Windows Support Forum

Netgear n900 slow wifi connection?

Q: Netgear n900 slow wifi connection?

Okay, I have a PC in my bedroom which is at the end of my house, and the actual internet source (Thomson/BigPond) is at the other end. Between the internet source and the computer, there are several televisions, lights, speakers, etc that may be causing interference. It could also the the channels in which my items are in.
My PC doesn't have an actual wireless connection thing built in, and that's why I have this netgear router thing.
My PC is a HP pavilion.

The connection at which it receives is awfully frustrating. It's agonizingly slow, taking several minutes to load a page - that's if it actually decides to load up.

There is another netgear router a few rooms closer than my PC is that recieves internet properly.

Is there anything I could do to fix my connection speed/connection in general? Or just improve it at all?
Any help is appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-n900-slow-wifi-connection.1087480/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Netgear n900 slow wifi connection?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 87.72%

Hi guys I slow/no wifi Netgear router connection m hoping someone can help with my Netgear router wifi slow/no connection ongoing wireless problems I m having with Orange The laptops in my flat are wirelessly connected to a Netgear N Wireless router and the connection is forever going from little to nothing I ve tried resetting everything getting Orange to replace the router a new Netgear N but still nothing I ve tried changing channels in the past but never seems to last I can t work out if another wireless router in another flat is chomping into our connection Here s my ipconfig all results Windows IP Configuration Host Name TheBashmore Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C-A - - C-CF-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C-A - - C-CF-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link BGN Physical Address C-A - - C-CF-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a a c c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August Lease Expires August Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E -B - -F - D-A - C- - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address F - D-A - C- - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb f cb fde da Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f cb fde da Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap AB F -FBFA- BB- D- FBB FA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CF DD C-B - A- A -C BBC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F DFF-ADAB- - - DFAF A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CDF F - BDF- DD - - AC B F BD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Here s the Ping C Users Bashmore gt Ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Hoping someone could shed some light It s really cheesing me off as two laptops and the PS just can t connect or any connections fail after a short time And it s been like this for around months Also there s no problem when it s wired to the router Currently on channel other people seem to be on or Cheers very much all nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

Hello I need some advice on how to Netgear N900 center Netgear USB and control proceed My issue is with USB printing from the Netgear N900 and Netgear USB control center router the Netgear N WNDR to be specific The use of Netgear s USB control center has worked with this router before the computer was reloaded but will not after the reload Let me explain a little about the situation There are two computers on the network running XP Both were able to use the USB control center to print to the HP OfficeJet v through the router and even scan One computer has been upgraded with two SSD drives installed in a raid configuration and windows reinstalled Then I reinstalled drivers and updated windows After several hours copying manually backed up files and repairing shortcuts I started reinstalling software that needed to be put back on the system One of which was the Netgear USB control center after installing the printer The software installed correctly with no errors with a required reboot When I open the program it will not see the printer The printer has to be on for the software to be able to see it This still works on the other computer with no problems I have check the firewall setting and even tried with the firewall disabled temporarily I upgraded the USB control center from version to but still plagued with the same results I know XP is outdated but some software is still needed like the USB control center that will not work in Linux Ubuntu is also installed on this computer on the same raid drives but there is no way that I have found to see the printer connected to the router My understanding is that the control center makes a virtual USB port connected trough UDP so the OS thinks and sees the printer connected via USB The two system files that installed to the system drivers folder are netgearUDSMBus sys and netgearUDSTcpBus sys I m at a loss for what to do next or where to go from here Is there any other software that can be utilized with the router and usb printer Is there a way I can manually make the connection Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-n900-and-netgear-usb-control-center.1141013/
Relevancy 79.12%

hello..
Ive been having a problem with my router, all the plugs are in right and so is for the modem. the problem i'm having is that the internet light is orange and its supposed to be green. i use my old netgear router (the white one) and works fine but slows down when everyone uses the internet. i tried everything to make the n900 work again but still no luck... please help
Xtina

Relevancy 78.26%

Hello everyone It's been a long time since i been on these forums since SevenForums Anyways I plan to get a Macbook Pro Retina Dual boot with Windows or and i also plan to get a new router for better performance in gaming xbox and other uses that use alot of bandwith and an external storage Question is i want to have a N900 4 Vertex SSD and 128GB Netgear good external storage so i can have my files like pictures music documents Netgear N900 and Vertex 4 SSD 128GB video clips and more files to backup And i want to know is it possible and if so how can i use the OCZ Vertex SSD GB and Netgear Router N together so i can use it to share data with a desktop with Windows and a Macbook Pro Retina that is dual booting with Windows and OS X Mountain Lion please don't bash me for having a macbook So the point is router ssd external network Netgear N900 and Vertex 4 SSD 128GB storage Also the router i am getting Netgear N900 and Vertex 4 SSD 128GB is much better because i do online gaming alot So my current one is dying slow on me Any tips Suggestions Products you prefer Thanks in advance

A:Netgear N900 and Vertex 4 SSD 128GB

Originally Posted by Brian6121990

Hello everyone. It's been a long time since i been on these forums since SevenForums.
Anyways, I plan to get a Macbook Pro Retina (Dual boot with Windows 8 or 7) and i also plan to get a new
router for better performance in gaming (xbox) and other uses that use alot of bandwith and an external storage.
Question is, i want to have a good external storage so i can have my files like pictures, music, documents, video clips and more files to backup. And i want to know, is it possible and if so, how can i use the OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 128GB and Netgear Router N900 together so i can use it to share data with a desktop with Windows 8 and a Macbook Pro Retina that is dual booting with Windows 8 and OS X Mountain Lion (please don't bash me for having a macbook).
So the point is, router + ssd = external network storage.
Also, the router i am getting is much better because i do online gaming alot. So my current one is dying slow on me.

Any tips? Suggestions? Products you prefer?

Thanks in advance

You just simply right click on it and share it with "everyone" on your home network with full permissions. It can be done on any PC and even external hard drives connected to a pc.

Or if you are getting a new router, most new router have USB network share capabilities. Just plug in an external hard drive and it can be accessed by any PC/laptop within your network.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/24727-netgear-n900-vertex-4-ssd-128gb.html
Relevancy 78.26%

N900, WNDR4500, works fine as long as broadcasting SSID on 2.4, but if broadcasting SSID is turned off neither of wireless computers (windows 7 & 8) will reconnect!! Any ideas/help?

A:Netgear N900-can't connect without SSID

have you followed these instructions at all?
http://www.7tutorials.com/how-connect-hidden-wireless-networks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-n900-cant-connect-without-ssid.1083051/
Relevancy 78.26%

I just want to say Thank you in advance for any and all N900 Netgear adapter Wireless advice that might be offered with my problem I just moved into my new home and set up my internet connection through Comcast Apparently they now have modems and wireless routers built into the same unit and that s what they sent me I can t have my computer next to the modem router because of where the cable connection is located so I went out and purchased a Netgear N Wnda wireless adapter Netgear N900 Wireless adapter I chose this model because I play online games fast-forward to my problem When I m online every two-three minutes I will experience a second lag spike It s extremely annoying So I opened up the Netgear Genie application to make sure my connections were good and what I Netgear N900 Wireless adapter noticed is confusing It states that my PC is connected to my network but not connecting to the internet However I am still able to browse the web log on and play online games with the lag spike and various other applications that Netgear N900 Wireless adapter require an internet connection The other thing is the status light on the wireless adapter every so often flashes from it s current state of orange color to blue as if it s scanning for something This also coincides with the lag spike while I m gaming more often than not I m by no means a computer expert otherwise I wouldn t be here asking for your professional opinions So please bare with me if you suggest a fix and I don t understand it in it s entirety Again thanks in advance for any support you can lend Kevin nbsp

A:Netgear N900 Wireless adapter

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If your only email accounts are free (Hotmail, gmail, etc.) try this direct link. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-n900-wireless-adapter.1109273/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hopefully I am in the right spot here. My router/modem combo won't maintain connection to the internet. It seems to be going through a constant refresh or reboot cycle. I have been on the phone with ISP and they have been no help, only to send a tech out tomorrow to hopefully figure something out. I thought it might be a faulty router/modem so I just had it replaced and the new one still does the same. I have done hard resets, soft resets, cycled the modem on and off to no avail.

Any one know of this happening before and know how to resolve? Many thanks!

Relevancy 76.54%

I have finally got netgear adapter to connect to router, and its connected, but not able to access any webpages. I am not receiving any bytes back.
I had to manually type in a IP address, as it was not picking it up automatically.
I have other devices connected to the router (laptop, ipad, iphones) and access web easily.
I have tried hard resets, and shut downs all with no avail

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Relevancy 75.68%

A few days ago my ISP connection dropped out for a few hours After the modem router restart netgear after n900 Some won't Solved: router restart connect laptops I discovered that all wired devices and some wireless devices can connect but a few of the Solved: Some laptops won't connect after netgear n900 router restart wireless devices are unable to connect and cannot ping the router As soon as I plug them in with a wired connection they work The router is a Netgear N with the latest firmware upgrade Both he ghz and ghz connections are set to use wpa aes authentication Even when the ping shows a general failure the router logs show an access denied message for the Mac address that attempted the ping When I switch to security none connections work fine There Solved: Some laptops won't connect after netgear n900 router restart is also a Sony Bravia tv on the network that was connecting fine before the restart but now will only connect when the network security is set to none None of the router settings changed None of the pc settings changed The network setup is pretty simple Adsl modem accesses the Internet successfully This then feeds into the wan connection of the netgear n An old vista windows desktop is wired to the netgear and has connectivity A brother laser printer is wired to the netgear and has connectivity An asus laptop with an atheros wifi adapter and running windows connects wirelessly to either the or band and has connectivity An asus laptop with an atheros wifi adapter and running windows attempts to connect wirelessly to the band doesn t pick up the band and has no connectivity until security on the router is turned off or it is wired to the router however worked fine a few days ago wirelessly with wpa security A dell laptop with a dw wireless card connects wirelessly to my work network but cannot connect wirelessly at home It has a VPN client installed but does not connect even when VPN is suspended It will connect with and without VPN when wired to the router and it was also working fine before the restart It detects both the and connections An apple ipad and ipods connect reliably with no connectivity issues and detect both and broadcasts A Sony bravia Internet tv was connecting successfully to either band but now only connects when security is removed from the router Initially I thought the problem was limited to the asus so have tried a number of problem solving strategies there with no success including reverting to a previous retore point upgrading wifi drivers disabling ipv Now that the dell and the tv are involved I am focused on the router I have not had any problems with it since I bought it nearly a year ago and it has been coping well Our previous router had troubles with the Minecraft port forwarding settings and the Bravia tv interference but the n has been working beautifully with everything I throw at it until this point I also attempted to set up a second router as a repeater so I could get a wired connection to the asus as a work around but the n complained that this setup was not compatible with a wpa security setting and the second router doesn t have wep That s actually how I discovered the problem goes away when wpa is off After the repeater setup worked I unplugged the laptop to see if it would work wirelessly without the security and both it and the tv connected However I am not prepared to run with an unsecured network so wps is back on now I have tried everything I can thnk of on my own and am completely stumped Please help if you can This problem is drivingme insane and causing serious sleep deprivation I cannot rest until it is fixed nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

