Windows Support Forum

WIFI internet speed varience between devices

Q: WIFI internet speed varience between devices

Hello all. Here is my set up. I have 1.5M internet service coming into my CradlePoint CTR35 wireless router. The two devices I have are my desktop, and an iPad. When doing a speed test at speedtest.net, I find that my desktop running windows 7 gets about 1.45, and my iPad is only pulling 1.36M. I realize that isn't a big deal, but why would there be a varience between the devices? Shouldn't they be able to test out the same?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: WIFI internet speed varience between devices

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: WIFI internet speed varience between devices

The Operating System parameter settings that determine data transfer rates are slightly different on the two machines. Differences between computers on the same LAN are normal.

With many older OS's and probably the one on your iPad these values are permanently set in the registry. They are just general values that will usually give a good data rate. Sometimes these values can be changed to improve the flow.

Starting with Vista and Windows 7, the OS actually monitored the data flow and could change some of the values to improve it.

I have two XP desktops, a Vista desktop and a Vista laptop. All will show slightly different results on speed tests to the same server.

The two XP's have the same values for all their changable settings, but one always tests about 0.04 M higher than the other.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-internet-speed-varience-between-devices.1047697/
Relevancy 73.1%

today when i tryed to watch a youtube video i noticed i couldent play the video on my asus laptop even on 144p (useualy i can play 720p vids easily) i then i tryed with my iphone and then my macbook and it still wil not load i tryed a speed test and got about 0.05 mbps o have done everything in my power to fix it but have run out of ideas.

A:0.05 mbps wifi speed test on all of my devices

Sounds like a router/modem/ISP issue as it is affecting more than one device and not just your Win 8 laptop, might be worth checking the forums for those....

One option is to re-boot the router/modem then the devices....

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29472-0-05-mbps-wifi-speed-test-all-my-devices.html
Relevancy 64.5%

My laptop is experiencing very slow internet speeds and I checked the internet and it is fine, including my other devices are fine and have fast internet. It's just my laptop somehow yesterday it decided to bail on me. I have comcast 25Mbps and speedtest reads speeds of as low as 0.25 which is ridiculously slow It's a HP Pavilion dm4 Beats audio edition. Running Windows 7, Processor: Intel core i5-2450M CPU 2.50GHz, RAM 6GB. 64 bit.

PLEASE HELP

Relevancy 64.07%

Strangest thing happened today A couple of my devices quit working on my wifi I ll start with what wifi, internet Solved: devices not accesses but I have Dell inspiron Desktop Works on wifi and internet iPad works on wifi but doesn t access the internet HP Laptop Accesses Solved: devices accesses wifi, but not internet wifi but no internet HP Printer Accesses wifi router CradlePoint CTR Everything was working fine this morning Sometime today my iPad couldn t access the internet Naturally I figured the internet was down or my modem needed rebooted I rebooted both my modem and my router Still no internet on my iPad Contacted the internet provider and they said the internet is working fine on their end Noticed after that my Desktop is working fine Went back to my iPad and went into the settings and did a quot forget network quot and logged back onto my network Logs in but no internet Tried switching to my quot guest network quot no internet I can log onto my router via my iPad and it is showing internet connection and the clients that are on my network Later on I decided to fire up my work Laptop which was working this morning and it also can access my network but no internet connection I then came back to my desktop and opened my browser and went to my router page On my desktop I get a message Stale DNS Detected Your computer is using a stale IP address for the requested domain Please restart your web browser and or computer to correct this problem This is on the computer that is working On the iPad when I go to my router page I get the log in screen and can navigate in my router fine any suggestions nbsp

A:Solved: devices accesses wifi, but not internet

update: I did a flushdns on my laptop and got it back online. So, I researched how to do that on my iPad and went into General, Reset, Reset Network Settings.....Now on the iPad, I get a message, "can't join network"..even tried removing all security on my network, and it still won't join.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-devices-accesses-wifi-but-not-internet.1128161/
Relevancy 64.07%

This morning i tried to use other devices (another laptop, a cell phone and an ipad) that were working fine before, but now they don't have internet access. The devices can connect to the router, but internet shows "No internet". I was checking if their were getting the info like ip, dns..etc and they had it so have no clue what's going on. The only 2 things that do not have problems is my laptop and a WDTV Media Player.

A:Laptop access internet via wifi but not other devices

Tried restarting the router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371344-laptop-access-internet-via-wifi-but-not-other-devices.html
Relevancy 64.07%

DISCLAIMER This is my first post so I apologize Wifi, Connection no Internet Devices to but Connect for any mistakes I make Hello all Yesterday morning upon waking up I discovered that the Wifi in my house was no longer working It had worked fine Devices Connect to Wifi, but no Internet Connection the day before but stopped working completely overnight At first I thought it might have been Charter Communications My ISP throttling the internet due to our bandwidth My Mom watches a TON of Netflix But the internet works fine with our two home desktops It is the same connection but devices such as my iPhone Nexus iPad iPhone etc are unable to get internet access They are able to connect to the wifi and you are able to see the bars but when trying to connect to the internet you get a network error message To try to fix this problem I ran measurmentlab test for throttling my virus scan McAfee and malwarebytes I was unable to see any noticeable change in my problem I am hoping someone might know what I am doing wrong but I haven't been able to find a thread that has helped me out thus far Thanks for reading Nick

A:Devices Connect to Wifi, but no Internet Connection

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Sorry for the late reply, have you resolved this issue? If not, start of with a Power Cycle if you have not done this yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/350192-devices-connect-wifi-but-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello, I'm seeking assistance to get connected with my pc to the Internet as I need it for work.. All of a sudden it has lost it's connection and when I run windows network diagnostics it reports
" there might be a problem with the driver for the local area connection".

All my wifi devices work as normal.

I have tried several reboots of the router and changed the LAN cables around but no difference.

Any help much appreciated.

Thankyou.

A:No Internet on desk top but all wifi devices work perfect.

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Can you please provide an ipconfig/all output for review by following this Tutorial?

Also, do a snip of your Network Adapters in Device Manager make sure to expand it and post it here please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/307068-no-internet-desk-top-but-all-wifi-devices-work-perfect.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a netgear router(maybe my first problem). My phone and kindle get a great wifi signal but the computer itself has zero signal and cant connect to the internet. Can anyone please help????

A:devices connect to wifi but puter has no internet connection

If the computer is running Windows ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If your only email accounts are free (Hotmail, gmail, etc.) try this direct link. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/devices-connect-to-wifi-but-puter-has-no-internet-connection.1115365/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey there Have been having this problem for a while I'll try to make a long story short I'm on a personal build computer running x chipset Originally installed Windows Have upgraded to and then anniversary devices other working internet wifi loses stop and Desktop (ethernet) addition The problems started once I upgraded to Windows When the computer goes idle for the day leave for work come home later in the day the desktop which is connected via ethernet has lost it's connection and will only come back after Desktop loses internet (ethernet) and other wifi devices stop working a reboot Troubleshooting doesn't work and trying to disable and re-enable the NIC card doesn't work Once the desktop loses its connection every device that is connected via wifi will show that it is connected but will not load anything As soon as I reboot the desktop everything works fine I DO NOT need to reboot the modem or router I have searched over and over and over and have determined it is not a modem problem comcast eMTA in bridge mode or a router problem Asus RT-AC P so it must be a driver problem for my NIC card I cannot for the life of me find a Marvell Yukon E windows supported driver to see if that is the issue Maybe there are settings in the NIC card properties I need to change Any help would be appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/59729-desktop-loses-internet-ethernet-other-wifi-devices-stop-working.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I wanted to share my ethernet internet connection over wifi so I have created a wifi hotspot on my laptop using "NETSH" commands in cmd prompt.
I have enabled sharing of ethernet connection by going to ethernet properties>>sharing>>check box (Allow other network users to connect through this computer) but the internet is not being shared.
I have configured other devices with static IPs. Gateway and subnet mask is also correct. I am also using different IPs of the same subnet.
Everything was working fine until perhaps I tried installing Connectify software, I uninstalled it later.
Kindly help to troubleshoot the issue.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a5e51743-cbea-45dd-a757-6b7593f5bc8b/created-a-wifi-hotspot-on-my-laptop-the-devices-are-connecting-but-with-no-internet-access?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I need help with this network problem There is computers and smartphones in my house all of them have - mbits internet speed except my PC I have tried many things like Restart modem router Boot my pc in safe mode Scanned for virus or malware ipconfig flushdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew netsh winsock Slow pc wifi speed on only internet my from reset catalog netsh int ip reset reset log uninstalling reinstalling the driver Format my pc I cant use ethernet because my cable is not long enough But nothing Slow internet speed from wifi only on my pc seems to help at all I have even tried to switch Slow internet speed from wifi only on my pc the wireless adapter with my brother but that didn t help either So can someone please help guide me through this Because I cant play my games or stream youtube hell even web browsing takes forever to load now My spec i k ghz GB RAM AMD R x Radeon gb ASUS P Z -v LX Motherboard ASUS PCE N n Wireless LAN PCI-E Card Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello I have a high-speed Internet connection at home The main computer is connected through an Ethernet cable off a cable-modem and both the download and upload speeds are excellent just as the ISP claims it to be Then the afore-mentioned cable-modem is linked to my Mbps TP-Link WR ND router so that I can get Wi-Fi on my iPhone Internet WiFi Speed Home I have been running several Internet speed Home WiFi Internet Speed tests and the download speed just won't go any higher than Mbps Upload speed is perfectly fine Gone through some tutorials and then all the settings on the router and everything is fine Plus the iPhone is designed for Wi-Fi ultra-high speeds well over Mbps Am I missing something How come I cannot get any more speed When I do the tests the phone Home WiFi Internet Speed is just centimetres away from the router so there's no walls objects or anything that may slow things down by over as it is the case What can I do Is there any possibilities of getting at least of the maximum speed

A:Home WiFi Internet Speed

This really isn't a Windows 8 issue , you will need to ask in the TP-Link support area/forums to see how you can change your wifi channels etc to maximise your throughput.

I can say that under normal use you will never get 300 Mbs using wifi , the network overheads and more will reduce that to 180-200Mbs maximum , 300 is a very idealised figure.

