-share-files-between-computers.71651/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello. I am a complete newbie to server administration. At my current job, I have been tasked with setting up a deployment server. The server is a Windows 2008 server and is not connected to the Internet. The server is a domain controller on its own domain (different from the main domain my job uses). How would I connect this server to the Internet without disrupting other users on the network? By disrupting, I mean connecting to my server instead of the main server for DNS and DHCP. The server has Active Directory Domain Services, DNS, DHCP, and WDS roles set-up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-server-to-the-internet-without-disrupting-other-computers-on-network.200167/
Relevancy 63.64%

HiHave a server linked to four computers and a laptop for a business and can't seem to access shared files on server from other computers as it keeps asking for username and password to access it. Have tried to change from workgroup to domain that the server is on so to create username and password but error message keeps coming up 'a domain controller for the domain ata.local could not be contacted or if just use ata as domain it does not accept any username or password. Also have tried suggestions in other forums such as simple sharing and creating an account on other pc's with same username and password as server. All of the systems are windows xp and the server is windows standard fe. Would really appreciate any helpThanksHarry

A:can't access shared files on server from network computers

Hello bighaz,

Are you running a Domain Controller(DC) for your domain? If not, go to 1, if you are go to 2.

1)
If you are not running a domain controller then the user credentials will not be present on every machine thus the error. If all users access the same files then you could create a single generic account on the file server and the users will need to use these credentials to access it. If the users need restricted access to certain files and folders you would need to create multiple accounts on the file server.
Once done ensure that all machines are in the same 'workgroup' default name is WORKGROUP and you should then be able to have access.

2)
If you are running a DC you will need to ensure that all machines are members of the domain and that they know of the IP address of the DC(this will either be set by DHCP if you are running a DHCP server or if all machines have static IP's this will need to be set on each machine. You will then need to add the user accounts to the ACL for the file share they require access to. Remember you may need to add the user to both the share permissions and NTFS permissions.

If the above is still not working can you please confirm that you can ping the file server and also see if you can access file shares on any of the other PC's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-shared-files-on-server-from-network-computers.991581/
Relevancy 61.49%

I work for a small non-profit so every penny counts that Advice need tech w/out computers Network server Solved: says new service call. stall, we spend I consider my knowledge of stand alone computers above average I build them and repair them But I am not well versed in networked computers Below are the issues which have recently begun to plague our small network I would appreciate input advice opinions We have a Dell main server with networked stations Server quot X Family Model Stepping AT AT Compatible KB Ram quot System Microsoft SP Stations All Dell running Windows XP Pentium except for one running My Station is running XP Solved: Network computers stall, tech says need new server w/out service call. Advice Pentium Ghz MB Ram Solved: Network computers stall, tech says need new server w/out service call. Advice All stations have cable internet via network with a static IP Recently our stations have begun to stall For example I can double-click an icon on my desktop Paperport which is installed on my local hard drive not on the server My computer will just sit for or minutes and then the program will start up I will then be able to proceed normally Often when the above happens my boss can do nothing on her computer either Other times it may be that I m trying to access a file saved on the server and the computer will just stall for a few minutes and then I can proceed This happens often but not every day maybe days out of If it does start happening then it occurs several time throughout the day Yesterday when I tried to open a page Word document my terminal stalled I took a look at the CPU usage in the task manager window It stated CPU Usage PF with Processes running The local area network is always connected it never states that it is not connected When we first called our tech he came and checked all of the network connections but found nothing wrong and re-started the server He install new anti-virus software Nod the same day because we were having issues with Norton that he could not correct and stated that Nod was the new software they were using A couple of days after he was here our terminals stalled again I was using Excel and when I tried to save the document it stalled but it finally saved the data Called the tech guy and he said the server was going bad and we need a new one Wanted to know if we wanted a quote As a side note about a month ago we purchased a new terminal because the old one would freeze stall and we would have to restart it Tech said that the hard drive was going bad and that we just needed to buy a new terminal The work done on this system is not what I would consider intensively demanding of the CPU For the most part we use Word Excel Business Works Scansoft and Internet However there are only full-time employees Two of the terminals are mainly used by patrons to access the internet the other station is only in use for hours once a week So it s not like we have an office full of people working and all accessing the network with a heavy load of work I know that our server is in fact old Why would it be a server issue if the software I am trying to run is on my local hard drive I can understand if I am trying to access data on the server I would really appreciate input from a knowledgeable person Is this a server issue Is the tech guy just trying to sell us a new server Thanks Elizbeth nbsp

A:Solved: Network computers stall, tech says need new server w/out service call. Advice

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-computers-stall-tech-says-need-new-server-w-out-service-call-advice.702346/
Relevancy 58.91%

Ok so here is a little info about the network setup Linksys E Router - Windows Machines Enterprise amp Ultimate Tried wire and wireless - Windows -bit machine New Macbooks Air and Pro Mac Mini server model - TB external HD formatted in OS Journal default mac with samba sharing enabled to Windows server File Mac from transfer errors Mini So here is the File transfer errors from Windows to Mac Mini server issue The macbook's we have connect and transfer large amounts of files just fine to the mac mini No issues at all even on wireless The issue is when trying to transfer files from the Windows machines to the mac mini You select just one mb file to copy over and it might fail at mb or mb transferring giving an error like file or path is not available However you can hit retry a few times and it might continue or restart sometimes you have to cancel and copy the file over again It acts like it loses the path but you can instantly navigate to the server again instantly like there was never an issue If you select a bunch files to transfer lets just say like files and its a total of gb You will have to hope the retry works when the error happens or click skip and redo the file after Nothing stands out that is causing this but it is either an issue with the Mac amp Samba transfer router setting or a Windows setting registry issue causing it I tried to search google but most things that come up are how to setup sharing from File transfer errors from Windows to Mac Mini server mac to windows Can't exactly find anyone else talking about this except I did find thread on Mac Rumors forums talking about it but it just had people say they have the same issue and person said he had no issues Thought I would start here since I end up on these forums for the most random issues I encounter working in the field services of IT field Any help is appreciated

A:File transfer errors from Windows to Mac Mini server

No ideas or tests that I could do to narrow down if its a Windows, Mac, or router issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/265493-file-transfer-errors-windows-mac-mini-server.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,
I own a dell service class machine R-720. In general , the system should display the boot sequence messages during start up . Like DELL logo followed by hard disk, memory details and network card/ Other hardware details etc. Isn't it?
But my machine is not showing any such on screen messages while booting. It stay blank till it enters the desktop screen. What could be the exact cause and solution for this problem? Because of this, I am not able to choose the boot options or anything during boot up. Hoping for a solution to this case.
Thanks in Advance.
Siva

A:(Redirected) DELL POWER EDGE R 720 Server - No Boot sequence messages appearing while server start up

Best to post this in the Servers Forum, here:http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/servers/default.aspx
Bev.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19986831
Relevancy 58.48%

As the topic says, I'm having an issue where a computer on a network cannot see the other computer on the network.  It is able to connect to the internet, and I double-checked based on earlier threads and the network discovery IS ON.  This computer
is able to create a Homegroup and the other computer on the network is able to see the shared folders when it joins the homegroup, but I cannot create a homegroup on the
other computer and have this computer see it to join it.  The other computer sees this computer in Windows Explorer under Network, but as far as the problem computer is concerned, it is the only computer on the network.
Despite this, when I open up the Network Map, it shows both computers, the router, and the modem.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6789f7fd-6dc6-4b5f-b997-32480bd340c0/windows-7-cannot-see-other-win7-computers-on-network-other-win7-computers-on-network-can-see-this?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 57.62%

Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network screen I have a home network with laptops and desktop The desktop I use as a quot file server quot in that all work done on the laptops is stored to the to Explorer Unable network computers Windows in see scree home Network desktop The desktop computer name is HAL One laptop is fine and sees the network The other just stopped seeing it rebooted the laptop rebooted HAL did a number of refreshes without any luck I opened EXCEL and found a worksheet that was listed that I knew was saved Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree on HAL Was able to open the file and when I tried the SAVE AS I could navigate through all of HAL just as normal Went to Windows Explorer and still no HAL listed as a COMPUTER on the NETWORK I have a internet connection so I know I am making it to the router at least And when I check NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER it shows an active home network Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree The laptop is running Windows Home Premium Service Pack Build Thanks in advance for any help George

A:Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree

Still working on the problem. Tried to do a system restore back to the point where everything was working. Still no HAL showing as a network computer; Excel now does not recognize the path that worked yesterday. But now I am able to create a shortcut that will take me to HAL on the network. Guess this is a good enough fix for right now. When I go to Windows Explorer, Network it still only shows the 2 laptops and not HAL......WHY????

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229783-unable-see-home-network-computers-windows-explorer-network-scree.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I burned a CD-RW. I /thought/ I told it to delete old data, and replace it with my new data. When I attempt to read the disc on some computers, the correct files are there. On other computers, the old files are there and the new ones are nowhere to be found. The one computer it works on is a DVD and CD burner. The other computer it works on is just a DVD player. I am not 100% sure what the computers it didn't work on had (I believe they were CD burner).

What could be causing this? Thanks.

A:CD-RW data not appearing on all computers

If you packet wrote the software, then the other PC's may need a UDF driver installed to see the new files. I believe XP has a UDF driver installed by defaalt, but win98 doesn't..

Some burning software only works with the UDF driver that was installed along with the software..

You can try installing this on the PC's that don't read the disk.. http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download.asp?fid=6944&fileidx=1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rw-data-not-appearing-on-all-computers.404601/
Relevancy 56.76%

I recently added a 2003 Domain Controller to my network. I had to reformat a computer, and gave it the same name as it previously had. I deleted the computer off of one of my 2000 DCs. After a few successful logins, I cannot logon to that computer. I get the error

"Windows cannot connect to the domain either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable, or because your computer account was not found. Please try again later. If this message continues to appear contact your System Administrator for assistance."

