Windows Support Forum

Internet Speed; Fast but as soon as shared, drops down to unusable speed

Q: Internet Speed; Fast but as soon as shared, drops down to unusable speed

Hi; I have a Dynalink router and on plan which I get really nice speeds for me (downloads a few megabytes a second), using Windows XP via ethernet.
However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos, the internet on my Windows XP computer is so slow, web pages can barely open.
Is there anyone to somehow make both of them at least able to both use the internet? What's the problem? Thanks in advance for any help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Internet Speed; Fast but as soon as shared, drops down to unusable speed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Internet Speed; Fast but as soon as shared, drops down to unusable speed

However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos,Click to expand...

sounds like the laptop is hogging all the bandwidth

what speed do you actually have - via www.speedtest.net ?

what happens if the laptop is connected and not streaming videos - it may also have a number of downloads - updates running in the background

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-fast-but-as-soon-as-shared-drops-down-to-unusable-speed.1071015/
Relevancy 96.75%

Hello,

This is my first time when I post here, hope I will give u the info u need to help me.

Affected item:

-Nokia E71 (a modern HSDPA-capable 3G UMTS mobile phone) - self-powered, connected via USB

Symptoms:

After having successfully established an Internet connection, any amount of serious downstream load will result in

* stop of downstream TCP/IP
* the connection "hanging" (which materializes in TCP/IP disconnects due to timeouts later on)

If I try only to open pages, not a serious downstream the connection is ok.

Affected system:

* Windows 7 (64bits) Professional
* Asus M50SA
Note:

If I do the same thing on a Windows XP works fine
If I connect via the Standard Modem over Bluetooth link works again fine(in Windows 7)
I have installed the latest drivers for the usb cable, and I have the Windows 7 system upgraded

Please help me.

Relevancy 95.89%

Last week I have purchased a WD TB Green Drive as well as fast speed slow but write Green 2TB WD read has My speed a non-raid capable raid card Rosewill RC- since my older PC WinXP Celeron D GB RAM does not have SATA ports I have installed fresh drivers form Rosewills website even though they are not needed for non-raid configurations The PC recognized the card right away as well as the My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed HDD The write speeds are as expected however the read speeds are between KB and KB I cannot figure out why the read speeds do not exceed MB I have plugged the HDD as an external drive via USB and the read My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed write speeds are as expected Anyone knows why and how to fix it Update I have tried TB WD green drive -year old and it works as expected Update I have just spoken with Rosewill tech and he said that using PCI card and such a large drive it is expected to be slow Personally I believe it is B S You P S for moderators I have similar thread under storage and networking but it no longer applies as such issue Please delete it nbsp

A:My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed

The Rosewill card's transfer rate is "up to 1.5GB/s." The WD hard drive's is 3.0Gb/s. Perhaps if you set the jumper on the 5-6 pins to activate the 1.5GB/s rate per this instruction: Western Digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-2tb-wd-green-has-fast-write-speed-but-slow-read-speed.152655/
Relevancy 95.89%

I use Windows Vista SP2.I use the latest Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security(updated) and Malwarebytes (updated) and latest version of K9 web protection.I use IE9,Firefox 3.6.16 and Chrome 11.0 beta.I have a download speed of max 190-210 kBps and upload speed of 31-40 kBps.It has been working normally with fast surfing and downloading.Yesterday I saw a weird thing,I usually download through torrents.I saw my downloads are happening,but no sites are opening.Even Google was once or twice opening very slowly.So please tell me what is happening?

A:Extremely slow browsing speed but fast download speed????

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-slow-browsing-speed-but-fast-download-speed.989278/
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi, my problem is that i have low download speed and fast upload speed. My brother have 17 download speed and 16 upload speed on wifi (he have also notebook) and i have download speed 2,5 and upload speed 16. We were trying speedtest.net at the same time. http://www.speedtest.net/result/4038336205.png

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:lenovo U510 low download speed fast upload speed

hi Delian

Thanks for Posting!

try checking these

Change Encryption Support
Right-Click on the Wi-fi signal icon on the lower right corner of the screen, Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
Cick on your Wireless network on the main page.

3. Click on Wireless Properties.4. Click on Security Tab.5. If applicable, change the Encryption type to TKIP and test.

Then check the Speed again.

Let me know your findings
Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-U510-low-download-speed-fast-upload-speed/td-p/1846555
Relevancy 95.46%

I'm now on vacation at my mum, internet connection: 10Mbit/10Mbit, for a couple of months and therefore I have my desktop computer with me. After a couple of minutes downloading at 1,1 MB/s the speed drops below 100 kB/s, and won't return to normal speed until I restart the computer and the same thing happens again. I didn't have this problem at my house, internet connection: 5Mbit/1Mbit, it occurred when I got here. I have also reinstalled windows 7, but no change.
I'm connected to a router, Linksys WRT54GL running DD-WRT v24-sp2, with a Siemens Gigaset usb stick 54. I have restarted, and cleared the router, but no change.
My brother's laptop running vista is fine, full download speed all the way, and on his desktop computer with win 7, full speed there also.

So my download speed drops to 10%, and upload to about 50& after some time.
Any suggestions??

A:Internet speed drops, win 7

Quote: Originally Posted by Mizzhell

I'm now on vacation at my mum, internet connection: 10Mbit/10Mbit, for a couple of months and therefore I have my desktop computer with me. After a couple of minutes downloading at 1,1 MB/s the speed drops below 100 kB/s, and won't return to normal speed until I restart the computer and the same thing happens again. I didn't have this problem at my house, internet connection: 5Mbit/1Mbit, it occurred when I got here. I have also reinstalled windows 7, but no change.
I'm connected to a router, Linksys WRT54GL running DD-WRT v24-sp2, with a Siemens Gigaset usb stick 54. I have restarted, and cleared the router, but no change.
My brother's laptop running vista is fine, full download speed all the way, and on his desktop computer with win 7, full speed there also.

So my download speed drops to 10%, and upload to about 50& after some time.
Any suggestions??

I will bet you are running "homegroup". It has connectivity issues on some mixed systems. You can verify it is the problem by setting up a new network connection using workgroup instead. If it fixes the problem you can disable IPv6 and kill homegroup.

Let us know if you need help with this

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/88623-internet-speed-drops-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi

ok well i rebooted my computer coz of all the problems i was having previously and i am still having the same problem. I tested my internet connection with nothing else running at all and still my speed goes up and then drops right down. Do you think it could possibly have anything to do with the modem itself? Its a Speedtouch 3330

A:Internet speed drops

im sorry but what was the original problem?
what software or website did you visit to test the speed of your connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-drops.446685/
Relevancy 95.03%

Greetings all hope you are doing fine Situation - I have a Mb DSL connection - Speed while downloading a file using Internet Download Manager is between - KB sec - Browsing streaming speed is between - KB sec - Speed while downloading a file using any browser is between - KB sec - Downloaded the TCP Optimizer and applied the Optimal settings Did not solve the issue - Followed the instruction here gt gt http www speedguide net articles w -tweaks- Did not solve the issue - TCP Analyzer is saying that my MTU is but in my router and in my NIC it is - Speed Test in Safe Mode can sometimes yield better results - Tried disabling all start-up items Did not solve the issue My setup OS Windows x NIC Atheros AR AR AR Router SMC WBRA Connection Type Ethernet ----------------------------------------------- Speed Test Results SpeedGuide net TCP Analyzer Results Tested on IP address xx xx proxy Client OS browser Windows Chrome TCP options string c MSS MTU TCP Window NOT multiple of download speed Fast browsing/streaming low speed, MSS RWIN Scaling bits Unscaled RWIN Recommended RWINs BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s MTU Discovery ON TTL Timestamps OFF SACKs ON IP ToS ------------------------------------------------ Thanks nbsp

A:Fast download speed, low browsing/streaming speed

Set the MTU in the router itself to 1492

Analyzer is saying that my MTU is 1460, but in my router and in my NIC it is 1500Click to expand...

the normal value for DSL is 1492, and 1460 is INVALID = = must be a multiple of 8.

Manually set {1472 or 1464} in the router.

The article cited has good info but I would opt for all the defaults.

restore:

netsh int tcp set heuristics enabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

see this article to set SackOpts=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fast-download-speed-low-browsing-streaming-speed.192638/
Relevancy 95.03%

hallo
i have a problem last 1 week.my downloas speed well..but browseing speed slow.i playing online games.watch movie. its soo low its too pain full.i cant under stand why?..i am from srilanka.internet line ADSL.. prolink router..512KB/s line..plz help me.

A:fast download speed but browseing speed slow.

Hi, welcome to this forum!

Please visit this site to measure the real speed of the connection. When done please post the results here.
Internet providers (who gives you the internet) usually make an offer of x speed internet but they only guarantee you to get much less. So the speed might change up and down sometimes. If the internet is still very slow please read the details of your agreement with the internet provider. But first give us the speed results from that site

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190808-fast-download-speed-but-browseing-speed-slow.html
Relevancy 94.17%

recently i have been facing slow speed problems
so every time i log on to my 3com router status page i find that the upload is 256 kbs and download is 32 kbs and it should be 1024 kbs
when i restart the router , the speed jumps to 1024 then an hour or more it sets back to 32 kbs
what can i do ?
is the router defective?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-download-speed-drops.1023424/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi.When I download from the Internet, my speed is like 10-40 Kb/s.My ISP is Globe(Philippines).Here is the Speedtest.net result:I remember, on October 23, 2010, I had a huge download speed, 130-200 Kb/s.My antivirus malfunctioned that time.(Norton 360, cannot open GUI)So I reinstalled a new AV,(Norton Internet Security)but the download speed suddenly drops.Could the AV software be causing problems?Thanks.-Machinery-

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358423/internet-download-speed-drops/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello ....
every time i download something ,the internet speed start very good sometimes its 6 Mb and sometimes its 1 Mb
this is an example :
and after 40 seconds or more its dropped to the half to 50 KB :

this problem is so annoying :'(

driver of network card is updated :
ipconfig /all :
screenshot of xirros :
guys sorry if u want more information about the problem tell me and ill answer quickly . i showed u all the information i know .

and thanks a lot i appreciated so much

A:Why my internet download speed drops to half

no one commented

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/36623-why-my-internet-download-speed-drops-half.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi We recently bought a new LG internet tv Ever since then we have had major issues with our internet Whenever it is turned on the internet speed drops significantly making it near impossible to watch a video online I have read somewhere that this could be due to the TV causing interference with the wifi but the strange thing is it even stops me from going online on my xbox which is connected straight to the router by ethernet cable The effect is so immediate and obvious that I can be streaming netflix on my xbox hear the tv get turned on drops when turned by when connected is ethernet speed Internet on TV even in the other room and instantly get disconnected from live or the video starts trying to buffer forever We don t actually use the internet function on the tv and the problem remains whether it is connected to our router or not The TV is approximately - metres away and a direct line Internet speed drops when TV is turned on even when connected by ethernet from it to the router would go through a wall and a door Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated Apologies in Internet speed drops when TV is turned on even when connected by ethernet advance if I have posted this in the wrong section I wasn t sure where to post it nbsp