I have owned the sony tv for about 5 months now. It does automatic updates. Until recently I have been able to be connected to my wireless netgear router. A few days ago it has decided not to connect to the router. I have manually put in the SSID any other info it asked for but I'm far from a computer tech and don't honestly know what it wants from me. Does any one have any information on this issue with Sony TV. When I went online to search out information I found that the forums that had questions were quite old. If anyone has a simple step by step fix for this issue, please let me know. I miss my Netflix!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-wifi-connection-between-sony-bravia-tv-and-netgear.1168678/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have the same issue Everything was working fine until Sunday now TV Bravia Netgear No connection WiFi Sony between and I can t reconnect the internet connection I have followed your instructions in the previous post please see below Windows IP Configuration Host Name PHLWL L Primary Dns Suffix wmservice corpnet com Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List corpnet com corpnet com gsk com wmservice corpnet com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix corpnet com Description Juniper Networks Virtual Adapter Physical Address - - - F-EB- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - E- F-CE-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix No WiFi connection between Sony Bravia TV and Netgear Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address A- E- F-CE-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address A- E- F-CE-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Dual Band Wireless-AC Physical Address - E- F-CE-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday April PM Lease Expires Wednesday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -LM Physical Address - B- D- D- -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:No WiFi connection between Sony Bravia TV and Netgear

I have moved to a thread of your own

Is this a TV that will not connect ? - as thats the post that you replied on
If so whats the make and model
if not - please provide full details of what equipment you have and what is not working

That ipconfig /all is showing a default gateway IP address of 0.0.0.0

IP addresses of all zeros are normally caused by one of the following.

Diagnosis:
Firewall / security suite
DHCP Service not running.
Duplicate IP address on the network.
Bad NIC card drivers.
Defective NIC hardware.

Resolution:
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

Check Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. The DHCP Client service should be Started and its Startup Type should be Automatic.

Turn off ALL of the computers and other network connected devices, restart (power cycle) the router, then restart all the computers and other network devices.

Check for upgraded drivers and/or reload the Network drivers.

uninstall the adapter and restart PC - windows will re-install the drivers
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-wifi-connection-between-sony-bravia-tv-and-netgear.1169262/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi All,

I recently put in a Netgear firewall, configured it, its running no problem. Then I setup a new Netgear N600 wireless router, configured it, gave it a static IP, connected to it, works like a charm. Thing is, when I try to access the web gui I receive nothing.. Is the Netgear firewall taking priority or something? I went directly connected to the netgear wifi router and double checked to make sure that there was no settings restricting administration from wifi users, etc.. Anyone have a similar setup ?

Thanks All

A:Netgear FVS318G FW & Netgear N600 wifi router Can't access webgui

You sure been busy! Have "seen" you all over this place.

Is the FVS318G router connected to the N600 router's WAN port or a LAN port?

If WAN have you changed one of the routers so that they don't both use the same LAN subnet (I didn't check each one, but they probably both default to the same).

If LAN have you disabled the N600's Dhcp server?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-fvs318g-fw-netgear-n600-wifi-router-cant-access-webgui.993608/
Relevancy 63.21%

Just quot upgraded quot my internet service and the Unstable/slow after CG3000D-RG connection installing Netgear internet gateway cable co installed a new Netgear gateway and ever since my connection has been very unstable It will work fine on occasion Unstable/slow internet connection after installing Netgear CG3000D-RG gateway although usually not for more than a couple of minutes but the vast majority of the time it either runs very very slow Unstable/slow internet connection after installing Netgear CG3000D-RG gateway or not at all This is true for all computers connected to the network i e both wireless and the one connected via ethernet cable The ip config log is below I saw this in a couple of other threads but am not that computer literate so if I need to get something else let me know Any ideas would be most appreciated as the cable co can t get someone back out here until first of next week Thanks Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Dad gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dad-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Linksys WUSB N Dual-Band Wireless-N USB Network Adapter Physical Address - E-E -DC- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fce e c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday June PM Lease Expires Thursday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - - C- - - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description USB Wireless b g Adaptor Physical Address - - F- - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - C- - - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BD F - EC- -AD D-DB C E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ccc e b d b Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - - C- - - D NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap EAF- AB- EE - F - B C C BB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EFB - A- AF- - C A A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Dad gt nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unstable-slow-internet-connection-after-installing-netgear-cg3000d-rg-gateway.1003873/
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm getting annoyed with my sister because she uses too much bandwidth on her laptop than I can get, he uses facebook, twitter, youtube, and uTorrent at the same time and I'm only using YouTube, visiting forums and playing games. How do I slow down the wifi speed so I can make her internet usage more pain in the ass?

A:How to slow down WiFi connection?

depending on your router, it should have some kind of throttleling control in the admin interface, your just going to have to look for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/272331-how-slow-down-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all my name is Luca and I'm the owner of a nbsp HP ENVY -ae nl I've bought my laptop with Win on December Everything was working fine but month ago right after the Win update my wifi connection started to be very slow I'm not able to load websites in a decent time stream videos etc nbsp nbsp For example when I use Chrome 10 Connection Win with really Wifi slow or Edge to check BBC News the browser brings me at a balnk nbsp page saying the the page didn't respond time expired for connection Then after secs it starts to load but really really slow nbsp This happens Wifi Connection really slow with Win 10 with all Wifi Connection really slow with Win 10 the pages that I want to load nbsp I did some test - try my home connection with another laptop with Win - gt everything is fine and at fully speed - restore the system to manifacturer settings - gt at the beginning it was working Then Win updated again and the problemwas still there - I connected physically my router and nbsp the laptop with an ethernet cable and apparently the browser goes at full speed nbsp do you think that the problem is in my wireless network card somenthing with the drivers nbsp what should I do to resolve the problem nbsp thank you very much for your help in advance nbsp Luca nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Connection-really-slow-with-Win-10/td-p/5803361
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello, I am using a windows 8.1 pc. The WiFi connection on my pc is just too slow, the problem had started around a month ago and still persists. My wife connection and router is just fine and works perfectly on other devices. The connection status shows  connected but when I open my browser it takes more than a minute to open Google !!!!! Please help me as soon as possible as I not able to use Internet on my pc. Thanks.?  

A:Windows 8.1 slow WiFi connection

Hi, When is the last time the computer works fine?When is the last time youve run an antivirus scan?When is the last time youve updated the Bios version of your computer? Here are steps you could try to fix your wifi issues: Perform hard reset: Hard reset a notebook with removable battery Turn off the computer.Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices, such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.Remove the battery from the battery compartment.Press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.Press the Power button to turn on the computer.On the Options screen, select Continue and continue to Windows 10.If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, then press the Enter key.Reconnect each of the peripheral devices.After you have completed these steps, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers.Hard reset a notebook with a sealed or non-removable battery Turn off the computer.Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.If your notebook is listed in the table, use the instructions specific to your computer. For all other notebooks, press and hold the Power button for 8-10 seconds. note:The designated button combination varies by model and production date. If your computer is not listed below, refer to the User Guide for your specific model for the proper button combination.Common Model NameTypically Designated Button CombinationHP Envy 17 2D and 3DPress and hold the Power and the Beats buttons for 8-10 seconds.HP Envy 15-3000 seriesPress and hold the Power and the Beats buttons for 8-10 seconds.HP Envy 14 SPECTREPress and hold the Power and the Mute (on the right side of the palm rest) buttons for 8-10 seconds.Plug the AC adapter back into the computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.Press the Power button to turn on the computer.If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, then press the Enter key.Run an antivirus scan I would highly suggest to download and run malwarebytes then remove the threats if theres a virus on it. Make sure to uninstall it after the removal. Download the latest BIOS http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07110 Kindly give us an update.. Hope the above fixes will work..Cheers! 

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Windows-8-1-slow-WiFi-connection/td-p/5729505
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey guys Upon installing the W build RC -bit I've noticed a gross decrease in wifi speeds and stability While running XP I averaged at about - mb s wirelessly which was very stable Ridiculously wifi slow connection disconnect every - hours maybe Now I'm receiving lt mb s and disconnecting frequently which is a real hassle In reality even the speed I had on XP was slow considering that my fathers macbook pro reaches speeds of - mb s wireless from the same place as my stationary stands I'm well aware of the fact Ridiculously slow wifi connection that I have a mb s cap on my network card but I still think that my network connection should be stronger Reality aside I was doing fine with - mb s despite knowing that somehow I could be getting a faster connection and now it's really unbearable to have lt mb s I've followed tonnes of solution guides on Ridiculously slow wifi connection how to set-up wifi on W without any success I've tried countless drivers let the W wizard find appropriate drivers for me turned on and off Ipv changed homegroup settings messed with the registry and more - Now I don't know what to do next One interesting thing although perhaps trivial I noticed while downloading via uTorrent last night was that in the Resource Monitor it said that the network utilization was only at despite me downloading at kb s which should be more then from uTorrent alone according to the speed test conducting right before Could this have anything to do with it As a final note I'm using a Ridiculously slow wifi connection genuine RC client with a genuine key freshly installed Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Ridiculously slow wifi connection

There are plenty of driver problems with WIFI on Win7 (audio appears to be a common problem, as well) so I would recommend ensuring you have a solid driver installed.

Fill out your system specs via your profile and we can better help you.

I would also recommend using the 7201 build, it's the last 'real' RC client that was released before RTM was and unless RTM (b7600+) is an option for you, 7201 might be a better solution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/23493-ridiculously-slow-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Wireless N network card on my pc and i have a wireless N router (not N certified) and i'm getting a connection speed of 48.0 mbps. I believe this is slower than wireless G. My network card is Realtek RTL8190 wireless (came with my computer) and i have a Linksys WRT120N wireless N router. I found nothing when i Googled my network card and i found nothing about it other than drivers.

Relevancy 58.91%

Running a Windows 7 machine - has always connected and worked just fine.

Today all of a sudden my connection has become brutal to nothing.

My wifi tells me I am connected at 58 Mbps.

I have another laptop connected to the wifi in the same room, same 58 Mbps, and it is hitting web sites immediately. The W7 computer is hitting them, and literally taking minutes for pages to come up.

I have run malarebytes, no malware. I have disabled Norton.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:Brutally slow wifi connection

Quote: Originally Posted by Johneeo

Running a Windows 7 machine - has always connected and worked just fine.

Today all of a sudden my connection has become brutal to nothing.

My wifi tells me I am connected at 58 Mbps.

I have another laptop connected to the wifi in the same room, same 58 Mbps, and it is hitting web sites immediately. The W7 computer is hitting them, and literally taking minutes for pages to come up.

