Windows Support Forum

Solved: Need to reset Wireless Connection Properties

Q: Solved: Need to reset Wireless Connection Properties

I was trying to set up an ad hoc network and toyed around with some of the wireless network settings. The network I was trying to set up didn't quite work out so I tried to set it back to how they were but forgot how they were.

Is there a way to delete the Wireless Network Connection and let it create a new one or is there a "standard" setting for this to strictly find a wireless network and connect to it?

I am running Windows XP Pro.

Any help or questions would be appreciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Need to reset Wireless Connection Properties

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 75.68%

I have a Presario M with Windows XP I have been using a Linksys WRT G wireless router for three years with no problems Recently a Solved: Reset the now secure wireless can't router wireless connection! relative unable to find the Encryption Key quot reset quot the router It still works fine but it is now an unsecured connection I tried to secure the connection by running the Linksys installation CD four times I called Linksys and was informed that my service contract which I did not know I had had expired If I paid them they would walk me through a new installation that I could make secure I tried to check out their website linsysbycisco com but it seems not to exist I had no idea that I would not be able to change the security settings of the router after a certain amount of time Is there anything I can do short of paying them to make the wireless router connection secure I am a new member and posted this question twice as I titiled my first inquiry with my user name sorry wont do it again Solved: Reset wireless router now can't secure the wireless connection! nbsp

A:Solved: Reset wireless router now can't secure the wireless connection!

That is a pretty common Linksys router and you should just be able to download the router manual from Linksys's website and go into the Web Interface of the router to setup the Wireless encryption again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-reset-wireless-router-now-cant-secure-the-wireless-connection.841000/
Relevancy 71.38%

I am trying to connect my Nook to my wireless network When I originally set the manual wireless Does connection? Solved: router require reset network up I wrote down EVERYTHING router password network name network security key security type IP address network name amp network passphrase The original set up was with a now unused laptop I have since successfully connected a desktop wirelessly to the network but the Nook keeps telling me I m entering the wrong wireless password I can access the router page through Solved: Does wireless router reset require manual connection? the IP address using the info I said I have above and have not been able to figure out the password From what I can tell there s no way to recover my encrypted password and I need to do a factory reset to my router and set it up from scratch again If I m wrong on that PLEASE someone let me know I guess my Solved: Does wireless router reset require manual connection? question is ultimately this if I have to do a master reset to my router do I have to use a cable to connect it to my PC when I m setting it back up The computer is on a different floor than the router and I don t think there s a cable long enough that I can afford to connect them Sorry it s Windows Vista bit and a Linksys wireless router WRT G Thank you in advance for your help nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to my laptop, using Vista, and there is no "sharing"d tab to allow ICS, so It always fails the IP address test. I've tried every site and googled it multiple times but still haven't gotten a solution.

A:Solved: No "Sharing" tab in wireless network connection properties

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sharing-tab-in-wireless-network-connection-properties.754170/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi - I still have internet access. However, when I go into wireless connections, properties, general, the TCP/IP "stack" has disappeared.

The rest are still there: Client for MS networks
File & Printer sharing
QoS Packet Scheduler

I've posted to other forums and I have had an external PC professional have a look, but not even the latter could find out what happened.

The reason I need it is that I manually set my IP address at home, but let it find it automatically elsewhere, but can't as cannot access the TCP/IP elements.

Thanks.

Relevancy 66.65%

Please help me
my Wireless Network Connection Properties not can click!
me try Uninstall WNC Adapter on Device Manager
and reset IPV4, Winsock on CMD.
but still not can click. what is this problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382833-help-wireless-network-connection-properties-not-can-click.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I wonder how I can disable my wireless network and view their WAN or Lan properties in windows 7. I can do it in windows xp myself though.

A:How I can disable/enable wireless network and view properties of Lan connection?

Hi have you looked in device manager

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-i-can-disable-enable-wireless-network-and-view-properties-of-lan-connection-557333.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I Have a dell inspiron laptop with a WRT54GX2 router. My problem is I tried to change my password with the router and then it said dns error so then i clicked repair. It would connect me to my neighbor's router so when I would type my password in and connect to mine it would take a while then it would be on and then it would come up my neighbor's router. So then I Did a reset on the router and now when it is on mine it only goes 11.0mbps and I used to go 54mbps and then sometimes I look on the view available wireless networks and it says unsecured wireless network linksys and that is my neighbor's one so I don't know what to do.

A:Wireless connection mising after reset

When you do a factory reset on the router, it disables the wireless IIRC. You have to reconfigure the router using a wired connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-mising-after-reset.46457/
Relevancy 61.49%

I am having an issue with my wireless connection on one of my computers We run a total of computers on my wireless network and only have the problem on one After it has been sitting for a while usually overnight it is my home office computer I lose connection It adapter troubleshoot Have daily wireless to connection reset via will have the icon with the computer screen with a red x over it When I click on it it turns to bars with a yellow symbol Have to reset wireless adapter daily via troubleshoot connection over it I click on that and it shows available networks I click to connect to mine and the yellow symbol becomes a blue circle It stays like that for a few minutes and I then get a cannot connect to network error I click on trouble shoot it detects and resets the adapter and it connects I have already tried unchecking the power saving box in adapter properties and flushing the dns I also disabled the power shut of in the computer Have to reset wireless adapter daily via troubleshoot connection power management I have tried different adapters and the same problem So far I have had no issues with disconnect Have to reset wireless adapter daily via troubleshoot connection while using the computer Possibly happens when the comp goes to sleep I think I will disable sleep mode overnight and see if that helps Any suggestions appreciated Thanks in advance ISP-CenturyLink DSL Zyxel PK Modem Router Norton Antivirus Online Version Windows IP Configuration Host Name NewOffice Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List PK Z Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address E - E- - -F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix PK Z Description Realtek RTL CU Wireless LAN n USB Network Adapter Physical Address E - E- - -F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a e f e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday August PM Lease Expires Saturday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - -CD- - - - -D - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V- Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address - - - B- D-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FB D -EF A- F-B EC- B F EAB Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap PK Z Connection-specific DNS Suffix PK Z Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e e f ff Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e f ff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap EA C - CC- DD-A -B B CCC B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I tried Xirrus WiFi Inspector but could not get the screen to show up in paint

A:Have to reset wireless adapter daily via troubleshoot connection

Can you try disabling USB power saving by following this procedure:

1. In Power options, click Change advanced power settings.

2. In the Power Options dialog box, expand USB settings, and then expand USB selective suspend setting.

3. If you want to enable Windows 7 to turn on the USB root hub when the computer is running on battery power, click Disabled in the On battery list.

4. If you want to enable Windows 7 to turn on the USB root hub when the computer is plugged in to a power outlet, click Disabled in the Plugged in list, and then click OK.

Source: Windows disable USB power saving (DisableSelectiveSuspend) | gordy.b.stronach

Test if the problem still persist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/302239-have-reset-wireless-adapter-daily-via-troubleshoot-connection.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I have an annoying problem with my wireless Internet connection. When the computer is turned on for the first time it says it has 'limited or no connectivity'. I then double-click on the icon in the system tray and enter the password for that connection. This immediately fixes the problem but I was just wondering if there was any way to get it that it doesn't need to be entered every time.

I have a dell computer, Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3. I use a BT Home Hub and a Belkin 54 Mbps wireless adapter.

Thanks in advance

Colm

Relevancy 56.76%

I was recently messing around with my audio properties to try and get things working with Skype.
Now I cannot remember what they were originally and cannot speak over Ventrilo.
I have tried a number of things, but simply cannot return them to their defaults so I can talk once again.
Any help would be appreciated greatly
Thanks in advance.

A:Audio Properties reset

Hi, yellowbus. Welcome to TSF, slurpy's are on the left.

Check this[1] out.