A:Internet speed drops when TV is turned on even when connected by ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-drops-when-tv-is-turned-on-even-when-connected-by-ethernet.1110546/
Relevancy 92.02%

Last night at my old place I was able as should be not fast Speed Internet it as to get mbps fine on my desktop with a cat cable running from my modem I have now moved to a new location using a cat e cable and now I am only getting at most mbps when running the speed tests I paid for a mbps connection The strange thing is that when I connect that same cable to my laptop I get close to mbps speeds I haven't made any changes to my desktop I only physically moved it from my old house to my new house I happen to have different NIC on my desktop and they both show similar subpar speeds My first NIC the Internet Speed not as fast as it should be faulty one see the my previous thread here is an Atheros GbE Lan Chip Mbit while the second one which I'm currently using is TEG-PCITXR Mbit I have tried updating the driver with the NIC that I am currently using I am running Win Pro Any ideas on what might be causing the issue

A:Internet Speed not as fast as it should be

If you have a NIC that is not working, then remove it from the computer.
Try the CAT 6 cable and see if it makes a difference.
Did you do the Hard Drive Diagnostics?
Download the ISO image for Seatools, Burn the image to CD using IMGBurn or burn it to a USB Flash drive with SeaFlash all available in my Signature.
Boot off of the newly created media and run the SMART, Short and Long Diagnostic tests on the HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/internet-speed-not-as-fast-as-it-should-be-1125873.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello thank you for taking the time to help me out with this problem A few days ago my internet started really acting up Not the connection to the router the speed would slow dramatically at random points and then come back up to normal speed I could deal with this except for the fact that I run youtube com grimandjakegames a gaming YouTube channel This problem has made me unable to play any online games without the internet connection failing It will run fine for a while but then all of the sudden it just stops and then I'm disconnected from the server I've contacted my ISP but they don't seem to know anything and just had me reset my modem which did nothing The reason I am so confused is because nothing changed from when the internet was working fine to when it wasn't This lead me to believe it was the ISP's problem but maybe some of you could help If you need any more info just reply below when Internet Connection Games Drops Speed Fluctuations. Playing and I will try to help you out as best I can Thanks Hicoga

Relevancy 91.16%

So basically how the title is.

My internet would drop out/freeze. Router doesn't indicate any change in service. I plug my laptop into the modem, and have prime speeds.

Restart the router. Works for awhile.
Reinstalled the firmware manually on the router.
Set the Channel off of "Auto" and put on various options of 9, 10, 11 to avoid clashes with other networks.

Freezes. Now the router indicates there's no connection. Drag the cord out of modem and test. Prime speeds.

Okay, screw this - I went and bought a new router yesterday because, sure, that Belkin one was 2-3 years old. Set it up with same channel settings, etc.
Same.
Freaking.
Thing.

I have a laptop that runs a VPN (for work) that uses it, plus multiple iphones (3) and ipads (2) an AppleTV and a Samsung smart TV.

Like, help me please here.

A:Internet Drops Out, Consistent Speed with Modem, New Router - no solution

OK, but lets solve on thing at a time 1) ignore the VPN at work and let's get the home router stabilized.
The mobile devices are difficult to diagnose, so 2) stick with the PC for now.

Standard questions:

did you update the ethernet & wifi drivers on the PC?
have you looked to ensure your new router has the latest firmware?
*if* you have a DSL connection to the ISP, do you have the line filters on EVERY device connected to the phone line EXCEPT the line to the modem? *MUST HAVE*
Got to get these right first.

THEN, find the MTU that's right for you AT HOME and set that into the new router:

get a command prompt
ping -l 1500 -f 8.8.8.8
as long as you see Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set., reduce the 1500 by 8 and iterate with the new number
:: record the MTU that works for your ISP at home
The router conf page is accessible using your browser and HTTP://your_router_address/
You need the router password
set the new MTU. Also set a new router password and save the settngs.

The wired connection should be solid at this point.

The wifi should also be better, as long as you avoid other stations with the same channel.
I assume you've see the post re inSSIDER for wifi setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-out-consistent-speed-with-modem-new-router-no-solution.212305/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello,
I am teenager with every teenagers problem, slow internet.
Anyway, my family have decided to make a downstairs *work* area (we have a huge house) and i want to make the most of this oppertunity. I want to make a no lag gaming zone/downloading zone!
I am experienced in software and ect. but not internet and modems and plans. the deal with my pearents is that they dont do anything (mostly cause they cant be stuffed) and me and my brother do everything.
What I am looking for is this- a fast internet area (wireless preferbly) with a separate plan and the lot from the rest of the house. Mabye internet at about 10mbps or is that way to much?
U seriously dont know where to begin, please help!

Raggstar

Relevancy 90.3%

Okay so i know this most likely isn t my internet provide i have high speed internet from charter i know they are not the best but more on that later with actually download Internet inconsistent usually sometimes fast; slow speed speeds tested online around - mbps on average i keep my computer pretty clean running smart defrag cleaning the disk anti virus only have programs running in the background that are needed have increased my virtual memory and also use readyboost with a gb flashdrive that i Internet speed usually slow sometimes fast; inconsistent allow to use all the flashdrive memory as quot ram quot memory so i think this has be something below the surface and that i cannot handle on my own i do not Internet speed usually slow sometimes fast; inconsistent think it is my internet provider because i have to roommates that Internet speed usually slow sometimes fast; inconsistent have computers mac and they have no problem usually with the internet when i say usually i mean they have problems sometimes maybe - times weekly where i have problems at least - times a day if you need any other information i willing to provide it or run diagnostics as long as you tell me how please help me i am not a computer idiot i have a decent understanding and could really use some good help thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc U A BSN Antivirus SymantecAntiVirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Internet speed usually slow sometimes fast; inconsistent

To be honest, unless your computer is running very badly it will not have a dramatic effect on the speed of your net connection. With having other people connected to the same internet connection the only way to run accurate speed tests is to ensure they aren't using the connection at the same time for any downloads etc....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-usually-slow-sometimes-fast-inconsistent.1018350/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello I apologize for my terrible English thank you for reading and help me I am using Window Vista DSL Internet My internet for the past week is not good Throughout the whole day my internet fluctuates up and down fluctuates speed all day My DSL download speed always been good I always get KB sec stable speed until last week Internet up fast, fluctuates, very all down and speed drop day suddenly it start to drop from KB sec down to KB sec This is a big change something is definately wrong Internet speed fluctuates, drop very fast, up and down all day I call my Verizon DSL they do a line test on Internet speed fluctuates, drop very fast, up and down all day their side and they say my Modemn recieve good signal also the DSL light on my modemn is always solid so I am sure it recieve good signal I also try update all the drives it say all your drive to up to date and I try unplugging modemn for like hours and plug it back in The Verizon DSL also reset my whole modemn and the problem still persist so it definately not modemn issue I also do a Safe Mode Networking with Verizon I run my computer in Safe Mode Networking and the internet speed still drop dramatically starting from KB s down to KB s Since I am on Safe Mode Networking and this problem still exist it is definately not any software conflict I also scan my computer with numerous of anti-virus Norton mcAfee Kaspersky Housecall Esset including Malwarebyte and lavasoft and found Nothing No virus no spyware Unlikely it is virus issue I have try many different browser and all the same very slow download speed I also do a Pingtest net and I have a F grade it is something wrong I have try IE Chrome and Mozilla all download speed are very slow Also for example when I go to a voice chat room I also get the message say internet is not stable please check your internet connection So all that has rules out now the only option left I can think of is something wrong with my Vista hardware How can I know if something is wrong with my hardware My computer is very hot though and it have some sound like something is running inside Maybe my computer is overheated How to know if the NIC or network card inside my computer is not working correctly My internet so slow right now I am so frusterated any opinion is greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Internet speed fluctuates, drop very fast, up and down all day

suddenly it start to drop from 300kb/sec down to 6kb/secHi -I am sure this is not correct, as Download speed is recorded in Mbps , not Kbps -If the speed was below 6Mbps then it is a major worry, as you would not have very good reception -Even at 6Mbps you should get a reading from SpeedTest. Is the computer Wired to a Modem or is it Wireless when you have these problems ?? Can you plug the computer into the Modem and see if there is better speeds from Verizon to do a full check ??Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465373/internet-speed-fluctuates-drop-very-fast-up-and-down-all-day/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello I apologize for my terrible English thank you for reading and help me I am using Window Vista DSL Internet My internet for the past week is not good Throughout the up day and all fast, down speed Internet fluctuates, very drop whole day my internet fluctuates up and down fluctuates speed all day My DSL download speed always been good I always get KB sec stable speed until last week suddenly it start to drop from KB sec down to KB sec This is a big change something is definately wrong I call my Verizon DSL they do Internet speed fluctuates, drop very fast, up and down all day a line test on their side and they say my Modemn recieve good signal also the DSL light on my modemn is always solid so I am sure it recieve good signal So if nothing is wrong on their side maybe it my computer hardware I also do a Safe Mode Networking with Verizon I run my computer in Safe Mode Networking and the internet speed still drop dramatically starting from KB s down to KB s Since I am on Safe Mode Networking and this problem still exist it is definately not any software conflict I also scan my computer with numerous of anti-virus from Norton mcAfee Kaspersky Housecall Esset including Malwarebyte and lavasoft and found Nothing No virus no spyware Nothing So all that has rules out now the only option left I can think of is something wrong with my Vista hardware How can I know if something is wrong with my hardware Can anyone please hlep me Something is wrong I just cannot figure out what it is Thank you so much

A:Internet speed fluctuates, drop very fast, up and down all day

Hi, I'm pretty sure that vista is not the cause of this problem. Try updating the drivers for your modem/ internet drivers. Have you done the basic unplugging of modem and after 10 seconds going back?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/297526-internet-speed-fluctuates-drop-very-fast-up-down-all-day.html
Relevancy 89.87%

My utorrent has recently been downloading at very low speed (>5Kbps) even the net speed is fast and the no. of seeders and leechers is also very high (600 around) but sometimes it reaches to around 200Kbps
I really need a solution about it