I have run malarebytes, no malware. I have disabled Norton.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I would start by resetting the router, be sure and check the security etc. is still working after the reset, if not create a new SSID, password etc.

After that try creating a new wireless profile for the connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/329726-brutally-slow-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 58.91%

i have wimax internet 512Kbps connection at home, which is connected to Linksys wifi router. the wifi router has 4 LAN ports. my dell laptop uses the net through Linksys wifi connection.

and my p3 700Mhz computer is connected to linksys router through a LAN cable (old compaq NIC card) which is connected to wifi router LAN port.

the net speed is quite fast for the laptop and slow for the p3 computer.

pls tell me the cause of slow internet on p3

is it old NIC on p3 which is causing the slow speed, the wifi router LAN port or the old p3 computer..............

the p3 is used mainly by kids/wife

A:fast wifi / slow LAN connection

Could you be a bit more specific as to the speeds involved with the old machine
visit this site and run the test at a location close to you
Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Then use the provided forum link they give you to post results here .

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/192859-fast-wifi-slow-lan-connection.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello guys I got strange problem Yesterday everything was ok I got mbit connection ethernet It's normal Slow via WIFI internet connection when you connect via wifi that u got like slower connection i had about - mbits Today I got like mbits I dont know whats going on I think that the problem started after doing updates with ninite com I have tried almost everything Reinstalling drivers rebooting scanning with AV dealing with power management What else can I do My specs Lenovo G s Windows Professional Thats my ip config Windows IP Configuration Host Name Pawe Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Po czenie lokalne Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Karta Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adap ter Physical Address A-D - - F- -DD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Karta Qualcomm Atheros AR WB-EG Wirele ss Network Adapter Physical Address -D - - F- -DD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d e f c d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained maja Lease Expires maja Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID Slow internet connection via WIFI - - - - A- - F- - - - -E - - C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Po czenie sieciowe Bluetooth Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Urz dzenie Bluetooth sie osobista Physical Slow internet connection via WIFI Address -D - - F-F -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E F ast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - - -E - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d f c f fff Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f c f fff Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - F- - - - -E - - C NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap A C- AD- AD-A -E B CE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Karta Microsoft ISATAP Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Slow internet connection via WIFI

Did not need the IPConfig info. Why are you also downloading updates from some unknown third party website? You most likely have downloading sketchy updates, that is causing your problems.

If you want to update software. Let the software update from the software manufacturer site that created the software. Using third party sites can allow you to infect your computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47189-slow-internet-connection-via-wifi.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all, yesterday I purchased a HP p6-2417a and have experienced some very odd problems concerning the wifi connection.
Occasionally the speeds will slow right down to a snails pace, or entirely disconnect making downloading or streaming anything near impossible. However, the odd thing is, if I leave the PC idle and locked until the display turns off, the speed goes up to a normal, consistent and stable 2MB/s, whereas if I'm using the PC it wont even go over 100kB/s, that is if I can establish the download in the first place.
So far I have tried updating my wifi adapter drivers and changing several network settings, none of which have worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-unstable-wifi-connection-on-new-hp-desktop.1090981/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hiya For a while I ve been experiencing that my download and upload speeds seem to vary wildly while on my computer however they always seem to be MUCH lower than on my laptop When using speedtest net Wifi slow on but not desktop on laptop connection my laptop tends to average around mbps downloading and mbps uploading Occasionally my desktop will peak and be slightly better best I ve seen today is mbps and mbps uploading but the grand majority of the time it seems to hover at around mbps download and or mbps upload I don t understand why this is Wifi connection slow on desktop but not on laptop Things I have tried Updating to Windows on desktop not that I am on my laptop Updating the drivers for my TRENDnet Mbps Dual Band Wireless N USB Adapter wireless adapter tried no need as they re up to date Turning off power saving mode I don t know why this was enabled on a desktop but it was Turning off the windows option to quot disconnect this device to save power quot Cleaning in the inside of my desktop tower Changing my IPv DNS server values And I have also tried running a full virus scan malware scan and uninstalling every program I installed in the last month And I know it is almost certainly not interference due to the fact that my laptop sits directly above my PC tower both a whole floor away from the router and the laptop does okay For the sake of checking I have tried moving the laptop to a different room but that is not the cause of the problem In addition to the speedtest net results given earlier when going to network and sharing centre and clicking on my connection the speed is listed as mbps but often jumps all the way to exactly mbps with no figures in between Very occasionally I see mbps but that will be not very often at all I live in a rural part of England in the UK and my ISP is Plusnet if this is relevant My security type is WPA -Personal I am also a video game streamer both for watching and making my own content I mention this not as a promotional thing but it means my usage for the internet is quite high I am not especially tech-savvy so I mention that in case it matters Sorry if I have missed any relevant information and sorry to come to you with this problem I have tried sorting it on my own and even tried waiting for over a week to see if the problem would stop on its own but it s not I d be ever so grateful to anyone who can help It is worth noting that my signal strength on my computer varies but it tends to hover between and bars out of Is the issue purely on that And if so what would you recommend nbsp

A:Wifi connection slow on desktop but not on laptop

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows Vista or latter I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-slow-on-desktop-but-not-on-laptop.1156455/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, I just bought the satellite C40D and I connected wifi, but internet speed is extremely slow (.2mbps), but when i connect to Ethernet it goes unto like 19~24mbps range.
My router is d link and setting is aes wpa2-personal
I have done many research, but nothing seems to work.
Can anyone help me fix this issue? need my laptop for school work

A:extreme slow wifi connection on windows 8

Originally Posted by idea4arts

Hi, I just bought the satellite C40D and I connected wifi, but internet speed is extremely slow (.2mbps), but when i connect to Ethernet it goes unto like 19~24mbps range.
My router is d link and setting is aes wpa2-personal
I have done many research, but nothing seems to work.
Can anyone help me fix this issue? need my laptop for school work

I fixed most of my Wi-Fi issues today by updating bios. I hadn't before because it said that the current version and the one I was trying to update to were the same. Today, I thought, "What the heck? It won't hurt anything." After the subsequent reboot, Wi-Fi works awesomely.

Maybe it could work for you too?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/31040-extreme-slow-wifi-connection-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Sorry I just edited this because I realized the title said Wireless Router it s actually a gateway Can t fix it I have a Netgear CGD G Wireless Gateway and a Gateway MA laptop with after-market Windows Vista got a virus went ahead and upgraded Now when I download MB files on my Xbox Which is wired to the modem it will be downloaded in a couple slow with Netgear Only one Wireless Router CGD24G computer wireless connection, minutes or less The other computers in my house There are plenty and even more that come and go get a blazing internet connection and most of them are wireless Now this computer which had an extremely quick connection as well all of a sudden dropped off while the rest of the computers remain fast I ve gone to Speedtest net before Only one computer with slow wireless connection, Netgear CGD24G Wireless Router and after this occurred and my speed before was around mb Only one computer with slow wireless connection, Netgear CGD24G Wireless Router s and one time around AM was even upward of Only one computer with slow wireless connection, Netgear CGD24G Wireless Router mb s all of these tests were performed multiple times on different server locations I JUST did the speedtest and it came back with mb s and the UL speed was I honestly can t remember what I averaged with it prior to the problem but it was definitely higher as well This started happening a little less than a week ago and I ve downloaded changed nothing major with the computer and have mainly used it for light browsing and an occasional download Also this is mainly just a hobby fix I have a long enough cable to wire the computer straight to the gateway so I really don t want to buy new hardware or anything of that sort I just wanted to see what could be done about this Thank you Another edit I just tried this in IE because I realized I hadn t tried it with another browser but the result is the same nbsp

A:Only one computer with slow wireless connection, Netgear CGD24G Wireless Router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-one-computer-with-slow-wireless-connection-netgear-cgd24g-wireless-router.973159/
Relevancy 57.62%

I just bought a new computer and it has a wireless adapter already plugged in the USB internally It is a Realtek RTL AU Adapter Slow 8? wifi - Windows or connection problem Network Adapter I am running off wifi on other devices in my home right now and the connection is perfect for those When reading the reviews for my computer which is this one iBUYPOWER Source Series NE X Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX- GHz GB DDR TB HDD Windows -Bit - Newegg com a lot of the reviews said that they had problems with the Slow wifi connection - Adapter problem or Windows 8? wifi adapter too and the internet Slow wifi connection - Adapter problem or Windows 8? worked after they downgraded to Windows I thought that was the problem but looked into it more and some people on a different forum told me that it is not a problem with Windows and it is a problem with the Wireless Adapter I'm not too sure now because the reviews said that the adapter worked well after the downgrade I need some opinions and help because being on a slow internet connection is killing me Let me know if you need more information

A:Slow wifi connection - Adapter problem or Windows 8?

Welcome to the forum!

Latest drivers? Found some dated July here, haven't checked Realtek site yet: DriverMax search for Realtek RTL8811AU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB 2.0 Network Adapter on Windows 8.1 - 64 bit, page 0

Here is better place to get them: Realtek RTL8192EU/8813AU/RTL8811AU/RTL8812AU USB Wireless LAN ver. 1026.13.0625.2014

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/58555-slow-wifi-connection-adapter-problem-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Dell 1390 Wlan in an Inspiron 1501 running Windows XP. A few weeks ago we upgraded our Internet DSL from 500 kbps to 3mbps. I'm achiving 3m with a hard connection, but still only 500k via WiFi. To see if it was the wlan card, I installed the software and used my husband's Netgear USB wireless adapter on my Inspiron. With it I get a 3m connection. Shouldn't the Dell 1390 be able to handle a 3m connection? Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

A:Slow WiFi connection w/Dell 1390 WLAN

There should be no reason that your machine can't sustain a 3mbit connection.

