Windows Support Forum

Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet?

Q: Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet?

This just happened out of nowhere yesterday morning My local "Network a - internet? to the network to not Connected 7" but Solved: roommate was using her laptop with no issues until suddenly the connection cut out She tried reconnecting but had no luck so she waited still no signal She was able to see our network name but it would not allow her to connect to it Same thing when I tried my laptop I could see it scanning wi-fi and showed available connections including our own but it wouldn t let me connect The desktop in our home office has internet The modem is showing all the proper lights flashing indicating there is ethernet DSL and internet When we open our laptops and get a signal even for a brief moment it kills the connection on the desktop and all lights on the modem go off except the power light which starts flashing slowly Totally loses connection As soon as we close the laptop the connection comes back on the desktop I noticed that the icon in the Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet? tray that indicates connectivity the two computer monitors flashing blue back and forth looks different than normal There is no little globe in Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet? front of them there are just two monitors and there is usually a globe showing internet access So I clicked it and it says we re connected to quot Network quot Access local So I took a screen shot of this What is going on can someone help me out I have no idea what to do but we need internet on the Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet? laptops If you need any more information from me feel free to ask Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-to-network-7-a-local-network-but-not-to-the-internet.1073683/
Relevancy 99.82%

G day all I am hoping someone may be able to tell me why my local folders appear under quot The Internet quot Local Places" Solved: opening Network appear "My Folders "The as Internet"when on one of our work computers rather than under quot Local Network quot We have four machines running XP Home and one running XP Pro The front machine has XP Home on it and I cannot open any Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places" of the shared folders for this machine on any of the other three machines even though they all have the same workgroup name Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places" They are all connected via CAT cable and we have a Netcomm NB ADSL modem router a Netcomm V Telephone Adapter VOIP modem and an port switch in the boss s office And the front computer s folder s and drives that I have chosen to be shared are listed under quot The Internet quot Does anyone know why this is and how I would go about correcting it Thankyou for your help and time Aaron nbsp

A:Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-folders-appear-as-the-internet-when-opening-my-network-places.578697/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there is no caf a Network although also - get No I When "connected" - Access" connecting at Internet "Unidentified to wifi Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-quotunidentified?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP get - Network wifi get a also "connected" I connecting to - Access" "Unidentified caf Internet Although I When No at with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the When connecting to wifi at a caf - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there When connecting to wifi at a caf - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is no Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-i-get-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 85.56%

ok, so basically I have 4 computers here at the house all on highspeed. They all run XP and they are all on "mshome" which works just fine. You go into my network places, you see all 4 computers and can access them all without anyproblems (share files, printer sharing works fine) anyways, I have a laptop that I will be connecting from another internet location and I want it to show up in My Network Places so the computers will think it's right at the house, so I could print to the printer and communicate across the local network as if I was at home. Any way to do this? I got all the basic networking stuff down. But have never really looked into anything like this and have always wondered about it.

A:Connecting My LapTop From Another Internet Location To My "MSHOME" Local Network

You would probably receive better support using this forum:

http://forums.techguy.org/f53-s.html

GL!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-my-laptop-from-another-internet-location-to-my-mshome-local-network.420749/
Relevancy 85.56%

ok, so basically I have 4 computers here at the house all on highspeed. They all run XP and they are all on "mshome" which works just fine. You go into my network places, you see all 4 computers and can access them all without anyproblems (share files, printer sharing works fine) anyways, I have a laptop that I will be connecting from another internet location and I want it to show up in My Network Places so the computers will think it's right at the house, so I could print to the printer and communicate across the local network as if I was at home. Any way to do this? I got all the basic networking stuff down. But have never really looked into anything like this and have always wondered about it.

A:Connecting My LapTop From Another Internet Location To My "MSHOME" Local Network

???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-my-laptop-from-another-internet-location-to-my-mshome-local-network.420800/
Relevancy 85.56%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 84.94%

My router is very old and limits my internet a lot so I decided to go directly through the modem No Internet" modem. Network directly "Unidentified to connected when and then through a switch to "Unidentified Network No Internet" when connected directly to modem. allow for a fast wired and decent wireless connection My desktop seems to only connect to the internet when going through the router I have done quite a bit of troubleshooting and the weirdest part is that my laptop works fine with the same cable and connection that my desktop is meant to use While my desktop says unidentified network my laptop works fine Which leads me to believe that my computer is to blame I've reinstalled and updated the drivers to no avail Motherboard is MSI Z A-G Gaming ipconfig all gives this currently using wireless connection Code Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name CatEatsGaming Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address removed unless you need it DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address D - D- E-ED- D-EE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d c d c c Preferred IPv Address Duplicate Subnet Mask Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F- - F-BC- -FE-ED- - D- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR x Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -FE-ED- - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d c cb c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F- - F-BC- -FE-ED- - D- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A C -F - FF -B D - DAA EA D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BB EAA E-ADDF- A- FB-CA CA AA E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:"Unidentified Network No Internet" when connected directly to modem.

What gateway do you have? Was everything working fine when you were running Windows 7 if you had it loaded on this unit, before installing 10?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/60621-unidentified-network-no-internet-when-connected-directly-modem.html
Relevancy 84.94%

I have 2 laptops and a desktop on my home network, all plugged into the router. The 2 laptops connect to the network and internet. The desktop shows "connected", is able to ping the router but cannot connect to the internet.

All are using XP home sp2. The desktop was just introduced to the existing laptop network. I have swapped the router, cable, and ethernet card for grins (i am tech enough to have had some of each laying around). Clearly it's a settings problem.

Dynamic IP address.
/ipconfig indicates same gateway as laptops. ("192.168.0.1")
Worked perfectly on a previous network.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am at my wits end.

A:Network "connected", router ping successful but no Internet

Try this

http://www.techspot.com/vb/post662504-2.html

Please reply if worked

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connected-router-ping-successful-but-no-internet.116507/
Relevancy 84.94%

I had Win -bit running on a Dell to Connectivity; "Unidentified Network" Internet Lost Connected PC About one week ago I noticed Internet connectivity was gone and that there was quot Lost Internet Connectivity; Connected to "Unidentified Network" limited connectivity quot as I was now connected to an quot unidentified network quot The other systems on the network are still connected and Lost Internet Connectivity; Connected to "Unidentified Network" working perfect the problem is isolated to this one system The network uses a static IP scheme quot IPCONFIG ALL quot shows that the IP is assigned is included on the correct subnet and has the correct gateway and DNS information I've tried a host of solutions suggested on forums from quot route delete quot to disabling my firewall to configuring for a dynamic IP Nothing has worked Reluctantly I resorted to a fresh install as I began to worry that I may have picked something up I completely wiped the hard drive and did a fresh Win -bit installation all only to have the same problem I assume that the NIC is functioning as it accepts all IP settings Any suggestions

A:Lost Internet Connectivity; Connected to "Unidentified Network"

Hi Nick,

Is this a wired or wireless connection issue?

Can you please post an ipconfig /all output for review?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/214770-lost-internet-connectivity-connected-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 84.94%

I have an HP a f Intel Pentium Dual CPU bit operating system with a NVIDIA nForce Ethernet card and Netgear Wireless-G Router for the Toshiba laptop My internet connection has been working just fine on BOTH computers Recently JUST THE HP will "Local cable internet Plug a network Lost the - Error into Area Connection" adapter not connect to the internet saying quot plug a cable into the network adapter local Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection" Error - Lost internet area connection quot I have tried various repairs to diagnose where the issue is occurring and think it might be something to do with an HP update that may have messed something up or a driver issue After taking the router out of the loop trying a new ethernet cable etc I m thinking either drivers port or card I have Windows Vista and have searched various forums and tried several quot solutions quot to no avail Any ideas I am communicating thru my laptop s internet connection so I am limited to the quot Diagnose amp Repair quot options on my HP with NO INTERNET CONNECTION -ruled out router issue -tried different ethernet cords -researched error in System Diagnostics Report Microsoft to adapter is reporting quot tv configMgrErr quot -unchecked ipv internet protocol -several restarts -Network Sharing Center - checked properties of quot local area connection quot Desktop OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel Pentium Dual CPU E GHz Processor Count RAM GB RAM Hard Drives C Free - MB Antivirus Norton Enabled Some updates recently failed due to loss of internet connection C Users Robbi AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Robbi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - - - -AA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EDD A- - E -B DD- B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EDD A- - E -B DD- B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes amp Thanks in advance for any assistance offered Robbi nbsp

A:Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection" Error - Lost internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plug-a-cable-into-the-network-adapter-local-area-connection-error-lost-internet.949907/
Relevancy 84.63%

my network access icon on the bottom right taskbar has a yellow triangle over it and says i have "no internet access" even though i clearly have internet.

How to fix this?

A:network icon says "no internet access" but i am connected

Try to disable and enable the WiFi adapter by going through 'Network and Sharing Center' .

Or have you restart your system? Usually there's only a delayed monitoring which it didn't show in realtime.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/network-icon-says-no-internet-access-but-i-am-connected.51155/
Relevancy 84.01%

I am running Windows 10 Insider build 14332 and had issues setting up home group. After running the home group troubleshooter, my ethernet and wifi adaptors got renamed to "Ethernet 2" and "Wi-Fi 2" respectively.
I am unable to rename it now. It shows an error "Cannot rename this connection. A connection with the name that you specified already exists. Specify a different name."
My internet is working fine but I am finding these names a bit annoying. I have seared online for similar issues but the solutions haven't worked for me.

A:"Wi-Fi" shown as "Wi-Fi 2" in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

The devices are still in the device manager but not connected.
These are hidden devices.
To much here to tell you how.
Search for hidden devices, device manager to find how to remove them
This has been around since XP

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/423793-wi-fi-shown-wi-fi-2-control-panel%5Cnetwork-internet%5Cnetwork-connections.html
Relevancy 83.7%

I was having some network problems and in the course of fixing them I uninstalled the network driver for my TP-Link AC Archer T UH USB network card This card has been working without a problem Network no but Connected internet" "Secured, to for months on and Ghz channels and at high speeds gt Mbps When I attempted to reinstall the drivers I can get connected to the WiFi but I get the Windows message quot Secured no internet I have tried numerous drivers and I have now tried to connect using two separate NIC cards I had an old n usb adapter as well as a Ghz wireless bridge that I used to Connected to Network but "Secured, no internet" use that connects to the PC via ethernet All of these have connected to the network but I get the same quot Secured no internet quot message The only thing I can think of at this point is that I've somehow screwed up the adapter I've looked at that ipv settings are they are all set to quot Obtain an ip address automatically quot and do not have a DNS name specified I have attempted all the windows repair options as well and they return telling me their may be something wrong with the driver Connected to Network but "Secured, no internet" or the adapter I'm at wits end Any suggestions would be appreciated

A:Connected to Network but "Secured, no internet"

Hi,
Welcome to the forums, if you have any third party AV programs, disable or uninstall it, go to device manager, right click Wi-Fi adapter, Properties and uninstall the driver. Reboot your PC/Laptop and let Windows install the driver, go to IPV4 as you have done before, click the radio button "Use the following DNS addresses...." and enter Open DNS address(in the snip) or google dns address.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39091-connected-network-but-secured-no-internet.html
Relevancy 82.15%

Hey guys I m getting to my wits end with my computer lately I have no idea what s going on but recently I ve been having some internet problems Can't EVE my tried "Unidentified Network" Solved: connect I've network internet to or Namely an Unidentified Network with no NETWORK access Some information first the NIC that I m using is the Realtek PCIe Family Controller I ve updated the drivers I ve uninstalled I ve reinstalled I ve basically been on the internet for the past two days trying all the solutions Including refreshing and renewing my ip trying a static ip although I m still not sure if I did this step correctly I ve tried disabling IPV I ve tried adjusting my speedflux believe me I Solved: Can't connect to my network or internet "Unidentified Network" I've tried EVE ve tried just about everything I don t have one blue link left when it comes to my google searches on fixing this problem The problem is also intermittent with seemingly no reason whatsoever some days Ill go without internet for the entire day then the next day I ll boot up my computer and I ll have internet again It should be noted that when I enable WIRELESS on my laptop I m able to connect to the network but when I enable wired I am not able to Here is the ipconfig all for when I m connected wirelessly and have a connection Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Collin-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL AE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - - D-BC-D -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires December Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled C Windows system gt And here is the ipconfig when I m connected through the wired connection with no internet connectivity Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Collin-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - -F -D -EF-DC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled C Windows system gt It should be noted that I am using powerline adapters for my connection but as I said this problem only recently started cropping up I went fine for almost a week with no problems then all of a sudden it started happening Thanks for the help in advance im pulling my hair out over this I m still able to connect wirelessly so its not too much of an issue but I prefer via Ethernet I also need to know if its my network card that s going bad in my laptop just paid for this rig so I need to know if I need to send it back or not its still under warranty but Im currently living in Europe so I don t want to have to pay shipping costs to the states to get it fixed if I don t need to nbsp

A:Solved: Can't connect to my network or internet "Unidentified Network" I've tried EVE

UPDATE

Problem fixed, had to reset my powerline adapters, so simple.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-to-my-network-or-internet-unidentified-network-ive-tried-eve.1078012/
Relevancy 82.15%

I m trying "unidentified Connected to wifi network" Solved: but to connect a Sony Vaio laptop with Windows Vista to my wireless network It connects to the network just fine but it says quot Unidentified network quot and I m unable to surf any websites using any browser It works fine with an ethernet cable ISP Time Warner Broadband connection Cable Make and Model of Modem Router Combo ASUS RT-N U router Cisco DPC R modem Name of the Anti-Virus Security or Firewall Software Windows Laptop Sony Vaio VGN-NR E Wireless card LAN-Express AS IEEE g PCI-E OS Solved: Connected to wifi but "unidentified network" Windows Vista -bit Network encryption WPA -personal AES Ghz ipconfig all output Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name eo-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description LAN-Express AS IEEE g PCI-E Adapter Physical Address - D-D - A- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e b d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday August PM Lease Expires Monday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - A- -B - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E DA - A - B - FF - DC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt nbsp

Relevancy 108.36%

Hello everyone how are you!