As for iPhone 5 , I do remember there were issues with wifi speeds , binarytoad details the issue here iPhone 5 Slow Wifi Fix (workaround) - YouTube

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30901-home-wifi-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Guys at the forum here are the specs of my home wifi connection Main desktop PC Core Duo GHz GB RAM running Win XP SP Old Dell Latitude C Win XP SP MHz MB RAM The Dell is using a PCMCIA WiFi card given by a friend in the office It is a Linksys Wireless G notebook adapter supporting b g the Main PC has a Gigabyte GN-A G Access Point connected via a network cable The Problem below 800Kbps! WiFi Internet Sharing & speed both connect smoothly and there is nobody who uses a pc in our area so wifi has no security there is no rd party involved but i copy files over network and all i get is speed less than Mb the range WiFi speed below 800Kbps! & Internet Sharing of the two PCs are merely feet and the connection is quot G quot I have everything in default but nothing works to speed up Also i tried with my dad s HP Compaq nx and the speed rose up to Mbps That is the maximum achieved Problem The Dell Pc has a dial up connection and i used the sharing feature to share it through the network and it goes good But the desktop PC doesn t access the internet It just stays connected Also have to mention I m using ZoneAlarm Free Firewall I also have given the device to trusted But still I can t seem to access the internet from the main PC little stuck up in there My main problem is on Question it is ok if is not answered Thanks to all who reply Regards Timothy nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

My Sony Vaio laptop is experiencing slow internet speed even though the signal level shows as excellent. This is only when using it upstairs, where it is normally used. In the same room as the router it is fine. This has only just starting happening and it was OK anywhere in the house until a couple of days ago. To make it even more confusing my wife's notebook and my iphone work fine on the network in the bedroom. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 61.06%

Hello hope someone can help me, my brother is currently serving abroad with the military and is fortunate enough to be on a base that has wifi access. Trouble is there is that many people using it he is only able to load msn home page during his off time.

He always has full signal strenghth and has and acer aspire (not sure of the model at the minute) with a built in wifi card. His only problem is it is so slow and will time out rather than open anything other than the home page.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

A:Help with boosting internet speed via a wifi hotspot

I doubt he can increase it If there is limited bandwidth and soo many people are using it, then it will likely go slow
Suggest to him he should go on when theres not many people browsing etc., Night?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-boosting-internet-speed-via-a-wifi-hotspot.656557/
Relevancy 60.63%

problem as above - every couple of weeks or so my internet slows to a snails pace, it usually lasts for 3 or 4 days then its back on full speed again, really cant figure this one out!

Ive released ip and flushed dns!

my ping is always around 10ms and my upload is always around 4mb which are both quite stable, but its my download speed what bothers me 0.1mbs at its slowest and 60mbs when its running good

what should I do next?

A:recurring loss of internet wifi and ethernet speed

Just tried safemode with networking - still crap!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342171-recurring-loss-internet-wifi-ethernet-speed.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I am using belkin N300 router, My bro wastes time too much time/net on youtube,
So i wanted to limit the internet speed through wifi modem setting, but i couldn't find any setting for that.
can any 1 who knows or owns this modem can tell me how to?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-belkin-n300-wifi-internet-speed-limit.1132284/
Relevancy 60.63%

I connect problem speed slow - internet download Wifi my PC to my router using a wifi dongle I wish I could use Ethernet but it's just not practical My router is a D-Link Wireless AC my dongle is an Asus USB-AC They connect strongly usually at Mbps My incoming internet connection is passed through from the modem to the router The modem isn't broadcasting a Wifi signal My internet is a fibre connection provided by talktalk When testing with Speedtest my iPad mobile phone Macbook and other devices typically see down speeds of - Mbps and Wifi internet problem - download speed slow up speeds of - Mbps which is roughly what they should I mean I'm paying for Mbps but whatever My PC will occasionally get the same but very often the download is erratic and slow something like - Mbps and I don't know how to rectify it The upload isn't a problem so what I'm usually getting is Wifi internet problem - download speed slow an up speed that's - x Wifi internet problem - download speed slow my down speed The problem doesn't seem to be with the router or modem given that my other devices are getting good speeds and it doesn't help to troubleshoot through Windows because as far as my PC's concerned it's getting an internet connection it doesn't care about the speed so it doesn't suggest any solution I have tried various combinations of restarting the computer unplugging the dongle restarting AND unplugging and every once in a while after being plugged back in it starts to reach the - Mbps range but there's no consistency to it And I'm scared to turn the computer off because if I do it'll probably lose the speed again but I don't want to have to keep the damn thing on all the time I use Kaspersky Internet Security which is a recent purchase but I don't think that's the issue because I've occasionally been able to see the higher speeds while using it Do you have any ideas of what I can do to figure this out and get my PC to reliably see the down speeds it should Below is my ipconfig and Xirrus info Quote Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mike-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List lan Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description ASUS USB-AC ac Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - C- A- -CD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe af b f ea Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained March Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - D-C - D-C -D -F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address C - - -DE-F -CD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

Relevancy 60.63%

I have upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After the installation the internet speed is slow down like a dial in connection (it is slow down if I am using wifi connection and it is fine if I am using a cable/wired connection). It is taking long time to load the web page (like google, gmail etc) and it is not streaming any video from youtube/netflix. I spend one day for fixing this issue but don't know how to fix this.
Please help me to how to fix this issue ( increase the internet speed using wifi connection)? or how I will revert back to Windows 8.1?

Thanks
Selvakumar

A:WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi All,
The slow internet connectivity using through the wifi is resolved. I update all the device software from the device manager (especially network card - Realtek) and after that I am able stream the video and it is fast now.

Thanks
Selvakumar R

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/14656-wifi-internet-speed-slow-down-after-upgrading-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

So just this past weekend I re-installed Windows 8.1 on my dad's ASUS Notebook (K55N), but now its WiFi internet speed is a good ~25% slower vs wired directly to the router (Linksys E4200), that was definitely not the case prior to the fresh install. I did run Windows Update just after the install just to make sure it downloaded the latest driver for the WiFi Network Adapter (it did download one).

Power Plan is set to High Performance.

I really have no idea what's going on, my dad has another laptop, and there, its internet speed is exactly the same Wireless vs Wired.

I really need your help here, thanks.

ASUS K55N: Notebooks & Ultrabooks - K55N - ASUS

A:ASUS Notebook WiFi internet speed slower vs wired

Sometimes the Windows update drivers make things worse. Did you try the ASUS drivers? Notebooks & Ultrabooks - K55N - ASUS

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47933-asus-notebook-wifi-internet-speed-slower-vs-wired.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My network is like this G router connected on LAN of TP-Link Wireless router G router TP-Link Wifi Wifi Disabled Wifi Enabled DHCP ON DHCP OFF I am transfer laptops between Wifi internet slower over File than speed using TP-Link because i needed more LAN ports as G router is having only one Now I have laptops connected to TP-Link wireless router I am getting same bandwidth of around Mbps from my G internet connection that is download upload speed of around KBps wether the USB is connected directly to laptop or to the G router But if I transfer between shared folders on my laptops speed that i get is never File transfer over Wifi between laptops slower than internet speed more than KBps that is around Kbps I have cjhecked with Inssider there File transfer over Wifi between laptops slower than internet speed is no signal interference by any other wifi nearby Also i have tested using open security of wifi tried changing between bit amp - bit encryption sharing setting on both systems amp disabled all antivirus amp firewall on both There is no change in speed Wifi is in the same room no more the meters away mode is N and MHz bandwidth setting I can't understand how the speed i get from my internet connection is faster than my local laptops Also the specified bandwidth is Mbs that is MBps and i don't even get File transfer over Wifi between laptops slower than internet speed MBps

A:File transfer over Wifi between laptops slower than internet speed

Welcome to Seven Forums,

I'd try fiddling with the router's wireless mode setting - usually on Mixed mode. Experiment - Set it to N (if available) or G/N or G. You may also fiddle with your Wi-Fi adapter's setting if available.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/347508-file-transfer-over-wifi-between-laptops-slower-than-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 59.77%

i have Lenovo thinkpad e531 x64 win 8

I just got new speed internet and when I connect my computer using ethernet it's signifiantly slower than wireless on the same laptop.

On my other laptop the wired produces very fast results (faster than wifi) so the problem is my laptopr's ethernet connection.

what can i do?

My ISP provider came with his working laptop, pluging in my ethernet cable in his laptop and the internet speed it was 300mb/s.
and on my laptop is 17 mb/s....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383335-wired-internet-speed-much-slower-then-wifi-lenovo-thinkpad.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have been unable to connect to anything on my wired network for about the last week I don't remember making any changes however I just became unable to connect I having done a little troubleshooting I can connect to Wifi to Connect Wired Devices Can't Devices the shares of my Windows Home Server if I use the IP address The name does not resolve Flushed DNS and restarting DNS server Flushing DNS works on one client to allow Can't Connect Wifi Devices to Wired Devices browsing by the name amp restarting DNS works on the other However neither works after a restart Only my Wifi clients are experiencing this issue My wired clients desktops PS Xbox and Boxee can connect perfectly This issue is not limited to my server I can't connect to shares on my desktop nor print to my wired printer Some network background I have DSL through CenturyLink and have a Linksys E router Sent a test page from one laptop to the printer at pm it finally printed at pm

A:Can't Connect Wifi Devices to Wired Devices

What security software do you have on your wireless machine? Is it part of the same workgroup as the rest of your machines?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/171446-cant-connect-wifi-devices-wired-devices.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all I have a rather perplexing problem with internet access from my laptop Win Home Premium Avast Free My property is a large building with thick granite walls so I ve added hard-wired wireless access points recycled old routers and a TP-Link WAP in various on access" devices internet laptop, Wifi OK "No other locations back to the main router BT Homehub served by up-to Mbps BT broadband service I Wifi "No internet access" on laptop, other devices OK typically get Mbps - no fibre-broadband available here Wifi "No internet access" on laptop, other devices OK Just Wifi "No internet access" on laptop, other devices OK to complicate things a little more this is a holiday property with other families staying so bandwidth use is a little difficult to control Mostly everyone has been fine my Android phone my Nexus tablet and my wife s iPad plus other visitors various devices all connect via wifi from any of the access points Everyone had problems this morning but I think BT may have been doing something with the exchange overnight so I m going to assume for now it s just my laptop that s having problems OK the laptop will connect to any access point including the main router but generally states quot No internet access quot from there I say quot generally quot because it has done on past visits to the property and sometimes connects briefly - usually if I reset disconnect or unplug something Also I CAN connect the laptop via Ethernet from any point Can someone outline a process I can try to identify and fix the laptop please If problems recur with other kit I may need help with my local network too Thanks Nick nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 54.18%

EDIT Moved to Am I Infected boopmeHello hope that somebody can help me because I have a problem that make me crazy I pay for mega download speed max in my country and normally it s working with Ethernet and wifi at - mega real download speedthen days a go I have make speed-tests and with Ethernet is working in my Toshiba Satellite and the Mac-book Pro like ever at mega but in wifi with the Toshiba Satellite at mega and with the mac-book only at mega download speed have change channel from to and not are changing nothingalso I have downloaded MetaGeek inSSIDer so that I can see in real time what channels are occupied in my zone and if there is with speed speed ethernet good bad wifi a confusion overlap so I chose channel and was the only user but nothing was changing so I have ask Telecom for a modem router change because the last time with this problem I have resolve ok I install new modem-router and now the mac book goes in ethernet and wifi at - mega download speed but my Toshiba satellite goes in ethernet at and in wifi at mega download speed so I have resolved in part but not for the satelliteso I have make complete clean work on disks scan antivirus and it s clean ore maybe not I have download a program called Spyding that have find quot Trojan Win Agent bhk quot Path quot C windows System nhelper exe quot but in some forum I have see that nhelper exe is ok and when I test it with my antivirus he say that nhelper exe is clean When I has click to remouve the trojan in Spyding they aske for payment so I think maybe it bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed is a false allarm after I have download and install new drivers and firmware for my wireless card and have also change settings but no way for have more than mega download speed with wifi but with ethernet it is working normal at - mega - can some body help me please before I put my laptop out of the balcony - bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

A:bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452964/bad-wifi-speed-with-good-ethernet-speed/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,
I have my playstation3 connected to my internet via Wifi, I am downloading a game. But i need to know at what speed is it downloading.
The router is connected to my pc via Lan, Is there anything i can do to track the speed sent to all the devices conected over Wifi and Lan?
Should i connect playstation3 over LAN for better speed??
Router information:
beetel 450-tc1
Thankyou

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-track-speed-sent-to-various-devices.1084947/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi my pc is having wifi issues It is loading webpages very slow and will say limited when looking at the network it is connected to If I disconnect and reconnect to the network it will say connected and then - other Wifi devices PC for ok Wifi / "Limited" Slow mins later will be limited again and or slow I thought PC Wifi Slow / "Limited" Wifi ok for other devices at first it was my wireless card as both my phone and laptop connect to the wifi internet speed and connection is fine in the same area I replaced the wireless card in the PC with a wireless usb stick to connect to the wifi but the problem is exactly the same Does anyone know what is happening here or how to fix it Tried the following but cant find a fix its not a driver issue as ive reinstalled PC Wifi Slow / "Limited" Wifi ok for other devices drivers installed completely new wireless adapter and still same issues if i reduce connections to the router the issue persists the router is running on a channel no other routers are running on if i run speedtest net on the pc which is have issues the speed is slower than if i run on laptop or phone Thanks a lot

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/pc-wifi-slow-quotlimitedquot-wifi-ok-other-devices-4604181/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,
I'll try my best English to describe the problem (i'm Dutch).
Recently i bought a router/acces point for my new appartment, model linksys wap300n.
Router installed, changed network name and gave it a password (did this with the CD that came with the router). Both my laptop and phone (apple) can find the wifi network, works perfect.
The actual problem is my roommate can't find the network on his laptop (windows 10), but can on his phone (apple) when the network name is changed or given a password. I tried resetting the router, then he can find the network, but as soon as the network name is changed/is given a password he can't anymore. Tried changing the network name/password on his laptop, works, but then his laptop can't find the network anymore.
Searched the internet for answers to my problem, without results.
Anyone who knows how to solve this?
Thanks in advance!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/pc-cant-find-wifi-while-other-devices-can-4609558/
Relevancy 50.31%

My laptop won't connect to my wifi. No idea why. I've restarted it, the router and the modem but it didnt help. Thing is it says that it can pick up signal on my wifi but it won't connect. The desktop computer works fine and mom's Nook connects to wifi and works fine, it's just my laptop not working. I've also tried connecting it directly to the modem and it still won't connect. Help?

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi i will attempt to supply any info that is requested This is my problem My internet wifi was working fine now it doesn t I recently started having issues but when my working but others Wifi on devices some not landlord restarted the router it was fixed The issue continued to happen and he replaced the router but the problem still persists The internet works for my roommate and my landlord The reason I am not giving computer specs is because the internet doesn t work on my iPod either Basically the internet works for everyone in my house and on my iPhone but it doesn t not work for my laptop or my iPod or when my friends come over with there computers It says I am connected but I have the little yellow triangle It says ipv no internet access and ipv no network access I tried all sorts of fixes but since it does not work on my iPod or my friends laptop the issue is bigger than my laptop Why would if only work on some devices Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you I really need internet access on my laptop for school nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Sorry if I sound like a complete novice because I am one but the problem basically presents itself I have a Dell Inspiron with Windows Vista don t ask me why which is connected to the internet via an ethernet port because I live in a college dorm So I tried to convert this into a wifi for my Samsung phone and tablet androids by making it into an adhoc connection but they didnt register it After much Google-ing I realised that androids don t support ad-hoc connections I even tried installing Connectify But once again it created an ad-hoc connection as my laptop is Vista which is incompatible I also read all WiFi Non Devices? Ad-hoc for Android this stuff about rooting your phone etc which basically scared the hell out of me because I don t want to damage my devices and I m afraid I might just if I mess it up They work absolutely fine otherwise So basically my question is is there ANY way an app a software no configuration required please in which I can connect an android device to an Ethernet internet connection via Vista Thanks in advance Especially to those who can explain in easy language Complete NOVICE nbsp

A:Non Ad-hoc WiFi for Android Devices?

Your school may be using strict MAC address allocation (one student...one machine).

Speak to the school's IT about this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/non-ad-hoc-wifi-for-android-devices.1024880/
Relevancy 50.31%

As the title indicates, this laptop in particular is receiving really slow internet even though the signal strength is at maximum.

I've made sure that the Network Adapters are up to date ( Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260, version 18.40.4), but it didn't seem to fix the problem.

I don't really know how to go about the problem except by updating the drivers, so I have no clue what information/data to give out.

A:Slow Wi-Fi speed on Laptop, normal on other devices

First of all, which band are you using?? the 2.4GHz or the 5GHz??
Do you have DHCP active or a static IP for the wireless card? DHCP is usually active by default.
Have you made a speed test yet on either band?? please post results.

you sure have the latest driver but it does not mean they are the best...

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/56567-slow-wi-fi-speed-laptop-normal-other-devices.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am using Windows XP HomeEdition Version Service Pack AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor slow on problems devices and Multiple different speed GHz GB of Ram Firefox version We have noticed recently slow speed on our PC Cell phones laptop all connected to our wifi On Multiple problems and slow speed on different devices this pc we have a search site called mysearchresults com show up whenever we open a new tab There also an ASK com search bar and a search bar that has the icon of the mysearchresults com site Occasionally we get a small window pop up in the lower right corner where the taskbar is that will play a video commercial This is also new within that last few months these two things have started We notice alot more pop ups while on you tube the video is jumpy while trying to scroll to the bottom of the page When you go to click on a link it seems to move forcing you to click on a pop up I tested at speedtest net and got a ping of download speed of and upload of I've been noticing a lot of issues im not sure what you call it it says it cannot find where I wanted to go and leaves me at a search bar that says its powered by Bing http us search yahoo com handler src toolbar amp fr slv -tyc amp type amp url http A F Fwww google com F Mostly though we get Server not found Firefox can't find the server at att yahoo com Check the address for typing errors such as ww example com instead of www example com If you are unable to load any pages check your computer's network connection If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web I AVG Anti-Virus Free SAS and MBAM and they have all been updated as of today and have been ran and found verious items My sons laptop has something the guys at Best Buy calles Sweet Packs I don't know if that's on here as well but I was hoping for some assistance Thank you

A:Multiple problems and slow speed on different devices

One computer per topic please.  Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501326/multiple-problems-and-slow-speed-on-different-devices/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a custom built PC running windows 7 home premium, an i5 2500k, and 16gb of 1600mhz RAM, and I'm occasionally experiencing lag while watching Youtube videos in firefox. I scan regularly for viruses with malwarebytes and superantispyware, so i know thats not the problem, I run ccleaner about once a month thus keeping browser bloat to a minimum. But we do have 4 devices that are connected to the wifi, 3 phones and an ipod touch. Can these devices slow the network even if they are not being used?

A:Do inactive devices slow network speed

Quote: Originally Posted by geekman2

I have a custom built PC running windows 7 home premium, an i5 2500k, and 16gb of 1600mhz RAM, and I'm occasionally experiencing lag while watching Youtube videos in firefox. I scan regularly for viruses with malwarebytes and superantispyware, so i know thats not the problem, I run ccleaner about once a month thus keeping browser bloat to a minimum. But we do have 4 devices that are connected to the wifi, 3 phones and an ipod touch. Can these devices slow the network even if they are not being used?

Of course they can, as can garage door openers, microwaves, etc.

Whats the network setup? Is the slow down from machine to machine when transferring files, or is it on t he internet?

What is you ISP supposed to be giving you?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/213862-do-inactive-devices-slow-network-speed.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have seen a few printers that have USB and Wifi connections, I have also seen a small point and shoot digital camera that transfered it's pictures via wifi instead of bluetooth. Is bluetooth being phased out? Does this mean bluetooth is dieing? I know that wifi has a higher data transfer rate so it's more convenient but I can't imaging a wifi mouse or a wifi earphone.

A:Some devices are usinf Wifi instead of bluetooth

Bluetooth isn't dying, but is becoming something more integrated. Some speculate that cars will use it instead of internal cabling (bad idea if you ask me).
This article
another article

But wifi is better for some applications, as it allows the device to get inside a network and communicate with any device inside that network (so it's why wifi is pretty prevalent in printers along the Ethernet interface), while bluetooth is usually used for a temporary very-short-range connection between two devices. So you get bluetooth operated smart locks, sensors and other stuff that would make no sense to put on Wifi.

Quote:
I can't imaging a wifi mouse or a wifi earphone

Why not? They are just different data transfer protocols over radio waves.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/294041-some-devices-usinf-wifi-instead-bluetooth.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I recently decided it would be cool to be able to see a list of all the devices that are connected to my wireless internet Problem is I cannot for the life of me figure out how I've read that most routers modems have a way of showing you this but a my devices Viewing wifi network my on modem is really old and I don't know if it supports this and b I think the modem has a way to attach a special router to it but I have a completely separate router connected to it So while wifi works fine all the Viewing devices on my wifi network wireless setting on the modem are greyed out because it doesn't think I have any routers attached to it So maybe there's a way to view it under those settings and I can't because it's all greyed out My modem is an Actiontec M and I'm not really sure what the router is If someone can tell me how to see devices AND THEIR NAMES not just IP MAC addresses from that router that'd be great But what I'm really looking for is a program I can run on my computer to show me all the devices I've tried net view in cmd but that only gives me computers on the network and not devices like iPhones or iPod Touches I know McAfee Security Center has a Network View or something that does a pretty good job of at least showing all the IP addresses but a I'm trying out some different free AV Firewalls since McAfee is too resource-heavy and that's not at my disposal at the moment b it only shows IP address not device names very important to me and c I really want a standalone program to do this with Any help would be great Programs for Vista or are what I need not XP I say that because I did find one that might potentially work called SuperScan but it only works on XP Thanks

A:Viewing devices on my wifi network

Edit: I found Wireless Network Watcher - Show who is connected to your wireless network and it's almost what I'm looking for. Simple, small, no hassle. But it still doesn't show the device names of things like my iPod.

