Windows Support Forum

Solved: Updated Wireless Hardware on Windows XP Desktop - Can't get new wireless to w

Q: Solved: Updated Wireless Hardware on Windows XP Desktop - Can't get new wireless to w

My old wireless was working fine, I simply updated my internet to faster speed and so I updated my router and modem hardware. I've consulted online manuals but cannot find the locations I'm told to go to enter new WPA-PSk codes for the new router. The wired internet is working fine and the XBOX & my phone shows a listing for my new router however I get an error message when entering the passcode from the router - my guess is that my desktop still has the old router info - I just can't find where to enter the new.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Updated Wireless Hardware on Windows XP Desktop - Can't get new wireless to w

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Updated Wireless Hardware on Windows XP Desktop - Can't get new wireless to w

Delete the wireless profile and scan for your network. When you try to connect you will be prompted for the WPA passphrase.

If that doesn't work disable encryption on the router and try to connect. Assuming success you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-updated-wireless-hardware-on-windows-xp-desktop-cant-get-new-wireless-to-w.1039214/
Relevancy 87.72%

I have a printer (with wireless capability) wired to desktop (Windows XP) and a wireless laptop (Windows 7). My question is, can the printer be connected wirelessly to the laptop as well as wired to the desktop, or does everything have to be wireless?
Another question: If I want to share files between the two computers, do they both have to be the same operating system? (one is Windows XP and the other is Windows 7)

A:Solved: Wireless Laptop/Wireless Desktop (via wireless adapter)/ printer

I would guess that the printer can be connected by ethernet and wireless, but I've never had one with both capabilities so I don't really know.

I once had a printer that worked OK connected to a network plus connected to another computer by USB. Even so, that may depend on the particular printer.

There may be two operating systems that cannot file share with each other but I don't know which ones that might be. Windows XP and 7 are fine sharing with each other (but not claiming that nobody has had any problems).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-laptop-wireless-desktop-via-wireless-adapter-printer.1054838/
Relevancy 73.53%

XPS 8910 (Tower VR) Specifications, Service Manual
Drivers & DownloadsDell instructional videos
ePSA (Enhanced Pre-boot System Assessment) Diagnostics Guide
Desktop PC Power Supply Diagnostics
How To Perform a BIOS or CMOS Reset, and update/flash the BIOSHow to clean install Windows 7 or 8 on MSATA (SSD) driveComputer Beep CodesHow to troubleshoot for your specific Dell modelMedia Reduction InitiativeSystem Parts Analyzer

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19990694
Relevancy 73.53%

Manuals & Drivers* Go here* Under "Select a product/Desktops & All-in-Ones", click your type* Click your model* Click Manuals* Click Drivers & downloads* Click your operating system using the drop down arrowePSA (Enhanced Pre-boot System Assessment) Diagnostics Guide
Desktop PC Power Supply Diagnostics
How To Perform a BIOS or CMOS Reset, and update/flash the BIOSHow to clean install Windows 7 or 8 on MSATA (SSD) driveComputer Beep CodesHow to troubleshoot for your specific Dell modelMedia Reduction InitiativeSystem Parts AnalyzerHow do I change the XPS 625/630/730 color LEDS & Fans?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19485238
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a wireless-G linksys USB network adaptor (2.4 GHz 802.11g) that cannot pick up my wirless network. It is however picking up numerous other networks surrounding my house. Right now I'm using my Toshiba laptop that is connected to the same home network that my linksys adaptor cannot find.

Can anyone offer my any advice as to how to find my wireless network through my USB adaptor hooked up to my desktop computer? I know how to access my router information (Enter 192.168.1.1 for linksys and all that other good stuff) but do not know what exact settings I may needto change in order to have my desktop computer recognize the home network.

Is something perhaps hidden on the router information? Or is my adaptor out of date? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

A:Why can't my USB wireless adaptor (Desktop Computer) find my wireless network?

Did you follow the manual for the USB wifi adaptor, installing procedures, driver? What happens to the Toshiba laptop's self wifi capability?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431270/why-cant-my-usb-wireless-adaptor-desktop-computer-find-my-wireless-network/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a desktop running windows 2000 connected to a wireless router with ethernet. I also have a laptop running windows xp connected to the router wirelessly. The each can access the internet perfectly fine...but how do I access the desktop from the laptop. How do I print from the laptop on the printer connected to the desktop. Please help....I have been looking for hours on how to do this and have found no solution.

A:network wireless laptop(xp) with desktop(2000) through wireless router?

you can do a remote desktop connection, provided that you enable it on both machines. you'll need the DNS names of both machines, btw.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-wireless-laptop-xp-with-desktop-2000-through-wireless-router.34191/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a Toshiba Tecra M2 laptop with both a lan port and wireless lan connection as standard.
I am attempting to transfer my Windows XP home edition system onto this laptop, but after installation, I cannot connect to the internet.
The hardware manager shows only one network device, the 1394, but this doesn't seem to work. The wireless connection ( a PRO/Wireless 20GB I believe) doesn't show at all.
In order to check the hardware and eliminate the obvious such as the network switch on the front of the laptop, I have installed SUSE 11 and once installed, this allows both lan cable and wireless connection to the internet without problems.
Before I reformatted the laptop, it had windows 2000 and was able to use the 1394 port and a cable to connect to the internet.
I suspect that my installation of windows XP is incomplete, but I can't find anything that I have missed.
I'd be grateful if anyone has any clues...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-doesnt-see-wireless-hardware-on-toshiba-tecra-m2-331389.html
Relevancy 68.37%

what is the best way to network up a house with 2 wireless desktops and 1 wired desktop and 1 wireless laptop
need help fast

thanks laura

A:2 wireless desktops and 1 wired desktop and 1 wireless

linksys 54g wireless router, which can be used for the wired machine also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-wireless-desktops-and-1-wired-desktop-and-1-wireless.631595/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey I ve been working on this problem for a little bit so I hope I can find some help here My internet is Desktop Wireless Wireless XP vs. Vista Laptop pay by the month wireless Use the name and password XP Desktop Wireless vs. Vista Laptop Wireless they give to log in threw a browser to get internet I m not sure this matters since XP Desktop Wireless vs. Vista Laptop Wireless my issue is with wireless connectivity but I figured I d through it out there I have two computers One is a self built desktop XP Desktop Wireless vs. Vista Laptop Wireless running XP Pro and using a WMP N wireless card The other is a Dell XPS M running Vista Business using a Intel Pro Wireless ABG Let me know if more system specs are needed The wireless connection that is offered isn t the best out there Signal strength usually isn t too high and every now and then its non-existent The thing is many times when its non-existent on my desktop its there on my laptop Or my desktop will drop connection every now and then or like its doing today it will loose and quickly re-establish connection about every to minutes But again my laptop has no issues And my laptop works no matter where it is and its usually right next to my desktop My best guess is it s either something with the wireless cards or the operating system cause I can t see anything else really effecting it The one thing I do notice is that when I look at my wireless connection on Vista is it will show multiple connections While XP just shows quot Network Name quot Vista will show quot Network Name quot quot Network Name quot quot Network Name quot and quot Network Name quot for example But again I m just guessing Any help would be great let me know if any more information would be usefull nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

I upgraded to Windows Pro and supposedly I installed all the Windows drivers I got from my laptop's manufacture website Sony but when I go to device manager in control panel my wireless card has the yellow exclamation mark and in the properties it says that no driver update is installed even though Intel's driver update card is wireless not my or if Not sure driver updated utility says that my Intel Centrino wireless card is up to date A few minutes ago Action Center said Not sure if my wireless card driver is updated or not that I needed to update the driver for my wireless card which later disappears after checking for a driver but updating it in windows doesn't work but like I said before the Intel Driver update Utility says everything is up to date For now my only issue as far as drivers are concerned is me being unsure if my wireless card driver is up to date because I'm seeing different things between Windows and Intel's utility Any thoughts on what I should do or if there is even a problem

A:Not sure if my wireless card driver is updated or not

hi, try using the win7 driver for the wireless device, and install it compatibility mode
By right-hand clicking on the installable file, choose "Properties"
Then selecting tab "compatibility" check the checkbox
"Compatibility" select windows 7 "apply",then ok then install

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/24218-not-sure-if-my-wireless-card-driver-updated-not.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 desktop computer that I want to change from wired to wireless. We have recently moved and I would like to locate my desktop in a separate room from the kids xbox 360. My ISP installed a wireless router and I have the boys xbox hooked up.
My question is I have a network adapter in my destop. Do I just install a wireless adapter into the pci slot that the network adapter is in now? I have no other pci slot available. I don't want to buy a usb adapter. Heard they were just not that good.
Will the router see the adapter from just the next room? Will any wireless adapter work?
Specs:
Dell Dimension 4600
80gb hdd
1.25 memory
intel pentium 2.40 processor

Relevancy 66.22%

I just installed Win 7 on my custom built PC and everything went great until I tried to access the internet through my wireless card. Windows says that the drivers are all up to date but when I try to open the Ralink Network Utility nothing happens, also windows says that no wireless networks are available. My router is fine because I am accessing wireless internet with my laptop.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

A:Wireless card installed and updated but not functioning

Quote: Originally Posted by cgm79630

I just installed Win 7 on my custom built PC and everything went great until I tried to access the internet through my wireless card. Windows says that the drivers are all up to date but when I try to open the Ralink Network Utility nothing happens, also windows says that no wireless networks are available. My router is fine because I am accessing wireless internet with my laptop.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Do have that rig hooked up by cable network now?

If so I can help you.

greetz

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/19774-wireless-card-installed-updated-but-not-functioning.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I got onto my computer this morning and noticed that it had rebooted. Figured out it updated the latest patch. However, from that point on, I haven't been able to get anything from my computer. Wireless won't work, can connect to any bluetooth device, and none of my USB thumb drives will show up. I have tried logging back out, as well as rebooting. Nothing seems to be working. Since I can't connect to anything, I can't update any drivers (writing this on my mac... )

I tried uninstalling the patch, and it won't. Just spins. Tried to do a system restore, but it won't open up the dialog to allow me to choose. Tried to do diagnostics on the wireless driver and it just hangs. I have to shut it down.

Any ideas?

A:Updated to KB3124200. Now wireless, usb and bluetooth not working

I had the same thing this evening - had to re-install 1151 and then it updated.

A two hour job!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/34779-updated-kb3124200-now-wireless-usb-bluetooth-not-working.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a wireless usb thing to connect to the internet. However, i got it from a company called iconcepts (the logo looks like http://www.vanguarddistributors.net/sitebuilder/images/IConcepts-165x103.jpg)
However, I cannot find their website. I got it a few years ago, and am hoping to get an update for WPA-PSK, because it currently does not support it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello folks. Well as usual with my experence, when I update the firmware on my router, wireles stops functionng.
I just updated my WNDR3400v3 to firmware version V1.0.1.2_1.0.51

I have this screen now

I go into settings, I change the name of my SSID, I put in a password, and I hit apply, it saves. But nothing changes, I still have no wireless.