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/383657-utorrent-has-very-low-speed-even-net-speed-fast.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Lenovo T P Win Wireless Connection Slow Loads Internet Fast Speed - Page Router Linksys WRT G I installed Comodo s Firewall and during installation I accepted to install the Secure DNS too Afterward I noticed my web-pages loaded slower than usual They weren t extremely slow but definitely slower than what I ve been accustomed I tried some Fast Internet Speed - Slow Page Loads OPENDNS servers and others to see if it made any difference but it didn t I also went to my router s setup page http so I could manually add the previously mentioned DNS servers I finally decided to revert back to my old DNS list To disable using the Comodo DNS servers I did the following Wireless Fast Internet Speed - Slow Page Loads Network Connection Properties- gt Internet Protocol Ver TCP Fast Internet Speed - Slow Page Loads IPv - gt Properties - gt Select quot Obtain DNS server address automatically quot I also went into to my router s setup page http to set my DNS list to zeros so that I can get back my default ISP s DNS servers However website loading is still sluggish I thought the issue might just be a temporary hiccup from my ISP but my roommate doesn t have these issues We tried a speed test at dslreports com and the results were weird On my laptop the results were Kb s with a ms latency I was ft away from my router His results were Kb s with a ms latency and he was ft away from the router Is the latency a major issue Any ideas or suggestions Thank you nbsp

A:Fast Internet Speed - Slow Page Loads

Problem solved. I uninstalled Comodo's firewall and presto everything is back to normal. Duuuuh ... Gonna stick to Win 7's built-in firewall to work along side my router's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fast-internet-speed-slow-page-loads.976715/
Relevancy 89.01%

Ram: 8gigs DDR3
CPU: i3 3,30
Router: Linksy E900
ISp: Columbus Communications/FLOW
Download Speed : 15mbs(ookla) 2 Upload
Issue:
All browsers download at less than 10kbs from any site( Sites tested from Microsoft, Gigabye,Nvidia)Torrents are the same speed.
Download speed on Steam 50kbs
Download speed on Glyph(Trion Worlds Game client) 1.66mbs
Steps taken:
Ran:
Super Antispyware
Adwarecleaner
Avast anitvirus
Malwarebytes
no results on any
restarted computer modem and router, upgraded Linksy e900 firmware
Contacted ISP no solution and they claim once they are providing the 15mbs thats all they can deal with
Can use some help here please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fast-internet-speed-slow-downloads-on-browsers.1157104/
Relevancy 89.01%

I have two HP Minis amp browsing speed internet HP but Minis-slow fast - DX that are both slow browsing the internet but have very fast internet connection speeds nbsp I have done all the performance tips possible I believe Upgraded RAM to GB on both devices Upgraded wireless adapters to N cards Upgraded HDDs to RPM HP Minis-slow browsing but fast internet speed Adjusted Windows Advanced Settings to Best Performance Ensured all drivers are latest Use Google Chrome all extensions removed hardware eacceleration nbsp disabled latest revision checked cache cleared etc Microsoft Edge is even slower Internet HP Minis-slow browsing but fast internet speed speeds per Speedtest net average about - Mbps download Mbps uploadRun browser with no other open programs apps Tested processors Intel Atoms with Intel Diagnostic Tool all PASS So I've been at a loss why web browsing is so slow Some simpler web pages load okay - seconds while a more graphic intense sight like the nfl nbsp site nbsp or YouTube takes - seconds to load Sometimes even more Even trying to scroll down a page causes buffering to start and the wait can be the same - seconds or more nbsp Is it that these Intel Atom processors simply can't handle the work Perhaps the graphics can't handle the web pages I do notice that the CPUs will max out at when opening Chrome But even when CPU settles down to less than web browsing is still very slow I have other devices with seemingly lesser hardware and they work fine Even devices with g adapters less CPU GHz etc browse normally Why is it that these two Minis are the slow ones nbsp Any help or simply insight is greatly appreciated I'd love to hear if any other Mini owners have no problem with web browsing and perhaps what your set ups are like

A:HP Minis-slow browsing but fast internet speed

Ok, a little weird replying to my own question, but I think I found something that may help others with this issue. I went into Device Manager>Network Adapters>"wireless" (depending upon your adapter)>Properties, then into Advanced using the Advanced tab.My Receive and Transmission Buffer settings were at "256"; I changed them to 512 (max allowed), clicked "OK". I also changed the "AdHoc Mode" to 11n from 11b. I then restarted the Mini 2102. I noticed an immediate web browsing speed increase. I would not call it blazing, but pretty close to what would be "normal" browsing speeds.The "Buffer" settings regulate and limit how much memory the network adapter can use. I noticed a jump in memory usage for Google Chrome, but the overall usage was at max about 60% of the 2GB installed.So far this has been the most dramatic performance increase for web browsing. Even more so  than upgrading the wireless card from "g" to "n:I hope this may help someone else with this issue. Let me know if it does help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Minis-slow-browsing-but-fast-internet-speed/td-p/5792993
Relevancy 88.15%

I ve recently got a new laptop because my old one broke the internet speed on my old one was completely fine but my new laptop is ridiculously slow it barely loads youtube videos or facebook photos and takes a long time to go from page to page i have a wireless connection with virgin broadband paying for mb speed so i dont see why it would run slow all my internet my when slow have why so is flatmates signal speed and is i fast? full flatmates laptops are running as normal and im the closest to the router its a new laptop samsung with an intel core why is my internet speed so slow when i have full signal and flatmates is fast? i processor and windows any help appreciated its so frustrating have an older laptop thats internet speed was faster than a new one ive taken it into and its the same there very slow loading half the time the pages wont ive tried streaming things at like in the morning but same story sometimes it loads sometimes it why is my internet speed so slow when i have full signal and flatmates is fast? doesnt my flatmate in the next room has a perfectly fast running internet connection i have no apps running apart from google chrome nbsp

A:why is my internet speed so slow when i have full signal and flatmates is fast?

How does it work with an ethernet connection?

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver. If it is an integrated adapter get the driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site.

What security application(s)?

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-is-my-internet-speed-so-slow-when-i-have-full-signal-and-flatmates-is-fast.1050270/
Relevancy 88.15%

Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

I just built my first pc, but my internet isn't working properly.

I have a fast internet connection, see speed test above. But I can't download any files via browsers. They start to download and immediately go down to 0 kb/s.

My network is AC 17050 Wireless Dual Band - Drivers are installed and updated. I downloaded the driver from their website after installing the driver from the cd and windows says it's up-to-date.

network card is installed into mb correctly,

I have a strong signal with 144mbps

I have tried everything, nothing seems to work. Can't connect pc to router with wire but shouldn't need to as i'm only in the next room

A:Fast Internet but NO download Speed (new build) no ipv6 connectivity

Welcome to the forum. Is your router set to AC not just n type? You wont get ipv6 as its not generally used so you can disable that with ac you should get 3 gig connection are you using 2 or 5 gigs connection?
See if this tells us anything

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.
Downloading MiniToolBox

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/402071-fast-internet-but-no-download-speed-new-build-no-ipv6-connectivity.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I just bought a new modem to replace the one I am renting from Comcast (Motorola SB6120: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16825122009). I have been using an Encore (EHH-WI-G) 802.11g 54Mbps router.

I got everything hooked up last night and I noticed that when I was hooked up directly to the modem (ethernet), my internet was super fast. When I hooked up the wireless router and accessed the internet through it, my speed was noticeably slower. I used speedtest.net to see what my speeds were like:

Wired to modem: download 50+ Mbps (I don't know how in the world it read this high...I'm not even paying for these speeds from Comcast)

Wireless through router: download only around 5 Mbps

Can someone explain this to me? Is there a setting on my router that is restricting the speed in some way?

A:Internet speed - via wireless router (slow) vs. via modem (fast)

Have you tried downloading files in both wireless & wired what speed did u get in both modes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-speed-via-wireless-router-slow-vs-via-modem-fast.155846/
Relevancy 88.15%

I have two Windows 7 Laptops that connect to a Motorola SURFboard eXtreme cable modem SB6121. Suddenlink (cable provider) recently upgraded our network which gives 50 MPS speeds or more. I can only get 50 MPS when I disable wireless on my laptop and connect with a direct cable. Otherwise I get 20 MPS maximum speed. I borrowed a Windows 8 PC this weekend and was getting 51 MPS speed using wireless through the same modem. Any ideas of what could be causing this issue?

A:Windows 7 internet speed slow on wireless, but fast on wired

Maybe that`s all the wireless card can do, post the exact make and model of the windows 7 laptop and we`ll look into it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/360358-windows-7-internet-speed-slow-wireless-but-fast-wired.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi My internet speed is consistently are Internet Fast Broswers Internet but Slow Speed is fast - mbps but Chrome and IE sometime run slow sometimes For instance I'll be browsing Yahoo fine for a couple minutes but then I'll try to open another tab to do a Google search and the browser will stall for about a Internet Broswers are Slow but Internet Speed is Fast minute before loading that page Or I could click a link on a webpage and the browser will stall and show a blank white page for Internet Broswers are Slow but Internet Speed is Fast a minute Loading the content on a webpage usually takes close to the normal amount of time it just stalls before hand It doesn't happen every time I click something but it happens often enough to be a nuisance Last night I went under settings and did Referesh your PC which is supposed to restore defaults and delete installed apps but the problem is still here EDIT-- Here's an example Everything usually stalls at the same time but not always Just now Gmail stalled for minutes but I was still able to open a new tab and complete a Google search However when I tried opening a new tab and going to Gmail that way that tab stalled too

A:Internet Broswers are Slow but Internet Speed is Fast

I get that too sometimes, it is clearly caused by your computer (and in my case my computer) not your connection. I have ti with chrome but not IE, because i never open IE to check it. I have windos 8 so we have similar experiences in several respects. Mine haven't been as bad as yours lasting only 30 seconds or so at worst. I think this is due to large processes running in task manager and hogging memory/processor capacity. The only things i can advise is to: see if there are any large processes running under the details tab of task manager which should not be running, scan with your antivirus and with malwarebytes (there is a free version)to check that the cause isn't a virus of some sort, see if any startup items can be safely disabled (this can be done from a feature within the program CCleaner from piriform) and try clearing your temp files (CCleaner can also do this) and browsing history along with deleting any junk you have in the recycle bin and deleting old files you no longer need/uninstalling old programs you no longer need. When using CCleaner be VERY CAREFUL not to disable startup items without first verifying they are safe to stop (check google) and NEVER use it's registry tools (anything that attempts to "clean" the registry can damage your system). One other thing that might help you is disbaling add-ons in the browser and making plugins "clcik to play" rather than running automatically, doing this will mean there is less content to load so loading will be faster.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557088/internet-broswers-are-slow-but-internet-speed-is-fast/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi I may be missing something pretty basic here as my tech knowledge is pretty poor I have recently paid my internet provider to increase my connection speed from meg package to meg as I need a faster connection Ive done a speed test and it says that my speed is pretty much what my increased to much speed? but internet dont in speed 4meg change from 1meg see the service provider has promised but when I use the wifi in my place which I used with the original meg connection it doesnt seem any faster at increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? all I thought I d be flying from one website to the next but its not happening that way at all Someone said I should consider buying an aircard to increase my computers ability to recieve more data from the increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? router but then someone else said that is not what an aircard is for Anyway Im stuck and would appreciate any help i could get as at the moment Im paying alot more cash each month for no improvement Thanks in advance for any help Cheers nbsp

A:increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increased-my-internet-speed-from-1meg-to-4meg-but-dont-see-much-change-in-speed.625674/
Relevancy 84.71%

My computer was running just fine til about a week ago. I am on a secure network that was before yielding 1/mb/sec download speeds on wireless router. I have tested the network on my laptop and it still runs just fine, however my desktop has become sluggish, the download speeds are down to 30kb/sec and the search function has been taken over by "searchfastfind.net" that Malware Bytes has failed to find. Today the internet would simply die and not reconnect, or my browser would redirect to dead sites. The CPU on any processes doesn't seem high, but my computer is screaming like it's running several programs at once. I am using Vista, all updates installed that are available and needed.

