Windows Support Forum

TCP/IP disappeared under wireless connection properties

Q: TCP/IP disappeared under wireless connection properties

Hi - I still have internet access. However, when I go into wireless connections, properties, general, the TCP/IP "stack" has disappeared.

The rest are still there: Client for MS networks
File & Printer sharing
QoS Packet Scheduler

I've posted to other forums and I have had an external PC professional have a look, but not even the latter could find out what happened.

The reason I need it is that I manually set my IP address at home, but let it find it automatically elsewhere, but can't as cannot access the TCP/IP elements.

Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: TCP/IP disappeared under wireless connection properties

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 66.65%

I was trying to set up an ad hoc network and toyed around with some of the wireless network settings. The network I was trying to set up didn't quite work out so I tried to set it back to how they were but forgot how they were.

Is there a way to delete the Wireless Network Connection and let it create a new one or is there a "standard" setting for this to strictly find a wireless network and connect to it?

I am running Windows XP Pro.

Any help or questions would be appreciated

Relevancy 66.65%

Please help me
my Wireless Network Connection Properties not can click!
me try Uninstall WNC Adapter on Device Manager
and reset IPV4, Winsock on CMD.
but still not can click. what is this problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382833-help-wireless-network-connection-properties-not-can-click.html
Relevancy 66.22%

My wireless connection has disappeared >.<
It won't show the adapter in Network Connections and the device doesn't even show up when i look under the device managers tab in system.

I am running a HP Pavilion 6000 series Laptop with Windows XP Home on it.

Additional Info: I had left the computer on while I went to work. When i came back and tried to connect i found it had entered some kinda of hibernation or standby(even though I don't use Hibernation) and then I couldn't connect
I have it plugged in with no battery inserted.

A:Wireless connection disappeared

first, reboot the system

now use your Wireless Network Wizard and recreate the connection to your router.

report back with all errors (or success )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-disappeared.97455/
Relevancy 66.22%

So I went to bed last night and I woke up at around AM and noticed my computer Connection Wireless disappeared had no internet I am on a wireless connection Its D-Link if thats important Anyways the thing at the at the bottom of the taskbar that shows my signal strength was Wireless Connection disappeared just gone out of nowhere I left my computer downloading Wireless Connection disappeared something when I went to sleep so I knew the internet was working I checked my network connections and the D-Link Wireless Connection wasnt listed I went downstairs to make sure everything was plugged in right Everything was where it needed to be I turned off my computer the downstairs computer and then unplugged my modem for about seconds turned the modem turned my computer on and nothings there This has happened before and I took my computer downstairs and just took the main cable from the modem and plugged it into my computer and everything re-appeared But not this time I have no idea what to do Im technologically retarted so help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Wireless Connection disappeared

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

The name of your ISP and country of residence.
Make/model of the broadband modem. If dial-up, please specify.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Connection type, wired, wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.)
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2, Vista, etc.

Also, please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

With the computer connected with a wired connection to the router, please do this.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-disappeared.626946/
Relevancy 65.36%

On Sun. I started up my computer and do my daily comp routine (switch access points for my wireless router, close some crappy apps etc.) The problem is in my lower left corner bar there use to be a wireless connection icon that allowed me to switch access points but after sunday it just disappeared i tryed everything to get it back, searched www.windows.com (no help at all!) reinstalled my router, nothin asked my uncle nothing. I don't want to reformat can someone please help me retrive my wireless icon? i would be so grateful.
My Os is WinXpPro
my wireless router is D-Link DWL-120e
any help would be greatly appreciated
thank you for your time

A:Wireless Connection Icon Disappeared!

I fixed it, Who would've known a simple system restore could've saved me a day of looking through the internet and such

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-icon-disappeared.215787/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello i am in need of assistance I have a dell computer running windows xp Just recently i have been trying to bridge the local area connection and the wireless network connection it seemed that i didnt have any connection in the network wireless disappeared connection network places file I recently got back my local area conection by going to command propmt and typing some stuff in but i still cant find wireless network connection It seems that it isnt there at all Atleast the icon isnt I have searched on the computer and have searched in the recycle bin and i could not find it if anyone could tell me how to get the wireless network connection back that would be great I have never gone to that file before so i dont no when it went away i recently went on and none of the connections were there and then i wireless network connection disappeared got some back and i still dont have the wireless network connection I am trying to bridge the wireless network connection and the local area conection to connect the ethernet cord to my playing device but the wireless network connection is not there please someone if you could help me I will be very thankful Thankyou KRman nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Lenovo Z70 that I have been using for over a month. It's been smooth sailing. But today, out of the blue, I can no longer connect to Wifi. I researched the problem and found a suggestion to go into settings, choose Network and Internet, then select Wifi and turn on my wireless card. The problem is that when I get into settings and choose Network & Internet, there is no Wifi option.  My laptop has no external switch I can flip either.  I have Windows 10 OS, Intel Core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40 GHz 2.40 Ghz.Network adapter WAN Miniport (various) and Realtek PCLe GBE Family Controller. (Not sure if any of that is pertinent.) 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Wireless-connection-dropped-and-disappeared/td-p/3352492
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey People,

I hope someone can help.

I am using a Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 Laptop running Windows XP.

I restarted the laptop, and was prompted to either start Windows normally or start uing last know best configuration-I chose to start with last known best configuration.

Now when I go to Network Connections, there is no Wireless Network Connection Icon. However, when I go to Device Manager, the card is present under Network Adapters(Toshiba Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card), and it states it is working properly.

How do I get the icon back into Network Connections, so I can use my wireless again? Please help.

Stormie911

A:Wireless Network Connection Disappeared

Hiya Stormie911.

In Device Manager, right-click and uninstall the wireless card and then `Scan for hardware changes` so the system finds it. You may have to run the drivers again but that should renew the hardware installation.

Jenny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-disappeared.921751/
Relevancy 65.36%

My aunt's computer can't connect to any wireless network any more. She has a Dell Inspiron E1505 running Windows XP.

From the "Network Connections" window, the only things visible are "Incoming Connections" (not connected), "1394 Connection" (which I understand has to do with FireWire), and the Local Area Connection, which is working fine right now. Additionally, when I go to the Device Manager and look at Network Adapters only the 1394 Net Adapter and Broadcom Integrated Controller are visible.

She doesn't have a drivers CD, so I tried going to Dell's website. It listed all kinds of drivers for the laptop, but nothing that looked like it had anything to do with the wireless card.

She's been able to connect using the same laptop before; it just stopped working on Friday. She can't remember changing any settings.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

A:Wireless Network connection disappeared

Configure your modem to enable wireless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-disappeared.624917/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I am running a Compaq Presario V windows XP home It normally has wireless connection through broadcom b g WLAN However last night an error message saying that there was a problem with the device appeared I disabled and re-enabled the device through quot network connections quot wireless disappeared Broadcom connection Immediately afterwards the connection disappeared from the network connections Broadcom wireless connection disappeared page It has also disappeared from the Device Manager except for the quot Packet scheduler miniport quot which Broadcom wireless connection disappeared is a hidden device The HP wireless assisstant has also gone missing It remains as a control panel icon but it wont open By this I mean nothing happens at all when its clicked I have tried the quot add new hardware wizard quot and am now trying to download updated drivers But so far to no effect I remember a similiar problem when my computer seems to have forgotten it had a CD-ROM where all evidence of it had disappeared that issue resolved itself as if by magic Any Ideas much appreciated Michael nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Lenovo Z70 that I have been using for over a month. It's been smooth sailing. But today, out of the blue, I can no longer connect to Wifi. I researched the problem and found a suggestion to go into settings, choose Network and Internet, then select Wifi and turn on my wireless card. The problem is that when I get into settings and choose Network & Internet, there is no Wifi option. 

My laptop has no external switch I can flip either. 

I have Windows 10 OS, Intel Core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40 GHz 2.40 Ghz.
Network adapter WAN Miniport (various) and Realtek PCLe GBE Family Controller. (Not sure if any of that is pertinent.) 

