Windows Support Forum

How to reconnect to wifi network automatically?

Q: How to reconnect to wifi network automatically?

I was found only one automated solution [advertizing removed by mod]. May be some one knew a free solution? Because $30 is a cool price for me.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to reconnect to wifi network automatically?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to reconnect to wifi network automatically?

It is a lot of articles about how to automatically connect to ad hoc networks at Windows 7/Vista (since Windows Vista you can't do this), it uses a windows profiler to perform this operation, but I'm afraid this solution is not suitable for you, cause actually you will have to run the task every fixed period of time.

p.s. at the link you provided price is $15.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reconnect-to-wifi-network-automatically.999464/
Relevancy 86.86%

Can I somehow automatically reconnect if my wireless network drops? Now I must choose Repair connection to reconnect. Can it be done automatically?

Relevancy 81.27%

Hi For the past week reconnect network to home automatically Cannot or so I have been experiencing a problem with the connection to my home network I connect wirelessly - it has worked without fault since Cannot reconnect automatically to home network I set it up in January Cannot reconnect automatically to home network no problem with signal Cannot reconnect automatically to home network strength but now frequently loses the connection I have checked the configuration for the connection and it is set to autoconnect It will autoconnect after boot up and after wake up but not after it has lost the connection When I re-connect manually it connects straight away and is then fine until it drops the connection again Is there likely to be something in one of the system logs that will tell me what is happening The router is a BT Hub- and my network adaptor is a TP-Link TP WN ND Mbps Wireless N adaptor My PC is a Dell Inspiron OS is Win Ultimate -bit and browser is FireFox I have just downloaded and re-installed the adaptor driver as well TIA

A:Cannot reconnect automatically to home network

You can try: Check power saving feature of adapter in Device Management and disable it.
Reset the router. Unplug power, wait 10 seconds, re-plug.
Factory Reset the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/373019-cannot-reconnect-automatically-home-network.html
Relevancy 80.41%

My company has 3 network drives. When I browse to a folder that has shortcuts to network drives, Windows XP automatically creates the mapping. This is unwanted behavior because whenever I go back to that folder, it recreates the drive mappings all over again and I wind up using all the drive letters Windows assigns and 15 mapped drives all mapped to the same place.

My guess to why it does this is might be a group policy (we have AD and use Group Policy) setting somewhere on our 2008 R2 server. If it is a GP setting, I don't know what it would be. I inherited this network about a month ago, so I'm still figuring out what they have done.

A:Solved: Network Drives Reconnect Automatically

It's not pretty, but I think I got it fixed.
I just changed where the shortcuts were pointing and that fixed it. Don't know why I didn't think of that before...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-drives-reconnect-automatically.932214/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi, I'm using an old Dell dim 4400 I had it set up with wireless internet I unplugged it the usb adapter for a few hours and plugged it back it in to connect now I cannot get it to connect again. All the other pc's are connected to the same wi-fi net. Any suggestions? By the way it's an old XP dell dim4400 pc if that matters. Not sure what info you'll need to assist so please ask

A:Can not reconnect to my wifi network...

what version of windows are you running? sounds like maybe a driver issue..? click start-->right click "My Computer"-->cilck properties-->hardware tab up top then device manager see under the "Network Adapters" (click the plus sign beside it to open it up (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE USB ADAPTER PLUGGED IN BEFORE YOU DO THIS) also download our system scan utility save it then run it and copy-paste the results here. click here to DL it http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-reconnect-to-my-wifi-network.1096141/
Relevancy 76.11%

I prefer to keep my home WiFi network from public view by disabling the SSID broadcast i e quot hiding quot the network With two modem routers a Belkin Play Max F D ADSL modem router and now a Cisco EPC DOCSIS modem router on two computers home-built desktop and Acer TM with SSID network auto-reconnect Cannot to hidden WiFi T notebook after the initial connection Win Pro would not reconnect without tediously re-entering the SSID name and password Once it does connect it displays the original SSID name with a new one with an incrementally increasing appended number like I was manually deleting them all except the original using netsh until I realized you can lt right-click gt on an entry in the screen above Cannot auto-reconnect to WiFi network with hidden SSID and choose quot Forget this network quot This is the process I go through each time to re-connect Is there something I'm missing I read that if Win saves too many WiFi connections it cannot quot remember quot them to automatically reconnect to them so on the notebook I deleted all but wpcTrue the original and it now automatically reconnects although occasionally it will add a new connection with an incrementally increased number -- currently the notebook shows both wpcTrue and wpcTrue I had used the notebook on the road so had about five WiFi connections saved On the Desktop my home network is the only WiFi connection I've ever made However no matter what I do on the desktop it NEVER remembers to automatically log on when the SSID is not broadcast I even tried manually setting up a connection via Network and Sharing Center gt Set up a new connection or network to no avail -- the desktop computer will not automatically reconnect I doubt that this is relevant but the Belkin modem router the Belkin USB adapter I use on my desktop computer and the notebook's Broadcom internal modem are all b g n The Cisco modem router is b g If I quot unhide quot the SSID i e broadcast the SSID all is well in the world Both computers automatically reconnect to the modem router If I hide the SSID and then disconnect or reboot the desktop computer will not automatically reconnect Any ideas PS I just noticed that the pop up WiFi connection column shows quot WiFi- Off quot -- what does the quot Off quot mean And why is it quot - quot My notebook just shows quot WiFi' period The first image with quot WiFi Off quot was from a previous Win installation on the desktop computer I decided to change from EFI-boot to non-EFI so reinstalled Win I simply used the old image as a quick way to show how the connection name assignment runs away

A:Cannot auto-reconnect to WiFi network with hidden SSID

Same problem here.

Microsoft's support says this is not a technical issue and refuses to assist.

No comment...

By not best workaround is to delete all profile, do a 1st connection to hidden network then disable automatic connection to the network; hidden network will be listed and it will be possible to manually click on connect button.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/15047-cannot-auto-reconnect-wifi-network-hidden-ssid.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi My neighbour s laptop Acer Aspire running Windows disconnected itself from the WiFi network and would not reconnect The falling off happened mid use The laptop connects fine to another wifi router at another house Also my laptop connects to his router OK via wifi The router has been turned off and on with no difference I connected the Acer to the router with a cable network connection OK with cable and did an ipconfig all but now I am stuck as I don t really know what I am looking for Any advice would be greatly appreciated The router is a netgear DGN v The laptop can see the router it just won t authenticate with it Also I can run Wifi Will off Fell Reconnect. Solved: Network Aspire Not And Acer Xirrus Wifi Inspector if required Thanks for any help Pete C Users Micks gt Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Micks gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Micks-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Solved: Acer Aspire Fell off Wifi Network And Will Not Reconnect. Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Solved: Acer Aspire Fell off Wifi Network And Will Not Reconnect. Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address FA- B-CB- -DF- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address F - B-CB- -DF- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - A-B -EA-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fa a c cd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December Lease Expires December Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -CA-FD- - A-B -EA-B - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap DF AB-C - - D - A D F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d c f ffed Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c f ffed Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap B C D E - F - - B- B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Micks gt nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello! I'm having a problem with my wifi. I have an asus laptop my OS is windows 8 pro. So im connecting to the internet fine just for like 4 or 5 hours maybe the whole day sometimes. Then my wifi just disconnects and the networks dissappear one by one and then there is no network. Tried turning off and on the wifi. No change, only solution is to restart my pc and hope it wont happen again. I tried troubleshooting. It fixed the problem 2 times and connected back. And it won't fix anymote. It said it had some probelm with access point. Pls help me! The problem keeps repeating. Fine for hours then keeps disconnecting

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,
This is not a complaint, my wifi is working fine, my question is HOW
I work for a small company in Jordan, a while back I moved to another country, bought a new laptop from there, and I kept in contact with my company as I provided some long distance consultancy. I had teamviewer installed on the office PCs and on
the new laptop and I connected with them a few times.

Now that I have returned to Jordan, I resumed my job at the same company, and when I first walked in, with my new laptop which I got from a different country, it connected automatically with the office's wifi network. and I want to understand how?

did my pc take the wifi credentials when I connected with them through teamviewer? was the wifi password saved to my onedrive in some way? is this the wi-fi sense thing?

many thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/584e44e5-e302-4a9a-9789-c3af9cffb7e7/my-pc-connected-automatically-to-a-new-passwordprotected-wifi-network?forum=netmon
Relevancy 65.36%

About or days ago I bought a D-Link Wireless AC Dual Band USB Adapter so I could connect my desktop computer to my network I immediately ran the installation disk that came in the same box and plugged it into one of my USB ports I connected to my network with no issues at all The following day after turning on and off my computer I opened my internet browser and it didn t work Nor did skype spotify or steam I did the windows troubleshooter and it mentioned that connection between me and my router was broken So I pull out the power cables out of router and reset it This temporarily solves my problem until I shut down my computer again When I start it up I have to reset my router again for my internet to work My modem model is T H and is from telus What can I do to fix my problem Here is my SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel network stick connecting not to automatically D-Link wifi R D-Link wifi stick not automatically connecting to network Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC P H -M Antivirus IObit Malware Fighter Disabled I have Avast installed and running I don t know what IObit Malware Fighter is nbsp

A:D-Link wifi stick not automatically connecting to network

I'm guessing the D-Link device came with a wireless connection manager software? It's possible that it's not set to automatically connect which you should be able to change. If at all possible there should be an option to allow windows to control the wireless stick, that way you can make sure it's set to automatically connect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-wifi-stick-not-automatically-connecting-to-network.1170859/
Relevancy 63.64%

i have beetel router (beetel 110 BX1).
when i use the internet for a long time it gets disconnected. the disconnection happens when computer is idle or am not browsing.
I'm able to ping the router when there is not internet access. i can see the LEDs which corresponds to data transfer blinking..

i googled n searched but i did not get a solution

A:BroadBand disconnect and don't reconnect automatically

Quote: Originally Posted by manukov

i have beetel router (beetel 110 BX1).
when i use the internet for a long time it gets disconnected. the disconnection happens when computer is idle or am not browsing.
I'm able to ping the router when there is not internet access. i can see the LEDs which corresponds to data transfer blinking..

i googled n searched but i did not get a solution

M

Try disabling IPv6 support in network and sharing. its often the cause of random disconnects

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/23023-broadband-disconnect-dont-reconnect-automatically.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I used to have ATT DSL reconnect Wireless does automatically not mode out Sleep of but we recently switched to U-Verse I have a Trendnet TEW- BRP g wireless router than was handling the PPPoE function It was set to work flawlessly with my wireless cards No dropped connections speed Wireless does not automatically reconnect out of Sleep mode or security issues It always connected quickly from wake up and on start up Now we have a Wire i HG wireless router gateway and it s been difficult to properly set my network up as before I use the Trendnet behind the Wire as my wireless router Took me a while to figure out what to do but DHCP is disabled on Trendnet so Wire does what it needs to This option works fine Wireless does not automatically reconnect out of Sleep mode for me The only problem is that at first my wireless card would not automatically connect to the network through the Trendnet when it is in range like I had it set to do previously When I would force it to after times it would magically connect on it s own I made some changes in the Trendnet Mainly disabling dynamic DNS and NAT and that seems to have made a difference To be honest I don t know if that is significant or not or if it actually made a longterm difference but it seems like it has So my problem is now that when I put my laptop to sleep and have it wake up it does not automatically reconnect It takes about minutes then it does on its own I read the event viewer and this is the info it gave me - Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network from the DHCP Server for the Network Card with network address x DE D The following error occurred x Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address DHCP server Level - Warning OpCode - IpLeaseRenewalFailed Source - Dhcp-Client Then after minutes - Your computer was not assigned an address from the network by the DHCP Server for the Network Card with network address x DE D The following error occurred x Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address DHCP server Level - Error OpCode - IpAddressNotAssigned Source - Dhcp-Client After this it connects by itself I don t believe I have configured the Wire or Trendnet properly so I need some guidance and suggestions on this matter I am a novice when it comes to this level of networking so any help is greatly appreciated Here is some additional information that may help - Laptop - Intel Core Duo ghz gb Ram Win Professional with SP Intel PRO Wireless ABG Wire - Trendnet - - I did not change the IP of the Trendnet and I am not sure if I have to From the wire - Private Network Router Gateway Address Subnet Mask Private Network DHCP Info Range Allocated Remaining Timeout minutes but under DHCP Configuration says the range for DHCP Network is Is the Private Network the range of IP Addresses allotted to the clients on my network Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Sabrina gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sabrina-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -A -D - - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - -DE- - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ade c ac d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday June PM Lease Expires Wednesday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - B- - -A -D - - -D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Inter... Read more

