Windows Support Forum

Unknown device in my Network: please help!!

Q: Unknown device in my Network: please help!!

Since i got sky broadband it's always been running super slow, the amount of times i have called them is ridiculous.
So i have just been looking around on the sky address to see if i can fix it and in my Attached devices i have, the pc, an ipod touch and an unknown device. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the slow speeds and maybe it's somehow 'stealing' my broadband.
I've read a previous post of the same type but that wasnt for sky.
i ran the ipconfig/all into CMD so if you think you might be able to help ill show the results.
Thanks, Dan

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unknown device in my Network: please help!!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unknown device in my Network: please help!!

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Are you using encryption on your wireless access point? If not, you should be, preferably WPA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-device-in-my-network-please-help.975684/
Relevancy 65.36%

After starting my Windows laptop if I go to the Control Panel Network and Internet View Network Computers and Devices a device is listed that is not on my network It is listed as either a Ralink wireless client Model RT U or a full ariel Model KFARWI and if I right click on the device and view the properties the Model Name and MAC Address are shown I checked the Device Manager and it was not listed in the Device Manager Also my router did not show it as an attached device I have Win laptop a Win laptop an iphone android phone ipad WD NAS and HP wireless printer connected to a Netgear AC wireless router with MAC address filtering enabled When I log into the router I have never seen either device mentioned above listed on the router list of attached devices nor do any of the devices I have on my network have the MAC address listed for either device After a short period of time the device disappears I have set up my network as a private network My concerns are Are the devices a security issue and can they access my network How come my computer detects them The devices do not list either a work group or a network location so am I correct in assuming the devices are not connecting through my router Is there anything I can do to prevent it from being detected

A:Unknown Network Device in CP\View Network Computers, Dev.

Do you have a Kindle?  This (KFARWI) looks to be an Amazon Android device - of which the Kindle is the most common device (IMO).
Search Google for Amazon KFARWI

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579758/unknown-network-device-in-cpview-network-computers-dev/
Relevancy 64.07%

Curious. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the HomeGroup feature in Win 7. When I select the option to view "Network Computers and Devices," I notice an unknown router? How/ why would a router that isn't part of my homegroup be listed as a device on the group?

Please help and advise!

M8

A:Unknown Network Device

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

You did not specify if this computer is a desktop or laptop computer.

If you could also post the make and model number of this computer that would also be helpful.

How are you connecting to the Internet? Are you using an Ethernet cable, or wireless?

If you have a laptop, there is a chance someone connected to the Internet by connecting through a wireless router and those settings were saved to the home group.

Once you post back the information I requested, it will be a little easier to answer your questions.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346570/unknown-network-device/
Relevancy 64.07%

i have windows 7 ultimate, and when i go to the network area to see the other two computers i have at home that are in the same workgroup i see a device in the network infrastructure area that says DGN2000, i have no clue what it is (actually i searched google for DGN2000 and the results said something about a router with builtin dsl modem, but i don't have that, i have a belkin wireless router hooked into my speedstream 4100 for my SBC (now att) internet) so the question is WTF is that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-network-device.918999/
Relevancy 63.21%

First of all hello people, now to my problem .

On my network i have an unknown device, i am using a thomson speed touch router and he detects it as shown below.

I tried removing it from the admin panel but it keeps comming back. Can someone tell me what that is and should i worry about that, thanks in advance.

Relevancy 63.21%

I recently upgraded to the BT Home hub, which after reading several forum posts about it was a bad decision.

I have now installed this and connected my PC (via USB) and XBOX360 (via ethernet) to the Home hub, l and although I have to wait for my line to be optimized, everything seems to be working well.

However, when I check on y network status, using the BT Broadband Desktop help utility, it shows I have an UNKNOWN DEVICE connected to the router along side my PC and XBOX360.

I have tried to obtain assistance from BT themselves but they simply told me to ignore the unknown device, as it will not cause any harm!!!!

Does anyone know how I might find out what this is or remove it from my network?

Thanks.

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,

Just now I got a notice of a new unknown device connecting to my network. I have not seen the device name before, and have no idea what is going on. When I try to look up this device, it says Windows can't access name. When I try to find more details, it says "The network path was not found." It's currently 6am in the US so I doubt someone has gained access to my network unless they're morning intruders.

I don't really understand what is going on. I've never seen this notice before.

Edit: Upon viewing my network again, this device no longer shows.

A:New/unknown device connected to network - cannot access

You should be able to see it on the router and see if it's connected via wireless or cable note your normal Mac address now so you can identify it.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/124107-new-unknown-device-connected-network-cannot-access.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Forum,

I have a Inspirion 1150
Broadcom 440x10/100 network controller.

This is my problem:
In Device Manager,
I have 1 installed network controller that is running properly, but I have 1 that has a yellow ? with a !.
This is what it says:

Network Controller, in properties it shows the Manufacturer as "Unknown," and the Driver status says, "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

I have tried to un-install controller, it comes back.

What do I do with this "Generic" controller that has no name, I dont know what driver to look for because I dont know what it is.

Please Help...
RICK...

Relevancy 62.78%

I cannot currently get online through wifi or an eithernet cable. In my device manager one iteam is listed as an 'unknown device' and I believe it may be my network driver. Also I get a driver error when trying to connect to my wifi, but I am able to see my wifi and connect to it with my phone. I'm assuming I'll need some sort of driver download, but being as my older phone is the only way I can get in the internet right now it's been hard tracking down what I need. I own a NV57H20u laptop. If someone could link the download for me that would great. Or let me know what I should do instead. Also I've already ran the computer in safe mode with networking and AVG as well as Malwarebytes without any luck.

A:Network driver is listed as 'unknown device'

On the unknown device in Device Manager, right click and select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware ID's in the dropdown box. Please copy and paste the first line in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552827/network-driver-is-listed-as-unknown-device/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen A friend Network Installs as Unknown Device Adapter from work brought his computer to my attention because in the past I ve been able to help a few other coworkers However this gentleman is running WIndows XP Media Center edition His Network Adapter Installs as Unknown Device label states that there is an internal card of WM abg This computer is a Gateway I Network Adapter Installs as Unknown Device know I know mx Here s what I ve been able to find so far The network card worked at some point Whether he messed with the settings and screwed something up or whatever that has changed I checked the device manager and found that both the ethernet port and the wireless were installed to unknown devices I surfed over to driver support on gateway for his model of computer I tried to update the drivers with no success I then uninstalled the original drivers restarted the computer and found that windows would try to install the driver on its own unsuccessfully every time I knew at that point windows had to be finding its own drivers somewhere on the computer and if they weren t working I needed to stop this behavior I cleared the temp files cleared the obvious cabs from previous misintallations and then manually deleted the drivers related to the network card and restarted At that point I was able to install the gateway drivers however the same behavior occurs where the network card continues to fall into unknown drivers Now I figured this morning maybe some of the unknown drivers that aren t network-related need to be installed properly in order for the network card to be functional I m losing ideas and I d hate to waste a weekend going through needless steps I ve read up on this issue and it appears that this card does have some issues installing For the records as well I Network Adapter Installs as Unknown Device have installed using the intel drivers from the intel website and that has not worked either Any ideas I ve thought about updating his service pack to three reinstalling windows etc but there s no reason this network card should not be working if it was part of the original installation on the laptop Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated I ve attached a screenshot of what I see in the device manager as well nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-installs-as-unknown-device.729826/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all- In the last week I have noticed that a mystery phone has been listed in my network devices list It was quite clearly not mine I immediately recorded its MAC address and tried with no luck to get windows to tell me more My Asus router did not list network appearing device in list phones Unknown the Unknown phones appearing in network device list MAC address as connected to my home wifi Googling revealed no useful Unknown phones appearing in network device list info I did not have a password on my login stoopid so I applied Unknown phones appearing in network device list one and rebooted Today I noticed a similar phone unknown to me listed in my laptop network device list Again it is quote clearly not mine MacAddressLookup org did not have a listing for the MAC address this time Windows was unable to give me the serial number IP address or phone number in either event A fresh full scan with a fully updated Avast found nothing Spybot S amp D is now running Needless to say I am concerned I don't know if this is some hack attempt or malware Could this be just a couple of random phones trying to connect to anything they see This seems to be just my laptop I have no evidence to suggest my router was accessed Thank you for any help amp insights anyone can provide Cheers- Oli Links to images of network devices list amp windows properties of the unknown phones Samsung amp Xiaomi Windows My laptop connects to my home network via wifi Bluetooth is disabled No LAN connection is present My ASUS router AC U reports no devices attached to my network that I don't recognise Phone SAMSUNG MOBILE MAC b a f Phone Manufacturer Xiaomi MAC df dd a

