Windows Support Forum

Solved: Can't find Local Area Connection Driver

Q: Solved: Can't find Local Area Connection Driver

Hello,
I decided to connect my PC to the router VIA Ethernet cable because I got this really long ethernet cable and the router is pretty far so the signal is weak and I want to fix that, so It used to work before until I formatted my PC, now when I go into the internet drivers I do not see any Local Area Connection driver that I can enable, so help please?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Can't find Local Area Connection Driver

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 101.91%

(HELP!)

My laptop apparently is connected to the internet (Wi-fi) but it won't connect to any site. This happenned after I tried to install (again) an wi-fi device called TP-LINK TlWN722N. I couldn't make it work so I deleted its files from my computer, and then I could not get into any site.
When I try to repair the diagnoses are:
"There might be a problem with the driver for the Local Area Connection (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)"
I use a Windows 8 x64.
I can upload images if you want, I just didn't because I really tried some things and none of them worked '-'.
Uploaded the MiniToolBox result. Some words are in portuguese, if you need any help in translating just say though I believe you will be able to understand most of it.
(Forgive me for my terrible English, it is not my first language >.<)

Relevancy 96.32%

I've recently reformatted my computer, and when i tried to connect to my internet the Local Area Connection wasn't there. All there was, was a 1394 connection, which doesn't work. I've tried everything! Please, help?

Relevancy 95.46%

Hello

I Installed newest Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit for my brother. After tweaking and optimizing we found out a problem. Windows 7 can't find local area connection. The internet connection still works, but for example my computer finds local area connection normally.

About the problem:

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/3...centerwfiu.jpg
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/765/network.jpg
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8981/network2.jpg

In first pic it says that dependency service or group failed to start so is this the problem or what? What services need to run?

Need help to solve this problem, thanks.

A:Local area connection problem - can't find it

Quote: Originally Posted by Atza

Hello

I Installed newest Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit for my brother. After tweaking and optimizing we found out a problem. Windows 7 can't find local area connection. The internet connection still works, but for example my computer finds local area connection normally.

About the problem:

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/3...centerwfiu.jpg
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/765/network.jpg
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8981/network2.jpg

Need help to solve this problem, thanks.

OK
whats the wifi/NIC card on the machine. Have you installed a deiver? go into device manager by typing device manager in search and go to the network tab. expand it aand your wired, and wireliss devices should be there. If they arent or if either have a yellow triangle on them you need to re-install the driver.

Let us know the results

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/29079-local-area-connection-problem-cant-find.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi, I just installed windows xp professional version 2002 (corporate) sp2 on my computer.
My problem is that i can't get the internet to work. its worked on the same computer before. I go to my network places and the only connection i have is 1394 connection, when i try to repair this it says; windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed; Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection. cannot proceed. And i cant find the local area connection. Ive been googleing around and it seems that i have to install the TCP/IP protocol, but when i try this it says that i don't have the drivers for it. If this is the problem, that i haven't installed the wright drivers, how do i do that and where do i get them? If not, what do i do?

Please help me

Relevancy 92.02%

Hi I hope someone can help with area connection driver local the with Problem for this because i am going stare crazy with this Last night i used my computer and surfed the web as normal without any issues I go Problem with driver for the local area connection to bed get up in the morning and notice my pc has rebooted I think nothing of it as i thought it was just an update I go to work come home and log in I try to get on internet and nothing Red x down the bottom corner in the network toolbar Ok ill open it up and fix it ive done it many times before However this time it won't work i get the following message The wired network adapter is experiencing problems So i click next in the diagnostics tool and when it gets to troubleshooting has completed i get the following message problems found there might be a problem with the driver for the local area connection adapter I have rebooted restored to a previous point changed cables etc but to no avail I checked the driver in device manager to make sure it was the right one and was working and it all seems fine Ive had a read through here hoping i could find someone else who has had the same problem but the only one i found had internet access but not fully I have no internet access ive even tried connecting wirelessly to my router but that doesnt work Im currently on my laptop which is work btw Any ideas Ive tried finding the drivers online but all i seem to find is sites that i can download an auto driver fixer which is no good when i have no internet access on my pc for it to work I need the driver Network adapter is Realtek RTL D D family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Any help or advice is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Roxee

A:Problem with driver for the local area connection

continued with your other post HERE

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/159920-problem-driver-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I recently installed Kaspersky Internet Security on my computer and am now having a problem with my internet connectivity with for be Connection the problem the a might driver Local Area There When I run the Windows Troubleshooter I get the message that says that 'There might be a problem with the driver for the Local Area Connection Adapter' I have attempted many things to fix this I have uninstalled the drivers for the Network Adapter and that didn't fix it I have run sfc scannow and that didnt fix it I tried ipconfig dnsflush that didnt work I cannot use ipconfig renew and release because it is not connected to the internet System restore will not work because there are no restore points I uninstalled Kaspersky and There might be a problem with the driver for the Local Area Connection disabled Windows firewall hoping it might be a firewall issue I also used their uninstaller that was recommended on Kaspersky's site I installed a USB wireless network adapter which changed the message from 'Local Area Connection Adapter to 'Wireless Area Connection adapter' Please help I do not want to reinstall windows If anyone has any advice that can help please let me know

A:There might be a problem with the driver for the Local Area Connection

You said you uninstalled the drivers for your NIC, did you reinstall them, preferably the latest version of them ?? That should trigger a refresh of your IP stack in the event it's glitched.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/137765-there-might-problem-driver-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hiya, I saw another thread with this title, but it wasn't much help.

I've had my Compaq PC with Windows 7 home for about 6 months, and I last connected to the internet through my Ethernet with no problems, as always, four days ago.

I made no changes then, or since, but now when I try to connect I get the above error message. I've checked the network driver and it says it's up to date.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

A:Solved: The "Local Area Connection" is experiencing driver or hardware related proble

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-the-local-area-connection-is-experiencing-driver-or-hardware-related-proble.1129662/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello, my laptop works fine with a wireless connection, but now that my wireless router does not work i resort to connecting with a wired connection.

When i'm in the Network connections window, it says that the Local area connection is enabled (RealTek PCIe GBE Family Controller)

However, i'm still not connected to the internet. When i diagnose the LAC it says There might be a problem with the driver for the Local Area Connection adapter.

I have tried ipconfig /all, it shows media disconnected for everything.

I have also tried putting the installation disc that came with the laptop, went to drivers, Realtek, setup, but still does not work.

Anyone know the problem? Thanks for your time.

A:Problem with the driver for Local Area Connection Adapter

Have you tried Windows Update when using a wired connection. Is it set like this ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/219945-problem-driver-local-area-connection-adapter.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I apologize for the might a there for connection with the the be area adapter local driver problem long title but it s my first time ever to start a there might be a problem with the driver for the local area connection adapter thread or join a forum I have windows desktop and i had a problem cleaning and getting rid of a some Hijacker malicious PUP was installed on my PC by mistake After using my Malwarebytes AntiMalware- Premium also used Adware remover and Hitman there might be a problem with the driver for the local area connection adapter pro- Trial version after reading couple of articles and threads on the internet NOTE I m not really into computers and stuff but I know how to keep my PC clean all the time but this was my younger brother s mistake when he downloaded something which I don t know Everything so far was running smoothly on my PC cause i disconnected the Ethernet cable and started cleaning now after Adware removal finished I had to restart my PC Once it started I had no internet connection at the bottom of the taskbar and the internet icon showing red X after diagnosing and troubleshooting i had this message there might be a problem with the driver for the local area connection adapter came back to the internet trying to find a solution and I ve read a similar thread by someone and was answered by a professional Moderator who seemed to know it all and the issue was solved for that guy I tried the steps advised in that thread but didn t work for me I really wish someone can help me and I will be very grateful and thankful God Bless you nbsp

A:there might be a problem with the driver for the local area connection adapter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/there-might-be-a-problem-with-the-driver-for-the-local-area-connection-adapter.1142329/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello Please help I have been trying to quot fix quot this issue on my laptop IP Valid Con Area Connection/Wireless a Have Local Solved: Network Connection Doesn't for the past month on and off I have been using other sources to access the internet reading up on resolutions on this issue and all kinds of forums I am knowledgeable but not able to understand some of the fixes and terms that I have come across I feel like I ve tried everything and still I cannot access the internet on my PC wired or wireless I have a Toshiba Satellite L -GS I tried to release amp renew my ipconig Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con Please see below for ipconfig Please help C windows system gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C windows system gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected C windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name jpharvey -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - -B -B -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- C- - - - C- C- -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - C- C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-wireless-network-connection-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-con.1016512/
Relevancy 85.57%

I have a pc connected with an ethernet cable to a 3g moden/wireless router which also runs 2 wireless laptops.
I have been using it for 2 years with no problems but last night after installing COMODO anti virus the Local Area Connection says that limited or no connection is possible.I have tried a system restore - no effect.
I have uninstalled COMODO - no effect
I have tried to connect to the router via IE but cannot connect to the ip address.
CAN ANYONE HELP.