I'm fairly certain that it should be possible to see its name because a while back, my school sent out warnings to everyone that was connecting to their wifi saying that we had to stop because almost all the students were using it and it couldn't handle all that traffic. (A little while later they got smart and put a password on it) But I asked one of the people in charge how they knew who was on it, and they told me that most of the devices (including my iPod) had a device name that somehow identified the owner (In my case my iPod's device name was my full name so that was pretty obvious). So I'm sure there's got to be a way that I can see that info on my home network as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/293524-viewing-devices-my-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 49.88%

The laptop is only weeks old purchased with Windows and upgraded to Windows nbsp Wifi was working perfectly until hours ago when it kept losing connection and went from to bar nbsp Other wifi devices had only when on 10 Pavilion Windows bar HP wifi 1 devices... other normal HP Pavilion Windows 10 only 1 bar on wifi when other devices... signal strength nbsp I tried again today even comparing with a near identical laptop which is on a fresh install of Windows and could show more wifi services than my own one with both placed side by side within a few metres of the router nbsp I googled around and tried setting the power plan setting to max performance on battery nbsp It made no difference nbsp There HP Pavilion Windows 10 only 1 bar on wifi when other devices... was no difference on battery power or plugged in nbsp I tried HP Support Assistance to restore the driver which was V before and still V after nbsp nbsp I then tried HP Support Assistant and Windows Update to find any updates nbsp There were none nbsp I then came to the support pages for the device and saw updates dated th October nbsp Puzzled why HP Support Assistant hadn't found them I used the hp support pages to check for updates nbsp This downloaded a new version of HP Support Assistant and this successfully downloaded a number of updates include Wireless driver updates v nbsp nbsp I still only have bar most of the time though it goes up and down a lot peaking at on battery power nbsp I have reset the power plan settings to default and there is no difference nbsp Still other devices around me have more signal strength than this nbsp So what exactly is going on is there a fault on the wireless nbsp If I dare venture out with the laptop will others get wifi signal and I will not nbsp Or is the driver so clever at power saving that it can increase the power as needed so I can always get wireless nbsp If that is the case how come it is still not listing as many wifi services around me as the other laptop

A:HP Pavilion Windows 10 only 1 bar on wifi when other devices...

milidnPuri  after the update which have drivers installed? Intel WLAN driver and not more? Install first the Intel® Chipset Device Software  setupchipset.exe   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-Windows-10-only-1-bar-on-wifi-when-other-devices/td-p/5290572
Relevancy 49.88%

My computer will connect to my Wifi, but my scanner and phone will not. I see my network on the list on both devices, but nothing happens when I try to connect. I've tried restarting everything, including the modem, to no avail. Got any suggestions?

A:Computer connecting to Wifi, but no other devices

WHats the make and model number of the router? What type of encryption are you using on the WiFi? WPA, WPA2, WES? try disabling the encryption and then try to connect the other devices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-connecting-to-wifi-but-no-other-devices.1101366/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all,
There is a virus in my laptop and all the other devices connected in the wifi at my home. When anyone open a webpage in any device, the page redirects to "Some trade exchage site and than to facebook". These days it also shows a warning in all mobile phones that there is a virus in your phone and prevent to do anything else.
If i connect any new device to the wifi the virus spreads. Now i don't want to reset all my devices( there are 7-8) including my laptop, phones, tab etc. Any solution to this?
Also the virus in my laptop opens a new tab too( with this type of link, "http://ad-type.google.com/rot.aspx?partner=766657&f=popup-u") in the browser when it click anywhere on any website.

A:Virus In all of my devices and spread through wifi

That sounds like your router DNS settings have been changed to use a compromised/malware server
It is extremely unlikely that all your devices are infected by the symptoms you are saying
I have moved this to Networking so the experts there can talk you through how to rest to correct DNS in the router
What make and model router do you have

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-in-all-of-my-devices-and-spread-through-wifi.1154157/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have tried putting in the password for my wifi but it refuses to work it keeps saying that it is the wrong one and i have tried it on my computer and phone they say the same thing. I have tried using the Ethernet cable that has been working but i tried getting on 192.168.1.1 but it will not load. I have even tried using the command "ipconfig" code that it gave me and that website would not load either.

Are there any other alternatives ?

Relevancy 49.88%

I m sure you guys have heard this are is faster. Wifi slow, devices a All little LAN before so I apologize In University the Wifi on my iPod is exceptionally All Wifi devices are slow, LAN is a little faster. fast At home I can t even load a Youtube video music no video without having to give it about minutes to let it buffer half way through and the same thing on my Android phone My Laptop is also on the network but it is no where near as slow I noticed the internet isn t as slow as Youtube is so I guess it is just mainly streaming media that is slow I have the D-Link DIR- I don t want to reset it as it took me ages to get my printer set up on the network but if there are no solutions I might have to As I am typing the video has buffered of the way there I type WPM so give it two minutes http www youtube com watch v aWmkuH k uA amp feature relmfu I ve noticed my internet has been getting gradually slower but I am absolutely stumped on why I am out in the country so my Internet is not wired It is Radio Internet which is the next best thing The quot satellite quot has full connection to the tower firing the waves as it is only about KM from my house with little disruption along the way Do you have any idea why my Wifi is slow Why my internet has been gradually slower Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Basically, what's happened is that after transferring my old PC's data onto my new one, and putting that one in place of my old one, therefore hooking up my modem to it, my wireless devices have been having trouble connecting to the router. Everything's hooked up fine, and it was working perfectly before, but now my devices such as my laptop and Droid Pro can SEE the router (As in connect to it and say that they are getting excellent signal strength), but when I try to open my browser, it asks as if I'm not connected to anything at all. The PC that's wired to the modem through the router works fine, however.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I am experiencing a problem with my Windows Laptop connecting to the local network through wireless Here is what I have tested know When I use the W laptop and try to connect via WiFi to my home router with Windows all Wifi connect other but 8.1 No devices I can either never connect of the time or the connection is very slow and drops after a short time of the time Problem has been apparent for a month or so but seems to be getting worse If I set up my G phone as a WiFi Access Point I can connect to internet via W Laptop without problem If I connect the laptop via a cable to my home router there is also no problem The problem seems worse when I am on battery power but also exists when plugged in but I cannot confirm this just something I have noticed There is an Android phone No Wifi with Windows 8.1 but all other devices connect iPhone Nexus Kindle and a Windows laptop on it now in the house all able to connect fine via WiFi to my home router The problem exists even if I disable all above devices I can check my router and see no devices are connected via wireless I have used a WiFi Scanner to confirm there is no other network using the same channel On the W Laptop I have tried to forget the network and reAdd it I have also run ipconfig renew but nothing is No Wifi with Windows 8.1 but all other devices connect able to get me back I noticed that in available Network connections when I reboot the Laptop I sometimes see listed along with my Wifi a connection called 'Hidden Network' but No Wifi with Windows 8.1 but all other devices connect I don't know what that is The W laptop is an Acer Aspire V bit The router is a Sky Hub Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing the issue Thanks in advance Mike

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67104-no-wifi-windows-8-1-but-all-other-devices-connect.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I hope that this is the correct location to post this issue Connect to on Wifi Unable to Devices All and that this request for assistance finds you in good Unable to Connect to Wifi on All Devices health The core issue in my home is that I cannot connect to the WiFi router an all-in-one modem Unable to Connect to Wifi on All Devices router provided by my ISP The brand is Arris if that helps ascertain what I m talking about Now I run an Ethernet cord from the router to my computer the computer works just fine As of a day ago though none of the home s Apple devices will connect to the network despite reboots password retypes and shouting at them Each device two phones and an ipad can identify my network but they cannot join Additionally there is an old laptop that cannot connect anymore Here s the wrinkle as near as I can see it The Nexus connects just fine via the WiFi and it has not needed to reboot or to have the password retyped The aforementioned devices have suddenly stopped working and despite searching these and other forums my Google-fu has not yielded any answer to this particular question AFAIK I have seen others post this information so though I m not sure it s relevant I ll provide it just in case Thank you for your time and attention in this matter whatever you feel that you can and have spared Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ghidra Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd tn comcast net Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address D -A - E- -FE-EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tn comcast net Description Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address D - - - - B- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d bdc e c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -AE- A-C - C- - E- B- C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tn comcast net Description Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address C - C- - E- B- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fb c e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -AE- A-C - C- - E- B- C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C BA - - CAE-AC - F F B F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c c bbca d dc Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c c bbca d dc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap hsd tn comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tn comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I'm thinking of buying a wireless router for my son who has a laptop but he ALWAYS downloads huge files (games or whatever he does) when he uses my computer so is there a way to limit the bandwidth he gets when he connects to the router through his laptop?

A:Is it possible to limit the connection speed of devices connected to a router?

Look for a wireless router with traffic shaping and QoS. From my search, a Billion 7400 has traffic shaping. Also, the Actiontec MI424WR has it as well. Here's the shot from the Actiontec configuration pages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-possible-to-limit-the-connection-speed-of-devices-connected-to-a-router.693301/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello new to the forum and relatively devices can. One to Other laptop network. cannot connect WIFI tech-newb One laptop cannot connect to WIFI network. Other devices can. I got a new DSL connection in my apartment today Router was set up fine and most devices are working my iPhone my friend's laptop and my old laptop However I can't seem to connect to WIFI with my primary laptop Windows One laptop cannot connect to WIFI network. Other devices can. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the network drivers I tried turning off the router and turning on again I also tried resetting the TCP IP stack with netsh int ip reset c resetlog txt and restarting Not entirely sure what that does but I read it somewhere No improvement I can provide two ipconfig logs The first one is from my old laptop which is successfully connected to the WIFI network --- Microsoft Windows XP Version copy Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Lenovo gt ipconfig allWindows IP Configuration Host Name Paudical Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List localdomainEthernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel reg PRO PL Network Connection Physical Address - - - B- F-DDEthernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description TAP-Win Adapter V Physical Address -FF- -DF-D -BFEthernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix localdomain Description a b g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapter Physical Address - -CF- C-F - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October C Documents and Settings Lenovo gt ---- The second is from my primary laptop which will not connect --- Microsoft Windows Version Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Intel gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Intel-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - - - -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d ab a d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C- - - - - - - -B - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Windows Adapter V Physical Address -FF-BF-F -DB- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address BC-EE- B- A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FE - E - CE- - A B CB C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BC B -DBAA- EB - D- D EFB D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Intel gt --- I can see that there is differences there with the IP address etc I'm just not sure what to do with that informati... Read more

A:One laptop cannot connect to WIFI network. Other devices can.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593594/one-laptop-cannot-connect-to-wifi-network-other-devices-can/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

I have a problem installing WiFi devices on my laptop. When I install the drivers the laptop just freeze and I need to swich off. When I swicht back on the device has a yellow exclamation mark in the device manager.

The laptop is a Compaq evo 1020 with XP pro sp2
I have tried with a Neatgear WG511v2 54 Mbps Wireless PC Card 32-bit CardBus 802.11g
and also a Belkin 54 Mbps USB 802.11g.

