Windows Support Forum

How to enable wireless on a Hp compaq laptop

Q: How to enable wireless on a Hp compaq laptop

It doesn't work
And it says it has been disabled from the device manager
Plz help !

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to enable wireless on a Hp compaq laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 62.78%

HELP!!!! I have an HP 2000 laptop and all of a sudden the wireless function will not work. no matter what I do the button stays orange. I do not have Wireless Assistant installed on this computer. I tried to download it from another computer and install to mine, but it stated that the version was not accepted. I have only had this computer 6 months. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:wireless will not enable on HP 2000 laptop

Hi You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine. 4) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 5) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit. 6) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well. If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wireless-will-not-enable-on-HP-2000-laptop/td-p/1615339
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a HP Pavillian laptop that has built in wireless capability. A month ago, I installed a Verizon wireless pc card (slide-in) and the software, so that I could go online when away from home. I decided I didn't like the service so I cancelled it and uninstalled the VZ software. Now I can't receive a wireless signal at the library. It will not allow me to enable the WLAN assistant so any signals nearby are not seen.

What should I do?

Relevancy 61.92%

i dont knw how to switch on the wirelss on my Envy

Solved!
View Solution.

A:How do I enable (turn on) wireless on my Envy laptop?

Check the Lights on the F12 key if it is amber that means your wirelss is not on ..try to push the F12 Once it will turn Blue and thn try access the internetthat might help youGood Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-do-I-enable-turn-on-wireless-on-my-Envy-laptop/td-p/858735
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi. everytime i start up my laptop i have to push this button to start my wireless internet. My wireless network is managed by xp, but a signal will not be detected untill i press that button. I want the wireless to connect automaticaly upon bootup. It does connect automaticaly once i press that button now. Any suggestions?

The integrated wireless nic is made by Ralink Tech.

A:Button to enable wireless on laptop (disable help)

You'll probably find all that in the manual.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/button-to-enable-wireless-on-laptop-disable-help.39145/
Relevancy 61.49%

hi ,i ve just recently purchased a compaq presario wireless laptop,i rang sky broadband as they said they could activate the wireless on my laptop as at the moment i currently have the wireless router plugged into my laptop,i spoke to someone at sky and they said i had to find out of compaq some sort of code then ring them back any ideas anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/going-wireless-on-a-compaq-laptop.642862/
Relevancy 61.49%

My Wireless just quit working.  The button is orange and I can't press the button to make it blue(turn it on). It's as if the wireless adapter just quit.  I found a search back in 2009 that it was a known issue but that was other laptops. That issue made reference to BIOS.  Mine is:BIOS Version/Date           Hewlett-Packard F.52, 8/26/2009 Any other things I can test/check?

A:HP Laptop Wireless Adapter will not enable anymore Pressing...

@Scooter2368? System Driver Support Page:HP G60-530US Notebook PC The wireless button only works to engage Wireless when there is a functional Wireless network setup in place. From the How-to Section: Setting Up a New Connection to a Wireless Local Area Network (Windows 7) Creating a Wireless Home Network (Windows 7) You may need to reinstall your Wireless Driver: Control Panel > icon view > Device Manager > Open network to find which type of Wireless driver is needed for your system. From the Troubleshooting Section for your notebook:  Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7) Troubleshoot a Lost Internet or E-mail Connection on a Wireless Network (Windows 7) Wireless Network Connection Fails When Notebook is Switched to Battery Power When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Laptop-Wireless-Adapter-will-not-enable-anymore-Pressing/td-p/5697638
Relevancy 60.2%

Greetings,
I am new to this so i apologize if this question was answered somewhere else but when I searched the forums I could not find a solution.
this is regarding a Compaq evo n620c laptop that says 'connected' to the wireless network but when we click on internet explorer we get an error that states 'cisco systems web authentication redirect'.
the laptop has a broadcom net extreme gigabyte wireless g notebook adapter. is there some way to remedy this or is something wrong with the computer or the network?
Thanks for any advice you can provide.
Have a nice day.

A:wireless error message on compaq laptop

Is this a home network? If it is, reset the modem and router by unplugging for roughly 30 seconds; plug them back in and try again.

If this is a business (employer, Starbucks, etc) then explain to your administrator that you can connect to the network, but you can't get to the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-error-message-on-compaq-laptop.828214/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all, I received a laptop today to look at. The problem is that it doesn't detect wirless networks using the intel pro 2200bg card installed. The light at the side of the switch is always on, There is an exclamation mark against the device in device manager. New drivers have been installed and also system restores have been performed but no answer has come from these. The user said that it worked one minute but not the next. I think its an hardware fault. but need confirmation. As this is an un-upgraded notebook is the wireless adapter removable and replacable on a compaq Presario F500

Relevancy 60.2%

Port?g? R700-184
Part Number : PT311E-02Y01JEN

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to toggle wireless on/off using an external keyboard for the R700 whilst it is on it's docking station?

We only seem to be able to toggle wireless using the built in keyboard (Fn + F8) key.

Also, is there anyway that wireless can be set to off as default at boot up? Is this something that can be done through the BIOS or perhaps by tweaking a registry key?

Grateful for any assistance.

:-)

A:Enable/disable wireless whilst Laptop is docked (External Keyboard)

may seem like a silly question, but why can't you simply use the laptops keyboard????? or is it just a niggly type issue that you'd rather use external one?

unfortunatley the R700 doesnt have a hardware switch for the wireless so its purely mapped to the Fn key which is a toshiba function, so an external k/b is unlikely to be able to replicate it

you can always disable the wireless through W7 network and sharing centre -> change adaptor settings, so few clicks with the mouse or even shortcut it to taskbar/start menu for easy access.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62358-Enable-disable-wireless-whilst-Laptop-is-docked-(External-Keyboard)
Relevancy 58.91%

We have a BRAND NEW Netgear CG3000D-RG wireless router (modem). We have had this modem for just about two months, and have 3 laptops in the house and a XBox 360. We have screaming signal @ 50 megs. However my wifes Compaq Laptop keeps kicking her off the internet. The homepage will load, and sometimes MAYBE one more screen. But then nothing else will load, and the signal bars at the bottom right of the screen get an exclamation point. No other computers have ANY problems, nor does the XBox (which is the only thing that is actually hardwired).
My wife needs this for school......so PLEASE HELP!

Relevancy 58.91%

I just finished a re-install of XP on a Compaq Presario 2100 Laptop, Now I have no wireless access capabilities what so ever.. I don't even see a switch to turn the antenna on.. And there is no wireless card to enable via the GUI in network connections. The LAN card works fine. And They said it did have wireless access before I did the re-install. I have a feeling I am making a simple mistake, Such as turning the antenna on, via a control / F? button, However I do not see any antenna logo's, switches or lights of any kind.. As always appreciate your input..

Relevancy 55.9%

As briefly as I Compaq) enable more (ATI - ram? Xpress to onboard How 200 can - my new compaq sempron presario came with of ram and an onboard ATI Xpress video card that claims quot Up to mb of shared video memory can be allocated quot - it came with preset I tried How to enable more onboard ram? (ATI Xpress 200 - Compaq) changing that to but in the bios setup screen it was greyed out Calling compaq s tech support proved to be useless They said you need to install more ram and then you can change the amount of onboard ram So a few days later - today - I got mb sticks giving me a total of gb of ram Going back to setup it s still greyed out at mb Calling tech support they said quot go to my computer and right click on properties quot and asked how much ram I had I said gb is available They said quot There that s how much ram you have quot After about minutes of back and forth of trying to explain my problem they said you can only have up to mb of onboard ram shared At this point I was just getting pissed and said fine then how do I make it mb Needless to say compaq support didn t go anywhere I went out and spent on gb of ram today getting some rebates with them but my onboard ram is still stuck at mb The bios gives you the option for video quot Onboard PCI PCI-EXPRESS quot it s on PCI right now I tried switching to onboard and it s the same thing Greyed out at mb I know onboard video sucks and all but more than anything I m just disappointed that the compaq box made a bold claim that you could allocate up to mb of system memory to the onboard graphics yet it wont let you do more than mb and to top it off their tech support don t know how to help their customers Any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hye.... My notebook cannot be able to format.
Compaq CQ40, and i want to know that what software the best for my notebook...

