Windows Support Forum

how can i open a secured wireless connection ?

Q: how can i open a secured wireless connection ?

hi all
i have a laptop and i don't have an internet in it
so here are some wirelesses connections but all of them are sercured
it asks me to enter the security key to access to the point
so is there anyway to open it like to hack it without having to know the Password key ?
sorry if that question against the law of the forum so u can close it

thank you all

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: how can i open a secured wireless connection ?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: how can i open a secured wireless connection ?

Not to worry. It'll be closed right quick.

The security, like locks on a door, are to keep crooks out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-open-a-secured-wireless-connection.1076109/
Relevancy 76.54%

I just installed windows 7 on my home built system.

I have the WMP600N (linksys) card, and with any type of security set on my Cisco wireless router I get this: "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network"

Now if I remove all security settings then the dang thing works liek a champ.

Who needs security on their wireless network ...?

SO, I am certain that there are many of you who have run into this very error, what was your final outcome? Fixed? or just running without any security what so ever?

Thanks

A:Wireless connection to un-secured router only

Nevermind I fixed it.

Thanks for all the replies

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/41837-wireless-connection-un-secured-router-only.html
Relevancy 75.68%

To Whomever Tech Geniuses That Have a Few Moments PROBLEM I m trying to set up my Belkin G Wireless Router Model F D - v Setup Connection Secured Wireless Belkin as a secure wireless home network I have it plugged into my Touchstone Telephony Cabel Modem Belkin Secured Wireless Connection Setup Model TM G CT It is emitting a wireless signal which I can connect to but ONLY as an unsecured network Once I connect to the network it asks quot Type the PIN from the Router to configure it I have located the PIN entered it only to have it say that it quot Could not configure the Router quot NOVICE SOLUTIONS I ve verified the device PIN I ve rebooted the device and the cable modem However it will NOT allow me to configure the device so that I can secure the network HELP ME If someone could PLEASE help me get a secure network established I d really appreciate not having Google doing any drive by peeks into my internet activity with their Google Earth vehicles THANK YOU FOR YOU TIME AND ATTENTION Have a great day Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc K J Antivirus Norton Security Suite Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Belkin Secured Wireless Connection Setup

I don't see the point to that "pin" stuff, so I just disable anything in the router having to do with that. Then in the router's wireless section set the Encryption (or Security) Mode to WPA(2)-PSK and assign a strong passphrase (which mainly means don't use a dictionary word). Then when you try to connect a computer just enter the same passphrase.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-secured-wireless-connection-setup.1048520/
Relevancy 59.77%

My notebook is connected to the internet through a Linksys wireless router. When I connect to it I get message saying it is connected at full strength, but not secure. How do I go about making it asecure connection?
I am trying to network my notebook to my desktop. I followed all the instructions in the home Win XP network wizard, but they can not see each other. They are in the same workgroup. Where do you think I went wrong? Thanks for your time.

TJG

Relevancy 58.48%

I went from XP to Windows 10.  Quite a change!! How do I change from 0pen wifi to a secured connection?  Will need very detailed instructions if possible. ThankYou

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Changing-open-wifi-to-secured/td-p/5782811
Relevancy 58.05%

I've been fighting with getting wireless working properly when I'm at work on vista x64. I'm running an ASUS G50V (best buy edition). I can connect to any standard WEP, WPA network. The problem is we've got wireless setup here with Tunnelled TLS and PAP authentication. Which does not work out of the box in windows. It requires a third party client. I've tried browsing over there and looking/posting/emailing for help and haven't found anything....I'm curious if anybody here has found a way to get PAP authentication working through Tunneled TLS...if so HOW?!

A:Secured Wireless Networks

This sounds like a problem for your Companies IT department...

~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/204940-secured-wireless-networks.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I have issues when I try to secure my wireless internet connection and then connect to it I can connect only when the connection is unsecured When I secure it WEP WPA WPA whatever I am unable to connect Other computers in my household however ARE able to Wireless connect to when Cannot secured connect when it is secured So I know it s not the router I thought it was my wireless adapter on my laptop so I then purchased a new adapter and still had the same issue So im concluding it has something to do with some Cannot connect to Wireless when secured IP setting configuration what have you Cannot connect to Wireless when secured on my current machine My current wireless adapter is INTEL ABG and I ve updated it to its most recent drivers I am running Windows Vista I have done ipconfig renew reset flushdns all those commands and still have the issue Below is a snippit of my ipconfig info Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ophidion-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network nection Physical Address - F- C- E- -DF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d a c b bb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday June PM Lease Expires Saturday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - D- - - D- -E - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Realtek RTL Family PCI-E Giga Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - D- -E - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A D EF - - C F-A AB- B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Desc... Read more

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,
I have a problem with accessing secured wireless network using my laptop. when I try to connect the laptop to the wireless network, the router refuses the credential even if it's correct. I think that this is a something related to the encryption method but I don't know how to change it because the network is not exist in the "Manage wireless network" screen, so would you please help me

thank you

A:Can't access secured wireless

Find a way to get into your router (Ethernet cable?). You're probably right, sounds like an encryption setting, maybe a mac address filter?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/236897-cant-access-secured-wireless.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a question regarding my wireless network at home.

I am using the LYNKSYS WRT45G Router. I have my PC hooked to it via the ethernet cable.

I have my XBOX 360 linked to the router via the wireless network adaptor. I have the WPA (I think thats what it was called) encyption set so that no one can steal my signal, and I typed in my pass phrase on my XBOX 360 and all works great.

again - my PC is NOT wireless - Just my XBOX 360.

How can I be sure that no one is using my wireless network and stealing bandwidth?

Is there a visual way to see? if someone is using my wireless network will there be flashing lights on the router?

thanks for any insight you can offer.

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

I have finally bought a new laptop and am in the process of setting it up. I have two main questions that I need help with:

1 - I am connecting to the internet via my wireless network that is telling me it is unsecured. How do I secure it? Very worried about this.

2 - Can I put my new lap top on my same McAfee anti-virus account as my current one or do i have to buy it again.

3 - Is there a good way of moving my outlook express account info addresses etc.?

If anyone could tell me where I put my Office discs I would be most grateful. Last seen when we move house a year ago!

Any help welcome.

Cutie

Relevancy 58.05%

Why doesn't Webroot open a new/separate secured browser window for banking and other financial transactions like most other malware solutions such as ESET, Kaspersky and Avast?
I hate these separate and often troublesome secured windows (so does my non-tech wife) and is a major reason I left ESET and went to Webroot. I'm wondering though how does Webroot protect financial transactions without having to open a separate, secured browser window and all the other AV's (it seems) require a new secured window?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/webroot-does-not-open-secured-browser-for-banking.57205/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I recently installed Vista Ultimate upgrading from XP SP and I ve been having problems connecting to my router D-Link DIR- I have Vista on all my Connection + Secured Vista Solved: Network other computers and none of Solved: Vista + Secured Network Connection them have a problem connecting and this computer was fine before when XP was installed too Specs iMac running Vista Ultimate with boot camp Network drivers up to date installed it off the bootcamp cd the st time and the nd time i just let windows update get one for me all to no avail Router D-Link DIR- Security WPA Personal TKIP - tried with every other type of encryption besides WEP and the only time I can connect is when I remove the password fully and leave the network unsecured but that s inconvinient So yeah basically I m not sure exactly what to do the password is set right I ve been trying for quite a bit of time now to make it work but Windows just says quot Connection timeout quot I diagnose and retry and the same thing happens Anyone know what s causing this or maybe has some potential fixes Please and thanks If all fails I guess I ll just buy a LAN cable and wire the connection Thanks again nbsp

A:Solved: Vista + Secured Network Connection

Fixed...

While browsing through your forums I decided to look around at the tweaks for Vista and one of them was talking about services, so while trying to speed up my computer a bit and remove services I don't really need I came over the "IP Helper" service.

Disabling IPv6 over the IPv4 (the process) seems to have fixed the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-secured-network-connection.770363/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, I hope you're well.

I'm helping someone with this and am a bit confused. I've only talked to her over the phone, so I don't have all the details I'd like. Also, she's computer illiterate.

Basically, her Windows (not sure which version) is telling her that to set up a secured connection, she needs to use a flash drive for some reason. She thinks she is able to get online right now, but only through an unsecured connection.

I don't think a flash drive is needed for this process, but as I am not even sure what this process is, I'm rather confused. Does someone have more information? What exactly is Windows asking of her right now? Her main thing is just to be able to connect to the Internet securely and easily.

Thanks,
Vic

Relevancy 57.62%

At present I have dial-up and occasionally get unsecured wireless connection. It is coming from a neighbour who is no longer in the house and the signal is very weak. I will be getting a new laptop with wireless Internet ISP and windows 7 home Premium. I want it secured but would like to connect to my other laptop and keep the dial-up until it runs out in July. Can the new ISP do this for me, or would I need to do it myself and if so how?

Relevancy 57.62%

Ive been trying for a long time to access a secured network on my laptop. I entered the correct network key, but when I hit 'connect' it just tries to connect for a while and then times out. I have tried using Network Connections Troubleshooting and 'network setup' to no avail! My laptop is the only one in the house that isn't able to access this network. I really don't understand why! Can someone help please?

Relevancy 57.62%

I have a problem in my laptop i.e i cannot connect to a secured wireless network , whereas i can connect to my mobile wireless hotspot but can't connect to my hostel's which is way better than my mobile . so can anyone help please on how to connect it to my hostel wifi .

my laptop has been recently formatted so its not an malware issue . . . i have been suffering from last one week . . . please help me . .. .

it says the wireless network is out of range when next to my router and my hostel mates can easily access the connection

A:cannot connect to the secured wireless networks

Try updating your wireless driver.Go to your manufacturers website and grab the latest if you are unsure which driver to install please see below.

Also please Download UnknownDeviceIdentifierand post the log it Creates in your next reply.
Run the program allow it to finish then hit file> save > Save the file to desktop.The default file name will be DeviceList Attach Device list in your next reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-the-secured-wireless-networks.1058511/
Relevancy 57.62%

Please can someone help me. for some strange reasons secured wireless routers will not work with my laptop. Let me explain: at work the secured system works great wirelessly, as well as at my brother's, aunt's and one of my friends house outside of that it will not work. I read a previous posting with a similar problem & I'm sure some tech person has tried all of them they don't work. I connect ok to the LAN and my computer says there is an internet connection with great signal but will not allow be to browse. I've gone through at least 6 different brand new routers and 3 different brands. Also when the wireless network is unsecure i connect with no problem

A:secured wireless router not responding

Also when the wireless network is unsecure i connect with no problemClick to expand...

what type of security are you adding ?

delete all your wireless profiles - you will then need to re-enter any wireless passcode - so make sure you know them all
------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to remove Wireless Profiles - for XP
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- XP
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=186
- delete the preferred networks
start> control panel> network connections> right click on the wireless connection> listed wireless networks tab in the preferred network list click on each one and - remove button

you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/secured-wireless-router-not-responding.1020759/
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm having wireless internet problems and it just doesn't work. Right now, the only reason why my computer is connected to the internet is because there's a wire going from my computer to the linksys router.

Anyway, whenever I click on the little computer icon on my taskbar, my internet shows up but underneath it says that it's unsecured when it should be secured because we have a WEP key. When I click connect, it doesn't ask for the WEP key anymore and it also just doesn't connect.

How do I get it to work wireless again? And how do I get it back to be secured?

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello
Could anyone tell me how to get my wireless network connection to be picked as security enabled network instead of unsecured network? Thanks

A:How can you get your wireless signal to be secured instead of unsecured

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-you-get-your-wireless-signal-to-be-secured-instead-of-unsecured.943853/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all I m having a problem with the wireless connect Cannot network secured to wireless connection at our house that I can t resolve by googling or basic know-how We recently renamed our wireless connection and gave it a network key There Cannot connect to secured wireless network are two computers using the network and since securing it neither computer has had difficulty connecting to the internet Today my computer stopped connecting to the secured network Upon running network diagnostics I was told the network key on my computer does not match the network key on the router I rebooted my computer I reset the router unplugged the router waited one full minute plugged it back in and am still having this difficulty The network key has not changed and the other computer using the wireless network is connecting without any difficulty Cannot connect to secured wireless network at all I cannot connect to the network We have not changed any settings and there hasn t been any contact with the router except for when I tried to restart it I attempted to run system restore in case a recent Windows Update caused the trouble which didn t do anything I have turned Windows Cannot connect to secured wireless network Firewall on and off to see if either setting made a difference which it did not I m running out of things to guess at to try to change or fix to get on the network My computer is a Compaq v laptop running Windows XP SPIII I think I am able to connect to other available unsecured networks so I know my wireless is working fine Does anybody else have any ideas to what I can try so I can reconnect to the correct network confused If more information is needed please let me know and I will provide what I can Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I have recently bought a toshiba satellite laptop with vista 64 home premium installed on it. The problem is that I cant connect to WPA-encrypted secured wireless connection @ home although it works just fine with unsecured or WEP-encrypted connections . I am sure all settings are all right on both of the laptop and the router.I think it is a common problem that microsoft has to fix it. FYI , I have linux installed beside vista and it has no problem at all with WPA-encrypted wireless connections .

Relevancy 57.62%

I am using a wireless router I have established a wireless network to my laptop in the house OK Network Wireless Secured Home when I go to Control Panel and drill down to view my quot wireless networks quot I see the network s name and the security type is quot WPA -Personal quot But when I go to the tool bar on the bottom right corner of my computer where the quot bars quot are they start off on the left with a very small Secured Home Wireless Network bar and gradually get taller- - when I Secured Home Wireless Network click on those bars and go to my wireless network s name and hover my mouse pointer over it the name it then reads quot Security Type Unsecured quot Yet from the Control Panel it reads for that same wirelsss network name quot Security type WPA -Personal quot why is it telling me my wirelss networt is secured at the Control Panel but then quot unsecured at the bottom right tool bar indicator Is my wireless network in fact secured or not thanks for any clarification nbsp

A:Secured Home Wireless Network

Hey, RP! We really need to know what operating system you run, as well as the brand of your computer's wireless network adapter (or the brand and model of the computer) and what router you use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/secured-home-wireless-network.1029797/
Relevancy 57.62%

My wife's computer running XP OS with SP3, connected to our WPA-2 wireless network with Linksys WUSB100 adapter, keeps losing its Internet connection whenever she is offline (not logged off for a period of time), connected to a broadband modem through a Linksys WRT120N Wireless Router. Linksys has its own wireless manager, which conflicted with Windows XP WZC, so I went in and disabled that ( did nothing to solve problem). However, we have an unsecured wireless network in our immediate neighborhood, and that is the network (albeit with a weak signal, and a speed of only 24mbs speed) that her computer connect to. There must be a way of blocking her computer from connecting to that network, or to remove that network from the available networks list. I have been searching online for solutions, and have contacted Linksys support several times for support, but they claim to have no solutions.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi One of my laptop is not able to connect to my home wireless network I am trying to connect to my wireless router Netgear rangemax frm not wireless working. connectivity (secured) my laptop runnin vista SP I have other laptops connected to the wireless connectivity (secured) not working. same network and they run Vista SP too and they run fine My problem is the moment wireless connectivity (secured) not working. I remove security from my router I am able to connect through this laptopt wireless connectivity (secured) not working. too but as soon as I apply security this Laptop says Access Local only I think the problem is smehting with DNS as when i try to check ipconfig from my other laptops the connection-specific DNS suffix is blank but for this laptop the connection-specific dns suffix is mshome net When i remove security it also is able to connect and shows the connection-specific DNS suffix as blank Please help as I have tried everything Ya more thing I too this laptop to my office wireles with security and there it was able to connect what could be the problem please respond nbsp

A:wireless connectivity (secured) not working.

Guys please let me know if any other details are required or pls guide me to some posting which will resolve this issue...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connectivity-secured-not-working.935053/
Relevancy 57.19%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58, x64 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1982 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 140647 MB, Free - 62895 MB; D: Total - 11978 MB, Free - 1512 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 30EA, 86.09, None3
Antivirus: Webroot AntiVirus with Spy Sweeper, Updated and Enabled

Computer will connect to non secured WIXFDR-117 Clear wirless but when I set any authentication security types it only connects to the modemn and not to the internet. I get a Local connection only on the networking screen. I have tried WPA and WPA2 with TKIP and AES encryptions.

It also will not connect using the ethernet cable on any settings.

This computer did connect to a secured network though a 3 year version of netgear but I do not know the security settings.

Any ideas? Thanks,

Relevancy 56.76%

Recently I've been having abyssmal internet speeds like mb s down when I am used to haven't at least - mb s down This Homegroup Secured Created Household Outside on Wireless is when I noticed that a homegroup was created on my network by a PC that is not Homegroup Created Outside Household on Secured Wireless associated with anything in my household My wireless has always been secured with WPA-TKIP but I guess someone has been able to get into my network and create a homegroup on it So I obviously can't remove the homegroup since I don't have the homegroup password or access to the PC that created it since it's kind of obvious some one has started stealing bandwidth recently I went ahead and changed all of my router wireless security settings but my concern is that my network can still be accessed through the homegroup Homegroup Created Outside Household on Secured Wireless that the intruder created even without the new keys This PC is not showing on my network however it isn't Homegroup Created Outside Household on Secured Wireless all that difficult to hide yourself I would also like to know if there's any way for me to get this homegroup off my network completely since I may want to use the homegroup functionality at some point down the line I have a linksys WRT G router with up to date firmware currently and I'm running Windows Pro -bit on this machine but I also have multiple other computers running both windows and vista on this network Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

A:Homegroup Created Outside Household on Secured Wireless

You can delete the network via the "network and sharing centre" on all pc's (in control panel) (vista similar) you can also enable passwords protect in advanced settings - on the top left side - click change advanced sharing settings - click connect or disconnect and then create new homegroup with password protect.
Probably the best group of settings can be found on the network and sharing page on the bottom left side - click homegroup and most settings you need will appear including the advanced settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/168841-homegroup-created-outside-household-secured-wireless.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I m having the same problem as another user Baduga whose thread is copied below I did download the driver version for the Broadcom b g WLAN device which was released February However when I try to connect to a secured wireless network it seems to see the router but just spins and spins with the message quot acquiring will connect HP not mini wireless a to network secured network address quot and HP mini will not connect to a secured wireless network it never actually connects Baduga below also had this problem once the drivers were updated He reported the fix was by following the instructions on HP customer service page that flavallee linked earlier It turns out my password was missing from the association page of the wireless network connection Can someone give that link again and be explicit about what you have to do to get to the association page of the wireless network connection and exactly which password needs to be entered there Many thanks NeverHadSoMany Problems with Wireless Connections Success at last Here is the support and software site for the HP Mini NR netbook You need to add and save this site to your browser favorites bookmarks list so you can refer to it when needed It came with Windows XP Home Edition SP pre-installed Here is the link to driver version for the Broadcom b g WLAN device which was released February Download and save the driver close all open windows first then double-click the saved file to install the driver then restart your computer I ll leave you with TerryNet from this point on if you need any further assistance ---------------------------------------------------------------- baduga Junior Member with posts Join Date Dec Experience Intermediate -Dec- PM Great I try this and let you know if it works Thanks flavallee Trusted Advisor with posts Join Date May Location Brandon Valrico Florida Experience Advanced -Dec- PM Please keep us posted and advise if you need further help ---------------------------------------------------------------- baduga Junior Member with posts Join Date Dec Experience Intermediate -Dec- PM Downloaded driver didn t change a thing Ready to pull my hair out baduga Junior Member with posts Join Date Dec Experience Intermediate -Dec- PM Ok guys after all this I finally fixed it by following the instructions on HP customer service page that flavallee linked earlier It turns out my password was missing from the association page of the wireless network connection Once I imput my password click on explorer and there it was finally connected No more quot acquiring address quot either nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-mini-will-not-connect-to-a-secured-wireless-network.1008216/
Relevancy 56.76%

I just bought a NetGear wireless USB adapter, WG111v2. I can't seem to get internet explorer working once I connect to a network, even though it does say I'm connected. I am also having trouble accessing my home wireless network, even though I disabled security. Anyone have any experience with this device??? What am I doing wrong?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-ie-with-wireless-connection.622648/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am running a secure wireless network using a CradlePoint MBR-1000. I currently have 2 Dell computers and 2 Toshiba computers running Windows XP that work great. I just purchased 2 new Toshiba computers (Model L550) to replace the old ones and they run Windows 7. I cannot get them to run on the wireless network.

I have upgraded the firmware on the CradlePoint to the latest version and that did not help. The Toshiba sees the network "ZZZ" but gives an error message of "limited access" and will not allow any internet access.

Help please!

Relevancy 56.33%

Help I have desk Wireless to Internet access setup secured via Unable tops and Laptop the desk tops are wireless connected via my Xfinity cable Modem and a Trendnet - mgb router setup Recently installed the Trendnet router initially w o security I was able to readily connect to and access all pcs to Internet However recently Unable to access Internet via secured Wireless setup went to Trendnet on line site and installed Router password security Was able to connect and access the Internet on of the desktop pcs as well as the Laptop However desktop running on Windows XP Professional SVCPK Optiplex G x does not permit access to Internet Once I get to the screen asking for the password network key I insert same I receive an error message stating quot Network key s b WEP pr a WPA key quot quot The network PW needs to be bits- to be entered as a - ascii character or a - hexadecimal characters quot FYI I went to the accessible desktops PCs an reviewed each of their quot wireless properties quot Advanc ed Settings which read -Netwk Auth - WPA -PSK amp Data Encryp- TKIP However the EX Prof pc s Wireless Advanced Settings options only have as options WPA-PSK amp WEP settings I imagine that this anomily is the reason I can t access the Internet on this PC nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

I went to a friends house to put a password on their wireless router (Netgear WGT624 v4). I also turned off SSID broadcasting. After that I plugged everything back in as normal.

There is one desktop, two laptops, iPhone, iPod, PS3 (wireless) and an XBox 360 (wireless), everything connects fine when I input the name of the network and password, except for one laptop. It "sees" the router and allows me to enter the password and "connect automatically" is selected, but after a couple seconds it will say can't connect.

A:Secured wireless router, now Windows 7 laptop can't connect.

what wireless encryption are you using?.

What is the laptops Make and model?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275583-secured-wireless-router-now-windows-7-laptop-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Levono Laptop running Windows XP Profressional that is connected through a LinkSys Router. I decided to remove Norton which only partiially uninstalled. Went to control panel and deleted any other Norton showing in Add and Room and then restarted the computer.

Now I can see that I am connected wirelessly through the LinkSys Router and that I have great connectivity but I can't open up Internet Explorer.

If I go into Safe Mode with Networking, I am able to get online and go right to Internet Explorer.

What do I need to do to fix the computer so I don't have to use Safe Mode to get IE to open.

I hope someone can tell me what I need to do. I am guessing it has to do with flushing the IPConfig but I don't remember how I've done it in the past.

Thanks for any and all help.

A:Wireless Connection works but can't open IE7.

Start in Safe ModeOpen My ComputerDouble click the C drive to open itLook for any folders named Symantic or NortonDelete all you findOpen the Programs Files folderLook for any folders named Symantic or NortonDelete all you findA tip on the Linksys router [I have been using one a long time],If you have the Linksys software installed it is not neccessary & can cause problems.I installed what came with my router when I got ot & couldn't get onlineUninstall all Linksys software & it works great !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/234340/wireless-connection-works-but-cant-open-ie7/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Levono Laptop running Windows XP Profressional that is connected through a LinkSys Router. I decided to remove Norton which only partiially uninstalled. Went to control panel and deleted any other Norton showing in Add and Room and then restarted the computer.

Now I can see that I am connected wirelessly through the LinkSys Router and that I have great connectivity but I can't open up Internet Explorer.

If I go into Safe Mode with Networking, I am able to get online and go right to Internet Explorer.

What do I need to do to fix the computer so I don't have to use Safe Mode to get IE to open.

I hope someone can tell me what I need to do. I am guessing it has to do with flushing the IPConfig but I don't remember how I've done it in the past.

Thanks for any and all help.

A:Wireless Connection works but can't open IE7

well I don't think flushing the dns cache will help with you problem. But you can do that by opening up command prompt and typing in ipconfig /flushdns and after you do that I will register the dns by typing ipconfig/registerdns. What I would try to do is a system file checker. That can be done by going to start >> run and typing sfc /scannow after doing that reboot and give her a shot.

*note* You may need you windows xp pro disc to run the system file checker.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-connection-works-but-cant-open-ie7-386132.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, please please can someone help me, I have a wireless router, two other laptops which are on vista work no problem, one xp laptop will not, its connected to wireless network and did work, but now will not, Ive tried everything, wipred ie 7 then reloaded, typed in manual ip address and DNS, can ping websites and get replies on comand prompt, can ping ip addresses also but just cannot get webpages up in ie , i have ipconfig/release i have ipconfig/flushdns, ipconfig/release i hvae netsh winsock release, I have winsockfix sheesh i really do not know what else to try! please can anyone help ...Di x

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-have-wireless-connection-but-cannot-open-webpages-319080.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi says disconnected wierdness. Wireless connect but on secured to can unsecured media For days now I have battled this problem and have had no joy I can connect to unsecured networks fine but when I try to connect to a secured network I fail ipconfig all shows the media as disconnected even though it isn t and if I try to connect again to an unsecured network it works fine If I use a cable straight into the access point everything works fine other laptops in the house work fine as well I have an HP pavilion laptop zd zd ea to be precise running XP I am using a wireless usb dongle which is a kcorp kls- I have posted the ipconfig all text below Wireless wierdness. can connect to unsecured but says media disconnected on secured I have the password for the secured network this problem has happened in various locations and my laptop is Wireless wierdness. can connect to unsecured but says media disconnected on secured the only common denominator I am sure it is to Wireless wierdness. can connect to unsecured but says media disconnected on secured blame Many thanks for your help G Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp CONNECTION TO UNSECURED NETWORK C Documents and Settings G gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name L Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Wireless g USB Adapter Physical Address - - B-D -EF-BF Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February CONNECTION TO THE SECURED NERTWORK C Documents and Settings G gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name L Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Wireless g USB Adapter Physical Address - - B-D -EF-BF CONNECTION TO THE SECURED NETWORK USING A CABLE C Documents and Settings G gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name L Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List SE Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix SE Description Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethe rnet NIC Physical Address -C - F- -B -D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained February Lease Expires March Thanks again G nbsp

A:Wireless wierdness. can connect to unsecured but says media disconnected on secured

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-wierdness-can-connect-to-unsecured-but-says-media-disconnected-on-secured.688155/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am using a Cisco WRT g wireless router with WPA encryption enabled One Vista laptop was configured to connect to the Network Devices Secured Accomodate Types Won't With Security?? of Different Wireless secure router It always connected and accessed the internet with no problem Yesterday I added a second laptop to the network It was an older Gateway running XP I used a wired connection to link it to the router rather than wireless because the laptop Secured Wireless Network Won't Accomodate Devices With Different Types of Security?? s wireless NIC couldn t detect the router I assumed because of the router s security settings I haven t inspected the older laptop s wireless settings in detail because the wired connection was convenient to setup The router accepted this older laptop via the wired conncetion with no problem The laptop could instantly access the internet and perform all internet related functions completely Secured Wireless Network Won't Accomodate Devices With Different Types of Security?? I am using it to write this message Problem The Vista laptop could not access the internet when the XP laptop was conncected to the router and powered on The Vista laptop detected the router but would not access the internet Limewire couldn t connect either As long as the older laptop was powered off I could restart the Vista laptop and it would connect to the internet with no problems However as soon as I powered up the older laptop the router would somehow be affected in such a way that the Vista laptop could no longer access the internet It wasn t until I disabled all wireless security in both the router and Vista Laptop that I was able to access the internet through both laptops concurrently Obviously security settings were somehow the problem I am posting this hoping that readers will understand and explain to me why the problem occurred in greater depth than just quot security settings were the problem quot I want to increase my wireless networking knowledge Please help nbsp

A:Secured Wireless Network Won't Accomodate Devices With Different Types of Security??

perhaps something is wrong with the gateway wireless, i take it onboard as you didn't say.
check device manager to see if the wireless adapter is shown with the caveat that "working ok" it may not really work.

even with older wep encryption it should pickup the signal, just can't connect because of wpa2 encryption.

no big surprise that it could connect wired.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/secured-wireless-network-wont-accomodate-devices-with-different-types-of-security.627631/
Relevancy 55.9%

I presently have desktops One is connected via wireless Netgear adapter I have the network secured with WPA It works fine The problem is I wireless secured to laptop Problem Solved: connecting network m trying to connect my laptop with a compatible same family Mbps wireless pc card I can connect to my neighbor s unsecured network which is across the street and about feet away with a weak Solved: Problem connecting wireless laptop to secured network signal yet downloads are quick The laptop is about Solved: Problem connecting wireless laptop to secured network feet from my router I finally got it to briefly connect to my secured network and then it apparently lost the connection I can t get beyond google s home page Netgear says it s connected but something it preventing the connection The firewall in the laptop is disabled If I type ipconfig I get IP address Subnet mask Default Gateway If I type ping www google com I get timed outs I ve downloaded Netgear s latest drivers for the laptop Suggestions Operating system Solved: Problem connecting wireless laptop to secured network in the laptop is XP Home Ed with everything updated nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

We are at a resort that has free wifi through an 'open' security setup...no wep...etc. The resort says not to worry..but...can anything you do while connected be accessed-stolen-copied-etc, while on-line.

More specifically...if you access your bank account...can your password...etc...be aquired by any outside source or computer hacker while using a open wireless setup outside your home...hotel...airport...etc ?

The Resort says banking etc sites use the https secured site so nothing can be hacked/stolen...but if you are on an open 3rd party wifi connections...is this true ??

Thanks...TiminAz

A:What's the danger of an 'open' wireless network connection ?

1) Anyone within range can use it.
2) If someone is clever enough they can hijack your passwords etc.
3) If you have the setting on they may be able to see your files.

HTTPS:
Https can still be cracked... Anything can. Using HTTPS is just more secure than normal protocol HTTP.

This is why you should always have a secure wireless.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/271896-whats-danger-open-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My friend gave me his laptop to diagnose Internal in secured Card connect laptop unse Wireless networks, to only won't Solved: It s an Acer with an Atheros AR BXB wireless card inside He is running Vista Basic It will connect to my network if I make it unsecure but as soon as I enable WEP or WPA it won t connect It sees the SSID and attempts to connect but Windows just gives a message saying it can t connect I bought a Sony Atheros AR BXB on eBay to see if it would work but I get the same results I installed Windows on the laptop Solved: Internal Wireless Card in laptop won't connect to secured networks, only unse to test it and it wouldn t connect at all whether it was unsecured or not I went to another friend s house and removed the internal wireless card from his HP laptop and stuck it in this Acer and it worked It was an Intel Wireless-N card The friend who owns this Acer laptop said it just stopped working one day It s weird that neither of the Atheros cards work but the Intel did I m thinking it s some kind of driver issue with the hardware and maybe my friend s driver got updated during an Automatic Update I plan to order the Intel AN MMWW and stick it in the Acer and hope it works Any ideas on why the Atheros cards didn t work other than a driver issue nbsp

A:Solved: Internal Wireless Card in laptop won't connect to secured networks, only unse

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internal-wireless-card-in-laptop-wont-connect-to-secured-networks-only-unse.946985/
Relevancy 53.75%

dear, i am using the wireless connection.(sharing with neighbour,he has connection).since 4 day i upgrade my visa.. regular upgrade..
now i am having problem in connectiob.all seemed nice..but
nothing work.no webpage open.(BUSY)..only skype work.
does my neighbour has put any restriction to open all page except the skype .. or some other error is there.

need help fix this connection error

A:wireless connection error.it seemed all nice.but no page open.only skype work

This kind of sharing is against the terms of service for the ISP. If you read the TSG Rules which you agreed to when you signed up, you'll see we don't support this kind of activity.

Closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-error-it-seemed-all-nice-but-no-page-open-only-skype-work.869738/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I m brand new here and I don t have tons of computer knowledge although I am learning I hope We bought a campground last year and were offering a wifi hot spot located near the camp office It was actually done by accident because we live in the same building and have our own home network secured the run i and can same router on unsecured internet router a an connection? of computers We have a Linksys WRT G router can i run a secured router and an unsecured router on the same internet connection? and a cable modem So the campers were hopping on our wireless I had some problems over the winter with someone using my credit card online I was advised to maybe try getting another router and a hub switch and basically to hook that hub switch to the cable modem and then hook both routers to that and to have one of the routers be secured WPA and the other unsecured for the campers to use as can i run a secured router and an unsecured router on the same internet connection? a wifi hotspot I also bought a Linksys range expander which I haven t set up yet If this configuration with routers on the same cable modem will work I will set up the range expander to the unsecured router I emailed linksys to ask them if this whole configuration was possible and the answer I received was basically not very straightforward but they made it sound like it couldn t be done So now I m asking you if it can be done the way I said or if there s another way I can offer an unsecured hot spot without compromising my own home network and security and without costing me a fortune Hope someone can help Thanks nbsp

A:can i run a secured router and an unsecured router on the same internet connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-run-a-secured-router-and-an-unsecured-router-on-the-same-internet-connection.561105/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi my laptop running xphome media center has a few problems IE closes before it completly opens i click on Network Connection Open, Assist No Ie7 Won't Search Won't Open, start search and nothinging happens i try to click and drag files but nothing happens My AVG e-mail scanner will not activate i've tried trend malicious removal tool adaware spybot smitfraud fix AVG total system scan but i don't want to restore my pc to new condition because of data e-mail photos that i have on there It will not connect to the internet wired or wirelessly but I Ie7 Won't Open, Search Assist Won't Open, No Network Connection can ping my router I have a hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System wltrysvc exeC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC WINDOWS system r server exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files BigFix bigfix exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Panasonic LUMIXSimpleViewer PhLeAutoRun exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeF hijackthis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www blingo com src hpR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www gateway com g startpage html Ch TB amp M MX O - Hosts HPF AE HP BBF AEO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - A E- - EAE-A - D F E C DE - C Program Files Starware bin Starware dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c windows system BAE dllO - Toolbar Starware - FB C- - CB - F -E F C - C Program Files Starware bin Starware dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startupO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exeO - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAYO - HKLM Run MSKDetectorExe C Program Files McAfee SpamKiller MS... Read more

A:Ie7 Won't Open, Search Assist Won't Open, No Network Connection

Hello nbcengineer and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. Let's do a little cleaning.Step #1There is an adware package called Starware that we should remove:Click Start.Click Control Panel.Double-click Add or Remove Programs.Look in the Currently installed programs box for each program listed below and if it is there:Click on it to select it.Click Change (or Change/Remove) button.If you are prompted to confirm the removal of the program, click Yes.Anything with Starware or RxToolbar in the nameStep #2Now start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:O1 - Hosts: HPF740AE HP0019BBF740AEO2 - BHO: (no name) - {45A4902E-4479-4EAE-A186-8D0F7E4C78DE} - C:\Program Files\Starware316\bin\Starware316.dllO3 - Toolbar: Starware316 - {9FB3908C-6565-4CB0-95F8-E9F85258723C} - C:\Program Files\Starware316\bin\Starware316.dllThere is also a remote administration service running on the computer. If you did not install this to allow remote access to this computer then also include the following item:O23 - Service: Remote Administrator Service (r_server) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\r_server.exe" /service (file missing)Now close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.Step #3We need to make sure all hidden files are showing so please:Click Start.Open My Computer.Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.Select the View tab.Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.Uncheck the Hide file extensions for known types option.Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.Click Yes to confirm.Click OK.Find the following files/folders and delete them (don't worry if they are already gone):C:\Program Files\Starware316\ <--folderC:\WINDOWS\system32\r_server.exe (only if you chose to remove it above in Step #2)Note: If you receive any error messages while trying to delete any of the above files/folders then reboot into Safe Mode and try to delete them again. See the instructions below on how to boot into Safe Mode.Restart the computer.As soon as BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the Advanced Options menu appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode menu item.Press the Enter key.Step #4Download ATF CleanerDouble-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Click Select All found at the bottom of the list.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser, do this also:Click Firefox at the top and choose Select All from the list.Click the Empty Selected button.NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser, do this also:Click Opera at the top and choose Select All from the list.Click the Empty Selected button.NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.Step #5OK. Reboot your computer normally, start HijackThis and perform a new scan. Use the Add Reply button to post your new log file back here along with details of any problems you encountered performing the above steps and I will review it when it comes in.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95330/ie7-wont-open-search-assist-wont-open-no-network-connection/
Relevancy 44.29%

Windows XP Service Pack Connection ADSLAV - Eset NodIf I m supposed to write something else as well please do say so For months it has been working fine Desktop computer connected to router via LAN or ethernet I don t know which expression is the right one laptop connected wirelessly to that same router and IPTV connected via LAN Then all of a sudden Laptop connection work, doesn't int. IPTV int. (LAN) and wireless desktop connection computer a few nights ago no internet connection on desktop comp with notification about no connectivity or low connectivity All indication lamps on the router show as before We have so far tried and nothing worked we have good working computer knowledge but not troubleshooting and stuff - restarted router many times- restarted computer many times- did Laptop wireless int. connection and IPTV work, desktop computer int. connection doesn't (LAN) a system restore- unplugged the router s power - disconnected laptop from the network - changed the LAN cable for a new one- changed the IP address Laptop wireless int. connection and IPTV work, desktop computer int. connection doesn't (LAN) from automatically to manually and typed some other addresses as advised by our ISP who in the end said that we need to reinstall the drivers for network card - following our ISP s advice we tried to find the the driver in device manager there was a driver named network controller we thought that was the one and uninstalled it rebooted the computer and tried to install the driver back from the disk that came with the computer supposedly all drivers on one disk but the disk said all drivers are installed Now we don t have that network controller installed Device manager isn t showing any exclamation marks or other marks Windows diagnostic says that router is working fine Also I don t know if it s related but the internet on the laptop is slower than before and many times I get web page unavailable connection time out and stuff

A:Laptop wireless int. connection and IPTV work, desktop computer int. connection doesn't (LAN)

Start/Run...type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

Click plus sign by Networ Adapters group.

What do you see?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278751/laptop-wireless-int-connection-and-iptv-work-desktop-computer-int-connection-doesnt-lan/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello Please help I have been trying to quot fix quot this issue on my laptop IP Valid Con Area Connection/Wireless a Have Local Solved: Network Connection Doesn't for the past month on and off I have been using other sources to access the internet reading up on resolutions on this issue and all kinds of forums I am knowledgeable but not able to understand some of the fixes and terms that I have come across I feel like I ve tried everything and still I cannot access the internet on my PC wired or wireless I have a Toshiba Satellite L -GS I tried to release amp renew my ipconig Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con Please see below for ipconfig Please help C windows system gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C windows system gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected C windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name jpharvey -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - -B -B -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- C- - - - C- C- -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - C- C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-wireless-network-connection-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-con.1016512/
Relevancy 44.29%

hey,

Today i have a new problem with my adsl. The wireless was working at full 'advertised' speed last night, then today i noticed the wireless connection symbol in the task bar had changed from 54mbs to only 2 mbs, and a speedtest showed that it was a tenth of the speed it used to be.

Because i just installed my modem yesterday, i thought maybe this was just the isp limiting my connection until i register the modem or something. However, when i connect an ethernet cable between the modem and my computer, the connection works at full advertised speed. Does this rule out the possibility that my isp is limiting my signal, and suggest that the problem is with my wireless settings? Thanks for any help. The modem is a speedtouch 780.

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi folks would greatly appreciate any help and advice on the following problem that s been happening over the last few months I have a Dell Dimension running Windows XP and use a Buffalo WBMR-G Wireless Router to connect to the internet I also connect wirelessly with a Dell Latitude laptop and an iPhone What s been happening on the desktop computer is a loss of connection for seconds at a time or so with the message Local Area Connection a network cable is unplugged Yet while my desktop is disconnected my other devices are using the wireless connection without a break so it doesn t look like there s anything wrong with my broadband provider The Network Connection properties are Intel R DC Gigabit Network Connection PCI bus device function Link speed Mbps Full Duplex Driver Version It seems to be happening much more dropping yet Desktop Connection remains fine on connection Wireless Solved: frequently in the evenings than during the day especially when using Skype Any pointers and help would be great let me know if you need any more info Many thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Connection dropping on Desktop yet Wireless connection remains fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connection-dropping-on-desktop-yet-wireless-connection-remains-fine.899518/
Relevancy 43.86%

Sony VAIO laptop running Windows Vista Business, Intel Centrino Duo, 1 gb RAM. Was recently traveling. Used hotel wireless. Now having trouble with home office wireless connectivity. Will conntect to home office Linksys N router. Will send via wireless to printers on network. Yet will not connect to internet via wireless. WILL CONNECT to intenet if connected to the router via a cable. Have tried release and reset IP address, reset TCP/IP stack, and reset winsock. Have done re-install of the Linksys software (deleted the connection and followed the add new computer steps in the Linksys program.) In past had a HP laptop running Windows XP that had same problem, but simple IP address release and reset would fix that one. Thanks to anyone who has the fix to this one! Icarus50

A:Solved: Vista Business Wireless connection OK but no connection to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-business-wireless-connection-ok-but-no-connection-to-internet.814998/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi there im new to the forums and i ve got a problem that laptop; LAN internet Working a no on wireless broken but connection connection s been a real pain for me lately I ve got a wireless connection in my house going through a Linksys WRT GC router and also a wired connection with Cisco gateway only laptop uses it About month ago some strange things began to happen with the wireless connection my PC seems not to be able to connect unless I reinstall the protocols and it s really annoying to do that every time I run my PC Also the wired connection stopped working probably because of cable being broken but it requires a router restart of the time when I want to connect the laptop that used to connect through cable to the wireless network The nd laptop has an issue mentioned in the title the LAN works but it can t connect to the Internet through the router Ipconfig all shows that DHCP isn t working there s no default gateway Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection and DNS seems to be wrong Could that all be related to router not being updated for a long time I tried reinstalling drivers unistalling and installing back network card and doing most of the things mentioned in similar threads but nothing seems to work I know it all looks very silly Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection but I can t do anything about it Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection at least now - I don t have access to any router settings and can t update it Every bit of help is appreciated I can paste all the information needed from all computers Operating systems are Windows on PC and the st laptop nd laptop is Vista nbsp

A:Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection

can we see the ipconfig /all and an xirrus screen shot

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/working-lan-but-no-internet-connection-on-a-laptop-broken-wireless-connection.1021421/
Relevancy 43.86%

hi everyone im almost having the same problem, i just purchased a wirless netgear wgt624 router and i have a hp vista laptop. i also have an arris touchtone comcast dsl modem. my problem is that i can connect to the internet wirelessly thought the router. but i can not connect on the internet on my desktop. i would like to get the internet goin at the same time both through the router. i have tried to insert an e cable from the router directly to the computer but i get limited or no connectivity. and its not the cable bcuz i swapped out with another e cable and the same result occurs. plz help

A:Wireless internet connection on Vista laptop but no connection on desktop

i have a hp pavillion dv6000 and its running on vista home premium

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-internet-connection-on-vista-laptop-but-no-connection-on-desktop.108163/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

Hoping someone can help.

I have a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows XP with a wireless connection to a broadband router.

Several weeks ago my laptop started dropping the internet connection randomly (I'm alos unabel to access email when this happens).

My wireless network icon in my toolbar shows the connection as 'Excellent' but for some reason both Internet and Email is not available. The only way to fix the problem has been to restart my laptop which is very frustrating.

I've noticed that this also happens randomly when I'm at home (using different wireless broadband modem) so I think the issue is my laptop not the 2 x routers/modems.

I'm running NOD32 for security as well (but have been for 4 years now with no problems till now).

Please help.

Relevancy 43.86%

Cannot connect to home wireless network with Toshiba Satellite laptop running Vista with SP2. Other family wireless devices working fine and good internet connection using ethernet cable from my laptop to router.

Problem just started today after trying public free wireless in airport early today. Would not connect and got a security certificate warning on another free internet network. So, did not use. Internet worked fine tethered to my phone.

I have an internal wireless g card and a usb plug-in wireless n adapter. Neither one works now. In network status section of control panel shows good network connection but red X before internet connection icon.

I ran a Norton scan and Malwarebytes scan in safe mode with no issues. Also tried to connect wireless in safe mode with no success.

Lastly I did system restore to a few days ago when wireless connection was working fine. No success there either.

A:[SOLVED] Good wireless network connection but no internet connection

you have not accedently switched OFF the wireless at all

can we see an ipconfig /all and ping tests and an xirrus screen shot

also delete all the profiles

How to remove Wireless Profiles
Removing an existing wireless "profile"
b]- Vista/Windows7:[/b]
FAQ - Welcome to TP-LINK
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Quote:

For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is working

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Direct link to the program is here Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-good-wireless-network-connection-but-no-internet-connection-599619.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey,
I have a internet connection through a cable modem.
The modem is a Scientific Atlanta webstar 2100 and also using a wireless router that's a Linksys WRT54GS.
I connect it to my computer and everything. The wireless works fine (i'm using a laptop to create this post). However, it is not a secure network so I wanted to add a password. The problem is that the host computer that is connected to the router has no internet connection. When I open internet explorer or try to find a connection through the troubleshoot, it says it can't find one. Can anybody figure out why this would happen and how to fix it? I think I have the modem's drivers and stuff updated to the host computer and stuff.
Therefore, I have no wait getting to the ip address and/or setting up a secure network.

Please help me,
Thanks

A:Wireless connection works, but Host computer's connection doesn't

would explain how all connected - all PC should be connected to the router - so there should not be a HOST PC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-works-but-host-computers-connection-doesnt.936364/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I have windows Pro installed I have a DSL connection that requires a username and password I have read connection sharing internet as connection Solved: wireless Help wired a with the tutorials for setting up ICS in windows but it is not working for me In my change adapter settings page I have connections LAN Wireless and M this is the dial-up for the username and password Here s what I have done I have Solved: Help with sharing wired internet connection as a wireless connection enabled ICS for M and created an ad-hoc wireless connection called M network I basically want to share my wired connection with my iPhone Everything is ok as far as connecting my iPhone to M network but when I try to use the internet all i get is a connecting message on my phone and it doesnt go any further I have used this network before to connect air mouse on my phone that lets me use my phone as a touchpad It still works fine that way but I cant use internet I have even tried enabling the ICS on LAN instead but got the same results Am I doing something wrong nbsp

A:Solved: Help with sharing wired internet connection as a wireless connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-with-sharing-wired-internet-connection-as-a-wireless-connection.884605/
Relevancy 43.86%

My dad just bought a new wireless router and out of our computers mine is having a problem My computer is a Dell Vostro with a Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card I am able to connect to the connection but not stay online I am not sure in what intervals I am being disconnected but it is super frustrating haha It seems my 1390 Issues Wireless Mini-Card- Wireless Connection WLAN Dell connection status is stuck on Authenticating I hope someone can help me I am quite unfamiliar with troubleshooting networking outside of Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues the simplest tasks Thank you in advance for any help Also I read an old post about someone else with a very similar problem and someone had said quot Start Run CMD OK to open a command prompt Type the following command IPCONFIG ALLRight click in the command window and choose Select All then hit Enter Paste the results in a message here quot So trying to maybe help find a solution sooner here are my results Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Sherry Berry gt ipconfig Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sherry Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd nj comcast net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd nj comcast net Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - D- -B - C- C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday January PM Lease Expires Tuesday January PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - D- -A - -B C Documents and Settings Sherry Berry gt nbsp

A:Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues

Hi:Is this ipconfig /all at failure time ?
Try two things.
Go to the router makers site and download any more current firmware for your model.
Change the wireless channel being used.1/6/11 are US preferred.
Also:
1. Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.from your pc maker&#8217;s web site

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-1390-wlan-mini-card-wireless-connection-issues.895391/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I currently connect to the internet through a wired ethernet port in the wall which connects to my university's network.

I want to make this wireless since I bought a new macbook and was wondering if this product would do it? http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006PYGWG6

I don't know much about it but I was concerned because the Router Mode says 'cable connection only' and I'm not sure the connection is cable (is it ADSL?). Will I need anything else like a modem?

Any advice?

A:Making an ethernet university connection wireless with TP-LINK Wireless Travel Router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/making-an-ethernet-university-connection-wireless-with-tp-link-wireless-travel-router.1108900/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have recently sorted out the wireless connection of a child's laptop to a wireless printer. It works perfectly. Howver, the parent's, wired, desktop computer does not now print. No changes were made to the desktop , which was working fine before this.. I am not at the location now but are there any ideas why this should suddenly occur. Both computers are running XP.

A:Wireless printer not printing from wired computer after connection by wireless lapto

Wireless printers can be connected both by USB and wireless simultaneously. However, I have come across many that say they should but don't do so easily. Sometimes they have to be setup wireless first then USB and others vice versa..
In my opinion, it is probably the best option to add the printer to the desktop through the network. Then there should be no problems with setup. Hope that helps..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-printer-not-printing-from-wired-computer-after-connection-by-wireless-lapto.998920/
Relevancy 43.86%

Sorry I just edited this because I realized the title said Wireless Router it s actually a gateway Can t fix it I have a Netgear CGD G Wireless Gateway and a Gateway MA laptop with after-market Windows Vista got a virus went ahead and upgraded Now when I download MB files on my Xbox Which is wired to the modem it will be downloaded in a couple slow with Netgear Only one Wireless Router CGD24G computer wireless connection, minutes or less The other computers in my house There are plenty and even more that come and go get a blazing internet connection and most of them are wireless Now this computer which had an extremely quick connection as well all of a sudden dropped off while the rest of the computers remain fast I ve gone to Speedtest net before Only one computer with slow wireless connection, Netgear CGD24G Wireless Router and after this occurred and my speed before was around mb Only one computer with slow wireless connection, Netgear CGD24G Wireless Router s and one time around AM was even upward of Only one computer with slow wireless connection, Netgear CGD24G Wireless Router mb s all of these tests were performed multiple times on different server locations I JUST did the speedtest and it came back with mb s and the UL speed was I honestly can t remember what I averaged with it prior to the problem but it was definitely higher as well This started happening a little less than a week ago and I ve downloaded changed nothing major with the computer and have mainly used it for light browsing and an occasional download Also this is mainly just a hobby fix I have a long enough cable to wire the computer straight to the gateway so I really don t want to buy new hardware or anything of that sort I just wanted to see what could be done about this Thank you Another edit I just tried this in IE because I realized I hadn t tried it with another browser but the result is the same nbsp

A:Only one computer with slow wireless connection, Netgear CGD24G Wireless Router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-one-computer-with-slow-wireless-connection-netgear-cgd24g-wireless-router.973159/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a new dual band wireless-AC router Linksys EA and just installed an Intel AC wireless card in Wireless on equipment to 54mb/s Speed Connection limited Wireless-N my laptop The wireless network I am connected to indicates that it is a n connection but in the Wireless Network Connection Status it only shows a connection speed of mb s The router is capable of mb s in Wireless Connection Speed limited to 54mb/s on Wireless-N equipment the ghz band and mb s in the ghz band Using inSSIDer to examine the networks it shows that when I'm connected to the ghz network it has a max rate of mb s I have tried everything I can think of and have searched and searched to no avail If my router is an AC router and my wireless card is an AC card why is my connection speed limited to mb s I also have another computer with a wireless-N card and the connection speed is also limited to mb s on that computer too I've attached a screenshot showing the connection speed

A:Wireless Connection Speed limited to 54mb/s on Wireless-N equipment

Have you tried checking the various setting in the network folder? Also, your router has a configuration web page doesnt it? a page you would go to; in order to change the router settings? If so, log into that page and check the router settings. Also; even though the router is new I believe you mentioned; there might be a firmware upgrade for the router that you should be able to easily check for. Im not familiar with the type of router you have. but you should be able to get into the settings fairly easily.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/323962-wireless-connection-speed-limited-54mb-s-wireless-n-equipment.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I saw some people having trouble with extremely slow wireless connections using an Intel Centrino Wireless n-1030 card. The original thread is closed, so the problem may already be solved, but if anyone is still experiencing this problem, here is what worked for me:

This NIC is a dual band card (802.11 + bluetooth), and with some routers having the bluetooth enabled really slowed down the 802.11n connection (it didn't seem to happen with my netgear router, but when I switched to linksys, WHAMMO!).

Anyway, when I disabled the Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager the problem was completely solved (uhhhh except I need to use a dongle to make my bluetooth mouse work now... small price to pay IMO)

Anyway, just thought I'd share my experience. Hope it can help someone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-wireless-connection-intel-centrino-wireless-n-1030.1051165/
Relevancy 43.43%

I bought a toshiba satellite m -s on April It has an intel pro wireless bg adapter - driver v I have it connected a netgear wgr v router it has a problem maintaining a constant speed I watched the network monitor on the notebook and it always shows a quot connection excellent quot however the speed is not constant - it will vary from - issue pro intel wireless speed connection 2200bg wireless mbsp to wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg mbsp - but seldom does it maintain the mbsp on I sent the machine to toshiba - they replaced the network adapter - or so they said and wiped the hard drive and reinstalled the original software I rec d the machine back and find that the problem has not changed - it still will not maintain a steady speed so viewing files on other pcs on the lan takes forever and page loads on the net can also occupy too much time I have an older toshiba satellite with a netgear wireless wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg wg t adapter I have watched the monitor on that one and it will show connection excellent and maintains a steady speed of mbsp these two machines can be sitting side by side or in separate rooms and still the old one will maintain it s connection and speed but the new will not maintain the speed I called toshiba up again and they want to say it s my router I explained to them that another toshiba on the same network does not faulter -- so how can it be the router they didn t want to but they are quot granting quot me service to send the machine back to them again I haven t done that yet as I thought I would see if there was some real help elsewhere -- like perhaps here just to be on the CYA side I updated the firmware on the netgear router - the problem remained also after reading several wireless issues on this board and learning how to do pings and such I did wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg run the DrTCP and changed the mtu to dsl modem netopia caymen series router netgear v windows xp home - on all computers anyone have any idea why the new toshiba will not maintain a speed on the same router as the old toshiba that continues to work and maintain a speed I would prefer to resolve this issue without having to send it off to toshiba again as I m not convinced they actually checked the problem before swapping parts and reformatting nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

when i double click the icon in my systray of the the flashing monitor, which opens my wireless network connection status window, the number next to Speed fluctuates between 11.0 Mbps to 54.0 Mbps. I just updated my dlink wbr 2310 routers firmware to 1.03 from 1.02 because previously i was getting randomly disconnected. Its only been a couple days, but i havnt yet noticed that ive been randomly disconnected anymore, but now my connection speed fluctuates, where with the old firmware, i never once saw it change. what could be causing this change? as its screwing up my online gaming, causing me to lag when it drops way down. I never had a problem with the speed changing before, and cant find any setting that looks like it could be linked to such an event, though im no networking expert, so i may be missing something. what does anyone think of this problem? thanks.

A:Wireless speed under wireless network connection status fluctuating????

google for a program called Network Stumbler. When it runs, you can see other
wifi systems near by and the real asset is the disclosure of all the channels in use.

pick a channel that is not used

monitor what activities you are performing when the connection rate changes;
it's likely that it only occurs when you're gaming. In that case, the stress of the
networked game is the actual cause of the rate change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-speed-under-wireless-network-connection-status-fluctuating.77396/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a Presario M with Windows XP I have been using a Linksys WRT G wireless router for three years with no problems Recently a Solved: Reset the now secure wireless can't router wireless connection! relative unable to find the Encryption Key quot reset quot the router It still works fine but it is now an unsecured connection I tried to secure the connection by running the Linksys installation CD four times I called Linksys and was informed that my service contract which I did not know I had had expired If I paid them they would walk me through a new installation that I could make secure I tried to check out their website linsysbycisco com but it seems not to exist I had no idea that I would not be able to change the security settings of the router after a certain amount of time Is there anything I can do short of paying them to make the wireless router connection secure I am a new member and posted this question twice as I titiled my first inquiry with my user name sorry wont do it again Solved: Reset wireless router now can't secure the wireless connection! nbsp

A:Solved: Reset wireless router now can't secure the wireless connection!

That is a pretty common Linksys router and you should just be able to download the router manual from Linksys's website and go into the Web Interface of the router to setup the Wireless encryption again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-reset-wireless-router-now-cant-secure-the-wireless-connection.841000/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi everyone I work in an office where we have a main desktop computer which is connected to the internet via a Time Warner modem The modem is connected by cable to a netgear wireless router and up until today there have been no problems connecting to the internet from internet connection network Wireless lost connection the laptops that use the wireless connection Today for no reason with no changes upgrades or anything different at all I am now getting the message that my laptop sees the wireless network but claims the network has no internet access not true I am able to connect to the internet from the desktop which is where I'm typing from So we have internet coming into the office and the desktop but suddenly the router isn't broadcasting the wireless signal any more Wireless network connection lost internet connection I ran windows network diagnostics several times and I've gotten different responses one said quot wireless connection doesn't have valid IP configuration quot another said quot the default gateway is not available quot and quot tourbleshooting couldn't identify the problem quot I'm reasonably computer savvy and I can follow instructions so does anyone have any ideas where I should start Many thanks Caroline

A:Wireless network connection lost internet connection

The first thing to try is to power everything off, Cable mode, router and computers. Then power them on again in sequence. Cable modem, router then computer. Let each device settle down before going on to the next.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118734-wireless-network-connection-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello all I have a rather odd problem I personally have never encountered maybe some of you big brains can help me figure it out I have a Att Westell Dsl router broadcasting wireless at megs I connect to this router with different machines A laptop Acer and a desktop computer self built whose mobo is an Asus M N - SLI and is running win xp pro sp It is connected via ethernet through it s onboard gigabit ethernet port which uses Nforce drivers for it s adapter Yes sucks but it is fine for general use I am the only person using it and im in a rural area with no alternative My laptop connects and uses this wireless signal with no problems I am even able to play games like World Of Warcraft and other non-broadband intensive games on it My desktop which has the latest nforce ethernet drivers connected via ethernet is in most cases not usable connection??? my ethernet than connection faster Wireless Solved: at all It connects and I get the standard mbps connection notification yet it usually cannot even load a web page completely I open its status dialog and see that packet flow is very slow I have tried rolling back the driver this does not help I have deleted the driver altogether and rebooted the machine this does not help Other than this Solved: Wireless connection faster than my ethernet connection??? my desktop runs the way it should I built it and would consider myself an advanced computer user so I do not believe it is my machine I have looked for obtuse registry entries and services as culprits but I can find nothing out of place This is the first time I have encountered this any ideas nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless connection faster than my ethernet connection???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection-faster-than-my-ethernet-connection.1101093/
Relevancy 43.43%

My Verizon wireless cellular air-card G hotspot modem router jet pack l constantly times out or only partially loads pages while browsing the internet Or I drops constantly connection Verizon connection Wireless get an error that the quot server not found quot This had happened ever since I got a new PC with Windows I have reset the modem reseated the SIM card checked for new soft ware and firmware none at this time I have updated my network adapter driver Checked for a hidden Microsoft mini adapter none there Checked Microsoft s support forums for compatibility issues Nothing has helped What else can I do Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G HR Antivirus Norton Updated and Verizon Wireless connection constantly drops connection Enabled Windows IP Configuration Host Name Peggy-XPS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DW n WLAN PCIe Card Physical Address C -CB- - - -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f ee cea e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September AM Lease Expires Friday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -E - - B- B-B -FD- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C CE C -F D- E C-BFA - E D A F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Verizon Wireless connection constantly drops connection Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c bf e c b c be Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe bf e c b c be Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hey I ve been having this problem ever since coming back home from university My laptop doesnt seem to be able to stay internet not to connection connection but Losing laptop wireless on the internet very well I ll be randomly browsing downloading whatever and then suddenly it ll stop The wireless icon on the taskbar comes up with a amp quot amp quot and says no internet access The wireless connection is still full strength at this point but no internet What I don t understand is that the internet connection to the main computer which is wired works fine all the time the internet connection works on the other wireless laptops in the house and at uni I Losing internet connection to laptop but not wireless connection have no problems with the wireless internet I don t know where the problem can be Turning off the wireless card and turning it back on works for a few minutes or so restarting the computer works for a bit longer It usually works just long enough for me to get the false hope that it s fixed itself Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F BCHR H CN U VD Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled I m not particularly tech savvy computers and myself dont seem to get on very well I ve absolutely no idea where to go from here Cheers for any help guys nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

