Windows Support Forum

WLAN issue - WiFi can't connect

Q: WLAN issue - WiFi can't connect

Hi Having a WLAN problem with our Dell XPS Z running Windows Home Premium When I click on the network connections icon in the task bar it lists only Dial-up and VPN but gives no WiFi options This problem started several months ago WLAN connect - WiFi issue can't but I ve ignored it WLAN issue - WiFi can't connect until now The problem is not our router as I am currently connected to our wifi network using on another WLAN issue - WiFi can't connect laptop The problem laptop is able to connect to the internet through the router with WLAN issue - WiFi can't connect an ethernet cable If I go to Network Connections in the control panel it lists Wireless Network Connection and indicates the hardware is Intel Centrino Advanced N Here are things I ve tried to do so far none of which has resolved the problem - Ran MalwareBytes and AVG no problems found - Disable and re-enable the Wireless Network Connection Result no change - Diagnose the Wireless Network Connection Result Problems found the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer Not fixed - In Device Manager checked the Intel adapter - says it is working properly Tried updating the driver says it s the most up to date driver - Ran netsh winsock reset int ipv reset and int ipv reset and restarted the computer Result no change - System restore Looked into it but didn t do it because all the saved restore points are after the problem started - Ran services msc and tried to start the WLAN AutoConfig Result Error The authentivation service is unknown - Ran the System File Checker tool Result found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them Checking the log I searched for cannot repair but nothing comes up Searching for cannot in the logs turns up some cases of cannot verify component files for Microsoft-Windows-Security-Kerberos Search for corrupt turns up nothing - Tried the things listed here http www justanswer com software fr d-hello-again-molinari-i-question-you html For the first set of suggestions - the start entries in the Ndisuio folders were already at Deleted text as instructed in quot DependOnService quot and EapHost quot and restarted the computer Result no change - For the second set of suggestions on that page making changes to specific services in services msc I got the same exact results as that person except that this fixed their problem but not mine Notably I could not find Native wifi filter or NDIS usermode io protocol and for Remote Access Auto Connection Manager and Remote Access Connection Manager I get Error The dependency service or group failed to start I then tried to start Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service as suggested It says it started then stopped Some services stop automatically if not in use by other services or programs That s what I ve tried I see that Native wifi filter or NDIS usermode io protocol are listed in the dependencies for the WLAN AutoConfig and these services are not showing up in my services list Any chance this is part of the problem If so how do I resolve that Any other suggestions Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: WLAN issue - WiFi can't connect

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 69.23%

Dear Members I have been facing the issue of frequent Vostro 64 Windows 1704, - Loss Issue bit, 10 WLAN Wifi Dell - DW Frequent 3446, wifi disconnection for the past - months The problem get sorted out temporarily after running netsh command or after resetting WIFI adapter or rolling back to an older version However this never Frequent Wifi Loss Issue - Windows 10 - 64 bit, Dell Vostro 3446, DW 1704, WLAN has been a permanent solution The problem further aggravated after Window Anniversary update in July I am hardly using my WIFI after Frequent Wifi Loss Issue - Windows 10 - 64 bit, Dell Vostro 3446, DW 1704, WLAN this update I use a Dell Vostro laptop with DW - WLAN Card The part number of WLAN card is R GW - OS Windows Home Single Language Edition with bit I upgraded from Windows What I have already tried doing - Network adapter reset using feature provided in window and also by running netsh command in Command Prompt Have tried rolling back the driver but it works temporarily Have tried installing re-installing drivers listed on Dell support page of my PC however every driver shows error after installation Tried windows troubleshooter - this used to fix my problem after November update but after March updates it didn't resolve my disconnection issue Have tried using almost every suggestion provided on various MS and Dell Community Forums I also unchecked the setting of 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' in Power Management of the wireless network adapter And optimised the wireless settings as suggested by Dell but none worked Unfortunately I have run out of Dell Warranty Support hence can't contact them In this case can someone please provide me with a specific solution to deal with this issue I will be happy to supply more information Best regards Tej

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440945-frequent-wifi-loss-issue-windows-10-64-bit-dell-vostro-3446-dw-1704-wlan.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Yesterday my WiFi went out and I am trying to figure out why Short summary Windows never had any connectivity issues Landlord has the router Fios I have an Optimum Cable account if I need a WiFi back up or WiFi on the go The hardware WiFi to network issue: Connect Can't this to connect to WiFi are http www amazon com gp product WiFi issue: Can't Connect to this network B WXSO psc WiFi issue: Can't Connect to this network amp redirect true amp ref oh aui detailpage o s http www amazon com gp product B GR YI psc amp redirect true amp ref oh aui detailpage o s primary adapter I have had the two adapter set up for a while now and never had an issue with conflicting hardware issues I have used the Fios router ever since I moved in the place using both Windows and with no issues However now I cannot connect to either the Fios and Optimum accounts anymore I have disabled all adapters and enabled one at a time nothing I have uninstalled all adapters rebooted the PC and reinstalled nothing I have physically taken the adapter out of the PC and reinserted the card nothing I have moved the antenna adapter to different USB slots nothing I do not have access to the Fios router so I cannot to a hard reset I do not have an ethernet connection I did not receive any Avast alerts at all before or after the disconnect Landlord said he did not change any of the Fios settings including the passcode I am at work and will not be able to do any fixes until I get home tonight I have run out of ideas Whe I get home I will run a visus scan and Malware Bytes scan just to be certain but I find it odd that both adapter will not allow me to connect anymore Edit Just found this thread and will post my results in the morning https forums techguy org threads cant-connect-to-this-network I also use both the Windows and Avast firewall They have never conflicted before and I have not had any issues with them running nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, haven't been here for a long time! I'm currently having a problem with using WiFi on Windows 8. I can't seem to connect to the internet at all over WiFi. Previously I randomly had issues where my internet connection would randomly drop off. After trying to reset TCP/IP and reinstalling the network drivers I found I could not connect over the internet at all. Ethernet works perfectly fine, but I don't have an Ethernet connection to run to the room I use my laptop in. Does anyone have any ideas? I have an Acer Aspire 7736g with an Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN according to Device Manager.

A:WiFi internet connection issue (cannot connect to interne)

What type of router are you using, brand model, type of security and encryption etc.?

Can you post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30717-wifi-internet-connection-issue-cannot-connect-interne.html
Relevancy 59.77%

One of the laptops at work is having issues, and I think someone with monkey hands screwed something up. As "the computer guy", it's on me to get it fixed.

His Windows 7 computer will not connect to a wifi network. It can detect them (so I know the radio is on), but after half a beat, I get that "windows was unable to connect" message".

Thinking it was the internal card, I connected my external antenna, and got the same error. So I think I can rule out hardware. I tried using an identical laptop from work, and that one connected with no problem. So I think I can rule out any issues with my router.

I've updated all the possible drivers on the computer, Windows is up to date, and i've disabled IPV6.

Here's where it gets weird. He can get an intermittent connection when he uses his phone's hotspot.

A:Windows 7 wont connect to wifi (not a hardware / router issue)

can we see an ipconfig /all and an xirrus
also
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

have you tried a restore to a working date ?

usually company PCs are configured in such a way - that we are unable to provide assistance - as we may suggest doing something which is outside the companies process/rules

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

Wi-Fi Inspector | Xirrus
Direct link to the program is here Wi-Fi Inspector Confirmation

{If the above link does not work heres another link Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector | PCWorld}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus...-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/windows-7-wont-connect-to-wifi-not-a-hardware-router-issue-669259.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I recently found out that I can connect my computer to my screen using an HDMI cord. I attempted to do so, but the screen image went off the screen on all directions, so I re-connected the original serial cord. But since then I have only had 2 bars for my internet service, and I used to have all 5 bars. I've tried adjusting the antennas, raising the router higher, nothing seems to fix the issue. I dont know why this happened, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:Solved: Dell XPS studio - Netgear-24-G - wifi issue after HDMI connect

Thanks for the help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-xps-studio-netgear-24-g-wifi-issue-after-hdmi-connect.1042504/
Relevancy 56.76%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 55.47%

win 7 pro
I have an old Internet Gateway - with access point
Thomson TG585 v7 , b/g WiFi + Ethernet 100Mbps

I have installed XAMPP local server

WLAN IP 192.168.10.X worked in the past i think - access XAMPP WEB PAGES - from mobiles wireless devices, but now not work...
I have to have two IPs one for access point WiFi WLAN and one for LAN Ethernet?
Although my mobile devices get WiFi i have only one connection - access point not shown in Network Connections win 7... ONLY GIGABIT ETHERNET SHOWN But as said mobile devices get online without problem.

how access XAMPP files from Mobile Devices on WLAN?

http://192.168.10.8/OOJS/index.html this works in pc but not on mobile

A:I have to have two IPs one for access point WiFi WLAN and one for LAN

I think prior 1mo or so i could access from mobile... via WLAN.

PLEASE SEE THE VIDEO HERE:
Find your computer's IP address - Windows Help

HAS BOTH LAN AND WLAN CONNECTIONS IN NETWORK CONNECTIONS , AND FINDS IP FOR WLAN.

Well why me only LAN IN NETWORK CONNECTIONS not WLAN?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342273-i-have-have-two-ips-one-access-point-wifi-wlan-one-lan.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all I have to the WLAN work as rather Router on from a WiFi LAN a a typical situation in my Internet and LAN setup My ISP provides me with a direct LAN cable that I need to connect either into my PC or into the WiFi Router WLAN port I also have a LAN that I need to connect to so I have installed a separate LAN card for the internal LAN purposes My two setups are below with their issues I hope someone can suggest a middle grounds to have a LAN and a WiFi too Scenario The ISP cable goes into the WLAN port of the Router Cables from the router goes into my PC network card and to other PCs for LAN purposes The PC cards are all configured to automatic IP LAN Internet WiFi is now available This works fine for a few days and then the internet stops working because there is a conflict of IP The ISP expects IPs like xxx and the one on the LAN Router for my PC is Scenario Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN The ISP cable goes into network card internet sharing is enabled Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN and automatic IP with the ISP s expected IP xxx Another cable goes from my PC s network card fixed IP into the regular LAN port of the same Router Without any issues over the months the Internet works the LAN works other PCs have fixed IPs too etc but no Wifi Can I have best of both the worlds in such a situation I can t install a rd network card for sure as the slot on the mother board is limited Please advise Thanks in advance Bhavbhuti nbsp

A:Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN

Code:

Scenario-1
isp==>(wan)router-->PC card-1, et al (conflict 123.237,234.xxx v 192.168.1.100)

Scenario-2
ISP===->pc card-1
pc card-2==>router
scenario-1 is a configuration or firmware condition
scenario-2 is a real security issue and the primary PC is basically acting as a DMZ server and is at risk.
Here's my setup:
Code:

isp==(wan)router-1--- PCs in the same room
|
+---(lan)router-2(with wifi) - - - wifi connections in the den

configuration to make this work with full file/print sharing:
router-2:

disable DHCP in this router
setup all WiFi settings here
notice: router-2 wan slot is left empty to make this work
Router-1:

set LAN address of router one as you please (eg: 192.168.1.1 )

set an address reservation for router-2's MAC -> a fixed, constant IP address on that same subnet (eg 192.168.1.254)
set the DHCP range small (eg 2-32)
router-1 will control all auto-ip assignments for both routers.

Personally, I add another tweak;

reserve ip addresses for all of my devices into the low-end of the dhcp range (say 2-10) and
let 'guests' take addresses above 10
This gives the opportunity to allow file/print sharing to known systems (2-10) and disallow for the guests.