A:Enable to format Compaq CQ40

Why do you want to format?
You need to be more specific of what you want to do

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/220134/enable-to-format-compaq-cq40/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, I need to change SATA mode to AHCI in bios as I have installed a SSD drive. The original hard drive failed hence why I installed a SSD drive.  When I run the SSD health utility, it is advising the SATA mode is currently set to IDE, and needs to be changed to AHCI. Please can you advise how I unlock bios or how I change the SATA mode to AHCI from IDE on this model? FYG, i have check the BIOS and there are limited features available.. Most other vendors allow this option to be changed, don't understand why it isn't available . I look forward to your prompt reply and appropriate solution to resolve this matter. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-do-I-enable-AHCI-on-Compaq-CQ60-100EM/td-p/5769755
Relevancy 54.18%

I have an old Compaq Armada laptop that I bought years ago to help me through college After that it kinda gathered dust a little until recently when I wanted to dig it back out and just use it to play a few games on and whathaveyou It booted up fine when I first did it but it soon transpired that it was absolutely chocablock with viruses and spyware and it was running terribly So on what now looks to have been a foolish move I did a C drive format in the hope of popping in a Win SE installation disc and have it boot from that to re-install Windows However now it won t boot Compaq Armada Up Past Won't Laptop Compaq 3500 Boot Screen... up past the Compaq Armada 3500 Laptop Won't Boot Up Past Compaq Screen... COMPAQ initial screen and a quot Diskette Read Driver Error quot or something keeps flashing up Is there any way to get into the BIOS settings to set the CD Drive as the first in the boot-up line-up or are there recovery discs I can download that ll at least get me into DOS Any help will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Compaq Armada 3500 Laptop Won't Boot Up Past Compaq Screen...

Well you should be able to access the CMOS Bios by using either the delete, F1 or F2 keys (sometimes f10). Then under the Bios you should see the Boot Sequence and be able to change it from there. But either way, you should be able to get past the Compaq splash screen. Try setting your boot sequence and see if that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-armada-3500-laptop-wont-boot-up-past-compaq-screen.70213/
Relevancy 53.32%

Cant find the neccessary drivers for the internet have been here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3559331#N337

None of the drivers for ethernet or my wireless card work ???

This is a friends latop they had a virus so i reformatted and now no internet via wirless or wired
any help appreciated.

The virus was a virut file infecter virus so i was afraid to save any of the drivers for fear of reinfection.

Edit:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2330 @ 1.60GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1525 Mb
Graphics Card: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, 5 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 102547 MB, Free - 89975 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 30D9, 83.21, CND80437PP
Antivirus: None

If any more info is needed let me know!!!

Relevancy 51.6%

think i accidentally turned off wireless card..dell inspiron 1520/ Windows XP...message i get is press FN + F2..but that does nothing...i was traveling yesterday..with the computer working in an airport think i accidentally turned off but have no idea how to enable. Please help..i work from home on this machine and it's pretty critical i get help soon.
thanks so much

A:Solved: Wireless is turned off.. cannot enable wireless networking

Hi Jadewoman

On the left hand side of this laptop there is a wireless switch. This will turn it back on!

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1520/en/index.htm

See page 27 of the owner's manual including a picture of the switch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-is-turned-off-cannot-enable-wireless-networking.916361/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm running a Toshiba Satellite L300 with Windows Vista Home Premium x64 and a T6400 processor. I haven't had any connection problems untill now. The problem I'm having now is Windows cannot find any wireless networks. I can connect through a Ethernet cable but not wirelessly. Another thing that bothers me is that I can't enable the network connection in the network connections folder. I don't know why this is happening suddenly as I haven't made any changes involving my network settings at all. I've looked it up on the internet but couldn't find anything that would help me. One solution that looked promising was: no wireless networks were found in range error

That didn't work though because my "event log" service was already set to Automatic so my case must be different. All help is appreciated and thanks a lot.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/238201-cannot-find-wireless-networks-cannot-enable-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 50.74%

is it possible? I just bought this item on ebay:
Micra Digital Belkin Wireless G 54Mbps USB LAN Adapter
will this allow me to wireless enable my computer?

A:If i want to wireless enable a computer without a wireless card...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/if-i-want-to-wireless-enable-a-computer-without-a-wireless-card.781005/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an hp pavillion laptop running windows xp sp 3. I tried to push the wireless button between the keyboard and screen and it doesn't light up. When I right click on the sys tray I can't click enable. As a matter of fact right now I'm typing this on my iPod touch and it's a pain. When I first got the laptop I disabled the wireless and now that I need it I can't get it to work.

I appriciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Lee

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I m trying to configure my Win Pro machine to wake from sleep when I attempt to connect through RDP from my work machine My home computer is connected through a Belkin N USB Wireless adapter can Can't Wireless WOL! enable t physically connect to router through ethernet due to house layout When I go to the adapter s power settings the Advanced tab doesn t have any of the WOL settings available and Can't enable Wireless WOL! the Power Management tab has the quot Allow this device to wake the computer quot option greyed out see attached screenshots In my bios I have S amp S sleep enabled and everything I can find that could be related with WOL enabled Wake from Modem Wake from Ring etc although I see nothing referring to Wake on Lan or WOL specifically mentioned The machine wakes from sleep using a keyboard perfectly so no problems there When I go to the ethernet adapter s settings all of the WOL options are available and enabled but I need this to work for my WiFi since the machine isn t physically connected I just want to save some energy costs since I m currently leaving my machine one so I can remote in when need be from work I have the newest BIOS Firmware newest wireless adapter drivers Windows compatible and all Windows Updates installed I ve also added the EnableWoWLAN key to the registry but to no avail I know the older Belkin router supports WMM so I can t imagine why the newer Belkin adapter wouldn t This has got me stumped any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Can't enable Wireless WOL!

Wireless WOL doesn't work for the current generation of wireless adapters and drivers. There is a new standard in the works that will allow it, and new Intel chipsets will work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake-on-LAN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-enable-wireless-wol.931477/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, new to the forum. I need some help. I have an HP G60 running Vista. One day I just couldnt enable my wireless. I tried everything and finally resorted to calling Tech Service. They walked me through a bunch of stuff and then said it was my wireless card. They sent me a brand new one but it still won't enable the wireless. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 48.16%

i am not able to switch on my wireless on my laptop....i have a hp pavillion dv6 - 1131ea which contains touchpad controls for the wireless and dvd controls (which have stopped working)

i have also tried fn + f2 to see if this will enable it an so far it hasn't.....

any ideas what i can do or how it can be fixed?

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I'm trying to configure my Win Pro machine to wake from sleep when I attempt to connect through RDP from my work machine My home computer is connected through a Belkin N USB Wireless adapter can't Wireless enable WOL! Can't physically connect to router through ethernet due to house layout When I go to the adapter's power settings the Can't enable Wireless WOL! Advanced tab doesn't have any of the WOL settings available and the Power Management tab has the quot Allow this device to wake the computer quot option greyed out see attached screenshots In my bios I have S amp S sleep enabled and everything I can find that could be related with WOL enabled Wake from Modem Wake from Ring etc although I see nothing referring to Wake on Lan or WOL specifically mentioned The machine wakes from sleep using a keyboard perfectly so no problems there When I go to the ethernet adapter's settings all of the WOL options are available and enabled but I need this to work for my WiFi since the machine isn't physically connected I just want to save some energy costs since I'm currently leaving my machine one so I can remote in when need be from work I have the newest BIOS Firmware newest wireless adapter drivers Win compatible and all Windows Updates installed This has got me stumped any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Can't enable Wireless WOL!

That Ralink RT61 USB device is bus powered. When the computer turns the device off to save power it can't "hear" the wakeup call nor could it tell Windows to power it up if it could "hear" it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/93220-cant-enable-wireless-wol.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Yesterday, all was fine but this morning my HP TX1000 Laptop wouldn't auto connect to my wireless router (1 metre away). I remembered that on the bootup Wireless Assistant turned on Bluetooth but not Wireless. In the Network and Sharing Centre, "Manage Wireless Networks" isn't showing so I can't turn it on. In what may be a related issue, I can't get into Services - Vista says that either I don't have permission (I'm logged on as Administrator) or it can't find Windows/System32/Services.msc (which I can't see). I've done the obligiatory re-start and I've connected via cat5 but I need to resolve this - can anyone help?

A:Can't enable wireless

i have the same problem.. with you lindsay.. even i re-install the driver of my wireless connection it wont work... i do many many way but it doesnt work.. i cant enable the wifi in network sharing...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/203136-cant-enable-wireless.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I have a Zepto (company went bankrupt) computer with a Vista peremium 64-bit os. For about 2 months ago i reinstalled the computer but it was yesterday i needed my wlan card for first time. I can use my wlan but i can use wired internet. I have tried both old and new drivers. I got the computer wlan switch on but i still can't enable wlan under Network connections. Everything under the device manager is installed and working correct. When i enbale My wireless network it does not change. It is still disabled. When i try to enable it true my Ralink (wlan card distributor) software it just say "Switch radio state fail". I'm completely out of ideas now. Help will be appreciated.