I have a question, actually I'm development a application for sharing internet connection. I'm using "Wireless Hosted Network and Internet Connection Sharing" that it's in https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd815252%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

I want change default IP Address range and I have read that these settings it's in next address:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters.

My question is, How I can restart or update the "Internet Connection Shraring" or "Wireless Hosted Network" after I change the IP Address range for that assign IP Address different to default.

Thank you!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9cad8769-ac99-4437-8b52-752a0cf85da9/restart-or-update-the-quotinternet-connection-shraringquot-or-quotwireless-hosted?forum=netmon
Relevancy 107.07%

Running XP on 2 computers. Have them connected by a router. I set the router IP to 192.168.3.1 Everything connects great! When I connect to a wireless network, it all connects, but doesn't work ("connection timed out" or "Page not found" errors. The wire connection shows an IP of 192.168.2.1. If I disable my Local Area Network, the internet connects perfectly. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I CAN USE MY LOCAL AREA NETWORK AND THE WIRELESS CONNECTION AT THE SAME TIME! Frustrating to the max! Any network specialists out there who can tell me how to fix this? Thanks!!!

A:Conflict between "Wireless Network Connection" & "Local Area Connection"

berkeleygh said:

Running XP on 2 computers. Have them connected by a router. I set the router IP to 192.168.3.1 Everything connects great! When I connect to a wireless network, it all connects, but doesn't work ("connection timed out" or "Page not found" errors. The wire connection shows an IP of 192.168.2.1.Click to expand...

You should know that x.x.2.1 is incorrect. For the router address shown, all devices that connect to it *must* be 192.168.3.x where x > 1 and < 255.

I would suspect that you have some static configuration data in the devices.

You want your router to offer DHCP in the range 2->32 (that's more than enough) and
you want all systems to use DHCP for the IP address and DNS settings.

Remove anything in the Alternative Configurations

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/conflict-between-wireless-network-connection-local-area-connection.154215/
Relevancy 107.07%

I ve got a problem with one of the computers in our workgroup Looking at My Network Places in Windows XP it used to be named say but... "Local Network should Places My Network" quot Local Network quot and the Network Location for each of the computers in our workgroup should also be detailed as My Network Places should say "Local Network" but... quot Local Network quot I m not sure how it happened but now My Network Places has the name of quot Internet quot and the Network Location of all of the computers in our workgroup on that computer are detailed also as quot Internet quot All of the other computers on the network are fine and in fact the files on the computers in our workgroup may still be viewed and accessed via My Network Places on the computer in question However trying to for instance open a database on our server through My Network Places now yields a security error due to Windows XP believing that our network is an Internet network Files may still be opened by copying them to the local harddrive but I would like to change the settings in My Network Places back to the quot Local Network quot setting that it should register our network as Any hints suggestions would be very helpful Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-network-places-should-say-local-network-but.521874/
Relevancy 106.64%

THAT is what the prompt is saying, but I know its connected, and I know its a good cable.
It started when I reloaded drivers for my network connection.

Any thoughts?

Relevancy 105.78%

Hey, so I have a problem and although i'm terrible at describing computer problems I'll give it my best shot. So one day I turn on my HP Pavilion dv6000 with Windows Vista x64 Ultimate and the internet would not work and it had been the previous day. The wireless connection switch is turned on and the light is blue, not orange, but my computer will not detect any networks. My little brother has an HP desktop with the same OS but he is not having problems connecting or finding the network so the problem is obviously internal to my computer. WHen i diagnose and repair it...i get the message: "plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection"." Again my connection is wireless and i have no idea how to fix this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/211407-plug-cable-into-network-adapter-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Linksys WRT g Wireless router with a Linksys port workgroup switch on my end so that I can operate three computers at my desk There IS an ethernet line plugged into the ethernet port on my new windows vista PC I run primarily windows xp but Plug Area a adapter the network Connection" cable "Local into got stuck with vista Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection" on this new beast because they wouldn't sell the package without it My only copy of xp Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection" is for dell so I can't install it on an eMachines I won't run windows k on this one because it won't run some of the programs I use So the network is composed of mostly xp and one or windows k computers there are a LOT of computers on this LAN All I want is to get this stinking POS connected again and by again I mean I was playing world of warcraft on it less than hours ago It worked GREAT If somebody could tell me what this CRAP operating system just did to 'FORGET' how to connect to my network I would really appreciate it

A:Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection"

I HATE VISTA

I restarted the computer and it ate itself. I'm having to do a clean install 12 hours after getting it set up in the first place.

can somebody help me with this so it doesn't happen AGAIN?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/plug-a-cable-into-the-network-adapter-local-area-connection-213588.html
Relevancy 105.78%

My girlfriend's laptop (HP pavilion entertainment) only recently had these problems.

-When shutting down, it stalls on the shutdown screen where it says "Shutting Down...", and the spinner keeps spinning.

-Both her LAN and wireless connections suddenly only have "local only" access. I've tried restarting CMOS/BIOS (not sure) by holding down the power button for 30 secs and reinstalled the network adapter drivers but both to no avail. I have also read about many other people with vista having this problem, but nobody had a definite solution.
Thanks ALOT for any help =)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-shut-down-local-only-network-access-vista-home-basic.612623/
Relevancy 105.78%

how do i do that?
all the computers in my house are connection to the internet except for mine.
help please!

A:Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection"

what make and model of computer do you have do you have the user guide if so it will tell you if not need make model etc ie is it a laptop or desk top but this may help the cable you need is called a rj45 it looks like a large telephone plug and their is only one place it will fit so if you have a cable a little trial and error will help find it just do not force anything in anywhere

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/plug-a-cable-into-the-network-adapter-local-area-connection-329894.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi folks. This is after doing an upgrade from Server 2008 to Server 2008 R2 mind you. Not sure if that matters.

I was having problems with RDPing to my Win7 clients so I checked that remote desktop was enabled. When doing so I saw that it informed me that I had to allow rdp access in the firewall which I know had been done before. After looking around I realized that my network profile had been changed to "Public". I also noticed that my active network shows as "unauthenticated". What does this mean and how can I fix this? How did this happen? Thanks.

A:Network shows as "Unauthenticated"....Changed my network profile to "Public"

How many DCs are there in the domain?
I suggest that you remove the Windows 7 computer from the AD, and exit the Windows 7 computer from domain. Then, re-join the computer to the domain. How does it work now?
If the issue persists, please temporary disable the firewall on both computers. Also, please check if Network Location Awareness service is enabled on the server and Windows 7 computers.Arthur Xie - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ca343a3c-c61e-4816-9a96-d973386db2e2/network-shows-as-quotunauthenticatedquotchanged-my-network-profile-to-quotpublicquot?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi
I've come back home on holiday from university and am having trouble with reconnecting to my home wireless network.

When I started uni, I had to change settings on my browser(Firefox) and computer to connect to the university network. The instructions for which or here if they are any help (Configure your laptop/PC :: Wireless Access at Aberdeen - DIT, University of Aberdeen click on windows7).

Currently, the wireless network I'm trying to connect to is a BTHomeHub with "shared" "WEP" settings. What do my computer settings need to be for this?

Hopefully someone can help, thanks :)

A:Unable to get "Computer network settings" to match "requirements of the Network"

Go to Start/Search and type inetcpl.cpl right click the inetcpl.cpl icon in the search results and Run As Administrator. go to /Connections/LAN Settings. Make sure all the boxes are unchecked. Now go to Start/Search and type ncpa.cpl right click the ncpa.cpl icon and Run As Administrator. now Right click the Local Area connection/Properties scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP-IP IPV4)/Properties. Make sure Obtain an IP Address and DNS Server Address Automatically are both checked. Now go to Start/Search and type CMD Right click the CMD.exe icon and choose Run As Administrator. In the Command Prompt type ipconfig /release and press enter. the IP Address changes to 0.0.0.0 Now type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. Now type ipconfig /renew. Now type ipconfig /all. You should have a new IP address try it again. If you still cannot connect please include the text output of your ipconfig /all in your next post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-get-computer-network-settings-to-match-requirements-of-the-network-610116.html
Relevancy 105.35%

With XP I had a "shared" to Connecting network folders, drives, local on local network of three computers--my desktop my wife's desktop and my laptop I bought a new laptop with Vista I installed Vista on my desktop And I have left my wife's with XP I have setup the network The two Vista machines are quot connected quot in the sense that they show up on the network map with the XP machine showing up down on the bottom The network shows up correctly in explorer I can connect the two Vista computers to the XP drives and folders But I can't do it with the Vista machines even though explorer lists them as type quot share quot I have set the c drives and documents folders etc to share I had trouble for several Connecting to "shared" drives, folders, on local network days connecting to the printer until I discovered that Live OneCare's firewall was blocking it Once I turned that off I could use the printer from the laptop So now for its trial period at least I am using Norton There must be some setting that I have missed but I can't figure out what I keep getting the message quot computername c is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission Access denied quot I am logged on as the administrator I've scoured Help on the subject of access permission and can't find what I need I certainly miss the XP Network Wizard Warner

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-to-shared-drives-folders-on-local-network-141877.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Hello, so I downloaded hamachi the other day to play with some friends on GMOD and I was finished with hamachi so I decided to un-install it, after doing so, I noticed Google Chrome, Mozilla, Steam and many more applications can't connect to the internet, but Internet Explorer 64 bit is able to connect... I don't know how to fix this and I've done a bunch of research on many ways to possibly fix it but none have worked so far... I use a wireless usb for my wireless connection, it works perfectly fine but my Local Area Connection keeps saying that one message and I just wanna fix it :/ please help?

A:Local Area Connection "Network cable unplugged"

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus WiFi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here. For Vista and Windows 7, 8 you can use the Windows Snipping Tool

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged-1008882.html
Relevancy 105.35%

As soon as I start an application (Cadence Allegro PCB Designer 16.5 but I don't think it's relevant) my CPU usage gets to the roof and stays there long after I killed the application and I believe I every associated process. The CPU usage is so high that the battery will be drained after about 45 minutes (It usually last about 3 hours).

According to my task manager the responsible is "Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted)". As a matter of fact, preventing the executable from accessing the network sort of solves the issue. I don't believe I need that executable to access the network but I'd like to understand what kind of network service can consume that much CPU (was actually affraid of overheating) and to know if there's a more appropriate way to solve this. Thanks.

A:"Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted)" High CPU Usage

Hi Lous!

