Windows Support Forum

No connectivity despite excellent signal

Q: No connectivity despite excellent signal

I have been having issues connecting to the internet since Monday Sunday night it worked fine but since Monday all I get is the yellow triangle with exclamation point in it on my wireless internet icon I have tried unplugging the wireless adapter tried No despite signal connectivity excellent re-entering the password tried to repair and finally reinstalling the Belkin CD but to no avail I have two separate icons in the system tray that show my internet connectivity No connectivity despite excellent signal one for Belkin and the other for wireless network connection This is what they currently show when No connectivity despite excellent signal I mouse over them Belkin Connect to network linksys Network Type access point Encription TKIP Transfer rate Mbits sec Wireless network connection Speed Mbs Signal Strength Excellent Status Limited or No connectivity despite excellent signal no connectivity The last two lines above I believe are the issue excellent signal strength but no connection There are other computers using the same wireless internet including the laptop Im currently using with no issues so it s isolated to this one computer Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Dan nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No connectivity despite excellent signal

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: No connectivity despite excellent signal

Having both the Belkin Wireless Controller and Windows Wireless controller on at the same time could cause this. Try turning one of them off.

Not sure how to turn the Belkin off, but here is how to turn off the Windows controller.

Go into Control Panel, Administration Tools, Services.
Go to the bottom of the list to find the Windows Controller.
Wireless Zero Configuration for XP, WLAN Auto Configuration for Vista/7.
Double click on the controller name to pull up Properties Window.
On the General tab,
Next to Startup type, click the down arrow and select Disabled from the list.
At the bottom under Service status click the Stop button.
Click OK to apply the changes.

Usually the install cd gives you the choice of just loading the drivers and using the Windows Controller, which is what I did with my Belkin USB adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-connectivity-despite-excellent-signal.1075845/
Relevancy 93.31%

My signal strength shows Excellent but my internet connection comes amp goes all of a sudden I read some other post as to what they did to resolve their issue so this is my info below Please help Thank you Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users tebako gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name tebako-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled little to internet strength no signal connectivity Excellent but No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - B-B - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d e d cf d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Excellent signal strength but little to no internet connectivity Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - F-A - - - B-B - -A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E E Family PCI-E FE NI C Physical Address - F- - -CD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E A FEF-F C- - A- F FDF br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Excellent signal strength but little to no internet connectivity Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Excellent signal strength but little to no internet connectivity Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E -C B- BE -B FD-B A B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users tebako gt nbsp

A:Excellent signal strength but little to no internet connectivity

Copied this from a post by pedroguy.

Ok:This is what we know about that Atheros adapter.Boils down to two possibilities :
Encryption and or driver issue.
I think both of those are covered below.
Courtesy of ETAF and Terrynet on the Networking Forum:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atheros AR5007EG & AR5007
We have recently been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters over the last few months, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and windows Vista.

The adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
--- Please post back here if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver." That apparently has worked for some posters.

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section, as some manufactures, appear to now have a working driver available.
Toshiba - update has worked for some PCs
HP The latest HP Atheros driver dated Sept 2010 has fixed the issue - so check the driver date, However, that does NOT apply to all HPs / Compaqs machines
- the poster did an online scan for driver updates on the HP website here HP Product Detection which resulted in a solution. Solved: Can't connect to internet wirelessly - Atheros AR5007 Wifi through Clear Comm - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you can post the Make and EXACT model of your PC here, along with the windows version you have and we will see if we can find the driver and will post a link as a reply here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) A few posters here with the same issue have found that the driver from this site ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows resolved the issue
http://www.atheros.cz/
Threads are here
Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) - Tech Support Guy Forums
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...ess-local.html
Solved: NetGear WNDR3700 Incompatibilty W/ Atheros AR5700 - Tech Support Guy Forums
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...tibilty-w.html
Solved: Local connection only when connected to secured wirless - Tech Support Guy Forums
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...only-when.html
Solved: Unidentified Network - Tech Support Guy Forums
Unidentified Network
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...d-network.html
I do NOT know anything about the site mentioned ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows
http://www.atheros.cz/

However, if you do decide to try the driver, Please let us know the outcome

Direct link to the drivers are below
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " click to download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

AR5007
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wirele...et=21&system=3
Although this driver has shown up in BSODs (Blue Screen Of Death) on Vista SP2 systems, usually conflicting with updated Vista OS drivers like netio.sys, tcpip.sys and other networking related drivers.

AR5007EG
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wirele...et=22&system=3
Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-signal-strength-but-little-to-no-internet-connectivity.1011864/
Relevancy 92.45%

HELP My first time on here and I am a Connectivity Strength with Message Signal Excellent Limited computer idiot have a sony vaio laptop with wireless capabilities was able for months to connect to netgear but now get the seemingly infamous Limited Connectivity Message with Excellent Signal Strength limited connectivity even with excellent signal strength tried the above solution recommended by johnwill For these commands Start Run CMD to open a command prompt Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ip reset reset log and I was so ecstatic to see the limited connectivity go away I immediately restarted the computer as recommended but upon restarting the same limited connectivity issues came up again went through the whole routine again but noticed a funny thing although I went through the recommended actions above before I rebooted I tried to connect to the internet wirelessly thought because it showed connected and with excellent strenth no limited connectivity I could connect but could not when I go though the recommended steps by johnwill it takes about - minutes before the limited connectivity goes away but still cannot connect to the internet HELP thanks sue nbsp

A:Limited Connectivity Message with Excellent Signal Strength

Hi Sue. There are some more things we can try.

1. Do a System Restore to when the wireless worked.

2. Disable encryption on the router and connect via wireless. Assuming success, re-enable the router's encryption and reconnect the wireless computer.

3. Shut everything down. Then bring 'em up in order: modem, router, wireless computer, other computers.

4. Reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it. Repeat step 3 if needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-connectivity-message-with-excellent-signal-strength.624982/
Relevancy 68.37%

AOL broadband,

Belkin pre-n router

to Motorola wap

to Hawking pci adapter

Excellent connection, shows 5 bars, but IE does not work.

IE is ok when I use dialup.

Have no idea what's next.

Thanks, Ron [email protected]

Relevancy 67.51%

The signal appears excellent, however the internet doesn't work. Well, a few details. The router is in the basement, 3 floors up is the computer receiving the signal. I have an extender on the second floor that's 54mbps, however on the computer it says "Excellent 108Mbps" or something of the like. I'm not entirely sure what's going on, another user can connect to the wifi on the network. Any ideas?

Relevancy 67.51%

hi
i have a new toshiba laptop t-230
the wireless connection, does connect if the signal with the router is excellent or very good. if we count it with the signal green lines, it connects only wen the strength is 4-5 lines.
if is lower, even 3 (good signal) or 2 lines (fair signal) it wont connect. If i connect normally with excellent signal and move in another room with good signal, it still disconnects. my other 4 laptops and iphone in the house work fine.

1. i have uninstalled the drivers and put new ones.. same thing
2. i have formated the laptop but still no luck.
3. i have put a usb wireless card and it is working fine.

it seems that there is an issue with my atheros AR9285 card. can I ask from toshiba to replace the network card? is there anything else i havent tried?

thanks in advance

A:wireless connecting only if signal is excellent

Well, I think you hit the drivers, and another NIC works, so I'd have them replace it, seems like we're running out of other possibilities.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connecting-only-if-signal-is-excellent.952344/
Relevancy 67.51%

...I changed to virgin at the weekend. Router cd did not detect router so i phoned them and did it manually.....5 mins later it wouldn't connect again, this is the same for all 3 laptops i have. I've since been on phone all weekend to virgin without sucess. One guy said to send off all my laptops as they have a problem!!! I've messed about and messed about even more on phone with them. Took my laptops round my dads and now they won't even connect with his which they used to do. Virgin won't send anyone to me they are sending new router. I'm going mad!! Help me please!! PS, they all worked fine on Sky till this weekend.

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, Im extremely frustrated with this problem.I am using a built in atheros
AR5005G network adaptor and cannot connect to my router at home. I have checked the DHCP to make sure its enabled and the router seems to be set up fine. All i get is a limited connection with excellent signal. It says acquiring IP address then hits limited connectivity. The laptop can connect to all other networks I have tried (relatives, friends) but wont connect at home. Other laptops in the house connect though. Any help would be appreciated. And the laptop that wont connect is a toshiba sattelite L25.