I appreciate any help you can give me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updated-firmware-on-netgear-wndr3400v3-and-now-no-wireless.1165573/
Relevancy 66.22%

I am in need of expert Networking help I have a desktop PC running Windows XP SP and a Linksys compact wireless-G adapter I work as a contractor and just recently moved into a new location I brought my desktop with me to use instead of constantly using my laptop Anyway on to the problem Computer connects to the wireless access point ubee model C - Brighthouse supplied modem wireless router Says that connection XP Desktop Internet wireless Solved: No PC on w/Win is mbps and strength is excellent However when I open quot any quot browser I do not get any internet access Firefox just gives me a blank untitled page but no error indication except for the quot connection error Solved: No wireless Internet on Desktop PC w/Win XP quot Solved: No wireless Internet on Desktop PC w/Win XP in the bottom right hand corner associated with my Accuweather add-on Internet Explorer give me a page that states quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage - What you can try Diagnose Connection Problems quot When I click on Diagnose Connection Problems I get a window that pops up for about -seconds that displays a computer icon and a set of scrolling dots then a window pops up that states quot Consult your computer manufacturer s troubleshooting information You can also use another computer to visit online support services Contact your computer manufacturer for additional assistance if required quot Well this is a custom built computer that I built a number of years ago that I continue to upgrade over time so that is no help I have done everything I can think of I have been through and checked my settings and compared them to my laptop looking for anything major everything looks fine I took the wireless adapter and installed it in my laptop and it connects and communicates with the internet fine I ran the Windows XP Network Diagnostics and it said everything passed I am connected and signal strength is excellent but yet I get no internet communication What I don t understand is that the desktop works fine wirelessly using this same adapter on my home wireless network and all laptops here connect and communicate with the internet wirelessly as well It is only this desktop that I can t get to talk Anyone know why Here is a summary of my PC via AIDA Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer Computer Name MEDIACENTER mediacenter User Name Jim Ellis Logon Domain MEDIACENTER Motherboard CPU Type AMD Athlon XP-A MHz x Motherboard Name Epox EP- RDA FIC AU Chameleon PCI AGP DIMM Audio LAN Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce SPP System Memory MB DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GS MB Monitor Plug and Play Monitor NoDB Multimedia Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP - Audio Codec Interface Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP - Audio Processing Unit Dolby Digital Storage Disk Drive Maxtor B P Disk Drive Maxtor E L GB RPM Ultra-ATA Disk Drive ST A USB Device Optical Drive NERO IMAGEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device Virtual CD-ROM Optical Drive NERO IMAGEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device Virtual CD-ROM Optical Drive PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD- x x DVD-ROM Optical Drive PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- Partitions C FAT MB MB free F NTFS MB MB free G NTFS MB MB free I FAT MB MB free Input Keyboard HID Keyboard Device Keyboard Microsoft USB Comfort Curve Keyboard IntelliType Pro Mouse HID-compliant mouse Mouse HID-compliant mouse Mouse HID-compliant mouse Game Controller Microsoft PC-joystick driver Network Primary IP Address Primary MAC Address - - -DD- -A Network Adapter Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Network Adapter Compact Wireless-G USB Network Adapter Network Adapter Linksys LNE TX v Fast Ethernet Adapter Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Peripherals Printer Auto Epson Stylus COLOR ESC P on GENERIC Printer EPSON Stylus CX Series Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer PDF U... Read more

A:Solved: No wireless Internet on Desktop PC w/Win XP

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, each followed by the Enter key:

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-wireless-internet-on-desktop-pc-w-win-xp.953811/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my Labtec Ultra flat Wireless desktop - I cannot get the kb & mouse to operate together. It's one or the other plus a standard kb or mouse).

Both inputs are PS/2, both worked together on a win 98 sytem in the same position so I don't think it's interference in the room.

I have loaded the latest drivers, but stil no luck.

I'm running XP SP2, when they are both in the kb works and device manager doesn't see any mouse at all.

Thanks in advance,

Marful

A:Solved: wireless desktop problem

I managed to solve the problem

I needed to disable USB Legacy support in BIOS.

Silly me, eh!

Thought I'd post the solution in case anyone else needs it - I came across many posts with the same problem when I google'd it - but no solves!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-desktop-problem.447624/
Relevancy 66.22%

Well, I'm a huge noob when it comes to this sort of stuff, so please forgive me if I leave out some information...

I have a wireless router for my laptop downstairs (there's about 5 laptops in our house, and all can connect to the wireless internet without any post preparation)
I just bought a desktop, but the wireless router in our house (or any other wireless connection, for that matter) does not show up when I try to connect to the internet. What am I doing wrong?

Again, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff, so if I'm missing any details, just tell me and I'll try to fill you in.
Thanks a lot.

A:Solved: Desktop on Wireless internet

Is there a wireless network adapter in the desktop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-desktop-on-wireless-internet.755315/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello lovely tech support guys, I have some issue with wireless internet connection for my desktop,

I installed a realtek wireless adapter on my desktop a few years ago, it worked perfectly, until i reinstalled windows 7, it stopped working, the little internet icon is just not detecting like it used to.

Does anyone know what the problem might be ? thank you

Relevancy 65.79%

Fujitsu-Siemens Scenic T i810 / Windows 2000

Ran Windows update. Offered three hardware updates, one for a HP monitor, one for the wireless card (Ralink RT2500?), and one for the printer. Accepted all three. Installation of printer driver update failed, I think because once the wireless card driver update installed, the PC lost access to the network.

Now the PC is unable to access the internet. The Card appears to be working OK. The wireless hub can see the PC (the ISP - BT Home Hub, Hub Manager application installed on my MacBook shows the Fujisu-Siemens PC).

When I use the ISP software on the Fujitsu-Siemens PC (BT Wireless Connection Manager) to connect to the hub, I get a
"local area 3 network cable unplugged"
error message.

Can someone please tell me how I can undue my muppetry?

A:Win 2000, updated Wireless driver, now cannot connect to internet.

Go directly to the Fujitsu site and download the wireless drivers there, uninstall the Windows supplied one and install the correct driver.

NEVER let Windows Update supply hardware drivers, they get it wrong far too often!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2000-updated-wireless-driver-now-cannot-connect-to-internet.631354/
Relevancy 65.79%

i keep having no internet connection on my home wireless network, usually when i download newer versions of software, such as itunes or java. this only happens on my dell inspiron laptop 1525. my other computers in my house work just fine. i have windows vista on laptop. the only error message i get is: The network adapter “Bluetooth Network Connection” in not connected.
the only solution i have found so far is to do a system restore to a previous date, and voila, i have my internet connection back, no problem. any help is greatly appreciated. i'm only an intermediate computer type person. any help greatly appreciated. thanks.

A:Wireless Network Connection problem when certain software updated

The network adapter “Bluetooth Network Connection” in not connected. Click to expand...

You should be using a wireless adapter 802.11 G or N probably
NOT bluetooth

lets see a device manager screen shot and also xirrus screen shot
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-problem-when-certain-software-updated.983889/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I ve just purchased a Microsoft Wireless Desktop [SOLVED] Microsoft Issues Pro Desktop Wireless Pro kit lovely looking black amp silver natural keyboard but I am getting some problems with it I m using XP Pro on a HF machine and sometimes the mouse just drops out almost seems to go to sleep by which I mean the cursor disappears and you have to bump the mouse pick it up put it down firmly or waggle it around like crazy to get it back Occasionally the keyboard seems and this is just my impression to drop out letters or get them wrong The worse case was this morning when I tried to log in it took me something like attempts to achieve it and I had to [SOLVED] Microsoft Wireless Desktop Pro Issues type the passwords very very slowly visually checking to ensure an equivalent dot appeared in the password box Physically the keyboard and mouse are about cm from the receiver which is hanging vertically from a shelf about cm above the desk The mouse is connected via USB the keyboard via the standard keyboard connector Another possible complicating [SOLVED] Microsoft Wireless Desktop Pro Issues factor is that I also have a Logitech Freedom cordless Joystick Obviously I guess there is a communication issue and the system is getting confused about what keys are being hit at any given time some keys being misinterpreted others being missed entirely So what I want to know if anyone knows anything about such things is is it possible to configure such peripherals for greater sensitivity perhaps this is an energy saving quot feature quot would repositioning the base sensor that picks up the signals make the situation better possibly it doesn t work too well hung vertically on the wall perhaps it should be placed in front of the monitor as it is possible that the monitor may partially obscure t signal path to keyboard Any advice would be appreciated nbsp

A:[SOLVED] Microsoft Wireless Desktop Pro Issues

... it was an issue of cables running next to power cables and distance/visibility of base receiver from mouse/keybaord.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-wireless-desktop-pro-issues.153591/
Relevancy 65.36%

Please help I have a HP desktop that will not connect to my wireless network The other desktop that is plugged directly into the modem works fine My laptop wireless connect won't Solved: desktop Win to XP network also connects to the network with no problem so I assume it is not an issue with the ISP or the router The machine that will not connect is running Windows XP The other desktop is running Vista as is the laptop Just a few days ago I changed my ISP With the old ISP the modem and the router were plugged into the desktop running Windows XP Now it is switched I am also using Solved: Win XP desktop won't connect to wireless network a different router the Linksys WRT N When I try to view all available wireless networks the new network is not detected The internal wireless card for the desktop that will not connect is the Atheros AR X I m not sure what the problem is and would really appreciate any help anyone could provide Please let me know if I need to provide additional information Is it possible that the drivers for the internal wireless on the XP laptop need Solved: Win XP desktop won't connect to wireless network to be updated If so how do I determine that and how do I update them Or is it likely that there is another issue causing this problem Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Hello all We recently upgraded to Fiber internet and should be receiving MB s download speed We use one laptop and one desktop The laptop shows proper download and upload speeds on both an Ethernet and wireless connection when using speedtest net Between and MB Correct Not Wireless Getting Solved: Desktop Speed s However my desktop which I use Solved: Wireless Desktop Not Getting Correct Speed with an Asus N n Solved: Wireless Desktop Not Getting Correct Speed Wireless PCI-E x card However I am only getting - MB s on speedtest net with the desktop and around - MB s upload I know this is weird too I have searched Google far and wide trying to solve this issue I have done all the normal things such as Solved: Wireless Desktop Not Getting Correct Speed reinstalling and updating drivers for my chipset and wireless card I installed the download from the quot Utility quot section on this page because when I download the item from the quot Wireless quot section it gives me a folder with contents lacking an exe or anything of the sort My system specs can be found in my description My desktop is Windows and the laptop is Windows nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

We just recently signed up with Time Warner Cable for internet access The modem they gave us is also a wireless router So we set up our wireless network like we should but for some won't Solved: desktop on Wireless connected stay reason my desktop computer won t stay connected to the new wireless network We have a laptop downstairs that doesn t have any problem staying connected I can connect to the neighbors Solved: Wireless won't stay connected on desktop wireless network and I have no problems staying connected I can t figure out why my desktop won t stay connected to our network Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce MX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corporation Dimension Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Hello I recently purchased a new desktop and gave my older E-Machines W to my sister-in-law We live in the same home so I purchased a D-Link Desktop wireless card for Wireless for PC. not card is desktop Solved: working the W The installation seemed flawless and connectivity was good at first Since then it has been hard to connect to the Internet The PC Solved: Wireless card is not working for desktop PC. also seems very slow I have done some research on this and found that there are two programs that can cause conflicts and slow down performance These programs were installed from the D-Link install Solved: Wireless card is not working for desktop PC. CD The results of my search also stated that these programs can be removed if Windows XP Pro were the OS The PC has Windows XP Home The programs are quot ANIO Service quot amp quot ANIWZCS Service quot I have tried to unistall these to no avail I have uninstalled the wirelss card software and driver and then have been able to uninstall the two programs Can I use Windows Connection Manager instead of the D-Link card software Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless card is not working for desktop PC.

