Windows Support Forum

acer aspire 5733(b. new) won't connect to internet

Q: acer aspire 5733(b. new) won't connect to internet

hi, my brand new laptop, acer aspire 5733 556G50MNKK, connected to my network, but not with the internet.
can anyone help me with this??

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: acer aspire 5733(b. new) won't connect to internet

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 95.89%

Had big problems. Got software restore. Can't start from disc. Changed boot order, nothing. f8, f10, f12,got my no where. Won't start in safe mode. I don't have the options that the instructions with the discs say I should have. Here are my options:

1. IDE1: Pioneer DVD-RW DVRTD10RS
2. IDE0: WDC WD5000BPVT=22HX2T1
3. Network Boot: LEGACY PCI Device

1. Goes to eRecovery and just sticks there with a blue spinning wheel
2. Goes to f8 menu with no option for recovery or repair. When trying to start normally it goes to a blue screen with an error message that is gone to fast to read. Restarts
3. Goes to black screen with some unreadable stuff except for the word "failure". Restarts

I let eRecovery go for about 10 hours and it never booted up. Not sure what to do and tech support is a joke. Please help.

Relevancy 92.88%

Hi guys Just looking for some help regarding my Acer aspire its only around a year old now and haven't had a problem like this with previous laptops desktops The problem started a few days start acer after aspire 5733 system to fails restore. ago acer aspire 5733 fails to start after system restore. when id forgotton to put the charger in while I was still using it and it eventually shut itself down After putting the charger in and switching it back on all seemed normall until around seconds after turning it on when the screen flashed blue with a lot of writing on which I could not work out then it went straight to the screen where you can either start normally or start acer aspire 5733 fails to start after system restore. using start up repair At acer aspire 5733 fails to start after system restore. first I pressed start normally which resulted in the blue flashing screen and a restart which took me back to the start normally or start up repair screen Then I pressed start using startup repair which lasted around hours before displaying a recent hardware change might be the problem which isn't the case as ive not replaced any hardware whatsoever I clicked send info to Microsoft for more info but im not sure if that makes a difference or not Anyway I was then presented with a box which had option for start up repair system restore Acer recovery management etc I couldn't perform a system restore as it said I dont have a restore point which I know I definitely created but for whatever reason was not shown I then performed a memory scan from the same screen which restarted the computer and displayed a blue screen and a grey progress bar it said in yellow writing no problems have yet been found after completion system will restart and show results of the scan next time it starts however after it restarted it did not show any results but went straight to the start normally or with start up repair screen after the blue flashing screen I pressed start with start up repair to get back to the screen that showed all the options and it did that in around a minute again telling me a recent hardware change might be the cause I then tried to do everything again several times to no effect so I decided to go into Acer recovery management where I had two options restore to factory settings or restore and retain user files I chose to restore and retain user files as I would like to keep my personal files I couldn't back them up on disk as there was no option to do that and I dont have original back up disks to restore from anyway the restore completed and restarted the machine with no problem and started to run through the initial setup the first screen displaying setup starting services for a good minutes were the screen then goes completely black and all the fans stop and goes completely quiet all would suggest it was switched off if it wasn't for the power light indicating it was still on after a few minutes the fans start spinning again and the screen stays completely black and then returns to the previous screen it was on before and then prestents me with a dialogue box that says windows could not complete the installation To install windows on this computer restart the installation Which I do and the whole process just repeats itself with the dialogue box and restarting like a cycle and is where im up to at this point I will gladly answer any more questions in more detail as I know this a brief explaination Thanks for taking the time to read this and any answers or help regarding this will be much appreciated thanks again guys

A:acer aspire 5733 fails to start after system restore.

Hi and welcome to the forums,

Are you able to boot into Advanced Boot Options at all?

Advanced Boot Options

If so, then try Last Know Good Configuration.

Failing that please refer to this tutorial:

Troubleshoot Windows Failure to Boot

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289732-acer-aspire-5733-fails-start-after-system-restore.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello all this is my first post on these forums, and hope you guys can help.

My cousins laptop had some issues with the os, so I installed windows 7 ultimate 64-Bit, but the issue is when I plug it in it will not charge, the battery LED says it is but the battery icon says it isn't.
Or sometimes it says its plugged in (The icon) for only a while then it says its unplugged, once I re plug it it will back to say its charging and then so on.
It actually says its charging and have done the power button hold, the Microsoft ACAPI thing in the Device Manager and nothing works. I have no clue what this is and if there is something that could help.
Thanks for the help and If you need more details feel free to ask.

A:Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Acer aspire 5733 Plugged IN but no charge

Welcome to the forums!

This will check your battery life. How old is this laptop? Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report

Does the battery charge at all? I mean , even if it says it isn't does it take and keep a charge?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282896-windows-7-ultimate-64-bit-acer-aspire-5733-plugged-but-no-charge.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Alright, as the title explains, my computer won't use any form of headset's mic, like at all. Not even its own built in mic, please halp, and I know not **** about computers, so if you could like, explain in ******* terms, I would be incredibly grateful. It might help that I'm a computer gamer, so this would be awesome if you guys would help me. Thank you!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5733-wont-use-logitech-h390s-mic-but-picks-up-sound-wont-detect-voice-on-any-mic.194573/
Relevancy 82.56%

So I have a relatively new (only about 3 weeks old) Acer Aspire laptop...now my internet worked all fine and dandy up until about 36 hours ago. For some stupid reason my laptop will not connect to wireless networks, now at first I just thought "boo the wireless is probably ******" but that is not the case because the internet works perfectly fine with other laptops. I've tired my school's wifi, along with my home's and the library's (I'm using a library computer right now).

It keeps saying that my home network is an "unidentified network" and subsequently I cannot connect to the internet. It's very frustrating because I have restored the system and it still won't work.

GAH! HELP PLZNTHNX

Relevancy 81.7%

We have a Cisco wireless rounter and internet provided thru Cant connect wireless internet Acer Desktop Aspire our to my a time warner Cant connect my Acer Aspire Desktop to our wireless internet cable modem My son just moved back in with us and we can not figure out how to get his Acer Cant connect my Acer Aspire Desktop to our wireless internet Aspire AX desktop to commect to our internet When we do network search it pulls up our internet no problem When we hit the connect button it comes up with a box with options add add l information or connect to another network when we click the conect and add addl info it comes up with another box wanting us to list username password and logon domain we have no idea what this is we have tried adding our passcode and network id but it does not work He also has an Acer laptop all he did was turn it on and search for the network then put in the key and password and it was connected I believe both the CPU and the laptop are using windows vista can anyone tell me what we are supposed to be putting into those questions in order to get his laptop connected to our network and have internetaccess He really needs to get connected to the internet there arent even any unsecured internet connections around here he could borrow off of -I He has an online computer class and need to use Cant connect my Acer Aspire Desktop to our wireless internet his desktop because it is newer and much faster than his lapop nbsp

A:Cant connect my Acer Aspire Desktop to our wireless internet

Hi;Have you tried disabling encrpytion on the router and trying to log on ?

Also,make sure that mac address filtering is not enabled
I also note that this may not have come with a wireless adapter as shipped.I am assuming that you have added an external wireless adapter.
Also,May we see:
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-my-acer-aspire-desktop-to-our-wireless-internet.1015337/
Relevancy 81.7%

I just bought a Acer Aspire 3935 its running Vista Home Premium 32bit!
I've checked Ivp4 -6 all on auto. Same with DNS server. I can connect to the modem but i only got local access no internet and its an unknown network! Damn Vista -.-'

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/291822-acer-aspire-3935-cant-connect-internet-wirelessly.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Well the problems connect to but can browse aspire the internet wifi not one Acer exactly what the title says i can connect to my wifi but not the internet I tried a variety of the different solutions that i ve found online e g updating Acer aspire one can connect to wifi but not browse the internet the driver uninstalling the driver then rebooting causing it to reinstall as new hardware reseting my tcp stack but so far no luck I ve connected it to the same network using an ethernet cable and it all works fine the same can be said for when i connect to any other wireless network It only seems to be my wireless network which doesnt work We recently changed our internet in the house from bt to virgin and this was when the problem started however all of the other wireless devices work fine For those who want to know my wireless driver is an atheros ar eg And my ip configuration shows C Documents and Settings Alex gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name blue Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast E thernet NIC Physical Address - E- -BD- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Ad apter Physical Address - - - - -C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Thanks nbsp

A:Acer aspire one can connect to wifi but not browse the internet

what security do you have on the wireless ? - try removing wireless security and see if connects
are you running vista ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007
We have recently been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapter over the last few months, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and windows Vista.

The adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
--- Please post back here if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver." That apparently has worked for some posters.