What would I do to figure out the sort of malware I suspect this to be?

Dell Studio 540S Windows Vista Premium 2 64 bit

A:Suspected Malware (searchfastfind.net) - Ruining Internet Speed and Computer Speed

I ran rkill.exe it found no known programs running, malware still seems to come up empty, but my cpu speed and internet connection are still terrible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371386/suspected-malware-searchfastfindnet-ruining-internet-speed-and-computer-speed/
Relevancy 84.71%

Only had this new pc a few weeks and it is so slow now after 3 blue screen of death crashes that caused this I think, I believe firefox caused. I am not sure how to read dump files to show you details of the BSOD. I am including details of my PC along with the hijack this log, my system is clean though according to antispyware and virus scans.

2GB DDRII RAM
VISTA ULTIMATE 32bit

I installed 64bit before this 32bit one on another partition of this HDD but cannot boot into it anymore at startup because this PC won't let me select it because it does not detect my keyboard in DOS mode for some weird reason.

Hijackthis log is attached file.

A:Snail Speed Pc At Times And Always Slow Internet Speed On Vista Ultimate

I found this helpful information on possible solutions, very familiar with errors on previous Microsoft operating systems. http://www.vandersluijs.nl/content/view/973/96/lang,enI uninstalled one of the suggested updates and so far it is fine, the update was only optional so no security threats. I think it has helped, not certain if it will be like a fresh install because windows is slower than it was two weeks ago. If 3 weeks is best windows can handle for being ready for a new install I may have to go back to Linux. I hope this thread can stay on this forum somewhere to help others follow the link I posted above for possible solutions to this problem, it will save them time and effort trying numerous things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108144/snail-speed-pc-at-times-and-always-slow-internet-speed-on-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 83.42%

Everything Opens up very slow web pages etc I have XP sp It's an HP Pavillion I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could Speed High Computer? Slow Internet, Speed examine my quot HijackThis quot file log below and tell me why is causing my computer to run slow as molassis Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone real soon Berzerker Logfile of High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavemsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/high-speed-internet-slow-speed-computer-189738.html
Relevancy 83.42%

So sometime ago around about the start of November my internet speed dropped out of nowhere and has remained at the constantly lowered speed since then Usually I would have a download speed of mbps however in recent days that s more like mbps When trying a bandwidth test that would usually have been about mbps however that is more like mbps now A way I used to scope what my bandwidth was was using the Formula com website where when you watch a video on it it will tell you your bandwidth rating before hand That as I say has dropped from the mbps to the mbps mentioned This is normally an and Speed Speed Drop Bandwidth Internet Sudden okay speed to do things however whilst my father is using Netflix the internet becomes so slow that it is basically impossible to do anything Normally on my old internet speed it would have not been a problem Now I ve done all the tests that are normally mentioned to Internet Speed and Bandwidth Speed Sudden Drop do as I have been searching for an answer since the Internet Speed and Bandwidth Speed Sudden Drop internet speed tanked It is not a computer specific problem as it is exactly the same on all devices connected to the router I have rung my ISP and they have said that my line should be receiving around mbps as we run on an ADSL connection However doing a line test through the same provider says we should be getting mbps My ISP reports no problems with the line and there has been no change at my end either When the internet suddenly dropped as I say it was a sudden speed decrease it didn t happen over a period of time it literally happened in an instant I was on a BT HomeHub This hub would continuously be disconnecting due to a fault however the internet speed was always at the mbps Bandwidth However around about the th- th of November as I say the internet just dropped but we were still having troubles with the disconnections A BT HomeHub was then upgraded to which has since stopped the disconnections but the speed has remained exactly the same Any advice would be appreciated on this and I thank you for any time that you put into this issue I just hope that it s something that can be resolved I just want to know what has caused it it s one of those things that just shouldn t happen but has and it is mighty frustrating Again thanks Phil nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

Hello how we all doing Good I however am not so good someone told me that ones psychological well being is connected to the state of ones comp Slow computer a declines dl speed/hdwrite 100% goes internet, to speed when CPU using progressively lot of irrtation Obviously this is true But I digress Have an issue with CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines high CPU that only occurs when internet network card is involved This makes my computer laggy According to asus liveupdate application I have the latest drivers for everything I even updated my BIOS through it CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines and it installed in windows somehow I did flash it via floppy or usb I have read that this software is very unreliable and buggy If someone can give a link to where ASUS posts BIOS revision history bugfixes I would appreciate it I can't find it on this link I start OS everything CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines is fine Fire up latest version of chrome my laptop has been connected on and off today and I have google update so it should be this very latest download anything I think anything at least from FTP and CPU load increases as the download speed increases It takes about - seconds for CPU to reach then the download speed decreases I think my comp can't handle that high hd write speed while CPU is If it gets up to MB s megabyte this happens Close dl finished paused CPU goes back down to normal levels of idling which I suspect is unusually high in my case Windows is not very snappy but not all too laggy either I get maxed out to MB s with ubuntu ftp CPU rises dlspeed declines just as described If I close chrome then start again CPU spikes to for half a second Even just opening my computer causes this This made me suspicious that it's simply my laptop that is weak it can't handle high hd write without cpu going bonanas However copying to HD from USBstick gets me a stable MB s with CPU not noteworthy elevated Problem persists with all program under explorer exe in processexplorer closed At one time interrupts went to - system idle was at at one point Processxplorer exe was See attached pictures At one point prcsexplorer said system idle processes is using CPU yet the diagram and systra is on How come Tested again with all eset smart security modules disabled the ones that can be disabled from right click of systray - system idle even as much as at one point Could eset still be root problem anyway I noticed for example one module needs reboot to be disabled Just now I restarted without barely any services and applications internet was not working spike to when opening my comp Also restarted with my normal applications and services cpu spikes to from opening browser and google docs On old stationary also cpu when connect to internet might this just be a switch issue Have a cheap no-name no brand-name simple one On the other hand I tested without switch only my comp connect straight to jacket in wall - problem remained Also same problem occured when I tested my laptop on the librarie s wireless some month ago On fresh install of ubuntu bit with a handful of software installed and no other modifications I get a stable cpu load of - with mb s- mb s from ftp via browser So no decline in dl hd write speed in contrast to W No unnormal elevation of RAM it rests at GB just as before dl started Once dl finished cpu goes to - If I recall correctly issue was there from the very beginning of getting it and the problem persisted after reinstalling windows bit ultimate and only installing a small number of software Note that a couple of months ago the only way to make CPU come down from was to reboot Or manually disconnecting then reconnecting network cable Or disable then enable network card ethernet adapter in device manager Also this impacted OS much more than now windows in general was very very laggy and ope... Read more

A:CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines

Try to update driver for JMicron PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, if already updated then try to roll back the driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cpu-goes-to-100-when-using-internet-dl-speed-hdwrite-speed-progressively-declines-628783.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 81.7%

I've been told before that download speed is independent of how fast your Internet connection is. Is that true?

A:Download Speed v. Internet Connection Speed

Short answer = no. But on the other hand yes. Depends on how you mean the question.

Internet connection speed is defined by download speed and upload speed.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

It's probably an issue of semantics, i.e. what they meant when they said "download". Your "download speed" is dependent on how fast your ISP's download speed, but also how fast the downloading server us uploading the data, be it a file or a web page, or whatever. You can't get something faster than someone is sending it to you, however you can get it slower.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/download-speed-v-internet-connection-speed-686017.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Dear friends

Could you help me figure out why it is that I have trouble browsing in high speed despite the fact that the wireless adapter receives data at 1 Mbps minimum? I haven't been able to watch videos on Youtube, read the news etc because the browser takes ages to load the full page. I checked which applications are connected and they haven't exchanged much data as you can see below:

Excuse my English!

Thank you.

A:Low speed internet despite high speed provided by ISP

Any ideas?
Thank you!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16973-low-speed-internet-despite-high-speed-provided-isp.html
Relevancy 81.7%

hi! i just wanna ask between the difference of the download speed and the internet speed. because i have a 1.5mb connection i tried at speedtest and when i download i always get a 190-200kbps rate. so its not actually 1.5mb in my download speed even my internet speed is 1.5mbps. is there and calculator what should be my connection if i want my download speed like 1mb per second? thank you very much.

A:difference between the download speed and internet speed?

Are you sure you're not getting 190-200KBps? You have to watch because the speed is often stated using different bit rates. When you see 1.5Mbs (lower case b) then it is megabits per second. If you see 190KBs (upper case B) then it's talking kilobytes per second. There are 8 bits in a byte so you really need to multiply the KBs number by 8 to determine the megabits or divide the Mbs number by 8 to determine the megabyte number.

In your case 200KBs multiplied by 8 is 1600Kbs or 1.6Mbs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310087-difference-between-download-speed-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Recently moved house and had installed my internet today, the exact same setup.

Right now the only difference with this setup is that the router is plugged into my laptop, and if anything, it's closer to my computer than it was in the previous house.

My problem is that it randomly goes slow for short periods of time, or in games it lags like crazy. For example while watching youtube it'll shoot up the loading bar fast and then all of a sudden stop, and go really slowly, then back into fast speed over and over.

What can I do to resolve this?

A:Slow speed, fast speed, slow speed.

Go to speedtest.net and see what your download and upload speeds are. Watching a youtube video will use less bandwidth than a game would.

You could also do a tracert to google.com to see if there are any high response times.
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/191565-slow-speed-fast-speed-slow-speed.html
Relevancy 81.27%

When ever I'm transferring something or if hdd is being use by another program. I can't do any else.. It drops the Speed bad. I have a Fresh copy of windows 7 Ultimate. I believe AHCI.. I Ideas would help.. My Hdd is a seagate 1tb 7200rpm

A:HDD Speed Drops?

