Windows Support Forum

Created new network by accident; other computers can't connect!

Q: Created new network by accident; other computers can't connect!

I have had a netgear router for some time now (WNR2000) for three home computers, all Windows Vista+ and recently had to buy a new wireless adapter for one of them (WNA3100). Previously, all computers were connected to a security-enabled network called 'Johnson'.

I installed the new adapter via the wizard and it ended up creating a new network entitled 'NTGR_zhOXSTT8ZSXtTUsaRd5lXfrq-WPS'. Johnson has now disappeared from the list and no other computer is able to connect to this new network. I tried changing from WPA2 to WEP and changing the password in hopes that the other computers will be able to login but it didn't work.

Help!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Created new network by accident; other computers can't connect!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Created new network by accident; other computers can't connect!

Why not (on the router) change it back to the old SSID and WPA-PSK or whatever encryption you were using, make sure you didn't enable MAC Address filtering, and stay away from those strange wizards?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/created-new-network-by-accident-other-computers-cant-connect.1006294/
Relevancy 72.24%

I recently built the computer shown in my specs. I didn't get to joining the existing homegroup quick enough. My wife needed files from one of the homegroup laptops. Having not joined, my wife attempted it but ended up creating a new homegroup on the new build. When I go into homegroup (start menu) I don't have the option to join a homegroup, nor do I have one to leave the homegroup.

So how do I delete the new homegroup created, so I can join my established group?

A:New homegroup created by accident

What you need to do is remove each computer from the new homegroup.

Once you've done that, the homegroup will no longer exist, leaving you free to rejoin your original homegroup.

Leave a homegroup

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217951-new-homegroup-created-accident.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi!

Hi use vista. You know when downloading it tells you to pick a place to save it?

I accedently clicked desktop and draged it to another place. Now I have about 3 desktop folders

Please help me how to fix this. Is there a program?

Please answer!

A:Created some 'Desktop' folders by accident

It's not quite clear where or what these desktop folders are, but is anything stopping you from deleting these folders if you don't want them?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/250709-created-some-desktop-folders-accident.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi!

Just recently, I was at a friends house and was having trouble connecting to her internet. By accident, I created a new network, and now she is unable to find her original network or connect to the one I created. I don't remember setting a password. All I had to do to create the network was enter the PIN number that I found on the wireless router. Please help she is getting upset!

Relevancy 64.93%

I am not sure if this should be posted in this forum or not but it is essentially a windows problem I recently had a run-in with a virus malware that was running ping exe in my background constantly I had tried several programs PC-Cillin Malwarebytes which never found the problem I had found a Can't to on connect / network computers the see other forum post somewhere else that recommended ComboFix as the solution Stupid me I just downloaded it and ran it without reading any of the disclaimers instructions On a positive note all of my virus malware related problems are solved However now I can no longer see any of the other computers on Can't see / connect to other computers on the network my network I have verified that both my NIC and wireless card drivers are both up to date I have Can't see / connect to other computers on the network also changed my workgroup to match up to the balance of the computers on my network even though I never had to do that previously I have tried quot repairing quot my network connection and get the following Can't see / connect to other computers on the network error when doing so quot Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed Clearing NetBT For assistance contact the person who manages your network quot I am running Windows XP Pro SP Thanks Ryan

A:Can't see / connect to other computers on the network

Worth a look, http://xphunt3r.blogspot.com/2008/11/error-clear-netbt-solved.html .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432420/cant-see-connect-to-other-computers-on-the-network/
Relevancy 64.93%

I am trying to connect two computers to each other that both use windows 7. I'm wondering about when it asks me for a username and password, and because there is no password, we put ion the username and left password blank. Then it brought us to another window that asked for a username and password, and we could not go any further. How do I get them connected? and is it safe to set the password protected file sharing to 'off' or do I run the risk of someone hacking into my network? Thank you.

A:Cannot connect two computers to network

Quote:
I am trying to connect two computers to each other that both use windows 7

But your Subject says you want to connect to a network.

If wanting to connect the 2 computers only to each other you could try an Ethernet Cross-over cable or maybe a LapLink USB cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/367325-cannot-connect-two-computers-network.html
Relevancy 64.93%

So I ll try to describe my problem as best as I can I just installed a new computer on my network and it joined the network great and I can access all computers on the network and vice versa except for one When I view the workgroup computers and click on this particular computer I ll call it Comp it asks for a username and password So I go over to comp and try to access the new computer and it asks for the same username and password However from Comp I can access the other computers on the network just fine and vice versa For some On Network Connect Won't Need Help, Two Computers reason that is beyond my understanding of networking these two computers require this username and password for access So in summary these two computers can access every computer on the network and vice versa except each other Any ideas are greatly appreciated Both of these Computers are Windows Professional and password protection is turned off on all computers Thanks Nate nbsp

A:Need Help, Two Computers Won't Connect On Network

Anyone with ideas????
Thanks,
Nate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-two-computers-wont-connect-on-network.1098820/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I am clueless so please bear with connect computers I 2 need to one DSL?Network?? to do What me I have desktop computers An old Compaq that I have upgraded hard drive cd burner win XP etc but it has no ethernet card I have a D Link DFE- TX pci adapter and a Linksys Wireless-G pci adapter wmp not installed just What do I need to connect 2 computers to one DSL?Network?? bought them cheap I want to move the old computer upstairs and use both computers from the same DSL connection New computer is Emachines don t laugh-I m poor windows XP ethernet port on front westell modem via Bellsouth DSL and Vonage Motorola router My question is should I put the pci adapter in the old machine and use a wireless router to connect the What do I need to connect 2 computers to one DSL?Network?? machines Or what should I do I am pretty secure working inside the machines but I am clueless as to what I need to put in them to get them to share the DSL What do I need to connect 2 computers to one DSL?Network?? I would greatly appreciate details and instructions for dummies Thanks in advance Homescool nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi There I have a Belkin router in my home which two PCs wirelessly connect to with no problems I also connect my laptop to the wireless network when I bring it back from university However this time when I try to connect a problem occurs I go to look at the list of wireless networks connect to my one and a message appears telling me I m connected But then when I try to access the internet nothing happens ie an quot unable to connect quot screen appears Troubleshooting steps I ve taken so far Reset the router and turned off all security Again the laptop said it was connected then my browser failed to connect one can't! network... can to connect my Two computers to the internet Turned off my laptop firewall Tried different browsers on my laptop Typed to access the router itself but it fails to bring up the router menu when I do this on the PCs I can bring up a router menu Tried attaching the laptop to the router Two computers can connect to my network... one can't! with a network cable Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated Ben nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,
I have two computers in my home. A laptop and a desktop. Both are connected to my wireless router wirelessly. Laptop has Windows Vista and desktop has Windows 7. I tried to connect the computers wirelessy for file-sharing. But i failed. someone help me. Note: While im in my desktop (windows 7), the other computer (windows vista) is listed in the network. But when i double-click to access it, it prompts a window saying "Windows cannot access \\computer2 check spelling of the name blah blah blah".

Relevancy 64.07%

Here's my setup I am using a Blackberry to USB tether to my desktop internet works on pc Ethernet to WAN from PC that has internet to wifi router I get DNS is not responding now from any other computer connected to the network either wired or wifi Set up my network as following Tether has internet sharing turned on and connected to Local Area Connection Local Area Connection has IP configured as IP address Subnet Default blank Preferred DNS Server my ethernet connection so the internet connection is sent to wifi router I have tried everything I mean days of effort and searching IP is disabled Microsoft Virtual is disabled This SAME exact setup was working perfectly a week ago with an older Linksys Wifi router Then any network computers but connect Cant to get my to other desktop I bought a new Linksys E and because I wanted something new Bad move That setup no longer worked on the new router now it no longer works on Cant get any other computers to connect to network but my desktop the old router Please please please help I've seriously tried everything and then finally came across a thread that got it working but then broke it with the new router I wouldnt post if I didnt troubleshoot for hours upon hours Thank you

A:Cant get any other computers to connect to network but my desktop

Please guys I beg you
Pretty much every time I try to diagnose on a laptop it says DNS Server isnt responding

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/146884-cant-get-any-other-computers-connect-network-but-my-desktop.html
Relevancy 64.07%

This is a setup problem. I have a Windows 8 Pro laptop, and a new Windows 7 Laptop. When I try to setup the connection so that I can share files and folders between the two computers, I am asked for the User name and the password. I see the password in the homegroup, but entering it does not help. What is the user name in this case? My computer name or the other computer name or something else? Many thanks.

A:Solved: Can not connect to other computers on network

The new laptop was not connected to any home network. Once connected, I could get access to the files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-not-connect-to-other-computers-on-network.1079621/
Relevancy 64.07%

Ok, I am at a friend's house and his computer is Windows XP and it is set up so that he dials up onto his DSL access on this computer and then other computers connect to the network through this computer. He unplugged the network plug and I plugged it into my laptop couldn't get it to work. So I tried to set it up so that my computer would be the one it would connect to using Network Wizard and at the end of that it said it failed. Then we tried it on my friend's laptop again and no use. The internet works on his desktop but now whenever we try to connect through a laptop it comes up saying, Limited or no Connectivity. What should I do?