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I have a small at login drives mapped automatically : reconnect Problem issue more of an annoyance getting my mapped drives to be automatically connected during login I have NAS folders that I have mapped as drives P Q R and S When I first set them up I specifically set Problem : automatically reconnect mapped drives at login it up such that they will be connected during login It seems to be doing this but there seems to be an issue with the credentials Below is an image of what I see when I open up Explorer immediately after login -the mapped drives are shown as not connected When I select one of them I am prompted to provide my user name and password these are the NAS user names and passwords I setup and not the Windows login user name and password If I supply the requested information then the drives are connected However despite me putting tick in the quot Remember my credentials quot it doesn't seem to do this - every time I reboot or restart I have to manually connect at least one drive to see it plus the remaining drives My NAS is a Thecus N What have I missed How do I get quot Remember my credentials quot to actually remember Thanks Golden

A:Problem : automatically reconnect mapped drives at login

I have had many issues like this with NAS devices. Here are a few options:

1) Write a Command Script to remap them, add to desktop or in startup. (i.e.):

Code:
@echo off
net use q: \\nas\share1 /u:[email protected] pa$$word
net use s: \\nas\share1 /u:[email protected] pa$$word

2) Make sure that your NAS is part of the same workgroup. Sometimes they are different or not set the same Windows will not remember the credentials.
3) Try using [email protected] format and see if that will make it remember the credentials.
(i.e. [email protected] <tab> pa$$word)

I hope that helps. -WS

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/142863-problem-automatically-reconnect-mapped-drives-login.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all

I have a few computers that connect via rasdial to a bridged modem. They are dropping off randomly and frequently enough that its a pain to have to reset them manually everytime.

Does anyone know how I could write a script or something that would check for internet connectivity and if there is none then it would re dial the pppoe connection?

Thanks

Wolfsta

A:Check Internet connectivity automatically via script and reconnect

If anyone is curious. This is how I solved the issue.

Friend of mine wrote a basic Powershell script:

$site = "Kelly-PC"
$wait = 60
$nl = [Environment]::NewLine

While ($TRUE)
{
if(!(Test-Connection -computer $site -count 1 -quiet))
{
Write-Host -ForegroundColor Red -NoNewline "Connection Down...$nl"
rasdial attdsl [email protected] password
}
else
{
Write-Host -ForegroundColor Green -NoNewline "Connection Up...$nl"
Start-Sleep -Seconds $wait
}
}

$site is the name of the computer
$wait is the time in seconds before next test
and the "rasdial attdsl [email protected] password" line dials my pppoe connection called attdsl with the specified user and password when no connection is available.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/248372-check-internet-connectivity-automatically-via-script-reconnect.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all,

I have a MacBook Air running mountain lion, every time I turn on or wake my laptop it always has to have me connect to the network manually however I do not have to enter the password again.

I do not experience this problem with any other device on this network or when I bring my laptop to other places...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-having-to-reconnect-to-wifi.1099274/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,
My Cisco Wireless router (WRT160N) doesn't automatically reconnect after a power outage. This is a huge issue because my router is connected to my VOIP. If a power outage occurs then I will not have phone connection. The only way to fix this is to mannually power cycle the router after the power outage, but someone needs to be at home to do this. Is there any way to enable some type of auto-connect after a power outage?

Thank you very much!
Tony

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cisco-wireless-router-wrt160n-doesnt-automatically-reconnect-after-a-power-outage.963312/
Relevancy 60.2%

So my computer won't reconnect to any wifi network after it resumes a suspend. This happens with all networks, secured and unsecured. I have to manually reconnect, when this is done, it doesn't always reconnect the first time. Some times I have to attempt to reconnect multiple times before I get it to work. I believe this problem after I installed the Sprint broadband card manager. I removed the software but I am still getting the problem. I also ran an System File Checker on the system and it didn't do anything either.

Anybody know what can cause this and how to fix it? Thanks.

A:Wifi won't reconnect after resuming suspend

This is part of your Screen Saver settings. You need to go into your Advanced power settings and stop your computer from putting your devices into sleep.

since i see you are using windows 7

Right Click on your desktop and select Personalization

Bottom right click on Screen Saver

Change Power Settings >>> Change Plan Settings

then Change Advanced Power Settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/54357-wifi-wont-reconnect-after-resuming-suspend.html
Relevancy 60.2%

This Chromebook is quite possibly the most frustrating thing I've ever bought Throwing aside the fact that the trackpad stopped working after a few days which I assume is tied to a disconnection within the case the internet continuously disconnects and more frustratingly won't reconnect without a restart nbsp I notice it when I try to save a project or load a website The bottom restart.... reconnect Wifi without Won't disconnects. icon will show that wifi is not connected I click the icon and reselect the Wifi disconnects. Won't reconnect without restart.... network The wifi icon will then change to show as connected but nothing will load Interestingly if I try to load a page such as CNN com the status in the lower right-hand corner of the window suggests to me that it's loading some data e g it will tell me it's loading I don't know cookies I don't know anything about this stuff but it will show something along the lines of loading cdn text com nbsp Anyway it will eventually pause on the of the updates nbsp regardless of the website When I open my network settings it still shows as connected It's only when I enter settings nbsp that it shows it's not Wifi disconnects. Won't reconnect without restart.... connected and only after this point does my wifi icon go blank zero bars as opposed to showing an 'x' No matter what I do I cannot get nbsp connectivity without restarting and losing my work nbsp Chromebook CB - - Months OldProblem exists on home and public networks

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Wifi-disconnects-Won-t-reconnect-without-restart-Chromebook-14/td-p/455540
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys/gals!

This problem just recently started happening with my computer. I'll be playing a video game or surfing the web or whatever and all of a sudden my wifi connection will drop.

So I'll click the wifi symbol at the bottom right hand corner of the screen to reconnect... but even though it will say that there are connections when I hover over the icon, the list of possible connections will be blank.

I uploaded a screenshot to imgur so you can see for yourself: http://i.imgur.com/qAC5YX1.jpg

The only way for me to fix this problem is to system restore to a few days ago. But this is getting pretty tedious.

Help please?

Relevancy 59.77%

I was attempting to figure out how to fix my internet connection, and there was an option which said disable, which i thought would temporarily disable my connection and allow me to simply reconnect. i hit that disable button, and all of the wifi disappeared from my laptop. i physically have turned the wifi on and off multiple times, but the internet connections box wont even show a wifi option. i connected with an ethernet to the internet, and it works fine. i dont know how to reenable the wifi on this new windows 10 system, since i just got it yesterday. i am using an older acer aspire 5742-6814 laptop. please help.

A:Accidentally disabled my wifi connection, and now i cant reconnect.

Does the wifi driver show in device manager with a down black arrow or is there an unknown device.

Roy

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/21928-accidentally-disabled-my-wifi-connection-now-i-cant-reconnect.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there I need help The wireless internet access of my laptop disconnects after every few hours of use and does not reconnect for a good hour or so During the hour it constantly connects to the router fails breaks the connection and tries over and over again After an hour or so it just disconnects fails prolonged and use to Wifi reconnect after succeeds and internet connection is back and works fine again for some hours - wifi signal Wifi disconnects and fails to reconnect after prolonged use is excellent full bars sitting right next to the router does not make a difference - other devices have no trouble connecting to the router smartphone other laptop etc and they do not experience such hiccups - restarting the router does not help - restarting the laptop also does not help - The router actually registers my laptop connecting every minute and then it disappears for the list of connected devices - I cannot ping the router or anything else from my laptop during this time - device manager says drivers are up to date I am guessing its either my wifi card dieing or I have some odd signal interference Or maybe something else Any ideas asus laptop win intel centrino wireless n- card bt broadband service bt home hub router

A:Wifi disconnects and fails to reconnect after prolonged use

Open Device Management and go into wifi properties, power management and uncheck turning it off etc.

Also download Linux Mint MATE and make bootable DVD/USB. Boot with it (no need to install) and see if it will work alright.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/376006-wifi-disconnects-fails-reconnect-after-prolonged-use.html
Relevancy 59.77%

For a few days now, my laptop keeps randomly disconnecting from the wifi. The wifi is fine -- it still works on other devices -- and is still available with full bars but refuses to reconnect unless I restart my laptop, at which point it'll be connected and working fine again (until the the next time).
I've tried updating the wireless adapter drivers and turning off WiFi Sense but no dice.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/66432-laptop-keeps-disconnecting-wifi-have-restart-reconnect.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Im pretty tech savy but this one is boggling my mind Wifi dongle I'm using is this a DLink DWA- Router is using WPA -PSK Background info I connect to the will not on WiFi reconnect to known boot auto Windows internet Windows will not auto reconnect to known WiFi on boot through my ISP's supplied router i've set it up with my own SSID and my own password it works perfectly fine with my android phone my GF's iPhone my tablet my laptop her laptop her iPad but not with my PC running windows The problem When i boot it doesn't always automatically reconnect to my wifi despite having it checked as quot connect automatically quot My wifi dongle can see every other wifi network within miles EXCEPT my own wifi Go figure In order to get it to connect i have to hit quot Windows will not auto reconnect to known WiFi on boot Connect to Hidden network quot type in SSID type in the password which windows will prompt me is incorrect hit cancel wait a second and BAM it connects to my wifi Things I've tried This solution from this threadOpen search type quot services msc quot open services Scroll down to quot wlan auto config quot right click stop the service Navigate to quot C ProgramData Microsoft Wlansvc delete everything in this folder leaving only a folder called quot profiles quot delete everything in the quot profiles quot folder except for a folder called quot interfaces quot delete everything in the quot interfaces quot folder Restart quot wlan auto config quot connect to your wireless network enter your passkey ensure the connect automaticly box is checked Restart your computer job done your computer will now connect to your wireless network automaticly on boot gt failed Hiding my SSID and un-hiding it in router config that worked for a couple of weeks but now the problem is back Have tried this solution again failed Uninstalled the wifi dongle in device manager failed Running the router as configured by my ISP failed What the hell is going on I could buy a new dongle but i fear it wont change a thing Any help input is greatly appreciated -Phill

A:Windows will not auto reconnect to known WiFi on boot

See first bullet point. Second, leave it alone for what the ISP pre-set it to be.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42316-windows-will-not-auto-reconnect-known-wifi-boot.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all, I'v got a problem with mapped network drives.