[1] http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=214671

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-properties-reset-370233.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the access window Cannot in properties" area connection properties "local window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv'e also tried it using the administrator account But it didn't help What is causing this problem and how Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window I fix it Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window-187331.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and access window area "local properties" in properties Cannot connection quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv e also tried it jusing the administrator account But it didn t help What is causing this problem and how I fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window.636065/
Relevancy 56.33%

I believe I messed up the network settings on my machine not via the router but via control panel when you right click on the Local Area Connection gt Properties gt IPv IPv and some network reset properties? Completely all more places I can't remember and that's the problem Another thing is when I type ipconfig all I Completely reset all network properties? see that DHCP is not enabled and I remember it used to be enabled In IPv and IPv properties everything is set to automatically so I dont know why web pages take too long to load Mbps connection the rest of computers on the network are surfing the web fast I also get an error a few times a day where the little symbol of the LAN in the taskbar has a yellow exclamation mark and I need to right click and do the Troubleshoot problems and at the end I always get quot The default gateway was not available quot and it's fixed but keeps coming back I tried something I found on Microsoft help page and ran the following cmd netsh int ip reset c resetlog txt That didn't help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/402610-completely-reset-all-network-properties.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Last Tuesday when I started up FF 5.01, every link I tried (through Google search) I ended up getting a Connection Reset message. I tried Bing, Webcrawler, and another...(can't remember which offhand)... with the same results. However, I started up Google Chrome and everything worked normally. Before trying Chrome though I had ran a full AV/Anti-malware check and also ran Malwarebytes tool and SuperAntiSpyware as well. Took care of what did show up and still had the Connection Reset problems. So I used Google Chrome, but I need Firefox..(My Preference)... Made sure as advised through another post that Firefox was recognized as a trusted program in the Comodo Internet Security package I run. NEVER had this problem before. Definitely a bug in the works methinks, but what do I do ???? Any ideas folks ???? Lotsa thanks ahead of time for your help !!!

AER
Wyoming

A:[SOLVED] Connection Reset (continually)

Hi, welcome to TSF

It sounds like something is blocking Firefox's access to the internet - this is usually a firewall problem, so try disabling Comodo temporarily before restarting Firefox.

Also, check the File > Work Offline option in case someone has accidentally clicked it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-connection-reset-continually-589295.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have Apache, PHP, MySQL on Windows XP Professional.
Until now it worked fine, but today I can't load my pages.
If I stoped the antivirus (NOD32) then with Firefox almoust work, and with IE the small files are loaded ( < 100 kB ). If I try to download a file ( >100 kB ) with IE I got "The connection with the server was reset", with FF i got nothing ( no error, no file ).
In the last few days I worked on a flash, so I don't now exactly when things get wrong.

Any idea where to start?

A:Solved: 'connection reset' on localhost

There may be a problem with your Apache and/or PHP configuration. If memory serves correctly, there is a variable for max download size in either the Apache or PHP configuration. If you got Apache, PHP, and MySQL in a single bundle, chances are that the max download variable is set very low (makers of the package don't want all the outsiders hogging your PC resources).

For information on viewing and modifying your Apache and/or PHP configuration, check Google. I would post a link, but frankly I'm too lazy right now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connection-reset-on-localhost.447047/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a netgear WGT624 3v wireless router. I have been reading about people have there info stolen when they don't have there wireless router inciped. I went to the netgear web site and got more info on what i need to. I got to my router page but it needed a password that I don't know. It wouldn't take the defalt pass, so it say toerset the router. I did and now I can't even get to the router page and not wireless I had to hadr wire to the cable modem just to get help. what do I do. I am running windows 7.

Relevancy 55.47%

I had to reimage my sons computer because of a virus. After reinstalling windows xp the monitor was set to default setting. The setting is so large you can't scroll to the buttons needed to reset the display to a smaller setting. The question is .... How can I reset the display to a smaller setting with out going through the gui in windows?

Thanks Brent

A:Monitor display properties reset and can't change them

Hi Brent and welcome to TSF !

You'll need to reinstall your video drivers before you'll be able to change the resolution.

Else you can use tab to move from an option to the other, the arrow keys to move the resolution cursor, and enter to validate (when you're on ok, or apply). Do it on another computer at the same time so you can guess where you are if you really can't see but a tiny bit of the window.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/monitor-display-properties-reset-and-cant-change-them-177978.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I am experiencing a connection reset error when playing farmville 2. I can access all other games on facebook but that one. I went through unistalling and reinstalling adbode flshplayer, java, etc, reset my modem, restored access points, firewall settings, etc. I am so confused on how I can play all other games by Zynga but farmville 2. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

A:Solved: Connection reset error playing farmville2

I would also like to add that this is happening on my PC and my laptop.

avelina said:

I am experiencing a connection reset error when playing farmville 2. I can access all other games on facebook but that one. I went through unistalling and reinstalling adbode flshplayer, java, etc, reset my modem, restored access points, firewall settings, etc. I am so confused on how I can play all other games by Zynga but farmville 2. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connection-reset-error-playing-farmville2.1118631/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi there I'm having to use a loading was reset Internet while page connection was [SOLVED] works computer so please bear with me I have Firefox installed on my home machine and it has recently updated I think on Thursday Come Saturday for no apparent reason it has stopped allowing me onto all websites I have Avast MalwareBytes and Online Armor installed Now I know enough to allow Firefox access to update etc through the firewall however even though I have already set this up Online Armor keeps asking if Firefox can access various things including a remote control [SOLVED] Internet connection was reset while page was loading of some file or other It is listed as a trusted program and I have checked to make sure this is still the case I have run scanners with detections When I tried to use system restore to go back [SOLVED] Internet connection was reset while page was loading to before the update there are no restore points listed - at all I have rebooted and I can intiially access the web however it quickly goes off within about two minutes The error message I get reads something like quot Connection was reset while the page was laoding quot I have checked all my wires are connected and checked with ISP to make sure no faults but they will not advise on software issues and that is what they [SOLVED] Internet connection was reset while page was loading are saying it is Also I have set up user accounts for each member of the family and mine is the one and only password protected admin account It was while on one of the standard user accounts that the error first occured Any help would be appreciated Thanks Jo

A:[SOLVED] Internet connection was reset while page was loading

When there's an Update, there's always a chance of an add-on not being compatible. See if disabling solves the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-internet-connection-was-reset-while-page-was-loading-513724.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everybody,
I'm having an ethernet card to go online and I tried everything to connect my computer to the internet but they all failed. After several attempts with the internet support guy to connect my computer, he finally told me that the ip that shows up in my computer is a wireless router ip that I used somewhere sometime and it is stuck. So, it's preventing the new ip from taking its place. How can remove the stuck ip from my ethernet card? I hope I'm making sense and there's actually a way to do that because that what I've basically understood from the support guy after checking the signal that reaches the modem and turned to be high. When I connect the computer from the wireless connection from the neighbor is working. Any questions or suggestions are welcome.

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everybody,
I'm having an ethernet card to go online and I tried everything to connect my computer to the internet but they all failed. After several attempts with the internet support guy to connect my computer, he finally told me that the ip that shows up in my computer is a wireless router ip that I used somewhere sometime and it is stuck. So, it's preventing the new ip from taking its place. How can remove the stuck ip from my ethernet card? I hope I'm making sense and there's actually a way to do that because that what I've basically understood from the support guy after checking the signal that reaches the modem and turned to be high. When I connect the computer from the wireless connection from the neighbor is working. Any questions or suggestions are welcome.