Quote: Originally Posted by Crazywhitie

When ever I'm transferring something or if hdd is being use by another program. I can't do any else.. It drops the Speed bad. I have a Fresh copy of windows 7 Ultimate. I believe AHCI.. I Ideas would help.. My Hdd is a seagate 1tb 7200rpm

System specs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/147750-hdd-speed-drops.html
Relevancy 80.41%

i got a similar problem, but instead of that my speed drops from 11 to 1 mbps, and my signal strength stays in the same level

regards
bob

Relevancy 80.41%

just today i've noticed something strange happening with my connection speed i guess.
i had to download some software today and noticed while its downloading, the speed drops, then the whole download just stops out of nowhere. so i had to cancel it, and re download it, but again, out of nowhere it stops. i've noticed that with everything i wanted to download. anyone have any idea what the problem might be here?

A:speed drops, then stops

run through this:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...sting-log.html

What is your present infection protection?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/speed-drops-then-stops-164056.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi We bought two new computers at the same time from a local Microcenter Both are the Dell XPS One has more memory space etc Both computers have Windows They are side-by-side at the same desk with a shared monitor mouse and keyboard We ve only had them a few months but right from the start the beefier computer has had problems with the wireless signal They SIgnal Speed Drops Down Way both use the same network We have a router and a booster When I look at the Wireless Network Connection Status for Computer A the one with the SIgnal Speed Drops Way Down lesser memory it always shows a speed of mbps Always But Computer B sometimes shows or Sometimes it shows when I first boot it up then it eventually gets up higher Sometimes it starts at and then goes to as time goes on Usually when I reboot it will go back to but not always These computers obviously have different programs loaded I know zero about wireless connections But I don t want to troubleshoot the router itself because Computer A is working fine It must be something with the setup or what is running on Computer B Does this problem indicate that I have some kind of virus chewing up my bandwidth on Computer B I ve tried to be careful about what I installed but I ll also add that we re using different anti virus programs Computer A has AVG Computer B has Avast Both are the free versions Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated Thanks Susie Oh just read the little info message at the top of this page good place for it BTW so here are the results of the SysInfo utility for the computer with the problem Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc KWVT Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:SIgnal Speed Drops Way Down

I assume that you are talking about the nominal connection speed and not any actual measured performance. Is this correct?

Just from your description I'd guess that one possibility is that the problematic PC does not have the correct driver installed. If the PCs have the same wireless adapter compare/contrast the driver for each.

Another guess is that something is partially or intermittently blocking or interfering with the signal to the problematic PC; for example, maybe the other PC is in the path between router (or "booster") and the problem antenna.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/signal-speed-drops-way-down.1151508/
Relevancy 80.41%

The speed test on my 2 Windows7 machines (PC and netbook) have recently started to show a fine download speed but when measuring upload speed the dial moves up to 400 and then gradually sinks back to zero over the next couple of minutes. It doesn't register any final upload speed. I can upload files to emails up to roughly 200kb but nothing any larger.
However my old laptop with XP has none of these problems. Hard wiring makes no difference and it's not the router, because the XP machine works fine with the same router that uses the Windows7 PC.
I've uninstalled Adobe Flash and re-installed it for the Windows7 machine. No change.
Same problem whether Firefox or IE.
Grateful for any advice...
Thanks

A:Upload speed drops to zero

Is the router a little on the old side? It is rare, but there are some routers that just don't work with Windows 7. I had an old Linksys one in a coworker's home office that needed to be replaced because her computer was upgraded to Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181247-upload-speed-drops-zero.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi I've noticed a problem that when my PC is on the download speed on Wi-Fi drops by about however the up speed stays almost the while 90% drops PC down Wi-Fi turned y on speed is same And in games i see Wi-Fi down speed drops y 90% while PC is turned on occasional stutter that wasn't there before As soon as i turn the PC off the speed comes back to normal Also getting a closing background programs screen when turning off PC with a blank list of applications that need to be closed I have looked at the processes and found that there are double identical processes running which are conhost exe one SYSTEM and the other one NETWORK SERVICE and csrss exe both SYSTEM I googled it and found many topics on different forums saying that its a virus Ran malwarebytes scan and ESET scan both in normal and safe mode and they revealed nothing I am running windows and using malwarebytes and ESET Nod also installed CCleaner as one of the websites recommended while dealing with viruses Note I don't have any P P programs running or anything that could use up my bandwidth

A:Wi-Fi down speed drops y 90% while PC is turned on

ok, so i unplugged network cable from my pc and disabled wi-fi card and took out antennas just in case and its STILL affecting my internet speed when its on. i have no idea whats going on here. i dont even know how to google this. never thought this could be possible. if anyone knows anything about this please help. is my PC possessed by a tech demon? it got to a point that i cant use my teamspeak on other devices while the pc is on because my ping jumps from 8ms to 1800ms. 

i have my doubts about it being a virus or something but if anyone can point me to the right direction where i can get help i would be very grateful

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578692/wi-fi-down-speed-drops-y-90-while-pc-is-turned-on/
Relevancy 80.41%

I am an intermediate computer student. I have deleted all temp internet files and cookies, run all my Norton virus scans and adware scans, tested my dsl speed which is good...I have 1 g ram and the task manager is not showing anything out of the ordinary after rebooting it is still slow...going from site to site takes forever to bring up...where else can I look?

Relevancy 79.55%

I am using a Belkin Wireless Router to get DSL internet from my downstairs computer (the computer i use is upstairs). I've never had any problems with it, but over the past week it has been acting funny. I'll be using the internet, playing an online game, when everything goes to a crawl. I'll check the icon in the task bar, and it says the speed had droppes all the way to 1.0 Mbps. Slowly, it will climb back to normal. Then a while later, drop again. The thing normally hovers between 52.0 Mbps and 48.0 Mbps.

I don't know what the problem is, but I do know it's annoying the hell out of me. Any suggestions?

A:Periodic Drops In Speed With a Router

This is the curse of wireless. They all dip sometimes but down to 1.0 is pretty bad. First, change the channel. If it is a 54G channels 1, 6, and 11 don't overlap so go to one of those first (usually channel ,1 is default) so switch to channel 6 and see what happens (helped me with signal losses). Do you have a 2.4 GHZ wireless phone? They interfere big time with wireless routers because they transmit a stronger signal in the same frequency band. Adjust it's channel too, as far away from the routers as possible or better yet junk it and get a 5.0GHZ phone. Move the router around but upstairs to downstairs is tough regardless signal-wise. Try this before spending more money on goodies like boosters etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/periodic-drops-in-speed-with-a-router.23648/
Relevancy 79.55%

Just recently I started getting a popup message in my icon tray:

"This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port. For a list of available ports, click here."

At the same time I noticed two things:

1) Data transfer from my computer (ThinkPad, WinXP SP2) to my external HD slowed to a crawl. Backing up huge files used to take no time, now it's painfully slow.

2) My USB thumb drive is no longer recognized by my computer. The thumb drive works on other computers just fine.

Another USB device, a wireless mouse, works fine.

Help.

Steve

A:Weird USB problem (drops speed, more)

Do you have 2.0 USB ports?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-usb-problem-drops-speed-more.547669/
Relevancy 79.55%

My first book went 4 months good speed functional loved it. Then DEAD
BB replaced ..then one week after receiving the new unit. Unstable and even though we have 100 mbs speed the book only runs at 7 SEVEN.
Try that on you tube 4K. Hah.
Tried the supposed fix in RegEdit
To nanda. Any clues folks before I depart to Linux,

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441508-wifi-speed-drops-zip-first-week-use.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I have Comcast Cable A few months ago I started having VOIP problems no dial-tone or not able to hear person on the other end About a month ago I started testing the internet speeds and found out I was only getting k at certain periods of the day It usually happens after pm but to 200k cable speed drops I haven cable speed drops to 200k t been able to nail down an exact pattern The proper speed is - k and it tests that way about of the time The upload speed is always k no matter what that cable speed drops to 200k might explain why people on the other end of the phone can hear ME I ve called Comcast several times They run tests and tell me everything looks fine on their end and that my speeds are quite good At first they gave me a laundry-list of things to do like scanning for viruses etc but nothing worked Finally Comcast offered to send a technician out but they charge if it s the customer s fault That s why I m here trying to get some help Right now I have a wireless router and a voip adapter connected to the modem However I ve tested the speed with just the modem alone and the speed is still slow I ve quot power-cycled quot re-booted and all that stuff MANY times I have antivirus and a firewall and I even get these same exact speed issues with Linux so it doesn t appear to be virus or firewall-related I cleared out temporary internet files and I think I reset my IP these are all things Comcast told me to do Nothing I ve tried has helped I did a line test because that seems to be a common request http www dslreports com testhistory cf This computer is a dual-boot XP and Linux nbsp

A:cable speed drops to 200k

Time to call Comcast again, it appears to be their problem!

Run the line quality test a couple more times, I'd like to see more than one result. Keep the printouts of this for the Comcast boys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cable-speed-drops-to-200k.686061/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hope some one can help. I recently changed my mobo to an Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus, ever since my download speeds have slowed. If I change any NIC settings the NIC resets and my speeds are perfect for approx 5 mins & then the speed drops. This occurs with all applications.
I am using a Netgear DG834GT (wirless disabled).
I have tried all negotiation settings.
Disabled my spare NIC in BIOS.
I'm running XP sp2.

A:NIC speed drops after approx 5 mins

Try the "spare" NIC and see if the symptoms are the same.

FWIW, I had to disable the on-board NIC on my ABIT Fatal1ty and use a PCI NIC with Vista, the on-board one didn't function correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nic-speed-drops-after-approx-5-mins.598633/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi everybody, I have been cruising along on my dial up (faster connections not available where I live) connection for months at a consistent 48 kbps to 50.6 kbps on my new machine. Get up one morning and now I am lucky if I can connect at speeds greater than 32.4 kbps. Went back to an artichle I found in SmartComputing (which got me to the 50.6 kbps) and changed the settings.
Well that did not work so I installed a brand new Us Robotisc modem and that connects even slower. However it is a difficult modem to set up.
Deleted the modem (agere V90-92 voice/fax/data) and reinstalled which did nothing.
I then removed the modem and installed it on my W2K Pro machine and it is back to 50.6 kbps. So no I have an XP PRo SP2 machine that crawls on an already slow medium for internet surfing.
Any help I can get would be extremely appreciated)

A:Dial up Speed Drops by 40% overnight

Please keep the problem to one thread only, or else it'll confuse the people trying to help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dial-up-speed-drops-by-40-overnight-181008.html
Relevancy 78.69%

hi,
i have a networking wire between 2 APs. after how much long the connection will be droped.
in other words can i connect 2 APs using a Network wire of lenght 100ft??

thanks
Coure

A:Solved: Long Lan wire drops speed?