Thanks

A:Limited Connection with Excellent signal

Go to Start/Run and type CMD and hit enter. In the Command Prompt type in Ipconfig /all the Default Gateway is the IP address of your router. Now ping the router. Now type Ping and the IP address of the Default Gateway. You should get a reply. If it times out, then restart the modem, router, and PC.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/limited-connection-with-excellent-signal-403743.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have configured my Belkin wireless card to static ip and dns like the working laptop I have going I can ping and it comes back success I can not however ping the router or the strength Ping excellent even Can't signal with out the laptop on the network I checked the network connections utility and IP is set up ok The windows screen shows packets sent and received There are green bars in signal strength indicator I can not browse or get any web action or email My question is this How can windows say all is well when I can t even do a basic Can't Ping out even with the signal strength excellent ping to the router I have a Hijack file for you i it helps I saw some interesting web and assorted items in the middle that look suspicious Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer Can't Ping out even with the signal strength excellent v SP Running processes Can't Ping out even with the signal strength excellent D WINDOWS System smss exe D WINDOWS system winlogon exe D WINDOWS system services exe D WINDOWS system lsass exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe D Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe D WINDOWS System wuauclt exe D Documents and Settings Eric Entin Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - D WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run bcmwltry bcmwltry exe O - HKLM Run removecpl RemoveCpl exe O - HKLM Run SSBkgdUpdate quot D Program Files Common Files Scansoft Shared SSBkgdUpdate SSBkgdupdate exe quot -Embedding -boot O - HKLM Run PaperPort PTD D Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe O - HKLM Run IndexSearch D Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort IndexSearch exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk D Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - D WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - D WINDOWS web related htm O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip F A - AC - DE- AB- BAD E NameServer nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

I cannot connect to any networks in my area I know the passwords and the signal strength is at a full bars but when I choose connect to a network gt choose a network gt type in the password - limited to no connectivity is what follows This puzzles me because the signal strength is very good and still I cannot access the Internet I tried this with three seperate secured networks I have the right password for all of them And they all did Connectivity, Assistance! of no need Internet. And In Excellent not work the passwords I must remind you were all correct The signals range from bars to bars for Excellent Connectivity, And no Internet. In need of Assistance! the few that I tried connecting to There is a non-secured network I am able to connect to but it s only at a strength of out of bars But it only shows up when I place the laptop by a window - and it works just fine I am very confused with these secured networks If I can find a way to use the stronger signals then I won t have to cram myself into the corner by my window every day maybe somebody could help shed some light on my situation Thankyou nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Alright, Im not really an expert on computer stuff so if you can help speak english please ^^
I use wireless for my computer, and the other day my internet just stopped working. Now it wont connect to the Access Point. I tried hooking up my wire from my Xbox to it and it wont let me get online from there either. Can anyone out there help?

Relevancy 66.65%

hi all, im having this weird problem for 5 days now, its really driving me crazy, so i have an alienware laptop, never had any problem before, this problem only happend about 5 days ago, everytime i start my laptop the network works fine, but after about 15 mins, the wifi automatically disconnects although the signal indicates excellent, i cannot browse internet or run anything that is connected to network, only by restarting my laptop can fix this; one thing funny about this is that if i open any sort of web page before this problem occurs, i can still browse that certain web page even after this problem occurs; ive tried to flush dns, reset net interface, obtain ip address manually, none of them worked, so here im hoping that somebody on this forum can help me out.

A:wifi no internet access with excellent signal

I would think about resetting the router if you haven't done so already. After resetting the router go through the wireless settings again, set your SSID, password and also use WPA2 security with AES encryption.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/232845-wifi-no-internet-access-excellent-signal.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have wireless internet through Time Warner Cable. We use an Apple Airport for our internet connection. I have brought a client's laptop home to do some work on it as it has the software I need to use for the project I am doing for them. It is a Gateway laptop that usually functions in a wireless environment of a Linksys Router. It says that I have excellent Signal Strength but there is no connection to the internet. I called Time Warner and it is not a problem on their end. I called Apple and was on hold for 45 minutes only to be told there was nothing they could do since our Mac Laptop is working fine.

I am not computer illiterate but I am not a computer whiz either so please explain more advanced suggestions. THANKS!

A:Excellent Signal Strength No Internet Connection

Hello and welcome to TSF

I think Your question might be better answered in a Networking forum:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f134/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/excellent-signal-strength-no-internet-connection-194454.html
Relevancy 66.65%

So I have a wireless network setup in our 4 bedroom apartment and I am connecting wirelessly on my desktop with a usb drive(hub is in another room). Half of the time I will have an excellent connection at 54Mbps, and then for whatever reason, will just plummet to 1Mbps but still says excellent signal strength. Right now its working perfectly fine, however an hour or so from now, will probably crash randomly. I have a feeling its my firewall because its disabled right now, but im not sure. Any other ideas?

A:Signal Strength = Excellent, Speed = 1 Mbps

Make sure you have the latest driver for the wireless adapter.

Could be the adapter or router beginning to fail. How to recover after the bandwidth plummets?

In an apartment building there are lots of opportunities for wireless interference, such as from 2.4Ghz cordless phones and other networks on the same or close channel.

Firewalls either block or not; I have never heard of them affecting speed as in your symptoms.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/signal-strength-excellent-speed-1-mbps.615141/
Relevancy 66.65%

Alright TSGers, I need your help for this one.
I have 5 wireless PCs and a Linksys WRT160N router. 2 PCs are using Wireless-N Cards and the others are using Wireless-G. The problem is that they all connect to the router and have excellent signal strength but the speed is horrible. Even in the same room on wireless the speeds are horrible. However, when you connect directly to the router, speeds are out of this world. Any ideas? This is happening on multiple routers. (Netgear Wireless-N, Linksys WRT150N) What could the interference be?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Excellent Signal and Horrible Speeds

Did you try changing channels?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excellent-signal-and-horrible-speeds.698085/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello I am using a desktop PC with a wireless USB stick attached in order to connect to the internet via a wireless router however although it states that I am connected with excellent signal strength it continues to show a warning sign over the wireless connection signal bars ON with connection the signal cannot excellent though. use strength, wireless internet THE DESKTOP TRAY ONLY wireless connection with excellent signal strength, cannot use the internet though. I can t surf the web on my desktop or on my IPAD through the wireless connection in which both devices detect I have a Sitecom wireless router I would appreciate some help many thanks Nick Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce LE Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard wireless connection with excellent signal strength, cannot use the internet though. NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL GA- TRC M-NF Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:wireless connection with excellent signal strength, cannot use the internet though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-with-excellent-signal-strength-cannot-use-the-internet-though.1034134/
Relevancy 66.22%

i had 130 mbps  speed test 8.45 and 1.99 and another 9.35 ans 2.20
i can see movies and download 569 mb in 3 min.
but when see streaming live tv the signal is dropping every 10 min.

A:excellent signal 130 mpbs in 3000 dimension dell

A family member was experiencing the same causing freezing in special top boxes using XBMC for FTA. It appears to be throtteling done by the ISP for whatever reasons.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550925/excellent-signal-130-mpbs-in-3000-dimension-dell/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi connected Wireless with not internet signal excellent but working I have just tried to set up a wireless internet connection on my laptop but even though my computer tells me that my wireless connection is working Wireless connected with excellent signal but internet not working with excellent signal internet explorer simply comes up with the message Cannot display etc I am really rubbish with computers so please could you explain everything in extremely easy terms Thank-you I saw someone asking for this information on another post don t know whether it will help C Documents and Settings Janina Luszowicz gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name dude Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List RP v Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix RP v Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Eth ernet Controller Physical Address - F-B - C- -B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September C Documents and Settings Janina Luszowicz gt nbsp

A:Wireless connected with excellent signal but internet not working

Well, that is the IPCONFIG from a wired computer, the one from the failing computer is the one we need to see.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connected-with-excellent-signal-but-internet-not-working.624666/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi. I've recently replaced an antenna to my wirelss router/print server. While it shows a good speed and either very good or excellent connection, I keep getting 'Limited or No Connection' when trying to access my secure network from my laptop. I can access other's networks so I know it's not the laptop. Similary, I am online on a separate PC so I know it's not the cable modem. I recently moved and am wondering if I need to change the IPs, etc. I did not change any of my service providers so I was hoping for a smooth transition. I appreaciate any feedback. Oh yeah, I've already power cycled and no luck.

Thanks

Relevancy 66.22%

I have an intermittent problem with one of my PCs on my wireless home network. While I always have excellent signal strength, most of the time I can not connect to the internet. All the other computers on my wireless network work fine and I can always connect to my neighbors wireless network to get internet access with the problem PC(A dell latitude E6410 with windows 7). When I have no internet access on my network and I run some diagnostics it says that my default gateway is not available. Any suggestions on what might be the issue and how to resolve the issue?

A:Excellent wireless signal strenght, but no internet access

Welcome to TSG>
Could be a lot of things.
Did this ever work ?
If so what changed?Hardware/software ?>
May we see:
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.
Disable encryption on the router.Any difference ?
May we also see:
Wifi test exe. Hint from Johnwill

Download and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspecto from
www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
on the problem machine. Post a screen shot of the main screen here.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button
to upload it here.

Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_...g_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-wireless-signal-strenght-but-no-internet-access.1000387/
Relevancy 66.22%

My computer is not connecting to the internet, despite the network I'm trying to connect to having "Excellent Signal Strength."

My computer is running Windows 7 64-bit, 6GB of RAM and 1TB HDD.

I can't figure out any logical reason why I shouldn't be able to connect to the internet.

Some info:
-The wireless router was replaced recently (brand new one)
-The new network and password are not the problem (as in I've connected to this network before).
-I tried troubleshooting (and to no surprise, Windows troubleshooting tools were no help at all).
-This is a wireless connection

I don't have any idea what could be causing this. Another computer in the same house, as well as cell phones can connect to the network fine.

A:Limited Access to network with "Excellent Signal Strength"

Anyone? This doesn't seem like a difficult issue. I can't find the answer with a google search, but a forum for pc help should be able to help me figure it out, I think.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569777/limited-access-to-network-with-excellent-signal-strength/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, I've got a basic wi fi setup here with a router and my laptop, an it was working great up until the other day when I switched the computer on and it came up with the usual 90something percent signal strength, but "limited or no connection". This has only happened to me before when I've been too far away or obstructed from the router. I know the router is fine because this computer (a different one) works with it fine, but mine doesn't.