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547885/unknown-phones-appearing-in-network-device-list/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/46985-network-devices-listed-under-unknown-device-manager.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I upgraded to Windows a while back Every time I open the computer I get a pop-up notification telling me the USB device is unrecognized I have no USB devices in any of my USB ports I sent my computer in twice No help They just uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything and told me it should be fixed It is not I then went about updating every driver in my Device Manager I uninstalled the Unknown USB Device and then updated other drivers Certain drivers such as PCI Express Root Port - C (Device Request Device Descriptor Device USB USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&7de72a2&0&3 Failed) Unknown when updating would also reinstall the Unknown USB Device which I would then uninstall and keep working down the list Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&7de72a2&0&3 Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) At the end of updating EVERYTHING I scanned for hardware changes and quot found quot the Unknown USB Device nbsp From what I can tell and I know very little about this stuff my computer can't name one of my USB ports Since it can't figure out what it's called it can't download the proper driver for it Since it can't download the proper driver it can't work properly The practical result from this is that one of my three USB ports does nothing when I put in any USB item connect my android phone thumb drive presentation clicker etc I've looked on tons of forums My current thought is that if I can tell my computer what the deice is or download the right driver and tell my computer to use that driver for this device it should solve my issue But I don't know how to know what the name of the USB port should be I imagine it would be something similar to the other USB ports I don't know who made the USB port I don't know where to search for the drivers on my own and I don't know how to tell my computer to use a downloaded drive for a specific USB Port since it usually coordinates all that on its own I've been on lots of forums and tried lots of solutions Anyone think they can help me with my problem

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/51d96031-1f7e-4d92-8d25-782f6c799d5f/device-usbvid0000amppid00026amp7de72a2amp0amp3-unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 55.9%

Does anyone know a fix for this common problem:

My PC's (running XP Pro SP3) mapped network drives say "Unknown Network Device" but they work just fine.

Is there a way to get windows to like them as the normal "Network Device".

I ran across these other posts with people with the same problem, but didn't see any sure-fire fix listed:

http://tinyurl.com/c4zmbr

http://tinyurl.com/d6dxq4

Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unknown-network-device-but-mapped-drive-does-work-362019.html
Relevancy 53.75%

hello all. i dont come around to this site very often but i desperately need you guys help.

im trying to get a gamebridge i purchased a few days ago to work. the first day i had everything going according to plan and had it installed on there and everything, but then i was having problems with it... it wouldnt show my game screen. so i decided to install to a new usb drive.

i took the device out and tried to reinstall to another drive but it didnt work... and now when i try to put it back into the original drive it gave me an error. so i went into device manager and unistall the device manually from the original drive.

but now i try to install it again to any drive it give me the code 28 error...
someone please help me i really need to fix this problem.

thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:USB drive not properly installing device(GAMEBRIDGE). (unknown device code 28)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-drive-not-properly-installing-device-gamebridge-unknown-device-code-28.831212/
Relevancy 53.75%

hie i have just installed window 7 and this devices are missing, any help will be very much appreciated.
base system device
device id
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7110&SUBSYS_117C10&PEV_00
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7110&SUBSYS_117C10CF
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7110&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7110&CC_0880

UNKNOWN DEVICE
LOCATION; INTEL(R) 82801 DBM LPC INTERFACE CONTROLLER-24CC
HARDWARE ID;
ACP1\FUJO2BI
FUJO2BI

VIDEO CONTROLLER
LOCATION; PCI bus 0 device 2 function 1
HARDWARE ID
PCI\VEN 8086&DEV_3582&SUBSYS_120E10CF&REV_02
My laptop is FUJITSU-BIBLO MG13D

A:base system device, video controller and unknown device missing

Before I can help you, follow these instructions to let me know more about it: New to SevenForums? Fill out your system specs (this tool may help you out a great deal).

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/197742-base-system-device-video-controller-unknown-device-missing.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I recently put together a new computer and in the process of of installing the USB connector Working - Front USB Device not Device" Ports "Unknown in Manager from the front of my GX case I Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager either bent numerous pins on the motherboard USB header or the motherboard shipped that way and I inadvertently made matters worse Anyway that header on the motherboard is without a doubt unusable Since I don't really need the USB functionality I bought a USB - gt adapter cable connected one end to the connector on the front of the case and the other end into the USB header on the motherboard Unfortunately when Windows boots and I plug a device into the front ports of the case Windows detects the front USB ports as Unknown Device within Device Manager yet says the driver is successfully installed I've already downloaded the most current Intel chipset drivers for my motherboard deleted and reinstalled all USB drivers and all rear USB connections are working perfectly fine - it's just the two front ports that are connected from the case to the USB ports via the adapter cable I've tried both USB headers on the motherboard and I've tried plugging in several devices to the front USB ports and this problem still persists I've ensured Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager the connection inside the case is solid yet I cannot get Windows to recognize the front USB ports However I have confirmed that power is being sent to the front ports because it charges my phone when I connect it to the front USB ports via micro USB connection As a result I'm inclined to think this is a Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager driver issue rather than a hardware issue Any ideas

A:Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager

If your motherboard has a 1x pcie slot you can get a card like this...

Here

Some motherboards it's a tight fit because of the video card taking up space. In that case you can relocate the above card with this...

Here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597934/front-usb-ports-not-working-unknown-device-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 53.32%

How do i figure out what driver or even component windows wants software for when in the device manager under other devices it lists an unknown device and windows update cannot find anything.

Oh and is it appropriate for me to use this topic to ask another question regarding explorer.exe as while i am inside a folder i delete (by choosing delete from the context menu in the tree view) while inside that folder on this particular laptop PC explorer. always crashes, collect information, sends it and restarts explorer. I have not experienced this problem on any other pc running any version of windows 7, oh and the same happened with build 7264 x32 and the current install of build 7600 x64.

A:Device Manager reports Unknown Device & explorer crash

Please fill up the System specs...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/19058-device-manager-reports-unknown-device-explorer-crash.html
Relevancy 53.32%

applied.

Sorry that last word didn't get in the subject line.

So:
http://i.imgur.com/QoSy2wX.png

These two values are:
USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3000&REV_0200
USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3000
My bios info

http://i.imgur.com/FvPQweZ.png
So should I do this:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- driver missing
When I download that zip file from under "Install the Bluetooth driver:" it has so many files to choose from.... I don't know what to do?

I've also found out that I need to disable "boot from network" or "boot from lan" in bios to get rid of this unkown device issue?

A:Unknown device in device manager after Bios default settings are

Well it might be a good idea to look at the following tutorial:

Device Manager - Finding Unknown Devices

Use the link in Step 7

Also I tend to find this tool useful:

Download Tweaking.com - Hardware Identify Portable - MajorGeeks

Right click on each result in the list for more options.

Edit: On my machine a similarly named device appears to be a webcam.

In the list USB Composite Device doesn't mean much but matching the ID seems to indicate that it's the webcam.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/346379-unknown-device-device-manager-after-bios-default-settings.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate. Since very recently an unknown device keeps popping up in the device manager every time I start Win. It's reported location is within the front USB root hub but I haven't changed there anything lately. The device status reports "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)". I can uninstall/disable it but it will get picked up again the next time I reboot. All other usb devices (mouse, keyboard, web camera, APC UPS, external drive, printer) work fine. How do I get rid of this nuisance so that it doesn't reappear?

A:Unknown device: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Cod

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-device-windows-has-stopped-this-device-because-it-has-reported-problems-cod.884277/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everybody.

I just bought myself a Powercolor Radeon HD 4890 yesterday. After installing the card and the required drivers everything works like a charm. However, every time I start up my PC I get a message saying that a new device has been found on my system. On checking Device Manager I found an "Unknown device" entry under "Other devices".

I'm attaching a screenshot of Device Manager.

Are there any drivers I'm missing? It only happened after removing my old card (after uninstalling all its drivers) and installing the Radeon.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Unknown Device In Device Manager After Installing Radeon HD 4890

I have a Powercolor Radeon HD 4890 (I also have a Gigabyte 4890 and XFX 4890 in two other PCs). I think you need to install the latest ATI Catalyst Suite. You may have installed the driver only package. Anyway, I think it has to do with the HDMI capabilities of the card. High def sound is built into the card (the HD part of the card name) and the HD sound driver is part of the Catalyst Suite. When you use an HDMI cable to an appropriate display, HD sound is also transmitted through the same cable from the Radeon graphics card.