A:Network Isn't Working - Computers Can't Connect Through This One

I'll bumb this for you, so the guys can take a look.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-isnt-working-computers-cant-connect-through-this-one.422143/
Relevancy 64.07%

I managed to get folder sharing between a 7 and xp computer via lan cable to
work.
It took houers, and when it worked I didn't know why.

After reinstalling xp, again I can't make the lan cable connection between
the xp and 7 computer work.

The lan has the same name on both computers, and ip on both computer are config'ed.
Icons on both computers say, that the lan connection is running.
However, if I ping the windows 7 computer from the xp computer, it
works. If I ping the xp computer from the xp computer, it works.
If I ping the xp computer from the 7 computer, it doesn't work. If I ping
the 7 computer from the 7 computer, it doesn't work.

And on the 7 computer there is an yellow triangle on the network icon.
But it was also there before reinstallation, and the lan connection worked
anyway.

How do I get the lan cable connection to work?
Thanks.

A:Lan connect xp and 7 computer, computers do not appear under network.

Quote: Originally Posted by kjo

...If I ping the xp computer from the 7 computer, it doesn't work. If I ping
the 7 computer from the 7 computer, it doesn't work.

And on the 7 computer there is an yellow triangle on the network icon.
But it was also there before reinstallation, and the lan connection worked
anyway.

How do I get the lan cable connection to work?
Thanks.

Did you try the diagnose connection option in Win7's Control Panel --> Network and Internet --> Network Connections app?? Right click on it...

You also said early on...

Quote:
After reinstalling xp, again I can't make the lan cable connection between the xp and 7 computer work.

Can you desribe what you mean by LAN cable connection... is this a PC to PC (ad hoc) network, or do you have a switch or router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185851-lan-connect-xp-7-computer-computers-do-not-appear-under-network.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a belkin home network and all the computers in my house can connect except mine, so it isn't a network issue. When I log onto my laptop, it says no networks are available so I can't even attempt to connect. Can someone please help me and tell me what to do? Thanks.

A:I can't connect to my home network while other computers can

Do you have the correct wireless drivers for your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-my-home-network-while-other-computers-can.171834/
Relevancy 64.07%

I realise there are quite a lot of these about but from searching no-one seems to be having quite this problem For a while I connect. computers won't Network, Vista-XP have had two PCs XP Home and networked together using a router Netgear DG G v It s a wireless modem router Vista-XP Network, computers won't connect. with four wired connections as well Both Pcs were connected via ethernet cables to the router and both were able to access the internet and to view Vista-XP Network, computers won't connect. shared files on the other The wireless connection worked succesfully for any device wishing to access the internet PDAs and games consoles for example However we have recently purchased two Vista laptops both running Vista Premium which we wish to be able to use to connect to the XP machine the machine isn t a worry however networking Vista-XP Network, computers won't connect. the machines seems to be a problem Both laptops are able to access wireless internet over the network and can see the XP machine on their network maps but are unable to connect to it a screenshot of the network map is attatched with a couple of pieces of personal data censored The top two computers are laptops and the bottom the XP machine If wired to the network they merely give a message saying something to the tune of quot cannot create a map of this type of network quot The XP computer refuses to see them at all and will only find itself All computers can Ping each other by IP Can anyone help at all Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

I've run into a problem connecting to the other computer on my network. It worked fine for a while, but one day a few months ago, although it at least recognized the other computer, it encountered problems actually letting me connect. I haven't worked with it again since then until today, and now the other computer doesn't even show up in my network, while my computer shows on the other one and can be connected to. I can ping the 2nd computer by name and ip, but if I try to use \\ name, it gives me: 0x80070005 Access is denied. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 64.07%

I had a network wich was connected through a cable modem to the internet.
After we moved to another house, i have an internetconnection through a speedport W 501 V over ADSL.
My main computer is connected with an excellent connection,
The other 3 computers can see the speedport, but cannot make a connection. The IP adress can not be refreshed. You cab see that the strength of the network is strong for these connections.
Because the signal was to weak for the other computers i have bought a Linksys wireless G-range expander.

How can i connect to the internet, how can i create a working XP workgrope as i had earlier (or is one problem connected to the other)

Relevancy 64.07%

Came to pick some brains for help Trying to help OP Rickman at Qwest net forums Told him I would post about problem over here Because of connectivity problems he has just switched his old Actiontec GT -WG for a new Actiontec GT -WG His statement of problem The Vista desktop is connected through ethernet and the XP laptop is wireless I am on my own wireless network and both computers can access the Internet but cannot share files or printer The Vista desktop will show the XP laptop in Network but clicking on it gets a quot Cannot communicate message quot On connect computers but network Can not internet, on to the XP laptop trying to see Workgroup computers gets a message quot Network is not accessible You might not have permissions quot I cannot ping one machine from the other I never tried to ping them when file sharing printing worked before but I would expect that they could I seem to remember some setting on the modem that I Can connect to internet, but not computers on network was told to change to make the networking happen the first time but it was years ago Thank you for you help What I have done so far Asked how he tried to ping Suggested if he pinged only by name to try pinging by actual IP address of each computer Remember seeing a thread here about Hostname IP Address resolution causing similar problem that was solved but couldn t find it Thanks DLSayremn nbsp

A:Can connect to internet, but not computers on network

I suggest the person with the issue post directly. It's much easier to assist without a middleman, and if he can post there, he should be able to post here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-to-internet-but-not-computers-on-network.806805/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a wireless network which includes a cable modem and a wireless router to send wireless signal computers 2 of 1 can't connect on network wireless to two computers Everything was working fine for a long time until 1 of 2 computers on wireless network can't connect today Suddenly 1 of 2 computers on wireless network can't connect one of the computers a laptop was unable to connect The other computer a desktop continues to have internet access Therefore I assume the modem and router are ok and the problem is with the laptop The wizard on the laptop detects the network The correct password is displayed 1 of 2 computers on wireless network can't connect in quot properties quot However the wizard says that it can't connect to the network Diagostics was unable to explain The wireless button on the laptop is green and the laptop says LAN is on I took a look at network adapters in device manager which shows two wireless devices one microsoft and the other realtech both quot working properly quot I used system restore to go back the previous day which didn't help I ran ipconfig from the command prompt which says quot media disconnected quot on all of the adapters including the wireless I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless networks which make no difference I ran the procedure for resetting winsock to no avail I was unable to update drivers on the laptop without internet access I'm stymied and need some ideas

A:1 of 2 computers on wireless network can't connect

did you try a power cycle on the modem and router? Pull the power plug on both for a 10 count then plug back in starting with the modem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/1-of-2-computers-on-wireless-network-cant-connect-859713.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi everyone - Recently we went from a server physical environment to a multi-server virtual environment it was a huge upgrade Since the upgrade I have lost the ability to connect to computers remotely I am trying to connect to them using computername c etc I am currently on a Windows bit machine and all other computers are running XP Pro with SP bit We have a GPO that places all windows firewalls on with a variety of exceptions but I have no idea what I need to allow open to allow computers network Solved: connect Cannot on to these kind of connections to connect to varies networked computers Of course if we turn the windows firewalls off it will Solved: Cannot connect to computers on network work just Solved: Cannot connect to computers on network fine so something is being blocked Just an FYI we have VNC and LogMeIn and what not which work fine it s just sometimes I need to copy or look for files on someone s computer without disrupting them and that is the reason for connecting like this We are all using the same DHCP DNS IP Scheme and subnets Any help would be appreciated Matt nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

There are two computers on our network that suddenly stopped connecting to the internet according to the user All the other computers are running just fine Neither Google Chrome or IE can connect to any webpage However both computers can access anything else on the network and also randomly change from showing internet access Computers Internet? to Suddenly on Network Cannot Connect to no internet access in the network center Also even though no webpages can be loaded the computer is still apparently connected to the internet because they can be accessed remotely through Team Viewer from outside the network over the internet System Restore helped with nothing and I tried to install Ad-Aware to do a scan but the installation fails because it cannot connect to the internet The machines are running Windows Professional x bit It was the same user who was on both machines when they went down and based on the browsing history it looks like this could possibly be related to some sort of malware spyware as opposed to coincidental hardware issues Edit - I did check the Ethernet cables with my laptop and have no issues connecting to the internet from the laptop

A:Computers on Network Suddenly Cannot Connect to Internet?