My configuration:
i have my pc with Windows 7 beta, anda onther old pc with windows xp. I mapped a shared folder on the xp computer ads network drive.

The problem is that even if I save my credentials, the network drive don't reconnect at logon and I have to reenter my credential again.

I have the same username on both pc, on the xp one (where are the shared folders) I have also set a password, on mine not.
Can you help me? Thank you very much.

A:Network drives don't reconnect at logon ("Could not reconnect all network drives")

Ops, I marked the thread as solved for mistake! Could please some admin fix it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/2106-network-drives-dont-reconnect-logon-could-not-reconnect-all-network-drives.html
Relevancy 58.91%

bought a new printer today after our other two broke.
went to uninstall the other two and then went to install our new one on the main computer.
I have now lost connection with the wifi to this pc and only this one. (the internet still works on two laptops) unfortunately i need this computer for work and therefore need the internet quite urgently.
any ideas what's happened? perhaps uninstalled something by accident and if so what is it and what can i download?

thanks.

A:pc lost connection with wifi after installing a new printer and cannot reconnect?

Do you see the wireless network your trying to connect to? Does a wired connection work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-lost-connection-with-wifi-after-installing-a-new-printer-and-cannot-reconnect.1035247/
Relevancy 58.91%

On Windows 8.1 pro, my computer would instantly connect to the wifi network from sleep.

However, when I upgraded to windows 10 pro, the computer takes about 1 minute to reconnect to the network (which is very annoying).

I have turned off the "allow the computer to turn of this device to save power" option for my network adapter, but this does not change anything.

Does any body know how to fix this (or just prevent the computer from disconnecting from the network entirely during sleep as this is a desktop and I don't care about power management)

Thanks heaps in advanced!

A:Windows takes about 1 minute to reconnect to wifi on Win 10 from sleep

Originally Posted by Nster

On Windows 8.1 pro, my computer would instantly connect to the wifi network from sleep.

However, when I upgraded to windows 10 pro, the computer takes about 1 minute to reconnect to the network (which is very annoying).

I have turned off the "allow the computer to turn of this device to save power" option for my network adapter, but this does not change anything.

Does any body know how to fix this (or just prevent the computer from disconnecting from the network entirely during sleep as this is a desktop and I don't care about power management)

Thanks heaps in advanced!

Windows 10 Version of the network driver is not working completely; 1: wait for new driver to be published, 2: try installing Win8 or 8.1 version of driver, 3: don't use sleep/hibernate, it has always been buggy

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/31810-windows-takes-about-1-minute-reconnect-wifi-win-10-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey all Hope I can get some help with a problem that has been bugging me since I WiFi can't out hangs computer drops on and reconnect, shutdown/restart installed W This problem appears to be random and happens a couple of time a month It is really annoying What happens is the WiFi appears to stop working It can't find any available networks and won't reconnect no matter what I do I have even tried closing restarting explorer but that does nothing If I try to shut-down or restart my computer it just hangs on the shut-down restart screen I have to hold down the power button to get my computer to shut-down The weird thing is after a restart it works fine for a few weeks WiFi drops out and can't reconnect, computer hangs on shutdown/restart It just seems very strange I use a WiFi dongle I have a couple of them so I tried each one - they all eventually give me the same result I have a HP if that helps I notice that my father in law's rig also does this occasionally He also has a HP albeit a different model

A:WiFi drops out and can't reconnect, computer hangs on shutdown/restart

I'm having the same issues. I don't use a wifi dongle though. My computer is toshiba satellite P75. The problem has happened a couple of times since upgrading to Windows 10 a month ago.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36515-wifi-drops-out-cant-reconnect-computer-hangs-shutdown-restart.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Alienware X-51
Win 7 Home Premium SP1
Thompson TG585 v8 Modem /WPA2-PSK

Scope of Problem:
This is a Desktop LOADING based problem.
NOT a connection dropping, fading while in use problem.
Other Devices work fine.
Same problem with previous Modem.

Problem:
Login.
Wireless icon shows spinning busy symbol.
If it connects fine, then it will Remain fine until the next Restart

If connect fails then yellow exclamation mark shows over TaskBar Icon.
Viewing connection it shows as Limited Access, but signal strength is 5 Bars
A Manual Disconnect, then reConnect will always establish a working connection (sometimes needs two attempts).

Signal Strength is ALWAYS Excellent, No other devices have issues with WiFi.

This is a persistent and long term problem which has "survived" improved Modem placement , ISP directed settings changes, and a new Modem.

[ Other threads all seem to be about No Connection OR Dropping/Fading/Poor Connection. This isn't ].

A:WiFi Limited Access, Signal Strength Excellent, works if I reconnect

Modem was the problem.

Recently the Thomson V8 was replaced with a telco provided Huawei HG630B.
The issue disappeared instantly, there is now just a little lag and then connection.

So problem solved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/322706-wifi-limited-access-signal-strength-excellent-works-if-i-reconnect.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Just got my new computer yesterday. I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

I have my dialup connection set to reconnect after connection loss, and it does it just fine - but Windows Live Messenger Will not attempt to re-sign in after my internet connection has been reconnected! It just keeps doing that countdown over and over as if I'm not connected to the internet.

This is important for me for Windows Messenger to reconnect because msn wakes me up at certain times with nudges from my business partner. How can I fix this? What's the problem? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-live-2009-wont-auto-reconnect-after-dialup-reconnect.856440/
Relevancy 55.47%

Just got my new computer yesterday. I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

I have my dialup connection set to reconnect after connection loss, and it does it just fine - but Windows Live Messenger Will not attempt to re-sign in after my internet connection has been reconnected! It just keeps doing that countdown over and over as if I'm not connected to the internet.

It's important for me for Windows Messenger to reconnect because msn wakes me up at certain times with nudges from my business partner. How can I fix this? What's the problem? Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-2009-wont-auto-reconnect-after-dialup-reconnect-409035.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Bought a new laptop with Windows 7 a few days ago and connected to my wireless home network without difficulty. Worked great for three days then suddenly disconnected from network today. Cannot reconnect despite rebooting new computer and host computer. Laptop sees the wireless network but won't connect. Network Troubleshooter can't find a problem. Any suggestions?

A:Cannot reconnect to wireless network

Go ahead and reinstall your Wireless Drivers...

Are you having any diffculty connecting to other wireless networks?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/31852-cannot-reconnect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I use a NAS drive for my scheduled back-ups and usually it works great, however, if my PC is restarted for any reason it will not reconnect the drives meaning that the back-up fails.
If I enter into Computer and double click the drives they become available but I'm not always home between a restart and the scheduled back-up so doing this automatically would be great

I'm sure I found a work round for this in the past but need to fix it again as I have recently re-installed my OS.

Windwos 7 x64 Ultimate
Buffalo Dual NAS

I think in the past I had a little script that ran and accessed a file on the drive in question which made it available

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/could-not-reconnect-network-drives-849337.html
Relevancy 55.47%

hi,
i noticed on my win2000 pro that network drives always got disconnect after a period of time as showed below. Do you know of a command that can re-establish the connection without re-mapping the drives again?
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnect-network-drives.118372/
Relevancy 55.47%

I get this error when I turn on my HTPC running KODI. Never had this problem before until I upgraded my main desktop PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 today. The hard drive that the HTPC gathers it's data from is stored on the main desktop PC. When I turn the HTPC on, it get the message:

There's a red X on the drive and it says disconnected. If I click on the drive and enter my credentials, it connects without issue. I've tried adding the credentials to Windows credential manager but the problem seems to be that it won't automatically reconnect after a restart, no matter what I do.

The HTPC is still running Windows 7.

A:Could not reconnect all network drives

Nevermind, problem solved using this article: NAS Auto-Login: How to permanently save the login details for network attached drives (NAS)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/could-not-reconnect-all-network-drives-1030305.html
Relevancy 55.47%

getting this message on bootup. need the usb port to work to backup files so I can address viruses. ideas?

A:'can't reconnect all network drives'

Suggest that you try the following: -

1. Shutdown
2. Physically disconnect all Network drives
3. Restart
4. Monitor Task Manager and WAIT until all Disk activity has stopped - 0%
5. Now physically reconnect only ONE of the Network drives
6. Check if you can "see" the drive in File Explorer
7. Check if you can "see" the drive in Disk Management (see note)

Let us know the result.

NOTE - Path to get to Disk Management

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management

Be patient, Disk Management can take up to 30 seconds to populate the window.

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-reconnect-all-network-drives.1144653/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have several drives mapped on different Windows boxes in my office nbsp Just about every time I boot up one of these systems I receive the message quot Could not reconnect all network drives quot in the system tray I should note that merely clicking the drive inside Windows Explorer will restore the connection nbsp I store the server logon credentials in Control Panel Credential Manager then just map the network paths to drive letters nbsp I'm pretty sure the all not Could drives reconnect network problem doesn't stem from any credentials type of problem though because I have the exact same situation when Could not reconnect all network drives connecting to only open shares nbsp I Could not reconnect all network drives have noticed that a couple applications will restore the connection themselves when trying to access information on a share nbsp Most applications however will give an error and time out trying to access the shares unless I go and manually click each drive letter in Explorer nbsp For instance if I place Firefox bookmarks on a share and open Firefox Firefox will display no bookmarks until I click the drive in Explorer and reopen Firefox One thing I can do to fix the problem is hard code my IP address I never receive the message if a computer has fixed IP address nbsp My router hands out IPs on the LAN dynamically so I switch it to another router and tried a using a Linux based dhcp-server as well nbsp Neither fixed the problem I'm a long time user of batch files and realize I could place use one as a band aid for this issue but I don't want to go that route nbsp

A:Could not reconnect all network drives

This issue drove me crazy for ages and I eventually managed to resolve it.
In my case the issue was related to me having configured a duplicate mapping of users homedrives. For each users Active Directory account  I had configured the profile to connect the homedrive to a drive letter and then had also configured
the same drive mapping within group policy preferences. To solve it I removed the group policy preference setting and the message stopped displaying. You could also remove the AD Profile setting but remember that you'll have to take additional steps to configure
folder permissions for the users homedrive. AD profile settings do it automatically for you but can also be setup easily within group policy preferences.
Hope it works for you too.

TurboUK

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/48f5ca04-6561-404d-b3ab-897320593aa6/could-not-reconnect-all-network-drives?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 55.47%

Please help I have been at this all day I set up my new Patriot Corza NAS and got it running could not network all drives reconnect despite some ambiguous instructions on my Win Vista Home Premium computer I kept the standard defaults ie name corza-nas could not reconnect all network drives login admin password admin etc The GB HDD's are set up in ext as raid Following comments by another user I typed corza-nas in the address bar of explorer right clicked the public folder and mapped this to G drive Everthing worked fine I was able to copy open files etc but every time boot up from windows I get the mesage quot could not reconnect all network drives quot The corza icon has a red could not reconnect all network drives cross through it and clicking it requires me to log on again When i do this the username comes up as quot k admin quot the computer name is k which I have to change to quot admin quot and then enter quot admin quot as the password everything works fine again I have read through this and various other forums but am unsure of this question Do I need Vista Professional to stop this from happening Keeping in mind that I dont have or want any users on my computer it just boots up as administrator straight to the desktop Thanks

A:could not reconnect all network drives

if you are asking if you have to enter the login details every time, i would assume yes. to me, it seems that vista has something against saving information on networks that are 'unidentified'.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/258090-could-not-reconnect-all-network-drives.html
Relevancy 55.47%

At startup, I get this notification bubble from the notification area (system tray):

Code:
Could not reconnect all network drives
Click here to check the status of your network drives

A:Could not reconnect all network drives.

