Windows Support Forum

Network card not recognizing network

Q: Network card not recognizing network

I have a small office with 5 computers. All are Windows 7 and networked via a domain and a central server. Internet is T1 - we have a modem, router, and switch in that order. One of my computers just stopped recognizing the network and has no internet. I have checked all the cables and know that the internet is running to the computer because I have a VOIP phone on the same line that works fine.

The computer can recognize the Network card and says that it is functioning properly. All other computers are functioning properly and are all able to see the network and have internet.

Any thoughts?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network card not recognizing network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Network card not recognizing network

lets see an ipconfig /all and ping tests
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card-not-recognizing-network.978466/
Relevancy 82.99%

Please help!! I Installed an optional update for my lan network card on the 17th of this month and since then the lan card is not recognizing my ethernet cable. I tried to uninstall the update but it won't let me.....i have tried everything under the sun to get the connection working and i finally realized that the update may have affected the connection.

I am stuck at this point......

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/261983-lan-network-card-not-recognizing-my-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi everyone This past weekend I went out of town and took my Windows laptop with me -- since I returned home it has been unable to connect to my wireless network Other connect card network can't wireless to AR9285 Atheros laptop network with Windows 7 devices in my home connect to the network just fine and the problem laptop Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network has always been fine Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network until now My network card is an Atheros AR and I m attempting to connect to a Medialink router with WPA password protection and AES encryption My wireless network icon in the task bar has a yellow sign with an exclamation point in it It says quot No Internet access quot I have tried -rebooting the computer -unplugging and restarting the modem and router -going to the command prompt and renewing my IP address with the command IPCONFIG RENEW None of this works Like I said all other devices in my house connect to the wireless network with no problem It s just this one laptop Any guidance would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network

Three things to try ...

If you have McAfee please see the sticky thread at the top of this (Networking) forum.

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

Revert to a System Restore Point before the weekend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-laptop-with-atheros-ar9285-network-card-cant-connect-to-wireless-network.1065995/
Relevancy 67.94%

My rig uses a Centrino Advanced-N 6230 wireless mini half-card. It reports the correct name except within the wireless network list. Instead of 6230 it reports 6320. I searched the registry to see if I could find the error, but nothing found. It's only a nuisance, and a minor one at that. Anyone else seen this? Any way I can correct it? See image below:

A:Network card name reporting incorrectly in wireless network list area

Can only suggest you may not be using the latest wireless driver, but if you are, it must be a typo in the signature file written into the card's firmware which can only be changed by the manufacturer and may be noticed by them in the next release.

If its working, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211612-network-card-name-reporting-incorrectly-wireless-network-list-area.html
Relevancy 67.94%

This sounds really noobie of me but is it possible to improve local network transfer speed by adding a 2nd network card. I was planning to connect one exclusively for lan transfers and another one hooked to a separate wireless router.

Right now only a maximum of 3 users can stream SD videos off the PC before it gets a little choppy.

The pc in question runs on windows 7 and it's board has built in gigabit, I happen to have a spare gigabit card.

A:Will adding a 2nd network card improve local network transfer speed

That won't really help the way you are describing the problem, although adding access points will help with streaming to wireless devices.

Although there is a setting in Group Policy that allows you to use two connections at the same time, I don't believe it will help in this situation.

I've done many HD movie streaming tests on my system.

I can stream from my media PC to at least 7 other machines at the same time, 4 wired, 3 wireless, plus my TV, and have no problems at all, no skipping, no freezing, even with the same movie in the same place or with 8 different movies at once, my TV is connected to my media center PC so counts as the 8th one.

This is Gb LAN, and 300Mbps wireless but even the 65Mbps limited laptop has no problem.

I'm not really sure why you are seeing these limitations but it may be the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275341-will-adding-2nd-network-card-improve-local-network-transfer-speed.html
Relevancy 67.51%

We have about 6 gigs of music we want to transfer to the second computer. The first is operating windows XP and the second is operating vista. Unfortunately neither computer seems to recognize each other. I have connected both using a LAN through some no-name router.

I have opened and allowed file sharing on both computers and there isn't any firewall blocking each computer's access. Looking for some help.

Do the two OS communicate with each other or are they incompatible on the network?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

A:Network not recognizing...

On the XP system, do this.

Vista compatibility with earlier versions of Windows.

On your Vista machine: Start, Run, regedit

Navigate to the following folder:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

In the right, double-click "LmCompatibilityLevel"

Change the value to 1 (probably currently 3)

Restart your computer

Here are also some general debugging steps, take them in order until you fail.

Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

PING each computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. You can obtain the IP address of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG. This should work for any Windows version. A failure here needs to be corrected before you go any farther.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs: Workstation, DHCP Client, DNS Client, Server, TCP/IP Netbios helper, Computer Browser.

All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Neighborhood, make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-not-recognizing.595018/
Relevancy 67.51%

I am connected to a home network I have complete internet access and I can access files on other computers manually not via the GUI My Network magic recognizes the network it is on my computer from a previous network setup However I Not Network Recognizing cannot get Vista to recognize that I am connected to the network or internet If I were to go in to network and sharing right now it would show no connection and say it can not detect a network I am a member of the work group The automatic network discovery is Not Recognizing Network now off though it was on not too long ago and did not have any affect on the Not Recognizing Network situation It seems to go on and off of its own accord It seems to ignore me when I try to turn it on I choose the radial next to on then click apply and nothing happens Now at the same time if I disable my LAN then Enable it Vista recognizes that it is connected to a network However while it is trying to identify the network it stops and goes back to showing no network and not being able to find a network to connect to Any ideas cause I've worn myself out trying to figure this out I won't be surprized if I've merely overlooked something simple Thanks Guy with uncreative username

A:Not Recognizing Network

Hi, Atsivx64U, and welcome to the forums.

You should first and foremost check to make sure that the network card is properly updated with the latest drivers (you'll probably need a blank CD to burn them to disc from another computer with Internet access to get them from your motherboard / computer's manufacturer's website.

Also, some more detailed information about the Vista computer such as system specifications would be helpful.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/176069-not-recognizing-network.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi folks This forum has been extremely helpful for me in the past so I'm testing your awesomeness unrelated card Inconsistent networking or problems, network to network once again I've had an Inconsistent networking problems, unrelated to network or network card unusual networking problem for about a year and a half When browsing the web certain requests will just never complete on any browser Downloads are often interrupted anything larger than MB is nearly impossible Even large transfers between this machine and others on my local network will fail SCP connections will sometimes abort in the middle of a transfer It's quite inconsistent I don't have this problem for any particular resource Inconsistent networking problems, unrelated to network or network card and the failure point is different every time If a particular page isn't rendering I can often go to my yahoo com which for some reason always seems to work and hit the back arrow and then the request will often complete normally Google is a little unique when I encounter this problem on Google I have to wait for the original requests to be aborted after about seconds before any further requests to Google will succeed I can't say exactly when it started but it was reasonably close to the time I updated a driver for my network adapter as instructed At the time I was on a wired network using a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller adapter connecting through the wired port of an old Netgear router sorry I don't have the model number to cable broadband with NuVisions Since then I have changed just about everything except my motherboard I've disabled my old network adapter though it's still connected I'm on a wireless network using a Netgear WNDA N Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter connecting through a Linksys E to Verizon FIOS Unfortunately nothing about my problem has changed I fear a motherboard issue but I don't know how to find out Can you please help

A:Inconsistent networking problems, unrelated to network or network card

Sorry, I didn't complete the checklist!

I have no anti-virus, security or firewall software. I've run numerous scans since the problem began, and they've always been clean.