I hope your company's security infrastructure's intact and strong, so that whatever is troubling these two computers [via downloads and/or internet installs] will not travel to other computers within the company.  Could the company-wide security systems also be "interrupting" this particular user's "interneting?"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564721/computers-on-network-suddenly-cannot-connect-to-internet/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I have had this Network setup at my home for a while There is one desktop which has Windows XP Professional we'll call this XPA antivirus is MSE connected to the router Unable XP Share computers to to connect Network in through Unable to connect to XP computers in Network Share an ethernet port and three Unable to connect to XP computers in Network Share laptops one with XP Media Center we'll call this XPB antivirus is McAfee configured to share files Unable to connect to XP computers in Network Share and printers and two with Professional and Home Premium one is my own laptop -A antivirus is MSE and other is -B antivirus is McAfee configured to share files and printers A few months ago every computer was able to see each other easily through their names and were able to share files and printers easily even with the two laptops having password protection All of them were in the same Workgroup called WORKGROUP and the two laptops were in the same Homegroup sharing files through passwords Now I came back home from college and oddly find that my laptop which is -A Professional with MSE can't connect either XP computers when I type their name coming up with the error code x The network path was not found I can only connect when I type in their IP address It's the same when I try to connect from the XP computers to my laptop I can easily connect to -B though and -B can easily connect to my laptop XPA and XPB and vice versa I have no idea why this is happening now since I haven't really fiddled around with the settings in college other than installing some program that will let me connect to the university network Don't know if this changes much but I have a dual boot set up on my laptop with XP being the second OS and it can easily connect to the other three computers and the other three computers can easily connect to it I know that this may not be a big deal since I can still share through IP addresses but it does get annoying when the IP address for the desktop with XP changes since it has the main printer shared and I have to reinstall it if it changes Could a random reason be due to me using Windows Anytime Upgrade to upgrade my laptop from Home Premium to Professional which somehow changed some firewall port settings

A:Unable to connect to XP computers in Network Share

Disable the firewall temporarily as a test, see if it makes a difference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/198068-unable-connect-xp-computers-network-share.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a dell desktop running windows vista that connects to my wireless router with a cable I have an HP laptop that is running windows that is wireless When I look at network computers on the dell I cannot and with wireless same network wired the computers to connect get an error message that says that the computer is not accessible The same thing happens when I try to log onto the desktop from cannot connect to the same network with wired and wireless computers the laptop When I try to run the network wizard from the desktop I see see connect to the internet connect to a wireless router or access point setup a dialup connection and connect to a workplace None of them make sense cannot connect to the same network with wired and wireless computers but I tried connect to a wireless router and got a message that said to cannot connect to the same network with wired and wireless computers set it up manually or set up a flash drive neither of which makes sense I tried set it up manually and all that happened is the router setup screen opened up I tried the same thing on the laptop and the setup the network wizard opened a screen that said choose a wireless router or access point to configure but nothing ever showed up on that screen I hate to knock windows but this all seems unnecessairly complicated It can t be that odd to have wired and wireless computers on the same network nbsp

A:cannot connect to the same network with wired and wireless computers

sorry, not clear if your issue is connecting those pcs to the internet or if you are trying to share the computers across your network

do both pcs work on the internet OK ?

if sharing
Here’s how you can get your Windows 7 PC to share printers and files with XP and Vista PCs--and even a Mac
http://www.pcworld.com/article/184232/set_up_your_home_network_windows_7_edition.html
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/12246/share-a-printer-on-your-network-from-vista-or-xp-to-windows-7/

Share files between windows 7 and vista
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/9040/how-to-share-files-and-printers-between-windows-7-and-vista/

Here’s how you can get your Windows 7 PC to share printers and files with XP and Vista PCs--and even a Mac.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/184232/set_up_your_home_network_windows_7_edition.html

Complete Guide to Networking Windows 7 with XP and Vista
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/15247/complete-guide-to-networking-windows-7-with-xp-and-vista/

if you are trying to get on the internet
can we see an ipconfig /all from both pcs - make sure we know which is which
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-the-same-network-with-wired-and-wireless-computers.1075184/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I have set up a wireless network in my home using s d-link N+ 300 DIR-655 and the desktop that is directly connected to the modem and router can connect to the internet and my laptop can access the wireless network and get online but I have another desktop that cannot connect to the wireless network. It can see it but when i try and connect i get the message that it was unable to connect or sometimes that i was able to connect but have limited connectivity. Im not really computer savvy but i follow directions well so any help would be greatly appreciated. This has been driving me crazy and i have done everything i know how to correct it and I am sure that i have the correct WPA password in there so that is not the problem.

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi
I am new here. I have been reading the threads. Looks like a great forum.
I had a working network at home. I had to change the router and now other computers can not see my computer at all. It said not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. I have tried going on the drives and giving permission that way. It didn't work. Can someone please help!!
Thanks Ron

A:How to give permission for other computers on my network to connect to me.

Ron

Since no one else has replied yet.......

I`m not too good at networking, but this occurs to me.
Check the firewall. Turn it off first and see if that helps

It probably was set up before with a ?trusted network" based on an address from the old router.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-give-permission-for-other-computers-on-my-network-to-connect-to-me-220618.html
Relevancy 63.21%

The problem is in the topic, I can see other computer in my network, yet cannot connect to any of them. Every computer has the password protected sharing off and discovery on, most are using Vista, one is using XP. At first the computers just didn't show up, but after a while they will appear in the network list but when trying to connect it will try for a while, then give you an error.

Windows cannot access \\*computer name*

Error code: 0x80070035
The network path was not found.Click to expand...

This computer is using Vista Home premium.

A:Solved: Vista can see other computers in network, cannot connect.

Alright, after some work we figured out the problem was with Mcafee. We were able to mess around with the network settings and got it all to work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-can-see-other-computers-in-network-cannot-connect.743066/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey guys, I just loaded up my machine with Windows Vista Home Basic and wanted to connect my another laptop to it via Wireless AdHoc network. I created a wireless adhoc network from the network and sharing center. But was unable to connect the other laptop to it. Everything is ok. My WLAN is on, drivers are also latest. Please help.

My system configuration-
OS Version: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic SP2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2390 @ 1.86GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1406 Mb
Graphics Card: VIA Chrome9 HC IGP, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 20002 MB, Free - 9600 MB; D: Total - 20002 MB, Free - 6003 MB; E: Total - 36303 MB, Free - 7469 MB;
Motherboard: HCL Infosystems Limited, Notebook PC, VT6363A, 1234567890
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

Relevancy 63.21%

i have a time warner modem with a linksys router attached to it associated with this network are computers one running one on computers connect cannot home network multiple vista and the other ubuntu with a vista partition both have wireless connections the ubuntu machine connects to the internet through a firefox browser with no problems the vista partition on the ubuntu machine also works the vista machine which is at vista update KB cannot get out to the internet through either a firefox multiple computers on home network one cannot connect or internet explorer browser However i can successfully ping internet locations using absolute addresses and i've gotten a yahoo response through a host tx with the help of a friend it appears that the internet is accessible on the vista machine and some unknown function stops normal eg browser initiated usage i've done and tried several things like uninstalling Norten unplugging routers modems etc without success i've scanned Firefox and the I E with AVG and anti-malware and did not find any problems do you have any suggestions on how to debug and solve this problem

A:multiple computers on home network one cannot connect

Try this:

Power off the modem

Power off the router

Plug computer directly into Modem power up Modem

Power Up Vista Machine

See if Vista Machine can connect.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/356741/multiple-computers-on-home-network-one-cannot-connect/
Relevancy 62.78%

Can someone tell me the exact steps to take to make a network connection between my new and old computers. Both are windows XP. I keep getting an Error # 777 .

I was given a cable with the same type connectors that plug into the internet receptor. What type connector is this called?

Thanks very much for for any help on this.

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello. I am a complete newbie to server administration. At my current job, I have been tasked with setting up a deployment server. The server is a Windows 2008 server and is not connected to the Internet. The server is a domain controller on its own domain (different from the main domain my job uses). How would I connect this server to the Internet without disrupting other users on the network? By disrupting, I mean connecting to my server instead of the main server for DNS and DHCP. The server has Active Directory Domain Services, DNS, DHCP, and WDS roles set-up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-server-to-the-internet-without-disrupting-other-computers-on-network.200167/
Relevancy 62.78%

OBJECTIVE:
Currently running a wireless network but I have 2 desktops downstairs that need WIRED internet. I don't want to have to buy 2 wireless cards to connect both machines to the internet AND network (I also need to transfer larger files since we work with heavy graphics).

SETUP:
Both have Gb network cards installed.
- One is a server, running on windows 2003 server
- The other is a regular desktop running win xp pro sp2
I was thinking of purchasing a wireless access point router or bridge that has about 4 ports (in case I add 2 more machines). Would be great too if I can use this same system to upgrade our bluray player =)

Currently, the cable modem is attached to a belkin wireless pre-n router [F5D8230-4] here's link: http://is.gd/mleI

Can someone help?