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello Please help I have been trying to quot fix quot this issue on my laptop IP Valid Con Area Connection/Wireless a Have Local Solved: Network Connection Doesn't for the past month on and off I have been using other sources to access the internet reading up on resolutions on this issue and all kinds of forums I am knowledgeable but not able to understand some of the fixes and terms that I have come across I feel like I ve tried everything and still I cannot access the internet on my PC wired or wireless I have a Toshiba Satellite L -GS I tried to release amp renew my ipconig Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con Please see below for ipconfig Please help C windows system gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C windows system gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected C windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name jpharvey -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - -B -B -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- C- - - - C- C- -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - C- C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-wireless-network-connection-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-con.1016512/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have been fighting seemingly intermitent losses of internet connection for several months I have tried all suggestions I received including getting a new router My router resets and starts a new connection essentially every minutes My Reset Solved: Causing Connection Router Computer / to Drop current set up is a desktop connected by Ethernet cable to my D-Link If I turn off my laptop or disconnect the Ethernet cable my router stays connected to the internet Otherwise it drops the connection about every minutes I tried disconnecting at minutes and reconnecting at watching the Router status page from my wireless laptop Upon reconnection the router rebooted I have tried not running all the following things that might Solved: Computer Causing Router to Reset / Drop Connection seem related to my problem but the problem continues whether or not I have them running on my PC Apache Server FTP Filezilla Server TIVO Server TIVO Desktop Google Desktop Norton Firewall and a weather widget from ActiveAccess I think that is the list Now most of the suggestions I have found seem to assume there is a wireless problem before determining that when my PC is off or disconnected I have no problem I treid buying a new Router installing filters on my phones removing all my phones from the house disconnecting the wireless TIVO boxes on my TV Uninstalling UPnP I m not really sure I got that done on my PC because the directions sent me to the Windows firewall which I do not use but I did uncheck the box on the router I think that is about the laundry list I am open to suggestions I see lots of people with similar Solved: Computer Causing Router to Reset / Drop Connection symptoms but none that say they know the problem goes away when their desktop is OFF Thanks Glenn nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi folks would greatly appreciate any help and advice on the following problem that s been happening over the last few months I have a Dell Dimension running Windows XP and use a Buffalo WBMR-G Wireless Router to connect to the internet I also connect wirelessly with a Dell Latitude laptop and an iPhone What s been happening on the desktop computer is a loss of connection for seconds at a time or so with the message Local Area Connection a network cable is unplugged Yet while my desktop is disconnected my other devices are using the wireless connection without a break so it doesn t look like there s anything wrong with my broadband provider The Network Connection properties are Intel R DC Gigabit Network Connection PCI bus device function Link speed Mbps Full Duplex Driver Version It seems to be happening much more dropping yet Desktop Connection remains fine on connection Wireless Solved: frequently in the evenings than during the day especially when using Skype Any pointers and help would be great let me know if you need any more info Many thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Connection dropping on Desktop yet Wireless connection remains fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connection-dropping-on-desktop-yet-wireless-connection-remains-fine.899518/
Relevancy 53.75%

hey,

Today i have a new problem with my adsl. The wireless was working at full 'advertised' speed last night, then today i noticed the wireless connection symbol in the task bar had changed from 54mbs to only 2 mbs, and a speedtest showed that it was a tenth of the speed it used to be.

Because i just installed my modem yesterday, i thought maybe this was just the isp limiting my connection until i register the modem or something. However, when i connect an ethernet cable between the modem and my computer, the connection works at full advertised speed. Does this rule out the possibility that my isp is limiting my signal, and suggest that the problem is with my wireless settings? Thanks for any help. The modem is a speedtouch 780.

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I just moved into a new place and I ve been having a lot of trouble with the wireless connection There are other people sharing the wireless and none of them seem to have problems and my phone connects fine but my laptop will randomly lose internet access while still detecting the network When I run the troubleshooter it says it has reset the wireless adapter and the connection will work again but sometimes only for a few minutes before it craps out I don t have access to the wireless router itself so doing anything with that will require asking the landlady who doesn t speak English Windows Solved: 7 reset constantly having wireless to adapter well I had access fine for the first two days after I moved in I did install a couple of programs after that -Zip and Flash Player since the newest Flash version crashes my Firefox I don t know if that could have anything to do with it I m running Windows -bit on an Asus laptop After Solved: Windows 7 having to reset wireless adapter constantly searching around the forum a bit I followed the instructions in this post and will paste the results here I don t know if the ping address starting with might be invalid since the post is from several years ago Thanks so much for any help C Users Lindsay gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Lindsay-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR AR AR PCI-E Ethern et Controller Physical Address - B- - F- D-CF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- B-D -CA- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cba a cd db f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September- - PM Lease Expires September- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - E-D - C- B-D -CA- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap E C D- FF- A- DB - A A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap -FE F- - ED- F DB C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - Solved: Windows 7 having to reset wireless adapter constantly - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c ea f fff Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - E-D - C- B-D -CA- - NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Lindsay gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Lindsay gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Lindsay gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Lindsay gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request ti... Read more

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I have windows Pro installed I have a DSL connection that requires a username and password I have read connection sharing internet as connection Solved: wireless Help wired a with the tutorials for setting up ICS in windows but it is not working for me In my change adapter settings page I have connections LAN Wireless and M this is the dial-up for the username and password Here s what I have done I have Solved: Help with sharing wired internet connection as a wireless connection enabled ICS for M and created an ad-hoc wireless connection called M network I basically want to share my wired connection with my iPhone Everything is ok as far as connecting my iPhone to M network but when I try to use the internet all i get is a connecting message on my phone and it doesnt go any further I have used this network before to connect air mouse on my phone that lets me use my phone as a touchpad It still works fine that way but I cant use internet I have even tried enabling the ICS on LAN instead but got the same results Am I doing something wrong nbsp

A:Solved: Help with sharing wired internet connection as a wireless connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-with-sharing-wired-internet-connection-as-a-wireless-connection.884605/
Relevancy 53.75%

Cannot connect to home wireless network with Toshiba Satellite laptop running Vista with SP2. Other family wireless devices working fine and good internet connection using ethernet cable from my laptop to router.

Problem just started today after trying public free wireless in airport early today. Would not connect and got a security certificate warning on another free internet network. So, did not use. Internet worked fine tethered to my phone.

I have an internal wireless g card and a usb plug-in wireless n adapter. Neither one works now. In network status section of control panel shows good network connection but red X before internet connection icon.

I ran a Norton scan and Malwarebytes scan in safe mode with no issues. Also tried to connect wireless in safe mode with no success.

Lastly I did system restore to a few days ago when wireless connection was working fine. No success there either.

A:[SOLVED] Good wireless network connection but no internet connection

you have not accedently switched OFF the wireless at all

can we see an ipconfig /all and ping tests and an xirrus screen shot

also delete all the profiles

------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to remove Wireless Profiles
Removing an existing wireless "profile"
b]- Vista/Windows7:[/b]
FAQ - Welcome to TP-LINK
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Quote:

For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is working

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Direct link to the program is here Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-good-wireless-network-connection-but-no-internet-connection-599619.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Sony VAIO laptop running Windows Vista Business, Intel Centrino Duo, 1 gb RAM. Was recently traveling. Used hotel wireless. Now having trouble with home office wireless connectivity. Will conntect to home office Linksys N router. Will send via wireless to printers on network. Yet will not connect to internet via wireless. WILL CONNECT to intenet if connected to the router via a cable. Have tried release and reset IP address, reset TCP/IP stack, and reset winsock. Have done re-install of the Linksys software (deleted the connection and followed the add new computer steps in the Linksys program.) In past had a HP laptop running Windows XP that had same problem, but simple IP address release and reset would fix that one. Thanks to anyone who has the fix to this one! Icarus50

A:Solved: Vista Business Wireless connection OK but no connection to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-business-wireless-connection-ok-but-no-connection-to-internet.814998/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys,

I'm having a frustrating problem with my wireless right now. Every time I start up my laptop, I have to reset the router in order to connect to the internet. Otherwise I get "Limited Connectivity" this can also happen after I've been connected for a few hours, I'll lose my connection and get the yellow exclamation on my wireless status.