I'm having the complete same error with another one of Cadences programs, OrCAD.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/9167-service-host-local-system-network-restricted-high-cpu-usage.html
Relevancy 105.35%

i am trying to access internet through sony ericsson naite on Laptop(OS- VISTA). i had installed pc suite for trying to access internet with usb cable and bluetooth. Mobile is properly connect with pc (laptop) but i can't access internet.
when click connect internet option in pc suite i get message "Plug a cable into network adapter "local area connection" or get ip automatically". it try to configure manually and many trick on net, i failed to access net. operating system vista(updated).

Help me with steps please..

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/268312-plug-cable-into-network-adapter-local-area-connection-get-ip-automatically.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Setup We have a server running Win server and each user has an account so they can log into their account using any computer I installed reinstalled Windows XP pro on a computer and installed all the drivers Everything looks okay in device manager but when I connect an ethernet cable I have no internet and it says quot limited address" valid and doesn't Network IP Limited/No "Local a activity Area have no activity quot and I can't access the internet I tried to have windows repair it but then it says quot local area network doesn't have a valid IP address Do I need to be part of the domain and logged in to use the internet Limited/No activity and "Local Area Network doesn't have a valid IP address" Anyways I went into ethernet properties and IPv is not checked V is checked and in the properties for it its set to obtain the IP and DNS server address automatically All the computers are set the same I tried entering the domain information and all that but it doesn't work I took pics of the settings before and it doesn't work when I put it in So I have a couple questions Do I need to be logged in or any computer I plug in should be able to access the internet How do I fix it so I can enter the domain information so I can set it up where I can log into any user from this computer

A:Limited/No activity and "Local Area Network doesn't have a valid IP address"

I want to apologize in advance that I can't get the ipconfig /all information for you right now, since I am away from work for the weekend. Anyway to troubleshoot or give me some ideas to try before I go back into work?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/limited-no-activity-and-local-area-network-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-address-959801.html
Relevancy 104.92%

I pretty much don't really know much about my p c system as I'm not usually the one looking into the works of my p c In fact all I know is what I've seen others do So forgive me restricted)(11)" eating virtual (network Local system "service memory host: in my ignorance I've looked around and saw that either no one has my issue or if they do the fixes are generally confusing nbsp I bought a laptop with windows bout - months ago I not sure if the issues started when I upgraded to windows or just afterwards but they've been going on for a few weeks My computer is running out of virtual memory at the most random times Usually it starts to run out of virtual memory after a couple of days of it being left on with standby If I close most my active programs the memory changes by - If I have "service host: Local system (network restricted)(11)" eating virtual memory more then four programs open at this stage it warns me that my virtual memory is being used up I am usually using Chrome or firefox but that would refuse to stay open for more then seconds so I uninstalled it steam chatting only musicbee and task manager Task manager usage http i imgur com qpRPBxqh jpg Warning nbsp http i imgur com X TK png My only virus scan is Windows defender and it claims no threats were detected nbsp I have gig of ram but I'm not positive how to check virtual memory Or even where to start with fixing this issue nbsp Anyway thank you in advance and if you need more information just let me know

A:"service host: Local system (network restricted)(11)" eating virtual memory

Hi,
First, let me explain that Virtual memory is used when your RAM is filled up or when you put a laptop into hibernate mode (hibernate mode essentially dumps your RAM onto the hard drive so it can pick up where it left off even after power is shut off).
Since the general shut down of Windows 8 or 8.1 likes a combined hibernate  so that windows can start up quickly, I consider that this issue is caused by such shut down and fast boot.
I suggest we disable fast boot to check the issue:
To Turn "Fast Startup" On or Off in System Settings on this article:
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6320-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-8-a.html
Also, we can try to reset virtual memory to see what?s going on.
Configure Virtual Memory in Windows 8
http://www.trainingtech.net/configure-virtual-memory-in-windows-8/
If the issue persists, please test it in Clean boot mode:
How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If the issue doesn?t appear, you can determine which one can be the cause by using dichotomy in MSconfig. Checking on half of Non-Microsoft service and restart, determining which half of the services cause the issue and repeating to check half of the problematic
half services.
If the issue persists in Clean boot mode, let?s run Process explorer to view which program calling service host causing this issue, and we can remove it to see what?s going on:

Process Explorer v15.40
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
Detail steps you can refer this blog:
How to troubleshoot high cpu in the System process
http://blogs.technet.com/b/yongrhee/archive/2009/08/07/how-to-troubleshoot-high-cpu-in-the-system-process.aspx
It could help you to determine which process detailed under svhost.exe cause the issue.
Keep post.Kate Li
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/96deedbe-b1c1-45b5-9428-e6938f48d81d/quotservice-host-local-system-network-restricted11quot-eating-virtual-memory?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 104.92%

unidentified network local only help Since upgrading to Comcast s new Xfinity modem wireless router my laptop can t connect to only network help" local "Unidentified connection, wireless No the internet wirelessly I m able to connect through Ethernet cable and every other device on my network No wireless connection, "Unidentified network local only help" mac mini iPhone HTC one Dell studio notebook have no issues whatsoever So frustrated Have seen multiple posts regarding same issue my apologies for a repost but I just can t figure this out Many many thanks in advance --Sheri ---- Here is the info after running the SysInfo download Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit No wireless connection, "Unidentified network local only help" Processor Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Not Updated ----- Here is the info after running ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users attaG RL gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name attaG RL-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ga comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ga comcast net Description LAN-Express AS IEEE g PCI-E Adapter Physical Address - - E- -DB-BF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c eb b a e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November PM Lease Expires Friday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap ARRIS Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ga comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users attaG RL gt nbsp

Relevancy 104.92%

I've been putting up with this problem since Vista but now that I bought a new Win machine I decided that I would ask here so I can hopefully resolve it once and for all I have an old computer that I've repurposed as a file locations your as local declare to "inside How network"? server for all the other machines on my network and one of the things How to declare locations as "inside your local network"? I do with it is How to declare locations as "inside your local network"? to put various program installer files on it so I can install them to the other machines without having to download the same file over and over However when accessing these remote files from any machine except those still running XP I get an extra warning box telling me that the file quot is in a location outside your local network quot It's not but for some reason these machines think it is I've Googled various fragments of text from these warning boxes each Windows version has slightly different wording for this warning the screen shot I've attached is from the Win machine I happen to be on right now but no matter which variant I search for everything I find about getting rid of this warning is either geared toward similar warnings given by MS Access for remote databases or for marking external Web sites as trusted How do I tell Windows How to declare locations as "inside your local network"? that this local file server is in fact local and not in need of these repetitive and annoying warnings

A:How to declare locations as "inside your local network"?

I solved this problem on my computer by putting my ABSOLUTELY TRUSTED subnets in the Intranet Zone. The settings apply to Internet Explorer and to File Explorer - basically any connection(s) to machines in those subnets. They permit me to browse to my router and printers with Internet Explorer protected mode off, and to transfer files from server and workstation shares to my computer using File Explorer or mapped drives without the warnings or having to 'unblock' files after they were transferred.

IMPORTANT: The Intranet Zone is the most trusted and least protected zone. DO NOT put any subnets or IP addresses in this zone unless they are TOTALLY under YOUR control. That includes ANY public server, web site, subnet, or IP address.

1) Select 'Control Panel'/'Internet Properties'/'Security' tab.
(Alternatively, open Internet Explorer and select 'Tools'/'Internet Options'/'Security' tab.)

2) Highlight 'Local Intranet' and click 'Sites'.

3) Set the following:Uncheck 'Automatically detect intranet network'.
Check 'Include all local (intranet) sites not listed in other zones'.
Uncheck 'Include all sites that bypass the proxy server'.
Check 'Include all network paths (UNCs)'.
4) Click 'Advanced'

5) Uncheck 'Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone'.

6) In the field labeled 'Add this web site to the zone:', add your local, private subnet using an asterisk for a network mask and click 'Add'. E.g. If your home (local) network is 192.168.25.0 with a mask of 255.255.255.0, enter '192.168.25.*' (without the quotes).

Notes for adding to this list:Entries can be: Individual IP addresses (e.g. '192.168.5.25', etc.),
Class C subnets (e.g. '192.168.27.*'),
Class B subnets (e.g. '172.16.*.*'), or
Class A subnets (e.g. '10.*.*.*') You can add as many addresses as you need to the list
It can be handy add the address of a VPN subnet to the list if it is also private and you TOTALLY trust it.
7) Close out with 'Close'/'OK'/'OK' and close the Control Panel (or Internet Explorer).

Please reply back with your experience with these settings.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28456-how-declare-locations-inside-your-local-network.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Hello.

Moved in to a new house and had Comcast install cable modem. I'm using a linksys WRT54G, with an Atheros AR5006EG card in my laptop. Previously the wirless network worked fine.

Now the laptop finds and connects to the wireless network, but as local only - no internet. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 104.92%

Hello I have read a few similar posts and the resolutions but it doesn t appear to be working for me Any help is appreciated I apologize if I am leaving out any important info I m running a Windows XP PC wired to a Verizon FIOS modem router model MI no assign not did address" DNS a server, no "Network gateway, network Solved: Default WR I have a second computer connected via wire to this and a third computer connected wirelessly As of hours ago and for months all machines have worked fine My PC froze while playing a game and I reset it This is not common but it has happened before without issue upon start up However this time I received a limited no connectivity message When repair was attempted it didn t work because quot the network did not assign a network address to the computer quot The nd and rd PC work fine though Back on my first PC when I view the details there is a physical address IP address and subnet mask BUT there is no Default Gateway DNS Server or WINS Server I have tried the other suggestions I read about RESET TCP Solved: "Network did not assign a network address" no Default gateway, no DNS server, IP stack and RESET WINSOCK entries then restarting my machine but neither of these worked Under device manager my NVIDEA nForce networking adapter says it is working properly and there isn t any red X Solved: "Network did not assign a network address" no Default gateway, no DNS server, or yellow indicators The only weird thing I saw which i have not seen discussed here is when I run IPCONFIG ALL It says IP Routing enabled NO and WINS Proxy enabled NO Thank you in advance for any help and please let me know if you need some additional information Thanks D nbsp

A:Solved: "Network did not assign a network address" no Default gateway, no DNS server,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-did-not-assign-a-network-address-no-default-gateway-no-dns-server.983791/
Relevancy 104.92%

Here at work, for some months, I've been connected to my company's LAN by ethernet cable, and I could also connect to the WiFi in our office (run by our joint venture partner company). All that would happen is that as soon as I connected to the WiFi, that network became my "primary" one, i.e. if I went to check my external IP, it would be the WiFi one that would show up, and I'd have trouble connecting Outlook, etc, since my PC now thought I was on a different network).

The last few days, however, I can't connect to the WiFi at all. It finds the network, but constantly just says "Waiting For Network". However if I pull the ethernet cable out of the PC (i.e. disconnect from my company's LAN), I can them connect to the WiFi no bother.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 104.49%

Hello all Frustrating problem All Office apps require a second delay to produce an quot open quot or quot save as quot dialog box when the computer is connected to a LAN wireless or wired domain or workgroup When the computer is NOT connected to a LAN wireless or wired domain or workgroup then Office quot open quot or quot save as quot dialog boxes open normally and quickly I suspect a network polling function internal to MS Office is Slow Connected When Office "Open" Network Show To Dialog To Box 2010 at fault This is NOT the infamous mapped network drive problem associated with Office There are no mapped drives nor have there ever Office 2010 Slow To Show "Open" Dialog Box When Connected To Network been on the PC although there might exist Office 2010 Slow To Show "Open" Dialog Box When Connected To Network a related solution Additionally there is no second delay when opening a file by double-clicking on the file itself which will launch the application Other information PC runs Windows Pro bit - PC is a relatively new Lenovo T laptop all updates from Lenovo and MS installed running clean and nicely otherwise no spyware no viruses no previous software or hardware issues requiring assistance Event log is clean Absolutely fresh installation of Office Pro Plus MS Action Pack Running Office apps in safe mode does not alter problem behavior ie quot windword exe safe quot or use CTRL key and double-click to launch app Running Windows in safe mode with networking and then subsequently testing Office apps is not possible quot license not able to validate quot issue This is a known problem and is not related to the slow dialog box response behavior A desktop PC with the same MS Office installation same volume license key on the same network does NOT produce this problem Full uninstall reboot and re-install of Office does not alleviate problem Disabling ALL startup items and services including of course ALL Lenovo management software does not alleviate problem SMB v bug is not the problem ie disabling mrxsmb service does not alleviate symptoms Disabling quot Client for Microsoft Networks quot quot QOS Packet Scheduler quot quot Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I O Driver quot and Responder and quot Printer and File Sharing for MS Networks quot in the network adapter properties does not alleviate the symptoms Using Sysinternals Registry Monitor I was able to determine that Office apps evaluate certain properties of your Internet Explorer settings before attempting to launch the quot open quot or quot save as quot dialog box Altering the way intranets are detected for example does not alleviate the symptoms Turning off Antivirus software Avira Personal does not alleviate the issue This issue is causing a huge loss of work efficiency Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you for your time Sincerely Rick