I have searched online, but I only come up with issues where only the users or computers have red X's on them. My 2003 DC has a red x over the users and computers icon. It has a subfolder of saved queries but nothing in the folder.

Can someone help me?

A:Windows 2003 Server Users and Computers

What is the Functional Level of your 2003 Server?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-users-and-computers.828118/
Relevancy 56.76%

So I have three computers plugged into the same modem motorola's surfboard for TWC I have an external USB TB drive plugged into one of the appearing some Shared computers for only drive computers I went to 'My Computer' right clicked the external drive went to sharing and shared the drive read-only One of the Shared drive only appearing for some computers other Shared drive only appearing for some computers two computers can see this drive Though I have to login with MY login information on that computer Shared drive only appearing for some computers The other computer didn't see it So I tried the horrendous Security tab - gt Edit - gt Add - gt Advanced - gt Find Now - gt Everyone deal So when I applied this it started scanning through the drive and setting security permissions file by file I wasn't kidding when I said this was a TB drive So that would take hours And it is a horrible solution because when more media gets added to this drive I'll have to come back here and run the whole process again Why on earth isn't sharing the drive just having it pop up on the computer's network And why do I have to login with MY credentials on the computer that does see the drive All computers are running -bit Windows

A:Shared drive only appearing for some computers

You really should only be sharing from the C:>Users folder rather than the C: drive itself.

If you had a Homegroup set up that might prevent other machines not in the Homegroup from seeing the drive.

Once the folders are shared you shouldn't have to go through the process again, although you should have set that up through the Users folder rather than the C: drive per the link below.
HDD sharing

Not sure about the credentials but it may help to turn off password protected sharing in the Advanced Sharing Settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301490-shared-drive-only-appearing-some-computers.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a script that copies a file from a server location to the local computer. I'm using the full URL path and the batch file works fine on Windows 7, but on 10 I get a message saying that the access is denied. I am logged in as a domain admin and the server is a mapped drive. I know it is a permissions issue just not sure which one. With UAC completely disabled through group policy it works fine, but from what I have read that can break the start button and not the best solution. Anyone know which GPOs are affecting this?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/50044-issue-transferring-files-server-windows-10-computers.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Here at the company we were running Windows NT server with XP Pro computers computers and they were running perfect Now we upgraded our server to Windows ever since the network is extremely slow Time to time we loose connection to the server then 2000 Keep connection Windows loosing computers to Server XP we have to reboot our computers sometimes or reboots through out the day It looks like it happends sprockets through out the company meaning the employee next to me suddenly have a slow connection or just can t connect to the server so he will have to reboot but for me I ll be fine until an hour later or so I ll have the same problem I already check the DNS configues and there are ok also I all ready check for viruses I found this link below XP computers Keep loosing connection to Windows 2000 Server but it never really came out a solution Please help if anyone has a soultion http techrepublic com com - - html forumID amp threadID amp messageID nbsp

A:XP computers Keep loosing connection to Windows 2000 Server

Have you ever checked your cabling? That's the first step.

You say you've checked dns, can you post an ipconfig /all for us? Slow logons and connections are generally dns related. NT server was dumb as a stump for lack of better words and would ignore alot more. 2000 and up are a little more picky.

Also, download and install the 2000 support tools. run dcdiag and netdiag. Look for errors or other trouble spots.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/servicepacks/sp4/supporttools.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-computers-keep-loosing-connection-to-windows-2000-server.610106/
Relevancy 55.9%

Share folder/printer not appearing on other computers
Hi

I have a desktop PC with windows XP, its the mother computer as i call it

from there i have a folder and a printer that i share with 3 other laptops in my house.
1 laptop is a macbook with leopard
1 laptop is a Dell Vostro XP
another is an old Sony Vaio with XP. (you can see im not a vista fan...)

Anyways, I HAD successfully shared the printer and the share folder before, but somehow something happened and they are not shared anymore....i cant use the printer from any laptop or access the shared folder.

Can you guys help me out to fix this problem? please

A:Share folder/printer not appearing on other computers

Check the firewalls.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/share-folder-printer-not-appearing-on-other-computers.824561/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi

I have a desktop PC with windows XP, its the mother computer as i call it
mothership has XP service pack 3

from there i have a folder and a printer that i share with 3 other laptops in my house.
1 laptop is a macbook with leopard
1 laptop is a Dell Vostro XP
another is an old Sony Vaio with XP. (you can see im not a vista fan...)

Anyways, I HAD successfully shared the printer and the share folder before, but somehow something happened and they are not shared anymore....i cant use the printer from any laptop or access the shared folder.

Can you guys help me out to fix this problem? please

Relevancy 55.9%

My son must have downloaded something that caused the network device to become disabled on his hp mini and now I can't connect to the internet. The instructions I searched online do not exactly match up with my interface when trying to enable network device using the instructions. I read the users guide and it didn't match up either. My personal network is listed and when I click connect to a network the window that pops up from the connection icon in the bottom tool bar says no connection.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks

A:Enable Network Device HP Mini Windows 7

can you go into device manager and see if their are any notification

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/enable-network-device-hp-mini-windows-7-a-558741.html
Relevancy 55.9%

yesterday i booted up my computer and when i logged in it would totally freeze halfway done loading all my startup programs. I finally got it logged in by logging in with the wifi switch off. but when i got on all my network adapters werent there i checked the device manager i had a bunch of new adapters but windows said it couldn't load any of them, i managed to get my wi fi and ethernet back by rolling back the drivers but my hamachi network adapter and a bunch of other ones still wont load. Any ideas?

A:Random Network Adapters Appearing in device manager (Windows 7 x64)

Delete them all one by one and reboot the computer upon reboot the drivers for the devices will be automatically installed again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/187183-random-network-adapters-appearing-device-manager-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am an assistant technical supporter at a high school We recently upgraded our Windows Multipoint Server 2010 computer lab to use Windows Multipoint Server to lessen cost and increase speed Anyways down to the actual problem We have four servers running between - computers a piece We have created a functioning administrative profile and have an open license key and have assigned licenses to all the associated terminals When then created actual profiles for each computer on the Multipoint Manager as both standard and administrative users After we restart and try to log on to the Windows Multipoint Server 2010 new profile we receive this error message quot The User Profile Service service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded quot After researching several solutions and trying just as many nothing seems to work I understand Windows Multipoint Server 2010 this is quite new so it may be unfamiliar but any help would be appreciated By the way I have already tried to look for a redundancy or a backup problem in the registry and this has not resolved the problem please help nbsp

A:Windows Multipoint Server 2010

No support from Microsoft?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-multipoint-server-2010.939043/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm trying to set up wifi on an HP mini 210 with windows 7 starter installed. I'm sharing internet via an iMac with airport (connected via ethernet.) My iMac settings appear to be correct (I can connect my iPod Touch and Kindle no problem.)
When I try to connect the HP my network name appears in the list of available wifi sources and lists all the details (WEP, 802.11n, SSID) but when I click 'connect' it says 'Windows was unable to connect' without requesting a password (and troubleshooting finds no problems.)

I've tried different settings (changing my network name, password, and from 40-bit {5 digit password} to 128-bit {13 digit password}) with no success. I've tried manually adding the network to the HP through the Network and sharing centre with no luck either.

Any suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/ima...lies/smile.gif

A:HP Mini 210 on Windows 7 starter can see wifi network but can't connct

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Instead of using WEP which can be hacked easily, I would try changing your network security to WPA2.
Here's How: What AirPort security settings should I choose? | Mac Support Central

Now, see if you can connect your HP Mini, then configure the rest of your wireless devices as well to connect to a higher wireless security.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/203199-hp-mini-210-windows-7-starter-can-see-wifi-network-but-cant-connct.html
Relevancy 54.18%

The facts...

I recently reconfigured/renamed a computer (bought earlier this summer) in our office to a new user (the users old machine was retired). In any case, I noticed that Excel, Outlook and Word no longer appeared in Start Menu > All Programs >Microsoft Office folder (it did show up for the previous user). Other products such as Access, OneNote and Powerpoint are still listed.

Not really a problem since I went to Program Files (x86), found the MS folder and pinned the .exe's to the Taskbar and Start Menu. Everything works fine.

I would just like to know why they are not listed in Start Menu > All Programs >Microsoft Office folder.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rob

A:MS Office 2010 not appearing in Start Menu

That is pretty odd,
Especially if the start menu properties/ both Privacy boxes were checked,
Customize did you try Use default settings ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/301990-ms-office-2010-not-appearing-start-menu.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I hope you can help us I have tried searching for at a solution but I haven t found one My OS is Windows x think it is can't 8.1 network other computers x64 Windows on see home edition with an HP Envy computer I have two windows server and computers with windows and Windows 8.1 x64 can't see other computers on network with Mac OS X The computers with windows bit x can see the servers and the other computers that are connected to our Wi-Fi network But there are two computers with windows x which can t see the servers and the other computers and devices that are connected to the same Windows 8.1 x64 can't see other computers on network Wi-Fi I have looked at the solution found W K Server can access W W computer cant see W K server Have also tried post in that thread too but that din't work either But I can t find Local Security Policy and I have read it is because we don t have windows pro Why is it only the x windows computers that can t see other devices on the network Do you have a solution that can solve this problem If you need more information to solve the problem just ask - - Simon

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/63861-windows-8-1-x64-cant-see-other-computers-network.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

So here's my situation. My desktop and laptop are both connected to the same network.
My desktop is connected to the router via ethernet cable and my laptop is connected via wifi. Both have internet.
If both computers are connected to the same network, shouldn't I be able to see them in the "Networks" list
under Computer in the My Computer window?

Of course, right? Well, I don't. So I did a little test. I turned off my firewall and guess what? I can see them.

But I don't want to keep my firewall off though. I mean, isn't there another way?

Isn't the whole point of belonging to a homegroup in Windows 7 to be able to connect to other network computers without having to turn off your firewall?

