Windows Support Forum

Constantly repairing network connection

Q: Constantly repairing network connection

I need some help here.

I work in a small office where we have about 10 computers on a LAN. Recently I upgraded one of our computers to XP Pro with SP3. It ran fine for about two weeks and then the internet started to not work. I "repaired?" the network connection and it worked for about 5 minutes and went down again. It seems like it is sending data but not receiving. I have done a lot of research and tried many suggestions on a few forums and nothing has helped. I even reformated the hard drive and reinstalled windows xp...still nothing. I know my way around computers enough to follow directions if anyone can help it would be appreciated!

-Austin

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Constantly repairing network connection

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 71.81%

I posted a thread months ago, and have not managed to get a resolution. So here goes again.

We recently upgraded some of our computers in our office. We now have 15 PC's half running Windows 98, and the other half running XP pro. The XP's lose their connection to the network a dozen times a day. We have to repair the connection or reboot to reconnect to the network.

Info you may need to know in order to help.
connect via ethernet
network set up as workgroup
DHCP via router lease times set at one week

I think it is some setting in the XP computers, as the 98 computers have not had any problems at all.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Roydaler

A:Repairing network connection in XP

Try checking your firewall settings. We had a similar issue here at my office.
Turned out one of our XP computers had a third-party firewall and it blocked access from other computers. Everytime it became the master browser people started losing connections. Disabled the firewall, and everything went back to normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repairing-network-connection-in-xp.374484/
Relevancy 71.81%

My connection indicator says that it is connected and signal strength is excellent. About every five minutes, however, I can't connect (indicator stays the same). I need to "repair" it and then it works fine. Until the same thing happens again a short time later.

What is the cause? How can I fix it??

Relevancy 71.81%

Hi, we have 15 PC's in our office network. We recently replaced some older PC's with new PC's running Windows XP. Some have SP1 and some SP2. I have had problems with SP2 and haven't been too excited about installing it.

My question is about connectivity to the network. When one of the PC's is left unattended for an hour or so and then you try to connect to the network, you are unable to connect. The only way to get connected is to reboot the PC or to go to My Network Places, and repair the connection. Repairing the connection would be fine, but sometimes you have to do this a half dozen times a day. It gets rather frustrating and you regret upgrading your PC!!!

Does anyone know why this is, or how to fix the problem once and for all.

thanks
roydaler

A:Repairing network connection in XP

You need to expound upon this alot! How are you connecting wirelessly or via Ethernet? Ias this on a domain or is it a workgroup? Are these hardcoded Ip's or are they DHCP? If they are DHCP is it via a router or a dedicated DHCP server? Also if DHCP what are the lease times set for?

Your right repairing a network ocnnection constantly is not a way anyone should work so hopefully we can get down to the root cause.

Also another question was any of your network topology changed when you went from the old PC's to the new ones running windows XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repairing-network-connection-in-xp.334700/
Relevancy 70.95%

Repairing Network Connection in XP fails because "Cannot Renew IP Address". Started because of Limited or No Connectivity Status (no internet access). Also when viewing available wireless networks, mine is displayed as a Security Enabled network even though WEP is Disabled. Thanks for your replies.

Relevancy 67.94%

I've formatted my HP 530 Notebook (using 'Operating System CD - Windows XP Professional SP2'). All went well. It was my first format but I read a lot on the internet, so I knew I had to download and install the chipset, the bus driver, the audio and video drivers, the network adapters, etc. This I did, on the HP website .
Everything is working perfectl...ssing and appreciate for a quick help please.

A:Wireless Network Connection icon disappear after repairing Windows XP on HP 530 Lapt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-icon-disappear-after-repairing-windows-xp-on-hp-530-lapt.1134706/
Relevancy 63.21%

My two desktop computers never break their network connection. My laptop breaks the connection of my home network constantly but never breaks other connections: i.e., when I am using a WI connection at a cafe or when I am visiting family and using their network. There have been a couple of periods when the laptop will work at home for two or three weeks in a row without breaking the connection.
All three compters are Windows XP. The laptop location has no effect on the problem.

A:Network connection breaks constantly on laptop

Some things you can try here.
For wireless connections, change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
For wireless connections, try moving either the wireless router/AP or the wireless computer. Even a couple of feet will sometimes make a big difference.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.
Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-breaks-constantly-on-laptop.789507/
Relevancy 63.21%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 63.21%

I recently suffered a virus attack Connection LAN Constantly Acquiring Network Address on my home PC I believe that I cleared the viruses and malware on my computer but now I am unable to connect to the internet My PC is connected to a Linksys router which is in turn connected to my modem The laptops that are wirelessly connected to my network can connect to the internet but the LAN Connection Constantly Acquiring Network Address PC LAN connection cannot I ve unplugged cables power cycled the modem and router and uninstalled and reinstalled the network adapter I ve followed suggestions seen on other threads and have noticed that the DHCP will not start I m at a loss here I ran ipconfig all and here s what I got Microsoft Windows XP Version C LAN Connection Constantly Acquiring Network Address Copyright - Microsoft Corp Windows IP Configuration Host Name Family Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti LAN Connection Constantly Acquiring Network Address on Physical Address - C- E-FA- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe c eff fefa Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Can anyone please give me some suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

I have an HP Pavilion a e running Windows Vista I work in a small office and we connect to a connection, network losing Windows Constantly Vista larger network through ports on our floor our network Constantly losing network connection, Windows Vista admin said our connection is a DS though I m not familiar with that When I start up my computer I can connect to the internet just fine but certain events will trigger a lost connection that cannot be repaired unless i restart This will usually happen when I am downloading a file such as an Constantly losing network connection, Windows Vista installation file or an update file though it also occasionally happens while I am just browsing My network admin has no clue what the problem is and HP s tech support is stumped and difficult to deal with There are certain sites from which I can download a file and I will undoubtedly lose my connection its not a random occurrence I know a little bit about computers and it seems to me that once my bandwidth reaches a certain limit over some interval of time my connection is completely lost Not sure if this is correct but that is the feeling I get Sorry this is so wordy any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi Im using my old laptop for python coding and generally Youtube Its a Toshiba Tecra M It has PAE disabled by default so I can only run Windows XP on it Which I am happy with but the only problem is to have I my keep wifi to repairing constantly stay online that the built in wifi keeps losing connection randomly I have to then right click on the icon and click repair for it to reconnect The driver was picked up automatically by Windows I have even tried updating the driver from Toshiba website but still the same problem To avoid this problem I installed Linux and tried running that but Linux is horrible on my machine dont know why Browsing is extremely sluggish and youtube is unwatchable I believe its because of no proper drivers for my I have to constantly keep repairing my wifi to stay online nVidia I have to constantly keep repairing my wifi to stay online card I I have to constantly keep repairing my wifi to stay online have tried Ubuntu Xubuntu and even Lubuntu All have the same problem But in Linux the wifi connection does not drop Its stable as it should be So now I have removed Linux and am back on Windows but this wifi problem is driving me up the wall Would appreciate some help here Here is a detailed speccy report if needed http pastebin com yqcXCTAj Thank you

A:I have to constantly keep repairing my wifi to stay online

Download and install the latest intel driver for the 2200bg here. You should have 32bit XP. I had to link to Google cache as I could not access the site direct for some reason.

For the distros you mentioned you need to install proprietary Nvidia drivers. Ask about this in the linux forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619534/i-have-to-constantly-keep-repairing-my-wifi-to-stay-online/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have RAID Mirrors a Tb and X Tb I run fully updated Windows bit on a Gigabyte P A-UD motherboard I have been running happily for a couple of years Recently last weeks every & Why Repairing"? my 1 Mirrors constantly RAID "Verifying are time I switch my desktop on I get quot Verifying amp Repairing quot in my Notification area When I double click on it and run IAStorUI I see that all three of my mirrors are quot Verifying amp Repairing quot Few days ago one drive of one of my Tb mirrors died I ran for a couple of days with the quot V amp R quot message on mirrors with the third mirror quot Degraded quot I replaced the dead drive and this time it rebuilt while the other were quot V amp R quot ing Next time I switched on - NO quot V amp R quot message warning so I thought quot Yah fixed it quot Next switch on - quot Verifying amp Repairing quot Why are my RAID 1 Mirrors constantly "Verifying & Repairing"? warning AGAIN and since Anyone any clue what is going on Can I fix stop these warnings Is another disc failing I am worried enough to consider quot splitting quot ALL my mirrors as it can't be good for the drives to be constantly quot Verifying amp Repairing quot The quot V amp R quot runs for about hours quot Oh yes quot how do I split the mirrors change the mirrors back to separate duplicate discs and manually sync them

A:Why are my RAID 1 Mirrors constantly "Verifying & Repairing"?

What brand and model hard drives are in the mirrors?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311228-why-my-raid-1-mirrors-constantly-verifying-repairing.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi need wireless repairing my connection to keep I My internet connection keeps dropping out a simple repair on the wireless network fixes it but is quite annoying My wireless connection isn t effected and stays strong I have a D-Link DIR- Router with WEP security I run windows XP with a Ralink n Wireless LAN Card and my wireless utility is Windows utility I found a similar thread here http forums techguy org networking -need-keep-repairing-network-connection html The solution offered was Since you are using XP s WZC make sure the Dell WLAN utility is not also I need to keep repairing my wireless connection running I think it runs as a service as WZC does Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services I guess the same applies to me if the Ralink has a utility running I ve gone to Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services but don t really know what I m looking for I can t see anything running that has Ralink in the title My computer is Dell so maybe there is Dell WLAN running too but again i can t see anything in the - services program It was also suggested that maybe my Ralink was set up to power save but I have checked all three of my adapters and they are all set to CAM Any ideas nbsp

A:I need to keep repairing my wireless connection

usually it is not the manufacturers who have the utilities but Dell does.
it it has a utility i would assume you would see it running in the notification area on the bottom right.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-to-keep-repairing-my-wireless-connection.839724/
Relevancy 54.18%

i woke up this morning and found that for some reason,every time i boot up my pc now,i'm having to use the 'repair connection' in my network settings to get online,even though my network settings icon claims i'm connected and live.packets are being sent back anmd forth even.i've not changed anything in my settings. in fact everything looks normal in the network settings fields. when this happens i can't use ie or even firefox. i'm using time warner cable.the modem itself checks out okay.hope someone can help me.this is getting annoying

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repairing-connection-at-each-bootup.551741/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am having the same/similar issue. I have connected a cable directly to the laptop, and neither the laptop or the router recognize they are connected.

I have gone to network connections and both the wireless and LAN say they are enabled. However I cannot even "Scan" to find wireless connections. So I am thinking this issues is somewhere at the root level.

I have two other laptops currently connected via wireless and one desktop via lan, and all are working fine.

Background to this.

I started having this problem after I ran this this file "ResetTCPIP.msi" from support.microsoft.com - "How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)".

A:Can't connect after repairing network.

