Windows Support Forum

Window is unable to connect to a wireless network

Q: Window is unable to connect to a wireless network

Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer in range. Please refresh the list of available networks, and try to connect again.

This message poped up during connecting to a wireless network

this information might be usefull

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jayden Gilchrist>IPCONFIG/ALL

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : PC123911455270
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Networ
k Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-18-DE-B5-17-5C

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connecti
on
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-36-B7-56-59

C:\Documents and Settings\Jayden Gilchrist>

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Window is unable to connect to a wireless network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I to network connect Unable network wireless to addressaddress acquiring am hoping that someone can help me We have three computers at home two which are connected to router and working fine and my laptop My laptop was connecting to my home wireless network until my daughter used it last Now it will not connect at all I used to have to follow the steps below for some reason and then it would connect fine Wireless network connections Change advanced settings Wireless Networks tab I would have to tick the checkbox USE WINDOWS TO CONFIGURE MY WIRELESS NETWORK SETTINGS Then into properties for my wireless Unable to connect to wireless network acquiring network addressaddress network and in association retype my password and then it would connect it seemed like to Unable to connect to wireless network acquiring network addressaddress much work every time but it still worked There was other networks in the list Unable to connect to wireless network acquiring network addressaddress which i deleted and wireless network connection shows that the network connection strength is excellent but it just seems to get stuck aquiring the network address I have tried repair etc Can someone please help me with this as maybe it s just something simple nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

Just started having problems connection to any network or internet. Have new lappy that was working great until today. I am going out of town for a while and I was setting up my Slingbox. Somewhere along the line, I lost ANY connections, even to the router.

Have tried 3 different restore points. Can connect with wire to the router & get internet.

HP, 64 bit.

Any ideas?

A:Unable to connect to ANY wireless network

have you installed any software with fake networking such as virtual box recently? also, have you fiddled with the wireless network adapter settings? I did so and it messed up all connections :/
also, may sound like a dumb quetion, but have you accidentally flicked a wireless switch or pressed a button on the laptop that turns it off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/156078-unable-connect-any-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Thanx in advance to any help cause I'm sorta baffled.

Ok, I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 running WinXP that I just recently reformatted. I have a Linksys Wireless-G Notebook adapter (WPC54G ver.3) that I installed. XP picks it up and sees my wireless network(along with my neighbors) but I can't connect. I put in the correct key and it still doesn't connect.

How I got to where I am now:

The guy who own's this laptop had spilled on it. I cleaned it out thoroughly and it was working fine for him for a few months. Then the screen started flickering and typing anything wasn't working right.

Any ideas?

Let me know if you need anymore info.

-Chris

Relevancy 76.11%

hey guys i'm not able to connect to my wireless network. the computer detects the network but says that network maybe longer in range

A:unable to connect to wireless network

would you post back an xirrus screen and also indicate which wireless is yours
Make and model of your router
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network.952954/
Relevancy 76.11%

After recently resetting my laptop when I click to connect to either of the two ports available and entering my password, it says 'wait whilst connecting' then after a minute it goes back to show the two ports available?

A:unable to connect to wireless network

what do you mean by

two ports ?

whats the make and model of the PC
what windows version

can you post an xirrus and ipconfig /all

ipconfig /all

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
( the site now appears to require a business email, and does not allow webbased emails like gmail,hotmail or yahoo etc )

Use the links below

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network.1117958/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello Recently I came Unable a to network connect wireless to across a connection problem with my PC I have one HP compaq with all the specifications as stated below System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name PRINCESIONG-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model Presario V Notebook PC BIOS Ver PARTTBL Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM Unable to connect to a wireless network DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode Right now I am living in a school hostel and they provide us with a wireless connection No problem with the password because we got it from the school But when I was trying to connect to the wireless network it stated that window can t connect to the network I tried to solve the problem by running some diagnostics but it was useless After typing ipconf all in the command prompt window i got the following things Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users PrInCe SiOnG gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name PrInCeSiOnG-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media Unable to connect to a wireless network disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - - - - A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - E- -DE- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - D- - F-F - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D FE D- C - E - E- A A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface B DFFA -BDED- D-B - E D C D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DF FD F-D AF- A -BCD -C AA EA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C-F - A -A BA-CA DE E BCD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users PrInCe SiOnG gt Please help me solve this problem if someone knows where it comes from Thanks for your time nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

My son's laptop suddenly stopped being able to connect to the internet via wireless. I can see it okay but just unable to connect. I've checked the drivers and they are up to date. It shows on my network when wired and I've checked with the virus software and I can see no reason for it to be blocked.

Can you help?

Tracey

Relevancy 76.11%

Have a brand new pavailion quad cord windows 7 home premium 64bit. i also purchased a usb wireless adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ss_T15_product

this adapter was working fine for a few hours. the internet connection is cable, the adapter gets about two bars of connectivity, and now when i try to connect to network i get unable to connect to network. i have removed the wirless network, have added it back, entered the security key and nothing. i have a netgear wireless router. not sure what the deal is. i have made sure the power settings on the adapter are off, and this adapter doesnt seem to have the sleep mode option on it. windows 7 also found the drivers automatically. the machine is brand new, other machines/devices on in the house get to the internet just fine.

A:Unable to connect to wireless network

Quote: Originally Posted by duhaas

Have a brand new pavailion quad cord windows 7 home premium 64bit. i also purchased a usb wireless adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ss_T15_product

this adapter was working fine for a few hours. the internet connection is cable, the adapter gets about two bars of connectivity, and now when i try to connect to network i get unable to connect to network. i have removed the wirless network, have added it back, entered the security key and nothing. i have a netgear wireless router. not sure what the deal is. i have made sure the power settings on the adapter are off, and this adapter doesnt seem to have the sleep mode option on it. windows 7 also found the drivers automatically. the machine is brand new, other machines/devices on in the house get to the internet just fine.

Hi and welcome

Im assuming you are using Homegroup for networking.

Lets take a look at device manager by typing device manager in search. go to the wif tab and look to see if your card listed listed. Is it? does it have a yellow triangle on it?

Are there any "unknown" devices with yellow on them?

Let us know

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/39149-unable-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I bought a computer yesterday and am currently unable to connect to my wireless network. The network is a shared wireless network, WEP network key and i'm using a Netcomm Np 7040 usb lan adapter. When I open wireless connections the wireless network is visible and when I try to connect it gives me the error message "windows is unable to connect to the selected wireless network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks, and try to connect again." I have already googled the problem and one bit of advise was to add the network in the advanced settings and include the network key in that. I did that and it is still coming up with the message. The usb adapter works on all the other computers when connecting to the network so I doubt its that. Any ideas?

Relevancy 76.11%

Hey everyone,

I've suddenly been unable to connect to my wireless network and this is the sequence of events leading to the problem. (Currently using a friend's computer). My chrome browser got hijacked by the search conduit virus. So, I cleaned it with AdW cleaner. My internet connection was ok then. After that, I ran ccleaner and cleared the registry.
Now, I find that I have trouble even connecting to my wireless - it says limited connectivity or no connectivity. The other comp's in my house can connect to the internet fine. I've checked and resetted my network adapter. It is working, but still can't connect. I restored all my registry but still it doesn't solve the problem.What have I done wrong?

I hope someone can give me a hand with this problem. It would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Leon

Relevancy 76.11%

I have a Dell Demension L733r with a Linksys Compact Wireless-G USB Adaptor. When I start the computer, it connects to the wireless network immediately. As I go through the day, all of a sudden I start getting "Unable to Connect to Wireless Network". I click on the popup and then click on repair. It goes through it's procedures and eventually reconnects the network. Sometimes it says "Connection Very Good" other times "Low" or even "Very Low". Several minutes later, it will do the same thing again and I go through the same procedure again. This might happen several more times then it will be okay. There are days where it never happens at all and then there are days where it happens every 10 minutes or so. It also seems to happen more at night for some reason. How can I eliminate this problem?

A:Unable to Connect to Wireless Network

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool. Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.
Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network.1045796/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I have broadband connection and was connecting to the internet using the wireless network. All of a sudden I am unable to connect to it. On the control panel "Manage wireless network" I can view my network but not in the network sharing centre.

Do you have other devices that can connect to your wireless ??

try this
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx ( the site now appears to require a business email, so try the direct link below)
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres alternative links

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot
&... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network.1114074/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi, i recently bought a usb wireless wifi connector & successfully installed the drivers. The problem is that whenever I click on a network to connect an error pops up saying 'Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range.Please refresh the list of available networks, and try again.'
Plz help me to solve this problem.
Currently i am running Windows xp sp 2 on my desktop.

Why not SP3? Some networking devices will not work properly w/o SP3.

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network.1159486/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have an Acer IconiaTab W500 with Windows 8 developer preview installed on it and I cannot get it to connect to my Cisco 1142 APs. I have a Guest network that is for b/g speeds only and requires [WPA2][Auth(PSK)]. I type the password in and Windows comes back and says something is wrong with the adapter or the access point.

I have taken the tablet over to StarBucks and was able to connect to their wireless network easily.

Of course Acer is no help. Since it came with Windows 7, that is the only support they can offer.

I have an Atheros AR9002WB-1NG wireless adapter. I have tried to install the Win7 drivers and it will not allow the installation to run. I can see all the wireless SSID around me, including my Guest network.

I have disabled the MS Kernal Debug Netwrok Adapter. I left the MS Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter enabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Switch off your router, leave it for 10mins or something, try connecting again. First try without the Athros adapter.
EDIT: You could also try a different DNS server as well.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/2580-unable-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I am using Backtrack3 on my laptop and cannot connect to the wireless network. I tried using wireless assistant, but it kept issuing an error message: "connection failed." Its signal is pretty good, and I can connect to this network without any problems in Windows environment...
So how can I fix this problem?

P.S. I had also made sure that the interface was up.