Relevancy 62.78%

At our office we have atleast 10 computers and they are all connected to a wireless Network using D-Link wireless adapters. All the computers are able to connect to the internet and browsing the net is not a problem, but the problem is in accessing some of the computers on the network, I keep getting thse pop up error messages saying " \\comp1 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions". I am the Technical guy in the company overseeing tthe network. Please Help am stranded and my job is on the line.!

A:I can connect to the wireless network in my office but i cant access some computers:

Sounds like you don't have permissions. Is this a domain or a workgroup network? Sounds like a workgroup.
Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

PING each remote computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. Open a command prompt as described above and type.

PING <ip address>
or
PING <computer name>

Where:
<ip address> - is the x.x.x.x IP address
<computer name> - is the computer name

A failure to PING is almost always a firewall configuration issue. Any failure to PING needs to be corrected before you go any farther.

Note: You can obtain the IP address and computer name of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG /ALL. This should work for any Windows version. The IPCONFIG /ALL display will provide a wealth of useful information for debugging your network connection.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:

COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic.

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.
All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Places (Network and Sharing Center in Vista), make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login. NOTE: Vista's default is to require a password on the account to enable file/print sharing.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing. You can open a command prompt as described above and type the following command: nbtstat -n. This will display the status of NetBIOS or indicate it's not configured.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-can-connect-to-the-wireless-network-in-my-office-but-i-cant-access-some-computers.952935/
Relevancy 61.92%

I recently purchased a new Thinkpad laptop. It failed to connect to my Belkin wireless router (limited or no connectivity message) even after I typed in the correct network key. When I turned off WEP protein through my old Dell, the new one can be connected. I then re-enact the protection through the new one using the same key. Now it can be connected under the encryption but the old one is left out. Any suggestions? Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-to-connect-multiple-computers-to-wireless-network-under-wep-encryption.81865/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have deleted one of my networks in the Wireless Network Connection box. It now has a red X beside it. How do I get it back?

A:Windows 7, deleted network by accident help!

Not sure I understand, but if I do understand all you should have to do is to connect to that network again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-deleted-network-by-accident-help.1091181/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello, a few days ago I deleted the network adapter driver from my laptop by accident after I was having issues with Windows 10. Plugging an Ethernet cable into the laptop will not connect to the Internet (haven't been able to connect via Ethernet for a few years, I've always used wifi). Is there a way to get the driver back without downloading it to a usb and installing?I've tried doing the "scan for hardware changes" option but nothing comes up. The only selection I have under Network Adpaters is VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapters and I cannot connect using an Ethernet cable.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Deleted-Network-Adapter-Driver-by-accident/td-p/5630230
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

Network Description:
5 computers are connected to Linksys router (192.168.1.1).
the Linksys router is connected to the internet.

NetGear router is connected to the Linksys router (192.168.0.1).
2 computers are connected to NetGear router.
These 2 computers are able to surf the Internet but I can't see the other computers in network through them...

How should I configure the NetGear router to be able to see the other computers in the network

BTW: all the computers configured to WORKGROUP

Thanks

A:Connect router to router and be able to see all the computers in network

There`s a good page HERE which almost certainly has the solution somewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-router-to-router-and-be-able-to-see-all-the-computers-in-network.54161/
Relevancy 53.32%

hello all I have turned on delete Setup Wizard created a network in I want to I Network quot sharing quot to share my printer with my other desktop I have created a network on one of my XP machine s called Grandview I did it using Network Setup Wizard thinking I could use Grandview instead of MSHOME as the default I wanted to then un-share the USB printer that is connected to this machine from MSHOME and share it only through the Grandview network I reasoned that hackers search for open sharing on MSHOME and not other networks that I want to delete a network I created in Network Setup Wizard a user has created like Grandview probably a dumb assumption I couldn t make the USB printer a network printer because I don t have an the ethernet cable connection in the printer BTW I have two desktop machines connected to a WRT GS wireless rounter Both machines are running XP Pro Anyway Now I want to delete the Grandview network because I haven t had any luck unsharing MSHOME and I suspect that I won t either What I need is some advice on how to delete the Grandview network I cannot find any threads that discuss deleting a network created in Network Setup Wizard Would anyone have some suggestions and help Thank you Rick shobuz nbsp

A:I want to delete a network I created in Network Setup Wizard

A different workgroup offers no protection from hackers. If they are connected to the network and can see MSHOME, they can see any other network workgroup as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-delete-a-network-i-created-in-network-setup-wizard.864228/
Relevancy 51.6%

As the topic says, I'm having an issue where a computer on a network cannot see the other computer on the network.  It is able to connect to the internet, and I double-checked based on earlier threads and the network discovery IS ON.  This computer
is able to create a Homegroup and the other computer on the network is able to see the shared folders when it joins the homegroup, but I cannot create a homegroup on the
other computer and have this computer see it to join it.  The other computer sees this computer in Windows Explorer under Network, but as far as the problem computer is concerned, it is the only computer on the network.
Despite this, when I open up the Network Map, it shows both computers, the router, and the modem.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6789f7fd-6dc6-4b5f-b997-32480bd340c0/windows-7-cannot-see-other-win7-computers-on-network-other-win7-computers-on-network-can-see-this?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.88%

When I open Steam and then attempt to connect to a server I get a quot Game is not available Please Try Again Later quot notice followed by systemantic telling me I have quot Static quot Originally there was nothing in alerts box only an icon above it saying Static but now it pops up with tmp tmp and tmp It says they are Trojans and that they were quarantined but everytime I attempt to connect to a server it gives me the same message I ran a system scan and it does not detect anything but then when to created connect Steam Trojans attempting to local settings/temp after in being I try to connect to a server it goes off again Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Trojans being created in local settings/temp after attempting to connect to Steam Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nTrayFw exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcLog exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Computer Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www penny-arcade com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run NVMixerTray quot C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exe quot O - HKLM Run nTrayFw C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nTrayFw exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run POINTER point exe O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun J... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojans-being-created-in-local-settings-temp-after-attempting-to-connect-to-steam.593410/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I know that my computer was hacked and I know who did it my stepson He was trying to get my banking information of created new can't Hacker network get it rid for his Dad who coincidentally tried to kill me last week Ok Hacker created new network can't get rid of it enough for the drama I found when he hacked me and have restored some things but he is still there under other network that he created He his somehow using Adobe Arm and Hacker created new network can't get rid of it not sure how He has created a Created Owner user profile that I cannot delete I am denied permissions mostly when I am trying to get rid of him I know the exact time and date and have the logs that show he turned off a lot of services at that moment including my antivirus protection He installed Spyware Banker Id which I have removed but I can't seem to get rid of him Can you help Here is my DDS log The other log generated shows the time it was hacked I can post it if you need to look at Instructions were not to post Please help This is making me miserable I can't do anything on my computer because everything is being watch My privacy has been invaded and it feels horrible My theory at the moment which could be very wrong is that he has tapped into the hidden administrator account in Windows and password protected it DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Charlie at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated C D - E -B E-FA - F ECC DB SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated E A F - D -B D -C D - F F FW Norton Security Suite Enabled BFC - D-B -D E-C B A Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exeC Windows system srvany exeC Windows KMService exeC Windows system conhost exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine N exeC Windows system locator exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine N exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files Zemana AntiLogger Free AntiLogger Free exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office MSOSYNC EXEC Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Windows system GWX GWX exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform OSPPSVC EXEC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exeC Windows system prevhost exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmprph exeC PROGRA MICROS Office OIS EXEC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Windows regedit exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windo... Read more

A:Hacker created new network can't get rid of it

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/586686 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586686/hacker-created-new-network-cant-get-rid-of-it/
Relevancy 49.88%

With a bit of luck I have created my first Created by bit just luck, network one first need help. of my working network Created my first network by luck, just need one bit of help. between a PC and a laptop What I want to do is make it a secure network I m a bit confused can anyone point me in the right direction to do it Host PC Asus P K-E WiFi-App Edition Motherboard using the included antenna thing Windows XP bit Verizon High Speed Internet Modem Is connected to internet Connected Laptop Windows Vista LinkSys reciever card antenna Connects to internet via the network Unused Disconnected LinkSys router As you can clearly see my ignorance is quite exposed when I call these pieces of hardware antennas The network is working and I can access the internet from both computers However when I was connecting to the network from the laptop I noticed that the network was labeled as an unsecured network Also there were two instances of the same network I wonder if it is something small that I missed Would it be a simple process to make it a secured network Where would I go first step on the host PC Windows XP bit Other Information In Control Panels Network Connections I see the following Lan or High Speed Internet Local Area Connection Connected Shared Firewalled Marvell Yukon PCI-E Network Bridge Connection Connected Bridged Firewalled Net Adaptor Connection Connected Bridged Firewalled Net Adaptor Network Bridge Connected Firewalled MAC Bridge Miniport Wireless Network Connection Connected Bridged Firewalled Realtek RTL Wireless nbsp

A:Created my first network by luck, just need one bit of help.

