Windows Support Forum

Wireless network sharing advanced settings window freezes!

Q: Wireless network sharing advanced settings window freezes!

Hi I m trying to set up network sharing with my Windows laptop advanced sharing settings freezes! network Wireless window and but I ve hit a wall after following guides In the sharing tab of the wireless connection properties window I can check the box to enable shared networking for my Local area connection but the guide I ve seen says I also need to go into advanced settings in the sharing tab as well to check the boxes of all needed networking protocols The only problem is that I can t get into advanced settings Every time I click the settings button in the sharing tab of my wireless connection properties a grey box saying quot please wait quot pops up and the window freezes I can never get past this please wit box and so I can t check the required boxes in advanced settings For reference here s the video guide I was watching http www youtube com watch v bALXVEDUd is where I get stuck Do you guys have any idea what could be causing this freeze and what can be done Wireless network sharing advanced settings window freezes! Also is there another way to check those boxes without going through that settings button Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wireless network sharing advanced settings window freezes!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wireless network sharing advanced settings window freezes!

Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-sharing-advanced-settings-window-freezes.1074905/
Relevancy 94.6%

I have a PC which was upgraded from Windows 8.1 (no, clean install is not an option on this machine)

So the problem is that any changes I make in the Advanced Sharing Settings in Network and Sharing Centre are getting changed but their effects are not taking place.

For example I disabled sharing of the "Users" folder, that didn't work, it still shows up.
I disabled Password Protected Sharing, that didn't work, I need to put a password each time.
Please help.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/43581-advanced-network-sharing-settings-changes-not-working.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hey guys,

I'm havin' a prob... I just got a new Sony FW373J and this is what happens when I try and see my network...
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4562/helpx.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated and I thank whoever in advance.

-Eric

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/233909-network-sharing-window-freezes-vista.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello Iv'e shared my public files folder on the home network and everything was OK One day all 'Advanced Settings' change isn't [SOLVED] working Sharing sharing and Can't file the computers lost the access to the folder When I got to the setting I saw that 'Public folder sharing' option was of I switch it back to 'On' Saving and nothing Getting back to this dialog box and sees it's still off screenshot Sometimes it's get back to 'On' byitself and still no access to [SOLVED] Can't change 'Advanced Sharing Settings' and file sharing isn't working the folder STRANGE BEHAVIOUR Once I suceeeded accessing and seeing only Videos and Music folders was shown for a moment and then lost access Iv'e checked that all the services are running and they are I'm tried to use System restore No luck Any ideas ADDITIONAL DETAILES OS Windows Network profile on thie computer quot Home network quot I'm using Norton Internet Security firewall eliminating the chance it's the problem I tried disabling it and then trying to access the folders - no luck All the computers connect through TP-LINK router this computer is wired another is wired to and the third is wireless Niether the wired and the wireless can access this computer

A:[SOLVED] Can't change 'Advanced Sharing Settings' and file sharing isn't working

anybody?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f138/solved-cant-change-advanced-sharing-settings-and-file-sharing-isnt-working-618628.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi!

I've been trying to configure my network so i can use hamachi, and one of the steps is to move hamachi top the top of the list in Advanced Settings -> Adapters and Bindings, but the thing is, there's just one item there, called (remote access connections).

I'm puzzled on what that means and how/if i can fix it

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: Can't see anything under Network Connections -> Advanced -> Advanced Settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-see-anything-under-network-connections-advanced-advanced-settings.732245/
Relevancy 79.98%

Current Setup Asrock Extreme Z mobo with built-in nbsp Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet nbsp Windows Pro Intel i - k using onboard Intel HD Graphics nbsp RAID - OCZ Vertex 's nbsp I will refer to this setup as my tower The nbsp Ethernet nbsp port works fine by itself nbsp When I use wired tethering with my Android phone Droid running on Ice Cream Sandwich it works fine when nothing is connected into the Ethernet port in the mobo nbsp The issue arises when I try to connect both simultaneously nbsp The network configuration window in windows basically freezes and I cannot really navigate it without a second delay at best nbsp I Port NDIS and Window Simultaneously Used Ethernet Connection Freezes When Are Internet Network Configuration USB Sharing would like to be able to accept the internet from my Android via a USB tether and either bridge the connection or use the internet connection sharing service to route traffic through the unused Ethernet port on the mobo either to another computer xbox or more desirably a switch router to spread to the entire Network Configuration Window Freezes When USB NDIS Internet Connection Sharing and Ethernet Port Are Used Simultaneously home network nbsp I have extensively researched the issue of Windows become slow and unresponsive when I attempt to do this and I have not found anyone with the exact problem nbsp I am able to do both the MAC bridge Network Configuration Window Freezes When USB NDIS Internet Connection Sharing and Ethernet Port Are Used Simultaneously miniport bridge connections and Internet Connection Sharing though a Windows Vista home premium Laptop I have The difference between the laptop and the tower I am try to do this on is the laptop has a WIFI and Ethernet connection while the tower only has the on-board Ethernet nbsp Do I have all the necessary equipment to accomplish this or do I need to buy a PCIe WIFI card nbsp If so could I get away with just getting a USB WIFI dongle Any help would be very appreciated nbsp

A:Network Configuration Window Freezes When USB NDIS Internet Connection Sharing and Ethernet Port Are Used Simultaneously

Hi,
In fact, the hang issue is very hard to troubleshoot. To narrow down the issue, You could try to stop two services for a test. One is Network Location Awareness, the other one is Network List. This will tell us whether you have drive compatibility issue
with the two service. This is just my assumption. Juke Chou
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5f90dbe5-22ae-48c6-a9d0-f03ac4200d97/network-configuration-window-freezes-when-usb-ndis-internet-connection-sharing-and-ethernet-port-are?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 79.55%

Running Windows 7 Home Premium, I've experienced this issue about five times in the span of two weeks.

When my wireless connection isn't found, sometimes Windows is unresponsive when clicking on the wireless icon near my system clock. It shows either the empty bars with a yellow indicator or the empty bars with a red x. When I try to click and bring up the list of available networks, nothing happens. Even right-clicking doesn't do anything.

Explorer has given an error and needed to shut down three of the five times this error has happened.

Any idea what could be causing this to happen?

Thanks!

A:Wireless Network window freezes?

Quote: Originally Posted by rwkleinjr

Running Windows 7 Home Premium, I've experienced this issue about five times in the span of two weeks.

When my wireless connection isn't found, sometimes Windows is unresponsive when clicking on the wireless icon near my system clock. It shows either the empty bars with a yellow indicator or the empty bars with a red x. When I try to click and bring up the list of available networks, nothing happens. Even right-clicking doesn't do anything.

Explorer has given an error and needed to shut down three of the five times this error has happened.

Any idea what could be causing this to happen?

Thanks!

hi and welcome

there are several things.
first if y ou are NOT using homegroup, you can disable IPv6. it is located in network and sharing.

Second next time it happens type cmd in search>type Ipconfig /flushdns, then ipconfig /renew. let us know if that helps

third
type device manager in search> go to the wifi tab. look for your wifi card, is it listed? does it have a yellow triangle on it? are there any other "unknown devices" with yellow on them?

Let us know the results
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/38556-wireless-network-window-freezes.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I go into sharing center, advanced,etc then I turn on network discovery, click save changes, and I go right back in, and it didn't save? Any ideas what could cause this or how to fix it?

A:Changes in advanced sharing settings are not saving

Are you running the Private network profile?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16961-changes-advanced-sharing-settings-not-saving.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I go into sharing center, advanced,etc then I turn on network discovery, click save changes, and I go right back in, and it didn't save?

A:Changes in advanced sharing settings are not saving

After making changes, you should log off then log on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/271796-changes-advanced-sharing-settings-not-saving.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I been looking to unshare my connection setting but i'm not able to access it anymore i don't know why, but the advance tab doesn't show anymore on the properties
I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 running on windows XP service pack 2.

some time ago it did work but now it doesn't

I looked up another persons topic with the similar issue and
one of the responses were to press the WINDOW KEY +R
but when i press this the following message appears
" THIS OPERATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RESTRICTIONS IN EFFECT ON THIS COMPUTER. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR"

Relevancy 70.95%

Hello. I'm trying to get my DSi online and the help from Nintendo instructs me to "If the router is not listed on our pages, or has no suggested basic rate and transmission rate changes, log into the router, and check likely areas for the basic rate and transmission rate. (e.g., "Wireless Settings," "Advanced Wireless Settings," "Connection Rates") Change the basic rate to "1-2." Change the transmission rate to "2." (Make the change even if only one of those options is available). Test the connection."

But after going on the router page (192.168 etc.) there is no option to change neither the basic or transmission rates.

I have a Belkin N1 Router (Model no. F5D8231-4 Version 5000uk)

Any help?