Top suspect would be the wireless drivers, update them from the Dell support pages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-wifi-connection-w-dell-1390-wlan.902008/
Relevancy 56.33%

My fiance and I are in the same room as the wireless router My computer is hooked up to the ethernet itself with super-slow Laptop has suddenly Wifi Solved: integrated connection no problem there Our roommate is in another part of the house far away from the router and he says he s getting insanely fast internet My fiance s laptop which is the Compaq F duo-core laptop running Vista was working Solved: Laptop with integrated Wifi suddenly has super-slow connection great for a week or so at this house Then suddenly one day she comes home from work and her internet is running like it s hooked up to k If she hooks up to the ethernet the connection on her computer is amazing So - Roommate s integrated Wifi is working GREAT from far away from the wireless router - Problem computer is ten feet from the router itself and getting terrible speed - Definitely connected to our network with a unique name So as far as I can tell the problem is not our provider not our router and not range It seems to lie solely with the way the wireless software or possibly hardware is set up No one changed any settings before this happened but the computer is set up to update automatically If anyone has any input that could help we would be incredibly grateful We re at the end of our ropes on this one nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop with integrated Wifi suddenly has super-slow connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-with-integrated-wifi-suddenly-has-super-slow-connection.918904/
Relevancy 53.75%

how do you set up a non hex based network key on a NetGear router using netgear smart wizard? I want a password not "0a9d8er7" or something GRR. This is nothing like setting up a computer to computer network

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a computer that is connecting to the net Via a Netgear Router, it receives a IP Address from Dhcp when it starts up. I can browse the net for a while then the browser stop accessing sites. In the Corner the Wifi still says it's connected and excellent connection. Although when I ping the router I get timed out. Sometimes enabling and disabling the connection sometimes helps.
Any help will be appreciated

A:Wifi Problem Netgear

Please show the ipconfig /all for when the problem occurs and, if different, for when you have good network access ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-problem-netgear.968729/
Relevancy 53.75%

Working on installing a netgear universal WiFi range extender model # WN1000RP. We had it working before but now have a new wifi router. I was able to fine the user manual on-line. I did a factory reset and then used the WPS button to connect the extender to the router. The lights in the extender indicated that the connection had been successful, but the network options showed Netgear_EXT rather then CentryLink_EXT like it was supposed to. The manual offers a second option of selecting the Netgear_EXT network and then going to mywifiext.net for a set-up wizard. The set-up wizard starts then I am prompted with a popup box stating "authentication Required" with spaces for a User name and password. I tried a couple of things but nothing worked. I know my wifi password.

Thanks for any suggestions
Heather

A:netgear wifi extension

most of these guys sell the box with username as admin and password as password.

Have you tried?

also there is a link to this in their FAQ. i dont know if you have gone through it

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20934

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wifi-extension.1111444/
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently moved to a new home and I set up my pc and the wireless adapter can't even see the wifi despite picking up my neighbours which have very weak signals.
My phone and my laptop both see it and connect with full strength.

What do I do?

A:Netgear N300 can't see wifi

Try the factory reset. There's a a small reset button in the back, press it down (sometimes you have to use a pen if it's one of those pin hole things) for about 5 seconds and that takes it back to factory settings. At that point you can either run the install CD that came with the router, or set it up manually from your browser.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netgear-n300-cant-see-wifi.212510/
Relevancy 53.75%

Recently I purchased a new gaming computer, set it up, and connected it to my home WiFi. Today, I began downloading some new games. In the middle of downloading one of them, my internet simply ceased to work. My computer says the connection is fine, but no webpages will load. This problem has occurred to me before, and was solved by reserving a spot on the WiFi network for my old computer. However, I tried doing so for my new computer and it did not work. Any suggestions are welcome, thank you for your time.

A:NETGEAR WiFi Problems

Need System specs. Also it helps to know where the router is placed, the model of it. Also post a copy of the output from the command window for "netsh wlan show all" without the quotes. You need to go into the desktop, open up the Command window, and after it runs the command I posted. Right click on the top bar of the Command Window, choose "Select All", then "Copy". Then paste the output into a reply on here.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/51039-netgear-wifi-problems.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I recently set up a wifi extension using a NetGear WN3000RE. I have initially connected a laptop and a phone to the extension nextwork then finished the set up. I have now tried to connect another laptop to the same network (this one is a windows vista) and the session will always timeout before I can connect.

Can any one give me any advice?

Cheers in advance!

A:Wifi extension help (NetGear WN3000RE)

Have you tried to connect your last laptop when the other two devices are not connected?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26822-wifi-extension-help-netgear-wn3000re.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have recently done a hard reset to my netgear WNDR3300, and, as I did when i originally got the device, I tried using the Setup CD. I have my DSL modem connected only to my desktop computer, and then i put in the CD. I only get as far as the first step on the installation before it says either, "Internet Connection not Available" or "Network Adapter Problem". Now, this must not be possible, because I have full access to the internet right now in posting this thread. What must I do in order to make setup via CD possible?

I am not exactly computer-literate, so please put in terms and step sizes a newbie would understand.

I apologize if this thread is a repeat, but i am desperate to find the answer.

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere; I've tried searching but couldn't find a definitive answer...

Basically, I'm just wondering about compatibility issues with the 64 bit version of Vista. I'd previously tried XP64 after I upgraded my system to an Athlon64 processor, but had to go back to XP SP2 when I discovered that I couldn't use the wifi PCI card in my machine because it's made by Netgear, who've resolutely refused to release any 64 bit drivers for any of their products.

So my question is simple; does Vista x64 provide 64 bit generic driver software for hardware which was previously unsupported?

Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-64-bit-and-netgear-wifi-card.540631/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all, I have recently just moved house and changed my ISP to Virgin media.I previously had setup a Netgear wifi extender (model vm3000Rp v3) to my old Talk Talk router. I have now successfully connected the extender to the new Virgin router. However when I try and add my desktop PC upstairs to the extender my PC only picks up the extender as "Talk Talk EXT" (my old setup) and so it wont connect. Is there anyway I can remove the old setup from the extender and start a fresh installation?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/netgear-wifi-extender-new-isp-old-setup-4600746/
Relevancy 52.89%

If I have Xfinity why did my husband even hook up the Netgear router wifi with Xfinity router what If need I Netgear I have do 61 a Gateway R My husband seems to know everything I do On the Internet and seems to block me from accessing some things Yes we do share a wireless HP printer the Xfinity router but the Gateway router only seems to be hooked up to my computer I am a novice and am trying to understand what is going on I am not part of a network sharing with his laptop as when I If I have Xfinity with wifi what do I need Netgear 61 router click on the home group sharing it indicates I am If I have Xfinity with wifi what do I need Netgear 61 router not part of a home group Now my husband has access to my computer is in my office which is If I have Xfinity with wifi what do I need Netgear 61 router I'm in the room next to his office and I recently changed my log on password but once I log on my password is automatically entered for my email so he can access that I haven't made any changes to that because I feel defeated before I start He my old on on password Once when I was on his lap top I found he had pictures I had just scanned on my computer to upload on Facebook How did he get those My brother told me it was of sharing but I'm not in a group sharing I' have to go I have an appointment I'm going to be late for to go

A:If I have Xfinity with wifi what do I need Netgear 61 router

I think your problem is one more suited to a marriage guidance counsellor than a technical forum.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/if-i-have-xfinity-with-wifi-what-do-i-need-netgear-61-router/203643.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm posting from my phone because right now its my only access.

I have a Netgear Router model number WNR2000
I have a Gateway GM5260 model computer using windows xp.

I am currently trying to connect to my awesome neighbor's wifi connection that they so lovingly bestowed on me and my family the other day.

Herein lies my problem:
I cannot get their router and my own to connect. I'm a networking noob and could really use some assistance.
I've got a their wireless password, my router, and my ethernet cable connecting my router to my pc.
Do I need to pick up a wireless antenna to connect to my router as well?
Should I have my neighbor push the connectivity button on his router?
Dunno where to go from here.
Please help!
Thanks be in advance to anyone who understands wtf I'm going through and knows how to fix it

A:wifi connect using netgear router

I am currently trying to connect to my awesome neighbor's wifi connection that they so lovingly bestowed on me and my family the other day.Click to expand...

Actually they are breaking the ISP agreement in most countries.
The agreement will state that the broadband can only be used in one premises , this is so that people cannot provide neighbours with wifi ....

so as this is also against our rules - closing post

http://www.techguy.org/rules.html
WiFi "Piggybacking" / "Wardriving" - We do not support the act of using someone else's Internet without permission. Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connect-using-netgear-router.993131/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a netgear router and recently i just purchased a iphone. for some reason my wifi connection does not work on my iphone. i have connected 2 desktop and 1 laptop through wifi with my netgear and it works fine. However, my wifi connects with my iphone but the webpage just doesnt load. Can it be my router blocking the connection through my phone? I know it is not my iphone so it have to be my netgear wifi. Is there is specific setting needed for my router in order for my iphone wifi to work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-netgear-router-wifi.846463/
Relevancy 52.46%

I got this card to get on the internet and i got it installed the icon is on the toolbar its picking up my router and it connects to it but the thing has to say connected to internet but instead it says connected to router i need help.

the wifi card is a Netgear WG511T and the laptop is an old IBM I series running windows 98 32mb of ram Pentium(r) 2 CPU

any help please

A:Problems with netgear wifi laptop card

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On the W98 machine, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type COMMAND to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-netgear-wifi-laptop-card.809781/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a netgear wifi adapter, 3100v2 and I'm getting an error message when trying to connect to wifi, saying it can't be established.

As far as I know I have the latest drivers for the wifi adapter and also downloaded netgear wifi genie to see available wifi signals.

I am 100% putting in the correct password. Tried about 10x.

Any ideas on what I can do to get it to connect to wifi?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383168-netgear-wifi-adapter-3100v2-not-connecting.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I recently switched internet service providers from AT&T to Time Warner and ever since I have been unable to connect to my Netgear router with my computer's wifi. However, I have successfully connected my TV wirelessly to said router. One other note, my computer's wifi seems to recognize that the netgear router is there but it just refuses to connect me to the internet. Please help me rectify the issue, much appreciated!

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello group Hoping you all can help because I am at my wits end and nearly beyond frustration I saw basically an identical thread to my issue but was never really answered and was closed I recently purchased a Netgear N All wireless devices connect and work wonderfully But all of my computers would not communicate with my HP with WiFi Thinking maybe the network card or whatever may have been fried And wanting one of the new HP ePrint printers I bought an OfficeJet today It connects great to the Wireless network and the ePrint works decent But WiFI Not HP and N600 Netgear Solved: Printing NONE of my computers will communicate with the printer It was assigned an Solved: Netgear N600 and HP WiFI Not Printing IP from the router Trying to add printer through Windows it cannot find printer Try to add printer using the IP address and cannot find printer I ping the IP and nothing I searched through all the Netgear settings and couldn t see anything that seems like it would affect this pre post edit Well rather than deleting this post before I even submitted While typing this post I was was going through the settings on the Netgear N and saw there is a checkbox under quot Wireless Setup quot called quot Enable Wireless Isolation quot Soon as I unchecked that the computers so far saw the new printer The wife is angry that I blew on a new printer but at least we have ePrint now Mods please delete this if you think a self-answered post is redundant nbsp

A:Solved: Netgear N600 and HP WiFI Not Printing

thanks for taking the time to provide the update, i suspect it will help others with the same problem or just trying to get wireless and LAN connected devices to communicate with each other

Mods please delete this if you think a self-answered post is redundantClick to expand...