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-after-repairing-network.835303/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm trying to repair the wireless network connection by right clicking the icon in the lower right tool bar but I get the following error: "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Disabling the wireless network adapter. Make sure your netwrk adapter is properly installed". I have a Toshiba Satellite M45 so everything has been "pre-installed". I'm very new at the whole computer "tech" thing so I do not even know where to begin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,
Hopefully someone will be able to help me. This past week, my computer here at work got infected by spyware, malware, virus, trojan...you name it. Soooo, I ran AVG, Spybot, & hijack this. I removed all the junk, or so I thought. The pc was running really badly after all that, so I ran ccleaner and fixed registry issues...well, it was still running awful. I decided to reformat my drive. Evereything turned out fairly well, but, now the connection between this pc and my boss's laptop ono her office if not working. HSe is totally computer illiterate, so she is no help. I know that they shared a "Z" drive, and are connected wirelessly. She would access our appointment book program through thatdrive, and now she can not.
Can anyone help before I lose me job.
Thanks

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I am seeking to decipher an error message I got when I used the Diagnose Connection Problems in IE the message I got when I attempted to repair my wireless network connection by right-clicking on the icon in the tray -- network matter Repairing adapter Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following Repairing network adapter matter action could not be completed Disabling the wireless network adapter Make sure your network adapter is properly installed -- was quite useless to me because the Atheros AR G Wireless Network adapter was preinstalled on my Toshiba Satellite A -S notebook a WinXP system with SP applied OK using the Diagnose Connection Problems tool provided some help -- and more questions specifically a message in the diagnostic log revealed this action Automated repair Reset network connection action Disabling the network adapter error Failed while disabling the network adapter error Failed with error x F D The class installer registry entry is invalid So this is what I don t know how to solve Where in the Registry can I find the entry Since the entry is said to be invalid what would a valid entry look like Repairing network adapter matter I can disable re-enable the adapter through the Device Manager but it had been more of a Repairing network adapter matter hassle without the success in clearing the earlier error message I have uninstalled reinstalled the driver for the Atheros three times am not sure if an updated driver exists which leads me to another question I have in the Registry five references to Wireless Connections Wireless Connection Wireless Connection Wireless Connection and the current Wireless Connection Is there a way in clearing out some of those Registry entries since in my opinion there is no point having them if I can t access the previous ones Unfortunately for me re-installing the driver didn t provide a valid entry wanted to get that EEK out of my system Well searching the Web hadn t been any help but I did find this forum so I hope that I can gain something from this beside a headache thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

My Verizon wireless cellular air-card G hotspot modem router jet pack l constantly times out or only partially loads pages while browsing the internet Or I drops constantly connection Verizon connection Wireless get an error that the quot server not found quot This had happened ever since I got a new PC with Windows I have reset the modem reseated the SIM card checked for new soft ware and firmware none at this time I have updated my network adapter driver Checked for a hidden Microsoft mini adapter none there Checked Microsoft s support forums for compatibility issues Nothing has helped What else can I do Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G HR Antivirus Norton Updated and Verizon Wireless connection constantly drops connection Enabled Windows IP Configuration Host Name Peggy-XPS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DW n WLAN PCIe Card Physical Address C -CB- - - -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f ee cea e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September AM Lease Expires Friday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -E - - B- B-B -FD- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C CE C -F D- E C-BFA - E D A F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Verizon Wireless connection constantly drops connection Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c bf e c b c be Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe bf e c b c be Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I have had this out times constantly... Connection problem for months now it has finally Connection times out constantly... gotten to the point where I cannot even use my internet due to the frustration of reloading a web-page x and have it still keep timing out I have tried calling ISP Road Runner TWC everything quot looks quot fine on their side I updated to Connection times out constantly... a newer modem yet the problem still exists I have tried just running a connection straight from modem - gt pc Connection times out constantly... and the problem persists So I assume I can rule out router nics wireless adapters Any help would be greatly appreciated here is a TRACERT showing the time-outs Code TRACERT google com Tracing route to google com over a maximum of hops ms ms Request timed out ms ms Request timed out Request timed out ms ms ms Request timed out ms ms ms ms ms ms Request timed out Request timed out ms ms Request timed out ms ms ms ms Trace complete nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Well I ve looked everywhere on the internet and on the belkin site I got the losing connection constantly newest drivers I am runnin WinXP and one the other computer is runnin XP Pro That computer has a belkin wirless router and on the computer with the problem i have a wirless g usb network card f d everytime I download large files it just kind of drops the internet connection At first i thought it was just from the p p and than i figured out it was not only on the utorrent but also on just regular file download I m not asking about p p programs because i ve read the rules and dont want to get this thread closed so I am saying even when losing connection constantly not using p p and just downloading regular files it drops the connection It doesnt drop it per say because the little icon still says I have a connection but i cant download or view webpages I use utorrent for downloading free vtms and they use u torrent to distribute these things it is not used for illegal downloads Anyways anyone have any ideas thanks alot nbsp

A:losing connection constantly

a. Does this happen only with the wireless or also with the ethernet connected PC? If it happens with the ethernet, try with a PC connected directly to the modem to see what happens.

b. When the problem happens, can the other computer still access the internet?

c. When the problem happens, please do the following on the problem computer to try to narrow down just where the problem is occurring.

First determine if the problem PC is really communicating with the router when it claims to be connected.

To open a Command Window: Start - Run – cmd (command in 98SE) - OK

To determine a computer's IP address and router's IP address: open a Command Window and type
ipconfig /all

The "Gateway" is the router's IP address.

Now for some troubleshooting:

1. On the PC open a Command window and type
ping IProuter (where IProuter is the IP address of the router)

Do you get Replies, or do you get packets lost?

IF you got replies,
2. ping 66.94.234.13 (or any other internet address you know)

If you got replies,
3. ping www.yahoo.com (or any other internet name)

d. How do you then get reconnected to the internet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-connection-constantly.486703/
Relevancy 46.87%

At least a couple of times a day, my internet connection will disconnect and I will have to repair it by right clicking on the connection icon and clicking repair. I have a dsl internet connection which I am using wirelessly through a router. The router is Netgear WGT624v3. I called technical support and they said that it was because I have more than one firewall. So I uninstalled my firewall and now I am just using the router's firewall. But it still will randomly disconnect. Please help.

Relevancy 46.87%

Hey all I have windows XP media center edition with a wireless network The connection strength is good and the wirless network works perfectly fine untill i start up a file sharing program like utorrent as soon as I do that not - seconds later i lose the connection It doesn t drop the connection because it shows that I still have a connection but nothing is being recieved and I cannot view internet pages or download anything but it shows connection constantly losing it still has a connection but it shows nothing is being recieved I have a wirless g usb network and on the other computer there is a wirless g router can anyone tell me how to correct this it was working fine for a while and I was able to use utorrent and limewire than it took a crap losing connection constantly on me The only way I can restart the internet connection so it works again is by going over to the router and restarting the router I can use limweir eon the computer with the router but I can t use it with the wirless connection Anyone know whats going on Thanks alot Chris Sprance nbsp

A:losing connection constantly

"Anyone know whats going on."

As a starter, you didn't read, or choose to ignore, the forum rules about p2p programs/problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-connection-constantly.486694/
Relevancy 46.87%

Ok this one repair have connection, please help! to Constantly has managed to elude me for long enough now by the powers Constantly have to repair connection, please help! of grayskull and all that i ask for help to banish this demon from my network Basically i use bitcomet alot but by using bitcomet with maybe just one download running it can make it so i can t get a webpage up or it s very slow browsing despite the fact my connection is mb service and the download is only consuming say about kb s so i thought maybe i have connections limited but also another strange thing is that sometimes the router locks up and i have to restart that also i have to repair the internet connection every day or two So i m no fed up of this poor service Any ideas i m thinking it could be down to the router but i am not sure don t wanna have to pay out more money if possible to avoid the router is a belkin g wireless router although currently the wireless has been switched off the firmware is uptodate on the router and i ve tried it with all sorts of different configurations I get the impression it s bottlenecking somewhere and it could well be down to the connections nbsp

A:Constantly have to repair connection, please help!

replace the router with a quality linksys product.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constantly-have-to-repair-connection-please-help.26641/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am running VISTA Home Pro

Earthlink Modem : Broadxent DSL Modem :: 8012 - G1

LinkSys Router : WRT320N

I am constantly getting interrupts of very short duration.

I have had adjustments and replacements by Earthlink and LinkSys to no avail

LinkSys changed MRU and channels and things ( updated firmware ) - no change ... Earthlink sent me 4 different modems

I even removed my last installed software

I tried that Xirrus Wifi Inspector - but it showed me ( and continues to show me ) nothing.

Does anybody have any ideas ?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

Relevancy 46.87%

In the last few weeks I've begun to notice repetitive notices in lower right hand corner that quot Internet Disconnected quot and a minute or so later quot Internet now Connected quot This Internet On Connection Constantly Off and happens often to me when I'm sitting here working on my computer It keeps happening all the time that I'm using the computer I have no idea if it happens any other time I have an Ethernet wired-lan off a switch and Cisco Router with a wireless LAN also Usually there is only one other wired node a computer on the wired LAN But there are other wireless nodes on the router but few active at the moment The node most active is a wireless Canon Multi-function printer but tablets and other stuff can be on and off at any time I've no correlation between other wired and wireless devices and this phenomenon I'm running Win bit in a quad core gb Internet Connection Off and On Constantly mem machine Many thanks for advice

A:Internet Connection Off and On Constantly

Hi,
I'd check your network card properties for options that say allow this computer to turn off the device to save power.
Also check your Ethernet cable for slack in the connection, maybe replace it.
Do you get any other messages, like IP conflict etc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310576-internet-connection-off-constantly.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello long time reader first time poster I searched around for answers and I saw many similar problems as mine but none of the solutions fixed the problem My internet consists of Motorola Surfboard modem connected to Linksys VoIP Phone Adapter with Router which is then connected to the Linksys Constantly losing connection WRT G Wireless Router I use Windows Vista on of my computers and of them is a Macbook Pro I doubt this matters because when the internet loses connection all computers lose it simultaneously Constantly losing connection Everything is fine and dandy for around - minutes However after a random time period it suddenly seems to lose connection for about seconds to seconds then come back This is extremely frustrating if I was in a middle of a computer game which can last for minutes or a hour- especially when I m online with my friends I diagnosed the connection when it lost its connection was dead and it showed the message Cannot Communicate with DNS server Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not Constantly losing connection receive a response This was going on for a while now and I ve been trying to fix the problem to no avail My friends call me the DCer Disconnecter or PPer Plug Puller because of this frustrating problem Any help is greatly appreciated and I will take steps necessary to single out the problem Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Constantly losing connection

I'd suggest you change the configuration and connect the WRT54G directly to the modem, then connect the VoIP adapter to one of the router ports. I've used my VoIP with both the Vonage adapter, and now the Linksys one in that configuration for years.

Before I did that, I used to have random disconnections with the router behind the VoIP box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constantly-losing-connection.857244/
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm having the worst time accessing webpages with my new laptop. The pages will show up fine on my old laptop, but I'll get a connection reset message or an unable to connect message on my new laptop while browsing that same webpage at the same time on my old. What can I do about this?

It won't work in Internet Explorer or Firefox.