Thanks,
James

A:Can't find Advanced Settings on Wireless Router

Try changing it to 802.11g only or perhaps even 802.11b only and see if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-find-advanced-settings-on-wireless-router.824847/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey,

This is my first post here or anywhere relating to my computer problems. I am going into Computer>manage>device manager>network adapters>my adapter>rightclick>properties>advanced and I am trying to change the "property" from "802.11d" to "wireless mode" (under value next to "wireless mode" it says IEE 802.11b/g/n) which i believe my BT internet supports, but when I click on it and press OK, I go and check what it is again and it has reverted back to the original 802.11d. I have tried this with a different network adapter so it is not due to the adapter Id think! The other network adapter has different settings under "property" with Network type (with value infrastructure or ad-hoc) and wireless mode. Any help appreciated, let me know if you need more information I will give it immediately!

A:NETWORK ADAPTER- cant change advanced settings from 802.11d

problem solved

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335334-network-adapter-cant-change-advanced-settings-802-11d.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I don't get it..
It's nothing to do with administrator access or not..
every time I go into network connections and do ALT choose Advanced and then try to press Advanced settings I get this:
"Advanced settings could not be displayed at this time because 6to4svc.dll is accessing the same information please close the 6to4svc.dll window(s) and try again"
What am I to do?

A:6to4svc.dll will not let me access advanced settings in network connections.

Can't anyone help me out?
is this a virus?
How would I be able to get raid of it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/6to4svc-dll-will-not-let-me-access-advanced-settings-in-network-connections-410155.html
Relevancy 69.23%

English is not my native tongue Network printer issue properties/advanced settings I apologize for any misspells or Network printer properties/advanced settings issue similar in advance I m connected to a Konica Minolta C network multifunction printer I have never had any similar issues with any other of my printers Let me also say I work in traditional Desktop view I have no issue printing not once did it refuse a print job Issue below are not tied to a specific software I ve experienced it in software from at least Microsoft Autodesk Adobe Foxit When opening Print Dialog I am mostly not allowed to go to Printer Properties Printer Advanced Settings I say mostly because every now and then I am allowed When hitting the Properties button my system freezes A popup dialog box appears stating different things but the last couple of times it has been A RPC Remote Procedure Call could not get through Or similar remember I m not using an Network printer properties/advanced settings issue English system I hit OK At this point the software is frozen and locked I have to go via Task Manager and Kill Task Meanwhile all other running programs are not affected So the story above could just as well include a slightly different popup dialog box message but the problem is the same I can always print with my standard settings but if I want for example multicolour or duplex I have to have a separate printer installation for that So if I go to my Control Panel - gt Units and Printers I do actually face the exact same problem I enter C Printer Settings but if I now try to go to Printer Properties Printer Advanced Settings everything freezes for a second flashing in system background colour and I m back to Desktop view Then if I update reinstall my printer driver everything suddenly works like a charm I don t really know if it works for a specific amount of times entries a specific amount of time or until next system restart As said I could make a number of printer installations like Simplex B W Simplex Colour Duplex B W and Duplex Colour But I want to understand what is wrong too Win x C driver Resultat av download - KONICA MINOLTA Sverige Thank you so much for your interest in my problem

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/32297-network-printer-properties-advanced-settings-issue.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi to all I just recently changed my sharing settings for my laptop to have access over my desktop which i keep my files After customizing the home network and the network settings which it work for the access i wanted some things started to behave weird in the desktop explorer doesn't settings properly sharing load Window after Win U x Windows explorer doesn' t respond normally When i open my computer it makes a big deal to load the icons and not all the properties are displayed when i change the view in details and even my computer doesn't load From the left bar if i extend my disks i can see the content inside them without problem But it has a problem with viewing the thumbnails the big tiles for example in the images and also doesn't so the right preview of the image The same as in my computer happens in the network section doesn' t load at all but can select the location f e my laptop left from the side bar which Window explorer doesn't load properly after sharing settings by the way is constantly thinking I am not very sure what did i change in the Network sharing settings but I thing that is the problem But really can't figure it out neither I can find a solution online Any suggestions I Forgot to mention that when I save with Firefox an image in the save window things Window explorer doesn't load properly after sharing settings are working normally Your lights please

A:Window explorer doesn't load properly after sharing settings

How about doing a System Restore to before you made the changes then start over.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/209210-window-explorer-doesnt-load-properly-after-sharing-settings.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Some Network PC does not shows sometime in window 7 work group

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-7-network-sharing.1157911/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi. I set up wireless lan broadcasting on my xp laptop; laptop cabled to router, smartphone wifi'd to laptop. I got it to work fine but now, even after undoing all the steps i went through to set up connection sharing, i can't get my laptop to connect to a wifi signal; i've tried three. LAN works fine but if i try wireless it will see the signal and try to connect but then give me an error "..unable to connect. wireless network may no longer be in range" I'm standing right next to it and my phone is connected to the same signal just fine. Is there any way to just reset all wireless settings to default? I tried cmd- netsh winsock reset (possibly different wording) and the command was successful but nothing useful happened after restart. If anyone can help that would be awesome.

A:[SOLVED] Connection sharing killed my wireless settings

Hello and Welcome to TSF!

Disable any Firewall/Security Software for now.

Try removing all wireless profiles stored in your computer and re-connect to your home wireless network, make sure that you have the correct encryption needed if your wireless is secured. Here's the guide.

If above suggestion didn't work can you pls. provide an ipconfig /all info of your computer? Here's the guide:
Click on Start => run and type cmd and press enter. From the command prompt screen, type the word ipconfig /all and press enter. Right click on the black screen choose Select All and Paste the results here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-connection-sharing-killed-my-wireless-settings-514029.html
Relevancy 64.07%

My Network Sharing Centre ...change adapter settings shows Unknown,clicking change settings shows the page to be empty.The dependency service or group failed to start.I do have an internet connection but my tray icon has a Red Cross..no internet connection.I would like to do a reinstall in the hope all the missing files and dependencies will be found as the last time I tried a reinstall I had no internet for some time and I don't want to repeat that

A:how to find internet settings in Network Sharing

As I posted in one of your other threads. Best option for you is to do a fresh install with all the problems you are having. No pint chasing them one by one.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/how-to-find-internet-settings-in-network-sharing.4060421/
Relevancy 63.64%

Good morning everybody My D-Link rooter is driving me nuts Basically I have many computers in my Network WinXP Wont Problem, Wireless but Win7 Advanced Connects home Advanced Wireless Network Problem, WinXP Connects but Win7 Wont and I seem to have an issue with encryption and compatibility I have My Works PC Advanced Wireless Network Problem, WinXP Connects but Win7 Wont - Dell Dimension Windows XP Pro My Works Laptop - Compaq Presario Windows XP Pro My Rig - Windows Ultimate bit My Tablet PC - Windows Ultimate bit My Partners Laptop - Windows Home Premium bit My iPhone My Rooter - D-Link DSL- R With the default settings in the rooter Mixed WPA WPA My iPhone Works PC and Works Laptop connects to the wireless network no problem it appears they are using WPA mode whilst connected However my Windows machines are all seeing the network as WPA When I attempt to connect to the network it fails on all Windows Machines I can only seem to connect the Windows machines if I change from quot Mixed WPA WPA quot to quot WPA Only quot which then knocks out all the Windows XP machines However if I disable wireless encryption which I don't particularly want to do All the machines work correctly with no problems I do have a function for quot Guest Network quot which broadcasts a nd separate SSID but you cant use encryption on it That could run the Windows Machines but the problem is I don't know how secure it is

A:Advanced Wireless Network Problem, WinXP Connects but Win7 Wont

Do you have this option, WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)

If so use your own Key or Just retype the one that your using. Should be just as good as the others.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188522-advanced-wireless-network-problem-winxp-connects-but-win7-wont.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a new pc any network media sharing freezes or or pc vnc with x running vista home premium I am new to vista with this pc My problem exists in several situations The problem is the pc freezes or locks screen mouse cannot ctl-alt-del but I can still hear the fan and drive running The pc can sit like this for several minutes to minutes or longer Then it reboots with the message windows has recovered the error given is blue screen I looked at the administrative error logs and nothing jumps out at the time it does this The situations pc freezes with vnc or any network or media sharing in which it does this pc freezes with vnc or any network or media sharing is when network sharing files from laptop on same network When using a vnc on the same network and another network I have tried tightvnc and ultravnc It also does this when using orb to stream media such as music and video to my pc freezes with vnc or any network or media sharing iphone via winamp remote and orb I get a good connection with all these for or minutes before the pc locks I have even connected with vnc manually disconnected then reconnected then disconnected But if I let it stay connected for several minutes it locks I have run malware spyware antivirus malwarebytes spybot spyware blaster and my antivirus firewall is Bitdefender Bitdefender is the online one with realtime protection I have used all these for years with xp I have updated my ethernet adapter driver Any ideas I am at a loss Thanks in advance jt

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/185066-pc-freezes-vnc-any-network-media-sharing.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Im New Here

Why i Cant See the Wireless Network Connection And if i Search Manage Wireless Networks in Control Panel It Says

"Wireless Is Not Currently Enabled"

What Should I do??