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:Z70 - Wireless connection dropped and disappeared

Crrockett wrote:I have a Lenovo Z70 that I have been using for over a month. It's been smooth sailing. But today, out of the blue, I can no longer connect to Wifi. I researched the problem and found a suggestion to go into settings, choose Network and Internet, then select Wifi and turn on my wireless card. The problem is that when I get into settings and choose Network & Internet, there is no Wifi option.  My laptop has no external switch I can flip either.  I have Windows 10 OS, Intel Core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40 GHz 2.40 Ghz.Network adapter WAN Miniport (various) and Realtek PCLe GBE Family Controller. (Not sure if any of that is pertinent.) Basically airplane mode will toggle wifi on or off. And for your unit the function key according to the user guide is F7. Check under device manager/network adapter the name of the wifi network card installed. Search Lenovo sites for a new driver or you can also check Intel's site if it is an Intel Wifi card.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z70-Wireless-connection-dropped-and-disappeared/td-p/3352492
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello We have a Dell Dimension Inspiron Laptop which on Wireless Laptop connection disappeared was purchased in September Operating System is Vista with built-in WIFI This is a second computer The Desktop PC is also a Dell which has been reliably connected to AOL for the last years without any connection problems AOL duly sent out a Wireles Modem Router Thomson Speedtouch which was installed using the AOL installation CD Wireless connection disappeared on Laptop and for months everything worked great and the wireless connection was constant around the house All of a sudden the wireless connection disappeared totally unexplained I then contacted AOL which was a nightmare due to language and communication problems After dealing with over half a dozen different technical help guys at AOL and when they finally threw the towel in with my problem they then referred me to Thomson who make the Router at pence per minute to talk to their technical dept The guy there told me that the Modem Router had probably developed a problem and gave me a reference number with which to contact AOL and tell them to send me out a replacement Modem Router which they did do within the week In the interim I took the Dell Laptop to my mate s house and it connected immediately every time I took it there When the second Modem Router was connected lo and behold exactly the same thing - no wireless connection AOL don t want to know - as they cannot get me connected wirelessly - and they are telling me that as I have a wired connection they have fulfilled their obligations So I now have is a Laptop which needs the Lan Cable plugged into the back of it to get an internet connection I now don t know what to do Any suggestions are more than welcome nbsp

A:Wireless connection disappeared on Laptop

I'm sure lots of us would be happy to suggest what to do with AOL, but for now I will assume that you are just looking for suggestions about the wireless problem.

Does your laptop detect the wireless signal?

If so, is it unencrypted? If so, tell us as closely as possible exactly what happens when you try to connect. If your wireless is encrypted, please disable the encryption until we get a successful connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-disappeared-on-laptop.661997/
Relevancy 65.36%

I wonder how I can disable my wireless network and view their WAN or Lan properties in windows 7. I can do it in windows xp myself though.

A:How I can disable/enable wireless network and view properties of Lan connection?

Hi have you looked in device manager

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-i-can-disable-enable-wireless-network-and-view-properties-of-lan-connection-557333.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Ok So I m here on my trusty ol PowerBook G because it always works no matter come it won't Solved: disappeared connection and back Wireless what and my PC isn t working right now I use my PC for gaming because that s all it s reliable to do with out becoming infected by countless viruses or just screwing up But I managed to screw it up anyway I was Solved: Wireless connection disappeared and it won't come back playing F E A R and about min after I had quit i noticed that my wireless wasn t connected Now I use and external USB receiver made by Linksys It is supposed to be connected to a g network which is connected to a Mb cable line The receiver needs it s own program to run I m guessing because it s connected through USB and not to PCI I have the program installed properly and everything is set up right within the program and it is running Now here is my problem I noticed that Microsoft s wireless connection status icon in the start bar was gone and the Linksys wireless connection status icon showed that there was no connection I open up my network connections folder and my wireless connection is not there I try to set up a new connection and it doesn t save it to the folder and I assume it isn t being saved anywhere else I have reinstalled the Linksys program several Solved: Wireless connection disappeared and it won't come back times and tried to set up a new network connection many more times But I can t seem to specify the connection to be wireless It s not totally urgent as it just prevents online gaming and running of Steam based games but I would still love for this problem to be resolved So a break-down Use rd Party software to connect Windows wireless connection has disappeared Can t set up a new Connection Thanks in advance for the help Isaac nbsp Solved: Wireless connection disappeared and it won't come back

Relevancy 63.21%

After I restarted my Laptop, I noticed both my internet connection icons (wired and wireless) and several items were missing from my taskbar on my laptop. I cannot find them anywhere on my computer, the network displays 0 items. Also, I cannot restore the computer at all.  Any prompt help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Network connection and wireless icon disappeared from Taskbar and no internet

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590717/network-connection-and-wireless-icon-disappeared-from-taskbar-and-no-internet/
Relevancy 63.21%

About an hour ago my son found my laptop unattended and before I could stop him from doing any additional damage the computer was off. I restarted it and was no longer able to connect to my wireless network.

When I attempt to connect to a wireless network, I receive a message that no wireless networks were found in range.

My other laptop connects to the network and internet just fine.

I'm not sure if this is related, but my ip address is now 0.0.0.0, and when I try to renew/release it I receive the message "No operation ccan be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected."

Device manager lists all network adapters as enabled and working properly.

Laptop is a Dell Inspiron E1505 with Windows XP.

Please help if you can...I'm stumped!

A:Solved: My two year old magically disappeared my wireless network connection!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-two-year-old-magically-disappeared-my-wireless-network-connection.948722/
Relevancy 63.21%

this is for a Compaq- laptop HP brand Windows Vista-OS attached to wireless connection through broadband connection household uses VoIP internet cable-tv Over course of -weeks somehow my wireless connection stopped working After POST and launch to desktop the led on front the of laptop would change to blue then WLAN notice would always pop-up in lower left coner of screen stating the the WLAN was connected I have no idea what I can do to get this back working Laptop has built-in network adapter and ethernet capabilities for both hard-wired and wireless I working/ Ethernet Connection has Wireless adapter disappeared has stopped use this laptop when the other PC is in-use Having this option allows for multi-use of internet without having to waiting for the other PC to become free At first I thought the drivers may have been outdated This is what I have done so far as Wireless Connection has stopped working/ Ethernet adapter has disappeared I have run out of ideas as to how to resolve this issue Went to HP site and downloaded drivers for both Broadcom b g adapter and HP Wireless Assistant to my flash drive Then downloaded those drivers to my laptop Went to microsoft because error message states that drivers could not be downloaded Code- for the adapter This site based on the Wireless Connection has stopped working/ Ethernet adapter has disappeared code states that Microsoft is aware of this issue and this would not stop the network adapter and should operate properly This is not the case At present I can only connect to my wireless by hardwire cat- cable This laptop has option for Wireless Connection has stopped working/ Ethernet adapter has disappeared both but now the led stays the color quot amber quot when the laptop is on The slide knob always remains to the right on and is never turned off I check this after launch to desktop screen performed a system restore point back to a previous time when the wireless was operating properly and re-installed the drivers from my flash drive This did not resolve the issue Any assistance is greatly accepted nbsp

A:Wireless Connection has stopped working/ Ethernet adapter has disappeared

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-has-stopped-working-ethernet-adapter-has-disappeared.824187/
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to my laptop, using Vista, and there is no "sharing"d tab to allow ICS, so It always fails the IP address test. I've tried every site and googled it multiple times but still haven't gotten a solution.

A:Solved: No "Sharing" tab in wireless network connection properties

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sharing-tab-in-wireless-network-connection-properties.754170/
Relevancy 58.05%

All the app icons have disappeared from my desktop, as well as task bar and file Explorer. Where the icon should be is just a blank (but clickable) space.
I tried to manually alter the app icon by right clicking and going into properties, but no properties will open!
I've tried everything I know how, please help.

A:All icon images have disappeared, and can't open app properties

You said taskbar disappeared.
Is Start button still there or gone also ?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38563-all-icon-images-have-disappeared-cant-open-app-properties.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the access window Cannot in properties" area connection properties "local window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv'e also tried it using the administrator account But it didn't help What is causing this problem and how Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window I fix it Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window-187331.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and access window area "local properties" in properties Cannot connection quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv e also tried it jusing the administrator account But it didn t help What is causing this problem and how I fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window.636065/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

Since a week my wireless connecion seems to have disappeared. I'm using an HP Pavillion Entertainment Notebook.

Whenever i try to turn on th wireless connection button (hp wireless assistant), it stays orange (it turns blue when its on). My wireless connection has also disappeared from my Network Connections in windows. I think my adapter (sorry dont know the right terminology) is "broadcom"

I don't know why this happened. I dont think i did anything out of the ordinary. Hp Wireless Assistant itself isn't working anymore either. It all messed up at the same time.

Can anyone help me please?