Of course, be sure to install .NET Framework 2.0 as it is required before you can install the full Catalyst Suite. The HD sound driver won't install without it. At least I had trouble before I installed .NET 3.5. I went to Windows Update and installed .NET Framework 3.5. 2.0 is included in that update and 2.0 wasn't available separately.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device-in-device-manager-after-installing-radeon-hd-4890.140044/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Toshiba laptop model L -ES I had Windows Home Premium bit installed on here but decided to reformat my hard drive using Windows Devices in Device Device Unknown Hidden Manager/Show Ultimate bit After the reformat was finished I ran Windows Update and it found several items to download and install for me I noticed that it also found optional items to download and install for me so after all the important updates installed I ran the optional updates After all of this installed I checked Device Manager to see if there were any errors and I found nothing I assumed everything was fine I decided to check Devices and Printers and Unknown Device in Device Manager/Show Hidden Devices under my laptop icon there was a yellow icon with an exclamation point on it I decided to run the troubleshooting option when I right-clicked the icon it gave me a solution to download a Toshiba password utility program so I did that and nothing happened even after restart Same Unknown Device in Device Manager/Show Hidden Devices icon appeared When I clicked on the icon a second time I noticed that the model of my computer at the bottom of this window changed from L to TIAS I have no idea what this is I decided to do another reformat on my hard drive This time I ignored the optional updates I checked Devices and Printers again the same icon appeared but the model of my computer said L like it should There is something in the optional updates that is changing this Could it be the Intel chipset driver that the optional update is pushing I'm not sure I went back to Device Manager this time I clicked View and put a checkmark next to Show hidden devices and I found it In Other devices it says unknown device After right-clicking on this and checking the driver details I got a hardware ID that says ACPI TOS I did some research and was told that it could be my Intel chipset so I went to Intel and their website did an automatic scan of my system It found a few things so I installed them and rebooted the laptop Doing this did not fix the problem Is there a way to figure out what this device is It doesn't seem to be hindering my laptop but being a perfectionist it is really bothering me One thing I wanted to add could it be a USB device I noticed that I do not have my media card reader drivers installed but yet when I put a media card in it reads it just fine or maybe the USB camera installed on the lid of the laptop After checking my imaging device it looks to be installed has to be something

A:Unknown Device in Device Manager/Show Hidden Devices

Hi there ... You should Install the chipset Driver and also the Realtek Driver for your card Reader ... From the Toshiba website ... The Link is provided below

Satellite L505-ES5018 – Windows 7 32 and 64-bit Drivers Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/296520-unknown-device-device-manager-show-hidden-devices.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have hp 6570b with os win 7 professional 32 bit.it appear in device manager that there are some hardware need driver software.it shoes Base system device and unknown device.. Base system device hardware IDPCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&SUBSYS_17AB103C&REV_30PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&SUBSYS_17AB103CPCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&CC_088000PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&CC_0880 unknown device hardware IDACPI\HPQ6000*HPQ6000  

A:hp 6570b Base system device and unknown device

Hi, Should be the Card Reader driver below. http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5212928&swItemId=ob_115197_1&lang=en&cc=u... And HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link. http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5212928&swItemId=ob_110813_1&lang=en&cc=u... Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-6570b-Base-system-device-and-unknown-device/td-p/5700413
Relevancy 52.89%

My computer keeps telling me Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed), so I looked up how to fix it and they told me to uninstall it then scan for hardware changes and it will reappear working properly. Only it did not come back working properly, it came back the same. I am also 98% sure that this "unknown USB device" is my built-in webcam that has never once worked. So if someone wants to help me out and allow me to use my webcam that would be great!

A:Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Hi there, can you first tell us what is the Name and Model number of your system?

What OS are you running

im sorry if you already listed this, as I cannot see your specs from the Windows Forum App..

I take it this is a laptop?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/57051-unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed.html
Relevancy 52.89%

After installing Windows 10 anniversary update, I get the following error in the device manger: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Tried uninstalling and restarting PC. Reinstalled Windows made from media tool. Nothing fixed it. Did a google search and nothing has worked. No USB drivers on the PC maker's website.

Any ideas?

You can try going into device manager > select show hidden devices and delete all "inactive" usb device appearances. In my example below, there would be four. Once done, reboot and try your device again:

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/58616-unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Fresh install of Windows 10 and the last driver I need to sort out is the above.

I believe it is my powered USB 3 hub to which I plug in my keyboard and mouse. Technically it is working but I don't like seeing yellow triangles on devices.

So are there any fixes?

A:Unknown USB Device (device descriptor request failed)

If it's a generic USB 2.0 Powered Hub then technically there's should be no drivers needed by Windows, if it's a USB 3.0 Hub then I'm unsure (since I don't own any USB 3.0 Hubs).

Might be a Windows bug, basically Windows can't find the description information to display the Hub's name in the Device Manager example: Generic USB Hub, Root Hub Device, etc....

I'm pretty sure everything is working as should, you're good minus the minor annoyance if all device connected through the USB Hub is recognized by Windows; if you right click Properties on the yellow triangle it probably says "The Device is working properly".

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/9419-unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have bought a new windows 8.1 Toshiba laptop when I connect my external hard drive witch was working ok before it's telling me - unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) code 43

A:unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)

did you try to go to power manager, shut off usb power saving

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4514e103-7fe2-4e0a-b634-ed43c608a9b9/unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.89%

hello    i'm an embedded developer. i have an usb type ic programmer to burn microcontroller. now i'm getting this error "Unknown USB Device(Device Descripter Request Failed)" while plug my usb programmer into my pc socket. but this same hardware support in my friend same hp430 pc.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Unknown-USB-Device-Device-Descripter-Request-Failed/td-p/5846609
Relevancy 52.89%

I know that a similar question has been asked before but not with the last part of the message Device Descriptor Request Failed I get this in Device Manager and I have searched for an answer on the net Also it is a Code I went through my laptop with an HP Technician this morning I might add at a cost of p minute for odd minutes He has said that because I had gone over to Windows and the recovery discs I Failed) Request Device Unknown (Device Descriptor USB made will not load to put back in Windows I have Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) to send the laptop back for re-installing the OS because Windows do not have the update Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for my problem Also the R H USB socket has a failure ID GAPTK- T -MFPWWK- D Q I personally think that this is all what the problem is a duff USB Is this a cop-out My question is has anyone heard of Windows having driver WHQL problems Very Any all ideas appreciated ps I only found out the problem with the usb when I tried to download a Mobi file to a Kindle for my wife The other usb's work OK

Is there only one USB port on the right hand side? Sometimes manufacturers connect internal devices via an unused USB port internally. USB ports are usually in groups of two, seeing only one port is usually a sign that the wiring has been redirected internally to something else like a Bluetooth adapter or wifi adapter. It may even be a card reader or touchpad. Is anything like that not working? If it is start looking for a driver for it.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/40630-unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed.html
Relevancy 52.89%

hi, heres my problem:

* USB 2.0 doesnt work when plug in to USB port. XP gives message Unknown USB device. USB has malfunctioned..

* from device manager here is my USB devices.

SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
SiS PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller
USB 2.0 Root Hub
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub

I have SP2 installed, did reformat my hard drive and install fresh windows XP. all the drivers are up to date and even the BIOS.

What is causing this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

PS. When i disable USB 2.0 Root hub and SiS PCI to USB Enhance Host Controller. The storage drives work in USB 1.1. My external usb drive is a HITACHI 10 G hard drive.

A:USB 2.0 storage device malfunctioned in Windows XP. Unknown Device!?!

recently I had a friend who expierienced the same problem with a Nforce chipset after a fresh install of XP with SP2. even though SP1 and SP2 insclude the drivers for USB2.0 his usb 2.0 devices werent working. he ahd to go to the Motherboard makers site and download the USB 2.0 drivers and then it worked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-2-0-storage-device-malfunctioned-in-windows-xp-unknown-device.23630/
Relevancy 52.89%

REF http forums techguy org t html I have a very similar situation I have a windows se machine runnong on an Intel Celeron MHz with MB of usb a UNKNOWN WIN DEVICE as auto 98se device installing ram WIN 98se auto installing a usb device as UNKNOWN DEVICE The OS was just installed I am trying to instal an HP USB burner - I used this device before with no problems The drivers are located on a diskette The manuf instructions advise to connect the power and usb cables and boot the pc with the diskette in the drive when windows finds the new hardware select the floppy drive When the pc is booted is finds new hardware lists it as quot unknown device quot and does not promt me for any input If I go to device manager the device has a red x I ve tried to remove the device and reboot - same thing I ve tried to update the driver and it says the best driver is already installed c windows inf usb inf The ref url was resolved by changing the order of connecting the cables I have tried ever combo I can Can someone please tell me how to point to the correct drivers Thanks Daniel nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Greetings folks ( ) USB Device Failed Request Device Unknown Descriptior I have a problem that bugs me for years I never intentionally solved it sometimes those errors disappears and all USB ports work fine sometimes they do not So anyone can help me please it would be great Some of my ports do not work all the time I cannot identify a specific moment Inside the Device Manager Universal Serial Bus controllers I get or more quot Unknown USB Device Device Descriptior Request Failed quot sometimes more sometimes less CPU Intel Core i Motherboard AsROCK H Pro MVP Windows all available updates downloaded and Unknown USB Device ( Device Descriptior Request Failed ) installed as of today and everyday The problem appeared on Win or not sure when So it's not necessarily Windows specific I ported it to Here is what they look like http prntscr com d rm Unknown USB Device ( Device Descriptior Request Failed ) k Bios is up to date Chipset drivers updated various solution tried from googling I even managed to make all USB ports stop working testing some of these solutions I had to restore windows from a ghost image I had It's like these USB ports remain suspended sometimes Any advice on what to try The most annoying part is that from the frontal USB ports some stop working randomly too Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/69726-unknown-usb-device-device-descriptior-request-failed.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have purchased E5-573G-389U few months back. Since then I am not able to connect any of my mobiles be it Motorola or Samsung to the laptop. Everytime it says 'Unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed) driver error'.  I have tried a lot of options in your discussion forum but nothing worked. I am just fed up with the problem. I will request you to provide the solution to the said problem at the earliest. It was really a bitter experience buying this laptop. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E5-573G-389U-Unknown-USB-device-device-descriptor-request-failed/td-p/441871/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.89%

I HAVE TRIED THE WAY THAT HAS BIN SUGGESTION WITH NO LUCK
\_SB.PCI0.OHC1.RHUB.PRT2- BIOS DEVICE NAME
PROVIDER-MICROSOFT
IF YOU NEED MORE INF JUST ASK
PLEASE HELP

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/22917c03-7a6d-4a6d-95cb-974dbce82ae0/unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.89%

I have purchased E5-573G-389U few months back. Since then I am not able to connect any of my mobiles be it Motorola or Samsung to the laptop. Everytime it says 'Unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed) driver error'.  I have tried a lot of options in your discussion forum but nothing worked. I am just fed up with the problem. I will request you to provide the solution to the said problem at the earliest. It was really a bitter experience buying this laptop. 

