Windows Support Forum

Solved: Unknown Device on my network

Q: Solved: Unknown Device on my network

First of all hello people, now to my problem .

On my network i have an unknown device, i am using a thomson speed touch router and he detects it as shown below.

I tried removing it from the admin panel but it keeps comming back. Can someone tell me what that is and should i worry about that, thanks in advance.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Unknown Device on my network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 74.39%

I recently upgraded to the BT Home hub, which after reading several forum posts about it was a bad decision.

I have now installed this and connected my PC (via USB) and XBOX360 (via ethernet) to the Home hub, l and although I have to wait for my line to be optimized, everything seems to be working well.

However, when I check on y network status, using the BT Broadband Desktop help utility, it shows I have an UNKNOWN DEVICE connected to the router along side my PC and XBOX360.

I have tried to obtain assistance from BT themselves but they simply told me to ignore the unknown device, as it will not cause any harm!!!!

Does anyone know how I might find out what this is or remove it from my network?

Thanks.

Relevancy 65.36%

After starting my Windows laptop if I go to the Control Panel Network and Internet View Network Computers and Devices a device is listed that is not on my network It is listed as either a Ralink wireless client Model RT U or a full ariel Model KFARWI and if I right click on the device and view the properties the Model Name and MAC Address are shown I checked the Device Manager and it was not listed in the Device Manager Also my router did not show it as an attached device I have Win laptop a Win laptop an iphone android phone ipad WD NAS and HP wireless printer connected to a Netgear AC wireless router with MAC address filtering enabled When I log into the router I have never seen either device mentioned above listed on the router list of attached devices nor do any of the devices I have on my network have the MAC address listed for either device After a short period of time the device disappears I have set up my network as a private network My concerns are Are the devices a security issue and can they access my network How come my computer detects them The devices do not list either a work group or a network location so am I correct in assuming the devices are not connecting through my router Is there anything I can do to prevent it from being detected

A:Unknown Network Device in CP\View Network Computers, Dev.

Do you have a Kindle?  This (KFARWI) looks to be an Amazon Android device - of which the Kindle is the most common device (IMO).
Search Google for Amazon KFARWI

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579758/unknown-network-device-in-cpview-network-computers-dev/
Relevancy 64.07%

Since i got sky broadband it's always been running super slow, the amount of times i have called them is ridiculous.
So i have just been looking around on the sky address to see if i can fix it and in my Attached devices i have, the pc, an ipod touch and an unknown device. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the slow speeds and maybe it's somehow 'stealing' my broadband.
I've read a previous post of the same type but that wasnt for sky.
i ran the ipconfig/all into CMD so if you think you might be able to help ill show the results.
Thanks, Dan

A:Unknown device in my Network: please help!!

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Are you using encryption on your wireless access point? If not, you should be, preferably WPA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-device-in-my-network-please-help.975684/
Relevancy 64.07%

Curious. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the HomeGroup feature in Win 7. When I select the option to view "Network Computers and Devices," I notice an unknown router? How/ why would a router that isn't part of my homegroup be listed as a device on the group?

Please help and advise!

M8

A:Unknown Network Device

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

You did not specify if this computer is a desktop or laptop computer.

If you could also post the make and model number of this computer that would also be helpful.

How are you connecting to the Internet? Are you using an Ethernet cable, or wireless?

If you have a laptop, there is a chance someone connected to the Internet by connecting through a wireless router and those settings were saved to the home group.

Once you post back the information I requested, it will be a little easier to answer your questions.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346570/unknown-network-device/
Relevancy 64.07%

i have windows 7 ultimate, and when i go to the network area to see the other two computers i have at home that are in the same workgroup i see a device in the network infrastructure area that says DGN2000, i have no clue what it is (actually i searched google for DGN2000 and the results said something about a router with builtin dsl modem, but i don't have that, i have a belkin wireless router hooked into my speedstream 4100 for my SBC (now att) internet) so the question is WTF is that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-network-device.918999/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,

Just now I got a notice of a new unknown device connecting to my network. I have not seen the device name before, and have no idea what is going on. When I try to look up this device, it says Windows can't access name. When I try to find more details, it says "The network path was not found." It's currently 6am in the US so I doubt someone has gained access to my network unless they're morning intruders.

I don't really understand what is going on. I've never seen this notice before.

Edit: Upon viewing my network again, this device no longer shows.

A:New/unknown device connected to network - cannot access

You should be able to see it on the router and see if it's connected via wireless or cable note your normal Mac address now so you can identify it.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/124107-new-unknown-device-connected-network-cannot-access.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Forum,

I have a Inspirion 1150
Broadcom 440x10/100 network controller.

This is my problem:
In Device Manager,
I have 1 installed network controller that is running properly, but I have 1 that has a yellow ? with a !.
This is what it says:

Network Controller, in properties it shows the Manufacturer as "Unknown," and the Driver status says, "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

I have tried to un-install controller, it comes back.

What do I do with this "Generic" controller that has no name, I dont know what driver to look for because I dont know what it is.

Please Help...
RICK...

Relevancy 62.78%

I cannot currently get online through wifi or an eithernet cable. In my device manager one iteam is listed as an 'unknown device' and I believe it may be my network driver. Also I get a driver error when trying to connect to my wifi, but I am able to see my wifi and connect to it with my phone. I'm assuming I'll need some sort of driver download, but being as my older phone is the only way I can get in the internet right now it's been hard tracking down what I need. I own a NV57H20u laptop. If someone could link the download for me that would great. Or let me know what I should do instead. Also I've already ran the computer in safe mode with networking and AVG as well as Malwarebytes without any luck.

A:Network driver is listed as 'unknown device'

On the unknown device in Device Manager, right click and select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware ID's in the dropdown box. Please copy and paste the first line in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552827/network-driver-is-listed-as-unknown-device/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen A friend Network Installs as Unknown Device Adapter from work brought his computer to my attention because in the past I ve been able to help a few other coworkers However this gentleman is running WIndows XP Media Center edition His Network Adapter Installs as Unknown Device label states that there is an internal card of WM abg This computer is a Gateway I Network Adapter Installs as Unknown Device know I know mx Here s what I ve been able to find so far The network card worked at some point Whether he messed with the settings and screwed something up or whatever that has changed I checked the device manager and found that both the ethernet port and the wireless were installed to unknown devices I surfed over to driver support on gateway for his model of computer I tried to update the drivers with no success I then uninstalled the original drivers restarted the computer and found that windows would try to install the driver on its own unsuccessfully every time I knew at that point windows had to be finding its own drivers somewhere on the computer and if they weren t working I needed to stop this behavior I cleared the temp files cleared the obvious cabs from previous misintallations and then manually deleted the drivers related to the network card and restarted At that point I was able to install the gateway drivers however the same behavior occurs where the network card continues to fall into unknown drivers Now I figured this morning maybe some of the unknown drivers that aren t network-related need to be installed properly in order for the network card to be functional I m losing ideas and I d hate to waste a weekend going through needless steps I ve read up on this issue and it appears that this card does have some issues installing For the records as well I Network Adapter Installs as Unknown Device have installed using the intel drivers from the intel website and that has not worked either Any ideas I ve thought about updating his service pack to three reinstalling windows etc but there s no reason this network card should not be working if it was part of the original installation on the laptop Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated I ve attached a screenshot of what I see in the device manager as well nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-installs-as-unknown-device.729826/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all- In the last week I have noticed that a mystery phone has been listed in my network devices list It was quite clearly not mine I immediately recorded its MAC address and tried with no luck to get windows to tell me more My Asus router did not list network appearing device in list phones Unknown the Unknown phones appearing in network device list MAC address as connected to my home wifi Googling revealed no useful Unknown phones appearing in network device list info I did not have a password on my login stoopid so I applied Unknown phones appearing in network device list one and rebooted Today I noticed a similar phone unknown to me listed in my laptop network device list Again it is quote clearly not mine MacAddressLookup org did not have a listing for the MAC address this time Windows was unable to give me the serial number IP address or phone number in either event A fresh full scan with a fully updated Avast found nothing Spybot S amp D is now running Needless to say I am concerned I don't know if this is some hack attempt or malware Could this be just a couple of random phones trying to connect to anything they see This seems to be just my laptop I have no evidence to suggest my router was accessed Thank you for any help amp insights anyone can provide Cheers- Oli Links to images of network devices list amp windows properties of the unknown phones Samsung amp Xiaomi Windows My laptop connects to my home network via wifi Bluetooth is disabled No LAN connection is present My ASUS router AC U reports no devices attached to my network that I don't recognise Phone SAMSUNG MOBILE MAC b a f Phone Manufacturer Xiaomi MAC df dd a