I have a DLink DIR-615 router and my network adapter is an Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5100. I'm using WPA and my wireless adapter settings are default. Running Vista Business 64 bit.

I have no problems using my computer at work with wpa

Google provided no real answers although it seems like I'm not the only one having this problem.

Please help!
Thanks

Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all I have a rather odd problem I personally have never encountered maybe some of you big brains can help me figure it out I have a Att Westell Dsl router broadcasting wireless at megs I connect to this router with different machines A laptop Acer and a desktop computer self built whose mobo is an Asus M N - SLI and is running win xp pro sp It is connected via ethernet through it s onboard gigabit ethernet port which uses Nforce drivers for it s adapter Yes sucks but it is fine for general use I am the only person using it and im in a rural area with no alternative My laptop connects and uses this wireless signal with no problems I am even able to play games like World Of Warcraft and other non-broadband intensive games on it My desktop which has the latest nforce ethernet drivers connected via ethernet is in most cases not usable connection??? my ethernet than connection faster Wireless Solved: at all It connects and I get the standard mbps connection notification yet it usually cannot even load a web page completely I open its status dialog and see that packet flow is very slow I have tried rolling back the driver this does not help I have deleted the driver altogether and rebooted the machine this does not help Other than this Solved: Wireless connection faster than my ethernet connection??? my desktop runs the way it should I built it and would consider myself an advanced computer user so I do not believe it is my machine I have looked for obtuse registry entries and services as culprits but I can find nothing out of place This is the first time I have encountered this any ideas nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless connection faster than my ethernet connection???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection-faster-than-my-ethernet-connection.1101093/
Relevancy 52.89%

hello
when i connect my hp probook 4520s to my sony vpcyb4ajg with Ethernet cable on my Hp wireless disconnects and can not be connected until i disconnect lan cable. but on my sony i have both wired and wireless connections simultaneously
hp:Windows 8 x64 realteck Ethernet and atheros wireless
sony: win 7 x86 atheros Ethernet atheros wireless

A:[SOLVED] wired connection prevents wireless connection

Moved to networking for further assistance please follow the instructions here Pre-posting Requirements - for both Wired and Wireless Connectivity Issues

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-wired-connection-prevents-wireless-connection-694569.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Here is my question, My roommate has a wireless network installed in the apartment we share. It is actually set up nicely, very rarely any problems getting on-line and browsing and such. The router is a Netgear WNDA 3700 and cable service is thru Comcast. I play a lot of on-line games and sometimes the connection will drop and I get a lot of lag and sometimes die (no fun). I was wondering if it is possible to run a Cat 5 cable from the back of the router straight to my computer, there is 1 connection available on the router, and If this is possible I want to make sure it won't interfere with him getting on the internet and doing whatever he does while I'm on-line. Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Netgear DG834 wireless router which gives me wireless connection to the internet but I cannot connect by any of the ethernet ports. I get an icon saying I'm connected but no packet data is transferring. If I try to "repair" the network I get an error message saying Windows could not complete the repair as TCP/IP is not enabled ...it is enabled when I click into the properties tab.

I don't know what other information would be useful to include. I'm running Windows XP pro with SP3 and as I say the wireless connection runs just fine (well 99% of the time).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,

I own a Netgear Wireless Router WGR614 v6. My default access is through http://192.168.1.1 . Recently I have been having problems trying to connect through a wireless connection. I can receive a connection directly through the router. I have used this router on multiple computers. I am not sure if it will not connect because of this, but I am in need of some good guidance.

If I am missing information please let me know. I really would like some help on this. Thanks!

A:Solved: Internet Connection But No Wireless Connection

Is this really solved?
If not, ask a mod to move it to the networking section and supply Ipconfig and OS info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-but-no-wireless-connection.888755/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-CS D and recently just shut down my computer to let some Windows updates install After turning my computer w/ connection Solved: No turned wireless wireless on back on my wireless stopped working My wireless switch is turned on and its green its able to turn on Solved: No wireless connection w/ wireless turned on the bluetooth but not the wireless I ve tried diagnosing the problem but my laptop just says that the wireless is not turned on I ve looked around online and it seems like there s a problem with the updates I ve tried the suggestion here http en kioskea net forum affich- -wireless-switch-problem where it says to delete the third party LAN in the registry but I do not see any third party or I just don t know what they look like Another suggestion I found was a system recovery but I m iffy to do a full system recovery does anybody have any detailed instructions to just recover my wireless adaptor driver or any other suggestions Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: No wireless connection w/ wireless turned on

Oh and my operating system is Windows Vista and I know for sure its my laptop problem since my wireless works on every other device in the house.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-wireless-connection-w-wireless-turned-on.852187/
Relevancy 51.6%

I was wondering if it is possible to make a wireless hotspot from a wireless connection? I would like to play my Nintendo DS on WIFI but it only supports a WEP encrypted router. The router that my laptop is recieving the wireless connection from does not support a WEP connection. I was thinking if there was a way to make a hotspot with my laptop so my Nintendo DS can connect to it. I do have the Nintendo USB Connector which is a Soft AP through the USB port. Is it required to have a wired connection to make a hotspot?

Relevancy 49.45%

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sal/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sal/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sal/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sal/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG]hey im having a major issue that i know someone can fix!!

Please help!!

i just need to get into the properties tab that is grayed out. here is a screen shot.
what can i do to get access to this??

A:Cant get into wireless properties tab!! Please help!!

i still cant figure this out. i dont know if its something to do with administrator or what. i am the only person that uses this computer so i really dont know what else to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/10911-cant-get-into-wireless-properties-tab-please-help.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am working on someone's XP Pro SP2 Box, and I cannot change the properties of any network connection. When I right click on the connection and click properties is says "Do not have sufficient privileges, contact your administrator"

I am the Administrator, logged in as the administrator account, and the machine is not on a domain.

Any Ideas what setting could cause this, and where it is?
I wasnt even aware you could lock administrator out...

Thanks -
Mike

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I'm stumped as to why Explorer crashes whenever I try to view properties on any of my network connections. Its quite possible that I've messed something up in one of many tweaks. I just don't know when it happened.

The event viewer shows the following error:

"Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2649, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.2180, fault address 0x00037e9f."

Is it possible to re-install just the networking components for WinXP, or do I have to do a full fresh install?

Inso

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

A:Network Connection Properties not Opening

Originally Posted by rat170

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

Do you have a backup you can restore from? thats a quick easy fix for it.

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/246852-network-connection-properties-not-opening.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello Everyone, its been awhile since i used revo uninstaller to
remove hotspot shield, but i did not realize it is still on the local
area connection properties, how can I get rid of it from there? Thanks

A:HotSpotShield Still In Local Connection Properties?

Right click the TaskBar and start the Task Manager. Go to the Processes tab. If you see any process for Hotspot shield, end the Process.
Use Hunter Mode in Revo to uninstall it.Uses of ? Hunter Mode? in Revo Uninstaller | Techdows
Now download Junkware Removal Tool. Run it, A DOS window appears. Press any key. It will start scanning automatically.
Now download ADWCleaner. Run it, Install it, Scan, leave everything checked. Clean. Both programs will show a text document when they are done showing you what it has removed.
Then download and run Temp File Cleaner Run it, it will shut down all programs and automatically restart.
If you still have problems,. Try this suggestion:
Uninstall Hotspot Shield Completely?.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hotspotshield-still-in-local-connection-properties-927250.html
Relevancy 49.02%

i have two HD's, both with XP installed.
The old drive rarely gets used and does not have the problem.
The new drive is the main boot and its the one with the issue.
I have tried a few things that people posted on the net, but it has not helped. The internet does work though.

It stops responding and really slows down the pc. I tried it in safe mode w/ networking and it still locked up.