Relevancy 62.78%

problem in Network and Sharing Center, Change adapter Settings
When I try to enter ( Change adapter Settings )

This Problem Come

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel

please help!!!

A:problem in Network and Sharing Center, Change adapter Settings

You might want to take a look here:
Manage - Fix "File does not have a program associated"

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/303487-problem-network-sharing-center-change-adapter-settings.html
Relevancy 62.35%

the network and sharing center has never opened on my hp pavilon z with windows 10 on it. it hangs.. can still X out though. and if it does open it closes itself right away.

i have searched and have found others with the issue, but no solutions.

i wanted to connect to the internet by a cable but cannot without going through that center.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-and-sharing-center-freezes-hp-laptop-windows-10.1168895/
Relevancy 61.92%

i got this new laptop... came with windows 7.
i assigned the wireless network of my house and everything was working fine and dandy... i then tried to connect tot he shared files of my other computers and they were not showing up. i noticed the workgroup name was called "homegroup" and my shared files on all my xp computer group is called "tss" so i go to the part whewe i can change the computer's name (i hadnt assigned it yet) and gave teh computer a name and changed the "homegroup" to "tss" i wanted to restart so i let it... since that restart... it wont connect to wireless. going to the network window makes it freeze. auto diagnosis the problem just freezes forever. help.

A:network window freezes

so yeah. my brand new computer wont even connect to wireless internet cause anything to do with networking seems to freeze.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/50861-network-window-freezes.html
Relevancy 61.92%

so I just went into my network and sharing center to turn off IPv6 connectivity on my laptop because it was affecting my ISP and all of a sudden I find out there is a wireless connection 2, any idea on what this is for because I have never seen it on that window and when I go and disable my regular wireless connection they both go away and when I re-enable the normal one both come back up if anybody knows what this is for please let me know I am attaching a screenshot

A:wireless Network 2 in Network and Sharing Center

Kindly read my 2nd and 4th post in this thread: Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter....???

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/320447-wireless-network-2-network-sharing-center.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My computer is stable and error free except for the following quirky annoyance When I open the network window the usual default settings make it look like the st attached picture That's expected but quite often I ll open it Network Windows Window by 7 Changing View keep Themselves!! Settings up and it will instead look like the nd attached picture which is undesired and unexpected Sometimes the navigation pain will also disappear No problem I just go into the view settings and organize button and fix things up The problem is that it doesn t last long before the settings get messed up again I m not doing anything that I m aware of to change the settings but it happens a few times a week all by itself I also notice a similar change of settings with the uninstall a program window and the uninstall an update window Again the settings can be corrected but what I can t figure out is why or what is Windows 7 Network Window View Settings keep Changing by Themselves!! changing them to the non-standard Windows 7 Network Window View Settings keep Changing by Themselves!! appearance and how I can keep these settings the way I last left them Is there a fix Windows 7 Network Window View Settings keep Changing by Themselves!! for this quirky annoyance

A:Windows 7 Network Window View Settings keep Changing by Themselves!!

Try this.

Folder View Settings - Reset All to Default

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308425-windows-7-network-window-view-settings-keep-changing-themselves.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I am connected to internet. Grandson bought new IPad and trying to connect wireless connection. I forgot password or security key. Any help on how to find it or create a new one.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-sharing-Wireless/td-p/5750919
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, I wanted to share wireless network (only for INTERNET use) for this one Wireless Individual Group but do not want them to see or share the resource of our Office Network. In which step should I take to set it up...

We are using WORKGROUP infrastructure and the current setup is show below

Internet ----> ADSL Modem ---> Wireless Router ------> Office Network
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . -
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Wireless Individual Group (WIG)

As stated above both Office Network and WIG can share Internet connection with no problem, but at the same time WIG can also shared the resource of Office Network (which in this case I do not wanted)

Please any advice...

A:Sharing Wireless Network

Your wireless router may have some options to limit the access of wireless clients. Take a look in the firewall and/or security settings.

If you don't have anything like this in your router config, then the best solution would be to put another (wired) router (or any other computer acting as a firewall) between the wireless router and the office network. It would look like this:

Code:

Internet
|
DSL modem
|
Wifi router
/ \
router Wireless clients
|
Office network

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-wireless-network.96029/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone

I have a wireless network at home, with a wireless router upstairs that has 4 RJ45 connections at the back. I am interested in buying a 1TB external hard drive, and I would like to be able to share access to this with a PC and 2 laptops that are connected to the wireless network. Can anyone please advise me how to do this? Do I need to buy a specific hard drive with a network port?

Ideally I'd not like to rely on having the drive plugged into a PC or laptop that is always switched on - it's not good for the environment is it

Thanks for reading

Relevancy 60.2%

I want to setup my network to play x-link kai and go to the step that it need to turn on the wireless sharing and I can't change for some lesson and then I do some thing wrong I said The IP of my computer is the same as other or some thing like that then I change the IP and I come back to the Network connection the I found out that my sharing tab is disappeared Can any body help my please
Sorry for my broken english

A:Help me please about vista wireless network sharing

anybody help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-please-about-vista-wireless-network-sharing.889712/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone,

My neighbour suggested we share his wireless connection and split the bill.

Here are my questions:

1. Is there anyway for him to access my computer?

2. Is there anyway for him to track my internet activity (e.g. websites visited)?

My computer is a PC that runs on windows XP home edition.

Thanks!

Relevancy 60.2%

Hey, i have a DSL connection going to a wireless router and a cable from the wireless router into the ethernet card on one computer, i have a laptop connected wireless to the router and the internet is working, i have another desktop computer downstairs that is connected to the network (i can view files from upstairs) but i cannot get this computer to access the internet at all... I have tried various ways to set it up but have had no success...
thankyou

Relevancy 60.2%

I use a laptop to connect to a free wireless service I want Wireless question sharing network to be able to use a wireless router to share that connection with my desktop which is on another floor So basically this is how i want to connect WIRELESS gt Laptop sharing internet TO a wireless router gt Desktop connects to wireless router to receive shared internet signal If this makes sense can someone please help me this kind of setup minus the router works to share internet from the laptops wireless to my xbox via cat to access xbox live I tried to turn on ICS and running a cat cable to the WAN on the wireless router then connecting my desktop with wireless card to the router Am i using the wrong cable from the laptop to the WAN Should i use crossover for that or is cat correct is there something i didn t set up right Feel free to dumb it down for me although i DO understand pc jargon it would be easier to Wireless network sharing question digest if you start at ground zero and work your way up because i don t know if i have this correct so it would be easier with a checklist so to speak thanks for any help anyone can offer nbsp

A:Wireless network sharing question

Are you saying that today you have

WIRELESS
ACCESS :::::::::::::::::::> laptop -----------------------------> XBOX
........................wireless.........................Wired
Don't know who's wireless it is or the extent of its coverage but maybe something like

WIRELESS........wireless.....................Wired
ACCESS :::::::::::::::::::> laptop -----------------------------> XBOX
..........|
..........|
..........| wireless
.........v
DESKTOP

and all you need is another wireless connection

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-sharing-question.113707/
Relevancy 60.2%

Wireless network sharing was working fine days ago its not working anymore I was using quot connectify quot to share my connection Below are some additional info Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All Solved: sharing network wireless rights reserved D Users MACJO gt ipconfig All Windows IP Configuration Host Name MACJO-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -C - - D-D DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - -F -CB- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c e b Preferred Solved: wireless network sharing IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F- -FE- - - -F -CB- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DF C F- B D- F -BA - EC FEB br AFB Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes D Users Solved: wireless network sharing MACJO gt nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Ive tried everything i know but i still cant do it Ive set up a peer to peer wireless network sharing File wireless on wi-fi network between a File sharing on wireless network laptop and a pc ive told the PC to share the document folders Then when im browsing the PC on the laptop i can click on say XXXXX s documents and it opens fine but when i click on any thing else after that i get the following message XX COMPUTER XXXXXX s documents XXXXXX is not accessable You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions Now the odd thing This only happens when trying to access of the users folders and yet as far as i can tell all the settings ect are the same Also i dont know if its of relevence but when accessing the Laptop from the PC i get assked for a user name and password but i dont always get asked when doing it the other way INFO PC Win XP Home SP WI-FI adapter Laptop Win XP Prof SP WI-FI adapter Any ideas nbsp

A:File sharing on wireless network

This is stolen from Bob -
Do the steps he always outlines -

1. Make sure you have the same IP scheme (e.g. 192.168.0.x).

2. Make sure you have the same Subnet Mask, Gateway, and DNS IP addresses.

3. Make sure you can ping the other computer's IP address. If this fails, just for testing, make sure you turn off XP's as well as any other firewall.