What happens when you click to see the status?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/297102-could-not-reconnect-all-network-drives.html
Relevancy 55.47%

A few days ago my pc and my work laptop we're idle for a day or so and when I went to connect to the internet I had no network connection. I checked my modem and router and reset everything. Checked to make sure everything was connected. I have a 3rd PC that was connected, but the 2nd PC and laptop had no network connections. I found out today through work that my laptop motherboard died. I still can't figure out what's wrong with my home PC. I have a wireless router, but with my home PC's they are connected hard wire. I placed a wireless connector in my 2nd PC and I can not connect that way either!

What do I need to do? Is my PC MB fried?? Need help!
Thanks in advance!

A:No network connection and won't reconnect

Also, before you respond to my first message. I tried the ipconfig/release and renew and since my PC is not recieving anything, that does not work. I've also tried to disconnect and reconnect. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall. Nothing is working!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-connection-and-wont-reconnect.537917/
Relevancy 54.61%

After reading exhaustively on this subject I pieced together a workaround that works for me After installing ESET Smart Security on my PC Could to not reconnect A Solution network all drives I started getting an error at logon quot Could not reconnect all network drives quot If I went into Windows Explorer drives X Y and Z all had red X's on them If I double-clicked them they opened up just fine and the red X's went away I also discovered that if I connected via wire to A Solution to Could not reconnect all network drives the network instead of wireless I didn't get the error at all It was just when I was using the D-Link USB Wireless Adapter that it happened I tried various things in ESET like preventing doing a A Solution to Could not reconnect all network drives signature update right at that moment It didn't matter what I did Something in ESET was running first thing and causing this problem But I like ESET and wanted to find another solution rather A Solution to Could not reconnect all network drives than changing security packages or going wired It wasn't just my problem sooner or later it would be someone else's problem in my shop Also it just made matters worse to not run the logon script from the Windows server I would lose the drives altogether And although I could manually run the logon bat file on my PC that was not a solution for other users The problem is really a bug in Windows that they are not going to fix before Windows if at all So I did find a solution Continue running the logon bat script that is located on the Windows Server That contines to fail leaving the red X's on the drives but at least the drives are there Download MapDrive exe from Zorn Software This is a free program I created a directory called C Zorn and put MapDrive exe in that folder Create logon scripts in GPEDIT EXE a User Configuration -- gt Windows Settings -- gt Scripts b Doubleclick on Logon c Use Add button to add scripts Script Name C Zorn MapDrive exe Script Parameters X quot ServerName username quot Y quot ServerName usershares quot Z quot ServerName shared quot After each script is keyed then press APPLY when you are done you should have a script for drive X drive Y and drive Z The says that MapDrive will keep on trying up to seconds to connect to the drive before it gives up So now the drives get correctly connected but the error message still appears There is a registry hack to fix that Using Regedit HKLM- gt System- gt CurrentControlSet- gt Control- gt NetworkProvider Add a DWORD value of RestoreConnection zero Now even though the initial attempt to map the drives still fails I no longer have to see that it is failing MapDrive finishes mapping the drives and the registry hack prevents the error message from appearing in the first place All fixed

A:A Solution to Could not reconnect all network drives

Your wireless driver/service is loading after the explorer service, thus your error.

to add a bit: Delay connections to your network drives:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-3f8ba2e9bf75

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172192-solution-could-not-reconnect-all-network-drives.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi everyone I didn t find anything related to this topic with the search function so here in all its glory is my first post I ve been using network shares mapped to network drives XP Pro SP for a while now and there s this one thing that s been bugging me for a long time If I switch from WiFi to LAN or vice-versa my network drive disconnects and won t reconnect until I open My Computer and actually open that network drive This is particularly annoying when I m listening to music or streaming video from the network share - it stops playing and can t find the file until I manually reconnect to the network drive So what I m looking for is a way to automatically reconnect to the network drive as soon as the connection is lost - say in -second intervals or so with a -second timeout Is there a way to do this on XP SP I d gladly use a third-party app even if it ll cost me not too much obviously it s more of an annoyance than a life threatening problem Thanks in advance PS On a side note Is there a way to set a preferred network adapter If WiFi and LAN are both connected I d like LAN to get all the heavy traffic but sometimes large file transfers run over WiFi which obviously takes ages I know Reconnect Network Automatic Drive I should just turn off wifi - but I m lazy like that Port forwarding etc would have to be remapped and so on every time Network Drive Automatic Reconnect I switched from WiFi to LAN and back nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all I am rarely using my HP OfficeJet which is connected UTP directly to my home network router So most of the time it is turned off When I turn on the printer everything seems to work fine except for the fact that on my Windows laptop the printer status remains offline I need to remove the printer from Devices and Printers within the Control Panel and Add Printer to reinstall the printer before I can use it During this workaround procedure Windows has no trouble discovering installing and connecting to the printer at all And to Network Printer, reconnect unable after this I can use the printer without any troubles until either the printer or the laptop has been offline again than I will have to reinstall the printer again to get it connected So the question is why isn't Windows able to reconnect to the printer the next time Network Printer, unable to reconnect I turn it on Any ideas P S Restarting the laptop after turning on the printer does not help Re-installing the printer seems to be the only way to reconnect it to windows Thanks in advance Arjen

A:Network Printer, unable to reconnect

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried assigning a specific address to the printer in the router LAN DHCP settings? You should be able to see the address in the printer settings then assign that same address in the DHCP table.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/59830-network-printer-unable-reconnect.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi

We have recently installed windows 7 at work. We use 3 mapped drives (P,Z andT). Sometimes when turning the pc on in the morning the computer will not reconnect to the drives automaticley, Which is a pain. My question is, is there a way to
stop this, can you make them auto reconnect on start up.

Thanks       

A:Auto Reconnect Mapped Network Drive

Hello chrispch,
According to the research, the mapped drive lost issue may be caused by the several possible reasons:

Possible reason1. The problematic client doesn't reconnect to the target share at logon.

Please follow the steps to re-configure the mapped driver on the client and then check if the issue will re-occur.

Steps:

a. Open "My Computer"

b. Click on "Tools" and then select "Map Network Driver"

c. input the \\ipaddressofserver\sharename to give the path of the share

d. Check "Reconnect at logon"

e. Drive gets mapped

f. Double click on the drive to check.

Possible Reason 2. Antivirus software or Windows Firewall may block the SMB protocol on clients.

Please check if there is any Antivirus software and the Windows Firewall is enabled on the problematic client. If so, please disable them to check if the issue can be resolved.

Possible Reason3. Fast Logon Optimization is enabled on the clients. 

The fast logon feature may affect the display and drive letter assignment of a mapped network drive. As a result, the drive may have been mapped; however, the user on client cannot see it in Windows Explorer. He may recognize it as a failed network drive mapping.
This is the reason why we usually suggest you to disable fast logon on the clients via a GPO, and please check if the mapped network drive will be occur under this circumstance.

Please also configure the following group policy setting to disable Fast Logon Optimization to see if the issue still exists on the problematic clients.

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon\Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon

When this policy is enabled, a Windows XP client behaves in the same manner as a Windows 2000 client at both system startup and at user logon.

Please note: As this is a computer configuration, please run "Gpupdate /force" and then reboot the problematic clients to make it take into effect.

For more information about Fast Logon Optimization feature, please check the following KB article.

305293 Description of the Windows XP Professional Fast Logon Optimization feature

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=305293

831998 Mapped network drive shows no drive letter or will not allow you to create new long-named files or folders

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831998

297684 Mapped Drive Connection to Network Share May Be Lost

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297684

If the issue still exists on the problematic clients, please also try adding the following registry subkey on the problematic client to check it works.

Steps:

a. Click Start, click Run, type REGEDIT, and then click OK.
b. Locate and click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\NetCache
c. Click Edit, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
d. Type SilentForcedAutoReconnect , and then press ENTER to name the value.
e. Double-click SilentForcedAutoReconnect .
f. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any concen.

Hope the information can be helpful for you.Thanks and Regards
Scorpio_Milo
MCTS: Windows Vista | Exchange Server 2007
MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician
MCITP: Server & Enterprise Administrator
Microsoft Infrastructure Consultant
Enterprise Service: Solution Architect
Microsoft Storage Team - File Cabinet Blog
My Blog

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/80ffb38e-1414-4fd1-8cf9-8999aa01c878/auto-reconnect-mapped-network-drive?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 54.18%

Working on a friend s computer her complaint started with just log drives, plz reconnect network Can't Solved: w/HJT mapped help a sluggish computer She found and attempted to remove tcp exe but of course it kept reappearing after restart By the time I got to check the machine it would no longer restablish it s network mapped drives Keeps kicking back with quot Network path not found quot on both I ve renamed my laptop to her settings and was able to connect easily to her network and see map her Solved: Can't reconnect mapped network drives, plz help w/HJT log drives to my laptop But the minute I go back and plug in the network cable and restart her machine it still kicks back w quot path not found quot I ve run Ad-Aware and Solved: Can't reconnect mapped network drives, plz help w/HJT log cleaned it down from critical to I ve run Spybot and found DSO Exploits and quot Error During Check Cabrotor Datei C Winnt win ini kann nicht geoffnet werden quot Solved: Can't reconnect mapped network drives, plz help w/HJT log which Spybot says it fixes all I ve run Trojan Hunter and cleaned trojan though it alerted to possible trojans Now I m down to running HJT I ve attempted to remove fix the O record for rvsbil dat but it keeps coming back And the references to libsvr concern me but I can t find any info on it anywhere on the web I ve tried running HJT while in safe-mode to fix libsvr and rvsbil but they come back after restart Will someone please take a look at the following log and help me get this machine clean I m not sure what files need to be removed to stop the bad stuff from coming back TIA Sherrie ---------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system csrss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C WINNT system hpnra exe C WINNT Mixer exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe C WINNT inf CATALOG libsvr exe C Program Files Intuit QuickBooks Components QBAgent qbdagent exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C WINNT system zstatus exe C hjt HijackThis exe O - BHO no name - F FB - AF - B-B BA- F F E - C DOCUME Robyne LOCALS Temp rvsbil dat O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run WEPStat WEPStat exe O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run HP Network Registry Agent C WINNT system hpnra exe O - HKLM Run C-Media Mixer Mixer exe startup O - HKLM Run IntelliType quot C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe quot O - HKLM Run SSBkgdUpdate quot C Program Files Common Files Scansoft Shared SSBkgdUpdate SSBkgdupdate exe quot -Embedding -boot O - HKLM Run PDF Converter Registry Controller quot C Program Files ScanSoft PDF Converter Professional PDFConv RegistryController exe quot O - HKLM Run THGuard quot C Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe quot O - HKLM Run libsvr C WINNT inf CATALOG libsvr exe O - HKLM Run MSConfig C Documents and Settings Robyne Desktop msconfig exe auto O - HKCU Run Symantec NetDriver Monito... Read more

A:Solved: Can't reconnect mapped network drives, plz help w/HJT log

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-reconnect-mapped-network-drives-plz-help-w-hjt-log.301791/
Relevancy 54.18%

Our remote user notebooks have either XP or the newer ones have windows On XP they use wireless internet and Cisco VPN client They have a mapped drive that was set up when the machine was in via and mapped reconnect drive vpn network wirless the office All they need to do is connect the wireless broadband then vpn client and they can acces the mapped drive reconnect mapped network drive via wirless and vpn without having to browse it They have an Access database that transmits to the drive On Win we haven t been able to use VPN client even newer versions via a wireless connection so we use Cisco Any connect instead But when you look at the computer the drive still has an x on it and won t quot kick in quot until you manually browse the drive So the Access database won t transmit until you manually browse the drive Is there a setting to allow you to make sure the drive is available once the notebook has connected to our local network via Cisco Anyconnect We prefer the users don t have to do this extra step nbsp reconnect mapped network drive via wirless and vpn

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnect-mapped-network-drive-via-wirless-and-vpn.956231/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have recently subscribed to a local cable ISP and have a Linksys wireless router broadcasting throughout my house. About every half hour, my wireless internet icon in the task bar flashes that it is connected to my home connnection at full signal, and then just after, disconnects.