As you can clearly see, my ignorance is quite exposed when I call these pieces of hardware 'antennas.' The network is working and I can access the internet from both computers. However, when I was connecting to the network from the laptop I noticed that the network was labeled as an unsecured network. Also, there were two instances of the same network. I wonder if it is something small that I missed. Would it be a simple process to make it a secured network? Where would I go / first step on the host PC, Windows XP 64 bit?Click to expand...

It may simply be that another wireless signal from a neighbour with the same make of router is broadcasting.
If you post the make and exact model of the Modem and Router or modem/router combination we can find the manual and point you in the direction for securing
All you need to do in principle is Log onto the router setup page and goto the wireless section and enable the secruity and give it a password - then all devices need to know that password to connect

Download and install
http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/created-my-first-network-by-luck-just-need-one-bit-of-help.913240/
Relevancy 49.88%

While trying to connect my computer to our wifi system I accidentally created a new network, and I can't figure out how to delete it. It's a dell 745 on windows XP.

Relevancy 49.88%

I have accidentally created a 'network' when i was trying to set up an internet connection, now my lap top asks for a username and password (which we don't know!). Can it be fixed?

A:accidentally created a 'network'

Hi and welcome to TSG forums.
What brand computer and what operating system are you using?
Knowing this will make it easier for us to help you.
VIcks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidentally-created-a-network.984503/
Relevancy 49.02%

damn funny...but yes...windows 7 new for me...i duno how to delete the network connection..i sometimes use modem direct or on LAN...wanted to use by direct...so created conection...now whenever i open iexplorer, it asks to conect..or work offline...offline doesnt work.

conclusion :
my question....how to delete a new conection created on windows 7???

A:how to delete a network connection created?please help

Hmmm. I've never done this before but I've found a delete option in the Network and Sharing Center. Open the Network and Sharing Center and click on the Change adapter settings. This leads to a list of all available connections. For me this is my modem port, LAN port, etc. I can delete some of the custom connection setups. I hope that this is what you are looking for.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-delete-a-network-connection-created-please-help-436967.html
Relevancy 49.02%

i've checked and there's a connection called torvm tap 32 don't no why its on there come to find out it's a bypassing or virtual connection i checked the websites of it any ideas http://www.torproject.org/torvm/

A:Solved: A Network connection was created on my cpu?

manyhelp said:

i've checked and there's a connection called torvm tap 32 don't no why its on there come to find out it's a bypassing or virtual connection i checked the websites of it any ideas http://www.torproject.org/torvm/Click to expand...
If you haven't installed this and no-one else has responsibility or control over your system, then you have a problem. Are you part of a network which is administered from elsewhere?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-a-network-connection-was-created-on-my-cpu.912015/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi guys,

I enabled Hyper-V feature in Windows 10 but unable to create a virtual switch. I tried to create private and internal types of virtual switch but every time the process stuck on "Applying changes".

What could be the reason of that?

Thank you.

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/61906-virtual-network-not-created-hyper-v.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I can't join my homegroup, it randomly stopped working a week ago (ish) when i try to reconnect to the homgroup now it says "A homegroup can only be created on a private network...change settings blah bah..." Although I have everything setup correctly and i'm trying to join a homegroup not make one. I read,

Homegroup - Create in Windows 8

and

Homegroup - Join in Windows 8

did everything still nothing :I the 2 other computers connected to the main homegroup computer is working fine. Now i can't think of anything. All help is appreciated

A:A homegroup can only be created on a private network.

It sounds like you are on a public network, have you tried changing to a private network? Most likely you are already using a private network and something is off with the Windows services.

Network Location - Set to Private or Public in Windows 8

Try the Homegroup trouble shooting guide, pay close attention to the required Windows services which should be started, it sometimes helps to set the Peer Networking services to Delayed Start up Automatic,..

Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues - Help Desk Geek

This link might also be helpful.
Why can&#39;t I join a homegroup?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28907-homegroup-can-only-created-private-network.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network screen I have a home network with laptops and desktop The desktop I use as a quot file server quot in that all work done on the laptops is stored to the to Explorer Unable network computers Windows in see scree home Network desktop The desktop computer name is HAL One laptop is fine and sees the network The other just stopped seeing it rebooted the laptop rebooted HAL did a number of refreshes without any luck I opened EXCEL and found a worksheet that was listed that I knew was saved Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree on HAL Was able to open the file and when I tried the SAVE AS I could navigate through all of HAL just as normal Went to Windows Explorer and still no HAL listed as a COMPUTER on the NETWORK I have a internet connection so I know I am making it to the router at least And when I check NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER it shows an active home network Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree The laptop is running Windows Home Premium Service Pack Build Thanks in advance for any help George

A:Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree

Still working on the problem. Tried to do a system restore back to the point where everything was working. Still no HAL showing as a network computer; Excel now does not recognize the path that worked yesterday. But now I am able to create a shortcut that will take me to HAL on the network. Guess this is a good enough fix for right now. When I go to Windows Explorer, Network it still only shows the 2 laptops and not HAL......WHY????

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229783-unable-see-home-network-computers-windows-explorer-network-scree.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am about to return this brand new computer running Vista since it won t connect to my exiting computers on my wireless network It will however connect to the wireless netork to get out to the internet Here is what I have Brand new computer runnig Vista home premium Wireless netwrok external netgear ma network tomy connecting on but computers other not vista wireless network connection that can vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network see the internet I am using it now It can see a windows computer as well as my laptop running Windows Xp but when I try to connect to those computers it gives me an error message I googled this problem and disabled my vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network firewalls I created same user accounts on all with same passords I also tried same user accounts with no password neither works Any suggestion before I return this i relaly want to make Vista work since it at last looks different I like new interface - makes my life more interesting - I know VERY SAD Any suggestions nbsp

A:vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-connecting-tomy-wireless-network-but-not-other-computers-on-network.631622/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi.In Windows 7, clicking on Network tab now shows as this image below in attachment:Computers: shows computer name (opening it accesses Users shared folder).Media devices: shows when I open windows media player (but "Media streaming options" is disabled in Network and Sharing Center).Network Infrastructure: shows modem name (opening it accesses modem page).How to turn this off again to see what I always had when clicking on Network tab: This computer is not connected to a network. Click to connect.Please any help is appreciated.

A:Windows 7 strange behavior. Network created on its own.

not 100% sure it will get it back to what you use to see ,but for the most part I think if you right click onnetwork and choose remove network drive it will change back

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472286/windows-7-strange-behavior-network-created-on-its-own/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a network share drive and every day I have these random folders that keep appearing in it They are named the day month date and year but only the months of January and February The folders are created at random times and when Drive on Network Folders Random Created Being I check the owner creator of the folder they are only created by users I check both of their computers for any malware spyware and virus but could find nothing I don't know if a program is creating the folders Random Folders Being Created on Network Drive The three users run the same software Random Folders Being Created on Network Drive as everyone else in the company If there any way to tell how these folders are being created All the users are running the same same software there are about users All the computers are running windows bit pro the server is running Server I have ran a full scan with malware bytes and it came back clean ran a scan with Symantec Endpoint Protection and that came back clean as well

A:Random Folders Being Created on Network Drive

All the users are running the same same software, there are about 20 users.

Hello jeff-j
Is this a business / school / city / or other than a private setup ??

Most of our work here is on small Private single systems.
If you are running 20 (or so) users, do you have any of your own computer service people ??

Also can you please list the other sites that you have posted this at .............

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523944/random-folders-being-created-on-network-drive/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Motorola modem and router and it automatically set up a wireless network network here Motorola? anyone by on sharing set Has created up file that I wanted to use for file sharing Has anyone here set up file sharing on network created by Motorola? It is not usable for me because it asks for a user name and password or user credentials I Has anyone here set up file sharing on network created by Motorola? have tried every user name and password that I have ever used and none will allow me to access the networked computers I have no idea which user name and password they want because when it was set up it did not ask me to set up anything I then tried to set up a Microsoft Network using HomeGroup and it gives an error saying that my Ipv is not enabled Everything I can find on the computer idicates that it is available but after googleing a cure and trying it it still does not work I am tired of playing their games and want to move on to something that I set up and decide on my Has anyone here set up file sharing on network created by Motorola? owner password etc and not have problems like the Ipv problem with Homegroup Is there any other way to set up my own network with file sharing outside the Motorola and Microsoft options I would like to set up another and remove the one set up by Motorola Thanks nbsp

A:Has anyone here set up file sharing on network created by Motorola?