Any suggestions? I feel like I've tried everything.

Thanks.

A:Solved: Limited or no connection on excellent signal strength??

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-limited-or-no-connection-on-excellent-signal-strength.586546/
Relevancy 66.22%

We have computers excellent Laptop Solved: signal to gets won't connect internet but in the house - a Solved: Laptop gets excellent signal but won't connect to internet desktop and a laptop The desktop was connected to the modem and the laptop was wireless The laptop worked fine up until about the time we went wireless with the desktop We started getting intermittent internet access on both computers getting error messages that said quot Firefox can t find server quot but would reboot the machine or reset unplug and replug the modem and router which seemed to work for a little while Now the desktop seems to be working fine but the laptop won t connect to the internet at all It just says quot Firefox cannot find server for website quot However the wireless signal strength is excellent Here is the equipment I am using Arris touchstone telephony modem Netgear rangemax wireless router Dell Dimension desktop with Windows XP Compaq Presario V laptop with Windows XP Here is the full error message using the firefox browser Address not found Firefox can t find the server at website The browser could not find the host server for the provided address And using Internet Explorer The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable The web site might be experiencing technical difficulties or you may need to adjust your browser settings Any help would be greatly appreciated I can t live without my laptop Thanks you nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Linkysys Wireless Router connected through an Ethernet Card to my Desktop PC (PC1) on which Internet works properly. I have another Desktop PC at home (PC2) with wireless card. I get the signals on PC2 (with messages like "Signal: Excellent" or "Good", but I am unable to access Internet on PC2. Neither IE nor Yahoo Msngr or any other internet interface works.

Please help.
Thanks
Mahesh

A:Wireless Router signal Excellent, but wont connect to Internet!

In the router setup, enable internet access for wireless devices perhaps?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-router-signal-excellent-but-wont-connect-to-internet.48068/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi My problem is similar to this one http forums techguy org networking -wireless-network-detected-but-internet html I was able to get the internet on my laptop last night after installing a Belkin wireless card The problems arose when I installed the latest version of IE A version I have of Firefox also will not connect to the internet I have followed the instructions given in the above problem such as resetting the Winsock etc I also typed the following command in CMD IPCONFIG ALL and it brought up the following in case this might be able to shed some light on what is causing the problem Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings John Kelly gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name DD F Q J Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Belkin g Network Adapter Physical Address signal network IE/Firefox detected won't & but connect excellent Wireless - - - F- E-A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July I would really appreciate any advice Wireless network detected & signal excellent but IE/Firefox won't connect thank you nbsp

A:Wireless network detected & signal excellent but IE/Firefox won't connect

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-detected-signal-excellent-but-ie-firefox-wont-connect.846519/
Relevancy 64.93%

I had some viruses/malware that I was able to kill using rkill.com freeware. Ever since, I have had no internet conectivity although signal is excellent. Any help is very appreciated!!!

Below is the ipconfig/all data:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff Blade>IPCONFIG/all
Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DellLaptop
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : hsd1.in.comcast.net.
Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : hsd1.in.comcast.net.
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Dell Wireless 1490 Dual Band WLAN Mi
ni-Card
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-19-7D-38-04-76
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.102
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:51:48 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 11:51:48 AM
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff Blade>

A:Solved: Wireless signal 'excellent', but 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpag

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-signal-excellent-but-internet-explorer-cannot-display-the-webpag.997384/
Relevancy 64.93%

This started right after i upgraded itunes on my laptop, which i never do because nothing good has ever happened from that. So after i tried to upgrade, which said it couldn't complete, i turn off my computer and when i turned it back on it took longer to load and a message came up saying "Error access violation at 0x22173148 (tried to read from 0x00000060) program terminated" i've never seen that before so obviously something's wrong, the internet doesn't connect and when i click on my wireless connection icon it says "another application is controlling wireless adapter". Intelproset wireless says its searching for a connection and sometimes finds the secure one i have but and will say "excellent signal quality" but a few seconds later says "error in connection". So i'm using another computer in my house, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:Solved: Error access violation, no internet connection but says signal is excellent X

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-error-access-violation-no-internet-connection-but-says-signal-is-excellent-x.778029/
Relevancy 64.93%

Alienware X-51
Win 7 Home Premium SP1
Thompson TG585 v8 Modem /WPA2-PSK

Scope of Problem:
This is a Desktop LOADING based problem.
NOT a connection dropping, fading while in use problem.
Other Devices work fine.
Same problem with previous Modem.

Problem:
Login.
Wireless icon shows spinning busy symbol.
If it connects fine, then it will Remain fine until the next Restart

If connect fails then yellow exclamation mark shows over TaskBar Icon.
Viewing connection it shows as Limited Access, but signal strength is 5 Bars
A Manual Disconnect, then reConnect will always establish a working connection (sometimes needs two attempts).

Signal Strength is ALWAYS Excellent, No other devices have issues with WiFi.

This is a persistent and long term problem which has "survived" improved Modem placement , ISP directed settings changes, and a new Modem.

[ Other threads all seem to be about No Connection OR Dropping/Fading/Poor Connection. This isn't ].

A:WiFi Limited Access, Signal Strength Excellent, works if I reconnect

Modem was the problem.

Recently the Thomson V8 was replaced with a telco provided Huawei HG630B.
The issue disappeared instantly, there is now just a little lag and then connection.

So problem solved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/322706-wifi-limited-access-signal-strength-excellent-works-if-i-reconnect.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My Winbook U100 will not connect to my wireless network even though I just returned from a trip where it connected to other networks with no extra effort on my part. When I left two weeks ago, it connect fine. The card is an 802.11bgn 1T2R Mini Card. I am running Windows XP Home and have 2GB ram and 160 GB hard drive. The card keeps trying to connect my network stating 54Mps and Excellent signal strength; however, the View Available Wireless Networks does not show any networks in range. The netbook is sitting within three feet of the modem and router. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this madding situation?

A:Wireless Card Shows 54Mbs and Excellent Signal Strength and still will not connect

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-card-shows-54mbs-and-excellent-signal-strength-and-still-will-not-connect.955020/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have 2 PC's and a laptop, laptop on wireless as well as one of my PC's, it always show im connected to a network and my signal strength is excellent however when I load IE it shows paige will not display or not a valid address grrr. Please speak in lamens terms haha! Also it seems to disconnect over and over again. Any suggestions is very much appreciated!

A:Vista Basic Excellent signal but wed paige will not display. Using trendnet router

Please follow the first steps here to post in the Malware forums: http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-basic-excellent-signal-but-wed-paige-will-not-display-using-trendnet-router-524393.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi everyone, having a few problems with my laptop which have not happened before.
The webpages take a while to start loading and the wireless is forever dropping signal when in same room as router.
Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

A:Browser pages slow to start loading and wireless drops with excellent signal

Which browser is affected?
Same issue if you use Ethernet cable?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495408/browser-pages-slow-to-start-loading-and-wireless-drops-with-excellent-signal/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello there,

I've been having this problem for awhile now, my wireless connection periodically goes and reads "No Internet Access", despite still be "connected" to my connection, with 5 bars "Excellent" signal. The only quick"fix" I've found helps is "renewing my IP"(ipconfig /renew), and when doing so I get the message (see attached picture).

Despite the "error message", this still fixes it, causing my connection symbol to turn into a refresh symbol, and ~5 sec later the is gone and my connection is "restored".

But how can I fix this for good, what is wrong? I can only assume that my GATEWAY is scrambling IPs, and every so often (about 30-45 minutes) it does this, and I have to "reset my IP", but im CLUELESS.

Please help!

Thank you SO much!

A:wireless periodically "No Internet Access", 5 bars EXCELLENT signal

Attached is a screenshot of IPCONFIG /ALL immediately after using the IPCONFIG /RENEW cmd, and "restoring my internet access"..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366971-wireless-periodically-no-internet-access-5-bars-excellent-signal.html
Relevancy 59.77%

We have a Belkin router hooked up to our desktop and cable modem, and two laptops using that wireless connection. As of tonight, all our computers are failing to make this connection. I'm online now thanks to an unsecured connection I was able to hook into.

The icon in the lower right of the screen tells us, "Signal Strength: Excellent; Status: Connected." What could possibly be going wrong?

This isn't a problem with Wireless Zero Configuration, incidentally; my wife had that problem in the past, but that isn't it. Our three computers all insist we're connected just fine, yet no websites will come up on any of them.

Any theories? How could I even know where to begin?

Thanks.