I did a little searching and found that those two programs are part of the D-Link wireless utility for handling WPA encryption. I don't know why, because all utilities I've used haven't needed such extra animals to handle WPA.

Anyhow, the only possibly useful thing I found was 'You wont be able to remove them unless you run the uninstaller for the entire "AirPlus Xtreme G" utility ... .' In one sentence you said you could not uninstall these two, and in another you said that you did. If the first sentence is true, try the referenced uninstall utility.

You can use Windows XP's Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) to manage the wireless adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-card-is-not-working-for-desktop-pc.572576/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey Guys,
Wondering if someone can help. After reinstalling Windows from scratch, I'm trying to install the Belkin Wireless G Plus desktop card. When I boot up the PC, it recognizes the new hardware, so when I try to install the software the Wizard prompts me for the BCMWL5.SYS file but it's nowwhere to be found. When I insert the install CD, it doesn't find it there either. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks.

A:Solved: Wireless Network card for Desktop

hiya.have you put your belkin install cd in,then go to my computer and double-click the drive it is in and select explore,go to the drivers folder and select the xp driver and install

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-card-for-desktop.914832/
Relevancy 65.36%

My previous desktop PC connected to the internet just fine using an ethernet cable plugged into one of the four ports provided on my TrendNet wireless router I use the wireless connection for my notebook PC My newly built desktop will not connect to the internet using an ethernet cable plugged into the router but it WILL connect if plugged directly into the modem When I attempt connect via the router the following are the Network Connection Details IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway lt This line is blank gt and the status is Limited or No Connectivity When plugged directly to the modem the following are the Network Connection Details IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway and the status is Connected When I right click on the Local Area Connection icon and select Properties then select Internet Protocol TCP IP and click on Properties I can manually plug in the numbers above for the good connectivity into the Alternate Configuration option and the connection status changes to Connected However no internet connection can be established This is when trying to connect via the ethernet cable plugged into the router LAN port Any help appreciated via Router New Wireless PC LAN Solved: Connect to Desktop Can't System Win XP Pro SP AMD Phenom II X Gigabyte mobo Hitachi TB hdd GB RAM nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Hello I am using a fairly new windows OS desktop and a fairly new windows vista lap top The problem I am having is with the desktop I can t load web pages on it and I don t know why Until yesterday everything was fine Had no problems loading or doing anything Then suddenly i had problems connecting to the internet through my normal on network get internet Solved: desktop not wireless Can swiftswitch irc client I just use it to chat to old friends Since that didn t work and I was connected to the internet I downloaded and installed mIRC Had the same problem kinda it could connect but Solved: Can not get internet on desktop wireless network it took a long time and I couldn t find the right server so I stopped using it Then I couldn t log into my yahoo mail I didn t think much of it till today When I couldn t do all that and couldn t log into facebook I dc d from my wireless internet and reconnected it said limited or no connectivity which it does sometimes But far more often now It will either stay stuck on limited or no connectivity in which case I have to mess with the router and modem or it will connect fine and i will still have problems I have a linksys router and modem and my ISP is comcast I unplugged both the router and modem and plugged them back in There was no change So I figured the internet must be down So i let it be Played some starcraft which worked Now we get to tonight where my internet is doing all of the above and starcraft isn t working and I figure out I can t load most pages some of these include msn yahoo this website and more And I can t update my anti virus or download any files even if I wait like half an hour for the page to load I have reset and unplugged my router and left it for a half hour many times I have also tried the reset button on the back of the router All of which didn t work I put CC cleaner on my computer via a dl on this laptop that also didn t fix it I have run virus scans from AVG the other from Malware bytes AVG is up to date and MW was last updated weeks ago Of course I can t update either now I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling my adapter Which didn t work I have a FT USB wireless LAN card wireless adapter as is appers under device manager on my desktop and an integrated one on the lap top Both worked fine until my desktop had problems yesterday I have googled around and tried multiple run commands clearing out DNS cache etc which didn t work Since the desktop is downstairs it is difficult to hardwire it but I will get a long ethernet cable later today and try it and see if it works Is there any other suggestions you guys can offer nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Hey guys New to the forum so please be gentle I am trying to connect a desktop to an existing wireless network in my sister s house My desktop doesn t have in built wireless so I purchased a Tenda W U V Wireless-G USB adapter Now the strange thing is that once everything is plugged in the software windows and tenda software can see the network but will not connect All I get is Acquiring network Address It also connects disconnects constantly usually every few seconds I am assuming this is because for some reason it won t find an IP address I have done the usual thing ipconfig release renew etc plus spent days looking over the internet for a solution but to no avail I am ok with computers but this has beaten me so I am hoping you guys can help wireless Help a to Solved: network a connecting desktop For the purpose of this also just in case I have overlooked anything treat me as a complete novice I have included the details using the IPCONFIG ALL to see if that helps C Documents and Settings Kris gt ipconfig Solved: Help connecting a wireless desktop to a network all Windows IP Configuration Host Name home Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL C P C P PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - D- C- C- Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Tenda W U V Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address C - A- -C - -DD Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server The router I Solved: Help connecting a wireless desktop to a network am trying to connect to is SKY s own wireless one I know this is fine as I have managed to connect my iPhone to this network with no problems Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Set up new WLAN yesterday and there seem to be a few glitches Grateful for anyone s wisdom in words of one syllable First attempt resulted in successful ADSL sharing but the two machines each in a network of its own - now I have two identical networks and would like to tidy up by getting rid of one This is something that XP help amp support doesn t tell you how to do Internet access wireless Solved: desktop network laptop, XP queries New both plus - - seems erratic for no discernible reason Every few minutes IE will refuse to connect or even to open at all and everything seems to go slow or stop altogether On the wireless-connected laptop IE Solved: New wireless network - desktop plus laptop, both XP - queries occasionally freezes at Detecting proxy Solved: New wireless network - desktop plus laptop, both XP - queries settings Whinge coming up no action or response required - I bought an ADSL router and a wireless adapter card for the laptop both of which have gone so far down the road of trying to keep the instructions etc simple that they are almost no use at all Unless everything really does work in three simple steps and does it ever you are left high and dry trying to work out what went wrong - and only TSG is there to help Whinge over Blockbell nbsp

A:Solved: New wireless network - desktop plus laptop, both XP - queries

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-wireless-network-desktop-plus-laptop-both-xp-queries.500630/
Relevancy 64.5%

How can I tell if my desktop Dimension C521 is capable of running wireless?

Relevancy 64.5%

My brother in law has a weird situation.
He has a Linksys wireless router installed.
He only uses the router for use with lap top for the wireless convenience around the house.
The desktop PC is Ethernet wired;.

When both laptop and PC are shut off, and then he, in another room turns on the laptop, the Desktop PC start up all by itself.

Has anyone heard of this?

Is there a setting on either of these PC or router that need adjustment?

I will sincerely appreciate assistance with this ghostly matter.
Thanks

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi New guy here I have searched the forums for help before posting this however Im not certain if the threads Ive thought relevant xp laptop to wireless router help Solved: with desktop vista would help or hurt I Solved: help with wireless vista laptop to xp router desktop need to get a small problem fixed to help restore domestic tranquility wink I currently have a homebuilt desktop that runs win xp pro connected to roadrunner time warner and it is connected to a linksys wrt g router I have an ASUS laptop that runs xp pro and is connected wirelessly to the desktop Router uses WEP bit encryption and i have the passphrase and key OK so far so good Now Solved: help with wireless vista laptop to xp router desktop my daughter has bought a Toshiba Satellite A -S laptop running Vista home i think which we would like to get connected to the wireless network Unfortunately all it will do is see the network not connect to it using the Vista connection wizard I dont know enough about this to troubleshoot it myself The wizard ends up leading me in circles Once I dont have anymore directions to follow Im stuck Any help you could provide would be appreciated Thanks in advance Terry nbsp

A:Solved: help with wireless vista laptop to xp router desktop

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows Vista.

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

In addition, here's some other changes that may help.

Changes that may help to increase the compatibility of Vista with older networking devices:

Disable the IP Helper service:

1. Go to Start and type in "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Scroll down to the IP Helper service, right click on it and select Properties
3. In the dropdown box that says "Automatic" or "Manual", set it to Disabled and then click on "Apply"
4. Then click on "Stop" to stop the service from running in the current session
5. Click OK to exit the dialog

Disable IPv6:

1. Go to Start and type in "ncpa.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Right click on each network connection and select "Properties"
3. Remove the checkmark from the box next to "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
4. Click OK to exit the dialog

NOTE: You should do this for each network connection.

Disable the DHCP Broadcast Flag:

Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928233

Go to Start and type in regedit and press Enter.
Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}
In this registry path, click the (GUID) subkey to be updated.
If the key DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag does not exist, use the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value. In the New Value #1 box, type DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then press ENTER. If the key exists, skip this step.
Right-click DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
Close Registry Editor.
NOTE: You should do this for each and every GUID subkey.

The only program I'm aware of that currently relies on IPv6 is the new Windows Meeting Space. The first 2 changes will cause that program not to work - but will leave all of your normal (IPv4) connections unaffected. If it causes problems that you can't overcome, simply revert back to the original settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-with-wireless-vista-laptop-to-xp-router-desktop.651869/
Relevancy 64.5%

My family just gave me their old Mac desktop I wiped it clean and then tried to connect to the internet at my house desktop wireless to internet connect or Solved: Mac will not ethernet and it tells me I have invalid password for the wireless I also tried to connect it directly via ethernet cable that works and it will not connect I want to connect my Mac directly with ethernet All the other computers with internet work in my house so I know its not the internet I will post below my computer specs and internet specs which I got from my other windows PC Please help ive tried manually putting in the ISP and DNS and nothing works I am fairly computer savy but Im not to familiar with networking so please descriptive THANKS Computer Mac OS X Version GHz Intel Core Duo MHz Solved: Mac desktop will not connect to wireless or ethernet internet SDRAM Internet Specs Microsoft Windows Version Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Solved: Mac desktop will not connect to wireless or ethernet internet Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address D - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe eed db a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -FC-D - - - F-DC- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap gateway wire net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

So i put in an old belkin g wireless card in my new pc the card hasn t been used for pretty long i know the card is capable of fast enough speeds so im not sure what the problem is i ran some tests at speedtest net and my speeds are like times as slow on my desktop could an old wireless card cause this or what also im using an xp driver on vista os only one that works both computer are right next to each other but the belkin wireless utility says that i have no connection but the network connections thing shows that i do i ran a connectivity test with the belkin wireless utility and it failed the quot Belkin quot and quot Heartbeat quot tests it s F D v and im using the xp driver for it the vista driver is beta slower desktop much Solved: laptop internet than on Wireless and doesn t work pretty sure it s g but they also have g drivers on the website under the same product name F D their website says vista has it s own drivers to use but it didn t work for me but actually i had to unplug the card then install the drivers turn off the computer then plug it in to get it to work maybe if i do that again except Solved: Wireless internet much slower on desktop than laptop uninstall the driver first it will work but then it would have done that the first time wouldn t it actually Solved: Wireless internet much slower on desktop than laptop it says that for ver xxx but itd prob be the same for me since i dont have vista drivers i got fast speeds a while ago but now it s back to the same slowness nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless internet much slower on desktop than laptop

Well, with no exact models, and using the wrong drivers, there are plenty of places to go wrong here. How about more information?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-internet-much-slower-on-desktop-than-laptop.756971/
Relevancy 64.5%

My wireless router suddenly died today, and now my desktop can't connect to the internet when connected directly to the cable modem via ethernet cable.

