Windows Support Forum

Laptop constantly disconnects while other computers do not

Q: Laptop constantly disconnects while other computers do not

After years of my laptop running flawlessly I ve started having major problems connecting to my router the internet I noticed the problems started happening after I did a huge gb download My computer constantly but randomly disconnects for random intervals of time If I do while computers constantly other not disconnects Laptop m lucky it ll connect just fine but once it disconnects it ll most likely not work for quite some time The other computers cellphones etc aren t having any problems with connecting and it s only my laptop Sometimes it seems to go on a quot Identifying Name No internet access quot loop or it connects to the router but I get no internet access And whenever I troubleshoot it it never really helps anything and I never get a consistent reason as to why it isn t working The laptop is an Asus running Windows Windows IP Configuration Host Name Katie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C- B-D - - -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ca comcast net Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- B-D - A- F-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address - B- - -F -DD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Laptop constantly disconnects while other computers do not Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E D -E A - FCC-BCD -B DC FA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - Laptop constantly disconnects while other computers do not - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ca comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B C D-E B- FA -BDB -E C E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop constantly disconnects while other computers do not

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 73.96%

Ok I have a Dell Latitude D with a Intel Pro wireless lan mini pci adapter internal on my computer The router is a linksys wrt gs v router The laptop will constantly disconnect and reconnect from the router mostly when I am downloading something Sometimes laptop constantly disconnects Wireless network the network will lock up and disappear completely under View network connections The problem only occurs at my GF s Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop apartment And i know its not poor signal in the walls cause she just moved and have the same problems in the new place I have the same make and model router Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop at my place and have no problems I also have no problems when I connect to the wireless network Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop at my school I also have no problems with the network using my girlfriends laptop Also my ps has no problems connecting wireless to the router either so i m pretty sure the problem is not the router but is the laptop but why only having problems with this router is really puzzling me I m at a loss of what to do i updated the firmware on the router updated the drivers on my laptop and still no solution I also changed the router s channel to one that wasn t being used by any other networks in the area nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Right, so before this DSL was rarely stable, it was incredibly slow. I solved the problem by directly connecting the modem (a Westell 6100) to the phone jack, as from what I've seen, the three way splitter that was used killed the connection speed. Now the results from doing this was the internet speed being increased sevenfold. The connection I have is from Verizon, not really too sure on the connection, but if it helps, the top speed I have now is about 70 kb/s. I've taken the line quality test from DSLReports, but from what it says, everything is apparently good. Another thing I've noticed too is that the Internet and Ethernet lights on both the router (A Linksys WRT300N) and the modem are constantly flashing. If anyone could help me with this, I'd be grateful, and the link to the test is here. http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2537166

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I have been having a problem with my DSL constantly disconnecting I like to play an online game called Rumble Fighter That s pretty much the help. DSL constantly disconnects, only game I play online It used to stay connected pretty good maybe DC DSL constantly disconnects, help. ing once in a while but lately it disconnects about every - mins I can t stay connected and it s getting anonying Here is some info about my setup DSL thru Verizon Modem Westell model W Vonage as phone company PC specs Windows Vista HP F AMD Phenom Quad Core GHz GB of DDR RAM GB HD We have also had problem with Vonage dropping calls I have have contacted them and we have done everything they can on their end to fix it so I am thinking Verizon is the problem I also ran a Line quality test and here is DSL constantly disconnects, help. the results I got http www dslreports com linequality nil Also ran DR Ping from that same site which gives me a result of which I don t know what that means and it says the following Sorry pings gave errors or timeouts from IPs were reachable Any help is greatly appreciated Should I contacted Verizon I am on the West Coast if that DSL constantly disconnects, help. matters Thanks Mike nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I have a new laptop with a built in 802.11G adapter. It connects to my router, but then disconnects periodically, sometimes it reconnects right away, other times I have to turn the wireless adapter off and back on before it reconnects. Any advice would be helpful. Is it possible it has something to do with SP2 as this is the first time I've ever used it and this is the first time I'm having problems.

A:Wireless disconnects constantly.

SP2 and the wireless adapters built in connection utility on alot of models do not play nice so usually you have to pick one or the other to use. As well you will probably want to check the channel your on as something else may be causing interferance. Have you tried your laptop in other wirelesas areas? You may want to do that to have piece of mind that your card and configuration of your laptop is working properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-disconnects-constantly.407959/
Relevancy 59.77%

Heres my problem, it has persisted for the past 3-4 months or so.

Randomly, but more frequently when i am gaming (WoW, Counter strike, Ventrilo, Warcraft III), my cable completely disconnects my internet and telephone (Optimum online & Voice)

The modem itself stays on but the lights for DS, US, and Online go out for 30 secs to a minute then reconnects and my internet is fine for the next 30 minutes or so until the same thing happens again.

I have switched out modems since it happened, no change.
I have switched out routers (upgraded from a WRT54GS to a WRT310N), no change.

I have seen you guys do some remarkable stuff with Hijackthis and such, if you could help me now with this problem it would relieve a lot of grief.

Thanks for your time

A:Internet Constantly Disconnects

Hi

Just out of interest have you contacted your ISP in case it is a fault with their equipment. ?

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-constantly-disconnects.109954/
Relevancy 59.77%

When on Windows 7 (release 7100, 64 bit), the wireless internet disconnects after/during downloading a file, game downloads updates, or even when playing an online game. The internet still appears to be connected to my network however a message mentions "limited access". If I disconnect from the network, I am unable to reconnect to the network (error comes up).

This issue does not occur when using Ubuntu (dual boot) or on other computers connected to the internet (using Win XP/Vista). And does not occur when directly connected to the internet.

I also have noticed somewhat of an issue that may be relating to this problem. My network adapter is Belkin Wireless G Desktop Card F5D7000. However, Windows 7 recognizes the network card as "Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card"

Thanks for any help~

A:Wireless Constantly Disconnects

I've got the same exact problem. I have a Rosewill RNX-N2X wireless adapter. My computer does the same thing - the wireless connection comes up with limited access and it won't connect again.

Along with this though, when this happens, my CPU starts getting eaten up to almost 90% usage by something. When I try to shut down, it just locks at the shutting down screen, and I have to hold in the button.

The connection works most of the time when just surfing the web, but when making my account for this site it decided to disconnect. I've tried changing the wireless security, channel, drivers, etc... When I try a wired connection, the connection stays fine under heavy load, so it must be something with wireless drivers or something..Please help!

Edit: Also, my router is a D-Link DIR-655, but I don't think it's the problem. A Windows 7 laptop does not have any problems with this using the same router.

Edit 2: Nevermind, wireless disconnects even when surfing web after about 3-4 minutes, but downloads stop it instantly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/23476-wireless-constantly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I've had Verizon DSL for a while now, and I'll be honest, its the worst service we have ever gotten.
It goes down consistently, and by the time i call Verizon Tech Support, internet seems to stabilize and they say there is nothing wrong with my internet.
I did a line test at dslreports and got the following result.
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2552521

Looks just fine, but what explains the constant disconnections?
Oh, their 24/7 Tech Support lines seemed to have been closed for a long time now as well. Also, when i try calling corporate, they put my on hold then hang up.

Sooo, what do you guys think?
Thanks in advance.
-Jonathan

Relevancy 59.77%

Um, I do have internet that runs perfectly but for some reason..after a good while on the internet, it disconnects and i have to reboot just to get a connection everytime. I don't know what is going on but it gets on my nerves. I'm working on a bunch of projects that need access to the internet but i can't finish them with the internet giving up on me everytime i need it. Is there anything i can do to fix this?

A:Internet Constantly Disconnects...

First, try another browser to see if this behavior occurs there. This'll let us know if it's a browser issue or not. Here's a link to a nice free browser (Firefox) that I use: http://www.mozilla.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72897/internet-constantly-disconnects/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all, I recently bought my first laptop (HP Streambook) and it's fine except for it constantly disconnecting from my wifi?
It only does this in my room (note that every other device I own can still pick up and keep a consistent connection in here), and when it picks up the connection, it only has 2-3 bars. It'll then go to 5 bars for about 30 secs, then disconnect completely. When I attempt to reconnect it may not work at all, or appear there with 2-3 bars again. I have reset the network card more times than I care to mention and any amount of troubleshooting won't help. I'm at my wit's end, any ideas?

A:WiFi constantly disconnects?

Welcome to the forum!

Honestly, not the top of the line when it comes to notebooks/laptops. Can't rule out that it simply has a weak wifi adapter and antenna. What adapter does it have? May need to update the drivers. How far are you from the router and are there walls in between?

Also be sure the adapter is not allowed to sleep and power saving mode is not enabled.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62902-wifi-constantly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I CANNOT take this anymore Over the past two weeks our connection has progressively gotten worse and worse to the point now where I m lucky enough to stay online minutes not ISP Wireless disconnects- constantly Solved: at a time Our ISP is AT Solved: Wireless constantly disconnects- not ISP amp T and before this our net used to get easily Solved: Wireless constantly disconnects- not ISP disconnected by a phone call we are to get this problem in itself solved soon with filters The modem router is connected to my mother s computer downstairs She never seems to have any problems with connectivity or at least not as much as I do I m running wireless in the room right above her and I have never had this bad of a problem until recently Any wireless connection upstairs drops constantly and becomes horribly slow or disconnects completely it is still connected to the router We called our ISP and they claimed it was not a problem on their end The tech support was actually very thorough and he did everything he could from tests to helping me reset our modem back to factory settings in case there was anything possibly wrong with the modem itself- which is not that old - years give or take I ve tried multiple times to disconnect the modem and reconnect to restart the system which used to work this issue is something completely different I updated my wireless networking card driver and the problem persists I don t know what else to do and my patience has worn thin on this issue It s very bizarre and I have tried to search for anything similar but to no avail PLEASE if anyone can help let me know and if you need any more information and thank you so much in advance if you have any idea in which to help me with this problem Here is the Ipconfig if it helps at all Windows IP Configuration Host Name amie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description n Wireless PCI Express Card LAN Ada pter Physical Address - - -DA-CC-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c f b da a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - F- - F-C -DB- - B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - F-C -DB- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address - -C - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E -A B - -A - FD br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c bba b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c bba b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Loca... Read more

