Windows Support Forum

Solved: internet disconnects when server is connected

Q: Solved: internet disconnects when server is connected

I have a server 2003 r2 machine connected on a LAN.

the server is used for data storage and the local workstations use the data on mapped drives.

When the server is connected to the internet ... all of the workstations on the lan partially lose the internet.

When i ping google while the server is connected to the internet I get 50% to 75% loss.

When I disable the LAN adapter on sevrer- alll the workstations on lan have 0% loss.
When I enable lan adapter on server and configure tcpip and for primary dns i enter 1.1.1.1
I still get 0% loss

when I enter 8.8.8.8 for primary dns the problem persists/

It kind of sounds like a virus on server causing very heavy traffic?
trojan virus?

if so which software can I use to remove the virus.

Im using symantec AV on the server.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: internet disconnects when server is connected

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: internet disconnects when server is connected

Might be completely wrong but would installing a switch help? Are you using a switch or a hub to connect your server/workstations together?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-disconnects-when-server-is-connected.1067799/
Relevancy 76.97%

hi I added a new workstation OS WinXP Pro on our office network we are using a Linksys port switch hub and a WIndows NT Server the Newly server. from the disconnects connected workstation rest I usually never had a problem adding a new PC in the network win winME or WinXp operating systems not until yesterday This is the scenario Whenever I plug in the ethernet cable of the said Newly connected workstation disconnects the rest from the server. new workstation at the hub the rest of the old workstation connected to server gets cut off disconnected on the network My officemates unable to access the servers mapped drive drive F G etc plus the fact when they tried to restart the computer and try to log on it says something like Newly connected workstation disconnects the rest from the server. quot no domain server or wrong password quot But if i unplugged the new workstations ethernet cable everything s goes back to normal This is new to me and this is strange Because just recently I added a workstation using XP and never I did experience that occurences The office LAN has a domain workgroup and using also NETBEUI which is manually installed on the XP Pro CD What causes this problem please help Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 72.67%

Hi I have a comcast high speed internet connection I use a Motorola SB connected to a Netgear WGT which feeds to a linksys VOIP router RTP I have a Dell but on internet not PC's connected all disconnects PC XP connected wired to the netgear router and internet disconnects but not on all connected PC's two laptops one is a Windows beta and other runs a Vista Ultimate connecting via the wireless router I never used to have any issues with my internet connection wired wireless until very recently Now when I start my desktop the internet works fine for a few minutes random usually lt mins and then doesn t connect anymore after But if I connect my laptop from the same netgear router using a wired connection everything looks perfect there I can see that there is something wrong happening with my desktop PC The wierd thing about this is that if I connect to the internet immediately to some heavy duty internet disconnects but not on all connected PC's bandwidth remote connecting to internet disconnects but not on all connected PC's my office PC from my desktop the internet connection remains but I just cannot connect to any other site It feels like there is some contention for the available bandwidth I tried reinstalling the network drivers on my desktop but did not help Any help is very valuable since this is very frustating Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

Hello I have a Dell I think also called E I have a very annoying problem basically every - hours my internet will just not work for about minutes or so while my other programs like MSN messenger and utorrent stay connected and work as usual Infact once it happened whilst I was downloading something from the internet and it disconnects, connected Internet still other programs continued to download Internet disconnects, other programs still connected One time I could also access pitchfork for some reason but no other websites It happens when I'm at a friend's house too so I don't think it's anything to do with the modem or router although Internet disconnects, other programs still connected the internet at both mine and Internet disconnects, other programs still connected my friend's is Virgin Media Broadband Here's my hijackthis - Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Windows sttray exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite LaunchApplication exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Kontiki KHost exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgw exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEUser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http tv arsenal com global Homepage aspx R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C Windows system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stt... Read more

A:Internet disconnects, other programs still connected

So only the Internet Explorer disconnect from internet? Did you installed any add-on on the Internet Explorer, try to disable all that

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-disconnects-other-programs-still-connected-224570.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello guys Please me out in solving my Frequent internet disconnection problem Problem while browsing or streaming or & center in sharing connected disconnects . Internet network shows but while Internet disconnects but shows connected in network & sharing center . playing MP games internet stops No page opens but Torrents still downloads at full speeds - kbps If facebook is opened in my browser am able to Internet disconnects but shows connected in network & sharing center . chat with people All the lights in modem are lit PWR LINK DATA ETHRNT In the network amp sharing center it shows connected Only way to get everything back online is to Reboot the modem Troubleshooting Guys am from India amp called my ISP guy to fix the problem amp guy Internet disconnects but shows connected in network & sharing center . says the problem is from my end VIRUS quot my system could be corrupted with VIRUS which is blocking my Modem Ports quot So when i reboot the modem the VIRUS goes off amp the internet starts to work fine amp after sometime the VIRUS gets clogged into the ports again quot I don't know which Port he was referring to amp i don't know how true this is Troubleshooting i changed two different modems one them is a brand new ISP provided amp the problem still continues I had a spare router Asus RT N U B amp a pci card installed amp connected amp still the same problem Please help me out

A:Internet disconnects but shows connected in network & sharing center .

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool on another PC and use a USB flash drive to transfer it to your issued PC

64-Bit Version OS Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 <===== Download Link

Drag the FRST64.exe from the Usb drive to your Desktop ( infected PC )

Right click on FRST64.exe and choose

When the tool opens click Yes on the disclaimer window .

Press Scan button.

FRST will let you know when the scan is complete and has written the FRST.txt to file

Note
The first time Farbar Recovery Scan Tool is run, it makes also another log Addition.txt

Please upload both logs in your reply.(FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

FRST.txt and Addition.txt will be on the Desktop

Upload a File
Click on the Go Advanced button under the Message box . Scroll down to Additional Options then click on Manage Attachments in the Attach Files sections . Click the Browse button locate the file then click on the Open button . In the Upload File from your Computer section click on the Upload button . Wait until it finishes uploading then close the window . Then click Submit Reply .

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/302244-internet-disconnects-but-shows-connected-network-sharing-center.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My net keeps disconnecting even though my Cable Modem shows no issues all lights are go I run Diagnose and repair and it keeps saying its having issues connecting to the primary DNS server or no network connection I restart or let the prompt quot fix quot the issue I checked and Solved: diagnostics server) Disconnects ( Random DNS suggest everything on the modem and pc is set to automatic I have had this random disconnect issue for sometime now the Tech guys from the Cable company always have some sort of excuse to NOT check the wires and say that from their trucks they Solved: Random Disconnects ( diagnostics suggest DNS server) can see that my net is up and running constant with no interruptions The last guys said that I needed a new router It just had to be the router I had a Linksys WRT G It was about years old so I did go and get another one about a week ago Linksys WRT G Same problem though I run xbox s one direct connect to the router and one wireless also a Blackberry curve If I cant connect through wifi I get poop for signal and wireless laptops Funny enough that even with a G router I don t Solved: Random Disconnects ( diagnostics suggest DNS server) have to many issues with speed or connectivity I tried a Linksys N router a while back but had major issues connecting and stayed on the phone for what seemed like hours with customer service trying to fix things didn t work So I plugged the old one back in From there it was just a race for whoever got on first got the strongest signal for playing Modern Warfare Had NAT issues I believe It doesn t matter if its just me here and on the PC or me and my idiot on both xbox s and both pc s disconnects just the same I have done the necessary restart and rebooting of both the surfboard and router Some days or even for days on end things run fine but then it starts I am so confused as to what to do here Like right now I m on but the question is for how long If anyone is good with Blackberry Curves that would help because even when things are working right it still refuses to connect via wifi it says its connected and picks up my router but its not actually showing being connected when its connected it shows pink signal bars and said IMA or something like that nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello I live in California have AT amp T uverse for my internet connection and for my os I have windows xp My internet shows that I have excellent connection all of my other laptops computers work except for this one computer It is a Sony Vaio laptop it s probably - Internet server found but connected not years old I have clicked on obtain DNS Server automatically and it showed NO IP address Several packets have been sent and have been received Below is from the command screen I typed in IPCONFIG ALL and this is the result Hopefully someone can help me I have also reset my router and have spent way too many inexperienced hours messing around with this Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Miranda gt ipconfig Internet connected but server not found all Windows IP Configuration Host Name D F Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - -CB- A-D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - -A - - -EC nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I thought i was reasonably PC savvy but after reading some of these posts I realise that I have no idea network connected Solved: internet but to Vista wireless connected not - please be gentle I am living in a boarding hostel which has Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected a wireless network via Mac Airports which I have connected to - it says that the signal strength is good though it does appear to fluctuate This wireless connection uses a proxy server to connect to the internet so that they have some control over what the students can see My problem is that I can connect to the network but not always to the internet using firefox the internet seems to cut in and out and if it is connected it runs VERY slowly and most often Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected times out even when opening something simple like google com What I need to know is how can I tell if this is a PC issue or network issue I Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected ran the intel PROset diagnostics tool and it says that the ping test failed no response default gateway DHCP server Some things that I ve tried other computers seem to work fine on the network disabled windows firewall talked to the techs but since they re mac users they weren t familiar with vista and therefire not too much help Ideas on what to do please nbsp

A:Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected

got it sorted now) It appears that even though my PC said the signal was strong enough, it wasn't (Vista must need a very stong and consistent wireless connection) After some searching I found that one of the airports in the building had been switched off and even though it was the furthest from my room, it made a big difference when activated...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-connected-to-wireless-network-but-internet-not-connected.726479/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello.

I have a Compaq Presario V2000 Laptop, with a built-in wireless network connector. Recently, I have come across the problem of not being able to connect to the internet. I've tried on multiple browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE), but all come up with some sort of "Server Not Found" message. I am connected to my usual wireless network with a good signal strength, but I am still unable to get on any web page.

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting to the network, and restarting my computer, but to no avail. Other computers on this wireless network (like the one I'm on now) work fine.

Thank you.

A:Wireless Network "Connected" to Internet, "Server Not Found Error"

....hello?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/298288/wireless-network-connected-to-internet-server-not-found-error/
Relevancy 59.77%

I run a server for counter-strike, its a linux based machine, I would really like to setup the network so that the server is connected to my hub which in turn is fed by the modem (Rogers Cable), and another cable runs to the router which allows the rest of the computers on my network to connect to the internet. I setup a static ip on the server using my modem dns etc, but when the server has internet access none of the other pc's on the network can get on bt when i disbale the static ip of the server, it cannot connect but the rest of the computers can, I have tried everything but no luck if anyone could shed some light I would be very grateful.