I'm running Windows 7 on an Acer Aspire One. I've turned my Avast firewall on and off and cleared my DNS cache. I'm out of ideas. I'm sorry - I'm not exactly sure where to put this question on the forums.

A:Connection reset constantly

Make sure you have the latest driver for the network adapter. If it is an integrated adapter get it from the laptop manufacturer's web site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-reset-constantly.1017160/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hopefully someone here can give me a hand I ve searched and search and haven t been able to find someone else who has had this problem I have a Dell Precision M laptop that I my online have "repairing" keep connection to I to stay use in multiple locations At home I connect to the internet with Shaw Cable and a Linksys WRT GS router both wired and wireless at different times This has worked flawlessly for months and continues to work well The problem comes when I try to bypass the router and connect to the modem directly My reason for this is gaming I play Age of Conan and the router creates a lag issue that makes the game unplayable Their tech department suggested that I bypass the router and that fixed the problem For about two weeks I had no I have to keep "repairing" my connection to stay online problem The last few times however it has stopped working I plug the laptop into the modem and get the connection set up then I have about - minutes of internet before it cuts out If I right-click on the connection and click repair it works for about another - minutes And so on and so on I ve phone the ISP and they are stumped I ve search all over the internet and I ve tried everything I can think of hopefully someone here can think of something to help me out Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Pardon if the message is short.

Whenever i use firefox, approximately 5-7 mins into my session
the internet connection is lost. I have also tried using IE, but to no avail.
I can ping pages such as google, so i think the problem may be software on my computer, but i am not sure.
I got Vundo a few days ago and it seems eradicated with some help i received on this site, so many of the
scans and logs have been used and tested.
I am not sure what to do...

thanks for the time

here are some logs

A:Constantly losing internet connection

What type of Internet access do you have? Are you using a router in combination with the modem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constantly-losing-internet-connection.119413/
Relevancy 46.44%

My laptop is an Intel Pentium Inside, made by Toshiba.

From what I can tell, my laptop is the only one in the house that seems to have issues with its wireless connectivity. At any given point in time, it will just seem to have issues staying connected, drop the connection for a few moments, and then restore it a few seconds later.

Now, while this doesn't interfere with internet usage very often, this does mean that Instant Messengers and things such as chatrooms are frequently exited out of for me, which has grown to be very annoying.

Every time I move my laptop from one room to another or shut down the computer and start it back up, it drops the connection. Recently, it has even started randomly dropping the connection throughout the day.

I'm at wit's end, and I have no idea what to do. Can anyone help me with this?

A:Wireless Connection Constantly Drops

and welcome to the Forum

The first thing to do is update the network driver . . download the newest one from the Toshiba support site.

Official Toshiba Support | Toshiba

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wireless-connection-constantly-drops-851194.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Dell Studio running Windows x I recently encountered some problems with dropping constantly Internet connection my internet dropping after a few minutes To temporarily fix the problem I used troubleshooting which would give me the message quot The connection between your access point router or cable Internet connection constantly dropping modem and the Internet is broken Detected The default gateway is not available Fixed quot I tried restoring to a previous date when I didn't have this problem but nothing changed The problem usually occurs when I'm in a skype call or I'm trying to watch a youtube video My ipconfig all is Windows IP Configuration Host Name ROMEO-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DW Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Physical Address C-AC- C- F- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Internet connection constantly dropping Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ea d e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August- - PM Lease Expires September- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e b f fff Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe b f fff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap FAE C - - C A- C -B B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Edit My other devices can connect to the internet perfectly fine the problem only occurs on this laptop My ISP is rogers I have a Cisco DPC and I use AVG

A:Internet connection constantly dropping

Quote: Originally Posted by User191680

I have a Dell Studio 1558 running Windows 7 x64.

I recently encountered some problems with my internet dropping after a few minutes. To temporarily fix the problem I used troubleshooting which would give me the message

"The connection between your access point, router or cable modem and the Internet is broken. Detected

The default gateway is not available. Fixed"

I tried restoring to a previous date when I didn't have this problem but nothing changed. The problem usually occurs when I'm in a skype call or I'm trying to watch a youtube video.

My ipconfig/all is

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : ROMEO-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 3:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 5C-AC-4C-7F-53-E8
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::99ea:d3e6:4798:d859%18(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.12(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : August-27-13 3:28:31 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : September-03-13 3:28:33 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 64.71.255.204
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 13:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:4137:9e76:18b8:2502:3f57:fff3(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::18b8:2502:3f57:fff3%23(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{3FAE5C00-1905-4C5A-9C15-B391B024C170}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Edit: My other devices can connect to the internet perfectly fine, the problem only occurs on this laptop.
My ISP is rogers, I have a Cisco DPC3825 and I use AVG

Hi User191680,

Welcome to Seven forums.

I apologize for all the inconvenience this issue has caused and promise you that I will do my best to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

First of all check the system under safe mode with networking and check if the issue occurs in this mode as well:

Safe Mode

Then you should try updating to the latest driver for the wireless card from the link below:

DW1501

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/302700-internet-connection-constantly-dropping.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So heres the story for a shorter more to the point thing go below approximately weeks Spiking Wireles Connection Constantly ago I noticed that my internet started spiking severly to the point where my even web browsing would lag then connect you can simply imagine how horrible it would have been for gaming I first thought this was a Wireles Connection Spiking Constantly modem problem and contacted my provider Rogers to fix the problem They assumed it was a problem on there end and told me they would get someone to check the Wireles Connection Spiking Constantly server lines However after a couple of days they told me that it was infact the modems problem itself so I made the trip Wireles Connection Spiking Constantly to get a replacement The problem still persisted so I thought it was an internal problem so I replaced my intel for a Intel Issue at hand When I replaced my wifi card it was working fine the first couple of minutes then the problem rose again Watching videos opening browsers etc are right now completely fine but if it comes to gaming the lag spikes make it unbearable to do anything Even in downloading theres a drop in speed every odd minute that shows in the graph How do I fix this problem Its been bugging me intensely and I d love to get rid of it once and for all Current wifi card Intel n Computer Sager nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireles-connection-spiking-constantly.1034465/
Relevancy 46.44%

This was copy from post I am having the same situation I also have the same wireless adaptor I am sorry if this is the wrong forum but I am stumped at the moment I am running a Toshiba Satellite Pro on a connection from Virgin which runs straight into my apple Time machine airport constantly connection dropping wireles base station The Toshiba is new and was bought after I bought a Compaq and had the same problem that my Toshiba is now having The Toshiba only exhibited these problems after I allowed a microsoft update I have since uninstalled the update but the constantly dropping wireles connection compouter is still do ing it Basically I turn on and am able to connect up go onto msn onto internet explorer then both stop working msn says i am signed out Internet explorer wont surf If i go to the network icon in the bottom right it is still connected If I click it and bring up the control panel it says I am still on line and everything is ok Only if I disconnect and then reconnect will internet explorer and msn start working again This happens about every mins or so fine for a min or two then nothing nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello everyone I really hope someone can help! For the last few weeks especially I have been having problems with the connection manager disconnecting from the wifi VERY frequently i.e. upto 50 times an hour!  It is an absolute nightmare when trying to get any work done. I'm fairly confident it is not the router as when I was connected to college wifi there were no problems at all.  It seems to happen more in the evening and at night. I also appreciate that there are LOADS of other people asking this very same question and I have been having a look and trying things suggested but it's just not helping. Operating system is Windows 7 64-bitRalink RT5390 WiFi Adapter Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not over sure about computers etc but this is driving me mad. Thanks in advance.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Connection-manager-disconnecting-constantly-have-tried-the/td-p/5671360
Relevancy 46.44%

I ve been having this problem for several months now and I ve tried most of the quot solutions quot on this forum and out. cuts constantly Connection Wireless many others to no success This casually varies from day to day and even over the course of a day sometimes I can go a week at a time without any problem and then other times I ll spend an entire weekend not getting any luck Essentially my wireless connection will randomly cut out with severely different periods of time inbetween can happen every few hours or every minutes and as said on different days Most of the time I have to restart my PC or power cycle to get it to start to work again but also some times It ll automatically reconnect after - seconds or a few minutes As I m Wireless Connection constantly cuts out. sure you ve heard a thousand times this is extremely frustrating when browsing the web or trying to download a large file and constantly being interrupted My kids who live downstairs and have their own PC s in their room don t have this problem one is using a wired connection and the other a wireless As I ve stated it only started a few months ago and I ve had this PC for a year and a half and the router nor the PC have not changed position in the house or had any drastic changes to either of them We re using a BT HomeHub I believe and the Wireless Adapter in my PC is a Atheros AR Just to save you Wireless Connection constantly cuts out. some time I ve done the following - Reformatted PC - Updated Router Adapter Firmware Software - Tried changing the channel on the router several times over the course of a month - Removing the wireless adapter and antenna and trying them in another PC - Being sure to blow any dust of the adapter and router - Disabling and enabling other network adapters including Hamachi - Tried enabling disabling DCHP and IPV - Changing reseting and Wireless Connection constantly cuts out. defaulting the DNS - Moving the router right next to the PC with a result of excellent reception - Followed several window hotfixes and registery fixed related to DCHP - Some others I may have forgotten I recently reformated the PC after doing the above to make sure that I hadn t accidentally somehow ruined the adapter further Below is my PC information a print from ipconfig all and a report from XIRRUS Wifi Inspector Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M N T Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled ---- Windows IP Configuration Host Name Beastinator Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address FA- D- C-B - -FE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address D - D- C-B - -FE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b e d dc a fe Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -BF- - -CF- - -EF- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - -C - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b c d Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe b c ea Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -BF- - -CF- - -EF- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff ... Read more

Relevancy 46.44%

I have a new Toshiba Satellite C laptop Windows bit and I m having a few problems with my internet connection First of all every ten minutes or so the connection just drops from mb s to kb s although the actual connection with my router doesn t quot disconnect quot or anything and so my MSN webpages will just time out I ve had the laptop for a few weeks and it s always done this I know the router is a good one and out? timing Laptop connection constantly the other Laptop connection constantly timing out? laptop in the house as well as the desktop have generally no connection problems whatsoever so I m certain the connection problem is down to my laptop Second of all the internet only works when the laptop charger is plugged in and I ve tried changing one of the power-saving options I was told to to fix this but the problem still remains Any help at all would be much appreciated and if the problems could be completely fixed I would be extremely happy Laptop connection constantly timing out? Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello everyone,

How can I know which apps is using internet connection constantly even when I'm not on the internet? (For example, I'm sure the weather app requires internet connection)

Is there a way to "disable" them??

I don't want to exceed my bandwitdh :/

A:How can I know which apps is using internet connection constantly?

A firewall that controls outbound connections should work for you.  By blocking them with the firewall you would essentially disable them.

I do not have a firewall software program to suggest.  ZoneAlarm used to be the preferred software, back in the pre XP SP3 days.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533793/how-can-i-know-which-apps-is-using-internet-connection-constantly/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello All;

After receiving the latest Windows 10 Update, my computer's internet connection has been cutting out constantly, at first it was only when I would be playing online games, but now it has become to when I am just generally browsing.

I have a 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card and I have made sure my drivers are up-to-date.