Attached is the output from ipconfig /all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332865-inconsistent-networking-problems-unrelated-network-network-card.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm trying desperately to set up my network on Windows but have hit a bump in that it just cannot find my network I checked Device Manager Network Setup Card) Network (Belkin Cannot N1 Wireless to see if the card was found - it was with a troubleshoot exclamation point on it I removed the card used the installation disc and am not able to get very far After the install after which nothing happens I click on Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card) the Belkin Wireless Networking Utility icon on the desktop and it says quot missing shortcut searching for Belkinwcui exe quot after Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card) which I get a window saying quot The item Belkinwcui exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed of moved so this Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card) shortcut will no longer work properly quot That exe file isn't anywhere in my computer searching through Explorer In fact in the Belkin install folder Program Files x - gt Belkin - gt FSD v there just looks like maybe a driver AegisE dll and an application AegisI that doesn't run My next choice I guess is to take my PC upstairs and line it into my modem base station directly but I'd rather not move it Am I missing something Why won't this work How come I can't install my Wireless Card Please help if you can Thanks

A:Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card)

I'm experiencing an almost identical issue. I had the same problems with the installation disc. After multiple install / unistall / restarts I was able to get the client installed. However, when I click to open the .exe nothing happens.

On top of that, the system is not recognizing the card. I tried all 4 PCI slots with no success.

I installed this same card (same model, different physical card) on a pc running xp sp3 very easily. Since that was so easy I bought another card for my windows 7 machine.

However, I was lazy and didn't do any research. Before I came upon this forumn I found a couple of google links saying this card was incompatible with vista (therefore incompatible with w7?).

Any else out there get this card working?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/30807-cannot-setup-wireless-network-belkin-n1-network-card.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Sister has Lenova 3000 c200 series laptop, approx 5 years old which has onboard network card which according to specs (as I haven't looked inside), has
IEEE 802.11b and IEEE 802.11g,her linksys router is about same age too and am sure they both need updating, especially as she is moving to area where broadband speed check shows it will be even slower than where she lives now...

Question is :-

Can I upgrade to IEEE 802.11n, and if so, do I have to change the old internal card, or can I buy and insert an external network card adaptor, and then change BIOS settings to disable internal one and enable new one.Just want easiest solution please.
Will also upgrade her router.
Any help much appreciated

Relevancy 67.08%

I recently reformatted my computer and reinstalled Vista to it. I installed all the necessary drivers etc. and rebooted. But it still says "You are not connected to any networks" when the light on my router says that i am connected to the home network. It keeps saying to insert a network cable.
In the devices manager, the network card driver seems to be functioning normally.

Is there a fix for this?

The network card is a Realtek RTL 8111C on-board chip.

Also, ive read somewhere else that USB & 1394 drivers having conflicting effects with lan drivers. I installed an "Intel INF Configuration patch" which contained a crapload of USB Drivers which supposedly "configured properly" the intel motherboard chipsets, but im not so sure about that.

A:Solved: No Network Available - LAN card working but cannot connect to network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-network-available-lan-card-working-but-cannot-connect-to-network.753919/
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm not sure if I'm trying to do the impossible but I'll explain the situation I have this roommate that is excessively consuming the majority of the networks bandwidth I've blocked all service ports except for and a few other ones used for every day card? limit a network with network speeds traffic to How task The problem is that he is still consuming a ton of How to limit network traffic speeds with a network card? bandwidth I'm guessing by streaming or downloading through HTTP I have two WGR v router and a Realtek PCIe LAN card controller at my disposal I attempted to set QoS settings on what we will call Base Router That did not seem to do the trick because router QoS only blocks ports and slows upload speed Since that did not work I hid the SSID MAC filtered connections to the Base Router and then connected my computer to the Base Router and rebroadcasted the signal using a Secondary Router using a shared connection which I gave him access to The point of this was an attempt How to limit network traffic speeds with a network card? to control bandwidth through the Realtek LAN card I am not having any luck with this though I've set the adapter to Mbps at half duplex already Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can look into for limiting bandwidth I want him to have Internet but not abuse it like he's doing because that is not what we agreed upon

A:How to limit network traffic speeds with a network card?

If you want to solve the issue using your existing equipment, you can try dd-wrt on one WGR614v10. See this thread (DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - WGR614v10 Support - Jump to post 9) which claims that there is a dd-wrt flash for WNR1000v3 which works on WGR614v10. Then look a thread like this (DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - Steps for Permanently limit Bandwidth of a PC using DD-WRT ?) to setup the limits. You can start a new thread in those forums if you want someone to walk you thru the steps.

Or you can just buy a router/access point that has a bandwidth limiting feature for each SSID that it broadcasts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/314446-how-limit-network-traffic-speeds-network-card.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Our internet service provider updated our internet speed from 100mbps to 1000mbps for no extra cost. We had a Netgear n150 wireless router but it wouldn't support the 1000mbps speed. We were told we needed to upgrade to a r6300 netgear router which is capable of 1000mbps. Now were are told we need to install an ethernet PCI network card or a network adapter. I am told we have to have a 2.0 port for the network adapter to work. It would be cheaper for us to install the internal Ethernet PCI Card, my problem is I don't know which one to buy. I know we need one that is rated 1000mbps, are these universal or will we have to buy one that fits each brand of computer?

Relevancy 67.08%

hey guys i am connecting to the internet using a school network but lately sometimes my computer does not recognise the network and when it does i can only connect to the internet for like only a few minutes. i have tried to change and network card and still same problem. i am the only one in the building having this problem. i am using windows 7. can anyone help me??????:c ry:

A:not recognizing school network

Quote: Originally Posted by kudzai21

hey guys i am connecting to the internet using a school network but lately sometimes my computer does not recognise the network and when it does i can only connect to the internet for like only a few minutes. i have tried to change and network card and still same problem. i am the only one in the building having this problem. i am using windows 7. can anyone help me??????:c ry:

First can you fill out your system specs in the User CP page (Make sure to list what build of Windows 7 you are using (Windows 7 RC as an example)? Afterwards go ahead and update the drivers for your ethernet card

Post back results

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/20805-not-recognizing-school-network.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a server located on my home network that I would like it to show up in file explorer automatically without having to type in the ip address. To get auto discovery to work I have
Control Panel/Adminitrative Services/DNS Client running
Functional Discovery Resource Publication ? Auto
SSDP Discovery ? Auto
UPnP Device Host - Auto.
but it still doesn't work any ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35216-not-recognizing-network-automatically.html
Relevancy 67.08%

hey guys i am connecting to the internet using a school network but lately sometimes my computer does not recognise the network and when it does i can only connect to the internet for like only a few minutes. i have tried to change and network card and still same problem. i am the only one in the building having this problem. i am using windows 7. can anyone help me??????

A:not recognizing school network

Hi and Welcome to TSG,
What has your school IT dept suggested so far??

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-recognizing-school-network.852212/
Relevancy 67.08%

My hp computer is not recognizing any network adapters. Im running windows 7.

A:not recognizing network adapter

moved to network forum

can we see an ipconfig /all and device manager

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

how to access device manager for different windows versions
How do I get into Windows Device Manager?

windows key and pause Key should open to allow device manager to be seen on laptops may need to use windows key + FN key + Pause Key
if not then

Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the Start Orb
In the Start Search box type
device manager and then press enter

-------------------

Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X

post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/not-recognizing-network-adapter-644604.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have been having this problem since yesterday. After having to change my wireless modem and having installed it succesfully - i believe- the xps does not recognize the network, It connects with limited access and the network icon has a yellow triangle with a ! mark and it kepps saying that the network is not identified and it is identifying it which never does. The WIFI catcher identifies the wirelss network.

I had this network running ok until then. I have run the various repair utilities to no avail.. Should i connect to the modem -Netgear- with a cable and perform the repair routines that way? Any suggestions will be appreciated. . BTW it is a cable DSL service provider. Thank you.

A:XPS M1530 not recognizing network...

Supply the following information please.

OS running on all affected systems
Make & models of all equipment (routers, network cards, modems).
Wired or wireless?
What wireless encryption is in use? (WPA, WPA2, WEP, None)
Browsers being used (Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera,...)
What security software is installed? (Firewalls, AV, Spyware, Malware,...)