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547885/unknown-phones-appearing-in-network-device-list/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/46985-network-devices-listed-under-unknown-device-manager.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I upgraded to Windows a while back Every time I open the computer I get a pop-up notification telling me the USB device is unrecognized I have no USB devices in any of my USB ports I sent my computer in twice No help They just uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything and told me it should be fixed It is not I then went about updating every driver in my Device Manager I uninstalled the Unknown USB Device and then updated other drivers Certain drivers such as PCI Express Root Port - C (Device Request Device Descriptor Device USB USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&7de72a2&0&3 Failed) Unknown when updating would also reinstall the Unknown USB Device which I would then uninstall and keep working down the list Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&7de72a2&0&3 Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) At the end of updating EVERYTHING I scanned for hardware changes and quot found quot the Unknown USB Device nbsp From what I can tell and I know very little about this stuff my computer can't name one of my USB ports Since it can't figure out what it's called it can't download the proper driver for it Since it can't download the proper driver it can't work properly The practical result from this is that one of my three USB ports does nothing when I put in any USB item connect my android phone thumb drive presentation clicker etc I've looked on tons of forums My current thought is that if I can tell my computer what the deice is or download the right driver and tell my computer to use that driver for this device it should solve my issue But I don't know how to know what the name of the USB port should be I imagine it would be something similar to the other USB ports I don't know who made the USB port I don't know where to search for the drivers on my own and I don't know how to tell my computer to use a downloaded drive for a specific USB Port since it usually coordinates all that on its own I've been on lots of forums and tried lots of solutions Anyone think they can help me with my problem

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/51d96031-1f7e-4d92-8d25-782f6c799d5f/device-usbvid0000amppid00026amp7de72a2amp0amp3-unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi folks , I'm having the devil of a job trying to get the sound running on a friend's PC . XP Pro (32-bit) installed on Asrock Conroe Presler 775i945GZ (64-bit) motherboard . I've installed chipset and realtek audio drivers appropriate to the mobo (from Asrock site) but Device Manager still shows an unknown PCI Device under Other Devices and onboard sound isn't working . There are no PCI cards installed and onboard audio is enabled in BIOS . Could there be an issue with a 32-bit OS being installed on a 64-bit mobo ? I wouldn't have thought so but have little experience with 64-bit .

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 57.19%

I have a IBM windows 2000 system and it wont recognize the cd-rom I tried unistalling an reistall but the device manager reads windows cannot install the drivers I also have a unknown pci device PCI bus 0, device 31, function 3 also state the drivers are not installed,when I try to install the drivers they cant be found I downloaded the device identifier but clueless where to go it shows it as being Intel 24D3h82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R)SMbus controller I think these two are tied together?? also the computer wont assign a drive letter but the CD-ROM is listed in the device manager any help???

Relevancy 57.19%

I clean installed windows 7 on an IBM Lenovo Thinkcentre. In the device manager screen it says unknown device (w/ an icon of a computer and a yellow triangle that has a little black exclamation piont). I guess that means it is not a driver issue but what is it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

A:[SOLVED] unknown device

Hi go to device manager then to the erroring device click on the little + to expand the view then right click on the device choose properties the choose the details tab and post back with the hardware id' which you choose from the drop down list post the pci ven and dev

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-unknown-device-645439.html
Relevancy 57.19%

This one has thrown me into a bit of a loop I am working on a new Acer Desktop for a friend Her Dell died the previous day Like all Unknown Solved: Device PCI new PCs Solved: Unknown PCI Device nowadays - it comes with the new exciting M Vista She bought WindowsXP SP MCE and I promptly murdered vista It was a bit tricky but I located the drivers for the Acer T there is sets of Solved: Unknown PCI Device drivers for that series and almost everything is perfect But there is single PCI device that I am getting an unknown error with Its listed as Other Devices - PCI Device Yellow Question mark I Solved: Unknown PCI Device m trying to figure out what this is The modem was the only PCI device installed - and its driver is fine I even pulled the modem out - just in case Audio USB Firewire video IDE and SATA devices are listed okay The PC itself is running okay The ACER T has these stats AMD AM CPU X mb RAM DDR mhz GB HD DVD-RW drive Media Card reader The motherboard brand is unknown at this time but it is the Nvidia Nforce IGP Chipset nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello, I finished re-installing windows XP and at first after getting all the drivers, it said I had an unknown driver which was the last one and it was the audio drivers. Then, I had every driver installed and the display driver was by microsoft and I needed the CCC to go with my driver, so after installing Ati's driver for ATI RADEON 9600XT, I keep getting an unknown device when I boot up my PC.

It says the location is on ATI RADEON 9600/9550/X1050 Series.

Thanks in advance.

A:[SOLVED] Unknown Device in D.M.

Meh, I'll disable it. It doesn't seem to be of any importance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-unknown-device-in-d-m-417885.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey,

I run into this problem often and it takes me a great deal of effort to resolve it, in most cases. After formatting and reinstalling windows (wich we do for every new employee) I have to reload motherboard drivers. More often then not we don't have the mobo cds and are forced to get each one manually. There is a device left in the device manager labeled "unknown device." My question is this. Is there an online resource that can tell you what the device is from its id listed under properties? The only resource I have found requires a device ID that only propagates if windows recognizes that device in the first place. The unknown device id's usually look something like this ATK0101/110101
If anyone knows another method to resolve this issue that would be cool too. I usually take screen shots of the entire device manage list before formatting, but its not much help.

A:[SOLVED] Unknown Device

I've come across this problem a few times too. I'm sure your aware of the driver utilities that show you a list of all drivers needing to be installed. I would start by finding the utility for the mobo that allows you to choose from a list of drivers. Chances are it's probably some modem floating around or something.

I'm not sure if there is a database out there for this situation but i'll keep looking. Also if you do find the correct driver, I would slipstream a copy of Windows that has all drivers you need on it (assuming most of your builds have somewhat similar hardware)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-unknown-device-298242.html
Relevancy 56.76%

MOBO:evga 7100 630i

Hi i been trying to address this issue for a few weeks now. Heres the problem i can not install drivers to my on-board audio nor can i install a PCI sound card without conflicting and i can not uninstall the unknown device.(on-board sound) In device manager the error is (28) the drivers are not installed any other info you need i will provide if i can, thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Unknown Device (advance)

for the onboard run them from the m/b setup disk

you can have both enabled at the same time they do not conflict with one another

in stall the card usually in the bottom slot that is available

run the setup disk that came with the card to install the drivers and software

plug your speakers in

go into windows sounds and set the the speakers and the card as default

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-unknown-device-advance-520169.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi
purchased and used an external 2.5" Hard Drive

now when i plug into my computer XP gives me this message - Unknown USB device. USB has malfunctioned..The USB device is reported to have malfunctioned and is therefore an 'Unknown Device'.

it does work as i still use it in other computers,

so far i have:
Unistalled all usb controllers & reinstalled
used system restore back to when they were working

* from device manager here is my USB devices.

SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
SiS PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller
USB 2.0 Root Hub
USB 2.0 unknown device
USB Root Hub

Is it possible to reset the settings in the usb contrller / registiry to get this working again

thanks
yankeebean

A:Solved: Unknown USB device. USB has malfunctioned

i have solved this...

turned off und unpluged all usbs (plug mouse to port)
leave off for about 30mins
reboot in safe mode
goto device manager
uninstall all usbs - start from the bottom & work up.
reboot in normal mode
give comptuer time to reload the drive required

now you should be fixed -- worked for me --

Yankeebean

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unknown-usb-device-usb-has-malfunctioned.553353/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi! I have SM bus controller as an unknown device in Device Manager. What is this SM bus controller and what are the necessary drivers?