PLEASE

Relevancy 85.57%

i just reinstalled windows xp home edition and now my local area connection is gone so i cant get on internet. how do i install the network adapters to get a connection? i cant seem to find the driver i need to install in the windows folder (where?)

thank you

A:Solved: local area connection

I'm assuming at this point that you reinstalled Windows XP with an actual Windows XP CD.

When you go into the Device Manager, what is showing in the "Network Adapters" sub-menu?

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection.748736/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi I just upgraded from windows vista home premium to windows 7 ultimate. Anyways the way I usually connect my xbox to xbox live is by bridging the connection. So when I go to control panel,then network and internet,then network and sharing center,then on the left hand side change adapter settings.

Right so this is what it turns up as

Wireless network connection

(ssid)
802.11 wireless lan card

Wireless network connection 3

Microsoft virtual wifi miniport Adapter #2

Local Area Connection

Disabled

NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

________________________________________________________________________________________

Right I dont know what the microsoft thing is but it just says not connected and my internet runs fine so I just leave it alone..But Local Area Connection is suposed to say Xbox 360...and I bridge the connections..this worked on vista and there was no sign of this nvidia thing. Help please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection.914747/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi All I have Virgin broadband internet Recently the modem started playing up so I phoned Virgin who sent me out a new modem I received it today plugged it in and phoned Virgin to No please Solved: need area help local connection.. get it activated When the advisor told me to connect to the internet I kept getting the page cannot be displayed message so he asked me to go into network connections which I found was totally empty He told me i had lost my local area connection and Solved: No local area connection.. need help please to take the computer into a shop to get Solved: No local area connection.. need help please it reinstalled I don t want to do this unless totally neccessary Is there a way I can get it back or DL something to get it back In my device manager it shows network adapters and under that VIA Rhine II Fast ethernet adapter There are no question marks or explaination marks I tried updating the driver but it says I already have the best one available Is there anything else I can try It was working fine before I plugged in and had the new modem activated Thanks for any help Debby nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

My IP address is missing and the Ethernet adapter is disconnected...

here is the error message:
No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected.

The problem is on my desktop running Win XP, Pent 4

Please help, my notebook will connect.

Relevancy 85.57%

Okay, so I just recently reinstalled windows xp on my computer. So first thing I did was pop in the AT&T high speed internet installer cd but ran into a problem so I had to call DSL tech support. We then discovered that under my network connections there is no Local Area Connection, there is only a 1394 connection. He said that I need to install a local area connection driver. Do you guys know where I can download the local area connection driver?

A:[SOLVED] No Local Area Connection

Hello,

You need to tell me what type of machine you have (Dell Inspiron, Acer Veriton etc) and then we can help.

Regards,
George

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-no-local-area-connection-520104.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Is it normal to have a “Local Area Connection 2” in Network and Dialup Connections?

I was having some connectivity problems and noticed this. Maybe it was there all the while and I’m just not very observant.

My OS is Win 2000 Pro and this one is on a wireless home LAN.

Thanks,
Randall

A:Solved: Local Area Connection 2?

Very normal, anytime you install a network card, ethernet or wireless. It will name the connection 2, 3, 4 and so on. So you should have just a local area connection also. Itys normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-2.462068/
Relevancy 85.57%

does anybody know how 2 get the Local Area connection towers into the Taskbar? i know how 2 do it in XP, but this is windows 98SE, an have no idea how 2 do it, or if you can? if anybody does could you let me know? thank you.

Relevancy 85.57%

I have a Dell desktop with Windows XP Home Edition I recently restored the computer to factory Connection Local Solved: available isn't Area settings and when I tried connecting to the internet the Local Area Connection wasn t showing in My Network Places I have been searching through other forums and tried the things that they suggested but nothing worked I am trying to connect to an AT amp T U-verse Wire router through a wired connection I tried connecting both wirelessly and wired to another computer and everything worked fine I checked the Device Solved: Local Area Connection isn't available Manager and there is an mark next to the Ethernet Controller The properties say that the drivers for that device aren t installed And of course I can t install them since I can t access the internet Other forums suggested that I check the network adapters option in Device Manager but that isn t available in the device manager What can I do to fix this problem Thanks in advance for helping me nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection isn't available

Download the latest chipset and networking drivers from Dell's web site. Use your Service Tag for easier searching. Copy them to the crippled PC using removable media such as CD, USB flash drive, etc. Install the chipset first, then networking. You should then have internet access and can get whatever other drivers you need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-isnt-available.1033226/
Relevancy 85.57%

ok
the question

i have 3 computers at home connected to internet sharing connection
well what i want to know is there a chance to get some program tool etc
to check how much bandwith has gone to each computer separately couse we are with liimited internet to 25 gb per month and last 2 months we where over 25 and internet was down to dial up so it.s sick when u are not able to surf waiting to open a site like facebook or mail gmail etc. for 5 10 minutes

Relevancy 84.28%

I am having problems connecting to internet. In the Network Connection window there is no Local Area Connection icon. I have two computers and one laptop. My laptop can connect to my SSID but it keeps saying Unidentified and I cannot surf the web what so ever. This is really frusterating! Help. I am on a friend's computer and I have been searching many threads and I cannot fix my problem yet. I use DSL.

My laptop is windows vista and it has only SP1. I tried to upgrade to SP2, but It failed because no internet connection :O
I recently restored my laptop to an earlier restore point because It had the Blue Screen of Death
Thanks, please ask more questions if I am not clear. ^^

Relevancy 84.28%

So, I just got my new internet today...
I have an XP desktop that I want to connect with ethernet cable.
However, I cannot find "Local Area Connection" button in the "Network Connections".
Only buttons on there are "1394 Connection" and the wireless connection I'm using right now.
I don't have problems connecting to the internet (using wireless), but I want to fix this issue.
I googled into this, but none of them worked so far.
I can provide more information if you need them, just tell me how to get them.
Thanks~

A:Solved: Local Area Connection Missing

Nvm, fixed it.
Driver wasn't installed.
Anyway I can delete the thread?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-missing.965126/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi all,
I have had the worst time searching the internet trying to find ways to get my internet connected. i do not know what to do. yes its plugged in and all that

I dont seem to have a local area connection. under the net adapters it only shows 1394 net adapter.

also when i ipconfig it only populates windows xp configuration.

A:[SOLVED] No internet, no local area connection

Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. In the Device Manager do you see a yellow mark next to Network Adapters? If so then you must download the driver from your computer manufacturers support web site.
If There is no yellow mark and no other Network Adapters other then the 1394, then you need to go into the Bios and make sure the Ethernet/Network Adapter is Enabled. If you can't find that or it is enabled, then the hardware failed and you need to install a PCI NIC card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-no-internet-no-local-area-connection-524533.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I keep getting a pop-up error message from the bottom bar that says:

Local area connection error
a network cable is unplugged
well , my cable is plugged in, my internet seems to be ok I've gotten this message since I hooked it up.
I've gone into the network connection area in the control panel and unchecked the box that says notify me when this device has limited or no connectivity, but I still get this pop-up message--
Can you help?
Thanks!

Relevancy 84.28%

I realize that if I manually disable LAC then, when I reboot, I'm obliged to manually enable LAC.
Bearing this in mind, is there any way in which I can get LAC to be the first process in the boot sequence?