A:Unable to connect to the wireless network on BT3

anyone please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-the-wireless-network-on-bt3.853109/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all I m new to this forum so please forgive me if this question has been asked and answered before-i m not quot techy quot so I don t really know all the correct terms to do a search wireless network Unable to connect to by I have a quot new to me quot laptop Its a Dell Inspirion I am unable to log on to the wireless network I see that there s an excellent connection and my computer is telling me that I am connected but when I try to access the internet via Chrome I get nada I get a message telling me that the DNS look up failed I m using Windows XP have Norton Internet Security and am using the Wise Registry Cleaner it was acting funky before I downloaded the registry cleaner Is there anything else I need to include I know Unable to connect to wireless network the computer s old but I never had a problem accessing the internet before Thanks in advance Stacey nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

Can anyone help with the following problem please I am unable to connect to a wireless network I have an Acer Aspire with an Atheros AR EG wireless adapter This shows as quot working correctly quot in Device Manager I have tried to re-install drivers for it endlessly They all seem to install ok but I still have the connect to network to Unable wireless problem The symtoms are If Unable to connect to wireless network I try to setup a wireless connection I get quot An unexpected error occured quot There are no useful looking messages in Event Unable to connect to wireless network Viewer If I use quot Diagnose and repair quot I get quot The network adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related issues quot I have uninstalled just about anything that I think might be causing conflicts I have scanned for malware I have run chkdsk and sfc I have all the latest updates from Windows Update I have tried in Safe Mode with Networking but still get the same results OS is Vista Home Basic -bit SP I'd be grateful for any advice that might help to resolve this please

Hi,

Try the drivers from the Acer website: -

http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_5315.html

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/290846-unable-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi All,

My friend has Windows Vista and a couple of days ago he was unable to connect to a wireless network.

He has a HP laptop. The "Blue wireless light" comes on (at the front of the PC). Windows can't start the wireless service and the HP connects to the broadcom wifi thing but doesn't find any networks.

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Unable to connect to a wireless network

I am also trying to create a "Recovery CD" from the HP built in CD creator. However, the Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-851S ATA Device (in Device Manager) has an exclamation mark right next to it.. meaning it will not work!

I have tried "uninstalling" and "reinstalling" but with no luck. I think that if I could create these CDs, I could recover the system and get the internet working again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-connect-to-a-wireless-network-316721.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello all,

I have recently formatted my laptop because it didn't work properly anymore.
Now that it's working again, I find myself unable to connect to my wireless network.
I believe I should only have to enter my SSID code and network key while trying to access my connection.
This doesn't work.
When I try to repair the connection it hangs at connecting to wireless network.
Anybody have an idea what's wrong?

Thanks in advance

Did you install the wireless adapter drivers?
Look in device manager to see if there are any Yellow Marks indicating missing drivers.
You should be able to get your drivers from the maker of the laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network.142758/
Relevancy 76.11%

Good day!So, this laptop always connected to a LAN cable, and we've rarely brought it away. We're rarely connected to the internet via wireless router, since I don't bring it much. In instances like that 2 years ago, we can connect it seamlessly. But lately, I've been bringing it to school, and it cannot connect by wifi to any router or hotspot.I tried the suggestions from HP Support, like the modifications done in device manager, installing an updated driver for the wireless adapter, restoring the BIOS to its default setup, and others. Still, I can't connect to the wireless networks.Any suggestions?PS: The wireless network adapter in this laptop is a 'Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-connect-Wireless-Network/td-p/5631210
Relevancy 76.11%

I have an HP Pavilion Laptop that I cannot get to connect to my wireless network It used to connect Unable to network!!! connect to wireless my with no problem at all Just all of a sudden it quit connecting And if it does connect to the network it says that the network amp has limited or no connectivity amp The IP address which I get when this happens is a amp number I have never had problems connecting before amp THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING The laptop recognizes that the network is in range and receives the strongest signal so I don amp t think it is a problem with the router I have even reset the router settings just to try and fix Unable to connect to my wireless network!!! the problem Also tried disabling the security settings amp still won amp t connect When I do ipconfig all this is what it says Windows IP Configuration Host Name amp amp amp amp amp amp amp Amber Primary Dns Suffix amp amp amp amp Node Type amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp Hybrid IP Routing Enabled amp amp amp amp No WINS Proxy Enabled amp amp amp No Ethernet adapter Wireless network connection Media State amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp Media Disconnected Description amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp Broadcom b g WLAN Physica Address amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp - -A -A - -C The laptop has Windows XP on it and I use a Belkin Router I have never had problems connecting before amp THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING Please HELP This is problem something stupid and simple but I can t figure it out Any help would be appreciated Ok so after I posted this I brought my laptop into the same room as the router and it connected to the network Does this mean that it is just a problem with my router Here are the IPconfig all settings while I am connected Windows IP Configuration Host Name amp amp amp amp amp amp amp Amber Primary Dns Suffix amp amp amp amp Node Type amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp Hybrid IP Routing Enabled amp amp amp amp No WINS Proxy Enabled amp amp amp No Ethernet adapter Wireless network connection connection-specific DNS suffix Belkin Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - -A -A - -C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease obtained Thursday September PM Lease expires Monday January PM As soon as I leave the room with the router I lose the connection nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

I have to network. Unable connect to wireless a laptop that detects my unsecured wireless network but it is unable to connect to it There is a button for the internal Broadcom card which I have made sure to enable The signal strength shows as excellent but this is what ipconfig all reports Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents Unable to connect to wireless network. and Settings Luke Thomas gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name sk pc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - -D - - -BB Ethernet Unable to connect to wireless network. adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - -A -A -A -CE I m trying to connect to a Westell Versalink DSL Modem W Any help would be appreciated as I have been struggling with this problem for a while now and have not been able to find Unable to connect to wireless network. a solution Russ nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

Hey guys So here s the thing I m in a pretty big hurry because I really need wireless connect to (urgent) to Unable network to do a very important thing but there s something blocking me from doing it First off my computer is running windows bit my router s model is zyxel i m too lazy to check the Unable to connect to wireless network (urgent) whole name of the router but if needed i ll do it and my network adapter model is writen in the message So couple of years ago I came from another city to this new one and since then the computer I ve always had just started to have some weird issues connecting to the internet everytime I wanted to prolerly get access to the internet I had to reboot the router twice Unable to connect to wireless network (urgent) for some reason otherwise it wouldn t work a few weeks ago though that stopped working somehow LOL so after hours of investigating just playing with some of the configurations being careful with what I did obviously I switched back settings that didn t do anything special and I noticed that the only thiing that worked was that troubleshooting option you get on windows when you click the network thing down there it just seemed to restart the network adapter and somehow the internet connected now today it all went nuclear on me and what a day for that to happen everything that has previously worked before doesn t work anymore for starters in the beginning of the day it seemed as if the computer couldn t detect the network adapter any longer so I took a break and I opened up the computer and just cleaned it up you know just unplugged everything to see if it was just something that could simply be solved after that the computer started to detect the network adapter normally but it is still unable to connect to the internet IMPORTANT THINGS YOU HAVE TO KEEP IN MIND I m pretty sure this isn t a problem from the router of anything else as I m connected to the same network from a laptop and it works perfectly fine The model of my adapter according to the device manager since I was a kid when my brother got this computer and costumized it himself even though ttthe computer works perfectly fine and is in my opinion a great quality computer a Sitecom Wireless Network PCI Adapter G WL- I tried updating the drivers but I couldn t find anything useful maybe it s just my ignorance though Everything else is perfectly fine I can connect from this laptop just well without any issues it s just the other computer that doesn t seem to work my brother insists it s not the network adapter that s broken because he thinks I must have installed something that might just have messed up with some settings or with some drivers anyway i m in pretty deep crap here please help me out I really didn t want to waste alot of money getting a new network adapter card but if it is what I need then i ll do it if you have anything else to ask me feel free to do it nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

Hey folks As of yesterday I have not been able to get my wireless card on my Windows x desktop to work When it normally gives me connectivity issues I simply do a quick uninstall reinstall and it worked fine However after uninstalling it last Suddenly To to Unable Wireless Network Connect My night I could not get it to install correctly I tried to set it up using the installation process cd it came with however that never got past the quot Detecting USB Card quot stage as even with the card plugged in to various ports To compound the problem even after telling Windows to uninstall the card and remove the Suddenly Unable to Connect To My Wireless Network drivers it would instantly reinstall the card s drivers when I plugged it in despite still not showing up on the installer The wireless card a Cisco AE would show up in Suddenly Unable to Connect To My Wireless Network device manager and in network adapters it would show up but was disabled and enabling wouldn t work as in it would Suddenly Unable to Connect To My Wireless Network stay disabled Running a troubleshoot on it just came up with quot There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection Adapter quot Not sure if it was a problem with the card or something worse I popped across to Bestbuy and grabbed anther card to see if it would work a D-Link N I ran the installer for that plugged in the new card it detected and installed the drivers But I still can t connect to my home network as I just get quot No connections are available quot and still get the quot might be a problem with the driver quot bit However the card does at least appear as enabled in networking I m not sure what to try now I know it s not the router because the rest of my connections are working including the laptop I m writing this from I should add that even when the wireless card is connected and quot installed quot as well as enabled it doesn t show up at all in ipconfig nbsp

A:Suddenly Unable to Connect To My Wireless Network

Now that my CHKDSK is done, here's the sysinfo:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8159 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 149997 MB, Free - 56808 MB; F: Total - 803860 MB, Free - 16559 MB; G: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 60537 MB; H: Total - 1048575 MB, Free - 27582 MB; I: Total - 476929 MB, Free - 32932 MB; J: Total - 859149 MB, Free - 612033 MB; K: Total - 2861575 MB, Free - 2024222 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P8P67
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suddenly-unable-to-connect-to-my-wireless-network.1146338/
Relevancy 75.25%

Laptop Vaio
Model No VPCEG3AEN

Error : The Diagnostics Policy service is not running properly

I have read all the comments for the same problem. Tried Farhansir suggestions and other things. its still not resolved..

can anyone please help

A:Unable to connect to network both wireless and Broadband

Welcome aboard.

Try using System Restore to roll back Windows to a point in time when your computer was functioning correctly. Doing so does NOT affect your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos. Video: Fixing a problem using System Restore

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-connect-to-network-both-wireless-and-broadband-878353.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi, i am unable to connect to wireless network in my office. the configuration and all worked out just fine and i was able to connect unsecured, however when we put a key on there, i am unable to connect. i am even able to connect to my neighbour's unsecured network and i can connect to our wireless router via ethernet cable. i sure hope you can help me. thanks.

Relevancy 75.25%

Hi

My laptop is infected with spyware. I am not even able to connect to the wireless network. without internet connection, I am not even able to do a HijackThisLog. Plzz help me!

A:Spyware And Unable To Connect To Wireless Network

If you do not have the program, HijackThis in your machine, you would have to download it using another computer. Save it onto a floppy/cd & transfer it to the infected machine.

Obtain the log & post it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/spyware-and-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network-89154.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I've spent a lot of time looking for the answer here, I'm really hoping someone here can help. After a recent trip, I came home and was unable to wirelessly connect to my secure home network.

I can connect to it secure and wired as well as unsecured and wireless, but not secured and wireless. I have done malware scans and checked for driver updates for both my netowrking card and the Linksys WRT54G router firmware...both are good. All of the other systems in the house can wirelessly connect to it while secured, so I've narrowed it down to clearly being a problem with my computer. Any ideas? I am using Vista Home Premium 64 bit on an ASUS G50VT.