EDIT : when i search for HP Wireless Assistant in my folders, i can still open one part of the program. It says the machine is de-activated and that i should activate by turning the little switch/buttom thing. But it doesn't respond when i do.

thank in advance,

Sam

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi It has been awhile since I have been here I anticipate or at least hope that this visit won't be as chaotic I recently switched back to Windows from Vista a few weeks ago I external Tab" drive on "Security Properties disappeared am running -bit Ultimate on an HP Pavillion laptop that has an AMD X -bit chipset It is running from one of two partitions on the laptop hard drive the other partition is used to boot into Linux Additionally I have external drives Each of these drives has two partitions Properties "Security Tab" disappeared on external drive One of these drives is a TB backup drive that was recently added the two partitions on this drive are for Properties "Security Tab" disappeared on external drive purposes of allocating half for use by Linux and half for use by Windows The other external drive which happens to be the former quot hard drive of the laptop in a case providing USB connection has two partitions both of these were are for use by Windows however one partition has an NTFS filesystem and the other so as to avoid irritations like the one I discuss herein was FAT I did a clean re-install of WIN and Linux about days ago since my MBR was a little complicated and the reinstall was done to reorder the partitions thereby hopefully cutting down on fragmentation drive use Anyway today for no real explainable reason the NTFS partition of the older quot external drive became inaccessible to me Since I have encountered this issue in all post-NT versions of Windows when doing re-installations i e the new installation of Windows does not recognize the external drive's owner SID and I am speculating here therefore makes it inaccessible to the current user however this was always easily remedied by taking ownership of that drive I know when I installed Windows days ago I had access to this drive But I also know I tweak things safely and situations can arise unexpectedly When I try to take ownership of this partition drive the security tab in the properties menu is not present The other drives Win partition int HD Win partition new external HD fat Win partition old external hard drive are all fine the two that are NTFS show the security tab Obviously the FAT partition does not EDIT I thought perhaps restoring a previous version on this drive might be of some use However when I checked under this tab it states quot Previous versions are not available for offline files quot Don't quite know what that means though I do know that soon after install I disabled the Offline Files service Didn't re-enable it because whatever this problem is it seems to be affecting only the one external drive in question I looked under HKCR Drive shellex trying to spot an anomaly but it was a bit difficult especially since I didn't know what GUID was for a particular drive I checked under the Device Manager hoping to get these GUIDs but under Storage Volumes WIN shows generic volumes of which are hidden So before going any further and risking a broken system I thought I would let wisdom prevail and throw this question out to this forum Anybody know how I can restore the securities tab for that drive partition so I can take ownership of it Note I also tried using ICACLS with no luck but I am only in the Administrator group Again I though I would post before jumping forward and invoking the Administrator account Thanks Paul

A:Properties "Security Tab" disappeared on external drive

Just wanted to add something else I noticed just now. In the past (when Windows 7/Vista seems to be working correctly anyway), I could always create a shortcut on the desktop to the command prompt, and then in the compatibility tab, I would check "Run as Administrator". However, I just tried to create such a shortcut, but the compatibility tab is greyed-out. This is perplexing me as well.

This feels all too familiar.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/55933-properties-security-tab-disappeared-external-drive.html
Relevancy 49.45%

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sal/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sal/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sal/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sal/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG]hey im having a major issue that i know someone can fix!!

Please help!!

i just need to get into the properties tab that is grayed out. here is a screen shot.
what can i do to get access to this??

A:Cant get into wireless properties tab!! Please help!!

i still cant figure this out. i dont know if its something to do with administrator or what. i am the only person that uses this computer so i really dont know what else to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/10911-cant-get-into-wireless-properties-tab-please-help.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I'm stumped as to why Explorer crashes whenever I try to view properties on any of my network connections. Its quite possible that I've messed something up in one of many tweaks. I just don't know when it happened.

The event viewer shows the following error:

"Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2649, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.2180, fault address 0x00037e9f."

Is it possible to re-install just the networking components for WinXP, or do I have to do a full fresh install?

Inso

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

A:Network Connection Properties not Opening

Originally Posted by rat170

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

Do you have a backup you can restore from? thats a quick easy fix for it.

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/246852-network-connection-properties-not-opening.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am working on someone's XP Pro SP2 Box, and I cannot change the properties of any network connection. When I right click on the connection and click properties is says "Do not have sufficient privileges, contact your administrator"

I am the Administrator, logged in as the administrator account, and the machine is not on a domain.

Any Ideas what setting could cause this, and where it is?
I wasnt even aware you could lock administrator out...

Thanks -
Mike

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello Everyone, its been awhile since i used revo uninstaller to
remove hotspot shield, but i did not realize it is still on the local
area connection properties, how can I get rid of it from there? Thanks

A:HotSpotShield Still In Local Connection Properties?

Right click the TaskBar and start the Task Manager. Go to the Processes tab. If you see any process for Hotspot shield, end the Process.
Use Hunter Mode in Revo to uninstall it.Uses of ? Hunter Mode? in Revo Uninstaller | Techdows
Now download Junkware Removal Tool. Run it, A DOS window appears. Press any key. It will start scanning automatically.
Now download ADWCleaner. Run it, Install it, Scan, leave everything checked. Clean. Both programs will show a text document when they are done showing you what it has removed.
Then download and run Temp File Cleaner Run it, it will shut down all programs and automatically restart.
If you still have problems,. Try this suggestion:
Uninstall Hotspot Shield Completely?.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hotspotshield-still-in-local-connection-properties-927250.html
Relevancy 49.02%

i have two HD's, both with XP installed.
The old drive rarely gets used and does not have the problem.
The new drive is the main boot and its the one with the issue.
I have tried a few things that people posted on the net, but it has not helped. The internet does work though.

It stops responding and really slows down the pc. I tried it in safe mode w/ networking and it still locked up.

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
Please Help me to resolve this "ISSUE"

My wireless network Association, tab has changed completely to
Spanish, however, all other tabs remain in English
(authentication, connection). Also on the list of wireless
networks has information in Spanish (see images for details).
Its strange because I've never used Spanish EVER before in
anyway or form on my computer. I also reinstall wireless network
adapter Driver but problem is still There :-(

Please help me
Thanks in Advance
Regards

A:wireless network Properties

Who will help me to resolve this annoying problem!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-properties.980220/
Relevancy 49.02%

i have two HD's, both with XP installed.
The old drive rarely gets used and does not have the problem.
The new drive is the main boot and its the one with the issue.
I have tried a few things that people posted on the net, but it has not helped. The internet does work though.

It stops responding and really slows down the pc. I tried it in safe mode w/ networking and it still locked up.

A:LAN/Wireless properties not responding

What exactly locks up, the computer or your network connections? Any recent changes to the system like hardware installs or new programs?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lan-wireless-properties-not-responding-586989.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hello every one,,,,
I installed windows 10 and this is abest windows,,,
but I when make vpn connection and I want chang ip and dns ,"TCP/IP PROPERTIES ON VPN CONNECTION NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS 10"

this is must work because my vpn put ip and dns
"manual"

regard

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adb3cf2a-366e-44b9-845c-e77944a92b35/properties-button-in-vpn-connection-windows-10-not-working?forum=windowssteadystate
Relevancy 48.59%

We use a lot of VPN PPTP Connections. On most we turn off "Use default gateway on remote network". See the image below that shows where this setting is turned off.

We cannot open the properties for Internet Protocol Version 4 on VPN connections under Windows 10. This is located at Network Connections and Properties of a VPN Connection. Networking Tab, then select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click Properties. But under Win 10 the properties dialog does not open.

This has been tested on several Windows 10 systems and we have enabled Administrator and tested under that login as well.

A:VPN Connection - Cannot open Networking Properties IPv4

I'm having the same issue, have you found a solution yet?

Edit: Found a post that explains how to set the 'use default gateway' setting. SOLUTION | Windows 10 VPN Network Settings Bug

Still can't open the properties, but by using this Powershell command you can set the default gateway setting:

Code:
Set-VpnConnection -Name "VPN-NETWORK-NAME-HERE" -SplitTunneling $True

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/11534-vpn-connection-cannot-open-networking-properties-ipv4.html
Relevancy 48.59%

When I view the properties for any of my connections I just get this If I go to quot Install - gt Protocol quot I get the message quot Could not add the requested component The error is The system cannot find the file specified quot When I tried installing Simple TCP IP Services in quot Add Remove Windows Components - gt Networking quot I got Dialog Properties items Connection in Missing the error quot Could not install the Simple TCP IP Services component because a file or registry entry is missing quot I ve tried updating my network adapter drivers resetting TCP IP using Winsock Fix and running SFC but have had no luck Also I m not sure if this is relevant but if I right click the Internet Connection icon and click Settings I get quot The Internet Connection Sharing computer is not configured to let network users control or disable the shared internet connection Missing items in Connection Properties Dialog quot Can anyone explain what might be causing this behaviour It doesn t seem to be causing any connection problems but I would like to be able to access TCP IP Properties to sort out a static ip I am using XP Home Edition SP nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

This is a fairly new install of Windows 8 pro (within the last month), and while trying to set up a static ip up today I found that I was unable to access the network properties or disable the connection in the Network Connections. I am pretty stumped as I am the only user of this computer and from what I can tell have the correct permissions to do so. When trying to check the properties it tells me "an unexpected error has occurred" with no further information.

