Windows Support Forum

Local Network Access

Q: Local Network Access

I have installed both an HP WiFi Laser Printer and a Lorex Security System connected through ethernet cable recently. During setup for both things I have been given an IP address to access them through a browser, but can't seem to connect. The printer is functioning on the Network, so not really a problem, but I I want to access the Security System from the web. My router shows the mac address of the Security System, so its there, just can't get in.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Local Network Access

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 62.35%

I havent been able to get Network access working, The internet work fine. In the Network Status window it lists my access type as Internet and not Local and Internet like i think it should. Any ideas?

A:No Local Network Access

Just checked mine and it's the same, showing internet but not local?

I have to access my NAS by mapping network drive. Do you have network discovery turned on? It' sunder the change advance sharing settings on the left of the panel in your screen shot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/16221-no-local-network-access.html
Relevancy 62.35%

For some reason I can t connect to the internet The monitor icon at the right-hand bottom corner on my screen does not display a connection When I try to run IE it does not display a page I restarted the pc in safe mode with networking and can connect to the internet there I ran a virus scan using McAfee Network Only Local Access SuperAntiSpy SpyBot-Search amp Destroy and Combofix With all that done I still can not connect I sending you the report from combofix and the report from HiJackThis Please help ComboFix - - - Network Access Local Only gaustin - x NETWORK Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running from c users Network Access Local Only gaustin Downloads ComboFix exe AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Created a new restore point Other Deletions c programdata bddbaa c users maustin AppData Roaming c fb c windows system jucheck exe c windows system jusched exe Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users maustin AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Guest AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users gaustin AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates F AC B- E - A E- F - BFCBF D AF offreg dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Kaspersky Lab - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates F AC B- E - A E- F - BFCBF D AF mpengine dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system win k sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system localspl dll Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows system msxml dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system msxml dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers ksecdd sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuwebv dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuauclt exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wups dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wups dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuapi dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuaueng dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wucltux dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuapp exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wudriver dll - - - - ----a-w- c program files mozilla firefox components browsercomps dll - - - - ----a-w- c program files mozilla firefox components Scriptff dll ------- Sigcheck ------- Note Unsigned files aren t necessarily malware - - F B AB C A D A B BC c windows System drivers atapi sys - - F B AB C A D A B BC c windows System DriverStore FileRepository mshdc inf b d e atapi sys - - F B AB C A D A B BC c windows winsxs x mshdc inf bf ad e none df a eab e atapi sys - - D C DC A D A DE ED c windows System DriverStore FileRepository mshdc inf cc d atapi sys - - D C DC A D A DE ED c windows winsxs x mshdc inf bf ad e none dd a ce c atapi sys - - F FCB B EA FB D B EC F c windows System DriverStore FileRepository mshdc inf c c e atapi sys - - B ABEE E BE c windows System drivers asyncmac sys - - B ABEE E BE c windows winsxs x microsoft-windows-rasbase-asyncmac bf ad e none cee d e f asyncmac sys - - E B BD A EC B BD DFB c windows System drivers beep sys - - E B BD A EC B BD DFB c windows winsxs x microsoft-windows-beepsys bf ad e none c a d b beep sys - - E A CF CBBA E E C E c windows System drivers kbdclass sys - - E A CF CBBA E E C E c windows System DriverStore FileRepository keyboard inf da e e kbdclass sys - - E A CF CBBA E E C E c windows System DriverStore FileRepository keyboard inf f d e kbdclass sys - - E A CF CBBA E E C E c windows winsxs x keyboard inf bf ad e none e dd d f ec e kbdclass sys - - E A CF CBBA E E C E c windows winsxs x keyboard inf bf ad e none e e d ab ca kbdclass sys - - B B AB B F DAB C c windows System DriverStore FileRepository keyboard inf a df kbdclass sys - - B B AB B F DAB C c windows winsxs x keyboard inf bf ad e none ... Read more

A:Network Access Local Only

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/467186 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just a silly... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467186/network-access-local-only/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey all my first post so bear with me Running Vista Home Premium and I'm having great difficulties connecting to the internet through my home network My wireless router is a D-Link WBR- and I've tried the Internet Connectivity Test on microsoft com using another laptop with XP and it said the router should work with Vista albeit with some vista features disabled D-link itself says the router should work with Vista and I have to most up-to-date firmware for the on only Network Local Access router The XP laptop connects to the network and internet just fine I have WPA- security running and I made sure both machines are using the same passkey and are part of the same workgroup The problem is that Vista says I'm connected to Local Access only on Network the network but there is no internet connection and no amount of diagnose and repair fixes the problem such as reseting the wireless adapter Local Access only on Network obtaining new IP address etc I've even tried using a LAN cable to connect to the router but to no avail either Does anyone have any idea to what is going on here Is this possibly a router compatibility issue

A:Local Access only on Network

Hi malfuriouspete,

Go into your Network And Sharing Center (either through Control Panel or right-click on the network icon at bottom right and select)
Your network name should be declared here as Private - if not, you can click "customize" and put it as Private

HTH
vicber

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/202270-local-access-only-network.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I was using utorrent and got a spyware malware virus and now can't access the internet I removed the spyware malware using Avast and SuperAntiSpyware but still cannot get either access to the internet through wireless or by plugging in a cable I've removed the utorrent program and disabled Avast SuperAntiSpyware while I ran DDS and GMER I've pasted the log requested below and attached the two others compressed as requested DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Mason at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost Local only network access exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe Local only network access -k NetworkService C Program Files ASUS ASUS Data Security Manager ADSMSrv exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey ASLDRSrv exe C Program Files ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe C Program Files AVAST Software Local only network access Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon smartlogon exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k apphost C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Local only network access C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exe C Program Files x McAfee Online Backup MOBKbackup exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe C Program Files x McAfee Online Backup MOBKbackup exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k iissvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Program Files x McAfee Online Backup MOBKbackup exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program files P G BatteryLife exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey HControl exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey MsgTranAgt exe C Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon sensorsrv exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey Atouch exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exe C Program Files Wireless Console wcourier exe C Program Files x ASUS Splendid ACMON exe C Windows SysWOW ACEngSvr exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey ATKOSD exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey KBFiltr exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey WDC exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Windows Sy... Read more

Relevancy 61.92%

Howdy all Sorry for the long post but I wanted to accurately describe my problem and my actions Thanks for your help in advance I have searched many forums and tried many fixes but none seem to do any good Nobody's problem description is exactly like mine so I thought I would post my problem I have a Sony Vaio laptop on a home network that uses a Netgear WGR v internet - only no Local access network router with the Local network access only - no internet latest firmware installed This laptop has had network and internet access for almost years with no problems that is until mid June I have other computers connected to this network and have no trouble connecting to the network and internet One is Local network access only - no internet a desktop that is wired XP one laptop that is wireless XP and other devices that connect wireless as well itouches and a Wii I have tried rebooting the sony laptop resetting the winsock releasing and renewing the IP addresses rebooting the router and modem disabling TCP Ipv and uninstalling Bonjour Clicking on the red X has not resolved the problem or offered any helpful suggestions and I have not had any known changes by my service provider I have also tried disabling Window's Firewall I don't have any other firewall installed and haven't since first getting the laptop and currently run Grisoft AVG Free I haven't installed anything new lately except for any automatic updated from Microsoft or AVG The system does show several updated for June th The curious thing is that I can still browse the network and access other computer's files I simply cannot access the internet When I plug the laptop into a wired connection I can access the internet just fine I have attached a screen shot of the Network and Sharing Center Below are the results of ipconfig all ------------ Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kristin-laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - C- E-F -D DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - A- -FA- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e bb bbc e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday July PM Lease Expires Friday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F- E- - - A- -FA- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D ACF - - E B- -D BE B span font br span style font-family Times New Roman font size D span Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F B AA-FBCD- D - C- AB D span font br span style font-family Times New Roman font size EB span Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ----------- I am at a loss on what to do now Any advice or help is greatly appreciated Thanks TexasJeff

A:Local network access only - no internet

You wireless connection does not have a default gateway connection configured. If you are trying to use the wireless connection you need to enable DHCP. Look at your wired connection.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/280568-local-network-access-only-no-internet.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have been search all over the internet and have try everything with no success This is my information I got from doing ipconfig all on command prompt Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - - - A-AC DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-D -C - - - - - network only) local (access: unidentified A-AC DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected unidentified network (access: local only) Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - E-EC- B- -FB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP unidentified network (access: local only) Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E D- - - CD-E C FC BC Physical Address - - - unidentified network (access: local only) - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CE FDB-FFE - BB-AD - C C CFF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-access-local-only.1015328/
Relevancy 61.92%

Good afternoon. I want to beat my head into a wall over this computer today. I told her not to install Norton but she did and since 30 day had expired the Internet has Local Access Only. I have tried many things from: removing Norton, ran CCleaner, turned off IPv6 and turned it back on, device manager is ok (no yellow triangles), services are running, firewalls off, repaired and reset ipconfigs and adapters, and oh...6 or 7 hundred reboots. ;) One thing I noticed was the IPv4 address differs from the default gateway and DHCP server...am I on to something with this or is having differing addresses normal? Let me know if I am missing information. Thank you.

See attached....

Vista SP2
32 bit OS
2 GB RAM

A:Local Access Only on Unidentified Network

Net.tcp Port Sharing Service* and Routing and Remote Access Service were turned off after I rechecked my services and I restarted them. But still Local Access Only.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/local-access-only-on-unidentified-network-704817.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey guys,

I'm aware that this is quite a common issue and i apologize if it's been repeated hundeds of times, but it's driving me crazy.

I have an acer 8920g laptop with an atheros AR8121 pci-e ethernet network card. On my older laptop, the internet connects fine via cable modem and an ethernet cable (this has a broadcom network card). On the newer laptop i just seem to get local access only, with a 169.x.x IP address, no default gateway or DNS server addresses. Both laptops run vista home premium, and i'm totally lost and confused as to where it's going wrong..

Ive been searching a few sites and there doesnt seem to be any definitive answer to this problem

Does anyone know how to fix this before i throw my laptop out of the window?

Thanks

A:Unidentified Network: Local access

Originally Posted by bruen

Hey guys,

I'm aware that this is quite a common issue and i apologize if it's been repeated hundeds of times, but it's driving me crazy.