A:Office 2010 Slow To Show "Open" Dialog Box When Connected To Network

Have you tried blocking all network activity with some Internet Security package for those Office applications, which do not use Internet?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/166417-office-2010-slow-show-open-dialog-box-when-connected-network.html
Relevancy 104.49%

I ve been having an ongoing problem with MSN Messenger causing my internet to stall intermittently and I d really like to see if I can get it resolved A few minutes after I run and connect to MSN my internet will stop working momentarily and my systray will show my Local Area Connection as quot network cable unplugged quot or something and then it ll go away and everything resumes I Messenger error Internet cable Solved: unplugged" causes "network MSN Running to stall, reconnect my MSN Messenger which has since been disconnected and a few minutes later the same will happen again and kill all my internet activity with the same quot network cable unplugged quot message or sometimes I may get quot no connectivity quot problems or something After a few rounds of disconnecting reconnecting things will seem to stabilize and I can actually use my MSN Solved: Running MSN Messenger causes Internet to stall, "network cable unplugged" error Messenger without it completely disrupting everything every few minutes but the problem will occur all over again in the future if I ever ran MSN again Anybody know what s up Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Solved: Running MSN Messenger causes Internet to stall, "network cable unplugged" error

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-running-msn-messenger-causes-internet-to-stall-network-cable-unplugged-error.593126/
Relevancy 104.49%

Hi everybody I got a problem from hell I purchased a laptop recently with Windows Home Premium I discovered that the New Express slot did not allow for my previous laptops PCMCIA wireless Windows7 "Unidentified connected to XP Windows Network" modem to be fitted no matter Windows XP connected to Windows7 "Unidentified Network" I bravely connected the two laptops using the old laptop running Windows XP Prof SP with a crossover cable and then setup the Windows XP connected to Windows7 "Unidentified Network" Internet sharing connection and stumbled across a working link to the Internet with my newer laptop Happy days for a while then with upgrades of Virus software and Windows updates being run on the newer laptop a mother of all problems broke the unthinkable quot Unidentified network quot So off to SevensForum and to the rescue or not Discovered quot Set Registry Editor quot to quot Public quot quot Private quot or quot Default not configured quot so now I able to set the Home network or set Public network as I like but the network remains unidentified and the link to the Internet connection has the little red cross the the globe icon is a bleak Grey color This is too much for the troubleshooting not able to identify as details reveal quot No issues detected quot I don't know what to say please someone help quot Brink quot got me this far How does one add screen shots here I suppose the easy way is to go buy another wireless modem that will fit in the express slot but that would be cheating

A:Windows XP connected to Windows7 "Unidentified Network"

I have the same thing. I have internet though. I guess it's just a glitch in the networking code.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/102700-windows-xp-connected-windows7-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 104.49%

I am trying to discern if my Intel Bluetooth device is not really correctly installed yet.
This is on a Zenbook UX305FA - has Intel WIFI + Bluetooth.
Would not pair with anything so I turned off the WIFI, uninstalled Bluetooth device and Driver [tickbox checked].
Downloaded the latest Bluetooth Device driver package from ASUS. Installed - all appeared well.

But when Bluetooth is ON [taskbar, open properties, scans .... or appears to be scanning] it still shows "Not Connected".
I finally was able to get it paired with a bluetooth speaker I have and it STILL shows "Not Connected".

anyone run across this or is it a peculiarity associated with this system?

alll help welcome!

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/34734-network-sharing-bluetooth-shows-not-connected.html
Relevancy 104.49%

Hello After functioning properly for a long time my wireless internet has stopped functioning I was watching youtube while installing the user software for a new Wireless connected" Connection is Network not "adapter wireless printer Canon Wireless Network Connection "adapter is not connected" imageCLASS MF Series from a CD I accidently hit the CD eject which interrupted the installation I pushed the CD back in and resumed installation which completed quickly and all the programs it installed worked fine After my Wireless Network Connection "adapter is not connected" youtube video finished I noticed that I was no longer connected to the network the bottom right indicator thing said quot Not connected No connections available quot When I try to make a network map from the control panel it says Wireless Network Connection "adapter is not connected" quot The adapter is not connected quot I can connect to the network with an ethernet cable into my modem and I can also connect to the internet with a wired hotspot from my phone via usb I am pretty sure my modem is setup properly because it has worked with this computer for a long time and is currently working with a similar laptop also HP also Windows Professional x I have looked around on the internet for fixes so I have tried disabling and enabling my quot Wireless Network Connection quot in the Control Panel Network and Internet Network Connections page without success I have also tried uninstalling the Network Adapter from the Device manager and then restarting my computer without success My network adapter drivers are also up to date according to windows Computer Info HP ProBook s Windows Professional x Qualcomm Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter Router Info NetGear N Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router WPA -PSK AES security SSID Broadcast Enabled

A:Wireless Network Connection "adapter is not connected"

It may help to reset the N900 Netgear router using the reset button on the side of the router. It's fairly typical for the wireless to go out while the wired connection will keep on working.

It sometimes requires a 30-30-30 reset to fix the router.
The 30-30-30 Hard Reset Rule for Routers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/289641-wireless-network-connection-adapter-not-connected.html
Relevancy 104.49%

I have a small network sharing files. I have network shares mapped as drives.

Frequently, if the computer is idle for a long period, a "My Computer" shows "Disconnected Network Drive" next to the drive letter. A "net use" command also shows "disconnected." But they aren't disconnected. Everything is accessible. The "My Network Places" screen also shows that all is normal.

I use ZoneAlarm on all machines. Have tried changing security level from Med to Low (no firewall) on Trusted Zone. No difference.

Any thoughts?

Relevancy 104.49%

Hello,

whenever I'm connected to a network, the attached icon is displayed. The other icons (e.g. the spinning wheel thing when establishing a connection) do work, but the "connected" icon seems to have disappeared for no reason. I did not install any new software and I don't know what else might have triggered this, it was just that way when I booted my pc a few days ago.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

A:Network connection icon always shows "not connected" even though I am

You might have a two adapters enabled. Right click on the bars and open the network and sharing center. Then in the left pane click on change adapter settings and see if there are 2 adapters present. If so disable the one that isn't wireless..I don't know if the two are related but mine used to look like this the left pic now it looks like the right pic. And it happened right after some windows updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/183017-network-connection-icon-always-shows-not-connected-even-though-i-am.html
Relevancy 104.49%

I bought a kind of nice refurbished Dell laptop. Every 3 or 4 minutes, that little message pops up again. Annoying. Everything else seems to work pretty well. Any solutions?
OS= XP
Thank you.

A:"Your wireless network connection is now connected" continuously

im going to guess u might have to uninstall and reinstall the wireless driver. it might be corrupted in some way.hope this helps u.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/your-wireless-network-connection-is-now-connected-continuously.883982/
Relevancy 104.06%

with an icon of a computer with a red quot X quot over it I do not know what a network cable is or how it could be unplugged because my computer came with wifi I cannot get it to connect to the internet at all My Dell Precision M recently had a Dell Precision unplugged" showing Network laptop cable Connection message,"Local Area computer virus and I Dell Precision laptop showing message,"Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged" ran malware megabytes to try to fix it Malwarebytes did clear my computer of the virus but after a few days of running malwarebytes my laptop gave me a message that it had to shut down to protect itself It said that if I had recently changed any settings on the computer that might be the cause of the shutdown Everytime I turned the computer on it would show the same message and then shut down again I brought it to a computer mechanic He said that malware megabytes got rid of the virus but probably mistook a good file as part of the virus My computer seemed to be shutting down because of a the good file that malware megabytes modified I got my laptop back from the computer guy today It seems to be fixed other than the fact that it won t connect to the internet at all The first time I recieved the message quot Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged quot was after I ran malwarebytes but before I brought it to the computer guy My laptop would often connect to the internet anyway back then I am wondering if malwarebytes might have changed the internet settings Does anyone know how to fix this problem Thank you nbsp

A:Dell Precision laptop showing message,"Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged"

If you don't have an ethernet cable connected then that message is normal. Since you apparently don't use it you can disable the connection in Network Connections to get rid of the nag.

It's impossible to guess what files might have been modified by the malware, the malware fighter, or the computer guy.

Does your wireless adapter appear under Network Adapter in Device Manager as OK? What, if any, warning or errors are there in Device Manager?

Assuming you are using an integrated wireless adapter is it switched on? Can you detect your network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-precision-laptop-showing-message-local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged.915461/
Relevancy 104.06%

Whilst in Microsoft Office Word 2007 I went to save some of my coursework which I had been working on for 10 hours.
I saved it in my normal folder of work but created a new folder as I was saving it, and saved it in there.
Since then there is no record of the folder or the 2 bits of coursework even existing.
I did an advanced search last night which included non-indexed/hidden/system files.
It came up but when I tried to open it it said it could be saved on a network or the file location has been changed.
It was under the name of 'Local/Temp...' something, but had '.zip' on the end.
I'm now doing another search(accidentilly closed the search ) to find it again, I will try unzipping it so hopefully that will work but I doubt it.

Any ideas as to what's gone wrong? I really need that coursework!

A:Coursework folder is "Local or on Network"

Quote:

Originally Posted by frannn93

Whilst in Microsoft Office Word 2007 I went to save some of my coursework which I had been working on for 10 hours.
I saved it in my normal folder of work but created a new folder as I was saving it, and saved it in there.
Since then there is no record of the folder or the 2 bits of coursework even existing.
I did an advanced search last night which included non-indexed/hidden/system files.
It came up but when I tried to open it it said it could be saved on a network or the file location has been changed.
It was under the name of 'Local/Temp...' something, but had '.zip' on the end.
I'm now doing another search(accidentilly closed the search ) to find it again, I will try unzipping it so hopefully that will work but I doubt it.

Any ideas as to what's gone wrong? I really need that coursework!

Never heard of that happening. Have you tried opening Word again and seeing if you can get back to the coursework using the "Recent Documents" list?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/coursework-folder-is-local-or-on-network-566158.html
Relevancy 104.06%

After Irene, we kept power and cable, but our internet went down, or so we thought. When we plug the Ethernet cable from the modem into the computer, internet works fine (I can post this, after all), but when we plug the cable from the modem into our Dell TrueMobile 2300 router, our network appears as "Local Only." The phone cable thing is plugged from the wall into the modem, and the ethernet cable goes from the modem to the router, as it has been for years. Both have power. What do I do?

Relevancy 104.06%

Why is my Workgroup (WHARFSIDENET) local network identified on my Win7Pro PC as an "Unidentified (Public) Network"? Is this a Windows 7 bug?

From the "Network and Sharing Center", clicking on the "Park Bench" opens to the "Network Properties". Here, by default the network name (Unidentified Network) is automatically selected, but cannot be changed. Also, the network Icon can't be changed.

This local ethernet network is used for File Sharing and Remote Desktop Connections and works just fine. We use static IP addresses for our local network with no DNS server.

A:How do I Rename an "Unidentified" Local Network

Press the windows key and the pause/break key. Then on the left click Advanced system settings. In the box that opens go to the Computer Name tab. Then try clicking the Change button to change your Workgroup name.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/202411-how-do-i-rename-unidentified-local-network.html
Relevancy 104.06%

I recently bought a laptop and wireless router.
and the internet was working on it fine for a few days but recently stopped.
I am still able to access the internet from the desktop computer, which is connected to the router through ethernet.

I have tried all the options that i get from Vista Troubleshoot but it doesnt help any.

My laptop is connected to the network, but it is saying "Unidentified Network", and access is local only.

IPV4: local
if you want more info like the make and models of laptop/router/desktop just ask.
or screen-shots or information dumps.

ty.

Relevancy 104.06%

I just reinstalled Windows XP Pro SP2 on my brother's computer. He's used to having one or two "network drives" that actually are just mapped to local folders on his computer. Since reinstalling the OS, he's not able to map a network drive to a local folder. Does anyone know how we can get shortcuts to individual folders to show up in My Computer as drive letters?