I am running a toshiba laptop with windows XP pro SP3
In Wireless Network Connection Properties, I have my home internet connect configured at the top of the list in wireless networks, the box that says "use windows to automatically configure..." is checked. Under my connection's properties, it is set to connect even if it's not broadcasting, and to connect when it is in range.

Even when it disconnects, you can see that it still shows up in my wireless networks list at full signal, but it does not automatically connect.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 54.18%

I have four machines all connected via a home network and accessing the internet through a D-Link router and a cabled network.

I recently had to reinstall windows xp on one machine and since then cannot get it to reconnect to the internet. It recognises the network, and picks up its IP address from the router, but I cannot get it to see the internet or access the routers software through its IP address. The other machines continue to function normally.

I have reinstalled drivers, and tried the common fix given several times on your forums to reset the TCP/IP settings.

I have searched your forums and tried several other fixes but still cant connect.

PINGing the machines own IP address is successful but pinging the default gateway gives nothing.

Can you help with any other suggestions ?

Relevancy 54.18%

John,

I'm curious what the equivelents are for XP. I have a similar problem on my XP desktop with a minor difference. If I reboot I connect just fine. Matter of fact as long as I reboot within about a half hour of when I last shut down I connect ok. I lose connectivity when I shut down or hibranate. And if I standby for a very long time (hours+). I don't know if your suggestions will work on my XP machine but it seems worth a try. Even if I need to reapply each time, it'd be easier than rebooting.
Thanks

Relevancy 54.18%

I don t know if this belongs here Network Reconnect to Printer Cannot Laptop Wireless or in the networking forum I put it here because I have a Vista machine identically connected with no problem Dell Laptop about months old running Win Home Premium was connected wirelessly to an HP Photosmart all in one The printer is connected by ethernet to Linksys wired router which is connected to a Linksys Wireless Access Point Both wireless machines have occasionally lossed their connection to the printer and I have always been able to reset it by running the quot add printer quot app Each PC quickly finds the printer and reconnects then I remove the previous installtion of the printer I usually notice that for some reason the last digit of the ip address of the printer has changed The Vista machine reconected and prints fine but the Win PC after finding the printer and clicking next it gets hung up on the quot detecting TCP IP port quot step Then it asks for additional information It has never done this before it has always quickly moved right through this step as the Vista machine has Cannot Reconnect Laptop to Wireless Network Printer done If I continue through the steps the printer shows up in devices and printers which indicates quot ready quot but it will not print

A:Cannot Reconnect Laptop to Wireless Network Printer

After posting this topic 3 hours ago without seeing any reply, I continued to attempt to fix this problem. I was finally successful so I am posting this reply to tell anyone who may be attempting to answer my question they can stop spending time and effort. In case anyone has the same problem I'll now describe the solution. The PC has Mcafee Security Suite. I turned off the personal firewall, reinstalled the printer and it worked. When I turned the firewall back on it would not print. I then went into Mcafee Security Center to the Firewal features and under services I clicked restore defaults on the assumption that the default settings included allowing wifi access to a printer, a common need. It worked, problem solved. Thank you to anybody who read about my problem and gave any thought to a solution.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/350937/cannot-reconnect-laptop-to-wireless-network-printer/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I'm having problems with my Dell-inspiron mini I'm not amazing with computers but I'm reasonably capable I have a wireless LAN sharing internet through a Mac Book Pro i have no problems connecting to this with Ubuntu an android phone reconnect)? How (or WEP I for network delete and saved do change key and other Apple products The only system that i'm having problems with is the windows partition The network is listed in available connections How do I change WEP key for saved network (or delete and reconnect)? but seems to have the wrong WEP key because it fails to connect However I cannot delete the connection and start again as the network is not listed in 'Manage Wireless Networks' I'm stuck I cannot scan for updates because even when the notebook is plugged directly into the router it will not connect to the internet I can just about get onto my neighbours WiFi network but it is very poor strength and cuts out so can't really use that I know the hardware in the computer is fine because the Ubuntu partition works Please help any tips or things to try would be great Thanks in advance

A:How do I change WEP key for saved network (or delete and reconnect)?

Quote: Originally Posted by BuzzyBee

Hi,

I'm having problems with my Dell-inspiron mini. I'm not amazing with computers, but I'm reasonably capable.

I have a wireless LAN sharing internet through a Mac Book Pro, i have no problems connecting to this with Ubuntu, an android phone, and other Apple products. The only system that i'm having problems with is the windows partition....The network is listed in available connections, but seems to have the wrong WEP key because it fails to connect. However I cannot delete the connection and start again as the network is not listed in 'Manage Wireless Networks'.

I'm stuck!! I cannot scan for updates because even when the notebook is plugged directly into the router it will not connect to the internet. I can just about get onto my neighbours WiFi network, but it is very poor strength and cuts out, so can't really use that. I know the hardware in the computer is fine because the Ubuntu partition works.

Please help! any tips or things to try would be great!
Thanks in advance!

You should be able to set up the connection manually by following the tutorial below.
How to Connect to Hidden Wireless Networks | 7 Tutorials

Updating the wireless drivers for the Windows 7 machine or updating the routers firmware is also an option.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/239297-how-do-i-change-wep-key-saved-network-delete-reconnect.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Can anyone help My laptop keeps getting kicked off the wireless until Laptop gets restart kicked reconnect network, won't off network Everything else connected to the network remains fine but the laptop won t let me reconnect until I reboot I ve ran TSG SysInfo and Hijack This and have posted the logs below any help would be much appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - Laptop gets kicked off network, won't reconnect until restart MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Satellite L Antivirus None Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Laptop gets kicked off network, won't reconnect until restart Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Laptop gets kicked off network, won't reconnect until restart Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files mail com mcalert exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files hijack Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sky com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http vshare toolbarhome com hp df R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer Provided By Sky Broadband R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll file missing R - URLSearchHook Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files Vuze Remote tbVuz dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll file missing O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and vid... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-gets-kicked-off-network-wont-reconnect-until-restart.1032233/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello This is an issue about VISTA mapped drives? to you try reconnect or to network Can to VISTA not tell going into quot LIMBO quot trying to reconnect to my mapped network drives which I know I don't have access since I'm connected VPN This issue isn t isolated to VISTA I ve had this issue with all Windows OS I just never found a solution The workstation is part of the network we log into a DOMAIN pretty standard Often when using certain Can you tell VISTA not to try to reconnect to network or mapped drives? VPNs the quot tunneling security quot causes you to loose quot Network Connections quot which is fine I e If I have a mapped drive to a share on the network or If my default printer is a Network Printer I cannot access it You will get the quot Could not reconnect to the network share etc etc or printer is unavailable quot Often same goes for email with Outlook Now when I use various programs such as PL SQL MS Word or Windows Explorer and many more VISTA XP etc etc they all want to be very nice and try to reconnect me automatically to the mapped drive or look for the printer even If I haven't clicked on the mapped network or tried to print anything You get the busy hourglass or little circle in VISTA and you have to wait and wait and wait until you know you eventually get the quot could not reconnect message quot and you move on with your life All this to ask the following Question Is there anyway for me to tell VISTA quot Stop looking stop trying to reconnect or look for the printer I know they are not available quot Any settings which I can set to limit VISTA to look for say seconds then quit If not any of you guys at Microsoft read these posts TIP We did work a solution with regards to the printer The solution is create a bogus printer that is local to your workstation or use another local printer or whatever - as long as it is not on the network and make it the default That work around kinda sucks as anytime you want to print when you actually have network connectivity you have to flip back the default or manually select from the list Any help would be awesome Any gurus out there

A:Can you tell VISTA not to try to reconnect to network or mapped drives?

I know this is an old post... But has anyone figured something out?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/207250-can-you-tell-vista-not-try-reconnect-network-mapped-drives.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I saw reconnect Wireless IP. network get won't connection and disconnects, this thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t wireless-connection-stuck-on-acquiring-network-addressforever First I Wireless network connection disconnects, won't reconnect and get IP. want to say that I don't think there was ever a malware problem on this machine a Lenovo R It worked ok for a long time but a year or so ago it started disconnecting from the wireless network It would say connected and acquiring network address but it never completed I did a network tcp ip reset on it that didn't change anything I got another identical wifi bluetooth card and changed it no difference A few days ago it was working then stopped with the acquiring network address and as a test I gave it a static IP on the local network and it connected It worked until I shut down Today I booted up same static IP configured and it worked OK for about an hour Then it stopped working and said acquiring network address even though it had a static number configured I checked Very odd So something is amiss here More than meets the eye I started reading threads including the one I referenced above I compared some of the regedits that were recommended then but nothing really stood out I did notice that even though the Remote Procedure Call RPC Service is marked as started and automatic the start stop buttons are grayed I could not determine for sure that it's running or not but I admit I don't know that it needs to be running Admittedly this is an odd one It could be a hardware problem on the motherboard but I can't find any evidence of that Any ideas

A:Wireless network connection disconnects, won't reconnect and get IP.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569816/wireless-network-connection-disconnects-wont-reconnect-and-get-ip/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello, I have recently upgraded from XP to W7 Home Premium and ever since I have installer WLM if my internet connection drops WLM shows the countdown timer for auto reconnect, this timer counts down to 00 then doesn't even try to reconnect, the timer just starts counting down again, I never had this problem with XP Home Edition. Is anyone familiar with this problem and may be able to help me resolve this?