A:Solved: XP - get Local Area Connection (LAC) to 'boot' first

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-get-local-area-connection-lac-to-boot-first.926451/
Relevancy 84.28%

I did everything... updated things... cleaned out files... cleaned out cookies... did virus scans which all came back with no threats... still getting that pop-up for local area connection unplugged... made sure all cables were in tight... what can I do to stop this from booting me out every time it pops up? I have WinXP SP2

Relevancy 84.28%

Hello, I have WinXP SP2, this problem has been ongoing for a week now... I keep getting a pop-up in the icon tray stating that a Local Area Connection is Unplugged, after that pops up... I get booted out of anything I am in. I have tried almost everything I know to solve this problem to no avail. I have recently installed a webcam... this started happening afte r I installed it but I was told that the webcam shouldnt be the problem. Please Help Me! No wait... please help me help my computer! LOL

Relevancy 84.28%

Hi can someone help with this issue?

I have no local area connection on my pc but it runs on wireless.
When I open the folder, it is empty.

My OS is Windows XP

How can I resolve this?

Sorry if I have missed any info as this is my first post.

Thank you guys

A:[SOLVED] local area connection missing

Press Start, Run, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. Do you see any Yellow question marks under Network adapters?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-local-area-connection-missing-584254.html
Relevancy 84.28%

My error message states Connection Area Solved: Repair Local that quot Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed Registering with DNS quot I have no internet connection on my HP PC which Solved: Repair Local Area Connection is why I am typing this on my laptop On the HP I am running windows xp with sp I connect to a cable modem provide by Time Warner This problem started yesterday so I have been utilizing both computers with one internet connection or plugging and unplugging the cat cable I have run Microsoft Essential Full scan as well as Malwarebytes s Anti-malware Now I ran both of those in Safe mode and picked up no bugs I have Avast as my antivirus software and the message I receive on that is that quot Avast will not be able tp protect mail news error I am unable to turn on the web shields for Avast I have manually entered the IP addresses into my HP from my laptop all the way thru DNS servers It still won t connect I tried using the Internet explorer diagnostic tool and it came back and said that I have a winsock issue It ran thru it s fix but to no avail I m open for any ideas or suggestions to help me alleviate this problem nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

hi
i got some issue i couldn't reslove i hope u can help me

i have no local area connection in my PC and i got these yellow things under network adapters what should i do my OS:Windows 7

PC type:Asus A42f

Can i resolve this problem?

Thank You.

A:[SOLVED] local area connection problem

Can you find out whether your machine is 64bit or 32bit

Click Start, Right-Click Computer and click Properties

Beside "System Type" please tell me if it says 32bit or 64bit

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-local-area-connection-problem-664007.html
Relevancy 84.28%

The "two monitors" display, at the bottom right of my toolbar, that display Connection to the Internet, do not display instant connection speed.

I am told that with XP, it is supposed to display instant connection speed, when you hover over it. Is this right?

I think I installed some software from a company who I used as my ISP, and it changed this to display 100.00 Mbps ALL THE TIME.

Does anyone know how to get it to display the instant connection speed again, please.

A:Solved: Local Area Connection Display

I am told that with XP, it is supposed to display instant connection speed, when you hover over it. Is this right?Click to expand...

No. It will show nominal connection speed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-display.924311/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hey guys! Yeah I know nooby question but I have never done this before despite all my pc knowledge. My isp is comcast and I don't have a cd from them. How do I connect to the internet then? I click create new connection then connect to the internet. What do I do from here?

A:[SOLVED] how to setup a local area connection on xp?

Also comcast is not dial up or anything.comes through fiber optic cable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-how-to-setup-a-local-area-connection-on-xp-636154.html
Relevancy 84.28%

There's an icon of two computers in my system tray, and when I cursor over it it says Local Area Connection - Speed 100.0 Mbps - Status: Connected.

It's just this one computer in my household, and the only things it's connected to are the printer, and the box from the cable company (the hub?).

Not sure how long this icon has been there - could be since I hooked up to cable. Would like to know for sure if that's what it's connected to. When I right clicked on the icon, I found something where it listed a lot of letters and numbers for the address of the connection - total Greek to me. Any help appreciated! - Joan

Relevancy 84.28%

hi I have one laptop and a computer running off one wired router and modem but on of the computers it says limited connectivity and doesnt seem to Problem Area Solved: Local Connection find the internet This is strange because the laptop which is wired finds the internet with no problem I ve tried looking at the wires but nothing seems to fix it Any help appreciated oh this is what i get when i type in IPCONFIG ALL on the computer that has the problem Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Owner gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Solved: Local Area Connection Problem Configuration Solved: Local Area Connection Problem C Documents and Settings Owner gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration C Documents and Settings Owner gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name home- ec f a Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Solved: Local Area Connection Problem Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - D- -F -AC- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Owner gt this is what i get when i type in IPCONFIG ALL on the computer that works and is on the same network Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Security Account gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name HomeLaptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List RP v Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -D - -F -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix RP v Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- -A - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix RP v Description isatap RP v Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap home Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap home Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap home Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c a d ce b e b b bab Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe ce b e b b bab Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Security Account gt nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

I got a new CPU but after 3-4 months I use it, my local area connection is gone.
It cannot detect the internet. I use Acer Aspire M1800. OS is Vista.
Also, I get error 0x800706ba.

Please help me. I'm so newbie in computer course.

Relevancy 84.28%

I was away out of the country using my laptop and i did a clean up of my computer...after that I was unable to connect to the internet..i was using a cable dsl moden to hook up and then it didnt work anymore...it almost looks like im missing a driver...HELP!!!

A:Solved: Local Area Connection problem

We need to know something about the make/model of the machine, the version/patch level of Windows, and the exact indications you get when you try to connect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-problem.431561/
Relevancy 83.42%

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me I connect by an ethernet cord to the internet through a port in my wall run through my apartment complex I ve had absolutely no problems until just last night no. CONNECTION UNPLUGGED.... CABLE not. LOCAL Solved: - AREA its I now cannot connect through the internet using my ethernet cord or any other ethernet cord in my apartment or any other port in my home My roommates have NO problems connecting to the internet however On Solved: LOCAL AREA CONNECTION - CABLE UNPLUGGED.... no. its not. the bottom right corner of my computer screen this message keeps coming up and down Local Area Connection A network cable is unplugged NO ITS NOT I m plugged in I have never had this problem before Why is it not connecting to the internet What do I have to do Ive uninstalled the Local Area Connection and its reinstalled a few times now I just dont understand and I have no idea what to do and I am getting REALLY REALLY frustrated Please help me through this Its very important that I get this fixed I have a DELL LATITUDE E nbsp

A:Solved: LOCAL AREA CONNECTION - CABLE UNPLUGGED.... no. its not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-cable-unplugged-no-its-not.991259/
Relevancy 83.42%

Can one tell me how to get this one icon back "local area connection" --- I've gone to the taskbar properties / notification area nd made sure the check mark is in network.
My problem is not seeing any icons, but this icon has gone missing & I think (not right sure) I clicked *exit* --- but all works ok with connections.
I've one icon that says *currently connected to* when I hold the mouse over it, but this other icon is missing and I cannot see how to restore it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A:[SOLVED] local area connection icon missing