4. Make sure you can ping the other computers by name.

5. Make sure you have the same workgroup name (watch for trailing spaces)

6. For troubleshooting purposes, turn off XP's and any other firewall software. You can always add more complexity after you get it working.

7. With XP, make sure you have the same username and password as the person logging onto the other computers. The default setting for XP Pro is to require a password for network access.

8. More details about how to network XP can be found at:
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_network.htm

9. More details about how to troubleshoot TCP/IP networks can be found at:
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/trouble.htm

10. Apply the registry edit to fix the browsing delay from XP to Win9x computers
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/window...browsing_delay.

Also note that sometimes you have to uninstall firewalls completely for it to work properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-sharing-on-wireless-network.438153/
Relevancy 60.2%

I m using Dell laptop with Vista it has Wireless lan network card I use mobile network as my default connection not wired not local area connection I m trying to make my laptop to be an accesss point for my nintendo DS using ad-hoc function I create ad-hoc network name it set wep password or even no pass and when I finish there , network Vista wireless sharing should be a button Turn On Vista , wireless network sharing internet sharing But it s not there I turn on nintendo DS I see that network full connection but when I try to connect it fails I think the problem is that i m using mobile network not wired connection I tried to bridge connections but I cant bridge my mobile network with wireless it s only possible with Local area connection Please help me P S my IPconfig all Tunnel adapter Vietinio tinklo LAN rysys Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F BCAF- B - CE- B - C br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Vietinio tinklo LAN rysys Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F BCAF- B - CE- B - C br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Vietinio tinklo LAN rysys Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F BCAF- B - CE- B - C br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Vietinio tinklo LAN rysys Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F BCAF- B - CE- B - C br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Vietinio tinklo LAN rysys Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F BCAF- B - CE- B - C br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Vietinio tinklo LAN rysys Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F BCAF- B - CE- B - C br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Vietinio tinklo LAN rysys Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F BCAF- B - CE- B - C br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Vietinio tinklo LAN rysys Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F BCAF- B - CE- B - C br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Vietinio tinklo LAN rysys Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F BCAF- B - CE- B - C br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Vietinio tinklo LAN rysys Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F BCAF- B - CE- B - C br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Vietinio tinklo LAN rysys Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F BCAF- B - CE- B - C br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Vietinio tinklo LAN rysys Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F BCAF- B - CE- B - C br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Vietinio tinklo LAN rysys Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F BCAF- B - CE- B - C br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Vietinio tinklo LAN rysys Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F BCAF- B - CE- B - C br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Vietinio tinklo LAN r... Read more

Relevancy 60.2%

Another newbie question, please...

I've set up a wireless network for 2 XP and 1 Mac machines in my home and now I'd like to share data across them.
Can someone give me a good reference to figure out how to do that?
I see the Windows "Shared Folders" but not sure how to use them.
I hope I don't have to physically move data or duplicate it to share it.
Ideally I'd like to also share data on my eSATA external hard drive across the 3 machines.

Sorry for the elementary request here, but I've always gotten great help on this board.
Thanks.

Relevancy 60.2%

I know this question has been posted previously- and I have had numerous calls to Linksys- but the problem continues: I can not remote print to a computer and printer that is directly connected to a Linksys router-- I have just, finally, been able to secure my wireless network- I have clicked the Network Sharing in the Control Panel- and it indicated that I am successfully
sharing a printer- but it doesn't print! I have different names for the main PC and my laptop- don't know what to do about the Workgroup- if that is the issue- it is so frustrating! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 60.2%

I have a wireless network with printer sharing already in place between two computers with Windows XP that works fine. I bought a new laptop yesterday with Windows Vista installed. I got the file sharing working fine between the laptop and the two computers but the printer will not work.

There is a compatibility issue with my printer and Vista but I downloaded the Vista drivers for the printer and tried to connect on the network using the \\computername\printername format but it still will not work.

My printer is a Canon PIXMA MP160 multifunction printer.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-with-printer-sharing.611461/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have set up a WIRELESS network whereby the internet connection is shared. How do I share files and printers? I have put the same workgroup name in the 'Computer Name' tab but the compouters don't recognise each other. On one computer shows itself in the 'view workgroup computers' and the other computer shows nothing in the window. How do I get them file sharing on a wi-fi network?? How do I set up a workgroup they can both be in??

A:Wireless Network File Sharing

You need to have file/printer sharing enabled in your firewall on each PC

start->Control panel->Network Connections->local area connection->properties->advanced->firewall settings->exceptions->file and printer sharing. Make sure it is checked

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-file-sharing.461650/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Minolta laser printer connected to a desktop via USB, The desktop is connected to a wireless hub (linksys WRT54G) which is then connected through a modem to cable internet. I have tried to print from a laptop connected through the same wireless network to the Minolta but no luck.The printer shows up as 'shared' on the desktop but not on the laptop. I have run all the printer sharing routines that Microsoft has.
Would appreciate any insight into what I should do have the printer accessible from all laptops that share the wireless hub.
Thanks!

Relevancy 60.2%

Ok, first of all; i'm a real rookie when it comes to networks.
What I'm trying to create is a map in wich me can share documents.
We have ADSL-connection devided over 2 pc's trough a wireless router.
How am i supposed to do this?
Please help me out!

A:sharing files over wireless network

can you ping each other? thispage may help,

How to enable File and Sharing in Windows Firewall
Cause: A firewall is blocking the File and Printer Sharing. Solution: You may
need to enable File and Printer Sharing in Windows Firewall. Next Page ...
http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windows/xpicf1.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharing-files-over-wireless-network.386295/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have two computers running wireless using a Linksys WRTU54G-TM. I purchased this router from T-mobile and it also provides VOIP AT Home service for my telephone. T-Mobile recently updated the Linksys software and flashed the memory. Since that time, I can no longer "see" my Work-group computers to share files. T-Mobile will not provide assistance. Both computers are running Windows 7. Any suggestions?

A:Wireless Network file sharing

T-Mobile recently updated the Linksys software and flashed the memory.Click to expand...

how did they do that ?

i cant find that model - is that the correct number

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-file-sharing.1032763/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey all First off sorry for the rookie question--thanks in advance for your help I m trying to setup a wireless network of two File network ZA sharing w/ on wireless computers I m using a D-Link DI- wireless router My cable modem plugs into the WAN slot and then my desktop plugs into the first LAN slot The web connection works fine for both my desktop and my wireless laptop However I can t seem to get file sharing to work I ve run the network setup File sharing on wireless network w/ ZA wizard on both computers and set them to the same workgroup and I ve okayed file sharing on folders within each system When I try to view the workgroup from my desktop I can see my laptop File sharing on wireless network w/ ZA but when I try to access it I get an error quot lt computername gt not accessible You might not have permissions blah blah network path not found quot From the laptop I can t even see the desktop within the workgroup I m running XP SP on both systems windows firewall turned off Zone Alarm on both I m guessing ZA is part of the problem but I can t find a way to exempt the network workgroup--only static IP addresses which I assume I can t really force or at least I don t know how to Any help I ve read all of the file sharing FAQs I can find but none of them discuss ZA and the ZA help isn t much well help Thanks -Marcus nbsp

A:File sharing on wireless network w/ ZA

For all computers

enable ports 135, 445 for your LAN address range
192.168.0.x -> 0.y tcp+udp, ports 135, 445​
This should make all systems see one another.

To make the connection, you may also need to play with the GUEST account password.
Although LOGIN may be disabled, the account is still used to make the
sharing access.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-sharing-on-wireless-network-w-za.38311/
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently bought an HP laptop with Vista Home Premium. I have an HP desktop running XP(sp2) and have a new HP C4280 printer attached to the desktop with USB. It works fine. I installed this printer on my new laptop, also with a USB connection so I could install the software. I am on high speed DSL connection with a wireless Westell VersaLink router/modem. I have selected the printer as default and shared on the desktop and have selected default on the laptop. When I try to print it gives me a port error(USB) I don't know how to change the settings so I can print wirelessly from my laptop.

A:Printer sharing on a wireless network-HELP!

Addendum to previous: I changed the location of the laptop port to the host ccomputer name and printer name

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-sharing-on-a-wireless-network-help.610303/
Relevancy 60.2%

Ok, i have a laptop and a desktop computer, both running vista ultimate. the laptop i use as my main computer and is connected to the internet. i want to create a wireless network that both computers can connect to so my desktop can connect to the internet using my laptops internet. Ive created the network and got them both connceted. But the other computer still cant connect to the internet. If i disconnect the other comp and reconnect it, it says it has limited connectivity. I dont no anything about my router modem IP adress or anything so if u ask about that you will have to tell me what to do to find it and exactly wat im looking for lol. sry cant give much info but really hope some1 can help

Relevancy 60.2%

I have a wireless network installed and would like to share a printer that is attached to my base station. I have setup the printer for sharing on the machine it is attached. My laptop connects to my wireless network. What must be done to the laptop to have it recognize the printer?