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,
I have ATT Uverse Internet, and an att uverse gateway, and on my computer the wireless keeps randomly disconnecting. Over the past few weeks it has started doing this more and more often, for instance today I can't get connection for more than 5 minutes before it disconnects. However, the wireless works on my other computer, Xbox, and iphone, so I'm not sure what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi im new to this forum I have some problems with my network To begin i have a D-Link DI- wireless router with latest firware And i have pc's and a laptop All computers have D-Link wireless network adapters which can have a throughput of mb so can the wireless router The network is fine No problems Constantly Network Drive Disconnects My pc has a HDD that the whole network can put there stuff on they have full access to it But my brothers pc and my dads laptop keep losing connection to after a certain amount Network Drive Constantly Disconnects of time But my sisters pc has no problems it wont loose connection Here are some basic specs of the pc's Mine Windows XP Pro x SP AMD Athlon X gb SATA Master HDD not shared gb ATA Slave HDD full access gb DDR RAM Dual Channel Brothers Windows XP Home SP Intel P HTT ghz gb ATA Master HDD not Shared gb DDR RAM Sisters Windows Network Drive Constantly Disconnects Vista Home Basic Intel Core Duo ghz i think gb ATA Master HDD not shared gb DDR RAM Dads Laptop Window XP Home SP AMD Athon gb ATA Master HDD Not Shared mb DDR RAM Any ideas If you need more info just say

A:Network Drive Constantly Disconnects

Anyone going to help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-drive-constantly-disconnects-144284.html
Relevancy 58.91%

So I recently bought a Vantec SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter. Once I got it I hooked it up to my 750gb Seagate Barracuda hard drive; it let me view the files, but after I wanted to access my user folder, it said something about not having permission and closed unexpectedly. After that happened, I shut it off. Now when I plug it into any one of my computers, it repeatedly connects and then disconnects within 30 seconds. What should I do?

A:SATA HDD to USB Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects

Try a different cable. Try the Seagate in a computer. Try a different drive in the Vantec.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/49458-sata-hdd-usb-constantly-disconnects-reconnects.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

I have a network with up to a dozen computers at any one time.
All have static ips
Most are wired.

The prob is between 2 wireless computers.
If I run both comps with windows xp, all is fine.
But 1 of the pcs is often booted from a live (Puppy) Linux cd.
When I boot using Linux, both of these pcs start dis/reconnecting to the network, every few minutes.
The nics both have different macs, & they are both assigned their own static ips correctly.
Another wireless pc on the network is not affected.

Any ideas why the disconnects & how to solve this prob?

PS. I am using a Netgear 824 router.

Thanks for any replies

Rob

Relevancy 58.91%

I want to apologize in advanced for my lengthy post I recently upgraded my systems to and Reconnects Wireless Constantly Disconnects Windows Ultimate -bit Ultimate edition on both my desktop and laptop and have changed my router to a D-Link DGL- Here is some information on my systems Dell Inspiron Wireless Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects desktop - wired Windows Ultimate -bit Intel PWLA GT Mbps PCI PRO GT Desktop Adapter x RJ Sony VAIO VGN-CR laptop - wireless Windows Ultimate -bit Intel Wireless Wi-Fi Link AGN Wireless connection is managed by Windows D-Link DGL- settings Basic Wireless Settings Band GHz Mode Mixed n g b Auto Channel Scan Disabled Wireless Channel GHz - Channel Transmission Rate Best Channel Width MHz Advanced Wireless Settings Transmit Power High Beacon Period RTS Threshold Fragmentation Threshold DTIM Wireless Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects Interval WLAN Partition Disabled WMM Enabled Short GI Enabled I have been getting choppy speeds on my desktop and my laptop disconnects and reconnects constantly I ended up disabling a few other settings on my router which were not mentioned above I disabled Gamefuel the firewall SPI and I changed the NAT Endpoint Filtering for both UDP and TCP to Endpoint Independent This sped up my wired connection a bit but didn t help my wireless I also changed some of my wireless adapter settings on my laptop to show the following n Channel Width for band Auto n Mode Enabled Ad Hoc Channel b g Ad Hoc Power Management Disabled Ad Hoc QoS Mode WMM disabled Fat Channel Intolerant Disabled Mixed Mode Protection CTS-to-Self enabled Roaming Aggressiveness Lowest Throughput Enhancement Disabled Transmit Power Highest Wireless Mode a b g Nothing has worked I don t think it s my laptop only because I can connect to one of my neighbor s unsecured connections Another thing is that my Blackberry cannot connect to my network either It can pick up other wireless connections but not mine I used the PBC security method to set up the connection I don t know if this would help but there are at least other wireless connections that my laptop can see I normally wouldn t mind picking up free wi-fi but I would prefer to connect to my own network since I have a NAS server set up Please HELP nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

As the topic title says, my Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN (On this machine) Constantly connects and disconnects about every 5-10 seconds. My other machines on my network are fine.

I've tried moving the card into different PCI slots;
Changing the RJ45;
Installing drivers on the CD provided;
Installing drivers from the internet;
Uninstalling the card completely and installing as above;

Any ideas?
Any other specs you may require, just ask and i'll post them.

Windows XP (No service Packs as i just formatted. It had the same problems with SP1 and SP2 installed too)

Many thanks.

Ben

A:Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN Connects-Disconnects constantly

Where are you connecting to? A router? A switch? A bridge? A hub? Another computer?
What does your network look like in general?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-10-100-lne100tx-lan-connects-disconnects-constantly.22663/
Relevancy 58.48%

I've never had this issue before with my Linksys Wireless-G PCI adapter model WMP54G. Its not much of a big problem but it is annoying! Connection is great at Excellent but sometimes it just disconnects and then automatically re-connects. It doesn't matter if I'm in the middle of loading a webpage or using the connection in any way either. I've checked for radio frequency interference and there is none in its area. The router is an Actiontec. Also whats frustrating is the connection speed even with an Excellent connection. It tops out at 54Mbps but sometimes drops to 12Mbps or 18Mbps even when there isn't heavy connection activity and the connection runs very slow. Google and web searches have not been successful. Any ideas?

A:[SOLVED] Wireless Adapter constantly disconnects.

How far away is the access point? What happens if you move directly in front of it? Do the problems still occur?
Are there any walls / Metal objects / fridges (large electrical components etc) between you and the access point?
You can try to swivel the Access Point aerial so it is horizontal instead of vertical or vertical instead of horizontal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-wireless-adapter-constantly-disconnects-503426.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello For the past months or so I ve had trouble with my internet and have tried recently to fix it since it annoys me insanely Here s my setup - Sony Vaio FE laptop with Vista Home Premium -bit service pack - Router is a Verizon FiOS MI WR reconnects disconnects Wireless and constantly internet - A desktop is connected through wire and doesn t Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly experience the problems Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly Here s the problem My wireless internet constantly disconnects and then reconnects right away for seemingly no reason Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly I can t find a pattern sometimes I have no dropouts for hours sometimes it happens every - seconds for a few minutes I have tried the following - Updating drivers for both the router there was none and my wireless network card - Changing router channels to - Changing to static IP and back - Scanning my computer for viruses with Security Essentials and Spybot removing any bad stuff it found - Doing diagnostics through the router doing a ping test to my computer but it just says quot test failed quot and doesn t help me any further None of that helped and the situation remained the same From the tons of stuff I ve read online I know a few things that could be wrong but I m not sure - There s the wireless phones but the dropouts are completely independent from whenever a phone call is being made or received there s no pattern I don t know if that means anything or if it doesn t matter - I am about feet away from the router the signal has to travel from an office through a living room and into another room where my laptop is However the signal strength is described as quot excellent quot full bars - It could also be a problem with my internal network card For the longest time I ve had a problem with my WiFi switch it has become loose and I have to fiddle with it to keep it on since it sometimes moves to the off position But the dropout happens even when I m not touching the computer which could shake it to the off position and when the switch is on I thought about buying an external USB network adapter thing to bypass a possibly broken internal card but I don t know if that would work and if it would end up being a waste of money - Finally my laptop s power connection is semi-broken on the laptop itself It fell about a foot down onto where the power is plugged in which is on the side and whatever holds the cord into the computer became loose resulting in the computer going to battery for a second before coming back to AC power pretty often It usually happens when typing and there s vibration on the computer from it maybe once or twice an hour I read that using the laptop when it s disconnected from power could result in internet fallouts but the power plug has been broken for over a year while the internet problems didn t show up until about months ago So there s my situation Sorry for the long post and thank you if you read it nbsp

A:Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly

when your internet drops out, does the router still have an internet connection, i.e. is the router still getting an IP address from your ISP? since you said that the desktop is hard-wired into the router and doesn't experience this same problem, i'm assuming this is the case. it seems as though the problem lies more in the wireless connection and not the router or your ISP.

you may need to get a wireless expander because that distance seems fairly long.

a new network card or a wireless USB may help matters, but it still seems like a long distance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-disconnects-and-reconnects-constantly.915917/
Relevancy 58.48%

I m constantly getting disconnected on my Comcast Internet It s my primary connection but I do have a VZW BroadbandAccess as a secondary and for when I commute go on the road etc This has always happened but mostly stopped after Internet Comcast Disconnects Solved: Constantly I switched to a - mhz -Way Solved: Comcast Internet Constantly Disconnects splitter about months ago Before that the disconnects would be like every ten days Now it s happening every few hours Sometimes it resolves itself sometimes I have to disconnect and reconnect the modem from the cable line powercycling doesn t do it My cable modem is a real pain to get to being at the bottom of a rack in my crawlspace It s on a cheap VA UPS with the router and some switches It always fails on establishing send channels Can tell that from the logs Which I can t seem to access anymore but that s what it always used to be Modem SB ISP Comcast Chicago Router WRT G v on DD-WRT but it doesn t really matter Does the same thing when connected to my RouterBoard but that s not setup the way I want it yet Other Stuff Airport Express as AP Print Server Speakers with DHCP turned off Should I just order a new modem Any recommendations Would a bidir cable amplifier before the splitter help nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have had a problem for the past couple days. I have looked over many places on the internet and have not found a solution.