Setup totally within the routers allow my laptop to travel and not be effected by these choices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-to-work-as-a-wifi-on-the-lan-rather-from-a-wlan.207258/
Relevancy 55.47%

My WLAN button on my compaq presario cq57 is not working how can I turn on my wifi from my computer?

A:Wifi WLAN button not working

First check the status of your adapter in Device Manager, then if that is OK go to Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center. In the upper left corned, click on Change Adapter Settings, then look at the status of the adapter; right click it and see if the option to Enable is available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wlan-button-not-working.1155517/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, the problem I have is that every time i shutdown and power back on, my Wifi, WLAN and all the USB drivers are not working.

I found all I have to do is disable and then enable the Wifi / WLAN drivers in device manager, to start them working. And I found that If I uninstall all the USB devices in device manager they then reinstall automatically.

But then when I reboot then they are not working again.

I tried a system restore to when the drivers were working but they don't change.

I have downloaded the latest drivers from Intel's website, and tried DriverMax which says the drivers are the latest version.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on a Dell Studio 1555. The Wifi / WLAN drivers are Intel.

I've tried searching on google but I haven't come across anyone with this problem. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

A:Wifi, WLAN and USB drivers disable after every reboot

re install the drivers using Dells recommended drivers http://support.dell.com/support/down...nConsent=False
hope this helps you , if you have any problems please post back

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/64936-wifi-wlan-usb-drivers-disable-after-every-reboot.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a problem with my notebook Lenovo e31-70: I can't detect all wifi network around me.  Only if I am near a wifi router i can see Wifi Network.

I have intel pro Wireless, i downloaded driver from Lenovo support (17.14.1.1) and from intel .
I have windows 7 Professional 64bit

Is there any problem with Wifi wireless card?

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/E31-70-Wlan-problem-Notebook-wifi-detection-network/td-p/2205894
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi fellas First of all sorry if some of you find this thread duplicate but I couldn't find one closely related to my case And the case is as follows On my HP dv - eq laptop with Atheros WiFi chipset the WiFi 'WLAN 'random' autoconfig' to dissconnects due WiFi connection drops at 'random' intervals after the laptop has been started The only thing that solves this issue albeit for short is manually disabling and then re-enabling the WLAN device from Network Adapters This manifested few months ago alas I didn't recall what I might have changed back then Sometimes it drops almost immediately after boot sometimes it takes hours to do so WiFi 'random' dissconnects due to 'WLAN autoconfig' The lappy has user accounts Exactly the same behavior on all three of them Now the only thing I could see as a possible reason from the event logs is that right before the drop an event 'WLAN Autoconfig has successfully stopped ' occurs Without any further explanation So far when I boot in Safe Mode with Networking this issue doesn't present itself for as many hours as the laptop runs Tried disabling few programs firewall antivir etc but still the same Any help is highly appreciated and I am ready to fully cooperate Thanks

A:WiFi 'random' dissconnects due to 'WLAN autoconfig'

Hi dstoynev,

By any chance are you using a Wireless Manager for your laptop?

If you have not done this yet, please remove all wireless profiles stored in your computer.
Easy Way to Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 7
Re add your SSID (wireless network) that you're trying to connect to with the correct encryption.

Have you updated your Wi-Fi adapter's driver to the latest by downloading it from the manufacturer's site?

If none of the above suggestions worked please install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector from one of your wireless computers. Double click the Xirrus Icon on your Desktop, Tap the Printscreen key on your keyboard, open up Paint then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then SAVE it. Upload and attached the file here.

An update will be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212523-wifi-random-dissconnects-due-wlan-autoconfig.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, Need Network Drivers (WLAN, WIFI, etc) for HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab15nr on Windows 7 ? Please let me know from where i can download it. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Need-Network-Drivers-WLAN-WIFI-etc-for-HP-Pavilion-15/td-p/5753295
Relevancy 54.61%

I have 135Mbps link speed support ADSL WI-FI router. I have enabled 802.11b+g+n wireless mode and use 20+40 MHz on my router. I use "WAP-PSK" authentication. In addition to that, have a 2.4 & 5 GHz frequency support router and client device.

But my network connection display (WLAN) I have a 54Mbps link speed, why is that? How do I use 135Mbps or at least 100Mbps link speed? Is it a some configuration issue? My Ethernet connection show full speed (100Mbps).

(I'm not talking about my internet connection speed).

A:Help me to use full speed my WiFi connection ( WLAN)

Brand and model of the router and the wifi card or usb thats in your PC might help, thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/270919-help-me-use-full-speed-my-wifi-connection-wlan.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My laptop used to be connected

1. wirelessly to a wireless router and
2. physically to a switch via ethernet cable to access other PCs on site

For years, I was able to

1. enjoy wireless internet access and
2. transfer big files to my other PCs via ethernet, having prioritised the LAN connection

All was well. After two months absence from work, I found the wireless router was broken, so I bought two new ones, same model as before, just in case. Windows 7 Enterprise also updated in the meantime.

Now, when the ethernet cable is plugged in, I have no wireless internet access ("Attempting to Authenticate... forever); when the ethernet cable is not plugged in, I have instant wireless access.

What could I do? I am puzzled... Thanks in advance for any advice!

A:Ethernet LAN and WIFI / WLAN not working simultaneously

Hi ... What is the Model Number of your Laptop ... Some Laptops have a feature in the BIOS which will enable both connections ...

You should check there first especially if you Laptop is an HP ...

Also check out the Solutions in the Link below ...
How to use Wireless and Wired Connection both at a same time in Windows 7? - Super User

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363638-ethernet-lan-wifi-wlan-not-working-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 54.61%

This is an old iPAQ Compaq HNW- pcmcia card I m trying to install under XP w sp You can skip Transport Solved: ? - WLAN WiFi Required Is for It everything else as I am just curious IF How to install the WLAN transport under Network Properties These are the drivers links I have Solved: WLAN Transport - Is It Required for WiFi ? used I m pretty sure all one needs is the newest Apr driver utility the Microsoft website didn t list anything for me once I had these installed http hp mydriversdownload com hp- -for-Windows-XP-Hom-Edition html http www wireless-driver com download hp compaq-ipaq- mbps-wireless-pc-card-windows-xp-driver htm TITLE Compaq iPAQ Wireless PC Card Driver for Windows XP Version V Dec Operating System s Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Windows XP Professional File name sp exe MB Download Download DESCRIPTION This contains the Windows XP driver for the Compaq iPAQ Wireless PC Card for use with any computer running Windows XP that has a PCMCIA slot This is the same driver that was in SoftPaq SP but it is packaged differently for easier installation LANGUAGE S English ENHANCEMENT S - New deployment for easier installation More details available in README TXT file unpacked when SoftPaq is executed http www wireless-driver com download hp compaq-hp-ipaq- mbps-wireless-pc-card-driver-utility htm http www wireless-driver com download hp compaq-hp-ipaq- mbps-wireless-pc-card-driver-utility htm PART NUMBER - A- Device Name Compaq Mbps Wireless PC Card Device ID PCMCIA COMPAQ- MBPS WIRELESS PC CARD- B TITLE iPAQ Mbps Wireless PC Card Driver and Configuration Utility VERSION Rev C Apr File name sp exe MB DOES NOT SAY XP I also found this updated link for the sp http h www hp com ewfrf wc amp product amp sw lang amp key null amp site null Now originally i noted this did not work for XP Wellllllll the information now contained inside the notes says it does I was able to install the drivers without fuss drivers first then insert the card and all seemed well without any issue but I never did try to connect It had listed that it seen some networks But once I noticed that WLAN was not listed under the Network Properties Control Panel -- gt Start -- gt Run -- gt ncpa cpl i aborted and started doing some referencing I thought WLAN was a requirement for MS Windows So really my only question is will wifi work without WLAN or what issues can one expect Thank You nbsp

A:Solved: WLAN Transport - Is It Required for WiFi ?

Well, I tried the update/control package/driver called SP20429. Needless to say it did nothing! There are sites listing this as a compatible XP driver. BS!

What did work was this item from the Microsoft Windows Update site (auto detected)

( www.update.microsoft.com ) :

"GemTek Technology Co., Ltd - Networking - Compaq 11 Mbps Wireless Pc Card
Compaq Corporation Net Driver Version 2.10.24

GemTek Technology Co., Ltd - Networking - Compaq 11 Mbps Wireless Pc Card
Date last published: 5/17/2004
Compaq Corporation Net Driver Version 2.10.24"

As you can see it lists this as a Gemtek Taiwan product for this Compaq/iPAQ HNW-100.

Normaly, you are suppose to install the drivers THEN insert this Pcmcia card. Well, you have to do just the opposite if you want the MS update site to find the driver. Insert the card and have another connection to the internet to access the website.

Or, find this file "SP19978.exe" (i found it searching online/links listed) it should get you online to check for further MS updates. The version info on the sp19978 file should be a newer item as its version is noted as v2.10.29.1029. Whether the release date of DEC 14, 2001 I've referenced is correct is unknown. Note that you could have issues if you have more then one connection and you may need to reboot. The original versions of XP and some products are a pain in the arse to make work.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS EITHER NOT CORRECT, OUTDATED, OR requires some other pertinent setting (i think its outdated or listed incorrectly):

For file SP20429 it does not to work. at least by itself! I have found it listed as compatible with XP but it explicity states CE and 2002 (ce?) and says nothing about XP in the install notes contained upon executing the file.

Links and info to sp20429:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...09&product=218401&sw_lang=&key=null&site=null

Description: This contains the software to support the Compaq iPAQ 11 Mbps Wireless PC Card on handheld devices using Windows CE 3.0, Windows for Pocket PC 2000, or Windows for Pocket PC 2002, and on notebooks that have an available PCMCIA slot and run Windows CE 3.0.
Details and specifications
File name: sp20429.exe [1/1, 1.24M]
Released: 2002-04-25
Version: 1.7.29 C

Compatibility: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows CE for H/PC, Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows for Pocket PC 2000, Microsoft Windows ME, Microsoft Windows for Pocket PC 2002
Fix/Enhancement: •Supports Package For The Web.
•Allows the Wireless PC Card to be used with WEP and 802.1x encrypted access points.
--------End non-valid info

Additional correct info and settings
WLAN is "wireless Lan" is a Wireless Network Card control protocol/language. WLAN is also an additional transport protocol that may or may not be required and either will or will not be included in your driver updates, period.

With XP and later (and possibly 2k) you can control your Wifi-NiC (Wireless Network Interface Card) by opening up your "Computer Management" Snap-In control panel which is accessed by typing "compmgmt.msc" into your Start/Run box.

Then Look under "Services" and then under "Wireless Zero Config" (WZC). Once you have found it select the properties. Under this new popup window will be these required settings: set to "Auto", "Enabled", and "Started". Thats it. These settings should not require a reboot.

Need a driver to get you going? You can either try using driverguide with the above info or use the following SP19978 (2.3mb). Between this driver and using the Windows WZC controls which is very basic and requires only TCP-IP to get you up and running and you should not have issue outside the stock settings if everything is set to auto-obtain and the firewall is off (f... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wlan-transport-is-it-required-for-wifi.968078/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello all
I just bought a leguang N-120 usb wifi wlan card out door antenna for my windows 7 dell laptop. It works great getting 4 bars from 2000 feet away.I need to know where I can find a wireless router for it so I can use it on other computers in house. I tried using mhotspot but cannot get it to work.

A:leguang n-120 wifi usb wlan card need wireless router

From website, it seems pretty straight forward to set up.

