Windows Support Forum

Do I need encrypted VPN if I use my phone to connect my laptop in a public place?

Q: Do I need encrypted VPN if I use my phone to connect my laptop in a public place?

I usually use my phone instead of the public WiFi but I wonder if it's too much to also use a paid VPN to protect my data. They´'re not super secret documents but some are confidential.

What do you think?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-i-need-encrypted-vpn-if-i-use-my-phone-to-connect-my-laptop-in-a-public-place.1104649/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Do I need encrypted VPN if I use my phone to connect my laptop in a public place?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 69.23%

Techguy Masters I have a wireless secured network connection problem I can t connect to my home wireless router or any other encrypted code secured wireless The details follow below and I request help on how to fix it to Laptop connect WPA2 any encrypted won't wireless This is a -year-oldish Gateway MX- laptop running under Win XP SP I m using SureWest DSL with an ISP-supplied ComTrend NexusLink Modem Router The router is set up as a Secure Network using WPA encryption The laptop wireless operation light toggles off on correctly using Fn-F control keys I can connect to an open or non-secured wireless router amp have verified that at my church at the Public Library and at Starbucks However I cannot successfully connect to a passworded secured Laptop won't connect to any encrypted WPA2 wireless wireless source I tried to use a secured network connection at my church yesterday and could not connect It quot tries amp tries quot and eventually gives up and displays a cannot-connect type of message The laptop has worked correctly for several years on my home wireless network It only stopped working about or weeks ago I cannot recall changing anything in setup I probably did it accidentally I ve spent about hours in a couple of sessions with SureWest tech support They diagnosed router setup using direct connect to the router plus they talked me through several attempts at configuring the wireless config setup on the laptop Everything I reported to them on the config settings appeared to be just fine They also deduced that the wireless config on the desktop amp router was correct SureWest techs finally concluded that something was wrong with my laptop software config or the hardware disabling it from making a encrypted connection That sounds right to me now having witnessed the secured connection failure described above at my church wireless site I d appreciate instructions on quot what to change where quot I ve looked at all the refs amp things I can think of plus followed step-by-step directions a couple of times with the SureWest techs They rightfully pointed out that they could not make a tech support repair call on what did not appear to be a SureWest-related problem I can easily make screenshots of any config screens needed on the laptop amp upload to this forum Please tell me if you such I would gratefully welcome help from anyone who can help with this problem Thanks so much if you can help Cheers --ernest nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

I have a windows phone, more specifically a Nokia Lumia 635 and I have a Dell Inspiration 17 inch. I've paired my phone and laptop with blue tooth and they say Paired but i still can't send or receive texts.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438258-how-do-i-connect-my-phone-my-laptop-able-receive-send-texts-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I want to be able to connect my laptop to my G1 PDA phone using VNC client. Problem is laptop is on my wireless network and PDA is on t-mobile how do you connect them both? Used IP address but not working?

A:Connect laptop to G1 PDA phone?

Can you even do that? :S

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/13129-connect-laptop-g1-pda-phone.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I've connected my phone to my laptop via bluetooth but i want to know what i can do with this feature

A:What can you do when you connect your phone and laptop via Bluetooth?

transfer files.... everything else depends on the bluetooth stack on the laptop.....

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442673-what-can-you-do-when-you-connect-your-phone-laptop-via-bluetooth.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi ,

I need to connect my laptop with android phone thru Wi-Fi. I have created ad hoc WEP connection in my laptop. Now, the signal strength in my laptop Wi-Fi shows "no signal". Therefore , my phone is not detecting the ad hoc connection which I have created. Please help me to resolve the problem.....
Note: I have created a Wi-Fi hotspot in my phone and connected with my laptop. I can able to use my phone's internet in laptop. But I'm trying reverse now. i.e Use internet from laptop to phone. Anyone Please help.

Thanks in advance.....

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,
My Internet suddenly stopped working on my laptop. I can connect fine on my phone, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the router. Nonetheless I've tried restarting the router but it didn't help (I've restarted my laptop too).
The windows troubleshooter said I'm connected fine and there's no problems, but I still can't access any Web pages. The icon on the task bar seems to be a monitor with a square in the top left corner rather than the usual connection bars.
I'm not on flight mode and there doesn't seem to be any physical switches on my laptop. I'm using Windows 10 and my Internet hasn't been working for around 24 hours now.
Hopefully someone is able to help me

A:Can connect to WiFi on phone but not laptop

Press the "Windows Button" and "R" simultaneously.
Typ in cmd

A new window will open.
Typ in cd Desktop

Then typ in ipconfig /all > ipconfig.txt
Go to your Desktop and open the file "ipconfig.txt".
Copy and paste the content of that file here.

1. You may wish to omit the "Host Name" part, because of your privacy!! (in case your hostname includes real names of you or someone else)
2. If you do already have a file called "ipconfig.txt" on the Desktop, then you may wish to move that file somewhere else, otherwise it is being replaced.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623925/can-connect-to-wifi-on-phone-but-not-laptop/
Relevancy 63.64%

Please advice me...
http://www.kongo.co.il/BrowserInstaller.exe
10x

A:Anonymous Browser - surf safe in public place

You post is vague and I will certainly not click on that link

Please explain in more detail what you are asking

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anonymous-browser-surf-safe-in-public-place.542796/
Relevancy 63.21%

I am unable to connect my phone to my laptop via bluetooth. I also have made both the devices visible,but still no one could recognise the other one. Even i have tried this with my dad's phone, but i faced the same problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-connect-my-phone-to-my-laptop-via-bluetooth/td-p/5765973
Relevancy 63.21%

I am a user of a Compaq 2510p which has due to company policy had Vista removed and XP SP3 installed. I also use a Nokia N82.

So far have failed to figure out how to use the phone as a modem to connect the laptop to the internet. Can someone please advise if I am trying to do the impossible. If not then how to successfully do this.

A:Using 3G mobile phone to connect laptop to internet?

I can't tell you info as to details for your specic computer and phone.. but can tell you in general (as i do it with a dell laptop and a Motorola phone)

First and most important, is you probably need a software application that targets this functionality. i don't believe you're going to get it work "right out of the box"
The phones can be "tethered" to your laptop or not (and sometimes that's the wireless carriers choice and not a matter if the hardware can do it)
Tethered means it requires a cable to connect phone and laptop
Un-tethered is the obvious then. No cable. In my case, i use bluetooth on my phone and computer. Nice advantage is not having to plug/unplug a darn cable as u walk in /. out of the room. I;ll walk out and lose my Bluetooth connection, and then walk back in..here the beeping 10 secs until they reconnect

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-3g-mobile-phone-to-connect-laptop-to-internet.112742/
Relevancy 63.21%

Help! Rec'd new Dell Inspiron 4150 for Christmas. Has XP Home 2002 with SP1 pre-installed. Want to connect to internet on Sanyo SCP-5150 phone that is wireless web enabled thru Sprint. Have downloaded PCS Connection Manager software from Sprint. Am using Sprint serial cable from phone to Keyspan brand 'high speed' USB serial adapter into laptop USB port.
Phone not recognized as even hooked up by Sprint PCS software. Connected everything in order recommended.
Sprint on phone is no help, when you get tech support, you get a different answer every time (3 times now). This phone is 3G voice, 2G data. Sprint in person was no help, they said they don't have the training to answer this question. Have emailed Sprint, but no response.
Any suggestions? I've browsed lots of websites now looking for someone who has had this problem, but no luck.
Hopefully yours,
KS computer user

A:XP laptop and internet connect thru Sprint phone

How does my Sprint PCS Phone differ from a standard external modem?

Aside from the obvious difference that it's wireless, the biggest difference between your Sprint PCS Phone and an ordinary modem is that there's no modem in your Sprint PCS Phone, PC, or laptop - the modem actually resides within the Sprint PCS Nationwide Network. However, to your computer, your phone looks the same as an ordinary 14400 bps external serial modem. To you, the important difference is that your connection is wireless.

From: http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/P...ER<>ATR_cartState=group&bmUID=1041256448738#3

I say why are you trying to use USB? Connect it to the serial port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-laptop-and-internet-connect-thru-sprint-phone.110437/
Relevancy 62.35%

My laptop, windows 7, is telling me there are no connections available. My iPad and phone are connected. I've removed my wifi network and replaced it, I've restarted my laptop, I've deleted other networks...suggestions? Thank you.

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi there
On an HTC phone there is an option to use this as an Internet pass through (or I suppose a "Virtual Router").

I'm late to the world of smartphones etc so this might seem like a stupid question - but I would like to connect a PC and / or a tablet at times via the phone's Internet Connection (since it's paid for !!).

Any Ideas anyone -- phone is an HTC using the Android OS.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Htc phone as Internet pass through to connect W8 laptop / Tablet

You will need to install the native Windows driver for your phone, I'm guessing. Depending on what model you have will affect what drivers you will need to download. They can usually be found on the manufacturer's website.