A:E5-573G-389U / Unknown USB device (device descript...

binodpandey, That's not really an Acer issue.  That's an issue with Microsoft Windows 10 and Samsung or Motorola.  Acer doesn't have any control over Microsoft Windows 10 when it comes to supporting third party phones. Check with Microsoft forum. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/windows-10-does-not-s...

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E5-573G-389U-Unknown-USB-device-device-descriptor-request-failed/td-p/441871
Relevancy 52.89%

Im running windows 10 on an HP laptop, 64 bit, and i just got a micro usb to usb device so i can transfer stuff onto my phone. It worked when i first got it but now it comes up with a Device Descriptor Request Failed and a Code 43 error. Ive tried updating
the drivers, restarting my laptop, and plugging it into different usb ports but it still comes up with the error. Any suggestions? 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ad22afb8-1339-4db7-91a7-08304d8db3cd/unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.89%

I have had the Microsoft Wireless 2000 Keyboard and mouse for 10 months and it has been working fine. But recently when I plugged it in I got an error message which said :The last USB Device you connected to this computer malfunctioned. and Windows does
not recognize it.
I opened Devices and Printers and it said Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

Also it is on Windows 10 Home

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3c211337-ec27-4d5d-80fe-0a913bfdfee6/unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Team, Please help me to resolve a problem, I've one unknown device in device manager I've tried to update drivers but issue didn't reolve after it. Can you help me to figure out what is this unknown device.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unknown-Device-in-Device-Manager-Pavilion-p252tx/td-p/5612334
Relevancy 52.89%

My Notebook is HP-Pavilion 15 n087sr.OS installed window 7 .Unknown device and PCI device driver is missing from my laptop even after many effort I was not able to fix that.please provide necessary driver link and suggestions

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-15-n087sr-Unknown-device-PCI-device-and/td-p/5809573
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I ve been scouring the newsgroups for answers to the following problem and have tried everything showing 'Unknown as Device Device' USB2 suggested to no avail My USB Pen Drive was working fine until yesterday It now shows as unknown device and windows reports USB2 Device showing as 'Unknown Device' that it may not function correctly It doesn t work at all However I took it to work with me and on a USB PC it worked well When I returned home I tried again in my PC to no avail I then tried uninstalling Root Hubs and Controllers and the like from Device Manager as suggested in many newsgroups and the thing sprang back into life However as soon as the Enhanced USB driver is detected the pen drive vanishes and the unknown device returns I ve been into safe mode I ve tried to delete the VID keys from the USB section of the registry which won t delete even though I log in as the administrator and I ve removed all USB devices and then uninstalled all hubs from Devce Manager and let them reinstall themselves I now have my Pen Drive working in I assume mode by means of disabling the enhanced host controller As soon as it is re-enabled I lose my Pen Drive and return to Unknown Device XP says that my Enhanced Controller has no problems Please help - everything was fine on Monday and a restore does no good at all Why can I not delete the VID keys Thanks in advance Daz nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

In device manager I have this Unknown Device showing up "ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0" and I have no idea what it is.

Any suggestions in helping to solve this one would be a great help. Google brings up Intel VIIV for Media Centre but doesn't help me very much.

A:Unknown Device shows in Device Manager

its a asus driver for windows xp refer to http://www.voodish.co.uk/articles/asus-dri...y00012daba3ff0/if your having problems then refer to http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/818672srry if this isnt helpdul its a 2 sec job using yahoo search

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266943/unknown-device-shows-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 52.03%

Does anybody know what this device does. It's located under SCSI and RAID Controller, it's called AWFOEXCS IDE Controller. I have no idea what the hell is that.

A:Unknown device shown in device manager

I've seen those on the Media Center edition of Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device-shown-in-device-manager.151946/
Relevancy 52.03%

I got a new hard drive for my HP Pavilion DV6T-6000. Installed windows 7 ultimate and a bunch of drivers from HP's drivers section for my computer and I still have this unkown device. It wasn't there on my old drive so something isn't right here.

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

Hardware ID:
ACPI\HPQ0004

Hopefully something I posted is usuful for one of you guys to figure out.

A:Unknown device in device manager (code: 28)

Welcome to Seven Forums. It may be this: Re: Driver for ACPI\HPQ0004\3&33FD14CA&0 - HP Support Forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/265366-unknown-device-device-manager-code-28-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have an external Bluray DVD drive ODP S -B that works perfectly on Windows but is not recognised by my new laptop which has Windows bit Can anybody explain why this is and what I do to get pass it or is this a problem with - for A USB device USB descript Unknown the request Device Windows The device is listed in Win as quot hp bd rom bc h quot and the driver is I Unknown USB Device - A request for the USB device descript have now tried various USB devices I have connected a USB External Hard Drive and a USB Canon Camera both of which work OK I have also connected a Seagate T external drive which is USB an that was OK as well the ports are all USB on the laptop hence the reference to the which USB type The error message is as follows quot USB Device Not Recognised quot When I go in to Device Manager I find two USB error listings Unknown USB Devise Device Descriptor Request failed amp Unknown USB Devise Port Reset Failed I have been advised that this error can arise when a drive doesn't receive enough power Unknown USB Device - A request for the USB device descript from the system The device does have two USB connectors Unknown USB Device - A request for the USB device descript I have tried using both of them The power cable going to the powered USB on the laptop and the data going to the adjacent USB there are a pair of USB sockets on either side of the laptop the right hand side having the only powered socket

A:Unknown USB Device - A request for the USB device descript

I'm too of opinion that it's a power issue. Laptops are not known to have much power thru USB ports, not even some desktops for that matter. Possible solutions: If that laptop has USB3 port you can try it in there, it gives more power and is compatible with USB2. Another one is to ad external power to the drive. One of the USB connectors on the twin cable has only two connection tabs and is for extra power to device. That one can be connected to universal USB charger for phones etc. That's how I solved a problem with a HDD in external enclosure.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/63812-unknown-usb-device-request-usb-device-descript.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Recently I attempted to connect to an existing paired connection to my phone via bluetooth. I have never had this problem before, yet suddenly Bluetooth is missing. There is no longer an icon in the taskbar, the setting in "PC and Devices" is missing, and there appears to not be a driver installed, rather, an ""Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" appears in my devices instead. I have taken many steps to attempt and fix this, such as:
manually starting Bluetooth services from services.mscuninstalling the "Unknown Device" driver, then attempting to let Windows reinstalldownloaded the driver software from Lenovo for the Bluetooth adapter, installed it manually restartedtake a system restore created yesterday and revert back to it

Everything else in the PC functions perfectly. Any help is appreciated

A:Bluetooth Device Missing, Unknown USB Device

I had a similar problem recently where my bluetooth seemed to have just disappeared.
I ran the Find and Fix problems with devices (Just typed it into the start screen). It found one thing which by memory said something about a usb device being disabled. Clicked for it to fix the problem and enable it. Sure enough my bluetooth was right back.
Not sure if it will work for you, but its worth a try.
Good Luck

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/60376-bluetooth-device-missing-unknown-usb-device.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I got a Toshiba satellite: A135-S2386 and I have a usb port problem. I got 4 usb ports on this laptop and all four are non-responsive. I tried restoring the laptop to its factory setting and updated the BIOS. I also tried to go into device manager and uninstalling all the usb drivers, restart, and plug in the usb device again. Its weird because when I plug my usb devices in, it still show that the device is connected because the device is charging. The unknown device that I uninstall will reinstall itself automatically and I already run 3 different virus scans from 3 different virus scanners. I used the Toshiba hardware scan and it came back normal. Everything seem to be ok except that the port does not detect my devices and I have google this problem for over a week now. So HELP PLS

A:USB device malfunction & Unknown device re-install itself

Do you have the service pack 1 release installed. I had a similar issue with my gaming desktop that whenever i plugged in a flash drive it was unable to read it. After installing the service pack i was able to it working again. What is the device that you are using that is charging but showing as unknown?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/167776-usb-device-malfunction-unknown-device-re-install-itself.html
Relevancy 52.03%

In Device Manager, there is a USB Mass Storage Device or an Unknown Device, even when there isn't anything plugged in. This is occurring on a Dell Dimension 5100. This is not the pc in my system specs. How do I fix this?
Here are some Device Manager screenshots:

A:USB Mass Storage Device/Unknown Device

The PC is unplugged from power (with all USB devices unplugged, as well as the DVI and ethernet cables) and the CMOS battery is removed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/288839-usb-mass-storage-device-unknown-device.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everyone, I hope you could give me some clue that may have caused the appearance of an unknown device. All information here : An unknown device appears

First, That was solved by uninstalling and rebooting, did not appear anymore. But as I said in the previous topic, that solution does not leave me entirely peaceful.
Since when searching for information on the issue, some say it may be a virus. But also by the HWMonitor. I prefer it was caused by HWMonitor instead of a virus.