A:Solved: No wireless connection even though it says "connected; signal strength excellent"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-wireless-connection-even-though-it-says-connected-signal-strength-excellent.436743/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a problem right now with my other computer connecting to the internet This same problem happened before a couple of months ago What s happening is apparently internet-dependent functions such as gadgets do update correctly and it says I m connected to our network and in fact it currently says the signal strength is quot excellent quot Other computers in our house are connected just fine so the problem is not the signal the router or modem etc Yet none of the browsers will connect I have tried Firefox Chrome and Internet Explorer They all say unable to connect to server When it happened before I did a system restore and it temporarily fixed the problem for about hrs and then it would happen don't browsers connect "excellent" Internet signal Solved: but again and I would do another restore Solved: Internet signal "excellent" but browsers don't connect until a few Solved: Internet signal "excellent" but browsers don't connect times into this cycle and the restore quot bandaid quot did not work to fix the problem anymore At my wits end I was about to go ahead and boot from my system image disks and just restore everything back to that point and mysteriously the internet worked properly again right before I resorted to the extreme solution I m hoping I won t have to resort to that this time but system restore is not resolving the problem whatever it is at all Any ideas what s going on and how I can fix this without resetting my computer I m running Windows Ultimate bit nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I don't know where Wi-Fi Access" periodically, signal.. Excellent Internet "No I should start my search for answers to my problem so I'll start here in hopes "No Internet Access" periodically, Excellent Wi-Fi signal.. that it may be something with Windows I'm sitting right beside my ARRIS TG G wireless modem I've tried connecting via ethernet cord and it just would not work but "No Internet Access" periodically, Excellent Wi-Fi signal.. regardless I have bars of signal Excellent over Wi-Fi connected through WPA -Personal this NEVER changes I don't receive any lag when playing World of Warcraft and if I do it doesnt affect my gameplay at all However periodically and I'd say its almost every minutes now I disconnect from WoW and when I go to my desktop my Wi-Fi signal says Excellent but now my connection displays the message quot No Internet Access quot I've found the quick fix for this opening CMD prompt and typing ipconfig renew and although I get the message that basically ipconfig cant work quot without the devices plugged in quot which I've assumed just means because I'm on wireless immediately my connection switches to the quot loading icon quot then comes back to display my bar signal and now no longer displaying this message and restoring my access to the internet Given this information how periodically it is how I fix it and the fact that I have an excellent steady signal what could be causing these frequent disconnect and my connection quot losing internet access quot Thank you so much ahead of time I just can't figure this out and its becoming a nuisance as I'm in groups with others and I disconnect

A:"No Internet Access" periodically, Excellent Wi-Fi signal..

this is my ipconfig /all without the problem occurring

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/365738-no-internet-access-periodically-excellent-wi-fi-signal.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Reloaded xp on dell Latitude d610 - reloaded all drivers. Network connection states excellent connection however browsers state no connectivity.

A:Network connection states excellent connection but browsers state no connectivity

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-states-excellent-connection-but-browsers-state-no-connectivity.991690/
Relevancy 57.62%

I m fairly ignorant to how computers work My computer is about years old it s a Dell was at that time it s a desktop I use quot Broadstripe quot cable internet company Not my choice mbps Signal is speed 1 to mbps? 8 excellent is and live with my mom Not sure of the internet Signal is excellent and speed is 1 mbps to 8 mbps? speed she purchased Probably the cheapest knowing her I did purchase a somewhat Signal is excellent and speed is 1 mbps to 8 mbps? expensive router It s a quot N wireless dual band router quot Model WNDR v I m using a USB wireless netgear connector The signal strength is very good to excellent But the speed is very slow Between mbps to mbps during a good minute And the internet connection goes out frequently About times since I Started this question Does anybody know whats wrong or if there is any thing I can do to help speed up the computer Changing cable internet company is out of the question as it is not my house Would a different type of wireless connector help What about a Ad Hoc connection My son has a wireless ready laptop that runs just fine on the internet as well as all the other wireless ready laptops in the house My desktop is about about feet from the router Any help is appreciated

A:Signal is excellent and speed is 1 mbps to 8 mbps?

From a quick look at you post, I think you are not using the right driver for the USB adapter. Also, XP has to be up to date to work with wireless.Does the computer have an Ethernet card?Can you possibly get an Ethernet cable and run it directly from the tourer to you old XP computer? If you can do that, you will have to do the Internet Wizard again so that it includes the Ethernet card in the network.Older versions of XP that are not up to date only work with Ethernet. Unless you disable wireless security. Which is a bad idea. Windows XP has a hard time with wireless security.However, I am not sure that would fix lour problem. Sometimes you have to do the XP Network wizard three times before it comes out right.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,146456.0.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a DSL connection running through a Hawking HWR54G Wireless router. Sometimes one of the computers, a pc, will get a strong signal but there is limited or no connectivity. I try the repair option but it stalls out when trying to renew the ip address. The other computer, an iBook. seems to have the same problem. It shows a strong signal but it won't connect. Meanwhile my computer, which is right next to the router has no problems. If I turn off the router and modem and then restart them the problem seems to resolve itself. This happens quite frequently. Should I have to reboot the router and modem this often nd why isn't my computer affected?

Relevancy 54.18%

hi everyone please help me with this network issue ive seen couple of simillar issues but the solutions apply only to them my cousin has been trying to access my wireless network when we connect from his laptop and type in the key for my router it perfectly connects but then his wireless connection says quot connectivity or SIGNAL STRONG Yet limited no limited or no connectivity quot MY WIRELESS NETWORK AND MY PC info Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - limited or no connectivity Yet STRONG SIGNAL Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings bernis gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name xXbernisXx Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - - -F -DD-ED Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday October PM Lease Expires Monday October PM C Documents and Settings bernis gt HIS LAPTOP info system Microsoft Windows XP Proffesional Version Service pack C Documents and Settings xp gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name dell-d Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Intergrated Controller Physical Address - C- -B - - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - E- C- - C- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings xp gt and he uses DELL WIRELESS WLAN CARD UTILITY nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I have three desktops and one lap I have TWC RCA low wireless strenth connectivity/signal modem and cisco linksys router and two usb adapters for wireless connection not sure if you can help with this situation is this the modem and router are at one end of the house and one of the pc s is located at the other end that one wireless low connectivity/signal strenth gets low wireless low connectivity/signal strenth signal strength only one or two bars and the internet works slowly to a point it feels like i m on dial up I ve had people tell me to upgrade the router from wrt g to n which I did to an e but I still have the same issue also was told to move the modem and router to the center of the house but twc says that would not correct the issue something about dividing the mpbs and the farther the pc the lower the signal so guess my question would be does that sound correct to you would it be better to move the modem and router would it be better to have the one in question wired in I did try an extender by netgear which gave more bars signal strength but but then would not connect to the internet but I did that before I got newer linksys router not sure if maybe I should try the extender again but then the geek squad when they came an set up the new router said that it would probably do the same thing Any thoughts here would be appreciated thanks also or should I contact twc and increase something like bandwidth or nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I m using a laptop and desktop side by side connecting to a router by LAN cable and wireless The desktop computer connects by cable thru the router to the internet without problem but about weeks ago my laptop stopped getting an internet connection The computer is connecting to the router but no further I have spent the last few weeks checking cables reinstalling drivers and trying plug in cable LAN cards to no avail At the start of the problem I connected to the internet by dialup and although I appeared to connect there was no communication I have currently installed a Realtek RTL X family fast ethernet NIC Intel Pro wireless BG and a Netgear FA TX Fast ethernet PC Card The IP addresses on the laptop all start with Limited but Connectivity signal strong and I have tried to renew thru the command prompt but I get the message quot An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket quot I m Limited Connectivity but strong signal confused as I appear to connect by several means but get no communication any one got any ideas nbsp

A:Limited Connectivity but strong signal

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-connectivity-but-strong-signal.620740/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi there I ve got a Belkin G Wireless USB Adaptor Model No F D and I m using it with a Netgear DG N Rangemax ADSL Modem Wireless-N Router My laptop is in my bedroom and is two rooms away from the router which is connectivity wireless with & Problems signal in my housemates room or so metres I can t get a decent signal in my room but if I extend the USB cable of the Belkin adaptor and stick it out on the landing - I get full signal However even Problems with wireless signal & connectivity though I get full signal half of the websites I normally go Problems with wireless signal & connectivity on don t load up and it just says Can t Find Server I ve connected directly to the router with an ethernet cable to make sure it s not the router blocking the websites and I can access them fine Also my internet connection is stable when I m on the ethernet cable But when I try and access the same websites with the wireless it has major issues One of the main websites it won t load up is google - and there are quite a few other sites as well This is frustrating cause it suggests there s a problem with connectivity as far as the Belkin Wireless adaptor is concerned My housemate has the same Belkin adaptor as me and he couldn t get those websites either and he s now connected to the router via ethernet Another problem is that I have to configure the adaptor using the Belkin Utility software in order to connect to the router and can only do this when the adaptor is nearer to the router For some reason windows won t configure it at all So three major issues - bad signal many websites not loading up properly or at all and trouble configuring the Belkin adaptor Can anyone suggest what the problem is and what I can do about it Thanks Tim PS There s another problem I ve been experiencing tonight Every now and then I lose connectivity and I have to reconnect Why nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

So my problem is probably pretty simple and im just over looking something. or it may be the whole Vista OS kicking my butt. I have a Laptop which i mainly only use for games. I recently moved into the Barraks on the base, which happens to hve free public wifi. it was working good for about 3 days then it cut out for no visible reason. i always have 4-5 bars and now when i connect it trys to connect for a minute or so. then it becomes unidentified network with limited or no connectivity. i've tried most things i can think of, manually setting the IP, rolling back the wireless driver, updating the driver, reconnecting, tried letting windows repair connecton. all to no avail. i cannot access the router or i would try resetting that. basically i have run out of ideas. and ideas i havent tried?