So both usb and pc card freeze but if I do a wire connection from the router on the ethernet port there is no problem at all.

I have also reinstalled windows in case something was corrupted ...but no result.

Would someone have any idea ?

Cheers
Francois

A:WiFi devices freeze pc when installing driver

What did you install in addition to Windows? Or was it the wireless drivers right after the OS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-devices-freeze-pc-when-installing-driver.55667/
Relevancy 49.45%

I ve been searching the given APIPA Only Apple Wifi addresses devices - Web for hours Can t Only Apple devices given APIPA addresses - Wifi come to any solid conclusions time to turn to my friends at Computerhope I m trying to help a friend John His family has always had multiple Apple and Android devices using his wifi with no problems but over Thanksgiving he had a dozen relatives over to his house Most used Apple devices some used Windows Android All of John s personal devices Apple and Windows Android worked as usual but ALL of the quot out of town quot Apple and only Apple devices were forced to use APIPA addys hence no Internet DHCP IP pool was plentiful It simply refused to spit out any IP s to the quot out of town quot Apple devices nbsp He would power-cycle the router which temporarily fixed the issues but they came back shortly can t recall how long he said but I surmise it was when the DHCP lease was up - one day Thanks in advance for the help

A:Only Apple devices given APIPA addresses - Wifi

Arrghhh.. disregard the above post. My friend neglected to inform me that he had a WAP installed and that some of the Windows/Android devices actually had some connectivity issues as well... I rebooted the WAP and all is good now.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,147766.0.html
Relevancy 49.45%

About a week ago my laptop just stopped connecting to my wifi I have an HP Pavilion dv running Windows -bit I ve had this laptop for about four years if I m not mistaken and I have never had problems such as this before It can detect devices All to wifi? Solved: except laptop connect neighboring connections but it just doesn t detect my personal wifi The router modem is not the problem because I can connect to them with my other devices just fine Samsung Galaxy S S I am able to connect via Ethernet cable but of course this is a terrible inconvenience Cuddling my router is not something I feel I d want to do just to get some work done I have tried - restarting my router Netgear N Wireless Dual Band Router model WNDR - restarting my laptop - system restore - uninstalling and reinstalling wireless drivers originally was Intel WiFi Link BGN when reinstalled it changed to Intel Centrino Wireless-N - changed router settings router channel password security options - manually connecting through Control Panel SSID Solved: All devices except laptop connect to wifi? is not set to be hidden but still couldn t be found - troubleshooting nothing was found - updating basically Solved: All devices except laptop connect to wifi? everything router firmware drivers software etc Long story short none of this Solved: All devices except laptop connect to wifi? worked I feel as though I have tried everything I could find within multiple forums and endless internet surfing but I am simply out of ideas at this point The connection on my other devices is slow but they connect nonetheless Any help is strongly welcomed perhaps it may be time for a new computer router Note I am not as tech savvy as I make myself appear to be in this post but I know my way around the computer for the most part Additional Laptop Specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard C Antivirus Norton Premier Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

My laptop (an HP Pavilion dv5 using Windows 7) won't connect to my home wifi. Both my iphone and my ipad does without any problems. I've tried removing the wifi network from my laptop and adding it again. When I type in my password for the wifi it tells me there's a key mismatch although I'm 100% certain the password is correct. I kept typing it in and eventually it just tells me it cannot connect to my laptop.

I tried a system restore but my laptop wasn't able to complete it. It told me the restore failed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys,

Just a quick one I'm sure most could answer, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to Wifi, and my router is kicking devices off when we have more than 4, picking and choosing which devices it will allow Wifi too. We often have 3 phones, 2 laptops and 1 PC in the house which need constant connection. What do I do to make this happen?

My Router is a D-Link: DSL-2780, I'm with Talk-Talk in the UK.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 49.45%

I am on vaca, but supposed to be working remotely. My Asus laptop has worked w/out issues at home, work, airport, etc, but it won't work in this house. The Nook connects to the wifi here w/out any problems.

The network box shows four bars and says I'm connected when I pull up the list of possible connections, but then when I troubleshoot it says, "no Internet acces".
I have Windows 7 currently.

Suggestions? Please help. Thanks.

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Edge 2 that is only 2 months old.  Working perfect on Friday, turned on Sunday and it had dropped all wifi connection.  Tried to search for wifi hookups and did not recognize any.  Phone, tablet, other computers working perfect.  Any ideas?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Edge-2-dropped-recognition-of-any-wifi-devices/td-p/3379035
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi

Not sure if what I am trying to do is possible.

If I have two Windows 10 tablets and want to mirror the screens, do they need to both be on the same WiFi network or can this somehow be done directly between the devices?

I have head about something called WiDi and Miracast but not sure how to best use these.

If I were to take the two tablets I have out and about and wanted them to show the same screen wirelessly somehow is this possible? If not, could a cable be used - if so would this be HDMI? Ideally I would like a wireless solution if this exists.

I've heard the new build of Windows 10 might have improved screen sharing possibilities.

Is what I am wanting to do possible at all.

Any help or guidance would be great.

Thanks in advance.

A:Is it possible to mirror Windows 10 devices without a WiFi network?

Hello nswmuk, and welcome to Ten Forums.

If the wireless display (ex: TV) supports Miracast and is turned on for the device, then you'll be able to directly connect to the wireless display from your tablet if your tablet also supports Miracast.

Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10

If they don't, then yes you will still be able to connect the display to the tablet via HDMI cable to project (Win+P) the tablet's screen to the other display.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53912-possible-mirror-windows-10-devices-without-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I just moved into a new place and when I initially set up my pc and tested the wireless connection things seemed fine but now a day later it's painfully slow and unstable but it still works fine on every other device around the house there are mobiles and smart tv besides my desktop using the network but turning htem all off had no effect I just did a speed test from my phone and it said Mb Mb I did the same from the desktop and got MB MB I tried sharing the mobile's wifi connection through usb tethering but the Wifi desktop other on fast but on devices slow desktop still got a slow connection I'm about m away from the router I Wifi slow on desktop but fast on other devices cannot change its settings because I don't have an ethernet cable and the router management menu is blocked from wireless Using windows Realtek TRL EU wifi adapter router is a zon hub not sure the model exactly a user review says hitron bvw v but googling it gives me a different looking router Any help would be great if there's anything I forgot to mention let me know

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/wifi-slow-desktop-fast-other-devices-4607878/
Relevancy 49.45%

My laptop isn t connecting to my home network but my ipod and other computers are here are the details from CMD Windows IP Configuration Host Name Iris-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address E - A- F- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c be a b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November- - PM Lease Expires December- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B - - -D -DF- A- - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C A AC -EEDC- CAF- - EE BDF BA D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab f f ff Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe f f ff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip connecting to network are Laptop but wifi other not devices Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Laptop not connecting to wifi network but other devices are

looks like you have an ipaddress

can you do the following three pings tests

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

For Windows 8
to open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connection exists without DNS.
these tests then confirm if there is a dns issue on the connection.Click to expand...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-connecting-to-wifi-network-but-other-devices-are.1078860/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello

We have 2 pcs, 2 laptops, 3 wifi phones.
All of them connect to our wifi and get good speed however my new pc gets low signal and ridicolous speed.

Windows 7
Upc 50mbs provider
Other pcs get upto 25 mbs. This one gets upto 5
After i updated the tplink adapter n firmware it went down to 1mbs
I tried changing channel from 1+5 to 6
There Are 4 wifis close to use
The router is in the room next to mines still the signal is loooow
Wpe2 encryption

In the beginning speed and signal was ok, it only disconnected often
Now we changed to tplink adapter speed went down - more info above

Please help
Who could i call about this
Internet service provider or the guy who custom made my pc?

Thank you so much

A:Solved: Wifi very slow on PC, on other devices fine?? pls help

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If your only email accounts are free (Hotmail, gmail, etc.) try this direct link. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Type the following commands:

IPCONFIG /ALL

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-very-slow-on-pc-on-other-devices-fine-pls-help.1104842/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi i am having problems on my laptop as i cannot connect to wifi sometimes it connects then it goes off all my other devices connected to the same network are working fine. Any help will be appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Connecting-to-wifi-problems-on-laptop-all-other-devices/td-p/5816547
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I am creating Wifi Hotspot in Windows 8.1 using the following command:

Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyHotspot key=mywifikey

Then I start the hosted network. After starting the hostednetwork, I enable Internet Connection Sharing on my Huawei E397bu-502 device (4G LTE USB Dongle) in Network Connections. I can successfully connected my Android KitKat device to the hotspot and have internet connectivity on my Android.

But the problem is that the Android Phone disconnects randomly. Then I need to run

Code:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

Code:
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

After this I can again connect my Android to hotspot. But the process of disconnection continues.

Same happens if I share my Huawei-E397 internet connection via USB to my Android. There are no logs available so i have no idea where is the problem.

A:Win 8.1 Wifi Hotspot Disconnects Connected Devices

Welcome to the forum!

I thought you deserved some kind of reply by now although it is no help. These hotspot setups are so unique to what each person is trying to do I pretty much have given up trying to help online. So many variables. I hope someone can jump in and give you some guidance.

Would say to check all adapters and computer settings to make sure nothing is set to sleep or power save.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/65507-win-8-1-wifi-hotspot-disconnects-connected-devices.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Okay so I moved my wireless router to a more central location in my house I got low signal in my room and since then I ve been able to connect to the network but only with limited access Trying to connect to a webpage results in the quot DNS lookup failed quot error message Chrome My brother s computer had had the same issue and the PlayStation has had connectivity issues also however I have been wifi access multiple devices limited on able to use my wifi limited access on multiple devices phone with the WiFi without any issues I ve tried unplugging turning the router on and off to no effect Using a different router wifi limited access on multiple devices does not change the situation either When I try to diagnose the network connection it says that it could not identify the problem Any ideas Some information Both computers run Windows My phone is a Nokia Lumia running WP The WiFi status window states that IPv and IPv have no internet access My computer uses a Qualcomm Atheros AR B wireless network adapter and says it is working correctly The adapter is set to work with IPv IPv is set to obtain IP amp DNS addresses automatically Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:wifi limited access on multiple devices

For a Windows PC ...

Identify your network if it is not obvious.

Also show ...

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-limited-access-on-multiple-devices.1104337/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am building a wifi network for a school. The entire school has to become a wifi zone. Since budget is an issue. I have decided to start by using what equipments the school had in hand to start (a ton of edimax access points)… anyways. I am having a very hard time configuring them to work as required by the client. The client wants to be able to walk from one end of the campus to the other while surfing the web without loosing connection to the network. I have not yet been able to do this. How can I make it so that the client doesn’t have to get cut off while being serviced by different access points. What kind of configuration could I use?

Hope you guys can lend a hand…

A:Conection continuity between devices in wifi network

How can I make it so that the client doesn’t have to get cut off while being serviced by different access points.Click to expand...