I think this should be left open - but i have marked solved -

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-netgear-n600-and-hp-wifi-not-printing.1056476/
Relevancy 51.6%

Is there any way i can boost the incoming signal to my netgear wifi adapter,only fifty yards from router and showing two bars on meter

Relevancy 51.6%

this is nuts.... how to merely disable wifi, period.
turn OFFF the wifi radio on shiny new Netgear WNR1000.... I have the "easy setup manual" and find no reference to the task
There is a setting to turn off SSID broadcast, but if the "WIFI On" lamp/LED on the unit is reliable indicator of the radio's carrier band, it is still "on"

A:How do I turn OFF Wifi Netgear 150N model WNR1000v.-whatever

there should be a wireless on/off button somewhere on the router. I dont have this model so i dont know exactly where it is on yours. But go here and you should be able to find out how to do it: Netgear

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/314882-how-do-i-turn-off-wifi-netgear-150n-model-wnr1000v-whatever.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hi im having a problem with my netgear vmdg480 wifi router, something happens to it at least once a week and getting a bit fed up with it!!

ok my router is on and i have 2 lights showing 1 is flashing blue the other is green and the 3rd is the wifi light which is not on!! and will not turn on even after switching off for 5 minutes and after reseting the router. It was working fine in the morning and now will not activate the wifi on the router ive looked through other forums but nobody has helped if anyone knows what the problem is let me know thanks

A:virgin media netgear vmdg480 wifi problem

sorry this is a virgin media router im on about

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virgin-media-netgear-vmdg480-wifi-problem.1031032/
Relevancy 51.6%

The router I'm connecting it with is a bright house RCA dwg855t. I go through the setup and the net gear device isn't receiving an IP address from the router.

A:issues setting up netgear wn300rp wifi extender

http://support.netgear.com/app/products/model/a_id/18167

installation guide
http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/WN3000RP/Documentation/IG/WN3000RP_IG_12SEPT2011.pdf
User manual
ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/WN3000RP/Documentation/UM/WN3000RP_UM_27JUN2011.pdf

are you using the correct wireless security key - try setting up with out any security on your wireless network - see if it works like that , then add the security

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-setting-up-netgear-wn300rp-wifi-extender.1029508/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have two computers with problems over that work fine an All in one Sony that has a qualcom and a new l x dell laptop with a dell also atheros I have these issues with the sony for a few years - and just wrote it off as a computer problem - we have had the sony tech come out and replace the entire motherboard wifi module and he couldn t figure out what the problem was what made me link the issue with Atheros and the router was that my new laptop is behaving the same way as the sony They both show connected to interenet windows Atheros incompatible? Netgear with WNDR3700 modules? wifi bit sony and windows dell I get an IP address and I can ping websites If I click to watch the network traffic on the local connection status activity I can see bytes received every second I have updated the sonys and dells drivers to the latest one both from sony dells site and from atheros download site as well - but it doesn t seem to make any difference any suggestions as to what to do to get this to work is the problem with the atheros drivers or Netgear WNDR3700 incompatible? with Atheros wifi modules? with the router The router also states its fully up to date Hardware Version WNDR Firmware Version V NA GUI Language Version V nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all,

Today I installed the latest netgear drivers for this wireless adapter of mine to hopefully improve my wifi signal on my PC, as it has been a bit slow recently and I thought the drivers were outdated or something. However since doing this my WiFi has now decided to disconect all the time meaning I am not really able to use the internet anymore. It just disconects me and I have to just re-conect again all the time. I have no removed those drivers and the problem still persists. Can anyone help?

Internet service provider is Virgin Media, also using a netgear router. I have AVG 2014 free on my PC. If anymore info is required I will add it

I have Windows 7 Enterprise N, a desktop not a laptop. Cheers,

Henry

A:WiFi disconects all the time on my PC-using Netgear WN311B adapter

Have you checked Event Viewer for clues?

Don't know if this would help but I had a similar problem that was not easy to find the cause of. I had my router set up to a static IP for my PC, but because of a bug in my Netgear router it couldn't handle Mac addresses beginning with something else than 00. So the router always kept trying to reconnect my PC because it couldn't allocate the correct IP to it.
The solution was to disable obtain IP automatically on my PC, and set a static IP outside the DHCP interval from my router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/345067-wifi-disconects-all-time-my-pc-using-netgear-wn311b-adapter.html
Relevancy 51.6%

After I reparied my LCD screen my wifi is not detectable at all. I went here on HP and downloaded I believe the certain files needed which are both  Realtek files bgn wireless driver and Lan filemediatek driver and adapteras well Qualcomm Atheros So if there is anything else I should please feel free to let me know orange light is on wifi only works, with usb hotspot. When I go into my systems and go to networks realtek controller is the only thing listed 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-only-works-with-NETGEAR-HOTSPOT-in-usb-orange-light-is/td-p/5661286
Relevancy 51.6%

Okay it's now Sep and I went around in circles to figure this out I saw the able WNDA3100v2 adapte Not WiFi or Netgear Enable to a A6200 same issues to the point of knowing the driver was installed bu tthe Netgear tools never enable the WNDA v and one Not able to Enable a Netgear WNDA3100v2 or A6200 WiFi adapte cannot manually enable it either Also tried a USB A device with the same results However I did make this work and it's kind of simple in my case I was running the free Zone Labs Firewall A V Not able to Enable a Netgear WNDA3100v2 or A6200 WiFi adapte package And who's A V package do they use you ask Kaspersky Kaspersky has a known issue with allowing proper installation of Netgear USB wireless adapters So I followed the recommended guidense of a full uninstall of any Netgear WNDA v and A drivers and software Then a full uninstall of Zone Labs tools reboot the computer then reinstalled the WNDA v software Followed the directions recognition of the USB WiFi adapter was instant Changed the device setting for being Enabled to auto connect if wired adapter is not connected and here we are fully functional Of course now I need to reinstall Zone Labs software which according to the write up I read at Zome Labs it should all just work now Try this method if nothing else seems to work

A:Not able to Enable a Netgear WNDA3100v2 or A6200 WiFi adapte

Can't recall your original post just now... But thank you for the workaround you seem to have discovered/executed. It may (as you suggest) help others with a similar/the same problem...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/not-able-to-enable-a-netgear-wnda3100v2-or-a6200-wifi-adapte/19045.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a home network with an XP 64, and Linux SUSE 11.1 64 bit, hard wired to a Netgear WGR614v7 router connected to Clearwire wireless modem. I've connected to the network with an old laptop with Cisco wifi card. I had minimum problems connecting with the early wifi.

I just bought a new laptop with Vista, soon to be Win 7 I hope. When I try and connect to the network with wifi, I get limited access. I'm running WEP, authentication - automatic, 128 bit, and have typed the same "passphrase" more than once on both the router and in Vista. I'm not familar with WEP, and Vista. The problem seems to be in Vista authenticating the passphrase. If I could clear the network setup in Vista that would be a good start.

Larry

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-laptop-vista-wifi-to-netgear-router-wgr614v7-problem.137552/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

My desktop encountered some random BSODs after installing the Wifi adapter.

Also, my desktop had random freezes too and I'm not sure if the freezes and BSODs are related.

I've attached the zipped file for the BSODs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/396938-random-bsod-after-installing-netgear-a6210-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 51.17%

So I downloaded and installed/uninstalled/reinstalled a few times and for some reason my computer still isn't seeing the Netgear wireless wifi adapter.

What do I need to do?

Thanks.

A:Netgear wireles wifi adapter still isn't working after driver install?

If you just bought it, you can call Netgear at 1-888-638-4327 for tech help (it free for the first month or so, then they charge for it).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/373918-netgear-wireles-wifi-adapter-still-isnt-working-after-driver-install.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello

I recently got the newest NETGEAR router device, the NETGEAR Nighthawk X8 AC5300 Smart WiFi Router, and I am unable to connect to the 5GHz WiFi it provides on its Tri-band WiFi. I am currently only on its 2.4GHz WIFI, which I assume is lesser than the 5G. I am able to connect to the 5GHz on my smart phone, so I know it exists from the router. I am running a windows 8.1 currently on a desktop on an HP Envy 700-213 Desktop PC.

Edit: My computer supports 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n radio types - which supports 5GHz WiFi
My adapter is a Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

Any ideas for why I am unable to connect to this WiFi?

A:Unable to connect to 5GHz Wifi on NETGEAR Tri-Band Router

The most likely explanation is that the wifi adapter in your HP Envy 700-213 doesn't support the 5Ghz band.

If you really want to connect at 5Ghz you will need to get a new wifi adapter for your computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/71352-unable-connect-5ghz-wifi-netgear-tri-band-router.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I've had experience this problem for a while now on my newly built windows rig Every few hours my Wifi simply stops working the connection is lost Sometimes it reconnects after a minute or so Most of the time I would need to manually disable enable the wifi adapter in my Network Settings to get it back up again It happened with a relatively expensive adapter that I bought not to long ago - Netgear A USB dual-band wifi adapter I found 2 hours (tested adapters) loses connection wifi on every Wifi diff few a thread about this issue here I've not been able to resolve it with any of the tips provided including downloading a generic rd party Mediatek driver I've used this same adapter without Wifi loses connection every few hours (tested on 2 diff wifi adapters) this problem on my older Win machine I thought maybe this adapter quot went bad quot So I tried to replace this adapter with an older Wifi adapter made by Rosewill using older Rosewill drivers The same issue occurs Again this Rosewill adapter worked perfectly in my Win system So I have a hunch the problem is Windows itself Does it not place nicely with existing or older wifi adapters on the market Would I need to buy a new adapter specifically certified for Windows Anyone have any insights on this would be greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53944-wifi-loses-connection-every-few-hours-tested-2-diff-wifi-adapters.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all - you might notice this is my first post here so patience is appreciated So here s my story I have cable internet through Cox renting a Netgear CG with over freezing strong Netgear Internet router constantly signal from wifi D gateway from them Starting about a month after installation the internet started freezing over wifi I say freezing because it would just suddenly stop and the only way to get it to start coming through again is to reset wifi from the device This happens with every device we use smartphones tablets laptops wii and lately it s been at least a dozen times a day I ve spent hours on the phone with Cox had their techs out to the house three times now and still no solution I ll admit that I m no expert when it comes to this stuff but I really don t appreciate them charging me a pop to come to my house and ask if I tried resetting the modem suggesting I just unplug it for a minute tell me it s working fine after they hold a signal on their phone for seconds one spent a couple hours knocking around outside before coming back in to say he ran all new cables drilled holes through my house to move the modem to a better spot and everything should be fine It s not Anyway after hours of research online I m convinced the problem is somewhere in the modem s settings or just a faulty modem I Internet constantly freezing over wifi with strong signal from Netgear router ve lost hope in getting any help from Cox so am here hoping that someone with some real knowledge can help me There are no issues with the wifi signal itself - it s always strong - just the internet coming over it Internet constantly freezing over wifi with strong signal from Netgear router drops out often as frequently as every seconds I can t stream a song watch a video download or even update an app over wifi on my smartphone If this info helps it happens every day with two iPhones a Wii an iPad a MacBook running OSX and various Android phones and tablets of friends I ve only tried basic things like changing the channel in the wireless network settings with no luck I d be Internet constantly freezing over wifi with strong signal from Netgear router happy to post any info that anyone would need to help just tell me what you need nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-constantly-freezing-over-wifi-with-strong-signal-from-netgear-router.1081512/
Relevancy 50.74%

Yikes! I have 12 documents to print immediately and I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

I have a MacBook Pro laptop.