Can give me a hand to remove my doubts about whether it was caused by a virus or not.

I scanned all the PC with ESET 6 and nothing.

Thank you for your time and help

A:Unknown device In device manager, by a virus ?

Quote: Originally Posted by 3Colors

Can give me a hand to remove my doubts about whether it was caused by a virus or not.

Sure, lets begin:

1.) Download herdprotect: (choose the portable version)

Download herdProtect - Free Anti-Malware Platform

2.) Run the scan.

3.) When the scan finishes, save the results per the screenshot below. Then upload the log here.

DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING YET. I will advise if anything needs removed when I receive the log.

Attached Images

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/333457-unknown-device-device-manager-virus.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I m experiencing slim keyboard not being recognized in the Windows The keyboard was working fine until just one day it just stopped working I tried factory reset literally times along with most recent BIOS update and dell s recommended update software power setting -- gt disabling power saving on USB It still come up as unrecognized each [Code "Unknown keyboard slim Request 11 43] Descriptor (Device USB Pro Failed)" Device Venue time even with fresh reinstall I was wondering if this is a hardware issue or just software bug from factory reset I don t think there is a available driver for this kind of problem is there Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP ConfigurationSource nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnPDate nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PMEvent ID nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category NoneLevel nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Venue 11 Pro slim keyboard "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" [Code 43] nbsp ErrorKeywords nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp User nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SYSTEMComputer nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp DellDescription Device USB VID amp PID amp b a amp amp had a problem starting Driver Name usb infClass Guid fc e -c - cf- - strong strong Service nbsp Lower Filters nbsp Upper Filters nbsp Problem x BStatus x nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987892
Relevancy 49.88%

Still an unknown device in the device manager under network adapters.

Couldn't figure out the Unknown device identifier program, and there is no vendor or device id !

Under the device instance id, it says "root\ms_pschedmp\0002"
i googled it but didn't find much information.
I tried to update with my driver cd but it couldn't find the driver either.

A:Unknown Device in Device manager

other things on the dropdown menu:

Service: PSched
Enumerator: Root
Devnode Flags : DN_root_enumerated
DN_Has_problem
DN_Disableable
DN_NT_ENUMERATOR
DN_NT_DRIVER

Class Installer: NetCfgx.dll,NetClassInstaller
Current Power State: D3
Power Capabilities: pdcap_d0_supported
pdcap_d3_supported

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unknown-device-in-device-manager-452533.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hardware id: ACPI\VEN_ASD&DEV_0001ACPI\ASD0001*ASD0001

A:unknown device in device manager

@Hao18? Try this one. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72773.exe REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/unknown-device-in-device-manager/td-p/5699846
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi people I have a huge problem with two unknown devices in my quot Device Manager quot after formating Device device. manager, unknown and reinstalling Device manager, unknown device. fresh copy of Device manager, unknown device. Win Xp Pro I v tryed to find help by google and other forums but I just can t seem to find the right answere Hope to get help from you Here s the problem In my quot Device Manager quot there is two lines with Unknown devices The first one reads The second one reads Well now you got the screenshots I v tryed to find answeres on the net for this problem other places but never got the right answere Hope to here from one ore many of you that maby have a solutin I will take every sugestion seriusly and I will try just about anything to make it work Please somone have the ansvere And yeah sorry about my English It s been some time since school in Norway Oh have a wery nice christmas nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I have a vaio vgn-fw21z and I have installed windows 7 64bit.
When I enter device manager I see a question mark which means that there is a device that has no driver.
(It is in the category 'Other devices--> Unknown device')
Is there any way I can find more details about this unknown device and the driver I need?
Thank you very much.

Relevancy 49.88%

I recently decided to to a clean install of Windows RC x I have been running Windows x because even though I have x processors my laptop came with Vista Ultimate x installed on it in manager. Unknown Device Device After reading about the differences between x and x systems and the fact that I have GB of memory that only came up as GB under x I thought I would experiment with Windows x My only problem so far is one unknown Unknown Device in Device manager. device under device manger I originally had three unknown devices but the first two were based on my Nforce PCI system devices which I finally found here nforce Vista driver in Others drivers - Windows Vista Downloads These are the drivers that worked for my AMD based Nforce system Nforce Vista drivers downloads - NVIDIA nForce Driver WHQL for WinVista Vista driver download - Windows Vista Downloads After installing the drivers I still have that one unknown device listed I tried to run DriverMax but it only supports Vista x not x I also tried PC Wizard and a program called quot Unknown Devices quot that just tells me I have one unknown device No Duh I tried to identify the device by PCI vendor ID but it doesn't show one Since the laptop came with everything pre-installed I have no idea what it can be These are the only things I can find to identify it Hardware Id's ACPI ENE ENE Physical Device Object Name Device d I searched the Internet and the only thing that came close to it was something called quot Smart battery quot which I installed it works but the unknown device is still there I would be very happy if someone could please tell help me to figure out WTH it is and how to install drivers for it Besides this one thing Windows amp x is preforming very well on my laptop so far Thanks in Advance Fubar

A:Unknown Device in Device manager.

Probably drivers for the chipset, all I see on msi's site is 32 bit drivers, so you might be outta luck until they update drivers.

Could always try to download the chipset drivers and point the driver update manually to it.

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=do...5&prod_no=1513

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/10429-unknown-device-device-manager.html
Relevancy 49.88%

when look in the device manager i get this:
http://cloud.addictivetips.com/wp-co...iceManager.jpg
and PCI Device above this to unknown device ( i took this photo from google)
when i try to delete it back after restart or Scan hardware change
please help
lenovo ThinkPad Edge E540 20C6006JIV win 8.1

A:unknown device in device maneger win 8.1

hello,you need to go to Lenovo driver and support website for you model and make sure you have all the updated drivers for all devices on the laptop

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/44677-unknown-device-device-maneger-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a portable hard drive that i attach to my computer device in manager unknown device via USB It has worked fine so far but now when i plug it in the only response i get a message saying quot USB device not recognized one of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned quot and under Device Manager in Universal Serial Bus Controller Ican see not but Unknown Devices If I uninstall them both unplug the hard drive from the usb port and do a Scan For unknown device in device manager Hardware Changes then I will get the message quot Unkown Device Device Driver Software installed successfully quot and one unknown device in device manager unknown device will unknown device in device manager reappear in the Universal Serial Bus Controller Now I wonder what device is that Clicking on properties doesn t really help Plugging in the usb hard drive will bring again the error message quot USB device not recognized quot then quot Unknown device Device driver software installed successfully quot and the unknown devices number in Device manager back to The usb hard drive works fine on other computers so that is not the problem Don t know if I have been very clear in describing the problem but any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

This is the hardware id for the unknown device: ACPI\VEN_ASD&DEV_0001ACPI\ASD0001*ASD0001

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/unknown-device-in-device-manager/td-p/5642472
Relevancy 49.88%

I have recently bought a reconditioned Fujitsu Lifebook S6120.

I have successfully installed all the drivers from Fujitsu's web site. But there is still one "unknown device" - USB BT. Since the machine has an original Bluetooth sticker and the software does not see bluetooth, I suspect this may stand for USB Bluetooth.

The device has the ID

USB\VID_044E&PID_3001&MI_00\6&125FD8C2&0&0000

Does anybody know what this means?
Are any drivers available for this device?
I have used the XP device manager's WEB search,
and manually Fujitsu's site and Driverguide.com but not found anything.

For the moment I've disabled the device to stop getting repeated "found new hardware" messages.
Many thanks,
Oliver Pretzel

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello. I have two unknown devices listed in Device Manager. The devices don't show Hardware IDs in drop-down list. I've attached a txt file with:
DevNode status
Device Instance path
Class Long Name
Class Short Name
Class icon path
siblings
parent

Could someone please help? Thank you.