Relevancy 60.2%

I have a home wireless Linksys network with computers Its intended purpose was to allow all computers to connect to the Internet via an Mbps Files Set to Sharing Network How on Up Wireless internet connection via cable TV which has been successful However I have never learned how to have one computer send info to another within my little wireless home network a feature I would like to have but which I have never explored I have recently been messing with shared folders placing two of the How to Set Up Sharing Files on Wireless Network three computers on the wireless network but have found it elusive as to how to put info in a folder to allow it to be shared by the other computer I am unsure as to whether I have properly put each computer on the network Yes I know I could put files on a disk in the A or D drive which I have done but I was of the impression that I could do things more efficiently this way instead Indeed I would like to be able to download entire programs from one machine to the other But lets keep it simple What I have done so far simply doesn t work I fully expect to be able to see the shared folders for the other computer by some means but it isn t happening I use Windows XP Pro on my desktop having replaced what was originally Windows SE and Windows XP Home Edition on my laptop original software The desktop is a Dell Desktop vintage w Pentium III MHz and Mb Memory The laptop is also a Dell Insspiron vintage w Pentium III MHz and Mb Memory Both have Gig hard drives and both use XP versions w Servicepack They both esp desktop run pretty slow w XP especially since I added Norton Internet Security to each computer in the last few months I know I need two new quot hot quot computers But for the moment I m trying to get along with what I have for what I normally do which is hardly to be a hacker Can anyone help me Thanks in advance for any good advice Bob M nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Im trying to set up a wireless network at home with my netgear rangmax router.
I want to set it up for my Desktop pc and my laptop. I want to be able to open a file(my documents, music, pictures, etc...) of my desktop pc, from my laptop (or vicerversa) by directly clicking on the file without having to go to the PUBLIC folder.
I dont want to be moving every file I want to share to the public folder.
(im running vista premium x64)

For now, thats what Im doing, sharing them in a public folder.

Need help!!
Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/173926-sharing-files-problmes-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok first up here s a diagram to explain my current network set-up hopefully it will make it a little clearer what I m talking about Hooray for paint The problem I m having is with windows file sharing The two PCs connected via the wired network can see each other just fine and file sharing is not a problem However I cannot see any of the workgroup computers from the laptop which is connected to the network wirelessly via the wireless router I can ping both the wired router and the PCs Wired/Wireless over Sharing File Network from the laptop but trying to ping the laptop from the PC times out Its probably worth pointing out that the laptop can connect to the internet with no problems at File Sharing over Wired/Wireless Network all PC Windows XP SP PC Windows Vista Ultimate Laptop Windows XP SP All the computers are added to the quot WORKGROUP quot workgroup Summary of Network American Robotics Sure Connect Modem Router IP - PC IP XX - PC IP static - Xbox IP static File Sharing over Wired/Wireless Network - Buffalo Airstation Wireless G Router IP --- Laptop IP --- Nintendo DS ---Nintendo Wii I doubt its relevant but the wireless network is WEP encrypted Any help is appreciated thanks nbsp

A:File Sharing over Wired/Wireless Network

It's the NAT layer in the second router. Try this configuration:

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-sharing-over-wired-wireless-network.546351/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I set up an ad hoc wireless network between my pc and laptop a couple of days ago The network works fine and the shared files can be accessed but i can t get the internet sharing to work Both pc s are running on XP i did have internet sharing working fine until i changed my broadband router and although I ve set it up with the same settings as the old one when i click on internet explorer on Help wireless hoc up setting network ad internet sharing on my laptop it gives the usual page cannot be displayed error I ve read through lots of posts but still can t get it to work The ip address on the laptop is and the ip of the pc is I read that these should be the same but if i manually change the ip on my laptop to the network connection fails so i m not sure what else to do Both are set to obtain ip automatically the internet connection is Help setting up internet sharing on ad hoc wireless network set to be shared on the pc and firewalls Help setting up internet sharing on ad hoc wireless network are turned off Help would be greatly appreciated as my partner needs internet access to work on the laptop asap Thanks nbsp

A:Help setting up internet sharing on ad hoc wireless network

Can anyone help? This should be pretty easy for some of you but i don't have much experience so i really need some help. Its really urgent for me to get this done asap.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-setting-up-internet-sharing-on-ad-hoc-wireless-network.25363/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have just set up an adhoc wireless network on 2 desktops. Both running Win XP pro SP2, Belkin F5D7000 network cards, Sygate personal firewall.
The network is running fine and I am able to share files and printers OK.
What I would like to know is how do I set up the client computer to use the hosts internet connection? I am using Firefox 1.0.3 as a browser and Thunderbird for email. I have enabled share this internet connection on the host computer. The internet connection is dial up for upload and satelite for downloading. I managed to use this internet connection fine when it was a cabled network but since setting up as a wireless I can no longer access it. I have tried disabling all firewalls for testing but to no effect.
Any one have any ideas?
Thanks.

Relevancy 59.77%

Recently got a new notebook so I m really working at getting the files on both the new notebook and my old desktop sharable so that I can use something like Syncback to synchronize the contents of certain directories I ve got both computers on the Sharing Trouble Across Wireless Network Files same workgroup The desktop is connected through ethernet to the wireless router and the notebook is of course connected wirelessly Sort of wondering if this mixing connection methods is the source of the problem since I have no way to specify an SSID for the desktop to match the SSID the notebook is connecting to Don t know if that could be a difficulty or not haven t really dealt with a network that uses both wired and wireless connections Firewall is handled by the router and Windows ICF is disabled the service itself is actually not running The router is a Linksys WRT g Both machines are running XP Pro and have been given appropriately modified computer names I ve set up the directories Trouble Sharing Files Across Wireless Network I want to share on the desktop and see them in my network places But I really can t figure out what it s going to take for the notebook to see them in its my network places folder I really don t need to overdo the complexity of the setup since I m going to have to strike the whole thing and redo it once I m back at college in August So at this poinbt I m not looking to do any application sharing or otherwise getting fancy with the network setup Just sharing some data between these two computers and aside from that they can remain independent from one another Any suggestions are greatly welcome and thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I am having a problem sharing files over my wireless network. I have two computers on the network. One computer can see the other computer on the network but can't access it and the other one can't even see the other computer. Obviously I'm having a problem on the one computer that can't connect to the other. The one that can connect uses wireless-g and the one that can't uses wireless-a. I am using a Linsys Wireless A + G broadband router. If there is any other information needed please let me know and thank you for the help!

Dennis

A:File Sharing Over Wireless Network Problem

Not sure if the router can do A and G at the same time. I know they use different frequencies. Try giving Linksys a call. 1-800-LINKSYS. If you call around 8pm or so, you get a better chance of talking to someone in the US.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-sharing-over-wireless-network-problem.398165/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Guys,

I have a wireless network with a WRT300N Linksys Wireless router sharing internet for a wired pc and two wireless notebooks. I had no problem sharing files between these 3 computers but I can't use the printer installed in the pc from the two notebooks. I can recognize and install this printer in the notebooks, but when I try to print it doesn't work. I've already disabled the windows firewall and the others but it didn't help

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Relevancy 59.77%

I will try instead adapter is ethernet Sharing and of Wireless Network using and make this a simple as possible I have laptops The first is running Windows ultimate and the other Ubuntu They are connected via Ethernet through a Linksys BEFSR router Both computers have static Ethernet addresses I have a wireless router and both computers use their own wireless adapters for an internet connection The wireless router BEC TN R is not physically connected to the eth router The wireless adapters are set to use DHCP IPv is disabled on the Ethernet adapters Here's my issue Streaming video or transferring files Network and Sharing is using Wireless adapter instead of ethernet from the Win to my linux machine is very slow or fails unless i disable the wireless adapter on the Win laptop However if I change my wireless profile to public which has sharing disabled then no shares will show up in samba on the Linux 'puter although I can ping the other computer by IP I have tried using Network and Sharing is using Wireless adapter instead of ethernet lmhosts on both computers but to no avail I can ping the Linux computer from my windows machine by IP but if i try to ping from the NetBios name it shows that its going through the router and will fail depending on whether the wireless profile is set to public or home How do I configure Windows so that the wireless is used for internet access only Is this a router config issue I'm racking my brain on this one EDIT Even when file sharing streaming is not working Synergy still works fine and I can share the mouse keyboard no problem

A:Network and Sharing is using Wireless adapter instead of ethernet

Hello and welcome Banqu0 mate it might seem over simplistic but how about a USB to USB cable and cut out the wifi stuff when transferring that data?
Am no expert with this anyway but something I would try

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/324096-network-sharing-using-wireless-adapter-instead-ethernet.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Good afternoon all,

I have an HP Color Laserjet 2820 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier attached to my PC. My PC is a Dell 1545 laptop running 64-bit Windows 7. I can print and scan on the printer using the software on my computer.