Change the laws of physics?

If the access points all have the same SSID (and encryption if secured) but sufficient channel separation that wireless interference is not an issue that's as good as you can do. When the device moves from one access point to another there is necessarily a disconnect from one and connect to the other.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/conection-continuity-between-devices-in-wifi-network.981146/
Relevancy 49.45%

all other devices can connect to wifi, but windows xp can't, please help!

I have tried resetting the router, as well as the wifi connection on the xp, but nothing works.

A:Solved: all other devices can connect to wifi, but windows xp can't, please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-all-other-devices-can-connect-to-wifi-but-windows-xp-cant-please-help.1067458/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello Switched over the internet service provider to Time Warner We are using the same router we have used before the switch which was also with Time Warner service provider and everything was working FINE before the switch But now with the new modem from service provider something is wrong -- My roommate is unable to connect her laptop and her phone to the wifi even though the network is being detected I can only connect to my laptop which was the laptop I had opened to verify connectivity when the Technician was there Also my I-phone is unable to connect to the network even though it detects it It s very odd considering we had the technician come out to resolve this issue in the first place Could it be that the DHCP server has been turned off so it s allowing only one device to connect to the one IP address on the modem Or wifi to to Unable connect home devices multiple do we need to delete the wifi Unable to connect multiple devices to home wifi networks off of our computers and other devices My roommate tried that on her devices and still didn t connect Please help nbsp

A:Unable to connect multiple devices to home wifi

Do you know if your new modem includes WiFi? Is so, when you tested the connection with the technician present, did they have you connect wirelessly to your existing wireless router or to the modem itself?

Assuming you are running some version of Windows on the computer that can connect, please go into the Windows DOS/Command prompt screen and run an IPCONFIG /ALL command. Then copy and paste the complete results of the command here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-multiple-devices-to-home-wifi.1129490/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello Without too much information I'm learning how to use network. using Using WIFI between whilst Ethernet Cable devices Beckhoff hardware I have a motor rigged up to a PLC that is programmable via Ethernet using a software called Twincat I'm a hardware person so hooking it up was no problem But I'm venturing out into the world of PLC programming which I'm finding quite new and difficult I use Google YouTube internet services to aid me in learning this The problem is to connect with the PLC my Ethernet port needs to Using Ethernet Cable between devices whilst using WIFI network. be active Whilst connected whilst programming I'd like to connect to the internet via WIFI I've found a multitude of forums with instructions to change the priority of the network connections using metrics and all that but none of the solutions allow me to connect to both Is it really impossible to connect with a device via Ethernet whilst connected to the internet using WIFI I don't know the exact specs for all the different hardware cards on my laptop but its a HP ZBook running windows Much obliged

A:Using Ethernet Cable between devices whilst using WIFI network.

You may need a crossover cable.

How is everything connected ?

A router ? A switch ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/394041-using-ethernet-cable-between-devices-whilst-using-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there I don't like a load of LAN cables everywhere and quot She who must be LAN devices even (via ETHERNET - Bridge) Wifi Cable for free obeyed quot was complaining about number of boxes gadgets flashing lights etc under the TV so I've moved the two servers out of the way and just have the cable box main router so this I found was a really woman friendly solution for masses of LAN cable etc etc If you have fast Wifi and you have some Ethernet only gear connected away from your Router Cablebox you can use a quot Wireless Bridge quot -- It's possible to quot Hobble quot some old routers via DD-WRT but not all routers do that and you might LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge) want to use fast wifi connectors Some modern cheap routers now allow quot Wireless Bridging quot too You need to set the second router up as your wireless bridge and then plug the LAN cables from your devices into that router which will connect wirelessly to your network I found this Router actually very good -- also works on new ac protocol up to Mbs in the GHZ band so plenty for your server streaming devices IPlugged the NAS'es Ethernet connectors into the lan connects on the quot Bridge Router quot -- works fine This one was EUR inc Tax Edimax BR- AC Wi-Fi Ethernet LAN Dual-band Router - Grey It does work as WIFI Bridge -- you have to LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge) ensure your router can do that function if you buy LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge) a new router If you have fast wifi and want to get rid of LAN cables and move boxes like NAS boxes into spare closets etc out of the way then IMO this is the way to go Smart TV's Chromecast etc etc can all be controlled via smart phones too - avoiding a quot Handset jungle quot as well I had to go down this route as she absolutely put her foot down with one single more wire or quot box quot being installed near the main TV Cheers jimbo

A:LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge)

We hooked a powerline 1200 with gigabit ports up to our tv and it does the job nicely. It lives behind the tv and therefore is out of site. My NAS is also powerlined 1200 connected.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/43717-lan-cable-free-even-ethernet-devices-via-wifi-bridge.html
Relevancy 49.02%

So this has been going on for a few months I have an HP DV - wm laptop that will only get around Mbps network devices Laptop - is on All other fine slow Wifi to over wifi I have Uverse with the Mbps plan Now here is what I have Laptop Wifi is to slow - All other devices on network fine tried and nothing has fixed it Had Laptop Wifi is to slow - All other devices on network fine Win - Did fresh install to Win Have tried different versions of the Atheros Chipset Driver Have swapped wifi adapters from daughters laptop Disabled wifi security Turned off Windows Firewall AT amp T swapped out my old gateway for the newest one they have Now thinking it might be issues between my laptop and uverse gateway I setup a Hotspot on my Galaxy S and used my phones LTE connection and was still only getting around Mbps Now my phone will pull upwards of Mbps on LTE and the full on my UVerse wifi Now the one that confuses me is I have a Cisco USB wifi adapter that I tried And even with the USB adapter Im still only getting Mbps Any Ideas nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi;
Purchased a new HP Compaq laptop that's internal wireless (Intel 802.11a/b/g) capable.
I want to improve the wireless performance, particularly using hotspots where the built-in
antennas are presumably somewhat limited. Would appreciate some suggestions as to the most mobile and effective way to improve/increase signal strength/reception. I've seen everything from external antennas and amplifiers to external devices with their own cards like cantennas, etc. I've seen extenal usb antennas that claim 6db signal increases all the way up to 28db increases involving the installation of an exterior high gain amp and antenna (which is hardly portable). I'm just looking for the most portable/mobile and affordable device for increasing hotspot signal strength- Many thanks in advance for any and all replies-
regards
Webz

A:Best devices to improve a laptop's internal wifi performance...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-devices-to-improve-a-laptops-internal-wifi-performance.730727/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all I found it a bit hard to think up a title that explained exactly what I m dealing with To give a little background what I m working having trouble with A microsoft surface pro running windows and has all current updates as of me typing this A Nokia lumia running on tmobile with LTE My source of wifi A CLEAR Hub Express with G Internet Plan I live Right downtown Seattle belltown to be exact I m within optimal range for both my clear router and tmobile service Now I rarely use my phone connected to issues suddenly on unrelated appeared devices two Wifi/4g wifi at home due to unlimited data and super duper fast speeds on the phone I ve had this as my set up for almost a year now only difference being that I switched phones around july During this time I ve had very few problems Most problems that arose with my wifi were solved with either a restart or a clearing of Wifi/4g issues suddenly appeared on two unrelated devices my DNS through ipconfig So now I ve come to this point where two Wifi/4g issues suddenly appeared on two unrelated devices problems arose at nearly the same time and while they may be entirely unrelated it seems like it s more than a coincidence About or so days ago I started having strange problems My surface was unable to connect to just facebook com After looking up how to solve it that s how Wifi/4g issues suddenly appeared on two unrelated devices I found this website Sadly none of the problems on this website fixed it I had to chat with Clear to find out that I needed to turn on openDNS in my router This solved that problem about a day later Now on the same night whenever I would send a text message it would either never send though I wouldn t know until I restarted my phone or it would send to the recipient twice This ONLY seemed to happen while I was at home in my apartment I tried by sending text messages to people on tmobile verizon and att Each said something was up so I figured it was somehow on my end I was not connected to wifi or bluetooth or anything I was just using my phone s LTE The phone problem still persists As well my internet connection at home has dropped to abysmal levels Here s two images http i imgur com pHW cSk jpg and http i imgur com HsjcKq png of my network speeds using the network speed test app for windows This ONLY happens at home at coffee shops work I have totally normal speeds on wifi Making me think it is not the device but the wifi Here are two images The first being running the Windows phone version of Speedtest on LTE and the second running it while connected to my wifi - http i imgur com qdd FsW jpg - http i imgur com vDn HS jpg So while I solved my facebook issue i ve had this strange issue going on My speeds at home are TERRIBLE sometimes inbetween really fast and I ve been having strange issues with my phone running LTE Again this all happened within the same day and has persisted since I m wondering if it has to do with both of the devices or something or if there is a way to find this out It s quite annoying two things that I rely heavily upon suddenly stop working at the same time Some steps I took to solve this was -ipconfig flusdns release renew usually solves my problems didn t this time -Unplugging the router for longer periods of time from minutes to overnight again didn t do anything -Resetting the router s firmware entirely -Trying to use the router with openDNS on and off Webpages just hang and take forever to load if they load at all While before it would connect now it just says quot connecting quot or quot resolving host for a while then quot waiting for website name quot for a while This seems related to Ping but I ll admit I don t know enough to say whether or not it is As for my phone it s becoming annoying ONLY the text function is acting weird Even if I can t send receive texts I can still use the web and apps with no problems Again I realize this may be an unrelated problem but since it happened at almost the exact same time I m not ruli... Read more

A:Wifi/4g issues suddenly appeared on two unrelated devices

My theory--it's only a theory--based on the symptoms you report is that something is now interfering with your cell services. It could be a neighbor using an illegal or out-of-calibration wireless transmitter/device. Or some new object (e.g., a high rise under construction) between your devices and the tower(s) giving you your services.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-4g-issues-suddenly-appeared-on-two-unrelated-devices.1114266/
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently bought a new cisco e2000 router and had no problem connecting to it on all the devices in the house (about 10 of them)

Just now, all the devices in my room (ipod, netbook, phone, and laptop) lost a connection to the router and no matter where I am in the house none of these 4 devices can get a connection. I can see other networks, just not mine. They all worked perfectly fine before, and out of nowhere they stopped working. Other devices that were not in my room at the time of this 'wifi surge' still have a connection to the router.
The wired connection works and that's how I'm typing this right now...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ray

A:Wifi on all the devices in one room only randomly stopped working

Hello laxman7,

I would start off with a Power Cycle. See if it helps, if not please move on to the next tasks.

You may visit Linsys site and see if there's a most recent update for you router even though your router is brand new.

Install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector from one of your wireless computers.
Double click the Xirrus Icon on your Desktop, Tap the Printscreen key on your keyboard, open up Paint then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then SAVE it. Upload and attached the file here.