A:WLM 2009 auto reconnect after internet reconnect

Is that Windows Live Messenger? If so, can you try reinstalling it. Can you connect to the internet? Otherwise install Pidgin:

http://www.pidgin.im/

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/46248-wlm-2009-auto-reconnect-after-internet-reconnect.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have just changed ISP and the router I have been provided with is WPA capable My previous router was only WPA capable All computers in the house including my main wireless protected on - Problems network WPA2 reconnect desktop use WiFi to avoid having to recable Being security minded I set up the new router to use WPA -Personal AES and created a new profile in Vista SP as my main WPA2 protected wireless network - Problems on reconnect network connection This is where the problems start The connection is hit and miss When initially setting up the profile I have to try or times before the connection set up correctly Although Vista is making a connection for some reason it keeps thinking that the 'new network' is a public network and listed it as an 'Unidentified Network SSID ' No internet access is permitted Customising the network to make it private does not let Vista see the internet You have to totally delete the Wireless Connection and repeat the setup until an attempt actually works no obvious reason why an attempt works or doesn't it seems random Now I have got it such that it automatically connects most times on restart However if I do anything during the session to alter the router settings or of the PC goes to standby on restart I have the same problem with Vista identifying the WiFi as a 'Public Network' and not permitting internet access I have an XP laptop connected to the same router which has no problems reconnecting automatically Anyone have any ideas how to make the Vista machines automatic reconnect more reliable It's driving me up the wall I thought SP was supposed to make WiFi connecting easier Router Thomson Speedtouch Wireless Card Linksys WMP GS Firewall Norton Internet Security

A:WPA2 protected wireless network - Problems on reconnect

Does your linksys card support WPA2? Did you update the firmware?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/148343-wpa2-protected-wireless-network-problems-reconnect.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Good afternoon all I'm having (without can't server drive Network reboot) reconnect and disconnects the following problem with some PCs on a domain at work and the quot official quot admin is a bit puzzled too let alone me the quot unofficial quot local admin - The scenario there are a few PCs with either Windows Pro or XP Pro with networked drives which point to a Windows Pro PC acting as a server We can get these networked drives working nicely then without Network drive disconnects and can't reconnect (without server reboot) warning the quot client quot machine drops it's connection and we can't reconnect the network drive without rebooting the quot server quot A message comes up something like quot the network drive is already in use quot The admin is Network drive disconnects and can't reconnect (without server reboot) puzzled because Windows Pro can support concurrent network connections or so we believe and when we run quot netstat quot on the quot server quot there aren't anything like connections maybe but not Has anyone got any ideas I can try Thanks in advance Roger V

A:Network drive disconnects and can't reconnect (without server reboot)

Any ideas? This is driving me a bit nuts. :-)
Thanks in advance,
Roger V

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335226-network-drive-disconnects-cant-reconnect-without-server-reboot.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Windows 7 XPS laptop. Connects to the wireless network just fine. However, when I suspend or put the laptop into hibernation it never reconnects. I take the lpatop out of hibernation and it shows a red x through the network icon. I have to try and manually reconnect, and then I just get the spinning blue thing over the network connections without it ever reconnecting. I restart...........no problem. I have a bunch of otehr PC's and devices on my home network. I have tried 2 different routers, same problem. None of the other laptops on the network have this problem. This laptop did not have this problem last month. Nothing changed. Hoe do I start de-bugging this

A:intel 1030n does not reconnect to wireless network after hibernation

Quote: Originally Posted by SwampYankee

Windows 7 XPS laptop. Connects to the wireless network just fine. However, when I suspend or put the laptop into hibernation it never reconnects. I take the lpatop out of hibernation and it shows a red x through the network icon. I have to try and manually reconnect, and then I just get the spinning blue thing over the network connections without it ever reconnecting. I restart...........no problem. I have a bunch of otehr PC's and devices on my home network. I have tried 2 different routers, same problem. None of the other laptops on the network have this problem. This laptop did not have this problem last month. Nothing changed. Hoe do I start de-bugging this

SwampyYankee. You might want to check the power settings on your wireless network adapter. On most there is a setting to turn the power off to save energy when the OS determins that it is not being used, like in hibernate.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/233132-intel-1030n-does-not-reconnect-wireless-network-after-hibernation.html
Relevancy 53.75%

win xp I work at a junior high school A lot of the computers are part of a work group so they can share printers I m having problems connecting to a printer It has worked for a long time it s still my default printer but when I try to access it it gives me a spooling error Now here s why I think it s Computer printer School - reconnect cannot to disappears Network from a network problem I can t access the main computer s network location the one hooked up directly to the printer All the other Computer disappears from School Network - cannot reconnect to printer computers come up on the network just fine And the one in question is only able to access very few computers in the network browser Sorry let me simplify computer A brother printer shared computer B no longer sees A on network A sees only a small portion of other computers on network B sees all computers but A Again I don t think Computer disappears from School Network - cannot reconnect to printer it s a spooler problem It probably gives that error because it s a default printer with a lost connection please help thanks nbsp

A:Computer disappears from School Network - cannot reconnect to printer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-disappears-from-school-network-cannot-reconnect-to-printer.1092609/
Relevancy 53.75%

The setup:
Laptop: Vista Business (32 Bit)File Server: Windows 2003 ServerMapped network drive to Z:/ using 'Connect using a different username'Selected subfolder Z:/Partners/ to be 'Always Available offline'The problem:
Disconnected from networkOffline folders work fineReconnect to networkCan't connect to any other subfolders on Z:/ (Shows as if I'm working offline)Problem reoccures after restart or disconnection/reconnection to networkThe question:How do you force Offline folders to connect to a network share? If I hit sync it tells me I'm not connected.Is there a way to connect to the network drive without viewing your cached files. (eg. typing z:/ goes to cached offline files and typing //computername also goes to cached offline files). Basically, is there a way to bypass cached files.Cheers,

Dan

A:Offline Folders - on reconnect to network, mapped drive isn't available

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem and found an old post Problem reconnecting offline files when mapped as a drive that complains about it, too. I can usually correct the problem by navigating to the equivalent UNC path in Explorer, upon which Vista will realize that it is actually connected. I am only doing this once a day, so it is bearable. Alternatively, I found that when I use the "Work offline" button before disconnecting and the "Work online" butten after reconnecting, things are quite smooth. However in order to get that button I have to open an Explorer window and go to the mapped drive location. I think MS should give the Sync Center tray icon a "Work Offline" option.

Cheers

Gregor

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/249838-offline-folders-reconnect-network-mapped-drive-isnt-available.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, I'm having issues with my computer not reconnecting to the Internet after coming out of sleep mode.

The original issue was with randomly getting disconnected from the network. I have slightly fixed that issue, but instead made it so when I use the computer it will work fine, but when I go into sleep mode and later open back up my computer, it will not reconnect to the network.

Things I have tried:

Disabled IPv6 connectivity
Disabled the IP helper Service
Disabled Power Management on my Network Adapter
Flushed my DNS
Went to Dell Livechat
Deleted my Network profile and connected again.
Installed updated Drivers for my Network Card

None of these methods have worked. I don't know what else I can do, I've been having this problem since September, and it's really annoying me.

If you need any more information about my problem please tell me, so I can hopefully fix this issue. Thanks in advance!

A:Computer won't reconnect to network after coming out of Sleep mode

take a look at the attached screenshots--and TRY making your settings the same

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/201901-computer-wont-reconnect-network-after-coming-out-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello My computer's internet disconnects when I put it to sleep as if I hit the disconnect button When I restart it I have to manually reconnect to my network and it takes quite a long sleeps wont Network & when disconnects computer reconnect time It says quot this is taking longer than usual quot Before this happened I had an issue where the internet would disconnect randomly every or so minutes due to a gateway issue I ran the troubleshooter and it fixed it every time but it got frustrating I finally installed some drivers and the gateway issue was fixed but this issue presented itself Thanks in advance This is a wireless connection issue AT amp T is my ISP I think I'm using DSL it's through the phone box My router is a Netgear router I use Malwarebytes Here is my ipconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Grant-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R WiMAX Physical Address -D -DA- - B-FE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C - -A - DHCP Network disconnects when computer sleeps & wont reconnect Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C - -A - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address - -C - -A - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Network disconnects when computer sleeps & wont reconnect Yes IPv Address Network disconnects when computer sleeps & wont reconnect Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday January PM Lease Expires Wednesday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - F- - A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector results

A:Network disconnects when computer sleeps & wont reconnect

Hi and Welcome to Seven Forums,

Thank you for all the detail info that you've provided, they are all quite helpful. Your Xirrus snip and ipconfig/all output looks good.
You might want to disable the Power Mode setting of your Wi-Fi adapter in Device Manager see if that helps, here's an image.

Can you also try a wired connection if possible and see if you can replicate the issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/318404-network-disconnects-when-computer-sleeps-wont-reconnect.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

I have a HP 6530b Laptop, and on-board Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet adapter.
When I remove my laptop from the docking station, I obviously lose Network connectivity, however, when I replace the laptop back (or even just plug in a cable directly), I cannot reconnect to the network until I reboot.
I've had this problem for about 2 years now, and finally decided to try and fix it.
I've googled it and searched on here, but without luck.

When I open Network and Sharing Center (Win7), and click change adapter settings the adapter is missing from the list (after i have removed laptop from docking station).

Can anyone please assist?

Thanks,

A:Unable to reconnect to Network after removing and returning to Docking Station

Some kind of lack of communication among PC, docking station and router I suppose. Let's see if we can find any hints in the following. Show an ipconfig /all for when you are docked with connection, un-docked, and then re-docked before a reboot. After the last one try

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

to see if that will get you going w/o a reboot.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-reconnect-to-network-after-removing-and-returning-to-docking-station.983252/
Relevancy 49.88%

After starting system , wifi drivers are getting uninstalled automatically. When I am restarting system, then wifi again working properly for sometime but again getting uninstalled. I have updated driver after this issue. Further also uninstalled driver and installed sp74163 latest intel wireless lan drivers. However issue still not resolved. Kindly guide how to resolve this issue.  Thanks & regardsGanesh sawantMobile no: 9004615150Email id: [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Getting-disconnected-automatically/td-p/5677589
Relevancy 49.88%

Win 7 Home premium:

When I boot into windows, WiFi signal will spin as if it is looking for a site; however it will not connect. It shows a list of Wifi routers [My building supplies free Wifi]. There are three possible connections that I can use and a listing of over a dozen secured routers from ATT and Comcast. I check 'Connect automatically'' on the best signal router, but upon rebbot/start-up, I have to select the router and check again.

I have looked at all threads and found no possible fix.

A:No connection to Wifi automatically

Funkyecat, it's not that simple. You have to know what protocal, WEP, WPA, WPA2, they are using. You also need the password if any. Get the particulars from the apt manager and get back to us if you need nore help. Give us more details if you can.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/207147-no-connection-wifi-automatically.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a year old Asus laptop that has been great through out the years My son installed Skype and now it doesn't connect to the wireless network in my house on boot up I have uninstalled Skype but the problem still persists I have to run the trouble shooter and applied the Automatically Connect WiFi Can't Home To fix Can't Automatically Connect To Home WiFi it suggests The problem found is Wireless capability is turned off Applying this fix works every time until the machine is put to sleep or powered down then it has to be done all Can't Automatically Connect To Home WiFi over again Curiously when I press Fn F I can disconnect from the wireless network but when I press it again it does nothing I have to run the trouble shooter to connect again I have updated all my drivers directly from Intel and have made sure that the correct services and their depencies are all started Nothing seems to work Another Problem Found that the Trouble Shooter detects is A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken I have tried to fix this problem but have not been successful As far as I can tell the cables are fine I don't know if the two problems are related I would think so Any suggestions on how to automatically connect to my wireless network without having to run the trouble shooter would be great Thanks

A:Can't Automatically Connect To Home WiFi

Another Problem Found that the Trouble Shooter detects is, "A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken."
The above problem just means you don't have the Ethernet cable plugged in. If you do have the Ethernet plugged in, then you have a problem though!

For the above problem and the wireless issue I would do a System Restore to before Skype was installed, and see if that fixes it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543232/cant-automatically-connect-to-home-wifi/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi

I'm new to 7 (all my desktops are XP Home).

With XP, the OS just connects automatically to my home wireless network.

However with this netbook, I have to do it manually everytime I reboot - it's a real pain.

Not sure if this OS, hardware or both.

Can anyone advise ?

I've looked at services.msc WiFi service and it's set to automatic already ....

thanks

PS Also, is there a way to get 7 to boot straight to desktop, without having to click on user icon or enter password ?