Open up a command prompt (Start > run > cmd)
Type the following bolded commands and post the results for each affected machine.

ipconfig /all

Note: To post results of commands, alternate click on the top of the command prompt > edit > select all >
alternate click on the top of the command prompt > edit > copy > paste in a message here. If you are on
a computer that can't connect to the internet then paste the contents in a text document and save it to a
portable media like a flash drive, then use an internet capable machine to post the contents.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/xps-m1530-not-recognizing-network-386706.html
Relevancy 67.08%

My computer isnt recognizing the network in my home, or any network. Absolutely no networks show up. Yes, the LAN switch is on. Tried to enable boot options from the boot up menu and that didnt work. Tried to see if it was the network adapter drivers. That's also not it. PLEASE HELP! Acer MS2220 with vista home basic on it. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

A:Computer not recognizing network

Welcome
Microsoft has a good troubleshooting guide
Troubleshoot problems finding wireless networks
If all else fails try with another computer. Is it the computer or router or ISP?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/294951-computer-not-recognizing-network.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi TSF Last week I put together a computer This is my third and the first two work well This one works almost perfectly however there is one error that I can't seem to get around Windows is having issues connecting to the network I have a functioning ethernet cable plugged in but it isn't recognized When I try to diagnose the problem I get the following error quot Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter driver quot When I look at the device manager the 'Network adapters' node is gone making most of the solutions I've seen for this problem useless My mobo ASRock h m u s LAN driver I downloaded ASRock gt Products gt Motherboard gt H M U S gt Download Atheros Lan driver ver OS Win bit I'll post other specs if needed Thanks in advance for any help I know next to nothing about networking so problems like this tend to scare me

A:Windows not recognizing network adapter

By chance is the Adapter disabled in the BIOS? Have you tried "searching for New Hardware".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-not-recognizing-network-adapter-660272.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I recently got my vaio laptop fixed (a headphone jack was broken) and now i'm having real difficulty connecting to the internet. The wireless connection has "excellent" connectivity, and everything seems to be working properly, but internet explorer (and firefox) refuse to connect. the really perplexing part of this is that the actual network is being recognized. However, both of my browers are refusing the connection. On firefox, the error message says "The connection was refused" and on IE, the error message says "Internet Explorer could not open search page". Please help!

A:recognizing wireless network, but still can't browse!

That might happen if the router has WEP or WPA enabled, and the laptop doens't have the correct encryption key loaded. Try to disable encryption on the router for a test and see if that helps. You will then have to enable encryption, and make sure you enter matching keys on each end.

Open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recognizing-wireless-network-but-still-cant-browse.419560/
Relevancy 66.22%

My Epson Workforce 615 printer is not recognizing our network. Any ideas how to fix this problem?

I am using a D-Links 655 router for our networking.

Relevancy 66.22%

I have a box that get a dhcp address with the proper gateway and mask it will ping loopback address when I ping the gateway I get general failure It cannot identify the network domain and therefor will not connect and get internet access I can reimage the machine but would like Stops Computer recognizing Network to know the process and reason it cannot communicate with the domain I was attempting to unjoin it from the domain and rejoin the domain When I attempt to rejoin the domain I get a notice that Computer Stops recognizing Network it cannot contact a domain controller I have assigned a static ip mask and dns server address and still the machine will not communicate I have deleted and recreated a host A record in my dns server Then I try to rejoin the domain and still get a message that the dns server successfully querried the dns server for the record and identifies the dns server names but cannot contact a domain controller I have had three machines do this to me I would like to find out how or why this happens in order to prevent any further issues At this point it seems my only option is to reimage the machine and rejoin the domain but I sure would like to better understand how this could happen I have tried flushing cache registering dns reseting assigning static ip Why can I not force this machine to find the Domain controller

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/952641a6-4b0c-4147-8d2f-b68f72de7055/computer-stops-recognizing-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

I'm having a problem with a network card and its driving me mad! I've installed the card (Dynamode NC-100TX-R) and Windows detects it. The drivers they supplied on the floppy were Realtek RTL8139 Drivers which were for Win 95/Win 98 and I have XP so I went on the Realtek site and downloaded the latest drivers for the RTL8139. When I installed the drivers everything seemed fine until I plugged in the cable. All it says is "Network Cable Unplugged" even when the lights at the back of the card are flashing indicating a connection. Everything on the other end of the cable is fine and I've checked all the settings and they seem right. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi everyone

I have recently installed windows 7 (64) and wanted to put more RAM in. I started off with 2Gb and added 1 Gb of ram to make 3Gb (No problems Here). I then added another 2Gb of ram bringing it up to 5 Gb (Now the fun begins!)

Windows 7 runs fine and I can play games with the 5Gb...but... I can't seen to get on the internet! It comes up saying unidentified network! I take out the 2Gb and everything is ok again and i can get back online and everything.

I was told to make sure all my drivers are updated which I did and they are all up to date.

Please help, does anyone have any answers??

A:Ram affects Network card?? Unidentified network?? Win 7

What if you use this driver: Marvell: Download Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/40849-ram-affects-network-card-unidentified-network-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello people Here is the situation v.3.12 - not Netware drive computers recognizing network We have an old server running NetWare v Yes it s as old as the hills Yesterday Netware v.3.12 - computers not recognizing network drive three of our computers suddenly did not have network access The only thing we know that happened is the power went off to the building However the server is plugged into an APC machine which should have kept it running Maybe that has nothing to do with it There are six total machines which normally are attached to the server Now when we try to run our applications which are located on the server we get an error message that says quot The drive or network that the shortcut refers to is unavailable Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available and then try again quot There is no f drive on My computer I am thinking that I have to access the server and possibly re-add users I know that computers were logged in under the same user In fact it s the same three that lost access Any suggestions Thanks nbsp

A:Netware v.3.12 - computers not recognizing network drive

Hopefully Squashman will come along, I think he uses Netware, though probably not version 3!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netware-v-3-12-computers-not-recognizing-network-drive.616454/
Relevancy 65.36%

I set up a network several years ago with help from you guys. The network was to use a printer between an old desktop with XP and a laptop with Vista. This has worked very well until several weeks ago. I would logon to the network on the laptop through the desktop, type in the password and I was good to go. Suddenly the password does not work. The printer works fine through the desktop. We have had several lightening storms in our area recently. Any advice appreciated! Thanks!

Relevancy 65.36%

We have around 20 computers that are networked at a small radio station. It's a mix of Windows 7 and Windows XP computers. On Friday, one of the 7 machines has randomly stopped seeing all the computers on the network.

There are only 4 out of 20 showing up on the network. None of the other computers have this issue. Sometimes I am able to manually contect in Windows Explorer using the \\COMPUTERNAME, other times it doesn't work. I've already rebooted the router and switch and tried safemode with Networking and no luck.

A:Windows 7 computer not recognizing all computers on network

Exactly the same issue that just recently happened. I'm thinking a Windows update is causing it.

The strangest aspect is that the number of other computers you see is constantly changing on refresh.
Anywhere from 0-6! Ugh.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371578-windows-7-computer-not-recognizing-all-computers-network.html
Relevancy 65.36%

After replacing a power supply and reinstalling windows my computer has not recognized its own ethernet port, a pci slot wireless card, or any other network related hardware. This has been very frustrating because nothing seems to work. Other hardware plugged into the pci slots work fine such as the video card. I have tried adjusting options in the bios and even flashing the bios to a newer version but neither have worked. I had the newest drivers installed for the wireless card and ethernet port installed(realtek) but the hardware is not even recognized at all in the hardware manager. The only device with a yellow question mark was a device labeled as "SM Bus Controller". Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong and how to fix the issue?

A:Windows XP not recognizing any network related hardware

You need to install the Chipset driver.

What make/model PC? If custom built then post the MB make/model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-not-recognizing-any-network-related-hardware-525148.html
Relevancy 65.36%

OK SO I HAVE TWO COMPUTERS running Windows Xp that are CONNECTED TO A ROUTER THEN CONNECTED TO A MODEM, COM1 THE INTERNET WORKS FINE, AND IS SHOWING A LAN CONNECTION WORKING, AND INTERNET GATEWAY CONNECTED, AND THE ROUTER SHOWS UP ON THE MY NETWORK PLACES. ALSO MY WIFI WORKS FINE TOO! BUT COM2 CANT SURF THE WEB, IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE ROUTER IN MY NETWORK PLACES, AND THE INTERNET GATEWAY IS NOT SHOWING UP IN NETWORK CONNECTIONS, BUT THE LAN IS, AND IS SHOWING A CONNECTION. i have tried restarting everything, i tried connecting the COM2 straight to the modem, tried new either cables, nothing wrong with my service or modem or router, its just the COM2, Please help im so ready to give up right now! Thanks in advance Patricia

Relevancy 65.36%

I just updated my Asus Eee PC 1015PN from Windows starter to Windows ultimate. Everything seems fine except for my Network controller. It says there are no connections available and it doesn't look like it recognizes my network controller.