Did you pick hide inactive icons? It's possible the icon is hidden because nothing ever happens to it.
Right click your taskbar, and choose properties. Go to the notification area tab. Then either uncheck the box, or click on customize, and set it so that particular icon is not hidden.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-local-area-connection-icon-missing-316030.html
Relevancy 83.42%

quot Local Area Connection Network not connected quot is the annoying little bubble that pops up on my screen everytime I turn on my computer And sadly it Area Solved: Local wha-wha-wha-?! Network connected... Connection not stays there I recently moved to a new apartment my internet connection was Solved: Local Area Connection Network not connected... wha-wha-wha-?! fine when I arrived One week later and I m screwed up the wazoo The facts are as follows I ve been living in a community that receives free internet service courtesy of Pavlov whatever that might be- However anything named after such a sadistic dork I should probably be wary of right In my first apartment here I had issues registering w the service as for some reason my computer refused to accept the connection initially I called local maintenance and a smart young lady w the computer center arrived worked her voodoo and left me w internet It was good When I moved I simply moved from one building to another in the communtiy After I moved my Solved: Local Area Connection Network not connected... wha-wha-wha-?! internet worked fine for a week and a half In that time there were two large storms One noticeably knocked out power but not to my room The other occured the day before I discovered this annoying little message of disconnection and called Pavlov Tech support They walked me through an entire process of checking my IP address and renewing my connection and everything --Didn t work if you couldn t tell They promised to send out a technician who was to arrive in three business days I m still waiting over a week later I called the local maintenance people w in the community They brought in a technician who changed out the hub in the room poked around on my computer and then told me I needed to buy a new ethercard due to the storm frying it I had the sneaking suspicion he hadn t a clue what he was talking about because he kept asking me about lights blinking on the back of my computer- The back of my computer has never HAD lights Not only that my computer wasn t even ON during the storm AND it has a surge protector I came here looking for answers found many none are the right one I ve tried disabling the connection it just disables the connection I ve tried deleting the connection it won t let me do that I ve tried running all my virus detection programs and it tells me I m clean oh happy day but still no connection I m at the end of my rope What the heezy is going on here Is that crackpot actually right about a new ethercard or is it something I should be able to fix Please a little guidance if you will Btw ipconfig all Media disconnected -The community s due to go wireless soon but upon receiving the error they stated that hadn t yet set up anything in relation to the network Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection Network not connected... wha-wha-wha-?!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-network-not-connected-wha-wha-wha.498335/
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 Notebook running XP Home with SP2. I connect to a printer and to a Maxtor external drive. My system tray shows 2 Local Area Connections (with "A network cable is unplugged), and 1 Network Bridge (that also says "A network cable is unplugged"). My printer is plugged in.

I show the following in my Network Connections. I want to know if anyone can tell me whether I can delete them? I do not have a LAN connection or High-Speed Internet (although I hope to get the latter soon). Thanks.

LAN or High-Speed Internet
Local Area Connection 2 LAN or High-Speed Inter... Network cable unplugged OCT USB To Fast Ethernet Converter

Network Bridge
Local Area Connection Network Bridge Network cable unplugged Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller

Network Bridge Network Bridge Network cable unplugged MAC Bridge Miniport

1394 Connection Network Bridge Disabled, Bridged 1394 Net Adapter

Relevancy 83.42%

Hello,

I had to do a complete XP Media edition reinstall and now my computer will not connect to the internet. In the control panel, under network connections, there is no longer even an icon for local area connection. What have I done? Is there a driver I need to reinstall or have I damaged something permanently?

I have a Surewest fibre optic connection and it is working perfectly with my laptop.

Thanks for any help on this matter.
H.

Relevancy 83.42%

I'm getting this message on my emachine windows 7 computer saying the local area connection adapter is not working properly?? I even tried to put my username and password in but I still cannot get connected to the internet. Also, I tried to unplug my router and plugging it back in that didn't work! Someone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee help me out!!!! thank you!

A:[SOLVED] I'm getting this message on my pc saying the local area connection adapter i

Hi it is not the router, it is the adapter which is part of the computer, please go to the windows orb (bottom left of the desktop) click on it, then on control panel. Next, click on either hardware and sound, then device manager or if in icon view just device manager. Do you have any error flags either a yellow ! or red X

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-im-getting-this-message-on-my-pc-saying-the-local-area-connection-adapter-i-875729.html
Relevancy 83.42%

hi, i cant connect to the internet and i noticed that im missing the local area connection icon. i have the 1394 connection and wireless. anyone know how to fix this? (also when i check on my adapters i have the 1394 and wireless is that all im suppose to have? what is this 1394 anyway?)

thank you

Relevancy 83.42%

My computer crashed. I bought a new Western Digital Caviar SE 160 GB hard drive. I installed my Microsoft Windows Home Edition 2002 cd onto the new drive but I cannot get a "local area connection" to install.

When I "add a new connection" it installs a LAN 1384 connection. I tried looking on the cd to install it but could find nothing.

How can I get the LAC installed from the cd or from a website that I can download from work onto my jumpdrive? Thanks!

BTW, I have uninstalled and installed again but no success.

Relevancy 83.42%

Hi guys, I am new here, enjoing the forum, well about the problem...
I have 2 questions, but I will ask all of them because maybe they are connected somehow.

1). My local area connection in Network Connections sometimes just disappears, but it is not because of drivers, I have reinstalled them (I am using windows 7 btw). So the local
area connection sometimes just disappears for 2 days, and there is no sign of it even in device manager.

2). My laptop nic lights are on (yellow and green), whether cable is plugged or not, but I have internet.

- And just for information - I am using TP-LINK TL-WR841N (WI-FI is just awesome)
-It's funny but my icon is here again, in device manager too. But what to do with it? It disappears whenever it wants.

Relevancy 83.42%

My LAC now takes 2 minutes to come on after I boot up the PC.

I've downloaded the latest driver for the NIC, no difference.

When I boot in Safe Mode with Networking the connection comes on as quick as normal?

I've checked, their are no programs coming on at start up other than my antivirus. Tried with the antivirus off, no difference

This 'may' have happened after a windows update, but I'm not sure about that.

Any suggestions Please?

A:[SOLVED] Local Area Connection gone slow to start

What AntiVirus is installed? Is this something that just started? Did you try a system restore to a dateprior to it starting?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-local-area-connection-gone-slow-to-start-678497.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hey guys, you know how you can go into the Control Panel, Network Connections, right-click on "Local Area Connection" and set it to disabled, is there a way to do that on a remote PC without taking remote-control of it?

Using a remote control program like VNC, etc. isn't an option. Needs to be done via command console or some other third party software that has that kind of control.

Or if there's a way to remotely disable the NIC from device manager would be another option.

Any help would be much appreciated.

A:Solved: Remotely disable Local Area Connection

if the remote computer is on the same network as you, and you have administrative rights to that computer you can....

right click "My Computer" from your computer then choose manage, then make sure Computer Management (local) is highlighted then choose Action then "connect to another computer" select the computer then highlight Device Manager and disable the NIC from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-remotely-disable-local-area-connection.654851/
Relevancy 83.42%

I have tried renewing my ip address from the cmd prompt i have tried ipconfig/release, ipconfig/flushdns,ipconfig/renew and it didnt work my connection still keeps on going back to limited or no connectivity my DHCP is connected and i have default gateway ip i can get good connectivity if i reset the router by unplugging it but it still goes back can someone please help me.

A:[SOLVED] My local area connection says limited or no connectivity

You say it works when you reboot your router but goes back.

Is this instantaneously or over time, say a week.

What is the make and model of your Router?
Do you have more than one PC connected? If you have more than one, do the others have the same problem?

Can you do an ipconfig /all and post the results?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-my-local-area-connection-says-limited-or-no-connectivity-685322.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I got a new Wire modem from Bell the other day and set it up just fine I New Local Solved: Modem with Connection Problem Area am connected wirelessly to the new modem and it works perfectly I also have an ethernet cable connecting my computer to my modem as well but it seems that the computer can t pick up the Solved: Local Area Connection Problem with New Modem internet Solved: Local Area Connection Problem with New Modem through the cable The computer picks up the wired connection as an Unidentified network and has access to Local only When I disconnect from the wireless connection the computer tries to reidentify the wired network and labels Solved: Local Area Connection Problem with New Modem it with limited connectivity without any access to the Internet From time to time it also flashes a connection to a second network through the ethernet cable though it s probably confused The same ethernet cable and computer worked fine with my old router and modem It recognized that the wired and wireless connection were from the same network so it s not likely it s a problem with the hardware In short I need the Local Area Connection network to work I ve tried updating the driver for the ethernet network adapter Suggestions would be appreciated Thanks Windows IP Configuration Host Name WinstonLeung-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description n Wireless PCI Express Card LAN Ada pter Physical Address - - F- -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bc d e e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August- - PM Lease Expires August- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B-EE-A - - - - F-D -FD DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E GBE NIC Physical Address - - - F-D -FD DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B-EE-A - - - - F-D -FD DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description isatap gateway wire net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e cd a b e f Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe cd a b e f Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection Problem with New Modem