A:Can't enable wireless network

Originally Posted by Labello

Hi,

I have a Zepto (company went bankrupt) computer with a Vista peremium 64-bit os. For about 2 months ago i reinstalled the computer but it was yesterday i needed my wlan card for first time. I can use my wlan but i can use wired internet. I have tried both old and new drivers. I got the computer wlan switch on but i still can't enable wlan under Network connections. Everything under the device manager is installed and working correct. When i enbale My wireless network it does not change. It is still disabled. When i try to enable it true my Ralink (wlan card distributor) software it just say "Switch radio state fail". I'm completely out of ideas now. Help will be appreciated.

Hi, a few pieces of advice for you.

Make sure your drivers are up to date (even thought the company's gone bust it may use generic drivers)

Try enabling the wireless card then restarting your PC.

Make sure your PC is up to date (Especially make sure you have SP2 installed)

See if there are any options to do with your Wireless card in the BIOS.

Oli

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/274294-cant-enable-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all,

normally I would not bother you with such a silly question but I just can?t solve the issue.
I run W7 ultimate 64bit on a brand new customized machine. Not an upgrade but a clean Installation
The problem I have is the following:
I upgraded to wireless with D-Link DWA552. I have a Linksys router WRT54G.
Installation and driver upgrade went fine. PCI card is correct in device manager en enabled.
The issue I have is that I cannot enable the wireless adapter.
Ok next step: got another card. Linksys, the a Belkin, the a noname.
Always the same issue. Microsoft compatibility center says YES to 64 bit. Installation is easy as it should be but the wireless adapter stays disabled whatever I do.
I also restartet WLAN Service, I disabled/enabled the hardware.
I appreciate every Info/Tip.
btw I did countless wireless installation.
Am I missing something?
Thanks so much

A:Enable wireless adapter

I assume you have checked that you have installed the driver and it's working properly as noted from Device Manager. I also assume you have enabled the device in BIOS (if applicable).

What machine do you have?

Just the other day i have had issue turning on bluetooth device on one of our laptops. It turns out i needed the hotkey driver. Installed it and turned on BT via Fn + F5 and all seems to come online.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/46887-enable-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 47.3%

The built in wireless card on my Gateway LT21 is disabled, which I could normaly fix, but the physical on/off wireless comunications button is literally broken off, and Gateway says, "this is not a consumer replacable part." All I need to do is turn back on wireless comunications, but I can't a way to do that inside windows. Please help asap. Thanks!

A:Enable Wireless Card

Quote: Originally Posted by eric8421

The built in wireless card on my Gateway LT21 is disabled, which I could normaly fix, but the physical on/off wireless comunications button is literally broken off, and Gateway says, "this is not a consumer replacable part." All I need to do is turn back on wireless comunications, but I can't a way to do that inside windows. Please help asap. Thanks!

Start, type "network connections" and press enter. Right click your disabled wireless connections and select "enable".

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/128905-enable-wireless-card.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I installed XP on one computer and Vista on another computer. How do I enable wireless on both these computers? Someone suggested that I install the wireless network drivers for these O/S's from the computer company (Gateway) that I bought the computers from. But, Gateway is asking that I pay for that support. How can I install the needed drivers to enable wireless on these computers without going to dumb Gateway?

A:How Do I Enable Wireless On Vista/XP?

Download them from the net...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/190500-how-do-i-enable-wireless-vista-xp.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm running Windows Ultimate -bit on a custom built PC I have a Zonet D Cannot connection wireless enable wireles card that I had used fine for almost a year For about the past two weeks my internet would suddenly drop about once a day and it would say there were no wireless connections available I would have to restart my computer and then everything would be fine Well on Friday it happened and I got fed up so I uninstalled the wireless card and reinstalled and now I can't enable the wireless connection at all in the Network Connections menu Cannot enable wireless connection It will say quot Enabling quot and then quot Enabled quot but it doesn't actually enable I run the diagnostic tool on the Network Adapter and I get the message quot There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter quot In the detailed information quot Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter quot I've tried reinstalling the driver I've downloaded the driver from the Zonet website and I've tried rolling back drivers I've tried a system restore to when it did work and I'm getting nothing Anyone have any ideas Would greatly appreciate any input and thank you in advance

A:Cannot enable wireless connection

I found a solution, and it involves temporarily bridging the wireless and lan connections (then unbridging). See Technopaideia: Frustrating but ultimately successful fix for Internet connectivity

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217696-cannot-enable-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 47.3%

A few hours ago I returned to my Dell laptop #1 to find that it had no wireless connectivity. It had wireless connectivity a couple hours earlier, as I was using it .
there is nothing wrong with my modem /router, as I am sending this on Dell #2 which is connected wirelessly.
I have had a new Windows 7 o/s installed in the past ten days or so.
Does anyone have any idea how to 'eable my wireless system'???

A:Enable wireless capabilities

ok you can click wireless, on left mouse, and "troubleshoot problem"

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/145086-enable-wireless-capabilities.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys Would really appreciate some help here as I am getting the run-around wireless not Can a - connection Enable from ISP Microsoft and Compaq I have a Windows Vista bit Home Premium Compaq Presario that I have put downstairs and am trying to connect to the internet via a Netcomm NP USB stick The Can not Enable a connection - wireless USB stick worked fine on my old computer which ran XP but it won't work on the Vista model The USB stick is compatible with my version of Vista the problem is that when I go to the network settings and it shows my wireless connection it is disabled If I click enable it goes on to say enabling enabled but it remains disabled The USB stick works on my other two computers one running XP the other running Windows And am at a total loss as to what could be preventing it from working Anyone have any ideas When I try to set up the wireless connection and it doesn't find one the diagnosis is quot RT USB wireless Lan card is experiencing driver or hardware issues quot

A:Can not Enable a connection - wireless

Hello & welcome,

I think you are being pointed in the right direction you just need to go there: -

NP545: NetComm

What antivirus & firewall are you using?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/287575-can-not-enable-connection-wireless.html
Relevancy 47.3%

So I just got a brand new laptop, a Dell Inspiron. I turned it on, started adjusting properties to suit me, and tried to connect to my internet connection. In the process I wanted to disconnect from my internet, but nstead I pressed disable. Now I can't figure out at all how to enable the thing again. I try to troubleshoot it and it tells me that the wireless adaptor is disabled, but gives me absolutely no clues on how to enable it again.

How do I do this? 5 minutes old and I already have problems...

A:Enable wireless adaptor

Hi,

Usually its a special keystroke, something like ALT+F8 - check above the laptop keys : are there special functions shown, perhaps a wireless icon?

If you are able to take a photo of the keyboard and post here we can solve it in two shakes of a lambs tail.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139552-enable-wireless-adaptor.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Product Name: hp 15-ac122tuOperating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit) What is the key for WiFi and Bluetooth? How to turn on my WiFi and Bluetooth?

A:Function Key to enable Wireless?

@Sam118? System:HP Notebook - 15-ac122tu The User Guide provides information on the keys - see Page 13 There is no "bluetooth" key.The "Airplane" / Wireless only connects you if you have set up Wireless on your computer See:Connecting to a Network > Chapter 3, Page 18  When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Function-Key-to-enable-Wireless/td-p/5693079
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently bought a TP-Link wn353gd wireless adapter. Win7 recognizes it automatically as a realtek 8185 extensible wireless device. However, after the installation completed, I found out that the wireless device appears as "disabled". I clicked "enable" a prompt appeared saying that it was enabling the device, then finish... and the wireless adapter was still disabled.

I tried downloading the win7 drivers from the realtek site, using the vista drivers from the TP-Link cd... nothing. The wireless card is there, I just can't get it to enable.

I did notice that both connection utilities (realtek's and TP-Link's) showed the wireless adapter as disabled, and kept flashing constantly, as if they were being updated.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

A:Can't enable wireless adapter

hi and welcome..

try this driver Download
and also post your result.

cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/82538-cant-enable-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My HP 8510w has been no wireless adapters available and it looks like caused by INTEL site driver updating, which is not covered by HP driver site.

However, after all drivers re-installed with HP recommended ones, the problem is still there. Both HP Wireless Assistant and Wireless Confirguration Utility are no function.