Hopefully someone can show me the problem and provide how to fix it.
Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/55117-internet-connection-constantly-dropping.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys I m new here I have struggled with my internet on my laptop for so long now that I have been pushed to look for a forum and this one seemed very nice I have all my system info on my profile This has been happening to my computer now and my previous computer all on the same router and with the same ISP My ISP is called Knology Okay so I have the little Knology cable box in the office connected to my Linksys GHz router My ISP replaced the cable box earlier this year but my router is at least years old My mom has a computer upstairs but I am unsure if it happens to her Internet Constantly Connection Lose I My internet problem is getting worse and worse I used to maybe lose my internet connection once or twice in a day but now I lose internet I Constantly Lose Internet Connection connection every minutes The only ways I have known to fix it were to Unplug my cable box and router then plug the cable box back in then router Disconnect and reconnect to my router on my computer Disable my wireless adapter on my computer and then enable it again Even now these don t even always work A month ago before it got worse I could at least do one of those three steps and gaurantee my internet would come back but now it s not even a sure thing or I have to do them each times I feel like bashing my wireless router or pouring lighter fluid in it and lighting it up The problem is I don t know whether it s my computer s adapter causing the problem or my router or even maybe my cable box I wouldn t even know which one to set on fire I was always looked at in my family as the guy who knew about computers but I think my internet problem has finally beat me down so I need some help Could somebody lend a hand in figuring out what is going on Thank you so much for reading this and hopefully somebody can help me nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I have 4 laptops and all are able to hold the network connection except one (Sony Vaio)
It drops out constantly. I am continually having to go to network connect and reconnect it even although "Connect automatically" is ticked

The bytes sent and received are much lower than the other computers

Running Windows 8.

Very frustrating when this is the busiest laptop

A:wifi connection constantly dropping out

Assuming integrated adapter(s) install or reinstall the latest driver(s) from Sony's web site.

Is this happening with ethernet, Wi-Fi or both?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-constantly-dropping-out.1111784/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all In the last week my laptop has spat the dummy and most programs will not connect to the internet It's a year old HP that came with W that I upgraded to constantly connection Browsers timing out W about weeks ago Internet was working fine until last Browsers connection constantly timing out week Chrome and Firefox will not connect - all connections time out haven't tried IE because it's nowhere to be found Other things like AV Steam etc won't connect either Strangely though ping Google works no problems It's not a router network issue as all the other devices on the network are Browsers connection constantly timing out fine The laptop still doesn't work when I tried connecting via the ethernet cable I've tried all the suggestions on How to fix connection timeout error on Google Chrome Laptapos com except for reinstall with no luck I think I did a virus scan which came up negative Anyone have any suggestions of what else I could try Is it a NIC issue Or should I be thinking about reinstalling refreshing resetting W Thanks in advance

A:Browsers connection constantly timing out

Since Command Prompt, ping google.com works the NIC and Router and/or Modem are working, means you have an Internet connection but just can't browse sites.

One of the first things I check in such a situation is in Control Panel, Internet Options, Connections tab and the LAN settings button. In my area only the first item about Automatically detect..... gets checked, nothing below that. Sometimes it helps to go to the Security tab and set all as Default.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/57507-browsers-connection-constantly-timing-out.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently bought a Samsung R530 which uses Windows 7 operating system. However, when I connect to the internet the status remains on Limited internet access and when I open network management the Map shows the status stuck on identifying. The internet connection icon in the bottom corner shows the yellow exclamation mark and again reads 'limited access' when the cursor is hovered over it. I have tried troubleshooting the problem but nothing is displaying. Can anyone help becuase I have some university assignments that really need to be getting dealt with ASAP haha thank you

A:Internet Connection constantly identifying

would you do the following

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-constantly-identifying.956756/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi. I have a router that shares internet to my computer and to another. I am loosing internet connection pretty often and it never comes back only if I restart the router, restart it's settings to default, disable, enable then repair from my network connection. Without the router, I don't have problems so it must be this
cursed router. Another strange thing is that it's company gave me a new one, but no result. I don't know what's the problem, maybe you can help me.

Note: I noticed that sometimes, when I move the ending of the cable a little, the light from the router turns off, so I need to move it again, to keep the light on. The network is always working, but the internet doesn't, so it must be something between the router and the modem.

Help please!

A:Constantly Losing Internet Connection!!

Hi

Sounds like a dodgy cable alright, get it replaced and see if it cures it.

Post back and let us know...

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constantly-losing-internet-connection.81248/
Relevancy 46.44%

Since I got this new laptop (and my son has the same issue w/ his Windows 10 laptop as well) we cannot maintain an internet connection for more than maybe 5-10 minutes on a good run. Often times we are booted off within less than a minute. This is incredibly frustrating when you are working, only to find that your work has not been saved, or when gaming and you lose your game progress.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441237-what-do-i-constantly-lose-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi All,

My daughter's laptop shows the home network, full strength wifi. Problem is that it will connect, show that it is trying to identify the network, identifies, then either there is no internet connection or when it does get full connectivity, it will then almost immediately, lose the connection and then attempt a re-connect. If I plug in an ethernet cord, it stays connected with no issues.

She has a Dell Inspireon, running win7.

I have even gone as far as assigning a separate IP address for her laptop only and we still have these problems.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Laptop constantly dropping connection

Hello RKramden,

What is the full make and model of the laptop? There are a lot of Dell Inspiron models.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do the following.

Device Manager

Press and hold the Windows button + R on your keyboard.
In the Run box type DEVMGMT.MSC and hit Enter.
Click the + next to Network Adapters so it expands, showing all installed hardware.
Take a screenshot of this window and attach the file in your next post.
Alternatively, list all hardware here along with indication of any exclamation points or question marks next to the entries.

--------------------------------------------

Next, with the Ethernet cord disconnected and attempting to connect via wireless, do the following:

IPConfig All
Hold the Windows key and press R on your keyboard.
In the Run box that appears, type CMD and click on OK.
Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.
--------------------------------------------

Lastly, let's see this:

Ping Test

Hold the Windows key and press R on your keyboard.
In the Run box that appears, type CMD and click on OK.
Type the following command: PING google.com
If necessary, use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access for all of the above.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I'd like to see in your next post:

Full make and model
Device Manager screenshot or description
IPConfig results
Ping results

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-constantly-dropping-connection.1126818/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi i have recently had a virus called WinFixer and i thought i had gotton rid of it but it seems not even when i have no applications that require the internet running it still seems to be working at full steam i have attached the extra txt from the DSS scan and here is the main txt Deckard's System Scanner v Run by User on - Network Constantly Use In - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Installed Battlefield Update v - Network Constantly In Use - Network Constantly In Use UTC - RP - Removed World in Conflict - DEMO - - UTC - RP - Move file to quarantine D Network Constantly In Use A C exe Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as User exe ------------------------------------------------ Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS SM BG EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files McAfee MBK McAfeeDataBackup exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmgr exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Belkin Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmon exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Kontiki KService exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files BitTorrent DNA dna exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files McAfee MBK MBackMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files T-Mobile Communication Center AutoUpdateSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files Belkin Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS system mqsvc exe C WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C PROGRA hpq Shared HPQTOA EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Documents and Settings User My Documents dss exe C PROGRA HIJACK User exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www alph... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/network-constantly-in-use-203249.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an HP computer, with Windows 7 64-bit, about 4 days ago, my desktop's internet connection will continually drop out and come in ever 30 seconds or less. I have tried to reset my router and modem and it did not help. I have ran norton constantly and ran malawarbyte twice with full scan. My connection allows me to get online, but with the connection constantly dropping, i cant watch any videos because the connection will cut out and when online internet explorer will come up saying cannot display web page. Ive tried google chrome and media firefox and both have the same problem so i know its my connection and can see it dropping at the bottom right of my screen. My router is NVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps Ethernet. When i booted my computer up in safe mode and networking my connection was completely stable and worked great. Does anyone have any idea whats happening?

A:Wired Ethernet connection constantly dropping

How old is your modum and have you reset? Have you called your ISP to see if it's on their end?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/220225-wired-ethernet-connection-constantly-dropping.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello. I'm having a REALLY ANNOYING problem with my internet. WEEKS ago, we called my internet provider to come fix the problem and my internet was working PERFECTLY. Until, it started to mess up again. I don't know, what's wrong with it AT all. The Linksys box is working fine, the ROUTER is working BUT, my internet keeps dropping and takes HOURS upon HOURS to come back on, UNTIL I reset the Linksys box. Then it stays on for a bit. A few hours or a few minutes then suddenly, "No internet access." I don't know what's going on and I have NO idea how to fix it. I'm thinking that maybe it's my wireless but I honestly don't know. Do you guys think you can help me?

A:Constantly Losing Internet Connection though connected

please answer ALL questions

DO all device connected - lose the connection or just one PC

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.

As you are connected by wireless, please include the xirrus screen shots for both conditions - see how below.

Please post back here the make and exact model of the router and if you have a separate modem, the make and exact model of the modem.

Please make a note of the status of the lights on the modem and on the router when working normally - post that light status here.
Now when the internet disconnects make a note of the status of the lights for the modem and router here again. also note which have changed.

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labeled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first p... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constantly-losing-internet-connection-though-connected.1065240/
Relevancy 46.01%