Please post an update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205914-wifi-all-devices-one-room-only-randomly-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,

We have a TP-LINK router and adapter. We have a PC connected via cable to the net, which has the router connect to it. We can connect get fine speed by all laptops, mobiles. We have this other pc in the room next to the routers room.
The signal is very weak, 1-2 levels, but the pc adapter can be 7-8meters max from the router.
Also the speed, while other pcs get 25mbs, this one 3-6. Three days ago it had 25mbs, cuz we changed channel and its the same now. Weird...

Can something be interrupting the signal or what can be the problem? Im really out of ideas, i will be really thankful for all who can help.

Any other info you need?
The internet is from UPC 50mbs.

A:Wifi fine on all devices, except PC... Weak signal and slow??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-fine-on-all-devices-except-pc-weak-signal-and-slow.1105188/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I may be missing something pretty basic here as my tech knowledge is pretty poor I have recently paid my internet provider to increase my connection speed from meg package to meg as I need a faster connection Ive done a speed test and it says that my speed is pretty much what my increased to much speed? but internet dont in speed 4meg change from 1meg see the service provider has promised but when I use the wifi in my place which I used with the original meg connection it doesnt seem any faster at increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? all I thought I d be flying from one website to the next but its not happening that way at all Someone said I should consider buying an aircard to increase my computers ability to recieve more data from the increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? router but then someone else said that is not what an aircard is for Anyway Im stuck and would appreciate any help i could get as at the moment Im paying alot more cash each month for no improvement Thanks in advance for any help Cheers nbsp

A:increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increased-my-internet-speed-from-1meg-to-4meg-but-dont-see-much-change-in-speed.625674/
Relevancy 48.59%

My computer was running just fine til about a week ago. I am on a secure network that was before yielding 1/mb/sec download speeds on wireless router. I have tested the network on my laptop and it still runs just fine, however my desktop has become sluggish, the download speeds are down to 30kb/sec and the search function has been taken over by "searchfastfind.net" that Malware Bytes has failed to find. Today the internet would simply die and not reconnect, or my browser would redirect to dead sites. The CPU on any processes doesn't seem high, but my computer is screaming like it's running several programs at once. I am using Vista, all updates installed that are available and needed.

What would I do to figure out the sort of malware I suspect this to be?

Dell Studio 540S Windows Vista Premium 2 64 bit

A:Suspected Malware (searchfastfind.net) - Ruining Internet Speed and Computer Speed

I ran rkill.exe it found no known programs running, malware still seems to come up empty, but my cpu speed and internet connection are still terrible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371386/suspected-malware-searchfastfindnet-ruining-internet-speed-and-computer-speed/
Relevancy 48.59%

Only had this new pc a few weeks and it is so slow now after 3 blue screen of death crashes that caused this I think, I believe firefox caused. I am not sure how to read dump files to show you details of the BSOD. I am including details of my PC along with the hijack this log, my system is clean though according to antispyware and virus scans.

2GB DDRII RAM
VISTA ULTIMATE 32bit

I installed 64bit before this 32bit one on another partition of this HDD but cannot boot into it anymore at startup because this PC won't let me select it because it does not detect my keyboard in DOS mode for some weird reason.

Hijackthis log is attached file.

A:Snail Speed Pc At Times And Always Slow Internet Speed On Vista Ultimate

I found this helpful information on possible solutions, very familiar with errors on previous Microsoft operating systems. http://www.vandersluijs.nl/content/view/973/96/lang,enI uninstalled one of the suggested updates and so far it is fine, the update was only optional so no security threats. I think it has helped, not certain if it will be like a fresh install because windows is slower than it was two weeks ago. If 3 weeks is best windows can handle for being ready for a new install I may have to go back to Linux. I hope this thread can stay on this forum somewhere to help others follow the link I posted above for possible solutions to this problem, it will save them time and effort trying numerous things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108144/snail-speed-pc-at-times-and-always-slow-internet-speed-on-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi; I have a Dynalink router and on plan which I get really nice speeds for me (downloads a few megabytes a second), using Windows XP via ethernet.
However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos, the internet on my Windows XP computer is so slow, web pages can barely open.
Is there anyone to somehow make both of them at least able to both use the internet? What's the problem? Thanks in advance for any help

A:Internet Speed; Fast but as soon as shared, drops down to unusable speed

However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos,Click to expand...

sounds like the laptop is hogging all the bandwidth

what speed do you actually have - via www.speedtest.net ?

what happens if the laptop is connected and not streaming videos - it may also have a number of downloads - updates running in the background

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-fast-but-as-soon-as-shared-drops-down-to-unusable-speed.1071015/
Relevancy 48.16%

So I am attempting to connect to the wifi network at my girlfriends place which I have done fine previously but my laptop Network works devices. but with other find specific Cant Wifi fine cant find it at all I have tried restrarting my laptop installing new drivers for the atheros wireless adaptor resetting the router but it still wont show up It connects fine to other older and newer devices and works fine when connected via ethernet Cant find specific Wifi Network but works fine with other devices. cable but it is hardly practical to sit on top of the router all day My laptop detects other networks fine such as those of the neighbors and connects to my Cant find specific Wifi Network but works fine with other devices. own home network fine I have also tried deleting the saved network and manually connecting to the network while also checking the box about connecting even if the network is not broadcasting its SSID Still nothing I also checked power management settings and made sure it the network adaptor was using max performance power settings Previously when I set up their router it was broadcasting on a single channel between and cant remember exactly which and I have no reason to believe they have changed it Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corp Base Board Product Name Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Xirrus screenshot attached nbsp

A:Cant find specific Wifi Network but works fine with other devices.

connect by ethernet and have a look at the name and channel- it could be using channel 12 or 13 which is allowed outside the US but your PC is using channels 1-11 if US based setting

look at the SSID name and if indeed set to broadcast

I have seen that issue a few times - although xirrus usually shows the channel

all those signals are very low

whats the name of the wireless signal at your girlfriends
and where is that xirrus screen shot from - your girlfriends ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-find-specific-wifi-network-but-works-fine-with-other-devices.1103734/
Relevancy 48.16%

hi

i got a new router and a new connection

the wifi is working on my pc, laptops, ipad. but not on the phones. got a samsung galaxy and an iphone 5

not a range problem. even if i am standing next to the router the problem is still there.

the phone connects to the wifi. thats all. cant use the net then

please help

thanks

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello how we all doing Good I however am not so good someone told me that ones psychological well being is connected to the state of ones comp Slow computer a declines dl speed/hdwrite 100% goes internet, to speed when CPU using progressively lot of irrtation Obviously this is true But I digress Have an issue with CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines high CPU that only occurs when internet network card is involved This makes my computer laggy According to asus liveupdate application I have the latest drivers for everything I even updated my BIOS through it CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines and it installed in windows somehow I did flash it via floppy or usb I have read that this software is very unreliable and buggy If someone can give a link to where ASUS posts BIOS revision history bugfixes I would appreciate it I can't find it on this link I start OS everything CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines is fine Fire up latest version of chrome my laptop has been connected on and off today and I have google update so it should be this very latest download anything I think anything at least from FTP and CPU load increases as the download speed increases It takes about - seconds for CPU to reach then the download speed decreases I think my comp can't handle that high hd write speed while CPU is If it gets up to MB s megabyte this happens Close dl finished paused CPU goes back down to normal levels of idling which I suspect is unusually high in my case Windows is not very snappy but not all too laggy either I get maxed out to MB s with ubuntu ftp CPU rises dlspeed declines just as described If I close chrome then start again CPU spikes to for half a second Even just opening my computer causes this This made me suspicious that it's simply my laptop that is weak it can't handle high hd write without cpu going bonanas However copying to HD from USBstick gets me a stable MB s with CPU not noteworthy elevated Problem persists with all program under explorer exe in processexplorer closed At one time interrupts went to - system idle was at at one point Processxplorer exe was See attached pictures At one point prcsexplorer said system idle processes is using CPU yet the diagram and systra is on How come Tested again with all eset smart security modules disabled the ones that can be disabled from right click of systray - system idle even as much as at one point Could eset still be root problem anyway I noticed for example one module needs reboot to be disabled Just now I restarted without barely any services and applications internet was not working spike to when opening my comp Also restarted with my normal applications and services cpu spikes to from opening browser and google docs On old stationary also cpu when connect to internet might this just be a switch issue Have a cheap no-name no brand-name simple one On the other hand I tested without switch only my comp connect straight to jacket in wall - problem remained Also same problem occured when I tested my laptop on the librarie s wireless some month ago On fresh install of ubuntu bit with a handful of software installed and no other modifications I get a stable cpu load of - with mb s- mb s from ftp via browser So no decline in dl hd write speed in contrast to W No unnormal elevation of RAM it rests at GB just as before dl started Once dl finished cpu goes to - If I recall correctly issue was there from the very beginning of getting it and the problem persisted after reinstalling windows bit ultimate and only installing a small number of software Note that a couple of months ago the only way to make CPU come down from was to reboot Or manually disconnecting then reconnecting network cable Or disable then enable network card ethernet adapter in device manager Also this impacted OS much more than now windows in general was very very laggy and ope... Read more

A:CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines

Try to update driver for JMicron PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, if already updated then try to roll back the driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cpu-goes-to-100-when-using-internet-dl-speed-hdwrite-speed-progressively-declines-628783.html
Relevancy 48.16%

So sometime ago around about the start of November my internet speed dropped out of nowhere and has remained at the constantly lowered speed since then Usually I would have a download speed of mbps however in recent days that s more like mbps When trying a bandwidth test that would usually have been about mbps however that is more like mbps now A way I used to scope what my bandwidth was was using the Formula com website where when you watch a video on it it will tell you your bandwidth rating before hand That as I say has dropped from the mbps to the mbps mentioned This is normally an and Speed Speed Drop Bandwidth Internet Sudden okay speed to do things however whilst my father is using Netflix the internet becomes so slow that it is basically impossible to do anything Normally on my old internet speed it would have not been a problem Now I ve done all the tests that are normally mentioned to Internet Speed and Bandwidth Speed Sudden Drop do as I have been searching for an answer since the Internet Speed and Bandwidth Speed Sudden Drop internet speed tanked It is not a computer specific problem as it is exactly the same on all devices connected to the router I have rung my ISP and they have said that my line should be receiving around mbps as we run on an ADSL connection However doing a line test through the same provider says we should be getting mbps My ISP reports no problems with the line and there has been no change at my end either When the internet suddenly dropped as I say it was a sudden speed decrease it didn t happen over a period of time it literally happened in an instant I was on a BT HomeHub This hub would continuously be disconnecting due to a fault however the internet speed was always at the mbps Bandwidth However around about the th- th of November as I say the internet just dropped but we were still having troubles with the disconnections A BT HomeHub was then upgraded to which has since stopped the disconnections but the speed has remained exactly the same Any advice would be appreciated on this and I thank you for any time that you put into this issue I just hope that it s something that can be resolved I just want to know what has caused it it s one of those things that just shouldn t happen but has and it is mighty frustrating Again thanks Phil nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Everything Opens up very slow web pages etc I have XP sp It's an HP Pavillion I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could Speed High Computer? Slow Internet, Speed examine my quot HijackThis quot file log below and tell me why is causing my computer to run slow as molassis Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone real soon Berzerker Logfile of High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavemsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/high-speed-internet-slow-speed-computer-189738.html
Relevancy 48.16%

What is the best way to speed up a secured wifi connection? (Wireless N)
Speed keeps changing.