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there I hope this is the correct place to ask about this I've done quite a bit of mucking around with my computer lately installed ubuntu as an additional OS on a separate hd install Studio/Sql connected MS Visual Internet new to of my Blips in Connectivity Server? but nothing seemed to impact my internet connection until I installed Microsoft SQL Server and Visual Studio I'm just using them to learn as part of an online course and don't really need them to constantly run I do notice that the reporting services and sqlserver as well as a few smaller related Blips in my Internet Connectivity connected to new install of MS Visual Studio/Sql Server? processes are always running in the background I didn't notice a problem instantly but from the day after I installed to now I have periods during surfing where I'll briefly lose my internet connection for a minute or so usually but enough to boot me interrupt me annoy me Is it the reporting service as the culprit Or is it a coincidence and something else is monkeying with my connection Thanks for any info you have about my problem Amy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/245279/blips-in-my-internet-connectivity-connected-to-new-install-of-ms-visual-studiosql-server/
Relevancy 58.91%

Ok this is a little hard to explain I have been experiencing this problem for about weeks now My problem Solved: is connected "disconnects" after but Connection sometime is that under the Local Area Connection Status everything is working fine and I am able to access internet connections and all but after about mins - hour It will quot disconnects quot The thing is it seems that my Local Area Connection is still active but when I try to access the internet such as MSN Mozilla IE etc etc Everything just disconnects I have tried the quot Repair quot on the Local Area Connection but it is stuck on quot Renewing IP Address quot The only way to get back my connection was to disable it and Solved: Connection is connected but "disconnects" after sometime re-enable it or restart Note The Local Area Connection is still working even after everything such as msn or mozilla disconnects Here is my IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name ACER Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter EFB D E-B B - C- - D DBC Media State Media disconnected Description TAP VPN Adapter - Packet Scheduler M iniport Physical Address -FF-EF-B - D- E Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - A-AF- - D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday November AM Lease Expires Wednesday November AM I m running on Linksys Wireless-G WRT GS with Motorola SB SURFboard Windows XP SP Please try to keep it simple I m not really good with hardware software Thank you everyone for trying to help me If things start to get confusing I ll be asking my sister brother-in-law to assist me That will probably take a few days nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I ve got a DSL modem with a Linksys Wireless router in my home with XP PC s but connected Server, PC - Cannot is I.E. find Solved: connected successfully - one wireless one not The church Solved: I.E. - Cannot find Server, but PC is connected tried to connect DSL at church without success so I brought their PC also XP with sp home and connected it to my network The Lan runs fine and the PC is connected to the internet through the router I can ping outside addresses using the numbers but not the names It also does windows update so it is connected but internet explorer always displays quot cannot find server quot For a while I would see quot detecting proxy settings quot in the internet explorer window but not always No proxy is set The PC was previously connected using dialup and internet connection sharing at the church I ve tried all of the suggestions I ve seen in this forum and am out of ideas I ve also switched NIC cards - the original card with the PC was an onboard com card and the other is a com card same model number same driver but separate slot Same problem with both cards The driver is as uptodate as I can find Below is the IPCONFIG All Windows IP Configuration Host Name slc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Com EtherLink PCI For Complete PC Management NIC C C-TX Physical Address - -DA- - - C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday October PM Lease Expires Monday October PM Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello the last few weeks my internet is disonnecting every minutes or so The things disconnects Internet Solved: often I ve tried so far are - Up- and downgrade wifi drivers - Reset my router - Change the channel on my router - Change the wpa lease time on my router and disable it - Turn of the firewall of my router This problem only happens to my laptop I can have my mothers laptop next to me and while mine is disconnected hers will still work My laptop doesn t get hot either and it is running on maximum performance settings Also Pinging to the Solved: Internet often disconnects router gives a time out packets send recieved Pinging to localhost -n gives packets send recieved Now I m clueless as this proves I loose connection with my router however the nd ping test tells Solved: Internet often disconnects me my wireless card is ok So I honestly have no idea what else to try and how to solve this issue I d greatly appreciate your help thanks nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

My main desktop is Win XP Pro Internet disconnects Solved: SP with Solved: Internet disconnects a Linksys router Through the router my husband connects with his desktop and I connect with my laptop However my main desktop just loses the internet connection spontaneously I have replaced the Ethernet cable with no luck Sometimes if I switch out the ends of the cable the internet connection will stay on for a few minutes and then disappear however I can still connect through my laptop and my husband can connect through his desktop without problems I have limited knowledge of how routers etc work but it seems to me that if it was a router problem the two peripheral computers would not connect My Ethernet card is affixed to my motherboard and I have thought about just putting in a new Ethernet card but without knowing what the problem might be I don t want to do that without some help first Any help you can give me would be much appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

My internet disconnects sometimes I use Zone Alarm and it says that dafecbe exe is trying to connect to the Solved: Please (Internet HJT Disconnects) Check internet and I always deny it I think it s a virus not sure though Also Happy Thanksgiving Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Solved: Check HJT Please (Internet Disconnects) XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System drivers CDAC BA EXE C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C PROGRA COMMON Stardock SDMCP exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Creative ShareDLL CtNotify exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system dafec e exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Creative ShareDLL MediaDet Exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system Userinit exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - C - A- DF - A - B D - C WINDOWS system aksvduh dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run Disc Detector C Program Files Creative ShareDLL CtNotify exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz quot nwiz exe quot install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run dafec e exe C WINDOWS system dafec e exe O - HKLM Run hbgwnmj dll C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system hbgwnmj dll gugtpyd O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Microsoft Works WkDetect exe O - HKCU Run MoneyAgent quot C Program Files Microsoft Money System Money Express exe quot O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run dafec e exe C Documents and Settings Christian C Local Settings Application Data dafec e exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acroba... Read more

Relevancy 57.19%

I keep losing internet on two laptops and a tablet Sometimes I see that Chrome hangs on quot resolving host quot other times I it goes right to THIS PAGE CANNOT BE Displayed on IE or THIS WEBPAGE IS NOT AVAILABLE Chrome I tried quot ipconfig flushdns quot and chrome net-internals dns then quot clear host cache quot The two laptops have intermittent connectivity the tablet has Internet Solved: Random disconnects from been offline in a few days Solved: Random disconnects from Internet These scans are from my main laptop Here s Adwcleaner logfile after cleaning AdwCleaner v - Logfile created at Updated by Xplode Database - - Server Operating system Windows x Username Rich - RICHSPC Running from C Users Rich Downloads AdwCleaner exe Option Cleaning Services Files Folders Scheduled tasks Shortcuts Registry Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Google Chrome Extensions bmiabdepfhhiieiipmeecdmeljggmfee Key Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Google Chrome Extensions bmiabdepfhhiieiipmeecdmeljggmfee Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes AppID D AB - - A-B D -BD E DEE Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes CLSID EEF -A AC- A D-AA C- ED AC EEE Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes CLSID D - D - B- - B C AE Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes Interface EEF -A AC- A D-AA C- ED AC EEE Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes Interface EEF -A AC- A D-AA C- ED AC FFE Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes TypeLib FE - C A- C - FC - FC A Key Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Classes Interface EEF -A AC- A D-AA C- ED AC EEE Key Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Classes Interface EEF -A AC- A D-AA C- ED AC FFE Key Deleted x HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes FA -DE - -AF -B E B F Key Deleted x HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes B FCA -D FB- FE - AFD- E CF Key Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes FA -DE - -AF -B E B F Key Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes AFBCB E -F A- - F - FEE A C Key Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes B FCA -D FB- FE - AFD- E CF Key Deleted HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes AE A -B DE- C -A E- B FFA Key Deleted HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes A A -AAF - - - E B Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes fa -de - -af -b e b f Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes A A -AAF - - - E B Key Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes AE A -B DE- C -A E- B FFA Key Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes A A -AAF - - - E B Key Deleted HKCU Software Myfree Codec Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Myfree Codec Data Deleted HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer - hxxp hxxps Data Deleted HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride - localhost lt local gt Web browsers - Internet Explorer v - Google Chrome v C Users Rich AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Web Data - Deleted Search Provider hxxp www ask com web q searchTerms C Users Rich AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Web Data - Deleted Search Provider hxxp www ask com web amp o amp l dis amp q SEARCHTERMS C Users Rich AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Web Data - Deleted Search Provider hxxp search aol com aol search q searchTerms AdwCleaner R txt - bytes - AdwCleaner S txt - bytes - EOF - C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner S txt - bytes Here s result of ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Rich gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name RichsPC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd co comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address -FD- - B- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS... Read more

A:Solved: Random disconnects from Internet

Nevermind......I'll post again later.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-random-disconnects-from-internet.1151638/
Relevancy 57.19%

My internet is now acting up and it was perfectly fine yesterday I never made any changes to the modem or laptop I use wifi to connect to the internet and every single minute it cuts out I then have to disconnect then reconnect in order to get that minute of internet before getting kicked off again every Solved: disconnects Internet minute It is not a range issue and I have tried unplugging and plugging the modem back in but with no luck What is weird to me is that the first time I had to reconnect it took like minutes before getting kicked the second was about then and so on now it is every minute of pure agony I tried plugging my laptop to the ethernet Solved: Internet disconnects every minute cable and I don t get kicked I also don t get kicked with my desktop either I assume this is a modem issue but why does it work when I disconnect then reconnect it makes no since So is it something to do with windows Are my wifi settings on my laptop that could be an issue or is it the modem Any suggestions would be very appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version Solved: Internet disconnects every minute OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Solved: Internet disconnects every minute Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC G VW Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, I have a TP-Link router (TL-WR841N) that I just connected to my new PC. Problem is, upon turning the router on, the Internet disconnects. Here is an ipconfig/all report:

Windows IP Configuration
​Host name​dlsu-99gn9utm7w
​Primary DNS suffix​​Node Type​unknown
​IP routing enabled​no
​WINS Proxy enabled​no

Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection 4
​Connection-specific DNS suffix​​Description​NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
​Physical Address​00-1E-90-7E-53-E6
​DHCP enabled​yes
​Autoconfiguration enabled​yes
​IP Address​192.168.1.100
​Subnet mask​255.255.255.0
​Default Gateway​192.168.1.1
​DHCP server​192.168.1.1
​DNS servers​114.108.196.231, 114.108.196.230
Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection
​Connection-specific DNS suffix​​Description​Scientific Atlanta WebSTAR 2000 series Cable Modem
​Physical Address​00-18-68-0C-14-FB
​DHCP enabled​yes
​Autoconfiguration enabled​yes
​IP Address​111.68.60.87
​Subnet mask​255.255.255.0
​Default Gateway​111.68.60.1
​DHCP server​172.25.255.254
​DNS servers​114.108.196.231, 114.108.196.230

What should I do?