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a wireless connection using a USB wireless network adapter The other computer main one Limited signal connectivity , strength good connected directly is Limited connectivity , good signal strength fine and is connected to the internet with no problems However this is the issue with the other Status Limited to no Limited connectivity , good signal strength connectivity Signal strength About - bars Packets Windows Zero Configuration needs to be Enabled EVERY TIME the Limited connectivity , good signal strength computer is switched on or this problem continues and internet is unavailable Once I enable it it connects to the network If I go in to Administrative Tools then Services and look up Windows Zero Configuration the startup type is Automatic I ve done the sensible things like uninstalling the network adapter and reinstalling it I have disabled the Startup type and then made it automatic Stopped and started service status Nevertheless when I restart the computer the same problem occurs I have got to sort this out as doing this over and over is not feasible this is a work computer that isn t even mine and I m the only one who has a vague idea about computers but nevertheless very little PLEASE PLEASE reply asap nbsp

A:Limited connectivity , good signal strength

what equipment do you have between the modem and the systems? a wireless router? what is the main computer connected to?

Normally we connect to the router using the default router address as a URL
and use the browser to configure the wireless portion of the router
like: http://192.168.x.1/
You can see this address by using ipconfig /all on the main computer

Login
enable the wireless radio
set a new SSID and channel
change the Admin password
save and restart the router​
Using the Wireless Wizard, you should now see your SSID and be able to
connect to it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-connectivity-good-signal-strength.97709/
Relevancy 53.75%

So I purchased a y510p from a retailer yesterday and was very happy with it. First thing I did was update to Windows 8.1. After updating, I get VERY unreliable, weak wi-fi signals and limited connectivity on all wi-fi connections. I need help, fast! My wireless card is Intel Centrino Wireless N-2230.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:[HELP] Y510P limited connectivity and weak signal ...

hi yan3321,

Welcome to the Forums.

Can you try to:
1. Press Windowskey+R type appwiz.cpl. On the list of programs, uninstall any trace of Intel Wiress Driver and Bluetooth Software
2. Download and install the following:
Intel WLAN Driver for 64-bit Windows
Version: 16.5.1.6 

Intel Bluetooth Driver for 64-bit Windows

Version: 3.1.1307.360 

The blueooth driver/software is needed as the Intel Centrino N2230 is a wifi/bluetooth combo adapter. After you install the above drivers, turn off or disable bluetooth then try connecting to your wifi network.

If you still get limited connectivity, try to boot in Safe Mode with Networking and observe.
  - If internet works fine there, temporarily disable/uninstall any running firewall/security software and observe it in normal mode.
  - If you have an invalid IP (i.e. 169.254.x.x) and you have a separate modem/router. Try to turn it off and turn it back on after 10secs (turn ON the modem first and when all the lights are ON, turn the router ON and reconnect). If you have a router/modem combination, you can just turn it off for 10-20secs and turn it back ON.

Let me know how it goes

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/HELP-Y510P-limited-connectivity-and-weak-signal-after-upgrading/td-p/1329399
Relevancy 53.75%

I am getting a strong wireless signal, but see Limted or no Connectivity from my network. How do I get connected? I am using an older Dell Inspiron machine to try to connect to a network that my newer laptop can successfully connect to?

Relevancy 53.75%

I can't figure this one out, i had to replace my cable modem, my laptop A on wi-fi home network works fine on internet, however my other laptop B, has a belkin card that shows great signal strength but limited or no connectivlty to the internet (can't get on at all) The laptop A has an internal wifi card that uses windowsxp to connect to net, the laptop B has a belkin card that uses belkin software to configure the connection. i've tried retyping in the WEP, no luck. The cable guys said something about getting a new MAC address with the new modem, but laptop A connects fine, they're both set to autodetect settings. Help???

A:Signal Strength Good, But No Internet Connectivity?

Try this. Your computer could be infected with spyware causing it not to work properly. Try connecting it directly with a cat5 and see if you have the same problem. If so, it's your TCP/IP Stack (which the program above fixes). You will be able to fix it by running the program then visiting the following sites (yes, there's more, but these are the main ones I go for first):

Housecall
SpyBot: Search & Destroy
Lavasoft: Ad-Aware
AVG Anti-Virus (if you don't have any anti-virus)
Codestuff Starter (to find malicious programs)

Hope this information helps! Let me know if it does or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/signal-strength-good-but-no-internet-connectivity.385922/
Relevancy 53.75%

My understanding of networks and the internet is pretty limited and my computer knowledge is definitely average! So your help would be very much appreciated. My sisters laptop is having problems connecting to our wireless. It identifies the wireless connection as strong but says that there is limited connectivity not allowing us to connect to the internet. However on my laptop the connectivity is strong and allows me to connect.
She is on windows vista I am on windows xp, not sure if this helps or is the issue.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I've been away camping for a couple of weeks and now that I'm back my desktop computer no longer connects to the internet. As I state in the title, however; the signal strength says it's "very good".

I've tried removing the connection and re-adding it, I've tried moving the wireless USB/removing and potential disturbances, but to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated!

A:Signal strength: Very good, Access: Limited connectivity

Turn off the Modem
Turn off the Router
Turn off the PC
Turn off all network gear

Do this for 30 seconds.

Then slowly turn on the modem (DSL or Cable)
Then the router
Any switches
Then the PC
Then the rest of your network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/signal-strength-very-good-access-limited-connectivity.195843/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey all, first timer here!

My moms laptop connects to our wireless just fine. When i moved home recently with my perfectly working desktop, it would find the wireless connection but have only limited or no connectivity.
I just bought a brand new netbook (Asus EeePC) and it locates our wireless connection just fine, says it has strong signal, but can not connect to internet. It says it is acquiring network address and then tells me that it couldn't.

I've done some google browsing and have tried a few suggestions, but to no avail. (Checked firewall, disconnected & reconnected, etc).. =(

Help! Pleeease and thank you!

A:Brand new netbook, strong signal but limited/no connectivity... Help!

Is the wireless encrypted? Do you know the key?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-netbook-strong-signal-but-limited-no-connectivity-help.866834/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I experience huge problem with my internet connection It started months ago when speed all of a sudden drops to - mb s when its suppose to be mb s I called Cable and they sent me technician TIMES and it Strong connectivity(varies) internet slow signal, seemed like I know more than they do hardware related First time guy swapped modems with the newest that increased my speed by mb s but the issue was there on the other day So I called them again and Strong signal, slow internet connectivity(varies) on the next day speed was fine when he came checked all of my connections and the signal was great As soon as he left speed dropped times So rd time technician came and the speed was mb s - he checked signal and it was with being highest The speed went back to normal right in front of him he swapped modems with the older version of modem I ruled out the possibility of the problem being a router as I have bad speed when connected directly through modem and also my computer as I reinstalled OS and ran speed test on other computer with same results I still experience this issue and hope that you might help me Here is a screenshot with my speedtest results http img imageshack us img png Thank You nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I - signal connectivity Intermittent causing problems hardware issue? m very glad to have found this forum and Intermittent connectivity problems - hardware causing signal issue? I will try to be as succint as possible My brothers and I share an internet connection in a house with a basement Our house only has one active cable port so our connection is split between the cable modem and the connection s for the TVs The problem we are having is that the modem is not getting signal all the time Sometimes everything is fine for three or four days before it goes down sometimes it goes down five times a day We have been told to re-ground the cable by touching the center prong to something metal and that does usually quot jump quot the connection for lack of a better term but sometimes we have to un-split the connection and plug the cable directly into the modem and even that doesn t always hold the signal Our set-up is as follows I have digital phone service so the modem Scientific-Atlanta Webstar is plugged into the wired router Lynksys There are two desktops downstairs that are plugged directly into the wired router then we have a wireless router Belkin also plugged into the broadband router We have one destop and one laptop upstairs that are using the wireless connection Our secure network runs on channel which I ve been told is one of the preferred network channels I have been advised to plug the modem directly into a computer to see if it runs correctly without any devices between but I had the same setup minus the wireless router at my old apartment and did not have any connectivity problems I also lived in this same house years ago and we did not have any problems though our network was completely wired then Do I need to just have someone from the cable company come out and look at our physical cables Or is the wireless router somehow interrupting the signal to the modem We ve tried different splitters and a signal booster too and nothing seems to help Any advice would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Intermittent connectivity problems - hardware causing signal issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-connectivity-problems-hardware-causing-signal-issue.616047/
Relevancy 52.46%

On the right hand side of the taskbar I have the icons for battery life, volume, internet connection, etc. When I used to put the mouse over the internet connection it would show me who I was connected too (SSID) , signal quality, and speed. I began having some issues so I had to remove my Netgear connection and then reconnect. Ever since I did this all that shows up now when I put the mouse over it is now only says: Netgear and Internet access. How do I get the information back. It shows up on my desktop, but not my laptop.

Relevancy 48.59%

So at my friend s house whenever it rains or bad cloudy day there is no WiFi signal sending from main floor to nd floor So I recommend them to install a Linksys RE range extender to boost the signal on the existing Linksys AC unit and the setup of that extender is wacky It somehow works after a while but w o the GHz band But the other day when they re-plug and good what's signal doesn't day during booster signal & WiFi rainy the work, signal extender? no in that extender there is no signal even on a sunny no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender? day So today no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender? I try to help them to re-initialize that RE by going thru the instruction totally no signal on a sunny day Now assuming it s a defective DOA unit is there some range extender that is high quality And has a nice and simple setup software just in case pushing the WPS button doesn t work And more importantly should we unplug the extender when you don t use it Or are you suppose to always leave it plug in If you unplug it would you lost all the setting on that extender nbsp

A:no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender?