Or am I doing something wrong? Please help.

Thanks,
Navi.

Relevancy 53.75%

I recently acquired another laptop with windows and I am trying to network it with my existing windows laptop In all honesty I do not like using the new quot Homegroup quot that has All I want is to network it regurlary like i did on my XP machines If I open the Network window from the desktop I do see both computers from both computers also but from computer the new one I can double click the other computer and see the shares on that computer but if I try to open a shared folder I get the error quot Windows cannot access Joe-Laptop c You do not have permission to access quot But vice-versa if I double click on my new computer from the old one from within the network window I get a dialog to enter the network password for that computer I enter a user name that is on that computer and no password because that user has no password associated with it but it says access denied I do not know if this is required but I did create the same users on both computers although currently I am logged in as different users on each computer How do i get simple network sharing working

A:Network 2 Windows 7 computers

Have you tried going into the advanced network sharing.And turn off the password protected sharing.On the said pc

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/157102-network-2-windows-7-computers.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My home network was made up of a desktop running windows XP home (wired) and a desktop also running XP (wireless). I have recently added a desktop running Windows 7 (wireless) to the system. When I turn on the Windows 7 machine, it sees the other two machines and I use the files from them easily. But after the new machine has been on awhile, it does not see the other computers. (I can, however, still access the shared files on it (the Windows 7 machine) from the other desktop (haven't checked the laptop). If I power down the Windows 7 and then turn it back on, the other machines show up immediately. I've got them all named to the same workgroup and in the network settings in the control panel, I think that it is set to discover the network. I'm not yet very familiar with the Windows 7, but is there something obvious that I need to do. Thanks.

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a 4 computer network with 2 Windows 7 machines and 2 Windows 10 Pro machines. The Win7 computers can see and access all 4 computers through Network. The Win10Pro machines can see and access the Win7 machines. They can't see or access themselves. They can PING each other though through powershell. I've tried disabling firewall and anti-virus and nothing changes.

A:Windows 10 Pro computers can't see themselves in network

Is SMB service running, along with the other associated services? How is advanced Sharing setup?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/34932-windows-10-pro-computers-cant-see-themselves-network.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello All

We run Server-2003 domain DHCP network and some 25 domain client PCs - mostly Windows-7 32 and 64 bit

A few days ago Win-7 users noticed that "Network" no longer shows all domain 20 computers - just 5
Servers still display all computers just like before...
Nobody changed any network settings on any server or client... All clients respond to Ping OK
Please advise what could cause the sudden change. What should we check or adjust ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/df7edc30-843d-4501-a08f-c182233ad595/windows-7-cannot-see-all-computers-on-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 53.75%

All of a sudden this week, I have noticed that we are getting a ton of Empty random alpha numeric folders with amd64 etc folders within it stacking up in the root of the C driver, some computers and servers  have 20+ folders,  they are empty
folders but its weird.
Example
0b903f0b6d3152ea1b263453
3c835ce36f44a7b447ef57ed59
8158e174da0edb2795a8

A:Random Alpha Numeric folders keep popping up in our Server and windows 7 computers C Drive Root

They keep coming back though and they stack up a lot, they were never there before it was just recently it started.  Only thing in them is empty x86 folders, sometimes amd64
As I said before, the folders are temporary folders created as a result of installation/uninstallation or during an update install/uninstall, as you can see the folders as x86 or amd64, which denotes the architecture of the installation files.The update is
of non-Microsoft products only. Check with event logs for additional information.Balaji Kundalam

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bf543d89-e9d7-4b23-a4df-a61daa1970b2/random-alpha-numeric-folders-keep-popping-up-in-our-server-and-windows-7-computers-c-drive-root?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there
Outlook 2010 and using gmail -- I delete email from inbox -- says OK email gets deleted --then a few seconds later the Email inbox gets re-filled again.

I just can't seem to permanently delete emails.

"Normal ISP" accounts or exchange corporate email accounts seem to work fine .

Anybody got a solution for this -- I've got nearly 1100 wretched emails in the inbox that I can't get rid of

Even moving then to a LOCAL inbox and delete doesn't cure the problem. I'm using IMAP service.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Deleted email from gmail keeps re-appearing (Outlook 2010)

Hi there
Found it --
Bad case of "RTFM" (or Not doing it). You need to set Auto Expunge OFF and then choose delete from server.

Otherwise system leaves archive for 30 days or until server runs next update.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/283313-deleted-email-gmail-keeps-re-appearing-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Quote: Originally Posted by Golden

I think that might be the problem - their ISP, for whatever reason, converts their email to plain text. It also could be that your ISP converts any mail from their ISP to plain text.

Unfortunately, there isn't much/anything that can be done about that.

Regards,
Golden

I have two addreses. One provided by my ISP and the other my web host - which we just switched this past weekend. I have spoken to the latter and asked if there is any setting they se anywhere that could convert HTML to text and naturally the answer was no.

A:Outlook 2010 html appearing as plain text

I'm using Outlook 2010 64bit as my client to my Hotmail account. On my previous computer, I had the same setup only 32 bit Outlook 2010 and it worked fine. On my new build, some but not all, HTML emails are being rendered as plain text. It seems to be more common if the client is running as opposed to starting the client. The emails are not specific to any sender and the weird thing is that I can move those emails that aren't rendering correctly to a temp folder in Outlook, sync with Hotmail, go to the Hotmail web interface and move those emails back to the inbox from the temp folder, resync and they show up rendered as HTML in my Outlook client. That tells me that it isn't the emails themselves. I have found no other way for Outlook to recognize these emails as HTML once they have been opened in the client. Weird no?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/150930-outlook-2010.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all,

Very frustrated Outlook 2010 user. It seems like I'm always fixing something.

The latest issue is that new emails appear to be downloading. I get a notification audible notification and a small visual indication in the lower right corner but nothing appears in my inbox.

Is this just a setting issue? I've been playing with my view settings but not having any luck. Any help is appreciated.

Oh, running Win 7 Professional 64

(Microsoft - Please give me my OE or Winmail back.)

A:Outlook 2010 downloading but emails not appearing in inbox

Oh, I guess I should also add:

When I see the small visual notification in the lower right window, I can click on it and see the new email. It just doesn't appear in my inbox.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/230555-outlook-2010-downloading-but-emails-not-appearing-inbox.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Running Windows XP Home Service Pack It seems that what I m trying to do should be simple Yet I ve literally been trying to do it for over a year I stumbled upon this forum so maybe you can make my dreams come true and actually give me a shared network angels singing Keep refusing Home Network computers Windows show Places" network to XP "My in mind I once Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers had a shared network and everything was fine Then one day it mysteriously stopped and hasn t run since even after hundreds literally of attempts to set it up again For the moment all I want to do is have my computer we ll call this computer quot Sony Laptop quot appear in its own quot My Network Places quot window - not concerned with Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers the other networked computer at the moment I have tried quot Set up a home or small office network quot and quot set up a wireless network for a home or small office quot dozens of times chosen every single combination possible completed them restarted but quot Sony Laptop quot still never appears in quot My Network Places quot I cannot for the life of me understand it If that s all the info you need please respond If you want more observations read below FRY S DESKTOP Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers is connected to BELKIN ROUTER via ethernet SONY LAPTOP is connected to BELKIN ROUTER via wireless -- ethernet ----- FRY S DESKTOP BELKIN ROUTER --wireless -------SONY LAPTOP I can receive wireless internet with the SONY LAPTOP through the BELKIN ROUTER I can ping FRY S DESKTOP from SONY LAPTOP I cannot ping SONY LAPTOP from FRY S DESKTOP I tried pinging SONY LAPTOP through both the wireless IP address and a connected ethernet cable Local Area Connection IP address connected through the BELKIN ROUTER Neither worked Some things I ve encountered When I explore the network gt My Network Places gt Entire Network gt Microsoft Windows Network I get a funny message quot Unable to Browse the Network - The Network is not present or not started - For more information click Help quot Of course in classic Windows style when I click quot Help quot the window hangs and never goes anywhere kind of ironic - don t you think It s called quot Windows quot and can t function within a window I was told by some others that I should check the quot Services quot and more specifically Workstation Server TCP IP Netbios helper Computer Browser Now of those four two of them had not been started Workstation and Computer Browser I tried starting these double click them and up will pop a window that allows you to start but each of them came up with an error message Here are those two error messages Computer Browser quot Could not start the Computer Browser service on Local computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot Workstation quot Could not start the Workstation Service on Local Computer Error The specified module could not be found quot If anybody knows anything about these errors and how to fix them let mek now So that s it That s my experience so far As you can see I m neck deep in it and nothing would make me happier than finally figuring it out after months Chris nbsp

A:Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers

You need to look at the dependency list for each service. In the case of Computer Browser, it's Workstation and Server.

Since Workstation is failing, that's probably the place to start.

Do you have WKSSVC.DLL in C:\Windows\system32? That's the workstation service, and it appears to be the missing module. I'd first try copying that from the installation disk, if it's missing, and then register it too by:

Start, Run, regsvr32 wkssvc.dll

If you can't find the DLL, you can run sfc /scannow to restore missing files.

A shortcut may be to download the file from DLL Dump and register it as described above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-my-network-places-refusing-to-show-network-computers.536504/
Relevancy 53.32%

hello engineers,
how r yo all? Guys i need your help.
My problem is windows 7 hangs and freeze when access 2003 server Enterprise edition . This is not a small network, one of the biggest network.
i have doubt on individual users on domain.before 2 months we had department wise users mean, for example [email protected] But after we created the individual users like [email protected] to all users.
this is i believe the cause of problem. When we acess the server via the software it freezed for 5 seconds and then repeat to normal state. And after some time it hangs for 2 minutes.
we r a big company ,producing daily basis.hmmmm Openly very large media and press company. please any one know the exact problem? Thanks

A:windows 7 client and 2003 server: network Slow in very big Network !!