The problem is my computer ASUS ul 30-a up until a few days ago was running fine on wireless until a couple of days ago when the wireless constantly was cutting out every minute or so and reconecting 10-15 seconds later. I have reformatted my computer and installed multiple new driver from the Asus website. When wired into the router the internet works perfectly. But wireless even directly next to it does not work. Their are 2 other laptops in the house neither which have had any problem dropping connections. Another thing I fine odd is that my computer is perfectly fine on my wireless at school. I have tried resetting the router and multiple router setting but still nothing. Renew release Ip, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 58.05%

So i have 2 computers in my network and when they are both on i'm getting disconnects and they last for like 10secs and then it works fine for 5-10 mins and then disconnects again.

A:Getting disconnects when 2 computers in same network

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-disconnects-when-2-computers-in-same-network.817825/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a wireless home network set constantly Solved: disconnects on computer Wireless one network up with desktop computers and laptops Most of the computers have no problems but one gets disconnected almost immediately if the network is left idle for a short time usually takes less than a minute The only way I can stay connected is to constantly download a file browse online without stopping play a game online etc If I stop Windows XP SP still displays the network as connected usually with Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer Excellent or Very Good Signal Strength yet I cannot do anything online I can t even successfully ping the router a Netgear WGT v until I disconnect from the network then reconnect Simply clicking repair does not fix anything My network adapter is an Airlink AWLH g Wireless PCI Adapter I have all power saving options disabled so I don t believe the adapter is turning itself off I previously had an Airlink router but moved and it got lost so I now have the Netgear router Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer I never had any problems connecting the other router If I use my laptop in the same room as the desktop it has no problems so I don t think the location of the computer Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer is a problem Any suggestions of what could be causing this problem on this computer Thanks in advance and feel free to ask any questions for further clarification -Jeff nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I've been trying to use my IPv6 as default over IPv4. After manually entering in the IP address into the adapter under IPv6 protocol, it would connect for 5 minutes before disconnecting itself. I would have to constantly redo just to keep the connection up. How can I use my IPv6 without constantly disconnecting, is there something I'm doing wrong?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/392167-ipv6-constantly-disconnects-windows-7-xfinity-comcast.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all,

I downloaded the latest .NET Framework update from Microsoft (.NET Framework 3.5 SP1). Now, I decided that rather than downloading the 231MB through the Update site three times, I'd download the full installer, and copy it to the other machines.

The download worked fine, but when I copy the file between my computers, across a wireless network, partway through it disconnects.

Any ideas what would cause this? Thank you in advanced.

Relevancy 56.33%

I am using Aztech DSL 1000ER broadband modem (no wireless function, the modem is combined with router, has 4 ethernet wire ports). One Windows XP SP3 PC (Desktop) and one Apple laptop is connected to to the modem by ethernet cables.

When only the Win XP PC is connected to the internet, the internet connection is stable and working fine.
When both the Win XP PC and Apple laptop are connected to the internet at the same time, both will experience frequent disconnection. The disconnection last about 5 seconds each time and it will automatically be connected again after 5 seconds. This happens about 6 to 8 times every hour.

I brought my modem (previous same one also having this problem) to the service center and they exchanged a new one for me. The modem that I am using now is a brand new modem. Any help is appreciated.

A:Internet disconnects intermittently when two computers are online at the same time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disconnects-intermittently-when-two-computers-are-online-at-the-same-time.921729/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I'm bombed by a harmful virus which always slowing down my internet and lots of disconnections. I also redirected to different harmful web pages (some of them are Russian porn sites and dating sites).

I scanned multiple times with Kaspersky Internet Security tools (pro) and Malwarebytes along with Adware Cleaner. They couldn't detect any infections.

Because of this virus I can't use my internet properly. Every other computer and phone at my home can connect to internet with high speed and not a single problem ever.
Here's the link I get redirected to: Meet local singles!

Please help me get rid of this virus, I'm desperate with only one choice of resetting my computer if it doesn't stop..

A:Malware/Virus constantly slows down and disconnects my internet and redirects to harmful webpages

Hello,

They call me TwinHeadedEagle around here, and I'll be working with you.

Before we start please read and note the following:

At the top of your post, please click on the "Watch thread" button and make sure to check Watch this thread...and receive email notifications. This will send an email to you as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing me to solve your problem faster.
Please do not install any new software during the cleaning process other than the tools I provide for you. This can hinder the cleaning process. Please do not perform System Restore or any other restore.
Instructions I give to you are very simple and made for complete beginner to follow. That's why you need to read through my instructions carefully and completely before executing them.
Please do not run any tools other than the ones I ask you to, when I ask you to. Some of these tools can be very dangerous if used improperly. Also, if you use a tool that I have not requested you use, it can cause false positives, thereby delaying the complete cleaning of your machine.

All tools we use here are completely clean and do not contain any malware. If your antivirus detects them as malicious, please disable your antivirus and then continue.
If during the process you run across anything that is not in my instructions, please stop and ask. If any tool is running too much time (few hours), please stop and inform me.
I visit forum several times at day, making sure to respond to everyone's topic as fast as possible. But bear in mind that I have private life like everyone and I cannot be here 24/7. So please be patient with me. Also, some infections require less, and some more time to be removed completely, so bear this in mind and be patient.
Please stay with me until the end of all steps and procedures and I declare your system clean. Just because there is a lack of symptoms does not indicate a clean machine. If you solved your problem yourself, set aside two minutes to let me know.

Please attach all report using button below. Doing this, you make it easier for me to analyze and fix your problem.

Do not ask for help for your business PC. Companies are making revenue via computers, so it is good thing to pay for the repair.
If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.

Rules and policies

We won't support any piracy.
That being told, if any evidence of illegal OS, software, cracks/keygens or any other will be revealed, any further assistance will be suspended. If you are aware that there is this kind of stuff on your machine, remove it before proceeding!
The same applies to any use of P2P software: uTorrent, BitTorrent, Vuze, Kazaa, Ares... We don't provide any help for P2P, except for their removal. All P2P software has to be uninstalled or at least fully disabled before proceeding!

Failure to follow these guidelines will result with closing your topic and withdrawning any assistance.

Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/malware-virus-constantly-slows-down-and-disconnects-my-internet-and-redirects-to-harmful-webpages.54447/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello TwinHeadedEagle,

My web browser (Chrome and IE) also redirect to "Meet Local Singles". I follow your instructions and have 2 files. Please see the attachments. Thank very much for your help

A:Malware/Virus constantly slows down and disconnects my internet and redirects to harmful webpages

Task: {069C68BA-AD06-4E87-8E5E-F3C43AC230FC} - System32\Tasks\AutoKMS => C:\Windows\AutoKMS\AutoKMS.exe

This topic will now be closed due to evidence of cracked or pirated software on this system.

Piracy Policy

Should you think that is not the case, please send me a private message.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/malware-virus-constantly-slows-down-and-disconnects-my-internet-and-redirects-to-harmful-webpages.54556/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I have found a few people with similar problems after extensive searching but nothing I have tried has worked so far I recently built a new PC from scratch and installed Vista which I am still getting to grips with Everything works fine except the wireless connection drops seemingly at random (other Vista unaffected disconnects with Asus Wifi + randomly computers Wireless Solo about - times a day When it disconnects there are no wireless networks availible to connect to there are usually different networks in the list and I have to disable and enable wireless networking on the network connections screen When Wireless randomly disconnects with Vista + Asus Wifi Solo (other computers unaffected I initially set up the computer i had a lot of trouble getting the wireless to work at all due to interference between the asus wifi software and vista In order to get it to work I manually installed the drivers from the realtek website Other computers connected to the Wireless randomly disconnects with Vista + Asus Wifi Solo (other computers unaffected network are unaffected by the drop outs including my XP laptop which I have right next to the computer Connection strength and internet speed is fine when it actually works All the software I am running is pretty much the same as on Wireless randomly disconnects with Vista + Asus Wifi Solo (other computers unaffected my XP laptop so I can t think of any problems there I have tried numerous wireless channels changing from b g to g only resetting the router and reinstalling the wifi drivers several times powersaving has been disabled for the wifi card also One thing that is a little perculiar is that even though the wireless adapter is part of the motherboard it appears as a usb device in the quot safely remove hardware quot list but i have been unable to find alternative drivers This is all the information I can think to provide other details are listed below PC intel Q vista ultimate bit Asus PK -E motherboard with Asus Wifi Solo Realtek RTL L Drivers installed version Wireless Be Broadband UK SpeedTouch b g Channel Selection Manual Channel Allow multicast from Broadband Network Yes Broadcast Network Name No Allow New Devices New stations are allowed automatically Security Mode WEP bit here is what i get from trying ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users teaeff gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name teaeff-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List config Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix config Description Realtek RTL Wireless b g Mbps USB Network Adapter Physical Address - -AF- - E- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bc cd b b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - D- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A B D-C DE- A-BB - FC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix config Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a a d eba Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe a a... Read more

A:Wireless randomly disconnects with Vista + Asus Wifi Solo (other computers unaffected

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-randomly-disconnects-with-vista-asus-wifi-solo-other-computers-unaffected.691204/
Relevancy 53.75%

Here is my setup. I have a wired desktop connected to a D-Link DIR-615 wireless router. which in turn is connected to a cable modem. I have a PS3 and a wireless computer that will connect to the network for a period of time (varying from days to hours) but eventually the wireless computers will lose connection to the network and are unable to reconnect unless I power cycle the modem. The utility included with my wireless card detects the signal from the router loud and clear, but when attempting to assign an IP address the system fails and assigns the 169.254.X.X IP address. What the hell is going on?

A:Wireless Computers Dropping Constantly

Some things you can try here, listed in the order you should try them.
For wireless connections, remove all the stored wireless profiles and search for networks. You'll have to enter the encryption key again, which is sometimes the issue for connection problems.
For wireless connections, change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
For wireless connections, try moving either the wireless router/AP or the wireless computer. Even a couple of feet will sometimes make a big difference.
Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-computers-dropping-constantly.864860/
Relevancy 53.75%

My computer is constantly "working" the noise it makes when you open a big program is constant..I have notice a drop in speed also..I am using SAS and MalwareBytes anti malware also kaspersky all are up to date and Ive scan with all three recently i get little tool bars and cookies but nothing major....It just seems like my computer is always working and Ive gotten a bit slower..I was thinking of the combofix's and HiJackthis's but I am not that advanced.