Please help!

Relevancy 75.25%

Alright I have had three tech support specialist from Bell remote assist me and all of them including one quot Level quot specialist whom I was on the phone with while he was remote assissting me could not figure out the problem Anyway I am using the Belkin N Wireless USB Adapter Model F D Version to connect to the wireless network I m using my Desktop computer which has Windows Ultimate -bit The router modem is the wire from Bell I have uninstalled the adapter s software and removed the drivers re-installed the software inserted the router and installed the driver and nothing I have also tried changing the wireless channel in the wire s settings stop and restart the DHCP My Internet connection is set to automaticly obtain IP addresses I believe it is due to the fact that there is a number after Windows to Name] connect Network to [Wireless was unable the wireless connection name Wireless Network Connection If there is anymore information needed please let me know Thanks for all the help nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

I'm having some trouble connecting my desktop to my wireless router. Whenever I try to connect to my own network the desktop just says connecting for a while then does nothing.

The desktop is using a Belkin F5D7000 v1 wireless adapter and is running Windows XP SP3.

The router is a Linksys WRT54G2.

Both have the most recent firmware/driver updates, though the latest driver for the wireless adapter is about 6 years old.

I have tried disabling all the network security options and still cannot connect.

I've also been able to successfully connect to my network with a laptop, as well as connect to nearby wireless networks with the desktop.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice please let me know.

Relevancy 75.25%

I'm unable to connect a Compaq TC1000 via the 802.11b WLAN Mini PCI Card. I'm using a Linksys WRK54G router with my desktop wired, Gateway 2728 Tablet PC Wireless, but unable to connect the TC1000 wireless. (Note: I can connect the TC1000 wired.)

I'm using WPA and it appears that the Compaq 802.11b WLAN Mini PCI Card does not support WPA. Is there an update or work-around? I could switch back to WEP, but I would prefer using the WPA settings.

Can anyone assist me with this problem.

Relevancy 75.25%

Hello I have network to to Unable Home connect wireless Verizon FIOS modem router Have a PC connected to it via hardline works fine the laptop cannot connect wireless to it The Laptop was able to connect to other wireless networks When Unable to connect to wireless Home network I try to connect to home it Unable to connect to wireless Home network says quot limited or no connectivity quot When I connected to a router port with cable but it worked fine when I disconnected So it seems to me that it is having trouble with acquiring ip When I chose quot repair quot it tried renewing ip and got ip address instead of the usual x and could not connect I tried giving it a static ip but it did not work Also I tried changing the channel once did not Unable to connect to wireless Home network work And I disable the XP firewall I am wondering if perhaps changing the ip addresses on the router itself may fix the issue perhaps in the x range perhaps with multiple open networks in the area there is some kind of mixup Any help would be greatly appreciated I have tried with another laptop sitting outside the house and it went online and acquired ip correctly Thanks Marlon nbsp

A:Unable to connect to wireless Home network

depazm said:

Hello,

I have Verizon FIOS modem/router. Have a PC connected to it via hardline, works fine, the laptop cannot connect wireless to it. The Laptop was able to connect to other wireless networks. When I try to connect to home, it says "limited or no connectivity". When I connected to a router port with cable, but it worked fine when I disconnected. So it seems to me that it is having trouble with acquiring ip. When I chose "repair", it tried renewing ip and got 169 ip address instead of the usual 192.168.1.x. and could not connect. I tried giving it a static ip, but it did not work. Also, I tried changing the channel once, did not work. And I disable the XP firewall. I am wondering if perhaps changing the ip addresses on the router itself may fix the issue (perhaps in the 192.168.10.x range), perhaps with multiple open networks in the area, there is some kind of mixup. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried with another laptop sitting outside the house, and it went online and acquired ip correctly.

Thanks,
MarlonClick to expand...

Mine did the same thing this afternoon, I typed in the WPA/WEP key again and it worked.
I did try the one I created a while back but didn't work, then I used the one that was written on my modem/router and worked 100%.

Hope it helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-home-network.701404/
Relevancy 75.25%

"... The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks and try again."

I was given an old pc (Dell Optiplex 320) which had been used where I work. I did not reformat, but reinstalled XP Pro from the supplied Dell reinstallation disc. I have installed drivers for the graphics card and for the wireless adapter. I am unable to connect wirelessly at home or at work. I do have the network key for the workplace router, but can't get to the point where I need to enter it. I tried to connect to my smartphone's wifi hotspot, to no avail. I'm sure this is a simple fix, however my skills are spotty at best.

A:"Windows is unable to connect to the wireless network."

If these are the specs for the computer you have :-  http://www.northwoodcomputer.com/Flyers/opti_320techspecs.pdf

Then, as built by Dell, it doesn't contain a wireless card !  It is of course always possible that one was fitted later. If you are certain you (1) have a wireless card, (2) have identified it correctly, and (3) have managed to find and install the drivers for it, the possibility remains that the card may be faulty. Experience shows that wireless cards can fail, and in some very non-obvious ways !

It might be worth your while trying a USB wi-fi dongle if only to check that the problem is or is not with your card. I have used one in my own computer since the day we went wireless - see picture - and is mounted in a magnetic mounted clip as far forward on the casing as it will go with a short extension cable to the back panel.

http://imageshack.com/a/img577/9316/v3k4.jpg

If you cannot borrow one, they are not expensive. That is why I bought one in the first place, it was cheaper than an internal card. But it will tell you if a wi-fi signal is reaching your computer and whether or not you can connect. If you can connect with a dongle, then your wireless card is probably deceased.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527542/windows-is-unable-to-connect-to-the-wireless-network/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi all,
i have some problem with my wireless connectivity,
When i try to connect to a wireless network, it keep saying "Unable to Connect to X" (let's assume the network name is X)

When using network troubleshooter,
it recommend me to turn off the router, keep it for 10 secs, and turn it back on,
i've done so, but the problem still there
and then the troubleshooter say there're some problem on the access point or the network adapter (Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN)

but it seems no problem with other networks and all laptops except this S57B works fine..

and the strangest of all is: somtimes it works fine, and sometimes disconnected + unable to connect.

What possibly causing the problem?

Additional Info:
BenQ Joybook S57B
Network Security Type is WEP

Thx in advance

A:Win 7 unable to connect to wireless network(router)

I have had trouble adding a separate cisco switch and a wireless router onto the comcast cable router. I have the phone and internet. After running a PING test I saw the speed was significantly slowed down by 1/4 due to the netgear wireless router. So I unplugged that and bought a non-wireless cisco router that did not slow the speed down. Now I need a wireless router as my wife bought a Ipodtouch. Don't waist your money on one of these, get the real ipod phone! Just a note! These are worthless if you can't get online! Only good for photo's, Music, and videos downloaded onto it. Back to the wireless network problem. The main router needs to have multiple ports or the DNS will not work. I am guessing you are running more then 1 router inline.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/112212-win-7-unable-connect-wireless-network-router.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I have an Acer Aspire Z that is running Windows Vista Solved: any connect network Unable wireless to to with an Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter The Windows installation is a brand new clean install with all drivers on the computer being the latest and greatest from their respective manufacturers Now for my problem I Solved: Unable to connect to any wireless network am unable to connect Solved: Unable to connect to any wireless network to any wireless network using either the onboard wireless network card or an external USB wireless network adapter When I scan for wireless networks my cpu will see them I can then select whichever network I want to try and connect to but when I click the connect button it never takes me to the authentication screen to input the WEP key I have tried to manually enter the WEP and configure the network but then when I try to connect to the network it still tells me that Windows is unable to connect to the network It gives me the option to diagnose connection or connect to another network but when I try diagnosing the connection it scans for a split second then it only gives me an option to go view available wireless networks It is like my computer has lost the ability to authenticate a network connection Has anyone ran across this problem before and do you know a fix I m looking for any ideas you can give me here as my daughter starts college in a couple of weeks and she really needs this computer Please help me if you can nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to connect to any wireless network

there is an issue with vista and that adapter - see below

Just try with the internal adapter and the suggestions below - if they don't work - we can come back to the usb adapter and diagnose further

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007
Over the last couple of years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

Please post a reply here , and keep us informed of the situation and how you finally resolved the issue.

To install the driver you will need to do the following

Extract the downloaded zip file into a folder on the PC
then

For Vista;
> Start Globe
> Control Panel
> System and maintenance
> Scroll down to Device manager
> network adaptors, click on the + >
> Right click on the AR5007(EG) Adapter
> click on Update Driver Software...
> click on Browse my computer for driver software
> click on the Button Browse...
> Locate the folder you extracted the downloaded zip file to
> Next
Click OK and Windows will install the driver for you.

-------------... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-any-wireless-network.1065213/
Relevancy 75.25%

I m new to this site I m also a beginner when it comes to connections and stuff I have a network to Solved: wireless to Unable connect desktop and laptop that I ve connected to a wireless network in my home I picked up an olderlaptop and have not been able to connect to my wireless network All I Solved: Unable to connect to wireless network need for this laptop is to edit and upload pictures to snapfish My son brought over a wireless USB adaptor and couldn t get that to work either The laptop is an HP using windows XP Home editions version service pack Pentium R CPU GHz In the device manager the network adaptors are net adapter and realtek rtl family PCI fast ethernet nic Neither one has a red x Under other devices still in device manager base system device hp integrated bluetooth module multimedia audio controller network controller pci modem sm bus controller video controller VGA Compatible all have yellow question marks It s also missing the wireless icon There is a message Local area connection a network cable is unplugged I can connect to the internet with a cable connection Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings User gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name unknown-b c Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethe rnet NIC Physical Address - F-B - A-AF- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday October P M Lease Expires Sunday October PM C Documents and Settings User gt CURRENTLY INSTALLED PROGRAMS HP INTEGRATED WIRELESS LAN W -W DRIVER TL-WN N TL-WN N DRIVER Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard C Antivirus None Please let me know if I need to provide any more information Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to connect to wireless network

Usually the guys like to have make and model of the computer, copies of the ipconfig /all and screenshots of the expanded Device Manager.