Ask a mod to move this to the networking forum where you'll get the attention of the experts.
Win7 Homegroup only works with all Win7 machines on the network.
When I had this password issue on my network, I discovered that the user name was case sensitive, which hadn't been the case perviously.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/has-anyone-here-set-up-file-sharing-on-network-created-by-motorola.965141/
Relevancy 48.59%

I was trying to connect to the wireless connection at the house i just moved into, and while connecting i was prompted to create a network and, foolishly, did so. I created the new network and a password for it, but now i don't know the password, and no one in the house can use the internet. when i try to connect it just says the security password is incorrect. I have no idea what to do but we all need the internet to do work, can anyone help? thanks.

my specs:

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, x64 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3006 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 178746 MB, Free - 103488 MB; D: Total - 12033 MB, Free - 2033 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 30CF, 85.26, None1
Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live! Anti-Virus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 48.59%

This was originally posted on the regular programs site Motorola? created Has up sharing on here network by anyone file set but found out about this site and thought it was better suited to my questions I have a Motorola modem and router and it automatically set up a wireless network that I wanted to use for file sharing I am running a desktop with Windows Professional bit and a Sony VAIO laptop with Windows Professional bit The network is not usable for me because it asks for a user name and password or user credentials when I try to log on I have tried every user name and password that I have ever used and Has anyone here set up file sharing on network created by Motorola? none will allow me to access the networked computers I have no idea which user name and password they want because when it Has anyone here set up file sharing on network created by Motorola? was set up it did not ask me to set up anything except the router and I have tried those passwords default and Has anyone here set up file sharing on network created by Motorola? the one I created to take it s place I then tried to set up a Microsoft Network using HomeGroup and it gives an error saying that my Ipv is not enabled In readying a Windows book it says that Ipv is enabled by default in Windows Everything I can find on the computer idicates that it is available but after googling for a cure and trying it it still does not work I removed the first Motorola installed network and rebooted the modem which then created another network but it still asks for a user name and password that I did not create I am tired of playing their games and want to move on to something that I set up and decide on my owner password etc and not have problems like the Ipv problem with Homegroup and the user name and password questions from the Motorola setup where I had no change to pick my own user name and password Is there any other way to set up another network with file sharing outside the Motorola and Microsoft options I would like to set up another and remove the one set up by Motorola Thanks nbsp

A:Has anyone here set up file sharing on network created by Motorola?

I'm not understanding much about your environment and problem(s).

Are you able to connect to the wireless network and access the internet with both the computers? If not try with encryption disabled, and make sure you are not using MAC Address filtering.

I don't understand what it is about the wireless network that you don't like. You can change the SSID and the encryption and pretty much anything else.

Don't want to get into the Homegroup or file sharing until we make sure we have a network with which to work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/has-anyone-here-set-up-file-sharing-on-network-created-by-motorola.965286/
Relevancy 48.59%

After starting my Windows laptop if I go to the Control Panel Network and Internet View Network Computers and Devices a device is listed that is not on my network It is listed as either a Ralink wireless client Model RT U or a full ariel Model KFARWI and if I right click on the device and view the properties the Model Name and MAC Address are shown I checked the Device Manager and it was not listed in the Device Manager Also my router did not show it as an attached device I have Win laptop a Win laptop an iphone android phone ipad WD NAS and HP wireless printer connected to a Netgear AC wireless router with MAC address filtering enabled When I log into the router I have never seen either device mentioned above listed on the router list of attached devices nor do any of the devices I have on my network have the MAC address listed for either device After a short period of time the device disappears I have set up my network as a private network My concerns are Are the devices a security issue and can they access my network How come my computer detects them The devices do not list either a work group or a network location so am I correct in assuming the devices are not connecting through my router Is there anything I can do to prevent it from being detected

A:Unknown Network Device in CP\View Network Computers, Dev.

Do you have a Kindle?  This (KFARWI) looks to be an Amazon Android device - of which the Kindle is the most common device (IMO).
Search Google for Amazon KFARWI

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579758/unknown-network-device-in-cpview-network-computers-dev/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have created an ad hoc wireless network by the name quot Trial quot and created a network key as quot letstry quot Now I am trying to login to this network from other computer which is in the same room at ft distance This ad hoc network appears files in to network copying ad ad network computers connecting from hoc hoc and in the list of available networks When I connecting to ad hoc network and copying files from computers in ad hoc network try to connecting to ad hoc network and copying files from computers in ad hoc network login it asks for the network key I provided network key and then confirmed it now when I click connect instead of getting connected to first computer I am getting pop up window mwssage In the title bar of the pop window it says quot Wireless configuration quot In the message it reads quot The network password needs to be bits or bits depending on your network configuration This can be entered as or ascii characters or or hexadecimal characters quot Then I changed network key to quot letstry quot i e exactly ascii characters and now I am able to connect to the ad hboc wireless network of first computer Does it mean that network key has to bne exactly or ascii characters and nothing else than that If not then quot letstry quot network key has ascii characters between and ascii characters then why am I getting this kind of message But now I can not browse files of fisrt computer from second computer or vice versa When I am connnected to ad hoic network and open network and sharing center I see only one link quot My computer - gt internet quot which is broken Usually the link diagram is shown as quot My computer - gt Network - gt internet quot When I am connected to ad hoc network quot network quot part from the diagram is missing If there is quot network quot part in the diagram may be I can browse computers in the network and see other computer But since I can not see other computer this way how can I connect to other computer Whats the way to browse other connected computers in the ad hoc network How do I copy files from one computer to other When I click on computer I can not see the files or folders of other computer Please guide me how to copy files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-to-ad-hoc-network-and-copying-files-from-computers-in-ad-hoc-network-479434.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi i have problem
I need to make wireless networking generating from internet cable 
in my laptop i have internet connected by wire but i need to get WiFi signal from laptop computer to mobile
i create new network wireless by setup new connection  - add hoc and already created but it give me in end
waiting for user in status
when i go to mobile to see my wireless network i cannot found 
it not display. i get another mobile to confirm but also not display
My question is How to generated wireless WiFi from laptop internet cable
I using windows 7

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2c11e82d-656e-40ff-9a71-f0ad2db1cfb1/cannot-generated-wifi-from-wireless-network-in-my-laptop-although-it-created?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello

Does anyone have any ideas? Greatful for answers.

I'm trying to connect two computers, using an utp cable. So I could transfer data between the two (I do not need to connect them on the internet or anything). But it does not work, so.. this is what i´m working with and what i have.

- 2 * XP Professional computers
- 1 * UTP Cable between these two
- Both have the same value entered for "workgroup"
- I have shared the folders I want to be visible over the network
- I have assigned them diffrent IP numbers (Im clueless here)
- I have gone through the wizzard a few times now...

Browsing the workgroup nothing pops up..

Ok, that´s the basics. Anyone with ideas

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a pc n a laptop that I wish to connect so that I can share net connection.

I already have networking (just a simple wire connected to both) to transfer data, but that way I cant share the net. What are the things needed to do that, I dont have much idea about this. I am thinking of buying a LAN card, do I need to buy something more too ?

Thx in advance!

Relevancy 47.73%

Okay, so I just bought a Dell Inspiron 530 , just received it yesterday, and cannot connect to any networks. We have 2 other computers (a HP Pavilion dv6500 laptop running Vista) and another one that my bf built himself, running Xp. The dell is running XP as well. I tried to connect to our router (D-LInk model is DIR-615) directly with cable and i still can't get the internet. the wireless is not working either, JUST in the Dell. I feel like I've tried everything but can't get it to work please help!!!!

A:Can't connect 1 of 3 computers....

Please don't post duplicate threads for the same issue, answered in your other thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-1-of-3-computers.753363/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have two computers(HP & DIT). I want to use them both. When I unplug the cables from one computer to use on the other the "Local Area Connection" is disconnected. I have to use the Installation CD-ROM to reinstall the USB Drivers. I have plugged both computers into a KVM Switch but have the same problem. I would like to be able to use both computers without installing drivers when I change from one to the other.

Harry Danner [email protected]

A:Connect two computers

Do both PCs have an ethernet port?

If yes, then get a router and plug both PCs to the router and the router to the modem. No drivers, and the KVM will never touvh your connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-two-computers.872184/
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok i have searched other fourms but it seems i cant find answers.

when i try to make a new "connection" i go to "control panel > network connectons>new connection>next>set up advanced connection>next my computer freezes for about a min or two and i get this error

"incoming connections depend on the routing and remote access service which was unable to start"

anyone have any ideas how to fix this or why this would say this? this is my first time trying to connect two computers.. I have my xbox 360 and this computer networking so that i can watch movies on my 360 that are on my computer, would this cause this problem?

i am running XP home SP2

A:Cant Connect Two Computers

Start - Run:
SERVICES.MSC
ok

Maximize the Services Window
Scroll down to Routing and Remote Access
Double click on it
Change the Startup type from "Disabled" to "Automatic"
Click on Apply
Click on Start (within that box)
Close (X) the Services Window

Go back to setting up your network
I use Start-Run - NETSETUP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-two-computers.95916/
Relevancy 47.73%

Can anyone tell me how to do this? I want to connect my laptop to my desktop and use the same printer and internet connection. I am not sure how to do that exactly. Do I need a USB cable to connect the two or can everything connect through a router? Any way if you can help that would be great.