A:LAN/Wireless properties not responding

What exactly locks up, the computer or your network connections? Any recent changes to the system like hardware installs or new programs?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lan-wireless-properties-not-responding-586989.html
Relevancy 49.02%

i have two HD's, both with XP installed.
The old drive rarely gets used and does not have the problem.
The new drive is the main boot and its the one with the issue.
I have tried a few things that people posted on the net, but it has not helped. The internet does work though.

It stops responding and really slows down the pc. I tried it in safe mode w/ networking and it still locked up.

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
Please Help me to resolve this "ISSUE"

My wireless network Association, tab has changed completely to
Spanish, however, all other tabs remain in English
(authentication, connection). Also on the list of wireless
networks has information in Spanish (see images for details).
Its strange because I've never used Spanish EVER before in
anyway or form on my computer. I also reinstall wireless network
adapter Driver but problem is still There :-(

Please help me
Thanks in Advance
Regards

A:wireless network Properties

Who will help me to resolve this annoying problem!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-properties.980220/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am having trouble loading a specific part of a site (godaddy's site builder). I get a "connection to server has been reset" page every single time. No problems with other sites yet. I have just installed firefox, have windows 7, and Norton security. I have also tried other browsers, same problem. I have tried a lot of suggestions and nothing has worked so far, obvious stuff like clearing cache, disabling pop-up blocker, ipv6 off. I am not experienced in this situation so I really appreciate your help. Thank you, Adam

A:[SOLVED] "Connection to server has been reset" problem

Look in the Windows Application Event Log to see what's happening. I'm sorry I don't have a Windows 7 machine in front of me, but I'm assuming this feature still exists.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-connection-to-server-has-been-reset-problem-529874.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Every time i try to load an Http page i get quot The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading quot Now i know my router in fine and my adapter is working because i can access Https Secured sites Online Games and Instant Messengers but everything else seems to be a no &quot;The Reset&quot; Error?? Connection Was Page [SOLVED] go now Ie is also the same but i am confused as to what could be causing it I am currently on another computer run off the same router and this is obviously working fine I didnt change any settings simply left my computer on and working and when i returned No http pages would load In the time i left the computer the only thing i can think of that happend were a few power surges but this may well be a concidence i have tried ip resets and loads of other solutions to [SOLVED] &quot;The Connection Was Reset&quot; Page Error?? similar problems i have seen but nothing has worked for me yet Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Dan

A:[SOLVED] &quot;The Connection Was Reset&quot; Page Error??

Ok. First try uninstalling firefox completely which means going into your program files and deleting the mozilla folder etc. After this reinstall.

That or create a new profile in the profile manager and this should clear the problem.

You could also run firefox in safe mode to see if it is an extension you installed that could be the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-and-quot-the-connection-was-reset-and-quot-page-error-207174.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Everyone I m trying to set up a home network between two computers Computer no has direct access to the internet via a modem connected using an ethernet cable computer no is the client computer which i want to connect to computer no so both computers have internet access I ve done this before but I ve encountered a message which is probably what is causing an error to occur when i run the network config wizard When I right click on the local Properties... Area Local Advanced Connection area connection icon and go to properties then go to advanced a message is displayed saying that i need to perform a system restore due to windows not being able to display the properties of the connection It then says that the WMI Windows Management Instrementation information has been altered modified I can t type out the message word-for-word due to it being in portuguese Normally this is where I would check a box to Local Area Connection Advanced Properties... allow other network users to connect through the computer s internet connection Can anyone explain to me why this message is being shown and how I may go about fixing this problem Thanks for your time - Tony nbsp

A:Local Area Connection Advanced Properties...

First off, why not use a broadband router? They're cheap, and they do this job MUCH better than ICS. If you must use ICS, try this repair first.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-advanced-properties.593809/
Relevancy 48.59%

Greetings everyone I have a problume with XP PRo Local Area Connection Properties not responding. When I Right Click on my network Paces go to properties..then right clisk on Local Area Connection go to properties.. I get the window Local Area Connection Properties up but nothing is displayed in the window. After a few it times out with Not responding. Any help.
Thank you

A:XP Local Area Connection Properties Missing

reinstall, have you just installed sp2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-local-area-connection-properties-missing-12354.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hello every one,,,,
I installed windows 10 and this is abest windows,,,
but I when make vpn connection and I want chang ip and dns ,"TCP/IP PROPERTIES ON VPN CONNECTION NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS 10"

this is must work because my vpn put ip and dns
"manual"

regard

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adb3cf2a-366e-44b9-845c-e77944a92b35/properties-button-in-vpn-connection-windows-10-not-working?forum=windowssteadystate
Relevancy 48.59%

I have symptoms that I am having trouble getting rid All of them started Network Properties Connection Nowfind, WebSiteViewer, nights WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties ago and I have been trying to get rid of them since then First of all I have something called WebSiteViewer that keeps coming back even after it appears that it has been removed I have read WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties other logs on this forum about it and I have tried some of the advice but with no avail Second when I open a web browser it is going WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties to www nowfind net Third if I click on my Wireless Network Connection properties the window disappers without opening the properties So for so more detailed information on what I know about what is going on The WebSiteViewer has installed in C Program Files WebSiteViewer There are five files in that directory ban dd dlr exe and ico There is also a shortcut on my desktop and a shortcut on my Start Menu for the exe There is also a misb exe file in my root directory C that I believe is related as it has the same icon There is a process with an image name of dlr running I started out by manually deleting all of this stuff and manually shutting down the process I have also tried Spybot and Adware Both of these programs also found the WebSiteViewer stuff listed above as well as a few registry keys dealing with them They both seemed to remove everything however after a reboot everything comes back So somewhere there is something still living that reinstalls everything once I reboot The www nowfind net problem I initially tried just setting my default URL back to blank as I had it Which it accepts but then the next time I open a browser it is back If I type a URL without the preceding http then it automatically goes to www nowfind net however if I fully qualify the URL with http then it goes where I expect In the registry for HCU and HLM under Microsoft- gt Internet Explorer there are a number of entries that have the www nowfind net URL including Search and SearchURL Then under Main still under Internet Explorer there are Default Page URL Default Search URL Search Bar Search Page and Start Page And then under Search in CustomizeSearch and SearchAssistant I have tried deleting all of these registry entries manually However they come right back even without a reboot I can delete them then just refresh and they are right back So here again something is running that puts them back If I view my available Wireless Network Connections then hit the advanced tab then select my network and hit configure or properties then the window just disappears instead of opening the properties The last thing that I should mention is that I have also run CWShredder and TrendMicros virus scan the web version that is available from a link that I found somewhere in thisforum I am running XP and I also am running an outdated version of McAfee that came free on my computer Now I have never run HijackThis before I simply downloaded it and ran it I ran it while all of symptoms above were present as I stated AdWare and Spybot will remove the WebSiteViewer comes back after a reboot and the www nowfind net comes back right away I also read somewhere on the forum to use the KRC HijackThisAnalyzer so here is the result txt from it Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Security Programs Detected c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - Service McAfee com McShield McShield - Unknown owner - c... Read more

A:WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem a.s.a.p

Please be patient with me during this time.

...A Reflection On Spyware...

Mr. Incredible: No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

...greyknight17 DOT com...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/websiteviewer-nowfind-network-connection-properties-42318.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Local area connection Properties are completely blank. No TCPIP, no Microsoft client, nothing. Can't add anything because it returns an error:
"Could not add the requested componet. The error is: The system connot find the file specified."

Cannot uninstall NIC. Returns error unable to uninstall
Cannot install a second NIC
Cannot install undated drivers
Cannot install any new windows networking services

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-properties-blank.900883/
Relevancy 48.59%

This is a good one!
Local area connection Properties are completely blank. No TCPIP, no Microsoft client, nothing. Can't add anything because it returns an error:
"Could not add the requested componet. The error is: The system connot find the file specified."