Hi Mohamed and Welcome to SF,

Pls. check your Server's Event Viewers error logs, especially DNS errors.

What type of Security or AV Software do you have installed in your Server?

Will it be possible for you to post an ipconfig /all output of one Win7 machine and the Server?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185072-windows-7-client-2003-server-network-slow-very-big-network.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Trying to put Office 2010 on a machine running Windows Server 2003 R2 (SP2) with Terminal Services.

The machine will be set up so that anyone requiring the usage of Office 2010 can use RDP to log onto the server and use the programs there.

1) Do I need a specific version of Office 2010 to make this work?
2) Is this a violation of the license agreement for Office 2010? (Obviously I care about this less than the first part, but I'd like to know.)

The only reason I ask is because apparently my friend tried to install a version of Office 2010 we had lying around and it apparently gave him some weird error about Terminal Services... haven't seen the error myself but I thought I'd ask before I try this again.

A:Office 2010 on a Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 machine with Terminal Services

Not sure about 2003, but with 2008 the Volume License Enterprise version of office is required.
Investigate that aspect. we tried installing office pro 2007 on our TS with Windows 2008 and it balked so i did some research and there are several posts that said it had to be VL Ent.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/office-2010-on-a-windows-server-2003-r2-sp2-machine-with-terminal-services.160712/
Relevancy 52.89%

When I reply to a message in Outlook 2010 I am seeing a lot of strange symbols such as "€â," "Internet¡¦,"¡°be¡± ," "¡°buckets¡± "and "¡°lazy¡±." It seems that these symbols appear in place of quotation marks and other punctuation. I have done some research on the Internet, and there seems to be a lot of suggestions regarding Outlook and Word, but I haven't found anything that fixes this problem. Thanks for any and all ideas.

A:Solved: Strange Symbols Appearing in Sent Messages From Outlook 2010

It seems that this is happening whenever I send a message to someone with a Korean ISP. When I do send an e-mail to someone with a Korean ISP, in my Outlook "Sent" folder, the above characters appear, including one with a capital "A" with an "^" above the "A" at the end of some sentences after the period. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-strange-symbols-appearing-in-sent-messages-from-outlook-2010.1084388/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone,
Yesterday, i got the new office 2010 on my laptop, and i have a small problem. I tried removing and reinstalling office, but it didnt work.
When i turn on the Mini-translator feature under the review tab, set the desired "Translate To" language, highlight and hover over a word, i get the following message:
"The service could not respond. The service may not be installed. Running repair may help. If this problem persists, repair your product from within the Control Panel."
It happens mainly between French and another language. For example, when i try to translate from english to arabic, it works fine, but from english to french, or arabic to french, it doesnt work.
I also ran the repair option from control panel (before removing and reinstalling it), it still did not work.

Any ideas why and/or how to fix?
Any help's appreciated
Thanks

A:Problems with Office 2010 Mini-Translator

That's probably because proof reading and other language specific goodies like dictionaries are not installed for French language.

Click Review - Translate - Translate selected text.

In the Research bar click Translation Options...
In your case most likely French is NOT among Available language pairs.

If it is not, go to Start- All programs - Microsoft Office 2010 - Microsoft Office 2010 Tools - Microsoft Office 2010 language preferences. Add French by selecting French in drop down menu and clicking Add button. It will show you that Proof reading is not installed.

Click on "Not installed". It is a link. Download required language. After installation of that language-specific features you should get dictionaries to and from French , which exist for Office 2010 (I think for French that would be about 4 local language pairs/dictionaries).

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/164551-problems-office-2010-mini-translator.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Okay, usually when you hover over the networks listed and available from the taskbar icon, you get a nice little window with a few helpful tidbits of info for each listed network when you mouse action hover over the names. It tells you the encryption type, and the SSID, plus a few other details.

Well, on my computer, the information is appearing behind the list to where I can't read it. The network list is overlapping on top of the hover info. Talk about annoying. I searched for various things on google, with no luck. I tried:

Windows 7 network list obscuring hover details, and various other combinations to no avail. Anyone here have a clue what might be breaking this? I'd like the hover details to appear properly so I can read it. In the meantime I've installed the free version of Acrylic Wifi to work around the issue. Thanks.

A:Wifi Network info/details appearing behind Network List on hover.

The problem must be driver based or an add-on program because I don't get any of that. All I get is the name and whether it's connected or not. Check that your adaptor driver is up to date and/or the program you use to display the data is up to date.

Forgot to mention:
Dell adds "bloatware" to their PCs to "improve the user's experience" so I would check Dell Support for your specific model and look for updates.

Dell Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366682-wifi-network-info-details-appearing-behind-network-list-hover.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all -- I have worked Windows multiple Network a 7 between computers up Setting as a designer on PC and MAC for years but have never had to do the following task and have not found good source info through Google searches I will have a Setting up a Windows 7 Network between multiple computers quot Master quot laptop in one main room in which I will collect presentations for speakers who will be presenting these PPT Video files in other meeting Setting up a Windows 7 Network between multiple computers rooms The Master computer will be setup with folders on the desktop that are named to reflect the remote meeting room names Each Presentation room will have laptops Main and backup the presenter in that room needs to be able to access the files that reside on the Master computer How do I set up the Network parameters of all the computers How do I create folders to share files across the network I hope this is clear -- I have watched this done before Setting up a Windows 7 Network between multiple computers but have never had to set it up start-to-finish myself Thanks for any help you can lend to me

A:Setting up a Windows 7 Network between multiple computers

Welcome to Seven Forums,

What is the Operating System of the Master PC where you will be storing files and act as a file server? Are the other PCs mixed of Windows O/Ses?

Are you trying to setup and network both wired and wireless computers and other devices (if available)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301188-setting-up-windows-7-network-between-multiple-computers.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have computers on my home network of which are running Windows pro and the other one is Windows Vista home All of 7 Windows my on of Cannot only network. ONE - access home computers the computers are in the same workgroup I tried using homegroup as well but it worked terribly and I disabled it all of them have the same network settings file and printer sharing on network discovery on etc all of them have access to the internet and for Windows 7 - Cannot access only ONE of my computers on home network. the purposes of troubleshooting I have disable all AV software and firewalls For months I was able to connect to all of my computers from any other computer Suddenly my main office computer Windows 7 - Cannot access only ONE of my computers on home network. Windows which I'm also using as a Quickbooks file server so I NEED it to work started losing it's connection and file sharing with the others I would restart it and that would fix the problem for anywhere from minute to week Now I simply cannot connect to it at all with any Windows 7 - Cannot access only ONE of my computers on home network. computers and rebooting doesn't help The problem-computer is usually visible in the network window of the other computers but trying to access it returns an error of x cannot access check the spelling blah blah If I run Windows Network Diagnostics it says my computer is configured correctly but the other computer is the problem If i run the diagnostics on the problem-computer it says THE SAME THING So frustrating I recently learned that if I type the local IP address of one of my computers into the explorer bar of the problem-computer BOOM Instant access However If I type the IP address of the problem-computer into any of the others I get nothing at all Not even an error Just nothing This has been an EXTREMELY frustrating problem for me for the last few months and it is very much inhibiting my ability to run my home office I would really appreciate any help or suggestions Let me know if you need me to post diagnostic reports or anything Thanks everyone

A:Windows 7 - Cannot access only ONE of my computers on home network.

It turned out to be my old, crappy, wireless PCI adapter in the problem computer. Replaced it, problem solved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/309418-windows-7-cannot-access-only-one-my-computers-home-network.html
Relevancy 52.89%

So I had my system running for 10 days without any reboots, but in that time I might have done something to cause issues. I remember trying to remove Homegroup and a few others, without success. Forgot about and went on with my day.

Finally rebooted, and now within Windows Explorer, The Network icon will not show any computers, I click on it, nothing happens.

I have checked all Homegroup related tweaks and none seem to be the cause.

Any ideas? What I may have done, or what could cause this?

*sidenote, but may be related, a few of my programs didn't start up (even though in Ccleaner they still show as apps that start on boot).

A:No Network Computers Shown - Windows Explorer

If you removed the home group, you will have to create another one or rejoin one for a homegroup to show up again.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/38426-no-network-computers-shown-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Windows laptop cannot access network computers Network setup W laptop Home v but problem was even before v access laptop network cannot Windows computers 10 connected via either Ethernet or wireless to a TP-link MR router firewall disabled W Windows 10 laptop cannot access network computers tablet Pro v wireless W desktop Ethernet connected Internet is provided via a separate LTE router connected to the TP-link Buffalo NAS LS connected via cable to TP-link Problem cannot access other computers or NAS on my home network from my w laptop COMPUTERNAME or IP-address makes no difference Also The laptop itself cant be accessed from other computers Other computers can see the laptop but generate x windows cannot access when I click on the laptop The same happens when trying to access other computes from the laptop The laptop can see the tablet but not the W desktop If I enable disable SMB in the NAS or create a new folder in the NAS I can sometimes get the NAS visible from the laptop until next reboot however I can never browse the shared folders This was possible from the laptop a few weeks ago before the problems started There has never been any problem to access the webGUI s for the router or NAS from the laptop The tablet W desktop amp NAS has no problem accessing each others folders I have spent many days on this and lost track of all suggested fixes amp registry hacks that I have tried without success but below is a list of some things tested Enable network discovery filesharing disable password protection etc advanced sharing page tested all settings Reinstalled all network cards Enable Netbios over TCP-IP Adding a new local user account Setting Full Control for everyone for a shared folder Changed COMPUTERNAMES to CAPS Client for microsoft is installed in TCP-IPV Disabled windows firewall Blocked incoming port TCP Turning NAS desktop laptop on off in different order NAS become master browser if turned on first if not W desktop The laptop does not seem to be able to take the role of master browser Removed homegroups from all computers laptop cannot join homegroup and other computers cant join homegropup on laptop I'm just about to give up and make a clean install of w on the laptop not looking forward to that with GB to back up without access to my NAS Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64749-windows-10-laptop-cannot-access-network-computers.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I have a desktop and a laptop setup at home I have recently upgraded both to Windows Both were previously running Windows Home Premium and could identify each other on the network and I could access files on either PC from one or the other at any time With the upgrade to Windows I am still able to see the other 10 on Other Computers Home Network Cannot Access Windows machine on the local network but I am unable to access their folders and move files between machines The error message I get is as follows When Cannot Access Other Computers on Windows 10 Home Network I run the network diagnosis no errors are detected and Cannot Access Other Computers on Windows 10 Home Network it asks me if I want to explore other options The full error message is I do have shared libraries available across both machines that are part of my homegroup so I can access the video files in the hard drive of my desktop from my Laptop but only to play them - not to move them around I suspect this is either a user validation issue or a firewall issue and I'm not sure how to go about checking whether this is the case or not Any assistance much appreciated IvorTollah

A:Cannot Access Other Computers on Windows 10 Home Network

You have to map the share from the other machine. This is a known SMB-CIFS with Windows 10, no time frame known when it will be fixed.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/25915-cannot-access-other-computers-windows-10-home-network.html
Relevancy 52.89%

We have around 20 computers that are networked at a small radio station. It's a mix of Windows 7 and Windows XP computers. On Friday, one of the 7 machines has randomly stopped seeing all the computers on the network.