Thanks in Advance for any help

Exactly

A:Computers constantly "working" and I have nothing running

I cant find the "edit" button but I was inform to include my OS Win xp sp3

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/343051/computers-constantly-working-and-i-have-nothing-running/
Relevancy 47.73%

Whenever I'm away from my laptop (Dell, Windows XP) for more than a few minutes, it disconnects from the internet, and I have to re-boot to re-connect. This is happening with my current wireless home network, but it used to happen when I had a wired connection. The internet signal strength is excellent.

Is there a setting I need to change, or is there just something wrong with my computer? Is it fixable or do I just need a new one? (I've already tried turning off the various hibernate features.)

A:Laptop Disconnects From Internet

bjbmd, some suggestions:

- since both wired and wireless had a common denominator (loss of wireless), have you checked your isp?
- how much memory do you have? Make sure virtual memory is set efficiently
- run CleanDisk from System Accessories to clear out cache
- defragment your the os drive in safe mode
- make sure you have the latest drivers for your wireless card (check manufacturer's website to update)
- make sure you have the latest firmware for your wireless router (also check manufacturer's website)
- check your cables to ensure they are in good shape
- run a good spyware scan (spybot, ad-aware, or avg-antispyware)

-Drymobius

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79626/laptop-disconnects-from-internet/
Relevancy 47.73%

Okay, my school issued laptops to half of the students and I got one. The internet works perfectly fine at school. At home I set up my connection and can successfully connect to the internet. My router is a Linksys WRT54G v5 with the latest firmware and no 2.4ghz phones in my house. Still, I disconnect every 15 minutes or so and it's really annoying because I can't download anything big, play online games, or comfortably use instant messaging because of this. Can any of you help me?

If you need any more information let me know. Thanks for your help.
Shade

A:Laptop regularly disconnects

How are you connecting at school (ethernet or wireless)? At home?

If wireless at home, have you tried ethernet? Is there another network in range on the same or close channel as yours?

Are any other computers connected to the router at home? If so, how? And do they suffer the same disconnects?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-regularly-disconnects.494756/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, i have a problem

my laptop disconnects from the network from time to time ONLY when my sister is connected to the network with her laptop at the same time. At any other time, my internet runs smoothly.. her laptop never disconnects, only mine!

My laptop: Toshiba Satellite running Windows 7 Home Premium
Sisters: Hewlett Packard running Windows Vista Business with SP2

My router is a 'Home Network Gateway' from Telstra Bigpond.

I think that should be enough info for an expert to figure out the problem, please help! thanks!

A:Laptop disconnects from network

can anybody help me? please!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-disconnects-from-network-511322.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I ve recently got a Dell Inspiron laptop I have an ADSL connection at home and an SMC VBR router Each time I connect the laptop to it it disconnects every - minutes or so disconnecting also the other PC on the same LAN at the same time there s always a notification on the PC that says a network periodically LAN Laptop disconnects cable is unplugged After a minute everything is back to normal When I hibernate or Laptop disconnects LAN periodically switch off the laptop with the ethernet plugged in the next time I switch it on Laptop disconnects LAN periodically I have the same problem both comps are disconnected from the Internet and it needs some time to connect again Could it be a hardware problem or is it rather networking issue I have Windows Vista Basic on the laptop Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet controller and I ve set up a static IP On the desktop that s on the same network I have Windows XP Home Thanks for all your help nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, My new laptop with vista on it disconnects from the internet whenever I'm not using it. I made sure it doesn't go into sleep mode anymore and it still does it. Any idea why it's doing this? Also i heard from a friend that the newest AIM for vista messes up vista. Is this true?

Thanks!

A:My Laptop Disconnects from the internet

there is a setting in power options that can be set to turn off your hard disk, check that setting as well
open power opptions in control panel select change when computer goes to sleep on the left and then towards the bootm in blue, there is a link to 'Change advanced power settings' click that and there are more options there - check those settings

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-disconnects-from-the-internet-218488.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys!

I am having the problem that my Laptop, despite full wireless signal, sporadically disconnects from the internet. I hardly realize it until I talk to my family on Skype. It happens up to every 15 minutes. I don't think it's a router related issue because I can use Skype for 2 hours straight on my iphone (using my wireless network) without a problem... I am wondering if I have a setup issue on my Laptop?

Thank you for your help!

A:Laptop disconnects from Internet randomly

moved to networking forum

can we see the following information when its working correctly and again when disconnects
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-disconnects-from-internet-randomly.981624/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all, my Acer aspire is now knocking on about 5-6 year old but is working well. However recently there has been a big problem, which is whenever I turn my laptop power on the Wifi Internet goes off. Any other time the Internet is absolutely fine but this only happens when said laptop is turned on. I have rebooted the laptop and nothing has changed. Can anyone please help?

Relevancy 47.3%

sometimes "com surrogate not working" error comes but i dont think that is the problem behind disconnection main issue is that while is close the lid of my  laptop, after sometime it disconnects wifi automaticallyin the power options the closing lid option has been selected to do nothingthen also problem persistsdont know what to dowhen is open the lid again it connects

A:wireless disconnects when laptop lid is closed

Hi, You can turn this off using Device Manager (a) Go to Device Manager,(b) Expand Network adapters,(c) Right click Wireless adapter and select Properties,(d) Go to Power Management tab,(e) Untick Allow the computer to turn off ...(f) Click Ok/Apply             Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wireless-disconnects-when-laptop-lid-is-closed/td-p/5640429
Relevancy 47.3%

How do I stop this from happening?
My GTalk calls end and the Online XM Radio stops streaming when I close my lid on my laptop.

Relevancy 47.3%

My laptop is HP Compaq Presario V It originally came Windows laptop my 7 on internet Hp disconnects with Windows Vista I recently upgraded it to Windows Now I am experiencing these problems My laptop LAN connection would disconnect frequently I will have to unplug and replug my ethernet cable for the Windows 7 disconnects internet on my Hp laptop windows to connect again to the internet I have been using this ethernet cable and internet on my previous laptops and pc but I didn t experienced this problem I tried to use Windows 7 disconnects internet on my Hp laptop the same cable on other laptops and it works just fine I tried updating my drivers thru Microsoft update it didn t fix the problem can you please suggest what specific driver should I install There is an error that say quot consider replacing your battery quot Does it mean that windows destroyed my battery My battery works fine when I was using vista Windows 7 disconnects internet on my Hp laptop but when I installed WIndows I saw changes in my battery I used to have hrs of battery life now it doesn t even lasts for mins PLEASE HELP ME nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,
Yesterday I was running my Inspiron 15z on battery and noticed internet got disconnected and says "No Internet Access"...
I made sure that it doesn't disconnect when on power.
Does that really have to do with Internet? Or was it just a Windows bug or something?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987979
Relevancy 47.3%

Dell Inspiron 600m, Win XP SP2, New Belkin wireless G router, only machine with connection problems;
No nearby phone or trouble with other nearby networks.
There is one other machine wired to the router.

The laptop can connect. However, it will disconnect after ~5 minutes. When viewing the wireless networks, it will say that it is connected to the network, however it must not be as I can't open the router page, and it will not ping it.

Thoughts? Suggestions? What other info do you need?

A:Wireless laptop randomly disconnects

Some things you can try here.
For wireless connections, change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
For wireless connections, try moving either the wireless router/AP or the wireless computer. Even a couple of feet will sometimes make a big difference.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.
Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-laptop-randomly-disconnects.789130/
Relevancy 47.3%

Facebook disconnects on my iPhone. I was part of a tagging game and now I can't get into FB on my phone. I now realize that mylaptop has been disconnecting for over 12 months and it is when I have FB open. My laptop is xp and I use Mozilla. I use FB for my online business. This is very frustrating. Need help asap thanks

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I've been having this problem for the last couple of weeks now I'm running Windows and my laptop disconnects from the Internet every couple of hours but in the wireless network connection's window it says that I'm connected and a little yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark appears on the signal strength icon In order to re-connect I have to right click my connection and hit disconnect then click my connection and connect again There are other laptops connected to my home network and none of them face this problem so i don't think it's a router isp problem sometimes a little red x would appear on the signal strength icon and my network adapter would disappear from the device manager and the only way to fix that is to shut the computer off and start it again then the red x icon would disappear and i'd be able to connect for a couple of hours again until the little yellow triangle appears again i've unchecked the save power box in the driver properties but still doesn't help also all drivers are up to date any help would be much appreciated thanks from disconnects Laptop Internet randomly

A:Laptop disconnects from Internet randomly

Quote: Originally Posted by killadragon

Hi,

I've been having this problem for the last couple of weeks now. I'm running Windows 7 and my laptop disconnects from the Internet every couple of hours but in the wireless network connection's window it says that I'm connected and a little yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark appears on the signal strength icon. In order to re-connect I have to right click my connection and hit disconnect, then click my connection and connect again. There are 3 other laptops connected to my home network and none of them face this problem so i don't think it's a router/isp problem.

sometimes a little red x would appear on the signal strength icon and my network adapter would disappear from the device manager and the only way to fix that is to shut the computer off and start it again, then the red x icon would disappear and i'd be able to connect for a couple of hours again until the little yellow triangle appears again, i've unchecked the save power box in the driver properties but still doesn't help, also all drivers are up to date.

any help would be much appreciated
thanks

Are you by chance using "homegroup" and are the other machines older OS'es?

win 7 uses IPv6 in homegroup. That really is only meant to be used with win 7 machine and not older machines or routers. they are meant to run workgroup and use IPv4.
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/128255-laptop-disconnects-internet-randomly.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite S t-A rencently It has Windows not The network wireless adaptor is Realtek RTL E Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC Unfortunately when I close the laptop lid the wireless internet connection disconnects I tried the following I made sure to go to the Realtek Wireless Network Adaptor in Device Manager and unchecked the quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot I also closed disconnects when Wireless is lid laptop went to the Power Options and set it so it does Nothing when Wireless disconnects when laptop lid is closed the lid is closed In Advanced Power Settings I Wireless disconnects when laptop lid is closed changed the Wireless Adaptor Settings' Power Saving Mode to Maximum Performance I updated the wireless network adaptor driver and that did not help I also removed it and put back an older driver which did not help either I removed the Toshiba Eco power management program that came with the computer I restarted the computer several times and I still have this problem The other laptops with Windows at our house do not do this Now I have to leave the laptop lid open when I am downloading something that will take awhile because the wifi shuts off after a few moments when I close the lid Has anyone else experienced this Is there a way to fix this I'm not sure if this is a Toshiba problem or Windows problem I'm tempted to return the laptop since this is quite annoying I tried searching the forum first but couldn't find anything helpful

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/35595-wireless-disconnects-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My laptop (acer aspire 5741 series) connects to wireless router when I turn the computer on and then just turns off sayin I have no network access. My mobile is connected fine to the router as I am writing this making me think the problem is with the computer. I asked a guy I know thats into computers that said its a software problem and he was guna charge me 15 to fix it. Should I pay him or can I do it myself?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connects-then-disconnects-itself-from-modem.1063431/
Relevancy 47.3%

internet disconnects when hp laptop sleeps
My HP laptop running windows vista..every time it goes into sleep mode the internet disconnects and then reconnects when it awakes.

i even changed the settings that when i close the lid, it shouldn't go to sleep, but the internet still disconnects when i close the lid and reconnects when i open it

Please somebody tell me how to fix this!!!!!