Thanks for your advice,
Charlie

A:How can I connect two computers together?

Hey Charlie,
Well I have done this in the the past is that you connect the desktop to where ever you get your internet from whether it be a modem or a direct connection to the wall using a usb cable. You then connect the ethernet port from your laptop to the ethernet port in your desktop. On your laptop, I am assuming you are using windows xp, you set up a new network connection with the option "this computer connects to the internet through another computer or gateway".
Hope that helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-connect-two-computers-together.95503/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I have two computers and my internet is with cable i dont have a modem so can i use direct cable from one computer to another

A:How to connect two computers

Quote: Originally Posted by Albanian

Hi I have two computers and my internet is with cable i dont have a modem so can i use direct cable from one computer to another

There are several ways. the easiest is to use a "cross over" cable, or "null modem" cable If one of the computers has two ethernet ports.

Could you tell us about both. wifi, and ethernet.
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/74618-how-connect-two-computers.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I connected two computers with an Ethernet crossover cable but they cannot communicate. One computer runs Windows 2000 and the other Windows XP. Both computers have the network services and TCP/IP protocols installed. Both are part of Workgroup. I cannot assign static IP addresses as Windows 2000 is connected to a cable modem for internet access.
The computer that runs Windows 2000 can see the other one but not the shared files.
The computer that runs Windows XP cannot see anything.
Please help.

A:I cannot connect my two computers

I know for a fact you can set a static IP in Windows 2000. Go into Control Panel>Network Connections and right-click and go to the properties of your Ethernet connection, not your cable modem. In the first Tab, there should be a drop down box - double-click Internet Protocol TCP/IP v4, or whatever (I am on Vista and am trying to remember what everything is called).

Do the same for XP, then set the static IPs to be 192.168.1.100 and 192.168.1.101, one on each computer obviously, and tab down to get the default subnet mask. OK everything and you should be able to type the name of the computer into windows explorer and a list of shared folders will show up. You may need to mess with firewalls...not sure if they take affect for LAN connections. That should be all you need to do - the connections should be good to go both ways. I have done this many times, so it should work if they are both on Workgroup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-connect-my-two-computers.87384/
Relevancy 47.73%

how can I connect 2 computers? a desktop, and a laptop, both can connect to internet at the same time. Do I need to have a software installed? Or I can connect both "as is", i mean no softwares needed, only using the internet, or the phone port. Is this possible? if yes, please help.

*both computers are Windows.

A:how to connect 2 computers?

Start here: http://www.homenethelp.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-2-computers.405290/
Relevancy 47.73%

i have a packard bell laptop and i have generic desktop my problem is the desktop has no keyboard or monitor can i connect the desktop to the laptop?
what do i need and how do i go about it?
cheers

A:connect two computers

Yorien says:

Duh, as far as I know you cannot connect the laptop's screen or keyboard to a Desktop PC. Sorry.

Yorien Dragonard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-two-computers.277126/
Relevancy 47.73%

I've seen some cables to connect 2 systems, 1 CRT, in a computer catalog. Is it a good idea, one computer has Windows 98 and the other is the new one with XP home. Any advise would be great.
ALso plan on buying and external CD burner, read the thread talking about the NEC DL ND-3500A. Found it in EBAy, any other suggestion on where can I get it at cheap price.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys. I have a print server. I need to connect two computers to one printer using my print server.

Relevancy 47.73%

HOW DO SEND INFORMATION FROM MY LAPTOP (WIN 98) TO MY DESKTOP (WIN 98) i AM TRYING TO USE PARALLEL PORT, BUT THE COMPUTERS CAN'T SEEM TO FIND EACH OTHER

A:Connect Two Computers

I'm assumming that you are using the DCC build in win to achive that. What you need is to add the Netbeui and IPX/SPX protocols on top of the TCP/IP that you should already have...
Then start DCC on host machine then start DCC on client. Don't forget to enable " sharing" on both machines

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-two-computers.73713/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi Im new and I do not know 2 computers Cant connect if this is Cant connect 2 computers the right area if not maybe the moderator can move it to the right spot I have a Dell desktop and using Cant connect 2 computers winxp I also have a Dell Insiron laptop with winxp When I first got them both a computer man here in town sold me a cable that connected the together everything worked fine till I messed up the laptop I deleted the wrong account and had to reload windows then I had a problem with the desktop and had to do the same Before all this I was able to quot Communicate quot between the now I cant I can not remember how to set it up all I remember is that I had to go somewhere and create a share folder Can youn help me set it back up I looked through some of the forum first for an answer but this seems to be a rather large forum Thanks Did you know that Doppler used the shifting of the white light in the spectrum to prove that our universe is expanding in all directions at the rate of million miles per hour nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
I am try two connect two computers via a crossover cable. But in some trouble.
One of my Computers has Windows 7 Operating System & the another has Windows Xp Operating System.
I just want to transfer Data fastly. But I can't afford a router or an ethernet hub. Please Help.

A:Connect Two Computers

Hello Nishant Verma , and welcome to SevenForums. This is the only thing I am aware of that works : Using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) - Windows Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/339479-connect-two-computers.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello TechGuys I have two x machines running on winxp and win They used to be connected through a simple home network some time ago via the router my old ISP provided me They were connected to the internet and to themselves independently and I used Synergy to run both from one keyboard mouse combo Now in the last few months I moved houses and never tried to connect them to each mess network created 2 home cleaning simple comp this please:) me Help I other until today via my old Sitecom modem router At first I managed to transfer some files from one comp to another and run with some connectivity problems Synergy After sometime to Help me cleaning this simple 2 comp home network mess I created please:) get rid of the connectivity problems I downloaded the new version of Synergy and installed it on both machines and that was the point where ze sheise hit ze fan mph Here is the train of disaster that took place all in a time period of two hours approximately I never was able to make Synergy work again I thought it was because the port I assigned to Synergy was not forwarded correctly on this modem but alas it was not the case While forwarding my port I lost connectivity between the machines so I said to myself quot Hey most probably if I set up a new network all those problems will vanish like in an oxidaction quot so I proceeded setting up a new connection via the network setup wiz I tried to create a regular residential gateway network from my xp machine but I don t know what and where quot that quot thing went wrong I never managed to create a network Now my winxp laptop does not connect to the internet It connects to the router via wireless but doesn t ping any site I do not have a network cannot run Synergy nor file transfer and I need them all like bread and water So please guys anybody who has more exp and brains than me in networking please help me I am quite disastered-up and need your assistance quite urgently Thank you for the attention With respect Arial nbsp

A:Help me cleaning this simple 2 comp home network mess I created please:)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-cleaning-this-simple-2-comp-home-network-mess-i-created-please.1060169/
Relevancy 47.73%

The message symantec rules automatically created for network proxy service pops up over then again.I Then quit is this any case for concern.
Ewido only had tracking spyware statcounter .and it cleaned it.
What does that mean about Norton ?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/symantec-rules-automatically-created-for-network-proxy-service.490378/
Relevancy 47.3%

I ran through the Network Wizard again, and put in the address of my desktop computer and voila!, the icon came back. I'm not a tech wizard by any means, and didn't know what the address of my desktop computer looked like, but I found some hints online and tried them. Thanks for the help guys.

A:Resolved: Network Places - Can't see one of the computers on My Network

No need to post a new thread to tell us this, just respond in the original thread. Also, you can mark the thread solved using the thread tools at the top of the page.

Here's your original thread: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/667123-network-places-can-t-see.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-network-places-cant-see-one-of-the-computers-on-my-network.667264/
Relevancy 47.3%

Preface I am running a laptop which I upgraded from windows to windows I also have a desktop that is still running windows One of the hard drives on my desktop is shared and I often-enough will copy files from my laptop to my desktop The laptop connects wirelessly and the desktop is wired Today however I could not get my laptop to see my desktop on the network It is connected to in Other network showing; computers not shows old instead. network the network I am receiving internet just fine When I first click the network tab in the navigation pane it does not list any section for any computers Other computers in network not showing; shows old network instead. So I tell it to refresh and after a moment it now displays three computers all of which were ones I would see on the network from a house I no longer live in Now as it just so happens one of those computers is my desktop as I had it back then but when I try to access it it just gives me the spinning wheel for a while and then just says it can't access it If I click quot diagnose quot it doesn't find anything that's wrong This is pretty much the same result I get form trying to connect to one of the computers from my old house I haven't changed any settings and I was indeed able to connect to that computer at this house just a week or so ago Not sure what the problem is but I haven't tried much other than resetting the computer I'm open to suggestions

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62461-other-computers-network-not-showing-shows-old-network-instead.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

So everything was fine until today when I woke up. My internet wouldn't work, it was saying that I was connected with internet access but never gave me it. I checked my router settings and it shows all the correct things.

So then, I decided to check my brother's computer which is in the same room and he couldn't connect either. I turned my computer off and somehow, my brother's computer had internet access and could access the internet.