I've tried restarting both multiple times. My laptop and TV both connect perfectly fine, even using the same ethernet cable from the desktop.

Network and Sharing Center shows my computer > yellow triangle with ! > "Unidentified network" > red X > internet. Clicking the ! runs a diagnostic, but comes up with "troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem."

No error messages, device manager doesn't show any problems. Windows 7 64-bit.

A:Solved: Wireless Router Died, Now Desktop Can't Connect

OK, a few hours and another few modem/computer restarts, and Windows troubleshooter found the problem. Connected and working now. Thanks for looking!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-router-died-now-desktop-cant-connect.1143678/
Relevancy 64.5%

Desktop XP Pro hardwired to Linksys WRT Nv Router N Linksys hardwired to nameless MOTOROLA At amp t supplied DSL modem Compaq Presario M Laptop wireless G to router Mixed mode on router setup so that laptop could communicate with it WEP security is the highest that allowed connection I suspect because of the G level on laptop Desktop machine name DESKTOP Router Wireless Network SSID RouterNet Laptop machine name LAPTOP Laptop is new to me I have no info on the type wireless card in it RouterNet shows up on laptop as secured network I am able to reach internet on either machine without any problems Laptop prompts for ID password and domain I have no idea what to type in The connection icon in the system tray states that it is validating identity and never stops Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp DESKTOP C Documents and Settings Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DESKTOP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown to laptop Desktop communication Wireless Wired Solved: IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - - -B -F - F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers LAPTOP Windows IP Configuration Host Name LAPTOP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Solved: Wireless laptop communication to Wired Desktop Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Solved: Wireless laptop communication to Wired Desktop Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address -C - F- -E - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Physical Address - -F - - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers I want my laptop to see files on the Desktop Note I am running ONECARE on both machines thus the FIREWALL SECURITY PANEL IN WINDOWS COMES UP DISABLED ONECARE seem to have its own firewall or it controls the WINDOWS FIREWALL therefore disables access via the WINDOWS panel Can any one give me a synopsis of how a wireless station can communicate with a hardwired station What do I need to setup on either and on the router to get them to see each other I have not tried a hardwired solution between the computers because I feel sure it will work and be straightforward to establish I have done that before on other small home networks and never had a problem I must say that I do not really understand why the firewall is at so many levels OS or ONECARE or the router I do not know if this new Wireless router has one and if it is turned on I know my old router NOT WIRELESS had one and I was told to turn it off as it was overkill to have router and OS firewalls Please help nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi
I have:
1. Wireless Modem/Router: Dlink DSL G604T
2. Desktop: WinXP(32bit) latest updates internal ethernet card
3. Laptop: HP nc6220 WinXP-Pro(32bit) internal Broadcom wireless

Connection to internet:
1. Desktop - G604T through ethernet
2. Laptop - G604T through wireless

All is working fine.

But...

I want to connect my laptop to my desktop so i can explore the files on each, through a wireless connection.

Is this possible?

Do I need any other hardware?

Do I need any other software?

How do I do it?

Cheers
Benpaddlejones

A:Solved: Desktop to Laptop network with a wireless router, is it possible?

You must select a folder on the desktop that you want to access through Windows Explorer

Right click and select "Sharing"

Tick the folder that says "Share This Folder" and make a note of the name

Find the Netwoprk name of the Desktop by right clicking my computer and then properties and "Computer Name" tab

Go to the laptop

Right click on My computer and select "Map networkdrive"

Choose a drive letter

Under "Folder" type \\computername\foldername and click OK

This should open a window allowing you to browse files.

Firewalls can sometimes get in the way so be aware of that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-desktop-to-laptop-network-with-a-wireless-router-is-it-possible.757487/
Relevancy 64.5%

I happened to come across a Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter recently. I don't have a laptop right now, but I decided to take it. I have a computer built about 4 years ago by someone I don't know very well and unfortunately, after reinstalling windows and I can't find the ethernet driver, making an internet connection impossible.

I was wondering if I would be able to open up this desktop and install the wireless card. Since I know the brand, I would be able to find the drivers and hopefully get the internet working. Thanks!

Also: Strangely, the old computer connects to the internet when running Ubuntu. Somehow, I guess it doesn't need the ethernet drivers. Anyway I could get this working on Windows?

A:Solved: Wireless Notebook Network Card on a Desktop?

You would need yet another piece of hardware to use that adapter on a desktop computer. You'd need an adapter that accepted that card and then connected to an available PCI slot on the desktop. It would be cheaper and easier to just buy the right adapter instead.

Since there's nothing wrong with the adapter seeing as it works fine in Ubuntu, You need to do some troubleshooting on the Windows side. I don't see any reason to purchase anything yet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-notebook-network-card-on-a-desktop.746999/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a Netgear the Netgear Router, Wireless firmware, updated w/ to the connecting netwo and Problem WGR v Wireless Router I recently tried to update the firmware to Version http kbserver netgear com release notes d asp At that website it gives step by step directions on how to download and load the firmware update I opened a Web browser Accessed the router http Logged in the router User Name admin and Password password Wrote down all settings that you entered when previously configuring Usually this includes information such as ISP configuration and wireless security settings Downloaded the file from the North America In the web browser of http gt Under Maintenance gt click Router Upgrade Clicked Browse and locate the firmware upgrade file and selected the file I just downloaded Clicked Upload Waited for the router to reboot Under Maintenance click Settings Backup then click Erase Then this is where I started to have problems the remaining steps I need to follow are Problem w/ Netgear Wireless Router, updated the firmware, and connecting to the netwo Wait one minute for the router to reboot Problem w/ Netgear Wireless Router, updated the firmware, and connecting to the netwo Manually enter the configuration information you wrote down in Step Use the Smartwizard or manually configure as shown in the box below If the router has problems repeat the whole procedure Steps - The problem I am experiencing is after step I am not sure what to do I waited one minute and nothing happened Then I am not sure where to enter the configuration information I tried going to the original site of http and it would not let me go there since I have limited or no connectivity My network name changed to NETGEAR default name I am assuming and now I have limited or no connectivity My wireless signal is listed as full strength green bars and mps What should I try next to connect back into my own network To access the new NETGEAR network I used my WEP password the password from my network before it got reset now I don t know if there is a default password I need to use Thank you in advance if anyone has any knowledge on the subject Frank nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-w-netgear-wireless-router-updated-the-firmware-and-connecting-to-the-netwo.639430/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi there my first post and it's an important one I just bought a brand new desktop PC and had won't Desktop Windows New Wireless to connect 7 Network an ASUS PCE-N Mbps wireless adapter installed New Windows 7 Desktop won't connect to Wireless Network However it seems as though Windows won't let it connect to my router Belkin N - only recently purchased too It shows on the task bar that the adapter can see the network with full bars and excellent connection however when I type in my passphrase which I have been using for other laptops XP and Windows which work fine it says the passphrase is incorrect I even went into the router and double checked the passphrase was correct tried multiple times but it still wont connect The security on the router is WPA WPA AES TPIK or whatever I have read other forums about this problem which say to use WEP security but i tried that and that didn't work I'm wondering if someone who has had the same problem as I have has found a solution Some help please

A:New Windows 7 Desktop won't connect to Wireless Network

Welcome to SF!

Try disabling the security all together, and see if you can connect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/87055-new-windows-7-desktop-wont-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 64.07%

My labtop just broke and i set up my old desktop computer. It has the antenna installed in the back and i also have the usb key to connect to the internet. I have installed the software for the usb key and somehow the computer will not seem to connect to the internet. The computer can't even find any wireless connections in the house (although i know it is working as other family members are using the connection)
I would prefer to use the usb connection but everytime it TRIES to connect (but fails) it seems to be trying to use the antenna.
I have gone to "set up a wireless network" and gone through the setup but it fails after the third step and says it can't be done.
Somebody please help! I have tried everything!

A:windows xp wireless desktop connection problem

Hi ejparisian

If you would like to connect using the USB wireless device, disable the older PCI wireless device:
1) Right-click My Computer
2) Select Properties
3) Select Hardware
4) Select Device Manager
5) Click on the plus (+) sign in front of "Network Adapters"
6) Right-click on the older PCI wireless adapter
7) Select Disable

The older PCI wireless adapter should then show a red "flag" in Device Manager, showing that it is disabled. Now try connecting using the USB device again.

Should you still have problems connecting:
Many USB wireless adapters have a little program that helps manage setup and connections. If you have trouble connecting using a program that came with the adapter, you also have the option of disabling or removing that software, and letting the Windows "Wireless Zero Configuration Service" handle the duties of managing wireless connections. After removing the connection software from the older PCI adapter, make sure that the Windows Wireless Zero Configuration service is set to Automatic, and is running. [You can do this in Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services ... right-click on Wireless Zero Configuration, and select Properties -- make your changes there].

Make sure that your adapter matches the type needed by your wireless network (probably 802.11b/g compatible). If you have an older "b" USB adapter, your wireless routing device for your network needs to have "b" connections enabled [If it is set to "g-only", "b" devices cannot connect].

Assuming that your wireless network has some form of security setup, you'll also want to ensure that your USB wireless adapter tries to connect using the correct level of encryption & the exact password.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

P.S. ... one quick-fix try for finicky wireless connections is to right-click your wireless icon in the system tray & select "Repair".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-wireless-desktop-connection-problem-512924.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Verizon FIOS fiber optic DSL router meg working with link desktop Belkin card internet won't Wireless Solved: other desk top and two other computers The IP address is Solved: desktop Belkin Wireless card won't link internet correct and signal is real strong excelent according to PC I put in the security KEY and it connects and says it s ok but no internet I ve tried everything When I plug in the ethernet cable everything works fine on line With Belkin you can let windows start the wireless input or Belkin I tried both No luck Solved: desktop Belkin Wireless card won't link internet I m sending you this over my ethernet cable Need Tech support HELP I have another desktop with Belkin wireless card and it is working fine I did try to troubleshoot useing it and lost internet on it and had to do a restore to get it back So afraid to mess with it I m fixing this for a retarded neighbor so he can get on line Can You offer any assistance I ve used you guy s before and contributed Thanks for your help Bob nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

Hello - Laptop Issue Desktop and Solved: Connecting DVR Wireless DirecTv to All --- I have a wireless network via a Linksys WRTG with DHCP enabled My desktop is hardwired to it and my laptop Solved: Wireless Issue - Connecting Desktop to Laptop and DirecTv DVR runs via wireless connection I also have a Buffalo Ethernet Wireless Converter to connect my DirecTv HR to the network it has to be hardwired can not accept usb I have a couple of issues that are extremely frustrating and I have been unable to resolve I created a workgroup so that the desktop and laptop could be connected wireless My desktop running Windows XP SP CAN NOT see the laptop under My Network Places with or without the firewall on Sunbelt Firewall or Windows Firewall The desktop computer is also UNABLE to share Music or Pictures with the HR DVR using WMP On Share TVersity or Cidero My laptop CAN SEE the desktop under My Network Places however when I attempt to connect I get an error message stating that I don t have permissions etc etc etc The laptop is running Windows Media Center along with Windows Firewall However Unlike my desktop this laptop IS ABLE to share pics and music with the DVR HR using On Share WMP or Cidero - however not TVersity I have tried opening up the specific ports to the DVR but still no luck on gettting the desktop to see the DVR or laptop Can anyone offer some suggestions on what else I can try This has been very frustrating Thanks for any and all replies nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless Issue - Connecting Desktop to Laptop and DirecTv DVR