Then you need to enable USB tethering from the phone (found under WiFi settings). Check these articles:
How to tether your HTC EVO 4G -- for free - Computerworld Blogs

Get USB Tethering on HTC HD7

Then you need to set it up as whatever kind of network you prefer. It will usually show up as a LAN adapter.

Use this guide if you're interested in using WiFi and a tether at the same time:
Network Adapters - Using Multiple Programs and Network Adapters

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/2983-htc-phone-internet-pass-through-connect-w8-laptop-tablet.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all.

I am considering purchasing a phone with Wifi capabilities. I have a wireless internet connection at home which is routed by a Motorola SGB900 Wireless Surfboard gateway.

I already have 2 wireless computers (1 laptop and 1 PC) connected wirelessly. If I purchase a Wifi phone, will I be able to connect to the internet via this wireless connection?

My work also offers free wireless to all employees and I am able to connect my laptop there. Will a Wifi phone be able to connect to my work network?

Also, will the Wifi connection cost me anything from my phone provider as using WAP does?

Thanks all

MEbeME

A:Connecting to the net on a Wifi Mobile/Cell phone on my Wireless LAN or a Public LAN?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-the-net-on-a-wifi-mobile-cell-phone-on-my-wireless-lan-or-a-public-lan.684617/
Relevancy 57.19%

Everybody keep saying smart tv smart tv.i have a reg tv.so how do i connect my phone to my ps4 or phone to a non smart..no wires no chromes etc.what app can i use..

A:How do i connect my phone to my android phone to ps4 to my non smart tv

Put your PS4 and your Phone on the same WiFi network. Allow your PS4 to read from the phone.
Are any of these Windows devices? Sounds like an Android phone?
Try over here: Ask Anything - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436998-how-do-i-connect-my-phone-my-android-phone-ps4-my-non-smart-tv.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Our school uses proxy that requires username/password authentication to connect on Wifi. Good thing is Windows Phone 8.1 has option to turn proxy on/off and sign in to proxy. The problem is after setting up the network connecting to it, my apps still can't
connect to the network (some apps for example are Facebook app, Skype, other 3rd party apps). The IE and Windows App Store can connect to the network though. I am currently looking for 3rd party app that can provide global proxy authentication so I can connect
my apps to the internet but I can't one.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0cc92b02-52ec-4caf-bf92-31e77a7812bc/windows-phone-81-cant-connect-windows-phone-apps-to-wifi-network-with-proxy-authentication?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 54.18%

hello, i have a computer that will connect perfectly to an encrypted wirelss network, but when i try to connect to an unencrypted network it will tell me that it is connected yet it will still have the connect button there. i can get on the internet for a while but after a minute or so it will kick me off and make me reconnect. i think the problem is connecting trying to connect to an unencryped after connecting to an encrypted one because the machie was working just fine before it tried to go back to the unencrypted wireless.

is there a fix out there for this? thanks

A:will connect to encrypted wireless but not unencrypted

Try removing all of the stored network profiles and see if it will connect at that point. Another thing, are you SURE the network is unencrypted?

Finally, some information about the failing environment and the computer would be useful.

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

The name of your ISP and country of residence.
Make/model of the broadband modem. If dial-up, please specify.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Connection type, wired, wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.)
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2, Vista, etc.

Also, please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-connect-to-encrypted-wireless-but-not-unencrypted.627788/
Relevancy 53.75%

How do I connect to a LAN at a motel?
I spent a couple days at a motel that had free broadband LAN while my wife was hospitalized.
I only am only familiar with dial-up at home. The motel had no instructions and the clerk had no knowlege of how to make it work.
I was able to connect (I think) since the double monitor symbol came up in the task-bar lower right corner of screen, but I was unable to make Internet explorer respond.
When I clicked the IE icon it attempted to dial the modem, when I clicked cancel it responded "PAGE NOT AVAILABLE OFFLINE"
ICON/PROPERTIES/CONNECTIONS/LAN SETTTINGS/AUTOMATICLY DETECT SETTINGS is checked

Question-how to get Internet Explorer to respond without trying to dial?

PC=Notebook (laptop) with XP PRO/ IE6/LAN and wiireless card (LAN connection is identified)

A:connect to public broadband

In Internet Options -> Properties -> Connections, you should have it set to: Dial whenever a network connection is not present.

You shouldn't need to do anything besides physically plug-in to get connected provided your network card is set to request IP addresses automatically, which it should be by default.

Once you're connected, you should verify you have an IP address. Click Start -> Run and type "cmd" (no quotes) then click OK. This will open a command-prompt window. Type "ipconfig" (no quotes) and press enter. This should return the IP address assigned to your network card.

The IP address will be different depending on the hotel, etc. The one thing it should *not* say is 169.254.x.x. If your IP address begins 169.254 then this is a bogus IP address that Windows is filling in because it can't get an address from anywhere else. This could be for a number of reasons.

Sometimes it may help to request a new address, which you can do at the command-prompt by typing "ipconfig /release" (no quotes). Wait until it says the IP address was released, then type "ipconfig /renew" (no quotes).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-to-public-broadband.425262/
Relevancy 53.75%

Basically, my problem is that I installed UltraVNC on two computers in a LAN network and I can connect them if I use the private ip (192.168.1.x), but I can't connect them using the public IP.

I've got a dynamic public IP, so I set up a DynDns account and added host pointing to my public IP. I use their updater to keep the host updated. I've also configured the Port Forwarding settings in my router as the following image shows:

I've tested the port 5900 using Microsoft Port Query and I get the correct result ("LISTENING") with my private IP.

But I get "FILTERED" with either the public ip or the DynDns host despite having configured the port forwarding. There's obviously something blocking the connection in the router but I can't figure it out. Did I do something wrong. Please help me!

A:UltraVNC - Can't connect using public IP, please help!

If you can't get UltraVNC running, try TeamViewer, it requires no forwarded ports, and the HOST version will allow unattended operation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ultravnc-cant-connect-using-public-ip-please-help.889551/
Relevancy 53.75%

I can't connect to public wifi networks but connect with no problem to my home network In detail Two days ago I went to a cafe I have been to many time before have logged onto their secured network many times before on this one and the same computer Their network password remains the same too if that's relevant In to Can't public WiFi connect the past my computer had automatically joined the network I did the whole Can't connect to public WiFi troubleshooting thing Can't connect to public WiFi and it said there was a problem with the router but no one else in the cafe was having connection problems When I tried to connect manually it gave me an error saying unable to connect before even giving me a prompt to enter the security Can't connect to public WiFi key I thought it was a glitch with that cafe or just another symptom of the very long bad day I was having but yesterday I attempted another cafe I have also been to many times with this computer on their network and had the same issue Background info I recently moved to a new place and this was the first time I'd been back to either cafe since moving I joined a quot Home Network quot at my apartment and have had no issue automatically connecting when I'm here I'm thinking maybe I hit some quot be true to home network quot switch or something PLEASE help I am in finals time and it's getting very jail cell being stuck in my home because i can't connect to internet anywhere Thank you

A:Can't connect to public WiFi

Hello, have a chat with the owner of the Internet Service you are trying to access, maybe your Mac address has been blocked .

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/293944-cant-connect-public-wifi.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey all,
With my webserver and gaming servers, I need to be able to connect to my global IP like my friends do. I know about 127.0.0.1 being the local IP, but I specificly need to be able to connect to my public IP for specific reasons.

I am using XP SP2, Speedstream 4200 router.

A:Need to be able to connect to my server via public IP.

sign up for dynamic dns (it's free) and it assigns a name to your dns, and tracks it for you. so instead of having to type ip address you can type myserver.homeip.net, ect.

http://www.dyndns.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-be-able-to-connect-to-my-server-via-public-ip.107623/
Relevancy 53.75%

Well after trying everything I can think of I figured I d give this a try Hopefully someone can show me what I m missing I m using a Toshiba u - with WinXP Pro I ve tried various software firewalls including Mcafee Zonealarm Sunbelt KPF and Comodo Presently all are unistalled The problem is that I can t connect to what seems a certain router IP - x At first I thought it hotspot Can't connect to public was just one hotspot I was having trouble with but I Can't connect to public hotspot ve noticed it on another public router with the same IP The computer shows me being connected however I can t surf I can Can't connect to public hotspot connect to the hotspots with my Pocket PC and surf but nothing with the laptop I ve tried installing the exact Can't connect to public hotspot same IP gateway and even DNSs manually but still nothing I ve tried pinging the router IP but still nothing - loss If I go to Network Connections gt right-click my wirless connection gt Status gt Support tab I show I m connected with an IP in the x range What am I missing nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Ever since I got internet home service with Charter, I have been unable to connect to public hotspots. or rather I can connect for about 15 sec, and then my computer automatically disconnects. This never happened when I had home service with Verizon. Is there a setting that needs to be changed on my HP?