So, I need help.

Posting from my brother's PC now. I have attempted everything, restarted the power to everything about 5 times. Our internet has always worked and has until today.

A:Can't connect two computers to one router?

router should be set up with dhcp ON, so it can assign different IP addresses to the pcs. both pc's should be set to obtain their IP addresses automatically. if the pcs have been set with fixed IP addresses, they will conflict and only one will get on, typically the first one that boots up, which sounds like your problem. hopefully you have access to the pc adapter settings and the router settings. if you must use fixed ip addresses make sure they are different on each pc.

note: even if the router is set to supply dhcp, it also may have a setting to force a fixed IP to a specific MAC address, which is unique to each pc. again, if used, this must assign different ip addresses to each device. also check your lease tables.

check your pc settings by opening an admin. command prompt and typing

ipconfig /all

then hit return. compare settings to same on working pc. incorrect dns settings can cause an apparent good connection without it being able to actually browse.

if the non-connecting pc is not picking up an IP correctly, windows assigns an APIPA (automatic private ip address) in the range 169.x.y.z. the router won't let that get on the internet tho it's OK for your local area network. sometimes right clicking the notification tray icon & choosing 'troubleshoot...' might fix that.

checking the logs on the router, and on the pc (with event viewer) may guide you as well if the above doesn't.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/267949-cant-connect-two-computers-one-router.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am intersted in doing this too Both are running Windows XP The old one has GB hard drive the new one has GB So I get this CAT cable Now what do I do with it Isn t there one that is made especially for this Is there another way What will the result be Will I get some kind of two connect computers Direct quot new hardware found quot message Will they behave as one computer Or what Will I have all the icons from both computers on Direct connect two computers my desktop And of course can I access all programs as if it were one computer Or what When I download new programs how do I tell it which drive I want it to go on to Will I get some kind of message box asking whether I want drive X or Drive Z Will computer automaticly be on the internet DSL Or is there something special that I have to do there Would I maybe have to delete programs that are duplicates from one or the other so they don t get themselves confused Or what Thanks in advance for any help here Five nbsp

A:Direct connect two computers

All the crossover cable does is connect the two PCs. You will need to set up a network...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/direct-connect-two-computers.728072/
Relevancy 46.87%

my network

modem -> router -> wifi

wifi -> win 7 64 bit
wifi -> win 7 32 bit eee laptop
wifi -> win xp 32 bit

win 7 32 bit has 2 shares setup on it, the default user share and the a manual share with permissions set to everybody.

My xp box can access both these shares
My win 7 64 bit box can only access the user share but not the manual share. It can connect to the xp shares.

The win 7 32 laptop can connect to the 64 bit shares and the xp shares.

If I ping from win 7 64 to win 7 32 like this:

ping lappy

it fails. in this case its using ipv6. however if i:

ping 192.168.1.101

it works great.

I can't figure out for the life of me how to get the win 64bit box to access the win 7 32 bit manual share.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Can't connect to share while other computers can

just bumping hoping for some help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-connect-to-share-while-other-computers-can-475220.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I'm using Windows XP PRO and have always been able to connect to my "WORKGROUP" computers but all of a sudden I get the message that I can not connect and they can't connect to me either.

I am able to get on the internet just fine.

Any HELP???

A:Can No Longer Connect To Other Computers

Usually this is related to firewall. Have you made any changes to the pc that you mention?

Will help if you post the exact message you receive when trying to access other computers on the network and visa versa.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-no-longer-connect-to-other-computers.511976/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

I have two computers - one desktop and one laptop, and one LAN cable. I have several large files on the desktop which I need to transfer to my laptop. How do I connect the two computers using a LAN cable so I can just copy and paste the files from one computer to another. I've seen it done so many times! hmmm.
Please help,

Faraz

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a desktop computer, laptop , DSL connection and 1 lan card in a desktop which uses by DSL connection. Please tell me how to connect the laptop to the desktop so that i can transfer files between both the computers...is this possible by USB cable. Please solve my problem. In both the system Windows XP Pro SP2 is isntalled.

Relevancy 46.87%

I just wanted to know on how to make more than my computer to show up on my network I am mostly on my Wireless network connection a lot but so much as Lan which is hard-wired Now I would just like to see on how to get some other computers on my own network be it wireless or Lan I know this command I put into the command prompt which is the Net View command I go to my prompt and type in net view and it says the command has completed successfully and my computer name is there as well But no other computers are there at all except for my own So why is this for I would really appreciate it to see some (IP how I in computers addresses net to more know on connect to would my to some like other computer names listed there on my command prompt when I type in Net View but I just see my own name there That is no good So is there any way to figure this out Do you have any ideas or solutions for me that will work And also I use Cain and Able a lot to check other computers and their IP's So when I click on ARP Poisoning that won't work either I tried on my wireless and my Lan but I had no luck Actually I am not sure if I tried Lan or not I will have to look into that The ARP Poisoning I think actually works I can get it to say quot Posioning quot but then it just sits there and does nothing Also at first I use the sniffer to start off And when I scan my wireless network it just shows up only my router gateway IP and my older Dell desktop IP and that is it It only shows like IP's in my network So something is not right here at all Do I need to buy a special Usb stick called Airpcap NX wireless packet capture I looked online and I saw that this was really expensive so I do not think I would like to know on how to connect to some more computers (IP addresses in my net it is worth it Well anyway so that is about it So I would I would like to know on how to connect to some more computers (IP addresses in my net like to know if it is possible to get some more computers and their IP's into my wireless network or my Lan Because I have no idea on I would like to know on how to connect to some more computers (IP addresses in my net how to do this And I know that this process is possible but I can't figure out on how to do it And this goes for entering the Net View command into the command prompt So please give me some help and adivce any help would be greatly appreciated So please get back to me as soon as you can So thank you very much

A:I would like to know on how to connect to some more computers (IP addresses in my net

How many computers are you running?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-would-like-to-know-on-how-to-connect-to-some-more-computers-ip-addresses-in-my-net-696186.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I currently have computers running different OS s Win WinXP Vista Solaris Ubuntu and Redhat conneted through a KVM switch to share mouse keyboard and monitor I do not want to leave any computer running all the time to share the printers and I do not want to add a server 8 to computers 4 printers? Connect to my configuration Currently I have a Linksys broadband with wireless router serving internet to all computers I also have a usb hub that has all printers and external hard drives connected to it Connect 8 computers to 4 printers? and it is connected to one computer at a time Every time I need it for a different computer I have to unconnected it from that computer and connect it to the one that now needs it What equipment would I need to be able to have a wireless printer switch Connect 8 computers to 4 printers? for all four printers to connect wirelessly to my Linksys router and how can I go about setting up Connect 8 computers to 4 printers? a hub for all my external hard drives to be shared to each computer nbsp

A:Connect 8 computers to 4 printers?

You need a print server and network adapters for your USB devices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-8-computers-to-4-printers.757083/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have Comcast triple play internet, phone and tv. I have a Arris TG862G/CT modem that has 4 ethernet ports on it. 1 cable goes from the modem and plugs into my computer. Can I run another cable to one of the other ethernet ports on the modem to another computer?

Relevancy 46.87%

Today I bought a DES-1005D switch so I could connect to the internet using my PC and Laptop at the same time. I have a Modem provided by my ISP but it only has 1 port, so no other computers connect, so instead i got myself a switch, I'm trying to see if it works, but it will not connect to the internet, i remove the cable from where its plugged into the modem and put it into the switch, and also a another cable connected to the laptop to the switch.

For some reason it will not connect, anything I'm doing wrong?

A:Trying to connect to the internet using 2 computers

return it -- a switch will not do what you desire -- you need a router.

that said, it should allow ONE system to work, but as soon as you connect the second,
both will loose the connection.

look carefully and the markings; ONE should be an UPLINK -- that is the one to the modem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-connect-to-the-internet-using-2-computers.128258/
Relevancy 46.87%

I got a question,
I have 2 computers which have the same 10/100mbps ethernet port, I would like to connect both these computers and set up a file sharing between them. I would like to know is it possible and how do I do it.

A:Trying to Connect 2 Computers using Ethernet

Yes it is possible. To do this, you would need a "cross-over" cable (basically an ethernet cable with a couple wires crossed over).

Of course, you still need to configure some network settings. Go here for more info.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-connect-2-computers-using-ethernet.27700/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am looking for software to connect 3 webcams for the holidays. All the webcams are in differnt states.

I am exploring what webcam to buy but wanted to know if i can conference 3 total feeds?

Relevancy 46.87%

I have two computers hooked up to the internet via a router. How can I hook both computers to one printer?

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a friend who now has a desktop computer with XP and he plans to buy a laptop with Vista. Will this create a problem with a router or does it not make any difference what system the computers have that will be connected to it?
Thanks,

A:Connect computers to Router

It will not create any problems, you can have any mix of computers running any O/S they like on the same router/network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-computers-to-router.912551/