My pc specs:
CPU Type AMD Sempron, 1800 MHz (9 x 200) 3000+
Motherboard ASRock K8NF6G-VSTA (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 1 HDMR, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce 6100-405, AMD Hammer
System Memory 2048 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (03/03/07)
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE (512 MB)
Audio Adapter Realtek ALC883 @ nVIDIA MCP61 - High Definition Audio Controller
Disk Drive SAMSUNG SP2504C (250 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

A:Solved: Unknown SM bus controller device.

go here, pick your os ........... then d/l the "all in one driver package" and install ............(for xp)
http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=K8NF6G-VSTA&s=754

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unknown-sm-bus-controller-device.871930/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey there.I've been getting a little problem with my computer lately.

2 unknown cd-rom popped up on my system and it slows down my computer performance.I've uninstalled it to make the computer running great again.

But the problem now is that I want to completely remove it.
Or any other suggestion?

Here is a picture of the problem ( the cd-rom in the red box is the one that I want to remove)

Relevancy 56.76%

I finished reinstalling windows in a dell laptop D830. I installed all of the necessary drivers except this "USB Device" that I dont know what it is. It only appears when I turn on the wireless on. Also I don't know if this is connected but I cant connect wirelessly.

Thanks for any help.

-Never mind. I found the driver I needed. Incase anyone has this problem it was the a bluetooth driver in network 4th from the bottom.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unknown-usb-device-driver.731046/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a HP630 notebook with windows 7 Home Basic OS. I upgraded it to windows 7 premium and downloaded all the drivers. These driveres were installed properly. My laptop was working fine until recently. Now the webcam is not working. Whenever, I open Skype, my webcam does not turn on and an error message is shown ' Webcam is Off. If you have integrated webcam, turn it ON'. Secondly, I noticed that device manager shows " unknown device" in USB devices. When I checked for it error code it indicates " windows has stopped this device (error code 43). I feel that stopping of webcam and unknown device error are two issues which are related to the webcam malfunctioning. I remember that webcam was working OK earlier. My question is how to solve this problem.

Relevancy 56.76%

Hiya all,

I just installed Windows Xp on a puter. After installing all the drivers including the video card drivers from ATI's website the computer discovered an "unknown device on ATI Radeon X700"

The motherboard is a gigabyte 8I865GME-775-RH and obviously a X700 Radeon Video Card. AGP drivers, chipset drivers and the like are all installed. The video card showed up as an unknown device when I first installed, I put in the catalyst drivers and it detected successfully, upon reboot this new unknown device came up and I can not seem to find any drivers for the thing. I tried reinstalling the catalyst drivers as well to no avail.

Any thoughts?

Relevancy 56.76%

I'm having issues getting my USB ports to work. They're definitely getting power but not registering any USB device being plugged in. I've checked in the Device Manager and I see two UNKNOWN DEVICE messages with ERROR CODE 43..."Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".
I've tried full shutdown and battery removal...failed.

Uninstalled each USB root hub from the device manager then restarted computer for full auto re-install...failed.

Downloaded Hardware Identification Tool and used it to download correct drivers (as confirmed by the manufacturers website) and failed as well.

Can anybody help me with this issue by chance? Would be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: Error 43 USB Unknown Device

After attempting a few more possibilities for my issue, I have already found my problem and how to repair it...The entire USB port is shot. It's dead, nonusable. I'm either going to have to get a whole new motherboard or a USB PCI card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-error-43-usb-unknown-device.1005411/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all,
My friend gave me her USB device in tears because after an improper eject, it is now unrecognizable by any of the PCs she connected it to.

The error in the device manager (in WinXP) is "Unknown Device" and that's what popped up after I first plugged it into my PC.
I've tried disabling, uninstalling, updating drivers - the typical slew.... is there any chance it, or the data salvageable?

I haven't tried it on my CentOS system yet -
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 56.76%

hi all,

my pc is running really slow. it gets stuck whenever a new program is launched. have video and audio stuttering. and have had to delete all games.

i have a desktop running windows xp. after much troubleshooting and searching online forums, i am trying this as the last recourse.

i have an unknown device under sound, video and game controllers. the device instance id is root\media\006.

there are no drivers installed for this device.

i had nvidia video card which i have removed. have also removed the modem card.

any help would be really appreciated.

thanks in advance.

cheerio

Relevancy 56.76%

I did a wifi device scan using SoftPerfect Wifi Guard and have a device I do not know. I have 4 in total laptop, router, BB phone. The 4th is a Hon Hai Precision device. The only other device I know of is my satellite modem, hard wired to router. I live in a very remote area and have no neighbors close by.
I assume that there actually is a 4th unknown device. How can I track it down?
Thanks

A:Solved: Unknown WiFi device

Hi, and welcome to TSG.

It looks like the software detects both wired and wireless devices on the the same network.
http://www.softperfect.com/board/read.php?18,14397

Is the wired satellite modem connected to the LAN or WAN side of the router? If it is on the LAN side, try disconnecting it and rerunning the scan.

If it isn't the modem, does anyone in the house have any portable Apple devices? It is my understanding that Hon Hai Precision supplies the WiFi hardware for some Apple products.

Are you using any WiFi encryption?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unknown-wifi-device.1123616/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello,
I just did a fresh install Windows 7 and installed all updates and drivers. Although, I noticed an unknown device in Device Mamager. It's an Intel(R) ICH10 LPC - 3A18 Interface Controller as written in properties. I installed every damn thing about it (actually the Intel_ChipsetInf_V9111014_XPVistaWin7), but it seems that I'm missing something. Also, so far system is running smoothly, but I want to be sure that no harm will be done from this issue. Any ideas why it's marked as unknown all the time?

Any help is appreciated...

Motherboard: Asus P5Q SE
Prossesor: Intel Core2Quad Q8200
Video card: Nvidia GeForce 9600GT

A:Solved: Unknown device in Windows 7

Have you run Windows Update? Do so manually and check the optional updates once he scan is done, there should be an ASUS ACPI driver listed, install that and see if it clears the error. The driver is also posted on the ASUS site under I think utilities for many motherboards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unknown-device-in-windows-7.931295/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi to everybody,

Guys few days ago, i have formatted a desktop computer for one of my friend, i have installed Win XP SP3 also all drivers from the original CD that he bought with that PC, also latest updates, but few days ago he called me and tell to me that when he attempt to install his External Webcam on that PC he got a message saying: Unknown device" he told me that he also tried the CD of that Webcam.Please Guys could you provide me with the steps that i have to take.Thank you in advance.
Best regards to all of you,

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi there, I use Wireless internet for both my pc and laptop, and connect through my BT Homehub. But whenever I open the wireless connections tab, it always shows a Talk Talk Wireless option along with the BT one which I use (and sometimes a 3rd connection that is unknown to me).
I think my network is secure, as I have to put a network key in before it will connect to the internet on the PC, but when I connect to the internet on the laptop no key is required, (so unsure a bit now) but I just wanted to make sure that the Talk Talk connection and the other one that is showing, is not somebody who can see all of the files on either my pc or laptop.
Just wanted some advice really, to make sure I dont have anybody viewing my files etc. Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 56.33%

I am having problems installing my kodak printer dock.I have never had a problem with it before now.It worked fine on my other computer but windows xp will not recognize it on this new computer.I installed the drivers like i always have before,i have downloaded updated drivers from kodak's website,i have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and checked all of my usb connections to see if they all work and they are ok.When i turn on the printer dock i get a message that says, one of the usb devices has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it.It shows up in the device manager as an unknown device and tells me no drivers are installed for this device.The driver shows up in the add/remove files.Thanks for any help you can provide.