A:internet disconnects when hp laptop sleeps

In my opinion that what it's supposed to do, why would you want your Internet to stay on when you are in Sleep Mode? You are not using your computer and it is a safety feature.
I am confused at your question, but then again at my age I confuse easy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disconnects-when-hp-laptop-sleeps.1016374/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there I have two laptops sitting next to each other One of them works fine but the second one although it connects at first disconnects after a few site searches Both computers are connected through their WN B network adapters The laptops IP addresses set on automatic and their names are different and the problem only happens on that particular computer The strange thing is that the computer gets connected without a problem when mine is not connected and it has no problem connecting through Ethernet The computer which is a VAIO VGN-FS W and has a Turkish XP on it is Disconnects Netgear from Laptop WNR834B updated both on the Microsoft side and the VAIO side Mine a VAIO VGN-AR G works without a glitch I even tried switching the network adapters and I still got the same problem Questions I have in mind Could this happen because the DSL connection kbps is too slow and my computer works better and sucks up the resources and causes the other to disconnect Could this happen because the computer has a Turkish XP OS and therefore does not get the necessary updates to work side by side with mine Should we think of changing its OS to the US version Could this happen because there is some setting on the router that needs to be changed What else should I look for I Laptop Disconnects from Netgear WNR834B appreciate your help nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I m having a strange problem with my wireless internet that I just cannot figure out I m running Vista and it disconnects every or so minutes and sometimes within the same minute period I don t really know when it started because Only network my minutes laptop disconnects the in 15 every about it only happened when I got back from college this summer Every other computer Only my laptop in the network disconnects about every 15 minutes in the house works fine I ve tried so many things on the net and have even replaced the router Doubt it would be a virus Oh it also works on any other network fine on campus and even my neighbor s I am baffled but I ve provided some information here Thank you so much Router - D-Link DIR- Xtreme N gigabit router ISP - Cox cable Laptop - HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC Hijack this log - Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Users Francis AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files x Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe c Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Multimedia Card Reader readericon exe C Program Files x DigitalPersona Bin DpAgent exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media DVD DVDAgent exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media TSMAgent exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media TV TVAgent exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files x Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files x AIM aim exe C Program Files x AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files x PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files x Hp Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint x SetPoint exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jucheck exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C PROGRA FOXITS FOXITR FOXITR EXE C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R... Read more

Relevancy 46.87%

I m in the US Air Force and I m stationed in the UK right now I went home on leave and now I m back and my internet on my laptop disconnects when it sleep mode disconnects internet Laptop from in goes into sleep mode or when I shut the lid I have checked the wireless network properties to make sure the option for connect automatically when network is in range I also unchecked the option where it says allow windows to save power by disconnecting or whatever It s really annoying and just wondering if anyone can help me This is my network adaptor Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Tech Support Guy System Laptop disconnects from internet in sleep mode Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Laptop disconnects from internet in sleep mode Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO Emerald Lake Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-disconnects-from-internet-in-sleep-mode.1053076/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I've looked through all the Windows options and used Google several times but I can't find a solution to this problem I bought a new is laptop disconnects internet Wireless when closed lid Sony Vaio VPCF M E all drivers are up-to-date and the options are correct I have the lid close action on quot do nothing quot and the box in the device manager - gt wireless lan driver unchecked so it's NOT allowed to turn off the device to save power Still whenever I close the lid on my laptop the wireless internet connection disconnects The actual wireless lan connections are still there when I open the lid my laptop is just not connected to the internet Also this seems to happen just whenever my laptop feels like it Sometimes the internet will be disconnected after minutes sometimes after hours I also left Wireless internet disconnects when laptop lid is closed an application running over night that constantly uses Wireless internet disconnects when laptop lid is closed the network connection to see if it disconnects while idling but when I woke up in the morning the wlan was disconnected as usual It's not my router it doesn't turn off the internet after X idle time and the network works fine when I leave my laptop open The problem I have with leaving my laptop open all the time is my cat Cat hair is a killer for poor computers I had an MSI laptop before I didn't have this problem My boyfriend also has a Medion that doesn't have this problem The th laptop in the house an Acer Aspire G has the same problem however Both laptops have Windows Professional bit installed as did the MSI laptop before where everything worked fine If you need any more information please let me know Please also note that this problem occurs on every internet connection - I have been in different networks so far always the same problem Also I had the same problem with a LAN cable so lan connection as well Thanks for your time

A:Wireless internet disconnects when laptop lid is closed

No suggestions? :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/113139-wireless-internet-disconnects-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, I have Lenovo B570 with windows7 installed. To avoid internet disconnection problem, I changed settings in Control Panel as follows:
In Power Options, then in advance settings I selected options "Do Nothing" When laptop lid closes...
It resolves my problem partially... After closing the lid if system does not get lock then internet connection works fine but if system goes to lock state (this happens when lid closed time is more than 20 mins) then after login, the internet connection is visible as disconnected.
Any suggestions?

A:Wireless Internet disconnects when i close laptop lid

Are your drivers updated to the newest one avaible ??

Also you can try disabling this:

it's in dutch but I think you know where to find it

Device Manager > select your Network driver > and do what you see in the picture (but ! disable it)

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/205740-wireless-internet-disconnects-when-i-close-laptop-lid.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My laptop is randomly disconnecting from my new router. Sometimes it's every few minutes, sometimes it can be an hour or two in between disconnections. This only seems to effect wireless devices and I notice it most often on my laptop. The router is a Fritz!Box 7490 and is connected to 2degrees Internet. The message in the WLAN event log is :

Wireless LAN device deregistered itself (5 GHz). MAC address: 64:BC:0C:6A:79:62

The weird thing is that if I disconnect from wifi and reconnect it re-establishes the connection near instantly. Sometimes it just shows as connected to wifi but not to the internet.

I have tried factory resetting the router (As suggested by 2degrees Internet) and I've tried setting my laptop DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I have also tried to change the wifi channels in case of interference.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome and I'm happy to provide extra info on request. Thank you for your attention.

A:Laptop disconnects from Wifi at random intervals

Hi, please try the solution found here:
Solved WiFi Internet Keeps Disconnecting - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41634-laptop-disconnects-wifi-random-intervals.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Lenovo G intel core randomly read it my all help me,i've from ONLy,please laptop disconnects Network i - Mwindows ultimatebroadcom n network adapterFor almost a month i've been having issues with my laptop because it randomly disconnects from network for a reason i still can't identify It may work fine for an hour then the wireless network card disconnects Every now and then or every minutes depends on the day i guess i've been reading lots of forums about this and found nothing to work so Network randomly disconnects from my laptop ONLy,please help me,i've read it all farthis is what i tried -everything is on maximum performance-i unclicked allow the computer to turn off this device to save power -disabled some ip helper in services-checked everything that has to do with the router changing channels interference with other routers or wifi's the hardware part SEEMS just fine the laptop is pretty new it has like an year and never had any problems with it -checking for drivers updates it says that i have the latest version-fully scanned the laptop for viruses and none was detected-didn t install any program lately that might cause this-network signall is excellentAnd still nothing worked NOTHING I'm really desperate right now The only thing that makes the network work again almost instantly like - sec while if i let it restart by itself it takes from minutes to even - minutes is turning off and then on again the wireless network card i do that by pressing the airplane mode button so any help pleaseeee i noticed that this happens a lot to other users too

A:Network randomly disconnects from my laptop ONLy,please help me,i've read it all

Hi,

Try to follow the suggestion on the topic here see if it helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622648/network-randomly-disconnects-from-my-laptop-onlyplease-help-meive-read-it-all/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi everyone, i have a Hp Pavilion dv9030us laptop,I have been using the laptop for almost 2 years now but recently I've been having problem with the wireless connection. It seems as if the wireless capability of my laptop has suddenly decreased, i find it hard to stay connected to my home wireless router, it just disconnects at will, it's fraustrating and am fed up.

I will appreciated it if anyone can help me out fixing this problem, am using windows vista ultimate, and i've updated my drivers already and the problem still persists, please help me .

Relevancy 46.87%

My internet is randomly disconnecting (cable Connection or WiFi). When I try to reconnect it shows no available connections and I have to restart my laptop to be able to reconnect again. IVe already did a clean reinstall (back to factory settings, Windows 8) but it didnt solve the problem. It has nothing to do with my internet or router since the same problem occured When I was at my friends house.. I hope someone can help me fix this problem..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnects-cant-reconnect-unless-i-restart-my-laptop.218968/
Relevancy 46.87%

My laptop is randomly disconnecting from my new router. Sometimes it's every few minutes, sometimes it can be an hour or two in between disconnections. This only seems to effect wireless devices and I notice it most often on my laptop. The router is a Fritz!Box 7490 and is connected to 2degrees Internet. The message in the WLAN event log is :

Wireless LAN device deregistered itself (5 GHz). MAC address: 64:BC:0C:6A:79:62

The weird thing is that if I disconnect from wifi and reconnect it re-establishes the connection near instantly. Sometimes it just shows as connected to wifi but not to the internet.

I have tried factory resetting the router (As suggested by 2degrees Internet) and I've tried setting my laptop DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I have also tried to change the wifi channels in case of interference.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome and I'm happy to provide extra info on request. Thank you for your attention.