Hopefully the problems are just corrupted or wrong drivers.
First thing would be to go to HP support and see if you can download the drivers for the hardware that shows the yellow ?. From your list, you probably need to do at least Chipset, Wireless, Video and Audio drivers

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html

3 ways to find the drivers.
Enter the product name/number and search
Download and install the HP ID tool
Search by product catagory, type, name

Also, updating to XP SP3 would make things work better,
SP2 doesn't work with WPA2 unless it has patch KB 893357 installed.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=1974

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network.1074367/
Relevancy 75.25%

I recently bought a new Acer laptop with Vista Premium on it. My work has wireless internet at the office using WPA-PSK. I tried to manually add it to my list of wireless networks but there was no option for WPA-PSK. I tried WPA personal with TKIP as well as AES. It says that it has been successfully added but when I try to connect it the network isn't listed as available. I've tried all kinds of stuff. Please help!!!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/120807/unable-to-manually-connect-to-a-wireless-network-with-wpa-psk/
Relevancy 75.25%

Well I was uploading some videos on Youtube on my laptop when the wireless connection just went off on its own It could still detect my home wireless network but when I try to connect to it from the list of available unable network wireless to to Laptop connect networks it just stops halfway while trying to connect and refreshes the list again When I tried right-clicking and the connection icon on the taskbar and choose repair I always end up with quot Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following could not be completed Connecting to the wireless network quot I don t think it has anything to do with the settings in the laptop because I get the same thing when I restored my C-drive to how it was months ago using a back-up The house computer that uses the local area connection can still connect to the internet but I m not sure whether any settings were changed here that would affect my laptop I can t really restore the stuff here too to before my problem coz there s s lot of my dad s stuff are in here So is my problem because of something to do with the settings or did something in Laptop unable to connect to wireless network my laptop got spoilt nbsp

A:Laptop unable to connect to wireless network

I assume you've already tried rebooting the laptop. Next step would be to shut down all computers; unplug the router; plug in the router; boot computers. If still a problem please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

IPCONFIG /ALL

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network.858328/
Relevancy 75.25%

After doing a clean install of Win XP Pro on a friends laptop I am having the following issues connecting to his secured wireless connection An Apple Macbook in the family has no issues connecting wirelessly After selecting his wireless network and entering in the password when I had the settings set to quot Obtain an connect Unable to wireless to home network IP Address automatically quot in TCP IP Properties it kept on attempting to acquire the address When I selected quot Use Unable to connect to home wireless network the following IP address quot and entered in Unable to connect to home wireless network the IP Address Subnet Mask and Default Gateway it told me I was connected but I still was not able to view web sites either through IE or Firefox I had the quot Preferred DNS Server quot and quot Alternate DNS server quot fields empty I will attempt to use as the quot Preferred DNS Server quot and as the quot Alternate DNS server quot If that doesn t work could the supplied password be incorrect Are the DNS Server addresses I will use pretty standard What would prevent me from using the quot Obtain an IP Address automatically quot option to connect successfully When I tried to access the settings of the Unable to connect to home wireless network Linksys G router I did not have the correct user name and maybe password also I hope my friend knows the correct user name to modify the settings of the Linksys router Thank you for your expertise and time nbsp

A:Unable to connect to home wireless network

Try to connect without encryption first. A router reset to factory default settings will allow you to login!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-home-wireless-network.606004/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a laptop from work that I use at home and I have able to access the internet at home using my secured wireless network. The techs at work had to remove all information on the laptop recently and reload it.

Since the laptop information was relaoded I have been unable to access my secured wireless network using the password, but I can access my neighbors wireless unsecured network. My daughter also uses my wireless network and has had no problems accessing the network.

Can you help me?

Relevancy 75.25%

I use Windows XP. I am able to connect to the internet through LAN. But its not working with Wireless. It shows Acquiring Network Address..but does not get connected. The wireless network connection status shows address type as Invalid IP Address. Can anyone pls help me in resolving this.

Thanks

Relevancy 75.25%

I have tried to follow those solved posts.  However I can't make any progress.
Eventually I have to unhide the network to connect it.
Having been able to connect to the hidden wireless network, I then hide the network again.  However the computer won't automatically connect to the hidden network again after the computer restarts until I unhide the network.  In this scenario, it
seems to perform much worse than Windows XP.

A:Unable to connect to hidden wireless network.

Hi,
Regarding current situation, I suggest we try to set up a new connection or network again by following these steps:
1. Select "Manually connect to a wireless network" and click or tap "Next.
2. Enter the security information for your network in the spaces provided. Please check on the option ?Connect
even if the network is not broadcasting.?
Note Be sure to enter the information exactly as it was set up on your wireless router to ensure the connection. Once the information is completed, click or tap "Next.
3. Provided you entered the information correctly, you?ll receive a notice of success.
Then, please make sure that you turn off the power-save on your network adapter:

Open Network and Sharing Center.Click the Change adapter settings link in the upper left of the navigation pane.Right click the network connection you want to enable/disable power management support on and click Properties .Click Configure .On the Power Management tab, clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.
Then, please check the issue again.
Hope these could be helpful and keep post.Regards,

Kate Li
We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/68e91b2d-53bc-445a-9c91-b6ace77c2022/unable-to-connect-to-hidden-wireless-network?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 75.25%

I'm on a Dell Inspiron 530 using an Intel 82562V-2 wireless adapter.

Ever since my PC fell asleep while I was updating to iOS 5.0 on my iPhone, I havent had wireless.

It's not acknowledging my network.
I think it's a "switch"... but have no clue where that would be.

Any thoughts/ideas on a fix?
I'm at a complete loss for ideas.

Thanks,
-JasJBB

Relevancy 75.25%

Hi all I m working on a laptop for a client today and have encountered an issue to ethernet Unable to connect wireless or network I haven t seen before Unable to connect to wireless network or ethernet It s an old Toshiba Satellite with XP SP The issue is that it is unable to get a network Unable to connect to wireless network or ethernet connection -- even when an ethernet cable is plugged in the network card still reports quot Network cable is unplugged quot and no wireless networks appear in the wireless networking list with Windows XP managing the wireless networking Occasionally repairing the wireless connection lets me at least see available networks but at that point I still can Unable to connect to wireless network or ethernet only connect to open networks and it never actually gets an IP address I ve run Spybot ComboFix and SDFix with no problems found I ve also used a couple shareware registry checkers and cleaned out some archaic invalid and corrupt entries No change Also confirmed all Toshiba drivers are up to date I ve disassembled and reassembled the laptop to confirm all connections are firm also solving a random shutdown problem caused by dust buildup around the heat sink One problem solved but still no progress on the networking issue I m suspecting a hardware problem due to some other issues random loss of USB periodic loss of trackpad and keyboard use at boot I d like to wipe the hard drive clean and reload everything from the original install media and document backups but the client is not open to that due to installed bootleg programs she d lose due to not having the original discs or license keys Any other ideas

A:Unable to connect to wireless network or ethernet

When someone asks for "help"....but then decides to tailor that request with ideas that impede attempts to determine/resolve "the problem"...I think it's time to punt and give the system back to them.If both the wireless and wired connections are dysfunctional, with no clues...I think it's logical to suspect hardware, especially so in terms of other problems revealed.Some users don't seem to realize...that those systems are warranteed for only a year...because they are not made with the intent of producing a system that will last the lifetime of the user.A clean install is about the only way that I know to truly get a fix on suspected hardware problems that don't involve RAM or hard drive. Especially so with a laptop, if one does not repair/troubleshoot system problems for a living (I don't).I would take a look in Event Viewer, just to ensure that there is nothing there that might help diagnose the situation.How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295242/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network-or-ethernet/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello All,
Can anybody help me in solving my problem. I just formatted my Dell Inspirion N5010 last week. Ever since then, I have not been able to connect to my office wireless network.

I was using this network before my system was formatted. one funny thing is that i can connect to other wireless network in range but find it difficult to connect to my office network. I always get limited network access while other people in the same office have access to the network.

Please what could be the problem?

Thank you

Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,
I am unable to connect to my wireless home network. All the other wireless networks work but not my home network. It just wont connect. Wont even give me the option to type in the password.
I have tried restarting both the laptop and the modem to no use. Also, I have reinstalled the wireless driver but to no use....Help?
EDIT: btw, I used to be able to connect to this network a few hours ago, my modem was acting strange so I reset it....and now this

A:unable to connect to wireless home network

Quote: Originally Posted by tilsid

Hi,
I am unable to connect to my wireless home network. All the other wireless networks work but not my home network. It just wont connect. Wont even give me the option to type in the password.
I have tried restarting both the laptop and the modem to no use. Also, I have reinstalled the wireless driver but to no use....Help?
EDIT: btw, I used to be able to connect to this network a few hours ago, my modem was acting strange so I reset it....and now this

How did you reset the modem? was it a reboot, or a full reset?? Try disabling encryption (turn off passwording)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/99562-unable-connect-wireless-home-network.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I have a desktop computer which is connected to the router by cable, but when this computer is on I can't connect to the wireless network with any other devices.

When I turn the main computer off though I can connect fine with any wireless device.

A:Unable to connect to wireless network when main computer is on

If one of those wireless devices is a computer running Windows please show the following for when it cannot connect and for when it can ...

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network-when-main-computer-is-on.1004481/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello, The problem is I can't connect to my router, It says "unable to connect to wireless network" . Been trying to 5 days now to fix this, Not getting anywhere.
Laptop is, HP Pavilion g6 Notebook, My network wireless adaptor is realtek rtl8188ce 802.11b/g/n.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz
RAM: 4.00GB
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Relevancy 74.39%

Hi- I have a CompUSA MIMO Wireless PCI Adapter the Driver that came with it was old and failed to install I found out that the card was actually a Ralink RT and downloaded the newest Drivers from the Ralink Website The Router I have work and other computers connect The Card detects the Wireless Networks but fails to connect I have removed all wireless security to see if that was the problem to Ralink Network Connect Wireless RT2661 Unable to but still no go I have tried using WZC from windows and the Ralink wireless manager and they both have the same problem discovering but not connecting to the network I downloaded NetStumbler and the AP kept dropping I reverted back to SP and now with NetStumbler I have a constant connection All Power management settings are set for the card to be on The Ralink Statistics tab is showing that I am receiving frames with CRC error I ve also tried both PCI slots to see if that was a problem but it is the same in Ralink RT2661 Unable to Connect to Wireless Network both I tried older driver versions but also no go nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

Okay, here's an odd one.

Machine 1: Desktop, Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2, firewall disabled, no a/v, fresh install
Machine 2: Notebook, Vista Home Basic 32-bit SP2, firewall disabled, no a/v, fresh install

fresh install = from OEM disc, not restore disc.

Machine 1 has files on it I want to share with machine 2, I can see my files on machine 1 from three XP machines, but not Machine 2, here's where it gets freaky, I plug Machine 2 into the network and disable the wifi, I can see the files. I go back on the wifi and I cannot ping machine 1 from machine 2, I cannot ping machine 2 from machine 1, I can ping machine 1 & 2 from three other XP-based machines regardless of being on wifi or not.