Since I got this new Windows 10 laptop (and my son has the same issue w/ his Windows 10 laptop as well) we cannot maintain an internet connection for more than maybe 5-10 minutes on a good run. Often times we are booted off within less than a minute. This is incredibly frustrating when you are working, only to find that your work has not been saved, or when gaming and you lose your game progress.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441245-why-windows-10-am-i-constantly-losing-my-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My laptop loses connection to the constantly connection Laptop router.... to loses the router constantly When it disconnects I check my available Laptop loses connection to the router.... constantly networks and Laptop loses connection to the router.... constantly the laptop will not pick up any neighbors or my own I refresh they show up I have my network set as the preferred so it will always attempt to reconnect when available Sometimes it starts to reconnect then drops off and cannot see available networks again If I am able to reconnect Sometimes I don t even have time to refresh my browser before it disconnects again however sometimes I stay connected for hours at a time other times days just can t stay connected very long and becomes so frustrating that I just shut down the laptop and say quot Fahgetaboutit quot I thought it was the network driver and a intel has an update even though my LT doesn t show that I need it I downloaded the update first knowing that I would be with out internet service after removing the old driver software but the new software installation always gives an error that it cannot install with older version present even after I m sure I ve removed it Not sure what to do I ran cmd ipconfig all gt network txt amp network txt and here is the result of that straight from the activated notepad Windows IP Configuration Host Name VAIO-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter car Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Physical Address - - - -F - F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday November AM Lease Expires Monday November AM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - -A - -AD-C anyone got a suggestion nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello first time poster here Thanks Constantly Local Connection Dropping Area for the help in advance For the last weeks I keep receiving a pop Local Area Connection Constantly Dropping notice in the bottom corner right of my taskbar saying Local Area Connection Constantly Dropping quot A network cable is unplugged quot I checked all my cables and they are connected fine I also constantly get a message to tell me to connect to the internet and it asks me if I want to work offline I tried many possibilities and here is what I have ruled out ISP Modem My internet service works fine when I directly connect to my modem I ONLY have problems when I am connected through my WGR netgear router Loose defected cable I know my cable works fine because the cable works fine when it is directly connected to the modem Virus Malware I did a scan and checked my system thoroughly There doesn t seem to be a virus The only thing I can pinpoint to is my router I think it is my router because my connection works fine when connected to the modem When it is connected to the router I frequently get disconnected as often as every minutes It is very random Sometimes I get the quot unplugged cable quot message every minutes while other times I get it every hour or so I also wonder if it could be a registry problem I recently used some programs to clean and scan my registry I wonder if in cleaning my registry some necessary registry files were deleted I do not think that my router is physically wrong or defected I have had it for over years so I doubt it is hardware related Perhaps it is software related Maybe the router is not interacting with my modem correctly I hope someone can help me solve this I am stumped as what to do Edit Wow sorry I did not see a related thread below regarding someone who has a similar problem as I do I read through that thread and unfortunately it did not help me much I hope I can get this fixed nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I just got a brand new Windows laptop Samsung dropped connection internet getting Wireless constantly! ATIV Book quot TouchScreen Laptop GB Memory TB Hard Drive NP Z E-X UB - Best Buy My computer will constantly connect with my router with full internet connection then drop it periodically The connection is getting dropped as fast as every minutes It goes from full internet to quot limited quot and I can not connect to anything If I disconnect and reconnect it works again but only for about another minutes before failing When troubleshooting through Windows it fixes the problem but again disconnects in minutes I have tried wireless tethering from my phone and I have no problems at all So something between my computer and router seems wrong Wireless internet connection getting dropped constantly! My roommate also just got a brand new ASUS Windows computer and is having no problem with our router I have other housemates total people connected to my router all Windows and none of them have problems either What do you guys think the problem is I have a kind of old Linksys WRTS router seems to only have WPA not WPA I am right next to the router I did not have this problem with my old Windows laptop Any help would be appreciated thanks

A:Wireless internet connection getting dropped constantly!

Not my area of expertise but two things you can try:

1. Switch to a high performance power plan to see if that fixes your issue.
2. Check you wifi adapter in device manager (power management tab) and make sure the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is NOT checked. If neither work, then just put em' back to where they were and wait for the gurus. Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32499-wireless-internet-connection-getting-dropped-constantly.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I have recently Internet and Disconnecting Connection Unstable Constantly built a new computer and now I am having trouble with Internet Connection Unstable and Constantly Disconnecting my network connection When I was done I directly connected it to my wire modem with the Ethernet cable There was no connection until I downloaded the LAN driver from the CD that came with the motherboard ASUS M A -V EVO ATX It worked for a few days and then the connection just started dropping The trouble shoot in Windows fixed it - but only for a while until it didn t work at all Restarting the computer restored the connection and usually gave me about a few hours to work with but a few days later all I had were a few minutes Other than this computer I have two laptops Windows and a desktop Windows XP which the internet runs smoothly on when hardwired to the modem and I didn t have to install anything Some messages I get from the trouble shoot are LAC doesn t have valid IP configuration Default gateway not available Unidentified network My boyfriend gave me an authentic Windows Professional OS which I installed I searched through some other forums and it seems some people have some kind of internet connection problem with this OS as well On the start bar of every computer there s a little icon with a computer monitor and a cable which shows all the available connections and their strength when clicked However when I select that icon on my new computer it doesn t show any connections at all except for the one that I tried to set up I don t believe I have a wireless adapter Any help will be appreciated Thanks D nbsp

A:Internet Connection Unstable and Constantly Disconnecting

The modem might be shot. Could also be driver related. Are all of the drivers / updates done?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-unstable-and-constantly-disconnecting.1015504/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an HP computer, with Windows 7 64-bit, about 4 days ago, my desktop's internet connection will continually drop out and come in ever 30 seconds or less. I have tried to reset my router and modem and it did not help. I have ran norton constantly and ran malawarbyte twice with full scan. My connection allows me to get online, but with the connection constantly dropping, i cant watch any videos because the connection will cut out and when online internet explorer will come up saying cannot display web page. Ive tried google chrome and media firefox and both have the same problem so i know its my connection and can see it dropping at the bottom right of my screen. My router is NVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps Ethernet. When i booted my computer up in safe mode and networking my connection was completely stable and worked great. Does anyone have any idea whats happening?

A:Wired Ethernet connection constantly dropping

Hello,

If it works well in Safe Mode with Networking perhaps your Norton might be the culprit. You may uninstall Norton completely for now by using the Removal Tool. If this resolves your issue you may reinstall Norton back or perhaps try MSE, it's a great Anti-Spyware/Anti-Spyware software.

Quote:
When i booted my computer up in safe mode and networking my connection was completely stable and worked great.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220329-wired-ethernet-connection-constantly-dropping.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a Netgear WGR v wireless router connected to my Quest DSL internet connection My HP Pavilion laptop has problems connecting if it is not sitting in the same room as the router The built in wireless card Broadcom will not see the network at all once it is in another room and the card I bought D-Link will pick up a connection in various places in the house but will drop the connection if the computer gets moved my even an inch sometimes less It s extremely eratic Both cards are included in my list of approved MAC addresses and have the correct WEP password There are three other laptops Dell Tosiba Apple that belong to family members or friends that have no problem connecting at all The network signal is strong throughout the house The settings on my connection HP laptop drops constantly wireless HP are all equivalent to the settings on the compters that work so I m can t figure out why I can t connect Anyone have an idea nbsp

A:HP laptop constantly drops wireless connection

Hi, did you try without the MAC filter, I had the same problem with my Linksys router and my Dell Inspirion. I disabled MAC filteringand it's working fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-constantly-drops-wireless-connection.30040/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am at my wits end with this nonsense, i'm using Windows 10 and have a shitty realtek 8821AE Wireless that no matter what I do, drops my internet and is turning me into a homicidal maniac.

I cannot have this continue, it is ruining projects, college work and everything else I do on the internet.

I've tried unchecking the power management box that "turns it off"
i've tried updating drivers
I've tired reinstalling
i've tried a dozen things and nothing works

This has got to stop or it's going to be destroyed with a sledgehammer.

A:Internet Connection constantly dropping every few minutes.

Welcome to the forum please download http://www.crewetown.co.uk/wireless.exe then right click on it and choose run as admin post results

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.
Downloading MiniToolBox

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/69035-internet-connection-constantly-dropping-every-few-minutes.html
Relevancy 46.01%

While using Windows x I get sporadically disconnected from the internet for no obvious reason The wireless utility always shows as connected though it very rarely does flash a quot limited or no connectivity quot symbol for a 7 internet connection constantly Windows dropping moment when it loses the connection and the driver for my wireless card a DLink Airplus G DWL g Rev B says it's up to date On -bit Windows XP I don't have this problem It is also not a problem for any Windows 7 dropping internet connection constantly other computers in the home As this is a completely fresh install a virus or malware program is more or less out of the question I have disabled all firewalls and even uninstalled AVG while trying to make this work nothing has Streaming video is interrupted and usually forces me to refresh the page World of Warcraft will play alright for usually a -very- short time before quot lagging out quot and disconnecting me This happens Windows 7 dropping internet connection constantly usually every few minutes somewhere around - I'd hazard It seems fairly regular but I haven't been able to actually time it I'm using the default Microsoft wireless connection app--so no utilities running As I mentioned before there is no error message aside from a very rare flash of the quot limited or no connectivity quot message no firewalls and no antivirus Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-dropping-internet-connection-constantly-416394.html
Relevancy 46.01%

This problem started yesterday, and as far as I know, I haven't changed anything on my laptop to warrant it.

I have an HP laptop running windows 7, about a 1 1/2 yrs old. My internet is being interrupted every 3-5 minutes, and it won't fix until I dis/reconnect or troubleshoot. This has happened both at mine and my girlfriend's house, on a Belkin and Netgear router. As far as I know, my xbox and desktop are not affected.

I have tried to renew IP in cmd, but it is "unable to contact DHCP server." I tried changing my router's channel, but it didn't fix. I scanned my pc with Avast, no viruses found.

This is driving me crazy.

A:Internet constantly 'interrupted', but not losing connection?

So looks like you're having issues w/ your wireless adapter. Have you tried uninstalling it from Device Manager, then restart Windows and let it detect and reinstalling the drivers? Or updating the drivers, if newer ones are available?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-constantly-interrupted-but-not-losing-connection.170196/
Relevancy 46.01%

This is probably a familiar problem to you seeing as Google pulls up so many results about it one moment the network is fine and then for no apparent reason my internet connectivity is dropped I can't load any pages I can still ping websites and some other internet services do still work but I can't load any web pages There are no events in the log of any significance that can tell me what is going on Only a system restart will remedy the problem when restarting the computer hangs for quite a while before doing anything too that only happens when the internet connectivity is dropped the rest of the time it restarts almost instantly I have read and tried every fix in the book Setting my NIC so the computer cannot turn it off to save power Disabled IPV and relative services disabled QoS scheduler fiddled with the registry reset winsock and tcp ip settings installed every update going and the problem STILL REMAINS I can't find any other fixes on the subject God knows why Microsoft haven't been able to fix this yet It's driving me up the wall so if anyone could offer some help I'd appreciate it big time The most annoying thing is that I solved the Constantly Internet Dropping Vista Connection problem when I installed Vista a while ago but can't remember what I did

A:Vista Constantly Dropping Internet Connection

Hi -

I would like to see info on wifi connection. Please download the zip file, extract the EXE file and SAVE to desktop. RIGHT-click on desktop EXE file icon, select "Run as Administrator".