Has anyone had this problem and found a fix?

A:Unable to access properties of my network connection.

It sounds like you aren't using an Admin account on this machine.

Under Computer Management, Local Users and Groups>Users, you should see your name there, under the Member Of' Tab, you should be listed at a member of the Administrators and Home Users. You can add the credentials if you aren't.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21814-unable-access-properties-my-network-connection.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have symptoms that I am having trouble getting rid All of them started Network Properties Connection Nowfind, WebSiteViewer, nights WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties ago and I have been trying to get rid of them since then First of all I have something called WebSiteViewer that keeps coming back even after it appears that it has been removed I have read WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties other logs on this forum about it and I have tried some of the advice but with no avail Second when I open a web browser it is going WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties to www nowfind net Third if I click on my Wireless Network Connection properties the window disappers without opening the properties So for so more detailed information on what I know about what is going on The WebSiteViewer has installed in C Program Files WebSiteViewer There are five files in that directory ban dd dlr exe and ico There is also a shortcut on my desktop and a shortcut on my Start Menu for the exe There is also a misb exe file in my root directory C that I believe is related as it has the same icon There is a process with an image name of dlr running I started out by manually deleting all of this stuff and manually shutting down the process I have also tried Spybot and Adware Both of these programs also found the WebSiteViewer stuff listed above as well as a few registry keys dealing with them They both seemed to remove everything however after a reboot everything comes back So somewhere there is something still living that reinstalls everything once I reboot The www nowfind net problem I initially tried just setting my default URL back to blank as I had it Which it accepts but then the next time I open a browser it is back If I type a URL without the preceding http then it automatically goes to www nowfind net however if I fully qualify the URL with http then it goes where I expect In the registry for HCU and HLM under Microsoft- gt Internet Explorer there are a number of entries that have the www nowfind net URL including Search and SearchURL Then under Main still under Internet Explorer there are Default Page URL Default Search URL Search Bar Search Page and Start Page And then under Search in CustomizeSearch and SearchAssistant I have tried deleting all of these registry entries manually However they come right back even without a reboot I can delete them then just refresh and they are right back So here again something is running that puts them back If I view my available Wireless Network Connections then hit the advanced tab then select my network and hit configure or properties then the window just disappears instead of opening the properties The last thing that I should mention is that I have also run CWShredder and TrendMicros virus scan the web version that is available from a link that I found somewhere in thisforum I am running XP and I also am running an outdated version of McAfee that came free on my computer Now I have never run HijackThis before I simply downloaded it and ran it I ran it while all of symptoms above were present as I stated AdWare and Spybot will remove the WebSiteViewer comes back after a reboot and the www nowfind net comes back right away I also read somewhere on the forum to use the KRC HijackThisAnalyzer so here is the result txt from it Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Security Programs Detected c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - Service McAfee com McShield McShield - Unknown owner - c... Read more

A:WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem a.s.a.p

Please be patient with me during this time.

...A Reflection On Spyware...

Mr. Incredible: No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

...greyknight17 DOT com...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/websiteviewer-nowfind-network-connection-properties-42318.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Local area connection Properties are completely blank. No TCPIP, no Microsoft client, nothing. Can't add anything because it returns an error:
"Could not add the requested componet. The error is: The system connot find the file specified."

Cannot uninstall NIC. Returns error unable to uninstall
Cannot install a second NIC
Cannot install undated drivers
Cannot install any new windows networking services

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-properties-blank.900883/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Everyone I m trying to set up a home network between two computers Computer no has direct access to the internet via a modem connected using an ethernet cable computer no is the client computer which i want to connect to computer no so both computers have internet access I ve done this before but I ve encountered a message which is probably what is causing an error to occur when i run the network config wizard When I right click on the local Properties... Area Local Advanced Connection area connection icon and go to properties then go to advanced a message is displayed saying that i need to perform a system restore due to windows not being able to display the properties of the connection It then says that the WMI Windows Management Instrementation information has been altered modified I can t type out the message word-for-word due to it being in portuguese Normally this is where I would check a box to Local Area Connection Advanced Properties... allow other network users to connect through the computer s internet connection Can anyone explain to me why this message is being shown and how I may go about fixing this problem Thanks for your time - Tony nbsp

A:Local Area Connection Advanced Properties...

First off, why not use a broadband router? They're cheap, and they do this job MUCH better than ICS. If you must use ICS, try this repair first.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-advanced-properties.593809/
Relevancy 48.59%

Greetings everyone I have a problume with XP PRo Local Area Connection Properties not responding. When I Right Click on my network Paces go to properties..then right clisk on Local Area Connection go to properties.. I get the window Local Area Connection Properties up but nothing is displayed in the window. After a few it times out with Not responding. Any help.
Thank you

A:XP Local Area Connection Properties Missing

reinstall, have you just installed sp2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-local-area-connection-properties-missing-12354.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi

How do I disable local area Connection properties for a standard use and for an administrator on a pc, users on my network keep changing the network adapter settings to allow them to have access to the internet. The users are a little tech savvy so by setting the adapter settings and just leaving out the default gateway and dns server address has not helped. I need to go deeper into windows network configuration to find a way to block them or find another way to prevent internet access. None of the users have email so they do not need access to mail either.

Thank you

A:How do I disable local area Connection properties

Tried Group Policy yet?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371260-how-do-i-disable-local-area-connection-properties.html
Relevancy 48.59%

This is a good one!
Local area connection Properties are completely blank. No TCPIP, no Microsoft client, nothing. Can't add anything because it returns an error:
"Could not add the requested componet. The error is: The system connot find the file specified."

Cannot uninstall NIC. Returns error unable to uninstall
Cannot install a second NIC
Cannot install undated drivers
Cannot install any new windows networking services

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-properties-blank.541764/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have up until a few days ago been able to modify and save my network properties ok I connected a new DisplayLink USB docking station that lead to an update of some sort I believed this to be 8 Not Properties Saving Network Connection Windows to do with associated drivers I Windows 8 Network Connection Properties Not Saving let this go ahead and it may well have nothing to do with the problems I have been having First of all I couldn't even see the IP parameters and kept getting an error as follows quot In Order to Configure TCP IP You Must Install and Enable a Network Adapter Card quot The wired and wireless was working in environments where I could use DHCP so I was confident the hardware was ok Uninstalling the drivers and then updating them has got me passed this problem so I can see and edit the IP parameters However now they are never saved I edit them close the window re-edit them and they are back to automatic settings I need to use static settings in the office So far as I can see there are possibilities I don't have permissions to save these settings wherever they are stored But I have administrator permissions Where are the settings stored I have saved them before How can I get access to be able to save them again Something else is overwriting the settings How do I find out what and stop it Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated Or a way to diagnose solve my problem Thanks in advance Steve

A:Windows 8 Network Connection Properties Not Saving

Have you tried running a system file corruption scan/repair using the sfc /scannow command?