My wife has a Compaq 615 laptop running 32-bit Windows 7. We share a home wireless network. She can print to the 2820 printer wirelessly, but not scan: the scan options do not appear in her driver software, when she is connected wirelessly.

If she picks up her computer, crosses the room with it, and plugs the printer USB cable into the side of her Compaq laptop, then opens the printer software, the scan options are available and she can scan direct to her PC.

Can we arrange it so that she can use the scanner functions wirelessly?

Thanks,

scandalxk

A:Sharing HP Laserjet 2820 on wireless network

Here's the answer:

HP Color LaserJet 2820 and 2840 All-in-One Printers - Wireless Connectivity - c01562615 - HP Business Support Center

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/168214-sharing-hp-laserjet-2820-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Just getting my knickers in a twist about File Sharing through a Wireless router between 2 vista computers

Is there an online resource that explains it for idiots - even a video

Does there have to be a Vista log on password for both computers - one computer has one, and the other doesn't

Thanks

A:Wireless Network File Sharing in Vista

Create a password on each machine, the default is to inhibit file sharing with no password.

You can run control userpasswords2 from a command prompt to automate the login to the desktop if that's your reason for not having passwords.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-file-sharing-in-vista.873558/
Relevancy 59.77%

Have home network, 3 desktops, internet through wireless router hooked to windows XP via cables, other two pc's are wireless, new gateway pc has printer that i want other two pc's to be able to print on, i have allowed sharing, verified that all are using same workgroup name, i do have other pc seeing the vista pc but when i double click to see items shared says access not allowed, see system administrator, path not found, on the vista it shows connected to network, printer shared, so i am completely at a loss, anyone able to help, that has had this problem. thank you in advance for any help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-printer-sharing-on-wireless-network.608564/
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm using a pc with a wireless adapter to surf on a friends wireless network. I have 2 pc at home, connected the a wired network, sharing files. Is it possible to share the wireless internet with the pc thats connected through a ethernet router to the wireless pc? I would like to do this until I get a wireless adpter for the other pc.

Relevancy 59.77%

Hey can anyone help? I just set up a wireless n/w at home, only two PCs. Both running XP Home SP2 and fully up to date. Everything works fine except one PC is not able to see the shared files on the other. The other PC shows up in My Network Places but clicking on it gets the error message:

"\\[computer name] is not accessable. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator .........

Logon Failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer."

Any idea how to grant the requested logon type. The setup of both PCs was done using the networking wizard and firewalls have been opened to the necessary IP addresses.

Thanks,
Peter

Relevancy 59.77%

I posted this under Windows NT XP but then saw this section of the forum It may be better responded to here I have a home wireless Linksys network with computers Its intended purpose was to allow all computers to connect to the Internet via an Mbps internet connection via cable TV which has been successful However I have never learned how to have one computer send info to another within I a Do Wireless Files How Home Sharing Set on Network? Up my little wireless home How Do I Set Up Sharing Files on a Home Wireless Network? network a feature I would like to have but which I How Do I Set Up Sharing Files on a Home Wireless Network? have never explored I have recently been messing with shared folders placing two of the three computers on the wireless network but have found it elusive as to how to put info in a folder to allow it to be shared by the other computer I am unsure as to whether I have properly put each computer on the network Yes I know I could put files on a disk in the A or D drive which I have done but I was of the impression that I could do things more efficiently this way instead Indeed I would like to be able to download entire programs from one machine to the other But lets keep it simple What I have done so far simply doesn t work I fully expect to be able to see the shared folders for the other computer by some means but it isn t happening I use Windows XP Pro on my desktop having replaced what was originally Windows SE and Windows XP Home Edition on my laptop original software The desktop is a Dell Desktop How Do I Set Up Sharing Files on a Home Wireless Network? vintage w Pentium III MHz and Mb Memory The laptop is also a Dell Insspiron vintage w Pentium III MHz and Mb Memory Both have Gig hard drives and both use XP versions w Servicepack They both esp desktop run pretty slow w XP especially since I added Norton Internet Security to each computer in the last few months I know I need two new quot hot quot computers But for the moment I m trying to get along with what I have for what I normally do which is hardly to be a hacker Can anyone help me Thanks in advance for any good advice Bob M nbsp

A:How Do I Set Up Sharing Files on a Home Wireless Network?

Yes, this would have been better but you already have two responses to your other thread. Please click on the red triangle in the upper right and ask a moderator to close this one. You could also use the same technique to have the other thread moved here--but no need to since you are getting help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-set-up-sharing-files-on-a-home-wireless-network.478850/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all I just bought a new laptop today with an inbuilt wireless network adaptor I turned it on and it recognised the wireless network in my house I entered my password and it connected to it although it came up with a warning that said it wasn t connected properly sorry I forgot the exact Issues Network - Sharing Internet Wireless terminology and that I wouldnt be able Wireless Network - Internet Sharing Issues to use all of the features of the network including the internet It was right So I went to control panel network connections and found out the IP address Wireless Network - Internet Sharing Issues and gateway information of my host computer and I typed this into the laptop computer in the same place It then said status connected Thinking it was fixed I tried the internet still no luck I then went into the network connections on the host computer and ticked the box to share it over the network Whenever I do that however the internet of the host computer stops working and it doesnt work on the laptop either Both are running WIN XP PRO I have no idea what could be causing this the networks are so confusing and complex I had an internet sharing network with my previous laptop this one however just can t seem to establish a shared internet connection At this point in time my main concern is to share the interent which is broadband cable Any help would be GREATLY appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello - I'm new

I wish to remove settings I put in on using "Set up a wireless network wizard" I cannot find a way to access the information to delete it.

A:Wireless Network Settings

Do you mean that you want to delete or disable a network connection you created with the wizard?

If that is what you want to do click "start/settings/network and dialup connections" and disable or delete the connection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44892/wireless-network-settings/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello!
Laptop: Windows XP
Work computers: Windows 2000, and server running Win 2000 Server

I have a laptop which is a part of my home network. When I am at work, I log onto our work network using wireless also. At work, I can see the workgroup and network but in order to open anything I must first enter my work username and password.

While I am at work, another work machine can pick up my laptop while I am connected to the work network. What I dont want, is for work people to be able to access my shared folders on my laptop that are normally available for my home network. I do have user accounts on my laptop with passwords but the work computers seem to bypass that and are able to open any of my shared files. How do I protect my computer from other wireless networks that I may log into?

Thanks so much,
Monique

A:Wireless Network Settings

If XP Pro and using the default file sharing, simply give file/folder permissions to only those accounts you want to have access.

If XP Home, or Pro using SFS, don't share private folders or set the Windows XP firewall to not allow exceptions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-settings.519925/
Relevancy 58.91%

Gday I've Broadband Crossover sharing Wireless network Configuring and got a bit of a problem I'm having trouble solving I have a Desktop which I'm trying to network with an EeePC for the purposes of internet connection and file sharing Both are running Win Ultimate I'm using a USB Mobile Broadband dongle on the Desktop and a crossover cable between the two Now I can get the file sharing set up no problems with the Homegroup feature and internet connection sharing works fine too But my concern is that for some reason Win is lumping the 'Local Area Connection' for the crossover cable and the Mobile Broadband connection together as the same 'Unidentified Network' I've attached a screen shot to illustrate I don't like this It means that in order to set up a homegroup which is the only way I've been able to figure out how to get the file sharing to work I have to set the 'Unidentified Network' to the 'Home' location Considering this includes my connection to the internet it really doesn't seem secure at all especially if I enable file sharing Does anyone know how I can split the two connections the Crossover LAN and the mobile broadband into two separate 'unidentified networks' so I can apply the 'Home' template to one and the 'Public' to the other Or any other means of setting up a secure crossover network with a shared internet connection Thanks in advance

A:Configuring Crossover network sharing and Wireless Broadband

Seriously? Not one reply?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/180650-configuring-crossover-network-sharing-wireless-broadband.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I ve got two computers in my house running off a wireless network Up until now I ve had no problems with it short of the usual start-up Solved: sharing on network wireless printer Lost hitches Then this morning I ve tried to print from one computer and it says unable to connect The router is connected to the computer called The printer is connected to the imaginitively named Comp can ping the router and itself but not comp Comp can also Solved: Lost printer sharing on wireless network ping the router and itself but not comp I ve got no idea why this has suddenly changed I haven t added or edited any programs or settings that can alter these settings Comp is using Norton Internet Security which has recently expired - but I ve used Solved: Lost printer sharing on wireless network the printer since the expiry date and comp has Zone Alarm Both IP s for the computers are in each others trusted zones I m really stumped as to why this has happened Can anyone help me nbsp