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section, as some manufactures, appear to now have a working driver available.
Toshiba - update has worked for some PCs
HP The latest HP Atheros driver dated Sept 2010 has fixed the issue - so check the driver date, However, that does NOT apply to all HPs / Compaqs machines
- the poster did an online scan for driver updates on the HP website here HP Product Detection which resulted in a solution. Solved: Can't connect to internet wirelessly - Atheros AR5007 Wifi through Clear Comm - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you can post the Make and EXACT model of your PC here, along with the windows version you have and we will see if we can find the driver and will post a link as a reply here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) A few posters here with the same issue have found that the driver from this site ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows resolved the issue
Threads are here
Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: NetGear WNDR3700 Incompatibilty W/ Atheros AR5700 - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Local connection only when connected to secured wirless - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Unidentified Network - Tech Support Guy Forums
Unidentified Network
I do NOT know anything about the site mentioned ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows However, a number of forum members have now successfully used the site to update the driver

However, if you do decide to try the driver, Please let us know the outcome

Direct link to the drivers are below
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " click to download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

AR5007
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista
Although this driver has shown up in BSODs (Blue Screen Of Death) on Vista SP2 systems, usually conflicting with updated Vista OS drivers like netio.sys, tcpip.sys and other networking related drivers.

AR5007EG
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista
Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

You might also bug your laptop's tech support about the problem--maybe people can put pressure on Atheros to find a fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-can-connect-to-wifi-but-not-browse-the-internet.1020954/
Relevancy 81.7%

This unit will not connect to internet or wifi have been using on wifi. Hooked direct and its the same thing says no connection. Is it worth the money to repair? Running win 7 on it.
Thanks
Ben

A:ACER Aspire 5733z-4851 Won't connect to internet

We have no idea if it is a problem with your ISP. Yes, connections do go down from the ISP end.

Please post the brand and model of modem and if you use a router, the router too.
If you have both, connect the computer directly to the modem to be sure it is not a router problem. If a router goes bad, you will lose wired and wirless access.

Also what security programs are you running? A firewall can block internet access.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/126346-acer-aspire-5733z-4851-wont-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 80.84%

please help!!!
My aspire 5315 laptop will find, set up and connect to any router (wireless or Ethernet) but after that it won't connect to the internet. I've tried all diagnoses and all recommended repairs but nothings work. I've even tried a whole system reinstall with no luck. The internal wireless adapter is obviously fine but I just can't understand how if its connected to the router fine then why not the internet.. all fireware settings are fine also.
Someone please help

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi, my internet connection is fine, my videogames and other pc's are running off o my wifi just fine. as was this laptop until a couple days ago. I can pick my network like I could normally but after I connect to my network it will not connect online. even if I plug the cable into the laptop directly. I would appreciate any help....this is such an odd problem. Im running on windows 7 btw

A:Cant Connect my Acer Aspire 5532 to the internet, wireless or wired

I am experiencing this same problem since this morning. I receive updates buy I cannot access the internet nor play WOW. I have an Acer Aspire 5532 with ATHEROS NPLIFY 802.11 WINDOWS 7 OS 3 GIG RAM 180 GIG HARD DRIVE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-my-acer-aspire-5532-to-the-internet-wireless-or-wired.1001749/
Relevancy 79.98%

hi please can anyone help i bought a acer one net book for my daughter for her birthday in a couple of weeks it s second hand in really good condition when i first got it it connected to my home broadband wireless and i got on the net i got it out yesterday and now it wont connection i ve checked and it says wireless network connection talktalk- active but when i click firefox it says it can t find server the system is running ubuntu the actual message says can t find server at start ubuntu com but even if i try to go on anything else server on find can't to internet firefox connect wont acer one aspire just says it can t find server it told me to check poxy or firewall setting i can t find firewall but i found proxy and choose none but still no luck please can someone help i really need to sort this before my little girls birthday and it worked when i acer aspire one wont find server on firefox can't connect to internet first checked it so maybe something i ve change and hopefully something simple i m grateful for any help please thanks nbsp

A:acer aspire one wont find server on firefox can't connect to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-wont-find-server-on-firefox-cant-connect-to-internet.983666/
Relevancy 73.1%

hi everyone.I have an ACER laptop Aspire 5733 with a 3Gb Ram that I m trying to increase to 8Gb. I bought 2 modules of 4gb each (http://www.kingston.com/en/memory/search/?partid=kvr13s9s8/4).from what I can see on the ACER specs (http://panam.acer.com/acerpanam/notebook/2011/Acer/Aspire/Aspire5733/Aspire5733sp2.shtml#sup_5) the max RAM supported is 8Gb.. unfortunately each time I try to insert the 2 new modules, W7 Home premium (64bit) wont load, and keep on getting an error message.. is there something I m missing there?Oli

A:RAM increase aspire 5733

Hello, Do you have the same issue with only one memory module of 4Gb?For information, here is an original memory module of 4Gb: Link.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/RAM-increase-aspire-5733/td-p/463727
Relevancy 73.1%

Big time. I have run the recovery for their back to the box settings. Prior to that used 3 cleaners and shut down WIFI.  The problems remain, can't update Windows, use restore, they are on the NEST thermostat and show as the WIFI. s password even tho' the router is totally unplugged.Any suggestions?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-5733-hacked/td-p/434380/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi, I don't know if this is the right location for this question but I did not see my laptop in the list or understand the choices in the select location colum.  I started the recovery and I put in all the disks and I am now at the point where all the disks are out of the laptop and the software and updates are being installed. I got to the screen that says its installing sysprep-factory mode. The progress bar is full and its at 36 of 36 and after where it says installing sysprep-factory mode.... it has these pulsating dots that looks like its still loading info. but its been at this point for about ten hours now,( left it over night) is it frozen or is it posible it takes this long. Thanks for any help.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Hi-I-am-recovering-my-aspire-5733-6424-using-the-recovery-disk-I/td-p/437773/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 72.24%

So I was looking around the Acer site because I can't seem to find the ACC application on my machine (Aspire 5733-6838) and found that there are no App/BIOS/Driver etc., etc. updates since 2013. Are there seriously none for it. I didn't figuer on "no longer supported" after only 3 years. I just want to make sure everything is as current as it can be. Any suggestions besides SlimDriver?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5733-6838-updates/td-p/436305/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi, I don't know if this is the right location for this question but I did not see my laptop in the list or understand the choices in the select location colum.  I started the recovery and I put in all the disks and I am now at the point where all the disks are out of the laptop and the software and updates are being installed. I got to the screen that says its installing sysprep-factory mode. The progress bar is full and its at 36 of 36 and after where it says installing sysprep-factory mode.... it has these pulsating dots that looks like its still loading info. but its been at this point for about ten hours now,( left it over night) is it frozen or is it posible it takes this long. Thanks for any help.

A:Hi, I am recovering my aspire 5733-6424 using the ...

Did it tell you to take out the last disk before it was completely finished?I would put it back in and see if it helps. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Hi-I-am-recovering-my-aspire-5733-6424-using-the-recovery-disk-I/td-p/437773
Relevancy 71.81%

I have an Acer - G MnkkI bought it back in it came with gb RAM finally decided to add some RAM to it since it has not been RAM working Acer not 5733 performing to well lately I bought this gb RAM http www takealot com kingston-val y PLID Specifications - KVR S S - Type DDR SODIMM- Capacity GB- Speed PC MHz- Size amp Bit M x - Pins pin- Single Rank x - CL VI installed it but Acer 5733 RAM not working when I put on the laptop it gets stuck in an automatic repair loop I have the free Windows - it originally had Windows I have tried to remove the old RAM and only use the new one but I still have the same problem It starts says Auto Repair goes to a blue error screen different error messages - Bad memory bad pool header system thread exception not handled and then restarts I initially thought there was a problem with the RAM I sent it back and got a new one but still having the same problem Acer 5733 RAM not working When I remove the new RAM everything starts up fine Am I missing something here Thanks in advance

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-5733-RAM-not-working/td-p/437621/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 70.95%

I installed it but when I put on the laptop it gets stuck in an automatic repair loop, I have the free Windows 10 - it originally had Windows 7.I have tried to remove the old RAM and only use the new one but I still have the same problem.It starts says Auto Repair, goes to a blue error screen (different error messages - Bad memory, bad pool header, system thread exception not handled) and then restarts.I initially thought there was a problem with the RAM, I sent it back and got a new one but still having the same problem.When I remove the new RAM everything starts up fine.Am I missing something here?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/I-have-an-Acer-5733-382G32Mnkk-I-bought-this-4gb-RAM-Kingston/td-p/437638/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello!