Yep, you can actually connect them 100 meters apart.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-long-lan-wire-drops-speed.585866/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi There is hdd's installed to my rig is gb kingston ssd where i run my windows is tb hitachi where i keep my games and other junk is seagates gb laptop speed files 2 between when Copy Hdd's drops to 0 copying hdd The main problem was that sometimes when opening or just clicking some folders freezes the file explorer and it crashes after it so i tought to format the second hdd to make it work better now it seems work ok except for moving files from hdd to another When copying the copy speed just at random point drops to and leaves the hdd to hang and the hdd is dropping Copy speed drops to 0 when copying files between 2 Hdd's to What i have tried I ran hdd regenerator and bad sectors were fixed Also tried to change sata ports That's not much but can't figure anythin else for now and i am starting to suspect that my hdd is gone bad also when downloading mb file from internet it makes same thing but i don't know is it same problem

A:Copy speed drops to 0 when copying files between 2 Hdd's

A lot of folks have been having issues with a particular update, many posts in the sound sub-forum: No Sound- The device is being used by another application

Never mind, somehow I cross-posted here.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/50424-copy-speed-drops-0-when-copying-files-between-2-hdds.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I can connect to the internet and browse but after anywhere from a minute to ten minutes my connection speed drops or i get connected speed drops minutes connection after disconnected all together I only have this problem at school in my dorm It works fine on my wifi at home and in other buildings on campus I know nothing is wrong with my dorm building because my roommate who also uses windows has no problems connecting and staying connected I have talked to the I T dept at school and they didnt help much at all I have run a Malwarebytes full scan and it didnt find anything I have disabled McAfee and the problem still persists I have also changed all settings on my wifi card to the most aggressive possible and disabled all power saving options When i run a diagnostic on my connection while im having problems i generally get one of two errors quot the connection between your access point router or cable modem connection speed drops after minutes connected and the connection speed drops after minutes connected internet is broken quot or quot the default gateway is not available quot If i get the second error it says its been fixed and my connection will speed up again for about another minutes and then the cycle repeats If anyone has any ideas on what it could be please let me know because im pretty good with computers and this has me completely stumped

A:connection speed drops after minutes connected

Hi there,

We can have a look at your signal strength. Please download, install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector.
To run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, double click the Xirrus icon on your Desktop, you may use the Windows 7 snipping tool to crop or Paint by tapping the Print screen key on your keyboard, open up Paint (Click on Start>All Programs>Accessories>Paint) then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then save it and please attach the file on your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/251527-connection-speed-drops-after-minutes-connected.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I just built a system with Windows Home Premium bit with a Gigabyte WP N wireless almost drops Windows 64 7 bit Wireless speed halt, to card When connecting to my router a Netopia the network speed is initially OK kb Wireless speed drops to almost halt, Windows 7 64 bit s but then drops straight to a consistant slow kb s The time it takes for the speed to drop is anything from a few seconds to a few minutes The slow speed stays Wireless speed drops to almost halt, Windows 7 64 bit The odd thing is if I disconnect and reconnect to my router the speed is back to OK till the same thing happens and it suddenly drops again This happen everytime no matter what I do Transfering a file with ftp from the command prompt or some web browsing is enough At first I thought it was the card so I removed it and tried two different USB wifi plugs Sitecom and D-Link Same thing happens I have several other computers running XP with wireless connections to the same router that have never had any problems So I reinstalled Windows thinking perhaps I messed up something I did a clean install with no added drivers Windows installs a driver for the Gigabyte WP N card automatically first thing I do is try to transfer some files with ftp and the speed still drops Windows Update found a newer driver for the card but it made no difference I also tried Gigabyte's own driver Ralink also made no difference I am totally clueless and this is driving me nuts Anyone got any ideas

A:Wireless speed drops to almost halt, Windows 7 64 bit

Have you tried changing channels on your router? You might be getting signal interference from another appliance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/46622-wireless-speed-drops-almost-halt-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 78.69%

If I do a direct connect from my cable modem to my PC my speeds are 1.4Mbps to 2Mbps. But when I hook up my new Belkin router and direct connect the best I get is 750Kbps. (The wireless connection between the router and my computer is just as bad, which is why I started direct-connecting to test everything out.)

This is a NEW Belkin G router with 64bit WEP turned 'on'. (But WEP shouldn't make a difference in my direct-connect speeds, right?)

Any suggestions before I throw this router up on eBay and start over?

A:Cable modem speed drops dramatically when...

Did you reset the router to factory defaults and test it that way with the direct connect? I can't imagine the router having that much effect on wired connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cable-modem-speed-drops-dramatically-when.471345/
Relevancy 77.83%

Story:
Well i have a serious prob here and i hope you guys can help me. I have no one else to turn to after sevral tech visits. But it seems that thay can not and will not be able to fix my cable. I am very pissed that that they cant fix this problem. I would Swich ISPs but there is no other ISP to swich to. If i dont like Mellennium Digital Media i can swich to dial up.

Problem:
Recently i have been having issues with my download speed droping out almost completly and for what i pay a month it is not acceptable.
Some Screenshots that may help...

Test 1
Test 2
Modem Signal
My ISP

http://www.mdm.net/home.htm

A:Download speed drops out for hours daily :( (this is a tuff 1)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-drops-out-for-hours-daily-this-is-a-tuff-1.483077/
Relevancy 77.83%

I am having an odd problem on one of my new laptops. I have a new gateway tablet laptop and am using wireless networking in my home, a linksys wrt54g, the wireless router is pretty close to me and I always show full signal. However, my speed has been dropping from 54Mbps to 24, and sometimes lower, even though I am at full signal.

This does not occur on my other gateway laptop.

If I repair the connection it reconnects me at 54Mbps every time.

Anyone have any troubleshooting tips?

Thanks,
Tyler

Relevancy 77.83%

Hi All Need some help here - my brother got this Desktop built and I believe it is an Asus motherboard build judging by the branded name and devices I can see It used to use the Asus Wifi-ap Solo driver and I noticed that the device is actually a Realtek one and also noticed that the speed drops from the standard mbps down to sometimes mbps or even mbps and then it ramps up to then and so on The router is about - m away in the next room I don t believe it is anything blocking the signal as I can connect with my laptop in the same room with the mbps signal strength I read 54mbp - 5.5Mbp Realtek8187L tp Drops Wifi Speed somewhere here that to try to uninstall the Asus driver lots of complaints on the net forums and re-install the Realtek driver but it still has not worked Any other suggestions I turned off window auto-updates about weeks ago as I had another problem which was resolved Could it be something on windows causing this disruption Cheers all nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Hi all First thanks in advance for the help from anyone and everyone My family bought a new router ASUS RT AC U which on Ethernet is pretty decent It gets Mbps on speedtest net However when I try to go on wifi no matter what network adapter I use the speed never breaks Mbps which is not exactly sufficient and drops even more as I move into my Speed router, HP laptop, on USB ASUS Mercury drops wi-fi, room which is further away and Speed drops on wi-fi, ASUS router, HP laptop, Mercury USB places a concrete wall between my laptop phone tablets Speed drops on wi-fi, ASUS router, HP laptop, Mercury USB and the router We have one quot homeplug quot that routes the network via ethernet through our power sockets but this is reserved for the desktop the speed here is insignificant as the desktop isn't used much My current laptop is the HP envy sleekbook -k tx which supposedly has b g n adapter Also a few other laptops wanted to benefit from the new router and our Mbps internet optic fiber service plan so we purchased a Mercury MW TV usb receiver which detects as a Realtek device RTL SU for some reason thanks China The CD that came along with it does not include a working driver so I just tried out of the top results I could find on the internet I have messed with a lot of settings in vain my internet connection is still ridiculously slow on wi-fi Any advice would be appreciated I am ready to post any additional information should it be required Thanks again in anticipation Your responses will be read with gratitude

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/51058-speed-drops-wi-fi-asus-router-hp-laptop-mercury-usb.html
Relevancy 77.83%

My downloads are fine but when other users try to upload the speed starts high and rapidly drops to zero. Can I fix this?

Relevancy 77.4%

I have a Medion Tablet to draw on. It worked perfectly fine on my parents computer. When I plugged it in, I got an icon on the taskbar near the clock and was able to click it and adjust pen pressure and speed. I brought this back to my dorm and hooked it on my computer. It worked, but the pen speed is too fast! Thing is, I can't find that icon nor can I find it when I click on "My Computer". Can anyone help me on this? I can't draw with this pen moving too quickly.

A:Tablet speed too fast!

Did you install a driver?
That Icon probably isn't native to your PC.
Look in Control Panel. maybe under Mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tablet-speed-too-fast.694287/
Relevancy 77.4%

Good evening everyone,

I was just wondering, when checking the CPU-Z program, why is that when I am in STAMINA mode, my Core Speed is only around 1500Mhz with a Bus Speed of 99.80MHz. Shouldn't my Core Speed by 2.6GHz?

When I am in SPEED mode, my Core Speed goes up to around 3400MHz, with the same Bus Speed. Shouldn't the max Core Speed be 3.60GHz?

I have the Intel i7-3520M Processor.

PS: My DRAM speed is showing 667.5MHz, when my RAM is suppose to be 1333MHz...

A:My CPU Speed is not as fast as advertised!

I'm not very familiar with the power modes of Intel CPUs. I suppose that "stamina" mode is a power saving one. I don't know whether you get the maximum turbo frequency unless one of the CPU cores is disabled.

CPU-Z report the clock frequency of the RAM. DDR (double data rate) transfers data on both leading and falling edges of the clock, so 1333 MHz DDR (DDR, DDR2, or DDR3) has a 667 MHz clock.

I can't answer all your questions, but I guess that your laptop is working as it should.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/273621-my-cpu-speed-not-fast-advertised.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Is it better to have your cpu fan run slow or fast to get better temperature's?.

A:CPU fan speed, better fast or slow?

For one thing, your computer tends to be a little louder when your fan is running full out. As long as your cpu is running at normal specs, I would let it run using the bios or a third party application to control it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/211201-cpu-fan-speed-better-fast-slow.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I doubled my RAM to 753 meg and the playback of cd's and streaming video now sounds like the singing chipmunks. I'm using a Dell Optiplex 249 with Win 2K pro. There is no adjustment in my Windows Media Player 9.