A:Solved: Lost printer sharing on wireless network

Not to worry guys, I've managed to work this one out on my own. Don't ask me how though!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-printer-sharing-on-wireless-network.549250/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I ve somehow managed to lose printer sharing on my home wireless network I had trouble with my router Lost printer Solved: on sharing network wireless yesterday and reconfigured my port forwarding for it and today I try to print and I m getting the message quot Unable to connect quot in the print window that opens The way my network is set up is The computer I am using now is called This has the router connected to it via cables The printer is connected to the other computer imaginatively called connects to the internet Solved: Lost printer sharing on wireless network using a wireless receiver Both router and receiver are manufactured by Belkin When I set up my network I needed help and got everything I needed from this site including activating File and Printer Sharing However after getting in touch with my broadband provider the technician I spoke to managed to screw with my IP addresses I was using two static IP addresses one for each computer to such an extent that they have somehow been reversed i e computer s IP address previous to my phone call to the ISP is now somehow the IP address of computer I tried deleting the printer and then re-finding it only to discover that the wizard cannot even find the printer Can anyone help me sort this mess out I m only trying to print a few pages nbsp

A:Solved: Lost printer sharing on wireless network

Not to worry I've managed to sort this myself. All that was needed was to add the new Ip addresses to each of the firewall's trusted list. Simple really - problem solved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-printer-sharing-on-wireless-network.508388/
Relevancy 58.91%

Bought a new laptop with wireless card. Can connect to the internet through the Linksys broadband router. This router is connected directly to my desktop. (Both run on XP home edition)

I think that I have done all that is needed to set up the in-home network. I have some folders in the desktop that I set up as shared and I can access them using the laptop. I had set these up as shared files quite awhile ago so that I could share with my old windows 98 PC.

Last night I decided to add more folders for file sharing,so I right clicked on them, went to sharing and security and turned them into shared files. But using Windows Explorer on the laptop, I do not see these new folders. How is it that some old files are shared yet the new ones I want to add don't want to cooperate. What have I overlooked ?

Thanks,

Jay

A:Solved: file sharing - wireless home network

I don't know about using Windows Explorer, but what happens (if you have these in the same workgroup) if you (on the laptop) go into My Network Places, click on view workgroup computers, and then double click the desktop's icon?

Or, if you're not using same workgroup, what do you get with
Start - Run - \\desktop - OK where 'desktop' is the desktop's name or IP address?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-file-sharing-wireless-home-network.414596/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I have a Dell XPS 420 with a 64 bit windows 7 pro installed. My computer has a Broadcom 802.11g wireless adapter. I can see the adapter in network adapters (It has a red cross underneath it). But I dont see this adapter in the Network and Sharing center. Can someone help me with this problem.
Thx

A:Wireless adapter not visible in Network &Sharing center

The red cross in the icon indicates that the adapter isn't connected to a wireless network. Until it does, it isn't going to appear in the "Network & Sharing Center".

If you hover your mouse over the network icon in the Notification Area beside the clock, it should indicate that Networks are Available. Click it to reveal the available networks and then "Connect" to yours.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/47871-wireless-adapter-not-visible-network-sharing-center.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I just added a 5th computer (xppro) to an unsecured wireless network running on an SMC router with an xphome and 3 98se computers that's worked flawlessly for years. The 5th computer gets the internet fine and can access files on the existing units, but I get a "log in/access denied" message when I try to transfer files to it.
Configuration of 5th computer:
Given to me so already had an admin account with no password;
I added another admin account with password-didn't help;
It's running Mcafee security which I can't turn off;
Windows firewall is turned off.

What's preventing the other computers from accessing the 5th computer?

Edit:The 5th computer is connected with a LinkSys usb adapter.

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone I have two computers I would like to share files between over a wireless network One computer is a desktop the other is a laptop Both computers use Windows XP All afternoon I have been reading about how to share files but I cannot get it to work on my computers My laptop uses my Linksys wireless router successfully to get Internet access so that is not a problem My desktop is wired to the wireless router so it also has Internet access Unfortunately I cannot seem to set up a network between the two computers successfully When Wireless Trouble Solved: Network File-Sharing I quot View workgroup computers quot on my desktop the desktop computer Solved: Wireless Network File-Sharing Trouble itself shows up and I can view its shared files But when I click Solved: Wireless Network File-Sharing Trouble quot View workgroup computers quot on my laptop I get an error message that says quot Mshome is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available quot I have been trying to troubleshoot this myself all day with no luck Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to get these computers networked nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless Network File-Sharing Trouble

Ping each computer from the other and see what you get. More than likely this is a firewall issue since both are using XP. What firewalls are running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-file-sharing-trouble.694426/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a guest House with 10 rooms

The wireless network in not secured as we are in the middle of nowhere

One guest has mentioned that she thinks her files have been accessed over the network (by another guest?)

Just wondered if there was a way to prevent this from happening instead of asking them to each turn off File Sharing when they come here

They are picking up the signal from a Netgear Extender

Thanks

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello all,

I have a file sharing problem on my home network. The set up is extremely simple:

I have a Trendnet TEW-652BRP wireless router. I have a wired desktop connected to it, and a wireless dell laptop as well. Both have perfect internet access. In this configuration, the two computers can not see eachothers shares. Pinging goes through, but no way on the shares. If I turn off wifi on the laptop, and plug it directly into the router, then everything is peachy. Network sharing goes through without a problem. Therefore, the problem is in my wireless settings.

The question is, what wireless setting could be preventing me from seeing shares on my home network?

Thank you,

A:Trendnet TEW-652BRP wireless network sharing problem

I have recently seen the same problem on a NAS sharing - not working on wireless
It was fixed by a firmware update on the router - Netgear

see here
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/901882-solved-nas-device-not-seen.html#post7207519

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trendnet-tew-652brp-wireless-network-sharing-problem.901997/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all,
My printer is connected to computerA which is connected through ethernet to computerB which connects to a wireless network. The wireless network has an internet connection and also serves several laptops, unfortunately the laptops cannot "see" computerA on the network and consequently cannot use the shared printer, the internet connection is available the on all computers. The one laptop runs windowXP and everything else uses windows7. ComputerB has no trouble using the printer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Sharing printer through mixed wired/wireless network

Can you ping computerA from one of the laptops on the wireless connections.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/94005-sharing-printer-through-mixed-wired-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have two computers connected to each other through a netgear DG G Wireless router One of them is connected to it by Ethernet and is running Windows XP Home Edition SP Office The other is connected Wirelessly and is running XP Pro SP Down stairs They are both able to connect to the internet and are both able to ping each other However they do not sharing network, working ping. on to not able File wireless appear in each others workgroups even though in the network wizard i chose the same workgroup name Windows firewall on both is disabled how ever firewall File sharing not working on wireless network, able to ping. in router is turned on I ran a nbtstat -n on on the one connected by ethernet Office and it gave me Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status -------------------------------------------- OFFICE lt gt UNIQUE Registered TORWOOD lt gt GROUP Registered OFFICE lt gt UNIQUE Registered TORWOOD lt E gt File sharing not working on wireless network, able to ping. GROUP Registered TORWOOD lt D File sharing not working on wireless network, able to ping. gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered However when i run this on the down stairs one it says Failed to access the netBT driver NetBT driver may not be loaded Any help appreciated Thanks Ben nbsp

A:File sharing not working on wireless network, able to ping.

Enable NETBIOS over TCP/IP for 2K/XP
Right click Network Neighborhood
Select Properties
Right click your Internet Connection (ex. Local Area Connection)
Select Properties
Make sure Client for Microsoft Networks, and File and Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks are SELECTED.
Highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
Click Properties
Click Advanced
Select the WINS Tab Above
Make sure Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP is SELECTED

Click OK and Close Network Connections Window.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-sharing-not-working-on-wireless-network-able-to-ping.628482/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone.
Can someone please explain to me indetail how to set up a wireless home network with internet, file and printer sharing on it
I have a windows Xp Home Dell Dimension 9100 that has the internet and printer connected to it and i want two laptops to be able to use the net and printer and share their files on the Dell. One laptop is a Toshiba Tecra Te2100 running Xp Pro and the other is a Hp Compaq nx5000 also running Xp pro.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-file-and-printer-sharing-on-wireless-network.46427/
Relevancy 58.91%

i have a home network with 2 laptops, a desktop & a wireless router. all the computers are connected wirelessly. the internet works fine on all the computers, but i want to know how can i share files between computers? e.g. can a send a word document from my desktop to my laptop through the wireless network? or can i play mp3 files from my desktop on my laptop through the wireless network? how do i go about setting up this configuration? 2 of the computers are running windows vista & the other one is windows xp home sp 2.
thanks troy

A:sharing files & folders on wireless home network?

This TCP/IP Home Networking and File Sharing Tutorial should get you started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharing-files-folders-on-wireless-home-network.601968/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a Belkin N1 vision router and a desktop with a n1 desktop wireless adapter. Now i have been having a problem with my desktop. The card connects to the router no problem, but the internet is really slow taking between 10-15 min to fully load a page, if it does at all. All other wireless devices work fine on the network.