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32329-windows-8-network-connection-properties-not-saving.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I log onto my computer and disruption 1394 internet properties connection and shortly after this I could not access the internet through internet explorer The internet explorer pages would say I was disconnected but I have broadband and am always connected I had a similar problem with this previously internet disruption and 1394 connection properties when I would use yahoo messenger I would be disconnected from the internet and yahoo at the same time but I could shut down my internet connection for a few seconds and then it would let me back on prior to figuring that simpler solution I had to uninstall yahoo messenger and reload it to access yahoo again and had to reboot my computer to gain internet access again At present it would not allow me to use internet explorer shortly after I logged onto my computer so internet disruption and 1394 connection properties just fishing around my computer I found the connection properties page it internet disruption and 1394 connection properties was connected and firewalled along with my local connection why I need two connections I don t know thats just the way I found it anyway when I went under the advanced tap I noticed that the quot Allow other network users to control or disable the shared internet connection quot was checked and I couldn t uncheck it until I st checked it had been unchecked when I found it the above box that reads quot Allow other network users to connect through this computers internet connection quot I m not on a network this is just my home computer now since I have disabled the connection and the box that I started earlier that was checked I haven t had any trouble with getting on the net anymore Oh also when my computer boots up after I enter my password it takes me to an all black screen with a cursor that flashes for awhile them windows will start up and it says my antivirus is disabled for awhile at start up then it shows it on after awhile I should say that I have had a hacker in the past I suspected I did and after trying to get him out for along time and doing I think its called low level formates or something with the helps of some techs to erase my hard drive and start over clean after I tried to do this my home page on internet explorer would have the same address as it always would and others could use the address and get the correct page if I copied and pasted it to them but all mine homepage would be was a blank white screen that said quot Are you trying to test me quot I have not gotten any messages since although there was another time not too long ago it my homepage turned all white again with no message and for awhile I would be booted whenever I talked to a guy on yahoo and I don t have to be in chat for that to happen although that hasn t happened for awhile now I am booted off yahoo several times a day just when its on and not in chat I guess I m asking should I be concerned that someone is messing around with my computer again he never hurt it when he was in there before but the fact that it seems personal at times concerns me somewhat if it was some random act of hacking or something like that I think I would be less concerned oh I guess I should also say that I have two poetry pages one is public and the other one is not and a friend at work was accessing one of them and the computer system at work went crazy saying there was a hlmt exploit virus on both sites and I guess this is put there by someone who has access to the sites and allows a back door to their computers if they access the page that was about a year ago and when I looked up the alert is says it was used rarely but could be very harmful cuz it allowed access and then I sent off the info to microsoft so they would know Am I just being paranoid or do I have reason to be nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disruption-and-1394-connection-properties.558245/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I have the linksys WMP300N wireless card on Win7 32bit. Anyway in the linksys properties there is no power management tab.. I want to uncheck the box that let's windows power down the device. But without the tab I can't. I know it is probably a driver issue for the WMP300N doesn't have the best driver support for win 7 but it works. Anyway was wondering if anyone knew of another way I could access the power management other then wireless properties.. Maybe through the registry?

Any help would be great

Thanks
Boardgame

A:No Power Management tab in Wireless Properties

That means that the device driver doesnt have the feature implemented, nothing you can do.

You can try going into "power options" in the control panel and seeing if you have the option there, but thats the only other place i can think of.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/47281-no-power-management-tab-wireless-properties.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless network. In Windows 7 you used to be able to get to it for existing wireless networks that I had previously connected to. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it? Many thanks

A:Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Settings app > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage known networks. Select a network, click Properties

Wireless Network Profiles - See in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70127-where-wireless-network-properties-window-w7.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Missing Remote Desktop Dialog Box in System Properties Running Under Windows 10 But I Can Still See Remote Assistance Dialog Box. What should I have to do ??

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/00e8491b-1d56-4bde-8c4f-a299333884da/missing-remote-dekstop-connection-in-system-properties?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello This issue already happened in Consumer Preview of Windows but after installing the Release Preview I still see this I have a WeTab GB tablet to run Windows After installing Windows CP I had to install Mobile Partner software in order to connect connect up 3G dial changed/no automatic connection properties to G After connecting once the connection showed up in the quot Networks quot part of the quot Settings quot charm Is was shown as a broadband connection Tapping it once enabled me to connect and check the box to connect automatically If I choose the quot Properties quot I was able to set it as a metered connection This all happened in the Metro UI 3G dial up connection properties changed/no automatic connect If I went to the quot Wireless quot tab of the quot PC Settings quot the connection was showing up as quot Mobile Broadband quot device For some reason I am not sure what changed at some point I don't see the connection in the quot Wireless quot tab of the quot PC settings quot anymore Next to that the icon in the quot Networks quot charm has changed it shows a phone Tapping it once only enables me to connect Tap and hold to view the connection properties sends me to the classic Windows desktop where a classic properties screen is being displayed I am not able to select to connect automatically I was hoping this would have changed after installing the Release Preview But after doing so and installing the Mobile Partner software it automatically included my settings So I still have this issue How can I change this back Thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/6540-3g-dial-up-connection-properties-changed-no-automatic-connect.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Team,

I have a problem with my Local Area Connection. I have installed the driver correctly and can access the internet also. But when I go to Open Network and sharing center -> change adapter setting -> I can not see Local Area Connection icon appear. My OS is windows 7, HP System.

A:Local area connection is not showing in network properties

Welcome to Seven forums mail.

Can you please post a picture of Device manager and a picture in the adapter settings where your local area connection should be?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/331350-local-area-connection-not-showing-network-properties.html
Relevancy 48.16%

The wireless network properties box is missing. I have a Satellite pro 4600 with Linksys card for wireless and every thing worked once before. I replaced the hard drive with a new one and rebuilt the system. After installing the Cisco PEAP supplicant software to be able to logon at the college the box is now missing. I've tracked the problem to the PEAP software overwriting files on Win2000 sp4.
Or so the masters at M/S claim. Their advice was to reinstall Sp4. This didn't work. All of the information I have for configuring wireless cards for Win2000 show this box and it was there the firt time I set up the system. I have reformatted the hard drive twice then Installed Win2000 pro and the Sp3 and Sp4 using two different Install cds. I did not install the PEAP supplicant and still no box.

Thanks Rezehk

A:Win2000 pro wireless network properties box missing

Did you install ALL the motherboard drivers for the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2000-pro-wireless-network-properties-box-missing.311041/
Relevancy 48.16%

I've just replaced my Microsoft Desktop wired with the Microsoft Desktop wireless the keyboard has no problems but every time I start up the computer the mouse scroll speed is like lightning unusably fast and I have to go into control panel properties wireless remembered/activated being not mouse mouse but I don't wireless mouse properties not being remembered/activated have to change anything --once I've loaded that device properties window the settings kick in and the mouse begins to work normally with one exception--sometimes I'm not yet sure of exactly when the wheel-click properties also don't work e g I get an ineffectual 'ding' noise when trying to open a new tab in firefox with middle-click even though the settings show it should be set for 'default behavior' after a restart and control panel window it will start responding normally bafflingly being both Microsoft products I'm a little surprised it's having this problem this has been going on since I bought it a week ago no amount of shut downs or restarts or changing mouse properties has changed its failure to activate the properties accordingly on start-up any ideas would be appreciated thanks

A:wireless mouse properties not being remembered/activated

Mate as a general ruel I don't like Microsoft mice full stop keyboards fine. Did you get installing the mouse software message when you first plugged it in? if not then you might try checking is the driver is up to date in the Device Manager or you could try here

Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse: Wireless Keyboard 800 | Microsoft Hardware

If this doesn't work then I would go for a Logitec mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/280198-wireless-mouse-properties-not-being-remembered-activated.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Every time I sign into my windows account at wireless 8 cannot pw. or save access Windows properties home it never automatically connects to it I tried following the tutorial at http www jmu edu computing desktop s-Windows pdf However when I get up to the part where you are support to right click on the wifi connection to access view connection properties I am unable to Right clicking on the wireless connection does absolutely nothing I even tried clicking on it and holding and still nothing When I go to the network and sharing center and click Windows 8 cannot access wireless properties or save pw. on the wireless connection it pops up a dialogue called wi-fi status However there is no button for wireless properties I remember in windows there use to be a tab where you change the key encryption type and there was a check box where you can save the password Essentially I can't access the dialog box in page of the above link I have spent numerous hours trying to figure this out Any help greatly appreciated

A:Windows 8 cannot access wireless properties or save pw.

It sounds like your version of Windows 8 is missing something or maybe just some files are missing, hard to say why this problem would occur.

You might try running the sfc/scannow command to see if there are any missing files.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16606-windows-8-cannot-access-wireless-properties-save-pw.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Norton Internet Security 2007 stopped working, all internet connections are gone. I must have been hit with a virus but I don't know how. My computer was downloading from E-Mule. I have xp with service pack 2.
I cannot even make a internet connection with the Internet Wizzard. When I use it nothing shows up at the end. I have DSL. I just registered so I am new at this, thanks Dennis

A:All Internet connection disappeared

Hey Dclempa,

Try this:
Go to start then click run.
Type: Services.msc
Now a list of services should be visible, we only want to look at a couple of important ones though.
Firstly look for: Remote Access Connection Manager and see if it is started or not.
If it's not started right click it, then click properties. Click the start button it is beside the Stop button and then set the startup type to Automatic.

Then try your DSL connection now.

Hope this was of some help to your problem.

Kind Regards,

Dwayne, C.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/all-internet-connection-disappeared-193960.html
Relevancy 47.73%

hi
on a wwindows 7 machine the local area connection tcp ip v4 properties button is greyed out.
i have logged in as admininstrator .
it is also greyed out if i login with another account ..

i also get the following error

Quote:
There are not protocols installed or enabled. You must install and enable at least one protocol for this connection to work. Do you want to select a protocol now?

for refrence i have attached picture from a working computer. just to illustrate the problem.

please help

A:windows 7 local area connection ipv4 properties greyed out

So have you tried the Install button?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/328719-windows-7-local-area-connection-ipv4-properties-greyed-out.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I was on my wireless Internet and it disconnected I troubleshooted but it says to plug in my Ethernet cable in. I look under manage wireless connection but it says to enable it. But I have no clue how to enable it. There's no mannually connect or create a wireless connect it's all gone.