I'm stumped, here's the kicker, it's happening on another similar setup (vista 64bit sharing files and xp 32 bit & vista 32bit unable to connect, all over wifi, works with ethernet)

am I missing something here?

A:unable to connect to vista share over wireless network

I feel stupid now... I figured it out, somewhat, I have a workaround.

I have two netgear WPN824v2's (and another one at that other location), for some reason that's giving me a fit, out of curiosity I reconnected to a 3rd access point, which is a cheap gigabyte brand router that I set up for my mom's notebook and wii, all three use WPA encryption so I doubt its that, and all netgear routers have the latest firmware. Anyway I can connect to the files and print to the 64-bit machine with my 32-bit machine. I'm going to pick up another router and replace one of my WPN824s and see if that takes care of it although I'm going to play with the settings on my 824's to see if there's something I can do to fix it.

Also I was mistaken earlier, the XP notebook was connected to the Gigabyte wireless, not my netgear's, I just connected to the netgear AP's and its getting packet-blocked too.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/241703-unable-connect-vista-share-over-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Out of the blue one day my computer running Win decided it was going to stop connecting to my network Since then I ve tried a variety of things I ll outline below It s incredibly frustrating and I m at the limit of my knowledge around this and before taking it somewhere I m hopeful the community to to network tried wireless in things Need connect Unable help: various Win7; here can give me some guidance I m also not opposed to having to buy a new network card if that winds up being the ultimate solution Current situation Windows can see my wireless network as well as the others nearby However when connecting it is unable to establish a connection to it One oddity here is that it prompts me for the network password which I have not changed and even with putting that in it still can t connect Hardware Realtek RTL Wireless b g Mbps USB Network Adapter Also lists Need help: Unable to connect to wireless network in Win7; tried various things Marvell Yukon E PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller and a Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Need help: Unable to connect to wireless network in Win7; tried various things Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P B-Deluxe Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled What I have tried Standard rebooting of PC router and cable modem Re-setting the router and setting the network up a second time Going into IPconfig it tells me that all the media are disconnected when I try to either release or renew the IP Tried to update the driver but the Realtek site guidance is awful and I m not sure that I actually did anything Guidance here would probably be helpful At this point I m at a total loss as to what to do and I really need to get this back up and running sooner rather than later so any help guidance advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Need help: Unable to connect to wireless network in Win7; tried various things

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network-in-win7-tried-various-things.1048369/
Relevancy 74.39%

hi i am trying to connect to a network with my dell laptop win xp sp This is the first time ive tried connecting to this particular network but ive never had a problem connecting to other wireless networks I have an Intel Pro wireless card it picks up the network with a very strong signal but when i click to connect i get the error Windows is unable to connect to the selected network Network may no longer be in range Please refresh and try connect again Ive with laptop to to Solved: one network connect wireless unable refreshed and gone to services msc to restart the wireless zero config Its a secure network so i unsecured it as a test but i still get the above error The other laptop using this network can connect fine My ISP told me its my wireless Solved: unable to connect to wireless network with one laptop adaptor even tho it works fine on loads Solved: unable to connect to wireless network with one laptop of other networks - ive been travelling and used so many with no probs I called dell and they checked it out we updated the drivers also uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter Dell thinks its a s w conflict between the adapter and the router I had a spare linksys usb adapter which worked fine before so ive just disabled the intel pro and installed this instead still getting the same error message Just some info about the router we got it from the ISP they came and set it up Its a modem and wireless router in one the make is netopia My ISP still say its my computer thats the problem pointing to the fact that as the other laptop can connect this is proof that the modem works fine please help as im losing my mind trying to figure this out Sorry the story is so long just wanted to show the troubleshooting ive done so far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

Hello I have a problem It Unable connect network a to to wireless Solved: by internet is a period of time of some weeks since my laptop is unable to access the internet It succesfully connects to a wireless network I can see the name of it but after connecting my laptop is displaying quot Unidentified network quot below the network name Also I don t have Internet access In the task bar my wireless icon has an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle I have tried to connect with another laptop at a wireless network my laptop can t connect and it worked for the other laptop So the problem is with my laptop not with the network Can you help me My laptop is Acer Aspire Z My network wireless adaptors are Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter and Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter They work properly OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer JV Rev LXPAR C F Antivirus Kaspersky Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

Yesterday I moved into a new apartment in Vancouver Canada Several friends came up with me to help me move in My friends were able to connect to the wireless network However as soon as I tried connecting to the network the wireless signal began to appear and disappear rapidly for everyone connected effectively cutting off wireless access This problem only occurs when I sign on Furthermore if at new Computer to connect unable to wireless network apartment I start my computer in Safe Mode with network access enabled I am able to connect to the net without any Computer unable to connect to wireless network at new apartment problem My computer is a Lenovo S - running on Windows Starter -bit with the latest service pack I have so far tried the following solutions in no particular order Restarting computer Computer unable to connect to wireless network at new apartment Restarting Wireless Network Adapter Restarting Router Changing wireless network from home to public Disabling home groups Changing power saving settings according to knowledge base article You may experience connectivity issues or performance issues when you connect a mobile PC that is running Windows Vista or Windows to a wireless access point Uninstalling Lenovo's after market power management program Performing a system recovery Disabling Re-Enabling Firewall Anti-virus and Windows Update Scanning for Spyware This is the first time I have ever had this problem on any network Does anyone have any ideas

A:Computer unable to connect to wireless network at new apartment

P.S. My Network Adapter is an Atheros AR9285.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205988-computer-unable-connect-wireless-network-new-apartment.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I have lost the ability to connect to the internet with my desktop (Dell XPS 420). I have a Netgear WNDA USB adapter but it cannot find any networks. It is not the router because I have a laptop, iphone and tablet that can all connect. At first I could see the network but it was "bumped" by this Virtual Network and then it would not be able to connect. I found online an article describing the same problem so I followed their recommendations. I removed the Netgear software and reinstalled it from the CD but now it will not even bring up the control module to connect/find the networks. What's even stranger is that the computer will not connect with an ethernet cable either. Help!

A:unable to find wireless network/connect to internet

Try using System Restore to roll back Windows to a point in time when everything when your computer was functioning correctly. It allows you to undo system changes without affecting your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530104/unable-to-find-wireless-networkconnect-to-internet/
Relevancy 74.39%

unable to connect to preferred wireless network - windows xp

When I boot my laptop (Toshiba Salellite C600) ,It connects to the wireless connection automatically using the security key,,but after few minutes it disconnects displays an error (unable to connect to preferred wireless network) .and it doesn't even detect the wireless network after that.
But if I restart the laptop some times i get the wireless connection back / in some cases i use the following command (>netsh winsock reset catalog) in the command prompt and restart.

I also updated my XP with the service pack 3 and uninstalled the wireless network card and re-installed.,but it didnt help.

This happened after I expired my free version of Avast virus guard.I use AVG as my virus guard

But I still get this error on and on...please help

A:unable to connect to preferred wireless network windows xp

nuwanju...I'm not an expert on network cards, but, when the internet connection shuts down, does the network card still show up in Device Manager? Is there a yellow question mark or a red x there?

Maybe something is wrong with the motherboard connection to the network card. I was thinking maybe it could be overheating? Just an idea...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-preferred-wireless-network-windows-xp.1084090/
Relevancy 74.39%

My Gateway laptop is about 5 years old. I turned it on one morning and it said "Unable to connect to preferred wireless network." After messing around with it, checking connections, WEP key, & other settings it connected after a few minutes by itself. But then disconnected again. I am unsure what it could be. When looking at the settings and properties I dont really know what Im looking for. Please help. thank you.

Relevancy 74.39%

Hey there I recently set up a wireless network My friend in the same house running XP is able to connect using his laptop without difficulty with a less powerful signal The steps I ve taken are these I ve tried two operating systems Ubuntu and Windows XP two different wireless adaptors Dell M internal adaptor and Alfa USB Adaptor network wireless secure XP/Ubuntu connect 12.04 to to Unable which I get full bars on and tried a different Dell M laptop which I m also having issues with I ve also tried to diagnose the network with a tool but I m totally unable to connect to it so I m unable to get any more information If I try to connect to an unsecured network it works perfectly I m totally stumped about this due to the fact that I ve used two different operating systems two different adaptors and two different laptops albeit the same brand Any help would be very much appreciated at Unable to connect to secure wireless network XP/Ubuntu 12.04 this point nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

I just got a new laptop from the computer. It's a Dell 4300. MS XP Professional ver. 2002 is installed. Network adapters include 1394 Net Adapter, Intel(R) 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection and Intel(R) WiFI Link 5300 AGN. The laptop can connect to wireless network in the office, but not at home. It said, "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection. If you have enable another program to mage this wireless connection, use that software). If I connect the laptop to the router , it works. I have desktop goes wireless too, but there is no problem. I am using Linksys wireless G 2.4 GHz broadband router (my friend set up for me 2 years ago using fireware dd_wrt v24 rc-4). Anybody can help?

Relevancy 73.53%

Unable to connect to network with either a wireless or hardwire connection.

I do not use this computer very often. It is the one used by my kids to play "Club Penguin", etc.

I was away at scout camp with my oldest boy and when I got back, the internet did not work. It appears that several other "System" resources are not working either.

I did IPCONFIG /ALL and nothing is connected.

I tried to ping the router and got no response. "Transmit failed"

I tried to go to restore and that failed as well.

I went to the store and picked up a new usb wireless card and that did not work either. I feel confident that the issue is NOT the wireless card. I attached a screen shot of the IPCONFIG /ALL screen.

I am having a challenge to figure out how to fix this.

Please help.