This really isn't as small of a thing as it sounds like. This functionality is very important for the work my brother does. He doesn't actually *require* it, but it will save him a lot of time.

Thanks for any ideas,

Matthew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/map-network-drive-to-local-folder.648485/
Relevancy 104.06%

Hellow!
I need some help here!

I've just installed a Dynex wireless usb network adapter to my desktop pc, which was previously connect to my 2wire router via ethernet cable.
Not that i've installed the USB network adapter, i've unplgged the ethernet cable and i'm unable to use the internet! Despite that i've installe the USB network adapter!

I recieved the follog errow msg in the taskbar
...."This problem occurs because the network did not assign a network address to the computer"

What should i do?

thanks

A:Solved: "The network did not assign a network address to the computer" error msg

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-the-network-did-not-assign-a-network-address-to-the-computer-error-msg.678906/
Relevancy 104.06%

For years My XP computer has had no problems picking up - wireless connections in my neighborhood some i could connect to some i could not because they were secured i decided to go straight and purchase DSL i bought a new computer vista and got a westell DSL modem which is also a wireless router The new not network occurred problem did a the Solved: because network assign "This address" computer is working fine i called Verizon to set up the new computer s dsl wireless network that worked out fine My old computer the one i spoke about opening this thread that computer Solved: "This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address" immediately picked up the DSL signal from my new computer in the other room The signal was excellent and the name of the network WAS ON THE LIST of the dozen other wireless connections i could connect to Problem is when i went to connect to my own DSL network i got this error message quot Limited or no connectivity You might not be able to access the internet or some network resource This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer quot I typed in the correct password the little icon in the corner of my computer said both computers were connected and with an excellent signal strength Reiterating i could still connect and go online with the other avaiable networks running the computer but not my Solved: "This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address" own nbsp

A:Solved: "This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-this-problem-occurred-because-the-network-did-not-assign-a-network-address.572095/
Relevancy 103.2%

Hey All New to the forum I searched for this problem but came Any to Network" Problem Connected "Not Vista up with Vista "Not Connected to Any Network" Problem no results so if it s already here please just let me know I also Googled pretty extensively but didn t find any solutions I m going to try to provide every detail of information I can here for my problem in hopes that we can find a solution that will help everyone with the issue Basically my issue is that with Vista Extreme Edition SP the little icon in the task tray says that i m quot Not connected to any networks quot And yet here I am browsing the internet just fine When I click quot Connect to a Network quot I am told on the next screen that none can be found Clicking quot Show Network computers and devices quot shows my computer and a quot Residential Gateway Device quot that is my wireless router Linksys WRT G In the Network and Sharing Center Network Discover File Sharing Printer Sharing and Password Protected Sharing are all toggled quot On quot Public folder sharing and Media Sharing are toggled quot Off quot Running a diagnostic on the connection usually turns up the message quot Windows did not find any problems with your Internet connection quot But sometimes it ll tell me that quot No wireless internet adapter is installed quot even though i m trying to connect exclusively via LAN I tried connected the modem directly to my computer without the router in between but that does not help the case I have tried keeping IPv enabled I have since disabled it That s all I can think to include at this time If anyone out there has any suggestions please let me know nbsp

Relevancy 103.2%

My internet keeps saying "acquiring network address", but It is already connected?? I can browse and everything. Im afraid that it will mess with my connection. So whats up?

Thanks

A:Keeps saying "acquiring network address" but is already connected?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keeps-saying-acquiring-network-address-but-is-already-connected.571613/
Relevancy 103.2%

The XP balloon message "Wirelsss Network Is Now Connected" keeps appearing on my notebook PC. When I dismiss it, it comes right back after a few minutes. My network connection is showing "excellent" signal strength and has been connected without interruption for many hours. Does anyone know what might cause this to happen and is there any way to stop it other than disabling all pop-up balloons?

TIA,
-Mike

A:"Wireless Network Is Now Connected" balloon won't go away

See mine and cgesicki's posts in http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/474569-turn-off-task-bar-notification.html

Are you sure that the connection isn't being lost momentarily?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-is-now-connected-balloon-wont-go-away.478047/
Relevancy 103.2%

Hi,
I set up vpn and it appears to be working, but can't access the network. I am getting the notify connected but ipv4/6 "no network access" message. Tried several different settings, fyi PPTP has been opened on the firewall. Any suggestions on how to get network access? Using native (no 3rd party software) ms PPTP to connect a win7 to a vista computer. thanks.

A:VPN "No Network Access", ipv4 not connected

Got vpn working, but not with Microsoft. Went with hamachi vpn free version works on my vista as vpn server (sort of-guess its not a true server program for user since you go thru hamachi's servers) & windows 7 as client (its windows 7 tested). took 2 minutes to set up. Painless, amazing app. Firewall & router and multiple os's proved too much for ms pptp. I can even access my usb hard drive from 2000 miles away!!! So far no problems. Has anyone had any issues with hamachi? little concerned about privacy & security.

so easy to use. It open ports & takes care of all firewall bs. Just right click your vpn computer hit "browse" and you're in from anywhere in the world. (ip adresses whited out) for simplicity even beats anything i've seen on a mac.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/56301-vpn-no-network-access-ipv4-not-connected.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Hey guys I m getting to my wits end with my computer lately I have no idea what s going on but recently I ve been having some internet problems Namely an Unidentified Network with no NETWORK access Some information first the NIC that I m using is the Realtek PCIe Family Controller I ve updated the drivers I ve uninstalled I ve reinstalled I ve basically been on the internet for the past two days trying all the solutions Including refreshing and renewing my ip trying a static ip although I m still not sure to internet or "Unidentified connect Network" Can't my network if I did this step correctly I ve tried disabling IPV I ve tried adjusting my speedflux believe me I ve tried just about everything I don t Can't connect to my network or internet "Unidentified Network" have one blue link left when it comes to my google searches on fixing this problem The problem is also intermittent with seemingly no reason whatsoever some days Ill go without internet for the entire day then the next day I ll boot up my computer and I ll have internet again It should be noted that when I enable WIRELESS on my laptop I m able to connect to the network but when I enable wired I am not able to Here is the ipconfig all for when I m connected wirelessly and have a connection Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Collin-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL AE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - - D-BC-D -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Can't connect to my network or internet "Unidentified Network" Lease Expires December Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled C Windows system gt And here is the ipconfig when I m connected through the wired connection with no internet connectivity Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Collin-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Can't connect to my network or internet "Unidentified Network" Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - -F -D -EF-DC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled C Windows system gt It should be noted that I am using powerline adapters for my connection but as I said this problem only recently started cropping up I went fine for almost a week with no problems then all of a sudden it started happening Thanks for the help in advance im pulling my hair out over this I m still able to connect wirelessly so its not too much of an issue but I prefer via Ethernet I also need to know if its my network card that s going bad in my laptop just paid for this rig so I need to know if I need to send it back or not its still under warranty but Im currently living in Europe so I don t want to have to pay shipping costs to the states to get it fixed if I don t need to

A:Can't connect to my network or internet "Unidentified Network"

Problem fixed, after a night of trying every single tweak in the windows operating system, turns out it was the powerline adapter that needed to be reset.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/266041-cant-connect-my-network-internet-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 101.48%

hi guys I am experiencing very random odd quot you are not connected to any network quot while I am browsing for instance I will check the taskbar and the Ethernet connection icon appears with the red X after a few seconds it will reconnect automatically and everything works back again This happens completely random just happened minutes ago cable was not being bent laptop was on a flat surface etc Things I have tried - Brand New Ethernet cable the one I am using now - Checked Ethernet socket of my laptop tried to bend back the contacts which seem OK I cannot figure out if it's a problem of the router or is simply the Ethernet connector's internal wires that are simply too flat and sometimes doing a quot false quot contact next step I am thinking to get one of these cheap USB to Ethernet Jacks from Ebay gt USB to Ethernet connected Random Are any network" "You not to Very Adapter RJ Mbps LAN Gigabit Network Portable Card eBay - since it's a laptop is much easier Very Random "You Are not connected to any network" that way than replacing motherboard or re-soldering a new Ethernet port ON a side note same thing happened with my other laptop just the other day with another cable as well I'm thinking it could be the router instead any ideas thanks Gabrio

A:Very Random "You Are not connected to any network"

...two things you can check... look at the power management tab of the NIC, uncheck the box to allow the computer to turn off the device to save power. second... you can reset the modem then restart the laptop while attached to the modem...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342669-very-random-you-not-connected-any-network.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi,
I am trying to access my Vista Computer set up by pptp to accept a vpn connection from a windows 7 computer. Network and file sharing are turned "on", and files are set to share. It says I am connected but "NO Network Access".
using windows software only (no 3rd party).
Does anyone know how I can complete this connection? thanks!

A:VPN connected but "NO Network Access"

Configure the WORKGROUP name on client workstation to be same as the other machine WORKGROUP or DOMAIN name.

Any joy?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/266818-vpn-connected-but-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 101.48%

This is annoying me now I've tried everything is to connected "Windows not am. I network" when a I know but nothing seems to work "Windows is not connected to a network" when I am. I've looked on this forum and other forums and tried what's been recommended for similar problems but "Windows is not connected to a network" when I am. nothing seems to work This problem started a couple of months ago when I was living on my University campus I had a wired Ethernet connection and one day Windows was saying I'm not connected to a network and I couldn't see anyone on the network and they couldn't see me I thought this was just a problem with the Uni connection so I left it for now I came home this weekend where I use a wireless connection and the same problem is happening Network and Sharing centre is saying I'm not connected to a network and the Internet connection icon i the task bar has the wireless icon with the gold star on it showing there is networks available If I click that at the top it says quot Not connected quot but it shows my wireless connection and says quot Connected quot next to it I still can't see computers on the network either I'm using Windows Firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows Ultimate My wireless adapter is an Abit AirPace and my Ethernet port is an Nvidia nForce NIC If I disable Windows Firewall then I can see other computers on my network but I guess that's because by default whatver network it's set me on is set to quot Public quot I've checked all the needed networking services are enabled and running and tried resetting the firewall settings to default When I came home as well it was the first time this Windows installation has seen this wireless connection as well as I did a clean install while I was living away and normally it should have come up saying a new network has been found etc and to choose either Home Public or Work but none of that came up when I connected Any help would be appreciated as it's annoying when I need to transfer files between my computer and netbook

A:"Windows is not connected to a network" when I am.

Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong

This is annoying me now, I've tried everything I know but nothing seems to work. I've looked on this forum and other forums and tried what's been recommended for similar problems but nothing seems to work.

This problem started a couple of months ago when I was living on my University campus. I had a wired Ethernet connection and one day Windows was saying I'm not connected to a network and I couldn't see anyone on the network and they couldn't see me. I thought this was just a problem with the Uni connection, so I left it for now.

I came home this weekend where I use a wireless connection, and the same problem is happening. Network and Sharing centre is saying I'm not connected to a network, and the Internet connection icon i the task bar has the wireless icon with the gold star on it showing there is networks available. If I click that, at the top it says "Not connected", but it shows my wireless connection and says "Connected" next to it. I still can't see computers on the network either.

I'm using Windows Firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7 Ultimate. My wireless adapter is an Abit AirPace, and my Ethernet port is an Nvidia nForce NIC. If I disable Windows Firewall, then I can see other computers on my network, but I guess that's because by default, whatver network it's set me on is set to "Public".

I've checked all the needed networking services are enabled and running, and tried resetting the firewall settings to default. When I came home as well, it was the first time this Windows installation has seen this wireless connection as well as I did a clean install while I was living away, and normally it should have come up saying a new network has been found etc and to choose either Home, Public or Work, but none of that came up when I connected.

Any help would be appreciated as it's annoying when I need to transfer files between my computer and netbook.

Are you running "homegroup" by chance?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/93894-windows-not-connected-network-when-i-am.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi there,

I am trying to setup VPN access to watch BBC iplayer when staying outside the UK. I successfully set up the access on one computer (Windows 8) but having problems do the same thing for my other computer running Windows 7. On the Win 8 machine, once connected to VPN, I am able to watch the programs the same way as when I am in the UK. This is the problem I am having with the Win 7 machine:

(1) I lose internet connection after I connect to VPN

If i uncheck 'use default gateway on remote network' for the VPN connection (on Ipv4 and/or Ipv6), then

(2) I don't lose the internet connection BUT VPN connection shows as 'no network access' and I still cannot watch the programs (it tells me that I am outside the UK, so I assume it still renders my behind the VPN IP address as non-UK).