The reason these 2 are important to me is that this netbook is basically a music server, so when I come in from work etc., I'd like to just power up the netbook then walk off and play stuff via my network (Squeezebox) players

A:How to enable wifi automatically at startup ?

Hi Swayzak,

Here's a quick guide for you.

Good luck

Tim

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/83693-how-enable-wifi-automatically-startup.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey, I was trying to setup an adhoc connection, but I'm faced with a dilemma.
I have internet via an ethernet cable, so I want to spread this wifi using my laptop's wifi connection.
However, whenever I connect the ethernet cable to my laptop and it's connected to the internet, the wifi light on my keyboard automatically turns red and the wifi router no longer works, hence I cannot create the adhoc connection.
After I remove the ethernet cable, the wifi light turns back on, and I'm able to create an adhoc network, but I won't have any internet to spread since, well, the ethernet cable is not plugged in...

I have an HP running on Windows 7.
Both ethernet and wifi adapters are fine.

How do I prevent my ethernet connection from shutting down my wifi router??

Thanks everyone!

A:Wifi router turning off automatically

Hmm; IMO, Windows is attempting to keep you out of hot water.

Your PC WiFi is not intended to act like an open hotspot. I you what 'guest' connects via wifi, you should manage that in the router setup (several have the option for guest vs lan users).

You were to create this kind of network:

router = = PC - - wif - - guests
The routing table needs special entries and in effect, you would be creating a dual-home environment (the guests could just as easily be a secondary ISP).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-router-turning-off-automatically.205478/
Relevancy 49.45%

I take my Windows 7 laptop to several boutiques that I'm building websites for and it's a bit of a pain to have to find the appropriate hot spot from the list shown at each store and enter the password for it. I'd like to just open the lid and have the laptop automatically connect to the right hotspot for this store.

Any way to do that?

Thanks

A:Connecting automatically to WiFi hot spots

Quote: Originally Posted by toonbon

I take my Windows 7 laptop to several boutiques that I'm building websites for and it's a bit of a pain to have to find the appropriate hot spot from the list shown at each store and enter the password for it. I'd like to just open the lid and have the laptop automatically connect to the right hotspot for this store.

Any way to do that?

Thanks

Yeah.... In your Netowrk and Sharing you'll find a list of recent wi-fi connections. Forget the one that you'ld liketo connect to, then reconnect, enter the password and check the box that says "Connect Automatically". I'm sure I'm getting alot of syntax wrong but, that's the general idea.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/351225-connecting-automatically-wifi-hot-spots.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a preferred WiFi Connection, but Windows 10 seems to require that I manually connect to it. How can I make this automatic?

In case it matters, I use an ethernet connection too, and run both, because they are different subnets each with devices (network shares) that I need access to (yes, I have a bridge.) Anyway, the network works just fine except that I have to manually connect to the WiFi everytime I restart WIndows. Ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/61981-can-i-get-windows-10-automatically-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, I have recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8 on my lenovo z470. Recently I have noticed that when I switch on my laptop with AC power (with battery removed), wifi does not automatically start up. I have to manually switch on the wifi through the hot key fn + F5. However, this does not happen if I run on battery without AC power. The wifi will have automatically started and connected. I have untick the network adapter properties of "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. I have also ensured the WLAN AutoConfig is set to automatic. These do not solve the problem. What could have gone wrong?

A:Wifi does not automatically start up when running on AC

Welcome to the forum deddy.

Do you have the latest drivers from the manufacturer for your WiFi adaptor ? The machine was running Windows 7 before so will probably need compatible drivers to run it on Windows 8.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/22275-wifi-does-not-automatically-start-up-when-running-ac.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I take my Windows 8 laptop to several boutiques that I'm building websites for and it's a bit of a pain to have to find the appropriate hot spot from the list shown at each store and enter the password for it. I'd like to just open the lid and have the laptop automatically connect to the right hotspot for this store.

Any way to do that?

Thanks

A:Connecting automatically to WiFi hot spots

That should be the default behavior as long as you're saving the password for the hotspot. I forget the exact wording, but there should be a setting on each connection like, "Connect automatically if in range".

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/56580-connecting-automatically-wifi-hot-spots.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My laptop will connect to the internet automatically upon startup and works fine but I'm just wondering why the little wifi light on the bottom left hand side under the keyboard never lights up. It will do it if I manually turn it on by pushing F2+FN.....just curious if it makes any difference (I havn't noticed anything) and if there is a way to set it up correctly.

A:Why doesn't my WIFI light come on automatically?

Do you use Ethernet or WiFi to connect to the internet?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/299577-why-doesnt-my-wifi-light-come-automatically.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hey guys i was wondering if someone can help me my my computer is not connecting automatically to my wifi and everytime i try to connect it it doesnt connect at all! but the thing is if i disable my wireless network adapter and then enable it it will identify and connect up to it but yet if its turned off or goes in sleep mode it looses its connection!. i have the automatically connect box tick and deleted my network and reset eveything to default and it still wont connect its doing my head in so if anyone can help it would b great thanks justin!
heres what wireless card i am running!

REALTEK RTL8191SE WIRELESS LAN 802.11N PCI-E NIC VERSION 2015.1.427.2010 with the latest driver update

A:windows 7 not automatically connecting to wifi!

Welcome to Seven Forums,

You might want to check out the Realtek site for the latest driver for your Wi-Fi adapter.

Also, see if it helps disabling the Power saving mode of your Realtek adapter in Device Manager, see image attached.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/302519-windows-7-not-automatically-connecting-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,  Wifi connection was getting disconnected sometimes after booting the system. When I checked the Device Manager, Wifi driver was uninstalled. So, I installed SP65649 and I was able to connect with Wifi. After some 10 minutes, the connection got abruptly stopped (I have not restarted the system; I was in middle of my work).Wifi driver got automatically uninstalled. Could you please help me with this request.

A:Wifi driver getting uninstalled automatically

@SPSamy, Hello and thanks for posting on the HP support forums.  Generally speaking when you have any driver getting dropped and uninstalled like that, it is due to bad hardware. If you can please post back with your full Model and Product number.  WIth this I can provide you with some more information based on your system specs.  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? Please post back when you have a chance. Thanks again for posting and have a great day.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-driver-getting-uninstalled-automatically/td-p/5040556
Relevancy 49.45%

hello. i have a windows 7 professional 32 bit
i have been having problems trying to connect to the internet today. last night it was perfectly fine
it either says identifying... unidentified network. when i troubleshoot it says windows cannot automatically detect this network's proxy settings
my other netbook (the one i am using right now) can connect as well as other computers here, to the same network
i tried connecting through a cable but it also says unidentified network.
for six hours i've been trying solutions i've read but to no avail. i tried system restore but it keeps on failing.
please help. thanks

A:UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK windows could not automatically detect network's proxy settings

i used this with win7 to overcome the problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/71408-unidentified-networks-set-private-public.html?filter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-windows-could-not-automatically-detect-networks-proxy-settings.1098970/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all Thanks for reading I am at my my sisters and she had lost connected start with up and automatically limitations WiFi won't internet connectivity with her HP Windows laptop It would say it was connected with limited connectivity and all bars or bars depending on where in the house I was However it would not connect to the internet I had read some posts and tried different things some guy named vonnie and it did not work I saw a youtube video where the guy WiFi connected with limitations and won't start up automatically said to update the drivers and that did the trick I was able to connect to the internet Now the problem is that when we turn on the computer it does not automatically connect When I click on the wifi icon I have to tell it to connect and I have to put my password in every time and it connects but it says limited connectivity It does work however My question how can I get it to connect automatically even though I have the box checked to connect automatically without having to enter my password and why does it say limited connectivity Thanks WiFi connected with limitations and won't start up automatically all Mikeinstlouis

A:WiFi connected with limitations and won't start up automatically

1.  Right click on wi-fi icon.
2.  Click on Open Newtwork and Sharing Center.
3.  Click on Wi-Fi (wi-id).
4.  Click on Wireless Properties
5.  Click Security Tab

Have a great day!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543937/wifi-connected-with-limitations-and-wont-start-up-automatically/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I am having trouble getting an HP laptop to automatically connect to our home wifi. It won't connect either on start up nor after it has woken from sleep mode. Both times it has to be manually connected.
I have checked the 'automatically connect' in the wireless networks properties box but it seems to uncheck itself after it shuts down.
This is the 2nd router that it won't connect to whereas all the other wireless computers etc we have have no problem connecting to the router
If someone would be kind enough to suggest a fix I would be much appreciative.
Thanks.

A:Computer not automatically connecting to home wifi.

Quote: Originally Posted by cammac78

Hi,
I am having trouble getting an HP laptop to automatically connect to our home wifi. It won't connect either on start up nor after it has woken from sleep mode. Both times it has to be manually connected.
I have checked the 'automatically connect' in the wireless networks properties box but it seems to uncheck itself after it shuts down.
This is the 2nd router that it won't connect to whereas all the other wireless computers etc we have have no problem connecting to the router
If someone would be kind enough to suggest a fix I would be much appreciative.
Thanks.

You said that you "manually connect it". What do you do?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/213374-computer-not-automatically-connecting-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I read bunch of articles on how to remove a Wifi profile.. However I have problem with networks which aren't in profiles (I only have 1 profile and its my home network)..

I have currently 7 networks when I click on the Wifi icon in the task bar. they are from people living around me I guess. They all have "Connect Automatically" checkbox ticked. If I untick it - it goes back once I move my mouse away.

I cant right-click on it and there is no other options. And as I already said - these aren't in the Wifi profile which you can manipulate through netsh.

Windows 8.1 Pro with all latest updates..

I am pretty sure I saw other people complains about the same issue without much of the results..

Any ideas how to uncheck Connect Automatically for ever and ever?

A:All WiFi networks in range are Connect Automatically.

Unless you have the security passphrase, you are not going to connect to any of those Access Points. All it is showing is available Wifi Access Points that are available to connect to.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/61754-all-wifi-networks-range-connect-automatically.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have windows 8. I set my computer to connect to my network automatically, but I have to log in every time. That is fine, I can live with that. But let's say my network is called AARON. Well now when I connect, and hover my mouse over the connection it says AARON 1,2,3,4,5,6,7........etc. Like every day I connect it's adding another number. I'm up to 50 right now. And forgetting the network does not make this go away. If it matters, my network is "hidden"

Thanks!

A:Wifi won't connect automatically, shows 50 sessions?

The same kind of thing has happened to me since I upgraded to Win 8. Our WiFi too is hidden. I have no trouble connecting each time. But if I check "Connect automatically", Windows says, "Cannot connect to this network"?even though it's just connected to it.

Windows is not adding numbers after our network name, though. If it were, I wouldn't try to fix it. It'd be too exciting seeing how high the numbers would go. Of course we live in the suburbs; where you live, more interesting forms of entertainment may be available.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/56341-wifi-wont-connect-automatically-shows-50-sessions.html
Relevancy 49.02%

hi frds

why my Wifi get automatically started when windows starts...
I have checked to remove it by configuring startup programs but the option is not available there.. and if I stop it in services it will not run unless I enable it...
I m having Acer laptop with 1.73 core2 processor and intel PRO set wireless WiFi .
PLS help

A:My WiFi get started Automatically When Windows starts

I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. Are you wanting your WiFi to be off?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wifi-get-started-automatically-when-windows-starts.654352/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello! I've read this forum great answers and help.. I am having lots of problem with my computer. The issues are:

1. Wifi turns off automatically and then cannot connect.. I have found the only way to make it work again is to disable-enable the wireless adapter but after few hours of use all networks disapear from list and cannot connect again. Any advice for this?