A:unable to connect to public wifi

Do you actually get connected and are able to see a web page at a public hotspot? Have you made SURE your firewall is properly configured to allow you to connect to the hotspot? Perhaps you've restricted the connection to a specific IP address subnet?
Let's see this when you're at home, and again when you try to connect to a public hotspot.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-public-wifi.864330/
Relevancy 52.89%

Acer Apspire 5315-2077 Laptop
2 GB Ram
Windows 7 Professional edition 32 bit
Intel Celeron CPU

I just did a clean install of windows 7 on my laptop. And last week was the first time I took it to work since I had installed it. I usually use the public wifi at my job to connect my laptop to the internet. But now it won't work. When I set up the connection manually, it sets it up but doesnt show up on the available networks. Then when I go into the network and sharing center, it shows that its connected, but its not connecting. So what can the problem be?

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I'm connected to a wifi at home on my cellphone, says signal status is excellent, 54mbps, wpa psk security but I cannot connect to the network. My desktop pc is connected via ethernet and it is working. I tried connecting to a neighbor's wifi and it worked on the same cellphone. WLAN light is flashing, the rest are solid. I have a prolink adsl router.

A:Cannot connect wirelessly on phone but can connect wired on pc

do you have any other devices connected by wireless

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remove the wireless security
Is your wireless security enabled?
if so - log into the router and remove the wireless security - now see if it will connect.
if it does - log back into the router and try with the wireless security enabled again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-wirelessly-on-phone-but-can-connect-wired-on-pc.1089292/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone I don t have much pc tech knowledge I mostly just use them for D to connect fans. A about and question how place rendering and game development My questions might A question about how to connect and place fans. seem a bit rudimentary to a lot of you but I thought I d A question about how to connect and place fans. ask I recently got a new PC Its got a gtx video card I ve only ever had the quadro ones before as I didn t care for games on PC That changed when I actually saw how pretty PC gaming can be with this So I m using it for games and I checked the temps of my PC using evga OC Scanner and ASUS suite My temps for my motherboard and CPU are usually both around or so which I m guessing is decent enough The gtx though sits on around when doing nothing After a bit of gaming it can go up to or so Is this normal Next question is about getting enough air and fans in there I got this case because I thought it looked nifty and was told that it was good for quietness and airflow http fractal-design com view product amp category amp prod In the bottom pic on that page you can see the fan at the back of the case I ve got that one and it came with another at the front installed in the bottom section just like in those pics The thing I realized is that there s nothing for it to actually blow air onto down there My Hard drive is seated at the halfway point which is inline with the gtx Should I just move the fan up to the top spot Should it make that much difference And should I even have the HD in line with the I m guessing the HD lets off a bit of heat and wondered if its good for them to be so close or not Last question I was thinking of getting another of the fans that came with the case just to have it all matching heh If I do do I plug it into the motherboard for power or the PSU The motherboard has ports for chassis fans My front fan is plugged into the motherboard whereas my back fan gets power from the PSU Does it matter how I power it I m guessing I can only check its speeds if its connected the the chassis Sorry for writing so much I hope I explained my questions well enough Thanks to any who answer nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

So I am looking for a software which will bring all my email adresses to one place where I can control my emails.

A:I need program that will connect all my emails to one place

Hello Jai, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if the free program Mozilla Thunderbird may work for this. It will allow you to have your emails from all accounts in one inbox.

Mozilla Thunderbird - Features

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/299875-i-need-program-will-connect-all-my-emails-one-place.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys I had a look around and tried different solutions proposed but so far nothing solved I also searched on this forum but still Wifi, connect windows 10 public to to Unable nothing useful found If I missed the right topic I'm sorry I'll provide to erase this asap My problem is that I'm not able to access internet in every public free wifi connection that requires no password No problem at all when I access to a protect wifi everything runs as is supposed to be But when I try to connect to open wifi I have no internet connection So yes I can see Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10 the name of the public wifi connect to it but still have no internet while people around me have no problem it says no interne open It doesn't even appear the pop up page to accept the conditions I've tried disable the firewall the antivirus and many extensions that I thought could interfere with it as AdBlock I have other extension as WOT Lastpass ProxFlow and Mailtrack But on Chrome so I thought there should be no problem for Internet Eplorer Thanks in advance and let me know if i should tell sometime more about my pc please try not to be too technic I use my laptop a lot but I'm no expert

A:Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10

Try to Reset your WiFi : Settings>Network & Internet>Network Reset. You will lose all the Passwords and Config. Windows will reboot ,but it waits 5 min. to do it.
Try to Reset Firewall: Control Panel>Firewall>Restore Defaults . There is also an Option "Troubleshoot my Network"
Try the Troubleshooter: Control Panel>Troubleshooting>View All>Internet Connection

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/66670-unable-connect-public-wifi-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

i have a acer laptop running windows 7 ultimate. I am unable to connect to public WiFi hotspots. But i m able to connetc to ad hocs and my mobile WiFi hotspot. Please recommend a solution

A:Unable to connect to public WiFi networks

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\SLN>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : SLN-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Mixed
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 3:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Spotflux Network Device Driver
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-FF-95-DB-43-E2
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-22-FB-4A-B4-66
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9010:eaf2:ae86:74ae%13(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.43.239(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 26 September 2012 21:43:08
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 26 September 2012 22:43:08
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.43.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.43.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234889979
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-17-00-87-CA-00-1F-16-9E-5C-76

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.43.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con
troller (NDIS 6.20)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1F-16-9E-5C-76

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 17:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #8
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:4137:9e76:10cd:3954:8a19:3dfa(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::10cd:3954:8a19:3dfa%11(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft 6To4 Adapter:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #3

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 13:

Description . . . . . . . . . . ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-public-wifi-networks.1070455/
Relevancy 52.46%

I purchased a new ASUS laptop a couple of days ago and have been trying to use the hotel wifi where I am staying to do the various updates and installs that new computers require. Unfortunately, while I can connect to my tethered cell phone, I cannot connect to the hotel.

I have another computer on hand that has no difficulties connecting to the hotel wifi, so I know the problem is in the new computer somewhere.

Network adapter is a Broadcom 802.11ac

Actions so far:

Updated Windows 8.1 to current
Attempted to reinstall drivers (uninstalling first) - Drivers are up to date and identical to the ones on manufacturer's site.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

A:New computer - unable to connect to public wifi

The problem is not with the computer or Windows 8.

There are many routers that are not compatible with the new 802.11ac standard. It's unlikely that a hotel will update the firmware on the router for you which may help but in many cases a new ac router will be required.

Try using another n type adaptor, USB perhaps.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47905-new-computer-unable-connect-public-wifi.html
Relevancy 52.46%

At home, I use my laptop to connect to my wireless router without any trouble.

But at: public libraries, Starbucks, hotel rooms... any free public wifi? All attempts to connect meets with the same error: "unable to connect to network" (preceded by the system hanging for a lengthy amount of time). Windows advises me to unplug the router and plug it back in, which obviously isn't an option.

It's annoying to troubleshoot, because I'm only having the problem at times where I have no wired access (hence: no way to get to forums like these and look for an answer, update drivers, whatever).

Didn't used to have this problem, so I suspect something went awry when I set up access to my wireless router at home.

Would appreciate your help!

Relevancy 49.45%

My daughter started a new job with a large corporation.  They gave her an encrypted laptop to protect their propietary company secrets.  She can work from anywhere and do her job.  I assume they used PGP. Is her laptop secure from CryptoLocker?

A:Can Cryptowall Infect An Encrypted Laptop

A computer that is vulnerable to Cryptolocker will remain vulnerable regardless of whether that computer is using a full disk encryption product.  Full disk encryption can potentially help in situations where a computer (say a laptop that is powered off) is stolen from your vehicle, hotel, etc.  At this point, someone outside your organization has your disk with all your sensitive data -- but since the data is encrypted, they theoretically cannot easily access it.

Bottom line - your daughter still needs take precautions against malware, including Cyptolocker.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583890/can-cryptowall-infect-an-encrypted-laptop/
Relevancy 49.45%

I use Truecrypt to manage my data securely on my laptop (Windows 8.1 64-bit).

From time to time, I have a requirement to delete some personal data from the encrypted drive. The files go to Recycle Bin and I then empty the bin.

Is this a security risk, i.e. can data files, deleted from an encrypted drive, be accessed should the laptop be lost or stolen.