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,
Vishi

A:"no network access" when connected to VPN

Sorry, but this site will not aid in activities that violate terms of services or laws.

From BBC's website:

"Outside the UK
Search iPlayer Questions
Rights agreements mean that BBC iPlayer television programmes are only available to users in the UK. However, if you have previously downloaded a programme onto your laptop or portable hard drive from BBC iPlayer while in the UK, you can then watch it anywhere in the world.

Most radio programmes are available to listen live or on demand outside the UK, in addition to podcasts, although sporting and other programmes may be subject to rights agreements.

However, we are aware of demand for an international version. BBC Worldwide has recently launched the BBC iPlayer App for iPad and iPhone in various countries. Visit the BBC iPlayer (Global) YouTube channel for further information."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-access-when-connected-to-vpn.1094825/
Relevancy 101.05%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Just got hold of the new 2.0 Homehub, and it's decided that it will connect me to the internet but not put me in a local network.

What I mean by that is, I normally play games with my brothers on LAN but games I make, they can't see, and games they make I cannot see.
Any ideas? I've tried getting us all in a workgroup but it's just hassle.

Thanks,

Xanny

Relevancy 98.04%

nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp We are migrating from XP to Windows and using USMT offline to migrate user settings etc Network completed printer check 0x00000709) not be printer Double sure "Operation (error name is and the connected Printers could that the network." the make to printers are migrated but on the users first login if the user tries to set their default printer they receive the following error message - quot Operation could not be completed error x Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network quot nbsp nbsp The printer is in fact installed and it is possible to print a test print just not set the default printer The issue is resolved by restarting the print spooler or logging out and back in or rebooting or re-installing the printer so nbsp is only an issue during the users first login nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Printers "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709) Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network." nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Printers "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709) Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network." nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Is there a way this can be quot fixed quot nbsp or mitigated so users have a nbsp totally smooth migration experience at first login nbsp nbsp nbsp Thanks nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Tom

A:Printers "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709) Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network."

Hi,
According to the error message, I assume that the spooler service cannot find out the printer on the network.

You may set the startup type of Printer Spooler service to Manual or Delayed Start for a test.Juke Chou
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/57d9e420-0ea2-4561-a7cc-2fd33da792ae/printers-quotoperation-could-not-be-completed-error-0x00000709-double-check-the-printer-name-and?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 97.18%

Vista Home Premium -bit brand new on Sony Vaio laptop WRT G Linksys wireless router router connect internet, boot to Solved: says, At will not up "Local only" firmware just updated and according to Linksys Support it Solved: At boot up will not connect to internet, says, "Local only" s set up correctly and functioning perfectly I have two other computers connected to this wireless network one laptop running XP Pro SP - it boots up to Local and Internet just fine The other is a desk top that is connected with RJ Cat- network cable - works perfectly When I boot up the new computer it connects to the router and the message when hovering over the networking icon in system tray is quot Access only quot - no quot and Internet quot and I cannot log onto the web Solved: At boot up will not connect to internet, says, "Local only" I then right click on that networking icon and select quot Connect to a network quot then hit the quot Disconnect quot button to disconnect from my wireless network - then re-connect back Upon completion of this I am logged on properly and when hovering over the newtwork icon the message is quot Access Local and Internet quot and all is well What can I do to have it automatically log to Local and Internet without having to manually disconnect and reconnect I ve tried disabling my McAfee anti-virus - makes no diffenece Comcast Solved: At boot up will not connect to internet, says, "Local only" internet cable modem etc TIA for any help nbsp

A:Solved: At boot up will not connect to internet, says, "Local only"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-at-boot-up-will-not-connect-to-internet-says-local-only.826913/
Relevancy 96.75%

I am connected to the network, and as you see I am online. But my Wireless Network Connection says that i am not connected to the network! It shows that red X. Can you tell me what is wrong with it? Its annoying and i keeps throwing me off. What should i do?
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\George>IPCONFIG/ALL

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : matrix
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Networ
k Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-12-F0-CD-55-07
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.3
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 77.91.190.21
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, March 14, 2009 4:13:49 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, March 15, 2009 4:13:49 PM

C:\Documents and Settings\George>

A:Internet is working, but my "wireless internet connection" says "not connected"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-is-working-but-my-wireless-internet-connection-says-not-connected.809345/
Relevancy 96.32%

Everything worked fine until I went to move my desk to a different area and had to unplug everything Upon plugging everything back up - my desktop internet works fine but the laptop says quot Connected but no internet access quot I ve tried working on it for hours unplugging and replugging cords back up and I can t get any internet access on my laptop I am using a cable modem Currently I have the blue ethernet cord running from the modem directly into my computer I also have a grey cord that apparently was plugged into the router somehow but I don t remember how exactly I had this one plugged up The cable modem only has one jack for quot ethernet quot The router is a Linksys WRT G and Internet connected but Solved: says Access" "No Laptop has numbered - jacks in the back and then one jack for quot internet quot The laptop is running Windows and the desktop which the internet runs fine on right now is running Vista I d greatly appreciate any help with the laptop internet as I really need the laptop for school Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop connected but says "No Internet Access"

Hi urghh1, and welcome to TSG,

Try ...

1) Turning off the modem and the router for a few minutes

2) Connect one Ethernet cable between the Ethernet Port on the modem and the Internet Port on the router

3) Connect a second Ethernet cable between any one of the four LAN Ports on the router and the Ethernet Port on the desktop computer.

4) Turn on the router and then the modem.

5) Check if the desktop computer has a working Internet connection

6) Check if the laptop is connected to the router and you have a working Internet connection as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-connected-but-says-no-internet-access.1047182/
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi I ve searched for about an hour and a half around the forums to try and find the answer to this but I didn t I d rather not bring my laptop to the store for repairs since I don t know when I ll see it back I have a laptop about years old Worked almost flawlessly until recently It s a toshiba satellite celeron I believe with megs of RAM I have a problem with my wireless connection Recently it started quot not finding available networks quot It s stupid because the wireless card actually works since I m connected right now as I am typing this My card automatically connects to the last network it was in so I can only connect to a random network that is around my house but not my actual one I cannot change my connection to my own router since it says quot No wireless networks found in range quot It s not cool because now at school I can t get on the network since it can t find it The Network stumbler finds connections around my house but the quot wireless network connection quot window doesn t I reinstalled my drivers I tried playing in the services and msconfig-boot utilities but network says networks to were "No !!! Connected wireless wireless range" found in to see if I had disabled something nothing anybody ever saw something like that thanks a lot in advance nbsp

A:Connected to wireless network but says "No wireless networks were found in range" !!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wireless-network-but-says-no-wireless-networks-were-found-in-range.507659/
Relevancy 95.89%

Running Windows XP Home Service Pack It seems that what I m trying to do should be simple Yet I ve literally been trying to do it for over a year I stumbled upon this forum so maybe you can make my dreams come true and actually give me a shared network angels singing Keep refusing Home Network computers Windows show Places" network to XP "My in mind I once Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers had a shared network and everything was fine Then one day it mysteriously stopped and hasn t run since even after hundreds literally of attempts to set it up again For the moment all I want to do is have my computer we ll call this computer quot Sony Laptop quot appear in its own quot My Network Places quot window - not concerned with Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers the other networked computer at the moment I have tried quot Set up a home or small office network quot and quot set up a wireless network for a home or small office quot dozens of times chosen every single combination possible completed them restarted but quot Sony Laptop quot still never appears in quot My Network Places quot I cannot for the life of me understand it If that s all the info you need please respond If you want more observations read below FRY S DESKTOP Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers is connected to BELKIN ROUTER via ethernet SONY LAPTOP is connected to BELKIN ROUTER via wireless -- ethernet ----- FRY S DESKTOP BELKIN ROUTER --wireless -------SONY LAPTOP I can receive wireless internet with the SONY LAPTOP through the BELKIN ROUTER I can ping FRY S DESKTOP from SONY LAPTOP I cannot ping SONY LAPTOP from FRY S DESKTOP I tried pinging SONY LAPTOP through both the wireless IP address and a connected ethernet cable Local Area Connection IP address connected through the BELKIN ROUTER Neither worked Some things I ve encountered When I explore the network gt My Network Places gt Entire Network gt Microsoft Windows Network I get a funny message quot Unable to Browse the Network - The Network is not present or not started - For more information click Help quot Of course in classic Windows style when I click quot Help quot the window hangs and never goes anywhere kind of ironic - don t you think It s called quot Windows quot and can t function within a window I was told by some others that I should check the quot Services quot and more specifically Workstation Server TCP IP Netbios helper Computer Browser Now of those four two of them had not been started Workstation and Computer Browser I tried starting these double click them and up will pop a window that allows you to start but each of them came up with an error message Here are those two error messages Computer Browser quot Could not start the Computer Browser service on Local computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot Workstation quot Could not start the Workstation Service on Local Computer Error The specified module could not be found quot If anybody knows anything about these errors and how to fix them let mek now So that s it That s my experience so far As you can see I m neck deep in it and nothing would make me happier than finally figuring it out after months Chris nbsp

A:Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers

You need to look at the dependency list for each service. In the case of Computer Browser, it's Workstation and Server.

Since Workstation is failing, that's probably the place to start.

Do you have WKSSVC.DLL in C:\Windows\system32? That's the workstation service, and it appears to be the missing module. I'd first try copying that from the installation disk, if it's missing, and then register it too by:

Start, Run, regsvr32 wkssvc.dll

If you can't find the DLL, you can run sfc /scannow to restore missing files.

A shortcut may be to download the file from DLL Dump and register it as described above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-my-network-places-refusing-to-show-network-computers.536504/
Relevancy 95.89%

I am running a peer-to-peer LAN Vanish from Wizard" Network Install Network Using Places Printer Computers My "HP of Win XP Pro SP boxes Over of them in a particular workgroup All static IP addresses All machines have File and Print Sharing set up and Windows Firewall turned off I have used quot HP Install Network Printer Wizard quot to install a couple of HP s Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places and Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places a HP d printer each of which have JetDirect N cards installed But my problem isn t with the installation and use of the printers In fact this software works fine and everyone prints happily Here s the catch all machines using HP Install Network Printer Wizard mysteriously disappear from My Network Places no matter what machine I use to look at My Network Places after minutes If I reboot one of them it s back for about minutes then gone Now they re pingable and in fact you can find them using the Search button But they re not visible and to my staff this is a major obstacle I have boxes without the HP wizard and they re visible on My Network Places Using a couple different boxes as guinea pigs I can affirm that deleting the printers uninstalling HP Install Network Printer Wizard and eliminating references to it in the registry does not reverse the situation and fix the problem Ugh I can also affirm that disabling our Kaspersky Anti-Virus does not solve the quot vanishing quot problem A call to HP Support and subsequent discussion with their reps yielded no help although they did get a good chuckle out of it nbsp

A:Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places

OK there is a catch here you know how the printers after 20 min of no using them is going in stand by mode ... for some reason the network card is going in standby mode for the printer also if you try to print over the network you gonna see that the printer is going back visible.
Solution: There was a option in Network Monitor Devices for don't going on that "standby mode" check and see if this will help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-using-hp-install-network-printer-wizard-vanish-from-my-network-places.596562/
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi,

I'm running a Win XP SP2 machine, a couple of days ago the Network Icons in the taskbar dissapeared. Also, I cannot get into Network Connections to check the connections. The folder is empty.

However, the all the connections work fine, I just cannot edit them or get any details... Cause they're nowhere to be found.

I browsed around the net and found that for this type of problems one needs to check if certain services such as "Network Connections" and "Telephony" are running. I checked, and they are all stuck in "Starting" status. And nothing I can get them to start.

I checked the chain of dependencies and the service they all depend on "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)" is started and running.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated, thanks guys!

A:Missing Network Icons, Network Connections Service stuck on "starting"

Symptom: Your network connections folder is empty.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, follow each one with the Enter key:

regsvr32 netshell.dll
regsvr32 netcfgx.dll
regsvr32 netman.dll

Reboot the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-network-icons-network-connections-service-stuck-on-starting.773632/
Relevancy 95.89%

I have my internet connection saying it is connected but whenever I go onto firefox it tells me it couldnt connect.

ipconfig tells me it encountered an error, repairing connection tells me it can't get into tcp/ip settings. I have tried resetting winsock.