I have Acer Aspire 5733 notebook. I have searched all over the net XP drivers for wireless adapter Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter and couldn't find any. Also tried installing win7 drivers and many other that i digged up but none of them worked. Did anybody had similar problem, or knows how to help me. I know this is win7 forum but I'm out of solutions. Thank you. vendor: 168C; device: 0032. Official Acer website doesn't have xp drivers. Tried manual installation with add hardware but again zero effect. Notebook came with linux mee go.

A:Acer 5733 wireless driver

Free Driver Download for Atheros AR5BWB225 Wireless Network Adapter

Here seems to be a load of drivers, Please ensure your Running 32bit for 32bit drivers.

GoodLuck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/207725-acer-5733-wireless-driver.html
Relevancy 70.95%

On wireless, the screen of my brand new Acer 5733 keeps dimming down, no matter what I set the brightness level on Fn+ F3. Seems OK with mains connection, although flickers when connected. help appreciated

A:Acer 5733 screen keeps dimming

There`s probably a timer dimming the display to save power and I`m sure a bit of digging around in the power options will find the setting.

Jenny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-5733-screen-keeps-dimming.1066052/
Relevancy 70.95%

I installed it but when I put on the laptop it gets stuck in an automatic repair loop, I have the free Windows 10 - it originally had Windows 7.I have tried to remove the old RAM and only use the new one but I still have the same problem.It starts says Auto Repair, goes to a blue error screen (different error messages - Bad memory, bad pool header, system thread exception not handled) and then restarts.I initially thought there was a problem with the RAM, I sent it back and got a new one but still having the same problem.When I remove the new RAM everything starts up fine.Am I missing something here?

A:I have an Acer 5733-382G32Mnkk, I bought this 4gb ...

You might be better off populating both slots with a 2x2GB or 2x4GB matched-set arrangements. You also might have better compatibility with crucial ram offerings specific to your particular Acer model. Jack E/NJ  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/I-have-an-Acer-5733-382G32Mnkk-I-bought-this-4gb-RAM-Kingston/td-p/437638
Relevancy 70.95%

I lost the shredder 64 file. I followed the instructions to restore the computer and after it finished it said it would reboot and to wait for the reboot. I did not reboot. There is a message on the screed that says "Setup is starting services" it never goes any farther. I tried the alt F10 and it did not work either. I bought this computer as a reconditioned unit and it worked perfectly until I tried to get the shredder 64 back. I tried putting a rescue disk in the D drive but it doesn't recognize it.

Jeff35

A:Acer 5733 Wont boot

Not enough information to help. Please run this. http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-5733-wont-boot.1140545/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello my new Acer Aspire Notebook has my IE homepage stuck to global acer com and I can t change it through any of the IE options Use Blank Use Current or typing it in manually - I m trying to set it to Google I went to this page to solve the problem http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb EN-US q Home page setting changes unexpectedly or you cannot change your home page setting As per Microsoft s instructions I tried changing the quot Start Page quot value in quot HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot but I got the following error quot Cannot edit Start Page Homepage Explorer Can't Acer on Aspire (global.acer.com) Change Internet Notebook Error writing the value s new contents quot There was no quot Default Page URL quot entry in there I was able to change the quot Default Page URL quot value to quot Google com quot under quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot and the quot Start Page quot value in there was already set to quot http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd SUB PRD amp clcid SUB CLSID amp pver SUB PVER amp ar home quot The quot Default Page URL quot and quot Start Page quot entries don t exist in the quot HKEY USERS Default Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot key Lastly the quot HKEY CURRENT USER Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook quot subkey doesn t exist either I would Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook appreciate any help you could give me thanks nbsp

A:Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-internet-explorer-homepage-global-acer-com-on-acer-aspire-notebook.493639/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi

I've got a Acer 5733 laptop and it's had nothing but problems.

Whilst under warranty, i returned it to acer for a faulty hard drive. They replaced it.

Once the warranty had expired, it happened again so i replaced the hard drive myself and reinstalled windows. It then happened again, so i assumed that it had been a faulty hard drive that i'd used, so i bought another and installed windows. This one has now also failed.

I'm pretty sure it's not worth fixing again but just wondering if anyone could shed any light on what's causing these issues all the time and whether there's a fix for it? It's been driving me mad!

Or should i just sell it for parts and call it quits?

Thanks for your help

Relevancy 69.23%

sometimes my acer aspire (with linpus) will randomly disconnect from the net. The only way to get it back is to shut down and turn the machine back on again. This seems to happen for no reason. The little light at the bottom right of the keyboard goes off when this happens, and the switch underneath won't turn it back on.

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Thanks

A:acer aspire won't connect

If you are connecting by Wi-Fi, and
If "The little light at the bottom right of the keyboard" is a LED indicating whether the wireless is on or off, and
If "the switch underneath" is the wireless switch

I would guess it is a overheating or other hardware problem. Make sure the air vents are clear and you are not blocking them by having the unit on a soft surface. Next step would be to contact Acer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-wont-connect.832944/
Relevancy 68.37%

To transfer digital miniDV films to my computer Aspire V5-551G I need to connect the videocamera.The camera has a 4 pin Firewire IEEE 1394 and supporting software.My Aspire has HDMI, Ethernet, USB3 and USB ports, but not IEE 1394/Firewire.Do you have any solution? BR / Ulltom

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/How-do-I-connect-my-Acer-Aspire-V5-551-HDMI-to-a-Panasonic/td-p/434757/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 68.37%

I just got my Acer Aspire P3 upgraded to Windows 10 few days ago. Yesterday I found that I cannot connect the laptop to LCD projector anymore. While googling to solve the problem, I then noticed again that I cannot chage the screen resolution of my laptop as well-which might be the original cause(?) I then updated all the drivers using the resource from Acer Website. But the problem is still there.. Any help, Please  

A:Cannot connect to LCD Projector, acer aspire p3, w...

probably the main issue is from the Intel VGA driver. when you connected the projector, have you tried to press windows key logo + p and selected duplicate?this to check if you can mirror the screen image to the projector?  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Cannot-connect-to-LCD-Projector-acer-aspire-p3-windows-10/td-p/386400
Relevancy 68.37%

I have registered for Acer Community and set for abApps on my laptop. I want to link my iPHONE to my laptop? Can not seem to find a linf on the Ace web page.Dumber than a sack of hammer handles,I know. Howerever any help you can give me will be appreciated.Using Windows 10.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/hOW-DO-I-CONNECT-MY-IPHONE-TO-MY-ACER-ASPIRE-E-15/td-p/466396
Relevancy 68.37%

New job and would like to use own laptop Can connect fine to wifi at home but unable to connect to work wifi Have not checked ethernet cable as it s not really an option When I connect to the work network - I am seeing bars and but on connection I get bar and no access connect 48202T Can Aspire Acer to the internet Thank you in advance Have had someone somewhat technically minded in work check out my laptop and they are at a loss Windows IP Configuration Host Name Aisling-PC Can connect Acer Aspire 48202T Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled Can connect Acer Aspire 48202T No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix froebel ie Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address C - A-A - - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -E - - - B-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d ca ddc a f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Default Gateway fe e e ffff fe b b f DHCP Server DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B C D-F B- A- C -E A DDFDE C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab e a d ea Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e a d ea Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Medi... Read more

Relevancy 68.37%

I just got my Acer Aspire P3 upgraded to Windows 10 few days ago. Yesterday I found that I cannot connect the laptop to LCD projector anymore. While googling to solve the problem, I then noticed again that I cannot chage the screen resolution of my laptop as well-which might be the original cause(?) I then updated all the drivers using the resource from Acer Website. But the problem is still there.. Any help, Please  

A:Cannot connect to LCD Projector, acer aspire p3, w...

probably the main issue is from the Intel VGA driver. when you connected the projector, have you tried to press windows key logo + p and selected duplicate?this to check if you can mirror the screen image to the projector?  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Cannot-connect-to-LCD-Projector-acer-aspire-p3-windows-10/td-p/386400/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi ,

I've an Acer Aspire 5738 Laptop using windows Vista
recently my Laptop hasn't been able to connect to my Wifi (which my mobile can connect to through out the house)
it can see the network but can't connect to it
I tried to install and install drivers from Dev manager , no luck
the ethernet controller has got a yellow ! mark
I've changed the router , no luck
I think it's a drivers problem , any ideas ?

can u please help ??

thanks

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi I am using ACER G laptop Recently I have got wifi connection at home All other devices like mobile and laptop can connect to this wifi but my acer G laptop does not Following is my machine information generated using Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer JV Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled I have read this forum and tried to update the drivers windows system is updated Firewall I have checked and allowed portable wireless devices but no luck Laptop is not even detecting the available wifi connections I am able to connect to internet through LAN on same laptop Can someone connect Acer not WIFI Aspire to 5738G please advice me what could be the problem and how to resolve it Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

My girlfriends Acer Aspire notebook and will not connect to her wireless internet anymore. she has a Linksys WRT54GS2 Wireless-G Broadband Router. i connected to her internet with my compaq presario QC60-419WM notrbook and now her notebook will not connect.