2. Probably not related but internet runs extremly slow on this computer. All others connected to the same network run normal. This computer loads programs fast, even heavy programs like abobe indesign or sketchup load very fast. The issue is just with internet. Same problem with all the browsers.

Downloaded Minitoolbox and can send the report. I also ran malawarebytes anti-malware and found nothing.

any advice?

Computer is an HP Envy running windows 10, i7, 8Gb RAM..

A:Wifi turning off automatically and browsing extremly slow - Help!

Ah yes!  There's a new setting deep in the Power Options applet of the Control Panel that can cause this.  Once in the Power Options applet, click Change Plan Settings -> Change Advanced Power Settings -> Wireless Adapter Settings -> Power Saving Mode.  Change the settings there to "Maximum Performance".  

If you want my opinion, somebody at MS was really stupid to make this the new default in 10, but that's what they did.  I can't believe it saved enough power to amount to anything significant, and it causes folks to go crazy trying to figure it out, me included.  And it's burried so deep in the weeds, it takes a lot of digging to find it.  

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603779/wifi-turning-off-automatically-and-browsing-extremly-slow-help/
Relevancy 48.59%

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/60697-wifi-turns-off-automatically-when-device-connected-my-hotspot.html
Relevancy 48.59%

HEY guys, i have been into a problem since last night..please sort out the problem..

there was a option called connect automatically in a wifi network..i clicked in the Connect
automatically option and connected to net..next time there was no any such option in that particular wifi netwrk..how to bring it BACK,,??

I HAVE UPLOADED 2 PICTURES OF IT FOR YOUR BETTER UNDERSTANDING..

THANKYOU

A:How to Undo automatically connect in wifi in NOTIFICATION AREA

That is normal, and happens when you tick it once, Windows remember to connect to it but hides the checkbox. You can undo that by entering network center (at the bottom of the popup) => manage wireless networks => right click on the network => remove.

This will make the option reappear, and no longer auto-connect to that network again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253136-how-undo-automatically-connect-wifi-notification-area.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I m using HP laptop model no:2000 and the wifi or wireless connection only works if the laptop is on charging . it automatically disables (the icon on keypad is still blue ) but it does not detects any connection unless its restarted again. Please help.

Reagards
Papya

A:Wifi of laptop disables automatically if charger is removed

It may be a power setting that turns down the power for wireless when on battery

what windows version are you running
goto control panel
in the top right > search
type power
you should be able to see the power options
change plan settings
goto advanced
find wireless adapter in the list
and see what the setting is for battery

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-of-laptop-disables-automatically-if-charger-is-removed.1150613/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi!

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop, with Windows7 home x64 .

As soon as I turn my computer on and the system finds available connections, the system connects itself automatically to the first WiFi network it finds.

Usually this would be my home network, which is fine. But occasionally, this would be my neighbor's unprotected network, which is not as fine. Potentially, this could be a malicious network, monitoring my internet traffic, which is not fine at all !!

A possible solution might be to check upon system start that the correct network is used. However, if the connection is accidently broken, for whatever reason, the system again connects itself to the next available network, which is again problematic.

How can I stop this automatic WiFi connections?

Thanks

A:Windows connects automatically to unconfirmed WiFi networks

You sure that you checked every settings available 2 or 3 times.do a antivirus scan it might find a trojan or something and check that does the niegbor has also this trojan then you can make sure that if this problem is because of a trojan or virus

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184917-windows-connects-automatically-unconfirmed-wifi-networks.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I've seen this posted elsewhere but the proposed solutions don't apply to nbsp or are simply 'solutions' we can't apply in this environment We occasionaly see nbsp one or both of the following on desktops and laptops alike quot Could not reconnect all network drives quot balloon message and an icon in the system tray No reconnect "Could Disable all [SOLVED] drives" Domain Message/Icon not in Environment network balloon message but the icon exists in the system tray Understandably this happens [SOLVED] Disable "Could not reconnect all network drives" Message/Icon in Domain Environment off the network although we want to suppress that however this happens while on the network nbsp In every case that we've seen this when we check 'Computer' formerly 'My Computer' all of the network drives are connected nbsp Windows reports a 'false positive' - so to speak Briefly here's our setup Win Enterprise in a domain environemnt Built-in Win firewall has been disabled No third-party software firewall solutions present Network drives are mapped via net use persistent yes Explorer with reconnect amp logon set amp via exporting importing the network drive information from HKCU Network We use a login script however the login script does not handle the mapping of all of our network drives nbsp This is because we have a number of different departments who over the years used overlapping drive letters and there are some situations where users also overlap departments that use overlapping drive letters nbsp This goes back before my time nbsp So instead users map their own drives remember the credentials and reconnect at logon nbsp Furthermore when users call the Help Desk the Help Desk nbsp uses the ' persistent yes' switch parameter nbsp when doing mappinv via command line Not sure if this is relevant but when we move users to a new machine or reimage their machine we backup amp restore the HKCU Network key which houses the mapped connections to make the transition nearly seamless nbsp So doing a net nbsp use delete Y to 'fix' this problem is not an option here Is there anything I can do to to prevent that message from popping up along with preventing the icon from displaying in the system tray nbsp Although the quot Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon quot and quot Turn off all balloon notifications quot GPO settings are set to 'Enabled' those are the only potentially relevant GPO setting I could find and they don't appear to fix this issue Also I've been looking at the setting discussed here http support microsoft com kb en-us nbsp but although users are promoted to local administrators via a GPO I'm not certain that applies here or if that will help Lastly thanks to another post I found on the forums I ran across this setting http support microsoft com kb nbsp and am wondering if this is worth investigating however I'm concerned of how changing this setting may affect the servers the user's are connecting to based on way this sentence was phrased quot This behavior occurs because the systems can drop idle connections after a specified time-out period by default minutes to prevent wasting server resources on unused sessions quot If we set this value to some insanely high value how might that impact a server with a connections Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

A:[SOLVED] Disable "Could not reconnect all network drives" Message/Icon in Domain Environment

From Microsoft after submitting the Design Change Request (DCR) and Business Impact Statement

I was in Redmond last week and this issued was discussed in detail with the development team . We did figure that this is a change in the design /code that lead to the issue you are seeing . The team weighed the effort of investigating this further ; the
effort of changing the component code that has already being isolated verses a workaround for the issue that could be provided. The team felt that this request did not meet the set ( high) bar for taking in design change request for Windows 7 . Case notes
indicate there are some workarounds that have been work on by previous engineers who worked on this case with you. If not, the Dev team and me will be glad to work on the workaround by editing the scripts. With my request the Dev team will file this design
change request for the next OS release (the one after Windows 7) . At this moment I don’t know if this request will be accepted in the next release but if will certainly be discussed and a decision will be made.
Cause and Status

There is a change in code path /design from windows XP to Windows 7 that is  leading to this behavior
A request of design change was filled . The team weighed the effort of investigating this further ; the effort of changing the component code that has already being isolated verses a workaround for the issue that could be provided. The team felt
that this request did not meet the set ( high)  bar for taking in design change request for Windows 7 .

With my request the Dev team will file this design change request for the next OS release (the one after Windows 7) . At this moment I don’t know if this request will be accepted in the next release but if will certainly be discussed and a
decision will be made.

Workaround
One of the basic script workarounds is that , if we have a batch script that will attempt to access \\server\share that
should be mapped to z: then the expected behavior can be achieved with net use.  At the top of the batch script we can add the line: net use z:\\server\share
In the situation where we currently have a failed access, the script will work precisely the same.  If the user was in a functional situation then the added line will give the following error message: “System error 85 has occurred. The
local device is already in use.” However, the batch script will continue as before providing the expected functionality.
If this error message is not acceptable (although it will be hard to notice it because if we just click on a script it will flash the cmd window by quickly) then the output can be suppressed.  Using “net
use z: \\server\share 2> nul” will suppress any errors this command would
produce.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f6ec02e9-50c5-4311-b8e0-523490c16883/solved-disable-quotcould-not-reconnect-all-network-drivesquot-messageicon-in-domain?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

I am not in a domain environment. I have a server box running Datacenter 2008 R2. I have 3 shares that I am mapping to my machine that do not require credentials when mapping. On boot I always receive "Could not reconnect all network drives" notification/bubble.

Things I have attempted:
1. Enable in gpedit > Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon AND Run logon scripts synchronously
2. Attempted to create a logon script to remove and remap the drives (in vbs, failed)
3. Set a static IP address on wireless interface
4. Create DWORD "RestoreDiskChecked" in HKEY _CURRENT_USER > Network
5. Input server credentials in Windows Credential Manager of "servername\user" and password
6. Verified on server side that Everyone, Admins, and Users have full control of all shares
7. Disabled on server all Password protected sharing in advanced sharing settings

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Open to workarounds, just want the pop up gone.

A:"Could not reconnect all network drives" pop up on boot Windows 7U x64

Hi and Welcome to SevenForums.

Good Luck with this. If you ever fin d a solution, please post it here. This has been a problem with Windows 7 since it was released.

The only workaround I could find was to use a utility called "mapdrive".
A local policy log on script is run at log on to map each of the drives. Problem is, I have 13 shares and it's not that quick. You can use the computer while it's mapping drives, and it doesn't impact on the computers performance.

I ended up removing it and putting up with the pop up as the drives were available sooner. Even though some brain dead applications (notably Adobe products), will fail when the map drive is "disconnected".

If you want to check out the mapdrive tool have a look here: Zorn Software ? Blog Archive ? Windows 7 disconnected network drives - Simplicity is the Essence of Good Design

There is also a discussion on this forum about this issue here: A Solution to Could not reconnect all network drives

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/307336-could-not-reconnect-all-network-drives-pop-up-boot-windows-7u-x64.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, I have created 2 permanent network mappings to local drives for my phone, but I always get that "Could not reconnect all network drives" alert at logon. It's certain the phone is only occasionally connected so that the network resources are not always accessible. Is there a way how to tell Windows to remember those mappings so that I can open the associated driver whenever I connect my phone, but when not connected those drives will still exist but be inaccessible, same way as empty CD-ROM drive behaves.
?

A:How to dismiss "Could not reconnect all network drives" alert?

If you right click on My Computer and select Disconnect Network drives, you can disconnect the current mapped drives. This will stop Windows from attempting to map the drive each time the computer starts, which results in the error message.

The easier method is to just use Windows Explorer when you plug in your phone or create a desktop shortcut to the phone's drive letter. Though the drive letter may change depending on the devices you connect/disconnect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/207324-how-dismiss-could-not-reconnect-all-network-drives-alert.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Anyone successfully fixed the Could not reconnect all network drives error at boot? I get it most of the time with a wired Ethernet connection. I've done a lot of searching and tried different things but nothing seems to work. This started a few months ago, was not there initially with Windows 8, 8.1 or 8.1.1.

With XP, you could do this to fix it:

Control Panel
Folder Options
View
Uncheck "Automatically search for network folders and printers"

This is no longer an option in Windows 8 (I think it disappeared with Vista).

A:Fix "Could not reconnect all network drives" error at boot

I never found a fix. When mapping a network drive in Explorer I uncheck the automatically reconnect option.
I had several .cmd files with net use statments to connect what I wanted once I got to the desktop.

This article is for W7 but it may be the same for 8:
System Administrators' Library: Mapped network drives in Windows 7 Registry

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/51197-fix-could-not-reconnect-all-network-drives-error-boot.html