In Computer Management, under device manager, in Other Devices - the only thing listed is Network Controller with a yellow exclamation mark. When I double click on it, it says the manufacturer is unknown and the drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28). I tried to update the driver through the system but it doesn't find anything.

In Everest, Network, PCI/PnP Network, it lists Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller and Broadcom 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter. That is the only mention of my wireless adapter I could find.

Any help would be much appreciated. I can provide more info if need be. Thanks

A:Netbook not recognizing network controller - code 28

it lists Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller and Broadcom 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter.Click to expand...

It sounds like you should have 2 network controllers - one wired, the other wireless.

Are you saying it's just the wired Ethernet connector? or both not working? Did you try the ASUS web site? If one of the connectors is working, i think the ASUS site offers the option to detect your model and tell you drivers needed. Or look up your model manually on their site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netbook-not-recognizing-network-controller-code-28.164478/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey,  I recentely updated my home wireless router. After I changed it my computer stopped identifiying my home wifi. It's literally been a month and I'm struggling. I tried everything possible, downloading a new driver, updating all networks, trouble shooting EVERYTHING. I even called HP and brought it to Geek Squad.  Everyone laptop works besides nine, all the other devices in the house work besides  mine. Extremely fustrasted and need my laptop to attend to my work. Please help me fix this thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-g250-not-recognizing-wifi-network-undefined/td-p/5831874
Relevancy 64.93%

PCs are Win Ultimate All are joined to the Domain Domain Controller DNS DHCP Server on same instance is Server standard The network topology is like this Router as Internet Gateway gt Switch identifying Cards will only or intermittently, Inside the Domain-Joined no Network when network Connections will Network longer, Network join Domain PC from gt Wired to Server and PC's SIP phones and Wireless Access Point Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network all on same subnet DNS and DHCP have been offloaded Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network to Server Roles and switched off on the router All of the PCs have network cards that have joined the domain network at least some of the time since I set them up Some of them have always picked up the domain network and continue to this day Some of them intermittently pick up the domain network and other times join whatever other unmanaged network is available Some of them have stopped picking up the domain network altogether and will no matter how many times their NICs are restarted always join a non-domain unmanaged network When the NICs are not joining the domain they are unable to ping hostnames of any devices on the network but nslookup of the hostnames usually works The DC DNS DHCP server's IP can be pinged without issue ipv or ipv I am recording DNS Client Errors ID on all of the PCs during the intervals when their NICs are identifying which network to join -On the PCs that are catching the domain network I am only getting a single error about the root domain eg the domain is ad domain com and I am only getting errors about how the configured DNS servers cannot resolve domain com nothing with fully qualified domain names eg server ad domain com -On the PCs that are not catching the domain network I get a few different instances of the same error substituted quot domain quot for my root domain name Name resolution for the name WPAD ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name lt DC-DNS-DHCPSERVERNAME gt ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name LDAP TCP DC MSDCS ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name ISATAP ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Based on what I've read about NLA service choosing the domain to log into I believe this rd error is the big one although I guess the big error is that my configured DNS servers are not responding except to NSLookups From what I understand the Network Location Awareness Service Provider will roughly do the following look into the registry to see if there is an entry for a domain network to join and if there is it will attempt to contact the domain controller of the same domain name If it is successful with both parts it will join the domain network named quot ad domain com quot If not it will fall back to one of the other options ie home private public quot whatever its called network quot I have tried many of the fixes presented for similar issues but I haven't found anything that's worked A few things I have tried while cycling my NICs on and off to test -turned off the firewall nbsp -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns -netsh int ip reset -netsh reset Winsock catalog and restarted -route f and restarted -turned off DHCP Client Service -restarted DHCP client Service -turned off IPV on NICs -hard-coded DNS servers IPV and -hard-coded static IPs and DNS Servers only IPV -sfc scannow to scan for integrity violations All of these and also some combinations of these and more that I can't remember One more p... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/303bcde4-6a0b-4bc4-baff-929f0b6b4261/domainjoined-pc-network-cards-will-no-longer-or-will-only-intermittently-join-the-domain-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I have purchased two PCI Network Adapters and for each I have received a quot The device is not configured correctly Code quot error in Vista s Device Manager when trying to manually locate and add the drivers either from the software accompanying the adapters or from the companies websites I have tried products from Linksys and Belkin After hours on the phone with tech support ppl who were conviced the software I got was corrupt--not true-- I think it might be best to install a new Vista - Adapter Network problem PCI Not drivers recognizing in OS revert back to XP because I want results Has anyone been able to find a way out of this predicament in VISTA Please note I have tried the basics i e going to Device Manager and trying to search for the drivers or manually add them from software or company s website No matter what I PCI Network Adapter problem in Vista - Not recognizing drivers do I get an error message indicating that the drivers can t be found - even if I have quot browsed quot to them Thanks very much all nbsp

A:PCI Network Adapter problem in Vista - Not recognizing drivers

When browsing for them make sure "Include Sub-Folders" is ticked and search "C:\". That might give you a much better chance of locating them. As for Internet locating you can't really change how it scans for that. Maybe a disk came with your hardware containing the Adapter's Drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pci-network-adapter-problem-in-vista-not-recognizing-drivers.862731/
Relevancy 64.93%

I am working on an Acer Aspire M1100. i installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and everything worked great. After i updated the network adapter recoginzes that theres a cable plugged in but says unrecogized network no internet access. i tried instaling windows 7 home premium 64bit sp1 and there was no access from the beginning. i reinstalled home premium and it works again so im guessing something in the updates break it. Acers website only has vista and xp drivers. any ideas?

A:Acer Aspire M1100 network not recognizing after updates

Try giving these ago and tell me how it goes; Realtek Ethernet driver for Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) and XP - ThinkCentre M71e, Edge 71

Run a windows update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/335695-acer-aspire-m1100-network-not-recognizing-after-updates.html
Relevancy 63.21%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 63.21%

Just installed a new network card on hubbies computer It gets him on the internet OK but now I can t find him on our home network before adding the new card the reverse was the case We replaced the card because it kept dropping the driver so we figured it must be new on can't network Computer w/ be seen network card on its way out Problem we have is that HP has their card built into the motherboard in a little silver box that also contains the USB plugs sounds like the kind Computer w/ new network card can't be seen on network of crap Packard Bell used to pull making it impossible to do some upgrades We installed the card and at first it wouldn t connect at all the original Realtek kept connecting when the computer booted We then added the little WOL cable guess it s some sort of jumper cable Belkin includes - not always needed the instructions say Well after adding the cable the Realtek still boots on starting the machine but now he can get Computer w/ new network card can't be seen on network onto the internet with Computer w/ new network card can't be seen on network no trouble Tried disabling the Realtek but then nothing works Anyway around this so we can access his machine on our network There are a couple of programs that came with that machine I would like to have access to nbsp

A:Computer w/ new network card can't be seen on network

Since it sees the network I would start off not worrying about anything else on the card as its obvious it is working.

First off I would do 2 things-

1) Go into the bios and disable the onboard ethernet controller. If its bad then really its just trying to use an onboard resource that by disabling it you can free up.
2) If the WOL part has a place to hook it to on the MB leave it in place but remember that 99.9% percent of the home users will NEVER use this functionality and that little cable won't ever come into play as being a problem component usually. This WOL (or Wake On LAN) is a way to remotely turn on the PC over a LAN and is usually for network administrators at large companies.

When you say you can't find his PC I am assuming you mean in network neighborhood right? If this is the case have you tried pinging from one PC to the other? Have you tried pinging by both machine name and IP? What are the results from doing that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-w-new-network-card-cant-be-seen-on-network.473157/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi, my Sony Vaio laptop has a single physical network card (Realtek), as shown in Device Manager. The laptop itself also has a single network port. The port replicator (an accesory that is meant to convert the laptop into a desktop) has 2 network ports. Does this make any sense? I mean, can I use the single physical network card to connect the laptop to two different network devices?