A:playback speed too fast

You could possibly try upgrading to Windows Media Player 11. That might help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/playback-speed-too-fast.553366/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a home network of right now two pcs Both are connected to a Netgear Shared folder speed Solved: wireless router which goes to the cable modem On the office pc I have a Marvel Yukon Gigabit Ethernet port built in Solved: Shared folder speed which allows the bedroom pc Solved: Shared folder speed to Solved: Shared folder speed view and access the office pc s files very quickly However this doesn t seem to work both ways The bedroom pc is older with a Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC Though I don t know if fast would be my adjective of choice so while the office pc can access the bedroom pc s shared files it s excruciatingly slow So my question is this is the speed of the network dictated by the NIC or is it something internal and perhaps therefore harder to make faster In other words could I buy a better NIC for the bedroom pc and have its shared folders be accessed as quickly as the office pc s files Thanks in advance for any help You guys have been great with everything else thus far nbsp

A:Solved: Shared folder speed

The speed of the network is dictated by every component on the network... You have not given me enough information for me to know what the slowest speed would be....

I.E. here is a scenario

Office PC - Gigabit > cable - Cat 5 > Router 10/100 with wireless 11b > Old PC - Wireless 11b

the slow factor in this equation is the wireless 11b that has a max speed of 11 vrs everything else at gigabit and 100 speeds

Now lets switch it around...

Lets say you have
Office PC - Gigabit > cable - Cat 5 > Router Gigabit > cable cat 5E > Old PC - Gigabit

the "slowness" would be (potentialy)with the cat 5 cable on the office PC side.

lets say you have

Office PC - Gigabit > cable - Cat 5E > Router 10/100 > cable -Cat 5E > Old PC - Gigabit

the "slowness" would be in the Router that is only going at a max of 100

Lastly remember that while this is true with hardware things running in the background of any component can also cause a bottleneck. I.E. a router with high utilization, too many people accessing the same information on a single share, a misconfigured network component putting out overhead and so fourth down the line.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-shared-folder-speed.404519/
Relevancy 76.97%

Some of you may recognize this however let me assure you it is not a double post just a very similar model of computer to one that had the same problem for me not even a week ago Unfortunately the BIOS flash located for me by Dave is not available for this computer as the model is ever so slightly different I navigated to the support page for this model and ALAS there is only one BIOS flash and it is not an update just the one I already have Additionally it requires a floppy drive which this computer does not have but apparently came with external ISSUE Clock speed drops from ghz to mhz when video is played unit recovers after video has been stopped a couple minutes This computer is NOT likely to be overheating because clock when speed PCG FRV37, video 334mhz is drops playing to the problem is identical to that of a PCG FRV unit that was solved with a BIOS flash Unit is otherwise functioning perfectly and in lovely shape I have only owned this machine a couple weeks SPECS PCG FRV BIOS R k mb RAM up to available to graphics currently Radeon IGP m Graphics integrated ghz P NOT hyperthreaded Any help would be great I would like to try the BIOS flash even though I don t think it will work if somebody can tell me how to get it PCG FRV37, clock speed drops to 334mhz when video is playing to use a flash drive instead of a floppy or even make it an ISO or slip stream it with XP even goodness I ll reload the OS to fix this if I have to yes the OS is fresh reloaded it when I got it has a recovery PCG FRV37, clock speed drops to 334mhz when video is playing partition nbsp

A:PCG FRV37, clock speed drops to 334mhz when video is playing

Hey guys, just an update:
I tore this computer apart, removed the processor and blew out all the dust checked all the fans etc. It didn't help I'm afraid. I knew it wasn't overheating, but I just had to be sure.

Any ideas? I'm not so much desperate as truly curious.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pcg-frv37-clock-speed-drops-to-334mhz-when-video-is-playing.907286/
Relevancy 76.97%

I m using a belkin modem wireless router When the wireless connection speed is mbps i can surf the web But it often drops to mbps and sometimes even mbps When it does this i cant surf the web Every time this happens i need to repair my connection After that I would be able to surf for a few minutes Then the speed drops again I d have to repeat the same thing over the often unstable.Speed drops Wireless to surf and web. unable connection and over again And my pc which is connected via ethernet connection directly to the modem router works just fine When i called belkin s tech support they asked me to change from WPA to WEP After i did this the problem became worse My laptop cant even connect to the router I dont know whether it s the router or the dsl connection Bcoz i ve used linksys and netgear before and the same problem occurred back then but not as frequent as now So can anyone help me with this problem nbsp

A:Wireless connection unstable.Speed often drops and unable to surf the web.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-unstable-speed-often-drops-and-unable-to-surf-the-web.766109/
Relevancy 76.54%

The American network equipment specialist group Cisco has unveiled a super powerful router. The Cisco CRS-3 is twelve times more powerful than current routers, capable of handling up to 322 terabits of data per second, which, as the American group indicates, is the equivalent of managing video calls for everyone person in China, children included.

Cisco CRS-3: a monster router for the future of Web

My apologies if this is a repost.

A:High speed connection not fast enough, try this...

Cool, just what I need for my home computer system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/70079-high-speed-connection-not-fast-enough-try.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I recently did a fresh reformat on my Gateway T-1620 from Windows Vista to XP. I got all of my drivers just fine and the system seems to run fine, but the only problem is that now my CPU fan seems to kick into high gear almost immediately after turning on the unit. I had to actually remove the plastic piece from underneath the laptop because it would continually overheat and shutdown after about 5-10 minutes of use, even idle use.

I know that when I got my drivers I did get some northbridge drivers that seemed to work fine with the new XP install, but I didn't do anything for my BIOS. I don't know if that would be the problem or not, but do I need to do a BIOS update to fix something like this?

Relevancy 76.54%

I've got a user that everytime they boot their machine, every fan in the chassy spins very fast(thus loud). Right after posting the fans start to slow down, and become stable about the time windows loads.

Specifications:
SuperMicro? intel? Tylersburg 5500/5520 C.S. X8DAi Serverboard
2x Quad-Core Intel? Xeon? E5630 2.53GHz-12MB Shared L3
CoolerMaster 1200W Silent Pro Gold
nVidia, Quadro FX 2000

Any ideas?

A:Startup: Fan Speed (Loud/Fast)

I was about to post a thread about the same thing.
Mine only happens for 5-8sec then it's smooth.
When I turn it off for 5-8 hours and turn it on, i don't hear it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/137455-startup-fan-speed-loud-fast.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Does anyone have information or have used "speed scan" from "finallyfast.com"? According to a recent infomercial it has received high reviews in some of the computer magazines. Thanks for everyone;s input.

A:Finally Fast speed scan

IMO, junk. Looks like just another cleanup utility.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finally-fast-speed-scan.875627/
Relevancy 76.54%

I'm having a problem recently with multiple games, now, where the game will run really fast sporadically, eventually ending up in everything running at like 3x speed from normal. I then reboot the computer and the game runs normally again, for a time. Don't know what exactly is causing it, recently replaced both my video card and hard drive. Didn't happen before those, can't remember if it started before or after my hard drive died. Any help would be appreciated, as this is kind of annoying and in some games, makes the game unplayable for long.

Windows XP SP3
Athlon 3800
3 GB Ram
NVidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti

Edit: Thought it might help if I added which games. Happened in Skyrim and Civilization V.

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi there,
can anyone advise me on how to fix my audio playback problems. Anything I try to view or play sounds like the smurfs.
Any help would be appretiated
Cheers ju

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-playback-speed-is-too-fast.677335/
Relevancy 75.68%

On my new computer the download speed broadband is the crawl of fast 1 speed on on computer Slow download others? Mb sec using speedtest net At the time of test the computer was doing no 'work' I noticed this slowness when downloading a driver update which was at Mb sec Another time when downloading a program it was at Mb sec Now it is a consistent Mbps At the same time Slow download speed on 1 computer fast on others? of the test on three other computers all using the same tester the same ISP the same router the same telephone line in the same house the speed is Mb sec which is the usual speed here The fact that they all use XP and have differing hardware should make no difference I think - if I'm wrong I can supply those details This new computer has a much higher specification than the others but again would this make a difference I have done virus and malware scans Can anyone explain what could be causing this and how I can fix this please I can't think of any other relevant info to include at this point OS XP Pro PC Tools AV Zone Alarm Pro

A:Slow download speed on 1 computer fast on others?

Concentrate on the link between your computer and the router. Replace the cable if it is a wired connection. Use the cable from one of the working systems to test. Also use the same port as one of the fast systems.

If no change, swap the network card or check for updated drivers or chipset drivers if the ethernet connector is on the mainboard
Your router may also have QOS settings that give priority to one or more computers based on ip or MAC address.

Are all the computers wired connections?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304208/slow-download-speed-on-1-computer-fast-on-others/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello
I have a problem with my PC that has been bugging me for a long time.
My web browsing is painfully slow on some sites (SharePoint, sage, office 365, linked in etc. etc.),
But works fine for others (porn sites, YouTube, google search, eBay, Facebook etc. etc.).
It is really annoying as my PC isn?t that old, and isn?t a bad spec.
It?s really frustrating as it makes working a real pain.
Can anyone help please?
I really don?t know how to get this sorted?.
Thanks,
Sean.

A:Slow web browsing, but fast download speed - help!

Hello,

Is this a Home or Work computer since you've mentioned these programs - SharePoint, sage, office 365? Reason I ask, we use SharePoint at work, Sage is an ERP software and so as Office 365.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/293408-slow-web-browsing-but-fast-download-speed-help.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I live in egypt and LinkDSL is my ISP i have a mbps connection and i Speed low ping. Browsing, but Fast Download mainly use it for gaming such as World Of Warcraft Call Of Duty Black Ops Battlefield BC and my ping ms is normally around - but yesterday during a game and all of a sudden it said quot Connection Interrupted quot then the game resumed with ping Fast Browsing, Download Speed but low ping. and since then my ping in all games increased to at least I called my ISP but they said as long as the download speed and browsing speed is normal they cannot identify the problem i have been having it for days now wasting my warcraft subscription however not sure if this will help but here is a tracert from the server i play on lt ms lt ms lt ms Request timed out ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms host- tedata net ms ms ms ms ms ms ae- - ebr Paris Level net ms ms ms ae- - edge Paris Level net ms ms ms telia-level -ge paris Level net ms ms ms prs-bb -link telia net ms ms ms adm-bb -link telia net ms ms ms adm-b -link telia net Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

I ve been having this problem for days now I tests fast Torrents speed slow have a Mbps downstream kbps upstream dsl connection and noticed that webpages were opening noticeably slower and streaming video took ages to load Torrents fast speed tests slow All speed tests I run show that I get around - kbps downstream even though my upstream is normal at around kbps I know it is not my computer or browser since I ve tried the tests on other computers in my house I contacted my isp and they tested my phone line Torrents fast speed tests slow and said it was ok They even changed the modem but it didn t help I tried to connect using my isp s modem with router functionality and also as a bridge with my own router but I get the same results The problem started happening overnight without any changes to any configuration in my home computers or the network Today I noticed that I get much higher speeds almost full bandwidth when downloading torrents but as I said videos take forever to load and all speedtests show a very low downstream speed Anybody know what could be causing this I suspect that it is a problem with my isp perhaps with port but they say that everything shows up as normal on their side nbsp