A:Acer Aspire notebook detects network but, won't connect

I can't imagine that connecting a different computer to the router has anything to do with this issue.
Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wireless laptops, have you made SURE the wireless switch is on?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-notebook-detects-network-but-wont-connect.876288/
Relevancy 67.08%

Can someone please help My partners Aspire laptop will Cannot 5315 connect Acer Aspire Wifi home to not connect to our newly installed Virgin wifi Virgin have tried to access while hard wired and can see no issue with wifi my laptop runs without issue Samsung Q When trying to connect Windows Network Diagnostics the message that comes up is Cannot communicate with primary DNS Server Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response We can take her Aspire laptop out and connect to friends WIFI Virgin BT etc without any issues but cannot do this on our own wifi at home Every diagnostic thats been run shows no issues with anything The wireless adapter details are as follows Cannot connect Acer Aspire 5315 to home Wifi Adapter name Atheros AR EG Wirelss Network Adapter MAC Address - F- A- - B- DHCP Cannot connect Acer Aspire 5315 to home Wifi Enabled Enabled IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server Primary DNS Server Secondary DNS Server When I hard wire the internet through the ethrnet connection I have no issues but kinda defeats the purpose of WIFI for my partner Any Einsteins out there that can offer assistance nbsp

A:Cannot connect Acer Aspire 5315 to home Wifi

Is Einstein the one who talked about perseverance and making hundreds of mistakes before hitting on a winner? Well, anyhow, the Einsteins here are probably too busy inventing or something to spend a couple months putting together the information you need.

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

Atheros AR5007EG & AR5007
We have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters for about a year, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and windows Vista.

The adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
--- Please post back here if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver." That apparently has worked for some posters.

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section, as some manufactures, appear to now have a working driver available.
Toshiba - update has worked for some PCs
HP The latest HP Atheros driver dated Sept 2010 has fixed the issue - so check the driver date, However, that does NOT apply to all HPs / Compaqs machines
- the poster did an online scan for driver updates on the HP website here HP Product Detection which resulted in a solution. Solved: Can't connect to internet wirelessly - Atheros AR5007 Wifi through Clear Comm - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you can post the Make and EXACT model of your PC here, along with the windows version you have and we will see if we can find the driver and will post a link as a reply here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) A few posters here with the same issue have found that the driver from this site ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows resolved the issue
Threads are here
Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: NetGear WNDR3700 Incompatibilty W/ Atheros AR5700 - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Local connection only when connected to secured wirless - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Unidentified Network - Tech Support Guy Forums
Unidentified Network
I do NOT know anything about the site mentioned ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows

However, if you do decide to try the driver, Please let us know the outcome

Direct link to the drivers are below
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " click to download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

AR5007
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista
Although this driver has shown up in BSODs (Blue Screen Of Death) on Vista SP2 systems, usually conflicting with updated Vista OS drivers like netio.sys, tcpip.sys and other networking related drivers.

AR5007EG
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista
Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

You might also bug your laptop's tech support about the problem--maybe people can put pressure on Atheros to find a fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-acer-aspire-5315-to-home-wifi.1025553/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi, I just installed the Anniversary Update (Feature update 1607) along with KB3194496 and KB3176936 and the Broadcom drivers for Wifi and Ethernet do not seem to be working anymore. I can connect to a network, but it just says "No Internet". Can anyone help?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5251-1805-cannot-connect-to-WiFi-or-Ethernet-since/td-p/459869
Relevancy 67.08%

I have been trying to connect my laptop (Acer Aspire 4710Z - Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit) to my Bluetooth Speaker (IBall Tarang V7).

But can't do the same.

In the device list it is showing the speakers added, but when i check the properties it shows bluetooth peripheral device driver missing.

I tried searching the drivers in google but didn't get the right stuff.

Please help me!!!!!!

A:How can i connect my Acer Aspire 4710Z to bluetooth Speaker

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Have you tried Update Driver to see if Windows can find a Driver for the Device ? ...

I have searched on the Iball Website does not seem to be any Drivers or even Information available about your Model ...
I even looked at some other Models they do not seem to have any Drivers either ...
So i read some of the Manuals they only had a brief description nothing else ..
I did notice though they do have a Support section ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/357207-how-can-i-connect-my-acer-aspire-4710z-bluetooth-speaker.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi
I recently bought an acer aspire one netbook with atheros AR5BXB63 but I can't connect to my home wireless network which is WEP.
What should I do?
Regards

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello
Im trying to setup laptop to play DVDs, and use occasionally presentations, through this SHARP LCD TV...both of which have HDMI ports.

I have attempted to setup via Control Panel >> Display >> Multiple Monitors...but to no avail as yet.

My system information is as follows:

ACER ASPIRE 5336
WIN 7 HOME PREMIUM 64-BIT SP1
INTEL CELERON T3500
4 Gb RAM (DDR3)
500 Gb H/D (HITACHI HTS 545)
REALTEK AUDIO (HD)
GENERIC ACER PnP MONITOR (1366 x 738 @ 60HZ)
INTEL MOBILE 4 SERIES EXPRESS CHIPSET FAMILY (ACER INC)

SHARP LCD LC_32SH13 TV

Any/All help or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Neil

A:How do I connect ACER ASPIRE 5336 Laptop to SHARP LC_32SH13 LCD TV

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Use Winkey + P and see if Duplicate display is selected,
Also make sure the t.v. is set on the HDMI port your connected to,

If no joy right click your desktop,
Work your way through these settings,

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/349638-how-do-i-connect-acer-aspire-5336-laptop-sharp-lc_32sh13-lcd-tv.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello!
I´ve Acer Aspire 5738ZG Laptop using Windows 7 Professional.
Recently my Laptop hasn´t been able to connect to my WIFI.
Which other laptops I have internet connection.
I get the following message-The card wireless network connection is disabled
Can you halp me.

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi.
I am new here. Just signed up since I was lurking in the threads for days and STILL cannot
find out a solution to my problem.

I have an Acer Aspire 5315 Laptop w/ Windows Vista.

I cannot connect to wireless internet when I try to it says "Windows cannot find any networks" I currently have another computer that is connected to the same wireless network I am trying to get my Acer to connect to. When I click "Diagnose why Windows can't find any networks" it says "The network adapter "Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Apdapter is experiencing driver or hardware issues"

Please help I work from home and need to access wireless internet to submit my orders !!!

Thanks !

Relevancy 66.22%

Dear All, Have been facing problem connecting to the wifi router. Have recently upgraded to windows 10. Microsoft says hardware supplier shall provide drivers for wifi adapter. Kindly help with new drivers for Windows 10. Yours truly,[email protected]

A:Acer Aspire 5551-4200, unable to connect to wifi r...

"Microsoft says hardware supplier shall provide drivers for wifi adapter."That would be if the hardware supplier offered and supported Windows 10 in that laptop.I'm sorry to say that Acer only Supports  32 & 64 bit Windows 7'There are no official drivers for the Aspire 5551 for Windows 8,8.1 or 10. Are you running 32 or 64 bit O/S?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5551-4200-unable-to-connect-to-wifi-router/td-p/422590/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I have an Acer Aspire X desktop I am running Win and have tried two different wifi adapters and they install but they will not connect It is almost as if my computer itself is blocking the adapter I spoke to an Desktop, Aspire to X3950 W7 Acer unable Adapter connect WiFi On Networks rep for over two hours and he tried everything from reinstalling to rebooting and tried three different drivers He was from a different country and when I told him what the troubleshooter said he would not deviate from the script they give them hours and he was not even close It saw the device but it wouldn t even blink Acers website nor customer service will Acer Aspire X3950 Desktop, W7 unable to connect WiFi Adapter assist me because my warranty is expired They want me to send the computer back but I have a feeling it is an easy fix I just don t know enough about computers to say oh just uncheckmark this box I know in the past I used wifi but switched to an ethernet cable I don t have the option to use an ethernet cable at this time Any assistance would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Acer Aspire X3950 Desktop, W7 unable to connect WiFi Adapter

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

Install one of the adapters, make sure you have the latest driver from the adapter manufacturer's web site, and ...