A:Solved: Internet disconnects when router is on

This is simply stupid. I replied to the previous post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-disconnects-when-router-is-on.1032804/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi network but connected 2003 traffic Solved: Server no I have a standard machine with networking issues the nic shows that it is connected and it received the Solved: Server 2003 network connected but no traffic correct DHCP ip from the router but i can t ping the router or any other ip on the network i ran a TCP IP fix Winstock Fix LSP Fix checked the services that starts up checked the startup programs turned the firewall off checked in advanced settings on the nic if the correct order is there the funny thing is that in safe mode with networking it works like a charm but not when i boot in to windows normally If i ping the router it just shows destination host unreachable The machine is virus free spyware free and malware free it has SP installed it is up to date with all patches the only error is can see in the event viewer is Event ID Wins Performance monitor counters could not get the Wins stastistics File name winservnt dll any ideas thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Server 2003 network connected but no traffic

Is there any particular reason why you have your server running as a DHCP client?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-server-2003-network-connected-but-no-traffic.998197/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everyone. There are no IT employees at my small company and everyone else has started coming to me with their computer issues. Normally it's fairly straight-forward, but I've never come across this one before.

We've got a computer that's connected to the network and has internet access, but cannot access the network drive like the other computers can.

The shared drive is found under computer --> network location.
The operating system is Windows 7.

I've tried disconnecting from the network and reconnecting, and mapping the network drive. Honestly, this is way outside of my knowledge base, so anything that might help is appreciated.

Thank you!

A:Solved: Connected to Network, Can't access server files

SOLVED:
We copied a file for fixing the map drives, and the shared file, onto a USB drive and manually uploaded it onto the problem computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-to-network-cant-access-server-files.1064182/
Relevancy 56.76%

I ve been having this problem for a year now I have tried things to fix it in the past but had no luck and I m trying again now I have a Boxx computer running Windows XP It s Solved: from Computer when streaming disconnects internet an old computer Solved: Computer disconnects from internet when streaming When I m using the internet if I watch streaming video there s a good chance the computer will drop the internet connection It happens also sometimes on it s own when I m away from the computer and sometimes while browsing sites with a lot of images I can regain the connection only by shutting down my computer and turning it back on It seems like a memory problem to me but how can I fix it I m positive it s not a problem with the internet or modem I just got a new internet service and everything is new but the computer still has this problem I d like to be able to watch videos and listen to music without having to turn my computer off and on all the time I appreciate any help nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I m constantly getting disconnected on my Comcast Internet It s my primary connection but I do have a VZW BroadbandAccess as a secondary and for when I commute go on the road etc This has always happened but mostly stopped after Internet Comcast Disconnects Solved: Constantly I switched to a - mhz -Way Solved: Comcast Internet Constantly Disconnects splitter about months ago Before that the disconnects would be like every ten days Now it s happening every few hours Sometimes it resolves itself sometimes I have to disconnect and reconnect the modem from the cable line powercycling doesn t do it My cable modem is a real pain to get to being at the bottom of a rack in my crawlspace It s on a cheap VA UPS with the router and some switches It always fails on establishing send channels Can tell that from the logs Which I can t seem to access anymore but that s what it always used to be Modem SB ISP Comcast Chicago Router WRT G v on DD-WRT but it doesn t really matter Does the same thing when connected to my RouterBoard but that s not setup the way I want it yet Other Stuff Airport Express as AP Print Server Speakers with DHCP turned off Should I just order a new modem Any recommendations Would a bidir cable amplifier before the splitter help nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Ever since I downloaded updates for windows XP, I keep getting disconnected from the internet. I did not have this problem until after these updates. Everytime I get connected it only lasts a few minutes and kicks me off. I am typing this message offline and will paste it in. I don't know if I can stay online long enough to type everything. I used to have service pack 1 and now the updated version is service pack 2. Could that have anything to do with the problem. I would appreciate your help.

A:Solved: Internet disconnects me since I downloaded updates

Hope someone can answer this for me. Please Help! Thanks for any help you can provide.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-disconnects-me-since-i-downloaded-updates.370252/
Relevancy 56.76%

I've been having a problem for a while where my Wireless will randomly cut out then connect again to the network I have set up for my home. The router is in the computer room and from my room I get anywhere from an "Excellent" to "Very good" signal strength, which doesn't explain its random disconnecting. Any reasons why/ways to correct this?

Relevancy 56.76%

Hello everyone Hopefully I'm posting in the right forum So I've come here because I've done hours of googling about my issue with no help I'm having a problem with my current window tab quot unclicking quot itself every minutes or so It's a common issue but sometimes requires multiple fixes I notice it the most in games Internet Windows and [SOLVED] Disconnects Minimizing Keep I'm a gamer when playing DoTA or Battlefield the game will minimize all of a sudden and I'll have to click on it to get back in It's even happening as I'm typing this message I have to [SOLVED] Windows Keep Minimizing and Internet Disconnects put the cursor back to where I was typing before to keep typing As it's going on sometimes the internet completely disconnects as well and I have to retype my password to gain access to wifi The internet has disconnected times while writing this message and I swear it's worse when I'm typing using an internet browser It happens so infrequently I'm not quite sure what it is Sometimes it goes on for hours and sometimes it's not a problem at all My suspicion is it has something to do with the USB hubs Btw this has never been an issue in the past with my current setup but I've only noticed this after I recently bought a JSCO Gaming Silent Mouse and a new Razer DeathAdder mouse I like to have both plugged in at the same time so I can change from one to the other if I need to my PC is in my bedroom where my wife sleeps so this works best I also just recently bought a new wireless adapter TP-LINK TL-WN N Because I bought the two so close to each other I can't discern whether it's one or the other causing the problem I'm assuming it has something to do with mice plugged in at once Anyway any recommendations are appreciated I already disabled power management options in Device Manager disabled Window quot peeking quot in Ease of Access uninstalled AVG and other solutions based on what I've from other people having the same issue I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Generic USB Hub drivers but the problem comes back I'd like to keep my current setup with both of the mice plugged in if possible And again I've never had this issue before Thanks in advance for any help

A:[SOLVED] Windows Keep Minimizing and Internet Disconnects

Welcome to TSF, RoffleMyWaffles.

This is indeed an odd one.

There is no mention whether or not the issue persists if you operate the system with only one of the mice in place (either one, from boot). Is that the case?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-windows-keep-minimizing-and-internet-disconnects-973457.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I have a Belkin G MIMO Router F D - connected to a Linksys AM Was suppose to Connection Solved: Frequently Internet Disconnects buy a Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects G MIMO with built in modem My ISP is TalkTalk Broadband Meg The router connects PCs on network Basically everyone loses connection frequently and they are starting to get annoyed All the PCs do not uses Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects static IP addresses Im not very good at Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects setting up routers and modems correctly and would like some help These are the reasosn I believe im gettign disconnected frequently Power Supply - Original power supply will not work worked once then all lights went off Using a Multi-Volt adaptor on the Belkin router output reads V A The multi-volt adaptor is selected at V which is the minimum and says this is A max is this incorrect and can it cause the dilemma im having All the lights are on and blink stay solid as they should Mixed Cards - Although the router is MIMO computer has a G card computers have a G card and the other computer uses an ethernet cable The ethernet card is built in and is Mbps Am thinking of upgrading so all are G and the same cards Have been told its bad to mix cards Bad Setup - I currently have the router set at PPPoE and same with the modem However I have other setups and am not sure I have the correct one Isn t bridge mode what I need The router s setups are Dynamic Static PPPoE PPTP and Telstra BigPond The modem s setups are PPPoE PPPoE Bridged Mode Half Bridge Not sure which one to use and how to configure correctly Modulation Type - I have been told the higher the speed the lower the stabilty I currently have the speed set at the highest so im not sure if this is the reason The types are ITU G G DMT ITU G G Lite ITU G G DMT bis ITU G ADSL my current one Static IPs - Are static IPs more stable and overall better or no difference All my IPs are automatically and sometimes i recieve the error IP conflict on the ethernet PC These are my thoughts on what the problem could be Any help is much appreicated Thanks for looking nbsp

A:Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects

1. Personally I wouldn't operate any electronic device, certainly not a new one, without the proper power supply. Surely there is a long enough warranty to get that power supply replaced.

2. Try just using standard 802.11g until you get the problems ironed out. Then you can introduce MIMO and see if it improves or hurts.

3. If the AM200 modem/router is operating as a modem and router then the Belkin should be connecting with a dynamic connection. If the AM200 is bridged or whatever the term is to say that it is acting as a modem only then the Belkin router's connection must be whatever your ISP requires.