A:How to Enable Wireless Adapter

HP Compaq 8510w Mobile Workstation

It looks like there are 2 wireless drivers available, a broadcom and an Intel driver. Did you try both? or do you know for sure what wireless card you have? You can try goin to the device manager and try updating the wireless driver from there also. Otherwise if you have any system restore points made, you may want to do a system restore and see if that will bring the correct driver back.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/281265-how-enable-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am currently running a HP Pavilion Laptop with Windows Professional nbsp On a few occasions in the past the wireless adapter in the unit stopped working nbsp I How wireless to enable adapter don't recall what I did to get it working again then however at How to enable wireless adapter this time I How to enable wireless adapter cannot get it to enable although I followed all the steps for changing adapter settings on the Network and Sharing Center nbsp When I select Connect it simply shows that it is not connected nbsp Nothing I tried seemed to help nbsp I have a Belkin Wi-Fi unit which is working and my laptop works as long as I have an Ethernet cable connected nbsp However if I disconnect the cable the laptop will not connect via the wireless adapter nbsp In the past it would always remain connected to the Wi-Fi even if I disconnected the cable nbsp PLEASE give me any thoughts you might have to troubleshoot this nbsp Thanks in advance for your effort and help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/How-to-enable-wireless-adapter/td-p/5689696
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Dell Inspiron 5010M and a Linksy router that I am unable to enable wireless. EasyLink iis all set up and working with a wired conection. But when I go to enable wireless, first part of it is good, it asks me to chose my DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card. I do then select the card and it takes a min or two then it will tell me that my wireless radio is not enabled. I have tryed to turn the radio on from the keyboard, still a no go, and on an older dell I had the same kind of thing go on and I had to go into the settings some where and turn the radio on. The older Dell had Windows XP and this computer is Windows 7, way different, or I'm just more familiar with XP. Can any one help me with this problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksy-wireless-enable.1046086/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a linksys WUSB54G v3 adapter that I am trying to install on a machine with server 2008. When I first put it in, it found a driver and installed it. It showed up in network connections, but it was disabled. When I enabled it, nothing happened. I thought maybe it was a problem with the driver windows had picked, so I downloaded the latest official driver from linksys. I uninstalled the one windows had used and followed the linksys installer which errored when it tried to detect the device. Server 2008 is based on the same underlying structure as Vista, and I'm just experimenting so don't worry why I'm connecting a server over wireless. Any ideas on how I can get this thing working?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-wireless-adapter-wont-enable.887727/
Relevancy 47.3%

THIS HAS BEEN SOLVED AS I GOT A NEW ADAPTER

Hello everyone .

First thing.
I have integrated LAN in my PC which I dont use so I disabled it in BIOS.
Than I installed the driver for my Belkin F5D7050.
I go into the Adapter Settings and than it comes up with my adapter disabled so I click on Enable and than the box pops up and says Enabling than Enabled but still its Disabled as its gray. Sometimes the box freezes when Enabling. And yes I have clicked Refresh after I tried to enable.

Anyone got clues, there was no problems when I was connecting with Vista.

Thanks Guys

A:Cannot Enable Wireless Adapter

Hello Sagotua and welcome to the SevenForums. You might want to check this thread out.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/27323-cannot-enable-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey,

I accidently disabled my USB adapter, and now I don't know how to enable it back. So somebody please help me with that
I use NETOPIA TER/GUSB2-N RT2571/RT73 USB WIRELESS G CARD.

A:Can't enable USB Wireless Adapter

I found a solution, and it involves temporarily bridging the wireless and lan connections (then unbridging). See Technopaideia: Frustrating but ultimately successful fix for Internet connectivity

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/248101-cant-enable-usb-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello- since moving to a new enable. adapter not Wireless will location I've been having problems with my internet connection and have ran several test Yesterday I went to a wired connection instead of wireless and then decided to go back to wired Since my wireless connection is through a linksys WUSB N and it has known problems with skipping when playing games like World of Warcraft I turned off WLAN and had disabled my wireless adapter then installed another program to run the connection Which I had done previously though the last time I didn't turn off WLAN or disable Wireless adapter will not enable. my adapter Then I went to enable the adapater and it wouldn't enable I also turned back on WLAN and restarted It still won't work At this point nothing I do will enable my wireless adapater It shows it is enabling but then it just keeps saying disabled Any suggestions would be great The light on the WUSB N doesn't even turn on when I plug it in now and it just worked less then hours ago

A:Wireless adapter will not enable.

I am having the EXACT same problem... has anyone found anything out about this one yet? Not many things baffle me, but this one has my hair coming out by the fistfuls...

Thanks much,

Jim

Originally Posted by grumpgrump

<SNIP>...I went to enable the adapater and it wouldn't enable.

I also turned back on WLAN and restarted. It still won't work. At this point nothing I do will enable my wireless adapater. It shows it is enabling but then it just keeps saying disabled. Any suggestions would be great.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/221164-wireless-adapter-will-not-enable.html
Relevancy 47.3%

st Post Moved new can't enable wireless adapter to new house Cable modem is far from desktop no cable outlet in office have to connect wirelessly Bought wireless adapter Asus PCE-N Installed drivers and card All is well BUT computer doesn't see any networks Tried vista's Diagnose Why Can't Find Any Networks and says quot the network adapter ASUS pce-n wireless lan card is experiencing driver or hardware related issues quot On Device manager the card is enabled and working properly BUT on Control Panel gt Network Connections the wireless connection is Disabled When I try can't enable new wireless adapter to enable it it doesn't goes through the motions but in the end it still shows Disabled I re-installed the driver rebooted the machine removed and re-inserted the card more than once same results This is the nd card that I try the st was a Rosewill so I don't think it's the card itself Is something wrong in my settings Or is it the motherboard Or something else Please Help P S the LEDs on the back of the card are both off

A:can't enable new wireless adapter

Go to Device manager and uninstall the device. Reboot.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/299389-cant-enable-new-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I use Lenovo Ideapad Z470
Can you guys show me the way to enable wireless at BIOS?

A:How can I enable wireless at BIOS

Ngoctraiden9x, welcome to the windows 7 forum.

The bios is where the hardware is turned on/off/configured in most cases. For your computer to use the wireless, you have to have the hardware drivers installed and the software to control the wireless adapter.

Normally, when you turn your machine on the bios recognizes your hardware devices and then as your Operating system loads, it load all the drivers for your devices and at that time your wireless would become active.

Is this what you meant when you said enable wireless at bios?

Some bios screens will allow you to turn on and off devices. If this is what you mean, then by entering bios, go thru the screens and look for the wireless. Some machines have a physical wireless switch or a function key toggle.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/280649-how-can-i-enable-wireless-bios.html
Relevancy 47.3%

yeh as i stated above, my computor is telling me to enable it through windows device manager but there is no option for enabling it?? anyone got any ideas??????

Relevancy 46.87%

I recently purchased a new computer with windows vista bit on it Recently my trial version of microsoft office expired so I installed my old copy of office Upon rebooting i found several icons on my desktop missing and found that Directconsole was no longer booting up I quickly rolled back to the previous days backup and found that although directconsole was saying it was functional I could no longer enable my wireless device I have an ASUSTeK ASUS Notebook G VT series Intel core duo CPU P ghz Ghz gb of ram bit windows vista SP WIFI AGN wireless card The device is shown as enabled and working under the device manager though directconsole beleives it to be disabled When i attempt to wireless Enable device my Unable to enable my wireless device via the little switch on the front the message given to my by Directconsole is that both ways on and off are disabled This is a fairly frustrating problem and any help would be Unable to Enable my wireless device appreciated nbsp

A:Unable to Enable my wireless device

Is this an added wireless card or is it a built-in wireless card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-enable-my-wireless-device.804079/
Relevancy 46.87%

Have been trying to install a high gain USB wireless long range wireless network adapter to my laptop. Initially tried a Alfa AWUS036h, software installed ok, but it never detected any networks and in Network Connections it was showing disabled. Any attempt to enable started well, showed enabling but the icon stayed at disabled. I presumed it was a problem with the device so returned it on Amazon and purchased a RT73 USB Wireless LAN Card but it has the same issue. Tried the device on a XP laptop and installed and operated brilliantly. Both devices stated on the packaging that they were Windows 7 compatible. Have checked that I have the latest driver from the manufacturer. Any suggestions???

A:RT73 USB Wireless LAN Card will not enable.

Welcome to SF,

Disable any Security or Firewall Software for now.

Uninstall/reinstall the drivers from Safe Mode.

Verify that all your Network Services are Started from Control Panel.
Click on start and type services.msc press enter.
• COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
• Computer Browser
• DHCP Client
• DNS Client
• Network Connections
• Network Location Awareness
• Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
• Server
• TCP/IP Netbios helper
• WLAN AutoConfig
• Workstation

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190107-rt73-usb-wireless-lan-card-will-not-enable.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Let me preface this by network enable wireless won't connection saying I know next wireless network connection won't enable to nothing about computers so please provide detailed advice if you choose to advise I have a Dell wireless network connection won't enable Inspiron E running with Windows XP and a Linksys wireless network connection won't enable Wireless-G broadband wireless router WRT G The wireless was working fine yesterday Tonight when I turned it on I couldn t get an internet connection The modem is ok because I have a connection with an ethernet wire When I go into the Network Connections window I see that Wireless Network Connection is Disabled Don t understand that I didn t disable it I right click on it and press Enable but all I get is a quot Wireless Network Connection quot window that says quot Enabling quot and then quot Connection Failed quot I ran the trouble shooter but the suggestions either didn t apply my hardware is ok with this machine because it has run on it before or were so involved I was afraid to attempt them and cause a bigger problem Disabling and changing settings makes me nervous Any ideas about what I can do to enable this wireless network connection I looked up some old posts on this and tried to follow them but I didn t get the prompts mentioned under Wireless Network Connection Properties For example when I clicked I don t understand why this has happened all of the sudden Although I have Norton running and just ran a full scan I suspect I have a virus because things have been sluggish the last couple of days and the sound started getting wonky nbsp

A:wireless network connection won't enable

The modem is ok because I have a connection with an ethernet wire.Click to expand...

was this just to test, or do you always have an ethernet connection - if so please describe exactly how everything is connected

Dell Inspiron E1405 - have you turned OFF the wireless - there is often a physical switch or a combination of keys - like FN+F2 that switches the wireless on/off

would you post back the following
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left

hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back

the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open

the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to

suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button

to upload it here

{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program

across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed

for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you

click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also

post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open

the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to

suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button

to upload it here.