Welcome to TSG.
Try enabling DHCP.
Configure DHCP for Windows Vista.
1. Click on the Start menu, and select Control Panel.
2. Click on Network and Internet. (Skip this step if you do not see this Control Panel item.)
3. Click on Network and Sharing Center.
4. Click on Manage network connections.
5. Right click on Local Area Connection and choose Properties. If Windows say it needs your permission to continue, click Continue.
6. Select Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
7. Select Obtain an IP address automatically.
8. Select Obtain DNS server address automatically.
9. Click OK to close the TCP/IP Properties window.
10. Click OK to close the Local Area Connection Properties window.
11. Click Close to close the Network Connections window.
12. Click Close to close the Control Panel window.
13. Restart your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-problem-with-new-modem.1012363/
Relevancy 82.56%

hello guys i am unable to connect through my ethernet wire whereas my wifi is working smoothly this is a have ip Solved: valid Local Area Connection configuration doesn't what i get at ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Salman-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - B-CB-D -C - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ba c dec Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -F - Solved: Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid ip configuration - -ED-B - C- B- DNS Solved: Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid ip configuration Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless Solved: Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid ip configuration LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address A-ED-B - C- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -ED-B - C- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n Physical Address -ED-B - C- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f b f c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -F - - -ED-B - C- B- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C AC E C- - - CC-CD B ADB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C -E D - F- -C F A DFF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Salman gt Please help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

I am pretty sure from the searches on Google that this is an infamous and difficult or easy problem in many cases to Connection Solved: configuration. IP doesn't Local Area valid have solve In my case it is difficult and I appeal help without being directed to Google The problem lies with wired networking I am using my sister s HP touchscreen which conveniently has a wireless card built in it The ipconfig all will be displayed below this post I have a Comcast Modem connected to a WRT GX Linksys router The router plugs into the wall which goes to I believe another router or access point in my parent s closet it has numerous amounts of Ethernet wires that I believe connects to every single wired plug in the house further evidence is if I unplug the access point router in my parent s closet the LED for the wired port of the router connected to the modem ceases I can confirm that directly connecting the computer to the router not connecting to the wall gives me internet access Can anyone give me clues or instructions to work with this All computers cannot connect to the internet via wired connection This problem also started when Solved: Local Area Connection doesn't have valid IP configuration. wired connected internet started to slow down drastically the LED was blinking dimly and turns off every few seconds for wired connection and I reset the router and modem I also unplugged the access point router in the closet for one night because I felt it was overheating and the LED wired connection is strong with no blinks but no internet access Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name Thao-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - E- -EE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - - F- D- D- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f a c f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday April PM Lease Expires Monday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -C -BF- - - C- C-D - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - C- C-D - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dda eba d d d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -C -BF- - - C- C-D - D DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B FF A- C - - E- FF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F FEB-F CF- A -B B -FD B DE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes EDIT I looked closer at the item in my parent s closet and identified it as a GIGAPORT Workgroup Switch made by Linksys nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection doesn't have valid IP configuration.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-doesnt-have-valid-ip-configuration.917724/
Relevancy 82.56%

On my other computer I am running Windows XP and I cannot connect to the internet, I have factory restored the computer and am having problems conneting to the internet. It shows the "Local Area Connection" Icon is missing and that there is no "Network Adaptor" So it would be nice if someone could help out.

-Thanks.

Relevancy 82.56%

Yes another one of these I have read through many of these threads doing as suggested but without resolution All computers can connect to an quot Unnamed Network quot showing as public Computers can access others on the network and the Windows computers if manually connected can see the others in the Homegroup But none can access Local connection configuration valid ip Solved: doesn't have area the internet Connecting a Windows laptop directly to the modem can get to the internet The laptop can see and connect to both the Solved: Local area connection doesn't have valid ip configuration non-broadcasting SSID and guest network and can see neighbor s wifi But still can t connect to the internet Computers are set to automatically obtain IP and DNS TCP IP stack repair commands were run successfully on the Windows machines DNS Client Network Location Awareness and RPC are all running None of the machines can reach or ping the router at This started with two computers on Tuesday evening Then two more on Wednesday afternoon Then the rest on Wednesday evening Router modem switches computers have all been hard reset several times The following computer was built from scratch with Windows and has only ever had AVG antivirus Windows IP Configuration Host Name Gaming Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Solved: Local area connection doesn't have valid ip configuration Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - - A- -DD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bc f a a Solved: Local area connection doesn't have valid ip configuration Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-A -BD- - - - A- -DD DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap CAEED -F A- F-B - AF EAEBA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Click to expand nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

l have windows 2000 and l keep getting local area connection network cable unplug

Relevancy 82.56%

Sir,i have recently bought a lenovo all inone desktop
Model:lenovo b320 series
It has worked quiet well with internet connection for about a week.now from the last three days,network is not connecting
even in lan and wireless connection
I have tried the same lan connection with other desktop.It is working in that computer
when troubleshooted,it is showing message as local area connection doesn't have valid ip configuration
I have tried disabling the ip6 and only enabling ip4,but of no use
when ping is run,it is showing as general failure
So,please advise me quickly
or else is it better to call lenovo customer care as it is under warranty.I have still 3 years of warranty

Relevancy 81.7%

My tower computer will off and on connect to the ethernet cable on its own will. When i initially hooked it up to the cable it was connected, but a week or so later it disconnected and went to wifi, and after that it continued an off and on cycle from ethernet to wifi but now it wont connect to ethernet at all. I checked my device manager and nothing has a symbol next to it. It is a iBUYPOWER - REVOLT with intel core i3-4150 cpu @ 3.50Hz, 8G RAM, 64 bit operating system, please help, the wifi is unbearable slow for when i want to watch livestreams.

A:The "Local Area Connection" is experiencing driver or hardware related problems

Disable the wireless connection (or just disconnect it if an external adapter), Restart the system, and show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-local-area-connection-is-experiencing-driver-or-hardware-related-problems.1145303/
Relevancy 81.7%

I have a Msi A WIFI IS NOT WORKING I AM CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET VIA ETHERNET CORE When i use troubleshooting this is what i get The quot Local Area Connection quot is experiencing driver or hardware related problems Windows help and Support can provide more information about resolving driver or hardware issues On the bottom For more information open Windows Help and Support When i click on The Area related or driver hardware "Local problems Connection" experiencing is that a new window with this appears Update a driver for hardware that isn t working properly If you have a hardware device that isn t working properly with your computer you The "Local Area Connection" is experiencing driver or hardware related problems probably need an updated driver There are three ways to update a driver Use Windows Update You might need to set Windows Update to automatically download and install recommended updates Install software from the device manufacturer For example if your device came with a disc that disc might contain software that installs a driver for the device Download and update the driver yourself Use this method to install a driver that you download from the manufacturer s website Do this if Windows Update can t find a driver for your device and the device didn t come with software that installs a driver The Windows Compatibility Center website lists thousands of devices and has direct links to driver downloads I HAVE UPDATED EVERYTHING USING WINDOW UPDATES I THINK I NEED TO DOWNLOAD ANOTHER DRIVE BUT I DON T KNOW WHERE Window edition ------------------------------------------------ Windows Home Premium Copyright - Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Service Pack System---------------------------------------------------- Manufacturer Mirco- Star INT L CO LTD Rating Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz Installed memory RAM GB GB usable Windows activation --------------------------------------- Windows is activated Product ID -OEM- - nbsp

A:The "Local Area Connection" is experiencing driver or hardware related problems

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-local-area-connection-is-experiencing-driver-or-hardware-related-problems.1072453/
Relevancy 81.7%

Just bought a new PC and installed Windows 7 on it, to find when I try to connect to the internet it gives me the error message I posted as the title.
Any tips on how to tackle the problem, starting from scratch?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-local-area-connection-is-experiencing-driver-or-hardware-related-problems.1066264/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,
I just ran a full scan in safe mode using Malwarebytes to remove the virus/trojan/I dont know. It took 3 hours and found 187 infected files, i removed them all and it said it has been saved in a log? Not sure where to find that info. Anyway, the virus took over my whole laptop, dell inspiron e1505, after the scan, i got my desktop back and everything, however, no internet. I opened network connections after reading differnt forums and everything is enabled and automatic isp. There is a red X and it says local wire unplugged under local area connections, im lost, please help. Also im not cpu savy, so be specifc, thanks in advance. Tony