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-issue-connecting-desktop-to-laptop-and-directv-dvr.637637/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I have been searching for an answer for this one but hit a brick wall with it so I hope you can help I have just moved to a new flat and my broadband connection won t be up for another weeks I have a desktop pc and a sony vaio notebook with a wlan adapter I have spoken to my neighbour above and he has a wlan connection he s been kind enough to give me the with Sharing wireless desktop laptop Solved: connection ethernet. via WEP key to access this until mine is installed I have tried this on the laptop I can access it fine from a couple of the rooms However my main pc is my desktop and this only has LAN cards I have attempted to share the WLAN connection with my desktop using ICS however the router is configured on and Windows needs this IP to enable shared internet on the notebook I can t really ask my neighbour to change this just so I can share the connection to my desktop I have managed to create a lan connnection between the two machines so Solved: Sharing laptop wireless connection with desktop via ethernet. I can RDP into the notebook to browse the web I Solved: Sharing laptop wireless connection with desktop via ethernet. need to know if there Solved: Sharing laptop wireless connection with desktop via ethernet. is a way I can configure the network connetions within xp to allow the connection to be shared and if not If there is some kind of proxy application that will allow me to share the connection with my desktop I have had a look at winproxy but it s all a bit over my head I know it would be much simpler to buy a WLAN card for my desktop but this is only temporary so I don t really want to spend the money on something I will never use again Can anyone help with this both machines are xp and are connected via ethernet Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Sharing laptop wireless connection with desktop via ethernet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sharing-laptop-wireless-connection-with-desktop-via-ethernet.550977/
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm currently running Windows XP SP 2 and I just purchased a Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 700 (The box says it runs on Windows XP). The box says it's a plug and play device however my system can't find a driver to run it. There wasn't a driver disk in the box and I can't find a driver anywhere online. How would I fix this? Thank you Rainer1.

A:[SOLVED] Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 700 Driver Problems

Welcome to TSF....

What usb port are you connecting this thru one in the back of the computer or is it s usb hub of some kind?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-microsoft-wireless-optical-desktop-700-driver-problems-282852.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Earlier today I ran Windows Update which included the following update The update failed resulting in this error driver stop Solved: Wireless wireless made update working message Since then I ve been unable to get my laptop to connect through the wireless Right now I m Solved: Wireless driver update made wireless stop working running it with an ethernet cable and I ve tried Solved: Wireless driver update made wireless stop working to uninstall the driver and download reinstall with a driver downloaded from Intel s website but I end up with the same error message I was going to try a system restore but I don t have any restore points to use Does anyone have any advice SysInfo log Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard C Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and EnabledClick to expand nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

I ve read several posts here Wireless & not but other internet; networking works wireless from wired Solved: lapto that come close to my issue but don Solved: Wireless networking works but not internet; wired & wireless from other lapto t describe it exactly Yesterday on my personal laptop Dell E running XP SP I got a message box saying something about port forwarding and that I wouldn t be able to get to my website or something like that Unfortunately I didn t pay much attention to the message and dismissed it Now I can t get to the internet using wireless Here are some details Another laptop connects to my wireless network and the internet just fine All was working fine on the Dell until I got that message I ve checked the event log and can t find anything relevant around the time of the message Connecting to the network internet with ethernet cable works fine I m definitely connected to my wireless network because I was able to open shared files on another PC Other likely non-related issues I m having a little problem with the hard drive and will need to run chkdsk Sometimes I get an error regarding the display adapter driver Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless networking works but not internet; wired & wireless from other lapto

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-networking-works-but-not-internet-wired-wireless-from-other-lapto.1061271/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey to TSG!!

I need help in this one. My Bluetooth used to capture others (with no password) wireless networks but if I do extensive use on it, it will not work. For one wireless network, it gets connected but nothing appears and for another, it doesnt get connected at all though it used to. They all are in low signal but they used to work fine!

I dont know what to do right now. Is my bluetooth screwed up? I used to download large files (more than 500 mb) before but now it doesnt get connected.

Please tell me what to do firstly!

A:Solved: HELP!! Bluetooth Wireless Doesn't Capture Wireless Networks Anymore!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-bluetooth-wireless-doesnt-capture-wireless-networks-anymore.731528/
Relevancy 63.64%

Just did a "nuke and pave" on my son's Toshiba laptop.

(Windows XP)

Says connected to wireless with good signal strength.

BUT can't get any access...

Can't access internet sites.

Can't access router by typing router IP address into EI

Can't Ping router IP address (times out)

What to try?

A:Solved: Got wireless cGot wireless connectivity but can't access internet

Never mind---

The first thing to try is to jiggle the handle.

Disconnected/reconnected

Now works fine..

Go figure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-got-wireless-cgot-wireless-connectivity-but-cant-access-internet.895315/
Relevancy 63.64%

Just reinstalled Windows XP Pro on a friend's daughter's computer. A D-Link Airplus dwlg510 wireless adaptor was added to her EMachine a few years back (model D6417). It was working erratically before the XP reinstall (which was done for another reason - was never done and computer was really slow so we figured this might speed it up - it did dramatically by the way). I went to the D-Link site and downloaded and installed the driver. Wireless connection still isn't working (tried wired and it works fine, but her room doesn't have a cable connection available) and the symbol in the taskbar comes up with an X over it then goes out. Light on the adaptor is blinking. Is there anything else I could be overlooking??

A:Solved: wireless adaptor light lit, but icon in task bar says there's no wireless car

Have you installed SP3 and then all the latest chipset and networking drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-adaptor-light-lit-but-icon-in-task-bar-says-theres-no-wireless-car.1012203/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Presario M with Windows XP I have been using a Linksys WRT G wireless router for three years with no problems Recently a Solved: Reset the now secure wireless can't router wireless connection! relative unable to find the Encryption Key quot reset quot the router It still works fine but it is now an unsecured connection I tried to secure the connection by running the Linksys installation CD four times I called Linksys and was informed that my service contract which I did not know I had had expired If I paid them they would walk me through a new installation that I could make secure I tried to check out their website linsysbycisco com but it seems not to exist I had no idea that I would not be able to change the security settings of the router after a certain amount of time Is there anything I can do short of paying them to make the wireless router connection secure I am a new member and posted this question twice as I titiled my first inquiry with my user name sorry wont do it again Solved: Reset wireless router now can't secure the wireless connection! nbsp

A:Solved: Reset wireless router now can't secure the wireless connection!

That is a pretty common Linksys router and you should just be able to download the router manual from Linksys's website and go into the Web Interface of the router to setup the Wireless encryption again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-reset-wireless-router-now-cant-secure-the-wireless-connection.841000/
Relevancy 63.64%

Opinion please: I have an hp pavilion laptop dv2000 and I am going to purchase either a wireless pc plug in module card or one that has a usb adapter.. would like opinions on which one is better for the long run.. I am looking at a Netgear one. both say compatible with windows xp which is what I have. and my router is a netgear already.

A:Solved: Wireless plug in module card vse wireless usb adapter

wireless module wouldn't work, ended up with the usb port adapter. Will try it tonight.. Wish me luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-plug-in-module-card-vse-wireless-usb-adapter.827472/
Relevancy 63.64%

I m trying to setup connect a wireless printer HP All-in-one so that a user can use his laptop wireless and print from anywhere in the house He did not have Home Solved: with How wireless to Printer - Internet & Wireless network any network set-up previously He had dialup and just purchased a new laptop with wireless and this new printer and has just gotten this new Rogers quot Rocket quot Stick Solved: How to - Wireless Internet & Home network with wireless Printer It s a USB internet connection uses cell phone frequency Normally this is pretty straight forward when conected to a wireless router I brought over a wireless router to test out When Rogers quot Rocket quot stick is connected for internet Can I connect to another wireless home network for sharing at the same time Computer Vista Laptop with Rogers Rocket Stick I tried a couple of things Setup a wireless network I used the setup internet connection wizard to configure a computer to computer wireless adhoc network appears to work for very short distances - feet I was able to print a test page but not anything else - so I thought about using my Dlink Router for greater distance if it was a distance thing as indicated I setup the Dlink wireless router as a standalone wireless network - not conected to the internet configured it and then configured my HP printer wireless to connect to that network I successfully configured the printer via wizard to connect to the found network - I then connected to this wireless network and added the network printer using it s HP Wireless wizard - it found it and added it successfully - I was able to print a test page from about feet But when I move to another room - It would not print assumed maybe a conflict collision with wireless rocket - but not sure Then I setup the HP printer as a hard wired network printer not wireless attached to a port on the wireless router itself - I then determined its IP address printer config report and then connected to the wireless network router and set-up added printer on the laptop as quot local printer quot using TCP IP specifying this ip address - When connected to the home wireless network and I was able to print a test page but not anything else Not sure if I m having a problem with the Rocket and Wireless router conflicting a firewall issue or something else or just Vista playing games Biggest issue is that it appears the wireless printer CAN BE reached by the laptop by either the wireless setup or direct network printer connection successfully Issue is that I m not able to print any other documents I get a message saying the printouts are pending I assume the printer is configured for sharing - thought about this after I left It appears it has something to do with a lost connection or collision Not sure if I m clear here - looking for advice recommendation on how to set this up Any help direction appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: How to - Wireless Internet & Home network with wireless Printer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-wireless-internet-home-network-with-wireless-printer.786885/
Relevancy 63.64%

This seems 1 can't laptop visit certain router Solved: Wireless on wireless sites like it is isolated enough to figure out So there s a home network with desktops that are wired and laptops that are wireless The wireless laptop has had a fresh reinstall of windows Solved: Wireless laptop can't visit certain sites on 1 wireless router XP all updates The problem Solved: Wireless laptop can't visit certain sites on 1 wireless router is that the laptop has problems connecting to certain sites When we browse to some sites the images won t dowload i think it times out and it shows boxes with Xs in them some sites work fine but some always bad We ve tried the laptop on a different wireless network in a different location and everything worked fine We ve also tried it at the home network with a wired connection and again it works fine The other laptop works fine in the home network wirelessly The problem only happens when the laptop is on wireless on this router I have tried lowering the MTU settings another thing that may be related the problem started around the same time as we initially added the nd laptop to the network it may have been a few days before or after But when the nd laptop is turned off the problem persists Thanks for any help you might volunteer nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless laptop can't visit certain sites on 1 wireless router

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Make and model of the broadband modem.
Make and model of the router.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make/model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2, Vista, etc.