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results

into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and

post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-wont-enable.951772/
Relevancy 46.87%

The computer device manager shows that with the wireless network card is okay, and drivers and everything ok, but the network settings show that the wireless network card is disabled. Network card can not be enabled. I tried with several wireless network cards, nothing changes. The problem arose after the computer's motherboard replacement. Everything is working as before, except for a wireless network card. Where would be a problem in Windows 7?? The network card is a PCI Edimax EW-7128G. Maybe someone knows how to solve this problem?? Thank you.

A:Can not enable wireless network card!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by mariaci

The computer device manager shows that with the wireless network card is okay, and drivers and everything ok, but the network settings show that the wireless network card is disabled. Network card can not be enabled. I tried with several wireless network cards, nothing changes. The problem arose after the computer's motherboard replacement. Everything is working as before, except for a wireless network card. Where would be a problem in Windows 7?? The network card is a PCI Edimax EW-7128G. Maybe someone knows how to solve this problem?? Thank you.

Laptops have hot key combo's to enable the wifi. Does yours? and if so have you tried it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/61112-can-not-enable-wireless-network-card.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I bought a NetGear N Wifi Dual Band USB Adapter in order for my desktop to connect to our router wirelessly My desktop is NOT will 7) Network (Win enable Wireless Connection a Win Home Premium My initial problem started when the adapter would not install correctly from the CD-ROM I followed the instructions very carefully I kept getting error messages that the adapter could not be found However I was able to pull the driver from the CD and was told it installed successfully Here s my main problem Under Network and Sharing Center gt Change Adapter Settings the Wireless Network Connection remains Disabled or greyed out Anytime I try to enable it Windows will saying quot Enabling Enabled quot but it STILL remains Disabled Does anyone have any recommendations on getting this fixed Here s what I ve done below -After the first unsuccessful install I uninstalled NETGEAR and all its related pieces Wireless Network Connection will NOT enable (Win 7) uninstalled my Wireless Network Connection will NOT enable (Win 7) antivirus AVG turned off Windows FW rebooted and attempted another clean NETGEAR installation No success and received the same console error message that the adapter could not be found -I also uninstalled third-party programs and turned off unnecessary services in the background Still no success -Tried installing on different USB ports Again no success -Even had a live chat session with NETGEAR support but ended up being told that they exhausted all their support measures and recommended I return the product and get a new one But this is the third DIFFERENT adapter I ve tried and all of them installed just fine on my laptop Also here s some addt l background info that may help diagnose this issue -I have no other AV running in the background -If I run the Windows Network Diagnostics tool I receive this message quot There might Wireless Network Connection will NOT enable (Win 7) be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter quot -However under Device Manager the adapter is displayed as working properly When I try to disable enable the adapter the screen freezes and remains that way until I physically unplug the adapter from the USB port -Under Computer Services the WLAN AutoConfig is set to quot Started quot I have stopped and restarted this service -Under Command Prompt and IPCONFIG ALL the wireless connection adapter is not shown Can anyone help I have tried all of the recommendations from Google other than complete reinstallation of Windows but the last few hours have always brought me back to square one Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Ok im wracking my brain!

i have just updated my OS to windows 7 after years of XP. Since updating, a few of my hardware devices needed to be updated aswell. One in particular was my wireless card.

So i went online and purchased a Ralink 802.11b/g/n, installed software and drivers, good to go right? wrong! the bloody thing wont enable.

I have tried everything, aswell as contacting the manufacturer. They have offered me a refund, but i dont want to give in that easy.

when i right click on the the network, it says "enabaling...enabled" then it stays disabled and shaded.

Anybody had a similar issue to this, and or has some ideas?

i have posted some pics to help
. .

thanks in advance
Gassyp

A:wireless lan card wont enable

Run Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor --> http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/win...e-advisor.aspx

Is BIOS updated?

Chipset drivers?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-lan-card-wont-enable-475184.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello, wireless network has been disabled on my laptop. It is a HP Compaq 6720s with Windows Vista Basic. It is not the wireless switch. I have tried everything in device manager & other help i could find online but nothing is working!

A:how to enable wireless network on vista?

Hello nickig105 and welcome to the forums

Can you do the following for me please:

CKScanner

Please download CKScanner from here to your Desktop.

Make sure that CKScanner.exe is on the your Desktop before running the application!

Double-click on CKScanner.exe and click Search For Files.
After a very short time, when the cursor hourglass disappears, click Save List To File.
A message box will verify the file saved
Attach the log CKFiles.txt that has been created on your desktop with your next post

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Download and install MBAM from here
Run a full scan and attach the log with your next post for me to analyse

OTL

Download OTL to your desktop.
Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed to let it run uninterrupted.
When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.
Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.
Once OTL has completed its first scan it will save notepad copies of the scans in the folder that OTL was started from. Unless set to produce an Extras log it will only produce OTL.txt in subsequent scans.

A copy of an OTL fix log is saved in a text file at

:\_OTL\MovedFiles
in most cases this will be C:\_OTL\MovedFiles

Please attach both OTL.txt and Extras.txt with your next post for me to analyse

SFC Scan

1. Open the start menu
2. In the search box, type cmd
3. Right click on cmd and select Run as administrator
4. In command prompt, type:

sfc /scannow

5. Let it run and let me know if it finds any Integrity Violations
Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/290991-how-enable-wireless-network-vista.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello everyone I'm running into a problem with an uncle's custom desktop where the wireless network is refusing to enable even after enabling the connection Here is a enable to network refuses Wireless brief history Buy and install a Belkin wireless USB adapter Wireless networks is enabled but not Wireless network refuses to enable picking up any SSID Insure WLAN auto-config is enabled and no rd party wireless managers are installed My Uncle returns the Belkin and gets a Linksys by Cisco USB wireless adapter Wireless network connection is disabled Attempted to run the installation utility for the USB adapter however it errors out stating the windows wireless manager isn't managing the wireless network I went into services msc disabled WLAN auto-config and re-enabled with the same issue I thought something with Belkin may have hi-jacked the wireless management so I ran revo-uninstaller against the Belkin to remove the application and any related registry keys Unfortunately the issue persists Even after telling him that it isn't an issue with with the USB adapters he returned it for a NETGEAR PCI adapter Again same issue wireless networks show disabled enabling the connection says it is successful but the connection never enabled One thing I didn't mention is that the devices are seen in device manager so its not an issue with the devices not being detected I'm currently doing a System restore taking a little while to make sure there was nothing missed between the Belkin where Wireless network connection was enabled I'll of course be updating with my results when it is done I know this has to be something stupid that is causing it When isn't it something stupid The only thing that I can conclude at this time is either the bit OS running on bit capable equipment or something is really screwed with the OS luckily my uncle is willing to format and reinstall if all else fails Any suggestions is much appreciated been banging my head against the wall on this one for a week now Thanks in advanced Glitched

A:Wireless network refuses to enable

Just to clarify something because I don't see it above, was the belkin material ever correctly removed before starting with the new linksys software installation?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/153619-wireless-network-refuses-enable.html
Relevancy 46.87%

First off hello I finally joined the forum after using it a lot to fix problems Cannot adapter wireless enable (desktop) I cannot find a solution to this issue I have an HP ENVY H - desktop My internal wireless adapter is a Ralink RT bgn When I go to the right of the screen to connect to my network it just says no networks found My laptops and other devices work fine though connecting to my network In the control panel the Wi-Fi adapter is disabled when I try to enable it it says quot Enabling quot and then quot Enabled quot but remains Disabled I also have a USB Wi-Fi adapter Belkin that I have tried and it recognizes it in the network adapters but still to the right it says no networks are found Cannot enable wireless adapter (desktop) The Wi-Fi light is lit on the front of my PC To get internet on Cannot enable wireless adapter (desktop) my desktop I am using Internet Connection Sharing with an ethernet cord from my laptop to the back Cannot enable wireless adapter (desktop) of my HP Envy desktop This works fine but I'd like to not have to do that haha I tried downloading the drivers from HP's website then uninstalling the WiFi adapter in my Device Manager checked the box to the delete the drivers too I ran the HP exe for the drivers and they installed them and I restarted as requested Still nothing I'm an IT student majoring in Network Systems Administration and I usually never get stumped ever I just solve it myself or use Google haha Properties of Wi-Fi adapter in picture Those two unchecked boxes I don't know what they mean still a sophomore going for my AS lol looked odd to me I checked the Microsoft LLDP Protocol Driver box and hit okay it didn't help If i try to enable the other one it tells me that I am actually disabling it I'm stumped Anyone have any ideas or what other info do you need Thanks for reading PS I ran a system restore to a couple days back but once it comes back to my desktop it says the restore failed I will try an even older system restore if that will work Right now I am going to boot into safe-mode with networking and see if it works to eliminate any third-party software issues Reporting back soon UPDATE Back from Safe-Mode land still nothing helped not even the Belkin USB I know it must be something small and simple or I hope

A:Cannot enable wireless adapter (desktop)

I'm not clear on this but did the current driver ever work correctly?