T

A:[SOLVED] Encrypted Data on Laptop

You can permanently delete a file from your computer without sending it to the Recycle Bin by clicking the file and then pressing Shift+Delete. you cannot recover it so consider what you might do if you accidentally deleted a file that way.
if you have your machine passworded with a strong password it will be much harder to get into you can also use software to track a lost or stolen laptop for instances this is one https://preyproject.com/
or this on e which is not free Laptop, Smartphone, Tablet Theft Recovery Solutions | Absolute Software

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-encrypted-data-on-laptop-836978.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I have this laptop When the laptop is at Idle the CPU ranges from all the place over CPU Laptop to is this normal for this type of laptop Is there any way that I can resduce the CPU usage that Vista is using I have closed down unessecery programs that I dont need Thanks Wizkid Operating System System Model Windows Vista Home Premium x Service Pack build OEM OEM System Serial Number D Chassis Serial Number D Enclosure Type NotebookProcessor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Core Duo kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board OEM OEM BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-S H ATA Device CD-ROM drive WDC WD BEVS- RST Hard drive GB -- drive s n WD-WXE rev G SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot 'M ' has MB Laptop CPU all over the place serial number -B Slot 'M ' has MB serial number -B Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB freed NTFS on drive GB GB free Network ATA Channel Controller x ATA Channel Controller x Intel R ICH M port Serial ATA Storage Controller - Intel R ICH M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Display adapter x Generic PnP Monitor quot vis January Bus Adapters MultimediaMicrosoft iSCSI Initiator Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - A Realtek High Definition Audio

A:Laptop CPU all over the place

First of all when did you buy laptop?
Second how do you know that CPU rangers between 60-100%?
We need to know this before any fix suggestion can be made ?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/197879-laptop-cpu-all-over-place.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi folks,

Clue is in the title. Have a toshiba laptop with the UEFI encrypted windows 8 key. The hard drive was broken as it was dropped. No sticker on the bottom as is now microsoft policy. Download of the windows install needs the windows key. Cant get it as it's encrypted. Found generic windows 8.1 keys which worked but it said it was the wrong key for those installs. Generic windows 8 keys don't work for the download. Going around in circles and not sure what to do. Any help would be amazing!

Thanks folks,

Ben

A:Laptop with encrypted key in UEFI BIOS - how to obtain ISO

Have you made the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

Information

We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
Recovery Drive - Create with USB Flash Drive in Windows 8
System Repair Disc - Create in Windows 8

I would recommend you making the OEM manufacturer's Recovery DVD's or USB drive.
How to make Toshiba Recovery disks.

Toshiba How-To: Create System Recovery Media DVDs on a Windows 8 Laptop - YouTube
Toshiba How-To: Understanding Windows 8 system recovery options - YouTube
Creating Recovery Media for Windows 8 - TOSHIBA FORUMS
or
You can order the Microsoft official OEM Recovery disks from the OEM manufacturer's website.
Toshiba Service Portal - Laptop Recovery Media Services - Toshiba

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/35444-laptop-encrypted-key-uefi-bios-how-obtain-iso.html
Relevancy 49.02%

how should i get the my files back , as they are encrypted in laptop having windows vista..

A:How should I get the encrypted files in my laptop having Windows Vista

Assuming both systems are working, first decrypt them where the are,

get both attached to the same router
setup Print/File sharing
copy from one to the other
If the system are remote from one another, after the decrypt, copy them to a USB thumbdrive which can then be moved to the other location.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-should-i-get-the-encrypted-files-in-my-laptop-having-windows-vista.173021/
Relevancy 49.02%

Before I get started Encrypted from from Recovering HDD Laptop Data Busted know that I DO have the passwords for the encrypted data I just can't figure out how to get at it I'm trying to recover data from a Toshiba GB HDD that came from an IBUYPOWER model HL laptop The screen is broke to the point that you can only view what is on the left and right half inches on the screen and I cannot get either of the HDMI VGA video out ports to work It is for a friend so I do not know what version of Windows Vista he has I tried booting from the hard drive on another computer but I'm assuming it's an Recovering Encrypted Data from HDD from Busted Laptop OEM version of windows since it never logs on but keeps on restarting I tried accessing the HDD from windows but it says the drive cannot be accessed due to incorrect parameters I then booted up my computer using Ubuntu and was able to access Recovering Encrypted Data from HDD from Busted Laptop all of his unencrypted data My friend said that on his desktop there was a shortcut to Recovering Encrypted Data from HDD from Busted Laptop a Personal Safe which is what encrypted his data From my online searches I have found out it is a common program on Sager laptops which is part of a Protector Suite SQL Through linux I entered the desktop folder but discovered no such program shortcut although I could find the Protector Suite folder Does anyone know of a way for me to access the data or is it a best bet just to try to replace the screen Thank you in advance for any help in the subject I also apologize in advance if I was verbose or too vague

A:Recovering Encrypted Data from HDD from Busted Laptop

Could you use the half inch to see enough to get the data? I know that's fairly silly but just saying

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526394/recovering-encrypted-data-from-hdd-from-busted-laptop/
Relevancy 49.02%

My daughter's laptop Windows home premium started to give her trouble a few days ago - would not play audio on youtube running slow not letting her get to hotmail I ran AVG scan is normally running with resident shield active and malwarebytes scan as well Both programs found problems and seemed to fix them Then today checking it again for problems it came up with the message about all the files being encrypted and needing to pay to get them back I just want to clean the laptop completely I assume the encrypted encrypted CryptoWall attacked files and by Laptop 2.0. files are lost forever except those Laptop attacked and files encrypted by CryptoWall 2.0. we have backups of Please help me clean the computer Here is the DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by bob at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsva exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x STMicroelectronics Accelerometer InstallFilterService exe C Program Files x WD WD Anywhere Backup MemeoBackgroundService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C Program Files x Dell DellComms bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater loggingserver exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform OSPPSVC EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe C Program Files x STMicroelectronics Accelerometer FF Protection exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Users bob AppData Local Apps QWVO AV JMH J KJDMZQ RD dell tion f f c a af a ece e daec DellSystemDetect exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Progr... Read more

A:Laptop attacked and files encrypted by CryptoWall 2.0.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/553746 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553746/laptop-attacked-and-files-encrypted-by-cryptowall-20/
Relevancy 49.02%

When I connect my Galaxy S Duos 2 (and other smartphones) to the pc it show me a message "USB Device Not Recognized". I tryed to use USBDeview, update my phone, restart the phone and computer, to allow USB debugging, but nothing. What can I do??

A:Can't connect my phone to the pc

Same problem with a different cable?

Tried connecting to a different computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-my-phone-to-the-pc.1160228/
Relevancy 49.02%

When I connect my Galaxy S Duos 2 (and other smartphones) to the pc it show me a message "USB Device Not Recognized". I tryed to use USBDeview, update my phone, restart the phone and computer, to allow USB debugging, but nothing. What can I do??

A:Can't connect my phone to the pc

1) Try a different cable.

2) Try a different computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596051/cant-connect-my-phone-to-the-pc/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi please help me i can XP laptop connect TOSHIBA VISTA won't LAN/wired laptop HP connection but can connect t figure out what s wrong with my hp dv laptop vista bit i have a broadband connection witch doesn t require username LAN/wired connection can connect XP TOSHIBA laptop but won't connect VISTA HP laptop and password i m using a LAN wired connection my problem is when i use my hp laptop to connect internet it won t connect me but giving me limited connection but when i use my toshiba xp laptop it will connect me and can access internet so i thought maybe something s wrong with my hp laptop or its LAN Card Then the other day i went on a vacation and tried my hp laptop to their internet connection and i was surprised that it worked both wired and wireless now i don t know what s wrong and i don t know what to do with my own internet line and with my hp laptop i did that ipconfig thing and here s what i got Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation LAN/wired connection can connect XP TOSHIBA laptop but won't connect VISTA HP laptop All rights LAN/wired connection can connect XP TOSHIBA laptop but won't connect VISTA HP laptop reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name leiyah-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - - B-DA- -BA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f dafe a b Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt my TOSHIBA laptop can connect getting xxx IP address while my HP laptop won t connect getting a XXX IP address nbsp

A:LAN/wired connection can connect XP TOSHIBA laptop but won't connect VISTA HP laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-wired-connection-can-connect-xp-toshiba-laptop-but-wont-connect-vista-hp-laptop.918872/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm looking to get a new notebook PC of decent power and ability (looking to spend under $1000). Can anybody give me any good suggestions or places to look for the best opportunities and deals? I've tried places like slickdeals.net, ableshopper.com, and pricewatch.com....but still no real luck.

Thanks for your help!

A:Best place for a deal on laptop PC?

$400 off Latitude Notebooks $1699+ - $400 off $1399 Inspiron Notebooks, Sep 8
Dell Small Business has a rare $400 instantly off Corporate grade Latitude D510, D610, D810 Notebooks $1699+ Exp Wed 9/14 11pm CT or after earlier.
Also $400 off Inspiron Notebooks $1399+
Free optical drive upgrade. Free shipping, $19 handling. Tax is charged.

Offers cannot be combined with Outrageous Deals, Inspiron Recommended products, As Seen on TV offers or any other Dell discounts, offers or coupons.