A:Everything to do with wireless disappeared

Hi.

Has the little symbol in your notification area disappeared?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/68249-everything-do-wireless-disappeared.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a HP Pavilion tx1000 tablet PC which runs on Windows Vista Home Premium. The processor is AMD Turion 64. I have preinstalled Broadcom 801.11 Wireless LAN on my laptop which was working fine. One day my wireless suddenly disappeared and it is nowhere to be seen. The ipconfig/all doesnot show any wireless connection. My device manager does not show it. My device manager only shows "Broadcom 802.11a/b/g WLAN-AVSNDISIM Miniport" but no wireless lan adapter. My Network Connections does not show "manage wireless connections" and only shows "manage network connections". The wireless switch is on and is blue. I ran the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and it shows no adapters available, even though the Boradcom LAN adapter is very much there on my laptop. My other laptops and desktops are able to connect wireless except for this one. Kindly help.

Relevancy 47.3%

My laptop was fine at school giving me service I get home and it didn't work so I left it alone and the next day my friend went to network restart and the wifi showed up and it was working fine. After using it I turned it off and it was the same thing as when I got home. I went to Best Buy and they are charging me 40 but I know I can figure something out on my own then wasting money. I need it to work so bad and I don't have more than a month with it

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-disappeared/td-p/5797018
Relevancy 47.3%

Is there a freeware program to view WZC profile information from the command line? I found one that allows you to display the profiles themselves, however to display the profile properties I haven't found one.

I could also use direct registry edits if I had to, using the reg command. The problem being, that it would appear that the information is stored in binary format, which I've got no idea how to even manually pull the profile name from. The only thing that information seems to give me, is the abillity to later manipulate the order of the networks, that is maybe. I don't need that part yet, but will later on. I guess, since viewing the profiles is so slow, direct registry edits "might" be preffered. This is WZC I'm concerned about, not any third party utillities. I'm using Windows XP, and it's SP2 or later.

A:View Wireless Network Properties from the Command Line

Researching further, it looks like nobody knows how to pull the information from the registry. I've got Windows XP, so netsh wlan won't work. It looks like this is leaving me now with 2 solutions to get some of this information.

Solution 1: Use some kind of programming API to get the information and display it from the command line. I've therefore heard that there seems to be an interface called the WZC native API. If that's true, how would you use it in AutoIt or in a BATCH file or in a VBScript? I've never used anything like it before, so I need detailed explanations of what the code does, except for that doesn't mean I need to know all the internals of every function. But I need to know how to use it. I know BATCH files well, but I don't really know the full VBScript or AutoIt languages, though I can make some of it's code out anyway.

Solution 2: Somehow maybe use AutoIt in another way to read the properties from the dialog box. I know from research that this is probably possible, but I don't know how to do it. And what I need to do, is hide all that visible clicking going on, even if I'm doing some clicking. That is - hide it from the end user. It's nice to see it moving on the screen, but I'd rather not see it if I were the end user, in this case.

Now keep in mind, that at this point, all I'm trying to implement in these programs, is a way to do exactly what you can already do in Windows XP by default (but it has to be compatible with Windows XP Home, Pro, and MCE), except for from the command line. This is just one small part of a larger picture. I'll then be able to use that command in my other parts of my code that I need it in. So my general rule that I need to follow, is if you can't do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you can't do it in this program. If you CAN do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you CAN do it in this program. But everything is from the command line, in the end result. If Windows XP already provides a command line, which in this case it doesn't, I should use it. If that's not possible, I should use the registry, but I guess that's not possible if nobody knows how. If that's not possible, I guess I'll try to use a VBScript, and if that's not possible, I'll try to use AutoIt. But the end result is a command line program.

I hope this starts to get me down the right track. It took this weekend to find this information so far.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/view-wireless-network-properties-from-the-command-line.774772/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am trying to reserve an IP for my computer but when I went to the Connection with issue protocols, missing and services Network Properties clients, properties of my wireless network connection the connection properties window is Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing missing everything except for Client for Microsoft Networks Even the connect using field has nothing Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing in it The wireless connection is working but I can t get to the TCP IP protocol to reserve the IP instead of using DHCP Here is an image of the issue An screen cap of my wireless network connection properties can be seen here http i photobucket com albums hh gremmie untitled jpg Has anyone ever seen this Any ideas to fix it Thanks for any info EDIT I forgot to mention that when I click the install button and click either client service or protocol I get an error message that says quot Could not add the requested component The error is The system cannot find the file specified quot so I can t reinstall the TCP IP Protocol to reserve the IP nbsp

A:Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing

Click on install then choose protocol then add and see....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-properties-issue-with-protocols-clients-and-services-missing.692118/
Relevancy 47.3%

In our office we have 2 XP Home, 1 W2k, and one ME computer. Suddenly one of the XP's and the ME just do not want to find the Internet.

I have run "ipconfig -all" on each and each returns their dns server ip #''s and their own ip #'s (10.0.0.4 in one case, and 192.168.0.? [can't remember], and if I recall correctly the ip # of the default gateway, but not much else. When I get to the office, I can correct or supplement this, but want to get a dialogue started.

BTW, the 4 computers do not talk to each other, they just share the lan for Internet access.

What steps should I take to figure out why they have stopped communicating with the Internet?

A:Internet connection has disappeared on 2 of 4 computers?

"find the internet" means what?

Can you ping the gateway? Can you resolve names? Can you ping stuff on the net?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-has-disappeared-on-2-of-4-computers.31357/
Relevancy 47.3%

Friends I really need help from the developed world as I am residing in Zimbabwe and have no support here I bought a new Dell Inspiron with Windows Vista Business edition All worked a Setting connection disappeared dial-up up fine with Network W-lan and Dial-up connections I had some problems when I gave admistrator rights to a profile I roled the system back to a previous version Setting up a dial-up connection disappeared As I result I could work again with all the programs the network e-mail and internet However I wanted to dial in Setting up a dial-up connection disappeared with my modem and the command quot connect to quot did not find the dial-up connection any more Setting up a dial-up connection disappeared Through quot setup connection or network quot I tried to install a new dial-up connection but got an error message quot Windows could not detect a dial-up modem quot quot is the modem connected is the modem switched on quot quot Set-up a connection anyways quot will not help and solve the problem I tried it all I checked the modem in the device manager The modem is correctly installed and works properly I can also run the diagnosis of the modem in the device manager and it shows that it works So I am more or less conviced that there is no hardware problem but a vista problem How do I get the dial-up back I need the connection urgently as networks are rare in Southern Africa and we have to go through old-fashioned dial-ups Could you help me If you need further clarification I can give Many many thanks Cthierfelder nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-a-dial-up-connection-disappeared.757153/
Relevancy 47.3%

I was using my computer, when suddenly my Internet connection dropped. I tried reconnecting it, but it didn't work. The network icon on the taskbar disappeared. I went to Network Connections, and my connection wasn't there. I couldn't get the connection back. I've scanned my computer for viruses, but nothing came up. Please help!

Relevancy 47.3%

on my other computer, when I navigate to control panel, network connections, there is only a blank window..the icon has disappeared. When I go into device manager it says my network card is there and working fine, there is no yellow exclamation mark...I can open command and release/renew and get response...I can ping google and it responds, but IE wont work. Any suggestions? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the network card and it's drivers...nothing.

A:network connection icon disappeared!

Open a Command Prompt and type each of the following lines and depress Enter:

regsvr32 netshell.dll
regsvr32 netcfgx.dll
regsvr32 netman.dll

Then reboot. If that does not fix the problem, see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825826&Product=winxp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-icon-disappeared.529015/
Relevancy 47.3%

A couple nights ago I went into my netgear router using the admin and password like I connection internet disappeared? Main ve always done I set a static IP and Main internet connection disappeared? port forwarded a couple ports to help with some connectivity issues with a PC game Ironically Main internet connection disappeared? enough the minute I pressed save changes the connection dropped from every computer and the xbox Past couple days I ve tried getting the network back figured out it somehow became an Ad Hoc network I uninstalled all the linksys network adapters from the computers turned off the modem and the router After that I reset the router back to factory defauls and tried to set the network back up Nothing has worked the router won t show up even though it says the PCs are connected The only connection that works is some random linksys mbps I somehow set up modem - motorola sb router - netgear WGR v adapters - linksys wusb gs all I need is the ability to get back into the and Main internet connection disappeared? I think I ll be fine but nothing I ve tried the past few days has worked nbsp

A:Main internet connection disappeared?