Is your router set up with WPA2 security with AES encryption, have you tried updating the firmware on the router?

Do you have any third party anti virus software installed on this system?

Have you tried using a different driver? This one might work for you.
Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter | HP? Support

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/15762-cannot-enable-wireless-adapter-desktop.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hi my fellow internet frds since i while ago my laptop's wireless been behaving really weird the wireless driver will suddenly disable and gone from the network list going into Device manager it says quot this Driver itself Disable Enable & Wireless driver is not installed quot or sth like that cant exactly rmb what it said and sometimes the wireless bars in the bottom will show a yellow quot quot with no connectivity with showing only the network i connected to if i repair it the driver will be gone almost have to repair like X times to get it come back on or i think i came back on itself or sometimes just no network quot no connections are available quot st thought was virus but did full scan no virus just did a Full Format and reinstall window and st thing i've installed the wireless driver still happaning im starting to Wireless Driver Enable & Disable itself guess is hardware problem did kinda drop my laptop a while back maybe something is loose inside which causing this HELP really really pissing me off gonna buy a mac ps quot Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code To fix this problem reconnect this hardware device to the computer quot

A:Wireless Driver Enable & Disable itself

Hi.

This is the website of your laptop,

Sony eSupport - VGN-Z555DN - Support
Scroll down to the WIRELESS LAN ,is the last one in the list,there find download and install the Intel? Wireless Driver Update to "fix" any compatibility issues with Windows 7.
Then if needed install\update the wireless driver from that list.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/215492-wireless-driver-enable-disable-itself.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm a novice to this wireless networking. I finally am using my wireless network to two XP desktops and a laptop VISTA. They are working fine but I have been around the 'net trying to figure out how to get some security. I can see my neighbors' wireless networks so I know mine could be accessed easily. I found the network properties on my VISTA and tried changing them to a WPA-personal but I get an error saying these settings are not correct. I installed the router on my XP first but I cannot find the network connection in my network places and I have no idea how to access the router to change security settings. So just how do I get this network 'password protected' with this community of computers? In case it matters, only the laptop VISTA is actually a wireless connection.

Relevancy 46.87%

Dell XPS16

How do I enable Windows Wireless Service in order to connect to my wireless router.
The connection is fine using a cable.
I have a button like an aerial mast and it shows that the it's not on.
When I tap it to turn it on, it wont stay on!
Troubleshoot tells me that Windows Wireless Service is not running.
Any ideas please.

A:How to Enable Windows Wireless Service

Quote: Originally Posted by Harrismith

Dell XPS16

How do I enable Windows Wireless Service in order to connect to my wireless router.
The connection is fine using a cable.
I have a button like an aerial mast and it shows that the it's not on.
When I tap it to turn it on, it wont stay on!
Troubleshoot tells me that Windows Wireless Service is not running.
Any ideas please.

This button that turns it on - what does the button turn on?

I assume you have a wireless adapter installed in your computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/71993-how-enable-windows-wireless-service.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Can not enable wireless lan. On HP lap top with wndows 7 (64-bit) Connection light stays orange.
will not change to blue. When trying to get on the internet. Error 651 comes up.
Any suggestions? Thanks for your support. Ican not get on the internet.

woolf39

Relevancy 46.87%

when i turn on my compaq presario the wireless netowrk indicator is blue, but when i "wiew all connections" it says that it is diabled. when i try to enable it, i get the blue screen. I'm a beginner so i don't know a lot of technical jargon.
thanks

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I am having this problem, the wireless radio enable button is grey out, device is recognise in device manager as well as in the Intel Proset application but somehow the Radio enable button is grey out and I have try the H/W switch ON and OFF many times it don't seen to help, it was working just before i did a system repair when windows crashed. Any help will be greatly appcreciated.

A:Wireless Radio Disable and I cannot enable

The notebook is a ACER TravelMate 290 i just found out the hardware radio switch is faulty. Anyone know if I can short the thing to get it turn on? without replacing the switch?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-radio-disable-and-i-cannot-enable.771778/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello! I just installed a fresh Windows 7 Professional on my computer and now the wireless capabilties are disabled. I have a wireless button that is located above the keyboard to the right that is illuminated orange. I have pressed this several times and nothing is happening. Please help and thank you in advance!!

A:HP EliteBook 840 Enable Wireless Capabilities! PLEASE HELP!!...

@GrandJunction? 840 G1, G2  or  G3??? REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-EliteBook-840-Enable-Wireless-Capabilities-PLEASE-HELP/td-p/5604652
Relevancy 46.87%

IBM ThinkPad R51 Type 2883 -- Is there a way to enable/disable the wireless adapter? This built-in wireless adapter will not light up and I can't find anything on it.

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 running Win 8.1 Today I booted up and no wireless connections.  Clicking the wireless icon gives the message "No connections are Available:. I have turned the wireless radio off and on, rebooted a few times, and checked in the Device Manger.  It shows that the wireless adpter is working properly. I opened the Network and Sharing Center and clicked the change adapter settings.  It shows that the wireless adapter is disabled.  I clicked the enable button, but it does not change from disabled. Any suggestions GREATLY appreciated. Brian

A:How to enable Broadcom 802.11 ac wireless adpter

I rolled back the driver version and that seems to have solved the problem.  Not sure how this happened.  I didn't make any changes to the laptop.  The only odd thing going one was the wireless router at my home office was setting and resetting.  I had been at a client office earlier and it was working fine.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/How-to-enable-Broadcom-802-11-ac-wireless-adpter/td-p/3345153
Relevancy 46.87%
A:Solved: Cannot Enable Wireless Networking

The thread was closed because the poster did not supply the information needed for a solution.
Please post the information that etaf requested. None of the information will compormise your privacy. Your Internet IP Address is not shown. I will post my info and try to explain why it is needed.

ISP - InsightBB (cable)
Modem - Arris TM602G/113
Router - Belkin FSD7234-4-BC
Computer - Dell OptiPlex 170L S/N - FVVSM81
Wireless Adapter - Belkin Basic N150 P/N - F7D1101
Identified my ISP, modem, router, computer, and adapter.
IPCONFIG /ALL - Shows if your adapter is connecting properly to the router. The IP addresses are defaults for a Belkin router connected to an InsightBB modem.. My Internet IP address is not shown. The Ethernet Local Connection has no information because this desktop has never been connected by wire. If I had wireless problems and used an ethernet connection the info would indicate what my wireless IP's should be.
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DonniesOld
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : Belkin

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 5:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-12-3F-A5-74-03

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 3:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Belkin
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Belkin Basic Wireless USB Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 94-44-52-A2-59-A7
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.3
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::9644:52ff:fea2:59a7%6
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
fec0:0:0:ffff::1%2
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%2
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%2
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Friday, October 28, 2011 5:21:03 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, January 18, 2038 11:14:07 PM
Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-FB-EA-B5-7E-DF-F8
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:5ef5:79fb:0:fbea:b57e:dff8
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::ffff:ffff:fffd%5
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Belkin
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : C0-A8-02-03
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::5efe:192.168.2.3%2
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%2
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%2
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%2
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>
Screenshot of Device Manager, Network Adapters expanded - Shows the device names and if they are working properly.