I'm currently not at my computer and I'm being forced to rush, so if you need more specific error messages just tell me and I will post with my phone.

A:Local Area Connection "Connected", no net

Post ipconfig /all
You may be connected to your LAN, but not the internet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-connected-no-net.149476/
Relevancy 95.89%

quot Local Area Connection Network not connected quot is the annoying little bubble that pops up on my screen everytime I turn on my computer And sadly it Area Solved: Local wha-wha-wha-?! Network connected... Connection not stays there I recently moved to a new apartment my internet connection was Solved: Local Area Connection Network not connected... wha-wha-wha-?! fine when I arrived One week later and I m screwed up the wazoo The facts are as follows I ve been living in a community that receives free internet service courtesy of Pavlov whatever that might be- However anything named after such a sadistic dork I should probably be wary of right In my first apartment here I had issues registering w the service as for some reason my computer refused to accept the connection initially I called local maintenance and a smart young lady w the computer center arrived worked her voodoo and left me w internet It was good When I moved I simply moved from one building to another in the communtiy After I moved my Solved: Local Area Connection Network not connected... wha-wha-wha-?! internet worked fine for a week and a half In that time there were two large storms One noticeably knocked out power but not to my room The other occured the day before I discovered this annoying little message of disconnection and called Pavlov Tech support They walked me through an entire process of checking my IP address and renewing my connection and everything --Didn t work if you couldn t tell They promised to send out a technician who was to arrive in three business days I m still waiting over a week later I called the local maintenance people w in the community They brought in a technician who changed out the hub in the room poked around on my computer and then told me I needed to buy a new ethercard due to the storm frying it I had the sneaking suspicion he hadn t a clue what he was talking about because he kept asking me about lights blinking on the back of my computer- The back of my computer has never HAD lights Not only that my computer wasn t even ON during the storm AND it has a surge protector I came here looking for answers found many none are the right one I ve tried disabling the connection it just disables the connection I ve tried deleting the connection it won t let me do that I ve tried running all my virus detection programs and it tells me I m clean oh happy day but still no connection I m at the end of my rope What the heezy is going on here Is that crackpot actually right about a new ethercard or is it something I should be able to fix Please a little guidance if you will Btw ipconfig all Media disconnected -The community s due to go wireless soon but upon receiving the error they stated that hadn t yet set up anything in relation to the network Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection Network not connected... wha-wha-wha-?!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-network-not-connected-wha-wha-wha.498335/
Relevancy 95.89%

This is a question for information about why my networking problem finally was resolved I have four PC s on my network one Windows and three Windows XP The Windows PC always sees all three of the other computers However the Windows XP computers sometimes don t see the other XP computers when I press My Network Places Quite by accident I discovered that "View when Network Places" Why "My does Workgroup Computers" doesn't? work if I press View Workgroup Computers then ALL the other PC s in the network DO show up Furthermore if I click through quot View Workgroup Computers quot and access edit a file on one of the other computers then this computer will ALSO show up in My Network Places This behavior seems to be quite consistent and works every time I have tried it Apparently this is a workaround to the long vexing problem of why Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't? my networked PC s sometimes don t show up under My Network Places My question why does View Workgroup Computers apparently always show all the networked PC s when My Network Places does so only intermittently or sometimes not at all Thanks for Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't? any response Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/why-does-view-workgroup-computers-work-when-my-network-places-doesnt-487868.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Does anybody know how I can change these icons?

I changed the default icon for the network one in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F02C1A0D-BE21-4350-88B0-7367FC96EF3C} but it didn't change.
Appreciate any help,

B

A:Changing "Computer" and "Network" icons in explorer navigation pane

Hello, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you like, you could use the method in the tutorial below to change the icon of "Computer" and "Network" to what you like, and have it applied everywhere in Windows.

Desktop Icons - Change or Restore Default Icon

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/351478-changing-computer-network-icons-explorer-navigation-pane.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi everyone, this morning I turned on the PC to do the usual stuff but I could not connect to my internet with the error "Unidentified Network - Limited". After trying to troubleshoot my ethernet I get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". After troubleshooting didn't work I took to the web. I literally tried every solution I found... to no avail. This brings me to extra frustration since I only built my PC last thursday.

System Specs: CPU; AMD A6-6400K
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-F2A75M
RAM: Kingston 8GB
Storage: 2x 1tb WD Blue
GPU; Gigabyte GTX 650
PSU: Corsair 600w
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95
Case: Corsair 200r
Operating system: Windows 8

IPConfig /all: (Will get when I find something to transfer over the info)

A:"Unidentified Network - Limited" and "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-limited-and-ethernet-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-configuration.1113621/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello First post here and I m DESPERATE for help New laptop Sony Vaio At first it started having internet Internet "no Wireless access" but connected Solved: problems holding a wireless internet connection kept dropping Solved: Wireless Internet connected but "no internet access" now it won t connect at all wirelessly I have a Dlink DIR modem which was working perfectly I bought a new one thinking this was the issue Same thing happened Contacted my ISP they said the modem was fine even came out to confirm It is a Scientific Atlanta modem Contacted Sony and their tech did a lot of R C to my laptop and tried a number of things They couldn t solve it thought it was a hardware issue loose wire in the network card so they had me bring it out of town to be fixed I did that they said it wasn t hardware that it was software and that it was working in their store I got it home and it still didn t work To be on the safe side I swapped out the modem and got a new one Still not working I followed instructions in previous forums to do a stack reset and it still didn t resolve my issue I updated the network drivers from Sony s site disabled AVG firewall entirely and it still doesn t work I can connect now only by hard line connection but even still it drops I cannot figure out what s wrong PLEASE HELP Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users VandR gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name VandR-VAIO Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List phub net cable rogers com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link BGN Physical Address - -C -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b e b Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -CF-E - D- - - C- -F -C DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - C- -F -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b d dd d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April- - PM Lease Expires April- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -CF-E - D- - - C- -F -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap F C C- B- AC - EA -D BBBCD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap phub net cable rogers com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 95.46%

I have started having great difficulting to the internet wireess over the last two weeks. I almost always get a message that my system is ,"acqiring network address" for hours at a time.

A few times I can get connested after hours of rebooting, deleting connection and re acquiring, but it is very painful. There seems to be a Microsoft article # 314067 which describes my situation of DCHP showing a IP address as 0.0.0.0., but I cannot see where they offer a fix.

Has anyone ran into a similar solution. It does not appear to be a Hardwwre issue . Powering down and up does not help. My wireless card is good and shows working. I am stumped.

A:recieving "acquiring network address" when attempting to connect to internet

Hi Draymer,

Welcome along!

Here are some resources from the Microsoft Knowledge Base that will assist you with your issue:

How to troubleshoot home networking in Windows XP

Advanced network adapter troubleshooting for Windows workstations

How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

Give them a good read through and see if you can't resolve any conflicts. Do come back if you don't get any joy and we'll all try and help you along!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recieving-acquiring-network-address-when-attempting-to-connect-to-internet-491790.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I have Comcast cable internet in Atlanta and use a Motorola SB modem and a Linksys wireless router The wireless network has been up and running for over a year and I have never had any problems with it and I have never made any changes to it after the initial setup I connect network. to connection wireless Unable "Internet slow." too is to connect to the wireless network using two smart phones and an Apple laptop I live in an apartment so the signal strength is always high and I am Unable to connect to wireless network. "Internet connection is too slow." never more than one room away from Unable to connect to wireless network. "Internet connection is too slow." the wireless router It was working fine one night like always and then in the morning I was unable to connect to the wireless network I can still access the internet via wired ethernet cable so I know the internet is online and it is downloading at full speed I can access the internet via wired connection directly from the modem to the computer I can also access the internet via wired connection from the modem to the router to the computer Comcast shows no problems with the connection on their end I have purchased all new ethernet cables so I know the cables aren t the problem so I figured the wireless router might have a problem I bought a new wireless router Apple Airport Express and created a new wireless network I can see the network name is available and it has full signal strength with WPA encryption just like it had always been with the old router When I try to connect from my phone or laptop it will say quot Unable to obtain IP address quot and quot Network disabled because the internet connection is slow quot I can t connect to the wireless network from any of my devices but all of my devices are able to connect to any other wireless network This has been going on for about four days now The router is in an open area and is not near any other devices or cables other than what is required I am sure that the encryption type is correct and my password is correct My laptop shows that the internet connection from the modem is quot green quot and the Airport Express has created a wireless network that is quot green quot so everything is online I consider myself smarter than the average user so I have made sure that all the network settings are correct DHCP WPA encryption Process of elimination tells me that the only thing that could be the problem now is the modem Is there something I am missing Do I really need to try buying a new modem or could it be a problem with Comcast Why would it work fine for so long and now I can t connect to the wireless network from any device even after replacing the ethernet cables and the wireless router Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Unable to connect to wireless network. "Internet connection is too slow."

if the router is working with a cable connection, then its unlikely to be the modem , unless thats also a router and you are using it for DHCP

you say the modem is connected by cable to the router
and any device connected to the router by cable works perfectly - is that correct

on the old router - have you removed the wireless security and see if you can connect ?

carried out a full power cycle - see below

also it would be worth making a note of the router configuration and do a factory reset on the router and re setup and try again

with a PC connected by a cable direct to the modem can we see an ipconfig /all
now do a power cycle and connect the router
with a PC connected by a cable direct to the router can we see an ipconfig /all

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

How to power cycle

&#8220;power cycle&#8221; process to reboot or reset the modem/router

Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
Wait at least 1 to 5 minutes. We have found in some instances you need to wait at least 15 minutes
Plug the power cords back in, but don&#8217;t switch them on.
First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Next switch on the router (if a separate device) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network-internet-connection-is-too-slow.1124863/
Relevancy 95.46%

Yesterday, I started to recieve messages that I was infected with the "Cloud Protection" virus. From research, I understand it affects the computer with false warnings and also affects internet connection. I used another computer to run Malwarebytes and Combofix. Combofix cleaned the computer of any virus and malwarebytes cleaned up after it. Since then, I have not any leftovers from the virus. It seems to be gone.
Now, my problem is I still have no internet and the more I do research it seems I am missing registry files.

Netbios and netbt.sys files are two of the files I am sure were missing.

Is there a way to approach this so I can not only do a system recon, but also get it up and running again without reinstalling windows.

I am running XP.

Relevancy 95.46%

On my network card I have a quot a network cable is unplugged quot after unplugged" adding loss is cable network internet 3 of " A Fedora messege The cable is plugged in I first got this messege after installing Fedora Core on a seperate partition Since it the internet connection didn t work I took Fedora off and Re-Installed Win XP Home edition I have this running off a router the router is connected to another PC running SuSE linux I had this same problem on the other computer but I fixed it after installing SuSE and tweeking bad luck I think something got messed " A network cable is unplugged" loss of internet after adding Fedora 3 up in either the re-sizing of the partition gb to gb to make room for Fedora All I have on the computer now is XP home I need XP It is a shame that d games dont run on linux even though I like linux and am using it to type this messege By the way I had both of the computers working fine off the same internet connection after i fixed the old one and before i messed up the new one nbsp " A network cable is unplugged" loss of internet after adding Fedora 3

A:" A network cable is unplugged" loss of internet after adding Fedora 3

Does the network link light turn on on the router and the NIC in your computer?
If not then you have a problem with the cable and/or the hardware. Operating systems, partitions, etc has nothing to do with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-network-cable-is-unplugged-loss-of-internet-after-adding-fedora-3.24076/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi all I ve recently had my internet failing on me I ve got a BT Home Hub which i use to connect my computer to specs in signature via onboard LAN as well as my housemates computer and XBox via wireless Everythings been fine for about years but recently after installing a new OS XP home on a new hard disk about weeks after this new setup ive had the computer tell me that the quot network cable is unplugged quot when i boot up Theres nothing wrong with the cable which is slotted properly or with the onboard LAN device details says everything is working properly After minutes or so itll look up an IP address and connect sometimes itll take a bit longer its probably not the new installation but i have re-installed a Samsung unplugged" - internet problem cable is connection with ethernet "network DVD-ROM drive and MS Office with the downloaded updates - could these have messed up the onboard LAN somehow Its quite annoying that this is occuring since i cant find everything that is obviously wrong any suggestions would be much appreciated my internet problem with ethernet connection - "network cable is unplugged" onboard LAN is a Murvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Base-T Adpater Copper RJ- nbsp

A:internet problem with ethernet connection - "network cable is unplugged"

In correct settings will give you the same error message. Back track your setup... Remove and reinstall everything, then force a reset by pressing the reset buttton in the back of the cable modem, and the routers, and reboot.
If your devices are all from the same manufacturer, their disc will usually fix them all.
Also, your internet provider can tell a lot by looking into your system from their tech support bench in Las Vegas.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-problem-with-ethernet-connection-network-cable-is-unplugged.85240/
Relevancy 95.46%

I have a Dell desktop computer with windows xp. The internert was working fine until i connected my Moto Q phone to it and since then i have been getting "acquiring network address". The computer is connected a router with 3 other computer and all the other are working fine.