My printer is a Samsung 620ND Laser Printer.

Can someone walk me through this before my meltdown has a meltdown. The documents I have to print are to receive a job offer and I can't get the damn things printed!

Thanks,

Writergal/Dawn

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-ac1200-wifi-router-model-r6100-cant-find-my-printer.1163275/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I think this is the th USB Wifi AC1200 update problems NETGEAR 10 anniversary windows WiFi A6210 adapter that i have tried to use with windows after the anniversary update to create a hotspot adhoc Mainly using the program connectify Befor doing this NETGEAR A6210 AC1200 WiFi windows 10 anniversary update problems update my USD wifi was fine i was forced to update windows for the new game forza that came out not to long ago it wouldn't allow me to download or install the game without this actual update on pc sadly it has broken my wifi adaptors the drivers and software no longer work correctly Please direct your attention to screen shot on the left side the device comes up as a lan card in the middle of the screen shot you will see it showing up top But the Microsoft hosted network adaptor isnt enable or showing up correctly I need this to be able to make and start the hotspot adhoc it doesn't think its a wifi adaptor anymore on the right side you can see there no sharing options etc on the wi fi properties basically useless Now i will plug in a little tp link usb adaptor one that can't reach where i need it to i'll leave the net gear plugged in as well Now can we go to screen shot please You will see on the left side now the Microsoft wi-fi adaptor has enabled it self Now on the netgear wifi properties it now has its sharing options back But when i try to make a adhoc using connectify or the windows command prompt way they use the little tp link wifi adaptor and not the net gear one is there a way when creating a adhoc to some how tell it to use the other device and not the shitty tp link adaptor is there a way to get Microsoft to fix this problem and whatever they broke in there update to roll it back lol I have had the anniversary update for more then days and i dont feel like formatting my system i have to much stuff and it would be a pain in the ass help please xD

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/68576-netgear-a6210-ac1200-wifi-windows-10-anniversary-update-problems.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently found out that I can connect my computer to my screen using an HDMI cord. I attempted to do so, but the screen image went off the screen on all directions, so I re-connected the original serial cord. But since then I have only had 2 bars for my internet service, and I used to have all 5 bars. I've tried adjusting the antennas, raising the router higher, nothing seems to fix the issue. I dont know why this happened, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:Solved: Dell XPS studio - Netgear-24-G - wifi issue after HDMI connect

Thanks for the help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-xps-studio-netgear-24-g-wifi-issue-after-hdmi-connect.1042504/
Relevancy 50.74%

guys i have a strange problem with my WiFi lately
yesterday the my laptop lost the connection to my WiFi modem and when i tried to search it my laptop not find any WiFi modem but the other device such as: my smartphone detect it normally. but after that, i tried windows troubleshooting and it found that "you've lost your internet connect" and suggest some way to solve this problem, i followed the instruction and voila, my internet connection appear again but next 4 hours, it's dead again, i went to troubleshooting and it worked fine again.
so guys please help me to solve this annoying problem...
thanks before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-lost-wifi-connection-and-cant-detect-wifi.1108989/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I have purchased hp-15-ba025au yesterday. After installing Windows 10 64 bit, I found that wifi is missing.  I am not seeing Wifi under device manager. Though I can see bluetooth. I am seeing one "Network Controller" under "Other devices". Not sure if it would help. Cheers,Dharmender 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:hp-15-ba025au wifi adapter and wifi connection missing

Hi: The parts list for your notebook indicates it comes with a Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=X5Q25PA Below are the links to the wireless and bluetooth drivers you need for that model wlan card... This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75613.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75614.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-15-ba025au-wifi-adapter-and-wifi-connection-missing/td-p/5693227
Relevancy 50.31%

Although I am connected to our but No 13 ... internet Wifi Wifi on via Folio laptop connection wireless network on the Folio there is no internet connection I can however connect to the internet via Wifi on two other household laptops both of them HP so I believe the problem is with the Folio itself I can also connect to other computers on the network on the Folio but something is preventing it from getting on the internet I can only get the internet via hardwired ethernet connection on the Folio I have tried the following fixes multiple times No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... without success nbsp -Run the Windows troubleshooter for Internet Network It says the connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken But not on other wifi computers here--works fine -Reboot Reset the modem -Disable Renable the wifi adapter Intel Centrino Wireless N -Update wifi No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... adapter driver it says driver is up to date -Uninstall reinstall wifi adapter-Remove Wifi Network from list of available networks reboot add this network back in-Roll back all No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... Windows updates from the past month-Searched self-help forums for a possible solution nbsp And yes the wifi keyboard light is blue not orange nbsp Can someone help please

A:No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ...

Hi A visual reference point... From your description the fault is either with an app or hardware issue.  But if you follow the paths you may actually find the correct resolution. AAND I doubt I can can come up with anything new, but confirmation of the settings from your description, may help me to. So as an administrator, in a Command Prompt window (or copy and paste the whole netfixer.bat) short version... C:\WINDOWS\system32>getmacPhysical Address    Transport Name=================== ============================================48-E2-44-54-66-27   \Device\Tcpip_{F5FF31F1-C343-42B0-B6A9-BD17E49ED64C}B0-5A-DA-DE-84-28   Media disconnected48-E2-44-54-66-28   Media disconnected 1x Wi-FI, 1 x B/Tooth & 1 x Ethernet ----------------------------------------C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show interfacesThere is 1 interface on the system:    Name                   : WiFi 2    Description            : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    GUID                   : f5ff31f1-c343-42b0-b6a9-bd17e49ed64c    Physical address       : 48:e2:44:54:66:27    State                  : connected    SSID                   : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX    BSSID                  : 10:0d:7f:cf:2b:da    Network type           : Infrastructure    Radio type             : 802.11n    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal    Cipher                 : CCMP    Connection mode        : Auto Connect    Channel                : 11    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 72    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 72    Signal                 : 87%    Profile                : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------------------You can swap interfaces for drivers and settings, if you so choose. ------------------------------------------------------------- :: NetFixer.bat, Copy, Paste & Save As...:: Use a text editor (Notepad). Then edit:: the file, EG-Remove the :: in front of:: ::ipconfig -all >>IP.txt to make a txt:: file called IP.txt to read thru later.:: Run as Administrator for best [email protected] THIS MAY HELP TO REPAIR / RECTIFY,@ECHO VERY, SIMPLE NETWORK [email protected]@ECHO THE RESULTS MAY VARY ACCORDING [email protected] YOUR CONFIGURATION AND USER [email protected] A RE-BOOT MUST BE DONE AFTER [email protected] SOME OF THE CHECKS OPTIONED [email protected]:[email protected] TYPE IN YOUR PREFERRED MENU [email protected]@[email protected] 0 - PING_LO Ping test to [email protected] 1 - PING_MS Ping test to [email protected] 2 - GET_MAC Obtain MAC address(es)@ECHO 3 - GET_IPs Lists all IP [email protected] 4 - IP... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-internet-connection-on-Folio-13-laptop-via-Wifi-but-Wifi/td-p/5613506
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi All

Same old problem internet connection poor. I have a NETGEAR router and use WG311T Wireless PCI Adopters, have two other putters running on this router no problems, win7 very poor connection one bar at best, started out with the hoemgroup and after reading on this forum I switched to workgroup still poor contact any suggestions??

Don

PS
as usual I'm not as stupid as I sound......LOL
I know the only stupid question is the one not asked!

A:NETGEAR connection

You might want to try using the Vista drivers for your Netgear PCI adaptors, Win 7 may have installed a generic version. It may even help to install them in Vista compatiblity mode.

I posted a link to your Netgear PCI adaptor drivers below. Be sure and get the version number correct also. You can expand the view to see the other versions.
http://kb.netgear.com/app/products/model/a_id/2567

What model and version is your Netgear router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/61206-netgear-connection.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I m having connection problems with a Netgear DG G wireless modem router It s connected via a cable to a Dell pc supplied with Windows Vista Home Premium and a self-built pc running Windows XP SP with a Netgear USB wireless adapter This was set up about months ago and worked well until the last week or so I m in the habit of starting both pcs in the morning and leave them running throughout the day using them as and when I want need to For about a week or two it has started to get quot tired quot in the late evening around midnight when the connection becomes inconsistent and I can t fix it despite trying to reconnect etc but the next morning it s ok again - until this morning when I had to do a restore on it to get any connection at all What s really bizarre is that sometimes the XP pc can get internet access while the Dell can t sometimes the mail servers aren t found I only have email on the Dell but no internet access and at other times there is some internet access but no mail service Looking at the network sometimes a connection is shown and at other times the local net is good but not the internet access using the Netgear administration page to connect sometimes works and sometimes doesn t Sometimes the network detect and repair tells me there s a problem but it can t repair it as it wasn t set up using a MS wizard At other times it problems connection Netgear doesn t detecet a problem at all The icon in the system tray usually has a pair of screens witha globe o show local and internet connections but sometimes the globe disappears indicating that internet access is no longer Netgear connection problems available However sometimes the globe is there but I can t access the web even though I try to use the Netgear admin function to connect Device Manager shows the network adapter is working normally when I haven t got internet access I ve tried pinging the router address when I have no internet and get a response but when I try pinging a web site with a name Google the ping fails Does this indicate a problem attaching to a DN server I hope I ve explained the circumstances and given the right information - I ve exhausted my tiny knowledge about telecomms and would welcome any advice and help to try to resolve this very frustrating problem Thanks in advance Trevor nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello everyone I m using a G Netgear WG Wireless USB Adapter I m only going by what the box says It works most days but there have been problems with getting on certain sites I tried to get on Twitter and the internet connection just turns off At first I thought it was my wireless router I use a connection issues Netgear Verizon SCH-LC GLTE but my sister-in-law was able to access any site from her Laptop All I know about it is that it is a Mini with built-in WiFi and has Windows So my question is Netgear connection issues can someone help me with my problems As of late it disconnects when I get Netgear connection issues on a website to many times as it disconnected me after I tried to get onto my colleges website to check my exams which is VERY frustrating as I had to use a proxy site just to check I ve notice that it allows me access the website if I don t mess with the website for a few days Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-connection-issues.1031150/
Relevancy 49.45%

Occasionally my internet connection will just stop randomly yet it'll still say that I'm connected by showing the wifi symbol in the top corner. I checked my wireless 150 netgear and none of the numbers from 1-3 are colored either yellow or orange or blue or any other color that they could be. As for the modem all but the online and send are full on yellow. The online wont even come up at all whereas the send will just blink. Any feedback whatsoever will help. Thx

A:Netgear Connection Problems

Sonnyd said:

As for the modem all but the online and send are full on yellow. The online wont even come up at all whereas the send will just blink.Click to expand...