Screenshot of Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector - I have it set to Show All. Shows if the adapter is working and how well. The Network list shows all other visible networks I have mine set for channel 3. Besides the one showing on channel 6, there are two others that sometimes show. one on channel 6 and one on channel 10

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-enable-wireless-networking.1024379/
Relevancy 46.87%

HI I use Mobile Wireless for my internet connection to my desktop Mobile wireless Enable Disable I use the Three Huawei E which although a wireless device i connect to Mobile wireless Disable Enable the desktop using the provided usb lead I am running Vista The internet stops working all the time although the device itself on its screen or via the web interface still indicates that i have a good signal strength and that i m still connected I have discovered that if i START SETTINGS NETWORK CONNECTIONS i can see the device listed If i right click on the device i can see that the device is enabled If I Disable the device and then Enable the device i can surf again for a couple of minutes before having to repeat the process Any ideas why this is happening and why what i do solves the problem for a bit And crucially how to fix it I am sure the issue is with the desktop as i have reverted to using the wifes v old laptop running XP and i can surf without complication on this machine Can also connect ipod touch to internet with no issues nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobile-wireless-disable-enable.994755/
Relevancy 46.87%

Ok im wracking my brain!

i have just updated my OS to windows 7 after years of XP. Since updating, a few of my hardware devices needed to be updated aswell. One in particular was my wireless card.

So i went online and purchased a Ralink 802.11b/g/n, installed software and drivers, good to go right? wrong! the bloody thing wont enable.

I have tried everything, aswell as contacting the manufacturer. They have offered me a refund, but i dont want to give in that easy.

when i right click on the the network, it says "enabaling...enabled" then it stays disabled and shaded.

Anybody had a similar issue to this, and or has some ideas?

i have posted some pics to help

thanks in advance
Gassyp

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Dell Inspiron 8500 Laptop with the Dell Truemobile 1300 WLan mini PCI Card
I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the Driver from the Dell website. I have install Network Stumbler and it keeps saying "No Aps Active. I Have MZC and Dellwirless turned off so that they will not conflict with NS. I have tried the FN + F2 keys and neither worked the FN and other keys work just fine. I have just completed a fresh install of Windows XP Pro as the old OS got corrupted. I would appreciate and other Ideas on this matter as I am starting to get frustrated! Thanks

Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys, I need some help here before I throw my computer out the window

Trying to get my wireless adapter enabled on my PC, its a laptop on the side of the laptop there is a slide button to enable/disable the wifi, well when i slide it to enable, it wont turn on.

before i fixed this by disabling/enabling the adapter in the manage devices on my pc.

well now that doesnt fix the issue, windows says its enabling it but its not picking up any signal, and it was before, when i goto control panel> adjust commonly used mobility settings it says wireless off

help! gharrrr, thanks.

A:Wireless adapter wont enable

Quote: Originally Posted by amw86

Hey guys, I need some help here before I throw my computer out the window

Trying to get my wireless adapter enabled on my PC, its a laptop on the side of the laptop there is a slide button to enable/disable the wifi, well when i slide it to enable, it wont turn on.

before i fixed this by disabling/enabling the adapter in the manage devices on my pc.

well now that doesnt fix the issue, windows says its enabling it but its not picking up any signal, and it was before, when i goto control panel> adjust commonly used mobility settings it says wireless off

help! gharrrr, thanks.

the way you describe it just sounds like it isn't physically switching on, this is going to be purely controlled by the button on the side of the laptop ?

has this been happening since you got the laptop and has it ever worked ?

what make and model do you have ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/69014-wireless-adapter-wont-enable.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, Iv installed vista on my acer aspire 1522. It seems as if the drivers have been lost. All the drivers on the website seem to be for xp. can someone give me some advice.

Relevancy 46.87%

Inherited a Linksys 2.4ghz 802.11b wireless routerr and although I have added apassword, it sti ll shows security disabled when using it. And yes, I still have typing issues

A:how to enable security on a wireless router

Did you only set an administration password for the router? That is different than enabling WEP or WPA encryption on the wireless portion and creating a pass phrase or key.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-enable-security-on-a-wireless-router.1016804/
Relevancy 46.87%

I turned off wireless on my HP officejet pro 8000 and now I can't figure out how to turn it back on. Can someone help please?

A:Enable wireless on HP Officejet Pro 8000

Press and hold the Wireless button for three seconds.

If that doesn't work, you may have to reprogram it.

Users manual
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01659070.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enable-wireless-on-hp-officejet-pro-8000.1016183/
Relevancy 46.87%

I just bought TP-LINK Wireless USB Adapter Model TL-WN G and had followed all necessary procedures both manual and automatic to install the driver specifically in my Windows -Bit desktop computer but every time I installed Won't Connection Enable Network Wireless the driver it shows that in my Network Connection there is the quot Wireless Network Connection quot - Disabled However when I right click into it and try to Enable it shows that it is now Enabling then Enabled but after that my quot Wireless Network Connection quot still Disabled I had already uninstalled my AVG Internet Security and disabled Windows Firewall and Run in Safe-Mode in installing the driver but still no luck it keeps showing that my quot Wireless Network Connection quot still Disabled after trying to Enable it I really appreciate if someone can help me into this Thanks in advance OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASRock G C-VS Antivirus None nbsp

A:Wireless Network Connection Won't Enable

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\user>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Rocelo
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : smartbro.net

Ethernet adapter VPNSecureMe Connection 1:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : VPNSecure.Me TAP-Win32 #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-FF-07-4C-B2-04
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : smartbro.net
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Contro
ller (NDIS 6.20)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-25-22-99-8A-CF
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::78cc:15f1:75e9:d1f4%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.101(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 30 December, 2011 11:44:28 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 31 December, 2011 11:44:28 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234890530
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-15-55-D8-C0-00-25-22-99-8A-CF

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 121.1.3.81
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.smartbro.net:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Tunnel adapter isatap.vpnsecure:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

C:\Users\user>

Hope this information helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-wont-enable.1033640/
Relevancy 46.44%

On this laptop, we tried to connect to our router via this USB Network adapter. We went into 'Manage wireless networks' and disabled the Belkin Wireless adapter, to see what would happen if we re-enabled it. But after we disabled it, it dissapeared. We can't even set it up again. what do we do?

A:Belkin Wireless N Adapter wont enable

Hello,

USB network devices sometimes do conflicts with another USB device (mouse/keyboard).

Also, it might help to disable Hibernation Mode from your computer.

You may also set to your own SSID (Wireless Network Connection), here's how.

Please post back with an update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160111-belkin-wireless-n-adapter-wont-enable.html
Relevancy 46.44%

me and my friend have two new laptops{wireless enable} i wanna share my internet with him. can he access internet without any router and others.

A:share internet with two wireless enable laptops

not easily. if you have internet on your laptop through your ethernet cable then you can do a peer to peer setup with your friends PC and do some kind of ICS but its ugly and I really don't recommend it. Best to just use a shared wireless access point or router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/share-internet-with-two-wireless-enable-laptops.496556/
Relevancy 46.44%

I manually disabled my wireless network connection and now when I click on enable it says "connection failed"
Any help would be appreciated. i have windows xp.

A:Solved: help enable wireless connection failed

Welcome to TSG:
Ok:By disabling,do you mean going into device manager and disabling or uninstalling it ?
If disable,you might try the complete uninstall .
Then, just to re-boot the system and see if it will re-find the adapter and rebuild it.
If not,then :
Two things we would like to see :
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

And:
Let&#8217;s take a look at the status of the network adapters

Device manager:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?
4. should be enabled and working properly.
5. If error code,what is it ?

It would be best if you could post a screen shot of Device Manager with the Network adapters and Other devices sections expanded.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-enable-wireless-connection-failed.987913/
Relevancy 46.44%

Even the official website says yes, i still can't enable the Wake on wireless LAN fetures with updated driver, why?
as the picture shows

but in this url, they says it support Wake on Wireless
Qualcomm Atheros :: Networking :: Qualcomm? XSPAN? :: AR9462

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/37320-ar9462-wireless-card-cant-enable-wowlan.html
Relevancy 46.44%

In OS X, it's very easy to turn on/off the wifi. You just click on the signal icon.

In Windows 7, I have to go to the tray, right click on the network icon, enable and disable adapter and also go through the annoying UAC popup. It's like 12 steps. Is there any shortcut or method to get it down to a couple of steps?

A:Is there a 1-click to enable/disable the wireless adapter?

Wireless Connection Workaround for Standby or Hibernation

Check this tutorial out and see if this is what you are looking for!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/99343-there-1-click-enable-disable-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So the other afternoon we had a freak power outage, my PC was on and connected to a surge protector. So once the power came back on, literally like 5 minutes later, I rebooted my PC and have had Wireless issues ever since.

My PC is custom built with a Netgear WG311V3 PCI Wireless card in it.

When I boot up, it tells me I am connectied to our wireless network, but no websites will load. I check for wireless networks but my PC tells me none are in range. I have had this issue before so I goto Network Connections and Disable Wireless Network Connection 2, my wireless card, and then when I goto Enable it I get this error:

Connection Failed.

I have no idea what to do, could the power outage have fried my wireless card?

Relevancy 46.44%

when i try to enable my wireless adapter, i get blue dump screen. how do i fix this?

A:cannot enable wireless adapter, i get blue screen

Have you tried updating the wireless driver? That seemed to fix it when I saw this on a friend's PC.