What exactly happens when you try to connect?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Identify your network if it is not obvious.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-x3950-desktop-w7-unable-to-connect-wifi-adapter.1094290/
Relevancy 65.79%

I just got the Acer D150-1055 before I left for vacation and noticed that I can't seem to connect to a WPA2 wireless internet connection. What are possible ways to fix this? I don't have a lan connection for the netbook. I have tried uninstall the network card on the device manager and reinstalling but it doesn't work. Are there any other solutions? There is an atheros ar5007eg wireless card inside.

A:Acer Aspire One D150-1055 - Atheros AR5007EG Can't Connect to WPA2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-d150-1055-atheros-ar5007eg-cant-connect-to-wpa2.831022/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey there guys my Dad purchased an Aspire E - recently for my th birthday and I've been struggling with internet problems At first I thought it could've been Acer E1-571 Aspire Internet Issues? my own internet issue but the problem is replicated at a friend's house and boyfriend's house and I've tried it with multiple browsers so it's clearly an Acer Aspire E1-571 Internet Issues? issue with the laptop itself It seems to me that the internet just keeps cutting off at very frequent periods at least every minutes if not Acer Aspire E1-571 Internet Issues? sooner but rarely at longer Acer Aspire E1-571 Internet Issues? intervals It'll just continue trying to load a page endlessly or eventually tell me that the page cannot be loaded despite the internet signal showing that it's on It's practically unusable and very annoying -- especially as a lot of my wages come from making articles online and I'm struggling to access the internet having already thrown out my previous laptop Any ideas what the problem is All I could think it may be is a driver problem or the network card is busted Thanks in advance

A:Acer Aspire E1-571 Internet Issues?

I'm getting the worrying sinking feeling that I'm not going to get any help from Acer here then, especially seeing as the reply that was here yesterday has been deleted. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-E1-571-Internet-Issues/td-p/49999/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a SimCard in this laptop thats accessed behind the battery.
I have no internet connection at home at the moment, and I was wondering is there a way for me to connect my home computer via ethernet or via my Belkin Modem/Router to this laptop and use the internet?

I'm running windows 7.
I've connected the computer straight to the laptop via Ethernet but on the computer it just sees the laptop as an unknown network.

So is there anyway to get internet on my computer via the laptop?

*Sorry if I didn't make sense.
The simcard thats in the laptop allows me to have internet access. Anywhere I go. So the laptop has access to the Web.

Relevancy 62.35%

This is my first post here, so I hope I'm in the right place!
I have an Acer Aspire 5100 notebook and I'm having trouble connecting to my home network.
My wireless internet was working fine until Saturday night, when I couldn't get internet access.
When I go to Network Diagnostics, I get a message that says "This computer does not have a wireless adapter installed and configured."
Under Network Connections, the Local Area Connection says "Network Cable Unplugged."
Also, the Wireless LAN communication indicator in the front won't light up, and it shows a message on the screen saying "No Wireless Device."
However, my computer is the only one that can't get internet access--the other laptops with wireless internet in the house are getting internet fine.
How can there be a cable unplugged if all the other computers are getting wireless internet?
Thanks for the help!

A:Can't get internet access on Acer Aspire 5100

Are you running Vista or XP on that laptop. In any case do this..

vista click on the circle
click on run
type: devmgmt.msc

xp click on the flag (start)
click on run
type: devmgmt.msc

scroll down the list for Network Adapters
click on the [+] to expand the tree
click on the wireless driver
then right click on the wireless driver
click on uninstall

Before you do anything you should have the lastest wireless driver for your laptop from Acer support site for the 5100. Download that now, then click on uninstall the driver. Reboot the PC and login back

Install the new driver and you should be okay now.. If it doesn't work then their could be an issues with the onboard wireless driver..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-internet-access-on-acer-aspire-5100.105296/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I'm trying to sort out my friends laptop she had alot of programs including bear share which by using IObit uninstaller I've tried to remove. The laptop is running on windows vista as far as I can tell. There's no working antiviral program and I'm trying to connect to my network so I can download something to cover it as I'm fairly certain it's full of viruses. Her laptop connects to network but when I open internet explorer or chrome (she has both on here) neither works, it tells me DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET. I've restarted router, run diagnostics and nothing is working, please can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5535-internet-problem.1164297/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey I just got a new Acer Aspire 3050 laptop. With it came Windows Vista. I was easily able to hook it up to my mom's hub. But for some reason it all of a sudden can't go onto anything internet related. It shows there is a connection. It tells me that IPv6 Connectivity is limited. From what I know on Internet Explorer it's a DNS Error and I tried some tips on another topic about it but still nothing. Any ideas? Thanks, Daeva.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-isnt-working-on-acer-aspire-3050-a-165291.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I bought a new Acer E1-532 laptop last week, because my HP crashed. This product had good reviews online so I decided to purchase it. However, it has a lot of trouble staying connected to the internet. It doesn't seem to reach very far. I also often have to reset my router from my laptop, because it loses connection. It will often show that my laptop is connected to the router, but the router isn't connected to the internet even though other computers aren't having a problem connecting. I never had this problem with my old laptop. When I look up network adapters I see I have Broadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit Ethernet and Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter. I don't know if these are junk or not, but I've never had a problem with laptops connecting to the internet for 10 years and I can't imagine the technology on this new computer would be any worse. Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624161/new-acer-aspire-e1-532-has-trouble-connecting-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 62.35%

My sound works all fine when playing music etc from the laptop but when I am using Internet for Youtube or Skype it sounds like Donald Duck. In Skype the other part hear and see me well but I am unable to fix why all Internet sounds are so bad.

I have >8MB/s on both up and downlink. Any idea from someone? I have tried all I can think of. Is it due to only 1 GB RAM? But video is OK in skype…

A:Acer Aspire One Internet sound is crap

i fought this for 3 weeks, then found this solution. sound plays like a dream now. dont really play much music on my AA1, but when windows boots and it sounds like a chainsaw, i search for a solution.

http://winhlp.com/node/10

did this on 2 customers brand new AA1 from wal-mart, they think im a genius!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-internet-sound-is-crap.794085/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,Just bought an Acer Aspire E15 and have been setting it up today and managed to get connected to the internet through the wi-fi however I have noticed that the wifi keeps dropping and leaves me with nothing and then I have to manually go in and select the router again. This is happening all the time, I am on the internet for no longer than 2 mins before I get the unable to access the network. There is no problem with the network it just seems to be my new laptop. I looked this up and was told to change the power management settings and did so and am still have the same problem. I also updated the driver and again am still having the problem. Also tried ipconfig /flushdns and again the problem persists!! Please can someone help me!!!Many Thanks

A:Acer Aspire E15 limited internet connectivity issu...

mccann88,

I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to keep a connection. I would like to make a suggestion of just trying another network to see if the problem persists. There could be a router/configuration conflict. You can also try doing a reset to the router to see if that helps as well if you have not already. If the problem persists, you can contact our technical support group for further assistance.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-E15-limited-internet-connectivity-issues-Wifi/td-p/328969
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi Guys , I'm using Acer Aspire One D255 Windows XP . But I just install new Windows 7 Home Pre 32bit . I can not access internet . I checked "Device manager" and they showed that I have no driver for [Ethernet Controller, Network Controller ,and Video Controller] . I think I deleted Windows.old already , so now I can't recover the original driver . I did a search but can't find anywhere . So please help me you guys .

the picture like this :

Thank you

A:Need driver for Acer Aspire One D255 -> I Can not access internet

Welcome to the forum Batista
Visit the following site and choose what is appropriate drivers for your netbook

Free Netbook Software Downloads ? Acer Aspire One D255

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/233509-need-driver-acer-aspire-one-d255-i-can-not-access-internet.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello, I have an Acer Aspire R1600 desktop, OS XP Home. The specifications says LAN: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready WLAN1,2: 802.11 b/g/Draft-N, but it does not connect to the internet wireless. I went to the control panel and tried to confirgure it but it is not working. Can someone help me, please?/.

Thank you

Carlos

A:Acer Aspire R1600 NOt Connecting to the Internet via WLAN

can we see a few things - also make and model of the router
is anything connected to the wireless and working OK
is the wireless secure and when you connect asking for a passcode

otherwise if we could see the following information

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-r1600-not-connecting-to-the-internet-via-wlan.959820/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello, I keep getting BSOD on laptop even after fresh Windows install. Here is some info then the dump file.

Caused by address
0x00000124

Caused By Driver
hal.dll

Caused By Address
hal.dll+12903

Crash Address
ntoskrnl.exe+6f840

I did update the bios just for this reason from 1.02 to 1.18 from Acer website. Adds solution to enhance the kernel behavior to avoid debug code 0x59, is what it said is latest fix, but I believe this to be another problem, since it just recently started happening.