I have just disabled the security on the router and bobs your uncle i have fully working internet. Now i was using the "WPA/WPA2-personal" setting, so what setting should i use as this is obviuosly affecting my desktop.

A:help with security settings on wireless network.

Sounds like you need updated drivers on the laptop if encryption is working but very slow.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-security-settings-on-wireless-network.912744/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi

I'm having 2 computers: a Desktop and a laptop, both has Windows XP. The desktop is connected to the wireless router with LAN cable and the laptop connects using wireless connection.

I want to share files and printer between those computers but although I entered both computers to the same workgroup and enabled file and printer sharing I can't access one computer from the other.

Can you help me find what other settings should I change?

Thanks

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello Everyone I hope someone can give me some suggestions I have one PC Windows XP SP and Wireless on network file dies home large sharing when a Mac G Wireless dies when sharing large file on home network quad OSX both connected wirelessly to the same Lynksys wireless router The PC has share folder active and in the mac I can get access to the PC shared Folder via Finder gt Network gt mynetwork gt Share Docs I can place files in this folder in both computers and I can access them in both computers too Now here is the problem If while using the mac I access the PC shared docs and try to move a large file MB into the Mac s desktop the file beings to move but then the wireless connection AT THE PC resets as if I had disable the wireless connection and enabled it again The mac then stops moving the file and gives me this error ---- The finder cannot complete the operation because some data in quot quot could not be read or Wireless dies when sharing large file on home network written ---- This only happens with large files The PC does not have the windows firewall on however Avast on-access scan is on It seems something is happening that triggers the PC wireless card to reset itself Wireless dies when sharing large file on home network when trying to move this large file between the computers This is driving me crazy Any suggestions Thanks NLD nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-dies-when-sharing-large-file-on-home-network.624609/
Relevancy 58.48%

There are 2 machines in the same workgroup/wireless network.  No intention to create a homegroup.  A new user is created on each machine as password protected sharing is enabled.   Both machines are able to see each other in the
same workgroup/wireless network.  Both are in the same location(Work, Home, Public) network.  This is the Network and Sharing Centre.
This is the prompt.  Not able to enter the user ID, password to access the public document folders on the machine.

This is the sharing properties of the public documents folder.

Please provide steps to resolve the issue. Same error prompt, sharing properties on both machines. Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3b381034-f9e1-4903-9f46-bbc41972e377/public-documents-folders-sharing-among-machines-in-wireless-network?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.48%

We have three 64 bit Window 7 machines on an Ethernet wireless/wired router (ASUS WL-520GC). Worked great? one of the three computers hosts a USB printer and shares with no problems (via a HomeGroup).

We had a broadband power line modem on the same Ethernet network connection and all three computers had sharing of the WAN internet? then we lost our internet connection capability when our supplier went bust!

We are now using a Verizon Wireless USB 720 broadband modem on the same computer that hosts the printer. That computer has internet connection and works fine. We cannot get the remaining two computers to see the internet.

Bridging the Verizon USB ?Home? network and the Ethernet ?Public? network doesn?t seem to work because we can?t set the local area network to ?Home.?

Any suggestions?

A:Internet sharing a Verizon Wireless USB modem and an Ethernet network

If I was going to use a Verizon USB modem on a network, I would use a router that you plug the modem into. Check out http://www.cradlepoint.com/ or do a Google search. I remember seeing routers for USB modems (cell service) for as low as $35, but most users recommend Cradlepoint routers.

If you are still on the Verizon 30 trial, you should check out http://www.millenicom.com/, Millenicom has no contract and much higher usage caps, even unlimited using Verizon and Sprint service.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/219543-internet-sharing-verizon-wireless-usb-modem-ethernet-network.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I thought I might add this thread for those who are facing the "Page load fail " with losing wireless connection.

The problem is with the QUTIL.DLL file that is most likely corrupted and damaged.
To be sure go to run > cmd > ipconfig /all > enter
an error msg will popup stating the dll file name "QUTIL.DLL"

if so just replace it with a fresh new QUTIL.DLL file.
Restart
you will regain the wirless network connection on your notification bar and will manage to connect and you will regain access to the Network and Sharing page

Regards

A:Network and Sharing page load fail + Wireless connection off

You are a lifesaver...however, I have one novice question. Exactly how do you replace the file with the new file? Step by step instructions would be great. Thanks so much for posting this and saving me days of research!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/204768-network-sharing-page-load-fail-wireless-connection-off.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey there everyone Hoping you guys can give me a hand here and tell me what im missing or doing wrong Basically theres of us in a house and were hoping we can share files with each other Weve SKY broadband UK ISP and they give you a netgear wireless router as far as i know theres people on XP and on vista all connecting wirelessly to the sharing network up setting home on a wireless file/folder wireless router for internet access What I want to know is how to allow us all to share folders with each other we can do the sharing part so the files are visible on our own machines however we cannot see each others machines What else setting up file/folder sharing on a home wireless network on top of all joining the same workgroup do we need to do to be able to see each others shared setting up file/folder sharing on a home wireless network folders Ive tried using the wireless network for home or small office set up wizard in XP but get to the stage asking me to shove a flash drive in the back on my setting up file/folder sharing on a home wireless network router there are no usb ports on my router so I cannot do it this way Does this stop it being possible kinda outta ideas Any help is much appreciated cheers Alex nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

My situation sounds similar to Partha s http forums techguy org networking -setting-up-wireless-lan html with some different elements in the network set up Here at work we have a wired network Using our specified range of IPs and manually assigning them on the workstation computers we re able to access the shared files on our quot server quot machine just an Wireless/Wired & troubles file network Solved: sharing XP pro machine hosting files and we can also share our itunes libraries printers locally shared files etc We have several wireless routers set to use an internet IP within our range and set to DHCP to provide access to visitors They provide Solved: Wireless/Wired network & file sharing troubles flawless internet access but no access to our LAN which is perfect Now we have a need to allow a wireless computer access to our LAN namely iTunes library sharing The router it connects to Solved: Wireless/Wired network & file sharing troubles doesn t need to allow other connections without LAN access although that would be a perk I wasn t around when the system was installed so I don t know it too intimately but I ll do the best I can -All the wired computers and routers are connected to a Port Linksys switcher -The quot server quot machine is running a VPN -All the computers in question are Solved: Wireless/Wired network & file sharing troubles running XP Pro SP Any help would be appreciated Thanks --eric nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless network. In Windows 7 you used to be able to get to it for existing wireless networks that I had previously connected to. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it? Many thanks

A:Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Settings app > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage known networks. Select a network, click Properties

Wireless Network Profiles - See in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70127-where-wireless-network-properties-window-w7.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a new Dell Inspiron Z purchased in February it has been running great until recently the internet connection wireless completely stopped working When I try to connect through settings network, Can't to ANY connect PROXY wireless Internet Explorer it says Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Can't connect to ANY wireless network, PROXY settings I Diagnose Connection Problems and this is what I get quot Windows could not automatically detect this network s proxy settings quot On Chrome I got a long list of things to do check DNS settings LAN Network etc have tried every and all checked unchecked box they advise This error shows up Error net ERR NAME NOT RESOLVED The server could not be found However I accidentally uninstalled Chrome trying to fix this problem so Internet Explorer is all I have It s been about - weeks with no internet Have tried connecting to different networks Home- AT amp T U-verse University of Texas Network restaurants etc tried restarting my computer setting my LAN settings back to normal and it still won t work Other computers work on all of the networks I ve tried it s just mine that wont Under the Control Panel this is what s listed as my System Windows Home premium Service Pack Make Dell Model INSPIRON N Z Processor Intel R Core TM i - m CPU GHz GHz Installed memory RAM GH GB useable I use McAfee for as my virus protection here is that info as well McAfee SecurityCenter Version McAfee VirusScan Version McAfee Personal Firewall Version McAfee Anti- Spam Version McAfee Parental Controls Version McAfee QuickClean and Shredder Version nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I have one laptop connected to the internet and equipped with windows XP SP2
I have a second laptop with win2000

I have both connected via an ad hoc network. I use wep encryption and the tcp/ip settings are 192.168.0.1 subnet 255.255.255.0 for the host. For the client: 192.168.0.2, 255.255.255.0, Gateway: 192.168.0.1, Dns: 192.168.0.1

I can ping to the outside world with the client (win200) pc. But I am not able to get a webpage.

Does anybody see the problem with this configuration, what do I need to do to get DNS working?

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

How do I keep 'Use windows to configure my wireless network settings' checked?

I have a wireless home network (kids computers plus my laptop) but my main desktop was wired. A couple of days ago I fitted a wireless card to the PC and now, every time I start the computer, there is no connection. What I have to do every time is check the box against 'Use windows to configure my wireless network settings'. Once this is OK'ed then the computer connects. The next time I start the computer the box has unchecked itself and I have to check it again.

As a point of interest, Wireless Zero Configuration is set to auto and is running.