Also, please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-laptop-cant-visit-certain-sites-on-1-wireless-router.648426/
Relevancy 63.64%

I recently switched ISPs going from DSL to Cable and that s when everything went wrong In order to get the new network up and running I needed to use a new router I setup this network and everything seemed fine all computers could see and connect to the new network and even the printer could see and connect to the new network For whatever reason I could not get any of the computers one laptop running Windows and one running OSX Snow (I have work wireless Solved: network HP new on tried printer everythi won't wireless Leopard to see the printer wirelessly works fine via USB Solved: HP wireless printer won't work on new wireless network (I have tried everythi It would always say quot printer offline quot Uninstalled an re-installed all printer drivers on all machines printer is an HP Photosmart Solved: HP wireless printer won't work on new wireless network (I have tried everythi C all in one The printer network diagnostic page came back clean indicating that everything was connected correctly but when I pinged the IP address of the printer from the windows machine I d just be bet with a quot timed out quot message This lead me Solved: HP wireless printer won't work on new wireless network (I have tried everythi to think it was something to do with the router so I bought a D-link router and set everything up again Exact same scenario Even after setting the network up with no security options no WEP or WAP security This lead me to do a hard reset on the printer After booting it up again I ran the network setup wizard via the printer s LCD screen and tried to connect to the network This time however the printer won t connect the the network at all I printed the wireless network diagnostics page and it fails the quot No Filtering quot test HPs recommendation came back saying I should check to see if the router has MAC filtering turned on I went back to the router configuration page to see and no it s not conducting any MAC filtering Short of buying a brand new printer or buying some HP support it s out of warranty I don t know what else to try Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and just let me know if you need any further details The cold hard facts Mainly trying to get this working on a Windows laptop but I also have a Macbook pro running Snow Leopard that is experiancing all of the same problems Printer is an HP Photosmart C all in one Routers I ve tried both of these and they seem to have identical results Netgear WPN D-link N this is the router currently installed on the network Cisco modem and our ISP is Time Warner Cable nbsp

A:Solved: HP wireless printer won't work on new wireless network (I have tried everythi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-wireless-printer-wont-work-on-new-wireless-network-i-have-tried-everythi.1025500/
Relevancy 63.64%

I just purchased a wireless router (Linksys) to set up as a wireless access point connected via an ethernet cable to another Linksys wireless router that is connected to my DSL modem. I know I need to connect LAN port to LAN port, but do I need a "straight through" or a "switched/crossover" cable? As I have done some reading, some directions say straight, others say switched, some don't say at all. I just want to be sure I don't have a cabling issue. Thanks in advance for any information.

A:Solved: Connecting Wireless access point and wireless router

Well, a crossover cable will certainly work. If either end of the routers have auto-MDX ports, a straight patch cable will work as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connecting-wireless-access-point-and-wireless-router.908446/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello I have replaced our old router with a new one and can t seem to get it to work I have a Sierra Wiress g Modem connected with Bigpond It is working when plugged directly into the computer via USB I had it plugged into a Netcomm router which was to wireless router use 3g Solved: Unable with wireless internet modem ethernet cable connected to the destop and also our TIVO device I was able to link o the internet wirelessly from my laptop - though not if someone was using the desktop at the same time I suspect an IP address conflict was at fault here though had no clue how to fix Solved: Unable to use wireless router with 3g wireless internet modem that My actual problem is my Netcom router no Solved: Unable to use wireless router with 3g wireless internet modem longer works and I ve had to purchase another When I plug my router into the computer I get an error message saying there is another computer on this network with the IP address but I tried to change the IP address of the router to no avail I returned that router and got another and ended up with the same problem Something tells me there s nothing wrong with the router or my computer but perhaps it s my incompetence That s where you come in Thanks Jennifer nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to use wireless router with 3g wireless internet modem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-use-wireless-router-with-3g-wireless-internet-modem.999956/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey Pupils I Recquire An Emergency Help , I Have A Problem In Wireless Networking B/w Win Xp (desktop) & Win Vista(laptop) Where As , Even I Am Not Able To Share Files Neither Detect Files Either Of The System,

I Have A Following Hardwares:

1. Wlan Enabled Laptop (win Vista)
2. D.link Pci Wlan Card In Desktop (win Xp Sp2)
3. D.link Wlan Router In Desktop (connected To Adsl Modem)

Please Help Me To Detect My System To Each Other And Share Files AND PRINTER Please Give Me Step By Step Procedures For It.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-in-wireless-networking-b-w-win-xp-desktop-windows-vista.619488/
Relevancy 63.21%

I am trying to share the internet connection through my laptop by wiring it to my desktop which has no wireless card. I went into the connection properties and told it to allow internet sharing to other devices. My desktop is showing the connection between the laptop and desktop, but it says it has no internet access. Any troubleshooting help?

A:Sharing internet between wireless laptop and desktop - Both Windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by crg13729

I am trying to share the internet connection through my laptop by wiring it to my desktop which has no wireless card. I went into the connection properties and told it to allow internet sharing to other devices. My desktop is showing the connection between the laptop and desktop, but it says it has no internet access. Any troubleshooting help?

Welcome to sevenforums crg13729!

How is the laptop connecting to the Internet?

Wireless? If so, via what method? Cable Internet, DSL, Satellite, Neighbor???

Perhaps some info here: Internet Connection Sharing - Enable

Should be able to get it to work with a crossover cable which can be purchased easliy at any good PC shop... or they can make one for you!... although this is usually done with a PC with 2 wired connections... 1st one for Internet, the other for the 2nd PC to share Internet with 1st catd!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185951-sharing-internet-between-wireless-laptop-desktop-both-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

My problem is that the connection drops alot and by that I mean that when it drops there IS a red X on the network card on Belkin v7000) G Wireless Card Desktop with (F5D7000 Solved: Problem the toolbar Im running XP SP and Im using the Solved: Problem with Belkin Wireless G Desktop Card (F5D7000 v7000) WZC tool I dont have the Belkin Wireless Utility Installed Also it seems to drop more when i have a network bridge set up in my computer so that I can play on Xbox LIVE Also Ive noticed that the connection seems to drop more in the morning and afternoon but it barely drops at night My router is a Linksys WRT G v My Belkin Card has the latest drivers for the v I dont think that the drivers for the v work for them anyways also when it drops when Im on the status thing the timer stops when the connection is lost for example the connection stops at it drops for seconds then when it comes back the timer jumps right to Another thing is that when i have my xbox on in the network bridge I have to unplug the ethernet cable out of my xbox so that the connection would stay when it drops the connection comes back then it goes away then it comes back again is like this until I unplug the ethernet cord Ive also changed the channels in my router Channel was first then went to then to now im in Also this is the only computer with this problem there are Sony Vaio Laptops they have to problem So before I break this Card in half What can I do Ive heard people say that the belkin drivers suck but i dont know what other drivers to use like from other manufacturers So please help me This is really anoying specially when Im playing Halo then al the sudden I lose connection nbsp

A:Solved: Problem with Belkin Wireless G Desktop Card (F5D7000 v7000)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-belkin-wireless-g-desktop-card-f5d7000-v7000.807910/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have the two computers in my system Netgear Desktop, Vonage, wireless problems Solved: and WGR-614 Clearwire, v6, Laptop specs running Clearwire Wireless as my ISP a Vonage VOIP Router Modem The Laptop is connected to the network Wireless The Desktop wired When I have the Vonage Router connected I lose my AIM and Yahoo connection frequently When I try to play at POGO the games will lag and finally freeze up after about minutes I am not using any encryption and have my Netgear router set Solved: Netgear WGR-614 v6, Vonage, Clearwire, Desktop, and wireless Laptop problems up in the Setup Wizard s Basic setup I also have trouble connecting to my pop email Solved: Netgear WGR-614 v6, Vonage, Clearwire, Desktop, and wireless Laptop problems account with the Vonage Router connected If I disconnect the Vonage router from the system everything works perfectly It doesnt matter if I have the Clearwire Modem connected to the Netgear Router or to the Vonage router The same thing happens everytime Normal Web Brousing seems fine either way Vonage connected or not ANy ideas as to a fix would be appreciated ALso I have not tried connecting the Clearwire to a network hub then to each router separately from there TIA for any help Not very Network savy This is just a simple home network nbsp

A:Solved: Netgear WGR-614 v6, Vonage, Clearwire, Desktop, and wireless Laptop problems

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-netgear-wgr-614-v6-vonage-clearwire-desktop-and-wireless-laptop-problems.526578/
Relevancy 63.21%

Belkin G wireless router ghz- g Dell Wireless WLAN mini-card I am having an odd problem with the wireless capability of my wireless router When I first got Wireless Router, Wireless G Belkin Problems Solved: my router I used the Software included Solved: Belkin G Wireless Router, Wireless Problems but that did not work so I set up my network manually For several months everything was working perfectly and both physical and wireless connections to the router were working Recently the wireless capability of the router has stopped working however it still emits a strong signal and functions perfectly as a non-wireless router The problem my laptop encounter when it is try to connect is that the connection status constantly displays quot Authenticating quot I have tried to rebuild the network no effect Have clicked on the repair button it sits indefinilty on the step quot renewing IP address quot I have tried physically entering my IP address no effect I am positive the problem is not my laptop wireless card because it still fuctions perfectly on all other networks Is this a networking problem or is it just time to get a new router nbsp

A:Solved: Belkin G Wireless Router, Wireless Problems

Reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure. Initially try to connect wirelessly with encryption disabled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-belkin-g-wireless-router-wireless-problems.720204/
Relevancy 63.21%

I don't have access to the hardware right now, but the plan is to use a D-Link 301 wireless router as a repeater so that the laptop in the upstairs (3rd floor) bedroom can reach the netgear wireless modem/router that connects to the internet. (Ground floor)
Currently, the netgear wireless signal is detacted on the middle floor, but not on the upper floor of the house.
Is this possible?
Where might I find information on this?
I have tried Google, but have not had any luck finding the information I need.

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I am having an issue connecting to any wireless network Problem s existed for days for unknown reason I have uninstalled and installed and then updated drivers I also disabled and enabled the respective services from quot services msc quot but no go I typed quot cmd ipconfig all quot and that s what I received ------------ Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Solved: any wireless network card can't wireless detect My C Users Thamer gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Thamer-VAIO Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter Broadband M ak Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadband M ak Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - - - D-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -A - - DHCP Enabled Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network Tunnel adapter isatap D A - CBC- B-A -BAB F E EC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e d e ab b e Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe d e ab b e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DD EB B- - -AC -E FC A EADB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DE -F D- A - E - AD AC D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Thamer gt ---------------------------------- TSG SysInfo Report Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO N A N A Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled ---------------------------- HiJack this Report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x WordWeb wweb exe C Program Files x ONSPEED onspeedcore exe C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer exe C Program Files x Quick net ModemListener exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility CCP exe C Program Files x Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Zone... Read more

Relevancy 63.21%

I got a new Linksys E2000 router a few weeks ago. It works fine with all the wireless laptops I have in the house, however I can not get an internet connection on this particular desktop PC using a Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter.

I've tried updating the driver but to no avail.

Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks.

A:Solved: New wireless-N router won't work with wireless-G PCI adapter

Shouldn't be a problem unless you have the router set to use 'N' only mode.

What encryption are you using? Have you tried connecting w/o encryption?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-wireless-n-router-wont-work-with-wireless-g-pci-adapter.950487/
Relevancy 63.21%

Got a wierd problem here.

Got a Zyxel wireless modem router. The wireless part works perfect but when I plug in a RJ-45 (ethernet cable) into on of the ports and then into the network card on a desktop computer - its gets no internet. I can login to the router from the desktop fine.

I thought this was the computer it-self.