I understand that you have a problem or two, but I'm not sure what it is. The Netgear router is now at factory default settings? You connect a PC to it via ethernet and you do or do not get assigned a good IP configuration?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/main-internet-connection-disappeared.737701/
Relevancy 47.3%

About a month ago my internet connection stopped working on my main PC--an HP Pavilion A n Did the usual--rebooted the PC rebooted the router rebooted the modem NIC wired No connection... internet has disappeared? Still nothing Other NIC has disappeared? No wired internet connection... wireless connections in the house were working fine Bypassed the router and plugged directly into the modem No change Tried a different cable No change Went into device manager and discovered my adapter--Realtek --was not even listed Then I saw an icon in system tray indicating driver installation had failed went to the Realtek site got the latest driver package Still no change Went and bought a new NIC the name escapes me as I'm at work now Also not recognized by my PC And by the way the green light at the ethernet port for the new card is a steady green glow Am now using a Belkin wireless-G adapter which seems to work most of the time However--and this may be related to the above issue--it's not uncommon for me to come home at the end of the day and see that my internet connection has disappeared I either have to reinstall the driver software or reboot the PC WTF Bad motherboard Any suggestions welcome

A:NIC has disappeared? No wired internet connection...

Quote: Originally Posted by adambravo

About a month ago, my internet connection stopped working on my main PC--an HP Pavilion A450n. Did the usual--rebooted the PC, rebooted the router, rebooted the modem. Still nothing. Other wireless connections in the house were working fine. Bypassed the router and plugged directly into the modem. No change. Tried a different cable. No change.
Went into device manager, and discovered my adapter--Realtek 8187--was not even listed. Then I saw an icon in system tray indicating driver installation had failed; went to the Realtek site, got the latest driver package. Still no change. Went and bought a new NIC (the name escapes me, as I'm at work now). Also not recognized by my PC. And, by the way, the green light at the ethernet port (for the new card) is a steady green glow.
Am now using a Belkin wireless-G adapter, which seems to work most of the time. However--and this may be related to the above issue--it's not uncommon for me to come home at the end of the day and see that my internet connection has disappeared. I either have to reinstall the driver software or reboot the PC.
WTF? Bad motherboard? Any suggestions welcome...

Does it have this problem when booted into safe mode (F8) with networking?

Are you using "homegroup" for networking?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/77202-nic-has-disappeared-no-wired-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I was using my laptop as a hotspot.was encountering some problems so decided to disable the LOCAL AREA CONNECTION and enable it.But once I disabled it, it just disappeared into thin air!!!I cant find it under network adapters and there seems to be no problem with my drivers. Attached screenshots of the same. Please help!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-disappeared.1156012/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey, how are you?

So I'm trying to connect to the internet via wireless. I have this sheet that tells me step-by-step instructions on how to do this (connect to my work network). The problem is that when I right-click on 'Wireless Network Connection,' only the Networking and Sharing are the only options that show up. I need the 'General' 'Wireless Networks' 'Advanced' tabs to continue my set-up. Am I clicking on the wrong thing? This also happens with my 'Local Area Connection'.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/214925-missing-general-wireless-networks-advanced-tabs-properties.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1, on an HP G60-120US laptop.  I have an Atheros AR5009 wireless adapter.
I have no problems with internet access.  However, in Network and Sharing Center I left click on "change adapter settings", right click on Wireless Network Connection, and then left click on Properties I get an error box that says "An unexpected error occurred."  I tried to do a clean boot using MSCONFIG but that did not work.  I tried to uncheck the "Load startup items" box but after restarting it was shaded solid again.  I then tried to check the "Diagnostic Startup" radio button and then click on "apply" but it jumps right back to selective startup.  Can you please help me clean my laptop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603920/cant-change-wireless-adapter-properties-in-network-connections-windows-7/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a d-link DWA wireless network adapter on my PC I have used it Win Wireless 8 option disappeared on this PC with win and win Few months back I noticed that the wireless was much slower than the ethernet cable Since I didn't have much time then I started using the cable and probably deleted the wireless adapter under 'Network connections' Now I want to use wireless again But surprisingly the 'wireless' option has disappeared from my PC The device manager shows an exclamation mark near the wireless adapter Here are things I tried - I have uninstalled this adapter - Reinstalled the driver with the Win 8 Wireless option disappeared CD which came with the device No change - Uninstalled again and reinstalled with the latest drivers from d-link website Still no change What should I do I have attached a screenshot of my device manager I think this is the reason why the wireless option has disappeared from my PC Another screenshot showing this message This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code

A:Win 8 Wireless option disappeared

In the device properties this message shows up: "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12) If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."
Is there a conflict between my network adapter and another device?
How can I solve it?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/60893-win-8-wireless-option-disappeared.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a very odd issue I went over just Wireless internet disappeared! to a friend s house to set their Playstation up on their wireless network They have a dsl modem with a linksys WRT G ver wireless router One desktop is connected through the router via ethernet and they have two laptops Anyway I connected to their wireless network with the PS and it said it was successful However I could not access the web on it At that point everyone in the house said the internet just went down on both laptops and the desktop I unplugged replugged the power from the modem and router This got the ethernet working again The laptops could not still see the wireless network so I rebooted them After that they could see and Wireless internet just disappeared! connect even receiving an IP However they could not connect to the internet I can ping the router fine and the desktop via ethernet works perfect I ended up pressing the router s reset button and that did nothing Then i ran the setup cd However that kept asking for a password at the end of the setup My friend does not know the password and I always thought that the whole point of running the setup cd was to reset all of that So basically the setup cd was useless At this point I figured that the configuration on the router must be messed up So i took my wireless router from my house which has been working fine and switched it out with my friend s linksys SAME PROBLEM Laptops see the network can connect but no internet Ethernet of course works on the desktop Now to have the same issue with two routers I figured it must be a DSL modem issue although it was odd ethernet worked i tried ethernet both throught the router and straight from the modem - works both ways I called ATT and they could not see anything wrong WHAT AM I MISSING How could connecting the PS just kill the wireless DHCP is enabled and is handing out normal IPs Tried it with without WEP encryption My router has no security or firewalls enabled One laptop has XP the other Vista Ideas nbsp

A:Wireless internet just disappeared!

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-just-disappeared.772444/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I m missing my wireless icon inside the network connections folder Few nights ago I was playing an online game on wireless connection on my laptop when suddenly I got disconnected When I checked my whole wireless connection had disappeared Not really caring much then since I thought disappeared Icon Wireless I ll be able to fix it with a simple restart I just went on playing the game Wireless Icon disappeared directly connected I ve tried doing a system restore point to go back to last week s time but it didn t work When I run ipconfig all or go to my device manager- gt network adapters it only shows my LAN adapter However when I try to reinstall the driver it tells me that the adapter has already been installed and nothing else happens I ve also tried turning the wireless switch on the laptop on and off Here s the system specs Sony Vaio VGN-NR E Windows XP SP ghz Intel dual-core gb of ram The wireless network is built in nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I woke up this morning and found out my computer installed a vista update. For some reason this caused my wireless adapter to disappear. It is no longer listed in device manager and the wireless switch only seems to affect the bluetooth.
I did discover that the wireless adapter was disabled in BIOS. I enabled it, but this did not help.
Any ideas?

Relevancy 46.87%

Last night I was using my rl70 wirelessly. Today I can't connect wirelessly but can wit an ethernet cable. Absolutely no sign of being able to connect wirelessly. Help !!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/RL70-Wireless-disappeared/td-p/420641
Relevancy 46.87%

OK Let me start by saying that I am not able to get online on my computer so I am writing this thread on a friend's computer in hopes that SOMEBODY can help me days ago I was able to get online and everything on my computer worked fine Yesterday I turned on my computer and its like everything that was wireless related has disappeared from my laptop I have an HP Pavilion Entertainment notebook DV I believe is the model I have checked the device manager an no wireless hardware is even listed now The From Everything Disappeared Computer Wireless My Has icon that usually pops up in the system tray is also no longer there When I go to network connections there is no wireless connection present I am totally clueless as to what happened and Everything Wireless Has Disappeared From My Computer how to fix this problem I have the wireless switch on my laptop switched to on so that is definitely not the problem If somebody could please help me with this I would be very grateful Since I cannot get online on my computer I will be checking this thread every couple of days for the next week or so Anyone who would like to include their opinion here Everything Wireless Has Disappeared From My Computer please do THANKS IN ADVANCE

A:Everything Wireless Has Disappeared From My Computer

Why don't you plug in wired to get online? Anyways, Boot into the Bios and make sure that Wireless is Enabled. Then Go to HP Support Web site and download the chipset and Wireless Drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/everything-wireless-has-disappeared-from-my-computer-416345.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Its actually my fault it didnt disappear by itself. For whatever stupid reason in the Network Connections window on my HP laptop i decided to bridge my wired and wireless connections. Both were working fine at that time. Well i highlighted both and clicked bridge. Both stopped working. After quite a few futile efforts to un-bridge them I figured I'll delete them in Control Panel and they will just come back when I reboot. They did but only in the Control Panel. In Network Connections window only the ethernet connection came back the wireless didnt even though device manager says all is working fine.