Cannot uninstall NIC. Returns error unable to uninstall
Cannot install a second NIC
Cannot install undated drivers
Cannot install any new windows networking services

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-properties-blank.541764/
Relevancy 48.59%

I log onto my computer and disruption 1394 internet properties connection and shortly after this I could not access the internet through internet explorer The internet explorer pages would say I was disconnected but I have broadband and am always connected I had a similar problem with this previously internet disruption and 1394 connection properties when I would use yahoo messenger I would be disconnected from the internet and yahoo at the same time but I could shut down my internet connection for a few seconds and then it would let me back on prior to figuring that simpler solution I had to uninstall yahoo messenger and reload it to access yahoo again and had to reboot my computer to gain internet access again At present it would not allow me to use internet explorer shortly after I logged onto my computer so internet disruption and 1394 connection properties just fishing around my computer I found the connection properties page it internet disruption and 1394 connection properties was connected and firewalled along with my local connection why I need two connections I don t know thats just the way I found it anyway when I went under the advanced tap I noticed that the quot Allow other network users to control or disable the shared internet connection quot was checked and I couldn t uncheck it until I st checked it had been unchecked when I found it the above box that reads quot Allow other network users to connect through this computers internet connection quot I m not on a network this is just my home computer now since I have disabled the connection and the box that I started earlier that was checked I haven t had any trouble with getting on the net anymore Oh also when my computer boots up after I enter my password it takes me to an all black screen with a cursor that flashes for awhile them windows will start up and it says my antivirus is disabled for awhile at start up then it shows it on after awhile I should say that I have had a hacker in the past I suspected I did and after trying to get him out for along time and doing I think its called low level formates or something with the helps of some techs to erase my hard drive and start over clean after I tried to do this my home page on internet explorer would have the same address as it always would and others could use the address and get the correct page if I copied and pasted it to them but all mine homepage would be was a blank white screen that said quot Are you trying to test me quot I have not gotten any messages since although there was another time not too long ago it my homepage turned all white again with no message and for awhile I would be booted whenever I talked to a guy on yahoo and I don t have to be in chat for that to happen although that hasn t happened for awhile now I am booted off yahoo several times a day just when its on and not in chat I guess I m asking should I be concerned that someone is messing around with my computer again he never hurt it when he was in there before but the fact that it seems personal at times concerns me somewhat if it was some random act of hacking or something like that I think I would be less concerned oh I guess I should also say that I have two poetry pages one is public and the other one is not and a friend at work was accessing one of them and the computer system at work went crazy saying there was a hlmt exploit virus on both sites and I guess this is put there by someone who has access to the sites and allows a back door to their computers if they access the page that was about a year ago and when I looked up the alert is says it was used rarely but could be very harmful cuz it allowed access and then I sent off the info to microsoft so they would know Am I just being paranoid or do I have reason to be nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disruption-and-1394-connection-properties.558245/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi

How do I disable local area Connection properties for a standard use and for an administrator on a pc, users on my network keep changing the network adapter settings to allow them to have access to the internet. The users are a little tech savvy so by setting the adapter settings and just leaving out the default gateway and dns server address has not helped. I need to go deeper into windows network configuration to find a way to block them or find another way to prevent internet access. None of the users have email so they do not need access to mail either.

Thank you

A:How do I disable local area Connection properties

Tried Group Policy yet?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371260-how-do-i-disable-local-area-connection-properties.html
Relevancy 48.59%

When I view the properties for any of my connections I just get this If I go to quot Install - gt Protocol quot I get the message quot Could not add the requested component The error is The system cannot find the file specified quot When I tried installing Simple TCP IP Services in quot Add Remove Windows Components - gt Networking quot I got Dialog Properties items Connection in Missing the error quot Could not install the Simple TCP IP Services component because a file or registry entry is missing quot I ve tried updating my network adapter drivers resetting TCP IP using Winsock Fix and running SFC but have had no luck Also I m not sure if this is relevant but if I right click the Internet Connection icon and click Settings I get quot The Internet Connection Sharing computer is not configured to let network users control or disable the shared internet connection Missing items in Connection Properties Dialog quot Can anyone explain what might be causing this behaviour It doesn t seem to be causing any connection problems but I would like to be able to access TCP IP Properties to sort out a static ip I am using XP Home Edition SP nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

This is a fairly new install of Windows 8 pro (within the last month), and while trying to set up a static ip up today I found that I was unable to access the network properties or disable the connection in the Network Connections. I am pretty stumped as I am the only user of this computer and from what I can tell have the correct permissions to do so. When trying to check the properties it tells me "an unexpected error has occurred" with no further information.

Has anyone had this problem and found a fix?

A:Unable to access properties of my network connection.

It sounds like you aren't using an Admin account on this machine.

Under Computer Management, Local Users and Groups>Users, you should see your name there, under the Member Of' Tab, you should be listed at a member of the Administrators and Home Users. You can add the credentials if you aren't.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21814-unable-access-properties-my-network-connection.html
Relevancy 48.59%

We use a lot of VPN PPTP Connections. On most we turn off "Use default gateway on remote network". See the image below that shows where this setting is turned off.

We cannot open the properties for Internet Protocol Version 4 on VPN connections under Windows 10. This is located at Network Connections and Properties of a VPN Connection. Networking Tab, then select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click Properties. But under Win 10 the properties dialog does not open.

This has been tested on several Windows 10 systems and we have enabled Administrator and tested under that login as well.

A:VPN Connection - Cannot open Networking Properties IPv4

I'm having the same issue, have you found a solution yet?

Edit: Found a post that explains how to set the 'use default gateway' setting. SOLUTION | Windows 10 VPN Network Settings Bug

Still can't open the properties, but by using this Powershell command you can set the default gateway setting:

Code:
Set-VpnConnection -Name "VPN-NETWORK-NAME-HERE" -SplitTunneling $True

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/11534-vpn-connection-cannot-open-networking-properties-ipv4.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have up until a few days ago been able to modify and save my network properties ok I connected a new DisplayLink USB docking station that lead to an update of some sort I believed this to be 8 Not Properties Saving Network Connection Windows to do with associated drivers I Windows 8 Network Connection Properties Not Saving let this go ahead and it may well have nothing to do with the problems I have been having First of all I couldn't even see the IP parameters and kept getting an error as follows quot In Order to Configure TCP IP You Must Install and Enable a Network Adapter Card quot The wired and wireless was working in environments where I could use DHCP so I was confident the hardware was ok Uninstalling the drivers and then updating them has got me passed this problem so I can see and edit the IP parameters However now they are never saved I edit them close the window re-edit them and they are back to automatic settings I need to use static settings in the office So far as I can see there are possibilities I don't have permissions to save these settings wherever they are stored But I have administrator permissions Where are the settings stored I have saved them before How can I get access to be able to save them again Something else is overwriting the settings How do I find out what and stop it Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated Or a way to diagnose solve my problem Thanks in advance Steve

A:Windows 8 Network Connection Properties Not Saving

Have you tried running a system file corruption scan/repair using the sfc /scannow command?

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32329-windows-8-network-connection-properties-not-saving.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I somehow ended up with the Windows Restore trojan virus http www spywarehelpcenter com windows-restore-virus-remove-this-now I managed to get my computer cleaned up but there s an issue out there that has to have been caused by the virus My laptop can barely pick up the signal from my router About the only way to connect to the Internet is to be right by the router or to connect an Ethernet cord to it The Internet works fine in those instances But even being in my bedroom right outside the study where the router is the laptop won t pick up the signal at connection Wireless Solved: all That s never been a problem Solved: Wireless connection until I picked up Solved: Wireless connection the virus and it shouldn t be now either from what my other devices are doing My older and less expensive laptop works fine in connecting to the signal So does my tablet and phone It had to have been something the virus installed or changed Is it possible it damaged the network card I tried updating the driver but it didn t solve the issue I m running Windows with a Dell Latitude My wireless card says it s a DW Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Any help or suggestions would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6200 @ 2.13GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3892 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1722 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 51200 MB, Free - 20482 MB; D: Total - 251992 MB, Free - 124098 MB;
Motherboard: FUJITSU, FJNBB06
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled
My laptop has suddenly stopped working with the wireless connection. It tells me that it can't connect to my hub, which is the British Telecom router.It tries to connect with the free "openzone" connection, but can't. I was asked to restore, and did so, to no avail. I have connected to the hub with an ethernet cable to contact you. Any thoughts?