A:Acer Aspire 5253 BSOD hal.dll & ntoskrnl.exe while on internet.

Hello and welcome to the seven forums, please follow these instructions and a BSOD expert will look at your problem

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370949-acer-aspire-5253-bsod-hal-dll-ntoskrnl-exe-while-internet.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I just purchased a new ACER Aspire Z- laptop Windows Home Premium that will not make a wireless connection to my router modem Versalink W Laptop recognises the wireless signal but can not connect With ethernet cable connected internet connection is made but very slow Wireless connection was made through neighbors router not mine so disconnected so I know it will connect with different router Tech support with sever provider after mins result was not a problem with them because laptop recognises the wireless signal Tech support with ACER via chat result was their quot knowledge with this problem is limited quot and wanted to Aspire internet connection make not New wireless will ACER pass me off to quot Pay for support quot to resolve the issue I was able to squeeze this from ACER chat support New ACER Aspire will not make wireless internet connection quot unable to connect because several settings need to be made to computer quot New ACER Aspire will not make wireless internet connection Brand new computer I refuse to pay for support from manufacturer After searching here TSG I do not see a quick and easy fix As I have days to return product restock is this a major on going problem should I return for refund or continue to resolve the issue Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

My Acer Aspire running Windows 7 and using an ethernet cable can't find an internet connection. It was working fine then I downloaded a pre-loaded version of Microsoft Office 10 suites and the next time I tried to get online the connection was gone. I didn't download the Office from the internet so I can't imagine it is a virus but I don't know what could have happened. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Acer Aspire running Windows 7 won't find an internet connection

Quote: Originally Posted by mfort212

My Acer Aspire running Windows 7 and using an ethernet cable can't find an internet connection. It was working fine then I downloaded a pre-loaded version of Microsoft Office 10 suites and the next time I tried to get online the connection was gone. I didn't download the Office from the internet so I can't imagine it is a virus but I don't know what could have happened. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Suggestion :
Do a system restore> Pick the date before you " downloaded a pre-loaded MS Office " as your restore point.
Hopefully, that will give you back access to internet.

>>>> I downloaded a pre-loaded version of Microsoft Office 10 suites......

Were you trying to say that your computer had a pre-installed " trial version " of Microsoft Office 2010 when you first bought your computer. Trial version has since expired, and you tried to download a full paid version of the Microsoft Office 2010 ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/169791-acer-aspire-running-windows-7-wont-find-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My Ace Aspire 5315 connects to my network (which is states is unidentified) but will not connect to the internet. I've tried resetting the ipv 4, 6, logs, winsock, etc and other solutions i found in different forums, but to no avail. When I disable my WPA2 security settings, it will connect to network (identifies my network name) and to the internet. Once I enable my WPA2, I'm back at square one. HELP ME PUHLEEEZE!!! Oh, here is the TSG SysInfo for my laptop:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 530 @ 1.73GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 22 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1013 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 320 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 33293 MB, Free - 9333 MB; D: Total - 33029 MB, Free - 32925 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Acadia
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled

A:Solved: Acer Aspire - Connects wirelessly to network but not internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-connects-wirelessly-to-network-but-not-internet.1050673/
Relevancy 61.06%

a few days ago i moved to dorm, and there is a wireless connection here but it is weak cause it's not intended for us who are living here. our connection is meant to go through a cable..and now the funny thing is..i managed to instal the securew2 (something we had to instal cause every student has his own acc for logging in) and when i come to the computer room i CAN go on the internet through the WIRELESS connection..but when i plug in the internet cable in any room and through any cable..it keeps saying that there is no internet access, and it doesn't recognize the host (or whatever its called) now im desperate and please do you have any idea how to help me fix it

Relevancy 61.06%

First post here I hope this is the correct place to put this will to wired hookup Aspire or wireless Netbook Acer not One internet? post if not please move I just bought a used Acer Aspire One netbook and Acer Aspire One Netbook will not hookup to wireless or wired internet? I am having some issues When I got it the pc needed windows updates done So I did that but I am not sure all the updates worked properly as the machine shut down but never rebooted after finishing updates After I turned it back on I tried to connect to the internet through my wireless router which is working fine for other devices nothing So I tried a wired connection nothing again The wireless is finding my router it is just not hooking up to the internet I tried ipconfig all in the cmd prompt and all it shows is that the media is disconnected Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on The compute seems to be functioning fine except for the internet Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks All Im running Window I think starter edition

A:Acer Aspire One Netbook will not hookup to wireless or wired internet?

Have you checked Device Manager to see if there are any devices listed (especially any network devices) to see if they have a yellow ! next to them to indicate they have a problem? Windows update may have installed a driver that broke things. You could try a system restore to a date prior to the updates.

If that gets you going then you could try reinstalling the updates making sure that you don't allow Windows Update to install updated drivers for your hardware. Driver updates should come from the mfr of the hardware, not MS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/244407-acer-aspire-one-netbook-will-not-hookup-wireless-wired-internet.html
Relevancy 60.63%

hi all I have 2 acre aspire laptops one is a acer aspire 5552 and the second one is 5551-a both of them has the black screen of death I have tried a external monitor tried new ram striped Botham down and reconnected everything back to the boards also have removed the battery and held the power button for 1 min + reconnected the battery and power cable with no success any help would be great .
many thanks
Gary

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5552-and-acer-aspire-5551-a.1165973/
Relevancy 60.63%

It has worked since I bought it around 6 weeks ago but for the last week or so the connection has failed randomly. Yesterday it stopped working totally. The windows diagnostic report says that Windows could not detect a properly installed network adaptor- and to re-install the driver.How do I do this?Thanks

A:Acer Aspire Acer Aspire Switch 10 will not connec...

Hi Mills,1. Get to Device Manager(Hold Windows Key & then tap letter "X")2. Under device manager check if you find any other Devices or unknown devices,. if yes you may need another computer to download the files from acersupport.com3. If Not expand network adapters, check if you see the Wireless adapter, Right click uninstall & restart the unit.4. If the Device is not detected underOthers / Unknown devices / network adapter, please contact Acer as it is a suspected Hardware Failure.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-Acer-Aspire-Switch-10-will-not-connect-to-wireless/td-p/344379/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

What is the difference between these 2 Notebooks??? Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HAhttp://www.amazon.com/Acer-R3-131T-P7HA-Signature-Edition-Windows/dp/B014LGK1P2 Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P344http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-R3-131T-P344-11-6-inch-Notebook/dp/B012IBOCR0 The specs seem the same. Only difference I can tell is about $50 on amazon. Thanks.

A:Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HA vs. Acer Aspire R 11...

Well the P344 is blue. I have one that is hotrodded a bit (8GB, Samsung EVO SSD) - original 500GB is now in a USB 3.0 external - and I consider it the best of all my portable devices

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P7HA-vs-Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P344/td-p/417230/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

hi there everyone,
can anyone help,
Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180
i have these two computers and would like to know witch one i should upgrade,
wich one is the better computer- (
and when decided
what should i upgrade
and what are the best parts to use,
or the best way to do it,
and how do i know what parts are compatible
im not looking to spend a fortune,
but i dont mind spending a bit, as long as its worth it,
kind regards
edward

A:can anyone help, Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180

First, each model has multiple hardware specifications. So I have no way of knowing the hardware configurations of either unit that you have.

Second, upgrades are limited on OEM PC's. Your only options will be RAM and the video card. And in the case of the video card, the power supply may not be able to handle a decent card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-anyone-help-acer-aspire-m1610-or-acer-aspire-t180.1021214/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I've just got a new router I can't access the internet on my laptop. The laptop has local access to the router, and I have no problem connecting other devices to the internet through the router.

The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5315.

I'm not very technologically minded, so any really basic instructions for things I can try would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 60.2%

i decided to try avast interent security today, so i installed it, went fine then it asks to reboot, i reboot then as soon as its loading the logon screen i get a message: error: logon initialization process failure... i click ok and it just pops up again, the only i can reboot is a forced restart, so i go into safe mode and system resotre back to last successful boot, it boots up fine, but i cant use avast internet security.

stupid acer...

A:avast internet security dont work with acer aspire 5935

You may be interested in this thread: Logon Process Initialization Failure - Neowin Forums

Have you tried installing Avast again?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/71634-avast-internet-security-dont-work-acer-aspire-5935-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Apparently my Broadcom 802.11 SDIO adapter is not compatible with Windows 10. There are 2 wireless adapters on my computer and neither work. Do I need to download a new adapter to a flash drive and install on the computer? If so can you recommend the correct adapter? 

A:Can't connect my Aspire switch 10 to the internet....