4. Don't know.

5. No difference, except that dynamic (automatic) are far more convenient.

Beyond the first 3 items you've identified (which you should take care of first), sometimes a router firmware upgrade and then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure will help disconnect problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-frequently-disconnects.732590/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I ve had a problem for a very long time now I have two computers in the house and one always seems to lose connection after a bit while the other computer is connected I m at computer Only the disconnects one in internet. from Solved: household my a loss and I ve never been very good with things involving networks I Solved: Only one computer in my household disconnects from the internet. hope you guys can help me out I m up for any suggestions - I m connected to my router through an Ethernet cable- METHODS TRIED AND FAILED Scanning computer with AVG anti-virus and Malwarbytes Uninstalling network adapter and re-installing with the latest drivers Disabling Apple s bonjour service because I ve heard it doesn t work well with Windows Reset router Used Norton Removal Tool to completely remove Norton which was lingering on my Solved: Only one computer in my household disconnects from the internet. computer Solved: Only one computer in my household disconnects from the internet. METHODS THAT ARE KNOWN AND HAVE NOT YET TRIED Buying a new Ethernet cable I plan on buying one later this week Buying a new NIC I will not buy a new one until I know all possible methods have been tested And I don t know if NIC s even affect Ethernet cables at all IPCONFIG ALL amp PING TESTS CONNECTED Windows IP Configuration Host Name VillaireFamily Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - - B-A - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f d c dd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday January PM Lease Expires Tuesday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -C -D - - - - - B-A - C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A A - FB- AA - E- EF C D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes PING TESTS Default Gateway Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Villaire Family gt Ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Villaire Family gt Google com Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Villaire Family gt Ping google com Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Villaire Family gt PING Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Villaire Family gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms IPCONFIG ALL amp PING TESTS DISCONNECTED Windows IP Configuration Host Name VillaireFamily Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No E... Read more

A:Solved: Only one computer in my household disconnects from the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-only-one-computer-in-my-household-disconnects-from-the-internet.1084172/
Relevancy 56.76%

I Vista. help. Please every to due disconnects hour Internet Solved: have a dv hp pavilion laptop runing on vista home premium My internet has been disconnecting every single hour Its a huge problem especially when im Solved: Internet disconnects every hour due to Vista. Please help. downloading something or playing an online game I have a silver Motorola modem I know its has absolutely nothing to due with my modem because it doesnt disconnect on other laptops or my xbox Im pretty sure that the problem is the lease obtained expired It expires and gets obtained every hour And ive been disconnecting every hour does anyone know how i can fix this frustrating problem Heres the ipconfig info Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Haider Swagish gt ipconfig al Error unrecognized or incomplete command line USAGE ipconfig allcompartments all renew adapter release adapter renew adapter release adapter flushdns displaydns registerdns showclassid adapter setclassid adapter classid where adapter Connection name wildcard characters and allowed see examples Options Display this help message all Display full configuration information allcompartments Display information for all compartments release Release the IPv address for the specified adapter release Release the IPv address for the specified adapter renew Renew the IPv address for the specified adapter renew Renew the IPv address for the specified adapter flushdns Purges the DNS Resolver cache registerdns Refreshes all DHCP leases and re-registers DNS names displaydns Display the contents of the DNS Resolver Cache showclassid Displays all the dhcp class IDs allowed for adapter setclassid Modifies the dhcp class id The default is to display only the IP address subnet mask and default gateway for each adapter bound to TCP IP For Release and Renew if no adapter name is specified then the IP address leases for all adapters bound to TCP IP will be released or renewed For Setclassid if no ClassId is specified then the ClassId is removed Examples gt ipconfig Show information gt ipconfig all Show detailed information gt ipconfig renew renew all adapters gt ipconfig renew EL renew any connection that has its name starting with EL gt ipconfig release Con release all matching connections eg quot Local Area Connection quot or quot Local Area Connection quot gt ipconfig allcompartments Show information about all compartments gt ipconfig allcompartments all Show detailed information about all compartments C Users Haider Swagish gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name HaiderSwagis-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - -D - -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - - -ED-EE-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b a a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February PM Lease Expires Thursday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E A A-AD E- - A -E DA A br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ... Read more

A:Solved: Internet disconnects every hour due to Vista. Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-disconnects-every-hour-due-to-vista-please-help.982275/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

I am creating Wifi Hotspot in Windows 8.1 using the following command:

Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyHotspot key=mywifikey

Then I start the hosted network. After starting the hostednetwork, I enable Internet Connection Sharing on my Huawei E397bu-502 device (4G LTE USB Dongle) in Network Connections. I can successfully connected my Android KitKat device to the hotspot and have internet connectivity on my Android.

But the problem is that the Android Phone disconnects randomly. Then I need to run

Code:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

Code:
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

After this I can again connect my Android to hotspot. But the process of disconnection continues.

Same happens if I share my Huawei-E397 internet connection via USB to my Android. There are no logs available so i have no idea where is the problem.

A:Win 8.1 Wifi Hotspot Disconnects Connected Devices

Welcome to the forum!

I thought you deserved some kind of reply by now although it is no help. These hotspot setups are so unique to what each person is trying to do I pretty much have given up trying to help online. So many variables. I hope someone can jump in and give you some guidance.

Would say to check all adapters and computer settings to make sure nothing is set to sleep or power save.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/65507-win-8-1-wifi-hotspot-disconnects-connected-devices.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,
I have had wireless network problems for a long time. I bought a new router and I bought a new adapter, it just seems these problems never stop.
Recently (after 3 months or so of working fine) my wireless internet computer (which is a windows XP and is wireless with a Linksys WRT54GS v7 router and a realtek gateway adapter) keeps reconnecting/disconnecting. So I moved my tower over to the left about 3 feet. My internet works fine for a couple of hours. It then starts to disconnect/reconnect again, so I move it a couple more feet towards the left (which is where the exit of the room is, now my tower is halfway outside my door in order to get a good signal!).
Anyone know the problem?
Ideas?

Relevancy 55.9%
Relevancy 55.9%

I have similiar problem, that just started few days ago, when I installed norton 360 and logmein software.
After that day, I havent been able to play War of the Roses Beta game nor Age of Conan game, without internet stopping to work. League of Legends does not trigger this problem for some reason.

When problem occurs
I get no connection to internet, although network says it has internet connection.
I can connect to internet again after few minutes (5-15) and all is fine, until I play online games again.
My friend says he hears me a little while (through xfire) after I get disconnected from the game, I dont hear him though.

I was thinking of making new thread, but I feel the problem might be connected or something. Atleast the problem sounds much like mine.

Relevancy 55.47%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version or internet/limited the connectivity no dv7tqe randomly disconnects from Solved: Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Solved: dv7tqe randomly disconnects from the internet/limited or no connectivity Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard A Antivirus Webroot SecureAnywhere Updated and Enabled i purchased my dv tqe around months ago and for a while now ive had a problem with my internet connectivity everything will be all well and good then it will say quot limited or no connectivity quot and i wont have internet access it can be remedied by unplugging the ethernet cable and plugging it back in but its very annoying im assuming that the RealTek PCIe GBE Family Controller is where the problem is its running and it says its up to date i have no idea what is causing this but its driving me nuts and all help will be appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: dv7tqe randomly disconnects from the internet/limited or no connectivity

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dv7tqe-randomly-disconnects-from-the-internet-limited-or-no-connectivity.1049608/
Relevancy 54.61%

Any time I open up a windows explorer folder such as My Computer or anything else like that, my internet with go through a cycle where it tells me its

No Internet Connection Detected
Connected
Searching for Internet Connection
No Internet Connection Detected
Connected
No Networks Available

then after a while of the last one, its connected again. I can keep the windows window open the whole time and the internet wont disconnect again.

Also, it disconnects all computers on the network both wired and wireless.

Some sort of virus or a strange bug?

A:Solved: Opening any Windows Explorer folders disconnects my internet for about a minu

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-opening-any-windows-explorer-folders-disconnects-my-internet-for-about-a-minu.874200/
Relevancy 54.18%

Internet speed on my PC is slow. All other devices connected trough wireless have great internet speed. This started 2 days ago. Now videos on YouTube are loading very very slowly (It takes so much time that I even cant watch video). I called my ISP (or what ever is that called) provider and they said that all is right with my connection and that I should have fine internet speed. So what is the problem and how do I fix it?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6143 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 410865 MB, Free - 111703 MB; D: Total - 453867 MB, Free - 165623 MB; E: Total - 89032 MB, Free - 73582 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5QL/EPU
Antivirus: Avira Desktop, Updated and Enabled

A:Solved: Slow internet but other devices connected trough wireless have fine internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-internet-but-other-devices-connected-trough-wireless-have-fine-internet.1062380/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi! I have a winXP running a program that uses sql database from server. By the way, the problem should not be program related. The connection works just fine a while, but after five minutes or so, i get an error message that connection to database was lost. After this I'm unable to reconnect.

Any suggestions as to what I should look out for in either WinXp's settings or server's settings (winxp is pro version and sql server is running on windows 2000 server)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sql-server-disconnects-win-xp.200520/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all I have a question that has been puzzling me today I work online so I m few connected, Internet on &amp; Solved: says no work packets has but internet--urgent, I getting really worried about this I was using the internet this morning no problem but after a windows update which automatically restarted my computer my internet would no longer work It says that it is connected at full-strength quot excellent quot connection is what it says but it will not connect to a website it says that the network connection was taking too long and I have noticed that it is sending very few packets maybe to at the most Solved: Internet says connected, but has few packets &amp; no internet--urgent, I work on The sending Solved: Internet says connected, but has few packets &amp; no internet--urgent, I work on and receiving packets Solved: Internet says connected, but has few packets &amp; no internet--urgent, I work on are basically the same it isn t not receiving them in other words but this sounds like too few to me I have tried restarting the modem and router looking at my firewalls have checked the plugs and cables and have tried putting the cable directly into my computer but nothing has changed--even a direct line acts the same way My internet is through a wireless router but it does the same thing when I connect the Ethernet cable directly from my cable internet box to the computer My other computer has not had similar problems Here is my information based on the questions you all ask in the comments Country United States Internet provider Comcast Computer type Compaq presario laptop OS Windows XP Operating system cable modem Scientific Atlanta Wireless router Microsfot wireless base station MN- Mozilla Wireless with WEP key I performed the various commands asked by members on other questions the ping tests and ipconfig and have copied and pasted the information below Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings mason perrin gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings mason perrin gt ping yahoo com Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings mason perrin gt nbtstat -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- TISHAS lt gt UNIQUE Registered TISHAS lt gt UNIQUE Registered MSHOME lt gt GROUP Registered MSHOME lt E gt GROUP Registered MSHOME lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered C Documents and Settings mason perrin gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TISHAS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd nh comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - -D - -F - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd nh comcast net Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - -A -B -B - C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday July PM Lease Expires Wednesday July PM C Documents and Settings mason perrin gt nbsp

A:Solved: Internet says connected, but has few packets &amp; no internet--urgent, I work on

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-says-connected-but-has-few-packets-amp-no-internet-urgent-i-work-on.729002/
Relevancy 54.18%

So after my Dell laptop automatically updated from Windows services the internet is suddenly not working anymore also my iTunes has problem of recognizing my iphone it totally ignores to Internet!! - Wireless Internet Solved: Connected Connection Cannot Access but when i plug my iphone in I wonder that updating my windows has affected the ability performance of my Dell It was working fine the day before and now all the sudden it Solved: Wireless Internet Connection - Connected but Cannot Access to Internet!! won t let me access to internet no more I use internet at my school s library sorry I m a low income studen I tried to removed all the stored internet profiles and reentered but it wouldnt change anything I also tried to come over my friend house and tried to connect to internet but the same problem happened Connected to internet but has no access I dont know know the information of the router modem etc but I have the ipconfig pingy thing and hijackthis I dont know this information is enough but please please help me I really need internet to do my hw Thanks you guys much much Here is the command thing Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Michael gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Michael-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - D-E - - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f f b e ab Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - -C - - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection ... Read more

A:Solved: Wireless Internet Connection - Connected but Cannot Access to Internet!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-internet-connection-connected-but-cannot-access-to-internet.858000/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone,

I set up my new O2 wireless box yesterday,wireless internet was working fine for an hour and then...stopped working??!
All lights on the 02 box are correct,my laptop says I'm connected to wireless internet and the signalis excellent, but I have lots of paquets sent and O received.
I uninstalled my firewall (Zonealarm) then I disabled Windows firewall too,nothing changed.