Relevancy 48.59%

Laptop which I use wireless at home lost it's connection recently. I reconnected by typing in the encryption key. I have a strong signal. However it says it's acquiring the IP address and is hung up at that point. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guys Solved: Connection Wireless Gone I have a Dell Inspiron It is running Windows XP and has Celeron M processor I have the laptop wirelessly connected through a DSL modem and a wireless-G Linksys router WRT G version I turned it on today and it started up normally except it did not automatically link to the internet When I manually went in to connect it had no wireless connections listed Solved: Wireless Connection Gone at all It was as if I had no wireless anything installed at all This problem has occurred before and I have easily fixed it by doing a system restore So I did that I performed a system restore and set it back for last Friday th When I restarted my computer it said quot System Restore failed no changes were made quot I did this three times going back two months ago to do a system restore but got the same error message each time HELP Do I have a virus Or has something wiped my wireless What exactly should I do Also I did an ipconfig all and it seemed normal Thanks for your help nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

My wireless connecttion ceased to work after Microsoft SP Update was installed The update was unintalled to see if that would fix connection Solved: Wireless the problem but it didn t Next network connections was looked at and no other networks were found and there should have been at least present then device manager was opened to look to see if any of the devices were flagged in which the Intel Wireless WiFI Link AGN and ISATAP was flagged The driver for the wifi link did not complete the update process because it said that the lasted driver had been installed I rolled back the driver update to see if it was a faulty driver but no such luck still having the same drama The ISP tech suppport was called and the gammut of check list and diagnostic was completed but the problem stil existed next i called Gateway tech support gave the the same spill you just read and they told me Solved: Wireless connection to follow their check list http support microsoft com default aspx kb which is basicly everything I did previously The tech also stated that if the check list did not work then you would have to do a compete system restore if the roll back to the restore point was not successfull and the restore point failed to sove the issue IS there a way to fix the wireless connection without being stuck hard wired doing a complete system restore and or paying the quot GEEK SQUAD quot - to just look at the issue and the acrude cost assoicateed with the repair nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

An Asus Eee PC 4G running Win XP with a bad keyboard was given to me. It runs fine and could see my wireless connection but I couldn't get on because of the bad keys. Ordered and installed a new replacement keyboard and everything is running fine but now it doesn't see my wireless or any neighboring connections. Please help...Jay

A:[SOLVED] Eee PC 4G wireless connection

Does it use a switch to turn the wireless on or a keyboard combination?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-eee-pc-4g-wireless-connection-673651.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I have a wireless broadband connetcion that I have ocnnected to on my laptop running XP. i also have a desktop computer (Acer Aspire) also running XP, but I cannot see the connectin. I tried creating a connection but that doesn't seem to work. Not sure what to do?

Lynne

Relevancy 48.59%

my Acer laptop lost connection to my wireless router - had wireless component replaced but still won't connect. Will connect to other wireless sites. No problem with other 2 laptops connecting to my wireless

A:[SOLVED] wireless connection

i have moved to networking forum

make sure the wireless is switched on
there maybe a physical switch when toggles the wireless on/off
or
a combination of the FN key + one of the F keys
can you post an ipconfig /all and an xirrus screen shot please
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

Wi-Fi Inspector | Xirrus
Direct link to the program is here Wi-Fi Inspector Confirmation

{If the above link does not work heres another link Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector | PCWorld}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus...-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a ne... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-wireless-connection-673059.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Comp1 has windows xp pro sp2 with a belkin wireless-g router. It has WPAPSK authentication and TKIP encryption.
Comp2 has windows xp home without sp2 and a belkin wireless network card.
Comp2 is not picking up any type of wirless connection. It gave me a microsoft error message (article 871122). It wouldnt even let me setup a wireless connection. I did what the article said and still dont work. I ran netstumbler and it noticed my card but said there were No APs active.
My cell phone is not even picking up a wireless connection. And yes I have a WiFi card installed in my cell phone.
The router shows that it is connected and working fine. My internet connection is running perfectly through it as well.
Any ideas? Thanks.
Oh yeah this is my first time setting up a wireless connection.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi All. Everyone had a good Christmas?

I got a Wii from Father Christmas, and would like to connect it to teh net.
I have a Linksys Wireless-G ADSL Home Gateway WAG354G V.2 router.

I've got the Wii to find the connection and I've entered the WEP key, but gives a 52130 fault code. When I try to enter the IPs and DNSs manually it gives a 52030 fault code.

I am not sure if I am entering the right numbers. Where can I find the right numbers to put in the Wii to get it connected.

Thanx in advance.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi TSG

Over the next few days I am going to be adding a wireless router so I can use laptop on the Internet, I am a little worried about security, how do I stop anyone else tapping in and using my broadband connection.

Can anyone point me in the right way

Relevancy 48.59%

I have been using the Hotspot through my Sprint Samsung Intercept to access the internet on my desktop computer Well I just went through and deleted some programs from my computer and apparently I deleted a needed component to run the hotspot When I connect the Solved: with getting help I connection. my need wireless hotspot on my phone my computer continues to say there are no connections available and does not quot find quot my phones hotspot I did this once before but I m not sure how I fixed it Also I tried to connect my phone to the computer via USB but the drivers don t instal Which I ve had this problem when my Solved: I need help with getting my wireless connection. boyfriend tried rooting my phone I m not even sure I need the drivers installed to use the mobile hotspot So Solved: I need help with getting my wireless connection. I have no internet access via my computer so I m writing this from my phone and if I need to download anything it will have to be done via the phone Also when I try to quot discover quot my phone by using the computer it doesn t locate my phone Anyway I need some help with this I m fairly savvy when it comes to these sorts of things but by no means am I an expert so if you give instructions and or directions please be kind with your tech jargon nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I had a laptop connected to a wireless internet connection and it worked for about 5 hours, after that it says its still connected and it can still find the signal but the internet just doesn't work on it (Pages wont load up). So i thought it was the laptop. Then i connected my desktop on my wireless connection and it worked again for a long time. Woke up the next morning and its the same as the laptop, it can find the signal but pages don't load up. Any help? it does this with all computers that hook up with it, works for a long period of time than quits, so I'm guessing its the computers and not the connection. I'm on Windows 7 too.

Relevancy 48.59%

Recently upgrade to a wireless connection from dialup. Windows Media Player does not recognize the wireless connection in regards to album information.
Windows XP, WMP 11.

Relevancy 48.59%

hi, my wireless internet connection is not working.I am able to access the internet but I have to connect to the hotshot modem via a data cable. I think I may have accidentally deleted a wifi driver or adapter. How do I correct this? I am using a dell mini inspiron laptop and my operating system is windows xp. Please help

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a packard bell easynote ts 11 hr-04 running on windows 7. Yesterday I installed windows seven service pack 1. After doing so I have been unable to connect to the Internet wirelessly. There is no wireless icon in the bottom right corner and when I try to connect it says you can only do so with an Ethernet cable

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a PC which I want to install wireless connection. I already have a wireless router which work with my other PC. Can I just install a wireless card and that will connect automatically? I know I will need to go to the Control Panel\Network but are there other things I need to make it work? My OS is WinXP 32 Bit.

A:Solved: Wireless Connection

The wireless card or wireless USB adapter will come with software to run your device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection.1105090/
Relevancy 48.59%

The wireless icon in the system tray says I'm connected but I'm not.

I cannot connect to either the LAN or the Internet.