A:2 network ports+1 network card?

What is the model number of the port replicator?

Do you have a link to an image which shows these two ports?

Or better yet, do you have a link to a manual port replicator :-)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/322733-2-network-ports-1-network-card.html
Relevancy 57.62%

i have windows 7 and i installed virtual box (ubuntu) to do this.

i want to have two linux gateways and those two machines should either have the same NAT or public routable ip address.
basically i want to install openswan and configure the ipsec. in order to do this i need two linux gateways.

can anyone guide me how to setup two linux gateways to do this??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configuring-network-to-network-hosst-to-host-network.1045773/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all,

I recently bought a relatively expensive sound card on Amazon and after the second boot of my PC with the card installed and working my on board LAN card decided to not work throwing error: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"
The card IS enabled in the BIOS and I HAVE disabled the on-board sound card.

LAN Adapter Details:
-Make and Model: Realtek RTL8137/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
-Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
-Driver Version: 6.112.123.2014
-Driver Date: 23/01/2014

A:Realtek network card not working with external sound card installed

This sounds like an IRQ problem, which is strange because modern PCs can usually resolve these conflicts automatically. But seeing that your system is a Pentium 4, maybe the motherboard is old enough to still be dealing with the issue.

One thing you could try is to perform a Clear CMOS procedure. This will force the motherboard to re-enumerate all the devices and will often solve IRQ conflicts. Note all your current BIOS settings
Shut down the computer > remove the power cord.
Remove the 3v motherboard battery.
Move the CLRTC jumper from pins 1-2 to 2-3.
Touch a metal part of the case and Press and Hold the reset button for approx. 30 seconds to discharge all power from the board.
Put the CLRTC jumper back on pins 1-2.
Replace the 3v battery > replace the power cord > boot.
Immediately go back into BIOS and reset all your preferred settings. If the CLRTC worked you will need to reset the date and time in BIOS.
If that does not work then you could try to get the 2 cards to play nice together by installing them in different locations, if you have the extra slots.

Keep in mind that when removing any card it is important to remove it from Device Manager first. Remove it from Device Manager > shut down > then physically remove the card > then restart into Windows > then you can shut down perform the next procedure.

Sometimes you can simply install the newer card in another PCI/PCIe slot and that will resolve the conflict. (You must remove the device from Device Manager in order to change the slot)

Other times you might need to remove both cards, then install the newer card first and the older card second.

Let's see if any of that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/369068-realtek-network-card-not-working-external-sound-card-installed.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My wireless card in my Compaq Presario works fine and Windows 8 detects it and said it was compatible. For some strange reason though it's not working in Windows 8. It hasn't detected my wireless network. Currently I am connecting using a cable.
The card is Qualcomm Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WIFI Adaptor.

I am trying to do a Google search on this issue, is it me but is this device not compatible with Windows 8 despite Window 8 saying so? I have updated the drivers through Windows Update, but it still can't find my Wireless network even though Windows 7 did originally before my upgrade.

A:Wireless network card not finding my wireless network ?

I have done a diagnosis and here's what it says (if this helps)

Windows Network Diagnostics
Publisher details

Issues found

Problem with wireless
adapter or access point
Problem
with wireless adapter or access point
Not fixed
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/error.png[/IMG]

Investigate router or access point issues

Failed

Reset the wireless adapter

Completed

Issues found
Detection details

Problem with wireless adapter or
access point
Not fixed
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/error.png[/IMG]

Investigate router or access point
issues
Failed

If you're
connected to a hotspot or domain network, contact the network administrator.
Otherwise: 1. Unplug or turn off the device. 2. Once all of the lights on the
device are off, wait at least 10 seconds. 3. Turn the device back on or plug it
back into the power outlet. To restart a router or access point that has a
built-in battery, press and quickly release the Reset
button.

Reset the wireless adapter
Completed

[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/info.png[/IMG]

Network Diagnostics Log

File Name:
7ED87DA3-1B14-4D13-818C-E2F28AF39562.Repair.1.etl

Detection details
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/collapse.png[/IMG]

Diagnostics Information (Wireless
Connectivity)

Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis: Information for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID: ce41e296-363d-406b-a232-35fcd0cc7e33 Interface name: Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter Interface type: LegacyConnection incident diagnosedList of visible access point(s): 0 item(s) total, 0 item(s) displayedConnection History

Diagnostics Information (Wireless
Connectivity)

Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis: For complete information about this session see the wireless connectivity information event.Helper Class: Auto Configuration Initialise status: SuccessInformation for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID: ce41e296-363d-406b-a232-35fcd0cc7e33 Interface name: Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter Interface type: LegacyResult of diagnosis: Problem foundRoot cause:This computer cannot connect to wireless networksThe wireless network adapter on this computer is not working properly.Detailed root cause:This computer's wireless network adapter is not readyRepair option:Resetting your wireless network adapterThis will disable and then enable the network adapter "WiFi" on this computer.

Network Diagnostics Log

File Name:
7ED87DA3-1B14-4D13-818C-E2F28AF39562.Diagnose.0.etl

Other Networking Configuration and
Logs

File Name:
NetworkConfiguration.cab

Collection information

Computer Name:
SHADOWDAN-PC

Windows Version:

Architecture:
x86

Time:
30 October 2012
21:18:30

Publisher details
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/expand.png[/IMG]

Windows Network Diagnostics

Detects problems with
network connectivity.

Package Version:

Publisher:
Microsoft Windows

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/11224-wireless-network-card-not-finding-my-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My friend had been having some trouble with his graphics card it kept crashing during games and eventually seemed to burn out all together So he bought a new one When he installed it the network was gone he had to reinstall his network card drivers then he updated his graphics card drivers Everything seems peachy He loaded up starcraft II and the game crashes to desktop everytime He can t even select a mode to play So he uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them Now the game loaded at work dont' and same card network card time. the graphics up just fine and he can play BUT when network card and graphics card dont' work at the same time. it loads up the network crashes and he has to reinstall the network drivers After the computer restarts he loaded up starcraft II and now it crashes again So it seems like everytime he updates the network drivers it screws up the graphics card and everytime he updates the graphics card drivers it network card and graphics card dont' work at the same time. screws up the network card I ve never heard of a problem like this so I m at a loss to help nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Everytime I plug in my new Linksys WIreless Adapter (WMP54G), my video card stops working.
How do i fix this cuz its VERY annoying
If i take the card out or put my old ethernet card in it works fine. Its just with the nwe wireless card and video card
PLZZZ help...
I tried takin the cards out and putting them again and the wireless card in different slots...didnt help

A:Conflict of Network Card with video card

Welcome to TechSpot

Please fill in the details of your PC in the "user cp" (button on top left of this screen).
We might then be able to help you further.
What OS are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/conflict-of-network-card-with-video-card.15692/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I have a "SanDisk Ultra CompactFlash" 4GB card and an internal card reader (HP desktop). When I insert the card into the reader, the green light above the slot turns on as if it recognizes the device, but it doesn't show up. Device Manager says that the driver is installed and working properly, and I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and restarted my computer. A system restore isn't really an option because it isn't my computer.

Any idea how I can fix this? Could it matter that I'm not on the Admin account on the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internal-card-reader-not-recognizing-card-driver-is-working-properly-674442.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Anyone out there that hopefully can help me with this problem.....I bought a PC that a freind of mine built and I can connect to the internet via DIAL-UP but I have 5mb Cable so I bought and installed a Linksys 10/100 fast ethernet card and it shows in device manager that it is indeed installed and working properlly yet it continueosly says that it is AQUIRING NETWORK ADDRESS and shows my IP ADDRESS via IPCONFIG as....fe80::214:bfff:fe59:5bof%7....? I thought the same...I am fairly good with computers yet I cannot figure out what is worng I have tried reformating, reinstalling the drivers, updating drivers etc.... yet I cannot connect to the internet and I also dont have BIOS to manually do anything either......ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relevancy 54.18%

I guys, I bought a laptop E1705 from dell and as of now, its in production. My plan after I get it is to buy a Rangebooster N 650 notebook adapter from Dlink (dwa-645), but I just learned that my laptop doesn't have a pcmcia slot. Im not sure if thats a pcmcia coz in specs, it says its a 32-bit card bus so I'm just confused is that both the same? What network card that is compatible with E1705 since I have a Dlink DIR-625 N router to match.