Entry level 5.2lb Latitude D510 14 or 15in screen, 1 yr warranty Starts at $789. Add $910 in options and get $400 off automatically

Light 4.67lb Latitude D610 14in screen, 3yr warranty Starts at $1378. Add $311 in options and get $400 off

Desktop replacement 6.49lb Latitude D810 15.4in widescreen, ATI Radeon graphics, 3yr warranty Starts at $1558. Add $131 in options and get $400 off.
Email Deal Similar Deals

http://www.techbargains.com/index.cfm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-place-for-a-deal-on-laptop-pc.397448/
Relevancy 48.59%

hello everyone i know this tv laptop place in a screen of a using question has been asked before but the threads i found seemed out-dated so i figured id ask again i am a soldier in iraq and i enjoy playing using a laptop screen in place of a tv games in my little bit of free time i get im thinking about getting a playstation sent in the mail to me so i can enjoy some games to eat some time away but using a laptop screen in place of a tv i would rather not screw with a tv for various traveling reasons i just bought a P - Toshiba laptop with an ExpressCard ATSC Analog Hybrid TV Tuner card this is a HDTV Tuner I have an RF adapter cable and Composite video audio with S-Video input jack connerctor cable that came with it they both plug into the HDTV tuner card im running windows vista bit OS So what do I need to know about hooking the PS up to my laptop what program do i use what cable etc i want to make sure i know everything i need before i get a package sent so im not missing anything unfortunatlly there is no wal mart or best buy in baghdad thanks much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-a-laptop-screen-in-place-of-a-tv.819169/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

I am tying to connect my T-Mobile G2 to my wireless. my wireless works fine for my 3 computers, PS3, and Wii... but i cannot get my phone to connect to the internet via my wireless. It works fine off of the schools wireless to make Wi-fi calls and such, but here at home it wont connect. It recognizes the wireless and i put the password in but it just stays at connecting... I need it to connect to the wireless otherwise i cannot make calls inside my home as it is a steel box apparently...

Relevancy 48.59%

Every time I try and connect my ipod to my computer says

Cannot install this hardware
There was a problem installing this hardware
Ipod
An error occurred during the installation of this device

The data is invalid

This also occurred recently when I tried to connect a new phone via the usb. Another Ipod i have still works fine when connected via the same cable.

Any suggestions - I have followed all the suggested fixes given under apple support

Cheers

A:Can't connect new ipod or new phone to XP

try using different USB ports for different devices.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-connect-new-ipod-or-new-phone-to-xp-217686.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello all.

I have problem with internet connection sharing, however, I don't have connection when I connect with my phone. I'm making "virtual router" with Virtual Router Manager. Here's pictures:

You see I'm connected with phone.

I have this in Network connections:
and local area connection is shared:
But I don't have connection on my phone.

What could be problem ? Thanks

A:ICS: No connection when I connect phone

Does the phone see the ssid (MyRouterrouter) but can't connect or does it not even show up in the list of available networks?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/287070-ics-no-connection-when-i-connect-phone.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My compact hp pavillion win just came pc and can unable ps3 but phone connect to back from rent a center after months of waiting for pc unable to connect but phone and ps3 can a new screen So I don t wish to yake it back to them just to pay for a pc I don t have Ok now to what the problem Is and what I ve done to pc unable to connect but phone and ps3 can try and fix it quot Limited connectivity quot for both enthernet and wifi I tried dos by reseting netsh Didn t work I got no hotspot plan So that s out Then I pc unable to connect but phone and ps3 can tried going into the properties to change the internet protocal ip settings That didn t work either I I tried resseting my router although my pc remembered the info That is not the problem I m sure only because I had my router an open sourc with no name or password until after I tried everything thinking it may work Now I can put in the long ss password just to get the same nonsense My phone is logged in to the rourter rightnow to write this ---- Not dos command And I don t know how to get the pic I just took onto here nbsp

A:pc unable to connect but phone and ps3 can

can we see an ipconfig /all
ipconfig /all

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-unable-to-connect-but-phone-and-ps3-can.1113873/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am hoping that some of the brilliant people on this site can help me with this bizarre connect one on to AOL phone line Can't problem We have a Dell Desktop with XP and are using AOL Dial-Up don t laugh for internet access We currently have phone lines the house line a business line and a line we just added last week that was supposed to be for internet Can't connect to AOL on one phone line use only We have no problems connecting to the internet with the old phone lines so from this I assume that our modem and phone cable are OK There is a dial tone no static and I can call and send faxes over this line with no problems The modem will dial out on the line to get access numbers Problem is when I go to sign on there is a dial tone the modem dials out and then it gets stuck on step and never connects I have been through all the troubleshooting with AOL AOL blames the phone line the phone company blames AOL The only difference between the lines is that the ones that I can get on the internet with have call waiting Is there any way this is an issue Is it possible that the line can t handle the K modem I m at a total loss and don t know where to go from here Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Aubrey nbsp

A:Can't connect to AOL on one phone line

If it connects on one of the lines, and doesn't connect on the new one, the obvious answer here is the phone line.

To eliminate interior wiring, I'd temporarily connect directly to the NID and eliminate any interior wiring as a possible cause. If that fails, it's pretty much got to be the phone line.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-aol-on-one-phone-line.678129/
Relevancy 48.59%

My windows mobile won't connect to my laptop (vista). The device seems to be installed as it appears in the device manager, also I hear the sound when I plug it in. I've tried my device on XP and it worked fine, so it's a problem with Vista. I've tried a number of times re installing the device and re installing the software I was given (Windows Mobile Device Center).

Thanks.

A:Windows phone won't connect to pc

I've had it connected to another vista computer and it recognized it straight away and worked perfect. The difference is in device manager it says "Microsoft USB Sync" rather than "Toshiba USB Sync 0700", also it says the drivers are working properly.

So it must be an issue with my laptop. Any other USB device seems to work, so it's strange why this is different

Is there a way I can download Microsoft USB Sync drivers? Every link I click tells me to use windows update.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-phone-wont-connect-to-pc.890102/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Compaq notebook with Vista OS which I use on my home network with a Dell Desktop (XP OS) and an iMac Desktop (Leopard OS).

I plan on bringing the Laptop with me on a trip this summer and would like to know what settings I should use when on the road to safely access the web at a hotel or other wifi hot spot such as Starbucks. I understand there are some security concerns and I’m not quite clear on the difference between a “public” setting and a “private” one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Herc

Relevancy 48.59%

Taking the laptop on the road. I've been poking around trying to see how it gets configured for a public WiFi and don't see the screen to set the private/public switch when trying it out at home.

A:Setting up laptop for public wireless

I don't know what you mean by "the private/public switch". With wireless enabled, you search for available networks and connect. The process is generally the same as connecting at home.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-laptop-for-public-wireless.715875/
Relevancy 48.16%

In my case the computer -  a Compaq SA423 - with  the AC adapter on its own won't start without the battery either.  However,  once it has fired up, it will run with the AC adapter on it;s own without the battery in place.  The AC adapter will charge the battery, but there is no power cord in the battery icon showing if the AC adapter is plugged in UNLESS I remove the battery. What is going on?

A:Laptop won't power up without Battery in place

Hi,In order ti isolate the issue further, i request you to download the latest bios from the HP site and check for the issue occurrence.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.htmlAlso, to confirm the AC Adapter issue, request you to connect this adapter to ant other notebook and check.Please reply with the results.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-won-t-power-up-without-Battery-in-place/td-p/5072474
Relevancy 48.16%

While I was playing a game and pressed the control button (Ctrl) and the 'J' button, they both randomly popped off. I tried looking for some videos that would help to me put them back properly.

The two clips are still on the keyboard for 'J' and just the key itself is out. When I push down on it to get it back in place, the bottom half is lanky. The top clips on but the bottom doesn't.

This is for my laptop HP Compaq 6730s

A:How can I put my laptop keys back into place?

Sometimes you have to press in the middle of the key to get to snap into place.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/101443-how-can-i-put-my-laptop-keys-back-into-place.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have been using the HP Envy DV since the summer of It was after place Laptop me... powers changing RAM up the the only of bought in the US same year In I had it serviced already out of the HP Guarantee period for loose hinges What happened next is that things got worse No way to power up the laptop I tried various options read forum opinions and followed advice It turned out that the only way the laptop lights up again is by changing the slots of the two memory RAM blocks That's it But once I turn it off I Laptop powers up only after changing the place of the RAM me... have to repeat the exchange again and again and again Clearly that will break the slots eventually Once started the laptop works fine Service guys Laptop powers up only after changing the place of the RAM me... advised me buying a new motherboard which would supposedly sovle the issue What might be the solution really nbsp Things I have already did but all in vain it doesn't power up even with the RAM blocks removed no beeps nothing that normally follows with no RAM with or withour power supply battery ac only bios battery removed - bios reset formatting the HDD and installing a new OS Windows

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-powers-up-only-after-changing-the-place-of-the-RAM/td-p/5777255
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I've been reading threads for hours on Windows 7 installs but I can't find a specific answer for my scenario.