Maybe you need to disable the on-board wireless, in case you haven't done that yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371865-leguang-n-120-wifi-usb-wlan-card-need-wireless-router.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Dell 1390 Wlan in an Inspiron 1501 running Windows XP. A few weeks ago we upgraded our Internet DSL from 500 kbps to 3mbps. I'm achiving 3m with a hard connection, but still only 500k via WiFi. To see if it was the wlan card, I installed the software and used my husband's Netgear USB wireless adapter on my Inspiron. With it I get a 3m connection. Shouldn't the Dell 1390 be able to handle a 3m connection? Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

A:Slow WiFi connection w/Dell 1390 WLAN

There should be no reason that your machine can't sustain a 3mbit connection.

Top suspect would be the wireless drivers, update them from the Dell support pages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-wifi-connection-w-dell-1390-wlan.902008/
Relevancy 54.18%

Greetings guys, I've run into some network issues here.  I've noticed that my wifi signal became very poor, like modem is 2 feet from me, and laptop has very poor wifi signal (it wasn't like that before). I opened the laptop to see what's going on. I saw this wifi card ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/792608-005-792200-001-GENUINE-HP-WIRELESS-BLUETOOTH-CARD-ENVY-M6-P-M6-P113DX... ) . It has 2 connectors, BUT only one antenna attached to it. Where is the other antenna ? I'm pretty sure they should always include 2 antennas ? I've tried searching for it, but i didn't want to go further and disassemble all other stuff, since i don't know if i am losing warranty by it. but from what i could see, there wasn't second antenna included. I don't know why is my signal so poor, it wasn't like this before. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/15-ac035nm-Only-one-wlan-aerial-antenna-really-poor-wifi/td-p/5743636
Relevancy 54.18%

guys this one has me stumped cold. Dell Inspiron laptop, very clean software wise, had original mini-card [internal] which could not detect any wifi networks - known good wifi AP's. All the windows checked showed the device working properly but I finally replaced it with one of the better "n" cards out there. Same thing all over again. Put it right next to a working AP, cannot detect a thing. Antennae is hooked up properly.

If I plug a good WIFI stick into USB, it works immediately, no drama.

I have no idea what is preventing this from detecting anything. What should I be looking for?

A:WLAN Mini-card Good, but cannot detect WIFI ??

Hi zapp22,

It appears that the 'Wireless Card' is currently 'Disabled'; please check its status in 'BIOS' and 'enable' it if needed. To access 'BIOS' you may follow the steps listed below:
- Power off the laptop > Power it back on and at 'Dell splash screen', repeatedly tap 'F 2 key' (BIOS screen should appear) > Usually 'Dell Inspiron' laptops have a 'category' named 'Advanced' > Ensure that WLAN is enabled > 'Save Settings' and 'Exit'
(Note: BIOS setup may vary based on different laptop models)

If the wireless card still does not detect any networks in 'Windows', try tapping <Function><F2> or only <F2> if the previous key combination does not work. This is the 'radio control' for the 'Wireless Card' installed in the system.

Hope this helps. Do reply with the finding; would be glad to assist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/271108-wlan-mini-card-good-but-cannot-detect-wifi.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I want to start by has no card? Do I a WLAN HELP! options?! Network new need WiFi Adapter saying I have no business trying to fix this on my own but I am determined it has to be something simple I can not pin point what I did to cause my Wi Fi to stop working or disable I have tried all the trouble shooting solutions but unfortunately my magic F button will not enable let alone show the option when ghosted I took my keyboard off and verified the Realtek RTL SE is in fact there however next to Do I need a new WLAN card? Network Adapter has no WiFi options?! HELP! Network adapters only the PCIe FE Family Controller is listed I recently tried to download the Fix offered by Toshiba and Windows restarted my computer and it is still not recognizing my Wi Fi Please tell me its an easy fix or just that I need to buy a new card Any advice is greatly appreciated But please give me the Windows Do I need a new WLAN card? Network Adapter has no WiFi options?! HELP! for Dummies version because again I have no clue what I am doing Thanks again for any help offered Racheal

A:Do I need a new WLAN card? Network Adapter has no WiFi options?! HELP!

Under network adapters, I included all the "Hidden Devices" in the screen capture! However the Family Controller is the only one listed otherwise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/206288-do-i-need-new-wlan-card-network-adapter-has-no-wifi-options-help.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi
Further to an update to windows 10 that totally screwed my laptop, I had to reinstall windows 7 (from another disk than original) and then to re install all the drivers.
I downloaded all from the sites :chipset, lan, wifi.... And everything was ok but the wifi : there is no wifi card regonized by the system
i have only a "!" on the driver (network controller)
help would be most appreciated and thanked
Kind regards

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91719-WiFi-WLan-driver-problem-on-Satellite-L505
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everybody.
I really hope I'll find an answer to my problem in this forum.

I've got a SAMSUNG notebook and my "Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter" seems to be not working. I cannot see (let alone connect to) any wireless environment. I have to access the internet via ethernet cable, which is really annoying. I've done the following so far:
The device manager says the adapter is working properly.I've updated to the latest driverThe adapter is also turned on.
I don't know what else I should do. Please help me.

A:Can't connect to any WLAN

Originally Posted by a0507055

Hello everybody.
I really hope I'll find an answer to my problem in this forum.

I've got a SAMSUNG notebook and my "Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter" seems to be not working. I cannot see (let alone connect to) any wireless environment. I have to access the internet via ethernet cable, which is really annoying. I've done the following so far:
The device manager says the adapter is working properly.I've updated to the latest driverThe adapter is also turned on.
I don't know what else I should do. Please help me.

By the driver is working properly You mean the atheros driver correct?

have you run the networking diagnostic?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/266704-cant-connect-any-wlan.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Folks I have a similar problem with my wireless connection I have a new DELL INSPIRION RUNNING ON WIN XP SP I connect to WLAN quite comfortably I have recently acquired a new IBM T laptop which I have formatted and loaded Win XP Service Pack and I am trying to connect to the same WLAN but when I locate my network and give my network id it says quot network password needs to be bits or bits depending on your network configuration This can be entered as or ascii characters or or hexa decimal characters quot My network key starts like SP- E and so on a total of characters I am told by my ISP guy that the encryption in my router is WPA He suggests I could change my encryption to WEP which I dont want to How do I connect this new laptop to the network Any ideas Do you think I need to manually convert this to a hexa decimal number In that case how to convert a minus sign Ive been breaking my head since long time plssss help Thanks guys in advance nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a wireless SonicWall and two wireless PC's. I need to be able to access the internal network from those PC's and access software on the server. I thought I would need remote desktop but someone told me that this is not necessary. Any ideas ?

Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys,

Just to start off, I consider myself pretty computer savvy... but this has me baffled... I recently moved into a new house with 2 computers - a laptop running XP Home and a desktop running 7 Professional.

My laptop (Dell E1505), which I rarely service since it's so old, can connect to the WLAN perfectly. It's NIC is an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG with driver version 11.5.0.32. My point - it's old as dirt and it works.

My desktop is running a Linksys WMP54GS v.1.1 with the most up-to-date Broadcom drivers. I've tried rolling back the drivers to no avail. Here's the weird part about this: I am able to connect to the WLAN enough to share files on the Homegroup with my laptop - but just no internet connection...

Any help guys? Thanks

A:Cannot connect to WLAN on W7 - Can on XP

Please post the output of "ipconfig /all" from a command prompt from both the WinXP laptop and the Win7 desktop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-connect-to-wlan-on-w7-can-on-xp-526808.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a new Toshiba satellite L500 laptop with windows 7 64-bit home premium OS, I found an issue with the wireless utility where it works fine when i open the PC, but after sometime (about an hour) it stop working, i tried to use windows troubleshooter, it help me fixing the problem sometimes (saying that the solution is to enable the wireless network connection adapter) but only for a short time.

I had installed Linux Ubuntu OS on the machine, and the wireless works just fine, so the problem is something with windows 7.

A:I can't connect my PC to a WLAN

Check with toshiba's website for updated wifi drivers/software for your model.
Just because it's new doesn't automatically mean it has up to date support on it.

You may also look into changing the channel your router is operating on. In it's settings.
This could also be a side effect of power management.
Does the problem occur while you are using the system, or only when it has been idle?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/227050-i-cant-connect-my-pc-wlan.html
Relevancy 53.75%

About a month ago I bought a Dell Latitude D520 running WindowsXP
with a pre-installed Intel PRO/wireless 3945 WLAN card.

It worked fine for about a week and then it quit and never
came back. Dell replaced the card and motherboard but no
change. I reinstalled the driver (R138747.exe), no help. I
reinstalled WindowsXP, still no help.

Dell seems about out of ideas.

No, it's not the router. I use the router every day
with several other computers, It runs fine.

So it's beginning to feel like I just bought
a very expensive paper weight. Without a wireless
connection I can't use the computer.

I can think of one possible reason for the problem,
but I don't know if I'm right. The other computers
that I use with my wireless connection don't have
service pack 2. Could that be the reason I can't
connect?

Any ideas would be extremely welcome.

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi everyone

I have 1 pc (Vista) wired into my Tiscali wireless router and 2 laptops (1 vista and 1 XP) and i can no longer connect wirelessly to my router with either of my laptops.

I can see my wireless network in wireless networks available with full signal. When i click to connect i enter my password (which is correct) it stays on the connecting for a while before a window pops up saying "Unable to connect, please contact Administrator or your ISP.

Every now and again only 1 laptop will connect to the router, but only at a speed of 1mb/s. Before hand it used to be at 54mb/s

please can someone help this really is doing my head in.

Regards

Relevancy 53.32%

Assume I have two computers A and B which are connected (through WLAN/Wifi router) in an inhouse net.

Now I have to transfer huge file archives (> 10 GB) from A to B and other huge file archives from B to A.

I could either do this file transfers
1) in parallel (=start copying files from A to B and from B to A at the same time)
or
2) wait until file copying from A to B is finished and then start B to A.

What is faster?

I could imagine that protocol overhead and interrupts in case 1 could slow down throughput.
On the other hand I could use in case 1 unused upload capacity into the opposite direction during download.

Any recommendations for this scenario?

Peter

A:Paralell WLAN/Wifi file transfer slower than sequential?

Safer is point 2.
It may use some RAM or pagefile to store the buffer.
Read is faster than Write.