A:Unknown device (Device Manager)

Could you use this tool to post all the files here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/290370-unknown-device-device-manager.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Dell Dimension which i bought around brand new Everything worked fine for a while until maybe two or three years ago At the time i was using all the usb plug ins which included in the back and in the front for different device not reconized device unknown - USB devices Some of which included three external hard drives I was trying to organize a number of project by placing them into different drives at the time Some of my hard drives started to malfunction one by one Then my usb connections started to malfunction and my computer could or would not recognize the device that was plugged in even though they all are 'plug and play' devices The funny thing about this problem is by changing the location of the usb plug in sometimes the computer would recognize the device However this also started to give me major problems SO i bought USB device not reconized - unknown device a USB device not reconized - unknown device usb pci card and thing started to work better as far as using USB device not reconized - unknown device the pci card Eventually i bought another usb pci card and now i have additional usb slots One of my biggest concerns is reconnecting my external hard drives but connecting them to the pci cards my system is recognizing them Now the issue i am having allot of problems with is my flash drives trying to connect them to the front two usb ports i get an edit usb device not recognized - unknown device Looking at the device manager the device is connected to the computer but there is no drivers for the item There is a special code for that and clicking on the help button just brings up a blank screen When i try to update the drive the computer tells me that the driver already associated with the device is the best match Sometimes i get the yellow question mark and sometimes i don't but i think a 'unknown device' always shows up in device manager I tried a number of different fixes such as - updating my mother board - using a drive scanner and updating all drivers that needed it - updated some Intel stuff - Microsoft usb flash driver manager - updated to sp a couple of times since it would not let me initially do it - etc With the usb pci card i attached a self powered hub which worked good until i tried to disconnect the flash drive stating the device 'generic volume' cannot be stopped right now try stopping the device again later I was using word at the time and saving word documents onto the flash drive so when i closed word i assumed i could disconnect the flash drive but it did not work that way I turned the computer on and off and only then could i disconnect the flash Did it this way a number of times especially when i was able to use the front usb connections Any help would be graciously appreciated i am very limited in my knowledge of computer terminology so please take it easy on me i tried to look thing up on the computer such as the power being issued to usb devices or looking a the usb man web site which lost me after a couple options THANK YOU

A:USB device not reconized - unknown device

okay (bump)

new game plan
if someone could help me with the following info
1- is there a diagnostic program to make sure all of my hardware is working correctly
2- i want to install/reinstall windows xp, is there a guide i can follow or advice about dos and don'ts. also the software programs that i already have on my computer, can i save them to disc (how) or will i have to download them all over again. some i downloaded from the internet so i would not have a disk with them on it.

any help would be appreciated since i ain't no expert
thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-device-not-reconized-unknown-device-311616.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My friend's fairly new computer has started showing an unknown device in Device Manager. The hardware id in properties shows USB\VID-08B1&PID_0018&REV_1501 I've tried to find this on the PCI Database website but have been unsuccessful, as has a Google search. Any ideas how to find out what this device is? Thanks

A:Unknown device in Device Manager

Most likely something that he is plugging into his computer USB port. Try this tool. USB.org - Tools

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/57640-unknown-device-device-manager.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a dimension 9200. 2GB RAM, geforce 7900, core 2 duo 2.13ghz, SATA dvd rom, sata HDD, and everything else is stock and on board. I reinstalled Windows XP to remove all trial software and to reset partitions and now I have an Unkown Device in my device manager.
I had read a couple things about a SATA driver i needed or a chipset driver. I have downloaded both, I thought. I can't seem to find out what it is. It's not hurting anything, it just keeps me up at night.
any thoughts? a nickel to whomever finds the answer, i'll keep hunting.

A:Unknown Device In Device Manager

Welcome to BC PcMedic

Are all peripherals functioning normally?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74631/unknown-device-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Recently installed vista ultimate Device In Device Manager Unknown x fresh on new hd I have been using the same copy on my older hd for months As far as i'm aware Unknown Device In Device Manager i've installed all newest drivers for hardware There are two 'other devices' for which no drivers are installed One I'm pretty certain is the gameport on my audigy zs platinum pro location pci bus which isn't supported in vista the other one is a mystery location Unknown Device In Device Manager 'on Msoft ACPI-Compliant System I don't care about the gameport but i'd like to get to the bottom of the second device The thing is the only thing that makes any sense to me in properties details is in 'siblings' - it looks exactly like the description in the same properties details for my cpu athlon x for which there are already instances in 'processors' quot quot ACPI AuthenticAMD - AMD Family model quot quot etc Could this unknown device have something to do with the cpu and might the fact it's unknown be affecting the computer performance I can give further info if required I've no idea what might be needed TIA FB

A:Unknown Device In Device Manager

did you put in the mobo disc and load the chipset drivers if you dont have it download form manufacturer and install

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unknown-device-in-device-manager-337122.html
Relevancy 49.88%

The hardware id for the unknown device driver is: USB\VID_18D1&PID_D002&REV_0231USB\VID_18D1&PID_D002

A:unknown device in device manager

Hi, Are you trying to connect anything to your computer ? What is it ? Is it a phone or a tablet ? Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/unknown-device-in-device-manager/td-p/5675303
Relevancy 49.88%

I have browsed the solutions provided for this problem but they don't fit my case.

When I go to Properties / Details / Hardware Ids the value is: root\sscbfs_storlib_bus3. Nowhere I can find the VEN or DEV code

A:Device Manager - Unknown Device

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Read the Link below

Is this Unknown Device from SugarSync? . Archive (106) . SugarSync 2.0 - Everything Else . Forum . SugarSync Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/300778-device-manager-unknown-device.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I just put in a new Motherboard An ASUS K V-MX It s a manager in device Unknown device Socket with a Athlon processor an Nvidia video card MB A Creative Labs Audigy SE sound card and GB s of Kingston memory I am runnning Windows XP Pro x on it I just loaded Windows yesterday and I like to get all of my drivers and updates installed first I also usually check in Device Manager Unknown device in device manager to see if there is ever anything I didn t catch In my setup there is a Raid Controller and since I don t use Raid I just disabled it There is also an unknown device and it s driving me crazy not knowing what it is I ran this OS on a previous motherboard and it didn t show up there so I don t know I tried to find a driver for it online by clicking on update driver but nothing came back Then I made the mistake of uninstalling it only to have it ask me everytime during bootup that there is new hardware and would I like to try to find the driver for it So I disabled it But I m still wondering what it can be I would have attached a screenshot of the properties window for the unknown device but I couldnt get it to upload on here It does mention something about VIA PCI to ISA Bridge Hope that helps But I have no ISA slots Also is there any way through the registry or whatever to just completely get rid of these entries in Device manager The RAID entry and the unknown device Everything else on the system has been installed and has it s drivers The only thing I can think of that it could be is that I have a two slot USB add-on for extra USB devices in the back and it s hooked up to one motherboard USB pin header But I really don t think that s it I appreciate any insight into this you can offer nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-device-in-device-manager.723686/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello, was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what this unknown device is.

A:Unknown device in device manager

Hi Dude, this points to Intel Smart Connect Technology if you don't need it turn it off in the bios
sorry I forgot the link http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/278905-unknown-device-device-manager.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I have vista ultmite 32bit and my device manager says I have an unknown device and it needs the driver. the motherboard is an Asus P5E-VM HDMI BTW I'm doing a clean install on this computer please help me find the driver.

here is the info I have under the device manager:

Name: Unknown Device
Device type: Other devices
Manufacture: unknown

DEvice Status:

this device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.
To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

-----------
I have already installed the chip set

A:unknown device in my device manager

Right click on the device and select PropertiesClick on the Details tabIn the dropdown box, select Hardware IDThere will be a string of letters and numbers:- PCI devices have 4 characters following the VEN_ string, and 4 characters following the DEV_ string.- USB devices have 4 characters following the VID_string, and 4 characters following the PID_ string.- other devices may have different stuff - in that case we'll need the entire string of info.Provide us with the information above and we'll have a look see to find out what it is.For PCI devices I look at http://www.pcidatabase.comFor USB devices I look at http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.idsFor the rest of the stuff, I'll start with the system specs and a Google search.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201776/unknown-device-in-my-device-manager/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Dell notebook with what I believe is a USB port on it I recently bought a Microsoft wireless notebook optical mouse There is no installation CD with it you are just supposed to plug it in and it should work Well when I do that I get an error comes up saying USB device not recognized When I look at the properties it says quot no drivers are installed for this device quot and I have the device usage as enabled I ve tried updating the driver and it says I have the most recent updates installed It comes up as an unknown + device device USB recognized not unknown device as well Other things like my printer work in this USB port so I don USB device not recognized + unknown device t think the port itself is defective I also plugged the mouse into another computer and it works with no problems I am running on XP with SP installed The product specs say it should work on USB or so I don t think that is the problem either Any ideas I ve gone through all of the troubleshooting with no luck nbsp