A:Solved: Unable to connect to network with either a wireless or hardwire connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-network-with-either-a-wireless-or-hardwire-connection.1101993/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi everyone I tried my entire afternoon trying to figure this out but to no avail Fortunately I found this place out of my desperation for a solution My netbook works very well in my home network but when I brought it to my workplace I was unable to connect to wireless to network unable but connect to connected Solved: internet to the internet eventhough I could connect to the wireless network Other computers and Solved: connected to wireless network but unable to connect to internet laptops were able to connect and use the internet well using the same router I tried manually configuring my IP and default gateway based on what I Solved: connected to wireless network but unable to connect to internet read but nothing worked I hope that someone Solved: connected to wireless network but unable to connect to internet would be able to help me out with my issue Thanks in advance Here s my system config hoping this would help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Atom TM CPU N GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Antivirus Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: connected to wireless network but unable to connect to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-to-wireless-network-but-unable-to-connect-to-internet.1061395/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi I know that this question via but connects Unable connect network, to wireless Ethernet Solved: to has been asked a lot on here but unfortunately none of the solutions helped Solved: Unable to connect to wireless network, but connects via Ethernet fix my problem Last week I was using my laptop when suddenly it disconnected from the internet I tried fixing it the next day and even though there were full bars it wouldn t connect to the network I restarted my router multiple times and nothing So after a fit of anger and messing with different settings on my computer I pretty much gave up For some reason I was able to connect to the internet or times over the past week for about - minutes before it would disconnect me for the rest of the day So I m honestly so stumped I thought maybe it might have just been my router but I m at my dad s house now and I m not able to connect to his network either He tried helping me fix my laptop and thinks I might need to go ahead an order a new wireless adapter but neither of us are that well with computers networking I m hooked up via Ethernet cord which seems to be working fine but my wireless is only able to read and not actually connect On occasion it will actually connect to the internet but when it does I can t actually access the internet I ve tried uninstalling my wireless adapter disabling enabling it a bunch of weird commands that I don t even know what they do probably shouldn t have messed with those stopping restarting services etc Anyways thank you so much for your time I really appreciate it ipconfig all with Ethernet unplugged Host Name Taylorrr-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -D - - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - -B - C- - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C FDC- D- E -A D-C CCCD A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap Belkin Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to connect to wireless network, but connects via Ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network-but-connects-via-ethernet.1063833/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi guys I have already seen many threads with the same problem but none of the solutions worked for me I am unable to connect to my router Beetel TC via wireless network Even if I enter displayed strength to wireless signal connect network, Solved: Unable to full an incorrect security key no authentication error is displayed The wired connection works flawlessly and I can access router admin panel through wired connection Things I have tried Called up the Solved: Unable to connect to wireless network, full signal strength displayed ISP customer care They upgraded the router firmware did a hard reset and did all settings remotely This did not fix the problem and the executive reported that I have a faulty hardware I think my hardware is fine because the same problem exists with other smartphone devices and I can connect to college WiFi easily Changed wireless security authentication and SSID Tried a manual hard reset and firmware downgrade same problem persists with downgraded firmware and again upgrade Tried different operating systems Windows Windows Ubuntu Same problem exists with each of them I think the problem lies with my WiFi router because the ISP executive did all required settings remotely ipconfig all result Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Chirag-HP gt ipconfig Solved: Unable to connect to wireless network, full signal strength displayed all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Chirag Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Network Bridge Solved: Unable to connect to wireless network, full signal strength displayed Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Dri ver Physical Address AC- - - - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter Physical Address AC- - - - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address AC- - - - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - F- -B - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe db d b ccbb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - D- - - F- -B - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap E - - F- C- E CBDFD F D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c e d a e d Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e d a e d Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Router config http picpaste com im - xgPxsnq jpg http picpaste com im -HqSrSJfH jpg http picpaste com im -K oGngVK jpg http picpaste com im -vvIW pR jpg Guys Please help me nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to connect to wireless network, full signal strength displayed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network-full-signal-strength-displayed.1093151/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have Comcast cable internet in Atlanta and use a Motorola SB modem and a Linksys wireless router The wireless network has been up and running for over a year and I have never had any problems with it and I have never made any changes to it after the initial setup I connect network. to connection wireless Unable "Internet slow." too is to connect to the wireless network using two smart phones and an Apple laptop I live in an apartment so the signal strength is always high and I am Unable to connect to wireless network. "Internet connection is too slow." never more than one room away from Unable to connect to wireless network. "Internet connection is too slow." the wireless router It was working fine one night like always and then in the morning I was unable to connect to the wireless network I can still access the internet via wired ethernet cable so I know the internet is online and it is downloading at full speed I can access the internet via wired connection directly from the modem to the computer I can also access the internet via wired connection from the modem to the router to the computer Comcast shows no problems with the connection on their end I have purchased all new ethernet cables so I know the cables aren t the problem so I figured the wireless router might have a problem I bought a new wireless router Apple Airport Express and created a new wireless network I can see the network name is available and it has full signal strength with WPA encryption just like it had always been with the old router When I try to connect from my phone or laptop it will say quot Unable to obtain IP address quot and quot Network disabled because the internet connection is slow quot I can t connect to the wireless network from any of my devices but all of my devices are able to connect to any other wireless network This has been going on for about four days now The router is in an open area and is not near any other devices or cables other than what is required I am sure that the encryption type is correct and my password is correct My laptop shows that the internet connection from the modem is quot green quot and the Airport Express has created a wireless network that is quot green quot so everything is online I consider myself smarter than the average user so I have made sure that all the network settings are correct DHCP WPA encryption Process of elimination tells me that the only thing that could be the problem now is the modem Is there something I am missing Do I really need to try buying a new modem or could it be a problem with Comcast Why would it work fine for so long and now I can t connect to the wireless network from any device even after replacing the ethernet cables and the wireless router Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Unable to connect to wireless network. "Internet connection is too slow."

if the router is working with a cable connection, then its unlikely to be the modem , unless thats also a router and you are using it for DHCP

you say the modem is connected by cable to the router
and any device connected to the router by cable works perfectly - is that correct

on the old router - have you removed the wireless security and see if you can connect ?

carried out a full power cycle - see below

also it would be worth making a note of the router configuration and do a factory reset on the router and re setup and try again

with a PC connected by a cable direct to the modem can we see an ipconfig /all
now do a power cycle and connect the router
with a PC connected by a cable direct to the router can we see an ipconfig /all

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

How to power cycle

“power cycle” process to reboot or reset the modem/router

Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
Wait at least 1 to 5 minutes. We have found in some instances you need to wait at least 15 minutes
Plug the power cords back in, but don’t switch them on.
First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Next switch on the router (if a separate device) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network-internet-connection-is-too-slow.1124863/
Relevancy 66.65%

hi.
i am using windows xp home on a wireless router while my bro is using windows xp pro on the LAN of the router. he is able to access my pc after i shared my drive but i couldnt access his at all. his is also shared and i hav set up a small network with the same name. i can see the name of his pc but i couldnt enter. the error msg reads :
" \\name of pc is not accessible. you might not have permission to use this network resource. contact the administrator of this server to find out if u have xs permissions. Logon failure : the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer"

my bros pc is on Norton antivirus 2005. and both our service pack is SP1.

thanx

A:window xp home cant connect to pc with window xp pro on a setuped small network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-xp-home-cant-connect-to-pc-with-window-xp-pro-on-a-setuped-small-network.423985/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi there, I'm having a bit of an issue with one of my computers. It's fairly new, running on Windows Vista.

I am able to connect to a wireless router (Belkin), but I am not able to connect to the internet on this one particular computer. Another desktop computer on the network is able to access the internet. I just get the error "Internet Explorer cannot display the page" on the laptop whenever I attempt to open IE.
I've read through quite a few similar problems on other sites, but have yielded no solution. Any suggestions?

A:Able to connect to wireless router, but unable to connect to the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/able-to-connect-to-wireless-router-but-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet.971764/
Relevancy 61.92%

Have a USB wireless WiFi unit. To connect to the Internet. Have to disable the Local Area Connection. When connected to the Internet. If I enable the Local Area Connection. Unable to connect to the Internet. When I disable the LAC, the Internet connection is restablished. Using a D-Link boradband VPN router.

A:Wireless Network Connection will only connect to Internet if Lcl Area Connect disable

sounds about right! Your big issue will be the VPN, as it is frequently specifically
config'd to use a specific adaptor AND to force all tcp traffic thru that connection,
even though you want to do some trivial google.com search.

Consider using a Hardware Profile to define
1) a LAN connection environment (ie no WiFi)
2) a WiFi environment (w/o a LAN)

the choice occurs at boot time and the hardware is enabled/disabled per
the profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-will-only-connect-to-internet-if-lcl-area-connect-disable.74628/
Relevancy 61.92%

i'm using a dell inspiron 8600, sp3. i've never had problems accessing the internet until a few weeks ago when i moved. i was slated to join in on my roommmates network, but for some reason I cannot connect. Or more precisely, I connect for about 2 seconds, and I'm immediately bumped off. My roommates tried to fix it, but in vain. the signal is coming in strong on my computer, so I'm not sure what the issue is. any help is definitely welcomed.

A:perpetual acquiring network address/unable to connect to roommates network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/perpetual-acquiring-network-address-unable-to-connect-to-roommates-network.936682/
Relevancy 61.49%

She keeps loosing connection then has to wait until network - connect wireless still home connect/doesn't win 7 looses it decides it can connect again She would wait about five minutes and then click on something and would gain access http www sevenforums com network-s reconnect html the symptom has been occurring for at least a month and more We are on a wireless still looses connect/doesn't connect - win 7 wireless home network network Uverse and have not had any problems with this still looses connect/doesn't connect - win 7 wireless home network wireless network One thing i notice is that her icon for the connect shows one less bar than mine shows I should be the same they are both HP machines and sit in the same spot when it is not connected and the icon is clicked it does not show our connect name as an option Sometimes rebooting solves the problem sometimes clicking 'connect' does It will work for a while and then she looses the connect I am not sure that her problems started when she got that quot conduit quot search malware I had only partially removed it it was still resident when another tab on her firefox was opened Yesterday i found some additional information to remove the settings from registry and thought that had cured it But apparently it did not we are now back to the disconnect problem last i tried it it wouldn't even connect on restart Right now she is saying that its been doing pretty well for about five minutes Probably wont last long I don't really know why this all started I think it went back before the 'conduit' thing got installed She usually doesn't say anything to me she sits there and waits until it will connect so i don't always know what's going on Need suggestions as to look for settings to be changed etc By the way i got her repair disks and tried a repair its windows home and it decided there was nothing to repair Please help we are tearing our hair out - J

A:still looses connect/doesn't connect - win 7 wireless home network

How far away from your computers is the router? Also; have you tried to power cycle the modem and router? If not; i would try that. Unplug both the modem and router; wait about a minute; then plug in the modem first; let that boot; then plug the router back in and let that boot. Try doing that and see if it helps the situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/324656-still-looses-connect-doesnt-connect-win-7-wireless-home-network.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a lenovo u running windows a couple of days ago it seemed my computer was infected with something giving a series of security warnings I had not seen before not av security suite It slowed the computer down for a few minutes After closing these messages there seemed the to infection, possible connect connect does can but internet router/wireless not to now network, to be no problem but then my computer was no longer connect to the internet It connects to our router wireless network but not to the internet I tried resetting and unplugging the router and the modem but still no luck We have two other computers possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet on the same network that are connecting to both the network and the internet I tried running rkill and malwarebytes twice and no malicious items were detected I restored the computer to an possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet earlier point - days earlier On the toolbar in the bottom right of the taskbar it possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet shows a white signal bars with a quot quot inside a yellow triangle If I click on the network button it states it is quot connected quot to the network It describes the connection as quot excellent quot - bars Above the display of the available networks it states quot currently connected to Unidentified network No Internet access quot I am not computer savvy and have not run into this problem before Thanks for your time and help

A:possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwarePlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for trac... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396665/possible-infection-now-can-connect-to-routerwireless-network-but-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. We recently installed a new wireless router, and all the other computers in our house can access the internet. But for some reason I can only connect to the network, even though it says there's full connectivity.