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all I m using an ASUS laptop X E series running Win sp I use an Acer quot external monitor and do not have the laptop driver Solved: Device missing is Unknown a monitor on I noticed an error msg this a m indicating that an Unknown Device is missing a driver I searched in quot Unknown Device Properties quot -- quot Details quot -- quot Property quot -- quot Device Instance Path quot -- quot Value quot to figure out what device is being detected The Value is ROOT Solved: Unknown Device is missing a driver DISPLAY FSVIDMIR I haven t found anything by searching Google Bing or Tech Support Guy This quot unknown device quot was installed six days ago on I did change the monitor connection from HDMI to a VGA pin cord but that happened yesterday not six days ago I should also mention that I connected my Samsung Galaxy to a USB port which screwed up my system I don t remember any of the details but that was well before I cannot open TSG SysInfo or I would have included it in this message Any ideas direction etc Thanks in advance Larry K nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all,
For the last several weeks now on startup on my laptop running Vista I keep getting a pop up stating new hardware has been detected and do I want to install the driver for it. I select yes windows looks for a driver but cannot find one. I have looke in device manager for anything that is amiss. And under other devices there is the yellow mark stating that there is a problem. The only thing I can find out is that it is a plug & play item, no specific name or anything to tell me what it maybe. When I select Properties for the said device the details I am given are \Device\00000025 and that it is not configured correctly. Is there anyway I could find out what this is ? Or should I uninstall it and reboot, and hope that the problem gets fixed on startup.
Thanks. Wizzkid

Relevancy 56.33%

What am I missing here? I bought a Mitsumi external usb floppy drive on eBay. Plug it in either an Intel or nVidia chipset desktop machine with XP SP-2 and I get the Found New Hardware and Unknown Device boxes at the toolbar. This is confirmed in Device Manager. The enclosed floppy is a model D353G. The enclosure is marked "Generic USB FDD (UD-376)." The software known as "USBDeview" can tell me little about it, but it does see the firmware as "1.03" and lists vendor and product ids.

Since I shouldn't need USB drivers for XP with SP-2, am I missing the obvious, or have I been screwed by a zealous seller? tia

Merry Christmas! btw

tj

Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Gateway GT E desktop with G of RAM running Vista Home Premium When I came home today it looked like it was in the middle of reboot at the point where quot Microsoft quot is on the screen and a constantly moving horizontal thermometer is going It never stopped so I rebooted Over the Solved: Unknown Blocking Boot Device next few hours it would either stall at the quot Microsoft quot point mentioned above or at the first page with quot Gateway quot in large letters and reference to F and F as BIOS and Boot pages respectively Neither button worked nor did F I could get the machine to boot by restarting with the Vista restore disk in the DVD tray Once however when I tried to boot into save mode the boot stalled at crcdisc sys Afterwards searching around there Solved: Unknown Device Blocking Boot were a number of notes about a quot USB Device quot needing a driver Solved: Unknown Device Blocking Boot I looked in my Device Manager and there was a USB Device in the Other Devices section that was showing a problem See enclosure This is my best guess as to why my machine won t boot normally However I don t know what device this is or what driver it needs All the hardwired USB devices I use seem to be working fine printer speakers HDD mouse even when I disable this driver I put a thumb drive into all my open USB ports and it worked fine So these USB ports seem ok I read there are all sorts of software drivers so maybe its some sort of software device Any thoughts on whether this really could be the problem Or how to troubleshoot the unknown driver Larry nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Does anyone know a fix for this common problem:

My PC's (running XP Pro SP3) mapped network drives say "Unknown Network Device" but they work just fine.

Is there a way to get windows to like them as the normal "Network Device".

I ran across these other posts with people with the same problem, but didn't see any sure-fire fix listed:

http://tinyurl.com/c4zmbr

http://tinyurl.com/d6dxq4

Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unknown-network-device-but-mapped-drive-does-work-362019.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Well, previously my Seagate 2TB External Portable Hard Drive was working very well on my windows 7 operationg system but a few days ago it went wrong and now it says unknown device!! it doesnt show up in disk management and when i uninstalled it from the list of USB hubs(where it says unknown device) and installed it again, it just said unsuccessful... what should i do?

A:Solved: Seagate 2TB Hard Drive is Unknown Device

try it on another computer...if it does the same...crack it open and get a caddy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-seagate-2tb-hard-drive-is-unknown-device.982202/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I don't have sound and haven't for the past few days and then this morning a Found New Hardware Wizard keeps popping up trying to install software for an Unknown Device on High Definition Audio Bus.

In the Device Manager, there are yellow question marks near Other Devices and then below it, in sub categories is a list of at least 20 (!) Unknown Device on High Definition Audio Bus.

In the Audio Device section, there are NO Playback Devices, NO Recording Devices, No Midi Playback and the same in the Voice section. Usually I have Realtek listed there.

Thank you for any help.
XP SP3, Intel Cel. 3.06Ghz, 512 Ram.

A:Solved: No Sound and and Unknown Device on Audio Bus trying to install

Is your sound on-board or is it PCI? Try reloading the drivers for your sound.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sound-and-and-unknown-device-on-audio-bus-trying-to-install.859588/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi this has been bugging me for a while, i'm not sure if this is something to do with my router or its someone stealing my wifi but theres an unknown liux device connect to my router with a different IP to the router but a very similar Mac address.
I took this screenshot -

Relevancy 55.47%

i just installed a radeon x800 gto. previous card was a radeon x300. it seems to have installed fine. i get "x800 primary/secondary" under the display adapters in device manager.

but there is also an unknown device in device manager. i have tried the "update" driver with the video card drivers cd in the drive. i have tried downloading the latest drivers from the ati site. the card has a power lead and i have connected that too. does anyone know what this is?

windows xp
abit sg-95 motherboard
intel pentium D
1024mb ram

A:Solved: unknown device after installing new graphics card

solved. what had actually happened was when i put the card in, it had pushed into one of the empty memory modules clips. whether this was making the computer think that there was something actually in the module i don't know. it could also be that the card just wasn't seated properly because it was kind of forced against the clip and didn't seem to be in the pci express slot just right

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unknown-device-after-installing-new-graphics-card.586702/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have been searching for three days on a Lifebook Driver. Device Solved: Unknown Yargghh...Fujitsu damn driver that I can not seem to get a hold of I Solved: Yargghh...Fujitsu Lifebook Unknown Device Driver. am fairly good at getting drivers for pc s but this one refuses to surface The pc is a Fujitsu Lifebook E-Series E I have reinstalled every driver from Fujitsu s website BUT this one It does not appear Solved: Yargghh...Fujitsu Lifebook Unknown Device Driver. to be listed and I have tried a multitude of drivers from the interwebs Solved: Yargghh...Fujitsu Lifebook Unknown Device Driver. Here is the full info from Uknown Device Identifier HBM ICH M LPC Interface Controller Vendor Intel Corporation PnpID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Details Bus PCI Express Device Number Device Function Vendor h Intel Corporation Device h HBM ICH M LPC Interface Controller Command h I O Access Memory Access BusMaster System Errors Status h Has Capabilities List Medium Timing Revision h Header Type h Bus Latency Timer h Self test h Self test not supported PCI Class Bridge PCI to ISA Subsystem ID D CFh Unknown Subsystem Vendor CFh Fujitsu Ltd New Capabilities List Present Vendor-Dependant Capability Class Bridge PCI to ISA OEM Device Unknown OEM Vendor Fujitsu Ltd I have tried many google searches and different chipset drivers from Intel s website Nothing seems to be working and I am out of ideas Any suggestions would be appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Yargghh...Fujitsu Lifebook Unknown Device Driver.

Are you running XP, Vista or Win7 RC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-yargghh-fujitsu-lifebook-unknown-device-driver.851663/
Relevancy 55.04%

hello there, im quite new to this and im quite worried that someone is using my net, on my router dhcp i see my devices and i also see a unix box called dream box connected to my router, ive tried using several security measures to block that device off but for some reason it always manages to reconnect, i really dont feel easy about this and im wondering if someone could guide me to block this device off completely? any more information needed i can provide , thank you and i apologise for any typo of mispellings as im pouring everything out and typing it as i go before i forget anything .

Relevancy 55.04%

Any help on this error:

Unknown USB device(device descriptor failed) is not working properly???

Ever since the windows 10 download..error in my windows device manager..only my usb 3.0 works

Dell laptop

A:Solved: Unknown USB device is not working properly on dell laptop

Sorry guys...My 2.0 Port was bad...I am closing this..I had to re download my 3.0 USB drivers after my windows 10 update, and that went fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unknown-usb-device-is-not-working-properly-on-dell-laptop.1153058/
Relevancy 53.75%

hello all. i dont come around to this site very often but i desperately need you guys help.

im trying to get a gamebridge i purchased a few days ago to work. the first day i had everything going according to plan and had it installed on there and everything, but then i was having problems with it... it wouldnt show my game screen. so i decided to install to a new usb drive.

i took the device out and tried to reinstall to another drive but it didnt work... and now when i try to put it back into the original drive it gave me an error. so i went into device manager and unistall the device manually from the original drive.

but now i try to install it again to any drive it give me the code 28 error...
someone please help me i really need to fix this problem.

thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:USB drive not properly installing device(GAMEBRIDGE). (unknown device code 28)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-drive-not-properly-installing-device-gamebridge-unknown-device-code-28.831212/
Relevancy 53.75%

hie i have just installed window 7 and this devices are missing, any help will be very much appreciated.
base system device
device id
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7110&SUBSYS_117C10&PEV_00
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7110&SUBSYS_117C10CF
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7110&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7110&CC_0880

UNKNOWN DEVICE
LOCATION; INTEL(R) 82801 DBM LPC INTERFACE CONTROLLER-24CC
HARDWARE ID;
ACP1\FUJO2BI
FUJO2BI

VIDEO CONTROLLER
LOCATION; PCI bus 0 device 2 function 1
HARDWARE ID
PCI\VEN 8086&DEV_3582&SUBSYS_120E10CF&REV_02
My laptop is FUJITSU-BIBLO MG13D

A:base system device, video controller and unknown device missing

Before I can help you, follow these instructions to let me know more about it: New to SevenForums? Fill out your system specs (this tool may help you out a great deal).

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/197742-base-system-device-video-controller-unknown-device-missing.html
Relevancy 53.32%

How do i figure out what driver or even component windows wants software for when in the device manager under other devices it lists an unknown device and windows update cannot find anything.

Oh and is it appropriate for me to use this topic to ask another question regarding explorer.exe as while i am inside a folder i delete (by choosing delete from the context menu in the tree view) while inside that folder on this particular laptop PC explorer. always crashes, collect information, sends it and restarts explorer. I have not experienced this problem on any other pc running any version of windows 7, oh and the same happened with build 7264 x32 and the current install of build 7600 x64.

A:Device Manager reports Unknown Device & explorer crash

Please fill up the System specs...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/19058-device-manager-reports-unknown-device-explorer-crash.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everybody.

I just bought myself a Powercolor Radeon HD 4890 yesterday. After installing the card and the required drivers everything works like a charm. However, every time I start up my PC I get a message saying that a new device has been found on my system. On checking Device Manager I found an "Unknown device" entry under "Other devices".

I'm attaching a screenshot of Device Manager.

Are there any drivers I'm missing? It only happened after removing my old card (after uninstalling all its drivers) and installing the Radeon.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Unknown Device In Device Manager After Installing Radeon HD 4890

I have a Powercolor Radeon HD 4890 (I also have a Gigabyte 4890 and XFX 4890 in two other PCs). I think you need to install the latest ATI Catalyst Suite. You may have installed the driver only package. Anyway, I think it has to do with the HDMI capabilities of the card. High def sound is built into the card (the HD part of the card name) and the HD sound driver is part of the Catalyst Suite. When you use an HDMI cable to an appropriate display, HD sound is also transmitted through the same cable from the Radeon graphics card.

Of course, be sure to install .NET Framework 2.0 as it is required before you can install the full Catalyst Suite. The HD sound driver won't install without it. At least I had trouble before I installed .NET 3.5. I went to Windows Update and installed .NET Framework 3.5. 2.0 is included in that update and 2.0 wasn't available separately.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device-in-device-manager-after-installing-radeon-hd-4890.140044/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate. Since very recently an unknown device keeps popping up in the device manager every time I start Win. It's reported location is within the front USB root hub but I haven't changed there anything lately. The device status reports "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)". I can uninstall/disable it but it will get picked up again the next time I reboot. All other usb devices (mouse, keyboard, web camera, APC UPS, external drive, printer) work fine. How do I get rid of this nuisance so that it doesn't reappear?

A:Unknown device: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Cod

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-device-windows-has-stopped-this-device-because-it-has-reported-problems-cod.884277/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I recently put together a new computer and in the process of of installing the USB connector Working - Front USB Device not Device" Ports "Unknown in Manager from the front of my GX case I Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager either bent numerous pins on the motherboard USB header or the motherboard shipped that way and I inadvertently made matters worse Anyway that header on the motherboard is without a doubt unusable Since I don't really need the USB functionality I bought a USB - gt adapter cable connected one end to the connector on the front of the case and the other end into the USB header on the motherboard Unfortunately when Windows boots and I plug a device into the front ports of the case Windows detects the front USB ports as Unknown Device within Device Manager yet says the driver is successfully installed I've already downloaded the most current Intel chipset drivers for my motherboard deleted and reinstalled all USB drivers and all rear USB connections are working perfectly fine - it's just the two front ports that are connected from the case to the USB ports via the adapter cable I've tried both USB headers on the motherboard and I've tried plugging in several devices to the front USB ports and this problem still persists I've ensured Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager the connection inside the case is solid yet I cannot get Windows to recognize the front USB ports However I have confirmed that power is being sent to the front ports because it charges my phone when I connect it to the front USB ports via micro USB connection As a result I'm inclined to think this is a Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager driver issue rather than a hardware issue Any ideas

A:Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager

If your motherboard has a 1x pcie slot you can get a card like this...

Here

Some motherboards it's a tight fit because of the video card taking up space. In that case you can relocate the above card with this...

Here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597934/front-usb-ports-not-working-unknown-device-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 53.32%

applied.

Sorry that last word didn't get in the subject line.

So:
http://i.imgur.com/QoSy2wX.png

These two values are:
USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3000&REV_0200
USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3000
My bios info

http://i.imgur.com/FvPQweZ.png
So should I do this:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- driver missing
When I download that zip file from under "Install the Bluetooth driver:" it has so many files to choose from.... I don't know what to do?

I've also found out that I need to disable "boot from network" or "boot from lan" in bios to get rid of this unkown device issue?

A:Unknown device in device manager after Bios default settings are

Well it might be a good idea to look at the following tutorial:

Device Manager - Finding Unknown Devices

Use the link in Step 7

Also I tend to find this tool useful:

Download Tweaking.com - Hardware Identify Portable - MajorGeeks

Right click on each result in the list for more options.

Edit: On my machine a similarly named device appears to be a webcam.

In the list USB Composite Device doesn't mean much but matching the ID seems to indicate that it's the webcam.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/346379-unknown-device-device-manager-after-bios-default-settings.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Toshiba laptop model L -ES I had Windows Home Premium bit installed on here but decided to reformat my hard drive using Windows Devices in Device Device Unknown Hidden Manager/Show Ultimate bit After the reformat was finished I ran Windows Update and it found several items to download and install for me I noticed that it also found optional items to download and install for me so after all the important updates installed I ran the optional updates After all of this installed I checked Device Manager to see if there were any errors and I found nothing I assumed everything was fine I decided to check Devices and Printers and Unknown Device in Device Manager/Show Hidden Devices under my laptop icon there was a yellow icon with an exclamation point on it I decided to run the troubleshooting option when I right-clicked the icon it gave me a solution to download a Toshiba password utility program so I did that and nothing happened even after restart Same Unknown Device in Device Manager/Show Hidden Devices icon appeared When I clicked on the icon a second time I noticed that the model of my computer at the bottom of this window changed from L to TIAS I have no idea what this is I decided to do another reformat on my hard drive This time I ignored the optional updates I checked Devices and Printers again the same icon appeared but the model of my computer said L like it should There is something in the optional updates that is changing this Could it be the Intel chipset driver that the optional update is pushing I'm not sure I went back to Device Manager this time I clicked View and put a checkmark next to Show hidden devices and I found it In Other devices it says unknown device After right-clicking on this and checking the driver details I got a hardware ID that says ACPI TOS I did some research and was told that it could be my Intel chipset so I went to Intel and their website did an automatic scan of my system It found a few things so I installed them and rebooted the laptop Doing this did not fix the problem Is there a way to figure out what this device is It doesn't seem to be hindering my laptop but being a perfectionist it is really bothering me One thing I wanted to add could it be a USB device I noticed that I do not have my media card reader drivers installed but yet when I put a media card in it reads it just fine or maybe the USB camera installed on the lid of the laptop After checking my imaging device it looks to be installed has to be something

A:Unknown Device in Device Manager/Show Hidden Devices

Hi there ... You should Install the chipset Driver and also the Realtek Driver for your card Reader ... From the Toshiba website ... The Link is provided below