2 Notepads will open . Save as text files; zip up. Attach to your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/atta...jcgriff2__.zip

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-constantly-dropping-internet-connection-414857.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi everyone Explorer exe and svchost exe is constantly using data from the internet from lots of different servers and they change This is using all the available data on the plan There is a capture of network usage below and hijack this log Have already backed up users data ran Malwarebytes scan ran combofix ran TDSSKiller ran autoruns to try to find any suspicious startup network Explorer.exe constantly using programs Image PID Address Send B sec Receive B sec Explorer.exe constantly using network Total B sec explorer exe explorer exe cds syd llnw net explorer exe a - - - deploy akamaitechnologies com explorer exe server- - - - syd r cloudfront net explorer exe explorer exe explorer exe server- - - - syd r cloudfront net explorer exe a - - - deploy akamaitechnologies com explorer exe syd s -in-f e net explorer exe a - - - deploy akamaitechnologies com explorer exe ox- - - - ca dc openx org explorer exe a - - - deploy akamaitechnologies com explorer exe svchost exe NetworkService explorer exe server- - Explorer.exe constantly using network - - syd r cloudfront net explorer exe explorer exe explorer exe explorer exe a - - - deploy akamaitechnologies com explorer exe svchost exe LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation explorer exe explorer exe explorer exe explorer exe sv -g us intellitxt com explorer exe ox- - - - xf dc openx org explorer exe ec - - - - compute- amazonaws com Dropbox exe explorer exe r- - - - twttr com explorer exe a - - - deploy akamaitechnologies com explorer exe ec - - - - ap-southeast- compute amazonaws com explorer exe explorer exe a - - - deploy akamaitechnologies com explorer exe explorer exe server- - - - syd r cloudfront net explorer exe ec - - - - us-west- compute amazonaws com explorer exe bc googleusercontent com explorer exe a - - - deploy akamaitechnologies com explorer exe ox- - - - xf dc openx org explorer exe explorer exe explorer exe explorer exe explorer exe sg aqu atdmt com explorer exe bc googleusercontent com explorer exe explorer exe -static reverse softlayer com explorer exe event or adxpose com Dropbox exe explorer exe explorer exe explorer exe a - - - deploy akamaitechnologies com explorer exe explorer exe explorer exe explorer exe ec - - - - compute- amazonaws com mDNSResponder exe explorer exe explorer exe explorer exe Susan-PC explorer exe syd s -in-f e net explorer exe a - - - deploy akamaitechnologies com System explorer exe mDNSResponder exe ff fb explorer exe explorer exe ec - - - - compute- amazonaws com Dropbox exe explorer exe Dropbox exe svchost exe NetworkService svchost exe NetworkService System System System System System System System System System System System System System System Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup TOASTER EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpd exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup COMPONENTS SCHEDULER STSERVICE EXE C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection ProtectionUtilSurrogate exe C Program Files x STMicroelectronics AccelerometerP FF Protection exe C Program Files x Audible Bin AudibleDownloadHelper exe C Users Susan AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x Roxio OEM Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x Creative ShareDLL CADI NotiMan exe C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth BTPlayerCtrl exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Canon Solution Menu EX CNSEMAIN EXE C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Sensible Vision Fast Access FATrayMon exe C Program Files x Sensible Vision Fast Access FATrayAlert exe C Users Susan Desktop Sysinternals Tcpview exe C Users Susan Desktop Sysinternals Revou... Read more

A:Explorer.exe constantly using network

Please do the following:Download the appropriate version for your system of the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.Enter System Recovery Options.To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.Choose your language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account and click Next.To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:Insert the installation disc.Restart your computer.If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.Click Repair your computer.Choose your language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account an click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand PromptSelect Command PromptIn the command window type in notepad and press Enter.The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press EnterNote: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.The tool will start to run.When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.Place a check next to List Drivers MD5 as well as the default check marks that are already therePress Scan button.type exit and reboot the computer normallyFRST will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive, please copy and paste the log in your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491156/explorerexe-constantly-using-network/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am running OS Windwos 7 Pro with a Dlink router and though everything runs pretty well, about three to five times weekly I drop off line and after running the Windows troubleshooter, I get either one or sometimes both of the following messages:

1. "Reset Local Area Connecter"

2. "Default Gateway is Not Available" (this is the more common problem encountered)

Nine times out of ten, the Troubleshooter fixes the problem but occasionally I have to reboot the PC and even then that is not always a fix. I just keep running the troubleshooter and so far it always restores the connection.

Any ideas appreciated on why the above is happening!

A:Having to constantly run troubleshooter on Network

For a good connection and also when the problem occurs ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-to-constantly-run-troubleshooter-on-network.1020401/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello, l'm running Windows 8.1 on my Thinkpad 10 20C1001DUS and I'm constantly getting disconnected from mt WiFi. I'm not getting disconnected while using my tablet, it only and mostly happens when I let it sleep for a while or shut it down and come back later. I opened event viewer but have no clue what im looking for. Help this is getting to be annoying...
Thanks,

A:I'm having to constantly connect to network

How far away are you from the WiFi Access Point?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67298-im-having-constantly-connect-network.html
Relevancy 45.58%

So this became a huge issue for me around 2 days ago where my internet keep dropping out ever like 3-5mins for a very short period like 15-30s then connecting back. I don't loss wife signal but rather internet, during some of the drop it drops long enough for my computer to register it and show the little yellow triangle of not having internet. And few time I manage to catch it quick enough to run a diagnose on it it will reset the wifi adapter and in the end say something like default gate way not found/available.

Its not all the time it happens some time but stops but some time it just goes on for hours like this. Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 45.58%

I have a user who complains of loosing network periodically throughout the day. There is no pattern as it could happen twice a day of ten times a day. I think it might be an offline files problem as she can access here mapped offline files drive but nothing else.
The problem also goes away when they are on wireless?
Any thoughts.........

A:Constantly dropping off the network

did you try troubleshooting the network card? updated drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constantly-dropping-off-the-network.604315/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi i have been having some problems with my internet connection in that it drops constantly as in every - minutes or so I live in a house where there are three laptops in operation but mine is the only one with this problem i have tried constantly and drops computer only on phone connection internet but my moving to different areas around the house but this still doesnt help and the problem persists It is even worse when i am streaming something such as a video or when im on skype sometimes dropping out after minutes I thought it might be my computer but it also happens on my phone at the same time as it drops on my laptop about a year ago my laptop did overheat which damaged some of the components and that has been a persistent problem also but the last time this happened was about two months ago and this problem with the internet has only been present for about a week I am at a loss and have no idea what why it internet connection constantly drops but only on my computer and phone is happening or how to fix it Any help internet connection constantly drops but only on my computer and phone would be much appreciated Thankyou nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-constantly-drops-but-only-on-my-computer-and-phone.1043841/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi All ... HELP please before I pull out all my hair~~~

I'm running Vista ... if you need more than that, let me know...

The problem is, that I have no problem getting an internet connection, but every day...
after I've been on the computer for, could be fifteen, twenty, thirty or more minutes...
I will suddenly lose my internet connection. Funny thing is, that I can still send and
receive email, so I know that I have a connection. I just cannot connect via my browser.

Now while it's working, it works great. I can search,download, etc... no probs. But
at the point when it decides "ENOUGH"... then it just stops working.

HELP please.... This is a real pain to have to reboot every time!!!

Thanks
Enbee

A:Constantly have to reboot to get back lost internet connection. Any Help out there?

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wireless laptops, have you made SURE the wireless switch is on?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constantly-have-to-reboot-to-get-back-lost-internet-connection-any-help-out-there.872416/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello, my internet keeps slowing down, and the router drops connection every once in a while. This has been happening on 2 different routers now. Internet is DSL, and I've tested out to see if it was the modem, and it wasn't. The internet will work fine for a little while, then slow down, and eventually drop the connection. This is a recent problem. The ISP suggested it was probably how the router and the modem interact with each other. This isn't exactly a wireless issue because the hardwired computer experiences slowdown.

The router brands are D-Link DIR-655 (Fairly old) and Linksys WRT160N (Brand new). Any Ideas? I've tried every possible option I can think of to get the things to go normal speeds. I've even upgraded firmware on both.

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all as of around connection cord constantly Internet crashing via ethernet a week ago I ve been experiencing a strange thing with my internet connection I live in apartments that provide internet to everyone that lives there and had been living here for a few months before this started happening I now constantly have my internet crashing in the middle of browsing gaming I will either open up my laptop to the internet not working already or it will work but crash randomly while I am using it Trying to load a page on google chrome it will show a message saying DNS Lookup Failed and an icon will pop up in the right corner of my screen with a yellow triangle If I hover over it it will say Internet connection via ethernet cord constantly crashing no internet access I ve followed the few steps they had on there but none of them worked I ve never had a problem like this before and haven t made any modifications to anything on my computer lately so I am pretty confused as to why this is happening I know it is something on my end because my roommate s internet is just fine and even used my ethernet cord on her computer and no problems at all I m not very computer savvy so if anyone could provide me any insight as to why this might be happening and how to fix it it would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Internet connection via ethernet cord constantly crashing

How do you regain internet access after the trouble occurs?

Please show for when you have internet access and for when you do not ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

IPCONFIG /ALL

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-via-ethernet-cord-constantly-crashing.1072563/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am not sure if my connection is supposed to send and receive bytes even when my browser is closed. Trillions of bytes with hours of duration. What is going on?

A:Internet Connection is sending and receiving bytes constantly

Quote: Originally Posted by jjmcq

I am not sure if my connection is supposed to send and receive bytes even when my browser is closed. Trillions of bytes with hours of duration. What is going on?

Your connection is supposed to send and receive bytes even when your browser is closed.
If it's lot's...Has your computer been on constantly sleeping and waking? Without being shutdown?
If so this is common.

1. Shut down. Unplug main PC power cord. Press start button a few times to drain energy out/clean boot this way.
Disconnect modem cables and reattach.
This will reset your cable modem.
2. Reboot.
3. Recheck send/receive. It should be reset.
4. Download and run: https://www.malwarebytes.org/

5. You can also download Sysinternals/Autoruns for Windows v13.0
and investigate whats running:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...rnals/bb963902

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/360574-internet-connection-sending-receiving-bytes-constantly.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I think I must have some sort of problem infection since disconnecting Area Local / constantly Connection connecting my network keeps on and off every s to s I changed Local Area Connection constantly disconnecting / connecting the network cable already and did all hardware tests I run full anti-virus scan software full antispyware etc bt the problem persists so here is my HijackThis log to see if anyone can help me Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes D WINDOWS System smss exe D WINDOWS system winlogon exe D WINDOWS system services exe D WINDOWS system lsass exe D WINDOWS system nvsvc exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe F SitesDevelop apache Apache bin Apache exe D Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe D Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe D Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BlueSoleilCS exe D Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe D Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BsMobileCS exe F SitesDevelop apache Apache bin Apache exe D WINDOWS system crypserv exe D Program Files FileZilla Server FileZilla Server exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe D Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe F SitesDevelop mysql bin mysqld-nt exe D Program Files Nero Update NASvc exe D Program Files No-IP DUC exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exe D Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BsHelpCS exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe D Program Files SAMSUNG FW LiveUpdate FWManager exe D Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe D Program Files Cart o de Cidad o PtEidTrayApplet exe D Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe D Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe D Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe D Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BtTray exe D WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE D WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe D Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe D Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe F SitesDevelop apache Apache bin ApacheMonitor exe D Documents and Settings All Users Application Data U U Launcher LaunchU exe F SitesDevelop mysql bin winmysqladmin exe D Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe D Program Files Trillian trillian exe F SitesDevelop eclipse eclipse exe D Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe D Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe D Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security klwtblfs exe D Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe D Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe D Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe D Documents and Settings Baltasar Desktop Thunder Thunder Program Thunder exe D Program Files PS Media Server win service wrapper exe D WINDOWS system java exe D WINDOWS system msiexec exe D Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer proxy iraqigeek com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - D Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - ... Read more

A:Local Area Connection constantly disconnecting / connecting

Hi, I think I must have some sort of problem/infection since my network keeps on and off every 10s to 120s I changed the network cable already and did all hardware tests.
I run full anti-virus scan software, full antispyware etc bt the problem persists so here is my request to see if anyone can help me.

Regarding the dds.scr logs I can't post them as when I run the tool I get blue screen on a fltmgr.sys file, run twice with and without anti-virus on and allways get blue screen crash.

So here is the rest of requested files and tell me something else needed?