I have an acer 8920g laptop with an atheros AR8121 pci-e ethernet network card. On my older laptop, the internet connects fine via cable modem and an ethernet cable (this has a broadcom network card). On the newer laptop i just seem to get local access only, with a 169.x.x IP address, no default gateway or DNS server addresses. Both laptops run vista home premium, and i'm totally lost and confused as to where it's going wrong..

Ive been searching a few sites and there doesnt seem to be any definitive answer to this problem

Does anyone know how to fix this before i throw my laptop out of the window?

Thanks

Hi and welcome to vista forums

the 169.254.x.x is local to your machine. we need to take a look at the device manager to make sure your network driver is installed and working.
Start>search>type device manager>goto network adapters. make sure its listed and doesn't have a yellow triangle on it. right click>properties> make sure "working correctly".

let us know the results

ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/251630-unidentified-network-local-access.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,

I am using windows 7 Home Premium and trying to allow a program to use FTP port 21. I have an electronic device that I need to access through port 21 on the local LAN, but currently I have to disable the firewall each time I want to use the software. I did go into the firewall advanced settings and make a new rule for outgoing and created a rule for FTP 21, but it still blocks my software? Can someone let me know what I missed in the rules setup?

Thanks JR

A:Allow Local Network Port 21 Access

Does the FTP server resides in the device or in your computer? If it's in your computer, you need to make an incoming connection rule instead of outgoing. Outgoing is also allowed by default in Win7, unless you blocked it afterwards.

But regardless, remember that FTP protocol needs additional ports to be open for data connections (21 is used for command channel only). Extra ports will depend on the configuration of both the server and client and what port range they agree to use, and whether passive or active mode is chosen. Please clarify what mode are you attempting and where who the server and client are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/339938-allow-local-network-port-21-access.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all Had the same issues couple of months ago which I described in this take a look at it to see what s my problem thread So when the problem showed up again now I tried solving it with Network (again) only Unidentified access local the same solution as last time but quot of course quot that would not work now Here is the full reset for Vista Win TCP IP stack repair options for use with Vista or Windows Start All Programs Accessories and right click on Command Prompt select quot Run as Administrator quot to open a command prompt In the command prompt window that opens type type the following commands each followed by the Enter key Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog Reset IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ipv reset reset log Reset IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ipv reset reset log Reboot the machine Click to expand It s very frustrating Anyone that can help me out on this Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi there i ve just updated my pc and laptop to windows vista pc to vista business to network Only wireless Access Local and laptop to vista home premium and other than a sound driver issue on my pc was having no problems this was at home where i had my pc conncted to my Local Access Only to wireless network router by a network cable and was using my laptop wirelessly both happilly acessing the internet since then i have come back to university which is where the problem starts in my university house we have no wired network so i have to connect to the router wirelessly with my pc as well as my laptop my laptop has had no problem with this and i m connected to the internet wirelessly on my laptop right now my pc however which is currently in the same location as my laptop is having trouble accessing the network on my pc i Local Access Only to wireless network can open the connect to a wireless network screen and see the network i want to connect to the signal strength is currently shown as bars i select my network and press connect Local Access Only to wireless network i am told that connecting to the network is taking longer than usual and then that the connection is unsucessful when i open the network and sharing centre it says i am connected to an unidentified network public network and that access is local only connection wireless network connection my network name and that signal strength is very good fyi it is a wep security enabled network we previously had mac address filtering turned on i ve now turned it off while i m trying to fix my pc s connection i have no success getting onto the internet there is a red cross on the line representing the link between my unidentified network and the internet i also cannot ping local addresses or access the router log in page i have tried disabling ipv and also specifying custom settings in ipv using similar settings to those on my laptop that i can see by running ipconfig all on the command line i have spent a lot of time trying to find the latest drivers for the wireless adapter which is on my motherboard ASUS b g Wireless LAN Card in the properties it says the manufacturer is marvell and reports no errors and seems to think it is happy with the drivers it has basically this is very frustrating next thing i intend to try is moving my computer closer to the router and plugging it in with an ethernet cable and running a driver detection wizard to see if it can find any updates for the wireless i would greatly appreciate any help on this to allow me to get online wirelessly wth my pc just like i am with my laptop thanks for looking Matt nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi All

I have going up the walls the last week.
Basically just moved house and got broadband installed, my girlfriends laptop connected automatically, whereas my Compaq CQ60 Presario Notebook WindowsVista will not connect

I have checked so many different forums trying to fix this problem, but to no avail im afraid... it looks like there is an excellent internet connection.... but cannot go on the internet because it says "Unidentified Network local access only"

I have very little knowledge of computers, so appreciate your kind patience in advance

Would very much appreciate if someone might be able to help me out here!

Thanks so much!

Relevancy 61.92%

I have an HP laptop that I connect to the internet using a wireless Linksys router. I haven't had any problems with the wireless. I connected today via ethernet to the router. I received "Unidentified network...Local access only". I then rebooted the router and modem with the same result. I then connected the modem directly to the laptop with the same result(after rebooting the modem and computer).

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Relevancy 61.92%

Good afternoon I want to beat my head Unidentified on Access Only Local Network into a wall over this computer today I told her not to install Norton but she did and since day had expired the Internet has Local Access Only I have tried many things from removing Norton ran CCleaner turned off IPv and turned it Local Access Only on Unidentified Network back on device manager is ok no yellow triangles services are running firewalls off repaired and reset ipconfigs and adapters and oh or hundred reboots One thing I noticed was the IPv address differs from the default gateway and DHCP server am I on to something with this or is having differing addresses normal Let me know if I am missing information Thank you Windows Vista Home Premium SP AMD Turion GB RAM -bit OS Microsoft Windows Version Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Skooter gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TheGypsy Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - B- E-B - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ccdf cd c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday August PM Lease Expires Sunday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F- -DC-AE- - E-EC- - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tx comcast net Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E-EC- - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap hsd tx comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap hsd tx comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap hsd tx comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap sbx galvetx wayport net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap sbx galvetx wayport net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Skooter gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users S... Read more

A:Local Access Only on Unidentified Network

Did you use the Norton Removal Tool when you uninstalled Norton? Norton Removal Tool.Download MiniToolBox and open/run the program.When open, checkmark or select all options then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504842/local-access-only-on-unidentified-network/
Relevancy 61.92%

Here is my computer specs HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC Windows Vista bit Service Packet AMD Turion X Mobile Technology TL- GHz GB of memory Network Driver Atheros AR b g Wifi Adapter Version Now the problem So a week ago I moved into an apartment with Internet provided by Local Access Network Only - Unidentifief Charter Cable The cable goes into a Cisco modem and then a Netgear router When I try connecting to the internet it connects to the modem however my laptop comes up with inidentified network-local access only and by default I don t receive any Internet Unidentifief Network - Local Access Only access I would also like to add that all three roommates have no issues connecting to the Internet Including a laptop with wi does vista I ve already been through many trouble shooting options These include Correct password Restarting my computer Messing with the IPV and the IPV settings and checking that they obtain the address automatically Booting my laptop in safe ode Creating another account Unidentifief Network - Local Access Only and trying to connect that way Deleting previous connections and restarting Disabling all antivirus Avast and firewalls Unidentifief Network - Local Access Only Uninstalling antivirus software avast Installing new antivirus software AVG and many more I ve also tried connecting directly to the modem via Ethernet cable but the same thing happens I ve spent four hours on the phone this week with HP Charter random computer stores in town They all put blame on my laptop s settings but I just don t know what other settings there are that I could modify I ve never had a problem connecting to any networks both wirelessly and wired If anyone can offer me knowledgable advice I would greatly appreciate it Also if you need any other details just let me know Thanks in Advance Austin

A:Unidentifief Network - Local Access Only

FWIW: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistanetworking/thread/1e26fb5b-7d35-47ad-a50d-2025737da6b0

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456391/unidentifief-network-local-access-only/
Relevancy 61.92%

I haven't had any problems borwsing my network until a few days ago. I did nothing to change and now i can't get on ANY computers on my network, not even any of hte ones in my room. Going directly through the hub, it is strange. Anything I can do to change the situation would be greatly apprecited as I need to get files off a friends computer. Thanks again
Oh I am running xp pro

A:Can't access local network anymore

Have you asked your school's network admin for help? He may be messing around with a few things...Changing protocols, etc. etc.

You could try a Sneakernet

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-local-network-anymore.2770/
Relevancy 61.92%

I apologize in advance I have scrolled through pages and pages of posts here and tried to find my solution I must repost this issue for me I had network only access unidentified - local this issue after building my rig and it miraculously fixed itself one day when I powered the computer on It worked for a few months Then I inadvertantly put my unidentified network - local access only computer into hibernation or sleep instead of powering it off like I normally do Well Vista didn't like that So now I am offline again Parts Vista Home Premium x linksys wireless g router wrt gs cable modem asus extreme gamer mobo with dual nividia NIC on board most current drivers for everything most current firmware for router restarted everything a billion times unpluged replugged etc too uninstalled NIC reinstalled let it assign a driver too dhcp is disabled public or private network is a no go auto config or keyed in ip info no go disabled ipv no help No matter what I get the same result unidentified network access local unidentified network - local access only only ipconfig shows media state disconnected unidentified network - local access only for moste everything cannot ipconfig renew as it says that nothing is in the right status to do this cannot ipconfig release as it encounters an error typed in vista explode stupid vista wont even do that I have a copy of xp pro x I am seriously doing my best to avoid installing it because I would like vista to work but This is the second time I am encountering no internet with vista I have plugged it directly to the modem still has the exact same issue so the router is not involved with the issue It can only be a settings issue a NIC issue a Vista issue I can't remember how to copy out of a cmd box to get my ipconfig on here any suggestions on what to try Spiderchoke

A:unidentified network - local access only

Hello,

I have tried all these options also and then some! I have ran through and tried the netsh reset etc... examples, and have fulled uninstalled all AV / Firewalls and have properly configured my Vista firewall.

I am honestly stumped on this. I have spent over 6 hours on this and it is driving me nuts, someone must have a solution!

Please?

//Edit//

I solved the issue after another hour of tinkering with it. Here is what I did, and I think it's a solid fix!

Go to your "Local Area Connection" and right click. Click on "Properties". Once the window opens un-check "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP / IPv6)".

Once deselected, please select "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4)". Click on "Properties". Tick the little bubble that says "Obtain an IP address automatically".