Go to a shop deal with cable.
Ask for twisted cable where you can joint both computer, to able to see both.
Ask the staff as they will explain more in detail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399136-paralell-wlan-wifi-file-transfer-slower-than-sequential.html
Relevancy 53.32%

hi
when i buy satellite c50-b892 its windows 8.10 but recent i setup windows 7 but now i cant install wifi and bluethoot driver and cant connect it.
i try to download driver but its not work can help me plz

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90031-Can-t-setup-WiFi-WLAN-and-Bluetooth-driver-on-Satellite-C50-b892
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Friends I've been running into issues with wifi connectivity ever since the Fall update of Windows Symptons typically include first a limited connection yellow icon and second no connection available red icon This typically happens with - minutes after startup Rebooting helps sporadically In addition I have tried the following netsh int ip reset netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled netsh int tcp help issues wanted Wlan 10 - 802.11n card wifi connectivity - Windows set global autotuninglevel disabled netsh int tcp set global rss enabled This works upon reboot however symptons continue to appear again Here are the specifics about my system Windows HomeVersion - OS Build - x n Wlan Card more information below Drivers updated through DriverTalent Driver management program reporting version -- gt Device manager gt Network adapter gt n Wlan card reports version Windows updated installed KB dec and KB dec Hardware Model Asus X LA Intel Core i - GHZ GB RAM Intel HD Graphics Network adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family controler - ethernet Hardware ID PNP Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS E B amp REV amp E F amp amp E I tried reinstalling Windows several times even rolling back to Windows however symptons continue to Wlan card 802.11n Windows 10 - wifi connectivity issues - help wanted appear Also I've tried to update adapter drivers through device managers but symptons continue to appear The registry key wipe reg delete HKCR CLSID f -a ad- bf- - cbbc ba va f amp netcfg -v -u dni dne as a result I got an error reporting back 'ERROR Invalid key name' I ve been struggling with this issue for several weeks so any help suggestions is very much appreciated When running the trouble shooters on Wlan card 802.11n Windows 10 - wifi connectivity issues - help wanted the 'no connection' it generates the following output report The Wlan card 802.11n Windows 10 - wifi connectivity issues - help wanted default gateway is not availableThe default gateway is not available The default gateway is a device that connects a local network or computer to the Internet A broadband modem or router is usually the default gateway Not fixed Not Fixed Investigate router or broadband modem issues Failed Reset the quot WiFi quot adapter Completed Issues found Detection details Problem with wireless adapter or access point Not fixed Not Fixed Reset the wireless adapter Failed Investigate router or access point issues Failed If you're connected to a hotspot or domain network contact the network administrator Otherwise Unplug or turn off the device Once all of the lights on the device are off wait at least seconds Turn the device back on or plug it back into the power outlet To restart a router or access point that has a built-in battery press and quickly release the Reset button A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken Not fixed Not Fixed Plug an Ethernet cable into this computer Failed An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends Plug this cable into the opening on the back or side of the computer Make sure the other end of the cable is plugged into the router If that does not help try using a different cable The default gateway is not available Not fixed Not Fixed The default gateway is a device that connects a local network or computer to the Internet A broadband modem or router is usually the default gateway Investigate router or broadband modem issues Failed If you're connected to a hotspot or domain network contact the network administrator Otherwise Unplug or turn off the device Once all the lights on the device are off wait at least seconds Turn the device on or plug it back in to the power outlet To restart a router or modem that has a built-in battery press and quickly release the Reset button Reset the quot WiFi quot adapter Completed This can sometimes resolve an intermittent problem InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log File Name D FB C-AF - A- AE-DB F F BF Repair etl Detection details Expand Inf... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/34787-wlan-card-802-11n-windows-10-wifi-connectivity-issues-help-wanted.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have just installed a Belkin 802.11g pcmcia card on my notebook and am attempting to connect to my D-Link DWL-2000AP+ access point in order to join my WLAN. The card recognises the network (I disabled WEP security to make it easier) however when I click connect it does nothing and continues to say "Wireless Connection Unavailable". Every other computer on the network (there are 3) is a desktop and they are all running D-Link wireless PCI cards. All IP addresses are automatically handed out. Is it a compatibility issue? What need I do to fix it?
Cheers
Bungie

A:Failing to connect to WLAN

Do you maybe have the access point set to do MAC address filtering, or to limit the number of computers connecting?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failing-to-connect-to-wlan.378615/
Relevancy 53.32%

I've got a handful of Dell laptops that recently stopped reconnecting to a wireless network after being on the lan. WLAN shows connected, but can't reconnect until we do a IP refresh. Some machines are running Dell WLAN cards and another is running Intel card.

Can't seem to nail down the problem. One user mentioned she was having this problem after MS updates so wondering if a patch/hot fix is jacking up these machines. To add salt to the wound, I brought my Dell Inpiron 1420 home today...plugged in the network cable..did some work, then decided to move to the couch. Same problem here on my machine.

Any ideas...this is a wacky one.

Thanks
Denver Desktop

A:LAN to WLAN won't connect to wireless

Have you got DHCP setup on your router? If so, do you have enough addresses available? Also, you could try rebooting your router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/174730-lan-wlan-wont-connect-wireless.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
I want to transfer files between 2 Laptops over WLAN but without a Router.
How to do it?
WiFi Direct? How do it work in Windows 10?
Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/67190-how-connect-pc-over-wlan-without-router.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I can run the internet fine, download stuff, stream things.

But once I open any video game (singleplayer or multi), a few WinRar files, or PSPVideo 9 as a few examples, I get disconnected from my WLAN for no reason.

I cannot figure out or think of any reason for this to happen.

I have tried 2 different Wireless adaptors, bought a new PCI USB 2.0 card none help.

And the computer 10 feet from me with the same wireless adaptor works perfectly all the time. and has a better reception than mine.

I have a Linksys wireless G router downstairs. Our old Microsoft router never had this problem until it died.

Any help would be nice.

Relevancy 52.89%

Hello hope someone can WLAN connect won't AR5B95 Atheros help with this I've just installed from fresh Windows Atheros AR5B95 WLAN won't connect Professional bit on an eMachines It previously had Windows Starter edition installed and everything worked okay However now I'm having problems getting the wireless adaptor working It has an Atheros AR B adapter in it and I've tried pretty much every version of the driver I can find online with varying degrees of success The best I've got is with the latest version which lets me connect wirelessly the first time the computer is switched on but then hangs up after around minutes and won't let me connect again All wireless networks available are display correctly but on clicking on the one I want it very quickly pops up with quot Windows was unable to connect quot The only trend I can see for when it will connect is when the computer is at its coldest it lets me connect for longest I e first thing this morning after it had been off all night it connect for about minutes After leaving it for hours it connected for about minute If I've been using it and then restart it it won't connect or if it does will only be for a few seconds This makes me question whether it's an overheating problem though I just cleaned the fan and then didn't help at all Any help greatly appreciated Thanks Sam

A:Atheros AR5B95 WLAN won't connect

Hi Sam .. Welcome to Seven Forums ..You should see if your Wired Lan connection is working proper .. If so that would rule out any other issues you might have ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/346581-atheros-ar5b95-wlan-wont-connect.html
Relevancy 52.89%

i have compaq presario v tu notebook it has wlan the button to turn ON OFF is there i dont kno if it is really a wlan or somthing else I bought my notebook - years back n never used LAN or WLAN so just help me out i have installed the chipset driver n the wlan driver from the hp compaq site for my model but there is no my to how n connect wlan??? setup/install through quot wireless internet connection in my network connections list how to setup/install n connect through my wlan??? here is wat i got after i ran on IPCONFIG ALL in cmd Windows IP Configuration Host Name db a c d d fe Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - B- - - -A PPP adapter SXC- Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers ok just tell me wat i need to do i dont kno anything about how to setup a wireless or any sort of connection i will be using the connection for gaming and file transfering nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

A few days after buying my computer I purchased the USB not Adapter, Connect recognized. SMC WLAN USB g EZ WLAN Adapter in the title It worked perfectly for at least a year After that I started having the occasional quot device not recognized quot message Unplugging and plugging again solved the problem Later it got worse I had to unplugg and plugg several times for SMC EZ Connect g USB WLAN Adapter, not recognized. it to work my record was times The strange thing is it only malfunctioned after I turned the computer on If I made it to work using the unplugg and plugg routine and left my PC on I'd have no trouble I could even switch USB ports at will it would always work after that first time If I had to turn off the computer I'd go back to square one restarting was no problem though Now I just can't make it work No matter how many times I unplugg plugg I always get the quot device not recognized quot message I tryied the adapter in another computer with Vista Home and SMC EZ Connect g USB WLAN Adapter, not recognized. it gets detected with no problem whatsoever The computer where this issue happens has other USB SMC EZ Connect g USB WLAN Adapter, not recognized. devices and they all work without a single problem I'd really appreciate some help with this I don't want to waste money on another adapter just to find the exact same problem happening Sincerely Tatoon Edit The computer where this issue is happening is using Windows Ultimate x

A:SMC EZ Connect g USB WLAN Adapter, not recognized.

Welcome to Seven Forums Tatoon.
Does the WLAN device malfunction in all USB ports after turning it off? You may try to find a new driver for it from the maker's website. It could be a USB issue too, have a look here to see if anything may apply to you.
USB Driver - General Fix for Problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/206040-smc-ez-connect-g-usb-wlan-adapter-not-recognized.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have the strangest problem which has frustrated me for days now.

The problem:

Windows 7 RC1 can't connect to my home WLAN, I have no problem connecting in Vista on the same machine. To make things stranger I can connect to other wireless networks in Windows 7 without problems.
My other laptop and all other computers in the house can access my wireless home network.

I tried:

- updating the network card's drivers in Vista, but they were up to date.
I then updated the firmware on my Linksys WRT54G (version 7) router to the latest official version. (My Linksys router is one of the few that is not supported by the open source alternative firmwares around for Linksys WRT54G routers)

I still can't connect. What should I do? This is driving me nuts!

Hardware: Dell Studio XPS 13 (XPS 1340)

A:Help! Windows 7 RC1 can't connect to my WLAN, Vista can

Try a newer Windows 7 build.... Like 7229 (PM others for links). but what a weird issue....

EDIT: sorry for the lame suggestion on top there ^^^...
Did you try installing the Vista driver IN 7????? Coz that way do the trick... IF it doesn't work, install it with compatibility mode (right click the driver update>Properties>compatibility>check the 1st checkbox and select "Vista (SP1)" then check whether it works or not if not then go my above suggestion....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/13061-help-windows-7-rc1-cant-connect-my-wlan-vista-can.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi everyone, I just got a new internet. It's suposed to be 50mbps down and 5mbps up. Only thing is.. they failed to tell me that I would require a N wireless card to get these speeds. so Instead I'm recieving 9mbps-21mbps down (up is 5mbps which is what it should be).
Is there a way to make my card connect at the speeds they are supposed to be?

-(and if I were to connect by cord, i have a Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller does that have N capiblitiies on it?)-
Sorry if these are such noobish questions, but I only started hearing about this diffrent "n" thing less than 45 mins ago. (my knowledge was that desktops had a diffrent letter, and gamin consols had a diffent letter... that was as far as I knew. )

Relevancy 52.89%

hello. I can't connect to primary dns address with my dlink wlan. I don't know how this problem occured because till last night it was working perfectly! what do u suggest i do? i don't really know what my primary dns address is as the computer detects it for me. I am working with my lan now and need to be wireless! plz help!

A:Cannot connect to primary dns address with wlan

Why do you think that you "can't connect to primary DNS"? Maybe explain the problem in more detail?

And please post the ouput of the "ipconfig /all" command.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-primary-dns-address-with-wlan.94946/
Relevancy 52.89%

Yesterday my wireless internet on Laptop to to DNS connect WLAN Failed - Primary stopped working The other laptop is working fine When i diagnose it it states that primary dns is online but it cant connect to it I tired to ping to this address WLAN - Failed to connect to Primary DNS and it failed I have tried to connect via LAN and this says the WLAN - Failed to connect to Primary DNS same thing I have tried putting in my own IP settings and this also failed I am using vista home on both machines Router Linksys WRT GS IPCONFIG ALL produced this Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Rich gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Harris-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL B Wireless g Mbps USB Network Adapter Physical Address - - -A - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address -A -D -DF-B - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b c c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C E- - D -AC C- DFFDAD br FA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AACCC-DC B- C B- FF - D E A br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Any ideas on what i can try nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I changed our router WPA key to something easier to remember as machines about the house are always going wrong i'm sick of having to find the peice of paper i had written the phrase on.