Anybody who could help?

Thanks a lot!

M

A:Solved: Connected to wireless internet but can't browse the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-to-wireless-internet-but-cant-browse-the-internet.877251/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey for the ongoing week I been gaming, as usual and I keep getting these events in the log

Name resolution for the name launcher.worldofwarcraft.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

And of course other programs as well

Lost internet, I have to flush my dns and do a ipocnfig release and renew before it works again.

Can I get a resolution?
it does this 3+ times a day, even reset my router, still no good.

Using roadrunner

A:Constant DNS Server disconnects?

Can you please run the tools below on the machine with the issues as admin please. Please download FarbarServiceScanner and run it on the computer with the issue. Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows Update Press "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please COPY AND PASTE the log to your reply. Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it. Checkmark following boxes: Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Devices (problems only) Click Go and copy AND PASTE the result.Download Adware Cleaner run it as admin Click the delete button allow it to run and post the log it creates.http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465755/constant-dns-server-disconnects/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have Outlook 2003 configured to retrieve my mail from AOL. I've been getting various frequent error messages which say things like "Unable to connect to the server" and "a timeout occured while communicating with imap.aol.com" and "Outlook is not responding". It comes and goes a lot, but naturally it always seems to be disconnected when I need the mail the most.
Where do I start?

A:Server Disconnects In Outlook

shawnvw,Time out's with servers usually means that a setting has changed for whatever reason or is incorrect. You might want to review the information at this link. That may help. If not, please post back with your exact error messages and settings and we will try to help.Be (IMAP) SafeDa Bleepin AniMod, Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43510/server-disconnects-in-outlook/
Relevancy 53.32%

Well this is what it is telling me when i do the diagnosis.... also it says it could be my firewall settings that are also blocking connection....need help please....

A:Connected to Primary DNS server but still not connected

Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-primary-dns-server-but-still-not-connected.1005736/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone This is my first actually second post not counting introduction post on the forum so please don t shout at me I have a question I haven t found answer on the whole internet I have a Windows Server machine and a software which uses USB key to validate the software legality in the network The thing is the USB key disconnects every once in a while every few days and the software pops up a message quot Key validation error quot I check the server and the key is Server Windows USB 2003 itself? disconnects turned off When I reset the machine everything is back normal but in next few days the same situation happens Many people use the software and when the USB key goes down they cannot work I contacted USB key Windows 2003 Server USB disconnects itself? vendor and they never had issue like that Anybody knows any of the questions What could be the reason for such behavior How to fix it permanently How to make a periodical once a day USB port reset turn off and back on Thanks in advance Benio nbsp

A:Windows 2003 Server USB disconnects itself?

You might want to go into your Device manager and right click on the USB key, and check for any "Power Saving options". Your server might be telling it to shut off after so long.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2003-server-usb-disconnects-itself.71517/
Relevancy 52.89%

My office computer runs Windows XP Professional SP see below and I m connected to our new server running Server Essentials For Server from XP Disconnects Windows 2012 the last month or so at every afternoon my Windows XP Disconnects from Server 2012 computer loses its connection to the server I have two programs that access the server and both give me error messages and freeze and I need to restart Windows XP Disconnects from Server 2012 to get back to normal I don t pay much attention to my clock so I m typically on the phone with a customer trying to accomplish something when my system has a meltdown The same error messages come up each time The Security System detected an attempted downgrade attack for server cifs DELLSERVER The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos was quot There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request xc e quot The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server cifs DELLSERVER No authentication protocol was available According to the error logs this happens in the evenings and early mornings too although not every day When it does happen during non-work hours it looks like it s consistently an hour apart AM AM AM etc or PM PM PM The error will show up or times in a row then everything will work fine for several hours I do not have any idea where to start to fix this To my knowledge I m the only one with this issue so I m pretty sure it s a problem specific to my machine As always thanks for your help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon Xpress Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc MH Antivirus Symantec Endpoint Protection Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-disconnects-from-server-2012.1096497/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm having an odd problem with my router giving frequent kicks off of game servers and server-supported software (like Ventrilo or Teamspeak), along with pages not loading all the way or videos not loading fully. This happens frequently, like every 30 minutes or so, but for some reason peer-to-peer supported services (like Skype) and games (like Modern Warfare 2) don't suffer from this and I stay connected on there whenever the problem occurs. Anyone have any clue what is happening? I'll find and post info if needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-server-disconnects-issue.923215/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have an issues with a hp pavillion desktop. I just reinstalled vista home 32 bit and everything loaded just fine open IE and down at bottom left ip address is showing instead of verbal address. It displays internet explorer cannot display the webpage. ive tried diagnose connection problem and it tried to reset netowork adapter with no luck.Reinstalled network card, reset IE browser to default, started in safe mode with networking and still nothing.I pinged yahoo and got 4 recieved 4 sent. I have no errors in device manager. I called Isp provider and they said something is blocking from recieving, i need to take it in to have it fixed. i have 2 other computers on the same network wirelessly working fine, unplugged cable from hp destop and plugged it into other pc and cable is working just fine.
so any ideas or directions would be great.
thx

A:[SOLVED] Cant browse internet but connected to internet.

and welcome to the Forum

What Real Time protection are you using?

Let's try this:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-cant-browse-internet-but-connected-to-internet-595821.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey there,

I recently built a new PC and installed windows 10 as my operating system (some what regretting it at this moment) and i have installed a game called Archeage that worked just fine on windows 7 with no connection issues what so ever. Now with windows 10 as i try to select a server i get disconnected right away with maybe a 1/100 chance of actually connecting to the server.

Is there something i have to configure with windows 10 to allow me to connect to game servers because i find i have a similar issue with Black Ops 3 in terms of connecting to the server.

This is quite frustrating for me and any help in this would be appreciated..

Thanks,
Rhodric

A:Archeage - Disconnects every time i select a server

Trionworlds posted this a while ago regarding Windows 10 compatibility Windows 10 - Our Current Status!!

and also posted this link if you have any Windows 10 Woes.
Trion Worlds Support Center

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/30316-archeage-disconnects-every-time-i-select-server.html
Relevancy 52.46%

HELLO!
Is there a way to increase the streaming cache/time/size (whatever) for port 4000 that I use with my DLNA server or, for EVERYTHING on said machine? It is a storage box
only with DLNA, FTPD, and all drives shared for the house to access with TVs or PCs etc.. Although, only the DLNA is timing out on me after like 3hours or so.

I have searched the Mediamonkey forums etc.. to No-Avail. Gotta be a setting somewhere?
Thanks in advance..
Leda

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7d15cad2-36ca-4bd5-ac2f-ef4f3b05b29e/help-win-7-ult-x64-wdlna-server-it-disconnects-streaming-movies-to-tv-after-a-while?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.46%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 52.03%

My desktop PC connects to my home s network LAN WIRED but will not access the internet We also run a Laptop and another Desktop PC WIRELESSLY and both of those are able to access the internet no problem The icon in the system tray shows the two computers but doesnt have the globe next to it internet not but to Solved: Connected LAN I have tried the following things to resolve it System restore to when I last knew Solved: Connected to LAN but not internet it was working Disabled the NVIDIA nForce Networking controller through Device Manager Uninstalled amp Reinstalled the NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Scanned for hardware changes in Device manager Created a recovery disc but couldn t get through the options I was supplied drives were missing etc etc looked for a Vista Boot disc but can t find one Made sure proxy settings were quot Automatic quot Checked all connections on my cables Restarted the router There were other thing s ive tried but as I ve been trying to fix this for the past hours my brain is a bit fried I m tearing my hair out trying to fix it and I only have limited use of my sisters laptop whilst I find a solution Please help nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello

I'm having trouble with programs and internet connectivity, I recently bought the linksys wrt54g router and for the most part I love it, but some programs seem unable to access the internet and repairing the connection doesn't seem to be having any results, I also run Mozilla, no idea if that has anything to do with it, but what do I know.

Thanks in advance.

A:[SOLVED] not connected to the internet?

Hi Crackerz and welcome to TSF !

What are those programs that can't connect ? If the router's firewall is enabled maybe you need to open the ports used by those programs. Refer to the router's manual.