I tried reinstalling the drivers. Several different ones and still the wireless connection is missing in the Network Connections window. The wireless adapter is Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn. Suggestions pleaseeeee!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/wireless-network-disappeared-1154481.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Last night I was using my rl70 wirelessly. Today I can't connect wirelessly but can wit an ethernet cable. Absolutely no sign of being able to connect wirelessly. Help !!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/RL70-Wireless-disappeared/td-p/420641/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.87%

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/RL70-Wireless-disappeared/m-p/420641
Relevancy 46.87%

hi, I've been using 2 or 3 different wireless connections at uni, home and in the city...no problems. Then yesterday the little wireless network icon disappeared from the bottom right of the screen. There is no wireless symbol in Network connections either and my HP Wireless Assitant only shows Bluetooth - WLAN has disappeared.

I tried removing updates from the last 3 days and reset my computer to 3 days ago but still no wireless system is showning. Any help would be much appreciated.

jono

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,
I'm running vista and up until last week wasnt having any problems with my wireless connection. Now all of a sudden windows cannot find the wireless network adapter and as a result my wireless doesn't work. It doesnt show any available networks, doesn't even show me a wireless network icon in the network and sharing center.
Any ideas on what exactly is wrong?
Thanks.

Relevancy 46.87%

Medel HP Pavilion g - c caHi A fea days Wireless has adapter disappeared ago I did format my hard driver Before formatting there was no any Wireless adapter has disappeared trouble with internet function Bote Wifi and wire internet were working well After formetting I installed Windows and downloaded all of support drivers from HP site Except LAN drivers and Bluetooth others drivers were instralled succeefully Especially when I was installing Atheros Driver Installation program I saw a pop-up message and it meant a b g n Wireless Adapter Device Not Found The device may not be present or could have been eject unplugged from the system I can't make a sense because I used wifi service a few hours ago before formatting my laptop and got a message that wifi device have been ejected unplugged I didn't open cover and keyboard and didn't touch anything physically CAn you show me a solution from this trouble or Do I have to go to Bestbuy to solve this trouble Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-adapter-has-disappeared/td-p/5795569
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey So I am having some internet problems I am not able to connect using my Windows PC but it is working fine on to and disappeared AVG wireless let not connect me will my Vista laptop The only way I can get it to work on my PC is by changing the router security to WEP or OPEN One other thing I noticed is my AVG has disappeared it is still installed on my PC and it appears under Uninstall or Change AVG disappeared and will not let me connect to wireless a Program but I am unable to open it up I tried using the official AVG disappeared and will not let me connect to wireless AVG removal tool but that too does not work as it just crashes my PC I created a thread under Network and Sharing and was told the most like issue is the AVG software which I am unable to remove I installed BullGuard AV and did a scan nothing was found The original thread can be found here Cannot connect on Windows Vista working fine So any ideas on what I can do to get things working back to normal

A:AVG disappeared and will not let me connect to wireless

Hi envy lets start with DDS

Note
Run this tool on the laptop with the issue

Double click the dds icon to run the tool.
Place a check next to attact.txt and click Start . When done, DDS will open two logs
DDS.txt
Attach.txt
Save two logs onto your desktop and upload them with your reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/284252-avg-disappeared-will-not-let-me-connect-wireless.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Wireless ability DISAPPEARED!
The strangest thing... I always was able to get online wirelessly connecting to a router, and now that ability is gone. Suddenly, the icon in my system tray is gone, and when I go to system in the control panels, there is no icon there for wireless. So I figured it's a driver issue - so I downloaded the appropriate driver from the Samsung website (REALTEK) and despite restarting, and checking - nothing. I cannot even detect wireless. Please help!!!!

I posted this on another forum and TekTime asked me this:
1.) What operating system are you running? ---> Windows XP Home Edition
2.) What is the make and model of your computer? ---> Samsung N120 (Notebook)
3.) Does the wireless network adapter show up in "Device Manager"? ---> No
4.) This post will be better served in the Networking forum.---> Thanks, I posted here

http://forums.techguy.org/53-networking/

Relevancy 46.87%

i have a inspiron 6400 using windows xp. for some reason my computer is no longer showing i have a wireless card. this didn't occur to me until last night when i was installing a new router. my network connections shows no wireless configuration but it does show it in the programs. what could be the problem and how can i fix it?

Relevancy 46.87%

HP Laptop 2125nr, XP SP3, completely updated...

Everything involving the integrated wireless adapter & its drivers have vanished. The hardware profile (Device Mgr) is displaying as if it never existed.

Installing fresh copies of the adapter & drivers from the HP website didn't work, the lap is thinking that there's nothing to install.

Rolling back service pack 3 didn't work as well.

I've also did an online scan of the hardware, found & unidentified - no luck.

Any ideas? Please?

A:Wireless 'Everything' Disappeared off Laptop

hi

the hardware is kaput...if its seperate replace it, if its onboard then its time for a new motherboard.

or

its been turned off in the BIOS, have a look ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-everything-disappeared-off-laptop.137587/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi - I have a Dell Lattitude D820 laptop on a home wireless network. My only other computer is connected directly to the Comcast cable for internet. Suddenly I lost internet on the laptop today. I can get on via an unsecured network in the available networks list but my network doesn't show up on that list. I can see all of the neighbors networks as well as the Linksys unsecured network that I'm online with now. I have a Linksys router. I've unplugged it to reset it but no luck. I think this is a router problem so any idea what happened to my home network and how do I get it to show up in the list of available networks? I've shut the computer down and restarted several times. As mentioned, I'm online now so I don't think it's anything to do with the drivers, etc. on the laptop. Thanks!

Relevancy 46.44%

Not sure I'm posting this in the correct forum, but I am running W7.

It started out this afternoon with the internet connection going out, for me, but not the rest of the household. The bars on bottom right had a yellow icon over it. It did however show that the network was connected to the internet.

I called Comcast and their reset the modum. Strangely, even though I have great connection now the bar icon never came back. It is the outline of a box with a red X over it, and a 3-prongued symbol on the left to it, similar to the plug symbol that indicates the laptop is plugged in.

Is this something I should worry about? Does it mean my laptop is dying?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630586/connection-bars-on-bottom-of-screen-disappeared/
Relevancy 46.44%

Working on a computer with a bizarre issue, somehow it's original Local Area Connection was removed saying the "adapter has been disconnected" and has been replaced with Local Area Network #2 on the exact same network adapter, The problem is in order for some software to function i need a static IP address already assigned to the old (vanished) LAC.

I sifted through the registry and found the original LAC and removed it, and then things got strange. It said i had no LAC at all, none. but i still had internet connection, And i still couldn't use the static IP i needed to use.
So i restored the registry settings i deleted and restarted, then LAC was back, and it was the original. But it was DHCP assigned and i still cannot use my static.
Scanned for viruses with mbar and mbam and found nothing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491508/local-area-connection-disappeared-replaced-with-lac-2/
Relevancy 46.44%

I was uninstalling lots of software,my son's game demos and cleaning up the PC
(I go through such a crisis every some months) when I realized that I don't have anymore
an icon for my internet connection (ADSL) at tray though I'm connected.

"Show icon..." box under my connection's properties
it is checked and no "hide icons" at the taskbar...

I have no way to disconnect ,only to shut down the PC.
When I go to Control Panel-Network Connections and right click
my connection icon some parts of the menu are greyed.

For some reason I didn't have System restore points for more
than two days and I can't fix it this way...
Any ideas ?
(Any registry keys involved?)

Relevancy 46.44%

i would really like you to help me with my yoga pro 2 network drivers...it shows no wireless drivers found but when i go into device manager it gives me a n-7260 #2 i would really like to know where to find or go back to the n-7260 not the n-7260 #2 lasty when i last try to install the driver i get a code 31 saying that the device couldnt work properly because windows cant install the right drivers

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-pro-2-wireless-device-disappeared/td-p/3422501