Go down where you see the gateway settings. Tick the small bubble that says "Use the following DNS server address:". Please use the following settings:

Preferred DNS Server: 4.2.2.2
Alternate DNS Server: 4.2.2.3

These are Yahoo.com DNS settings and I have been using them for 5 years now. After you set all these settings, reboot the PC and try to ping a website. It should work.

If not, I am fresh out of ideas, this fix worked for me, hope it works for you!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/151375-unidentified-network-local-access-only.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I see that many of you are having the same type of issues with Vista though there Unidentified Only Access Network-Local are many different fixes that seem to work for some none have worked for me so far I was asked to help a friend simply download and install Norton as they had inadvertantly uninstalled it and when they tried to download Unidentified Network-Local Access Only it again they kept getting a corrupted file error Unidentified Network-Local Access Only I was simply going to clear the temporary internet file cache and re-download the file from Symantec end of story right No Upon receiving the computer I proceeded to connect all the wires cables etc and boot up the computer for the first time I had it in my possesion Immediately after boot-up I could not get an internet connection as the LAN was reporting quot unidentified network quot and local access only Soo I figured ok I ll just reset the network adapter and all will be fine but windows reported that there is still a problem and I should check my router or modem There is Unidentified Network-Local Access Only no router but we connect to the internet via a Motorola Expedience wireless modem WI After reading posts on several sites for many hours I have tried disabling and reenabling the adapter updating the drivers downloaded and used the norton removal tool changing the network to private then public then back to private again run several commands such as netsh int ip reset resetlog txt netsh winsock reset ipconfig flushdns ipconfig release etc I have unplugged the modem and plugged it back in again restarted the computer countless times and now am completely frustrated that a simple procedure has become this complicated The only thing I know for sure is that this problem is common to windows Vista I am attaching my ipconfig and hoping someone out there can help Thanks so much Windows IP Configuration Host Name TinaEsau-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- C-A - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f f eeb c Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FED D -DA - A - -DC EE C A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconn... Read more

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all The last couple of days I have had some troubles with my wireless internet connection Solved: Network Unidentified access only local The problem seems to be quot Unidentified Network local access only quot This is what I have set up Desktop PC XP Laptop Vista Solved: Unidentified Network local access only Speedtouch T Modem Jensen AirLink router It has been working perfectly fine ever since I set it up until the last couple of days The internet on my desktop PC which is connected directly through the modem is working fine but the wireless network is not I recently installed some Windows updates on the laptop and thought that they might be the source to the problem but uninstalling the updates didn t help so I doubt that s the problem then That s one of the issues here what is really my problem All the lights that should be blinking are in fact blinking on both the modem and the router It s working fine on my desktop PC so it surely can t be the internet connection that s the problem here It says that I m connected to an quot Unidentified Network with local access only quot when I connect to my wireless network so I can t go online on the laptop go online on my PS etc And it s getting really annoying Tried this guide but with no help Please help me out here Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Well I've been looking around the forums for people with this issue on Vista. Problem is that it's ALL laptops. I probably haven't been searching long enough but I rather get this help personally.
So my issue like alot of people's is that I get Unidentified Network- Access: Local Only

This is probably the SECOND time this has happened and the time BEFORE I went to Staples and had to give a hundred bucks because of a "so-called virus". So I dont wanna waste my money. And they said to remove the "virus" you could 1. Clean The Whole PC and start out new or 2. Erase only the "virus and keep everything else. I chose #1 because it was CHEAPER.

So anyway my info:
Vista 32-Bit
AT&T
Modem
Modem connected to three PC's (ALL DESKTOPS)
When there was no internet I sorted,defragged,virus scanned,cleaned the PC.

Will upload pics later today.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/285459-vista32bit-unidentified-network-access-local-only.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a laptorunning win7 32 bit on my locAL NETWORK. when I try and access the 64 bit win 7 computer it shows up as a network computer, but I get the message that the network path does not exist or is miss spelled which it is not) I have anetwork printer and I can not access it either. All in all the network does not seme to recognize the main computer path where the printer is installed. Any suggestions

A:Win 7 32 bit computer can't access win 7 64 bit comoputer on local network

Info from Microsoft on Windows 7 file sharing -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ons-of-Windows
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...rinter-sharing
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...s-with-someone
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ing-essentials
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...sked-questions
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...inter-problems
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...hare-a-printer
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...inter-problems

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win-7-32-bit-computer-cant-access-win-7-64-bit-comoputer-on-local-network-536607.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have looked at a number of forums and sites for an answer to this question, but all the suggested remedies have had no impact.
At some time in the recent past, my local network has dropped out and while all computers on the network can still access the internet, they cannot connect to each other, as the Network and Sharing Centre show no network connection. The network map shows
the other computers but shows no connection between the modem/router and router/internet.
I am running W7 64bit with an onboard network adaptor, cable modem and 4-port/wireless router (Linksys WRT54G2)
I have uninstalled/reinstalled the network card, disabled the firewall and anti-virus protection, manually entered the LAN settings, reinstalled/updated drivers for the modemand router, but nothing is helping. I have yet to uninstall any Windows updates
or reinstall W7, which seem to be the last resorts.
Any other suggestions?

A:Cannot conect to a local network, but have internet access

I have just spent an excruciating week + supporting a client with the same issue over production W7 Laptops running Ultimate x64.  Their problem related to Updates KB2750841 and KB2735855 and maybe ESET Nod32, they also operate DirectAccess. 
We backed out of the patches on the 2008 R2 servers but this did not have any impact.
Applying Hotfix KB2789397 to the Laptops fixed the issue
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2789397?wa=wsignin1.0.
According to an ESET article there are similar problems with W8 but no patch yet.
The ESET problem (initially reported to MS by ESET in November according to their moderator on Wilders Security Forums
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=332920).  ESET knowledgebase article

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3145&pmv=print&impressions=false specifically relates to downloading their updates but we found connectivity problems previously experienced pre W7 SP1 had returned with connectivity
deteriorating a few weeks after the patches KB2750841 and KB2735855 had been applied, eventually resulting in no domain access at all as the wrong firewall policies were being applied by W7.
Hotfix KB2789397 acted like an antibiotic and once the Laptops had re-synchrionised their policies and files all was well again and I have just had my first good nights sleep in a week.BobK ;)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/be0dda8f-98b5-48dc-95d6-663b360c169f/cannot-conect-to-a-local-network-but-have-internet-access?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 61.06%

Can anyone please tell me why when connecting wirelessly under Windows to a wireless access point I am unable to change the quot Network Type quot from Public to Home thus no connection to the Internet is allowed I cannot change any of the parameters of the network at all Under XP on the same network I have no problems at all I have set up three access points by simply adding additional wireless modems of the same unable Local Network access Home only: set to brand as the primary modem turning off DCHP and U PnP and assigning a unique IP address to avoid DCHP conflicts as I understood it Which Local access only: unable to set Home Network change would I have to make to the access points such that Windows fully recognises each access point Local access only: unable to set Home Network and allow me to assign them to type quot Home quot I don't have the units here I was helping a Local access only: unable to set Home Network friend so am unable to currently provide specific details beyond the fact that they are new ish Netgear modems Thank you

A:Local access only: unable to set Home Network

Have you tried this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160174-local-access-only-unable-set-home-network.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey I tired connecting my Sony TV to the internet.It wouldn't connect automatically so I manually entered
IP Address 192.168.1.200
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.1.1
Primary DNS 192.168.1.1
Secondary DNS 0.0.0.0

When it tested that it only gave me local access but not internet access. What else can I do to fix this? I use a netgear router WPN824N.

A:Sony TV only has local access not network acccess

change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 - thats google open public DNS
also I assume the other numbers are correct for your network
can we see an ipconfig /all from a working PC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-tv-only-has-local-access-not-network-acccess.1030770/
Relevancy 61.06%

There is PC1 (Windows 7) and PC2 (Server 2008). Both PC's are connected to a local network. PC2 has WampServer installed on it, with my current website project files on it. How do I access that website that is on PC2 via a browser on PC1?

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi All I have a problem with one machine accessing the local network Here are the symptoms It all started after the computer reset a few times in a row caused by a duff PSU I lost access to the NAS drive through Mapped drive letters and realised that I but access local OK network internet Solved: Can't had no access to the local domain I have Internet access Like now I can access the NAS via the Internet I tried re-registering the computer name and workgroup I can change the name but there is a message quot you Solved: Can't access local network but internet OK must install networking before you can change the domain of this computer quot I have tried the usual winsockfix and set the computer to normal startup just in case I have a quite old clone of the system drive and when running the computer from that the computer can access the local network with no problems So this must be a corrupt file somewhere How do I find out which files are duff nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

I know many people probably still aren't using Vista, but I was so happy to find the answer, I needed to let as many people know as I could. I spent many frustrated hours trying to get my Vista wireless network working and finally found the answer. Here is a link to these wonderful people who found it. All you have to do is upgrade your wireless adapter driver. Mine was the infamous Atherous AR5007.