A:[SOLVED] No Local Area Connection after installing Malwarebytes to remove Antispy Saf

A Red X with the message Local Wire Unplugged is an obvious message that that the Ethernet cable is not plugged into either the computer or the router/modem. Or the cable is bad. Check all connections, change the cable etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-no-local-area-connection-after-installing-malwarebytes-to-remove-antispy-saf-577340.html
Relevancy 81.7%

So I built a PC recently using Powerline for Internet access At first the PC wouldn t connect to the Internet so I moved the wireless router and the Powerline plug into another room and plugged them directly into the wall socket previously they were plugged into an extension lead I got Internet access on my PC but laptops and another PC were having trouble connecting to the Internet using Wi-Fi When I moved the router and Powerline plug back to their original place my PC wouldn t connect again all other computers could and I got the quot Local Area Connection doesn t IP Local configuration 7 Area - a Connection valid Solved: have doesn't Windows have a valid IP configuration quot error from the network troubleshooting tool So it s either I m the only one that does get Internet when I move the router Solved: Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Windows 7 or I m the only one that doesn t get Internet when the router s in its normal place Here s my ipconfig all results from my PC that won t connect Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Seb-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address BC- F-F - -BC- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B AA -FCC - EA- FD- A E B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt Click to expand nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Windows 7

you are doing actually doing two different things as far as i can make - is this correct

Move Powerline from an extension lead and it works - This is because some powerline adapters will not work on an extension lead - so thats (1) and

(2) moving the router is reducing the wireless signal

so you need to find a way to keep the router where it is and not use an extension lead- maybe a longer ethernet cable

from the wireless pcs can we see an xirrus screen shot - when its working OK and again when it is not - just in case its interference

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to haveNET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/ or
if you want to optimise base station position and signal strength / dead spots use
http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/apgrapher/ which has a graph function to monitor signal
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-configuration-windows-7.1063425/
Relevancy 81.7%

Okay I am having problems with connecting to the Internet I had a virus something to do with Command Services and the Blue Screen error I decided to go ahead and do the recovery thing before I did I couldn t connect to the Internet I was hoping that with the recovery it would fix the connection problem I was wrong Here is my computer information OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Solved: Local Error Connection while occured renewing interface Area Card NVIDIA GeForce LE Mb Hard Solved: Error occured while renewing interface Local Area Connection Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB M Total - Solved: Error occured while renewing interface Local Area Connection MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTek Computer INC NODUSM MS C S Antivirus None I have done the ipconfig then the ipconfig release then the ipconfig renew at this point I receive an error An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out What do I do to get back connected I was connected before the virus Now I can only connect with using the cable plugged in my laptop Thank you very much for any help and information I am sure I have really messed this up Alice Oh I do have antivirus Norton but I removed it before the recovery thing and have not replaced since I can t connect nbsp

Relevancy 81.7%

I always have the 'Local Area Connection' icon (the two little screens and the red cross) icon in my system tray. All I would like to do is remove it from displaying there, as it's not active. Can anyone help with this?

Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,
I have recently reinstalled XP pro on a PC and do not have internet connection using Internet Explorer or Firefox, I cannot ping either of my other two computers.
I have installed the Mother Board Drivers.

Device managed tells me that both network adapters are working properly, Local Area Connection tells me that I am connected although send/receive packets are about 1 (send) and 20 (receive) after an hour of being told there is a connection.

I multi boot with Windows 7 and a Linux system and they both have internet connection so it seems to be restricted to XP.

Any suggestions on what may be wrong would be appreciated.

A:Solved: network adapters good , local area connection good but no internet connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-adapters-good-local-area-connection-good-but-no-internet-connection.904920/
Relevancy 79.98%

Ok I got a problem that keeps me up all night lol I have windows xp home edition on an hp mini.
I also have a modem like from timewarner it works perfect when my ethernet cable is connected to my ps3 but
When itz connected to my laptop it say LOCAL AREA CONNECTION, CONNECTED, FIREWALLED but I can't access the Internet it use to work all of a sudden it doesn't and my sister said it works with wifi she tried it PLEASE HELP ONLY COMPUTER I HAVE currently using my iPhone....

A:Solved: Hp mini windows xp home edition local area connection connected firewalled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-mini-windows-xp-home-edition-local-area-connection-connected-firewalled.1025370/
Relevancy 76.97%

XPS 8700, Windows 7, using an Ethernet cable.
The Internet Access icon (in the system tray) will display a red X, then the icon will show spinning, then the icon will appear normal. It takes about 10-seconds for the entire process to occur.
During this time, connectivity to the Internet is lost. I'm using an Ethernet cable to connect.
Typically, it occurs when I'm asking for lots of data rapidly (e.g., flipping through online photos quickly or streaming a large video).
It always fixes itself. But, it's disruptive to my surfing... and annoying.
How might I fix this? Thanks.

A:Red X, Local Area Connection, Loses Connection, Spins, Reconnects

You might get a better response if you re-post this in the Networking forum.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992327
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium computer that is not connected to the internet. I have checked the drivers and they are all installed correctly and operational. When I go into the adapter settings there is no Local Area Connection adapter. I have included some screen shots of what I am seeing if they help.

-Chris

A:Local Area Connection missing from network adapters, no connection

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

In that computer management window (while Device Manager is selected in the left pane), select View from the menu bar. Then uncheck View hidden devices. Do you see any Network adapters now?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/295663-local-area-connection-missing-network-adapters-no-connection.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so I've looked around this forum and other forums for how to get back the Local area connection and i get stuck. In the Network Connections, I only have "1394 Net Adapter" and no Local Area Connection. What's going on. They say make sure in the device manager it is not disabled. But I only have the 1394 Net Adapter driver in the Network Adapters. Where is my local area connections driver ? Its not there !

I have a clear modem (CPEi 25150) and a D-Link wireless router (DIR-601) and they are connected and set up. It all worked fine before I reset my PC back to factory settings and wiped out everything, but now this happens and I can't get on the Internet. Help ?

A:Local Area Connection missing and no Internet Connection.

Hello,

Have you tried going to "Add hardware" in control panel?

Start -> Control Panel -> Add Hardware -> Click next, and it should detect the network adapter is connected to your computer but hasn't been installed and it should install it for you.

Post back here with results aswell

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-missing-and-no-internet-connection.1009995/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have used boot amp nuke to wipe clean an older XP desktop Then I used the XP installation disk to get going to the basic installation that enables the computer to function The plan is to get the network card working and then use updates and auto-detect to configure the remaining drivers I have done this with some success on a couple of other older XP machines previously I opened the case and worked out that the board is an Intel D PERL By going to the Intel website on another machine I have downloaded the network card drivers copied it to a USB stick and then transferred the drivers to the machine being re-built They all appear to have installed correctly - when I go to device manager it says that the quot Intel R PRO CT Network Connection quot is working properly When I go to Network Connections it says that the Local Area Connection is enabled But in the details pane it reports the following IP Address Subnet Mask Assigned by DHCP I have cross referenced the network configuration against another but address and IP Local enabled Area connection no no Connection XP machine and confirmed that the TCP IP properties are configured to obtain IP address automatically etc ipconfig all in the command prompt reports the following Windows IP Configuration Host Name stratus Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO CT Network Connection Physical Address - C-F - - B- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server Clearly I cannot get any connection to the internet I do not believe I would need to do any configuration of the home network itself because Local Area Connection enabled but no IP address and no connection it is Local Area Connection enabled but no IP address and no connection configured to be as vanilla Local Area Connection enabled but no IP address and no connection as possible too And the other computers connect to it fine Is there a step I am missing Have I installed the drivers incorrectly Any assistance much appreciated nbsp

A:Local Area Connection enabled but no IP address and no connection

IP addresses of all zeros are normally caused by one of the following.