These links may help :
http://portforward.com/english/route...RT54Gindex.htm
http://portforward.com/english/route...4G/default.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-not-connected-to-the-internet-244056.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I'm on vista32bit with a BT home hub. LAN connectionworks, but there's no internet connectivity. It's not an ISP problem as WiFi internet is working, and it's working oon the two other LAN PCs. I've tried a system restore, and also the netsh thing that you type in cmd but no luck. Any ideas? Thanks

Relevancy 52.03%

Ok so a few days ago my computer just randomly stoped working It says I m connected to the internet but I can t acess any internet pages I ve tried everything I can think of and I even tried comparing my laptop to my dad s but that only succeded in me screwing up his laptop too Bell Canada-Ontario Canada my modem is a seimens speedstream I have a compaq presario v computer with windows XP home edition Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Solved: but..... says connected, Internet Settings Admin gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name your- e b Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List no-domain-set bellcanada Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix no-domain-set bellcanada Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - -A - - - E Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained July PM Lease Expires July PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - - - C-C - Ya i know probably too much information but i Solved: Internet says connected, but..... need all the help I can get nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi it's Tory again I have another problem and its only been a week since i asked for help with No Internet [SOLVED] still connected? but my networking drivers Extra info Well my problem is that I have a foreign wireless adapter to connect to and its made by buffalo [SOLVED] No Internet but still connected? only word in english on the product I use it to connect to the other piece i got with it and that gets internet [SOLVED] No Internet but still connected? from my wireless linksys router which it wont connect too and the linksys router connects to the cable modem Extra info ended The problem when i get right down to it is that one day i get home from school and decide to get on my laptop but it gets no internet it says its connected but gets no internet I looked at its status and it only gets about packet back every min I did nothing to make it do this and i have no idea why it is doing this i tried to use my wired internet and went upstairs but it still doesnt change anything I have just no idea why these things happen and just need help I open to any suggestions that anyone has to offer Sorry if i should have posted this in hardware section but i dont know

A:[SOLVED] No Internet but still connected?

nevermind ill figure it out

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-no-internet-but-still-connected-371568.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I am having trouble connecting to my sky broadband connection wirelessly through my laptop. I recently had to reinstall windows on said laptop and when I tried to enter the key code today, it said it was wrong (even though I knew it wasn't.)
I tried to connect on another laptop and it worked fine (this laptop having already been connected previously).
So I tied to create a new key code. At first it didn't work and then it said that I have a local connection only and that the router is unidentified. On the other laptop (windows 7) it says there was a possible network security key mismatch.
I know I can connect to the internet as my router appears to be on and I am on the internet on my desktop using it so I am a bit unsure as to what has gone wrong.
Any help would be great.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hey ALL !
I have a Dell Dimension 3100,SP3,Windows XP.
This computer had a bunch of viruses but has been cleaned and had a HijackThis log cleared.
I can NOT for the life of me, get this computer to go online !It says connected with 100mbps. I have Internet Explorer and FireFox 3 but niether will go on line. When I try to go to any page, all I get is " PAGE NOT FOUND", or "Internet explorer cannot display the webpage".
I need help because this computer is used in a small business and that business depends on getting on the net. HELP!
I will do what it takes, work with me please. I will ping what needs pinged and check what needs checked !

A:Solved: connected but NO internet - LAN

Did you checked in safe mode with networking? Sometimes it happens that a third party program may block access in normal mode.
Try to ping 127.0.0.1
if not able to ping then tcp/ip stack is corrupted
use the following article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

try to ping the ip address of the machine
then try to ping default gateway

you can also try winsock fix through
netsh winsock reset

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-but-no-internet-lan.735236/
Relevancy 52.03%

My PC is connected with an ethernet cable into a wireless router, and windows says I am connected with internet access, but I cannot load any pages. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 52.03%

I've worked on 2 PCs recently - both with similar problems.

Both on Cable networks (different providers). PC hard wired to router via ethernet. Laptop connected wirelessly. Laptops in both situations connect to internet no problems. PCs show as connected on network connections - will update anti-virus no problems - but will not connect via browsers. (IE7/Firefox and Google Chrome)

Have pinged localhost/run Ipconfig /all..pinged router - all with satis. replies

Have gone into static and dynamic settings - with and without auto detect.

Have reset Winsock and TCP/IP stacks.

Have ticked and unticked TCP/IP filtering

Have reset routers and changed ethernet cable connections on router.

Still cannot get onto Web

What am i missing? I am not in front of PCs - so can't show any info. Should be able to answer any queries though....

Relevancy 51.6%

Good afternoon all I'm having (without can't server drive Network reboot) reconnect and disconnects the following problem with some PCs on a domain at work and the quot official quot admin is a bit puzzled too let alone me the quot unofficial quot local admin - The scenario there are a few PCs with either Windows Pro or XP Pro with networked drives which point to a Windows Pro PC acting as a server We can get these networked drives working nicely then without Network drive disconnects and can't reconnect (without server reboot) warning the quot client quot machine drops it's connection and we can't reconnect the network drive without rebooting the quot server quot A message comes up something like quot the network drive is already in use quot The admin is Network drive disconnects and can't reconnect (without server reboot) puzzled because Windows Pro can support concurrent network connections or so we believe and when we run quot netstat quot on the quot server quot there aren't anything like connections maybe but not Has anyone got any ideas I can try Thanks in advance Roger V

A:Network drive disconnects and can't reconnect (without server reboot)

Any ideas? This is driving me a bit nuts. :-)
Thanks in advance,
Roger V

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335226-network-drive-disconnects-cant-reconnect-without-server-reboot.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello all I m new here and having an annoying problem I currently have computers internet... connected browse can't but is Solved: LAN in my home PCs and laptop and all three are wired with Ethernet cords The PC s are Solved: LAN is connected but can't browse internet... not the problem the laptop is Day before yesterday I was able to connect to the internet with the laptop now yesterday and unfortunately today Solved: LAN is connected but can't browse internet... I am having the same trouble I spoke with my DSL provider and all is good on that end and the router NetgearDGN is working well because there is no problem with the laptops The tech for my DSL provider said it sounded like it was an ip configuration prob But since it s a third party product he couldn t help me no problem LOL and I ve been on hold for C S for netgear for quite a long time I prefer getting my info this way because I can grasp the info a lot better and in the unlikely event I have this problem again I have C P d the info from ipconfig and ipconfig all below Also I am running WindowsXP if I ve forgotten anything don t hesitate to ask and I will provide any other stuff necessary Thanks again MeMe Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Michelle gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Michelle gt Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Michelle gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name mobilememe Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description SiS -Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - - -E - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday January AM Lease Expires Saturday January AM nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,
I have been having problems with my wireless for a while now.
My first problem was that when i tried to connect to the network it just kept saying Acquiring Network Address on the laptop.
I rang up my provider (telewest) they ran me through a few things. Now i have another problem it says i am connected to the network but the actual internet will not work it keeps saying Page cannot be displayed, i got told to run Ping on run and they told me that the internet is working fine because it sent and received, but the internet will not work. Any ideas?

Relevancy 51.17%

I recently bought my new Alienware laptop M14x R2 and it connects to the wifi but internet speed is VERY slow, the other computers in my house work just fine. I have the exact same problem as mentioned in this thread: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1062805-connected-but-no-internet.html

I am running windows 7 64 bit and the wireless card is intel centerino n-2230

A:Solved: Internet won't work, even though its connected!

as you will have seen from the post you linked to - we need a few pieces of information and there have been other suggestions on the post

so have you updated the driver ?
can you post an ipconfig /all - ping tests and an xirrus screen shot

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

For Windows 8
to open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connection exists without DNS.
these tests then confirm if there is a dns issue on the connection.Click to expand...

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspec... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-wont-work-even-though-its-connected.1074758/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, Recently i started to have trouble with my computer programs. All my softwares can't connect to internet (my internet connection works perfect), due to which i can't install or update any programs.

Only microsoft based softwares work fine like internet explorer and windows update but none other software is allowed to use internet, it gives me error about firewall but i dont have any firewall installed nor any antivirus.
I think it started after i scanned my computer with registry cleaner and repaired and deleted some registries that the software said were corrupt or non functional.

i dont use router.
any help would be appreciated. Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Can't use mozilla while i'm connected to internet

Try a "System Restore" to a date prior to using the registry cleaner. These programs are apt to cause trouble! See the pertinent "Announcement" at the head of the Threads list. Below is more info from another well recognized "help" site.

{redoak}

Advice and Info re Registry 'cleaners'- excerpts from TSG, 10-07

The main reason they are apt to cause problems is because the cleaners do NOT just clean up stuff left over from uninstalls. They also "guess" that other items need to be deleted, many times incorrectly. They also attempt to "fix" references to files that no longer exist.

As a result, you can end up with programs that no longer work, functions that no longer work and in some cases a PC that will no longer boot.

There is no performance gains to be had by running these things. Windows does not read the entire registry when it is looking for something. It uses the keys which allow them to go straight to the item that they are looking for.

References:
http://www.edbott.com/weblog/?p=643
http://www.computerhope.com/registry.htm
If you really want to see how active the registry is in your normal running environment, download and run Regmon.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/s.../bb896652.aspx

As you will see, the registry is constantly being accessed. If, for each of these, the entire file was being searched, your PC would be amazingly slow and not responsive.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry I am unable to cite and give credit to the authors.

{redoak}

Another reference: http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cant-use-mozilla-while-im-connected-to-internet-300249.html
Relevancy 51.17%

OK I have been pouring is connected, Wireless internet Solved: not over forum after forum Either I missed it or there is nothing around that fits my problem I am able to connect to the internet through a laptop and a desktop but not my own desktop According to the computer I am connected to the router with Solved: Wireless connected, internet is not a good signal I am sending and receiving packets not as fast as normal but still sending and receiving I can t connect to any messenger or anything through IE I run cmd for prompt and I can ping any website IP address and my router without any problems Recently my computer was attacked and I was able to clean it up using this sites forums In the process of cleaning the computer most services were automaticaly turned to disabled I have gone through and reset them to what I believe they were to begin with I still have no luck actualy getting on the internet It will probably be suggested to run hijack this so I am including a copy of that report in my initial thread Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Firewall ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient acachsrv exe C Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient acautoup exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Communication Foundation infocard exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system lxbxcoms exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Firewall SymSPort exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO MSVPS System - C F DBBD- A C- B - DA- FE DBB - C WINDOWS bndsrwgo dll O - Toolbar The netadv - F B - C C- -BD -BCDD C FBE - C WINDOWS netadv dll file missing O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O -... Read more

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Dell Latitude 520 with a netgear wireless router. I am showing a very good signal and that I am connected yet I can not use the internet.

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Compaq Presario X1000 Notebook. It has an Intel Pro/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adaptor. When I hold my mouse over the wireless icon in the system tray it says that I have Speed 11.0 Mbps; Signal Strength: Very Good or Excellent; Status: Connected. But when I click on the internet, I get the page that says nothing can be found. When I double click on the system tray icon it tells me that I am sending packets but receiving none. Help, please!!??!!??

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I am using a Dell Latitude D810 and connected via ethernet cable to my cable modem. The network settings say that I am connected to the internet with 100 Mbps. In the Local Area Connections Status, I have an address type, IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway. However, despite all having the connection and IP address, I am unable to connect to the internet. I can log onto my modem's IP address settings page to see that everything is said to be working fine. Still no internet access to through mozilla or internet explorer or any other application requiring access. If anyone has had a similar issue or knows what to do, please let me know. Also, all firewall settings are turned off. I suspect there is something installed on my computer blocking me from getting on the internet. Please let me know.

Thanks
Rob

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a HP laptop that is running on Windows 7. Up until a few weeks ago the internet was working fine, but all of a sudden it stopped. The built-in WIFI says it's connected to the internet and when I try to repair it just says "problem could not be found." All the other computers in the house work (I'm currently on one of them). Also, when I bring it to my friends house, my laptop is still the only one that doesn't work

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me, I'm pretty bummed because this is the laptop I use for school.