There are only 4 out of 20 showing up on the network. None of the other computers have this issue. Sometimes I am able to manually contect in Windows Explorer using the \\COMPUTERNAME, other times it doesn't work. I've already rebooted the router and switch and tried safemode with Networking and no luck.

A:Windows 7 computer not recognizing all computers on network

Exactly the same issue that just recently happened. I'm thinking a Windows update is causing it.

The strangest aspect is that the number of other computers you see is constantly changing on refresh.
Anywhere from 0-6! Ugh.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371578-windows-7-computer-not-recognizing-all-computers-network.html
Relevancy 52.89%

When I tried to connect to my desktop computer from my Windows 7 Laptop, it doesn't see any other computers on the network but itself. I did check the firewall. I'm using McCafee Internet Security. It came with the laptop. I tried disabling the firewall, and I still couldn't see any of the computers on the network. When I go into McCafee and look at a network map, there it shows all the computers on the network. But when Looking at my network in windows, I don't see any other computers. I have tried to ping the computer on the network that I want to connect to and it times out. I checked the other computer, restarted it. Still nothing. Yesterday it was fine...today it can't see any of the other computers on the network.

I have a Dell Studio Laptop 4gb of ram 500gb hard drive Windows 7 64bit. If you need any other info, please let me know.

A:Windows 7 Computer Suddenly Can't See Computers on Network

Can you see your laptop from one of the other pc's on your network? Maybe you made some changes to something that turned of your network discovery make sure it is selected in win7 advanced sharing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/104490-windows-7-computer-suddenly-cant-see-computers-network.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,
I handle the IT where I work. We are on a peer to peer network with a dell server for data storage, there are 16 computers on our network 8 with win7 8 with XP. The router is a cisco rsv4000, with static IP add on the lan side. no wireless devices on the network. Broadband internet. The proble is when I bring up my network in windows 7 it first show the correct devices the continues to search and starts shownig bogus computers, alot of them with names like BU-10789856. This does not happen all the time, and the error does not show when I do net view in command promt. The XP computers on our network are not affected.
Any Help, thanks
Tim

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/395963-unkown-computers-showing-windows-network.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I m at the end of my rope with this one I have a Belkin N router a laptop and a desktop both running Windows Desktop wired Ethernet laptop connects wirelessly via one of two wireless adapters--a Dell WLAN card or a Netgear RangeMax adapter I ve tested this problem with both adapters and the behavior is identical regardless which adapter I use and I disable the one I m not using When I first connect wirelessly all is fine I can access the other computer and its files on the network After a matter of minutes though average time around minutes the laptop quot between dropping - keeps Network computers communication Windows 7 disappears quot from the list of DHCP clients on the router s webpage and I can no longer quot see quot the other computer or access its files This is true whether I am on the laptop trying to access the desktop or vice-versa I ve turned off both firewalls for testing on both computers and it happens with them off as well as on I ve triple-checked that the security setting WPA with AES is the same on the router and the adapter I ve also tried changing the security settings I ve tried changing the channel I ve tried putting quot protect mode quot on Even though the laptop seemingly quot disappears quot from the router s client list I can access the internet just fine and I stay connected to the network--I just can t access my other computer or its files Incidentally or maybe not I have NEVER been able to get quot homegroups quot to work I also have network discovery quot on quot and my network is set to quot home quot I have called Windows 7 - Network communication between computers keeps dropping Belkin whose tech support insists that if I am able to access the internet it can t be anything in the router itself I believe that this is a relatively recent development but I can t think of any settings that could have been Windows 7 - Network communication between computers keeps dropping changed The Homegroup situation though has been going on since I installed Windows Any Windows 7 - Network communication between computers keeps dropping ideas would be appreciated--I have tried everything I can think of or find online One other bit of info I ve checked the error logs on the laptop and I receive Event quot The name quot WORKGROUP d quot could not be registered on the interface with The computer with the IP address did not allow the name to be claimed by this computer quot is the quot disappearing laptop quot while is the desktop I ve been trying to research it but I don t want to mess around with things too much unless I m sure I m on the right track It kind of makes sense to me on an intuitive level I m no expert that something like this might be the cause But I don t know how to fix it nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

When clicking on "network", only the computer I am working on shows up.
This is on an active directory domain.
I have made sure network discovery is turned on.
Link layer topology is started and is checked for all network adaptors.
I have gone into gpedit and turned on Mapper i/o and responder.
I have tried turning off the firewall.

I can still map drives just find and such but I need to link a program to a license manager and it will only work through the network map.
Our XP machines are fine, just our windows 7 32 and 64, that do not work.

A:Windows 7 pro 64bit not showing any computers in network map

double check and make sure the other windows 7 pc has network discovery on also because maybe one of them doesn't have it turned on

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/207383-windows-7-pro-64bit-not-showing-any-computers-network-map.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I m sure someone here has seen this before but for all the reading I computers nice XP network Windows not Solved: 7 playing and together on Windows ve done I haven t found anyone with a genuine resolution I have a very small network with a one Windows and one Windows XP computer They are each attached to a netgear switch which gets the internet from the dsl router Obviously all hard wired Everything was fine both computers could see each other and were playing nice together for months and no changes were made to any settings and no new software or hardware was added to the system Suddenly neither machine can see each other Solved: Windows 7 and Windows XP computers not playing nice together on network in the network The XP machine cannot access a previously mapped shared folder on the machine So I started trying things like pinging etc The XP machine cannot ping the machine at all but the machine can ping the XP machine but cannot access a shared folder via mapping What should I do next I m totally overwhelmed nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 and Windows XP computers not playing nice together on network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-and-windows-xp-computers-not-playing-nice-together-on-network.1078871/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm not sure what is going on but when I am working in Word 2010, after a little bit it will go to a blue screen and my computer will completely reboot and my computer refers to the rebooting as a mini dump. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Office and that stopped my problem for a couple months but now its doing it again. Please help!

Relevancy 52.03%

I have computers on my home network of which are running Windows pro and the other one is Windows Vista home All of the computers are in the same workgroup I tried using homegroup as well but it worked terribly and I disabled it all of them have the same network settings file and printer sharing on network discovery on etc all of them have access 7 my Cannot home network. only ONE Windows computers Solved: access of on - to the internet and for the purposes of troubleshooting I have disable all AV software and firewalls For months I was able to connect Solved: Windows 7 - Cannot access only ONE of my computers on home network. to all of my computers from any other computer Suddenly my main office computer Windows which I m also using as a Quickbooks file server so I NEED it to work started losing it s connection and file sharing with the others I would restart it and that would fix the problem for anywhere from minute to week Now I simply cannot connect to it Solved: Windows 7 - Cannot access only ONE of my computers on home network. at all with any computers and rebooting doesn t help The problem-computer is usually visible in the network window of the other computers but trying to access it returns an error of x cannot access check the spelling blah blah If I run Windows Network Diagnostics it says my computer is configured correctly but the other computer is the problem If i run the diagnostics on the problem-computer it says THE SAME THING So frustrating I recently learned that if I type the local IP address of one of my computers into the explorer bar of the problem-computer BOOM Instant access However If I type the IP address of the problem-computer into any of the others I get nothing at all Not even an error Just nothing This has been an EXTREMELY frustrating problem for me for the last few months and it is very much inhibiting my ability to run my home office I would really appreciate any help or suggestions Let me know if you need me to post diagnostic reports or anything Thanks everyone nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 - Cannot access only ONE of my computers on home network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-cannot-access-only-one-of-my-computers-on-home-network.1111439/
Relevancy 52.03%

hello
I have a windows XP and a Windows Vista computers, I'm able to go into the internet from both computers. From my windows XP computer I'm able to see and map the extra hard I have on the vista computer, and as well I'm able to ping the Vista computer from my XP; however, from the Vista computer I can't ping the XP computer nor see the extra drives I have in it. who can help me to solve this problem. I've tried many ways to do it but I haven't been successfull.
can somebody help me please
I need to solve this problem ASAP.

A:unable to see windows XP network drives from my vista computers

To share files or a printer from XP computers, follow these procedures:~
1. Download and install the Link Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) responder:~

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Read the instructions!

2. Check these out as well...

Windows Technet:~

File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista

Most Valuable Proffesional:~

How to share files or a folder in Vista
3. Don't forget to configure (Input ip addresses in subnetworks) your Firewall to accept sharing from other computers.If you have Kaspersky check this below:~

Kaspersky Blocks My Network
I hope this solves your problem...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/213228-unable-see-windows-xp-network-drives-my-vista-computers.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Guys I need help
scenario 
switch HP V1910
Watchguard
server 2011 sbs, domain controler
malwarebytes corporate - removed from all computers for a test
eset corporate - removed from some computers for a test
we have laptops and desktops Windows 7 PRO SP1, everyday we have around 4 or 6 computers freezing, and to use the computer we need to hard reboot, we lost completely control of the computers.