Most of your post is confusing to me, but the above quoted part indicates that you probably have cable internet service and that there is a problem with the coax cabling--either the ISP's portion or yours. Could also just be a "simple" ISP problem, but in those cases usually the Receive LED will just blink.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-connection-problems.1163112/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am using a Netgear router on a wireless system. I installed everything correctly and it was working fine, until now. My laptop computer now instead of linking to the "NETGEAR2" network, links to the "linksys" network. How can I make it switch back?

Relevancy 49.45%

I have Windows laptops with a Netgear DGND router can connect fine the other can see the network but cannot connect I have tried resetting everything to default router winsock TCP IP - all to no avail Ipconfig for working laptop Windows IP Configuration Host Name Misc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - C-CA- - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter can't connect Netgear connection see Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Netgear see connection can't connect Physical Address C- F- E-D -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f ec Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December Lease Expires December Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - D- B-D - - - C-CA- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap F B - - EF -BF F-C A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D F - A - D E-BBDA-A A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb f ae c Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f ae c Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ipconfig for non-connecting laptop Windows IP Configuration Host Name User-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - E- - - B- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link BGN Physical Address - E- - - B- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address - - E-B - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C DF - B C- C- E - E ED DD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CDC- EFC- A - D -FF FCEF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap mshome net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes gt C Windows system gt ping Pinging with bytes of data PING transmit failed General failure PING transmit failed General failure PING transmit failed General failure PING transmit failed General failure Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Ping results also All drivers are up to date Run out of things to try any help would be ... Read more

A:Netgear see connection can't connect

on the faulty PC can you install xirrus and post a screen shot
what firewall do you have or ever had on the PC - norton, mcafee etc

is there a switch on the laptop for the wireless at all ?

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-see-connection-cant-connect.1030713/
Relevancy 49.45%

I want to connect two of my Netgear routers. One of the routers is a Netgear RP614 and the other router is a Netgear RP114. I want to have my server off of the RP614 router and my home network off of the RP114 router. The reason for this, is that I want to forward the sever ports to the server, while having the other router not have any ports open. Also, I will want to be able to view the sites that I am hosting (my routers have loopback). So is this possible?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-two-netgear-routers.119550/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Netgear router that is connected to a desktop. We have it security encrypted. From there it is wirelessly connected to three other computers.

I just got an HP Vista laptop that I want to connect to the network. I have put the MAC address (which wasn't easy to find since it's not on the back like most laptops) for the laptop into the Netgear access list, however for some reason when I pull up the wireless networks available, I get all of my neighbors unsecured connections, but not my Netgear connection.

Is there something else I need to do to my laptop to get access to our wireless connection.

Thanks for any help!

Relevancy 49.45%

So, as most people know you get OviMaps free with near enough every Nokia Phone. But, here's a snag, so far i've noticed you need an internet connection for it all to work. Is there a way to download the UK maps to my N900 OviMap's Software so when im driving around i don't need an internet connection all the time?

Semi.

A:N900 + OviMaps

I have the OVI maps on my noika, but the only time I needed a connection was to download/update it. It works fine on the road.

It maybe that the app is trying to update itself, is there something in the options you can that you can disable?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/n900-ovimaps.959765/
Relevancy 49.45%

hi
i have a nokia N900 phone and this is the error messag am getting when i switch on the phone,
All telephony functions, including emergency calls, are disabled due to a
communication error. To recover, you might have to reboot the device.
any one with the soluiton to is. help

A:Nokia N900

open the back, take out the battery and then remove the SIM card.

replace the battery and power-on. of course it will not run, but it resets the
firmware.

shutdown and reinstall the SIM and try again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nokia-n900.171709/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I have a new Aspire ES ES - -P C with Windows I can connect to my wifi-router 13 - connection Wifi unstable / Wifi Es ran... Aspire and access the internet but the connection randomly drops after a couple of minutes I can Aspire Es 13 - unstable Wifi connection / Wifi ran... reconnect sometimes after running the windows troubleshooter The wifi-chip is a broadcom BCM It seems that there's an issue with the driver and or Windows Wifi works perfectly on Ubuntu-Linux booted from USB nbsp Here's what I've already tried - reboot of router- turn off all the energy-saving stuff in the device-manager- uninstall old drivers- install new drivers from the Acer site- install all windows updates- install driver in compatibility-mode windows - reset windows delete everything and reinstall windows from recovery nbsp The question really is if this is a known problem with the driver or the OS If so then I could install Windows But I'm very close to sending the laptop back because I really don't want to waste my time nbsp fixing a newly bought preconfigured laptop nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Aspire Es 13 - unstable Wifi connection / Wifi ran...

I had similar problem with ES15.  It started by dropping wifi after about one hour of use, then got worse...Also was plagued with the infamous "red x" over the network icon down in tray at bottom. After slight improvement when I updated the firmware (it was out of date), problem degraded to point that I could not connect at all, even with re-booting. Finally, even no internet with ethernet!   Problem finally solved by doing the following: press "control/alt/delete" all at once, select "Task Manager",click "Services Tab" at top, click "status" tab on line just below the tabs: this will re-sort the services alphabetically together according to their status's (ie running, stopped)...click again on status until all the services in the top  of the list you are seeing all say "stopped". Carefully begin going down the list top to end of services that are stopped, any stopped service that contains a reference to network, connection, connectivity, discovery,x-box,wireless, LAN, WAN, homegroup,:click on it (memorize the service name), right click on it: select "open services" find that service in the alphabetical list,(notice the descriptions here are very detailed now) RIGHT CLICK IT, select "Properties" select "Start", If startup type is not "Automatic", select "Automatic", click apply. Go back to the previous services page, continue down the list from previous service (that you just changed) and find the next one, repeat above steps. It may be faster to make a handwrite a list of all the stopped services as described above, then open the more in depth services page where you can then make the services automatic and start them one after the other. I did this to about 20 services, then rebooted and have never had a problem connecting with wifi or ehternet again! (and never getting the red x anymore either).  This method was used well after live tech support chat with Acer tech support. I wish I could offer a specific service that actually was the culprit, but I was so frustrated by the time I finally tried this, I had lost the patience to deal with documenting the changed services. Once it's fixed you can always go back and turn off services back to manual, but If I did that I would immediately make sure it has not degraded my wifi connectivity before continuing with more! Hope this helps, 'cause I'm Lovin' it! (I am seeing wifi's all around my house I never saw before!)Good luck....Ron   

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-Es-13-unstable-Wifi-connection-Wifi-randomly-disconnects/td-p/394267
Relevancy 49.02%

hello.

i have cable internet that is connected to a belkin wireless router. one computer gets slow internet access when connected to this. multiple other computers get better speed. the one affected computer gets fast speeds when accessing the internet at other locations, like a friend's house. also, the affected computer gets fast speeds when connected to the router by a cable.

so the problem seems to be very specific to the connection between these specific devices.

the laptop in question is a thinkpad e420 running windows 7.

thank you in advance for any solutions or suggestions you might have.

A:Solved: slow net with 1 computer and home wifi, but not other computers or other wifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-net-with-1-computer-and-home-wifi-but-not-other-computers-or-other-wifi.1085104/
Relevancy 49.02%

I had issue connecting through the wireless and I accidentally deleted my wired network. I did a hard reset on the Netgear router and have been trying to setup the router with no avail.

When I connect directly from the DSL modem to the PC all is well. (DSL modem = SpeedTouch Home) ISP=Bellsouth. Add the router (that I bought in December of '08) and I get no connection.

I was getting an IP ADDRESS ERROR message and through reading the other postings. I did
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Now when I try to setup the router it just tells me NO CONNECTION.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there i m having quite some problems setting up the VPN connections both client to gateway and gateway to gateway of the NETGEAR Between and Prosafe Connection FVS318 Netgear VPN FVS In VPN Connection Between FVS318 and Netgear Prosafe front of the Netgear fvs i have a speedtouch v in a bridge mode so the fvs has a WAN IP Regarding the client-to-gateway connection using the Netgear Prosafe VPN client these are the logs when i try to connect - My Connections ltest - Initiating IKE Phase IP ADDR xxx xxx xxx - VPN Connection Between FVS318 and Netgear Prosafe My Connections ltest - SENDING gt gt gt gt ISAKMP OAK MM SA VID x - My Connections ltest - RECEIVED lt lt lt ISAKMP OAK INFO NOTIFY NO PROPOSAL CHOSEN - My Connections ltest - Discarding IKE SA negotiation The logs on the FVS side are the following - - IKE PHASE from xxx xxx xxx START responder - - RECEIVED FIRST MESSAGE OF MAIN MODE - - lt POLICY gt PAYLOADS SA PROP VPN Connection Between FVS318 and Netgear Prosafe TRANS VID VID - - ERROR NO MATCHING ISAKMP PROPOSAL FOR DIALUP CASE - - SENDING NOTIFY MSG - - NO PROPOSAL CHOSEN - - SENT OUT INFORMATIONAL EXCHANGE MESSAGE - - lt POLICY gt PAYLOADS NOTIFY I ve tried to follow the instructions on the Netgear manual to set up a client to gateway connection but aparently with no great luck Does anyone has a clue about what is hapenning here Thanks in advance Miguel Carvalho nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-connection-between-fvs318-and-netgear-prosafe.540190/
Relevancy 49.02%

I got a netgear router earlier this year wireless G I think because I wanted to use the PS s wifi capabilities rather than with Slowed Connection on Netgear Super PS3 resort to a long bulky ethernet cable spanning across my house Until a few months ago my connection was fantastic I never had a problem EVER online Then I stopped playing my PS for a while and when I came back to LittleBigPlanet which I m told has laggy servers anyways Super Slowed Connection on PS3 with Netgear my connection was TERRIBLE I couldn t find games Super Slowed Connection on PS3 with Netgear I couldn t join games and Super Slowed Connection on PS3 with Netgear when people joined my games they disconnected soon thereafter I tested my connection on Borderlands and it was equally as slow So recently I decided quot fine I ll just go wired quot and it worked great for a few hours My connection speed was mb s and it ran smoothly I tried wireless once more and I got about the same reading mb s So I went wireless for the night and it worked great Yesterday I tried again mb s so I figured quot Meh I ll just go wired again for a bit quot mb s wired Barely worth it since I could join games but it took forever to connect and when I did I would often disconnect ANYWAYS I am using a PS GB model which is quot A fat one shaped like a foreman grill quot as I have heard said I am using a Netgear WGR v I really don t know anything about internet connections but my PS is roughly ft away from my router and always read The thing that trips me up though is that my PC connection is very good most of the time I don t know exactly all the info you guys need but thank you very much making a Chic-Fil-A run now I ll post more deets later THANKS nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I am trying to set up WPA security on my new Dell Inspiron Laptop,

When I go to "Help and Support" for instructions it says:

"The Set Up a Network wizard will guide you through setting up a security key.

Click to open Set Up a Network."