Ouch!
Use a wire. Extend WiFi via remotely placed access points.

https://hardforum.com/threads/no-wifi-signal-during-rainy-day-and-signal-booster-doesnt-work-whats-the-good-signal-extender.1904091/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Hp Pavilion dv us and Windows vista connectivity" good signal, but My wireless shows "limited network has I used to connect to internet using a neighbor network always had good signal but now I can t connect to internet because the network shows limited connectivity and still has a strengh signal The public network that Im connected has an IPv and IPv limited connection Please help me I tried to solve the problem with windows vista help Im a young Dr and I have to use internet to search clinical cases and download articles I will send to you that I ll hope the help you to solve my problem Explain me how to get connected again Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users jose an gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name ton Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled My wireless network shows "limited connectivity" but has good signal, No DNS Suffix Search List cantv net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix cantv net Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - D- - -BF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b cb d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday May PM Lease Expires Sunday May AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- -ED- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c a e d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BD DB -D B- - EBF- E br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DF F -CAE - F- EE- A B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DF F -CAE - F- EE- A B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap cantv net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e cc c f b fa Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe cc c f b fa Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap cantv net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DF F -CAE - F- EE- A B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DF F -CAE - F- EE- A B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific D... Read more

A:My wireless network shows "limited connectivity" but has good signal,

It looks like you have a possibly good ethernet connection through a broadband modem. Are you having trouble with this connection?

We cannot help with your attempts to connect to a neighbor's network because you are violating the law and/or the neighbor is violating the terms of service of his ISP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-network-shows-limited-connectivity-but-has-good-signal.715120/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm using XP on a Dell inspiron 1501 with a linksys wtg-54G router. My other laptop works fine on the network but with this one I get a strong signal but limited or no connectivity.
Wireless Network Connection :
Physical Address...................................00-1A-92-1F-5F
Dhcp enabled....................................... Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled...................... Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address.................. 169.254.129.113
Subnet Mask ...................................... 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway ................................. 169.254.129.113

Any ideas ?

Any ideas ?

Relevancy 41.28%

I tried ZoneAlarm blocking spybot McAfee nothing worked This has worked so far And as requested here are the files Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan vstskmgr exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe Fix! Excellent C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Excellent Fix! WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED Excellent Fix! - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO MSVPS System - ACD - CF - C E-B B - A C - C WINDOWS nsduo dll file missing O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS system msjava dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS system msjava dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - DPF BA B -D - C - BDA-D E A DFCF Confidence Online Enterprise Edition - https vpn-limited harris com llclient IVE winxp DanaInfo confidence harris com CT java AXXPEE dll O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip DE CEE-CAEB- DC- FDD- BA ED NameServer O - Service Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exe O - Service Google Updater Service gusvc - Google - C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service iPodService - Apple Computer Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe O - Service Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files Macromedia Shared Service Macromedia Licensi... Read more

A:Excellent Fix!

Run hijack - mark this and then click fix checked

O2 - BHO: MSVPS System - {ACD85107-9CF9-4C9E-B0B7-39940A0017C0} - C:\WINDOWS\nsduo.dll (file missing)

Clean
If you feel its is fixed mark it solved via Thread Tools above

Clear restore points – here’s how

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/mcgill1.mspx

This clears infected restore points and sets a new, clean one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-fix.624370/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello All,
i am building my own unit and i need help with a Cooling fan I wanted to be quite and excellent as far as cooling and lasting, Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks again
Jon

A:Quite and excellent cooling fan?

i know im not a guru or anything and i dont know much about fans to recommend any but i thought it might help the next people who read this to know what you are trying to cool....you said you are building a new computer so im guessing you are wanting some case fans and a cpu fan? might also help if you posted your build so we know what your trying to cool so the tech wizards can tell you the appropriate fan/s. also how much are you wanting to spend.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quite-and-excellent-cooling-fan.131176/
Relevancy 40.85%

OK, where do I begin. Yes I need your help. I have a computer running XP. I installed a new DVD RW and all worked well for a week. Then all went blue, restarting all the time, then nothing, tried to reset up using boot CD for XP, it goes most of way thru, approx 20 minutes to end I either get a message
bios not fully ACPI compliant ....
or
STOP: 0x0000008e
If the DVDRW was working fine for 1 week, could it be this or something else??
mk

A:excellent problem

Your meeages are either a down rev BIOS or you don't have the latest or a corrupt driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-problem.282494/
Relevancy 40.85%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3325 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset, 1534 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 177072 MB, Free - 140941 MB; D: Total - 99 MB, Free - 34 MB; E: Total - 61388 MB, Free - 55891 MB; F: Total - 61399 MB, Free - 47584 MB; G: Total - 243742 MB, Free - 66739 MB;
Motherboard: ASRock, G41M-VS3.
Antivirus: None
thank you i followed a thread about listing of music and a suggestion to use karens directory printer excellent choice and then i opened these files in excel as suggested and formed my own music list
i then changed a little bit and placed a hyperlink on the file extension so now i can go through the list select what i want to listen to click on the hyperlink and the song is playing once again thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thank-you-for-excellent-assistance.1068045/
Relevancy 40.85%

I spend quite a bit of time in hotels so I am looking for VPN software that is fast and will connect to a trusted secure host server with a reliable reputation. I tried HotSpotVPN and found that it worked very well. However, I discontinued with HotSpotVPN because they have filters that block various websites that they feel are unnecessary for a business computer. My laptop in not a business computer but my own personal laptop. I also tried WiFi Guardian 2009 trial but discovered that it does not work with Windows 7 yet. Anyone with suggestions? I prefer the payed for software because they are usually ad free and are also usually connected to a dedicated fast and secure server. Thanks!

A:Looking For Excellent VPN Software.

Here is more information on setting up a vpn on a Windows 7 machine: Set up a remote connection to your workplace using VPN.

If you are looking for compatible software I suggest you search at the Windows 7 compatibility center and compare based on your needs: Windows 7 Compatibility Center home.

Cheers,
Tara
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/51089-looking-excellent-vpn-software.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My Sprint HTC EVO phone is cheaper and faster than my AT&T broadband connection so I want to drop AT&T and use sprint.

The problem is I have a few devices such as a Blu-ray player, a Direct TV DVR and other items that need to be hard wired.

I want to use my phone as a WiFi hot spot then pick up the signal with a device and plug my Direct TV DVR into the device with an ethernet cable.

Sprint was unable to help and someone on another non-tech site suggested a Engenius Network ESR9850.

Does anyone know if this will work, or if there are other options available

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-to-convert-a-wireless-wifi-signal-to-a-wired-ethernet-signal.1003226/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I just noticed that my wifi signal bars stay at full bars and does not change even if the signal is truly low I realized this only recently when I transferred to our bedroom which supposedly had the worst signal in the house but the signal bar still stays at full Whenever I click on it the real signal will appear and does not currently real at not signal always Wifi Signal full bars - matching match the one shown in the system tray icons Note My current wireless network adapter is Intel Dual Band Wireless AC- Updated to Windows Anniversary Update on August Solutions I've Wifi Signal always at full bars - not matching real signal tried but failed to fix it Uninstalling the wireless network adapter restarting PC and scanning for hardware changes although it did show the true signal for a second then went to full bars Updating the wireless network adapter to no success in fixing it Also tried rolling back the driver to the original one Turning Network system tray icons on and off in the windows settings And BEFORE doing that I was also trying to fix various problems Wifi Signal always at full bars - not matching real signal that also came with my laptop Updated Intel HD Graphics and Nvidia drivers which seemingly fixed my BSOD problems that never again happened since then Updated my BIOS to the latest which fixed black screen restarting problems when laptop wakes up from sleep NOTE all the drivers ive installed came from the manufacturer's model's support website for my specific laptop I've fixed all the other problems of my laptop but I can't seem to fix the wifi signal bar staying at full Below is an attached image of my problem

A:Wifi Signal always at full bars - not matching real signal

You do not need to scribble out the names on that screenshot, since it will do nothing for any of us. That signal graphic is just like on a cellphone. It does not mean anything. There are a lot of factors why you can have great radio signal, but have interference causing a blackout or outage. If you want to see a snapshot of all signals your wifi adapter is seeing, open up a Command Window as administrator and type it 'netsh wlan show all'.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/61928-wifi-signal-always-full-bars-not-matching-real-signal.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello Guys,
I have recently joined this forum just because of some issues which are colliding in my mind..
Actually I want to know that Is DDR2 an excellent memory for automotive and industrial to server, consumer, networking, and computing?

A:Is DDR2 excellent memory?

Is there a reason for asking?