Cheers, and spread the word if you would. I know it probably still can help many people.

http://www.kc.co.uk/help-and-support/articles/atheros-drivers-and-vista-unidentified-networks/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-access-only-on-unidentified-network-vista.1167857/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi guys I m trying to fix this laptop for a friend of my dad As the title of the thread says when I try to connect to any wireless network Network and Sharing Center shows the network to be Public and refuses to connect displaying Only Access: Local Solved: (Please - Public help!) Network quot Access Local Only quot Currently my network is set up as ATT Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) DSl -- gt modem -- gt router which is then connected to my wired connection and broadcasts wirelessly AN IMPORTANT POINT I have another computer running Windows connected wirelessly and another running Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) Windows connected via wired connection The Vista laptop connects to the internet perfectly when an ethernet cable is used but a wireless connection results in the aforementioned error I ve browsed through what seems like thousands of pages of people with the same problem but no one really seems to know what the cause is Here s all the stuff I ve tried so far TCP IP refresh repair pinging sites timeout uninstalling Norton uninstalling Mcafee turns out they had them both installed disabling UAC trying to connect to router homepage while wireless failed DHCP disabling installing SP SP updates Windows network diagnostic generic answers and no working solutions disabling firewall windows generic multiple system restores disabling IPv making sure IP Addess and DNS are assigned automatically connecting to an unsecured network in the hopes that it might have just been my network booting Linux and wirelessly connecting to the router working updated all device drivers Atheros AR Don t know what else to do I m currently writing this from the problematic computer which is directly connected to the router via ethernet cable and its working fine I can usually figure this stuff out pretty easily but I m totally stumped My suggestion to my dad s friend was quot Downgrade to XP upgrade to quot but he doesn t want to spend money on upgrading a year-old laptop and can t afford to buy a new one If you need any screen caps or ping results or anything please let me know I ll get them ASAP Oh yeah running VISTA HOME PREMIUM SERVICE PACK bit on a Compaq C Notebook PC Thanks again nbsp

A:Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-public-network-access-local-only-please-help.983081/
Relevancy 61.06%

First I'm on my iPhone and it's driving me crazy so if somebody has asked this ? I'm sorry. My internet is not working I try to pull it up and it says not connection to the Internet is currently available and it asks me if I want to work offline or try again then I get Internet cannot display webpage. Tryed the diagnose and no luck. Tryed the comcast desktop doctor to no avail. After being on the phone with comcast cable for bout 45 min trying diff things they said everything on there end is working fine. I just keep geting unidentified network and I cannot fig it out and need help. Ty

Relevancy 61.06%

I know this has been talked about beaten with a stick and poked as dead Anyone have a real answer yet I am an local unidentified access network - - Wireless only HP support tech We have had hundreds of calls reguarding the quot unidtified network quot quot local access only quot After trying every patch fix reghack found here nothing is really solving the problem Will there be a statement from MS with a real fix that works There is no set fields I can specify I have seen this with all Wireless - local access only - unidentified network flavors of Vista and with just about every brand of router out there Wireless just does not work Users say they have recently been in a Wireless - local access only - unidentified network public location and now their home will not work or that the unit has not been out of the house Wireless - local access only - unidentified network and it suddenly quit Personally I have had the user get onto a wired network and spent hours using remote access to try the options listed here and have had success only about of the time Will MS help us with this problem or just keep being silent on the issue

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/040d9fe6-059d-449a-bbe7-fcb856e800fc/wireless-local-access-only-unidentified-network?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 61.06%

I have two network cards that connect to two different networks. The first network only should communicate with the computers on the local network and the second should be used to connect to the internet.

How do I force the computer to use a given NIC for internet access and the other for local file sharing etc?

A:Block NIC from internet access but not local network

Instead of two nics for access to different networks and functions, would it be easier to have just one nic if you could find something that restricted all network traffic allowed in/.out of the NIC so it would only talk to networks you want and use remote services you want, etc.

Would that fill the need? You need one NIC and a firewall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/block-nic-from-internet-access-but-not-local-network.114342/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

I have a hewlett-packard HP G60 Notebook PC. Processor: AMD Sempron SI-40 2.00 GHz, Ram: 3.00 GB, with a 32-bit Operating System. I also have Windows Vista on my machine. The problem I'm having is that I cannot connect to the internet. It shows unidentified network with local only access. I have rebooted, reset the router (netgear), did a system restore but to no avail. I tried uninstalling norton anti virus on this machine earlier in case that might have something to do with it. I was trying to uninstall that because i have gotten the BSOD while trying to scan with Avast which is probably a totally different issue and I didn't want two anti viruses on the machine.

Relevancy 60.63%

Hey I am currently having a Vista issue where I am only getting PUBLIC ACCESS to my network which consists of computers connecting together with a shared internet source going Internet Vista? Local Access. Only Unidentified Network; No out to each computer except the Vista machine Setup Desktop PC Windows Ultimate Internet source LAN ports shared for internet access throughout network with STATIC IP other for normal access through network and RDC Automatically Assign IP Wireless Card Not in use Notebook Lap Windows Ultimate Just wireless access to internet Media Center MC Windows HP Wired LAN access to internet Desktop PC Windows Vista HP This machine only has a LAN port on it and thats the only device connected to it I have a Linksys Router configured to send out wireless and also LAN configured to the Wired Desktops The notebook is the only thing to use wireless and occasionally my Windows Phone I have checked that each other computer thats connected is getting internet access and they are But when you jump on the Unidentified Network; Only Local Access. No Internet Vista? vista machine I can connect to each computer on the network and access shared folders and gear etc but cant access the internet I think this may have something to do with the computer only having the PUBLIC access and have tried to change it to HOME-WORK network profile but have had no luck changing it The only thing I can change it to is PUBLIC Network or PRIVATE Network and there is no options to pick what type of network profile you want to connect to If anyone has any suggestions and or fix please please leave an answer below If you need any more information on specs of any of Unidentified Network; Only Local Access. No Internet Vista? the device let me know Thankyou for any and all responses

A:Unidentified Network; Only Local Access. No Internet Vista?

This is because a Public network can be dangerous you need to change it to Private network for Internet Access

Go to start

Control Panel

Network and Internet > Network and Sharing center

then click Customize

and select Private

Enter an Admin Password if UAC Appears

Then Restart your Computer and check the Internet connection

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/283381-unidentified-network-only-local-access-no-internet-vista.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey guys,
todays been a frustrating day. i am running win 7 and my LAC says "unidentified connection" no internet access. i can still connect wireless to other connection. i've searched online tried all kinds of things but they don't work. i am running comcast broadband connection through a marvel yukon ethernet. any ideas would be greatly apreciated. this is very important. i can't get my work done from home anymore!

thanks
nik

A:Unidentified Network-no access to local area connection

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Windows IP Configuration

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : TRENDnet
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::cd60:97c9:f106:e75%12
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.110
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.1

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : hsd1.mi.comcast.net.
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::b81e:d21b:cabf:1755%11
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 71.227.81.255
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.248.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 71.227.80.1

Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft 6To4 Adapter:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Tunnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter:

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 14:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 21:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 17:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 20:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 23:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 24:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 25:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 13:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 18:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 28:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 15:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 27:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 16:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 29:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 30:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 32:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 31:

Connection-specific ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220689-unidentified-network-no-access-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Windows 7 Connects to local network ok, but No Internet Access, i tried to reset dns, tcp/ip, but the same problem appear, but when I'm trying using modem, internet is working fine..
i get the yellow triangle with exclamation point in the taskbar saying "No Internet Access". I've tried shutting off the firewall, setting the connection to public, etc. with no change. I've also gone through the Windows Network Diagnostic process and it says... "local Area Connection 2 doesn't have a valid IP Configuration"

please help

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello everyone my roommates laptop has been having issues connecting ever since i got rid of the old Modem Router ISP ComcastOld Modem Router access/ Windows Local network Unidentified vista ArrisNew ModemMotorola SB SURFboard DOCSIS Cable ModemNew RouterASUS Dual-Band Wireless-N Router RT-N U Laptop SpecsWindows Vista Home PremiumToshiba satellite a Processor intel celeron cpu ghzRAM GB bit OSSo what happened is I decide to buy my own modem and router returned the one comcast was charging me for I bought the ones stated above My computer and my laptop had little to no issues connecting to the new router My roommates connected then said local access limited or no connectivity It was connected for a little bit I Windows vista Local access/ Unidentified network tried Windows update cause I noticed a lot of things was out dated I thought it was fixed he told me the other day it wasn't Well now I Windows vista Local access/ Unidentified network cant get a connection at all What I have tried Google the problemI have been on Microsoft sites and various sites trying to fix it no luck Anti virus and firewall NO NORTON or McAfee installed Windows firewall disabled Installed malwarebytes No spyware malware dected Direct connection to modemI unhooked the router and plugged the ethernet cable to the laptop directly no luck Ive disabled the IPv connection No luck there either Updated the driversAtheros ARG EG wireless network adpaterRealtek RTL EFamily PCI-E Fast ethernet NICNo luck after that eitherScreen shothttp s postimg org h n p er message edited by Authority

A:Windows vista Local access/ Unidentified network

Ok....Now the laptop not connecting can you go back into network and connection sharing center, click on "manage connection" and then right click on the wireless connection, make sure both versions 4 and 6 are check and under the tcp/ip properties for both IPV4 & IPV 6 are set to "obtain an address automatically" and below to make sure it is set to obtain DNS server automatically. clicking ok. If that does nothing try setting the router to a specific channel rather than auto.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/windows-vista-local-access-unidentified-network/13550.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello My Windows desktop computer suddenly cannot get No connection internet? Cannot - the access get area network on local on the internet It's connected via an ethernet cable and was working fine until this morning It says it is connected to an quot unidentified network quot which is public but that there is no network access When I look at the local area connection's settings it says no network access for both IPv connectivity and IPv connectivity Activity says packets are being sent but not received nbsp ipconfig all results are posted below Windows IP Configuration Host Name user-PCPrimary Dns Suffix lt blank gt Node Type hybridIP Routing Enabled NoWINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Netlink No network access local area connection - Cannot get on the internet? Gigabit EthernetPhysical Address - - -C - - DDHCP Enabled YesAutoconfiguration Enabled YesLink-Local IPv Address lt not sure if necessary to post gt Autoconfiguration IPv Address - Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway lt blank gt DHCPv IAID lt not sure if necessary to post gt DHCPv Client DUID nbsp nbsp lt not sure if necessary to post gt DNS Serves nbsp nbsp lt not sure if necessary to post strings of numbers letters gt NetBIOS over Tcpip enabled Tunnel adapter isatap and Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-interface both say media state is disconnected I can type out the ipconfig results for those if it's necessary Would've posted a photo but didn't feel like waiting for a verification so hopefully it's easy enough to read the results Any help would be appreciated Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/62aeaf66-d143-4040-be4a-e3ed1552afee/no-network-access-local-area-connection-cannot-get-on-the-internet?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 60.63%

hi all wondering if anyone can help as no one at bt can, they say its my computer?
basically i have been running windows vista and the bt home hub for over a year with no issuses,
I moved the computer so unplugged ect.. and put it all back the same way but now i can not get on line has unidentified network and local only, i have tried to reinstall the bt hub and broadband but can not get it to pick the hub up at all can any one give me a idea of what i can do ??
also have got bt to send me a new hub incase it was that changed all the wires but still not that so must be the pc, have heard it an be to do with vista?? but can i fix it!??

A:bt home hub to vista, unidentified network access local only ??

We will assist you here. Please do not duplicate your Post/Thread in the near future.