I appreciate your help.

Relevancy 54.18%

I'm have some minor issues with my wifi router, I'm using a Linksys WRT54G2, I upgraded the firmware, it doesnt seem to be any better, would a better Network Card help. I'm pretty sure I have a intergrated NIC now.

A:Network Card

I'm not too clear on your problem. I have the same router and it works great. Are you able to connect to the internet at all? If not, it's quite possible that your NIC is defective in which case you'll need to purchase a new ethernet card. Have you tried upgrading the software for your NIC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-card.131575/
Relevancy 54.18%

hi there
i just upgraded to vista ultimate and my realtek network card is installed but it is not working and it was working before i upgraded can anyone help me thanks

A:network card

What do you mean by "is installed"? Have you installed the proper vista drivers?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/network-card-270776.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello everybodyI just need to install a network card for my Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop, and I want to make sure that I get the right one. Which one should I buy?

A quick google search suggests it has an Integrated Network card already. If it hasn't you can pick up a PCMCIA card for only a few dollars. Xircom are a not a bad brand.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card.747657/
Relevancy 54.18%

I've got a Linksys 10/100 LAN Card. I'm running WinXP. I hook up to the internet via USB and a cable modem. I've had two 10/100 cards both have the same problem. In the network connections box it keeps telling me that the "network cable is unplugged" but I've had it plugged into the cable modem and to my x-box. All of which use a cat5 cable RJ-45 connectors. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated
TY
D.

Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,

I just purchased a Ralink Wireless N LAN Desktop PCI Adapter card. I have the card installed but I can't seem to find my wireless network. I tried going through the manual but still couldn't seem to figure it out. I was wondering if anyone could help me out and let me know what settings I may need. I have a Linksys Wireless G Broadband router. Model number wrt54g. If anyone could help me out in anyway I would appreciate it.

Thanks
bjb21

Relevancy 54.18%

hey guys i installed windows 7 32 bit and my network card didnt work this time i want to install windows 7 64 bit because i need it for adobe after effect cs 5 but my network card wont work again please help.

A:need help with network card

Quote: Originally Posted by matq

hey guys i installed windows 7 32 bit and my network card didnt work this time i want to install windows 7 64 bit because i need it for adobe after effect cs 5 but my network card wont work again please help.

;You will need to update your NIC drivers, since we don't know what your MOBO/Nic card is go to your manufacturer web site/support page and D/L the latest drivers for windows 7.

Adrian

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/95751-need-help-network-card.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Guys,

I currently need my Laptop to plug in to my network at work. Im new to this networking but i learn quick!

The ASDL Router is a 'D-Link DSL-504T'

Obviously i need a network card for my laptop, but i need one that is wired.
My question is can i use any brand?
If so is it just as simple as pluging the card to laptop and the wire from card to router?
&
Wireless card - can i use?

PS any suggestions for in-expensive cards that i can purchase on the internet would be greatly appreciated!!

A:Network card?

Hi there,

You can use any Ethernet PCMCIA 10/100 Network card in your laptop. They can range from ?15 to ?30 depending on make. I have found no difference in the cheaper ones although dont lose your driver disks as finding drivers online can be a hassle.
As for you going wireless. You would need a wireless Router and Network card.
When connecting you laptop all you should need to do is make sure it is set to DHCP as most Routers will assign an IP number to the laptop. Just make sure you turn on in the order..ROUTER...LAPTOP.

Any problems let me know.

Smeg

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-card-19228.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Good morning,
I have one network card and are assigned two IP's by my router.
I have DHCP enabled and the adapter is set to obtain IP's automatically which then assigns two IP's.
This does not happen with any other PC's on the network.
Any suggestions / help ?
Thanks,Nelly

A:One network card but two IP'S ?

Following this will help us better understand what you mean - Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

Are both addresses IPv4? - (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX) Or is their one which is IPv6? - (XXXX:XXXX:XXXX:XXXX::X)

You can only have one IP address assigned per interface so following the above requirements will help us to see what the second IP address correlates to.

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/303876-one-network-card-but-two-ips.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am running a computer with Windows NT 4.0 but i cant get my network card to work it asks for the irq or iq ports which i dont know what to select

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card.551849/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,   My laptop will freeze on a page and I can do nothing, not even move my mouse.  So I have to reboot to make computer operational.  (Boot time takes longer than usual)  This only happens when I am connected to the Internet and not when using off line.   I suspect I may have a bad network card?   Could someone please tell me which card I would order and where to buy?   My devise Manager Lists three items-----------Under Network Adapters there are: Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi AdapterRealtek PCIe FE Family ControllerTAP-Windows Adapter V9 Could someone please suggest which card may need to be replaced and where to buy?    Thank you for any assistance! 

A:Which and where to buy network card?

HI @SanDiegoHiker, Thank you for your inquiry,  I grasp that when on the Internet, your notebook will lockup /freeze and you must reboot to regain access. You suspect you have a bad network card, Here is a link to HP PCs - Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow after Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10... that may help.  You can also run a hardware test on the network card.  HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) Under the component option, you find the wireless module selection.    Here is a link to the HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide. Please note chapter 3, page 26, item 24 for the recommended replacement cards.   If you are still interested in replacing the card, here is a link to  HP Notebook PCs - Ordering HP Certified Replacement Parts.  You could also try a web search with the part number to locate one. Please let me know the outcome. If this post helps you to resolve the issue, please pay it forward by clicking "Accept as Solution", to the right of the "Thumbs up" icon.  You can click the thumbs up icon to show gratitude!   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Which-and-where-to-buy-network-card/td-p/5590560
Relevancy 54.18%

I've been having this problem card use? What do network you ever since Windows Vista bit a problem I've been trying to find a solution to for the last weeks It's REALLY frustrating to realize that the problem was the network card I was using a RT branded as a Sabrent wireless card This card would work fine in normal use downloading but when it came to uploading or anything JAVA it would crash and hardlock the computer So I thought it might be the OS then I installed Windows and I still have this problem even after switching hdds memory The problem lies within the network card because once it's removed theres no crashing So I What network card do you use? want to ask what wireless network cards do you guys use What network card do you use? that work with Windows bit I know there are a few RT chipsets out there Linksys WMP G but the RT doesn't work well with my machine as it has more than GB of memory article Ralink RT or RT x RT x causes freezing Windows x Sad but funny I went to the store to buy a bunch of network cards to try and low and behold most of them use the RT chipset Unfortunately my location doesn't permit any wired connection What network cards have you guys found compatible Do you have GB Ram Thanks

A:What network card do you use?

I only used x86 so far, but my D-Link Wireless G DWA-110 USB Adapter seems to work fine with windows 7, have no problems what so ever.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/15551-what-network-card-do-you-use.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently upgraded an older Gateway PC from NT to XP. Every thing seems to work ok, except online access. According to the MS list my network card is no longer compatible. The XP diagnostics on the PC are saying the card is working properly ( 3com 10/100 PCI Ethernet Adapter 3c905c-TX) and I can access other PCs on the network. I lost my ip addresses and had to run ipconfig to get them back. As far as I know they're accurate. I'm missing a vital step somewhere, but don't what else to do. I know just enough to be dangerous. Could my IP addresses still be wrong, and if so, would it be wise to try Google's public DNS?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Relevancy 54.18%

How do I find out if I have a network card?
Dell computer
1 year old
windows XP

Look at back of computer. Should have an RJ45 jack (looks like phone jack, only bigger). Should also show up in device manager.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card.227466/
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm setting up a Home Network on a pc and a laptop at my brother in-laws. The PC has window me and laptop is 98. The PC went find the when I tried the laptop it says that I needed a Network adapter. The card is installed and everything seems fine. I see it under the Device Manager?

unfortunatly windows networking is not all that easy. first what protocol do you want to use, what type of network will you run and so on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card.29945/
Relevancy 54.18%

HI I ve !!! Network NIC Card --- Help... been having problems getting my network card to work on my computer It s a P MHZ Q-Lity motherboard NIC Card - Sohoware Connected to a Cable Modem Router using XP HOME The --- NIC Network Card !!! Help... Light on the back indicates it s on Windows Recognizes it I ve moved the card to all my PCI Slots still nothing I placed an extra video card to test if the PCI Slots are broken it works fine The NIC Cable is fine i tested it on another computer I can reach the router Setup page but no --- NIC Network Card !!! Help... connection I also tried without the router still nothing direct connect to modem NO IP NO default gateway I tried ipconfig renew It just says an error occured unable to reach DCHP server Request timed out I pinged It s fine no packet loss I decided to buy a new NIC Card still the same problem I ve formated my computer Tried new drivers nothing Any --- NIC Network Card !!! Help... ideas I m going to return the New NIC Card i bought maybe its broken nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

This might be a stupid question but I am going to ask it anyways, I have an older computer which connects to the internet without issue. What I want to do is delete the drivers for my sound card and network card so I can find it the old fashion way of d/l if from the manufactuers site instead of having a CD do it. Is it possible for me to delete the drivers for both and just get a generic driver connection so I can access the internet.