So I got a laptop, and plugged the same cable into it - still no internet connection.
(The cable was replaced with another RJ-45 - so it is not the cable - this problem is baffling me)

Any ideas anyone?

A:Solved: Wireless Router - Wireless Pefect but no signal from RJ-45

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-router-wireless-pefect-but-no-signal-from-rj-45.654971/
Relevancy 63.21%

I live in a large house that has ethernet ports throughout the house. I need to have two separate wireless routers to insure I have wireless coverage. There will be one upstairs and one downstairs. Is there any advantages or disadvantages in naming both of the wireless networks with the same name?

Thank you for looking.

A:Solved: Naming a wireless network using two wireless routers

I wouldn't use two SOHO wireless routers for this.

The better way is to use APs from companies like Aruba Networks, Ubiquiti, or Meraki. These companies have APs which allow them to operate as one unified wireless network without the expense of purchasing a wireless controller. By doing this, you have the ability to add APs anytime you want which will join the AP cluster and operate as a unified device with the cluster. It allows the ability to have the APs being aware of each other and as a result adjust their output transmissions so they won't be stomping on each other running full blast. It allows you to use one or more SSIDs which all the APs will service and hence more seamless roaming throughout your house; without issues inherent with using independent APs or with SOHO wireless routers configured to use the same SSID. These systems also have the ability to constantly auto select operating channels in both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands so your wireless network is always operating at the best efficiency/performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-naming-a-wireless-network-using-two-wireless-routers.1139849/
Relevancy 63.21%

Here is my question, My roommate has a wireless network installed in the apartment we share. It is actually set up nicely, very rarely any problems getting on-line and browsing and such. The router is a Netgear WNDA 3700 and cable service is thru Comcast. I play a lot of on-line games and sometimes the connection will drop and I get a lot of lag and sometimes die (no fun). I was wondering if it is possible to run a Cat 5 cable from the back of the router straight to my computer, there is 1 connection available on the router, and If this is possible I want to make sure it won't interfere with him getting on the internet and doing whatever he does while I'm on-line. Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi! i really have a big trouble at my wireless connection. i cant enable my wifi by using Fn. and when i try enabling my wireless connection trough control panel, my laptop started hanging and i can't use it any more. so i have to force turning it of and i have to restore the system trough safemode. i have to do it to enable to use my laptop again.. im using Windos 7 my laptop is MSI GE700

Hope someone could help me . =(

Relevancy 63.21%

Someone asked me about hooking up there xbox to the internet. Their home is wireless and the xbox is across the room. Is there something I can get that receives the wireless signal from the network then transmits it through the wire plugged into it? Basically, the opposite of a wireless access point. Thanks.

A:Solved: Wireless network - need something that does wireless to wired for xbox

The device you want is called a wireless bridge; e.g., see http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q...r=lang_en&newwindow=1&sa=N&tab=ff&oi=froogler

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-need-something-that-does-wireless-to-wired-for-xbox.401547/
Relevancy 63.21%

I just setup an Airaya wireless bridge for my small business buildings its bridging miles but I cant get it to work as I was told it would I was told that my wireless community on end B could use the internet Wireless wireless Airaya -- on Solved: bridge community connection from end A because I pay for a Solved: Wireless community on wireless bridge -- Airaya MB s connection and my ISP told me this was how I could bridge it without having to buy internet on both ends I currently have the routers ethernet port plugged into radio B as I was instructed the radios are perfectly aligned and sending and Solved: Wireless community on wireless bridge -- Airaya recieving at the highest possible rate but none of the wireless users in building B can connect to the internet they can only connect to the router if this doesnt make sense tell me and i will try to make it sound less n bish Aiden Garrett Graham http static zoovy com merchant pnt AI - -KIT d pdf thats the information on the airaya kit the wireless router is a Netgear WNR T nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Hello, I specifically want a wireless-router with an on/off switch for the WiFi itself. Ideally a switch that will stay in postion until you press it again.

Apart from that the router needs to have all round good performance. Price isnt too much of an issue.

I'd really appreicate any help. Thank you.

A:Solved: Need Help to Find A Wireless Router with Wireless on/off Switch

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-help-to-find-a-wireless-router-with-wireless-on-off-switch.1111971/
Relevancy 63.21%

My internet has been working fine until a few minutes ago, when my connection just vanished.
I went to try and reconnect but my Belkin N Wireless USB adapter could not find any wireless networks to connect to.
While searching for a connection, the light starts blinking like it is searching, but then it says that it can't find any. Also, when I plug in the adapter, a popup comes up saying that there are wireless networks nearby, but when I click it there are still none.

I've tried reinstalling drivers but still nothing. I'm not sure what else to try because I'm afraid I might mess something up even more.
If you need any more information just ask.
Please help me to fix this problem. Thanks.

Relevancy 63.21%

iam new to Wireless Router and i want to get one so i started looking for one and found Wireless Router & Wireless Access Point . now i need to know which one should i get and what brand . i don't want to get the wrong thing ang wast $$$. i have one pc & one labtop and Internet access(adsl) range to cover for the pc is 60feet from the Router & the labtop is about 80feet. can some 1 help me

Relevancy 63.21%

think i accidentally turned off wireless card..dell inspiron 1520/ Windows XP...message i get is press FN + F2..but that does nothing...i was traveling yesterday..with the computer working in an airport think i accidentally turned off but have no idea how to enable. Please help..i work from home on this machine and it's pretty critical i get help soon.
thanks so much

A:Solved: Wireless is turned off.. cannot enable wireless networking

Hi Jadewoman

On the left hand side of this laptop there is a wireless switch. This will turn it back on!

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1520/en/index.htm

See page 27 of the owner's manual including a picture of the switch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-is-turned-off-cannot-enable-wireless-networking.916361/
Relevancy 63.21%

I've crashes from sleep hardware; when now waking Updated Windows 7 been searching around online for the past few hours trying to find a solution from this to no avail Problem I recently upgraded my old computer's motherboard cpu to an Asus Z -PRO and i - K Updated hardware; now Windows 7 crashes when waking from sleep respectively At first I didn't bother doing a fresh install I just uninstalled the old Mobo drivers and installed the new ones which I thought Updated hardware; now Windows 7 crashes when waking from sleep worked at first That is until my computer first went to sleep Every time it wakes up whether put to sleep on a timer or manually it lets me log in with my password and then freezes at the welcome screen But here's where it gets weird Sometimes but not all the time I will get an error stating Quote The instruction referenced at xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX referenced memory at xYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY The required data was not placed into memory because an I O error status of x e Click on OK to terminate the program The weirder thing is that when it shows it isn't always the same process that is named which is why I didn't include it Regardless of whether this happens it always shuts down after a little bit of waiting but never reaches the desktop This issue has only happened when waking up from sleep mode and otherwise the entire system has worked fine Side note It also died when it woke up to do automatic updates in the middle of the night It does not however yield a BSOD meaning I don't have a memory dump to go from My attempted solutions At first I attempted reinstalling Windows because I figured it's possible that one of the old drivers could have caused an interference of some kind This however had no beneficial effect All it did was require a few hours of updates - - After this I attempted finding all the updated firmware for the Motherboard's chipset sata drivers just in case that was the issue Still nothing Then I found an article with a similar problem on Tom's Hardware and so i tried setting the disk to never turn off I also followed a series of SSD optimizations from an article there as well Still no luck Finally in desperation I updated my BIOS firmware Of course no luck I really have no idea what this could be I have used this same SSD for Windows for the past years and I've been through other motherboards with no problem For those wondering this is my current setup Setup CPU Intel i - K Mobo Asus Z -PRO Graphics GB VRAM GDDR XFX AMD Radion X Memory x GB Corsair Vengeance OS Drive GB Corsair Force SSD OS Windows Professional Does anyone here have any suggestions for trouble shooting to hopefully make this work I don't know what else to do

A:Updated hardware; now Windows 7 crashes when waking from sleep

Hello Bitwize. Welcome to the forum.

You say you upgraded the motherboard and CPU. Did you upgrade the RAM as well, or are you re-using the old RAM?

If so, do you know if that old RAM is compatible with the motherboard and CPU?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/317753-updated-hardware-now-windows-7-crashes-when-waking-sleep.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

I have a windows XP home edition desktop computer which has a BT Voyager 2091-15 wireless router connected to it. I also have a windows vista home premium laptop which is wireless and I want to create a wireless connection with it.

The workgroup names on both computers are the same and on the network map on the windows vista machine I can see the name of the desktop computer. (I take it this means that the are connected in some way???).

I would like to be able to file share and share the printer which is pluged into the desktop pc.

Please can you help??

Thanks

A:Can't create a wireless network between a Windows Vista Laptop and Windows XP Desktop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-create-a-wireless-network-between-a-windows-vista-laptop-and-windows-xp-desktop.615656/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a Windows Desktop mainly used as a server to store files and I have a Windows Laptop used to mainly access and store files to the desktop I do not use homegroups because I find that workgroups work better for what I Windows 7 (wireless) not Windows Laptop on can Desktop (wired) Professional view Wo 7 am doing I have researched hours and hours on forums and googling troubleshooting tips but I can not find one thing that will fix my problem So here it is My laptop can see view and access my desktop no problem It shows up on the Windows 7 Professional Desktop (wired) can not view Windows 7 Laptop (wireless) on Wo network and also sees the media devices on it I can ping and view and alsp remote to desktop So this is working as expected My desktop however cannot see my laptop on the network I can ping and view laptop by ip address though I can also see the laptop as a media device I just cannot see the laptop as a computer on the network I have renamed workgroup reconfigured windows firewall disabled windows firewall and pretty much done everything basic and also some minor registry changed but converted back becuase problem did not fix I appreciate any help thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 Professional Desktop (wired) can not view Windows 7 Laptop (wireless) on Wo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-professional-desktop-wired-can-not-view-windows-7-laptop-wireless-on-wo.982148/
Relevancy 62.78%

I currently use drivers from 2008:

Driver Version 4.176.75.21 - 10/1/2008

for my Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card.

Whenever I run Microsoft Update it tells me to upgrade to the latest drivers, however, with the newest drivers I experience a SIGNIFICANT drop in throughput- something like from 108 mbps with my current setup to 1-15 mbps with the "updated" drivers.

I'd like to have the most up to date driver, but do not want to limit my Wifi bandwidth either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated-- all my system info *should* be in my profile.

PS I'm a brand new user, so I apologize if this is not a well written post!

A:Updated Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card Worse Connect

If the new driver causes problems and the old one works fine, best to just stick with the old driver. Typically you only need to update your drivers if you are experiencing problems or the new driver adds some functionality. Otherwise it is better to just leave well enough alone. If is listed as an important update, right-click the update and hide it.

If you are set on updating, you can try downloading the driver from the Dell website (link below) and uninstalling the old driver prior to installing the new driver. You can also look at the fixes and enhancements listed on the Dell site to determine if you really need it.

Driver Details | Dell United States

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/269349-updated-dell-wireless-1505-draft-802-11n-wlan-mini-card-worse-connect.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi Guys,

I guess this is a pretty straight forward question. I'm trying to connect and charge at the same time a XBOX 360 wireless controller with Windows 7 without buying a Wireless Gaming Receiver. Please only post if you have a resolution for this problem with step by step instructions on how this is done if it even is possible.

Thank You

Vlad

A:Connect / charge wireless XBOX 360 controller Windows 7 w/o Wireless Gaming Receiver?