Closed!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bt-home-hub-to-vista-unidentified-network-access-local-only-500028.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Fresh install of Windows build -bit nbsp The network interface on my Intel DP SG motherboard was detected by Windows but I No ok, Windows to 7 but Access network Internet local Connects also tried installing updated drivers directly from Intel and updating the BIOS nbsp My Windows 7 Connects to local network ok, but No Internet Access local IP address is pulled from the DHCP on my router just fine nbsp I can view other PC's on my network and access their shared drives without any problems nbsp The other PC's have access to the internet as well without issues even another one running Windows RC build though I get the yellow triangle Windows 7 Connects to local network ok, but No Internet Access with exclamation point in the taskbar saying quot No Internet Access quot nbsp I've tried shutting off the firewall setting the connection to public etc with no change nbsp I've also gone through the Windows Network Diagnostic process and it says quot Your computers seems to be connected properly but the device or resource www microsoft com is not responding quot nbsp I also attempted to PING WWW MICROSOFT COM from a CMD prompt and it is able to use DNS to find the IP for www microsoft com is but there is no response and the PING times out I looked through a bunch of forums and there seem to be others with similar issues but I didn't find any resolution nbsp Please help

A:Windows 7 Connects to local network ok, but No Internet Access

Hi,

You may try the following suggestions to check the issue.

Suggestion 1: Reset and restart the router.

Suggestion 2: Search and update the firmware for your router, if the firmware update is available on the manufacturer’s website.

Suggestion 3: Reset TCP/IP and DNS
=====================
1. Click the “Start” button, click "All programs", and click "Accessories".
2. Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Please enter the following commands, and press enter after each

NETSH  INT  IP  RESET
IPCONFIG  /FLUSHDNS

4. Restart the computer to check the issue.

Suggestion 4: Assign a static gateway
=====================
1. Click "Start", input "NCPA.CPL" (without quotation marks) to Search box and press Enter.
2. Right-click the network connection (Local Area Connection) and click "Properties".
3. Click to highlight "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click "Properties".
4. Point "Use the following IP address". According to your router’s settings, fill in the “IP address”, “Subnet mask” and “Default gateway”.
6. Click “OK”

What’s the result?

If the issue persists, please upload your System Information to SkyDrive and provide us the link for analyzing.

How to collect the System Information
==========================
1. Press “Start”, type in “msinfo32” (without quotation marks) in the Search bar and then press Enter.
2. Choose Save from the File menu and save it as an NFO file.
3. Find the file, right-click on this file, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".
4. Send the compressed file to us via SkyDrive.

Arthur Li - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c0c52150-098c-4c5f-b2f9-8b7170b6f69f/windows-7-connects-to-local-network-ok-but-no-internet-access?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi All and thanks for your help before hand I am running Windows Vista Service Pack on a Sony Vaio VGN-FW E Wireless adapter Intel R WiFi Link AGN Yesterday My laptop froze so I did a hard reboot shutting it down via power button When the machine came back on it was displaying unidentified Network on my Network Map and Access Local Only Access - - Local disconnected Network Unientified Media I have trawled through various threads and conducted netsh calalog cmd s repaired the registry with a tool from softpedia ect All of these attempts have been unsuccessful I have copied the Log from the CMD ipconfig all I really Unientified Network - Local Access - Media disconnected hope I can get this fixed without having to take it to pc worl or somewhere like that Thanks for all your help guys and galls Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Point Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB- -F -CC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b e f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - F- - - D-BA- - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - D-BA-B -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F - F B- - CA- D CB br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EC Unientified Network - Local Access - Media disconnected D -F ED- C- D-CD E br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Unientified Network - Local Access - Media disconnected

First thing is to do a system restore because most registry tools are going to doof the system. So first things first do a system restore to before the registry tool was used. Then report the results please

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/268963-unientified-network-local-access-media-disconnected.html
Relevancy 60.63%

hello all,

This is my first posting here.

I have two computer connected through LAN and botah have XP. My one computer has internet connection and I am using Windos internet sharing for my second computer.

For past few days, I am unable to upload from file from my second PC (which doesnt have direct internt connection) .. previously everything was working fine but now when i try to uplaod any file using FTP programme from second computer, it will show the progress bar of uploading but it never never complete 100% uploading.. it hangs..

Please help me

Regards
Tabish

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,

I have a synology diskmanager linux server that I access with my local computers on my home network. My dell optiplex 960 desktop runs windows xp pro, and I was experiencing a 10-15 second stall when I click on the diskstation in my network places, under workgroup. I went through with Dell and they suggested a repartitioning, reformatting and reinstallation of windows xp, which I've done. Unfortunately this did not change the response time. When I called back the support person (bear in mind this is their 'gold' service contract) said it was outside of the scope of services...

So I was hoping that someone could help. Another problem was one of my shared folders on the diskstation could not be viewed from the xp computer. So I created a new folder and copied over these files and it's fine now.

I run Malware (full version), MS Security essentials and firewall.

Thanks,

James

A:Access to local synology server in my network places stalls

Do you have other pc's that are running windows 7 that don't have this problem with the share?

Anyhow, try this: http://www.mcmaster.ca/ctl/slwebclient.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522508/access-to-local-synology-server-in-my-network-places-stalls/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello all This may seem like a few other posts on this Forum but I have Network, - Business Unidentified Only Access Vista Local 64bit read them all and done all of the suggestions Vista Business 64bit - Unidentified Network, Local Access Only listed to fix this issue Nothing has worked so far Below you will find the list of things I have tried to fix the issue I didn t necessarily try them all at once I would try some and reboot then try something else reboot still no Internet Connection Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated thanks for any help Linda WINDOWS VISTA BUSINESS bit Service Pack Issue with Unidentified Network Local Access Only System has two NIC cards tired both System does not have any Wireless connections available only NIC cards Logged in under new profile same issue Can t ping default Gateway Things I have tried route delete ipconfig flushdns netsh winsock reset netsh winsock reset catalog Disabled IP protocol Disabled IP items on the network card Disabled Windows Firewall IOSYS System Mechanic HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services tcip Parameters Created new DWORD value under DisabledComponents value nbsp

A:Vista Business 64bit - Unidentified Network, Local Access Only

can we start by seeing an ipconfig /all please
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
all the text will now be highlighted
Next

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-business-64bit-unidentified-network-local-access-only.1153053/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey i am having problems connecting to Xbox live because it has no internet access and i have tried lots of things and nothing is working. here is the story behind it.... i had tried connecting many times before but it wouldn't work but one day i tried and i changed sharing on something (IDK what i forgot) and it worked so i had live for a couple of days. then one day my bro was online and the power went out in the house for a while, the next day i tried to connect and it wouldn't... on the when i plug in xbox ethernet to computer it says unidentified network on internet access. so can you help me connect thank you I got a cricket broadband modem on the usb

A:local area connection unidentified network no internet access Xbox

Joooooel> Can you tell us exactly how you have your network setup.

How the internet is coming in?: Your Internet Coming in? Is it going to another computer or to a Router?: Is the XBox Wireless or Hardwired?

Give us as much detail as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/153265-local-area-connection-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-xbox.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

We just set up our Dlink router and all computers and iPhones can connect to the wireless fine, but one of the computers is showing "local only". What gives?

A:Access shows Local Only on one laptop on DLink network. All other laptops can connect

Don't know...
Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-shows-local-only-on-one-laptop-on-dlink-network-all-other-laptops-can-connect.744424/
Relevancy 54.61%

My girlfriend's laptop (HP pavilion entertainment) only recently had these problems.

-When shutting down, it stalls on the shutdown screen where it says "Shutting Down...", and the spinner keeps spinning.

-Both her LAN and wireless connections suddenly only have "local only" access. I've tried restarting CMOS/BIOS (not sure) by holding down the power button for 30 secs and reinstalled the network adapter drivers but both to no avail. I have also read about many other people with vista having this problem, but nobody had a definite solution.
Thanks ALOT for any help =)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-shut-down-local-only-network-access-vista-home-basic.612623/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I'm currently in the process of testing deploying IE in setup XML - file File Local Enterprise Local List Network, IE11 Manager or HTTP, Site our environment and I've begun testing on the IE Enterprise Site List manager I've read that there are a few different ways to configure the XML file to apply via GPO IE11 Enterprise Site List Manager XML file setup - HTTP, Local Network, or Local File per the article below nbsp HTTP Local Network Local File https technet microsoft com en-us library Dn aspx In my isolated testing I've chosen to use the local file method which is very easy to setup and use on a testing machine It looks like we have the flexibility to choose how we apply the XML file and I was curious what the best options are and why nbsp Also are there examples of each setup being used and the benefits downsides to each Here's the options that I can see using HTTP - setup an IIS website to host the XML file Local Network UNC - setup a UNC path on our DFS where we store the current XML file and users would have read only access to that location Local File - We could just deploy the XML file via SCCM package application when updates to the list are required Could anyone please point me towards some articles etc explaining the pro's and cons of these methods and why I might want to choose one over the other nbsp I'm leaning towards just using a DFS share and option because it doesn't require us to maintain an IIS site for it but I am curious to hear if there might be any downsides to this method or benefits to going with another method Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ffeba7b5-ee91-4622-a535-a16b90c4a41f/ie11-enterprise-site-list-manager-xml-file-setup-http-local-network-or-local-file?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 49.45%

This sounds really noobie of me but is it possible to improve local network transfer speed by adding a 2nd network card. I was planning to connect one exclusively for lan transfers and another one hooked to a separate wireless router.

Right now only a maximum of 3 users can stream SD videos off the PC before it gets a little choppy.

The pc in question runs on windows 7 and it's board has built in gigabit, I happen to have a spare gigabit card.

A:Will adding a 2nd network card improve local network transfer speed

That won't really help the way you are describing the problem, although adding access points will help with streaming to wireless devices.

Although there is a setting in Group Policy that allows you to use two connections at the same time, I don't believe it will help in this situation.

I've done many HD movie streaming tests on my system.

I can stream from my media PC to at least 7 other machines at the same time, 4 wired, 3 wireless, plus my TV, and have no problems at all, no skipping, no freezing, even with the same movie in the same place or with 8 different movies at once, my TV is connected to my media center PC so counts as the 8th one.

This is Gb LAN, and 300Mbps wireless but even the 65Mbps limited laptop has no problem.

I'm not really sure why you are seeing these limitations but it may be the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275341-will-adding-2nd-network-card-improve-local-network-transfer-speed.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Abruptly internet access disappeared. It's a router issue, none of the computers here can connect. Further, I can't access the router through a browser - 192.168.0.1 results in a "Firefox cannot connect" message. I've tried resetting the DNS to no avail. I'm typing via cell phone and it's annoying, but I'm willing to try about anything.