A:Torrents fast speed tests slow

DSL has issues with speed. I use to have 1.5mbps, then 3mbps and 5mbps. I even bypass the way DSL works in the home. You can do the same but take some time to do. Most you can get out of that is a much stronger signal. You tap into the main phone line that comes in like through a basement before it hits the phone. I use CAT5e with a phone jack box ran that to another phone jack box with a modular connector. That connector would use ultra phone line cable based on Cat 5e but for phone data. That would go to your DSL modem. It worked well. Now that I am cable modem I'll never go back to DSL.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/torrents-fast-speed-tests-slow.145008/
Relevancy 75.68%

We have speedtest to see how fast the wifi is working but how can I tell if my laptop or pc is running as fast as it should I did a search and all I find is quot stuff quot to make my computer run faster supposedly but nothing that I find says it can show me if my CPU central processing unit is working like it should I don t understand if it s the wifi or my computer that is slow sometimes What do you guys do to know if you are running at the speed you should be My info is in my signature Thanks for any help anyone can give me My computer is working fine but my sister is always complaining her s is slow So if I understand this better myself I can tell her I can do speedtests My Computer I Pc Is Fast Running How Find Can Cpu/speed, for her but like I said I need to understand CPU and if I could download something to run and check if her computer is doing all it should be or as fast as it should be I ll insert a photo of her computer info below as well She has an HP Desktop Computer Cpu/speed, Can I Find How Fast My Pc Is Running see attachment thanks again denise nbsp

A:Computer Cpu/speed, Can I Find How Fast My Pc Is Running

Figures, I just found this, https://www.reference.com/technology/can-test-speed-computer-processor-19081d8c9455d583

So anyone have a recommend on any of this software to test CPU? Thanks guys, I'll check in the a.m. to see if anyone replied

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/computer-cpu-speed-can-i-find-how-fast-my-pc-is-running.309890/
Relevancy 75.68%

I bought a Sony Burner and noticed that it went up to 40 speed for burning disks. What speed would you recommend in order to ensure safe, fault free backups.

Thanks

A:SONY - CDRW Too Fast Write Speed

Depends on your system and the software configuration. What are your system specs and O/S?

In most cases, if the drive can't keep it will slow down. Also if you use slower media then the max speed of the drive it will slow down to the speed of the media.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-cdrw-too-fast-write-speed.199588/
Relevancy 74.82%

Thread Title pretty much tells everything. My mouse scroll speed went crazy after 1610 update. It's just too fast, not only in browse, but everywhere!

How to fix it?

A:Mouse Scroll Speed too fast after 1607 update

Originally Posted by godderdam

Thread Title pretty much tells everything. My mouse scroll speed went crazy after 1610 update. It's just too fast, not only in browse, but everywhere!

How to fix it?

Scroll can be adjusted thru Start > Devices > Mouse & touchpad.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/58809-mouse-scroll-speed-too-fast-after-1607-update.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have tried 3 different movie file converters to convert MOV to MWV files. However, all of the converters made all movies from regular speed to super speed video-wise. The audio remains the same speed. Why was it changing the speed of the video?

Thanks

A:All Converters Make regular speed MOV to MWV files twice as fast

Are these MOV files from different sources or from one source. If all from the same source it sounds like they have some sort of encoding in them that is by accident or by design, fooling the converters.
I haven't seen the speed up trick (if it is a trick) but I have seen where the audio will suddenly jump several seconds and be completely out of sync.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-converters-make-regular-speed-mov-to-mwv-files-twice-as-fast.994427/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey guys I m having a puzzling issue with my wireless connection The wireless connection to my stationary computer is fine when I first connect but after a couple of minutes it slows down from mbit to about kbit or less The upload speed has not changed as slows Wireless but connection Solved: to fast first, speed down 1\10 of at then much It has gone from mbit to around kbit The connection on my laptop is working just fine also win but not same adapter I m using a Solved: Wireless connection fast at first, but then slows down to 1\10 of speed ICIDU wireless Solved: Wireless connection fast at first, but then slows down to 1\10 of speed usb adapter with the latest driver for windows this is a beta driver and might be the root of my problem but it has worked fine before on the same OS I just scanned the computer for malware and found nothing of importance The connection itself is about but I don t think that should matter that much especially because it works fine when first connected There is nothing in the background as far as I can see using extra bandwidth and windows firewall is turned OFF If needed I can post a screen from xirrus Please help Thanks Trevor Goodchild nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless connection fast at first, but then slows down to 1\10 of speed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection-fast-at-first-but-then-slows-down-to-1-10-of-speed.899471/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello I need to ask for your advice here I have browsed this forum but none of it helped so far I am running two operation systems on my Macbook via boot camp Original MacOSX and Win I am using my school internet via LAN MacOsX Slow speed under Win7/Fast under download in the campus where I live When I do the speed test in macosx it shows around - MBit s but when I do the same test on my Windows it never shows more than Mbit s Upload speed is the same under both systems I tried to reinstall Windows use different drivers windows one the original one from apple bootcamp and the updated one from new bootcamp for my nforce LAN card but none of it helped I also tried to switch off firewall but that was not Slow download speed under Win7/Fast under MacOsX the issue I found a couple of things with registry and settings here but as I say still the same I don't want to get rid of this system but I have no more ideas of what to try Please if you know about anything that might help I would appreciate your advice Thanks

A:Slow download speed under Win7/Fast under MacOsX

Sorry I don't have a real answer, but could you post what you get under XP?
I am thinking this is related to TCP/IPv6 so you might try disabling it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/77398-slow-download-speed-under-win7-fast-under-macosx.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello all Have been searching for days trying to figure my problem but can t find the solution ISP provides us with mb s download speed Both COLOR blue important COLOR blue important Toshiba COLOR blue important laptops COLOR COLOR COLOR used to be able to attain this but after reinstalling windows xp on this laptop it can only achieve mb s The other laptop will get mb s whether connected wired or wireless For the life of me cannot figure what has changed I have installed all windows updates including SP and updated Solved: Slow Download Fast One Other Speed Laptop all drivers via Toshiba and Intel websites It uses the Intel b g network card and the router is a motorola sbg Here is what I have done so far Connecting wired will achieve mb s so it has something to do Solved: Download Speed Fast One Laptop Slow Other with the wireless setup Have tried connecting to router with WPA WPA and no encryption but makes no difference Testing right beside the Solved: Download Speed Fast One Laptop Slow Other router or ft away makes no difference Have uninstalled reinstalled network card but made no difference Any suggestions would be much appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

Hello So I go out and buy these four computers for I know And three of them work Low and behold one of them is a ghz laptop that boots and seems to work fine Sony no less Reloaded the OS frv26 Clock when system PCG properties speed Solved: drops movies in watching sony on and presto Nice computer and a bit of an upgrade from my current ghz laptop Only one problem the darn thing struggles whenever I watch a DVD or streaming video Solved: Clock speed drops in system properties when watching movies on sony PCG frv26 The rated clock speed under system properties you know how there are two speeds and then or something my understanding is the first is the processors actual speed rating the nd is what the system is running at Well it drops to mhz--only when multimedia is playing I have never noticed a webpage with flash cause these problems Do you think it s overheating The weird thing is that it jumps back up as soon as I stop watching the video and the unit works great Annoying because my ghz machine plays movies fine so I now have two primary laptops until I get this figured out Anyway specs Sony VAIO ghz PCG frv mb DDR I RAM Stock DVD CD-RW Radeon IGP m Memory for video is adjustable in the BIOS from - Have tried all settings No applicable change Default is or at least that is what it was on when I got it current is Thanks for your time I m always grateful nbsp

A:Solved: Clock speed drops in system properties when watching movies on sony PCG frv26

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-clock-speed-drops-in-system-properties-when-watching-movies-on-sony-pcg-frv26.905835/
Relevancy 74.39%

guys please help me , it happens when ever i want. i speed test from speedtest.net and i get speed 0.89 mbps ( which is good for me) but if i download something , down speed is 2 kb. if i play a video it buffes so slowly that it takes ahour.

1 thing more, this happened few days ago on my laptop, so i started using internet on my pc , this this stopped and i got high speed.. but now after some days it has started again

A:Speed test gives vey good speed but down speed is just 2-3 kb

Quote: Originally Posted by Hassnain

guys please help me , it happens when ever i want. i speed test from speedtest.net and i get speed 0.89 mbps ( which is good for me) but if i download something , down speed is 2 kb. if i play a video it buffes so slowly that it takes ahour.

1 thing more, this happened few days ago on my laptop, so i started using internet on my pc , this this stopped and i got high speed.. but now after some days it has started again

When comparing speeds, remember to divide your speedtest result by 8. 0.89 mbps is around 101KBps.

Download speeds depend on many factors, inclduing the modem/router, traffic through your ISP at the time, and the type of download, just to name a couple.

What type of download is it? Are they torrents? These can often be slow.

Are downloads slow from everywhere?

You mentioned video buffering; Do you have downloads going at the same time that you are trying to view a video? Are there other people sharing your connection (eg other family members)?

You didn't say if you had tried rebooting the router/modem, or if you had been in contact with your ISP. These would be among the first things to try.

As you haven't stated what you have tried, I'm going to assume none of the following have been tried. Apologies if you have tried/tested the following.

If you plug a phone into the same wall socket at your modem do hear any noise/static or is is sound quality very poor or low volume? These might indicate physical line problems, which your Telco would need to address.

It's also possible the equipment at your local exchange is in need of a reboot. This is often referred to as a "Port reset". Your ISP can do this for you.

Other things you can try is replacing the phone and ethernet cable (if you are connected by cable), or replacing the line filter if you have one. If you have multiple devices on your phone line remove everything except your modem/router.

If you have a DSL connection you know that the speeds will vary dramatically from one hour to the next. But 2KBps is poor in any situation.

Have you tried doing ping and tracert to various sites? You ISP may want this information to place a fault report with your telco.

copy and paste results into an email to your ISP

ping www.google.com -t (Stop it after a minute or so).
ping www.yahoo.com -t (Stop it after a minute or so).

tracert www.google.com

See how you go with the above. Get back to us if you get no joy from your ISP/Telco.

hth
Tanya

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253197-speed-test-gives-vey-good-speed-but-down-speed-just-2-3-kb.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Any text to speech programs I use, runs at fast speed and the voices sound like chipmunks. How I slow down the speed? It's really annoying and I must've done something that I didn't realize what I did. How do I change this setting so it plays at regular speed?

A:Sound Recorder/Audacity Automatically Playing At Fast Speed?

anything in her any use.
http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A1f4cf...sourceforge.net/onlinehelp-1.2/reference.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-recorder-audacity-automatically-playing-at-fast-speed.914493/