Diagnosis:
DHCP Service not running.
Duplicate IP address on the network.
Bad NIC card drivers.
Defective NIC hardware.

Resolution:
Check Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. The DHCP Client service should be Started and its Startup Type should be Automatic.

Turn off ALL of the computers and other network connected devices, restart (power cycle) the router, then restart all the computers and other network devices.

Check for upgraded drivers and/or reload the Network drivers.

Replace the Network Interface Card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-enabled-but-no-ip-address-and-no-connection.892626/
Relevancy 76.11%

I was just wondering what the 1394 Connection icon was next to my Local Area Connection 2 icon in the Network Connections folder on Windows XP. Could I somehow connect thru that? Also it is enable and says I am connected however there is 0 packets being sent and received? Should I disable this or does it matter?

A:What is the 1394 Connection icon next to my Local Area Connection 2?

You can disable it if you want. This is for your Firewire port on your PC/Laptop you can use this to interconnect between 2 firewire controllers that support this function. Its just another form of computer connecting like Ethernet, and wireless. and USB. and COM port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-the-1394-connection-icon-next-to-my-local-area-connection-2.434766/
Relevancy 75.25%

I recently was uninstalling games in Control Panel- Programs and i deleted my local area connection thing so I can't connect to my comcast modemn to my computer. How do i get it back?

A:Local Area Connection

Check Device Manager (Start...type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter) - are there any problem devices listed there?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/local-area-connection-495481.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I recently had wireless internet hooked up at my home so I can use my laptop. I tried to set it up with Verizon but I couldnt connect to the internet. Verizon told me I had no 'local area connection" how do I go about getting one or installing it?

A:local area connection

what modem or router have you got to access the internet

Are you paying Verizon for a broadband connection , if so how is this supplied by telephone or cable ?

make and model of the PC
what windows version are you running

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection.1089698/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,
how do I restore the local area connection in my windows xp?

Thanks,
Gilbert

Did you plug the ethernet cable in?

That's a very general question with a ton of possible answers. Please provide some more details if you want us to help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-area-connection-489867.html
Relevancy 75.25%

the "local area connection" adapter is not working properly. then it says detect. actiontec dsl. They told me to download driver upgrade and put on disc then use it on computer and still no internet

We need to have information on make and models of all your the equipment please.

PC/Laptop
Router/Modem
Who is the ISP (Internet Service Provider)
Any other machines working - give details
How the PC or more are all connected - full details
What windows version is used - xp, vista, windows7, etc

-> firewall blocking - what firewall / secruity program do you have ?
-> wireless Encryption - Remove any wireless encryption from the router, and try to connect - post back results
-> The wireless is not switch on - most laptops have a physical switch or uses FN + f key to toggle on/off

you will need to copy the following into notepad and copy onto a working internet connected PC - using a thumbdrive/flashdrive/cdrw etc
{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all

-> Start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all
post back the results here
TWO Methods to do that - if you cannot access the internet with PC, then use method 2 to copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Method ONE -------------------------------------------------------------
start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Method TWO -------------------------------------------------------------

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Ping Tests}
Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Ping the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all
Post back the results

Ping google.com
Post back the results

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.191.93.53
post back results

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} > network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X

for windows 7
start > control panel>
System and Security>
Device Manager

---------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection.899557/
Relevancy 75.25%

I just installed a new XP Home on my Dell laptop.

My main destop in connected to the internet via Cox. However, I can't connect to the internet on my laptop. I have run a cable from my desktop to another room and connected to a D-Link. I used a DP-G310 by D-Link. But know it does not light up. Does this mean the D-Link is broke and should be replaced.

I get the message "A network cable is unplugged."

How do I correct this? Thanks.

A:Local area connection

Hi bfburton99

You may have connected to the wrong networking device. The DLink DP-G310 is a print server, and not a router (of course, you plug printers into print servers). Here's a link to information about the DP-G310 --- http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=DP-G310&tab=3 ---

It's also possible that perhaps you just copied the wrong numbers.

Cox will have provided you with a cable 'modem' at the least, or with one of the newer "residential gateway" devices (these combine the duties of a cable 'modem' and a router in one box). You'll want to connect your Cat5/Cat53/Cat6 ethernet cable from your PC to a "LAN" port on either your residential gateway (if you have one), your router (if you have one), or directly to the cable 'modem'.

Once connected to an active port, you should be able to access the Internet using your favorite browser. Make sure you have a firewall active & an antivirus program installed before connecting.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-area-connection-522452.html
Relevancy 75.25%

A pop up keeps saying that a network cable is unplugged also Local Area Connection 3

A:local area connection 3

More information is required. Are you connecting to the internet wired or wirelessly? If wirelessly. it is just telling you that you do not have a network cable plugged in, which you know, as you are connected wirelessly. If you are connected wired, try replacing the Ethernet Cable, try a different port on the router. Go to your computer manufacturers support/download drivers site and type in your service tag# or your make and model # and download the network adapter driver for your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-area-connection-3-a-652587.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a New Seanix Seanote laptop and every morning I have to reboot the computer 3 to 4 times to get a "Local Area Connection" to the internet. Under My Network Places then "Properties" I do not see a Local Area Connection until I reboot a few times.
There is another connection there call a "1394 Connection" but no "Local Area Connection"
Does anyone have any idea's I have already reinstalled the drivers for the on board Nic.

The 1394 connection is firewire, Not having a Local Area Connection though, is a problem ...Take your Laptop back to the shop ...get them to fix it ...it's new , therefore under warranty .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection.359870/
Relevancy 75.25%

hello, im trying to create a network bridge so i can connect to xbox live using my laptop but there is no local area connection icon or anything. im running a SONY VAIO VPCCA1S1E/G with windows 7 home premium 32 bit, how can i get the icon or something to make it work? help is appreciated :)

A:no local area connection help please!

Hi thefirstandlast, on your windows 7 pc, click on the windows orb/start menu, type in network and sharing center, press enter, then click on "change adapter settings" on the left side. Do you see a "Local Area Connection" there? If so, right click it and make sure it is enabled. You can make sure it is enabled by seeing it has the option to disable.

It might be missing from your taskbar. To see if this is the issue, right click your taskbar, and click properties, then click on Customize under the notification area section of the Taskbar tab. Make sure the "Network" icon has the behavior set to show icon and notifications.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-local-area-connection-help-please-610106.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I have Windows XP on my computer. On the control panel when I click Network Connections/Local Area Connection I see that my Local Area Connection is disabled. When would I click Enable and when would I click disable as to my Local Area connection? Thank you very much. Murrar

You only need the LAN conn if your not using your Broadband conn or if on the move and in a wifi hotspot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/298194/local-area-connection/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have set Local Area Connection as first choice, Wireless Network Connection as second. In the tray icon,it is finding for the connection, it took almost 2 min.or so to find the LAN connection.  I have set the metric of LAN to 10 and wireless connection to 12 and also disable wireless connection. I would like it to start directly to local area connection at start up instead of searching for others before to local area connection. My OS. Windows 7 ultimate.
         Thanking you.

I have set the metric of LAN to 10 and wireless connection to 12 and also disable wireless connection.
Metric?  Mind explaining what that is?  As far as I know, you don't have to set anything.  Given a choice between a wired and wireless connection, Windows will always connect to the wired first by default.  Also, once your ethernet cable is always plugged in, Windows shouldn't have to "search" for other connections before "finding" the LAN connection.  If that is happening to you, something is definitely wrong.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610560/local-area-connection/
Relevancy 75.25%

I got my Local Area Con to work in this few days, connecting two of mine pc-s with cable and both of them got internet now...

Problem is:

on my first pc wich have direct conection to a modem, in My Network Places, where are shared data folders from both machines.... both shared data folders are in "THE INTERNET" Category, while on my other machine are separeted in two categories "Local Network" - PC without modem and "The Internet" - PC with modem or direct link to internet.