A:USB device not recognized + unknown device

try downloading the latest intellipoint drivers from MS and installing them.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-device-not-recognized-unknown-device.37477/
Relevancy 49.88%

I just reinstalled my win8.1 and now i can't find 2 drivers.  It is listed under the "Other Device" section in the device manager.  The first is the "PCI Device" and the other is "Unknown Device"  Can anyone give me a direct link to these drivers?  I have searched everywhere. The hp website don't list them and when i try to contact them, i can't cause my warranty went out last month. So they want to charge me a fee for some drivers.  You would think customer service would be better than this.  Oh well, someone please help me find them. Thanks

A:Pci device and unknown device drivers

Hi, Please use following instructions to get missing hardware id's then post back:   http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Hardware-ID I think the first one is the card reader but no idea about the second one that why we need their hardware id's. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Pci-device-and-unknown-device-drivers/td-p/5725812
Relevancy 49.88%

Unknown device shows root legacy npf Ran Smitfraudfix exe in Safemode Computer boots I get a blue screen and after about two Unknown in Device Manager device minutes everything loads Unknown device in Device Manager and internet works Homepage was redirected and the HOSTS file was changed I reset my homepage and using WinPatrol did not allow the HOSTS change The HOSTS file Unknown device in Device Manager appears normal with no changes The time notifier in the taskbar changed to military time I changed it back Unknown device still in Device Manager DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Unknown device in Device Manager PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Outlook Express msimn exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www google comuInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext quot c program files outlook express msimn exe quot BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B E dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllBHO ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker BHO f d b -da b- daf- e -dfee a aa - c program files zonealarmsb bar bin SPYBLOCK DLLTB ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker f d b -da b- daf- e -dfee a aa - c program files zonealarmsb bar bin SPYBLOCK DLLTB amp Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllTB AVG Security Toolbar a a -bacc- d - - a e e - c progra avg avg AVGTOO DLLEB - a - b-a - c a a - No FileuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupmRun nwiz nwiz exe installmRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitmRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exemRun CTHelper CTHELPER EXEmRun WinPatrol c program files billp studios winpatrol winpatrol exe -expressbootmRun CTSysVol c program files creative sbaudigy surround mixer CTSysVol exemRun RivaTunerStartupDaemon quot c program files rivatuner v RivaTuner exe quot SmRun ZoneAlarm Client quot c program files zone labs zonealarm zlclient exe quot IE Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - c windows sy... Read more

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/212586/unknown-device-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have Compaq Presario SR1520NX computer.

I have unknown device in Device Manager.

I attached a screen shot of it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...1&d=1320462884

What do you think is wrong ?

How can I fix this ?

Thanks.

Hi

Try this driver:
Summer 2005 Original SiS Chipset Drivers Compaq Presario SR1520NX Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unknown-device-in-device-manager-610599.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am using Windows Ultimate x SP I ran HijackThis as you do and saw was proxy set. Unknown network Unknown adapter. the following line which I removed Internet Settings ProxyServer When running DDS in the dds txt file I found these settings which may be unrelated but I cannot explain them TCP Interfaces D EFE- A - BC - C-B B FC DD DHCPNameServer When I found these items I ran CCleaner just to lighten the amount I needed to scan Then I ran ComboFix and Malwarebytes Antimalware and found nothing I then used GMER and removed a virtual cdrom that had been sitting on Unknown proxy was set. Unknown network adapter. my computer long after Deamon Tools had been removed It is the proxy server that worries me Doing a quick search of it Unknown proxy was set. Unknown network adapter. there does seem to be a Trojan keylogger that will listen on that port Unknown proxy was set. Unknown network adapter. OP http www bleepingcomputer com forums t possible-virus-unknown-proxy-was-set DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by User at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated B BF E- BB- - AB-A A C A C SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated A EAA- - E -AA B- E E EC SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x Razer Diamondback G razerhid exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Program Files x Razer Diamondback G razertra exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x Razer Diamondback G razerofa exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies HydraVision HydraDM exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies HydraVision HydraDM exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - ... Read more

A:Unknown proxy was set. Unknown network adapter.

Ignore. Double post.EDIT: Merged with original post. -etavares

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484534/unknown-proxy-was-set-unknown-network-adapter/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

On a fresh clean Windows 8 image, my software driver (signed) installs fine and shows up properly in the Device Manager. However once i uninstall it , subsequent reinstalls show up as 'Unknown Device' in the Device Manager.

From the device details, I find that it refers to /looks for the .inf file in c:\windows\inf folder but the file itself is missing from the location. The FileRepository has all the required files. But trying to update from there also fails.

Could anyone help me with troubleshooting this problem. What could be going wrong.

Thx,
Gita

A:Device manager shows "Unknown Device" on reinstallation of driver

Please fill your system specs to get help efficiently.
What is your computer make/model?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/9796-device-manager-shows-unknown-device-reinstallation-driver.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello I not USB Front Ports Device Device" in Manager - Working "Unknown recently put together a new computer and in the process of of installing the USB connector from the front of my GX case I either bent numerous pins on the motherboard USB header or the motherboard shipped Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager that way and I inadvertently made matters worse Anyway that header on the motherboard is without a doubt unusable Since I don t really need the USB functionality I bought a USB - gt adapter cable connected one end to the connector on the front of the case and the other end into the USB header on the motherboard Unfortunately when Windows boots and I plug a device into the front ports of the case Windows detects the front USB ports as quot Unknown Device quot within Device Manager yet says the driver is successfully installed I ve already downloaded the most current Intel chipset drivers for my motherboard deleted and reinstalled all USB drivers and all rear USB connections are working perfectly fine - it s just the two front ports that are connected from the case to the USB ports via the adapter cable nbsp I ve tried both USB headers on the motherboard and I ve tried plugging in several devices to the front USB ports and this problem still persists I ve ensured the connection inside the case is solid yet I cannot get Windows to recognize the front USB ports nbsp However I have confirmed that power is being sent to the front ports because it charges my phone when I connect it to the front USB ports via micro USB connection nbsp As a result I m inclined to think this is a driver issue rather than a hardware issue nbsp Any ideas

A:Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager

Do you happen to have a spare machine that you can test the adapter with?  Just as a precaution in case the adapter is faulty.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153104.0.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My OS Win SE keeps detecting is Unknown Device Unknown Too! Me to new hardware on my computer and Unknown Device is Unknown to Me Too! is trying to install the drivers for this new device Problem is I don t have any new devices In the Device Manager it shows up as OTHER DEVICES gt UNKNOWN DEVICE In my system information here is what it says does anybody know what in the heck this could be Unknown Device Unknown This Device Has a Problem Code x C The drivers for this device are not installed correctly To install the driver for this device click the Driver tab and then click Update Driver Registry Key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE enum ACPI INT Alloc resources Logical Configuration Memory Address Range Base xFFF End xFFFFFFFF Base xFFB End xFFBFFFFF Forced resources None Boot resources Logical Configuration Memory Address Range Base xFFF End xFFFFFFFF Base xFFB End xFFBFFFFF Filtered resources None Basic resources Logical Configuration Memory Address Range Base x End x Min xFFF Max xFFFFFFFF Base x End x Min xFFB Max xFFBFFFFF Driver Driver Not Installed nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi

Might be a stoopid question ...

My XBox360 is wired by ethernet into my home network (via Devolo homeplug behind TV).

My music server (Win7 netbook) is not wired, but on the wireless network.

Can I get the XBox to "see" the media folders on the netbook (to play music etc.) using this setup or do I have to have both clients on the same wireless network ?

The Xbox automatically disconnects from the wireless network when ethernet is used.

thanks

A:Can wired network device speak to wireless device ?