I am looking at buying a couple of Toshiba laptops that have a pre-installed version of Windows 7 Home Premium. I already own a Microsoft Action Pack which gives me 10 Windows 7 Professional licences. I want to be able to upgrade the OS on the laptops from the Home Edition to the Professional Edition. Because the laptops are already setup with all the toshiba software drivers etc installed I am reluctant to do a clean install. Is it possible to use the product key from my Action Pack to upgrade the laptops without having to wipe them and start again?

I'm not concerned about loosing the home premium licence I just want to upgrade to Professional Edition with minimum fuss.

I hope someone can help clarify this. Thanks.

A:In place upgrade on Toshiba laptop

Hi... I have got 2 Toshiba (netbook and a laptop) the net book came with the useless Windows7 starter.. I have upgradrd to Ultimate without any problems .
You will find a facility on your toshiba will enable you just to enter the license key and it is done ..I forgot what is it called but I will look for it .

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/61527-place-upgrade-toshiba-laptop.html
Relevancy 48.16%

hello my brand new one week old laptop has malware on it i read the forum rules so here over cursor hp place laptop all the pavillion is my HiJacker log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform hp pavillion laptop cursor all over the place Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe hp pavillion laptop cursor all over the place C Program Files hp pavillion laptop cursor all over the place x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCtrl exe C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BluetoothHeadsetProxy exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files x Vuze Remote tbVuze dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files x Vuze Remote tbVuze dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - Toolbar Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Pro... Read more

A:hp pavillion laptop cursor all over the place

edited to say i have no control of keys and cursor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-laptop-cursor-all-over-the-place.935542/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a new computer with Vista Home Premium and I moved some of the Public Folders Public Documents another directory to folder Public Public longer no moved Music Pictures from C to D as instructed by Microsoft at this link When you try to move a public folder in Windows Vista the Move button may be missing I want to be able to share these folders from their new location with the other computers in my home network so I turned on the Public Folder sharing in the Network and Sharing Center However in the Network and Sharing Center the only public folders recognized are the ones still at the original location - C Users Public Favorites and C Public Desktop hidden files and Recorded TV I have spent a few hours searching for the answer to this on the internet In this version of Vista Home Premium there is NOTthe option to change the letter of the directory in the registry by changing the key called public as suggested by the How To Geek at this link Move the Public folder moved to another directory no longer Public Public Folder in Windows Vista the How-To Geek How To Geek says quot Browse down to this key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList You should see a key called Public Double-click it to open it and change it to D Public or whatever location you want to move the public folder to quot Note - Vista Home Premium does NOT have a Public key Does anyone else have any other ideas Thanks so much in advance

A:Public folder moved to another directory no longer Public

Originally Posted by vistabegood

I have a new computer with Vista Home Premium and I moved some of the Public Folders (Public Documents, Music, Pictures) from C to D, as instructed by Microsoft at this link When you try to move a public folder in Windows Vista, the Move button may be missing

I want to be able to share these folders from their new location with the other computers in my home network, so I turned on the Public Folder sharing in the Network and Sharing Center.

However, in the Network and Sharing Center the only public folders recognized are the ones still at the original location - C:\Users\Public\Favorites and C:\ ...\Public Desktop (hidden files) and ...\Recorded TV.

I have spent a few hours searching for the answer to this on the internet. In this version of Vista Home Premium, there is NOTthe option to change the letter of the directory in the registry by changing the key called public as suggested by the How To Geek at this link Move the Public Folder in Windows Vista :: the How-To Geek

How To Geek says:
"Browse down to this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
You should see a key called Public. Double-click it to open it and change it to D:\Public, or whatever location you want to move the public folder to."Note - Vista Home Premium does NOT have a Public key.

Does anyone else have any other ideas?

Thanks so much in advance.

If you open Windows Explorer and right click on the directory that you want to share. Select Share from the popup menu and then click on the Advanced Sharing button. In the Advanced Sharing dialogue, select Share this folder. If you want sharing users to be able to add or delete files then click on permissions and make sure that the Group Everyone has Full Control selected.

I hope this helps.

UKMedia

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/221640-public-folder-moved-another-directory-no-longer-public.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I've corrupted the permissions on my C:\Users\Public\Public\Downloads folder. How can I recreate this folder? I've tried deleting the folder and then recreating it in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\..\Shell Folders & User Shell Folders, but
to no avail.
This is on a Windows 8.1 Pro x64, non-domain, desktop installation.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9811f36d-fe94-472c-aa06-96c0f3d30f57/how-to-recreate-the-cuserspublicpublicdownloads-folder?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 48.16%

As i am the user of Lumia 640 XL Lte and i am unable to find any jio app in windows store. So guys if you are using Reliance jio 4g sim in windows phone, so please guide me.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437277-how-connect-reliance-4g-jio-sim-windows-10-phone.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My brother has an LG smart phone and was trying to get on the internet on his computer (Windows 7) through his phone but he forgot how he did it. He walked away for a few minutes then when he came back there was a message on the computer screen saying "Hi this is Windows and we see that you were having problems connecting to a network so we fixed it for you". And he was on the net, is that normal for windows or is it that someone got into his phone or whatever? I know micrsoft wont do such a thing but windows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-connect-internet-through-phone.1170850/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys

I wanted to know how to connect an infrared connection of a phone with Windows XP. So that I can transfer files very easily. And I have a dx-905usb Wireless LAN adapter can I use it for that connection?

Please explain it to me in detail

thanks

Relevancy 48.16%

Since the last W10 phone update, my phone rarely connects to the car, it used to do so without any intervention. I now have to press the power button, but not swipe the screen up for it to connect.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443146-why-do-i-have-turn-my-phone-bluetooth-connect-car.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I want to connect my Touch Pro2 Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Printer to the laptop at same time..

If I connect one, the other one gets disabled...

Any idea.. Thanks!!

A:Can't connect Phone Wi-Fi (Internet Sharing) & Wi-Fi Pr

You should be able to use them both at the same time. Can you describe how the printer is connected now? Do you use a wireless router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/66259-cant-connect-phone-wi-fi-internet-sharing-wi-fi-pr.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just bought a Samsung A437 phone and an Azio Bluetooth dongle. According to the phone's manual, I should be able to connect to the phone to download photos, but the Bluetooth software can't detect the phone. Any ideas?

Relevancy 48.16%

I cannot connect to the internet on dial up through my phone line with my XP and when I try an error message appears stating the remote computer did not respond although I may be able TO can INTERNET CONNECT lines CANNOT on other phone but MY XP to connect after or more attempts but it may be slightly easier and take less attempts to connect on internet after MY XP CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNET but can on other phone lines pm or early MY XP CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNET but can on other phone lines morning for some reason but im not sure I tested my XP computer at the store where I bought it and at my parents house and it has no problem at all connecting to my internet provider from their telephone lines using my same username and password My internet provider is blaming my phone line or some other kind of interference although Bell Canada has tested my complete line and reported that it is fully functional with no problems So my question is why can my computer connect with other phone lines but not mine Im wondering if I were to switch to a different internet provider would that solve this problem or should I get a different computer other then an XP because I read on-line that this problem is known to happen with XPs Im able to hear the touch tone number dial through my computer but im not able to hear that single high pitched sound that occurs after and im not able to see my username and password being verified Sometimes I spend hours trying to connect and not able this is driving me crazy

A:MY XP CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNET but can on other phone lines

Quote:

Originally Posted by dom r

I cannot connect to the internet on dial up through my phone line with my XP and when I try an error message #678 appears stating the remote computer did not respond, although I may be able to connect after 20, 30 or more attempts, but it may be slightly easier and take less attempts to connect on internet after 10 pm or early morning for some reason but im not sure.

I tested my XP computer at the store where I bought it and at my parents house and it has no problem at all connecting to my Internet provider from their telephone lines using my same username and password. My internet provider is blaming my phone line or some other kind of interference although Bell Canada has tested my complete line and reported that it is fully functional with no problems. So my question is why can my computer connect with other phone lines but not mine?

Im wondering if I were to switch to a different internet provider would that solve this problem or should I get a different computer other then an XP because I read on-line that this problem is known to happen with XPs. Im able to hear the touch tone number dial through my computer but im not able to hear that single high pitched sound that occurs after and im not able to see my username and password being verified. Sometimes I spend hours trying to connect and not able, this is driving me crazy.

That is strange indeed. Have you tried a different phone number to your provider? usually they offer more than one. I had a similar problem a few years ago, and it was not my phone line, it was theirs. I used a different number, and had no problems getting in, but I kept getting tossed off every 20-30 minutes. Very aggravating. Once again, I switched numbers. I kept doing that until I got a reliable connection. Another thing you might try is a DSL filter. If it is line noise, that can help to reduce it.

Hope this helps.
Jim.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-xp-cannot-connect-to-internet-but-can-on-other-phone-lines-475671.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm trying to connect my PC and my Asus Zenfone 2 with Bluetooth. When I use the "add a device" wizard on Windows 8.1, my mobile phone is detected, but when I try to add it I get: "Windows doesn't have a network profile for this device".