You can't just pick and choose the memory type you want. The memory type must match the design called for by the motherboard. DDR3 is the latest memory design and DDR4 will probably be available before long.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-ddr2-excellent-memory.174005/
Relevancy 40.42%

A couple of days ago our router stopped working so we had to exchange it for a different but internet? connection, no Excellent one Upon plugging it in both computers two laptops recieved a message about limited connectivity After running through the prompted high-speed internet installation one of the laptops was fine and running the wireless Excellent connection, but no internet? correctly Now the laptop was wasn t prompted to install the wireless still cannot Excellent connection, but no internet? connect to it It didn t automatically update the IP address so we changed it manually exactly to what was being read by the other laptop Although it got rid of the limited connectivity error message it didn t allow access to the internet It s a Dell Inspiron B with Windows XP and I m currently connected through Ethernet The Ethernet only works if it s plugged in while I m turning on the computer but I ve disabled all start-up programs from activating assuming that there was a program blocking it at start-up Although this does work if I unplug the cable while the computer is on it wont reconnect The only program that wouldn t turn off on shut-down was Avast Antivirus so I deleted it from the system and I intend to reinstall later Even with it gone it didn t change anything These are the ipconfig All results Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings ELIZABETH POWERS gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ELIZABETH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - - - - A- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday July PM Lease Expires Saturday July PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-PCI Car d Physical Address - - B-E -C - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings ELIZABETH POWERS gt nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

First off i have a Thermaltake Armor Jr. Case. The problem is the front L.E.D standard intake fan isn;'t taken in air at all. There is no wind blowing in the case, and yes the fan is mounted properly when i checked.

So my question is, what is a good intake fan with good airflow and at a good air rate.

Also, anyone know if the side window vent is a 90mm or 92mm fan placement?

Note: The intake fan is 120mm.

any help will be the best thanks.

Please provide links with the item please.

A:Good to Excellent intake fan please.

the best way to guage a fan's performance is by the CFM rating. the higher the rating, the more air it can push or suck in. and one of the best ones i've seen has a cfm rating of about 63. normal ones i've seen are around the 35cfm mark. and this is one is advertised as being exceedingly quiet as well. it's very high quality. you might be able to tell that from the price. but it's well worth it if you want performance and quality.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185006

25 dollars. it's 120mm as per specifications.

i'm not sure about the side vent. but it appears to be a simple 90mm vent.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-to-excellent-intake-fan-please.94239/
Relevancy 40.42%

What are some games you guys know for PC that have Excellent graphics? Im tired of playing some of these games that turn out to have good but not great graphics, and some are awesome, Need For Speed Underground (PS2 or PC Demo) has good graphics...

What are some of the games that had graphics you liked? I may try them.

Relevancy 40.42%

Hello Guys,
I have recently joined this forum just beacuse of some issues which are colliding in my mind..
Actually I want to know that Is DDR2 an excellent memory for automotive and industrial to server, consumer, networking, and computing?

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi hope someone can help we re Mac users trying to fathom a PC laptop Our laptop says it has a wireless connection but we can t get online Our Mac works fine We have tried repairs we have cleared the dns cache the dns client is switched to automatic the firewall is off these are the results of ipconfig all Any no internet. but Connection excellent, Help! ideas thanks in advance Microsoft Connection excellent, but no internet. Help! Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Users Kevin OD gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name kevin Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - -D -E - - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Ad apter Physical Address - - - -D - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -D - - C Users Kevin OD gt nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

You dont need to fork out to have top-of-the-range effective protection

this is how....

FIREWALL

1. Use Windows Firewall in XP SP2
2. No XP SP2? Zone-Alarm is a 1st class FREE firewall
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conte...alm/freeDownload.jsp?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en

ANTI-VIRUS

1. Goto www.bitdefender.com and download Bit Defender 8 FREE of charge
it offers excellent protection against Viruses AND Spyware and its absolutley FREE
http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Main/view/Download-Free-Products.html#

I Use Bit Defender Pro with Windows Defender and never have problems...
Viruses are blocked if downloaded and are completley disabled....

ANTI-SPYWARE

1. Download Microsoft's Windows Defender which integrates itself into Windows
so theres no Icons in Tray or Desktop just Real-Time spyware protection
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...E7-DA2B-4A6A-AFA4-F7F14E605A0D&displaylang=en

Relevancy 40.42%

A few dayds back I downloaded some nForce drivers (1.12 I believe) that were uploaded to NVIDIA FTP, though since removed. Check out these shots;

When using RegClear 4.3 I *also* discovered an entry for;
NVIDIA ASIO Driver

I've yet to give these any real testing though seems like NVIDIA really put some hard work into these & may even finally have MultiDrive 5.1 support.

A:New NForce APU drivers may be excellent?

Download links are here;
http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=776

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/e_service/forum/viewthread.php?threadid=2793&boardid=14&styleid=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-nforce-apu-drivers-may-be-excellent.2426/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I seem to have recently picked up a redirection virus - at least I hope that s what it is Whenever I try to search for something I get redirected but in the bottom left of the screen it says waiting for excellentsearchserver com before I get redirected I m rather fed up about this having only just recently cleared the going on earth redirection server.com search excellent virus and I ve tried to be really careful since then I m running Windows and Firefox Also excellent search server.com whenever I try to do a virus scan using McAfee it stops and says An error has occurred An unexpected error occurred during your scan Please click ok to go back to your Home page and then try running your scan again But running it again gives the same results It s also doing this thing where when I open a program up comes a window that syas that Windows Firewall had blocked it and do I want to allow it I ve just tried running Mbam and it s immediately stopped running and when I ve tried to open it again it says that the pathway is invalid and I don t have permission Please help me Again Thanks Mick

A:excellent search server.com

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417795/excellent-search-servercom/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey, I found a Good and interesting website for All softwares.

A:Hi, Excellent website for All software!

Closing duplicate post .....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-excellent-website-for-all-software.139142/
Relevancy 40.42%

How could I add a excellent banner on a PHP website? Here's our website www.decarle.com. We gona redesign our website. How could I do that??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-could-i-add-a-excellent-banner-on-a-php-website.809693/
Relevancy 40.42%

Check out this program at

www.goldwave.com

This program provides your typical open file, save as feature that is so much more simpler than winamp.

Just thought I would share.

Tweak

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-program-for-converting-your-mp3s.37970/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I have a HP Probook 6550b, The problem is. I can't get my intern microphone and webcam to work. The IDT (audio) drivers are given NO sound and NO microphone signal, alsothe webcam is not working under Windows 7 (64bit) Think it's a very, very bad driver support from HP on their notebooks. Tried everything.I read that many Probook 6550b users have the same problem, not working internal microphone and  webcam without given any solution till now, shame on you HP Running windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit How can i fix this? Kind regards

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-microphone-signal-and-webcam-signal-on-HP-6550b-PROBOOK/td-p/5583687
Relevancy 39.99%

Steve Friedl, Microsoft MVP, developed an awesome and highly detailed article on how SQL Injection attacks work. DBAs and System Administrators need to be on the latest and greatest SPs and security updates for SQL-Server and other RDBMS's. Excellent Article: SQL Injection Attacks by Examplehttp://www.unixwiz.net/techtips/sql-injection.htmlSQL Injection is caused by unverified/unsanitized user input, and its main idea is to convince the application to run SQL code that it was not intended to run. If the application is creating SQL strings natively, i.e. on the fly, and then running them, it's straightforward to create some real surprises. There have been other papers on SQL injection, including some that are much more detailed, but this one shows the rationale of discovery as much as the process of exploitation.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/9952/excellent-article-sql-injection-attacks-by-example/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi there For a good FREE alternative to Outllok which looks OUTLOOK FREE Excellent alternative to pretty much the same Excellent FREE alternative to OUTLOOK as Outlook unlike a load of other email clients try this If you can manage Linux either as a VM or as a Host then I'd suggest you use KMAIL - this has improved so much these days that I'm happy enough to use it daily even at work Install the KDE desktop on your Linux Distro -- KDE has improved very much these days - the KDE team seem to have found a winning formula KMAIL works with different servers you can have multiple accounts on different servers integrates with EXCHANGE GMAIL Other email servers as well as IMAP and it's great having a SINGLE email system for Work and home - especially if you are on or different client sites all with their own different email servers KMAIL is integrated into KDE - you don't have to install it separately and IMO is far superior to Thunderbird or Evolution - the two other email clients often used The only very slight snag is that to configure the first account is a bit fiddly - then configuring other ones are simple As always with Linux - documentation could be better - but I'm sure if anybody here is or has been a developer on any system you know what a chore documentation is and how even when it is done it gets out of date alnmost before the documentation is finished I'm gradually trying to wean myself of Ms Office -- I've found some aceptable clones for EXCEL Powerpoint and Word WPS KINGSOFT office but until now finding a decent OUTLOOK alternative was a problem - especially for managing multiple email accounts on different servers I refuse to go the Office subscription route and don't like the way everything is inching towards quot Cloud quot servers -- probably trying to get us in future to PAY for everything Cheers jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/51219-excellent-free-alternative-outlook.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello everyone. I need some advice on some of the best 17/19 inch Flat screen CRT monitors. I am mainly a hard core gamer and want to upgrade to a new system by first getting a new monitor. I have around 550.00 dollars to spend on one(but if I can save some of that it's fine with me I really like the Sony 19 ' Trinitron Monitors because they have a nice, sharp image. However, the two aperature grill "tie wire" shadows lines slighty annoy me. Is there any other monitor out there that doesn't have these lines and is either equal or better in image quality and sharpness? If it's cheaper than Sony, I am all for that because it seems Sony Monitors are expensive. If someone could tell me which one they suggest and the link where I could purchase it I would greatly appreciate it.