Well to connect wirelessly you will need to buy a receiver..

But for wired, download this:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...x360_32Eng.exe

Then insert your Controller into the PC using a Play&Charge USB cable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connect-charge-wireless-xbox-360-controller-windows-7-w-o-wireless-gaming-receiver-510546.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I upgraded several computers in our company to windows 10 and we can remote desktop from a wired computer and we can remote desktop into our windows 7 computers wirelessly but not our windows 10 from a wifi computer.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57478-windows-10-blocking-remote-desktop-conneciton-wireless-computers.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I put in netgear wireless llb pcmcia card in my compaq running xp

The driver seems to be OK and the computer recognizes the card

It says wireless network not connectec

when I try to connect or try to view wireless connections
I get message windows can't configure the wireless network

When I tried to follow the instructions on the microsoft site,
and tried to run the program it said to run to let windows zero configure the network It couldn't find the program

What if anything can I do

Unfortunately I can't connect the computer to the internet without the wireless as I'm out of town, typing this in now at a library computer, which right now is my only occasional access to the internet until I get this straightened out.

A:can't get wireless to work on notebook --message windows can't configure wireless

Chances are that when you installed the Netgear driver and utility you told the utility that you wanted it to manage the wireless. Its icon should be in the Notification Area--double click on it, go to the Network (I'm going from memory here) tab, find the network you want and connect to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-wireless-to-work-on-notebook-message-windows-cant-configure-wireless.492768/
Relevancy 62.35%

Nowadays wireless router is a basic device at home because wireless access point AP is required Sometime a wireless repeater is also needed in a big house especially that with a big yard Actually without wireless router only a Windows laptop can be turned into a WiFi hotpot or a wireless repeater Many Wireless with Laptop Wireless Windows Adapter One Turn into Repeater 7 discussions can be found Turn Windows 7 Laptop into Wireless Repeater with One Wireless Adapter online regarding how to turn Windows laptop into a WiFi AP or virtual WIFI hotpot however the internet surfing is based on a local area connection If wanna extend a WIFI signal to an enhanced new wireless AP generally two wireless adapters are considered Here differently with only one wireless adapter but without rd-party software we can setup a wireless repeater in a Windows Home Basic or Home Turn Windows 7 Laptop into Wireless Repeater with One Wireless Adapter Premium laptop with only one wireless adapter This can boost the wireless signal to smartphones tablet computers or other wireless devices Also the mobility and flexibility allow extending the signal to a yard or a garage conveniently as you want It is known that a virtual wireless adapter can be created with a third party software or only Windows built-in commands But in Windows Home Basic or Home Premium usually the virtual wireless adapter cannot be created or a hosted network cannot be started I found a specific approach to clear the issues We can follow the steps successful setup in my two Windows Home laptops Click Start point to All Programs click Accessories right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator A virtual wireless adapter can be created by command of netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode allow ssid sameabcd key where sameabcd is your new ssid of the virtual AP key is the password for virtual AP If the virutal adapter named 'Microsoft virtual WiFi miniport adapter' cannot be created we have a specific method here Delete all temporary point to point ssid at Manage wireless networks in Network and Sharing Center and change all static IP to dynamic IP Then bridge Local Area Connection to Wireless Network Connection see Fig again run the command above usually the virtual wireless adapter can be created If not update the driver of the wireless adapter If no again it means the wireless adapter does not support hosted network When the 'Microsoft virtual WiFi miniport adapter' is created delete the bridge immediately Fig Start hosted network by netsh wlan start hostednetwork If the hosted network cannot be started similarly we still have a specific approach here Delete all temporary point to point ssid at Manage wireless networks in Network and Sharing Center and change all static IP to dynamic IP Then bridge Wireless Network Connection to Wireless Network Connection as shown in Fig run the above command again usually the hosted network can be started Then delete the bridge immediately and run the command again Go to Control Panel gt Network and Sharing Center gt Change adapter settings Right click on Wireless Network Connection and select Properties Go to the Sharing tab and check quot Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection quot Then at the quot Select a private network connection quot drop down menu select Wireless Network Connection and click the OK button Searching the new created wireless signal you can now get your smartphone tablet computer or any wireless device connected to the new WiFi AP If do not need wireless repeater just stop it by netsh wlan stop hostednetwork to stop the wireless hosted network This method is free and no any rd-party software is required After you set up the hosted network for the first time you can just start or stop it by running following two batch files as administrator start bat netsh wlan start hostednetwork stop bat netsh wlan stop hostednetwork Or only one batch file as attached start-stop zip

A:Turn Windows 7 Laptop into Wireless Repeater with One Wireless Adapter

This method is available for starting soft AP of Windows 7 Home Premium laptop when set up repeater, some third party softwares or methods can create soft AP for Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate only.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/254729-turn-windows-7-laptop-into-wireless-repeater-one-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I've been having issues with my cable connection and bought a new wireless cable modem to see if that was the problem...was able to connect on the laptop without any problem but have been having the same issues connecting (server not found). Before I was receiving packets but wouldn't ever send more than 1514. Now I send 1 packet and receive none. I can not find an ip address through ipconfig and when I try to renew it says to remove nic card...I uninstalled and reinstalled though auto detect but to no success. Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:Windows 2000 LAN/Cable Modem will not connect on desktop but does on wireless laptop

your title says laptop is working ok

can you confirm all the PC's laptops etc, how connected and what works or not

then on the machine which does not work

Ipconfig on Vista
Vista does not handle permissions the same as XP.
Locate the command prompt short cut in your start menu. Right click it, choose run as administrator, then try the ipconfig.

If you want to always have the command prompt run with elevation
Right-click the command prompt icon, choose Properties
Select the Shortcut tab
Click on Advanced
Check Run as administrator
------------------------
can you do the following tests Post back the results of all the test - clearly labeled which is which - ie pc / laptop
its important to do all the ping tests

1) Ping the default gateway
2) ping google.com by the name
3) ping google using IP address

all details below
ipconfig /all

TWO Methods to do that - some people have problems with ONE----

ONE ---------------------------------
start
run
cmd
ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

TWO -----------------------------------------------

Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.
------------------------------------------------
try ping the name and then the IP see below

start
run
cmd

C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>ping {the default gateway ipaddress you got above }
C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>ping google.com
Pinging google.com [64.233.187.99] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=120ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=107ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=102ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=101ms TTL=243

Ping statistics for 64.233.187.99:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 101ms, Maximum = 120ms, Average = 107ms

C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>ping 64.233.187.99
Pinging 64.233.187.99 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=116ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=113ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=113ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=111ms TTL=243

Ping statistics for 64.233.187.99:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 111ms, Maximum = 116ms, Average = 113ms

C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-lan-cable-modem-will-not-connect-on-desktop-but-does-on-wireless-laptop.595932/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi-- I m trying to set up a home network where files printer on my desktop can be shared over a wireless network Here s how it s set up Desktop is connected to the internet via usb CDMA which is my only internet connection All laptops at home connect to the internet through the desktop s CDMA internet connection via a Linksys Solved: desktop-wireless network for file/printer sharing: Home laptops router- Wireless Router there are no problems connecting to the internet simply sharing the CDMA modem s connection to the local area network CDMA modem-desktop-wireless router via LAN -laptops wireless Now I ve set up file and printer sharing on the desktop but since the router get an IP address from the desktop at the same time giving IP addresses to the wirelessly connected laptops I cannot see the desktop computer from my laptop Now my question is Is there a way to make all the computers visible to each other using this setup the key is access Solved: Home network for file/printer sharing: desktop-wireless router- laptops to internet which is only possible via usb which is why I can t connect the router directly to the modem Any help on this will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Home network for file/printer sharing: desktop-wireless router- laptops

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-home-network-for-file-printer-sharing-desktop-wireless-router-laptops.887086/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have recently put together a computer with a wireless adapter and Windows This was WPA, it as connection detects computer is but wireless Windows 7 wireless - WEP my My in addition to my computer running Windows Vista that has been plugged into my router In the past if a friend came round with a laptop they could detect my wireless network and connect to it using the WPA key However with my new PC this is not the case The computer picks up the connection but stubbornly Windows 7 - My wireless connection is WPA, but my wireless computer detects it as WEP believes it is a WEP connection when I try to connect to it using my WPA security key I get an error Entering admin seems to do the job This is no the case however After some time the computer only gains limited connectivity with the network and tries telling me to turn my router on and off again which I have done I tried manually changing the connections settings I told the computer it was a WPA - Personal Which it is and input the correct security key After doing that however I was told that The settings of the network do not match the settings of the network and couldn t connect to the network at all To get round this I simply removed the connection from my list of wireless connections but now I m left back at square one Why on earth is this happening Why is it that other devices including laptops with Vista and and even my Xbox can connect to my network but my computer can t nbsp

A:Windows 7 - My wireless connection is WPA, but my wireless computer detects it as WEP

Do you have the latest correct wireless adapter driver?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-my-wireless-connection-is-wpa-but-my-wireless-computer-detects-it-as-wep.996142/
Relevancy 61.92%

I ve recently upgraded my internet provider to BT and received a BT Home Hub as the new wireless router Previous to this I was using a wireless Belkin G MIMO ADSL router model number F D - There are places in the house where the wireless signal is very poor Connecting to the internet using either of these routers is difficult in these spots However since the Belkin is now spare I ve been thinking about trying to use it as a low cost repeater i e free to extend the wireless range in the house There are several good articles that I ve found on this a a link routers wireless network between two wireless wireless using Extend site which address the connection of two routers together e g John Will s article on connecting two SOHO routers is a good example but they rely on an ethernet connection between the two routers I m just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a way to establish a wireless link between the two routers to extend the range of the current wireless network Cheers everyone and thanks in advance nbsp

A:Extend a wireless network using a wireless link between two wireless routers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extend-a-wireless-network-using-a-wireless-link-between-two-wireless-routers.1074102/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have an Intellinet 802.11 G router, I bought a Linksys AE1000 N adapter. it says on the box that it is compatible with 802.11 A,B,G and N devices. The problem I have is the PC recognizes the default signal from the router and it says the adapter is functioning properly but they will not communicate. The computer connects fine with the ethernet cable. Is something set wrong? Thanks in advance

Windows XP Home - fresh install, no anti virus or spyware installed yet
Pentium D 2.80 Ghz
2 GB memory

Relevancy 61.92%

Ok I ve got a Linksys WRK G router with firmware may and I just recently got a new laptop that uses a Wireless wireless N to OLD router Solved: adapter G wireless N adapter It refuses to connect to the router It sees the network but can Solved: Wireless N adapter to OLD wireless G router not verify The computer can connect I Solved: Wireless N adapter to OLD wireless G router tested it on another newer router and the network is working I tested it with my PSP and DS But still for some reason I cannot connect How do I fix this Is it an update and if so how I m also going to need to buy a new router soon the one I m currently using is being borrowed If I get a Wireless N router will all the Wireless G and B devices be able to connect to it Any specific models that I should get It does also need to be able to connect to a desktop via ethernet and needs at least additional wired port in addition to the desktop EDIT It needs to be capable of port forwarding preferably with support for wireless port forwarding nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless N adapter to OLD wireless G router

Yep, any decent 802.11n router should allow 802.11g and 802.11b connections.

I have a D-Link DIR-615 that's worked well for me, and they're pretty inexpensive to boot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-n-adapter-to-old-wireless-g-router.880208/