Also the forum didn't allow me to attach the ark.txt file, said is too big so I copy paste here.

Thanks.
GMER 1.0.15.15507 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2010-11-05 14:22:13
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Harddisk0\DR0 -> \Device\Scsi\nvgts1Port2Path0Target0Lun0 ST350063 3.AA
Running: gmer.exe; Driver: D:\DOCUME~1\Baltasar\LOCALS~1\Temp\fxliqpob.sys
---- System - GMER 1.0.15 ----

SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys (Klif Mini-Filter [fre_wnet_x86]/Kaspersky Lab) ZwAdjustPrivilegesToken [0xB62CA558]
SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys (Klif Mini-Filter [fre_wnet_x86]/Kaspersky Lab) ZwClose [0xB62CAE5C]
SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys (Klif Mini-Filter [fre_wnet_x86]/Kaspersky Lab) ZwConnectPort [0xB62CBC90]
SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys (Klif Mini-Filter [fre_wnet_x86]/Kaspersky Lab) ZwCreateEvent [0xB62CC1DA]
SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys (Klif Mini-Filter [fre_wnet_x86]/Kaspersky Lab) ZwCreateFile [0xB62CB138]
SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys (Klif Mini-Filter [fre_wnet_x86]/Kaspersky Lab) ZwCreateKey [0xB62C93C8]
SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys (Klif Mini-Filter [fre_wnet_x86]/Kaspersky Lab) ZwCreateMutant [0xB62CC0C0]
SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys (Klif Mini-Filter [fre_wnet_x86]/Kaspersky Lab) ZwCreateNamedPipeFile [0xB62CA146]
SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys (Klif Mini-Filter [fre_wnet_x86]/Kaspersky Lab) ZwCreatePort [0xB62CBF94]
SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys (Klif Mini-Filter [fre_wnet_x86]/Kaspersky Lab) ZwCreateSection [0xB62CA2EE]
SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys (Klif Mini-Filter [fre_wnet_x86]/Kaspersky Lab) ZwCreateSemaphore [0xB62CC2FA]
SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys (Klif Mini-Filter [fre_wnet_x86]/Kaspersky Lab) ZwCreateThread [0xB62CAAE4]
SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys (Klif Mini-Filter [fre_wnet_x86]/Kaspersky Lab) ZwCreateWaitablePort [0xB62CC02A]
SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys (Klif Mini-Filter [fre_wnet_x86]/Kaspersky Lab) ZwDebugActiveProcess [0xB62CD9E2]
SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys (Klif Mini-Filter [fre_wnet_x86]/Kaspersky Lab) ZwDeleteKey... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358657/local-area-connection-constantly-disconnecting-connecting/
Relevancy 45.58%

So I recently read a post about a guy who had a problem with his wireless network adapter constantly shutting off when idled and causing his router to drop connection to other peripheals which is lame My problem is similar to that except I am using a wired connection and I don't see any power saving settings that could affect that Furthermore I'm also having the problem while I'm using the computer For instance I will be chatting on YIM and my connection will drop for about seconds and come back At the same time this causes my gaming consoles on the same router to drop connection Seeing as a COD match takes minutes and the connection drops about every minutes it really makes the game hard for me seeing as (Wired) connection Vista loses constantly internet this Vista constantly loses internet connection (Wired) kicks me from the Vista constantly loses internet connection (Wired) room I'm in I can't really turn off my computer or my GF will try to end my world Also I have another hard drive with Win RC installed and I don't have this problem at all Seeing as the RC will be dropped by microsoft in about months I figured I'd get my vista working again to prepare for this Any tips I already formatted my win not noticing this issue at first so I can't really go back I should also note that I didn't always have this problem since I first installed Vista back in ' It may have been occuring for about a month before I started using win but it wasn't to this extent

A:Vista constantly loses internet connection (Wired)

Are you using a modem router combo , or are they seperate.
If sepereate can you try the computer connected directly to the modem and see if that changes anything?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-constantly-loses-internet-connection-wired-444491.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I have a network with up to a dozen computers at any one time.
All have static ips
Most are wired.

The prob is between 2 wireless computers.
If I run both comps with windows xp, all is fine.
But 1 of the pcs is often booted from a live (Puppy) Linux cd.
When I boot using Linux, both of these pcs start dis/reconnecting to the network, every few minutes.
The nics both have different macs, & they are both assigned their own static ips correctly.
Another wireless pc on the network is not affected.

Any ideas why the disconnects & how to solve this prob?

PS. I am using a Netgear 824 router.

Thanks for any replies

Rob

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi im new to this forum I have some problems with my network To begin i have a D-Link DI- wireless router with latest firware And i have pc's and a laptop All computers have D-Link wireless network adapters which can have a throughput of mb so can the wireless router The network is fine No problems Constantly Network Drive Disconnects My pc has a HDD that the whole network can put there stuff on they have full access to it But my brothers pc and my dads laptop keep losing connection to after a certain amount Network Drive Constantly Disconnects of time But my sisters pc has no problems it wont loose connection Here are some basic specs of the pc's Mine Windows XP Pro x SP AMD Athlon X gb SATA Master HDD not shared gb ATA Slave HDD full access gb DDR RAM Dual Channel Brothers Windows XP Home SP Intel P HTT ghz gb ATA Master HDD not Shared gb DDR RAM Sisters Windows Network Drive Constantly Disconnects Vista Home Basic Intel Core Duo ghz i think gb ATA Master HDD not shared gb DDR RAM Dads Laptop Window XP Home SP AMD Athon gb ATA Master HDD Not Shared mb DDR RAM Any ideas If you need more info just say

A:Network Drive Constantly Disconnects

Anyone going to help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-drive-constantly-disconnects-144284.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I as well have the exact same problem running on xp outlook 2007. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/enter-network-password-constantly-520475.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys new to these New Address Network Acquiring CONSTANTLY forums I have a real nice stumper for you CONSTANTLY Acquiring New Network Address So about a month or so ago I had a problem with my DSL modem overheating so I ordered a new one from AT amp T I run a simple home networking setup DSL Modem going into my PC and a Secondary NIC with Crossover Cable connected to the downstairs computer I dial my DSL Through Windows Ran it this way for many many years with the old Modem no problem at all But now when I hooked up this new one it connects fine everything works great but for some reason the Secondary NIC Card is constantly Acquiring a New Network Address The lease is usually only set for like seconds I feel that this is having a performance impact on my system as it has to renew it so often Also my event viewer is just OVERLOADED with these error messages occurring every - mins quot Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address on the Network Card with network address B E quot quot Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network from the DHCP Server for the Network Card with network address B E The following error occurred The semaphore timeout period has expired Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address DHCP server quot One of my theories about this is that the new DSL Modem has an interface I can connect to by going to in the browser and when I use Internet Connection Sharing to share my DSL Connection it automatically sets my main NIC with the Static IP of I m almost certain they are conflicting because when I have that static IP set I can t access the modems interface How can I fix this I tried setting the IP differently but when I do that the ICS stops working or the problem persists Ideally what I would like to do is be able to access the modems interface have it set to dial my connection by itself so I no longer have to manually do it and be able to share that connection I ve had it all setup to do that but once again the downstairs computer couldn t connect I m assuming from the IP conflict Sorry this is so long but I know from experience its better to give a lot of detailed info instead of just being like quot my internets is not werkingz quot nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I have a laptop in our office that is about 4 months old and is constantly identifying the wireless network. I have tried everything! I even have just re formatted it and re installed everything from scratch but I still have the same problem.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Thanks,

Daniel

A:Wireless Constantly Identifying Network

Hi,

Many of these issues are caused by drivers, this frequently happened on my IBM T42, it identifies a network, connects and then disconnects. Give details on the laptop or at least the laptop brand and model.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/144841-wireless-constantly-identifying-network.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I ve moved into college and to help get faster and more reliable internet speeds I m connecting through Ethernet but I ve been having problems so far Initially constantly network Ethernet out goes card when I plugged Ethernet network card constantly goes out in the Ethernet cord it would not recognize it at all After a lot of fiddling around with it and resetting my computer it got it to recognize but a little bit later I tried to get on and it wasn t connected Ethernet network card constantly goes out anymore I checked my Adapter settings and it didn t list the LAN adapter It also wasn t in Device Manager Now it s constantly going in and out If I m on the Device Manager screen it will constantly refresh showing and then hiding the Controller If I click on properties for it the general info will show quot Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code To fix this problem reconnect this hardware device to the computer quot And then within a few seconds will change to quot No drivers installed for this device quot It will occasionally go to quot This device is working properly quot but that s rare And will just constantly go back and forth between them I ve tried updating the drivers but it says they are up to date Info about computer My LAN controller is quot Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller quot My computer is a HP Pavilion dv - dx running Windows The computer has Wimax installed and it seems to think my Wimax controller is an Ethernet controller not sure if this is part of the problem nbsp

A:Ethernet network card constantly goes out

get your install CD and run sfc /scannow to verify system contents.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-network-card-constantly-goes-out.169934/
Relevancy 45.15%

Window 7 Ultimate
Office Pro 2007
Outlook 2007
The following is taking place since an MS upgrade!
Constant failures!

Enter Network Password
Type your user name & password
Sever: (correct)
Sever Name: (correct)
Password: (correct)
Box: Save this password in your password list: (Checked)
Box: OK Box: Cancel

Microsoft
Technical help
What is wrong, constant failures now!
Ted

My Shield Corp 'C'

A:Enter Network Password * Constantly

As a matter of interest, I'd be very grateful for a definitive answer to this as well. Although I too have been plagued by this since recently installing Windows 7 64-bit, I did use to have the problem with Outlook Express on XP as well, although it seemed to be slowly disappearing of it's own accord. I've read answers elsewhere on this forum that relate to Yahoo e-mail accounts; I have a variety of accounts most of which are Hotmail and a couple of which relate to my own website (which I won't be self-serving enough to post details of here!). The problem seems to occur on all of the accounts, though mainly the Hotmail and .msn ones, and the 'enter network password' window is popping up several times a day (often several times in an hour ... !) which is really annoying!! I've checked a number of other forums and tried some of the answers suggested therein, so far without any success whatsoever. I really don't want to start messing with the registry unless I absolutely have to; although I do have some computer-savvy, that's an area that I feel is best left alone unless there's really no other choice!