I called the customer careline for our internet providers, and they said it was a problem with my computer settings, rather than the router. But they said they couldn't advise me any further unless I paid for it, hence my need to look for advice elsewhere....

Thanks!

A:Can connect to network, but unable to connect to internet

Hi carrickfergus, and welcome to TSG!

Please do the following:

Press the Windows key + R to open a Run box.

Type CMD.

Press OK.

In the Command Prompt, type ipconfig /all.

Press Enter.
Copy (right-click and Select All > press Enter) the entire content of that window and paste it to your next reply.
Next,

Use a working computer to download and copy HijackThis to a USB flash drive. Plug it into your faulty computer and install the program:

Please click HERE to download HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-to-network-but-unable-to-connect-to-internet.960206/
Relevancy 61.06%

hello i am trying to connect to my fiances home network on my dell inspirion 8200 it connects fine at home with out having to configure anything, but at my fiances house its giving me problems the connection will pop up as soon as i click connect it tries to but then this comes up. unable to connect to selected network network may not be in range but the thing is that im right in front of the wireless router. someone please help

A:trying to connect to my home wireless network but it odesnt connect,

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-connect-to-my-home-wireless-network-but-it-odesnt-connect.1087684/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I have an IBM T Thinkpad laptop running Windows XP with CISCO Aironet Client Utility installed to manage my wireless networks I don t understand the point of this utility as I find the Windows XP wireless connection management more reliable and straightforward but I don t know how to disable this thing I would if I could and I have tried although not that Wireless LAN CISCO PCI Auto-Connect Adapter Won't Wireless to (Aironet) Network hard Anyway I was using the CISO Aironet Client Utility or whatever it s called CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network fine then I visited a friend s house and needed to get on his network He started poking around and one day it was working and the next it was broken It kept saying CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network it couldn t find a radio signal or that it was off I came home and it wasn t working for a month or CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network so One day I messed around with it and it started working again Only problem now is whenever I shut down my laptop and re-open it it never reconnects to my wireless connection automatically I always have to do it by hand Any suggestions here How can I get it to reconnect automatically and if I can t how can I get it to use the Windows wireless features that are built in and bypass this CISCO stuff Thanks nbsp

A:CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network

i'll move to netwroking you should get a better response

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cisco-pci-wireless-lan-adapter-aironet-wont-auto-connect-to-wireless-network.875180/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey guys need some urgent help here I have a program on my computer called Intel R Network - Can't Router Adapter Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Wireless to connect My WiFi Technology which has something to do with my network adapter Intel R WiFi Link BGN I recently had an annoying notice popping up from this program saying The Wireless Network Adaptoor could not be found So I decided that I should find a solution on Intel s forums I came across a thread that discussed my problem and one of Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router the Intel workers mentioned that Uninstalling and Reinstalling the program would be the best solution So I followed the Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router steps and came across a huge problem Turns out that once I removed this program my computer wouldn t connect to my wireless network in my Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router house I went onto my other devices throughout the home and they all seemed to be working fine and that my router was still working fine aswell I went onto my other computer and downloaded the program onto my USB and installed it back onto my original computer There still wasn t any difference and my computer still currently can t connect to my wireless access point I ve rolled back drivers updated them and I ve refreshed wireless network adapters in my Network and Sharing Center in Control Point I m starting to run out of ideas and I really need some help My computer can still detect networks though but I ve discovered it can connect to my Mobile Phone s Access Point meaning I can connect to G through my phone I m suspecting some sort of setting has been changed to connect to my home s wireless but I can t figure out what it is I know that this isn t very detailed and I ve sort of rushed it but if you need anything else from me I d be happy to tell you If you have any possible solutions or have the same problem as I do please do share nbsp

A:Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site.

Delete all wireless profiles. Then try again to connect.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstalled-reinstalled-wireless-network-adapter-cant-connect-to-wireless-router.1024642/
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently switched from XP to rc on my Mini- as I hear is more efficient on the little lapbooks Before I mapped several shared folders on a network drive to drive letters on my lapbook Now I can't get network drives to work any more When I attempt to quot map a network drive quot I get a network error 7 -- -- Network Drive rc can't Window connect I had a brief moment of success in the course of setting up the new system -- so it seems at least possible -- but no more And I have no idea what was special then I've tried all the fixes I can google up for several hours still no luck The configuration amp c are the same as before my change and other computers in the LAN all on XP have no trouble reaching the network drive only the mini running rc has this new trouble PROBLEM - Map network drive doesn't work Attempts to do so eg lt folder name gt fail with quot Error code x The network path was not found Window 7 rc -- Network Drive -- can't connect quot SETUP - Wireless LAN - Router at - Network Window 7 rc -- Network Drive -- can't connect storage drive at - Other computers at various other locations CHECKLIST - Printer amp file sharing is turned on - The computer amp network drive are in the same workgroup quot BURROW quot - Firewall is turned off for diagnosis - NETBIOS over TCP IP is enabled DIAGNOSTICS - PING success in pinging the drive at - PING success in pinging the drive by name quot THLAYLI quot - HTTP I can get to the server's firmware interface at http - NET USE quot net use quot returns quot The command completed successfully quot - NET USE but quot net use z persistent yes lt folder gt USER lt user gt lt password gt quot returns error quot the network path was not found quot - NET VIEW Also returns error for - NBTSTAT Code C Users User gt nbtstat -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- LAPBOOK lt gt UNIQUE Registered BURROW lt gt GROUP Registered LAPBOOK lt gt UNIQUE Registered C Users User gt nbtstat -r NetBIOS Names Resolution and Registration Statistics ---------------------------------------------------- Resolved By Broadcast Resolved By Name Server Registered By Broadcast Registered By Name Server NetBIOS Names Resolved By Broadcast --------------------------------------------- THLAYLI lt gt BURROW lt E gt THLAYLI lt gt BURROW lt E gt THLAYLI lt gt BURROW lt E gt um HELP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/window-7-rc-network-drive-cant-connect-411052.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi, this is antonio.
I use a DELL optiplex gx520 desktop system installed with win7pro 64bit Preactivated OS currently not been able to connect to network printer HP CLJ CP4005, with the system running windows xp. the error i get is Driver not found or the operation failed error.. 0x00000214.

Please suggest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-been-able-to-connect-to-network-printer-in-window-7-pro.1052512/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone I m having an extremely frustrating problem connecting to my Netgear DG G v wireless router in my flat In short Ever since I reformatted router's network to Can't adapter wireless connecting connect to wireless despite net my hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP Pro internet browsers do not detect a connection to the internet despite a wireless connection being detected in the network connections and the icon in the system tray when my wireless adapter is plugged into my PC Connection problems only occurred after the reformat another PC in my flat connects wirelessly to our router with no problems before during amp after the time I reformatted I m posting this using his PC and the router config settings have definitely not been changed in any way so its not a router problem It appears that the wireless adapter is able to detect a signal from the router but the router is not sending information to the adapter I can t even connect to the router setup IP address More detailed I wiped the PC s harddrive then reinstalled Windows XP Pro I thought the recovery disk would have drivers with Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network it like others I d used but it didn t so I had to manually find nVidia chipset amp com Ethernet controller Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network drivers and SP for USB functionality download them on another PC and transfer and install them on mine I got SP this didn t change anything I changed back to SP still no change to connectivity When my Netgear WG v wireless adapter is plugged into a USB port Windows recognises it as a device connected to the PC My Netgear DG G v router is working normally the power light is on the internet light is on and the wireless light is on all are green the internet light blinks intermittently as normal the other two are solid When the wireless adapter is plugged into the PC wireless networks are detected and I can detect and connect to my Netgear router using the same WEP key and SSID as before set at the time of router setup Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network and not changed since Bubble comes up with Wireless Network Connection NETGEAR Speed Mbps Signal Strength Very Good When a browser is opened and set to any website the DNS error screen The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable etc in IE Server not found Firefox can t find the server at www google co uk in Firefox When opening Internet Explorer the bar at the bottom of the window displays Detecting proxy settings for a few seconds before the DNS error comes up The router settings cannot be opened via a browser either by using the router setup CD or by typing http into the address bar The same error msg is displayed in IE Firefox displays Unable to connect Firefox can t establish a connection to the server at I can connect to the router setting page in the above way using my flatmate s wireless connection to the same router Opening up the properties of the wireless connection shows that data packets are sent but not received e g after leaving the wireless connection on for hours packets sent packets received I tried bridging the wireless connection with the Net Adapter connection in Network Connections LAN or High Speed Internet this had no effect reversing this also had no effect All settings IP etc were set to be automatically provided no effect I looked at my flatmate s connection settings IP address subnet mask DHCP server etc and manually specified as many of them as I could on my connection no effect I used my flatmate s connection to go into the router settings and manually specify my PC s Physical address MAC no as being always allowed to connect no effect I effectively turned off the router s firewall by setting it to allow incoming connections on all ports no effect Changed it back no effect also no firewalls installed... Read more

A:Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-net-despite-wireless-adapter-connecting-to-routers-wireless-network.541734/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone This past weekend I went out of town and took my Windows laptop with me -- since I returned home it has been unable to connect to my wireless network Other connect card network can't wireless to AR9285 Atheros laptop network with Windows 7 devices in my home connect to the network just fine and the problem laptop Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network has always been fine Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network until now My network card is an Atheros AR and I m attempting to connect to a Medialink router with WPA password protection and AES encryption My wireless network icon in the task bar has a yellow sign with an exclamation point in it It says quot No Internet access quot I have tried -rebooting the computer -unplugging and restarting the modem and router -going to the command prompt and renewing my IP address with the command IPCONFIG RENEW None of this works Like I said all other devices in my house connect to the wireless network with no problem It s just this one laptop Any guidance would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network

Three things to try ...

If you have McAfee please see the sticky thread at the top of this (Networking) forum.