Here are the Screenshots:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-area-connection-397654.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Please,

i need detailed instructions how to connect two pc-s with lan cable
so i can play in network and browse on net with both..? Thanx

A:Local Area Connection Help

get a router. plug cable or dsl modem into WAN or Internet port of router. plug both computers into router's switch.

you may need work on IP settings and firewall settings before everything is working properly, but let's start there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-area-connection-help-394716.html
Relevancy 75.25%

G'dday folks, long time no see, hope you are all well.
Been doing some stupid things with XP and now my wireless connection is not active.
Right click on the Icon brings up the box that shows "Status" "Repair" "Delete" as Greyed out and inopperative. How can I enable them to allow a repair and connection?
PCMI card when plugged in does not light up (Dynamode WL-GI-300B)
Got a few more probs with XP in general but will pop those questions up when I can get online with the machine.
Many thanks as usual.

Relevancy 75.25%

My desktop computer has been unable to connect to the internet. It is wired, but there is no icon in the network connections window. The cable works on other computers, just not this one. In device manager there is no network adapter for it. Also, there is a code 12 error with COM1. When i enter the ipconfig /all command the only thing that shows is "Windows IP Configuration". Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

A:No Local Area Connection

If there's no network adapter showing in Device Manager then the adapter is most likely faulty and will have to be replaced with a new one (ie a new network card which fits into a PCI or PCI-Express slot depending on whichever type of slot your PC has).

The code 12 error on COM1 is a separate issue:

Code 12
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12)
Cause

This error can occur if two devices that are installed on your computer have been assigned the same I/O ports, the same interrupt, or the same Direct Memory Access channel (either by the BIOS, the operating system, or both). This error message can also appear if the BIOS did not allocate enough resources to the device.

Recommended resolution

You can use the Troubleshooting Wizard in Device Manager to determine where the conflict is, and then disable the conflicting device.

Disable the conflicting device

1. On the device Properties dialog box, click the General tab.
2. Click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard. The wizard asks you some simple questions and provides a solution to your problem based on the answers that you provide.
3. Follow the resolution steps provided by the wizard to resolve the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-local-area-connection-596667.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I keep getting this pop up from my Zone Alarm stating that I have a Local Area Connection Unplugged? Does anyone know what this means? Is someone getting into my system?

Please help

Relevancy 75.25%

I am trying to hook up a VISTA computer to communicate with the internet. Using XP you had to go in and select the Local Area Connection and place the IP, Subnet,Default and then the DNS1 and DNS2 in the local area connection block and save and then you could get on the internet. How in the H--- do you do it in VISTA. Pulling out my hair Help Please!

Go into control pane --> network and sharing center, manage network connections on the left hand side, right click the network adaptor and click properties.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/local-area-connection-309081.html
Relevancy 75.25%

New to the forums, try to bear with me please...
I upgraded from windows xp home edition to XP pro x64 today. Upon finishing the install I was unable to connect to the internet. This brought me to discover I have no local area connection under my Network Connections, just the 1394 connection. I have tried adding a new connection, and installing motherboard drivers from the cd. The mother board is a nForce 680i SLI socket 775. I'm kinda coming to a loss here, but am left to believe maybe it has something to do with the x64... I had checked the device manager as well, and the only network adapter present lists as the 1394...

A:No Local Area Connection

You'll need to get a x64 driver for your Network Connection adapter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-local-area-connection-184270.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I shut down my computer a few days ago and when I restart it does not connect. I get the following statement, " Local area connnection unpluged via Rhine II Fast Ethernet. However I also get "1394 Connection Connected.
Thus I am able to use my laptop. Any suggestions?

Thanks

sounds as if the 1394 adapter (used for Firewire) got bridged to your LAN adapter.

checkout the properties of both in View Network Connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection.81986/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi I have have a new icon shortcut added to my Network Connections folder This has never been there and I m seeking some support help info about this Where to start I m running Win Xp home Sp Athlon SB Audigy ATI everything is up to date software wise my comp is about years old I m having no problems with it s operation Havent installed any new hardware Area Local ??? ... 2 Connection in years I ll also add I have not just made any MS updates so I know that didn t have any thing to do with the changes It s been Local Area Connection 2 ... ??? a couple of months I m behind on updates I m using a dial up modem nothing else avail for my area I frequently use the Windows Task manager via Ctrl Shift Esc Due to the dial up configuration sometimes things are slow so I Local Area Connection 2 ... ??? ll bring up the task manager and view the Networking Tab To verify that I am actually networking via the internet Such as when uploading email with an attachment of good size it takes a while So I ll click the bring up the Task manager and view the Local Area Connection 2 ... ??? Neworking screen to make sure things are transmitting sorta speak Yesterday about noon I did this very thing When the Task manager came up displaying the networking screen I had Two screens Where before there was just the one screen and it was for my internet connection and it displayed my provider name and showed the graph relating to network traffic Just as it should The one screen was now in two parts upper and lower The upper screen now displayed Local Area network Connection Status Opernational I thought what s this I then went to my Control Panel opened Network Connections and sure enough I had a new icon shortcut for Local Area Connection Before there had only been one icon labled with my providers name Now there are two The new Icon which looks the same as the other says Microsoft TV Video Connection seems to be connected and functioning via it s properties Properties shows it to have the same configurion as my Dialup connection Which are Client for Microsoft Networks and Internet Protocol TCP IP I did not install this nor configure this It seems to have been automatically installed in my quot Network Connections Folder quot Sence I have never had any apparent need for this due to I have no need for any Network connection as a local entity I tried to remove it Right click and you see the options for Disable Status Repair I thought at least if this is some kinda invasion I ll just disable it Nope Disable wouldnt work I got this mesg when trying to disable It is not possible to disable the connection at this time This connection may be using one or more protocols That do not support Plug-and-Play or it may have been initiated by another user or the system account Sence this is a local Network connection disconnecting my modem connection didn t help I still couldn t disable it This part about another user or system account has me worried I d like to just get rid of this Network connection I do not know where this came from Let mke add this I don t know if it has any relivance Yesterday before I discovered the newly formed Area network Connection I had been using my sound recorder software Doing some music work In this software under the record function where you pick this source for input I noticed there had been a change to the options I usually use the wave input source sence all the input is local My option for wave had been changed The wording was changed It no longer reads wave it now is wave out-mix I don t know how nor why this got changed either I ve been tampered with or Microsoft has added some changes due to my functions with the comp I did add a microphone yesterday to my SB mic input connection Although this isn t really new I have had a microphone connected before I just wanted to mention this other change about the wave thing I m really not concerned about it It s the new Local area Connection that I m concerned with Any help input I would be ... Read more

A:Local Area Connection 2 ... ???

Hi....anyone reading the start of this thread....... the (Local Area Connection 2) that was found in my...(Network Connections), is gone ....... No longer their........
I was in the middle of many sites .......and didn't want to do a reboot,nor would I have figured it would have made any diff.....
I shut down,at about midnite..... Turned comp off.......
Started comp back up at 10am Tue,and the new addition to my (Network Connections),was gone........ There is no longer,an icon for (Local Area Connection 2)
It was their configured and all,then it was gone......... Ya got me !!!!
In any case.....Unless I start a new thread,in continuation of this one,
I personally declare "This case in question,closed".............
Thanks for any time you invested in reading the thread...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-2.651003/
Relevancy 75.25%

Let me tell you a bit about my set-up. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and my internet connection is via a Bt homehub.
My problem is every time I start up my PC I don't have internet connection.
The only way to get it is to go to local area connection and disable it, then go back in and enable it and then I have internet access.
I have taken screen shoots of whats happening.
Not sure if the file has uploaded so sorry if you don't see it. New to this site so having to get used to it.

Alan

Can any one see the word file I attached as I can't.

Alan

Assuming that's a wired and not wifi connection.

Before you boot, disconnect from the BT and let the system present the desktop, then
connection to the BT, wait 30sec and you should have a connection.

Your Firewall should be left active

Like to see the View Connections, but copy the text from this and past into your follow-up:
start->Run->enter IPCONFIG /ALL

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection.156433/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi Guys,
I am having a problem with my network connection on an XP PC. 3 times already today, the Local Area Connection in The Networks folder in Control Panel has disabled itself.

I simply re-enable it and everything is fine.

Any ideas on why this happens ???

David

Disable the XP SP2 firewall and monitor this...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-area-connection-24238.html