I changed the keys on my brother and sister's machines which went back to working normally, then i did the same on my mum's laptop. Its vista premium. i entered the new key and without much fuss it reconnected. i browsed google news a bit and then shut it down normally. But when i next turned on the laptop to update the antivirus it wouldn't connect. Windows can see our network but it won't connect to it. not even with limited access at least i presume not with the system tray icon not changing.

I'm not new to computers so i have already tried uninstalling the device reinstalling it and static ip's. This normally works but hasn't. Any help would be appreciated.

A:[SOLVED] WLAN Detects but won't connect

It's a lenovo 4233 with vista home premium SP1
wlan card is Intel WiFi Link 5100

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-wlan-detects-but-wont-connect-348336.html
Relevancy 52.89%

i recently bought a asus pce-n10 wlan adapter in order to make an AP for my smartphone/laptop to connect to (both have been ordered so i cant test it yet), my desktop is connected directly to the modem

problem is, without the asus utility software (which has outdated card drivers) i cant seem to get this card to connect, i made a screenshot with as much info on it as possible (if i forgot something i will make a new screen of it), its in dutch but i can translate it if necessary

http://i.imgur.com/73XlP.jpg

as you can see it says its working correctly, even though it shows as "not connected", so windows doesnt seem to recognize it as a wireless network, have searched google for hours and tried numerous things (disable/enable, reinstalling drivers, winsock/tcpip reset) to no avail

thank you for your time and effort

A:unable to connect WLAN adapter

decided to buy a wireless router instead, too much hassle and problems with this card, will probably go for a Netgear WNDR3700

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221462-unable-connect-wlan-adapter.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Problem My USB wireless network adapter gets a limited connectivity message in the notification tray but no packets are being sent or recieved It does however recognize my network on the available connections list - so it's not totally dead When I switch to a wired connection I get quot no connections available quot This is the case even on a new PCI ethernet controller Details Problem happened after installing new memory and clearing the CMOS to troubleshoot a problem LAN is working on a fresh Windows install on a different hard drive Therefore I've rulled out a hardware failure as the source of the problem Device Manager does not list any problems Everything is recognized In Network Connections three Local Area Connections are present and Windows recognizes when the ethernet - LAN /all wLAN Connect No Info and Can't From ipconfig cable is plugged in The hardware lights on the wired NIC function properly Windows Network Diagnostis reports that quot Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter quot and pings to IP addresses LAN and wLAN Can't Connect - No Info From ipconfig /all like or get a quot transmit failed General LAN and wLAN Can't Connect - No Info From ipconfig /all failure quot message Everything is set to obtain IP addresses and DNS automatically Also I haven't knowingly changed any settings from the time it was working until it they stopped working Ipconfig doesn't list any information It just reads Windows IP Configuration Host Name Monolith Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Solutions Tried So Far Uninstalled antivirus software Cleared the CMOS and reset defaults Ensured that the NIC and USB controller are enabled in the BIOS Reset winsock and tcp ip using netsh commands Updated LAN and wLAN drivers Ran and ipconfig release and renew Result quot The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation quot Attempted a System Restore but it failed Gave me an quot unspecified error quot Flushed DNS Installed a new PCI ethernet controller Where I'm at I can't figure out why both NICs would be giving me trouble at the same time It seems like Windows just can't handle anything trying to use TCP IP no matter what I throw at it Despite Windows knowing about the hardware and thinking everything is fine it seems like it can't access it correctly to connect I know it isn't a hardware issue despite that being an obvious answer I just don't know what is wrong Please help me

A:LAN and wLAN Can't Connect - No Info From ipconfig /all

First scan your system with system file checker, option one should work for you.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/273159-lan-wlan-cant-connect-no-info-ipconfig-all.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello using the Microsoft Windows Software Development Kit v SDK i compiled the WirelessHostedNetwork Example I use the adapters multiple wlanapi.dll HostedNetwork WLAN network WIFI / native | | physical Native Wifi Functions in wlanapi dll As in the wireless Hosted Network Example described I open a quot WlanOpenHandle quot initialize with quot WlanHostedNetworkInitSettings quot wlanapi.dll / native WIFI | HostedNetwork | multiple physical WLAN network adapters set the SSID name quot SetConnectionSettings quot and the password with quot SetSecondaryKey quot With quot WirelessHostednetworkStartUsing quot and quot WlanHostedNetworkStopUsing quot i can Start wlanapi.dll / native WIFI | HostedNetwork | multiple physical WLAN network adapters Stop the Virtual wlanapi.dll / native WIFI | HostedNetwork | multiple physical WLAN network adapters AcessPoint In the Network and Sharing Center there is allways a quot Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter quot created However we have the scenario that the computer has more then only one physical WLAN network adapter installed Therefore we want to assign a certain physical wireless network card to the WirelessHostedNetwork Using the quot WlanEnumInterfaces quot function it is possible to enumerate all physical wireless network cards and its GUID on the computer However it has not possible to assign a certain wireless network card to the wlanHandle I got after quot WlanOpenHandle quot It is also required to configure the IP address range of the WirelessHostedNetwork By default this is set always to XXX nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Thanks a lot

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ee0bf9ed-1f54-458b-ba04-c20541dcdda4/wlanapidll-native-wifi-hostednetwork-multiple-physical-wlan-network-adapters?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello fellas i need to connect my dumb Xbox to connect to to modem--->not Solved: live!!! wifi able laptop+wifi xbox360+USB live for it does not play any movies and asks to connect to live that i am unable to do OKey here is the plit- gt i have a usb modem that i connect into my laptop wihch has wifi n all that now i create an adhoc n w first on lapi--the xbox detects and connects but still test connection fails the xbox is unable to connect to the adhoc n w second i Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! tried creating a adhoc n w on my xbox-- gt lapi connects to that n w but still the test conncetion fails on the xbox I have checked quot Allow users to use this n w quot for my USB modem connection which i use to connect to Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! the internet In Properties-- gt Sharing But here it asks to select the n w connection out of options Wireless conn Wireless conn Local Area Conn Sometimes it shows only Wileless Conn and LAN i tried every possible combination of all these settings but nothing is working The internet on my laptop works fine I am using Win Home Premium I just need to connect my Xbox to my laptop wirelessely and use the internet connection my laptop is using i tried some manual settings of ip subnet n dns server on my xbox n lapi in this case the xbox connects to the network while connection test but does not connects to laptop HELP guys nbsp

A:Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-laptop-wifi-xbox360-usb-modem-not-able-to-connect-to-live.1032051/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have an ACER Aspire 5920 laptop (vista) that up until yesterday I've never had any problems with.
It now connects to the BT hub but doesn't actually connect to the internet - also, plugging in the lan doesn't connect me either. I've restarted the Hub I don't know how many times, but my other computer still connects perfectly, which makes me think it's a problem with the laptop..
Help would be awesomeeeee

Relevancy 52.03%

I am trying to fix connect OK. WLAN. or Firewall. LAN No Drivers are Norton. No Can't to my mother s Dell Inspiron internet connectivity problem she is experiencing And I find myself stumped Laptop Drivers are OK. No Firewall. No Norton. Can't connect to LAN or WLAN. has Vista Problem Computer won t connect to internet through both ethernet and wireless I have tried it on several wired and wireless networks Specifically looking for the wireless to get working again as that is what she uses but thought to mention the symptom is on both So I will explain what I have done so far Drivers are OK. No Firewall. No Norton. Can't connect to LAN or WLAN. regarding the wireless I tried to connecting my home network which I can connect to find with my other laptop The Dell displayed the same symptom as it did previously at a public wifi spot when I was testing it before bringing it home It connected Drivers are OK. No Firewall. No Norton. Can't connect to LAN or WLAN. to the wireless network and display limited connectivity I tried disconnecting and reconnecting with the same results I tried removing the SSID from preferred networks and then reconnect I went Device Manager to check the drivers on the network adapters All looked fine I unistalled the wlan card listed and then scanned for new hardware I got the most recent driver off the internet and installed it from a jump drive on the computer in question I then installed the driver again and it completely reset the driver in my system I then tried to reconnect and the problem still occured I tested if it was my DNS by configuring an open DNS server IP I have disabled to firewall I have flushed the DNS I have released and renewed the ipconfig I feel like I have tried everything I see suggested on the internet to no avail Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Drivers are OK. No Firewall. No Norton. Can't connect to LAN or WLAN.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-are-ok-no-firewall-no-norton-cant-connect-to-lan-or-wlan.897871/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..few day agai got to know that I can make my Windows 7 Laptop a HotSpot via Virtual WiFi...so I tried to make my laptop hotspot and the same can be detected from my iPhone also...i can connect connect iPhone to my laptop...but i cant access any internet..
i have also tried putting off my firewall but with no use....
can somebody help me out with the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-iphone-via-wifi-from-windows-7-virtual-wifi-laptop.971585/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a wireless network USB 2 adaptor which up until a few days ago worked without issue.

My system runs Windows XP Home and is up to date with all updates.

My adaptor will no longer connect to my network and I get the display that it cannot find a certificate to connect.
It cannot be the network or modem as I can connect my laptop wirelessly on my Windows 7 platform.
I have tried the on board repair program without success.

My network adaptor details:

WLAN USB 2 54Mbps Adaptor.
WU61S
FCC ID:RXZ-WU61S

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thank you in advance.

A:WLAN Issue.

Have you change the router or security on the router at all ?

you may have the IEEE 802.1x authentication set

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen, see the menu on the left hand side

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

If the above does not work then

Start > control Panel > system > hardware Tab >device manager button

Once you are in device manager then navigate to:

network adaptors, click on the + > ​Right-click your Connection and select Properties --> Click on the Authentication tab --> Disable / uncheck the option IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network.
re start the PC
Now, connect to your Wireless network;

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...cs/en-us/8021x_client_configure.mspx?mfr=true

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-issue.1094592/
Relevancy 52.03%

hi,
i got an old laptop with windows XP, it use to work fine but suddently i stopped picking other wireless network and only picks up the one at home.. i tried to run a diagnostics but it didnt work infact it actually stop picking the home wireless as well. it does show that it is connected but not passing any packets (as it looks)
need advice what to do
thanks

A:WLAN issue!

I cant give much advice on what to do here besides to make sure the drivers are updated and to maybe check if your wireless card is loose or broken. Or just simply buy like a $30 netgear usb wireless card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wlan-issue.165372/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a new notebook (with Intel ProSet Wireless chip) which should be able to connect to the WLAN-Rouer with 802.11 n speed.

The WLAN-Router/AP itself offers as well 802.11 n feature.
Currently for testing purposes the WLAN-Router/AP stands just 1 m distance with no wall in between.

However when I launch my Win7 on Notebook it connects only with 54Mbit which is far below the possible speed. Another notebook just aside the first one offers 130Mbit speed.
So WLAN-Router/AP is not the problem.

Is there a settings in Win7 wlan network setup which prevents my Win 7 to connect to WLAN-Router/AP with a higher speed?

A:How to force my Intel Proset WLAN to connect with 802.11n speed?

Quote: Originally Posted by pstein

I have a new notebook (with Intel ProSet Wireless chip) which should be able to connect to the WLAN-Rouer with 802.11 n speed.

The WLAN-Router/AP itself offers as well 802.11 n feature.
Currently for testing purposes the WLAN-Router/AP stands just 1 m distance with no wall in between.

However when I launch my Win7 on Notebook it connects only with 54Mbit which is far below the possible speed. Another notebook just aside the first one offers 130Mbit speed.
So WLAN-Router/AP is not the problem.

Is there a settings in Win7 wlan network setup which prevents my Win 7 to connect to WLAN-Router/AP with a higher speed?