I have tried to update the watchguard, reset the switch, removed some programs, update drivers, and I didn't found where is the problem, some one can help me?

thank you,
Nathan Elias

an2nathan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/01b8eb12-cce2-4239-a1e7-edd962f631bc/windows-7-freeze-many-computers-different-time-same-network-in-domain?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I recently upgraded the Home. correctly showing Computers not up network Windows 10 in machines on my home Computers in network not showing up correctly Windows 10 Home. network to windows home I am having frustrating issues with the network at the moment and would appreciate any help available Currently Computers in network not showing up correctly Windows 10 Home. when I open up quot this PC quot and click on network only one of the computers shows up and this machine is not the local machine on of them However If I type in the UNC address for Computers in network not showing up correctly Windows 10 Home. the other machines I can access them If I set up a home group all the computers show up in the home group roll out under quot this PC quot but still not in the network Something else that is strange If I look at quot network and sharing center quot two of the the computer see one private network name and the other one sees a different name I did not have any of these issues with windows prior to upgrade The exact same hardware PC's router ect functioned correctly all of the PC's are hard wired to the router so any WiFi issues can be ruled out Thank you in advance for your help

A:Computers in network not showing up correctly Windows 10 Home.

This gets so time consuming, that I hate to even get started but I have a similar problem. I actually think that some update to win 10 caused this issue but can't verify it. I have 2 desktops and 2 laptops on the network. One desktop and one notebook were upgraded to win 10 about a month ago. Everything was fine then. Since three days ago, the notebook does not show up on the other computers at all including itself. This is under "network" on file explorer. On the notebook under HOMEGROUP , it shows a mixture of username and computer names but never the same thing twice. The WIn 10 desktop shows the same mixture under Homegroup, but shows everything under NETWORK but the notebook. The note book has become the hidden device on all four computers in the house. The frustrating things is that tomorrow, these results will all be different. So far the required shared folders and printers work as advertised, even though the names don't show up !!!!
What's a mother to do????

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32342-computers-network-not-showing-up-correctly-windows-10-home.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have 4 computers that have Windows 7 Pro SP1 on the company network.  The network is managed at corporate.  One of the end users was having a problem on their computer so I was checking out settings and ms updates and found out that this one
computer has not had any MS Updates since Sept 2015.  In the Updates section in Control Panel it says there are no Updates to install.   I checked a couple of other computers and sure enough they haven't received the MS Updates since either August
or Sept 2015.  I am not sure why these computers are not getting the updates.  

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Robin

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a57343a4-0840-4cd7-9e74-a6fa14e53528/ms-updates-are-not-coming-through-on-windows-7-pro-computers-connected-to-the-company-network?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 51.6%

Our IT department installed some old version of Symantec Backup Exec (8.5, compatible with XP, not Windows 7), and my computer hasn't been more buggy since, and it throws warnings saying it's "at risk" and no backups have been made for over a week and there's no "restores"... I think it's just not able to see Windows 7 backups/restores.

Anyways, I was reading that Windows 7 already has automatic backup scheduling, but not sure if that can be configured for all computers on the network, and that may be why they're digging up old licensed software instead of just configuring it the Windows way (is that problematic?).

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/391188-windows-7-automatic-backup-scheduling-folder-network-computers.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

I work in a company with almost 80 Windows 7 computer and another 200 or 250 Windows Xp computers in the domain, sometimes when users try to copy information to the File Server (Windows Server 2008) or to the network, the copy starts but never finish. It just stay there and the only way is to force the shut down to the computer and start over copying files one by one, this only happens in Windows 7 computers and does not always happen but it is very common

Is this a Know issue in Windows 7? What can be happening in our Network??

If I try to do the same copy locally on the computer the copy ends successfully, the problem only hapends when the copy is to the network (Just Windows 7 computers, Xp computers works fine)

Thank you all.

A:Windows 7 Domain Computers Problem with copies to network drives

I would like to suggest you update the network card driver and run Windows Update to install all the important updates first.

If it does not work, I also would like to suggest you disable the automatic adjustment for the TCP window size on the network to check the issue.

1. Click Start, click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
2. Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

3. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

4. Exit the Command Prompt window.
5. Restart the computer.

Thanks,
Suren

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243616-windows-7-domain-computers-problem-copies-network-drives.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I have in my house a small network consisting of two computers a Desktop and a Laptop The desktop is connected directly to a Cable modem I also have a Wireless-G access point connected to the modem and through this i can connect home Windows network computers is Firewall my blocking access on to my laptop to the Internet I have both computers setup in a workgroup sharing files between them Both computers are running Windows XP Home with service pack As far as i can see the Firewall configurations are the same in both computers I have enabled the UPnP framework and it worked fine for a while However when i turned off Windows Firewall is blocking access to computers on my home network both computers for the first time after setting up the network and turned them back on the Firewall on the desktop began blocking the laptop so it couldnt recognize it as part of the workgroup thus the network stopped working From the desktop i can access the laptop without any problems However from the laptop i cant access the desktop I get a message saying quot An error occurred while reconnecting to W to mapped drive from desktop name Microsoft Windows Network The local device name is already in use This connection has not been restored quot If I turn off the firewall the network connections work perfectly however i can t seem to get it to work with the firewall and i really don t like the idea of having the firewall turned off I really don t know what to try next so I would appreciate it very much if someone could help me out with this Thank you nbsp

A:Windows Firewall is blocking access to computers on my home network

I hate to suggest the obvious, but why not invest in a $30 wireless router? It'll solve this problem and a whole lot more.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-is-blocking-access-to-computers-on-my-home-network.562459/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I have a Windows XP machine and I posted my requet for help on Nutnworks about a week ago I have AVG anti Virus version and my virus and I routinely have it update and scan automatically I sent you the zipped htaccess file today I design web sites appearing web .htaccess server on my file account and one of my web site owners clients indicated that when he searched for his site on Google and then clicked on the google link to his site a pop-up appears to download a binary DOS file This also happens when using other search engine sites AOL MSN Alta Vista etc Once you click off the pop-up it never appears again and the link correctly goes to the web page listed My host checked my account and said there were over malicious htaccess files they had to remove off the server for all .htaccess file appearing on my web server account of my client web sites They recommended that I have my PC scanned for viruses or malware because they suspected the program has all my passwords to FTP web pages I changed all my server passwords online using another PC I worked with Tom K at Nutnworks for a couple of days with software downloads to scan everything and my machine was clean last weekend however the htaccess files have returned to the server even thouggh I changed quot all quot my passwords I wrote to the host tech about this and asked him to look at the htaccess file and he sent the following reply quot This new htaccess is indeed malicious - it is redirecting people to the same malware site as before It does look like only the htaccess in the quot deco quot account is infected The only accounts on our server that are having this problem are the ones owned underneath your reseller account so it continues to look like a piece of malware on the computer you are accessing from that is allowing this to happen quot So I wrote Tom K again about it He asked me to send the file to Grinler because I was having problems sending it to Little Eagle at Nutnworks getting a server error for analysis and that s where I stand at this time After writing Grinler today I manually went into my client accounts and removed about or so htaccess files all the melicious files k large however I did not remove those that I created to access certain secure directories At this point all my client accounts are clean Just not sure if I have quot anything quot on my machine that could cause the files to re-appear Most of the htaccess files were dated h owever they were all removed by my host just last Friday and I changed all my passwords right after they confirmed they werre deleted Tom gave me several links referring to the htaccess files A link to a guy who has written a PHP script to help with cleaning it off http alvinjiang blogspot com to-remove htmlA lonk to a blog from a lady who had the issue Tom said if I do a google search on quot exgocgkctswo quot I would be able to find many other site designers that have been hit like myself- for example This gal has posted the identical code http forum joomla org viewtopic php p You may also notice that this htaccess code will come up on the search engine for a variety of sites nascar real estate etc which leads me to believe that their sites are currently infiltrated with this garbage If there s anything you can do to suggest how I can keep this from happening again other than changing my passwords periodically Is there a program I can use to scan my sites to ensure everything is gone Thank you in advance Dave

A:.htaccess file appearing on my web server account

You need to make sure that your PHP Scripts are clean, and may I ask what software are you running on the site?

I had this same issue, and found that I had a vulnerable PHP Script, and since that day I have updated the software, and no more issues.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358583/htaccess-file-appearing-on-my-web-server-account/
Relevancy 51.17%

i have the server with windows SP and i executed replication active directory domain controller on the new server as i have two servers all with computer in the client server 2003 problem network client/server windows expect one client computer work ok onthe problematically computer is with the windows me problem is when i shut down old server the computer with win me drop out from domain and he don t see new server when i power on old server the client computer work ok i deinstalled the win me on this computer and i installed to him win xp pro but problem is same this computer don t see new server and he don t see others client computers in network problem with client computer in the client/server network windows server 2003 what i do i tryed to make new user account but nothing i can t because of this computer don t see new server on client computer light green indicator on network adapter Realtek d all the time i use commands ping with the ip address of server with the name of server nothing ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns ip address of old server is and new server maybe problem is when i type ipconfig in dosprompt on new server i receive DNS server and DHCP plz help me thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-client-computer-in-the-client-server-network-windows-server-2003.617978/
Relevancy 51.17%

I'll be goddamned if Microsoft still hasn't got their shit together with getting network sharing to work without having to bend over backwards.

I have a Windows 7 computer that can't be seen on the network by either of 2 computers running Windows 8. Network discovery is on on all 3 computers. All 3 computers can connect via HomeGroup. I've tried accessing the Windows 7 computer via \\computer_name as well as \\computer_ip. The C: drive on the Windows 7 computer is shared and Full/Read/Write access is enabled for "Everyone." All 3 computers are in the "WORKGROUP" Workgroup.