Are your wireless and wired networks on the same router? In other words how are they connected to each other?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/210486-can-wired-network-device-speak-wireless-device.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there, I use Wireless internet for both my pc and laptop, and connect through my BT Homehub. But whenever I open the wireless connections tab, it always shows a Talk Talk Wireless option along with the BT one which I use (and sometimes a 3rd connection that is unknown to me).
I think my network is secure, as I have to put a network key in before it will connect to the internet on the PC, but when I connect to the internet on the laptop no key is required, (so unsure a bit now) but I just wanted to make sure that the Talk Talk connection and the other one that is showing, is not somebody who can see all of the files on either my pc or laptop.
Just wanted some advice really, to make sure I dont have anybody viewing my files etc. Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 46.87%

ok so this seems to be a little different than most unknown unknown usb device device problems all of my devices work fine i keep getting pop ups in the task bar telling me new hardware has been found then it pops up unknown USB device not recognized sure enough when i go into my device manager there is an unknown device attached to the usb controller now it seems to come and go usb unknown device and if i watch the device manager for a couple minutes you can see it connecting then disappearing times in a row it first started doing this when i had a couple usb devices plugged in external hd mouse printer since then i have gone as far as doing a fresh XP install and not connecting any usb devices at all but sure enough after a short while new hardware pop up and followed by unknown usb device not recognized i check device manager and there it is it also seems to be sitting in the registry at vid amp pid i can delete the registry and i can uninstall the device but it just keeps coming back now none of this seems to be causing a problem and all of my devices work when plugged in but its an annoyance to have the new hardware and unknown device balloon tip pop up i know i could disable those but clearly there is something wrong and id like to get to the bottom of it rather than just hide it the very first time that it happened was right after i unplugged a storage device from the front of my case rather violently at first i thought maybe i damaged the pins when i pulled it out but the device was plugged into the front of my case and i disconnected those usb headers from the motherboard and still got the unknow device problems mobo xfx i lt sli os xp pro sp nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Got new HP Pavillion 15 au118tx and while pretty much everything worked, I have drivers missing labeled 'Unknown Device' in device manager. Here are the details which I can share:   Device Instance PathACPI\MSFT0101\2&DABA3FF&2 Physical Device Name\Device\0000006e  Hardware Ids:ACPI\MSFT0101*MSFT0101  

A:Unknown Device

Hi, If you're running Windows 7, have you applied the Microsoft Hotfix on the following link? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2920188 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Unknown-Device/td-p/5815057
Relevancy 46.87%

I have the same MB and am having the same issue. I have an unknown PCI device that Unknown Device Identifier says is:
PCI Device [Unknown]
Chip: Nvidia Corp
Detail
Chip Vender
Nvidia Corp
Device
PCI Device
OEM Vender
Nvidia Corp
PnpID
VEN_10DE&DEV_0371&SUBSYS_C55E10DE&REV_A2
OEM Device from Nvidia Corp
PCI standard ISA bridge [Unknown]
Detail
Chip Vender
Nvidia Corp
Device
PCI standard ISA bridge
PnpID
VEN_10DE&DEV_0360&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A2
Vender
(Standard system devices)

I haven't been able to find out what this is. Any help would be great.

Dave

A:Unknown PCI Device

dccrens said:

I have the same MB and am having the same issue. I have an unknown PCI device that Unknown Device Identifier says is:
PCI Device [Unknown]
Detail
Chip Vender
Nvidia Corp
Device
PCI Device
OEM Vender
Nvidia Corp
PnpID
VEN_10DE&DEV_0371&SUBSYS_C55E10DE&REV_A2
OEM Device from Nvidia Corp
PCI standard ISA bridge [Unknown]
Detail
Chip Vender
Nvidia Corp
Device
PCI standard ISA bridge
PnpID
VEN_10DE&DEV_0360&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A2
Vender
(Standard system devices)

I haven't been able to find out what this is. Any help would be great.

DaveClick to expand...

Your issue appears to be related to nVidia audio. My advice in post #7 applies here too. But please start your own thread so the issues don't become confused.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-pci-device.524766/
Relevancy 46.87%

Windows insists on trying to load an Unknown Device but can t find any drivers for it Everything seems to be working ok too so when Device Unknown I choose to cancel the install or delete it from Device Manager once it does install I don t notice any loss in performance All my connected peripherals are accounted for Looking at my bootlog txt on page I see new line C Starting TelePath K for Windows ISAPNP USR new line C Dynamic load Unknown Device device new line C Dynamic load failed new line C Started TelePath K for Windows ISAPNP USR The text new line is my addition to mark each new line in the log This suggests to me that the problem might be in the modem but I ve tried removing and reinstalling the modem No change Short of actually removing the modem card which I don t really care to do I m stumped Other peripherals I have installed are Gina sound card MOTU Midi controller Iomega Ditto GB tape drive HP E CD-RW Mitsumi CD-ROM drive Canon scanner As I said all seem to be operating as they should I removed the Ditto and MOTU cards with no change Unknown Device Windows still tries to load an Unknown Device It loads it under the same category Unknown Device Any suggestions nbsp

Have you checked in control panel-system, is there a yellow cirle with an exclamation mark init next to the modem, or any other device for that matter. I know that sometimes the device part installs and works but there may be some feature which hasnt been setup correctly, identified by this marker. If there is then your modem doesnt seem to be installed properley.
HOPE THIS HELPS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-device.33247/
Relevancy 46.87%

Device Manager is showing an unknown device and I can't find it.

The Device Instance Path shows: ROOT\LEGACY_CPUZ132\0000 but I can't figure it out.

I do have the Legacy family tree package installed but I can't see how that could be causing the problem.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Simon

Hello,

1) Uninstall that device, then reboot. If new hardware is found, Windows will automatically install the driver or prompt you.

2) Also, download free Malwarebytes and run a scan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/96385-unknown-device.html
Relevancy 46.87%

In my device manager I have an "Unknown Device" and I have no idea what it could be. The only hardware slotted into the motherboard are the sound and graphics cards, which are both installed properly with their drivers, and they both work properly too without errors.

I think it might somehow be related to my failing USB (all USB slots on my motherboard are dead, even new ones that I put in, USB controler chip is dead or something).

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? Thanks.

You could take alook at the details of the device and look up the PCI or USB IDs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device.94270/
Relevancy 46.87%

guys help me ive got a problem with my 8gb usb device, when i plug in at my pc it will detect only as "usb device not recognized" or sometimes unknown device, pls help me with this problem cause ive got so many important files on that usb i mentioned hope someone can solve my problem..

A:usb unknown device

Has that device ever worked on that machine?

Try cleaning up the USB.

USB Device Cleanup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-unknown-device.840811/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi
I have an Acer desktop running win 7. I keep getting two unknown usb devices but there are no usb device connected. I have tried disabling the devices, unstalling drivers and even formatted the HD, but they keep popping back. I have updated all my drivers.

In device manager the have this as "strong name for drivernode" (translated from norwegian) usb.inf:Generic.Section.NTx86:BADDEVICE.Dev:6.1.7601.17586:usb\unknown

They are really driving me mad! How can I get rid of them?

A:USB Unknown device

Hello forbru. Welcome to the Forum.

I found this:
Unknown USB Device - Microsoft Answers
See if it will help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/186263-usb-unknown-device.html
Relevancy 46.87%

in my Device manager there is some other devices that are marked with inerogation mark (?) what is that?

A:unknown device

there are devices on the PC that may not have the correct drivers installed

post a screen shot here

try right click and see if you can update the driver

make and model of the PC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

post a screen shot of the device manager

------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to upload attachments

goto a reply as normal
just under the text box where you type a reply you will see two buttons
click on the right hand button labelled " Go Advanced "

then scroll down a little
you will see a button
"Manage Attachments"
click on that button - another window opens

click on " Choose File "
locate the image to upload
and then click on upload

that should attach to the post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unknown-device-601096.html
Relevancy 46.87%

i installed the latest windows 7 demo and everything seems too work good after i installed all my drivers.my laptop is a compaq presario f500.i just have one thing in my device manager that says "unknown device"i clicked on properties and it says"microsoft acpi-compliant system" i updated the bios but that doesnt seem too do it.there is a reference too setupapi.dll in the properties also.is there anyway to fix this,or should i disable it?thanks

A:unknown device help

At a guess, you may need to install the nVidia chipset drivers for your notebook.

HP/Compaq has no Win7 drivers for it, but the Vista drivers may work:

Select software and drivers*

Do you get (from the Win7 install, or Windows Update) good drivers for the notebook's graphics, sound, etc.? It'd be nice if the Windows 7 installer included every conceivable driver, but it may not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/22233-unknown-device-help.html
Relevancy 46.87%

In tuneup utilities 2010 it tells me this
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/669/68038589.png
i dont know where did this kl1 device came.when i open device manager,i cant find that device

A:Unknown Device???

kl1 is a driver for Kaspersky antivirus.

In device manager, show hidden devices.

Under Non-Plug and Play Drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/34364-unknown-device.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Unknown PCI device PCI Slot 8 (PCI Bus 3, Device 0 Function 0) PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_522A&SUBSYS_8101103C&REV_01PCI_VEN_10EC&DEV_522A&SUBSYS_8101103CPCI_VEN_10EC&DEV_522A&SUBSYS_FF0000PCI_VEN_10EC&DEV_522A&SUBSYS_FF00 Any Ideas What Driver Is Required?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Unknown PCI device

@Kyle-Crowther? http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-probook-450-g3-notebook-pc/7834555/swItemId/ob-169267-1 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Unknown-PCI-device/td-p/5800713
Relevancy 46.87%

This is not a new problem, it has been there as long as W7 has been installed, but since I have not experienced anything inoperative or other problems, I've let it go unattended until now, simply out of laziness. I'm looking at it now, because it has been nagging me too long.

I have very little data to go on, except that found in the two screenshots below. The question is, how to pursue this without going in circles?

A quick google search reveals thats the gameport on your mobo. If you are not into joysticks, disable the gameport in your bios, otherwise locate the drivers from asus.

ACPI\PNPB02F Unknown device issue solution

ACPI\PNPB02F Unknown device issue solved!!!! - Vista Forums

ACPI\PNPB02F Unknown device

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/125149-unknown-device.html