Did you change the Operational System?Did it work before?How did that issue happen?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Can-t-connect-my-Aspire-switch-10-to-the-internet-Running/td-p/444433/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 59.77%

Apparently my Broadcom 802.11 SDIO adapter is not compatible with Windows 10. There are 2 wireless adapters on my computer and neither work. Do I need to download a new adapter to a flash drive and install on the computer? If so can you recommend the correct adapter? 

A:Can't connect my Aspire switch 10 to the internet....

Did you change the Operational System?Did it work before?How did that issue happen?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Can-t-connect-my-Aspire-switch-10-to-the-internet-Running/td-p/444433
Relevancy 59.77%

Wife has small Acer laptop running 8.1 and running wirelessly. It keeps on losing internet connection although shows full wi-fi signal. Icon shows asterisk and network connection shows 'limited'. Acer suggested complete reset which has been done several
times and then have installed new motherboard but it still has the problem. Have checked for and installed network adapter driver (Realtek) updates but problem still persists. It works ok for about 1 or 2 weeks after a reset but then it all happens again.
TalkTalk changed the router to eliminate that.  My desktop runs without any problems wired or wirelessly as do two other laptops (all now updated to Windows 10) and two Android phones. Dare not update Acer to Win 10 until I know it is not Acer problem
as guarantee about to run out. Spent 6 months trying to sort it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/58efe2ff-dc0f-442a-80f2-e061dd9eef5d/acer-aspire-switch-10-running-windows-81-loses-internet-connection-intermittently?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 59.77%

my laptop wont connect to a wired or wireless network in my house. its an acer aspire 5741 series. the other laptop that im using to write this connects to the modem with no problems. all mobiles are connecting fine aswell. is my computer broke?

A:no internet access wired and wireless-windows 7 acer aspire 5741 series

can we see an ipconfig /all from the faulty PC
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-wired-and-wireless-windows-7-acer-aspire-5741-series.1070079/
Relevancy 58.48%

My friend gave me her old Acer laptop (Travelmate series 2300. Model ZL1). She reformatted it before giving it to me but then I had to get a new harddrive installed. Now, I can't connect to the internet at all. It doesn't even recognize the laptop charger. I can't connect wirelessly and when I plugged my modem in and tried searching for my AOL ISP uaing the "refer me to more ISPs" shortcut under the online services folder, the laptop couldn't connect. It says unable to connect.

A:Acer Laptop can't connect to internet

did you get all the appropriate drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-cant-connect-to-internet.780902/
Relevancy 58.48%

Ok well
I have a laptop, thats an Acer (and a Vista if that matters)
and when I try to connect to the internet, it connects, but I can't access the internet.
It also says WLAN is disconnected
and LAN is disconnected

my WLAN is enabled though.
and the internet is working, just the little earth symbol that appears between the two computers aren't there, and when I go on explorer, or mozilla, it says
"Cannot display page"
When I try to connect to internet , it says "connection to WLAN failed"
*sorry I'm not much of a tech guy*

Anyone have a solution to my problem?

A:My Acer wont connect to internet?

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-acer-wont-connect-to-internet.776706/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello, I'm new here as I'm having troubles with my windows XP as it can't connet to the internet.

I'm using an Acer Aspire T180 (GB72), which originally had vista, but i just recently decided to go back to XP after a year of bad things happening with it.

There are 2 drivers missing in the device manager
This is a screen of it

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/7...managerps2.png

It isn't the setup of the internet either as I'm able to dual boot Ubuntu (via Wubi installer) and can connect to the internet with it.
I'm using a broadband modem with a Netgear WGR614v6 Router.

I can recall one driver I need is a Marvell Yukon Ethernet controller?

Sorry if im not giving enough information.

I hope to hear some good news

A:Acer T180 SP2 can't connect to internet

if you have not noticed... you need to download the drive from acer.com or .ca and click service and support then drivers downloads type in your computer model and there will be drivers for both xp and vista heres the link for the card you need i hope i helped :P
http://us.acer.com/acer/service.do?L...CRC=2054404012

don't forget to download every single driver just incase download all of the lans im thinking you might have marvel if you need more help private message me :P

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-t180-sp2-cant-connect-to-internet-268156.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I m new to this forum and am a beginner so sorry before I get started I purchased my computer from Walmart com a Acer to my internet connect on Can't Solved: little over a year ago Probably December January of - Immediately the power source cord became loose and it beeps repeatedly unless the volume is turned off I ve had problems trying to connect to the internet off and on It will say I m connected but have no access to the internet Solved: Can't connect to internet on my Acer I recently moved and my new problem is While we were trying to connect my boyfriends computer which is a personal use computer - a stationary at-home computer to the new internet service it said his drivers weren t installed So we tried it on my laptop I left and while I was away at work they connected to the internet on my computer after a very long time The power died and that s the last time I was able to access the internet I had the land line plugged in I tried it again after charging but it didn t work It says somethings about quot can t read IP quot Or quot invalid IP address quot I don t understand what that means I then took my computer to the library and the mall to try to access a network and couldn t access I think it said I was online but had no limited access When I opened a browser I couldn t connect at all I m wondering why it says I have an invalid IP address How I solve this We haven t set up a router yet but my boyfriend did install his drivers so it s working But my computer can t pick up the land line anymore nor will it pick up free public networks Any advise at all would be very appreciated thaknks nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

My acer laptop with windows 7 works fine but when I tried to connect to the internet today it would not let me connect. I've tried configureing it but still no connection. It appears to be an adapter problem. just don't know where to go from here? never had a problem before now.

A:Acer laptop won't connect to internet

is it a new laptop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351468-acer-laptop-wont-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I am trying to help my neighbor. Her laptop will not go online. First the ethernet cable drivers were not installed.. Installed them. Ran CCleaner, avg, Malwarebytes (on fast & it found 1.. Removed it./restarted PC) Now I  am running it on the Full scan...

It is Windows 7 ... 32... Internet explorer 11.02

When I go online it gives me this error:

This Page can't be displayed
-make sure the web address http://msn.com is correct
-Look for the Page with your search engine
-Refresh the page in a few minutes

It gives me the option to fix connection problems.. when I click on it I get told Troubleshooting couldnt identify the problem.

If I go to a page she has never been, it just stays a blank page & doesnt go anywhere...

Ping results are attached..

Any advice? TYIA

A:Acer Laptop Will NOT connect to the internet..

Can se get to http://65.55.206.228 ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518288/acer-laptop-will-not-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have an ACER Aspire 5920 laptop (vista) that up until yesterday I've never had any problems with.
It now connects to the BT hub but doesn't actually connect to the internet - also, plugging in the lan doesn't connect me either. I've restarted the Hub I don't know how many times, but my other computer still connects perfectly, which makes me think it's a problem with the laptop..
Help would be awesomeeeee

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, so I have an Acer laptop, and it won't connect to the internet. Whenever I try it says Local Only and won't let me access anything on the web. This happened a few months ago, and I had recently switched to a new router. I know this question has been asked before, but I've tried all the non-specific solutions, and non of them worked. Please help.

Also it won't even connect when I use a non-wireless, ie cable, connection.

A:Acer Laptop Won't Connect to Internet, Local Only

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

can we see an ipconfig /all and xirrus

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to haveNET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user gu... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-local-only.1064207/
Relevancy 56.76%

The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M
I am attaching a few pictures of what comes on the screen when I turn it on.
Even in safe mode it does not let me log in, it attempts repairs, it fails and then goes to the black screen with the white cursor.
If I try to start windows normally it loads the logo and then goes to the black screen.
Yesterday, in an attempt to do repairs it was replacing invalid security drivers or something like that and it was taking ages so I had to turn it off.
For the last week it took very long to start up, failing to configure windows but it would eventually let me log in.
Since yesterday I am only getting the black screen. it is windows 7 by the way.

i need a very quick reply please

A:Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M goes black after acer logo loads

Quick reply!!! Save your data and restore back to factory. Always have a back up image of your OS on a external drive for next time you have this problem!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5742-intelcore-i3-380m-goes-black-after-acer-logo-loads-984193.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I restarted my computer like normal and for whatever reason the computer is now stuck at the Acer boot screen. I try to press DEL to enter Setup and I even tried pressing F12 to go into the Boot Setup, but for whatever reason the computer does not respond to anything.

To shut it off I have to hold down the power button and eventually it shuts off.