A:Can't access the internet at all; Stuck on "acquiring network address"

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Make and model of the broadband modem.
Make and model of the router.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make/model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2, Vista, etc.

Also, please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

On any problem computer, I'd also like to see this:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-the-internet-at-all-stuck-on-acquiring-network-address.653565/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi I used to internet connect Win7 network adapter over to won't "secondary" connect to the internet with cable broadband service going from the cable modem to my Asus RT-N router and then by wire to my desktop computer This Asus network includes my NAS and wireless printer Then I cancelled my cable internet and returned the modem Now I am connecting to the internet through a cell-based wireless hot-spot So I added a USB wifi dongle to my desktop and can connect fine to the hot-spot and the system tray says there is internet on the wifi but the browser stills tries to connect through the wired network which has no internet access and goes to the error page of the Asus router There are no proxy settings in the browser or anything else I can see that would force this behavior In order to get internet through the hot-spot I have to disable the wired adapter Tried rebooting and looking around for something that might be forcing this but I am not so knowledgeable in this area Any help is appreciated Thanks

A:Win7 won't connect to internet over "secondary" network adapter

LOL, fixed it myself from an older post on this forum that showed up in a different search than the first one I tried. Solution was to set the interface metric in the advanced settings for the Internet Protocol properties for each adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/317276-win7-wont-connect-internet-over-secondary-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi guys I'm new to this forums so please be patient with me I recently got rid of a virus but i think it did some damage to the computer I know that it deleted some Network to connecting stuck "identifying" not public is & internet, on registry files for firewall but I fixed that following some other advice from other threads on here but the next issue I have is that I cant get on the internet and the network status keeps saying quot identifying Network is not connecting to internet, stuck on "identifying" & public quot I do not want to clean install because Network is not connecting to internet, stuck on "identifying" & public I have a lot of things on this computer and re-installing Win is my LAST resort I have a Verzion DSL Westell W modem that I have had for more than years now It is still working and all my laptops work on wireless just fine I also tried to see if it is the cable by connecting it to one of my laptops and using the connection on LAN and it is just fine too So it is not the cable However when I plug it into my desktop HP w it is continually searching for the network and keeps saying quot identifying quot There is no connection and no internet I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the network adapter driver did a SFC scannow repair unplugged the modem and shut down the computer to reset them checked the properties for the local area connections to make sure they are on auto disabling and enabling the connection diagnosing the issue troubleshoot couldnt ID the problem I don't know what else to do The modem is fine and I never had a problem with this desktop until the virus I think it damaged some setting or something so that the network adapter doesnt recognize the internet Thanks in advance for your help I really appreciate it Here's a screenshot of what it looks like And I also included my ipconfig idk if that's important or not

A:Network is not connecting to internet, stuck on "identifying" & public

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Your computer might still be infected if it's stuck on Identifying.

Try running Free SuperAntiSpyware, see if it helps.

Check all your Network Services as well, see if they are all on Started mode including their Dependencies, check the Dependency Tab for that.
Click on start and type services.msc press enter. On Dependency Tab, check the Dependecies make sure that they are also Started.

• COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
• Computer Browser
• DHCP Client
• DNS Client
• Network Connections
• Network Location Awareness
• Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
• Server
• TCP/IP Netbios helper
• WLAN AutoConfig (for Vista and Windows 7 only)
• Workstation

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/203730-network-not-connecting-internet-stuck-identifying-public.html
Relevancy 95.46%

We have a small network in our office Our quot server quot is actually an old PC with a large hard drive Small network Wired-has other can't computers issues. internet, "see" running Windows Home Premium x It is wired to our wireless router We have computers and a plotter that are connected wirelessly to our router We limit connection to the router by mac Small network issues. Wired-has internet, can't "see" other computers address The other computers Small network issues. Wired-has internet, can't "see" other computers run various versions of Win There have been no issues until we replaced a computer with a new one running Windows Home Premium x We were able to log on to the router wirelessly but did not have access to internet or other computers plotters on the network We tried hard wiring the computer to the router and were able to gain internet but no access to other network computers I'm a little limited in my experience with network issues I've been fortunate that everything happened to work up until now What would be a good way of troubleshooting the issue What other information about our setup would help Thanks Dave

A:Small network issues. Wired-has internet, can't "see" other computers

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Have you already tried a Power Cycle?

If that didn't help at all, take a snap shot of the Mac Filtering page, paste it on to MS Word or Wordpad and save it, then Disable Mac filtering for now. Test your internet connectivity after. If all goes well, then you may do the Mac filtering again.

Still No-Go, proceed to update your router's firmware. You may download the firmware from the Manufacturer's site.

An udate will be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/206694-small-network-issues-wired-has-internet-cant-see-other-computers.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I have three Windows computers and one Windows XP computers my most recent Windows computer HP Pavilion a w which originally had Windows XP on it was given to me saying quot if you can fix it you keep it quot sort of deal the Windows XP was loaded with viruses I opened it in safe mode because the virus blocked dxdiag saying some system file was infected in dialup network slow as ipv6 access" internet "no normal mode I verified it meets the minimum requirement to run Windows based on computer's stats I put Windows ultimate in and formatted the HDD and installed Windows installed my video driver via quot have disk quot because the graphics doesn't like Windows followed a tutorial long story short I have internet plugged internet slow as dialup ipv6 "no network access" directly in the modem all other Windows computers plus the Windows XP computer get ipv but this one the internet on the computer without ipv working is as slow as dialup and in the settings it says under ipv quot No Network Access quot ipv works but downloads internet slow as dialup ipv6 "no network access" are extremely slow

A:internet slow as dialup ipv6 "no network access"

Quote: Originally Posted by Alduins Khajiit

I have three Windows 7 computers and one Windows XP computers. my most recent Windows 7 computer (HP Pavilion a1423w) which originally had Windows XP on it was given to me saying "if you can fix it, you keep it" sort of deal. the Windows XP was loaded with viruses. I opened it in safe mode because the virus blocked dxdiag saying some system file was infected in normal mode. I verified it meets the minimum requirement to run Windows 7 based on computer's stats. I put Windows 7 ultimate in and formatted the HDD and installed Windows 7. installed my video driver via "have disk" because the graphics doesn't like Windows 7 (followed a tutorial).

long story short, I have internet plugged directly in the modem, all other Windows 7 computers plus the Windows XP computer get ipv6 but this one. the internet on the computer without ipv6 working is as slow as dialup, and in the settings it says under ipv6 "No Network Access" ipv4 works but downloads are extremely slow

Are you able to provide screenshots of the IPv6 addresses you are referring to in an IPconfig screenshot. IPv6 has various categories of addresses that determine what sort of access you have.

To better assist you can you please follow this tutorial from a working machine and the one that isn't working so we can make a comparison - Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread. This can help us identify what may be causing your issue.

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/334982-internet-slow-dialup-ipv6-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello all this is my first time posting here Today I encountered an issue with my Ethernet on my Windows Desktop after restarting my router losing access to the internet and I can't seem to figure out what went wrong at all I recently restarted my router since my internet was hiccuping the past couple days and would disconnect for after Internet" Network Ethernet - No restart W10 "Unidentified router a couple minutes at a time I did the same thing a few days ago and the first time I restarted my router no issues occurred on my desktop It naturally reconnected after W10 Ethernet "Unidentified Network - No Internet" after router restart a few minutes once the router came back online Today I did the same thing and restarted my router however this time I tried Troubleshooting on my desktop to try and reconnect faster I have a W10 Ethernet "Unidentified Network - No Internet" after router restart Macbook that I also use and I saw it reconnected first so I thought my Desktop needed an extra boost and I started the Troubleshooting process During the process I saw it said it disabled the Ethernet and reenabled it Once the process was complete it showed it couldn't find any problems but my internet was still disconnected Now my Ethernet is shown as an Unidentified Network with no internet access on a Public Network I've tried disabling and reenabling my Ethernet restarting the router once more and rebooting my PC all to no avail Whenever I troubleshoot it it says no issues could be found My laptop and the other computers in the household are connecting just fine It seems like my PC lost the credentials to connect to the network automatically during the router's restart and now is stuck in limbo At least that's my guess The ethernet shows there's no network access on IPv or IPv connectivity and when going to Ethernet Properties it shows my IPv DNS Servers as fec ffff fec ffff and fec ffff The manufacturer is Realtek I really don't see how it's a hardware or software issue as it was working completely normally before I did the router restart As I said the one thing I did different was initiate Network Troubleshooting while the router was still starting up which I thing caused the desktop's connection flub out Regardless I'm at a loss on what to do Any help would be appreciated and please forgive me if I didn't provide enough details here my first time I'll do my best to provide any needed info if necessary

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/56061-w10-ethernet-unidentified-network-no-internet-after-router-restart.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi,

I am connected to a public wifi in my building thru built-in adapter of my laptop. I am running Windows 7 Home Basic. The connection allows only one device to run on one login name. I need to share this connection with my other device by turning my laptop into hotspot or thru ethernet. I have tried using Virtual Wifi Miniport and Connectify. I have tried LAN also. But I encounter the same problem in all the cases. As soon as I turn on internet sharing thru the properties of my public wifi connection, the Virtual Wifi or the LAN turn "Unidentified" and there is no internet on my other device. I even tried using a usb wifi adapter to connect to public wifi and sharing the internet over my laptop's adapter and vice versa but to no avail.

Please help...

A:Network turns "Unidentified" on Internet Connection Sharing

Call tech support for the public Wi-Fi and see if they have made ICS unusable to prevent people from trying to circumvent their restriction. Whether they have or not we will not help. Closing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-turns-unidentified-on-internet-connection-sharing.1083683/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello all I have had a problem for about days now which has rendered me completely unable to gain Intenet access on any network when two other devices in the house A netbook and DSi can connect and browse no problem The reason I am posting on this particular forum is because on Google searching my problem I found this thread http forums detect settings" network's could automatically No access, proxy not Internet "Windows techguy org networking -solved-laptop-suddenly-not-connecting html The user who posted the thread has exactly the same problem as No Internet access, "Windows could not automatically detect network's proxy settings" me as well as the exact same laptop Samsung R- and a D-Link router like me Though somehow her problem was solved by her Father she didn t specify how and I m the only computer literate one in the house and so it s up to me only In case you couldn t be bothered to read the thread linked above here is some info on No Internet access, "Windows could not automatically detect network's proxy settings" my problem most likely more in-depth than the above user It started off one morning being constantly stuck at at quot Identifying quot on the Network pane in the Toolbar and not granting any access to the Internet Upon troubleshooting it came up with the detected error quot Windows could not automatically detect this network s Proxy settings quot More recently I have managed to get rid of the quot Identifying quot status by entering and in the respective IP address Subnet mask Default gateway and Preferred DNS Server sections in the IPv Properties I am not sure why I did it but I think I saw someone say it on a forum and adapted it to my own PC s settings Even though doing so has removed the quot Identifying quot status there is still no Internet access when the signal strength is full and it says it is connected Also connecting to the network via Ethernet still has the quot Identifying quot status for some reason Info on computer and other PC Samsung R- Laptop given via Home Access Grant Approx years old OS Windows Professional x Router D-Link DSL- Wireless Router I am happy to give more information if it means you are able to help me out more like the ipconfig all and such Thanks for reading and also thanks in advance for helping out Oh and also thanks for your patience since being I can be a little clueless about things at times nbsp

A:No Internet access, "Windows could not automatically detect network's proxy settings"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-windows-could-not-automatically-detect-networks-proxy-settings.1033984/