A:Local access only - router not allowing access to internet

Hi brhanse,

Can you give us the make and model of the router. Also, do each of the computers connect directly via a cable to the back of the router; (example, there are 4 ports on the back of the router and each port has it's own cable leading to each computer) or, does the router connect to a switch and the other computers connect to the router through the switch?

Has this suddenly happened or have their been intermittent issues with connectivity recently?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/local-access-only-router-not-allowing-access-to-internet-574753.html
Relevancy 48.59%

HI,

I have installed server 2003 on a small network and created a domain that is the same as the public domain name (ie the companies website).

This is now causing a problem because when i type in the public address (for example www.company.com) it is trying to resolve it locally - because the local domain name is also company.com.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get round this problem?

Many thanks in advance

Dave

A:problem with the local network having the same domain name as the public network

add 'local.' to the internal domain or change it altogether.

Your public domain should not have any connection into your private infrastructure,
but you may have references from private->public; not very common.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-the-local-network-having-the-same-domain-name-as-the-public-network.69968/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all this originally started with an issue with the wireless I recently installed a D-Link DIR- wireless router and did computer only" "local with Vista had with "local ethernet only" access wireless, now a basic setup giving it WPA security My Vista computer originally was able to connect to the router with Internet and before that to the modem directly with Ethernet but it was infected by the Vista Security virus which I removed after following some steps and MBAM Since then it can no longer connect to the wireless network so I Googled the issue and did a few things - Norton Remover - In command prompt ipconfig and netsh some commands that reset refreshed IP DNS or something along those lines - Going to wireless settings and disabling ipV - Going to wireless setting and manually giving it an IP Default Gateway DNS Vista computer had "local only" access with wireless, now "local only" with ethernet according to the specs that I found by using ipconfig on my working Windows laptop - Updating the Atheros driver to version Somewhere along the way I must ve nipped something important somewhere because now the Vista machine doesn t connect to the internet wirelessly NOR with the Ethernet cable attached Vista computer had "local only" access with wireless, now "local only" with ethernet The icon in the lower right hand corner shows that the machine sees the router but with Local Access only I ve done an ipconfig all with the machine and here are the results this is with ethernet attached Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name HomePC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - B- A- E- A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - F- - F-D - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc c bf a c b cbf Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CF B -A - C B- DA-FC A D br CD Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AA -A C- F-AFBB-DC F br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F AFB E -A E - B-A B -A B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Conn... Read more

A:Vista computer had "local only" access with wireless, now "local only" with ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-computer-had-local-only-access-with-wireless-now-local-only-with-ethernet.1031986/
Relevancy 46.87%

So to paint a picture of whats going on I have a Hp compaq presario cq internet Local only...cant access access - us that came equipped with the windows vista operating system Ive had the laptop aproximately years give or take Local access only...cant access internet about a couple Local access only...cant access internet months ago I had a blue screen issue which forced me to completely go back to factory settings without saving ANY programs pictures documents ect that was on my laptop because u could not get passed the blue screen After my laptop seemed to be working fine although I lost all my programs files and ect that did not come with the laptop not sure if that is relevant to my current prolem but I figure a little history never hurts Ok so heres the problem since I havent tried to use my wifi because I had moved to a new place and was using at amp t mobile internet card that was working fine before the reset the wifi was in tact and worked like cake when I moved again I attempted to log on to my neighbors router with permission and the number that is on the router as the web now heres where the problem comes in i can connect but with local access only no internet access i thought maybe it was the wrong passkey at first but every other laptop in this house plus our xbox and even phones can connect but not my laptop I tried my phones hotspot aswell same thing showed up local access only limited connectivity the signals are there and strong so I tried tethering my phone again shows connected but on the map it shows a green line between my pc and the router or hotspot but a red x between the router or hotspot and the internet Heres what ive tried Cmd netsh winsock reset Ipconfig release Nd renew I tried disabling the ipv and reenabling it and installing the protocols thingys I tried deleting the network adapter with the explination mark and reinstalling and million other things cant figure it out please help nbsp

A:Local access only...cant access internet

when I moved again I attempted to log on to my neighbors router (with permission and the number that is on the router as the web) Click to expand...

we cannot provide support here - even with your neighbours permission - its actualy aganst the ISP terms of service - so unless they (the ISP ) are prepared to allow this , we cannot help here

please see our rules
http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

WiFi "Piggybacking" / "Wardriving" - We do not support the act of using someone else's Internet without permission. Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-access-only-cant-access-internet.1035814/
Relevancy 46.44%

i have been the internet for a couple of months with no problems everything was working fine but a couple of weeks ago my 'access' and internet changing to 'local internet' 'access' keeps only' from 'local started to change and say local only stopping me from viewing certain websites pictures would not load and would then take to to the 'cannot display webpage' when i try to diagnose it it either says that windows could not internet 'access' keeps changing from 'local and internet' to 'local only' find a problem with the connection 'the problem has been resolved' though it doesn't say what the problem actually was and it isn't resolved internet 'access' keeps changing from 'local and internet' to 'local only' as a couple of minutes later it will do it again or it gives me the option to reset the network adapter and internet 'access' keeps changing from 'local and internet' to 'local only' then says it has been resolved again it hasn't im running windows vista using wireless internet connection and it always says that my signal strength is excellent i have no idea what it could be as i had not been doing anything differently with it when the problem started help please

A:internet 'access' keeps changing from 'local and internet' to 'local only'

This happens when the router/dsl/cable modem loses its connection with the internet but your wireless connection between your computer and the wireless router stays up (local only).
The next time this happens run in and take a look at the WAN light on your dsl modem to verify that it is red or flashing orange (depending on your modem). Most likely the connection has dropped but the modem will restore the connection automatically when the line is good again. This is an ISP issue and you should call them when you are having trouble and ask them to diagnose the line. You will have to insist because it takes more than 2 microseconds of their time and you know how valuable they believe their time can be.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-access-keeps-changing-from-local-and-internet-to-local-only-347396.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I know this is a long shot I m staying in what s basically a hotel for the next couple months I was properties - Internet to access can't but network, network Connected access no on their free wireless Connected to network, but no Internet access - can't access network properties networks up until a couple of days ago when it just cut off my internet access all of a sudden They have confirmed it s nothing on their end My roommates have had steady access on their computers no problem my iPhone as well I obviously have no access to their modem to make issues more difficult when I right-click any of the network connections a dialog box will appear but all the menu options are blank I can t do anything to the connections except rename them Anything else yields a message box with no message if there s any other way to access the TCP IP properties that would be great Right-clicking the connection and clicking properties is the only way I know of I have tried winsock repair uninstalling reinstalling wireless driver and just about everything else I could think of ipconfig all gives me the following output Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List bc hsia telus net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix bc hsia telus net Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - - - -BB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ee bcd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July- - PM Lease Expires July- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Address -FF- - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF-E - - B-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - B- -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap cgocable net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap McMaster CA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EB EB - D- C - B -CDD br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap no-domain-set bellcanada Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FE-CEA - DD-B CE- CA C br D E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E BA - D E- C A-AD -B br E F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c b ecb b c ... Read more

A:Connected to network, but no Internet access - can't access network properties

Appears you are on Vista ( Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001] )

and running from an Admin Login (ie Owner and other than maintenance, you should be using a Limited Account, eg: UAC but solve that latter)

Disconnect from the router
Goto Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections.
Right click on ?Local Area Connection? & click ?properties? option.

scroll and find the Internet Protocol V6
clear the [x] preceeding that line
click ok

get a command prompt (run->cmd) and enternetsh int ip reset
netsh interface ip delete arpcache
ipconfig /flushdns

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-network-but-no-internet-access-cant-access-network-properties.149976/
Relevancy 46.01%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 45.58%

my modem and router seem to be working fine, as i have another laptop in the house connected without a problem. however, our main laptop wont connect by cable from the router or by wireless. it says its connected but to local access only. please help if you can. thanks

A:local access only

moving to networking forum
would you do the following and post back the results
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
all the text will be highlighted
Next
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-access-only.1021371/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello, im using a Compaq Presario CQ60, and since ive moved into my moms house from my old house ive been having nothing but connection issues, About every 30 minutes or so it gets Disconnected, and i look at my connection access, and it goes from Internet and Local to just Local only, kinda getting irritated, we alsso have 2 other computers here that are running fine with the internet, but i cant get this too work, Please someone Help me.

A:Local access only?

Welcome to TSG:
Need some more info.Please answer as many of the questions as you can:
The &#8220;Johnwill&#8221; need to know about your environment questionnaire:

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

What country are you located in.
Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
What is the expected Upstream/Downstream speed for your ISP Connection?
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make and model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms? Have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way? Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?

If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-access-only.844069/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all,

i have been battling this issue for the past 2 days, thus far i am not winning ...

out of the blue my wired network went to local access only. wireless devices work fine, plugging ethernet into another machine works fine as well. i have attempted multiple suggested fixes with no positive results. some details about the problem:

when testing with ipconfig i get assigned a default IP (162.xxx) and no default gateway

i can ping local (127.xxx) but not router or beyond

tried:
windows troubleshooting
safe mode with connectivity
reinstalling drivers
resetting NIC
updating all drivers
system restore
flashing BIOS

nothing works and i am getting quite desperate since i kinda like this machine. i am totally lost, please help !

A:Local access only ... need some serious help

hello mt103, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Try this tutorial out and see if it helps at all: Internet Troubleshooting Guide - Windows 7 Forums - created by Dinesh

Failing all of that, try downloading the most recent driver for wireless lan from your computer's manufacturer's website, uninstall your current one, and install the new one.

Let me know how it goes.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/295372-local-access-only-need-some-serious-help.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Alright so i've got a question guys, basically i have a work laptop with is running Vista 32bit and the problem i'm having is it will connect to wireless networks fine and work on the internet fine.

But when i disable that and try to connect through my ethernet connector it wont assign an ip address by dhcp. Ive checked all the setting to make sure it's supposed to assign by DHCP and i've tried it at home and at my work, so i know it's not the router that i'm connected to, and i assume it must be something with configuration but i can't seem to figure it out.

Any help or comments are much appreciated...thanks!