Also, when I try to detect my computer with my mobile phone, it´s not detected.

I'm using a Trust USB 2.0 dongle Bluetooth adapter (the little one you insert on the usb port) that came with a keyboard and mouse Bluetooth set that I used. Could that dongle be designed only for the bluetooth keyboard and mouse set?

A:I cannot connect my phone to my PC (Windows 8.1) with Bluetooth

The Bluetooth device seems fine as it already detected your keyboard and mouse. However, your phone seems not supported with the current Bluetooth device and you might need to take another look.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-connect-my-phone-to-my-pc-windows-8-1-with-bluetooth.215646/
Relevancy 48.16%

So I have a Lenovo Z480 and just installed Windows 10 on it. I used to have Win7 earlier and i'm still using the same drivers. I tried Connecting my Samsung Galaxy S4 to it via Bluetooth and It woudnt even detect it. It detects other laptops around it though.
My phone also doesn't seem to detect the laptop but detects others.

Any ideas? Please help.

Thanks

A:Can't connect Phone to Windows 10 Bluetooth

My Galaxy S5 is detected properly
does Windows 10 detect other devices?
you checked in bluetooth settings on galaxy s4 that it can be find by other devices?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/11156-cant-connect-phone-windows-10-bluetooth.html
Relevancy 48.16%

What do I need to do to connect my cell phone to my modem?

Relevancy 48.16%

I have a dell latitude cpx, and I have sprints samsung A920 phone and I am trying to figure out how to set up the internet through the laptop. I get on through the phone, but how do I set up the settings or whatever on the laptop. Is there software I have to download or something. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 48.16%

Hey, I recently received a Sony Erricson T610, and a Bluetooth dongle to use with my PC. I have paired the devices and used many of the features available, such as sharing pictures and themes, I have also taken advantage of floAt's Mobile Agent. I recently downloaded an app which would allow you to connect to MSN Messenger using my phone. But I was wondering if it was possible to connect my phone to the Internet using my Bluetooth dongle, so I would not have to use T-Mobile's Internet connection, which can be VERY expensive on PAYG. If anyone has any information on possible ways to do this, or if it is not possible, could you please reply to this article, would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Vince

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-phone-to-internet-using-bluetooth.387114/
Relevancy 48.16%

My Windows desktop displays a black screen with 'XT1039' (the version of my Moto G 4G 'phone) at the top with '0 files' and 'Select all' alongside and an empty bar at the bottom with 'Import' and 'Cancel' alongside when I connect the 'phone. I must press the Windows and 'D' keys to return to the desktop, then right-click the top left corner of the screen to close the thumbnail of the window opened by the 'phone. I have become accustomed to the routine. I should prefer it, however, if nothing happened on connection or, preferably, if File Explorer would open or flash, because that is where I want to be, invariably. Is this a Windows issue that can be changed or is it related to the 'phone about which, perhaps, I can do nothing?

A:Want File Explorer when I connect 'phone

You can set autoplay for that device to automatically open File Explorer upon connection. To do so:

Open control panel, then click on Autoplay. This window will come up:

You will see an option to set a default action for removable drives and camera storage. Im not sure which one would apply to your phone, so I would set both to auto open the File Explorer, or in my preference to take no action.

Try this and report back on whether or not it fixes your issue, please.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70806-want-file-explorer-when-i-connect-phone.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My two computers quot Vista quot and quot Win quot are both connected by Ethernet cable to a ComTrend router-modem Settings on both machines allow Public folder sharing folder let Public laptop Vista 8.1 Win into desktop won't Vista can enter Win 's Public folder with no problem deposit files there take files from there modify Vista desktop won't let Win 8.1 laptop into Public folder files--whatever When I double-click Vista desktop won't let Win 8.1 laptop into Public folder on the Vista icon from Win 's Network link in File Explorer I Vista desktop won't let Win 8.1 laptop into Public folder get the dialog box saying quot Windows cannot access Vista Public You do not have permission to access Vista Public quot etc I have followed the instructions regarding how to share files between computers running different operating systems multiple times and the result is always the same Here are a few things that might be noteworthy I finally succeeded last night at sharing the printer that's connected to the Vista machine with the Win so the firewall or whatever let me through from the Win to the Vista for at least that purpose When I click quot Show me all the shared network folders shared on this computer quot in the Network and Sharing Center it says quot Canon printer and Canon printer shared Public Users amp Printers quot Both computers are on WORKGROUP The Network and Sharing Center calls the network that Vista is on quot Network quot The Network and Sharing Center on the Win machine calls its network quot Network quot Both networks are private I am using Norton on both machines Automatic File Printer Sharing Control is quot on quot I am at my wits' end with this--it has been months since I had some work done on the Vista machine at a local computer shop that I haven't had two-way file sharing between these two machines Joan

A:Vista desktop won't let Win 8.1 laptop into Public folder

Because no one has replied to this question and so many people have viewed it, I wanted to explain how I FINALLY solved the problem I was having and that I am sure other people have, too. The Vista desktop's Security settings were the fly in the ointment. Provided you've done everything else you're supposed to do to set up Public folder sharing in Control Panel>Network and Sharing (i.e., turn on Network Discovery, File Sharing, Public folder sharing & (if you wish) Printer sharing), you should navigate to C:\Users\Public folder and right-click on the Public folder's file name. Then click Properties. Be sure the Sharing tab indicates that the folder is shared, then click the Security tab. There will be a bunch of users names listed there. What worked for me was to add "Everyone" to that list by clicking the Edit button, the Add button, writing the word "Everyone" in the "Enter the object names to select" field, and clicking Checking Names. That should cause "Everyone" to show up underlined, at which point you click OK. Check the boxes under "Permissions for Everyone," click Apply, OK & Close. That should do it! If you've had this problem and been trying unsuccessfully to solve it for months as I have, give yourself a cheer!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62608-vista-desktop-wont-let-win-8-1-laptop-into-public-folder.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all I normally buy my screens from ebay but does anyone know anywhere cheap . im from london uk so pref in uk please .. thanks

A:Where is cheapest place to buy replacement laptop screens

What's wrong with still using EBay? I get all my screens from EBay suppliers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-is-cheapest-place-to-buy-replacement-laptop-screens.187553/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am in need of upgrading from 8GB to 16GB laptop memory as I am almost maxing out. According to pcpartpicker.com, the prices seem to have increased from 2012... anyone know why? http://pcpartpicker.com/trends/memory/

Thanks.

Relevancy 47.3%

Okay, I make music. I am a laptop producer. I'm not sure its even eligible to ask here, but its the only forum site I've registered with.So, um -I need help. I need websites that provides free plugins to make dubstep sounds, like growls and stuff. Both vst's and vsti's are welcome, but it has to be free.If you think there's not much better free dll plugins, gimme the paid ones too, but generally not preffered.Plus, some sort of drum machine. There are a lot I know, but lacks the recording/exporting feature.Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

A:Is this the right place to ask bout Laptop music production?

A GOOGLE search for Free plugins to make dubstep sounds found this - https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en-...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/is-this-the-right-place-to-ask-bout-laptop-music-production/2209.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi!

I have my own computer repair shop, and there's a dude I know who despise me for no apparent reason. He has much more IT certifications than I do and I'm wondering if he is spying on me or sniffing my IP packets using a customer's PC which he could use as a "trojan horse" inside my house. He can get pretty dirty as he is known to have done so a couple of times!

If there are preventive practices that I could use it will be awesome if you share some!

Thanks!

A:Can someone sniff my network by bringing a laptop at my place?

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
But seriously if you set your working environment like the pic below you will be a lot safer,

http://www.sevenforums.com/attachmen...1&d=1449707200

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387318-can-someone-sniff-my-network-bringing-laptop-my-place.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hai... im using BB i have two account one is mine and other is from my relative.i tried the other account it working... i can use 2 account after changing in my modem.. i have an old modem how to connect two modem in single phone line

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All can't connect to Windows phone hotspot 8.1 Wi-Fi Android I have a Dell laptop running Windows connected to the internet through a mobile broadband connection Android phone can't connect to Windows 8.1 Wi-Fi hotspot I am trying to share this connection with my Android phone Samsung Galaxy Pocket by creating a Wi-Fi hotspot but nothing I do seems to work Here s the problem I can create the Wi-Fi hotspot and connect to it on my phone but there is no internet connectivity i e my phone says it s connected but every time I try to browse the internet or use Android phone can't connect to Windows 8.1 Wi-Fi hotspot anything on my phone that requires internet connection it fails to load Internet works fine perfectly up to speed on my laptop The problem is not my phone it connects fine to other Wi-Fi networks e g Wi-Fi routers etc It is as if my computer is only sharing a very slow internet connection I have tried using the built in sharing option i e PC settings gt Network gt Connections gt MTN-SA gt Share this connection desktop programs such as Connectify or MyPublicWifi which stop my computer from connecting to mobile broadband at all and command prompt netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode allow ssid NetworkName key MyPassword but they all have the same problem that I described earlier If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful to hear them Thanks William Dry

A:Android phone can't connect to Windows 8.1 Wi-Fi hotspot

You need to bridge the Wifi adapter to the Mobile connection in Windows.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/44210-android-phone-cant-connect-windows-8-1-wi-fi-hotspot.html
Relevancy 47.3%

this HP mini has Win7 Starter,
and does not recognize Android phone when they are connected with a usb cable.
any helps?