Stuff to know:
- I have a wireless mouse and keyboard being used on that desktop.. Should I perhaps try to plug in a corded mouse and keyboard?
- I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate.
Thanks

Relevancy 56.33%

Hey There First of all I'm a studend so I can't speek good english cause I live in Switzerland plz write in German if you can So my Problem I've found a Acer Aspire G with Windows Vista This was so slow and annoying So I deleded the whole OS and installed Win Home Premium x Now I'm searching some drivers for my Notebook My biggest Problem is the sound driver In Vista there was a tool called quot Acer eAudio Manager quot I want to install it because you can switch the equalizer to movie music with on Manager eAudio 7 Acer Aspire Windows Acer 5920G and game and it sounds awesome with the bassbooster D I've downloaded the driver from the website and there was a error quot This software can only be installed in authorized machine quot what can I do to Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 install this tool Some other tools like acer power management or acer enet management works great I thought I ask in this forum because there were some good topics about the mouspad and synaptic of the G wich helped Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 me D I hope you understand my question and can help me Greetings LikeLinux And yes I'm a real Linux fan I've used always Ubuntu This is the first time that I use Windows

A:Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7

Bing Translator

Try installing the driver in compatability mode.

Read this tutorial.
Compatibility Mode
Let us know if it works or does not work.
Mike

Installieren Sie den Treiber in Compatability Mode.

Lesen Sie dieses Tutorial.
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=de&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sevenforums.com%2Ftutorials%2F316-compatibility-mode.html

Lassen Sie uns wissen Sie, wenn es funktioniert oder nicht funktioniert.
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/133756-acer-eaudio-manager-acer-aspire-5920g-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Previously, this button would open Windows Media Center when pressed. Though it has stopped doing that and don't know why. How can I fix this?
All the other Mediatouch keys are working fine.
http://dalscan.samsalisbury.net/results.php?id=7c3d6622ef53857e3cfe4471330d88c0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-5920g-acer-arcade-button.804166/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi everyone I'm at my wits end! I cannot get my webcam to work. I have tried numerous options posted in different forums and on websites but nothing seems to work. Even when I went to the Acer update driver search site. When I added my model number I got about a dozen driver options but as soon as I put in my OS Windows 7 (64 Bit) it came back with no drivers. I've noticed in a number of forums that peoples webcams where working fine in Windows XP but when they updated to Windows 7 they lose the ability for their computers to find their webcams. Is this an inherent problem with Windows 7 and is there anyway to fix it short of buying an external webcam. Surly there must be a way to get it to work !!!
Regards Brett.

A:Acer Crystal Eye Webcam will not work on Acer Aspire 5560

Hi Brett ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Does the Webcam show in the Device Manager ? ...

Do you have any errors in the Device Manager ...?
Have you tried the Cyberlink WebCam Application 1.0.1523 23.6 MB ? ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351235-acer-crystal-eye-webcam-will-not-work-acer-aspire-5560-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My system is roughly months old I had used the upgrade software that Acer provided to upgrade from Vista to home premium There was no issues with the install and everything worked great for a month and then it started going in to Acer M3203 Windows software Acer's upgrade and Aspire 7 deep hibernation The only way to wake it was to unplug Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software the power from the tower I did everything I could think of from editing the registry to updating drivers to finally reinstalling everything No go so I packed it up and sent it back to Acer I just got it back from Acer's repair depot They had to replace the motherboard hard drive and fans on the system They performed a factory restore and told me that I was good to go and updating shouldn't be an issue I went to use the upgrade dvd's from Acer and low and behold the hibernation thing started again It took me four attempts to restore it back to factory Now it seems stable running Vista I am in the process up updating the drivers and windows stuff so time will tell Is it me or is Acer systems flakey Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can go about updating to Windows without having to format every week I have tried doing clean installs without going the upgrade path and it still behaves badly Sometimes it won't even turn on Or is it just possible that the pc I purchased just can't handle Windows

A:Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software

Are you booting the Acer Win7 Upgrade Media DVD to do a clean install? You can do that to get the cleanest possible install, without the corruption that is imported from Vista in an in-place Upgrade.

The installer is driver-complete, but afterwards any missing drivers which don't quickly arrive in Optional Windows Updates can be found on the apps/drivers CD along with favorite apps like Works, cam, etc. Others can be found on the Acer Support Downloads webpage for your model computer, Adobe (flash, Reader) and Java (runtime, free Ofc suite) sites.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/74525-acer-aspire-m3203-acers-windows-7-upgrade-software.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have an Acer AM desktop running Windows Vista It is connected to a netgear wireless router via an ethernet internet to desktop connect thru modem Acer cable doesn't Solved: cable I also have two laptops connected to the Solved: Acer desktop doesn't connect to internet thru cable modem same router The laptops connect to the internet fine but the desktop doesn t I connected to the internet fine satellite before I moved but won t connect Solved: Acer desktop doesn't connect to internet thru cable modem now Norton can update automatically and Skype connects but I can t open web pages I used the norton tool and uninstalled Norton but it still won t connect I m attaching the ipconfig information I d appreciate help getting Solved: Acer desktop doesn't connect to internet thru cable modem this thing connected Thank you Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kids-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - C- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e de b de a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday March PM Lease Expires Sunday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F- - B- D- - C- - - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CCB - EB - AAB- E - DDCD C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c af f fefd Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c af f fefd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

My acer active pen is not working consistently. The screen recognizes it sometimes, and other times it does not. The only way I can get it to recognize is by power cycling the pen (taking the battery out and putting it back in), or by power cycling the laptop. I replaced the battery so I know it is not a battery issue. I have an Acer Aspire R13 (Model #R7-371T), and recently upgraded to Windows 10.  I was having this problem earlier with Win 8.1, but it seems to have gotten worse with Windows 10.  I have updated to all the most recent drivers.  Very frustrating. Any thoughts? 

A:Acer Active Pen problems - Acer Aspire R13 (Model ...

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34304/~/acer-active-pen-stylus-for-aspire-r7-371tNote: When the Acer Active Pen has not been in use for 1 minute, the pen will go into sleep mode.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Active-Pen-problems-Acer-Aspire-R13-Model-R7-371T/td-p/388575/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.9%

So at first i thought it my keyboard wasn't being seen by windows but sometimes after holding the bluetooth button an unknown device appears that appears to be my keyboard yet when i type in the connection code it doesn't respond and Case Aspire (included with Keyboard Acer Acer ... P3) then the device Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... no longer is showing It could just be another bluetooth device though i live in a dorm so there's many other people with bluetooth devices in the area nbsp I checked out this nbsp https acer--uk custhelp com app answers detail a id how-to-pair-the-acer-bluetooth-keyboar nbsp but it only applies to and not Perhaps acer should release a driver update for windows early adopters that fixes their keyboard to work with windows unless there is a simple bug fix I looked online but i seem to be the only one with this issue so far Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... possibly due to the newness of nbsp Edit found this post which weirdly didn't show up previously nbsp http community acer com t Windows- Bluetooth-not-working-after-installing-Windows- -on-Aspire- nbsp Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... trying to update my drivers again to confirm this isn't an issue nbsp edit nope it added a connected devices section to replace the bluetooth section but otherwise didn't solve the problem yet nbsp edit so after like hours i finally realized what was the issue In order for it to be discoverable you need to make sure to first install nbsp the new windows specific bluetooth driver mentioned in the above post then use the REPAIR option in the bluetooth drivers THEN make sure the keyboard starts having both its blue and orange light flashing reseting the connection After doing nbsp these three things the keyboard should be discoverable in the bluetooth connection menu of windows listed specially as a keyboard Then just type in the code and you should be good to go

A:Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ...

I can fix this problem...1.setup windows 10 v1511 by usb2.when setup windows ready, update driver with windows update3.download driver Bluetooth and update setup from acer site belowhttp://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/drivers4.restart computer5.after restart goto bluetooth and search new device6.long press on power button on keyboard bluetooth cover until see blink blue and red light together7.when bluetooth connect with keyboard cover, enter 6 code bluetooth and endter for accept code8.enjoy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Keyboard-Case-included-with-Acer-Aspire-P3-not-connecting/td-p/372663/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.9%

To start off, this laptop has been horrible since the day I got it. I can't even believe how slow it is; it lags doing even the simplest tasks.That aside; I was prompted to update an AMD Catalyst Radeon (something like that) software, so I did. The screen went black and nothing happened for almost 10 hours.I eventually decided to turn off the power. Now that I turn it back on it's just stuck on "Acer explore beyond limits" screen.It has been like this for days now. I've tried turning it on and off again several times. It's just stuck at that screen.What do I do? How do I fix this? I need this computer for school.

A:Acer Aspire ES 15 ES1-520-3441 stuck at "Acer expl...

Boot pressing F2 to enter BIOS, check if your HDD/SSD is listed on BIOS informations page. if you press Alt+F10 are you able to enter recovery? Which windows OS version is installed?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES-15-ES1-520-3441-stuck-at-quot-Acer-explore-beyond/td-p/428427/jump-to/first-unread-message