I hope my questions makes sense.

TIA

Relevancy 54.18%

If I purchase either a XPS 8900 or a Precision Tower 3420 or an Optiplex 7040, can I add a gigabyte Ethernet card after my purchase if I decide I need one? If so, which Ethernet card do I purchase? The Dell 5722? And if I install it myself, will it affect the warranty?
Also, if I purchase any Dell desktop and want to expand the RAM in the future and the unit is still under warranty, if I add extra RAM purchased from Dell, will my warranty be affected?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19984149
Relevancy 54.18%

hi guys.. currently my computer is on wireless... i am using linksys wireless g usb network adaptor.. my question is do i need a network card? how do i check if i have one?

because sometimes when i log into wow, i get stuck on the loading screen. i went to wow forum and check and maybe it is due to network card.

A:do i need a network card?

Your Linksys wireless G USB network adapter is a network card.

Have you tried updating the drivers for the wireless card? Here's the Linksys site: http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Sate...apper&lid=4088837314B394&displaypage=download

Also, I would suspect your computer also has a wired Ethernet card built in, you could connect via an Ethernet cable to see if it is a problem with the wireless or something else.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-i-need-a-network-card.689089/
Relevancy 54.18%

i have a laptop and i'm always using the wireless network card for internet access. up until recently it's worked fine, but lately the network icon in my system tray (the one that looks like a little monitor) will go from light blue to black. it never completely disconnects and always says that i have an excellent connection, but if the screen on the little monitor is black, i can't load any pages at all. at first i thought it was just the network, but i've found that it does it anytime i get on any network anywhere. if i do a repair on the connection, it'll stay up for about five minutes and then start randomly going from light blue to black again. can anyone tell me what can cause this? has my network card gone bad or is that even the problem? thanks.

A:possible bad network card?

Get to the command prompt and ping your network card - 127.0.0.1 at least you'll know if there is a problem with the network card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-bad-network-card.468328/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am in the process of repairing an older computer for my own personal use....I just need to get online to completely update the computer. I have a CAT6 ethernet cable plugged in to the computer but it wont let me on the internet, I tried the network setup wizard i tried manually setting up the network connection but nothing worked.......its a Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated C Network card from 2003

A:Network Card Help

what windows version are you running
post back an ipconfig /all

{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card-help.950878/
Relevancy 54.18%

How can i Find this Driver: Exactly this Network Card: Broadcom NetXtreme ethernet i lost the disk thats way..
Thanks

A:Network card?

Have you tried here?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card.464858/
Relevancy 54.18%

i have just bought a MSI PC60G-F PCI network card. i have connected it to the pc and installed the drivers. it connects to our Bthomehub perfectly fine and connets to the net, i can run MSN fine but when i try to connect a webpage using IE or firefox after about 2-5min the computer just freezes and i can;t do anything.

Spec:
Asus AV8 - U i think.
AMD 3000+
7100 GeForce
Windows XP Sp2

Thx for any info you can give me.

A:PCI network card

Classic sign of bad drivers or bad hardware. I'd first try swapping it for a new card. Truthfully, I have very little use for MSI hardware, I'd try to exchange it for a Linksys or perhaps a D-Link wireless card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pci-network-card.670417/
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm having trouble with a weak internet connection on a wired network. I think my network card is going bad. Is a network card easy for a novice to change?

Thanks in advance

yes if it's sitting in a pci slot.

the case needs to be opened and remove one, replace it with the other card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card.676632/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, I am new here, though I have been lurking for a while. I have a Lenovo G505s and was wondering would it be worth upgrading the network card from 802.11n to 802.11a/c hope I got that right. If so, what card would I need/and cost and is it easy to replace yourlself or would I need to take it in to to a repair shop to get it done. Plus is it worth adding more ram so far it has 8gigs. Again, what would I need to get and how easy is it to add. Thank you John

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Network-Card/td-p/3450022
Relevancy 54.18%

I lost my wireless modem in a lightning storm a few days ago. Got a new modem today, and it works fine. The desktop that it is connected to will not connect to the internet...says there is no network. Tech guy that was here said that most likely the wireless network card inside of the computer went bad, and that those can be replaced.
My question is....do I have to get a new internal one, or would a usb wireless network component work?
I have an eMachines model EL1352-01e, Windows 7
Thank you!

A:bad network card ?

A USB wireless adapter should work fine, but it doesn't seem that likely that both the modem and your original wireless adapter would go out at the same time, unless maybe it was hooked up via Ethernet and the port got shocked during the storm as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-network-card.1129713/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am somewhat sure the parts here are compatible but my main concern is if the power supply unit is going to be enough if the ram is compatible with the motherboard and if i need a network card in the first place ie if there is a ethernet port on the motherboard itself Please give any info you can this is my first computer and I want to do it right the first time Here are the parts Case Antec Nine Hundred Two ATX Computer Case http www bestbuy com site Antec - Nine Hundred II Computer Case p id amp skuId amp st antec nine hundred amp cp amp lp Motherboard Intel - ATX Motherboard MHz Socket LGA http www OK? Card RAM, PSU, Network bestbuy com site Intel B - ATX Motherboard MHz Socket LGA p id amp skuId amp st motherboard amp cp amp lp CPU - Intel - Core i - GHz Processor http www bestbuy com site Intel B - Core B i - GHz Processor p id amp skuId amp st Intel C AE - Core E A i - GHz Processor amp cp amp lp RAM Kingston Technology - HyperX -Pack GB PC - DDR DIMM Desktop Memory http www bestbuy com site Kingston Technology - HyperX -Pack GB PC - DDR DIMM Desktop Memory p id amp skuId Power Supply Antec EarthWatts W Continuous Power Power Supply http www frys com product site sr SEARCH MAIN RSLT PG Hard Drive Seagate - Barracuda TB Internal Serial ATA Hard Drive for Desktops http www bestbuy com site Seagate - Barracuda TB Internal Serial ATA Hard Drive for Desktops p PSU, RAM, Network Card OK? id amp skuId Optical Drive - LG - x Internal Double-Layer DVD RW CD-RW Drive Model GH LS SKU http www bestbuy PSU, RAM, Network Card OK? com site LG - x Internal Double-Layer DVD BRW CD-RW Drive p id amp skuId Video Card EVGA - NVIDIA GeForce GT GB DDR PCI Express Graphics Card http www bestbuy com site EVGA - NVIDIA GeForce GT GB DDR PCI Express Graphics Card p id amp PSU, RAM, Network Card OK? skuId Sound Card - Creative - Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Sound Card http www bestbuy com site Creative - Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Sound Card p id amp skuId Network Card - D-Link - Desktop PCI Network Card http www bestbuy com site D-Link - Desktop PCI Network Card p id amp skuId amp st network card amp cp amp lp Monitor LG - quot Flat-Panel LED Monitor - Glossy Black Purple Accent http www bestbuy com site LG - cent p id amp skuId Keyboard Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard http www frys com product site sr SEARCH MAIN RSLT P Operating System Software Windows Home Premium bit http www costco com Browse Product aspx Prodid amp search windows amp Mo amp cm re en- -Top Left Nav- -Top search amp lang en-US amp Nr P CatalogName BC amp Sp S amp N amp whse BC amp Dx mode matchallpartial amp Ntk Text Search amp Dr P CatalogName BC amp Ne amp D windows amp Ntt windows amp No amp Ntx mode matchallpartial amp Nty amp topnav amp s Total Tax New Total nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/psu-ram-network-card-ok.932560/
Relevancy 54.18%

The computer I would like to buy doesn't have a network card. What problem will this do in the future? How can the network card make internet connection faster??? Thank you for advice.