First try updating it through Windows Update. If that doesn't work, try googling the device in order to find the developer's official website so you can download the driver off of that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543898/cannot-enable-wireless-adapter-i-get-blue-screen/
Relevancy 46.44%

I cannot enable the wireless setting on my D-Link 601 router. It is grayed out along with all the other wireless settings on that setup page.

I used to be able to turn it on & off. It's usually turned off but I turned it on a few days ago to look at the various settings. I never saved any changes.

FWIW the Wireless Setup Wizard is also grayed out. I noticed it was that way a few days ago when I was done looking at the settings while using the Manual Wireless Setup, but do not recall what it looked like earlier.

Any ideas on what I might have done & how to get back access to the wireless settings?

A:Cannot enable wireless setting in D-Link router

Try resetting the router to factory default.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/319060-cannot-enable-wireless-setting-d-link-router.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have installed windows 7 on an Advent 7104 laptop and cannot now enable wireless connection using the normal Fn F2 keys

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Enable wireless on Advent 7104 windows 7

nope..... just had a problem of my own like that. guess 7 is a bit hard on the wireless drivers. you have updated all of those right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enable-wireless-on-advent-7104-windows-7.888279/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone, I am working on a friends HP laptop that suddenly lost it's ability to see any networks at all. When I try to enable it in network and sharing it stays disabled. Just to be sure it wasn't hardware related I ran a ubuntu live cd and was able to connect with no problems. I tried updating the drivers,installing and reinstalling the network card with no luck. I also tried letting windows repair it but it says there may be driver problems. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Larry

Laptop-
HP G72 Notebook
Win 7 64bit
4 gig ram

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all I'm specific LAN user/enable wireless only Disable for connection setting up a computer for public access to a local site repository There are two accounts admin account running a virtual machine as server for the local site I need access to LAN through wired ethernet in this account Disable LAN connection for specific user/enable wireless only public account the account for the users to navigate the repository I need to disable the LAN access and just enable internet access through the public wireless interface I thought I could just disable ethernet card for the public account on the Group policies but I Disable LAN connection for specific user/enable wireless only didn't find out the way to do it I've created a group policy for the public account but under quot user configuration - gt administrative templates - gt network - gt network connections quot I only see options for enable disable LAN properties settings etc and not LAN access itself --- gt Is it possible to disbable hardware for specifc users In that case I could just disable the wired card driver for public user Thanks in advance

A:Disable LAN connection for specific user/enable wireless only

Ok, I go again (trying to do my best in english!) :

-There are two interfaces in the network:
a- LAN-> access through wired connection. Only for enabled MACs on the router
b- Public access to internet -> through wireless connection. For everyone.

-I cannot use router rules (for instance blocking MAC address, time settings, etc.) as far as I need both connections enabled at the same time, any time: wired for admin account and wireless for standard user account. Both users could use the computer at any time.

-I know I can set up preferred connections, but what I actually want is to prevent any way for the standard user to get connected to the LAN.

-On Group policies I've already disabled access to network settings and IE options for the standard user.

I appreciate any help (and really need it). Thanks!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371101-disable-lan-connection-specific-user-enable-wireless-only.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am working on my neice's Satellite M35X-S149 and the Internet Connection was working, but its telling me that the wireless network interface is disabled and I can't find how to enable it.

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there

I have a pc running win 7 and a laptop running win7
I have just installed a wireless card on my PC but dont know how to enable dhcp on it and it doesnt connect to the internet

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
Sas

A:Need to enable DHCP on Belkin Wireless G desktop card

DHCP is something you need to enable on the router/modem. The computer can only be set to obtain ip via dhcp, see here.

Change TCP/IP settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/175610-need-enable-dhcp-belkin-wireless-g-desktop-card.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a Lenovo desktop with Windows The past couple weeks or so I have started having issues with the wireless internet where the signal will flash an exclamation point stating that the network is quot limited quot This may happen once every couple hours or more than once per minute If I go to the network adapter and disable it and then immediately enable it again the internet works fine Running the Troubleshooting program on the wireless results in a message saying that the default pathway was not available and that it reset my Wifi adapter I was assuming that the problem would be with the computer since resetting the desktop s adapter fixes the problem and I don t have to touch the router However I ve also noticed that both my iPad and smartphone which also bounce off that same router are having issues with wireless connectivity And for both the fix is the same as for the computer I just shut the to and Disable/Enable adapter Wireless Losing Signal Having Wifi off and switch it back on and it works afterward So then I started thinking the problem would be with the router except that the three devices do not always lose connectivity at the same time The computer loses it the most often followed by the phone and then the iPad Sometimes I have lost connectivity simultaneously on two or all of the devices at once but the most common problem is that only the computer loses it while the iPad and phone are still able to connect Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this issue Would it be possible to Losing Wireless Signal and Having to Disable/Enable adapter have a faulty router that affects some but not all of the devices using its signal And if it was the router how does resetting the Wifi on the devices themselves resolve the issue if only temporarily Thanks for any advice nbsp

A:Losing Wireless Signal and Having to Disable/Enable adapter

If I go to the network adapter and disable it and then immediately enable it again, the internet works fine.Click to expand...

how long for - until next reboot of the PC ? or for days ?
However, I've also noticed that both my iPad and smartphone, which also bounce off that same router, are having issues with wireless connectivity. And for both, the fix is the same as for the computer. I just shut the Wifi off and switch it back on, and it works afterward.Click to expand...

then its a router/modem cable ISP issue maybe

lets start by noting the lights on the router/modem
Please make a note of the status of the lights on the modem and on the router when working normally - post that light status here.
Now when the internet disconnects make a note of the status of the lights for the modem and router here again. also note which have changed.

next , lets see an xirrus screen shot from the desktop

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-ta... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-wireless-signal-and-having-to-disable-enable-adapter.1131854/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have installed Win7 on my Acer Aspire 5010. It working great exept for one tiny little thing. I'm not able to enable my wireless adapter. I have tried to install Launch Manager w 3.0.04 and it installs but I can't open LM. When I press the WiFi button it just shows the disabled icon and doesn't switch the adapter on. Is there anyone who can help me?

A:Enable wireless in Win7 on an Acer Aspire 5010

Wipe the hard drive with Killdisk and try the Windows 7 installation again. I faced the same issue just 2 days ago.

KillDisk - http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm

Make bootable KillDisk ISO CD w/ ImgBurn -
ImgBurn - http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/enable-wireless-in-win7-on-an-acer-aspire-5010-a-429660.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I Adaptor Auto Wireless Atheros Enable 5007EG have spent ages looking through posts on here and haven't been able to find exactly what Ive been looking for However as people on here clearly know exactly what they are talking about I thought Id ask for Auto Enable Atheros 5007EG Wireless Adaptor your help I have a FS Amilo Li Until this week when I started my machine it started with wifi auto enabled so I didn't have to use the hot key to search for my router I could just boot it up leave it and it would come on and connect immediately to my wireless router I then had a crash and had to manually reboot Since then this facility has stopped and I now have to wait for my machine to start then manually press the hot key for wireless to enable Not a massive problem but I would ideally like the automated process to return I have been dealing with the techguys pcworld but they seem to be struggling with it a bit Thanks in advance

A:Auto Enable Atheros 5007EG Wireless Adaptor

Have run the FS DeskUpdate,& FS SystemDiagnostic tool?

You can run these from
Downloads - Support - Fujitsu
OR
Drivers & Utilities DVD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/134534-auto-enable-atheros-5007eg-wireless-adaptor.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I wireless enable but recognizes PLEASE card XP it? READ doesn't m on a Dell Inspiron m notebook computer I reinstalled windows xp home and I downloaded a package with all the drivers for this system The wireless card is a Broadcom x integrated controller I am certain that is the card in the system and the installation of the driver was successful However the wireless network icon in the start bar does not appear In the device manager the broadcom card is listed under quot Network Adapters quot However under the quot Other Devices quot section I found a yellow question mark with an exclamation point next to the words quot Network Controller quot ---------------- The Device Instance ID for this quot Network Controller quot is PCI VEN- amp DEV- amp SUBSYS amp REV amp A amp amp F ---------------- When I go into the Command Prompt and type quot IPCONFIG ALL quot this is the XP recognizes wireless card but doesn't enable it? PLEASE READ readout Windows IP Configuration Host Name zack- bc a Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - - F-F -A - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NETGEAR RangeMax TM Wireless PC Car d XP recognizes wireless card but doesn't enable it? PLEASE READ WPN Physical Address - E- A- -A -AB Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday April AM Lease Expires Wednesday April A M I just put the NETGEAR card in the slot to connect while the integrated card isn t working ----------------------- I checked in the BIOS and it seems to me the device IS enabled and I did try pressing quot Fn F quot to enable or disable the card and nothing happened Any ideas suggestions or help you may have at all will be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp