Windows Support Forum

Net very slow, lot of messages of all type in event logs

Q: Net very slow, lot of messages of all type in event logs

I have W SP - bit MSE Windows firewall using a pendrive dongle I use Reliance Netconnet having a claimed speed of Mbps I never achieved that speed in - years but that good enough never to face any bottleneck really But for last one month net is crawling slower than a snail somehow I get - - Kbps speeds mostly on some servers it reaches - - hardly ever go above that There are also a lot of messages in event in of logs all messages very of event Net type lot slow, logs dns failure server not responding dhcpv client ISP has confirmed that they are not giving ipv access IPConfig all used to come with -- Windows IP Configuration Host Name ilLUSion -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter Reliance Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Reliance Physical Address DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Net very slow, lot of messages of all type in event logs Disabled Then there were the following with quot Media disconnected quot Tunnel adapter isatap C A-F - D F- F - CE BDFC Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Tunnel adapter TO Adapter What should I start looking Are these normal settings that are not causing my problem IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No NetBIOS over Tcip Disabled previously there was quot DHCP Enabled No quot I gave some netsh command since then DHCP has become enabled and I notice that DHCPv -client related many errors have disappeared from event log if there was any relation Thanks -- Rawat nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/net-very-slow-lot-of-messages-of-all-type-in-event-logs.1077381/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Net very slow, lot of messages of all type in event logs

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 70.95%

I have been encountering slow shutdown times on my desktop recently I looked in the event logs to try and find some clue but they were not that helpful to the less than technically minded EVENT event shutdown logs very - XP slow TCPIP TCP CONNECT LIMIT REACHED I XP very slow shutdown - event logs had a lot of the above that were listed both as information XP very slow shutdown - event logs and warning also W time came up several time as both info and warning NetBT came up several times - with quot the name MSHOME could not be registered on the interface with IP address xxx the machine with the ip address yyy did not allow the name to be claimed by this machine The only hardware I have installed recently is a Belkin wireless card whose problems I have posted elsewhere This may have something to do with it but I am not sure Briefly my setup is a wireless laptop no problems and a wired desktop which has been re-configured to run on wireless I am running Windows XP pro with SP on an AMD system with gigs ram I have run several virus checks and I run spybot regularly I have a belkin router to connect through to my blueyonder broadband Any advice nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

I was running DMark and got a BSOD code After that every Event and every time Logs BSOD After 3011 ID Event I boot Viewer 3012 time I boot Event Viewer logs Error Codes ID and Attached are screenshots of both I googled this and found two different threads where someone suggested to rebuild the performance counters After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot Both responses were basically the same below is one Neither of the OP's came back and said if this worked for After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot them Re LoadPerf Hi- I had the same problem with LoadPerf and here is what I found out All performance counter names and explain text are maintained in string tables managed by the performance counter subsystem Perflib The current contents of the performance counter string tables are corrupted and cannot be displayed To correct the problem rebuild the string tables User Action To rebuild the string tables on the computer that displayed the message at the command After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot prompt type Lodctr r The contents of the string tables are automatically rebuilt I hope this helps Since this was from XP and the other response was for Vista I wanted to see if the guru's at SevenForums thought that this was okay before I did this Here are the screenshoots of my two errors

A:After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot

Rebuilding the string tables as outlined in my first post fixed the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305115-after-bsod-event-viewer-logs-event-id-3012-3011-every-time-i-boot.html
Relevancy 63.64%

After too many The 8.1 supported is request logs. Pro, (50) Viewer cannot open Win not event Event unexplained problems I decided to reinstall Windows Pro x and migrate off of SBS Standard In addition to the primary workstation that can't read any event logs I built five Server R servers Hyper-V host Active Directory VM Exchange VM SQL Server VM Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) and WSUS VM I was diagnosing why my workstation's Outlook cannot reach the local Exchange Server nbsp nbsp I tried to look at the event logs and Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) found the Event Viewer cannot open the event log or custom view nbsp Verify that Event Log service is running it is or the query is too long whatever that indicates nbsp The request is not supported Looking at the directory of the event logs folder nbsp It appears that most logs are empty which is understandable since Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) it's a rebuilt installation nbsp I found a small number of Applications and Services Logs and it appears nothing was logged since six days ago on nbsp nbsp On support forums I found many have this exact problem on Win Win and Win nbsp Of the solutions posted none of them would even execute on my Win Pro x machine nbsp I tried clearing the event logs WEVTUTIL CL logfilename and am told Failed to clear log The request is not supported nbsp It's very difficult to diagnose why Outlook cannot reach Exchange even if Outlook is installed on the Exchange server machine just as a test nbsp The web-based Outlook owa ecp all work fine nbsp Email is coming and going nbsp nbsp This may appear cynical but I'm sure Microsoft would tell me to refresh the Windows Pro X machine even though I just reinstalled from scratch nbsp Let's clarify I had to Install Win Pro to upgrade to Pro in order to upgrade that to Windows Pro nbsp I tested the refresh some time ago and found it left my machine in a mess nbsp That is why I'm doing a complete new installation I already tried SFC nbsp Someone must understand the problem so a solution can be found and documented When I discuss this rebuild effort of workstation and servers I tell people if this doesn't work out then I'll make the move to Linux nbsp I have many Linux and UNIX workstations and servers sitting around here so the temptation is eating away at me br type moz - Michael Faklis

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/22647500-d985-42bd-b156-6b699d7f941f/win-81-pro-event-viewer-cannot-open-event-logs-the-request-is-not-supported-50?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 59.77%

Event Log Explorer A tool to help Manage Analyze and Report Windows Event Logs For Windows NT XP operating systems This is a simple quot starter quot guide to help use this tool Note this tool will only work on Windows NT XP It will not work with Windows Vista Download and run Event Log Explorer One time initialization Click Tree- gt Show Tree Click File- gt New Workspace Click File- gt Save Workspace As and save your workspace file anywhere you choose Example To Filter View Export Recent Error and Warning Log Events Open an Event Log gt gt e g Typically you only need look at the System Log for System event records and the Application Log for Application related events Filter the events you want to see for this example we filter to only see Non-Information events that occured in the last days gt gt Click View- gt Filter gt gt Uncheck Information Towards the bottom of the filter window look for Display event for the last enter days Click OK Click File- gt Export Log to save a "Event Event Windows Logs helps Log on your tool Explorer" manage/analyze/report copy of the events for later viewing or sending to others gt gt Check Text file All events Event Description gt gt Uncheck Export Event Data gt gt Check Close dialog "Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs when done Click Export and save as a txt file on your Desktop Help Troubleshooting an Event Double click an event to see the quot Event Description quot which provides more detail about the event Click Event ID Database button for "Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs an web page about the event to get general explanation additional information about the Event Look for and click hyperlinks in the Event ID web page for user comments on the "Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs event You may note that some additional automated help is available via subscription service I ve never tried using the subscription service myself I think what s available for free from the tool plus a little manual internet surfing will likely get all the same information nbsp

A:"Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs

I use the subscription to EventID.net. It has been greatly helpful. I don't have this analyser but am a big believer in using the Event Viewer. I'll add a description I have written up which will help in determining the Events: This may be useful in addition to the Event Analyzer.

One thing I have not been able to do is keep the filters set with the software in the OS.

Find the Error(s)in the Event Viewer that correspond to the crash/freeze/error message/blue screen, etc.:

Description of the Event Viewer:

Unfortunately, many Windows XP users aren't aware of the Event Viewer, what it is, where it is, how it can help with a problem:
The Event Viewer has logs for everything that happens on the computer. There are three sets of logs: System, Applications and Security. By opening the first two to display the Events, you can look for Errors that correspond to the time of the problem- in your case, the crash.

There are three types of Events in the System and Apps logs:
1. Information (white circle w/blue i): this is just basic documentation of the normal working of the System or Apps.
2. Warnings (yellow triangle w/black exclamation mark) noting some problem at that moment. Warnings usually resolve on their own. If they do not, they become>>>
3. Errors (red circle w/white X- they document something that didn't work or isn't happening as it should. Each Errors has three parts: an ID#, a Source and a Description. By doing a right click> Properties, the Error will open to a screen that can be copied. These three parts taken together can usually lead to cause and resolution.Click to expand...

Start> Run> type in eventvwr
Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
1. Click to open the log>
2. Look for the Error>
3 .Right click on the Error> Properties>
4. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow
5. Paste here (Ctrl V)

You can ignore the Categories 1 and 2. If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed. You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.
Vista path can be followed here: (Copy button is on lower left)
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Monitoring-Event-Logs-Windows-Vista.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-log-explorer-tool-helps-manage-analyze-report-on-your-windows-event-logs.130078/
Relevancy 55.47%

Been snooping through event logs because my pc randomly freezes I have the asus striker II extreme moboIntel Core Quad Q Well Im getting stupid kernel errors I want them fixed Running windows Ultimate with all updates Log Name SystemSource Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-PowerDate PMEvent ID Task Category Level ErrorKeywords User SYSTEMComputer Vaine-PCDescription Performance power management features on processor in group are Logs Event disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power quot Guid quot F E F-FE - E F-B - F CC quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID Event Logs gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Vaine-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot Group quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Number quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name SystemSource Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-PowerDate PMEvent ID Task Category Level ErrorKeywords User SYSTEMComputer Vaine-PCDescription Performance power management features on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power quot Guid quot F E F-FE - E F-B - F CC quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Vaine-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot Group quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Number quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name SystemSource Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-PowerDate PMEvent ID Task Category Level ErrorKeywords User SYSTEMComputer Vaine-PCDescription Performance power management features on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power quot Guid quot F E F-FE - E F-B - F CC quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Vaine-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot Group quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Number quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name SystemSource Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-PowerDate PMEvent ID Task Category Level ErrorKeywords User SYSTEMComputer Vaine-PCDescription Performance power management features on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power quot Guid quot F E F... Read more

A:Event Logs

Disable Speedstep, and see if the issues go away. If it does, then you need to update your chipset drivers or keep speedstep disabled.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349277/event-logs/
Relevancy 55.47%

Is there any way to clear all windows 8 event logs..

A:Event logs

Event Viewer One Click Clear - Windows 7 Forums
This was for windows 7 but is still working for windows 8.I'm using it.Just run it as administrator

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/13052-event-logs.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi
Attached is two event log files, one is the system events "EVENT LOG.csv, the other is application events "APPLICATION LOG.csv.
Can you please tell me what happend, or what could have happend to this pc on the 7 October 2008 at 7 in the morning. The time and date reset after that, or it was changed by someone and i need to find out if it was the pc or someone.
thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-logs.757571/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, I have a huge problem with my power supply and video cards. I have tried to include the event log files. I just started having trouble last week, but I can see by the logs that are in the Thousands. I have Reformatted my Hard Drive, Once already. I dont know where to start, or if I should Reformat it again. I am not the best with computers, and I am sure that I have Downloaded some Crap and I am Paying for it now. I have just tried to upload my Event Logs, but it says the file is Too Large. Any Help is Greatly Appreciated. Thx

A:Event Logs in the Thousands

Firstly welcome.
Now, a description of the fault/s and any error code that may have been displayed would be a good place to start.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/event-logs-in-the-thousands-1023690.html
Relevancy 54.61%

hi all,
i need to print out security logs of windows 2000 servers on a daily basis.
does anyone knows how to automate this?

Thanks

A:printing event logs

Why not create a batch file using the Print command
then include the batch file as a scheduled task

Print [/D:device] [[drive:][path]filename[...]]

/D:device specifies the print device

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printing-event-logs.135419/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys i dont really look into my event logs because usually i dont have the need too i randomly decided to look into my event log while doing some maintenance on my setup and found some strange events two distinct event logs which are somewhat related Problem I can cause the following event by removing my iPod from my pc via iTunes remove virtually not physically Following events have Log name Microsoft-Windows-WMI-Activity Operational Event ID Level Error Event Id - - - - ClientMachine SHADY-PC User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM ClientProcessId Component Unknown Operation Start IWbemServices ExecQuery - root wmi select from WDMClassesOfDriver where ClassName quot MSStorageDriver ClassErrorLogEntry quot ResultCode x PossibleCause Unknown Event Id - - - - ClientMachine SHADY-PC User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM ClientProcessId Component Unknown Operation Start IWbemServices ExecQuery - root wmi logs event Strange select from WDMClassesOfDriver where ClassName quot MSStorageDriver ClassErrorLog quot ResultCode x PossibleCause Unknown Event Id - Strange event logs - - - ClientMachine SHADY-PC User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM ClientProcessId Component Unknown Operation Start IWbemServices ExecQuery - root wmi select from WMIBinaryMofResource where Name quot IDE DiskOCZ-VERTEX amp b fc amp amp - -D - d -B F - A C quot ResultCode x PossibleCause Unknown Event Id - - - - ClientMachine SHADY-PC User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM ClientProcessId Component Unknown Operation Start IWbemServices ExecQuery - root wmi select from WMIBinaryMofResource where Name quot IDE DiskWDC WD FAEX- BA D amp c a amp amp - -D - d -B F - A C quot ResultCode x PossibleCause Unknown Event Id - - - - ClientMachine SHADY-PC User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM ClientProcessId Component Unknown Operation Start IWbemServices ExecQuery - root wmi select from WDMClassesOfDriver where ClassName quot MSStorageDriver SenseData quot ResultCode x PossibleCause Unknown Event Id - - - - ClientMachine SHADY-PC User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM ClientProcessId Component Unknown Operation Start IWbemServices ExecQuery - root wmi select from WDMClassesOfDriver where ClassName quot MSStorageDriver ScsiRequestBlock quot ResultCode x PossibleCause Unknown Problem the following errors Strange event logs occur when i insert a USB in my PC Event The Strange event logs driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk DR Note Hard disk is the actual USB Event to are the same as Problem Events - I ran driver verifier with no apparent problems uninstalled reinstalled USB drivers im stumped as to the cause of this problem thanks for any help in advance Motherboard is ASUSTeK Computer Inc -Support- Drivers and Download Maximus IV Extreme Windows bit

A:Strange event logs

anyone?

these errors only occur when removing a USB device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/367651-strange-event-logs.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi everyone. I was just wondering if there was any real purpose in cleaning up the event/security logs ?
The actual size they take up seems minimal and I'm pretty sure mine are set to overwrite themselves when they are full.
So I guess my question is - to clean or not to clean ? pro's/con's
Thanks.

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys
For the last 4 weeks i get the following 4 errors at boot in the event viewer never get anything else just these.Can anyone translate the squiggles for me and tell me if there is anything to be worried about or not
Thankyou

A:Event viewer logs

Look in the text document you attached cuz i've put them by Event ID (written in the text document):
Event ID: 40968
Discription:
The Security System has received an authentication request that could not be decoded. The request has failed.

Problem with your system.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event ID: 1060
Description:
\??\C:\Windows\SysWow64\drivers\mdvrmng.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

it's either replaced by a recently installed software or infected by a virus.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event ID: 7000
Description:
The Mobile IP Route Manager service failed to start due to the following error:
This driver has been blocked from loading

Again it's either a virus blocking it from running or the driver got messed up.
Fixing:
1- Event ID: 40968
Since it has the Level: Warning then I think you better try System Restore Point, if still does the same problem, run a full system scan for viruses and if you find viruses in C:\WINDOWS, then you should Format / Reinstall Windows cuz if viruses can't be fixed they will be autmoticly quarentined and leads to lose of files for windows.

2- Event ID: 1060
Since it's in the windows Folder it will be better if you try restore point before the date the problem happened, and if it didn't work you better reinstall your windows cuz messing in the Windows Folder will make windows crazy (not always but in some cases).

3- Event ID: 7000
Once it starts saying Driver Blocked, then you better reinstall the driver.
Get the driver, if you don't know from where send me the name of the device and I will send you back the link of the driver installer.
In the end it's better to Re-Install windows cuz once problems start from windows it will kill your computer performance ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/95745-event-viewer-logs.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have events from Anonymous log ons. What are those? In the security log!

For example: NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON
Successful Network Logon:
User Name:
Domain:
Logon ID: (0x0,0x10FF3)
Logon Type: 3
Logon Process: NtLmSsp
Authentication Package: NTLM
Workstation Name:
Logon GUID: -
This is the only on in almost a month!

Thank you lots!!

A:Event Viewer logs

Probably nothing to be concerned about, those are typical entries on my system.Comments from http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,655...ty,1~mode=flat:"A successful user logon is always listed as an event ID 528 and then you'll see a type which can be anything from 2 to 7. If it's not 528, then it's not an actual user and it's not necessarily successful.Event ID 538 is a successful logoff and not necessarily by an actual user.Event ID 540 is a successful "network" logon as in mapping a network drive. Your computer keeps checking for Network connections or shared folders, etc... on a regular basis to make sure you are connected."LouisWhat Is Anonymous Logon?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309334/event-viewer-logs/
Relevancy 54.61%

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr....mspx?mfr=true

Microsoft Corporation

You can list the contents of an event log, sort by source, group by message type and more. To get the a whole log use the following command: get-eventlog [log name] get-eventlog Application

If you wish to sort the records by source use this command: get-eventlog Application | sort Source You can also group the records by Source, it can take a while depending on the number of records, but it is handy! Just run:
get-eventlog Application | group Message

Now event logs can get quite large and hold thousands and thousands of records. You can use the -Newest ### switch to retrieve a set number of the latest events recorded And, of course, these can all be combined to get exactly what you are looking for.
get-eventlog Application -newest 100 | sort source

http://www.vistax64.com/software/164188-managing-event-logs.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Is any way to join several event logs in one?

A:Join Event logs

If you are talking about Windows Logs, actually there is a way. When you open Event Viewer, you will see a 'Custom Views' group in the left sidebar. By right clicking on it you get a menu from which you can select 'Create Custom View'. That opens a new window, where you have to check the first radio button that says "by log" (it is checked by default but make sure), and on its right side there is a dropdown menu from which you can pick logs that you want. After clicking OK and naming your custom view, you will have a list of all the events from all the logs you selected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/398468-join-event-logs.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Win XP: in Event Viewer there are a bunch of event logs. Is it 'safe' to delete all these logs? of course, some of them have 'red' warnings and some 'yellow'....but my pc is working just fine now. Thanks for any advice.

A:Event Viewer logs

It's just a log file. If you want to clear it, it'll just clear all previous events and start from scratch. It wont cause you problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-viewer-logs.853862/
Relevancy 54.18%

http://tinyurl.com/gpc3c

Event Viewer in pre-Vista platforms suffers from several limitations that make it underperform as a troubleshooting tool. These limitations include a lack of support for centralized logging, inability to query across multiple logs, limited event filtering capability, and a general lack of "software intelligence" in terms of helping you understand how different events correlate with possible problems and how they can be resolved.

Windows Vista's enhanced version of Event Viewer is a big improvement in many of these areas, and while it's still not perfect (especially in the area of software intelligence) it's still a good step forward over the previous version of the tool. Let's walk through using some of these new features so you can learn how to use their capabilities for troubleshooting purposes.

A:Monitoring Event Logs in Vista

Wooohoo something I have been praying for since the Windows NT days has come true!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitoring-event-logs-in-vista.451541/
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm curious if there are any windows events, either system or application, that would tell me the Time Zone the system is in. If I get event logs (*.evtx) from windows 7 system from customer, how would I find out TimeZone.
Thanks,
MDExch

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a4a2ad58-ef7b-495e-b22b-84000070fcbe/detecting-timezone-from-the-event-logs?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi We are reading the event log information in our application from using query in windows management service and Java script The required event log is based on the current system time that we send through the query to fetch the details We face a problem while fetching a event log of Windows xp and Windows- as the actual time the error message logs differs from the system time Also the time difference is not same in all the machines of same configuration Example Conider an error is logged in windows event log at AM but the time logged as AM which can also AM or any difference of time in the event log Now I was unable to decide the exact time of an error log We made a workaround in Windows- by fetching it using Record ID which is increasing for every event log but the same does not work in Windows-XP difference logs time log in Event as the record id is not increasing and does not look to have a standard format Kindly provide us some solution to fetch the error log information Event log time difference in logs of the particular time Thanks Deva Veluchamy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/event-log-time-difference-in-logs-686468.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,
I am doing proof of concept testing and I am running into a lot of scenarios where EMET blocks an exploit attempts but does not generate a log or notification. For example CVE-2015-5119. I can compromise a vulnerable test machine no problem. When I apply
EMET to IE the exploit is stopped (application crashes) but I get no event. I have been unable to generate an EMET event for IE (flash plugin) or Java so far this way. The only way that I get an EMET notification is for when I have it protecting another application
like notepad or audioconverter. I have also tried CVE-2012-4969 and CVE-2011-3544 which is a java exploit and EMET mitigates it but not message or Event log. The vulnerable system running EMET is Windows 7 SP1 with IE 8. I have tried both EMET 5.2 and
5.5. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d397acd9-ca0c-4326-b97a-b310c658b099/emet-event-logs-not-being-generated?forum=emet
Relevancy 54.18%

I have read that I need to be checking firewall logs every day (ZDNet suggested this), and I know where to find the info. What I do not understand is how to interpret what I see. Is there a place to post here to have someone look at it, or can someone recommend other web sites that might be able to help? I have some concerns since I am seeing a lot of dropped packets.

Same question re event viewer. I see 'warnings' and dhcp and 1,000 events, but I don't know what that means, or whether I should be concerned, or take action in some way. Again, is that info something that can be looked at here, or where do I learn more about how to interpet the data?

Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

A:Event Viewer and Firewall Logs

I have read that I need to be checking firewall logs every day (ZDNet suggested this),Hi Anonix -Unless you are having problems I see no reason to do this. Your Antivirus will keep a check on any problems usually.http://www.malwarebytes.org/ - or - http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREEIf you think you have problems then run Malwarebytes or SUPERAntiSpyware programs.(Both free)If there is a serious problem please post in the Malware removal area of this forum -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/409050/event-viewer-and-firewall-logs/
Relevancy 54.18%

Before I post my BSOD thread, what I'd like to is see where it is in event viewer, I can't find it. It happened at 11:45 yesterday (it's 12:57AM here now) the computer was off for about an hour, but the last event it shows under system is 11:06 and it's just an information event.

A:BSOD not showing in event logs, why?

There may not be a event logged depending on the type/cause of the bsod.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-not-showing-in-event-logs-why-1012338.html
Relevancy 54.18%

By mistake, I have executed a wrong command (SL /e:false to disable all event logging instead of clearing it. Got it from another website ).

Now I would like to reset all my event logs to default.
Has someone an idea, how I could apply the steps from this article:
Reset an event log to default settings: Management Services (which is for Windows Server only!)
to my Windows 10 machine?

A:I would like to reset all my event logs to default

Originally Posted by WTenNewbie

By mistake, I have executed a wrong command (SL /e:false to disable all event logging instead of clearing it. Got it from another website ).

Now I would like to reset all my event logs to default.
Has someone an idea, how I could apply the steps from this article:
Reset an event log to default settings: Management Services (which is for Windows Server only!)
to my Windows 10 machine?

WTenNewbie... what was the exact command you entered, the full command?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/51904-i-would-like-reset-all-my-event-logs-default.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Is it possible to prevent JRT from clearing the event logs?

What is the reason behind this feature?  Event Logs are often crucial for diagnosing Windows issues.  I'm not aware of any reason that the event logs should be cleared to help with junkware removal.  Please help me understand the reason for this feature, and if possible, provide away to disable it.

Thanks!

A:Is it possible to prevent JRT from clearing Event Logs?

JRT's disclaimer clearly states: "This software is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. You may use this software at your own risk."However, you can ask a question (leave a comment/suggestion) on Thisisu's JRT Blog.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517646/is-it-possible-to-prevent-jrt-from-clearing-event-logs/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys ,
I'm seeking help to troubleshoot my PC at times running slowly with CPU usage reeching 100%.
I'm on win2000 SP4
P4 HT 2.8
1 GB ram
5 hdd ( 40GB ata , 80GB SATA ,160GB SATA , 200GB SATA , 500 GB SATA )
I saw at event viewer these logs
Event ID - 51 - An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 during a paging operation
Event ID - 51 - An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk3\DR3 during a paging operation.
I had run chkdsk with the /F /R commands , also defrag the disks , cheched for virus , adware , spyware , trojans , checked the connections at the motherboard , repair the windows instalation but the problem insists and drives me crazy for weeks now
Any help please ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/troubleshooting-event-viewer-logs.611848/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello:

Anyone knows if the following steps apply to Windows XP as well?

"How to Change the Default Event Viewer Log File Location"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216169

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/change-event-logs-location-on-xp-424293.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello Support,
I'm investigating a case where a log entry has been found when exporting that event file(opened in eventviewer) to text file but its not found when searching in Event Viewer.
I've done multiple searches and its not seen in event viewer but can be seen once i export the same event into text files.
Please suggest some solutions asap.

Thanks in advance.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/58773019-aa44-4006-af2c-436d3a5d5553/cannot-access-all-the-logs-in-event-viewer?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 54.18%

Is it possible to examine the event logs (*.evt) of Win NT/2000 on a windows 95/98 pc? If so, how?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-logs-of-win-nt-2000-on-windows-95-98.47611/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I Event 8003, type error ID receive twice a day this error message on my PDC event viewer Event ID type error source MRxSmb quot The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer PC that believes that it is Event ID 8003, type error the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT Tcpip DB AF -D - E- F The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced quot br PC is a workstation in my network with a windows server and it has winXP on it br This error message appears after we configured a VPN conection on PC br What is the problem and how can I solve it br br Thank s a lot br DanaR div class messageTextEndMarker nbsp div blockquote article div div class messageMeta ToggleTriggerAnchor div class privateControls span class item muted span class authorEnd a href members danar class username author dir auto DanaR a span a href threads event-id- -type-error title Permalink class datePermalink span class DateTime title Dec at AM Dec span a span div div class publicControls a href threads event-id- -type-error title Permalink class item muted postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger data-href posts permalink a div div div id likes-post- div div li li id post- class message data-author DaveBurnett div class messageUserInfo itemscope itemscope itemtype http data-vocabulary org Person div class messageUserBlock div class avatarHolder span class helper span a href members daveburnett class avatar Av m data-avatarhtml true img src data image png base iVBORw KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAGAAAABgCAYAAADimHc AAAFgElEQVR u dWW iVhiGX sjm gLJlMJzPTZarpVK qqqp Uan tj i qVlWrZtIqw xIAoQdAgaMoRcphGOzL MQvvfOB c G noPC fjTr Q kw TQEBIAAkAkAASASAAJAIAAEgEQACQCIABIBEAAgAiQAQABIBIAAkAkAASASAAJAIAAEgEQACQCIABIBEAAgAaXWJm gox H etXM r uw R s bZaqPeMFGo FCuXWPTP o Oojh UFseFxrNPHzn DACLgBJFAaIowKvI NUgHiei FhdpLN nGUL Nr Ru diOjMccjvQ DvRb hkguSJRFPH Xx eefIKqra HgrAq iu aQDyoOygIbZQrPVdo LoghFEqEoMniOc F eETnGXyOHl sbZnSUaNseOxsIaTd fo sPD BlvoS l eTH QQYKhBJPcNGGqQ ewwHgHP zhOpVf woKAyASrkkQRUV FrljZPRfUtW kShX dnyK fomNZzOcH wYOY GV xMLaxD tvM k ipGFCo PHLX CbHeY WeH bG eyH Dzx lzdLs Ex skR gNnu I TFHoj ljgeXz QXLpawZ HoQCvuFxu PhqlRFdsTlcByHxHu gntdiNWbJlIXOWYsoqnweZQl YjOF v xqTg Rd pSvgsk dt ixR HwUjVHPKI EoObia eN EwW NxryJDDwUIwCA Z tllxUsqqimQhJvk bSW zWdpdBOOt AUVq Xm KvIC uhRFR pcWMO qXmPw oqsQBYEAAEDtujk oM rRZaY qLX yFbYK qbXUZ ALPIx WCMAgI J bBzwe cHkIjo Eaq Hy NrbH LQKp XsLAAATK U UKCwGYNtFDMKUqrG eBzy xD eQnAIBg WwrzSAsFmHjRsSwUKrWx b fVcbYtNWsDUAnC I bibt LN MtTz daRzysMe rZwEsI HgEdX mLGLCe HTU bI O EhLfOsAjDbQBu ilmKGBkG btag cea gkzXB gAYLaLGxYSx ic X B ylkTbLJBtzUARIF VKs HYDfq AN Jncf b n QTcBy sf QuA T cq B uqGm ZwRf m wPI vv q DMkIjreOBqDO MBo yQNfm MVzDnA laV NA CDbisAhPdCzHGrYzGNNNf mgpZWr PPthAML LkiRRNcabqFcXSj TtoQME mpY kAYNunVulbn AJ k F muOPF WRJhOCzm zdpVOqNpe RefDjMggecRC s zxV wwUZahCPHAvxpWod aY NViOAjPbnaUnHwByjrWIde durcA IAPL dhVfr ez xW AlcbYuJs dCvgWaoVvJYBkVMeXL iq TdGZq N L l taudq qKqNUxX HCmuA CgCJLSEYNfPPZx hxdOhqPcza DXu W YrbXs XRaQTyyvgbdewvC bAOdWRLyE FyUOWBMiSNHW zzxbE mew x j PDLVMo hkJ UkiohqKnKlyvYACPg C vOjmXhOHWOq J rkxQ OtETjf GXVbLVRazQR t QImovl AFlGrYyGdzSOdLbjWASbHDcPhu tL f T NAoAEMNQpEltDvW gLo vo jasrj VKDdUxi DT PMo Av r uAAUK h mBj kGDLrVif ij Bxt LfiBEAAkAiAASARAAIAIkAEAASASAAJAJAAEgEgACQCAABIBEAAkAiAASARAAIAIkAEAASASAAJAJAAEhr n q nwHl sEwAAAABJRU ErkJggg width height alt DaveBurnett a div h class userText a href members daveburnett class username dir auto itemprop name DaveBurnett a em class userTitle itemprop title Account Closed em h div class extraUserInfo dl class pairsJustified dt Joined dt dd Nov dd dl dl class pairsJustified dt Messages dt dd a href search member user id class concealed rel nofollow a dd dl div span class arrow span span span div div div class messageInfo primaryContent div class messageContent article blockquote class messageText SelectQuoteContainer ugc baseHtml PCs on a network need to keep a list of what Pcs are on the network One ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-id-8003-type-error.306175/
Relevancy 53.32%

Which event logs can one check to identify hardware errors or general hardware health for the disk (SSD), battery, or memory? Are there additional health checks that can be collected through PowerShell/WMI? I know Win32_battery has for example an attribute
for ExpectedBatteryLife although  I don't see it populated. Also the below blog shows how to query disk health through WMI.
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/san/archive/2011/08/11/have-you-ever-wanted-to-know-if-your-disk-is-going-to-fail-before-it-does.aspx

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/77f1354d-8dff-4171-b5ae-41d9c9b7edbf/windows-event-logs-for-hardware-health?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 53.32%

Greetings,

I just have a question about Event Logs. Is it ok to delete Event Logs or .evtx files of uninstalled programs? The reason I am asking is because as of right now, I am in need of some assistance in trying to solve a problem I've been having in a previous thread that I've posted a few days ago.

Here is the link to the thread for those interested. http://www.sevenforums.com/performan...event-log.html

I have read other numerous threads, however some say it is best to not touch the Event Logs at all. Either way much help is appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Ok To Delete Event Logs of Uninstalled Programs?

Give Unlocker a try. Have it delete the file on the next boot, see if that works.

Careful when installing it, make sure you do not install Delta Toolbar.

To use, right click on the file and select Delete. If it doesn't work then tell it to delete on next boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/327031-ok-delete-event-logs-uninstalled-programs.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Following is the Eventvwr event log which occurs multiple times per day quite frequently Eventvwr. be to Logs about? Something concerned in Suspicious Event The Account name has been changed The PID indicates Local Security Authority Process with sub-services of CNG Key Isolation Encrypting File System ESF and Security Accounts Manager -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An account was successfully logged on Subject Security ID SYSTEM Account Name PCNAME Account Domain WORKGROUP Logon ID x E Logon Information Logon Type Restricted Admin Mode - Virtual Account No Elevated Token Yes Impersonation Level Impersonation New Logon Security ID SYSTEM Account Name SYSTEM Account Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x E Linked Logon ID x Network Account Name - Network Account Domain - Logon GUID - - - - Process Information Process ID x d Process Name C Windows System services exe Network Information Workstation Name Suspicious Event Logs in Eventvwr. Something to be concerned about? Source Network Address - Source Port - Detailed Authentication Information Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Transited Services - Package Name NTLM only - Key Length This event is generated when a logon session is created It is generated on the computer that was accessed The subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon This is most commonly a service such as the Server service or a local process such as Winlogon exe or Services exe The logon type field indicates the kind of logon that occurred The most common types are interactive and network The New Logon fields indicate the account for whom the new logon was created i e the account that was logged on The network fields indicate where a remote logon request originated Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases The impersonation level field indicates the extent to which a process in the logon session can impersonate The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request - Logon GUID is a unique identifier that can be used to correlate this event with a KDC event - Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request - Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols - Key length indicates the length of the generated session key This will be if no session key was requested ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's always Advapi exe Is this normal behavior or something to be concerned about My knowledge of Eventvwr is limited Even if this is normal behavior what is the cause of this log event Is there some way I could confirm the cause of these logs Much appreciated and regards

A:Suspicious Event Logs in Eventvwr. Something to be concerned about?

Didier Stevens answered your query in your other thread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615907/suspicious-event-logs-in-eventvwr-something-to-be-concerned-about/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615998/suspicious-event-logs-in-eventvwr-something-to-be-concerned-about/
Relevancy 53.32%

I haven't been able to find a way to clear all event logs without saving In Win and vista I only tested this in win I like to occassionaly clear the administrator alerts without having to go in to each event log area to do so Sometimes I just want to wipe the all clean do a reboot and see what happens There doesn't seem an easy way to clear out everything so I wrote a simple batch file that does this If there is another way please let me know It's a real simple script just time consuming to write it I used a lot of copy paste and a macro utility logs Is with in to another there events without or event saving? all clear way the to insert the wevtutil command For more info on wevtutil open a cmd prompt and type wevtutil You can edit this script to save Is there another way to clear all events in the event logs with or without saving? each event log too if you need to Good luck editing each line though Otherwise maybe others will find this useful Simply copy and paste the text below in to a batch file text file with extension bat then Is there another way to clear all events in the event logs with or without saving? right click and run as administrator to clean out all events in all event logs REM - Will clear all event logs in Windows Ultimate without prompting or saving REM - Created by Leonard Rivera wevtutil exe cl Analytic wevtutil exe cl Application wevtutil exe cl DirectShowFilterGraph wevtutil exe cl DirectShowPluginControl wevtutil exe cl EndpointMapper wevtutil exe cl ForwardedEvents wevtutil exe cl HardwareEvents wevtutil exe cl Internet Explorer wevtutil exe cl Key Management Service wevtutil exe cl MF MediaFoundationDeviceProxy wevtutil exe cl quot Media Center quot wevtutil exe cl MediaFoundationDeviceProxy wevtutil exe cl MediaFoundationPerformance wevtutil exe cl MediaFoundationPipeline wevtutil exe cl MediaFoundationPlatform wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-IE Diagnostic wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-IEFRAME Diagnostic wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-PerfTrack-IEFRAME Diagnostic wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-PerfTrack-MSHTML Diagnostic wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-ADSI Debug wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-API-Tracing Operational wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-ATAPort General wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-ATAPort SATA-LPM wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-ActionQueue Analytic wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-AltTab Diagnostic wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-AppID Operational wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-AppLocker EXE and DLL wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-AppLocker MSI and Script wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-Application-Experience Problem-Steps-Recorder wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-Application-Experience Program-Compatibility-Assistant wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-Application-Experience Program-Compatibility-Troubleshooter wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-Application-Experience Program-Inventory wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-Application-Experience Program-Inventory Debug wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-Application-Experience Program-Telemetry wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-Audio CaptureMonitor wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-Audio Operational wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-Audio Performance wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-Audit Analytic wevtutil exe cl quot Microsoft-Windows-Authentication User Interface Operational quot wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-AxInstallService Log wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-Backup wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-Biometrics Operational wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-BitLocker-DrivePreparationTool Admin wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-BitLocker-DrivePreparationTool Operational wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-Bits-Client Analytic wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-Bits-Client Operational wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-Bluetooth-MTPEnum Operational wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-BranchCache Operational wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-BranchCacheClientEventProvider Diagnostic wevtutil exe cl Microsoft-Windows-BranchCacheEventProvide... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f6d2f95e-b697-4b62-8684-817e1c9dee38/is-there-another-way-to-clear-all-events-in-the-event-logs-with-or-without-saving?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 53.32%

If you have a lot of entries in the event logs, depending on your system, it can take a bit to open the logs.  Here is a way to clear all the 4 main event logs quickly.
Open a text editor (e.g. notepad), and copy the following into it.

@cls
@echo on
wevtutil.exe cl Application
wevtutil.exe cl Security
wevtutil.exe cl Setup
wevtutil.exe cl System
@echo off
pause
Save it as "clear_logs.bat" (no quotes).  Now, just double click on the file, and all 4 main logs will be cleared.  It will not work on Windows XP.

This will work on Windows 8.1 for sure.  It should work on Windows 8, 7, maybe Vista.
Have a great day!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541599/quickly-clearing-the-4-main-event-logs/
Relevancy 53.32%

I periodically get lockups on my Windows 7 laptop.

Just prior to the lockup events, the System Event Log under the System tab reports several Information messages, roughly around 20 and about one or more every second.

The source is Application Popup and the Event ID is 26. The description is: "Application popup: Windows - Application Error: The instruction at 0x77632239 referenced memory at 0x000000014. The memory could not be written."

No popup actually was shown on my screen, though. Within 20 minutes of these events being logged, the system inevitably locks up. Does anyone know what the reason might be?

(PS, when the system does come back, I see an event that notes that the previous system shutdown was unexpected. The time it gives for the shutdown seems to be the time when it locked up. (I can see that the clock was frozen at that time.))

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lockups-system-event-logs-show-something-odd.1006436/
Relevancy 53.32%

Following is the Eventvwr event log which occurs multiple times per day quite frequently The Account name has been changed The PID indicates Local Security Authority Process with sub-services of CNG Key Isolation Encrypting File System ESF and Security Accounts Manager -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An account was successfully logged on Subject Security ID SYSTEM Account Name PCNAME Account Domain WORKGROUP Logon ID x E Logon Information Logon Type Restricted Admin Mode - Virtual Account No Elevated Token Yes Impersonation Level Impersonation New Logon concerned about? in to Suspicious Logs Eventvwr. be Event Something Security ID SYSTEM Account Name SYSTEM Account Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x E Linked Logon ID x Network Account Name - Network Account Domain - Logon GUID - - - - Process Information Process ID x d Process Name C Windows System services exe Network Information Workstation Name Source Network Address - Source Port - Detailed Authentication Information Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Transited Services - Package Name NTLM only - Key Suspicious Event Logs in Eventvwr. Something to be concerned about? Length This event is generated when a logon session is created It is generated on the computer that was accessed The subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon This is most commonly a service such as the Server service or a local process such as Winlogon exe or Services exe The logon type field indicates the kind of logon that occurred The most common types are interactive and network The New Logon fields indicate the account for whom the new logon was created i e the account that was logged on The network fields indicate where a remote logon request originated Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases The impersonation level field indicates the extent to which a process in the logon session can impersonate The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon Suspicious Event Logs in Eventvwr. Something to be concerned about? request - Logon GUID is a unique identifier that can be used to correlate this event with a KDC event - Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request - Package name indicates which Suspicious Event Logs in Eventvwr. Something to be concerned about? sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols - Key length indicates the length of the generated session key This will be if no session key was requested ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's always Advapi exe Is this normal behavior or something to be concerned about My knowledge of Eventvwr is limited Is there some way I could confirm the cause of these logs Much appreciated and regards

A:Suspicious Event Logs in Eventvwr. Something to be concerned about?

I suggest you post here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615907/suspicious-event-logs-in-eventvwr-something-to-be-concerned-about/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all:

Being compulsive about the efficiency of things, from time to time I Clear the Event Viewer Logs.

1: Left alone, how big will these things get? I see 7000+ entries at times!
2: Does clearing them out make sense? No?
3: Is there a way to set an upper limit on their sizes?

TIA,

A:Event Viewer Logs - Size Adjustments

If left to the default settings the logs will grow to about "20480 KB", "20 MB" before it overwrites old entries.
This is of course for the default logs, Applications that puts logs may be less kind.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/129064-event-viewer-logs-size-adjustments.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have installed NET msi applications in a win k server as part of a asp website which are used for cobranding amp adv display When I checked the Event log i could find some msi warnings which comes reqularly warning logs msiserver event in unnecessary whenever I access the asp pages which contains the net component calls I would like to know the reason why those warnings are coming and also would like unnecessary msiserver warning in event logs to know how can I avoid those warning from event log Please find the some entries in the event log Applicatoin Warning Event Id Source msiinstaller user NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE Detection of product F B E - D- D F-B F- AD FEED feature DefaultFeature failed during request for component BE F F- F E-FC - unnecessary msiserver warning in event logs -AD C D Event Id Source msiinstaller user NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE Detection of product F B E - D- D F-B F- AD FEED feature DefaultFeature component AE A A-CD - B - F -E B E failed The resource HKEY CURRENT USER Software Homestore EventLoggingUtilities Permissions does not exist Can any one help me Thanks in advance Regards Sudheer Oasis nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unnecessary-msiserver-warning-in-event-logs.393078/
Relevancy 53.32%

My computer crashes while watching video or playing games (even css) at least twice a day. It just goes to black or fuzzed screen, light dies from keyboard and makes real hard to describe sound. (not like a loop, I don't think anyway) I have a feeling its my graphics card as its old as compared to rest of PC. If you need to view event viewer logs in another format please let me know. I'm learning.

MSI p45 Platinum
Wolfdale E8600
Radeon x1600
4Gb Gskill ram

A:PC crash description. With event viewer logs, please help

windows 7 X64 btw, always forget something

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2435469

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239822-pc-crash-description-event-viewer-logs-please-help.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a computer that just keeps rebooting itself randomly. I am not sure why though. The fans seem to be Ok so it isn't over-heating. Below are the Event IDs listed in the Event Viewer. Let me know your thoughts on how to fix this or if these errors have anything to do with the reboots.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Description: Faulting application soffice.exe, version 6.0.7663.500, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.3119, fault address 0x00012a5b

Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Description: Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c000001d, parameter2 ecd3bcd8, parameter3 80548dc4, parameter4 00000000

Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7000
Description: The LogMeIn Kernel Information Provider service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

A:Random Reboot: Event Viewer Logs

What is soffice? Is it Star Office? If it is I would try un-installing and re-installing to see if it solves the problem?

In order to figure out why you are getting random reboots, you need to make a settings change to your computer. Go to:

Start > right click on My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab > Setup and Recovery 'Settings'

UN check 'Automatically Restart'. Click OK.

Reboot your computer. Now when Windows detects a problem it will not automatically reboot, but rather give you a blue screen.

Blue screens are often called 'Blue Screens of Death' (or BSOD) by users, and 'Stop Messages' by Microsoft. We need to know the exact message you see when you get the blue screen. We especially are looking for a set of letters and numbers about half way down the page that take this format:

0x0000008e

This is usually followed by a set of 4 similar numbers in parenthesis. For now we just need the first set of letter and numbers (before the numbers in the parenthesis).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-reboot-event-viewer-logs-253939.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys I m playing an old game and experiencing a lot of lag and freezing I also noticed the following events in my Event Viewer ACEEventLog Code - - FAILED ADL ADL ADL Display ImageExpansion Get Error Called by ATI ACE CLI Aspect DeviceProperty Graphics Runtime DevicePropertyImageScalingController Parse processID threadID domainName ccc exe assemblyName CLI Aspect DeviceProperty Graphics Runtime Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken ba c f e ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Code - - RT MMVideo InitializeInternetVideo GetMMVideoAdjustInfoItem Pulldown FAILED Error Called by ATI ACE CLI Aspect MMVideo Graphics Runtime RT MMVideo InitializeInternetVideo processID event game Old a freezing - viewer logs lot threadID domainName ccc exe assemblyName CLI Aspect MMVideo Graphics Runtime Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken ba c f e ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Code - - RT MMVideo InitAdvancedVideoFeature Failed in VideoItem CONTROLLER VIDEO MOSQUITONOISEREMOVAL Error Called by ATI ACE CLI Aspect MMVideo Graphics Runtime RT MMVideo InitAdvancedVideoFeature processID Old game freezing a lot - event viewer logs threadID domainName ccc exe assemblyName CLI Aspect MMVideo Graphics Runtime Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken ba c f e ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Code - - RT MMVideo InitAdvancedVideoFeature Failed in VideoItem CONTROLLER VIDEO DEBLOCKING Error Called by ATI ACE CLI Aspect MMVideo Graphics Runtime RT MMVideo InitAdvancedVideoFeature processID threadID domainName ccc exe assemblyName CLI Aspect MMVideo Graphics Runtime Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken ba c f e ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ System Code UVD Information Source ati mtag I was wondering if these events are the cause of the lag and if there was a possible fix Using Windows XP Graphics Card is HD Many thanks nbsp

A:Old game freezing a lot - event viewer logs

what game?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-game-freezing-a-lot-event-viewer-logs.967771/
Relevancy 53.32%

Windows server event logs automation question Okay I need help This is my first post and if I get an answer that resolves it I swear that I will donate to the site okay I will anyway but what other motivation could I offer Problem to event copy/clear script logs. VBS with Help I need to collect the system application and security event logs from multiple servers that I am testing often Manually saving the logs and resetting them is a chore for dozens of systems each time i run a test What I would like is a VBS script that I could call from a shortcut on the desktop which points to a COLLECT VBS script located on a mapped drive This would be to allow me to use script on all systems I could log in and run it quickly or set it Help with VBS script to copy/clear event logs. up on the scheduler to run daily The code below does the capture and clear of the logs but i have had to edit one per server I also have to create a different name or location each time to allow multiple captures to exist together Help with VBS script to copy/clear event logs. and not overwrite each other So here are Help with VBS script to copy/clear event logs. the features that I would like some help with how to code a solution to my problem vbs script called from a desktop icon or tripped off by a daily scheduled job must copy then clear the system security and application logs code below does do that btw Pickup the system name and date stamp so as to write them on the x drive in a location that lets you easily see what they came from and where they are Example- when I click on this from SYSTEM A it creates the logs they look like this hard coded mapped drive for central storage of logs Name of the System Name of the Log Date and maybe time Z drivelogs SYSTEMAsecuritylog evt Z drivelogs SYSTEMAsystemlog evt Z drivelogs SYSTEMAapplicationlog evt and from SYSTEMB it looks like this Z drivelogs SYSTEMBsecuritylog evt Z drivelogs SYSTEMBsystemlog evt Z drivelogs SYSTEMBapplicationlog evt so all the logs can play together in one massive folder on the Z drive The date on the files will tell me when they were collected ------------------------------------------------------------ This works to capture and reset the logs the strComputer quot quot Set objWMIService GetObject quot winmgmts quot amp quot impersonationLevel impersonate Backup quot amp strComputer amp quot root cimv quot Set colLogFiles objWMIService ExecQuery quot Select from Win NTEventLogFile where LogFileName Application quot For Each objLogfile in colLogFiles errBackupLog objLogFile BackupEventLog quot c scripts ServerAapplicationlog evt quot If errBackupLog lt gt Then Wscript Echo quot The Application event log could not be backed up quot Else objLogFile ClearEventLog End If Next strComputer quot quot Set objWMIService GetObject quot winmgmts quot amp quot impersonationLevel impersonate Backup quot amp strComputer amp quot root cimv quot Set colLogFiles objWMIService ExecQuery quot Select from Win NTEventLogFile where LogFileName Security quot For Each objLogfile in colLogFiles errBackupLog objLogFile BackupEventLog quot c scripts ServerAsecuritylog evt quot If errBackupLog lt gt Then Wscript Echo quot The Application event log could not be backed up quot Else objLogFile ClearEventLog End If Next strComputer quot quot Set objWMIService GetObject quot winmgmts quot amp quot impersonationLevel impersonate Backup quot amp strComputer amp quot root cimv quot Set colLogFiles objWMIService ExecQuery quot Select from Win NTEventLogFile where LogFileName System quot For Each objLogfile in colLogFiles errBackupLog objLogFile BackupEventLog quot c scripts ServerAsystemlog evt quot If errBackupLog lt gt Then Wscript Echo quot The Application event log could not be backed up quot Else objLogFile ClearEventLog End If Next ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks to any and all that can point me in the right direction New to VBS scripting and this would really kickstart my us... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-vbs-script-to-copy-clear-event-logs.764456/
Relevancy 53.32%

First off let me say sorry for my grammar so my problem errors viewer logs Solved: event is a person from microsoft called my home and said was i aware that my pc had a security threat and then proceeded to tell me to go too my event viewer and showed me thousand plus system events with tons of errors and there was alot errors in the application logs also he showed me something about hkkeys missing or something like that From what i can tell from the dates this might of started when i went from xp to windows which i m not sure i did right now what i did was got home with the windows and put the bit disk in and installed it then that was somewhat ok but i was having issues with it and older programs so i decided Solved: event viewer logs errors to install the bit version instead and everything seems to be working fine untill i get this call He eventually explained that i needed microsoft security essentials for windows for the Solved: event viewer logs errors registered oem number and said it would cost from the store or online which wouldn t that all come with the new windows cd and he said even if i reformatted i would still continue to have this issue Solved: event viewer logs errors how can that be i don t know so any advice would be greatly appreciated and if you need more info let me know nbsp

A:Solved: event viewer logs errors

Sounds like a scam to me - is your computer running ok, and do you have any anti virus software installed? Microsoft does not monitor your computer like that and call you proactively.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-event-viewer-logs-errors.1065124/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all,

This Windows 7 utility actually works on Windows 8 Pro (at least it does on my installation).

Event Viewer One Click Clear - Windows 7 Support Forums

Use at your own risk.

Note: There are some that frown on removing historical event logs and I say "To each their own."

Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/20156-windows-8-pro-clear-all-event-logs-utility.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I did a clean install cpl weks ago and noticed my machine randomly, in logs event Reboots Machine nothing started randomly rebooting At first I thought the machine was just killing any prog I left running but I've had it reboot while playing games or just browsing the web Thought that it might be a web-bug but did a full scan on trend micro's site amp nothing showed up I then thought that it was SP so I rolled back but it was still occuring I ran Memtest and my mem passed I then thought that it might be my vidcard so I went to an older version of forceware amp it still occurs The only thing showing up in my event logs are dhcp warnings from my wireless adapter Anyone see anything strange in the log below Logfile Machine Reboots randomly, nothing in event logs of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP v WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Machine Reboots randomly, nothing in event logs Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C Machine Reboots randomly, nothing in event logs WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools Lite quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe quot -autorun O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com micr O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com micr O - DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D Java Runtime Environment - http javadl-esd sun com update ws-i -jc cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload macromedia com ge sh swflash cab O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexingService exe O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe -- End of file - bytes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/machine-reboots-randomly-nothing-in-event-logs-225003.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

I'm looking for a low cost product to centralize viewing, collection and archiving of Windows Event Logs and Syslog messages from my firewall. I know of Event Manager from GFI, but they are too expensive - their WorkStation-only product costs less, but it doesn't handle systog data, only their server product does, and the server edition costs $220 for 9 nodes. I only want something for home use, with 4 nodes. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/central-control-of-event-logs-syslogs.944071/
Relevancy 53.32%

OK so for the last week or so my pc has been cshutting off at random times HiJack Logs Shutdown? this Thermal Event and then on reboot indicating that there had been a thermal event The fan on the CPU is working and the computer often shutdown immediately following start up before there would be any chance for it to get too hot I have run Advanced Systemcare free SInc I got it along with AVG Free When I started noticing problems I also downloaded Ad-Aware and MalWareBytes All systems run clean but performance still sucks Today I get the Thermal event Shutdown message again and when I look at thr event log it shows that my memeory was reduced on Oct th I decide to try to go back to a restore point and coincedientally the last restore point is Oct th I run system restore and the restore application comes back and tells me that it can t restore the computer to that day There is too much coincidence to make me think that nothing is happening but I m not PC savvy enough to figure Thermal Event Shutdown? HiJack this Logs out on my own PLease help Hi Jack this logs below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running Thermal Event Shutdown? HiJack this Logs processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client ssonsvr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files IObit Smart Defrag SmartDefrag exe C Program Files IObit IObit Malware Fighter IMFsrv exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare PMonitor exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Application Updater ApplicationUpdater exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WMP Gv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Common Files Spigot Search Settings SearchSettings exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCTray exe C Program Files PdaNet for Android PdaNetPC exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files IObit IObit Malware Fighter IMF exe C Program Files IObit IObit Malware Fighter IMFUpdater exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE

A:Thermal Event Shutdown? HiJack this Logs

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/426567 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426567/thermal-event-shutdown-hijack-this-logs/
Relevancy 53.32%

I need a little help with a couple of event viewer messages I had problems installing a TV card Leadtek XP EXPERT Leadtek supplies a utility to clean out the old before reinstalling I uninstalled the driver and software but event viewer shows that something continues to remain The WinFast CX x WDM Crossbar service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified The WinFast CX x WDM Video Capture Help some Viewer messages with Event service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified This happens every time I restart I used the latest drivers software from Leadtek This was running fine under XP Home Before I try and reinstall AGAIN I want to make sure everything is Help with some Event Viewer messages gone I don t see any services that may be related I used msconfig to make sure nothing was starting I ran Hijackthis but don t see anything Can someone give me a clue how to identify the culprit I m new to XP PRO SP Could this have something to do with XP PRO privileges I m the only user on this PC Before trying to install the card I tried to create a restore point but System restore is not able to create a restore point tells me to restart and try again but I get the same thing Also when I try and turn off on startup items with msconfig it always tells me An access denied error was returned while attempting to change a service You may need to log on using a Administrator account to make the specified changes even though the change is Help with some Event Viewer messages accepted I should already be the Administrator

A:Help with some Event Viewer messages

Sounds like you have a virus and or Spyware. Boot into Safe Mode with Networking download and install CCleaner, delete Temp files, run Registry Cleaner. Download and install www.malwarebytes.org run full scan, delete nasties.
If you still have problems with the software, install it then use the Revo Uninstaller http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html be sure to use the Advanced option and remove Registry settings.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-some-event-viewer-messages-386430.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I believe I am posting in the correct forum if not I apologize in advance The first sign Logs... Infection Type Unknown Provide & To Unable that something must be wrong with Unknown Infection Type & Unable To Provide Logs... my PC Dell Dimension running Win XP was when booting up I got the message quot The TmProxy module experienced a critical error Please reinstall the program Internal Error - PHO ENG quot I believe that this is related to my copy of a non-up-to-date Trend Micro Anti-Virus Now a week later I m also Unknown Infection Type & Unable To Provide Logs... getting the following message a few minutes after I boot up quot One of the files containing the systems registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy The recovery was successful quot This is soon followed by the warning from Spybot Search and Destroy that a change in my registry is being requested I deny the change My initial attempts I am a moderate novice in all of these issues if it was not already apparent to diagnosis amp correct these issues involved downloading SUPERAnti-Spyware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware I attempt to run each of the programs separately in Safe Mode After a few minutes I am faced with the BS of D In discovering your website I have attempted to follow quot the Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem quot Unfortunately in trying to download Kaspersky s Online Scanner I get the message quot The Java applet will not load Please run the scanner online I forget the exact quote sorry quot I then downloaded DSS The program begins with quot Backing up Registry Hives quot and then BS of D I am at a loss of where to proceed now any advice will be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance Ajay

A:Unknown Infection Type & Unable To Provide Logs...

This situation may well be easiest fixed by a full format and reinstall of your Operating system from your CD.
Malware bytes is actually better run fro m normal mode.
What is the BSOD error message.
Ifd you can't read it as it passses by too fast,then
Stop the cycling Blue screen of Death and write down the complete error mesage...

Please do this

To stop the reboot process go to
}Start
}Right click My Computer
}Properties
}Advanced
}Startup and Recovery and untick automatically restart

The screen will now stop so you can copy it All.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151674/unknown-infection-type-unable-to-provide-logs/
Relevancy 52.89%

Will someone tell me why, when I post a message in a forum, my Title is never bold, but all other titles are bold? How do I get the title to be bold?

Thank you

A:Posting BOLD type Messages Here

Your title is bold to me. When it's not anymore, that's because you clicked on it. When ever someone adds a post to your thread, it will be bold again. You also have to stay logged in. Click on the remember me box when you login. When ever you come back, you won't have to type in your username and password again, unless you delete your cookies.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/posting-bold-type-messages-here.799684/
Relevancy 52.89%

This seems to happen a lot on both of our XP computers, especially when we first sign into Facebook.   Often get than debug option in the box, which doesn't seem to do any good.

We have the updated version of Adobe Flashplayer, which we suspect has something to do with all this.

After this happens, the computer always to slow down.

Any suggestions?

A:Unresponsive Script type messages

What browser are you using? I know it happened to me a lot in Internet Explorer ESPECIALLY in the older versions

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590073/unresponsive-script-type-messages/
Relevancy 52.89%

Is there any way to temporarily prevent event viwer from recording logs?

A:How can i temporarily disable event viewer or delete certain logs

We've already told you that we aren't going to help you get around the controls that your father setup on his own machine. Posting again won't do you any good.
how is he tracking when I am logging on and off the computer??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-can-i-temporarily-disable-event-viewer-or-delete-certain-logs-563211.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Guys I'm currently having an issue with my Win bit Pro computer Transfers to other computers on my network is slow and sometimes the Indicating Network IRC Viewer and Logs Issue? Event icon in the taskbar shows that it's disconnecting and reconnecting I've also IRC and Event Viewer Logs Indicating Network Issue? noticed that uploads to the internet are either slow IRC and Event Viewer Logs Indicating Network Issue? or just never complete as the network keeps resetting I've also noticed in the System Event Viewer for the past hour Service Event Errors ID occurrences in days and for Service Event Error ID occurrences in days ID messages alternate between The TCP IP NetBIOS Helper service entered the stopped state and The TCP IP NetBIOS Helper service entered the running state ID has messages reading Quote The TCP IP NetBIOS Helper service was successfully sent a stop control The reason specified was x Operating System Network Connectivity Planned The other event message which occurs a lot is event which has occurrances over the past days It reads Quote The browser has IRC and Event Viewer Logs Indicating Network Issue? forced an election on network Device NetBT Tcpip E F A- - -A D - AC because a master browser was stopped Does the screenshot here http i photobucket com albums a x IRC jpg indicate a conflict on IRQ If so would that have an impact on these disconnections I believe this might be the underlying cause of my slow transfer speeds to my NAS box getting worse as time went on When I first installed Windows I was getting very good transfer speeds with the occasional slow one but now I rarely get a good connection on my LAN I've installed the latest Realtek Network drivers from the Gigabyte motherboard site plus disabled the unused NIC connector

A:IRC and Event Viewer Logs Indicating Network Issue?

Nvidia chipset?
(if it is, you need to install the drivers)

if not, other options are to set a static IP instead of DHCP and / or 'force' the drivers to be installed instead of using the ms ones for the nic

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/77738-irc-event-viewer-logs-indicating-network-issue.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi everyone, all of a sudden without reason the Win 8 maps app has started crashing at startup. I have tried all that I could think of including reinstalling GPU drivers, any ideas?
Thanks
Peter

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/27266-maps-app-crashing-startup-event-logs-attached.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Howdy folks,
I did a fresh reinstall of WinXP a couple days ago, then I set the computer to defrag last night at midnight and went to bed. Now, I have literally /hundreds/ of messages in my Event Log (System) generated by the Windows File Protection - the file names are all different (and run in alphabetical order), but they all have identical messages:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Windows File Protection
Event ID: 64004
Date: 5/24/2003
Time: 8:27:26 AM
User: N/A
Computer: GRIMJACK
Description:
The protected system file XXX.XXX [all different -Mook] could not be
restored to its original, valid version. The file version of the bad
file is 5.1.2600.1106 The specific error code is 0x800b0100 [No
signature was present in the subject.
].

This is continuing to occur, even after I've rebooted the machine - anyone know what this means?

Mook

Relevancy 52.89%

Guys,

Is there a way to get a full list of the possible events that can appear in the system event's log file?

I am working on a project through which I can get alerts on these errors, but I need to classify them.

Let me know what you can do.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-a-full-list-of-the-system-event-logs-possible-events.569408/
Relevancy 52.89%

Apologies if the question has been asked before, but I've tried a search for this sort of event, without success. I've made it a practice to clear the Event Logs prior to shutting down (somewhat anal, I know!), so that - if anything goes pear-shaped during a session - I might have a chance of tracking it down, as I've only got that day's logs to view. In Vista Ultimate, you can filter the Windows Logs for that viewing, but I can see a way of getting the filter ("Warning" only) to stick permanently. Saving the filters as a custom view only seems to last for that session too. Is there a way, please?TIA! Ray.

A:Controlling The Appearance Of Windows Logs In Event Viewer

Hello Ray, yes you can filter logs, but about Warning-only permamently you cannot...For a little solution try press on "Type" ...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169804/controlling-the-appearance-of-windows-logs-in-event-viewer/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi all,

i always check my boot time from event manager following this pattern:

Event viewer -> Applications and Services log -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Diagnostic Performance -> Operational

off late, i have noticed under Microsoft i get another entry along with Windows. it is IEResp. this was not present earlier.

further under Diagnostic Performance, there was only operational but now there are two more entries i.e Diagnostic and Diagnostic -loopback.

i have observed that my booting time has also gone up.

are these entries valid? why have they turned up? is it ok to keep them or is there any thing i need to do since these entries have turned up.

kindly drop ur views.
thanks,

A:Event Viewer: New Entries Under App. & Service Logs -> Microsoft

pls drop in your views

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224373-event-viewer-new-entries-under-app-service-logs-microsoft.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I have a PC I assembled last June After I loaded it up with my applications and logs? event How in Device to Disconnect find Win7 connected my devices I began getting device disconnect sounds as well as a few device connect sounds I've been troubleshooting by disconnecting all devices then adding devices back one at a time to try to find the culprit I'm not How to find Device Disconnect event in Win7 logs? getting consistent or convincing results so far but will keep working on that approach A Web search on the subject returns lots of results where users are experiencing these sounds Answers are sparse And antagonizing I have not found any hints as to how to extract from the system what is actually happening What I am looking for is if anybody knows where in the system I can find a log that records device connect disconnect events associated with these sounds Anybody have a clue CASE Cooler Master HAF RC- -KKN Mid Tower MOTHERBOARD ASUS P P Deluxe LGA P B Rev CPU Intel BX I K Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost CPU Heat Sink Cooler Master GeminII S RR-CCH-PBU -GP mm Sleeve DRAM GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model CT KIT BA ZOTAC ZT- - L GeForce GTS Fermi GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold Series RS - GAD -US W DRIVE O S OCZ VTX MI- SAT - G Vertex MAX IOPS Edition quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD DRIVE Data Hitachi UltraStar A K F TB RPM MB Cache SATA GB DRIVE Apps Programs amp Updates Web site OCZ VTX - SAT - G Vertex quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD BLU-RAY Burner Lite-On iHBS O S Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit External Drive WD My Book TB USB Keyboard Rosewill Cherry MX Switch Brown Mechanical Keyboard Monitor NEC LCD UXi LCD 'twist' tech x ppi

A:How to find Device Disconnect event in Win7 logs?

Dave

The best place to start is in event viewer. You want to do whatever you need to cause the problem and look in event viewer around that time.

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Event viewer (local) and look for the critical errors listed in the last day, week, etc. Then go to the windows log>application tab. Finally the windows Logs>system tabs.

You want to look for critical errors (they have red in the left column ). If nothing critical is related to the problem keep looking it is there.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/187751-how-find-device-disconnect-event-win7-logs.html
Relevancy 52.89%

The is another attempt at getting this answered Previous replies noted that the Administrative Events under the Custom view was just a compilation of all the other logs I do not belive this is entirely correct Clearing Windows in Event Administrative 7 Viewer Logs as all the events in this log concern the operating system and do NOT appear in the other logs such as Application Security etc Below is an example of what is showing up on my system after all the individual logs shown under Event Viewer are cleared Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category Warning Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client None Error Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Session Error Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client Address Configuration State Event Error Microsoft-Windows-PrintService Sharing a printer Error Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client Address Configuration State Event Error Microsoft-Windows-PrintService Sharing a printer Error Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client Address Configuration State Event Error Microsoft-Windows-PrintService Sharing a printer Error Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client Address Configuration State Event Error Microsoft-Windows-PrintService Sharing a printer Error Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client Address Configuration State Event There are over of these events remaining after all the logs were cleared dating back to January of when I bought the computer So once again How do I clear these logs nbsp A command line method is fine as long as somebody can tell me the actual log name to use Seren

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1152f6eb-4b05-442e-b1f3-9a3641b233d3/clearing-event-viewer-administrative-logs-in-windows-7?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.89%

Windows Home Premium SP1 64 bit

When opening Win 7 Event Viewer, in the Summary of Administrative Events window, it's reading the "Microsoft windowsbackup/ActionCenter log". Shouldn't it instead be reading the original logs? Application, System, Security, etc. ?

When I click on these logs in the left hand pane they open properly.

A:Event Viewer Reading Backup Logs Instead of Original

Windows backup is a log, not a backup log.

Your fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/319687-event-viewer-reading-backup-logs-instead-original.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi - I have an event log error message and I cannot seem to find any info on the following messages :

"The server was unable to allocate from the system paged pool because the pool was empty"

The server needed to be restarted before anybody could map to a share. The users where seeing the message :

"Not enough server storage is available to process this command".

The machine has 1 gig of ram and also has allocated 2 gig of page file. Unfortunatly the server had been rebooted by the time I got there, would I be right in thinking that a memory leak would cause these problems.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance

Ron

A:Event Log Error messages - Help Needed

Greetings

Yes, it sounds like you do have a memory leak. Now starts the long process of trying to track down which process is at fault.

Here is a good article on how to Optimise and Tune NT. And this article will explain what to look for when using the Performance Monitor.

Here are a few other pages that might make things clearer:
http://www.jsiinc.com/TIP0500/rh0536.htm

http://www.jsiinc.com/TIP1100/rh1124.htm

And a really good one: http://www.jsiinc.com/TIP0000/rh0088.htm

Hope this helps

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

[This message has been edited by Reuel Miller (edited 02-07-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-log-error-messages-help-needed.28302/
Relevancy 52.89%

I just found 'error' messages in my event viewer Windows Logs Application - AM Activation error Viewer messages Event context generation Event Viewer error messages failed for quot c program files spybot - search amp destroy DelZip dll quot Error in manifest or policy file quot c program files spybot - search amp destroy DelZip dll quot on line The value quot quot of attribute quot language quot in element quot assemblyIdentity quot is invalid - AM Activation context generation failed for quot c program files mozbackup dll DelZip dll quot Error in manifest or policy file quot c program files mozbackup dll DelZip dll quot on line The value quot quot of attribute quot language quot in element quot assemblyIdentity quot is invalid - AM Activation context generation failed for quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe AIR Versions Adobe AIR dll quot Error in manifest or policy file quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe AIR Versions Adobe AIR dll quot on line The value quot MAJOR VERSION MINOR VERSION BUILD NUMBER MAJOR BUILD NUMBER MINOR quot of attribute quot version quot in element quot assemblyIdentity quot is invalid The quot Source quot is SideBySide with quot Event ID quot of for all items Has run each day for past days I am running Win HP bit Can someone quot decode quot what they say into something understandable Should I be worried or just 'hide my head in the sand' Thanks for any help

A:Event Viewer error messages

He is an answer from SpyBot forum.
error message windows 7 - Safer-Networking Forums

Seems to be a damaged DelZip179.dll file.

Found this on the Adobe Air Forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/526016?tstart=30
Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/92502-event-viewer-error-messages.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I want to know if my sis motherboard drivers can be viewer USB, SP4, event messages/problems W2K, obtained and or upgraded with my windows advanced server machine Will they also work for Windows Server Where can I get them I think that they have become corrupt My USB no longer works I tried to download Windows SP Sp worked W2K, USB, SP4, event viewer messages/problems ok even with iis service disabled but all I get are these error messages quot Unable to connect to metabase Setup failed to remove ism dll script mappings Service pack setup will abort quot Also I get quot Put Windows setup boot disk into floppy drive restart then select emergency repair option quot I dont have the cd for w k now Amother message I get says that several services have failed and to go to event viewer which only says that smtp service failed service control manager iisinfo ctrs and a couple of others I did run my virus scan and it caught a couple of viruses namely bugbear and agobot but the error messages continue So my problems are USB drivers Motherboard drivers SP installation Event Viewer smtp and iis service failures Can anyone help me please nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w2k-usb-sp4-event-viewer-messages-problems.234122/
Relevancy 52.89%

My event viewer/application log is listing many multiples of times an information source as ITSS. The properties of this event are as follows:

The description for Event ID (1) in Source (ITSS) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE=flag to retrieve the description; see Help an Support for details. The following information is part of the event: mhtml:C:\.mht!http://www.intertanko.com/ads/mm.jpg.
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=45834

I am running ZA security suite 6.0 and have run Adaware SE Personal.
Intertanko is a web site dedicated to international shipping. What is this???
Should I be concerned?

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

Every now and then the new XP Pro box reboots whilst I'm in the middle of something. It is a new box and unlikely hardware is the problem altho' one never knows.

I have checked the event log and this error is always there at the time.

Nsynas32 service failed to start due to the following error.. The system cannot find the specified file.

Printer MS XPS Document Writer failed to initialise because a suitable MS XPS doc writer driver could not be found.

At none of these times was I in explorer or trying to get a file nor in Word, in fact word is not on the box.

Thanks
rock

A:XP crashes - Event ertor messages

There should be a default MS XPS Documnet printer listed among your installed printers. If not there, you may need some Windows updates.

Do you have Cubase installed? Do you use any hardware dongle?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-crashes-event-ertor-messages.836468/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys what s up I have messages Viewer Event in Error a problem Error messages in Event Viewer A friend of mine recently purchased a pc for his -year old to learn on from a local vendor who has mysteriously disappeared by the way for He was told that the pc was less than two years old but when I checked it out I found a Pentium and it actually had a mere MB memory chip in it and the list goes on I was hoping someone could either translate these errors for me or point me in the right direction if no one can help I also suspect that the OS is bootlegged but I am afraid to run the Microsoft Genuine Software tool I would really hate to lock up his OS the trusty pay me within days or I will render your computer worthless screen because that will push the total up to about what a brand new one although a really low-end one would cost and is a different discussion I am having with Microsoft I merely mentioned it in case it was critical information in the diagnosis But I am convinced this is the REAL problem And for some reason I can t get the security log in Event Viewer to actually log anything either I would really like to get this thing to running decent although I know not to expect much due to the technology for him so that it s not a TOTAL loss But I have no idea on how to chase these items down I apologize up front because this is such a long list but I didn t know what was useless info and what wasn t and I keep getting the same errors over and over and over ARRGHHH Thanks guys Event Type Error Event Source ACPI Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer xxxxxxxxxxxxx Description AMLI ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address xcfc which lies in the xcf - xcff protected address range This could lead to system instability Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance Data R c Event Type Error HOW DO I FIND OUT WHICH DRIVER OR DEVICE Event Source Service Control Manager Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer xxxxxxxxxxxxx Description The ASCTRM service failed to start due to the following error The specified driver is invalid Event Type Error Event Source ACPI Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer xxxxxxxxxxxxx Description AMLI ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal IO port address xcf which lies in the xcf - xcff protected address range This could lead to system instability Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance Data R c Event Type Warning THOUSANDS OF THESE wHAT SERVER AND WHY Event Source MsiInstaller Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User xxxxxxxxxxxxx Computer xxxxxxxxxxxxx Description Failed to connect to server Error x F Event Type Warning HOW DO I DETERMINE WHAT APPLICATION SERVICE Event Source Userenv WHY DOES IT KEEP DOING THIS Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer xxxxxxxxxxxxx Description Windows saved user xxxxxxxxxxxxx registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off The memory used by the user s registry has not been freed The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use This is often caused by services running as a user account try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account Event Type Information HOW DO I FIND OUT WHAT THIS IS Event Source MsiInstaller AiO Scan IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User TONY-J YD D Y TONY Computer TONY-J YD D Y Description Product AiO Scan -- Installation operation completed successfully Data b AEC FE br d d C- D - br d DEA- D br d - B E D br d D nbsp

A:Error messages in Event Viewer

Try this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6D-8912-4E18-B570-42470E2F3582&displaylang=en

Some services may not be started, starting or closing. Go to Start > Run and use services.msc.

Also in reference to "ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0xcfc), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.". Update the BIOS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-messages-in-event-viewer.545889/
Relevancy 52.89%

I came across your Forum in an effort to resolve some nagging errors I have found in my Event Viewer. I have attached the 2 documents per produced off the DDS and hope that someone can help me remedy the errors. Thank you in advance!

A:Event Viewer Error Messages

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEmsconfigsafebootminimalactivexdrivers32netsvcs%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.syssymmpi.sysadp3132.sysmv61xx.sysnvraid.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/315581/event-viewer-error-messages/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm wondering if anyone has an easy way of fixing these errors??? I have over 10 of them that say things like:

-The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
d344bus,
-The XAMPP Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified.,
-The OracleOraHome92TNSListener service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.,
-Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the OracleOraHome92TNSListener service to connect.,
etc.

All the id #'s are 7000 and 7009. I'm not sure what I can do to remedy this.
If anyone has an easy way to fix this...Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fixing-event-viewer-messages.608189/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi guys
having a problem with my computer crashing,occasionally back to windows screen but mostly to a total restart
These are the event viewer reports

my machine is,
intel core2 quad Q8200
Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H motherboard with NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i onboard graphics
4Gig memory (corsaire)
running windows xp pro service pack3
500w power supply
Hope someone can help
thanks
wayne

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6000.16791, faulting module flash10b.ocx, version 10.0.22.87, fault address
0x000f2218.

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6000.16791, faulting module flash10b.ocx, version 10.0.22.87, fault address 0x000ba57d.

Application popup: SysFader: iexplore.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x7c912f05" referenced memory at "0x716138e4". The memory could not be "read".

A:[SOLVED] Event viewer messages

I had another crash today

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000f7 (0x00000000, 0x000010a6, 0xffffef59, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini032909-01.dmp.

any ideas guys
wayne

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-event-viewer-messages-361008.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I was checking for any errors in event viewer and noticed in the application category, I am getting these errors:

Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

This is on of many and have been apparently going on for a while. Are they serious? What are they, I checked windows and they were no help. Will these cause my computer to(knock on wood) crash?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-messages-in-event-viewer.828504/
Relevancy 52.46%

hi
every time i type my password in to my user acccount on my pc it starts to log on but within a matter of seconds it logs itself off again
i tried to log on, on safe mode but it does the exact same thing
i think it may be due to a virus: spzru.exe
cany anyone help me with this?

A:computer automatically logs off as soon as i type my password in on my user account

Did you use Search and Destroy by any chance? I'm having the same problems but I can't fix due to my computer's limitations, still looking for a fix :o

Look here - No wait here xD

Good luck! Hopefully you have more than me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-automatically-logs-off-as-soon-as-i-type-my-password-in-on-my-user-account-280200.html
Relevancy 52.46%

SORRY if I posted this in the wrong section Hello For some reason my pc keeps on crashing lately when I am watching youtube videos or gaming screen going black and hearing some buzzing sound and after a few seconds it reboots This happens randomly It can happen in minutes or even in hours Here is a screenshot of event viewer with a critical error which appeared exactly when the pc crashes Here's a screenshot of that critical event http i imgur com Ysejgqk png Following that error there are included. files Computer crashing. and Event logs dump a few more events and among them are a few error events After the pc Computer crashing. Event logs and dump files included. is rebooted it appears another error event which is saying quot The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x x xffffe ccb x x quot and has a dump file attacked to it Here's Computer crashing. Event logs and dump files included. a screenshot of Computer crashing. Event logs and dump files included. it http i imgur com ydumKiP png Here's the dump file I've uploaded it on tinyupload because I couldn't find how to attack it here http s tinyupload com index php file id Anyone knows what the cause might be Mb not sending power to the components Faulty PSU anything else My budget is extremely limited so I have to find out exactly which component is causing this problem Also does the dump file say anything what the cause might be PS CPU and GPU temps are fine around - during gaming I have tried all possible driver versions for every component Tried it on windows and I took the CPU out to clean it well and the bios reseted not sure if I have to change the settings from bios or let them as they are

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/381370-computer-crashing-event-logs-dump-files-included.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all,

I have been having this issue for a while but been ignoring them as I have been busy. It started with an error:

Imgur

That pops up every 5 minutes or so.

When using MS word or excel My screen randomly flashes black and about an hour ago it stayed black with only the mouse cursor (which I could move, and it changed to the drag and resize tool when in the right place on the screen to interact with MS Word objects)

I had to restart the computer after this, and had a look at the logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7XBCLFz9ng6b2JGc08wYnhmSVk/view?usp=sharing

Does anyone have any idea?

Its a Dell Inspiron 15Rse with 8 GB RAM, AMD Graphics and an SSD I installed last year.

Virus software is Avast and malwarebytes

Many thanks,

Tommy

A:Horrendus event logs, Black flashes and dll missing errors

Probably malware related. Please visit NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

Code:
Name resolution for the name ywoqmcmwuqgysmcw.org timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.
Malware-Traffic-Analysis.net - 2015-01-08 - Malware hosted on 82.244.160.22

If you're experiencing BSODs, start here -> Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/horrendus-event-logs-black-flashes-and-dll-missing-errors-982170.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello Forum,

I'm getting a error in the Windows Logs - Application that appears to be related to the Win 10 free upgrade push. Without removing all the Win 10 updates to my Win 7 Pro x64 system, I'm looking for a way to resolve the error.

This is a Win 7 clean install return from Win 10.

Does anyone have a solution?

Quote:
Faulting application name: GWXUX.exe, version: 6.3.9600.18064, time stamp:
0x56042d8f

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.19045, time stamp:
0x56259295

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000004ac04

Faulting process id: 0x1ddc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d134a2492ae39f

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\GWX\GWXUX.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 87823f99-a095-11e5-8cbe-386077b56e17

A:Application Error - Windows Logs - Event ID: 1000 (Win 10 related)

Quote: Originally Posted by tjg79

Without removing all the Win 10 updates to my Win 7 Pro x64 system, I'm looking for a way to resolve the error...

...Does anyone have a solution?

I would try to correct the error by running sfc /scannow, if that doesn't fix the problem you may have other file corruption/manifest issues; check the log located in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Another possibility would be to uninstall/reinstall KB3035583. Disabling the GWX associated tasks in Task Scheduler is a bit of a problem, see this post for the gory details.

Me? I'd just uninstall KB's 2952664 & 3035583, hide them & be done with the Win 10 upgrade nuisance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387468-application-error-windows-logs-event-id-1000-win-10-related.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I followed the prep guide I couldn t backup my data I think that s because I was trying to burn it to DVD I have posted the Cobian Backup log just in case - - Welcome to Cobian Backup The engine is now started Engine version OS Service No - - Loading the current list quot C Redirect Event Logs, Possible Redirects, Google Strange Virus Program Files x Cobian Backup DB MainList lst quot - - The safe mirror directory quot C Users Julie AppData Local Safe mirror quot doesn t exists Trying to create it - - The safe mirror Redirects, Strange Event Logs, Possible Google Redirect Virus directory quot C Users Julie AppData Local Safe mirror quot has been successfully created - - Starting the user interface - - The user interface has been started - - Getting version information from the server - - Your version is up to date - - The settings have been reloaded - - The task list has been reloaded quot C Program Files x Cobian Backup DB MainList lst quot - - A new backup has begun Number of tasks in queue - - Preventing the system from entering Sleep mode - - Applying parameters to the task quot Inc Backup quot - - Starting backup for the task quot Inc Backup quot - - Calculating the number of files to backup for the task quot Inc Backup quot - - If your unpacker cannot handle the zip archives created by Cobian Backup see the FAQ - - Starting the Volume Shadow Copy snapshot for the drives C - - The Volume Shadow Copy snapshot set has been created successfully - - Changing the backup type to full Reason task s first backup - - Creating the destination directory quot D quot - - The destination directory quot D quot was successfully createdERR - - An error occurred when creating or refreshing the archive quot D C - - zip quot Cannot create file quot D C - - zip quot Incorrect function - - The history file for quot Inc Backup quot will not be saved because the result of the backup is empty - - Deleting the Volume Shadow Copy snapshot quot c bd eec- cb- a - bdd- b b quot - - The Volume Shadow Copy snapshot set has been successfully deleted - - Task quot Inc Backup quot finished Processed files Backed up files Errors - - The backup of quot Inc Backup quot has ended Elapsed time for the task hour s minute s second s - - - - The system can now enter Sleep mode - - Total elapsed time for all the backed up tasks Hours Minutes Seconds - - Backup finished Processed files Backed up files Errors - - Shutting down the computer - - Welcome to Cobian Backup The engine is now started Engine version OS Service No - - Loading the current list quot C Program Files x Cobian Backup DB MainList lst quot - - Starting the user interface - - The user interface has been started - - The task list has been reloaded quot C Program Files x Cobian Backup DB MainList lst quot - - A new backup has begun Number of tasks in queue - - Preventing the system from entering Sleep mode - - Applying parameters to the task quot Inc Backup quot - - Starting backup for the task quot Inc Backup quot - - Calculating the number of files to backup for the task quot Inc Backup quot - - If your unpacker cannot handle the zip archives created by Cobian Backup see the FAQ - - Starting the Volume Shadow Copy snapshot for the drives C - - The Volume Shadow Copy snapshot set has been created successfully - - Changing the backup type to full Reason task s first backup - - Creating the destination directory quot D quot - - The destination directory quot D quot was successfully createdERR - - An error occurred when creating or refreshing the archive quot D C - - zip quot Cannot create file quot D C - - zip quot Incorrect function - - The history file for quot Inc Backup quot will not be saved because the result of the backup is empty - - Deleting the Volume Shadow Copy snapshot quot b- f - d -b e - a b d a d quot - - The Volume Shadow Copy snapshot set has been successfully deleted - - Task quot Inc Backup quot finished Processed files Backed up files Errors - - The backup of quot Inc Backup quot ha... Read more

A:Redirects, Strange Event Logs, Possible Google Redirect Virus

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411844/redirects-strange-event-logs-possible-google-redirect-virus/
Relevancy 52.46%

Howdy everyone I've got a problem with my computer hard freezing locking up no input have to perform a hard reboot since July th It with Viewer or Event Hard No Freezes BSOD Logs Computer seems impossible for me to diagnose this problem since I've never dealt with a recurring hard freeze before My initial reaction was that the hardware was problematic but at the same time I have no idea if it could be caused by a driver Attempted solutions so far Ran CHKDSK on both HDDs no errors found this is on a four-week old HDD with a fresh Windows x install Ran Memtest for hours no errors found Replaced the graphics card with a weaker one problem still occurred Constantly checking temps for overheating card and processor rarely get above but the computer still freezes during idle or low Computer Hard Freezes with No BSOD or Event Viewer Logs processing stages Software-related Uninstalled and swept video card drivers then reinstalled twice Ran Driver Verifier as of now and no blue screens Started checking for any errors in Event Viewer none are related to the crash so far as I've fixed about random things getting reported Checked for dump files to no avail Reinstalled all motherboard drivers from the manufacturer At this point I'm at the end of my ideas so I came to you guys I have no idea what information I could provide to you that may be of assistance While the computer is frozen it is still powered on as well - Computer Hard Freezes with No BSOD or Event Viewer Logs I have to turn it off manually if that is revealing of anything I'm basically willing to try anything Please let me know if you have any suggestions thanks

A:Computer Hard Freezes with No BSOD or Event Viewer Logs

Welcome
Try in safe mode, if it freezes most likely hardware problem

Here are my solutions to freezing, and an excellent article, which I hope is of some help
Go to search type device manager and look for any yellow warning markers
Download and run malwarebytes, a full scan after you update
Run antivirus scan
Check memory with memtest86
Make sure that you are not over heating.
Try in safe mode; report back if it works properly.
Try a clean boot
Make sure PSU is working properly
If overclocking, restore to original
Test hard drive at company website.
Test in safe mode, does it still happen?
Try with clean boot..
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
http://malwarebytes.org/
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic...ing-memtest86/
http://ezinearticles.com/?Troublesho...blems&id=39981

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/242343-computer-hard-freezes-no-bsod-event-viewer-logs.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Failed boots app freezing - Disk error in Event Logs I've been having constant problems that have been haunting me since I put together my computer It is becoming so frequent that using the Disk error freezing / in boots Event app Logs Failed - computer is just a nuisance Computer Specs -- gt Running at all default BIOS CPU Intel i - K MOBO Gigabyte Z X-D H RAM x GB Kingston HyperX KHX C D G GB M x -Bit DDR - GFX Nvidia Msi GTX ti HDD GB Corsair SDD C GB Western Digital Caviar D CPU Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H Watercooling Overview Random applications stop responding or fail to load up although they are present in task manager If a program stops responding such as google chrome or my computer than I am unable to open task manager or any other program Shutting down is also not an option so after I restart with the case button it freezes at the boot screen and requires the power to be unplugged in order to boot back I have narrowed the problem down somewhat Stress tests such as Prime wPrime OCCT Power Supply Memtest all give positive results after hrs of testing Check my event log the three errors shown seem to occur each time I encounter a crash Quote Device Failed boots / app freezing - Disk error in Event Logs Harddisk DR E B C FFFFFFFF C A FAFFFF D B FAFFFF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Binary data In Words E C B FFFFFFFF C A FFFFFA B D FFFFFA In Bytes E B C FF FF FF FF X C lt A FA FF FF b D B FA FF FF x a Check the SMART data for my hard drives from Aida SECONDARY DRIVE D -- GB Western Digital Caviar PRIMARY WINDOWS INSTALLATION C -- GB SSD

A:Failed boots / app freezing - Disk error in Event Logs

Just an FYI: I cleaned up your quote because your post was wider than the window in some browsers.
Can we get a screenshot of your Disk Management?
Click the Start Button

Type diskmgmt.msc into Search programs and files

Use the snipping tool to save a screenshot.
Snipping Tool - Microsoft Windows

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/failed-boots-app-freezing-disk-error-in-event-logs-685092.html
Relevancy 52.46%

SOLVED After testing it for over a month I can say for sure that the power supply was the cause Changed it with a w one and ever since then the pc is working great For anyone who can't open up his Event included. files dump logs and Computer crashing. PSU or doesn't want to risk by doing it to check the capacitors go Computer crashing. Event logs and dump files included. to bios and check your voltages Any voltage in red means that either a cable is not plugged in perfectly or a capacitor has leaked Special thanks to axe and Ztruker for helping me Hello For some reason my pc keeps on crashing lately when I am watching youtube videos or gaming screen going black and hearing some buzzing sound and after a few seconds it reboots This happens randomly It can happen in minutes or even in hours Here is a screenshot of event viewer with a critical error which appeared exactly when the pc crashes Here's a screenshot of that critical event http i imgur com Ysejgqk png Following that error there are a few more events and among them are a few error events After the pc is rebooted it appears another Computer crashing. Event logs and dump files included. error event which is saying quot The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x x xffffe ccb x x quot and has a dump file attacked to it Here's a screenshot of it http i imgur com ydumKiP png Here's the dump file I've uploaded it on tinyupload because I couldn't find how to attack it here http s tinyupload com index php file id Anyone knows what the cause might be Mb not sending power to the components Faulty PSU anything else My budget is extremely limited so I have to find out exactly which component is causing this problem Also does the dump file say anything what the cause might be PS CPU and GPU temps are fine around - during gaming I have tried all possible driver versions for every component Tried it on windows and I took the CPU out to clean it well and the bios reseted not sure if I have to change the settings from bios or let them as they are

A:Computer crashing. Event logs and dump files included.

Are you overclocking? The dump shows a machine check in AuthenticAMD which is a hardware failure.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/70941-computer-crashing-event-logs-dump-files-included.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hi does anyone have a tutorial or ebook i could read for reading windows event logs? id like to learn more about them and i think i have the right section so pleas correct me if im wrong

A:Tutorials for reading windows event logs in schedule tasks

Good basic guide : Use Windows 7 Event Viewer to track down issues that cause slower boot times - TechRepublic

THE database of log events : Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Event Logs

And of course don't forget google.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37065-tutorials-reading-windows-event-logs-schedule-tasks.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I have a few questions regarding the security event viewer log as i like to know if my pc security is being attacked. i have a standalone pc without connecting to any other network. i am still using dialup service but will go broadband very soon.

1. a few logs show anonymous logon type 3 - what does it mean? is someone trying to logon to my computer behind my back?

2. audit failure - what happens when it shows audit failure?

hope someone could shed me some light on the above. pls let me know if you need more info from me. many thanks in advance

A:windows xp security event viewer- anonymous logon type 3

Not sure about type3 logon, but the audit failure is supposed to be there. If you use the welcome screen where you click an icon to select your user, widows tries to logon to each account automatically. If any users are password protected, an audit failure will appear in the event viewer. Type 3 logon is a network sharing logon. Check to make sure you are not sharing a drive or a printer to the net. Open the control panel, choose network connections, choose your adapter, and click on settings. Uncheck file and printer sharing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-security-event-viewer-anonymous-logon-type-3.297388/
Relevancy 52.46%

Back again with and hangs Ultimate event Vista messages problems with my HP Pavilion dv running Vista Ultimate I took it in for repairs and they replaced the harddrive Still problems and they said it s the motherboard Did a System Recovery by HP disk twice and just had to do a System Restore using a CD burned with the Vista Recovery stuff The recovery partition that came on the computer Vista Ultimate hangs and event messages is inaccessible for whatever reason The laptop is still hanging occasionally just stopping in the middle of something and freezing for several seconds to a minute or so Also nothing Vista Ultimate hangs and event messages I have tried to install my printer has worked yet after multiple attempts Most recently the message said quot The print processor does not exist quot Also saw ZIMFPrint was missing Here are some event messages from the Event Viewer which occur multiple times quot Reset to device Device RaidPort was issued quot quot TCP IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts quot quot Windows Windows A request to write to the file quot C ProgramData Microsoft Search Data Applications Windows Windows edb quot at offset x for x bytes succeeded but took an abnormally long Vista Ultimate hangs and event messages time seconds to be serviced by the OS In addition other I O requests to this file have also taken an abnormally long time to be serviced since the last message regarding this problem was posted seconds ago This problem is likely due to faulty hardware Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem quot quot wuaueng dll SUS ClientDataStore A request to read from the file quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution DataStore DataStore edb quot at offset x for x bytes succeeded but took an abnormally long time seconds to be serviced by the OS This problem is likely due to faulty hardware Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem quot I have no idea how to contact my hardware vendor and have no desire to take my computer back in to the repair shop because they did nothing last time but write it off as a bad motherboard They were ready to trash it but I brought it home and did the System Recovery so it s usable Does anyone have any ideas about these concerns Thanks once again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-ultimate-hangs-and-event-messages.888839/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am testing MBAM in a lab environment utilizing the server setup I was able to encrypt a PC successfully but it took aproximately hrs before it initiated the encryption process Before this I tried gpupdate force but MBAM Log Client Messages Event Error it did not do anything Below nbsp are MBAM Client Event Log Error Messages the error messages and successful messages nbsp from the client's MBAM event log entries MBAM Client Event Log Error Messages I am hoping someone may be able to point me in the correct direction to possible causes of these issues Thank you nbsp And another error Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-MBAM Admin Source nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-MBAM Date nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PM Event ID nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category None Level nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Error Keywords nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp User nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SYSTEM Computer nbsp nbsp nbsp MBAM Client Event Log Error Messages nbsp nbsp mbam-client mokfarg orc Description An error occurred while sending encryption status data Error code x d Details Access was denied by the remote endpoint Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-MBAM quot Guid quot C E B- DF - A F- -F F D C D quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt EventID gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Version gt lt Version gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Correlation gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-MBAM Admin lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt mbam-client mokfarg orc lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt x d lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot ErrorString quot gt Access was denied by the remote endpoint lt Data gt nbsp lt EventData gt lt Event gt Successful Messages on Client nbsp Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-MBAM Operational Source nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-MBAM Date nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PM Event ID nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category None Level nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Information Keywords nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp User nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SYSTEM Computer nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp mbam-client mokfarg orc Description The MBAM policies were applied sucessfully Volume ID Volume fff b c -c d - e -a c - e f e Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-MBAM quot Guid quot C E B- DF - A F- -F F D C D quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt EventID gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Version gt lt Version gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Correlation gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-MBAM Operational lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt mbam-client mokfarg orc lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot VolumeId quot gt Volume fff b c -c d - e -a c - e f e lt Data gt nbsp lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Window... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9d71f249-8bc2-4985-b730-641c2d6a1349/mbam-client-event-log-error-messages?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 52.46%

I fnd that I have the same error message appearing at about second intervals on one occasion over were logged Details below Log Name Application Source ESENT Date Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer TOWER Description svchost SRUJet An attempt Event error Viewer in Multiple messages to open the file quot C WINDOWS system SRU SRUDB dat quot for read write access failed with system error x quot The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process quot The open file operation will Multiple error messages in Event Viewer fail with error - xfffffbf Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot ESENT quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt Multiple error messages in Event Viewer EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt TOWER lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt svchost lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt SRUJet lt Data gt lt Data gt C WINDOWS system SRU SRUDB dat lt Data gt lt Data gt - xfffffbf lt Data gt lt Data gt x lt Data gt lt Data gt The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Multiple error messages in Event Viewer

Stopping the DPS and see if it'll reproduced.

Win + R, type in -> services.msc <- hit Enter. Scroll down and double click on Diagnostic Policy Service, click the stop button.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/38302-multiple-error-messages-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My OS is XP Home SP2.
In the Event Viewer (Application), I've noticed that 3 consecutive messages are displayed at the end of my system startup:

1) wuaueng.dll (1876) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).

2) wuaueng.dll (1876) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).

3) wuauclt (1876) The database engine stopped.

I realize that the process mentioned (wuauclt) has to do with automatic updates.
I also realize that they're only "Information" messages, not Errors.
However, I thought this process is supposed to run in the background all the time.
If so, what's causing it to stop? Do these messages come up for everyone?

My setting for Automatic Updates is:
"Notify me but don't automatically download or install them."

I have my services configured according to the web site:
www.BlackViper.com: Windows XP Home and Professional Service Pack 2 Service Configurations
"Safe" Configuration is what I use.

A:Event Viewer Messages concerning Automatic Updates

I'm getting those same messages. I've been having lots o' problems lately, not sure from what... Added a new Lite-On DVDRW, doubled RAM to 512MB and added a 120GB hard drive on Dec. 10th. Lots of messages since than, and lots of BLUE SCREEN STOP messages.
I'm monitoring the event viewer regularly now, and came looking for info on wuauclt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-viewer-messages-concerning-automatic-updates.314450/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi my pc has been freezing up off amp on for the last two wks or so I ve ran every scan Ad-aware SE Spybot McAfee etc and have found no reason for this messages Event System in Error Viewer... I checked in the Error messages in System Event Viewer... System Event Viewer tonight to see what error messages I ve been getting and it seems that everytime it freezes it sends an error message to the event viewer the errors are quot atapi quot and quot cdrom quot I have suspected that I have a problem with my cdrom drive because at times it will not open could these errors be causing the freeze ups Error messages in System Event Viewer... that have been happening every few seconds amp lasting a few seconds It doesn t happen all the time it s not happened for two straight days until earlier this evening Is this something that can be fixed Anyone have any advice for me Thanks so much BTW I am running windows xp home If more info is needed plz let me know nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I am using Windows XP Proffesional with SP3 and I am receiving the following warning message in Event Viewer Application:

The COM+ Event System failed to create an instance of the subscriber partition:{41E90F3E-56C1-4633-81C3-6E8BAC8BDD70}!new:{6295DF2D-35EE-11D1-8707-00C04FD93327}. CoGetObject returned HRESULT 8000401A.

A minute prior, I am receiving the following ERROR message in Event viewer:

Source: IISADMIN
Category: None
type: Error Event ID: 102

Description:
IISADMIN service found that account IUSR_GATEWAY-960P1NS is disabled. Some IIS functions can fail for this reason.

THE WARNING AND ERROR MESSAGE OCCUR ABOUT 3:00 A.M. EACH NIGHT. I ALSO BELIEVE THAT MY COMPUTER REBOOTS AND RESTARTS BY ITSELF DURING THE EVENING. I DO NOT KNOW WHY THIS IS OCCURING.

Someone indicated this could be happening because of the SP3 or one of the security update patches
Thanks in advance for your response and supported suggestions
Hank L

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello BC community Hopefully I am posting in the correct section I have followed the steps 1178) Scanner help! (Type Included Logs Rogue Exploit need - Desperately and I have included the required logs below I shall Exploit Rogue Scanner (Type 1178) - Desperately need help! Logs Included begin with what I know I consider myself to be of decent computer knowledge I Exploit Rogue Scanner (Type 1178) - Desperately need help! Logs Included know how to write HTML I properly run Windows XP Vista without many problems and I can and have on occasion installed hardware new graphics card etc Currently AVG is giving me warnings that is has blocked quot Exploit Rogue Scanner type quot As far as I know this is a rare form and is extremely difficult to remove The effects of this virus include opening and leading to completely random webpages I have attempted to research how to remove such a problem However my google searches have yielded me little results and the virus still persists on occassion AVG tells me the Exploit Rogue Scanner threat is blocked Here is what I have done to remedy the situation Switched from IE to Mozilla Firefox Complete Scan with AVG Free AVG version -- Virus DB It did not remove the ERS Complete Scan with Spybot-SD version It did not remove the ERS Complete Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version I have a log for July It did not remove ERS Complete Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Main Menu version It did not remove ERS Note I do not run these protection software at the same time Finally I would like to thank those who spend the time reading my post and helping All the help is sincerely appreciated Thank you in advance Respectfully a very frustrated computer userMercmania DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by mercuri family at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF SP AVG Anti-Virus Free enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF SP Spybot - Search and Destroy enabled Outdated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP SUPERAntiSpyware disabled Updated A C- - e- F- E AC DA Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Windows system lsm exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system rundll exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exeC Program Files NDAS System ndassvc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Windows system PnkBstrA exeC Windows system PnkBstrB exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows sttray exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort e... Read more

A:Exploit Rogue Scanner (Type 1178) - Desperately need help! Logs Included

Hello mercmaniaWelcome to BleepingComputer ==========================Download OTL to your desktop.Double click on OTL to run it. When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.Under Custom scan's and fixes section paste in the below in boldnetsvcs%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*%systemroot%\*. /mp /sCREATERESTOREPOINT%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90%systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dllCheck the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.====================

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/337398/exploit-rogue-scanner-type-1178-desperately-need-help-logs-included/