A:Laptop disconnects from Wifi at random intervals

Hi, please try the solution found here:
Solved WiFi Internet Keeps Disconnecting - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41634-laptop-disconnects-wifi-random-intervals.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm having trouble connecting a laptop (Vista) to a wireless network. It's a Linksys modem with the D-Link AirPlus Extreme G Wireless Router.

The signal is strong; always Very Good or Excellent, but the moment it connects, it immediately disconnects a few seconds later and I am unable to use the Internet whatsoever. Nothing I've done so far has been able to resolve the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 46.01%

I have a HP G - DX Notebook that I have been using to access the internet Lately I have been and Xbox 360 randomly Laptop and from ethernet wireless disconnects experiencing random disconnects that will last from maybe seconds to minutes They will happen maybe every hour or two and are becoming really annoying At first I was using the laptops wifi abilities to connect to my router So when these disconnects began to happen I tried plugging in an Ethernet cable into the router and still experience the same disconnects The only other devices in Laptop and Xbox 360 disconnects randomly from wireless and ethernet the house that experience this is the xbox which is connected with an ethernet cable aswell The router that I had was an old netgear router but in the past week we got a new router which is a SMCD GNV I have only had it working today and I had the problem maybe - times within the first hours with both the wifi and ethernet connection I have tried updating the firmware and resetting the router and modem I just don't know what the problem is or how to fix it

A:Laptop and Xbox 360 disconnects randomly from wireless and ethernet

Bump

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/267287-laptop-xbox-360-disconnects-randomly-wireless-ethernet.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I would really appreciate any advice anyone could give me, been having this problem for a good while now! I'm pretty sure its a virus/trojan or something...running windows vista, a few months ago something called antimalware doctor was installed onto my laptop, ever since i've been having crashes and my laptop freezes/becomes unresponsive. I've tried to get rid of the problem with antivirus software, but its not detecting anything. Also, computer seems disconnect regularly for about a half an hour, then reconnects, although the wireless connection is still o.k.
Thanks a million!

A:laptop slow and internet disconnects periodically, virus?

Was going to post a hijack this log, but just read i shouldn't post one here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/362163/laptop-slow-and-internet-disconnects-periodically-virus/
Relevancy 46.01%

Laptop is only months old and Dell support won t help because I don from 3000 Inspiron 15 laptop disconnects Internet/Network t have Inspiron 15 3000 laptop disconnects from Internet/Network a software maintenance contract and don t want to pay for support on a new laptop The laptop has been having issues with the connections to the Internet and network for Inspiron 15 3000 laptop disconnects from Internet/Network a few weeks This Inspiron 15 3000 laptop disconnects from Internet/Network is my husband s computer and he doesn t remember if this was a problem from day I noticed that the WIFI options under Settings Network disappeared I went through the diagnostics and did a repair and it now shows WIFI nbsp When trying to troubleshoot problem with ldquo no internet connection rdquo I get the message There is no Internet connection try checking the network cables modem and router reconnecting to Wi-Fi Running Windows Network Diagnostics I ran the Windows Network Diagnostics for the Network Card and it passed all of the tests I checked the connection and it says it is connectedTroubleshooter can t find a problem says it is connected but still can t connect to Internet I have many computers connected to the routers I use and never have a problem with the Internet nor Networking nbsp I brought the laptop in my office and connected the laptop to a Eternet cable that works for another computer and I am sure the problem is with the new Dell Inspiron laptop I suspect this may be an issue with Windows drivers but not sure what to check next I see that other types of Dell computers have had issues with the network drivers and had to go back to Windows drivers but not everybody has had success using the old drivers and some experienced other issues Any suggestions

A:Inspiron 15 3000 laptop disconnects from Internet/Network

If you have McAfee Life Safe (antivirus) on the system, disable it.  That likely will solve the problem - if it does, your best course of action is to uninstall that software and use the built-in Microsoft Defender (it'll automatically turn on once McAfee is gone).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996997
Relevancy 46.01%

At times I can get brief internet. Maybe for a few seconds, WiFi will work. After that, it will disconnect, saying "connections are available". Then I have to reconnect, and the same thing happens. I installed the proper drivers. I am using a built-in Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter.

A:Reinstalled Windows 8.1 on Laptop - WiFi disconnects upon connecting

any help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/360853-reinstalled-windows-8-1-laptop-wifi-disconnects-upon-connecting.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey everybody, first post here!

My audio interface (Phonic Firefly 808) loses connection with my laptop (Toshiba Satellite C855-1w8) if i don't use my laptop for 5-20 min while audio is playing. When I'm actually using my laptop the interface has no sync losses.

I've installed the latest drivers and firmware for the Firefly, made sure all the drivers on my Laptop are up to date, disabled my WiFi adapter, webcam and card reader, tried all of my USB ports and the power settings should all be O.K. I even re-installed windows from scratch, with no improvement.

I tested the Firefly on another (old, crappy) laptop with no problems at all.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Djamilo

A:USB Audio Interface disconnects when laptop turns idle.

I have a recording studio (Sonar X3 and use a Roland Studio-Capture).

The Phonic gets good reviews on the gearslutz.com forum, but this is the first I've heard or seen anything about it. Its not on the US music store sites that I've seen.

Drivers can be an issue. Does this have specific Windows 8.1 drivers? There have been issues with some audio devices/drivers that worked in Windows 8 but do not work or work correctly in Windows 8.1. My Roland Octa-Capture is one of many that required Windows 8.1 specific drivers to work properly.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/57800-usb-audio-interface-disconnects-when-laptop-turns-idle.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello everyone.
I have a problem with the wireless connection of my laptop. It disconnects about every 30 minutes and then it reconnects after a few seconds. This happens when I'm at one my my parent's houses but not at my friends house.
This problem is particularly annoying when I'm in the middle of an online game of Age of Empires III because you get kicked out instantly when you lose the connection for even one second.
I don't know much about modems or routers but if you need more details about them I could look for them.
Also I couldn't find anything on Google or the forums but please send me a link if you find anything.

All help appreciated!

A:Laptop wireless disconnects periodically (Sony VAIO)

Hi Nusaik,

That seems to be interference with nearby wireless networks or electronics. Also, depending on how far your laptop is from their wireless router.

Next time that you stop by at your parents home, ask their permission first if they will let you do a minor change in their router settings, if they won't let you, perhaps another option is a wired connection.

On your next visit, please Install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector.
Click on the 'Show Networks' to display all wireless networks on the xirrus icon on your desktop of if you have one running in a corner. Tap the Printscreen key on your keyboard, open up Paint then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then SAVE it. Upload and attached it here, click on Go Advanced and locate Manage Attachments Tab and attached the file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/174142-laptop-wireless-disconnects-periodically-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi i know this has been posted alot but those posts have become expired so i tried the TCP IP stack repair and restarted it but nothing happened i restarted the modem restarted my laptop but still nothing im using a acer aspire z and this is what the ip laptop laptop computers Solved: wifi, other my but cant to and my other My connect ca all Solved: My laptop cant connect to my wifi, but my other laptop and other computers ca showed Windows IP Configuration Host Name Acer-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Solved: My laptop cant connect to my wifi, but my other laptop and other computers ca Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - C- F- -AE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - A- A- B- -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AE E AB-EF - A- F- A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Solved: My laptop cant connect to my wifi, but my other laptop and other computers ca Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes can anyone lend a hand nbsp

A:Solved: My laptop cant connect to my wifi, but my other laptop and other computers ca

will the PC connect by cable to the router OK

can you post an xirrus screen shot

are other devices able to connect by wireless to your network

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx ( the site now appears to require a business email, so try the direct link below)
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres alternative links

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details ar... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-laptop-cant-connect-to-my-wifi-but-my-other-laptop-and-other-computers-ca.1110982/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, I've got a wifi router Edimax BR-6204Wg that is serving several computers in my home. All of them run Linux. The network is WPA-protected, only registered MAC addresses can connect.

All is well until I boot to Windows on ANY computer I've tried (both Dell Latitude). What happens next is that Windows connects to the network, disconnects after a while and all the other computers disconnect from the network as well. The Windows laptop then connects again and as long as there is no other connected computer on the network, stays connected.

I am a rather advanced user but cannot read Ethereal dumps, so I wonder if anyone has had a similar problem? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-laptop-disconnects-other-machines-on-home-wireless-network.635001/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all,

So, I have a Toshiba Satellite computer that's a couple years old, but runs fine other than the internet.

This problem started happening around a month ago, for a couple days it'll just disconnect and reconnect to the internet randomly ( Every couple minutes or so) But after a couple days, it usually just stops. Recently it started doing it again, and I've searched and searched online and tried literally everything I can find but nothing seems to work. We've updated drivers, tried restore points, changed the driver settings to maximum performance in the power management settings, but to no avail.

We're running on Windows 7, have intel-Centrino Winax adapters. It isn't the router either btw, as we have another laptop that stays connected perfectly fine. Tried toshiba support, but since the warranty is out they wanna charge us, but the tech guy did say something about changing settings, just not sure what settings he was talking abou

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and any more info you need just let me know how to get to it and I'll post. Thanks!