If you are seeing 54Mbps as the max, that is what you get with 802.11g. So it sounds like you are in G mode for some reason. Try looking at the Advanced settings for this adaptor in Device Manager and see if it's set to use wireless n.

You should also make sure your router is set to use the 802.11n Only setting, so it's not running in mixed mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/295409-how-force-my-intel-proset-wlan-connect-802-11n-speed.html
Relevancy 51.6%

OK I ve searched and can t find a clear answer to this Maybe it s just a simple quot No You can t do that quot I have an existing WLAN broadcasting from a Linksys WRT N I have several Home Theatre components with Ethernet ports but no wireless exisiting WLAN? point a Connect an access second to wireless Samsung Blu-Ray Marantz AV Panasonic TC-P G I have no way to run an ethernet cable to the room where they sit So my question is is there some piece of hardware that can connect to my exisitng WLAN via the wireless and then I can connect the components to that or even connect a switch to that quot access point quot I have looked into access points but they all seem to require a connection via ethernet Am I just missing something simple or is this just not possible This is what I want to do Cable Modem - gt Ethernet Cable - gt Linksys WRT N - gt Wireless Connection - gt Router Switch Access Point - gt Ethernet Cables - gt Components nbsp

A:Connect a second wireless access point to an exisiting WLAN?

Something like this can add 4 ethernet ports to your wireless
network,and a couple of USB ports.
Print server/ethernet switch.

Another option would be to use powerline network adapters and
use the houses power lines as network cables.
Then connect a wired router to the powerline adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-a-second-wireless-access-point-to-an-exisiting-wlan.890443/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I recently bought a HP s laptop from ebuyer co uk and have spent the day setting it up However the wireless access to the internet is temperamental It refuses to connect and I can t even access the router page I m using a BT Home Hub I restarted my router and won't to on connect laptop Vista Solved: internet HP WLAN then the laptop connected fine to it and the internet However I had to restart my laptop for updates and when it Solved: HP Vista laptop won't connect to internet on WLAN rebooted it refused to connect to the network and internet just as it had done in Solved: HP Vista laptop won't connect to internet on WLAN the first place When I check the network details it Solved: HP Vista laptop won't connect to internet on WLAN tells me the IPv and IPv is quot Limited quot I did some research and found somewhere that Vista isn t too great with wireless connections The built-in wifi is a Broadcom b g set up but apart from that I haven t found anything else out If I connect via Ethernet cable I can access the internet fine but I still can t connect wirelessly Any help would be greatly appreciated Tom nbsp

A:Solved: HP Vista laptop won't connect to internet on WLAN

Changes that may help to increase the compatibility of Vista with older networking devices:

Disable the IP Helper service:

1. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Scroll down to the IP Helper service, right click on it and select Properties
3. In the dropdown box that says "Automatic" or "Manual", set it to Disabled and then click on "Apply"
4. Then click on "Stop" to stop the service from running in the current session
5. Click OK to exit the dialog

Disable IPv6:

1. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "ncpa.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Right click on each network connection and select "Properties"
3. Remove the checkmark from the box next to "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
4. Click OK to exit the dialog

NOTE: You should do this for each network connection.

Disable the DHCP Broadcast Flag:

Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928233

Hold the Windows key and type R, enter regedit and press Enter.
Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}
In this registry path, click the (GUID) subkey to be updated.
If the key DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag does not exist, use the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value. In the New Value #1 box, type DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then press ENTER. If the key exists, skip this step.
Right-click DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
Close Registry Editor.
NOTE: You should do this for each and every GUID subkey.
NOTE2: (GUID) is a mnemonic for the individual subkeys, the actual text "GUID" does not appaer.

The only program I'm aware of that currently relies on IPv6 is the new Windows Meeting Space. The first 2 changes will cause that program not to work - but will leave all of your normal (IPv4) connections unaffected. If it causes problems that you can't overcome, simply revert back to the original settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-vista-laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-on-wlan.793951/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey I am running Vista Ultimate and my laptop is a HP Pavilion dv tx My laptop can Connect Solved: isatap, to Cannot Wireless; AutoConfig WLAN no longer connect to wireless The wireless switch is on It is not detecting any wireless signals Even though there is definately one this laptop is connected it it In Device Manager under Network Solved: Cannot Connect to Wireless; isatap, WLAN AutoConfig adapters isatap is not working correctly quot This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this decice Code quot Microsoft however says that this is an ignorable issue http social technet microsoft com - a a dae Also under services WLAN AutoConfig has the Serveice status quot Stopped quot I have tired to start it but it comes up with an error message quot Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error The process termitated unexpectedly quot I have updated the BIOS and network adaptor drivers also I have also tried system restore I have tried disabling IPV aswell Any ideas Thanks Mike nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello no internet longer to any HELP!!! can (WLAN/LAN) connection Laptop connect I recently bought a new hercules wireless router I then installed this router exactly as the instructions said and installed the software onto HELP!!! Laptop can no longer connect to any internet connection (WLAN/LAN) my laptop following all the correct instructions however the laptop could not connect to the HELP!!! Laptop can no longer connect to any internet connection (WLAN/LAN) router when complete i therefore reset the router and tried again same problem i then checked on my second laptop and found that this laptop could succesfully connect i then went back reset the router again and installed the software on this second laptop again i can connect to the router via this laptop but still not with the first laptop i also tried using my eternet cable to connect the first laptop to the router with no luck I then tried to IPCONFIG the router using the ethernet cable and CMD did not give any IP adresses what-so-ever i have tried everything i can come up with to connect this laptop to my router but nothing works whilst all the other computers -wireless and -ethernet work perfectly thank you in advance for all your support ardjan nbsp

A:HELP!!! Laptop can no longer connect to any internet connection (WLAN/LAN)

Welcome to TSG:
Will need some info before we start making suggestions:
Make and model of modem and router ?
Operating systems involved ?
Let's see this from a working laptop and a non working laptop:
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-laptop-can-no-longer-connect-to-any-internet-connection-wlan-lan.986698/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey Guys,
I have a HP pavillion Desktop running XP & a HP laptop which is running Vista Ultimate.
I have a problem with my DLink router its a DI-624 and its been working fine for about 9 months but all of a sudden it wont connect to the internet.
Ive unplugged them ,turned them off, & reset them , Ive also replaced the ethernet cables but still no joy.
I can connect directly through the modem but not the router anymore !
The router has the lights on except the WLan light isnt coming on & all I get is the pop up limited or no connectivity

Arhhhhh please help me

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey there everyone So earlier today I purchased a new video card a PNY Nvidia to disconnected WLAN Internet/Wireless Adaptor Cannot connect Gtx After installing the drivers through the disc I ended up getting he BSOD and my PC just kept on restarting automatically I fixed that problem and found out that I should install the drivers for it through their website instead So after restarting my PC yet again I tried using the Internet Chrome and found out that I have no Internet connection Now I am writing this on my iPad using the same router and modem that Cannot connect to Internet/Wireless WLAN Adaptor disconnected my PC is supposed to be using but I keep on checking my WLAN adaptor and it says that it is Not Connected Now I have tried every forum every post EVERYTHING related to this problem and not a single thing fixes it Also when I do the ipconfig everything says Media Disconnected and that s it If any further info is needed to help me out use comment below Thanks for all your help PS I tried unplugging plugging back in my modem and router PPS Is it possible that when installing my new gcard and psu that I may have messed up with something internally nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

so my moms pc has been getting this problum were she can plugs the cable into the pc the pc shows it getting singnal but it wont connect to internet etc so can some one plz help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-vista-toshoba-wont-connect-to-lan-or-wlan.920897/
Relevancy 51.6%

I only installed my DIR-635 router just yesterday, and today i found out what a pain the lagspike-per-60 second thing was that the WLAN Autoconfig service causes when it searches.
I was messing around with a fix and when i disabled the service i had no idea that i wouldn't be able to connect to my wireless anymore after i re-enabled it.
So yeah, that's what happened. I disabled the service, then tried to connect to my wireless network again but i cannot, even though it shows up in my detected networks.

I spend hours googling for a solution, it seems many people have the can-see-network, but-cant-connect problem. Just noone that got it in this particular way. Could someone please help me get my connection back?

Relevancy 51.6%

HiHad this laptop for a few weeks now and never had trouble connecting to wifi at home. But today I am unable to connect to wifi and I did a troubleshoot and it says that the problem is - 'WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration'I know the problem is my laptop and not the wifi as it is working fine on my iPad.Can someone help please?Thanks,Dee

A:Can't connect to wifi - 'wifi doesn't have a valid IP config...

Hi there @Dee85 Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having troubles with connecting to your home network; I am happy to help. Have you tried connecting to a different network with this notebook?Does the wifi (available connections) show up on your notebook at all?Have you tried resetting your wireless router? The error you are getting sounds like the router is not passing on a local IP address to your notebook. The problem could be on either side of that. Try working through these.Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 8)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test. Forget the network: (Windows 8)1. Press Windows Key + C2. Click Settings.3. Click Change PC settings.4. Click Network on the left.5. Click Manage known networks.6. Click the network name.7. Click Forget.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-wifi-doesn-t-have-a-valid-IP/td-p/4902561
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there,

I have a new problem that has just cropped up today. I am no longer able to connect to public wifi or my phone's wireless hotspot. My laptop either will not connect or connect with limited access. It has connected without issue in the past and as soon as I returned home it connected to my wifi here.

What I did notice is I am connected to an unidentified network with no internet access in addition to my home wireless network:
Specs:
Acer Aspire S7 392
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Intel Dual Band Wireless 7260 (driver updated)
Disabled my firewall and antivirus

I just connected to my phone's hotspot again and here is what I am coming up with:
Attachment 57082

And when I run ipconfig/renew
Attachment 57083

Any ideas what could be causing this?

A:Can only connect to home wifi - no public/hotspot wifi

What Internet Security software are you using? Are you using any third party software to manage network connections?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60701-can-only-connect-home-wifi-no-public-hotspot-wifi.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 51.6%

Okay so my desktop is connected to the network by wifi to the wireless N plus B and G router It connects to the internet fine and dandy Possible iPhone's the connected that net? computer is to connect wifi to wifi by to My iPhone can connect to the router but drops the wifi signal most of the time It doesn t seem Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? to want to hold the connection because of either distance Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? or interference from the wall or whatever What Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? I want is to connect the iPhone s wifi to the computer for a stronger connection But I don t want to move the router because it s centrally located and my office is kinda further away from it Equipment computer n wireless USB adapter connected to computer g wireless PCI adapter connected to computer n router connected to internet iPhone with b g connectivity Is it possible to do this I know what people have done it with one wired connection and a wireless connection from the computer But can it be done with TWO wireless adapters connected to the computer Thanks in advance for any replies PS I know it d be easier to just use the computer to browse the internet since I d be in the office anyway but I work as a D modeler and alot of times I m testing renders for scenes and such and can t stop the render without losing the progress If I browse while it s rendering it s possible I can crash the computer because of the heavy resources the D engine is already using nbsp

A:Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net?

Doesn't hurt (except maybe your time) to try. Get an ad-hoc wireless network working between computer and iPhone (using dynamic addressing). Then in Network Connections bridge the two wireless connections.