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

Revert to a System Restore Point before the weekend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-laptop-with-atheros-ar9285-network-card-cant-connect-to-wireless-network.1065995/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Have a problem there Just reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows XP and WAS having problems having my Linksys B wireless card but now it finally detected just reinstalled the driver Now another problem is Connect Internet Wont but Wireless to Network network?? Detected, Explorer when I double clciked INternet Exploroer webpages dont load up A box Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network?? pops up tp ask if I want to workoffline or Connect I click on COnnect and the box then said quot No connection to the internet is currently avaiable quot The thing is that my wireless adapter is already connected to the DSL in perfect signal connections I then went to to Network COnnections folder There are icons one says Incomming the other in the LAN or HighSpeed Internet section says Connection and Wireless Network Connection Enabled On the far left column i clicked on Create a New Connection I clicked the option Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network?? of quot Connect to the internet quot then quot Setup my Connection Manually quot Then quot Connect Using a broadband connection that is always on quot because I dont need a login name and password After clicking NEXT and Finished Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network?? nothing happened i clicked on IE again and same thing pops up I tried doing the nd option to let u enter the ID and password BUT disable the prompt to log in with a username and pw still dont work What gives How do i fix this problem Any help is appreciated thnx nbsp

A:Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-detected-but-internet-explorer-wont-connect-to-network.586274/
Relevancy 60.2%

I I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and since then I have had a problem connecting to the internet with IE8. connection to internet via the wireless router is ok as virus etc is updating, but every tim I try and open IE I get the message Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage, then the option for Diagnose problems is offered, I have clicked this and still no joy. I have also reset IE.

Sparodically it will connect and this is what is confusing me

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

A:Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network in Win 7

Have you tried any other browsers? SeaMonkey is a good one to try if you don't have another. You can still keep IE as default and have SeaMonkey for backup for web pages that may not display correctly in IE or when you have access problems like you are having now. Being Mozilla-based, it uses a different rendering engine. For those web sites that support pipelining, you may also find that it is considerably faster.

Check your connection settings under Internet Options. In the LAN section, try toggling the "Automatically Detect Settings" option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-detected-but-internet-explorer-wont-connect-to-network-in-win-7.935568/
Relevancy 59.77%

Up until this afternoon i had been able to access my wireless network fine However I had taken my computer outside and tried to wireless to others) Solved: network(can connect Cannot connect to connect I was not able to and had xp Solved: Cannot connect to wireless network(can connect to others) try to quot repair quot the problem No luck I brought it back into my room but it still didn t work It will say quot acquiring network address quot on and off but never connect Everyone else in the house can connect to it fine and i can still connect to it through ethernet cable and to other wireless networks besides this one I ran a diagnostic where it said that the network keys did not match up i checked them and the diag report gave me this Can anyone help Last diagnostic run time IP Configuration Diagnostic Invalid IP address info Zero IP address detected action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected action Automated repair Reset network connection action Disabling the network adapter action Enabling the network adapter info Network adapter successfully enabled info Zero IP address detected action Manual repair Reboot modem info Zero IP address detected action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The s... Read more

A:Solved: Cannot connect to wireless network(can connect to others)

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect that way. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-to-wireless-network-can-connect-to-others.1032364/
Relevancy 59.77%

I need real help I had cable internet mbs installed last September in my one bedroom apartment Before that I was connecting to a spotty mbs network that was open next door with home network any to but Unable to can connect to other network their permission I was able to obtain fast and efficient internet access for about or months and then it became intermittent For the past months I have been unable to connect through my home cable modem router at all I have been to the cable company and they have tested the cable modem router and Unable to connect to home network but can to any other network the Unable to connect to home network but can to any other network signal which comes into the router and out at fast speeds I have been to the place where I bought my laptop purchased at Staples last summer Others can connect though my wifi but I cannot It connects but gives me a DNS error It doesn t matter whether I am hard wired or on wifi I am running Win Home Premium bit on a compaq CQ - NR Notebook with a Vision AMD Athlon II P Dual-Core processor ghz with GB ram GB usable It contains an Atheros AR b g n WiFi adapter Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Realtek High Definition Audio Built in pointing device mouse pad with a wireless mouse connected through USB port hard drive Hitachi HTS A A SATA Disk Device Apparently for some unknown reason my computer networking modules can connect to but won t or can t talk to the cable modem router supplied by my ISP Charter Communications but can access the internet though any other wifi service or hot spot without a problem - INCLUDING the very same ISP through other wifi spots in town They have tested and retested the cable modem router and have told me that without a doubt there is nothing wrong with the device even though normally I thought anyway a DNS error like this would be a server side error Please someone help me I am paying for this internet service and would love to use it If you require anymore information please ask and I will provide it for you I am sorry if this was covered in another post I searched and searched and was unable to find a post that adequately came close to the problem that I described above Sorry if I am so wordy HELP Regards to All William nbsp

A:Unable to connect to home network but can to any other network

Connect the system to your network and then
please get a command prompt (Start->RUN->CMD) and enter ipconfig /all >myTcp.txt
follow-up with the attachment myTcp.txt which will be in the directory shown in the CMD prompt window.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-home-network-but-can-to-any-other-network.164932/
Relevancy 59.34%

I was doing a little housekeeping on my laptop running XP and removing programs I don't use or don't need, or at least I thought I didn't and now have no internet or LAN connectivity. One of the programs was Fourelle Personal Client. Some help here would be appreciated. Thanx.
Jeff

A:Unable to connect to lan or wireless

Re: Fourelle Personal ClientSeems to be some kind of bandwidth optimizer associated with slower-tier internet connections like satellite, some wireless, leased lines, et al. Make sure your connection doesn't -require- it (as it uses its own protocol) before completely uninstalling it.Latest Version of Fourelle << can be downloaded from this link -Kaspersky Info: Fourelle Venturi Personal Client 2.1.1 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 6.0 MP4 cannot be run simultaneously on the same computer.Venturi software uses data compression on both sides, client and server.If these two applications are run simultaneously, Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 6.0 MP4 will crash. This error occurs because Fourelle Venturi Personal Client 2.1.1 has a network driver which is incompatible with Kaspersky Anti-Virus.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449833/unable-to-connect-to-lan-or-wireless/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot Novatel MiFi that I am attempting to connect to my Compaq Presario 2200US to. This required a wireless adapter of some sort which I purchased, a Belkin N300 wireless USB adapter. Now my laptop recognizes the network and attempts to connect to it, but can't seem to get passed the validating certifications part. The jet pack does require a security code, which I've attempted in multiple different ways of putting in, but it will either result in "limited or no connectivity" "passcode require 5 to 10 or 13 to 26" or doesn't leave the validating stage. I've tried everything possible, read multiple forums and can't see to get microsofts help so if I can get any assistance here, I'd really appreciate it.

A:Unable to connect to wireless

Hi: You have to be running XP SP3 in order for WPA2-Personal security to work, If you are running XP SP2, then you need to install the Wireless Client Update for 32-bit versions of Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2, to allow for the advanced security. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/917021 If you are running XP SP3, unfortunately I wouldn't know why you can't connect securely.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-connect-to-wireless/td-p/5599680
Relevancy 59.34%

I have toshiba satellite l laptop and I m on Vista Home Premium I was on wireless for years up until a Unable to to wireless? connect few days ago my laptop was in a bad way so I ran Unable to connect to wireless? multiple anti-virus scans to clean it up Its running quite fast now the only Unable to connect to wireless? problem is somehow along the way my wireless connection was lost and now I am only able to use the internet via the yellow router cable As soon as this cable is taken out my connection is lost There are other laptops in the house that run perfectly fine on wireless so I know this is an issue with my laptop and not my router I have tried uninstalling and re-installing my Talk Talk CD but yet the problem remains I have a program called AVG PC Tuneup On System Advisor it gives me the following message Advisor detected incorrect driver s It is recommended to update the following driver s quot Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter quot quot SM Bus Controller quot I open device managers and see a yellow triangle with an inside next to those mentioned above Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter - when click on this it says this device cannot start Code and says check for solutions I click on this and a box appears saying checking for solutions to the problem however above this it says could not load driver and secs later the box disappears when ran again same thing happens SM Bus Controller - when click on this it says The drivers for this device are not installed Code There is no driver selected for the device information set or element To reinstall the drivers for this device click Reinstall Driver When done this options appear search automatically for updated driver software or browse my computer for driver software I have only tried the first option as I would have no idea what I was looking for browsing my computer When I click on this it says searching online for software then windows was unable to install your SM Bus Controller I have no idea what either of those things are and whether or not they are connected to this problem and if so how to fix them as when trying to nothing happens other than the info provided nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless.1075088/
Relevancy 59.34%

Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer in range. Please refresh the list of available networks, and try to connect again.

This message poped up during connecting to a wireless network

this information might be usefull

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jayden Gilchrist>IPCONFIG/ALL

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : PC123911455270
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Networ
k Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-18-DE-B5-17-5C

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connecti
on
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-36-B7-56-59

plz help me asap

A:unable to connect to wireless

Moved thread to the Networking Forum for better results. Here is some additional information we will require: Pre-posting Requirements - for both Wired and Wireless Connectivity Issues

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-680105.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I recently reformatted my laptop to get rid of Vista and now run XP. Stupidly, I didn't know what I was doing 100% and now can't connect to a wireless network. I've looked at guides on how to with XP and it is saying to do it through Network Connections. I have no wireless sections in my NC, so it's basically like XP doesn't realise I've got wireless capabilities.

I have installed all of the drivers that there are, multiple times. If I press the wireless button, the window with the Bluetooth, WLAN and UMTS still comes up.

Hope this is enough info, if not, I'll try to give you some more.

Laptop: Esprimo Mobile V5535

Oh and sorry if this is something you hear a lot. Please don't redirect me to another thread, I've read through them and nothing said works/applies to me.

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I have an HP Pavilion running Vista My router is Dlink My computer has Help!!! Unable connect to wireless. to been working great for a couple of years with this system Other computers in the house are able to Unable to connect to wireless. Help!!! connect - it is not the dlink or wifi connection I took Unable to connect to wireless. Help!!! my HP over to a friend's house the other day He made it so we could use the Belkin wifi at his house It worked successfully at his house When I brought the computer back home - it would not connect to my wireless I've called HP but they will charge me for help because my warranty is expired I called Dlink support but ended up with a company that did go in and restored something on the computer so that I could at least access the internet when connected directly into the cable modem Then they put on the hard sell and I realized they were not DLink at all ANYWAY I feel like I just need to know the steps to make the wireless connect I think it is just an unchecked box of some sort The help guide on the computer isn't helping so far Any suggestions

A:Unable to connect to wireless. Help!!!

Compare the settings on the machines that do connect with those on the one that doesn't. DNS/DHCP settings should be the same for all 3 do you have a password set up for your wireless? (If not you should have!)
Can you access the router?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-help-567481.html