Relevancy 51.17%

My computer constantly fluctuates between being connected to the wireless network internet and quot connected with limited access quot in which I cannot access the internet I am then forced to disconnect and reconnect I then have - minutes before it drops back to limited connectivity I have Vista and have tried the DchpConnDisable fix that microsoft put out http support microsoft com kb en-us This did not work I have since deleted that fix and the registry is back to where it originally was I know it is a problem only with my laptop and not the router modem with ATT Uverse as my wife s laptop does not have this problem Below is my ipconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Jeremy gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jeremy-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FA-B -EC- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday May PM Lease Expires Thursday May AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A- -B - - -FA-B -EC- C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - E- - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ms comcast net Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - F- - D-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D A -D A Solved: Cannot stay connected to internet - C-AC - BBF br ED Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description isatap gateway wire net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Solved: Cannot stay connected to internet Description isatap hsd ms comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot stay connected to internet

Make sure you have the latest Intel wireless driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site. If you already have the latest driver use Device Manager to uninstall it; reboot and let Windows discover the adapter and reinstall the driver.

What security applications do you have on the machine?

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-stay-connected-to-internet.996197/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have three computers all on one network, in the same workgroup. Two, one laptop running vista and a desktop running xp, are connected wirelessly and another desktop running vista is connected via ethernet. All three computers are connected to the network and have full access to eachother's folders printers, etc... but my xp desktop cannot connect to the internet. I know its not a firewall problem because I've tried disable my firewall with no luck. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

Relevancy 51.17%

Help!

My Dell desktop (XP) won't connect to the Internet. The connection icon in the system tray says it's connected at 100.0 Mbps (I'm on Verizon FIOS; connected with the Ethernet cable, not wireless)...and my Yahoo Messenger account signs in just fine and notifies me when I have a new email message...but when I try to open up IE, I get the old "Internet explorer cannot display the webpage" message. When I right-click on the connection icon in the system tray and select "Status", it consistently shows that I am sending ~500 packets and receiving ~400 packets.

I've tried disabling the Windows firewall, but that hasn't changed anything. I've reset the WINSOCK & TCP/IP settings and rebooted, but that hasn't changed anything. I've tried rebooting the FIOS modem/router down in the garage, but nothing.

Any idea what's happening?????

Relevancy 51.17%

I moved about a week ago,disconnected my PC and set it aside until I finished moving.
Got everything set back up, using SBC DSL, same as before.
My connection info show everything is working fine, but I don't get a web page, no home page..nothing.. modem shows all lights working. I set up my laptop to the same modem, same RJ45, it works just great.
Running Windows XP Home on both systems.
The desk top was working just fine until this recent move.
SBC tech support was of no help to me. They say its a problem with my PC.
I tried a new NIC card, didn't do any good.
Has this happened to anyone else out there???

Relevancy 51.17%

There was a lot of no internet but Wifi-Connected Solved: great help with my last issue here It seems Windstream solves one problem and two more appear After a two day outage at the beginning of the week I was restored and thought all was well My desktop is Solved: Wifi-Connected but no internet wired and Solved: Wifi-Connected but no internet was finally working well My wife came home from work and couldn t get online Her desktop is wireless I monkeyed around trying to reinstall the network adapter and a bunch of things The error was quot Connected-no internet access quot It also affected my tablet and wifi enabled phone from Republic wireless I was able to get the desktop working by changing the TCP IP settings but the phone and tablet won t work and I can t figure out how to configure these settings on them I have an Asus Android tablet and a Motorola Defy phone The phone is more critical of the two The message on my phone is quot Wifi calling disabled-click to configure quot I have entered the password several times but I can t figure out how to change the real settings like I did on the desktop It turns out my Wifi printer doesn t work either Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

My other computer has Internet connection but I cannot browse or sign in to Msn browse Connected cannot but Solved: Internet to or Yahoo etc But I can update I went to Msn s connection troubleshooter and it indicates that my Default Gateway DNS and Keyport have problems I ve searched all over the Solved: Connected to Internet but cannot browse internet but Solved: Connected to Internet but cannot browse still no luck which made me decide to join the forums This is my ipconfig there is one thing that I noticed which is that unlike this computer where I bolded red there is no nd address only the first address which is Also it is a wired connection Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Alex gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Alex-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - A- - -C -D DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f e b f df c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A FFDC - C - -AF - E FB br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello ive got a d-link air extremeG
im trying to connect wirelessly to a sympatico speedstream wireless router/modem.

-when I go on Wireless network connection status/properties/general/ then on internet protocol(tcp/ip) the click on properties. Here I enter a custom IP and dns server it will say that the signal is strong and that my connection is very good but if I try to go on the internet it gives me (the page cannot be displayed)

-if I got back to the internet protocol(tcp/ip) properties and choose to select the ip address and dns server address automatically.It says that my signal is strong but that my connection is limited or not connected.

What should I do to fix this problem? please help!!!

Relevancy 51.17%

Happy Holidays

i am running a dell dimension 8200, 768MB ram, 2.0Gig pent4, IP is comcast cable, RCA digital cabe modem, linksys wireless router wrt54gs, NIC is realtek RTL8139 pci fast ethernet.

i had to move some furniture so i unplugged everything. previously connected was the dell desktop (wired) , a compaq presario laptop (wireless), & a dell laptop (wireless). when i plugged everything back in, i lost internet connection (is now working thru cable modem only). i reset the router back to factory settings, followed instructions, no connection. tried everything (repair connection, etc), scoured forum for info, no luck; can't figure it out. attached is copy of ip config /all. hope you can find an answer . thank you very much.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hey everyone I ve tried numerous websites and none seem to Internet, Connect Connected?! Am to But Can't I I the Solved: kow the answer Solved: I Can't Connect to the Internet, But I Am Connected?! to my problem I hope you can help me otherwise I m going to have to call in a service The problem I can not connect to the internet It doesn t work In the bottom right hand corner where it shows that you are connected it shows that I m not Yet if I click quot Connect or Disconnect to networks quot it shows that I m connected but with limited access If I disconnect and try reconnecting it just says that it is taking longer than usual and fails - but it then says that it is connected Cause This all started out with Xbox Live I got my up and running with Live yesterday after a long process of bridging my connection etc I played for a while went to bed and woke up It had just stopped working When I test the connection it looks like this Xbox - - - - - Network - - - - - Computer - - - - - Internet - - - - - Live And as it shows that it s testing the connection to the network it fails Like I said this didn t happen yesterday Now a uncle of mine who is a PC wizard came round and fiddled with my connection properties I m not even sure if he did anything Now my laptop which is what my Xbox is connected to through an ethernet cable which is wireless will not connect The thing is downstairs I have the main computer It wasn t working for hours before my friend fiddled around with my laptop Now it is I m using it to write this I m using Vista on my laptop XP on my computer My Xbox is connected to my laptop via an ethernet cable to save the best part of It started out as the Xbox wouldn t connect now it s just messed up My uncle has no idea what is wrong and is completely puzzled Any help is appreciated greatly nbsp

A:Solved: I Can't Connect to the Internet, But I Am Connected?!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-cant-connect-to-the-internet-but-i-am-connected.802909/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,
I just got a new hp Mini 210-1010NR. A few days ago my internet was working fine on it. My modem is fine and both it and my laptop shows that it is connected. But when I get onto Internet Explorer it shows the error 'Internet Explorer cannot display webpage.' I also try to connect through google chrome and it says 'error 10'. I can still connect using hp quick web and when I log in using safe mode. I also have a computer, on which my internet works fine using the same modem. Whats wrong with my laptop's internet? Can you please help me?

Sincerely,

Jalissa

Relevancy 51.17%

hi, i am having issues with one of my computers not connecting to the internet. I am conneceted to my network but no internet, while my other pc and laptop still connected through the router. i have tried all the steps in windows network diagnostic with no luck, i have tried removing wireless adapter and running a cable from router, and also straight from the modem, Im out of ideas to try. can anyone help me please ? thanks.