If it doesn't work, show the following for the computer before you bridge and when you have the bridge.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-connect-iphones-wifi-to-computer-that-is-connected-by-wifi-to-the-net.810596/
Relevancy 51.6%

Wifi doesn't connect when i move away from wifi router. I have a wifi router installed in my drawing room where i get good browsing speed on phones and laptops. But the problem starts when i take my laptop from drawing room to my bedroom which is not more than 5 mtrs from router. Wifi signal drops to zero on laptop whereas it remains decent on phones. Earlier my laptop used to connect in bedroom as well..This is happening lately. Is there any solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-doesn-t-connect-when-i-move-away-from-wifi-router/td-p/5768546
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, I have a HP 240 G4 notebook with a Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 M.2 Combo AdapterThe thing is that it often loses conectivity. I tried to disable and enable several times and it finally work, but this issue repeats with anoying frequence. I´ve tried to reinstall the driver, or install a new one, including the sp75249.exe posted by Paul_Tikkanen. The issue remains.  I have been thinking if this is a defective wireless adapter or if it is a OS problem. Anyway, please if someone has had the same issue and solved it, give me a hand. Oh, also, the notebook is still in warranty period, so going under the hood is not an option, yet ;-) Thanks in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-240-G4-Broadcom-WLAN-issue/td-p/5716410
Relevancy 51.6%

hi guys,

what would cause a slow wireless connection?
the computer thats wired is fast enough...
but on the toshiba it takes 20 to 35 seconds for google to open...
what i have tried:
i have updated the browser to internet explorer 7
i installed firefox 2.0.0.9
i uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless Nic and recreated the connection...
very odd...any ideas

Relevancy 51.6%

Re the DNS problem I lost contact on friday out of the blue have Windows 10 os looking at the network sharing system it says Access type No internet access also on Ethernet and WiFi.

IPv4 Connectivity No Internet access and Ipv6 No network access. The media state is enabled and the duration keeps ticking over on both systems ethernet and WiFi.

This is the message I see in my browser.. what do I need to do please?
You are seeing thispage because you are using a BT service which requires the use of BT DNSServers and it appears that you are attempting to connect using a DNS server outsideof our network.

Our BT Protect and BT Parental Controls services both require the use of our BTDNS to keep you safe online.

You may have selected a different server in your network settings or installedan application that uses an alternative service.

Cheers

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91115-Windows-10-DNS-Issue-using-LAN-WLan
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys first time poster here I would assume that this has been brought up before but I am unable to locate a post regarding it so I figured I'd start a new one If there is one open currently or one with various fixes troubleshooting please point me to it Since building my new computer and installing Issue WLAN Polling Windows Pro -bit I've been getting lag spikes every - seconds of the time while playing online games like Battlefield Bad Company I've done some research and it appears this is likely caused by the WLAN AutoConfig polling service WLAN Polling Issue that Windows and Vista uses to acquire the most appropriate wireless connection for your computer I have a WRT G Linksys router with up-to-date firmware as of a month ago and a new WMP N wireless adapter in my computer with the most recent driver I have noticed a little bit of lag at odd times while watching Hulu but nothing too bad perhaps relative to the scaled-down usage of the network from BC while still streaming data I have tried WLAN Optimizer but that did not solve my problem Before doing anything else too intricate or involved I wanted to check here and see if there was anything known to work to solve this Also I've gotta say that this whole thing is just a little silly- I don't know that there are enough wireless networks out there to warrant this kind of service especially considering the fact that you appear to be stuck with it- period Thanks for your help in advance

A:WLAN Polling Issue

That particular router has twelve different versions, some work ok with Window 7, others,... not so well at all. We have been getting people in here with that router complaining about connection problems all the time, 2-3 times a week for the last 6 months.
If you continue to have connection problems try using a different router and see if it helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/72486-wlan-polling-issue.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I have been using windows pro for a while All of the sudden lately my wifi just stopped working and windows can no longer find my wifi adapter and therefore has switched my latptop to Airplane mode with no possibility of disabling it I tried some of the fix out there but with no solution However this is where the problem seems to be In my wlan report i have this WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network AND This a wireless connect network AutoConfig failed service WLAN to to is my full wlan report How to make windows recognize my wifi adapter again Code Top Wlan Report Summary The driver disconnected while associating Thu Nov GMT Greenwich Standard Time Connection mode Automatic connection with a profile Profile UseFaithGroup SSID UseFaithGroup Report Info WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network Report created - - T Z Report duration days General System Info ComputerName MAX System Manufacturer TOSHIBA System Product Name Satellite P BIOS Date BIOS Version OS Build amd fre rs release inmarket - Machine Id BBD C- F- A- E B-AD DF AA MDM joined False User Info Username Max User Domain MAX User DNS Domain Unknown Network Adapters Device WAN Miniport PPPOE PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS PPPOEMINIPORT Guid C A -CDC - E - E - A CD FA C Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport PPTP PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS PPTPMINIPORT Guid AE -E C - C-AD - ADA EACE Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport IKEv PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS AGILEVPNMINIPORT Guid B - AA - D E- B D- A A Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller PNP ID PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS FC amp REV amp A amp amp E Guid EB E - A E- -BBC - A B A B Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device Microsoft ISATAP Adapter PNP ID SWD IP TUNNEL VBUS ISATAP Guid D EDFA- A- AE -AE A-F E B Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter PNP ID ROOT KDNIC Guid B - - - AD - ACAB Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x b Device RAS Async Adapter PNP ID SW EEAB -C - D -B B- FC E ASYNCMAC Guid CB E D -C A - EA - -FEBF ACFE Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport Network Monitor PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS NDISWANBH Guid B C -E BA- C C-AFEE-EBAD FD E B Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport IP PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS NDISWANIP Guid F ADDB- B D- B-A D- A D E Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport SSTP PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS SSTPMINIPORT Guid BE E B- - B - -CB D B D Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport IPv PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS NDISWANIPV Guid B - F - F- A - B B BE Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport L TP PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS L TPMINIPORT Guid EBB DA - FC- A- B -B F C Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device HUAWEI Mobile Connect - G Network Card PNP ID USB VID D amp PID C amp MI amp CD AF amp amp Guid D F - B - EE -A E- C E E Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Script Output Output for 'ipconfig all' Windows IP Configuration Host Name Max Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D F - B - EE -A E- C E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Mobile Broadband adapter Cellular Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description HUAWEI Mobile Connect - G Network Card Physical Address - E- - F- F-DC DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/69562-wlan-autoconfig-service-failed-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hai

I own a Hp Pavvilion zv5000 Wlan Issue laptop.
I had no probs with the Wlan for some time.
Now the Wlan is not working.
It shows there are connections near to the Laptop but when I try to choose the network there appeas no connection.

I have reinstalled the driver many times.. also tried with usb flash too.
But nothing happens..

Pls help !

A:Hp Pavvilion zv5000 Wlan Issue

Are you connecting to your own network? If not, try a free wireless hotspot or something like Starbucks... and see if it can connect well there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-pavvilion-zv5000-wlan-issue-361265.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey all,
I am having a issue with my ASUS F5GL laptop. Everytime I resume from a hibernation, I have to first flick the WLAN switch to on, leave it for about 3 secs, then flick it back to on, then use the hotkey to switch it off, then to switch it on otherwise my network connection is displayed "Unidentified Network" and Windows will not find any WLAN acces pointss, even when I sit right next to one. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just my laptop?

A:WLAN issue after resume from hibernation

Have you tried re-installing your wireless adapter driver?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/283109-wlan-issue-after-resume-hibernation.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all,

This is my first post here, and I'm in need of some help. My WLAN has stopped working. It IS enabled in BIOS. Drivers are up-to-date.

I'm running a Lenovo Y560, Win7. Ethernet LAN is still working (obviously).

Here's some pictures:

Fn+F5 (Wireless on/off), as well as the physical Wireless On/Off switch on the front of the laptop, does nothing.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 50.74%

I'm running 8.1. In some hotels I access their wifi and the icon says connected, but its not. No splash screen or anything. Other hotels and places I connect without any trouble when the icon says connected. What can I do? I deleted previous connections
that I will not use again.

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c54b3d8-8db7-4c83-8310-26720ff69f46/unable-to-connect-in-some-hotels-even-though-the-wifi-icon-says-connected-but-can-connect-fine-in?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.74%

When i was using windows 8 the wifi was good and would never get disrupted.But i updated to windows 8.1 and now when am downloading something the wifi gets disconnected and wont show the network even if the router is on and my phone is still connected to it.I have to toggle the wifi on and off for some 6-7 times and then toggle airplane mode on and off for 3-4 times to get it to discover the network.Is this because of the adapter or driver and my laptop has a ralink wifi adapter.What should i do?Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 wifi issue ralink wifi adapter and envy 15t j001...

Goutham, Welcome to the HP Forum. You might try the following Ralink driver for Windows 8.1 :sp63945 Mediatek - alink 802.11 WiFi Adapter V5.0.34.0 - Win 8.1 [Devices] (Hardware Ids)PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539F="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3592="Ralink RT3592 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090="Ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539A="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290="Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter"PCI\VEN_14C3&DEV_7630="Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter "Your computer's webpage does show a few drivers for Windows 8.1:HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j001tx Notebook PC Drivers  Hope this helps. Click the Kudos Star!It is a great ?Thank You? to the HP Experts who are here to help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Windows-8-1-wifi-issue-ralink-wifi-adapter-and-envy-15t/td-p/3117459
Relevancy 50.74%

Latitude E running Windows Was working fine and then days ago the wifi dropped and won't go back on When I boot up the wifi icon shows wifi to a Can't Wifi shows any red more. icon x. connect black and white with the little asterisk I can click on it and see my network and my neighbors all showing up fine However after I click to try to join the network it thinks for a bit and then says Can't connect to this network Even if I put Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. in the wrong passcode I get the same error so it's Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. never getting far enough to even validate that After I click Close to that the Wifi icon then shows with a red white x I can then no longer see any wifi networks available at all After a minute or so the red white 'x' goes away and I can then try again but get the exact same results The network card that was in the laptop DW didn't technically have a Windows driver from Dell so I took a card from a different laptop that is supported DW but it has the exact same results I also tried connecting to a different wifi and got the exact same results Anyone have any idea what might be causing this or how I can fix it My other laptops phones Fire TV stick etc can all connect to the router just fine The laptop was just reimaged a week or so ago and worked fine for a few days before this happened Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65842-cant-connect-wifi-any-more-wifi-icon-shows-red-x.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am totally disappointed with Asus. The problem remains unresolved after almost more than 2 years.

I hv tried all the methods mentioned at :

http://support.asus.com/Troubleshoo...en&p=3&m=A43SD&s=310&hashedid=n/a&os=&no=1773

I really regret why I purchased Asus at first place. The experience has been so much frustrating and waste of money, time and energy.

DEAR ASUS YOU SHOULD NOT BE MAKING/ SELLING A PRODUCT OF SUCH AN INFERIOR QUALITY".

TOTALLY RIDICULOUS & DISGUSTING.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi i recently upgraded from vista to Windows 7. The wifi icon that detects wifi is missing....

Using speccy it says that wifi has not been enabled....how do i enable it? Any Ideas?

I have visited the Packard Bell website to update drivers but the only info I have on the model is Notebook ZH7 but amazingly there is no refernece to this model on their site. I have downloaded and scanned and installed drivers from Device Doctor but still no joy...

How on earth can I connect to the internet? Any ideas? THANKS

A:No wifi icon at a loss to connect by wifi

hi is there not a button the top of the keyboard that turns wireless on or off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130786-no-wifi-icon-loss-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi All,

Win8:
I have two wifi APs in the home and I have it all set up so that one is the Internet by cell phone tether and the other is the cabled network via the router wifi.

Works just fine - except.

On wifi 1, Internet I have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does.

On wifi 2, Network I also have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does NOT do. I have to go in and connect manually even though the "Connect automatically" is checked.

It seems win8 sees "Connect automatically"and does it but then stops checking other connections. Probably a "feature."