A:Toshiba Laptop randomly disconnects and reconnects every couple minutes.. Tried everything

You may have to invest in one of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833315091

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-randomly-disconnects-and-reconnects-every-couple-minutes-tried-everything.199323/
Relevancy 45.15%

I m not sure if this is a problem with my internet or latency, Dell suddenly disconnects slow, laptop random high with malware but I do Dell laptop suddenly slow, high latency, random disconnects know I never had problems with my internet connection before I ve tried all the usual fixes for my connection restarting the modem etc and it seems to fix it for a while after I do it but then within anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or two the Dell laptop suddenly slow, high latency, random disconnects quality of the connection seems to deteriorate I ve also gotten a blue screen with an error message on it that said something like Page fault in non paged area or something like that I ve run a virus scan with MSE and Malwarebytes Anti Malware but nothing showed up Here s all the requested information Hijack this report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v FIREFOX en-US Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup TOASTER EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup COMPONENTS SCHEDULER STSERVICE EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpd exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth BTPlayerCtrl exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Program Files x Sophos Sophos Virus Removal Tool SVRTgui exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Users Sammy Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http dell msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http dell msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http g msn com ewenusDefaultPack UP FRPage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Logitech SetPoint - AF - - - EC-D C - C Program Files Logitech SetPointP -bit SetPointSmooth dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files Microsoft Office root Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIconLaunch exe quot C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe quot O - HKLM Run USB MON quot C Program Files x Intel Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe quot O - HKCU Run DellSystemDetect C Users Sammy AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Dell Dell System Detect appref-ms O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windo... Read more

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 (5558) series Inspiron WiFi laptop automatically disconnects 5000 in my series laptop in October from the Dell store in Amazon It was shipped with Windows pre-installed I didn t have to upgrade The laptop is generally functioning very well and I don t see any hardware issues The one issue I m facing since the time I bought my laptop is that the WiFi disconnects automatically after a while There s no specific time period at which this happens but it happens nonetheless if I leave it alone for a significant period of time anywhere b w minutes WiFi disconnects automatically in my Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop (5558) to a few hours I mostly leave the laptop on throughout the day Each time the only option I m left with is to restart the laptop which fixes the issue Another thing that I observed whenever this issue happens is that all options regarding WiFi don t work For eg I tried disabling and enabling the WiFi driver I clicked on the disable option multiple time and it doesn t do anything However when I restart the system the driver is disabled and I have to manually enable it for WiFi to connect Other Devices I used to have a Dell XPS before and it used to work fine and my office laptop is a Dell Latitude and it doesn t have this issue either I also connect my phone Samsung S and tablet Nexus to the same network and no issues Details Laptop Dell Inspiron Series OS Windows shipped with laptop in Oct Internet Comcast Mbps Initially it was fine but now this continuous restart now and then is getting on my nerves I ve tried googling for this issue a lot and played around with most settings including setting the power setting to maximum performance so please don t quote that solution Any help here would be appreciated Thanks in advance Thanks Sriraj

A:WiFi disconnects automatically in my Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop (5558)

Can anybody help with this?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19662734
Relevancy 45.15%

Older laptop disconnects from hotel wifi at regular intervals about every 45 seconds?

It is a dell d600. it supports wpa2 but i think there maybe a problem with tkip/aes or something. This is the second time I have stayed at a hotel with it. And it connects but then disconnects after 45 seconds or so, kind of like it is on a timer or something...

I have a newer laptop and it stays connected.

So anything I can do about this problem? Or I need a new wifi card? Thanks

A:Solved: Older laptop disconnects from hotel wifi at regular intervals about every 45

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-older-laptop-disconnects-from-hotel-wifi-at-regular-intervals-about-every-45.1098695/
Relevancy 44.29%

for some reason my laptop constantly low on memory it would lag like heck durin a movie or surfing the net i did a hijackthis log but nothin seems wrong i think can someone double check for me constantly ram! HELP! low on Laptop Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe HELP! Laptop constantly low on ram! C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents download egrialuca FreeRamXPPro CHT freeRamXPPro freeRamXPPro FreeRAM XP Pro exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop New Folder HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run RamBooster C Program Files RamBooster Rambooster exe O - HKCU Run Spyware Doctor quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exe quot Q O - HKCU Run FreeRAM XP quot C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents download egrialuca FreeRamXPPro CHT freeRamXPPro freeRamXPPro FreeRAM XP Pro exe quot -win O - Global St... Read more

A:HELP! Laptop constantly low on ram!

didn't I cean this laptop up for you. Is it clean now?

Your pc is clean apart from these monor entries.

Have hijack this fix these entries.

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)

do you know what this entry is?

C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe

Run an online antivirus check from

http://www.kaspersky.com/beta?product=161744315

you will need to input a name
and email adress but anyone will do & then acccept an active X control IT IS
SAFE to do soLET IT FIX WHATEVER IT FINDS

reboot again post a fresh HJT log

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-laptop-constantly-low-on-ram.354905/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I m using an NEC Versa S with Windows XP Professional Edition I purchased this laptop about a Laptop constantly freezes year ago No matter what I Laptop constantly freezes m doing or not doing Laptop constantly freezes the bloody thing will sooner or later lock up completely for no apparent reason and then I d have to turn off and turn back on the laptop and pray that it wouldn t happen again The wierd thing is that this only happens if i use the touchpad on the laptop If i connect a mouse and use that then everything will work all fine and dandy But right now i don t have a mouse available so i find myself rebooting every few minutes In fact i m just praying it will let me finish this post I am obviously real dumb with computers so I don t know any other necessary details so just tell me what to say If anyone can help it d be greatly appreciated This thing is driving me nuts Thanks in adavnce nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-constantly-freezes.264742/
Relevancy 43.86%

My system specs. are:
Dell Inspiron 1100 Notebook
Intel Celeron 2GHz
256 MB RAM
20 GB Hard Disk
Microsoft Windows XP

Could you please give me some insight on what would cause my laptop fan to constantly
run? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Laptop Fan Runs Constantly

A couple of things. You may have spyware/malware that's keeping the processor running at high usage percentages, or you may need to blow the dust out of the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-fan-runs-constantly.611627/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello to all Tech Lovers!
Recently i had some sock up issues causing my pc to freeze randomly
Heres my full Specs (Model HP Pavilion dv7-6c06 ev)
Notebook, Screen: 17.3 LED LCD
CPU: Intel Core i7 2670QM 2.2 GHz,
RAM: 6 GB DDR3,
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT,
Blu-Ray,
HDD: 1 TB HDD,
Secondary HDD: 1 TB HDD,
Windows 7 x64

Now with the critical error crushes the event viewer shows something like this !

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2012-12-01T0856.811235700Z

EventRecordID 72342

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer user-HP

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Any ideas why this is happening?

A:Laptop Constantly freezes

Hi-

Is the laptop freezing then crashing? Or will it resume normal operation after some time?

Any BSOD (Blue Screens of Death)?

Regards,

Mark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-constantly-freezes-678006.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I can not seem to figure out what is downloading in the background It eats up a lot of bandwidth DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Scott at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV avast Antivirus Disabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd Bluetooth lbtserv exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files constantly downloading Laptop AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files SafeNet Sentinel Sentinel Keys Server sntlkeyssrvr exe C Program Laptop constantly downloading Files Common Files SafeNet Sentinel Sentinel Protection Server WinNT spnsrvnt exe C Program Files Common Files SafeNet Sentinel Sentinel Security Runtime sntlsrtsrvr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files On Screen Display Hotkey exe C Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Logitech SetPointP LBTWiz exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd KHAL KHALMNPR Laptop constantly downloading EXE C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www bing com BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun avast quot c program files avast software avast avastUI exe quot nogui mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun Cpqset c program files hewlett-packard default settings cpqset exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe mRun Broadcom Wireless Manager UI c windows system WLTRAY exe mRun KeybdUtility quot c program files on screen display Hotkey exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot mRun EvtMgr c program files logitech setpointp SetPoint exe launchGaming mRun Bluetooth Connection Assistant LBTWIZ EXE -silent mRun BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent IE Locate Spot on Map by GPS - c program files opanda iexif IExifMap htm IE View Exif GPS IPTC with IExif - c program files opanda iexif IExifCom htm IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe DPF DBFC-A - C-AE E-B C E D - hxxp www logitech com devicedetector plugins LogitechDeviceDetection cab DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF... Read more

A:Laptop constantly downloading

Hello and Welcome to Bleeping Computer!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Security CheckDownload Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 31. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450761/laptop-constantly-downloading/
Relevancy 43.86%

My laptop keeps on crashing, whilst playing on world of warcraft, my laptop just completely switches itself off without warning. As of yet, has only crashed whilst playing wow. This is also not due to overheating, as im using a separate fan unit, after heat issues arose

Using an acer laptop - aspire 5610 - with Xp proffesional, media centre.

Also sometimes, after restarting the laptop, and selecting the screen name, it comes up with my background wallpaper, but no icons, start bar, etc - only way to get rid of this is turning the power button off.

Included a hijackthis log (hope i've done it right)

Thanks in advance.

A:Laptop Constantly Crashing

Hi and welcome!

I looked at your HJT log, but as you are aware, only authorized people are allowed to verify information in this log. I personally, did not see anything WRONG with it. Once again, I&#8217;m not qualified on this board to act on HJT logs.

My reason for responding is that I will put my money on your system overheating and powering off! Even though you have the &#8220;plate fans&#8221;, this does not mean that the system will not overheat! I have been through the exact same process a few times with a couple of my laptops. They get hot, overheat and just power off even when having additional cooling underneath them.

Which, in theory would make sense. Your system gets hot because of the amount of pressure the system gets while playing the game. They are more processor and graphic intense than your regular applications. Have you ever tried watching a DVD on your system (if possible) and then seeing if it will shutdown? Maybe trying a game that is of the same intensity on your CPU and GPU?

Also, you have a ton of stuff starting up on your system. What amount of memory do you have installed and what is the memory usage on the system?

If you want someone to analyze your HJT log for you, you will have to put the thread in the &#8220;Malware Removal & Hijack This Log&#8221; area. You can contact a moderator and have them move the thread for you if you like.

Thanks!

Shane

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-constantly-crashing.633939/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I am new to this forum however am not new to computers and I know my way around them more than the average person This time though I am completely stumped I've had this computer for over a year now and have been steadily playing video games on it This all started last Thursday at around pm I was playing TF with constantly. Laptop freezes some buddies and Laptop freezes constantly. it just suddenly froze I thought nothing of it since it IS a laptop and I am running a game on it so it's probably bound to happen sometime But upon rebooting it froze when I opened Ventrilo And then one more time on the login screen of Windows I left it and went to bed It continued more on Friday but then I booted in Safe Mode and system restored onto a save that was days earlier It still froze Earlier today Saturday I didn't pay attention to the boot screen but it took me to a debug menu I'm guessing It scanned my files and everything was fine It actually didn't freeze until an hour later And now I'm on Safe Mode with Networking on typing this because I have no idea what to do anymore I've heard that my hard-drive might be dying my Windows files are corrupt over-heating Although I don't believe it's overheating since it freezes when it's not running games too and that my laptop parts are dying down I am on an Alienware M x with Windows Bit Home Premium No disc drive so I don't believe I can reformat unless there's another way GB RAM GHz overclocked to GHz processor and a M video card Please somebody help me Thanks

A:Laptop freezes constantly.