A:Local Access Only

Do u have a DHCP server runing on ur network at home or at work?
Is the network at home or at work configured for DHCP??
what are the symptoms when u connect through ethernet??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/91348/local-access-only/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a little network going at my house and i've encountered a problem,
here is my network,

Cable modem ----- D-Link 1005D Network Switch ----- DIR-655 and DIR-825
----- Two Laptops and Two Desktops

I got the DIR-655 a while ago and it worked perfectly, I decided to get the
DIR-825 for the 5Ghz band to stream HD/Regular video and play online, I set the routers so they had 2 different default IP's (192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2)
and made sure the IP's of the computers on each router didn't conflict, the DIR-655 still works perfectly (Local and Internet), but the DIR-825 only has local access, both have the DHCP server on but no IP's conflict. I made sure either than that all the settings were the same. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 45.58%

Ok this is my last resort after spending hours digging through forums finding nothing that works for my help! access only, Local please situation Out of nowhere my internet connection has been cut off I am connected to my university's network via Ethernet cable IPv says quot Local quot Local access only, please help! IPv says quot Limited quot a ping to returns quot request timed out quot which means I am not connecting to the DNS server All my setting are the same as a friends computer connected the exact same way Drivers are updated tried uninstalling the network controller and reinstalling it nothing works I have tried every command line I have come across disabled IPv through a registry edit and yet it still refuses to connect Please if someone can help me before I throw my custom built baby out my third floor window I would be VERY grateful If you need more info let me know Here's what returns after ipconfig all since that is usually the first thing people ask for C USERS JOEY gt ipconfig all Local access only, please help! Windows IP Configuration Host Name Joey-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - D- D-D - A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday May PM Lease Expires Saturday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C USERS JOEY gt

A:Local access only, please help!

---this may be an uneducated guess from me, but your list says:
---[Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Friday, May 29, 2009 9:23:46 PM]
---[Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, May 30, 2009 9:23:45 PM]
---(that makes it 24hrs. to me)---everything else looks okay---anyone else?---

peace

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/229671-local-access-only-please-help.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi
I'm unable to access the internet (local only) since getting a new Wifi box - any ideas how to fix?

Thanks
Charlotte

A:Local Access

moving this thread to the Networking section of the forum for better results.
Did you run the setup on the wifi router and include the information of your ISP?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/local-access-645459.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Here is my problem One morning I woke up to check online on my PC what I always do in the morning My internet wasn t working I went to check my router and everything worked fine Other computers could still connect to the same internet connection wirelessly So there was nothing wrong with Only Local Access: the internet connection So I tried to connect to the internet on my PC using another SSID someone else s and not password protected I logged on right away without any problem That was weird I went back to my own SSID it got connected but said quot Access Local Only quot I use my own SSID on my netbook and everything works fine So why isn t it working on my PC It had always worked before and I didn t change any settings So on my PC I am using Vista on my PC XP on my netbook it said quot Access Local Access: Local Only Only quot I could still print wirelessly via this connection but I can t browse the internet I don Access: Local Only t know how to enable Local Internet option I tried many things that other people suggested - restart computer - uncheck IPv - add some files to registry - enable firewall - disable and enable connection nothing worked I don t think there is something wrong with my internet b c I could log on via other computer I don t think my wireless adapter on my PC is broken since I could still log on to internet using another SSID I am guessing the wireless setting for my SSID on my PC is stopping my PC from accessing the internet I could still print via wireless connectivity and it only prints when I use my own SSID But I don t know how to fix it I don t know the right terminologies so you might have hard time understanding what I am trying to say If you think you could help please let me know what you might want me to clarify All suggestions are welcome Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi! I use 2 computers to access the Internet through the same wireless DSL connection. On one computer, I only get local access but no connection to the Internet. However, I can access the Internet if I use another network connection that is within this computers range, so I guess there is nothing wrong with my computer. Also, I can access the Internet with my other computer through the same DSL modem that just gives local access with the first computer, so I guess there is nothing wrong with the modem either. I tried the diagnose and repair option of my wireless card, but it didn't find anything. What could the problem be and how can I fix it??

A:Local access only

What's the brand and model of your modem? What is the brand and model of your router if you are using one?

Please show for each PC ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-access-only.701358/
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm running Vista on an Acer 4630Z laptop. My wireless connection changes frequently during the day from "Access: Local and Internet," to "Access: Local Only." It does not appear to have any affect on my wifi reception or my access to the internet, though sometimes it seems it may be a little bit slower in "local only." I can disconnect then reconnect and will quickly get Local and Internet again.
This happens several times a day.
What would be causing this? I've read other threads about people having Local Access only and not being able access the internet but that is not my problem. I can still access the internet even though it says "local only."
But I'd like to fix this so that it will stay on "Local and Internet."
Thanks!

A:Access: Local Only

Make and model of router ?
First things that are easy to do and do fix many router problems.
Download and install any current router firmware.
Do a router reset.Hold the reset button down for at least 15 seconds.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-local-only.847778/
Relevancy 45.58%

Helping a friend with some issues on a Toshiba P205 series laptop (Core 2 Duo T5300, 802.11a/g/n wireless-LAN). Issues resolved (they thought they had a virus or spyware, but ESET online scanner, Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware and Norton Security find nothing.) Although slow, the computer appears to work perfectly. . . save one thing. I cannot get wireless Internet access -- only "Local access" (wired access works fine). When I look at the available connections, it lists only two: Mine and something called "Network 3 (Private network)". The connection to my router is named "Unidentified network (Public network). Attempts to change it to "Private network" result in the computer automatically changing it back to a Public network. Signal strength for the connection to my (D-Link) router is "excellent" -- 5 bars.

Why can I not get wireless Internet access?

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everyone,

So I turned on my PC this morning ( vista 64 bit ) and I could not connect to the internet. I hover my mouse over the little internet connection icon in the botom right hand corner and it says local access only. Has anyone else had this problem? Is more information required ( more than likely ) jsut let me know. This is jsut another reason to have vista.

Neil

P.S. I didnt do anything out of the ordinary.

A:Local access only??

Originally Posted by muaddibalonso

Hello everyone,

So I turned on my PC this morning ( vista 64 bit ) and I could not connect to the internet. I hover my mouse over the little internet connection icon in the botom right hand corner and it says local access only. Has anyone else had this problem? Is more information required ( more than likely ) jsut let me know. This is jsut another reason to have vista.

Neil

P.S. I didnt do anything out of the ordinary.

yes, we respect your opinions on vista, unfortunaely we can only help you if your optimistic about fixing the issue, please keep vista bashing to a minimum (you are in VISTA forums).
Now thats cleared up, can you right click the connection icon and go to network and sharing center, and then click on the red x over the network map at the top, it should be where the blue arrow is pointing on the image below.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/213925-local-access-only.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My wireless internet worked without any problems for well over years and shared the connection between different laptops Just recently was unable to make connection when powering up laptop so did the reset by unplugging the power to router and modem and reconnecting The wireless router power light wouldn t come back on so purchased a new router and installed it My laptop picked up access only Local the connection from the router to the modem but there is a Local access only red X showing up Local access only on the map from the modem to the internet I tried to directly connect to the modem using the LAN cord and all that shows up is connection to an unknown network with local access only I tried connecting my sons laptop using the LAN cord and the internet comes up fine Is there some setting that I may have changed on my computer that is preventing me from accessing the internet via the LAN cord If I can get that to work then I m pretty sure I can get the wireless network set up to work again My laptop is an HP and is running Vista nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

okay, I'll try that...

A:Access: Local only?

yeaah it didn't do anything :\ i wonder if there's a way to make my computer only pick up wireless....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-local-only.1001429/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I dont have any experience writing these so im not too sure how they go so sorry in advance for my mistakes I have laptops both running vista home premium and both have been working perfectly until recently I use mobile broadband and this worked fine until i upgraded the hardware to a Local Only Access faster version When i did this i could not connect to the internet on my nd laptop I was getting the message quot local access only Local Access Only quot My other laptop still worked fine on the new dongle so I could live without my nd laptop on my home internet as i primarily use this one for college anyway However i then decided to get a mobile broadband router When i connect this up i can detect the network on both laptops and connect to it but i Local Access Only am now getting the message quot local access only quot on both computers I have spent literally hours of my life on the phone running through every kind of test with my isp and still have gotten nowhere They cannot identify the problem and are telling me that there actually isn't one and can't understand why its not working If anybody could shed any light on the situation it would be greatly appreciated because i'm literally at my wits end

coould you tell us about your netowrk setup. what kind of router, and wifi in the computers. how do you connect to the internet.

in search type cmd then ipconfig. using the built in snipping tool (type snipping in search)to take a screenshot of the results
Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/247860-local-access-only.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I've been searching the internet for about days already and I've found a bunch of topics on this and tried the solutions but none seemed to work I recently had a rogue on my Vista and now the internet won't work It says I'm connected but locally only When I go to the Network center in the Control Panel it says I'm connected to the Only Access Local router when an excellent signal strength but my router isn't connected to the internet I know it's not a firmware or the router now being compatible Local Access Only with Vista because this laptop I'm typing it on is a Vista and it connects fine with the router I've tried resetting the router and that didn't work I've wired and wireless and both come up with the same local access only I've tried the whole command quot netsh quot and winsock reset things I've tried disabling the IPv and that didn't work Local Access Only Nothing seems to be working I have two computers that have this problem an XP desktop and Local Access Only a Vista laptop and it would AWESOME to have it fixed I don't have the format disks for the computers When I bought the computers it didn't come with one and now the store I bought them from is out of business nationally and I'm not sure where to get one I read something about locating the DHCP thing and about how there are rogue servers and stuff I didn't totally understand it but I had a rogue on both computers right before it stopped connecting to the internet so I'm wondering about that If someone could educate me about this that could be awesome

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/239336-local-access-only.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Okay, I give up! I've seen several similar posts to my issue and I've tried just about everything suggested to no avail.

I have Vista Home Premium (32-bit). I've had the same laptop/modem/DSL for over a year and everything worked fine, then about a week ago I started getting the local-access-only message and can no longer connect to the internet.

What I've tried:
1) Taking my laptop to another wireless location - same error.
2) Trying an XP laptop on my home wireless - works just fine.
3) Rebooting in Safe Mode - still doesn't work.
4) Deleting the Network adapter drivers and letting windows reinstall - still doesn't work.
5) Going back to the latest windows update and uninstalling it - still doesn't work.
6) Disabling TCP/IPv6

Any other suggestions? I'm out of ideas and quickly losing my patience!