A:No network card

A network card is required for any connection other than simple dialup. If you ever decide to upgrade to dsl or cable internet access you will need to get one.

How it makes it faster is kind of like how an automobile is faster than a child pedaling a tricycle. It's different technology.

EDIT:

That said, network cards are pretty cheap so you can always buy one later if needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-card.371992/
Relevancy 54.18%

i'm building a new pc and a network card is optional. for decent wireless speed, i'm assuming you need one? lol

A:network card

most come with a LAN network incorporated into the motherboard
you may need a wireless card
which where you referring to ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card.1118492/
Relevancy 54.18%

my dad bought a new netgear 108mps router....and ever since then i can get my wireless card to pick it up on my desktop....and nether can my father....but both of our laptops find it and connect to it right away....it works wired to the computer but not wirelessly....we both have the same cheap wireless card in it and its a airlink 802.11 56mps card....and the router is a g router so there is no problem there....

thanks for any help in advance

A:do i need a better network card

Disable all of the "turbo" features on the new router and use plain 802.11g protocol, see if that doesn't help the connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-i-need-a-better-network-card.603589/
Relevancy 54.18%

My computer just stopped connecting to the internet one day for no reason It s not the modem as i m using the same one to get online with right now I have no firewalls or anything that would prevent me from going online that I m aware of My main guess would be my network card decided to die I m asking is card bad? How to tell network if my if their is any way to look on my computer if the network card is responding or not and if that is in fact the problem I am running windows vista and I have a decent computer I can post all spec s if required It s a gaming rig about months out of date but had top of the line everything I ve been pretty disapointed lately because I have this k computer sitting around thats only good for microsoft word and printing I bought empires total war the week it came out Played it great for about a week or so and then the computer won t go online anymore I decided i wanted How to tell if my network card is bad? to play it again recently and really would How to tell if my network card is bad? like to fix it without having to spend alot of money on going to a computer repair place thanks for the help nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Ok, I have recently installed XP home on my laptop (IBM Thinkpad 1400) and got that all said and done with... Now I want to get my network card installed, It is a PCIMA Network card from belkin... I put the drivers on and it gives the windows driver is not signed. Ok i still try and get it installed but it says "DEVICE CAN NOT START"...Is this because of the device signing or something else i need to do....

Relevancy 54.18%

hey i got 2 questions.....

1. how can i tell the name brand on my network card?
2. wheres the best place to find a hardware detector?

Relevancy 54.18%

Hello to all

The problem I'm is that I have no Internet I can't ping my gateway
when I look into the status of the nic card I see that there is 6 packets received and one packet sent. I've tried a different network card,reinstalling the card I still get the same results.Can anybody give me any info to this problem.....Thank you

Relevancy 54.18%

Currently my laptop has a G networking card (54Mbs). I am thinking of purchase a N Networking adaptor (USB power) to replace it. Can I just simply plug in the N card, install driver, and expected the bandwidth will improve more than 54 Mbs? My Internet provider bandwidth is much higher than 54 Mbs.

Please advise if this is possible, if not, what can I do to take the advantage of the N card for my laptop?

Thanks
Silverhalo

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I have a old PC pentium 200 96 ram with xp .. it goes well
I got a D Link bus mastering Network card installed it and xp detected and insalled the driver.. No faults on the device manager .. how ever it doesnt connect to another network no lights show up or connection..xover cable is good and my laptop is very good worinking on other networks this is the weired part .. while i reboot my old pc while cable is connected to my laptop ..is makes a connection and then green light shows up .. but when windows starts up .. it goes off .. ??help would be great cheers..

Relevancy 54.18%

Anyone having any trouble running a D-Link WDL 650+ network wireless card with XP Home Edition on a laptop?
Mine is locking up the computer on startup and sometimes after startup when plugged in then.
No support suggestions have worked as yet.

Thanks

Relevancy 54.18%

I'm running win 98 on an old pentium 133. I had to buy an ISA network card. The installation seemed to be going fine. It recognized the card it then wanted to scan the win 98 cd-rom. I didn't have it with me at the time so I told it to look in c:\windows\system, it worked but right before it finished installing the card the computer froze. I tried installing the card a couple more times but had the same problem. I don't know if this means anything but it is recognizing it as plug and play. I didn't think ISA was able to do plug and play. I don't know what to do at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Relevancy 54.18%

Hello!

I am unable to reach the internet at tthe moment, and the problem is missing drivers to my network card (ADMtek An983 10/100Mbps PCI Adapter). I've tried going to the manufacturers website, but its a major jerk (Infineon.com). I've also tried googling and stuff, but no luck. Help, please : )

Relevancy 54.18%

hi guys.. currently my computer is on wireless... i am using linksys wireless g usb network adaptor.. my question is do i need a network card? how do i check if i have one?

because sometimes when i log into wow, i get stuck on the loading screen. i went to wow forum and check and maybe it is due to network card.

A:do i need a network card?

Your wireless adapter IS your network card, so the answer is, you already have one.

If you're connected at all, the network card is obviously working, right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-i-need-a-network-card.689088/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey guys,
I was wondering what is the best wireless network adapter - i'm a bit strapped for cash and so i need the best and cheapest solution. I have a Dell Dimension E521 running Vista please answer quicK!!
Caduris

A:Which Network Card?

Belkin, I bought a Belkin Wireless G adapter for my laptop about 2 months ago. It cost me $40.00.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/127890-network-card.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,

can anybody tell me if there is any possible way to check whehter the network card is working finely. As i plug in network cable, it shows green light... but when i click on " my network place" it doesnt show any.

How to?
-soo

A:Regarding network card

i know its a silly day 1 week 1 question, but do you have the drivers on your computer?

have you tried in device manager right clicking and scanning for hardware changes?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/regarding-network-card.771169/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have an Alienware m14x laptop with a GeForce GT 650M graphics card, but lately my games have been recognizing the "Intel HD graphics 4000" as my graphics card.

Anyway to disable the intel card without messing anything else up?

A:Games only recognizing Intel graphics card, but using a real card

I don't know to much about Alienware computers. But the first place I would look is in the BIOS. My old T400 had an option in there to disable the integrated or discrete graphics cards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/293282-games-only-recognizing-intel-graphics-card-but-using-real-card.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey

im wating to get broadband as it is finallt coming to my area and i need an ethernet card
i already have a network card but is that the same as an ethernet card?

Thanks

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello, I have a Geforce Fx5200 graphics card and up till now, it has worked ok. But I'm trying to upgrade to a Radeon 2400pro, which i have done... But as soon as i plug in my network cable, my computer freezes :( it does not do this with the Geforce card. It's most certainly a problem with the graphics card since it's only happening with it in, but i might have to do something with the Network settings or card or w.e :P but i don't know what.. If anyone could help, i'd appreciate it. If you need more information just ask :D

A:XP - Network card problem with VGA Card

hello & welcome to TSF ,

i know this may sound like a dunb question !!

did you uninstall the drivers & software for the GForce Fx5200 ?

also

now what i need to do is go to your (device manager)

now once there you will want to select from the toolbar of the window(veiw) then a drop down menu / from it you will select (show all hidden devices)

now if you see any (red or yellow) quotation marks , make a note of what they

now go to the (event veiwer) this is thru the (administrator tools) in the control panel
here you will find 3 to 4 subcatagories

you will want to check each of them for this is where windows keeps track of all errors
now you will want to make notes of the errors that have been recorded ( you do not have to make notes of double entries just of the dates of their happenings & how many there is)
you will get more information on the errors if you (right) click them / then select properties

then get back to us

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-network-card-problem-with-vga-card-231505.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My pc has a a intel pro/100 ve network built in network adapter. The guy at wanadoo said i need a ethernet card not just a network card I thought it was the same thing. (The lead fits )