Relevancy 51.17%

For the past few weeks I have had a series of random internet troubles all with the same symptoms These symptoms have persisted through a reformat and also a new NIC card Here are the specifics I boot up into my account on windows xp having the ethernet cable plugged into my Linksys network card the whole time It s in a PCI slot if that will help work will Solved: not Internet yet Connected It shows full connectivity and my internet IP address subnet DNS etc when I do ipconfig It does not give me an ip address of xx but an actual IP address from the dreaded road runner ISP Note the router cable is not the issue as I have been able to plug in my mother s laptop right to the cable and it worked without a hitch Though all information appears perfect in the ipconfig menu the computer still will not load Solved: Connected yet Internet will not work any websites in IE Firefox ping any ips websites or allow me to access the internet in any form I do not always have this issue Most of the time my internet network works fine without an issue this seems to be sparatic Another thing that happens sometimes during this Solved: Connected yet Internet will not work issue is I will perform the quot ipconfig release quot and quot ipconfig renew quot commands to attempt to clear any issue with the current IP even though it may appear as it should then it may re-assign me to a xx address Now when I am on one of the xx addresses I can access my router page setup at but when I m on of the other working internet IPs that my computer gets assigned I cannot I have tried booting up with all firewalls off i uninstalled zone alarm i booted in safe mode It still will not function though showing valid ipconfig information Note this is not even a week old XP SP format updated fully through the windows updates and protected by an up to date NOD antivirus I was also running an up to date copy of Zone Alarm Pro until I began having this problem again today I hope the information I ve provided will be enough to help diagnose why I cannot reach the internet on my PC even though ipconfig shows nothing wrong If you need more information to help me figure out how to remedy this problem PLEASE ask I really would like to get this solved ASAP Thank you - Nate B Also I m not sure if I ve stated it this way above but the ipconfig information when the internet will NOT work is usually EXACTLY the same as when the internet WILL work SYSTEM SPECS Processor AMD Athlon Hard Drive Samsung Video BFG GeForce AGP x RAM gig PC Corsair Sound Creative Labs SoundBlaster X-Fi Platinum Network Card Linksys LNETX v PSU w OS Microsoft Windows XP SP nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I ve got a Windows laptop which is connecting to the internet but not showing any web pages Back story My ISP was due to upgrade local UK exchanges On the appointed day they didn t but all my computers PCs laptops to web Connected pages no but Solved: internet though technically connected to the internet failed to show web pages They were incredibly helpful but baffled I appeared to be working my way up the chain of command They ruled out any changes happenning at their end - said that nothing had happened at all It appeared therefore to be a coincidence After two days of constant phone calls etc and then a few days gap a support guy solved the problem By this time I d already bought a new router tried two others out from a friend but they didn Solved: Connected to internet but no web pages t work By writing in the DNS of the ISP in the router setup we got everything online again Except for this one laptop which shows nothing in Firefox or IE The other Solved: Connected to internet but no web pages laptop and the two PCs are all running Win XP I know there s a command line command that ends in txt that will give details of what s going on I can t find the piece of paper with it written down but unfortunately on this laptop Compaq Armada there s no backslash - the backslash key doesn t output a backslash and I can t find any keys that do I m guessing the first thing I need then is this command and the second thing is some way to output a backslash here s hoping nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I am using an Acer Aspire - which currently runs on windows vista basic it recognizes that i am connected by lan but when i try to access the internet the pages can not load i can ping the acer here are the results after i ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users lee gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration internet to does but the Solved: lan not connect connected Host Name lee-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR G Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - D-BE- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - -F -F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a f c d c Solved: lan connected but does not connect to the internet Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday July PM Lease Expires Sunday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f b f f fb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DA D-CA - -A AD- B EE br CC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CBE F -ABBA- CCD-A D-E DAE br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I have also re-installed my internet browser and all were failed attempts does anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to how to reconnect my computer to the internet any ideas are greatly appreciated thank you nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I am working on an E-machine w Windows XP On complaints of slow internet connection w Cable Modem I cleared out all the temp internet files and caches and downloaded Mozilla Firefox for browsing instead of IEprovided by Yahoo thats what IE said at the top Windows was up to date and Windows firewall was turned on I added Mozilla Firefox to the exceptions on Windows firewall and everything seemed Solved: internet LAN connected/no access great I restarted the computer many times Solved: LAN connected/no internet access no problems days later there is no internet connection I reset the modem and I checked and the LAN connection says its connected but neither browser will access the net I rechecked the firewall even turned it off w no success Norton Antivirus is running on the machine but I don t believe it has a firewall the TCP IP properties are all set to find IP addresses automatically Tried to repair connection to no avail Not sure what to do next Thanks for any help sincerely Yonce nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all So I ve been having a really troubling and confusing issue that s got me and every tech person I ve had look at my laptop totally stumped Broadcasting to the far reaches of the net hoping someone will be able to help or at least identify the problem My laptop Compaq Presario A running Windows Vista bought in absolutely no issues until now will NOT connect to the internet at to despite internet No being Solved: connected network my house no matter how hard I try Here s the rundown -No connectivity problems whatsoever at school Starbucks wifi or at home Could access network and internet just fine wirelessly -Last tuesday Shaw came to Solved: No internet despite being connected to network install a new router and modem as we were getting really spotty service This gave us a new SSID and password etc -My laptop would connect to the new network just fine but would NOT connect to the internet I was getting the unidentified network local only message in network and sharing center All other laptops and devices including my android phone and Ipad connected no problem and were enjoying internet connectivity and yet my laptop won t even PING google -It connected FABULOUSLY at school only hours prior also a secure connection -Called Shaw tech support spent hours on the phone with the guy and did the remote screen access thing While doing so he deleted my stored remembered networks in hopes that that would fix the problem After hours on the phone and doing ipconfig release renew resetting the channels on the network trying the winsoc reset thing or whatever downloading the reliable multicast protocal uninstalling and reinstalling the Atheros drivers we got absolutely nowhere He suggested a system restore and called it a day -System restore for days prior got me nowhere -I CAN get internet connectivity if I wire it directly with an ethernet cable -I went to school the next day and though it had worked the day before because the Shaw tech had deleted the saved connection for school I had to reconnect there-same story-connected to network no internet Note that when I try to connect to a new now unremembered network windows connects but does not ask me which network type I would like to define it as public private etc The option does not pop up -WEIRDLY ENOUGH I COULD GET INTERNET AT STARBUCKS THE NEXT DAY starbucks has an unsecured connection by the way I feel like this is significant -Final step I restored the computer to factory defaults-wiped everything I did the f -repair computer thing because the future shop computer guy suggested that He said it was probably a hardware issue with the wireless card which is internal by the way it s not removeable or on a USB if that didn t fix it So I m pretty much resigned that my laptop is dunzo but I just want to know what the problem is before I go buy a new one Why does it still work at starbucks if it s the wireless card WHY WOULD THIS HAPPEN SO SUDDENLY I just want to be justified in buying a new one Hopefully someone can help I m tearing my hair out ipconfig in case it helps Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe dc b f d c IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address d c a f ffef Link-local IPv Address fe a f ffef Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I've been using Mozilla Firefox for the past 2-3 years and since hadn't touched Internet Explorer. However, I'm creating an account to play Lord of the Rings Online. I got an error saying "the underlying connection was closed; unable to connect to the remote server.

So I asked on their forums and they told me I had to make sure Internet Explorer wasn't in offline mode. Which it wasn't. I also checked and it wasn't behind any firewalls. It was Internet Explorer 6. So I downloaded IE 8 from Microsoft.

However, it doesn't pick up my internet connection through my router like Firefox does. Firefox did it automatically. I've tried going in and setting it up manually but I'm getting confused on how to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. - I know it's not my router or connection 'cause Firefox works flawlessly.

A:Solved: Help Getting Internet Explorer 8 Connected

Try to Reset IE8 to Installation Defaults, see if that helps.

In addition, under the Options, Connections tab, make sure NO proxy is selected, and under the LAN tab, uncheck everything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-getting-internet-explorer-8-connected.924780/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,
Please i really need someone help. i'm having difficulties with my internet connection.. My internet is plugged in and it says it works. But I can't browse any websites, it's like i didn't have internet. I can play online games, i can go on steam and talk or play online and I could ping in cmd as well. I'm running window 7 64bit.

I have already trying to fix with :

1) reset tcp/ip with netsh thing
2) flush dns
3) uncheck proxy in internet explorer
4) run avira antivirus, malwarebyte, spybot, cccleaner, tuneup utilities
5) try to connect with mozilla, chrome, internet explorer but fail.
5) trying to connected in safe mode with networking but still fail.
none of this solution work

Could anyone help me? I'd appriciate it greatly. I'll give you some of my computer info and if you need more, just ask.

Thanks in advance!.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone Here is my problem at hand I am using rogers rocket mobile internet stick G cell network for internet but I am switching to Rogers Hub same G cell network because its a little cheaper I can browse and access the internet fine with the stick however I cannot browse the internet with the Hub It shows I am connected called Rogers tech support and went through a bunch of tests using the CMD and typing in the specific IP address of websites it will take me to the webpage but if I type in a webaddress to Cannot internet but Browse Connected the Solved: nothing happens So I thought something must be wrong with the Hub itself So we took it to Mom s house and it works fine So we thought it must Solved: Connected to the internet but Cannot Browse have Solved: Connected to the internet but Cannot Browse something to do with the browser settings and that rogers stick has changed settings automatically Has anyone out there had our same issue I tried some of the things listed on posts with regards to this same question unchecking proxy boxes in Lan settings Unistalling Internet Explorer amp re-installing Not sure what to do next please help and if you would list step by step instructions I would be forever greatful nbsp

A:Solved: Connected to the internet but Cannot Browse

and typing in the specific IP address of websites it will take me to the webpage but if I type in a webaddress nothing happens. Click to expand...

That sounds like a DNS issue
Does it work OK with all website IPs
Techguy.org try 209.183.226.152

i will move to networking forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-to-the-internet-but-cannot-browse.921241/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am currently using a Vostro A that will connect to wireless but wont load pages and I have been unable to narrow down the problem I am currently connected to wifi on my smartphone and using an app to tether it to the PC Other laptops are connected to this network and it is working fine Right now it seems like the wireless network connection is not receiving any packets of information I have messed around with the firewall but disabling it still does not change anything This PC did not have any Solved: Connected Internet Wifi No wireless drivers so I had to download them from the DELL website As such they should be correct I have restarted the computer since the drivers were installed any help would be much appreciated Thanks Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings RADIOGRAPHY gt Ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings RADIOGRAPHY gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name RESIDENCE Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Solved: Wifi Connected No Internet Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast E thernet NIC Physical Address - - -E -AF-B Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Ad apter Physical Address - -C - B-B - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday November PM Lease Expires Friday November PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -E - B-A Ethernet adapter PdaNet Broadband Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description PdaNet Broadband Adapter Physical Address - - -BD- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday November PM Lease Expires Friday November PM C Documents and Settings RADIOGRAPHY gt nbsp

A:Solved: Wifi Connected No Internet

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007
Over the last couple of years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

Please post a reply here , and keep us informed of the situation and how you finally resolved the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-connected-no-internet.1078832/
Relevancy 51.17%

A common but frustrating problem When I remove the cable connecting the computer to the router - no internet Internet runs fine otherwise Here is the ipconfig info Could it be the DHCP is off on the wireless and on Local Area Connection Does the Wireless Default gateway need to match the IP address HELP Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Administrator gt IPCONFIG Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS says no but wireless internet!! Solved: connected Suffix Solved: wireless says connected but no internet!! IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Administrator gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name GATEWAY- P Q MI Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address - - B- C- - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address -E -B - E- E- D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday January PM Lease Expires Tuesday January PM C Documents and Settings Administrator gt nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hey I usually automatically connect to my home network when i start my wireless Today however after updating Windows last night I simply could not connect my internet I tried the basic checks router on off browser check and flushed DNS after checking through a few websites No luck yet Posting what I did after doing ipconfig all Host Internet Solved: not Wireless but Connected to Name Hiren Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF- - - F- E DHCP Solved: Connected to Wireless but not Internet Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - - -D - C-AF DHCP Solved: Connected to Wireless but not Internet Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d bce Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FA- - - - B-AA-C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Networ Physical Address - - E- -A - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Solved: Connected to Wireless but not Internet Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - B-AA-C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E - B - DF- - br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E - B - DF- - br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E - B - DF- - br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E- D E- B-ACF - C br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E - B - DF- - br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap - AF- B -A - B A C br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap reliancebroadband co in Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - ... Read more

A:Solved: Connected to Wireless but not Internet

Forgot to add, I use Vista32

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-to-wireless-but-not-internet.969206/