A:wifi speed

What is the best way to speed up a secured wifi connection?Click to expand...

Determine what is causing the slowness and then rectify the cause.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-speed.827975/
Relevancy 48.16%

Our LAN connection runs about mbps down up our WIFI runs about mbps down up Given there s a wall or two between quot the hub Up Way to Any WiFi? the Speed quot It s a steel building there s nobody running off the WIFI except people with cell phones I installed a TS Link WIFI Extender outside the walls in the shop which receives - bars There s manual mills lathes and CNC equipment in the shop as well as a shop computer for clocking in out and a MSC vendor that are LAN connected Pretty much all that connects to the WIFI are cell phones and the shop laptop Is it Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi? simply the interference on GHz in the shop Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi? that muddles the signal the wall s in between or is there anything I can do to get it up to at least loss in data Here s my Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi? setup INTERNET NETGEAR WNR lt LAN gt ---CAT e Crossover--- BUFFALO AC AP lt WIFI gt --- NETWORK MBPS Down MBPS UP lt LAN gt lt --- FIREWALL THAT I D Ced Watchguard Firebox SOHO was getting MBPS LAN with it lt LAN gt NETGEAR -PORT SWITCH lt LAN gt NETWORK MBPS Down MBPS UP lt LAN gt NAS lt ----- Need to access through WIFI The Netgear router doesn t give a constant signal while the Buffalo does I was originally going to reroute the the Buffalo to DMZ THRU on the firewall but the firewall didn t like it I know that firewall is about years outdated I don t intend to use it What I need to know is will it significantly increase WIFI speed to just use the Buffalo without the Netgear there Also what will I need to get ac connection from the Buffalo router Has there been a standard set for it yet I m also open for firewall suggestions that have legit DMZ THRU SonicWall Thanks Blake Rawlston Machinist IT Anarchist Southeastern Tool and Design nbsp

A:Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi?

removed your email, as that's a great way to get on spam lists.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-way-to-speed-up-the-wifi.1112377/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello Like a lot of similar threads here I am experiencing slow wifi speed on out of laptops I have a Virginmedia wireless n Superhub UK all in one modem router set at mbps and speed wifi Low my tariff is for mbps download speed laptops experience no problems at all wireless g connects at mbps wireless n connects at mbps another wireless n connects at mbps These connection speeds are consistent and do not fluctuate Low wifi speed All have consistent speedtests of mbps download and mbps upload The remaining laptop has fluctuating connection speeds of anywhere between - mbps and a speedtest of between - mbps This laptop is my wife s work from home machine - Lenovo Thinkpad with an Intel wifi Link agn adapter Office is situated one floor up from the router and phone socket We have a wireless phone jack so no cabling is run directly to the office I thought this may be giving off interference but I disconnected it and still got the same wifi results I have used all working laptops in the office and have experienced no change in connection speeds speedtest so am assuming that the issue is not interference I haven t yet hardwired the laptop or tried to update the driver Just wanted to run this by you first before I make any changes Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Guys,
Have an issue with my internet speed, I am currently subscribed with an ISP for 60Mb/s Connection and I can only get that speed via cable over wifi it goes down to 26Mb/s, after I called my ISP they told me I had to buy some other wifi device that extendes my signal and is able to transmit more then 26MB/s so I bought a NetGear EX6100 Wifi Range Extender and set it up as an access point on the 5GHz channel it is currently connected via cable with the ISP Router but still im only getting 26Mb/s.
Im stuck what did I do wrong ???

A:Wifi Speed

My cable service plan is for 150 Mbps download.

I get 150 - 170 Mbps on ethernet and 30 - 50 Mbps on wireless.

I've tweaked my wireless connection as much as I can and still get the much slower speed.

It's still fast enough for my needs, so I've learned to live with it.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-speed.1149319/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I was at the airport other day,waiting for my flight, and i used a WiFi hotspot to access to my blog. I noticed that although the hotspot claimed to run at maximun data rate of 54 Mbps the throughput I achieved was a lot less. can you explain to me why that might be?

can you explain the term 802.11 standard to me ??
thank you.

Relevancy 48.16%

I just bought HP G N y es notebook and I have major problems with it First I is speed WiFi very low barely installed drivers for graphic card AMD R M i have to use outdated drivers now and now i have problem with wifi drivers I WiFi speed is very low am using windows ultimate x I installed newest drivers first Broadcom b g n WLAN Driver for Windows American International nbsp Download speed in my Utorrent client was - kb s nbsp It ocassionaly jumped WiFi speed is very low on - kb s where I want it to be all the time but it only lasted for minute or two nbsp Usually on my PC is aprox kb s After that I installed older version of that driver Rev B May and the same thing happens And my signal of WiFi is always full because I sit meters from router so there is no problem with my WiFi adapter Also I tried probably all solutions i found on your site overhere nbsp nbsp nbsp No one answered me in my last post so im posting the same question again nbsp nbsp

A:WiFi speed is very low

Hi, There are few posts around. Please use others Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-speed-is-very-low/td-p/5854571
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey,

my wifi seems very slow under Windows 8 and is acting like its been "capped" by something.

When running Windows 7, I was getting approx 60MB actually download rate off of my apparent 120MB Virgin Media service, now that I am on Windows 8 it appears to be running at 20MB.

The drivers have been updated to the one that was on the manufacturers website, before the update was applied my download was capped at 1MB.

Does something need changing / tweaking on Windows 8 to make it more friendly to high speed broadband?

Cheers

A:slow WiFi Speed

How are you measuring your speed?

Speedtest.net?

What antivirus program are you running?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26123-slow-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all, I am using windows 8 in my laptop and Ubuntu in my desktop PC. In the desktop, I used to browse the internet by connecting LAN cable. and using WiFi on my laptop. I am using Acanac's unlimited internet plans in Quebec. The browsing speed is comparatively high in Ubuntu than windows 8. Is there any mechanism to boost the browsing speed in windows 8? I am not very familiar with Ubuntu. Most of the times I use my laptop to browse. If you have any solution, please put it here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623669/to-boost-wifi-speed/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi My wifi connection between my PC and my router seems to be kind of slow as it reaches max around Mbps I'm not talking about my internet speed but about the speed between my PC and my router I have this setup - Archer T U USB ac drivers updated - USB - Airport Extreme router ac Ghz only - PC is about meters away from the router without any walls or electronic devices in between - All other equipment MacBook iPhone do not have wifi speed issues From the same point as the PC I get much higher speeds Mbps What could be wrong My rig PCPartPicker part list Core i - K GHz Quad-Core GeForce GTX GB - System Build - PCPartPicker CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U P SE CFM CPU Cooler Motherboard Asus Z PRO GAMING AURA ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX GB x GB DDR - Memory Video Card MSI GeForce GTX GB Video Card Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link Archer T U USB a b g n ac Wi-Fi Adapter cheers Tex

A:Poor LAN wifi speed

Originally Posted by TexTwil

Hi,
My wifi connection between my PC and my router seems to be kind of slow as it reaches max around 50 Mbps. I'm not talking about my internet speed but about the speed between my PC and my router.

I have this setup
- Archer T4U USB 802.11 ac (drivers updated)
- USB 3
- Airport Extreme router 802.11 ac (5Ghz only)
- PC is about 3 meters away from the router without any walls or electronic devices in between
- All other equipment (MacBook, iPhone) do not have wifi speed issues. From the same point as the PC, I get much higher speeds (500Mbps)

What could be wrong?

cheers,
Tex

adjacent channels ?

The free inSSIDer 3.1.2.1 network analyser will tell you what you need to know about your local network and througput configuration including WIFI overcrowdinng ,overlapping and adjacent channel networks ,other newtorks (neiboors ) but outside of driver ,fiewall ,port configuration or HDWE problems .

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62399-poor-lan-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINHOME System smss exe C WINHOME system winlogon exe C WINHOME system services exe C WINHOME system lsass exe C WINHOME system svchost exe C WINHOME System svchost exe C WINHOME System wltrysvc exe C WINHOME System bcmwltry exe C WINHOME system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm with WIFI ??? 50% Loss Speed LVPrcSrv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINHOME Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exe C WINHOME system TFNF exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint 50% Speed Loss with WIFI ??? exe C WINHOME system hkcmd exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINHOME system THotkey exe C WINHOME 50% Speed Loss with WIFI ??? system TPSMain exe C WINHOME AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINHOME system ctfmon exe C Program Files Belkin F D Belkinwcui exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C WINHOME system TPSBattM exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C WINHOME system svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C DOCUME somebody MOE LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run LogitechCommunicationsManager quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exe quot O - HKLM Run TFNF TFNF exe O - HKLM Run TouchED C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINHOME system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run TFncKy TFncKy exe O - HKLM Run THotkey C WINHOME system THotkey exe O - HKLM Run StTHK StTHK exe O - HKLM Run TPSMain TPSMain exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINHOME system NeroCheck exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINHOME system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Belkin Wireless Utility lnk O - Global Startup EZ-DUB Finder lnk C Program Files EZ-DUB EZ-DUB exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - DPF C A- BE- B -A BB- B FE A ewidoOnlineScan Control - http download ewido net ewidoOnlineScan cab O - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab YInstStarter Class - C Program Files Yahoo Common yinsthelper dll O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip C E - E- D- CF- A F FB NameServer O - Protocol livecall - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Pro... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/50-speed-loss-with-wifi.530879/
Relevancy 47.3%

hi guys, is there a way to increase wifi speed to make i go fast like a cable connection?

any surgestions would be good?

A:is there a way to increase wifi speed?

Hi there

1)Your Router needs to support the new Wireless-N standard up to 600 mbs from the presemt 54 mbs (WIRELESS-G).

2) Your Wireless card need to support it too.

Wireless-N routers are a bit more expensive -- and the problem is that if you are using a Laptop it's not easy to change the wireless chip so you'll have to use an external USB Wireless-N card -- also not cheap.

I don't think there will be too many PUBLIC WI FI places that will have wireless -n system for ages yet so you are stuck with wireless g @ 54 MBS max.

If you are on a shared wireless connection then the number of users will also slow it down -- especially if you have a load of users such as in a Hotel downloading Music / streaming audio into their hotel rooms etc.

Here's a wiki on Wireless-n (do further research as always with wiki).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11n-2009

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/57489-there-way-increase-wifi-speed.html