The other wireless computer on the network is not affected, so it isn't the router/modem.

I cannot reinstall the driver as I don't have a setup disc for this card and it seems quite impossible to find (or at least download) the appropriate driver from the Internet.

[Windows XP Home SP-3. Ralink Turbo Wireless LAN Card]

A:[SOLVED] Wireless Connection Isn't

Unplug the power plug to the Modem and the Router. Plug the power into just the Modem (unless you have a modem/router combo) When all the lights come up, plug in the power to the Router (unless combo of course)
Now Go to Start/Run and type inetcpl.cpl and press enter/Connections/LAN Settings. Make sure all the boxes are unchecked. Now go to Start/Run and type ncpa.cpl and press enter. Right click the Local Area connection/Properties scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP-IP)/Properties. Make sure Obtain an IP Address and DNS Server Address Automatically are both checked. Now go to Start/Run and type CMD and press enter. IN the Command Prompt type ipconfig /release and press enter. the IP Address changes to 0.0.0.0 Now type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. Now type ipconfig /renew. Now type ipconfig /all. You should have a new IP address try it again. If you still cannot connect please include the text output of your ipconfig /all in your next post.
You can also update your wireless adapters driver here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-wireless-connection-isnt-627961.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I`ve just bought a new wireless laptop for a trip for work . Wireless internet is provided there and i want to set up the laptop now to ensure all works . I dont have a wireless router at home but the tech guy at Future Shop said if i went outside the store i could immediately connect to theirs except it is a secure connection . Pointed me to local hotels that offer wireless and said to check it there . Now , where do i start ? ..thanks for any suggestions .

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi ,
I have a Sony vaio and it is windows 7 pro.
Today I show no wireless connections available at all. But all my other devices have wifi from the same source.
Somebody said my radio was shut off. I have done nothing to shut anything off so not sure what to do.
Can u please assist?.

Thank you

Bucketbrigade

Relevancy 48.59%

hi
i have a dell inspiron 1720 laptop
i installed norton 360 v3.0
and now i have no wireless connection
please can you help

Relevancy 48.59%

Here I go again Replaced a SBC ATT etc Wire with a newer Wire the old one fried I hooked up my laptop and configured the Wire signed on with my account not the customer via ethernet Everything including wireless config looked OK I was able to receive an IP address and access the internet Checked the Wire and everything was set to default values While able to access the internet via a wired connection my laptop customer s laptop and desktop all failed in connecting in wireless mode I could not obtain an IP address at all from Wireless Connection Solved: the Wire all I would receive is a address after this failed This is a HG-B Wire access point I tried hard coding IP addresses gateway DNS DHCP from gateway and from ISP All three wireless configurations could see and access the Wire but would not receive an IP address One system using XP wireless Solved: Wireless Connection software one system using Linksys one using Belkin All responded the same way all had the correct WEP encryption code Before I send this unit back to ATT and wait another week or two are there any thing specific to this router that is different than other Wire systems nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless Connection

Don't know the first thing about that router.

But the first rule for connecting wirelessly is to get it working w/o encryption before securing it.

And I hope you're not messing around with any of that junk like MAC address filtering.

If you have to use WEP instead of WPA make sure you are using Hex keys, not a passcode that gets translated differently by different manufacturers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection.535588/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a home wired intranet (2 computers) which connects me to the internet via a INFINITY router/modem. I also have a computer in a separate room (running XL) and I want to connect to the internet via a Linksys (by Cisco) wireless-N home router. I also have the Linksys compact wireless-G USB adapter.
Please tell me where the software for EACH is to be loaded (on the XP computer ?) and if there is a need to load the software for one before the other. Or is there another choice without buying a new device?
I have all the documentation and software disks for each of these items
Many thanks.

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a dell laptop that has a wireless connection. ( It is a WLan a + b combo mini -PCI)

This connection finds my wireless router at school ( I am a teacher). When I first started my computer at school, it found a wireless connection and I typed in the wireless key and got on the internet.

I also have a wireless connection at home and when I took this laptop home, it says it finds my wireless connection but it will not let me enter my wireless key.

It tries to connect but cannot because of the key but it will not bring up the screen to enter the key anywhere.

How can I get this laptop to connect to the Internet at home?

Thank you

Relevancy 48.59%

Please Help
I am having a problem making a wireless connection, Windows cannot configure this wireless connection My WZC is started and in automatic,
I have tried to repair the connection by disabling it and that does not work.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hey,
I just switched my modems, because it seems it died, from a motorola sb4200 to a sb5101 and when i did my internet worked fine for my desktop but now my laptop loses connection every now and then. Basically it'll work till I close the laptop and when i open it back up to use it it wont connect to my internet which is down the hall. Then i have to run the windows repair and that'll fix it temporarily till the next time i close and open it. This problem never happened until i switched modems so Im sure it has something to do with that. I just dont really know what to do other than the unplugging of the power of the router, modem, and pc with the reboot, which didnt work.

A:Solved: On and Off wireless connection

I fixed it, found a reset button for my router and that did that trick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-and-off-wireless-connection.559313/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi,
I got new Sony vaio vpcf13 with a switch for both bluetooth and wireless
when I switched it on for the first time , it showed me a small window to choose which one to activate
back then I wanted to use bluetooth so I put it "on" and the wireless stayed "off"
since that , the switch automatically turns bluetooth on without the small window and I can't find where to set the wireless "on"

any idea how to get that options window again ? or how to access the wireless ?
thanks alot

A:Solved: wireless connection

have a look at msconfig and see whats in the startup tab

start>
RUN or Search
msconfig
startup tab

see if you have lanutil.exe running and if any sony manufacturer items are not ticked -post here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection.1022691/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I m having problem connecting to the Internet using my Netgear DG G router I am using AOL broadband and I have XP machines wireless Help Solved: connection! with one connected to the router via ethernet cable and one via a Belkin wireless adapter The internet connection on works fine but it keeps giving me the no or limited connectivity signal on So I went to check Solved: Help with wireless connection! the ipconfig for both machines and the results are as below IP configuration for ethernet Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings mochiko gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name M Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - C- - -C - B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers and the ip config for is as follows Windows IP Configuration Host Name M Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Belkin g Wireless USB Network Adapter Physical Address - -F - D- -A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway none Here is a screenshot of a part of my router settings nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I am having a probvlem with one particularly troublesome computer running win XP The machine is a P It has a Belkin wireless network card inserted I have downloaded and upgraded the drivers for this card and it appears to be working correctly in so far as it identifies the various networks around it I have enabled WZC The problem is that when using a Wireless Not) key Connection(or wep Solved: I click on our network to connect it attempts to do so but does not ask for the WEP key If I click on any of the other networks it can also see it does ask for the WEP key Ironically Solved: Wireless Connection(or Not) using a wep key two identical machines at the side of Solved: Wireless Connection(or Not) using a wep key it abeit with different wireless adaptors have connected Solved: Wireless Connection(or Not) using a wep key straight forwardly and are working fine I disconnected the internal Belkin wireless card and attached a Belkin USB Wireless adaptor with appropriate drivers same thing happened Is this a Belkin thing I have gone into the windows software to try and enter the wep key manually but it will not accept it - it is asking for a hex sequence and I cannot find a way of reverting it to a passphrase I understand from reading other threads that hex is more secure and that different cards may read passphrase keys differnetly but my other machines are not having this problem Any one have any suggestions Thanks in anticipation nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Dell xpsM140 with xp home.

I switched on the laptop today and there is no wireless connection. When I try to refresh the available network list I get the message that "windows cannot configure this wireless connection".

When I try to repair the connection I get the message that connecing to the wireless connection could not be completed.

That's as far as my "expertise" stretches I'm afraid and any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

A:Solved: No wireless connection

Do you get "windows cannot configure this wireless connection" because another utility is managing the connection, some other reason, or is there no additional information given?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-wireless-connection.807248/