Is there some way to force both "Connect automatically" to happen?

Thanks

A:Wifi Auto-Connect to two-wifi APs, problem

There is a group policy setting for this, but even if both are connected you will only be using one of those connections at a time.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45509-wifi-auto-connect-two-wifi-aps-problem.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a 2wire HomePortal 1000SW and my Dell Inspiron 6400 has a Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN MiniCard. They were connecting until about a month or so ago. I even did a system restore and it didn't fix the problem. I'm using the dell wireless wlan card utilty to manage my wireless network on my inspiron. The site monitor tab shows the 2wire network but I still can't connect.

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I have a very peculiar problem I m trying to connect my desktop to my laptop over the WLAN Both computers are connected to the router as well as I ve got no problems sharing files to my PS via media servers But connecting the two computers is impossible I ve tried everything I can think of I ve tried connecting the two both using Homegroup services and in the old fashion way without the Homegroup service using only IPv The only way I can make them connect to each other is to use a crossed cable This works without problems a but cable Win7 Any works. over PC's crossed WLAN, Solved: two connect ideas? Can't using static IPs I also tried to connect the two PCs by making an Ad-Hoc but again they were troubling to connect So to me it seems like firewall settings and sharing in general works ok but making it work over WLAN is very troublesome If you could give me some advices what to try it would be very appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Solved: Can't connect two Win7 PC's over WLAN, but a crossed cable works. Any ideas? Q-PRO Rev xx MS C BLWL Antivirus AntiVir Desktop Updated and Enabled Windows IP-konfigurasjon in Norwegian Vertsnavn Konkelimonke Prim r DNS-suffiks Nodetype Hybrid IP-ruting aktivert Nei WINS Proxy aktivert Nei S keliste for DNS-suffiks WN- R Tr dl st LAN-kort Wireless - USB Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks WN- R Beskrivelse USB Wireless LAN Card Fysisk adresse - F-CF- - - DHCP aktivert Ja Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja Koblingslokal IPv -adresse fe c d fc b Foretrukket IPv -adresse Foretrukket Nettverksmaske Leieavtale inng tt april Leieavtale utl per april Standard gateway DHCP-server DHCPv -IAID DHCPv klient-DUID - - - - - B- - C- - - -DF- -E DNS-servere NetBIOS over Tcpip Aktivert Ethernet-kort Local Area Connection Disabled Medietilstand Medium frakoblet Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks Beskrivelse TAP-Win Adapter V Fysisk adresse -FF- -DD- -E DHCP aktivert Ja Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja Ethernet-kort Local Area Connection Disabled Medietilstand Medium frakoblet Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks Beskrivelse Atheros AR AR AR PCI-E Ethern et Controller Fysisk adresse - - - -FD- DHCP aktivert Nei Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja Tunnelkort isatap DD E - - -A -CC F EA E Disabled Medietilstand Medium frakoblet Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks Beskrivelse Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Fysisk adresse - - - - - - -E DHCP aktivert Nei Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja Tunnelkort Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks Beskrivelse Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Fysisk adresse - - - - - - -E DHCP aktivert Nei Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja IPv -adresse ef fd b f c a b a Fore trukket Koblingslokal IPv -adresse fe b f c a b a Foretrukket Standard gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Deaktivert Tunnelkort isatap WN- R Medietilstand Medium frakoblet Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks WN- R Beskrivelse Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Fysisk adresse - - - - - - -E DHCP aktivert Nei Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja nbsp

A:Solved: Can't connect two Win7 PC's over WLAN, but a crossed cable works. Any ideas?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU U4100 @ 1.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4027 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1821 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 464838 MB, Free - 77319 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire 4810T, Base Board Version, LXPKQ020790011EC452000
Antivirus: AntiVir Desktop, Updated and Enabled

Windows IP-konfigurasjon

Vertsnavn . . . . . . . . . . . : Acer
Primær DNS-suffiks . . . . . . . :
Nodetype . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP-ruting aktivert . . . . . . . : Nei
WINS Proxy aktivert . . . . . . . : Nei
Søkeliste for DNS-suffiks . . . . : WN-200R

Trådløst LAN-kort Trådløs nettverkstilkobling 5:

Medietilstand . . . . . . . . . . : Medium frakoblet
Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks :
Beskrivelse . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #
Fysisk adresse . . . . . . . . . : 00-1E-64-38-F8-33
DHCP aktivert . . . . . . . . . . : Ja
Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert : Ja

Ethernet-kort Lokal tilkobling 2:

Beskrivelse . . . . . . . . . . : TAP-Win32 Adapter V9
Fysisk adresse . . . . . . . . . : 00-FF-ED-97-E8-9F

Trådløst LAN-kort Trådløs nettverkstilkobling:

Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks : WN-200R
Beskrivelse . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN
Fysisk adresse . . . . . . . . . : 00-1E-64-38-F8-32
Koblingslokal IPv6-adresse. . . . : fe80::ecd0:ae2d:4a4e:d39b%12(Foretrukket)

IPv4-adresse. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2(Foretrukket)
Nettverksmaske . . . . . . . . . .: 255.255.255.0
Leieavtale inngått. . . . . . . . : 7. april 2011 14:34:50
Leieavtale utløper. . . . . . . . : 10. april 2011 14:34:49
Standard gateway . . . . . . . . .: 192.168.1.254
DHCP-server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
DHCPv6-IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 318774884
DHCPv6 klient-DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-12-D9-C7-4A-00-26-2D-7C-33-20

DNS-servere . . . . . . . . . . . : 213.46.172.36
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Aktivert

Ethernet-kort Lokal tilkobling:

Beskrivelse . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con
troller
Fysisk adresse . . . . . . . . . : 00-26-2D-7C-33-20
DHCP aktivert . . . . . . . . . . : Nei

Tunnelkort isatap.WN-200R:

Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks : WN-200R
Beskrivelse . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Fysisk adresse . . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

Tunnelkort isatap.{ED97E89F-12EE-4CCA-9663-D507541855A4}:

Beskrivelse . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnelkort Lokal tilkobling* 3:

Beskrivelse . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6-adresse. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:5ef5:79fd:34de:3f9a:c10a:b48a(Fore
trukket)
Koblingslokal IPv6-adresse. . . . : fe80::34de:3f9a:c10a:b48a%18(Foretrukket)

Standard gateway . . . . . . . . .: ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Deaktivert

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-two-win7-pcs-over-wlan-but-a-crossed-cable-works-any-ideas.990179/
Relevancy 50.31%

This is the idea, I have DVR for CCTV and I need to configure it for port forwarding, and since it has only LAN connection it is not possible to connect in pocket wifi, so i used to have a wireless router since it has a LAN connection. But I do not know how to do this connection as the wireless router to be a bridge in my pocket wifi to DVR, Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

A:How to connect pocket wifi to wireless router, to connect the dvr for cctv?

I'm not at all sure I understand. Are you trying to use the wireless router as a Wireless Bridge (to connect to the pocket wifi via wireless and the DVR via ethernet)? If so, does the router have wireless bridge (or AP Client) mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-pocket-wifi-to-wireless-router-to-connect-the-dvr-for-cctv.1140640/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 50.31%

I upgraded my friends HP laptop to Windows The issue now is I can't enable Wifi The card is recognized correctly in Device manager and no issues is found with it It looks like it is fine However in the Network Settings WLAN is set to quot Off quot and when I try to turn it on it always jumps right back to off eg I can't enable it HP is now help as they clearly state enable Upgrade Win10 after WiFi Can't Issue: Dreaded WiFi any laptop bought prior to specific date in will not get any driver updates from their side for windows Guys never buy HP again please And updating through device manager only tells me it's the newest driver available The Wifi card i Broadcom GN card I searched for win drivers but did not find anything They only offer linux drivers on their homepage So can anyone either provide a solution to the issue or link to a win ' driver for this wifi card

A:Dreaded Win10 WiFi Issue: Can't enable WiFi after Upgrade

I had a similar issue were I was stuck in Aeroplane mode on a cleanly installed W10. Turned out I had to uninstall it from the HID's in Device manager. It's worth checking that he's not stuck in it too. Search for drivers in Windows 7, from the HP website and you'll most likely resolve the issue.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42424-dreaded-win10-wifi-issue-cant-enable-wifi-after-upgrade.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have an XPS 13 9350 running Windows 7 64bit with a Dell 1820a 11ac wireless adaptor and when connecting any USB or thunderbolt dock with a Realtek wired adaptor the wlan switching to LAN does not work. Both wired and wired remain on and I have the latest wireless driver from Dell. No where in the BIOS does it show a setting to turn on or off WLAN/LAN auto switching. Now if we use the Windows 10 OS on the XPS the lan/wlan switching works. Any ideas or is this a limitation to the driver on Windows 7?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984457
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi

Havn't been here for a while but I now have a big issue... I run a Win7 64bit PC...

My screen has started to freeze contantly and my only common issue here is my WLAN card (ANATEL). When the PC is stable (ish) the WLAN card dissapears and there is no option through network setings to check it's properties. It's intermittent except it seems to have permanently vanished now. I use my PC only on wireless and not through the LAN.

Since the WLAN card has stopped working I'm not getting any screen freezes (at the moment) .. the only big install recently was the SP1 for 64bit which loaded last week.

I have now removed the WLAN card and now looking into a new one but maybe the problem is a simple one or maybe more to do with the motherboard.... who knows! Any ideas would be appriciated.
Thanks

A:Screen Freezes possible WLAN card issue

Hello,

I assume that you have the latest drivers for said WLAN card? If not that is your first port of call.

I had a similar issue with a WLAN card on Vista years ago, intermittent freezing etc. Newer drivers helped but the manufacturer was slow at releasing fully compatible drivers. I returned the card.

If you have the latest (and certified drivers) then it may be hardware specific faults.

Are you able to remove the card and try it in a non Win7 PC?

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/177525-screen-freezes-possible-wlan-card-issue.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello again The computer I am using is a laptop and I usually use WLAN to connect to the internet Solved: not WLAN LAN. works wierd but issue. Very I am as I type this A few minutes ago I was downloading a big download and thought that I wanted to download it faster So I decided to connect to the LAN I plugged in my ethernet Solved: Very wierd issue. WLAN works but not LAN. cable to my laptop and I see that LAN is connecting Satisfied with myself I look at my download and am surprised that it completely stopped The internet wasn t working I checked my LAN and the laptop said it was connecting but the quot received quot packets were only a few I tried to go on the internet That didn t work As I scratch my head I decided to plug out and in again my router and modem It didn t work Now one fact that utterly confuses me is that my laptop decides to use my WLAN over my LAN a setting I had not configured I don t even know how to do that Also my WLAN icon shows up on my taskbar but not my LAN Wierd I decided to disable my WLAN while using my LAN as the laptop chooses to use my WLAN over my LAN Another fact is that when I enabled my WLAN to get on the internet it connected without any problems I ve heard of people not having WLAN connection while having LAN connection but in my case I have WLAN connection but not my LAN connection I known as a tech geek by my friends and definitely know more about PCs than the avarage joe but this problem leaves me stumped I specialize in security not networking so I don t know much about IP DNS etc My router is a linksys wireless-g broadband router model WRT GS I am using windows xp home edition I have service pack If you need any more info please feel free to ask Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Very wierd issue. WLAN works but not LAN.

What happens if you disconnect the wireless connection with the wired connection active? Does it then revert to the wired connection?

Please do this as well.

Open a command prompt and type ROUTE print and paste the results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-very-wierd-issue-wlan-works-but-not-lan.897831/