I am trying to set up a new Thinkpad laptop to work on Works, Connection Doesn't Wireless Connection Ethernet my HOME workgroup and Wireless Connection Works, Ethernet Connection Doesn't on a new OFFICE workgroup I have used the HOME workgroup for many years with many computers without a problem but this is the first time I have needed to set up two networks and a laptop that works on both I got a new Thinkpad and rented a new office at the same time - big mistake - I am trying to configure the laptop to belong to the OFFICE workgroup but have access to computers shared devices from the HOME workgroup when I am on the home network and of course share the Internet connection on both networks - Both networks have a Wireless Router with firewall - the one at HOME is a Linksys - the one at the OFFICE is a Netgear - Because of the firewall in the router I have turned off Windows Firewall although interestingly it seems to turn on by itself quite often on the Thinkpad - another issue i need to get to the bottom of - HOME network is cable cable modem OFFICE is a T- - I am trying to use IBM s quot Access Connections quot tool to create two network profiles so that I can easily switch from OFFICE to HOME The HOME wifi is unsecured while the office is WEP Both the wired ethernet and wireless connections work fine at the office but at home the wired connection cannot renew the IP address and so IBM Access Connections automatically fires up the wireless radio and is only able to connect that way The Local Connection at home shows in the system tray with a quot quot and a tooltip status of quot Limited or no connectivity quot When I click on the quot Local Area Connection quot myself via Network Places and click Repair it gets stuck in the same place - trying to renew the IP address - and I get this message Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed Renewing your IP address For assistance contact the person who manages your network and since the person who manages my network is me I m not much help So I am assuming it is something to do with DHCP but I can t figure out why it works one place and not the other I have tried recreating both networks via the quot Set up a Home Office Network quot wizard and have even switched the Thinkpad back and forth between workgroups to try to get a configuration that works - but to no avail Any advice would be greatly appreciated Geoff nbsp

A:Wireless Connection Works, Ethernet Connection Doesn't

Check the cable, that's the most likely suspect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-works-ethernet-connection-doesnt.427555/
Relevancy 43.43%

hello
when i connect my hp probook 4520s to my sony vpcyb4ajg with Ethernet cable on my Hp wireless disconnects and can not be connected until i disconnect lan cable. but on my sony i have both wired and wireless connections simultaneously
hp:Windows 8 x64 realteck Ethernet and atheros wireless
sony: win 7 x86 atheros Ethernet atheros wireless

A:[SOLVED] wired connection prevents wireless connection

Moved to networking for further assistance please follow the instructions here Pre-posting Requirements - for both Wired and Wireless Connectivity Issues

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-wired-connection-prevents-wireless-connection-694569.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Using this site- http://www.speedtest.net/- my wired machines a extremely faster than my wireless ones. Are there settings that have to be configured?

thanks

Relevancy 43.43%

Question: Is is possible to take a incoming WiFi connection, say over a laptop and then push that connection to the internet thru your ethernet to the incoming side of a router, where the router can then push out the signal?

Basically what I'm trying to do is setup a wireless on wireless ad-hoc network. My incoming connection is not wired, its wireless. So will I be able to do that some how? Or second, what If I had a external USB wireless adapter? Could I use that to recieve the internet signal then create a ad-hoc wireless network and use my internal card to support that network, while the external usb adapter supports the main line network?

Thanks,
Justin

A:Using a wireless connection to create another wireless connection

Well, you can receive the incoming signal with a wireless bridge product, and connect that device to a router and rebroadcast the signal, would that do the trick?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-a-wireless-connection-to-create-another-wireless-connection.954723/
Relevancy 43%

Hello All Personal preliminaries non-tech microsoft office webservices After moving to a new country we purchased a wireless internet connection the problem started there - we could have gone for a wired solution It comes out with a PCMCIA card and a software to run it It connects to my laptop which has a PCMCIA slot After purchasing a PCMCIA slot adopter for the desktop PC it can be inserted to my desktop PC also to connect to the internet We have a wireless router Com that we used before to connect connection wireless PCMCIA wireless router? card to our wired broadband connection In our previous posting we used to connect all our laptops PC and Mac computer and the printer to the home network Here though the PCMCIA PCMCIA card wireless connection to wireless router? card connects PCMCIA card wireless connection to wireless router? to laptop and desktop PCMCIA card wireless connection to wireless router? individually we could not create a home network The connection doesn t seem to go through the LAN configurations The LAN wired connections between the laptop and PC show each other but cannot share the internet connection The new PCMCIA solution won t run on the Mac-Mini because neither the software nor the hardware is compatible Each time we shift the PCMCIA card to either the laptop or desktop PC to surf We shift files through USB to print via the desktop PC to which the printer is connected You know what a pain it is Switching to wired connection plan is not possible currently because of the annual contract we have signed fine prints has a penalizing clause with a couple of hundred dollar penalty Is there a way We want to use the PCMCIA card wireless connection to get the internet connection But we want that to be shared through the wireless router that we have Any clarification or guidance would be sincerely appreciated Regards Sri nbsp

A:PCMCIA card wireless connection to wireless router?

a little obscure;

I assume you have something like

Code:
modem---wifi.router
and two systems which flip-flop the PCMCIA adapter to get Internet access
(which means only one at a time can be online). Apparently you want TWO
PCMCIA cards and the ability to have both systems online and accessing each other.

q1: Can you connect the WiFi PCMCIA to the router and get online at all.
Usually we need a wired connection to the router to reconfig the
SSID, Channel, and encryption keys. Reconfiguring can not be done with the
WiFi connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcmcia-card-wireless-connection-to-wireless-router.112698/
Relevancy 43%

I'm running a Toshiba Satellite L300 with Windows Vista Home Premium x64 and a T6400 processor. I haven't had any connection problems untill now. The problem I'm having now is Windows cannot find any wireless networks. I can connect through a Ethernet cable but not wirelessly. Another thing that bothers me is that I can't enable the network connection in the network connections folder. I don't know why this is happening suddenly as I haven't made any changes involving my network settings at all. I've looked it up on the internet but couldn't find anything that would help me. One solution that looked promising was: no wireless networks were found in range error

That didn't work though because my "event log" service was already set to Automatic so my case must be different. All help is appreciated and thanks a lot.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/238201-cannot-find-wireless-networks-cannot-enable-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 43%

I have recently put together a computer with a wireless adapter and Windows This was WPA, it as connection detects computer is but wireless Windows 7 wireless - WEP my My in addition to my computer running Windows Vista that has been plugged into my router In the past if a friend came round with a laptop they could detect my wireless network and connect to it using the WPA key However with my new PC this is not the case The computer picks up the connection but stubbornly Windows 7 - My wireless connection is WPA, but my wireless computer detects it as WEP believes it is a WEP connection when I try to connect to it using my WPA security key I get an error Entering admin seems to do the job This is no the case however After some time the computer only gains limited connectivity with the network and tries telling me to turn my router on and off again which I have done I tried manually changing the connections settings I told the computer it was a WPA - Personal Which it is and input the correct security key After doing that however I was told that The settings of the network do not match the settings of the network and couldn t connect to the network at all To get round this I simply removed the connection from my list of wireless connections but now I m left back at square one Why on earth is this happening Why is it that other devices including laptops with Vista and and even my Xbox can connect to my network but my computer can t nbsp

A:Windows 7 - My wireless connection is WPA, but my wireless computer detects it as WEP

Do you have the latest correct wireless adapter driver?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-my-wireless-connection-is-wpa-but-my-wireless-computer-detects-it-as-wep.996142/
Relevancy 43%

Here is my question, My roommate has a wireless network installed in the apartment we share. It is actually set up nicely, very rarely any problems getting on-line and browsing and such. The router is a Netgear WNDA 3700 and cable service is thru Comcast. I play a lot of on-line games and sometimes the connection will drop and I get a lot of lag and sometimes die (no fun). I was wondering if it is possible to run a Cat 5 cable from the back of the router straight to my computer, there is 1 connection available on the router, and If this is possible I want to make sure it won't interfere with him getting on the internet and doing whatever he does while I'm on-line. Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

Relevancy 42.57%

I ve had this problem connection connection wireless interferes with Wired for Wired connection interferes with wireless connection a while now and until recently I was fine with having my wired adapter disabled But now I want to use this computer to use ICS This has been a problem for as long as I can remember using my computer in this house There s actually a few different things that happen but I feel certain that they are related I have my computer connected wirelessly to the houses main router which provides internet access I have plugged into my Wired connection interferes with wireless connection computer a connection to a switch in Wired connection interferes with wireless connection my room Regardless of whether or not something else is connected to the switch I often can t access the internet while it s plugged into the switch Sometimes I can but I m not sure what situation allows me to do so I just keep disabling the adapter or unplugging and replugging it or switching off the switch or some combination of the three until it lets me use the internet while being connected to the wired connection Even when it does work it tends to be quite slow and drop out for short irregular periods I have a PS connected to the switch which I want to be able to go onto the internet with using the wires keeping the wireless free to be used for AdHocParty I have configured the IP manually setting the default gateway to my computers IP address on the switches network and the DNS servers as my computers IP on the wireless network and the routers IP on the wireless network I don t know if it should but it works perfectly for a while I can use the internet fine with the wired connection but after about minutes yes every time it s about minutes I suddenly lose the connection If I do the quot network test quot it reconnects me and I have another minutes of the internet working fine This is true if I continually use the internet or if I only use it a little bit then leave it for a few minutes However if I leave it alone for long enough it reconnects to the internet Often when my PS gets disconnected I have a problem using the internet with my computer too pages take a long time to load if they load at all etc I have told the computer that it isn t allowed to turn off the network adapters to save power Strangely if I have a constant stream like a voice chat going even if my internet doesn t work for anything else I try to use it for it will continue to work for the voice chat And my computer maintains that I have internet access it s just that pages won t load If I go to the adapter settings page go to Advanced - gt Advanced Settings I have my wireless connection on top of the list then my ethernet Many times I have my web browser trying to load a page while this is happening then in a smaller window I disable my ethernet adapter and the web page in the background instantly begins to load properly without me having to refresh or anything like that I have Hamachi and ForceBindIP installed I don t use them for any of this but they are the only programs that I can think of that might be interfering Although I m pretty sure I had this problem before I installed either of them Specs OS Windows Ultimate CPU Intel i GHz GPU Nvidia GB GTX Palit Sonic overclocked edition Motherboard Asus P P LX - On-Board ethernet adapter - External USB wireless adapter nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-connection-interferes-with-wireless-connection.1015247/
Relevancy 42.57%

I cannot connect to any wireless connection secured or not It worked before but i don t a connection connection can cannot establish wireless detect but know what went wrong that I cannot connect now I have a dell inspiron running on windows vista I have a little knowledge in troubleshooting a wireless connection but I really can can detect wireless connection but cannot establish a connection t connect My wireless utility card can detect a wireless connection but cannot establish an association can detect wireless connection but cannot establish a connection What s wrong with it And by the way i have a windows mobile and it can connect to my router wirelessly with no problem So i guess the problem is in my laptop Lastly i don t have any problem with wired connection Here are the things that I have done already but with no avail tried connecting to other wireless connection tried updating the wirless card driver tried disabling enabling the wireless adapter tried changing from wep to wpa and to unsecured tried powercylce - modem-router and my laptop tried system restore on the first day i was not able to connect wirelessly My observation or error i found in the event viewer log for wlan-tray unable to gain access to user store unable to set country code setting country code zz for unknown region HOPE you can help me with this godbless too all nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-detect-wireless-connection-but-cannot-establish-a-connection.883184/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi..Im trying to switch back to the regular internet connection (ie plugged into my computer) from wireless..but I cant seem to get it...when I try to renew the IP it says the DNS server cant be found and the IP address is 0.0.0.0...anyway to resolve this ?? any help is appreciated

A:How do you go back to a regular connection from wireless connection ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-go-back-to-a-regular-connection-from-wireless-connection.415146/
Relevancy 42.57%

I just got a new laptop and usually connected through a wireless connection. I have recently started using remote desktop connection. I have connected twice successfully. Both times it was when I was connected through a Cad-5. Once at a friends house and another at my families place. I have never connected while the laptop has been wireless. Do I need to do something different to connect remotely when I am using the laptop wirelesslly?