Have you tried the diagnose and repair option in network and sharing center and resetting your router/network adapter?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/200311-local-access-only.html
Relevancy 45.58%

All right This has been happening as long as I had my computer It s new And it Access: only Local has Vista on it When ever I turn on my computer and everything I get problems when trying to get onto the network Like It will be quot Identifying quot The network for awhile And i ll wait And then I ll connect to it and it will say quot Access Local only quot And I wont have Internet And then i ll renew my IP and restart my Adapter and then restart my computer and then restart my Modem And then after doing all this over and over again I might get internet And some Access: Local only days i ll true on my computer and then I ll have internet and everything will work So let me say this I m on a wireless network NetGear There are other people that are on it too and don t have this problem Also I have the new-est NetGear Router And the new-est NetGear Adapter And they should work together Also my Security is on the highest level WPA-SAK I think thats what it called Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I am having trouble with my wife's Dell laptop. I allows only local access on the wireless network. This happend once last year and I was able to do a safe start then shutdown and it worked on a normal start. It has done it twice this week already. Does any one have any ideas?

All of my other wireless devises are able to get to the internet.

Relevancy 45.58%

My friend, who now does not have a connection to internet with a wired router, has asked me for help. His connection is showing "local access only" . He runs Vista Premium on his desktop and was connected yesterday. Vista updates installed automatically, and after restart he only had " l. a . o. " connection.
He did a system restore but to no avail. Any suggestions for a beginner please.
Mike.

Problem solved. A.O.L. were out of action for about 14 hours.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/197916-local-access-only.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everybody, new to the site.
Here Is My problem, I took a win xp/media center off a domain few months ago. I have not used it since. I booted it up this morning in Admin, No Problem. I put it into a workgroup no problem. when i try to access any program, some local folders and/or control panel I get a message stating
"Windows can't access the specified device, path or folder. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".
Now I can go into safe mode and there is no problem access anything. I can get on the internet ,right click on folders and so on, but once I relog on as admin -full control I can't get on the internet, launch programs, etc.

I really do not want to re-install.
thanks

A:Access To Local Pc

Hey there dirt, welcome to BC!

Try logging into safe mode and creating a new Administrator level account. Than reboot into normal mode and log into the new account. Do things work in the new account or are they the same?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/122182/access-to-local-pc/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi folks,

I just moved into a new apartment where there is already wireless internet set up in my office. I don't actually want/need wireless so I'm trying to connect to the wireless router (Linksys WRT110) via ethernet cable, but am getting "local access only". The other two computers that are connected to this router are connected to the internet and thus are NOT having this problem.

-I can not connect directly to the modem because then everyone else loses their internet access.
-firewall is off.
-ping test doesn't work, I can't ping anything since I can't get online AT ALL.
-I know my cable works; if I connect it to the modem, I can get online.
-I know the router works, because everyone else can get online. I tried to get help from Linksys, but they want $30 for one-time help, which, IMO, is BS.

Please help!

A:Local access only?

One more thing:

This has happened to me before on a couple occasions with a wired connection as well, but has fixed itself after an hour or two each time. My current problem has been going on almost a week now and has yet to self-repair.

HELP!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/273650-local-access-only.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I am experiencing local access only on a gateway laptop.

A:Local Access only

You have no default gateway setup. You need to change your network configuration. Is your internet setup to automatically connect when you connect to the wireless network or do you need to also establish a separate broadband connection?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/284075-local-access-only.html
Relevancy 45.58%

just did a hd format and reinstall of windows vista (hp laptop pavillion DV6000).
Can not get internet connection (cable or WiFi) past "local only"

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/aa0390e4-337b-40fd-b282-5dbcd8660f36/access-local-only?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello mates i was hoping some off you more enlightened folks could help me with my computer issue Local only! Need access help I have a hp dv laptop with vistax So basically i am trying to Local access only! Need help connect to the internet via wireless router I have a netgear router and when i plug it in with the Ethernet cord it works fine but when i try to connect it via wireless first its identifying then it says multiple networks found for about seconds then it switches to unidentified network So basically its connecting half way or something but the blue line doesnt go to my internet and i cant connect my sisters laptop is also in the house and she can connect with no problem also this is my first post on vista forums so if i did not explain clear enough or put enough of my specs up please let me know and also any help is very appreciated thanks again and it says local access only as well Thanks

A:Local access only! Need help

Could you Right Click your Network Icon in the System tray and click Diagnose then post back what the issue is

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/284189-local-access-only-need-help.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have installed a router and have Two computers working on line right now I believe I have created a Network(HayesGroup) between the two computers,the problem is I have no idea how to log on to this Network or what a Network adapter is.The two computers show when I click on View all computers in this work group,but when I click on My wifes it says its unavailable thatI might not have permission to go there??allso"the network path was not found?????I have used the Network wizzard on both computers and it says its installed,How do I get to it??Does it show up like a Program or website in the Computer? How do I install a Network adator if I dont have one?

Relevancy 45.15%

My HP laptop with windows XP OS will not connect to the internet as long as the local network connection is connected, this trend just started recently, the local network is connected to two Toshiba Cash registers for Polling/ price changes.

A:Local Network

Do you connect through a router (and is the other nodes on the network connected to the same router?)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/local-network-666439.html
Relevancy 45.15%

whats the difference between network & local access. my internet says i'm "Currently Connetected to network 6 - Access Local & Internet"
Then it says i can "Connect to a Network & Sharing Center" which i dont. what does alll this mean?
it is an icon on the bottom of my screen.

Relevancy 45.15%

In the last day my computer has disappeared from my local network. i have itunes home sharing and folders i share from this computer but suddenly gone. It is a problem with the firewall because when i turn it off it works right. i DID NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES IN THE FIREWALL AT ALL. someone please help. Running windwows 8.1 64 bit. The only AV i am running is windows defender

A:Local Network

In the Windows Firewall, left pane, did you try to Troubleshoot my network or Restore Defaults.

Also verify in Device Manager if any problems showing up for your Network Adapter and are your drivers up to date.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/47922-local-network.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have two computers that I would like to have FTP between.

One with Windows Vista 64bit
Another with Ubuntu 9.10

What kinds of steps do I need to go through to get files from my Vistas HDD to the Ubuntu's HDD.

A:FTP over local network

Quote: Originally Posted by Focksie

I have two computers that I would like to have FTP between.

One with Windows Vista 64bit
Another with Ubuntu 9.10

What kinds of steps do I need to go through to get files from my Vistas HDD to the Ubuntu's HDD.

The fastest way -- FTPDMIN: Minimal ad-hoc file transfer Windows FTP server Windows 7 will alert you that it's listening on the FTP ports but that's what you want right? Make note of the IP address it's listening on and make sure that's the address on your local network you want.

Then just use your favorite FTP client in Ubuntu...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/89522-ftp-over-local-network.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I cannot join the second party on command and concor 3 when playing on network. I receive a message states "request time out"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-network.782138/
Relevancy 45.15%

I would like to start using a VPN service for better privacy while online However I have read that using a VPN client will block the local area network is this true I use local and VPN network a HTPC with a large RAID array to share media with my other devices and I want to still be able to access my local files via network drives while using VPN to browse the web Is this possible My current setup is the HTPC file server xbox and a workstation PC connected via ethernet to a dd-wrt router The VPN and local network dd-wrt router connects via WiFi to a VPN and local network primary router plugged into the modem The primary router also supplies WiFi to some phones I have WiFi adapters for the computers if that helps but I uninstalled them when I couldn t figure out how to get Windows to separate local file sharing over the faster ethernet and internet over WiFi I m pretty inexperienced at networking but am willing to try anything to make this work Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:VPN and local network

You'll have to do something called "split-tunneling" to access both the internet and LAN.
I don't know what operating system you have, and the steps to do this are different depending on the OS, so here are a few links to help you figure it out (I honestly have next to no experience in this area):
https://kb.meraki.com/knowledge_base/configuring-split-tunnel-client-vpn-on-windows-and-mac-os-x
http://bit.ly/1gfbVFi
http://web.stevens.edu/itwiki/w/index.php/VPN_on_Windows_7_-_Split_Tunneling
http://web.stevens.edu/itwiki/w/index.php/VPN_on_Windows_XP_with_Split_Tunneling

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-and-local-network.1126145/
Relevancy 45.15%

I posted a couple of days ago about my network access dropping from local amp internet to local to Local Fix Network no connection after Local Network Fix recently upgrading to vista I tried every solution othe people have posted on the net but my problem still persisted So last night I reinstalled vista and created a restore point after the st start-up I was able to use the internet without interruption for over hrs Then this morning windows Local Network Fix installed updates After the updates were installed my problem started again I went ahead and restored my computer to the st restore point and now it is working fine My fix to this problem is to not install any updates I know that it is not the proper fix but for anyone as frustrated with vista as i am this is a way to maintain your internet connection I am a newcomer to vista but I found out that this problem has been happening to other for years I can't understand why microsoft wont fix this problem If this post helps anyone else with the same problem please reply with your story

A:Local Network Fix

the problem with not updating vista is it leaves your operating system wide open to attack , thats exactly how conficker spread. An unpatched OS can make your firwall and AV next to useless

why dont you set your updates so they are not automatic , then pick the updates to install , install them one at a time run your pc for a while each time until you find the offending update

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/227799-local-network-fix.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I had been struggling with these errors for several weeks, nothing seemed to correct the problem except rebooting and even that was a temporary fix at best. After reinstalling vista the problem got progressively worse and then an idea came to mind- I pit in an old network card I had laying around and viola no problems since! I have a 680i mb, nvidia chipset with built in network ports. Just a heads up for anyone having network problems with this mb configuration- I don't know how common this issue is but I have solved mine and will be definitely getting an intel chipset on my next upgrade, and maybe a new wig as I pulled out most of my hair figuring this out!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/239439-local-access-no-networks.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I realise this one has been discussed for years I have tried every Local Vista Only and Access solution available in these forums Three days research and I am still no closure to solving the issue I have an Acer Aspire laptop with Vista SP I recently had to change my wireless router to a Netgear N My other linux machine connected OK as did our main Windows pc But the Vista machine is having none of it I can connect using no encryption and using WEP but when I try to use WPA WPA I get the local access only issue Use WEP I hear you say that then causes the same problem on our Vista and Local Access Only main Windows pc which I need for work It also works when I hardwire it to the router I have also updated the driver on the Acer wireless adapater Atheros AR EG So to the solution As stated I have spent about three days solid trawling the web and every entry in this forum to no avail If I cant resolve it I will have to change the operating system on the Vista machine Any help would be much appreciated nbsp