Any suggestions?

A:Windows 8 computers can't see Windows 7 computer on network

Xax see if this will help

Connecting between two machines - Simple File Sharing

You may also want to remove the Password in sharing on all PCs . Windows 7 & 8

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/293045-windows-8-computers-cant-see-windows-7-computer-network.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Greetings Everyone,

I'm new to the forum.

I am planning to buy the stand alone Outlook 2010 and want to be able to install it on my two computers. Will this be a problem. I don't need to buy Office cause I have a copy of Office 2007 Student and I am happy with it.

What is my best route? Buy it online as a download and have 1-3 installs (NOT sure if this is even possible) or buy it at the local computer store?

Help! Please!

Gregg

A:How Many Computers Can Outlook 2010 Be Installed On?

Hi,

From the licence agreement it looks like 2 devices (computers) - the licenced device and a portable device, as long as the devices access the same account.

Quote:
One Copy per Device. You may install one copy of the software on one device. That device is the “licensed device.”
b. Licensed Device. You may only use one copy of the software on the licensed device at a time.
c. Portable Device. You may install another copy of the software on a portable device for use by the single primary user of the licensed device."

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=13653

Please read the licence agreement as linked above.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/273371-how-many-computers-can-outlook-2010-installed.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Greetings,
I have 2 computers both running Visa and outlook 2010. One computer is running visa 64bit and the other is 32bit.
Is there any way to sync outlook 2010 between 2 computers, I frequently use outlook for email but use it on 2 different computers that are on the same network, It would be great if the email I send from one computer can be accessed on the other computer under the sent folder.

Any help would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sync-outlook-2010-with-2-computers.1031700/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Team,

I plan to get a mac mini. I would like to have direct access to the machine remotely, just like i did when i connected my laptop pc to my desktop pc via VNC.

My specific question :- is it possible to access the mac via a remote client so that it opens in a window on a Win7 64bit I7 pc?

I ultimately want to control the mac desktop via my win7 pc, mouse and keyboard.

Thanks in advance.

A:Remote Access to Mac mini via VNC client/server

Why wouldn't you just install VNC on your new Mac machine, allowing it to be controlled from the PC?

The product itself is cross-platform.

There are downloads for each host and each client environment.

I'm not a Mac person and only use VNC for Windows hosts and clients. But the product's description certainly shows it as being intended to be cross-platform capable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357054-remote-access-mac-mini-via-vnc-client-server.html
Relevancy 49.88%

This problem has been with me for some time now and is very annoying Operating system is XP SP and the problem appears when using both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer and also - I've tried them all It Appearing Ebay Partial Error 'server Found' Not Message On Homepage isn't just one computer either but also on my laptop which is running IE at present Whenever I access the eBay homepage a partial message saying 'Server not found check address for typing errors etc If you are unable to load pages check your computer's network connection etc etc ' appears but does not stop me viewing subsequent pages or doing anything else on the site Also it does not appear whenever I access any other site on the web I'm not entirely sure but this problem Partial Error Message 'server Not Found' Appearing On Ebay Homepage seemed to start around the time I changed from ISDN to ADSL and I'm wondering if it could be an ISP problem Or maybe it's just eBay Has anyone else ever had this happen I'd be interested to know if it's fixable Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87426/partial-error-message-server-not-found-appearing-on-ebay-homepage/
Relevancy 49.02%

Can any one suggest me Step by Step guide to setup Network File Server and Network Print Server

Operating System if possible XP otherwise Windows 2000 Server
Thankssss a lot in advance

A:Step by Step guide to setup Network File Server and Network Print Server

1. RTM (Read The Manual for the Network File Server).
2. Follow the manual's instructions for setup.
3. RTM (Read The Manual for the Network Print Server).
4. Follow the manual's instructions for setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/step-by-step-guide-to-setup-network-file-server-and-network-print-server.1054988/
Relevancy 49.02%

im looking for a mini pc that i can PRIVATELY host game servers for me and my friends.

i like this one here but i was wondering what the max ram i can put on it?

Windows 10 Mini PC "Win Pro G2" CRZ3735F

i need to put at least 8GB ram because as i said im doing LIGHT server hosting for just me and my friends. ill install linux

A:looking for good cheep Mini PC for (Private) game server hosting

It does not look that you could add any RAM. It is really a very low end entry PC. I would look for something more traditional. Look into the Sunday ads. Sometimes they have good deals. Here are a couple starting at $150.

http://deals.bestbuy.com/?category=featured+deals

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/41947-looking-good-cheep-mini-pc-private-game-server-hosting.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a network consisting of a desk-top PC running windows a laptop running windows and a media server NAS box NAS in appearing not Network All worked fine until a couple of days ago The laptop now has problems seeing the media server in explorer It simply doesn't appear at all although a 'device' is shown representing the DNLA service running NAS not appearing in Network on the server The problems occur whether I connect using ethernet or wireless This is odd because the desktop has no problems seeing the media server at all I have been through the various network settings in windows but nothing has worked so far In any case all the settings look correct and are also pretty much identical to those on the desktop This got me thinking so I went back to basics and tried to ping the media server When I tried 'ping lt machine name gt ' this failed with the message 'ping request could not find host lt machine name gt ' When I used the media server's IP address ping worked fine nbsp I then found that I could connect to the media server in explorer if I typed in the IP address in the address bar All this suggests a DNS problem I've since tried various combinations of ipconfig flushdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew etc but none has fixed the problem Does anyone have any ideas

A:NAS not appearing in Network

If you are using route on your network, please reset or update the firmware. DNS is built-in route device.

Meanwhile, you can add IP address with correspoding media name in hosts file for a test.
Niki Han
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f3f3be14-7a23-4602-82d0-fe6a687367ba/nas-not-appearing-in-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.02%

I have four macs,
G3 Powermac running os 9.1
G3 Powerbook running os 9.1
G4 Powermac running os 10.2.8
G4 Powerbook running os 10.4

All apear on network appart from G3 powermac.
Cables and connections are fine.
Tried appletalk settings, file sharing settings and can't figure it out.
Not sure if this is a hardware or software related problem.

Any Suggestions........... please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/g3-not-appearing-on-network-hub.403914/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am about to return this brand new computer running Vista since it won t connect to my exiting computers on my wireless network It will however connect to the wireless netork to get out to the internet Here is what I have Brand new computer runnig Vista home premium Wireless netwrok external netgear ma network tomy connecting on but computers other not vista wireless network connection that can vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network see the internet I am using it now It can see a windows computer as well as my laptop running Windows Xp but when I try to connect to those computers it gives me an error message I googled this problem and disabled my vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network firewalls I created same user accounts on all with same passords I also tried same user accounts with no password neither works Any suggestion before I return this i relaly want to make Vista work since it at last looks different I like new interface - makes my life more interesting - I know VERY SAD Any suggestions nbsp

A:vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-connecting-tomy-wireless-network-but-not-other-computers-on-network.631622/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I as a lot of people have the 1 laptop 1 desktop with wanting to have everything on both problem.

Thing is though if you for example have the same word document open on both computers, edit on one it won't update to the other even if the underlying file is synced but if you want to work on the other computer you would have to re open the word document to see any changes.

I am wondering if anyone knows if in word 2010 you can see changes when the underlying file is updated as in word 2007 you can't?

A:Live mesh + Office 2010 real time on two computers?

You can do it with Office Web Apps - Microsoft Office as far as I know, or a SharePoint Server -type setup. Anything that'll cache two separate copies in real time and manage changes across both copies so each user can see the latest and still have their own set of undo's, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/131772-live-mesh-office-2010-real-time-two-computers.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a network using Windows 7 Pro and Windows XP Pro Machines. I just built a new server with Windows 7 Pro with a Gigabit network. 1 server (7 Pro) 3 machines (7 Pro) 2 machines (XP Pro). Windows sharing on network on server. DHCP IP for network. I keep loosing the network connection to shared server file. I can ping the server from every machine with no problem. I can not browse to the network or use UNC format from run command to see the server. I can reboot the server and everything is working again. Does Windows 7 have a limit to concurrent connections? And is the server releasing the connections. Every person and shared file has admin rights to read and right to server. ANY THOUGHTS. Thanks JC

A:Windows 7 Network server issues

Have you tried using static IPs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/57083-windows-7-network-server-issues.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey there.

I returned home yesterday and for some frustrating reason my laptop won't connect to the home wifi that was working fine before I left. My iPad will as will every other laptop/device in the house. I can pick up other routers fine but just not my own.

Also it keeps assuming i want to automatically connect to one 'NETGEAR'.

I'm aware this is a common issue but nothing I've tried has helped so far.

I'm using windows 8.1, I can give more details if needed.

Cheers!

A:Home network not appearing

What channel is the router using (my guess is 12 or 13)? What channels does your wireless adapter support (my guess is 1 - 11)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-not-appearing.1122555/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi i have a computer that is connected to my router that is running Windows XP. I enabled File and Printer sharing on that computer and connected my new Vista desktop to the same Workstation as the other computer. For some reason when i click Add A Printer on my Vista desktop and search for network printers, it doesn't show up. Anyone know how i can fix this? Thanks in advance

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi

Our wireless network with a security password is not being recognised in the list of available wireless connections. I can see it in the list of networks in the Control Panel but it is not being listed in the available network list . We can connect directly to the router but there is no security password and I would either
a. like to assign a password to the connection (NetGear) or
b. be able to connect to our original network listed in the control panel.

Thank you for your help.

Renee

A:Wireles network not appearing

and welcome to the Forum

I moved your post to the Networking Forum . .

When you say "We can connect directly to the router but there is no security password" what exactly do you mean.