It may be overheating. Have you used a can of compressed air and blown all the vents out?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-freezes-constantly-591037.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi guys
Im not really good when it comes to dealing with computer problems
I need some help
I bought a new laptop recently (Qosmio f60 series)
and the specs are

Intel core i5 2.27GHz
6 GM ram
64-bit Operating system
GeForce GT 330M graphic card

Now the problem is that the laptop freezes up when Im either shutting it down or leaving it idle for more than 10 minutes
and sometimes when I force it to restart from freezing up
It is completely fine when Im doing my tasks or even playing high-end games on ultra graphic settings(although the temperature of the laptop gets really high..)

And sometimes when I force it to re-start it will go into a 32 bit system mode(some kinda fail-safe system?)

I have tried to create a system repair disc to solve the problem but it did nothing...
I need help PLEASE!!!

A:New laptop freezing constantly

It should still be under warranty. I recommend taking it back to where you bought it and get it fixed for free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-laptop-freezing-constantly.152087/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi guys new to this forum as of today and have a serious problem im running windows which is protected by norton and almost every five minutes or when im browsing the internet a small box in the corner appears and says quot an attempt to attack this under attack constantly Laptop computer has been blocked quot norton blocks the attack but it keeps happening and im Laptop under attack constantly worried because my norton subscription is up soon i have run multiple scans with norton and adaware to no avail i downloaded hijackthis and this is the log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Acer Arcade Deluxe Acer Arcade Deluxe ArcadeDeluxeAgent exe C Program Files NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now BkupTray exe C Program Files Acer Laptop under attack constantly Arcade Deluxe Acer Arcade Deluxe Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files Acer Empowering Technology eAudio eAudio exe C Program Files Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x eDSLoader exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Acer Arcade Deluxe PlayMovie PMVService exe C Windows PLFSetI exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Acer Acer Bio Protection PdtWzd exe C Users Terry AppData Local Temp RtkBtMnt exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Acer Acer Bio Protection PwdBank exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Incinerator Incinerator exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Vuze Azureus exe C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster registrybooster exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www iamwired net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m aspire R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m aspire R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO IDM Helper - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-under-attack-constantly.912387/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hiya,
My name's Montana from london and i've got a problem with my sony laptop viao recently as it keeps on shuting off and on over and over and i cant even do anything.....Is there anyway i can solve this issue please.....?

I look forward to hearing from you'all

Montana
xxx

A:Laptop shuts off and on constantly...

Hello Montana,

Stop the computer from automatically restarting on a failure:

Right-click 'My Computer' and click on 'Properties'.
Click the 'Advanced' tab and in the 'Startup and Recovery' section, click on 'Settings'.
In the 'System failure' section, check the boxes 'Write an event to the system log' and 'Send an administrative alert',
but uncheck the box 'Automatically restart'.
This will cause the system to blue screen on critical errors.

When you get a blue screen, copy down what it says, especially any the error code, specific error numbers, faulting files, etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Check the Event Viewer:

On restart:
Go to Start => Run and type in "eventvwr.msc" {without the quotes}
Maximize the window that opens.
In the 'Application' and 'System' sections double-click on any Errors at about the time of the failure.

Click the small double-page button. This will copy the Error message to the clipboard from where you can paste it (them) here into a post and/or into Notepad.
Also, click the blue hyperlink which will take you to online Help & Support where you may find some suggested solutions to the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-shuts-off-and-on-constantly.793749/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi Dear,
My name's Montana from london and i've got a problem with my sony laptop viao recently as it keeps on shuting on and off over and over and i cant even do anything.....Is there anyway i can solve this issue please.....?

I look forward to hearing from you

Montana
xxx

A:Laptop shuts off and on constantly...

My first guess would be it's over heating if it's just shutting down. If your getting a BSOD then it could also be a bad piece of software and hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-shuts-off-and-on-constantly.793750/
Relevancy 43.86%

I recently got a used HP Compaq nx9010 and I just installed Windows xp home on it. It doesnt seem to matter what I'm doing on it, I totally freeze at any (& several) random times. Nothing phases it except shutting it off & restarting. Any clue where to start?

Thanks

P.S. I am at a motel that has wireless internet. I bought a Netgear wireless card for the laptop yesterday but I seem to get kicked off quite quite often. My desktops connection still will still be connected fine but just the laptop will suddenly show no connection. Also sometimes my laptop will show I'm connected at a very fast mbps but show signal strength at very low & it varies how I run then . Any clue on it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-constantly-freezing.580072/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I m not entirely sure I ve posted this in constantly freezing Laptop HP the correct section of the forum but I m not really sure what the problem is so apologies if this is in the wrong place I have a HP Pavilion g series laptop I got it in February of this year and it has been running brilliantly until a week or two ago It has started freezing just after startup the mouse still moves but if I click anything I just get a spinning blue circle and Ctrl Alt Del does absolutely nothing I got told to try Ctrl Shift Esc instead but that doesn t work either The computer runs fine HP Laptop freezing constantly in Safe Mode with absolutely no issues and if I manually restart boot in Safe Mode and then restart into normal mode sometimes it will come on and work normally I have looked at several forums already and following suggestions to others I ve tried clean booting which didn t help and disabled the Computer Browsing - which seemed to fix the problem for a day I can t System Restore because my laptop has no restore points saved which seems bizarre especially as I m sure a couple of times I have specifically told it to save a point I checked the Event Logs again following suggestions on other forums and it seems that the system crashed on the th of May there is an error stating The previous system shutdown at on amp amp amp was unexpected After this there are just Error messages everywhere The th and th have Warnings every few minutes saying Reset to device Device RaidPort was issued One of these is followed by the error message The shadow copies of volume C were aborted because of an IO failure on volume C after this there are many error messages bu the most commonly recurring are DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments quot quot in order to run the server E B D-F A- D -B A - DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments quot quot in order to run the server DD ACC-F - A-A - B B DC DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments quot quot in order to run the server BE F - - D -B - C FB AF Can anybody help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-freezing-constantly.1059558/
Relevancy 43.86%

The mousepad on my laptop (which I never use) is almost constantly hot, and on top of that, the fan inside my laptop is constantly running. Is my PC slow? Do I need to get it fixed? What's wrong with it?

A:Laptop Mousepad Constantly Hot

Probably dirty inside.
Can you apply a vacuum to the vent openings - maybe spray a little air ("canned air") in the vent while holding vacuum hose next to openings? Do this with the laptop turned off.

You can run a program like HWmonitor HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID which will show the temperatures of the CPU and fan speeds, etc. That might provide some useful diagnostic info.

If you can provide more detail on the make/model of your laptop, I may be able to provide additional info.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/374309-laptop-mousepad-constantly-hot.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I know this is an old thread but I have found it because I was having problems with my laptop constantly dropping out (several time an hour) it would connect via ethernet no problem I followed the instructions as above ie the 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 . . . question: do I now need to go to googleping to verify these settings or is my laptop now "reset". Thanks in anticipation, it's great to be able get help like this! Martin.
forget to add isp is BT I am using homehub 4 on an Acer Aspire 64 bit windows 7 laptop is a little over 4 years old and the problem of drop outs has only become reallyserious over the past 2 to 4 weeks

Moderator note: Moved from this thread - http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connects-to-ethernet-but-not-wi-fi.187307/#post-1363198

A:Laptop constantly dropping out

These DNS settings are fine, but have NOTHING to do with dropping connections. These are only used to find the correct IP address when you open a webpage or send/receive email.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-constantly-dropping-out.198273/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi everyone I have a Toshiba Satellite A -S with the following specs Processor Celeron GHz RAM MB DDR SDRAM Chipset Intel GME Bus Speed MHz OS XP Pro The problem I m having is that the laptop shuts down randomly When it shuts down and I reboot immediately I ll get a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left corner If Laptop Constantly Down Shuts I wait a few minutes and reboot it will boot normally It usually lasts a good minutes before it turns off If I don t use any applications it will remain on indefinitely yet when Laptop Constantly Shuts Down I run apps it doesn t last long I can hear both fans running so I know that the fans work but I m not sure how effectively it s cooling the processor I don t know Laptop Constantly Shuts Down if it s the fan or the motherboard I doubt it s software-related but I m not a pro Any suggestions Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Laptop Constantly Shuts Down

Check this link out you might get some help: http://www.laptoprepairguy.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-constantly-shuts-down.52521/
Relevancy 43.86%

I've had my laptop for about 2 years now and never had any trouble with it, but for the past week it freezes straight as a I log on and won't go back to working again. After running virus scans in safe mode (it usually freezes half way through them) and leaving it off for 24 hours it worked fine again for about 2 hours then the same thing happened again. Tried to run the scans again but nothing happened. A week ago (just before this all started) I connected my new iPhone 5 to the laptop and it froze it then, so I went to system restore back to the date this happened, then it crashed during that, now the thing doesn't even recognise its on charge and won't switch back on at all?

A:Constantly freezing laptop

check your temperatures and run the hard drive makers diagnostic on the hard drive

make and model of the laptop is?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constantly-freezing-laptop.1078214/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello, I have an ASUS laptop (N53Jq, i7, GT425M, 8GB) with Windows 8.1, with update. It's being used like a desktop computer, with the lid closed connected to a monitor through HDMI and with mouse and keyboard. I have the Power4Gear Hybrid driver, to set the high performance mode in my PC, but after awhile it still goes into sleep mode (like 1 or 2 minutes). It's really weird, I checked every setting (on the driver app and control panel) and sleep mode is off everywhere. What could be wrong here?

Thank you for your time.

A:Why is my laptop constantly going into sleep?

I would try ASUS forums as the readership should be dominated by ASUS owners. I have a Toshiba Laptop. The only thing I can guess as a shot in the dark would be if you possibly have Adaptive Brightness enabled? That's the only thing I can thing of that reacts in so short a time.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/45577-why-my-laptop-constantly-going-into-sleep.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My laptop has been working fine until earlier today - but now every time I turn it on almost instantly I get a message pop up saying 'windows must now restart because the power service terminated' and turns off in 30 seconds. I can't get onto the laptop long enough to run any scans. Can anyone help me?? Thanks!

A:Help - laptop constantly turning off?

What is the Operating System??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450701/help-laptop-constantly-turning-off/