Satellite L505-ES5018 – Windows 7 32 and 64-bit Drivers Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/296520-unknown-device-device-manager-show-hidden-devices.html
Relevancy 52.89%

REF http forums techguy org t html I have a very similar situation I have a windows se machine runnong on an Intel Celeron MHz with MB of usb a UNKNOWN WIN DEVICE as auto 98se device installing ram WIN 98se auto installing a usb device as UNKNOWN DEVICE The OS was just installed I am trying to instal an HP USB burner - I used this device before with no problems The drivers are located on a diskette The manuf instructions advise to connect the power and usb cables and boot the pc with the diskette in the drive when windows finds the new hardware select the floppy drive When the pc is booted is finds new hardware lists it as quot unknown device quot and does not promt me for any input If I go to device manager the device has a red x I ve tried to remove the device and reboot - same thing I ve tried to update the driver and it says the best driver is already installed c windows inf usb inf The ref url was resolved by changing the order of connecting the cables I have tried ever combo I can Can someone please tell me how to point to the correct drivers Thanks Daniel nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Team, Please help me to resolve a problem, I've one unknown device in device manager I've tried to update drivers but issue didn't reolve after it. Can you help me to figure out what is this unknown device.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unknown-Device-in-Device-Manager-Pavilion-p252tx/td-p/5612334
Relevancy 52.89%

I have had the Microsoft Wireless 2000 Keyboard and mouse for 10 months and it has been working fine. But recently when I plugged it in I got an error message which said :The last USB Device you connected to this computer malfunctioned. and Windows does
not recognize it.
I opened Devices and Printers and it said Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

Also it is on Windows 10 Home

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3c211337-ec27-4d5d-80fe-0a913bfdfee6/unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.89%

Fresh install of Windows 10 and the last driver I need to sort out is the above.

I believe it is my powered USB 3 hub to which I plug in my keyboard and mouse. Technically it is working but I don't like seeing yellow triangles on devices.

So are there any fixes?

A:Unknown USB Device (device descriptor request failed)

If it's a generic USB 2.0 Powered Hub then technically there's should be no drivers needed by Windows, if it's a USB 3.0 Hub then I'm unsure (since I don't own any USB 3.0 Hubs).

Might be a Windows bug, basically Windows can't find the description information to display the Hub's name in the Device Manager example: Generic USB Hub, Root Hub Device, etc....

I'm pretty sure everything is working as should, you're good minus the minor annoyance if all device connected through the USB Hub is recognized by Windows; if you right click Properties on the yellow triangle it probably says "The Device is working properly".

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/9419-unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed.html
Relevancy 52.89%

After installing Windows 10 anniversary update, I get the following error in the device manger: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Tried uninstalling and restarting PC. Reinstalled Windows made from media tool. Nothing fixed it. Did a google search and nothing has worked. No USB drivers on the PC maker's website.

Any ideas?

A:Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

You can try going into device manager > select show hidden devices and delete all "inactive" usb device appearances. In my example below, there would be four. Once done, reboot and try your device again:

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/58616-unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Greetings folks ( ) USB Device Failed Request Device Unknown Descriptior I have a problem that bugs me for years I never intentionally solved it sometimes those errors disappears and all USB ports work fine sometimes they do not So anyone can help me please it would be great Some of my ports do not work all the time I cannot identify a specific moment Inside the Device Manager Universal Serial Bus controllers I get or more quot Unknown USB Device Device Descriptior Request Failed quot sometimes more sometimes less CPU Intel Core i Motherboard AsROCK H Pro MVP Windows all available updates downloaded and Unknown USB Device ( Device Descriptior Request Failed ) installed as of today and everyday The problem appeared on Win or not sure when So it's not necessarily Windows specific I ported it to Here is what they look like http prntscr com d rm Unknown USB Device ( Device Descriptior Request Failed ) k Bios is up to date Chipset drivers updated various solution tried from googling I even managed to make all USB ports stop working testing some of these solutions I had to restore windows from a ghost image I had It's like these USB ports remain suspended sometimes Any advice on what to try The most annoying part is that from the frontal USB ports some stop working randomly too Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/69726-unknown-usb-device-device-descriptior-request-failed.html
Relevancy 52.89%

hello    i'm an embedded developer. i have an usb type ic programmer to burn microcontroller. now i'm getting this error "Unknown USB Device(Device Descripter Request Failed)" while plug my usb programmer into my pc socket. but this same hardware support in my friend same hp430 pc.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Unknown-USB-Device-Device-Descripter-Request-Failed/td-p/5846609
Relevancy 52.89%

hi, heres my problem:

* USB 2.0 doesnt work when plug in to USB port. XP gives message Unknown USB device. USB has malfunctioned..

* from device manager here is my USB devices.

SiS PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller
USB 2.0 Root Hub
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub

I have SP2 installed, did reformat my hard drive and install fresh windows XP. all the drivers are up to date and even the BIOS.

What is causing this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

PS. When i disable USB 2.0 Root hub and SiS PCI to USB Enhance Host Controller. The storage drives work in USB 1.1. My external usb drive is a HITACHI 10 G hard drive.

A:USB 2.0 storage device malfunctioned in Windows XP. Unknown Device!?!

recently I had a friend who expierienced the same problem with a Nforce chipset after a fresh install of XP with SP2. even though SP1 and SP2 insclude the drivers for USB2.0 his usb 2.0 devices werent working. he ahd to go to the Motherboard makers site and download the USB 2.0 drivers and then it worked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-2-0-storage-device-malfunctioned-in-windows-xp-unknown-device.23630/
Relevancy 52.89%

I know that a similar question has been asked before but not with the last part of the message Device Descriptor Request Failed I get this in Device Manager and I have searched for an answer on the net Also it is a Code I went through my laptop with an HP Technician this morning I might add at a cost of p minute for odd minutes He has said that because I had gone over to Windows and the recovery discs I Failed) Request Device Unknown (Device Descriptor USB made will not load to put back in Windows I have Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) to send the laptop back for re-installing the OS because Windows do not have the update Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for my problem Also the R H USB socket has a failure ID GAPTK- T -MFPWWK- D Q I personally think that this is all what the problem is a duff USB Is this a cop-out My question is has anyone heard of Windows having driver WHQL problems Very Any all ideas appreciated ps I only found out the problem with the usb when I tried to download a Mobi file to a Kindle for my wife The other usb's work OK

Is there only one USB port on the right hand side? Sometimes manufacturers connect internal devices via an unused USB port internally. USB ports are usually in groups of two, seeing only one port is usually a sign that the wiring has been redirected internally to something else like a Bluetooth adapter or wifi adapter. It may even be a card reader or touchpad. Is anything like that not working? If it is start looking for a driver for it.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/40630-unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My computer keeps telling me Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed), so I looked up how to fix it and they told me to uninstall it then scan for hardware changes and it will reappear working properly. Only it did not come back working properly, it came back the same. I am also 98% sure that this "unknown USB device" is my built-in webcam that has never once worked. So if someone wants to help me out and allow me to use my webcam that would be great!

Hi there, can you first tell us what is the Name and Model number of your system?

What OS are you running

im sorry if you already listed this, as I cannot see your specs from the Windows Forum App..

I take it this is a laptop?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/57051-unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have hp 6570b with os win 7 professional 32 bit.it appear in device manager that there are some hardware need driver software.it shoes Base system device and unknown device.. Base system device hardware IDPCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&SUBSYS_17AB103C&REV_30PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&SUBSYS_17AB103CPCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&CC_088000PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&CC_0880 unknown device hardware IDACPI\HPQ6000*HPQ6000  

A:hp 6570b Base system device and unknown device

Hi, Should be the Card Reader driver below. http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5212928&swItemId=ob_115197_1&lang=en&cc=u... And HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link. http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5212928&swItemId=ob_110813_1&lang=en&cc=u... Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-6570b-Base-system-device-and-unknown-device/td-p/5700413
Relevancy 52.89%

I have purchased E5-573G-389U few months back. Since then I am not able to connect any of my mobiles be it Motorola or Samsung to the laptop. Everytime it says 'Unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed) driver error'.  I have tried a lot of options in your discussion forum but nothing worked. I am just fed up with the problem. I will request you to provide the solution to the said problem at the earliest. It was really a bitter experience buying this laptop. 