Any and all answers will be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/enter-network-password-constantly-511710.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey chaps I know this has been asked Constantly Address Acquiring Network before by other people but they all seemed to be different cases to mine Basically I have a desktop that I am trying to link up to the wireless network in uni halls of residence It has always worked fine with the wireless network both at home and in my old flat However on this one I Constantly Acquiring Network Address can connect to the network OK but I cannot seem to acquire a network address - the Windows wireless network client constantly attempts to quot acquire a network address quot without ever finding one It s pretty frustrating A friend of mine shut down some startup processes he felt were clogging my machine and I have a horrible feeling that may have something to do with it though since then my desktop has still worked at home I have tried to start the Windows Zero Configuration and Network Location Awareness services which seem to keep switching themselves off but even when I manage to get them to stick on reboot the problem remains that my machine still can t find a network address Unfortunately because its a college halls network I have no access to the router Also my friend next door has no problem connecting to the network through the windows client I have run AdAware and HJT log below just on the offchance it has anything to do with nasties Just let me know if I should tell you anything else Any help would be massively appreciated Thanks Hirst Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system netdde exe C Apps ActivBoard nhksrv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exe C WINDOWS system RioMSC exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C Program Files Virtual CD v SDK system vcssecs exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Apps ActivBoard MMKeybd exe C Program Files Razer razerhid exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files SysMetrix SysMetrix exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Apps ActivBoard TrayMon exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Apps ActivBoard OSD exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Razer razerofa exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files A Note A Note exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopDisplay exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopCrawl exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO no name - AutorunsDisabled - no file O - BHO no name - FD B C-A - ea- FD - D E E - C WINDOWS system fhqsujfe dll file missing O - BHO no name - A E D -B E- A- -DBBEC B - C Program Files VSAdd-in VSAdd-in dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - DB B- - A -B F- FAA C C E - C WINDOWS system awvvt dll file missing O - BHO no name - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - no file O - Toolbar amp VSAdd-in - DD D- - C-A -A DBE - C Program Files VSAdd-in VSAdd-in dll O - HKLM Run ACTIVBOARD C Apps ActivBoard MMKeybd exe O - HKLM Run razer C Program Files Razer razerhid exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SysMetrix C Progr... Read more

A:Constantly Acquiring Network Address

You have WLTRYSVC.EXE running which appears to be a service rekated to a Vroadcom wireless NIC. You don't want to use it and Wireless Zero Configuration to configure your NIC, just use one or the other.

You might also try temporarily disabling your firewall to see if it is a source of the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constantly-acquiring-network-address.537633/
Relevancy 45.15%

So recently I've been having network issues. It started when I realized that my Network Adapters were not showing in the Network Connections folder, despite being in the device manager and working correctly. I tried every solution on the net to fix this, and nothing seems to work. However, I think I've located the core of the problem and I was wondering if you could help.

This screen shot is from the Action Center Recent Problems page or whatever its called:
Screenshot by Lightshot

Checking for solution provides no help.

However, this shows that the network connections is literally failing every minute. Which I think is the root cause of my main issue. If anyone has any idea how to solve this, Id love some help.

Another screenshot here shows the details of the crashes:
Screenshot by Lightshot

I believe all are the same.

A:Network Connections Constantly Crashing, Need Help!

Start with running cmd as admin:

Code:
sfc /scannow
If corruption is found, run this in cmd too and attach the sfcdetails.txt (check desktop) here:

Code:
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"%userprofile%\desktop\sfcdetails.txt"
Please attach the screenshots and files to SevenForums as described by Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/377219-network-connections-constantly-crashing-need-help.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all,
I have windows 7 home premium and internet explorer 9 installed with norton antivirus protection.

My problem.

Since about a week ago i have been suffering from wireless drop out and extremely slow internet in my bedroom via wireless where it used to be good. I tried to update my malbytes earlier and it was still on 0% downloaded after 5 mins before connection cut.
I am writing this in the study where the router is based just to be able to load pages and have a better change of less dropping which it still doing next to the router!

Any ideas guys as this come along all of a sudden and i cant find anything.

Many Thanks

Paul

A:Constantly slow internet speed and dropping of wireless connection.

Hi please close thread as it turned out to be the router at fault and now everything is fine again.

Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404902/constantly-slow-internet-speed-and-dropping-of-wireless-connection/
Relevancy 45.15%

My computer is a Toshiba Sattelite o/s win 7. My wi fi signal is excellent, yet my signal keeps dropping or saying limited access. I have tried resetting the router and resetting my default windows settings on the computer. All other lap tops and wireless devices in the house do not have an issue. I discovered the other day as long as the laptop ( not the router) is plugged in and not running on batter power that i do not have a problem staying connected. For fun i wondered if it had something to do with the power cord making some kind of connection when plugged into the lap top, (since everything is more compact in them) I tried having the power cord plugged into the lap top but not into a power source but I still lost signal. Any suggestions?

A:Wifi connection constantly drops when lap top is operating on battery power

Sounds like you may have some power saving option for the wireless adapter when on battery. If so, try a higher (e.g., maximum performance) setting.

My attachment shows that for the plan I'm using I have 'medium power saving' for the wireless when on battery. If I were having your problem I would change that setting to 'Maximum Performance' and test.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-constantly-drops-when-lap-top-is-operating-on-battery-power.1057130/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have to constantly reset my network adapter for my Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n wi fi adapter. This happens several times each day. I run diagnostic in network connections and it resets it. It is only happenign on this notebook and none of my other devices. What can I do to correct this and keep it from happenign once and for all? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Constantly-having-to-reset-my-realtex-network-adapter/td-p/5612962
Relevancy 44.72%

I have had a problem for the past couple days. I have looked over many places on the internet and have not found a solution.

The problem is my computer ASUS ul 30-a up until a few days ago was running fine on wireless until a couple of days ago when the wireless constantly was cutting out every minute or so and reconecting 10-15 seconds later. I have reformatted my computer and installed multiple new driver from the Asus website. When wired into the router the internet works perfectly. But wireless even directly next to it does not work. Their are 2 other laptops in the house neither which have had any problem dropping connections. Another thing I fine odd is that my computer is perfectly fine on my wireless at school. I have tried resetting the router and multiple router setting but still nothing. Renew release Ip, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 44.72%

I have two windows 7 computers connected to my router and one laptop with Win7 connected wirelessly, also WinVista 64bit connected to router.
Anytime I watch a movie through the network, it constantly stops and buffers. At least I assume its buffering.
I use VLC player and I've never had this problem until I switched up to Windows 7.

Is there any known issues with this type of problem. I can't find anything on Google

Thanks for any info
Dwayne

A:streaming video constantly buffering over network

The first obvious (potential) issue is the firewall. Chances are, your router has the firewall enabled on it, you'll need to login to it to check; enter your default gateway (probably something like 192.168.1.1) into a browser. If that doesn't check out, determine what port(s) VLC wants to use and check the Windows firewall by going into Control Panel > System & Security > Windows Firewall and allow VLC access.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/10671-streaming-video-constantly-buffering-over-network.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello, I am running Windows 7.  About every ten minutes my wireless network adapter is disconnecting.  I am running Windows 7.  Is this usually caused by a virus of some sort?  It's not like it's on a timer from some kind of script though.  For example it's been working right now at least for the past 15 mins.   

The behavior is inconsistent also.  I say this because when I right click on the disconnected wifi connection (lower right in the tray) and select "Troubleshoot" about every one out of three times Windows will successfully reset the wireless network adapter.  The other two times it says it can't.  Does this provide a clue as to what it is?

Any help much appreciated.

A:Wireless network adapter - constantly disconnecting

Something that will cause this is wireless interference on a certain channel.

Logon to your router and change the Wifi channel (normally auto, channel 6).

Try channels up and down and see if that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585045/wireless-network-adapter-constantly-disconnecting/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Guys,

We have a wireless router with about 8 devices connecting to it at any one time. For some reason, 1 laptop constantly loses internet service, it's still connected to the network but it's "local only" connection. Restarting the laptop doesn't solve the problem, only restarting the router.

Now, I know very little about this kind of stuff, but to me it seems like an issue with IP addresses? Does anyone have any advised of what I can do to avoid this happening? It currently happens at least once a day.

Any help is much appreciated.

A:One laptop on Network Constantly Loosing Internet

Show for a connection and for a lost connection ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-laptop-on-network-constantly-loosing-internet.1052466/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Address Constantly Solved: Acquiring Network I know this has been asked before by other people but they all seemed to be different cases to mine My hard drive crashed causing me to reinstall Windows XP SP from the manufacturers install discs provided with my laptop I have full connectivity with both my Dell wireless and Gigabit LAN HW yet both continuously show quot Acquiring network address quot in the system tray I turned some services off in an effort to kill unnecessary processes so maybe I turned something off that I shouldn t have More than anything else it is a major annoyance Anyone s help will be greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files idt dellxpm b v wdm stacsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE Solved: Constantly Acquiring Network Address C WINDOWS system AESTFltr exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C PROGRA Eraser Eraser exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Voicent Gateway bin vgate exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtcmd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SRS Labs SRS Premium Sound SRSPremiumSoundBig Small exe C Program Files Common Solved: Constantly Acquiring Network Address Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Voicent Gateway bin vgate exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Voicent Gateway bin vgate exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Voicent Gateway bin spengine exe C Program Files Voicent Gateway bin vxengine exe C Program Files Java jre bin javaw exe C Program Files Java jre bin javaw exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Voicent Gateway bin adclient exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myyahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO IE Pro - -E - DF-A - FCD B BF - C Program Files IEPro iepro dll O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Progr... Read more

Relevancy 44.72%

hardware concerning: ethernet, specifically nforce4 network controller (drivers

situation: Assigning pc to static ip of router (wrt54g) ie; 192.168.1.xxx default gateway, and primary dns as 192.168.1.1

problem: upon bootup the network can not find the proper route and has to diagnose/troubleshoot to fix the problem, which was a nag every time and gadgets like weather and such would not be updated until this was resolved. If leaving network to dhcp the problem would not occur or nag. Yes dhcp set on router.

solution: simple really, going to nvidia's site and installing the latest nforce4 platform drivers fixed the problem (which i think is just a reinstall of the drivers as i think they are the same that are packaged with win7 7000. Have not checked this yet to confirm

A:[fixed] Constantly troubleshooting network after boot [/myself]

Hi Digger,

Welcome to the forums, glad you found a fix for your problem and thanks for sharing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/2817-fixed-constantly-troubleshooting-network-after-boot-myself.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all Network with constantly WiFi services freeze Been having a heckuva time chasing weird issues with Windows I've tried to reinstall not upgrade a time or two chasing Network services constantly freeze with WiFi this it'll disappear for a week or two then re-emerge I also suspected hardware so I switched wireless cards from built in on MoBo to USB based but without luck Symptoms include absolutely no internet Chrome Edge and several other apps think I am offline Clicking on the WiFi icon in the system tray will often show a blank list with scrolling dots as though it is thinking but never does anything and will not show nearby hotspots or what access point I am connected to Also going to the settings menu and attempting Network services constantly freeze with WiFi to do anything related to Networks will cause a momentary hang but nothing will happen after No window will open I've recently been able to isolate this issue to the service quot Network Connections quot where trying to stop or restart the service Network services constantly freeze with WiFi will result in the quot stopping quot window to display for approx minutes before stating it cannot stop the service Typically a reboot will remedy this but it happens at the most inappropriate of times in the middle of gaming sessions Also I have observed this quot bug glitch quot since around the build days and across multiple computers I've tried rooting around for fixes but often come up empty handed Is there a known fix for this Surely I can't be the only one since I've seen this behavior on different machines Other info on this exact rig- Build on a Crucial GB SSD tried another drive and problem persisted All drivers are up to date and firmware has been updated where applicable

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45660-network-services-constantly-freeze-wifi.html