A:need advice on excellent gaming monitor

Don't get a flat screen if you wnat to do serious gaming...they won't handle it. And for $500 you would be hard pressed to find anything of any real quality for that little cash. I would look at Viewsonic monitors..they have always been fairly good and have a good warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-advice-on-excellent-gaming-monitor.82304/
Relevancy 39.99%

Just thought I would share, hope it's not a repost....

http://www.dirk-loss.de/win-tools.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/excellent-free-software-utilities.52014/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi everyone
I've often "Nagged" about the inadequancies of AV software

I made a post about inconsistencies between the same version running on VISTA amd W7 where the VISTA version reports a disk as 100% clean whereas the W7 version finds a (KNOWN) trojan on the same disk.

(That post is also in this section of the Forum)

They at least seemed to be very interested in this and will get back to me asap.

(And this is for the FREE version).

At least AVAST seem to understand the meaning of the word "Support" without having to go round and round through endless telephone menus and the absolute horror of those "Indian" call centres.

I'll be interested in what they come up with.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Avast -- EXCELLENT support for problem

encouraging to hear jimbo. I have been supporting/installing avast myself as of lately. With reading/hearing this make me want to keep on having it installed. I havent had any crashes/hangs. From what i can tell compared to other AV, its doing its job pretty well when i throw things at it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/9728-avast-excellent-support-problem.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi there I know a lot of people HATE Windows -- but if you download the FREE Windows ENTERPRISE day free trial you can install a Windows to Go system on to an external USB device use an SSD and it's great which BOOTS AND RUNS from the USB (Free) system recovery Excellent and runs as a FULL windows system -- not a LIVE system but a real Windows system This is a REAL running system not an INSTALLATION Disk You can install stuff just like you can on a normal Windows system It's a genuine portable system which will boot on any device that allows booting from a USB device If you use an SSD it runs perfectly fast enough too Now if you install things like OFFICE Excellent recovery system (Free) PHOTOSHOP Partition Wizard and Backup recovery software like Acronis you can use this as a full working Windows system and it will boot even if the main HDD on the computer is broken You can also install VLC and a load of other stuff making this a very convenient PORTABLE windows running system - far easier than messing around with things like BARTPE or trying to boot and run VHD's OK it's Windows but if your main system is broken you can use this to recover it very quickly with all the tools in one place - Meanwhile while the system is being repaired you can still watch a Video listen to music or do other things at the same time as it's a FULL windows system Normally the USB devices have to be certified but if you do it THIS way then you can use ANY USB device http www admin-magazine com Articl on-a-USB-Drive Cheers jimbo

A:Excellent recovery system (Free)

Windows 8 To Go - Setup on a USB Flash Drive or USB Disk

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/297544-excellent-recovery-system-free.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Yesterday at the recommendation of a BC Advisor I used Malwarebyte Free to help get rid of a virus I liked it so much that I purchased Malwarebyte Pro for The interface is clean easy to understand and use Installation and operation is utility program an of excellent Review extremely quick as is updatiing its database of malware threats Besides detection and removal of viruses worms trojans rootkits dialers and spyware from the Malwarebyte site the unique thing I liked about the pro version is StartupLite a utility which very quickly eliminates unneeded applications from startup That alone is worth the price You can check out the Amazon reviews at http www amazon com Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-Pro- dp B AY T ref cm cr pr product top If you're interested in trying the free version or buying the Pro version the Malwarebyte website is at http www malwarebytes org lp lp gclid CNe k-qW roCFRSVfgodyDcAsw A reminder Review of an excellent utility program you should always turn off virus protection software of any brand when you use anti-malware utilities of any brand See Allan's comment below David

A:Review of an excellent utility program

MalwareBytes is an adjunct to a good anti virus utility. There is no need to disable your av when using MalwareBytes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515271/review-of-an-excellent-utility-program/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,

I've used my laptop absolutely fine for months on my wireless network, getting 2.3 meg a sec downloads on my 20meg connection, happy days! HOWEVER recently my laptop has decided that it doesn't want to cooperate now and after about 3 mins of booting up the connection goes from 2.3 straight down to between 40kb/s - 60kb/s. Internet pages load extremely slowly an streaming is out of the question, yet the signal strength is showing as excellent as I am sat right next to the wireless router!

I have 4 other computers on the network an they all work fine, including my desktop, i even tried using the usb adaptor in my pc on my laptop an I still get the same problem.

If this makes any sense to anyone then any kind of help would be lovely

Si

A:Slow internet - Excellent Connection

This Microsoft article might give you a starting point to troubleshoot:

Why is my Internet connection so slow?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/115871-slow-internet-excellent-connection.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Im using a GB Crucial M firmware as my OS drive on a Gigabyte GA-Z A-D H-B in the SATA port I have GB RAM and a i - k Ghz Recently Im getting a boot time of about seconds after boot I know that isn t all that slow in general but for a SSD it is I have done all the usual tweaks for SSDs advised on many websites like disable defrag enable write caching disable page file and indexing superfetch and prefetch I used an online guide to tweak my bios for SSD- I installed windows with ACHI mode on etc I m sorry I don t have the crystal mark results but trust me they were very very good much faster rates compared to other results I saw posted online for an M Applications start fast but when I disabled all start up programs in benchmarks boot SSD, Slow excellent MSConfg it loaded the same- about seconds to boot after BIOS So I disabled all services too Same boot time So far I have uninstalled a recently added program APC UPS software I checked all cables in the computer and all were snug I m just confused because the benchmark was so good and I thought it was software But when disabling everything the boot was still slow Any ideas

A:Slow boot SSD, excellent benchmarks

Are you overclocking?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438075/slow-boot-ssd-excellent-benchmarks/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop that's running XP and IE. When I try to get onto the Internet, the wireless signal is reportedly excellent but IE does not connect to the Internet. Can't figure out what the problem is.

Relevancy 39.99%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS excellent recommendation maintenance Need comp Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA Quadro K M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Need excellent comp maintenance recommendation Motherboard Dell Inc Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled Could someone please recommend a top rated quot group quot of computer maintenance programs that i should run consistently to keep my computer healthy and running smoothly By the configuration listed above my computer should be quot flying quot I am told When it was new it did I have used different cleanup programs consistently but obviousy they re not correct or I am missing something as it is slower than a quot turtle quot I also have recurring issures with the mouse doing what it pleases or jumping around or the keyboard wont type or if it does it is very delayed HELP PLEASE DI nbsp

A:Need excellent comp maintenance recommendation

Hi, so called cleanup programs like registry cleaners can and often do, cause more problems than they solve.
Registry Cleaners - TSG Library of Knowledge
http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Registry_Cleaners

Registry Cleaners and System Tweaking Tools
http://miekiemoes.blogspot.co.uk/2008/02/registry-cleaners-and-system-tweaking_13.html
=====
=====
Download Security Check by screen317 from.
http://screen317.spywareinfoforum.org/
Or
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/securitycheck/

Save it to your Desktop.
Double click the install icon.
If using Vista - Win 7 - right click the install icon and select "Run as Administrator"
A command Prompt window will open.
Let it scan the Pc - press any key when asked.
It should now open in Notepad.
Copy and Paste the result of the scan in the reply box below.

The saved log will be called checkup.txt.
=====
Download AdwCleaner to your desktop.
Close any browsers that may be open.
Double click the adwcleaner.exe.

Once it opens click on Delete
Accept any prompts that may appear and allow it to run.
When the scan has finished click OK
Copy and Paste the report in your next post.

If any threats were found - your Pc may need to be restarted.
The log file should now appear on your desktop.
===
NOTE: If using Internet Explorer and you get an alert that stops the program downloading click on Tools > Smartscreen Filter > Turn off Smartscreen Filter then click on OK in the box that opens. Then click on the link again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-excellent-comp-maintenance-recommendation.1106301/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi there I have recently moved to a new house and have installed a wireless connection which I am connecting to from a desktop by a USB adapter The problem I have is that i get extremely high latency when playing games despite the Excellent latency?! connection, High connection being reported as full bars and excellent The latency isn t a minor thing as soon as i join a server Excellent connection, High latency?! the whole games freezes until I disconnect What is weird is that if i use the steam client on the desktop to ping the servers everything is Excellent connection, High latency?! fine around lt ms on all my favourites HOWEVER as soon as I actually enter the game such as Team Fortress and then try to ping in exactly the same way with exactly the same tab the games don t respond or have a ping of around - ms I ran a ping to google times and the maximum ping was ms so it seems there s something about the games which makes it unplayable If anyone knows any fixes or investigations I could do it would be very much appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

This is great backup software!!!! I bought this version a couple of years ago BUT the latest version is 10 and 11 is on the horizon. Still though, version 9 does a great job for me and I have restored my PC over and over with an image of my hard drive; an image that was made at THAT time. I bought it for $30 with a $20 matching coupon and I hardly think this will ever be cheaper; not in a BOX delivered to your front door. Postage is probably an extra $5. Your call. (I have bought from this vendor before---no problems.) Some may think it is pirated software but I would not know!! And I doubt there would be support from Acronis for it!!
http://www.nothingbutsoftware.com/Ca...ode=36864&ai=0