A:E5-573G-389U / Unknown USB device (device descript...

binodpandey, That's not really an Acer issue.  That's an issue with Microsoft Windows 10 and Samsung or Motorola.  Acer doesn't have any control over Microsoft Windows 10 when it comes to supporting third party phones. Check with Microsoft forum. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/windows-10-does-not-s...

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E5-573G-389U-Unknown-USB-device-device-descriptor-request-failed/td-p/441871
Relevancy 52.89%

Im running windows 10 on an HP laptop, 64 bit, and i just got a micro usb to usb device so i can transfer stuff onto my phone. It worked when i first got it but now it comes up with a Device Descriptor Request Failed and a Code 43 error. Ive tried updating
the drivers, restarting my laptop, and plugging it into different usb ports but it still comes up with the error. Any suggestions? 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ad22afb8-1339-4db7-91a7-08304d8db3cd/unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.89%

My Notebook is HP-Pavilion 15 n087sr.OS installed window 7 .Unknown device and PCI device driver is missing from my laptop even after many effort I was not able to fix that.please provide necessary driver link and suggestions

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-15-n087sr-Unknown-device-PCI-device-and/td-p/5809573
Relevancy 52.89%

I have purchased E5-573G-389U few months back. Since then I am not able to connect any of my mobiles be it Motorola or Samsung to the laptop. Everytime it says 'Unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed) driver error'.  I have tried a lot of options in your discussion forum but nothing worked. I am just fed up with the problem. I will request you to provide the solution to the said problem at the earliest. It was really a bitter experience buying this laptop. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E5-573G-389U-Unknown-USB-device-device-descriptor-request-failed/td-p/441871/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.89%

I have bought a new windows 8.1 Toshiba laptop when I connect my external hard drive witch was working ok before it's telling me - unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) code 43

A:unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)

did you try to go to power manager, shut off usb power saving

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4514e103-7fe2-4e0a-b634-ed43c608a9b9/unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.89%

I HAVE TRIED THE WAY THAT HAS BIN SUGGESTION WITH NO LUCK
\_SB.PCI0.OHC1.RHUB.PRT2- BIOS DEVICE NAME
PROVIDER-MICROSOFT
IF YOU NEED MORE INF JUST ASK
PLEASE HELP

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/22917c03-7a6d-4a6d-95cb-974dbce82ae0/unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.46%

The other day I noticed two unknown computers and a few Media Devices associated with those computers were on my network Of course I immediately logged into my router changed the network SSID and security key and even blocked the MAC addresses of the Media Devices I couldn t find the MAC addresses for the computers That seemed to solve the problem However this morning I noticed that the computers and Media Devices are back And what s really confusing is that they seem to follow me regardless of Solved: Computers Network on Unknown the network Solved: Unknown Computers on Network I m on I m on my work network across town and they re still connected This makes me think that it s something on Solved: Unknown Computers on Network my machine and not on the network I scanned for malware and deleted everything that I found but that didn t get rid of the machines Any ideas on Solved: Unknown Computers on Network what they could be I have a couple virtual machines on my machine but I have VirtualBox and VMWare turned off so I m pretty sure it can t be those not to mention the names aren t the same I m running Windows Home Premium if it helps nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

my Mcaffe network manager keeps showing three other unknown computers connected to mine. there is no option for me to delete them, i can only mark them as intruders and mcaffe lets me know whenever they connect to my network which is everytime enable my lan card.

I am very concerned abt this issue. can those computers access my files? or spy, stealing my passwords and stuff? how do i disable and delete them and shut off my network for them so that they don't connect again.

Thanks in advance!!!!!
Hugs.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello everyone,

Ok so as the title says I got an unknown computer in my network named EXPERIA. Now, I have done everything possible that I read about. I have changed my router password, my internet password, I changed and I do not broadcast my SSID and I have added MAC filtering. I also checked the DHCP client log often in the router and its IP never appears there. Only the 5 devices connected in my network. Anyone has any idea what it can be ? I don't think it's someone after all the security measures taken. Any tought ? thanks a lot !

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello everybody!

I have various unknow Mac addresses on my network, I need help detecting if they are normal/non harmful OR if I've been hacked! I've uploaded a picture of the addresses, the second to the last address is my router's.

A:Solved: There are unknown IP & Mac Addresses on my network, HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-there-are-unknown-ip-mac-addresses-on-my-network-help.987425/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I got a Toshiba satellite: A135-S2386 and I have a usb port problem. I got 4 usb ports on this laptop and all four are non-responsive. I tried restoring the laptop to its factory setting and updated the BIOS. I also tried to go into device manager and uninstalling all the usb drivers, restart, and plug in the usb device again. Its weird because when I plug my usb devices in, it still show that the device is connected because the device is charging. The unknown device that I uninstall will reinstall itself automatically and I already run 3 different virus scans from 3 different virus scanners. I used the Toshiba hardware scan and it came back normal. Everything seem to be ok except that the port does not detect my devices and I have google this problem for over a week now. So HELP PLS

A:USB device malfunction & Unknown device re-install itself

Do you have the service pack 1 release installed. I had a similar issue with my gaming desktop that whenever i plugged in a flash drive it was unable to read it. After installing the service pack i was able to it working again. What is the device that you are using that is charging but showing as unknown?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/167776-usb-device-malfunction-unknown-device-re-install-itself.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I ve been scouring the newsgroups for answers to the following problem and have tried everything showing 'Unknown as Device Device' USB2 suggested to no avail My USB Pen Drive was working fine until yesterday It now shows as unknown device and windows reports USB2 Device showing as 'Unknown Device' that it may not function correctly It doesn t work at all However I took it to work with me and on a USB PC it worked well When I returned home I tried again in my PC to no avail I then tried uninstalling Root Hubs and Controllers and the like from Device Manager as suggested in many newsgroups and the thing sprang back into life However as soon as the Enhanced USB driver is detected the pen drive vanishes and the unknown device returns I ve been into safe mode I ve tried to delete the VID keys from the USB section of the registry which won t delete even though I log in as the administrator and I ve removed all USB devices and then uninstalled all hubs from Devce Manager and let them reinstall themselves I now have my Pen Drive working in I assume mode by means of disabling the enhanced host controller As soon as it is re-enabled I lose my Pen Drive and return to Unknown Device XP says that my Enhanced Controller has no problems Please help - everything was fine on Monday and a restore does no good at all Why can I not delete the VID keys Thanks in advance Daz nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I got a new hard drive for my HP Pavilion DV6T-6000. Installed windows 7 ultimate and a bunch of drivers from HP's drivers section for my computer and I still have this unkown device. It wasn't there on my old drive so something isn't right here.

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

Hardware ID:
ACPI\HPQ0004

Hopefully something I posted is usuful for one of you guys to figure out.

A:Unknown device in device manager (code: 28)

Welcome to Seven Forums. It may be this: Re: Driver for ACPI\HPQ0004\3&33FD14CA&0 - HP Support Forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/265366-unknown-device-device-manager-code-28-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

In Device Manager, there is a USB Mass Storage Device or an Unknown Device, even when there isn't anything plugged in. This is occurring on a Dell Dimension 5100. This is not the pc in my system specs. How do I fix this?
Here are some Device Manager screenshots:

A:USB Mass Storage Device/Unknown Device

The PC is unplugged from power (with all USB devices unplugged, as well as the DVI and ethernet cables) and the CMOS battery is removed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/288839-usb-mass-storage-device-unknown-device.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have an external Bluray DVD drive ODP S -B that works perfectly on Windows but is not recognised by my new laptop which has Windows bit Can anybody explain why this is and what I do to get pass it or is this a problem with - for A USB device USB descript Unknown the request Device Windows The device is listed in Win as quot hp bd rom bc h quot and the driver is I Unknown USB Device - A request for the USB device descript have now tried various USB devices I have connected a USB External Hard Drive and a USB Canon Camera both of which work OK I have also connected a Seagate T external drive which is USB an that was OK as well the ports are all USB on the laptop hence the reference to the which USB type The error message is as follows quot USB Device Not Recognised quot When I go in to Device Manager I find two USB error listings Unknown USB Devise Device Descriptor Request failed amp Unknown USB Devise Port Reset Failed I have been advised that this error can arise when a drive doesn't receive enough power Unknown USB Device - A request for the USB device descript from the system The device does have two USB connectors Unknown USB Device - A request for the USB device descript I have tried using both of them The power cable going to the powered USB on the laptop and the data going to the adjacent USB there are a pair of USB sockets on either side of the laptop the right hand side having the only powered socket