A:Remote Desktop Connection With Wireless Connection

Nope.
Cat-5 or Wireless is still a LAN, and the RDP(RDC) does not see it as any different, it may just be a little slower.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-desktop-connection-with-wireless-connection.423963/
Relevancy 42.57%

Ok, my problem started about 2 months ago, i'd try connecting to a game that required internet, and my connection would almost always be lost. A month ago, i couldn't connect to most of my games but Warcraft3 and Counter-Strike 1.6. Just about a week ago, i start losing my connection to both games. 3 days ago, my biggest problem arrived, my computer wasn't able to pick up any wireless networks to connect to. So, I haven't had a connection since then.
If you need any other information to help me with this problem, ask,
Jaymes

A:Started losing wireless connection, then no connection at all.

we need to knwo if its lap/desktop, what model/make the wifi card is and what access point/router etc your using..

but some ideas in the meantime
1. get a friend;s laptop with wifi and see if it will connect to the router
2. install your wifi card in question on a different machine, security settings and all
3. if you cant still pick up anything with the pc goto teh nearest place that you knwo will have a wifi hotspot active (if its not a desktop )
4. cable to your router/access point directly and with teh help of another pc/laptop with wifi see if it picks any signal up.
5. observe any changes that happend to before and during your problem period ie: new furnature, weather conditions, tv, radio, electrical stuff etc... move the access point around a bit see if it helps out
6. using cable directly to your internet connection and verify all is ok...

those steps should tell you whats at fault, or at least give us a sign

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/started-losing-wireless-connection-then-no-connection-at-all.43538/
Relevancy 42.57%

This crops up now and then in my clients machine repairs. Usually a complete reformat and reinstall sorts it. This time no joy. Windows XP on client's Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop.
Procedure was files and settings transfer before reformat. After reinstallation of Win XP restored files and settings. LAN connection to internet ok. Wireless connection to router ok. No Internet via wireless connection. Help!
Thanks in anticipation
Les

A:No internet connection yet wireless connection ok to router

If the net is seen by the wireless then its usually the Password and/or WEP/WAP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-internet-connection-yet-wireless-connection-ok-to-router-373294.html
Relevancy 42.57%

After connecting to the internet on my laptop, the internet connection will work great for 10 minutes or less than it slows down drastically or essentially not working at all. If I disconnect and reconnect it will work again but just for a short amount of time. The wireless connection works great on iPod, IPhone, and tablet.
Downloaded Kaspersky Antivirus which said it fixed some viruses but internet got worse after that. Tried restoring the computer to factory settings and the internet stays connected for what seem a few minutes longer. Please help.

A:Wireless connection stops after a few minutes of connection

Tried restoring the computer to factory settings and the internet stays connected for what seem a few minutes longer. Click to expand...

was that a complete factory re-installation or just a restore to an earlier date

make and model of the pc - you should install the latest driver again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-stops-after-a-few-minutes-of-connection.1086124/
Relevancy 42.57%

So last night my wired connection was working I did not install any new software or download anything Tried getting on the internet today and nothing My computer has an IP Address but I can't get onto the internet at all I does connection wired works, not. Wireless connection can't ping Wireless connection works, wired connection does not. google I can ping my IP address assigned can't ping my default gateway I have tried a different ethernet cable and I have changed the switch the computer is connected too I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the ethernet drivers I have already performed an ipconfig release amp ipconfig renew I also tried ipconfig flushdns I have performed a netsh winsock reset netsh int ipv reset reset log netsh int ipv reset reset log netsh int ip reset After performing all of the above I am stuck with the exact same situation Here is my ipconfig all Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name ADAML-LAPTOP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List rh rit edu Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix rh rit edu Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - E- - - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b e b d facb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday January PM Lease Expires Friday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -C -D - A- - - E- - - D DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix wireless rit edu Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - E- - - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix rh rit edu Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address fe fe Preferred IPv Address Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap rh rit edu Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix rh rit edu Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap wireless rit edu Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes My university does not have my computer account or computer blocked Additionally the link light on the computer is on and blinking Any help is appreciated

A:Wireless connection works, wired connection does not.

Fixed it...unplugged the switches, let the power stay off for about a minute. Plugged the power cord back in and it worked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/209454-wireless-connection-works-wired-connection-does-not.html
Relevancy 42.57%

hello
when i connect my hp probook 4520s to my sony vpcyb4ajg with Ethernet cable on my Hp wireless disconnects and can not be connected until i disconnect lan cable. but on my sony i have both wired and wireless connections simultaneously
hp:win8 x64 realteck Ethernet and atheros wireless
sony: win 7 x86 atheros Ethernet atheros wireless

A:wired connection prevents wireless connection

There is a setting to disable in the group policy editor, minimize the number of connections, under Administrative Templates, Network, Network Connections.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/24623-wired-connection-prevents-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a iMac and I have installed Windows7 using Bootcamp v4.0.

When I use the computer on MacOS X I am able to connect to the Wireless Connection named ([email protected]), also when I restart the computer the same connection shows on the boot-loader screen. But when I am on the Windows 7, I am unable to see the same connection in WIFI connection list. I was earlier able to connect it, but now it doesn't shows up in the list.

All other Wifi enabled devices viz. Android Phone, iPad are able to connect to the same connection & they are in the same room. So why I am unable to connect the iMac when on Windows 7.

How do I fix this?

A:Wireless Connection - WIFI connection not showing up

Hello,

Can you please provide us an ipconfig /all output for review?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/289918-wireless-connection-wifi-connection-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 42.57%

ok so i go to go on my computer downstairs but there is no internet connection for the web pages but there is an internet connection on the wireless symbol(the two computers with the globe in front of it) on the router, ps3 and my other laptop(which im using now). ive gone through all the recommended checks and through all the internet options and still has no connection. pls help

A:visible wireless connection but no web page connection

so computer downstairs is not connecting by wireless - but
The laptop and the PS3 are connected by wireless
Correct?

Post make and model of router / modem

check the firewall on the computer downstairs is not blocking access
Does it work if connected to the router by cable ?
Is the wireless secruity enabled - if so can you take that off and try
can you do the following and copy onto the machine thats working OK
also copy the program onto the PC -see all below

{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all

-> Start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all
post back the results here
TWO Methods to do that - if you cannot access the internet with PC, then use method 2 to copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Method ONE -------------------------------------------------------------
start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Method TWO -------------------------------------------------------------

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Ping Tests}

Ping google.com
then:
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all

Post back the results

rightclick in the box

select all

enter

then reply here and

control key + V to paste

Ping 209.191.93.53

post back results

rightclick in the box

select all

enter

then reply here and

control key + V to paste

--------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download and install

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php

Then run the program and post a screen shot of the program running

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

------------------

Relevancy 42.57%

Hello,

I own a Netgear Wireless Router WGR614 v6. My default access is through http://192.168.1.1 . Recently I have been having problems trying to connect through a wireless connection. I can receive a connection directly through the router. I have used this router on multiple computers. I am not sure if it will not connect because of this, but I am in need of some good guidance.

If I am missing information please let me know. I really would like some help on this. Thanks!

A:Solved: Internet Connection But No Wireless Connection

Is this really solved?
If not, ask a mod to move it to the networking section and supply Ipconfig and OS info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-but-no-wireless-connection.888755/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Netgear DG834 wireless router which gives me wireless connection to the internet but I cannot connect by any of the ethernet ports. I get an icon saying I'm connected but no packet data is transferring. If I try to "repair" the network I get an error message saying Windows could not complete the repair as TCP/IP is not enabled ...it is enabled when I click into the properties tab.

I don't know what other information would be useful to include. I'm running Windows XP pro with SP3 and as I say the wireless connection runs just fine (well 99% of the time).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 42.57%

I recently moved and switched to Comcast. Before, both wireless and wired connections worked fine. Now the wired connection works, but wireless connection does not. The Wireless Network Connection says connected but with no internet access.
Any ideas?

<Specs>
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8173 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 312043 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., GA-78LMT-USB3
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

A:Wired Connection Works, Wireless Connection Does Not

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you don't have a satisfactory email address (e.g., from your ISP) you could try http://www.pcworld.com/article/231780/xirrus_wifi_inspector.html. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Identify your network if it is not obvious.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-connection-works-wireless-connection-does-not.1123802/
Relevancy 42.14%

I was wondering if it is possible to make a wireless hotspot from a wireless connection? I would like to play my Nintendo DS on WIFI but it only supports a WEP encrypted router. The router that my laptop is recieving the wireless connection from does not support a WEP connection. I was thinking if there was a way to make a hotspot with my laptop so my Nintendo DS can connect to it. I do have the Nintendo USB Connector which is a Soft AP through the USB port. Is it required to have a wired connection to make a hotspot?

Relevancy 42.14%

Please can you assist with my wireless connection issue.

I have just recently purchased the RTL8192CE wireless Lan 802.11 PCI-E NIC and installed it in my shuttle XPC. I am using Windows 8.1 64bit OS. The LAN card is picking up my wireless router fine, but when I enter my router password an error message appears. I have checked the driver and windows sates it's working correctly, notwithstanding I reinstalled the drivers given with the LAN card just in-case. But still I am unable to connect to my wireless router.

The DSL router works fine on all my other devices, iPhone, laptop, kindle etc. and just to make sure I called my DSL service provider and they reconfigured the router. But still when I enter the password to connect to the router, it will not connect to the internet?

Regards

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/56192-wireless-connection-issue-rtl8192ce-wireless-lan-802-11-a.html