My problem is when I "Click to open Set up a Network" it only shows my neighbor's router [A Linksys WRT110]. My Netgear WGR614v6 does not show up as an option to connect to.

How may I resolve this issue?

Thank you

A:WPA connection to my Netgear Router does not appear as an option

Hi,

Is your router currently broadcasting a wireless signal? If it is, is "Broadcast SSID" or similar turned ON?

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/218116-wpa-connection-my-netgear-router-does-not-appear-option.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Im trying to connect to my house to wireless/ landline internet. The modem is connected to the router, the wirless router is then connected to a switchboard which is connected via ethernet cables to other peoples computers including a cable into mine.

The intenet works fine for my computer, but for my house mates both the wirless internet and standard internet (through an ethernet cable) isnt working.

The router is a NETGEAR G cable router WGR614. The wirless status light is off which indicates that "the wireless port isnt inintialised".

The internet status light is on amber which means that "the ethernet cable is connected but the router has not got an internet address". How do i set an address

Could you help please.

Will

Relevancy 49.02%

I just got a Netgear DGND3300 Modem router, I have set it up and connected to the internet. The router works on 'dual band' 2.4gHz and 5gHz.

On one of my laptops I try to connect to the 5gHz band and it works perfectly. But on one of my older laptops, the wireless card only supports 2.4gHz, so i have to connect to the 2.4gHz band, but there is a problem. I get an error message saying 'Wireless association failed because Windows did not recieve any response from the wireless router or access point'

I have tryed moving closer to the router, but nothing seems to be working.

Can anyone help?

A:Netgear DGND3300 connection problem

Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, paste a screen shot of the main screen here. Do this on the laptop that works, and then again on the laptop that can't connect. I would like to compare what they see.
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-dgnd3300-connection-problem.898621/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Paradyne DSL modem connected to a Netgear WGR wireless router This set-up has been working great for over a year A couple of weeks ago my DSL or so I thought quit working while I was using it No big deal I just let it be Connection No router Netgear with Solved: DSL thinking it would be up the next day Solved: No DSL Connection with Netgear router Next day same thing so I started the normal troubleshooting Everything looked like it should so I connected directly to the DSL modem and everything worked fine I decided my Netgear had bit the dust even though everything looked good I Solved: No DSL Connection with Netgear router tried another router and had the same results so I purchased a new Netgear because I wasn t sure of the configurations for the second router Same thing In order to connect the modem directly to the computer I have to enter the IP Gateway and DNS numbers in my PC so I know my numbers are still valid Any ideas as to why my DSL will no longer work through a router I can access the routers internal configuration from my pc so I know the connection between those two are good When I set the Netgear back to factory defaults it was able to detect what type of connection I have so I assume the connection between the modem and the Netgear is good I tried disabling my firewall temporarily I am at a loss as to what to try next I know several people who have the exact set-up at their homes and are working fine The troubleshooting was performed on my wired Windows XP Home desktop however I also tried wireless with my Windows XP Professional laptop Any suggestions Thanks in advance for your assistance nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

O/S windows vista. I am trying to connect to the wireless internet through the Netgear router my roommates have at my new place. All of their devices work using the passphrase, but when I try to connect, in my network and sharing center it says that it is connected to their network (which shows up as unidentified) but not connected to the internet. I have tried resetting the router, as well as unplugging it and plugging it back in. When I called Netgear, they said they could fix it, but that I would have to enroll in their $150 per year tech support plan. Any free fixes?

A:Netgear router connection issues

Have you checked your network connections are all set to Auto:

Code:
Start>>Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center
Then:

Code:
Top Left >Change Adaptor Settings
Select: Wireless Adaptor>>right click and select properties

Highlight
Code:
Internet Protocol Version4 (TCP/IP)
:

Select properties and make sure that:

Code:
Obtain Ip Address Automatically
Is selected
and also

Code:
Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically
Is selected

Worth a shot, but post back if the above is already in the preferred state.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/netgear-router-connection-issues-647065.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I m continuing the closed thread http forums techguy org networking -netgear-n -loses-wireless-connection html I have the same problem Mediacom is my cable provider They came out a few months ago and thought the problem was their Motorola modem They replaced it with an RCA Thomsen which worked great for about months Now I am losing my connection at least once a day I started to download the new Netgear Firmware update but in the middle of that you guessed it the connection dropped So now my router is useless There s probably a way to reset it but I haven t found that yet And so far the Netgear phone is locked inside the router somewhere I m hard-wired to the RCA modem now so we ll see I have a feeling after reading the previous thread that my connection will be fine Just in case I have my own cable modem needed for a previous cable provider and a new Netgear N -frequency router I have a feeling one the other or my cable guy on Saturday will fix the WiFi portion of this problem nbsp

A:Netgear N300 Loses Connection

Have you tried to find the recessed reset button on the router? It should be along the back near the power switch\port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-n300-loses-connection.1094283/
Relevancy 49.02%

In my enviroment there is comps static ip on all with the same Solved: connection and netgear windows 7 subnet The desktop pc windows xp has an ethernet connection through a lan modem router and there is a port switch that I used to use for the other rooms in my house Me and my wife now have replaced a few of the pc s with new ones and we she does want wireless I have a netgear wireless router I have placed it online with it s own ethernet slot since that Solved: netgear and windows 7 connection line it no longer being used I have disabled the dhcp and gave it it s own ip address I can get a remote connection to see the setup and other settings that is there wirelessly I cannot get a wireless connection from the laptop pc windows bit It shows connected unidentified network no interned access ivp shows configured for static ip and correct gateway and dns is there something that I am missing I have not tried to change the environment location of the wireless router yet I am open for any and all suggestions The only thing that I can think of that I have not done yet is disable the firewall on the wireless router nbsp

A:Solved: netgear and windows 7 connection

Try temporarily disabling the firewall on your wireless machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-netgear-and-windows-7-connection.1003678/
Relevancy 49.02%

ISP - Adelphia Modem - SurfBoard SB Who names these - - Router - Netgear RP OS - XPHome Well this has irritated me for the last hour so I m giving up thinking about it I had this router working for about six months until it started randomly dropping the connection so I simply unplugged it and connected directly to the modem Now I have a second Well fourth but it s going to be connected to port computer that I want to get online with at the same time and do some updating An older Medion that my aunt Issue. RP614 Connection... Netgear had for her kids that I rescued after they somehow ruined the OS - Fresh XPHome install on it now so eh So I hooked it up like new today and it ll gladly find an IP but it ll be damned before it ll let either computer connect to the internet The IP addresses are statically set for the LAN to and default gateway Netgear RP614 Connection... Issue. kept obv My laptop connects just fine directly with the modem but the desktop I just rescued doesn t so that s another issue I ll have to work on My aunt s in-laws brought it to some quot computer guy quot they know who among other things took out the nice sound card I put in for them when the on-board decided to take a dump quot Having two sound cards ruins the motherboard quot - Referring to the on-board sound being a card on its own that wasn t working anyhow and told them that quot All the games they play give them viruses quot Referring in a wtf way to the store-bought games they played Netgear RP614 Connection... Issue. without Netgear RP614 Connection... Issue. even going online once since it stopped connecting to the internet after the first time it went to those quot computer guys quot and got toyed with reformatted who knows what else when they had a spyware virus issue that they didn t want to quot bother me quot with But that s nearly irrelevant as I haven t really even gotten to that computer yet That was more of a quick mini-rant Due to the fact that I m halfway to a Network Administration degree I get angry when they don t even ask for my help and get even more frustrated when something I m nearly SURE should work refuses to So back to the issue at hand - I can see that it got the IP via the admin console only after MAC spoofing I haven t tried to get everything to work without MAC spoofing again anyhow I tried once and decided to give spoofing a shot but I have to run off to work in about minutes so I ve given up on it for now and was hoping I could get an extra brain or two thinking along with me Sorry for the long ramble but thanks for reading it I hope someone can come up with something I didn t couldn t And on a totally random note as I already have your attention will a GeForce FX be sufficient for Oblivion Thanks guys gals tentacle-creatures - Rick nbsp

A:Netgear RP614 Connection... Issue.

It sounds like your ISP requires a registered MAC in order for it to function properly.

Since your laptop works connected directly to the modem have you input that laptops MAC into the router for it to get an IP and then see if the desktop and the laptop will connect out through it?

BTW on the graphics card question -

Unofficially supported graphics chipsets :
+ GeForce FX 5200, GeForce FX 5500, GeForce FX 5600, GeForce FX 5700, GeForce FX 5800, GeForce FX 5900 & GeForce FX 5950

It will work but not great -

Oh yeah and tenticle creatures rock!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-rp614-connection-issue.458151/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a big problem when i use alot of bandwidth it losses the connection and i have to unplug the MODEM for it to work again the orange button on the modem which says pc activity just stays orange. I think it is the router because it began to happen when i bought the router.

It happens when i download stuff for a period of time it losses the connection and when i have been using it for som hours it losses connection without downloading.

Yesterday i couldnt even have it on for 5 min because i was watching a streaming movie. and downloading some music LEGAL it neve rhappend that often but today it is fine again but still looses the connection within some hours at a time.

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,
currently i use Netgear DG834G v5 router and i am unable to access the internet both wired and wireless.i used this router since november and this is the first time i have these prbs. i contacted my internet provider and they checked the line and they said that is working properly. i changed the dns servers and the problem remains unsolved!i only have access on the internet only when i restart the router and for the next 10-15mins. i dont know if there is something with the firewall. i recently changed the antivirus from norton to avira but i didnt have any prbs when i changed it.
what do u think?
thanks in advance!

A:Netgear router-internet connection

closed continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/925588-netgear-router-internet-connection.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-internet-connection.925594/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Guys I m having N300 Netgear dropping Connection a weird problem and i m utterly frustrated with it Please help me fix this problem Here s whats going on I have computers at home desktop wired directly from my router and the others desktop and laptops have wireless connection Recently my wireless connection is dropping frequently This is the pattern i have noticed It doesn t drop when i m working on something or once its connected But once i turn off all my computers it drops But it doesn t drop all the time and is very random Once one computer is connected all the others are working and when it doesn Netgear N300 dropping Connection t connect none of them works in spite of showing the name of my wireless connection in the available wireless connections list And all of a sudden it ll start working again without me doing anything Sometimes i ll Netgear N300 dropping Connection restart the router or power cycle the modem and it ll work but there s no specific pattern But the interesting thing is that my wired connection from Netgear N300 dropping Connection my router is always connected and there s no problem whatsoever with that connection Please help me I really don t know how to fix it and its very frustrating My router is about months old and i really don t know what to do I have so many things but not getting any result Will eagerly wait for some response thanks in advance arka nbsp

A:Netgear N300 dropping Connection

i would reset the router to factory default and then reconfigure - see if that helps
Next
Look for a firmware update and install the latest firmware on the router
Next
See if you can get it replaced under warranty

lets see a xirrus and look at the wireless environment
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-n300-dropping-connection.991054/