A:Unknown USB Device - A request for the USB device descript

I'm too of opinion that it's a power issue. Laptops are not known to have much power thru USB ports, not even some desktops for that matter. Possible solutions: If that laptop has USB3 port you can try it in there, it gives more power and is compatible with USB2. Another one is to ad external power to the drive. One of the USB connectors on the twin cable has only two connection tabs and is for extra power to device. That one can be connected to universal USB charger for phones etc. That's how I solved a problem with a HDD in external enclosure.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/63812-unknown-usb-device-request-usb-device-descript.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Recently I attempted to connect to an existing paired connection to my phone via bluetooth. I have never had this problem before, yet suddenly Bluetooth is missing. There is no longer an icon in the taskbar, the setting in "PC and Devices" is missing, and there appears to not be a driver installed, rather, an ""Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" appears in my devices instead. I have taken many steps to attempt and fix this, such as:
manually starting Bluetooth services from services.mscuninstalling the "Unknown Device" driver, then attempting to let Windows reinstalldownloaded the driver software from Lenovo for the Bluetooth adapter, installed it manually restartedtake a system restore created yesterday and revert back to it

Everything else in the PC functions perfectly. Any help is appreciated

A:Bluetooth Device Missing, Unknown USB Device

I had a similar problem recently where my bluetooth seemed to have just disappeared.
I ran the Find and Fix problems with devices (Just typed it into the start screen). It found one thing which by memory said something about a usb device being disabled. Clicked for it to fix the problem and enable it. Sure enough my bluetooth was right back.
Not sure if it will work for you, but its worth a try.
Good Luck

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/60376-bluetooth-device-missing-unknown-usb-device.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Does anybody know what this device does. It's located under SCSI and RAID Controller, it's called AWFOEXCS IDE Controller. I have no idea what the hell is that.

A:Unknown device shown in device manager

I've seen those on the Media Center edition of Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device-shown-in-device-manager.151946/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everyone, I hope you could give me some clue that may have caused the appearance of an unknown device. All information here : An unknown device appears

First, That was solved by uninstalling and rebooting, did not appear anymore. But as I said in the previous topic, that solution does not leave me entirely peaceful.
Since when searching for information on the issue, some say it may be a virus. But also by the HWMonitor. I prefer it was caused by HWMonitor instead of a virus.

Can give me a hand to remove my doubts about whether it was caused by a virus or not.

I scanned all the PC with ESET 6 and nothing.

Thank you for your time and help

A:Unknown device In device manager, by a virus ?

Quote: Originally Posted by 3Colors

Can give me a hand to remove my doubts about whether it was caused by a virus or not.

Sure, lets begin:

1.) Download herdprotect: (choose the portable version)

Download herdProtect - Free Anti-Malware Platform

2.) Run the scan.

3.) When the scan finishes, save the results per the screenshot below. Then upload the log here.

DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING YET. I will advise if anything needs removed when I receive the log.

Attached Images

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/333457-unknown-device-device-manager-virus.html
Relevancy 52.03%

In device manager I have this Unknown Device showing up "ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0" and I have no idea what it is.

Any suggestions in helping to solve this one would be a great help. Google brings up Intel VIIV for Media Centre but doesn't help me very much.

A:Unknown Device shows in Device Manager

its a asus driver for windows xp refer to http://www.voodish.co.uk/articles/asus-dri...y00012daba3ff0/if your having problems then refer to http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/818672srry if this isnt helpdul its a 2 sec job using yahoo search

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266943/unknown-device-shows-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 52.03%

I really need someone to help. I have a broadband cable modem which is through my cable company. Vista home. When i open my network folder I have different users/pc in it. I am NOT connected to any routers or such, so this is weird to me. I have call tech support many times with NO help. My mom, uncle and a few other people I talked to said they have the same problem. and they aren't connected to routers either. I have tried Windows defense, Norton, AVG, Spybot and they don't turn anything up. I have no idea whats going on or how to get rid of them. I know they are using my internet because when I check the sites i visited through cmd it shows sites i have never heard of. One was even a hacker site. They are really slowing down my computer and internet. Please help!

Relevancy 52.03%

That's what the message from my firewall software says when it does its Wi-Fi Intrusion Detection scans. I finds a dozen or more every time, and it recommends I find out what they are and designate them as acceptable or not. How?

I'm new to wireless. What are these computers attached to my network?

A:Solved: Unknown computers connected to my network

from what you say ,you haven't secured your wireless access point set up ,leaving your systeme open to anyone

what is thermake / model of your system?

have a read here why it's happening

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,844020,00.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unknown-computers-connected-to-my-network.533994/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a password protected wireless home network with my main PC, laptop and Wii authorized to connect. I noticed in Network & File Sharing - a computer "KEN63VY4H1". I cannot open this computer or login to it. To do so, Iit requests a password and user and I can't. I am the administrator. I have Windows Vista and a Netgear Wireless N router. What do I do? Is this dangerous? I tried shutting everything down and restarting and he is still there. Can you please help me??

Relevancy 51.17%

First of all I would like to thank TerryNet for helping me out with my wifi hotspot wap problems I truly appreciate all the help sir specially being out here in Iraq not having anyone to turn to Anyway Solved: Win7 network connection problem Unknown I m back with a Solved: Unknown Win7 network connection problem new Win problem and a weird one at that I don t quite understand it myself Yesterday I suddenly lost connection at work I connect to the internet via a usb connection to a satellite phone At first I thought It was just the network since it s terrible anyway but when I Solved: Unknown Win7 network connection problem looked at the sat phone it s showing I m connected tx rx The weird part was when I went home I couldn t connect to my wap either I tried renewing and releasing my IP but every time I open the browser it just won t log on to the ISP Both physical and wireless connections were inoperative So I went to windows restore and picked a backup before a critical update When it was done I have WAP access again and this morning I was able to access the internet again through my sat phone I m confused could someone please explain what s going on Was it the critical update nbsp

A:Solved: Unknown Win7 network connection problem

I'm confused.. could someone please explain what's going on? Was it the critical update?Click to expand...

some updates can do that , and often re-installing the updates solves the issue. OR just allowing the updates to redo will then work

i would make a restore point now on the PC so you can go back to a known working condition

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unknown-win7-network-connection-problem.985498/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have just bought the 1Tb MYBOOKWORLD from western digital and i am unable to access that device across the wireless network on a pc running Windows XP via my NETGEAR router. When i wire the same pc into the router i am able to see the device. Someone suggested that there was the possibility of certain ports not being forwarded, however i do not know how to check this and then correct it if that is the case. Thanks for any help.

A:Solved: Nas device not seen across network

make and model of the router
how the NAS is connected to router
any other PC on the network - how connected - can they see it ?

When i wire the same pc into the router i am able to see the device.Click to expand...

So it is available on the network - just NOT via your wireless connection - correct

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-nas-device-not-seen-across-network.901882/
Relevancy 50.74%

Okay, this could be software related. Just today my internet stopped working on windows XP. Usually I would cycle my router and it would work again, but this time it didn't. I checked device manager, NO network connection is listed. I right click on my network places, and it's blank. I tried doing a restore store but none of them work for some reason..

Any help is appreciated!
Joey

Relevancy 50.31%

On one of my PCs I Not Solved: Found Device Network am able to access the various drives as either a local device or as a network device For example I can access the hard drive as a local device C or as a network device PM C PM is the computer name Same is true for the second hard drive D or PM D the CD DVD drives the memory card reader But it is not true for my external USB hard drive I can access the external drive as N but I am NOT able to acess it as PM N Windows tells me PM N can not be found even though N is found As best I can tell I have Sharing and Security set properly for all of the drives including N All of the drives are NTFS I m running WinXP Pro SP If I move the external USB drive to another PC I do NOT have the same problem there So I think the problem is specific to how something is set in this one particular PC Solved: Network Device Not Found Any clues Peter nbsp