Let's take a peek at your network:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wireles-network-not-appearing-598371.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have created an ad hoc wireless network by the name quot Trial quot and created a network key as quot letstry quot Now I am trying to login to this network from other computer which is in the same room at ft distance This ad hoc network appears files in to network copying ad ad network computers connecting from hoc hoc and in the list of available networks When I connecting to ad hoc network and copying files from computers in ad hoc network try to connecting to ad hoc network and copying files from computers in ad hoc network login it asks for the network key I provided network key and then confirmed it now when I click connect instead of getting connected to first computer I am getting pop up window mwssage In the title bar of the pop window it says quot Wireless configuration quot In the message it reads quot The network password needs to be bits or bits depending on your network configuration This can be entered as or ascii characters or or hexadecimal characters quot Then I changed network key to quot letstry quot i e exactly ascii characters and now I am able to connect to the ad hboc wireless network of first computer Does it mean that network key has to bne exactly or ascii characters and nothing else than that If not then quot letstry quot network key has ascii characters between and ascii characters then why am I getting this kind of message But now I can not browse files of fisrt computer from second computer or vice versa When I am connnected to ad hoic network and open network and sharing center I see only one link quot My computer - gt internet quot which is broken Usually the link diagram is shown as quot My computer - gt Network - gt internet quot When I am connected to ad hoc network quot network quot part from the diagram is missing If there is quot network quot part in the diagram may be I can browse computers in the network and see other computer But since I can not see other computer this way how can I connect to other computer Whats the way to browse other connected computers in the ad hoc network How do I copy files from one computer to other When I click on computer I can not see the files or folders of other computer Please guide me how to copy files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-to-ad-hoc-network-and-copying-files-from-computers-in-ad-hoc-network-479434.html
Relevancy 48.59%

After starting my Windows laptop if I go to the Control Panel Network and Internet View Network Computers and Devices a device is listed that is not on my network It is listed as either a Ralink wireless client Model RT U or a full ariel Model KFARWI and if I right click on the device and view the properties the Model Name and MAC Address are shown I checked the Device Manager and it was not listed in the Device Manager Also my router did not show it as an attached device I have Win laptop a Win laptop an iphone android phone ipad WD NAS and HP wireless printer connected to a Netgear AC wireless router with MAC address filtering enabled When I log into the router I have never seen either device mentioned above listed on the router list of attached devices nor do any of the devices I have on my network have the MAC address listed for either device After a short period of time the device disappears I have set up my network as a private network My concerns are Are the devices a security issue and can they access my network How come my computer detects them The devices do not list either a work group or a network location so am I correct in assuming the devices are not connecting through my router Is there anything I can do to prevent it from being detected

A:Unknown Network Device in CP\View Network Computers, Dev.

Do you have a Kindle?  This (KFARWI) looks to be an Amazon Android device - of which the Kindle is the most common device (IMO).
Search Google for Amazon KFARWI

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579758/unknown-network-device-in-cpview-network-computers-dev/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

The company I work for is expanding and I have been tasked with organising the backup policy. I have opted for Microsoft System Center: Data Protection Manager 2010 installed on a Windows Server 2008 machine.

All the backup files are kept on a dedicated HDD in the data store.

My question is can I use Windows Server Backup which comes with Server 2008 to make a working backup of the DPM data store to an external HDD? If I can then which locations do I have to include in the backup.

I would also appreiciate any links which might help.

Thanks for any help.

Brad

A:Can I backup DPM 2010 store using Windows Server Backup?

Tr this link below.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff399260.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-backup-dpm-2010-store-using-windows-server-backup.964025/
Relevancy 48.16%

Our home has a mixed-platform network composed of three Windows 7 machines, two Vista machines, and (hopefully) one Windows XP print server. I would love to upgrade the print server to Windows 7, but it doesn't have enough RAM.

How can I connect the Windows XP print server to my home network? I don't need the ability to share files over the network. I simply need to be able to print directly to the laserjet from any of my networked machines.

I've poked around the forums and elsewhere on the Internet, and have come across variants of this question but haven't found any clear-cut instructions that explain how to do this.

Thanks!

Aaron

A:Sharing XP print server with Windows 7 network

Does the Vista & Win7 computers see the XP computer? Have you tried install network printer from all of them? Do you have the XP printer set as sharing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/10905-sharing-xp-print-server-windows-7-network.html
Relevancy 48.16%

We had a file server running wins in a small network with a wireless router. the server was providinf DHCP and Wins services on the network. We have removed the server and setup DHCP on the router. Since then none of the PC's can see the work group. I can ping all the PC's on the network.

when I do an IPconfig/all the node type is peer to peer, I have edited the registry and reset the node type and have ensured that TCP over netbios is selected in the IP copnfig. What else do I have to do to get rid of Wins and just use DHCP/DNS for name resolution?

A:Wins server removed cannot see PC's in Windows network

You may have to go into the Advanced TCP/IP configuration and change the WINS configuration.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wins-server-removed-cannot-see-pcs-in-windows-network.485936/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello
I've a problem with a MacBook Pro with Mac OS X 10.5.1 connected to a Windows Domain. When I use the Airport connection after 10 min the client loose the connection to the server, and the way to recoonect is deisable and enable the airport.
If i use the wire network there is no problems.

Anybody have is problem ?

Thank's in advance for your help
Bye Enzo

A:Wirless Network & Windows Server 2003

Hi enzo62 - welcome to TSG.

Do you happen to have any other wireless devices in close proximity? I had a similar problem when I was installing another wireless device in my home, and it was because they were both 2.4GHz.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wirless-network-windows-server-2003.682346/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I have some problems reaching local network where VPN Windows server stands I have a network which has a VPN server LAN ip I created a VPN server on that server with different subnet for VPN users After VPN connection is initiated i am able to acces only but not other PC which belongs to that network and Windows Local server VPN 2003 network all i need to access and I think i need to add somethink to static route table or not VPN server IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric Default Gateway Persistent Routes None Ipconfig all PPP adapter RAS Server Dial In Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WAN PPP VPN Windows 2003 server and Local network SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO MT Network Connection Physical Address - E- C- D-C - DHCP Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Primary VPN Windows 2003 server and Local network WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled VPN Client PPP adapter VPN Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VPN Connection Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link EXTERNAL IP On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None Click to expand nbsp

A:VPN Windows 2003 server and Local network

You need to either add a static route to each of the host devices you are trying to reach to point to your VPN server as the gateway to your VPN client or you need to add the static route to the router acting as the default gateway to the 10.0.0.x network to point to the VPN server as the gateway for the VPN client.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-windows-2003-server-and-local-network.980054/
Relevancy 48.16%

OK well since the guy who usually takes care of our network has left the company logging Windows server network Problems to 7 with in I have been thrust rather abruptly into this position I'm fairly computer savvy but I've never done much network administration So I've been upgrading a few computers to Windows Ultimate and after a fair bit of wrangling managed to get them all taken care of except who knew that Win Home couldn't access a simple network wtf But I've got my boss's brand new rig all set up and loaded with all the software necessary but for some reason I can't get it to log in to the server for the life of me I have used identical settings as on the old XP box and have double checked net passwords on the server side I followed the exact same procedure to set up the network as on the other machines But no dice Problem - There is no login window Actually it did come up a few times and I'm not sure why but right now it just automatically logs in and then says that it doesn't have permission Problems logging in to network server with Windows 7 without actually giving me a login window to enter my ID and Password I have gone into the credentials erased them created them changed them Everything under the sun but right now I can't even get a simple login Problems logging in to network server with Windows 7 Unknown factor - when it did give me a login window a couple of times it showed me the name of the path as lt usernamedragon gt which is what I set the computer to so I could access the internet to build the system while the boss was still working with his old box without creating a conflict Unfortunately I have a sneaking suspicion that this is what is causing my problems So I took steps to change this but I can't actually see this name anywhere I've changed the computer name the easy way but it hasn't changed the computer PROFILE I took some steps to try to change this but I can't see if they took effect because there is no login window The login window was the ONLY place that showed me this path I can't see that this would be a legitimate problem but it's hard to say Problem - I don't know why it won't log in correctly I've set all the other settings correctly and these settings have worked on other computers built over the past week and worked just fine for other computers I built before The password is correct the computer name is correct The id is correct The IP settings are all identical What the heck am I doing wrong I've got a professional network specialist coming in in a couple of hours but even he is kind of stumped I need to get this thing fixed tonight while the office is shut down because come Monday morning the boss ain't gonna be too happy Thanks for your assistance

A:Problems logging in to network server with Windows 7

Eschelar, Welcome to the windows 7 forums.
1. Are you trying to logon to the server via Active Directory?
2. Is the boss's computer joined to the domain?
3. Have you setup the network as a work network?
4. Have you setup the network discovery to yes?

Questions..

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/244560-problems-logging-network-server-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,
I was wondering if it was possible to use a program installed on windows sever 2000 from another computer on the network....If this is possible please fill me in.
Thanks a ton you guys sure have helped me out before :grinthumb

A:Network programs through windows 2000 server

You're looking for Terminal Services Application Server - which is built into 2000 Server. You'll have to install the application through add/remove program in a different mode though. Can't remember exactly what the mode is called but it something to the effect of remote use or terminal use installation - been a while since I've done it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-programs-through-windows-2000-server.37461/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,
I'd like to build a network at home. I'd like to have a server to which I can connect my other computers. Do I need a server OS? Or I can use my Windows 2000? What hardware do I need? Do I need two network cards installed on my server?

Could you also please tell me good links (or books) where I can search for some information related to this topic?

Thanks,
dsuratman

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Guys,

Was wondering, I'm setting up a VPN on a DELL Windows 2000 Server and as I am walking through the wizard setup, the part where it ask what NIC card I want to use for Internet access, this system has only one? So when I select it Windows comes up saying "you have selected the last remaining network card........" or something to that effect...

I am wondering, must there be two NIC cards in the computer before I can setup a VPN?? or by selecting the only one, that I am limiting my VPN connection??

THanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-vpn-network-card.367205/