A:connect Andoroid phone and HP mini with USB cable?

Quote: Originally Posted by fluidmotion

this HP mini has Win7 Starter,
and does not recognize Android phone when they are connected with a usb cable.
any helps?

Have you tried a different usb cable?

Is the Android phone recognized when plugged in to a different computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/232184-connect-andoroid-phone-hp-mini-usb-cable.html
Relevancy 47.3%

A friend has a brand new Samsung Windows 8 computer. She was having trouble with getting any pages to load on both Firefox and IE. I ran Malware Bytes and Adware on it. MB found 1389 PUPs. I noticed "snap.do" on her IE, and I believe got rid of that. Had to restart per MB and then neither browser would connect to the internet. Got FF working, but not IE. 

Today she messaged that she cannot get her phone or tablet to sync.The computer tells her that the Windows password is incorrect. I suspect either not all the problems are removed and/or that IE not connecting is the issue. Help please!

ETA: Kaspersky antivirus purchased and installed by the Geek Squad. I am not familiar with the program other than their freebie online scanner.

A:Snap.do and jollywallet; also IE won't connect & cannot sync w/phone & tab

I just realized I posted this in the wrong spot; can it please be moved to "Am I Infected?". Thank you!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528147/snapdo-and-jollywallet;-also-ie-wont-connect-cannot-sync-wphone-tab/
Relevancy 47.3%

how do i connect a cell phone with bluetooth to a laptop with bluetooth?

A:how do i connect a bluetooth cell phone to laptops?

What OS? In windows you simply set your cell phone to discoverable in the bluetooth settings and then in your bluetooth places you discover devices. It should walk you through the pairing process from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-connect-a-bluetooth-cell-phone-to-laptops.72124/
Relevancy 47.3%

hi i have to android my datacard? connect to How my phone reliance a datacard with unlimited plan How to connect my android phone to my reliance datacard? but it does not have a wifi capability basically i want to connect my gionee s to it i ve been surfing the net for How to connect my android phone to my reliance datacard? the past few days i came upon the following options i m ready to buy a wireless router Tenda TE-N N Easy Setup Router is my choice but my doubt is that whether it will be able to create a wifi network using the How to connect my android phone to my reliance datacard? network from my datacard through my pc winxp using wireless adapter by using softwares to make it function like a router but i don t know how much reliable this method is plus even the posters recommend to go for a router Reverse tethering my phone but for it all the sites say the phone must be rooted And i m not able to root my phone in any way so this choice is out Reply to this choice if there s any way to reverse tether without rooting most of all i want to spend the least and be sure it ll work pls help and tnx nbsp

A:How to connect my android phone to my reliance datacard?

Tell us more about this "Datacard", who is the provider and does the OEM allow it to be networked per your purchase agreement?

Include make and model of this datacard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-my-android-phone-to-my-reliance-datacard.1171241/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello
Sir
I m using htc touch to use the wifi internet connection provided by my collage campus. So all i want use the same connection on my pc With through that phone. so how can establish the bridge connection bet (wifi>>>>Phone<<<Pc) so i want to use the wifi internet connection on my pc through/using my Htc Touch....

Plz reply or e-mail at (or maybe not!)

Mod edit: remove email address.

A:how to connect the pc to wifi through a windows mobile phone

Not a good idea to put your email address in posts unless you enjoy bots sending you all kind of spam email.

What you are trying to do is called Tethering. Most cell phone providers do have this option but I believe technically you have to pay for it. There are hacks around it though. I know how to do it on my Palm not sure about windows mobile.
I would google search for: htc touch tethering
You will get lots of hits.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-the-pc-to-wifi-through-a-windows-mobile-phone.858682/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I?m trying to connect my Samsung Galaxy S III to my new Asus LX302L via bluetooth.
Both have bluetooth vers. 4 and I have successfully connected other units to my phone earlier but now it doesn't work.

I can "see" both units and they are linked together via password but that's it.
After I linked them together, the status information on the computer says "Not connectet" for the phone. The same information is the phone saying about the computer.
All drivers are up to date.

I want to use my phone as a remote using "Unified remote" and I also want to play music via the phone out to the computer speakers. This I have been able to do with my old computer (windows 7) but now it doesn't work.

What should I do?

Best regards,
David

A:Connect phone to computer via bluetooth - problem

Hi falkenow And Welcome To Eight Forums,
First Thing we have to check is see if the "Bluetooth Support Service" is running and set to "Automatic" by going to services.msc in the search.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/52615-connect-phone-computer-via-bluetooth-problem.html
Relevancy 47.3%

A few days ago my Windows desktop suddenly stopped being able to connect to the Internet It was literally a case of it worked fine - nothing was changed or downloaded and then two hours later I could not load any web pages My desktop does not have a wireless card and it is connected to the Netgear router via an Ethernet cable I tried re-installing the modem router via the Smart Wizard software and got an error saying the cable or router could not be located I could connect to the router page via I contacted my ISP and they confirmed they could see me connected Today I got a brand new Netgear router plugged it in but still my desktop could not connect to the Internet I can confirm the router is working perfectly because I was able to the connect to it via my phone and laptop wirelessly I am now on the Internet but my Desktop to with Ethernet can but connect Internet cannot phone Win desktop is still not working A new network was created when I plugged in the new router Desktop with Ethernet cannot connect to Internet but phone can but as before in Network Connections screen I have - Local Area Connection - Device Name Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller - Connectivity No Internet Access In the screen from right clicking the start button and choosing Network Connections if I click the Local Area Connection I get IPv Connectivity No Internet Access I checked and no updated from anything were downloaded during the three hour period when it was working to not working In Device Manager the Realtek is working fine it is enabled I cannot download anything on my desktop because it will not connect to the Internet I cannot use the screen int the browser to access the Netgear router page I'm totally totally stumped Any suggestions much appreciated Thanks

A:Desktop with Ethernet cannot connect to Internet but phone can

Welcome to the forum. Open a CNC prompt type ipconfig /all post result's we are looking to see if dhcp is enabled. Are you sure the cable is good does the router show a light for the port were the cable goes in?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70137-desktop-ethernet-cannot-connect-internet-but-phone-can.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Please advise me how the connect reliance jio 4G connection via windows 909 phone. my jio app not available in windows store.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437270-can-i-connect-reliance-jio-4g-connection-via-windows-909-phone.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have been using Windows Ad Hoc network netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode allow ssid wifi key netsh wlan start hostednetwork for a few months with no problems at all but suddenly it has stopped android connect Cannot phone hot PC spot windows to 10 working I cannot longer connect to it with my android phone I can see both networks with internet access in networks and sharing centre Yes I enabled sharing on the first network in network properties No success Tried reinstalling Cannot connect android phone to windows 10 hot spot PC system Again no success Tried Baidu hot spot OTtoto Hot spot Connectify with no success My phone detects such created network but cannot connect to Cannot connect android phone to windows 10 hot spot PC it Somethimes when traying to enable sharing on first network I am getting a message When Internet Connection Sharing is enabled your LAN adapter will be set to use IP address Your computer may lose connectivity with other computers on your network If these other computers have static IP addresses you should set them to obtain their IP addresses automatically Are you sure you want to enable Internet Connection Sharing Any help please

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/75046-cannot-connect-android-phone-windows-10-hot-spot-pc.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an Acer Aspire 5315 laptop with Windows 7 32bit Home Premium Edition 1GB RAM. i had to take it apart to replace the dc port in it last week and then also had to replace the ac adapter as well. Now that i have it back together and everything works it won't connect to the wireless internet. I don't have my own internet currently so i tried various public access points. It will detect a network (though no signal) but won't connect even though everyone else can connect. I'm using a desktop at the public library currently. All my drivers are updated and it says everything is working properly. It's a Broadband 802.11g wireless network adapter. ok, change that from won't connect to EXTREMELY low signal. i'm right next to the router and have 1 bar for a signal and it connected. Any ideas what's going on with my signal issues?

A:Public wireless network connection issues on laptop

Did you reconnect the black and white wireless antennas on the network card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/215543-public-wireless-network-connection-issues-laptop.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Lately I've been having a problem with my laptop. The internet at home runs very slowly on it. I've tried the home wifi and I've tried direct...still slow. We have several laptops that we've tested and this problem only happens on my laptop and only at home. I've recently tested my laptop on several free public wifi connections and it runs great.

I've tried deleting the home connection and starting over but that hasn't worked either.

Thank you in advance as any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.